Apple iPhone

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am just pissed! Why? I bought an iPhone 7 to replace my iPhone 5s. I have spent over the last 24 hrs trying to get the new iPhone working just like my old one. Apple says you should easily be able to move from one iPhone to a higher upgrade which is obvious. I mean other than that it will be plain stupid to any company to make harder for customer to change from one model to a new model. Unfortunately, that's what am experiencing now.

When I plugged in the new iPhone 7 plus and started the setup, I got to the option of restoring my old backup to the new Phone so my setting, text messages and other stuff can be on the new phone where I expect them to be. I tried many times and the error I get is either the backup is corrupted or not compatible. Which I believe for the compatibility because my iPhone 5s is running a latest iOS 10.2.1 and through no fault of mine, the new iPhone 7 Plus is running iOS 10.2 so the next obvious step is to update the iPhone 7. As gruesome as it is, and after my tries and wasting of my precious time, iTunes finally downloaded 2.5Gb of the update only to tell me the update is corrupted. I ain't doing this again.

So I tried getting through to Apple support so I can tell them my piece of mind while I buy a software that can do that for me. Only for me to realize that Apple intentionally makes is difficult for customers to use the online support. I mean it is nearly impossible to reach a human being in Apple, I wonder if there are humans who actually design and build the phone. I mean Apple prefers to call you than you call or chat or even email them. No am just sitting there not sure my next step. Why didn't I get an Android phone?

iPhone 6s battery drastically cuts or loses all power when exposed to outside temperatures 32F or lower. This is the third time this week I've had approx 40% battery power when I started a walk outside, go for a walk outside at below 32F temperature and when I'm finished with my walk (less than 30 min.) I have no or 2% or less battery power. Once I plug in the phone again, within 10 minutes it jumps back up to the old power. And no, it's not eligible for a recall apparently. Good thing I don't need it to actually make a call. My old Windows Nokia phone never had this issue. Wouldn't recommend this phone to anyone.

I reset my phone and I was trying to restore backup through itunes, but it was asking for password. I entered password. System was saying it's incorrect password and I was unable to call anyone and I just started chat session. Even they were very rude and (LEM) Csr ended chat suddenly. I have screenshot of this chat and I also have case I'd no. They didn't help me. Very dissatisfied.:(

Purchased an iPhone SE last year. Issues with frozen screen, spastic display, incorrect letters/numbers when typing. Plenty of phone calls since purchase regarding issue. Offer things like restoration, etc. Several months ago screen cracked - one singular crack through home button when carpet cleaners were at my home. Had fixed at local place. Finally had enough with freezing, plus incorrect typing inability to properly move screen. Opened a case with Apple. Put my case into my son's serial number. Told rep screen was fixed at a non-apple store, she set me up to have my phone replaced.

Got to store spent an hour and a half then went to put money in meter and girl says she didn't notice the screen was not the original. White and black certainly don't match. Won't replace the phone due to software problems and offer screen replacement. Tell me screens replaced by 3rd party often cause issues. I tell them this issue has been ongoing even before screen was replaced. There are plenty of recorded calls they can trace if they wish. Then they tell me I could have had the screen replaced for free however when I purchased the phone they told me physical damage was not included in warranty. Jerk rep tells me they would have fixed it for free b/c it was a hairline crack. I refuse to pay 129.00 and leave. Second rep was rude and condescending. I will no longer be part of Apple's "club".

It is my 1st iPhone (iPhone6). After several days the phone sudden, do not want to turn on. Been asked to go to iPhone centre. They cfm it was a defect unit and they asked me to wait. It's written 90 days just to get the result as maximum days as standard clause. It is ridiculous we have to survive without any phone at all. Now I need to buy new mobile phone and need to wait for 48 more days just to get clarity about the replacement and so. What a worse services. Accepting the money in advance and neglecting the service afterwards. Indeed having a status in the web. But the status never updated or so after more than 30 days.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

I purchased an iPhone 7 yesterday... went home, plugged USB in mac to the 7. It crashed every one of my older iPhones. Permanently locked my Apple ID forever. Apple will not allow so they said... I spent 4 hours on Apple Care who by the end I figured out my daughter knew more about iPhone than this moron did. End result I am left with a blank iPhone 7. All of information locked up by Apple who tell me they will never unlock that account for any reason... You insisted I open new account.

