3.4/5 (896 ratings)

About Newegg.com

Newegg.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I recently purchased 16Gbs of memory from Myers del. They contracted with Amazon for delivery of the product. Amazon delivered to the wrong address. I informed Newegg of the issue, and they promised to reimburse me for it, but instead they recharged by debit card for the same product. I contacted them about this, and they did nothing. Myers del emailed me and said that I should contact the shipper, as if this is incumbent upon me to do their job. What nerve! Still I'm out $77.00.

Hi Ronald,

I am so sorry to hear about this issue you are experiencing with your order. Please send us a message with your order details so that we can investigate this matter further for you.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Ordered an item 12/28, received expected delivery date of 1/6. Was delayed without any reason stated. On 1/7, tracking showed out for delivery. No update was made until 6 days later (1/13) when the delivery was finally made. I contacted Newegg chat for any possible update or a way to contact the delivery person. All they said was "We are sorry". Repeatedly. One chat closed the chat on me when I pressed the issue.

Hello Wonjong,

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered with your order.

We would be glad to look further into this issue for you. Please send us a private message and we will do everything we can to resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Renee[Newegg Support]

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I bought two iPhone. They claimed it is unlocked but they were all locked to a network. It cost me additional money to unlocked one and the other it can't be unlock. Newegg don't keep customer purchases in your account history for long so everything you buy has no traceability. The sellers are able to get away with the lies and they are not held accountable for. I will rather buy from Amazon and pay extra more for traceability and accountability and possibly punish lies than Newegg.

Hi Raymond,

I'm saddened to hear about your most recent order with us, please feel free to send us a message. We ask that you kindly include a brief description of your encounter along with any relevant order number/s you may have. We do look forward to hearing from you.

Renee[Newegg Support]

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Tl;dr: I just discovered that physical stores are way better than online shopping. I ordered a new $250 keyboard, and it took 1-2 weeks to arrive. Ordering was an easy experience, though the website wasn't very mobile friendly. I didn't open the keyboard until the holidays, and we discovered the keyboard was used. It had oil stains, it was missing the wireless receiver, and the back stands had been broken off. The process of reaching out to Newegg was slow, and there were numerous bugs along the way. At first, it didn't allow me to view the order at all. It showed an error "you must log in to view this page." Then, I created a new account, but it still wouldn't let me view the order. Ultimately I had to reach out to a human for chat support to request the refund.

Support initially did not want to accept the product back, because it was 2 weeks past the return window. However, they did offer to contact the seller, and the seller agreed to refund the product. NewEgg had to forward messages to and from the seller, and would not give the seller my email or any way for me to contact them directly. I had to escalate to support every time I wanted to talk to the seller. Additionally, the emails newegg sent were very clunky. It put the entire message on one line, and included lots of random symbols and information that wasn't relevant to me. It was very difficult to read what was actually said. I managed to get a shipping label, and went to the FedEx store to ship the product. That process was relatively easy, and cost me $5 to buy a new box to send it in.

Neither newegg nor the seller reached out to me after receiving the product. 5 days after the product had arrived at their facility, I reached out and asked if they'd gotten it, and they said yes. They said a refund would be pending. Ultimately, I would not recommend ordering any products from NewEgg. I found the same keyboard at Office Depot for $20 cheaper, and it was in new condition. I didn't have to wait for shipping or anything. I grew up doing all my shopping online, but in the future I'm going try shopping more at physical stores where possible. The experience was just nicer.

Hello Steven,

Thank you for taking a moment of your time to share your feedback with us. We are truly sorry to hear that your last visit with us, was anything less than stellar. This is not the type of experience we hope to provide to our shoppers, so we have made sure to forward this feedback to our team for a closer review. If there is anything else in particular we can try to assist you with, please feel free to message us directly.

