WEN by Chaz Dean

Foothill Ranch, CA

Compare Miscellaneous Companies

Research top Miscellaneous Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I started using WEN many years ago and suffered tremendously with hair loss and scalp irritation. Back then, WEN had infomercials on TV constantly with celebrities advertising and recommending their product. I was sold on the idea of only using one miracle product for my hair. I thought that if I continued to use the product, my hair too would look amazing like they advertised. I was so wrong and in complete denial at the time. My hair started falling out in clumps and my scalp was red, itchy and bumpy. After discontinuing WEN, I have only had slight improvement in my scalp but the damage was done to my hair. It is extremely thin, brittle and very little short fine hair has grown out in places where I had experienced bald patches.

It is truly depressing as a woman to experience this as I don't feel as feminine. I am constantly purchasing hair extensions, wigs and hair products to mask the effects of the damage done to my hair. I only recently found out about the Class Action Lawsuit and sad to see that so many other women have gone through the same horrible ordeal that I went through. I urge everyone out there who is using the product to stop immediately and seek a doctor for treatment before it's too late.

WEN by Chaz Dean has a class action lawsuit against them. They refuse to release their "Hair Product Safety Inspection Reports". No surprise there. I am also reading possible use of "Formaldehyde" and "Lead" in this product... Consumers have a right to know what that Safety Inspection Reports says. My hair was incredible thick and curly. I am still losing hair today from it and my scalp still hurts. My hair is now have thickness it use to be, plus brittle, no curl, thinned, and my hairline looks receded. At one point I had really thinned areas that came close to looking bald. I now only wash my hair maybe twice a month, have not had a hair cut in years. PLUS: WEN stole money from me by ILLEGALLY putting me on a renewal and took money from my account. All You Women Need To File A Tier 2 Complaint Form For The Class Action Law Suit. See my picture: That's what I lose in a day... Every time I brush my hair or shampoo my hair because of WEN.

I have heard both sides of this story. My aunt sent me a bottle of WEN and I decided to try it regardless of the bad press. I was hoping to be one of the few that it worked for. I was not. While my hair didn't fall out to the extreme that some of the reviews have stated, I noticed after 6 uses that my hair was falling out more than normal. I do not have any medical conditions nor did I use it wrong. I actually used it 2x per week as recommended and rinsed thoroughly. In fact the process annoyed me initially because it took so long but the pamphlet says to rinse and rinse again so I did. During the 5th rinse I noticed a huge amount of hair in my hands.

Wanting to be sure it was WEN and not something else, the next time I used it, I brushed my hair thoroughly before getting in the shower. I applied the recommended amount and smoothed it through as per the instructions. As I was smoothing it through, hair was coming out, something that had never happened before. So I rinsed and again a large amount of hair was rinsed out as well. I stopped using it immediately and have not looked back. I checked the website and there were no warnings that I could see and when I phoned their offices the very nice lady just recommended a different scented product. Um no. I understand that it may work for some people but clearly it isn't working for the vast majority. Might be time to change the formulation of this product??

I just received a notice about the Class Action Lawsuit in the mail against WEN for hair loss and other skin related problems in users and suddenly the lights went on for me. You see, two years ago I went through an episode of hair loss so tremendous that I consulted two doctors about what I should do. It never even dawned on me that my hair loss could be related to the WEN products I had started using a few months prior to hair loss starting. And not a single doctor or hair stylist suspected it either. I was so worried I had my thyroid tested. I started gobbling down biotin and other vitamins to help. Nothing worked. I worried I would soon go bald.

Instead I quit using the products on my own. After several months of using WEN products I finally decided I wasn't that crazy about them--my hair never felt clean and it made me have too much volume. (Thinning hair but too much volume... bad combination.) When I called to cancel my subscription I had to lie to finally get them to release me from those expensive bi-monthly shipments. (I told them my husband was angry with me for spending so much on beauty products.) Too bad I didn't do it sooner.

Since that time (one and half years ago) my hair loss has slowed to the normal level and I think my hair has started to fill in, though not to the level it was before using WEN products. Then a few months ago I decided I wanted to use up the WEN moisturizer I still had around. I always liked that product best. Once again I didn't put two and two together. Within days of starting to reuse that product I started losing my hair again. When I stopped, so did the hair loss. Egads, what kind of strong stuff do they have in their products. I will now throw all of it away and not subject another person to potential problems with it. You know that old adage, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is" applies to WEN. The infomercial makes the products sounds like miracle products for the hair. Instead they are a nightmare for the hair. Don't buy and don't use.

