U.S. Cellular Reviews

U.S. Cellular
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.69/5

U.S. Cellular Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?

Original review: May 8, 2020

I've been a customer for several years and never have had issues with anything major. My only gripe is calling themselves US Cellular is a bit misleading as they are not located throughout the US. Prior to my purchase I was told Arkansas was covered but after my purchase Arkansas became a place I would roam consistently and constantly. Other than that they are great and always helpful.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I have used several providers, was unhappy with all of them. US Cellular is the only one that I've been satisfied with. The service is excellent, I walk into the store with a problem and it's solved, I call with a problem and it's solved, The price and plans are something I can afford. They are always friendly and helpful and the only one I have wanted to stay with.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2020

I have been with US Cellular for over 10 years, and have no intention of switching. They have kept my monthly contract amount to around $40.00, and I don't think there is another provider that can do that with all the options that I have. When I have had issues with my phone or service, they have usually resolved to my satisfaction. I am very happy with them.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I had to replace my old smartphone but couldn't afford to!! I got a smartphone & am paying monthly payments for the phone. I live in a mobile home with a steel roof & the new phone doesn't work in my house!!! Facebook works, but have to go outside to make or answer calls???? That is not fun in the wintertime or on rainy days !!! They said it would be better when 5G came in, but it hasn't!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

When I was a carrier of US Mobile Phone I enjoyed the quality of customer service support I received whenever I needed to get a problem solved. The staff knew how to handle every issue I came across in a timely manner. When I decided to go to a different carrier they thanked me for my service and support. I found that to be a good part of the company.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Purchased a Samsung S20 ultra phone. This phone is garbage. Save your money! You are taking a chance that you will get a working phone with no issues. Then you will have the challenge of working with customer service who will only refer you to Samsung. What a waste of time!!! I now have a very expensive paperweight and hours wasted on the phone trying to get things resolved. US Cellular made a profit on this sale, yet they are not willing to help. Well lesson learned. I will be changing providers as soon as contract is up. Please check all reviews before buying this phone, it might save you time and money!!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Started an order with U.S. Cellular for my mother. After 3 days still no phone hooked up. Repeatedly switched from one person to next. Promised callbacks. I drive to mother's only to have no calls. Promise after promise all broke. Was closing time. After 2 hours, "Let me call you back." No call. You call back. Closed for the night. Get on with live chat. Same. Disconnect after hours. Still no phone elderly mother. I can go on and on. Talked retention, switch back to customer service. Mother was with phone company for 56 years and we foolishly switched to U. S. CELLULAR. Email me. Can get into more specific. Terrible terrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

They told us that our monthly bill would be 125.00 and the lowest it has been is 163.00. My husband has a flip phone and has nothing but problems and they will do nothing to assist him. We will cancel.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I have needed a new phone now for a while. I was thrilled with my experience with Britley. She was over the top helpful and I I have no complaints. She made it a lot less stressful going through the process.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

We've had terrible service in Wautoma, WI since February 2020; friends in the area complain of the same thing and then others we spoke with across the state are having the same issues. No bars, very little service. Their Engineers tell us it's due to a tower switch (they took the close one away from us) and it will be months before anything changes. Ok...but now we learn the entire state has issues so the explanation holds no water. We'd love to change but no one else services our area. To top it off, we switched to their internet...boy are we kicking ourselves! There are times we can't even make a call from our living room. Their service used to be great; I used to have service when so many others did not. Now, it's just bottom of the barrel and they apparently aren't going to do anything about it.

U.S. Cellular author review by ConsumerAffairs

U.S. Cellular is one of the largest wireless carriers in the United States. It was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Chicago. The company offers traditional plans and no-contract, unlimited prepaid plans, called Simple Connect Plans, for basic phones and smartphones.

• Canada and Mexico: U.S. Cellular customers can make unlimited calls and send unlimited texts to individuals in Canada and Mexico for a single additional fee each month.

• Included features: All of U.S. Cellular’s Simple Connect Prepaid Plans come with several features, including three-way calling, call waiting and voicemail. Some plans also have caller ID.

• Refer-A-Friend: U.S. Cellular customers can earn up to $550 when they refer individuals who sign up for a U.S. Cellular prepaid plan or contract plan. Both the new and the existing customer receive $50.

• Plans: All Simple Connect Plans for smartphones come with unlimited talk and text. Consumers can decide how much high-speed data they want and choose a plan that provides more or less data, depending on their needs. Additional data is free but is not 4G LTE.

• Refill options: Customers can refill their minutes online, by phone, in person or by purchasing a refill card at major national retailers. Customers can also sign up for automatic refills.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team