1.52/5
Based on 1,138 ratings

Foothill Ranch, CA

1139 WEN by Chaz Dean Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 1, 2019

I have been using Wen cleansing conditioner for many years and I absolutely LOVE it. I have tried several different scents and have had no problem with any of them. I have recently been also using the cherry blossom mousse and Bella Spirit Indigo. I also have been using for many years the replenishing spray which I love because it has repaired the dryness and frizz I have trouble with. I use my replenishing spray up to 3 times a day. I want to also try the lip products and other new items. Chaz I have to also put this in here. You are the most kind and humble person as I follow you live daily. You deserve all the good things in life. My mom is 88 and also a Wen lady for many years. She has not put the dreaded word shampoo in her hair for years. Chaz does not like that word. Lol. She even keeps Wen at her hair stylist for when she goes to get her hair done. I WILL ALWAYS BE A WEN GIRL!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I received the Wen Fig Cleansing Conditioner as a gift. I heard all of the horror stories and was seriously hesitant to start using it. I figured if I kept a watch for any of these horrifying issues that might come up, I would be able to stop using it in time. Well, the total opposite happened. My hair has never been more beautiful and I actually have less hair fall. My hair is consistently smoother from roots to ends and it looks and feels thicker!

I am 60 years old and in my lifetime I have purchased thousands and thousands of dollars trying to find a shampoo, conditioner and styling product that would make my hair just look decent. Constant fails. I cannot say enough how thrilled I am with this product. I honestly have no idea where these bad reviews are coming from. How could any of these people let their hair get to the point that they say it got to from using Wen? If you're losing tons of hair, wouldn't you stop using the product that goes on your head before you go bald? It's just common sense. I will continue to buy this product for the rest of my days because there is nothing out there that compares to Wen Fig. I thank the man that gave us this product.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Starting using Wen in 2005-2017. Best product I used. Never ever had a problem. I used most of his products. And I loved them. Was actually on auto delivery. So I was stocked. In fact I have a couple people one of his bottles as a gift. The only reason I stopped using Wen for a yr. was financial issues. May of this year started using Wen again. My hair looked better, kept my color longer. Love the different fragrances. And will continue to use Wen.

Original review: July 14, 2019

This stuff was NOT worth it!!! I did NOT like the "icy cold" feeling on my scalp and the cream left my hair "PASTY" and unsmooth making a wide toothed comb difficult to pull through my hair. My daughter gave it to me for mother's day, so I don't know WHAT it cost her. I have it back to her and told her thank you, but it wasn't for me. (It was the thought that counts though.)

Original review: July 9, 2019

A few years ago I bought Wen online. I used it for a few weeks before noticing an itch and burning sensation on my scalp, red dry spots falling from my scalp and I lost more hair in a few weeks than in years before I used it. I have a bald spot, my hair is thinner it's ever been. I am only 60 but feel I have the hair of a 90 year old. I discontinued using the product but they kept sending me refills (they don't tell you there is an automatic refill). I called the company and after arguing with a arrogant customer service agent for several minutes they agreed to cancel my order for good. I will never buy Wen again. I joined the agreement to stand by others like me and show this company they cannot sell dangerous crap and get away with it! By the way my name is Pierre. I live in the city of Laval in the province of Quebec.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chez Dean?

Original review: July 6, 2019

I'm feeling very worried about this brand now when I look back... I started using this product in 2010 and I was so impressed, I blow dried and styled which was all new to me and even took photos to show it off. In less than a year I was shedding and my hair had 'dried out' to the point I look like Einstein (even after I have washed & conditioned back using regular salon products). My hair is also thinned out at the back and my hair just never recovered. This should not have happened in my early 30s, I should not have had the hair of a 90 yr old. I had kept using these products for several years without realizing that was the problem. My hair continues to have all these problems several years after no more use. :/

Original review: May 27, 2019

EVERYTHING THAT GLITTERS ISN'T GOLD! First and foremost I have been a faithful WEN user for several years. I've been a huge advocate for this company. My hair beauticians, co-workers, friends and family were all sold on Wen cleansing conditioners. Unfortunately, due to cost I was the only one from my inner circle that continued to use Wen products. A blessing in disguise for them. I'm set up on auto shipment via QVC. I also have almost every holiday scent and formula sitting in my hair cabinet at this very moment. I'm OCD when it comes to the TLC of my hair care. I take really good care of my hair and body. This is something that my mother passed on to me since childhood. My hair is something that has always immediately stood out. I took such pride in my hair care routine, products, and hair journey. Yes! I agree with all of the women who are first time users; your hair is feeling and looking amazing.

My hair was fabulous the first year or two, maybe even three. That's the build-up, now the teardown. To all of my beautiful queens and princesses standing on the other side of the room now experiencing extreme shedding, hair loss by the clumps, bald patches, irritated, burning, or damaged scalp I now stand with you being ten plus years in. For the first time in my life as a female I can no longer hold my head high and walk with confidence. Because my hair was always so long, thick, and healthy I was clueless to what was quietly going on. The Wen cleansing conditioners has been taking my hair out like a patient slow Trojan horse. The signs were always there. I just thought it was normal. I recently had to chop off about 5 1/2 inches due to the uneven stands breaking off. This was my wake up call.

The middle, back, and right side of my head is so thin you can actually see my scalp. I have several red patches of rashes on my scalp. And now my hair is so weak and thin. I keep a detailed hair journal and write down everything that touches my hair, the foods I eat, vitamins, down to the environment my hair and body has been exposed to. Process of elimination! Even when my sister told me a while back about the lawsuit I still didn't have a clue because that couldn't happen to me. Right!? Wrong! It can and it did happen to me. I know we as people can get so busy and tied down with the hustle and bustle of life. We're always on the go and we sometimes don't pay attention to little subtle changes with our bodies.

But PLEASE be warned, something is not right with these products we're placing onto our skin. This company is not telling us the full truth. What will it take for us to open our eyes and listen to all prior forewarnings? Another Erin Brockovich movie? "You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you can not fool all the people all the time." Wake up!!!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I was put into an automatic program without realizing it, when I cancelled and returned my products I didn’t order I paid 12 $ plus. When I was refunded finally they also deducted 12$ plus from shipping. I will never deal with this company again!!!! It's too bad the product is good but they surely do not care about their long time customers. I paid over 25$ and got nothing.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Wen is making my hair fall out in shocking amounts of massive clumps! I only used it every other day for 3 weeks. My scalp is on fire with itching. I have a severe red rash. There was a class action lawsuit because of this. I didn't think it could happen to me. How dumb I was. My head is on fire and the amount of hair falling out is very upsetting and shocking. I stopped using it and my hair is still coming out in gigantic clumps! BEWARE!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Yes I using Wen shampoo. Love it. But all sudden my hair was falling out. Went out. Bought Nioxin. Used for about year. Hair came back. Not sure what was that made my hair fall out, only thing using was Wen shampoo. I feel bad. Chaz Dean seem like really nice person.

WEN by Chaz Dean Company Information