1.39/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

773 Newegg.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Last year around Thanksgiving, I ordered a laptop. I got it after 2 weeks and it was not the one I ordered. I called them back and they sent me a shipment label in which I sent back. I tracked the package myself and got the confirmation it was received by them. Over the course of over a month they kept saying they have not received the package and when I asked to escalate it they denied. Then passed Christmas and New Year and did not receive the refund so I told them if nothing changed I will dispute the charge. They asked me to wait a week.

The next day they confirmed they received it (a month after they have actually received it) and will issue the refund. I waited for 2 more weeks without getting any refund. I then told them I will dispute it and again they asked for 4 days for it to be issued. After four days, No refund was issued and since it is getting over 2 months already I disputed the charge. Their response: They suspended my account (which was a premier account). After multiple calls they wanted either to me to cancel the dispute or recharge the card again. (which is ridiculous).

Yesterday, They sent an email confirming that they will charge my card for the renewal of the premier (which I didn't use at all since it was suspended for the whole year!). I reached out to them and the only thing I got was to recharge my card! So they send the wrong product, take it back and doesn't want to give my money back then want to charge me for a service I did not receive. I already flagged them as scammers on my credit card to reject any charges but never and won't advise anyone to deal with them ever unless they want to lose their money for nothing.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I have been buying from Newegg for about 17 years now. Newegg was always well known in the industry as having top-notch customer service in the beginning years. The last few years I have heard a lot of rumbling about Newegg and their customer service issues and I failed to comprehend until now. Now I understand what others are talking about. Recently, Newegg started adding state sales tax onto my orders. Fair enough except that I am tax exempt in my state. I send in the paperwork that Newegg requested and nothing. I have had to make at least 6 calls to find out the status and every time I get a different answer. It has been 3 weeks at least and now I can't even log into my account because it has been suspended and customer service won't answer my emails.

Conveniently Live Chat has been down the last few times I attempted contact so I would have to sit on hold for an hour or so before I get to speak to someone. And when I have been able to speak to someone in the past, it's always a promise to call me back because they need to research it. No call backs now, no resolutions, no answers. Then last week I finally a single email that stated I could not be tax exempt if I have the Premier Membership. Okay, fine, I gave them permission to cancel the Premier Membership. In fact I attempted to cancel as well, however on the website where it gives you the option to cancel the Premier Membership, in only cancels the auto-renewal the following year.

I had to ask the credit card company to intervene and request a partial refund of the membership because no one at Newegg will assist. I only wish I could get some manager or supervisor higher up to find out what is going on. And if they treat someone who is spent countless tens of thousands of dollars over the last 17 years and only a single return or two, I can only imagine how they would treat new customers with little purchase history. Truly sad to see Newegg slide down this path. If this ever gets resolved then I may still be a customer, but it will be a long time before I could trust them as my go to place for quick orders. I have other distributors and online retailers to use if need be.

Hello there D,

I am saddened to hear about your recent experience with us and the troubles you've had with attempting to become tax exempt. I would like to ask you send us a private message with your account information so we can further look into this for you.

Louis [Newegg Support]

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I purchased an SSD from Newegg on Sept 27 and on Oct 4 I received an email from them stating it was delivered. It was not delivered to us. We contacted Support and they said they'd send a replacement. It's now November 10 and we've received nothing. We were able to get a refund through our credit card company, however. I have purchased many computer parts from them in the past but never again.

Hello Walter,

I am so sorry for that delay in regards to your claim. I would like to look into this further for you. Please kindly send me a private message with your order information so we can further assist.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

We ordered a refurbished Chromebook from Newegg. Before the 30 days we wanted to return it because it was not what I needed. We notified them of the return and got our return barcode, or RCA number... We went to clear my Gmail information from the laptop and were unable to do anything. The Chromebook was frozen/locked. We called Samsung to get their help and they were unable to help us because the Chromebook "had no serial number." The numbers on the Chromebook and the sales receipt from Newegg match nothing in the Samsung profiles. So now this Chromebook has just been sitting on a shelf for a month that we spent $90 on. I would never refer this company again. We ordered from them because we hear they are military friendly but they screwed over this active duty family. Not to mention they had me on hold for an hour (three different times) today and then hung up on me when it was my turn.

Newegg.com response

Hello Cheyenne, I am so sorry to hear about the troubles you had with your return. I'd like to further investigate this for you. Please kindly send me a private message with your order information so I can further assist.

