Newegg.com

Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This company made a quantity error on their Ebay listing. They admitted to their listing error. They did not and would not issue a partial credit because of the error. Rather they kept "delaying" the refund stating they were "in the process" of issuing it... Too much time passed and they were unable to process the refund. They know this. DO NOT... DO NOT... BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! DISHONEST!!!

Consumer Increased Rating!

I purchased a computer and the associated extended warranty for my disabled son.The computer was damaged. I contacted the warranty company, ServiceNet; they advised they would send a return box. The box did not arrive and a week later they called and told us to return it to the manufacturer, and they were closing the claim. I began another claim with ServiceNet about December 20th and was advised the box would be coming. On January 4th the box still did not arrive. I contacted Newegg and was given an RMA number.

I returned the computer on January 5, 2017. Newegg contacted us several days later stating this was the wrong RMA type and that they would send it back and we needed to return under a new RMA #. Once the laptop arrived back, we received an email asking for further details. We responded with a phone call on January 24 and were advised that a new RMA number would be issued and they would refund the purchase. At this point, I purchased a new laptop from another vendor. Today we were advised they will not refund the purchase. I am now left with a nonfunctioning computer for which I purchased an extended warranty.

I ordered an open box item and it did not work. I did the online RMA and it told me 3-4 months for a replacement part so I called the joke of "Premier" customer service to see how I could get the item sooner. After overcoming the language barrier, I was told to buy a new one at full cost and wait for a shipping label and new RMA for a refund vs the exchange I had previously got. I tried for months to get his label but could not break the language barrier. They hear one word in a sentence they understand and read scripted responses until you say yes.

I finally got the shipping label and returned the item. Take is even marked by them as being an open box, and they declined my return saying that I did not return the open box item, despite it being labeled by them as an open box. They are insisting that I originally ordered a full price one and I tried to return it when I found it cheaper as open box even though their documentation shows the open box was ordered first. Nobody at this company understands a bit of English. Avoid this company, if you have a problem it will never be resolved. I've been trying for almost 6 months now, repeating myself and not a soul understanding any of it.

Returned a refurb desktop computer for a replacement. This computer would turn itself on daily at the same exact time, quite scary. The hard drive was noisy and from my experience on its way out. The Windows OS authorized number was not given. With the computer, I received the China made cheap keyboard and mouse. I never opened up the keyboard package. Returned all items, as well as, my wireless mouse's USB adapter still in the computer's USB port. Called Newegg about the USB adapter, and get this, they found it and returned it to me. Well, TY. But then they fabricated a story that the keyboard was missing thus "Incomplete Return". I have searched my home and there is no keyboard in a box lying around. Why would I knowingly keep their keyboard? I am overrun by keyboards as it is.

Now this is the deal or should I say RAW DEAL, I will be receiving the same computer minus the keyboard perhaps. No satisfaction. I am being ripped off. It is in their best interest to deny my return because of the deal I got in the first place and the cost for them to fix a refurb and to send me replacement is way more than what I paid. It's easier for NEWEGG TO LIE about the package and send back the piece of junk they sold me. First time buyer at Newegg and it's my last.

I ordered a refurbished, hybrid laptop. It's fine, but the whole experience was terrible otherwise. I paid $5.99 for three-day shipping, but once I got tracking info (which was not actually sent to me via e-mail until the package was already delivered; I had to contact Customer Service to get it), the delivery date was a whole week out. They do not mention during checkout that 1-2 extra days will be tacked on for "packing and processing." I immediately demanded my money back, and they refunded my shipping cost after trying to give me a gift card instead.

I wrote an e-mail to Customer Service describing my negative experience, and the rep that responded seemed to think this was all okay because the extra days are mentioned in tiny text in the confirmation email. Sorry, no, if you don't disclose exactly what service you're selling to me until after I pay, that's a scam. I will never do business with Newegg again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Customer service is horrible. They won't return anything that's been over 30 days even when it was a Christmas gift and does not work. I purchase it from Newegg and Antoline shipped it. I did contact Newegg within the 30days, but they never got back to me in time. The 30 days starts when you place your order even though you don't receive your order for two weeks. Stay away....

