Newegg.com

Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had never heard of this company. I received an email in November 2016 about a mouse for $5 and a rebate for $5, limit 5. Thought that was a great deal. Ordered 3. Sent in my rebate details quickly, in fact, the next day after receiving the product, which was delivered super quick. That was in November 2016. In March 2017, I went in search of my $15 rebate. The first response was, "We didn't receive it." Now, I have to tell you, I am in my 60's and I've been responding to mail-in rebates since in my teens. I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times my envelope did not reach the intended recipient. So, after some back and forth, the CSR said the $15 would be credited to my bank account in a few days. When I checked back, it was, "We changed our minds. You can have a $15 credit to our website." I refused.

She basically said, tough luck. I wrote a snail letter to the CEO, only after, may I add, when I asked CSR for the name and contact information of same, she said, "You cannot have that information. That is private." I found it on my own (with no problem). So, I got a response from the office of the CEO. He said, "Your $15 will be credited back to your bank account in 3-5 days." That was some time ago. More than 2 weeks, in fact. I have tried to contact him. He will not respond.

OK. My $15 is gone. I see that. I'm not rich. It hurts. I would never have bought these without the rebate offer. Oh, and, may I add, the connection of the mouse to the computer is so old school that it is pitiful. Of no use at all. Newegg, not so new. Old scam, still working. I feel like an old fool. Used to be that scammers fooled old people on the phone asking for their SSN. I am embarrassed, but, still fighting. I haven't lost my faculties, I hope!

I bought 3 Philips DiamondClean toothbrushes on Newegg. When I received these items, the tags overlapped an older one. An agent told these are returned items, and people forgot to change the package when in warehouse. They offered to replace. It took a week for the refurbished items returned to Newegg. Replacement was canceled as one of the models was not in stock. I had to place another order. It took half a week for the refund to be finished. When the second 3 toothbrushes arrived, I found they have all been fully charge, while Philips told me these items need 24-48 hours charging before use, so there shouldn't be any power. Newegg agreed to return all money back after they proposed to send only 85% money since the packaged were opened. It took half a week for the returned items go back to Newegg, another half week for they inspect the returned item before the refund issued.

It then took 4 days for the refund to be sent back to my account. I don't think Newegg sell brand new items, 6 items were definitely refurbished when I received them. I complained to agents, and they told me this is the fault of the warehouse, while there is no refurbished toothbrush showing on the website. Newegg proposed to give me $20 Newegg gift card which expire in a month for the compensation of these refurbished items, and they refused to change it into cash or larger amount of gift card.

I recently purchased all the components for a new computer. The Asus ROG Maximus IX Code LGA1151 mobo (**) was one of my purchases and was broken when I received it. They shipped me a physically broken motherboard. (A screw on the back of the mobo connecting the back to the front had been over-tightened, presumably by the manufacturer, and broke the plastic housing it was in.) As such, I went through the RMA process and returned it.

First, they say, "Please allow 2-5 days for processing once Newegg.com has received your return." It took 10 days and multiple follow-ups to get it processed, double their promised "maximum." Second, Newegg rejected the RMA saying, "Unfortunately, the item(s) was physically damaged and beyond the applicable Newegg.com warranty coverage as indicated in our Standard Warranty Policy." They shipped me a physically broken motherboard and now want me to deal with the manufacturer? How is this acceptable business practice? That's like Target telling me to go talk to Sony because Target sold me a broken TV! They make you wait double their promised RMA processing time and then tell you it's not their problem they sold me a damaged product?

Additionally, I had to pay to have it shipped back! While I haven't had a problem with Newegg before, I've never received damaged product before either. I now know what other people meant when they commented on Newegg's customer service. I would recommend steering away from Newegg. You can find almost all the same products for less money on Amazon, your local store, or other retailer. The same motherboard was available on Amazon for slightly less. Additionally, Amazon's next day shipping charge was $8.99. Newegg's is over $40. Part-way through the RMA process I just bought it off Amazon because I needed a working computer right away. I still can't believe "it's not Newegg's problem they sold me a damaged product."

I ordered a product from Newegg for my son in Tennessee. Newegg stated shipping in 1 to 3 days. The product was not provided by Newegg, but by a Marketplace supplier 123Stores subcontractor. I had no notification that the product had shipped. When I contacted Newegg they disavowed responsibility but said they had canceled the order. The next day Newegg sent an email saying that my credit card had been charged. I contacted Newegg again to get a tracking number. I still have no proof that the item shipped and will file a fraud claim if it has not. I will not use Newegg again.

Always, ALWAYS an issue to start. It's always something. Once started it needs to go thru restarts, updates, it never ends. Why did I buy this Acer One 10? No, Newegg would not take it back. Stay away from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Because I was having a credit a card and address change difficulty, I called Newegg Customer Service. The man did not resolve anything and I was told that I could not speak to a manager or supervisor. So I guess my credit card will remain not updated so my Premier account will not be renewed.

Ordered 2 internal pci cards for my home computers from Newegg (Kingsmore). Little did I know at the time that this was a 3rd party Newegg China company. Needless to say 6 weeks later my order still showed as "shipped" and no evidence of such a tracking number or item. Finally had to go thru refund process (over a week, really Newegg??) NOT the way to do business. After 7 years of purchasing thru Newegg I have lost any confidence in them. Amazon and Best Buy will now get any future business of mine.

I ordered a computer and paid an extra 41.27 for next day shipping. My print out receipt "guaranteed" delivery by Friday. It's Monday and I haven't received it. In fact, when I attempted to look for my pkg, my sales number wasn't even registered. I have the receipt and a sales agent tell me that it would be delivered on Friday. My FIRST AND LAST EXPERIENCE! NO THANK YOU TO reneging on your own contract, and trying to make someone pay for a service you didn't deliver. Wrong person!

Consumer Increased Rating!

Newegg has issued a refund.

Toby of Bayfield, CO on

Original Review

I ordered a M.2 SSD from NewEgg a while back. The performance of the drive was terrible no matter what I did. So I requested an RMA and was approved. I packed the drive up in the original packaging and returned via UPS with their shipping label. A week later I get an email from NewEgg stating that I returned an empty box and that they would not be refunding my money. Now I am out the SSD and $330. After researching the issue on this and other consumer protection sites, I have to say I am shocked at how unethical NewEgg seems to have become. I am very much not alone in my issue. I recommend cutting all ties with this company.

I purchased a monitor from Newegg and it broken within 3 weeks. They send me a FedEx label to return it for a full refund (got that in writing). They rejected the return because the box was somehow missing some serial number (presumably by being shipped twice). HOW CAN A CUSTOMER BE RESPONSIBLE FOR that? They then argued there was a 3rd party vendor (Laptops4Less) and that Newegg wasn't the seller even though I paid them (my credit card receipt reflects this).

They send the defective laptop (the fact that it's defective isn't in dispute) back to me to dispose of! So on top of being stolen from, I'm supposed to pay to recycle the thing. I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and will sue them in small claims court if those folks do nothing. I should say that getting the shipping label and written assurance that the return would be accepted for a full refund took hours. This company is slimy. I didn't want to give it even 1 star. I give it a negative 5 stars!

What's to like about Newegg? Nothing. I ordered a cat tree from Newegg almost a month ago. It was supposed to be shipped within 5 to 7 business days. No sign of it yet. I checked their website and all they show is "in transit". The USPS site shows that a shipping label was created, but there is no tracking information beyond that. I'm very familiar with online shopping, and I know that the tracking information should be there, indicating the item was sent to a sorting facility, out for delivery, etc. I have been ignored during chat sessions. Customer service is terrible! NEVER buying from Newegg again. I will get a refund through PayPal. Thank goodness they watch out for buyers!

3 weeks after order was placed, I contacted customer service to inquire about/cancel the order. Upon cancellation, an email from a 3rd party supplier was sent to notify me that the order had just shipped. Spoke with another agent at Newegg the same day and was informed that it was up to me to cancel with supplier, which I did. Minutes later, I received another email from 3rd party with tracking information. Spoke with yet another agent at Newegg who made it clear that the onus was on me to cancel order. Received (cancelled) order today. Contacted Newegg and was told there was nothing they could do, and once again had to contact the supplier for an RMA. Was told there is a 15% restocking fee. After speaking with agents, I knew in my gut that this would not end well. Super sketchy. Do NOT purchase anything from them.

So I am building my pc and some of the very last pieces I need are my ram cards. I saw they had some pretty cheap but good ram cards so I ordered them from here. I'm trying to get my build done as soon as possible so I figured I'd pay for 2 day shipping so I could try to finish up. 2 days come around and they still aren't here so I go to check on the tracking and they hadn't left the facility. I started wondering why they hadn't left or anything until I was informed after the fact that Newegg's "2-day shipping" isn't that whatsoever.

In the support page, they state that it's 2 business day shipping but for some reason they don't put that out there when at the checkout screen. And it's not even two day shipping! It's 2 day shipping but you have to wait a day for processing! So you are paying $15 dollars to get scammed out of shipping as fast as possible, have to wait a day for your order to process, and then you can order it in Thursday or you won't get it until next Tuesday or Wednesday! This is an absolute scam of a website. I was always told to order everything from here but I will never do such a thing again. They may be cheap prices because they scam you in the shipping and handling. Will never order from here again.

Consumer Increased Rating!

From the beginning, dealing with this company was impossible. FIRST PROBLEM: They emailed the invoice but I was unable to open their weird attachment, and so I could not print, and I needed the invoice for taxes. They refused to include the invoice in the box, and they refused to print it and put it in the mail. NEXT PROBLEM: Defective products. NEXT PROBLEM: They gave me a return number, but no shipping label. Because I am not a big company, I can't get the same shipping rates and return shipping will cost as much as the product.

NEXT PROBLEM: I tried repeatedly to contact them for shipping label. They have no phone contact, and never answered email. NEXT PROBLEM: I finally got customer support on a chat window. They said they are a marketplace and the seller had to send the label. I asked for seller contact info and they closed the chat window. NEXT PROBLEM? I just filed a dispute with my credit card company. We shall see.

I bought my daughter a refurbished laptop for school work in Nov 15 with a 2-year service plan. It was advertised with Windows 7 professional. It came with Windows 7 Home edition loaded. The unit had issues out of the box and completely died by Feb 2016, still under vendor warranty. I had complained and sent reviews to Newegg about the false advertising from day 1. They blocked the review and did not respond. It took a couple weeks of prodding to get the computer replaced when it failed and I got stuck with paying partial shipping, as Newegg capped shipping reimbursement at $15. The replacement also came with Windows 7 Home.

The hard drive failed again in February 2016. I had to dig and make phone calls to Newegg to get the extended warranty coverage as Newegg does not share it with you at the time of purchase. I found out Mywarranty.com was the actual service company. I called them, got a return authorization and mailing label on the spot. They will not repair the computer, they issue a replacement credit with Newegg to replace the computer. I was ok with this seeing the first one is junk. They said the credit would be issued 2-3 days after the Laptop SHIPPED.

I contacted Mywarranty.com 2-3 days after the unit was RECEIVED by them as I had yet to receive my credit. I got a response back stating it takes 5-7 business days. I shipped the computer Feb 16. They received my computer on Feb 20th. It is now March 2nd, with no credit issued and neither company will give me an update on the status. I had service warranties from a major competitor in which they would repair and return laptops with 5 day turn around and all shipping paid.

Newegg failed to deliver the same item 2 times. The item not delivered was part of a promotion, buy the item and receive another item free. However, the original invoice split the charge erroneously. When I refused to have the failed delivery item delivered for the third time, they only issued credit for less than half of the value, by their voodoo math. I offered to return, at their expense, the free item, unused, but they refused to accept. Now I'm out my original cost, plus I don't have the missing items from these thieves. The use of voodoo math worked in their favor. Last purchase from me for Newegg and I will seek restitution through the Attorney General for them and shout their bait and switch attitude from the rooftops for stealing my money. Bad, bad, bad company.

I bought a ASUS Laptop f556ua- uh71 Intel Core i7 7th Gen 7500U (2.70 GHz) 8 GB Memory 1 TB HDD Intel HD Graphics 620 15.6 Windows 10 Home 64- Bit. It was a very poor quality as to what was advertised on their website. I returned it as soon as I opened it. I returned it in the same condition the next day after receiving it. I paid $629 FOR THE COMPUTER. I GOT AN INVOICE ** ON 2/22/2017 showing that $521 was going to be returned instead of the original $629. This is a ripoff. I returned the computer in the original box and condition the next day after receiving it. They took $100 as a punishment for returning a poor quality computer. That's why I will never order anything from them anymore. It was my first time to order any item from the company.

I warn anybody willing to purchase any computer from Newegg to read the customer reviews first. I highly recommend Amazon because they will always refund the money without any penalties. I recommend customers to check with Amazon for any item they need to order. They will never regret. That is why Amazon is having good profits because they are trustworthy. Never buy any computer from NEWEGG. You will be risking your money. Very disappointed customer.

Purchased a $200 gaming video card. After Newegg shipped to wrong address, they issued a replacement. It had been advertised with a rebate, so we followed instructions to clip UPC bar and send in rebate. Two days later, supposedly new video card started flickering endlessly and gave way. Newegg claims because we sent in UPC, they cannot take it back. Could I possibly be in the twilight zone? They tell you to send in UPC for a rebate but don't tell you that makes product unreturnable? Highly deceptive, can't believe this isn't illegal. What a bunch of jerks. Never will buy from them and wish as so many customers did, that I had read the numerous terrible reviews. The worst part of this was this was a unit that my 11-year-old son saved up $200 for a long time to buy. Ridiculous and heartless.

This company made a quantity error on their Ebay listing. They admitted to their listing error. They did not and would not issue a partial credit because of the error. Rather they kept "delaying" the refund stating they were "in the process" of issuing it... Too much time passed and they were unable to process the refund. They know this. DO NOT... DO NOT... BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! DISHONEST!!!

Consumer Increased Rating!

I purchased a computer and the associated extended warranty for my disabled son.The computer was damaged. I contacted the warranty company, ServiceNet; they advised they would send a return box. The box did not arrive and a week later they called and told us to return it to the manufacturer, and they were closing the claim. I began another claim with ServiceNet about December 20th and was advised the box would be coming. On January 4th the box still did not arrive. I contacted Newegg and was given an RMA number.

I returned the computer on January 5, 2017. Newegg contacted us several days later stating this was the wrong RMA type and that they would send it back and we needed to return under a new RMA #. Once the laptop arrived back, we received an email asking for further details. We responded with a phone call on January 24 and were advised that a new RMA number would be issued and they would refund the purchase. At this point, I purchased a new laptop from another vendor. Today we were advised they will not refund the purchase. I am now left with a nonfunctioning computer for which I purchased an extended warranty.

I ordered an open box item and it did not work. I did the online RMA and it told me 3-4 months for a replacement part so I called the joke of "Premier" customer service to see how I could get the item sooner. After overcoming the language barrier, I was told to buy a new one at full cost and wait for a shipping label and new RMA for a refund vs the exchange I had previously got. I tried for months to get his label but could not break the language barrier. They hear one word in a sentence they understand and read scripted responses until you say yes.

I finally got the shipping label and returned the item. Take is even marked by them as being an open box, and they declined my return saying that I did not return the open box item, despite it being labeled by them as an open box. They are insisting that I originally ordered a full price one and I tried to return it when I found it cheaper as open box even though their documentation shows the open box was ordered first. Nobody at this company understands a bit of English. Avoid this company, if you have a problem it will never be resolved. I've been trying for almost 6 months now, repeating myself and not a soul understanding any of it.

