1.63/5

U.S. Cellular Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

659 U.S. Cellular Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I was with U.S. Cellular for 11 years, and moved to Wyoming where they did not have service. Ended up canceling my service, but when I tried to do that they told me they could not do that until I paid off a phone, even though my account was not under contract. So I just stopped paying the bill to see if they would cancel it then, and they did. They also sent the account straight to collections asap. You would think that with being a long time loyal customer they would work with you or even just let you walk away after eleven years of service with them. The total is only 322.00.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

About 2 months ago I purchased 2 Galaxy Note phones off the internet with unlimited plan. I received one and other one was stopped in the middle of being transported and sent back to company b/c fraud department wanted to verify it was me before sending (problem 1). Then I called US Cellular to have phone that I did receive, to be turned on and acquire why I haven't received other phone.

I was told to go to my closest store (problem 2). Then the store said I could not activate phone there and couldn't find out why other phone wasn't received and to call back 1-800 number (problem 3). Then I call to 1-800 # to decline service and send back the phone I received and to get a refund. I was convinced we would get it all figured out and to go back to the store and customer service rep would call me when I got there to help. She never called (problem 4). Then I was told other phone didn't arrive because fraud department needed to verify me so they can send it out. That was done and everything ok'd.

Person at store was going to get me my phone but after putting out 2 payments of $54, wanted me to pay another $54 to give it to me that day. And the phone I did receive was in limbo and they would figure it out next day (problem 5). After breaking down in store, I called 1-800 number to cancel and return the other phone. I've talked to like 15 people and can't get a refund b/c it was going to happen but now it's been declined for some reason. Everyone says the company they need to get in touch with is closed and call back or husband needs this and this or they can't find me in the system. So fed up. I just want my refund and never deal with this company again.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I switched to US Cellular due to a great promotion they were offering. After months of hour+ calls to customer service and being told not to worry, it takes a few months for the corrected promotion to kick in, I was told, "Oh! you were put in the wrong promotion and now it is too late to switch you into it!" I am paying almost double what I was at the last cell company, my service is mediocre at best and I am stuck in the deal with no way out other than to pay off $750 per phone plus early termination fees. I can't afford it, but also can't afford to get out of it! They lied to me and tricked me. Run as fast as you can from US Cellular!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have been looking for a way for me, an 18 year old, to try and get the newest iPhone. I make enough, the only problem was that I didn't have credit yet. One day I finally managed to get a decent credit score. U.S. Cellular had a deal going on, so I went ahead and signed a contract with U.S. Cellular. I would completely wish I had not if it weren't for this new phone. My coverage is completely and entirely garbage. I can get online sometimes, and others, well, I might as well stick to phone calls.

Their app is completely unprofessional, it's basically their mobile version of their website, in an app. If you go to their mobile website, then download the app, it looks exactly, and I mean exactly the same. I would also like to state that I was misadvised, I thought my total per month was going to be $40 less than what it was, then was advised it would be only $20 extra per month until the discount kicked in. It is $40 extra monthly, and I am not happy. I am completely unsatisfied with my contract with U.S. Cellular. I love my new phone, but I do not like the service I get with it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

We were planning a trip to Italy so I went to US Cellular to check if my Samsung S6 would work there. I had been exploring using a Sim Card purchased through Tim (Italian Company) and needed to know if my phone was unlocked and if it was capable of utilizing the Tim Sim Card. I went to on US Cellular store who told me that my phone was locked and I needed to go to a corporate store to get it unlocked but that it would work in Europe. I then went to the corporate store and was told it was unlocked but they could not help me regarding my phone working with a Tim Sim Card. I purchased the Sim card online and when I went to have it activated in Italy, it would not work.

I was told by a Tim representative that the phone was locked. I did a online chat for support and was told that the phone unlocked but was not capable of working in Italy. After doing some online research, I learned that US Cellular works off of a CDMA network and Europe does not use or support that type of network. I found that I could change the settings for the type of network needed in my phone "settings" to a LTE/GSM/UTMS network and everything worked great. I would also like to mention that US Cellular prepaid plans only work well in your home area, even when they claim you have nationwide coverage.

