3.57/5

352 FragranceNet.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 12, 2019

So, I stumbled upon these ConsumerAffairs ratings while searching How to review the products I purchased from FragranceNet.com. I am super surprised at the negative reviews, but they are typical customer complaints you will see anywhere. From experience at other retail stores NOT ALL Perfumes and colognes last longer than a few hours and most of the time we do not realize how good we still smell until someone says, “The perfume you are wearing smells great.” One time I purchased a perfume from Sephora (a very well known store) and it lasted about 25 minutes on me and no one can tell I applied it.

With that being said, I purchased from FragranceNet.com back in (I believe) 2016 and both of my perfumes were excellent! I just purchased my husband Invictus cologne and it smells so great!! I sprayed the cologne in my bedroom to smell it (because I would never let him wear something smelly) and it smelled amazing and strong with ONE spray. I went to work; came back 6 hours later and my room still had a faint scent of the cologne which means that on a person it can last about 6 hours depending on what you are doing. Not to mention it is the original Invictus cologne bottle and NOT a knockoff and it was delivered in 5 business days with a notification that it was delivered from the site. When I have the random urge to purchase perfume I will most likely shop on this site again due to the great prices. Before you live by all the negative reviews, try it for yourself, you might be surprised at the outcome.

Original review: March 9, 2019

My wife ordered three fragrances from FragranceNet as presents to me this past Christmas. Dior Sauvage, Dolce & Gabbana The One, and Dunhill Icon. They were evidently out of the Dunhill, but sent a gift set with the EDP, aftershave balm, shower gel, and carrying case at no extra charge. They are all amazing scents, and I get compliments on whichever one I choose to wear. The D&G only lasts about 5 to 6 hours on me. The Dior lasts 12 hours plus. And the Dunhill somewhere in between.

Since that initial order, my wife and I have ordered Bentley for Men Intense and Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy, along with about a dozen sample vials of various colognes and perfumes. I have also fallen in love with the Bentley. It has a similar vibe as the D&G only more rugged and boozy and easily lasts 12 hours plus. I had never been much of a fragrance nut before, using mainly Curve or Drakkar Noir, both of which I still like. I since have watched hundreds of YouTube video reviews by both ordinary people and fragrance connoisseurs. I can confidently testify that all of the fragrances that I have received from FragrancNet are absolutely legitimate. I normally don't take the time to write reviews, but seeing all of the negative ones on here disturbed me to the point of, "Are we talking about the same company?" I will definitely order again.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I purchased total 7 bottles of Ferrari and Jaguar colognes. After my purchase through PayPal, I was browsing internet looking for the reviews about FragranceNet. There are SO MANY BAD REVIEWS! Starting from fake cologne, diluted or simply outdated. There are so many reviews about slow shipping. NOW I WAS WORRIED. I even sent an email to support that why my items are not arriving. Today I got all my colognes and tested it out. I will start from bad side. Clearly shipping is not the fastest. It took almost 2 weeks and more to ship it from NY to Canada Vancouver. After the order, it took 4-5 days to ship it out just from the warehouse. Maybe I ordered during the peak business days. Who knows. However, all the cologne I got seems to be genuine when I tested it.

One came in damaged but nothing to be worried about except decorations are now gone. Atomizer and the cologne itself was perfectly intact. Fragrance lasts hours. All pumps were not used when it arrived. Overall, I have nothing to complain except for slow shipping. But hey, you are getting 60-70 percent discount. What to complain? Maybe there are bad batches other people are getting. However, all my 7 colognes are good anyway. I will order more in ahead of need in the future. Definitely recommended. Oh yeah, their spam mails can get annoying, but why people are so sensitive. Just delete it. :)

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I am a perfume addict that buys from this store on a weekly basis practically. Sometimes even more often. I have received deals of a lifetime on this site over the years. Every order was packed carefully and no mistakes made. I did have an issue once, and customer service sent out a new one immediately without question. ALL of the frags that I have received are in fact authentic and genuine. There is no doubt about this and I am 100% certain that they sell only authentic perfumes. I seriously doubt that they sent "some people" fakes and some get the real thing. They have consistently given me the "authentic and real product" for years and years now. It pains me to see writings to the contrary as they are just NOT true. This store is the most reliable perfume store that I patronize (aside from beautyhabit.com, which is great too). Usually you cannot even find the frags cheaper even on eBay. It is a STELLAR deal.

One time recently though, I got the best deal ever on a 300.00 perfume. It was on sale for $40! I bought it and waited and waited and it never came. Soon, I discovered money had been deposited into my account. It was from them. Refunded with no notice at all. When I looked it up, it said the refund was because out of stock. That same day, I looked up the item and it was on sale for more than double of what it sold for the night before. That was quite depressing. Other than that, I have had literally hundreds of exceptional orders. One out of 100 is not so bad. I will forever be a loyal customer so long as it stays just as great as it is now with the low prices and great customer service.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I am always suspicious when I read reviews that are overwhelmingly bad when I’ve had an experience that is overwhelmingly positive. This always leads me to believe that there is a concerted effort underway to discredit a company or product. Such is the case with FragranceNet.com. I ordered a fragrance at a deep discount (a fragrance I’ve bought before at a much higher price). It arrived at my door five days later - from the opposite coast, no less. The product was nicely packaged (with a few samples tucked in!) in a cardboard box with the fragrance box safely nestled inside.

The fragrance itself was in its original box, sealed with clear film, and one hundred percent authentic (I know because I’ve used it before). In addition, I did have to contact their customer service and I got right through to a real person on the phone. The agent was respectful and helpful. I don’t know where all these bad reviews are coming from, but I had nothing but a great experience with this company, start to finish. Am I one of the privileged few, or were the planets somehow aligned just for me? Haha. I HIGHLY doubt that. Much more likely is that someone is trying to discredit FragranceNet and scare you away, so please keep that in mind.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FragranceNet.com?

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have been buying from Fragrance.net Parfum and Cologne for years and have never had a problem. I use regular service and my items always arrive in exactly in 10 days. During Christmas they make a point to deliver early in the morning. Convenient to avoid theft. Thank you Fragrance.net.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I ordered 2 perfumes from Fragrance.com, CH Carolina Herrera (new) and Jimmy Choo. It seemed too good to be true.... The deal looked awesome and the delivery was fast. I was looking forward to it soo much you can’t imagine my disappointment. First as soon as I opened the box with CH perfume I heard this “jingle” sound!! It sounded like a toy or something broke inside the perfume box. When I took the bottle out it was The CH letters that were making the sound. You can clearly see it was fake. I try it on. The smell didn’t last 2 minutes. It was so diluted and watered down that you can barely smell anything. The other perfume Jimmy Choo, had a bit of the original smell but after 20 minutes it disappears. I spent 103$ dollars on garbage. I’ve learned from my mistake, and I’m not buying anything from them ever again.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I got this bottle for Mother’s Day from FragranceNet.com. It is supposed to be Flowerbomb. It doesn’t look like the same bottle that I got from Macy’s nor does it smell like Flowerbomb! It is a totally different color as well! I’m so disappointed.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I thought this was a great deal but when I received it it was not genuine. Returning it and going to buy at full price at a store. I've been wearing this scent for years and what they sent was not it. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I ordered 5 bottles of thallium at 73 bucks total, normally 60 each and every thing was perfect, no damages, every thing smells great, and ordered Sunday May fifth and received May tenth. Would recommend.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Clean Skin is by far my favorite perfume. I was happy to find it so much cheaper with this company and I am super disappointed in this perfume. It smells NOTHING like Clean Skin. Now I HAVE TO PAY TO SHIP back a fraudulent product. Never again. Stay away!!!

Original review: May 9, 2019

I ordered two perfumes. Viva la Juicy and I love Juicy Couture. I got my box after 3 weeks and when I opened I got only one in there. I call them. No one answer. I emailed them, no one reply. Very disappointed because I paid for two but got one only.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I purchased two bottles of Creed, one 3.3 of GIT and one 2.5 of Royal Water, and both appear to be fake and/or tampered with at a minimum. Out of the two, the Green Irish Tweed looked the most convincing, but the cap was hollow (no cap within a cap type as with legit Creed), and the atomizer top was blank i.e. didn't have Creed stamped on it.

The Royal Water was the worst of the two, same issues with the cap and atomizer top, but the top flap of the box was untucked, and there was no Creed card or fold up multi language pamphlet inside. The bottle also didn't have the quality 'heft' you'd expect with Creed. I've purchased from them once before and got an authentic product, but receiving two sub-par/knockoffs in the same order is unacceptable, and can only be part of a bigger issue that likely goes unnoticed more often than not. Order from Fragrancenet.com at your own risk..

