Merrick Bank

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Merrick Bank has been a asset to helping me restore my credit. I truly appreciate the professional and courteous treatment rec'd from representatives whenever I have to call. Thank you Merrick Bank for believing in me and giving me a chance to prove that I am credit worthy...

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Merrick Bank since I became a credit card holder. The one time, I had to contact customer service, my issue was handled promptly and efficiently and all of my questions were answered. Any information I have needed I have been able to find on the Merrick Bank website. I also received my first credit limit increase right around the holidays, which couldn't have come at a better time.

Security block placed on my account without telling me. I then go to use the card and it was declined. EMBARRASSING! They couldn't have given me a courtesy call to let me know first? Just block the card and let me find out at the register. CRAPPY customer service! Canceled immediately after being a member for 5 years.

Hi, Merrick Bank has been great with my personal needs and flexibility. I really appreciate how they have given trust in my finances over the years and I will continue to do business with them. Thanks.

They have done everything that they said they would do when I applied for the account. Increased my credit limit in the time frame promised, has a secure and easy to use website, and I love, love, love their go score feature that gives you an updated FICO score once a month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merrick Bank?

I believe Merrick Bank to be a fair and honest company. I have had no "surprises" with this card. Merrick Bank is also a great tool to have when you are trying to rebuild your credit score. I definitely recommend this company. Thank you Merrick Bank. Customer for life.

Merrick bank has been an amazing card for. With a lower credit score, Merrick bank started me with a $700 limit and after I made 6 payments without being late, they automatically raised it to $1400. Thank you Merrick Bank!

I have no problem with the assistance I received. My problem was with your internet site. You only allow two choices for monthly payment - minimum or account balance. You should be able to pay something between the two without going thru the changes you have to - first cancelling the min then entering the amount you want to pay. Your internet site is not that clear for us old-timers who are not computer savvy.

Called to get update on some fraud activity after 2.5 weeks, the gal I spoke with was very careless, not helpful, and I was honestly going to cancel the card just because of how horrible the customer service is. Very scripted, there are a lot of card companies out there... I'd apply elsewhere.

Merrick Bank is Top 1 of 100. The service is awesome and I would recommend them to all my family and friends. I've never been more satisfied with a banking institution and the way customers are treated. The online service is user-friendly and they always have someone to assist you.

I have been mostly satisfied with my dealings with Merrick Bank. I love the online banking. I was happy with the credit increase. The reason I will be cancelling my card is that when I called to have my annual fee waived I was told that it could not be done. That is very disappointing. I understand when I applied for the card my credit was questionable. But since I have had it I believe I have proven that I am not such a high risk.

My experience with Merrick Bank has been very good and straightforward. Limit on the credit card is fair (interest rate could be lower) and billings and payments have been timely and credited quickly. Thank you.

I'm still waiting for the charge dispute to be settled (3 separate charges from the same company). I was told I would receive a call from Merrick but I'm still waiting. Hopefully things will be fixed soon.

I only have a Credit Card with this Financial Institution and I am very happy with it and with the service I am getting. I have no doubt to recommend it to few people around me. Hopefully in the near future I can get involved with more benefits and service with this bank.

Very poor dispute policy and online statements -- After finding two fraudulent charges on my account I called to dispute them. They canceled my card and sent me a new one but will only tell me that disputes take 30 to 60 days to appear on my account. There are no updates and my online statement shows nothing in dispute after two weeks. I have never had a bank not take immediate action and at least show items that are in dispute. In addition, the online statement shows no new charges yet my balance keeps going up without explanation. Call to Customer Service are of no help. Very bad business!

I ran into some credit issues after the economy crash of 2008. It really affected me and my family. Merrick Bank was there to give me another chance at rebuilding my credit, and for that I am very appreciative. My credit score is back on the rise, and I am very hopeful at starting my own business soon. I would certainly recommend Merrick Bank to others.

The only suggestion I have is to add pending transactions to the online Banking. I bill out of pocket expenses and sometimes I would like to verify the amounts before they officially post so that I can bill these expenses.

