2.18/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

U.S. Cellular

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

587 U.S. Cellular Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Stealing money from college freshman when no bill is owed - Roughly 2 weeks ago her phone was turned off. When she called customer service all she got was "make a payment". Repeatedly!! She knew there was no amount due but she transferred funds to get her phone on. First week all we could get from anyone was it could take 20 days to get it back and now someone finally contacted her from corporate and said "Now it's on your account. Too late. Sorry." WHAT A SCAM!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I have had an employee partner discount for 6 years. Recently, I received an email to renew my Partner Employee Discount (PED). The email said I could "stop by one of our retail locations to verify that you meet the program's eligibility requirements." I did so on August 3, 2017 and the customer service rep, Josh at the LaVale, MD location said I was "good". Then, on September 27, 2017, I received a "final notice" email. I attempted to call the LaVale location, but was transferred to customer service, who directed me to a web address I could not find on the U.S. Cellular site.

So, on September 31, I went BACK to the U.S. Cellular store in LaVale and spoke with Sandy. I was there for 45 to 60 minutes. She assured me that my discount was "good to go". Today, October 10, 2017 I received TWO (duplicate) letters that I do not qualify for the PED. I drove to U.S. Cellular in LaVale AGAIN (for the 3rd time). I queried about the PED and, in fact, my company is a partner. I handed the rep the two letters and told her to "fix it" as I have spent hours attempting to remedy this confusion. I was told if I do not wait for another customer service rep to help me, I will not get my PED. I am currently looking into other providers.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

As 20 year customers of US Cellular, we remained on the same family plan for over a decade. When we finally moved to smartphones, we were paying about $150/month for 4 lines and slow network speeds. A few years ago we changed plans to get up to 10MB between 3 data lines, and 2 non data lines. I did not want our payment to exceed $200, and was assured it would not. The first bill was $228. I learned that in addition to the wrong plan amount, my discount was removed and not reapplied.

This summer we were over our data limit, and elected to move to an unlimited data plan. AGAIN, I was quoted $210-220/month, and we were charged $355. After review, I was being charged additional fees, and non data lines had data connect fees, basically $140 in overcharges that were not authorized. In conjunction with these errors in billing, I scheduled an online payment on August 1. At the end of August I was notified my account was past due. After checking my account, the payment showed completed, so I was confused how I was past due. It was that review where I found the errors on my billing. After reconciliation of my checking account, the payment showing "completed" never came out of my account which had more than enough funds. The routing and account info had not been changed in the 20 years I had my US Cellular account, so it was not a entry error.

When I brought US Cellular's attention to the issue it was September. They promoted me to pay online. The attempt to pay was met with an error that said my account was locked. I notified US Cellular and they said the lock was removed and to try payment again. Now, mid September, again the payment was rejected. I notified them the payment was still not enabled online. My service was suspended without notice. I had to email a customer service rep I dealt with previously, and he restored our service and agreed to provide requested paper statements to enable me to review the statements and pay by check. That correspondence and payment agreement was written in email.

The record shows a rep called, named Sarah who was extremely rude and acted like a bill collector. She had no concern for my issues, simply wanting payment. I repeatedly told her it was taken care of with Joe. I'm customer service via email, and she persisted. She ended the call by disconnecting and noted I agreed to pay by October 1. It took 2.5 weeks to get the statements and mail payment. On October 3, without warning, my service was suspended at 5:30 pm. I called at 5:46 pm, and the automated system said I would be called back in 4 minutes. No call. At 6:20 I called again and stayed on hold. After 3.5 hours with 3 departments, 7 representatives, and 2 calls, I was met with different stories and different amounts necessary to restore service.

At no point did US Cellular ever acknowledge the error on their website, the billing issues, the bait and switch tactics, the failures in service or consistency, or their reneging on the written, agreed payment plan, let alone did my 20 years of being a customer come into play. In fact, at no point did my 20 years of being a customer have any impact.

