2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.12/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Newegg.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Whenever you buy a refurbished product, there is always the risk that you will end up with a lemon. Not necessarily the fault of the reseller, just really the risk you take when buying secondhand product. I recently purchased a very affordably priced refurbished laptop through Newegg. Three months in, the laptop randomly broke. Newegg could not have handled it better. They were very responsive and, ultimately, I was able to keep my hard drive and was sent a replacement laptop within the week. Now, I'm up and running again with minimal inconvenience on my end. I am so happy that I chose to buy this laptop through Newegg! Given this does depend on the vendor at the other end of the purchase. In my case it was EPC. They rock!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

When building my first gaming PC I bought all my parts from their website. While building my computer I realized I didn't buy a fan for my CPU!!!! Guess what??? Their representative told me to wait one moment. When they got back on the line they told me they would be sending me a FREE CPU fan worth $30-$35 value! My mind was blown and turned me into a lifelong buyer and advocate of their company. They knew I was a first time PC builder and someone, somewhere felt for my misunderstanding of PC components as a new PC enthusiast and ended up sending a great cooler that has lasted me 2 years. Words cant describe how great this company has treated me and they have killer black Friday deals! Turned me into a life longer fan and advocate just for this one act of kindness!! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART TO WHOEVER HELPED ME DURING THAT TIME.

Hi Ron,

Thanks so much for sharing your positive experience with us! We're so happy to hear we were able to help you out on your build!

Louis [Newegg Support]

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Shipping was very fast. I was afraid I wouldn’t receive my items before Christmas and it came in 3 days. I knew I was gambling with time by ordering so late but I called customer service and they made sure to get it on time.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

A little while back I ordered several parts for a gaming pc and all the parts I ordered came on time and in perfect condition. At one point I ordered a RX 570 and it came with a free gift that was 2 games and I noticed that in the order they had charged me 130 dollars for it. So I contacted Newegg and told them and they said they charged me for it and deducted the price from the graphics card. Overall if you're going to order from an online store either here or Amazon is your best bet.

Hello Osa,

Thank you so much for providing me with this positive review. I am so glad to hear that you were able to receive your package fast to your home and that our Customer Service team was able to inform you about our split order process. If you require any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send us a Private Message. We're here to help!

Kindly,

Hutch

[Newegg Support]

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: July 1, 2020

So here is my experience with NewEgg, I bought a $1200 3D printer because I want to expand 3D printing parts for Covid Patients and supply hospitals with needed supplies. I received the printer, it had a shipping label with my address and the shippers return address, The shipper as I found out is a third party company "Letwing Digital" a Chinese based company. When I opened the box there was a completely different printer, an Ender 5 Plus which retails on NewEgg for around $560.

I call Newegg, they are basically telling me this is a market place item and they can't help me with anything, I have to reach out to the seller. NewEgg did send me a return label so I went ahead and sent it back to them. There was a return address and a phone number on the shipping label, so I call first (actually called them for over 4 days and left messages) no response.

So I write them an email, Explaining that I received the wrong printer and the receipt for mailing back the printer. They tell me that the weight is different from what they sent me, on the original packing slip it shows 58lbs, and on the return when UPS scanned it shows 51lbs. So they start rudely accusing me that I sent them a different package because their original weight was 58lbs. Then the representative starts accusing me of fraud, that I'm trying to scam them.

So I call Fed Ex, the original carrier to when I received the item, I ask for weighted data points, carriers weight packages throughout their trip to the destination, depending on location, there is at least 3-5 weight it points that the system records. Fed Ex confirmed that they basically printed a shipping label with incorrect info. The box dimensions didn't match the actual box and the weight was different. Basically, when a shipper creates the label they can put anything on it, Fed Ex doesn't really verify anything, just scans them internally.

Then I go to Newegg's website and see the printer is out of stock, my guess is that they oversold the printer and sent me a wrong one playing stupid. I collect the data, have pictures of the package received, have video evidence of me opening the box to see that is was a wrong item, even says the printer name on the box. Have evidence of my home camera with the Fed Ex delivery person carrying the exact same box to my house and yet, Newegg doesn't want to deal with this and the Shipper is now ignoring me. Newegg didn't even apologize.... The next step is court I guess....And as the shipper is a Chinese company so I will be reporting them to the Ministry of Public Security and China Consumers Association. I also don't have a problem trolling Fred Chang....

