Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.86/5
Based on 1,591 ratings submitted in the last year

Newegg.com Reviews

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

A little while back I ordered several parts for a gaming pc and all the parts I ordered came on time and in perfect condition. At one point I ordered a RX 570 and it came with a free gift that was 2 games and I noticed that in the order they had charged me 130 dollars for it. So I contacted Newegg and told them and they said they charged me for it and deducted the price from the graphics card. Overall if you're going to order from an online store either here or Amazon is your best bet.

Hello Osa,

Thank you so much for providing me with this positive review. I am so glad to hear that you were able to receive your package fast to your home and that our Customer Service team was able to inform you about our split order process. If you require any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send us a Private Message. We're here to help!

Kindly,

Hutch

[Newegg Support]

Original review: June 7, 2019

I ordered a small drink refrigerator for the office. Our receptionist declined the delivery because they would not bring it to our floor in the building. I had to call and have them redeliver. I had the item in my hands two days later. They were super responsive. Will use them again based on this customer service.

Hello Lora,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this 5-star review. I am happy we were able to accommodate you and make your shopping experience as effortless as possible. That is what we strive to do.

If you need further assistance and have additional questions, or concerns, feel free to reach out.

Kindly,

Derek [Newegg Support]

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2019

So I wanted to buy some parts on Newegg, and to be smart I wanted to do some research on them before buying them. I did not want to just read the user reviews and then blindly make a decision based on that. So I found a motherboard that interested me (ASUS TUF B350M-Plus Gaming), and wanted to try the Ryzen 5 2400G CPU with it for the onboard Vega Graphics. I did see one review about this, but that did not matter because ASUS told me that if the part number on the sticker on the actual motherboard had the last 4 digits of 3203 or higher, that it would work out-of-box with the Ryzen 5 2400G CPU. My daughter had just bought this motherboard from Fry's, and it did in fact have 3803 as the last 4 digits of that number. However, that number could be different based on when Newegg received shipment, or when Newegg distributors received shipment.

So I wanted to be safe and ask them if they could check that for me. Well NONE of them, not Newegg, and not the distributors wanted to cooperate with me. They all told me they did not have access to the product, that it is shipped directly from ASUS distribution centers to the consumers. ASUS completely negated that statement though, saying the distributors buy stock at various times during the cycle of a product and keep them in a warehouse for shipment. Because this motherboard was manufactured in 2017/2018, there is no telling what the part number would be.

When we buy products from Newegg, or their distributors, we get a box that says Newegg on it with either a Newegg mailing address, or one of the distributor's addresses, not an ASUS box, and not an ASUS address. If that number isn't at least 3203, then the motherboard will not boot, and will require RMA, and or a "Boot Kit" from AMD. So I did not buy this motherboard, and chose to get the newer version of the motherboard, which is essentially the exact same thing, but newer (ASUS TUF B450M-Plus Gaming), which comes with Ryzen 5 2400G support out-of-box.

So to sum up this review, and not be super critical of Newegg, because they are a good company. I am just suggesting that they should list actual part numbers for all products, and not just a model phrase EG: ASUS TUF B350M-Plus Gaming (which is NOT a part number). If they just had actual part numbers, people could do thorough research before buying and avoid RMA!

Here is the link to the part: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP6FJ2509&Description=asus%20tuf%20b350m-plus%20gaming&cm_re=asus_tuf_b350m-plus_gaming-_-13-119-030-_-Product. Notice in the description it has support for the Ryzen CPU I was asking about? But they don't tell you that the BIOS revision has to be at least 3203, and they don't tell you that if it isn't already that number or higher, that the board will NOT boot! I'm still giving 4 Stars to Newegg, to be fair, because they are a good company, and this problem isn't entirely on their shoulders. The distributors and ASUS should be providing consumers with actual part numbers!

Hi Jeff,

I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had and the issues you had encountered with this motherboard. I am however pleased to hear that you did receive the response you were looking for in the end. Should you have any more concerns or feedback please send us a private message.

Hutch [Newegg Support]

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We were about to cancel our order due to the negative reviews of Newegg. Our experience was the best. Items arrived in just 7 days. Free shipping, packaging from manufacturer intact and no hassle. The price was the best in the market. (Other sellers asking almost twice as much for.) Item: 2 sewing machines of top quality!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Found an amazing deal on the red KitchenAid mixer on Newegg. Usually sells for $220 +++. It was priced the same as the white mixer and Brand new NOT refurbished. I was concerned based on others reviews so I reached out to chat with their customer service! As stated there was a long queue (I was 38) but as I watched it count down into the 20 ’s, all the sudden I was connected to a customer rep. My product shipped the next business day and was delivered in 2 days! And it is brand new and perfect. Hope they keep up the good work!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Newegg.com?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I made a purchase through NewEgg from a third party vendor. The product was received and returned within 30 days. The third party vendor kept using stall tactics to not return payment. NewEgg perpetuated the third parties stall by continuing to mandate they have more time. After months of back and forth I filled a claim with my credit card. Now NewEgg had suspended my account after I followed their process in frustration for months not their mandated seven to ten business days.

Hello Michael,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with one of our Marketplace vendors. I'd like to double check on this for you and ask you please send us a private message with your order information so we can see what is going on.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

The laptop arrived quickly and in good physical condition. It worked fine with the AC power supply, but would not with the battery only. It seemed either to think the battery was installed and at 100%, or didn't recognize that a battery was installed at all. I contacted the seller ("Savings Depot") by email and never received a response back. I left a 2-star review of the product similar to this one, but unfortunately this particular vendor apparently had no more of this particular laptop, so the review went into the void - kinda nullifies the usefulness of the rating process. Because of this systemic weakness in Newegg's rating process (and the seeming general lack of customer service - look how many issues are, uh, "resolved" on this website...), I'll be avoiding Newegg for future purchases.

Hi Mark,

I do want to apologize for your laptop from one of our Marketplace sellers that is not functioning properly. I'd like to take a second look at this order and ask you please send us a private message with your order details at your earliest convenience.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

This place, in my opinion has gone to hell. Order from Amazon folks! I placed an order for a new business laptop, the order was processed, confirmed, I was sent an invoice, my credit card was charged and I got a notification of shipment including the day, time, and place the order was shipped from. Then, the next day, I get a notice saying that in fact the item was not in stock and that my order was "RMA'd". When I looked at the RMA, the reason given was that I no longer needed it; which was false --- I had nothing to do with this.

I complained to NewEgg and they didn't seem to give a damn about this and from what I gathered consider it totally normal. They processed the "RMA" and I got another invoice showing a credit; the web-site shows the credit and says the refund is complete. Then, after all of this, I look in my bank account and I was charged for the order --- note this was AFTER the RMA was supposedly processed. Again, I get hold of NewEgg and they have no idea why this was; that's just the way things work I guess.

So, I am out $800, for which I now need to dispute the credit card transaction, NewEgg doesn't know why they took $800 out of my bank account and I have no laptop. Not surprisingly, the laptop I ordered turned up listed for almost $200 more than the price I had ordered it at. So we call this a bait and switch me-thinks. I think they are crooks and i say this after being a customer for many years. Beware.

Hello Jim,

I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience. Please send me a private message with your sales order information and I will look into this matter further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rudy [Newegg Support]

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

My computer motherboard recently died so I decided to get a new on Newegg.com. I have used this website several times for the last 15 years and I felt they were reliable so instead of getting it cheaper somewhere else I decided to use them. I went ahead and ordered the product on my phone, since my computer is not working, using my account. After I placed the order I realized I had not updated the shipping or billing address. Not only did the payment still go through, but the product was being shipped to an address I had not lived at in 7 years.

I was aware that this was my fault but figured it should be a rather easy issue to resolve. I called Newegg.com customer service and after speaking to someone was told that they could not change the shipping address, though I had just placed the order moments ago, and that all they could do for me was cancel the order and the money would be returned. That was ok with me and I decided to wait for the refund.

A couple days later, I noticed several emails informing me that the cancelation had not been successful. I immediately called customer service again, this time to be informed that they could no longer cancel the order, they did not know why it was not able to be canceled, and that all they could do was call UPS and have it shipped back to them. They also said once they received the package back, they would refund the money. I waited several weeks and had not received the refund.

I called again today to be told the package was delivered, that they could not give me a refund, and that I would have to call my bank to have the money returned to me. I called them once more because I was so frustrated and disappointed with their service that I will never use their website again and they were not able to do anything but tell me there is nothing they can do. I never write online reviews but this whole debacle was so frustrating to me I had to write something in hope they would see it and at the very least do something about their system.

Hello David,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience regarding the cancellation of your order. Please send us a private message with your sales order information and we will look into this further. I hope to hear from you soon.

Rudy [Newegg Support]

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I purchased a new Asus laptop for grad school. It had issues from day 1. I contacted Newegg support who informed me that I cannot return the laptop because I don't have the original box. I had to send it into Asus for repair - which they replaced my motherboard. Have it back for a couple of weeks and now I can't get it to turn on. Call Asus and have to send it back in. Contact NewEgg and can't return because it's out of 30-days. Plus I don't have the original box, plus I sent it in for repairs so that would void my ability to return it anyway (wow super helpful add).

Basically no one can help - except "great news", I can send it in for repairs through Asus. In the past 2 months, I've barely been able to use my brand new laptop for grad school. I am extremely disappointed in NewEgg/Asus policies and will only buy Macs from now on. While I know this is an exception (as my Software Architect boyfriend loves Asus and NewEgg), I can't believe this is a real situation where a company will not refund a completely defective computer. I am stuck with an unreliable brand new laptop. Moral of the story - keep that stupid box. Real moral of the story (my version) - pay the 2 times cost to buy another mac.

Hello Megan,

I am so sorry to hear that you had issues with your ASUS laptop. As part of our return policy we do require the retail packaging and everything else that was included with the item at the time of purchase. Since the manufacturer has provided assistance and swapped out internal components, we no longer are able to accept the item for a return.

Newegg.com Company Information