2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

3.8/5 (1595 ratings)

About Newegg.com

Newegg.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I purchased a motherboard from NewEgg that their search criterion listed as Windows 11 compatible. I assembled all the components also purchased from NewEgg. When all was working I ran Microsoft's pc health app and discovered the motherboard was NOT compatible. NewEgg offered a RMA IF I had the original box and packaging. I explained that I didn't keep the required box once the computer was up and running. Moreover, the board was installed. The operator said without the box nothing could be done. I asked him to review all the money spent at Newegg. He said he'd check with other team members but the result was the same -- No exceptions.

Hey Jerry!

Can you please send us a private message with your order details and we can take a second look into this for you.

Frank [Newegg Support]

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I bought a computer under the impression that it was a refurbished iMac OS 2019 - the computer is a late 2013 and it is not compatible with latest Apple OS - the seller product description not only was misleading but completely and utterly dishonest - even the keyboard is not an Apple. Tried to get a refund and they told me it didn't qualified for a return because the seller - CST - refused.

Hey Carlos!

Frank [Newegg Support]

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

After today I will never use this company again. I bought a keyboard that was shipped to the wrong place. I contacted customer service. The representative was rude and condescending. Didn't help me at all and didn't give me any solutions. The only thing she would say was, "It take 48 hours for the shipper to respond. Until then they could miss your credit." As far as our customer guarantee for returns you could wipe your back side with it because that's all it's worth. They do not care about you or the business you give them.

Hello James,

We are truly sorry to hear about this upsetting experience you encountered with our team. In the event an order is placed with an incorrect or outdated address we may not always have any options available to update this for you. Nonetheless we do want to look into this situation further to explore any other options we may have for you. So when time permits please email us a community@newegg.com, in that email include your order number.

Thenk you,

Eva [Newegg Support]

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Total **. They don’t give a single ** about you. If you need to return something good luck. You are better off going through Amazon. They won’t let you return items, they sent defective items after spending thousands of $$ with them. I will never be going back.

Hello Joshua,

We are truly sorry to hear of your disappointment with our returns policy. If there are any order numbers that we can provide you assistance on or double-check for you, please send us a message with those details thank you.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I saw a good prebuilt that I wanted to buy it was on sale and I added it to cart and I was at checkout going to buy it. I went to get my credit card and I came back 5 minutes later and they changed the price. There was still supposed to be a sale for another day. It was on sale for 2400$ and when I came back it was 3100$. They tried to scam me. Newegg is a scam. Don't buy from Newegg!

Hey there Nathan,

We are truly sorry to hear of this encounter while shopping on our site. Prices on our site are subject to change at any time without any notice. Please feel free to send us a message with your order number so we can double-check on the pricing of your item for you.

Eva [Newegg Support]

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I bought 3 pcs GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3090 VISION OC 24GB Video Card, GV-N3090VISION OC-24GD graphic card at Newegg.com (Order # **, Tracking #: **). I bought 1 pcs GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3090 VISION OC 24GB Video Card, GV-N3090VISION OC-24GD graphic card at newegg.com (Order # **, Tracking #: **). I realised your company handed over my order to DHL shipping carrier. And this is a big problem for me! Please check my all past orders. All of my orders were delivered to me without any problem by UPS shipping carrier. UPS shipping carrier is the best one for international shipping in Turkey. I really like their services. UPS shipping carrier delivers my packages in time without any problem. UPS shipping carrier doesn't require me make any extra payment.

DHL shipping carrier is a big problem for international shipping in Turkey. DHL shipping carrier makes lots of trouble. They don't deliver the packages in time. They request me make extra payments to them!!! I connected the newegg live support agents so many times and I told them all about it. I requested the cancellation of shipping via DHL shipping carrier while my order is still in USA and sending my order via UPS shipping carrier. The newegg live support agents told me I cannot select the shipping carrier. One of the newegg live support agents sent my request to the newegg warehouse. The agent told me it's only a request and there is no guarantee.

Order # **, Tracking #: **. The newegg requested the package back from DHL shipping carrier while my order is in Germany. I learned my order will be refunded or sended by UPS shipping carrier. I talked the newegg live support agents and I sent a request to the newegg warehouse email address. I don't want refund. I want my order. I also requested my all future orders will be sended via UPS shipping carrier. They finally told me my order will be resended via UPS shipping carrier. The problem is solved for Order # **, Tracking #: **. I'm so happy about it.

Order # **, Tracking #: **. The package has arrived in my country. DHL shipping carrier didn't agree with me sending my package back to the shipper. DHL shipping carrier wanted me to pay extra ₺ 2,000 money to deliver my package to me. I told them about UPS shipping carrier doesn't request extra money to deliver the package but DHL shipping carrier doesn't care about it. I had to make ₺ 2,000 payment to DHL shipping carrier because the newegg didn't hand over my package to UPS shipping carrier. I sent the money via bank wire. The payment document is attached.

Finally, DHL shipping carrier told me they sent my package to my address after they had received the money ₺ 2,000 from me. Please check all the attached files in this review. All of them is related to the Order # **, Tracking #: **. Who will pay me back my extra ₺ 2,000 payment to DHL shipping carrier? I already told your company about DHL shipping carirer is bad in Turkey and UPS is good in Turkey. But nobody cares. :( It's not fair. I hope you will help me to get my extra ₺ 2,000 payment back to DHL shipping company. Best Regards.

Hey there!

I am sorry to hear you are having some shipping issues, can you please send us a private message with your order details and we will take a look into this for you.

Frank[Newegg support]

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

This is a scam. They create shipping label on the same day. Product will be shipped very late. Any requests to cancel will be countered with 'Cant cancel. Shipping label already created. Refunds will cost you re-stocking fee and shipping. Even for defective products. You will be asked to reach out to manufacturer to understand if it is defective or if it's a feature. Scam scam scam.

Hey there!

Can you please send us a private message with your order details and we will take a look into this issue for you.

Frank[Newegg support]

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I order a defectuous motherboard and sent it back to Newegg who claim that I damage myself the item and refused to refund my money. I looked over dozens of reviews and it seems to be a common scam use by Newegg to void the refund warranty. Sadly, Newegg was once a great seller but has changed a lot over the years.

Hey Myriame!

Can you please send us a private message with your order details and we will take a look into the denied RMA.

Frank[Newegg supprt]

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Avoid NewEgg and their seller "yingshuo" at all costs. They are lousy merchants. They are very slow on processing orders. Their "customer service" is virtually non-existent. Their delivery times are absurd. I think the positive reviews were written by the company itself.

Hello Bruce,

I do want to apologize for the trouble you had with one of our marketplace vendors. We're always working on ways to improve the shopping experience for our customers. We appreciate this feedback and will work on bettering our services for you, if you are in need of further assistance shoot us a message with your order info when you can.

Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I am a Canadian family physician, I purchased 6 motherboard, one was defective, I returned it for a replacement. After 4 weeks of chatting, Newegg said the box is not in good shape and got refused?? Avoid them!! I have never seen such an unprofessional administration!! They say go to find the manufacturer? I bought it from you!! Please avoid!!

Hello Raymond,

we are truly sorry for the experience you have encountered with our return process. Please send us a message with your order/return details so we can double-check on this for you.

Thank you.