1.75/5
Based on 75 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FragranceNet.com

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 11, 2018

257 FragranceNet.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I received five bottles of cologne from FragranceNet Mr Burberry comma in a 5-ounce bottle. You spray it on and it has a similar smell to the real Mr Burberry, but 10 seconds later there is no scent at all. Pretty much the same thing with the other four bottles that I received from them. Four of the bottles were different brands of Burberry. I contacted Burberry and asked if I could give them the barcodes to see if it was made by them and was told no, but I was told by Burberry that FragranceNet is not an authorized retailer of their products. That, and the fact that the scent doesn't last for more than 30 seconds is enough to make me dispute the charges against his company and want to return these immediately. I will be emailing them this week to try to get an address to send them back to, but I addressed the problem with my bank and filed a dispute on the charges because of the quality of the products. They look very real though.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I have been trying for a week to get an RMA number to return something I didn't want. I have emailed them with my information and the order number & texted them as per their website information. I have not gotten a viable response yet! I do not recommend this company. They are very shady when you need to contact them or return anything!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Ordered the Viva La Juicy eau de parfum in the 3.4 oz bottle as a gift for my GF. It smells ok coming out of the bottle but it's obviously not genuine. There is NO WAY an expensive perfume's scent is GONE in less than 30 minutes. Has to be a fraud. Forget getting someone from FragranceNet.com to help you. I wish I had investigated this company prior to ordering. Based on what I read here, they have a long history of selling bogus products. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Placed an order for nearly $200 which never arrived. Sent emails which were ignored. Checked my bank account today to see that I had been partially refunded. Finally got onto a Web chat tonight with a belligerent woman called Lisa who said the goods had been returned by the courier (???) and I had been refunded. I said that full amount had not been refunded and she accused me of not understanding. Cut me off as I was typing. Judging by some of the other feedback, she seems to be good at that. How do this company get away with such appalling service??

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I ordered perfume from this company and the perfume I received was not what was pictured on my order and smells completely different than what I have at home. I tried calling multiple times but you cannot get a real person as they are always experiencing high call volumes and to call back later. I then sent an email stating this. I also stated what my problem was along with my order #. No response and it has been 1.5 weeks. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I put my order in on 12/11/17 and I'm pretty sure it is too late to get a refund due to their lack of response.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FragranceNet.com?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I don't get all the negative reviews that I've seen regarding this site. Since last year I have ordered a total of 9 colognes from FragranceNet.com. They all smell great and all met my expectations. As far as I can tell all of them are authentic, the packaging always looks correct and I always check the batch codes on the bottom of each box/bottle and they are always legit. If I had to complain about anything it would that the shipping via FedEx takes a bit longer than I would like. I would prefer USPS or UPS. Other than that I have no complaints regarding my purchases from FragranceNet or the quality of the products. The prices are very good and I always have a good experience using their service and will continue to do so.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I place my order around the 31st New Year's Eve night after midnight. They took the order they said that I would receive this order January 3rd. January 4th we had a very bad snow storm in New Jersey. The shipper is located in Carlstadt, New Jersey, approximately 16.5 maybe 17 Mile from my house. The Courier is CDL. Do yourself a favor. Do not order from these people. I believe it's a scam. You're online waiting to talk to a customer service person an hour if not more. They give you no reassurance.

