Barclays Bank/Juniper Financial

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Add me to the list of those posting here where Barclays has cut your limit at a very opportune time. Had the card since 2015, a $5000 limit. Used it and maxed it quick back in 2015 then paid it off in full in 4 months. So I have been carrying a 0 balance since. We are going on vacation Friday and was going to use the Barclays card to pay for the hotel stay. Would have been about $2000. So I used the card to make a cash withdraw to make sure the card was still active and working before we went. No issues. The card worked fine and the $300 was given. Fast forward 1 week and bam, they have dropped me down to $500. Calls to CS were met with the usual form reply BS and was told: Amount owed on bank cards is too high, too many open bank cards with balances. Things that existed to a much WORSE degree when they gave me the credit card 2 years ago!!! Done with these clowns and suggest everyone who has a card with them cancels.

I recently paid an $800 balance from one of two personal checking accounts and mistakenly picked the account with a balance less than $800. Barclaycard never notified me that I had overdrawn my payment account. I subsequently checked my accounts and noticed that the $800 had not been withdrawn from what I thought was my designated account. On contacting my local bank, they understood the problem and waived the overdraft fees I had accrued. Barclaycard made a second withdrawal from my account, but, by that time, I had the $800 covered. Had I not been diligent, I would have accrued a second penalty and, possibly a late fee. I asked for a refund of the $27 junk fee and they refused. I took it up to a supervisor, who also refused.

I will keep the account open but will never again use it. They obviously would prefer to lose revenue on my credit card transactions than to refund the $27 junk fee.

The credit card market is super competitive and I can not imagine losing even one customer is a good thing. Stay as far away from these people as you can. There are far better alternatives out there.

So, I get a call from Barclay fraud... "Did you buy 2300$ worth of stuff from Sneakerplugs or something, also did you buy $300 in Houston at a restaurant..." "Nope" I tell them. "Okay, no problem..." "What is Sneakerplugs" I ask, the guys says it is a sneaker Air Jordan type place. I say, "Definitely not." A month later... "Sorry your fraud case has been denied on the sneaker place." They had my info. and my shipping address and my CVV code... Therefore it is a good transaction. Then I say "Well I didn't get any of this stuff they are saying..." They tell me to "Call the company..." (Can you bleeping believe that). I then follow up with a few choice cuss words and I state that I apologize that they have to receive the brunt of my cussing, as this is absolutely wrong... And they say "No problem but sorry you're ** out of luck." I end up saying "I didn't get those products." In the end I finally get to disputes...

After an hour plus, and they take the dispute case... Today I get a call saying "Sorry, we won't accept the dispute case either based on the evidence." I am like "What evidence... Where is the shipping stuff that it was shipped." So I call the number they gave me... It is answered by some poor lady who says she isn't even a business... Be interested to see if she is in it. Not sure where I go from here, but I guess a lawyer is next?? Don't do business with these guys. I have never experienced such a completely frustrating experience. Not sure where I go from here, but a lawyer seems to be next.

To summarize. I am contacted by them... I agree that the charges are not mine. They take the two charges off. They put one back on basically and say the other one is fraud. They tell me to contact the vendor??? Why me??? They finally tell me to dispute the charge, or that I can dispute it. They then tell me the original fraud shows an email address that is not mine. They then tell me the dispute is refused as well. They have not produced a shipping or receiving document either. Thanks Barclay card for taking a nonexistent vendor's word over mine, even though you're the one who initiated the fraud review to begin with. Do not do business with these guys... Look at the Guardian's focus in 2015 and look at their ratings of being 4 times more likely to refuse a fraud claim.

I applied for a BarclayCard Ring credit card so that I could transfer a balance from a higher interest rate card. First, my credit card didn't arrive. It had to be canceled and a new one reissued. When my card arrived, I got TWO cards! I had to call and cancel one of them. Second, when I gave them the balance transfer info, they got it wrong and it has yet to be applied to my higher balanced credit card. However, I am being charged a fee on the transfer amount, when it hasn't been transferred resulting in two payments a month.

