Merrick Bank

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have been making over the minimum payments on my Merrick Bank Credit Card out of Salt Lake City Utah. I was told due date was 30th of each month. I never really looked at date on Statement. I always make payment on automated telephone line and my minimum payments is usually 35.00 to $37.00 Dollars. I was late in February 2017 I made payment on the 27th 2017. On March Statement 2017 reads past due amount $37.00 Dollars, Minimum pmt. 114.00 payment Due 3/18/17. I looked at the due date is supposed to be on 20th so did they change it on me and not tell me. I thought I was making early payments. And at that nothing on statement does not say anything about a late fee.

I customer service and I am asking agent why minimum payment is higher for March. I am then put on a long hold in which I do not appreciate, agents comes back and confuses more so I ask for Supervisor. Then I am put on a long hold again, supervisor comes on and tells me I have been paying late since December 2016 and they charge for one day late. I compare them to Wells Fargo give 5-6 day leeway and then they are lenient with late fee and not charge me. The supervisor says, "What does that had to do with it?" I say, "Wells Fargo been in business over 100 years and they have better policy than Merrick Bank." So they change my due date to charge me late fees so I give a unfavorable revenue on that issue.

I was having a financial hardship, and Merrick agreed to put me on their Hardship Program. After making my agreed upon payments on time for 2 months, I did not receive my bill. I called Customer Service and stated I had not received my bill, and they informed my account had been Charged Off!! I was furious and I want to let people know not to trust them when they agree to a payment plan with you. They told me that after making my agreed upon payments, for 3 months, that my credit report would show my account as current, although the account was closed for further purchases. Lying to the customers is very unfair!!! I kept my end of the bargain but they failed to keep theirs!!!

Back on October the 3rd Merrick Bank put a $2.77 paperless fee on my account. I had no knowledge of this fee. They reported late to the credit bureau and it drop my 40 points. I contact them and they refuse to remove it. So now I can't get a mortgage. Bad company and customer service.

Each time I encounter Merrick I have had good service. Whether it's the ease of the website or speaking to someone directly, I feel like I am receiving the best service possible. I would recommend Merrick to friends.

They have done every that they said they would. They have given credit increases without even having to ask. As long as you hold up your end. They are a no hassle bank. If you're a responsible person then building your credit is a snap with Merrick Bank.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merrick Bank?

I called in because my card had been compromised. The issue has been resolved, however, I asked the rep when I called if there was a mechanism in place where it detect a purchase on the same day but different state it should of flagged it. I had to call.

I've spent the past 3+ years cleaning up my credit, no lawyers, no debt consolidation firms... just me. I received a pre-approval letter from Merrick Bank. I usually throw them away, but the opportunity to double my credit limit in only 6 months (with no late payments and paying at least your minimum balance). So I took a chance. I'm not so far along where I have been receiving low interest rates yet, but more people are trusting me with unsecured cards so I'm happy! I've had to call Merrick Bank quite a few times, including a charge dispute. I've always received very good customer service! One associate took the time to walk me through specifics as far as what information I'd need to support my dispute claim. This card is one I plan to keep. Especially since I could be eligible for another increase in a year!

Great experience. Merrick Bank has been an important part to rebuild my credit after divorce. The website is easy to use and I appreciate the GoScore so that I can keep track of my progress. My credit limit has been increased fairly and I have had no problems or issues working with this bank.

I am very pleased to report that my experience with Merrick Bank has been excellent! In my opinion, Merrick Bank takes a real interest in me, and when I need to speak with them they are courteous, knowledgeable, and more than helpful.

Great service. I would definitely recommend Merrick Bank. One future that stood out to me the most is how convenient your account information is through the app. Other creditors have long maintenance days which really limits you.

After going through bankruptcy I swear off credit cards for a couple years. I didn't want to do it Capital One because I had a bad experience a few years ago with their customer service. Before applying for my Merrick Account I checked out their website and how easy it would be to pay online. It is very very straightforward and they offered me free credit checking software. I am very happy with this bank.

Your employees are always polite as well as helpful. I enjoy talking to them and I am always able to ask a question and know that I will get an answer. I enjoy your availability. It is generous and I know that when I need you, I will find someone there.

Whenever I contact Merrick Bank for any reason... the problem is taken care of. I have only had problems with a couple of businesses charging me for something I did not want. I was told what to do and how Merrick would assist me.

