Newegg.com

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Arrived 5 days later as opposed to 2. Still frustrating.

H. of Phoenix, AZ on

Original Review

Ordered a Smartphone off NewEgg that I needed for the weekend out of town (especially because with the new phone I needed to go through and change my carrier). As such, I ordered it on Tuesday with 2 days shipping. I ordered around mid-day Tuesday, with the website telling me with my ShopRunner membership that I would get it on Friday. Instead it was sent on Thursday and now will be arriving Monday, literally a WEEK after I ordered it. So now I'm out of town without the extra device I needed.:) Note, the exact same thing happened last time when I ordered a set of computer parts to build over the weekend for a LAN the following weekend. Didn't arrive on time and spent a lot of my week building and testing out the computer.

While prices are decent... they aren't the lowest. Support is good, but they don't want to intervene when a customer has a bad experience with a seller. The selection of parts is very good. Now for the worst of the bad: I need another monitor. The first monitor I tried to order went out of stock on the same day I ordered it. I have no time to wait for a new supply, so I canceled the order. Monitor # 2: In stock, but the seller (US Micro) shipped a different, lower quality monitor; and, it's cheaper on Newegg's site. US Micro has a telephone # that is useless, all of my many call did not go through from where I live. Consumer reports gave Newegg a good review, but I have written a lot of Customer Service training material, Newegg offers no support to customers with seller issues, they stay out. My dispute is 70% sellers, 30% Newegg. I have a complaint against US Micro filed with the BBB. I'll just have to get the monitor off Amazon.com.

I have to recommend against using Newegg.com. I have had nothing but a bad experience with their entire process, from paying, to shipping (or lack thereof). This review does not reflect on the individuals I spoke with, as they were kind and tried to help. I ordered some computer components on the morning of TUESDAY November 29th after signing up for their premier membership. I chose RUSH processing and OVERNIGHT shipping. I needed this order by THURSDAY, DEC 1. My first issue was when trying to pay. They, for some unknown reason, use a separate website for verification of credit card payments. This started as an oddity, and quickly became an issue as my payment was declined by my bank for suspicious activity. I had to call into customer service to have them resubmit after spending much time in figuring out what exactly I had to do.

After that got resolved, I waited a day before checking my account to see the status of the shipment. To my dismay, it still said "Packaging". I called customer service again to find out why it hadn't been sent, and they simply told me that they cannot call the shipping team only email. She emailed them and told me I would hear back in 2 days at the latest. I never heard back. Today (12/2) I called as my order still said packaging. I asked them to find my order, and cancel it if they are unable to give me a proper shipping date/time. I was placed on a hold for a few minutes before the agent came back to simply inform me the order was cancelled. I clarified with him that I wanted a status update first. He apologized and proceeded to talk to a manager. Minutes later, I got an email stating that the FREE DIGITAL GAME that came with one of my components was out of stock, so it cause them to cancel my order.

When the agent came back on he informed me that an order has to go out altogether. Otherwise they will cancel the order if any one thing was out of stock. I found it interesting that the shipping team could so quickly email me now, 4 days later instead of informing me from the get go, or during the multiple times I called looking for an update. They have some SEVERE deficiencies in the process, and it needs to be resolved. I will no longer shop with Newegg.com.

I am new on this website. I did order $180 after 9 days - still seller didn't send me my order. I did cancel - till now waiting almost 32 for refund nothing. Till now I contact paypal. They advice me do not deal with them again. Paypal has 360 issues with Newegg in one month.

Ordered 2 refurbished Canon printers (Christmas presents) from Newegg on November 11, 2016 at 8:31 PM (eBay) description said "working condition". On checkout from eBay to PayPal, did not see obscure "w/o cartridge" and checked out. Then noticed upon order that stated (NO CARTRIDGES - PLURAL). I cancelled the order immediately at 8:48 PM after which Newegg stated, "out of stock". Enclosed is my correspondence on this matter. A) originally did not state cartridges missing; B) stated later that cartridge missing (which cartridge? They are supplied with 2); C) received e-mail which stated no cartridges; D) canceled immediately after checkout with eBay. Canceled this order minutes after noticing that the checkout (end).

