WEN by Chaz Dean
  • 1 star
Based on 48 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

WEN by Chaz Dean

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 26, 2017

1107 WEN by Chaz Dean Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

My husband and I started using Wen hair products about 5 years ago. We both have always had good, strong, thick hair. Till 2016. We both all of a sudden started getting thinning of our hair. This year has been a very bad time for us. We were on auto delivery with QVC for a long time, got the Wen kits and just thought it was the best. What a big mistake. It has really taken a big toll on my self esteem to say the least. My hair is no longer pretty and one side is way shorter than the other from also breakage. I don't go anywhere unless I have to.

I cry and feel sick inside all the time that I listened to all the so called great things about this product. These people like me are for real and it is horrible to go through. Just want my hair back so I can feel good about myself once again. Pay attention to these people. It is no joke and it can happen when you least expect it. When April came this year my hair was gone by June. Don't use this product. I have been with QVC for (years) and am still surprised that they sell this product. Again if anyone sees this please pay attention. It is soooo for real...

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

While using this product it does make your hair soft. However, my hair is been falling out in clumps. I have been using this product for about two or three years. My hair loss has now become so visible and apparent it can be seen in the mirror as I do my make up. This is extremely horrifying and embarrassing. Will my hair grow back? I have always been that woman in every situation where people grab my hair and say "Oh my gosh your hair is so beautiful, thick and curly."

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I have been using Wen for over a year, but lately I notice my hair in my hands when I use it, and my scalp is icky. My hair is dry and looks like hay... I was only washing my hair about 2x a week so I guess it took longer for me to notice the issue. I'm looking to use a new product... but unfortunately I have to get my long hair cut because it looks so horrible. I haven't used any other product other than Wen so it must be the problem right? I'm so upset I wanted beautiful hair like the commercial promised...

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

I have used WEN regularly for probably 20 years and I love it. I feel horrible for what some have gone through but I have not had any problems and my hairdresser says my hair is very healthy and she sees no reason not to continue with it. I even gave her some to try and she loves it. I have always had really thin dry hair though and I only need to wash it once or twice per week. After "cleansing" twice and rinsing that out, I put a small amount of the hydrating hair mask in while I shower and then rinse it out. Then I combine small amounts of the Cleansing Creme, anti-frizz styling Creme and the hydrating mask and massage in and leave that in.

I have tried different stuff through the years but always go back to WEN. I have even started taking it with me when I get my hair done because I was always coming home and using it afterward because I hated how my hair felt with the salon product (which I used to love). I have tried the WEN six-thirteen product and love it too. I regularly get compliments on my hair - I have no complaints and love it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I bought the set of almond shampoo, conditioner and something else. Thought it would help my hair. But it caused my hair to start falling out and my hair has been falling out ever since. It also made my scalp itch. It must been over a year ago when I ordered it and started using it. They did cancel my order for me. I am from Dudley, mo.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chez Dean?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I have been using Wen for about 2 yrs now and I love it!! My hair was thin and brittle, curly and dry. It would never grow past my shoulders. Now it's down past the middle of my back, thicker, soft and moisturized. I don't use all the products only the cleansing conditioner, 6/13 and the gel. What I have noticed is when people I've recommended it to, they don't read the directions. Do NOT rub into your scalp! It's not like the cheap shampoos, it's not made for the scalp. I put it in my hair and stroke it through. I rub my scalp as I rinse it away. My husband has thick long curly hair and he started using it about 3 months ago and he's addicted now. I guess it's each person's reaction, just like anything else you may use. Other shampoos never helped my hair. Thank goodness for Wen!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I having been using Wen products for over two years (2013). When I saw my hair coming out I thought because of not combing everyday. Later I ask my daughter about my hair thinning and she said yes but she saw it in the bathroom. I have lost big globs of hair as I comb my hair. I stop using it now for six months and I'm not losing my hair as much now. I will never use Wen again. It is taking out my hair and I come from a family with thick and long full heads of hair.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I have been using WEN hair products for roughly 15 years now. I keep my hair very long so I needed a hair product that worked for me. I use the sweet almond hair product. It has been a saving grace for me. My hair is more manageable, soft and surprisingly holds its color while all my friends around me have gone gray long ago. I will never stop using WEN. I am just sad that other people have not found the same joy I have found with this product. I guess not all products work for everyone.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I was using Wen for a little over a year now and I liked the product because it made my hair clean. But lately about 4 months ago I noticed my hair getting scarce on my head and I was wondering what's going wrong. I never used any other product or other shampoo on my head. I frequently ask myself why is my hair dropping until I did research on the product and saw all the negative reviews about the same problem I'm having and all the different lawsuits. I have another full bottle which I would never use again because it's making my hair fall out.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

I ordered the WEN care for myself and my sister. Instantly my scalp began to itch and within days my scalp was peeling. I'm not talking about flaking, like dandruff, that I have never had by the way. I'm talking huge chunks of skin peeling from my scalp. My husband, normally oblivious to things of that nature, even commented about the huge chunks of my scalp he found in his fingers when touching my hair. I originally thought it had to be a coincidence of some sort since I'd just had my hair done so I stopped using WEN for a week. After that the first time I used WEN again huge chunks of my scalp were peeling off. It was disgusting. After stopping I have never had any problems with my hair, color or scalp. But I spent over 300 dollars on the products cause I believed their bs infomercials. I would NOT buy this product ever.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

I got Wen hair products as a gift, sadly for me it was a nightmare. I used it for only three weeks before my shower floor was filled with hair! I couldn't figure out what was happening. The product was created and sold by a famous hairdresser and it was still on the market with no warnings or alerts. Then my daughter told me she had heard about others who had the same results, so I started looking for information. I found that THOUSANDS of other women had similar results. Now what do I do? I had healthy, shiny hair, now thin and dry. Rogaine is not the answer. Someone help me. Tell other women so they don't lose their hair also.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

DON'T SIGN UP!! My thick hair is now thin… And to top it off, they won't cancel my order!! I just spent 25 minutes on the phone trying to get them to credit me for product they never even sent! I cancelled in JULY, then they charged me AGAIN in JULY, OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER!!! Crooked Company.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I wanted to let people know that not all customers are experiencing the same thing. My husband bought me the paramagranic Wen conditioner for some time now from QVC. I just love it. My hair is very good when I use it. No complaints. It the best conditioner I have ever used. Wen for life. I am 58 years old and have used it for at least 5 years.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I would give this no stars if possible. There was nothing wrong with my hair before using Wen. I saw it on QVC. Decided to try. After a few months my hair started falling out, hair became extremely dry like hay, got couple sores on head. My hairdresser told me to stop product. I had to cut my long hair off - it was ruined. She kept cutting, gave me treatments to try to restore condition of my hair, told me what products to use to shampoo condition hair. Took couple months for sores to go away. Even after year & half still have issues with dryness. I wrote review on QVC & warned people not to use & told them what happened to my hair.

Wen company wanted to talk to me but I have nothing to say to them. They can't give me my hair back. I am still cutting, doing treatments for dryness at least 1x a week. My hairdresser said Wen builds up on shaft of hair - clogs it up. I believe her. No. I was not stressed or ill or anything else. Wen wants to say to people who used his product. All I did was use Wen. All his products went in the garbage. I did not buy from some 3rd rate outlet. I bought Wen from QVC.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I just became aware that there is a law suit regarding Wen hair products and others losing their hair. I purchased 2 large quarts of Wen from QVC and experienced hair loss but did not equate the hair loss with the Wen product until I read several other complaints from others who experienced the same problem. I'd like to know if it's too late to join in the suit as I had to wear hair extensions to cover the hair loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I was using WEN religiously - a lot of their products. I began to notice that my hair was thinning and when I showered I would run my fingers through my hair and would notice a lot of hair in them. I didn't anything at first because I wasn't sure but then I began to see posts with other women experiencing the same thing! At that point I stopped using WEN. I think I was ordering their products for over a year. I will say their Customer Service was pretty good. I had an account but I think I had multiples from ordering online so I cannot access it online. OOOPS I even deleted my folder with the emails. I'll look at home I am sure I still have a box with Product.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I have been using WEN for about three years now. Before I started using WEN, my hair was thick, curly, healthy, and reached the middle of my back. I loved the way WEN cleaned the hair products off my hair, but ever since I began using it, my hair started falling out. At first it was light thinning & the longer I used it, the worse it got until eventually my hair was falling out by the handful every time I washed it. Throughout the last three years, I have gone to at least three doctors for blood work to see if my hair loss was due to a hormonal imbalance or vitamin deficiency, & nothing was wrong. So, thanks to WEN, my hair went from being approximately 20 inches long to about FOUR inches in length. I am now having to wear almost a full head of hair extensions thanks to Wen!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I got the Wen product for my birthday in March 2016 from one of my friends. I used it and thought it was the best product ever. Smelled wonderful. But in August 2016 I noticed my hair coming out in the shower. I started to get these scabs on my head. At first I thought I was too stressed but after a Google search I realized it wasn't just me. That A LOT of people are having the same problems.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I too, like so many others, was using Wen hair products in the past and had hair loss to the point of seeing a dermatologist in July of 2014. She gave me a script for **, but I was never able to get it filled due to the cost of it. While using Wen, my hair brush was full every time I brushed it and the shower drain became clogged several times due to my increased hair loss. My hairdresser couldn't believe how thin my hair had become. I never linked my hair loss to the Wen products because I was going through some stress at the time and thought that's what was causing it. I didn't realize until I recently saw other people coming forward with similar stories and seeing the timeline of my own hair loss, that it had to be the Wen hair products.