2 hours later he could not open me any Apple ID account coz he had no idea what he was doing. Got tired of trying passed to manager who only want to get me off the phone asap and had no idea how to fix problem but spent entire time speaking in his daddy voice asking why I could not understand how smart he was and why I could not understand that. 5 min of that and I was done... started working on problem myself using the bits that dribbled out of the Apple retards...

Iphone 7 will not work with a Mac that is approx 5 years old best guess... when I plugged it in it locked everything down. All my old iPhones, iPads, anything that has an Apple ID in it. Apple does not have a fix. Not sure if they had any idea this was going to happen... again that's why I have blank 700 dollar iPhone 7 that I can't load. Old or new info my old phones are all blocked. If I plug in USB to phone Mac says "this is a blocked device, can no longer use for anything, it's considered stolen." Apple Care does not know how to fix. As of 2/12/2017 that's what I got for being a customer over 20 years, pay full price both hardware and cell service, never complain once.

I am stunned by their behavior and I have no phone and no one who knows how to fix... that's only a very small part of my last 24 hours. Beware of iPhone 7. It is designed as a TERMINATOR!!!! They are built to kill whatever Apple once the second you plug it in it's too late. It has enough info to continue on killing devices, accts, passwords, Macs, and it absolutely can't be stopped... even if I am totally crazy and embellished 80% of my story the 7 is going to be a mean ugly bitter phone!!! Sorry for spelling and grammar... between my dyslexia and iPhone putting in what it thinks I am typing I hope some can read it.

I was just sent my fourth iPhone 6 as all have some type of battery problems and now my new iPhone 7 plus is having issues too. After I'm done w/ my contract I'm done w/ Apple and Verizon. Now I have to find another brand that can do a better job than what I had, "GOOD LUCK IN DOING THAT" I SAY TO MYSELF.

I bought an Apple product, it gave me hard times because of its battery since the date I purchase it. Following are my sufferings: Scheduling an appointment with Apple store is itself a tiring task. When finally I made it to Apple store with appointment, I came to know that my phone is a defective piece. They admitted. They didn't have the iPhone 6s battery during that time. They asked me to visit again in order to get it repaired. After some 10 days, I got an email that battery is available in Apple store. I went there to get it replaced, after 3 hours, they said battery replacement didn't go well so they are replacing my complete phone, I ain't sure whether it was a new iPhone 6s or refurbished one. I switched on it and while configuring my iCloud I'd, it stopped working. It was rebooting again and again. This all happened while coming back to my home.

Since the Apple store folks don't entertain without appointment, and there wasn't any appointment within one week. And I had only one phone which is dead now. I used Apple support chat medium to tell the issue. There I chatted with Renee **, I told her all my sufferings because of this phone and asked her to set one appointment in Apple store right away or next day. I told her, "This is the only phone I have and I have a big need of it for work." She didn't gave me any appointment but she told she can create a case for me with high priority, and she will escalate it. She also said turnaround time of such issue are 24 hours and gave her email ID for further communication.

Now, after 24 hours when I am asking her on the status of the phone over email, she isn't responding. I again contacted Apple support through chat, this time another senior advisor (Danielle) attended me and said turnaround time is 48 hours. I told her I've already been told 24 hours is the turnaround time then she said by EOD she will be sending me update on it. It's been 4-5 days now, no response from Renee and Danielle. Meanwhile, I contacted Apple support chat around 10 times, talked 4-5 different senior advisors but No help. All the time they said is engineering team is working on it and they don't have any updates. I still don't know what's going on. I had to borrow one spare phone from my friend. I can't check my emails and other stuff but Apple doesn't care about it. Worst Experience ever!

