U.S. Cellular

U.S. Cellular Reviews

3.7/5 (469 ratings)

About U.S. Cellular Reviews

U.S. Cellular Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Be aware that if you cancel service within 15 days, you will be billed for a full month of service anyway. Also, customer service was rude; almost challenging me to go to the B.B.B. about it. As with most such offers, you need to read all of the disclosures before signing. I had the service for 5 days before canceling. They charged me $60 for it.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Free phones for everyone!! Why are they allowed to flat out lie??? Free phones for everyone "to them" means, Requires smartphone purchase via 36 monthly installments!!!! How is that free? What a joke.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I've been with US Cellular for about 3 years now and I've never had my bill over $200 in my life. Even if I got a late fee, recently I've had to spend a ridiculous amount when my bill should only be $75. Also eligible for an upgrade, went to get a new phone and total came out to almost $400 which didn't make sense because I made sure to get the cheapest everything but just to switch the service to the new phone made it ridiculously high. It's definitely not worth it. The totals never add up to what their supposed to be. They'll drain you out of your money if you give them the chance.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

Terrific experience! Corina, who is the lady I seen, made the experience seamless for me. She was very polite and patient. The phone and service are excellent, I'm very happy this lady convinced me to switch. The other cell company I used had zero customer assistance, I'm 72 so customer service is very important to me. Thank you again! Such a great atmosphere also.

Original review: July 15, 2022

US Cellular is advertising a $29.00/month/line special. However what they don't tell you are all the fees they tack on to this plan. I have 2 of the $29.00 lines, 1 $39.00 line for some data, and 1 $70.00 line as my home internet. So in total should be $167.00 before taxes. In my budget I have found 15% to be the normal tax bracket in our area. Imagine my surprise when I open my bill and it is $224.00. $57.00 for taxes and fees a whopping 34%. When I called customer support they said that this bill was slightly higher as I had been prorated a couple of items on this bill and that the next bill would be lower. I asked what the next bill would be; they did their math and replied $216.00, still a remarkably high 29% for taxes and fees. Shopper beware calculate at least 30% taxes and fees on any UScellular plan you need to budget for.

Original review: July 8, 2022

Updated on 07/19/2022: How long do I wait to have that help and be published. I am without a working phone and have to pay a bill!!! I reached out for help and they hang up on me. I guess I will just wait. They are getting away with this. I am so disappointed.

Original: I became a US Cellular customer on May 26th 2021. I was lied to from the start. I live in an area that my old cell phone company did not work. I asked around and none of the neighbors had good cell service here so I went to US Cellular and was told I could get reception and internet. I spent a couple of hours there filling out paperwork and being lied to. I left without my phone number but it would be up and running real soon. Not!! My concerns when I was in were money, reception, and tech support because I am not tech smart. My bill would be affordable. Well almost 140.00 is not affordable. The phone is Galaxy S20 FE 5G. I had problems sending messages, I would lose my contacts. I spent time on the phone, I went in and was treated rude like it was my fault not the phones. Talking to tech support you have to have another phone. (I can't afford the one I am calling about.)

I finally had to borrow a friend's phone couple of months later because my phone was block. I could not use it and I had no way to get to the US Cellular store on Lossy Blvd in La Crosse Wis. They connected me to Samsung and that was a nightmare, I could not understand the fella. He was rude and hung up. That happen 3 times. So for a over a year I have just had to deal with it. I have struggled to pay the bill that was supposed to be about 100.00 (not). I applied for the ACP about August of 2021 and they did not accept it. I dealt with it and then I received an email from US Cellular saying I may qualify for the ACP program so I called. The lady was real nice but I had applied to an ACP program through Q Link and was sent a phone that did not work and then gave up on them.

The lady that was nice Denise was her name said she would send me a email with paperwork to release my ACP program from Q Link and apply it then to US Cellular. I gave her my Gmail address and she sent the benefit release paperwork, I opened it so my daughter could help me print it and my phone then was absolutely frying. I mean just went crazy and I could not use it. June 15th 2022. I went in and spent over 1 hour there to be told, "We will be closing at 6pm." I said I was staying till I could at least make phone calls. About 5:50pm the phone had some 4 square button I could use junk. I have chatted, called, chatted, called, they talk try to Please me with a new 700.00 800.00 phone.

I just want out of this contract but they hang up on me or I guess the phone does. I have dealt with this disrespect, constant data usage slow down, now I am here with a phone that is pure junk. I need a phone so now what? When I tell people my Phone company is US Cellular they disapprove with their experience or tell me a story of someone else's experience. So I am trying to post this and it will not take the US Cellular company in the box I may have wasted my time again. Oh I forgot the periods.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I don't normally write a review. However, this is the poorest customer service as I have ever experienced in my life & I have had phones over 20 years. Serious I have never been behind on a bill. Today I am 12 days late due to a discrepancy over a high phone bill over more than $50.00 additional. Now keep in mind, I have called them numerous times and keep getting the runaround. I know it is only $50 but I am tired of having money taken out because they said so and I'm upset about it being 12 days late and had to pay the full $ 398.00 to get it back on and that was part of the discrepancy. Of course, I got automated service so I had to pay full amount for restoral.

So as of today, I have decided to take my business elsewhere to T-Mobile. They will actually pay off your entire contract and for 4 phones, I will be paying $220.00 a month with my phones except replacing 1 new phone, so you go figure, pay normal bill of 355.00 for 4 lines or 220.00 for 4 phones with the exact same plan... I am not exaggerating one bit. Call T-Mobile and ask... Yes this is over $50.00 but also cutting my phone off of only 12 days!!! I have never been late whatsoever at all... Any US Cellular rep want to look up my plan/contract/bill, be my guest!!!

Original review: June 22, 2022

If you want a company that allows hacking of your devices with your phone and your contract signed internet then this is the company for you. I had phone service with this company and they did not care at all about my phone being hacked and my data being used up of upwards of 60 gigs. I even had proof and evidence of this yet it did me no good. They stated since I did not have a contract for the phone they could not look into it so I had to switch to AT&T for phone service. Ended up getting a internet router from U.S. Cellular like a dummy but I figured since I was going to be signing a contract I would not have the same issues that I encountered with the phone. They did state after all that If I had a contract they could look into stuff and help accordingly.

I received my brand new router and within the first week of having it someone had already hacked my router and used all of my data up. And keep in mind this data was suppose to last me a month but It didn't even last me a week!! Whoever had been hacking my router had used all of my data up. Us cellular stated they could not see anything on their end yet. What's funny is they were my ISP and I had a signed contract so how is that? Also gave them the IP address of a person that kept hacking my device and they would not even look into it and did not even care.

This company is atrocious and allows people to hack your devices and does not care if you are tied up in a contract or not. Was not even able to use my internet half the time and would call and let them know yet they still made me pay monthly even though I was having to hotspot off my AT&T phone because of their crappy routers and crappy internet. I would give 0 stars if I could. Unprofessional and unreliable. Also another thing when I mentioned that it seemed like someone within their company was allowing this sort of hacking on devices of mine and other people's devices as well they hung up on me which I thought was pretty funny because that told me everything I needed to know.

Original review: June 16, 2022

My phone had shut down and I couldn't even turn it on. Other employees told me I would have to take my phone to a place that works on phones because they wouldn't be able to transfer any of my pictures or contacts. Samantha not only sold me a phone I was used to, she was able to turn on my phone and transferred everything over to the new phone. She was patient and explained everything to me and helped me put names on the front. She saved me from paying someone else to fix my phone. I am so grateful to her. She works at the US Cellular store by Rudy's Tacos on W Kimberly in Davenport. She's wonderful!!

Original review: June 11, 2022

US Cellular is a terrible company. The phone service sucks. The customer support sucks. They say “no surprises,” but that is a lie. They do not honor their deals or promotions. I will get an email from them advertising a deal at all stores, I go in, and the US cellular store will not honor the deal. I have had surprise charges, even when my usage has been normal. Customer service on the phone or through the internet is a waste of time. It is always better to go into the store.

U.S. Cellular author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

U.S. Cellular is one of the largest wireless carriers in the United States. It was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Chicago. The company offers traditional plans and no-contract, unlimited prepaid plans, called Simple Connect Plans, for basic phones and smartphones.

• Canada and Mexico: U.S. Cellular customers can make unlimited calls and send unlimited texts to individuals in Canada and Mexico for a single additional fee each month.

• Included features: All of U.S. Cellular’s Simple Connect Prepaid Plans come with several features, including three-way calling, call waiting and voicemail. Some plans also have caller ID.

• Refer-A-Friend: U.S. Cellular customers can earn up to $550 when they refer individuals who sign up for a U.S. Cellular prepaid plan or contract plan. Both the new and the existing customer receive $50.

• Plans: All Simple Connect Plans for smartphones come with unlimited talk and text. Consumers can decide how much high-speed data they want and choose a plan that provides more or less data, depending on their needs. Additional data is free but is not 4G LTE.

• Refill options: Customers can refill their minutes online, by phone, in person or by purchasing a refill card at major national retailers. Customers can also sign up for automatic refills.

U.S. Cellular Company Information