Merrick Bank

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

If I could give it 0 stars I would. With all the banking laws, I don't know how Merrick skims through with their illegitimate practices. On 3 separate occasions I had to call to ask them to post my payments that I made. Not only did they not post my payments that were made 1-2 weeks in advance, but they charged me a late fee. After this happened twice I decided to pay off the card and stop doing business with this company. I did a balance transfer in the total amount, so that I could close my account and what happened?

You guessed it. They never posted it. Proceeded to charge me a late fee. Meanwhile I have the transaction posted on the credit card I transferred to, a week prior to my payment being due. I can't see that a bank is that irresponsible to "lose" payments or information, so to me this is a scam. If you pay your bill on time you should not have to harass a company to post your payment or argue about late charges. Seems they do this to see if they can get away with it. Worst credit card company EVER!

I haven't had any "real" issues with Merrick at all. Dealing with Merrick has been pretty smooth. I think perhaps their app may need a bit of revision in regards to the overall UI but it works and functional.

I am reestablishing my credit, and have gotten my credit score up to the mid 600s. I've never had a late payment and I usually pay more than the minimum payment. I called to negotiate a better interest rate, and I was told that they don't do that. As soon as this account is paid in full, I will be closing this, and finding a card with a better interest rate.

I have not had any dealings as yet with Customer Service, but so far the card has delivered on its advertised promises. My credit limit was increased automatically, and the minimum monthly payment is more than reasonable. My only issue is the annual fee.

Merrick is a good starter card. Interest rate is kinda high, which is why I rated lower. Which being a starter card you can understand, however after some on time payments they should lower it. As you've proved yourself, as well as increasing the credit lines.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merrick Bank?

I have been a card holder with Merrick Bank for over a year and a half and they have always given me excellent customer service. They always respond professionally, knowledgeable and honestly to my concerns. It has been my pleasure doing business with Merrick Bank and I look forward to a long business relationship with them.

My experience with Merrick has been wonderful, I wasn't sure the ad and offer of their invitation to apply would turn out true. The INVITATION to apply said if approved and you made the first 6 payment on time they would double your credit line. For me that was going from 600.00 to 1200.00 dollars. After making 6 payments on time I got a email saying my credit line was increase to 1200.00. They stick to their word. That a great thing today.

What's disturbing is when I call to dispute a charge, I provide all the necessary details as to why I'm disputing a particular charge, then receive a letter in the mail requesting the same information. Discover and State Farm Visa doesn't require this process. If Merrick could not have customers send in correspondence as to the same information I provided to the previous customer service agent, that would be great.

I am appreciative to Merrick Bank for the service they provide. They were the one credit card company that was willing to give me a chance at credit recovery. Their service has been professional and courteous in all areas that I needed them.

Overall my experience with Merrick Bank is good. Areas that they could improve upon are creating a better mobile app, offering some type of rewards program or cash back incentive, and removing the annual fee. Interest rates seem ok for the type of card that it is, but could be reduced over time.

I don't have a lot to say about this, and in this sort of situation I think that is a good thing. If I was upset or disappointed with the services I was receiving, I would be writing at length, in detail. I appreciate my card and my experience with Merrick Bank thus far. Thank You!

I have been happy with the service I have received from Merrick Bank. My only complaint is when I try to log online, the website often tells me that I have too many tries to log in and then I call and get back into the system. Thanks.

My credit report reflects updated information from my card activity at least every 2-3 months, which has really helped me build my credit report. The app is easy to use for seeing activity and making payments. My payments apply to my account within a day or two, and I get email updates that remind me when my statement is ready so I'm never late making my payments. I love this card!

I like Merrick Bank online account services for the ability to search transactions which give me a specific view of my charging activity. I also like, very much, the simple straightforward payment process as well as being able to look at payment history to confirm payments and for budgeting purposes. One very nice feature is the "Statement Summary." This is a GREAT overview of my account profile, activities, interest charges, etc. Thank you Merrick Bank for being a customer oriented financial service!

I've been completely satisfied with all my dealings with Merrick bank credit card services! I'd definitely recommend all these services to anyone that asked me. I've called customer service and have always been satisfied. My problems were handled efficiently.

I have been making over the minimum payments on my Merrick Bank Credit Card out of Salt Lake City Utah. I was told due date was 30th of each month. I never really looked at date on Statement. I always make payment on automated telephone line and my minimum payments is usually 35.00 to $37.00 Dollars. I was late in February 2017 I made payment on the 27th 2017. On March Statement 2017 reads past due amount $37.00 Dollars, Minimum pmt. 114.00 payment Due 3/18/17. I looked at the due date is supposed to be on 20th so did they change it on me and not tell me. I thought I was making early payments. And at that nothing on statement does not say anything about a late fee.