Went into the store to get my phone screen fixed, after being run around from $45.00-$299.00 I was finally placed in a queue to see a tech. The wait was 2 hours. I was fine. When we finally got a tech, I re-told them my issue. Just got them to say "we don't have the iPhone 7 display part." I waited 2 hours for a part they should've checked about when they put me in a queue. I hope a new phone company comes out because I will not purchase another Apple product if this is how customers time and money are appreciated. 2 hours for nothing.

iPhone 6S Battery Replacement - Worst Customer Experience. Apple is going down. Battery Replacement Turnaround time is High. Appointments doesn't work. Worst Quality/Replacement program. I been to Valley Fair mall Apple store couple of times, they told me "I have to leave my iPhone overnight to get the battery replacement". This is ridiculous, customers' time is not being appreciated. I agreed to leave my phone for 3-4 hours and it's not sufficient for them to get the battery replaced. I am in the store at 6PM and they can't fix the phone by 9:30PM and there is no guarantee they can fix my phone if I drop it earlier time 5PM. I never seen such a worst customer service. You (APPLE) got to improve it, don't go low or cheap. Finally, don't sell defective pieces to customers, don't fool the customers and don't tell them to circle around the store again and again. Apple is going down. Is it true?

iPhone 7 review. The sleek design of the iPhone 7 is accompanied by some also challenging factors in the cosmetics of the phone. I won't put the whole phone to shame, seeing I've been an iPhone user since 2012 and since then have seen the enormous improvements of their phones and the capabilities they carry. Drastic changes from the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 6 are the ports located and the bottom of these phones. Up to the iPhone 7 every iPhone was delivered to you with a 3.5 mm headphone jack with a charging port to the right of it and speakers to the right of the charging port. While as the iPhone 7 stands different in this because of the headphone jack being removed and replaced with speakers.

Now the charging port also stands as a place for headphone connection. While not too bad of an idea, Apple left us with a slight problem. If you ever need to listen to music and charge your phone you better play it aloud or invest into some Bluetooth headphones. This problem isn't too major but just something that can cause problems. Other than that the phone's overall speed is good and I find myself using the camera from the phone a lot more often than my personal camera now. I owned previously the iPhone 6s and wasn't disappointed by anything other than my low storage captivity of 16 gb. But now with the new iPhone 7 the standard storage is 32 gb which saved me a lot of struggle. Now I can hold onto all the memories I make through videos and photos. The iPhone 7 is worth the purchase for a more developed experience with phones and their capabilities.

I have IPHONE 6 date of purchase is 11/13/14. The warranty good for a year. Couple of month after the warranty had expired the battery started to drain very fast. Couple of months later the phone no longer powers on - unexpectedly shut down. On July 1st - which was very hard to schedule an appointment - I went to a local Apple store to find out what happened to the phone, they weren’t able to diagnose the problem. All they could do was replace the battery to see if the battery was the problem. After replacing the battery the phone still wouldn’t powering up. Then they put the original battery back in saying since the battery is not the problem, and because the phone warranty has expired the only option is to replace the phone for $299.00 plus Tax. I can’t offered to pay over $300.00 when I just paid for the phone costing almost $600.00 which make the total of about $900.00 just to be able to use IPHONE 6 when IPHONE 7 was almost out.

I found it unfair to pay $600.00 for the phone and be able to use it for a little over a year. My IPHONE was put aside until I heard about a program for unexpected shutdown issues due to manufactured problems, so I called Apple support on December 14th case ID:** Was on hold for at least 30 min. Explained to the rep. the problem I experienced with my phone. The conclusion of the call was my phone is ineligible for the program and the only option is to replace the phone for $299.00 plus Tax (same thing I was told before) I gave up. I believe this is unfair to pay this high price to purchase a phone and only use it for a little over a year. My decision after this experience is to stop purchasing Apple products. Apple doesn't care; they just want your money.

My phone is exactly 1 year and 1 month old. Right after I installed iOS 10, the phone started shutting down when the battery is on 40%, without a warning. Taking it to the nearest iPhone store, these were my given offers: Your warranty is finished so you can send it to the lab, get parts that are not apple, and pay full price for them. Give us your old phone and get a small discount on a new one. Stay with a nonfunctional phone. Obviously, all of these answers are unacceptable, to say the least. Is Apple seriously telling its customers that after a year they can go ** themselves?

I can't even send them an email to their support. They're forcing me to go again to the local iPhone store. In short - do yourselves a favor and stay as far away from iPhone as you can. They'll do anything to make you upgrade, even break your phone. I hope that there's a shred of decency still left in this company and I'm waiting to hear back from you with a reasonable suggested that will not leave me hating your company and banning it forever while telling everyone I know to stay as far away from your products as possible.

Informed that my 6s iPhone required an 'in warranty' recall involving the replacement of a defective battery. Apple support advised me to contact the Apple store directly to verify availability of parts and schedule a repair. First I was unable to contact the store (transferred all over). Second they wanted me to make a road trip to have the phone checked then make another one perhaps two trips to effect a repair.

I gave this review two stars because I had a previous history of Apple purchases and being very happy. Looking through my records and old electronics, I have an iPod touch, an iPod mini, a MacBook Pro and an iPad all of which I had positive experiences with. So, when I was looking for a phone in October, 2015, it seemed logical to get an iPhone so it would communicate with all these other Apple products. My previous phone was a Google Nexus which was a great phone. Only trouble is I couldn't do WiFi calling with it.

So I finally got an iPhone 6s through T-Mobile back on October 16, 2015. I was happy with the phone for a year. However, about a month or so ago, the screen started acting crazy. (see the images below) Briefly, the issue is it turns on and all the white is gray and the black is dark gray. Sometimes it starts scrolling through all these screens as if under someone else's command. Finally, when it looks like this I can neither swipe the screen nor touch to access any of my apps. This phone has never been dropped and was always in a case. I think I have a lemon.

In any case, it is my opinion that a $700 appliance should last longer than a year and a month. I went to a T-Mobile store and since I didn't pay the extra money for the insurance and it is a month or two beyond the one year warranty coverage, there is nothing they could do. I can understand from T-Mobile's perspective that they did not manufacture the phone but I was given very few options other than to upgrade. They encouraged me to set up an appointment at the Apple Store. When I went to the Apple Genius Bar, it was working and they ran a diagnostic which could find no problem. Don't you know the next day it started acting screwy again so I made another appt at the Apple Bar for next week (12/21/16).

I would appreciate the intervention of someone other than a sales associate at Apple to discuss options. I have enjoyed using Apple's products for many years but, if this is a sign of today's quality, I will probably opt to buy a Google phone next (again, my previous Nexus still works fine, it just doesn't offer WiFi calling). I do have the T-Mobile receipt dated 10-16-15 with the register #, transaction #, and sale rep # but I am not sure if this is at all useful to Apple. Thank you, in advance, for your time and assistance in this matter.

I am a very unsatisfied customer. I decided to subscribe to this site and to write this review with the only purpose of maybe saving you from buying a product from Apple. I know it makes little sense as you don't have any more reason to believe me more than anyone else. But I'm so fed up of my iPhone 4S... It used to be my best friend, a wonderful companion, but across too many useless updates, it became a really useless piece of silicon Here are my points:

I never asked for any update, except the one for night shift that was actually a complete hoax. (They could not tell you that actually it is not supported on your device until you had taken the step of upgrading...) But whatever you do, and as though they knew you'd be reluctant, you have a nasty pop-up that seems to be designed for you to accidentally accept the upgrade. I really wonder how legal this is... You'll end up upgrading, don't worry. Whenever I perform one of these upgrades, I tend to lose some of the autonomy. Not an impression, a fact. It is counted in hours. The last one saw my autonomy drop by 4 hrs.

I had my battery replaced, the iPhone was soooo much better, then came an upgrade and it was bricked... Google will immediately diagnose the source of the issue and placing back ANY official battery will do the trick. I work in the field of consumer electronics. I can assure you this is ON PURPOSE. There are thousand ways to prevent a device from getting bricked by an upgrade. This was designed so that the less techie would drop the phone and move to a newer one. It is a FACT.

From the day Apple announced that iPhone 4S was end of life, it started bugging even more. (Like so many times I receive a stupid message that something was wrong on the page and it needed to reload, nothing is wrong on the page. Something is definitely wrong on the iPhone!) I have been allowing an upgrade about every 2 years, so I won't believe there was suddenly a new technological leap that would explain why suddenly I have issues I had never had before. So please, believe all the ones who like me tell you that Apple is abusing you. Apple doesn't care about you. Just check this:

The emission level of their phones is so much higher than the competition, even Huawei does better! I consider that such a behaviour (programmed obsolescence and programmatic obsolescence) should be punished by the law, but as it is not, it is our duty to punish them by refusing their crap. I personally decided that the only way I would ever use an iPhone again would be if I'd receive it for free. As a comparison, my old pre-Microsoft Nokia is still working (3g of course). Most probably they were too good... Take care.

My iPhone 6 after downloading update 10.02 on phone shuts off showing full charge and will not hold a charge for more than 40 minutes max. It will be on charger provided by Apple for hours, I will leave house and with a few minutes of use will go from 100% to 80%. Then I will go on internet for 3 minutes and phone will drop down to 1% or completely die. If plugged into wall charger it will work but very slow response, sometimes loses personal wifi connections, also screen sometimes freezes and is non responsive.

Also bluetooth no longer working and my phone has randomly made calls or gone online to websites while just being charged on table with no human contact. Went to Apple store and were of no help solving issues. I had a few connection and battery drain issues with IOS 9 but nothing like this since installing to IOS 10.0.2. I'm afraid to update any further when promoted by Apple. They no longer offer the older operating system to revert to and my Macbook pro doesn't recognize my backup I did before I installed the 10.0.2 version. My phone is basically nonfunctional unless plugged into wall charger.

Concerning Apple update 10.1.1. There are many changes. None of which are good. I purchased my SE iPhone on 10-25-2016 and it had the old software. The reminders and calendar notifications were very handy on the lock screen describing what was coming tomorrow and what was today. Great information at glance. Since the update: I or anyone can read and respond to text messages without unlocking the phone. I or anyone can read the transcribed voicemail and perform the callback without unlocking the phone. It now creates its own picture albums that I do not want. It has created a memories album that has caused lots of problems with my fiancée, she doesn't believe that the phone is the source and I can't fix it.

I have pictures in a map that I don't want. I can't delete any of these because they are removed from my photos. When the phone is placed face down and turned back over it turns itself back on. Why does this phone turn itself on when placed on the charger? Battery life is in the toilet since the update. The new text messaging must be for children; certainly adults have something better to do with their time than babysit an Apple phone. I don't have the ability to change these items because it's written in the software. Having spent many hours trying to work out the update issues at the Apple store, my only conclusion is that the PRIVACY THAT APPLE TALKS ABOUT DOES NOT APPLY TO OWNER OF THE CONTENT!

Everyone involved with these software innovations should be fired. I would think they have better things to do with their time. I had planned to buy my fiancée an Apple Iphone, but I can't do that to her. In short this is my first, only, and last Apple product! For myself I will buy a new phone having had great luck with all of my Samsung and Motorola phones. I will also post these comments on every site possible and hopefully keep someone from making a big mistake.

I am totally dissatisfied from Apple services. I am using iphone from last 3 years and I bought new iPhone 6S, 15 days back and now its charger is not working. I talk to their service executor. They told me that charger pin got rusted, but there are not a single scratches. Then Apple service executor asked me to go to Service Centre. I went there and they were also not able to resolve that and asked me to pay Rs 1500 to buy new data cable. I don't know how to get out of this hell.