I recently bought a flagship laptop from newegg. ca and had a horrifying experience. I purchased the item in the middle of October 2016 and the issue is not yet resolved. They sent me a laptop that had a faulty battery. The laptop could not stay on if not plugged into the power which defeated the purpose of having an ultrabook. I returned the laptop as faulty and it went through their tech centre and they sent it back to me with a report saying there is nothing wrong and the problem had not been fixed. I called them back immediately and said they never fixed it and with the courier there and back to Alberta more than 30 days had gone by despite the laptop being in my possession for about a week. They said for this reason they won't take the laptop back again. They basically treated me like I was lying saying that the laptop didn't work when it was their incompetent tech department that never diagnosed or repaired the problem.

They told me there was no way they would do anything for me and I had to contact the manufacturer. At this stage it had been more than a month since I paid for it and I didn't have a working laptop and newegg. ca refused to assist me at all. I had to contact the manufacturer in the USA and I am still busy arranging for them to receive the laptop. 3 months later and I am without a laptop and my money because of the disgusting service from newegg. ca. I will never get anything from them again. Not even if it were free. It's not worth the wasted time and stress and disrespect.

I ordered a Nintendo for my kid that was suppose to be delivered by Dec 20th. Not only did it never show up but we are almost halfway through January and there is still no resolution. Newegg has not refunded nor replaced the item I paid for. At this point I feel like I have been robbed.

I'm gonna start off by saying Newegg has great products and great service when it comes to getting your orders, making transactions, and overall punctuality with response times. Okay that's great and all, but where does that leave returns and refunds? Dead. It's a lost cause as far as I'm concerned. For Christmas I ordered a PC parts list for both my Gf and I. I wanted to surprise her on xmas and build her a nice gaming PC and also some upgrades to go along with my current system. The order went smooth as ever. All my items arrived on time. Everything I got was what was advertised. Great! This is where Newegg shines from my experience.

Okay so after doing a boot test on the motherboard I purchased, it was dead. No post. (Which is something I've always taken into consideration. If you're gonna buy something don't expect it to always work.) So I thought no big deal. I'll go ahead a place it in an RMA pile. Next thing that happen was the backplate for the liquid cooler I purchased was missing. Again a little disappointed. But oh well. These things happen. Again into the RMA pile. To shorten this part of the story. I ended up returning three items. Mobo, cooler and a low profile power supply that didn't fit the case I purchased. AGAIN no big deal. I get it. Problems happen with components.

So around 12/05/16 I printed my free RMA label, boxed everything and it was at the post office that morning. Great. So 3 days go by and I notice their tracking number they gave me for the RMA is invalid. Thought maybe it hasn't reached the facility yet. So I wait longer. Now a week has passed. Still nothing. The return should have arrived by now. At the least in the beginning of unboxing and processing each item. So I contact Newegg through email. I get a response 3 days later. (Again still nothing on my RMA.) I'm asked to give them screen shots of this Return because they haven't received this package yet. So I do. Another week passes. Now keep in mind... You get 14 days from shipment to receiving for the RMA to be valid. It's been over 14 days now since the item hasn't reached the facility yet! So where did my return go?! I've never had problems with the post office. I made sure the item was handed to a person there to be processed.

Now I'm getting an email again from Newegg. They're telling me they are having trouble locating the tracking number for this Return and that it's possible the carrier had an error. Still waiting on a response now. Either way the RMA is void. The package will be returned to me most likely and I'll have to start this process all over again. From now on. I'm sticking with the manufacturer's warranty with each product. It might take longer. They might charge for shipping and labor. But at least you get something in return for the troubles. I recommend other Newegg consumers to do the same.

