1.38/5
Based on 177 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 18, 2018

669 Newegg.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 18, 2018

Newegg didn't want refund money to my PayPal Account. I made purchases on eBay store Newegg May 16, 2018. In some hours I received email from info@newegg.com - Newegg - Order Cancellation Verification Issue. I check eBay and PayPal. eBay order still not cancelled and PayPal still not refunded. I called Newegg. They answered that money was refunded to my PayPal. But it's lie. I called eBay and after PayPal. They told me that if seller cancelled purchased he should refund money right now and cancel eBay purchase of course.

After I called Newegg again - no help. Only in some hours I received on eBay case closing purchase. But I can accept it because of eBay notice: You should only accept the cancellation request if you haven't paid yet or you've already received your refund from the seller. If you haven't received your refund. I called PayPal again. They told me that I should open PayPal dispute to resolve this problem. Absolutely inadequate shop. Waste money and time. Didn't want refund money to my PayPal Account.

Hello there Sergey,

I am sorry to hear this however refunds can take 3-5 business days for the refund to return to the original payment method. Business days is Monday-Friday not including the weekend or holidays. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund. If you do require further assistance then please let me know.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 17, 2018

Ordered a computer 5-7 business days. 9 Business days later still not here. Every day package tracker will say expected to arrive end of day and then at 5 pm switches to tomorrow for past 3 days. Honestly so ridiculous, if what you're ordering has any sort of time constraints I'd just shop somewhere else.

Hello Matthew,

I want to apologize for any issues you had with your order. I see that the order was placed initially on 5/5/18 which is a Saturday and orders do not process on the weekends. This was also being sold by a Marketplace vendor and the orders can take 1-3 business days to process. Looking at the days from when tracking information was made available I see that it is en route within the allotted time frame. Please let me know if I can assist further.

Louis [Newegg Support]

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 12, 2018

I ordered 5 plastic drainage grates worth about $30 each from NewEgg. com. I didn't realize I was ordering from this bunch of idiots who "accidentally" shipped 5 birthday cards for William. Since the cards arrived in a plain manila envelope with a company name I did not recognize, and seemed to have nothing to do with anything I had ordered, I discarded them thinking they were some kind of promotional junk mail.

Later, after the garbage truck had already run for the week, I got an email notice that my drainage grates had been delivered and were in my mailbox. Since they wouldn't have fit, I put 2 and 2 together and realized that the 5 birthday cards must have been a screw-up on the part of NewEgg. com. When I contacted them, they washed their hands of the matter and turned it over to their "marketplace seller" UnbeatableSale.com. After a month of running me around in circles UnbeatableSale.com finally denied my request for a refund because I had nothing I could return. No legitimate business operates this way. These people are incompetent and dishonest.

Newegg.com response

Hey there, Mark. I deeply apologize for the issues that you have encountered while shopping with us. When the time permits, could you please send us a private message with your order number so I could look further into this for you? Thank you.

Ernie [Newegg Support]

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 9, 2018

Newegg shipped 2 of 3 boxes to my house, FedEx recognized that 1 box was shipped to different state but Newegg denied my claim, unbelievable. After 30 days calling customer services with no answer, today I got notification that claim was rejected. So Newegg stole me $2k.

Newegg.com response

Hey Julio, I am sorry to hear about this! I would be happy to look into this further for you.Can you please send me a private message with your sales order number? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Derek [Newegg Support]

Original review: May 4, 2018

What I was buying, Win 7 Home Premium, had no information attached. Knowing Microsoft's penchant for twisting the straightforward into pretzels, I asked if I had the option to download (delivery advertised) and store on both DVD and USB Flash. The CS rep said she didn't know. She suggested I call Microsoft (hah!!!). I asked, "Who in Microsoft." Again she didn't know. As if Microsoft ever gave anybody anything for nothing. I asked for a supervisor who got the answer from their tech dept in a couple of minutes. Lesson. Many low-level CS reps are relatively ignorant, haven't bothered to find out where to go for answers, and really don't care very much. Per my experience. ASK for a supervisor. I have been buying from Newegg for 10 years now and the few problems I've had have been fairly easily resolved.

Hi Robert,

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had and the issues you had encountered with our customer service team. I am however pleased to hear that you did receive the response you were looking for in the end. Should you have any more concerns or feedback please send us a private message.

Louis [Newegg Support]

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Original review: May 2, 2018

I placed an order JANUARY 3, 2018. Usually there is a tracking number within a day or two. Two boxes were shipped, two tracking numbers issued. Only one box of cable arrived. I logged on to see what the issue with the other one was. SHIPPING LABEL CREATED, but the box was never given to FedEx. It is still sitting at their warehouse! On JANUARY 8, 2018 CLAIM WAS FILED! NOTHING HAPPENED. MULTIPLE CALLS and everyone says, "someone dropped the ball" but NOBODY ever fixes the issue.

Hey Jim,

I'm sorry that this happened. I am going to submit a request to escalate this situation to our claims department so we can get this resolved for you.If you need any further assistance, please send me a private message and I will be happy to assist.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 30, 2018

I ordered a hard drive, and the price lowered within 6 hours of the order. Newegg would NOT honor the reduced price, saying I must return it when it arrived and rebuy. Instead I refused delivery. I was promised a call from a manager at the company, and I am going on day 7 WITHOUT a call from a CS manager. I am now told I must officially submit a request for an RMA, and they will process it 5-7 business days after they receive it. In REAL business, once you refuse a delivery, it is ALREADY in their possession and a refund should be IMMEDIATELY processed. Still waiting for a call...

Hey there Mark,

I am sorry to hear about this issue. I have looked up your account and I do see that you have spoken to someone already. If you still require assistance or a call back please send a private message and let me know.

Nicholas [Newegg Support]

Original review: April 27, 2018

I purchased some equipment between 2 and 4 years ago and I've learned that saving a few dollars ends up costing you more in the long run. Since then I've gotten letters from the Department of Revenue Services, empty promises from Newegg, and 0 response from anyone in Newegg's company whenever I do contact them. Each time I get a "we'll be in touch and you can reply to this email" but I get no reply after that or follow-up. So after they sent incorrect information to the DRS, I now have to try to prove myself innocent and I have to be the one to show that Newegg provided incorrect information.

After jumping through every single hoop for both Newegg and the CT DRS it still doesn't make a difference. So unless you want to run the risk of being sent to a collection agency for something you don't owe due to incorrect information being sent out and then receive no update from Newegg, I would strongly advise you to never do business with Newegg. Amazon might be a couple dollars more, but in my experience, I've never had to potentially go to court over purchases made years ago with them.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 26, 2018

I have purchased 2 iPhones from them and they come from a 3rd party named Arrow-Direct. Complete garbage. First phone froze completely at 6 months and wouldn’t turn on at all. Ok, I can see I got a bad apple but now the second phone. At 4 months the charging port was barely working and I had to angle the cord just so for it to work. Now at 7 months the phone won’t even turn on. No warranty and I just wasted $425 on crap! I have bought several products from Newegg but now I’m done! You need to find a better third party to buy phones from!

Hello Scott,

Thank you for taking time to express your concern regarding your Marketplace order for the refurbished B-Grade iPhones. I am truly sorry to hear about the trouble you have been experiencing with them lately. Sadly, the order has exceeded the 30 day return time frame. However, please know that your feedback has been forwarded to our Marketplace Management Team for further consideration in reviewing our Seller's products and services.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 25, 2018

Thought I'd give Newegg a try. Bought a remote control from a 3rd party vendor on April 5th. I cancelled the order less than an hour after I placed the order because my sound guy had misquoted me and could get this item at a much cheaper cost. I contacted New Egg and discovered they had to contact the seller to cancel the order, so they sent an email. I also left a phone message for the seller. Seller agreed to cancel the order the next day. AFTER they confirmed them, they produced a shipping label for my order and didn't refund the order. They then redirected the shipping package while in the meantime not responding to any of my attempts to contact. Because they shipped it, Newegg said I had to wait even longer before I could get a refund so the seller could acknowledge they got the return. EVEN AFTER I pointed out to Newegg the item was never to be shipped.

Guess what? It is now April 25th and I STILL don't have a refund. I contacted Newegg and they told me they'd have to contact the seller to see what was going on which was last week. I checked my order status today and it now says Under Newegg Review and that Newegg would have a resolution within their timeframe of 1 - 2 WEEKS! In today's online world, there is not even a close second to how unbelievable awful of a process and experience this has been. At first, I told Newegg their reputation was being hurt by the 3rd party seller...but now, their reputation is being hurt by their own processes. It is just unreal that they have literally just over 1 star of reviews online out of 5.

