Barclays Bank/Juniper Financial

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am a European Country citizen and I have recently moved to UK from a Western Country belonging to European Union, since I got a permanent and well paid job in a well known British Company. I tried to open a bank account at Barclays in UK. I drop at the Branch in town, they tell me to fix an appointment and to bring my NIN and my passport. Once at the appointment, they tell me they cannot accept my NIN because it has my previous address on it and to get an updated one. I get it, fix an appointment again.

Once there, they tell me that they cannot accept this document because THE RULES HAVE CHANGED. They ask me to produce an account statement from a foreign Bank account, with my present address on it. I update this information on my foreign account through the online banking, I print it and I deliver it to Barclays. They tell me they cannot accept it because it is produced via internet and THEY WANT to see the stamps to prove it is original. Therefore, since the Company I work for is present on their database of acceptable and trusted Companies, they ask me to produce a reference letter written by any Company's Official, stating that I am on a permanent contract and my present address. I get a reference letter written by the Human Resources Manager, complying with all the requirements listed on the note they gave me, and I bring it to Barclays.

They tell me they cannot accept it because the paper is too thin and that the words "permanent contract" and my address shall be PLACED ON A DIFFERENT POINT of the sheet. Astounded, I go to another Branch to see whether they are all crazy or what. The other Branch tells me that the position of the words is fine, but I cannot open a bank account because the name of the Company suggests I work too far away and this is not consistent with my current address.

They want me to ask the Company to write another letter stating that I WORK close to the place where I live. Furthermore, they told me to try to open a bank account with any other BANK. I didn't ask for a loan or a mortgage, just to open a normal bank account. I am glad I got to know that they are completely crazy in advance enough, before having me as a Customer and putting my salary in their hands. Has the Brexit anything to do with Barclays' attitude towards new European Customers?

Barclays have upped late charges to $260 monthly minimum just because I am disputing one late fee charge which was not my fault. I had set up auto payment through their web and it did not work. If someone knows of an attorney please let me know. This is stressing me out and want to sue Barclays.

On this date of 2/07/2017, after never receiving an account statement from this company for the month of Feb. I called them inquiring about my bill. They said I was late and will charge me late charges for their neglect. I informed her that was not fair on my account because I did not receive my bill. So she argues with me and lies about sending the bill still charges me late fees. Again I proceeded to tell her that is not fair to charge with late charges. So she says they don't normally do this but she will waive the late fees for this month. But now I said "I expect current bills for each month" and she says "well now I will charge you late fees for March" because she waived them for February. I claim that is not fair and stated 'I thought you waived the fees for February' and she says oh!!! But she still wants to charge me late fees and so she wants to do that for March. March bill isn't even due yet.

All I can see is that this company likes charging late fees. They are a very dishonest company. They will figure out ways to charge your account by not sending your statement on time and then want to collect additional fees for two months. Everyone dealing with this company needs to keep a close eye on your fees and payments made. Keep all statements and get your confirmation numbers for all payments. Red Flag Company- dishonest money grubbers.:(

I thought it was a good credit card. I didn't research enough about it and here I am trying to find answers to get unlock from my account at least to close it up. Because of the inconvenience and time consuming that it is to try to get this card to do what it supposed to do. Well I was ask to mail personal information which I won't, and all I say if I owe them money good luck collecting it since I can't even log in to pay. I won't spend a minute with this one anymore, not worth it.

The credit card company erroneously deducted $1254.66 from my bank account leaving me with no money to pay bills or to buy food. I have disputed the error, but they are making me wait seven days to see if they will refund my money back into the bank account. The customer service employee was not helpful at all, and basically told me that there was nothing that they could do, once the payment was processed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barclays Bank/Juniper Financial?

I recently had a charge on this card that I did not make. Barclays first removed the charge, then sent me letter stating had reapplied the charge with interest. After a lengthy phone conversation with a manager, they would not remove the charge. I agree with some of the other reviews I read about Barclay. I used this card for almost everything I purchased but I canceled it. There are too many credit card companies who will put customers first, to keep using one who doesn't. I could NOT recommend this card. If you have it BEWARE.

