toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Merrick Bank has been a asset to helping me restore my credit. I truly appreciate the professional and courteous treatment rec'd from representatives whenever I have to call. Thank you Merrick Bank for believing in me and giving me a chance to prove that I am credit worthy...

I had 2 disputed charges on my account. I had been charged for a free trial after I closed my account. I contacted the Claims Dept. at Merrick Bank after talking to the company that charged me. Merrick contacted the company and never got a response so they refunded my credit card. I was extremely happy with the service!

I like that credit card. Very professional whenever you have anything that help you with no time. And anytime when am talking to them in the phone it's like talking to a family. Thank you for your good service. What I like the most not only the service but everything.

Customer service reps I've dealt with in the past have not been helpful and have been very rude and short when dealing with me and have not been helpful. I would not recommend this card. I do plan on closing the card in July of 2017.

I am happy with Merrick Bank and thankful that they offered me credit and then extended my line with good payment history. The web site is easy to use and the payment options and set up are user friendly interface. THANKS Merrick.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merrick Bank?

I find your automated phone payments and website to be easy and problem free as compared with others. I have had good luck when calling a representative for questions and/or to resolve problems with very little to no frustration. Just wish that interest was lower.

Did just what they promised when I opened my account. I keep all my payments on time, and when I had 7 payments on time my limit doubled without my asking them. They helped me improve my credit a lot, and I thank them for that. I would tell anyone Merrick Bank is a very good place to get credit.

I am getting charged 50.00 a month as a service charge even though I pay more than the minimum each month. This is absolutely deplorable and I am going to pay off this card asap and never do business with them again.

I am more than happy with my association with Merrick Bank. There have been no problems at all. After 6 mos of on-time payments they doubled my credit limit without my requesting an increase. My payments have been posted promptly. When my dog chewed the card, I reported it to Merrick and received a new card within 5 days, very good customer service.

My Merrick Bank credit card was easy to get a few years ago when my credit wasn't so good (because of inability to pay student loan payments), and it helped build my credit to the good rating that it is now. The problem is that they eventually force you to pay a monthly fee to keep the card. I have other credit cards where you pay the yearly fee, but for a good reason - perks. AMEX has points you can earn, or airline cards give you airline perks; Merrick bank has nothing. I would close my account but that would hurt my age of credit which would also hurt my credit score. So I am forced to pay $70+ per year for a worthless card.

Great card to have when starting to get your credit back on track. They raise your credit line when they think you have earned it and not just give you any credit line which can hurt you. I would recommend this card to family and friends.

Merrick Bank has been absolutely marvelous in any and all of our dealings with them (my wife has a separate account with them). We have found them to be fair, courteous and patient with us each and every time we have had to phone them for assistance or advice. Thank goodness that we have not had to contact them requesting an extension for a monthly payment or similar problem but we trust that they would handle that problem and solution with the same care and concern they have provided to us thus far in our relationship.

I only have a credit card with Merrick currently and don't have any issues with that. In fact I love that they review my account and will raise my credit limit occasionally. However, Merrick Bank needs to seriously update their mobile app!! If they want to keep their customers happy, they should realize that keeping their technical up to date is a great way to accomplish that. The app has not worked for me in several months and it's irritating and inconvenient.

Have had this card for 10 months. The offer they sent to me said they would double my limit after 7 months and THEY DID. I pay off my balance each month so I have never had to call into their customer service dept, so not sure how they are. I would recommend this bank to anyone who is rebuilding their credit.

I love the establishment. I have never had any issues or concerns with the company or my credit card. I will continue to refer others to this banking establishment. I receive notifications in a timely manner and transactions and payments post accordingly without any problems.

I have been a customer for over 5 years. I have not had any issues that have made me want to leave. I have seen regular CL increases (never asked). I would definitely recommend Merrick Bank to anyone looking to build a strong credit history.

I really like Merrick Bank. They offer great resources and always give me credit limit increase. I would like to see them move away from annual and monthly fees for those consumers that have shown financial responsibility.

Great card overall. Only cons could give credit increases takes longer than expected than other credit cards I have. Also, like the app - more accessible to options like the desktop full site has. Haven't had any major issues. Great card.

I have been with this bank for five plus years. They have always been fair and very prompt with their respond. I had some financial issues and they were willing to trust me so I could establish my credit again by giving me a card. So I would recommend this company to anyone.

While I liked the fact that my limit was doubled after 6 months, I did NOT appreciate having my card put on hold after forgetting a payment 8 months into having it. Where was the reminder or courtesy call, email or text?

Merrick Bank has fulfilled every aspect they proclaimed when I first signed up. They have doubled my credit limit exactly when they said. The monthly rewards are helpful. Customer service has been gracious and helpful when I have called. My overall opinion Merrick is very high and I will continue on and tell friends to consider accounts through them. Thanks again.

I opened my account a few years ago, and while the interest rate is higher than other companies (rightfully so), they continually review my account and increase my credit line accordingly. This is significant when building and/or repairing your credit. I financially backed a failed business and as a result, my score dropped drastically. Thanks in part to Merrick, I back on my feet.

Merrick is a very unique bank. It is a pleasure dealing with them. I have dealt with other banks over the years, but Merrick Bank is definitely one step above. I guarantee that you will be as pleased with them as much as I am.

I attempted to make a charge at Princess Cruises on my Merrick Credit Card for $1000.00. It was declined. I checked my balance and had available credit to cover that transaction amount. When I called Merrick Bank, the CSR was very helpful but could not give me an explanation for the decline after the credit card number and the security code were verified. The CSR then suggested that I call the vendor because it was obviously their error. I went back to Princess Cruises and used a different credit card and the charge went through. I have used credit cards in the past and declines are not usually the fault of the vendor. Frustrating that I can't use the credit card for the transactions I want to use them for when Merrick Back gives me the credit but then decides what they will approve and what they won't.

I feel as though Merrick Bank provides an excellent customer service experience. I feel valued as a customer, particularly as over time with good payment history they have rewarded me with increased credit limits, showing they value me and recognize my efforts to build a good credit record.

Sent in my deposit of $300, waited a few weeks, received the card, did not use the card too much just on minor things, the card comes with their $36 fee already charged to it. Well I was in a bit of a bind and charged my cellphone bill to it which consumed most of the balance. Well here they go and charge off my account and kept my deposit of $300, and now a collection agency that they own is collecting $299.02 from me. I call Merrick Bank to find out where my deposit is and no one can tell me.

I call your customer service to see if I can renegotiate for new rates. I pay on time and extra. I was not only treated rudely but made to feel stupid. When I signed up for your card I was not told about the outrageous signing fees. Your bank needs to learn how to treat people.

Merrick Bank seems to be a ripoff. It was ok at first, but after we went on vacation last year, and I used the card, my available credit is low, and every time, I make a payment (recurring), even though I have a positive available and don't use it, I end up back in negative. On the recurring payment, there are only 2 options. Minimum payment or statement balance. Most companies at least allow you to choose the amount of recurring payment. Why not Merrick. I believe it is a scam to keep poor people in debt to them. Someone should investigate to find if what they are doing is ethical as well as legal.

I am very please with Merrick Credit Card. They started me out with initial credit of 700 with the promise of increase to 1400 after 6 months of on time payments and have regularly increased my limit without me having to ask them. All of my other cards I have to call to get an increase. I really like this time of customer service. Thank you Merrick Bank.

Well yeah it's real easy to get a card from these guys but they will completely clobber you on fees such as their new one of 6 dollars a month just for nothing. I already pay an annual fee higher than most. Then it's super high interest that you'll never pay off so don't get caught in this trap folks. I'm paying mine off. Thank God I don't owe much. Then I'm cancelling this trap of a card. These people are getting stinking rich off the little guys back... Beware something too good to be true usually is.

Merrick Bank Company Profile