Hello Scott,

I would first like to start off by apologizing on behalf of Newegg and myself personally for the experience you had with your order with one of our Marketplace vendors. I would like to inform you at this time I have escalated this matter to my Marketplace Management team and have given the seller a 24 hour notice to fully resolve and refund your order. I'll be following up with you tomorrow once I have a final update here for you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 24, 2018

I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS COMPANY!!! This is the 1st and ONLY purchase that I will ever make with y'all. I wish I had reviewed this website prior to my purchase. I should've known that this was going to be an issue when they claimed that my "Financial Institution" was preventing the purchase from going through... So without knowing any better I called my bank (a bank that I have done business with for 25+ years) and asked them what the hold up was and it was just as I thought. It was Newegg's issue. They cancelled the order and the following morning when I received the email telling me that they had, I foolishly went and reordered the product and was told the same thing!! Ha Ha.

I should have stopped at that point. However, it was so frustrating that I had to get resolution and continued to completion... or so I thought. But wait there is more!!! Well as of 5 days later I am still waiting for the email confirming 3 day delivery (which I paid extra) or any information period. Today when I called I spoke to a very kind CSR named Irma who seemed to be more confused than I was why this item hasn't shipped or that I haven't been notified beyond my payment being approved. I was told that I will receive an email update within 1-3 hours notifying me of shipment details or details as to why it hasn't. Stay tuned...

Hello Dock,

Let me first begin with personally apologizing on behalf of myself and Newegg for the issues you had reported with your order. I do see as of now your order has an ETA delivery date via FedEx for 4/27/2018 and fortunately it is within the shipping time frame as orders can take 1-2 business days not including weekends to process. If there's anything at all I can do to offer further assistance or make your experience better, please let me know.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I'm a business and I build many custom computers. I ordered a complete set of computer parts for a custom build and was sent the wrong case. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with them trying to get it resolved. I had to take pictures and send them. The customer service person told me he had to send it to someone else to resolve. That was a couple of days ago and I still haven't received an email telling me anything. I tried calling back but they said they didn't know anything. Amazon has many computer parts now. I'm done with Newegg's customer no service. I have another order for a custom build but I'm afraid to buy the parts from Newegg as I now realize if I get the wrong parts, I'm stuck with them.

Hi Susan,

Oh my, I am truly sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with resolving this matter. Our records show that a return has been created with a prepaid FedEx return shipping label, so you may send the product back. The label will only be valid for 7 days, so please try to use it within that time frame. Also, please be sure to send us a private message is you have further questions or concerns, as to avoid discussing your information publicly.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I placed an order for a gift card that was suppose to be an egift. I ordered it before and there were no problems, I received it right away. But then 2 days ago I ordered them and right away I got an email stating I changed my address and it was verifying this. I never changed anything and I double checked it matches what originally put in and it did. Customer service will not return my calls or texts.

Hi Traci,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. It is definitely very strange that your order has not completely processed yet and I am truly sorry for the trouble you've experienced. I am currently working with our Management Team to resolve this matter and have requested the continued processing of your order or details as to what must be done to fix this. I will be sure to update you as soon as additional information becomes available.

Liam William [Newegg Support]

Original review: April 17, 2018

I purchased an item through Newegg that turned out to be incompatible with my phone. I contacted Newegg who contacted their supplier Last of the Loot. I was given permission to return the item and sent it back using tracked USPS and the RMA. Newegg has never approved the refund (through PayPal) and are challenging the refund. I have been a repeat customer of Newegg, but never again.

Hello Elizabeth,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. This is not a typical practice of our marketplace sellers and I am going to bring this up to our marketplace team for review. In the mean time, could you send me a private message with your return tracking information? This way I can look into this further and have your refund issued.

Rudy[Newegg Support]

Original review: April 16, 2018

I've never publicly complained about a vendor, but I will make an exception in this case. Absolutely the worst buying experience I've ever had. First, the shipment to me was delayed because I had supposedly supplied the wrong address (They later admitted that I hadn't). Then, I received the wrong item. I had to prove it was wrong by supplying pictures. I was then provided an RMA to return the item to their supplier, "eCops", at my expense. Then, believe it or not, it turns out that their pre-printed shipping label had the wrong address on it! "ECops" doesn't know their own address! So UPS charged me (!) an extra fee to deliver it. When I asked when I might receive the correct item, I was informed that they now consider the matter closed and I would have to buy the item again. Well, I would eat sandpaper before placing another order with this lot.