The only improvement I'd like to see is that my transactions show up quicker on my mobile account app. Overall though I am very happy with my experience with Merrick Bank and have recommended you to friends. My wife and I both have accounts with you. My neighbor also financed his boat with you and is very satisfied as well.

I think Merrick Bank credit cards are great. I have had for over 5 years now. I just would like larger credit lines increases and more often. I have never had a late payment since I have had the card. Over 10 days.

Good. I went from credit line of $600 to $1200. I pay it faithfully. Can't wait to get a larger credit line so as I can replace my dentures and have pride in my smile again since I have no teeth. God's will.

I love how easy it is to navigate your website, to access my credit score, and I especially love the fact that you are helping facilitate my rebuilding of my credit. It was painful to lose my near-800 FICO score when the economy tanked, and my goal is to get back to that soon - with your help!

I am very grateful and happy for the confidence that I have had since. In 6 months they doubled my credit just as I had been promised when I made the application, and of course if I recommend to my friends. Everything is very well. Thank you.

I applied to Merrick for a credit card at a time that I was trying to rebuild my credit and improve my financial situation. It was most impressive that Merrick gradually added to my credit limit without my specifically requesting an increase and without requiring application or credit checks which could affect my credit score. The Merrick card I maintain in my wallet is a reminder to me that keeping a good relationship with a quality lender is worth its weight in gold.

Since being associated with Merrick Bank I have never experienced a bad moment with them. They are forthcoming with information and always willing to help.

Merrick Bank is outstanding card to have. I am grateful for Merrick Bank when I call customer service and representative are helpful and listen to any problems I may have. Keep up the good work with this card and customer service department.

I have experienced an excellent service and we have established a very good relationship throughout these years. Additionally, the customer service is knowledgeable and provide accurate details to resolve customer request. Thank you.

I would highly recommend anyone to obtain a credit card with Merrick Bank. Not only did they issue a card when I was trying to improve my credit score, they increased the limit often. I have never had to call customer service because I have never had a single problem. It is my absolute favorite card.

I posted a payment to my non-secured Merrick Bank Visa card on 2/21. The amount was debited from my bank account the following day. As of 2/24, the payment amount is still not shown as available credit. I called customer service and the agent claimed the funds would not be available until the 27th. He explained that the amount was put on hold because it was higher than my normal payment amount and that they needed to make sure the funds were available. I replied that if the funds were not available, they would not have been debited two days ago.

I asked him to remove the hold since the payment was already debited from my bank account and he responded that he could not do that. The only way I could have them removed the hold was with proof from my bank that the funds were debited. He stated that payments can be put hold hold for 5 to 11 days. It seems like a very fraudulent business practice, especially if it isn't written in their cardholder agreement nor website. Very suspicious!

Merrick Bank's credit card that I have is of great service to me. I use it regularly to cover expenses on my daily commute to work. I have personally never had any issues with the purchases I've made. I also like the quick and easy app. It lets me make payments easily and they post payments fast. Also gives fair credit increases!

Not happy with Merrick Bank. I had a car repair shop swindling us for $3000. I disputed with you and provided extensive documentation. Your Manager was rude to my husband and you did not send my case to arbitration, as contract I signed with you requires. My Capital One and Fidelity Investments Visa refunded me the money he charged to those accounts. This is the reason why I try to no longer use this credit card to avoid being ripped again. Not a trustworthy Bank.

Good card. I have been treated fairly and have achieved a CLI. Paying your bill online is easy and free and I haven't had a single issue with this card. I have never had a reason to call the customer service line, so I cannot rate the customer service experience.

I am pleased with my relationship with Merrick and I am happy with the courteous and helpful staff that I have dealt with. I would recommend Merrick to anyone! Those I have dealt with are courteous, well informed and they bend over backwards to help when I have needed it.

100% of all interactions with Merrick Bank's Customer Service Representatives have truly been World Class Service. Great attitudes along with Resolutions to any of my inquiries and needs!! Thank you Merrick Bank for the opportunity to be a valued Cardholder Member!!!

Whenever I call and have a questions, I get a live person on the phone rather quickly. The person is always very professional, courteous and well-informed. I enjoy working with Merrick Bank despite the high interest rates.

Merrick Bank Company Profile