I have problem with this credit card customer service every time I called. The first call I told them to set up to pay off monthly automatically. The lady never told me it would take more than 30 days to set up. I called after 30 days to ask them why I got declined even though I have auto payment. The manager had to explain to me that it took more than 30 to set up auto payment. I found out they charged me for late payment and interest fees. I was so mad and tell them to take out all charges. I told that manager that the company should train employees more for better result. Second call I talked to a gentleman, spending maybe more than 10 minutes and still go nowhere, I had to ask for manager again and took about 2 minutes to clear.

The 3rd call was yesterday, I spent around 10 minutes with a lady and still going nowhere. She said my auto payment or repeat payment was cancelled by me. I went panic because I never told anyone to cancel auto payment. Again, I had to ask for manager, in 2 minutes we are clear, there was no cancellation like the lady said. I set my auto payment 2 days ahead before the due date, which balance should be paid today (today is Jan 16, and the due date is Jan 18). I've just went online and check my account, again, there's no payment shown. I even went to my checking account that supposed to pay this credit card off, but there's record of paying off this credit card.

I am panic again, worry about they will report my credit as a late pay and cause my rating score. I don't know what to do but come to review forum. When I have no doubt at all after I saw most Barclays clients gave them 1 star (I am sure they would give 0 star if it's available). I will probably stop using this credit card or spend $10-$20 just to build up my credit. And use other credit cards that also gave me cash-back. I'm so frustrate and will probably call them again to make sure they take money from my checking account to pay off this month due. It seems like I have to call every month but yet still no result. All reviews with 1 star should prove how Barclays Bank treats their customers.

Nine (9) charges from the same vendor appeared on my card two months ago. I called right away, cancelled the card. BarclayCardUS fixed eight (8) of the transactions, issued me a new card, but left the ninth charge "inadvertently". Ok, this stuff happens. When I called, they mentioned they could not credit back the last charge because they canceled the old card before they realized they needed to credit it. Need to wait for the new card to be issued to retrieve its number so the balance can be transferred and then credited to the new card. Should take maximum 30 days and I should not worry about late fees and interest charges.

After 30 days, the charge balance grew with late charges and interest fees. I have it in writing still that I am not responsible for these charges. It has now been 70 days and after several emails apologizing for the delay, they still have not fixed it. In the latest message, they now want to have a manager contact me to resolve the issue, asking me to be available by phone between the hours of ** and ** pm. They truly do not have a clue and are just wasting so much time.

I asked for assistance this last year after being an absolute perfect credit card candidate with a 715 credit score. Barclays Card Co. leaves you out to dry as soon as you have any struggles. Their policy actually is to not help you until you get behind on payments and owe even more. They literally tell you they will not help you until you fall behind! I asked to have my credit interest rate re-evaluated due to the fact I had been paying on 19% for two years perfectly! They told me they could offer a 1% difference, to 18%!!! They are corrupt and a joke and I felt they only were interested and viewed me as dollar signs $$.

Yep, I'm one of the people who used the UNSOLICITED 0% transfer checks Barclays sent. Now they LOWERED my credit limit also. I have never had anyone pull this. WARNING: Don't use those lovely checks. They will lower your limit so it appears you have used most of your credit line thereby negatively impacting your credit score. You can contact the reporting agency they used and place a dispute in your credit file along with a copy of your statements showing what it was before they lowered it.

When I called Barclays to complain (actually I asked them if they lost their minds) they had the gall to send me a letter regretting 'they couldn't give me a credit line increase’. Immediately fired back letter pointing out I wasn't asking for an increase, expected them to correct mistake they made. Copy of this also going to reporting agency. There isn't much we can do except keep warning everyone. And tell Barclays we refuse to do any business with them. Also pointed out to them I wouldn't cancel my account as that also negatively impacts your credit report.

I have tried numerous times to get in touch with customer service in reference to a Barclays American Airlines Aadvantage Mastercard. Each time I get a recording that says "Since the system is down, limited automated functions can be accessed". Very disappointed in Barclays... and in American Airlines to be associated with a company that seems to care so little about the customer.

HAS ANYONE TRIED SUING THIS BANK FOR ALLOWING CREDIT CARDS TO OPENED IN THEIR NAMES? They allowed 3 different accounts To be opened in my name, one of which was opened, utilized, payments were made, and limits increased before I could get this card closed. Just because I wasn't financially screwed by them doesn't mean someone isn't responsible for the money. I'm paying now to protect myself. Who has advice? I'm so frustrated.

I paid off the total balance of my Barclay card June 20 2016. I put the card up so I could save it for Christmas shopping! Dollar Shave Club drafted $9 the next 3 months after I canceled the account with them. This generated a late pay that I was unaware of! I talked to Barclay and was told I needed to have the vendor correct the mistake before they could remove the blemish from my credit reports. Dollar Shave Club corrected the mistake and credited the charges. I received a letter from Barclay stating that they will not correct the mark on my credit!

After conversations with numerous Barclay representatives I find that the only correspondence about this problem is by paper snail mail! I have sent 2 letters with no response! The department has no email or phone contact. Why wouldn't they be willing to correct this obvious mistake rather than damage my credit? Why is a credit card company as large as them not have a way to resolve this problem without mailing letters? Ridiculous.

I submitted a balance transfer when I opened the card, I did not receive any confirmation emails nor status on my balance transfer. 5 days later I redid the request thinking the other one was cancelled on the 9th. 11 days later I was charged for 2 balance transfer fees and with double the amount that was on my original card. I called to cancel or remove one of the balance transfers and no one would help me. I escalated to a manager to see if the fee can be removed and not one person would help me. I've had 7+ cards before from Visa and Amex and they have never questioned to refund me for fees or mistakes. They escalated me to the highest supervisor and still would not refund a 60$ fee, and referred me to call the president of the company. They did not care at all when I wanted to close my card. This is the worst credit card company I've ever dealt with.

I applied for a card. My credit score is over 800, never got requests to verify when I applied by other banks. This one sends me letter to provide a utility bill, ok I send 2 and a bank statement. Then when I did not hear back and call back the said, my application was put in a different group of people. Now I need to mail them copy of my driver's license and SS. Hmm because I am ** or have a foreign sounding name? They could not explain it to me why so I just did not bother to mail them and it's a waste of time with them. I only was interested in this card because it offered with LH some perks... but until the will review everything and send you those I will be already traveling. :~(

I have had excellent luck with this one until I made this purchase and sent it back. They took the side of the merchant who committed perjury in a insurance. This lowlife has 940 complaints at the BBB in Delaware and the BBB gives them a super gold rating. Is this the Better Business Bureau of blow, blow, blow? I told them that and they don't like me, and that makes me feel good. Do not waste your time here. What did they sing in 16 Tons? "Another day in debt." 940 COMPLAINTS AND A KISS ON THE ASS. WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO? UPPER CASE TO EMPHASIZE... THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

Juniper called this morning and advised me they were recording. What you think this is, live and bs? I continued to demand a refund based on the merchant perjured themselves. The manager hung up. Good, they are learning. Refund the money and speak while they are trying to talk. The government is afraid of these parasites. Just where the hell they get off with the intimidation tactics? Yes this happened in America. Barclays, like Credit One, have abide by our laws and that includes speaking English and no bull tactics.

Bad bad bad. Credit limit $5000, balance under $100. Called customer service in Philippines. Rep told me declined because swiped twice?! Asked cashier who swiped it and said it was declined on first swipe, then keyed in and declined again. Bad bad bad. Barclaycard reset to accept I HOPE.

