Newegg.com

Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I preordered a CPU motherboard within an hour of the item being made available for preorder, yet on the day of release they did not have enough to cover the pre-orders. What kind of a stupid company 1) doesn't order enough to cover pre-orders and 2) doesn't stop pre-orders when they have exceeded their capacity? Only 1, Newegg. I have never seen this with Amazon, but this is the second time it has happened with Newegg. Now I have $5000 in computer components just sitting around for God knows how long because Newegg can't deliver on their promises and they won't refund any of it.

I purchased an LG 4K 34" ultra-wide monitor from Newegg along with a 3-year extended service plan offered by Newegg at checkout a little over two years ago. The monitor stopped working recently which prompted me to submit a claim on the extended warranty plan I purchased. THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! A TOTAL RACKET AND SCAM! After navigating through a near impossible maze of procedures to file a claim with the warranty provider, Service Net, an AIG Insurance company, I encountered the most frustrating expressions of double-talk and excuses ever.

There was virtually no attempt at even pretending to be a credible service provider. After receiving no assistance from the customer service rep, I spoke with the most unreasonable and ignorant supervisor. She identified herself as Stephanie but refused to disclose her last name. I have NEVER been so irritated in a customer service interaction in my entire life. Newegg customer service was no better help. I was a frequent customer of Newegg previously but I will never ever shop there again. If you choose to, please do NOT waste your money on an extended service plan. It is a total SCAM!

I ordered a 3 spy point trail cams from this company. The price was substantially lower than other companies and I thought I was getting a good deal. Unfortunately, when my product arrived it wasn't a trail camera but in fact was face paint, and the invoice I was emailed was completely different than the invoice I was mailed with the incorrect product.

After contacting customer service, they asked if I still wanted the trail cameras I said yes. I was then connected with a partner company. They said made the mistake. After several emails back and forth sending them pictures, and UPC numbers and various other request they made. They refunded my money. I told them I would rather have the trail cameras and they said no we will not be refilling this order. They also disabled all the links in their emails that allow me to rate their customer service. Buyer beware. These people will scam you in a heartbeat and will drag their feet and leave you unsatisfied if you have a problem.

I purchased a refurbished laptop from Newegg.com at the beginning of July. When my wife and I first received it, we both commented on the odd shipping because it did not come in a Newegg box, but in a box within a box. The box inside that contained the laptop had someone else's return address and an RMA number written on it.

Upon opening the box we noticed there was a bit of separation in the upper right-hand corner of the monitor, but figured it was because the item was refurbished. We plugged it in and allowed it to charge for the afternoon. My wife turned on the computer and noted that the product was Windows 10 when the one we purchased was supposed to come with Windows 8.2. She downloaded Chrome and began the process of Windows updates before going upstairs to put our children to bed.

Upon returning, the computer had turned itself off. We rebooted the computer and received an error message and that Windows was restarting. When it restarted the entire screen had streaks jetting across it that resembled the warp drive special effects from Star Trek. We then turned it off and put it back in the original packaging we received it in (including the handy laptop bubble casing). It was late and so we called Newegg.com in the morning and got a return shipping label. We sent it back per their instructions and waited for our replacement or refund (depending on if they could fix it as they did not have another of that type refurbished in stock).

We talked to them once and were told that the return department was reviewing our return. A few days later, we received an email that our RMA would not be honored as the laptop was badly damaged and they would send it back to us. Now the laptop had no physical damage other than the separating of the right-hand corner of the monitor when it left my home and we were very confused because we had reported this damage when we received it. My disgust and shock when I received the laptop back. First thing I noticed was they actually sent it back to us in the odd packaging with the other customer's return address on it (we sent it back to them exactly the way we received it, two boxes and all) and instead of putting it back in the laptop mailing case they had just stuck some bubble wrap in the box.

The right-hand corner of the laptop was smashed, the monitor on that side badly cracked and the unit itself also broken. I know for fact there was no physical damage outside of the minor separation. It seems suspicious to me that they told us that they would either refund or fix the problem and return it and the place where the damage is evident is in the corner that was broken when we received it. It seems to me they fixed it alright and in the process did a con job on a family that could not afford to lose 300 dollars and really needed the laptop (it was part of my wife's student loan for her online classes). I am highly disappointed and have to wonder about the ethics of this company because I know that it was not damaged in this manner when it left my hands.

I purchase a Pioneer Blu-ray player and I tried to have a refund because this item was not compatible with my plasma TV. First, they charge 15% in restocking fee and they don't refund the 10$ of handling fee that they charged when I bought the Blu-ray player. I tried to drop it at the address that TEK Liquidation gave me, but it was a closed shop. So, for an item I paid 115$, I would receive 76.50$ in refund + a waste of time and gas. I am very disappointed. I'll never buy again from Newegg.com.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

BUYER BEWARE. Newegg will only warranty any product for thirty day period. Basically buying from them will void all warranties with the original manufacturer. In my case it was a Ubiquiti bullet camera. This quit after 9 months and had a 1 year from the manufacturer but not after I bought it from Newegg. Warranty is void! Sooo the good deal you think you are getting is only good for thirty days from Newegg. Not such a good deal AT ALL.

I called the customer service line and asked that they change the shipping address, because it was going to my billing address and was informed it was already in the warehouse and nothing could be changed, except for canceling the order and then having to wait to be refunded before ordering again. Right now I'm just hoping I can arrange for someone to be at my home when it arrives. The product was prohibitively expensive and the notion that it will most likely be stolen because of my neighborhood is not something I look forward to. I would not suggest using this company. Amazon may be a bit more expensive but they will cover theft and are more than willing to contact the shipper to change the instructions for delivery, unlike Newegg.

First you call and get in a queue for ages. Then, you finally get an agent who says they aren't responsible for anything a marketplace seller does on their site even though it is on the Newegg site and billed by Newegg. Net net, $1000 plus camera where they sent a different model than the one I ordered and paid for and no way to fix it.

I did order 2 new video cards from NEWEGG.COM when they were in stock. After I paid and receive a notification from Newegg and my bank that everything go through I went to sleep. Next morning I bought another video card and it also go through. But I receive a message that my 2 video cards which I bought first was canceled during the night at 5am!!! And they are already out of stock and company have limit 1 card per 48 hours now. So I need to wait another 4 days and order another graphic card because of that. My bank account was fine and on second day I bought another graphic card without problem.

So, company just ripped me on 2 graphic cards and now I'm short on equipment. After I called support they didn't offer anything except faster shipping for my next orders. Absolutely not helpful. I probably will never order anything from them. No reason to buy there anything if they can just cancel it anytime without reason. P.S. My credit card info was 100% proper. Because I was able to buy another card without problem next day. I did call my bank and they confirmed that.

I purchased a watch on on June 20, 2017 and returned to watch to the seller on June 21, 2017. The seller confirmed that they were in receipt of the item and issued the refund. However Newegg explained to me that I have to wait 3 to 5 business days for the credit to go back to my card. Why is that? The seller has received the item. The credit should be able to be issued immediately once the party has received their item. I needed to purchase another item and there was only one left. However I have to wait 3 to 5 business days to be able to purchase the item.

This is ridiculous that now I have to wait when they should be able to take care of it themselves and issue the credit immediately so that I can use my Newegg credit card. The customer service representative very unhelpful and one hand does not know what the other is doing. I will never do business with this company again. I will just pay off my bill and put this card in the garbage. Newegg needs to review their policies and make the necessary changes!

Updated on 06/26/2017: The required time had gone by and I tried to order another watch which was 30 dollars more expensive and this charge did not go through. I looked at my Newegg statement and realized I had been charged twice for the amount of the item ($1226.00). Called Newegg and explained the problem that it had been two weeks and still no refund to my account. They told me again I would have to wait 3 to 5 business days. To date I am still waiting for the credit back to my Newegg account. Why do customers have to keep waiting while Newegg tries to get it right. It is clear that Newegg needs to get its policies in order and stop holding the customer hostage!

I placed Order ** on 6/7/17 (at 2:00pm), even paying for Rush Processing. They sent me my Sales Order and then a separate email (at 2:20) confirming that my card had been charged. What happened next is what changed my opinion about them. At 4:49, I received an email from them informing me that the product was out of stock. That has simply never happened before. This is upsetting for two reasons: first, they took an order for something not in stock. Secondly, they took the money and THEN informed the customer. If this had been a debit card, I would have been out all that money with no product to show for it. It may technically be legal, but it's sure as hell unethical.

A call to customer service turned out not the incredible customer service folks of the past but a rep who did not give a single damn. I once wrote a glowing review for Newegg that was so nice, they sent me a free ballcap (pic attached). It pains me, after 11 years of using and recommending them, that they have slipped down into the dregs of ordinary pissant internet vendors. I won't be back.

I purchased a compressor from Newegg at the end of May for my husband's birthday. The first issue was that it was left at our front door by Canada Post. When we opened the box the compressor had notably been dropped during shipping because the outside housing is cracked and the engine itself now sits crooked. We called Newegg and they said they would contact the Marketplace seller (who was Elite tools) on our behalf. We got no response within the 2-4 day period. So I called and chatted online to Newegg a 2nd time to customer service. They elevated the issue and said they would handle if we did not hear anything for 2-3days. We didn't hear, so when I called back they said they were putting the issue in their own hands. I must mention that each phone call or chat we make we spend at least 30 minutes and there have been at least 4 or 5 now.

2 business days later (which amounted to 2 weeks later) we received a RMA number with a note saying we had to return the product. So we repackaged, along with the letter and taped the RMA number to the package as requested by Newegg. We went off to the post office today only to find out Canada Post would not cover shipping. Now we are stuck with a broken compressor. It has been 3 weeks. We are not paying to ship a 50lb item! We are now back on the phone again to try to get a prepaid shipping label to return the product wasting another hour of our time today. So frustrating. I will never purchase from Newegg again after this.

Ordered a mobile wireless printer (new). Got a used one. Box all beat up. Called and asked for refund. Says they aren't the seller (Datavision?) and that I should send back. But, get this... I pay for shipping as well as a re-stocking fee. What a rip off.

I placed a large order for $2800.00. A couple of weeks after I got my stuff I tried to log in to my account and it was SUSPENDED! All I could get from their customer service was that there were unauthorized transactions on the account and it was done by "security". I think I would know if there were unauthorized transactions on my account and there were none. I guess that's what I get for being a good customer. So I lose access to my wish list and order history. Of course they said I could create a new account but it had to have a different email address and credit card. Grrr. I think I'll find someone else to do business with.

I have been building my own high end gaming pc's for over 10 years now. All told I have built at least 12 rigs for me and my son. I always swore that Newegg was the best place to buy components. Recently I have noticed that if you're not careful you can end up paying 2-3 times more from a 3rd party seller. Last month I ordered a gaming mouse from Newegg. Not really paying attention I just clicked on the mouse I wanted. When it arrived I realized that it was used and broken. There was dried food it and the latch that was located underneath which held the weights was broken.

For the first time ever the review I attempted to post was declined so I then posted the same bad review on the sellers review board (it got posted). A few days after it went up the seller (from China) actually called my phone to ask me and I quote, "If you remove your review we will give you $5". I couldn't believe it. When I called the Newegg CS number their exact response was "Sorry man business is business. You should have clicked the box that says Newegg only". A good way to verify that Newegg is allowing the 3rd party sellers to rip us off just go to the site and search "gaming mice" you'll find mice that are $1000! Then click on "Newegg only" and you'll see the same mice for $75-$125.

Last week I placed an online order for parts to have a custom gaming PC built for my son who just graduated from 8th grade, (high honors his last year), and his birthday is **. He's been talking about a gaming PC for almost 2 years. He started putting money away to save over the last 6 months because of how expensive they can be. The IT guy I work with is going to build it for him, so he compiled a list of what my son would need. I placed the order and later that afternoon, I received an email saying my order was on hold. I found that they processed 2 orders (even though I only placed one) because of a "free" game that came with two other things I ordered. It flagged my bank as fraudulent. I was advised to call my bank to have them allow the transaction. Called Newegg back and was told the prior rep gave me misinformation. He re-ran the order on a different card, since now I have over $800 pending on my debit card.

He said he was seeing the same issue, so that was voided automatically. I was on the phone with this guy for an hour and a half! He said his supervisor said there was an issue with the free game on their end causing orders to void out. I told the guy I didn't give a crap about the free game, I needed these parts by Tuesday (6/6). He was able to successfully process it without the free game one order. Weekend rolls around... Sunday I open Newegg's website and see I have 11 things in my cart and no open orders. I check my email and only had received the one from the original canceled order. Really?? I was livid! 3 times they voided my order! I did some online chat since they weren't open. That person said she had to send it to their verification dept for review.

So, Monday morning I call and I'm told it takes TWENTY-FOUR HOURS to be reviewed by verification and that they don't even call, they send an email telling me I can replace my order. Umm, no thank you Newegg! I talked to the IT guy and we went to Fry’s and just picked up the parts. Sick thing was, Newegg emailed me Monday afternoon saying I had 11 items in my cart, do I still want them? Ha! Nope! It was not until later that night that I got another email from Newegg saying they reviewed the account carefully and found that I can now place my order. They are absolutely terrible! Luckily I had a backup plan and my son's PC is being built as we speak. It'll be ready for his party on Saturday the 10th! He has no idea he's getting it!

Do NOT trust these people. They do not care about their clients. I bought a laptop from Newegg worth $2,100 and they sent it to my address (after I paid 2 day express shipping) through FedEx. FedEx left it outside my apartment, on the street. Laptop was stolen, package boxing was left outside. I found the package remains and contacted Newegg. They responded after 3 days, and said they can't do anything. Then I contacted FedEx. They said contact Newegg. Newegg said they can't help me and won't refund anything, but offered a $35 gift card. How useful.

Customer representative (Tom **) and his supervisor (Wendy) were useless, and wasted 10 days of my time having me go round and round in circles, yet they never called and did anything. Only communicated through emails. Took over 24 hours to get responses. Still haven't received my money or product. I do not recommend buying from them, they don't give a poop about their clients and are a waste of time.

I ordered a product from Newegg for the 2nd time. The first time it took at least a month to get the product and when I called I got the runaround because Pamper Inn was actually the seller. No way to contact them. It showed up the next day. This time... I decided it may have been a fluke and tried again (shame on me). I contacted them because I ordered my product on 05/02/2017 and have yet to receive it. The order number didn't exist. The agent (via chat) told me the order was voided due to nonpayment. Paid with credit card day of purchase and have receipt in hand.

They told me they never actually charged my card and order was voided. They failed to notify me and when I asked why they didn't, the agent told me to check my email. I wanted to choke them through the screen. When you wait for a product that should have arrived within 5 to 7 business days you check it daily... Junk mail and all. I will be taking my business elsewhere and thought anyone looking to get something from these guys might want to look elsewhere.

We received a new motherboard that was defective. We had purchased it on a gift card and since we have done business with them for several years with no issue, the gift card was discarded as it was not reloadable. So contacting Newegg about the motherboard before we sent, we told them about the gift card and they said they could do store credit. That changed to do a check which we never received. In talking to them even with the information they had from us, they applied the refund to the now non-existent gift card. After several chat conversations and conversations with their customer service, they are giving us the runaround still. This is $199.99 which is a lot of money to us. Terrible company. Buyer beware.

Get a new customer service team. They are awful and rude. Marie is the worst and gives you attitude when you are simply trying to resolve your issue. Since this company has been bought out, the services have gone completely downhill. Customer service treats you like garbage and then when you call them out on it, you get a measly 20 bucks as if that's the magic wand to fix the problem. Thinking that you can provide dog crap tier customer service and then buy back the customer is silly and would not be necessary if your team treated people like human beings.

I have unsubscribed from all promotions and will not be a return customer. The only reason I will return to Newegg is to further tarnish Newegg's image for their laughable attempt at getting return business. Amazon happily took my money and will be getting me what Newegg couldn't on time. Been a customer with Newegg since 2012 (sadly) and have literally watched as my used to be favorite retailer dropped like a pooh in a toilet. I will do everything I can to make sure people know not to shop Newegg anymore.

I'm in the market to buy a PC now that mine is getting old. I had one from Newegg picked out and planned to buy it after my next paycheck, until I was displayed an offer to save $100 off my order if I signed up for Premier. It seemed like a good deal to me, since I was a new shopper and there was a 30-day free trial if you signed up for the annual subscription. I planned to subscribe and buy my PC now instead of waiting since the extra $100 would leave me enough in my bank account to be comfortable for the rest of the week until payday.

So I go to sign up and fill out the form, except when I click to submit it, nothing happens. I am redirected to my cart. No confirmation, nothing. I go to my account overview to check and see if the membership had been applied and there was just a bug, but nope! Nothing there either. Okay, so it was probably just a fluke. I clear my cookies and try again. Same thing. New browser. Same thing.

I open up a customer support panel and let them know what's going on. I then spend the most agonizing 40 minutes rehashing the same two sentences back and forth with the CSR because they don't seem to have any reading comprehension whatsoever. I then go back and find that, mysteriously, the $100 off offer is gone. Not wanting to waste any more time, I ask the CSR if he can confirm whether or not the offer is valid, because if it's not, I don't want Premier. NE: "Premier members get free shipping." Okay. That's not even remotely close to what I asked. Talking to Newegg CSRs is like talking to a poorly developed artificial intelligence. Remember Cleverbot? It's like that.

So I sit there for a bit and try to decide whether or not I can justify spending the money now. I decide I can manage on a couple hundred for a week and send in an order only to open my bank account and realize there is a false positive and one of my deposits is still pending despite being shown in my useable funds. I immediately cancel the order (within 20 minutes of submitting it -- my card HAD NOT been charged yet) and go about my day. I'll buy it next week when I know I have more than enough money. That's where this should have ended, but no.

The next day, I go to my bank and find that there's a charge on my account. What gives, Newegg? I canceled, and I received a confirmation of approval of my cancellation. You shouldn't have processed my card. Once again, I'm talking to another incompetent CSR. This is the best part: I'm sitting here with the charge log right in front of me and this guy is telling me they never ran the transaction. I show him a screenshot of the charge (with important personal details censored out) and he STILL denies it. "Nope, we never charged you."

I have the proof right here that he did, and he becomes increasingly more rude and lies to my face. "If you canceled your order, how would we have charged it?" I don't know, Will. You tell me. I hang up and go call my bank. Guess what? The charge HAD been posted, just like I said it had. I had to spend an hour contesting the charge to have the amount refunded to my account. Never again, Newegg. NEVER.

I had never heard of this company. I received an email in November 2016 about a mouse for $5 and a rebate for $5, limit 5. Thought that was a great deal. Ordered 3. Sent in my rebate details quickly, in fact, the next day after receiving the product, which was delivered super quick. That was in November 2016. In March 2017, I went in search of my $15 rebate. The first response was, "We didn't receive it." Now, I have to tell you, I am in my 60's and I've been responding to mail-in rebates since in my teens. I can count on the fingers of one hand how many times my envelope did not reach the intended recipient. So, after some back and forth, the CSR said the $15 would be credited to my bank account in a few days. When I checked back, it was, "We changed our minds. You can have a $15 credit to our website." I refused.

She basically said, tough luck. I wrote a snail letter to the CEO, only after, may I add, when I asked CSR for the name and contact information of same, she said, "You cannot have that information. That is private." I found it on my own (with no problem). So, I got a response from the office of the CEO. He said, "Your $15 will be credited back to your bank account in 3-5 days." That was some time ago. More than 2 weeks, in fact. I have tried to contact him. He will not respond.

OK. My $15 is gone. I see that. I'm not rich. It hurts. I would never have bought these without the rebate offer. Oh, and, may I add, the connection of the mouse to the computer is so old school that it is pitiful. Of no use at all. Newegg, not so new. Old scam, still working. I feel like an old fool. Used to be that scammers fooled old people on the phone asking for their SSN. I am embarrassed, but, still fighting. I haven't lost my faculties, I hope!

I have been purchasing business computer equipment from Newegg.com for a number of years and they have never disappointed. Shipping is fast and I often get my product shipped same day as order is submitted. Their pricing is very competitive. Have not had to return anything to them. Sometimes a bit difficult to get customer service on the phone but they are available via email and they do respond quickly.

I bought 3 Philips DiamondClean toothbrushes on Newegg. When I received these items, the tags overlapped an older one. An agent told these are returned items, and people forgot to change the package when in warehouse. They offered to replace. It took a week for the refurbished items returned to Newegg. Replacement was canceled as one of the models was not in stock. I had to place another order. It took half a week for the refund to be finished. When the second 3 toothbrushes arrived, I found they have all been fully charge, while Philips told me these items need 24-48 hours charging before use, so there shouldn't be any power. Newegg agreed to return all money back after they proposed to send only 85% money since the packaged were opened. It took half a week for the returned items go back to Newegg, another half week for they inspect the returned item before the refund issued.

It then took 4 days for the refund to be sent back to my account. I don't think Newegg sell brand new items, 6 items were definitely refurbished when I received them. I complained to agents, and they told me this is the fault of the warehouse, while there is no refurbished toothbrush showing on the website. Newegg proposed to give me $20 Newegg gift card which expire in a month for the compensation of these refurbished items, and they refused to change it into cash or larger amount of gift card.

I recently purchased all the components for a new computer. The Asus ROG Maximus IX Code LGA1151 mobo (**) was one of my purchases and was broken when I received it. They shipped me a physically broken motherboard. (A screw on the back of the mobo connecting the back to the front had been over-tightened, presumably by the manufacturer, and broke the plastic housing it was in.) As such, I went through the RMA process and returned it.

First, they say, "Please allow 2-5 days for processing once Newegg.com has received your return." It took 10 days and multiple follow-ups to get it processed, double their promised "maximum." Second, Newegg rejected the RMA saying, "Unfortunately, the item(s) was physically damaged and beyond the applicable Newegg.com warranty coverage as indicated in our Standard Warranty Policy." They shipped me a physically broken motherboard and now want me to deal with the manufacturer? How is this acceptable business practice? That's like Target telling me to go talk to Sony because Target sold me a broken TV! They make you wait double their promised RMA processing time and then tell you it's not their problem they sold me a damaged product?

Additionally, I had to pay to have it shipped back! While I haven't had a problem with Newegg before, I've never received damaged product before either. I now know what other people meant when they commented on Newegg's customer service. I would recommend steering away from Newegg. You can find almost all the same products for less money on Amazon, your local store, or other retailer. The same motherboard was available on Amazon for slightly less. Additionally, Amazon's next day shipping charge was $8.99. Newegg's is over $40. Part-way through the RMA process I just bought it off Amazon because I needed a working computer right away. I still can't believe "it's not Newegg's problem they sold me a damaged product."

I ordered a product from Newegg for my son in Tennessee. Newegg stated shipping in 1 to 3 days. The product was not provided by Newegg, but by a Marketplace supplier 123Stores subcontractor. I had no notification that the product had shipped. When I contacted Newegg they disavowed responsibility but said they had canceled the order. The next day Newegg sent an email saying that my credit card had been charged. I contacted Newegg again to get a tracking number. I still have no proof that the item shipped and will file a fraud claim if it has not. I will not use Newegg again.

Always, ALWAYS an issue to start. It's always something. Once started it needs to go thru restarts, updates, it never ends. Why did I buy this Acer One 10? No, Newegg would not take it back. Stay away from them.

Because I was having a credit a card and address change difficulty, I called Newegg Customer Service. The man did not resolve anything and I was told that I could not speak to a manager or supervisor. So I guess my credit card will remain not updated so my Premier account will not be renewed.

Ordered 2 internal pci cards for my home computers from Newegg (Kingsmore). Little did I know at the time that this was a 3rd party Newegg China company. Needless to say 6 weeks later my order still showed as "shipped" and no evidence of such a tracking number or item. Finally had to go thru refund process (over a week, really Newegg??) NOT the way to do business. After 7 years of purchasing thru Newegg I have lost any confidence in them. Amazon and Best Buy will now get any future business of mine.

I ordered a computer and paid an extra 41.27 for next day shipping. My print out receipt "guaranteed" delivery by Friday. It's Monday and I haven't received it. In fact, when I attempted to look for my pkg, my sales number wasn't even registered. I have the receipt and a sales agent tell me that it would be delivered on Friday. My FIRST AND LAST EXPERIENCE! NO THANK YOU TO reneging on your own contract, and trying to make someone pay for a service you didn't deliver. Wrong person!

Newegg.com Company Profile