1.41/5

U.S. Cellular Reviews

692 U.S. Cellular Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I don’t quite understand all the bad reviews. I have had nothing but fantastic service for years. I travel a lot for my work 300 + miles a day on average in 3 states. I very rarely have dead zones. We have three phones and a tablet and iPad on our account. We live in rural area in Kansas and other carriers cannot provide service other than Verizon which is much higher priced and lower quality service. I recently upgraded my Galaxy S8 plus that I got 2 years ago. It was a great phone but was ready for an upgrade. I especially like the finance option. They let you pay for the latest phones in monthly payments. We also got an iPhone for our daughter free after bill credits. We are on the unlimited data plan and receive a discount on it because we have multiple lines.

I upgraded to iPhone XS Max and could not be happier. Love their specials on phones and tablets. I also got a $600 iPad for under $200 at only $5 a month plus $15 a month for data plan. Also every time I call or chat to customer service they are always very nice and helpful. They even gave me a credit on my bill because I was thinking of changing carriers. As long as they keep the customer service as it is now I will be a customer for life.

Original review: July 2, 2019

Spoke with Jessica in customer service and was extremely delighted with the service. She gave us and addition 1 GB for our Data plan. The only time we use more than our current 2GB is during our summer vacations. Jessica appreciated that we were long time (over 24 years) customers so she gave us the additional 1 GB at no charge. Not many companies will you find that will do this. Especially Cable companies. We were delighted and surprised at her kindness. This kind of service is what has kept us with US Cell for all these years. Thank you Jessica and US Cell.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I’m certain switching to U.S. Cellular and taking advantage of their amazing deal on the iPhones is the best solution for our fam's cell needs. I appreciate Natasha ** knowledge, and friendly willingness to go over all of our options with patience and a smile to make sure we got the exact package that’s right for us, and fit our budget. Our experience has been excellent. I wish I could’ve given 4 1/2 stars instead of just 4, but I reserve the perfect scores for something like being the lucky twenty millionth customer and winning free lifetime service, or a free one week trip to Las Vegas for the wife and I????

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I have not had any issues with coverage. When the storm came, I was the only one in my house that could get service... Everyone was using my phone... My husband is thinking about getting a phone and I told him can't go wrong with US Cellular. #Winning

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I am a former Verizon customer since 2011, in 2019 my roommate talk me into US Cellular, which basic on $200 device buy back, and $150 dollar. First issue he was supposed to get $100 referral amount, he got nothing. I qualify for $75 of up $200 cellphone pay off - I have not seen nothing yet. Also $150 dollar $30 dollar a month for 5 month also have not seen it yet.

However, not the major issue. The internet get less 3 mbps very sucky speed for a Samsung Galaxy 8 Plus vs Verizon 30 to 50 mbps internet speed on unlimited plan. Basically not enough speed to run a cellphone without constant connection errors. You almost pay the same price for horrible service - very disappointed in US Cellular. They should at least make sure their customers get 10 mbps so their cellphone run correctly. What expect from TDS which own US Cellular. TDS was a horrible internet provider who provided poor quality internet services as alternative to cable and ATT which was both better provider of internet. If don't believe my review please try Verizon for a week if US Cellular customer. You be shock how much better your phone perform day to day. Very disappointed by US Cellular.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

As a business that previously had Verizon, and thought U.S. Cell was less expensive. We could have not been more wrong. The Service is terrible. There is not a day that goes by that our phones don't drop multiple calls. It doesn't matter where we are, on the Freeway where most cell towers are located, or in a Suburban area, our cellular service is bad. When you travel and are in their "Partner" coverage areas the service is even worse. You will be lucky to get a 3G signal that will drain your phone twice as fast. We are located in Wisconsin, their home state. Their service is terrible. They most certainly do not live up to their slogan "Works in the middle of Anywhere".

Original review: July 13, 2019

This US Cellular in Branson Missouri does not accept returns even on the same day if you test out the earbuds. The people that work there were very nice, but their hands are tied. I purchased some earbuds that cost $200 and the sound quality was very cheap, had no base. I called them within a few hours of purchasing them on the same day and they said they could not return them or even exchange. Never shop at a place that does not take back their product that is not up to a customer standard especially at that cost.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I have been a long time customer of this company with 3 lines. I have never 1x went over my data limit. I had good coverage everywhere I went, never had a problem. I paid off my phone (24 dollars a month for 2 years). Shortly after (like less than 2 weeks) I noticed I was no longer 4g. I was always 3g and would sometimes read 1x. Couldn't load anything unless I was on wifi. After complaining they sent a new 4g sim for my phone and the tech did some crap to it and lo and behold was told my area was no longer 4g. Although there's a US cell tower within blocks of me.

Next issue not 2 weeks into the month I used 6g of data. That's 3 more than I have ever used, plus phone on wifi. This month 6.91g. Again most always on wifi. And on the new bill it says 4g is being billed by a partner company now. Ridiculous. Have health problems and on a fixed budget my bill was 85.00 this month for 2 weeks or less of data usage. So unhappy with this company, I'm jumping on the class action train on this one.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I had been with US Cellular for 19 long years. With a single plan I was paying over $65/month so I looked into ** and decided to make the change (now paying HALF of USC cost), doing so about 3 days prior to the end of the billing period I had already paid for. NOW I GET A "FINAL BILL" FOR OVER $62. When I called they said, "We bill and you pay a month BEHIND." I said NO ONE does that with cell service. Later I scoured my user agreement and it said I'm billed a MONTH in ADVANCE. These folks are crooks, avoid them at all costs!

Original review: June 11, 2019

I must say, they sold me very quickly with all these "benefits", "feature" and "promises" of amazing quality, I just couldn't believe it! And I shouldn't of. Unfortunately, they were real promises made behind fake obstacles. A small fee here, a fee there, now the plan price, no biggie.. Turns out I'm paying over twice as much for the plan than the phone itself. Suddenly I don't want to pay for someone else's free full course meal, EVERY DAY. Now I feel like a fool, stuck in a contract, so I can't switch my phone to another carrier and I understand that. But wait... there's more.

Apparently, I also do not own the number that I am SEPARATELY paying for, who knew it also had a balance that needed to be filled before owning it. That's right, I can't switch my phone because it's locked but I also can't have the phone number that I've been paying ownership of. I can't tell which one is worse now, ATT or this.. thing of a company. Customer service can't help you since they're more than likely minimum paid Jacks and Jills who are told to "just deal with it" whenever they answer a call.

U.S. Cellular expert review by ConsumerAffairs

U.S. Cellular is one of the largest wireless carriers in the United States. It was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Chicago. The company offers traditional plans and no-contract, unlimited prepaid plans, called Simple Connect Plans, for basic phones and smartphones.

• Canada and Mexico: U.S. Cellular customers can make unlimited calls and send unlimited texts to individuals in Canada and Mexico for a single additional fee each month.

• Included features: All of U.S. Cellular’s Simple Connect Prepaid Plans come with several features, including three-way calling, call waiting and voicemail. Some plans also have caller ID.

• Refer-A-Friend: U.S. Cellular customers can earn up to $550 when they refer individuals who sign up for a U.S. Cellular prepaid plan or contract plan. Both the new and the existing customer receive $50.

• Plans: All Simple Connect Plans for smartphones come with unlimited talk and text. Consumers can decide how much high-speed data they want and choose a plan that provides more or less data, depending on their needs. Additional data is free but is not 4G LTE.

• Refill options: Customers can refill their minutes online, by phone, in person or by purchasing a refill card at major national retailers. Customers can also sign up for automatic refills.

• Best for: U.S. Cellular Simple Connect is best for parents, business owners and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs