2.79/5
Based on 270 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

801 Apple iPhone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Worst cell phone since the Motorola Razr - I fully regret downgrading from the iPhone 6 to the X. The GPS and WiFi only work half the time. The system is slower than the iPhone 6 Plus. The brightness auto setting barely works in comparison to older iPhones. Don’t waste your money.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I used to like Apple. I received an iPhone Six for my 11th birthday and I was excited as this was my first phone. My phone worked fine originally and was decently priced, then things started going wrong. WIFI problems - my phone would disconnect from the wifi occasionally and I would have to reconnect if I realized, I wasted mobile data because of this stupidity. I also had trouble connecting to other wifi and other wifi would take forever to show.

Battery problems - the battery ran out quickly. My parents knew this and told me that the battery ran out quickly and this was the reason my grandma wouldn't upgrade her phone from a five to a six. Slow loading - nothing else to explain. My phone stopped working one day and turned out I needed to update. I know all about slowing down the phone... Apple scams. My sister's iPad keeps on telling her to sign into her iCloud account, obsessively. I have a Google pixel now and I'm way happier.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

My Apple iPhone 7 recently stopped being able to both send nor receive calls. The technician at the Genius Bar at Apple store admitted this was a known issue for some Apple iPhones 7s. They went further to say the only fix they have is to purchase a new phone for a reduced rate of $319.00 (plus taxes). Basically trading my "old" one in. When I asked why they would not just fix this known issue or recall it, she said initially that was the program, but it was discontinued. I bought this phone last June, a few months outside of the 1-year warranty.

Despite taking meticulous care, using an Otter Box to protect my phone it has this issue. I basically have a texting only device now. Further, there were memos leaked where Apple admitted to this known issue. I am extremely frustrated and do not want to be forced to purchase a new device especially after the one I have is not working and the Apple company doesn't stand by their products when they are defective. A shame.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I'm extremely careful with my iPhones and have never had any issues with breakage or damage. I received the 8Plus as a Christmas gift along with a traveler Otter case, where the button is exposed. Everything worked fine until the end of May when I took it out of my purse and proceeded to take a photo to forward to a friend. NO problems! Then I pressed the button to take another photo and the phone froze! That was it. I could not turn it off or get the home screen, only the apple sign. I went on-line and tried all the tricks to re-boot the home page but nothing. I did get it to shut off and reboot, but it only went back to the apple insignia. When my husband came home and took a look, he noticed a small little indent, like a pen might make, on the edge of the button's circumference. It was barely visible.

Could a pen in my purse have leaned against the button? Those were the only 2 items in my purse's phone compartment. And how could a pen do such damage with no force? It was in my purse and there was no impact. I'm flabbergasted at the delicate and vulnerable nature of this button. We do not have insurance and I was told the motherboard is connected to the button, so the "damaged" button is causing a software problem and will not be covered under the 1st year warranty because I damaged it?

I also discovered that the Otter Defender cover for 7/8plus has a button cover and you can still use the button. It is $60. Once you cover the button (Or use tape!) you can go to settings and set a virtual button that floats around your screen. Why not have this in the first place? There seems to be many others who are also having issues with the 7/8's button. Perhaps a class-action suit should be filed to force Apple to fix the defective part for free. It's like having a car bumper that crumples at the slightest impact. Not practical, or acceptable, for a trillion dollar company.

Original review: July 30, 2018

It's my opinion that Apple Inc. puts its updates out to improve its newest products glitches, while knowing it will cause multiple problems with its older models that are advised/forced to do the updates as well. I have been forced into buying new phones every couple years because as soon as I update any of my 5 phones there are instant problems, some rendered inoperative, and some that just piss you off so much by not working correctly that you can't stand it anymore!!! I despise a company that purposely causes damage to its older products forcing people to "upgrade" just so they can make the almighty buck! I personally will never own another Apple product again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have had an iPhone X for three months and am already on my third phone. The facial recognition keeps malfunctioning. It also seems to freeze up and needs rebooting often. I have gone to the Apple store in South Portland Maine and they made me feel I was only one this was happening to. Now I know that is not true. Very disappointed. My other iPhones were very reliable.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I purchase my iPhone 8 on Mother's day through AT&T plan. I also brought the battery case. My phone was dying a lot at new purchase time and completely power down and coming on without me resetting. Frequent turning off and just dropping had no cellular data on even in Wi Fi area and weird scratch noise occasionally with low volume and folks not hearing me. I went back to store. They advise to remove battery case. It cleared up dying so much but other issue still remain but was less frequent. Only happened once in a while. My phone would get hot frequently over the last few weeks and issue arose again with battery dying not holding charge and power off and come back on as if nothing happen at full power of charge.

Went back to store. They tried to assured nothing was wrong and volume was working at store. Please keep in mind that lost charge and battery power down was random and not constant. The noise and volume speaking scratching noise was random as well. So I stop going to store and started calling. Each call two or one hour long. They walk you through all those reset and BS for issues to still be there but temporary work. Apple and AT&T has lots of notes on my account from these complaints. They basically stated was small glitches and if persist they could do a warrant exchange only.

On July 9, 2018 I had had enough of paying for useless phone that died and came on as if nothing was wrong and not being able to hear and weirdness. I called. Was in process to set up for my phone to be exchange. It died five time in a two hour session while on phone with them. The rep called me back several time and on recorded line stated she heard noise and could not hear me to use another phone.

The call dropped, I allowed the phone to charge and went to work. Once done at work powered phone on. Heard loud scratch noise and pop. I was scared I actually fell hard. I was scared. Thought phone exploded. I hurt myself bad and glass from phone was in my hand. My phone was literally stuck to my to the palm of my hand. I went to ER and need stitches but had clue to my right arm elbow right hand and wrist and left hand glass the disengage phone from skin. I had cuts in hands, both knees and leg was scratched and bruised bad.

The phone was not operable. Also I place a incident report with Apple as AT&T. Said I am ineligible for insurance replacement because phone has noted on my account warranty issues. Apple told me to send picture doctor's note so they could send to engineer and give me options. After being without a phone for three day injured missing work they said they can't help me because phone has physical damage and they are not paying for repair nor new phone nor medical because pop did not cause physical damage to my phone. My fall cause physical damage... HURT and Disappointed with Apple...

Do anyone have a clue or attorney to help me on malfunction brand new phone that I am still pay $1000.00 through AT&T plan for. I have no phone injured by scare from malfunctioning phone. Apple saying battery issue and noise and pooping scratch noise not their fault because I fell on phone? How can that be right fair or kind to a faithful customer who only asked to take phone. Investigate please be sure no one gets hurt and replace my non working phone at no cost to me. Do not worry about medical days off work on money and months spent on half working phone. They never really address correctly at beginning? HELP.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I bought my son an iPhone 6 last Xmas, he is only 10 and he was so happy about that phone, bought it promo in ATT which was my carrier back then for $200. I am a single mom who works 2 jobs, $200 is a lot but seeing him like it was the best thing I ever given to him. My son was a victim of bullying, he is small for his age, I love him so dearly and I am very protective of him. Almost 3 wks now we switch carrier because of poor signal, when we went to the carrier to activate the sim card, they saw my son iPhone got a damage, swelling battery. I called Apple and they sent me a box to send it back to them to do repair.

After few days said I will get it back 1-2 business days. We did not get it, my son has a summer camp before that and expecting the phone to bring it with him, he left without the phone, now I am travelling 2 1/2 hrs every other day just to make sure he is alright. It cost me too much just to travel and see him, not just that, the stress that I'm travelling back and forth, the exhaustion. Besides the fact that I paid the bill just few days ago without the phone being used.

The problem is, the FedEx lost it, trying to contact them everyday and the Apple for whole 2 wks now, demanding immediate response and send the phone back to me. They said they have the process and trying to investigate before I could get the phone back. It's not fair, I'm not even part of it but I have to sacrifice effort and financial because of that. Apple is just too stubborn to send one, I am tired of waiting, I need a phone to communicate with my son. Thank you.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I am very frustrated with Apple. I initially had a problem with my iPhone 7 making and receiving calls however everything else worked as normal texts, internet, apps. I took it to my cell phone provider. They looked up my serial number and said that my phone was on recall and to take it to Apple and they would replace it. I absolutely loathe going to Apple for anything because of how busy it is all the time. Even tho I hate Apple stores I still have been team iPhone since they came out. I also own all Apple computers. Have had several generation iPads, iPods and Apple watches, but after this experience I may be saying goodbye to Apple. After I waited for three hours they told me that they had to send my phone out to be fixed and therefore I was left without a phone for a week.

