U.S. Cellular
1.58/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

U.S. Cellular Reviews

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

U.S. Cellular Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

My family lives on the outskirts of Des Moines, IA and we are new customers of US Cellular. We signed up for the promotional plan 4 lines for $30 each. Got our first bill and it was higher than quoted. I was upset when I first saw it and finally called in since the online login system is down and couldn't sign into my account to get the issue resolved. I spoke to Brandon in billing and he was GREAT! The first thing I said was that it appeared our bill was incorrect and that we are new customers. Brandon was very patient and calmly stated he would take a look and see what was going on.

He then proceeded to go through every line item of my bill, indicating which page I should go to and what cost to look at. It was almost like he was standing right next to me looking at it too. I told him I didn't understand where some of the summary charges were coming from on the front page and he directed me to each of the pages where those charges were coming from and added them up for me to get the total on the summary page.

I also let him know what we were quoted at the store and there was one discrepancy that the sales person didn't explain correctly. We were told if we signed up for auto pay we would get another $10 off our bill each month, but I learned from Brandon that that is actually already built into the promotion plan of 4 lines for $30 each. He said he always tries to err on the side of misunderstanding instead of thinking the sales person is trying to be deceptive. He himself used to be on the sales floor so he has a diverse perspective and is more understanding. Great quality to have.

He named the sales person we worked with and said he would provide that feedback to make sure this person understands the promotion correctly and is quoting customers correctly going forward. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Every customer service person should be just as patient and communicative as Brandon was with me. I was a US Cellular customer 15 years ago and always had a great experience. For me, it is still the same great experience as it was many years ago. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I had such a great experience with my sales rep Arber **! I live in Whitewater and I came in tired of paying so much to AT&T with all their hidden fees and horrible reliability and Arber took me through all my options with U.S. Cellular. He didn't pressure me to get the newest phone or go with the highest bill but he showed me all the different options and let me know the choice is mine to make. I came in with a cell phone I already owned and showed me actual price differences between if I went with my phone or went with one of their phones. He was very patient and was even able to make my bill lower with a special promo. I will be a long and valuable customer. Your loss, AT&T.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I don’t quite understand all the bad reviews. I have had nothing but fantastic service for years. I travel a lot for my work 300 + miles a day on average in 3 states. I very rarely have dead zones. We have three phones and a tablet and iPad on our account. We live in rural area in Kansas and other carriers cannot provide service other than Verizon which is much higher priced and lower quality service. I recently upgraded my Galaxy S8 plus that I got 2 years ago. It was a great phone but was ready for an upgrade. I especially like the finance option. They let you pay for the latest phones in monthly payments. We also got an iPhone for our daughter free after bill credits. We are on the unlimited data plan and receive a discount on it because we have multiple lines.

I upgraded to iPhone XS Max and could not be happier. Love their specials on phones and tablets. I also got a $600 iPad for under $200 at only $5 a month plus $15 a month for data plan. Also every time I call or chat to customer service they are always very nice and helpful. They even gave me a credit on my bill because I was thinking of changing carriers. As long as they keep the customer service as it is now I will be a customer for life.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Spoke with Jessica in customer service and was extremely delighted with the service. She gave us and addition 1 GB for our Data plan. The only time we use more than our current 2GB is during our summer vacations. Jessica appreciated that we were long time (over 24 years) customers so she gave us the additional 1 GB at no charge. Not many companies will you find that will do this. Especially Cable companies. We were delighted and surprised at her kindness. This kind of service is what has kept us with US Cell for all these years. Thank you Jessica and US Cell.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I’m certain switching to U.S. Cellular and taking advantage of their amazing deal on the iPhones is the best solution for our fam's cell needs. I appreciate Natasha ** knowledge, and friendly willingness to go over all of our options with patience and a smile to make sure we got the exact package that’s right for us, and fit our budget. Our experience has been excellent. I wish I could’ve given 4 1/2 stars instead of just 4, but I reserve the perfect scores for something like being the lucky twenty millionth customer and winning free lifetime service, or a free one week trip to Las Vegas for the wife and I????

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I changed from Verizon to US Cellular because I was added to a plan. Price was higher at US Cellular. Bad move! My US Cellular provider had absolutely horrible problems. Bad reception - none in any basement of any home. No reception up north & central Wisconsin. Text messages received an hour after they were sent, voicemail left but phone did not ring (yes, ringtone turned up) and totally misses calls & texts when sender/caller proved they DID call/text me. I'm now back with Verizon and my reception is great! Works in basement, elevator, even up north AND I'm getting all calls & texts. Never leaving Verizon...and by the way, it's also about $50 a month cheaper!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

The website was updated and I am unable to log in. I tried all the normal troubleshooting and even called customer service. Very inconvenient having to call to pay bill. Might be time for new carrier.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Won’t even discuss the Dropped calls and lack of coverage in my home area right now. This topic is about US Cellular’s updated website. For months, since they updated it, I have been unable to view my bill online, or log in to pay. Every month I have to call and pay my bill. Customer service is SO not helpful, and treat me like an idiot. Yes, I have cleared cookies. Yes, I have tried to log in on multiple devices and multiple browsers. Nothing will even bring up the log in page. Their site is the ONLY one I am unable to log in to pay bills. No real answers have been given. Shouldn’t a company be held by law to produce your bills also? Not a happy customer at all. Would not recommend. If you have a problem, be prepared to be treated like an imbecile.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I live 15 minutes outside of a major metropolitan area. Once again I had 5 dropped phone calls while attempting to call my father. For some reason every morning when I get up my phone shows I have no signal. Sometimes driving through certain areas in this major metropolitan area my phone drops calls constantly. My wife and I took a road trip this summer and used Google maps and consistently lost coverage while trying to use it. We finally had to purchase a roadmap. We had Verizon for 15 plus years and experienced maybe a few dropped calls the entire time. I am seriously considering paying the early terminations charge just to get rid of them.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

My husband has been charged three times for the same bill, Eve. Though the website said an error occurred and the payment didn't go through. He has now been without phone service for a week due to the fact that US Cellular seems to have lost two payments of $127 which have both cleared our bank. Even with confirmation numbers. It has now taken five phone calls, three different fax numbers, one online chat, and three different proofs of payment through our bank... Still currently unresolved at the time of this review.

U.S. Cellular expert review by ConsumerAffairs

U.S. Cellular is one of the largest wireless carriers in the United States. It was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Chicago. The company offers traditional plans and no-contract, unlimited prepaid plans, called Simple Connect Plans, for basic phones and smartphones.

• Canada and Mexico: U.S. Cellular customers can make unlimited calls and send unlimited texts to individuals in Canada and Mexico for a single additional fee each month.

• Included features: All of U.S. Cellular’s Simple Connect Prepaid Plans come with several features, including three-way calling, call waiting and voicemail. Some plans also have caller ID.

• Refer-A-Friend: U.S. Cellular customers can earn up to $550 when they refer individuals who sign up for a U.S. Cellular prepaid plan or contract plan. Both the new and the existing customer receive $50.

• Plans: All Simple Connect Plans for smartphones come with unlimited talk and text. Consumers can decide how much high-speed data they want and choose a plan that provides more or less data, depending on their needs. Additional data is free but is not 4G LTE.

• Refill options: Customers can refill their minutes online, by phone, in person or by purchasing a refill card at major national retailers. Customers can also sign up for automatic refills.

• Best for: U.S. Cellular Simple Connect is best for parents, business owners and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs