1.74/5
Based on 66 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

279 FragranceNet.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 4, 2018

I used to order all my fragrances from here, until sellers on eBay and Amazon started offering the same, at very competitive, even lower prices, including Paris Hilton. And from the negative reviews I've read, of other customers receiving fake or watered-down versions of the designer perfumes, doesn't surprise me at all. Fragrance.net used to be the go-to online designer perfume shipping site. Not anymore.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Ordered tester 3.4 oz Viva La Juicy Eau de Parfum spray for $44.64. So excited to receive in mail and immediately sprayed on. Couldn't smell fragrance, sprayed again, nothing. Sprayed my whole body and clothes, got a whiff of scent. It was so watered down. Complete waste of money. Will never order from them again.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

First of all, since it is a $500+ order (stupid me) without reading the reviews of the company, it was put on hold and was released after I called. Was suppose to get the delivery today as per tracking, but no luck. Plus all these reviews of fake, I am worried now I will be out of $500+ and be stuck with fake ones. Does anyone have any success getting the full refund? As I will be sending it back, based on all the negative reviews.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I ordered 2 bottles of Estee Lauder Beautiful Perfume on June 1st. I finally received shipping information on June 6th that started my perfume would arrive on June 12th. On June 12th the tracking information was changed to June 14th. June 1 to June 14th is 14 days and 10 business days but their website claims shipping in 3-6 days. If you need you perfume quickly do not order from this company. Also, after reading all the reviews I'm just hoping I do not end up with fakes.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Very disappointed with what is obviously a fake product. I smelt this Bond No. 9 Gramercy Park perfume in Saks and the product I received from FragranceNet.com not only smells very different, it's as weak as can be. This is the first and last time I'll be purchasing from this supplier. I wish I'd have read all the other negative customer reviews before making this purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about FragranceNet.com?

Original review: May 10, 2018

I was on a waiting list for the Gucci Bloom to come in. I received an email notifying me that it was in. I placed an order on the 7th of May and on the 9th I received an email that it was out of stock again. I called and spoke to a C.R.S. who told me that they were not out of the Gucci Bloom, She stated that it was in the warehouse and it would take to long for someone to go and retrieve it and send it to me. I do not believe that this is the reason they cancel my order, I believe it is the price I would have paid for it. I have spent a lot of money with this company. I think this was very unprofessional and I will not be doing business with them in the future. But it was in the warehouse.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I ordered perfume from FragranceNet a couple of weeks ago. I bought a perfume named Chloe, Gucci Premiere and Coach by Coach. Omg, I’m so annoyed because I thought I was getting real legit perfume. With my Gucci Premiere, the bottle is peeling and some of the fake glass is falling off. On top of that, you can see through the supposed paper so you can see the glass which you’re not supposed to (I’ll add pictures). When I received samples of these perfumes from Scentbird I fell in love with them and the smell lasted on me all day.

I was always getting compliments on how good I smelled. But with the FragranceNet perfumes, they literally last 30 min tops and the smell is gone. I spent good money on these perfumes so I would expect to get what I paid for. What I can’t understand is why a fraudulent company like this is still in business? I’m so pissed that I didn’t read the reviews before I bought these damn perfumes. Now I’m out of $400. I so badly was hoping that these perfumes were as real as their names. Very disappointed. These people need to get shut down!!

Original review: April 29, 2018

As you're reading, don't buy from this company! All their products are either fake or watered down. I bought Armani Code that last 20 minutes on me and doesn't smell exactly like the one you get from Macy's or Sephora.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I ordered my favorite perfume Bond No. 9 “Bryant Park”, and “Fling”. Both sizes are $250.00 per bottle at Saks and their own brand stores. I found them for around $98.00 each with coupon for 30% off on FragranceNet.com. This should have told me but I was excited because the website has been around since 1997 (they claim) and states “genuine” brand names. I sprayed them and they smelled like sour old cheap hairspray - that’s the best way I can describe it. I called my cc company to dispute the charges, got an RMA from FragranceNet customer service and sending back.

