1.51/5
Based on 1,127 reviews that contain star ratings

Foothill Ranch, CA

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1128 WEN by Chaz Dean Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Starting using Wen in 2005-2017. Best product I used. Never ever had a problem. I used most of his products. And I loved them. Was actually on auto delivery. So I was stocked. In fact I have a couple people one of his bottles as a gift. The only reason I stopped using Wen for a yr. was financial issues. May of this year started using Wen again. My hair looked better, kept my color longer. Love the different fragrances. And will continue to use Wen.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I received Wen as a gift. Worst gift EVER! I've used the product, as directed, three times. My hair is medium long so I was excited about the "detangling" element. I spent almost 20 minutes combing out the tangles and had to pull out gobs of hair out of my comb. I'm throwing this gift away and will never use it again!

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Back in 2014 I saw an ad on TV for Wen product, I called and purchased. They told me they used all organic product so I couldn’t wait. Before long the product arrived. I used it on my hair and my kids' hair. It was great for the first a while until our hair started to fall out and I ordered it again and again, couple of years later the attorney sent me a letter that explain that Wen product has been facing lawsuits against them and that I should respond by April 2017.

So my kids and I went to see a dermatologist in the area that we live in and the dermatologist advised us to cut our hair shorter because it was too long and that probably we were losing hair. We were unable to sue the company because he refuse to go the extra mile to check why we were losing our hair. Now in Sep 2018 I have bald patches two years after I stopped using the product. I’m going back and forth to different doctors to figure out what caused my hair loss! I would advise to all buyers to be aware of these Wen product and I hope they ban these product because they’re still selling them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I found Wen to be the most fantastic product when I first began using it. I had never received more compliments about shine, texture, volume and color. But about a year in, I started noticing clumps of hair swirling down the drain. It got to the point that I was terrified. I then began reading about Wen products causing hair loss due to the fact that the product never truly rinses out cleanly, causing accumulation that eventually chokes and kills the follicle. It made sense. I had never suffered any sort of hair loss until I was well into using Wen. So, of course I stopped using it and went back to shampoo. And my hair stopped falling out. It was absolutely the Wen. That is my personal experience. I cannot speak for anyone else. Did I rinse cleanly as advised? Yes. Did I use it every day? No. I followed the instructions to the letter, but the fact is that I lost quite a lot of hair. Also, my hair became resistant to color.

I went to change my color and the Wen treated hair would NOT take color of any kind. My colorist had never seen anything like it. Strange, right? I think the thing that bothers me the most about this entire experience is the Wen Companies vehement and across the board denials that their product had ANYTHING to do with people's hair loss. This is a company that obviously cares nothing about the people it sells to. I found it absolutely reprehensible that their spokesman and creator, Chaz Dean, so callously turned his back and a blind ear to so many of us who came to him with concerns about our hair falling out. What a terrible man. Shame on him for being so heartless and uncaring.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

This company is nothing but a scam. I ordered the Wen sample and have been debited twice and was sent products I didn't order. I resented talking to someone who couldn't even pronounce my name and we didn't understand each other's language. I'm sick of these companies selling our information abroad and sticking us with bills we never agreed to. The Wen product isn't worth the box it was mailed in. You have fake reviews where they give glowing praise and give it a rating of 1 out of 5. They are clearly fake reviews.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chez Dean?

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have been using WEN for years and really felt it made a huge difference and came to love this product. It made my hair healthier than it had been in awhile so imagine my surprise when I went to order it online and found out no matter what site I went on they would not ship to Canada??? So I called the Wen offices and told them what happened, said I was an existing customer and that I wanted them to ship some to me and the guy on the phone just said, "We no longer ship to Canada." ??? When I asked why that was he could not give me an answer and just kept repeating that they no longer ship to Canada... not sure how a company or why a company would cut off an entire country from getting their product especially since they are getting poor reviews and lawsuits in their own country?? Absolutely makes no sense to me whatsoever and apparently Amazon will not ship it here either!! Unbelievable???