When I asked if they would simply restore my service, and trust that check in the mail to arrive based on my 20 years as a customer, I was told they simply wanted payment. It didn't matter that the problem was caused by US Cellular. It didn't matter I was overcharged or proactively reached out to resolve the issue. It didn't matter that I asked what I should get for being a 20 year customer with 5 lines, and plenty of family as customers. My $600 was immediately required, and they didn't care if they lost me as a customer or anyone I associated, just $600. Not a blink of an eye at that. They tried to rip me off. They preferred to lose me as a customer than restore service and wait a few days. What's the point of being a customer with a company like this?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Sometimes long wait or hard to understand on phone when need customer service. Often get different answers depending on who happens to receive the call.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

We use U.S. Cellular in our small business and we have 22 cell phones for our employees. Service is great with reception and reliability for our employees and our clients as communication is a very key factor in our business. We deal with doctors and other health professionals daily.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I have a prepaid account so my monthly payment doesn't change and data doesn't stop, just slows down when I go over which is great. Price is good for what I get.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I'm hiding my real name for this review so as to prevent retaliatory action by this company. About a month ago, my girlfriend, her mother, and I all went into U.S. Cellular to change our plan and get new phones. It was the first time in four years we had done so. We had been living under an absolutely horrendous data plan that allowed a maximum of 2GB between the three of us. For many months, we had been exceeding that data allotment and incurring large overage fees. We always paid our bills, but these fees were crippling to our finances. When we went into the U.S. Cellular store to get the plan changed, the salesman promised us that the new unlimited plans offered no hidden fees. He quoted our monthly bill at $230 a month, which isn't bad for three lines and the payments associated with three high-price phones. He charged us the taxes on the phone purchase up front and told us they would not be double-billed.

First month bill comes, and it's for around $325. Almost a hundred dollars more than we were quoted. I noticed the tax charge was on this bill as well. I called the customer service line and was told that the tax was on the bill but the credit for the amount we paid was also on the bill. I asked why the bill was so high then, and the rep chalked it up to the remaining overage charges from our previous plan, plus prorating the two days we were on that old plan for the month. This seemed logical, though I haven't been able to verify her numbers. However, she then told me my next month bill would be about $250 before taxes. Still $20 more than we were promised when we changed plans (and this is before tax). And she told me she'd be crediting $45 on that bill because of our efforts to switch to a data plan that better fit us. At the time, I was pleased as punch, though still confused about the higher cost than what we were promised.

I then called back later in the day (actually just got off the phone) to pay my current bill of around $325. After I paid it, I asked the rep what my next month's bill would be. She told me "$308 including taxes." I fail to understand how I'm paying $60 more than I was promised less than six hours earlier. Even with the credit, this only reduced my bill to $263, still $33 more than the rep promised us our bills would be. I asked her where the increase of $58 had come from in a matter of six hours, and she couldn't give me a straight answer. She just repeated, "The bill is totaled at $308."

I don't know what the legal definition of "no hidden fees" is, but to me it implies that the amount I'm quoted is the amount I pay. Apparently this is not the case with U.S. Cellular. Treat them with extreme prejudice. I highly advise another wireless carrier - after our new phones are paid and our contract is up, we will certainly be switching companies. We have been customers of U.S. Cellular for over 15 years and this is not the first time they have promised something wouldn't happen that later did. How unfortunate that companies like this are just allowed to lie outright to people.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I have been with University Town Center US Cellular for many, many years, I called ahead of time to see if I could get 2 more devices and see what my bill would be after I added. I understand they can't quote taxes. I was told by the sale associate my bill would be 340-360. I agreed to this and she also stated that my next bill would be higher since I had connection fees and others. So in August when I got my bill it was higher. I got my statement the next month still high. I got my October statement and it's 186.00 more than the others. I called the store and Brian the manager hung up on me twice, then just brushed me off and said what was done couldn't be changed.

So I tried one more time and got Maranda, she told me it was several times it's not Miranda. She is the one that I dealt with and she remember me, until I told her what was happening then she tried to tell me it was just data charges she quoted. So after Brian would not speak with me again, I call the customer service and got a nice man that took my complain and spoke with for over a hour and a half. Then he connect me with resolution where I got Carl and he assured me he would fix this, customers come first, and he was glad to see all the years I had of the service. After talking to him for almost another hour he said he was gonna contact the store, he literally called me back in 5 min and told me that Maranda did not remember any of this and she doesn't quote prices....