I hope the rest of the return goes smoothly because I have read several terrible reviews from other customers. I am documenting as much as possible to avoid any disputes the company may try. The only good thing is I received my order at the time requested when I placed it, one business day. I’m reading lots of others unfortunately didn’t get theirs in time or never received at all. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, FRAUDULENT FRAGRANCES INSIDE BOTTLES.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I see so many bad reviews for this company. Yet, they've been around since 1997. I watched some YouTube reviews rant about them. So, I decided to try them out. I ordered 3.4oz Versace Pour Homme & 3.4oz Tommy Hilfiger both together retail at $139 + tax at Macy's online. I got both for a little over $60. I ordered them on a Friday with 3-4 business day shipping (Free Shipping btw). So, I knew it'd be the next week sometime when I received them. In a timely manner, I received email updates regarding shipping & my tracking #. I tracked my package & was scheduled for delivery Saturday, 4/28. I received my package today 4/26 to my surprise.

Also, to verify your scent is authentic, look for the batch code on the box or bottle. Run it through http://www.checkfresh.com/. FYI, both bottles I ordered check out at less than 1 year old. Which for a well-kept fragrance is AWESOME at that price! Don't wait, go for it! These others either had a rare experience, are lying or whining too much about nothing seriously. DEALS for DAYS!

Original review: April 20, 2018

UNHAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE. IT TOOK ALMOST ONE WEEK BEFORE RECEIVING IT AND I PAID $15 U.S AND IN Canadian money it much more. Staying power of J.Lo Love and Glamour is not impressive at all. It disappear within a couple of hours. I am not sure if it is the real deal. Also, communicating with the agents at FragranceNet.com is quite a challenge. They take a long time before answering. The perfume was advertised in Canadian money but at the checkout, I had to pay in U.S. money. The price of the perfume was equivalent to the price of shipping and it really cost me almost $45 in Canadian money. I am not happy with my purchase and will never buy from FragranceNet.com especially that I just found out that they are not even accredited. Stay away from that company, then again, it is my own experience.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I bought first Michael Kors Amber. I bought it because it was cheaper than in the department stores and what I bought is definitely not real. I like Kors because it lasts for a long time. I can smell it for weeks on jackets I've sprayed it on. This that I bought from FragranceNet.com I cannot smell it 20 minutes later. And it smells different. Also I purchased Ed Hardy 3.4oz. What they sent was 1oz. I never return things I just take the loss and after reading some reviews I'm sure if I tried it would be the same results as everyone else. They will do nothing. I'm really angry about this because I spent over $100. That's a lot to just throw away. This company needs to advertise correctly. Their products are fake and they don't sell the volume they advertise and you order.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I bought Bond # 9 Scent of Peace perfume, but the fragrance is different and does not last at all. I have tried this perfume before so I notice the difference. I have tried to contact Fragancenet but have not receive any response from them. I paid for a very expensive perfume and received a very cheap product. I definitely wasted my money. I would not use this company again, and I regret not reading the reviews before since they have such bad rating.

Original review: April 7, 2018

They are stealing money for a fake order. I did not receive my order and nobody takes the responsibility of my loss. They are terrible at managing the shipment of orders. I hate FragranceNet and will not recommend it to anybody. I will share my bad experience with all my friends and let them know how poor their service is. That's a shame...

Original review: April 5, 2018

I've spent over $2000 on high end designer fragrances from Fragrancenet, as I've become a collector. I've only ever received authentic fragrances. Just ordered YSL La Nuit de l`Homme, D&G Light Blue Eau Intense, and Prada L'Homme. Again, when I receive them in a few days, I have no doubt they'll be legitimate. My Acqua Di Gio Profumo/Original, Essenza, Gucci Guilty, Versace Dylan Blue, etc, etc all last all day long. I've also had a friend who works for a Versace retailer verify the legitimacy of my fragrances - all checked out.

Perhaps people are getting older product, perhaps people aren't realizing fragrance companies change their scent formulation when a scent is overused or it becomes too popular, perhaps people aren't realizing what fragrances last and what fragrances don't. I'd say if you're planning on purchasing from here do some research and learn about the scent. You’ll find a lot of fragrances aren't meant to last all day, some only a few hours. As for me, I'll continue spending my money here.