When I called to say that they must have made a mistake on the transfer info, they said it would take 10 days to cancel the check and 10 days to send out a new one with the corrected info. Third and lastly, they don't do electronic balance transfers so this is all done by check. What should have been a quick balance transfer done in two weeks has taken over eight weeks with NO results. Great idea, but NO results and lots of clean up.

I been a Barclays card holder since 2015, with only a $2000.00 credit limit I been making all payment on time each month until recently. I sent in a Hardship restructure request. I sent the same request to two other card holder companies, American Express and Discover card. Discover immediately work with me and offer me a resolution that I could handle, American Express offer me something that I didn't agree to... But Barclay Card offer nothing, told me contact a consolidation group, a group that will help me file bankruptcy. Something I'm not trying to do at the time... So I have decided not to pay them anymore. Let it go to collection and my lawyer told once it do... then he will file a dispute and have all the charges removed, even the ones I was responsible for. Bottom line don't expect any help for Barclays card, if you run into a hardship problem. Regret ever doing business with, never recommend to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barclays Bank/Juniper Financial?

I have been a good customer for almost a decade. I had an issue that was about my account and how I had made an extra accidental payment and I needed them to stop the payment. I was given misinformation at first and then "no worries we will take care of it", and they did not. They kept trying to withdrawal the mistaken amount out of my account and then charged me 27 dollars because I did not have the accidental payment amount in my account. I have had no customer service. It takes an act of congress to reach a manager and even then I am not sure they have much to do about customer service. It is a big cog and you are nothing but a number and a phone call they must "handle". I am extremely sad about having this experience with them. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy.

Opened and signed agreement for 0% APR on purchases for 15 months from December 2016. My accounts now shows an APR of 15 percent and the company will not change it even though I signed the agreement. They said I signed for cash advance only... NEVER! (I don't need a cash advance). I only open credit cards with 0% APR on purchases. Each person I've talked to will not try to resolve the issue and could care less. Supervisors are not available. I asked for a copy of my signature agreement - they are not even sure they have it (very odd). The bottom line is they make up the agreement once you open the account and hit you with a high APR. DON'T OPEN A CREDIT CARD WITH THIS COMPANY - they are a complete SCAM!

Why aren't anyone filing a class action suit against Barclaycard??? $2000 limit on a card when I purchased a MacBook in 2014! Still paying 2017, and they claim it's the interest!! They just had to remove late fees when payments were made on time.

I pay every month (the whole balance) and still somehow every month there's an overlapping balance from previous months. I can't prove that they have been cheating me because I've spent so much. I will not go back and check every single transaction but EVERY MONTH the math doesn't add up into today. I'm just like... "they must be cheating me somehow." WORST CREDIT CARD EVER. Do not open. Shame on Hawaiian Airlines for even partnering with this company.

5 years of being great customer after paying them off almost a thousand dollars and They sneaky closed my account without notice and sneaky charged me $27. Until I called them about it - no reversal or waived. You will be treated inhuman and they will do harm you not only financially but also emotionally without any remorse. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO ATTEMPT GET THIS CC.

Dispute reported to Barclays in May 2016 regarding payment for services not rendered (vendor terminated service). This was originally charged on the American Express Jet Blue card, which was subsequently changed to Barclays. I have called about 30 times, and each time by "supervisors", I am told that this situation has been "escalated to the highest level" but no resolution. I am out over 1200.00. I really would like to terminate the account, but I travel on Jet Blue often. Any other bank would have had this resolved instead of not doing anything for 10 months and counting. Terrible customer service - beware.

Very bad credit card, do not apply for one if possible. I have 3 cards with them for over 2 years' time with no late payments. I applied for these cards after a one year discharge on my bankruptcy and they approved me. I had these cards for almost 3 years after the bankruptcy discharge and now they decided to close one of my accounts because they said that they rechecked my credit report and found the almost 4 year old bankruptcy there on my report! The small credit limit they gave me for the card they closed is very small, it's only $1500.00 CL. The card I am talking about is the Diamond Resort MasterCard.

Now they closed this account after I had it for over 2 years now and it went on my credit report as a closed account and the credit report lowered my credit score down and it's affecting me now. Also, they won't give you any credit increase if you don't keep using the card every single day. I was wondering if they can close my account because of this issue? I would never try for another card with them now. Terrible service!

