U.S. Cellular Reviews

U.S. Cellular
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.81/5

U.S. Cellular Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I have needed a new phone now for a while. I was thrilled with my experience with Britley. She was over the top helpful and I I have no complaints. She made it a lot less stressful going through the process.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I've been a customer for several years and never have had issues with anything major. My only gripe is calling themselves US Cellular is a bit misleading as they are not located throughout the US. Prior to my purchase I was told Arkansas was covered but after my purchase Arkansas became a place I would roam consistently and constantly. Other than that they are great and always helpful.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I have used several providers, was unhappy with all of them. US Cellular is the only one that I've been satisfied with. The service is excellent, I walk into the store with a problem and it's solved, I call with a problem and it's solved, The price and plans are something I can afford. They are always friendly and helpful and the only one I have wanted to stay with.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I was told by salesperson in Peterborough NH US Cellular store that I could purchase a cellular hot spot, take it home and see how much internet speed I got and if not satisfied, return it within 14 days for no charge. I tried it, got no more speed than the dial up modem I already had and returned it within 7 days. I verified that I would be charged nothing. Yet I received a bill for $12.90 for cellular usage. I spoke to a manager and they refused to remove the charge. The information I got was misleading at best, dishonest at worst.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I called the company to order over the phone, and told them everything she needed to know about my account which I was added a line on my account, cause when she go in the store you have to wait over hour to get to someone to apply for service with them which is ridiculous. So I called them over the phone like I said. All went good, pay for the phone, and the phone was sent out. Couldn't wait to get it. Well I check in my email said the US Cellular team had wanted the phone returned back to them. Had not even reached the destination so that was so unfair.

After done paid for it, was all said and done, sent out and they wanted returned back to them over some stupid ridiculous problem in the system, well for my opinion if you paid for the phone, said all is good, you will get the out in 3 days and was sent out and then returned back to you over some ridiculous stupid problem on your end and want be go back into to store and wait over hour again just to add a line no way will I do that again!!!! You're so unfair to this customer. Would not recommend you to nobody. So unfair rude service, no company as I know would never do this to any their customers, who would want to wait 1 hour or over for apply for your service in store cause you're so stupid slow and be so rude to, NOBODY!!!! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!! Unsatisfied.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Purchased a Samsung S20 ultra phone. This phone is garbage. Save your money! You are taking a chance that you will get a working phone with no issues. Then you will have the challenge of working with customer service who will only refer you to Samsung. What a waste of time!!! I now have a very expensive paperweight and hours wasted on the phone trying to get things resolved. US Cellular made a profit on this sale, yet they are not willing to help. Well lesson learned. I will be changing providers as soon as contract is up. Please check all reviews before buying this phone, it might save you time and money!!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Started an order with U.S. Cellular for my mother. After 3 days still no phone hooked up. Repeatedly switched from one person to next. Promised callbacks. I drive to mother's only to have no calls. Promise after promise all broke. Was closing time. After 2 hours, "Let me call you back." No call. You call back. Closed for the night. Get on with live chat. Same. Disconnect after hours. Still no phone elderly mother. I can go on and on. Talked retention, switch back to customer service. Mother was with phone company for 56 years and we foolishly switched to U. S. CELLULAR. Email me. Can get into more specific. Terrible terrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

They told us that our monthly bill would be 125.00 and the lowest it has been is 163.00. My husband has a flip phone and has nothing but problems and they will do nothing to assist him. We will cancel.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

We've had terrible service in Wautoma, WI since February 2020; friends in the area complain of the same thing and then others we spoke with across the state are having the same issues. No bars, very little service. Their Engineers tell us it's due to a tower switch (they took the close one away from us) and it will be months before anything changes. Ok...but now we learn the entire state has issues so the explanation holds no water. We'd love to change but no one else services our area. To top it off, we switched to their internet...boy are we kicking ourselves! There are times we can't even make a call from our living room. Their service used to be great; I used to have service when so many others did not. Now, it's just bottom of the barrel and they apparently aren't going to do anything about it.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I'm sure U.S Cellular rips people off. It would be nice to have someone go through all my bills with them to find the discrepancies because I'm sure there would be a lot! This company hires people that don't even have the same information to give customers and it's always a different story or a different reason why the customer is wrong and paying so much, bills are supposed to be one amount but come in at ridiculous prices every single month, they give you "credits" back each month but you can't find these credits within your bill; just them saying "credited this amount" and they expect you to believe you got some credit back when its a LIE!

They spread false propoganda during COVID saying they will remove late fees but that's A LIE as well. This company didn't help even with late fees during the hardest times for people. You shouldn't have to call and beg to be given something they were saying they were going to do regardless on TV, radio, ADS, ETC. If you want to pay high prices, I would suggest going to Verizon where at least the service is WAY BETTER and you won't run into so many problems as you would at U.S Cellular.

U.S. Cellular author review by ConsumerAffairs

U.S. Cellular is one of the largest wireless carriers in the United States. It was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Chicago. The company offers traditional plans and no-contract, unlimited prepaid plans, called Simple Connect Plans, for basic phones and smartphones.

• Canada and Mexico: U.S. Cellular customers can make unlimited calls and send unlimited texts to individuals in Canada and Mexico for a single additional fee each month.

• Included features: All of U.S. Cellular’s Simple Connect Prepaid Plans come with several features, including three-way calling, call waiting and voicemail. Some plans also have caller ID.

• Refer-A-Friend: U.S. Cellular customers can earn up to $550 when they refer individuals who sign up for a U.S. Cellular prepaid plan or contract plan. Both the new and the existing customer receive $50.

• Plans: All Simple Connect Plans for smartphones come with unlimited talk and text. Consumers can decide how much high-speed data they want and choose a plan that provides more or less data, depending on their needs. Additional data is free but is not 4G LTE.

• Refill options: Customers can refill their minutes online, by phone, in person or by purchasing a refill card at major national retailers. Customers can also sign up for automatic refills.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team