Original review: March 25, 2018

For Christmas, my mother, who is very hard to shop for said she wanted Jimmy Choo Illicit. I had ordered from FragranceNet.com a couple of times in the past and was pleased with the product. I ordered the Jimmy Choo, but instead got Lacoste, labeled with the Jimmy Choo sticker. After multiple attempt to contact someone to no avail, I went on their Facebook page and posted the negative review stating what happened, then they responded. I needed to pay for shipping to send the product back and then they would send what I ordered. And they blocked me from their Facebook. I have NEVER had to pay for a company's mistake and NEVER will do business with them again. BUYERS BEWARE.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Over the past couple of months I've slowly been making purchases and increasing the size or frequency of purchases once I determined how legit the products were. I've pumped in over 700 dollars into this site, all on fragrances that were at a heavy discount, and have had absolutely no problems. To my amazement, the free shipping option is typically extremely fast, often faster than what they suggest the delivery time will be, and most of my shipments arrive within a week traveling halfway across the US. I'll be going here for all my colognes for the foreseeable future.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have been a regular customer of FragranceNet for several years, primarily for my own use, but occasionally for gifts to others. In Nov 2017, I placed an order for Acqua di Gio and Eau de Iceberg Sandalwood for myself, and Happy by Clinique for my wife. Until recently, my wife had been using Happy from a previous purchase, but in the last month, she has opened the new bottle and has noticed that the new fragrance is much weaker out of the bottle and it disappears very quickly. She still has enough of the earlier bottle to do side-by-side comparisons and she is convinced the new one is diluted. I have verified what she says with my own male nose. Definitely a disappointment.

I was going to send a note to FragranceNet about this, but I just read a lot of their previous customer reviews, and it doesn't seem like my problem is unique, nor that the company will do much about anyone's complaint. My own experience has been very good til now, but given the general trend, I may have just been lucky, and I might just have to switch suppliers not take a chance. I have not yet opened the 6.7 oz Acqua di Gio, and I am apprehensive that it too may be a fake. It hurts to lose faith in a formerly trusted supplier. Perhaps it was just too good a deal to be real.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Placed my order on 12/10/2017 and never received it. Credit card was charged on 12/11/2017. Tried contacting them several times but could never get a hold of anyone and could not even email them. VERY dissatisfied with them and will never purchase anything from them and would recommend that everyone else boycott this company. HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: March 4, 2018

I seen a lot of BAD reviews about this site. I looked at the reviews after I placed my order thankful! Had I seen the reviews before I ordered I would have missed out on some awesome deals because I wouldn't have placed my order! I placed my order last Saturday and received both high end perfumes this Saturday. Both my product was what they were supposed to be. New in the sealed boxes with the authentic stickers on the bottom of the bottles. Just wanted to give this company what they deserve... A GREAT REVIEW!! I'll be doing business with them again for sure!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

First time buying perfume online. I purchased my favorite perfume from "fragrancenet.com". After putting it on, the fragrance completely disappears within seconds. A huge disappointment. I will not buy from them again.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I'm very disappointed. As a repeat customer, I placed an order online and wanted it shipped to my work address for convenience and security. They took my money then sent an email saying they had to place the order on hold and refused to ship it to my work address. I call customer service and they said it was because "it's a high dollar amount." I don't like having things shipped to my apartment because it could go walking. Instead of calling the number that comes up on Google when you look at the address and asking for me to verify I'm here or trusting me since I'm a repeat customer and the zip codes are close they just said no. Now I'm out my funds until they are released and no product. You lost a repeat customer and I won't ever recommend you again. I'll be happy to give someone else my "high dollar amount" business.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I received five bottles of cologne from FragranceNet Mr Burberry comma in a 5-ounce bottle. You spray it on and it has a similar smell to the real Mr Burberry, but 10 seconds later there is no scent at all. Pretty much the same thing with the other four bottles that I received from them. Four of the bottles were different brands of Burberry. I contacted Burberry and asked if I could give them the barcodes to see if it was made by them and was told no, but I was told by Burberry that FragranceNet is not an authorized retailer of their products. That, and the fact that the scent doesn't last for more than 30 seconds is enough to make me dispute the charges against his company and want to return these immediately. I will be emailing them this week to try to get an address to send them back to, but I addressed the problem with my bank and filed a dispute on the charges because of the quality of the products. They look very real though.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I have been trying for a week to get an RMA number to return something I didn't want. I have emailed them with my information and the order number & texted them as per their website information. I have not gotten a viable response yet! I do not recommend this company. They are very shady when you need to contact them or return anything!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Ordered the Viva La Juicy eau de parfum in the 3.4 oz bottle as a gift for my GF. It smells ok coming out of the bottle but it's obviously not genuine. There is NO WAY an expensive perfume's scent is GONE in less than 30 minutes. Has to be a fraud. Forget getting someone from FragranceNet.com to help you. I wish I had investigated this company prior to ordering. Based on what I read here, they have a long history of selling bogus products. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Placed an order for nearly $200 which never arrived. Sent emails which were ignored. Checked my bank account today to see that I had been partially refunded. Finally got onto a Web chat tonight with a belligerent woman called Lisa who said the goods had been returned by the courier (???) and I had been refunded. I said that full amount had not been refunded and she accused me of not understanding. Cut me off as I was typing. Judging by some of the other feedback, she seems to be good at that. How do this company get away with such appalling service??

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I ordered perfume from this company and the perfume I received was not what was pictured on my order and smells completely different than what I have at home. I tried calling multiple times but you cannot get a real person as they are always experiencing high call volumes and to call back later. I then sent an email stating this. I also stated what my problem was along with my order #. No response and it has been 1.5 weeks. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I put my order in on 12/11/17 and I'm pretty sure it is too late to get a refund due to their lack of response.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I don't get all the negative reviews that I've seen regarding this site. Since last year I have ordered a total of 9 colognes from FragranceNet.com. They all smell great and all met my expectations. As far as I can tell all of them are authentic, the packaging always looks correct and I always check the batch codes on the bottom of each box/bottle and they are always legit. If I had to complain about anything it would that the shipping via FedEx takes a bit longer than I would like. I would prefer USPS or UPS. Other than that I have no complaints regarding my purchases from FragranceNet or the quality of the products. The prices are very good and I always have a good experience using their service and will continue to do so.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I place my order around the 31st New Year's Eve night after midnight. They took the order they said that I would receive this order January 3rd. January 4th we had a very bad snow storm in New Jersey. The shipper is located in Carlstadt, New Jersey, approximately 16.5 maybe 17 Mile from my house. The Courier is CDL. Do yourself a favor. Do not order from these people. I believe it's a scam. You're online waiting to talk to a customer service person an hour if not more. They give you no reassurance.

I called January 6th, The Courier service is CDL. They said to me, "Oh we'll deliver it on the 8th." So that meant that I had to stay home from work again and wait for them. They never came. You would be better off ordering your product from Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus or Macy's. You will never get your product. This place is a SCAM. "BEWARE." People at The Courier Service very nasty. I strongly advise that you do not purchase anything from FragranceNet.com.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I ordered And within 1 day it shipped! I got It 3 days later from NY state even with that hurricane!!! I actually bought a bottle from Saks Fifth Avenue bond number nine Brooklyn. Found it on here so I kept it to see if the box and everything would be the same. Not only is it exactly the same but it has the same SKU number on the box! I also Got Astor place bond #9 and that was exactly as well! I spent 235$ for 1 bottle at sale Fifth Ave for Brooklyn bond 9 NYC And at FragranceNet.com I got Brooklyn Astor place And 5 perfume samplers For 235$!!! I'm crazy happy. What a great find!!! Hoping the fragrances last. Still can't figure out how they can offer these perfumes at such an incredible discount. (Same packaging, bottles and all)!!! I'm thrilled.

FragranceNet.com Company Information

www.fragrancenet.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business