U.S. Cellular Reviews

U.S. Cellular
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.10/5

U.S. Cellular Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?

Original review: May 8, 2020

I've been a customer for several years and never have had issues with anything major. My only gripe is calling themselves US Cellular is a bit misleading as they are not located throughout the US. Prior to my purchase I was told Arkansas was covered but after my purchase Arkansas became a place I would roam consistently and constantly. Other than that they are great and always helpful.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I have used several providers, was unhappy with all of them. US Cellular is the only one that I've been satisfied with. The service is excellent, I walk into the store with a problem and it's solved, I call with a problem and it's solved, The price and plans are something I can afford. They are always friendly and helpful and the only one I have wanted to stay with.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2020

I had to replace my old smartphone but couldn't afford to!! I got a smartphone & am paying monthly payments for the phone. I live in a mobile home with a steel roof & the new phone doesn't work in my house!!! Facebook works, but have to go outside to make or answer calls???? That is not fun in the wintertime or on rainy days !!! They said it would be better when 5G came in, but it hasn't!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

When I was a carrier of US Mobile Phone I enjoyed the quality of customer service support I received whenever I needed to get a problem solved. The staff knew how to handle every issue I came across in a timely manner. When I decided to go to a different carrier they thanked me for my service and support. I found that to be a good part of the company.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

My family lives on the outskirts of Des Moines, IA and we are new customers of US Cellular. We signed up for the promotional plan 4 lines for $30 each. Got our first bill and it was higher than quoted. I was upset when I first saw it and finally called in since the online login system is down and couldn't sign into my account to get the issue resolved. I spoke to Brandon in billing and he was GREAT! The first thing I said was that it appeared our bill was incorrect and that we are new customers. Brandon was very patient and calmly stated he would take a look and see what was going on.

He then proceeded to go through every line item of my bill, indicating which page I should go to and what cost to look at. It was almost like he was standing right next to me looking at it too. I told him I didn't understand where some of the summary charges were coming from on the front page and he directed me to each of the pages where those charges were coming from and added them up for me to get the total on the summary page.

I also let him know what we were quoted at the store and there was one discrepancy that the sales person didn't explain correctly. We were told if we signed up for auto pay we would get another $10 off our bill each month, but I learned from Brandon that that is actually already built into the promotion plan of 4 lines for $30 each. He said he always tries to err on the side of misunderstanding instead of thinking the sales person is trying to be deceptive. He himself used to be on the sales floor so he has a diverse perspective and is more understanding. Great quality to have.

He named the sales person we worked with and said he would provide that feedback to make sure this person understands the promotion correctly and is quoting customers correctly going forward. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Every customer service person should be just as patient and communicative as Brandon was with me. I was a US Cellular customer 15 years ago and always had a great experience. For me, it is still the same great experience as it was many years ago. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

We've had terrible service in Wautoma, WI since February 2020; friends in the area complain of the same thing and then others we spoke with across the state are having the same issues. No bars, very little service. Their Engineers tell us it's due to a tower switch (they took the close one away from us) and it will be months before anything changes. Ok...but now we learn the entire state has issues so the explanation holds no water. We'd love to change but no one else services our area. To top it off, we switched to their internet...boy are we kicking ourselves! There are times we can't even make a call from our living room. Their service used to be great; I used to have service when so many others did not. Now, it's just bottom of the barrel and they apparently aren't going to do anything about it.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

I'm sure U.S Cellular rips people off. It would be nice to have someone go through all my bills with them to find the discrepancies because I'm sure there would be a lot! This company hires people that don't even have the same information to give customers and it's always a different story or a different reason why the customer is wrong and paying so much, bills are supposed to be one amount but come in at ridiculous prices every single month, they give you "credits" back each month but you can't find these credits within your bill; just them saying "credited this amount" and they expect you to believe you got some credit back when its a LIE!

They spread false propoganda during COVID saying they will remove late fees but that's A LIE as well. This company didn't help even with late fees during the hardest times for people. You shouldn't have to call and beg to be given something they were saying they were going to do regardless on TV, radio, ADS, ETC. If you want to pay high prices, I would suggest going to Verizon where at least the service is WAY BETTER and you won't run into so many problems as you would at U.S Cellular.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

Been with US Cellular for 18 years. They use to be the BEST RECEPTION in our rural area, but more expensive. We loved them, until 3 1/2 years ago.... DROPPED CALLS, NO 4G HALF THE TIME, NO SERVICE UNTIL WE DRIVE TO TOWN.... AND WE BOUGHT A $400 booster to help, 2 years ago. I have called them several times and complained.... They say they are upgrading to 5g, and it will be fixed soon... They have given me discounts on my monthly service, but I'm going to switch services.... I'm tired of the bad service, NOW. I have been patient enough. And come to find out they borrow Towers from T-Mobile AT&T and Verizon. And those companies didn't used to get good service where I live. But now they are excellent in our rural area.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

US Cellular is the absolute worst cell phone I have ever had, been stuck with them almost 2 years waiting for contract to run out. More dropped calls than I have ever had with any other company, no service about 75% of the time and the internet is the slowest I have ever seen when it is working but most of the time it won't even open the home page to use it. I can't wait to switch companies. I will never use them again and absolutely would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I live in WV and it used to be that US Cellular was the only carrier with service at my house. For about 3 years, it was fine. In the past 6 months both my neighbor and I can barely make or receive calls.

U.S. Cellular author review by ConsumerAffairs

U.S. Cellular is one of the largest wireless carriers in the United States. It was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Chicago. The company offers traditional plans and no-contract, unlimited prepaid plans, called Simple Connect Plans, for basic phones and smartphones.

• Canada and Mexico: U.S. Cellular customers can make unlimited calls and send unlimited texts to individuals in Canada and Mexico for a single additional fee each month.

• Included features: All of U.S. Cellular’s Simple Connect Prepaid Plans come with several features, including three-way calling, call waiting and voicemail. Some plans also have caller ID.

• Refer-A-Friend: U.S. Cellular customers can earn up to $550 when they refer individuals who sign up for a U.S. Cellular prepaid plan or contract plan. Both the new and the existing customer receive $50.

• Plans: All Simple Connect Plans for smartphones come with unlimited talk and text. Consumers can decide how much high-speed data they want and choose a plan that provides more or less data, depending on their needs. Additional data is free but is not 4G LTE.

• Refill options: Customers can refill their minutes online, by phone, in person or by purchasing a refill card at major national retailers. Customers can also sign up for automatic refills.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team