Original review: July 3, 2018

WEN Cleansing Conditioner and Replenishing Treatment Mist - I am 62 years old and have hair that is two feet long. What's left of it that is. The 25% that is left. Seriously. All of my life people have told me what gorgeous hair I have. Even with that, I don't think that I am particularly vain about it-- or I would have "noticed" or taken much more seriously the hair falling out that started about a year ago. I usually just sleep with 2 braids in, and finger it out in the morning, leaving a head full of very long, wavy hair. People have actually told me that they thought it was a wig (I wear hats a often), because it was so "perfect". A cashier at my local grocery store told me, "Your hair is everything to me!" And another one told me "I tried to buy your hair the other day!"

I had used Wen regularly beginning in late 2015- when I could afford it -- but I used very little not at all the huge recommended amount. I bought a gallon about a year ago. and began using more. It seems that all of a sudden out of nowhere, my hair is "gone". I wash my hair in the tub so I guess that I don't see it going down the sink. I don't have any bald spots but I just have this incredibly baby fine, weak hair now. I washed my hair this am, believe it or not with Wen. I let it air dry and it took exactly ten curlers to curl my whole head. What on earth took me so long to realize it was the Wen, I don't know.

Two weeks ago I saw my sister and she said "Two thirds of your hair is gone." I finally broke down today and sobbed. I called QVC to talk to them about it. I thought that it couldn't be the Wen or it would have happened right away--how I wish to God that I had read the detailed reviews about Wen products and hair loss. Thousands of women can't be lying or just plain "wrong". Had I read the detailed reviews I would have been monitoring my hair very closely and probably used a much lesser amount of Wen, and, as soon as any hair loss began ( which started a little over a year ago), I would have discontinued the products immediately.

Dear Reader, please tell everyone that you know. STAY AWAY FROM WEN. PERIOD. IT CAN VERY GRADUALLY RUIN YOUR HAIR. I really feel that QVC is liable here too, for the lovey-dovey folksy way that they peddle the stuff. Who doesn't want to be a "Wennie" and be in on all of the fun??? I used Dollar Tree apple scented shampoo and TRESemmé anti-breakage conditioner for years before using Wen, and people always complimented me on my "gorgeous" hair. I'm going right back there tomorrow.

I will be boycotting QVC period. Shame Shame Shame on them for continuing to peddle the stuff when they know good and well that Chaz Dean has had to pay out millions to settle his class action lawsuits. At the bare minimum they should have a disclaimer, stating that thousands of women believe that they have lost their hair due to using Wen hair care products, just like cigarettes. At least a government warning on the doggone stuff!!! Please please please, if you are using this junk, stop. Tell your friends. Friends don't let friends use Wen!!!

Original review: June 27, 2018

Chaz Dean's Cleansing Conditioner, to me and a couple of my friends have used and Still Use this product. I have been using Chaz Dean Products since 2015 and this is 2018. We ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. These Chaz Dean Products do exactly what Chaz Dean says. "It makes your hair fuller, thicker, and longer." I STRONGLY RECOMMEND these products. THANK YOU Chaz Dean for making your products. I just had my hair cut last week and my hair is longer now than it was when I got it cut. I am still amazed by Chaz Dean's WEN Products. VERY AWESOME PRODUCTS. Thank you again and I am thankful something that finally works.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have used Wen for at least 3 years. I bought my first Gallon the bamboo last year. I started noticing my scalp itching and then thin hair. 1/4 of the gallon used. Will not keep using it. I had read reviews about hair loss but only noticed in the last couple of months my hair thinning and thought about the reviews. An expensive loss monetarily but also my hair. A product too good to be true, sad situation.

Original review: June 18, 2018

How dare this company declare that their products have nothing to do with any hair loss, good reviews don't always come from the consumer as we all know, but bad ones do. My experience of this product is the same as all the negative comments... hair loss, right from the start, l had a beautiful head of thick hair, but not now and it's three years since I gave this god awful product up. My advice is quite simple. Please go to your local chemists and take your pick of the genuine hair products that are available and nowhere near the ridiculous silly prices you would pay to Wen to be more or less scalped.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I thought this was a miracle product when I first started using it. After about a year, my hairdresser noticed density loss but it still looked wonderful so I didn’t take any action. A couple years later, I started noticing brittle, coarse hair growing in place of my silky mane. My scalp was itching and sore, my hair actually hurts every day now. I lost 40% of my hair which was devastating and very noticeable. If you’re thinking about buying this product, please reconsider because the effects may not be visible for years and the damage can be permanent.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I purchased Wen hair products a couple years ago the shampoo and some finishing products. I still have a little shampoo left. My hair is horrible. I noticed for the past year my brush was full of hair. And you can see my scalp in many areas in front. I hardly have any bangs left. They are so thin. The texture of my hair has changed too. It's very lifeless and so thin. I didn't know what was causing this? I stumbled across a review of someone saying Wen products destroyed her hair and it was falling out. I am shocked that QVC sold this product to customers and this is the price I have to pay now having bought it. I am outraged that this happened and I to want to be added on the lawsuit against this company.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I ordered this based on the presentation on QVC. I have short hair that is straight with no curl. I have used this product 3 times and it will be sent back. Within a couple of hours of using it, my hair is greasy, flat and doesn't look clean. I was embarrassed to be at work yesterday because my hair looked so bad. WEN should be ashamed to produce this product and QVC should be ashamed for selling it.

Original review: April 14, 2018

What a shock. Yes I heard about the lawsuit, but since QVC was still selling it, I thought it was just people going after a big company. I have used nothing but Wen for 7 years. About 4 weeks ago my hair suddenly became really dry on the top of my head. Not thinking it was the Wen I started looking at medication, diet etc. Racking my brain to come up with a answer. My Dr had put me on a new medicine at very low dose and increased it about 6 weeks ago, I went off the medicine completely because some had reported hair loss & dryness etc., but their hair seemed to be fine after they stopped this medicine. But my hair has become more dry, brittle, thin by the day.

Since using WEN I only cleanse every 3 to 4 days. So I started researching dry conditioner products, in the meantime I started using WEN replenishing more & more still not thinking it was WEN. After reading all of these reviews... I am throwing away every cleanser, mask, style cream, hair spray, replenisher today, and I have a LOT of stocked up WEN product. Ironically I was researching to see if WEN had any new product for dry brittle hair and I came across this site and I am thankful I did otherwise. Like a lot of users I didn't possibly think WEN was the issue but this many people would not be writing false reviews.

I just hope I have stopped use in time. Recently my scalp has been itching also. I hope they remove WEN from the market. I had a friend that was a big user, she quit WEN not long after the lawsuit news hit big, she just said she needed to use something different, I just thought someone scared her away due to lawsuit, she was the smart one. Like a lot of people I have recommended WEN a lot! I noticed that some users have said they were contacted about the lawsuit but I haven't been notified at all, I wish I had. Again I have only purchased from QVC. I am disappointed that they did not respect their customers enough to have at least sent a notice, not everyone listens to the news.

