2. Shopping

Foothill Ranch, CA

1.5/5 (1151 ratings)

About WEN by Chaz Dean

WEN by Chaz Dean Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chaz Dean?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chez Dean?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Yes I using Wen shampoo. Love it. But all sudden my hair was falling out. Went out. Bought Nioxin. Used for about year. Hair came back. Not sure what was that made my hair fall out, only thing using was Wen shampoo. I feel bad. Chaz Dean seem like really nice person.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I received the Wen Fig Cleansing Conditioner as a gift. I heard all of the horror stories and was seriously hesitant to start using it. I figured if I kept a watch for any of these horrifying issues that might come up, I would be able to stop using it in time. Well, the total opposite happened. My hair has never been more beautiful and I actually have less hair fall. My hair is consistently smoother from roots to ends and it looks and feels thicker!

I am 60 years old and in my lifetime I have purchased thousands and thousands of dollars trying to find a shampoo, conditioner and styling product that would make my hair just look decent. Constant fails. I cannot say enough how thrilled I am with this product. I honestly have no idea where these bad reviews are coming from. How could any of these people let their hair get to the point that they say it got to from using Wen? If you're losing tons of hair, wouldn't you stop using the product that goes on your head before you go bald? It's just common sense. I will continue to buy this product for the rest of my days because there is nothing out there that compares to Wen Fig. I thank the man that gave us this product.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I’ve used the product for years but never connected hair loss to WEN. My hair kept falling out and heard about the same problem with others. I tried an inexpensive grocery store shampoo and conditioner and I stopped losing hair. Now I have 3/4 of a gallon left but will not use.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I've been using this product only for about 4 months and half of my hair is GONE. About 2 to 3 months in I started to notice globs of hair on my brush or when I ran my fingers through my hair in the morning as I was styling it. People suddenly were asking "oh did you cut your hair?" I didn't think anything of it because I had trimmed my ends around that time and then I started seeing it. My hair is CHOPPED UP like someone randomly took a scissor to my hair. With the experience I've had and after reading these reviews this morning I will STOP USING THIS PRODUCT TODAY. Hopefully I can do something with my hair for Christmas if not I'll have to wear a wig. If anyone knows a good lawyer please contact me. I live in Roanoke, Virginia.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Starting using Wen in 2005-2017. Best product I used. Never ever had a problem. I used most of his products. And I loved them. Was actually on auto delivery. So I was stocked. In fact I have a couple people one of his bottles as a gift. The only reason I stopped using Wen for a yr. was financial issues. May of this year started using Wen again. My hair looked better, kept my color longer. Love the different fragrances. And will continue to use Wen.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I received Wen as a gift. Worst gift EVER! I've used the product, as directed, three times. My hair is medium long so I was excited about the "detangling" element. I spent almost 20 minutes combing out the tangles and had to pull out gobs of hair out of my comb. I'm throwing this gift away and will never use it again!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Back in 2014 I saw an ad on TV for Wen product, I called and purchased. They told me they used all organic product so I couldn’t wait. Before long the product arrived. I used it on my hair and my kids' hair. It was great for the first a while until our hair started to fall out and I ordered it again and again, couple of years later the attorney sent me a letter that explain that Wen product has been facing lawsuits against them and that I should respond by April 2017.

So my kids and I went to see a dermatologist in the area that we live in and the dermatologist advised us to cut our hair shorter because it was too long and that probably we were losing hair. We were unable to sue the company because he refuse to go the extra mile to check why we were losing our hair. Now in Sep 2018 I have bald patches two years after I stopped using the product. I’m going back and forth to different doctors to figure out what caused my hair loss! I would advise to all buyers to be aware of these Wen product and I hope they ban these product because they’re still selling them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I found Wen to be the most fantastic product when I first began using it. I had never received more compliments about shine, texture, volume and color. But about a year in, I started noticing clumps of hair swirling down the drain. It got to the point that I was terrified. I then began reading about Wen products causing hair loss due to the fact that the product never truly rinses out cleanly, causing accumulation that eventually chokes and kills the follicle. It made sense. I had never suffered any sort of hair loss until I was well into using Wen. So, of course I stopped using it and went back to shampoo. And my hair stopped falling out. It was absolutely the Wen. That is my personal experience. I cannot speak for anyone else. Did I rinse cleanly as advised? Yes. Did I use it every day? No. I followed the instructions to the letter, but the fact is that I lost quite a lot of hair. Also, my hair became resistant to color.

I went to change my color and the Wen treated hair would NOT take color of any kind. My colorist had never seen anything like it. Strange, right? I think the thing that bothers me the most about this entire experience is the Wen Companies vehement and across the board denials that their product had ANYTHING to do with people's hair loss. This is a company that obviously cares nothing about the people it sells to. I found it absolutely reprehensible that their spokesman and creator, Chaz Dean, so callously turned his back and a blind ear to so many of us who came to him with concerns about our hair falling out. What a terrible man. Shame on him for being so heartless and uncaring.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

This company is nothing but a scam. I ordered the Wen sample and have been debited twice and was sent products I didn't order. I resented talking to someone who couldn't even pronounce my name and we didn't understand each other's language. I'm sick of these companies selling our information abroad and sticking us with bills we never agreed to. The Wen product isn't worth the box it was mailed in. You have fake reviews where they give glowing praise and give it a rating of 1 out of 5. They are clearly fake reviews.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have been using WEN for years and really felt it made a huge difference and came to love this product. It made my hair healthier than it had been in awhile so imagine my surprise when I went to order it online and found out no matter what site I went on they would not ship to Canada??? So I called the Wen offices and told them what happened, said I was an existing customer and that I wanted them to ship some to me and the guy on the phone just said, "We no longer ship to Canada." ??? When I asked why that was he could not give me an answer and just kept repeating that they no longer ship to Canada... not sure how a company or why a company would cut off an entire country from getting their product especially since they are getting poor reviews and lawsuits in their own country?? Absolutely makes no sense to me whatsoever and apparently Amazon will not ship it here either!! Unbelievable???

WEN by Chaz Dean Company Information