U.S. Cellular

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Paid my bill and phone off in October in November my bill should of been $45 and I paid 20.00 of it which left 25.00 and I get a bill for $112.00. I have had nothing but outrageous bills about every other month never got my deposits back after phone's paid off! Stay away from this rip off company!

Switched from Verizon because US Cellular would pay fees... not! You get debit cards some of which are good at their stores only. Takes forever to get cards. By the time I got them Verizon took me to collections dropping my credit score 50 points. Bad reception in Minneapolis for my son. Forget to pay bill they will cut you off no notice. Also when switching over which took two hours in store at the end you get a $25 per line activation charge. Horrible. Awful. Don't switch. The ads should be classified as false advertising.

They have rewarded my loyalty many times, and never gave me even the tiniest reason to switch. US Cellular has been very good to me and deserve my loyalty after 15 years. I know family members who had many other providers and felt they had to switch every year or so, because they were not satisfied. US Cellular has great service, plans, and phones. Their website is easy to navigate, and to make payments on.

I went in to US Cellular in Wytheville VA a few times and the workers in there are so rude. Especially the fat girl and one of the guys that works in there. They need to teach them how to greet their customers. Also I noticed that if you're making a big purchase they are nicer. If you're having problems out of a phone they don't want to help you. Very rude. I think they need to clean house and get friendlier worker. I guess I will have to drive farther and go to Hillsville US Cellular where they are friendlier and they don't act like you are a bother. The 2 workers I had to deal with was talking to each other while trying to wait on me about something being so funny and they couldn't quit laughing. They didn't act to professional.

They have met all my expectations. Customer service has answered all my questions and been readily available. Connectivity has never faltered. Very pleased. My last cell phone from consumer cellular was a disappointing experience. Being in a more rural area I was expecting some problems, but since I've switched to US Cellular there haven't been any. All is well with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?

First of all let me say I have been a US Cellular for 20 years. In August I received a flyer through the mail advertising for 50% off a new Smartphone. I went into the US Cellular Store on Patton Ave in Asheville, NC and showed them my flyer and was there to take advantage of the offer. The sales associate was not familiar with the flyer and said that there was a misprint on my flyer and it should have said that it was 50 % off if you switched over from another courier. She called a manager over, who read the flyer, made a copy of my flyer, and said the same thing but said they had to "honor" the 50% off since it must have been a printing error.

I purchased my new Samsung 7 that day and was told that I would received a credit on my account within a couple of months. Today, 4 months later, I went in to see why I have never seen this credit. I spoke with a different manager who told me that there was no way that they would have honored that flyer (otherwise, calling me a liar). The saleslady who sold me my phone was there with another customer. I told him I would wait and speak with her. After waiting 2 hours, and having the manager take her in the back and talk to her, she was ready to speak with me. She would not even look me in the eye and proceeded to say that she didn't remember any of conversation with the manager from the previous visit and that she couldn't do anything about my $350 loss.

I feel like I have been lied to and cheated. I told both the sales associate and the manager that I would switch over to Verizon if they didn't follow through with what they had previously told me. They did not seem to care and didn't offer any way of making this right. I would never have purchased the phone if I had known that I wouldn't be getting the $350 credit. After being a customer for around 20 years, I feel like I should have been treated better than this. Goodbye US Cellular... Verizon here I come!

I have been a customer of theirs for quite a while and my experience with their customer service has always been the best. I wanted to purchase an iPad for facetime with my granddaughter in California and went up to the store in Orange City Ia (Cellular Authorized Agent - Digital Plus). We went over the plans and decided to cut back my data and add an ipad to my service, set up in the form of payments. I was going to buy the ipad outright but it seemed after talking to them it was a better idea to just pay it over time. I asked the clerk three times what the bill would be costing me a month. I said I needed to know as I wanted to make sure I didn’t go up a lot in my payments per month.

