WEN by Chaz Dean

31,635people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with WEN by Chaz Dean:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

Wish there was something I could do about the situation with my hair since exclusively using Wen products. My hair has been thinning at a rapid rate for the past few years and I figured it was my diet or overall health. When I theorized it might be the Wen cleansing conditioner, I tried a different scent than my usual hoping I could come to a conclusion within a year or so. No change. The hair loss is so scary, that I am worried that it is too sparse and fine to even hold hair extensions. QVC owes us all recompense who have bought Wen through them.

I started using Wen hair product in late 2013 and all of 2014 and in 2015 my hair loss got worse. I am now almost bald. It doesn't seem fair that you pay a good deal of money to a product and then to have hair loss at such a young age. Very disappointed. Would never use the product again and I would like to return it for a full refund.

I don't know what all these people are talking about!! I have been using Wen for at least 5 years & haven't had a problem at all! I've taken very good care of my hair my entire life and this product has only helped! I use it differently than most people, but it is amazing and my hair is beautiful! People are always asking me what I use and lately when I tell them I use Wen, they have been telling me about all the bad publicity. I seriously don't understand. I only use Wen once a week, unless I am noticing a really bad "other" product buildup, then I use it twice a week. I wash with my regular shampoo first and then use the Wen. I also use the styling creme every day. My daughters also use Wen, because I've given it to them. They haven't had a problem either. So, I'm hoping my review will help!

Don't use it, I used Wen for two years never thinking it was the cause of my hair loss. It did make it softer and more manageable but at a great cost - money and hair wise.

I started using them about a year ago and I noticed in the shower that my hair was coming out. Every time I wouldn't brush it I would have Globs of hair coming out. You would find in my hair all over around the house. It was constantly just sitting out and coming out. I do not recommend this product to anybody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chez Dean?

I started using WEN products approx. 4 years ago... Since, I have lost a lot of hair!!! Mind you, I have very thick, long hair... But, it's not nearly as thick as before using Wen Shampoos and conditioners... Also, I noticed a lot of breakage, no shine anymore. :(( Also, my hair isn't growing like before using this WEN product/ products... PS. If anyone has Wen products in their home, throw them out... I placed in 3 trash bags just to be safe in case it leaked out... Good luck all... BTW if anyone has the name of a good attorney... please send my way. Thanks.

Started using sweet almond mint and noticed significant hair loss. I decided to contact Chaz Dean and noticed the lawsuits associated with his product. I have been using his product for approximately three years. Just recently I started using sweet almond mint. It was this particular one that caused the significant hair loss. I will definitely stop using this product. I also have a few of his gallon products and will lose money however this is better than going bald!

Used Wen hair products 2014-2015. Noticed a lot of hair in my brush and in the shower drain. Decided to stop using but I guess it was too late. I'm 22 years old and I'm noticeably going bald. I no longer enjoy outdoor activities and I'm constantly trying to hide inside the comfort of my home. I have to force myself to continue going to work and college is now out of the question. My husband says he won't leave me if I go completely bald.

I have had thick hair for all my life. About three years ago I started using WEN. After about a year I stopped and noticed that my hair was no longer soft. Hair stylists had often commented on how soft my hair was, so I went back to WEN I purchase at a retail store. I NEVER subscribe to products. The WEN once again made my hair soft for the last two years. I do not lose any more hair than I ever did. Three days ago at the dermatologist, he was checking my scalp and said, "Wow what a head of hair, I am half your age (75) and have half the hair." There are many reasons people lose hair but WEN certainly hasn't affected mine.

I started using Wen about a year or so ago. Maybe a little longer. At first, I loved it, the smell, thought I was feeling a difference. I had the autoship so because I didn't use it everyday I had to cancel the autoship with so many bottles sitting around. Anyway, shortly after I started using Wen, I started to develop a rash behind my neck. Constantly itchy, flaky, inflamed skin. Then, I started to develop a rash all over my scalp. Flaky, super itchy and noticed my hair wasn't as thick as it used to be. I can see the difference in my front hairline, where more skin is seen than hair. And I always had THICK hair! My hair also feels extremely thin now as if I have lost a lot of it. I grew up with very thick, curly hair and never had this problem.

I stopped using the products and the rash on the back of my neck slowly started to get better, but I am still dealing with the loss of my hair. I never pinpointed it on the product until I realized that when I stopped using it I felt a bit of relief. So very dissatisfied with this product and I am thankful I never let my daughter use this stuff more than once. (And that was because she ran out of her products.) I will NEVER trust this brand/name again.