This company is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen. As with other reviewers, I had a horrible experience. I'm sure yours will be fine until you have a problem and need Barclays to fix it for you. Everyone has a story (good or bad), and most people who post reviews like this are disgruntled. I certainly am, but this company should not have survived the banking crash. Their unethical practices keep them making money, and they need to go away.

Last year, they sent me a notice that they were closing my account due to inactivity. This was fine with me, as I had NEVER used the card a single time. 4 Months after they sent the notice, I receive another notice stating that they were closing my account, and I owed $109 and it was 120 days past due. After talking to them about this, they claimed there was a charge made on the account of roughly $3 in February 2016. I never received a bill for this charge (which could be fraudulent), and all they could say is that maybe I was signed up for paperless so I didn't get a bill in the mail. They have ZERO records of their own activities, and so I paid them off. $109 for a $3 charge.

Now they will not remove the only single bad ding on my credit report for something they have no records that solidify their claim. No evidence that they actually billed me after the notice of the inactive account closure. No sane person would pay that $109 for a $3 charge, but they somehow got away with it. Avoid them unless you like dealing with useless staff and bad rewards. If you like dealing with problem people, and not getting any advantage from a credit card, by all means go ahead and apply.

I have been with Barclay credit AAdvantage for years. I ran into hardship when my card was used for charges online by my ex husband. I had an account of these charges and could verify they were not purchased by me, and there was nothing Barclay would do to help reverse charges or provide some type of assistance in reversing at the very least fees/interest (spoke with Mary in Customer Service). The interest fees on this card was almost 27%. When I called to see about a lower fee, they said the best they could do was 21.67% and would not reverse any charges/interest/late fees (Spoke with Damonde in customer service).

I took a portion of my retirement to pay off the credit card. Because the payoff did not come in until after March 3rd, they charged me 166.80 in interest! I called to see if there was anything I could (spoke with Paula in Customer Service) and she said they could not reverse the charges as it was a valid charge due to the payment being late but she would reverse 27.00 of it as the "late" fee. I would not recommend doing business with this company under ANY circumstances.

Warning. Scheduled monthly payments and payments don't go through all of the time, even if you get a message saying, "payment on time." Make sure to always GET A PAYMENT CONFIRMATION, EVEN IF IT'S THEIR SITE'S FAULT. I could not fight this because they are the big bad corporate wolfs, but I hope I can save you from this. I am very responsible with payments and luckily had the cash to pay them off and close the account immediately. So much of the 18 no % deal, there is no such thing, don't believe them. I hesitated to open the card, but never again.

Do not apply for the card, they won't protect you from unauthorized charge. I got charged from the scam company online but when I call Barclays customer service, they told me, they cannot do anything, I have to solve it myself by trying to call them myself. I have the same issue with my card with Capital One, but when I disputed the charge, the Capital One solve it right away. They delete the charge. I did cancel my Barclays Card and will never apply again.

Barclays Luxury Card - FANTASTIC. I applied for the Barclays Luxury card online. It came back as pending. The next day Barclays called me to ask me a few questions and approved me for the card with a $20,000 limit. I was surprised since my next highest credit limit is only $12,500 with Capital One. Good job Barclays. Thanks.

I am a European Country citizen and I have recently moved to UK from a Western Country belonging to European Union, since I got a permanent and well paid job in a well known British Company. I tried to open a bank account at Barclays in UK. I drop at the Branch in town, they tell me to fix an appointment and to bring my NIN and my passport. Once at the appointment, they tell me they cannot accept my NIN because it has my previous address on it and to get an updated one. I get it, fix an appointment again.

Once there, they tell me that they cannot accept this document because THE RULES HAVE CHANGED. They ask me to produce an account statement from a foreign Bank account, with my present address on it. I update this information on my foreign account through the online banking, I print it and I deliver it to Barclays. They tell me they cannot accept it because it is produced via internet and THEY WANT to see the stamps to prove it is original. Therefore, since the Company I work for is present on their database of acceptable and trusted Companies, they ask me to produce a reference letter written by any Company's Official, stating that I am on a permanent contract and my present address. I get a reference letter written by the Human Resources Manager, complying with all the requirements listed on the note they gave me, and I bring it to Barclays.

