1.51/5

Foothill Ranch, CA

Last updated: April 18, 2018

1117 WEN by Chaz Dean Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2018

I purchased Wen hair products a couple years ago the shampoo and some finishing products. I still have a little shampoo left. My hair is horrible. I noticed for the past year my brush was full of hair. And you can see my scalp in many areas in front. I hardly have any bangs left. They are so thin. The texture of my hair has changed too. It's very lifeless and so thin. I didn't know what was causing this? I stumbled across a review of someone saying Wen products destroyed her hair and it was falling out. I am shocked that QVC sold this product to customers and this is the price I have to pay now having bought it. I am outraged that this happened and I to want to be added on the lawsuit against this company.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I ordered this based on the presentation on QVC. I have short hair that is straight with no curl. I have used this product 3 times and it will be sent back. Within a couple of hours of using it, my hair is greasy, flat and doesn't look clean. I was embarrassed to be at work yesterday because my hair looked so bad. WEN should be ashamed to produce this product and QVC should be ashamed for selling it.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous & Personal Care delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2018

What a shock. Yes I heard about the lawsuit, but since QVC was still selling it, I thought it was just people going after a big company. I have used nothing but Wen for 7 years. About 4 weeks ago my hair suddenly became really dry on the top of my head. Not thinking it was the Wen I started looking at medication, diet etc. Racking my brain to come up with a answer. My Dr had put me on a new medicine at very low dose and increased it about 6 weeks ago, I went off the medicine completely because some had reported hair loss & dryness etc., but their hair seemed to be fine after they stopped this medicine. But my hair has become more dry, brittle, thin by the day.

Since using WEN I only cleanse every 3 to 4 days. So I started researching dry conditioner products, in the meantime I started using WEN replenishing more & more still not thinking it was WEN. After reading all of these reviews... I am throwing away every cleanser, mask, style cream, hair spray, replenisher today, and I have a LOT of stocked up WEN product. Ironically I was researching to see if WEN had any new product for dry brittle hair and I came across this site and I am thankful I did otherwise. Like a lot of users I didn't possibly think WEN was the issue but this many people would not be writing false reviews.

I just hope I have stopped use in time. Recently my scalp has been itching also. I hope they remove WEN from the market. I had a friend that was a big user, she quit WEN not long after the lawsuit news hit big, she just said she needed to use something different, I just thought someone scared her away due to lawsuit, she was the smart one. Like a lot of people I have recommended WEN a lot! I noticed that some users have said they were contacted about the lawsuit but I haven't been notified at all, I wish I had. Again I have only purchased from QVC. I am disappointed that they did not respect their customers enough to have at least sent a notice, not everyone listens to the news.

I have been doing a lot of research for new shampoo, conditioner, hairspray well everything. I will be checking every ingredient and not dismiss lawsuits of this nature. When I think of the effects to my hair and all the money I have spent on WEN, well it just makes me sick. After not even wading through a 1/8th of the reviews... they are so awful I couldn't read one more.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I tried this product 6 years ago (yes 6 years ago). The product was terrible, my daughter's hair began to fall out and I immediately returned the second shipment. And the third. And the fourth. I spent hours on hold or speaking to reps who were ridiculous to work with, but finally the nightmare was over. Until today, when I received a call from a collection agency telling me I never paid the CANCELLATION fee of $98.00. What?! No one ever mentioned a cancellation fee and I never received a bill for it. Now I get to fight this crappy company again. Why would there be a cancellation fee on a month by month product? Even if you like the product (it sucks) you will be unable to get away from these bloodsuckers. If need be I will take appropriate action to stop this harassment.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I used this product (Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Treatment Lemon Rosemary Vanilla Bean) twice last week and my beautiful long thick hair fell out by the handfuls! It is now much thinner and lifeless. What a shock. Do not ever use this product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chez Dean?

