2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.21/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Newegg.com Reviews

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Whenever you buy a refurbished product, there is always the risk that you will end up with a lemon. Not necessarily the fault of the reseller, just really the risk you take when buying secondhand product. I recently purchased a very affordably priced refurbished laptop through Newegg. Three months in, the laptop randomly broke. Newegg could not have handled it better. They were very responsive and, ultimately, I was able to keep my hard drive and was sent a replacement laptop within the week. Now, I'm up and running again with minimal inconvenience on my end. I am so happy that I chose to buy this laptop through Newegg! Given this does depend on the vendor at the other end of the purchase. In my case it was EPC. They rock!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

When building my first gaming PC I bought all my parts from their website. While building my computer I realized I didn't buy a fan for my CPU!!!! Guess what??? Their representative told me to wait one moment. When they got back on the line they told me they would be sending me a FREE CPU fan worth $30-$35 value! My mind was blown and turned me into a lifelong buyer and advocate of their company. They knew I was a first time PC builder and someone, somewhere felt for my misunderstanding of PC components as a new PC enthusiast and ended up sending a great cooler that has lasted me 2 years. Words cant describe how great this company has treated me and they have killer black Friday deals! Turned me into a life longer fan and advocate just for this one act of kindness!! THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART TO WHOEVER HELPED ME DURING THAT TIME.

Hi Ron,

Thanks so much for sharing your positive experience with us! We're so happy to hear we were able to help you out on your build!

Louis [Newegg Support]

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

A little while back I ordered several parts for a gaming pc and all the parts I ordered came on time and in perfect condition. At one point I ordered a RX 570 and it came with a free gift that was 2 games and I noticed that in the order they had charged me 130 dollars for it. So I contacted Newegg and told them and they said they charged me for it and deducted the price from the graphics card. Overall if you're going to order from an online store either here or Amazon is your best bet.

Hello Osa,

Thank you so much for providing me with this positive review. I am so glad to hear that you were able to receive your package fast to your home and that our Customer Service team was able to inform you about our split order process. If you require any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send us a Private Message. We're here to help!

Kindly,

Hutch

[Newegg Support]

Original review: July 3, 2019

I never have a problem with anything I've ordered from this site. This experience was no different. :) My go-to for anything to do with computers and/or gaming PC needs. I ordered a prebuilt CyberPowerPC gaming PC that was an open box product. Everything was perfect!

Newegg.com response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us Jen! We truly appreciate your kind words and positive feedback.

Louis [Newegg Support]

Original review: June 7, 2019

I ordered a small drink refrigerator for the office. Our receptionist declined the delivery because they would not bring it to our floor in the building. I had to call and have them redeliver. I had the item in my hands two days later. They were super responsive. Will use them again based on this customer service.

Hello Lora,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this 5-star review. I am happy we were able to accommodate you and make your shopping experience as effortless as possible. That is what we strive to do.

If you need further assistance and have additional questions, or concerns, feel free to reach out.

Kindly,

Derek [Newegg Support]

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: May 27, 2020

I was charged double on my latest order from Newegg, causing my credit card to go over its limit. One charge was cleared, but the other was listed as pending. After waiting about 5 days with no change I decided to contact customer support. I asked if they would be able to do anything about the double charge, to which they denied even seeing a double charge. I then asked how long the pending charge would take to clear, as I was unable to even use my credit card during this time period. I never got an answer to this and gave up as they were seemingly giving me no straight answers to my questions.

After 7 entire days of being unable to use my credit card, the pending charge was finally dropped. I have lost all trust for newegg with my money and will no longer be purchasing from them in the future. Be aware, if you have any problems with your order you'll be facing terrible customer support, and possible issues with double charging cards.

Hi Rod,

I do apologize about this issue you had regarding that pending charge. Our team was able to confirm there was no double charge and while I am glad to hear it did drop, I'm saddened to hear you feel this way.

If there's anything we can do to try and turn this around for you, feel free to message me your request. We'll do our best to work this out with you.

Resolution response: May 26, 2020

The company located my package within 24hrs, the shipping cost was refunded as a courtesy and I will continue shopping at Newegg.com in the future.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Placed order, shipping label created, Newegg never sent package. Confirmed UPS never received. Newegg claims a 5 minute UPS phone call will take 10 business days to “investigate”. This is consumer THEFT.

Hello Chris,

I do apologize for any trouble you have gone through with your recent order from Newegg. Please send us a message so we can take a second look into this for you.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I purchased a generator for a good price, but entered wrong street address. Two days later when I noticed the error, I contacted Newegg. Phone wait time was 1.5 hours, so instead I chatted. The customer service was very nice and said they would correct the error. A week later, just one day before delivery, I notice the address was still wrong. I called UPS, but they stated only sender could change the address. I then called Newegg, waited 35 minutes before being connected, and was told they would not call UPS to correct. Stated policy was to wait for the item to be returned, then credit my account. This should take 3-4 weeks. They then advised me to reorder.

I explained the price is now $80 higher and would they honor for the lower price. They respond NO. I argued if I was told this during my first call when the price was lower, I could have repurchased then. What a bad experience. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told they would contact me. Call never came. BAD, BAD SERVICE. Do not use this company. This could happen to you.

Hello Peter,

I do want to apologize for the trouble you had gone through with your recent Newegg order. I'd like to take a second look into this matter for you and ask you please message us with your order number.

Louis [Newegg Support]

Original review: May 21, 2020

Such a poor experience. I work in IT and specifically in the customer service area. I will be sure to share my experience with as many fellow IT people as possible. I purchased a TV. It arrived 2 weeks later with a smashed screen. After waiting forever on the phone I finally speak to someone who seems very friendly. They help me file a claim, but failed to explain the return process. I had to try and contact customer service multiple times to get a straight answer on how the return procedure works for "large scale items". Now that I know the processes, it's fairly simple, but it seems much more complicated from the emails and lack of communication.

Instead of a refund, I asked for an exchange, but the TV was out of stock and NewEgg informed me that they couldn't offer me a deal on another in-stock TV. I tried to buy the same TV again through their market place, but I had an issue with my NewEgg Credit Card, which I opened just to buy this TV. Once I was able to clear up the issue with the credit card, I asked NewEgg to now charge the card. They informed me that a glitch in their system wouldn't allow me to use that card and would have to supply another card. I explained that the only reason I opened the card was to buy a TV.

To use my card, I had to buy through newegg and not their market place. Since they no longer had the model I wanted in stock, the only option was to buy the next model up. This is a $500 difference, which they did offer me a $100 off coupon for. I wasn't happy about spending that much more, but I wanted to be able to use my NewEgg card since I has just opened.

Cut to 2 weeks later, the new (more expensive) TV arrives. I unbox it -- it's defective! 4 inch black strip down the left side of the screen. I call again to file yet another claim. Again the customer service rep seemed very friendly, but all they could do is offer me $100 off another TV purchase. I asked for my case to be escalated. I asked them to offer me the new model of the TV at the same, more expensive, price. They refused and would only offer me $100 for my troubles.

It's now been almost 6 weeks - I have no TV and $1,000's of dollars on the NewEgg credit card that's waiting to be refunded. Also -- I hadn't heard back from the shipping company about picking up the broken TVs, even though NewEgg emailed me and said the shipping company tried to call me.. I called the shipping company today to try and clear things up. Now I'm waiting to hear back. I really hope these TVs are picked up soon and my money is refunded. Ultimately I didn't feel as though they cared much about their customers. Their shipping isn't horrible, but it could use some more transparency into the process.

Hello Andrew,

I am so sorry to hear about your issues with your Newegg order. We always strive to provide an effortless and smooth shopping experience. If you are still in need of assistance feel free to message us with your order details so we can take a second look into this for you.

Louis [Newegg Support]

Original review: May 18, 2020

I have purchased from these folks many times over the past few years and always been completely satisfied. Ordered a webcam recently without carefully looking into the supplier and now am out the cost and unable to get any response from Newegg. They seem to have transitioned to a system of providers who are in China. Many of whom do not live up to the sales but take your money and go. This order forwarded an tracking number that is bogus and untrackable even on China Post. No more Newegg for me.

Hi Jeremy,

I do want to apologize if you have not received proper assistance from one of our sellers or our representatives. I'd be more than happy to look further into this for you. Feel free to message me your order number if you were still in need of assistance.

Newegg.com Company Information