2.68/5

945 Newegg.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 22, 2019

I ordered a Denon A/V receiver on Sunday and thus was sent an email confirmation that the item would ship out next day (Monday). I didn’t receive tracking number so on Tuesday I called the seller and after some back and forth conversation about when it would ship they hung up on me. Wednesday I get an email that my order was cancelled because they were out of stock. I go back on Newegg’s site and the same company has the same item listed as “in stock” but for $150 more in price. My business is in the tech industry and I used to get top notch service from Newegg but it seems that need to hold their Sellers to a higher standard.

Hello Richard,

Sorry to hear that you were having issues with your most recent purchase.

I would love to look into this further on your behalf. Simply reply with a private response and be sure to include your recent sales order number.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 21, 2019

Ordered three Gilmour hoses pictured on their website on two different orders. On the first order Newegg sent me two Gilmour hoses that were cheaper on their website than the one pictured. Contacted customer service, after some conversation was given a $20 refund (order was $36) and was told to keep the hoses. Order two arrives the same day and was shipped again a different Gilmour hose then was pictured.

Back again calling customer service, "Oh this is a market place vendor. They have a different return policy." "Dude I don't want to return again the wrong hose, I'll take $25 credit (order was $100) and keep it and go to Home Depot perhaps cheaper. I wanted the one pictured on your site." "We will contact the vendor. No, send it back." "You will be responsible for shipping?" Really, here is a credit card chargeback and a PayPal dispute. Do not use Rotten Egg. You can get products cheaper if you shop. At least you know what you should get. JH

Hello Josepph,

Sorry to hear about the issues with your recent order.

I would love to look into this further on your behalf. Simply send me a private response with your sales order information.

Derek [Newegg Support]

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 20, 2019

We purchased a product from Newegg and paid for 3 day shipping. The product was ready for UPS pick up on March 30th, UPS picked it up April 1st (Monday) and was delivered April 5th. We contacted Newegg's customer service to report this along with some other shipping concerns, they informed us that this product was delivered on time and we there is no reimbursement, they stated, "Things like this happen". I know it's only a few bucks but really, that's your response? So I left a product review on their website explaining this, it was never published. I left feedback on their website, they never responded back. So I am here to share it. The next purchase I made was three days ago on Amazon for a SSD, it arrived here today with no issues. It's sad that what I thought was a top notch company would flat out lie over a few dollars.

Hello Christa,

Sorry to hear there were issues with your recent order with us. I would love to look into this further on your behalf.

Simply send me a private response with your sales order information.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 19, 2019

Purchased a 55” LG OLED TV (55E8) via Newegg through eBay. Quick shipping and the item was specified as new in box. The item received was a used item with scratches, missing the remote, stand, power cord and manuals including all hardware. Sent Newegg messages via eBay and no response. Fortunately this unit was purchased via Amex and I can easily start the dispute process as I paid for a new item, but received a damaged used product. Buyer beware when purchasing items from this online retailer. Shady business practices and lack of customer service do not bode well in this day and age. I’ve spent the afternoon sharing my experience on social media since Newegg can’t be bothered to try and resolve this.

Hello Justin,

Sorry to hear that you received a used TV. Good news is this can be easily resolved. Simply send me a private message and I will look into this further and provide return instructions if necessary.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I sent over 3000 on a new PC. Ordered everything I needed, everything was going good. Stuff was coming in until I got the video card, but it essentially a video card. It was two old motherboards, I called OutletPC. They sent the card. Told them what happen and all they told me was I didn't order it from Newegg but from Amazon. There was no invoice in the box from Amazon or OutletPC. I called Newegg and got help. They set up a return for me. I sent it to them and there it sat for a month. I called asking about it. They sent emails to the return department and nothing, after talking to a manager it seemed it was coming to an end and I would be getting my card, I still don’t trust Newegg or the seller how is from China.

Hello Donald,

Sorry to hear there were issues with your return.

If you send me a private message with your sales order number, I will look into this issue for you and expedite the process if possible.

Derek [Newegg Support]

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Original review: April 17, 2019

Received computer bundle. Bad box was damaged. Sent back all parts. They tested. Said was bad but will not refund. They didn’t have original box. Lost a good customer. Did call talk to return never called back. Got email said returning their bad bundle.

Hello Carl,

Sorry to hear about your issues with returning the items.

I would love to look into this issue further to see what more if anything can be done to assist you.

Simply send me a private message with your sales order information.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 15, 2019

I bought a $800 laptop for my son and after having the laptop for only 6 days it crashed and I wanted to return it. I called Newegg.com and followed their protocol for a proper return and did exactly as they requested. After 9 days I never heard back anything in regards to my return so I decided to call their customer service and find out where my refund is.

After speaking to 2 different people on the phone and being placed on hold for 20 minutes I was told that it will take longer for a refund and for me to wait another week. All of a sudden the same day I got an email that the laptop that they received was damaged and they will not refund me any money and they will be sending back the laptop to me! There are other reputable online retailers for electronics that I have bought from before and never had such a bad experience. I do not recommend Newegg.come to anyone for any purchases. How could a laptop be damaged? We only had it for 6 days and it got sent back.

Hello Goli,

Sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience with the return of your laptop. I would love to look into this further for you. Simply send me a private message with your sales order number or your RMA number.

Derek [Newegg Support]

Original review: April 12, 2019

So I wanted to buy some parts on Newegg, and to be smart I wanted to do some research on them before buying them. I did not want to just read the user reviews and then blindly make a decision based on that. So I found a motherboard that interested me (ASUS TUF B350M-Plus Gaming), and wanted to try the Ryzen 5 2400G CPU with it for the onboard Vega Graphics. I did see one review about this, but that did not matter because ASUS told me that if the part number on the sticker on the actual motherboard had the last 4 digits of 3203 or higher, that it would work out-of-box with the Ryzen 5 2400G CPU. My daughter had just bought this motherboard from Fry's, and it did in fact have 3803 as the last 4 digits of that number. However, that number could be different based on when Newegg received shipment, or when Newegg distributors received shipment.

So I wanted to be safe and ask them if they could check that for me. Well NONE of them, not Newegg, and not the distributors wanted to cooperate with me. They all told me they did not have access to the product, that it is shipped directly from ASUS distribution centers to the consumers. ASUS completely negated that statement though, saying the distributors buy stock at various times during the cycle of a product and keep them in a warehouse for shipment. Because this motherboard was manufactured in 2017/2018, there is no telling what the part number would be.

When we buy products from Newegg, or their distributors, we get a box that says Newegg on it with either a Newegg mailing address, or one of the distributor's addresses, not an ASUS box, and not an ASUS address. If that number isn't at least 3203, then the motherboard will not boot, and will require RMA, and or a "Boot Kit" from AMD. So I did not buy this motherboard, and chose to get the newer version of the motherboard, which is essentially the exact same thing, but newer (ASUS TUF B450M-Plus Gaming), which comes with Ryzen 5 2400G support out-of-box.

So to sum up this review, and not be super critical of Newegg, because they are a good company. I am just suggesting that they should list actual part numbers for all products, and not just a model phrase EG: ASUS TUF B350M-Plus Gaming (which is NOT a part number). If they just had actual part numbers, people could do thorough research before buying and avoid RMA!

Here is the link to the part: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP6FJ2509&Description=asus%20tuf%20b350m-plus%20gaming&cm_re=asus_tuf_b350m-plus_gaming-_-13-119-030-_-Product. Notice in the description it has support for the Ryzen CPU I was asking about? But they don't tell you that the BIOS revision has to be at least 3203, and they don't tell you that if it isn't already that number or higher, that the board will NOT boot! I'm still giving 4 Stars to Newegg, to be fair, because they are a good company, and this problem isn't entirely on their shoulders. The distributors and ASUS should be providing consumers with actual part numbers!

Hi Jeff,

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had and the issues you had encountered with this motherboard. I am however pleased to hear that you did receive the response you were looking for in the end. Should you have any more concerns or feedback please send us a private message.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 11, 2019

I ordered a laptop and it was successful. 2 days later they called me back and told, that the laptop is out of stock but when I see the site it is still there with hiked prices. How it is out of stock.

Hello Nitesh,

Sorry to hear that your order did not go through. If you send me a private response with your sales order information, I would be happy to look into this further on your behalf.

Regards,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 9, 2019

I've ordered, processor, ram and graphic card through Newegg, it was first time ordering anything from them. I've placed my order on the 24th of March, and because I live in New York City I wanted to be safe so I choose their Local Express same day delivery (adult signature required). I didn't received anything on 25th, I called them on 26th to complain. They said I'll be getting it later on same day, I didn't received nothing and shipping status was out for delivery for 2nd. I've called on 27th that I didn't received my package, they assured me that I'll get it later on same day. Afternoon status changed to Delivered. I was all day home. Never heard anyone knocking or ringing the door, no one asked me for the signature and there was nothing by my door. I've called them again. They said to wait. Carrier updated the status but they didn't delivered it as of yet.