Original review: March 3, 2018

I always wanted to use WEN because I had thick hair and natural curly. Since using it my hair is thinning and just wavy. I was just told the other day about WEN hair product causing harm to hair and scalp. I sure hope my hair gets thicker and curl back since I will not be using it any longer.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I have been using WEN shampoo for several years and because I had so much hair didn't notice that my hair was falling out more than normal. Today I have very little hair left and now have to get scalp shots and take medication to help stop any more loss. This man needs to make right what he has done to people and their personal appearance. I would like to get in on the Lawsuit that has been filed against him and his product.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I don't have a clue as to why there are negative reviews regarding hair loss. My hair STOPPED falling out when I started using the 613 cleansing treatment. I think these women had scalp problems that had nothing to do with WEN.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I used Wen hair care products (Wen Pomegranate Shampoo and Conditioner) and over time I lost my hair until I was bald. I have sores on my head and my hair is very thin with bald spots. I used to have thick long beautiful hair. Now it is so bad that I have to wear a hat when I go out. I called the company and was told that their products would never cause hair loss. I was cheated out of my class action suit money because I was never notified for any of the many lawsuits. It has cost me my job and severe emotional stress and depression. I am looking for an attorney to handle a claim against Wen by Chaz Dean. They should of told all of their customers about the hair loss complaints. The judge needs to re-open the class action suit so all of us that never got notified can get compensation. I have spent thousands of dollars to try to get my hair back. I feel so upset over all of this. I will never have my hair back. If anyone can help me please contact me.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Customer service can go lock an ** for quality of care. Apparently if you sign up for anything NO MATTER IF YOU CANCEL they will charge you $$$. The product is complete **. DO NOT PURCHASE ANY WEN PRODUCTS UNLESS YOU FEEL LIKE BEING ** OVER AND FEEL LIKE PAYING FOR IT!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I had used WEN for 6-8 months before I was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. I started chemo which consisted of 2 different chemo. I was told on day 9 I would lose my hair. I considered this a small price to pay for remission. However, I continued using WEN and day 9 came and went with minimal hair loss. The chemo was quite severe for me and I was hospitalized 2 times for decreased blood pressure and damaged kidneys from the chemo. However, I never lost my hair. It did thin some while I was hospitalized, but I did not have my WEN. I can tell you my hair and scalp felt and feel wonderful using WEN. I used WEN frequently because my scalp felt so good with the product on.

I had a diagnosis of chemo-induced dehydration so this hair cleanser was a God sent for me. I believe WEN helped prevent my hair loss. I am in remission for 6 months now and still using WEN. My hair is fuller than it has ever been and soft and healthy. I am truly grateful for this product. The scents are lovely, but for me it was a little miracle and God handled the big miracle of my remission.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I have been reading through the reviews and have been quite disturbed by the amount of negative responses. I have wild thick curly untamed hair and the WEN cleansing creams have been the ONLY product that I have ever found that has helped. I have been using the products for 12 years now (purchased first from TV and now off eBay). In Australia we don't have the option of the full range but I have used 7 different types and 6/7 have been perfect for my hair. The cucumber one my partner uses and his 'hair' is actually 'growing back' not losing it like so many claim.

May I be so bold and suggest that there may be another reason this may be happening other than blaming the product? My hair is waist length, thick and I constantly have new growth as my hairdresser keeps telling me. I also love the fact that it doesn't contain many of the nasties that generic hair products do so there is no concern about putting it on my scalp. I personally give this product 100 stars and won't be changing my routine at all. A very happy user. P.S. Currently using the fig cleansing cream. Love it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Wen Cleansing Conditioner - I purchased this product back in June 2015. Cancelled on Sept 10/15. Used it for about 6 months. My scalp is irritated, itchy my hair like straw and still is, went to my Doctor for help and with the lotions ** which is ** and oil prescriptions ** which is ** (scalp/tropical oil) that I go still has not helped. If anyone out there can help me solve this irritation please, I'm looking for solutions.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I finally decided to try Wen products (conditioning cleanser) last spring (March 2017) and since then I am so pleased with the results. There are many different formulas to choose from, and I found that some did give me better results than others, but overall the products are fantastic. I LOVE what WEN has done for my hair. It costs a little more than shampoo, but it lasts a lot longer and is worth it. Thank you Chaz for a wonderful product.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I too have been affected by Wen Shampoo in a very negative way. I was fortunate to realize the negative effects were the shampoo within 2 uses. Otherwise it may have been a whole lot worse for me. I used it and noticed my hair falling out after initial use. By the second use there was NO DOUBT it was the Wen shampoo. Even after discontinuing use I kept losing hair for months afterward and my scalp was damaged, itchy and irritated. I am someone who had absolutely no problems with my hair before using this shampoo. I had no concerns, no allergies. So these people who claim it's an allergy or vitamin deficiency are completely wrong. I got checked by a specialist and there was nothing wrong with me before the shampoo.

