1.20/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

905 Newegg.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I ordered a graphics card when it was on sale last Thursday and cleared the transaction with my bank to make sure everything would go through. The next day I got an email saying my order was canceled. Very upset, it's as if they don't want my business.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Very upset I bought the Vizio refurb tv and when I opened the box the tv was broken! I was asked did I want a refund the answer was no, send me another tv. A claim was issued for a replacement and now 4 days later they are out of stock. This was very inconvenient. They should have just sent me a tv for equal value. Now I have to start the process all over!!! Pissed off!!!

Hello Jah,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience regarding the claims process. Please send us a private message with your sales order information and we will look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rudy[Newegg Support]

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Gave Newegg a one-star rating as we could not give Newegg a zero star rating. WORST ONLINE BUYING EXPERIENCE EVER!!! Ordered XMAS presents on December 3, 2018 which were guaranteed by XMAS -- Finally received in January, 2019 (too late for XMAS) -- Tried to return to Newegg and the return was denied. DO NOT ORDER FROM NEWEGG -- IF YOU DO, YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY WITH THE POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Hello Jacob.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with the shipping and returning of your order. Please send us a private message with your sales order information and we will look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I purchased two products with same day shipping. One arrives and the other doesn't. I contacted support and they tell me it never got shipped and that they "guess" it's going to show up on Monday, 5 days after I placed the order. No apologies, no alternatives or solutions. If I knew that it was going to take that long, I wouldn't have paid for shipping. Their best solution was to wait for me to get the product on Monday and then ship it back to them so I can get a refund. By far, a terrible experience. If I'm spending almost $700 on parts and pay extra to have them here at a certain time, I would expect Newegg to hold their end of the deal. Your chat agents are just awful too. The one woman I had, Betty, was just the worst. I'm not going to be buying from Newegg again. As soon as I receive my late product, I'm returning it and not spending a dime here again.

Hello Andrew.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with the shipping of your order. Please send us a private message with a little more information regarding your situation and we will look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I ordered a Dyson vacuum cleaner from Newegg.com that was on sale. When I didn't get a shipment notification, I contacted the customer service department. They told me that there was an issue at the back end and the distributor did not get the order from Newegg. They also said that the order did not process properly despite the charges being applied. They told me if I need to make the purchase, I should make alternate purchase!!! Why??? The item is not on sale anymore. Why should I purchase the item that is listed twice the amount that I purchased originally.

I cannot believe these guys are not willing to work with their customers to get this resolved. I understand system glitches happen but instead of venting it out on the customers, good businesses work with their the customers to sort things out. Apparently, customer service is not NewEgg's priority. I am sure they will find out soon when customers won't make them their priority when looking to buy things from the web. I would give negative stars to this seller if I could! They wasted my time and treated me unfairly.

Hello Haseeb,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message with your sales order information and we will look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rudy [Newegg Support]

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I purchased a Windows 10 digital product key from Newegg.com 1 day ago. I checked the description of the product and confirmed the requirements on the description were compatible with my computer. Well as it turns out it is not compatible because my graphics card is not compatible with OS 10. Now I’m out a computer as the old OS was wiped clean to install OS10 and $139.58. Newegg will not refund me and told me to contact Microsoft for a refund. I did contact Microsoft. Microsoft would have refunded me if I bought the product key directly from them- exact words from Microsoft support. Choosing who you do business with can make a big different in the outcome. Newegg.com can keep my $139.58 for the cooperate monster that they are but they lost all my future business and I will speak poorly of them to friends, family, and the public. Poor customer service.

Hello Robert.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message with more details about your situation and we will look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Bought an Avera TV from them 6 months ago - as did my sister-in-law - due to an advertised rebate. We have never received the rebate. Every time that I contact them, they simply state that it's not their fault - it's Avera's fault. Only one response from Avera - 4 months ago - they need time due to bookkeeping! Complete fraud - don't purchase anything from Newegg.

Hello Thomas,

I do apologize for you not ever receiving your rebate from Avera. Would you please send me a private message so we can further look into resolving this matter for you?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Ordered a PCI eSata card. Newegg rapidly took my money and created a shipping label. The item never shipped. It has been 2 months now. Newegg customer service does not respond to text, email, online forms, or phone calls. Every attempt to reach Newegg is met with barriers indicating that ‘service’ is not available. They are simply crooks hiding behind technology.

Hi Fred,

I am saddened to hear that you didn't receive your item and for the issues you ran into while attempting to reach out to us to get a resolution for your problem. Please send me a private message at your earliest convenience so we can further look into this matter for you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I attempted to purchase from Newegg Australia store, they said my product was shipped and tracking said it was "en route" for 22 days. After 22 days they gave me a refund with no reason or contact. I contacted them to find out why and after a long wait they said they could not find my address to print for the label. How it takes 22 days to raise a refund when you cannot print a label is beyond me, but worst than this is the fact I was not even contacted. When you contacted them they just fob you off. I believe the practices of Newegg are very shady and suggest having nothing to do with a company like this.

Greetings Will,

I want to apologize for any shipping issues you had with your order and I am saddened to hear that you did not receive your item as intended. I would like to further look into this for you. May I ask you send us a private message with your order information at your earliest convenience?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Recently ordered a laptop from Newegg, and it included a bunch of free promotional items. A backpack, and a free Fortnite bundle. This was Deception #1. The Fortnite bundle was not free. They charged me $49.50 to my credit card for the game. This is ridiculous because Fortnite is absolutely FREE game anyone can download. Deception #2: Shipping on the laptop was supposed to be 3 days, but they shipped it via FedEx ground which took 5 days instead of three. If I put a similar sized package into the FedEx ground system it indicates 5 days. 3 days was a lie.

I was badly in need of a new laptop, and would have gladly paid for shipping, but they lied. I got the laptop OK, but customer service was terrible. In total, I spoke to 3 customer service reps. They wouldn't refund my money, and further calls to follow up resulted in customer service reps that argued, didn't listen, and even a supervisor (Vicky) that refused to help get my money refunded. The free gifts are a scam they use to increase profits. I will never order from Newegg again. You are better off going to Amazon.

Hello,

I do apologize for any issues you have experienced in regards to your recent order with us with not only the game bundle, but the shipping method as well. Please send us a private message with your order information so we can look further into this for you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Last November on Black Friday I ordered a Samsung SSD to upgrade my home tower. I paid for the product using PayPal. Unbeknownst to me as it is not made aware if you use PayPal they ship to whatever address you have linked to PayPal even if you type out a new address. While this was a major inconvenience I did live close to my old place and was in contact with them. The drive never arrived. I then spent a month going back and forth with customer service trying to figure out where my drive was.

Finally the carrier went out and check only to tell me the product never arrived. I have since then told Newegg and even given them the carrier's contact information to confirm the drive didn't arrive. Now they're say there's nothing they can do and I'm out the $160+ I paid. All because they never delivered the product. I've already told them that I will never ever buy another product from them. If you want cheap deals, Newegg has them. What they also have is a history of stealing from their customers. I can't warn you enough to stay away from Newegg. Their prices aren't worth the risk of getting your money taken for nothing.

Hello Dustin,

I am sorry to hear about you not receiving your item and for the shipping issues you had experienced with your order. I'd like to ask you send us a private message with your order details so we can further look into your options.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Bought a new graphics card. It was faulty and caused damage to my system. Just did and RMA and because I didn't include the entire box it came in, they sent it back to me, as broken as it was. Theft... plain and simple. Out $500. Just doing business with them. Do not under any circumstances buy anything from Newegg.

Hello Matt.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience regarding your recent return. Please send us a private message with your sales order information and we will look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I been a repeated Newegg customer for 3 years since I build my first pc in 2016. On 1/31/2019 I contacted Newegg about a promotion that was available. I spoke with a rep Illene **. She has assured me that she would look into a promotion I was after and see if it was active. Well she got back to me through email and assured that Newegg website made an error with the promotion and that it was invalid. Ok I left it alone. Next day I'm back on newegg.com I discovered that the promotion was active and all the MB were sold out! When I was inquiring to Illene ** about the product, product was still in stock. I'm very disappointed and upset the way Newegg treated my case. I missed out on the sale. I remember when Newegg would always put the customer first during this. I felt rushed and felt that the rep didn't care and wanted to get rid of me. Now I'm considering some other place to purchase my computer needs.

