FragranceNet.com

Compare Miscellaneous Companies

Research top Miscellaneous Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Like so many reviews have stated, the product they sell is not good. I thought I got a great deal on Eternity EDT 6.7 oz. spray. The product arrived in what looks like original packaging with the cellophane wrap but it is either fake or very old. Product is discolored, smells very strongly of alcohol and what little scent there is does not last. Their policy states that you can only return unopened items! I have sent an email to their customer service. I will update this review if they stand behind their product but I have little hope. IF IT LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT USUALLY IS.

I have been trying to reach the location of my order since May and had no answer so far. I placed an order to be delivered at a hotel in New York, but the package got there just after the person who was supposed to receive it had already checked out. Such package stayed in the hotel for some time and then it was sent back to FedEx, as the hotel informed me. The FedEx was supposed to send it back to FraganceNet, but the problem is that I have already tried to reach them by their page and had no answer at all.

I have already filled many of those complaint forms they have in their homepage but although they always say that I will receive a reply promptly, I have never received any. So my point is, as I have never received my package, FraganceNet should either try to contact me to resend it to another address or refund me. What is it going to be?

I have been buying from FragranceNet.com for some years now, which I didn't have any complaints. But recently I have noticed in the last two orders that the perfumes are not the same. The perfumes are knock off and don't last. Something that I noticed, they are now using plain boxes and the color in the perfumes are lighter than the real ones. I won't be buying from this company again. I rather pay a little bit more to have the real ones.

I Tried fragrance.net for the very first time. Unfortunately, I did not review Consumer Affairs first. I purchased Estee Lauder Sensuous. It was very weak and smelled mostly like alcohol. Inferior product. I still had some of the fragrance that I purchased at a department store for comparison. Fragrance.net is a shadow compared to department store buy. I recommend that you do not use this company.

I called FragranceNet today because I wanted to place an order but I did NOT want their damn magazines and I wanted to know how to opt out of getting them. In the past I have had to jump through hoops to find out WHO exactly sent them and a phone number in order to cancel them. It was more trouble than it was worth! Anyway, after waiting for 25 min. for a customer service rep, I was told that "when you click on an item you can scroll to the bottom of the page where it says Bonus and cancel." Guess what? THERE IS NO WAY TO CLICK ON IT--the cursor doesn't allow you to! I told the woman on the phone this and she played dumb, and I told her she lost a long-time customer.

Later on, via the computer, I verified the non-working "bonus" button in a chat session with someone from this company. I was told "you could NOT opt out." REALLY? How dare they automatically send magazines? I have a bad back, live in an upstairs condo and do NOT need to carry more garbage out! I will NEVER order from them again. Not EVER. I'd rather pay full price and avoid the magazine hassle!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FragranceNet.com?

Placed an order using my charge card on the site. Later was told I could only order via wire or EFT. Called the company, waited 45 minutes to get through. Representative told me same thing email did and when I asked for more detail, I was hung up on. Honestly, am in shock by the experience.

This site has a reason as to why they offer perfume at a fraction of the cost than department stores... Their products are not authentic. The smell differs from the original & it lasts much less time. The only upside is their shipping, but what good is that if you're getting sub par product?

I have ordered and I have never had any issue with the company. As a matter of fact when I mailed my sister a birthday gift from FragranceNet.com and her sleazy post office stole the package which was tracked to the building and FragranceNet.com get replaced it free of charge. I was as humbled that a company would do this in this day and age. It was a nightmare proving the local post office stole it but they did. Great company, great deals.

Things can affect perfume, there's a lot of whiners on this site who may be ignorant of the many things that affect perfume. I however was professionally trained at Christian Dior. Temperature, your own pH (wait 20 minutes after you shower to apply because your pH changes thereby affecting the scent). The person who thought the counter sample was the actual is mistaken. Counter samples are abused and are sometimes made differently than the actual product. I would like to see they have weekend hours though. Perhaps the whiners should continue to purchase their goods at their local drugstore.

I have been a victim of counterfeit product recently. I bought a perfume as a gift for someone and it is my first time buying something from this FragranceNet website. In a rush, I completely missed to read the reviews posted by numerous people who have already been victim of buying fake products. The company mention that their products are genuine and 100% authentic, but it's all **. They are scammers and ripping off innocent people hundreds of dollars. PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY... BE AWARE. THE PRODUCTS ARE FAKE AND COUNTERFEIT. You would rather few extra dollars and buy from the actual company outlet or places that hold genuine products, but do buy from FragranceNet. Victim of FAKE PRODUCT.

Upon applying this product a second I suffered a major allergic reaction. Just shy of having to go to the ER. Rash, bumps and not Albee breath! This product needs to be removed immediately. Do not use this product! Others may be just as dangerous!

I ordered Versace Blue Jeans from them. Upon initial smell comparison it seemed a little different and my nose and friend's noses aren't that accurate. Satisfied with product. These people after 1 transaction will send me email spam 3, up to 4! Times a day. The harassment isn't worth it. I've "Unsubscribed" so many times it's absurd. I'm a grown man. I don't go online and make complaints often. In the attached pics nothing was edited or deleted, many pages of all them. I can't get an order # or receipt because they claim no account for my email exists.

I placed two orders on May 11, 2017. Both orders were unreasonably delayed for "security" reasons and my purported protection. After waiting over a month, and at least a half-dozen phone calls and emails to the customer "review" section, I have yet to receive the second order. Apparently, and per customer service in a very lengthy phone call, I was accused of being lucky that my one order was released by mistake! FragranceNet.com version of the tale is that my name and address did not match my credit card information. What?? This is the same credit card I have had since 1982!! Then, the next reason I was given was that my email name did not match my order. So what?? I would like some modicum of privacy, as it is only a confirmation email address, which is valid. I responded to all FragranceNet.com requests for information, follow up, details, explanations, etc., all to no avail.

Now, FragranceNet.com wants me to wire them money or send a certified check or they will "hold" my order indefinitely. Excuse me?? I do not intend to give up my rights under UCC and various consumer protection laws with the utilization of "cash" in any transaction, unless I am handing the money to someone directly and we have a written contract and/or exchange the property on the spot. I cannot tell anyone what to do. Legally I should not even advise anyone not to do business with this type of company. So, here is my advice: If you value your sanity and are willing to throw good money away for nothing, by all means, order from FragranceNet.com. However, BUYER BEWARE. When FragranceNet.com had such phony reasons for holding my order, even after I provided everything they asked for, AND my other credit card worked just fine, I am really glad I found this site.

Now I will be carefully checking my first order for reproduction and/or tampering. By the way, this is also known as a form of fraud, particularly when the company knows what they are doing is wrong and does it intentionally without the proper disclosures. No, I do not think that we should just believe it was all too good to be true, and as such, we are just silly consumers who got what we deserved. Therefore, simply be careful and NEVER send cash, certified check, wire transfer or the like UNLESS and/or until you know the receiving party is reputable and you have some form of recourse against them if they act improperly. I can safely say when things smell fishy, they breathe with gills, and they have fins and scales, they are probably a fish. If you have had better experiences with another vendor, supplier or seller, keep using them.

FragranceNet.com is not worth the risk, regardless of the alleged dollar savings. It will only cost you in the long run/end. If my first order is a fake, I will definitely follow up on this site and certainly consider taking other action against FragranceNet.com. By the way, if there are enough of us, and we can find a good attorney, some of us may wish to file a class action suit against FragranceNet.com. I am not an attorney, but there are so many serious complaints and financial losses/damages posted on this site, I shudder to think how many more there may be elsewhere on the internet. I will also be checking ripoffreport.com, as it is a good site to get an initial vibe on a company before doing business with them. If I find anything, I will add that in my review/post about my first order. My fingers are crossed for a positive outcome, but my brain tells me the result might be otherwise.

Lastly, I am cancelling the second order. I am so glad I "Googled" FragranceNet.com, better late than never, and grateful to those people on this site who have share their good, but mostly terrible, experiences with FragranceNet.com. In addition, please go to this site: **, which is the Federal Trade Commission who can also work with local law enforcement in the applicable area to get something done to stop this company from ripping people off. Hopefully, once and for all.

I needed a quick gift for a friend and chose to order from FragranceNet.com. They were $20 or so cheaper than the department stores I would usually buy from and they offered free 2-day shipping. I was in a rush so I didn't check the reviews like I normally do. As soon as I hit the submit button, I requested to cancel the order no more than a minute later.

I was waiting for an email verification when I went back to my order page to find that they declined my cancellation. They took the payment. I don't want the product and they don't have good customer service. They won't be able to answer until Monday. I wouldn't be as upset had they not suggested I call and choose option 1. Only problem is that the automated system never mentions options and as I said before they took my money and I have to wait until Monday to speak with a human. So the order is still being processed. Then I saw a bunch of reviews claiming that this place sells knock offs. I paid $86.38 and I want it back.

I recently ordered the fragrance La Vie Est Belle by Lancome Parfum Spray 3.4 oz for myself. I love this fragrance and it wears all day. I paid 79.94 after using a promotional coupon sent to me by FragranceNet. After it arrived, I applied like always and couldn't help but notice immediately the difference in the product from the REAL THING. It only lasted maybe an hour or so. I then went to the mall and visited the Lancome counter and sprayed the REAL THING on one wrist and

sprayed the knock off from FragranceNet on the other. My suspicions were right!!! The perfume from the mall lasted all day and the FragranceNet last a very short time. After further review, it seems many others have been had by this company. Waiting on reply from them, but I feel that they are a scam. Period.

When "Envy Me" first came on the market, I fell in love w/ it. I saw the ad on my email page, and ordered it ($53.89) and a Gucci fragrance (About $30), new to me. I took a whiff of Envy Me and sprayed some on - Couldn't wait. About 10 minutes later, I smelled like fly paper! Next day, I applied the Gucci fragrance, but couldn't smell much of anything after about 5 seconds. So I sprayed more! Nothing. Although I have successfully purchased this company's products in the past, I realized I'd been duped this time. What a ripoff, and almost sacrificial. A women feels so good wearing a loving fragrance that is just right for her. I wouldn't have thought to write a review, but glad I did. Shame on FragranceNet. Never again, and will ensure I'll share this negative experience with my friends.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I ordered this fragrance (I LOVE NEW YORK FOR MARRIAGE EQUALITY) for my mother's birthday May 12th (1 week prior). I received an incorrect item and was told I am not able to get a refund quicker than 14 days and I would not be able to get the correct item. I was also told that a supervisor was not able to be reached via phone. I was also sent a return label for the item I received, not the item that I am returning.

I purchased Drakkar men's fragrance for my husband. He has been using it for years so we both are VERY aware of the normal scent. This is not even close. Smells like old stale grandma cologne. I paid 80 bucks for large bottle. They won't take return or refund my money. Tried several times for refund. They do not stand behind refund policy.

I bought 4 bottle of cologne last week from FragranceNet! I spent $138.41 on Armani Code for both men and women, also Euphoria for women, and Mont Blanc for men! I opened the packages and they looked like the real thing but when we used them they were so watered down, and the scent faded within a half hour on all 4 bottles! I am so upset that I let myself be scammed by them! I work really hard for my money and I want it back! When I was shopping for these colognes at the store, the smell stayed on all day long and you had to use very little of it! I could spray the whole bottle on me and you wouldn't be able to smell it within an hour! I am so mad! I am writing this so nobody else wastes their hard earned money! Please stop these thieves from scamming more people! I paid with my debit card.

Ordered 3 perfumes - Stella by Stella McCartney, Burberry, and Lauren by Ralph Lauren. First, the good part: My order arrived quickly, nothing was broken or leaky and all perfumes seemed to be in the original manufacturer's packaging right down to the cellophane that was neatly wrapped over each of the perfume boxes -- bottles nestled inside like they should be, same as if you purchased in a department store.

Now for the somewhat bad: The Lauren was a 'hopeful' purchase being that this perfume has been discontinued for ages. So I can't completely blame FN. But my own original bottle -- which is easily over 20 years old -- smells incredible when compared to the Lauren I got from FN. Either theirs is a bad knock-off, or it has been altered, or it is original and has gone waaay sour. No way to know. But it's hard to believe 'sour' when my old, nearly empty bottle still smells great. So that purchase was a bust.

The Stella however, DOES smell like Stella -- but I'm still slightly skeptical because the fragrance doesn't last long at all and the 'layers' that this fragrance has, disappear quite quickly leaving only one note. So, I'm wondering about the quality of this purchase as well. From the moment I spritzed it, something just didn't seem right -- and I hadn't even read any of the bad reviews here that would have offered me the 'power of suggestion' that something could be wrong. Bottom line, the Stella was not a complete bust.

Now, the totally bad: The Burberry. I only smelled this perfume once -- magazine strip -- and loved it enough to buy it. But the Burberry from FN doesn't last more than a second, which is a good thing because it smells very weird if not plain awful. Not at all like I remember it. Complete bust. Waste of $$. Are all these particular perfumes the real thing? Originals that have simply degraded in some way due to age, exposure to temperature extremes, etc? Who knows! Have they been tampered with - diluted, etc? Who knows!

All I can say is that the packaging and bottles sure do look authentic. And it's hard to believe FN has a crew of perfume elves who take apart wrappers, open boxes and bottles, add a dilutant and then put everything back together again so flawlessly. But I would NOT order from FN again. Their prices aren't THAT good to warrant taking a chance. From now on I'll spend the extra bucks and buy from a department store or other source that doesn't have a slew of bad reviews.

My review is not as much related to the fragrance experience but the company policy of guerilla marketing by selling my name to a magazine company WHO WOULD NOT LET ME CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION. I used FragranceNet.com to purchase a gift. I began receiving InStyle Magazine. I tried contacting InStyle and they would not cancel the magazine because I was not the person who ordered it. I had to contact the marketing company and THEY WOULD NOT CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION OVER THE PHONE. I had to visit a website to finally get this rag out of my mailbox. This should be illegal. I will never use FragranceNet.com again because I do not agree with their corporate policy.

I was skeptical at first but after my first order I am hooked! Way better prices than if you get cosmetics from Sephora or Macy's and everything is completely authentic. Came in sealed packages and everything was exactly as I had expected!

I've been buying Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien for years at Saks, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus. In the last few years I've ordered it from FragranceNet.com. I received two bottles of the EDT and they are, in fact, the real deal. Unfortunately, the product is old and has turned. So the predominant fragrance is off and smells of alcohol. This is a very light citrus fragrance and it cannot sit for a long time without turning. Clearly, they are buying old stock. I called the company to complain, waited 35 minutes to get someone who said that they were busy. They would send me labels to return the bottles. Seriously, you haven't done me any favors. I have been charged, don't have my product, and now have to return merchandise. I wouldn't waste my time with this company. Not worth the hassles. Pay full price-you get what you pay for. Avoid this company.

If I could have done so I wouldn't have rated this company with any stars and don't recommend them to anyone. The purchase price of the fragrance was priced in £ sterling but only at the last minute did I notice a massive price hike added by way of a conversion fee, as well as a charge for postage - neither of which was made explicit when I looked at their website. I tried to contact them to cancel my order but to no avail. I won't be buying ANYTHING else from this website.

I've ordered multiple times from there and have always been more than satisfied. I switched off from buying in well-known department stores to getting my perfumes from them because they are so much cheaper and are "not fake"!

I have been purchasing Versace Bright Crystal and Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia from them for several years. I purchased the same items previously from Nordstrom and was looking for a deal and I thought I had found it. I was talking to my sister who also purchased these items from them and we both thought that they seemed off in color and packaging but just let it go until I got curious. I put the original next to the ones purchased from FragranceNet and saw color, labeling and fragrance differences. After researching more found a website that describes how to identify counterfeit items. They are a fraud. I'm disputing the charges in hopes that I get my $$ back. I also contacted the counterfeit department at Gucci and Versace in hopes they will track them down. This is a crime! BEWARE!!

Please be warned. I have bought several items over the years from this company. I received a shipment of perfume and cologne which the box was completely soaked from broken bottles. I opened it and it was all completely destroyed. I took pics of the products, emailed them, sent them chats and called several times to no avail. They still have not got back to me. I was forced to cancel with my credit company who was also unsuccessful getting a hold of someone that worked there.

Months have gone by and decided to order again which I wasn't able to. Why? because I have a chargeback and they refuse to do business with me! Come on. I was finally able to do a live chat with a woman (Amanda) who could care less about my past or current orders. Sad that this is what life as we know it has turned into. What happened to service? Someone who understood that you had a genuine concern and wanted to help rectify it? Not this individual. I am enraged and I will take the time to keep posting things like this so, they won't consider me a number.

I made the mistake of ordering a fragrance from these fools. Ever since, every time I try to use the internet, pop-ups from these fools totally inundates the web pages. It is impossible to do anything without x'ing out the stupid advertisements. What a goat rope. The bastards will never get another order from me!!!

WARNING WARNING!!! ATTENTION AUSTRALIAN SHOPPERS!!! I purchased 2 fragrances from this website as the prices were very inviting, sadly I did not check the reviews, big mistake!!! The 2 fragrances that I ordered I have been using for many years so I know the scents of them extremely well, the ones I received from FragranceNet.com were fake, no doubt about it, the packaging was identical but the scent was fake.

I emailed them with my complaint but no response, I went to Australia Post to return the products only to find out that it is illegal to ship these products back to USA as 100ml of perfume is considered dangerous goods and no way possible to do so. That answered my questions as to many reviews stating that many unhappy customers returned their fragrances and heard nothing more as they would have arrived at customs and been thrown out as it is illegal. I was just extremely upset as the fragrances I purchased were supposed to be Christmas presents, not only were they late but also they were fake. I had to purchase presents to replace the ones that didn't arrive and I was out of pocket hundreds of dollars. Not Happy.

I called my bank as I purchased with my credit card and told them what happened, the bank sent me some forms so they could investigate my claim. I am happy to tell you my effort was worth it, after a few weeks of waiting the bank reimbursed my account as they found FragranceNet.com could not prove the fragrances I purchased were authentic???

I urge anybody who has been ripped off by these scum past and present to chase your refund, you will be rewarded and learn never to make that mistake again. When something looks too good to be true, IT IS! It's worth the effort, I feel happy to have my money back so now I can buy the authentic product as I know it to be. I have not received any response from FragranceNet.com at all. I don't know the return policy for other countries but it does pay to do your homework. Good luck to all of you that have had a bad experience, I hope this review can help you. NEVER AGAIN. SPREAD THE WORD!!

I'm a consistent customer of this company and I have always received each product that I order. I usually order two up to six items at a time and I order at the very least 4 times a year but usually about once every other month. I've always gotten my orders and all my fragrances have never been old or smelling different than they should so I most definitely highly recommend this company to all my family and friends.

I read multiple reviews of FragranceNet and was very wary about placing an order because it seemed to have a lot of negative reviews. I paid with PayPal to increase security. The limited tracking information initially concerned me but as the website warned, it took about 5 days for tracking info to be seen. Once I could track my order, my fears started subsiding. My package arrived to Canada quickly and securely packaged with no damage noted. The fragrances are delightful and just what I wanted. No tampering or watering down was noted. Great pricing. Overall a great experience with FragranceNet!

FragranceNet.com Company Profile