1.83/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 20, 2018

269 FragranceNet.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

UNHAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE. IT TOOK ALMOST ONE WEEK BEFORE RECEIVING IT AND I PAID $15 U.S AND IN Canadian money it much more. Staying power of J.Lo Love and Glamour is not impressive at all. It disappear within a couple of hours. I am not sure if it is the real deal. Also, communicating with the agents at FragranceNet.com is quite a challenge. They take a long time before answering. The perfume was advertised in Canadian money but at the checkout, I had to pay in U.S. money. The price of the perfume was equivalent to the price of shipping and it really cost me almost $45 in Canadian money. I am not happy with my purchase and will never buy from FragranceNet.com especially that I just found out that they are not even accredited. Stay away from that company, then again, it is my own experience.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I bought first Michael Kors Amber. I bought it because it was cheaper than in the department stores and what I bought is definitely not real. I like Kors because it lasts for a long time. I can smell it for weeks on jackets I've sprayed it on. This that I bought from FragranceNet.com I cannot smell it 20 minutes later. And it smells different. Also I purchased Ed Hardy 3.4oz. What they sent was 1oz. I never return things I just take the loss and after reading some reviews I'm sure if I tried it would be the same results as everyone else. They will do nothing. I'm really angry about this because I spent over $100. That's a lot to just throw away. This company needs to advertise correctly. Their products are fake and they don't sell the volume they advertise and you order.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 12, 2018

I bought Bond # 9 Scent of Peace perfume, but the fragrance is different and does not last at all. I have tried this perfume before so I notice the difference. I have tried to contact Fragancenet but have not receive any response from them. I paid for a very expensive perfume and received a very cheap product. I definitely wasted my money. I would not use this company again, and I regret not reading the reviews before since they have such bad rating.

Original review: April 7, 2018

They are stealing money for a fake order. I did not receive my order and nobody takes the responsibility of my loss. They are terrible at managing the shipment of orders. I hate FragranceNet and will not recommend it to anybody. I will share my bad experience with all my friends and let them know how poor their service is. That's a shame...

Original review: April 5, 2018

I've spent over $2000 on high end designer fragrances from Fragrancenet, as I've become a collector. I've only ever received authentic fragrances. Just ordered YSL La Nuit de l`Homme, D&G Light Blue Eau Intense, and Prada L'Homme. Again, when I receive them in a few days, I have no doubt they'll be legitimate. My Acqua Di Gio Profumo/Original, Essenza, Gucci Guilty, Versace Dylan Blue, etc, etc all last all day long. I've also had a friend who works for a Versace retailer verify the legitimacy of my fragrances - all checked out.

Perhaps people are getting older product, perhaps people aren't realizing fragrance companies change their scent formulation when a scent is overused or it becomes too popular, perhaps people aren't realizing what fragrances last and what fragrances don't. I'd say if you're planning on purchasing from here do some research and learn about the scent. You’ll find a lot of fragrances aren't meant to last all day, some only a few hours. As for me, I'll continue spending my money here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FragranceNet.com?

Original review: March 25, 2018

For Christmas, my mother, who is very hard to shop for said she wanted Jimmy Choo Illicit. I had ordered from FragranceNet.com a couple of times in the past and was pleased with the product. I ordered the Jimmy Choo, but instead got Lacoste, labeled with the Jimmy Choo sticker. After multiple attempt to contact someone to no avail, I went on their Facebook page and posted the negative review stating what happened, then they responded. I needed to pay for shipping to send the product back and then they would send what I ordered. And they blocked me from their Facebook. I have NEVER had to pay for a company's mistake and NEVER will do business with them again. BUYERS BEWARE.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Over the past couple of months I've slowly been making purchases and increasing the size or frequency of purchases once I determined how legit the products were. I've pumped in over 700 dollars into this site, all on fragrances that were at a heavy discount, and have had absolutely no problems. To my amazement, the free shipping option is typically extremely fast, often faster than what they suggest the delivery time will be, and most of my shipments arrive within a week traveling halfway across the US. I'll be going here for all my colognes for the foreseeable future.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have been a regular customer of FragranceNet for several years, primarily for my own use, but occasionally for gifts to others. In Nov 2017, I placed an order for Acqua di Gio and Eau de Iceberg Sandalwood for myself, and Happy by Clinique for my wife. Until recently, my wife had been using Happy from a previous purchase, but in the last month, she has opened the new bottle and has noticed that the new fragrance is much weaker out of the bottle and it disappears very quickly. She still has enough of the earlier bottle to do side-by-side comparisons and she is convinced the new one is diluted. I have verified what she says with my own male nose. Definitely a disappointment.

I was going to send a note to FragranceNet about this, but I just read a lot of their previous customer reviews, and it doesn't seem like my problem is unique, nor that the company will do much about anyone's complaint. My own experience has been very good til now, but given the general trend, I may have just been lucky, and I might just have to switch suppliers not take a chance. I have not yet opened the 6.7 oz Acqua di Gio, and I am apprehensive that it too may be a fake. It hurts to lose faith in a formerly trusted supplier. Perhaps it was just too good a deal to be real.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Placed my order on 12/10/2017 and never received it. Credit card was charged on 12/11/2017. Tried contacting them several times but could never get a hold of anyone and could not even email them. VERY dissatisfied with them and will never purchase anything from them and would recommend that everyone else boycott this company. HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: March 4, 2018

I seen a lot of BAD reviews about this site. I looked at the reviews after I placed my order thankful! Had I seen the reviews before I ordered I would have missed out on some awesome deals because I wouldn't have placed my order! I placed my order last Saturday and received both high end perfumes this Saturday. Both my product was what they were supposed to be. New in the sealed boxes with the authentic stickers on the bottom of the bottles. Just wanted to give this company what they deserve... A GREAT REVIEW!! I'll be doing business with them again for sure!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

First time buying perfume online. I purchased my favorite perfume from "fragrancenet.com". After putting it on, the fragrance completely disappears within seconds. A huge disappointment. I will not buy from them again.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I'm very disappointed. As a repeat customer, I placed an order online and wanted it shipped to my work address for convenience and security. They took my money then sent an email saying they had to place the order on hold and refused to ship it to my work address. I call customer service and they said it was because "it's a high dollar amount." I don't like having things shipped to my apartment because it could go walking. Instead of calling the number that comes up on Google when you look at the address and asking for me to verify I'm here or trusting me since I'm a repeat customer and the zip codes are close they just said no. Now I'm out my funds until they are released and no product. You lost a repeat customer and I won't ever recommend you again. I'll be happy to give someone else my "high dollar amount" business.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I received five bottles of cologne from FragranceNet Mr Burberry comma in a 5-ounce bottle. You spray it on and it has a similar smell to the real Mr Burberry, but 10 seconds later there is no scent at all. Pretty much the same thing with the other four bottles that I received from them. Four of the bottles were different brands of Burberry. I contacted Burberry and asked if I could give them the barcodes to see if it was made by them and was told no, but I was told by Burberry that FragranceNet is not an authorized retailer of their products. That, and the fact that the scent doesn't last for more than 30 seconds is enough to make me dispute the charges against his company and want to return these immediately. I will be emailing them this week to try to get an address to send them back to, but I addressed the problem with my bank and filed a dispute on the charges because of the quality of the products. They look very real though.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I have been trying for a week to get an RMA number to return something I didn't want. I have emailed them with my information and the order number & texted them as per their website information. I have not gotten a viable response yet! I do not recommend this company. They are very shady when you need to contact them or return anything!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Ordered the Viva La Juicy eau de parfum in the 3.4 oz bottle as a gift for my GF. It smells ok coming out of the bottle but it's obviously not genuine. There is NO WAY an expensive perfume's scent is GONE in less than 30 minutes. Has to be a fraud. Forget getting someone from FragranceNet.com to help you. I wish I had investigated this company prior to ordering. Based on what I read here, they have a long history of selling bogus products. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Placed an order for nearly $200 which never arrived. Sent emails which were ignored. Checked my bank account today to see that I had been partially refunded. Finally got onto a Web chat tonight with a belligerent woman called Lisa who said the goods had been returned by the courier (???) and I had been refunded. I said that full amount had not been refunded and she accused me of not understanding. Cut me off as I was typing. Judging by some of the other feedback, she seems to be good at that. How do this company get away with such appalling service??

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I ordered perfume from this company and the perfume I received was not what was pictured on my order and smells completely different than what I have at home. I tried calling multiple times but you cannot get a real person as they are always experiencing high call volumes and to call back later. I then sent an email stating this. I also stated what my problem was along with my order #. No response and it has been 1.5 weeks. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I put my order in on 12/11/17 and I'm pretty sure it is too late to get a refund due to their lack of response.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I don't get all the negative reviews that I've seen regarding this site. Since last year I have ordered a total of 9 colognes from FragranceNet.com. They all smell great and all met my expectations. As far as I can tell all of them are authentic, the packaging always looks correct and I always check the batch codes on the bottom of each box/bottle and they are always legit. If I had to complain about anything it would that the shipping via FedEx takes a bit longer than I would like. I would prefer USPS or UPS. Other than that I have no complaints regarding my purchases from FragranceNet or the quality of the products. The prices are very good and I always have a good experience using their service and will continue to do so.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I place my order around the 31st New Year's Eve night after midnight. They took the order they said that I would receive this order January 3rd. January 4th we had a very bad snow storm in New Jersey. The shipper is located in Carlstadt, New Jersey, approximately 16.5 maybe 17 Mile from my house. The Courier is CDL. Do yourself a favor. Do not order from these people. I believe it's a scam. You're online waiting to talk to a customer service person an hour if not more. They give you no reassurance.

I called January 6th, The Courier service is CDL. They said to me, "Oh we'll deliver it on the 8th." So that meant that I had to stay home from work again and wait for them. They never came. You would be better off ordering your product from Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus or Macy's. You will never get your product. This place is a SCAM. "BEWARE." People at The Courier Service very nasty. I strongly advise that you do not purchase anything from FragranceNet.com.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I ordered And within 1 day it shipped! I got It 3 days later from NY state even with that hurricane!!! I actually bought a bottle from Saks Fifth Avenue bond number nine Brooklyn. Found it on here so I kept it to see if the box and everything would be the same. Not only is it exactly the same but it has the same SKU number on the box! I also Got Astor place bond #9 and that was exactly as well! I spent 235$ for 1 bottle at sale Fifth Ave for Brooklyn bond 9 NYC And at FragranceNet.com I got Brooklyn Astor place And 5 perfume samplers For 235$!!! I'm crazy happy. What a great find!!! Hoping the fragrances last. Still can't figure out how they can offer these perfumes at such an incredible discount. (Same packaging, bottles and all)!!! I'm thrilled.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I purchased 1 bottle of cologne, got an email 4 days later saying it is in the warehouse. Never shipped so I cancelled the order. They are not giving me a refund for whatever reason. I try to call and email everyday, they do not answer emails and you cannot get through to them on the phone.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I have bought several different fragrances from them. For this I have received many different samples of products that they sell. They also send many different specials or discounts off of the products that they know that I like. They are a super place to buy from.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Stay away! I cannot believe that a company can exist without a customer service department. They probably sell Chinese made fragrance, which makes it possible to sell cheaper than leading stores. The last order I placed, cannot be found, the shipping company doesn't have it and FragranceNet doesn't answer the phone, doesn't respond to emails or fax. The amount of the order is $82.00 and I cannot get a hold of anyone to refund my money. This is truly terrible business and terrible customer service. Don't get lured into buying from them, this is the last time I ordered from them. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Stay away from this company at all costs. The product I purchased, Prada Milano Infusion d'Iris, appears to be fake. The bottle looks off. The label on the bottle isn't on straight, the plastic wrap on the outside of the box didn't fit tight. I attempted to contact the company through online chat which had me wait for a half hour, it counted down to me being number 4 on the wait list then it just froze. Also submitted a complaint through their online submission form with no response. Ordered on December 18 for delivery by Christmas, received on December 28th. Showed as "in stock" when I ordered. Shipping label created December 21st, finally shipped December 22nd. It was shipped by FedEx SmartPost which transfers the package to the local post office for delivery essentially delaying the delivery even more. The company appears to value their bottom line more than having a happy customer. Would never shop here again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Ordered the 18th. Still as of 28th no product. No live phone person. No email response. Had my money immediately!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Purchased Serge Lutens perfume on December 19th and paid for expedited shipping to arrive by December 22nd. On the 22nd the arrival date moved to the 26th. I tried to call to reroute and cancel the order but got recording. On December 26th shipping status changed to delivered but no perfume. Have been trying to call customer service for 2 days. Only a recording. Will file fraud with my credit card company to try and get this resolved. Please everyone do the same. They should not be in operation. How they have an A+ with BBB is beyond me. Shows you how legit BBB is.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Submitted order for husband's gift on Wednesday, December 20th at 9 pm. Took 1 DAY SHIPPING at the cost of $15.95. Here we are today, Tuesday, December 26th at 7:30 pm... still no Christmas Gift for my husband. Yeah, 6 days in!??? Called FedEx and FragranceNet. FedEx says they just got my package to their distribution site today in NYC. I live in Delaware. FragranceNet has not responded to calls, emails, Facebook messages. Nothing.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I placed an order on the Dec 18th at 3 pm. They told me 2/5 business days. Well hmmm I order in Monday and I see you didn’t ship it to Wednesday the 20th and today is Friday the 22nd and I was told I won’t get my package to the 28th. How do you get 2-5 business days from that?? I will never ever order from here again. I’ll just take my butt to a Perfume place and buy it outright... what are we paying extra for if you didn’t ship it when you said you did. All liars there!!!! I waited on phone for over half hour listening to same recording and to be told nothing is guaranteed. Well what did I pay extra for then??? Don’t buy from here. Take my advice, run, go to retail and buy it.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

They put my order on hold, didn't let me know, had no one to talk to on the phone and had an almost 2 hour wait to chat with someone online. Now the gift will not get here in time. Never again. Terrible.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I ordered the 3 oz Versace Crystal Noir, Eau de Perfume that I had smelled and seen in one of the major department stores, where it only was available as eau de toilette but looked exactly the same. Mine does not smell strong as the one I had tried and the scent does not last long. I am very disappointed, When I ordered it originally I had given a different shipping than billing address and got the message if I ordered something for $8 there would be no shipping charge. So I backtracked, added Obsession by Calvin Klein (haven't opened it yet so I don't know whether that is "real") and finished the order. At no time did the website take me back to the shipping address, so I assumed everything stayed the same as it was before. As soon as I printed out the order I noticed the shipping address was the same as the billing address (FL).

I e-mailed right away and got the message it could not be changed; I called - the same. I e-mailed back and forth with them several times over the next few days. I told them this is ridiculous as the order only just was placed and I won't be in FL for another month. They claimed nothing could be done; the order was already forwarded to their shipping department. Within 10 minutes??? So now I am beyond their time period for returning the order. I won't order from them again, however. Have there been other claims of potential knock-offs?

FragranceNet.com Company Information