1.31/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

836 Newegg.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Bought a gaming laptop from their site, was refurbished but in the end paid close to $1000. 11 days before Christmas I open it to set it up so my son will have it ready to go, can't get past the setup screen as the screen keeps going black. Contact customer service, after a lengthy chat they tell me it is non-refundable as it was refurbished. They request my information to release to vendor so the vendor can take it back. I now have to buy another laptop for Christmas as they say it will take 3-7 business days to resolve this internal ticket. How can a company sell something, ship it in a box with their name on it but then refuse to refund my money when the product is defective. Never using them again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

My experience with Newegg has been negative. I ordered 3 headsets, none of them worked. You can’t email them and the chat function told me that I was number 132 in line. There is a text option, but both times I tried it I was informed that it wasn’t working after I carefully wrote out all my information. I called and they called me back after 30 minutes. I had to give the rep my order number even though I had entered it when I initiated the call. I was told to return the headsets and a label was sent to me. The paperwork with the label said I was returning one item at $8.99 even though my invoice clearly states that I purchased 3 at $9.99 each. Simply pressing “print” for the return label created a disjointed 3 page document, I had to work to reformat it. And then the return label is for FedEx, I had to search for a location and found that the nearest one is 8 miles from my house.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

On 11/23/18 I ordered the much sought after Berry Blue PS4 Game Controller for $49.99 (selling everywhere else for $65), received order confirmation right away. 2 days later received an email showing the charge to my card. In that email is said shipping was 4-7 business days. It's a Christmas gift so that was fine. I also chose a Walgreen's delivery location FROM THEIR WEBSITE so my son wouldn't see it. On 12/2/18 I received email below.

"Thank you for shopping at Newegg. Unfortunately, we encountered a problem when trying to ship your order. There may be an error in one of the address fields. It is also possible that your ZIP code was entered incorrectly or possibly that shipping carrier cannot provide service to your current shipping address or ZIP code. Here are some other common causes for a shipping error:

"Typo in the shipping address fields - City, State or ZIP code. Wrong City, State or ZIP - one or more of these do not match the others. Shipping carrier does not provide service to the area you want your order shipped to. Shipping carrier determines that your ZIP code belongs to a P.O. Box type area which they cannot service. At this point, you will be refunded to your original method of payment. Please feel free to use our Newegg Address Manager function to check your shipping information. This may help solve the current and any future shipping problem."

How could there be a shipping error if all MY info was correct and the delivery location was one of their options? I feel they returned my order for the $49.99 so they could sell it for the $65 their website showed at the time. Now they have it on sale for $59. I did get my money back but not a good first time experience and probably will not buy from them again. 0/10 stars.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Ordering from Newegg Business was an absolute headache. I ordered a processor from them on November 27th. I received a notification that the shipping label was created the next day. For the next several days, no updates to the shipping status. I finally got curious as to what was going on and called them on Monday to figure it out. As it turns out, the shipping label must have gotten lost because the product never shipped! If I wouldn't have called, I probably would never receive the product that my credit card had already been charged for!

They did finally ship it, but I still have yet to receive it! No offer to next day it to me or anything after they completely dropped the ball. As of today I have been waiting 10 days for this processor, and the wait continues. I ordered parts on the same day from OutletPC, which also has a warehouse in California and received the parts in two days. I now have a fully built PC that I cannot use. I will NEVER, EVER order from Newegg Business or Newegg again after being a customer of theirs since the nineties.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I just purchased the MSI GP73 Leopard-014 17.3" 120 Hz FHD GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM i7-8750H 16 GB Memory 256GB SSD 1TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit GAMING LAPTOP. And I find out it can't play Assassin's Creed Odyssey or Assassin's Creed Origins, because it doesn't have enough processing power. It is a good laptop for running multiple applications at once, but it is useless to me as a gaming laptop.