My iPhone 6s is one of the phones that needs the new battery. Customer service made an appointment with the closest Apple Store to me. It was in Texas 2 hrs. away. I got to the store, and they did not have the batteries to replace mine and informed me that just because I have an app. to replace the battery does not guarantee me a battery. I tried calling back the person at apple that made the appointment, hoping there was something she could do. I even left her a message. She never returned my calls. I have since called apple again and asked them what they planned on doing about getting my battery to me. They wanted to set up the app. again and I said no. I asked that the battery be sent to me and I would have it put in. They said they could not do that because they do not mail apple parts. So this is a problem with apple's product, but they will not help me. I will never buy another apple product.

The touch screen was unresponsive after 13 months. Google the problem and a lot of users had the same issue. Employee at Apple store did not find any abuse or water damage inside. He said it would cost $300+ to replace the part. I went back to AT&T to upgrade it instead (for less). The new iPhone 6s Plus is working OK. It's about 5 months old and it responds to touch a little slow sometime... I'm not sure if it is the same issue. I had 4, 5, 5s before and they all worked well. Apple products are going downhill... like Samsung.

Like other below I have been locked out of my Apple account for over a week and cannot use my phone. No-one in Apple can help except tell me that it will take a few days. When queried how many days are a few, I received the response it could be up to 30 days particularly at this time of year. According to the Apple rep I spoke to it is because I signed up for their new double authentication security. DON'T do it, there is no-one you can talk to to reopen your account. Until it is re-instated you cannot use your phone. This is not good business and has totally put me off using Apple in the future. I can re-instate other accounts, including my bank account in a matter of minutes!!! I have sent emails to the head of Apple but no response!!! I guess they are too big to care.

This company does not stand behind its product. They refuse to admit the widespread issues plaguing the 6. I ended up with 2 defective iPhone 6. One of my employees also had one he purchased himself and returned to store in under two weeks for the same issues. Apple did nothing for me, even taking to one of the top care advisors in California 5 days before an appointment at their Apple Store (an hour drive from me). Greg ** told me that yes phone was defective (after 3 hours of diagnostics) and that Best Buy has stock to replace. I told him they don't sell T-Mobile phones, is he sure they have stock? He said yes. Get to Best Buy and no they don't. They can only diagnose, not replace. Apple does not give them replacement stock.

Tried calling Greg back at the store and for several hours later. After that I'm told I can drive an hour to the Apple Store and wait for likely hours in hope they can work me in, or give him my cc #, and when I send old phone back they will refund, which will also take 'til the end of next week to get! All of this for them to only replace "like for like" so another 6 that most likely has the same issues I am having now. I was not asking to upgrade, I don't want any 6 and I don't want a 7. Told me I could pick from one of those options or nothing they can do, the 6+ and 6S have recalls, not mine.

As a construction business it is critical that I have working phones, phones don't work means it's costing me time and money. Apple does not understand this! He was very shocked to hear what their rating is on here and the 81% negative on the BBB for products and service. T-Mobile store was limited on what they can do because of Apple's policy, and Apple does not care about the hassle they cause the consumer. In the end, T-Mobile Business Care saved the day and took the defective phones back, and got me 5S. T-Mobile told me they get dozens of calls for issues with these phones, but Apple says, "It's a small, vocal group."

I purchased a new iPhone 7 plus and needed to reset my password as I could not remember it. We did the security questions. I was told to wait for text message to change my password so that they could move what was on my iphone 6 to my 7 plus. I waited, no response. I have contacted apple 3 times and I have been told it was in the recovery mode and they have no way of giving me a time limit could be up to 30 days. So now the 14 days has passed I can't return the iphone 7. I can get only calls and text messages on that phone. The 6 I can get my emails and use most of the apps but no phone calls.