I have found that when making calls in the northern part of my home state, I have to manually enter the area code and phone number I am dialing a second time. This really creates problems since I don't have the numbers memorized. I called US Cellular to report this and was told that their regular plans work properly in those areas but this is the way pre-paid plans work. My guess is that this is the way they get you to convert to higher priced plans. I would suggest that if you are looking for a new cellular company you find someone other than US Cellular.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Stay clear of these liars!!! I was promised my bill would be 170 a month. I have been with them since July and I haven't seen a bill close to 170.00. I just found out a couple weeks ago that I was on a two year contract. They tell you what you want to hear to get your money and business. Customer service is awful. This is one company I wish I had stayed away from. I have reported them to the BBB and my next step is the FTC. I'm going to try and go to another company and I'm not paying them any more money.

They lied to me so I'm going to lie to them about paying my bill. You would think they would try to work with you to keep your business but I guessed they have scammed so many people out of their money they don't need your business. READ YOUR FINE PRINT. BUT THE BEST ADVISE I CAN GIVE IS TO STAY AWAY. I don't even have 4G coverage. I have to use my internet to make a phone call. A lot of times I don't have a signal and have to restart my phone a lot. Stay away!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

The service that US Cellular offers is garbage. They blatantly lie to get your business. I am in Columbia, Mo, a town of over 100,000 people, and they still don't offer VoLTE although that is one of their major selling points. The call quality is trash. I switched from Verizon and I couldn't be more disappointed. If I wasn't in a contract I would go straight back. Proceed with caution.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

US Cellular lied to us to get our business. They offered unlimited data. Which is a lie! The service area is literally only in our small town and that service is awful at best! We are paying $330 a month for 4 phones which do not work properly! You can't look at the internet while on the phone. If someone calls me, the calls are usually forwarded straight to voicemail without a single ring. We are small business owners who are forced to pay for additional phones that need repaired. The insurance company which we pay for is a joke! If I am out of town I can't use the internet for directions because it's out of the service area. This company is the absolute worst! If anyone wants to join me in a class action lawsuit. I am game!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I have been using U.S. Cellular for 10 years, and I don't know why I have this long. Their signal has to be the worst in the industry. I get multiples of the same texts if someone is texting me and sometimes mine don't ever send even if it says sent. I miss calls all the time because I'll go from having full bars when I'm not using my phone to no bars as soon as you try to use your phone. They are literally the worst phone company.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I tried to set up an account with them in July. After not receiving my SIM cards and receiving an email saying they were sorry I cancelled my service. I called them and they said they had closed my account due to billing issues. What billing issues? Supposedly I had a prior outstanding bill. Disgusted I just kept my crap phone service. Then a month later my sister living at the same address is eligible for service. Turns out the prior owners had an outstanding bill that they never paid when they moved out of state. OK maybe now that this is cleared I can try again, sure I get service and hey I am eligible for the first month free. Cool!

I get the sims and set the phones up - no go. I have to pay for new phones since my last carrier has locked features on my phone that would allow me to use data, so $400 later for 2 new phones that work with another carrier's plan I get an invoice for my first month of service. Confused I call customer service and am told not to worry that it will be prorated since I just started my service. OK and now I get another bill, confused I call in and am told that because my account was started (and canceled) in July - PRIOR to the start of the first month free promotion, I was not eligible.

The best they could do was give me $15 off per line. Mad I ask for a superior who says the exact same thing except he will only give me $15 off, not PER LINE like the prior person had said. I told him every time I talk to someone I get a different story and how could they pride themselves on customer service when I have been getting the worst service from the get go? He didn't care and stood firm with his HUGE $15 discount. Bunch of LIARS. I am looking for another service. This is an awful phone service despite their claims to have won customer service awards.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

This company is not even fit to be in business. I just recently opened an account less than a week ago - was approved for 3 lines then the customer service representatives screwed the account up. Now I’m not eligible for three lines when I had purchase the other two devices. I had put AppleCare Plus on both phones and for some reason the AppleCare Plus disappeared from the account! I don’t recommend this company and it’s so frustrating that I depended on them to make this phone buying and service an easy process but I was wrong and very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We have been a customer for 20 years now and the first 15 years had been smooth but we started running into issues around 5 years ago with our billing and account. The updated billing system caused our bills to be marked as paid without the money being automatically deducted by our autopay agreement. They then realized their mistake and sent a us a bill with 6 months of unpaid bills. Once we got this resolved we again had issues with our online account. For a time in excess of 2 years we were unable to make any changes to our account online, this includes upgrades and ordering new devices, adding lines, or even ordering accessories. In addition, there was usage information available, so we couldn’t see our current official data usage. This was just recently fixed this July (2018).