I trusted Newegg when it said this would work as a gaming laptop. Now I have a brand new computer that cost $1,700 and doesn't play games. And Newegg is going to charge almost $200 as a restocking fee! That is inexcusable. Meanwhile, I will lose income while I am again without a laptop for work. This is an incredible amount of hassle and cost. I am deeply, deeply disappointed. I am waiting to talk to someone at Newegg. I really believed Newegg was a better company than this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Purchased a $950 laptop on Cyber Monday 11/26 and it showed delivery on Dec 2 or 3... They now ESTIMATE on the 8th?? On the 4th their customer service said on the 5th or 6th... Didn't happen. They say they take 1 to 3 days to actually process... and then FedEx let it sit for 3 days in same location. I will not buy from them again. Used to buy a lot from them. 11 days since order and still waiting on what was advertised as 5 to 7 days shipping.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

It is not the 1st time that I order from Newegg but it seems I've been lucky all the time. I order 2 "refurbished phone" but one does not even charge. This time I have tried to contact their customer support, without having anybody calling, texting, chatting back. I have tried several days (1 week) in a row and at different times very early or very late. Tried also to contact the partner Sold by "Vius" which never answer the phone emails. Finally got really annoyed and decided to make this review.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Horrible! Over many years I have spent thousands of dollars at Newegg, mostly on computer components and cases for numerous PC builds. They used to be a great outfit, with good deals and great customer service, but not anymore. I recently ordered a product which resulted in me receiving a "Newegg Promotional Gift Card" in my email which was supposed to be able to be used towards a later purchase.

When making that purchase 2 weeks later, there was no place where to apply the gift card when checking out. I checked the self-help section that said it was to be entered at the upper portion of the checkout screen, but there was NOT any such place, either on the shopping cart screen or the "Final Checkout" screen to apply the credit. I looked many times and very closely, but there was NO such place. So after calling Newegg and being told my wait time would be close to an hour, I used their texting help method which immediately acknowledged my message and told me that someone would be back to me within a few minutes.

After 2 days without a response, I decided to call again and was told my wait time would be 9-15 minutes. So after holding for 38 minutes, I finally got a rep who couldn't help me and put me on hold to talk to someone else. My phone then disconnected the call. At this point, I give up, and am canceling my current order of nearly $200 in my cart and will never go back there again. It has a bad smell now. Something creepy has happened there and it's now just another place to avoid. I'm really sorry to see it end this way.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Placed an order on Cyber Monday for a Dyson V6 vacuum. They told me my order was rejected because my billing address did not match my credit card billing address. I called the credit card company and they said that the charge was approved. I called Newegg back and after 3 hours of waiting for a call back I received notification that when you use a PO Box you have to spell out the word box even though it is not that way with my credit card company. After my order was confirmed I received an additional email from them a week later saying my order has been cancelled by Dyson the manufacturer. I then called Dyson and was informed that Newegg had actually cancelled the order and they couldn't tell me the reason why and I should go back to Newegg. I went back to Newegg and again got to sit on hold for 45 minutes after being told it would be 5 to 11 minutes.

The customer service agent told me that it was canceled by Dyson because they were out of stock. I related to her that I had spoken with Dyson and they said that Newegg had plenty of stock. The representative told me she would contact Dyson and see what she could do. After being on hold again for 10 to 15 minutes she came back on and told me that they have plenty of stock but they could no longer honor the price that was given on Cyber Monday. End result I ordered it, they charged my credit card and then they did not follow through with their advertisement nor would they honor the price from Cyber Tuesday. They now wanted an additional 50 to $70 more for the item. This is my first and only experience with this company and they should be called Bad Egg not Newegg. Hours on the phone terrible customer service, shop somewhere else with a more reliable company. If the price is too good to be true it usually means there's something wrong.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I received an empty package, my 128 go USB was not inside, nothing was. I tried calling and automated system said I would have an 11 to 17 minute wait. I waited 30 minutes and finally gave up. I tried the SMS Text system and it said it was not available now. I tried for a live chat and it said I was Number 267 in line to be helped. This company should be shut down for deceiving customers and committing fraud.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I ordered a microphone on this website and never received it. I was never updated on my purchases or shipping status. Honestly save the trouble and spend a few more dollars shopping on a less shady website. Also, immediately after I made my purchase it took me to a window telling me to sign into my bank account in an obviously scammy way. I instantly regretted making a purchase from a website that would let that happen and has probably led to other people getting their information stolen. Definitely a 0/10 experience.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Ordered tires for my work trailer on 11/20. Week later I emailed to find out that my order was canceled and would receive refund. Week later I emailed and called numerical times to find my refund. Newegg blamed Mega Auto Parts and they blamed Newegg. After being on the phone and hold for an hour and a half I was told by Newegg that I would receive my money in 3-5 days. Both Newegg and Mega Auto Parts customer service were rude and acted as if I was wrong somehow??? Get it together guys!!! For your own sake!!! Never again for me!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Hello, on 11/26/2018 I purchased some items to build a computer for my little brother. I have 5 out of 6 items in my order. I am Currently missing the Motherboard. Over the last couple days I have sent texts to a nonexistent Newegg chat, been on hold for hours until past the written hours on the website. I am missing the key component to this computer.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Your credit card statement says $420 for a wrong size video card but after 1.5 hours on hold and another 45 minutes with an agent, you convince them to refund you and only $360 credit appears on your account. It turns out the so-called free game they gave you is determined to be $60 and they subtract it from your refund, even though you didn't really want it. Do you follow? If you have trouble with any aspect of this company's products are you willing to waste an hour on a website where return buttons work for everything except your product? And are you willing to wait another hour to chat to people who aren't there or text folks who don't respond or wait hours while you do all your dishes, make your bed and vacuum until someone says, "Hello can I help you?" Business with Newegg is self-destructive. Were this still the first world, we'd have legal recourse.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I got the wrong product from these guys. I called to get the right product. They said, "Sure thing, FedEx will come get the wrong one tomorrow." We boxed it up (a very complicated process for the item we purchased) and waited a week. We then spent hours on the phone with them while on vacation. They promised it would be fixed. Promised us a $25 gift card and that FedEx would come. Waited longer. FedEx never came. Gift card never came. Called them again. This time they told us the return was never processed and they'd need us to unpack the 150lb box again and take pictures for them. What a waste of time! Now we can't get it back in the box again and don't want to waste our time. Called the credit card company to reverse the charge.

