Apple iPhone

Apple iPhone

4.0/5 (814 ratings)

About Apple iPhone

Apple iPhone Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple iPhone?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

While other cell phone manufacturers are making tremendous headway in this space, Apple continues to lead in innovation, technology, design and practical functionality with its highly integrable iPhone line up. These phones are extremely user friendly, integrate and share data seamlessly across other Apple devices and take the guesswork out how to stay connected today. The only thing I don’t like on the new design is that they no longer have a input for headphones and/or auxiliary cords. I know it’s a bit old school, but it would be nice not to be “forced” into expensive AirPods and not being able to play music if you have an older car that isn’t equipped with Bluetooth but does have an auxiliary jack.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I am an Apple lover. I really like their products. I have a few of them. As far as the Apple phone X I like most everything. The feel is good. Not too heavy. The design looks is excellent and allows for many apps. It comes with some apps when you buy it. The sound quality is good in almost every area except at a few locations. There are more features than I can comprehend and still don’t know everything after a few years. I wish they would have a pamphlet instead of it all online. However, there are features for everything you could possibly want or need. The phone charges relatively quickly based on the cord you use to charge it with. The speakers have good quality. I definitely would recommend this phone. Apple technology is always moving forward at a rapid pace, which you can always count on.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Hi! I've had an Apple iPhone for several years now. I started out with the Apple iPhone 5. I now have the Apple iPhone SE 2020 Model. I really like it my phone too! It was affordable compared to what other models cost and it's light and compact. I did not think that it was necessary to spend a minimum of hundreds of dollars more for a phone, even if I wanted one! It has good sound quality and the camera works very well. This phone is not difficult to figure out and operate. There are nice colors to choose from like the red phone that I purchased. I've recommended the iPhone SE to a couple of my friends who are thinking about getting a new phone. I think anyone would like this particular phone!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I have been an Apple fan since my first iPhone3. My first brand new iPhone was a 5 but I didn't have another new one until I was kindly gifted an iPhone XS Max about 18 months ago. The phone has the same consistent build quality that you come to expect from Apple and the software is updated often. It is comfortable to hold and hasn't failed me yet. The display is clear and the accessibility options help with my failing eyesight. The security features make it less attractive to thieves and the 'Find My' app makes it easy to find the device if it's misplaced. Although iPhones are expensive I have come to appreciate the quality that I would definitely recommend iPhones to others and would buy another new one.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

Been an iPhone user for years. Kept my six until last month and got a 12. Like the size of the screen, the unit overall is compact and easy to handle. Graphics are sharp, features are pretty much the same. The camera is more of a professional grade even on the 12. Daughter is in real estate and she opted for the next level up to help her with the pictures, and videos of property. It is pro quality. The phones are by Apple so it goes without saying that they are top of the line, but you pay for that, they are pricy. Noticed the sales guy had another brand, asked him why. His answer was simple. I can do everything I need with this one, pretty much what you are with that one, and this one fits my budget. Last comment, the screen needs more protection.

Original review: June 30, 2021

My daughter had the XSmax display replaced April 21. Nearly $400. FaceID worked fine before. Phone not used until yesterday. FaceId won’t work. Took it to Apple Store. Said we wasted money and sorry can’t help.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My son forgot his passcode to his iPhone 11. For the first two days I worked with Apple support (Day 1 = 2 agents - one was great, the other clearly hated her job/life and made a point to wield what little power she has in her life by hanging up the call when I told her I already completed the steps she was suggesting). (Day 2, same as first day. I guess it's a 50/50 chance of getting help or someone intentionally terrible). After 2 days of errors, without doing anything different or changing anything the error I was getting went away. Weird timing, because the restore process wasn't completing for 2 days, then when I said it feels like this is intentional it suddenly was fixed. But the funny thing was it was only fixed AFTER the agent told me to submit a password change request for my son's iCloud account.

I know for a fact his password was the same as his Xbox password, but for some odd reason that password quit working as soon as the phone began the restore process. The password reset is a 72 hour process. Why would Apple waste millions of dollars on human interactions for password resets when it should be a self service process? What would be the motivation to throw that money away, while damaging the brand and diminishing the customer experience? Perhaps it is intentional...they use slave labor, rape the environment for natural resources needed for the phone, and treat us like crap when we become customers. Perhaps it's time I took stock of my morality and stopped supporting this type of evil. DO BETTER, APPLE.

Original review: April 8, 2021

In 2018, when XS was launched I bought the iPhone X because features were very similar. After the warranty period, the camera got a black spot on top right corner. When I went to the store they did diagnostic and found nothing that I had done. It was a hardware issue but because the warranty was over they did not cover it. Now 2 days ago out of nowhere there is a big green line appearing on the right side of screen.

I went to Apple Genius today and the guy told me that warranty is over so I have to pay another $365 to fix the issue. Again I had not done anything wrong to the phone. He did the diagnostic check and hardware had no issue. It was quality issue he said but again because the phone is not under warranty so they will not cover it. This is such a rip off. They make sure nothing happens for one year and then the hardware starts failing so it is not covered under warranty. Extremely unprofessional and unethical. I hope more people learn about this and take a stand against this ruthless monopolistic greedy giant.

Original review: March 15, 2021

On 3/13/2021, I placed an order (**), on Apple.com. During checkout I was given two choices for the order; mail devices to home by Tuesday, or Express Pickup at local store (Apple North Star). The item was listed as available today, so I chose Express Pickup. A logical person would assume express pickup would mean, the item would be available to the purchaser sometime today, since the order was placed at 12pm noon. So about 3:30 I head to the mall, assuming, the device would shortly be available. I stop by the Apple store with my purchase information and was greeted kindly by manager Andy.

Andy stated processing usually takes a couple of hours. I educated Andy, the order was made at noon and it was 4pm at time of discussion, which is 2 x couple of hours. Andy called some corporate number and stated he was advised the order was showing still processing, but to wait on the pickup email and ask for him once I receive it and I would not have to wait in the entrance line again. Well, it's now the end of day two and the store closed already.

I called Apple.com regarding my purchase, and the young lady who answered the call asked what she could help with and I explained I was calling to check the status of my purchase. She advised me to hold on and the next thing I heard was the automated system asking me to enter the extension of the person I was trying to reach. I hung up and had to call back and spoke with a male customer service rep the second time, who stated they were reviewing my payment information and it should be cleared up in the morning. I inquired why would they they need to review my payment information and for what concerns? He stated, sometimes there could be slight errors that are reviewed and have to be cleared. I educated that I was in the local store the day before and if any information needed to be verified, then that would have been the best time to verify any concerns.

The truth is, all of this has been a load of crock. These are operational issues and apple has demonstrated that after a year of closure, no one was intelligent enough to have a reopening plan in place. They have demonstrated a failure to timely process orders and provide standard customer service; which is the bare minimum below good customer service. We knew they lost the vision of the company when Steve Jobs died, but it appears they don't even have leadership capable of reestablishing a functional operation. Instead of fixing the problem, they chose to treat consumers as if we're all ignorant fools they can side track to cover their own failures. I've cancelled this order and truly understand now, how the android market has come this far into taking over a market once ruled by Apple.

Original review: March 13, 2021

I thought I was getting better, security, dependability, and image capability. Not so. Here's why:

1- Mandatory updates = progressive privacy invasions by Apple. If you don't agree to all of the terms, you don't get security and software updates and your device will malfunction, shortening its lifespan.

2- No replaceable battery, so when their built-in one dies, you're out a very expensive phone.

3- Between the built-in battery and software obsolescence you will have to buy a newer model in 3-4 years.

4- Lack of compatibility with non-Apple devices: Yes it goes both ways, AND Apple has upped the ante by making it impossible to download my photos from my Iphone to my non-Apple device. Iphone doesn't allow access to a non-Apple device, so other device can't recognize it for the USB download. Yes, I've followed all of the instructions on both ends, have the right equipment, downloaded the suggested space-intensive Apple software onto my other devices (which did not help and is almost impossible to completely remove), and have complied with all other "suggested" options. No, it's not a settings glitch. So, my only options to transfer my photos off of my Iphone are to:

a. Buy another Mac/Apple device with the hardware to do photo processing/editing.

b. Upload to the cloud, and not be able to fully access them for the same purpose. If I upload to the Apple Cloud, I'm also signing away my privacy, yet again, can only view/edit with their proprietary software (incompatible with other manufacturer's devices), and have to pay for additional Apple Icloud memory to store them. In effect: my images and other data are stranded/locked down by Apple.

5- Iphones are becoming as hackable as other devices.

In these times, our data is valuable and insecure regardless of precautions. At least an Android will allow me to function, store my images on my other equipment, and enjoy being creative again.

Apple iPhone Company Information