Sister recommended product at our Father's funeral service in 2012. Started using in August 2012. Hair felt soft after first use. After several uses noticed hair was less thick, lots of hair in the comb and drain. Did not attribute it to hair product at first because of other things in my. Family noticed a large bald spot in the back of my head in 2013 and stopped using product in November 2013. It is now August 2016. Hair has not grown back and area of baldness is approximately 4 inches from my forehead to the top of my head and about 4 inches across wide.

The last 4 years has been a journey of multiple blood tests and addressing lifestyle and still losing hair. Now looking back, the only thing I can relate it to is WEN hair care cleansing conditioner which I originally started using in 2010 to avoid the harsh effect of shampoo on the hair. I had bunches of hair and bald spots appear for 2 years till I stopped using the product. Can't believe the product was not tested before being launched for use of public. Hair has never been the same since.

Last year, a neighbor gave me a bottle of Wen shampoo. I'd always been skeptical of using a product promoted by a cosmetologist who constantly wears a hat. I'm a trained cosmetologist, so I read the ingredients before using it. They seemed innocuous enough, even though I thought it a bit gimmicky... Non lathering didn't bother me. I questioned the cleansing and conditioning in one step. I exercise daily which culminates in a shower and hair washing. I used Wen for a few weeks, then returned to using my usual shampoo. I diluted the Wen and continued to use it as a rinse. I do this with all my conditioners. It's easier to comb detangle my long hair in the shower with the conditioner still in, then quick rinse.

I was planning a cross country move at about that time and attributed the excessive hair loss to the stress or delayed post menopause hair loss. The hair loss continued even after I settled into my new home. When I heard about this current lawsuit, I immediately tossed the Wen out and resumed using my old shampoo (Suave). To my amazement, my hair loss has subsided. I still lose some hair. I know that is normal, especially because of the length. My advice. Save your money. Don't believe the hype offered by "actors/actresses". A paid advertisement is just that!

EVERY SINGLE PERSON that has exposure to the Wen product sees both wonderful and horrendous results. I, also, continue to get Invoices and Bills, when the subscription was cancelled months ago and I have received no new product.

I purchased Wen products mid last year of 2015. I tried it and my hair was dull and lack-luster. I thought maybe I used too much or too little, so I continued to use Wen. I felt tingling as I used the full line of care products and thought it was because of the mint. After a few uses I noticed my hair was thinning and breaking. I was coming out in large gobs; it would be in the shower; on the floor in the bathroom when I styled my hair and on my pillow.

I thought maybe my body was low on vitamins and had it by my primary physician, and my vitamin levels checked out fine. That is when I realized Wen was the only change in my habits and it was causing my hair to fall out at a rapid rate. Since I stopped using Wen, my hair stopped breaking so much. However, I think permanent damage has been cause, because my one thick, shiny, healthy hair; continues to be dull and doesn't grow as it once had. I would never recommend this to anyone and will never purchase again.

I called into the company because of my hair falling out. I was also told it was because of my age. I even tried to cancel the order. It took me 4 calls and a threat to seek legal help to stop the order. Ever since I used the product my hair has not been the same. It has thinned out and I find small bald spots all over. I only used it for a short time. It did nothing for me from day one. I called the company and was told I have to give it a month before I would see anything. That was told to me even after I told them I hated their product.

While using this product I noticed that my hair was coming out in large chunks, it would actually get more mangled and have a quite a few more knots than normal. so I would brush it out, and brush out huge volumes of hair. Plus it also weighed my hair down and made it feel greasy and thick. I do not recommend this product for anybody, I purchased many products and I purchased a variety of Wen products from the whole seasonal collection to all the styling products Hairspray and multiple other things but now it's just sitting in a box going to waste and a lot of wasted money. I have lavender, mint, all the seasonal products like fall, summer, spring, and winter. I've also got the styling gel, hair spray, leave in conditioners. I just hope others find out that this product has many flaws and can get a better product. Thank you.

I've been using WEN products for about three years now, and two years ago I noticed my hair was falling out like crazy! Hair all over the place! I asked my doctor why this could be happening and she had no idea since my blood tests were all normal. Then I find out that I'm not the only one that is losing my hair after using WEN products! I will never use any of their products ever again. My hair is so thin now! I'm very upset with the makers of WEN! I've always had very thick hair and now I don't!