Original review: April 30, 2019

I bought a Moschino Fresh eau de toilette as a cute gift for a friend I was staying at for a couple of days. I wanted to remove the barcode stickers on the back of the bottle as I had to present it nicely (it didn't come boxed). Removing them left me horrified! It clearly stated "TESTER NOT FOR SALE- ILLEGAL SALE" under BOTH stickers which I removed. Now I gave a gift that made me look terrible. Giving her something that looked like a free sample I picked up somewhere... Never mind the fact it says ILLEGAL SALE. So 2 stars. One because it smells great, and the other because shipping was quick. Otherwise, I was pretty peeved.

Original review: April 24, 2019

So before I bought my perfume, Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy, I search and research and I was so confuse because people say they sell original perfume and some say they sell fake. And I just ordered it, it doesn’t take take that long from US to CA, like 5 days and it was on Easter too. When the perfume came I tried it but something off, the box is ok but it just looks kinda different to me, and I tried the perfume it smells not 100% like the original, and then I tried to check the batch code online and nothing appear. And when I check all of my perfume I bought from Shoppers or Bay they show up when is it make, when is it expired, etc. Too bad :(

Original review: April 23, 2019

I am a UK customer and my order was quoted in GB pounds but when I checked my credit card statement the transaction had gone through in USD. Now I understand that I had not read all the small print that actually says that products are sold in USD but my point is my order was quoted in GB pounds with no exchange rate quoted on it. Had they have done just that one simple thing I could have used another credit card that would not have incurred an exchange rate charge or probably in my case not ordered as I ended up paying more than expected by the quote. BUT equally important is the fact that the company has ignored my emails of complaint - fantastic customer service!!!! SO UK BUYERS BEWARE.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I purchase 7 colognes and they all fake. The reason I know this is because I took them to the store (Belk) and they told me they all fake. I was so mad and disappointed. I spend over 400 dollars. I was replacing all my empty ones and you can tell there’s a big difference between the authentic and the fake. Letters are different, labels are different, even the box are different. Buyer beware. Save the headache and go to a retail store. Now I have to return all of this and make a complaint to my credit card company for being scammed into thinking I was buying an Authentic cologne.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I have previously shopped here for years now and have experienced issues/problems but not like this. On 04/03/2019 I placed an online web site order which was confirmed and later received an e-mail stating that the online screening process had CANCELLED my order totaling $305.63 for some lame half-** inept reason. Apparently this business does not need or want my business however they failed to CREDIT back or REFUND the pending charge of $305.63 on my credit card account. Hate waiting for pending charges to drop-off since it takes several days to do so.

Another lame excuse for this business not doing the CANCELLATION properly and CREDITING or REFUNDING the pending charge of $305.63 immediately when their half-** online screening process took it upon itself to CANCEL a valid and correct order?! Shop elsewhere and save yourself the wasted time and aggravation!!!! IgR. 04/05/2019 @ 9:28 PM EDT

Original review: March 16, 2019

Ordered on Tuesday 3-12-2019 at night, it came Friday morning 3-15-2019!!! Not only is it legit, manufacturer boxed cologne, I got it for HALF the price of Macy's or any other place! Free shipping too. I will DEFINITELY be getting ALL my cologne from this site I discovered. All the negative reviews said it takes 2 weeks for delivery... I GOT IT IN 2 DAYS!!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Here is my advice on FragranceNet. 1. Their products are in fact legit. However keep in mind never ever buy testers. Testers are going to be watered down because, they are always watered down in department stores. Always pay the extra few bucks for the boxed product. 2 Do not order on the weekends they are not open. They get delays from so many orders and your product will be late. 3 expect a delay in your product because the warehouse shipping is in fact overwhelmed. But if you order the boxed product you will most likely get a legit product. Follow these steps for a good delivery. Good luck and know this when you get a bargain. There will be certain issues to make up for it.

Original review: March 1, 2019

The orders take forever to process! Don't expect your package to deliver within 2 weeks at least! Seriously would never recommend anyone to shop from these guys. I hope the products are legit at least. Not sure, will wait and see when I get the delivery.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

This perfume did not smell at all like what you would get in a department store. There is no way this is real. It last at the most 5 minutes. My husband doesn’t even smell it when I get in the car and it’s only been on for about 20 minutes.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I just don't understand all the negative reviews. I have been buying for years. The same Eternity. Usually 2 or more at a time. I have NEVER had a problem. Scent lasts forever. Even though I've been wearing this scent for over 20 years my co-workers and others are always amazed by the scent. I even ordered the anniversary scent in a silver bottle. I didn't want use it, just display it but I ended up using it. I also love given gifts and no problems. Bought my son a few different colognes, expensive ones, and he loved them.

By the way, for the women out there, perfume should be put on at the nape of the neck closer to the hair line but not in the hair. The reason for this is that when you move and you hair moves, the scent flows out with you. I was told this by a makeup artist at Neiman Marcus years and years ago. When you put it on your wrist and behind ears you do not always get the true scent. Your body oils are different all over your body. Anyhow this has always worked for me and my friends/family. I have never received a product or packaging that smelled fake. Well, on to placing my order!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Beware!!! First of all I placed an item in my cart - I did not buy but somehow my credit card was charged and the item was shipped out. Upon receipt of the item I requested a return label since I did not order the item. Mind you I just opened the box to put a copy of the return label inside and taped it back up. Took the item to the post office. I did not receive my refund. I inquired about my credit and was told that the returns department received an empty box.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I purchased a Vince Camuto perfume, Giorgio Armani cologne, and Versace cologne. All 3 were terrible. My Vince Camuto doesn’t even last 3 min on my skin. Literally I can just smell it as I spray it on and then it dies and there is nothing to smell on my skin after 3 min. The Acqua Di Gio smells rancid and then leaves a banana scent on my husband, the Pour Homme smells extremely watered down and is gone before the hour. I was so excited to get these magnificent scents for such a deal and it was heart shattering to experience this. Never, ever will I purchase from here again. I should have checked the reviews first. Huge disappointment!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I bought two perfumes from FraganceNet Dark Revel by John Varvatos and Dirty English by Juicy Couture, you can right away feel in both Perfumes too much alcohol and they are cut with water they barely smell and last a few minutes. A total scam. I will never buy anything anymore from FraganceNet!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I was reading the negative reviews and becoming hesitant in making the purchase. Creed Oud at over 50% below retail. I have bought in the past high end men’s perfume and have always been happy with the outcome. Sometimes the bottle caps fit a little loose. The fragrance itself always seemed legit. So for this purchase I decided to go ahead based on my previous experiences although this website was very negative. I ordered a 4 oz 100 ml which they stopped making in 2017. I had a quick communication to confirm order.

Another the next day it was shipped from NJ. It arrived 3 days later. The package looked legit. The product color looked correct. I used some today and here it is 16 hours later and the scent is still there. It is exactly like what I had sampled in Nieman Marcus. So I give it 5 stars and add it on as another satisfied purchase. I had bought Creed Aventus, Creed Vetiver and Parfums de Marley and Tom Ford Oud Wood. All I believe are the real deal. After 3 years all product is still in great condition.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I want so badly to believe that FN sells the real deal and the orders I’ve received seem in every way to be genuine...until...the scent wears off in under an hour. I don’t know if it’s watered down or if it’s a fake that contains only top notes, or maybe it’s really old, but when I would get it from a department store for five times the price, I could smell it on my skin many hours later...but the stuff I get from FN, seems to be gone entirely, within an hour or 2 and it doesn’t even leave a base scent at all. So, they give all these reasons as to how they can discount the price so much, but I’m learning that you get what you pay for and that lesson is very apparent here. I’ve just recently bought another bottle from the department store and I’m going to do a full side by side comparison to once and for all prove to myself that it isn’t my imagination.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I ordered a bottle of perfume for Valentine's Day and it quoted me one discount price and when I got ready to check out it charged me the regular price almost $30.00 more, I immediately cancelled my order 5 minutes later and got no immediate response. The next day they tell me on the phone they could not cancel it, it was too late, and it hasn't even shipped, so don't order anything without being sure of everything, it skipped the summary review page before charging my card, never again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

These guys replicated products. They do not sell original perfumes. Buyers beware and don't waste your money. Bottles are crappy, fragrances are crappy, worst customer service. I will never deal this company ever again.

FragranceNet.com Company Information