I just recently got hurt at work and don't have my extra income coming in. When I called this company to explain this to them they told me there was nothing they could do and my payment had to be made on my due date. They now expect me to pay over 100.00 even though I have no extra income coming in. I got them through Credit Karma. I warn you. Do not go with them. All they care about is money, not people. I will never go back to them and have closed my account.

I took out a loan with Barclays in 2011. Unfortunately I had to go on a payment plan due to change in my circumstances since 2012. This year in March I received a settlement offer from PRA Group where they claimed that my account would appear as settled. I paid the amount. Barclays delayed updating my records. I even received letters that I still owe the money and I need to pay. Later bank said I could pay the rest of the amount if I wanted to, otherwise my records will show "partially settled" for six years. I complained to the Ombudsman who admitted that Barclays is responsible for PRA's misinformation but said that since I paid about 30% of the total amount owed my credit records is updated accordingly.

In my opinion though the idea of a settlement offer is not about its percentage of the actual amount owed, be it 1%, 30%, or 99%; settlement sum is by definition the payment of a set amount of money to satisfy a pecuniary obligation that might otherwise continue indefinitely. Also in regards to the concerns I have raised, there are specific rules in relating to firms in relation to consumer credit activities that I feel are relevant to my complaint. As directed by the FCA these can be accessed in the Consumer Credit: Conduct of Business Sourcebook (CONC) using the links below: CONC 7.4 Information on status of debts, CONC 7.13 Data accuracy and outsourced activities, CONC 8.10 Conduct of business: providing credit information services.

I feel the firm made a false claim in a communication to a customer to be able to remove negative but accurate entries from a customer's credit. The lender or owner didn't ensure that the continuing existence of the debt and the possibility of the customer being pursued by another firm who purchases the debt was explained in clear terms to the customer. I was in these conditions, why would I not continue with my payment plan - (1) being in financial difficulties; (2) being particularly vulnerable; (3) a repayment plan or forbearance being in place.

After paying the amount I was still approached by Barclays to pay more money. As they said because of their system error. Again a firm should take reasonable steps to seek to ensure that, where it has engaged a third party to recover debts on its behalf, the customer is not subject to multiple approaches by different persons, resulting in repetitive or frequent contact with the customer by different parties. Barclays paid £100 for this and Ombudsman ruled they should pay another £50 to recompensate. Does that recompensate bad credit file for the next several years though?

I recently got approved for a new card and received the card yesterday. When I went to activate it I was told I had to mail in a copy of my driver's license, a utility bill and other identity documentation. Usually this is required before one gets approved not after. I spoke with 4 customer service agents to see if there was an alternate way (other than copying and mailing) to activate the card and was told NO. I have never had issues activating a card. Usually one simply calls a number and 10 seconds later it is activated. Barclays should not be sending out cards where they have not already vetted the applying applicant. This is poor business practice. The card I received has been shredded and I would recommend applicants look to banks other than Barclays.

I called in because somebody stole my credit card. Both of them and fraud department say is my fault. I called. I spoke with somebody at Office of the President and they agree with the fraud department. They told me that my authorized user activated my card and they didn't. That had nothing to do with my card being stolen. Every time I call them I have to argue with them. It shouldn't be like that.

I recently have made several attempts to resolve my account with LL Bean visa. I am experiencing hardship. I asked if I could apply for financial hardship. My income is low right now and I am doing my best to make payments. Barclays LL Bean Visa card has refused to lower my interest and keeps telling me there is nothing available. My account is past due. I am making 100.00 since I cannot afford minimum payment of 400.00 a month. On top of that even if I make a payment they are charging me late fees.

It really is unfair. I hope I find another company that is willing to work with me so I can pay my debt off once and for all. I am so sick of the loyal customer bs, they don't know loyalty. I offered to make arrangement but they are refusing to work with me. I have tried to work with other credit counselors but they cannot help me. It is unfair because I am a responsible person and care about paying my bills. I would not recommend LL Bean Visa card through Barclays Bank. They just have no ways to help customers. They want me to suffer in my status. They told me they would only allow me to go on a hardship plan once I am over 6 months past due. They don't care if I ever pay my debt off. It is just unethical.