So they want me to return the 2 phones I added which are over 2 months old, and get lightly used phones that they guarantee are less than 15 days old. I said I did not agree why not let my children keep the phones they already have and just adjust my bill. So Carl sent me to Antonio, which told me very short that, they could not help me. And also told me there is no way of contacting the corporate office of US Cellular just a email, which I found not true also.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Say they have partner coverage in an area but then give you grief. Checked in before going on over a month trip... Advised they would limit or disconnect service in the partner area if they decided to. Paying top rate for their service for a family... Time to look elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Very reliable phone & WiFi service!! Have never had a dropped call. WiFi is steady & fast. We live in the mountains and our visitors have mainly Verizon & Sprint. They both have poor reception here!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

They have great reliability, but they are ever increasing costs to customers. I have been a continual customer for 25 years, without ever receiving any perks for loyalty.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I can't afford regular subscriptions so I had to get prepaid service at a price of 38.00 a month and it's great service. I would recommend the prepaid service because I can't think of anything I'm missing. But even though it's just 38.00 including taxes it's still hard to meet the payments 'cause of being on disability.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I have always been impressed with the distance with which I can get service while others around me no longer have contact. Customer service by phone is good but employees at stores are not always patient... Especially with older clients who need extra explanation.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

On Sept 9th I left Klamath falls OR helping some friends move to Wisconsin. On Sept 11 I could make a call out on my US Cellular phone. The computer voice prompt me to dial the area code and # I was trying to reach. So I did just that and the Voice prompt repeated itself. 5 more tries same thing over and over so I dialed 611. Same Voice prompt me to dial the area code and #. Now I'm lost. There is no area code for 611#. This went on for 4 days. My bill was due on Sept 14. Then I couldn't call and pay because I had no service fun after they turned my service off for none payment on the 15th. I got 611 to work so they could get their payment and I told them about not being able to make calls out for three days. They refuse to credit my account. After they got my payment at 8 am I couldn't use my again until 4 pm that day. I'm on my way home when the payment service ends Me being a consumer of their service will end!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

They were helpful when I was trying to decide on a phone. Great service on my phone, and I am able to pay my phone bill online every month. I would highly recommend them to everyone.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

This phone is very dependable. Always ready when my home phone goes out. I have had to use it several times due to power outage on my home phone. It is imperative I have something to call from.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

US Cellular cell phone customer service is absolutely horrible. I have been a customer for 15 years and they used to be awesome. But in recent years customer service has degraded so badly that I am switching to Verizon. One example is that their customer service rep in a store outright lied to me when I was asking to switch to a no contract plan. First he said I wasn't eligible when I had paperwork that said my contract was up. Then he lied to me saying I was set up for a no contract plan, but when my first bill came, he had signed me up for a more expensive 2 year contract. It took many calls and 2 levels of managers to get the plan I asked for.

Another example is today I saw that the rate for the plan I had was lowered on their website. I called to ask them to reduce my bill to the new rate for the same plan. They said there would be no extra fees since my account was fully paid. Then they cut me off in the middle of the phone call and disabled my phone. I couldn't even dial 611. I had to use another phone to call them back. The first 2 reps asked me stupid questions (like if I was calling from the disabled phone) then said there was nothing they could do. The 3rd rep wanted to charge me a $35 reactivation fee and change my number. OMG. I kinda lost it right about then and she waived the fee and got my phone working with the same number. US Cellular really needs to get their act together or the will be out of business.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

It is the ONLY company that I have been able to stay in constant contact with no matter where I drive to. Great reception, great phones, and good service. If I have a problem in store help is always friendly and available. The products they sell they not only back up, but can repair/exchange if needed. I have tried a whole lot of other companies but where I live we are limited to reception. No such problems with US Cellular. Great all the way around.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

They are liars! Everyone tells you something different & you end up paying a lot more than they quote you. They also lock you into things that you cannot get out of for 2 years. I'm paying handsomely for service that drops in many places where I live. I'm sick of it!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Let me start with the beginning - I signed up 2 years ago - When I signed up somebody screwed up (Little did I know it was going to be a re-occurring). My first phone bill showed up in 5 bills - Yes that is right. Not 1 or 2 but 5. It took them about 3-4 months to fix this and then it's been one thing after another. It is and never has been a "NORMAL MONTHLY BILL". Lets fast forward a little bit. I get my bill and it is reasonable for ONCE and I pay it without hesitation. Then 2 MONTHS later my bill is TWICE that and when I called to find out what was going on they proceed to tell me that "They FORGOT TO CHARGE ME FOR A LINE FOR A MONTH". Um I've had 4 lines for a year and half at this point. How do you FORGET to charge for a line all of a sudden? I mean SERIOUSLY?

Fast forwarding more... I am sitting at my sister in laws house. My daughter tries to call my son (her brother) and she tells me "Our phones are off". This is on the 8th-9th of the month. My bill isn't due until the 19th of the month - SO AGAIN I CALL and they tell me "I don't know why your phones are off" And I said "I don't care WHY you don't know but you better be FIXING it because at the moment I have somewhat of a EMERGENCY" and instead of being able to call my son It took me an HOUR & HALF to argue with them and figure out WHY and to get them to turn my phones BACK on in which they should of NEVER been turned off in the FIRST place. Not to mention they were "SUPPOSE" to Give me Credit but they don't do it right away. They take their time.

Christmas 2016 - I called ahead of time and made arrangements. I always make the arrangements for the following day if possible. This in case of something coming up - I forgot to pay the payment almost on the 30th of Dec. however the 31st of Dec my phone was turned off because I didn't make the payment. I went to make the payment the night of the 30th of Dec. and well the lines were closed, and financial services were closed. I tried to even make the payment online and it would not take the payment online. So I figured I would call the following day and try my luck.

My phones YET AGAIN got turned off because, of THEIR SYSTEM was having issues and yet I am the one that has to SUFFER the consequences because, I had to pay the shut off fees and I even talked to a manager and he said, "Oh yes we will turn you back on with ** amt of dollars" and etc etc. and then come to find out later on that the amount that 2 people had me INCLUDING the MANAGER was WRONG and was not the CORRECT amt. and that was added to my NEXT BILL. :-(

Let's go to Today -- My daughter is trying to send a text message and calls me in to where she was (thankfully she wasn't out with friends) and she had asked what was wrong with their phones and I said IDK why and she showed me and she tried to call me and it said "THIS IS US CELLULAR your phone has been Temporary interrupted". I call to ask how much and the guy in Financial dept. proceeds to ask me the gazillion questions that I had just answered with the previous person that transferred me to Financial department and well he tells me that my phone bill is now $485 and I said "OMG WHY??" and apparently it's $185 and then $284 which means they have added crap on my bill again! I can not win at all.

I am looking for a different Carrier because I am paying $284 for 2 lines. This is NOT normal. I switched to the 2GB Unlimited Data and apparently they are charging me a FULL month of service BEFORE we have even used it. They forget to tell you that when you switch over which I think is complete BS. I am so FED up with CUSTOMER SERVICE that it's not EVEN funny. They are not much better IN store. Either they LIE to get you signed up - When my husband and I used the upgrade on our kids' phones the lady didn't even ask how many months we were wanting. She just chose 30 months without asking the CUSTOMER what they would like.

As for their "Unlimited Data" if you are on the complete Unlimited that is great. If you are TRYING to save some money and you go with the 2gb if you hit that 2GB you are DONE until the end of the Cycle again. When OTHER carriers do NOT do that. I am looking into other carriers. The Cell service is wonderful for the town that I am in but you know I am not willing to pay almost $300 for 2 lines because they are playing games with my phone bill. I understand I owe on the phones but you know what that is fine.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

As you get hooked into the deal you might think is great. The deal will change as you get signed up. The gift card started as a $300 credit for paying off an old phone bill and switching to U.S. Cell. But in the end you will find it is only a $100. Card not a gift but used to pay the money you have due on the phone. It is a very misleading way and a tool that will turn out to be a lie in the end. And yes, the service still is very bad and not even near what they tell you in the TV commercials! So hope that you read this and don't fall into the trap!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Poor customer service, shafts you out of money - This is from a few years ago, but better late than never. My mom had a cellphone thru US Cellular for years. It was an "emergency only" program that she paid around 10 bucks a month. She was notified that the program was being discontinued and she needed to upgrade to a newer program that was around 20 bucks a month. She did and during the upgrade, she wanted to make sure the customer service rep updated her password and also added me onto the account. Allegedly he did (we went to one of the local stores for the upgrade). I also signed up for their cheapo program and got a phone at the same time.

A few months later, she fell and broke her hip and was in the nursing home for a month for physical therapy. She had to have a phone but her minutes on her cellphone were really low, so I took it to the store to add minutes (mom wasn't in any shape to do it herself). I gave the kid the password and account information and found out that the previous nitwit who'd supposedly updated mom's password and added me to the account really screwed it up. He not only didn't add me to the account, he also transposed the numbers and letters in mom's password so the password I gave was "Incorrect."

