1.51/5
Based on 1,116 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Foothill Ranch, CA

Last updated: April 18, 2018

1117 WEN by Chaz Dean Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

I am disgusted that people are jumping on the bandwagon saying that this product is harmful and causes hair loss! I purchase my WEN through QVC on Easy Pay. I started using WEN six years ago DUE TO HAIR LOSS! I have Thyroid problems which causes dry, brittle nails and hair. My hair was saved by WEN! I cannot afford WEN all the time, so I use a regular national brand to combat the effects on my budget, but when it seems that my hair is getting bad- dry, brittle and falling out, I go strictly to WEN for a period of 2-3 months and have beautiful hair because of it!

Maybe these people having problems with their hair falling out need to see a naturalist or holistic doctor who believes in new standards for Thyroid testing (as most regular doctors do not!) and get their thyroid checked by a professional who cares about the whole person and not the drug companies who push their synthetic garbage on uneducated patients who never get better! Sounds like people need to wake up and stop being herded like SHEEP!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I began using Wen and noticed that my hair was thinning. After a time I developed bald spots in areas that were itchy and blistering. I received a series of treatments from my dermatologist and hair regrowth was poor. Once Wen was stopped the hair regrew in one area but the other area remains elusive.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I first began using the WEN products after seeing a commercial on TV as well. I have naturally thick, black, and long hair. I used the almond mint conditional cleanser and I was devastated when I discovered that I had irreparable hair loss. The worst part was the whole time I thought WEN was helping me but it wasn't. It was making me worse when I stopped using it, and then after I started it would make things worse. I'm left with thinning hair that has added years to my face. I look older than before my use of the WEN products. I'm not able to wear certain hairstyles and my ponytail looks as if it has about 5 strands of hair. It's been two years and I haven't recovered any of my hair loss. I have contacted the FDA, and have complained to Sephora and the FB for WEN as well.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

I purchased the WEN set from the infomercial and received for a couple months before purchasing online or in stores. A lady I worked with said she and her daughter started using it and loved it and said their hair was softer and easier to manage than ever. My (then 15-year old) daughter and I started using. She is now 19 and has been complaining for a couple of years that her hair is getting so thin and has actually asked for Bosley.

I bought her different brands of biotin and she has tried castor oil hair treatments as well as other different hair repair treatments, but it continues to thin. She is very healthy and had beautiful hair. She is still beautiful but I do notice how much thinner her hair is. I had noticed handfuls of hair in the shower after I used WEN but attributed it to my age and my stress level. Over the past year my hair has become about half as thick as it was and every time I look in the mirror I think my hairline at my forehead is just pitiful. I've always had long, healthy, wavy hair. My husband would run his hands through it and ask how I had such pretty hair. He hasn't don't that in a year.

If you try running your hand through it you pull out a wad of dry hair that tangles. If it was just me I wouldn't even consider attributing my thinning hair to WEN, but when my beautiful daughter is suffering the same, I have to consider WEN is the culprit. I don't buy cheap products, but even Caviar and Kenra haven't helped our hair situation.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

I started using Wen products exclusively over 4 years ago. I loved it! I gave it as gifts. I recommended it. I even took it with me to my hair stylist and insisted she use it instead of any other product she had in her salon because my thick beautiful hair was falling out and fragile and I wanted only the best products to be used on my "thinning" hair!! Was I wrong? I now believe I was! I had no idea about the class action lawsuit until today when I received an e-mail about it. I am so sad because I have lost over 60% of my hair and I have been blaming it on age and thyroid even though my blood tests were negative and I'm in my early 50's.

Over the past 3 years I have tried so many things to stop my hair loss and the Dr.s are out of ideas. I have lots of product left and I just used it a few hours ago but I am never going to use Wen again after reading several pages of consumer reviews just like mine. I miss my hair so much. I hope it will grow back now that I have stopped using Wen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chez Dean?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

We purchased the WEN product set after seeing the infomercial thinking it looked like a great product. We bought it in January 2016. I noticed in March my hair was thinning dramatically. Instead of relating it to the new product I had introduced I thought it was maybe a result of the testosterone therapy I had been on for the last 38 months with no side effects. So I / we of course didn't stop using the WEN product, instead I bought biotin supplements and organic hair re growth shampoo which slowed the problem but did not stop it. I also color my partner's hair for her and had been telling her it looked like her hair was thinning and that she should try the organic shampoo I was using...

At one point during all this from Jan - Nov I thought a couple of times that maybe it could be this new nourishing mousse I was using DAILY to style my hair. Nah that can't be it. Then on 11/25 I got the email that informed of the lawsuit and about what this stuff has been doing to people's hair. I immediately stopped using this product and I am continuing my biotin and silk protein conditioner which is helping with my regrowth. Same goes for my partner. Sigh...

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I started using WEN maybe 4 years ago. At first I loved it. I noticed my hands full of hair while rinsing out, unfortunately I didn't attribute it to WEN. How could it possibly be this product. My husband started telling me how thin my hair was getting. I stopped using it, and cancelled future orders. Far too late! My hair is very thin now, and feels like straw. Thanks Chaz Dean for ruining my once beautiful hair! I am so embarrassed about my hair, I hate to leave the house. I don't know if my hair will ever be soft and full again. Very depressing. I would never use that product again!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I started using WEN about 5 years ago. At first it made my hair very soft and easy to manage. I was sure that I had found a gem. After about 6 months, my healthy, thick hair became very thin. My scalp began to form small blister like sore. I didn't relate it to the WEN until about three months later. I discontinued using WEN products. After about 14 1/2 months, my hair started to thicken and the blistery sore were complete gone.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I first began using the Wen products after seeing a commercial on TV over and over again of Holly Robison Peete saying how wonderful the product worked on her hair. She had hair like mine. She sometimes wore it curly, but she would also wear her hair straight. I've always had hair that people would compliment me on because it was soft and full. So I was devastated when I discovered that I had ill repairable hair loss. I didn't realize why my hair seemed so thin, but when seeing my hairstylist, she told me "Whatever you're using on your hair, STOP!" She rubbed portions of my scalp and said that I had a lot of thinning and a huge bald spot. I was extremely upset.

I had been working on wearing my hair natural, so I wasn't putting heat on my hair and I thought that the Wen products were totally safe for keeping my hair moisturized. I was wrong. I'm left with thinning hair that has added years to my face. I look older than before my use of the Wen products. I'm not able to wear certain hairstyles and my ponytail looks as if it has about 20 strands of hair. It's been two years and I haven't recovered any of my hair loss. I did seek medical attention, taking shots to my scalp to repair the hair loss. To date, there has been no change.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I purchased the Wen product line directly from the website. After using it for just a few weeks my hair changed drastically from full and thick to alarmingly thin. My stylist urged me to stop using it the first time she saw how thin my hair had suddenly gotten and noticing scans on my scalp (I hadn't even noticed that). She gave me samples of Nixon to try to repair the damage but it took over two years for the volume to return to normal after stopping use. Then last week I ran out of shampoo for my dog who needed a bath. I had a partially full bottle of Wen left so I used that. What a dummy! The next day as I was petting him I noticed large bumps covering his back and his stomach. I can't confirm that it was caused by the Wen product but it seems an unlikely coincidence. I have friends who absolutely love the Wen line of hair care, but it has been nothing but a nightmare for this household!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

My husband and I started using Wen hair products about 5 years ago. We both have always had good, strong, thick hair. Till 2016. We both all of a sudden started getting thinning of our hair. This year has been a very bad time for us. We were on auto delivery with QVC for a long time, got the Wen kits and just thought it was the best. What a big mistake. It has really taken a big toll on my self esteem to say the least. My hair is no longer pretty and one side is way shorter than the other from also breakage. I don't go anywhere unless I have to.

I cry and feel sick inside all the time that I listened to all the so called great things about this product. These people like me are for real and it is horrible to go through. Just want my hair back so I can feel good about myself once again. Pay attention to these people. It is no joke and it can happen when you least expect it. When April came this year my hair was gone by June. Don't use this product. I have been with QVC for (years) and am still surprised that they sell this product. Again if anyone sees this please pay attention. It is soooo for real...

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

While using this product it does make your hair soft. However, my hair is been falling out in clumps. I have been using this product for about two or three years. My hair loss has now become so visible and apparent it can be seen in the mirror as I do my make up. This is extremely horrifying and embarrassing. Will my hair grow back? I have always been that woman in every situation where people grab my hair and say "Oh my gosh your hair is so beautiful, thick and curly."

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I have been using Wen for over a year, but lately I notice my hair in my hands when I use it, and my scalp is icky. My hair is dry and looks like hay... I was only washing my hair about 2x a week so I guess it took longer for me to notice the issue. I'm looking to use a new product... but unfortunately I have to get my long hair cut because it looks so horrible. I haven't used any other product other than Wen so it must be the problem right? I'm so upset I wanted beautiful hair like the commercial promised...

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

I have used WEN regularly for probably 20 years and I love it. I feel horrible for what some have gone through but I have not had any problems and my hairdresser says my hair is very healthy and she sees no reason not to continue with it. I even gave her some to try and she loves it. I have always had really thin dry hair though and I only need to wash it once or twice per week. After "cleansing" twice and rinsing that out, I put a small amount of the hydrating hair mask in while I shower and then rinse it out. Then I combine small amounts of the Cleansing Creme, anti-frizz styling Creme and the hydrating mask and massage in and leave that in.

I have tried different stuff through the years but always go back to WEN. I have even started taking it with me when I get my hair done because I was always coming home and using it afterward because I hated how my hair felt with the salon product (which I used to love). I have tried the WEN six-thirteen product and love it too. I regularly get compliments on my hair - I have no complaints and love it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I bought the set of almond shampoo, conditioner and something else. Thought it would help my hair. But it caused my hair to start falling out and my hair has been falling out ever since. It also made my scalp itch. It must been over a year ago when I ordered it and started using it. They did cancel my order for me. I am from Dudley, mo.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I have been using Wen for about 2 yrs now and I love it!! My hair was thin and brittle, curly and dry. It would never grow past my shoulders. Now it's down past the middle of my back, thicker, soft and moisturized. I don't use all the products only the cleansing conditioner, 6/13 and the gel. What I have noticed is when people I've recommended it to, they don't read the directions. Do NOT rub into your scalp! It's not like the cheap shampoos, it's not made for the scalp. I put it in my hair and stroke it through. I rub my scalp as I rinse it away. My husband has thick long curly hair and he started using it about 3 months ago and he's addicted now. I guess it's each person's reaction, just like anything else you may use. Other shampoos never helped my hair. Thank goodness for Wen!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I having been using Wen products for over two years (2013). When I saw my hair coming out I thought because of not combing everyday. Later I ask my daughter about my hair thinning and she said yes but she saw it in the bathroom. I have lost big globs of hair as I comb my hair. I stop using it now for six months and I'm not losing my hair as much now. I will never use Wen again. It is taking out my hair and I come from a family with thick and long full heads of hair.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I have been using WEN hair products for roughly 15 years now. I keep my hair very long so I needed a hair product that worked for me. I use the sweet almond hair product. It has been a saving grace for me. My hair is more manageable, soft and surprisingly holds its color while all my friends around me have gone gray long ago. I will never stop using WEN. I am just sad that other people have not found the same joy I have found with this product. I guess not all products work for everyone.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I was using Wen for a little over a year now and I liked the product because it made my hair clean. But lately about 4 months ago I noticed my hair getting scarce on my head and I was wondering what's going wrong. I never used any other product or other shampoo on my head. I frequently ask myself why is my hair dropping until I did research on the product and saw all the negative reviews about the same problem I'm having and all the different lawsuits. I have another full bottle which I would never use again because it's making my hair fall out.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

I ordered the WEN care for myself and my sister. Instantly my scalp began to itch and within days my scalp was peeling. I'm not talking about flaking, like dandruff, that I have never had by the way. I'm talking huge chunks of skin peeling from my scalp. My husband, normally oblivious to things of that nature, even commented about the huge chunks of my scalp he found in his fingers when touching my hair. I originally thought it had to be a coincidence of some sort since I'd just had my hair done so I stopped using WEN for a week. After that the first time I used WEN again huge chunks of my scalp were peeling off. It was disgusting. After stopping I have never had any problems with my hair, color or scalp. But I spent over 300 dollars on the products cause I believed their bs infomercials. I would NOT buy this product ever.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

I got Wen hair products as a gift, sadly for me it was a nightmare. I used it for only three weeks before my shower floor was filled with hair! I couldn't figure out what was happening. The product was created and sold by a famous hairdresser and it was still on the market with no warnings or alerts. Then my daughter told me she had heard about others who had the same results, so I started looking for information. I found that THOUSANDS of other women had similar results. Now what do I do? I had healthy, shiny hair, now thin and dry. Rogaine is not the answer. Someone help me. Tell other women so they don't lose their hair also.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

DON'T SIGN UP!! My thick hair is now thin… And to top it off, they won't cancel my order!! I just spent 25 minutes on the phone trying to get them to credit me for product they never even sent! I cancelled in JULY, then they charged me AGAIN in JULY, OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER!!! Crooked Company.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2016

I wanted to let people know that not all customers are experiencing the same thing. My husband bought me the paramagranic Wen conditioner for some time now from QVC. I just love it. My hair is very good when I use it. No complaints. It the best conditioner I have ever used. Wen for life. I am 58 years old and have used it for at least 5 years.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I would give this no stars if possible. There was nothing wrong with my hair before using Wen. I saw it on QVC. Decided to try. After a few months my hair started falling out, hair became extremely dry like hay, got couple sores on head. My hairdresser told me to stop product. I had to cut my long hair off - it was ruined. She kept cutting, gave me treatments to try to restore condition of my hair, told me what products to use to shampoo condition hair. Took couple months for sores to go away. Even after year & half still have issues with dryness. I wrote review on QVC & warned people not to use & told them what happened to my hair.

Wen company wanted to talk to me but I have nothing to say to them. They can't give me my hair back. I am still cutting, doing treatments for dryness at least 1x a week. My hairdresser said Wen builds up on shaft of hair - clogs it up. I believe her. No. I was not stressed or ill or anything else. Wen wants to say to people who used his product. All I did was use Wen. All his products went in the garbage. I did not buy from some 3rd rate outlet. I bought Wen from QVC.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I just became aware that there is a law suit regarding Wen hair products and others losing their hair. I purchased 2 large quarts of Wen from QVC and experienced hair loss but did not equate the hair loss with the Wen product until I read several other complaints from others who experienced the same problem. I'd like to know if it's too late to join in the suit as I had to wear hair extensions to cover the hair loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I was using WEN religiously - a lot of their products. I began to notice that my hair was thinning and when I showered I would run my fingers through my hair and would notice a lot of hair in them. I didn't anything at first because I wasn't sure but then I began to see posts with other women experiencing the same thing! At that point I stopped using WEN. I think I was ordering their products for over a year. I will say their Customer Service was pretty good. I had an account but I think I had multiples from ordering online so I cannot access it online. OOOPS I even deleted my folder with the emails. I'll look at home I am sure I still have a box with Product.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I have been using WEN for about three years now. Before I started using WEN, my hair was thick, curly, healthy, and reached the middle of my back. I loved the way WEN cleaned the hair products off my hair, but ever since I began using it, my hair started falling out. At first it was light thinning & the longer I used it, the worse it got until eventually my hair was falling out by the handful every time I washed it. Throughout the last three years, I have gone to at least three doctors for blood work to see if my hair loss was due to a hormonal imbalance or vitamin deficiency, & nothing was wrong. So, thanks to WEN, my hair went from being approximately 20 inches long to about FOUR inches in length. I am now having to wear almost a full head of hair extensions thanks to Wen!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I got the Wen product for my birthday in March 2016 from one of my friends. I used it and thought it was the best product ever. Smelled wonderful. But in August 2016 I noticed my hair coming out in the shower. I started to get these scabs on my head. At first I thought I was too stressed but after a Google search I realized it wasn't just me. That A LOT of people are having the same problems.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

I too, like so many others, was using Wen hair products in the past and had hair loss to the point of seeing a dermatologist in July of 2014. She gave me a script for **, but I was never able to get it filled due to the cost of it. While using Wen, my hair brush was full every time I brushed it and the shower drain became clogged several times due to my increased hair loss. My hairdresser couldn't believe how thin my hair had become. I never linked my hair loss to the Wen products because I was going through some stress at the time and thought that's what was causing it. I didn't realize until I recently saw other people coming forward with similar stories and seeing the timeline of my own hair loss, that it had to be the Wen hair products.

I never mentioned using Wen to the dermatologist or anyone else, for that matter because who would have thought that a hair care product that was supposed to be good for your hair, could have caused this. I used the product for probably a month. A few months after stopping the Wen hair care products, my hairdresser noticed a lot of new hair growth. I was lucky. Even though it has taken over 2 years, my hair is thicker now, but not nearly as thick as it was before using Wen. It definitely needs to be pulled from the market! My customer # was **. I have included a picture of some old products I still have from when I was using them. I never took pics of my hair loss because frankly I was embarrassed by the way I looked.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

I started using WEN a few years ago. In April 2014 my boss noticed a bald spot the size of a quarter on the top of my head. It was so embarrassing to have. It grew to a fist size. Took 2 years to grow hair on that spot. I now have a new spot size of a nickel. Please help me with this issue.

WEN by Chaz Dean Company Information