We felt bad and decided to give Newegg another chance. Called them again. Explained the whole situation and the lady said "Let me put you on hold while I look into this." Five seconds into being on hold we get a call from the same lady. Apparently we were in their callback system multiple times. She called to start the process over like we were the next people. When we told her we were already on hold with her she hung up. Another guy called us back immediately. Apparently we were in the system 3 times. Start the explanation process again. He says they need pictures again and offers is a $25 gift card for our trouble. I informed him that since we were already owed one, he should make it $50. He hung up on me. Now I'm stuck with the wrong thing and they're not doing anything about it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

The site kept stating absolute ridiculous reasons for why the product couldn't be delivered. "Receiver moved" or "couldn't find address" despite the address being clearly valid, it was almost impossible to not find it. No, I did not move or relocate. The product eventually ended up being sent back to where it came from, starting this whole delivering process from day one. I ended up waiting in their live chat for 5 HOURS before it completely froze and I was placed back at the end of the queue. I honestly believe that this "live chat" is completely fake. DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THIS SITE. HORRIBLE SERVICE. There are much better sites like Amazon or eBay. I've been waiting for my small little keyboard for almost TWO weeks now with no sign of delivery or any kind of updates. Honestly the worst experience I have ever had with online ordering. I wish I could give 0 stars. SERIOUSLY, DO NOT ORDER FROM NEWEGG DESPITE WHAT YOU HEAR.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Purchased on the 26th of Nov. On the 29th was sent an email stating shipped via FedEx and sent a tracking number. Found out today (Dec.3) still not shipped and do not expect until Dec. 13th. WOW not good service. Tried to call and recording stated a wait of 44 minutes. Tried lived chat and screen stated queue number was 760... Should have bought from Amazon!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I just purchase a computer on Black Friday. The window 10 CD ROM provided does not have the code to activate. I made a call & the wait time is 22 minutes. I've been waiting for 2 hours & yet still waiting.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I bought an MSI curved gaming monitor for my husband from Newegg.com since they advertised a $30 rebate via mail. Fine, I can deal with it. However, they make the consumers going through hoops with the 6 steps rebate claim card. You have register the promotion number, file out the registration form, cut the ORIGINAL UPC barcode from the production box - and you know how easy it is to do this, attach this to the sale that you have to print it out since you buy it online, mail it in within 21 days of purchase to QUALIFY. In other words, newegg.com makes it as impossible as it could for any purchasers to claim that $30 rebate. You might as well buy it from somewhere else with the same price and save you the hassle of going through the hoops and end up with nothing. Stay away from newegg.com. I wish I researched it first before making purchase.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

This company does not even worth giving a star. I ordered a keyboard for my laptop and when it arrived it was already defective and did not fit into my laptop. So I requested for a return and they kept told me they can send a replacement and kept asked me what is wrong with it even after I told them many times that it does not fit, it was defective, and I want a refund. They won't tell you where to return. You literally have to fight against them to get a return address.

