2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

3.8/5 (1612 ratings)

About Newegg.com

Newegg.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Original review: April 22, 2021

I ordered a bundle for a 10700k that came with a motherboard. This was back in July 2020. Well I have to say, it was one of the best purchases I've made and Newegg made it super easy to order it. It got here quickly and the packaging was excellent.

Hi Martin,

Thank you so much for reaching out to Newegg. We are pleased to hear you have had a stellar experience while shopping with us, please feel free to reach back out to us if there is any assistance we can provide you with.

Have an Eggcellent day!

Renee [Newegg Support]

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Newegg is one of only two companies I trust to make online purchases from. Customer service is top-notch if you encounter problems with a seller. I suggest looking at reviews of the sellers before making purchases though so you do not have to contact Newegg.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

So, I originally ordered a Lian Li fan controller which had only 1 picture and no description on the site. When I received it, it turned out to be a LED fan controller that has a 6-pin plug. I have a lian li case that neither the fan power nor the fan led can plug into that, and it was not mentioned on the site. After spending an awfully long time waiting for support (I ended up falling asleep the first time I called waiting for about 30 minutes with a quoted time of 6-14 minutes, and the second time was answered in a short 6 or so minutes), I was greeted by a customer service agent named Loretta. She was EXTREMELY helpful, worked through the issue with me, and also noticed the fact that there is no description or anything on the website. After explaining my issue, she was kind and understanding and managed to work something out. Very good experience, and I recommend her!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 15, 2021

I purchased two LED Dimmer Controller Kits for use with existing LED lights in my kitchen. I received them quickly and installed them. Both controllers worked for about a day and then the remote control would no longer control the lights. I changed the batteries but that did not fix it. I contacted the company: TorchStar. After a few days of discussion, they told me that their product is not compatible with the brand of LED lights that I have (CleanLife). I ask if they would refund my money and they said only if the units are defective. Further, they wrote that if it is just a compatibility issue, that was my fault for not checking with the light manufacturer.

Regarding compatibility, the Newegg website states nothing about limited compatibility for this product. It does give the voltage range and a maximum amperage as well as a steady amp rating. My installation stayed within those limits.

Dissatisfied with TorchStars' handling of this issue, I wrote a review of the product and submitted it to Newegg. My review pointed out that anyone purchasing this product should contact their lighting manufacturer before purchasing to ensure compatibility. It has now been three weeks since I wrote the review and it has not been published.

I have contacted Newegg twice about this. First they told me it takes time to process reviews. Next they told me that my review did not meet their review guidelines: "Product reviews should only discuss the performance of a fully functional item and should not include information about the service of the retailer or manufacturer, mail-in rebates, or defective products." I suppose this says it all...Newegg does not accept reviews about items that don't function, i.e. No bad reviews. Buyer beware.

Hey Paul!

I'm sorry to hear you had some issues with your most recent purchase of LED lights. IF there is anything we can help with please send us a private message and we will do our best to assist you.

Frank [Newegg support]

Original review: June 12, 2021

Ordered a video card from Newegg.com. Upon arrival the video card was totally not what was pictured. The video card was hot glued together... yes! It was already broken before I received it... the screws were hot glued into the heatsink and as I looked it over closer...there were missing parts along with the wrong cooling fan plug attached... I let them know I was returning it... took three days for them to receive it... they said it would take 5-7 business days to check it over...once approved for a refund it would be an additional 3-5 days for my refund to be administered.

It's been 14 days and a claim through PayPal which mentioned they'd get to the bottom of this for me...However Newegg still has yet to refund my money. Please be careful...all I get are apologies and I am always given a "ticket" for my issues that are to be taken to a higher level of customer service... Like What does that even mean??.. As many "Tickets" I've been given, I should be speaking with the owner... I am still waiting on an answer as to when I am getting my money back.

Hey Paul!

I'm sorry to hear you had an issue with your latest order with us. After reading your issues regarding the refund, that is standard practice. It takes time for us to get the item, then it takes time for us to inspect the item since we have hundreds of returns every day and then when the refund is issued the standard processing time is 3-5 business days. Please feel free to send us a private message if you have any more questions or concerns.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: June 11, 2021

Newegg used to be the go to first stop for anything I needed relating to a computer. They always had great prices, a good website, good products, and were extremely reliable. Today, I would just stay away. Prices aren't really that great anymore, website is so so in todays standards, products can be gotten anywhere now, and to top it off, they now allow scammers who have ripped off dozens of people to continue to sell on their site. If you want to get a good deal and make sure what you bought actually shows up reliably, stay away from Newegg.

Hey Nicholas!

I'm sorry to hear your feelings about us have changed but please feel free to send us a private message if you have any more feedback for us, we are always looking to better ourselves as a whole.

Frank [Newegg support]

Original review: May 28, 2021

The monitor I bought only lasted 1 week, then the power didn't work. But they refuse replacement because I don't have original box. So I lost 140 dollar. I don't understand why I can't use the replacement box or other box. first, the quality of Newegg is not good, and second their service is bad. So, don't buy from them.

Hey there!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you had with your last order. Can you please send us a private message with your order details so we can check into this matter further for you?

Renee [Newegg support]

Original review: May 25, 2021

Ordered iPhone X for $400. It was listed as a B condition but battery was only 76% chargeable. Apple says to change it below 80%. I returned it and got hit with $59 restocking fee and $13 shipping fee. I wIll not buy anything from them again. I with stay with Gazelle from now on.

