3.50/5

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

VIPRE Security

VIPRE Security is an antivirus software company that provides the ultimate protection against malware and ransomware. Their products safeguard personal data and business networks from dangerous threats on PCS, Macs and other devices. VIPRE is easy to install, has a simple interface and is one of the world’s leading authorities on antivirus testing.

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

VIPRE Security Reviews

Original review: June 1, 2019

I purchased the lifetime Vipre Security for my home pc and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I tried reinstalling it and it failed to download. I constantly have problems with Vipre where my computer is left unprotected. I tried downloading new drives and could not find them. Vipre, I wish that your program was better and more user friendly.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I have been using Vipre for so many years I have lost count. When I needed support they were always prompt in their response. Vipre is not a resource hog like some other programs. Great product. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

My family purchased the "LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP" at company startup and it sounded like a great deal so you would think. I can't tell you how many times my Firewall's has been down, permissions ALL changed to off and product key missing. This ** is getting old Vipre and now the automated M-F 9-6 "Lack of support" is the final straw, I'm not sure what happened at Vipre to bring your brand to this ugly place but you may want to hire some competent people to turn it around SOON. My family has had enough, the web is a scary place but not knowing if you have ANY internet security AT ALL is farrr more troubling.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I sent the question below; to VIPRE and this answered my question. You are part of BYTEFENCE!!! I am confused. I purchased Vipre on HSN and each time I am trying to use the product keys it has put your information (BYTE) on the screen to BUY. So my question is I have a lifelong plan with VIPRE not understanding why your program keeps popping up to purchase. I notice your codes only take numbers and I have NUMBERS AND LETTERS. So can you tell me what is going on? This package was a lifetime purchase through HSN. Thank you!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Received message that my antiviral program had errors and it said I should contact the maker. I then tried to do this Saturday afternoon, only to get a recording giving me business hours Monday to Friday. Meanwhile my computer was locked up with it telling me to call Microsoft. I know this is a phony lockout. So I cut all power to the computer. I then restarted it and had no problem. I checked the Vipre software and all my security settings were set to off. I reset them to on and then checked again to find them off again. The Vipre software was not working. It has been 24 hours since I tried to report the error in the software and still no reply. I Uninstalled the software. I only had for 4 months and installed another company's software. I think one star is plenty good for this company that seems to only protect you 5 days a week. I guess they think hackers do not work on weekends either.

VIPRE Security response

Dennis, Your experience and frustration is not what we wanted nor is acceptable and for that we apologize. We have made updates to our support experience and the issue was industry wide and affected multiple vendors. We want you to know we are committed to earning your loyalty back in the future. If there is anything we can do to make this right, please do let us know. Again, our sincere apologies for this unfortunate situation. We missed the mark and we own that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about VIPRE Security?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I have had all the well known brands of anti-virus software for years at a time. All of them--including at least 1-2 of the best known free ones. ALL OF THEM EVENTUALLY CAUSED DISASTERS with my desktop computers. VIPRE has NEVER caused such problems And, I've NEVER had a malware problem since using VIPRE--now for more than 12 years IIRC. I have referred countless friends, loved ones and associates to get VIPRE. None of them have ever felt bad about doing so. I liked the option that seems to have been phased out to buy the VIPRE service for the lifetime of a desktop computer. I want to find out if it is available for my iPhone 7. IMHO, VIPRE and ghostery.com are super ways to use the net. I pray that all the staff at VIPRE have a blessed CHRISTmas and a great new year. They put out and service in friendly quality ways a top flight AV software. I think it's simply the very best.

VIPRE Security response

Wow, Delbert. Thanks so much for taking the time to review our company and products. We strive for excellence in everything and while we do. Have a great year and we value your business.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I had the lifetime subscription of Vipre on my last computer and it was fantastic. I was hooked on Windows 7 and resisted the change to Windows 10 as long as I could. My 9-year-old computer finally died and had to get a new one and it came with Windows 10. There seems to be an incompatibility issue however with my Vipre subscription running with Windows 10. Maybe after my current antivirus subscription expires, I'll attempt to go back to Vipre with the hopes that the incompatibility issues will have been ironed out by then.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I LOVE VIPRE ANTIVIRUS!! It has performed a million times better than the McAfee program that I used to use! I HIGHLY recommend VIPRE. I purchased it on HSN and It is good for years and for use on many of my electronics.

VIPRE Security response

Stephanie, Thanks so much for your review. We appreciate your business and know you have a choice. If there is anything we can do ever, please let us know. Have a great day, Kimberly

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Good company. Have used them for two years and no problems. Easy to use and understand. We have’t had any issues. We have used others and had bad luck.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Have used Vipre with lifetime license on two different laptops. It has been 100% secure. Zero license renewal fees make it worth the one time purchase cost of $100 easily.

VIPRE Security expert review by Shelley Elmblad

VIPRE is an award-winning internet security solution for your home or business. It uses advanced AI systems, cloud-based threat assessment systems and real time behavior monitoring to protect you against cyber attacks.

• VIPRE Home: VIPRE Home provides firewall protection, network monitoring, file scanning, email security, antivirus protection and more for your home computer for $38.95 per year. You can add up to 10 computers on your plan for additional fees.

• Business: VIPRE offers its same security protection product to businesses. You can buy the software for five work computers for total of $120 per year, or $24 per seat per your. VIPRE’s rates decrease as you add more seats, meaning you could pay as little as $12 per seat per year for your business.

• Free trial and demo: You can try VIPRE Security free for 30 days for your home PC. If you need security solutions for your business, VIPRE can set you up with a free quote and demo as well.

• U.S. based support: VIPRE Security is made in the United States, and they offer free tech support for customers in the U.S.

• Easy to use: VIPRE has taken extra care to make sure its product is easy to use. Menus make it easy to schedule scans, find updates, quarantine infected files and anything else you need to do to keep your information safe.

• Best for: home and business PC users who need easy protection.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
      Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

VIPRE Security Company Information