Barclays Bank/Juniper Financial

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Very bad credit card, do not apply for one if possible. I have 3 cards with them for over 2 years' time with no late payments. I applied for these cards after a one year discharge on my bankruptcy and they approved me. I had these cards for almost 3 years after the bankruptcy discharge and now they decided to close one of my accounts because they said that they rechecked my credit report and found the almost 4 year old bankruptcy there on my report! The small credit limit they gave me for the card they closed is very small, it's only $1500.00 CL. The card I am talking about is the Diamond Resort MasterCard.

Now they closed this account after I had it for over 2 years now and it went on my credit report as a closed account and the credit report lowered my credit score down and it's affecting me now. Also, they won't give you any credit increase if you don't keep using the card every single day. I was wondering if they can close my account because of this issue? I would never try for another card with them now. Terrible service!

This company is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen. As with other reviewers, I had a horrible experience. I'm sure yours will be fine until you have a problem and need Barclays to fix it for you. Everyone has a story (good or bad), and most people who post reviews like this are disgruntled. I certainly am, but this company should not have survived the banking crash. Their unethical practices keep them making money, and they need to go away.

Last year, they sent me a notice that they were closing my account due to inactivity. This was fine with me, as I had NEVER used the card a single time. 4 Months after they sent the notice, I receive another notice stating that they were closing my account, and I owed $109 and it was 120 days past due. After talking to them about this, they claimed there was a charge made on the account of roughly $3 in February 2016. I never received a bill for this charge (which could be fraudulent), and all they could say is that maybe I was signed up for paperless so I didn't get a bill in the mail. They have ZERO records of their own activities, and so I paid them off. $109 for a $3 charge.

Now they will not remove the only single bad ding on my credit report for something they have no records that solidify their claim. No evidence that they actually billed me after the notice of the inactive account closure. No sane person would pay that $109 for a $3 charge, but they somehow got away with it. Avoid them unless you like dealing with useless staff and bad rewards. If you like dealing with problem people, and not getting any advantage from a credit card, by all means go ahead and apply.

I have been with Barclay credit AAdvantage for years. I ran into hardship when my card was used for charges online by my ex husband. I had an account of these charges and could verify they were not purchased by me, and there was nothing Barclay would do to help reverse charges or provide some type of assistance in reversing at the very least fees/interest (spoke with Mary in Customer Service). The interest fees on this card was almost 27%. When I called to see about a lower fee, they said the best they could do was 21.67% and would not reverse any charges/interest/late fees (Spoke with Damonde in customer service).

I took a portion of my retirement to pay off the credit card. Because the payoff did not come in until after March 3rd, they charged me 166.80 in interest! I called to see if there was anything I could (spoke with Paula in Customer Service) and she said they could not reverse the charges as it was a valid charge due to the payment being late but she would reverse 27.00 of it as the "late" fee. I would not recommend doing business with this company under ANY circumstances.

Warning. Scheduled monthly payments and payments don't go through all of the time, even if you get a message saying, "payment on time." Make sure to always GET A PAYMENT CONFIRMATION, EVEN IF IT'S THEIR SITE'S FAULT. I could not fight this because they are the big bad corporate wolfs, but I hope I can save you from this. I am very responsible with payments and luckily had the cash to pay them off and close the account immediately. So much of the 18 no % deal, there is no such thing, don't believe them. I hesitated to open the card, but never again.

Do not apply for the card, they won't protect you from unauthorized charge. I got charged from the scam company online but when I call Barclays customer service, they told me, they cannot do anything, I have to solve it myself by trying to call them myself. I have the same issue with my card with Capital One, but when I disputed the charge, the Capital One solve it right away. They delete the charge. I did cancel my Barclays Card and will never apply again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barclays Bank/Juniper Financial?

Barclays Luxury Card - FANTASTIC. I applied for the Barclays Luxury card online. It came back as pending. The next day Barclays called me to ask me a few questions and approved me for the card with a $20,000 limit. I was surprised since my next highest credit limit is only $12,500 with Capital One. Good job Barclays. Thanks.

I am a European Country citizen and I have recently moved to UK from a Western Country belonging to European Union, since I got a permanent and well paid job in a well known British Company. I tried to open a bank account at Barclays in UK. I drop at the Branch in town, they tell me to fix an appointment and to bring my NIN and my passport. Once at the appointment, they tell me they cannot accept my NIN because it has my previous address on it and to get an updated one. I get it, fix an appointment again.