I told them many times that the keyboard was defective and does not fit, they did not believe me. So they asked me to send photos of the keyboard. So I sent the photos of the keyboard and then they finally sent me a return address. And then I went to the UPS and paid $10.00 shipping fee out of my pocket. UPS confirmed the item has returned to the Newegg. However, I have not received my refund $13.95 for 6 days. They have not responded to my emails. I sent them emails twice today and I still have not heard from them and they are not giving me a refund. I am so frustrated dealing with them and one of their staff must be stupid. They said "Did the one we send not fit?" when I already told them many times that the keyboard they sent me does not fit. So unprofessional and lazy staff. I will never deal with them in the future and their customer service is terrible as well. Overall, I am really disappointed and I will never use them in the future.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

First of all, a company must have a good customer support, this is the key for success, you must give your customer the feeling that if he has a problem or for some reason need to get support for his order, he will get it - that he is not alone. In my case I have a delayed delivery. Though I did get my first order, waiting for my other one for more than expected, due date already passed. And after trying to reach CS by chat that placed me for 6 time on line of 800 customers before me, and then finally when I get close to my turn - it disconnected, also after posting a ticket about 4 times at Newegg website for support and no reply.

THEN I'M SORRY, I know that after I build my PC from my orders if I will have a problem - I won't be able to contact you, so from this kind of website I won't buy again. It's monkey business. Learn from Amazon's CS, answer you before you get the time to breathe after you have sent a CS ticket, wrapping you with care and making sure you are satisfied - this will always make me buy there. Now I did a mistake - never to be repeated, first and last until you get things done properly.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have given Newegg a few hundred thousand dollars over the years supporting them. They come out with the Premier plan to compete with Amazon for faster shipping blah blah blah. Well guess what. They can't even compete. Most the time Newegg's pricing is higher. They ship FedEx and it's slow and delays jobs. The queue to chat with morning I was number 147 to wait to find out where my shipment is because it's status now over a week showing no status at the moment. Even open box items they sell are not tested. They just ship back out to the customer like a Asus router I got that was dusty. Been used for a while and stuck in a boot loop.

It's obvious they are having a hard time fulfilling customer orders. Amazon has a much better fulfillment center and logistics setup. I would look at them, eBay, or other places to start shopping. Newegg.com is one of those businesses that got too big and forgot what real customer service is, it's more than a number. Goodbye Newegg.com.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Hi, I've never used Newegg before but I heard good stuff and my friend recommended me to order from this website because they get good sale. So couple months later I started looking for deal because of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I ordered my Ryzen CPU on Black Friday with stand shipping. Everything was fine till it got shipping. My estimated delivery date went from November 30 to December 3 and now it's December 5. That's not it, my motherboard order took 1 day to process my item and now it's been 4 days that is ''packaging.''

The worst is that I paid for express shipping, and it says 2-5 business days. When I talked to the customer service they said, it's 2-5 days after the 3-4 days of processing the order (because you're in Canada). Well damn right I am in Canada that's why I use Newegg.CA. Some will say there is problem with Canada post. You're right, but how come Amazon ships with Canada post and deliver the service I pay for and not Newegg. First and last time I order from them, poor customer service, poor shipping.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

In 2016 Newegg provided confidential customer records to the State of CT, leading to surprise tax bills for many of their previously loyal customers, including myself. You can Google that to read the details. I was furious and swore never to buy from them again. Recently I broke down and ordered something from them that I couldn't find elsewhere. Their service & shipping time has proven to be longer than promised by at least 100%. 4-7 day delivery promise looking more like 14+ days. Now I feel like the stupid one, because they fooled me twice. But that's the last time. Caveat emptor.

Hello Philip,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Please send us a private message with your sales order information and we will look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I ordered a dual-channel DDR4 RAM during their Cyber Week sale (which was not even part of this sale) and while processing was within their 2 day window, my item was not shipped with the 3-day shipping that I paid extra for. I tried to contact chat regarding this and was on a queue of 700+ and waited over 5 hours. I lost my place in line multiple times and gave up and tried the next day. I was finally able to get a chat rep the next morning and did nothing but try to appease me with the $7 refund for my negative experience. This was only done so that my shipment would no longer ship the 3-day shipping I requested in the first place because I discovered that my shipment would arrive to me 4 business days after taking the 2 full days to process my order in the first place.

