Great Clips

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The man was very unprofessional. Barely washed my hair (the back of my hair was greasy once my hair dried), used cold water and towards the end of the shampoo the warm water came! After the shampoo, he just placed the towel on my hair and did not squeeze them. I have mid-long hair. I just needed to cut an inch or so. He cut more or less what I asked him. He showed me the back of my hair with the mirror (no smile, no comments...), started to remove the robe, I touched my hair and they were dripping with water! I looked at him meaning "Don't you think you should do something?" He grabbed the hair dryer and pretended to dry them. The whole experience was a disaster. I should not have to pay for someone who obviously was not trained to be a hair dresser and who knows nothing about customer relationship!

I needed a haircut because I was fixing to go on a trip with my family. Got there and I told the lady to cut the sides short and leave the top long. She did the exact opposite of that. Now I am practically bald. Worst haircut ever. Stay away from this place.

I went to Great Clips located at Skibo Rd in Fayetteville NC. I paid with my credit card but the wrong amount was put in. The manager caught it and stated that she had the amount reversed back to my card and she put in the right amount. The next day I checked my account and found that it was in the negative, I look at the account and found that Great Clips charged my account for both amounts. I went to see the manager. She called corporate and they informed her that it takes 6 to 10 days to return your money, your money not theirs. I informed that manager that was BS because Great Clips was quick to take my money but slow to return it. It's my money not Great Clips' that they took. Well congratulations you just lost two customers and I will be sure to tell anyone who listens not to use their credit cards if they go to any Great Clips.

So about six months I think and I went to Great Clips to get a haircut of what I thought was going to be a little trim on the top and sides and I never been so wrong cause the hair dresser cutted my hair as if it was a hedge! Now it is growing out weird so now I don't know what to do! I ruined a great haircut.

This was the worst day of my life. I arrive in to meet a most unfriendly ** woman who was very rude and smelled bad. She was very aggressive and not gentle. She had no English. She obviously didn't understand trim not shave me bald. Awful experience. Greatly disappointed. And then the check of her to tell me to pay her... good luck. Not sure she was qualified enough to shear sheep. SAVE YOURSELF FROM THIS place. I walked in there a man... to this minute I don't know what to call myself. Worst night of my life. Stay away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Great Clips?

Fritz had only one purpose when I sat in his chair. I believe it was how quickly can I get this guy (me) hair cut and get another person in my chair. He appeared not to listen to me when I told him what I wanted. He went for the electric clippers, even though I said I wanted scissors. I had to remind him I wanted scissors. He tugged on my hair over and over as he cut and cut. I had to remind him all I wanted was a trim. I ended up with so much more than a trim. My hair is so very short it spikes. Never again for me Great Clips with Fritz.

I got a coupon in the mail for a $6.99 haircut at GreatClips and decided to go there. The place itself was nice, but the lady who did my hair was the most condescending stylist I have ever encountered. I'm currently growing out a pixie cut (I was so, so so close), so I asked for the back/bottom area of my hair to be trimmed because it gets rather unruly. She immediately told me trimming my hair was stupid if I wanted to grow it out, despite every other hair stylist I've gone to saying that trimming the area I described was the best way to grow it out. Her tone was extremely condescending throughout the entire session. She began to cut my hair, not-so-quietly judging me as she did so.

About halfway through she paused and was like "Do you ever use product? Leave in conditioner...? Anything? Cause your hair is really, REALLY dry. Like, REALLY dry." My hair is far from dry, as my other stylists and myself have observed over the past 10 years. After that, she continued to cut higher up my head. And higher. And higher. Till she cut almost right up to the very top of my head. Mind you, I had only CLEARLY asked for the bottom couple of inches to be trimmed, but she somehow thought I wanted the bottom 6 inches cut.

Now my almost-grown pixie is shorter than it was initially. And, the area I actually wanted trimmed wasn't trimmed to the length I wanted. The entire back of my head was one length. I have a flat head, so now the back of my head looks like a box. She kept the front and sides of my hair untouched, so it looks like I have a reverse mullet. AFTER she cut all my hair off, she mentioned again how getting my hair cut was anti-productive for growing it out, at which time I almost lost it. I'm very timid though, and would never ** out someone in public.

Anyways, after commenting again on my stupid request and my "dry" hair, she took me to pay and the haircut cost $10.99. $10.99. Even though I gave her the coupon for a $6.99 haircut. She then insisted I include a tip. Again, I'm not a confrontational person, so I just let it all happen. I shouldn't have paid for that. I should have at least been able to get the 6.99 cut I was promised. The $6.99 cut that possessed me to step foot in that hell hole.