Well 30 days later I received my bill and it was at least $50.00 more than I was told. I immediately drove up to the store and they said they couldn’t help me at the time. They said the other amount was taxes and I reminded them I had asked for the complete bill. I wanted to return the ipad but they said I was over the 14 day return. (Well add this up I wouldn’t have known what they were charging me before 30 days but their policy is 14 days. Seems kind of stupid to me.) I then went home and called US Cellular directly and spoke to a lady that said she would set up a discount for me and brought my bill down. She at no time said this was a discount for one year and so this is the second time this company has lied to me.

I then just received an email stating my 20% discount would be up and my bill would be going up to the large original amount. I was not happy and called US Cellular and spoke to a nice representative that said she needed to pass me on to her supervisor. His name was Rudy and he had an attitude immediately and I knew I was not going to get anywhere with him. I brought these taxes up and said why they didn’t tell me what they would be. He said there is no way they know that amount but that is not true as my landline phone company could give me the total amount when I raised my internet speed right on the spot.

I feel they have lied and are the most deceptive company I have had contact with. I asked Rudy to speak with someone above him and he said there was no one there. He said they would contact me within 24-48 hours and that time has gone. I feel at this time I have to let anybody that is considering this company to run because they could care less about their customers and it’s upsetting to me. I have been doing retail and customer service for 40 years and a good company does not treat you this way.

I was on a trip to attend the funeral of a relative. The day of the funeral I tried to use my phone and received a message that there was no service at this time. This continued through the day and for the three days that followed until I got home and contacted US Cellular. I was informed that my service had been cut off because the last payment they received only had the $170+ for the regular phone bill and did not include the $15 charge for the data overage the previous month. During this trip the people we were in a relatively remote area where medical services are also remote. With me, I had one person who has a serious heart problem and two people who had previously suffered strokes. (One of these is partially paralyzed and needs a lot of assistance.)

When I contacted US Cellular I told them this was a error on my part, but I thought they would have contacted me via voice or text prior to cutting off my service. They stated that it was not their policy to do this. I talked to several of their representatives concerning this and was given the same answer every time. I thought each of the representatives was very rude. I told them I would have the additional $15 paid in 4 days so they agreed to turn my service back on, but made sure to threaten me stating that if it wasn't paid my service would be cut off again. I even sent a letter (return receipt requested) to several of the top managers of this company. Each response was that it was not their policy to warn people prior to discontinuing their service. I informed them that come the end of my contract I would be selecting another carrier. They didn't seem to care.

When I first started doing business with US Cellular I had an unlimited contract. The lady working there told me never get rid of that contract, it was no longer available. When my phone went bad like they all seem to do after a couple of years, I was told that I had to change my contact. I argued for a little bit telling what I was told not to get rid of my contact. The representative kept up "sir you cannot keep your contract." Lie, I now know people who held their ground & still have unlimited service. I was told that if they left unlimited it would pull down the system with everyone having that.

Legalized theft, robbed me of what I had, $150 + a month 7g doesn't last very long. Have to sit and not use it so it doesn't shut down, or go somewhere for Wi-Fi, getting real close to just going back to a regular phone. US Cellular needs a competitor to knock 'em in the ass & come up with an unlimited plan and watch 'em squirm to get back people's business. Want to watch YouTube, it doesn't take long to eat up your plan.

Maybe it's time to just get rid of the damn thing. Didn't have one years ago & got along just fine. Granted it is nice if you want to look up laws or any information on the internet, or do shopping etc. $1,800 a year adds up, can't imagine a multi-phone package for a family sure could use that money for some nice things. Give me back my unlimited contract, LIARS never give in to their trained staff! DO not send me junk messaging just because you have my information. It's not your right.

Bought a new lg4g phone and within 2 weeks the phone would not pick up service 3 miles away from the place I bought it from and the internet would not work. So I took it back and paid 35 dollars to be sent another. They sent me a refurbished phone and still charged me the same amount as a new one. I was charged for roaming 3 counties from my home. Don't go to these guys. It's a scam all the way around.

