3.33/5

968 Apple iPhone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have been an iPhone user for many years and my last iPhone 6s worked fairly well until Apple sabotaged the operating system by automatically updating a phone which ruined the battery and efficiency of the phone, which they admitted to doing, consequently giving us older iPhone users a deep discount on a new battery. Well, that didn't help much and I was forced to look into getting a new phone. My friend had a family plan with Sprint and offered me to get what looked like a "FREE" phone plan under her plan with a lease purchase of a new iPhone 10r.

Well let me tell you... it has been nothing short of HELL! First of all when we signed up (she got a new Samsung and I opted for the iPhone 10r to replace my 6s), our experience at the Sprint store was around four hours! I had another Sprint service with Virgin Mobile (which is Sprint USA) but for some reason these salespeople don't know their left from their right at Sprint, and it became an exhausting process to switch accounts. Even a manager has to get involved which he didn't know much more than the rep. I left the store, got home and my phone did not work... YIKES! This is my only communication device I use for my business so you can imagine my anger after being there for four hours! I returned the next day, and they CLAIMED something was awry with the SIM card slot, so they replaced the whole phone and that took another two hours by the time they transferred my data... YIKES!

Anyways long story short, I have had constant issues with this second phone, even going back there again and complaining about so many dropped calls and audio quality issues, some tech person claimed he reset something but I have still had the same issues. I even spent three hours at the Apple store in November to have the phone checked out and they claimed it was OK. After reading numerous complaints in forums about this iPhone 10r it is clear that Apple has known about at least the audio issues for a long time and has not provided any clear cut solutions for their very expensive phones. It is a sad reality today and one that they should be held accountable for.

Secondly I do believe that Sprint just likes to sell and sell and sell phones without any accountability to congested cell phone towers and the building of new ones to address increased traffic. It is disgusting today that there is no accountability for any of these companies and we, as consumers, have to bear the brunt of losing sleep, getting stressed out, and wasting our own valuable business time on these morons that don't give a hoot about us! These issues really need to be looked into more deeply as they get worse and worse and worse!

Original review: April 7, 2019

I got a phone from Apple store and it always had problems with no help from Apple. 9 months after the purchase date the phone died completely. I went back to Apple store in Thousand Oaks Ca, and they said, "You need to buy/pay for a replacement." When I expressed that is unfair for a phone that lasted less than 9 months, the manager response, while shouting is, "This the only option we have. If you do not like it we need to move to another customer." I cannot express how frustrated I am with the poor product and the horrible customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I had the unfortunate experience of forgetting the password for my Apple iPhone. Wow what a pain this has been. I had a video call that I needed to make today and no can do because Apple wont send a link to my email to reset the password a day or more out so I cant reset my password today and lose business. That's a good way to lose customers Apple.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Apple iPhone 7 modem fails 1.5 years old. Apple knows about these failures and provide free replacements for earlier model 7 phones but not mine, even though it is the same failure as the others. Plus, every time I attempt to call tech service, after a hundred diversions, someone answers, tells me they can help me, and then they hang up. Every time. They must get paid for every call they answer. Same phone a year ago, no one could ever hear me (still under warranty), and at the Apple store with my phone just sitting on the table, I was told they tested it and everything was fine. I asked how that was possible, but they just shooed me out the door.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I purchased an iPhone X last Feb 2018. My warranty expired on 2/28/19. On 3/12/19 my phone stopped working. Would not turn on. Went to two different Apple Stores. Told them about this problem and this is unacceptable. They could not turn the phone ON. TOLD ME PAY$549 and get a replacement. Why do they sell faulty products. I even suggested that I would be willing to buy an iPhone XS at a small discount but they said it's a different department. My phone is in mint condition which the person who was helping me told me. Asked him if any other customers had this problem and in reply he said YES. APPLE should publicize this and consumers should be made aware. I am really unhappy with how Apple tried to put their product first and consumer last.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: March 17, 2019

The battery life is basically the amount of lease time of a phone and a customer should not have to go elsewhere to receive an affordable battery. The phone is only warranted for a year and this is why cell phone providers can draw people's in.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I recently bought the iPhone XR. I love it. Larger than my old phone. The new colors are really nice. Love the facial recognition. Only problem was the high cost. $800. I put my phones on TracFone. So of course I have to buy them unlocked.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I have had iPhone for many years, but am now thinking about getting another brand of smartphone. The problem I have is that I never seem to really own the phone. Apple controls the apps that I can use, and the system is continually asking me for my password. Another issue is that when I choose a free app, I am asked for my password and my financial information, and if I do not provide this information, I cannot download the app. I do not carry my financial information around with me and this is a real problem. I feel that the security of my phone is my issue. Apple should provide the security software, then leave me alone. I was actually harassed by the phone to provide a two factor ID. I am going to sell my iPhone 7+ and buy another that becomes mine after purchase.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Excellent products but could a little cheaper for average people. Almost all in our family has Apple product, especially iPhone which is very simple to used. Upgrading almost every new one comes along. Home computer is very good and fast, lots of options too, also excellent for wireless applications.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Fewer words is more my style. Reliable, secure and fantastic customer service. They keep amazing me with their skills and my lack of skills. The customer service is exceptional because I am a dinosaur with technology and they are exceptionally patient, WOW! What a concept.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My biggest beef with Apple is they control your music and apps and require you to be loyal to IOS for most things. But the quality is great and it is a USA company. I have been a Samsung user for the past 10 years but found the iPhone X very easy to switch to. Love the face recognition too.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Your products have built-in Opulence. After a period of time they can no longer be updated. This makes it impossible to update applications.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Does more than I use it for, being older I feel that they should have a day training program on DVD uses to go with the phone. Also always updating makes me wonder why it wasn't better to start with, like constant recalls on a veh, battery life is a at least a one time or more charging and all phone companies should agree to a singular charger for all phones would make sense!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Overpriced, Samsung has a better camera but all the Apple-owned apps like iTunes can't be switched to Galaxy. They are glitchy. All you are really paying for is a name. Why do people have to pay a mortgage or car payment for a phone that will realistically only last about 5 years.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I am 63 years old and have been a android user for many years. I had heard the Apple products were better so I gave the iPhone XR a go. I love it. Its ergonomics are far superior, no more fat fingering, wow. I hated that about the Galaxy 6 keypad and their dysfunctional auto-correct. I’ve added all the apps I used on the G6, they operate better here. I am completely pleased with the move to the iPhone and will gradually transition all my computer bases needs to Apple.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

My experience with iPhone is not that great. While the product is stable, the user experience is nowhere near the Android phones I have used. So I limit the usage to basic stuff and use an Android for all major stuff.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

My father who is 83 years old forgot his Apple ID Password. He is also living in a nursing home and has no access to his Apple Computer. His phone is now completely Disabled. I (his son) spent over 2 hours with Apple Support who explained that his phone is forever tied to his Original Apple ID and Password unless he can reset his password. One option was to send his phone a TEXT with a code. That does not work since his phone is LOCKED. They can send him an email, but his phone is LOCKED. I, using my computer, cannot access his email since his computer always remembered his password. So, he does not remember his password.

This is all after wiping his cell phone completely out of all personal information. The phone starts with HELLO in 50+ languages just like new. But you still need to remember your Apple ID password. It seems that if APPLE was concerned with Privacy, that after the cell phone is wiped that a new Apple ID could be entered. But no. So we are buying another cell phone so my father can call his family. It will not be an APPLE iPhone and I have sold my stock in Apple too. The iPhone will go the way of Personal Computer.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The voicemail is awful, even on the iPhone 8. I have to plug in earphones to hear it - overpriced as compared to prices of some new Competitors' models. Have been an Apple customer from mp3; to iPad Air, to iPad 2017 and iPhones 6 to 8. Find the lack of an easy connection to flash drives and other ways of transferring files and photos bad. Will not buy Apple in the future unless they improve the lightning connector and a way of transferring files via USB.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I absolutely love my iPhone. The graphics are outstanding. I deepened the colors and bolded the text enabling me to see everything really well even though I am visually challenged. I use it for almost everything. I listen to music, stream TV and movies, read email, search the internet, shop online, play games, and use it as a phone of course. I love the convenience of the apps. The screenshot feature is very helpful! It's a great way to save recipes that I can refer to when I'm grocery shopping. I also use the share feature. I have sent bus schedules and the DC Metro map to my phone making it super convenient to check them and plan my commute. I cannot live without my iPhone!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I love the iPhones... I usually don’t have the latest greatest one. I wait a year and then try out the newest product. But I would like to see the prices come down a bit. I’m in the Morley now for a new iPad and am waiting for the prices to get a bit better. Thanks Apple.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

It was foolish and shortsighted of Apple to discontinue the SE. I don't want a larger phone!! I will have to seriously consider other brands in the future if all Apple offers are larger phones. Having said that, I have been very pleased with the phone, though the battery life has been disappointing.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My daughter splashed her iPhone 8, which is supposed to be waterproof according to Apple. Customer representative at the The Falls store in Miami was a real jackass and pulled all excuses on the book not to even listen to our complaint. He said “NO PHONE IS WATERPROOF” and kick us out from the store, extremely disappointed, switching my whole family to Samsung!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Why I am rating Apple’s iPhone... All my comments apply to Apple’s (a) iPhone, (b) MacBook, and (c) iPad... All of which I own. First, I like the seamless compatibility of Apple’s devices because they sync innately. Second, Apple’s devices reliability is second to none! Communication between Apple devices is dovetail. Third, their apps and software, and third parties approved apps and software works without a glitch due to Apple’s first class quality control making them the Industry leader. Now, while one may complain about the premium price - my motto is - you get what you pay for! Nevertheless, Apple’s devices resale or trade-in value more than compensate for their initial price. Finally, keep in mind that all of Apple’s software upgrades are free; moreover, Apple’s customer service rivals that of Nordstrom’s!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I love my Apple phone. This is my 3rd Apple phone. I never have trouble with it. The other thing I like is it stays the same for the most part no needing to learn a large software change. It is very user-friendly. Mine last a long time. I love using the Facetime feature to see family that lives out of state. It keeps us closer. The camera is great also. My only complaint is that Apple products are so expensive, but their quality is the best in my opinion.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Have had five iPhones - love the product and the service. Prices are outrageous and I refuse to ‘rent’ a new phone so I’ll pay $900 for my next phone - but no more after that until the prices become reasonable. Apple needs to become less greedy...

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Apple products look better, last longer, perform better, and are much more secure. They may cost more, but it is a small price in the overall realm. iPhones are simply the best and iOS is so intuitive.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Apple products work well within their own ecosystem. I own an iPhone, MacBook, MacBook pro, iMac Pro, Apple TV, Apple Watch and iPad and they work well together. Apple however need to worry that their price point is increasing and that may affect the number of people able to afford one.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I love my iPhone, the only problem I have with them is in a years period of time the battery health and maximum capacity for charge decreases significantly. But overall I find that I like Apple phones much better than any Android phone I’ve had before.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Pretty reliable product. I have owned one for several years and have never really had an issues with it. The phone is very durable. I have dropped mine a few times without scratching it. I've also got a little water on it without any issues.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

In 2017 I bought my mother the iPhone 7+ because she couldn’t put some of the apps on her original iPhone! In 2017, the original iPhone still worked!! The iOS was too out of date for current apps, which is the only reason she upgraded. I have the iPad Pro and love it. I’ve been using Apple products since the Apple IIc in the 1980s and Apple products last. They do what they’re supposed to, and you don’t have to be an IT expert to get them to work properly. I can do personal and work-related things on my phone or iPad with no problem. For work, all the enterprise software (Office 365, etc) works seamlessly.

Apple iPhone Company Information