How carrier can update status and before even making a delivery with signature required, at evening I called them again and they suggested to make a claim. So I did make a claim. They said it can take up to 7 days, I've called them again on April 5th and they said that I need to file a police report. Police report on who? Delivery was with signature required so it couldn't be stolen. If I'm not at home they can't drop the package. I asked if the carrier provided them with the proof of delivery with the name and signature of the person who received the package, they said they don't have such a proof and they need police report number because it's over $2000 so they can refund me my money.

So I went to the police station today, I showed everything to police officer and officer asked me same thing. Did Newegg obtained a proof of delivery with the name and signature from DHL. I said no, so police told me to ask that proof from the Newegg because packages with this type of shipment method couldn't be stolen and if DHL dropped it by the door somewhere it's their negligence.

So I've called Newegg again, agent couldn't answer any of my questions. Just told me that the claim has been denied, she transferred me to supervisor, supervisor told me that with this kind of shipping no signature is required. When I pointed him that it clearly stated on their website when you choosing options and there is no other Local Express same day delivery without signature available he said, "Oh yeah. I see that but for this particular package no signature was needed and DHL confirmed that they dropped it off by the front door."

I was totally shocked by that statement, so you just change your own rule for this particular package, I told him again that there is no such an option Local express same day delivery available on their website and I've read him all available options. Finally he said that I'm right and he will contact claim department again to ask about it but it can take few days. At this point it looks like they just brushing me off, I don't have my products and I'm out way over $2000, I contacting credit card company to look in this matter. IT WAS FIRST TIME AND LAST TIME I ORDERED FROM THIS COMPANY. Use Amazon or Best Buy or Micro Center or anyone but not Newegg.

Hi Vitalij,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with this order. This is never the type of experience that we would like for our customers. I do apologize for any of the confusion experienced with the shipping of your order and the resulting claim. I have located your account and will be looking into this situation further. I will also be sending you a follow-up email, to keep an open line of communication. We always want to try and help our customers

James [Newegg Support]

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 8, 2019

I think you re missed understood. Camera are fined, what you shipped as described and my invoice said should be 4 times 4MP 2688x1520 full POE not 2MP model lv-pd51208c should included on kit, why not exchanged for right product as described even 30 day expired.

Hi Jean Marc,

I'm so sorry to hear that item you had purchased from us is not listed as described. Sadly, I have looked on your account and it appears Jesse from Marketplace place has informed you that you are passed our return time frame and cannot be replaced. I do apologize for this, If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send us a Private Message.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 6, 2019

I bought a LG Oled TV that was a really good price. I thought Newegg was a reputable site but how wrong I was. The shipment came and the TV was damaged. I contacted their customer service and eventually they asked if I wanted a replacement. They even said they wanted to offer a $10 gift card. (I mean it's so little but whatever) I said yes and so the process began. It was slow but eventually they said they will send FedEx to pick up the TV. They came once but I was not home as no one told me the schedule of when they would come and pick it up. So I contacted Newegg and had to send a bunch of emails back and forth. They TASKED ME into figuring out about the pickup from FedEx.

At this point I just wanted to return the TV so that I can get a replacement ASAP so I went and dropped it off at FedEx. I patiently waited, I even verified with one of the chat agents that the RMA that said 'refund' was just for internal purposes and that I was in fact, getting a replacement. I waited about a week without hearing from them so I contacted them again. Looks like the item was out of stock and they issued a refund. What? Why was I not informed of this? I didn't even receive the refund! To cap it all off my last interaction with them was less than stellar. Essentially I was told, "Sorry too bad, when you receive your refund you can buy with us again or go somewhere else!" This whole process took about a month. I was initially patient with them but that was disappearing with each passing day. Save yourself the headache, go anywhere else.

Hi Anant,

I am deeply saddened to hear about your TV had been delivered to you damaged and that you had to go back a forth with our Customer Service agents. I have looked further into your account, I do see that we have changed your RMA status from a replacement to a refund on your behalf since the TV is out of stock. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send us a Private Message with a brief reference to this message.

