FragranceNet.com

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered Dolce & Gabbana The one, Prada Luna Rossa Extreme. I know fragrances. I went to the mall and checked out these fragrances with the intention to buy. I always buy from FragranceX and was getting ready to purchase when this site sent me some offer with the prices cheaper. I went ahead and purchase from them. Biggest mistake ever. These guys tried to con me. A scam, dishonest and have not responded to my email complaint yet and I am gonna try my best to let it be know how they are. Thief. That's what we called them.

My final analysis of what happened is they had the original containers, bottle and box looking nice with the labels but the content is not what is purchased. My take based on the scents I checked out at the mall to what they sent me was, I ordered perfume, always, it is more lasting and stronger. The crap they sent was toilette in the perfume container, and they knew what they were doing. That's why I am so disappointed. Now it's been two weeks since I gave them a chance to rectify or address it. No response. This Fragrancenet.com is dishonest.

This website is one of the worst on the internet. I wrote all the details and paid for my order. 4 days later they send me an email saying I have to approve the order before they can ship the order. So I approved the order and had to sent them my details AGAIN. Then three days after that, they send me another email asking if the address is still the same and still haven't sent the order so I canceled the order. Now 4 days after I cancel the order still haven't gotten my money back.

I have shopped online for fragrances and other personal care/beauty products for years. I decided to try FragranceNet.com to try a fragrance they had a good price on. They shipped me the wrong item and when I contacted their customer service, through the chat function and provided the shipping documentation present with the incorrect item, the service rep only offered to allow me to take my time and effort to return the item and that they would not ship the correct item until they received and processed the item they shipped me in error (hair product). I expressed that this was not satisfactory and the rep, Lisa, dropped me from the chat function.

I engaged the chat function again with Lisa to get a managers contact info and to express my displeasure with the customer service. Lisa gave me an email address for a manager, Pamela, who I contacted and never received a response from, and then Lisa dropped me again. I returned the item, and had to contact them again after more than a week of waiting for some kind of recognition or correspondence. FragranceNet finally sent me an email that states I will get a refund at some point after they process the return. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever received and would strongly discourage anyone from spending any money with FragranceNet. They in no real way tried to rectify the situation, past allowing me to help them correct their mistake at my cost!!!!

I live in the UK and I have used this company for a number of years. The stuff I got from them was definitely not fake - but now where I have read the reviews, I wonder what has happened. Here are the scents I ordered: Madame Rochas, Je Reviens (EDP), Eau d'Hadrien, Grey Flannel from Geoffrey Beene. These scents are more old-fashioned than trendsetting - perhaps I was lucky. My question: what do cosmetic companies do to address the matter - other companies tend to address fakes very quickly.

These people need to be put out of business for distributing fake perfume that could possible cause health issues. I will be contacting the FDA requesting investigation of this fraudulent company. I bought Valentina and sent it out to be tested and the results were mind blowing, BEWARE OF THE COMPANY, PERFUME NOT GOOD.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FragranceNet.com?

I need to firstly say that although the customer service representative was not overly accommodating she was efficient and apologetic albeit not over when I requested to return their fake perfume. Now on to the review. I really should have known better... I ordered 3 oz of Vera Wang (tester) for under $20... First mistake... Then I ordered Estee Lauder's Beautiful also a tester that was approximately $80... Now keep in mind these are two of my favorites perfumes. So the Vera Wang is a dark brown color... It's supposed to be a pink hue. The scent faded in 0.2 seconds and it smelled watered down to the wateriest degree (I know that's not a word but this perfume was so bad I had to create words to justly describe it's horrible news). The Beautiful although it seemed like the real Beautiful the scent was so faint that I barely knew I was wearing it.

Listen if you want the real thing especially when perfumes that never go on sale in department stores then don't try to get them from this place. These perfumes are either entirely fake, watered down or created by doppelgangers of the authentic designers. Save your money and yourself the hassle and buy the retail at reputable stores.

Do not do business with these people under any circumstances. I purchased perfume and unknowing got subscribed to magazines. They have sent at least three different magazines to me unasked for. Trying to cancel has proven near impossible. They are not worth it. You wait over a half hour to 45 minutes just to get through to their so called customer service. Then you get someone who can't speak proper English. Forget it, don't do it. Move on from their website if you want peace of mind!!

I placed an order Monday night for perfume intended to be a late birthday gift for a date on Friday evening. I purchased the expedited shipping to the tune of $14 because hey, 2-3 shipping on a 4 day purchase should be good, right? Wrong. I called on Wednesday morning (within 10 minutes of them opening) and sat on hold for almost 20 minutes before I even reached anyone. And then the woman who "helped" me was more interested in arguing with me than actually trying to answer my questions. In the end she advised me it would be sent to the warehouse that day, and then shipped that same day. Also wrong!

The order didn't ship until THURSDAY! And it won't even show up until Monday! Are you kidding me!? I paid $14 for 2-3 day shipping and won't get my order for a week. Fantastic. I sent them an E-Mail asking them to explain the delay, but of course I haven't heard back (which is no surprise considering how terrible their customer service is).

Ordered 2 Obagi products on 8/22. Was told shipping would be in 3-5 business days. Looking at day 7 and still no product. Look online at my order and there is no shipping status listed. Have sent a note to their Customer Service 3 times - no answer. VERY poor customer service... Will NOT purchase from these folks again. Wish I had read the reviews on this company before I purchased. As one customer stated it would be better to pay a bit more and go with a reputable company... This is NOT reputable. Fingers crossed I even get my products.:( I only selected 1 star because there was nothing less than that.

I bought 4 perfumes recently. 1. Dolce & Gabbana - The One, 2. Paris Hilton - Tease, 3. Elizabeth Arden - Provocative, and 4. Mariah Carey - M. Dolce & Gabbana smells same as Paris Hilton & Mariah Carey. And they all smell like some cheap ** perfumes. There is also some dirt particles in the D&G perfume bottle. It is a very close replica of the original perfume which I looked at David Jones (Australia). First & Last buy from them. I was scared after reading the reviews about them but still gambled as the price was too good and lost all my money. Good luck to other buyers.

I have been a loyalty customer of this website for quite a long time and used to feel satisfied with the price and quality of the perfume. However, I ordered Dior Addict from this website recently. It stays very short, just about two hours. I had a sample of Dior before and it last much longer than this one. I email them twice to ask about the product but got no response. It is totally like a fake perfume for me this time. They have a terrible customer service. I will never buy from this website again.

I'm curious how Consumer Affairs can speak to the accuracy of its reviews of this site when it appears every review is telling the same thing: these are fakes and they have terrible policies and service. The problem I have are the random rave reviews of how great this company is, which have to be planted by the company... how does Consumer Affairs account for this? For once this seems to be a situation where there are only very few random positive reviews none in between and all the rest horrible. How can these positive reviews be true?

I'm now completely unrealistically cautiously optimistic my order won't be a complete disaster but I'm quite certain I'm to be severely disappointed for my birthday. Why can't Consumer Affairs of all people DO something about this company if it is truly fraudulent. Yes the prices are very low, but not like $10 off the street vendor and you know it's fake. DO SOMETHING TO THIS COMPANY IF THIS MANY PEOPLE ARE BEING CHEATED, PLEASE.

It would seem this company is under new management. I've been a loyal customer for years and have never experienced any issues with my purchases being delivered to Australia (with FREE international shipping when purchasing over $100). Now, they falsely advertise, and their shipping is not free. I've tried contacting them for verification on what is happening and why it's all changed. I even asked if they were under new management - obviously they are and didn't want to say. They avoid your queries and don't want to know. Am currently trying to find another business that is as good as the OLD FragranceNet!

I have been wearing this perfume for years. When I sprayed the bottle that Fragrancenet sent to me, I almost choked. It was full of ammonia and alcohol. It was either bad or fake. In any event, they sent me a return label to send it back. Do they know how their return policy works? Give the package to USPS and wait 7 - 10 days for FedEx to pick it up? I called and e-mailed Customer Service. They care not. Hassle-free returns they say? Yeah right. I'm working with AmEx to get my money back and will never order from them again - I urge you to follow suit.

I have placed several orders with this company over the years and never had a problem except with Lancaster Sunwater which is a perfume I used in the 90s. The stock they have now is old and not nice to the nose. Do not order this, you will be disappointed. I tried to place another order a few days ago to take up the offer of free international shipping for orders over $100 USD. I discovered that New Zealand was no longer on the list of overseas countries. I sent three e-mails to the info@fragrancenet.com with no reply. I have stayed up tonight until 1.00am to contact them via telephone. Phone was answered and I was told that they don't ship to New Zealand anymore and she had no idea why that was the case. There was no option at all except for me to take myself off the e-mail list and deal with being treated as a second class citizen.

I ask... Could they not have e-mail everyone with a .nz e-mail address and advised of this and why, why is my money and location not acceptable to them? I am very peeved to say the least and have no idea how to get around this problem. {sighs} I hate to have a good relationship go down the **. There are a number of scrapbooking stores out there in the USA that can ship to NZ so I don't see the problem.

I was about to submit my order with FragranceNet, they mentioned they will have free shipping to Canada if I order above $50 or up. When I was checking out, they wanted to charge me 15 dollars, so I decided to talk to a person online to see what is going on. She said "You will have free shipping if you order above $100." I sent her a screenshot, how it showed "Free Shipping to Canada". Later she said "Well you need to speak to a customer services. What a scam! I attached the screenshot.

Thieves, fraudsters and they working together with the PayPal. PayPal don't protect our money because they trust more to the FragranceNet thieves, fraudsters. Someone need to do something about this company. They are thieves, fraudsters stealing our money. Don't buy from them anything. Never ever. Thieves, fraudsters, YUCKKK.

Good afternoon! I had placed an order for six products; in which receiving a partial order for three items. Received a confirmation that all items shipped. Several days later, received a second confirmation that a partial shipment was shipped. Having been unsuccessful in contacting FragranceNet, as rude and obnoxious customer service reps, were hanging up. Contacted bank to obtain refund difference. Furthermore, placed several additional orders, in which FragranceNet accepted credit card. However, is refusing to refund or send products which are due!! Attempting to reach a Supervisor or Middle Management is Impossible!! This Organization has no Legal Rights or Ethical Rights to take payments without refunding or shipping products which are significantly past due!!

I had ordered from this company several times without a problem but last time the light blue women's perfume was clearly fake. That is why their prices are so low. Very bad customer care. Rude and unpleasant. It's too bad that the Government cannot get rid of these illegitimate companies.

I was using a particular perfume for 9 years and found a good deal on FragranceNet.com. After first usage I realize that it is fake, maybe very much diluted version. I returned but I got only 40% refund back rest they taken as return shipping and original shipping charges etc. Anyway this company making profit you return your item.

I used this company as a drop shipper giving them consistent continuous business. The company refused to give me a refund on a return despite the fact that the item had tracking and was signed for by their employee. I had to file a claim with my credit card company. They credited me as FragranceNet would not respond to them. They then suspended my account without notice over $94.00 that was rightfully owed to me. If I treated my customers that way I would be out of business. Fraudulent, unethical, poor, arrogant business practices.

I bought 2 fragrances I have used for almost 30 years, L' Air Du Temps - Nina Rici and Estee Lauder White Linen. The packages looks original but when you use it the scent does not even stay for 2 minutes. This company is a big fake, the price is right but the products are fake. The perfume is just water and probably tea coloring. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS FAKE COMPANY, it will take your hard-earned money. Never trust cheap products, I learned my lessons in going cheap, you got cheap products too.