I tracked it every day and when it said it had arrived at the Apple Store I called and they told me it wasn't there even tho track my package clearly said it was delivered. They gave me the runaround for two days until I finally got someone that told me I was able to come in. I waited two hours this time they handed me my phone and told me to have a nice day. While I was walking out powering my phone on and it wouldn't turn on. I plugged it into a charger. They had and a picture came up that said iTunes and a picture of a charger with an arrow.

I flagged the person down and showed them. Then they told me that Apple wasn't fixing my phone because it seems that my screen has been replaced which It was a whole year prior and the issues I was having were due to the recall. So not only did Apple not bother to tell me they were using the screen being replaced as an excuse not to fix my recalled item, leaving me without a phone for a week, waste hours of my time, but they gave me the phone back completely broken. I may not have been able to make calls but my son could have surely used it on wifi to play games surf the internet and iMessage. Apple should be ashamed of themselves. I have spent so much money with them way more than I could really afford so for them to give me my equipment back in worse condition than I gave it to them is wrong.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I called Apple customer support and asked them to replacement my iPhone 6 battery. They declined to give me loaner phone while my iPhone will get replaced (expected time 2-week including shipping). 2nd they asked me to phone for shipping charge. 3rd their local service Center asking me to bring the phone first then they will review and place order for battery. I asked who will pay for twice driving 100 miles. They stated they practice this way. So just for battery replacement, I've to drive twice. This was affiliated service center.

4th I drove to Apple Service center at Des Moines. First they took my iPhone to clean the charging jack and then came back with an giant excuse. My phone is little curved...so it doesn't qualify for $29 battery change. They can do for $295. I asked them...how is my iPhone got curved? They said they don't know. I don't know if iPhone is curved or they curved it to force me to buy next iPhone.

It seems to me they are practicing this way to enforce customer to invest in next iPhone. My cell was never serviced. I questioned if curved phone was sold to me... Their excused it's over a year and since I never reported so it's not covered. This seems these tech has been asked to force customer indirectly either pay more for battery change or get into new iPhone. This is totally a crime.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I recently downloaded a security app that did not give the price at the onset. When it was downloaded it I immediately got a message they were charging my Citi card 29.99 for the app. I immediately called Apple Customer Service and asked them to delete charge; I also immediately deleted the app as I was fearful it was a scam although it was in Apple’s App Store. I received my credit card bill and the charge was on there so I disputed it with my credit card company and they returned my money. Then I noticed my payment information needed updated on my iPhone. I called Apple Customer Service and was told that I could never use that card again on Apple ID because the card was used in a dispute. I don’t use another credit card so now I cannot download a free app or pay my iCloud storage. This should be illegal.

Original review: June 22, 2018

NEVER in life buy a APPLE product because they think people a literally stupid. My brand new iPhone 10 which I had since April 18 fell out my pocket and shattered the back glass screen. I then called Sprint and said I pay 17$ a month for insurance am I covered for a replacement? Sprint then checked my account and said they only cover lost or damaged phones and Apple Care covered broken screens and malfunctions so I called them a WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

From 12:40 pm to 9:00 pm 6/21/18 night I was on the phone trying to explain my self in English because all they know how to speak is ** BABY LANGUAGE! I was told from 12:30 pm to 6 pm to bring the phone by any Apple store and they will give me a replacement which I tried to do but APPLE White Plains is closed, Greenwich Apple had no appointments for 6/21/18 and Yonkers Apple Ridge Hill the closest to me had no appointments until 6/27/18!

So I then called Apple customer care to have them express mail another iPhone 10 and he goes all the kid games. After being told from 12 pm - 6 pm I was covered Apple now after I leave work and came in Apple started singing another tune! Every roach in the entire store cursed me out and told me I was crazy for keep calling Apple Ridge Hill for a replacement because as per Ridge Hill store after typing in my serial number 20 times, I have no Apple Care Plus Protection on my account!

Can anyone see whats wrong with this picture here. I am paying 1000.00 USD for a phone am covered both by Sprint protection and Apple Care Plus and Apple KEEPS TRYING TO TELL ME FROM 6 PM TO 9 PM no I am not! Asurion even gave me a case number to give Apple and told me I can go to any APPLE store with my case number and phone bill pay 100$ and they will fix the screen.

Even after getting a case number I called APPLE Ridge Hill back before they closed a 9 pm just for them to tell me again I AM NOT COVERED AND THE CASE NUMBER IS INVALID. I just got fed up after being on the phone with Rotten Apple from 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm a entire work shift which they are not paying me for, I went on Apple Support, made a claim for a phone repair and boom! Best Buy in my hometown was another option to get the back screen replaced per Apple so I will be getting my phone fix by Best Buy and not Apple because Apple Ridge Hill said I am not covered. Lol. However the Apple website says I am haaaaaa! Right and my only deductible will be 100.00 not 300 and out of warranty ** baby store they tried to make me believe.

As you can clearly see Ridge Hill Store tried to make an extra 200$ side cash off of me and when I call there today and spoke with the store manager he still had no remorse or even offered an apology to me after tell a 10 year + customer to wait until 6/27/18 oh and pay 300 to fix your phone you are out of warranty when I wasn't! That's a scam in itself and he just sat on the other end of the phone with an attitude as if he was the one lied to.

I then told him he and the whole staff at Apple Ridge Hill should be fired and the roach really said stop making threats. Haaa yes he did. I then said what cop can you go to in America and tell them a customer called the store and said you should get fired is considered against the law? Haaa told you they are low income, peasant ** babies. I then said I will come by after work in my Mercedes just to show you I am not some type bum your store is portraying me to be. He then again said that is a threat. Haaa it's a threat to say I will come by in a Mercedes to show you I am not a peasant.

Dont trust Apple Ridge Hill and never buy any Apple products because even if you are covered under warranty the whole entire store and Apple Care customer service will force you to pay full price for repairs that are suppose to be free and really cheap! They are disgusting and again the entire store should be fired, no one apologized for telling me for 9 hours that I was not covered and had to pay 300$ when I was covered and only needed to pay 100.00. Screw Apple. I even threw away my Mac notebook and iPad due to this situation!

Original review: June 3, 2018

My iPhone 7, well under a year old, will not connect to any cell phone network. I have Verizon service. I took it in to the Verizon store where I purchased it and they put me in touch with an Apple rep who explained that I had a recalled phone and that I would need to return it to an Apple store for repair. It had not been working for about a week. As anyone will understand, this is a problem. The nearest Apple store is 177 miles from my residence, a 354 mile round trip. It will take a minimum of 5 days to repair and they will give me a “loaner” and I must return that and pick up my phone in person... Over 700 miles of travel for an issue of their making that is now my responsibility. Seriously? Yes. I later spoke with a senior customer service person named Keith who suggested I mail the phone to be repaired, with an unknown turnaround time and no loaner.

Obviously, none of this is acceptable. Apple has no interest whatsoever in taking care of a recall in a way that is convenient for the customer. Exactly the opposite; it is at their convenience. A cold, arrogant approach to “customer service.” I am still without a working phone and am at a loss as to how to proceed without spending hours on the road to an Apple store or a Best Buy with sketchy chances of proper repair without cost to me. Others have been charged hundreds of dollars for claimed nonexistent third-party modifications that voided the warranty. (Please research the recall experiences of others). This is, obviously, a maddening situation. Apple made no effort to advise iPhone 7 owners of this recall are making their mistake the responsibility of their customers. Shameful. My last Apple product.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Like many iPhone 6's, my battery started to struggled. After waiting 4 weeks for a replacement battery to arrive, I dropped my phone off at Apple to replace it. Later when I went back to pick it up, they told me that they could not fix it because when they opened the phone, they claimed that a 3rd party had made some modification or it was a phone not purchased through Apple. And so therefore they will not touch it in any way. The thing is, I purchased the phone at an Apple store and I have never had it serviced anywhere ever. So they refuse to even attempt a fix, and customer service will not do anything for me. Not a replacement (I would be fine with another 6) or any kind of voucher toward a new phone. They basically sold me a modified phone, then said because it had been modified they won't help. I've been scammed Apple, and customer service basic response was "we don't care".

Original review: June 2, 2018

After a few days I updated my iPhone its battery suddenly started draining really fast then it stopped charging. I took the phone to the Apple service center since it was under warranty, however they refused to accept it because of a tiny dent on the metallic body of the phone. Only if they could have told me to take care of it like its some crazy highly unstable antimatter bomb!!! I took it to a local repair person which was the only choice I was left with. He replaced what's called the U2 IC, and it started to charge again. However the battery keeps draining in 4-5 hours. Again wasted more money. It's my second iPhone. Again lasted only for a year and a half. I spent so much money on this phone. One of the worst experiences in my life. Hope no one has else suffers like this. And it's creepy at the same time since no one knows how their destructive update algorithm chooses its victims. So creepy.

Original review: May 12, 2018

They are worried about the battery. I paid 750 dollars for this phone and the phone is junk and I can't get Verizon or Apple to fix it even though I have warranty and insurance and I am finding out it just not me and my phone. Lot of the iPhone 8 are nothing but trouble.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Phone was locked out by Apple because I turned off find my phone to reboot, could not answer the security questions. However I had 3 of them recorded on paper. Worked 4 days trying to get new log in details, talking with Apple they froze me out wanting me to send them a record of buying the phone. They knew I had the phone for 2 years. Because they told me the date when I bought it. This is a scam to remove the older phones from the market preventing sales of the personal phone!!! It did not matter what I told them about the phone. They found excuses to freeze me out. No I did not steal the sorry phone. BOOKS... CAN BE OPEN TO SEE THAT I PAID MONTHLY. This is buying a Ford and GM telling you when or where you can operate it... Very, very, very upset, it's hard to get to the person on the other side of the phone. This cost me extra money. Now I know how they pay their CEO 1,000,000 dollars. It did not come out of their pocket.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I have tried to be a loyal customer to Apple. I have purchased dozens of Apple products - but never again! First, the fact that the software design is "intentional slowing my iPhone 7 Plus" is extremely disturbing!!! Second, None of your Apple devices are compatible - the charger on the iPhone is not compatible with the previous chargers on the iPad; nor the Apple Watch; which is not compatible with the new MacBook - which is not compatible with the charger for the prior MacBook Air! This is called insanity!!! It is a pain in the ass to carry 5 chargers on vacation or business travels. My Apple TV devices will not allow me to watch with Amazon Prime nor Google Movies. I plan to shift my future business to Microsoft and Google!

Original review: May 7, 2018

Apple iPhone 7 - I had the same exact issue as "Holly of Catawba, SC". I wonder how we can connect. I had the same issue and my phone wouldn't turn on during business trip in Las Vegas. They ALSO told me there had been 3rd party modifications done to my phone and that they couldn't replace it. I bought this phone 6 month ago, it's under warranty and I even BOUGHT AppleCare. When I bought, it had issues with GPS and the following day, I went back and they gave me another phone (So, I don't even know if it was brand new?).

I had never had this phone serviced and have no idea how to open this sealed phone, so there shouldn't have been any modifications done. I insisted on a replacement and they refused saying it had been tampered with. Basically it is my word against theirs and they have nothing to lose. I was away and needed another phone, so I had to pay another $350 to get a replacement phone. I wonder if others had the same issues. I am thinking small claim court.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Apple stole my money under fraudulent terms. I have had Apple iPhones for years, but I am now feeling the unpleasant nature of learning that they are controlling everything I do and seem to be using sophisticated scamming techniques to get money from me. The most recent is when I contacted Apple to put money in my Apple Pay so I could use it anywhere. I wanted to make small gaming purchases and then use it with Apple Pay at other locations. They now have a good chunk of change from me, unfortunately, I will never be able to use the money as it was intended or make payment at other locations.

I learned of this when had a payment declined. The first “hint” something was awry was on May 5, I called to find out why the card I purchased on April 24 still was not showing up. The Apple rep was able to fix that problem and she sent it immediately. But it did not show there was any money in. I again called and found they would make sure the money showed up. It never did and when I tried again to use Apple Pay on May 6, I had an embarrassing moment when it declined.