Thank you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 5, 2019

The monitor I order having a huge screen defect. They can't not offer replacement because I order it out of US. Then also said I can't get a full refund because the original shipping fee can't refunded. Then they arrange a returning via DHL which is not the original shipping service provide. After the half day of waiting the DHL guys said they can't pick up the monitor due to it sure be responsible by Fedex. Then the CS said can I bring the monitor to the DHL facility after I lost $40 shipping cost and I have to paid for the fare toward the facility. Finally, the CS arrange with DHL to pick up my return in the next few day. Hopefully I don't have to take a day off for waiting that the DHL to pick up my return.

Hello Ho,

I am so sorry for any trouble you had while trying to return this item back to us. If you are still in need of assistance please feel free to private message us with your order information and any other inquiries you may have.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 4, 2019

Website is clunky and farms personal info. Did not make clear that they will hold my digital download code for 2 days until after purchase. Would have gladly paid Amazon the extra $10 to directly download without delay. Will never use this service again and will invest 5 min a week, every week, for the remainder of this year to leave a negative blog post.

Hi Patrick,

I do apologize for any issues our processing times for digital orders has caused for you. We are always looking for ways to improve the shopping experience for our current and future customers such as yourself. If there is anything else at all I can try to do to assist, please let me know and send us a private message so we can explore your options.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 3, 2019

Long story short - Yesterday, I cancelled an order within MINUTES of placing it. I ordered an incorrect item. I notified them immediately through their online "chat messaging." Today I received a series of combative, condescending emails (from Angelina) denying my cancellation. I have purchased from Newegg in the past. My transactions were always smooth. Whomever is representing this company is ruining their good reputation. Not surprised at all about the litany of their negative reviews on this website. Consumers: BEWARE.

Hello Cynthia,

I would like to begin by apologizing for any trouble you may have had with your most recent shopping experience with us. This definitely doesn't sound right and I'd like to look further into this and see what exactly happened. Can I ask you please private message us with your order details and a bit more information of what exactly you received?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 30, 2019

So I am building a Pc and it is kind of integral for my work. I'm making a home office I work and game from. I enjoy both. Yet somehow when I was searching through Newegg they offered me a Nice MSI monitor 70 or 80 bucks off retail because it was refurbished. So I thought why not. This however was through a third party seller. So maybe they don't refurbish properly I don't know. Maybe something happened in repair and wasn't replaced right. Whatever. I figure it's refurbished so it's no big deal. I take the monitor out of the box and it's super nice. I love it aesthetically. I begin assembly and notice there's no button in the buttonhole. I believe it's supposed to look like a little joystick in this model but it was gone completely and you could see that there was some Knicks and damage around it just cosmetic.

I thought this was just part of the whole refurbished deal. It turned on fine and let me connect my video card right so I wasn't worried it worked for me. 80 bucks off for a button? Who cares. Well I do now. Because whatever had to do with that button was more than just the plastic joystick. It seems that the button that the joystick would have touched which is mounted to the motherboard has a mind of its own. I did use a flashlight and found the button leads. I did not poke around in there at all out of fear of voiding any warranty and return options I might have but I will mention that indeed it did look like the button was worn.

Maybe the refurbish company couldn't replace it and forgot to put the joystick back in? I don't know. What I do know is that I am appalled it happened and they can call it professionally refurbished. It constantly flashes the OSD menu and moves around the options all on its own. I am afraid to touch it because I don't want to damage it. There is no sign of the directional button anywhere. So now I'm going to have to return this monitor which really sucks. I didn't have a problem with just a missing button. But I can't have that menu popping up constantly and interrupting my gaming or working.

Hi Justin,

I'm so sorry to hear that you had received a refurbished monitor when it should have been brand new. I do see on your account that we had already gone ahead and set up a return on your behalf. However, I do not see that we provided a return shipping label. I have sent you a return shipping label with no cost to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please send us a private message. Thank you.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I ordered a Samsung 65" Q9N tv from Newegg online Wednesday and it was about 400 less than the other deals and free shipping that was estimated about a weeks time. I thought, Oh wow, Great deal! They use AIT 3rd party shipping whose system began automatically calling me the following Monday of my order telling me to call to set up a delivery date. When I called I was first put on hold for 5 minutes then hung up on. Called back and they said they would call me back after inspecting the box for damage and getting it ready to ship. Never received a callback. Same automated call the next morning and I called and talked to a different person said she promised I would receive a call by the end of the day. Still no call. Reason being they said my contact info was bad. But how can their automated system call me and actual people not be able to?