Paid $25 extra for "next day delivery". Paid another $3-5 for "rush processing". 24 hours later, item hasn't even shipped. CS offers to refund the shipping fee - which is no help. If I wanted slow, free shipping, I'd have ordered Amazon. I spent extra twice to get my item quickly as the website promised. They don't know when my item might ship - or arrive. Never again. At least with Amazon I could have reliably had it a day later. I will absolutely never spend a dime with Newegg again. I spend a lot on tech items for myself, and my business - I will stick with Micro Center and Amazon going forth. I should have known better.

I bought a printer a couple years ago from Newegg for nearly $700. All went well. I've since ordered replacement toner cartridges which have taken a long time to arrive but the pricing was good. The last cartridge I ordered creates a crum error and won't work in the printer. This is not my ordering error but a deficiency in the product or incorrect specs.

Newegg will accept a return but will charge me over $15.00 for shipping and restocking. I tried to "chat" online to no avail. I asked for a call back from customer service but when it came they put me on a static hold until I finally hung up. This wasn't my mistake and they just lost my business over $15. Hopefully, they will refund the remainder of the money paid for the toner cartridge. We will see.

I bought a Linksys router ($300 equipment) and noticed the product has a lot of quality issues. I had to reboot the router every other day. This is not a personal taste issue, but a real technical issue. I filed for a refund with Newegg. They charge 15% restocking fee, despite the fact that I'm telling them the router is not stable. This in itself is a total scam as they will eventually resend this to the manufacturer now that I have stated there is a problem. So they scam the customer for 15%. Next I ask the agent if I can use the money to buy something else with Newegg, so as to avoid the restocking fee, if losing the business is what Newegg is worried about. They will not honor that request as well. I asked them can I at least use the amount to buy something else directly, without refunding to the original payment method. They decline to do that too.

So effectively, Newegg does not care about customers or their satisfaction. They just need to scam you out of every possible cent. There is a reason why Amazon grew up to the monster that it is today. It was my mistake to take that stupid American Express Credit Card offer to buy in Newegg. I would personally stay out of American Express and Newegg.

I decided to order an item on December 15th for my fiance as a christmas present. I got multiple emails. Order received, payment applied, item shipped with tracking number. Cool. They were pretty quick. Fast forward to the next day - might as well check the tracking so I get an idea where it's at. "Packaging" okay. So maybe UPS/USPS/FedEx hadn't picked it up. I'll check the next day. "Packaging". Five days later it still says "Packaging" and when I check the tracking number thru USPS which it says it going thru it says "STATUS NOT AVAILABLE. The Postal Service could not locate the tracking information for your request. Please verify your tracking number and try again later." I'm currently on hold waiting for a rep to answer the phone, I also have the live chat open. My current wait time is 42 minutes and 6 seconds. I will definitely never go through Newegg again. Recommended by a friend who's never had any issues. But this is ridiculous.

Bought a refurbished Vizio TV from NewEgg. They sent a defective unit. Got them to finally exchange it. Took them 10+ days. They sent a second defective unit. Will not accept a return for the second defective unit stating their policy is that the return period starts from date of original purchase invoice (first defective TV). Needless to say by the time they send the second defective TV, the return period was over. Due to this flawed policy they are saying I must keep the defective TV. This is a scam. Do not buy from these crooks.

Newegg.com - Horrible, Horrible, Horrible... I have been trying to get a refund for a returned item of $206 for over a month. You have to wait up to an hour on hold every time you call to speak to someone who will ask you the same stupid questions of which you have answered 10 times already. I spoke to a manager name Carla who assured me she was going to take care of the problem and send me her direct contact information. Neither one happened. The fact is that they should take down the sign that says Newegg and put one up that says Ringling Brothers because what they are running is a circus.

We purchased an Acer computer monitor from Newegg. It came with flaws (pixel issues). We sent it back the way it came and asked for an exchange. We also purchased a 3 year warranty. It got damaged in shipping and they refused to send us a new monitor and not give us a refund. We contacted Acer and they wouldn't do anything either. Even with the 3 year warranty which Newegg sent us the coverage, saying the warranty covered part, labor, and even a replacement they did nothing. They blamed us for poor packaging. We finally settled on a $390 restocking fee losing almost half of our purchase price. I can't believe a company can run this way. Beware of buying anything from Newegg and Acer. They could have done the right thing and just exchanged it, but they chose to be cheap and try to keep all of our money. Go elsewhere to purchase any computer needs.

Ordered from them and paid for the 3 days shipping... guess when my order arrives? 5 days later... So I call them and tell them I want my shipping refunded. What do they tell me? "Oh you needed to also pay for 'Expedited Processing.'" WOW really? Talk about a scam... so you pay a ton for shipping and they are trying to extort another $3 because they want you to pay them to do their jobs. Interesting. Long time customer and they just lost me for 10 bucks. Hope it was worth it.

I purchased computer parts from Newegg and was charged $59.99 for a "free gift" of a video game. They tried to explain how the charge was created as part of a discount, but the "discount" was never explained or advertised at the time of purchase. When I asked for a refund of the $59.99, I was denied. I have disputed the charge with my bank. On one order, $59.99 is subtracted from the total, therefore constituting the "discount" they believe is being applied. However, the same $59.99 charge then shows up separately under another order resulting in a net charge to me that is unchanged, all for a "free gift" of Watch Dogs 2 (a video game) that I never asked for. I asked for a credit when they said they could not refund the charge, and they likewise refused. I have been saving for over a year to build my first pc, and I was happy when I found everything seemingly affordable on Newegg.

Absolutely the worst! Spent 40 minutes waiting in a chat window only to have it shut down before agent responded! Placed an order with them and paid for 3 day shipping and expedited service. 7 days later the packages arrived. They needed to travel 700 miles from their location to mine. Could have been transported by horse faster than that. Buy from these people only as a last resort!! DO NOT PAY FOR FASTER SHIPPING AS IT WILL NOT HAPPEN!

Mr-Pung plunger being advertised with CO2 cartridge, but when your order arrives, you only get the plungers, one for the kitchen and one for the toilet. What sense does that make? How are you to use the plungers without the cartridges? Of course I called, but the person whom I spoke with had to email me 20 minutes later to say, "You have to purchase the cartridges separately". I could have purchased everything from amazon. Everyone, just go to Amazon.

I have ordered many items from Newegg but have always been disappointed with their shipping. Their free shipping is 4-7 BUSINESS days which doesn't count the 1-2 day processing time. Everything I have ordered with free shipping has taken longer than I desire. I had everything built for my computer except for one item: a CPU cooler. I placed the order on 11/24 along with an SSD. I got the SSD on the 30th (fairly swift). The CPU cooler was listed for 12/3 at the end of the day. Once it didn't arrive I checked tracking to find that it was still in Illinois traveling between FedEx locations and had been there since 11/30. I should mention it was listed as FedEx SmartPost. Ironic considering the huge logistical errors.

FedEx eventually updated the delivery status from pending to Thursday 12/8, 5 days after the original date which was already 7 business days not counting the 1 day processing fee. So here I am complaining after free shipping. But Amazon continues to impress with free 2 day shipping for prime members. While Newegg can't deliver in 7 days. Sure it's a FedEx problem but the lack of support and assistance I received from Newegg in this matter was discouraging as a customer; as if my order didn't matter. "Talk to FedEx" they said, I did and they didn't help either. So I had to wait a week before I could use my PC I built. Very sad.

Bought Samsung UN50KU6300FXZA 50-inch 2160p 4K UHD Smart LED TV black (2016) from Newegg on Black Friday. I was very happy to get an awesome deal on it. It was delivered within 2 days. Unfortunately, when we opened the box there was a big scratch on the TV screen. So I contacted the Customer Care and asked for a replacement. I had to wait for 2 hours to get to talk to a representative and then spent nearly 3 hours discussing the issue, sending pictures of the damaged item.