NOW however... although my hair has thankfully stopped falling out by the handfuls... my scalp has never been the same. I still struggle with scalp irritation because of this shampoo. I now have to be extremely careful what shampoo I use. I have to buy expensive chemical free shampoo from the health stores. This shampoo has changed my life forever. Although I have been through hell because of this product. I choose to grow from the experience. I have learned a valuable lesson. Never!! Buy or use a product without doing a little research on it. Find out what you are putting on your hair or skin. Use apps like "think dirty" which allows you to scan your products or EWG to find out what you are allowing on your skin and hair. It's important we buy chemical free products... they are harming us. And if individuals don't make the changes then big companies won't either.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Horrible. I started using WEN. Within 1 week my hair started falling off but didn't think anything it until I noticed bald spots. 1 month of using it did so much damage. Now I need to find a way to grow my hair back since I get married in 4 months. This is not a good thing. I attached before wen picture and after.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Hello I used the product one time. It was the almond conditioner and I didn't like it at all. It left a really heavy feeling in my scalp and hair and was so hard to wash out. I thought it was odd that there was no shampoo and only conditioner product to use. But my sister was the one who always saw the wen hair care products on TV and wanted so bad. She always said she wanted to be a wen girl. She ordered a set for 45.00 and used a few times but didn't really like it. Wasn't all that sucked actually. She didn't have any hair loss or long term damage. Thank god. I don't believe she used it enough.

She now uses it for shaving her legs. If hair wants to fall out because of this crap perfect place to use it. I filed for my sister in the law suit for the 25.00 check for her. Thank god didn't need more. But we never got the check or anything. I just thank god her hair is ok. I believe people should always do research on anything they see on TV before they place a order especially with hair products. I'm sorry for all the women who lost their beautiful hair because of this ** product. I have thin hair myself and Wear wigs so understand the struggle. I just hope everyone affect by this awful products seeks justice. Don't use ever.

Original review: July 15, 2017

My experience using WEN was fine. I mean it didn't fix my split ends but my hair did look healthier, everyone would say how much better my hair looked. It felt softer as well. I only stop using it because the credit card they had on file became cancelled and I never updated it. Been wanting to get it again but after reading some of these reviews I'm scared. Maybe most likely the formulas have changed since I finished the bottles I had. However this was also between 2014-16, so anyone who reviews are complaining. Having problems before that I don't understand how so many are having the same problems. Maybe I'm one of the few exceptions who isn't harmed by the formula, that is if it hasn't changed. Still, I'm concerned about having the same results as apparently so many others. To all of you who have experienced negative results, worst of them, hair loss, I am so sorry that happened and hope you are able to reverse/restore the damage.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I have rang this company three times. I have written to this company and returned the unopened parcel. I advised this company months ago to stop sending me their products. This company has taken money from my account to the value of £59.99. I am being fobbed off and my letters ignored. They promise to call you back and they don't but keep taking your money. My next call is to my bank. Hopefully they can help me.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I purchased this product on the 3rd of a June. I love the way it made my hair feel and I have med length hair but the next I comb my hair are run my fingers thru my I was being a lot of my hair. My hair was thick and full. Now it thin as paper and there is not much I can do and I have to wear a wig and I hate wigs.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I started with Wen about 4 years ago. I have frizzy, curly hair that I blow dry and straighten daily. There has been a huge improvement in the condition of my hair since I started with Wen. I highly recommend it.

Original review: June 17, 2017

My first time using WEN my scalp burned. The next day it still burned and itched. Felt good for the day. I used it as far as softness. The next day it was dry and still burned in spots. Waited 3 days and used my regular shampoo and conditioner. Still burns a bit but looks and feels so much better. I also had a very small lump on my head for over 30 yrs. Never bothered me so I left it alone. Dr said as long as it didn't grow it would be ok. My scalp seems red and tender from one use. I may be paranoid but the lump feels bigger. Now I'm terrified what else will become of this. I hope I have no more difficulties. My friend swears by this product and I appreciate she gave it to me but I will no longer use it. I hope they continue investigating this product.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I started to used this cleansing conditioner last year on February 2016 after my best friend got me 2 bottles of Summer Honey Peach. So last year I ask my husband to buy me 3 bottles of this same product on sale on QVC. I starting to notice how much hair I was losing so I thought it was my diet, I keep using this horrible cleansing until I stumble with this terrible reviews some months ago. I called QVC to complain but they did nothing, I got pictures to show. I'm Hispanic with long hair but now my long ponytail got so thin and ugly, I have bald spots. I'm so depressed. Is there any suggestions on how to get my hair to the normal shape it was?

Original review: May 24, 2017

I found WEN about two years ago and wasn't impressed by the performance so I quit using it. Since I have had issues with thinning over the years I didn't pay attention to whether or not I was having any major issues at the time. But it WAS when I was using ** to try regrowing thin spots on my crown. However, since my hair didn't do anything miraculous I stopped using it and went back to shampoo. Recently, I've been having major issues with rashes when I wash my hair and my face gets a horrid rash anywhere shampoo residue touches - I was going to pull out the WEN and use it to see if I can avoid the irritation. After reading all these reviews and reading about the horrid experiences I've decided to keep looking. I'm afraid to use the stuff again!!

Original review: May 17, 2017

I ordered Wen cleansing conditioner from The Shopping Channel, Canada. What a disappointing line of products. I ended up being told by a dermatologist to stop using the wen products. My scalp was raw and where my part meets my bangs I was going bald. I have Psoriatic arthritis and was told I had bad scalp and raw ears, all started after the wen. I have bottles still full of a bad product, that is bad for your hair and skin. The lawsuit should go through. It made my long hair thin and lifeless.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Back in 2008 or 09 or 2010, not sure when I had first ordered the product I had thinking but I ran out of WEN shampoo and didn't think anything of it until now. But in Sept 2015 I ordered the product again from a TV channel show. I got 2 kinds and when I received it I started using it. Not all the time though. But after about 3 to 6 months I noticed my hair falling out. Not a lot at first but as time went on it got worse and worse. In the summer I would used the oil and the back of my head would be horribly itchy. I thought it was because of sweat. So I stopped and in Jan of 2017 I used it again and the same thing happened again so I stopped using all of the products.

I started doing over the counter hair growing products hoping it would come back. I seen a dermatologist today and she told me I have chronic scalp irritation and there are spots on the back of my head that have no hair and I wasn't even aware of. Now I have 3 meds. I have to do 2 everyday and 1 every other. Hopefully in 2 months when I go back to see her I will have baby fine hair starting to grow back.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I am sad to say that I am also a victim (my granddaughter as well) of WEN hair care products. I purchased 2011 for me and my granddaughter. After using the product for a little while me and my granddaughter experienced hair loss and breakage. I have regained the greater portion of my locks however, my granddaughter still struggles with her hair texture and growth. I had great hopes and really wanted to believe the "stars" and the reviews they age.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I received the Wen Hair products. Within a day scalp irritation almost instantly. In a week loss of hair all over, bald burning with bloody itching spots. Wen cleansing conditioner destroyed my thick black hair. Worst company ever. Had total hair loss on contact with this product. My whole family has their hair. My 99 year old grandmother currently passed and had a full head of hair. Italian blooded people don’t usually go bald, not in my family. I used to work out, be sociable and wasn’t embarrassed to go out in public. Now I pay out the ** for a ** psychiatrist who has me on anti-depressant, addictive anti-anxiety meds, sleep meds which cause ataxia and my life has become hell.

These evil people should be forced to be bathed in their product day and night. Then be cast in the lake of fire or all damnation. To experience their corrupt ways for greed for hurting innocent unsuspecting people. To have unsafe levels of chemical, this is not acceptable. That ** on Shark Tank she be held responsible too. ** and her magic broom, guess she is a witch, bet she hasn’t offered a dime of her hundreds of millions. My family is related to the Genovese Family. I better see a ** check. I could give a ** about jail, why? Because I’m ** stupid, that’s what you did to me, made a monster and there is nothing I give a ** but seeking justice. So when you get a knock or gift think twice about what you say or do.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I used Sweet Almond Mint, hair cleansing cream daily for 2 months before I noticed my hair falling out. My hair was also very shiny and bouncy. I lost handfuls of hair from the roots during the four year length of time I used WEN. Four months after stopping WEN my hair had ceased to fall out. Call me crazy, but this is scientific proof!

Original review: April 6, 2017

The product had a very negative reaction with my hair. It made it very oily and when I was using it I had lost a lot of my hair. My hair is not healthier and I still have a lot of dry split ends. When I tried to cancel my order which was in their warehouse they said, "We can't get to the shipment and cancel your order. We will send you a return shipment label that should get there before the shipment and then you can return it for a refund." What they did not tell me at the time was that I was getting a partial refund and not the full refund. I am very upset because companies are so quick to take your money out, but not so quick about making the refunds. I am upset because the partial refund is not what I should be owed. They got asked before the shipment even went out.

I worked at many companies and when the customer told/asked me to pull their shipment out I did so. I have never met a company that has such bad ethics and customer service. I felt like my business was not worth it to them and I was not treated like a customer should be. I have bent over backwards for each of my customers at Caldor's Inc, Walmart, Northeast Graphics and as a nurse I bend over backwards for my clientele all the time. No matter how I truly feel they are the customers and they are always right. Please go somewhere else for your shampoo and products. DO NOT waste your time with this company. You will be sad you did.

WEN by Chaz Dean Company Information