After applying for the card, I had the company close my request. These people are total idiots. I was worried that if I took the card, I would have nothing but incompetent issues with the card. I keep a credit block on my account so I can understand that they would want to verify. I am happy with that but these idiots asked for my driver's license and SS card. After I sent them they said they wanted the backs of the cards too. Why didn't they ask for the backs in the first place. When I called to verify my address, a request they made two months after I applied for the card, they said that it wasn't proof that I got their letters at my address and I needed to send utility bills. What idiot gets hard copy utility bills. News flash: everything is done online.

The real stupidity is that Barclays did not request this information within days after I applied with a list of everything that they would want to see instead of sending letter after letter requesting something different. I didn't take the card because I was afraid I would end up with this total nonsense for the entire I have the card. Other companies, like Chase, is on the job 24/7. If anyone even tries to use one of my card they notify me within hours. They protect themselves and me! Thank you Chase! No thank you BARCLAYS!!!!! Barclays is totally incompetent and a waste of time!!!! Do not bother!!!!

I was in the process of applying for a credit card through LUXURYCARD.COM issued by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclayscard). On two occasions, once in the beginning of the process and once at the end of the credit card process, I asked, "Do you offer a credit decision at the end of this process?" At first I was told, "Yes if you are approved". This answer of yes allowed me to move forward with the application process. At the end of the application process I was again asked, "Do I have authorized to run your information?" I replied yes but once again I asked do I get a decision once it's run. Customer Service Representative replies, "Well it could take up to 5 days for a decision". I reply, "Well that is not what you said in the beginning of this process So CANCEL THIS PROCESS AND DO NOT RUN THIS APPLICATION". She replies ok. Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclayscard) RAN MY CREDIT ANYWAY WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION.

I have had my Hawaiian Airlines CC for about 8 years now. This card was once owned through BOA. BOA then I don't know sold it or whatever it is they do to BARCLAYS Bank. Since then I have nothing but problems. I am unable to access my account anymore online. I like the convenience of calling or getting online and getting automated information. Well about a month ago, the automated system started asking me for my DOB. That's fine, except when I entered it, the system said it was incorrect!! Excuse I know my DOB. Had to wait for someone to get on the phone so they can fix it.

Now today, it asked for a phone number for extra security. OK that's fine. When I entered the only phone number I have had in 13 years, it doesn't recognize it!! So again had to wait to speak to someone. The supervisor asked me a couple of questions and my account number to confirm who I am. He asked me my phone number and I asked him, “What do you have?” “I don't have anything, as I am unable to find your account. That's why we asked 2 out of 4 security questions.” OK!! Well I just answered 2 so why can’t you find my account!! I couldn't take the stress so I hung up!! I will paying this card off asap and closing the account!! NO MORE FROM THIS BANK!!

I have many credit cards and worked with many different banks through the years. My wife had signed up for the US Airways card a few years back and it became the Barclays AA Aviator card. I have to say this is the single WORST CARD EVER. We had a birthday party for my son who was turning 1. Paid for the balloons with this card. On the day of the event, the vendor came late, did not set up close to half the balloons as agreed in the contract and worst of all, in the balloon letter display of my son's name, she did not include the middle letter in a 5 letter name. My wife complained since the guests came into a party at 6 pm and clear could see the missing letter. Pictures were taken with the 1 year old with the missing letter. The vendor's response, "Can't you take pictures later?" One year old baby, Sure let's wake him for pictures after the party.