9/12: New iPhone Xs and Xs Max are announced by Apple to be available for preorder on 9/14. 9/13: US Cellular online support says device preorders will go live at 2:01 AM CST on 9/14. 9/14 @ 2:01 AM CST: No preorders open (finally opened at 3:45 AM). After we placed our preorder at 6:45 AM CST on 9/14 we get a confirmation with the details of our order and think all is good. Fast forward one week later to delivery day: no sign of order delivery or even order shipment. We contact USC support and are told that devices will be shipped in the order that the orders were placed and to expect up to 8 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY. Nowhere was this 8 week timeframe listed in the advertising before preordering.

We then contacted the support again after waiting a few days and were told that the promotion that was offered for preordering was as compensation for them shipping devices to retail stores rather than to preordered customers (not advertised with the promotion). This practice is not only unfair but deceptive, US Cellular and you should feel ashamed that you have treated so many paying, long time customers with such disrespect. My advice is to stay away from US Cellular and definitely don’t preorder a device and fall for their deception.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

For over 10 years I have been bragging about the excellent coverage we had with US Cellular. Expensive but still reliable for 3 smartphones. Even for the week in the Northwoods of Wisconsin where I could tether my tablet and use it for the week. Dec. 2017 added a 4th phone with all “Unlimited Data.” But this year, 2018, coverage is Extended in all areas farther than 50 miles from home. At home our phones now vary hourly from No Service to 1x to 3G, even dropping calls. And this year coverage was horrible by Eagle River, same phone, same place, same week as previous years. We could not use the Personal Hotspot because the Data was throttled because we used TOO MUCH unlimited data! Unfortunately I still have 3 phones under contract, will wait them out and look for different coverage. Over $250 a month is a lot to pay for unreliable coverage!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

On 09/14/2018 I applied for a cell phone through U.S. Cellular, gave out my private information, paid w/ cc $27.02 as good faith. They sent me 3 emails, two emails were thanking me for choosing U.S. CELLULAR as my new cell phone provider along w/ acct information acct # **, amount of $27.02 was paid, plan was total plan unlimited plus, said it would take 72 hrs for order to be process. After order is process it will then be another additional 3-5 business days for shipping after order is process.

Then today 09/17/2018 I received email saying they were sorry because they don't service area w/ 73068 as zip but there are many people who has US Cellular as their service provider. If they claim not to provide service in my area they need not to have false advertisement saying they provide service no matter where you live. I'm tired of company's not backing up their word & do as they say they can do then turn around and take your money and drop you.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Signed up for the $60 unlimited plan in Maine, because it was essentially all that worked in my area. Now that I am in Alabama, the service is even worse here than in N. Maine! They claim good coverage, but the partner coverage they provide is terrible - actually, worse than that. Calls continually dropped; constantly required to verify the number; spotty quality when connected; throttled data. Do yourself a huge favor: buy two cans of your favorite beans (empty cans, eat the beans and then wash thoroughly), get some decent thread or small rope, string the cans together, pull tight and talk. Your call will be better than this sad, sorry excuse for cell phone service, otherwise known as US Cellular.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

This has been a horrible company to deal with! We have been customers with U.S. Cellular for 13 years now and the monthly bill has gotten outrageous!!! We are paying them, over what we are paying on our mortgage payments just to keep our phones turned on! We are absolutely sick of it and are no longer going to stay with them. We are disgusted at how they treat their customers and do not recommend them to anyone. Our advice would be to find a better company to go with!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I would give them zero stars if possible. First they refused for two years to remove a dead person from the account. Even though my partner had come in with the death certificate, and a power of attorney. Two years it took to remove him. Next they TAKE FOREVER every single time we go there. The latest insult is a continuing plan by the company to make extra money off our account. Because they will charge us an extra $10 to receive a paper bill, we opted for automatic bill pay. What could go wrong?

