3.95/5
  • 1 star
Based on 19 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

VIPRE Security is an antivirus software company that provides the ultimate protection against malware and ransomware. Their products safeguard personal data and business networks from dangerous threats on PCS, Macs and other devices. VIPRE is easy to install, has a simple interface and is one of the world’s leading authorities on antivirus testing.

ABBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 3, 2017

19 VIPRE Security Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I have had all the well known brands of anti-virus software for years at a time. All of them--including at least 1-2 of the best known free ones. ALL OF THEM EVENTUALLY CAUSED DISASTERS with my desktop computers. VIPRE has NEVER caused such problems And, I've NEVER had a malware problem since using VIPRE--now for more than 12 years IIRC. I have referred countless friends, loved ones and associates to get VIPRE. None of them have ever felt bad about doing so. I liked the option that seems to have been phased out to buy the VIPRE service for the lifetime of a desktop computer. I want to find out if it is available for my iPhone 7. IMHO, VIPRE and ghostery.com are super ways to use the net. I pray that all the staff at VIPRE have a blessed CHRISTmas and a great new year. They put out and service in friendly quality ways a top flight AV software. I think it's simply the very best.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Customer service is local and it's working fine for me. Haven't had any problems with the product since I purchase the product 3 yrs ago. I am happy cause it taken care of my computer viruses and malware quite well. I'm very pleased.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Good company. Have used them for two years and no problems. Easy to use and understand. We have’t had any issues. We have used others and had bad luck.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I LOVE VIPRE ANTIVIRUS!! It has performed a million times better than the McAfee program that I used to use! I HIGHLY recommend VIPRE. I purchased it on HSN and It is good for years and for use on many of my electronics.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Have used Vipre with lifetime license on two different laptops. It has been 100% secure. Zero license renewal fees make it worth the one time purchase cost of $100 easily.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VIPRE Security?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I had the lifetime subscription of Vipre on my last computer and it was fantastic. I was hooked on Windows 7 and resisted the change to Windows 10 as long as I could. My 9-year-old computer finally died and had to get a new one and it came with Windows 10. There seems to be an incompatibility issue however with my Vipre subscription running with Windows 10. Maybe after my current antivirus subscription expires, I'll attempt to go back to Vipre with the hopes that the incompatibility issues will have been ironed out by then.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Immediately after installing the software for VIPRE, I had issues opening anything in Foxfire and Internet Explorer. The issues were so bad that I had to uninstall the program before I could use my computer to access the internet. I have never been more dissatisfied with any program I have ever used. At this point, if asked, I will advise anyone to NOT use VIPRE!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I received a message that there was an update for Vipre and the software would not let me out until I selected to update. I selected to update and my laptop crashed. This happened on a Friday night but couldn't get support until Monday morning. The tech I spoke with told me there was problem with my internet and sent me a file so he could remote into my PC. I couldn't see the emails he sent and he said he couldn't help me without accessing my laptop. So I went to my Windows store and they said something got corrupted with the Vipre update. They had my laptop for 2 days, cleaning, and restoring it. I also had them remove Vipre and I requested and received a refund.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

My previous place of employment introduced me to VIPRE. They networked over two hundred computers and had no problems once VIPRE was installed. I chose to install VIPRE on my home computer 5 years ago and I've had no security problems since using VIPRE.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

They have been very affordable and legal. They can help correct any problem and they review things regularly. They have not created any problems for me and my computer. Our local computer repair/service business recommended VIPRE to their customers and I was so happy that VIPRE makes me feel safer.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Although I had downloaded VIPRE Antivirus and renewed for over a period of six years, I noted that my version was "2016" so I contacted customer help. The technician walked me through the steps needed to UPDATE my version. This was simple and got my computer straightened out very quickly!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Been a long time user, mostly interested in Vipre because its adaptive firewall. But like with most of the established software, it's getting worse every major revision. Latest version is the worst, for example there are no possibility for "stealth mode", because the goddamn popups are disruptive for both my work and hobbies (such as eSports). For a power user such as myself, this is unacceptable and you obviously are trying to make this into a more "idiot proof" software (and like in almost every other example in the world, it never works, it just gets worse for everyone). This will be my last subscription and I'm forced to move into something else, such as NOD32 which I know from experience can run in stealth mode without any annoying popups and messages.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I use VIPRE antivirus software for a number of years now and I can definitely say it has worked just fine so far! I am happy with the product and I see no reason, for the time being, to migrate to some other antivirus provider for my Windows operated computer. Highly recommended!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I am running Win 7 and needed to download and install a windows patch to activate all the functions of the latest Vipre Software. Now my computer runs slower than before. Not too happy about this issue. If I would have known that I would have to install other software just to make this one work I would not have done so.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I would like to be able to monitor what is being scanned like Norton displays as it scans. I would like to be able to set the computer to turn off at the end of the scan (like Norton). I am not sure it is monitoring every potential threat.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I have had Vipre ever since I did a beta test many years ago. I have never had a serious problem with intrusions, Vipre has caught them all. There was one very suspicious email that I called about and the tech walked me through safely disposing of it! I would highly recommend Vipre to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

In my phone there are 238 files and 311 Apps. When Vipre Mobile makes full scan in my phone the results are only between 228 to 289 files and Apps together, why? According to Google Apps download the Vipre Mobile requires to read my sms messages, why?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I purchased new subscription, tried to install it, would not install per the directions. Contacted VIPRE on the phone was put on hold for half an hour before anyone responded. They resent the direction, tried to install again, the software kept getting stuck. Then the product code expired, sent them an email. No one responded to the e-mail, not sure if they opened a ticket or not. Currently in limbo, not knowing if the software works or not. Don't have the time or patience to stay on hold for extended time. Horrible customer service and product support.

VIPRE Security Company Information

www.vipre.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use