1.58/5

279 Great Clips Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I went to Great Clips on 1725 Sheridan #A Edge water. Anyways this people that work here have no experience at all on cutting hair. This guy that was there basically left my hair with no blending on the sides. Very unhappy ☹️ about it. Please don’t go to this place. They suck!!! And there was another lady doing nothing on the back. Unbelievable. And on top of all they want a tip Hahahaha lol??? Give me a break!!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I had very long hair when I went in to see Karla. I requested to donate 12 inches as my hair was all the way to my butt. She took off the 12 inches and continued to take off several more inches (ie 4-5 inches) when I had told her I didn't want it cut short. I had specifically stated I wanted to keep as much length as possible. I will not go back to her even for a trim. I could end up bald if I request a trim. Thankfully it will grow back eventually. The biggest part of customer service is listening to the customer and not ignoring the request and doing what you want.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I went with my kids, I left them for 20 min. Then when I came back they were so mean and two of the staff there started yelling at me because I left the two boys 16yrs and 12yrs without paying. Before I pay for them, I explained to them that I usually leave them until they’re done then they call me and I go pick them up and pay. But they treated me so bad and I found when I left that they spoke to my kids in a bad way in front of people and told them to pay before getting haircut next time. This was the worst experience in any barbershop I went to. I don’t recommend them at all.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I took my kids there right before school and Jessica fit us in within 10 minutes, I was expecting a much longer wait due to it being right before school started. She did an awesome job on my son's hair and was so fast at it, and cut a good couple inches off my daughter's hair. It was even and she was so nice and gentle with the kids. They all did a great job getting everyone taken care quickly. I would go there again for sure!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I just got a great haircut from Stephanie at Great Clips at Alico Commons! She really knows how to cut and style hair... and has a wonderful personality too! I will recommend Great Clips to everyone and to especially ask for Stephanie to cut your hair... She’s great!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Great Clips?

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

The only thing consistent with the several Great Clips locations that I've visited in many states is that I ALWAYS have to request (at least three times) the obvious -- that I want my hair even on both sides -- and that I will leave Great Clips with my hair uneven (to say the least). And yes, this is despite supplementing my request with hairstyle pics stored on my phone. And yes, this is despite going in Great Clips cautiously and kindly, knowing that I will seem ridiculous and excessive for asking the obvious -- and then asking two more times. No matter the approach rehearsed -- and even having consulted a cosmetologist friend and being told that the description of my request makes perfect sense -- I have never left Great Clips without their standard, uneven men's cut.

Why do I return? They are open late and this fits my harsh schedule. But my last visit was my last visit. The stylist at the Chenal Little Rock, Ar location was hostile from the moment I walked-in, and she left me smelling like her bad habit. I can usually forgive lack of talent and poor personal hygiene, but not an attitude to boot. I'm done spending an hour attempting to fix my hair every time I leave Great Clips.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

A friend raved about the manager of a Great Clips Salon, so I got my hair cut by her. She snipped away furiously for a few minutes at the back of my head, and then declared herself finished after using a blow dryer and brush to style it till dry. She gave me a mirror so I could only view the back... no side mirrors. One side of my head has hair that flips out and everything is very uneven. It looks horrible. She didn't even try. All I wanted was for my bob to be cleaned up, but results are bad.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Online Check In - Why have a stated appointment time when there is no accuracy involved. I was given a time of 17 minutes from the time signed in, arrived exactly at that time. Found a mother with four children waiting for cuts, one elderly gentleman and three young adults, eight customers in all and I was well down the list. What's the point if the information is not timely and accurate, I cancelled and walked out. Seriously considering other options for subsequent haircuts. This is not the first time for such an occurrence.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I sat in the waiting area for 17 minutes and never was checked in and then another man walked in was checked in right away and was taken to do his haircut so I was skipped in line. This was totally unprofessional and will never go to Great Clips again. After going there for the last two years they have now lost my business.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I took my daughter to the Great Clips in Parker near Sprouts and the supposed hair stylist named Janie was absolutely horrible! Not only did she repeatedly complain about my daughter having chlorine build up in her hair (but didn’t offer or suggest to wash her hair), she left an obviously long patch of hair at the nape of her neck. When I pointed it out and asked her to trim it evenly, she got very defensive and went on to explain that this is how an undercut should look. So I asked her again if she would trim it a little more even, she refused.