Eva [Newegg Support]

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I purchased a computer for my daughter. I paid Newegg 1000$ for it then on Christmas morning when we went to turn it on... It wouldn't do anything and everything was hooked up. So I called and their customer service line was closed for Christmas then when I did get ahold of them 2 days after Christmas on Monday finally they said to send it back they would replace it. So they email me the shipping label and I send it back then I hear nothing for 3 days and I contact them again and they say it will be Jan 5th before they get the computer back. What the.... I received it in 2 days. Why does it take 8 for you to get it back. So then I wanted to get another 1 sent now, they tell me that they can refund me my money once they receive that one back on the 5th not before and that if I need it now I can go online and buy another one and then wait for them to refund me the money for the other one.

No I'm not going and giving another $1,000 for the same computer that didn't work the first time from you. Not happening. So I told them I just wanted the one I paid for the first time to be working and in my home. They said it would be expedited and I would have it one day one business day after they received the package. Well then the fifth comes and I contact them again cause I still haven't heard anything else from and they told me then that is still has to go through processing which is one to two days and then possibly be sent out 3 days after the 5th. Okay this is the 7th now and I still have not heard anything back from them and the only thing that I can get from them is that it's still processing.

I have never dealt with anywhere that has worst customer service skills or protocols ever. It's ridiculous. I paid for it. I did nothing but pay for what was supposed to have been of Christmas present that my daughter still has not gotten and it's the 7th of January now and they could careless that their product didn't work or that it ruined Christmas. But other than that I am overly put out that a company that is supposed to be reputable and highly recommended has such poor protocols and standards for dealing with situations like this. I have never and will never again deal with them and recommend that no one else does either.

Hi Stephanie,

I am truly sorry to hear of your disappointment with the processing of your return. I would like to further review this matter and explore any options we may have. Can you please send us a message with your order details?

Renee [Newegg Support]

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Unless you don’t follow tech at all, you’re well aware of the worldwide chip shortage that’s contributing to the near impossibility of locating and purchasing a recent video graphics card whose price isn’t being scalped by a greedy and opportunistic “reseller.” I was fortunate enough to be able to purchase an MSI GeForce RTX 3070 just before Christmas from Newegg. With the holiday shipping being what it is, my supposed 3-day shipping became 10 days. But I recognized that wasn’t Newegg’s fault.

What is Newegg’s fault, however, is as follows. My shiny new video card had a defective fan. I spoke to Newegg support who informed me that in order to receive a replacement, I would need to send in the card and a replacement would be shipped to me. Under normal circumstances, this wouldn’t be an issue. However, these are not normal circumstances. Given the dearth of video cards worldwide, I asked if I could purchase a replacement and then return the original card once I received the new one. I was told I could do this. Of course to do so would require the card be in stock. Luckily, it was! But it was earmarked for Newegg Shuffle.

Now, if you’re not familiar with the Shuffle, let me explain it. It’s basically the lottery, and the odds of winning aren’t much better. Essentially, for three or so hours, you can register for the items you would like to purchase. Then everyone who registers is placed in a randomized queue, and if any of the items you registered to purchase are still available by time your name is called, you have a short window in which you are granted the privilege of spending your hard-earned money on Newegg’s limited stock of (in this case) graphics cards. But it’s not that simple. People who don’t even want graphics cards register for the Shuffle. To the tune of literally tens if not hundreds of thousands of people, every time a shuffle occurs. People “play” the shuffle daily literally for years sometimes before they finally “win.”

Newegg’s support representative told me I could register for the shuffle and purchase the card that way if I won. But I knew that was unlikely and very kindly ask that given the circumstances they remove one card from the shuffle and let me purchase it to replace my defective one. Otherwise what I know would happen is I would return my defective card for a replacement, a replacement wouldn’t be available, and they would just refund my money. And that’s not at all what I wanted. If I wanted my money and not a graphics card, I would have simply never purchased a card. But the support representative either refused to or couldn’t grasp that. She said she would open a case to inquire in the event if I was not selected for the shuffle if I could be reselected. That seemed fishy to me, but it was the only option I was given.