They tell me they cannot accept it because the paper is too thin and that the words "permanent contract" and my address shall be PLACED ON A DIFFERENT POINT of the sheet. Astounded, I go to another Branch to see whether they are all crazy or what. The other Branch tells me that the position of the words is fine, but I cannot open a bank account because the name of the Company suggests I work too far away and this is not consistent with my current address.

They want me to ask the Company to write another letter stating that I WORK close to the place where I live. Furthermore, they told me to try to open a bank account with any other BANK. I didn't ask for a loan or a mortgage, just to open a normal bank account. I am glad I got to know that they are completely crazy in advance enough, before having me as a Customer and putting my salary in their hands. Has the Brexit anything to do with Barclays' attitude towards new European Customers?

Barclays have upped late charges to $260 monthly minimum just because I am disputing one late fee charge which was not my fault. I had set up auto payment through their web and it did not work. If someone knows of an attorney please let me know. This is stressing me out and want to sue Barclays.

On this date of 2/07/2017, after never receiving an account statement from this company for the month of Feb. I called them inquiring about my bill. They said I was late and will charge me late charges for their neglect. I informed her that was not fair on my account because I did not receive my bill. So she argues with me and lies about sending the bill still charges me late fees. Again I proceeded to tell her that is not fair to charge with late charges. So she says they don't normally do this but she will waive the late fees for this month. But now I said "I expect current bills for each month" and she says "well now I will charge you late fees for March" because she waived them for February. I claim that is not fair and stated 'I thought you waived the fees for February' and she says oh!!! But she still wants to charge me late fees and so she wants to do that for March. March bill isn't even due yet.

All I can see is that this company likes charging late fees. They are a very dishonest company. They will figure out ways to charge your account by not sending your statement on time and then want to collect additional fees for two months. Everyone dealing with this company needs to keep a close eye on your fees and payments made. Keep all statements and get your confirmation numbers for all payments. Red Flag Company- dishonest money grubbers.:(

I thought it was a good credit card. I didn't research enough about it and here I am trying to find answers to get unlock from my account at least to close it up. Because of the inconvenience and time consuming that it is to try to get this card to do what it supposed to do. Well I was ask to mail personal information which I won't, and all I say if I owe them money good luck collecting it since I can't even log in to pay. I won't spend a minute with this one anymore, not worth it.

The credit card company erroneously deducted $1254.66 from my bank account leaving me with no money to pay bills or to buy food. I have disputed the error, but they are making me wait seven days to see if they will refund my money back into the bank account. The customer service employee was not helpful at all, and basically told me that there was nothing that they could do, once the payment was processed.

I recently had a charge on this card that I did not make. Barclays first removed the charge, then sent me letter stating had reapplied the charge with interest. After a lengthy phone conversation with a manager, they would not remove the charge. I agree with some of the other reviews I read about Barclay. I used this card for almost everything I purchased but I canceled it. There are too many credit card companies who will put customers first, to keep using one who doesn't. I could NOT recommend this card. If you have it BEWARE.

I have problem with this credit card customer service every time I called. The first call I told them to set up to pay off monthly automatically. The lady never told me it would take more than 30 days to set up. I called after 30 days to ask them why I got declined even though I have auto payment. The manager had to explain to me that it took more than 30 to set up auto payment. I found out they charged me for late payment and interest fees. I was so mad and tell them to take out all charges. I told that manager that the company should train employees more for better result. Second call I talked to a gentleman, spending maybe more than 10 minutes and still go nowhere, I had to ask for manager again and took about 2 minutes to clear.

The 3rd call was yesterday, I spent around 10 minutes with a lady and still going nowhere. She said my auto payment or repeat payment was cancelled by me. I went panic because I never told anyone to cancel auto payment. Again, I had to ask for manager, in 2 minutes we are clear, there was no cancellation like the lady said. I set my auto payment 2 days ahead before the due date, which balance should be paid today (today is Jan 16, and the due date is Jan 18). I've just went online and check my account, again, there's no payment shown. I even went to my checking account that supposed to pay this credit card off, but there's record of paying off this credit card.

