Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
3.49/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Barclays Bank Reviews

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

This card was paid off by the title Co after a refi. It has been over 2 weeks and they have no record of my $5400 payment. The worst service EVER!!!! They opened a case for payment research that is a complete FRAUD. Where is Barclays and why did they turn me over to this sham company. Get another credit card provider and RUN far away from this company: Mercury Mastercard.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Absolutely insane for a credit card to do this. If I was months behind, sure. I was 8 days late (mind you, you don’t get email/text reminders because they take in a killing from their weird hours of accepting online payments, so why bother?) and they actually shut the entire card down so all my automatic renewals are what alerted me. I actually thought I had paid it, so I went in and paid the balance in full. The purchase, which was large, was a normal transaction for the account as I only use it at the Apple Store.

Anyways, I just called their call center in India and had to ask if it was true they turn the entire card off if you are past due 8 days, with less than half utilization, with purchases historical use of the same card. After she apologized several times, I firmly stated “it’s a yes or no question, answer and stop being “sorry.” She meekly replied that yes, yes they do.

What in the actual eff? Since the card is paid off and I’ve no idea what closing it would do, this card is being retired straight into a wood chipper. Had I of needed the card for something important, I’d be so hosed even with a long credit history with Barclays minus a few payments late only because their stupid cutoff for accepting payments the same day. Terrible card. The Apple Rewards are cool, but not that cool. Adios, Barclay.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

On September the 23rd, 2019 I sent Barclays Credit Card a pay off check in the amount of $7,148.00 with my full name and account number on the front of the check. And as of this date October 28th, 2019, my account has not been credited these monies. I have had to make an extra payment in order to keep my credit card from being charged any extra interest. I have called every two days since the 30th of September and have spoken to a different person with a different lie an/or different story to tell me about how they are investigating my case, except they have already cashed my check and the money is in their so called general funds account, “in the back room” wherever that is, but they do not know how to credit my credit card account so I can close it.

This is what I have been told every time I call. They always say the same thing, “that they are expediting the investigation of my case to find out where the money is, so they can apply the money to my credit card account to close. They say they do not know where my payoff money went. I have filed a complaint with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) because I have not gotten any results, but just the run around from this crappy company, and I advise any and everyone to STAY AWAY from Barclays Bank Credit Cards. If anyone has experienced the same treatment and problems Please contact the Federal Trade Commission online and file a complaint and just maybe this will start an investigation into the poor business practices and theft of this company.

I am sure I am not alone in how Barclays has misplaced funds sent to them to pay on personal credit card accounts and has not been investigated for this crime. You can file a complaint with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) online and they will give you a case number and a phone number to speak to them about your formal complaint. If anyone has filed a suit against Barclays please let others know!!! This company needs to be shut down so other consumers are not lied to and treated so poorly. Fancy Gap, Virginia Customer

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I was recently the victim of employment offer scam fraud/identity theft. When I first called Barclaycard when I realized what happened, the CS man that I spoke with said that he understood my situation, but that I would have to call back the following day to file a complaint with the fraud dept. However, when I called the next day, the CS woman with the strong foreign accent, that I spoke with was irritated and said that she wasn't going to allow me to file any complaint/disputes because the transactions were made in my name so she didn't see any evidence of fraud. DUH, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT A SCAM IDENTITY THEFT FRAUD IS!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

This is the worst sign-up process I have ever experienced in my entire life. First of all I keep getting information in Dutch. There is no where that I can put in that I want it in English. I correctly put in all my information and it keeps going back telling me something is incorrect. How would they know? I can’t wait till my phone is paid off so I could drop this horrible horrible card.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barclays Bank?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

This is the worst ever credit card that you could have in your life time. They charged me more than 1,000 dollars for having balance of 500 on my account which I wanted to pay it off today! And once I get in to my account I saw they had charged me for that damn interest! I’m student and got this credit to buy a laptop from Apple which I needed for my school work and because of all other expenses and an accident I couldn’t pay that off in 18 month but I just owed 500 dollars and now they charged me like I didn’t pay anything!!! I don’t recommend it to anyone, because with any reason if you could not pay completely in 18 month they don’t consider any other payments you had done before and you will get a large amount of interest charge on your account! I am about to cry and I hate this credit card...

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Today:

< My card was rejected from a purchase.
< The phones were down at every CS toll free number.
> Could not access through APP.

> I was able to send an email to CS but got no confirmation.

Something about this company stinks; this is not the first time I've had trouble with them. I would like to freeze the card due to the above, bad press them. At and opportune time, I'll close the account. At this moment in time, I couldn't close it if I tried to.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

They request a copy of Social Security or Driver License to be mailed for application to complete. Worse experience ever, I will not move forward with application process. I have a credit score of 818 and do not need to give them my business.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

This is is the worst bank to deal with. They charge 50 on interest that was paid in the month about the amount I owe. Please Please think twice before using this bank. I agreed to the mistake but they they charge until they bleed you to death. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. THEY ARE CROOKS AND CONGRESS WRITES THE LAWS TO LET THEM BE CROOKS.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I don’t know if JetBlue cares, but they picked a loser when they dropped American Express and went with Barclays! Since it is almost impossible to speak to a human being these days (and one that can understand and speak English), we spent three phone calls and about an hour trying to get replacement cards for our compromised credit cards.. They are totally confused and unorganized. They sent my wife her card separately from mine and then when she tried to activate it, they said that it was compromised! How could this be? They didn’t know. We asked to speak with a supervisor.. he transferred us to a recording that instructed us to call back later!!! In my opinion, JetBlue needs to get a new provider for their credit card. These guys are bad news..

Barclays Bank Company Information