Merrick Bank

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Merrick Bank has been a asset to helping me restore my credit. I truly appreciate the professional and courteous treatment rec'd from representatives whenever I have to call. Thank you Merrick Bank for believing in me and giving me a chance to prove that I am credit worthy...

I opened an acct. (secured) with these yahoos 3 yrs ago, used the card every month, made PERFECT payments for 3 yrs straight. Never once did they ever offer me a thing, no appreciation at all. I closed the acct. owing them $3.00, so they wanted to charge me an additional $15.00 to close my acct. and then another $3.00 out of my secured $200.00 I opened it with. I closed it and would never again deal with such thieves. Save yourself the headache. Look at other or different cards that at least are glad to have your business.

Your representative was professional and pleasant but we failed to state the fact that the "chip" on my card not only failed today but frequently fails and in Ohio many of the credit machines will not let a chip card be swiped so we would like a replacement card. Thank you.

I appreciated the clear directions, and patience that the support person gave me, and additional time he took in making sure that I understood the process that was needed to make telephone payments. It's not always easy for me to jump into the new automated way of doing things - and I didn't feel at all judged for my slow way of understanding the changes Merrick Bank instituted.

MERRICK BANK has provided me the opportunity to rebuild my credit history as I have had a series of catastrophic setbacks over the past few years, placing my credit history in a much worse position than it was. MERRICK's incredibly friendly, professional and accessible customer service is truly noteworthy. I highly recommend MERRICK to anyone, poor credit or not, to give this outstanding company an opportunity to help them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merrick Bank?

When no one else would extend credit to me, you did. Now that I have rebuilt my credit and have many cards with your help, I stay loyal to Merrick although the credit limit is half of what the others are. Thank you!

Merrick has been an awesome partner in helping me to rebuild my credit. The interest rate is high yet comparable to similar products but there are no annual fees and I don't get hit with miscellaneous fees. Merrick's customer is great and best of all they offer to increase my credit limit automatically, if I agree, based on my handling of my account. Merrick is a great company to help you rebuild your credit!

Fairly timed credit limit raises. I have been with you for over a year and a half. I am never late and always pay large amounts. I believe I should be at a higher credit limit already. But thank you for what you've given me.

I've had this card for a short while but has had good customer service and no issues with anything. I will tell anyone with not perfect credit that this company doesn't kill you with high interest rate.

But we are making a great offer to people. That really true. When I received my letter we said if I never late we will double my credit limit. And I received it, thank you. We are a great company.

I like the auto limit increase best. Not very pleased with the rate or I would have given you a five star rating. Would be very pleased with a periodic rate decrease as credit factors improve. I think your customers would be very impressed with that.

Overall am pleased with Merrick bank. The only issue I had was while shopping on Black Friday and being able to charge only 15 times in 24 hours on Black Friday. I understand setting limits, but seems like there would be special circumstances on certain dates.

I had a problem with a vendor where I bought something and it was not how it was described and the company refuse to take it back because they have a no return policy. I contacted Merrick Customer service and the rep was nasty. I am not sure if she could have helped me but she was rude and nasty. It was not worth fighting. I have been working with CapitalOne for years and never had a rude rep.

Wish you would send an email when payment has been processed. I've made payments and they went somewhere and tried using card and it was declined because payment wasn't processed yet. Be nice to know when it went through so we would know when it's alright to use card.

Absolutely fantastic service! Anytime I call in with any type of question, everyone I speak with is friendly, helpful and so very pleasant... THANK YOU!!! I'm so glad you asked me for my feedback because I think it's important for folks to know when they are doing a GREAT JOB!!! Thank you again, everything with your company has been a wonderful experience and I greatly appreciate your attention to your customers and the service you provide - just outstanding!

Merrick Bank has been an excellent card for rebuilding my credit. I was forced to file a bankruptcy due to overwhelming medical bills that were a result of an unexpected life threatening illness. I've been able to reestablish my credit and slowly improve my credit score with the help of Merrick. Highly Recommend this card! Thank You Merrick!

I have had nothing but good customer service with Merrick Bank from the beginning. I applied for this card to help rebuild my credit from years of bad financial choices and they took a chance on me and have increased my credit limit each year to more than 500% of the original limit.

From the opening of my account through the present I have always had a pleasurable experience with everyone concerning my account with Merrick Bank. Every aspect with my account has always been above board with no hidden surprises and I am thankful that my business is appreciated by them.

Very difficult to get resolution on my balance outstanding for disputed items on my stolen card since Thanksgiving. I call their customer help line and they don't respond. I am very unhappy as a consumer that it takes too long especially for me to be responsible for over $1000 worth of charges that I have to make payments on even though it's not my charges.

Your customer service is the BEST! Each time I've called, the agent has been knowledgeable & upbeat! I was referred w/ no prob. New contact knew what I was calling about so I didn't have to repeat! Very customer oriented! Quite refreshing!

I have been a client with Merrick bank for going on 3 years. I am satisfied with their service. I am happy for the start this company gave me and all the tools they afford you to stay on track with your credit. I only wish they gave credit increases every 6 months instead of each year.

I love this company. I've had no issues with them and I like how I'm able to make my payments over the phone. Due to my financial struggles in the past, I was worried I would end up with a high interest rate credit card. Not the case with Merrick Bank.

Due to a death in my family trying to stay up with the bills caused my credit to take a real hit. Merrick has helped me rebuild my credit. My score has continued to move up, and I'm grateful Merrick was willing to assist me in being a part of my success.

I am satisfied with Merrick. I had to have some cash in an emergency situation and was able to get it on the card. I did not realize there was a $10 fee each time I used the card to get cash.

All of my interaction has been thru the bank's website. This website is very old fashioned and not easy to use. After the site failed to credit a payment I have made all payments to Merrick thru another bank (one with a working website). I also have not increased my use of Merrick as I had originally anticipated. The site has also periodically refused me entry due to "insecure browser". My browsers are the latest and totally updated versions of Chrome and MS Edge and are in no way insecure. When this first happened, probably about a year ago, I called Merrick's customer service and received no satisfaction. This message reappeared last month, once again preventing me from viewing my account. As I use my Merrick card sparingly, I was able to make the proper payment "blind" and no harm was done. In short, the website is badly outdated and not fit for purpose.

I was notified back in early November that my card had be used in fraudulent activity. Which was a great preemptive move. You cancelled my original card and reissued a new card. However, we discover a fraudulent charge of $159 from Zoro Tolls was on my account. I have tried almost a dozen times to get this resolved and removed from my account. Each time it's some other issue. It was to be concluded within 30 days. That time came and went. Then it was two business cycles which has now come and gone. I still haven't gotten this resolved. Poor customer service and follow up. Please advise when this can be "Finally" removed from my account. Be well.

I think this is a good card to rebuild credit. They also give you a raise in credit once they see you are paying on time for 6 months. Would like the app on smart devices to be easier to navigate. Overall good experience!

Something seems off about this company. I pay more than the minimum payment... Yet the company will deny purchases. Rude employees and always an issue with the online bill payment. Most of the positive reviews are done by the employers and employees. One of the worst cards yet. Beware...

I had 2 disputed charges on my account. I had been charged for a free trial after I closed my account. I contacted the Claims Dept. at Merrick Bank after talking to the company that charged me. Merrick contacted the company and never got a response so they refunded my credit card. I was extremely happy with the service!

I like that credit card. Very professional whenever you have anything that help you with no time. And anytime when am talking to them in the phone it's like talking to a family. Thank you for your good service. What I like the most not only the service but everything.

Merrick Bank Company Profile