Once there, they tell me that they cannot accept this document because THE RULES HAVE CHANGED. They ask me to produce an account statement from a foreign Bank account, with my present address on it. I update this information on my foreign account through the online banking, I print it and I deliver it to Barclays. They tell me they cannot accept it because it is produced via internet and THEY WANT to see the stamps to prove it is original. Therefore, since the Company I work for is present on their database of acceptable and trusted Companies, they ask me to produce a reference letter written by any Company's Official, stating that I am on a permanent contract and my present address. I get a reference letter written by the Human Resources Manager, complying with all the requirements listed on the note they gave me, and I bring it to Barclays.

They tell me they cannot accept it because the paper is too thin and that the words "permanent contract" and my address shall be PLACED ON A DIFFERENT POINT of the sheet. Astounded, I go to another Branch to see whether they are all crazy or what. The other Branch tells me that the position of the words is fine, but I cannot open a bank account because the name of the Company suggests I work too far away and this is not consistent with my current address.

They want me to ask the Company to write another letter stating that I WORK close to the place where I live. Furthermore, they told me to try to open a bank account with any other BANK. I didn't ask for a loan or a mortgage, just to open a normal bank account. I am glad I got to know that they are completely crazy in advance enough, before having me as a Customer and putting my salary in their hands. Has the Brexit anything to do with Barclays' attitude towards new European Customers?

Barclays have upped late charges to $260 monthly minimum just because I am disputing one late fee charge which was not my fault. I had set up auto payment through their web and it did not work. If someone knows of an attorney please let me know. This is stressing me out and want to sue Barclays.

On this date of 2/07/2017, after never receiving an account statement from this company for the month of Feb. I called them inquiring about my bill. They said I was late and will charge me late charges for their neglect. I informed her that was not fair on my account because I did not receive my bill. So she argues with me and lies about sending the bill still charges me late fees. Again I proceeded to tell her that is not fair to charge with late charges. So she says they don't normally do this but she will waive the late fees for this month. But now I said "I expect current bills for each month" and she says "well now I will charge you late fees for March" because she waived them for February. I claim that is not fair and stated 'I thought you waived the fees for February' and she says oh!!! But she still wants to charge me late fees and so she wants to do that for March. March bill isn't even due yet.

All I can see is that this company likes charging late fees. They are a very dishonest company. They will figure out ways to charge your account by not sending your statement on time and then want to collect additional fees for two months. Everyone dealing with this company needs to keep a close eye on your fees and payments made. Keep all statements and get your confirmation numbers for all payments. Red Flag Company- dishonest money grubbers.:(

I thought it was a good credit card. I didn't research enough about it and here I am trying to find answers to get unlock from my account at least to close it up. Because of the inconvenience and time consuming that it is to try to get this card to do what it supposed to do. Well I was ask to mail personal information which I won't, and all I say if I owe them money good luck collecting it since I can't even log in to pay. I won't spend a minute with this one anymore, not worth it.

The credit card company erroneously deducted $1254.66 from my bank account leaving me with no money to pay bills or to buy food. I have disputed the error, but they are making me wait seven days to see if they will refund my money back into the bank account. The customer service employee was not helpful at all, and basically told me that there was nothing that they could do, once the payment was processed.

I recently had a charge on this card that I did not make. Barclays first removed the charge, then sent me letter stating had reapplied the charge with interest. After a lengthy phone conversation with a manager, they would not remove the charge. I agree with some of the other reviews I read about Barclay. I used this card for almost everything I purchased but I canceled it. There are too many credit card companies who will put customers first, to keep using one who doesn't. I could NOT recommend this card. If you have it BEWARE.

I have problem with this credit card customer service every time I called. The first call I told them to set up to pay off monthly automatically. The lady never told me it would take more than 30 days to set up. I called after 30 days to ask them why I got declined even though I have auto payment. The manager had to explain to me that it took more than 30 to set up auto payment. I found out they charged me for late payment and interest fees. I was so mad and tell them to take out all charges. I told that manager that the company should train employees more for better result. Second call I talked to a gentleman, spending maybe more than 10 minutes and still go nowhere, I had to ask for manager again and took about 2 minutes to clear.

The 3rd call was yesterday, I spent around 10 minutes with a lady and still going nowhere. She said my auto payment or repeat payment was cancelled by me. I went panic because I never told anyone to cancel auto payment. Again, I had to ask for manager, in 2 minutes we are clear, there was no cancellation like the lady said. I set my auto payment 2 days ahead before the due date, which balance should be paid today (today is Jan 16, and the due date is Jan 18). I've just went online and check my account, again, there's no payment shown. I even went to my checking account that supposed to pay this credit card off, but there's record of paying off this credit card.

I am panic again, worry about they will report my credit as a late pay and cause my rating score. I don't know what to do but come to review forum. When I have no doubt at all after I saw most Barclays clients gave them 1 star (I am sure they would give 0 star if it's available). I will probably stop using this credit card or spend $10-$20 just to build up my credit. And use other credit cards that also gave me cash-back. I'm so frustrate and will probably call them again to make sure they take money from my checking account to pay off this month due. It seems like I have to call every month but yet still no result. All reviews with 1 star should prove how Barclays Bank treats their customers.

Nine (9) charges from the same vendor appeared on my card two months ago. I called right away, cancelled the card. BarclayCardUS fixed eight (8) of the transactions, issued me a new card, but left the ninth charge "inadvertently". Ok, this stuff happens. When I called, they mentioned they could not credit back the last charge because they canceled the old card before they realized they needed to credit it. Need to wait for the new card to be issued to retrieve its number so the balance can be transferred and then credited to the new card. Should take maximum 30 days and I should not worry about late fees and interest charges.

After 30 days, the charge balance grew with late charges and interest fees. I have it in writing still that I am not responsible for these charges. It has now been 70 days and after several emails apologizing for the delay, they still have not fixed it. In the latest message, they now want to have a manager contact me to resolve the issue, asking me to be available by phone between the hours of ** and ** pm. They truly do not have a clue and are just wasting so much time.

I asked for assistance this last year after being an absolute perfect credit card candidate with a 715 credit score. Barclays Card Co. leaves you out to dry as soon as you have any struggles. Their policy actually is to not help you until you get behind on payments and owe even more. They literally tell you they will not help you until you fall behind! I asked to have my credit interest rate re-evaluated due to the fact I had been paying on 19% for two years perfectly! They told me they could offer a 1% difference, to 18%!!! They are corrupt and a joke and I felt they only were interested and viewed me as dollar signs $$.

Yep, I'm one of the people who used the UNSOLICITED 0% transfer checks Barclays sent. Now they LOWERED my credit limit also. I have never had anyone pull this. WARNING: Don't use those lovely checks. They will lower your limit so it appears you have used most of your credit line thereby negatively impacting your credit score. You can contact the reporting agency they used and place a dispute in your credit file along with a copy of your statements showing what it was before they lowered it.

When I called Barclays to complain (actually I asked them if they lost their minds) they had the gall to send me a letter regretting 'they couldn't give me a credit line increase’. Immediately fired back letter pointing out I wasn't asking for an increase, expected them to correct mistake they made. Copy of this also going to reporting agency. There isn't much we can do except keep warning everyone. And tell Barclays we refuse to do any business with them. Also pointed out to them I wouldn't cancel my account as that also negatively impacts your credit report.

I have tried numerous times to get in touch with customer service in reference to a Barclays American Airlines Aadvantage Mastercard. Each time I get a recording that says "Since the system is down, limited automated functions can be accessed". Very disappointed in Barclays... and in American Airlines to be associated with a company that seems to care so little about the customer.

HAS ANYONE TRIED SUING THIS BANK FOR ALLOWING CREDIT CARDS TO OPENED IN THEIR NAMES? They allowed 3 different accounts To be opened in my name, one of which was opened, utilized, payments were made, and limits increased before I could get this card closed. Just because I wasn't financially screwed by them doesn't mean someone isn't responsible for the money. I'm paying now to protect myself. Who has advice? I'm so frustrated.

I paid off the total balance of my Barclay card June 20 2016. I put the card up so I could save it for Christmas shopping! Dollar Shave Club drafted $9 the next 3 months after I canceled the account with them. This generated a late pay that I was unaware of! I talked to Barclay and was told I needed to have the vendor correct the mistake before they could remove the blemish from my credit reports. Dollar Shave Club corrected the mistake and credited the charges. I received a letter from Barclay stating that they will not correct the mark on my credit!

After conversations with numerous Barclay representatives I find that the only correspondence about this problem is by paper snail mail! I have sent 2 letters with no response! The department has no email or phone contact. Why wouldn't they be willing to correct this obvious mistake rather than damage my credit? Why is a credit card company as large as them not have a way to resolve this problem without mailing letters? Ridiculous.

I submitted a balance transfer when I opened the card, I did not receive any confirmation emails nor status on my balance transfer. 5 days later I redid the request thinking the other one was cancelled on the 9th. 11 days later I was charged for 2 balance transfer fees and with double the amount that was on my original card. I called to cancel or remove one of the balance transfers and no one would help me. I escalated to a manager to see if the fee can be removed and not one person would help me. I've had 7+ cards before from Visa and Amex and they have never questioned to refund me for fees or mistakes. They escalated me to the highest supervisor and still would not refund a 60$ fee, and referred me to call the president of the company. They did not care at all when I wanted to close my card. This is the worst credit card company I've ever dealt with.

I applied for a card. My credit score is over 800, never got requests to verify when I applied by other banks. This one sends me letter to provide a utility bill, ok I send 2 and a bank statement. Then when I did not hear back and call back the said, my application was put in a different group of people. Now I need to mail them copy of my driver's license and SS. Hmm because I am ** or have a foreign sounding name? They could not explain it to me why so I just did not bother to mail them and it's a waste of time with them. I only was interested in this card because it offered with LH some perks... but until the will review everything and send you those I will be already traveling. :~(

I have had excellent luck with this one until I made this purchase and sent it back. They took the side of the merchant who committed perjury in a insurance. This lowlife has 940 complaints at the BBB in Delaware and the BBB gives them a super gold rating. Is this the Better Business Bureau of blow, blow, blow? I told them that and they don't like me, and that makes me feel good. Do not waste your time here. What did they sing in 16 Tons? "Another day in debt." 940 COMPLAINTS AND A KISS ON THE ASS. WHAT HAS THIS WORLD COME TO? UPPER CASE TO EMPHASIZE... THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

Juniper called this morning and advised me they were recording. What you think this is, live and bs? I continued to demand a refund based on the merchant perjured themselves. The manager hung up. Good, they are learning. Refund the money and speak while they are trying to talk. The government is afraid of these parasites. Just where the hell they get off with the intimidation tactics? Yes this happened in America. Barclays, like Credit One, have abide by our laws and that includes speaking English and no bull tactics.

Bad bad bad. Credit limit $5000, balance under $100. Called customer service in Philippines. Rep told me declined because swiped twice?! Asked cashier who swiped it and said it was declined on first swipe, then keyed in and declined again. Bad bad bad. Barclaycard reset to accept I HOPE.

I just recently got hurt at work and don't have my extra income coming in. When I called this company to explain this to them they told me there was nothing they could do and my payment had to be made on my due date. They now expect me to pay over 100.00 even though I have no extra income coming in. I got them through Credit Karma. I warn you. Do not go with them. All they care about is money, not people. I will never go back to them and have closed my account.

I took out a loan with Barclays in 2011. Unfortunately I had to go on a payment plan due to change in my circumstances since 2012. This year in March I received a settlement offer from PRA Group where they claimed that my account would appear as settled. I paid the amount. Barclays delayed updating my records. I even received letters that I still owe the money and I need to pay. Later bank said I could pay the rest of the amount if I wanted to, otherwise my records will show "partially settled" for six years. I complained to the Ombudsman who admitted that Barclays is responsible for PRA's misinformation but said that since I paid about 30% of the total amount owed my credit records is updated accordingly.

In my opinion though the idea of a settlement offer is not about its percentage of the actual amount owed, be it 1%, 30%, or 99%; settlement sum is by definition the payment of a set amount of money to satisfy a pecuniary obligation that might otherwise continue indefinitely. Also in regards to the concerns I have raised, there are specific rules in relating to firms in relation to consumer credit activities that I feel are relevant to my complaint. As directed by the FCA these can be accessed in the Consumer Credit: Conduct of Business Sourcebook (CONC) using the links below: CONC 7.4 Information on status of debts, CONC 7.13 Data accuracy and outsourced activities, CONC 8.10 Conduct of business: providing credit information services.