Returned a refurb desktop computer for a replacement. This computer would turn itself on daily at the same exact time, quite scary. The hard drive was noisy and from my experience on its way out. The Windows OS authorized number was not given. With the computer, I received the China made cheap keyboard and mouse. I never opened up the keyboard package. Returned all items, as well as, my wireless mouse's USB adapter still in the computer's USB port. Called Newegg about the USB adapter, and get this, they found it and returned it to me. Well, TY. But then they fabricated a story that the keyboard was missing thus "Incomplete Return". I have searched my home and there is no keyboard in a box lying around. Why would I knowingly keep their keyboard? I am overrun by keyboards as it is.

Now this is the deal or should I say RAW DEAL, I will be receiving the same computer minus the keyboard perhaps. No satisfaction. I am being ripped off. It is in their best interest to deny my return because of the deal I got in the first place and the cost for them to fix a refurb and to send me replacement is way more than what I paid. It's easier for NEWEGG TO LIE about the package and send back the piece of junk they sold me. First time buyer at Newegg and it's my last.

I ordered a refurbished, hybrid laptop. It's fine, but the whole experience was terrible otherwise. I paid $5.99 for three-day shipping, but once I got tracking info (which was not actually sent to me via e-mail until the package was already delivered; I had to contact Customer Service to get it), the delivery date was a whole week out. They do not mention during checkout that 1-2 extra days will be tacked on for "packing and processing." I immediately demanded my money back, and they refunded my shipping cost after trying to give me a gift card instead.

I wrote an e-mail to Customer Service describing my negative experience, and the rep that responded seemed to think this was all okay because the extra days are mentioned in tiny text in the confirmation email. Sorry, no, if you don't disclose exactly what service you're selling to me until after I pay, that's a scam. I will never do business with Newegg again.

Customer service is horrible. They won't return anything that's been over 30 days even when it was a Christmas gift and does not work. I purchase it from Newegg and Antoline shipped it. I did contact Newegg within the 30days, but they never got back to me in time. The 30 days starts when you place your order even though you don't receive your order for two weeks. Stay away....

I recently bought a flagship laptop from newegg. ca and had a horrifying experience. I purchased the item in the middle of October 2016 and the issue is not yet resolved. They sent me a laptop that had a faulty battery. The laptop could not stay on if not plugged into the power which defeated the purpose of having an ultrabook. I returned the laptop as faulty and it went through their tech centre and they sent it back to me with a report saying there is nothing wrong and the problem had not been fixed. I called them back immediately and said they never fixed it and with the courier there and back to Alberta more than 30 days had gone by despite the laptop being in my possession for about a week. They said for this reason they won't take the laptop back again. They basically treated me like I was lying saying that the laptop didn't work when it was their incompetent tech department that never diagnosed or repaired the problem.

They told me there was no way they would do anything for me and I had to contact the manufacturer. At this stage it had been more than a month since I paid for it and I didn't have a working laptop and newegg. ca refused to assist me at all. I had to contact the manufacturer in the USA and I am still busy arranging for them to receive the laptop. 3 months later and I am without a laptop and my money because of the disgusting service from newegg. ca. I will never get anything from them again. Not even if it were free. It's not worth the wasted time and stress and disrespect.

I ordered a Nintendo for my kid that was suppose to be delivered by Dec 20th. Not only did it never show up but we are almost halfway through January and there is still no resolution. Newegg has not refunded nor replaced the item I paid for. At this point I feel like I have been robbed.

I'm gonna start off by saying Newegg has great products and great service when it comes to getting your orders, making transactions, and overall punctuality with response times. Okay that's great and all, but where does that leave returns and refunds? Dead. It's a lost cause as far as I'm concerned. For Christmas I ordered a PC parts list for both my Gf and I. I wanted to surprise her on xmas and build her a nice gaming PC and also some upgrades to go along with my current system. The order went smooth as ever. All my items arrived on time. Everything I got was what was advertised. Great! This is where Newegg shines from my experience.

Okay so after doing a boot test on the motherboard I purchased, it was dead. No post. (Which is something I've always taken into consideration. If you're gonna buy something don't expect it to always work.) So I thought no big deal. I'll go ahead a place it in an RMA pile. Next thing that happen was the backplate for the liquid cooler I purchased was missing. Again a little disappointed. But oh well. These things happen. Again into the RMA pile. To shorten this part of the story. I ended up returning three items. Mobo, cooler and a low profile power supply that didn't fit the case I purchased. AGAIN no big deal. I get it. Problems happen with components.

So around 12/05/16 I printed my free RMA label, boxed everything and it was at the post office that morning. Great. So 3 days go by and I notice their tracking number they gave me for the RMA is invalid. Thought maybe it hasn't reached the facility yet. So I wait longer. Now a week has passed. Still nothing. The return should have arrived by now. At the least in the beginning of unboxing and processing each item. So I contact Newegg through email. I get a response 3 days later. (Again still nothing on my RMA.) I'm asked to give them screen shots of this Return because they haven't received this package yet. So I do. Another week passes. Now keep in mind... You get 14 days from shipment to receiving for the RMA to be valid. It's been over 14 days now since the item hasn't reached the facility yet! So where did my return go?! I've never had problems with the post office. I made sure the item was handed to a person there to be processed.

Now I'm getting an email again from Newegg. They're telling me they are having trouble locating the tracking number for this Return and that it's possible the carrier had an error. Still waiting on a response now. Either way the RMA is void. The package will be returned to me most likely and I'll have to start this process all over again. From now on. I'm sticking with the manufacturer's warranty with each product. It might take longer. They might charge for shipping and labor. But at least you get something in return for the troubles. I recommend other Newegg consumers to do the same.

Paid $25 extra for "next day delivery". Paid another $3-5 for "rush processing". 24 hours later, item hasn't even shipped. CS offers to refund the shipping fee - which is no help. If I wanted slow, free shipping, I'd have ordered Amazon. I spent extra twice to get my item quickly as the website promised. They don't know when my item might ship - or arrive. Never again. At least with Amazon I could have reliably had it a day later. I will absolutely never spend a dime with Newegg again. I spend a lot on tech items for myself, and my business - I will stick with Micro Center and Amazon going forth. I should have known better.

I bought a printer a couple years ago from Newegg for nearly $700. All went well. I've since ordered replacement toner cartridges which have taken a long time to arrive but the pricing was good. The last cartridge I ordered creates a crum error and won't work in the printer. This is not my ordering error but a deficiency in the product or incorrect specs.

Newegg will accept a return but will charge me over $15.00 for shipping and restocking. I tried to "chat" online to no avail. I asked for a call back from customer service but when it came they put me on a static hold until I finally hung up. This wasn't my mistake and they just lost my business over $15. Hopefully, they will refund the remainder of the money paid for the toner cartridge. We will see.

I bought a Linksys router ($300 equipment) and noticed the product has a lot of quality issues. I had to reboot the router every other day. This is not a personal taste issue, but a real technical issue. I filed for a refund with Newegg. They charge 15% restocking fee, despite the fact that I'm telling them the router is not stable. This in itself is a total scam as they will eventually resend this to the manufacturer now that I have stated there is a problem. So they scam the customer for 15%. Next I ask the agent if I can use the money to buy something else with Newegg, so as to avoid the restocking fee, if losing the business is what Newegg is worried about. They will not honor that request as well. I asked them can I at least use the amount to buy something else directly, without refunding to the original payment method. They decline to do that too.

So effectively, Newegg does not care about customers or their satisfaction. They just need to scam you out of every possible cent. There is a reason why Amazon grew up to the monster that it is today. It was my mistake to take that stupid American Express Credit Card offer to buy in Newegg. I would personally stay out of American Express and Newegg.

Newegg.com Company Profile