3.8/5 (706 ratings)

About Newegg.com

Newegg.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

Extremely shady company to stay away from. I had placed a laptop order, while I'm traveling out of state and staying in a resort for a month, recovering from injury. They cancelled my order without even sending me any notification. When I called them to ask what happened they were abusive, hateful (because of my ethnic origin - I live in the US for 30 years, but this makes them treat you as a 2nd class person), implied I was a fraud and told me right away that my "account" was blocked. I never opened any "account" with them and tried to buy laptop as using guest option, like I always do with BestBuy or ebay. The woman in Newegg customer service was nasty from the first words implying I was some kind of criminal because I ordered to a resort address and didn't think there was anything wrong with them never sending me a notification of order cancellation, while I waited for delivery wasting my precious time.

They acted so shady as if they operate in the criminal world, and I do not trust they sell truly new hardware now, too shady company. I had bought the same laptop for the same price on ebay without any issues, using it right now and got a 2nd laptop deal from popular big box brick-and-mortar reltaler online, both delivered very fast and without a problem, to the same address where I'm staying. At least with reputable honest company and highly rated ebay seller I know what I'm dealing with upfront and can trust them. Newegg behavior would not be tolerated in the normal business world, I'm looking into involving the government to penalize them now.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Newegg sent the order to their Market Place Curry shop and curry shop ordered it from Amazon and it came in an Amazon box. The barcode on it linked to a cheap $28 battery on Amazon that I paid $73 for. They take orders and buy a cheaper imitation from Amazon and don't even bother to repackage it. Even the delivery picture shows Amazon on the box. Don't ever order anything from them again.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

I’m not sure how they can stay in business with such poor systems in place. They aren’t even the cheapest, but I purchased through them and had the worst time with support. They use sellers with terrible reviews online and push the blame to the sellers. That doesn’t help and means that the buyer is out of luck. Don’t use them because they don’t care.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Ordered video card. Box arrived empty. They take no responsibility for delivery of goods to their customer and refused to file a claim with Canada post. Canada post requires that the sender files a claim. I recommend that no one should trust this company. They do not deserve your business.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I ordered a phone from the wireless place under Newegg.com. When I got the package, it had a flyer in it that said "this product may not work on AT&T's network. I called/sent an email regarding this flyer, and they replied via email "According to our in-house testing it works". It does NOT work. This phone will not make voice calls. I took it to 2 different phone carriers, and they both said it was defective. I tried sending the phone back via their own RMA, and they cancelled it and said I was outside their return policy. Irregardless, IT IS DEFECTIVE. It will not work, and they will not refund me my money.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

My son has an Xbox one and he accidentally ordered Fifa 23 for Xbox X/S. When he tried to use the code and it didn’t work, he realized his mistake. He immediately contacted customer service through chat. He asked if he could exchange the download for the correct platform. He was told that the request was not guaranteed, but he would be contacted in 3-5 days with the decision. Well after checking email everyday with no response, I contacted the company on day 5. I was told that because the code was redeemed, nothing could be done about the order. What?! Redeemed?! The code could not be used on my son’s Xbox, so how could it be redeemed?!

I’m wondering if someone at the company used the code after realizing that my son couldn’t. They never informed us of their decision but, they offered us $20 off of our next purchase from them. Seriously?! Our next order? I informed the rep. that I would never order from them again. Ever!! I should have read other reviews and then ordered from a reputable company like Amazon, Best Buy, or Target.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

I bought a 6900 xt from Newegg in late August. I returned it due to not working properly for my PC. I would say I had the GPU for a week and this GPU was brand new from the manufacturer. I inspected it to make sure nothing was damaged before I returned it. I got a call from newegg rep that "somehow" the serial number was scraped off and therefore my return was denied. I honestly believe someone at newegg did it on purpose. I will never buy anything from them again and I also had a friend with almost the same thing but he returned memory sticks. Beware for sure. Just buy from Amazon, Best Buy or local Micro Center.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

The computer arrived, but it was missing the keyboard that was supposed to come with it. When I messaged support, they were incredibly unhelpful. They basically told me that they couldn't just send me the keyboard separately, and all they were willing to do was refund $30 off my total purchase price (which was over $2,000!) I'm sorry, but if it was THEIR screw-up not shipping me the correct parts, then they should be OBLIGATED to send me the missing items. I definitely will never shop here again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I just ordered a laptop from them and want to cancel the order before it ships. It has not shipped ant the site will not allow me to cancel. I was led to them by capital one while looking at a laptop on another website. Beware of Capital One diversions when shopping. Capital One is very misleading. I see that Newegg has a bad reputation and I am finding their customer service is horrible. I regret this experience so far and will avoid them in the future.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I bought a computer from this company. After opening it and setting up it up, it did not work. I called them to fix the issue and doing the troubleshooting with their support it was discovered the graphics card was not working. They gave me an option to request a refund or get a replacement. I tried getting the replacement but when that came, it was not only visible damaged but also had the same issue as the first product. I then requested a refund. They eventually refunded me the money but I recently discovered they charged my credit card without an explanation or permission and now I will be disputing this with my credit card company as well as reporting them for scamming people as I have seen other reviewers with the same issues.

Newegg.com Company Information