I never mentioned using Wen to the dermatologist or anyone else, for that matter because who would have thought that a hair care product that was supposed to be good for your hair, could have caused this. I used the product for probably a month. A few months after stopping the Wen hair care products, my hairdresser noticed a lot of new hair growth. I was lucky. Even though it has taken over 2 years, my hair is thicker now, but not nearly as thick as it was before using Wen. It definitely needs to be pulled from the market! My customer # was **. I have included a picture of some old products I still have from when I was using them. I never took pics of my hair loss because frankly I was embarrassed by the way I looked.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

I started using WEN a few years ago. In April 2014 my boss noticed a bald spot the size of a quarter on the top of my head. It was so embarrassing to have. It grew to a fist size. Took 2 years to grow hair on that spot. I now have a new spot size of a nickel. Please help me with this issue.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

I have been using WEN products for a couple of years now. I do love how soft my hair is after using and at first the amount of body it gave me hair but after a few months I noticed my hair coming out in gobs in the shower when rinsing the cleansing conditioner out every time I washed my hair. Over the past several months my hair has gotten significantly thinner all over. I didn't associate it to this product at first, but now after reading these same results from all of these women it is very clear that WEN has caused all of my hair loss and now very thin head of hair. I just cancelled my subscription and will never use again. I sure hope I get some regrowth soon!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

I've been a member of WEN since April 2015. Before WEN my natural 4c hair was lovely, strong, healthy, & growing on my passport. August 2015 noticed my hair began to fall out in my hands as I pulled WEN Sweet Almond Mint cleansing conditioner through my hair as directed. Thought I wasn't rinsing long enough. Also had a family member battling cancer during my WEN period. So thought maybe it was stressed related. In August 2016, my mom told me of WEN causing hair loss. I just cowashed with WEN to verify and once again my hair is falling out in my hands as I pulled WEN product through my hair as directed. I have thinning at my hairline and itching at my nape. Since WEN, my hair is short and falls out in my hands during cowash. I'm returning my October shipment and canceling my membership. Never again will I use WEN.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

I love my Wen hair care, not only do I use it but couldn't live without it. My mom and two sisters and a few nieces do too and it's been about 10 years that we all been using it. I couldn't say enough about it. I just love it so much. I hope that they don't stop making it. Some people just don't want to admit it that their hair is falling out and that is just nature.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

I have naturally blonde hair, very beautiful Always, definitely my best feature forever. People have always commented on the soft, beautiful color and the lovely natural waviness. I started using Wen, and I loved it. It was great. Then, I noticed my hair coming out in the shower. My brush is Full of my hair, but MY hair on my head is almost ALL GONE! I have maybe 1/4 of the hair I used to have. I stopped using Wen, but my hair is NOT growing back... I have a good life, good diet, etc, just no hair now. I want my hair back, but nothing's helped. I KNOW Wen did this to me, and I'm in tears writing this. I truly WISH I had never used this product. This is tragic to me. My hair is the one thing that made me really stand out, but now I am almost bald. It's disgusting and I don't know what to do! Thank you for allowing me to comment!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

Started using Wen about 3 years ago. I really liked how my hair felt. I thought it was looking healthy. I began experiencing instances of severe itching on my scalp and pimples. I thought maybe I didn't rinse well enough. About 6 months ago I thought my hair started looking thinner. About a year ago my stylist and I were talking and she mentioned she had heard something about Wen causing hair loss. I poo pooed it. I figured it was another false posting or something. Now I wish I had checked into it then. I'm afraid it may be too late. I'm losing a large amount of strands. Fortunately I am almost finished with my last bottle. I hate to waste anything but I am not going to finish it. I plan to speak to my stylist for a recommendation.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

I am confused with this lawsuit with Wen. I've been using it for 6 years and my hair has not fallen out. Maybe it's the kind customers are ordering. I don't know what to say. I really hope that Wen doesn't go out of business because it's all I use and refuse to use anything else because I've tried other conditioners and they all don't compare to Wen.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

I started using Wen shampoo several years ago from QVC. I'm sure someone could always get a hold of QVC and check the dates. I believe I probably have at least 14 unopened bottles of Wen. They were special value of the day and I wanted to stack up on them. Now I'm thinking what the heck do I do with all that money and the bottles that I cannot use. I think I noticed my hair falling out about 2 years ago getting really thin. I told my friend Ruth "What the heck is going on? I'm losing my hair. It's in the sink."