Hello Cipriano,

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience with the out of stock motherboard. Please send us a private message with your account information and we will look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I ordered a new processor late on January 28th. Upon receiving my e-mail the next day showing the invoice, I noticed that the shipping address shown was my old address where I no longer reside. I immediately called and asked if the address could be changed since it had not yet been shipped. I was told to wait until it was shipped and shown as in transit and a change of address could be submitted. I checked the shipping information for 2 days and as soon as I saw it was in transit this morning, January 31st, I call in again. I was then told that nothing could be done, and it was suggested that I could either fill out forms with the USPS at a cost, or drive to the old address and retrieve the package.

That is my options? How is it possible that I call 2 DAYS BEFORE IT IS SHIPPED and nothing could be done and my best options now are forms and additional expenses or driving to a stranger’s house to get my package when it was sent out knowing it was going to the wrong place? Is this a joke? I work 12 hours every day 6 or 7 days a week. I do not have the time for additional forms, or driving to another home to get my package. I feel I gave PLENTY of warning about this going to the wrong place and nothing was done AND was given erroneous information regarding a solution to this problem.

I will not be filling out a form with the USPS or paying any additional fees. I will not be driving and knocking on a stranger’s door past 8 pm in another city asking for my package either as was suggested to me by your company. I fully expected an actual solution to be presented to me that is an actual realistic solution to this problem and did not receive one. I will never order anything from this company ever again.

Hello Brett,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your recent order.I would love to look into these issues further for you.

Simply send me a private message with your sales order information.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Sent EIGHT separate correspondences with not one reply. Finally found their number and spoke to someone who said he would call me back. He never did. Called again and the same thing happened. I bought the item above and saw it drop in price $75 hours after I placed the order. I immediately contacted them (well before the item even shipped) asking for the difference refunded to my card. Now they say since the item has been delivered they will not honor the lower price.

Hello Randy,

Simply send me a private message with your sales order information.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I bought a gaming laptop from this company and they offered 2 day shipping so I wanted it as soon as possible, I decided to go with the 2 day shipping, I ordered it on Saturday knowing it might not get here until Tuesday and the delivery even said it would be Tuesday but to avail no laptop but they sent the mouse pad earlier than the laptop cause they said my address was close but that doesn't make sense cause the mouse pad wasn't supposed to be here till Wednesday... End result I got the mouse pad for the laptop but not the laptop even though I got two day shipping for it and I still haven't got the laptop... This was my first time ordering from this site and I had a horrible experience so I suggest you see what your other options are before dealing with this company and the headache that comes with it.

Hello Shawn.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I ordered a laptop for a Christmas present for my daughter (Order # **). It was delivered while I was at work, but the tracking said it was "handed off directly". Since no one was home I was worried they had delivered it to the wrong address. Goodness I wish that had been true. Instead when I got home, in the middle of the driveway was a shredded box with the computer about ten feet away and the power supply five feet from there. I have a long driveway and this was left about 20 feet from the house, and 50 feet from the detached garage. I took the computer inside, but it wouldn't turn on or charge. I tried to call that night, I was on hold for two hours, then was disconnected.

I called Newegg the very next morning. I sent pictures, and the person I talked to said that a refund was a sure thing, and I could get it replaced but, it might not arrive before Christmas, but he could put it down for a refund and I could order another one. They even upgraded the shipping on the new one. I asked how to return the damaged one and was told that FedEx would email me within 10 days to schedule a time to pick it up, not to box it since they would want to inspect it. That matched my expectations since I had to do that with FedEx three years ago for a pressure washer that arrived with a bent frame and a wheel snapped in half. I never got an any contact from FedEx and of course 10 days was the weekend before Christmas eve.

After Christmas I tried to call Newegg and, this is weird, I got an automated response that "due to problems with our phone carrier, we can't take any phone calls". Seriously, I can't make up something this silly. I emailed them and got an automated response that "due to the high volume of email we can't respond right now". Can you say "Bad Omen"! I called again and I was told that "oh no, we don't have FedEx contact you. We just have a contract with FedEx to handle these problems, and the claim is approved. You should have your refund in three to four business days". A week later, still no refund…

I have to call again. This time I was told that they don't know why I haven't gotten the refund. They would put in a "check request" and call me the next day. No phone call, no refund, no communication until an email from Newegg that FedEx had rejected the claim and there was nothing they could do! Now I'm really unhappy, so I respond that I don't care about FedEx. I want to return the defective computer. They respond that "we recommend try selling it on Let go or Offer Up". This is NOT a reputable company. I called again and was put on hold, then disconnected after 10 min. To their credit, they did call me back and tell me that they keep dropping calls after 10 min. What kind of fly by night company is this that can't maintain a phone connection? Seriously, It's so absurd that I wouldn't make up a story like this for fear no one would believe me.

I finally talk to another person who recommends that I try the manufacturer warranty! I do NOT want two computers, I want to return a defective one, so I guess it was my fault for believing the first person I talked to, and accepting their word that I could get a refund and I should buy a second one so it would arrive by Christmas. In reality, my ONLY mistake was buying something from Newegg. I now have another promise that someone will call me back tomorrow but they need approval to allow me to return an item with a ripped up box! That's right, you can't return something with a ripped up box without upper management approval. This isn't Amazon folks, it isn't even Walmart. Seriously I think Dollar Tree has a more useful return policy. Do NOT ever buy anything from Newegg unless you’re willing to eat the loss if it doesn't work.

Greetings Bernard!

I am saddened to hear about the experience you had with us and would like to request you send us a private message with your order information so we can double check on this matter for you.

I look forward to your response.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

We purchased a vinyl 3D “LED” clock as a gift. Surprisingly the clock arrived on time and looked like the picture, however, we couldn’t find a way to turn on the LED lights that were advertised. I called and waited on hold for 23 minutes. Finally a guy answered and took down my concerns and emailed the seller (Phi), which I was provided a copy. A rep from Phi responded via email requesting a picture of the defective product so I complied. I researched this clock and found out to make the LED lights work it requires a 16-key remote. I mentioned the remote on a few occasions to Phi with no acknowledgement. They just keep responding that the product is defective and offer a refund. Hmm...sounds a bit fishy (false advertising!).

Hello Heather,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with the Marketplace seller. Please send us a private message with your sales order information and we will look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I ordered and paid for 2 memory sticks for my computer on Sunday 1/20/19, it is now Friday 1/25/2019 and no delivery, tracking number stated "still in packaging". So I tried to call to find out there is a 157 minute wait time, so I tried the online assistant and was told I was 56 in line. All I want is my memory. I will NEVER do business with NEWEGG ever again. EVERYONE PLEASE STAY AWAY.

Hello Robert.

Rudy[Newegg Support]

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Refused delivery of a product because the Newegg marketplace seller lied in their advertisement. Marketplace seller is non-responsive to e-mails, finally had to start leaving messages in their support forum to get attention. They claim they are issuing a full refund, but only sent a partial refund through Newegg, which still hasn't credited to my PayPal account after three days. Newegg keeps promising a full refund, but never issues one. Waiting on chat support (because you need all interactions with them in writing or they'll claim it never happened) is a multi-hour process most days. Obviously, they've just decided to keep my money and their misadvertised product. Newegg has gone from my go-to seller for electronics to a sham in about a year's time. Don't buy from them, unless you want to be lied to and wait forever for customer support that will do you no good in the end anyway. Order #**, if Newegg is watching.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I am a consumer who lives and breathes by surveys and reviews. I will go out of my way to complete a survey and make certain a person and/or company receives the praise they deserve. However, I am also one who will go to great lengths to expose unscrupulous companies and vendors for what they are. I purchased a Samsung phone from Newegg.com on 09/20/2018. It has arbitrarily shut down on several occasions only to be restarted via hard reset. This past weekend 01/18/2019, it shut down and will NOT power back up. Spent the last 2.5 hours communicating with customer service. Only to learn the value of a repeat customer to them is $15??? This is the transcript at the end of 2.5 hours.

Hannah (Newegg.com CSR): "It's my pleasure to assist you. I am sincerely sorry about that your order was way outside of the time period so seller can no longer help, and what I can do for you is issue an $15 for compensate. I would feel the same in your situation". I have purchased 3 cell phones, software, computer and inet components over the years. Thanks Newegg.com for letting me know your monetary value of your customers is $15. Caveat Emptor! Steer clear of Newegg.com!

Hello David,

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My credit card number was stolen due to Newegg's GROSS negligence by failing to maintain proper security over their online ordering system. My card received over $1170 in fraudulent charges. Between August 14 and September 18, 2018 hackers had injected code into the online ordering system of Newegg.com that captured personal data including name, address, credit card #, exp. date and CVV. I had placed two large orders with them during that period. It was only today, November 20, 2018 that I received ANY notification of this breach!!!

The letter identified the credit card I had used by the last 4 digits. Twelve days ago that I discovered, from my bank statement, that over $1170 of fraudulent charges had been posted, beginning October 17. At that time I had no idea how that could occur. I notified the bank immediately and the credit card number was immediately canceled. Besides being grossly negligent in allowing this hacking to occur, Newegg was egregiously negligent in failing to promptly notify customers. This is outrageous for a company supposedly dealing in technology. They should be sued. I have filed a complaint with the FTC and the California Attorney General. Doing business with these clowns is NOT worth the risk.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I ordered a build kit bundle...you would think that would mean all the parts would fit together nicely but... While customer service rep Kelly was friendly, it seemed that her hands were tied in resolving my issues. I had purchased a bundle build kit (almost 2 grand worth) that was sold together as compatible yet the CPU cooler did not fit correctly until I had to alter the case. This was an ASAP office build that I was able to make work after investing much dissatisfying time & effort. The build was installed into an office & obviously reflected that I may have been somewhat impaired in building it. CSR even asked if I may have ordered the wrong part after clearly including the bundle # directly from the order & order #. Unfortunately, CSR was only able to offer me a $25 credit for my trouble & for the website bundling a kit that did not bundle well together as promised.

I offered to send photo proof several times but was completely ignored... I was asked if I could take to a local store. Unfortunately, it would cost more than $25 to take & this pc & has already been customized for this office with this specific case. I am extremely disappointed that a $25 credit seems to be the magic number for customer satisfaction. I'm certain that my customers would not be satisfied with merely an about 1.3% refund for their trouble & delay. Sadly, this amount of customer satisfaction will not warrant a 5-egg review or recommendation.

Hey Malcom,

Wow! We are truly saddened to hear the parts in the bundle you received may have been incompatible. I'd love to discuss this with you in further detail to see what resolutions may be available to us. When time permits, can you please send us a private message with your order details? Thank you!

Sincerely,

Lindsay

[Newegg Support]

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Ordered desktop computer from Newegg.com, Order was confirmed, charged my credit card, but on second day I got email: order canceled for no reason, and called Newegg.com. They said it is price mistake. Your Newegg.com is a big liar on advertising price. Order # **.

Hello Andrew,

We are very sorry to hear that your order was cancelled and for any trouble that may have caused. I will be glad to look further into this and explore our options. Can you please send us a private message with your order details? Thank you in advance!

Lindsay

[Newegg Support]

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I ordered a 27" monitor on 12/1 and received it on 12/5. The back lights for the monitor started flickering a week later and were completely burned out by 12/14. This is after being used as a second monitor very sparingly. When I attempted to do an RMA I was told that my item was ineligible. Which I thought was odd because I purchased it under the Extended Holiday Return Policy, which I thought was pretty clear.

So I talked to customer service, after being disconnected the first time and waiting through the queue again, and was very promptly told Newegg could not accept my return because I had 'physically manipulated' the monitor. What? What does that even mean? Sorry, I plugged it in? I was kind of taken aback by that statement. I was really disappointed that the rep's concern was more about getting me off the line than fixing my issue, after everything I said it was "Sorry, is that all the help you need for today?" So I was once again ineligible for return. Okay, so the rep tells me they will send me an invoice that I can warranty with Acer. Yea, that never happened. So I printed out my invoice and it literally says on the invoice "Extended Holiday Return Policy" item. So a second inquiry to no avail. Sent multiple feedback messages also to no avail. So here I am.