In the end I was told that they will issue a replacement for me. After 2-3 days I got email from Newegg stating that I will only be given the refund, no replacement, because the item is on back order or something. They have nothing to offer me other than dry apology. To my frustration, I now won't be able to buy that TV anywhere at that price. And I have wasted all my money, time, energy for no reason. Plus now I have to send that huge box on my own to complete the return and get my money back. I have to suffer for Newegg's deliberate mistake. This was my first purchase at Newegg and will surely be the last as well.

Arrived 5 days later as opposed to 2. Still frustrating.

H. of Phoenix, AZ on

Original Review

Ordered a Smartphone off NewEgg that I needed for the weekend out of town (especially because with the new phone I needed to go through and change my carrier). As such, I ordered it on Tuesday with 2 days shipping. I ordered around mid-day Tuesday, with the website telling me with my ShopRunner membership that I would get it on Friday. Instead it was sent on Thursday and now will be arriving Monday, literally a WEEK after I ordered it. So now I'm out of town without the extra device I needed.:) Note, the exact same thing happened last time when I ordered a set of computer parts to build over the weekend for a LAN the following weekend. Didn't arrive on time and spent a lot of my week building and testing out the computer.

While prices are decent... they aren't the lowest. Support is good, but they don't want to intervene when a customer has a bad experience with a seller. The selection of parts is very good. Now for the worst of the bad: I need another monitor. The first monitor I tried to order went out of stock on the same day I ordered it. I have no time to wait for a new supply, so I canceled the order. Monitor # 2: In stock, but the seller (US Micro) shipped a different, lower quality monitor; and, it's cheaper on Newegg's site. US Micro has a telephone # that is useless, all of my many call did not go through from where I live. Consumer reports gave Newegg a good review, but I have written a lot of Customer Service training material, Newegg offers no support to customers with seller issues, they stay out. My dispute is 70% sellers, 30% Newegg. I have a complaint against US Micro filed with the BBB. I'll just have to get the monitor off Amazon.com.

I have to recommend against using Newegg.com. I have had nothing but a bad experience with their entire process, from paying, to shipping (or lack thereof). This review does not reflect on the individuals I spoke with, as they were kind and tried to help. I ordered some computer components on the morning of TUESDAY November 29th after signing up for their premier membership. I chose RUSH processing and OVERNIGHT shipping. I needed this order by THURSDAY, DEC 1. My first issue was when trying to pay. They, for some unknown reason, use a separate website for verification of credit card payments. This started as an oddity, and quickly became an issue as my payment was declined by my bank for suspicious activity. I had to call into customer service to have them resubmit after spending much time in figuring out what exactly I had to do.

After that got resolved, I waited a day before checking my account to see the status of the shipment. To my dismay, it still said "Packaging". I called customer service again to find out why it hadn't been sent, and they simply told me that they cannot call the shipping team only email. She emailed them and told me I would hear back in 2 days at the latest. I never heard back. Today (12/2) I called as my order still said packaging. I asked them to find my order, and cancel it if they are unable to give me a proper shipping date/time. I was placed on a hold for a few minutes before the agent came back to simply inform me the order was cancelled. I clarified with him that I wanted a status update first. He apologized and proceeded to talk to a manager. Minutes later, I got an email stating that the FREE DIGITAL GAME that came with one of my components was out of stock, so it cause them to cancel my order.

When the agent came back on he informed me that an order has to go out altogether. Otherwise they will cancel the order if any one thing was out of stock. I found it interesting that the shipping team could so quickly email me now, 4 days later instead of informing me from the get go, or during the multiple times I called looking for an update. They have some SEVERE deficiencies in the process, and it needs to be resolved. I will no longer shop with Newegg.com.

I am new on this website. I did order $180 after 9 days - still seller didn't send me my order. I did cancel - till now waiting almost 32 for refund nothing. Till now I contact paypal. They advice me do not deal with them again. Paypal has 360 issues with Newegg in one month.

