WEN by Chaz Dean
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

WEN by Chaz Dean

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 26, 2017

1107 WEN by Chaz Dean Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I had used WEN for 6-8 months before I was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. I started chemo which consisted of 2 different chemo. I was told on day 9 I would lose my hair. I considered this a small price to pay for remission. However, I continued using WEN and day 9 came and went with minimal hair loss. The chemo was quite severe for me and I was hospitalized 2 times for decreased blood pressure and damaged kidneys from the chemo. However, I never lost my hair. It did thin some while I was hospitalized, but I did not have my WEN. I can tell you my hair and scalp felt and feel wonderful using WEN. I used WEN frequently because my scalp felt so good with the product on.

I had a diagnosis of chemo-induced dehydration so this hair cleanser was a God sent for me. I believe WEN helped prevent my hair loss. I am in remission for 6 months now and still using WEN. My hair is fuller than it has ever been and soft and healthy. I am truly grateful for this product. The scents are lovely, but for me it was a little miracle and God handled the big miracle of my remission.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I have been reading through the reviews and have been quite disturbed by the amount of negative responses. I have wild thick curly untamed hair and the WEN cleansing creams have been the ONLY product that I have ever found that has helped. I have been using the products for 12 years now (purchased first from TV and now off eBay). In Australia we don't have the option of the full range but I have used 7 different types and 6/7 have been perfect for my hair. The cucumber one my partner uses and his 'hair' is actually 'growing back' not losing it like so many claim.

May I be so bold and suggest that there may be another reason this may be happening other than blaming the product? My hair is waist length, thick and I constantly have new growth as my hairdresser keeps telling me. I also love the fact that it doesn't contain many of the nasties that generic hair products do so there is no concern about putting it on my scalp. I personally give this product 100 stars and won't be changing my routine at all. A very happy user. P.S. Currently using the fig cleansing cream. Love it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Wen Cleansing Conditioner - I purchased this product back in June 2015. Cancelled on Sept 10/15. Used it for about 6 months. My scalp is irritated, itchy my hair like straw and still is, went to my Doctor for help and with the lotions ** which is ** and oil prescriptions ** which is ** (scalp/tropical oil) that I go still has not helped. If anyone out there can help me solve this irritation please, I'm looking for solutions.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I finally decided to try Wen products (conditioning cleanser) last spring (March 2017) and since then I am so pleased with the results. There are many different formulas to choose from, and I found that some did give me better results than others, but overall the products are fantastic. I LOVE what WEN has done for my hair. It costs a little more than shampoo, but it lasts a lot longer and is worth it. Thank you Chaz for a wonderful product.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I too have been affected by Wen Shampoo in a very negative way. I was fortunate to realize the negative effects were the shampoo within 2 uses. Otherwise it may have been a whole lot worse for me. I used it and noticed my hair falling out after initial use. By the second use there was NO DOUBT it was the Wen shampoo. Even after discontinuing use I kept losing hair for months afterward and my scalp was damaged, itchy and irritated. I am someone who had absolutely no problems with my hair before using this shampoo. I had no concerns, no allergies. So these people who claim it's an allergy or vitamin deficiency are completely wrong. I got checked by a specialist and there was nothing wrong with me before the shampoo.

NOW however... although my hair has thankfully stopped falling out by the handfuls... my scalp has never been the same. I still struggle with scalp irritation because of this shampoo. I now have to be extremely careful what shampoo I use. I have to buy expensive chemical free shampoo from the health stores. This shampoo has changed my life forever. Although I have been through hell because of this product. I choose to grow from the experience. I have learned a valuable lesson. Never!! Buy or use a product without doing a little research on it. Find out what you are putting on your hair or skin. Use apps like "think dirty" which allows you to scan your products or EWG to find out what you are allowing on your skin and hair. It's important we buy chemical free products... they are harming us. And if individuals don't make the changes then big companies won't either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chez Dean?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Horrible. I started using WEN. Within 1 week my hair started falling off but didn't think anything it until I noticed bald spots. 1 month of using it did so much damage. Now I need to find a way to grow my hair back since I get married in 4 months. This is not a good thing. I attached before wen picture and after.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Hello I used the product one time. It was the almond conditioner and I didn't like it at all. It left a really heavy feeling in my scalp and hair and was so hard to wash out. I thought it was odd that there was no shampoo and only conditioner product to use. But my sister was the one who always saw the wen hair care products on TV and wanted so bad. She always said she wanted to be a wen girl. She ordered a set for 45.00 and used a few times but didn't really like it. Wasn't all that sucked actually. She didn't have any hair loss or long term damage. Thank god. I don't believe she used it enough.

She now uses it for shaving her legs. If hair wants to fall out because of this crap perfect place to use it. I filed for my sister in the law suit for the 25.00 check for her. Thank god didn't need more. But we never got the check or anything. I just thank god her hair is ok. I believe people should always do research on anything they see on TV before they place a order especially with hair products. I'm sorry for all the women who lost their beautiful hair because of this ** product. I have thin hair myself and Wear wigs so understand the struggle. I just hope everyone affect by this awful products seeks justice. Don't use ever.

Original review: July 15, 2017

My experience using WEN was fine. I mean it didn't fix my split ends but my hair did look healthier, everyone would say how much better my hair looked. It felt softer as well. I only stop using it because the credit card they had on file became cancelled and I never updated it. Been wanting to get it again but after reading some of these reviews I'm scared. Maybe most likely the formulas have changed since I finished the bottles I had. However this was also between 2014-16, so anyone who reviews are complaining. Having problems before that I don't understand how so many are having the same problems. Maybe I'm one of the few exceptions who isn't harmed by the formula, that is if it hasn't changed. Still, I'm concerned about having the same results as apparently so many others. To all of you who have experienced negative results, worst of them, hair loss, I am so sorry that happened and hope you are able to reverse/restore the damage.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I have rang this company three times. I have written to this company and returned the unopened parcel. I advised this company months ago to stop sending me their products. This company has taken money from my account to the value of £59.99. I am being fobbed off and my letters ignored. They promise to call you back and they don't but keep taking your money. My next call is to my bank. Hopefully they can help me.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I purchased this product on the 3rd of a June. I love the way it made my hair feel and I have med length hair but the next I comb my hair are run my fingers thru my I was being a lot of my hair. My hair was thick and full. Now it thin as paper and there is not much I can do and I have to wear a wig and I hate wigs.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I started with Wen about 4 years ago. I have frizzy, curly hair that I blow dry and straighten daily. There has been a huge improvement in the condition of my hair since I started with Wen. I highly recommend it.

Original review: June 17, 2017

My first time using WEN my scalp burned. The next day it still burned and itched. Felt good for the day. I used it as far as softness. The next day it was dry and still burned in spots. Waited 3 days and used my regular shampoo and conditioner. Still burns a bit but looks and feels so much better. I also had a very small lump on my head for over 30 yrs. Never bothered me so I left it alone. Dr said as long as it didn't grow it would be ok. My scalp seems red and tender from one use. I may be paranoid but the lump feels bigger. Now I'm terrified what else will become of this. I hope I have no more difficulties. My friend swears by this product and I appreciate she gave it to me but I will no longer use it. I hope they continue investigating this product.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I started to used this cleansing conditioner last year on February 2016 after my best friend got me 2 bottles of Summer Honey Peach. So last year I ask my husband to buy me 3 bottles of this same product on sale on QVC. I starting to notice how much hair I was losing so I thought it was my diet, I keep using this horrible cleansing until I stumble with this terrible reviews some months ago. I called QVC to complain but they did nothing, I got pictures to show. I'm Hispanic with long hair but now my long ponytail got so thin and ugly, I have bald spots. I'm so depressed. Is there any suggestions on how to get my hair to the normal shape it was?

Original review: May 24, 2017

I found WEN about two years ago and wasn't impressed by the performance so I quit using it. Since I have had issues with thinning over the years I didn't pay attention to whether or not I was having any major issues at the time. But it WAS when I was using ** to try regrowing thin spots on my crown. However, since my hair didn't do anything miraculous I stopped using it and went back to shampoo. Recently, I've been having major issues with rashes when I wash my hair and my face gets a horrid rash anywhere shampoo residue touches - I was going to pull out the WEN and use it to see if I can avoid the irritation. After reading all these reviews and reading about the horrid experiences I've decided to keep looking. I'm afraid to use the stuff again!!

Original review: May 17, 2017

I ordered Wen cleansing conditioner from The Shopping Channel, Canada. What a disappointing line of products. I ended up being told by a dermatologist to stop using the wen products. My scalp was raw and where my part meets my bangs I was going bald. I have Psoriatic arthritis and was told I had bad scalp and raw ears, all started after the wen. I have bottles still full of a bad product, that is bad for your hair and skin. The lawsuit should go through. It made my long hair thin and lifeless.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Back in 2008 or 09 or 2010, not sure when I had first ordered the product I had thinking but I ran out of WEN shampoo and didn't think anything of it until now. But in Sept 2015 I ordered the product again from a TV channel show. I got 2 kinds and when I received it I started using it. Not all the time though. But after about 3 to 6 months I noticed my hair falling out. Not a lot at first but as time went on it got worse and worse. In the summer I would used the oil and the back of my head would be horribly itchy. I thought it was because of sweat. So I stopped and in Jan of 2017 I used it again and the same thing happened again so I stopped using all of the products.

I started doing over the counter hair growing products hoping it would come back. I seen a dermatologist today and she told me I have chronic scalp irritation and there are spots on the back of my head that have no hair and I wasn't even aware of. Now I have 3 meds. I have to do 2 everyday and 1 every other. Hopefully in 2 months when I go back to see her I will have baby fine hair starting to grow back.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I am sad to say that I am also a victim (my granddaughter as well) of WEN hair care products. I purchased 2011 for me and my granddaughter. After using the product for a little while me and my granddaughter experienced hair loss and breakage. I have regained the greater portion of my locks however, my granddaughter still struggles with her hair texture and growth. I had great hopes and really wanted to believe the "stars" and the reviews they age.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I received the Wen Hair products. Within a day scalp irritation almost instantly. In a week loss of hair all over, bald burning with bloody itching spots. Wen cleansing conditioner destroyed my thick black hair. Worst company ever. Had total hair loss on contact with this product. My whole family has their hair. My 99 year old grandmother currently passed and had a full head of hair. Italian blooded people don’t usually go bald, not in my family. I used to work out, be sociable and wasn’t embarrassed to go out in public. Now I pay out the ** for a ** psychiatrist who has me on anti-depressant, addictive anti-anxiety meds, sleep meds which cause ataxia and my life has become hell.

These evil people should be forced to be bathed in their product day and night. Then be cast in the lake of fire or all damnation. To experience their corrupt ways for greed for hurting innocent unsuspecting people. To have unsafe levels of chemical, this is not acceptable. That ** on Shark Tank she be held responsible too. ** and her magic broom, guess she is a witch, bet she hasn’t offered a dime of her hundreds of millions. My family is related to the Genovese Family. I better see a ** check. I could give a ** about jail, why? Because I’m ** stupid, that’s what you did to me, made a monster and there is nothing I give a ** but seeking justice. So when you get a knock or gift think twice about what you say or do.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I used Sweet Almond Mint, hair cleansing cream daily for 2 months before I noticed my hair falling out. My hair was also very shiny and bouncy. I lost handfuls of hair from the roots during the four year length of time I used WEN. Four months after stopping WEN my hair had ceased to fall out. Call me crazy, but this is scientific proof!

Original review: April 6, 2017

The product had a very negative reaction with my hair. It made it very oily and when I was using it I had lost a lot of my hair. My hair is not healthier and I still have a lot of dry split ends. When I tried to cancel my order which was in their warehouse they said, "We can't get to the shipment and cancel your order. We will send you a return shipment label that should get there before the shipment and then you can return it for a refund." What they did not tell me at the time was that I was getting a partial refund and not the full refund. I am very upset because companies are so quick to take your money out, but not so quick about making the refunds. I am upset because the partial refund is not what I should be owed. They got asked before the shipment even went out.

I worked at many companies and when the customer told/asked me to pull their shipment out I did so. I have never met a company that has such bad ethics and customer service. I felt like my business was not worth it to them and I was not treated like a customer should be. I have bent over backwards for each of my customers at Caldor's Inc, Walmart, Northeast Graphics and as a nurse I bend over backwards for my clientele all the time. No matter how I truly feel they are the customers and they are always right. Please go somewhere else for your shampoo and products. DO NOT waste your time with this company. You will be sad you did.

Original review: March 27, 2017

I've been using Wen for a year now. However, it wasn't until recently that I've notice my hair to fall out in massive quantities. I didn't understand why until now. I used a different shampoo the last time and nearly as much hair fell out. I won't be using this shampoo anymore... I use it in my girl's hair too and notice lots of breakage as well. Since using a different shampoo our hair seems to be doing better however I have not gotten it back under control completely yet. It's going to be a process but glad I figured this out before bald spots.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I used WEN for a while when I used to purchased it from QVC at least 3 years approximately. While I was using it I noticed my hair thinning and every time used it after combing my hair I always see a good amount of hair in my hand after passing. Months of using WEN I really couldn't think that WEN was the reason so I made an appo to see my family Dr and told her about why my hair is falling and never have in my life lost that much. One day I was telling one of my sisters about what's going on with me. She mentions about how many woman losing their hair because they are using WEN so I told her it happened to me. I am losing a bunch of hair every time I take a shower.

So I stopped using WEN and I called QVC, told them I want to return some WEN product that I purchased. I had purchased at that time gallon so they accept my return but since then really I saw huge difference in my hair, how it change, and little by little I began to eyes a difference but my right side of my hair almost I was bald. Now it's getting a lot better so I just feel I had to write this review because I suffer for a period of time.

Original review: March 23, 2017

See our story on youtube! Hair loss on contact, 10 year old girl, not recovered after 2.5 years. Wen cleansing conditioner destroyed our happy life. Worst gift ever. My little girl had total hair loss on contact with this product. A more complete story is also in a facebook album. I believe it to have unsafe levels of chemicals. This is not a "build up" thing. Only twice was it used on her entire head. 100% hair loss. 2.5 years later still only 2/3rds of her head has hair, and it has probably triggered hair issues for life. Her story was also featured in the New York Times and I spoke on Capitol Hill in DC at multiple events, and her story was shared in a senate committee hearing. I'm an introvert, and I hate politics, so you know I'm not making this story up!

Original review: March 23, 2017

I am so glad I stumbled upon this discussion forum. For the longest time I thought my hair was betraying me. I had first saw Wen and totally feel in love with the results I saw. I quickly ordered it. I love don't the smell, the soft texture of my hair and it did look very healthy. But after every single wash I noticed I had this leftover buildup. I initially thought I must not be washing it out correctly, so I would scrub the heck out of my head. Still nothing. If you read the instructions, it recommended you apply in three section with about 2-3 pumps per section... That's a lot of product! So, I thought, maybe I'll just use less... yet still I had greasy hair. Then I thought maybe it is my hair, and it is so dirty that Wen isn't reaching all the areas.

Regardless... I was not happy. I called and explained my problem and received my money back. A few years later I thought I'd give it one more try, may I was doing it wrong. So this time when I received Wen I was determined, yet again! Greasy build up. I called again, and returned the product, my money back, and filed a complaint. The representative told me to try washing your hair with shampoo after... Hello!!! Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose!? Needless to say, I am not a fan.

So to all the individuals who suffered hair loss I am so sorry. But I highly recommend you check up on and do research on MONAT!! After Wen I was discouraged and believed nothing. Until I found Monat. Absolutely 100% clinically tested and proven!! To stop hair loss and promote hair growth! ABSOLUTELY no chemicals! MONAT fixes the damage from all of the horrible shampoos, conditioners and products. I encourage you to do research too! Not one single, bad, review. 1% return rate. Go check it out and read up on it and see if MONAT can help you.

