1.33/5

821 Apple iPhone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have an iPhone 7s model A1660 which is under recall and has never worked properly due to a faulty logic board. The company claims they will repair it for free, as they should, but this is not the case. After erasing my device completely and setting an appointment to send in my phone at the Apple store as directed online, I was told by the service staff that my phone likely would not be repaired if I sent it in as I was only having problems most of the time, not all of the time. I was also informed that because my warranty expired SIX DAYS AGO I would have to pay over $300 for a replacement phone, and I had no other options for repairs, despite their acknowledgment that the faulty logic board was the cause of my download speeds averaging 2mbps (which is significantly slower than dial up, for reference). I will never buy another Apple product, and I hope anyone who reads this will avoid it as well. I would rate this company 0 of 5 stars if I could.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I bought 3 iPhone 7 but one of them started to experience sound issues. As a result, I cannot make and receive phone calls. I spent 1 hour on the phone with their technical support to be told I had to make an appointment at the Genius Bar. The technician tested the phone multiple times and confirmed there is a hardware issue. I was told by the manager and the technician that there’s nothing they can do for me since the phone is not under warranty. They wanted me to pay more than 350 in order to repair it. I was very very disappointed with Apple. I paid $799 for a phone that lasted 36 months. As customer, we are paying for Apple poor quality products. That’s dishonest and unreliable from Apple. They should place label buy at your own risk on iPhone.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I got iPhone 5S gift from my brother. Very happy to receive such a expensive. All said wow to the phone. The phone was user friendly. It was very useful phone. Unfortunately it fell from my hand. Glass was broken. My mistake. But there was no service center in my city. Changed the glass since I had no other option from a iPhone store. Such a expensive phone but no service center nearby. I recommend you should have a guide in your site. Once something happen to the phone it's waste of money and no resale value. As well as no support from any of the site to register a complaint. All duplicate glass fit by a iPhone store didn't work for too long. Again gave back to the same store but it will be waste of money. Already spend on glass and connector. Now asking for the body to be changed. It's better to buy Samsung Edge or S9.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I took my daughter iPhone 6 plus to Fashion Valley Apple Store and after running diagnostic check all test was 100% except battery showed 88%. The technician told that, "You are under warranty and we could replace with new battery." I agreed as it was expiring warranty within two days. But when I came after 2 hrs to take the phone they gave me dead phone. My daughter started crying as she kept the phone so nicely in life proof case spending additional $127 for the iPhone.

They bought 3 refurbished phone and all had scratched as service replacement. I told, "I am not taking any scratched devices" and I spoke to manager TIM who was very arrogant in doing or taking further action. Also sitting there I called customer service but they are HORRIBLE. I am sitting with dead phone now. Learnt lesson of their inexperience and no expertise. NEVER WILL BUY such device only on the look of IPHONE or LAPTOP but will go with value of my money and good customer service.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

So I bought an iPhone 8 Plus less than a year ago and I’m already experiencing hardware problems. I send the phone in for repair (still under warranty) and they told me I can’t have my phone repaired because of a tiny scratch on the screen. They want me to pay 169 USD to fix them again, tiny scratch on the screen before they fix the covered hardware problem. Worst customer service I have ever experienced, and as a company they should fail. They have no regard for their loyal customers and expect us to pay 1000+ a year for faulty devices. Never buying an Apple product again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Many of the stocks I buy and sell have no news updates in 12.0 version upgrade and it does not show any older news articles as well. Their Apple stock news system is costing me money. These stocks go up and down at times based on news that pops!!! I ask others please send your thoughts to Apple asking for them to fix this if you’re like me. First time I ever considered buying a phone other than Apple!!! The older operating system used Business wire, the new system uses Apple News – needs to be renamed NO NEWS!!! This is horrible!!! Please please please fix this!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Very disappointed after an iPhone 7 which worked just fine up until the very day we activated a new iPhone 10 for the same line wouldn’t turn on. I call Apple support who directs me to visit a local store, the representative at the store plugs the phone in to his MacBook and runs a diagnostic check only to tell me the result is a malfunction that caused the iPhone to never be able to turn on again and recommended that I purchase another refurbished phone for $391. When I asked to see the report he advised me Apple's policy doesn’t release that information.