I called January 6th, The Courier service is CDL. They said to me, "Oh we'll deliver it on the 8th." So that meant that I had to stay home from work again and wait for them. They never came. You would be better off ordering your product from Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus or Macy's. You will never get your product. This place is a SCAM. "BEWARE." People at The Courier Service very nasty. I strongly advise that you do not purchase anything from FragranceNet.com.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I ordered And within 1 day it shipped! I got It 3 days later from NY state even with that hurricane!!! I actually bought a bottle from Saks Fifth Avenue bond number nine Brooklyn. Found it on here so I kept it to see if the box and everything would be the same. Not only is it exactly the same but it has the same SKU number on the box! I also Got Astor place bond #9 and that was exactly as well! I spent 235$ for 1 bottle at sale Fifth Ave for Brooklyn bond 9 NYC And at FragranceNet.com I got Brooklyn Astor place And 5 perfume samplers For 235$!!! I'm crazy happy. What a great find!!! Hoping the fragrances last. Still can't figure out how they can offer these perfumes at such an incredible discount. (Same packaging, bottles and all)!!! I'm thrilled.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I purchased 1 bottle of cologne, got an email 4 days later saying it is in the warehouse. Never shipped so I cancelled the order. They are not giving me a refund for whatever reason. I try to call and email everyday, they do not answer emails and you cannot get through to them on the phone.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I have bought several different fragrances from them. For this I have received many different samples of products that they sell. They also send many different specials or discounts off of the products that they know that I like. They are a super place to buy from.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Stay away! I cannot believe that a company can exist without a customer service department. They probably sell Chinese made fragrance, which makes it possible to sell cheaper than leading stores. The last order I placed, cannot be found, the shipping company doesn't have it and FragranceNet doesn't answer the phone, doesn't respond to emails or fax. The amount of the order is $82.00 and I cannot get a hold of anyone to refund my money. This is truly terrible business and terrible customer service. Don't get lured into buying from them, this is the last time I ordered from them. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Stay away from this company at all costs. The product I purchased, Prada Milano Infusion d'Iris, appears to be fake. The bottle looks off. The label on the bottle isn't on straight, the plastic wrap on the outside of the box didn't fit tight. I attempted to contact the company through online chat which had me wait for a half hour, it counted down to me being number 4 on the wait list then it just froze. Also submitted a complaint through their online submission form with no response. Ordered on December 18 for delivery by Christmas, received on December 28th. Showed as "in stock" when I ordered. Shipping label created December 21st, finally shipped December 22nd. It was shipped by FedEx SmartPost which transfers the package to the local post office for delivery essentially delaying the delivery even more. The company appears to value their bottom line more than having a happy customer. Would never shop here again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Ordered the 18th. Still as of 28th no product. No live phone person. No email response. Had my money immediately!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Purchased Serge Lutens perfume on December 19th and paid for expedited shipping to arrive by December 22nd. On the 22nd the arrival date moved to the 26th. I tried to call to reroute and cancel the order but got recording. On December 26th shipping status changed to delivered but no perfume. Have been trying to call customer service for 2 days. Only a recording. Will file fraud with my credit card company to try and get this resolved. Please everyone do the same. They should not be in operation. How they have an A+ with BBB is beyond me. Shows you how legit BBB is.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Submitted order for husband's gift on Wednesday, December 20th at 9 pm. Took 1 DAY SHIPPING at the cost of $15.95. Here we are today, Tuesday, December 26th at 7:30 pm... still no Christmas Gift for my husband. Yeah, 6 days in!??? Called FedEx and FragranceNet. FedEx says they just got my package to their distribution site today in NYC. I live in Delaware. FragranceNet has not responded to calls, emails, Facebook messages. Nothing.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I placed an order on the Dec 18th at 3 pm. They told me 2/5 business days. Well hmmm I order in Monday and I see you didn’t ship it to Wednesday the 20th and today is Friday the 22nd and I was told I won’t get my package to the 28th. How do you get 2-5 business days from that?? I will never ever order from here again. I’ll just take my butt to a Perfume place and buy it outright... what are we paying extra for if you didn’t ship it when you said you did. All liars there!!!! I waited on phone for over half hour listening to same recording and to be told nothing is guaranteed. Well what did I pay extra for then??? Don’t buy from here. Take my advice, run, go to retail and buy it.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