Purchased Angel B online at FragranceNet. It was fake. The top was fake and someone said I had an Old Spice. WTF.

So I go online to order another cologne. This would be the 4th. Right out of the gate, I want a tester vial size. It costs $1.99 and then with discount (30%) it's $1.39. Great. I go through the process of ordering and I get to payment (through PayPal) and they want $6.95 to ship this!! $6.95 for a tester vial... the little tiny bottle half the size of my finger??? It has no weight to even register. IT'S a SPRAY VIAL. So, I call these idiots. Someone, after awaiting 5.25 minutes being #1 on waiting list, Susan answers phone. Susan, to be as polite as possible, is completely incapable of being a telephone operator for anyone other than a "hit squad"... She tells me can't help me, that's what the computer does, I can order more to help defray the costs. What? I don't pay that much for a full on bottle of perfume or cologne and this piece of work wants me to order up to mask the cost. Seriously?!

Okay Susan, I need to speak with a manager. Oh! She's not available. Really?! She can give you an email. We go round and round on this and the, (words fail me as I cannot use profanity or insult this... person) hangs up on me to prove a point. I call back. She again hangs up. Me thinks that this "company" is being run by some very SMALL minded people and the likes of me and others continue to help them along by buying into their completely incompetent service when really, with all the spamming you get in your email (from FragranceNet) it's probably worth it much more so to buy from a local store. Really, you at least get to smell the fragrance before buying when shopping local anyway.

My advice... DO NOT SHOP FRAGRANCENET unless you're into being treated like crap. There is no receipt or order number as I am not going to provide this company with any further purchases and will refuse the last order made once it arrives. They obviously are doing well enough to give up patronage from people that pay instantly.

Received a Xmas gift and wanted to exchange. The entire customer service just didn't know their job and nasty and plain dumb. I asked for the person sending gift to NOT be notified... well they sent her a email anyway. The entire process went on for days and issue after issue. So now 3 months later I receive a magazine in the mail. Also my husband calls to let me know my credit card has been compromised. When investigation done... all from FragranceNet. DO NOT ORDER from here--it's a rip off--not worth any of it. DO not waste your time!! After calling about the magazine I wanted cancelled they were RUDE and said never did they give my cc out. Weird bc I received a magazine and it's from a company they give info to. Again DO NOT BUY.

I received 3 fake perfumes. I compared them to originals from Sephora. FAKE! FAKE! FAKE! It is an alcohol with the hint of the original smell. Go to Macy's or Sephora.

FragranceNet pretended to have sent my order and to have received it back only to refund my money back. This was an international order and they are claiming it made the trip USA to Australia and back within 5 days. It takes at least 2 weeks for just one trip. They did not have my order in stock and covered their sloppy business by pretending to have my parcel set. I place lots of online orders and everything gets here, nothing ever gets returned for whatever reason.

I won an item from this company on eBay. I received an email stating that I won, and immediately paid them through Paypal on 2-9-16. I received an email stating that I will be receiving my perfume (Venezia) on 2-19-16. It's 2-17-16 and I had not received any tracking information, so I went into my ebay orders. I see that they had cancelled this order and refunded me the amount, without notifying me at all. Then they claim that I cancelled this order (on the page, which I did not). This company proceeded to deal with me fraudulently - cancelling my order without telling me, and never notifying me that they cancelled my order.

I placed an order on the 02/12/16 and I haven't received an update or anything. On the status it says, "Order received, tracking number not available." I tried contacting them on email and I haven't received an email back. I tried calling but it says, "the lines are full"!! I really wanted to like this website. :( It's really frustrating.

Just spend $65.00 on a bottle of Prada (fake Prada). If you are a man that is serious about his fragrances, stay away from FragranceNet.com. They are selling an inferior product. This smell is so bad it's making me sick. I will not even give it away, it's going in the garbage! I'll deal with the loss.

FragranceNet.com Company Profile