For three days I fought with these idiots at the store and all they could do was smile at me and tell me "I'm so sorry, but since you're not on the account and don't have the proper password, we can't let you add minutes to the phone." I explained to them that the kid who did the upgrade on her phone screwed up the password and didn't add me to the account like he said he did, and they ADMITTED they'd screwed up, but wouldn't do anything to fix it. I took out mom's billing statement, the updated contract she signed, her driver's license, EVERYTHING. I told them she NEEDED a phone in the nursing home and I couldn't give her my phone because then I wouldn't have one in case of a car breakdown.

Finally on the last time I went to the store, I was nearly in tears and extremely upset because they weren't fixing the issue that was their mistake in the first place. I finally got someone who said okay, we'll call the nursing home's landline and have them take their phone into your mom's room. We'll then walk your mom through the password until she hits the right one. Mom was able to give them the incorrect and transposed combo that the initial idiot had entered as her password and we got it changed to the password she wanted, plus they then added me to her account. We were both really upset with US Cellular but stayed with them, figuring it was a fluke that we'd had issues with them.

Then a couple of years ago, I changed credit card providers and needed to update the credit card that US Cellular used to bill me monthly because that card was going to be canceled. I went to the local store and the service rep there gave me a big smile and told me that she was sorry, but I now had to upgrade my service to a more expensive plan because she "couldn't make any changes to the account unless you upgrade." I said, you've got to be kidding me, you can't even just change the credit card information without making me pay more? Big smile and "No, I'm sorry, I can't make changes unless you agree to upgrade to a more expensive plan." She then started to shill the "plan" and I kept telling her I just use the phone for emergencies, I didn't do any online work or any texting with it.

I asked to speak to a manager, who came over and gave me the same big smile and song and dance about how they couldn't change the credit card info unless I upgraded. I was like, "Fine, I think I'll be switching providers." I went to another area provider and they had a good plan that was in my price range, so both my mom and I made the switch. But while we were at the new provider, when we called to cancel our accounts with US Cellular, we got customer service reps who tried to harass us into keeping our phones with US Cellular.

I tried to explain to the guy I talked to that I was switching because US Cellular wouldn't change my credit card info unless I upgraded to a higher plan. I told him how ridiculous that was that I couldn't change basic info on my account without having to pay for it. He tried to tell me that even though it "broke the rules" he'd let me keep my old plan and I said no, after the issue with the mistake they'd made with my mom's phone and now this, I wasn't interested in staying with them. I finally had to get a little pissy with him to get him to cancel the account (mom had to do the same with the service rep she talked to as well). The new provider we're using has been fine, we've not had any issues with them. They had no problem putting me on mom's account and they didn't screw up our passwords. So we'll be sticking with them from now on because neither of us will EVER go back to US Cellular.

Original review: July 19, 2017

So they talk you into contracts. You would think you get a good deal signing. Don't. Customer service can do nothing. It's cheaper to use the month by month. They offer better deals for those who do not sign contracts. I paid for my phone with cash. It was 500$ cheaper than the payment plan. But they rape you still with a disconnect fee.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I am writing to warn others of a deceptive sales practice. I am a US Cellular customer eligible for an upgrade. On my online account on my home page, there is information about my current phone. Under the picture of my phone is a hotlink that reads, "UPGRADE THIS DEVICE AT A DISCOUNTED PRICE." I clicked on the link and it took me to their phone selection with pricing. I was savvy enough to log out of my account and go to the forward facing website of US Cellular to compare what people who do not have an account pay for a new phone and compared it with the "discounted" price that I was being offered and found THE PRICES WERE THE SAME.

Concerned I chatted with a customer service rep on 7/6/2017 who said there was no discount even though I was being offered one to upgrade and said he would talk to his supervisor about the "confusing" wording on my account. I messaged US Cellular on Facebook on 7/6/2017 and was told by rude-guy Ben that he was not about to "subsidize" a phone for me. I called again today 7/7/2017 and talked to a manager who admitted seeing the same discount price message on her consumer account but never really paid much attention to it. Long story short, I was told to go to WalMart to get a subsidized phone and that US Cellular, even though they have advertised that they will offer to me a new phone at a discounted price WILL NOT HONOR what they have advertised me. Is this legal? Beware current customers... Unless you're savvy enough to do a little research you might think you're getting a discount from US Cellular when, in fact, you are not.

Original review: June 20, 2017

US Cellular advertises cell services anywhere. I live in a small town in WI. I get no service unless I go stand out in the middle of the road. Castle Rock Lake, WI, no service. Door County WI, no service. Montana, no service. Many areas in Wyoming, no service. Their advertisement "even out here" is a bunch of crap! Not to mention they sucker you in with a set price, yet your bill is more and more every single month. They're a rip off.

Original review: June 19, 2017

I have stayed with US Cellular ONLY because they were the only provider with service in my WV location. I cannot make enough negative comments about their service representatives - particularly in their stores. One of many examples: Want to add husband's phone to account. Go to US Cellular store. After 2 hours of trying to figure out how to add an existing line, we are told it is taken care. He is on a contract. We do NOT want a contract. I ask is this the same as me, EXACTLY - they say "YES." BUT that is not true. Shortly thereafter I get a notice that my cell phone insurance is ending. I call up and say there is a problem with the account. Am assured there is not BUT two days letter I lose my service. They added his account and ended mine, despite spending 2+ hours in the store and 1+ hour on the phone asking them to please check.

Moral of story: 3 hours and EVERYTHING is WRONG despite my asking specific detailed yes/no questions. Virtually everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Most recently my Samsung S7 (great phone) developed an issue. I call up, spend a while on the phone and am told to bring the phone into the nearest store. I do so... only to be told that they have to order a new phone and will be sent via mail. So why did I have to go into the store? And the phone does not arrive as promised. Is there ANYTHING they can do correctly? My experience would suggest not. I am moving to an area where other carriers exist and switching at the very first opportunity. If you can get service on another carrier, I would strongly suggest you do so.

Original review: June 5, 2017

U.S. Cellular has good service but not even 90% coverage in places I travel. Coverage could be better in my rural area. Customer service is great though, never had a reliability issue but billing charges could be explained better.

Original review: June 3, 2017

My family and I took a trip hiking in the Smokey Mountains out of Gatlinburg, TN for a number of days. We used our phones often. When I got home, I called US Cellular customer service to see if I went over my data package, I was told "no". Then the customer service representative said, "Let me look at your plan to see if I can make it better", she then said "I can add 6 GB of data and save you money monthly." I asked, would this change any of my accrued credits on my account (connectivity credits accrued over 10+ years of service with US Cellular) and she said "no it won't change anything but the data".

The first month was pro-rated so I didn't see the actual effect of her changing my plan but when I was billed the first whole month on the new plan, I had lost $30 of connectivity credits ($10 per phone on 3 phones). I called them and they said "there's nothing more we can do except give you a 30% discount for 1 year". They basically reimbursed me what I lost for one year. I lost $360 per year in connectivity savings per year because I trusted the customer service representative to actually know what she was doing. After this year, I'm changing companies.

Original review: May 26, 2017

This company has always had the best cell phone coverage in our area. Also, their customer service is one of the best ones I have encountered. Their bill are one of the easiest to read and understand too.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I use my phone for work. I told the sales girl that I needed unlimited as I travel around the state for work, and that the service was all over the state. Service around the state is roaming and you only get 500 mbytes that's not unlimited... This reminds me when companies hide your time just to get you to overpay, worse damn company ever. It goes roaming as soon as I leave town and won't get back to network until home, garbage.

U.S. Cellular expert review by ConsumerAffairs

U.S. Cellular is one of the largest wireless carriers in the United States. It was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in Chicago. The company offers traditional plans and no-contract, unlimited prepaid plans, called Simple Connect Plans, for basic phones and smartphones.

• Canada and Mexico: U.S. Cellular customers can make unlimited calls and send unlimited texts to individuals in Canada and Mexico for a single additional fee each month.
    • Included features: All of U.S. Cellular’s Simple Connect Prepaid Plans come with several features, including three-way calling, call waiting and voicemail. Some plans also have caller ID.
    • Refer-A-Friend: U.S. Cellular customers can earn up to $550 when they refer individuals who sign up for a U.S. Cellular prepaid plan or contract plan. Both the new and the existing customer receive $50.
    • Plans: All Simple Connect Plans for smartphones come with unlimited talk and text. Consumers can decide how much high-speed data they want and choose a plan that provides more or less data, depending on their needs. Additional data is free but is not 4G LTE.
    • Refill options: Customers can refill their minutes online, by phone, in person or by purchasing a refill card at major national retailers. Customers can also sign up for automatic refills.
    • Best for: U.S. Cellular Simple Connect is best for parents, business owners and budget-conscious consumers.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs