2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.38/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Newegg.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

So, I originally ordered a Lian Li fan controller which had only 1 picture and no description on the site. When I received it, it turned out to be a LED fan controller that has a 6-pin plug. I have a lian li case that neither the fan power nor the fan led can plug into that, and it was not mentioned on the site. After spending an awfully long time waiting for support (I ended up falling asleep the first time I called waiting for about 30 minutes with a quoted time of 6-14 minutes, and the second time was answered in a short 6 or so minutes), I was greeted by a customer service agent named Loretta. She was EXTREMELY helpful, worked through the issue with me, and also noticed the fact that there is no description or anything on the website. After explaining my issue, she was kind and understanding and managed to work something out. Very good experience, and I recommend her!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Whenever you buy a refurbished product, there is always the risk that you will end up with a lemon. Not necessarily the fault of the reseller, just really the risk you take when buying secondhand product. I recently purchased a very affordably priced refurbished laptop through Newegg. Three months in, the laptop randomly broke. Newegg could not have handled it better. They were very responsive and, ultimately, I was able to keep my hard drive and was sent a replacement laptop within the week. Now, I'm up and running again with minimal inconvenience on my end. I am so happy that I chose to buy this laptop through Newegg! Given this does depend on the vendor at the other end of the purchase. In my case it was EPC. They rock!

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

When building my first gaming PC I bought all my parts from their website. While building my computer I realized I didn't buy a fan for my CPU!!!! Guess what??? Their representative told me to wait one moment. When they got back on the line they told me they would be sending me a FREE CPU fan worth $30-$35 value! My mind was blown and turned me into a lifelong buyer and advocate of their company. They knew I was a first time PC builder and someone, somewhere felt for my misunderstanding of PC components as a new PC enthusiast and ended up sending a great cooler that has lasted me 2 years. Words cant describe how great this company has treated me and they have killer black Friday deals! Turned me into a life longer fan and advocate just for this one act of kindness!! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART TO WHOEVER HELPED ME DURING THAT TIME.

Hi Ron,

Thanks so much for sharing your positive experience with us! We're so happy to hear we were able to help you out on your build!

Louis [Newegg Support]

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Shipping was very fast. I was afraid I wouldn’t receive my items before Christmas and it came in 3 days. I knew I was gambling with time by ordering so late but I called customer service and they made sure to get it on time.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

After purchasing the parts for a computer and having someone experienced try to put it together, we found out the motherboard was defective. I sent it in to be replaced and waited 18 days just for the company to accuse me of damaging it and refusing my replacement. Then to boot, the “damage” they were speaking of didn’t exist when I sent it off. They claimed it was a damaged CPU contact pin strictly based on there being evidence of thermal paste and nothing else. No detail besides the thermal paste.

So they recommended for me to talk it over with the manufacturer and said they were sending the part back. But when I asked where the motherboard was and how long it would be before I could get it back, all they could tell me was it was somewhere in their returns warehouse and that it SHOULD get back to me in a couple of days to a week. So after 18 days of waiting, “damaged”, defective, or not, I’m out of a motherboard and my money and my product is lost in a warehouse. Buyer beware.

Hello Jessica,

We are so sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with your returned product. Please allow our team to further look into this for you by sending us a private message with your order details.

Ilene [Newegg Support]

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Ordered a 3K gaming desktop only to have it arrive missing a hard drive. Newegg couldn't care less, told to contact manufacturers, who in turn wouldn't help. So they will basically rob you and not make any attempt to help resolve the issue and definitely don't stand by what they sell. There are plenty of other places that sell computers, avoid Newegg, they are terrible people and very overrated.

Hey Jordan!

I'm sorry to hear you had some issues with your most recent order. I will gladly take a look into this for you. Can you please send us a private message with your order details.

Frank [Newegg support]

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

A dishonest company to say the least. I ordered a PC with overnight shipping so I could game with a family member over the weekend. Newegg (this was their own product, not a third-party) sent me a brick that could've been determined to be a brick if they had turned the power on for longer than 10 second. When I asked for a replacement, they told me it would be 2-5 business days before they could begin the claim, and then another 2-5 business days before they could ship out a replacement unit. So roughly two weeks before I could get a working unit. I said that was not acceptable since I paid for the overnight shipping and asked for all of my money back including shipping.

The representative said they could not do that, so I requested a supervisor. The supervisor said they would refund me the shipping since they shipped a faulty unit, but could not refund me the shipping cost until the return had been complete, and that I was to contact her at that time and she would complete the refund of the shipping costs. It took three weeks for the return to be completed! At that point, I asked the supervisor to follow through with our agreement and refund me the shipping costs. After three emails over a period of two weeks, she has yet to respond. Do not trust this company, if anything goes wrong with your purchase they will not follow through with whatever reassurances they give you.

Hello J,

We are so sorry to hear about your recent experience with your return as well as our customer service. Please allow us to further look into this for you by sending us a message with your order details.

Ilene [Newegg Support]

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

The products I received from Newegg were as expected, this review is about the ordering, shipping, and customer service experience I encountered. This was the worst customer experience I've had in a long time. It was so bad, that I returned every order I had placed (over $1k IT equipment) because I refuse to give this company my business anymore. As a company founder and technology professional, I will also advocate to refusing or revoking any Newegg Business accounts in my future dealings.

The short of what happened is: I placed a next-day shipping order and it was late (not next day.) Newegg is deceptive about next day shipping, and when I complained and even offered a modest compromise that would satisfy me as a customer, they refused and continued to deny their purchasing experience shortcomings.

The long of it: Newegg advertises overnight shipping, and even tell you when checking out that the estimated arrival time will be next day. This, however, is not possible. It's not possible by the admission of their support staff who stated, "... it's not guaranteed that is why we do mention that we do require 1-2 business days for processing before the order ships out."

If you place ANYTHING in your Newegg online shopping cart, and start the checkout process, there will be an option for next-day/overnight shipping with an estimated arrival time of the next business day. Why does Newegg suggest that it's possible for a product to arrive next-day, when it won't even leave the warehouse until the next business day? I have documented screenshots that it sat in the warehouse a full day before being picked up.

I'm not the only one having these issues. A cursor search on Twitter reveals others also having the exact same complaints, with generic responses from @NeweggSupport asking them to contact support. So in essence, yes, you "technically" can get overnight delivery... after the product actually leaves the warehouse, which will be anywhere from 0 to 3 (in almost every case at least +1) business days later.

I feel like this is patently deceptive, and borderline bait-and-switch, as overnight shipping is two times the cost of two-business-day shipping. I explained why this down-right deceptive and not a good customer experience, and I even offered to split the shipping difference of overnight and 2nd day shipping (a total of $30) as store credit, but the support manager held firm in her belief that Newegg did nothing wrong, and is not deceiving customers, and incredulously, that my OVERNIGHT order was "on time" even though it was already 2 business days later.

After that, I kindly requested RMAs for every order I placed, and shipped them back to Newegg the same day they arrived (at additional shipping cost to me, unfortunately.) If Newegg wants to be honest about their delivery expectations, they should list overnight shipping with an estimated arrival time of 1-4 business days (to account for their warehouse processing times) and not offer true next day delivery, which in all likelihood will never happen. I want to like Newegg, they used to be awesome. Now, not so much.

Hi Demetri,

We'd like to apologize for any shipping troubles you had with your most recent order from us. We're always looking for ways to improve on our customers experience and we're saddened to hear that you were not satisfied. Please know this information has been forwarded to the appropriate parties and if there is anything else we can look into for you, just let us know.

Louis [Newegg Support]

Resolution response: Sept. 26, 2020

Finally, someone was able to get the issue resolved and issue a full refund. Glad that the customer service stepped up and resolved my issues.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

Ordered the item on 08/29. Item was promptly marked as shipped, even though the item actually did not ship until a few days later. Originally scheduled to arrive on 09/04. On 09/03 midnight, delivery magically changes to 09/08 and item is finally delivered on 09/08 late evening. Reading horror stories about Newegg, I check the items immediately and to make matters worse, one of the items, valued at $99.00 is not working. I try to request a refund and the refund value is displayed as $16.00!!! So I guess I'll rather stick with the defective piece rather than to get $16 back for something that I paid $100 for. The items were delivered on 09/08 (today), validation done by me within 2 hours of delivery and now the refund value is $16.00. Is this a joke? Also, the return period of the item is 30 days. The item was delivered on 09/08 and the return period says 20 days more! Where did the 10 days magically disappear?

Hello there,

We are truly saddened to hear of your experience with this order. Please send us a message with your order number so we can look into this order further for you.

Natalie [Newegg Support]

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I ordered a computer fan/heatsink, waited a very long time, and when it arrived the wrong item was shipped. It was VERY obvious that this IS NOT the same item ordered. I contacted them and was asked "How do you know it's not the same item?" - and - I was required to pay for the return shipping. So let's get this straight: I order a product, the wrong product is sent, and I have to pay to return your mistake. Maybe there is another - GIANT - online seller that sells prime things that despite their somewhat, at times "questionable" business practices: at least they own up to their mistakes. Will I get a refund? I don't know, I don't trust them to send me one despite me send the product back the day I received it. And, I don't care: NewEgg is dead to me and this review is the last I will think of them. R.I.P.

Hello there,

We are truly saddened to hear of your experience with us and receiving the incorrect item. Please send us a message with your order number so we can look into your order further for you.

Natalie [Newegg Support]