1.79/5
  • 1 star
Based on 68 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 10, 2017

231 FragranceNet.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I spent quite a bit of money on my latest shipment from FragranceNet and noticed that although the fragrances on some of my fans was there, it didn't last long. At first I thought that my nose just got used to it but when I asked my colleagues and family if they could smell the perfume on me, and btw, I did make sure to order perfumes for their longevity, my friends all said that they could barely smell anything until they actually smelled my wrist or temple. So it wasn't my imagination. Ironically, the only one that lasted for a few hours was a sample vial I purchased that had an oil base.

I believe that these were samples that, although appropriately boxed and wrapped in cellophane, are possibly either sample bottles sent to stores by each designer house or they are ingeniously packaged knock-offs. Hope I'm wrong bc I've ordered from FragranceNet before and never noticed this happening but maybe I just couldn't tell. Will stick to reputable local stores (Macy's, Ulta, etc.) from now on. It's a shame bc I thought I was getting a good product from an honest company. Will try to call them again and hope I'm not on hold so long that I had to hang up.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I have been a customer for a long time and place orders not only at Christmas, but all year. I recently placed an order and received e-mails confirming my order, as well as tracking confirmation. It seems FragranceNet is now using alternate (and sub par) ways to ship their products. Each time I checked, the date was pushed back. I had to call several times and each time waited for close to an hour. One representative told me that she would give me a 10% credit, since I was having so many issues. It was a nice gesture, however, after days of still not receiving my items, I decided to cancel my order. FragranceNet decided to consider my credit part of my refund! What a sneaky thing to do! It wasn't a considerable amount of money, but a credit is different than a refund. They have permanently lost my business and I have also shared this information with my friends. Shame on them for being so deceitful!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Very disappointed with FragranceNet.com - I did ordered Uomo by Salvatore Ferragamo, so the package and bottle look authentic, but knowing the stories and reviews about this site I've decide to open it: Well, I can't even test the fragrance: the bottle "push" button didn't work... I'm happy I haven't give it to my friend by Christmas (that would be very embarrassing!!!). Please do not buy from this site!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

When my order arrived the box and packing materials were soaked with perfume. The entire neck of the bottle was broken off and the bottle was completely empty. I texted them and sent an email. That was 4 days ago and I have not received a reply.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I have order expensive fragrances (Miss Dior, Gucci Rush, Cool Water by Davidoff) overall value was CAD $236.60. I ordered them as presents for my daughters and husband. Unfortunately 3 expensive fragrances came in with damaged boxes/wrapping... I sent an email to FragranceNet.com with pictures of damaged Items and asked for some solutions like refund for damaged items, resend fragrances that was crushed by shipping company. Received email from the seller "to ship back unwanted Items and pay the extra restocking fees for each Item"... I wanted these fragrances (Miss Dior, Gucci Rush, Cool Water by Davidoff) that is why I ordered them, but want them in a new condition, not in the damaged/ crushed wrapping boxes... I have made occasional purchases over the last 6 years and have not had any problems before. Will not buy from them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FragranceNet.com?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Ordered Flower Bomb for the wife's birthday. Showed up 2 days after her birthday. It took 8 days to arrive. Ordered it gift wrapped. Looked like someone's child wrapped it. As soon as my wife tried it on, she knew it was a knockoff perfume. This company is a scam.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I love FragranceNet because they offer basically every brand of perfume that you could ever want at insanely low prices. I typically get the "Unboxed" or "testers", because they are so much cheaper and you still get a completely full, unused, legit product! It's more inexpensive than the ones in the original box just because it sat on a department store shelf, in a box and never used, for a month or two! I've ordered from them at least half a dozen times and I've NEVER had an issue with any part of any order. I will be a lifelong customer!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I paid for a gift for next day shipping. Did not arrive next day. Tried to contact them where I was left on hold multiple times. When I was finally contacted back I was told next day was a courtesy they gave me not one that I chose and paid for so they will not give me my money back. Going on 7 days still waiting on my present to arrive. Will not use them again!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I have been purchasing a particular fragrance from this site for years without problem. It is not typically sold in stores, so I was really pleased to be able to purchase it here. The last time I ordered, I was not done with an earlier bottle, so I had it for about 2 months before I opened and used it. It was definitely not the fragrance I've been wearing for years. I don't know if it was old or what, but I am very disappointed. It was Ange ou Demon by Givenchy.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I ordered Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf, and as soon as I sprayed it, I knew it was a fraudulent scent. This company is a scam, and should be shut down for illegal activity. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I sent two emails a week ago on their website to request that I return an item. I have had no response. Today I am trying to reach them by phone. I am number 33 in the queue. I have made occasional purchases over the last 3 years and have not had any problems. I have had concerns about the legitimacy of their products due to the low prices, but my daughter states she has not noticed anything different about the fragrance. Despite the good prices, I may not order from them again due to the difficulty in reaching anyone in a timely manner to resolve any issues.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Inexpensive fragrances are great, but when you get something that wasn't what you were expecting, FragranceNet charges you more than what the perfume costs to ship it back to them. Ridiculous. And their customer service is absolutely reprehensible.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Ok so I am good at recognizing cologne and perfumes due to selling them for yrs in department stores. Even to the extreme of having sensitive customers say I can wear this but I want to try something different with similar notes and being able to direct to similar scents without causing allergy reactions. I live in a small town so it's an hour drive to buy any so I decided to try it out. I just received Burberry and it is definitely not right, either it's old or a bad batch. So I'm not saying they are lying. I'm just saying I spray it and it has little to no scent at all, very disappointed. It does truly seem as if it's just a knock off. Do not buy from here. You are not fooling anyone. These are not good quality products. I will never purchase here again. 100% sure not the products I have used for my entire adulthood.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I have purchased several times from FragranceNet and never a problem. When I thought I did have one they were always there to help so I don’t understand the negative feedback from some when my experience has been nothing less than great. Thank you FragranceNet for great products and great prices. Yes I would recommend.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I was supposed to get free standard shipping just by clicking. When I checked out it added $8.95 priority shipping. It said, the coupon had been added and it would come off the balance. But that never happened. They have not heard the last of me.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Beware! I made an order, a legitimate order from them and they kept marketing to me more with notices saying FREE SHIPPING if you purchase $** more... Several times. I should have stopped then, but doubled my order to get free shipping. Everything went through PayPal fine. I was notified that of the charge. Then suddenly 12 hours later I get an email saying that the order has been cancelled with this notice: "Your order did not pass our order screening process and it has been cancelled." No other explanation.

