3.8/5 (741 ratings)

About Newegg.com

Newegg.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

The computer arrived, but it was missing the keyboard that was supposed to come with it. When I messaged support, they were incredibly unhelpful. They basically told me that they couldn't just send me the keyboard separately, and all they were willing to do was refund $30 off my total purchase price (which was over $2,000!) I'm sorry, but if it was THEIR screw-up not shipping me the correct parts, then they should be OBLIGATED to send me the missing items. I definitely will never shop here again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I just ordered a laptop from them and want to cancel the order before it ships. It has not shipped ant the site will not allow me to cancel. I was led to them by capital one while looking at a laptop on another website. Beware of Capital One diversions when shopping. Capital One is very misleading. I see that Newegg has a bad reputation and I am finding their customer service is horrible. I regret this experience so far and will avoid them in the future.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I bought a computer from this company. After opening it and setting up it up, it did not work. I called them to fix the issue and doing the troubleshooting with their support it was discovered the graphics card was not working. They gave me an option to request a refund or get a replacement. I tried getting the replacement but when that came, it was not only visible damaged but also had the same issue as the first product. I then requested a refund. They eventually refunded me the money but I recently discovered they charged my credit card without an explanation or permission and now I will be disputing this with my credit card company as well as reporting them for scamming people as I have seen other reviewers with the same issues.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

We ordered a gaming PC and once it was delivered and set up, we realized the graphics card was not working. We contacted Newegg and they gave us the information to send it back. After they received the product, they informed us the return box was damaged and they would not fix nor replace the gaming PC. I would value your time and find a more reputable company to order from in the future. If you have any questions or want to verify this review, please call me at ** (Casey). I am currently in the process of reporting this as fraud to USA.GOV, BBB of City of Industry and the chamber of commerce. I will also look into reporting this as fraud to my credit card and let their legal team handle it as well.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I bought two things over Christmas recently (2021), both of which had a substantial Rebate incentive. I've done rebates before with no trouble and followed the instructions to the letter, so I had nothing to worry about. I submitted the rebates separately, with all requires documentation by the deadline. After about a month or so I followed up and saw that my rebates had been processed and should receive the response by March 20, 2022. I waited and waited and finally forgot all about it until recently (June 2022). So I called their 800 number to inquire and they said they mailed a response claiming I hadn't submitted a receipt for my purchases, which I know I had because I had to buy new ink for my printer since I infrequently print anything anymore. They then said that because I waited so far outside of the response window that I was no longer eligible for the rebate and there was nothing they could do.

Also, I never received the letter they claim they sent. I check my mail everyday and I've lived in the same house for 15 years. So it would seem as thought not only did they mishandle the rebate documentation I sent and presumably lost some of that documentation, but they also claim to have sent a letter that I never received to acknowledge they lost some of the documentation I sent. I will never use Newegg again. I've had trouble with them several times and this was certainly the last straw.

Hey Stu,

We are so sorry to hear of the trouble you had with the redemption of your rebate through the manufacturer. Please feel free to send us a private message so we can have a closer look into this rebate for you.

Eva [Newegg Support]

Original review: May 26, 2022

I have been a loyal customer for 20 years, but I will never bother with Newegg again. I placed ONE order for about $5,000 dollars worth of computer parts. They broke that order down into an unknown number of suborders but they "can't tell you how many orders it will be until it ships" which is very confusing, particularly since everyone asks "what's your order number?" Order number? I have no idea how many orders they made. But that's not why I'll never shop there again.

They also place a demand that certain packages be signed for in person no exceptions whatsoever not even if you sign a slip and leave it on the door. Maybe this makes sense in a big city. But my closest neighbor is more than 1/2 mile away and we just don't have package theft in this region. After contacting UPS and pleading with them to find a way for me not to be present, I was told that this requirement is made by Newegg.com which makes sense because over the past decade I've received hundreds perhaps a couple thousand packages and not once have I needed to be present for the package to be delivered. I've received wine, ammo, tobacco---you name it, it's been left on my doorstep. But not Newegg.

So basically, if I want to receive the items I purchased, I must stay at home all day waiting for the UPS truck to come. Then I have to repeat that for at least a week since they broke my order into an unknown number of packages and each day more packages seem to be sent. I have no idea which ones need the signature, because no one can tell me how many orders have been made from my one order.

So, if you have more than a week to take off work to wait for a UPS truck, then perhaps Newegg is a good fit. But I need to work to earn the money it takes to purchase goods, therefore I cannot waste a week waiting for delivery.

Also: they made NO MENTION that such a stringent requirement would be placed on the package. When I call Newegg, they can't even tell me why the requirement is placed and how many packages the signature is required on (several boxes have been left, but others have not) nor can they tell me how many orders will be made. In the end, it's a complete mess and very confusing.

It seems that they've designed a system to maximize profit and minimize risk, which is what businesses do, but most businesses also consider whether or not their policies are wildly inconvenient to their customers. However, Newegg doesn't seem to care. UPS even called Newegg with me on the line to request they drop the signature requirement, but they refused. I told them I'd take liability for anything missing, and they still refused. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS unless you think it's fun to play these kinds of games.

Hi there,

We are truly sorry to hear of the frustrations you have experienced with Newegg and your recent order. We'd be happy to further assist you with any issue you may still be experiencing. Please just email us at community@newegg.com.

Renee [Newegg Support}

Original review: May 14, 2022

Waited 2 weeks for item to arrive from Hong Kong. Received a cheap counterfeit in a ziplock baggie. Called customer service. Lady was nice enough. Though I received in mailbox I am now supposed to print a label and drive this $20 knockoff to an UPS store. Way more trouble than it's worth.

Hello Winster!

Can you please send us a private message with your order details so I can take a look into this issue for you?

Frank[Newegg support]

Original review: May 10, 2022

I ordered a hard disk. The tracking showed delivered. I was home all day. I opened the door, there is no package at the door and carrier claims they just set it down at the door and walked away. They did not ring the doorbell or even attempt to hand it to me. Either they delivered to the wrong door or the shipping driver stole the item. I contacted Newegg. They strung me along 10 full business days and then claims after a thourough investigation the carrier determined they left it sitting at the apartment door and walked away. Had they of simply knocked I would have answered and accepted the package. They now refuse to replace the item or give a refund. This was an almost $400 hard drive. They say they are not responsible with what the carrier does with the package and denied my claim. RIPOFF ALERT. FRAUD. AVOID NEWEGG.

Hi Chase,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience. We would definitely like to check into this further for you. Please send us a private message with your order number so we can review this order.

Natalie [Newegg Support]

Original review: May 3, 2022

I ordered 3K worth of hardware. Video card did not work. It takes 10 days to deliver because Newegg uses UPS ground and another two weeks to process according to support? Newegg does not refund or return your money. Exchange within 30 days. While I am waiting, all of my other parts are past 30 day window. The cherry on top is that video card dropped in price but I can't get my money back. Will never buy from Newegg again. No respect for client.

Hello Eugene!

I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time with your RMA timeframe and policy. Can you please send us a private message with your order details so I can see what's going on?

Frank[Newegg support]

Original review: May 2, 2022

I ordered a $700 graphics card in Friday, specifically paid for Express Shipping so my product would arrive Monday. Today is Monday and the item is still sitting in Newegg's warehouse. I'm not sure where they got their wires mixed up but when someone pays for next business day shipping that's what's supposed to be carried out. Customer support was ignorant and said it takes 2-3 days to process payments...if that's true then get rid of next day shipping. Obviously your company can't fulfill that promise so don't offer it. Last time I'll use them. Amazon can do same day for free and Newegg can't even do 4 days later for $20 extra. Pathetic.

Hey there!

Can you please send us a message privately so we can discuss the order processing feedback you left?

Frank [Newegg support]