I am panic again, worry about they will report my credit as a late pay and cause my rating score. I don't know what to do but come to review forum. When I have no doubt at all after I saw most Barclays clients gave them 1 star (I am sure they would give 0 star if it's available). I will probably stop using this credit card or spend $10-$20 just to build up my credit. And use other credit cards that also gave me cash-back. I'm so frustrate and will probably call them again to make sure they take money from my checking account to pay off this month due. It seems like I have to call every month but yet still no result. All reviews with 1 star should prove how Barclays Bank treats their customers.

Nine (9) charges from the same vendor appeared on my card two months ago. I called right away, cancelled the card. BarclayCardUS fixed eight (8) of the transactions, issued me a new card, but left the ninth charge "inadvertently". Ok, this stuff happens. When I called, they mentioned they could not credit back the last charge because they canceled the old card before they realized they needed to credit it. Need to wait for the new card to be issued to retrieve its number so the balance can be transferred and then credited to the new card. Should take maximum 30 days and I should not worry about late fees and interest charges.

After 30 days, the charge balance grew with late charges and interest fees. I have it in writing still that I am not responsible for these charges. It has now been 70 days and after several emails apologizing for the delay, they still have not fixed it. In the latest message, they now want to have a manager contact me to resolve the issue, asking me to be available by phone between the hours of ** and ** pm. They truly do not have a clue and are just wasting so much time.

I asked for assistance this last year after being an absolute perfect credit card candidate with a 715 credit score. Barclays Card Co. leaves you out to dry as soon as you have any struggles. Their policy actually is to not help you until you get behind on payments and owe even more. They literally tell you they will not help you until you fall behind! I asked to have my credit interest rate re-evaluated due to the fact I had been paying on 19% for two years perfectly! They told me they could offer a 1% difference, to 18%!!! They are corrupt and a joke and I felt they only were interested and viewed me as dollar signs $$.

Yep, I'm one of the people who used the UNSOLICITED 0% transfer checks Barclays sent. Now they LOWERED my credit limit also. I have never had anyone pull this. WARNING: Don't use those lovely checks. They will lower your limit so it appears you have used most of your credit line thereby negatively impacting your credit score. You can contact the reporting agency they used and place a dispute in your credit file along with a copy of your statements showing what it was before they lowered it.

When I called Barclays to complain (actually I asked them if they lost their minds) they had the gall to send me a letter regretting 'they couldn't give me a credit line increase’. Immediately fired back letter pointing out I wasn't asking for an increase, expected them to correct mistake they made. Copy of this also going to reporting agency. There isn't much we can do except keep warning everyone. And tell Barclays we refuse to do any business with them. Also pointed out to them I wouldn't cancel my account as that also negatively impacts your credit report.

I have tried numerous times to get in touch with customer service in reference to a Barclays American Airlines Aadvantage Mastercard. Each time I get a recording that says "Since the system is down, limited automated functions can be accessed". Very disappointed in Barclays... and in American Airlines to be associated with a company that seems to care so little about the customer.

HAS ANYONE TRIED SUING THIS BANK FOR ALLOWING CREDIT CARDS TO OPENED IN THEIR NAMES? They allowed 3 different accounts To be opened in my name, one of which was opened, utilized, payments were made, and limits increased before I could get this card closed. Just because I wasn't financially screwed by them doesn't mean someone isn't responsible for the money. I'm paying now to protect myself. Who has advice? I'm so frustrated.

I paid off the total balance of my Barclay card June 20 2016. I put the card up so I could save it for Christmas shopping! Dollar Shave Club drafted $9 the next 3 months after I canceled the account with them. This generated a late pay that I was unaware of! I talked to Barclay and was told I needed to have the vendor correct the mistake before they could remove the blemish from my credit reports. Dollar Shave Club corrected the mistake and credited the charges. I received a letter from Barclay stating that they will not correct the mark on my credit!

After conversations with numerous Barclay representatives I find that the only correspondence about this problem is by paper snail mail! I have sent 2 letters with no response! The department has no email or phone contact. Why wouldn't they be willing to correct this obvious mistake rather than damage my credit? Why is a credit card company as large as them not have a way to resolve this problem without mailing letters? Ridiculous.

Barclays Bank/Juniper Financial Company Profile