1.44/5
Based on 42 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

270 Great Clips Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 19, 2018

I took my daughter to the Great Clips in Parker near Sprouts and the supposed hair stylist named Janie was absolutely horrible! Not only did she repeatedly complain about my daughter having chlorine build up in her hair (but didn’t offer or suggest to wash her hair), she left an obviously long patch of hair at the nape of her neck. When I pointed it out and asked her to trim it evenly, she got very defensive and went on to explain that this is how an undercut should look. So I asked her again if she would trim it a little more even, she refused.

I left and went to the Arapahoe Crossing Great Clips, where the stylist agreed that my daughter's hair was quite uneven in the back and she gladly fixed it with no charge. I had checked in to get my hair cut as well but after Janie’s extremely rude and argumentative behavior, I was not going to let her near my hair! I’ve always heard the expression that the customer is always right and apparently Janie should be in a different field of work or retrained to accept constructive criticism.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I went with my family to have a haircut. First my mom's haircut was horrible. It was uneven, but ok. The lady that was cutting my mom's was pleasant. Then next is my 4 year old son. The same lady that cut my mom's hair, she was pleasant and patient with my son who was sensitive to the sound of scissors. Then halfway, my son was fussing and can't stay still so we were trying to distract him, then this other lady that is working there said, "you guys back off, he is distracted by you."

Then she took over cutting my son's hair, pulled the chair towards her with force seemingly angry. Told the other staff to hold my son's hands. Until my son was crying and don't wanna do it, she took my son off the chair and said that I have to do something with my son's behaviour. My son has some developmental delays and was already scared in the first place, this will not help him and he may be scared to have another haircut in the future. We'll definitely not go back to this salon ever.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 19, 2018

I live close to Marketplace therefore I was using Great Clips located there. I noticed every other haircut was good, and the bad haircuts kept getting worse. The last cut I got was the LAST one I will ever get there. My question is: If the directions for my haircuts are in your computer why can't the so called stylist follow the directions? I am now with a stylist downtown, yes I am paying more but it is well worth it. It is going to take at least 3 more hair cuts to get the mess cleared up! Really, this is uncalled for. I would love to have ALL my money back that I have spent at Great Clips. DO NOT GO THERE if you care about how your hair looks after a haircut. I gave you 1 star because there isn't anything lower.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I stopped coming to Great Clips because the prices have doubled and they still don't wash hair as a standard service. I was in the chair for less than 5 minutes for my haircut, I felt like I was on a production line. I went to a competitor, paid the same price, got my hair washed, conditioned and the stylist took her time and made me feel valued. And I paid the same price as I do at Great Clips but got so much more.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I was at Great Clips on June 6 2018 on Raeford Rd in Fayetteville NC and they told me l had a 20 minute wait. 20 minutes turned into 1 hour. I don't think it's fair that they tell the customers they can schedule appts online but you can't walk in and make appt. That's bad business and they don't come and tell you that others are ahead of you. I would not recommend Great Clips.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Great Clips?

Original review: May 25, 2018

I always go to my haircut at Great Clips and cut my hair from one old ** Guy. He always do good job but he is retired now. Then I had another old ** lady. She cut my hair and it was good. But this time 05/23/2018 Wednesday I always go Wednesday when I sign up on Great Clips website to go at Manassas/Woodbridge, VA location it was telling me to wait for almost 62 Minutes. I went there and looking for that old ** lady but I could not find her. Then one Asian old lady came to me. She said, "No one is coming. Your number is first." I said, "Ok." After that she ask me how to cut my hair. I told her, "Cut my hair from side short and back very short and leave on top around 3 to 4 inch hair so I can comb." She said, "Ok." But so far my knowledge she could not understand English. She start cutting my hair and messed up my hairstyle from back side and top. She cut my hair back side one side short one side big and on top she leave only 1 to 2 inch hair.