We upgraded our phone because it was time through our cellular carrier and we received a good deal on the iPhone X, not because the phone didn’t work... It’s a pretty big coincidence the very day we activated the iPhone X that the iPhone 7 completely shut down when there was no prior problems. Apple, I like the design of your phones but you need to learn how to show customer appreciation since we are the reason you’re in business because if you keep up these kinds of tactics, it won’t matter how much people like the product, they eventually will turn away from the brand.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My daughter's iPhone 7 Plus started experiencing issues with the sound which impacted her ability to make and receive phone calls. I spent 3 hours on the phone with their technical support to be told I had to make an appointment at the Genius Bar. The 'experts' tested the phone multiple times and confirmed there is a hardware issue. The manager and staff at Genius Bar said unless you have Apple Care the hardware is not guaranteed after 12 months. They wanted $149 to get a replacement refurbished phone. I paid $799 for this phone and was disappointed with the quality but at every turn they want the customers to pay for the poor quality of production. What a joke. Apple was built on the foundation of quality, reliability but this reputation has gone to the grave with Steve Jobs.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

As much as these new iPhones are costing, the amount of "bugs" and technology issues is insane. The phone constantly freezes, sometimes shuts off and the battery does not hold its charge well during the day. Extremely upset and disappointed that Apple is not taking any responsibilities for this issue and have only offered to possibly repair instead of replace. I have been an Apple user for many years, almost 11+ and I am thinking about purchasing an Android.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

The week I finish paying off my iPhone 7 for 24 months. The phone stops getting service and will only work when connected to wifi. I do some research and find online that it was a recall with my specific model number. I contact Apple and they tell me if I need to send it in for repair and it will be covered under the recall program. 10 days after mailing it in I get an email saying the device will not be covered and it will cost me $325 to have repaired. I contact Apple and they tell me it's the repair people that have final say on whether it is covered or not and they have decided that my iPhone will not be covered.

This was Apple's last chance for me. I've been through multiple phones that all seem to start having problems once new models come out. I currently have my sim card and a 6s model while I wait for the return of my unrepaired iPhone 7. My 6s dies at 90% battery life and I was told this also wouldn't be covered by Apple a few years ago when I bought the 7. This company has done nothing but disappoint time after time. Now I see the problems they are having with their new flagship phone and I am happy to say my final goodbyes to Apple.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I paid for an iPhone XS online with store pickup, but my phone was not available when I went to the Apple store so I canceled the order and planned on getting it in a store at a later time. Order was canceled over the phone (around 1-hour call), and was promised a confirmation e-mail. The e-mail never came, and the money hasn't been returned. Now on my second hour of holding with Apple service to get this refund. Service is just incredibly slow and everything needs to be done twice. Very frustrating.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

iPhone X has problem from day 11 after purchased it from Apple Online Store. I have made over 20 phone calls and talked with over 6 different "senior advisor", I have replaced the phone 4 times and had it repaired once, I am still have the same problem. I have expend over 40 hrs on the phone with CR and customer care, no luck, and they do not want to take responsibility for the faulty product. Latest news from advisor is that Apple plans to issue a recall on iPhone X because of the touchscreen problems. Is a known problem with the phone but they do not know when the recall will take effect. In the meantime, my phone is not responsive and hard to use it. Paid $1448.00 for nothing. Getting the money back? Good luck with that as well. Worst company, stay away from this company, they are thieves.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

My iPhone X, which I bought in May 2018 had a issue of shutting down all of a sudden and will not turn back on regardless what I do (tried all ways to reset and restore the phone). First time I had a issue, it was fixed by the Rogers Business Analyst from whom I got my plans and phones. He said there was a software glitch, which is resolved now, it needed an update... Fine, it worked for almost three months.

Again on Sept 17 2018, my iPhone X dies all of a sudden @ 12:30 pm. I called the Apple customer support and got scheduled for Apple Store @ Yorkdale Mall, Toronto location. I Went there and they couldn't fix the problem (saying that the motherboard is faulty); they gave me a replacement piece (mostly a refurbished one) because my phone was under warranty. I had following question to them: Q1: Why don't I get a brand new phone when it is under manufacturing warranty, and it's a motherboard issue?? Q2: Am I getting one full year warranty on this device that I am getting? Q3: Since this device is a replacement device, can I buy AppleCare Plus on this device? The store couldn't help me much on this, they ask me call the customer support over the phone.

I called them next day, and asked same questions. My call was escalated to the Manager (customer service) level. And, their answers to these Qs were as follow: A1: "Apple always give replacement device, not a brand new device. This is our policy, no one beyond me (Manager) can help you." My expectation: When I bought a brand new phone with a full price and if that phone has manufacturing issues then I should be given a new iPhone X which I wasn't. A2: "Warranty of your old phone gets transferred to this phone and you don't get one year full warranty for this replacement device even though we are giving you this device today." My Expectation: Warranty is always on the product not on account. So, ideally when I am receiving a replacement device from manufacture, I should be given a full year of warranty on that device.

A3: I couldn't buy AppleCare Plus because I didn't buy it when I purchased my phone in May 2018. My Expectation: When Apple is offering me a replacement piece, which according to them, is a new phone and never used by anyone; they should not have any issue in offering me AppleCare Plus product. And, if they do that they don't have confidence in their own product. During all these; I felt like I have been cheated and scammed by Apple Inc. Will not buy Apple product anymore. This is 100% true experience. Anybody having any more questions, write me an email and I will let you know... Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Purchased an iPhone X on November 3, 2017 because of Apple's advertisement stating that the phone is water resistant when it is not. Phone got slightly wet. I turned it off and it never turned back on. Apple told me I would need to purchase another phone from them because the phone had experienced water damage. I understand that Apple distinguishes between water resistant and water damage. However, this phone has only experienced slight water and according to the claims made by Apple the phone should of been fine if it was truly water resistant. I believe that my phone had faulty rubber sealing because I had purchased the phone the day it was released. Apple's claims of water resistant phone that it markets to consumers is highly deceptive.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Very Very disappointing!!! I have been using Apple products over 5 years and I was optimistic about this company. Of course until I terribly disappointed. Recently I face a problem on my iPhone (Freeze out and stuck forever with "Apple logo on" in a black screen). I have contacted customer support twice. They both recommend me to get service at CityMac Kirkland. I went there (long drive from my home). The serviceman saw and confirmed as my iPhone has nothing physical damage he plugged in his computer and tried to figure out the problem for about 2 minutes or less, he told me to pay $325 for fixing my issue. No other solution as per his saying, I have bought the iPhone ~$700 and I lost all, no fixing. No nothing. I recognized that this company would be no more my choice. I am selling all my Apple products including my Mac, I don't want to see even remember a while about Apple products.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Battery Gets HOT. My phone is still under warranty and Apple refused to honor the warranty. I called the customer service and I got transferred again and again. Finally they sent me to the store. The Apple representative told me if my phone is hot to put it in the freezer. What a disappointment. Shame on you Apple taking advantage of the little people.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Forget bad customer service. They have come down to fraudulent business activity. My iPhone was under one year warranty and Apple’s executive relations team refused to honor the warranty. Apple took my money by fraud.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Actually mobile was running good after some months, automatically it will be turned off. But further I got to know that when it is off it will be in frozen condition, but the mobile will be running in background, that is if we call to that cell we can hear ringing sound but the phone doesn't displays, it will be in dead condition... But mobile will be working in the background. Further by pressing both lock and home button we can on the mobile... Please solve this problem.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Do not waste your hard earned money on Apple iPhone. Purchased 6s brand new just a 1 1/2 from Apple. I truly believe a bug is in the software to reduce battery life to make you upsell to newer model. I also think they are in cahoots with Rogers. I believe Rogers is sending bug to increase data usage that is unjustified. I have carried a cell phone over 10 years & use it exactly the same, but amazingly it is now over data within 2 weeks & nobody oversees the corruption.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Service center people at Sec 32, Chandigarh are not interested in replacement of battery as they were not sure of the mobile performance thereafter. Had to dump the phone after some time and went for new mobile of other make. Would like the service center friendly with customers.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Worst cell phone since the Motorola Razr - I fully regret downgrading from the iPhone 6 to the X. The GPS and WiFi only work half the time. The system is slower than the iPhone 6 Plus. The brightness auto setting barely works in comparison to older iPhones. Don’t waste your money.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I used to like Apple. I received an iPhone Six for my 11th birthday and I was excited as this was my first phone. My phone worked fine originally and was decently priced, then things started going wrong. WIFI problems - my phone would disconnect from the wifi occasionally and I would have to reconnect if I realized, I wasted mobile data because of this stupidity. I also had trouble connecting to other wifi and other wifi would take forever to show.

Battery problems - the battery ran out quickly. My parents knew this and told me that the battery ran out quickly and this was the reason my grandma wouldn't upgrade her phone from a five to a six. Slow loading - nothing else to explain. My phone stopped working one day and turned out I needed to update. I know all about slowing down the phone... Apple scams. My sister's iPad keeps on telling her to sign into her iCloud account, obsessively. I have a Google pixel now and I'm way happier.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My Apple iPhone 7 recently stopped being able to both send nor receive calls. The technician at the Genius Bar at Apple store admitted this was a known issue for some Apple iPhones 7s. They went further to say the only fix they have is to purchase a new phone for a reduced rate of $319.00 (plus taxes). Basically trading my "old" one in. When I asked why they would not just fix this known issue or recall it, she said initially that was the program, but it was discontinued. I bought this phone last June, a few months outside of the 1-year warranty.

Despite taking meticulous care, using an Otter Box to protect my phone it has this issue. I basically have a texting only device now. Further, there were memos leaked where Apple admitted to this known issue. I am extremely frustrated and do not want to be forced to purchase a new device especially after the one I have is not working and the Apple company doesn't stand by their products when they are defective. A shame.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I'm extremely careful with my iPhones and have never had any issues with breakage or damage. I received the 8Plus as a Christmas gift along with a traveler Otter case, where the button is exposed. Everything worked fine until the end of May when I took it out of my purse and proceeded to take a photo to forward to a friend. NO problems! Then I pressed the button to take another photo and the phone froze! That was it. I could not turn it off or get the home screen, only the apple sign. I went on-line and tried all the tricks to re-boot the home page but nothing. I did get it to shut off and reboot, but it only went back to the apple insignia. When my husband came home and took a look, he noticed a small little indent, like a pen might make, on the edge of the button's circumference. It was barely visible.

Could a pen in my purse have leaned against the button? Those were the only 2 items in my purse's phone compartment. And how could a pen do such damage with no force? It was in my purse and there was no impact. I'm flabbergasted at the delicate and vulnerable nature of this button. We do not have insurance and I was told the motherboard is connected to the button, so the "damaged" button is causing a software problem and will not be covered under the 1st year warranty because I damaged it?

I also discovered that the Otter Defender cover for 7/8plus has a button cover and you can still use the button. It is $60. Once you cover the button (Or use tape!) you can go to settings and set a virtual button that floats around your screen. Why not have this in the first place? There seems to be many others who are also having issues with the 7/8's button. Perhaps a class-action suit should be filed to force Apple to fix the defective part for free. It's like having a car bumper that crumples at the slightest impact. Not practical, or acceptable, for a trillion dollar company.

Original review: July 30, 2018

It's my opinion that Apple Inc. puts its updates out to improve its newest products glitches, while knowing it will cause multiple problems with its older models that are advised/forced to do the updates as well. I have been forced into buying new phones every couple years because as soon as I update any of my 5 phones there are instant problems, some rendered inoperative, and some that just piss you off so much by not working correctly that you can't stand it anymore!!! I despise a company that purposely causes damage to its older products forcing people to "upgrade" just so they can make the almighty buck! I personally will never own another Apple product again.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have had an iPhone X for three months and am already on my third phone. The facial recognition keeps malfunctioning. It also seems to freeze up and needs rebooting often. I have gone to the Apple store in South Portland Maine and they made me feel I was only one this was happening to. Now I know that is not true. Very disappointed. My other iPhones were very reliable.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I purchase my iPhone 8 on Mother's day through AT&T plan. I also brought the battery case. My phone was dying a lot at new purchase time and completely power down and coming on without me resetting. Frequent turning off and just dropping had no cellular data on even in Wi Fi area and weird scratch noise occasionally with low volume and folks not hearing me. I went back to store. They advise to remove battery case. It cleared up dying so much but other issue still remain but was less frequent. Only happened once in a while. My phone would get hot frequently over the last few weeks and issue arose again with battery dying not holding charge and power off and come back on as if nothing happen at full power of charge.

Went back to store. They tried to assured nothing was wrong and volume was working at store. Please keep in mind that lost charge and battery power down was random and not constant. The noise and volume speaking scratching noise was random as well. So I stop going to store and started calling. Each call two or one hour long. They walk you through all those reset and BS for issues to still be there but temporary work. Apple and AT&T has lots of notes on my account from these complaints. They basically stated was small glitches and if persist they could do a warrant exchange only.

On July 9, 2018 I had had enough of paying for useless phone that died and came on as if nothing was wrong and not being able to hear and weirdness. I called. Was in process to set up for my phone to be exchange. It died five time in a two hour session while on phone with them. The rep called me back several time and on recorded line stated she heard noise and could not hear me to use another phone.

The call dropped, I allowed the phone to charge and went to work. Once done at work powered phone on. Heard loud scratch noise and pop. I was scared I actually fell hard. I was scared. Thought phone exploded. I hurt myself bad and glass from phone was in my hand. My phone was literally stuck to my to the palm of my hand. I went to ER and need stitches but had clue to my right arm elbow right hand and wrist and left hand glass the disengage phone from skin. I had cuts in hands, both knees and leg was scratched and bruised bad.

The phone was not operable. Also I place a incident report with Apple as AT&T. Said I am ineligible for insurance replacement because phone has noted on my account warranty issues. Apple told me to send picture doctor's note so they could send to engineer and give me options. After being without a phone for three day injured missing work they said they can't help me because phone has physical damage and they are not paying for repair nor new phone nor medical because pop did not cause physical damage to my phone. My fall cause physical damage... HURT and Disappointed with Apple...

Do anyone have a clue or attorney to help me on malfunction brand new phone that I am still pay $1000.00 through AT&T plan for. I have no phone injured by scare from malfunctioning phone. Apple saying battery issue and noise and pooping scratch noise not their fault because I fell on phone? How can that be right fair or kind to a faithful customer who only asked to take phone. Investigate please be sure no one gets hurt and replace my non working phone at no cost to me. Do not worry about medical days off work on money and months spent on half working phone. They never really address correctly at beginning? HELP.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I bought my son an iPhone 6 last Xmas, he is only 10 and he was so happy about that phone, bought it promo in ATT which was my carrier back then for $200. I am a single mom who works 2 jobs, $200 is a lot but seeing him like it was the best thing I ever given to him. My son was a victim of bullying, he is small for his age, I love him so dearly and I am very protective of him. Almost 3 wks now we switch carrier because of poor signal, when we went to the carrier to activate the sim card, they saw my son iPhone got a damage, swelling battery. I called Apple and they sent me a box to send it back to them to do repair.

After few days said I will get it back 1-2 business days. We did not get it, my son has a summer camp before that and expecting the phone to bring it with him, he left without the phone, now I am travelling 2 1/2 hrs every other day just to make sure he is alright. It cost me too much just to travel and see him, not just that, the stress that I'm travelling back and forth, the exhaustion. Besides the fact that I paid the bill just few days ago without the phone being used.

The problem is, the FedEx lost it, trying to contact them everyday and the Apple for whole 2 wks now, demanding immediate response and send the phone back to me. They said they have the process and trying to investigate before I could get the phone back. It's not fair, I'm not even part of it but I have to sacrifice effort and financial because of that. Apple is just too stubborn to send one, I am tired of waiting, I need a phone to communicate with my son. Thank you.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I am very frustrated with Apple. I initially had a problem with my iPhone 7 making and receiving calls however everything else worked as normal texts, internet, apps. I took it to my cell phone provider. They looked up my serial number and said that my phone was on recall and to take it to Apple and they would replace it. I absolutely loathe going to Apple for anything because of how busy it is all the time. Even tho I hate Apple stores I still have been team iPhone since they came out. I also own all Apple computers. Have had several generation iPads, iPods and Apple watches, but after this experience I may be saying goodbye to Apple. After I waited for three hours they told me that they had to send my phone out to be fixed and therefore I was left without a phone for a week.

I tracked it every day and when it said it had arrived at the Apple Store I called and they told me it wasn't there even tho track my package clearly said it was delivered. They gave me the runaround for two days until I finally got someone that told me I was able to come in. I waited two hours this time they handed me my phone and told me to have a nice day. While I was walking out powering my phone on and it wouldn't turn on. I plugged it into a charger. They had and a picture came up that said iTunes and a picture of a charger with an arrow.

I flagged the person down and showed them. Then they told me that Apple wasn't fixing my phone because it seems that my screen has been replaced which It was a whole year prior and the issues I was having were due to the recall. So not only did Apple not bother to tell me they were using the screen being replaced as an excuse not to fix my recalled item, leaving me without a phone for a week, waste hours of my time, but they gave me the phone back completely broken. I may not have been able to make calls but my son could have surely used it on wifi to play games surf the internet and iMessage. Apple should be ashamed of themselves. I have spent so much money with them way more than I could really afford so for them to give me my equipment back in worse condition than I gave it to them is wrong.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I called Apple customer support and asked them to replacement my iPhone 6 battery. They declined to give me loaner phone while my iPhone will get replaced (expected time 2-week including shipping). 2nd they asked me to phone for shipping charge. 3rd their local service Center asking me to bring the phone first then they will review and place order for battery. I asked who will pay for twice driving 100 miles. They stated they practice this way. So just for battery replacement, I've to drive twice. This was affiliated service center.

4th I drove to Apple Service center at Des Moines. First they took my iPhone to clean the charging jack and then came back with an giant excuse. My phone is little curved...so it doesn't qualify for $29 battery change. They can do for $295. I asked them...how is my iPhone got curved? They said they don't know. I don't know if iPhone is curved or they curved it to force me to buy next iPhone.

It seems to me they are practicing this way to enforce customer to invest in next iPhone. My cell was never serviced. I questioned if curved phone was sold to me... Their excused it's over a year and since I never reported so it's not covered. This seems these tech has been asked to force customer indirectly either pay more for battery change or get into new iPhone. This is totally a crime.

Apple iPhone Company Information