Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
  2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.79/5
Based on 1,842 ratings submitted in the last year

Capital One has credit cards to help you earn points to use towards major purchases, including travel. Read reviews for Capital One Venture to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Capital One Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I have been dealing with Capital one for the past 5 years, surprising to me how poor their customer service is. Even when asked to speak with a supervisor, the rudeness was just un-call for. Well I have to find another online bank with good interest rates once my CD's mature. I will definitely be closing my 360 money market accounts. I had to remind "James" more than once that he was speaking with a individual and needed to be professional. The supervisor told me that I could make a complaint to her if I wanted but that is as far as it will go because she was the supervisor.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I rented a car from Zigzag rental car in Miami fl. I was supposed to receive my full deposit of $600. I was only refunded $273. When I called Capital to report fraud on my card I was told that I didn't need to send any papers. So we we waited a month and called back. Capital said that Zigzag car rental said we damaged the car. However no damage report was provided. So Capital one sent me an email on December 4th asking for paperwork. I submitted it. I don't the report of the analysis of the returned rental car. Paperwork stated there was no damage.

Capital One then told us that the company said we damaged the car. So we were sent an email to upload our paperwork, which showed that there was no damage on the car. So were sent a letter with information saying our case is closed. We then called them and they admitted to us that they never talked to the company because the information we sent to them was too late. So Capital admitted that they lied to us about the damaged vehicle. I don't want them to be able to lie to any other customers. I don't know why they would ask us to upload information on two occasions, knowing they had not and had no intention on calling ZigZag rental car.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I recently purchased a new gate opener to replace my old one. The salesman at the gate company assured me that the opener I was getting from them was compatible with the remotes and keypad from my other opener, when I received the new opener I tested them and they were not compatible. The gate company charged a 50% restocking fee which didn’t make sense seeing that I returned it in good condition and very promptly and the fact that they misled me to believe the two were compatible. I called Capital One to dispute the charge, they took the merchant's side and I was out $285. That’s not taking care of the consumer. Needless to say capital one is not in wallet anymore.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

Lousy customer service, unable to help me access account while traveling in Switzerland, they want to send me a code to my US mobile phone, which does not work outside the US. Tech service is deplorable to say the least, keep asking same question over and over, and admit they cannot do anything to help me. I've been a customer for 15 years, had no problems so far, but that means I'm looking for another Master Card, and not with CapitalOne.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

This is the absolute worst experience I have ever had with anyone. The company is supposed to been there to help with any issues yet all I have had is ISSUES. I’m going to global news and have every single recording. I am not the only customer in my family. Both my brothers, my mother and my father all have had it with this stupid company. WE WILL BE GOING TO GLOBAL NEWS!!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I'm 57 yrs old and I have had plenty of bad experiences by Capital One has been the worse! 2019 has been a bad year. My wife has stage 4 brain cancer and the company I work for was bought out. Needlessly to say I fell way behind on my bills. I was in communication with Capital One letting them know I realized I have a debt and I'll pay it. Capital One called almost daily telling me that they are going to repo my car. On Sunday January 12th I told them I have an eviction to pay or I'd be put out I could make a payment Friday January 17. They asked if I was in possession of the car and of course I say yes. Within two hours the car was repossessed! I just felt if the person on the phone couldn't make the decision to give me 5 more days she should have found someone who could. This company is now going to be forever ???? a bad choice!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Just cancelled my 0% credit card with Capital One. When I tried to access my account online it required a phone number, which has been changed. It is a landline. Because capital one could not verify my old number, landline, or send me a text with a cell phone I don't own (no service), a FRAUD HAS BEEN PLACED ON MY ACCOUNT. The only thing I want-- the rewards for signing up with your company to begin with. I hate this company and will never use anything associated with capital one again. All this hassle just to change a phone number so I can access my account online. Capital one -- I have enough hassles and never again from your company.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

Capital One has a terrible referral system. You have to wait for weeks for your referral link. I was really excited about the Capital One Venture card and referred the card to one of my friends. Unfortunately, I had a difficult time accessing the referral link, the link to access my referral link was dead, but I told them to sign up anyways. A few months after they signed up I opened up my account to find that the referral link now works. Unfortunately, my friend already signed up and I missed out on $100. I call customer service and their only solution was to ask another friend to sign up. I wish they told me that I could wait for my referral link to work or inform me when they were going to get me a referral link.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I had a simple question which was "Do I have to re-enter my bank account every time I buy a 360 CD?" The simple and direct answer is "yes." It seems that info must be entered each time. Fine. The rep walked me through the steps (and not in a personable way) to get to the place I already was before I called (which I had already explained). When I got to that place, I said, "I already did all of this before and it's the same result, it's still asking me for my bank info which is already linked," and he said, "oh, it won't (pre-populate, reenter, whatever his exact words were) all the information, 'you will still have to enter some.'"

With simple listening, here's how that conversation should have gone:
Me: Q: "Do I have to re-enter my bank account info every time I buy a 360 CD?"
Rep: A: Yes, it will pre-populate the rest of your information if you are already a customer, but you will have to enter your bank information each time.

Me: "Ok, thank you."

I would like to add that I do appreciate Capital One as a company overall. But like with so many companies, I don't understand why you put the most incompetent, worst listening employees in customer service. You can afford to pay for training. Don't you understand that (although these employees may be at the lowest end of the hierarchy), so many times they are the ones that determine what your customers think of your company?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I've been trying to clean up my credit for 2 years and Capital One still reports late payments to Transunion and Experian since 2015. I have paid off my accounts in full, I have no balance at all for 3 years and they still report late payments every month. Last year 2019 Transunion suggested to send a dispute directly to Capital One Dispute dept. I did that and they didn't do anything about it. I have to hire an attorney to look into the situation. At the present time I have sent another dispute but I don't think they care... If I could give lass than one star I would do that. They really damaged my credit.

Capital One Company Information