I spoke with an Apple representative again, but this time I was told I can only use the iTunes gift card at iTunes stores. I explained that I was told by an Apple representative to just purchase an iTunes gift card and the money would be available to use immediately in my Apple Pay. When I asked for assurance this could be used with my Apple Pay, I was told absolutely, I could use Apple Pay anywhere it was accepted and by filling the gift card I would have funds available.

I was horrified and contacted Apple for a refund, but was told no. They do not give refunds on gift cards. I explained the error, but was told again, no. Then I tried to file a complaint, but found that the only websites for Apple complaints was the Apple website. Under the complaint section, complaints similar to mine had few or no answers and would not let you add a reply. In other words, you cannot complain about Apple. They tell you what you can do and not do, they take your money and will not respond to complaints. I scoured the Internet only to earn the only one controlling Apple issues was Apple. They are in strong control.

I, on the other hand, have had it and I intend on making some noise about this. How many others have had this situation happen to them. How many millions of dollars are sitting in Apple accounts that have come from people like me who acted on what they were told, but find out it was incorrect information. Apple stole my money. Who else is out there have had this happen to them? It’s time to get together and put a stop to it. Please respond if you need to make your case against Apple. I’ll start here, we can expand as we need. Please respond to **. Let’s see what happens.

Original review: May 2, 2018

So tell me what company makes you wait 14 days to be able to get into your own account because you forget your password on your Apple ID? I am beyond annoyed... First it was 24 hrs... Received the email to reset and it was changed to another 13 days. Are you kidding me? All I need to do is reset my password. I know my passcode for my phone, my iCloud ID. Never once did it ask me to reset or ask security questions to be able to even try to. Just went into account recovery. I don’t need account recovery. I need to reset my password so I can access features on my phone. Called customer service and was first hung up on. Called back and spoke to a Jasmine who told me and tried what I have already done which I told her at the beginning of the call. Way to listen. Asked for someone that can help me resolve this as waiting this long is just unacceptable.

I get a Rob **. I guess that was his name. Gives me the line of, "We can’t do anything. Security reasons." I get it you want to be secure. I asked him if he found this acceptable to allow me as a consumer to prevent me from gaining access to my phone features. I was told yes. Are you kidding me? I know and can answer everything but my password. All I want to do is reset it. I asked to speak to someone above him. He refused. Said he was the above all to end all. I was upset to the point of tears. My husband took the phone and tried to talk to him as well trying to get an explanation of the time frames and why so long. Rob had no idea. Asked again to speak to someone else higher. Was placed on hold for 15 minutes. Was told the person would not get on the line as they could do nothing. Was told the person was Lee **.

This will be the last iPhone I buy. I never asked for a recovery of my account. God forbid anyone else forget a password. I use the great future of the face recognition that I don’t have to do so. And when it does need it I can’t remember and I can’t reset and I am penalized for it. Oh if I have another Iproduct I may be able to reset it that way but damn I only have loved and needed my iPhone. All I want is to reset my password. Why is this so hard? Guess others are having the same issues as I have found other reviews the same. Such a shame. Be secure. Don’t be ridiculous.

Original review: April 23, 2018

This is my first iPhone and I just don't get it. How can this company get away with providing such a bad product? After trying to get Apple to replace my iPhone 7 Plus for 4 months because the microphone would not work properly (sound came through very muffled and far away) the replacement had the same issue. Guess all iPhone 7s have this issue? The phone locks up all the time even after software updates, and does not search through my cellular data when Wifi is not available. I am going back to Samsung which is a MUCH better product.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I have an iPad, few years old, stored away in a safe location except for the occasional use now and then. I still have the original packaging that it came in and everything looks brand new. The device can hold close to full charge for days. Then I noticed the iPad keeps dropping network connection. Tried all troubleshooting including resetting and erasing everything. As a note, other devices on the network have no issues including an archaic Android. In the past an update bricked my iPhone and as consumers we have to take action because Apple is going too far with these tactics. Every time I had to reset, I have to register with Apple which shows they think the products we buy still belong to them. Not sure the next course of action but this is totally unacceptable.

Original review: April 19, 2018

My phone, extremely well cared for, never dropped, all of a sudden after 1.5 years started acting as if a maniacal ghost were on it. After bs Apple replies I discovered my brother-in-law had the same issue with his 6S. 2 in one family? Started researching and discovered a class action suit. Apple replaced the phone for $149 with the same model, and then promised a $200 gift for all the trouble. Had 30 days to claim, and I claimed it after 25 days, then never heard again from the rep. Email twice and called twice. Only get the Apple recording at her office. Joining the class action and telling everyone never to buy Apple again.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I purchased an iPhone 7plus from an AT&T store in September of 2017. The phone was new in the box. On April 6th at about 10 am my phone just went dead. It had a full battery just a few minutes before. It wouldn't turn on and wouldn't take a charge. When I went to the AT&T store, they said that I would have to take it up with Apple because it was under the manufacturer's warranty. When I called Apple, the soonest they could get me a replacement phone was a week later. When I told them that was unacceptable because I had an elderly aunt in my care, they suggested I go to the Apple store in Charlotte to have it replaced.

When I got there, they said that they couldn't outright replace it, but would give me a loaner and would send it in for repair. They gave me an iPhone 6 as a loaner which wouldn't hold a charge and was operating erratically (texting things I didn't type and not letting me type things I wanted to; freezing up; opening apps randomly, etc.). Apple then called me and said that there had been 3rd party modifications done to my phone and that they couldn't replace it. They would repair it for over $300 or I could purchase a new phone.

I had never had this phone serviced so there shouldn't have been any modifications done. I insisted on a replacement and they refused saying it had been tampered with. Basically it is my word against theirs and they have nothing to lose. They are forcing me to spend more money with them instead of standing behind their product. I am HIGHLY dissatisfied and feel like I have been taken advantage of. I haven't purchased another phone yet. I just don't think I should give Apple any more money when they don't stand behind what I have given them up to this point. I have always been an Apple advocate until this incident.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My iPhone X which I had for less than 3 months turned off all of a sudden and the next day the battery started swelling in the phone. It swelled up so bad the phone cracked apart in the middle on the front and back of the phone, exposing the entire inside of the device. I was in Thailand when this happened, and anyone who has been there in April knows it is extremely humid and very hot. I had to truck around this phone that was now exposed to the elements for the next 2 weeks before I was able to get back to the United States and take it to Apple.

The Apple store evaluated the device, checked for any other damage besides the battery and also checked the water damage indicator to make sure nothing else could have caused this to happen. There was no indication of water damage or physical damage to the phone so they sent it off to "Apple Repair Center" for them to look at it in more detail and told me the phone would be replaced... Everything so far has been handled like it would be expected, until "Apple Repair Center" decides the phone must have had water damage before the battery swelled up because there was corrosion inside the device.

The device was cracked open in a very humid environment for 2 weeks and the battery exploded and leaked all inside the phone, of course there is corrosion!!! Their response to that was "we have determined there must have been water damage prior to your trip to Thailand, because the corrosion couldn't have developed like this in only 2 weeks." So they want to charge me $550 for the phone that they already charged me $700 for 3 months earlier...THAT IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE BS!!

First of all, the Iphone X is supposed to be waterproof/resistant so how did water get inside the phone if there was no sign or indication water had entered the phone before taking it apart to see corrosion? Second of all, if there was corrosion in that phone before I went to Thailand, then it was in the phone when I received it brand new! That phone was never near any kind of liquids or submerged in anything...it blew up on me before I was ever able to make it to the beach to use it for photos!

This is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable for your repair facility to SPECULATE and tell me there is water damage inside of this phone that must have been there prior to the battery swelling up and exposing the inside of the phone. The battery swelled up out of nowhere causing the entire screen of the phone to come disconnected from the sides of the phone. Due to this manufacturing defect it caused moisture to get inside the phone over the course of the next 2 weeks before I was able to return to the United States and bring the phone in for repair. You are now trying to charge me to replace the phone and claim water damage is in no way valid and needs to be handled in the correct way. iPhone X - F17VQF65JCL6.

Original review: April 10, 2018

A few months ago, I replaced my iPhone 5s with a X, as the battery on my old phone was giving out and the phone started to shut down unexpectedly and often. I thought an "upgrade" all the way from 5s to X would be an amazing experience. Gosh, do I miss my 5s. And oh boy do I miss Steve Jobs. I'm perfectly willing to believe that Tim Cook was an amazing COO and probably a much more decent human being than Jobs ever was (his reputation proceeds him). But from what I can tell, Cook is by no means visionary. Sure, a lot of things (a LOT of things!) are different on X, but they definitely are NOT better, at least not for my purposes. The X is much more complicated and not NEARLY as intuitive as the 5s. I have had it for months and I'm still learning how to use it. I even get confused about how to turn on the flashlight after I've logged in with face recognition. (In fairness, the face recognition is AWESOME!)

One of the things that I hate about X the most is the new Apple-proprietary Lightning connection for headphones. My 5s of course had TWO connection ports for accessories, a traditional 3.5 mm headphone jack and a lightning port for charging and other needs, such as connecting to an older music player without Bluetooth. I used to love to charge my phone by connecting it to my laptop, using a Lightning to USB cable, while at the same time listening to music through my non-Bluetooth headphones, via the separate 3.5 mm jack. Now I can't do that, and I have to use a 3.5 mm-to-Lightning adapter to connect my headphones to my iPhone. Oh, I am sure there is yet another adapter that I could buy to divide the single Lightning port to accommodate two connections, but enough with adapters already.

I've owned iPhones since almost the day that they were born (I bought the first model in July, 2006, after waiting on line for hours at the iconic 5th Ave. Apple store in Manhattan.) I've stayed with iPhone in part out of laziness. I'm not very techy, I loved my earlier model iPhones, and each new model seemed to be a vast improvement over the previous one, yet they evolved in such a way that I always found the new models to be very easy to learn and use. With my X, I'm kicking myself for not researching Android options before I shelled out a full grand for a new X. Bummer.

Original review: April 6, 2018

When Apple first came out with the iPhone updates our whole family (4) started having problems with phone freezing, not holding charge, slowing down etc. When the news came out about battery replacement I called Apple support as they recommended, and after having been on the phone with them for over an hour doing diagnostic testing that they said showed my battery was "perfect." Yet they couldn't explain why my phone was suddenly slowing down and freezing and stated I probably need to update my phone!! I finally said I demand a new battery, that of course I have to pay for, and I would like them to order one. They stated they'd order it and I'd have to go to the store and waste another 1-2 hours there while they "replace" it. I never received a call or email from Apple that the battery was there.

When I finally followed up with Apple support myself, they told me it should have been ordered and it "should be there". Anyone who has dealt with Apple stores knows that you cannot call there directly, the menu shunts you right back to the 800 Apple support and you go in circles. I finally went to apple store, waited for an hour only to be told they had no extra batteries, and apparently there was none ordered for me by Apple support. Then 3 weeks later I finally got an email that a battery was there and again wasted another 2 hours waiting for them to "install it." It is stunning at the lack of efficiency in this system, that lack of customer service, and the never ending circles you have to fight through to get anything accomplished with Apple.

I am thoroughly disgusted, their customer service is abysmal! And since the help service is outsourced and a private company, Apple doesn't give a damn about it nor can you get any feedback or have anyone respond to your complaints (which I submitted as well). As an Apple user with (4) phones, (2) MacBooks, desktop Apple, iPods and iPads (among my family) I expect and deserve better customer service! I am no longer a loyal fan!!!

Original review: March 29, 2018

I have been very upset that my iPhone 6 has slowed down a great deal. My battery was tested and it showed it to be healthy. Think Apple has done this so that it will force you to buy an iPhone 8 or an iPhone X. I do not buy their excuse the new software does not run on the older phones. My iPhone was running perfectly until they slowed it down through a software update and this was originally done without the customer's knowledge. I also learned for the first time today that when Apple does a screen share on your computer they record your computer. As a customer I don't like the fact you are forced to have your computer recorded if you need to screen share with a tech agent. I don't think any customer wants their computer information recorded. There is no telling what Apple will do with that information. We saw the problems with what Facebook did with their members' information.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Updated my phone in October 2017, got the new iPhone, from the first day it was useless as a phone, I couldn't understand what people were saying, after a while with it if I get a call I just pass it to my wife to answer. I have even borrowed friends phone to make a call. Today I took it back to the store. They looked at it and it was ok to them, so I came Home got my old Samsung Galaxy S5 put the SIM card in and now I'm happy. Never have another iPhone, pure garbage.

Apple iPhone Company Information

Apple
www.apple.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business