1.07/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

843 Apple iPhone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

The latest iOS upgrade damaged my iPhone 7. Prior to that the phone was working fine, including the docking/charging interface. However, I have now been told that I must pay for the entire repair because the doc has visual damage. I was told that this is Apple policy. In every other world, if you broke it, you fix it. Apparently, not so for Apple. The supposed damage to the port is cosmetic only. But now we are stuck with a logic board that was damaged by their upgrade. The $319 price tag for this repair is unfair. I can buy a new iPhone 7 in the box for nearly the same amount.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I had an iPhone 6, with a consistent call drop problems, my wife had a different phone and she never had to face call drops in a big city where we lived, definitely it was not a mobile network issue. Whenever I went with such problem, they just happen to replace the phone and pray that the new model don't have same problem. That problem existed long enough to make me tired of going for another replacement

After 1.5 years of use, I cracked my screen. Apple Store replaced it for about $140. After a week of use, I faced problems when my screen won't respond. I went to store again and they did all technical tests and saying there is no problem. I had to literally make a video about these problems to make them accept it. The best they could do was to discount $140 on buying another iPhone 6. I think, I would have been fine with a little crack on the screen rather than spending another $450 in total. In my remaining life, I will never ever use Apple phone or any other Apple product, my first experience was enough to stay away from such pricy products with a big ego about not accepting anything wrong in their products/services.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

My iPhone 7 32GB stopped working. I was getting no service to my phone and receiving an error about needing to update cellular etc. I called My provider (Verizon) about the issue. They stated my specific model A1660 has a known issue which Apple sent out communication about **. So I went to Apple and submitted my phone for repair under the impression it would be fixed at no charge of a component for the main logic board had an issue. Later I received a email and link from Apple stating the repair would be $319. The link led to the repair status. The repair status was really vague meaning it didn’t say what exactly was wrong. So I called Apple support to get the details.

Basically, they could only review the notes which stated there was an issue with a component in the main logic board and they told me this was not related to the “no service” repair and it didn’t qualify for a free repair. However, they couldn’t tell me which component in the main logic board had the issue nor could they tell me which component issue in the main logic board would have been covered in the main repair.

After, I spoke to Verizon and they said Apple sent a letter to all the providers stating they would repair for free the component issue in the main logic board. I explained Apple declined to do the repair at no cost. I called Apple again and explained my case and they essentially said I would have to pay for the fix and the issue wasn’t related to the “no service” free repair. They could tell me which component would have qualified or which component on my specific phone had the issue. I went to the Apple store. They said they only can tell me what the notes say and they are not able to authorize a free repair and I would have to get my phone back unrepaired and bring it in and maybe they can tell me what exact component in the main logic board has the issue.

Bottom line Apple sent out a memo stating the issue and pointing out it's a component in the main logic board and it would be repaired at no cost unless it had a crack etc. The diagnosis was such. The only thing they are holding on to it’s a different component but they aren’t able to tell me the name of the component with the issue on my phone and the component apparently they meant under their memo so there’s not a distinction between the supposed components. This to me sounds very suspicious and not transparent. It’s really unfortunate Apple isn't being transparent with accurate and detailed information that would be available to the customer. Looks like I will have to get another phone.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I have an iPhone 6s which is creating a lot of problems in charging as it takes the entire day to get my battery charge fully which doesn’t even take 30 mins to drained out... Today when I took it to the service centre the person there told me that it will cost 3500 for battery replacement and 1200 for cleaning but he is not at all sure after which my phone will work fine... I went there thinking it will be useful in getting my phone repaired trusting iPhone but I would rather buy some other phone which actually gives the best service... It's your phone’s problem. You should give replacement or a proper repair of phone which he fail to give me. Almost all the members in my family use iPhone and even I had plan to buy iPhone XR but after seeing your pathetic service I would rather buy a brand that is good at its service. Disappointed. Suggest others also to think twice before purchasing any iPhone.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

My daughter purchased an Apple iPhone X in October. The screen became damaged so she had it replaced locally to save money. It was necessary to wipe the phone clean. She couldn’t remember her password so she called Apple for support. No two stories the same from two different people. One said 24 hours. Another said 4 days. Another said one week. She had proof of purchase but it made no difference. I was finally told it would take 13 days to reset the password. Ridiculous. They don’t care about their customers. I have several iPhones, iPads and an iMac notebook computer. Stay away from their products if you want help with your problems. I see they get 1 star for their support ratings. That sure isn’t a surprise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I use the the iPhone 5 because it is the only one you can use in daily life without it being damaged in your pocket. Screens break, chassis bend and water can damage all the new ones. If Apple continue to provide products which are not suitable for daily life then they will soon lose me and my family as customers. As I see their products are not fit for purpose. The costs of repairs are nearly as expensive as the phones are to buy, if they can be repaired at all. This shows either very poor engineering of a product or very clever marketing where they make even more money repairing a product which was never fit to be sold in the first place.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

DON'T BELIEVE IN WATERPROOF! Apple advertise iPhone X as a waterproof device. You will spend more than $1000 and your phone die after a little drop of water. Apple marketing department is very strong, and people believe to them. And my experience with Apple was good until now. I had my phone less than 10 month. I am disappointed with this product. My phone doesn't work anymore, I lose all the information which I had there, and my phone doesn't turn on. Service center tried to charge money for repair, even when warranty still available.

Apple everywhere shows advertising with the phone into the water and in official site company clearly tell you that phone is protected from the water. My own experience shows me that it's not true, it's only showing to get more clients. iPhone X DOESN'T PROTECTED FROM WATER. Apple Store doesn't advice anything else but purchase new phone. This is completely wrong! Apple, stop advertise some features if you can't protect them and be responsible for these features!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

After updating my child’s iPhone 7 model A1660 to IOS 12.0 I received a message saying “Cellular Update Failed”. Interestingly the iPhone had been working fine before until the update. After researching the topic I came across a number of threads for this problem and about the iPhone 7 “no service” repair for free. The phone is one of the model numbers included in this repair. I made an appointment and took the phone in for a repair. At the store they let us use a loaner phone in the meantime, after about 15 days I received an email and a text message stating my phone was ready to be picked up, so we went back to the store, asked for the phone and an Apple employee went inside and brought the phone back, switched phones and rapidly gave me a paper that said “during our inspection we found other components damaged so the repair couldn’t be done.” I asked what needed to be fixed?

The phone failed after software update sent by Apple. She then went inside to gather information. When she came back she said “she doesn’t have access to the notes and they don’t know what else needed to be repaired” but she knew it was going to be $299 plus tax if I wanted it to be fixed... I asked for a manager and she told me the same thing. I’ve bought 2 MacBook pros, about 6 iPhones, 4 iPads, 4 iPods all NEW from them... And now that they are offering a “free” repair program they don’t wanna HONORED it because they can’t fix one thing without the other?

The phone had worked just fine before this software update and now my only option is to spend $300+ or forced to buy another device? Shame on you Apple. Plus they would not tell me what ELSE IS WRONG but they can tell me is going to cost $300+ to be fixed... I say: if you have been turned away or if you were forced to buy a new devices because they didn’t honored the free repair, which seems to be many people, contact me. We can all get together for a class action lawsuit and make Apple do us right.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

My friend took her phone into Stonebriar Mall in Frisco, Texas to have the battery replaced with this $29 special. Her English is good, but not perfect and she waited SEVEN hours with a 4 year old. After she finally got it back, they had scratched up the back cover. She was so tired and upset by this time that she did nothing about it. Today I called Apple Tech Support and the gal was wonderful and *seemed* very sorry, but I had to get some numbers off the phone so was given a case number to call back later.

I got the numbers and called Apple TWELVE times. Each time the computer would tell me it would connect me and then drop the call. It must have been a total fluke that I got someone the first time. I then tried live chat. The gal was sorry, but not really. She said my friend needed to go back to that same store and take care of it there. Talk about torture. Go in and wait with a 4 year old for another 7 hours when she has a part time job cleaning houses. So they call her to try to work something out and, as it is, there are no appointments available at that mall where the idiots work so she would have to travel elsewhere.

I don't own any Apple products, never have and I wish someone would tell me why anyone does? These people are so sure of their jobs, they don't give a flip for the consumers. I do like HP. Last time I had a lot of trouble with an HP computer, tech support sent me a new laptop worth three times what my basic model was worth to make up for the trouble. You will never get that type of customer service from Apple. I KNOW I am wasting my time writing this...as has everyone else here. People do not care about the details as long as they have what they think is the best. SUCKERS!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I totally agree with Jayne of New York stated that Apple hiring unhelpful people in NYC in their Grand Central store. I arrived on Tuesday, 12/18/2018 at 10:55 a.m. and fill up my information to see a technician and was advised 10 minutes waiting period. I waited for a good 30 minutes and I asked with another gentleman in the front and he said the same thing – ’10 minutes’. Finally, after 1 hour, I started make a scene and argued. It just within 2 minutes a technician came and fixed my iPhone in about 20 minutes.

Obviously, Apple staffs are not capable to say another words other than 10 minutes. Sadly enough, they’re walking around with that amazing gadgets but they don’t have an actual knowledge to see that appointment was highlighted in RED!! Apple use word ‘genius’ bar appointment as cover up for ‘not so genius’ staffs they’re hiring in their Grand Central store in NYC.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

My iPhone 7 would say no service all the time. I looked up to see if Apple had a recall for this issue. I found out they had a recall on my phone. I dropped it off at the Apple store to fix the recall no service issue. Two weeks later I called to see if my phone was done, it was not done. Then I get a message from Apple a few hours later stating I owed 40 dollars in order to fix the recall. If I would not pay them they would send my phone back without fixing the recall. I never received a recall notice from Apple either. The recall notice was supposed to be sent to me in January 2018, I never received it. I will never buy another Apple product. The customer service is horrible.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

As we age, our fingerprints fade and eventually disappear. iPhone iOS 12.1 forces users of the Keychain feature to access it with a fingerprint - but does NOT allow older users to turn the damned thing OFF! We are therefore unable to input the access information manually. If this is an "upgrade," I'd sure hate to see a DOWNgrade...!!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Unbelievable. I forgot my Apple password and instead of just being able to reset it, I was informed I'd be receiving a set of instructions as to how to do this early Oct, which never came. Neither did the one per my 2nd request. First call to Apple Tech yielded nothing, I got told my account was in "recovery mode", and I'd receive an email to remedy the situation. It, like the previous 2, also never arrived. I called again this week and more of the same. Someday, a text is supposed to come enabling me to create a new password, and meanwhile, I can't log in to iCloud, can't do any app updates that either. This is unreal. I thought Apple was a lot more efficient, on-the-ball company than it really is.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My daughther's iPhone cannot make or receive calls. Isn't that the major function of the iPhone?! Apple has determined that a small percentage of iPhone 7 devices may show "No Service" in the status bar (even if cellular coverage is available), due to a component that has failed on the main logic board. BUT WILL THEY REPAIR IT?! No, they will look for other issues and then tell you it's $140. WHAT A rip off. Great customer service, APPLE!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I got my Apple iPhone 6s from my girlfriend after losing yet another Android on holidays. I have always loved Android... easy to use... dependable... inexpensive accessories and parts and way more apps to enjoy. However I thought I would jump on the Apple bandwagon and give the phone a try. The phone is dependable yet seemingly simple, lacking (in my opinion) the “features, apps and pizazz “ of Android. My real issue with this phone is the last update apple did to iOS 12 (and then 12.1). Almost like clockwork my battery life disintegrated. You can watch the battery almost countdown like a clock as you perform the simplest tasks like reading the news. Oh ya I went online and followed all the recommendations to save “juice” but that only helped little bit.

I am confident that my battery didn’t just give up the ghost all of a sudden. This is an iOS issue and it pisses me off. You can read about all of this online as it appears to be a major issue for many people right now. Unless Apple addresses this problem soon I would highly recommend dumping the iPhone. Apparently, I also read that Apple (although they seemingly deny it) built this battery kill mechanism into their IOS to prompt consumers to upgrade to a newer model and spend another Gnote +. I will never use another one.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I've bought 3 iPhones, and this is my last! iPhone 7 has internet connection issues on some models. I made an appointment with Apple Genius Bar after I spoke to someone at Apple. I explained my problem with "no internet service". He told me he'd set up an appt at the Genius Bar and based on what I told him they would replace my new phone. The woman spoke mumble jumble. Trying to tell me my Verizon service is the best. She has T-Mobile and gets no service. I didn't need a history of her travel experiences with T-Mobile. Not only would she not replace my phone, she said I should buy a new battery since it's only $29 until the end of the year. My phone will soon be turning off automatically. The upside was that once they opened the phone then I would probably need a new one??? What kind of bs is this? I am totally done with Apple. They're hiring morons in NYC in their Grand Central store.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I work in customer service - and I am absolutely appalled and disappointed by that the way I was spoken to and the lack of ‘customer service’ from two agents. WADE & BRAD ** who was literally no help at all. Refusing to give me a refund, as the game I purchased from was experiencing technical issues. Might I add - which was not the first time. Absolutely the worse customer service experience ever. I contacted the game directly via email and showed the support advisor Brad **. Still, didn’t resolve my issue or even care. Wade was the biggest ** I’ve come across - worse experience. I can’t go with Apple anymore, they’ve been nothing but truly disgusting and not helpful one bit.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I bought a new iPhone X from ATT. Took it home and it was broken right out of the box. It stated on the phone that the face recognition camera was broken. The touch screen did not work well either. I talked to an Apple rep and was told it could not be fixed. It took 2 hours on the phone to told it could not be fixed. My choices were mail it to Apple or take it to Apple 60 miles away or return it to ATT and pay a $45 restocking fee. I live alone and need a phone. So between Apple and ATT I had a terrible and expensive day.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Apple iPhones carry lots of junk inside them like deleted pictures, cache, temporary internet files, crash dump etc. These things occupy room on iPhone making a innocent user to think that they need to buy new phone. Apple has great product but they have no interest/intention to be fair to innocent users to provide tools to clear these junk files so that phone is usable. I cleared few GB of these junk files and my phone is in much better shape now. Being a tech savvy I could do it. Why can't Apple care for users and provide them tools. Feel horrible about Apple's unfair intentions.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I decided to download some updates into my iPhone on Oct 25. I pressed the button and put the phone down. A few minutes later I looked at the phone and it had Activation Lockout. I do not remember the password (stored in the phone). I spent 2.5 hours on phone with Apple support who finally told me to go to Apple store. I did that on the 29th. After 20 minutes they told me go home and support would call in 4 hours. They sent me an email that they would contact me on Nov 9th. I did nothing wrong for them to send the activation lock and I have to wait 2 weeks for them to do something about what they did. I will never buy another Apple product.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I purchase an iPhone 7S less than 2 years ago, I'm still paying the payments to my wireless carrier. While I was sitting in a car (passenger seat of course), the iPhone just stopped working. No the phone was not dropped, I was trying to call and all of a sudden, its mic stopped picking up sound. How does a nearly $1000 device simply stop working on its own? It was working few minutes earlier, and suddenly... stops working.

I called customer support, and they basically had me reset, then go to an Apple store, and then I contacted customer support. Each step, told it was out of the measly 1 year warranty, and though others have had similar issue, it's my fault for not buying insurance. Guess Apple makes devices that aren't meant to last more than a year...

Oh, and did I mention, I was dropped mid chat, and reconnected, only to have a 2nd "senior advisor" tell me I need to buy new/pay to repair. It's out of warranty he tells me... duh. Apple's poor quality is in stark contrast to the premium price they charge... and need to find a fairer resolution for its customers when their products simply break on their own.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

My daughter, 13 yrs saved 1 yr to purchase her first iPhone X. The phone was set-up to receive an ID. Account was frozen because Apple believes someone else tried to activate the phone. Was notified 4 days and to try again. Went to a local Apple store on Sep 19, was told this happens often and nothing can be done and it's a known issue. Called support Sep 19 with no resolution. Was emailed a recovery ID link to an Apple website, but an ID was never allowed to be set-up!

Contacted support again on 20 Sep. and told to send proof of purchase-I did. A e-mail was sent by Apple stating my daughter had to wait until 16 Oct so she could try again to receive an ID, 30 days and still waiting! I was told because she did not purchase the phone directly from Apple, it's assumed there is a security breach. But, we followed Apple's direction exactly on the set-up. I never received a phone call or email informing me I can try to set-up the phone again for the ID. Never, never will buy ANY Apple product in the future.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have an iPhone 7s model A1660 which is under recall and has never worked properly due to a faulty logic board. The company claims they will repair it for free, as they should, but this is not the case. After erasing my device completely and setting an appointment to send in my phone at the Apple store as directed online, I was told by the service staff that my phone likely would not be repaired if I sent it in as I was only having problems most of the time, not all of the time. I was also informed that because my warranty expired SIX DAYS AGO I would have to pay over $300 for a replacement phone, and I had no other options for repairs, despite their acknowledgment that the faulty logic board was the cause of my download speeds averaging 2mbps (which is significantly slower than dial up, for reference). I will never buy another Apple product, and I hope anyone who reads this will avoid it as well. I would rate this company 0 of 5 stars if I could.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I bought 3 iPhone 7 but one of them started to experience sound issues. As a result, I cannot make and receive phone calls. I spent 1 hour on the phone with their technical support to be told I had to make an appointment at the Genius Bar. The technician tested the phone multiple times and confirmed there is a hardware issue. I was told by the manager and the technician that there’s nothing they can do for me since the phone is not under warranty. They wanted me to pay more than 350 in order to repair it. I was very very disappointed with Apple. I paid $799 for a phone that lasted 36 months. As customer, we are paying for Apple poor quality products. That’s dishonest and unreliable from Apple. They should place label buy at your own risk on iPhone.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I got iPhone 5S gift from my brother. Very happy to receive such a expensive. All said wow to the phone. The phone was user friendly. It was very useful phone. Unfortunately it fell from my hand. Glass was broken. My mistake. But there was no service center in my city. Changed the glass since I had no other option from a iPhone store. Such a expensive phone but no service center nearby. I recommend you should have a guide in your site. Once something happen to the phone it's waste of money and no resale value. As well as no support from any of the site to register a complaint. All duplicate glass fit by a iPhone store didn't work for too long. Again gave back to the same store but it will be waste of money. Already spend on glass and connector. Now asking for the body to be changed. It's better to buy Samsung Edge or S9.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I took my daughter iPhone 6 plus to Fashion Valley Apple Store and after running diagnostic check all test was 100% except battery showed 88%. The technician told that, "You are under warranty and we could replace with new battery." I agreed as it was expiring warranty within two days. But when I came after 2 hrs to take the phone they gave me dead phone. My daughter started crying as she kept the phone so nicely in life proof case spending additional $127 for the iPhone.

They bought 3 refurbished phone and all had scratched as service replacement. I told, "I am not taking any scratched devices" and I spoke to manager TIM who was very arrogant in doing or taking further action. Also sitting there I called customer service but they are HORRIBLE. I am sitting with dead phone now. Learnt lesson of their inexperience and no expertise. NEVER WILL BUY such device only on the look of IPHONE or LAPTOP but will go with value of my money and good customer service.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

So I bought an iPhone 8 Plus less than a year ago and I’m already experiencing hardware problems. I send the phone in for repair (still under warranty) and they told me I can’t have my phone repaired because of a tiny scratch on the screen. They want me to pay 169 USD to fix them again, tiny scratch on the screen before they fix the covered hardware problem. Worst customer service I have ever experienced, and as a company they should fail. They have no regard for their loyal customers and expect us to pay 1000+ a year for faulty devices. Never buying an Apple product again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Many of the stocks I buy and sell have no news updates in 12.0 version upgrade and it does not show any older news articles as well. Their Apple stock news system is costing me money. These stocks go up and down at times based on news that pops!!! I ask others please send your thoughts to Apple asking for them to fix this if you’re like me. First time I ever considered buying a phone other than Apple!!! The older operating system used Business wire, the new system uses Apple News – needs to be renamed NO NEWS!!! This is horrible!!! Please please please fix this!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Very disappointed after an iPhone 7 which worked just fine up until the very day we activated a new iPhone 10 for the same line wouldn’t turn on. I call Apple support who directs me to visit a local store, the representative at the store plugs the phone in to his MacBook and runs a diagnostic check only to tell me the result is a malfunction that caused the iPhone to never be able to turn on again and recommended that I purchase another refurbished phone for $391. When I asked to see the report he advised me Apple's policy doesn’t release that information.

We upgraded our phone because it was time through our cellular carrier and we received a good deal on the iPhone X, not because the phone didn’t work... It’s a pretty big coincidence the very day we activated the iPhone X that the iPhone 7 completely shut down when there was no prior problems. Apple, I like the design of your phones but you need to learn how to show customer appreciation since we are the reason you’re in business because if you keep up these kinds of tactics, it won’t matter how much people like the product, they eventually will turn away from the brand.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My daughter's iPhone 7 Plus started experiencing issues with the sound which impacted her ability to make and receive phone calls. I spent 3 hours on the phone with their technical support to be told I had to make an appointment at the Genius Bar. The 'experts' tested the phone multiple times and confirmed there is a hardware issue. The manager and staff at Genius Bar said unless you have Apple Care the hardware is not guaranteed after 12 months. They wanted $149 to get a replacement refurbished phone. I paid $799 for this phone and was disappointed with the quality but at every turn they want the customers to pay for the poor quality of production. What a joke. Apple was built on the foundation of quality, reliability but this reputation has gone to the grave with Steve Jobs.

Apple iPhone Company Information