I was given WEN hair products as a gift as my sister couldn't use all the product sent to her on the automatic mailing plan. At first I thought it was a great product, then my hair started just dropping out. My husband noticed handfuls in the shower, then I noticed hair everywhere, on the floor, my clothing, my hairbrushes, etc. I mentioned it to my doctor and also to my hair stylist. Both of them were confused as to what could be the issue and then I stumbled upon this article. I've used the product for about 6 months now and the hair loss started a couple of months after I began using it. I've always had thick, wavy hair and never had an issue like this - not even when I was on a low dose of chemotherapy. I won't use it again but WHAT IS IN THIS PRODUCT that has made me lose more hair in a few months than I have lost in 2 years of chemo? I hope there is not more serious damage that has taken place within my body... I am reporting this to the authorities.

I ordered WEN a few years ago through his television commercial. I thought it was supposed to be great for your hair but as I started using it I noticed my hair was coming out while I wash washing it. At first I didn't think anything of it but later on I noticed how much thinner my hair had become! The top of it is especially thin! I think someone needs to look into WEN because it ruined my hair.

I spent a lot of money on the WEN product line. At first I liked how soft my hair was. I went to my long-time hairdresser and she asked me what I had been doing differently. My first thought was that she was going to tell me my hair was in better condition... but that was not the case. She told me my hair was breaking and showed me several spots that had thinned out. I have fine hair, so I didn't notice it until she pointed out. I continued to use WEN, because I didn't think that had anything to do with it. After a couple more visits to the hairdresser she told me to QUIT USING THE WEN. She has now told me months later that my hair is improving again. I have a lot of unused WEN in my basement.

I used this product for a short amount of time probably 4-6 months. Stopped because my hair was literally coming out in clumps while showering/brushing. I called the company asking if it could be possible it's happening from the shampoo & was assured there's no way it's because of WEN. I did keep using it after because I figured if there was a problem they would have maybe said "it's a rare side effect. Stop using it & check with your doctor." I have questioned my dr a couple of times & was told to get a MRI. I was frightened thinking maybe I had a brain tumor or something Because I had bald spots.

My hair was always thick but now it's thin & frail. I don't wanna do anything. It's depressing to walk around with bald spots on your head especially for a woman. I'm also having vision problems since I used WEN. I have always had 20/20 vision but now blurred vision & focusing problems. Headache just about everyday. I've not had any of these problems till I used WEN.

I bought WEN conditioner for my entire family from QVC. I then cancelled my auto-shipment after the first bottle when I noticed that my hair was falling out in bunches. I thought I was sick. I started taking hair vitamins but as soon as I threw the bottle out and stopped using it, my hair started growing again. I thought it was because my hair is color processed but it also happened to my oldest daughter and youngest daughter as well. I don't think you can use this product if your hair is chemically processed and there is something in it like a straightener or maybe like green tea that stimulates the scalp but causes a lot of itching and eventually hair loss. My hair was at my neck when I stopped using it in May 2016 and now my hair is in the middle of my back. I don't even need vitamins. Don't use this product if you like your hair!

Made my head itch and developed sores. It was terrible. Never again. He should be ashamed of his product.

Using WEN for over 5 years and have always thought that age was just thinning my hair on "temples/edges/nape of neck". As of just recently I started using another product and started noticing that my hair is no longer thinning or shedding. What had me first notice it was - for several months I was using the product consistently and then I switched products due to me running out of the "WEN" and my hair started to break off in a major way. I receive the new order of "WEN" and immediately start using it - and my hair has never been the same again. Thinning in various areas, I had to be seen by a dermatologist thinking that my scalp was just dry and causing breakage. Since then I have stopped using the product and now I am starting to see progress. I had to start using Nixon formula to start gaining strength in my hair. Growth still not where it was but slowly getting healthier.

I've been using WEN for several years. It's always been more as an actual conditioner than a "no poo" product. i.e. I shampoo first with a moisturizing shampoo and follow-up with WEN. I shampoo/condition every 2-3 days. Originally, I was very happy with the products. My hair is fine but there's a lot of it - a contradiction that made many products work poorly. Fine hair products didn't clean well enough, regular products left my hair limp. WEN's cleansing conditioner used as a conditioner, however, worked well.