I have been a loyal Newegg customer for 8 years and this is the only time I've had an issue with them until this came along. These past several days in dealing with this issue have been a nightmare and I wouldn't recommend this company until they get their act together. They are fully aware that Cyber Week sales will be very busy, why aren't they hiring more temps to help out with their workload? I believe the problem comes down to human power and they did not appear to have done this, despite knowing that they have Cyber Week sales yearly.

Hello Randee,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have ordered 2 parts from Newegg in the past week of 2. My most recent purchase 2 x 8gb G.Skill TridentZ RAM was ordered on 11/27/18 around 1 pm EST. I spent waiting for until 11/28/18 at around 10 pm EST for the order to process on Newegg's side as my money was already out of my account. I paid for 2 day shipping and it was supposed to be here on 11/30/18. It will not be arriving until late 12/1/18. I attempted to get in contact with Customer support yesterday 11/28/18 and was 1112 in queue for chats and was in that she for around 5 hours. I called as well and had to wait over another hour. My issue was unresolved and attempted to get in contact again on 11/29/18. I have been waiting in chats for over an hour and on hold on a call for 50 minutes.

Hello Christopher,

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

My order was voided and I'm waiting 12 days so far and still no refund. Customer Service is non-existent. Online chat put me in queue at 700, meaning 700 ahead of me. Phone support 'claims' wait time is 5 - 10 minutes, but I've waited up to an hour and no one has answered yet so I eventually hung up. There is no way to reach their customer service. I have no choice but to dispute the transaction with my credit card. Horrible company. If you orders works out as expected, you can be fine, but if for some reason you need to contact CS, forget about it.

Hello Sochy,

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I purchased several computer components on 11/26/2018. I verified that all items were being sold and shipped by Newegg — they are. Out of all the components, the computer case was shipped independently and is on its way. They met their estimated ship date for the case on 11/27/2018. However, every other component has been met with an extreme delay. The original estimated ship date was 11/27/2018 (the same as the case), but here we are two days later and the items have yet to leave the "packaging" phase. The original delivery date was supposed to be today. The fact that the items had not shipped concerned me concerned yesterday, so I attempted to contact Newegg via all of their methods.

I sat in a Live Chat queue for 4 hours, only to move up to 540th in line from 720th. I texted them only to receive no text in return, and sent them a second text letting them know I had received no response to the first. I still have not received a text in response to either of those. I called them and got a call-back spot. The automated voice over the phone told me I should wait about 20 minutes prior to receiving my return phone call. Two hours went by before I got a call. The call rang once (felt like a text message in my pocket) and by the time I pulled my phone out the call had ended. No voicemail was left.

I understand that Black Friday and Cyber Monday must be insane for these guys, but their customer service is just abysmal when trying to resolve issues. You'd think they've done this for enough years and know they need to stock up on manning to be able to handle the volume. Unfortunately, they don't. I am currently sitting on hold, for which I was told would be 20 minutes, and have been waiting for 34 minutes. For the heck of it, I bought another item from another vendor on Newegg's website yesterday. It shipped out the same day and is on its way. The weak link here is Newegg, and it is truly disappointing.

Hello Andrew,

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

This provider for the most part will be good about shipping, but in some cases there will be a mistake. And they handle it very poorly at Newegg. For the past month since 11/6/18, I've only been left with disappointment. For starters, they don’t really show any real status of a return, apparently the one time I ask during 11/21 it has processed as no replacement could be found. I thought it would be fine, Id just ask for a refund check. So going to customer support I couldn’t receive any help for a week until someone had mentioned it was possible for them to send a refund check to my billing address.

Unfortunately today I found out they denied my request and instead they’re trying to opt for a Newegg credit card. I don’t know why it is they don’t just listen and refund the statement. I need a check because I used a prepaid visa that is a non reloadable. Unfortunately they don’t understand that, so all I’m left with is them trying to squeeze more sales out of me instead of returning a check through the mail.

Hello Steve,

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I ordered a laptop (from Newegg) with expedite 3 day shipping, I called the day it should have been received and was on hold for 1-1.5 hrs. The customer service rep. indicated the problem was with FedEx. I indicated my dissatisfaction and was going to go online and cancel the purchase. And reorder it from another provider. I went to the NewEgg site 7:36 PM and canceled the $691.76 order (that was never shipped) and received an email at for a restocking fee of $87.30 and charged for the return label for an Item that has not been shipped. I did receive a FedEx confirmation at 7:41 PM that the item had shipped. Also the refund page does not mentioned anything about the restocking fees for something that has not even been shipped or shipping label fees.

Hello Robert,