1.35/5

736 Newegg.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I have never experienced such terrible customer service. I've spent nearly two months being juggled and shuffled around, lied to, dropped, and accused all for a return that should have been covered originally. The part arrived faulty, I sent it back. Seller accused me of being the one to damage it because it was perfect and new when they sent it (Despite motherboards often being faulty because of manufacturing defects.). They don't have proof it was functional when sent, I didn't record an unboxing video to prove it arrived damaged. It's a he said she said situation where, instead of supporting the loyal customer, they backed the seller with a bunch of bad reviews from people with similar issues.

Then they had me take a bunch of photos of the damage. Not sure why, because my claim was it wasn't damaged by me. Photos of the part that was sent to me, returned to the seller, then sent back to me prove nothing but the part was damaged at some point. Then I got the final email denying me and slamming the case shut in my face in nearly the exact same words the seller sent me when I originally inquired at the start of all this. Myself and my immediate family will never shop Newegg again.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I have 2 orders on 10/9/2018. My orders cannot be processed but my debit card has been charged. Newegg assert that my orders should be refunded in full within 3 to 5 business days. Currently (20/9/2018) my orders doesn’t refund. I cannot contact with Newegg.

Hello KyDuyen,

I am sorry to hear you are having problem with your recent orders. If you supply me with the sales order number in a private message, along with a reference to this post, I would be more than happy to look into this further.

Derek [Newegg Support]

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Ridiculous customer "service"... Zero empathy regarding me having to wait for over a month, only to find out that my product was not being shipped out. Zero remuneration for my disadvantage. Their service has proved to be unreliable and support was unapologetic, with no regard in making me whole again in the experience... WILL NOT BE USING AGAIN... RUN LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Hello Chaz,

I am terribly sorry to hear about your most recent experience with Newegg. I would like to look into this further for you. Send me a private message with your sales order number, and please reference this post.

Kindly

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I have never had such bad service from a company. I placed an order close to three weeks ago. After a week and me checking where the order was, it was held up and so the customer service sent an email and then left me to my own on how to deal with it. I have been back and forth with third party company (all emails got sent to Newegg as well) and after two weeks of nothing, I asked for credit to my card so I can be done with them. Know this NEWEGG, I will NEVER use you again and will be sure to let all my contacts know never to use you either.

Hello Paul,

I am sorry for the trouble you have gone through with your order. I would like to further look into this for you. When time permits please send a private message with your order information so we can see what is going on with your particular order.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Buying your software digitally, because you need it now? Don't waste your time with Newegg. There is no such thing as an instant digital download with them, you will have to wait for them to send you a "receipt" e-mail... which sometimes they will wait to send till well after your order is completed (read days) and maybe even after a physical package would get to you.

Hello Allen,

I do apologize for any issue you had with your recent digital order with us. When time permits please send your order information over to us via a private message so we can further look into this for you.

Louis [Newegg Support]

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Ordered tons online, mostly from Amazon with zero problems. Always got what I ordered on time with no problems. I needed a new computer. In the past, I went to a local store like Best Buy, but this time I wanted to buy online. I went with an online retailer I never ordered from before, Newegg. With the computer was tacked on 400 dollars worth of software I did not want, but still, the price was comparable to Amazon, and I thought I was getting a good deal. Big mistake.

First, their default shipping is extremely slow and cheap, taking a week in most cases unlike Amazon, which often has free or cheap 1 or 2-day shipping. I could have gotten it the next day from Newegg if I wanted to pay 100 extra dollars. No big deal I thought. Also unlike Amazon, they don't allow you to modify the delivery at all, like having it left at a drop off station. So you have to call them and wait 30-50 minutes on hold in order to simply have them allow you to receive the package the way you want. Newegg requires a signature on the delivery, which makes sense for an over 1000 dollar computer. The problem is that FedEx doesn't try all that hard to see if you are home. Personally, I don't think they even rung my bell. I waited home for 2 days and never heard a knock or ring, only realizing FedEx was here after seeing their "missed delivery" notice on my door.

In short, don't order anything for Newegg, order from Amazon. Amazon has everything Newegg has, and they are faster, more responsive to their customers, and just easier to deal with. Given this experience as a first time Newegg customer, I plan to never order from them again. 10 days of waiting for my computer and still no luck. Just order from Amazon, you will be glad you did.

Hey there Doniel!

Sorry to hear about this but I would be happy to assist. Please send a private message with your order information! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

In the month of August, I ordered approximately $9,500 in products from Newegg Canada to build my computer. One of these orders were 1x Samsung 970 Pro 1TB and 1x Samsung 970 Evo 2TB (this particular item, amongst others, was purchased directly from Newegg to make sure I would not have any nasty surprises). Once opened the shipping I found out, to my dismay, that the Samsung 970 Pro did come through but the 970 Evo 2TB package was empty, no SSD, nothing at all. I contacted Newegg, sent them pictures, and also opened a claim. After waiting for a response, my claim was refused with no real explanation as to why. They made no effort to repair the damage, or refund me the value of the SSDs. I'm extremely disappointed and furious that they would act in such a dishonest way!

Hello Filipe,

I am so sorry for the delayed response and for what happened with your order. Please kindly send us a private message with your order information so we can double check on that for you.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I bought a $2400 laptop from Newegg.com on 8/10/18. The item shipped late, then UPS screwed up delivery. By 8/20/18 I decided to just buy another laptop locally as my course had began. I called Newegg customer service for a return, which they accepted. I also called UPS to return package to sender, which they also accepted. Newegg was however not having it, they reversed my request to return to sender, and insisted I receive the package. This seemed to result in UPS doing nothing with the shipment, as they knew that I did not want this package anymore. Now it is 9/12/18, I still don’t have my money, and have no idea when they will give it back. In the meantime, this laptop has never been in my possession. I would stay clear of this retailer, they are good at making promises they do not intend to keep.

Hello Walter.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message with your sales order information and we will look into this further. We hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I purchased smartphone from World Digital Store through Newegg sometime last August. Unfortunately after a few days World Digital cancelled the purchase...surprisingly the awkward reason they said customs won’t allow it then after a follow up World Digital said they promise to send it again if customs will allow it for free...(it’s **). My question is why they are selling their stuff if they know if they have an issue with customs...they should inform their customers Beforehand regarding their issue with customs & should stop selling their stuff until their issue has been resolve right...

Hello Bob.

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with the Marketplace seller. I have contacted our Marketplace team regarding this issue so they can further investigate. Should you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to send us a private message and we will be more than happy to help.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I am sure you have seen the endless posts on here about how Newegg and FedEx do not take responsibility for lost packages. I am here to tell you this is absolutely true and I fell prey to both these companies’ scamming tactics to rob me of $749.99. I ordered a graphics card by the name of EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 GAMING, 11G-P4-6593-KR, 11GB GDDR5X, iCX Technology - 9 Thermal Sensors & RGB LED G/P/M on July 26, 2018 from the website Newegg for $749.99. According to its FedEx tracking number, it was delivered on July 28, 2018 at 4:42 PM. If you look up this tracking number on FedEx’s website, it will show you this exact information.

The problem is that I diligently waited for my package all day and never received it. I have been in contact with Newegg and FedEx for over a month now with the responses generally going along the lines of, “Your claim has been denied. Please speak to the other company for information.” I kept filing my claim again and again, all while being given by FedEx and Newegg the same response each time: “Talk to FedEx as we cannot provide anymore information” from Newegg or “Talk to Newegg as we cannot provide anymore information.” from FedEx. This is exactly what a company would do if they were trying to scam you out of $749.99.

