Barclays Bank/Juniper Financial

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Customer service varies from excellent to indifferent. Very few staff visible in the bank premises. Everything is automated and therefore impersonal. Staff from Barclays Bank/Juniper Financial, if you can locate them, are helpful but more often than not, conspicuous by their absence.

What can I write that hasn't already been said? During the application process for a card there is ZERO communication from Barclays via e-mail, phone, etc. On their website, there is no customer service number for applications, only current cardholders. When they eventually send information via the post office, they are not specific with the documents required and what will be accepted. When I submitted a utility bill, they informed me that wouldn't be accepted. Eventually they said I could send in a copy of my lease to verify my address. After calling back, the next customer service rep said a lease would not be accepted. I cannot stress how horrible communication is at this company. I would highly recommend applying for a credit card with a company that actually knows what they're doing.

I stayed at Best Western Plus during busy season. Loud neighbors. Bed wasn't fixed. Opened dispute and Ring made it sound like I was the issue. My account was in good standing, 750 score, all bills paid. They sent me threatening letters to pay all interest! Wow. Zeroed my BALANCES out and cancelled both Barclay Ring and CashForward cards. No interest for them!!!

Forget the fees, forget the higher interest rate. I can live with that. I have had this card for over one year and paid perfect. Not late, No missed payments, Nothing. I received a letter that they were not planning on renewing my card. Not based on payment history with this or any other card but based on their concern that I might be a high risk client. I have used more of my credit than usual because of a house I purchased and made major repairs to. So I used more of my credit than normal. So that actually hurts my credit because I have a balance with no available credit.

So they single handedly hurt my credit. SO I called them and actually made a little less payment than was due. Oversight as they are on auto pay. So they marked me 30 days late. Mind you I understood that I had to pay a fee because I paid less than was due that month. This is just ridiculous as they have received a payment every single month. So more of the story. They do not give a care about the consumer and are not afraid to hurt the consumer if it benefits them. Do not give them one single penny. Just look at the reviews. Horrible credit card company to do business with.

I have never been late on my credit card payment. Per the credit card statement my payment posted on 27 July in the amount of $27.00. On 1 August I was charged a late fee of $25.00. I was unsure why they would charge this due to my payment being posted three days prior to the due date of 1 August. I called to discuss and was informed that I paid $1.80 too little. I requested that the late charge be reversed and was told that due to the account being closed that it was not possible to reverse. Are you kidding me? My CLOSED account can be CHARGED a fee but not REVERSED. I was a loyal customer who always paid on time. In my opinion this company is a total scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barclays Bank/Juniper Financial?

I've had the card for years but had stopped using it, because it was so frustrating. It declined often even though the charge was well below the $3300 credit line. Once declined a $2.50 charge??? I would have to call company while at shop or restaurant to straighten it out, embarrassing! But, a couple of months ago I was going to travel & didn't want to carry cash. Decided I would give the card another try. I called ahead to report where I would be traveling in the USA. Representative said I should not have any problems. Card declined for the first two days of traveling, even though I didn't have ANY charge on card & at that time had $3300 credit line. Had to call to get it straightened out???

When a total of $3,246 was charged over months of traveling, leaving $54 before reaching credit line, the company sent letter stating my credit line was reduced to $2,650. I had never been late, paid more than minimum payment, & had a credit score of 723. Called the company, was transferred 3 times, spent a lot of time for nothing. Credit line decreased after the fact, couldn't be ethical. This will hurt my credit score. I wouldn't recommend this card to anyone.

My card stolen and used immediately. I called and was assured it was noted as fraud. I then closed account. They then debited my checking account. I had to call 3 times to get the money back. Then they continue to bill me. They have harmed my credit. This is the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with in business. Do not open an account with them.

I have had my Barclays card for at least 10 years, one of my oldest long standing cards. They increased my balance from 1000 to 9000. This balance has been at 9K for several years, (at least about 3 years in counting). So I have several cards at my disposal, and I pay them off as soon as possible. I decided to use my card and draw up a high balance, but pay off the debt in 1.5 months. They froze the deposit and lowered my credit to 500.00. Not sure why they did this, because I have always been a good customer to them. The impression they gave me was - they weren't going to make any money from my balance, since I paid it off. So I was punished by not accepting my last payment... they want me to wait 12 days, and lowering my balance from 9k to 500.00.

Needless to say, I closed all my cards with them - the Juniper card and the extremely high APR Apple Card. I don't think people should be treated like this, when they have people that take their credit cards seriously, and pay them off. They want you to stay longer and have balances. Why else be in the credit card business. It’s a means to an end and we are just low level consumers, not big clients so we are treated like dirt. I don't need to associate with this credit card/bank. Thank you, but no thank you!

We received an offer from Barclay for 0% interest, for 12 months on transfers. We have excellent credit and decided to transfer the balance from a higher interest card. This transfer was completed during the end of June 2017. On June 30th, Barclay reported 'over the limit' to the major credit bureaus. We work outside of the US so we didn't see this on our credit until July 4th. We immediately made a substantial payment to Barclay. This caused our credit to drop by 30+ points!

I contacted Barclay and they stated that 'over limits' were reported "30 days after the closing of a billing cycle". This was not 30 days, this was 4 days and I immediately rectified the situation by paying 20 times the amount due. They recommended that I file disputes with the credit bureau, which will take a couple of months to process. There is absolutely no rationale for reporting a minor infraction, such as this, in a mere four days. They do not have an 'Alert Option' that allows for over limit or close to limit alerts. I will pay this off immediately and close this account. Not worth the reduced interest rate.

On June 16th, my Barclaycard Arrival Plus credit card was stolen and I had $974.03 fraudulent charges on my account, with a few thousand more charges declined by the bank. I initiated contact with the bank immediately after I saw the fraud alert message received on my phone, confirming through texting that I didn't perform those transactions. I was told by a customer associate that I would not be responsible for all fraudulent charges. However, after I week, I received a call from the Fraud Detection Department telling me that because those charges were cash advances so they would not reimburse me for those charges.

Even though with my police report and other supporting documents proving that those transactions were fraudulent, the bank refused to offer me help and instead put those charges with fees and interests on my account, totaling $1041.93. I have made contact with Barclaycard Fraud Detection Department several times without further progress. One supervisor called Lamar initially promised to get back to me within the same day on June 23rd. However, despite calling him leaving messages multiple times to initiate discussion and figure out the reason for rejection, the supervisor never called me back!

According to the information provided by Federal Trade Commission, under Fair Credit Billing Act, my liability as a customer for unauthorized use of my credit card tops out at $50. However, Barclaycard refused to accept my evidence of fraud, and follow the federal law to take those fraud charges out of my account. Their process of dealing billing dispute is also flawed and unfriendly. Not only that I received conflicting information from their customer associates via phone, I was also not treated with respect - the supervisor never responded to my message. Furthermore, the zip code of their address for sending a claim form is actually incorrect - one staff in the post office told me that they put wrong information on their form. I have completed lost trust in Barclaycard and Barclays Bank Delaware and am filing complaints with consumer protection agencies.

I have had a Barclays Credit Card for over 10 years and pay off my full balance each month. In the past 12 months I have charged over $70,000 to the card, so with my excellent payment history, I'm a good customer. My bank messed up an auto payment this month so the payment was several days late. Barclays charged me a $27 fee. I explained the situation and asked for a refund and Barclays repeatedly said they were UNABLE to refund the fee. The $27 isn't the issue - Barclays's response seem automated and showed no customer concern whatsoever. The card has been destroyed and patronage is history.

I was just on the phone for over 45 minutes and spoke to three reps that all gave me the worst customer service experience ever. They refused to work with me as a long time customer so I will take my business elsewhere. They have extremely unfair and questionable policies on balance transfers. My last bill had a balance transfer that expired prior to my payment due date so I paid off the amount, and lo and behold my current bill had all of the finance charges still on it! When I called they said since the offer expired interest was charged EVERYDAY!!! Who does that on a balance transfer! This was not a cash advance! Do yourself a favor and DO NOT sign up with Barclaycard because they will rip you off without even blinking! There should be a class action lawsuit filed against them!

I have Barclays Credit Aviator card. I thought I was on auto enrollment and I did that by calling customer care. It seems the person never enrolled me and I missed my payment which was around $10 by around 4 days. I called them and customer care person told me it was not my fault and also waived my late payment fee. I thanked her but after a month or so I noticed that my credit score was dipped by almost 50 and it seem they reported that to credit bureau. I called back to credit card company and they told me that as it was not entirely my fault and multiple times I have been told over phone that it will be taken care of but they never took care of. For $10, they reported to credit bureau which was not entirely my fault. They refused to help me now. I have credit cards from many other banks and never faced such problem. I would suggest everybody to keep away from such an unprofessional bank and never use their credit card.

Barclays simply practices bad business and will not stand behind their customers. After ordering a trial size skin cream for under $5 online, a bill for over $200 showed up a 30 days later on my credit card statement. When I reported the fraudulent charge to Barclays, they contacted the scam merchant who told them the trial order included an automatic $200 per month charge for "future products" and would've had to have been cancelled within the first 14 days, an impossibility of course since the unsuspecting customers aren't aware of the scam $200 charge until they get Barclays credit card bill after 30 days. I've repeatedly sent Barclays 28 pages of fraud website documents, including from the BBB, detailing the merchant's fraud scheme but Barclays continues to ignore the data, citing the merchant's bogus 14-day cancel date as a reason not to dismiss the unauthorized charge. My lawyer is on it. Barclays is not.

I recently received an offer from Barclaycard for their CashForward WorldMasterCard which offers a $200 cash rewards bonus and "0% intro APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers." I received my first statement from Barclaycard and what do I see? Only a $100 cash rewards bonus and a 20.49% interest charge on my purchases!

I contacted their Customer Service on May 30th and faxed them a copy of the offer I had received with a copy of my Barclaycard (to show that my card is identical in appearance to the sample shown in their offer). At the time, I was told they would have this resolved in 7-10 days. Well, I just called today, June 17th and was told to "call back again in a few days as my case is currently backlogged." This is ridiculous! As soon as this is resolved, I will totally pay off my Barclaycard and then cancel it! I advise anyone considering this offer from Barclaycard to disregard it.

I have been a customer with this company since 2013. I never requested any rate increases at any time. Through the years they have raised my limit without asking. I do not make late payments and had just recently paid it off. Charged some after the payoff and a couple of days later they called to inform me that they were going to lower my credit limit to within $300.00 of what I currently owe. My income has not gone down. It has gone up. I have had the same job with several promotions since before getting this card. Now the criteria that the credit reports us for calculating the % of usage will obviously be high, which will lower my credit score. This for a customer who is paying their bills.

Needless to say I will be paying this card off and will never use it again. I have had them place a note in this account to never raise the limit again. I would not recommend this card to anyone that asks. I could go on. This really burns me up but I know that nothing that I say will make a difference. Hoping that at least one person thinks twice before doing business with them.

I tried to apply for a Choice Privileges card and was shunted to Barclaycard. They required PRINTED copies of very sensitive information: driver's license, Social Security and bank statements. I reluctantly sent them in 3 separate envelopes to the Wilmington address. After 2 weeks I am still getting multiple letters to resend that information. After 15 min of research and dead-end phone calls I finally got ahold of a live person (with a foreign accent) who wanted me to give her OTHER sensitive information, like mother's maiden name, etc., just to talk to me. I told her to take a hike and I stopped this whole process. MY FEAR is that the first printed information is out there now. I don't know where or in whose hands.

Add me to the list of those posting here where Barclays has cut your limit at a very opportune time. Had the card since 2015, a $5000 limit. Used it and maxed it quick back in 2015 then paid it off in full in 4 months. So I have been carrying a 0 balance since. We are going on vacation Friday and was going to use the Barclays card to pay for the hotel stay. Would have been about $2000. So I used the card to make a cash withdraw to make sure the card was still active and working before we went. No issues. The card worked fine and the $300 was given. Fast forward 1 week and bam, they have dropped me down to $500. Calls to CS were met with the usual form reply BS and was told: Amount owed on bank cards is too high, too many open bank cards with balances. Things that existed to a much WORSE degree when they gave me the credit card 2 years ago!!! Done with these clowns and suggest everyone who has a card with them cancels.

