WEN by Chaz Dean

WEN by Chaz Dean
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.53/5
Based on 1,148 ratings

WEN by Chaz Dean Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chaz Dean?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chez Dean?

Original review: July 14, 2020

I’ve been a licensed cosmetologist for 9 years, so I’ve always had the high end stuff on hand. My hair has become thicker, wavier, and very dry and tangle prone In the last few years. I’ve been wanting to enhance the natural curl pattern and eliminate blow drying and flat ironing. This is the only stuff that gives my hair what it needs. Literally everything else that is a Standard shampoo destroys my hair...completely breaks down the moisture balance, then I spend 10 minutes ripping through the tangles with heavy hair masks. Yes, I’m saying this to salon shampoos as well. Doesn’t matter if they’re vegan, organic, sulfate free or whatever. I spend way less time washing my hair with Wen, and don’t need a million other products to compensate for my hair feeling dry and tangled. I used to wash my hair once a week because it was such a time consuming thing. Now I can make hair washing a part of a daily shower.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I love this daily shampoo/conditioner. I have waist long blond hair and it can tangle so easily that I was trying thicker conditioners by the month. I even tried using olive oil and mayonnaise to see if I could stop the tangling! But then a friend suggested WEN and it is great. I can survive 2 days without shampooing and definitely the tangles are not happening. My hair is shiny, soft and beautiful. Love it!

Get buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I’m in Australia and we have no access to these amazing products anymore, it’s been many years and I really miss it. It fixed my hair from breakage, falling out due to hormones, etc. This product is beneficial and I’m just so upset for the company. I’m embarrassed to be Australian as I think the initial complaint came from here. My hair misses you WEN. Please come back. LA.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I purchased the fall ginger pumpkin cleansing conditioner from QVC. I've been using about 2 months. My hair did feel softer but was still frizzy. In the past week I've noticed little pimples all over my scalp that are itchy. Now I have scabs. Never using again. Thank God I haven't noticed hair loss.

Original review: May 23, 2020

This company went out of business several years ago due to complaints that their products caused or contributed to hair loss. Although I did not experience this problem, I have very dry hair and wanted a non-shampoo hair cleanser. I still wound up with dry hair that felt unwashed! It didn’t really solve my issues. What’s more, the company would send more shipments than I could use in a month. By the time I called them up to see if I could return the shipment, they told me I had just exceeded the deadline for returns. I then cancelled the subscription. This has since soured me on subscribing to any beauty box services. I prefer to pick and choose my own products as I need them, thank you very much.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

My hair progressively started falling out when I started using the WEN product line. It worked great in this dry San Diego dry environment but everyday more hair in my hairbrush! Finally a balding spot stopped me. As soon as I stopped using it, my hairbrush stopped being full of hair. Do not use it.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

At first, it did great! But after a few months of using Wen, my hair is falling out by the hand full! Wish I would have found this info sooner! What if it never grows back? I'm even afraid to brush my hair anymore but I do. I'm not one to splurge on expensive products and was happy to get my Wen from QVC. Not anymore! Looks like my next purchase is Rogaine!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I used WEN for years and I loved it. I ordered several times. So when the complaints came up, it didn't bother me because I had good experiences. So, I ordered again, although hesitant to do so. About a month and a half after using it my hairdresser asked me about a small bald spot. I ignored her thinking it may be a minor issue.

My hair only got worse because I based everything on my past positive experience. Once I realized that I had cut back on blow-drying, did very little flat ironing and was taking my vitamins, there was one other thing that I was doing consistently...using WEN. There was no other product that I used consistently. I have about 6 small bald spots. My hair is more damaged than it has ever been in my entire life. I wish I would have eliminated this months ago. I just hope that the damage is not permanent.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

My hair is medium to thick. My scalp is normal. I've used Wen hair cleansers for over a decade. I use about five different kinds. I always have lavender, fig & pomegranate on hand. I have never had a problem, and I went 3-4 yrs without using anything but Wen. Today, and for the last 4 yrs, I use a regular shampoo from Aveda once a week after the comments about getting a good clean in. Sometimes I use vinegar to strip any junk build up.

My friend used it, who has the same hair type. But she had hair loss. She asked me if I had the problem, I said no. The difference between us is that she always has a sensitive scalp. She had to stop coloring her hair because of it. But after she stopped using Wen the hair loss stopped although she was still coloring her hair. I think it has to do with your scalp condition.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Used Wen about 5 years ago. After about 2 months my hair started falling out daily when I washed or combed it. I lost most of my hair, had an extremely itchy scalp, burning pain as well. I had steroid shots to attempt repair, they helped but my hair grew back thinner, wiry, fuzzy terrible. This was a brutal experience and I warn anyone DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT!!!!

WEN by Chaz Dean Company Information