Recent bank statement had a curious debit of $9.95 (traced to Newegg). Despite calls to eBay and PayPal about a $9.95 taxed on "SERVICE CHARGE", neither eBay nor PayPal stated that there is NO RECORD of this charge, and that Newegg summarily took my information and debited my account. I was warned about Newegg's 1 star rating (emphasis supplied). I have notified both eBay and PayPal about Newegg's violation of their policies. Caveat emptor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

First time ordering with Newegg and I'd thought I'd take advantage of their Black Friday sales. Everything was fine, until I suddenly received an email saying 2 of my 3 orders were suddenly voided due to a verification issue. What?? Then why did one of my orders, with the exact same information get processed with no issue? I called them immediately and the lady on the phone was able to help me right away. A few hours later, I received an email saying they had cleared up the issue on their end, but I could now reorder everything. Except half the items were either no longer on sale or in stock.

Their phones were no longer running that day, so I waited an hour and a half just to chat with a lady who kept saying there was nothing she could do for me, not even make sure my future orders weren't cancelled without warning. On top of that, she even dared to imply I was at fault for not checking my order status every second to catch the moment it was voided. I will call again tomorrow and hopefully speak to someone more competent.

I have been shopping at NewEgg for many years (at least 15). I buy the vast majority of my computer components from them, and I have built several systems over the years. I would say my success rate with functioning components is at least 98 percent. My purchases have always been shipped and received promptly. When I have contacted reps at the company, I have always received an answer. I've had to return a few things and I got my money back without any problems.

With that said, I just can't understand how so many people could give such negative reviews on this company. Do you really expect perfection? Hey, they're a huge organization. Not everything will go smoothly. Well, believe what you want. The best review to read is from someone like me who has spent as much money as I have, and over so many years. You can get a better idea of the quality of a company that way over someone who has made only one or two purchases. I highly recommend this company. I still price shop on their competitors' websites, but most of the time, if it's computer related. NewEgg ultimately gets my business.

I have just gone through a week and 15 or more attempts to order computer parts from Newegg and was constantly refused because the default billing address was not the same as the one on my credit card even though I kept changing the default address to the right one over and over. It seems that when you select a different mailing address from the billing address the system changes the billing address to the mailing address and the credit card is rejected because of this. Mind you that I had made numerous purchases to the account at Newegg with the billing address not being changed by the mailing address.

Finally, I talked to Matt in customer and he was awesome in his patience and professionalism. Also he was very knowledgeable, telling me about a little tick box at the bottom of the billing page that notifies the system at Newegg that the billing address and mailing address are different. Where is the tick box? After the credit card info box just below the screen after the proceed to checkout box. Who would look there? After all that tick box should be located on the previous page where you select the shipping address. Imagine that.

I spent an entire week calling and attempting everything in the book to resolve this problem of the billing address changing to the mailing address and nearly pulled my hair out in so doing. Why would you ever change the billing address that is linked to your credit card and bank you use to purchase things since you can't order anything if that is changed. I do not feel stupid because I could not figure this out for a week. After all you can't find the phone number to talk to a human at Newegg. Ssssssh, it's a secret you know. For all the hype about their great service, they sure don't provide it, that is until you turn blue first. Thank you Matt for your patience and knowledge. You are a true asset for Newegg. Truly a one out of a thousand. They don't pay you enough. Thanks.

I tried to build a computer with parts I bought exclusively from Newegg.com. I was extremely dissatisfied with the level of service I received. I tried to be organized and obtain my shipment as one package to save them and myself time and money, but I noticed that several of my parts came in dead on arrival (DOA). That's fine, so I submitted an RMA claim, got some packages to ship them back in, and did so using their prepaid shipping label. That worked out alright, the day after I shipped my RMA parts back they received it the day after - BUT, it took until another week to ship me back my replacement parts since they had to put it in its exact place in their warehouse. So, I'd get a text from my shipping company, stating that they received the package, but then I'd have to wait an extra week to get my RMA replacement product. Very poor customer service.

After getting my replacement products, I just kept getting DOA parts again. I understand that this is not within Newegg's control, but with respect with what they do control, namely how long and arduous the RMA process is, it can be really frustrating if you want to get your computer build going. If you keep getting DOA products through bad luck, you have to deal with Newegg's poor customer service. You have to wait an especially long time to get the products. I could understand if you spent $10 and had a difficult time because that's such a small amount of money, but it really sucks when you spend thousands of dollars on parts for a new build, only to be treated very poorly. There should be better incentives for those who get bundled products from Newegg.

The worst part is that if you just have one part that keeps coming in as DOA, you have to send in the whole shipment/bundle to get a refund, or you can only get that one part replaced. This isn't just for "combo" deals, if you choose to just get a bunch of products shipped into one order, you can't just refund one of the products in that list. If you keep getting DOA products, there isn't any kind of "no lemon guarantee", you just have to keep rolling your dice and hoping you eventually get a functional product, which is an extremely unhealthy approach that the customer needs to take.

I know that it's the product manufacturer's fault that the products are DOA, but, I still place blame on Newegg because they don't give incentives like coupons or discounts if you have to wait lengthy periods for your order or keep getting DOA products. It's unacceptable in today's world. My online business, which relies on me using a working computer, has been set back significantly due to the sheer number of poor products I've been receiving from Newegg and I'm quite happy to say that I'll be choosing another retailer to obtain my computer parts in the future.

I am a legal visitor in Florida, with a local address and an AMEX card registered at that address. However because I do not work in the US I do not have a social security number so I cannot open a local bank account. Never a problem with my credit card though except with Newegg. I ordered a computer from them for my Florida home, but they refuse to sell. Phone and chat contact did not help to resolve the issue. I am treated as an alien, so I am upset. I will suggest the EU to give the same treatment to US citizens when they live in Europe for some time.

So I got a printer from Newegg. A few days later found it on Amazon for 120 less. They say they don't always honor price match for all items but for 1 time exception would give me 1/2 the difference back as a credit! Now I have to lug a 40+ found printer back down my 3 story walk up and bring it to UPS, return it, and buy another one from Amazon. It's a huge hassle. I will not be ordering from Newegg again and stick to tried and true Amazon.

I ordered an UPS battery backup from Newegg. The box was delivered to me from FedEx. The package was clearly taped up like it was a used product. The box was also damaged. When I opened the package, the product was not even packaged like a new product. There was no plastic around the product, the power cord was not tied and the AC wall adapter was badly damaged. This product was heavy and should have been double boxed. I contacted Newegg through a text chat. I spent close to two hours trying to get this resolved. Newegg told me they would have to file a claim with the shipper even though they sent me a used product. They told me it would take several days to a month to reach the shipper. All this time, I have to pay for a used, damaged and defective product that does not work.

I ended up having to file a dispute with my Credit Card Company as they gave me no choice. This is really bad business holding a customer hostage while they file a claim with their shipper. The product was not in new condition and was improperly packaged for such a heavy item. In my opinion, Newegg was entirely at fault. Right now, I don't know how this will get resolved or how long it will take. I have done a lot of business with them in the past, but will never do business with them again.

Hi guys, I live in NYC and I've ordered a monitor at 2:30 am. and I've got that monitor the very same day around 4 pm; the delivery was nice a fast (it was 25$-worth same day + 3$ rushed order; I've applied 30$ coupon from their web page, so it essentially covered the delivery). Really what I wanted — BenQ GW2765. A new box, all cables are in (even a VGA and DP cables). No problems at all. I felt need to write this review because this web page is full of bad reviews and I thought it would worth mention that sometimes they do their job in a great way.

I spend about $60,000 a year for my business on electronics, most of which used to be spent at Newegg.com and Newegg Business. I have requested Net terms with Newegg on multiple occasions and have received denial after denial. I have heard excuse after excuse, "You haven't been in business for over 5 years." (Yes I have). "You don't have enough credit or references." (I have many references multiple Net term accounts.) "We don't do the approval, a 3rd party does it for us". My personal favorite: "You need to create a new account, we can't add a Net terms to your existing email address", comically I did create a new account and still got denied. They refuse to respond to my emails requesting status on the Net account, no call backs, no replies. I'm done with Newegg. Amazon seems happy to take my business and they appreciate me as a customer no matter if they are "Too big to fail" or not.

We purchased an Astro A40 headset from their website, for over $150. When it arrived, it did not work properly. Our attempt to return the item has resulted in a 3 week battle over sending it back to the manufacturer for "repairs". As a new item, we should be able to return for at least a store credit. Our email chain continues and there is no resolution as of yet. Be warned if you have a problem. They will email you at midnight US time and you will respond during the day and you won't hear from them again until midnight the following day at the earliest! Communications take forever!

I ordered a 9SIV01U4XC8391 CyberPowerPC Gamer Supreme Liquid Cool SLC8320AD Desktop Computer, Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 8GB, 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD, Windows 10 Home. They sent me a cheaper model a CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Supreme Liquid cool model CPW-SLC9600. Totally different Computer. Now they say they are out of the model I ordered. Said they would look into it to see if they can find my original item I ordered. Said it would take 2 days. Never ordered from Newegg and unless they clear this up to my satisfaction, will never order from them again. Not like Amazon's customer service.

Don't deserve any stars!!! They have brought GREAT mental anguish to my family! I sent them a motherboard and CPU for store credit. They claim they didn't get it, and to file a claim against the USPS which I can't because they say it was delivered perfectly fine. Newegg STEALS parts and then makes customers get their money back by having them file claims against the USPS. MY post office is not allowing this to happen anymore. I have filed a BBB report against Newegg for full credit vs. store credit. I NO longer trust Newegg they are THIEVES!!! I want them reported to local police and I will keep on reporting them to my local news stations in Chicago who do special reports on FRAUD!!!

My experience with Newegg does not even deserve 1 star. If the product you received was not fully functional and needed to be replaced or returned, prepare yourself for a horrible return process and it might or might not resolve your problem. It will take multiple phone calls with multiple customer representatives, and multiple explanations for no immediate solution to the problem. The first call will ask you to call back within a few days, and then another few days, and next thing you know, you don't know when you will get the replacement or refund. This is the first time I buy anything from Newegg and it will be the last time. To everyone who is reading this review, if possible, take your money and spend it somewhere else that actually care about you as a customer.

Loved the first laptop! It was everything I had hoped for, then the blue screen of death. They had sent it refurbished with virus included, so Newegg said they'd replace it and they did. With a computer that had a shot battery, internal screen burn, pictures were blurry and faded and it was a smaller screen that what I had that they were replacing for the same amount. Now they don't want to reimburse me and take this one back. Even if this SECOND laptop had worked fine and battery was fine, it was a smaller screen, no camera and lesser quality than the one they were claiming they'd replace. Replace means [same as] NOT better than nothing for the same price.

Let's keep this short and simple. 15 years ago growing up in school, Newegg was all that and then some. This is where you go to get your pc parts. No questions asked. 15 years later, now... I recommend never buying a single thing from them. There's just no point. They do everything wrong. The customer service is the worst I've ever seen. Their prices are the same as everyone else's. The return system is slowing and more frustrating than anyone else's. Their website servers are just bad compared to other websites and their servers are just slow. Their processing speeds are the worst in the whole planet along with their actual shipping speed. Takes me weeks to get something 1 state away, where even any other website would get it to me in 1-2 days like actually how it takes. I've never had one on time shipment. Price changes everyday. I see something I want, bookmark it, 2 hours later it another 10 more dollars.

This happens all the time. Overall Newegg is poorly ran, couldn't be ran any more poor. There isn't any strong points about this company anymore. It's crumbling into dust, and it's up to you and me to not shop here and watch it as it does such. Your money is so much safer and better spent elsewhere 100% of the time. Even if you don't totally agree with my experiences, just think, is Newegg.com something you brag about? Or talk about being awesome? Very most likely not ever. Years ago, it was something. It was cool and talked about, recommended to others etc. I don't hear a soul mention Newegg 2016 because it's just like any other big corporation in 2016. Just total garbage. Everything's about making more pennies and dollars, and that only equals out to us getting the worst possible service imaginable. That's just how it works.

Placed an order almost $15k for work and many items were not available in their inventory after the $15k was cashed. It has been 3 months and they have not issued a credit and there has been ZERO communication from Newegg.

I went online about a month ago to purchase 2 generators totaling in over $2400.00. There were difficulties from the beginning. When I finally completed my purchase and ordered two day shipping, the purchases never came. Neither did the refund. After logging many hours on the phone, I still only have half a refund, no generator, and no explanation of why any of this happened. Worst company ever.

About four weeks ago I ordered a AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core Processor. I received it, opened it, examined it, and put it in my PC. It started overheating very badly. It wouldn't go over a certain temp though so I monitored it closely. Eventually the temps started to rise higher and higher until it got to dangerously high temp of 83C and my PC shut off to prevent damage to it. I had had my Motherboard for a while and wasn't sure if that any anything to do with it so I went a bought a much nicer one. Then second I hooked that processor up to the new MB it started overheating.

I won't lie... I thought their thermal paste was crap so I did VERY careful remove it with a thermal paste remover and applied my own that of Arctic Silver 5. That still didn't solve the issue. I have many friends that build, work in IT, and do specialized Computer work. I asked 4 of them and after looking at the issue they all said the same exact thing... The processor is FAULTY. I posted on a PC hardware site about the issue and they said the same thing. Look... This processor was overheating to 83-85C in less than 5 minutes. That is the most dangerous processor I've ever seen and I am lucky my PC components didn't suffer any damage.

I called Newegg and spoke to a guy name Angel. I told Angel that I had tested it out on two different motherboards and explained the rest about it overheating. (Newegg has a "NO REFUND" on processors only a replacement) He offered to send me a new one and I told him no. I told him I didn't want the same processor and even if I couldn't get a refund I did NOT want it back and asked what he could do for me. He walked away for a few seconds came back and told me that they could give me store credit for the item and all I had to do was ship it back and would get the credit once it was received and all the parts were in there.

So that's what I did. I shipped the item back, got the e-mail that they got it and it was being sent to inspection. Couple days later I get an e-mail telling me they are sending the processor back and I don't qualify for store credit for the following reasons: Item had been installed into a PC, Item had thermal paste on it, Item had bent pins.

Let me explain. There is NO way possible to know if a PC part is faulty or not until you hook it up. It's impossible. NOT to mention I had told Angel on the phone that I had installed it into not one, but TWO motherboards. Now, for the thermal paste... Yes I do admit I did replace their thermal paste thinking it was bad but I had still tried it out first. All they said was "It had thermal paste on it" First off ALL processors come with thermal paste. Of course there is thermal paste on it! You can't use a processor without it! Third, the bent pins. I am by no means stupid and have done work with computers a few times now. I checked for bent pins when I hooked it up, I checked for bent pins when I took it out. I checked for bent pins BEFORE I shipped it back to them. I used a magnifying glass and found 0 bent pins! So unless it got crazy while shipping there is no reason for it to have had bent pins.

I am extremely unhappy about this whole situation. Not to mention I told this Angel guy what was up on the phone before I shipped it because I didn't want all of this to even happen. I have told several others my story and a great deal of them said "It's messed up" and some said they will back me up by not shopping there either.

I purchased 2 iPhones for my children from Newegg.com. I ordered 2 16mb phones and got 1 that was 8 mb. No refund for the difference. Next my son's phone reset and can't be activated again. iTunes and Verizon both said it's something broken with the phone. Emailed Newegg and was told there's only a 30-day guarantee. We only had the phone for 70 days/2 months. I would not buy another thing from this company. There is no support or pride in their electronics /after 30 days. Anything can happen. Don't buy from Newegg!

Received my Trinity opened and broken and was not the model advertised. They were advertising the Trinity Pro which is a totally different model than what I got. Tried returning it. Thought the seller was providing a paid tracking only to find out that I had to pay for my own tracking number. After 4 days called Newegg and the rep stated that they (Overstock deals) Received my return and to expect a return on Friday. 2 hours later Received a email that the vendor voided my return. Reason "Never Received". This is so fraudulent I can't even handle it. Numerous calls to customer service and all that they can repeat over and over that this is not their problem. HOW CAN A COMPANY SAY THAT THEY VOIDED IT WITHIN 4 DAYS NOT RECEIVED!!!??? They obviously got it, saw there was no tracking and lied about getting my return. I will never do business with this company again! I want my money back!

When I placed an order through eBay, The merchandise Newegg.com sent me an email to void my order because my credit card information does not match. I used PayPal to pay and I confirmed with PayPal that the money has been reached to newegg.com Besides, Newegg.com would never able to get my credit card info because PayPal would not give my credit card info to Newegg.com (That's the only good thing about using PayPal). The worst part is that I had a U.S. 10 coupon from eBay to use it the same day to make a purchase. They asked me to re-order again but my U.S. 10 coupon is gone. I asked them to give me an exclusive link to make the purchase to offset the U.S. 10 dollars. Newegg declined. What??? Newegg.com would give me a 10 dollar credit to make the purchase next time.

I really don't want to have anything to do with Newegg.com anymore. A lot of sellers in eBay. I have never experienced my order is being cancel even if my money goes through. Newegg.com doesn't write me an email for discussion and just cancel my order. Declined giving me an exclusive link to make the purchase. Their computer system just does not work. Newegg.com had really bad customer service. If nothing goes wrong, all good. If something goes wrong, this is the customer's problem. I am going to put this experience in my Facebook, LinkedIn and social media. Let the whole world knows what Newegg is doing.

I ordered a graphics card from Newegg as their website claims "Trusted and Certified" along with "Low Prices on Quality Products". Well that might be true. Just not quite how you'd think. I'm certain they're trusted and certified. Trusted by the owners to make them money, and certified to be a pain in the ass when you need something fixed. Live chat is a joke, as it's quite clearly a chatbot that is responsive based on your choices leading up to the chat opening. Things that a human would easily understand are misunderstood due to the identification of keywords that are programmed into an algorithm that seeks keywords and generates generic responses that are slightly tailored to the current user.

I happen to get very sarcastic when using these services but that's actually okay, since bots don't actually have feelings to hurt. Ever wonder how on earth they have a 24/7 Chat Service? There you have it. Bots. They don't have to sleep, and Newegg doesn't have to waste their shiftily made profits on wages for representatives with both good personalities AND decent computer skills. That's the wrong kind of efficiency.

Now for the calling service. What fun! After about thirty minutes of having my call lost, I managed to get through the menu. Yes, it took me 30 minutes to get through the menu. Then came the hold time! I stopped keeping track after 45 minutes when I launched Skyrim and left the phone on speaker. An entire questline later, the representative picked up. I took the phone off speaker, and began explaining my situation. The rep never gave their name, by the way, good job on that. I can't call you out now.

In Customer Service, attitude is everything, and the customer is not always right, but attitude is everything. Apparently this representative was the embodiment of that. Not the whole principle mind, just the attitude. The sass, disinterest, and utter disregard for what was going on quite frankly pissed me off. I've been in Customer Service, and I have never talked to a Customer as rudely as this person, whoever they are, did to me. No matter how bad my day was. I've never encountered anyone so disgustingly rude to a Customer in my life.

I know working with people who are angry and potentially rude is stressful, but this level of unpleasantness is never okay. Most memorable of quotes is: "Do you have a higher up I could speak to, please. And what's your name?" "My name is Felecia, cuz byeeee!" They hung up. They hung up on a customer. I honestly could do nothing but just sit with the phone in my hand and just listen to the dial tone. I was just stunned. There is no other word for it. I was dumbfounded. Complete loss for words.