After much talk with incredibly rude managers/representatives from Newegg and FedEx, I received a new piece of information: I was being denied for 2 reasons. 1) The tracking information stated the package was delivered and 2) the package did not require a signature so FedEx will not take responsibility. Now comes the incredibly evil and sneaky thing that Newegg does. If you spend over $400 on Newegg, you qualify for free 2 day shipping via ShopRunner. Doing this sounds great until you find out AFTER that you can no longer request or pay for a signature from FedEx. So Newegg’s website restricts you from getting a proof of delivery which is required by FedEx in order to approve a claim. Now that FedEx denies the claim due to Newegg’s sneaky policies, Newegg is free to tell me that they will take no responsibility!

The worst part is that I contacted representatives several times about getting a signature because of the value of my package. Guess what they said? Signature would not be available, simple as that. In fact, I had it confirmed by multiple reps from Newegg that 2 day shipping does not allow for signing of the package. My worst fears came true when the package never arrived despite FedEx reporting it as delivered. When complaining about all of this to both companies this is how it went down: Newegg says it has been denied and they can do nothing and FedEx says they can give me no information besides it has simply delivered and that is the word of God.

There is absolutely no budging in this situation. I simply paid for an item and waited for it to come in, only for it to not come in. Newegg made the reckless decision to allow such an expensive package to go unsigned and FedEx made the stupid decision to report a stolen package as delivered and pretend that is the absolute word of God. Neither of the companies is willing to acknowledge the driver could easily have stolen my package, delivered to the wrong address, or not delivered it at all. Reporting Delivered is not proof of delivery.

It’s funny because another day when I called about what their investigation turned up, a FedEx representative mentioned that they drove back to my house and noticed I have 3 jars of plants on the front doorstep. Holy crap, I can drive over to any address in the city and make an observation about the front doorstep too! Unbelievable and unprofessional! FedEx has absolutely no proof besides this useless observation.

Despite all this, Newegg and FedEx still asked for a police report. I did exactly what they asked and filed a police report with tracking number ** for a lost property. Yet somehow, both companies continued to refuse to process my claim. It blows my mind that getting the police involved was not enough for either of these fraudulent companies. I have contacted my credit card for a charge dispute as a last ditch effort. Of course, they sent me a letter back saying I was denied with a print out of the FedEx tracking information. “Delivered on July 28, 2018.” There’s no winning here!

As you can see both companies fraudulently stole money from me and allowed whoever committed this theft to get a way with it! I mean, doesn’t it strike you as suspicious that Newegg PREVENTS signature as proof of delivery on their website? It seems like they manufactured this loophole so they could get out of reimbursing anyone back. Seriously, how could you let such an expensive ¾ of a thousand dollar purchase go unsigned? Let this be a warning to all customers to beware of FedEx and especially Newegg because if you do not receive your package and FedEx reported it as delivered anyways then you will completely be responsible for that item. DO NOT BUY FROM NEWEGG.

Hey Paul,

I'm extremely saddened to hear about your experience while shopping on our site and would like to take a second look into that for you. When the time permits, please send us a private message with your order details. I look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you!

Ernie [Newegg Support]

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I bought an item worth about $200. During the payment process, my address was autofilled in by PayPal and I didn't realize it used my old address. I never used Newegg, I don't understand why it just assumes my address. So fast forward a few days, when I got an item shipped email, I realized the address. Mind you I live 6 hrs away from my old address, and there's no way I'm driving 12 hours. Immediately I tried contacting Newegg. I waited an hour on the phone just to hear that they can't help me and I need to call Canada Post which I did and they were unable to help. I tried online chat as well, waited an hour in that too, all I got was what I already know.

I called on last time that day, and a lady was at least nice enough to try to resolve my problem, she told me to wait until it's shipped then they can make a pickup request. After it's shipped, I went on chat, asked for the request, and the person completely refused to help me. I left and joined another chat and he did the same thing. At this point I'm really mad, no one even acknowledges the pickup request and completely refuse to help. So I kept pushing the guy, until he finally decides the pickup request is a thing. Now I'm at a dead end hoping the pickup request works.

I know for a fact seller can retract the order and callback the package even in transit. They would have to contact the carrier on their behalf. Instead, they pushes it all to me, and I don't have the privilege to make changes to the order. I had a similar issue on eBay where I accidentally mistyped my street number, and they had it fixed in no time, and it was also in shipping. TLDR: address got autofilled, waited 6+ hours on phone and chat for crappy representatives that couldn't even get it solved. Still waiting for the pickup request.

Updated on 09/18/2018: Back and Forth CS - I wrote a review here explaining my problem. A representative took a look at it and messaged back. But a week ago they just left and haven't responded since. What is happening here? My problem wasn't even resolved.

Hey there David.

I am sorry to hear this but I would be happy to assist. Can you please send a private message with your order information? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

After getting bad advice and ordering the wrong Hard Drive and sending it back. After they sent the new and correct Hard Drive to the wrong state and never did get it to me, Newegg suspends my account? They failed, not me. I will no longer use or recommend Newegg.

Hey there.

I am sorry to hear about this and I would be happy to assist. Please send a private message with your order information. Looking forward to hearing from you !

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

This will be the last time I order from Newegg. I ordered on Tuesday the 4th and paid for 3 day shipping. From what I could tell at the time it was going to be 3 different package. Ok no big deal. Well two of them was coming from CA and other from IN. One ships within a few hours. Other one around the same time. So got 2 tracking numbers that one will be here Thursday and one Friday. Everything seemed to be going fine then it took over 24 hours for my other package to even get out of the packaging phase. Finally get a tracking number and it's telling me Monday it will be delivered. If I knew it was going to take that long I would had paid to upgrade shipping to 2 days or something. By the time you get through the 100+ queue to talk to someone it's too late to even try to upgrade shipping. Ridiculous.

Hey there,

I am very sorry to hear about the shipping issues and I would be happy to assist. Please send a private message with your order information. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

My order is Order #**. I bought Refurbished: Dyson DP01 Pure Cool Link Desk Air Purifier & Fan | White/Silver in 8/25. I paid for 186.44. Never receive the product. Never successfully contacted the customer service. Highly unrecommended.

Hello Chenxi,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message with your sales order information and we can look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Purchased two Klipsch Icon KF-28 Dual 8" 2-way Floorstanding Speakers. They were delivered by FedEx all busted up and destroyed. FedEx driver told me to contact Newegg. Newegg had me send photos of all the damage so I did. After several days they got back with me and told me they would send replacements. I asked that they send UPS and mark them as fragile. Few days later FedEx showed up and showed me again that the packaging was destroyed and the speakers were all busted up. Newegg customer service had me send photos again and this time stated they would get it right.

At this point I have been charged for three speakers when I only purchased two, only have 1 good speaker delivered and over three weeks later they are still giving me excuses to why I have not received my order or refund. They have lied to me, not return phone calls and on 9/3/18 I emailed replied a rep that lied about inventory and told her if I did not receive a actual phone call from someone resolving this issue I would be posting negative reviews. As you can see they do not care. Horrible products because of being defective or damaged and also horrible customer service.

Updated on 09/05/2018: I posted a early review about a horrible buying experience, receiving damaged and defective product from Newegg and only getting excuses with no resolution. They replied saying they would handle it or refund. That is a lie!! Do not believe the replies Newegg post. On the phone today with a Rep and manager and the manager not only would not send replacement at same cost but called me a liar and tried to charge me more for the item I already paid for. Then when I told him I was promised it would be expedited for free he again called me a liar. Worse buying experience ever!! Total nightmare! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AND DO NOT BELIEVE THEIR REPLIES TO CUSTOMERS!!

Hello Morris,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your recent purchase. I can understand your frustration. I looked into your inquiry further, and it does appear that as of 8/30/2018 your refund has been submitted back to your original form of payment. Please allow 3-5 business days for it to be available in your account. We do apologize for the delay in response, as we are coming off a 3 day weekend, and were closed on 9/3/2018 for the national holiday. -Derek [Newegg Support]

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

So a week ago, I ordered an item on Newegg but I decided to canceled it a few minutes after. I even received an email confirmed that my order has been canceled. I thought everything is going fine until 4 days after that, Newegg charged my credit card. I took a look inside my account and see no order. I even contacted my bank and there is no pending transactions. I tried to contact to Newegg with both iMessages and email but I see no answer. Summary, Newegg is keeping my money for no reason and doesn’t seem like they want to give it back. The customer service is unreachable and one of the worst I have seen. I want my money back and I want Newegg to stop this from happening to everybody else.

Hello Ryan,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your most recent order. Please send me a private message with your sales order number, and I will look into this further to make sure this issue is resolved in a timely manner. -Derek [Newegg Support

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Newegg as a whole is fine. Good products and sometimes good deals. The reason I'm giving them 1 star is because they use FedEx. FedEx is the worst delivery company! My delivery date was supposed be 8/29 and they still haven't delivered it. It's be at the local warehouse for 3 days now. The website says "No attempt made, delivery scheduled for next business day" for last 3 days. When I call FedEx they say it's out for delivery, but they never attempt to deliver it! The reason why people love Amazon so much is the fact they get their items faster because they mostly use UPS.

Hey there Rad,

I am very sorry to hear this but I would be happy to assist on changing your preferred shipper. Please send an order number or account information so I can assist you in changing that. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I ordered this laptop on a Sunday night and picked it up at my local FedEx office (I didn't trust FedEx delivery to deliver to my house) the following Wed. afternoon. After reading some of these reviews I was concerned but I am very satisfied with my Newegg experience and this is my first Acer laptop and so far so good. Item was factory new in Acer packaging.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I ordered Symantec licenses early Monday morning. I then received an email that my card has been changed, ok I thought they have my money. I should be getting the licenses soon. I check the order online, it says "packaging". Packaging? The licenses are just a long list of numbers. I read that it can take 1 or 2 days to deliver digital downloads. Ok, I can wait a day or two. Tuesday comes and goes, still nothing. It's 4:45 so I try to contact customer service to see if there is a problem. At 5:30 I give up, I tried. Phone was hung up on. Asked for a callback, 10 minutes later I received a message, they will not be calling. Tried chat and then spent too long as number 35 in the queue before I realized I was no longer counting down.

I paid with money and then started paying with my more valuable time. Wednesday morning I send my number for a callback, wait time is 73 minutes. A few minutes short of that I receive a call. The connection is horrible but I finally got someone so I deal with it and keep asking him to repeat. He makes some calls to other departments and tells me I will definitely get an email by the end of this the 2nd day. It's the second day if half a week equals two days.

End of Wednesday comes and I make another attempt and contacting them. The chat queue is 100 long, callbacks are down so I wait on hold for 24 minutes. The representative checks on the order, can't figure it out and after some pointed questioning asks if I want to cancel the order. I do. She does and says a confirmation email is on the way. Two hours later, I haven't heard anything from them. No confirmation letter and licenses and few hundred dollars charged to my credit card. I want my money and my time back.

Hello Charles,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your order. Send me a private message with your sales order number, and I will look into this further, and see what I am able to do.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Alrighty, so I bought an "INSIGNIA NS-PMG248 Black 24" 1ms Widescreen LCD/LED 144Hz Gaming Monitor Tilt and Swivel Adjustable Display Cable & HDMI Cable included" - for 140 or so. The screen was damaged when it came. Took them TWO whole weeks (as of today!) and it finally was resolved. Not after being lied to by a supervisor saying it would take 24 hours for a ticket to be generated, 24 hours later pass by, turns out they had NO replacements left! They gave me a refund which takes 3 business days. They offered me a digital card and EVEN THAT takes 1-2 days to deliver. I mean are you kidding me? Really? Ive talked to Microsoft and Dell who use people who barely speak English but somehow, I am still able to get a much faster and better experience overall.

I can't give zero stars. But they deserve it. 0/10 and if Newegg you respond to this. Speed up my ** refund, if there's any issues with that somehow like the monitor I will just go directly to my bank and resolve this. Overall: absolutely terrible customer services. 0/10 stars. I can and will provide order #s and etc. to prove I am a VERIFIED buyer.

