Merrick Bank

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I send my payments every two weeks to keep a zero or low balance. I use Bill Pay through my bank. It takes Merrick 5-7 business days to get and process my payment. I called and asked if they are set up electronically. The guy assured me yes. So I set up Bill pay on my other two bank accounts and same thing. I need my payments credited the next business day like my Capital One card. I have had the card for 3 months and closing it as their snail of a payment posting process is complete.

I was fine with Merrick. I paid my card off every month. Then I was in an accident herniated disc x2 and dislocated shoulder and pivots out of the ball of my other shoulder. 8 broken ribs and two broken wrist. I entered a credit protection type of program. They told me they wouldn't charge interest, they always did. I told them I couldn't work. They have no real credit protection program like other cards do. I was told I had to make monthly payments and all I said was I could try but I don’t know if I can.

Anyway they decided I pay $37 a month. I used my savings the first couple of months then I was having problems. I called a couple days ago. They told me I had to pay $72 then I called today and I couldn't even speak to Merrick Bank. I was told my account was charged off the month before. I don't know how they could do this and not honor the plan. It was good until Aug 2017. I was told write them a letter through the collection company. They said they were like hiring a lawyer. Merrick wouldn't talk to me. They sent me no notice. Two days ago they said nothing was charged off. What kind of company is this that does this. Seems to me they don't do what they say and they hide.

Dispute process is impossible to win. I've been had by a scam and they got my money in the end. It took months for me to finally just give up and hand over about 5 hours of my work week. I miss Discover Card.

I received a letter from Merrick Bank today where they had close credit card account because I hadn't used credit card. I called their customer service department and they place me on hold for long periods of time waiting for a Supervisor to answer the phone. I find it ridiculous that Merrick Bank wants to tell the customer when you should the credit card and if you do not they close the account. The customer service representative said that they do this all the time. They decide and they do this to many people all the time. Sound like this Bank will be out of service in no time due to the lack of professionalism.

Merrick did what they said they would. After 6 consecutive payments they doubled my loc. Didn't have to ask for it they just did it. They are helping me rebuild my credit after hitting a rough patch for a while.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merrick Bank?

I was pre-approved according to what I received in the mail. (I didn't wait weeks or months to respond to the "offer".) I double and triple checked the fine print. Go through the process to claim my card and was declined. So thanks for an additional hit to my credit score because of an inquiry. If you're going to approve someone then and only then should you send them a pre-approval. Otherwise, it should just be a "if you're interested in this card, please see apply to see if you qualify" like all the rest of them. It's a really crappy way to do business.

I did receive my first increase as promised. I've had this card for 14 months and have not received another increase. I was told after the first increase I would receive another one 10 months later if I paid on time. I've never missed a payment, nor have I been late. 11 months later, still no increase. I called and inquired about it and the lady was rude! I've talked to them before and had no problem, but this lady was a peach!

Out of all credit card companies I've dealt with, Merrick Bank by far has been the easiest to deal with. No hidden fees and I appreciate the credit score feature. Online system is great to use. Happy so far.

I'm very satisfied with all the things that make Merrick my credit card of choice, such as no annual or hidden fees, a great way to rebuild my credit score and the issue free transactions. I recommend Merrick to all my friends and family! Thanks for the ease of navigating Merrick's website.

I have been a customer of Merrick Bank. and I feel that it is my duty to pass on my experience with this bank. I am a senior citizen, living on a fixed income. Both my wife and I are retired. Because of birthdays, we do not receive our money until the third and fourth Wednesday of each month. When the account was set up they set the due date at the 20th of the month. Which always put us as late due to when our money comes in. So I called and asked for a change in the due date to the 4th of the month, so that we would be paying early, instead of late, depending on when our second check arrived.

To make a long story short, I was paying this account anywhere from 9 to 29 days early each month. However!!! This bank does not care what you set as a due date, they instead charge you late charges and show you delinquent based on their cycle date, which in our case happened to be the 20th of the month. When I called CUSTOMER NO SERVICE they were unconcerned with what I had set up as a due date in order to pay early rather than late. As a consequence of their attitude, I will be closing this account and would strongly recommend anyone considering them, to look elsewhere!!! There are too many good companies out there to spend your time and money with people who do not care about you. Please do yourself a favor and place your business with someone else.

Merrick Bank gave my roommate a line of credit under my name. I looked up my credit report and saw a maxed out Merrick Credit Card. I knew I never applied/nor did I have possession of this credit card. I called the company and gave my information in hopes to gain access to purchases on the account in order to find who opened account. They verified my info to the account, except the address and phone number was incorrect. I took a shot and gave my roommate's work address and cell phone and sure enough it was verified. I asked Merrick how this could happen? The agent explained to me that I was sent a pre-approval in the mail and my roommate must have filled it out and was approved. Here's the kicker, my roommate is a guy. I asked how they could miss the fact that a guy was applying under my information whom is a female. They explained they do not process applications over the phone... EVER. It's mail in only!!!!

So basically Merrick fished me out by sending me a pre-approval, which I was unaware of, and allowed someone else to assume they were me and with no questions asked received a $1500 credit limit in my name!! I have been disputing the charging ever since (About 6 months). I proved the signature wasn't my handwriting and that the charges were all made in a close proximity to my roommates work.

Furthermore, that they clearly adopted poor business ethics by only approving pre-approved mailers without verifying or ever talking to applicant. Anyone can obtain someone else's pre-approval application and with a little work/luck can get a credit line with Merrick Bank. Then Merrick so graciously increases the credit limit within 3-6 months, charges a monthly fee, and insane interest fee!! I can't order from Amazon without verifying my address and full name but they will give someone else my line of credit!!! They are unethically and conduct business unlawfully but they get away with it because the consumer can't prove how crooked they are!!! I see a class action suit in their future!!

I haven't had any terrible experience with Merrick Bank. They kept their promises and I am thankful for that. I just hope at some point they may offer cash back or a lower interest rate. I am considering dropping their card, keeping my Capital One rewards card. We'll see.

Excellent services offered by Merrick Bank. Very easy to deal with. Any time that I spoke with anyone in customer service they were very professional and first class. They offer no fee foreign transactions which is great when traveling! Would recommend to my friends!

I have been a customer with Merrick Bank for most a year and my experience has been a good one. If I could improve one thing it would be ease of use of their site and finding your debits and credits. The one time I needed customer service they were helpful and professional.

Though my interest rate is high, I have no problems with my card. Their app is extremely user-friendly, I am rewarded for my loyalty with increased spending power, & their customer service team is polite & professional.

The server's has truly been outstanding. Dealing with Merrick Bank has been the best experience of my life. The bank is always on time. Even though I speak to a machine when I call it's always productive. Thank you so much and I will recommend you to all my friends.

I like that I am rewarded for paying on time by getting increase in my credit limit, but I don't like being charged a fee for you to raise my credit so you can make more monies on my using my new amount of credit. Just like another hidden fee.

Pleased with the quick automated service, response time is good. Account info is easy to access. Have not experience any problems. Was not familiar with Merrick originally and I have recommended it to other associates and friends. Liked getting an increase in a short period of time without making a request.

I'm quite happy with the relationship I have with Merrick Bank. The terms are reasonable enough, the payment is easy enough. They have increased my limit on occasion in keeping with needs. I'm sure they were instrumental in the rebuilding of my credit.

I am very pleased with all aspects of Merrick Bank. The webpage is very easy to navigate. My account limit has been raised in a timely manner. My only suggestion would be to send some checks to transfer funds. Thank you for asking for my feedback.

We have had this card now for a few years, it is a pleasure to business with Merrick. As we pay our bill on time we receive increases in our spending ability, which helps in our credit score. We have recommended Merrick to many friends and family.

I have had real good luck with this card and Merrick Bank in general. I've been trying to bring my credit up and they are helping me in my quest to improve my credit for any future purchases I might make. They have been increasing my limit frequently it seems but it makes me feel good about how I'm doing. Thank you Merrick Bank.

On the 20th and 21st of May there was 2 unauthorized purchases made on the PSN network. The PSN networked claimed it would take 3 months to refund my money back on my card. I feel that this is inexcusable. It was a unauthorized purchase that had nothing to do with me. The best they could do is give me a PSN credit. Which means I still have to pay the 200 dollars on my card.

Merrick Bank notified me immediately when someone tried to use my card to purchase $1500 in Walmart gift cards. I had my card in my possession and no idea how someone got my card number. I was very grateful. Excellent customer service!

Great for re-establishing credit. Merrick Bank has helped me restore my credit score. They have generously extended credit before anyone else has. I have found their customer support staff to be friendly and courteous.

Merrick has a program that doesn't punish people who need to rebuild their credit. Their fees are fair and the credit line increase after so many months of responsibly paying your bills goes a long way to repairing your credit score. Compare the terms, I had offers from companies with logos that look like major card companies and their monthly fees were outrageous even if you didn't use the card that month.

I had never heard of Merrick Bank before they sent me an offer to apply for a credit card. But my experience with this bank since has been nothing less than great. The have done exactly what they promised and my credit score has improved because of my relationship with Merrick! I would highly recommend them to others.

I been with Merrick Bank for awhile now. I have no complaints and always have had a great experience with them. Their services are exceptional and enjoy the credit increases I receive. I would recommend Merrick Bank to everyone, they have been nothing but great for me and I'm sure they would be for anyone that is with them.

I have not had any problems with Merrick's customer service. I have been with them for a couple of years now and they always give me credit limit increases, every four to six months. I don't have problems with them calling me to make a payment if I am late. I don't have any issues with Merrick Bank they have become one of my favorite cards to use.

I am satisfied with my experience, Merrick has everything you would expect online. Not overly fancy (which is a good thing) or complex websites. Everything is simple and straightforward and for a busy professional that is exactly what I need. No frills, no fuss, only the info that I need.

Merrick Bank Company Profile