Great Clips

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Got a haircut there at the St. Joseph location in Cullman. Told the girl I just wanted a trim. I almost had to draw her a picture of what a trim was. She pulled out the big clippers and started from the bottom giving me whitewalls. In the back she clipped down to the skin 2 inches above my hairline. Everybody that come in was staring at me and my stupid haircut. I was pretty upset when I got out and felt the back of my head. I'm wearing a ball cap now. I cannot even comb my hair anyway like it needs to be. They want these girls to do quickies with clippers cause it's faster than scissors. Lady had a young boy getting a haircut next to me. They got done and left. While I was still in the chair she brought him back in cause the girl missed a big spot on the back and had to redo it. Stay away from these chain cutters who try to make a lot of money while giving you a haircut you could do by yourself. Also the girl smelled like a cig that cut my hair.

I had my haircut this morning by Ivy. We discussed how much I wanted cut. I showed her. It was well below my shoulders by at least 2 inches. I said I wanted 3 or 4 inches cut off. She seemed to understand. She cut the back of my hair. She showed me in the mirror. I looked. I said, "It is way too short but it isn't like you can put it back on." She had to cut the rest of my hair. When she was done the front wasn't even but at this point I was done and angry. I shouldn't have paid but I did. I asked for a refund. She said I would have to talk to the owner. So I left my name and number and why I needed a refund. I was given a card from the salon. Gateway Center West Bloomfield MI. There is an email on the card that doesn't work. I went to the corporate website and called the corporate office and made a complaint. They said the owner would call me.

I called the salon back to tell them that the email that was on the card doesn't work and Ivy who happened to answer the phone said the manager was there. I went back to the salon to speak with the manager about a refund. She was less than helpful. I explained I wanted a refund and that my hair was much shorter than agreed upon and it was uneven. She said she would have to review the tapes but since I got my haircut I couldn't get a full refund. I am pretty sure they don't have cameras. She offered me a $2 discount card. I said I was never going to return to the store and I wanted a full refund. She couldn't do that. I said you can give me $2 then. She gave me $2. She then asked me to leave. I said No. My hair is ruined. She then went to the door and opened it and threatened to have me removed. I did leave. I should have stayed and have the police remove me. I will never return. Terrible customer service and a horrible haircut.

I was employed by Great Clips and in one day I pretty much got the jest of it. It has a typical 1980's working structure. Minimize costs, maximize output at the expense customer satisfaction, product outcome and employee welfare. This company expects 15 minute haircuts, while answering phone calls for appointments and greeting customers. No front desk help just the cosmetologist taking time out of her productivity quota to input walking customer's information on the computer/cash register area in the front of the shop.

Cosmetologist are also expected to sell a minimum quota of products that are priced high. The typical customers to these type of store are from low middle class background and usually cannot afford these products. You cannot close the cash register until 9 pm, so by the time money is reconciled and tips sorted out it is usually 930. 30 minutes that are not paid. THEN one has to follow another cosmetologist to drop off money at a "nearby" bank. Again unpaid 20 minutes, unpaid gas mileage. These people want their cake and eat too. In the one I was employed at, starts you off at $7.50 per hour plus tips... So they do not use the percentage system used in most hair salons. I would say it would be a good place for a new cosmetologist, just out of school. It would get their haircut speed up and start with the worst place to work. Everything else will be a breeze after that.

I have been going to Great Clips since they came to SC. Always great to good haircut. Went in last week. Person cutting hair smelled bad and it was obvious he smoked heavily - did not wash hands after break. Poor haircut, but I said OK because I couldn't take smoke odor. E-mailed customer service. They wrote back the next day and said they were sorry but it was a franchise and they didn't really care. I've waited a week and of course the franchisee has not made contact. I guess they really didn't care. I'll probably go back when someone I know is working, but Great Clips needs to much better corporate customer service.

I when I sat in the chair I asked if she knew how to do a wedge. She replied she did, I showed her a picture and she said no problem. She had a rude tone. She started hacking away. I asked her if she was going to section off the hair, she said "No, not everyone has to section off the hair." She continued. She said she was done, turned chair around, gave me a mirror and I was so mad. It is the worst cut I ever had. I explained to her how I was a hair stylist in Chicago for many years. She changed her tone and tried to fix it. I told her to stop she was making it worse. I turn around and my son, also had his hair cut, well his hair was all uneven. This great clip is on Palo alto by the Walmart in San Antonio TX.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Great Clips?

When you go to Great Clips you never know what you're going to get. Many times I have been and many times I have gotten a bad haircut. They are unreliable and will not listen to your requests but will only cut it the way they see fit. Overall my experience at Great Clips was disappointing and I will not be going there again.