I just received the email that my request to be re-entered as a “winner” for the one card I needed to replace my defective one was denied. Newegg clearly cannot, does not, and will not acknowledge the impossible scenario they have put me in. This was an absolute breakdown in customer service. The fact is, they had the card I needed. In stock! Ready to ship! Ready to go! They COULD have helped me, but they refused. Choosing rather instead to subject me to the same silly “shuffle” as everyone else despite the fact that I had already successfully purchased the product from them and had been shipped a defective one. Until this is resolved, I will never purchase an item from Newegg again and will do everything in my power to ensure no one else I know does either.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you send us a private message with your order number so we can further investigate this matter for you?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Newegg stole 8000$ from my company. We're a seller to Newegg for over 1 year, overnight Newegg put on hold our payments (8000 in pending) and is not sending us our money. They asked to do some steps and everything has been done, now they're ignoring all our emails. We sent more than 5 emails to different teams and emails, no one is answering. They literally stole our money and ignored us. We're escalating this to our lawyer and we will take the legal actions needed. Be aware and stay far from this company.

Hey Michael!

Please send us a private message with your order details so we can take a look into this for you.

Frank [Newegg support]

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I spent 2 weeks and 2 different orders with Newegg for them to void both orders. They kept saying our billing address didn’t match but we confirmed with the bank multiple times and the verification department refused to contact me to figure out the issue. The customer service was so unhelpful. They did nothing to help us.

Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with Newegg and trying to place an order. Please send us a private message so we can check into this further for you.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I live in Canada and purchased a gaming monitor for my son for Christmas through the Newegg.ca website. I also purchased the extended 2 year warranty.

The monitor lasted 1.5 days before turning black at the bottom left corner (about 1/4 of the the monitor surface). Newegg won't be held accountable because I ordered it more than 30 days prior to Christmas. The warranty company (CPS) is through the USA and won't cover the cost of shipping to the USA (I specifically purchased the product in Canada for this reason...just in case). I tried calling ASUS directly. Of course you can't speak with anyone, and I'll be surprised if they return my calls. So at the end of the day, it goes to show that the Consumers Act doesn't really help anyone who purchases Christmas presents before they run out of stock. The worst part is Newegg just wants absolutely nothing to do with being accountable to help.

Hello Gina,

We are truly sorry to hear of the trouble you are experiencing while trying to obtain warranty support for your purchase. Please allow our team to have a second look into this for you by sending us a message with your original order number.

Eva [Newegg Support]

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

What a crock of **, I have been dealing with Newegg for over 20 yrs. And I'm about to shut down my account with them. I placed a order for a WD Blue M.2 500 GB ssd, and a PCIe M.2 adapter card on the 18th of December for over 70.00. I Requested free shipping and was told it would arrive in 4-7 Business days, Well after the 8th Business day and still no package I contact Newegg, And I was informed they sent the package through something called UPS Mail Innovations.

They sent my package with UPS. On the 19th of December the item was left Indiana. On the 25th it Arrived at its final destination of Redding, Ca. and was transferred over to USPS. Where USPS then transferred it to a **UPS Facility** in San Leandro, Ca. 3 hours south of its final destination and then lost it!

The last report of the package was on the 27th leaving San Leandro in the hands of USPS. That was 2 days ago and there is no updates since. I contacted UPS and they said they transferred the package to USPS in Redding, Ca. 96002 But NO One can find the package currently. Then I find out that After the 4-7 Business days "Mail Innovations" has up to 10 days to deliver it to the Consumer who ordered it! So up to 17 days from the time it was Ordered, WTF! Newegg has slipped drastically in Shipping and Consumer affairs to the point of No return!

Hello Jeff,

We greatly apologize for the shipping delay that your orders are currently experiencing. Our records show that you were able to get in contact with out team, and a claim with the carrier has been filed to have the status of these late shipments further investigated. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at community@newegg.com

Renee [Newegg Support]