Original review: March 11, 2017

I have been a Wen girl for over 12 years and noticed that the formula must have changed. I used all the products and in the past 5 years something is different. Is it me? Or the product? Is my life that stressed out that my hair is forming a bald spot that even my kids notice? At 64 years of age my hair is thin and lifeless. Unlike other consumers fortunately I don't have itchy scalp but a noticeable growing bald spot on the top and sides of my head.

I stopped using Wen products and shampooed and conditioned with Pantene just one time and the hair looks so much fuller and even my husband noticed. And he said he noticed years ago that my hair was thinning but didn't want to hurt my feelings and tell me so. Will keep you posted on the next couple of months and see if my hair grows back. I agree with so many other customers, how can QVC and their great reputation allow these products to be on their channel? Use this with caution. Seems there are more negatives than positive comments on these products.

Original review: March 10, 2017

I bought the trial package. They will keep sending products for over $145 every month... UPS left package at my door when I was not home. I returned products and they keep billing me!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: March 7, 2017

I purchased Wen hair care products from QVC March 2015. I used it for about 4 months. I started to notice scalp irritation almost instantly. I assumed the irritation was caused by sleeping with my hair wet overnight. The burning and itching became so bad that my scalp would bleed. The raw scalp and open sores became even worse with every wash. Within a month I noticed clumps of hair pooling by the drain, tangled in my fingers when washing my hair, and larger than normal hair accumulation on my hair brush. It became painful just to lay my head on my pillow. I stopped using the Wen hair care products within 2 months of purchasing and threw it all away. I was extreme not disappointed with the money I spent, the horrible reaction and the hair loss. I sent multiple e-mails to http://www.wen.com/contact-us with very generic replies. I also contacted Consumer Affairs, QVC and Better Business Bureau.

Imagine your frustration and embarrassment when your beautiful long hair turns into a thin, brittle, dull, patchy disaster. My whole scalp was red and burning to the point I couldn't even go out in the sun without a hat, or into a swimming pool, or go out on my family's boat. This has caused me so much anxiety and stress. I have become depressed and rarely go out anymore. I was supposed to go on a 10 day cruise this past fall but I canceled due to my insecurities. I am so disgusted and angry that this is happening.

Original review: March 5, 2017

Two years ago after seeing an ad on craigslist for 3 bottles of Wen hair product and other misc Wen products at a price I couldn't refuse I jumped at the chance to have hair like the T.V. ads, reviews, commercials they talked about but the product was expensive, so I bought off of Craigslist at a reasonable price. This was in June and by September, my hair started to fall out, scalp was itchy and became very sensitive, like scratching a sunburn. I stopped using Wen then. The itchiness wouldn't go away after going back to regular shampoo. Looking for a remedy I tried oil treatments and it didn't help.

I decide to visit my Doctor and they had no explanation and gave me steroids to put on my head twice a day and explained it wouldn't help get my hair back. After the Doctor visit I heard there were others like this. I am writing my review in hopes of others getting help soon and stop using Wen. This is March and my hair is still falling out and my scalp is still itchy and sensitive without the sunburn feeling. I would like to hear if anybody has any results on a hair loss product or what have they done to get their hair to grow back.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

Order Date: 06/06/2015. WEN by Chaz Dean Seasonal Cond. One Gallon Auto - Spring Blossom. A friend, who knew my story saw this website and thought I should share my testimony. I wanted to ask people to please stop defending WEN by Chaz Dean. If this is not your experience, does not mean that it is not someone else. It CRUEL, what has happen to me and others. It's not something I would wish on any woman. Your hair is your GLORY! I'm still crying about this, every time I think about what happened, you can't get rid of that. Let me start by saying, I have never had hair loss. If anything my hair was very healthy and strong. There is no history of hair loss or balding in my family, I have two sisters with beautiful full heads of hair. I have been on thyroid medicine since 2009, it did not affect my hair, skin or nails. Those are my disclaimers.