I'm no longer at a loss for words, because I'm writing this, but I cannot believe they have someone like that as a representative. It's appalling. If they end up not giving the refund, fine, but they had damn well better send that graphics card back, and I'm NOT paying for shipping. All I had wanted to do was link the package to my RMA, and I got this. I will never shop from Newegg again. I don't even care if not all representatives are like that. I'm just sickened by this whole thing. This was the first thing I ever bought from Newegg. I guarantee it will be the last, too.

Said they would ship in 1-3 days and after 5 days did not hear anything. Called Newegg and they said it was a 3rd party and they would contact them about my request to cancel the order.

On 8/22/16 I placed an order for two items: a CPU @ $319.99 and a CPU Cooler @ $39.99. The order totaled $359.98, and I paid the total amount with PayPal. Almost immediately I received what I've come to know as standard emails from Newegg and from Paypal - Newegg confirming receipt of my order and PayPal confirming that I had placed an order with Newegg in the amount of $359.98 and advising me that the money would not leave my account until Newegg processed my order.

The Newegg 'order confirmation' email revealed that Newegg had broken my order down under two, separate order numbers; #** for the CPU and #** for the CPU Cooler. Shortly after placing the order, I received another email from Newegg advising me that payment for order #** had been charged and so order verification was complete, but still another email from Newegg said that authorization for the charges for order #** had failed. That didn't make sense because the total amount for the order ($359.98) was authorized for payment by PayPal when I placed the order.

I contacted Newegg via their website Chat feature. The lady nicely told me "they didn't know why PayPal didn't authorize the full payment". That statement, of course, is preposterous because PayPal in fact DID authorize payment of the full amount (and told me the money would not leave my account until Newegg processed the order). So it is very obvious that Newegg did not process the order properly. Nevertheless, the Chat Rep took no action (that I know of) to determine what went wrong and rectify the situation - she just gave me the option to pay for the item by credit card or cancel and reorder. I had no desire to change the payment method I had already chosen and executed, and I had no desire to reorder something Newegg had messed up. But I also had no use for a new, expensive CPU without a suitable cooler to go with it. So I asked the Chat Rep to cancel the entire order, which she did.

Today I received an email from PayPal stating that I had received a $319.99 refund from Newegg. Interestingly, and confirming what I have said, it shows that the purchase amount was $359.98 and that $319.99 was refunded. There still is no explanation as to why Newegg refused or failed to process the $39.99 portion of my order.

This unprofessional service incident follows an earlier incident of a few months ago wherein I ordered Tubular, LED, Fluorescent Replacement Light Bulbs that were advertised on sale on the Newegg website. My order was accepted by Newegg but then the third party vendor cancelled the order without explanation and failed to reply when I inquired about the cancellation. I contacted Newegg Customer Service because, after all, Newegg is who I ordered from and who took my payment and accepted my order, but Customer Service didn't seem to care that a long-time customer had been sluffed-off. They (Customer Service) said it was a pricing issue, but I never bought that because the light bulbs were advertised in different varieties at sale prices with a 'braggart clause' claiming that buyers were saving ** amount of money.

I never knew why my order was cancelled, and I see no justification for it. In fact, it would be illegal in a brick and mortar store in my state to do such a thing without full disclosure of any limitations to the advertised sale price. Customer Service insulted me with a $10 discount on a future order and considered the matter closed. Because of that incident, I refrained from ordering from Newegg for some time but eventually went back because of the convenience of using PayPal. But that convenience is now being offset by poor service. I've been a Newegg customer for a long time. I 'cut-my-computer-teeth' with gear bought from Newegg and, back then, their service was great. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for them now.

I ordered a TV streaming device - suggested by my husband's coworker. So I ordered it. IT must have come from China, because it took almost a month to get. I decided to return it after having it about 2 weeks - and the site says I cannot return it - IT'S been too long... REALLY WTH?? It took over a month to get, so I ordered something on Amazon instead, and now it's too long to return it. I Will NEVER order from them again. I never even opened the box.

Newegg.com Company Profile