1.34/5
  • 1 star
Based on 118 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 15, 2017

573 Newegg.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I placed an online order for a toy for my daughter on November the 27th. As it was nearly a month later, I checked the order status and tracking number and found the shipping update was unavailable. So, I circled back to Newegg for a resolution, explaining that Christmas was nigh and I wanted my product found and delivered. I was originally given the suggestion to contact the seller directly - which means Newegg's responsibility is what exactly? I was then put on hold and ten minutes later told that the seller would be contacted, and would have 1 to 2 business days to respond. If they didn't, I was told to circle back and then the marketplace team would get involved with a resolution within 3 business days, which would put me after Christmas.

I was then given the lovely suggestion to purchase SOMETHING ELSE FROM NEWEGG if I wanted a gift before Christmas. After telling them that would never happen in my lifetime, they put me on hold for another fifteen minutes and then flatly stated they were going to refund my money since no supervisors were available at that time - the middle of a weekday. Avoid these people at all costs.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I purchased a $800 Acer Aspire Nitro 5 AN515-51-50PN 15.6" Intel Core i5 7th Gen 7300HQ (2.50 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 8 GB Memory 256 GB SSD 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop -- ONLY at NEWEGG $780.00. This unit was offered with a Acer Windows Mixed Reality Headset & Motion Controller for free $400 value! So this sold me on my purchase. When I went through the shopping cart and processed the purchase the free headset was automatically added to my cart and the transaction was completed through PayPal. I received a confirmation email but much to my surprise the headset did not appear on the order! I contacted customer service and they stated it was out of stock... but as I stated to the customer service representative, I checked before I purchased and they were in stock.

They proceeded to tell me I was out of luck and first come first served... but I was a first come first served!! It was in my cart when I purchased. I'm not sure how much more first come first served you can get... I stated that this was deceiving and the customer service representative then stated they may get them back in stock before 12/31/2017 and MAY be able to send me one but they will have to check. I asked about a refund and it will take me 3-5 business days to complete leaving me little if no time to get another order placed in time for Christmas. Since I have started to write this they have change the stocking on the item. This morning when I first contacted Newegg it did say "out of stock". Now it says "This item is currently out of stock and it may or may not be restocked." Also it has been removed from the searchable manufacturers in VR headset?

This is all very odd behavior and I believe I have been mislead. I would call this a bait and switch and/or false advertising. I have been taking screenshots of the changes to the listing so I can show this! 100% do not place an online order with this company. Call them if you are ordering and confirm all the items that you are purchasing and get a confirmation email to reflect this information. I am waiting for the customer service representative to contact me back in regards to the availability of the free headset and will update this thread/review to reflect the company's behavior in this matter! I am left with a very difficult decision at this point, I work very hard for my money and I feel like I have been cheated.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Absolutely terrible. Purchased an item during the Black Friday sales... First, absolutely no tracking information throughout the entire process. Understandable given the holidays. Next, my Item comes incomplete, missing one of the two supposedly included lenses (being a camera set I purchased). On top of that, the item comes in poorly made, paint spots all over the camera, uneven paint and textures, something rattling inside, just generally shoddy. Cheaply made. So I contacted customer service, both via email and their Facebook Messenger link.

The email garnered a standard instant-reply about being busy and they will contact me shortly. The Facebook messages received the same type of response... Subsequent messages were READ by customer service, at least at first, but never once did I get a response or validation. Now, I'm out just under $200 (the company who manufactured/sent the camera left an invoice stating the value for insurance purposes as $30?). And can't manage to receive ANY help whatsoever from the company.

Hello Christopher,

I am sorry to hear this. It looks like one of our agents have contacted you about getting pictures for the items that you have received. I do suggest getting us those picture as soon as possible. If you do require further assistance please send me a private message so I can assist you further.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I ordered and paid for an item from Newegg. Within 30 minutes I receive an email stating that the item I ordered was voided because it was out of stock and I would receive a refund in 3-5 business days. Seriously, up to a week for them to return my money because they listed an item for sale that they didn't have in stock!? I notified them telling them that it was unacceptable and they would do nothing about it.

Hello Marc,

I am sorry to hear this however we have issued the refund and it should arrive no later then 12/20. If you do require further assistance please let me know.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I bought some RAM while it was on sale, and I put the wrong city in the address (which is my fault, I know) and FedEx delivered the package somewhere. (However the destination in FedEx's website was right, so I don't know how it went to the wrong house). Since it was not getting to the right place, FedEx sent it back to Newegg. Initially I was offered a refund for the item, but since I bought it when it was on discount, I requested Newegg to redeliver the original package to me no later than December 13th. After THREE delays before Newegg finally redelivered the package to me, I did not get Newegg's Next day delivery and the package was expected to be delivered by December 15th. They said that they were sorry, but can't do anything about it. I cannot understand how a order made at November 18th cannot be sent to the right place for a month. (I still don't know if this package will come to the right place).

Hello there,

I am sorry to hear about the delay however it looks like we are getting the package out to you. If you do require further assistance please send me a private message.

Nicholas [Newegg Support]

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I ordered a part for my vehicle on 4th December 2017. The order confirmation came in straight away and said that the order would be dispatched on the 5th December. No shipping information or tracking number was received. I contacted Newegg.com on the 11th of December by chat to get a status on the order. After signing onto the chat, I was #60 in the queue!!! After about 1 hour and 45 minutes I was chatting with a representative (I wondered how many people had died waiting for their turn to chat to Newegg).

I was told that they would check with "Marketplace" to find out the status of my order. Approximately 6 hours later I receive an email from Newegg saying that my order has been "Auto-Voided" (7 days after placing the order, after I followed up on the status), because the order did not ship within 72 hours of the order being placed. Fail Newegg!!! I'm afraid that is the last order you will get from me, and I will tell more than the average 10 people, what shocking service I received.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I tried to buy 2 laptops on Black Friday deals, however every payment method failed. I talked with the assistants and all they did was guide me to repeat the payment, and again all of them failed. I sent 2 messages and they didn't replied. Still waiting for some feedback. Detail: I use the same cards in every other order on the internet.

Hello Luis,

I am sorry to hear about this and I would be happy to assist you. Please send me a private message with an order number and an email so I can help you further. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

7-10 days for a claim on a shipment that was lost by FedEx, then add in ship time to that. Ordered an i5 8600k on November 30th, shipped the 1st of December, with tracking not updated since Sunday the 3rd (7 days with no scan). Was told by trace dept that the item was sent to Florida on the wrong truck, and yet tracking says it left Indiana on the way to IL. If it was shipped from New Jersey towards the West how did it end up heading to Florida? Which is it? I believe since they still cannot find it, that it was outright stolen somewhere along the way.

I have requested a replacement from Newegg, and they are giving me the runaround about when they will replace the item. I have spent 620.00+ dollars this month at their business and this is the way I am treated? It is on Newegg as the seller to provide service, I didn't pay FedEx, they did. I am disgusted by the situation, and having used the site for many years for purchases, I believe I will switch fully to B&H from here on out as they treat their customers better. I know it is the holidays, but a replacement should be sent immediately. I am not trying to scam the company, I just want what I have paid for as they already have MY money.

Hello Michael,

I am sorry to hear about the package being lost and the claim processing time however looking at your account it looks like the claim has been resolved and we are working to get the replacement out to you as quickly as possible. If you do require further assistance please let me know.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

On 11-29-17 I ordered a small server cabinet. I paid for it and proceeded to track my package. The Newegg tracking website stated a day later that the shipment was due to arrive on Wed. the 6th. On the 6th I called one of the worst shipping companies AIT to find out why it was not delivered as stated on Newegg's website. They stated it was loaded on the plane late so it arrived late. What Newegg and the awful AIT do not tell you is that when you order a large item AIT hands it off to some losers that only ship once per week. Get it? Once per week. I call these "other" people and they tell me that they only service my area on Wed of each week which meant that I would not see my package for another week.

For almost $200.00 in shipping charges you would think that this wouldn't happen but it did. So I proceeded to call customer service, these people (Newegg) never answer the phone I was on hold for almost 35 minutes, for a big company you think this would be a shorter wait time. Once they answered they said that I need to call AIT, so the circle-jerk situation starts with me getting handed off to AIT where they finally said they could not help because they no longer had the package and I have to contact the people that AIT farm out to.

So Thursday the 7th I engage in Live Chat with someone at Newegg customer service where the person says to me after I explain everything all over again, "Yeah, I am on chat with the shipper now. I will see what I can do." So I wait and wait then he comes back and asks me if someone can be at the house on Friday, I ask my son who is a student if he could stay home to wait for this delivery, he said yes. So the guy on chat said it will be there between 1-5pm, so I figured it all worked out. Come Friday at 2pm I check the tracking website again and no status change, I called the losers to see if it is being delivered, they told me they know nothing and they cannot deliver until Wed. This place must be run by 2 people or something.

I get on Chat with Newegg, different person, well They know nothing, See nothing and then inform me if I RMA'd my delivery last night when I spoke with the other person on Chat, I said, "No I did not", by this time I told them that they have no right to ask me to wait until next Wed, remember I paid close to $200.00 for shipping and I told them I already had someone home waiting. They said they could not help me and I told them that I can't have people take off work to wait for a package that may or may not show and that it was not right on how this is being handled. They give me the typical function key keyboard responses on how they are sooo sorry. At this point I told them to take it back, they did not deliver when they said that they would, they refused to handle the situation because they are inept at doing so, and they left me hanging.

I WILL NEVER purchase anything from these people and to top it off they stiffed me for the full shipping charges, these should be reversed as it was their error. Remember anyone ordering anything large and it comes shipped though AIT. Good luck, AIT does not do residential deliveries. This should be specified right up front. It is not. Good luck trying to contact these people, they have designed their company to stay hidden behind customer support and chat flunkies.

Hello Chet,

I am sorry to hear about this and would be happy to assist. I have gone ahead and sent you an email to you. Please reply to the email when you do have the chance. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Nicholas [Newegg Support]

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Okay so out of the 4 components I ordered from Newegg I have had to send two back, defective mobo, defective cpu. Now when sending the cpu back I get a tasty email informing me that my i3 is missing from the return, after contacting them and assuring them I put that i3 into that return, you would think it would just take one day for them to go back and check the return. No, it's day three and I am just left wondering if I need to do a local shakedown or if it was just a error from Newegg. This is no way should be taking the time it's taking, very unconventional and stressing.

Updated on 12/12/2017: Update on previous post, I sent in a i3 8100 for replacement as it was showing signs of the silicone being defective. Guess what? They sent me a empty i3 intel box claiming my items were stolen. That was after stalling for a week not updating me on any information, JUST that my i3 was missing. I am now on a lengthy claim with FedEx and I am SURE I am out $130. This company is so shady, you would think that a customer that may have had his product stolen, or somehow missing would be a top priority to get back in contact with. Nope, I was treated as if I didn't even put it in the box. I am done with Newegg and would suggest you too. It's okay if you buy and the stuff works, but if you have to ever RMA something BEWARE.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I ordered, and paid for, a Christmas gift for my husband on this website. I received an email confirmation of my purchase and was told I would receive shipping details soon. The next day I received an email stating that my order had been canceled. They offered no explanation as to why. I've been trying for the past 3 days to get ahold of someone in customer service to get a refund for the item I paid for and to also make sure my credit card information was not compromised. I have received ZERO response to any of these attempts. Today when I tried to contact the seller, I got a page saying "Sorry, this seller cannot be located." This company has yet to respond to any of my emails, messages online, or any other attempts at contact. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!

Hello Naomi,

I do see that this orders was shipped and sold by one of our marketplace partners Buckeye Tool Supply. They had canceled the order since it was out of stock on their side. If you do require further assistance please let me know.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Order some small parts from them and they shipped via DHL. The shipping took a very long time with no status update from the tracking so I contacted their customer service to get status. The phone call was 40 minutes wait, chat was an hour wait. Rep was not helpful and were basically robots that keep repeating the same words again and again. Took multiple chats to finally get to the claim part and was told that I would have to wait ANOTHER 7 business days before claim is looked at. What horrendous service. Hopefully this will finally get resolved soon but not too optimistic.

Hello Jeremy,

I am sorry to hear about this however I do see that the package was delivered and that we did put a request to block DHL from any future orders on our site. If you do require further assistance please let me know.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Ordered some DDR4 RAM from this site. They offered a ETA 3-4 days free shipping. Sounds great right? Wrong. They used DHL to ship my 0.25lb package. Way to cheap out. I could have paid $5 more and just picked it up at a big box store. But here I am a week later waiting for a van to drive across 10 states stopping at every damn city on the way to drop stuff off and pick stuff up. I will never shop here again. At least when Amazon says 3-4 days they can actually back up their promise by forking up the extra $0.75 on a reliable courier. When I asked why they chose DHL to ship my package I was told "I'm sorry we used DHL. It's because of the warehouse you ordered from." So it's my fault? Is that what they mean? Does DHL even still do consumer logistics? If there's one thing I regret about building a server, it's giving Newegg my money.

Hello Michael,

I am sorry to hear this however I do see the shipping method that was chosen was 4-7 business days, which does not include the weekend. I also do see the package was delivered on Friday the 8th. What I can also do for you is I am going to block DHL from all future orders you do make with us. If you do require further assistance please let me know.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

If I could give zero star I would! I have emailed this company multiple times, Facebook, and when I went to do the chat with them it kept timing out my session. I received a confirmation stating my package was shipped 5 business days ago. I have my USPS tracking number, but USPS still hasn't received my package. I am trying to call and find out how long this shipping process takes but I can't get a hold of anyone! This is supposed to be for Christmas present and I would think ordering a month in advance would be plenty of time... Either way I will never purchase anything from here again!

Hello Anna,

I am very sorry to hear this. However looking further into your order I do see that your order is out for delivery today 12/9. If you do require further assistance please let me know.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I bought an grade a iPhone 6 and after receiving that noticed it was basically a grade c. So after returning got an email that I did not reset the passcode, the passcode was given the day I received the email and now its been 3 weeks. I'm yet to receive the refund. $350 is a lot of money for me but Newegg customer service just delays. Every week I call. They tell me they will contact me the following week. I have now given hope absolutely horrendous service. That's it for me will never buy anything from them.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

If I could have give 0 stars I would have!!! I placed my order 5 days ago for a gift. They still have yet to ship my item. After emailing them several times I always get the same answer, "We are shipping today." Well guess what? It’s day 5 and still not shipped. I emailed them back telling them to cancel my order and refund me and of course they don’t respond to that!! It’s Christmas time and people don’t have time for you guys to ship whenever you feel like it!!! I gave this company a chance but never again!!! This company is a scam!!! I will stick with my Amazon Prime account and never stray away again!!!

Hello Brandy,

I am sorry to hear about the shipping delay however bringing up the order information from the number you have provided I do see that the order was delivered on 12/3. If you do require further assistance please let me know.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

HORRIBLE customer service. Order Electrolux vacuum 11/17 and told it would arrive in 5 days. Took two weeks and dozens of calls. Vacuum arrives WITHOUT all components (i.e., wand, parts, etc.) Note in box says, "Wand shipped separately." Never arrived. Never received email or notice from company about essential parts for vacuum to be used. When I called they stated that I should receive a response about the missing essential parts within 5-7 days, in addition to now THREE WEEKS of waiting for the product for which I paid in full. NEVER NEVER NEVER USE THIS COMPANY.

Hello Eliza,

I am sorry to hear about this and I would be happy to assist you. Can you please send a private message with your order number? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

There is no protection if the order you place is through one of their 'marketplace' partners. Day after I purchased rather expensive TV, the price elsewhere decreased several 100 dollars. I tried to cancel order but was told it already shipped and that if I were to return the TV upon arrival, I would have to pay 15% restock fee (per 'marketplace' partner policy). This does not come across when you purchase. WEEKS later, we still have not received TV. We were told it was being trucked here and still won't arrive for another week. How in the world could I be told it shipped day after I ordered and it's still being trucked here.

WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE RUNAROUND. Today, I was told we could return the TV if it hasn't been opened without stocking fee. WHAT?! That is not what I was told the day after. I would have canceled order then. NewEgg cannot do anything because it is through a 'marketplace' partner. BEWARE. The sale prices aren't available anymore. So we lost out on several 100 dollars. Lesson learned. We will not order from them again. This is a company that has an A+ BBB rating...you have got to be kidding me. They have no control by using their partners. Makes them not liable for anything.

Hello Tina,

I am very sorry to hear about this Marketplace experience and I would be happy to assist you. I have sent you an email so we can speak further on the issue. Please reply back when you do have the chance. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I waited until Cyber Monday to purchase a laptop and Newegg had what we wanted with the best sale price. I even found a discount code to reduce it further. 3 days later I got an email that my order was cancelled. There was a 1 hour 45 min wait to talk to someone in person so I tried "live" chat. I started the cue as #54. After an hour I finally spoke with Lanie and was basically told that they would not honor the price. The price is now $120 more than what I was initially purchasing it for. Was given no other options. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I order approximately $5,000 to $10,000 worth of computer equipment per year from Newegg.com. This isn't a ton on the scale of a large business, but as a private consumer that is quite a bit of money to be giving to a company. When I put my latest order in for ~ $500 I thought, "no problem, this is all straightforward and there is nothing that should get confused in this order!" To my utter dismay they sent me the wrong product in shipping. I looked at the packing list and it had the RIGHT product and all the info was correct for the order. Fairly disappointing at this point I still know that I can receive the correct product if I call in and speak with their Executive Customer Service branch. I did so and was told that this didn't exist, which irritated me to no end because I spoke with them about 1 month ago when ANOTHER order of mine was incorrectly shipped.

Thoroughly irritated at this point I make the assumption that this representative is new or just doesn't have the correct information, I ask to speak to his supervisor, letting him know that I am not mad at HIM but dissatisfied with not being able to receive my product until AFTER they receive back the incorrectly shipped product. The manager puts me on hold for almost 10 minutes before telling me there is nothing that she can do to help speed it up, she isn't able to issue any coupons and is unwilling to try and find the Executive help team.

At this point I changed my return to a refund and decided that I would NOT be using Newegg.com anymore for any of my purchases. Newegg has been my primary resource for electronics equipment of all kinds because until this year they have not messed any of my orders up. Against the advice of many friends and professional colleagues I have continued to use them. Now, after being blown off by a supervisor who is supposed to be in charge of making customers happy I have had enough. I would highly recommend AGAINST utilizing Newegg.com in any capacity and take your money and your business to other vendors who appreciate how to run a business and how to conduct Customer Service!

Hello Ian,

I am sorry to hear this and I would be happy to assist you. I have gone ahead and sent an email to you so we can further discuss this. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I've bought from these guys many times but now their shipping time is not what it used to be. When you pay more for faster shipping they need to follow through. Their excuses for being late are lame. Time to shop somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I placed an order for 2 gaming computers total value approx $2500 on 11/17/17. I received a confirmation email for my order from Newegg and later received confirmation with tracking number. FedEx website showed delivery date 11/22/2017. Later changed to 11/24/17. One computer came on 11/24/2017 but the other one was still outstanding.

When I contacted customer service I was told they had to submit a claim to research the package location, since it showed "shipping label created" I called 3 business days later and was told they are unable to find any remarks but the website showed "item not in stock" and I had to wait. A few days later I received email with resolution "refund" which was about $20.00 short of the purchase price which I have to wait another 3 to 5 days (or more) to receive. When I contacted customer service to request contact info to file a complaint I was told there was no address, they can only forward feedback to management. Since most sales are over, and the prices for gaming computers went back up, I am back to square one "no computer".

Hello Claudia,

I am sorry to hear this however I would like to discuss this further with you. I have sent emails to you so I can discuss it further with you, please respond back when you do get the chance. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I ordered a product that cost $369 and the package was damaged when it shipped and just left opened outside of my apartment in the common area. I didn't bother much and was just thankful that the product inside was fine and wasn't stolen. However, only couple weeks later, I found the price of product in Bed Bath & Beyond was much cheaper and requested price match. I waited for over a hour for the customer service to answer and only be told that the BBB wasn't their competitors and wouldn't be able to match the price for me. I requested return the item, and the customer service indicated that they would charge 15% of the return fee. What a hassle. I will never purchase anything from their website anymore. Horrible experience and ridiculous policy.

Hello Chih-Chen,

I am sorry to hear about this and want to look more into this for you. I have went ahead and sent a personal email to you. Please reply back when you do have the chance, looking forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

The morning of 12/01/2017 at 2am I checked if the motherboard I been looking at was still on sale for 59.99 and it was. No time on it tell me when it would end. I figure when I wake up my paycheck be in my account and I be-able to order it. I get up and my money was in and I go to the Newegg to buy it and it's up at 74.99. I figure I found the wrong one. So I did a little search for it through google and found it list for 59.99 under Newegg but when click on it and it shows 74.99 still.

So I called their customer service to figure out what was going on. After half hour I was told price change every few secs and that google didn't update their link yet. To me that's not customer service. She seen it for that price and so did I. You should honor your prices. The item I was looking at was ASRock AB350M Pro4 AM4 AMD Promontory B350 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard also this is not how you keep customers keep buy from you. All items on sale should have a timer or date on it. Plus last few months I been buying items from Newegg but I don't know if I will keep buy anymore since they don't know how to label things and leave customers empty handed. I add a picture of the Google search I found. It’s the 3rd link from top.

Hello Justin,

I am sorry to hear about this and I would be happy to look into this for you. Can you please send me a private message with your order number?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Ordered a very small package of RAM on the 19-11-17, ordered stated average delivery time of 4-7 business days on World EggSaver. It's now been 10 business days and according to tracking the parcel hasn't even left the country. I'd cancel the order if I could. At this rate I'll be lucky to see my package before Xmas.

Hello Joshua,

I am sorry to hear this. Looking further into your order I do see that your order has past customs in the country so I do suggest contacting DHL for an ETA on delivery. On our side I will go ahead and refund the shipping for the order. Please allow 7-10 days for the refund to process back to your original payment method. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I ordered a computer screen during Black Friday sale. I received an email stating that an order was placed. The following week on Tuesday I received an email that the order was cancelled due to an issue with the credit card payment which supposedly did not go through. The email stated that the order cannot be re-submitted and a new order at the current price is necessary. I checked the credit card account and no payment attempt was recorded. I contacted the customer service and was told Newegg had sent an email informing of the payment issue on Black Friday.

I searched my email account and spam folder and could not find any such email. Customer service was very unhelpful and did not offer any solution. There was no attempt to identify what the root cause was (e.g. issues with the Newegg ordering system on Black Friday) and keep me as a customer. Customer service confirmed that the sale price could not be honored and that I need to purchase at the new higher price if I want. I am in the process to close my account with Newegg.

Hello Christoph,

I am sorry to hear this and would be happy to look further into this for you.

Please send a private message with your order information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I am very frustrated that I pay over $700 on a monitor to receive the incorrect monitor. I purchased a ASUS ROG PG278QR Black 27" 1ms (GTG) monitor and receive a $109 Acer 24 inch monitor. The worst part is I have to wait 3-7 business days for them to process a RMA, took them 6 business days plus two weekend days. The same day I dropped the Acer monitor at FedEx. Package says it was delivered on Monday, they finally sent an email on Wednesday confirming they received it, and notified it will take 3-5 business days for them to send out the correct item. After that, still have to wait three business days for it to finally be delivered. Here is the timeline. Ordered 11/9, received 11/14, RMA case opened 11/14, RMA Accepted with return label 11/21, Item dropped off at FedEx 11/21, Delivered to Newegg 11/27, Confirmation that item was received 11/29. This is so very disappointing for such a large company.

Hello Matthew,

I am sorry to hear about this situation however I did look up your order and I do see that we have shipped out your product. FedEx tracking shows it will be out for delivery tomorrow. If you do require further assistance please let me know.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I bought a laptop from Newegg.com for which they told me was in stock and charged my credit card only to tell me a week later that they damaged the product and, since they had no more stock simply refunded my order without my consent. Now immediately after being told about this I returned to the site to see that the item was in fact in stock but simply sold at a higher price than what I had agreed to pay. This was in stock by the same seller that I had bought from. Newegg refused to take any responsibility in this matter and simply told me that if I wanted the same product I would have to take my refund and pay the inflated price for it. Had I known this on the day of my purchase, I could have purchased any number of products with which I would have been happy. However, because of Newegg's horrendous service, I was unable to purchase anything at a reasonable price.

Hello Eric,
My name is Nicholas contacting you from Newegg. I have looked up your order and I wanted to let you know that I am sorry to hear what happened. Unfortunately since the new order is coming from a marketplace partner we can not change the price of their product since we do not want to take business away from them. I do see we have offered a credit for your next order as long as its shipped and sold by Newegg. If you have any other questions let us know.
Nick

[Newegg Support]

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I ordered ram for my computer last Wednesday (day before Thanksgiving) and I was in disgust when I figured out they were using DHL plus USPS to ship. After five days, on Monday, DHL gets it from Indiana to Memphis, TN. Well all is good except USPS never gets the package. I wait until Wednesday, talking to both shipping companies about this to be told that USPS never got it (still doesn't have it) while DHL gave it to them on Monday. After many emails and live chats with Newegg, all they said each time was to keep waiting... if USPS doesn't have the product then how would waiting more time help? I ask this question in live chat to be left with, "Sorry we cannot do anything until you wait."

Hello Aaron,

My name is Nicholas from Newegg. I have brought up your order and I do see that the order was delivered in the 4-7 business days that was selected. Business days does not include the weekend or Holidays. I also have sent a request for DHL to be blocked from future orders you place on our site. If you do require further assistance please let us know.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Ordered several computer parts through Newegg and decided to return some of the parts, one of which did not work. The shipments that came directly from Newegg were contained in 2 boxes, other parts were dropped shipped from other retailers. The return included 2 boxes and I was issued only 1 RMA label. After 2 hours of hold and being re-routed over the phone I was told I would be issued an additional RMA label for the second package. It never came, so I sent back 2 items in one box. Newegg responded by email stating the return was incomplete and that they only received 1 item.

I am 100% certain of 2 items being in the box I returned, so a $150.00 item just vanished into thin air. The whole process was so frustrating and time consuming I let it go. All in all I intended to return about $500,00 of parts, was credited for a $59.00 part minus 15% stocking fee and another part sent back to Newegg disappeared. In total I spent at least 1 hour in queue for chat and a total of about 3 hours of phone call holds. I would not advise anyone to purchase from this retailer.

Hello Dean,

I am am sorry to hear this and I would like to assist you with this situation. I have found your account with the order number you provided. I have gone ahead and sent an email to you. Please reply back to it when you have the chance. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Newegg.com Company Information