I began using WEN products in 2014. Initially, I was pleased but gradually noticed my very thick blonde hair began to substantially thin. Prior to using Wen, my stylist had to thin my hair. Presently I have limp and very thin hair. I run my fingers through my hair and often fistfuls of hair fall out. I'm very concerned and will consult a dermatologist.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about WEN by Chez Dean?

I started using WEN in 2009 to manage my once super thick and curly hair, which now has become super thin, tangled and all over the place hair. I really loved the compliments getting on my hair. But one year after I stopped the use of the product I could not, for could not afford to price, I noticed that my hair was getting thin and tangled, but never did I imagine that it was due to the use of this product, until this week that I receive an email notifying me the hair loss claims due to the use of this product. My hair is all over the place. It is so bad that I cannot run my hand through it. Patches appeared all over my scalp and I ran to the dermatologist. She asked me to stop all the products currently using at that time and stick to the prescribed products only. I have seen more than 4 different dermatologist in USA and even outside of the states, but nothing seem to help; the damage has been done.

Even when I stopped the use of the product years ago, my hair still falling and the strands are weak. The damages seem to be done deep to the scalp. I researched its ingredients; some of them are linked to hair thinness such as methylene glycol, quarternium-15, diazolidinyl urea. I finally know the product that destroyed my hair. All of it is true. Please stop its use. It may not be too late for you. In my case, I stopped using WEN product way too late, for after years of stopping the use of it, my hair still falling out. I've to wear my hair up in a ponytail to keep it from getting over everything I get close to and because it is the only way it looks good. Very depressing. I hope someone comes up with a remedy for the doctors cannot.

I've been using WEN for yrs now. I really liked it and my hair seem to look good, last January I went to have my haircut and they had to thin my hair. It was so thick. I'm not sure what they changed in WEN but my hair is falling out in fistfuls now. Everywhere I look there is my hair. It's awful. I now brush it over the trash bin so I don't have to vacuum so much hair up. I stopped using the WEN a few months ago but it is still falling out. I have bald spots underneath my hair. My once thick soft hair has become thin soft hair and it's all over the place. It drives me nuts, I wear a net to cook because I don't want hair in the food and I've been putting it in a ponytail to keep it from getting all over everything. I know this sounds dramatized but all of it is true. I could fill a bag up with my hair in a few days. It's that bad. What do I do now Chaz? If anyone has any recommendations let me know. I'm looking into Keranique. I hope it's not too late.

I bought WEN from the TV informational. I was happy with the shampoo/conditioner as it seemed to make my thick/curly hair smoother and soft. I can't be sure when I first noticed it, but I noticed my hair had lost its body. I always had so much body/thickness that beauticians were always surprised. First lost body then the hair SLOWLY began to thin out. And I mean THIN. It lays on my head w/ no body. I had trouble setting it w/ electric rollers. It did not know how to curl. This was new to me as I was not used to my hair not working. After several years...(my dog died during this time, and I thought it might have affected my hair) but then I realized that this was a HUGE PROBLEM.

I asked my doctor to help me find an endocrinologist. I just bought ** for Women last week. I have yet to use it. Then I saw a tweet on Twitter that mentioned hair loss related to WEN. I was in shock. I had just used the product the day before I saw the tweet. WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO NOW. Will my hair grow back. I am scared/upset and truly angry about this hair loss. I'd like to see all of the Hollywood Stars who were in the commercials??? Did they lose their hair. Where can I find answers.

I am disgusted that people are jumping on the bandwagon saying that this product is harmful and causes hair loss! I purchase my WEN through QVC on Easy Pay. I started using WEN six years ago DUE TO HAIR LOSS! I have Thyroid problems which causes dry, brittle nails and hair. My hair was saved by WEN! I cannot afford WEN all the time, so I use a regular national brand to combat the effects on my budget, but when it seems that my hair is getting bad- dry, brittle and falling out, I go strictly to WEN for a period of 2-3 months and have beautiful hair because of it!

