VIPRE Security

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Vipre is one of the best anti virus products I have ever used. I hardly ever notice it's running. It takes very little Resources to run it much less than McAfee or Norton. Updates are pretty constant. They might not catch everything but it catches a lot more than anything else I've used.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am running Win 7 and needed to download and install a windows patch to activate all the functions of the latest Vipre Software. Now my computer runs slower than before. Not too happy about this issue. If I would have known that I would have to install other software just to make this one work I would not have done so.

I would like to be able to monitor what is being scanned like Norton displays as it scans. I would like to be able to set the computer to turn off at the end of the scan (like Norton). I am not sure it is monitoring every potential threat.

I have had Vipre ever since I did a beta test many years ago. I have never had a serious problem with intrusions, Vipre has caught them all. There was one very suspicious email that I called about and the tech walked me through safely disposing of it! I would highly recommend Vipre to anyone.

In my phone there are 238 files and 311 Apps. When Vipre Mobile makes full scan in my phone the results are only between 228 to 289 files and Apps together, why? According to Google Apps download the Vipre Mobile requires to read my sms messages, why?

I purchased new subscription, tried to install it, would not install per the directions. Contacted VIPRE on the phone was put on hold for half an hour before anyone responded. They resent the direction, tried to install again, the software kept getting stuck. Then the product code expired, sent them an email. No one responded to the e-mail, not sure if they opened a ticket or not. Currently in limbo, not knowing if the software works or not. Don't have the time or patience to stay on hold for extended time. Horrible customer service and product support.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VIPRE Security?

VIPRE Security Company Profile