They put my order on hold, didn't let me know, had no one to talk to on the phone and had an almost 2 hour wait to chat with someone online. Now the gift will not get here in time. Never again. Terrible.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I ordered the 3 oz Versace Crystal Noir, Eau de Perfume that I had smelled and seen in one of the major department stores, where it only was available as eau de toilette but looked exactly the same. Mine does not smell strong as the one I had tried and the scent does not last long. I am very disappointed, When I ordered it originally I had given a different shipping than billing address and got the message if I ordered something for $8 there would be no shipping charge. So I backtracked, added Obsession by Calvin Klein (haven't opened it yet so I don't know whether that is "real") and finished the order. At no time did the website take me back to the shipping address, so I assumed everything stayed the same as it was before. As soon as I printed out the order I noticed the shipping address was the same as the billing address (FL).

I e-mailed right away and got the message it could not be changed; I called - the same. I e-mailed back and forth with them several times over the next few days. I told them this is ridiculous as the order only just was placed and I won't be in FL for another month. They claimed nothing could be done; the order was already forwarded to their shipping department. Within 10 minutes??? So now I am beyond their time period for returning the order. I won't order from them again, however. Have there been other claims of potential knock-offs?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Placed order with FragranceNet on 12/16/17 because they promised one day free shipping. One day shipping should have meant that my order would be shipped on the next business day, which would have meant yesterday 12/18 and I should have received it today 12/19. I repeatedly called their 800# only to have a recorded message say they were too busy to take calls and immediately disconnected me. TWICE I stayed on their website. "Chat" with them for over 2 hours both times only to get a message when it was my turn to be served telling me to "leave a message." As of 5PM today, 12/19, my order is still listed as "in our warehouse" - it's been 3 days now, still hasn't shipped, so I won't be getting it on 12/20 either. Will NOT be ordering from them again!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I ordered Magie Noire. A cologne that I used to enjoy in the winter. It came with the cellophane on and it looks like the "authentic" box but definitely the scent is off. Strong alcohol undertone with a old perfume smell. So disappointed. Spent way too much on this and now it is a waste.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I initially placed an order with them the end of Nov, and had the "free shipping" applied and 1-2 day delivery. Well I got the "tracking" email from them with the link to the transit vendor called Columbus Online. (Another HORROR) WELLL it never arrived and when I looked at the shipping company email it said delivered. I called the shipping vendor and got screamed at immediately from a very rude woman and she said there, “I have NO IDEA how you received the email saying it was delivered.” I said, “I have the email from your company in front of me saying it was delivered and I didn't receive it.” She rudely said... "Do you have a camera to prove it???" I said, “YES I DO.” She checked and stated my package was CLOSED out by them!! But WHY???

I TRIED contacting FragranceNet and I couldn't get past the 30th in the queue so I sent an email... A day later they sent an email and said, "We will send a replacement order." I received another shipped email from FragranceNet, and a track your order from them and this Columbus Online Ny vendor with the date of 12/12 delivery and it’s 12/15 and NO whereabouts of my package. I emailed FragranceNet again yesterday to ask where is it and they wrote me back stating they CANCELLED my order and stated they credited my account. My banking shows NO CREDIT. So now no package. No money... I have used them in the past when they were using UPS as the shipping vendor with NO PROBLEMS. They switched to their other shipping vendor called Columbus Online Ny and it’s a HORROR!! As long as they use them I am finished with FragranceNet!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I have used and ordered from this site in the past with no problems other than slow delivery... but this is crazy. I ordered the Gucci Flora Perfume on the 29th of November and the tracking data is some shady third company I have never heard of. The email tracking shows that it has been in the warehouse ready for shipping since the 1st of December! It is now the 13th of December and it's still there!