Hello there!

I would like to apologize for the experience you have encountered with us. I will be more then happy to look into this 3D printer situation for you. Can you send us a message with your order number so we can look further into this for you?

Frank [Newegg Support]

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: June 30, 2020

I ordered a skateboard in May, the company sent me an email weeks later saying it was Out of Stock. I have asked for a refund over twenty times. Called them, emailed these horrible people twenty times. I have 10 different emails saying my refund is in my account, another 10 saying it hasnt been refunded... How do we as Americans let these fraud Chinese companies sell on Amazon, Instagram and other social media accounts? I will not stop reviewing this horrible company so that someone else doesnt lose their money.

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you have yet to receive your refund for your out of stock product. Can you send us a message with your order number so we can look further into this for you?

Louis [Newegg Support]

Original review: June 28, 2020

I bought the 5700 XT from Newegg and I was having minor problems with the card. I heard the GPU have driver issue but bought it otherwise since some people say they didn't have any problem. I didn't want to take the risk of more problems so I try to return it. It cost a big whopping $60 stocking fee for having the item for like two days. They don't even pay for shipping to send it back so you have to pay for that too. I also read that some people say Newegg didn't even accept their returns. If you do buy from Newegg, make sure you going to keep the item or else it will cost you money! Otherwise go buy somewhere else like Amazon. I return stuff from there before with no stock fee and got my full payment back!

Hi Kevin,

I do want to apologize for the return troubles you had with us. Can you send us a message with your order number so we can look into that for you?

Original review: June 26, 2020

Horrible customer service experience. I ordered the wrong item and sent it in for a return (new&unopened). As this was my mistake I was happy to pay shipping both ways, but was disgusted when they charged 15% fee to return them. I work for a small e-commerce shop and we reserve fees like this for returns that are received used, damaged, or missing parts but they charge it on all returns. Amazon had same price but I wanted to support the smaller company, sadly I won't be back.

Greetings Grayson,

We're so sorry about the issues you had while trying to return something. Send us a message so we can take a second look over this for you.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I tried for over a week to purchase an item from this online resaler. It was a NIGHTMARE! Because you may only use one form of payment at the time of check out, and the item I wanted exceeded my payment method, I ended up purchasing gift cards to make up the difference. However, those took anywhere from 3 to 24 hours to come to fruition. Then, once I placed my order (WED) I found out FRIDAY that my order was cancelled, as the laptop I wanted was not in stock. Anyone who has ever had a laptop die on them understands that vital necessity of needing another device asap. Apparently, NO ONE AT NEWEGG.COM understood or understands this.

Come Monday, I tried finding another comparable product and I finally found one. And instead of NewEgg.com charging my NewEgg credit card, they charged my personal credit card. Upon reaching out to fix this, they said 'nothing could be done.' I spoke to three different people at three different management levels who all said the same thing. This was such a HORRIBLE experience for me. And I'm quite convicted to ensure that no one has to endure this shoddy, uncaring, unresponsive and disingenuous company!! On an aside, the computer finally did arrive. Literally the box was OPENED and the product was falling out of it!!!

Hello Nancy,

I do want to apologize about the inconvenience this may have caused for you. I see that our team has requested more information about this at this time and we are awaiting a response to further investigate. Please let us know if you have any other concerns.

Natalie [Newegg Support]

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: June 24, 2020

Order has been sitting still for 5 days. Placed an order for a graphics card on the 17th. The label was created on the 18th and then shipped to Baldwin Park, CA on the 19th. The wait times to get in contact with customer service are ridiculous. I finally got hold of one and he filed a claim for a missing item when I called to report a delayed shipment. In the email with the claim it says it takes 3-5 business days for a missing item and then another 7-10 business days for a lost shipment. This is a ridiculous amount of waiting time and I doubt they intend to compensate me. I just want my item.

Greetings,

We're so sorry to hear that you haven't received your item and that a claim was generated for you. Please if there's anything more we can look into for you, just send us a message with your order number.

Newegg.com Company Information