Maybe these people having problems with their hair falling out need to see a naturalist or holistic doctor who believes in new standards for Thyroid testing (as most regular doctors do not!) and get their thyroid checked by a professional who cares about the whole person and not the drug companies who push their synthetic garbage on uneducated patients who never get better! Sounds like people need to wake up and stop being herded like SHEEP!

I began using Wen and noticed that my hair was thinning. After a time I developed bald spots in areas that were itchy and blistering. I received a series of treatments from my dermatologist and hair regrowth was poor. Once Wen was stopped the hair regrew in one area but the other area remains elusive.

I first began using the WEN products after seeing a commercial on TV as well. I have naturally thick, black, and long hair. I used the almond mint conditional cleanser and I was devastated when I discovered that I had irreparable hair loss. The worst part was the whole time I thought WEN was helping me but it wasn't. It was making me worse when I stopped using it, and then after I started it would make things worse. I'm left with thinning hair that has added years to my face. I look older than before my use of the WEN products. I'm not able to wear certain hairstyles and my ponytail looks as if it has about 5 strands of hair. It's been two years and I haven't recovered any of my hair loss. I have contacted the FDA, and have complained to Sephora and the FB for WEN as well.

I purchased the WEN set from the infomercial and received for a couple months before purchasing online or in stores. A lady I worked with said she and her daughter started using it and loved it and said their hair was softer and easier to manage than ever. My (then 15-year old) daughter and I started using. She is now 19 and has been complaining for a couple of years that her hair is getting so thin and has actually asked for Bosley.

I bought her different brands of biotin and she has tried castor oil hair treatments as well as other different hair repair treatments, but it continues to thin. She is very healthy and had beautiful hair. She is still beautiful but I do notice how much thinner her hair is. I had noticed handfuls of hair in the shower after I used WEN but attributed it to my age and my stress level. Over the past year my hair has become about half as thick as it was and every time I look in the mirror I think my hairline at my forehead is just pitiful. I've always had long, healthy, wavy hair. My husband would run his hands through it and ask how I had such pretty hair. He hasn't don't that in a year.

If you try running your hand through it you pull out a wad of dry hair that tangles. If it was just me I wouldn't even consider attributing my thinning hair to WEN, but when my beautiful daughter is suffering the same, I have to consider WEN is the culprit. I don't buy cheap products, but even Caviar and Kenra haven't helped our hair situation.

I started using Wen products exclusively over 4 years ago. I loved it! I gave it as gifts. I recommended it. I even took it with me to my hair stylist and insisted she use it instead of any other product she had in her salon because my thick beautiful hair was falling out and fragile and I wanted only the best products to be used on my "thinning" hair!! Was I wrong? I now believe I was! I had no idea about the class action lawsuit until today when I received an e-mail about it. I am so sad because I have lost over 60% of my hair and I have been blaming it on age and thyroid even though my blood tests were negative and I'm in my early 50's.

Over the past 3 years I have tried so many things to stop my hair loss and the Dr.s are out of ideas. I have lots of product left and I just used it a few hours ago but I am never going to use Wen again after reading several pages of consumer reviews just like mine. I miss my hair so much. I hope it will grow back now that I have stopped using Wen.

We purchased the WEN product set after seeing the infomercial thinking it looked like a great product. We bought it in January 2016. I noticed in March my hair was thinning dramatically. Instead of relating it to the new product I had introduced I thought it was maybe a result of the testosterone therapy I had been on for the last 38 months with no side effects. So I / we of course didn't stop using the WEN product, instead I bought biotin supplements and organic hair re growth shampoo which slowed the problem but did not stop it. I also color my partner's hair for her and had been telling her it looked like her hair was thinning and that she should try the organic shampoo I was using...

At one point during all this from Jan - Nov I thought a couple of times that maybe it could be this new nourishing mousse I was using DAILY to style my hair. Nah that can't be it. Then on 11/25 I got the email that informed of the lawsuit and about what this stuff has been doing to people's hair. I immediately stopped using this product and I am continuing my biotin and silk protein conditioner which is helping with my regrowth. Same goes for my partner. Sigh...