I told her, "You messed up my hair." She said, "Then do not pay." Even she did not say sorry or apologize to me. She was so rude and disrespectful. I wanna say something to her but I just quit because it was woman. I wrote email to Great Clips. They said it is franchise. Someone will contact me. Wow this is really unfair service to customer. Company do not wanna take responsibility. Everyone just wanna make money. This World and People going in wrong direction. God bless them.

Original review: May 23, 2018

We have left appropriate reviews for this location. 3298 N Glassford Hill Rd Ste 106, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314. The owner and manager have refused to contact us. I have filed a dispute with my Credit Card. Great Clips has a terrible reputation and boy did they earn it! Response from the owner a week ago, "We're sorry to hear this was your experience, Nancy. If you'd like, please call us at ** or email ** with the details and location so we can best assist you and follow up with you. Thank you."

2nd review. My wife visited this location several weeks ago and the stylist (if you can call her that) was rude and did a terrible job cutting her hair. My wife left an online review for the terrible job and was contacted by Great Clip's customer service (see above). Customer service promised us the local store would reach out to us and they have not. It has been two weeks and we expect a call from someone or we will dispute the charge on our credit card. I called the store today and spoke to ** (absolutely no help) and she refused to share the owner's name or phone number. I asked her to have the manager call but as usual we haven't heard from anyone. Their reviews should be enough to scare anyone away!

Original review: May 18, 2018

So I tried to check in on my phone and that did not work, so I tried to call and was told that it was walk ins only. So I tried to walk in and there was an hour wait because of the online check ins. Way too much trouble to get a haircut, too STRESSFUL, and your system is not working for us.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I have never in my life experienced such a lack in empathy. I was diagnosed with breast CANCER, had surgery last week and today was DENIED service for shampoo. (Pennington, NJ location) Lady stated it was their policy. You must purchase an additional service with shampoo. The price board states differently. Where is the compassion for breast cancer patients? After surgery I couldn’t lift my arms above my head so I needed assistance. Money? No issue. The store's attitude? TERRIBLE.

I left not only with my breast cancer and hanging tubes and drains along my sides, but I also left feeling let down by a woman who made me feel worse than my cancer. I despise this place. They have no compassion for cancer patients which leads me to see they don’t support any causes! I will never return and I have contacted the attorney general's office, Division of Civil Rights and anyone that cares to hear about a cancer patient treated wrong. Shame on you Great Clips. Never again.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I have been taking my grandma there to get her hair washed and when Nathan was there he always greeted us with a smile. But this past Sunday we were immediately made to feel like we weren’t welcome. The lady at the front told us they couldn’t wash her hair because they would be busy due to the sale on haircuts however there was no wait, no cars out front and no one waiting. Then one nice lady agreed to wash her hair and I told the lady I would be back that I had to run to KFC to get my grandma her food and asked if she wanted anything, even said I’d treat her she politely declined.

When I came back the rude lady at the front told me that my grandma couldn’t be left alone... what the heck?!?! She was sitting quietly not bothering anyone and I had only been gone 20 mins and the lady said she was waiting 30... how? Didn’t it take more than 5 mins to wash and dry her hair?? She was so rude that I told her we wouldn’t be back. If you are elderly do not go here. They made it very clear the elderly aren’t wanted... you can feel the tension when you walk in, it’s like everyone walks on eggshells due to the one big lady who so rudely controls the environment. Absolutely Horrible!!!!

Original review: April 22, 2018

Cathie is an excellent beautician! She listens to what the customer wants and the end result will keep me coming back for a haircut! Thank You! Great Hair Cut by Cathie at the Sorrento, Fl. Great Clips!

Original review: April 22, 2018

I have been cut my hair and my kids in GC but last time they cut my hair in a bad way. They have in their record from years that I keep my hair over my side, but this visit was very bad because read the comment and then cut it in wrong way, she had difficulty to speak and listen and has no voice. Even they offer free but never again, even she never give me a receipt. The place is Frankfort East, KY 40601.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I took my daughter to get a haircut at Great Clips (Shopper Plaza, Gibsonia, PA) today. She wanted about 3 inches cut off. We sat in MaryAnne's chair and explained and showed her what we wanted. I even stayed to watch her make the first cut (about an inch below the chin). I then went and sat down, trusting that the haircut would be as explained. I was wrong. When I went to check in on my daughter I saw that her hair was now cut up to her lips. And to make matters worse, it was very choppy. My daughter was in tears. When I questioned her about the length, she said it was "shrinkage". That is just a lie. I know my daughter's straight hair, and it does not shrink 2.5 inches.

I then questioned why it was so choppy. MaryAnne said that she would fix that, but also said that in order to fix it, her hair would be even shorter. Another hair stylist stepped in when she saw how upset my daughter and I were and fixed her hair as best as she could. We were not charge (and believe me, I wouldn't have paid anyways). I was also offered a gift certificate, but I turned it down because we will NEVER be back. The woman who fixed my daughter's hair said that MaryAnne messes up quite often. If MaryAnne wasn't comfortable cutting girls' hair, then she should tell people. I would have gladly waited for another stylist. This woman should not be cutting anyone's hair. I've never seen my daughter so upset before and I don't blame her. Instead of getting 3 inches cut off, she had close to 6. I will never be back and I will also share my experience on other website and tell friends of mine to never return to a Great Clips.

Original review: April 5, 2018

So happy with my haircut today at the Great Clips on Warwick Road in Middletown, DE. Everyone at the salon is professional and very friendly!!! Mandy cut my hair today and it is beautiful! I'm so happy with it. So glad I met Mandy and she is such a FANTASTIC hairdresser, with a friendly, caring personality!!! I hope she never moves out of Delaware. Will always go back to her. ; )

Original review: April 5, 2018

I went to the Great Clips on S.Queen St in York Pa, did the online check-in all was good. 2nd person there, the girl asked me how I want my hair cut. I told her short and layered. She starts and says, "Oh you only want 3 inches cut off and trimmed." I'm like, "No. I told you short." A few minutes later she asked me if that's short enough. I said, "No. I want it at the nape of the neck and short, layered." 3 more times I had to tell her. She kept making my hair went, she goes, "Ok. I'm done." I said, "No. It's not what I want," so she plays a bit more. Finally in frustration I said, "It's fine." When I got home my hair was finally dry and a mess. I had bobs missing everywhere in the back. My bf took a pic it was horrible, wasn't even short like I asked. I was so upset and embarrassed. I work as a cashier I wasn't about to go to work this way.