I feel the firm made a false claim in a communication to a customer to be able to remove negative but accurate entries from a customer's credit. The lender or owner didn't ensure that the continuing existence of the debt and the possibility of the customer being pursued by another firm who purchases the debt was explained in clear terms to the customer. I was in these conditions, why would I not continue with my payment plan - (1) being in financial difficulties; (2) being particularly vulnerable; (3) a repayment plan or forbearance being in place.

After paying the amount I was still approached by Barclays to pay more money. As they said because of their system error. Again a firm should take reasonable steps to seek to ensure that, where it has engaged a third party to recover debts on its behalf, the customer is not subject to multiple approaches by different persons, resulting in repetitive or frequent contact with the customer by different parties. Barclays paid £100 for this and Ombudsman ruled they should pay another £50 to recompensate. Does that recompensate bad credit file for the next several years though?

I recently got approved for a new card and received the card yesterday. When I went to activate it I was told I had to mail in a copy of my driver's license, a utility bill and other identity documentation. Usually this is required before one gets approved not after. I spoke with 4 customer service agents to see if there was an alternate way (other than copying and mailing) to activate the card and was told NO. I have never had issues activating a card. Usually one simply calls a number and 10 seconds later it is activated. Barclays should not be sending out cards where they have not already vetted the applying applicant. This is poor business practice. The card I received has been shredded and I would recommend applicants look to banks other than Barclays.

I called in because somebody stole my credit card. Both of them and fraud department say is my fault. I called. I spoke with somebody at Office of the President and they agree with the fraud department. They told me that my authorized user activated my card and they didn't. That had nothing to do with my card being stolen. Every time I call them I have to argue with them. It shouldn't be like that.

I recently have made several attempts to resolve my account with LL Bean visa. I am experiencing hardship. I asked if I could apply for financial hardship. My income is low right now and I am doing my best to make payments. Barclays LL Bean Visa card has refused to lower my interest and keeps telling me there is nothing available. My account is past due. I am making 100.00 since I cannot afford minimum payment of 400.00 a month. On top of that even if I make a payment they are charging me late fees.

It really is unfair. I hope I find another company that is willing to work with me so I can pay my debt off once and for all. I am so sick of the loyal customer bs, they don't know loyalty. I offered to make arrangement but they are refusing to work with me. I have tried to work with other credit counselors but they cannot help me. It is unfair because I am a responsible person and care about paying my bills. I would not recommend LL Bean Visa card through Barclays Bank. They just have no ways to help customers. They want me to suffer in my status. They told me they would only allow me to go on a hardship plan once I am over 6 months past due. They don't care if I ever pay my debt off. It is just unethical.

After applying for the card, I had the company close my request. These people are total idiots. I was worried that if I took the card, I would have nothing but incompetent issues with the card. I keep a credit block on my account so I can understand that they would want to verify. I am happy with that but these idiots asked for my driver's license and SS card. After I sent them they said they wanted the backs of the cards too. Why didn't they ask for the backs in the first place. When I called to verify my address, a request they made two months after I applied for the card, they said that it wasn't proof that I got their letters at my address and I needed to send utility bills. What idiot gets hard copy utility bills. News flash: everything is done online.

The real stupidity is that Barclays did not request this information within days after I applied with a list of everything that they would want to see instead of sending letter after letter requesting something different. I didn't take the card because I was afraid I would end up with this total nonsense for the entire I have the card. Other companies, like Chase, is on the job 24/7. If anyone even tries to use one of my card they notify me within hours. They protect themselves and me! Thank you Chase! No thank you BARCLAYS!!!!! Barclays is totally incompetent and a waste of time!!!! Do not bother!!!!

I was in the process of applying for a credit card through LUXURYCARD.COM issued by Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclayscard). On two occasions, once in the beginning of the process and once at the end of the credit card process, I asked, "Do you offer a credit decision at the end of this process?" At first I was told, "Yes if you are approved". This answer of yes allowed me to move forward with the application process. At the end of the application process I was again asked, "Do I have authorized to run your information?" I replied yes but once again I asked do I get a decision once it's run. Customer Service Representative replies, "Well it could take up to 5 days for a decision". I reply, "Well that is not what you said in the beginning of this process So CANCEL THIS PROCESS AND DO NOT RUN THIS APPLICATION". She replies ok. Barclays Bank Delaware (Barclayscard) RAN MY CREDIT ANYWAY WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION.

Barclays Bank/Juniper Financial Company Profile