I started using WEN maybe 4 years ago. At first I loved it. I noticed my hands full of hair while rinsing out, unfortunately I didn't attribute it to WEN. How could it possibly be this product. My husband started telling me how thin my hair was getting. I stopped using it, and cancelled future orders. Far too late! My hair is very thin now, and feels like straw. Thanks Chaz Dean for ruining my once beautiful hair! I am so embarrassed about my hair, I hate to leave the house. I don't know if my hair will ever be soft and full again. Very depressing. I would never use that product again!

I started using WEN about 5 years ago. At first it made my hair very soft and easy to manage. I was sure that I had found a gem. After about 6 months, my healthy, thick hair became very thin. My scalp began to form small blister like sore. I didn't relate it to the WEN until about three months later. I discontinued using WEN products. After about 14 1/2 months, my hair started to thicken and the blistery sore were complete gone.

I first began using the Wen products after seeing a commercial on TV over and over again of Holly Robison Peete saying how wonderful the product worked on her hair. She had hair like mine. She sometimes wore it curly, but she would also wear her hair straight. I've always had hair that people would compliment me on because it was soft and full. So I was devastated when I discovered that I had ill repairable hair loss. I didn't realize why my hair seemed so thin, but when seeing my hairstylist, she told me "Whatever you're using on your hair, STOP!" She rubbed portions of my scalp and said that I had a lot of thinning and a huge bald spot. I was extremely upset.

I had been working on wearing my hair natural, so I wasn't putting heat on my hair and I thought that the Wen products were totally safe for keeping my hair moisturized. I was wrong. I'm left with thinning hair that has added years to my face. I look older than before my use of the Wen products. I'm not able to wear certain hairstyles and my ponytail looks as if it has about 20 strands of hair. It's been two years and I haven't recovered any of my hair loss. I did seek medical attention, taking shots to my scalp to repair the hair loss. To date, there has been no change.

I purchased the Wen product line directly from the website. After using it for just a few weeks my hair changed drastically from full and thick to alarmingly thin. My stylist urged me to stop using it the first time she saw how thin my hair had suddenly gotten and noticing scans on my scalp (I hadn't even noticed that). She gave me samples of Nixon to try to repair the damage but it took over two years for the volume to return to normal after stopping use. Then last week I ran out of shampoo for my dog who needed a bath. I had a partially full bottle of Wen left so I used that. What a dummy! The next day as I was petting him I noticed large bumps covering his back and his stomach. I can't confirm that it was caused by the Wen product but it seems an unlikely coincidence. I have friends who absolutely love the Wen line of hair care, but it has been nothing but a nightmare for this household!

My husband and I started using Wen hair products about 5 years ago. We both have always had good, strong, thick hair. Till 2016. We both all of a sudden started getting thinning of our hair. This year has been a very bad time for us. We were on auto delivery with QVC for a long time, got the Wen kits and just thought it was the best. What a big mistake. It has really taken a big toll on my self esteem to say the least. My hair is no longer pretty and one side is way shorter than the other from also breakage. I don't go anywhere unless I have to.

I cry and feel sick inside all the time that I listened to all the so called great things about this product. These people like me are for real and it is horrible to go through. Just want my hair back so I can feel good about myself once again. Pay attention to these people. It is no joke and it can happen when you least expect it. When April came this year my hair was gone by June. Don't use this product. I have been with QVC for (years) and am still surprised that they sell this product. Again if anyone sees this please pay attention. It is soooo for real...

While using this product it does make your hair soft. However, my hair is been falling out in clumps. I have been using this product for about two or three years. My hair loss has now become so visible and apparent it can be seen in the mirror as I do my make up. This is extremely horrifying and embarrassing. Will my hair grow back? I have always been that woman in every situation where people grab my hair and say "Oh my gosh your hair is so beautiful, thick and curly."

I have been using Wen for over a year, but lately I notice my hair in my hands when I use it, and my scalp is icky. My hair is dry and looks like hay... I was only washing my hair about 2x a week so I guess it took longer for me to notice the issue. I'm looking to use a new product... but unfortunately I have to get my long hair cut because it looks so horrible. I haven't used any other product other than Wen so it must be the problem right? I'm so upset I wanted beautiful hair like the commercial promised...

I have used WEN regularly for probably 20 years and I love it. I feel horrible for what some have gone through but I have not had any problems and my hairdresser says my hair is very healthy and she sees no reason not to continue with it. I even gave her some to try and she loves it. I have always had really thin dry hair though and I only need to wash it once or twice per week. After "cleansing" twice and rinsing that out, I put a small amount of the hydrating hair mask in while I shower and then rinse it out. Then I combine small amounts of the Cleansing Creme, anti-frizz styling Creme and the hydrating mask and massage in and leave that in.

I have tried different stuff through the years but always go back to WEN. I have even started taking it with me when I get my hair done because I was always coming home and using it afterward because I hated how my hair felt with the salon product (which I used to love). I have tried the WEN six-thirteen product and love it too. I regularly get compliments on my hair - I have no complaints and love it.

I bought the set of almond shampoo, conditioner and something else. Thought it would help my hair. But it caused my hair to start falling out and my hair has been falling out ever since. It also made my scalp itch. It must been over a year ago when I ordered it and started using it. They did cancel my order for me. I am from Dudley, mo.

I have been using Wen for about 2 yrs now and I love it!! My hair was thin and brittle, curly and dry. It would never grow past my shoulders. Now it's down past the middle of my back, thicker, soft and moisturized. I don't use all the products only the cleansing conditioner, 6/13 and the gel. What I have noticed is when people I've recommended it to, they don't read the directions. Do NOT rub into your scalp! It's not like the cheap shampoos, it's not made for the scalp. I put it in my hair and stroke it through. I rub my scalp as I rinse it away. My husband has thick long curly hair and he started using it about 3 months ago and he's addicted now. I guess it's each person's reaction, just like anything else you may use. Other shampoos never helped my hair. Thank goodness for Wen!

I having been using Wen products for over two years (2013). When I saw my hair coming out I thought because of not combing everyday. Later I ask my daughter about my hair thinning and she said yes but she saw it in the bathroom. I have lost big globs of hair as I comb my hair. I stop using it now for six months and I'm not losing my hair as much now. I will never use Wen again. It is taking out my hair and I come from a family with thick and long full heads of hair.

I have been using WEN hair products for roughly 15 years now. I keep my hair very long so I needed a hair product that worked for me. I use the sweet almond hair product. It has been a saving grace for me. My hair is more manageable, soft and surprisingly holds its color while all my friends around me have gone gray long ago. I will never stop using WEN. I am just sad that other people have not found the same joy I have found with this product. I guess not all products work for everyone.

I was using Wen for a little over a year now and I liked the product because it made my hair clean. But lately about 4 months ago I noticed my hair getting scarce on my head and I was wondering what's going wrong. I never used any other product or other shampoo on my head. I frequently ask myself why is my hair dropping until I did research on the product and saw all the negative reviews about the same problem I'm having and all the different lawsuits. I have another full bottle which I would never use again because it's making my hair fall out.

I ordered the WEN care for myself and my sister. Instantly my scalp began to itch and within days my scalp was peeling. I'm not talking about flaking, like dandruff, that I have never had by the way. I'm talking huge chunks of skin peeling from my scalp. My husband, normally oblivious to things of that nature, even commented about the huge chunks of my scalp he found in his fingers when touching my hair. I originally thought it had to be a coincidence of some sort since I'd just had my hair done so I stopped using WEN for a week. After that the first time I used WEN again huge chunks of my scalp were peeling off. It was disgusting. After stopping I have never had any problems with my hair, color or scalp. But I spent over 300 dollars on the products cause I believed their bs infomercials. I would NOT buy this product ever.

I got Wen hair products as a gift, sadly for me it was a nightmare. I used it for only three weeks before my shower floor was filled with hair! I couldn't figure out what was happening. The product was created and sold by a famous hairdresser and it was still on the market with no warnings or alerts. Then my daughter told me she had heard about others who had the same results, so I started looking for information. I found that THOUSANDS of other women had similar results. Now what do I do? I had healthy, shiny hair, now thin and dry. Rogaine is not the answer. Someone help me. Tell other women so they don't lose their hair also.

DON'T SIGN UP!! My thick hair is now thin… And to top it off, they won't cancel my order!! I just spent 25 minutes on the phone trying to get them to credit me for product they never even sent! I cancelled in JULY, then they charged me AGAIN in JULY, OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER!!! Crooked Company.

WEN by Chaz Dean Company Profile