I put the dispute in for contract violation with Barclays. First, you can't submit a dispute online. You have to mail or fax. Fine, so I mail in a copy of the contract, copies of the emails from the vendor and pictures from the event showing violation of contract. 30 days have gone by. 30 DAYS. I got a form letter from Barclays saying "We are looking into the matter." I call to speak to a rep, she tells me they are reviewing the case. I continue to ask what is there to review. I enclosed a statement, pictures and the contract. I was told, pictures and a contract with my statement do NOT AMOUNT TO PROOF. Pictures are not proof. She also told us the vendor was not responding to their phone calls either. She didn't answer ours.

The vendor's google review show she has done this to many people since our party. Still no money back. I have filed disputes through the years. Citi, BOA, Chase, AMEX all have your back. Barclays DOES NOT. AVOID THIS CARD. AVOID THIS CARD. AVOID BARCLAYS. Poor customer service, poor protection of the customer.

I received an offer for 0% interest with a low fee. I paid off another credit card. I received other offers and did the same thing. Each offer had an expiration date associated with the offer I used to pay off the credit card. I kept track of my payments to know when the first offer expired to be sure I paid it off before the 18.24% rate started. I came to find out that Barclaycard does not apply the payments toward the oldest 0% offer first, so in effect I have an offer that doesn't expire until next year, but the balance is far lower than it should be. The offer that expires this month is now much higher.

I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and the President of Barclaycard only to be told that they are following government regulations and there is nothing I can do. Bottom line is this - They are not honoring the agreement I signed up for. This was never divulged to me and now I see they have added a disclaimer to the monthly bill stating they can apply the payments regardless of the offer I signed up for. I am going to continue to fight them as this must be illegal.

I opened a billing dispute for $1,300.00 with my Barclays Rewards MasterCard. They take great notes but there is NO ONE that will speak with you about status, etc. I asked 4 times to speak with manager. They called, left message with a number that reaches NO ONE. It's a voice mail HOLE. Then they send letter saying "We called you several times to discuss your concern". One call does not equate to "several time" and NOT leaving a call back number. Really!!? I'm now learning that MasterCard does not make their customers "whole". MasterCard will bury their loyal customers is their data abyss. For the record, when opening a billing dispute only cards like Visa and AmEx make their customer whole and happy campers. Guess I will close Barclays Rewards account when my billing dispute goes silent and falls by the way.

I have had this Carnival Barclays card for nearly a year. Against my better judgement, I gave in and applied on a cruise for the freebies they were offering. Believe me, the freebies have NOT been worth the hassle I get every time I have to call Barclays US. Originally, I rented a vacation condo online and all was okay. When I tried to make a purchase in a store, the card was denied. When I called the Barclays customer service they told me several things that weren't true. That I had called and told them I lost my card, they had sent a new card, and then no, they didn't send a new card, they just updated my credit report. It was all confusing.

Then they sent me a new card, and I started using it knowing that the points would count toward a future cruise. I have used the card a lot but am getting closer to the cutoff to redeem the points. Still a few hundred points short, I purchased an item I was already planning to get through their accelerated points program of purchasing thru Barclays to the seller website. I was to get 12 points per $1. Today the points came through and they didn't award that. My cutoff is in 5 days to redeem and today they told me it would take 3 to 7 days to review that. I am LIVID. If this doesn't get corrected, I will be cancelling this card. This is the WORST customer service ever. STAY AWAY FROM CARNIVAL BARCLAYS CREDIT CARDS.

Enjoyed a Priceline Visa card from Barclays for several years. Never late on payments. Because I get paid upon completion of a project which are occasionally long term, my credit utilization goes up and down. Imagine my surprise when Barclays, without notice, cut $4,100 from my credit limit suddenly leaving me with about $200 available. Reason given was credit utilization which, thanks to Barclays is now far worse creating a potential snowball of similar responses from my other cards. There really should be a regulation about this so that you at least have an opportunity to manage it. Impact on my credit score due to their move is terrible. I guess they are trying to make up for the fines that regulators have been assessing them for their illegal banking practices. I see that other reviewers have had similar complaints. Don't trust this bank's credit cards.

Barclays Bank/Juniper Financial Company Profile