Hello Reese.

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your return. Send me a private message with your sales order number and I would be happy to look into this further for you.

Derek [Newegg Support]

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

The shipping only took 3 days and when everything arrived I was able to hook it all up with ease. The computer runs fabulous and so fast! I highly recommend. It also is very cool that the side of the desktop is see through and has red lighting on the inside so you can see through it.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Ordered product on August 10. Said 5-7 business days for delivery. Checked website with tracking number a week later. Website said, awaiting delivery scan on 16th. Checked a week after on the 24th. Same info. Chat agent said product is lost. Submitting claim with seller. Let's see how long this claim takes to resolve. I have been told 1-2 business days to hear from seller and if not then I will get a call from support. If I don't hear by early next week, I will visit site and add more comments. Have had ZERO problems with Amazon. Should have paid a little more and gotten my product with them.

Hey there Uday!

I am very sorry to hear about this but I did see you have contacted us already for assistance. If you still require further assistance then please let me know!

Nicholas [Newegg Support]

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

The platform is pro-seller and anti-buyer. I had an issue where the seller shipped a completely wrong item. Newegg sided with seller and denied my claim. Thanks Heavens that I had PayPal and my Visa credit card in between and they are still working on the case. The outcome is awaited but overall, Newegg did not own any responsibility and closed the case as such. Despite of me having provided with all relevant pictures (right of the time item was received). I will NEVER EVER buy stuff again from Newegg.com.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I had purchased a combo speaker set to Newegg when my package arrived it only had part of my order. I was supposed to receive 4 speakers to amplifiers and crossovers. When I called in to their customer support team I was told the listing was incorrect and I would only be receiving the 2 speakers. I informed them that according to their online site which is still active that these were available in stock and for the correct items and they had listing of what items were included. They did offer me a refund upon returning the items. But I wanted to items that I had purchased. They said it was a listing through Nutrend. Then why are there in total of 11 companies selling the same items thru Newegg. I purchased a product thru them and if listing is error then fine send me what you paid for and take site down. I even filed a complaint to the BBB but not too much help.

For the last 2 weeks since filing with BBB and them supposedly taking the site down I still receive daily emails With the items that I purchased as an option to buy and how not to miss out on this great savings. I get that mistakes happen but in any retail situation I've ever known of If there was a discrepancy in price and items the customer was always taking care of and then the change may so I didn't happen further. Nutrend took their listing off now still 9 sites Listing the items that I had purchased as available in stock and available for order all through Newegg. Did I happen to mention that when Newegg and Nutrend would call it was the same 1800 number hmmm. I think this is a bait and switch. Both companies have told neither is responsible for the mistake. My question is who then?

If these companies that have a Certified BBB rating are not going to step and take responsibility for the mistake and make it right then they both need to have the BBB rating taken away. It falsely lead other like me to believe that they are a credited company that can be trusted. Has in my case they can't be. One last thing by the way. As of just before I sent this out that item is still online, in stock, and available for other to purchase. Seems Newegg and these companies get around being responsible by saying that listed is thru another companies.

Updated on 09/02/2018: I am again writing a review in Hopes that this time Newegg will resolve issue. I never got my complete order that you are STILL advertising and show available by 7 companies on your website. I replied to your request to contact you through the private chat on consumer reports but it's been over a week with no reply. I'm finding that your company has no regard for customer service. You tell me listing is being taken off your site when a month later it is still available for anyone to purchase. Its False Advertising and unprofessional. Can anyone say Bait and Switch. Because from my perspective that's what this is. You send me part of a order then say it's listed wrong but still selling to others. Why is that I wonder. I hope this posting will allow you the opportunity to make right what you should have a month ago. I should not have to go through all these hoops to reach the person at your company to fix this.

Hey there Daneil!

I am very sorry to hear this has occurred and I would be happy to assist. Please send a private message with your order information. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Nicholas [Newegg Support]

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I purchased 2 separate orders of 2 items each and paid to only receive an email saying they wanted me to cancel due to incorrect pricing. This is unacceptable. Where does the company draw the line in business to be accountable for their own errors? If I buy an item for 500 and the seller or Newegg wants more money for the item say 550 what stops them from price gouging? Their actions are illegal in e commerce and the consumer should not have to cancel their order or pay the difference. It doesn’t matter if their terms of service states “we are humans and makes errors”. Newegg is responsible and must eat or pay for the error not the consumer. End of story.

Hi Daniel,

I do apologize for any issues you had with your online shopping experience with us. I would like to look into this further for you. Please send us your order number via private message at your earliest convenience.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I ordered an LCD screen assembly on 07/29/2018, default shipping would have taken 18 business days, but I really needed to meet a deadline and they offered a 5-7 business days option so I foolishly paid the 30$ extra for that expedited shipping. We are at business day 9 now and I pretty much no longer need the item. At this point since I missed the deadline, I plan on receiving it whenever it is finally delivered and sending it right back (PayPal will gladly pay for my return shipping). Hopefully Newegg wont be as bad with refunds.

Hey there Haruna!

I am sorry to hear this but I would be happy to assist. Can you please send me a private message with your order information. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I ordered an item on their website and they sent me an incorrect item. After contacting customer service, they refused to refund me the full amount I paid and refused to pay for return shipping. Their customer service representative also informed me they had deleted the item and link from their website only three days after ordering. Now one month later, I still have not received a refund and am now stuck with the incorrect item that I have no use for. I guess if you like receiving a surprise bag this company is for you, however if you actually want the item you ordered, AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

Good morning, Jason!

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention. I'm deeply saddened to hear your experience and would love to assist you immediately. Please send us a private message with your order details so I may further investigate this issue.

Thank you!

Ernie [Newegg Support]

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Ordered computer on Aug 1 and in verifying card, Newegg cancelled order because name not exact down to the middle initial. Ordered computer again - this time by phone and customer service made sure that all the names, numbers and addresses matched. After my email stating order was complete... they again cancelled order. Called credit company and they never received this second inquiry for verification despite cancellation email from Newegg asking me to contact my card company and that it was a verification issue. Can't believe that it's been cancelled this second time and son still doesn't have laptop for school. Terrible.

Despite high recommendation from a programmer, we will take our $1,100.00 Dell purchase to Amazon who has model at a comparable price with free 2 day shipping. I don't know where or how Newegg is measuring their customer retention numbers, or how often orders are cancelled through their verification process, but my $1,100.00 order was cancelled twice using a card that I have held for 25years. You might want to review that process before more customers turn to Amazon like we did.

Hello Chris.

Oh no! Sorry to hear about the issue you had with your order. Please send me a private message with your sales order number and I will look into what occurred, and what we can do to prevent this type of situation going forward.

-Derek [Newegg Support]

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Ordered keyboard/mouse combo - wrong color delivered. Sent item back the next day and they did not receive as processed for 17 days! Rep argued with me that it was my error when I know I ordered black, not silver - all I wanted to do was have it replaced with right color. The rep told me I would have to use the website to do this - website confusing, tried to reorder in black and somehow got an RMA number for a refund. They charged a fee to return, and it's been 22 days and still no refund!

Oh my!

I am very sorry to hear about this Scott and I would be happy to assist. Please send me a private message with your order information. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My order was placed with standard 5-7 day shipping. Today I received an email that my order was delivered - to Tucson, Arizona - my shipping address is in North Carolina!!! I would understand the mix up, if I hadn't just spent 4 hours trying to reach someone by chat, text, or phone! No one! I'm glad I paid with PayPal - at least I can file a claim with them!

Hello Kimberly,

I am very sorry to hear about the difficulties you encountered with the delivery status of your order. That is definitely not good! When the time permits, please send us a private message with your order details so we may investigate the matter with USPS.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,