Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.83/5
Based on 1,535 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Newegg.com Reviews

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

A little while back I ordered several parts for a gaming pc and all the parts I ordered came on time and in perfect condition. At one point I ordered a RX 570 and it came with a free gift that was 2 games and I noticed that in the order they had charged me 130 dollars for it. So I contacted Newegg and told them and they said they charged me for it and deducted the price from the graphics card. Overall if you're going to order from an online store either here or Amazon is your best bet.

Hello Osa,

Thank you so much for providing me with this positive review. I am so glad to hear that you were able to receive your package fast to your home and that our Customer Service team was able to inform you about our split order process. If you require any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send us a Private Message. We're here to help!

Kindly,

Hutch

[Newegg Support]

Original review: July 3, 2019

I never have a problem with anything I've ordered from this site. This experience was no different. :) My go-to for anything to do with computers and/or gaming PC needs. I ordered a prebuilt CyberPowerPC gaming PC that was an open box product. Everything was perfect!

Newegg.com response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us Jen! We truly appreciate your kind words and positive feedback.

Louis [Newegg Support]

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: June 7, 2019

I ordered a small drink refrigerator for the office. Our receptionist declined the delivery because they would not bring it to our floor in the building. I had to call and have them redeliver. I had the item in my hands two days later. They were super responsive. Will use them again based on this customer service.

Hello Lora,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this 5-star review. I am happy we were able to accommodate you and make your shopping experience as effortless as possible. That is what we strive to do.

If you need further assistance and have additional questions, or concerns, feel free to reach out.

Kindly,

Derek [Newegg Support]

Original review: April 12, 2019

So I wanted to buy some parts on Newegg, and to be smart I wanted to do some research on them before buying them. I did not want to just read the user reviews and then blindly make a decision based on that. So I found a motherboard that interested me (ASUS TUF B350M-Plus Gaming), and wanted to try the Ryzen 5 2400G CPU with it for the onboard Vega Graphics. I did see one review about this, but that did not matter because ASUS told me that if the part number on the sticker on the actual motherboard had the last 4 digits of 3203 or higher, that it would work out-of-box with the Ryzen 5 2400G CPU. My daughter had just bought this motherboard from Fry's, and it did in fact have 3803 as the last 4 digits of that number. However, that number could be different based on when Newegg received shipment, or when Newegg distributors received shipment.

So I wanted to be safe and ask them if they could check that for me. Well NONE of them, not Newegg, and not the distributors wanted to cooperate with me. They all told me they did not have access to the product, that it is shipped directly from ASUS distribution centers to the consumers. ASUS completely negated that statement though, saying the distributors buy stock at various times during the cycle of a product and keep them in a warehouse for shipment. Because this motherboard was manufactured in 2017/2018, there is no telling what the part number would be.

When we buy products from Newegg, or their distributors, we get a box that says Newegg on it with either a Newegg mailing address, or one of the distributor's addresses, not an ASUS box, and not an ASUS address. If that number isn't at least 3203, then the motherboard will not boot, and will require RMA, and or a "Boot Kit" from AMD. So I did not buy this motherboard, and chose to get the newer version of the motherboard, which is essentially the exact same thing, but newer (ASUS TUF B450M-Plus Gaming), which comes with Ryzen 5 2400G support out-of-box.

So to sum up this review, and not be super critical of Newegg, because they are a good company. I am just suggesting that they should list actual part numbers for all products, and not just a model phrase EG: ASUS TUF B350M-Plus Gaming (which is NOT a part number). If they just had actual part numbers, people could do thorough research before buying and avoid RMA!

Here is the link to the part: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP6FJ2509&Description=asus%20tuf%20b350m-plus%20gaming&cm_re=asus_tuf_b350m-plus_gaming-_-13-119-030-_-Product. Notice in the description it has support for the Ryzen CPU I was asking about? But they don't tell you that the BIOS revision has to be at least 3203, and they don't tell you that if it isn't already that number or higher, that the board will NOT boot! I'm still giving 4 Stars to Newegg, to be fair, because they are a good company, and this problem isn't entirely on their shoulders. The distributors and ASUS should be providing consumers with actual part numbers!