I customer service and I am asking agent why minimum payment is higher for March. I am then put on a long hold in which I do not appreciate, agents comes back and confuses more so I ask for Supervisor. Then I am put on a long hold again, supervisor comes on and tells me I have been paying late since December 2016 and they charge for one day late. I compare them to Wells Fargo give 5-6 day leeway and then they are lenient with late fee and not charge me. The supervisor says, "What does that had to do with it?" I say, "Wells Fargo been in business over 100 years and they have better policy than Merrick Bank." So they change my due date to charge me late fees so I give a unfavorable revenue on that issue.

I was having a financial hardship, and Merrick agreed to put me on their Hardship Program. After making my agreed upon payments on time for 2 months, I did not receive my bill. I called Customer Service and stated I had not received my bill, and they informed my account had been Charged Off!! I was furious and I want to let people know not to trust them when they agree to a payment plan with you. They told me that after making my agreed upon payments, for 3 months, that my credit report would show my account as current, although the account was closed for further purchases. Lying to the customers is very unfair!!! I kept my end of the bargain but they failed to keep theirs!!!

Back on October the 3rd Merrick Bank put a $2.77 paperless fee on my account. I had no knowledge of this fee. They reported late to the credit bureau and it drop my 40 points. I contact them and they refuse to remove it. So now I can't get a mortgage. Bad company and customer service.

Each time I encounter Merrick I have had good service. Whether it's the ease of the website or speaking to someone directly, I feel like I am receiving the best service possible. I would recommend Merrick to friends.

They have done every that they said they would. They have given credit increases without even having to ask. As long as you hold up your end. They are a no hassle bank. If you're a responsible person then building your credit is a snap with Merrick Bank.

I called in because my card had been compromised. The issue has been resolved, however, I asked the rep when I called if there was a mechanism in place where it detect a purchase on the same day but different state it should of flagged it. I had to call.

I've spent the past 3+ years cleaning up my credit, no lawyers, no debt consolidation firms... just me. I received a pre-approval letter from Merrick Bank. I usually throw them away, but the opportunity to double my credit limit in only 6 months (with no late payments and paying at least your minimum balance). So I took a chance. I'm not so far along where I have been receiving low interest rates yet, but more people are trusting me with unsecured cards so I'm happy! I've had to call Merrick Bank quite a few times, including a charge dispute. I've always received very good customer service! One associate took the time to walk me through specifics as far as what information I'd need to support my dispute claim. This card is one I plan to keep. Especially since I could be eligible for another increase in a year!

Great experience. Merrick Bank has been an important part to rebuild my credit after divorce. The website is easy to use and I appreciate the GoScore so that I can keep track of my progress. My credit limit has been increased fairly and I have had no problems or issues working with this bank.

I am very pleased to report that my experience with Merrick Bank has been excellent! In my opinion, Merrick Bank takes a real interest in me, and when I need to speak with them they are courteous, knowledgeable, and more than helpful.

Great service. I would definitely recommend Merrick Bank. One future that stood out to me the most is how convenient your account information is through the app. Other creditors have long maintenance days which really limits you.

After going through bankruptcy I swear off credit cards for a couple years. I didn't want to do it Capital One because I had a bad experience a few years ago with their customer service. Before applying for my Merrick Account I checked out their website and how easy it would be to pay online. It is very very straightforward and they offered me free credit checking software. I am very happy with this bank.

Your employees are always polite as well as helpful. I enjoy talking to them and I am always able to ask a question and know that I will get an answer. I enjoy your availability. It is generous and I know that when I need you, I will find someone there.

Whenever I contact Merrick Bank for any reason... the problem is taken care of. I have only had problems with a couple of businesses charging me for something I did not want. I was told what to do and how Merrick would assist me.

The only improvement I'd like to see is that my transactions show up quicker on my mobile account app. Overall though I am very happy with my experience with Merrick Bank and have recommended you to friends. My wife and I both have accounts with you. My neighbor also financed his boat with you and is very satisfied as well.

I think Merrick Bank credit cards are great. I have had for over 5 years now. I just would like larger credit lines increases and more often. I have never had a late payment since I have had the card. Over 10 days.

Merrick Bank Company Profile