I've purchased from Newegg for 15 years and always thought I was paying for services as well as items. This is by far one of the most disappointing interactions I've had from an online vendor. There's just too many options out there to be treated like this. Newegg lost a life long customer over a $150 monitor. TLDR version, bought a defective monitor, "Extended Holiday Return Policy" is smoke and mirrors, Newegg customer service; too big to fail attitude. Thank you.

Hello Jon,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with the Monitor. Please send us a private message with your sales order information and we will look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Ordered $1000 worth of computer components. I do not make a lot of money so I can only afford to do this about every eight years or so. One of the components was a power supply that was not marked correctly. Even after spending $1051, they would not honor the price of the product. I completed an online chat with Chelsea and they would not honor their price. Chelsea ended up not ever responding to my texts anymore. I did not curse or say anything bad, just that they charged me for the power supply, which they are not sending, and I have to wait for a refund. First you can't honor the price, now you take my money and I have to wait for a refund. Wouldn't you love to be about to use someone else's money.

Hello Steve,

Rudy[Newegg Support]

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Received gift card, ordered through website. Was informed that product was no longer available about 3 weeks later. In between gift card became out of date. Was told they can't honor due to late date. No help from customer service.

Hello William,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience regarding your gift card. Please send us a private message with your sales order information and we will look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

This company sent me the wrong keyboard and refuses to send me any information for a return or refund. They are located in Hong Kong. They offer items for a greatly discounted price, and when they don't work, they demand pictures to be sent to a website or an e-mail address that are non-existent. I am just disgusted. I notice there are responses below the negative reviews asking the reviewer to contact Rudy, but I can almost guarantee this is also bogus. Spread the word. I'm going to. Oh, and I have no receipt. None was provided.

Hello Wilma,

Kindly

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I have purchased an MSI brand laptop from Newegg before the holidays as a gift. A week after receiving my laptop it crashed. So I called Newegg to request an exchange. I sent back the laptop in the MSI box that it came with along with all the accessories (the charger and manual book). A week after I get an email from the Newegg returns saying I’m missing the retail box. I was very surprised with this because I am 100% sure I sent out the retail box being the MSI box. So I called Newegg customer service to speak with someone about this. They told me to call back the next day to have a follow up of the details from the warehouse.

I called the next day and I spoke with a representative that contacted the returns warehouse and come back to tell me that it’s the shipping box they’re requesting now because it has the serial number of the laptop on it not the MSI box. I explained to the representative that I only received TWO boxes: 1. A regular brown shipping box that had only a Canada post label on it. 2. The MSI box that came within the shipping box that I sent back. He was extremely rude with me telling me that I am in the wrong and there’s nothing he could do because that is the policy that they need the shipping box.

After I heard this I immediately requested to speak with a supervisor. She was very nice and understood my situation. She requested photos from the warehouse of what I have shipped them. In the meantime I have contacted MSI and asked them if the shipping box should be required to make any returns. They said the shipping box does not have any serial numbers on it. It is the MSI retail box (the one I sent back) that has all of the serial numbers on it as well as all the specs of the laptop and the model name. I’m very disappointed with Newegg, they are giving me the runaround and making any excuse not to ship me a new computer. It’s almost day 4 from dealing with this nightmare and still no solution. Do yourself a favour and never purchase from this nightmare of a company.

Hello Danika,

Kindly

Derek [Newegg Support]

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My recent experience with Newegg and one of their sellers, Asus parts/Spare Parts Co LLC, leads me to suspect that the stated return policy on their website is a sham and the wording should be change to 'no returns accepted' which would have been fine with me because I then would not have bought the item. First, Newegg gave me the wrong address for the return. My parcel was undeliverable by USPS which resulted in a 2.5 month search before the parcel was

returned to me. By then the original RMA, valid for 30 days was now invalid and I had to email the seller several times to reinstate the original RMA. I then returned the item to a new (and correct this time) address. Arrived 12/14/2018 as per USPS tracking. Now as of this post 1/16/2019, 17 days after the return, I still have not gotten a refund.

Hello There,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience with the Marketplace seller. Please send us a private message and will look into this further. I have a resolution prepared and would like to discuss this with you. I hope to hear from you soon.

Newegg.com Company Information