Hi Jeff,

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had and the issues you had encountered with this motherboard. I am however pleased to hear that you did receive the response you were looking for in the end. Should you have any more concerns or feedback please send us a private message.

Hutch [Newegg Support]

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

On December 5th I was researching ASUS monitors to upgrade from my current one. I was pulled into their website based on an advertised range of $40-250 price range on what I was looking for. I purchased the monitor for $42 dollars and two days later received email that it was being cancelled due to a price error. Seems more like a calculated risk due to the shopping season and false advertising would bring in additional customers to their website. They were nice enough to give a 5 dollar gift card that I have 90 days to use at their website.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Ordered a 3 terabyte hard drive from NewEgg (third party vendor goHardDrive). Received a hard drive with a 3 terabyte label on it. The drive was an 800 gigabyte drive. _With an incorrect label on it._ Does NewEgg think its customers are stupid? I can't remember being so flagrantly and obviously cheated in years. Will never order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I have always been purchasing computers and laptops through Amazon. Which was and still a great experience. I found a good deal on Newegg and liked that international shipping is 1-3 business days. That's what you see when you choose the shipping method (fake don't fall for that). I made the order for a laptop. Waited 3 to 4 days for it to get shipped. Then when it reached my country on UPS tracking. Showed that there are issues. So called UPS and they told me that newegg asked them to return the item back. So I was like fine. But I need to contact newegg to issue me full refund.

I was surprised that they told me that I need to wait until the package is back to newegg. for them to issue the refund. I never got the item. It wasn't a return I made. They intercepted the shipment and asked ups to return it back to them for a reason I don't know about yet. Anyways after 2 weeks of trying to get my refund. I failed as they were refusing to issue refund. Lucky me I made the payment through PAYPAL. I started a dispute for a full refund. And 2 days later paypal refunded me full amount I paid. Conclusion: Don't buy from Newegg especially if you arent in the USA. International service is really bad. Just stick to other well known online stores.

Hello,

I do want to apologize for the trouble you had with receiving your shipment from us. Can you please send us a private message with your order information so that we can further look into this for you?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Ordered an item 11-2-2019, paid for 3 day shipping to be delivered 12-06-2019 as it was after 3pm when I placed the order, they held order for 2 days before shipping, now it won't get here for 7 days from date order was placed. Called in and they did not care at all, acted like it was no big deal. Offered to refund my 1.99 shipping since I am a premier customer and that was all. Complete waste. No wonder I have been shopping Amazon!

Hi Lucas,

I do want to apologize for the shipping delay you experienced. Would you mind sending us a private message with your order information so that we can take a further look into that for you?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I ordered a computer from Newegg. There were issues with my shipping address, that's fine. When I put in a new card and then Newegg splits my charge without verifying this with me. Overdrafted my account, and then they refused to simply move the charge to my new card.

Hi Phil,

I am sorry for the issue you had with your recent order from us. Would you be able to send us a private message with your order information so we can take a further look into this for you?

Louis [Newegg Support]

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I purchased a digital download game as a gift. The recipient afterward told me it was for a different platform. I requested an exchange for the version I needed, or failing that, store credit from Newegg. But I was told nope sorry, and was offered a $5 gift card for my trouble. I understand their policy is no refund or returns, but I was simply looking for an exchange for a compatible version, or at the least a store credit for the amount paid. As it stands, I just threw away $50 on a game neither I nor the gift recipient can use.

Hi Christopher,

I do want to apologize for the predicament that you are in. Sadly, with the item being a digital item, Newegg does not accept or offer returns of any kind for these items. This would include an exchange option, which is something we also do not offer. I am sorry once again for the inconvenience this has caused. If there is anything further we can possibly look into for you, please let us know.

Newegg.com Company Information