I got a coupon in the mail for a haircut for $6.99. When I called to make an appointment I was told that was a "discount" of $6.99. NOWHERE ON THE COUPON DOES IT INDICATE A DISCOUNT. The coupon states a haircut for $6.99. When I mentioned this to the young lady I was speaking to she did not care and said that the haircut would be $10.99. I hope that their stylist have more integrity than their advertising. I would not go there even if the haircut was free.

While visiting this location the stylist didn't know how to cut hair. I was a Guinea pig and the manager was aware of the girl didn't know what she was doing so the manager would have to recut every Head she destroyed then your hair was too short and not done properly. Then you have to pay full price for letting someone trying to figure out how to do it.

I've had a haircut done once at Great Clips... It wasn't the best but I could work with it. So I thought I try again for the sake of saving some bucks... This time a man hairdresser assured me that he can do texturing, layering etc. He chopped my hair in 3 moves too short and then used a comb to texture which absolutely destroyed my hair structure. My head is still itching and the cut looks hideous one week later. Would not recommend to anyone.

Customers who have cell phones can make an appointment online and even if you have been there as a walk in before them they are taken ahead of you so plan on waiting 30 to 45 minutes just for a 5 minute haircut. Has happen 2 times, not fair should be first come first served. Well you just lost all my business. I will be going somewhere else. Shame on you management for making this rule.

I have been to Great Clips a few times and have had great haircuts and have been treated with courtesy and respect in the past. Today, I entered the Great Clips on University, and there were 2 women hairdressers there speaking Spanish so I asked for the other hairdresser who had cut my hair previously in Spanish. I pointed to where her chair was and they didn't know who I was talking about. I then said she was dark skinned. And with a nasty attitude, the younger of the two, responded in Spanish "Oh, the ** one" but in Spanish the word is "**" which is offensive. They both got upset because I didn't want them to cut my hair especially because of their nasty attitude. I left without saying a word. That was rude, disrespectful and racist in any language. I will return but only when these two Spanish women aren't there.

Going back to my hometown, decided I wanted a hair cut. My hair was down to my waist in length and wanted it cut off and it styled. NEVER EVER AGAIN will I use this Great Clips or any others. They need to shut their door and run with tucked tails. If your workers cant performed to cutting ones hair, they shouldnt ask you what type of cut you would like. I cannot believe what my hairdresser did to my hair. I would like to go in and do her hair, as compensation. I bet she wouldnt like it and surely would and couldnt live with it. My hair looks cute from front... Shocked with the cut in back and all the notches in it. It was supposed to have a taper look to it... WOW!

My barber used the wrong clipper numbers and the result was very very short hair. My hair grows slow and this will take a long time to get back where it should be. She said she was sorry and said I would not have to pay for the damage she did. This will be my last trip to Great Clips. I am a 69 year old man and I don't understand how these girls can be so careless. She didn't seem to be bothered by what she did, but I was. Great Clips will not see me again.

My hair was past my shoulder blades. I had grown it out after a bad haircut long again so I could get it cut and have plenty of hair for any style I chose. I chose a simple above my shoulders, one length, frame my face. I cried for hours after I left. I said I didn't like it and the stylist immediately stopped styling and went straight to the register to ring me out. Charged me full price. Completely butchered my hair. Looks like a 3 year old cut it blindfolded. Worse cut I've ever had in my life!!! I have to cut it even shorter to even it out now!!! I'm still crying days later!!! Never ever go to the Great Clips on Olentangy River Rd to the stylist with short hair. I should have known better when I saw her hair. She didn't care about her own why would she care about anyone else's?! I even said my sister was getting married next weekend and I have to be in it taking pictures with the ugliest haircut I've ever had! Amber is an insult to stylists!

This is the second and last time I ever WASTE my time and money at one of your shady establishments. I don't usually write comments or reviews. One because they always go unheard and two even if they are heard the person that's cashing the checks doesn't do anything about it anyway. Your staff is grossly unequipped to give out men's haircuts. You might as well put on a number 4 and buzz the whole thing. I can see how your business model earns you other people's hard earned money. Set up as many stores as possible, hire ignorant employees quickly with no clue as to what a simple haircut is, then work the masses. You probably figure not everyone will like it but as long as there's asses in the seats I'm making my money. Quality does not exist in places like these. It's just a way to fatten someone's pocket by providing a service and not delivering. No, these comments will not change anything about your shady establishment but I feel better.

Employee does not listen with purpose. Asked for a medium fade and they faded up high like a high and tight. I pointed where to start the fade and they continued to go all the way up. Plus they put a line and didn't actual fade it. Then they got mad when I said there's a line. Didn't clean the hair off and didn't trim. Literally the worst haircut in my entire life - Natrona Heights, PA @ the Highlands Mall.

My kids have been going to Great Clips for a few years. Recently we moved and Great Clips in northfield commons on south blvd, troy is really nearby. I convinced my 83 year old father to go there due to proximity of the location. It was our first time at this location and when my 13 year old walked out started crying. Not only had they cut his hair way too short but very uneven. One side of the head shorter than the other. He wore hat for two weeks until it started to grow out.

My father went today and being 83 he already has very thin hair. The hair dresser shaved his head. When called to complained since the elderly are too embarrassed to do so I was told to have him go back and they would fix it. Fix what??? They had shaved his head. The only guy hair dresser needs to go to school to learn how to cut hair. If you want to save money and walk out embarrassed and wear a hat for a few weeks go to this location!!!

I went to the Great Clips in Boston Square in Strongsville, Oh. I told them how I wanted my hair done. Well, it was done how the stylist wanted it. The worst part of it was she kept saying "oops" while she was cutting my hair. That's the last thing I want to hear while I'm getting my hair done. Thanks to them I look like a boy. Will never go there again.

Great Clips at 1838 Warrensville Center Rd, South Euclid, OH, 44121 (across from Walmart, next to Penn Station Subs) - My son got a hair cut there today and manager **, ruined my son's hair and cut top too short, she left right side long and top short and a line on side without fade. She had a nasty attitude and denied my son was explicit about not touching top of head. I hope she gets fired, she should not even have a license. Manager ** denied everything and was not responsive to complaints, it was like she was on some medication of some sort.

When I asked for a person above her or a number to call she told me there was nobody above her or a place I could call, which was a complete lie because I was able to get a headquarter's number online. Don't go get a hair cut there. This felt like a hate crime or genocide or racist crime as she ruined my son's look that will take several months to grow and because of her my son will now have to be forced to wear a hat.

A few weeks ago I went to your store at 7-Hills in Spring Hill. I hadn't had a professional haircut in over a year. I have been out of work for over a year and informed the hairdresser of this. She tried so hard to have me purchase items from your store. I reminded her I don't have a job. She again tried to push something else on me and again I told her I didn't have the money. I was more embarrassed with each item she tried to push on me. I know that must be part of their job to be pushy on selling products. I didn't appreciate her selling tactics and will never go back there again!

I used to go to Great Clips at Round Rock, Texas. Just to accompany my friend who lives at Jollyville, I went to 10001 Research Blvd Austin today around 2 pm. The price seems pretty cheap and I had a coupon which should also lower the price. The haircut was quick enough, although not what I expected - simply what a less experienced lady can do. When paying, the lady was so quick - she didn't hear when I was asking to use my coupon and just printed a new coupon with the receipt. Unfortunately, I paid $3 tips for this bogus service. I found my friend using another coupon. Then I asked why she didn't consider my coupon. The reply was "I can't guarantee, but let me try".

The lady who cut my hair and billed for me, seemed very expert in refunding and re-billing with my coupon. After 10 minutes, I got "sorry, we cannot do anything... there is no option for refund because you paid by credit card... Next time bring this receipt... Here is the next time coupon..." I just left with "I don't need this receipt". My question is - how ridiculous system you are using, which only knows how to get money, doesn't know how to adjust/refund? Why the employees are so quick, and don't hear about the customers before using this bogus system - are you paying them less because you are taking less from customers?

Went into Great Clips on 44th street Friday afternoon for haircut June 5th and asked if I had signed in online and I said I did not as I was unaware that's how you get served. She wrote me on a list the 5th one on the list and she said 15 minutes wait as there were 3 people who had signed in online. I waited and waited as people came in and were served. I figured finally after about 25 minutes where I was on the line and was told there were others that had come in who had signed in and she had no idea how much longer. One guy told me he drove into the parking lot and signed in... came in and was served. Next a lady came in with 5 kids and they started doing the kids immediately.

Again I asked how much longer and the lady at the cash register looked around and said she didn't know as one of the operators had left for lunch. So I inquired why I had to wait so long when people came in after me were waited on already. She told me I need to sign in online to get quicker service. You got to be kidding me. Now I was there a lot longer. She told me there is an app on my phone I should download and always use that. I am 78 years old and don't use apps or know how. I also thought because I was a senior woman they brushed me off as everyone exception of one young gal were all males. I am sure they thought they could get them done earlier than work with me. I have gone there ever since they opened and have never been treated so bad.

Went to this disgusting, plastic, cheap franchise looping top 20 pop-tart music with retarded twenty-something-year-old women gossiping for the entire hour I was waiting to receive just a TRIM. The stylist or presumable the ** off the street they just hired butchered my hair and then without asking me took the clippers and shaved my sideburns completely off above the ear... It looks like ** sling-blade. This place is a joke and should be burnt to the ground with the stylists inside.

I received an email from Leukemia Research Foundation telling me about "Cancer Survivor Beauty and Support Day". Since I am a leukemia survivor and needed a simple hair trim and am a Great Clips customer for years, I thought that was good timing and would go get my hair trimmed June 7, 2016. I called the phone number of one of the stores on the list and reached Eric the manager of the Crown Point salon. He told me since I live in Schererville but usually go to the Merrillville salon that I could go there since it was closer. He said that Great Clips was a sponsor of this and that all Great Clips should be honoring this day!

I just happened to call the Merrillville Great Clips to make sure they were participating, and they told me that they (franchise Dyer, Schererville, & Merrillville) were not participating. I found this VERY discouraging, especially since two of those salons are who I give all of my business. I feel that this franchise owner is NOT PROFESSIONAL OR UNDERSTANDING!! Also, since BOTH my daughter and I go to the Merrillville salon and pay regular price most times, I have another fact that shows he/she is not very nice or deserving of repeat customers... once I came to the Merrillville salon with a coupon that expired only 1-2 days ago because I had been out of town, and they would NOT even let me use it.

Most businesses are more understanding especially for repeat customers that you want to come back!! Very disappointed in this franchise of Great Clips!!! IF GREAT CLIPS IS ONE OF THE SPONSORS OF THIS CANCER SUPPORT DAY, THEN DEFINITELY ALL GREAT CLIP SALONS SHOULD BE INCLUDED!!

The Great Clips at Newport, Tn has gotten worse and worse every time I have went there but today has been the worst. The barber or supposed to be barber was rude and when anyone tried to explain why it looked wrong she just commented to the point that seemed people are stupid. The barber Jackie **. I also heard some comments she made to the customer before me. Evidently she thinks or maybe that's the problem she don't think but anyway I guess everyone is going to have deal with it so she will be happy. May try a different Great Clips - not going to the Newport, TN shop anymore.

You guys suck. You need to go back to school to know how to cut hair. GO TO A BARBERSHOP SCHOOL, YOU GUYS REALLY NEED IT. If not, you guys should hire people who been in a barbershop. You guys are freaking terrible, I was not satisfy with my cut. I WILL NEVER COME BACK TO THAT PLACE. You guys don't give what I ask for. I ask for a normal haircut and you guys gave me a buzz cut. Don't yall know the differences between a buzz cut and a normal cut? I am sorry, y'all need to close and reopen when y'all know how to cut. I need this was gonna happen but it even worst than my expectation.

Now I have to fix my hair and restart my waves process again. My haircut is really bad and it suck. The stylist there or whatever you guys call it, couldn't even say this is a good cut. Y'all suck, you worse than terrible, and y'all need some serious help. The great clips I went to is the one close to Von in Las Vegas 89113.They got a gas station and a Little Ceasar over in that area too.They suck you guys. Don't ever go there in your life. Don't go to any Great Clips in you guys life.They are not great, they are terrible. They should call it Terrible Clips. This my advice to you as well as my review. Have a good life,"Terrible Clips."

I ask her for a short layered haircut tapered in the back. Well the haircut is not layered and the back is not tapered. She got an attitude as I told her I wanted it layered but I didn't like the results. I KNOW WE SHOULD NOT WRITE CAPS BUT I AM UPSET BECAUSE HAIR TAKES A LONG TIME TO GROW BACK! I would love to write her name down but karma will be a **. This was at the Tidewater Drive store.

Since when is it OK for people to tell other people it's OK to cut in front of the line of other people? Great Clips online check-in will never fly by me, and/or cause me to be kept waiting, ever again. I'll take my business elsewhere from now on.

The manager at the Town Square in Roanoke, Virginia Great Clips did an amazing haircut on me today. Very professional and I love the great job he did on my hair. Not all Great Clips are bad, I highly recommend this one.

The worst haircut ever. Inattentive, constant chit chat amongst themselves, every time I have been there I see new faces. New stylist did not know what the heck he was doing, kept complaining about the music. Had to tell him to trim behind my ear. Painfully slow. I am very disappointed. Will never go back. Worst run franchise!!! He did not even know he sucked. What is your hiring criteria??? If any??? Now I have to pay more to get my hair fixed... Worst experience ever.

Great Clips Company Profile