I called again today. They can't tell me how long this process will take. I have now thankfully been given an extension to return the other phone without being charged just a few more days. I was told I could take the phone to the apple store and pay them to wipe the phone clean and maybe that would work but it might not as well and if I did I loose all the information on the phone. You can't tell me they don't have enough people to send a text message to reset your password. Poor customer service. And they don't care!

I owned an iPhone 6s and upgraded to 10.1.1 - mistake! The upgrade freezes the keyboard and after four reconfigurations setting it up as "New" I gave up. Ah but it gets better. I bought an iPhone 7 plus. I set it up as new, upgraded the O/S and same problem with the added bonus of random shut downs. I took the phone back, Apple exchanged it and all seemed right with the world for about two weeks until two days ago. I never upgraded this phone to 10.1.1. But it started freezing anyway. Apple says it is the Google photo app so I removed the app and the phone seemed to work for about 20 minutes then crashes and freezing again. The technicians told me that Apple has too many products they are upgrading all the time so it is natural that there will be lots of bugs. Kill the bugs Apple! These issues have real impact on people's ability to communicate with their phones.

Bug in replying to iMessages. Anyone can reply back to the senders of iMessage in 7 & 7 plus by using 3D touch. It's not a secured. Example: If I get a iMessage from "A". Anyone can use 3D touch of my iPhone and can reply back to that iMessage which is not secured.

Will never purchase another apple product again! Bought an iPhone 6s Plus from Sprint without purchasing the protection plan... 3 months later the phone starts having software issues... Sprint won't help me so I send it to Apple for its one year warranty and they falsely accused me or someone of forcefully entering the phone. This phone is in mint condition, Apple are liars and thieves and I will never buy another Apple product again!

My disabled sister has the iPhone 6. It was updated the other day and right after it froze. She called apple for tech help but nothing fixed it. She was told she would have to go to the nearest Apple Store (52 miles) away (she doesn't own a car) to replace it.

This is such a joke. I called Apple twice to get my password reset and they stated they cannot do anything for about a week until someone in California calls me. Now I can't update my phone or iPad until that is done. Tech guy even told me to make sure I don't turn off my phone until that happens. It basically bricks your phone and you cannot use it until they get you a new password. That's gonna make people really rethink Apple. I know I am. As soon as my contract is up, I'm ditching this phone and going windows along with my windows tablet. If they can't figure it out and it takes this long, then they don't need my business. One less person they have to worry about I guess.

My name is Monika and I have visited Apple Store in regards to my iPhone 6 accidental screen damage. 2nd time I have asked the staff that I want to get my screen repaired for at minimum cost or mobile replacement. She said it's a fix price then I requested to talk to manager. After 10 minutes manager came to meet me and I have asked her same question and then I show her my phone. What she said me it was really unacceptable for me. She said, "I am not sure whether your mobile phone will pass the test for screen replacement or not. If it is not you have to agree for paying $429 for mobile replacement".

Then I told her, "Last time 1.5 month ago when I came here as my phone was stolen from my work place and by God grace cops found out in bad condition. No one tells me that your screen could not be fixed as you are saying me now that I am not sure will it pass for screen replacement or not. Please check my last appointment who served me in your system and you can ask him I have paid at that time $169 for fixing that at that time it was in far worst condition. How come you are saying me this time if it pass the test then $189 Else phone replacement $420".

How come Apple product so delicate that their screen got so easily cracked. We all know accidents happens and almost 2/10 people drop their phone everyday by mistake. Now they have increased the screen replacement charges from $169 to $189. I was ready to show them my FIR complaint that my phone was stolen then why didn't they understand my problem and how come they charge me for getting it repaired. It was so depressing.

This time (26 October 2016) I didn't get repair or replacement as manager said, "If your screen fail the test you have to pay $ 420 for replacement". And I straight away answered I have only $200 with me. Then she said, "I would reckon don't send your phone for test. I would tell you go for contract and get other phone from vodaphone or Optus". I left the store without getting any service.

Apple iPhone Company Profile