Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
3.59/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

726 Barclays Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I had to report a fraudulent charge after being notified by another credit card immediately that this card has a charge I did not make. They do not have a great fraudulent check system. The other card has already completed the dispute and instantly refunded me the fraudulent charges. In addition I received sub par customer service both times I have called???

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I signed up for the Jetblue card while on a Jetblue flight. The flight attendant that was pitching the card to the passengers offered 50,000 bonus miles to everyone who signed up that day. I did so, but when the time came for the points to be added to my Jetblue account I received only 20,000. Less than 1/2 of the original offer. I contacted Barclays via their mail center on the account page and their response was that they were unable to confirm the 50k offer and I would be receiving the current offer which was 20k miles. I will be canceling this card.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I entered into a repayment agreement with Barclays on 6-28-19, made a payment per the agreement on 7-5-19 & on 7-28-19, they took $1069.14 out of my acct. Now they're telling me I did the payment. I know I didn't. I only set up an auto pay with them for the amount of the agreement. When I tell the supervisors that it's odd how I entered into this repayment agreement & then would make a payment, set up on auto pay to repeatedly take out $1069.14 each month. Plus, I couldn't make any changes to the auto pay in the amount of $1069.14. Then, the 2 supervisors I talked with sounded dumb founded when this fact is pointed out.

The Office of the President is stuck on not getting what actually happened. The money was removed from them by my bank & they're stating they refunded the money. They also sent a letter telling me I missed a payment on the repayment agreement when I didn't miss any payments. They have record of the payments & the supervisor told me that I haven't missed any payments from what she saw but can't explain why I received the letter for a missed payment. This lady wanted to set up repeat payments for me & couldn't understand why I wouldn't trust them with my bank account information.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

We paid off the whole balance and closed the account. Five days later they withdrew $207 for automatic payment. Called back to inquire why they would draw a payment for an account that is closed and their only response was it was a computer generated error, actually a customer representative error because it should have been cancelled when we closed the account. Was then told that it would take 25-30 days for direct deposit!. I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my entire life, complete B.S. They take money for a closed account, otherwise known as stealing, and then tell you you have to wait 25-30 days. I’m pretty sure this is illegal, they should have some responsibility to the people who are wronged. I wonder how many times a day they do this? I can’t wait to for someone to initiate a class action law suit against Barclay.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Though there was a $99/yr membership fee for the Barclays Hawaiian Airlines credit card, I was lured by the 50,000 bonus miles to get one. The bonus miles terms were -- spend $2,000 on the card within 90 days of having the card, the Hawaiian Airlines bonus miles would be credited. I spent $2,013 within 90 days of account approval (April 10th - July 8th), but I didn't get the bonus miles. When I enquired, Barclays said their account opening date was when you submitted the application form (April 8th), not the date when you were approved to use the account (April 10th).

I also reported that I was unable to use the credit card for about a month of the 90 days period because the chip on the Barclays' credit card stopped working. The faulty credit card was refused by the various merchants because it was a "chip card"; they refused to manually enter the #s. Had the Barclay card work, I would have easily put cleared the $2000 requirement within 60 days. The Barclays' helpdesk said that they did not see any rejected transactions and ignored the usage handicap. I then tried to cancel the card and get a partial refund of the membership fee. Barclays refused to refund the fee.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barclays Bank?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

BEWARE OF SETTING UP AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS!!! I have 4 other credit cards aside from this one, from other banks. I have all of them set up to pay the minimum due every month. Barclays is the only one that will double charge me. Meaning if I have already met the minimum payment for that month, the automatic “payment” will go through regardless. That is not the case with my other cards. I was totally unaware of this till this month.