Louis [Newegg Support]

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Found an amazing deal on the red KitchenAid mixer on Newegg. Usually sells for $220 +++. It was priced the same as the white mixer and Brand new NOT refurbished. I was concerned based on others reviews so I reached out to chat with their customer service! As stated there was a long queue (I was 38) but as I watched it count down into the 20 ’s, all the sudden I was connected to a customer rep. My product shipped the next business day and was delivered in 2 days! And it is brand new and perfect. Hope they keep up the good work!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Order # **... I paid Saturday 17.67 for next business day, which is today, for overnight and paid for Rush delivery so it would make it. I set up my day to wait and cannot do it any other day but here's the thing: FedEx not only tells me they picked it up on the delivery date at 12AM today 11-6-18 but the losers in the shipping department didn't even put the shipping label on right. FedEx had to put another label on it. So what did I pay for? I know...a scam. They planned to take money for a service they weren't always going to provide. In response I told them to recall the package and refund my money immediately. They took my money immediately. They have no answers and I needed that video card TODAY.

I paid for Today...I did the next logical thing: I filed PA attorney general complaint and Federal Trade Commission to look into their fake shipping sales pitch. It's across state lines. This was not from Cali to Philly, it was Edison NJ to Philly. It wasn't really a hard thing to get right but I got the corporate cold shoulder. I always recommended you guys. Never had a problem, always great shipping but you even screwed up the last two things I bought and put the insurance for my keyboard on the cables I bought, even though the insurance says it's for the keyboard on another order. Their customer service drops chat but Lily ** came to me by email to really give me no answers at all about my money. You see, I don't care about the $20. The refund for the shipping doesn't make up for the fact I paid for today. You don't get to make it right. You get to be asked about your shipping and payments online by my state & the federal government.

Folks, I filed these complaints in 10 minutes. This is the way you hit big companies and make them wake up. I could have waited for my card tomorrow and did nothing another day and get my refund and move on like other people probably have but nope. You really pissed me off today for lying to me and then not caring. Is your shipping department coming in with Monday morning hangovers? I was young once but that doesn't matter. What matters is my money and the time I spent dealing with you losers today. I never knew you were so bad until I came here to see the comments. I am sure not going away. Class action is in order if you are found to be selling Rush delivery and next day delivery when you can't always do that.

Good morning, Jim!

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles that you've encountered with your recent package and would like to take a second look into this for you. When the time permits, please send our team a private message with your order details so I may further assist you.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I ordered a box of ScotchPad Hang Tabs 500 from Newegg and only received 10 Hang tabs. I called the Reseller Mike's Computer Shop and was told that there was an issue with the linking between Mike's and Newegg and that they could not supply me the product and I would have to go back to Newegg to get this sorted out. I contacted Newegg and they said they would have to confirm this with Mike's and it would take up to two days for a response. I got the response from Mike's saying there was an issue. I then contacted Newegg again and was told I would need to send them the E-Mail that Mike's Sent even though Newegg was CC'd. I told Newegg that they should have the Email and get back to me asap.

Still no response and I am out the $30 big Deal but it is the total lack of response that gets me. I even asked the Customer Service person who they would feel if they were treated that way and was told he would be very angry. I will now be going back to the credit card company to get a hold on my charge to Egghead. My advice is stay away from this company.

Hey Steve!

Thank you for bringing this up to my attention. I'd like to personally apologize for any troubles that this may have caused for you and would like to correct this right away. Please send our team a private message with your order details and reference this review. I look forward to speaking with you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

These people are the kings of fraud; you only have a 50/50% chance that the product you're getting is going to work. If there is any problem NewEgg has a pressure cooker room full of people whose only job is to shut you down and cancel their guarantee; their word means nothing; their guarantee means nothing; the products they sell mean nothing. I had to have the Attorney General of my state send them a letter; but it wasn't just for me. There was so many complaints against NewEgg that I was on a class action complaint; shows you how bad these guys are. I'm getting to return my $2200.00 Vizio TV; but I'm still thinking they're going to come up with some excuse to forfeit my guarantee; and I complained the very first day I got the TV that it was broken and sent pictures. Good Luck if you order anything from this company.

Good morning, Paul!