When, Asheville Savings Bank, was purchased by, First Bank, they sent everyone new cards. Now, not changing the card info was our fault. We forgot so the phones were turned off without warning because the bill was not paid. Why they don't send a nice text message, or email telling us we missed a bill I have no idea. If they can automatically take money from a bank account I assume they can automatically drop you a note when you forget to pay. So, we pay the late fees, reinstate the lines, and go through the motions to change the card information to make sure they will deduct money from the correct bank account.

A month comes and goes, and the phones are turned off without warning again. Why would that happen when there is plenty of money, and a fixed automatic bill pay? Because somehow US Cellular is attempting to remove money from the canceled card which they assured us had been removed from the automatic bill pay. We yet again have to go through too many hours at the store while they fix their mistake. Well, it happened again. Another month has come and past where the wrong card info somehow was used to take money, and of course it is canceled, so no money to be had.

Our phones were yet again turned off without any warning. Every time we have fixed the problem they assure us it is safe. "Don't worry. IT'S AUTOMATIC BILL PAY FF SAKE!" We are taking our business elsewhere. If US Cellular is a respectable company they will remove all late fees, and charges associated with this screwup. We will pay our final bill, and never be customers again.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Long time customer (mainly because this is only company that works in our rural area). Received email stating $250 off ANY new iPhone. Went to store and purchased new iPhone SE, only to find out the next day that phone didn't qualify. Nothing in email stating it had to be an iPhone costing at least $650, absolutely nothing. So be very very careful if you receive an ad from them!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

The data throttling on my device is horrible even before the high speed data cap is gone. It still throttles itself. I can be sitting with a thousand yards of a cell tower and it makes no difference. I've tried talking to customer service on the matter and they pretty much just read off a script and say something along the lines of, "Oh well the cell towers are being worked on in your area," which is a lie because I went directly to the US Cellular store in town and asked them about cell towers being worked on in my area their reply was, "There isn't any being worked on." My speed jumps from 4G LTE to 3G and then to 1x in that order. Shortly I start getting on Facebook or watching YouTube and my wife has the same phone with the same issues. It's not the phone. It's the carrier that's to blame and they simply won't do anything to rectify it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I've had U.S. Cellular for at least 4 years. I never had this issue until we moved everything into my husband's name and now they're saying they've been doing this for a few years which is untrue. I've never had it happen while it was in my name. It started off with our new plans we didn't know when our new bill cycle ended and when the bill was due yet since we didn't receive the paper copy so we got disconnected. Okay no big deal. I called to find out how much we owed paid it and moved on with reconnect fees. I also found out that when we signed on we were supposed to be on an unlimited plan and they only put one phone on the plan and the other phone was not unlimited so they corrected that for us and I was expecting to have a fluctuating bill for that reason for the next bill or two.

So when it came time to pay I asked how much was owed they said this amount was past due and I paid it. And the next bill I hadn't figured out quite when her due date was and got turned off and call them right away and paid what they said was past due. I also asked why my next bill would be so high and that's where the problem began. I was supposed to be billed approximately $247 a month and my next bill was showing $362. I knew I had to reconnect fee which would total $50 hours but the extra 65 I was unsure where it came from. I was told that since my line was suspended before they automatically assume that I needed more time to pay and moved part of my bill to the next bill without me asking. So when I thought I was paying off my past due I wasn't really paying off what was all past due they were taking a portion and adding it to the next bill so then the next bill is higher without me realizing it.

I just thought that it was because of the plan change. This billing practices should be illegal. If I cannot make my payment I can call and make an arrangement to pay a portion of it at a time. They should not be assuming and taking some of my bill and moving it to another bill without me knowing because when I believe I'm caught up and the next bill comes I'm assuming I'm going to have to pay $247. And then surprised I actually owe 362 and then I may not have that amount and I may get disconnected and have another $50 reconnect fee and they're going to just move some of my bill over without me knowing again so that it happens again the next month.

And of course their responses I should just look at my bill and I would see that some of it would have gotten moved over. At that point it would be too late when they take a portion of your bill and move it to the next bill without telling you. You don't find out until that next bill is billed and then it is too late to do anything. If I call to pay my bill and they tell me my past due is this amount that should be the amount that I owe not what I owe minus what the computer has decided to move to the next bill and surprise me with. They're acting like I should be grateful that it's trying to help me in some way as if I get disconnected maybe I can't pay my full amount. That's fine ask me I will tell you and set up an arrangement but if I do not don't just assume and move a portion of my bill without me knowing.

And to top it off when they were explain this to me and that I had no choice in the matter if I were to get disconnected it would just assume I can't pay my whole bill and tell me to only pay a portion and move the rest to another bill. I stated that “I don't think that's right and I know other companies don't do that as well” and the lady actually was very snotty and said, “You don't know that.” And when I did tell her that I do know because I used to work for another cell phone company and had friends that worked at other cell phone companies she still wanted to be snotty and say, “You don't know that all the other companies don't do this.” I said, “No I don't know if all of them don't do it but I can tell you a majority of them don't.” I just love it when they say, “Oh you don't know what other companies do so I guess what we do is okay.” I don't think so.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I want to help people to not make the same mistake my family and I did. If you are thinking about switching to US Cellular, JUST DON'T! I had my prior phone carrier for over 15 yrs but sadly they didn't have towers in our current town. So I had no choice but to give US Cellular a try. It has been nothing but a living nightmare. They tell you one price but then charge you whatever they please. They will not help you either, they're just money hungry. I have never in my life dealt with such rude and UNPROFESSIONAL people! They are thieves and will TAKE every penny they can get. Please do some research on reviews with them before you choose them. They are HORRIBLE! I AM ACTUALLY MOVING OUT OF THIS TOWN JUST SO THAT I CAN SWITCH PHONE PROVIDERS... SMH. If I could give them a -10 stars, I most certainly would! Totally disgusted with US CELLULAR.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I purchased 2 iPhone X's, 2 phone cases, 2 glass screen protectors totaling $2252 at the US Cellular 33 Hogan Rd, Bangor Maine location. My complaint is simply that the salesperson told me that this phone would charge on my wireless charger that came in my car from the factory. I told him that the vehicle is a 2016 GMC and he still said (with conviction), "Yes. It will charge." The phone will not charge as the vehicle does not have the Qi technology. I called and spoke to the Manager at this location and all he would do was say that any one of his salespeople would have told me the same exact thing and none of his employees would know any different. He also went on to tell me that he will stand behind all of his employees.

It was a very simple situation and all I wanted to hear was... "I am so sorry that my salesperson told you that and if you are unhappy you can return it at any of our locations" (which he did say that I could return it). All I was asking him was to "own" it and all he would do was defend his salesperson. I would not have purchased this phone if I knew at the time that it would not charge in my car, I would have purchased a phone that would. I have been a US Cellular customer for 20+ years and that obviously does not mean anything to this company. I understand that you need to support your employees, but without customers, you won't need employees.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I have had my cell service for almost 2 years. In those two years we have had nothing but trouble. I guess you could have said this is my fault because my instincts said do not do this. I put down a 250.00 deposit that I was told by the gentleman who sold my daughter and I the phones that I would get it back in 6 months. That did not happen. Have not paid my phone since April. My phone is broke. I cannot see the screen, get my info off of it or retain any of my items on the phone. I have called several times and all I get is the runaround. As soon as I am back to work I will be switching phone companies. I am sorry to say I will not recommend this phone company.

Resolution response: July 21, 2018

They refund me the full amount and I can now say could recom this service.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I had a great experience when I first went this carrier and went back 2nd time at the end of the month. I want to change my plan. Told them what I need and they did not give me what I ask for. Ask for a refund. Never got and I went back to my old carrier. Glad I did.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I had US Cellular while living in SE Kansas. I bought a Samsung Note 4 on eBay (after checking with US Cellular TWICE to make sure it was clear and they could activate). They activated it and collected money from me for 3 plus years. When I moved to Lawrence I wanted to change providers but still use my Note 4. US Cellular said it was unlocked, yet I could not get it activated with any provider. I called US Cellular and was told that they had no record of me using that Note 4 and that it was blacklisted.

We went back and forth and they are insisting I never used it with them and they cannot take it off the blacklist. They keep saying I must have another Note 4, like calling me a liar. I have only owned one Note 4, and you activated it. Now I have a phone I cannot use or sell because you refuse to correct the blacklisting error. I am now with Cricket, paying $20 a month less and getting better service. I had to buy another phone, thanks to you. You have lost a customer for life and I will share my experience with others.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I have had US Cellular for 10+ years...I have lived in the same area all of this time. Over the past 6 months, my service is going from LTE to 3G and 1x and dropping calls left and right. Both my mom and dad just switched over and my dad drops EVERY call he makes. They are in the same area as me. I have a friend who actually called to complain to US Cellular and they told her it must just be a fluke. Really. A fluke. My battery starts out at 100% during the day and with minimal usage is at 30% by noon- this is a NEW phone with no applications running in the background...it's just searching for tower signals constantly! I have spoke with my boyfriend and we are switching to a different carrier, it's not worth the hassle and dismissiveness of the carrier.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Their coverage service is great. However, if you have a billing issue, cross your fingers, hope, and DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! Watch your billing if you don't have unlimited everything. They will bite you if you travel outside your area, or roam outside. I was in the middle of nowhere Nevada - between Elko and Wells. Had great service, however I was surprised with nearly a $1000 cellular bill... because of the 'late roaming' charges... and claims I was 'over my minutes.' When the calls were put on a spreadsheet, and sorted by actual date of the calls, I was 'within' the limits. But because of the delays in their 'out of carrier' minutes reports, they calculated them at 'when they were reported' rather than when the calls were made. The first time they credited without issue, the second and third time, despite knowing I traveled all over the USA, they refused to apply the math correctly. It was a huge fight...

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have been with US Cellular ever since they had the bag phone and I have been ok with their service. There has been many issues but we continued to stay with them. But now for the last three years their coverage areas that they say gets good signals has consistently gotten worse. They advertise on television that they can make a phone call from the dessert. If that’s true why can’t I make a call from my home. I have most of the time no service or 1 bar. My calls won’t go out and they won’t come through. Text messaging is extremely slow sending with call failed constantly. Sending a picture is a joke.

For the past year we have been so discussing along with 1,000’s of customers in our area. It is not only at our homes but on the highway, in a building, at church in the store that we absolutely cannot use our phones. Something needs fixed or the company needs to quit lying about the coverage. We live in Stigler, Enterprise, Porum, Whitefield, Longtown areas, all in Oklahoma where the service is hard to get. Aggravation does not even describe how we feel. Yet they have one of the only services for cellphones in our area. Upset customers.

Original review: June 13, 2018

This wireless carrier is good on monthly price for unlimited services but their service is hit and miss when out of town or out of state. Was recently traveling to SC and didn't have good reception through TN, KY, IL and SC. There was a cell tower right outside where we were staying in SC and still we had no service, had to go several miles up the road to get service/reception. Contacted U.S. Cellular when we got back home to MO and was told we had to contact them from where we were not getting service, this was not possible, we had no service to contact them with. Very disappointed in their service.

Original review: June 9, 2018

6 GB of phone data, 1 GB of tablet data for less than $55/month. Good customer service either in store or on phone. Coverage sometimes puts you in roam mode, or low signal strength depending on where you're at. Not always 4G service.

U.S. Cellular expert review by ConsumerAffairs

U.S. Cellular is one of the largest wireless carriers in the United States. It was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Chicago. The company offers traditional plans and no-contract, unlimited prepaid plans, called Simple Connect Plans, for basic phones and smartphones.

• Canada and Mexico: U.S. Cellular customers can make unlimited calls and send unlimited texts to individuals in Canada and Mexico for a single additional fee each month.

• Included features: All of U.S. Cellular’s Simple Connect Prepaid Plans come with several features, including three-way calling, call waiting and voicemail. Some plans also have caller ID.

• Refer-A-Friend: U.S. Cellular customers can earn up to $550 when they refer individuals who sign up for a U.S. Cellular prepaid plan or contract plan. Both the new and the existing customer receive $50.

• Plans: All Simple Connect Plans for smartphones come with unlimited talk and text. Consumers can decide how much high-speed data they want and choose a plan that provides more or less data, depending on their needs. Additional data is free but is not 4G LTE.

• Refill options: Customers can refill their minutes online, by phone, in person or by purchasing a refill card at major national retailers. Customers can also sign up for automatic refills.

• Best for: U.S. Cellular Simple Connect is best for parents, business owners and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs