3.20/5

980 Apple iPhone Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I absolutely love my iPhone. The graphics are outstanding. I deepened the colors and bolded the text enabling me to see everything really well even though I am visually challenged. I use it for almost everything. I listen to music, stream TV and movies, read email, search the internet, shop online, play games, and use it as a phone of course. I love the convenience of the apps. The screenshot feature is very helpful! It's a great way to save recipes that I can refer to when I'm grocery shopping. I also use the share feature. I have sent bus schedules and the DC Metro map to my phone making it super convenient to check them and plan my commute. I cannot live without my iPhone!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Why I am rating Apple’s iPhone... All my comments apply to Apple’s (a) iPhone, (b) MacBook, and (c) iPad... All of which I own. First, I like the seamless compatibility of Apple’s devices because they sync innately. Second, Apple’s devices reliability is second to none! Communication between Apple devices is dovetail. Third, their apps and software, and third parties approved apps and software works without a glitch due to Apple’s first class quality control making them the Industry leader. Now, while one may complain about the premium price - my motto is - you get what you pay for! Nevertheless, Apple’s devices resale or trade-in value more than compensate for their initial price. Finally, keep in mind that all of Apple’s software upgrades are free; moreover, Apple’s customer service rivals that of Nordstrom’s!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

In 2017 I bought my mother the iPhone 7+ because she couldn’t put some of the apps on her original iPhone! In 2017, the original iPhone still worked!! The iOS was too out of date for current apps, which is the only reason she upgraded. I have the iPad Pro and love it. I’ve been using Apple products since the Apple IIc in the 1980s and Apple products last. They do what they’re supposed to, and you don’t have to be an IT expert to get them to work properly. I can do personal and work-related things on my phone or iPad with no problem. For work, all the enterprise software (Office 365, etc) works seamlessly.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I find using the iPhone so much easier than previous cell phones that I have had. I have everything at my fingertips so that is a plus. The only downside is that there are products out there that are not compatible with the Apple iPhone so you have to be careful what products you buy. I currently own the Apple iPhone 7X and I’m quite content with it. The speakers are very good even though I sometimes will also use a Bluetooth speaker to get more sound. One thing I do miss is fun ringtones. It’s hard to find ringtones that I can use on the Apple phone besides ones that are only available through Apple.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

The iPhone 7 is my first smartphone. I love the access to the internet, apps that let me check the weather, subway and bus schedules, Lyft reservations, maps and quick answers to queries...and the cat videos, of course. LOL. I don’t read newspapers, books or watch movies on the phone. I’m not interested in playing games, etc, on the phone. I use it for the basics and it’s fine for all that. Oh...one thing that is really useful is the camera. I am a beekeeper and can take great closeup pix of our bees and email/share them with my beekeeping teammates and document the progress of our hives. I loooove being able to do that. I’m impressed by the quality of photos in low light.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: June 23, 2019

My iPhone 7 stop working when I really need it during my vacation in Europe. I will skip the nightmare that I had without a phone in Europe. When I came back to the State I went to Apple store to repair it. I was told that the cost of the screen is $149 without taxes. I agree to pay but later on find out it is motherboard. I was told that it is “economically not beneficial” to repair motherboard (logic boards) and Apple refuse to do so. After spending whole day on the phone with Apple- they hang up three times, and refuse to give any discount on purchase of another iPhone that it is not 7. Basically I spent $$$ for iWatch, iPads and several iPhones to find out they didn’t care about their customers.

Original review: June 13, 2019

My iPhone XR of 5 weeks suddenly decided to turn off and refuse to turn back on. Apple techs tried forced restart nothing. Took to a authorised repairer who 3 days later decided to look at the phone and it turns on, phones and says, "Come and get your phone," without even checking the phone. 2 days later it turns off again. Return it to the authorised repairer who 5 days later emails me to say he was about to send it to Apple but the phone has now turned on WTF. Apple say they will now look after the issue due to their authorised repairer's incompetence. 1 week later I phone to see where the phone is and I'm told it has been repaired and posted back to me, I will have it in 2-3 days. The next day the idiot authorised repairer phones me to say he has my repaired phone... SERIOUSLY!! The worst customer service and communication and I was supposed to have a dedicated case manager, what a joke.

Original review: June 6, 2019

My son bought iPhone 6 from Apple store from Fairview mall, Kitchener. After 1 yrs 3 months phone has died. It has service station problem, they were not able to fix it. Apple is a big company that's why they don't care about the quality. They only know how to take money from customer. He was a student. He bought the phone from his first month pay cheque.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I have an iPhone 7 and until recently I had no issues with it, until I started an update. The update got stuck at "verifying update" for over 2 hours!!! I googled to learn how to restart the phone, which I did, however, then I had "no service". Believing this to be my carrier's problem (Verizon), I went to the Verizon store. They informed me this was not their issue but something they've been seeing a lot of lately with iPhone 7 users. They tried to fix it, but the phone kept getting stuck at the update - essentially making the phone useless.

I have been out of work for 4-months so I don't have money for a replacement or an upgrade, but I did need my "phone". Ended up calling Apple who explained they knew of this issue and if I sent my phone back to them they would repair or replace it at no charge. I still needed a phone, so in order to get a loaner phone, I had to go to an actual Apple Store. From where I was (Vero Beach, FL), the nearest Apple Stores were a 100 miles either north or south of my location. So needing a loaner and having NO options, I drove the 100 miles to the Orlando store.

I will now have to drive back to Orlando to return my loaner and get my repaired phone. Another 200 mile round-trip with tolls - still no job - still no income. I had contacted Apple Support, Apple Customer Service, the Apple Store Orlando Manager, and yes, Tim Cook himself in hopes that Apple would compensate me for my aggravation, stress and costs spent dealing with this issue - an issue they knew about and yet did nothing to notify users. Because they were not proactive, it put the sole responsibility of their known problem on my (the customer) shoulders.

After hours of conversations, sadly I have to report that Apple is not the company I thought it was. They don't seem to care that I have been inconvenienced because of their poor business practices. Until this situation, I had been a happy Apple consumer and reference. This is no longer the case. They have made NO attempt to do ANYTHING to help me in this situation. They will not compensate me for my time, gas and tolls. They have not offered to help with returning the loaner and getting my defunct phone back.

A billion dollar world-wide company can't do anything to help resolve a problem they created?? It's a sad day for all Apple users. NOTHING TO HELP. Maybe they don't care, but they have lost a customer (and reference) today. I will eventually get a new job and will then be able to upgrade, but it won't be to another iPhone. Also, I have other Apple products which I will promptly sell. I am completely disappointed in Apple, they have let me down.

Original review: May 31, 2019

iPhone is ok and all but it's still ** up. How some iPhones battery go down so fast???? And how y'all gonna make iPods but y'all chargers suck. Can't even keep a charger for so long until it won't wanna charge the iPhone. Like at least fix y'all chargers before y'all wanna make headphones to a phone that ain't even that great. #androidisforever

Original review: May 19, 2019

Recently both of my iPhone 8+ started dropping WiFi without any notification resulting in overcharges from ATT. The Apple customer service reps went above and beyond in resolving our problem. If everyone would treat customers like Apple then we would all be better. ATT basically said it was not their problem but to contact AppleCare. The only phone support from ATT is offshore and they are either unable or unwilling to transfer to a US customer service center. I have had such bad service from offshore centers I will not deal with them.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I just recently purchased an iPhone Xs through my carrier. After entering a dead zone or no signal zone and returning to an area with signal. My phone still has text option and internet data. But once I try to make a call, the call drops after 8 seconds. It has done this repeatedly until I completely shut the phone off and restart it. I’ve contacted my carrier and there’s nothing they can do but tell me to contact Apple. I contact Apple and they won’t honor their Apple care or warranty without me leaving a $1200 deposit hold on my credit card due to my location. Or I can send in my phone and wait 10 days.

I find this to be ridiculous for a phone less than 30 days old and $1200 plus $200 in accessories. Apple does not have a fix for this issue and doesn’t really seem to care. My coworkers are having the same issues and further research online shows many others are experiencing the same problems. Now I’m stuck with a $1200+ phone that is less reliable than my 7s.

Original review: May 13, 2019

We bought the Apple iPhone XR on dated 10-05-2019 form INVENT Apple Store at Moments Mall Kirti Nagar New Delhi-110015. When we saw the pic in demo on white background it was clear white but we purchased the same model the white background was showing in yellow colour then sales executive as approach us for service center and service center executive convey us that same model comes in three displays white, yellow, and blue. We are highly disappointed. The sales team did not convey about the three displays and they are also not guilty on that, they have cheated us. All the person who are reading this message please be careful at the time of purchase this model. The box can we white, yellow and bluish.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Frustrating because I started using Hearing Aids and Apple was the only phone Bluetooth compatible. Before that I always had an Android. I’ve never used a phone that frustrated me more in my life. The swipe is worthless, the voice dictation I’m trying to use it now I might as well have my two-year-old write it for me and then just correct the spelling. With my Android I used to write volumes to friends with very little correction necessary. I can’t go into all the problems because frankly I’m not interested in taking the time. Stay away from it. Don’t do it you’ll overpay. The Androids are far better now. It’s the reason Apple is dropping in value and will not stop until they correct this mess they created.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Apple phone batteries are the worst performance and battery will dry soon and also battery started bulging and damaged the skin by using Apple phone. Support person did not help at all since it's manufacturing failure for the phone and harmful to use these phones. After hearing skin damages and they did not concern about safety for the phones for who all facing.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Producing a $1k better be supported by value, I just don't see it same applies to iWatch, will do a better job choosing my devices this year. If you look at their sales and brand seems like every year they are falling. Could be due to Mr. Jobs no longer here. We need to be innovated and competitive. Feel like Apple has lost that niche.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Recently my iPhone 8 completely died. It was acting funny for several weeks, like shutting down randomly despite a full battery. The last time it shut down, it would not power back up. Took it to the Apple store and they were less than helpful. Instead of trying to help me resolve the issue or offer assistance, they just tried to sell me another phone! I told them I will absolutely not be making 2 payments, one on a phone that doesn't even work and I was told by your "Genius" - and I quote, "I don't care, I don't make enough to deal with this". I was dumbfounded by that reply and had to leave before I was the one escorted out by security.

A $800 phone dead after just a year. I've been a loyal Apple customer for 15 years and this is one of the worse experiences I've ever had as a consumer. Apple no longer cares about their service, nor stand behind their products anymore. I've had very positive experiences with Apple years ago which is why I kept coming back. After this, I will no longer be supporting them. But they don't care anyways, they longer care about their customers just the bottom line. I hope you enjoy my $30/month 'cause I sure do not enjoy my useless iPhone 8 paper weight. Shame on you Apple.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have been an iPhone user for many years and my last iPhone 6s worked fairly well until Apple sabotaged the operating system by automatically updating a phone which ruined the battery and efficiency of the phone, which they admitted to doing, consequently giving us older iPhone users a deep discount on a new battery. Well, that didn't help much and I was forced to look into getting a new phone. My friend had a family plan with Sprint and offered me to get what looked like a "FREE" phone plan under her plan with a lease purchase of a new iPhone 10r.

Well let me tell you... it has been nothing short of HELL! First of all when we signed up (she got a new Samsung and I opted for the iPhone 10r to replace my 6s), our experience at the Sprint store was around four hours! I had another Sprint service with Virgin Mobile (which is Sprint USA) but for some reason these salespeople don't know their left from their right at Sprint, and it became an exhausting process to switch accounts. Even a manager has to get involved which he didn't know much more than the rep. I left the store, got home and my phone did not work... YIKES! This is my only communication device I use for my business so you can imagine my anger after being there for four hours! I returned the next day, and they CLAIMED something was awry with the SIM card slot, so they replaced the whole phone and that took another two hours by the time they transferred my data... YIKES!

Anyways long story short, I have had constant issues with this second phone, even going back there again and complaining about so many dropped calls and audio quality issues, some tech person claimed he reset something but I have still had the same issues. I even spent three hours at the Apple store in November to have the phone checked out and they claimed it was OK. After reading numerous complaints in forums about this iPhone 10r it is clear that Apple has known about at least the audio issues for a long time and has not provided any clear cut solutions for their very expensive phones. It is a sad reality today and one that they should be held accountable for.

Secondly I do believe that Sprint just likes to sell and sell and sell phones without any accountability to congested cell phone towers and the building of new ones to address increased traffic. It is disgusting today that there is no accountability for any of these companies and we, as consumers, have to bear the brunt of losing sleep, getting stressed out, and wasting our own valuable business time on these morons that don't give a hoot about us! These issues really need to be looked into more deeply as they get worse and worse and worse!

Original review: April 7, 2019

I got a phone from Apple store and it always had problems with no help from Apple. 9 months after the purchase date the phone died completely. I went back to Apple store in Thousand Oaks Ca, and they said, "You need to buy/pay for a replacement." When I expressed that is unfair for a phone that lasted less than 9 months, the manager response, while shouting is, "This the only option we have. If you do not like it we need to move to another customer." I cannot express how frustrated I am with the poor product and the horrible customer service.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I had the unfortunate experience of forgetting the password for my Apple iPhone. Wow what a pain this has been. I had a video call that I needed to make today and no can do because Apple wont send a link to my email to reset the password a day or more out so I cant reset my password today and lose business. That's a good way to lose customers Apple.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Apple iPhone 7 modem fails 1.5 years old. Apple knows about these failures and provide free replacements for earlier model 7 phones but not mine, even though it is the same failure as the others. Plus, every time I attempt to call tech service, after a hundred diversions, someone answers, tells me they can help me, and then they hang up. Every time. They must get paid for every call they answer. Same phone a year ago, no one could ever hear me (still under warranty), and at the Apple store with my phone just sitting on the table, I was told they tested it and everything was fine. I asked how that was possible, but they just shooed me out the door.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I purchased an iPhone X last Feb 2018. My warranty expired on 2/28/19. On 3/12/19 my phone stopped working. Would not turn on. Went to two different Apple Stores. Told them about this problem and this is unacceptable. They could not turn the phone ON. TOLD ME PAY$549 and get a replacement. Why do they sell faulty products. I even suggested that I would be willing to buy an iPhone XS at a small discount but they said it's a different department. My phone is in mint condition which the person who was helping me told me. Asked him if any other customers had this problem and in reply he said YES. APPLE should publicize this and consumers should be made aware. I am really unhappy with how Apple tried to put their product first and consumer last.

Original review: March 17, 2019

The battery life is basically the amount of lease time of a phone and a customer should not have to go elsewhere to receive an affordable battery. The phone is only warranted for a year and this is why cell phone providers can draw people's in.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I recently bought the iPhone XR. I love it. Larger than my old phone. The new colors are really nice. Love the facial recognition. Only problem was the high cost. $800. I put my phones on TracFone. So of course I have to buy them unlocked.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I have had iPhone for many years, but am now thinking about getting another brand of smartphone. The problem I have is that I never seem to really own the phone. Apple controls the apps that I can use, and the system is continually asking me for my password. Another issue is that when I choose a free app, I am asked for my password and my financial information, and if I do not provide this information, I cannot download the app. I do not carry my financial information around with me and this is a real problem. I feel that the security of my phone is my issue. Apple should provide the security software, then leave me alone. I was actually harassed by the phone to provide a two factor ID. I am going to sell my iPhone 7+ and buy another that becomes mine after purchase.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Excellent products but could a little cheaper for average people. Almost all in our family has Apple product, especially iPhone which is very simple to used. Upgrading almost every new one comes along. Home computer is very good and fast, lots of options too, also excellent for wireless applications.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Fewer words is more my style. Reliable, secure and fantastic customer service. They keep amazing me with their skills and my lack of skills. The customer service is exceptional because I am a dinosaur with technology and they are exceptionally patient, WOW! What a concept.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My biggest beef with Apple is they control your music and apps and require you to be loyal to IOS for most things. But the quality is great and it is a USA company. I have been a Samsung user for the past 10 years but found the iPhone X very easy to switch to. Love the face recognition too.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Your products have built-in Opulence. After a period of time they can no longer be updated. This makes it impossible to update applications.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Does more than I use it for, being older I feel that they should have a day training program on DVD uses to go with the phone. Also always updating makes me wonder why it wasn't better to start with, like constant recalls on a veh, battery life is a at least a one time or more charging and all phone companies should agree to a singular charger for all phones would make sense!

Apple iPhone Company Information