I have been doing a lot of research for new shampoo, conditioner, hairspray well everything. I will be checking every ingredient and not dismiss lawsuits of this nature. When I think of the effects to my hair and all the money I have spent on WEN, well it just makes me sick. After not even wading through a 1/8th of the reviews... they are so awful I couldn't read one more.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I tried this product 6 years ago (yes 6 years ago). The product was terrible, my daughter's hair began to fall out and I immediately returned the second shipment. And the third. And the fourth. I spent hours on hold or speaking to reps who were ridiculous to work with, but finally the nightmare was over. Until today, when I received a call from a collection agency telling me I never paid the CANCELLATION fee of $98.00. What?! No one ever mentioned a cancellation fee and I never received a bill for it. Now I get to fight this crappy company again. Why would there be a cancellation fee on a month by month product? Even if you like the product (it sucks) you will be unable to get away from these bloodsuckers. If need be I will take appropriate action to stop this harassment.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I used this product (Ultra Nourishing Cleansing Treatment Lemon Rosemary Vanilla Bean) twice last week and my beautiful long thick hair fell out by the handfuls! It is now much thinner and lifeless. What a shock. Do not ever use this product.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I always wanted to use WEN because I had thick hair and natural curly. Since using it my hair is thinning and just wavy. I was just told the other day about WEN hair product causing harm to hair and scalp. I sure hope my hair gets thicker and curl back since I will not be using it any longer.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I have been using WEN shampoo for several years and because I had so much hair didn't notice that my hair was falling out more than normal. Today I have very little hair left and now have to get scalp shots and take medication to help stop any more loss. This man needs to make right what he has done to people and their personal appearance. I would like to get in on the Lawsuit that has been filed against him and his product.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I don't have a clue as to why there are negative reviews regarding hair loss. My hair STOPPED falling out when I started using the 613 cleansing treatment. I think these women had scalp problems that had nothing to do with WEN.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I used Wen hair care products (Wen Pomegranate Shampoo and Conditioner) and over time I lost my hair until I was bald. I have sores on my head and my hair is very thin with bald spots. I used to have thick long beautiful hair. Now it is so bad that I have to wear a hat when I go out. I called the company and was told that their products would never cause hair loss. I was cheated out of my class action suit money because I was never notified for any of the many lawsuits. It has cost me my job and severe emotional stress and depression. I am looking for an attorney to handle a claim against Wen by Chaz Dean. They should of told all of their customers about the hair loss complaints. The judge needs to re-open the class action suit so all of us that never got notified can get compensation. I have spent thousands of dollars to try to get my hair back. I feel so upset over all of this. I will never have my hair back. If anyone can help me please contact me.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Customer service can go lock an ** for quality of care. Apparently if you sign up for anything NO MATTER IF YOU CANCEL they will charge you $$$. The product is complete **. DO NOT PURCHASE ANY WEN PRODUCTS UNLESS YOU FEEL LIKE BEING ** OVER AND FEEL LIKE PAYING FOR IT!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I had used WEN for 6-8 months before I was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia. I started chemo which consisted of 2 different chemo. I was told on day 9 I would lose my hair. I considered this a small price to pay for remission. However, I continued using WEN and day 9 came and went with minimal hair loss. The chemo was quite severe for me and I was hospitalized 2 times for decreased blood pressure and damaged kidneys from the chemo. However, I never lost my hair. It did thin some while I was hospitalized, but I did not have my WEN. I can tell you my hair and scalp felt and feel wonderful using WEN. I used WEN frequently because my scalp felt so good with the product on.

I had a diagnosis of chemo-induced dehydration so this hair cleanser was a God sent for me. I believe WEN helped prevent my hair loss. I am in remission for 6 months now and still using WEN. My hair is fuller than it has ever been and soft and healthy. I am truly grateful for this product. The scents are lovely, but for me it was a little miracle and God handled the big miracle of my remission.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I have been reading through the reviews and have been quite disturbed by the amount of negative responses. I have wild thick curly untamed hair and the WEN cleansing creams have been the ONLY product that I have ever found that has helped. I have been using the products for 12 years now (purchased first from TV and now off eBay). In Australia we don't have the option of the full range but I have used 7 different types and 6/7 have been perfect for my hair. The cucumber one my partner uses and his 'hair' is actually 'growing back' not losing it like so many claim.