I was trying to knock my balance down and so I actually paid the card off twice in one month. One $200 payment and then another $500 payment. Needless to say I’d already met the minimum due. I also had drained my checking account for the month. Not thinking they would process the “minimum due” automatic payment after I had just paid them $700 for that month, I wasn’t worried about it. Not only did they try to process it, and thus I got dinged for a NSF fee, they waited a week and DID IT AGAIN!!! I wasn’t notified either time. I AM FURIOUS. I argued with them for an hour to no avail. $150 in fees later (your bank charges you for NSFs too) and all I can say is I’m CANCELING THIS CARD ASAP!!!! Screw you Barclays!!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I opened this account to purchase a timeshare in May 2019. My credit was and is still outstanding. This account had a 6 month no interest on it and I haven't charged anything else on it. I called Barclay Aug 8th @ 12:25 pm because I wanted to know what was the cut off date to pay my total balance off and was informed that I was being charged interest by the first customer service person I spoke with. I explained that I shouldn't and he didn't investigate any further. I called back a second time with my contract in hand and the young lady checked again before I said anything about my contract.

She realized that I was correct and would credit my account for the interest I was charged. I was asked to do a survey that same day and I didn't give a good review. Well guess what! I received a letter today (Aug 16, 2019) dated Aug 11, 2019 stating my credit line was decreased because they said they did a credit check and my revolving accounts and length of time with credit was too high and not long enough. This credit check was done after I called them and did my review of their company. All my accounts are up to date and always paid or paid off with no interest. This company is not getting any interest from me or recommendations. Another credit company just increased my credit limit and I don't owe them anything.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Have been a client of Barclays Bank Visa Priceline for 10 years with good service. Starting in January 2019 the bank is experiencing severe internal issues resulting in duplicate charges on my statement. Barclays never brought it to my attention and I discovered it while reconciling my statement. They tried blaming the Merchants and performed disputes against the Merchants resulting in past due and late charges to me. Barclays finally admitted to internal problems. The issue continued as the credit and refills created more charge backs to Merchant. When you call you are sent to a Dispute Department that is outside of the USA and this department does not have ability to revered Barclays Bank systems in Delaware which results in communication issues and confusion. Managers never called back and you have to wait 90 minutes to speak with a Manager that tells you the problem will be corrected in 7-10 days.

6 months later and 15 documented recorded calls it was. This is a public company and regulated by a federal consumer agency. Also filed a complaint with the BBB in Delaware. The are listed as an A rating by BBB but need to have rating adjusted as the complaints are considerable. Do not do business with a Visa that Barclays Bank handles. If you have one monitor closely as errors will not be fixed.

Original review: July 17, 2019

First of all, I applied for this card but did not the issuer was Barclays Bank! First time I tried to used to purchase a ticket on JetBlue. I was duped to believe I was talking to JetBlue, but turns out I was speaking with a crooked online site. They did processed the charges for the ticket and another charge I was not aware of. Once I found out, I called JetBlue to dispute it, and they said I had to call the Barclays. Only to hear that "Madam, you did give them your credit card information", yes I did because I was lead to believe I was speaking with JetBlue reservation center. I had to insist for her to at least try to get the unauthorized charge disputed, just got a letter saying they could not help me.

** I am their client and they cannot help me? I am telling them it was a FRAUDULENT charge and they CANNOT help me?? Run the other way if you are applying for a credit card and the issuer is Barclays bank. They suck in customer service and fail to deliver the minimum! Anyways, I will pay the balance on my charge... The rest they will have to go after the merchant! ** Will never use it again and will review both (Barclays Bank and JETBLUE Airlines) in every platform available! Sol.

Original review: July 8, 2019

DON'T USE THEM! No matter how hard you try to pay them off, they keep reducing my credit line. Always pay them way more than minimum payment and pay them early, have had them for at least 8 years!! Never been late on my payments!! Then they reduce my credit line and no notification, until it's done and 3 weeks out!! Worst credit card I've ever had. Now I'm going to get rid of them! DON'T RECOMMEND THEM!! And see from others that they do this stuff to many people!! No loyalty in this company!!!! Stay Away!! You will eventually have the same experience!!!

Barclays Bank Company Information