I'd like to personally apologize for any troubles that you may have encountered with your recent purchase and would like to take a second look into this for you. Please send us a private message with your order details so I may further assist you.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

11/2/2018 I ordered a download software of Office. In the checkout I got confused but did hit cancel on one download. Newegg did not accept the cancel as I found out the next day. They offered me "half" of my money back. I was shocked as they could see I only downloaded one. Sooo I told them to keep the money and basically told them to go fly a kite. I WILL NEVER EVER SHOP WITH THEM AGAIN!!! Spend your money somewhere else folks.

Hi there, Tim!

I'd be more than happy to explore our options together. Please send us a private message with your order details so I may further assist you. I'm looking forward to speaking with you!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I paid $70 to get a product delivered next day. It is now 4 days later and tracking says that the item is at the local post office. Chat on Saturday indicates I am number 40 in the queue, which will mean about a 45 minute wait at the rate it is moving. Phone support gives me an estimated wait time of 26 minutes. I am very unhappy that I chose to purchase this item at Newegg. It was available from several other vendors.

Oh no, Brian!

I'm deeply saddened to hear about your recent experience on our site and would like to further investigate this issue for you. When the time permits, please send our team a private message and reference this review.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I order a monitor from Newegg and my credit card had some issue so my order was put on hold. Contacted my credit card company and they fix the issue and told me to make a new order. After 5 min I make a new order. I make sure that the old one was cancel. To my surprise it wasn't so I tried canceling it and it said that I can't cancel my order because it's packaging. Like how can I not make changes to my order within an hour. Now I'm charge with 2 monitors.

Hey Andrew!

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles that you've encountered with your recent order and would like to assist you with those monitors as soon as possible. Please send our team a private message with your order details so I may get this sorted out for you.

Resolution response: Nov. 8, 2018

Newegg, contacted me asap and rectified the situation. I am very happy, even though this was a 3rd party marketer that had the shipping problem. I am very satisfied and appreciate their quick response and focus on customer service. I will continue to use Newegg.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I ordered Minebot miniPRO on 10/19. Shipping address rolled into my old address. I noticed and contacted Newegg text and Ninebot itself on the Newegg Marketplace Seller - Ninebot U.S. Inc. <@marketplace.newegg.com> Tue, Oct 23, 3:48 PM (10 days ago) to me. "Hi. Your address is updated." Then when it shipped on 10/26th, the package still had the old address. I contacted Newegg, they said they could send an email and did and copied me. I left a voicemail at Ninebot and contacted Newegg support. Newegg cc'd me on email from Newegg support to Ninebot. "We have a mutual customer requesting a tracking update to their Marketplace order. The details are listed below. Sales Order#: **. Tracking#: **. Current status of tracking: Picked up, this item needs to be sent to the cust NEW ADDRESS THAT IS: **."

No contact, so on 10/29 I created a complaint: Will be delivered to old address tomorrow. I was told on the Oct 23rd that delivery address had been changed. I was notified on Friday 26th that FedEx had picked up package. FedEx tracking page No one has changed to correct address. I am disappointed that Newegg Support could only send Ninebot an email on Friday. I left voicemail and sent new support request to Ninebot. Please fix, If delivered to GA and not Tx, I'll cancel and contact Card Co and comment on both comps online.

I received an email the next day (10/30) from Ninebot: "I already contacted FedEx for you, the address change was submitted to FedEx on the 26th. The change of address will take time to process so there may be some delay. I was told by the FedEx representative that it should arrive by the end of the week. I will continue to follow up with FedEx for you."

Oct 30, 2018, 10:17 AM (3 days ago). "Hey There. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate. It says it's out for delivery in Athens. I even set up a FedEx manager on Friday, I can't do anything unless." Oct 30, 2018, 1:11 PM (3 days ago) to Newegg. "So it's been delivered, left by garage. Not sure what to do?" No response... Nothing, I set up a case with FedEx and they told me, no one had contacted them regarding this order. After 3 days of talking to FedEx, finally a FedEx guy had the courage to tell me, there wasn't anything they could do. It had to be the shipper.

As far as I know it was an empty box that was shipped or a box with 2 stickers. The portal didn't really care and the seller LIED. So I'm disputing the charge with the card company, (I have the email audit trail). And I'm going to post this on every consumer/review board to let people know how bad service is a TOP DOWN problem. It's too bad, I wanted that thing, but now I'm glad I didn't get it, because the outfit doesn't care, so it probably reflects in the product.

Hey there, Jared!

I'm so sorry to hear about your package and would like to further assist you immediately. Please send our team a private message with your order details so we may explore our options. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Purchased wrong item. Tried to call and cancel right away. No response. Went online to website and sent an email to cancel order. Paid with PayPal and there was no charge on account. After received return email from Newegg order has been charged. When I finally reached them on the phone they said it was too late. It had already shipped. I checked and it had not. They refused to help me with this issue. I will not be doing business with this company again.

Hello Louis,

I do apologize for not being able to have your order voided. I would like to further look into this for you and ask that you send us a private message with your order information so we can further look into this for you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I excitedly ordered 1700 dollars in PC parts for my build but noticed some issues, the case I picked was wrong (my fault) and there was no way to fix it before it got to me, (it never came but they did refund that). It's been 2 weeks and I'm still waiting on parts. (CPU was back ordered but the icing on the cake was the insultingly slow shipping method Newegg used to get my nearly 600 dollar processor (over 120 dollars over MSRP) to me. Real customer service cost more money from Newegg. I felt like the 1700 I spent was enough... unfortunately the tempered glass front on my case broke (I reordered for the case from Newegg's eBay store because they offer no PayPal payment methods on the main site).

Rather than spend an hour of my life arguing with Newegg I called the manufacturer directly and handled it. In the end I feel like I shouldn't have got anything from Newegg, I'm needing more parts and a new computer desk but I would rather set my PC in the bathtub than to relive the customer experience I've had for the last 2 weeks. My late delivery timetable for my processor was for today but it's definitely not going to make it to my door, possibly the sorting facility but not my door.

I would never intentionally send computer parts this way, bouncing through many many unnecessary stops sitting in hot tarmacs and being exposed to excessive vibration and ware vs a direct short route straight to me. I'm sure it will last long enough to make the warranty but it's things like this that reduces component lifespan. I was really hoping I would get better service and have more flexibility from a company that specifically is set up for these types of sales. In the end I'll get all my parts but the experience to get them feels like pulling teeth.

Hello Jarrod,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message with your sales order information and we will look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Newegg sent me a poorly packaged Vizio TV; Didn't know until I had set it up that because the TV had ripped through the box the IR sensor in the TV had been broken off. Newegg wouldn't go to the trouble to find the broken part or send a service man out to fix it; The box was destroyed so I requested a New box; no luck; just constant stalling and excuses; So now I have a 2200.00 piece of junk hanging on my wall that Newegg will not stand behind there 90 day guarantee. These people don't stand behind their guarantee or their product; they just take your money and run.

Hello Paul,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Newegg has gotten back to me, in private of course because they're ashamed of the way they treat people, and has basically told me there is nothing they can do for me unless they get the original phone back. Well, I just received a phone call from the FedEx driver who was sent out to the house to pick up the original phone and told me he was unable to get the occupants to answer the door much like I was unable to when I visited the house. He told me it doesn't look good. Ha! (I laugh because I'm losing my mind.) Translation: The phone is gone and I'm out $250. I can't stress enough what a terrible experience this was. Never has anything like this happened to me. I'm shocked this company is able to stay in business. I would highly recommend anyone stay as far away from this company as possible. Even if you work there.

Original review: Bought a smartphone which was delivered to the wrong address. Took time out of my busy day to go to the house where it was delivered and couldn't even get the occupants to answer the door. No big surprise there, the house had a court summons taped to the front door. So, I ordered a new phone and started the refund process.

A month goes by, I hear nothing. I email them and they said it was my fault it was sent to the wrong address. Even though the second phone I ordered made it to me. I talk to a few customer service agents and they tell me they can't help me. Actually, they can help me, but none of it involves them cutting a check and refunding my money. So, I’m out $250. This company does not care about its customers. They care about the sale. That’s it. They care about being right and assigning blame if you don’t receive your product. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT order from this company. Worst experience I've ever had. A $250 headache.

Hello Francis,

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience. Please send us a private message with your sales order information and we will look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Bought 2 laptop chargers from Newegg. They went through BattDepot for the batteries. Never received the batteries. BattDepot says they delivered them, the mailman says he can't remember. Never had problems with things being left at my door. FedEx and UPS do it all the time. I ask BattDepot and Newegg who signed for it, and now they're feigning ignorance and saying that they don't have any record of my order. Funny, cause I still have the 14+ emails back and forth with the order number and all the correspondence on whether or not it was delivered. Have yet to hear back from them 2 weeks later. This whole thing has been over a month. Obviously I'm out $35.

Oh no, Dwayne!

I'm deeply saddened to hear about the experience that you've had on our site and would like to get this sorted out for you immediately. Please send us a private message with your order details and reference this review. I'm looking forward to speaking with you.

Ernie [Newegg Support]

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have been ordering from Newegg for years with only minor difficulties. Approximately 2 months ago I ordered a Seagate hard drive for my new computer build. It was 4 TB Drive retailing for $175. I received the drive routinely and installed in my system approximately 5 weeks after receiving it. The drive made a soft clicking sound and could not be recognized by my OS in the disk management program. I tried it in my established computer as an external drive and again was not recognized and made a soft clicking sound. Upon researching the sound I discovered that this was most likely a sign of a parked drive arm.

As this was a brand-new drive I did not lose any data thankfully. I called Newegg to return the drive and was informed that I had surpassed the 30-day return policy. I was directed to go directly to Seagate. After waiting on hold for approximately an hour I was informed by the young woman my drive was not eligible for warranty replacement as it was OEM product and as such the warranty was purchased by the reseller. When I informed her that they would not honor my warranty I believe she took pity on me and managed to get me an RMA number.

Unfortunately, this did not help me because after paying shipping of $12 and waiting 2 weeks I was informed by Seagate that they would not honor my warranty. I am in the process of awaiting the return of my defective drive. I now have no options as both places have denied honoring the five-year warranty advertised with drive at the time that I purchased the drive. So now I guess I go to my credit card company and try to fight the charge with them. Hopefully this will result in some resolution but sad that I have to spend this much time and money for a simple hard drive.

Hello David,

Derek [Newegg Support]

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

This has been an interesting ride so far. I tried to contact them about my defective card that I got and whenever I tried to contact them by their chat function, but it would time out after waiting about an hour. I also tried to contact their phone line, but I waited about half an hour to the point where I needed to take care of other things. Also, tried contacting my CC company about them which took about a month and a half to no avail, as they said the same thing back at my CC company, even with evidence of the timeout. I'm going to say that this has been the hardest company I have dealt with in terms of customer support and I would not recommend Newegg to any of my friends and family from now on.

Hi there, Louis!

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles that you've encountered while contacting our Customer Service. Please send us a private message with your order details and reference this post so I may further assist you with your defective card. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I normally don’t write reviews like this, but this experience has been ridiculous and others need to be warned. I purchased a used Apple iPhone 6S Plus 64GB phone from Newegg. I was shipped a 6S 16GB phone. This was not a simple shipping warehouse error as the incorrect product was listed on the packing slip. When I called customer service, I was told they could not provide the correct product as it was now conveniently out of stock. It has been two weeks since I sent the product back, and I have yet to receive a refund. Looks like I’m going to have to file a claim with my credit card to get my money back. This was clearly a scam. I warn other buyers to avoid Newegg.

Oh no, J!

I'd like to begin by personally apologizing for the troubles that you've encountered with your recent purchase. Please know that it was not our intention to cause you any dissatisfaction with our services. When the time permits, please send us a private message with your order details and reference this post so I may further assist you.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Ok I’m just getting started. I am emailing my local news station, because I believe this could be happening to a lot of customers. I have the original packaging from the mail and of course the package the ram came in and also the invoice. I did pay insurance in case later the ram messed up also total on my invoice. My son spent his own money $184.50 for the ram and I purchased with my credit card. When we got it we learned it was defective. I asked for a replacement. My son really wanted that ram.

They told me sorry the serial number doesn’t match so that’s not what we sent you. I said what?!? Yes it is what you sent me and I loosed on my invoice and serial number wasn’t on there and I sent them the serial number and the one in the box and they said no sorry. I said so my son paid for the product and paid insurance but you are saying sorry serial number doesn’t match so my son is just out the money. I have work for law enforcement for 20 years and have seen a lot of fraud, but this is insane. It’s not right and I’m ready to go all the way with this case to see what can be done mot just for my son, but for other people they are doing this way.

Hi there, Tammy!

Thank you very much for bringing this up to my attention. I'm very sorry to hear about your defective RAM and would like to further assist you immediately. Please send us a private message with your order details and reference this post. I look forward to hearing from you!

Ernie [Newegg Support]

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Purchased a "new" Apple USB SuperDrive from Newegg. It actually wasn't Newegg but a Chinese company, "Corn Electronics", they represent. Apple techs determined it was counterfeit. Made BBB and PayPal claim. Newegg did eventually refund but the process requiring pictures of product, etc. was laborious and time consuming. They are still representing Corn Electronics and their counterfeit products. Buyer beware, purchase with PayPal or major credit card, and CYA.

Newegg.com response

Hey there Ralph! I am sorry to hear this, and I will let my marketplace team look into this for further review. If you do require further assistance then please let me know!-Nick

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I’ve order a few times with Newegg for PC parts and after all the annoyances up to this point the last one I’m now dealing with just doesn’t make them worth it anymore. I preorder a new tower for my PC to build it in. Specifically passed on ordering through the manufacture's website to go to Newegg thinking they would be better. Well I can say that was a mistake. The preorder date that it was supposed to ship on came and went. I tried contacting them but their chat system is completely broken. After 3 days of trying and waiting in line just to get disconnected I tried their new iMessage chat system and still to this day haven’t gotten a message back. I tried the phones and that’s an even longer wait and I didn’t have an hour.

I finally tried a week later on the chat system again when the item still didn’t ship and got through. Only to find out that my preorder was a waste of my time and that they got the shipment in but didn’t give me one. They now expect more a month from now so I can either have my money back or wait and see if I get one. Basically there was no point in preordering with them because the preorder doesn’t matter.

But to top it all off I would have never known it didn’t work if I hadn’t contacted them because they didn’t send me any order updates. This company just isn’t worth all the headaches you have to deal with to get things from them. I’m unfortunately stuck waiting as I wasted too much time with them and won’t be able to get the tower I want anywhere else. But as soon as this is dealt with I’ll never order from them again. There’s far better and more reliable places to order from with better customer service.

Hi there, Nathan!

Thank you so much for bringing this up to my attention. I sincerely apologize for any troubles that this may have caused for you and would like to take a second look into your Pre-Order. Please send us a private message with your order details so I may further assist you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I bought an item from Newegg. There was a mistake with the shipping and the customer representatives refused to help. I used the online chat multiple times, also called through the phone, but they keeping telling me what I already know. Saying they cannot change the address once it's shipped. But they definitely can cancel the delivery. They refused to help, so I never received my item. I reached out to the representatives here, they were nice enough to show interest in my case, but after exchanging 2 or 3 messages, they suddenly disappeared on me.

I go back to live chats to talk about my issue, and they were all over the place. I had to explain my problem every time, and they always tell me what already happened. One representative even told me to get it charged back from my bank. If they were able to refund me, why can't Newegg. Nevertheless, I issued the problem to PayPal, hoping they would hear me out. They refused as well, not that it surprised me. So my issue was not solved, my refund wasn't processed, and my item is nowhere to be found.

Hi there, Ruliang!

I'm so sorry to hear about the troubles that you've encountered with your recent purchase. Please allow me to take a second look into that and see what our options are at this time. When the time permits, please send us a private message with your order details. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Thank you.

Ernie [Newegg Support]

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Horrible!!! Lost money, time and ultimately lost customers. I run an online business, I sell gaming equipment for computers and video game consoles. I ordered 2 PlayStation 4 wireless controllers from Newegg. 15 days later the items had not even shipped. I called Newegg on hold for 45 minutes! Then they say "we will put in a ticket to cancel order, it takes 2 days to be approved". I'm like, "To get my money back?" So I'm I go with it. 2 days later I get an email with partially copied message between 2 people from somewhere saying "a package is in Florida and will deliver soon just have them wait" so indescript and unprofessional.

3 days later I receive my package and only one controller. Yes just 1 controller. I take the one controller apart to build one of my products only to find out its not even a genuine Sony, it’s some off brand I can’t even modify because it’s made a different way/parts are permanent in place! That was 1 week ago. Still waiting for partial refund or 2nd product I paid for which will do me No good whatsoever! Never again. I buy from eBay, Amazon, Alibaba, Etsy, Letgo and Pinterest daily for my business. This has never happened! Stay away from Newegg.

Hey there Aaron!

This is really concerning to hear, but I would gladly assist you on the order and getting you a refund. Please send a private message with your order information! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I have had my account almost 20 years. In the last 10 I have had constant problems with FedEx - and notified Newegg. I was promised they would stop shipping to my address through FedEx. On September 21 I ordered a 3TB Portable HD. Even though I was logged in when I placed the item in my cart, was logged in when it asked for shipping and billing address, once I paid through PayPal they processed the order as a "Guest" so I have no record of it in my account. Item was left on my front stoop, no notification or even knock on my door, box was crumpled as if thrown or dropped from a distance which means the drive was subjected to forces outside its limits.

Of course FedEx refused to return it or retrieve it as damage - NewEgg refused to assist in filing a claim through FedEx, refused to dispatch FedEx to retrieve the drive, does not seem to grasp I have no way to print a shipping or return label without paying for one and I refuse to pay expenses to return a product damaged in shipping - Newegg insists product needs to go through normal RMA as if opened before they will authorize a refund. Newegg has lied in my PayPal dispute claiming they offered to have Fedex retrieve the item - which they continually refused to do every I time I demanded it. So now I am being forced to accept a damaged item! Any semblance of reputability Newegg once had is long gone. I advise no one do business through them anymore. I have watched them continue to slide down this slope toward nothing more than con-artists and liars for the last 5 years.

UPDATED 10/24:

Despite a representative from Newegg responding to the complaint here, and getting this marked as "Resolution Pending" I have replied twice with the details asked for, as well as made efforts through other channels to find resolution. Newegg continues to either outright ignore me, or run me in the same circles it has been since September 26 of 2018. Newegg's representative here has not replied, and Newegg has not offered a return or exchange of the merchandise that would not incur additional costs to me. I am still stuck with merchandise damaged in shipping and no refund and no help holding the shipper accountable. As of this addendum to the complaint on October 23, 2018, no resolution is in fact pending.

Hey there!

This is very concering to me, and I would be happy to assist you on this order. Please send me a private message with the order number! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Purchased a 6 camera Arlo system. One camera does not work and picture quality somewhat lacking. When I started the return process I notice they want a RESTOCKING fee of $60.00. That will be my last purchase from them. Shipping was great, post sale experience not good. And yes keep the original box too.

Hey there John!

I am sorry to hear this! I would like to look into this for you! Please send a private message with your order information! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Nicholas [Newegg Support]

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Worst customer service ever. Ordered a laptop on Friday 9/28 in the afternoon and paid for two day shipping. Got a tracking # that said I would receive it on Tue. 10/2 end of day. Did not receive. I called 7 pm 10/2, they said it was scheduled to arrive 10/2 but if I did not receive it they would refund the shipping. Called 10/3 and they said it was shipped 10/1 so it was not late. I would get it 10/3. Did not get it and now called and they tell me that it shipped 10/3 and will not get till 10/5!!! This is from NJ 4 hr drive from my house, how is it coming horse and buggy??? NEVER DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN. They have the nerve to call themselves Newegg business, more like rotten egg business. I have canceled my order and will be disputing ANY charge.

Hello Luca,

I am so sorry to hear about the shipping issues you had with your order. Please kindly send me a private message with your order information so I can look into this matter for you.

Louis [Newegg Support]

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I ordered a relatively high-end MSI PC video card from Newegg for my personal PC. The card was bad out of the box with no video. I got on the Newegg website and requested an RMA and got a prepaid return label (so far so good). I returned the card in the original box with the original contents. In a few days I got a confirmation that the item was received by the Newegg RMA department.

About a week later I received an email stating that the item I returned was not the same item as was on the RMA and that I would have to go through manufacturer for all related concerns. That is total BS. The only item I had purchased recently from Newegg was that video card. Now I no longer have the video card and received an email accusing me of being a liar.

I personally have been a customer since Newegg was Egghead. I am also an IT Director for the US government and I approve equipment orders for many thousands of dollars from vendors each year. NEVER again will I purchase, or approve a purchase, from Newegg. They must be either crooked, greedy or incompetent and deserve to go the way of any large vendor who puts immediate profit over their customers. I am highly disappointed and I am sure they could care less.

Hello Mark,

I am so sorry to hear about that. Please send us a private message with your order information so we can look into that for you.

Louis [Newegg Support]

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I placed an order with Newegg for a jump drive. They processed my payment and contacted me to ask my color preference. I told them which I preferred and they responded that it was out of stock and asked for my second choice. After several similar emails, they said they could not fulfill my order, that none of the jump drives were in stock. I asked them to cancel my order and refund my money. They have not refunded my money nor have they responded to my email. This is theft. I made the mistake of thinking it was a reputable company based on other reviews.

Hey there Linda!

Sorry to hear about the order refund troubles, but I would be happy to assist. Please send a private message with your order information. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Newegg.com Company Information