I left and went to the Arapahoe Crossing Great Clips, where the stylist agreed that my daughter's hair was quite uneven in the back and she gladly fixed it with no charge. I had checked in to get my hair cut as well but after Janie’s extremely rude and argumentative behavior, I was not going to let her near my hair! I’ve always heard the expression that the customer is always right and apparently Janie should be in a different field of work or retrained to accept constructive criticism.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I went with my family to have a haircut. First my mom's haircut was horrible. It was uneven, but ok. The lady that was cutting my mom's was pleasant. Then next is my 4 year old son. The same lady that cut my mom's hair, she was pleasant and patient with my son who was sensitive to the sound of scissors. Then halfway, my son was fussing and can't stay still so we were trying to distract him, then this other lady that is working there said, "you guys back off, he is distracted by you."

Then she took over cutting my son's hair, pulled the chair towards her with force seemingly angry. Told the other staff to hold my son's hands. Until my son was crying and don't wanna do it, she took my son off the chair and said that I have to do something with my son's behaviour. My son has some developmental delays and was already scared in the first place, this will not help him and he may be scared to have another haircut in the future. We'll definitely not go back to this salon ever.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I live close to Marketplace therefore I was using Great Clips located there. I noticed every other haircut was good, and the bad haircuts kept getting worse. The last cut I got was the LAST one I will ever get there. My question is: If the directions for my haircuts are in your computer why can't the so called stylist follow the directions? I am now with a stylist downtown, yes I am paying more but it is well worth it. It is going to take at least 3 more hair cuts to get the mess cleared up! Really, this is uncalled for. I would love to have ALL my money back that I have spent at Great Clips. DO NOT GO THERE if you care about how your hair looks after a haircut. I gave you 1 star because there isn't anything lower.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I stopped coming to Great Clips because the prices have doubled and they still don't wash hair as a standard service. I was in the chair for less than 5 minutes for my haircut, I felt like I was on a production line. I went to a competitor, paid the same price, got my hair washed, conditioned and the stylist took her time and made me feel valued. And I paid the same price as I do at Great Clips but got so much more.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I was at Great Clips on June 6 2018 on Raeford Rd in Fayetteville NC and they told me l had a 20 minute wait. 20 minutes turned into 1 hour. I don't think it's fair that they tell the customers they can schedule appts online but you can't walk in and make appt. That's bad business and they don't come and tell you that others are ahead of you. I would not recommend Great Clips.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I always go to my haircut at Great Clips and cut my hair from one old ** Guy. He always do good job but he is retired now. Then I had another old ** lady. She cut my hair and it was good. But this time 05/23/2018 Wednesday I always go Wednesday when I sign up on Great Clips website to go at Manassas/Woodbridge, VA location it was telling me to wait for almost 62 Minutes. I went there and looking for that old ** lady but I could not find her. Then one Asian old lady came to me. She said, "No one is coming. Your number is first." I said, "Ok." After that she ask me how to cut my hair. I told her, "Cut my hair from side short and back very short and leave on top around 3 to 4 inch hair so I can comb." She said, "Ok." But so far my knowledge she could not understand English. She start cutting my hair and messed up my hairstyle from back side and top. She cut my hair back side one side short one side big and on top she leave only 1 to 2 inch hair.

I told her, "You messed up my hair." She said, "Then do not pay." Even she did not say sorry or apologize to me. She was so rude and disrespectful. I wanna say something to her but I just quit because it was woman. I wrote email to Great Clips. They said it is franchise. Someone will contact me. Wow this is really unfair service to customer. Company do not wanna take responsibility. Everyone just wanna make money. This World and People going in wrong direction. God bless them.

Original review: May 23, 2018

We have left appropriate reviews for this location. 3298 N Glassford Hill Rd Ste 106, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314. The owner and manager have refused to contact us. I have filed a dispute with my Credit Card. Great Clips has a terrible reputation and boy did they earn it! Response from the owner a week ago, "We're sorry to hear this was your experience, Nancy. If you'd like, please call us at ** or email ** with the details and location so we can best assist you and follow up with you. Thank you."

2nd review. My wife visited this location several weeks ago and the stylist (if you can call her that) was rude and did a terrible job cutting her hair. My wife left an online review for the terrible job and was contacted by Great Clip's customer service (see above). Customer service promised us the local store would reach out to us and they have not. It has been two weeks and we expect a call from someone or we will dispute the charge on our credit card. I called the store today and spoke to ** (absolutely no help) and she refused to share the owner's name or phone number. I asked her to have the manager call but as usual we haven't heard from anyone. Their reviews should be enough to scare anyone away!