For the past six months, my hair's been thinning. Full-length hairs - from root to tip - are everywhere in my home. When I started finding hairs in the freezer, my cat's food dish and on the stove; I started Googling. At that time, what I mainly found were claims that the lawsuit had been filed by money hungry, publicity wanting... Now I clean up handfuls of hair daily. Rogaine is bringing some back along my hairline, but I just recently stopped using WEN completely. If the hair loss stops, if my hair grows back - those things remain to be seen. It sickens me that the FDA doesn't regulate beauty products in any meaningful, realistic way. Some online beauty sites say WEN changed its formulas without making that public. Will the public ever know the truth?

I believed the "pretty hair" people on the commercial and gave them $38.94 on May 22, 2013. I used it once and noticed a bit more than normal amount of hair in my hand. I just thought I was doing a little shedding. Second time, same thing, but a little more hair in the hand. I called the WEN customer care line and reported this problem. It was a "huh, sounds like you are using the wrong line of WEN." I did get a refund and threw the product away. I called the Michigan Consumer Affairs to report my experience.

After watching the WEN promotion on QVC many, many times, I FINALLY broke down and decided to spend hard earned money on this expensive product. Knowing that the models used in the promo showed a diversity of both younger and older women and also women of color, I assumed that the product would be good for all ages and types of hair. I started out buying one of the special seasonal sets where you get four different types of the shampoo/conditioner. I couldn't wait to get the WEN and begin trying it.

Finally the package arrived and the next morning I began using it. I had read the instructions and had watched the demonstration by Chaz Dean on QVC numerous times. My first impression of the product was that it smelled great. The texture of the cream was also nice. I had wondered if it would be like other conditioners, really thin and runny. This was thick and easy to apply to my hair. I always comb my hair before going into the shower so it is not tangled. After using the product my hair was easy to comb through but not any more so than with other conditioners I had used. My hair appeared shiny and I was happy with the way it looked.

I continued to use WEN and began noticing that my hair was falling out. First I would comb through it before showering as I always had and there would be a lot of hair in the comb at that time. Then I would have to remove a big clump of hair from the shower after that and then as I combed my hair out while wet there was even more hair. I actually could run my hand through my hair and the hair would just fall out. These were not broken strands, they came out from the root. Styling would result in more hair falling out. EVERY time that I combed my hair, even throughout the day there was always hair falling out. These were not small amounts of hair. I began noticing hair on my pillow, the couch, and strands on my clothes.

Even at this point I was still optimistic and thought that there might be a period of adjustment to the new product. I was not experiencing any scalp itching or sores and I am positive it would not have been an "allergic reaction." I was not taking any medications, I do not smoke or drink caffeine. I also had just had blood tests done and my thyroid checked so I know it had nothing to do with any of those factors. The only difference was that I had been using the WEN. I did continue to order more WEN thinking that it just might have been something in those certain scents. I also had ordered the large bottle of the 316 and the Peach and Lavender. None of the other products produce any different results. The one and only SAME result was that I was continuing to lose large amounts of hair.

After spending hundreds of dollars on the products and using them as directed I feel very upset that I ever tried WEN. I certainly NEVER would recommend it to anyone else. In fact, I have had several people tell me to quit using it also. I have always had nice hair. In fact I would actually have strangers comment on my hair, how nice it was. Now I have lost what I feel to be at least half of the volume of my hair. This product did NOT make my hair richer, thicker or stronger. Chaz Dean states the "using shampoo is abuse to your hair " in his commercials. The actual ABUSE to my hair was using WEN.

I have stopped using WEN and my hair is still continuing to fall out. Mornings have been spent crying in front of the mirror and now I also have anxiety about when the hair loss will stop, if at all! I used nothing but the WEN for 7 months and I am afraid of what type of shampoo to try now in case this gets worse. To some women their hair can be their "signature." It is extremely frustrating that this product is still being sold and also shame on QVC for continuing to sell this. I think that Chaz Dean was not being malicious when the product first was being sold, but now that thousands of people have purchased it and he has become rich, he should "cut his losses" so to speak with this, figure out why SO many hundreds of people have had the same unsatisfying result, and if he really cares about hair take this product away and just continue to make his money by charging people $300.00 or more for a haircut!!

I bought Wen shampoo on QVC. After a short while have I noticed my scalp was itchy and top of my head and right side above my right ear I have bald spot. I stopped using the shampoo. I am very embarrassed, angry and lost my self esteem. I heard that there is a lawsuit against Chaz Dean because so many ladies who used his shampoo experienced hair loss.

My little girl lost 100% of her hair from a few uses of Wen Sweet Almond Mint cleansing conditioner. I've seen thousands of similar complaints online. Everyone who experienced severe reactions need to make a report with the FDA NOW! They are currently investigating Wen.