Hello Quinn.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. This is not the typical experience with marketplace sellers on our site. I have reported this instance to our marketplace team for review. Please send us a private message and we will look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rudy[Newegg Support]

Original review: April 15, 2018

Still an ongoing issue, I've been trying to get a hold of roughly $1000 in parts that I ordered as part of a bundle. It has been like pulling teeth to actually get anything done, and now that I've rechecked the claim they started for me, I even realized they missed two items in the claim from the order that I was able to easily identify through the invoice. My case and my graphics card got here no issues, but trying to actually get help with getting a hold of the rest of my parts has been an awful experience. Newegg seems great until you have to actually start working with customer service. :(

Hello Jacob.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I would love to assist you further with this matter. Please send us a private message so that we can go over the details of your claim. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Rudy[Newegg Support]

Original review: April 13, 2018

I bought a GTX750 from ViewMax off of Newegg, when it came in it crashed any game I tried to play. I did some research and found out it was a GTX750 case with a GTX650 graphics card bios and chip. I tried to get a refund through Newegg because I didnt trust ViewMax for returns because at this point they're clearly scamming. Got no help from them and the only way to refund through them was to send back to ViewMax.

Hello Anthony,

I'm so sorry to hear about the issue you had with your order and the product you received. I do see that our customer service team is currently in the process of assisting you with your return request from the seller. If you are in need of any further assistance or have any questions or concerns please let me know so we can further look into this for you.

Louis [Newegg Support]

Original review: April 11, 2018

Wish I could give a zero star review. I purchased upgrade RAM for my Mac. It took several months of problems, and hundreds of dollars of repair and replacement money to find out that the RAM was bogus. The 3rd party RAM sold by Newegg was apparently counterfeit. When I finally found this out and asked them for a refund, I was told I had to have Apple launch an investigation into their 3rd party to prove the case before they would issue a refund! Unbelievable! If I was running a company like Newegg I would be happy if a customer told me they had found out a supplier of ours was shipping bad product. Instead they told me to get lost! Never do business with a company that would do this just so they can save their profit. Terrible customer service.

Oh no Michelle,

I am sorry to hear this and would be happy to assist you. Can you please send me a private message on what was said and how this was found out? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Nicholas [Newegg Support]

Original review: April 6, 2018

On 03/28/2018 I ordered a computer case from one of Newegg's Marketplace Sellers. I received no emails for 3 days so I had no idea what the status of my order was. I emailed the seller on the 30th and failed to receive any response. I contacted Newegg support and asked to cancel my order, they told me that they could not do that, they had no way to contact the seller because the seller used Newegg's number as their contact number. I used my Newegg card for the purchase so I asked them to stop the payment, they said they could not do that as well.

So I got on Facebook and messaged Newegg that way to see if I could get some help about this order. Shortly after that I finally received an email from the seller about the order. It had been shipped on the 28th, the day I ordered it. All is good right? When I got the case it was the wrong one. I emailed the seller and asked to exchange it for the right one. No response. So I emailed the seller and asked to return the case. No response.

I contacted Newegg customer service, they said the only thing that they could do was file a claim, which I did. I received a claim number but no email from Newegg about the claim (still haven't). Within minutes I received an email from the seller that they would issue an RMA the next day and I would have to pay a restocking fee and shipping fee. I have sent the item back the same day I got the RMA and then I left a rating for this seller which reflected my experience (bad). I then received this email from the seller, "Thank you so much for the tracking. We received a negative feedback from you and we deeply apologize for all the inconvenience caused to you. We have sent your concern to the upper department and we will try to improvise our customer service to help the customer in better way near future.

"We request you to please review and change the rating and feedback you left for us and as a courtesy and your cooperation we will refund the shipping amount as well you paid for shipping the item back. Please let us know how much you paid for the shipping cost and we will refund that as well with the total refund. We request you to please review the feedback and rating again as we have taken your points into consideration and would try to improvise our customer service.

Awaiting for your response. Thank you so much for your cooperation and deeply apologies for the inconvenience caused to you."

They are trying to bribe me to change my rating. Once again I contacted Newegg to ask what to do, they advised me to change my rating of this seller (I am not kidding), so I could make sure I get my money back. I have been a customer of Newegg since 2009 (11 years) and never once had any problems with them. I will never do business with Newegg again and if I don't receive my refund I am going to dispute the charge with the credit card company.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Just to give a timeline of events that occurred with Newegg. I ordered a refurbished MacBook Pro with i5 processor to replace an old MacBook with Intel Core 2 Duo. This was ordered online on the 11th. On the 13th I received an email and 2 calls about incomplete information and a problem with the credit card. I responded to all of them and got confirmation of order after. Strange they did not have a problem charging my account on the 11th when it was actually ordered. On the 15th I received my box via FedEx and was excited to get my new used computer.

However, the excitement turned to frustration when I opened the box and found that Newegg sent me the same older model MacBook (was not even a MacBook Pro) that I wanted to replace. After quite a while on the phone, I had to send pictures of the computer and box to them as proof. Then they said they would send me a mailing label to send it back. I did send it back on the 16th and on the 18th I got an email asking when I was going to send it. They provided me with the shipping label and should have been able to track that. I kept checking the tracking on the package and they received it on the 22nd. Odd that they got it here in 2 days, but it took almost a week for them to get it back.

I have called every two days to get an update on the status of the return. It is the 28th now and I feel they have held my 450 dollars “hostage” long enough. I would not recommend going to Newegg for anything! I already re ordered my MacBook Pro replacement from Amazon and I am quite happy with it. Just like all the responses here. Customer service representatives are very friendly. But actions speak louder than any words. Extremely bad customer experience. This company would have to change a lot of business practices to get me to ever buy from them again. I wonder how long it will actually take for them to credit my card for the amount?

An update – talked to Newegg again yesterday and they requested another 48 hrs. What a JOKE! This was the 6th call to them. We called the bank and put the amount in dispute on the credit card. Newegg is a scammer organization that sells and sends inferior merchandise and I will never order from them again… PERIOD!

Hello Robert,

Let me start by personally apologizing for the experience you had with your RMA process. I can assure you our intention is to not provide you with bad customer service and to intentionally sell or provide you or any of our customers with inferior products. If you do feel that way, I would like to say I'm sorry. I did submit a request to have the RMA processed and finalized for you. Feel free to message us should you have any further concern.

Original review: April 2, 2018

My husband Blake ** purchased a laptop for gaming purposes from Newegg. He had a hard time getting customer service help when the laptop still hadn't shipped several days later. Last Friday March 30th he finally spoke with someone who said they could email a cancel order request. He received a copy of the email. Thank God he thought to pay $31 to Wells Fargo to do a stop payment should Newegg try to take the funds anyways. Apparently Newegg doesn't check emails before processing and shipping stuff out. While Newegg couldn't get the money we were informed that they go through PayPal (sheisty they do this way in the 1st place) and that PayPal may possibly be able to access the funds. Will trigger the hassle of disputing this and getting money back. I truly hope Newegg treats their customers better in the future. They will not receive our business again.

Hey there Stephanie,

I am sorry to hear about this however for all marketplace orders, they go through 1-3 business days of order verification. Order verification does not include the weekend. I do see the item is set for delivery tomorrow, if you still would like a return I do suggest contacting Antonline at 877-293-9797 for assistance on a return.

If you do require further assistance then please let me know.

Nicholas[Newegg Support]

Original review: April 2, 2018

I purchased a motherboard from Newegg.com late January for a client. We didn't get to start building the computer until March. I notice there was an issue with one of the memory slot on the board that wasn't holding down the memory in place. I went through support with Newegg and they said they could return it but there would be a 15% restocking fee. I mention to them that I understand if I bought the product and I didn't like it I will be okay with the restocking fee however the case was that the board defected.

I mention about the warranty for the board. They pushed me off to Super Micro for warranty. I reached out to Super Micro and they check the warranty status and told me that the warranty on the product was out. They told me because I didn't purchase it from them they can't assist me with the exchange and so they push me back to Newegg. SO here I am, 6 weeks later and no one is taking ownership of the issue. Sadly, as a company, I am done doing business with Newegg. After 6 years business with them, I think I will start buying my products from Amazon. At least I know they will guarantee their product and exchange it.

Hey there John,

I am sorry to hear about this and would gladly assist you on this. I do see a previous agent has sent you an email to you to fill out. Can I ask have you filled the form email out? Please send a private message so we can discuss this further. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Nicholas [Newegg Support]

Original review: March 31, 2018

Be wary of what you purchase at this online store. With very poor to nonexistent customer service and hidden fees on return policy. You must pay for shipping when you and when you return it as well. I would have to end up paying more than 50% of my items cost on this with the added restocking fees. Along with other things in the fine print that don't apply to me but seem outdated and not customer friendly. I suggest you spend your money at a place you are sure the customer is first and you can expect some level of decency. There are many online and brick stores that offer competitive pricing and will even match the price. Newegg was the place for computer parts 10 years ago and it seems it has gone downhill from here.

Oh no Reina,

I am very sorry to hear this and would gladly assist you on the return. Can you please send a private message and let me know if you have sent the item back? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Nicholas [Newegg Support]

Original review: March 30, 2018

I used to love Newegg. I'm a business owner and often made purchases from them. And it really is a disappointment to be leaving this negative review for them. But their business model for Newegg Marketplace just isn't safe for customers to make purchases through. The Marketplace is setup where the third party shops can sell through Newegg's website and supposedly we have Newegg's backing that these shops are verified and can be trusted. But they can't. I was unfortunate enough to purchase through one of these scammy shops and it's been almost two months trying to find a way to make it right. The scammy shop deleted their Newegg Marketplace account once they got enough negative reviews and will likely just open up another shop under a different name through them and keep swindling people.

The specifics of what happened to me in short are: I made a Marketplace purchase. The store, Redtag Camera, sent me a different product than what I ordered. I paid out of pocket (no one told me I could get shipping refunded up to $15, which it was more than anyway) to send the camera back and asked Redtag to send me the product I bought. They called me and asked me to wait a while for them to get more in stock. I did. Eventually they mailed me my camera, but once again, it was not the product I ordered.

Newegg marketplace sellers set up their own return policies, so this vendor charged a 10% restocking fee. In the case of this purchase, that was over $300. By the time I got to today, when I finally got the restocking fee (hopefully) reimbursed through Newegg, it's been almost two months of back and forth with customer service. Redtag Camera simply took down their profile so they can rename their store and open up shop and swindle more Newegg customers.

I just wish Newegg could be more thorough on who they allow to sell through their Marketplace. A simple idea would be to have Marketplace testers who occasionally buy thing from the stores through Newegg, send them back and make sure the quality control is there. But instead, it's way too easy to steal from Newegg customers in the Marketplace business model.

I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm getting out losing just time and about $40 on shipping charges. I imagine not everyone is willing to spend hours on the phone with customer service to fight for Newegg to fix this. It's extra complicated because Newegg customer service isn't the same as the Marketplace one. So even when trying to get these wrongs corrected it's a lot of iffy promises of customer service representatives saying "yea, that's not right, we should be able to fix that no problem... oh sorry, I can't. My supervisor says we can't help with Marketplace issues that simply". It becomes a nightmare of contacting them and then waiting to see what actually happens, and then contacting them again to try and get them to fix the rest, and then again, etc. So little by little, Newegg can right these wrongs for the most part but it's just not worth buying through them.

Hey there Kate,

I am sorry to hear this however looking over your order we are working to quickly get the refund issued. If you do require further assistance then please send a private message.

Nicholas [Newegg Support]

Original review: March 29, 2018

Ordered a computer and router. Newegg created a shipping number but forgot to send the computer. The problem was clear but customer service could not deal with it. I got the computer after one month. I received the router quickly but it does not work. Still have the router after eight weeks. It still does not work. Customer service continues to put me off.

Hi Jay,

I am truly sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with resolving this matter. Sadly, the router has exceeded the 30 day return time frame through Newegg. However, it is covered by a 2 year manufacturer warranty through Cisco! You can reach them via their support site: https://goo.gl/WHK3VC or via phone at 1-800-553-6387. I have also resent your invoice to the email address on file, should you need the proof of purchase when contacting them.