When I finally got on their chat, I was informed they do not deliver to a postal address. However, MY POSTAL ADDRESS is a deliver street address and for the reason that packages are stolen from our neighborhood front doors. I have never had any company do this in all the years I have used my service. And, they should have at least had the courtesy to tell customers this either up front on the website when you pay or at least in the email they sent. They NEVER took the time to contact me and find out more before just canceling this. To be frank... I now totally don't trust them and wish I'd read other complaint reviews I have now see about them. BUYER BEWARE! I'd recommend steering clear of them.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I've been ordering from this company for years, but in the past year, I have noticed that the products appear not to be authentic and the customer service is horrific. As I sit and type my complaint, I've been on the phone for 1 hour and 27 minutes and just now number 10 in the queue trying to speak to a customer service representative.

Last several times I've paid $19 for 1-2 day delivery which didn't occur. This time I placed order on 09/07 at 11:15am CST paying $8.95 for 3 to 4 business day delivery. It state if your place order before 1:00 pm, it will ship the same day. I contacted them on Monday, 9/11 as order was still in warehouse and informed them it was a gift. I got an apology. I was sent an email on 9/12/17 stating my order has been ship but in tracking information as of 9/13/17, it states shipping label created, awaiting item at 6:52 am on 9/11/17. This is absolutely absurd. Why with all the complaints is this company being allowed to charge shipping that obviously they aren't honoring while collecting the money and apparently selling fake fragrances as authentic. Isn't this fraud!!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

If there's a place where I'd buy perfumes, it is FragranceNet. I have always bought my Burberry perfumes here -- always arrived in great condition, smells extremely legit, and always with fun freebies. Plus, a fraction of the cost from brick-and-mortar stores such as Sephora and Ulta. I'm sorry for all the negative experiences you have all encountered! Thankfully, mine were all great!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Name brands at 30% off most of the time. From soap, shampoo and conditioners, to perfumes, colognes and make up... For 30% deals I've had to at times back out of purchase to receive a re-offer from the site, via e-mail. Use the site often and haven't found better. They don't have everything always, but I still highly recommend.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Like so many reviews have stated, the product they sell is not good. I thought I got a great deal on Eternity EDT 6.7 oz. spray. The product arrived in what looks like original packaging with the cellophane wrap but it is either fake or very old. Product is discolored, smells very strongly of alcohol and what little scent there is does not last. Their policy states that you can only return unopened items! I have sent an email to their customer service. I will update this review if they stand behind their product but I have little hope. IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I have been trying to reach the location of my order since May and had no answer so far. I placed an order to be delivered at a hotel in New York, but the package got there just after the person who was supposed to receive it had already checked out. Such package stayed in the hotel for some time and then it was sent back to FedEx, as the hotel informed me. The FedEx was supposed to send it back to FraganceNet, but the problem is that I have already tried to reach them by their page and had no answer at all.

I have already filled many of those complaint forms they have in their homepage but although they always say that I will receive a reply promptly, I have never received any. So my point is, as I have never received my package, FraganceNet should either try to contact me to resend it to another address or refund me. What is it going to be?

Original review: July 18, 2017

I have been buying from FragranceNet.com for some years now, which I didn't have any complaints. But recently I have noticed in the last two orders that the perfumes are not the same. The perfumes are knock off and don't last. Something that I noticed, they are now using plain boxes and the color in the perfumes are lighter than the real ones. I won't be buying from this company again. I rather pay a little bit more to have the real ones.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I Tried fragrance.net for the very first time. Unfortunately, I did not review Consumer Affairs first. I purchased Estee Lauder Sensuous. It was very weak and smelled mostly like alcohol. Inferior product. I still had some of the fragrance that I purchased at a department store for comparison. Fragrance.net is a shadow compared to department store buy. I recommend that you do not use this company.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I called FragranceNet today because I wanted to place an order but I did NOT want their damn magazines and I wanted to know how to opt out of getting them. In the past I have had to jump through hoops to find out WHO exactly sent them and a phone number in order to cancel them. It was more trouble than it was worth! Anyway, after waiting for 25 min. for a customer service rep, I was told that "when you click on an item you can scroll to the bottom of the page where it says Bonus and cancel." Guess what? THERE IS NO WAY TO CLICK ON IT--the cursor doesn't allow you to! I told the woman on the phone this and she played dumb, and I told her she lost a long-time customer.

Later on, via the computer, I verified the non-working "bonus" button in a chat session with someone from this company. I was told "you could NOT opt out." REALLY? How dare they automatically send magazines? I have a bad back, live in an upstairs condo and do NOT need to carry more garbage out! I will NEVER order from them again. Not EVER. I'd rather pay full price and avoid the magazine hassle!

Original review: July 10, 2017

Placed an order using my charge card on the site. Later was told I could only order via wire or EFT. Called the company, waited 45 minutes to get through. Representative told me same thing email did and when I asked for more detail, I was hung up on. Honestly, am in shock by the experience.

Original review: June 30, 2017

This site has a reason as to why they offer perfume at a fraction of the cost than department stores... Their products are not authentic. The smell differs from the original & it lasts much less time. The only upside is their shipping, but what good is that if you're getting sub par product?

Original review: June 29, 2017

I have ordered and I have never had any issue with the company. As a matter of fact when I mailed my sister a birthday gift from FragranceNet.com and her sleazy post office stole the package which was tracked to the building and FragranceNet.com get replaced it free of charge. I was as humbled that a company would do this in this day and age. It was a nightmare proving the local post office stole it but they did. Great company, great deals.

Things can affect perfume, there's a lot of whiners on this site who may be ignorant of the many things that affect perfume. I however was professionally trained at Christian Dior. Temperature, your own pH (wait 20 minutes after you shower to apply because your pH changes thereby affecting the scent). The person who thought the counter sample was the actual is mistaken. Counter samples are abused and are sometimes made differently than the actual product. I would like to see they have weekend hours though. Perhaps the whiners should continue to purchase their goods at their local drugstore.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I have been a victim of counterfeit product recently. I bought a perfume as a gift for someone and it is my first time buying something from this FragranceNet website. In a rush, I completely missed to read the reviews posted by numerous people who have already been victim of buying fake products. The company mention that their products are genuine and 100% authentic, but it's all **. They are scammers and ripping off innocent people hundreds of dollars. PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY... BE AWARE. THE PRODUCTS ARE FAKE AND COUNTERFEIT. You would rather few extra dollars and buy from the actual company outlet or places that hold genuine products, but do buy from FragranceNet. Victim of FAKE PRODUCT.

Original review: June 23, 2017

Upon applying this product a second I suffered a major allergic reaction. Just shy of having to go to the ER. Rash, bumps and not Albee breath! This product needs to be removed immediately. Do not use this product! Others may be just as dangerous!

Original review: June 22, 2017

I ordered Versace Blue Jeans from them. Upon initial smell comparison it seemed a little different and my nose and friend's noses aren't that accurate. Satisfied with product. These people after 1 transaction will send me email spam 3, up to 4! Times a day. The harassment isn't worth it. I've "Unsubscribed" so many times it's absurd. I'm a grown man. I don't go online and make complaints often. In the attached pics nothing was edited or deleted, many pages of all them. I can't get an order # or receipt because they claim no account for my email exists.

FragranceNet.com Company Information