Ordered 2 refurbished Canon printers (Christmas presents) from Newegg on November 11, 2016 at 8:31 PM (eBay) description said "working condition". On checkout from eBay to PayPal, did not see obscure "w/o cartridge" and checked out. Then noticed upon order that stated (NO CARTRIDGES - PLURAL). I cancelled the order immediately at 8:48 PM after which Newegg stated, "out of stock". Enclosed is my correspondence on this matter. A) originally did not state cartridges missing; B) stated later that cartridge missing (which cartridge? They are supplied with 2); C) received e-mail which stated no cartridges; D) canceled immediately after checkout with eBay. Canceled this order minutes after noticing that the checkout (end).

Recent bank statement had a curious debit of $9.95 (traced to Newegg). Despite calls to eBay and PayPal about a $9.95 taxed on "SERVICE CHARGE", neither eBay nor PayPal stated that there is NO RECORD of this charge, and that Newegg summarily took my information and debited my account. I was warned about Newegg's 1 star rating (emphasis supplied). I have notified both eBay and PayPal about Newegg's violation of their policies. Caveat emptor.

First time ordering with Newegg and I'd thought I'd take advantage of their Black Friday sales. Everything was fine, until I suddenly received an email saying 2 of my 3 orders were suddenly voided due to a verification issue. What?? Then why did one of my orders, with the exact same information get processed with no issue? I called them immediately and the lady on the phone was able to help me right away. A few hours later, I received an email saying they had cleared up the issue on their end, but I could now reorder everything. Except half the items were either no longer on sale or in stock.

Their phones were no longer running that day, so I waited an hour and a half just to chat with a lady who kept saying there was nothing she could do for me, not even make sure my future orders weren't cancelled without warning. On top of that, she even dared to imply I was at fault for not checking my order status every second to catch the moment it was voided. I will call again tomorrow and hopefully speak to someone more competent.

I have been shopping at NewEgg for many years (at least 15). I buy the vast majority of my computer components from them, and I have built several systems over the years. I would say my success rate with functioning components is at least 98 percent. My purchases have always been shipped and received promptly. When I have contacted reps at the company, I have always received an answer. I've had to return a few things and I got my money back without any problems.

With that said, I just can't understand how so many people could give such negative reviews on this company. Do you really expect perfection? Hey, they're a huge organization. Not everything will go smoothly. Well, believe what you want. The best review to read is from someone like me who has spent as much money as I have, and over so many years. You can get a better idea of the quality of a company that way over someone who has made only one or two purchases. I highly recommend this company. I still price shop on their competitors' websites, but most of the time, if it's computer related. NewEgg ultimately gets my business.

I have just gone through a week and 15 or more attempts to order computer parts from Newegg and was constantly refused because the default billing address was not the same as the one on my credit card even though I kept changing the default address to the right one over and over. It seems that when you select a different mailing address from the billing address the system changes the billing address to the mailing address and the credit card is rejected because of this. Mind you that I had made numerous purchases to the account at Newegg with the billing address not being changed by the mailing address.

Finally, I talked to Matt in customer and he was awesome in his patience and professionalism. Also he was very knowledgeable, telling me about a little tick box at the bottom of the billing page that notifies the system at Newegg that the billing address and mailing address are different. Where is the tick box? After the credit card info box just below the screen after the proceed to checkout box. Who would look there? After all that tick box should be located on the previous page where you select the shipping address. Imagine that.

I spent an entire week calling and attempting everything in the book to resolve this problem of the billing address changing to the mailing address and nearly pulled my hair out in so doing. Why would you ever change the billing address that is linked to your credit card and bank you use to purchase things since you can't order anything if that is changed. I do not feel stupid because I could not figure this out for a week. After all you can't find the phone number to talk to a human at Newegg. Ssssssh, it's a secret you know. For all the hype about their great service, they sure don't provide it, that is until you turn blue first. Thank you Matt for your patience and knowledge. You are a true asset for Newegg. Truly a one out of a thousand. They don't pay you enough. Thanks.

Newegg.com Company Profile