Liam [Newegg Support]

Original review: March 26, 2018

I bought 8 "refurbished" APC ES-550 battery backups on their site, not cheap, about $42/each. They use a 3rd party supplier. I would expect at a minimum, new batteries since it is a battery backup. They showed pictures of a model of the ES-550 with a USB type B management port which APC has been using for the last several years of that model. The older ES-550s used an RJ-45 port. They sent me 8 units with the old RJ-45 ports and ALL of the UPS they sent me had the original APC batteries that were between 5 and 10 years old and are rated at less than 5 years. When I called up the company, they said they were supposed to be 3 years or less and I told them that was deceptive advertising because the description didn't say 3 year old or less, it said refurbished which implies new batteries. The company that sent them said no problem just return them.

I spent something like 45 minutes on the phone with the Newegg service guy giving him all the details including the fact that they were not sent in APC boxes, they were bubble wrapped only in a large cardboard box. I just got a message from Newegg saying that they received my ** shipment but it was not being approved because it was missing the original APC individual shipping boxes. They could have found out that they were sent the same way they were returned by either asking their own customer service guy or the company that sent them. This is poor quality service. I will make sure I NEVER order anything refurbished from them again since they don't seem to institute any quality assurance practices for their marketplace vendors and I would advise everyone to avoid buying refurbished products from Newegg because if you have to return them, good luck.

Hello there John,

I am very sorry to hear about this. I do see that this was marked as refurbished. I will assist you on the return, please watch the email for any updates. If you do have any further questions then please send me a private message.

Resolution response: March 27, 2018

The return process was expedited and currently waiting on a ship date.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I had to RMA a brand new motherboard due to it showing up DOA. The process is taking one week to ship back. I sent it Tuesday and it won't get there until next Tuesday. Then 2 days for processing and another week to send me a new one back. But I hear they send back refurbished not new so I guess I'll see. A nice waiting game (not). Ship time is unacceptable for sending me a broken product to begin with. I have been with Newegg since 2004. Now I will be switching to Amazon and their competitors.

Newegg.com response

Hey there Jacob, I am sorry to hear this however we can issue a request to expedite the return if you would like. When the item is returned back to our warehouse an email will be sent to you about this. When you do receive this email, please contact us back and we would be happy to issue send the request to expedite. If you do require further assistance, please send a private message.

Nicholas [Newegg Support]

Original review: March 24, 2018

I am STILL trying to obtain my son's Christmas (yes I said CHRISTMAS) gift! First- was sent an incorrect sized graphics card. Oh they’ll take it back BUT had to lose 120 Bucks in the process AND yes NO REFUND given! So I am stuck with having to deal with these “eggheads” Again!!! They NEVER got the RIGHT sized graphic card in stock so my son says “Hey, get me a really good GAMING laptop with a 1050 GTX”. They sent out Yet Again the wrong laptop with a MX 150 (which is NOT for Gaming). We have been on the phone 3 times with 3 different customer service agents with no resolution to our conundrum of having an incorrect laptop! So yes it’s March 24th and my son hasn’t had a Christmas gift YET!

Newegg.com response

Oh my Christopher, I am very concerned about hearing this and would love to assist you on this. Please send me a private message with your order number. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Nicholas [Newegg Support]

Original review: March 22, 2018

Absolutely the worst decision I ever made. It has been over a month since I order and returned a "refurbished" laptop from them. It showed up in poor packaging, flopping around in the box. The keyboard was full of crumbs, finger grease, gunk, and HAIR. Completely absurd. When I flipped the laptop over to try and shake out the crumbs the whole keyboard fell out. All the bubble wrap was popped and the wrong charger was included. I called customer service and they were barely any help. The woman on the phone told me how she liked bubble wrap and how one time she fell in a trash can. I can't make this up. This company is awful and a joke. It's been over a month, I have no laptop, I still have not received a refund. Stay away from these scammers.

Hello John,

Let me start off by apologizing for the experience you had with not only your order but with our company as a whole in general. The condition of the unit you received is totally unacceptable and I completely understand your frustration. I see as of today you were in contact with one of our customer service representatives who has expedited the return for you. If there's anything else at all I can help with, please send me a private message.

Louis [Newegg Support]

Original review: March 20, 2018

I ordered a product that was in stock. Shipping date was given. The shipping date passed, no information regarding delivery. I contacted them regarding this product and received a notice that the order was cancelled, no other information. I had made several searches for this product and still want to purchase it. This entire experience was very disappointing and I will never use this site again.

Newegg.com Company Information