I called them, manager says, "Come back. I'll fix it." I get there she proceeds to tell me the girl cut my hair the way I requested. I said, "No she didn't." "Well I don't understand how you want it cut." I was getting more upset. I said, "See the lady sitting waiting? I want it like hers." "Ok. But your file says a bob cut, and you had your last haircut in Etters Pa." I'm like, "I never in my life had a bob cut and I live in York Pa 5 minutes from your shop. I never go to Etters to start with. Why would I go there for a haircut?" She's like, "Well that's what my files say..." I was like, "Ok whatever. Just fix this mess." She did recut it and looks some better but not the way I wanted it but better than before... Needless to say I will never go back there again.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Took my son to the Ajax Great Clips. The lady who cut his hair did a terrible job, it seems like she was learning. He asked for a 3 on sides and scissors on top to have it longer, he is 15 years old... But this girl did a 3 on all and totally ruined his hair. It looks like an "army" style. I will never come back. Employees shouldn't "practice" on customers. So disappointed. Store manager didn't charge us for the cut and apologized for what happened.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Very rude. Unprofessional. Unfriendly. No experience. Not a place for anybody to come and get a haircut. Very rude environment. They say welcome in the beginning and then they don’t talk. I went to the one in 2830 Osceola Parkway Kissimmee fl 34743. Worst service ever.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Took my 7 year old there for a haircut. Told the girl leave the back just clean up the top and sides. She started in the back and not only cut what we didn’t want cut but also it was uneven. A few minutes into the haircut she finds a flea on my son and tells me she can’t proceed and I would have to take my son and leave. I could come back when I remedied the situation. What situation??!! One flea is a situation? A flea that very well could have jumped on him at their salon! And what should I do to remedy it, take him home for a flea bath?! I called 3 other salons who all agreed it was ridiculous and unprofessional. Never go there again!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My 13 year old son is so upset right now because he went for a haircut at Great Clips located at Fox Creek Plaza in Oakville and the short Asian woman cut the top of his hair short when I specifically asked her to cut it the exact length of the model in the photo by the entrance door which is approximately 3 inches. He wanted the side short and top longer to show off his beautiful curls. They are truly not professionals, and one other woman with a large build and blonde hair who also works there had the nerve to say my son's hair is actually longer than the photo because they are professionals and know what they are doing. The nerve! They are truly not professionals. They obviously can't take simple orders and cut hair the same length as a photo. Truly disappointed, my son has been growing his hair for a while, and now it's back to being short.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I went there and asked for a simple trim and they gave me a bowl cut and it doesn’t stop there. Multiple of my friends have went there and have a absolutely terrible experience. Everyone I know that’s went there has not got what they wanted. They should either shut down or get better barbers.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Okay long story short I had gotten my haircut at Great Clips in Dr. Phillips in Orlando and I usually get my haircut there for the last eleven years. And when I got my haircut there this year in 2018 the stylists who cut my hair said he would have to charge four to five dollars just for a simple rinse when I have never been asked to pay a few extra dollars just for a basic rinse as Great Clips has never asked me that. And now that they did it's like why should I pay extra money for a rinse if I'm already paying for a haircut that cost me roughly $15 bucks.

So now I will no longer be going back to Great Clips until they can stop charging customers an arm and a leg just for a water rinse as I always tend to get a rinse right after my haircut so I have decided to take my Business elsewhere as in The meantime I hope Great Clips gets shut down!!! Because it's just really absurd how they expect the customer to pay up for a rinse yet I could understand if it was a Luxurious shampoo Massage but a rinse. It never said that on the Price Board in the salon so someone is lying within the salon about these extra prices out of nowhere. It's just crazy and stupid at the same time.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I am a male customer. I provided a photo of myself of the style haircut I wanted. My hair was long in the back and I wanted to keep it long, but trimmed. The young lady said she could not cut it the way I wanted and proceeded to cut it in the way she wanted. The results was an uneven haircut with wild strand of hair in the back. Her "barbering" took no more than four minutes. I was so displeased after realizing she was not a skilled barber, I wasted no time in leaving the place. I have been cutting my own hair for years to avoid such an experience. I will now continue the practice.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Same everywhere but in particular today (12/13/17) I was at Great Clips at 530 E Hunt Hwy San Tan Valley, AZ 85143 and was the third person in line 10 minutes before open. Aside of the mother and two kids who blatantly cut in front of me (not Great Clip's fault) I was the 12th person to get a haircut when I should have been the 5th at worst taking into account the cutting mom. Taking into account the online checkins that were on the screen when I got to the counter (it was fun watching them just pop in line in front of you while you waited there) I should have been 6th. I had a flight at 11:30 that I barely made because of this and it wasn't just online checkins. They took other people from in the line before me as well. This needs to get fixed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I was at Great Clips at (3348 Hikes Ln Louisville Ky, 40220) on Saturday, December 2 at 4:35pm and I come in check at desk with lady and she tell me it will be just few minutes. I am thinking how lucky I am to have this done quick and be out...10 minutes later stylist come out and tell me, “Sorry ma'am but we are not taking any customers today anymore”. I said, “Why you are open till 6pm and when I check in she did not tell me anything about it”. She said, “Yes we are open till 6 but today we have decide to close at 5” (no note on door saying about early closing also) so she open the door for me and tell me like, “Go down the street to our second location. They are open till 6. They might be able to help you”...