No movement. It seems the company has changed... because now there are reports of fake fragrances, crushed boxes, and terrible customer service. I have tried calling three times. The queue's were over an hour each time, no one waits that long and wastes their phone minutes for that. I have also been online in the chat queue for over 1 and 1/2 hours to see where my perfume is... and what's their excuse before I get a refund and never use their service ever again. I was once a loyal customer. But never again!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I have been ordering from FragranceNet for many years and never had a issue with my orders. The smell is great and it lasts. Shipping has always been on point. I'm disappointed by reading the poor reviews though. It's more bad reviews than good and that bothers me. I shop at Macy's also and love high end perfumes but they were so much higher and I realize why. You pay for what you get I guess. I was going to shop for the holidays as I usually do but after reading these poor reviews I think I will stick with Macy's or Carson's.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I ordered a gift from them to cost me I'd say about 20 bucks. A few days later I realized they still haven't sent me any updates about the order so I contacted them. I tell them I got charged for it so they obviously took the order. Their response was, "We find nothing with your information or email." They obviously changed it on their own because I have no other email but now I'm left with no order and having to fight with my bank to remove the charge. I strongly recommend you buy this somewhere else. Whatever it is you want buy somewhere else. Below you will see no order number because of course if they claim they have none of my information including my email you should imagine that they never sent me any order number. How slick. But the charge clear as day says FragranceNet and the amount.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Ordered some perfumes now for almost a week. FragranceNet sent me an email saying that the perfumes I ordered is in the warehouse and will notify me if they shipped my package. Still waiting and Christmas is almost here. I've always had problems with this company either canceling my orders saying the items are out of stock or something. The customer service is ZERO. Try to call and you will have to wait two hours for them to answer. Horrible service and company.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Didn't actually order anything in the end; I went through the guest checkout and decided not to complete the purchase. I did not sign up to receive any special offers, but that didn't stop this company from using my email address and bombarding me with multiple messages per day (5+ on average). Simply unacceptable business practice. I might have returned at some point but won't now.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I spent quite a bit of money on my latest shipment from FragranceNet and noticed that although the fragrances on some of my fans was there, it didn't last long. At first I thought that my nose just got used to it but when I asked my colleagues and family if they could smell the perfume on me, and btw, I did make sure to order perfumes for their longevity, my friends all said that they could barely smell anything until they actually smelled my wrist or temple. So it wasn't my imagination. Ironically, the only one that lasted for a few hours was a sample vial I purchased that had an oil base.

I believe that these were samples that, although appropriately boxed and wrapped in cellophane, are possibly either sample bottles sent to stores by each designer house or they are ingeniously packaged knock-offs. Hope I'm wrong bc I've ordered from FragranceNet before and never noticed this happening but maybe I just couldn't tell. Will stick to reputable local stores (Macy's, Ulta, etc.) from now on. It's a shame bc I thought I was getting a good product from an honest company. Will try to call them again and hope I'm not on hold so long that I had to hang up.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I have been a customer for a long time and place orders not only at Christmas, but all year. I recently placed an order and received e-mails confirming my order, as well as tracking confirmation. It seems FragranceNet is now using alternate (and sub par) ways to ship their products. Each time I checked, the date was pushed back. I had to call several times and each time waited for close to an hour. One representative told me that she would give me a 10% credit, since I was having so many issues. It was a nice gesture, however, after days of still not receiving my items, I decided to cancel my order. FragranceNet decided to consider my credit part of my refund! What a sneaky thing to do! It wasn't a considerable amount of money, but a credit is different than a refund. They have permanently lost my business and I have also shared this information with my friends. Shame on them for being so deceitful!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Very disappointed with FragranceNet.com - I did ordered Uomo by Salvatore Ferragamo, so the package and bottle look authentic, but knowing the stories and reviews about this site I've decide to open it: Well, I can't even test the fragrance: the bottle "push" button didn't work... I'm happy I haven't give it to my friend by Christmas (that would be very embarrassing!!!). Please do not buy from this site!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

When my order arrived the box and packing materials were soaked with perfume. The entire neck of the bottle was broken off and the bottle was completely empty. I texted them and sent an email. That was 4 days ago and I have not received a reply.

FragranceNet.com Company Information

www.fragrancenet.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use