May I be so bold and suggest that there may be another reason this may be happening other than blaming the product? My hair is waist length, thick and I constantly have new growth as my hairdresser keeps telling me. I also love the fact that it doesn't contain many of the nasties that generic hair products do so there is no concern about putting it on my scalp. I personally give this product 100 stars and won't be changing my routine at all. A very happy user. P.S. Currently using the fig cleansing cream. Love it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Wen Cleansing Conditioner - I purchased this product back in June 2015. Cancelled on Sept 10/15. Used it for about 6 months. My scalp is irritated, itchy my hair like straw and still is, went to my Doctor for help and with the lotions ** which is ** and oil prescriptions ** which is ** (scalp/tropical oil) that I go still has not helped. If anyone out there can help me solve this irritation please, I'm looking for solutions.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I finally decided to try Wen products (conditioning cleanser) last spring (March 2017) and since then I am so pleased with the results. There are many different formulas to choose from, and I found that some did give me better results than others, but overall the products are fantastic. I LOVE what WEN has done for my hair. It costs a little more than shampoo, but it lasts a lot longer and is worth it. Thank you Chaz for a wonderful product.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I too have been affected by Wen Shampoo in a very negative way. I was fortunate to realize the negative effects were the shampoo within 2 uses. Otherwise it may have been a whole lot worse for me. I used it and noticed my hair falling out after initial use. By the second use there was NO DOUBT it was the Wen shampoo. Even after discontinuing use I kept losing hair for months afterward and my scalp was damaged, itchy and irritated. I am someone who had absolutely no problems with my hair before using this shampoo. I had no concerns, no allergies. So these people who claim it's an allergy or vitamin deficiency are completely wrong. I got checked by a specialist and there was nothing wrong with me before the shampoo.

NOW however... although my hair has thankfully stopped falling out by the handfuls... my scalp has never been the same. I still struggle with scalp irritation because of this shampoo. I now have to be extremely careful what shampoo I use. I have to buy expensive chemical free shampoo from the health stores. This shampoo has changed my life forever. Although I have been through hell because of this product. I choose to grow from the experience. I have learned a valuable lesson. Never!! Buy or use a product without doing a little research on it. Find out what you are putting on your hair or skin. Use apps like "think dirty" which allows you to scan your products or EWG to find out what you are allowing on your skin and hair. It's important we buy chemical free products... they are harming us. And if individuals don't make the changes then big companies won't either.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Horrible. I started using WEN. Within 1 week my hair started falling off but didn't think anything it until I noticed bald spots. 1 month of using it did so much damage. Now I need to find a way to grow my hair back since I get married in 4 months. This is not a good thing. I attached before wen picture and after.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Hello I used the product one time. It was the almond conditioner and I didn't like it at all. It left a really heavy feeling in my scalp and hair and was so hard to wash out. I thought it was odd that there was no shampoo and only conditioner product to use. But my sister was the one who always saw the wen hair care products on TV and wanted so bad. She always said she wanted to be a wen girl. She ordered a set for 45.00 and used a few times but didn't really like it. Wasn't all that sucked actually. She didn't have any hair loss or long term damage. Thank god. I don't believe she used it enough.

She now uses it for shaving her legs. If hair wants to fall out because of this crap perfect place to use it. I filed for my sister in the law suit for the 25.00 check for her. Thank god didn't need more. But we never got the check or anything. I just thank god her hair is ok. I believe people should always do research on anything they see on TV before they place a order especially with hair products. I'm sorry for all the women who lost their beautiful hair because of this ** product. I have thin hair myself and Wear wigs so understand the struggle. I just hope everyone affect by this awful products seeks justice. Don't use ever.

Original review: July 15, 2017

My experience using WEN was fine. I mean it didn't fix my split ends but my hair did look healthier, everyone would say how much better my hair looked. It felt softer as well. I only stop using it because the credit card they had on file became cancelled and I never updated it. Been wanting to get it again but after reading some of these reviews I'm scared. Maybe most likely the formulas have changed since I finished the bottles I had. However this was also between 2014-16, so anyone who reviews are complaining. Having problems before that I don't understand how so many are having the same problems. Maybe I'm one of the few exceptions who isn't harmed by the formula, that is if it hasn't changed. Still, I'm concerned about having the same results as apparently so many others. To all of you who have experienced negative results, worst of them, hair loss, I am so sorry that happened and hope you are able to reverse/restore the damage.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I have rang this company three times. I have written to this company and returned the unopened parcel. I advised this company months ago to stop sending me their products. This company has taken money from my account to the value of £59.99. I am being fobbed off and my letters ignored. They promise to call you back and they don't but keep taking your money. My next call is to my bank. Hopefully they can help me.

WEN by Chaz Dean Company Information