FragranceNet.com

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered from this company on more than one occasion. I have never had a fake perfume or a bad experience. I think so many people trying to get over on the company. To be honest how can you go wrong with that 35% off coupons that are always coming out and free shipping. I mean honestly. Don't think media people. I've never had a problem with them yet. All my perfume even the testers they said would come unboxed were sealed and boxed and goodness every other perfume I've ever bought that they told me would come and unpackaged came packaged perfectly with the seals on and everything so not really sure where you people are getting your stuff from. I love FragranceNet.

These guys are crooks. I ordered a large boxed bottle of cologne on eBay, only to find when it arrived that the seal on the bottle had been tampered with and the cologne was diluted. FragranceNet did refund my money when I returned the package, but because I had already left feedback on eBay concerning the fast delivery of the package, I was unable to leave further feedback about the contents. The company is now sending advertising to my personal email address, despite me requesting to be unsubscribed three times. Do not buy from this company.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I wrote a review in regards to not receiving my products and that their sent emails were scams. The emails varied and most were scams, however, my 2 perfumes which were ordered, arrived today 30th and both were authentic fragrances and without damage. The only thing that wasn't received was the free gift, but we can live with that.

Helen of Charlestown, Other on

Original Review

Purchased over $100 worth of perfumes from FragranceNet.com and didn't receive them. Tracking number wouldn't display and an email explaining that the local post office had the delivery was a scam. I live in Australia, and had to cancel my card which was used to make the purchase, and launched an investigation. Such an unfortunate thing to happen, when this business had the potential to make so much more money and gain more clientele. I would strongly advise against shopping on this website, and if one does, then have a separate account only to be used for online shopping.

Made the mistake of ordering two colognes without reading any reviews... BIG MISTAKE! Although, the packaging was boxed and wrapped, the content is fake or very diluted. Ordered Matt Blanc's Legend... Very diluted, smells weak and doesn't last more than 5 minutes. Ordered Fierce by Abercrombie... FAKE!!! Not the scent at all! DO NOT buy anything from this company, and don't even expect to get anyone on the phone. THEY WON'T ANSWER!!! I will never make the mistake of ordering online ever again without reading the reviews!

Ordered Creed Aventus through PayPal. Upon receiving order it was fake. Sent the item back and even though they sent me an email saying they would issue an credit they never did. I opened a claim with PayPal and according to them FragranceNet told them they never received the returned product. After hours of my time I was able to find the FedEx tracking number showing they did receive the product on 12/27/16. Do not do business with this company. They are horrible. As a 100% disabled veteran this caused me a great deal of stress. I hope to take legal action.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FragranceNet.com?

I placed a large order including 8 bottles of perfume for Christmas presents. Our family Christmas was going to be delayed by one week and one day, according to the website, there was plenty of time, to receive my order in time for our Christmas. I confirmed that through a phone call to customer service at which time I placed 2 orders, the largest which was to come to my home for 8 separate presents. I began calling the number listed on the website (several times) when I had not been emailed a tracking number. There was no answer until well after New Year's. LeAnn in customer service could hardly even discuss my orders due to her own confusion. Her supervisor refused to talk to me.

Finally, I was told my orders were 'stuck in the warehouse' for some unknown reason. It took several additional days to send me tracking info. Finally FedEx info showed up but I didn't receive my order until Jan. 8, 2017 and now I have to pay postage on each item to get it to their intended family member as no one lives locally. So, 8 items X $5-6 each of additional postage costs, I have to pay now makes FRAGRANCENET.COM A STINKING PLACE TO DO BUSINESS AND CANNOT RECOMMEND IT. Additionally, Customer Service didn't care! When I asked for the phone number to 'Corporate' I was told 'there isn't one' and was given an address that I could send a letter to -- not even an email address! They don't want to know about any trouble caused by their company so 'Buyer beware -- you have little to no recourse when they screw up.

I placed orders on the 26th and on the 27th assuming both would ship out in a day or two and be here before the new year, but no. The order where I paid $8.95 on shipping didn't even process for four days. Both orders are still there in their warehouse, and I'm sure they will remain there until January 2nd or later. I've been pleased with previous orders, but I can't say that I haven't read many reviews where people got fakes. My advice is to only order 100% sealed bottles that cannot be tampered with without breaking the bottle glass.

Dunhill desire fake! Versace bright crystal fake! Sprayed on my wrist scent last less than 5 minutes vs original last much longer. The first order I kept because I was nice & the last time were different perfumes and right away my wife said they were fake. Do not buy.

Simply stated, the products I ordered were not the products I received. I ordered Strivectin Neck Cream and received something that looked, smelled and felt like animal grease. I ordered Marc Jacobs Daisy and received something that didn't smell like the fragrance I wanted and did not last on my skin like the strength I ordered. I hate this company.

I purchased a gift set of Violet Eyes perfume from Kohl's Dept store for Christmas gift. The perfume last at least 10 hrs. I decided to buy me a bottle, noticed discount offer on the internet. I bought it. The address was wrong (wrong zip code & street name) on the package, luckily the postman knew me or they would had returned it. RED FLAG! I opened the package and compare to the real perfume purchased at Kohl's and I knew I had gotten scammed! Yes, fragrancenet.com are scammers. Their perfume is brown. The real perfume is clear. Their perfume doesn't last 2 hrs. Lastly, I just laughed, because I would had purchased online any ways because of the price. In order to STOP me from being gullible, I had to experience this!! Please don't make my mistake!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE People.

Beware! If it looks too good to be true - IT IS! Always check reviews, people w/ experience saves time & money! On Dec 19th I ordered 2 gifts for Christmas from FragranceNet because they offered Christmas Delivery FREE w/ min purchase. I usually use Perfumania but FragranceNet had a better price/value so I cancelled Perfumania to go with FragranceNet. BIG MISTAKE! With 6 days to receive it, a 2-4 day shipping option I felt I was safe. NOT! I took every precaution - I left a note on the order's site - 'If Not Before Christmas. pls cancel'. I've since called the 800 number to follow up, Thur & Fri, but got recording, "...due to high volume of calls, no one avail to take your call, please call back"... then disconnect.

Two days trying to call, and periodically checking FedEx tracking. I did noticed it didn't even go out til Dec 21! Two days before it even left them! And to make it worse, it was sent with "SmartPost" - 7-10 Days/No Date Specific, End of Day Delivery! Tried calling Corp offices? No answer Fri & closed weekends! Surprise, surprise! Surely the days prior to Christmas are some of their busiest and no one working, answering calls, no customer service in the event of problems? That's unbelievable!

Somehow I still received the Perfumania in 2 days - but had returned it to the store as it was drawn on my bank account - not my CC! Talk about a mess. But in the end, I don't have gifts for Christmas!! I usually read reviews before using online sites, but this outfit looked too big for lousy service; they also go by Discount Perfume. Don't let a cheaper price, the promise for free delivery lull you into a nightmare!

I ordered this gifts online because I'm very ill and am on bed rest. Therefore I paid extra money to get this order before Christmas. However, when I tracked the package. It said it won't be arriving until December 27th. Which is after Christmas. I tried repeatedly to call them yet no one would answer the phone even though I called during normal business hours. I emailed and no response. Please help if you can. I even tried getting a number for their corporate office and there isn't one. Please offer any suggestions or advice as you can. Thank you.

I'm very disappointed by the service and was ripped-off. I paid for expedited shipping to get my package by Christmas and unfortunately won't get it until the Wednesday after. The backstory is that on 12/22/16 at 1:30 p.m. I ordered my item and an hour later received an email that the item was shipped with a tracking number. I checked the status of the shipment several times the following day and USPS didn't receive the package until 6 p.m. 12/23/16 even though I got an email the day BEFORE that the package was sent from FragranceNet.

The worst part is that USPS sent me a text that I wouldn't get my item until 12/28/16! I did not pay $13.95 for 2-business day shipping to NOT get my item until 12/28/16! The was the most expensive shipping option available and I bought the item under the impression that the latest date that the item would get to me is 12/24/16. I called the company's 1-800-727-3867 toll-free number three times and kept getting the message that all agents were busy and the line would hang up.

To top it off the company's website says NO refunds on shipping. "You may return any unopened merchandise (except Skincare, Haircare, and Makeup items) in its original condition, including original packaging and packing slip within 30 days of receipt and you will receive a full refund less shipping and any gift wrapping charges. Any shipping cost you incur to return the product to us will not be refunded. Shipping cost is non-refundable for undelivered, unclaimed or returned packages, unless we made an error."

Yes, they made an error not ensuring that their customers get what they paid for! I paid for 2-business day shipping, was emailed that the item was shipped 12/22/16, and therefore should be getting the package on 12/24/16. But the reality is that THIS company did not ship (or take my package to USPS) until 12/23/16 and that USPS says I won't get it until 12/28/16! This is totally unacceptable and I wish there were other ways to advise people to not waste your money on a company that lies to its customers and whom are hard to get in contact with! Take your business elsewhere.

I purchased two bottles of Jimmy Choo perfumes. Approx. a week later I was shipped only one bottle... just days before Christmas. I called and was assured by a Customer Service Rep. that it will be EXPRESSED SHIPPED and here by Christmas. Clearly that was a lie. The next rep. I spoke with was rude, inconsiderate and had a nasty attitude. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO fragrance.net.

I ordered a few items. Even though quoted a certain price the final amount charged was more expensive, I canceled right away. Was still charged. Informed PayPal who did not help me either. Then took advantage of chatting and was again told to negotiate with my bank and PayPal. To my opinion the company is a cheat and scam and should not be allowed to contact business. Until now I dealt with Strawberry net and was always treated politely and correct. The former are ruining business for correct ones as such.

On Dec. 12, 2016, I ordered two men's cologne from this company. I rec'd the order on Dec. 18, 2016. I opened one of the cologne packages to test the fragrance. It seemed like a weak smell based on my experience with the cologne. Upon closer examination, it appeared that someone, somewhere tampered with the seal of the atomizer. I am drawing my own conclusions, but I cannot prove what actually happened. I suspect that someone tampered with the cologne bottle to either remove some of the cologne or put something else in its place. I suspect that this bottle/cologne is not genuine, therefore, I am skeptical about it being the 'real deal'.

I do not wish to use this cologne anymore and I am attempting to send both items back. After attempting to contact FragranceNet.com for an RMA number several times via phone and two emails without success, I opted to go through PayPal to resolve this issue. I cannot recommend FragranceNet.com because of their poor business model.

I have ordered two perfumes through them and neither were fakes, and I know how to spot a fake perfume, bag, pair of shoes, etc. It's possible that the company has changed, or they've bought fakes on wholesale without knowing. Most perfume bottles are sealed, so there is no way for them to be filled by some other watered down liquid. Some guy is complaining about free magazines... lol. What? It's free. Call the freaking magazine and tell them to stop sending it.

When purchasing the perfume from their website, it showed in CDN dollars and I thought that was what I was being charged. When I look at my bank statement, they had charged me as though the dollars were shown in USD and then proceeded to convert it to CDN which tacked an extra $25 onto my bill! I spent over an hour on hold waiting to speak to a customer service rep and then they said there was nothing they could do or would be willing to do and that it must have been a glitch on my computer. When I asked to speak to a manager they repeatedly said she was busy and wouldn't speak to me. I eventually was hung up on after about an hour and a half of trying to deal with them. I am outraged. Absolute scam. DO NOT BUY FROM FRAGRANCENET!!

I ordered Dolce & Gabbana The one, Prada Luna Rossa Extreme. I know fragrances. I went to the mall and checked out these fragrances with the intention to buy. I always buy from FragranceX and was getting ready to purchase when this site sent me some offer with the prices cheaper. I went ahead and purchase from them. Biggest mistake ever. These guys tried to con me. A scam, dishonest and have not responded to my email complaint yet and I am gonna try my best to let it be know how they are. Thief. That's what we called them.

My final analysis of what happened is they had the original containers, bottle and box looking nice with the labels but the content is not what is purchased. My take based on the scents I checked out at the mall to what they sent me was, I ordered perfume, always, it is more lasting and stronger. The crap they sent was toilette in the perfume container, and they knew what they were doing. That's why I am so disappointed. Now it's been two weeks since I gave them a chance to rectify or address it. No response. This Fragrancenet.com is dishonest.

This website is one of the worst on the internet. I wrote all the details and paid for my order. 4 days later they send me an email saying I have to approve the order before they can ship the order. So I approved the order and had to sent them my details AGAIN. Then three days after that, they send me another email asking if the address is still the same and still haven't sent the order so I canceled the order. Now 4 days after I cancel the order still haven't gotten my money back.

I have shopped online for fragrances and other personal care/beauty products for years. I decided to try FragranceNet.com to try a fragrance they had a good price on. They shipped me the wrong item and when I contacted their customer service, through the chat function and provided the shipping documentation present with the incorrect item, the service rep only offered to allow me to take my time and effort to return the item and that they would not ship the correct item until they received and processed the item they shipped me in error (hair product). I expressed that this was not satisfactory and the rep, Lisa, dropped me from the chat function.

I engaged the chat function again with Lisa to get a managers contact info and to express my displeasure with the customer service. Lisa gave me an email address for a manager, Pamela, who I contacted and never received a response from, and then Lisa dropped me again. I returned the item, and had to contact them again after more than a week of waiting for some kind of recognition or correspondence. FragranceNet finally sent me an email that states I will get a refund at some point after they process the return. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever received and would strongly discourage anyone from spending any money with FragranceNet. They in no real way tried to rectify the situation, past allowing me to help them correct their mistake at my cost!!!!

I live in the UK and I have used this company for a number of years. The stuff I got from them was definitely not fake - but now where I have read the reviews, I wonder what has happened. Here are the scents I ordered: Madame Rochas, Je Reviens (EDP), Eau d'Hadrien, Grey Flannel from Geoffrey Beene. These scents are more old-fashioned than trendsetting - perhaps I was lucky. My question: what do cosmetic companies do to address the matter - other companies tend to address fakes very quickly.

These people need to be put out of business for distributing fake perfume that could possible cause health issues. I will be contacting the FDA requesting investigation of this fraudulent company. I bought Valentina and sent it out to be tested and the results were mind blowing, BEWARE OF THE COMPANY, PERFUME NOT GOOD.

I need to firstly say that although the customer service representative was not overly accommodating she was efficient and apologetic albeit not over when I requested to return their fake perfume. Now on to the review. I really should have known better... I ordered 3 oz of Vera Wang (tester) for under $20... First mistake... Then I ordered Estee Lauder's Beautiful also a tester that was approximately $80... Now keep in mind these are two of my favorites perfumes. So the Vera Wang is a dark brown color... It's supposed to be a pink hue. The scent faded in 0.2 seconds and it smelled watered down to the wateriest degree (I know that's not a word but this perfume was so bad I had to create words to justly describe it's horrible news). The Beautiful although it seemed like the real Beautiful the scent was so faint that I barely knew I was wearing it.

Listen if you want the real thing especially when perfumes that never go on sale in department stores then don't try to get them from this place. These perfumes are either entirely fake, watered down or created by doppelgangers of the authentic designers. Save your money and yourself the hassle and buy the retail at reputable stores.

Do not do business with these people under any circumstances. I purchased perfume and unknowing got subscribed to magazines. They have sent at least three different magazines to me unasked for. Trying to cancel has proven near impossible. They are not worth it. You wait over a half hour to 45 minutes just to get through to their so called customer service. Then you get someone who can't speak proper English. Forget it, don't do it. Move on from their website if you want peace of mind!!

I placed an order Monday night for perfume intended to be a late birthday gift for a date on Friday evening. I purchased the expedited shipping to the tune of $14 because hey, 2-3 shipping on a 4 day purchase should be good, right? Wrong. I called on Wednesday morning (within 10 minutes of them opening) and sat on hold for almost 20 minutes before I even reached anyone. And then the woman who "helped" me was more interested in arguing with me than actually trying to answer my questions. In the end she advised me it would be sent to the warehouse that day, and then shipped that same day. Also wrong!

The order didn't ship until THURSDAY! And it won't even show up until Monday! Are you kidding me!? I paid $14 for 2-3 day shipping and won't get my order for a week. Fantastic. I sent them an E-Mail asking them to explain the delay, but of course I haven't heard back (which is no surprise considering how terrible their customer service is).

Ordered 2 Obagi products on 8/22. Was told shipping would be in 3-5 business days. Looking at day 7 and still no product. Look online at my order and there is no shipping status listed. Have sent a note to their Customer Service 3 times - no answer. VERY poor customer service... Will NOT purchase from these folks again. Wish I had read the reviews on this company before I purchased. As one customer stated it would be better to pay a bit more and go with a reputable company... This is NOT reputable. Fingers crossed I even get my products.:( I only selected 1 star because there was nothing less than that.

I bought 4 perfumes recently. 1. Dolce & Gabbana - The One, 2. Paris Hilton - Tease, 3. Elizabeth Arden - Provocative, and 4. Mariah Carey - M. Dolce & Gabbana smells same as Paris Hilton & Mariah Carey. And they all smell like some cheap ** perfumes. There is also some dirt particles in the D&G perfume bottle. It is a very close replica of the original perfume which I looked at David Jones (Australia). First & Last buy from them. I was scared after reading the reviews about them but still gambled as the price was too good and lost all my money. Good luck to other buyers.

I have been a loyalty customer of this website for quite a long time and used to feel satisfied with the price and quality of the perfume. However, I ordered Dior Addict from this website recently. It stays very short, just about two hours. I had a sample of Dior before and it last much longer than this one. I email them twice to ask about the product but got no response. It is totally like a fake perfume for me this time. They have a terrible customer service. I will never buy from this website again.

I'm curious how Consumer Affairs can speak to the accuracy of its reviews of this site when it appears every review is telling the same thing: these are fakes and they have terrible policies and service. The problem I have are the random rave reviews of how great this company is, which have to be planted by the company... how does Consumer Affairs account for this? For once this seems to be a situation where there are only very few random positive reviews none in between and all the rest horrible. How can these positive reviews be true?

I'm now completely unrealistically cautiously optimistic my order won't be a complete disaster but I'm quite certain I'm to be severely disappointed for my birthday. Why can't Consumer Affairs of all people DO something about this company if it is truly fraudulent. Yes the prices are very low, but not like $10 off the street vendor and you know it's fake. DO SOMETHING TO THIS COMPANY IF THIS MANY PEOPLE ARE BEING CHEATED, PLEASE.

FragranceNet.com Company Profile