Apple iPhone
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Apple iPhone

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

734 Apple iPhone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have nothing but problems, the NEW iPhone 7 Plus, does not hold a charge and gets worse with it's all around performance every time Apple suggests a new update! I never hated anything as much as I do this lousy phone.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have owned apple phones since the iPhone 3 and I was forced to upgrade my iphone 3 due to software updates not being compatible with older models. I now have an iPhone 7 that I have owned for almost a year. This phone has been a nightmare regarding call quality, specifically issues with phone calls going directly to voicemail. I also loose signal during calls when in buildings and this is very frustrating due to the fact that my previous iPhone 4 NEVER HAD SIGNAL ISSUES. I have troubleshooted this iPhone 7 by reading user manuals along with help from at&t which is my cell carrier. The terrible experience with this phone has also been contributed by the last few software updates. I now have to re-educate myself about changes to settings and menus that I did not want to change.

Apple has decided that they know what setting I want when in reality the changes have been a massive inconvenience to me since my battery now last almost half as long as it did before the updates. I shouldn’t be forced to reconfigure my phone every time I download a software update. I now am stuck in a contract with a phone that is not what I agreed to purchase 8 months ago. AT&T has told me to go to an Apple store to resolve my issues. I purchased my phone online through AT&T and am financing it through them yet they cannot help me. This sounds like a breach of contract due to selling products that become faulty as well as frustrating to users that didn’t pay for features that we are now forced to change or disable every time Apple decides to “fix” issues with new software.

This is a known problem that many of iPhone users have complained about online and to the carriers. Apple users pay a premium price for the products in exchange for products that are now inferior to other items which are half the price. I demand a resolution that gets me the quality product and service that I pay for. I would be satisfied with using an iPhone 3 if the service along with the software were able to function with any Apple software older the 3 years old.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

600$ phone can’t do what a 10$ alarm can. Constantly late for appointments, work etc, thanks to the alarm never going off. It’s set and not silent. It just won’t go off. Updated or not even after getting a brand new phone to fix the problem it still happens.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I stopped by twice. Once in Freehold Mall (Tech did a restore). In NY on 11/10 (tech was extremely arrogant and refused to acknowledge the problem). Widely known issue. The iPhone 7 Plus freezes sometimes on home screen press. I could not reproduce the same while at store and they refused to back up their product. Today 11/11 it froze again once. Apple like any big company is showing signs of going downhill.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

The new feature which turns on your WiFi and Bluetooth and turns OFF your cellular data whenever you move or go to a new location has literally ruined my phone. Now whenever I drive, walk around, or go anywhere it takes me 3 buttons to be able to do something as simple as send a text message (I now must turn off wifi and bluetooth in the command center, go to settings, and turn cellular data on). I am also receiving calls and text messages hours after they were sent due to this issue. I pay for unlimited cellular data, and the fact that you turn it off constantly whenever I move at all so I can't use it or use my phone is atrocious! My navigation turns off whenever the phone turns its own wifi and bluetooth back on, and my Spotify won't play as I drive. Switching to Android after 10 years of being an iPhone user because your update makes it so that my phone literally does not work in basic phone use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I recently replaced an iPhone 5s with the new 8 and I am extremely disappointed. It needed a new IOS (not just an update) and is slower than the 5s (a great phone). The 8 is over-featured and the software is very glitchy. I had similar problems with my Blackberry just before that company went under. Apple's strength used to be reliability and simplicity, but it seems to have lost its way. Many of my friends and associates feel the same and are moving to Android. I have not used the new iPhone X, but I have to think these 8 problems extend to that model as well.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I bought two Apple watches maybe a year ago, I was lied about Apple Care for both devices. For customer services my issue is still pending and no one would help me. Extremely rude and I have been told that my replaced device would be sent to recycled if I do not come and pick it up, when I was told that they would be delivering it at my address. I specifically mentioned that I would not be able to come to pick it up, it was the rep that told me they can send it to my add, she forgot to add my address. I got a call saying that they will discard my watch!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I got a 7 plus, I love the bigger size, it also broke less than 6 months old. There was no local help so I got to call Apple from a loaner and had to pay for a replacement. That was grim.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I'm happy with my iPhone although the area where I live does not have very good reception. I would stick with the iPhone brand as I have in the past. I pray more towers come to the area. I love my iPad as well.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Antenna strength is very lacking in the foothills. I would definitely consider a different phone with better signal strength. The iPhone has lots of cool bells & whistles & is fun to use.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I love my Apple Iphone 7. It is by far the best smartphone I have ever had. I highly recommend it to anyone. It is easy to use and has so much to offer.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I would not buy another Apple phone as they recently locked my phone and I was not given a reason why when I visited the Apple Store in a mall in Charlotte, NC. And it's not that user-friendly unless one is a techno geek, which I am not.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

The Apple iPhone is a great instrument. It does wonderful things. But the Sprint outfit who sold us the phones, never gave any instructions on how to use it. They are charging us poor seniors an arm and a leg to use it and we still hunt & peck just to make it work properly. I am still not sure that I know everything it will do or how much memory it takes to do it. I took a lot of pics of my great-great grandparents and their old home, just to find out I had used up many GB of memory. And if I want more tutorials I have to pay more money for this. I am on a very low fixed income, since I have been disabled for 15 years and retired for 5. There is no one out there to help us baby-boomers. My dogs and the rescue group that I belong to are my only salvation.

Resolution response: Nov. 6, 2017

After repeated attempts to contact apple, they actually reached out to me and the problem was resolved really quickly and I'm very pleased with how everything went. They definitely value customer service and I think the real problem is that it was hard getting in touch with someone that could actually do something about it. Once I spoke with the right person, I had an iphone X on my doorstep on release day.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I am not sure this is going to get to the right person but this is where the customer service representative on the phone told me to go. I had a terrible experience trying to preorder the iPhone X. I thought I was doing everything right. I woke up in the middle of the night (seriously 2 am central time, why Apple?), used your Apple store app because Tim Cook said it was the best way to preorder the phone, and the app was not working. First off it didn’t even open until 2.20, then repeatedly crashed and wouldn’t process my order. I tried calling your phone line but they were not accepting any calls (that’s messed up btw).

Unsure of what to do I tried doing It online on your website. Once It finally worked, I figured It was best going through Apple instead of ATT to get the included Apple Care coverage. After repeated attempts (the app was still not working btw) my order finally went through for an early November delivery, however I never received a confirmation email.

I was not notified until 3.5 hours later that there was an error processing my order and that I should do it again. Having received that notification I of course was very confused but placed my order again however this time the delivery would not be until late December. Needless to say I was pretty devastated to get this news. I did everything right. I did everything I could to get the phone in a reasonable amount of time.

The reason I want the iPhone X so badly is that my iPhone 6 has been terrible ever since you sent the last two updates. Apple has always had great customer service so I tried to contact someone on your teams. After waiting on hold I was transferred to someone in sales who was not helpful, rude, and then hung up on me when I asked to speak to a different representative. I called back and got someone else who told me to come here. This is not ok Apple. You’re better than this or at least you used to be. I am an Apple loyalist. I basically have every one of your products and do not deserve to be treated this way. This left me with a terrible customer experience and for the first time in a decade I’m considering leaving Apple.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I love my iPhone 7! I trust iPhones for their reliability and the battery life could be better but it is also not terrible. But I wish there weren't so many updates either.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I never have trouble with this phone. It is reliable. Smart looking. I use it for everything. It stores all that I need. I love having answers at my fingertips.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Everything we have is Apple: computer, iPad and phones. Being older, sometimes we have trouble with this new 'stuff', but Apple has Tips which really helps. Find a Phone is very helpful also and we don't worry about viruses too.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I bought iPhone 6s on Jan 22, 2017. It's not even been an year me using that phone. I had to get it checked 6 times for the same problem and what the service people say every time is, "Oh really we will send your phone to Bangalore," and after 2 or 3 days I get my phone back from Bangalore and every time it came back from Bangalore my phone again got the same problem. And now I last got it repaired on 11th Oct, as soon as I left the service centre my phone again had the same issue. And when I went back to service centre they again said the same thing and said they cannot do anything about. I this the service that Apple provides. Worst decision to buy an Apple product. I bought this product from Uni store located in Gurgaon Cyberhub and the service centre I go to is the same one. And they can't help me, wow... in just 9 months I have got an apple product repaired 6 times. Android is far better than Apple, this means.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I have been very pleased with my iPhone for several years. I have a 5 and I like the size and it had enough features to suit my needs. Have only had one critical problem in the 4+ years of use.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I had a Samsung Galaxy but it got broken. Now I have an iPhone and it didn't pick up good and drops calls. My house for some reason is hard to get satellite connection even though I'm on top of the hill. I have bad connection so I don't know how to tell you which found a pick up at because each place makes it different areas better but make sure you check out your systems and stuff. Make sure it's what you need. Thank you. Goodbye.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Love my iPhone! Best phones I have ever bought and so easy to use and great for in my classroom. I will never go to another brand ever!!! Any generation can use it!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

A good phone for the price (especially if you buy an older model). Have not had any problems in any usage, voice, mail, data, etc. Would recommend a 6s+, or 7 when the 8s come out.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I've had an iPhone 6 for 2.5 years and I am still learning new uses. I have had no problems with the phone and I'm looking forward to upgrading to the iPhone 8.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

iPhone sucks and Siri is horrible, I can't even use the talk text feature at all, she still can't even get my name right. Speaker on iPhone 5 is awful, the 4s had a much better speaker. I can't turn off location feature even after spending 12 hours on phone with Apple and them wrecking my laptop during these calls with iTunes I was forced to download. I hate iTunes too and I will not buy another iPhone in the future.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I have an iPhone 6s which is amazing but the battery life is not all that great and we have a few issues with service. But Apple usually puts out great products.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Apple iPhone is everything I ever wanted in a cell phone! iPhone 5 is my favorite, small and comfortable to carry in my purse. Siri is my friend. Ask her anything and she answers in seconds, she now says my name when I call her! Great battery life and apps work great!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

The iPhone is easy to use but it does some very annoying things like grouping e-mails together by all people copied. It seems that many things on an iPhone are done the way Apple thinks they should be done and not the way the phone's owner would necessarily do them.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Apple technology from user perspective is stuck in a decade-old technology and do not see improvements other than improvements in camera or battery. It is no more acting as leader in innovation.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I have only owned an iPhone. I find it easy to use and see no reason to change to another phone. My spouse has a Samsung and she seems to struggle with its properties.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I think the iPhone is one of the best phones in the market, very good support after selling the phone, my other 2 options are Kyocera or Blackberry. The Kyocera for durability and Blackberry for security.

Apple iPhone Company Information