Natalie [Newegg support]

Original review: May 16, 2021

I have placed several honest reviews of the sellers on Newegg and they never get posted. Proof of this is most marketplace sellers show 5 stars with 1 review, but when you try to read the review "no reviews" is the response. I canceled an order before it was shipped due to the lack of response to questions. I canceled the order at 8:00 AM and Anarn ignored my request and shipped it anyway. Then stated they could not cancel due to it being already shipped. The tracking number on Newegg's website and the DHL tracking site both state the item has not shipped yet. Newegg has lost my business due to no making marketplace sellers have any customer service or standards.

Hey there!

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you had with your last order. Can you please send us a private message with your order details and we will take a look into this for you.

Frank [Newegg support]

Original review: May 14, 2021

Spent 5,600 dollars on a PC from their website. I look back at my order to find out it’s going to an address in California I have never lived at. Spoke with customer service, they could not adjust the address and had to refund me so I could reorder it. This was on a Thursday. They didn’t even actually apply the refund till the next Monday. Had to wait for it. Got the refund. Tried to purchase it again. Told me payment was declined. Even though it is now processing out of my bank account. Newegg customer service told me it’s not, and I had to speak to my bank. My bank had to cancel the payment because it was going through. And now they have sold the computer I spent 5,600 dollars on over a week ago. And I’m still waiting on a 2nd refund now. Absolutely utter trash customer service. The most insane purchasing experience I have ever had. You’d think when you are giving someone 5,600 dollars for a product that they would be a little more assistive.

Hello Rory,

Allow me to apologize for this entire situation. Please know it is never our intention to offer our customers anything less than a stellar experience from start to end. I am truly sorry that this has been anything less than stellar. We most definitely do take any and all feedback and criticism wholeheartedly if you like me to take a further look into this please send us a private message with your order details.

Renee [Newegg Support]

Original review: April 28, 2021

I bought a limited edition PC case that had a dead USB port when it arrived. I reached out to them before returning it to make sure I could get a replacement before sending it back as I really wanted the case and it was hard to find. After sending proof of the issue, I was told to return for a replacement. After they received it they changed my order to to refund only due to lack of stock.

When I sent them the first message and proof of the issue originally the item was in stock and I even have an email stating it was back in stock about 30 min before I sent the message and RMA request. So they sold all of those, knowing one was on the way for replacement. Once I saw the email about the refund instead of replacement, I contacted support (about an hour after the email). I stated that I was told I would be getting a replacement, like I'd asked, and now it was giving a refund. I was not given the option to keep the damaged case or told that stock was low and I may get a refund if they run out. I just asked if I could get the broken one back (it was just a dead USB so manageable) and they said they could do nothing as the RMA was closed (It had only been an hour or so since I was notified) and they could not do anything else.

Hello there Gary,

we are truly sorry for the experience you have encountered with our return process. Please send us a private message with your RMA number so we can further look into this for you.

Renee[Newegg Support]

Original review: April 27, 2021

Purchased a desktop nearly $5K in value after taxes and fees. Product did not arrive after 2 days into original ETA with no updates on tracking, so I made initial inquiry which led to a claim.

No response from Newegg whatsoever. After a few days, I contacted CS again and was told my "claim was wrong" so that was cancelled and another claim was put in. Attendant kept telling me to be patient, dodged questions; only after prompting did he tell me that even if a replacement is sent the returns/replacement period will technically be counted from initial date of order - which was already 1/3 gone by this point. He did vaguely mention that I "should" receive support past that date, but that's just his word against a policy set in stone. I was recommended to cancel the order and re-purchase at some point within the consultation, which would have been interesting because it'd been out of stock for a solid week by then and still is to this day.

Product has been missing for +10 days at this point. Dead silence again with absolutely 0 follow-up, until the original product just appears on my doorstep 8 days later still with no update on tracking or any feedback from Newegg. 4 days later, I get an email asking if the product arrived and can the claim be cancelled. No explanation, apologies, let alone proper feedback. I responded to that email in detail with my situation thus far, and the response was that they're sorry and will refund shipping fees. $19.99. That's what, 0.4% of the total shipment value? I wasn't even asking for money, I wanted answers and even a vague hint that my time and money wasn't expended to have me be the butt of a joke. Guess I learned my lesson here, not to expect so much when paying your insignificant savings for stuff.

Hello there,

Please allow me to apologize for this entire situation. Please know it is never our intention to offer our customers anything less than a stellar experience from start to end. I am truly sorry that this has been anything less than stellar. We most definitely do take any and all feedback and criticism wholeheartedly. If you're still in need of further assistance feel free to send us a private message with any order details related.

Thank you.

Renee[Newegg Support]

Original review: April 16, 2021

PC didn't last a week. PC didn't include certain things that was advertised (750w & Windows10) - I ended up paying extra money for a proper Windows10. Graphic card issue not displaying anything to my monitors. I can't even use the PC for work. Because of this, I'm now unable to work and pay bills. This product has already set me down a lot of money and Newegg can't seem to help me get a new pc. Only thing they can do is provide “faster shipping” to my address. Customer service said that there is no other option because “I don't want to spend extra money”. I will have to wait till the beginning of April for my refund. Waited a bit over 2 weeks for the pc to come in, pc doesn't last a week, another week of trying to get help and now I got to wait for a refund 7-10 business days. This was my first pc purchase and I thought Newegg took care of their customers.

Hi Mik,

I am so sorry to hear of the troubles you experienced with your order. Please send us a private message so we can check into this further for you.

Frank [Newegg Support]