Original review: May 18, 2018

So I tried to check in on my phone and that did not work, so I tried to call and was told that it was walk ins only. So I tried to walk in and there was an hour wait because of the online check ins. Way too much trouble to get a haircut, too STRESSFUL, and your system is not working for us.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I have never in my life experienced such a lack in empathy. I was diagnosed with breast CANCER, had surgery last week and today was DENIED service for shampoo. (Pennington, NJ location) Lady stated it was their policy. You must purchase an additional service with shampoo. The price board states differently. Where is the compassion for breast cancer patients? After surgery I couldn’t lift my arms above my head so I needed assistance. Money? No issue. The store's attitude? TERRIBLE.

I left not only with my breast cancer and hanging tubes and drains along my sides, but I also left feeling let down by a woman who made me feel worse than my cancer. I despise this place. They have no compassion for cancer patients which leads me to see they don’t support any causes! I will never return and I have contacted the attorney general's office, Division of Civil Rights and anyone that cares to hear about a cancer patient treated wrong. Shame on you Great Clips. Never again.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I have been taking my grandma there to get her hair washed and when Nathan was there he always greeted us with a smile. But this past Sunday we were immediately made to feel like we weren’t welcome. The lady at the front told us they couldn’t wash her hair because they would be busy due to the sale on haircuts however there was no wait, no cars out front and no one waiting. Then one nice lady agreed to wash her hair and I told the lady I would be back that I had to run to KFC to get my grandma her food and asked if she wanted anything, even said I’d treat her she politely declined.

When I came back the rude lady at the front told me that my grandma couldn’t be left alone... what the heck?!?! She was sitting quietly not bothering anyone and I had only been gone 20 mins and the lady said she was waiting 30... how? Didn’t it take more than 5 mins to wash and dry her hair?? She was so rude that I told her we wouldn’t be back. If you are elderly do not go here. They made it very clear the elderly aren’t wanted... you can feel the tension when you walk in, it’s like everyone walks on eggshells due to the one big lady who so rudely controls the environment. Absolutely Horrible!!!!

Original review: April 22, 2018

Cathie is an excellent beautician! She listens to what the customer wants and the end result will keep me coming back for a haircut! Thank You! Great Hair Cut by Cathie at the Sorrento, Fl. Great Clips!

Original review: April 22, 2018

I have been cut my hair and my kids in GC but last time they cut my hair in a bad way. They have in their record from years that I keep my hair over my side, but this visit was very bad because read the comment and then cut it in wrong way, she had difficulty to speak and listen and has no voice. Even they offer free but never again, even she never give me a receipt. The place is Frankfort East, KY 40601.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I took my daughter to get a haircut at Great Clips (Shopper Plaza, Gibsonia, PA) today. She wanted about 3 inches cut off. We sat in MaryAnne's chair and explained and showed her what we wanted. I even stayed to watch her make the first cut (about an inch below the chin). I then went and sat down, trusting that the haircut would be as explained. I was wrong. When I went to check in on my daughter I saw that her hair was now cut up to her lips. And to make matters worse, it was very choppy. My daughter was in tears. When I questioned her about the length, she said it was "shrinkage". That is just a lie. I know my daughter's straight hair, and it does not shrink 2.5 inches.

I then questioned why it was so choppy. MaryAnne said that she would fix that, but also said that in order to fix it, her hair would be even shorter. Another hair stylist stepped in when she saw how upset my daughter and I were and fixed her hair as best as she could. We were not charge (and believe me, I wouldn't have paid anyways). I was also offered a gift certificate, but I turned it down because we will NEVER be back. The woman who fixed my daughter's hair said that MaryAnne messes up quite often. If MaryAnne wasn't comfortable cutting girls' hair, then she should tell people. I would have gladly waited for another stylist. This woman should not be cutting anyone's hair. I've never seen my daughter so upset before and I don't blame her. Instead of getting 3 inches cut off, she had close to 6. I will never be back and I will also share my experience on other website and tell friends of mine to never return to a Great Clips.