The other workers seemed fine with their clients, I just got the bad one. I've never had a haircut make me cry, but this one surely did. I can't look in a mirror or touch the back of my head right now cause I hate it so much. I'm now investing in a wig till it grows out. I've been put back several months now and I'm sick of growing it out. I was so close to getting to a length I wanted. So, thanks GreatClips. Thanks sooo much. I'll never be setting foot in any of your salons ever again. Gladwin Rd. location in Abbotsford. Worker looked mid-40s, with tattoos and burgundy spiked hair. Definitely NOT worth the coupon. Especially since it didn't even work.

I have been a customer at the LaGrange, GA Great Clips for years. Lately every time I go in for a hair cut the stylist who is also the manager of both stores in LaGrange (Kim **) has been very haughty and tells me not to mess with my hair until she gets through with it! My hair is very thin on top and I don't like it to be brushed back with thin bangs and every time I try to get her to brush it to the side to cover the thinness she acts like it's a problem and it is embarrassing the way she tries to treat me like a child (I am 72 years old). I know she says she has been a manager for 15 year or so but she need to be more aware of her customers and what they want than how long she has been a manager!!

She is the only person at Great Clips that have treated me that way in all the years that I have been going. And it's not only me, she was rude to my friend that was with me as well when she ask her to texturize her hair. (She told her that she would if she thought it needed it.) What happened to what the customer wants and feels????

Cut it to the shoulders was what we asked them to do. And this is what they did made my 16 year old daughter look like a boy with that cut. And yes like some others have said. They do not listen and Claire the manager rude and immature. Their attitude is "it's just a haircut it'll grow back." Try thinking about it from a 16 year old girl's view. Unless it grows back overnight. That will not work. Ladies and girls run from this place and the 30 other Great Clips in Orlando, FL since they are all owned by the same guy. I would not trust them with my cat's hair. They screwed it up and tried to give me parenting advice. Claire also hung up on my daughter when my daughter tried to call her about it. What kind of person would do that.

I have been going to Great Clips in North Arlington, NJ since June or July 2016 & I don't always get the same person to cut my hair, but that's fine, no need to be so picky. I don't really have to wait long, they are always pleasant & I like the haircut I get. I usually get what I ask for, & if it isn't, it will grow back, no big deal, & that's coming from a lady! Their prices are reasonable & I don't have the patience to wait 2-3 hours in a hair salon. So, today, 1/21/17 I would like to say Thank You to Bernadette & I'll be back!

I have gone to the local Great Clips many times over the last two years. This past week is the last time! I have had some good cuts, some mediocre cuts and many bad cuts. I never knew which girl would be there and most often saw an entirely new person each time. This time I told the girl that I wanted only 1/2 inch off the top and no skin showing over my ears. I got 2.5 in. off the top and 1/4 in. around the ears. The girl answered the phone and instructed a new girl how to run the register during my cut. Because she absolutely ignored my instructions, I will find a new barber. If you want cheap, that is what you get.

Had to have another hairdresser fix my hair. Wanted a inch off. I am almost bald! Thank god it's winter and I can wear a hat. I shouldn't had to pay when it was the first hairdresser's fault she really didn't know what she was doing. Didn't get a receipt why??? Hamilton On. Canada Centre Mall.

I specifically asked the girl to trim my hair and not cut it too short because it is getting colder outside now. Guess what? I walked out of the place with a very short haircut. So short in the back that it looks like a man's haircut. I asked her to thin out the sides because they were too bushy and didn't lay right. She just cut the hair and didn't thin it out or shape it, so my hair sticks out now. I can't even get a small roller in the top of my hair!!! I WILL NEVER EVER GO THERE AGAIN, AND I DEFINITELY WILL NOT RECOMMEND THAT PLACE TO ANYONE ELSE!!!

Got a haircut there at the St. Joseph location in Cullman. Told the girl I just wanted a trim. I almost had to draw her a picture of what a trim was. She pulled out the big clippers and started from the bottom giving me whitewalls. In the back she clipped down to the skin 2 inches above my hairline. Everybody that come in was staring at me and my stupid haircut. I was pretty upset when I got out and felt the back of my head. I'm wearing a ball cap now. I cannot even comb my hair anyway like it needs to be. They want these girls to do quickies with clippers cause it's faster than scissors. Lady had a young boy getting a haircut next to me. They got done and left. While I was still in the chair she brought him back in cause the girl missed a big spot on the back and had to redo it. Stay away from these chain cutters who try to make a lot of money while giving you a haircut you could do by yourself. Also the girl smelled like a cig that cut my hair.

I had my haircut this morning by Ivy. We discussed how much I wanted cut. I showed her. It was well below my shoulders by at least 2 inches. I said I wanted 3 or 4 inches cut off. She seemed to understand. She cut the back of my hair. She showed me in the mirror. I looked. I said, "It is way too short but it isn't like you can put it back on." She had to cut the rest of my hair. When she was done the front wasn't even but at this point I was done and angry. I shouldn't have paid but I did. I asked for a refund. She said I would have to talk to the owner. So I left my name and number and why I needed a refund. I was given a card from the salon. Gateway Center West Bloomfield MI. There is an email on the card that doesn't work. I went to the corporate website and called the corporate office and made a complaint. They said the owner would call me.

I called the salon back to tell them that the email that was on the card doesn't work and Ivy who happened to answer the phone said the manager was there. I went back to the salon to speak with the manager about a refund. She was less than helpful. I explained I wanted a refund and that my hair was much shorter than agreed upon and it was uneven. She said she would have to review the tapes but since I got my haircut I couldn't get a full refund. I am pretty sure they don't have cameras. She offered me a $2 discount card. I said I was never going to return to the store and I wanted a full refund. She couldn't do that. I said you can give me $2 then. She gave me $2. She then asked me to leave. I said No. My hair is ruined. She then went to the door and opened it and threatened to have me removed. I did leave. I should have stayed and have the police remove me. I will never return. Terrible customer service and a horrible haircut.

I was employed by Great Clips and in one day I pretty much got the jest of it. It has a typical 1980's working structure. Minimize costs, maximize output at the expense customer satisfaction, product outcome and employee welfare. This company expects 15 minute haircuts, while answering phone calls for appointments and greeting customers. No front desk help just the cosmetologist taking time out of her productivity quota to input walking customer's information on the computer/cash register area in the front of the shop.

Cosmetologist are also expected to sell a minimum quota of products that are priced high. The typical customers to these type of store are from low middle class background and usually cannot afford these products. You cannot close the cash register until 9 pm, so by the time money is reconciled and tips sorted out it is usually 930. 30 minutes that are not paid. THEN one has to follow another cosmetologist to drop off money at a "nearby" bank. Again unpaid 20 minutes, unpaid gas mileage. These people want their cake and eat too. In the one I was employed at, starts you off at $7.50 per hour plus tips... So they do not use the percentage system used in most hair salons. I would say it would be a good place for a new cosmetologist, just out of school. It would get their haircut speed up and start with the worst place to work. Everything else will be a breeze after that.

I have been going to Great Clips since they came to SC. Always great to good haircut. Went in last week. Person cutting hair smelled bad and it was obvious he smoked heavily - did not wash hands after break. Poor haircut, but I said OK because I couldn't take smoke odor. E-mailed customer service. They wrote back the next day and said they were sorry but it was a franchise and they didn't really care. I've waited a week and of course the franchisee has not made contact. I guess they really didn't care. I'll probably go back when someone I know is working, but Great Clips needs to much better corporate customer service.

I when I sat in the chair I asked if she knew how to do a wedge. She replied she did, I showed her a picture and she said no problem. She had a rude tone. She started hacking away. I asked her if she was going to section off the hair, she said "No, not everyone has to section off the hair." She continued. She said she was done, turned chair around, gave me a mirror and I was so mad. It is the worst cut I ever had. I explained to her how I was a hair stylist in Chicago for many years. She changed her tone and tried to fix it. I told her to stop she was making it worse. I turn around and my son, also had his hair cut, well his hair was all uneven. This great clip is on Palo alto by the Walmart in San Antonio TX.

When you go to Great Clips you never know what you're going to get. Many times I have been and many times I have gotten a bad haircut. They are unreliable and will not listen to your requests but will only cut it the way they see fit. Overall my experience at Great Clips was disappointing and I will not be going there again.

I got a coupon in the mail for a haircut for $6.99. When I called to make an appointment I was told that was a "discount" of $6.99. NOWHERE ON THE COUPON DOES IT INDICATE A DISCOUNT. The coupon states a haircut for $6.99. When I mentioned this to the young lady I was speaking to she did not care and said that the haircut would be $10.99. I hope that their stylist have more integrity than their advertising. I would not go there even if the haircut was free.

While visiting this location the stylist didn't know how to cut hair. I was a Guinea pig and the manager was aware of the girl didn't know what she was doing so the manager would have to recut every Head she destroyed then your hair was too short and not done properly. Then you have to pay full price for letting someone trying to figure out how to do it.

I've had a haircut done once at Great Clips... It wasn't the best but I could work with it. So I thought I try again for the sake of saving some bucks... This time a man hairdresser assured me that he can do texturing, layering etc. He chopped my hair in 3 moves too short and then used a comb to texture which absolutely destroyed my hair structure. My head is still itching and the cut looks hideous one week later. Would not recommend to anyone.

Customers who have cell phones can make an appointment online and even if you have been there as a walk in before them they are taken ahead of you so plan on waiting 30 to 45 minutes just for a 5 minute haircut. Has happen 2 times, not fair should be first come first served. Well you just lost all my business. I will be going somewhere else. Shame on you management for making this rule.

I have been to Great Clips a few times and have had great haircuts and have been treated with courtesy and respect in the past. Today, I entered the Great Clips on University, and there were 2 women hairdressers there speaking Spanish so I asked for the other hairdresser who had cut my hair previously in Spanish. I pointed to where her chair was and they didn't know who I was talking about. I then said she was dark skinned. And with a nasty attitude, the younger of the two, responded in Spanish "Oh, the ** one" but in Spanish the word is "**" which is offensive. They both got upset because I didn't want them to cut my hair especially because of their nasty attitude. I left without saying a word. That was rude, disrespectful and racist in any language. I will return but only when these two Spanish women aren't there.

Going back to my hometown, decided I wanted a hair cut. My hair was down to my waist in length and wanted it cut off and it styled. NEVER EVER AGAIN will I use this Great Clips or any others. They need to shut their door and run with tucked tails. If your workers cant performed to cutting ones hair, they shouldnt ask you what type of cut you would like. I cannot believe what my hairdresser did to my hair. I would like to go in and do her hair, as compensation. I bet she wouldnt like it and surely would and couldnt live with it. My hair looks cute from front... Shocked with the cut in back and all the notches in it. It was supposed to have a taper look to it... WOW!

My barber used the wrong clipper numbers and the result was very very short hair. My hair grows slow and this will take a long time to get back where it should be. She said she was sorry and said I would not have to pay for the damage she did. This will be my last trip to Great Clips. I am a 69 year old man and I don't understand how these girls can be so careless. She didn't seem to be bothered by what she did, but I was. Great Clips will not see me again.

My hair was past my shoulder blades. I had grown it out after a bad haircut long again so I could get it cut and have plenty of hair for any style I chose. I chose a simple above my shoulders, one length, frame my face. I cried for hours after I left. I said I didn't like it and the stylist immediately stopped styling and went straight to the register to ring me out. Charged me full price. Completely butchered my hair. Looks like a 3 year old cut it blindfolded. Worse cut I've ever had in my life!!! I have to cut it even shorter to even it out now!!! I'm still crying days later!!! Never ever go to the Great Clips on Olentangy River Rd to the stylist with short hair. I should have known better when I saw her hair. She didn't care about her own why would she care about anyone else's?! I even said my sister was getting married next weekend and I have to be in it taking pictures with the ugliest haircut I've ever had! Amber is an insult to stylists!

This is the second and last time I ever WASTE my time and money at one of your shady establishments. I don't usually write comments or reviews. One because they always go unheard and two even if they are heard the person that's cashing the checks doesn't do anything about it anyway. Your staff is grossly unequipped to give out men's haircuts. You might as well put on a number 4 and buzz the whole thing. I can see how your business model earns you other people's hard earned money. Set up as many stores as possible, hire ignorant employees quickly with no clue as to what a simple haircut is, then work the masses. You probably figure not everyone will like it but as long as there's asses in the seats I'm making my money. Quality does not exist in places like these. It's just a way to fatten someone's pocket by providing a service and not delivering. No, these comments will not change anything about your shady establishment but I feel better.

Employee does not listen with purpose. Asked for a medium fade and they faded up high like a high and tight. I pointed where to start the fade and they continued to go all the way up. Plus they put a line and didn't actual fade it. Then they got mad when I said there's a line. Didn't clean the hair off and didn't trim. Literally the worst haircut in my entire life - Natrona Heights, PA @ the Highlands Mall.

My kids have been going to Great Clips for a few years. Recently we moved and Great Clips in northfield commons on south blvd, troy is really nearby. I convinced my 83 year old father to go there due to proximity of the location. It was our first time at this location and when my 13 year old walked out started crying. Not only had they cut his hair way too short but very uneven. One side of the head shorter than the other. He wore hat for two weeks until it started to grow out.

My father went today and being 83 he already has very thin hair. The hair dresser shaved his head. When called to complained since the elderly are too embarrassed to do so I was told to have him go back and they would fix it. Fix what??? They had shaved his head. The only guy hair dresser needs to go to school to learn how to cut hair. If you want to save money and walk out embarrassed and wear a hat for a few weeks go to this location!!!

Great Clips Company Profile