I made changes to my account in August after selling my business, such as removing a couple phones from the account, address changes, etc. Then I talked to someone about purchasing a new phone and asked with this new phone plus my husband's old phone how much my monthly bill would come to. I was told it would be about $41 for my phone (that would be, I believe, $25 for the service plus $16 for the monthly payment on the phone) plus $20 for my husband's service. I said, "In other words, about $61 plus taxes," which the representative confirmed. That sounded perfectly reasonable to me, so I signed up for the new phone.

The first bill I got from them included discontinue of service fees for the phones I took off the account, so it was high. I expected that. So this month, I got my first typical bill and it was $98. Well, $98 is a far cry from something under $70, so I called. This is what I was told: "The representative was right. It's about $61 for the two phones, plus $30 for the data." "Wait a minute," I said, "I told her I wanted to know what my TOTAL monthly bill would come to. Is this not clear that I want to know ALL the charges?" Her response was, "Well, she didn't technically lie to you."

I asked what it would take to move my service, and she said I only needed to pay off my phone, and there would be a $75 early-out on my husband's contract. (Mine is on a month-to-month contract.) So I checked with Consumer Cellular and found I can save about $45/month with them, but they informed me I would need to get the lockout code from U.S. Cellular for them to transfer my phone to their service. I called U.S. Cellular back and they informed me that my Samsung phone is not usable with any other service. I am stuck with their service unless I'm willing to toss out a phone I just got and owe over $400 on.

So, the conclusion is that they have ripped me off every way from Sunday! First, they duped me into using their service by lying to me about how much it costs. They sold me a phone without informing me that this phone cannot be used with any other service. I am semi-retired and on a fixed income, and I made room in my budget for the $65-$70/month, not for nearly $100/month. I suspect there is nothing I can do about this, but I think the FCC needs to be aware of U.S. Cellular's devious business practices, and I have filed a formal complaint. And I will tell everyone I see to RUN form U.S. Cellular!

I have been a customer with US Cellular for over 2 years. I went in and got 2 additional lines and a tablet line. At that time the experience was great. Additonal lines were approximately $30 per month. Recently my son lost his phone that he has had forever and was eligible for upgrade. I went in to get his new phone and was told my bill should be from $10 to $15 more. Got phone an iPhone6s, it was turned on, everything was great, I walked out.

I got my bill and mine was $75 dollars more than normal. I called customer service and was told it was an activation fee of $25 that they would wave. But I said that still leaves a $50 increase. I also had to increase Data to avoid overage fees and was told that would be $10 more. There was fees in doing that. I said I just want to return the phone and cut off the one line. They said "well now you're out of the 15 day period." I was like "What 15 day period???" I was again not told I had 15 days to return the phone... just 7 days outside that window and I didn't know about how much the bill was gonna be, because I was misinformed. I was told I signed a contract when I bought his phone, in which I want to seek my signature because I did not sign anything!!!! No help and no comprimise!! Piss poor customer service... hopefully soon I will not have to be a US CELLULAR CUSTOMER ANY LONGER!!

I was told by US Cellular reps that I could transfer from Verizon to US Cellular and they would cover my early termination costs up to $350 per line. I called them today, one week after getting my new phones. The rep I talked to said I couldn't get the gift card because I hadn't turned in my old phones, I didn't port my old numbers and I didn't buy insurance for $16/month.

I hadn't turned my old phones in because I was waiting for my new ones to arrive and then making sure everything was set up and working before the jump. I didn't port my old numbers because we were coming from an area US Cellular didn't have coverage in, so we couldn't use our old numbers. And I didn't buy insurance because I don't need it. No one told us any of these things. They just sent us to a website and told us we had to turn in our old phones, which is understandable. But now, today, 31 days after we ordered the phones (and 8 days after we actually got them), we are told it is too late to apply for the coverage of our switching costs. Not happy at all.

My husband and I purchased a phone September 23rd and returned it September 26th due to not getting service hardly anywhere in town much less at our home. Well I expected to get my money the same day which I was due almost $200 dollars. They said "no, we mail you a check and it should take no longer than a week." Well it's been almost 3 and they will not give me any answers. Not counting I received a bill from them for $111. For three days of service!!! Really??? I am a very very dissatisfied customer. I called customer service repeatedly and also exchanged emails. The "workers" in the store are very rude and unhelpful as well as the customer service hotline. This store is located in Shallotte, Nc. Please save yourself the hassle and go AT&T where they treated their customers with dignity and respect. Which is what I should of done in the first place. Now I'm out $200 and no idea when I'm getting it back.

My Grandmother ordered me a New 64gb Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and a 2 year contract plan through US Cellular Website because I had to move out to help her on her farm and my current service provider doesn't work here or in the surrounding area. Their web-ordering procedures seemed pretty secure, which lulled us into a false sense of security. We went through a very detailed credit check and card-authorization. After being approved and the order being processed we received an order number and receipt. We ordered the phone on October 3rd. October 4th, the credit card company fraud department called, which raised a pretty serious red flag to us. Why would they call if this had been such a secure credit check, even asking personal questions to confirm cardholder identity... Sketchy at BEST.

We got that ironed out and the payment went through, no issues on the card company's end. As of today, October 12th, we STILL have not received a tracking number or shipping confirmation for the device. We have emailed them twice, obviously concerned about being charged without any evidence of what we paid for being sent or even processed. Each time we email them, we are given a pretty impersonal answer that boils down to: "Wait 24 Hours, and if you haven't been emailed a tracking number, please contact us at (800 number here)..." We called them, and after over 2 hours on the phone, we were TOLD (pretty much verbatim) that exact same thing they emailed to us. We waited 3 more days with no information, and yesterday, after emailing them, they responded with the SAME "Wait 24 hours, blah, blah, blah..."

I ordered a Note 5 protective case through Newegg.Com on the same day, using the same credit card, and it's been sitting on my bookshelf for 3 days, waiting to be used on a phone that I have zero evidence I will even receive. From October 3rd to October 12th, we still have zero resolution after two phone calls and two emails. There is still no UPS tracking information or any notification that the phone has been (or will be) sent. I also went back to their website to research the specifications of the device. Since my order was placed, the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (neither 64 or 32gb version) is no longer even listed on their website as an available device. Coincidence? The world may never know. This company is TRASH, and if you have ANY other options (which I sadly don't), do NOT do business with them.

I was a long time customer of US Cellular (over 16 years) with very few complaints. I recently switched to Verizon due to the enhanced data network which will assist me when traveling. Once my account was cancelled, I called a week later to confirm that my account was indeed cancelled and to confirm if there would be a final bill or refund. I was informed that my account was in fact closed and I had a bill of $81.34. Thing is that I normally paid about $68 as this was my original plan as well as my corporate discount. US Cellular discounted my discount about a year ago, but their store rep in my area agreed to continue it. Now, after cancelling my account the system magically removes my discount and I am charged more. It might only be a matter of $13 but the fact that I'm essentially penalized for cancelling my coverage from a carrier that offers substandard service.

I lost my Moto G phone back in May 2016. I went to the US Cellular store and bought a new Moto G for 200$. The agent gave me 2 papers to sign. The first paper was my receipt for the phone. The second one was for a new 2 year contract. Nothing was ever said about a contract renewal, and I would never renew with 6 months left on my old contract. I asked her, the agent, "Is this a contract renewal you just slipped me"? She said yes. I asked her why she didn't ask me about contract renewal and she started talking in her US Cellular shop talk language that I now believe is dualistic and manipulative. Never in my life have I experienced that level of dishonesty and deceit from a business. At first I was very angry but now I'm just hollowed out and deeply disappointed that this industry is just dishonest by nature.

Verizon is probably just as dishonest. Bottom line, the plans offered by these Cellular companies are manipulative. A square deal is not to be found. On a deeper level, I believe the practices of these companies reflect the corrupt nature of our society as a whole. The lying, parsing of words, manipulation, dualism, etc. It really is sad.

I have been a U.S. Cellular customer for about 9 years. I never really pay attention to my bill but when I checked my August statement I noticed a $19.90 roaming charge for use in Canada. My friend, who came with me on the trip, has Verizon. His charge, with unlimited use, for the same time period was $8.00. My charge, with U.S. Cellular was $3.00 per day plus $0.99 per minute. Not even comparable. I spoke to a representative who offered me a plan at $35.00 per month at $0.80 per minute. Guess who will be visiting a Verizon store this week?

So we moved to this little town in the middle of Kansas, was told there are two wireless service providers in the area that provide good coverage, there was US Cellular and Straight Talk. Well, me and my wife had our mind set on Straight Talk, never had them but liked the idea of a set price and no contract. I wandered into the US Cellular store to see if they had any good deals, at the time I had AT&T. They told me face to face that I would only pay 100 dollars a month, swore up and down that was the price. They paid me the 200 dollars for switching, which took them over 4 hours to do trying to get our phones that we had paid off switched over. They told us that both our iPhones would switch, I had a iPhone 6s Plus and my wife had iPhone 6. Well in the middle of trying to get it all switched after they called and deactivated our phones from AT&T they say, "Well we can't switch your wife's phone and we need to wait a couple weeks to get yours to unlock."

So now I had no choice but to buy one of their iPhones for my wife and they gave me an iPhone 6s as a supposed loaner, and they still charged me for several installment payments that they said they weren't gonna do. Took the company 3 months to finally give me the 200 prepaid card that they promised for trading in my wife's paid off phone, then I find that my bill is almost 200 dollars a month. The whole reason I went with them was because of them telling me it was almost the same price as Straight Talk a month. And to top it all off the people at the store told me the iPhone 6 that my wife got was only gonna be 400 or so, and I checked on my account the other day they charged me over 800 for that phone. I highly recommend using someone else, even if the service is poor. I'm putting my 200 prepaid onto my wife's phone to get it paid off and unlock and am canceling the plan. It's retarded.

You know I understand that sometimes a sales rep bends the truth a little but come on. I guess I should have done my own research, but it was local and I wanted to be able to speak to a person if need be, but now I am done with them. I had such a better experience with AT&T. You pay quite a bit with them but at least their apps are good, their website is understandable, their customer service is better from what I have experienced, and they tell you exactly what your are gonna pay. I don't know how well Straight Talk service is in our area, a lot have said it's good, but I am to the point where I will take crappy service over a business that is supposed to be professional lying straight to my face and overcharging me for crappy service.

Saw US Cellular Reps in Walmart one day. 97 cent phones (yeah right). They suckered me into a 2 year contract with them. In 2 months I have paid them $338.00. I can not afford that. I am on disability. So called. Told them I needed to leave them and I was aware of the early termination fee. Long story short... I have a phone they won't unlock.

I switch to US because that is where my new husband was and they were offering all the same incentives previously stated by another person; they would pay off my old phones and would get store credit, only I NEVER received the Visa cards. But we sucked that up. The latest is every time I have to call into customer service you get the rudest people ever. I broke my new phone of four days but still had my old phone. When we called the first time they told us that after I filed the insurance claim they would let me use the old phone until the replacement was in. We went home, spent two hours trying to file the claim, filed the claim, went back down the next evening as we were told to do, called back and spent an hour with them on the phone to be told they would not let me use my old phone and it had to be shipped back or I would be charged for it.

The store does not carry loaner phones so I am now without a phone for however long it takes them to send me the replacement. What upsets more than anything is the fact that I wasted 4 hours of family time on the phone with rude people. Kudos to those who work in the store. They have done nothing but bend over backwards to help and how they can work for people that are as rude as they are is beyond me. I will NOT be renewing contracts and we will be going back to the other company.

I switched from sprint to U.S. cellular a few months ago. They had a promotion running that would pay off my remaining contract with Sprint and give me $100 back on each line if I turned in our old phones. I have been using U.S. cellular since 1999 but switched to Sprint a few years ago because they did not have the iphone. The company did give us $100/ line if we turned in our sprint phones (3 of them). However we could only spend our $300 in the U.S. Cellular store. (they left that detail out until all the paperwork had been taken care of.

The other part of the deal was to pay off my contract with sprint. Sounds good! However, what I ended up doing was paying off the contract out of my pocket for three lines, Having to purchase three new iphones from U.S. Cellular out of pocket and then fill out and submit three sets of online forms for a rebate that MAY pay me back a portion of what I spent (over $2,000.00) Over six months later I did receive a rebate, SIX pre paid Master Card debit cards. I thought receiving six cards was odd but at least I got my cash back. NO, I didnt get my "cash" back what I received was six cards for varying amounts totaling $1,160 that I could ONLY USE AT U.S. Cellular. I did not get my money back, they just made me a "SUCKER". I'm sorry that I ever switched back to U.S. Cellular and I will be looking for some other "HONEST" cellular service!

Called customer service to close my invalid (in nursing home) mother's account. Of course I did not know the pin number. Was told to drive to U.S. Cellular office and they could help. NOT SO! There I was given pin number but told they could not help. Called customer service again (with pin number) and was told they could not help because I was not an authorized user. Was transferred to a "muckity-muck" and again told that account could not be closed. So--I guess if you have an invalid parent you just cannot close a US Cellular account. Was told they would turn it over to collection (account is current and has been for well over 10 years). Wonder how long the billing continues after a customer dies? Forever, apparently!

My family has had service for nearly 15 years with US Cellular and though tempted to change services at times, we've always stayed loyal to them. I have a 2.5 week trip planned to Peru and want to unlock the phone so that I can have a local number while down there. Since I've recently purchased a phone with US Cellular, I renewed my contract with them and while under contract, they refuse to unlock the phone.

All accounts are in good standing. Never had any problems whatsoever yet they refuse me the courtesy of using my phone while I travel abroad unless I want to pay exorbitant international rates. Even then, I wouldn't have a local number for others there to call me! Infuriated after such a long relationship that they won't allow me this. The amount of money we have paid into this company over the years is ridiculous! Absolutely DONE with them after this contract is finished. Lots of other great carriers out there. Think it's time for a divorce.

My boyfriend went to U.S. Cellular last month to create cell service. He was told by adding me on his plan we would each get a $50 credit on our bill. When noticing the bill showed no credits we asked another store employee where our credit was. She said it is for new lines only. The employee who sold us our contract lied to us stating the $50 credit was for going online and setting up an account. I'm wondering if he works off commission and was just trying to add money to his paycheck while taking money out of ours. His name is Ryan out of the Chillicothe Illinois store. Do not trust him. He will lie to you to get business.

I've been with US Cellular for years. Then I got their WiFi and all hell happened. First I was billed multiple times and every month, month after month they claimed I went over my 5 gigabytes. Even when I turned off my WiFi for a month straight they claimed that I went over my data. How does that happen? It was turned off. I paid hundreds of dollars month after month before I just gave up. Nobody would listen to me. I finally just ignored them. Now I have this on my credit report. I don't know what to do. Thank you for reading my complaint.

Well when I went to one store. They pulled my credit answer said I was approved with no deposit. I went to another store that had better prices on phone and when they went to activate the phone I had a deposit on each line. I have been through nTelos and Sprint with no deposit. I can't stand up some Cellular. As soon as Sprint gets more towers I will be switching back. Also my bills was cheaper with Sprint but there is no signal where I live.

On Sunday, August 7, 2016, I called customer service at US Cellular via 661 on my new iPhone 6 because of three identical letters I received in the mail, but with two different account numbers. The first young lady I spoke to had terrible phone etiquette and bad manners. She told me she couldn't find the account numbers in her system so I should just disregard!! Seriously?! I politely asked "Jasmine" to transfer me to another customer service rep and she did.

However, the line was picked up by a young lady speaking Espanyol and I was caught off guard; but she was bilingual and quickly shifted gears to English and politely and with an almost musical voice asked how she could help AND allowed me to tell her about my previous rude, uncouth experience with "Jasmine" before her, and promised to help me any way she could this evening. Her name was April and she was the BEST customer service rep I have EVER had the pleasure of having assist me for any company. I wish she could be my very own for all customer service required phone contacts!!

