WEN by Chaz Dean

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.53/5
Based on 1,147 ratings

Unsubscribe at any time.

WEN by Chaz Dean Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chaz Dean?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chez Dean?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Starting using Wen in 2005-2017. Best product I used. Never ever had a problem. I used most of his products. And I loved them. Was actually on auto delivery. So I was stocked. In fact I have a couple people one of his bottles as a gift. The only reason I stopped using Wen for a yr. was financial issues. May of this year started using Wen again. My hair looked better, kept my color longer. Love the different fragrances. And will continue to use Wen.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I received Wen as a gift. Worst gift EVER! I've used the product, as directed, three times. My hair is medium long so I was excited about the "detangling" element. I spent almost 20 minutes combing out the tangles and had to pull out gobs of hair out of my comb. I'm throwing this gift away and will never use it again!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Back in 2014 I saw an ad on TV for Wen product, I called and purchased. They told me they used all organic product so I couldn’t wait. Before long the product arrived. I used it on my hair and my kids' hair. It was great for the first a while until our hair started to fall out and I ordered it again and again, couple of years later the attorney sent me a letter that explain that Wen product has been facing lawsuits against them and that I should respond by April 2017.

So my kids and I went to see a dermatologist in the area that we live in and the dermatologist advised us to cut our hair shorter because it was too long and that probably we were losing hair. We were unable to sue the company because he refuse to go the extra mile to check why we were losing our hair. Now in Sep 2018 I have bald patches two years after I stopped using the product. I’m going back and forth to different doctors to figure out what caused my hair loss! I would advise to all buyers to be aware of these Wen product and I hope they ban these product because they’re still selling them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I found Wen to be the most fantastic product when I first began using it. I had never received more compliments about shine, texture, volume and color. But about a year in, I started noticing clumps of hair swirling down the drain. It got to the point that I was terrified. I then began reading about Wen products causing hair loss due to the fact that the product never truly rinses out cleanly, causing accumulation that eventually chokes and kills the follicle. It made sense. I had never suffered any sort of hair loss until I was well into using Wen. So, of course I stopped using it and went back to shampoo. And my hair stopped falling out. It was absolutely the Wen. That is my personal experience. I cannot speak for anyone else. Did I rinse cleanly as advised? Yes. Did I use it every day? No. I followed the instructions to the letter, but the fact is that I lost quite a lot of hair. Also, my hair became resistant to color.

I went to change my color and the Wen treated hair would NOT take color of any kind. My colorist had never seen anything like it. Strange, right? I think the thing that bothers me the most about this entire experience is the Wen Companies vehement and across the board denials that their product had ANYTHING to do with people's hair loss. This is a company that obviously cares nothing about the people it sells to. I found it absolutely reprehensible that their spokesman and creator, Chaz Dean, so callously turned his back and a blind ear to so many of us who came to him with concerns about our hair falling out. What a terrible man. Shame on him for being so heartless and uncaring.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

This company is nothing but a scam. I ordered the Wen sample and have been debited twice and was sent products I didn't order. I resented talking to someone who couldn't even pronounce my name and we didn't understand each other's language. I'm sick of these companies selling our information abroad and sticking us with bills we never agreed to. The Wen product isn't worth the box it was mailed in. You have fake reviews where they give glowing praise and give it a rating of 1 out of 5. They are clearly fake reviews.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have been using WEN for years and really felt it made a huge difference and came to love this product. It made my hair healthier than it had been in awhile so imagine my surprise when I went to order it online and found out no matter what site I went on they would not ship to Canada??? So I called the Wen offices and told them what happened, said I was an existing customer and that I wanted them to ship some to me and the guy on the phone just said, "We no longer ship to Canada." ??? When I asked why that was he could not give me an answer and just kept repeating that they no longer ship to Canada... not sure how a company or why a company would cut off an entire country from getting their product especially since they are getting poor reviews and lawsuits in their own country?? Absolutely makes no sense to me whatsoever and apparently Amazon will not ship it here either!! Unbelievable???

Original review: July 3, 2018

WEN Cleansing Conditioner and Replenishing Treatment Mist - I am 62 years old and have hair that is two feet long. What's left of it that is. The 25% that is left. Seriously. All of my life people have told me what gorgeous hair I have. Even with that, I don't think that I am particularly vain about it-- or I would have "noticed" or taken much more seriously the hair falling out that started about a year ago. I usually just sleep with 2 braids in, and finger it out in the morning, leaving a head full of very long, wavy hair. People have actually told me that they thought it was a wig (I wear hats a often), because it was so "perfect". A cashier at my local grocery store told me, "Your hair is everything to me!" And another one told me "I tried to buy your hair the other day!"

I had used Wen regularly beginning in late 2015- when I could afford it -- but I used very little not at all the huge recommended amount. I bought a gallon about a year ago. and began using more. It seems that all of a sudden out of nowhere, my hair is "gone". I wash my hair in the tub so I guess that I don't see it going down the sink. I don't have any bald spots but I just have this incredibly baby fine, weak hair now. I washed my hair this am, believe it or not with Wen. I let it air dry and it took exactly ten curlers to curl my whole head. What on earth took me so long to realize it was the Wen, I don't know.

Two weeks ago I saw my sister and she said "Two thirds of your hair is gone." I finally broke down today and sobbed. I called QVC to talk to them about it. I thought that it couldn't be the Wen or it would have happened right away--how I wish to God that I had read the detailed reviews about Wen products and hair loss. Thousands of women can't be lying or just plain "wrong". Had I read the detailed reviews I would have been monitoring my hair very closely and probably used a much lesser amount of Wen, and, as soon as any hair loss began ( which started a little over a year ago), I would have discontinued the products immediately.

Dear Reader, please tell everyone that you know. STAY AWAY FROM WEN. PERIOD. IT CAN VERY GRADUALLY RUIN YOUR HAIR. I really feel that QVC is liable here too, for the lovey-dovey folksy way that they peddle the stuff. Who doesn't want to be a "Wennie" and be in on all of the fun??? I used Dollar Tree apple scented shampoo and TRESemmé anti-breakage conditioner for years before using Wen, and people always complimented me on my "gorgeous" hair. I'm going right back there tomorrow.

I will be boycotting QVC period. Shame Shame Shame on them for continuing to peddle the stuff when they know good and well that Chaz Dean has had to pay out millions to settle his class action lawsuits. At the bare minimum they should have a disclaimer, stating that thousands of women believe that they have lost their hair due to using Wen hair care products, just like cigarettes. At least a government warning on the doggone stuff!!! Please please please, if you are using this junk, stop. Tell your friends. Friends don't let friends use Wen!!!

Original review: June 27, 2018

Chaz Dean's Cleansing Conditioner, to me and a couple of my friends have used and Still Use this product. I have been using Chaz Dean Products since 2015 and this is 2018. We ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. These Chaz Dean Products do exactly what Chaz Dean says. "It makes your hair fuller, thicker, and longer." I STRONGLY RECOMMEND these products. THANK YOU Chaz Dean for making your products. I just had my hair cut last week and my hair is longer now than it was when I got it cut. I am still amazed by Chaz Dean's WEN Products. VERY AWESOME PRODUCTS. Thank you again and I am thankful something that finally works.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have used Wen for at least 3 years. I bought my first Gallon the bamboo last year. I started noticing my scalp itching and then thin hair. 1/4 of the gallon used. Will not keep using it. I had read reviews about hair loss but only noticed in the last couple of months my hair thinning and thought about the reviews. An expensive loss monetarily but also my hair. A product too good to be true, sad situation.

Original review: June 18, 2018

How dare this company declare that their products have nothing to do with any hair loss, good reviews don't always come from the consumer as we all know, but bad ones do. My experience of this product is the same as all the negative comments... hair loss, right from the start, l had a beautiful head of thick hair, but not now and it's three years since I gave this god awful product up. My advice is quite simple. Please go to your local chemists and take your pick of the genuine hair products that are available and nowhere near the ridiculous silly prices you would pay to Wen to be more or less scalped.

WEN by Chaz Dean Company Information