I am an ** woman and I had watched the info commercials and wanted to try this amazing hair product. I purchased WEN from QVC for $202.44 a bargain, I was so excited. I had family members and friends buy me more for Christmas presents that year. I had enough to last for a while. I used it in my daughters and my hair, but her hair texture starting changing and then she started losing hair.

I didn't really think it was the WEN, not at first. I had switch completely over to using WEN and nothing else. I had so much, and let's be honest, it was a huge investment on my part and on the part of my family and friends. My husband was using it and he didn't have any issues and I noticed that my hair was dry, brittle and the texture was different, but the loss was gradual - at first. I could see underneath. I was getting bald spots. I was losing my hair and I didn't understand why. My texture was changing, but I thought that was part of the process. Honestly, I wasn't aware of any issues and I was still seeing WEN on QVC and the beautiful results and wondering why my hair didn't look like their hair. I thought maybe I need to buy the other products as well, get everything.

I had some hair loss, it was misleading - how often do you look at the back of your head underneath hair part and search for balded areas. Some hair loss, until it wasn't. I was washing my hair, preparing for a wedding and I felt something all over me and I opened my eyes to see my hair everywhere. I screamed. I didn't know, what had happened and I didn't care, my hair was everywhere. I jumped out of the shower and touched my hair and it was in my hands. It was coming out everywhere. I grabbed a comb and more hair. Devastating, emotional distress, I didn't understand what happened. I had done the same thing, I had done a hundred of times. But my hair was falling out by the handful.

I'm on my way to a wedding. I was that girl, that people loved to touched my hair, ask what products I used, make comments. My hair has always been one of my best qualities. It sounds awful but as women, we care for hair and it's not an afterthought. I have always been very careful with products, shampoos, conditioners, oils, any and all styling products I use. I watched this product for a long time and I really thought about, looked at videos and in the end trusted QVC.

My hair was all over my body, tub, shower curtain and I was holding it in my hands, combing it out as gentle as possible, trying not lose any more hair but it was too late. I stopped using WEN that day, I went back to Pantene and olive oil treatments and leave-in conditioners and nothing else. At first, I still had enough hair, most people couldn't tell. I was able to hide the loss. But even though, I had stopped using WEN my hair was still brittle and dry, and every time I combed my hair there was a lot of hair loss. After a while, I just wanted my hair to grow back enough length for me to cut off the strands that were left and start over with the new growth. I had a comb-over hair style for 5 months. Then, just as emotional and with much distress, I had my daughter cut off the dead lifeless hair. I trusted QVC. I didn't think that a product on their network, and continues to be on their network would cause so much pain.

I have been hiding my hair loss from the world. I was never one to wear hats, I own ten hats now. I went to church in a hat, to meetings in hats, everywhere in hats. I didn't want people to see. I didn't let my husband see my hair, he would try and would stop him. He would say, isn't there something you could do, or what are you going to do about your hair. That only made it worse. I didn't want the questions, I didn't want to deal with it. My daughter, who just turned 18 at the time became my support and my cheerleader.

After I lost my hair, I still saw the same products being sold on QVC, that to me is horrible. People trust and believe that those products will do no harm and not to warn people or remove them from products sold, makes me cry all over. It's not enough to say, SORRY! There are times when words simply don't cover the distress you experienced.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I have been using Wen for years and loved it but I too like many others are experiencing major hair loss lately. My daughter in law was using it too and her hair started falling out a few months ago. Luckily hers stopped after she quit using it. I stopped using it about 2 months ago and still am losing it in clumps, I have no bangs left and am bringing hair from the sides to cut as bangs... now I am thinning all over my head. My husband is applying brown eye shadow on my widening part just to try to hide the very noticeable bald spots. I am so upset, I have just ordered a wig to wear until hopefully my hair grows back.

I am now using a product called Pronexa after reading good reviews on it. Its been 2 weeks and I'm still losing a lot of hair... hopefully after a few months I will reverse the damage and regain my hair which used to be so thick. I also got my last haircut in April of 2016 and have noticed my hair just quit growing, after almost a year its still the same length but so much thinner. I hate washing it because the comb out fills sandwich size baggies full of hair every time. I just want to cry.

WEN by Chaz Dean Company Information