For quite a while I did not know what was going on only that my hair was becoming thinner and thinner. Then my friend saw something on internet about Wen being sued for ladies' hair falling out and she told me about it. Since then I have quit using Wen. My hair's not falling out as much but I still have very thin in spots. What am I supposed to do with all these bottles and all that money I spent that I will not use again and what about my hair being so thin you can see my scalp? What are my rights? You can check this with QVC as to when I stop.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

I started using WEN early 2015. After a few months, I noticed my hair falling out more than usual. This continued for months and is still falling out. I stopped using WEN because I felt the build up on my hair was too much and switched back to regular shampoo. Hair continued to fall out. When I got my hair colored, now months after I stopped using WEN, my hairdresser was concerned at the amount of hair that fell out during the washing/brushing process and asked if it was okay to continue. Due to this condition, I had asked if he could get the non-ammonia color which he did so we moved forward. At this point I have no knowledge of the WEN complaints and my hair continues to fall out more than usual.

When I had my annual physical, I addressed the hair issue and she had extra blood work drawn that all came back negative. Here we are, at least a year and a half from the start of use of the product, and at least a year from stopping the product and the fallout has slowed, but still more than what is usual for me. I am thankful that I had a very, very full head of hair to begin with and the loss has been over the entire head so I do not have bald spots, but I am amazed at the reduction in the size of my ponytail. Overall, I didn't love the product anyway and did not make the connection of the hair loss with WEN until my daughter told me, she read something about it. I will locate the receipt and add it to this post at a later date as requested by the site.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

I started using WEN about five years ago. I got my first bottle from a friend. At that time my hair was very dry due to coloring it blonde. The first two years I used Wen, my hair was no longer brittle, dull and lifeless. Wen transformed my blonde locks to be full of shine, bounce and vibrant. Strangely, as time went on and I kept buying more Wen (The Originals as well as the 613 conditioner), my hair started to slip off my scalp... literally. I didn't use Wen as often as some of these other poor souls on this website. I would wash my hair twice a week usually and only used Wen as a conditioner because I noticed that since my hair was no longer dry, if I washed it with Wen twice (as recommended) in one sitting, my hair would be flat and oily. So my hair loss was gradual.

Before WEN, I'd lose maybe 2-6 hair strands in the shower but after using WEN for about 2.5 yrs, I'd lose about 15-40 strands per wash. I don't know if they changed the formula but my hair was no longer holding onto my scalp. I used Pomegranate 99% of the time since I learned early on that the Sweet Almond mint gave me a rash and I was scratching my scalp like crazy. I will never use or recommend Wen to anyone. I feel bad about recommending it to so many friends and family. Most stopped using it due to leaving their scalp and hair to oily or having their hair break off. With the Pomegranate and 613, I experienced hair loss. I'm sure I would have experienced more if I used it as often and in large amounts as some of the people on this site.

SO WHAT DID I DO TO REGROW MY HAIR??? My MD gave me a oil treatment steroid. It didn't have appealing ingredients in there and the smell was very alcoholic. I tossed it in the trash and didn't use it. I did some research on my own and what I decided to do was reach for COCONUT OIL. It soothes any inflammation, redness, rash, etc within minutes of application. I'd use a non-sulfate shampoo called BIOTENE H-24. You can buy it at Sprouts and GNC for $8-$10. I didn't use the conditioner.

I'd wash my hair in semi warm/cool water. I'd flip my head DOWN and gently wash my hair. I'd then Mix 10-15 drops of pure LAVENDER oil from Mountain Rose Herbs into a gallon of drinking water. I'd shake the bottle and then pour it all over my head and hair like a rinse. I'd pat dry my hair. For some who have inflammation on the scalp, try Coconut oil. I did this in some areas of my scalp and it stopped the pain in about a minute. I did this for five months. It is six months to this date and I finally noticed small hairs coming through... finally... a breakthrough. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

I used WEN for about 5 years without any problems at all. My hair was strong, healthy and shiny. I learned early on that you need to rinse your hair out for an extended amount of time in order for it to rinse clean. Once I felt like the product was rinsed out I rinsed again to be sure, otherwise I would get greasy at the roots. I stopped using it about a year before the hair loss stories started hitting the media at the direction of my hair stylist. We noticed that my hair color was washing out, not covering my grey and becoming dingy too soon after coloring. She said that WEN leaves a waxy coating on your hair, so I switched to a product called Unwash.

It is the same concept of a shampoo and conditioner in one step, it will not lather up like a shampoo and it rinses out much easier than the WEN product. My hair is not as shiny as it was with WEN, but my hair color lasts and let’s face it when you are spending $200 in a day at the salon for a cut and color the color better last.

WEN by Chaz Dean Company Information