I am now already upset but they are on my way home so I stop by at (4610 S Hurstbourne Pkwy Louisville, Ky 40299) and yes they work till 6 but lady who is checking in said they can't fit me. They have lot people in front me and I look monitor in front and see just 3 names on list and I ask, “I see just 3 people on list”. She said, “Yes but she is leaving and other stylist left and just no time for more”. Still door is open I see some people still went in but my service was refused on 2 location at same day. I take my kids for while at Hikes location and I have my both kids haircuts done just last Thursday on November 30 and I have been satisfied with their work on my kids especially for my son...but after this I will not go back although it doesn't looks like they care at all.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Freedom Pkwy, Cumming, GA - I had a wonderful experience today at Great Clips! I got the check-in app for my phone and checked in when I left my house. When I arrived, I was greeted by name and asked to wait for a few minutes while the next stylist in line was finishing with a client. I was so excited it was going to be Wes! I've had Wes a couple of times before and was always been delighted with his work. I should add I always asked for a different style than the one I was currently sporting. He is very knowledgeable with his craft, helpful, and friendly. Everyone at this location is friendly, and I will continue to bring my business here.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

WTF. Why they ask me what type of haircut and how long I want on the top using numbers and how much I want left. It's so damn confusing!! Now stop. I should have to show you a picture example. You're grown adults.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

So I arrive at 9:10: unable to register online, there is a line up already, not so bad only 3 people ahead of me, but then walks in a preregistered, and then the 2 hairdressers stop every 5 minutes to register clients coming in and conversing with them at cash... while you're waiting. Then when you finally get in the chair, your time is interrupted x 5 every time your hairdresser addresses the next walk in. Then the hairdressers all chatting at the desk trying to troubleshoot the system, all the long I’m sitting... waiting... When I say to hairdresser, "You guys need a receptionist" she says to me “there no money for that, at 4.99 a haircut people who come are coupon hunters”: and won’t be back when coupons are over in January... So much for retention. I think I’d rather pay more, have an actual time, and a professional.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I could tell from the time I entered the salon the two employees were very new staffers. They were so busy talking with each other that I had to interrupt them to get service. I was the only customer there. They continued to talk to each other the whole time I was there. All they did was complain about everything I.e. other Great Clips stores they previously worked at, former colleagues etc. etc. The list goes on and on. My stylist Ernest never said a word to me. All he did was complain about everything and anything. E.g. His own accidents from clumsiness at a newly opened up gym.

I was extremely uncomfortable there. I was literally wanting to walk out. Ernest was removing my cape and collar when I asked him to trim my eyebrows, his very quick response was "I'm not done yet." Very rude. Never asked if I wanted gel etc. I've been going to Great Clips for many years at many different locations and never had an issue. This Ernest needs to learn manners, etiquette and to certainly not badmouthing his employer in front of customers or anyone for that matter.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I am very disappointed with Great Clips service at the above location, I went there with my son to cut our services, the hair cutter name Karen **, were very prejudiced I felt that she discriminated me, also she cut my hair and when my son time came who was waiting for more than 30 minutes, then there was another girl was working and she did not took my son, and he was waiting for already too long time, as soon as Karen cut my hair, the another lady came and she took her before my son who was waiting for his hair way before that lady came, and said to my son, "You have to wait for the cut for more than 30 minutes more". I left the store without cutting my son's hair and went to another location when they cut his hair in seconds. This is very bad service and if it is not get noticed I will post this incident in bad review, and report to BBB.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I went to Great Clips because I just moved here and didn't know where to go. BIG MISTAKE I walked in with 3 layers (medium length) and wanted it shortened up, same style. Walked out with so many layers I can't count them all. The back looks like a rug that someone took a pair of scissors to and cut a chunk out. Horrible. I can't wait till it grows out and I can get a real haircut. DON'T waste time or money here. I am so disappointed and mad at the same time!!! I will warn everyone to stay away, should not even get 1 star!

Great Clips Company Information