The most important values I look for in a credit card company is courtesy, empathy, understanding and a professional attribute that isn't stern and unshakable. Merrick has these values, and I would give up all my cards and just keep Merrick.

I was forced into bankruptcy over a year ago and Merrick Bank gave me the opportunity to rebuild my credit. I am on social security and this card has allowed me to get emergency purchases. After making payments for 8 months, I was given an increase to my credit as was promised. I would recommend Merrick Bank to anyone who needs to rebuild credit.

I would have complete peace of mind recommending Merrick Bank to any friend of mine. The credit offer extended to me (I am trying to repair a credit rating that suffered a major setback in the past ten years) was a credit limit of $1,400 that would double to $2,800 if I made all my payments on time for ten billing cycles. They were true to their word and my "on-time" payment history has been useful in helping my credit scores go over 700 for the first time in my life.

Additionally, by using the easily downloadable Merrick Bank app on my I-phone, I can make my timely payments from my BofA account to Merrick Bank in about sixty seconds or less. My BofA wouldn't even give me a credit card of any kind except an embarrassing debit card that can only access my own money that I have in my account at the time. So, I didn't have any monies available to me for emergencies until the people at Merrick Bank extended their offer to me through an e-mail one day almost a year ago. Thanks Merrick.

I have several credit cards but Merrick bank has by far exceeded the rest. The things that stand out the most is: posting time. I have some cards that will only let me pay the bill on the due date and another that doesn't post to my account for 5 days. Merrick is far better than the others and I would refer them to others. We are in the process of eliminating other cards we have but we are keeping this one.

I was a wife with no control of finances or in reality life. Merrick gave me an offer to begin building my credit and I took it. I'm so happy to say that my credit score has improved greatly and I finally feel like I can successfully manage my life and credit. Thank you for giving me that ability...

I have never had any bad experiences with Merrick. Love the Merrick Bank app... Makes it easy to review my account, pay my bill, edit payments, and speak with someone if I have any questions regarding my account. My credit line was doubled after 7 months since I made on time payments.

Called in regards to a hack of another credit card to "Freeze" this account for a 2-week span to allow "Clearing of any possible charges" that might be pending, not legitimate of my purchases. The customer care Representative was very polite and thorough in confirming and locking the card. As well as the representative that re-established the card's activity.

Overall, my experience has been "fine." Not great, not outstanding, not exceptional. You provide a card, I use it occasionally. The billing seems accurate. That's about it. Your website is really fairly rudimentary and seems to be a decade behind your competitors. For example, I can't see pending transactions on my account, only charges that have been actually posted. I don't use your card when I travel out of the country because you have a foreign transaction fee, and I have another card that doesn't, so they win. I have other cards that give me between 1% and 2% cash back on purchases. You don't. Once again, they win.

I have your card because it helps my credit rating a bit to have it. But I use it very little, because I have other cards that give me much more of an incentive to use them. So that's why I give you a "3" rating and say you're "fine" -- you're not doing anything wrong, but you aren't doing much to earn my business. I hope my feedback is helpful to you.

I am very pleased with my experience with Merrick Bank. No complaints at all. I do wish however they would reward excellent use/payment history with an offer to reduce the interest rate. Thank you!

I love the fact that I can see my credit score once a month without having to go to a separate site. Also without asking my credit limit was raised because of repeated on time payments.

I am grateful that Merrick Bank has seen my record in using my credit card and extended me additional credit along the way. The website is very easy to use and when calling to speak to someone they are always courteous and helpful.

You people gave me a chance to prove I am credit worthy, I am always on time and ahead of time and ALWAYS pay more than minimum payment. You trust me with your money and I will never forget your bank. Thank You All Again, a customer for life.

Merrick Bank is by far the easiest to work with. They are completely customer centered. I never thought I would give positive feedback for any bank. But I am very pleased. They give rewards without asking for them, and they keep a close eye on transactions to make sure your account is secure. Top notch guys! Bravo!

Merrick Bank Company Profile