I recently paid an $800 balance from one of two personal checking accounts and mistakenly picked the account with a balance less than $800. Barclaycard never notified me that I had overdrawn my payment account. I subsequently checked my accounts and noticed that the $800 had not been withdrawn from what I thought was my designated account. On contacting my local bank, they understood the problem and waived the overdraft fees I had accrued. Barclaycard made a second withdrawal from my account, but, by that time, I had the $800 covered. Had I not been diligent, I would have accrued a second penalty and, possibly a late fee. I asked for a refund of the $27 junk fee and they refused. I took it up to a supervisor, who also refused.

I will keep the account open but will never again use it. They obviously would prefer to lose revenue on my credit card transactions than to refund the $27 junk fee.

The credit card market is super competitive and I can not imagine losing even one customer is a good thing. Stay as far away from these people as you can. There are far better alternatives out there.

So, I get a call from Barclay fraud... "Did you buy 2300$ worth of stuff from Sneakerplugs or something, also did you buy $300 in Houston at a restaurant..." "Nope" I tell them. "Okay, no problem..." "What is Sneakerplugs" I ask, the guys says it is a sneaker Air Jordan type place. I say, "Definitely not." A month later... "Sorry your fraud case has been denied on the sneaker place." They had my info. and my shipping address and my CVV code... Therefore it is a good transaction. Then I say "Well I didn't get any of this stuff they are saying..." They tell me to "Call the company..." (Can you bleeping believe that). I then follow up with a few choice cuss words and I state that I apologize that they have to receive the brunt of my cussing, as this is absolutely wrong... And they say "No problem but sorry you're ** out of luck." I end up saying "I didn't get those products." In the end I finally get to disputes...

After an hour plus, and they take the dispute case... Today I get a call saying "Sorry, we won't accept the dispute case either based on the evidence." I am like "What evidence... Where is the shipping stuff that it was shipped." So I call the number they gave me... It is answered by some poor lady who says she isn't even a business... Be interested to see if she is in it. Not sure where I go from here, but I guess a lawyer is next?? Don't do business with these guys. I have never experienced such a completely frustrating experience. Not sure where I go from here, but a lawyer seems to be next.

To summarize. I am contacted by them... I agree that the charges are not mine. They take the two charges off. They put one back on basically and say the other one is fraud. They tell me to contact the vendor??? Why me??? They finally tell me to dispute the charge, or that I can dispute it. They then tell me the original fraud shows an email address that is not mine. They then tell me the dispute is refused as well. They have not produced a shipping or receiving document either. Thanks Barclay card for taking a nonexistent vendor's word over mine, even though you're the one who initiated the fraud review to begin with. Do not do business with these guys... Look at the Guardian's focus in 2015 and look at their ratings of being 4 times more likely to refuse a fraud claim.

I applied for a BarclayCard Ring credit card so that I could transfer a balance from a higher interest rate card. First, my credit card didn't arrive. It had to be canceled and a new one reissued. When my card arrived, I got TWO cards! I had to call and cancel one of them. Second, when I gave them the balance transfer info, they got it wrong and it has yet to be applied to my higher balanced credit card. However, I am being charged a fee on the transfer amount, when it hasn't been transferred resulting in two payments a month.

When I called to say that they must have made a mistake on the transfer info, they said it would take 10 days to cancel the check and 10 days to send out a new one with the corrected info. Third and lastly, they don't do electronic balance transfers so this is all done by check. What should have been a quick balance transfer done in two weeks has taken over eight weeks with NO results. Great idea, but NO results and lots of clean up.

I been a Barclays card holder since 2015, with only a $2000.00 credit limit I been making all payment on time each month until recently. I sent in a Hardship restructure request. I sent the same request to two other card holder companies, American Express and Discover card. Discover immediately work with me and offer me a resolution that I could handle, American Express offer me something that I didn't agree to... But Barclay Card offer nothing, told me contact a consolidation group, a group that will help me file bankruptcy. Something I'm not trying to do at the time... So I have decided not to pay them anymore. Let it go to collection and my lawyer told once it do... then he will file a dispute and have all the charges removed, even the ones I was responsible for. Bottom line don't expect any help for Barclays card, if you run into a hardship problem. Regret ever doing business with, never recommend to anyone.

I have been a good customer for almost a decade. I had an issue that was about my account and how I had made an extra accidental payment and I needed them to stop the payment. I was given misinformation at first and then "no worries we will take care of it", and they did not. They kept trying to withdrawal the mistaken amount out of my account and then charged me 27 dollars because I did not have the accidental payment amount in my account. I have had no customer service. It takes an act of congress to reach a manager and even then I am not sure they have much to do about customer service. It is a big cog and you are nothing but a number and a phone call they must "handle". I am extremely sad about having this experience with them. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy.

Opened and signed agreement for 0% APR on purchases for 15 months from December 2016. My accounts now shows an APR of 15 percent and the company will not change it even though I signed the agreement. They said I signed for cash advance only... NEVER! (I don't need a cash advance). I only open credit cards with 0% APR on purchases. Each person I've talked to will not try to resolve the issue and could care less. Supervisors are not available. I asked for a copy of my signature agreement - they are not even sure they have it (very odd). The bottom line is they make up the agreement once you open the account and hit you with a high APR. DON'T OPEN A CREDIT CARD WITH THIS COMPANY - they are a complete SCAM!

Why aren't anyone filing a class action suit against Barclaycard??? $2000 limit on a card when I purchased a MacBook in 2014! Still paying 2017, and they claim it's the interest!! They just had to remove late fees when payments were made on time.

I pay every month (the whole balance) and still somehow every month there's an overlapping balance from previous months. I can't prove that they have been cheating me because I've spent so much. I will not go back and check every single transaction but EVERY MONTH the math doesn't add up into today. I'm just like... "they must be cheating me somehow." WORST CREDIT CARD EVER. Do not open. Shame on Hawaiian Airlines for even partnering with this company.

5 years of being great customer after paying them off almost a thousand dollars and They sneaky closed my account without notice and sneaky charged me $27. Until I called them about it - no reversal or waived. You will be treated inhuman and they will do harm you not only financially but also emotionally without any remorse. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO ATTEMPT GET THIS CC.

Dispute reported to Barclays in May 2016 regarding payment for services not rendered (vendor terminated service). This was originally charged on the American Express Jet Blue card, which was subsequently changed to Barclays. I have called about 30 times, and each time by "supervisors", I am told that this situation has been "escalated to the highest level" but no resolution. I am out over 1200.00. I really would like to terminate the account, but I travel on Jet Blue often. Any other bank would have had this resolved instead of not doing anything for 10 months and counting. Terrible customer service - beware.

Very bad credit card, do not apply for one if possible. I have 3 cards with them for over 2 years' time with no late payments. I applied for these cards after a one year discharge on my bankruptcy and they approved me. I had these cards for almost 3 years after the bankruptcy discharge and now they decided to close one of my accounts because they said that they rechecked my credit report and found the almost 4 year old bankruptcy there on my report! The small credit limit they gave me for the card they closed is very small, it's only $1500.00 CL. The card I am talking about is the Diamond Resort MasterCard.

Now they closed this account after I had it for over 2 years now and it went on my credit report as a closed account and the credit report lowered my credit score down and it's affecting me now. Also, they won't give you any credit increase if you don't keep using the card every single day. I was wondering if they can close my account because of this issue? I would never try for another card with them now. Terrible service!

This company is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen. As with other reviewers, I had a horrible experience. I'm sure yours will be fine until you have a problem and need Barclays to fix it for you. Everyone has a story (good or bad), and most people who post reviews like this are disgruntled. I certainly am, but this company should not have survived the banking crash. Their unethical practices keep them making money, and they need to go away.

Last year, they sent me a notice that they were closing my account due to inactivity. This was fine with me, as I had NEVER used the card a single time. 4 Months after they sent the notice, I receive another notice stating that they were closing my account, and I owed $109 and it was 120 days past due. After talking to them about this, they claimed there was a charge made on the account of roughly $3 in February 2016. I never received a bill for this charge (which could be fraudulent), and all they could say is that maybe I was signed up for paperless so I didn't get a bill in the mail. They have ZERO records of their own activities, and so I paid them off. $109 for a $3 charge.

Now they will not remove the only single bad ding on my credit report for something they have no records that solidify their claim. No evidence that they actually billed me after the notice of the inactive account closure. No sane person would pay that $109 for a $3 charge, but they somehow got away with it. Avoid them unless you like dealing with useless staff and bad rewards. If you like dealing with problem people, and not getting any advantage from a credit card, by all means go ahead and apply.

Barclays Bank/Juniper Financial Company Profile