She allowed me to speak, waiting until I was finished then reflected to be sure she understood what I was asking her to help me with, then followed through with professionalism and organization like a well-choreographed dance. I hope "April's" management receives this and looks into which young lady it is I'm writing about because she should be mentoring/training others for the telephone customer service positions.

I've had so many horrible experiences with phone company customer service agents who are, I believe, answering phones in another country and that's ok but they had never, not one time helped me with the reason I called. This is why I felt strongly enough about this to let US Cellular know and hope April gets something good for her kind, professional, thorough work. Thanks again April at US Cellular Customer Service on Sunday, August 7, 2016!! You're the BEST!!

We were with Verizon for 10 years and after pricing around we found that U.S. Cellular would be cheaper. At the time there were great rebates as well. We were going to transfer 4 phones, so around $1200 in rebates. We switched and the nightmare began. There were several problems with my rebate. None, of which I confirmed with U.S. Cellular were due to any errors on my part. The irony is, when I was trying to locate my rebates (after 6 months of switching) I constantly had dropped calls when calling customer service from home on my cellphone! I documented 9, yes 9, dropped calls to track my rebate!!

After admitting it was an error on their part, they said they would re-submit my rebates but it would take another 12 weeks to process. I was so irate and claimed this was not acceptable. Again, I asked to speak with a supervisor and was transferred and dealt with more dropped calls. I had to drive to a park on top of a hill, no I'm not kidding, to get through. When I finally did, I was out of patience. They finally agreed to put a "rush" on the rebate cards. I received them 10 days later. Still dealing with the dropped calls and trying to get that resolved. My husband travels a short distance out of town for work and we were assured his coverage would be great... NOT the case. He gets dropped calls also. REGRET switching. REGRET switching.

After over ten years of service with this company, my husband was in route to work this a.m. and while making a call at 6 am, he hears the message our service is interrupted... 5 days after bill is due. Never in all these years has that happen... I started with them with 6 lines, last year 4 lines ported out their numbers to connect with other co. I was leaning toward staying with US Cell. But because of what happened today... I'm moving on to Sprint with the rest of my family... Knowing someone personally who works for them and being told they (US Cellular) has been overbilling customers and such, hoping to get them to fall off their belief plan anyway, since they don't want to oblige customer loyalty anyway. :(

I didn't care too much as long as my bill looked correct, because we managed our data use consistently... But to cut off my service after being late 5 days for just 2 lines $138 in which I paid $112 just 5 days ago! Ok you right #moving on... When numerous times I have paid weekly over $100 to keep ph service on 6 lines also making the payment even 3 weeks after the due date!!! Yes I hear you loud and clear... #loyaltydon'tmatter #w/us cellular.... I'm one who counted customer service over price... Now I'm convinced, I have to go lower prices over customer service... PORTING LAST "2" LINES OUT TO SPRINT ASAP!!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

U.S. Cellular is one of the largest wireless carriers in the United States. It was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Chicago. The company offers traditional plans and no-contract, unlimited prepaid plans, called Simple Connect Plans, for basic phones and smartphones.

• Canada and Mexico: U.S. Cellular customers can make unlimited calls and send unlimited texts to individuals in Canada and Mexico for a single additional fee each month.
  • Included features: All of U.S. Cellular’s Simple Connect Prepaid Plans come with several features, including three-way calling, call waiting and voicemail. Some plans also have caller ID.
  • Refer-A-Friend: U.S. Cellular customers can earn up to $550 when they refer individuals who sign up for a U.S. Cellular prepaid plan or contract plan. Both the new and the existing customer receive $50.
  • Plans: All Simple Connect Plans for smartphones come with unlimited talk and text. Consumers can decide how much high-speed data they want and choose a plan that provides more or less data, depending on their needs. Additional data is free but is not 4G LTE.
  • Refill options: Customers can refill their minutes online, by phone, in person or by purchasing a refill card at major national retailers. Customers can also sign up for automatic refills.
  • Best for U.S. Cellular Simple Connect is best for parents, business owners and budget-conscious consumers.

Compare Prepaid Phones