So after giving mine and alternate numbers multiple times I also emailed Newegg and told them it was their responsibility at this point. Finally it said they received update contact info and I would be contacted within the next 1-2 business days. It was 2, sigh. This whole time I believe the tv only 50-60 miles away from me in the city. But with the call Thursday morning confirming delivery date and time for Friday 11 - 3 I finally started getting my hopes up. Truck arrives around 2:30 Friday and I come out to inspect my expensive purchase. Holes and dents in box. I can see plastic cracked through the hole in the box. Hopes shattered. What a waste of time and tie up of money. I would estimate a 15% chance of getting any large or heavy item in good condition ordered from Newegg. Those chances are not worth it, just don't do it. Learn from my pain and turmoil.

Hi Karl,

I am deeply saddened to hear how your TV had been damaged while during in transit with this shipping carrier. I do see on your account notes and James from customer service had already assisted you and filed a formal complaint request to this shipping carrier on how your package had been received. If you have any further questions or concerns, please send us a private message with your sales order number with a reference to this message. Thank you.

Original review: March 29, 2019

They sent me a bad PC motherboard. It will take them 3 about 3 weeks to issue an replacement (even though they have it in stock). It would have taken Amazon one or two days. They refuse to issue a refund and won't explain why.

Hi Erik,

I do apologize for the delayed response and I'm so sorry to hear about your recent shopping experience with us had been less than satisfactory. I'd would like to look further into this and double check your return time frame and to explore our options together. Can you please send us a Private Message with your sales order number with a reference to this message.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 27, 2019

We ordered a 6TB hard drive Fri, March 22nd. Newegg said it would ship Mon, Mar 25th and arrive by Fri Mar 29th. Newegg created the shipping label Mon, but FedEx did not receive the package until today, Wed, Mar 27th. And the delivery date is now Wed, Apr 3rd, a week away. If I had bought it from Amazon on Fri, it would have been here on Sun, two days. Twelve days to order from Indianapolis and ship to Nashville is totally unacceptable.

Hello Kent,

I do apologize for the trouble you had with your order and the shipping issues as well. I'd like to look further into this and to elaborate about your order. At your earliest convenience, please send us a private message.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 25, 2019

I purchased a Acer XZ271U bmijpphzx 27" monitor. I paid extra for the expedited shipping and handling. When it arrived on 3/12 it a different monitor entirely. When I looked it up, it was a 200.00 monitor not a 400.00 monitor. I did a chat with NewEgg. An hour and 20 minutes later I was still chatting and Divona could not seem to help. So I called. Jess was good, got me a label and RMA number. I didn't even open the box. Shipped it back exactly as received.

It is now two weeks later. I checked NewEgg. Return received 5 days ago. Then I saw where it said my money was refunded. So I checked my card and it was. I did not want my money back. I wanted my monitor. I have had no contact from the company at all that they were not sending the correct monitor as I specifically requested. Oh I got a, "Sorry you had a problem so here's a 20.00 gift card." Even then no one told me I was not getting my monitor. It is now the 25th of March. Worst service I have ever gotten in my life.

Hi Nila,

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent shopping experience with us had been less than excellent. I do apologize that you didn't receive the monitor that you had paid for originally and that we issued a refund instead of a replacement. I can look further into this, Can you please send us Private Message with your sales number and a reference to this message at your earliest convenience.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I've been waiting 8 weeks for Newegg to refund $88.99 on a purchase of a Logitech mouse that their "Marketplace" seller mistakingly shipped to a different address 2,000 miles away. The seller and Newegg agreed to refund my money, because they didn't have any more in stock. They then strung me along telling me multiple times you'll see the PayPal refund in 3-5 days, 7-10 days, etc. Five weeks later I opened a Paypal dispute, but I also contacted Newegg one last time asking about the status of my refund and this was their response:

Conny from Newegg Customer Service wrote: "Our accounting team said: Refund voided due to chargeback, please help ask customer close the case first. Could you please contact PayPal to close this case so then we can refund again?" Nope not gonna do that, which would leave me with no recourse to get my refund. You had 5 weeks to refund my money before I opened the dispute, so I REALLY don't trust you to send it after I close the dispute. If you want the dispute closed, send the refund. PayPal will close it instantly. I can't tell if Newegg customer service is incompetent or unethical, regardless they've lost me as a customer and I'm warning other people about them.

Hello Jeffrey,

I am so sorry to hear about the delay with your refund from a recent order with us. I'd like to look further into this and ask you please private message us so we can get this sorted out.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I have bought a Lenovo Y50/70 in December 2014. I used it for four years. When I first got it I was happy because all I wanted at the time was a laptop with a 960m - the best I could afford at the time. I used the laptop for 2 years until I had to get a disk format. After that the laptop GPU literally changed from 960m to 860m. I have contacted customer support only now because I couldn't find the actual ID and PW with which I had bought the item years ago. Apparently, I had bought the laptop through my father's account.

Anyways, the order history says that I bought a 860m, but I have lived with a 960m for two years? I updated the Nvidia card many times on my 960m so I am hundred percent sure of the fact that I wasn't mistaking a 860m for a 960m. The computer updated with a Nvidia auto GPU detector into a 960m driver??? Now that I have recovered my father's account, the order history even states that I did get a 860m - which does prove against me. But I cannot stress the fact that I had been using a 960m for TWO YEARS!

Hello Duhoon,

I am so sorry to hear about the trouble you had with your item. I would like to take a further look into this for you and ask you please private message us so we can explore your options.

Louis [Newegg Support]

Original review: March 22, 2019

I recently bought a third party iPhone 6s battery from Newegg.com. When I received it I tried to install it to only find out the snap connector on the flex cable is not built to specification and would not fit my iPhone. After contacting Newegg.com, they agreed to credit my card for the amount of the battery, but would not give me credit for the 4$ sticky tape that was wasted during the install attempt.

I asked for a reference number for the return, anything to prove the conversation took place. They said they do not give this out and for me to just contact them after 5 days if it doesn’t show up on my account. That was early in the day. I check my email several hours later and lo and behold, I have an email from Newegg.com telling me that my credit has been charged successfully and that they have shipped me a brand new iPhone 6 battery. That’s right, they sold me another battery, and the wrong one at that. Pleasant emotions soon followed.

Hello Glenn,

I am so sorry for any trouble you had with your recent purchase from us. I would like to see what exactly occurred with your order and ask you please private message us with your order details.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 20, 2019

I purchased a refurbished VIZIO soundbar S2920W-COB from Newegg. After using the soundbar for two months it quit working. I originally purchased the product outside of the 90-day return policy for refurbished products (purchased 4 months ago) as a gift, but the soundbar wasn't used until two months ago. I was told, "I see the item only came with a 90 days refurbisher warranty and it has expired. I am afraid there is not much we can do per this case. I would suggest you contact the manufacturer, Vizio to see if they can fix the item for you". I contacted VIZIO and they would not warranty or offered to fix the product. I'm surprised that Newegg would ship a product without thoroughly testing the unit before selling it on their website as "Refurbished". The customer service rep was not concerned with my issue and didn't try to resolve the issue whatsoever, not caring for the issue at hand. I would like to return the item.

Hello Gregory,

I am so sorry to hear that you did not receive the proper assistance from our customer service team. Please kindly send us a private message with your order information so that we can take a further look into this for you.

Resolution response: March 20, 2019

I was refunded the full price, customer service is great; they looked into the issue.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I ordered an iBUYPOWER Pc but returned it because it was no longer needed. As soon as it was delivered, I returned it to UPS and I had not opened the package. Newegg said they would give a full refund but when they tested the pc they said it ran into a problem. They then stated my return was opened and USED because of this. I now have to pay a 225$ restocking fee for a package I never opened or used. Complete B.S.

Hi Wilson,

I am so sorry to hear about the trouble you had with one of your recent returns from us. I'd like to look further into this for you and ask you please send us your order information so I can see what is going on with this particular RMA.

Louis [Newegg Support]

Original review: March 14, 2019

The item was listed 1 dozen balls 10.37. I ordered 2 dozen balls and received two balls!!! When I try to find the order it’s not the same dozen balls listing that I originally ordered. I called customer service and it’s the same. They can’t see anything but that ordered 2 quantities of baseballs and can’t help!!! What a total scam. Be careful. That was my first and last experience with Newegg.

Hello Cass,

I do want to apologize for the issue you had with receiving your order. Please private message us your order information so we can take a look into that for you.

Resolution response: April 10, 2019

After posting on this site I was contacted and given an refund. I would still use newegg but not the newegg marketplace.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Ordered 4 apple-type earbuds from a marketplace seller. Items took many weeks to arrive. At 4 weeks I asked for a refund from Newegg but they ignored me. At 5 weeks I got them but none worked. Again asked for a refund and was told I had to contact seller first and wait 2 days. Seller didn't reply and then I was able to file a claim. Claim was denied because it has to be filed 30 days after purchase which was before I received the items.

Hi David,

I am so sorry about the experience you had with one of our marketplace sellers. Please send us a private message with your order information so we can further look into this for you.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I ordered a hard drive and to avoid to outrageous shipping (around $ 28 for a $45 hard drive) signed up for ShopRunner. I had to use PayPal to pay and was never asked for my shipping address. So the drive is shipped by FedEx to my mailing address (the one on my PayPal account), which is different from my physical address. The package arrived in the FedEx hub in Puerto Rico and the status is now 'delivery exception' because they can't deliver to my mailing address. FedEx doesn't want to listen to a recipient to change the address so I contacted Newegg customer service. 'Cris' told me that there's nothing they can do, the package will be returned and I will get a refund. This is frustrating! They could contact FedEx and change the address, but "there's nothing we can do".

Hi Gerrit,

I am so sorry that you did not have a great experience with our customer service team and for the issue you ran into with your order. Please send us a private message so we can double check on this matter for you.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I placed an order with Newegg on 3/3, and noticed that Newegg hadn't even shipped it by 3/7 - so I contacted Newegg customer service to check on the status, as I really needed this part ASAP. I used the Newegg customer service chat option, and was put in touch with somebody named "Iverson" after a short wait. Iverson assured me that my item would ship soon, and that I would definitely have it before 3/13. That is still a very long time to wait compared to Amazon, but I didn't cancel the order because as long as I had the item by 3/15 I'd be ok.

I checked the shipping status this morning, and FedEx indicates that my item will arrive on 3/19. That is nearly ONE FULL WEEK after Newegg's customer service rep promised that I'd have the item by, and is well past the date that I actually need the item by. The Newegg CSR simply lied to me to prevent me canceling the order! I'll never deal with a company this dishonest again - the same item was a few dollars more on Amazon, and Amazon consistently gets items to me within 48 hours and has excellent customer service whenever I need it.

Hello Bill,

I do apologize for any shipping issues you may have had with your recent order from us. Please send us a private message with your order information so we can double check on that for you.

Original review: March 11, 2019

My son got a open box CyberPowerPC desktop from Newegg for Xmas 2018 for $779.00 (sale price $850.00). He didn't use it until February 2019. He only used it 3 times before the computer didn't turn on. It was "blue screen." My son was sad and disappointed that a company like this would sell a product that breaks less than 2 months (3 times of using it). I emailed their Newegg customer service team, and they said "it's past the 30 days. You'll have to contact the manufacturer." (It was a Xmas present...REALLY). I said "I don't understand how an "openbox" product can break only after using it for 3 times." I bought open box from Best Buy and Walmart and never had it break on me (after 5 years usage yes). Then I asked how many times has the product been return to them. They couldn't tell me. Then I asked what was the reasons for the return. They couldn't tell me.

Now, I know when they have a "30 days" policy. They good doesn't last past that time period. If I buy electronic from other companies like Best Buy, they would take the product back and have me pay a restocking fee or at least trade it in for a working one. Not have me call tech support. Be care of their return policy. Even if you return it within the 30 days, it's up to them to accept your return once you pay for your own shipping to ship it back to them. Don't forget...it's critical to keep their box too if you want anything compensation. If that's the kind of product and BS, you want to go thru then so be it. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND NEWEGG TO ANYONE. The open box vs the sale price is only about $70.00 difference. Newegg rather lose a customer by not standing by their product vs fixing the issue.

They are a computer company. That's what they do "fix and resale computers"...etc. I guess we got what we paid for...junk. I wonder what would happen if we bought it at the sale price and the same thing happens. Then we would be out of $850.00 instead of $779.00 and we would still have to go through the BS... "30 days policy." No wonder people shop at Amazon and other big companies because they know their customer satisfactions comes first. If NEWEGG is a mom and pop shop, well, they're giving them a bad name... DON'T SHOP AT NEWEGG UNLESS YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THEIR BS RETURN POLICY AND LOSE OUT ON YOUR HARD EARN MONEY. Pay it forward.

Hi Betty,

I am so sorry for any difficulties you have had with your order for your son. Please send us a private message with your order information so we can look into that for you.

Newegg.com Company Information