Original review: April 5, 2018

So happy with my haircut today at the Great Clips on Warwick Road in Middletown, DE. Everyone at the salon is professional and very friendly!!! Mandy cut my hair today and it is beautiful! I'm so happy with it. So glad I met Mandy and she is such a FANTASTIC hairdresser, with a friendly, caring personality!!! I hope she never moves out of Delaware. Will always go back to her. ; )

Original review: April 5, 2018

I went to the Great Clips on S.Queen St in York Pa, did the online check-in all was good. 2nd person there, the girl asked me how I want my hair cut. I told her short and layered. She starts and says, "Oh you only want 3 inches cut off and trimmed." I'm like, "No. I told you short." A few minutes later she asked me if that's short enough. I said, "No. I want it at the nape of the neck and short, layered." 3 more times I had to tell her. She kept making my hair went, she goes, "Ok. I'm done." I said, "No. It's not what I want," so she plays a bit more. Finally in frustration I said, "It's fine." When I got home my hair was finally dry and a mess. I had bobs missing everywhere in the back. My bf took a pic it was horrible, wasn't even short like I asked. I was so upset and embarrassed. I work as a cashier I wasn't about to go to work this way.

I called them, manager says, "Come back. I'll fix it." I get there she proceeds to tell me the girl cut my hair the way I requested. I said, "No she didn't." "Well I don't understand how you want it cut." I was getting more upset. I said, "See the lady sitting waiting? I want it like hers." "Ok. But your file says a bob cut, and you had your last haircut in Etters Pa." I'm like, "I never in my life had a bob cut and I live in York Pa 5 minutes from your shop. I never go to Etters to start with. Why would I go there for a haircut?" She's like, "Well that's what my files say..." I was like, "Ok whatever. Just fix this mess." She did recut it and looks some better but not the way I wanted it but better than before... Needless to say I will never go back there again.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Took my son to the Ajax Great Clips. The lady who cut his hair did a terrible job, it seems like she was learning. He asked for a 3 on sides and scissors on top to have it longer, he is 15 years old... But this girl did a 3 on all and totally ruined his hair. It looks like an "army" style. I will never come back. Employees shouldn't "practice" on customers. So disappointed. Store manager didn't charge us for the cut and apologized for what happened.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Very rude. Unprofessional. Unfriendly. No experience. Not a place for anybody to come and get a haircut. Very rude environment. They say welcome in the beginning and then they don’t talk. I went to the one in 2830 Osceola Parkway Kissimmee fl 34743. Worst service ever.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Took my 7 year old there for a haircut. Told the girl leave the back just clean up the top and sides. She started in the back and not only cut what we didn’t want cut but also it was uneven. A few minutes into the haircut she finds a flea on my son and tells me she can’t proceed and I would have to take my son and leave. I could come back when I remedied the situation. What situation??!! One flea is a situation? A flea that very well could have jumped on him at their salon! And what should I do to remedy it, take him home for a flea bath?! I called 3 other salons who all agreed it was ridiculous and unprofessional. Never go there again!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My 13 year old son is so upset right now because he went for a haircut at Great Clips located at Fox Creek Plaza in Oakville and the short Asian woman cut the top of his hair short when I specifically asked her to cut it the exact length of the model in the photo by the entrance door which is approximately 3 inches. He wanted the side short and top longer to show off his beautiful curls. They are truly not professionals, and one other woman with a large build and blonde hair who also works there had the nerve to say my son's hair is actually longer than the photo because they are professionals and know what they are doing. The nerve! They are truly not professionals. They obviously can't take simple orders and cut hair the same length as a photo. Truly disappointed, my son has been growing his hair for a while, and now it's back to being short.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I went there and asked for a simple trim and they gave me a bowl cut and it doesn’t stop there. Multiple of my friends have went there and have a absolutely terrible experience. Everyone I know that’s went there has not got what they wanted. They should either shut down or get better barbers.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Okay long story short I had gotten my haircut at Great Clips in Dr. Phillips in Orlando and I usually get my haircut there for the last eleven years. And when I got my haircut there this year in 2018 the stylists who cut my hair said he would have to charge four to five dollars just for a simple rinse when I have never been asked to pay a few extra dollars just for a basic rinse as Great Clips has never asked me that. And now that they did it's like why should I pay extra money for a rinse if I'm already paying for a haircut that cost me roughly $15 bucks.

So now I will no longer be going back to Great Clips until they can stop charging customers an arm and a leg just for a water rinse as I always tend to get a rinse right after my haircut so I have decided to take my Business elsewhere as in The meantime I hope Great Clips gets shut down!!! Because it's just really absurd how they expect the customer to pay up for a rinse yet I could understand if it was a Luxurious shampoo Massage but a rinse. It never said that on the Price Board in the salon so someone is lying within the salon about these extra prices out of nowhere. It's just crazy and stupid at the same time.

Great Clips Company Information