U.S. Cellular

U.S. Cellular Reviews

3.7/5 (337 ratings)

About U.S. Cellular Reviews

U.S. Cellular Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?

Original review: July 28, 2021

The manager at this store has terrible social skills. She gives out misleading information to everyone.. One day she’s okay with things next she’s not doing it.. I absolutely dislike this store & how they handle things...

Original review: July 17, 2021

Their service is HORRIBLE! I wouldn't give it 1 star if I didn't have to! You can be extremely close to one of their towers and not have any Network at all! Along I-40 between Checotah and Shawnee you can't make calls because it never has any Network Service Available! Constantly getting Dropped Calls! Between Quinton and Wilburton, we have came upon wrecks and there's NO SERVICE! I am currently checking into other Carriers because this is the WORST service ever! When you're on Pre-Paid, you don't get the same network as Contract plans! It's Crazy!! I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND US CELLULAR to anyone!

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2021

The assistant at this particular cellular store did not want to help me in any way or shape or form, I called and asked for help about switching my services but they declined and hung up for no good reason but for the fact that they weren't gonna get money from me anymore, sorry to tell you but acting like a little kid isn’t going to make me want to stay on your services any longer so goodbye U.S. Cellular, hello Straight Talk, no disrespect towards all us cellular employees but nobody wants to pay for a service that doesn’t provide what they inform you with in the first place, it’s misleading and I’m sick of angry coworkers not being able to get a hold of me, have a good day.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Poor to no reception. If you use their service you need a 5G phone. I did not expect to have to replace 2 newer phones or buy signal boosters. When I buy a service I expect it to be reliable. They were in the past, but haven't been for several months now.

Original review: July 4, 2021

Ordered iPad 12.9 5th generation 1tb color space on May 24, 2021. I made the purchase online through US Cellular out of an existing account that I have had for several years. After placing the order online through my account paid extra for next day delivery, I still have not received my iPad. Called US Cellular four times. All they could tell me that model with 1tb is out of stock and they have no idea of any information when will they receive their iPads inventory from Apple/iPad distribution center. US Cellular only answer was to me I can cancel the iPad if I don’t want to wait. My experience on this purchase is that US Cellular shouldn’t advertise anything that’s not in stock and process the sale if they don’t have it in stock as well to process the sale without letting the customer know if not in stock options.

Original review: June 23, 2021

My 85 yr old mother went to their office and they told her that they could reduce her monthly payment if she would go with them. They sold her a cell phone, a tablet, answering machine and house phone. She doesn’t even have a computer or WiFi. She has had this package for 5-6 yrs. Her phone stopped working in March or April. I spent 12 hrs talking with people and they turned her tablet off because she wasn’t using it.

We switched companies in April. That company requested her phone number in April. USCellular also locked her cell phone that day. I went to the local office and they told me my first mistake was calling customer service but they couldn’t help me and I would have to call customer service. I went to the car and call them and the man said we didn’t owe anything else but they owed us $15:00. June we received another bill for 73.53. I called today and spoke to 5 people and they said we never turned her cell phone off and that was for that. These people are a bunch of crooks. They take advantage of old people. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: June 19, 2021

I've been a customer for 17 years. I have never seen a bunch of lie pack in one room. I've been having problems with a LG-K22 cellphone for four months and the whole time they won't help with a phone they sold me. I went to their store and played back and forth between the company and the store telling me it was my problem. You sold me a lemon phone from LG. Then they bought the phone back for five dollars. Then they sell me a new phone for 50.00 dollars. They fix my problem for more money. I know they will fix the problem and sell that same phone as a new phone for at lease for 100.00 dollars. So I say don't buy from U.S. cellular. Go somewhere else.

Original review: May 25, 2021

US Cellular is a bunch of criminals and scammer. They have credits and fees that you have no clue what they are for. I have been a loyal customer for 10 years. When you want a new phone you don't get a free one like new customers and you are suckered into paying for a phone with monthly payments. But there is a catch. When you buy the phone you get a deal. Well guess what if you pay it off early you lose the deal. Wait, it gets better once you pay your last 30 dollar payment you lose a credit and your monthly payment stays the exact same! They are crooks you pay the same amount whether you have a monthly phone payment or not. Needless to say I switched to Spectrum 45/month unlimited no **! My bill went down 120 dollars a month!

Original review: May 6, 2021

I have an Unlimited Data Plan with US Cellular in the Madison, WI area. US Cellular’s Coverage Map indicates that I should have 5G Data with “Best” Voice Coverage. When I moved to this address two years ago I noticed right away issues texting my roommate in the other room, he'd never get me texts. Just within the last year, as I started working from home for the pandemic, I noticed I get no bars for coverage in my home office. I couldn't make/take phone calls inside my house. Dropped calls in 2021…unheard of. There are also some dead spots in this surrounding area. Despite the Coverage Map not indicating so. The main issue is at my home address. The only option I have is to step outside in the yard.

I've called numerous times for help but I get conflicting information. Some advised to reset networks settings, some advice to turn on VoLTE, some advise to turn it off. We have also gone as far as to cut down the trees around the corner of the house where my home office is. Still nothing has helped. I can turn on WiFi calling and that may help, but I pay for an unlimited plan, and have to connect to WiFi already for my data because even my data doesn't work in this house sometimes either.

I've spoken with Tier 2 Tech Support, they've acknowledged all of the dropped calls and all of the exhausted efforts and advised that where I am located, I am right on the cusp of a 4G and 5G network coming together. The Coverage Map contradicts this, and even still… I shouldn’t have dropped calls or dead data. They have no confidence in their coverage that one rep even suggested to cancel my service and switch to a different provider.

I also spoke with customer service retention as I wanted to see what the cost to cancel would be of which I can't afford. The rep in retention also suggested a signal booster for my house but they want $400 for that. I am already paying for the service/date of which I don’t even use, I shouldn’t have to pay to boost the service. Other providers offer boosters for free. This rep fought me on it and would only offer a $200 discount but advised it wouldn’t be a guarantee to work. I declined. At this point I have exhausted all attempts to resolve this issue. I am paying for a service that I can’t use and US Cellular won’t even acknowledge it nor resolve it.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I was told by salesperson in Peterborough NH US Cellular store that I could purchase a cellular hot spot, take it home and see how much internet speed I got and if not satisfied, return it within 14 days for no charge. I tried it, got no more speed than the dial up modem I already had and returned it within 7 days. I verified that I would be charged nothing. Yet I received a bill for $12.90 for cellular usage. I spoke to a manager and they refused to remove the charge. The information I got was misleading at best, dishonest at worst.

U.S. Cellular author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

U.S. Cellular is one of the largest wireless carriers in the United States. It was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Chicago. The company offers traditional plans and no-contract, unlimited prepaid plans, called Simple Connect Plans, for basic phones and smartphones.

• Canada and Mexico: U.S. Cellular customers can make unlimited calls and send unlimited texts to individuals in Canada and Mexico for a single additional fee each month.

• Included features: All of U.S. Cellular’s Simple Connect Prepaid Plans come with several features, including three-way calling, call waiting and voicemail. Some plans also have caller ID.

• Refer-A-Friend: U.S. Cellular customers can earn up to $550 when they refer individuals who sign up for a U.S. Cellular prepaid plan or contract plan. Both the new and the existing customer receive $50.

• Plans: All Simple Connect Plans for smartphones come with unlimited talk and text. Consumers can decide how much high-speed data they want and choose a plan that provides more or less data, depending on their needs. Additional data is free but is not 4G LTE.

• Refill options: Customers can refill their minutes online, by phone, in person or by purchasing a refill card at major national retailers. Customers can also sign up for automatic refills.

U.S. Cellular Company Information