Apple iPhone
3.62/5
Based on 264 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Apple iPhone

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 17, 2018

763 Apple iPhone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

After updating my iPhone 7 with the latest software iOS11 my phone would no longer connect to any of my Bluetooth devices, I could not accept incoming calls and when attempting to restart/hard reset the phone would sit at the Apple icon for several hours. I went to the Apple Store at Arden Fair in Sacramento, CA. I was told the phone needed a "hardware swap" meaning a new phone and that it couldn't be repaired. I was still under warranty and was told the phone would be covered under warranty BUT, that I had to pay $140.00 plus tax for a new screen before they would replace my phone. They argued the warranty doesn't cover cosmetic damage therefore Apple won't honor the warranty unless I pay for the crack on the corner of my phone. Apple forced me to pay them money before they would honor their own product warranty. (Picture of phone attached.)

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I’ve always originally been an Android person up until 5-6 years ago when I purchased my iPhone 5s for 700.00 dollars at Walmart. I loved my phone up until the last few months when it took forever ever to respond! Then I watched the news about how Apple intentionally slow them down with one of their updates. It all makes sense now why my phone just chugs now. I’m so mad that I’ve officially decided that I will never give Apple another dime or my time. They can kick rocks!

I just purchased a Galaxy S7 and I love it! It’s wicked fast. Apple is a thing of the past in my book! Just another corporate giant stealing and take advantage of customers. Way to go Apple!!! You have definitely lost any trust or faith I’ve ever had in your products or services. And just because I don’t have my receipt from roughly 5-6 years plus ago disqualifies me? Total disgust! I can’t begin to tell you how many important phone calls I’ve missed for interviews because my phone will not properly respond to incoming phone calls!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My daughter took her phone to get the battery replaced at the Apple store. The $29 battery ended up her costing $170 because the corner of the glass was broken. They needed to replace the whole screen. I had my other daughter's battery and glass replaced at the mall repair kiosk for $90. Should have went there again, forget Apple.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Having extreme difficulty with Apple customer service to replace battery in my iPhone 6. Been trying for over a month to replace battery after Apple downloaded app affecting my battery performance and phone speed. Nothing but the run around. Been on the phone multiple hours and got promises but no results. I will not buy another Apple product.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I went to visit an Apple Store to get a $29 replacement battery, as advertised. Please note that this offer was made after thousands of customers complained of Apple intentionally slowing down older iPhone due to batteries. At the Northridge store the genius gentleman told me to wait for Apple to send the battery in 4 days. I said, "Alright, will do". I recently got a phone call that it will be 13-14 weeks later. Not 3-4 days. Also, when I called the customer service advised me unofficially to trade in my phone to get a new one, LOL.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apple?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

My daughter of 17 bought herself a iPhone SE in December 2016. Yesterday the speakers stopped just like that. After examining the support engineer at Apple store Amsterdam says it's rust and that the only option is buy a new phone, no guarantee, very limited compensation (cost of phone €300). 1. How can a headphone jack get rusted, the phone had normal usage and is in perfect shape always screen protector and case and very caring owner. 2. How can a company report his highest profit ever and at the same time be so cruel to his loyal customers, I buy Apple products since 1994 and currently have a brand-new iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6S, iPhone SE, 3 iPads and an iMac. I am disappointed and mad.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I bought iPhone 5s to my wife in Jan 2017, from December 2017 having issues with phone. It is not restarting, keep showing blank screen. Need to keep the phone idle for 1 or 2 days to get the phone back to normal. It happened 3 times within 1 month. Then I decided to call the Apple Customer care on Jan 17 to report the issue. Over the call representative said that phone warranty is going to expire soon, luckily I called them and they found the issue exists and they need to send the new phone since it is in warranty. She took the shipping details and said that she placed a request to send a new phone to my address in 5-6 business days. I waited for 7 days and then called back Apple about the status of order, they said the request was cancelled and they don't have a reason why that was cancelled.

Since the problem exists they said will place another request to sent the phone, but they don't have the stock available and need to wait until they get the stock back. But the problem is my wife phone is not working and she doesn't have any option to make/receive calls. When I asked them to send her at least some phone until they get the stock they rejected to do it. I keep on calling them to get the phone, but they are not sending it. I had very good opinion on Apple from long as I have used 4s, 5s and 6s as well, but with this experience now, I am really disappointed with Apple products. Can anyone suggest me what to do now? Since my wife phone is now out of warranty with not working phone and Apple is not responding correctly.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I have had an iPhone 6s for a while, lately it has been slow and lagging. A friend said it might be because of a slow battery they used for my model. I tried calling the store on a break. Spent 15 minutes on hold and wasn't given a chance to leave a message. So I drove out of my way after work, waited 10 minutes and was told I could wait another 20 minutes then they could see about ordering the part. I don't get why they wouldn't' let me leave a message so I wouldn't have to drive out of my way for nothing. If I need a part for my car they let me know if they have it and order it.

I wasn't very happy so I called Apple. They said it should be 4-5 days before they would have the battery at the store. After about 10 days I called support again and they didn't know when the battery would be in. I just want to understand the logic. They put crappy batteries in these phones, wasted a few hours of my time, my phone is still lagging a lot, on top of that they charge 30 dollars for the battery, they don't even try to make things right, I'll probably switch to SAMSUNG.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

While ice fishing at Apple Canyon Lake in 16 ft of water on 01/15/18, I dropped my pole into the lake. As I retrieved my pole, my phone fell in! I purchased a new iPhone 6 on 01/17/18. Then was able to retrieve my submerged phone with pole & hooks on 01/15/18, dried it on a heat register overnight & it works! Had only OtterBox???

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Contacted support for help in resetting password on IPhone 7 Plus after 30 min on phone being disconnected twice. Was told there was nothing that could be done, it had to go through the “recovery” which could take up to a week or more. This is absurd.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I am writing to you regarding my recent experience with Apple customer service. I was one of the unlucky consumers that needed to get a new battery. I read the article that your company posted on how to accomplish this. I called the Apple support team and they set me up for an appointment for 1-5-18 @ 1110. During that call the customer service guy noted that the nearest Apple store is 60 miles away and he apologized. I completely understood and was not at all upset to have to drive the hour and half through Portland traffic. When I get to the Apple store in Tigard OR, I was about an hour early. I checked in with the folks there and told them my name and I was there to get new batteries for two iPhone 6s Plus phones. He informed me that I would still have to wait an hour before someone could help me. I waited and was finally helped around 1100.

When the customer service guy started to help me, he said “you are here for new batteries?” I said, “Yes.” To which he replied “I don’t think we have them in stock, we will have to order them and you will need to come back.” I told him that I lived an hour and half away and it would have been nice to know that I would have to make a return trip and is there anything he could do? He replied no and ordered two batteries. Needless to say I was extremely upset at the complete waste of my time, and gas that it took to drive from Albany OR to Portland OR. I left the store and called the customer service number I called to set up the appointment. I first spoke to a woman that understood my frustration but could not do anything. I asked to be transferred to someone that could help. She transferred me to Jennifer, a senior advisor.

At this point I had been on the phone for 32 minutes. Jennifer asked me my problem and I told her that I was extremely unhappy with how I have been wasting my time. I told her that I needed someone to make this right. I informed her that I felt that Apple should, at the very least, pay for the batteries. Jennifer put me on hold. After 45 minutes of being on the phone she told me “I cannot offer you free batteries. I show you have only started calling about this since January and since it is not a recurring problem, I am not authorized to do that.” I told her that I understood it was not a recurring problem, but a problem that was caused by Apple and should be made right. She said that had I called and complained more about this, then they might give me the batteries for free, but since I have just started calling about this, there was nothing she could do.

I asked if I could speak to her supervisor and she said she was the highest I could talk to. I said, “you are the highest person at Apple?” To which she said no, but she was the only person that could have helped me. I would like you, or whomever is reading this, to please put yourself in my shoes. I was trying to fix a problem that your company caused, and all I get is the runaround. I cannot imagine that $59.98 is the limit you place for customer service? Everyone in my family owns an iPhone and/or iPad or iWatch. I am asking you, to please help me and make this right.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I bought an iPhone 6s Plus April of 2016. Within 9 months I had my phone replaced 7 times. Would go to the store. The defects would not be fixable. They would swap my phone for a new one that was great on their part. Unfortunately all the phones I received came with same problems. Today January 11 still have the same problems but worse. These are the problems I’m experiencing pretty sure you will too on any series for the defects come through their updates: No Bluetooth connection. They don’t tell you if that is very poor signal. If you have a watch attached there will be no other connection. No one can hear on the other line.

If you use an iPhone for business, your business will suffer that’s because when you get calls they can’t hear you or when you think you left a voicemail they never got it because they can’t hear you. IOS11. Click on an app either call, message or any other there will be a lag Or it will freeze. This a new problem that came with that update. After the iPhone 7 Throughout their updates the music on your wired headphones have lost a lot of volume. And if you use their headphones jack they don’t work (if this is happening to you don’t bother spending money on any earbuds that’s because it’s the phone forcing you to accept no phone jack. Ridiculously slow on iOS 11. My mother’s phone which cost me around $220 is faster than mine. Touch screen frequently will not work. I have to reset this phone every day to get it going. And it’s not the memory as they use blame it on the issue on the past.

I still have more than half the available. Battery life on a full charge. You will get an average of 2 hours before its completely drained. Conclusion: I had an iPhone in the past it froze and never turned on because of an update. Went to android. Had a warranty issue, decided it to give Apple another try just to be Ripped off. This a $1249.00 phone very expensive and like I mentioned earlier my mother $220.00 phone is more efficient. Don’t be fooled this is an American company that became a powerhouse by robbing the American people. Now when You call them They put on hold.

They ask for Your number in case you get disconnected, But never call you back that’s because they have no clue on what to tell you Except that they have more phones now all over $1.000.00 without even fixing it their previous issues, but you Could unlock your phone with facial recognition who asked for that they make stuff that is useless like it was a great feature . My relationship with Apple has come to an END. I’m afraid to do the updates on my iPad which I just got. I’m the president of one of the largest insurance firms in this country and I just put a policy in. No more Apple products for any of employees. Will look for an alternative product.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I have always had many Apple products (iPhones & iPads). In Dec 2017 after doing the latest (requested by Apple) update to my iPhone 6s+, I have been experiencing dropped calls, no reception bars (when I always have had good reception in my home for last 15yrs). Called AT&T thinking it's a tower problem, they checked. Nothing had changed. Still showed same reception rate, etc. Tech girl helps me reset phone, etc. but still no better. Phone has continued to degrade battery life & strange glitching occurring (phone won't reset screen from sideways to upright) without turning off & on. Tech girl said, she never does the updates until absolutely has to (I've heard these suspicions before).

Right after my whole frustrated ordeal, I now hear Apple creates "planned obsolescence". This is ridiculous that a company should be allowed to get away with this, as it amounts to consumer fraud (in my opinion). Buying a new iPhone should be my choice not Apple's. I know many appliance companies do the same thing but we don't have to replace a new stove or refrigerator in just 2 yrs & Apple's phones/products are almost as expensive. For the first time ever (I've always had Apple) I'll be having to go with Samsung when I replace this phone & iPad, hoping Samsung will have better/moral Business etiquette/conduct than Apple.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I phoned my local Apple store to set up an appointment to have my iPhone 6 Plus battery replaced. I was transferred to someone outside of my locality but she assured me she could book everything with my local store. So she booked me an appointment to have my battery replaced in 4 days time. When I went to the store, which is far from my home and way out of the way, they said they didn't have that part in store. So they booked an appointment to have service done but then failed to make sure the store they were booking with actually was able to provide the service. All this because my iPhone 6 Plus has been slow for about 4 months and lagging at every key touch.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I have been using Mac/iPhones since I can remember now. 15 or more years later I'm so over the whole scheme. I have a iPhone 6 plus for only 2 years...of course it’s slow, lagging, now the screen is black. Of course it is because there’s the 8 and the X on the market. This force to buy "upgrade" to the next phone is ridiculous! If I want an upgrade it should be MY choice not! Apples. Guess what?! You’re not giving them away. We have to purchase this overpriced phone for more money every time and for what exactly??? 3 different features? Or oh so my camera can actually open up on time smh... over Apple's **! All the money I spent and can't have a phone for more than 2 years. This is just bad business and highway robbery. DONE WITH APPLE.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

The Apple help website - in my experience has never provided accurate information when setting up a Genius appointment. When you do set up a Genius appt, you still have to wait. I have an iPhone 6 with a bulging battery. No appointments are available for the Valencia CA store, so I called Apple. Steve told me it was due to the high volume of battery fixes. After asking for an appointment after 5 pm and requesting to lodge a complaint (not against him). He placed me on hold again, connected me to the Valencia store and I got a circuit busy. This is as good as being disconnected. This took 23 minutes. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. I have 3 iPhones, 1 MacBook and 4 iPads and am on the verge of going ANDROID.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

When Apple slowed down the older iPhones, I had an iPhone 6. It started to malfunction and I went to the Apple Store and purchased a new iPhone 7 thinking that my iPhone 6 was in need of repairs or something and it probably would be better to put the money into a new phone. I know Apple is replacing batteries on the old phone for $30 but that does not help me with the expense of my iPhone 7 for which I am still making monthly payments. I feel there should be some remuneration for people as myself who are paying out several hundred dollars for a new phone when there was no need to do so.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Totally unhappy about Apple's intentions with the iPhone 6. I started to notice a slower performance and reduced battery power in the last four months. Since then Apple's intentions and actions have been become public, I feel that we have been deceived and cheated... My phone has become very slow and I'm having to re-charge my battery twice during the day with minimal usage, not what I bought a couple of years ago... hopefully Apple will remedy the situation quickly.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I have been paying for music through Apple, but defaulted for a month. Now I can't update ANY apps. I can't download FREE apps because my account is defaulted. What a joke. I'm not paying for music from them anymore. There are plenty of quality music apps out there. Plus I am buying a non-iPhone soon due to the updates causing my phone to be much slower. I used to think this was a great company, but lately their business practices have been questionable.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

It took me 3 days to activate my iPhone. I switched from a droid because I thought it was a good deal and I would finally convert over to iPhones. BIG mistake! I have had nothing but problem after problem with my iPhone AND to make matters worse, it took me 3 days to activate it because the 3rd party support team on the other side of the world used my phone's serial number for someone else's device. Suspicious? Yeah. Really weird. I couldn't understand anything they were saying when I called for support. I have had this phone a total of 3 months, I hate it.

It has not charged correctly the entire time I have had it, and because I bought a "previously loved" device, there is no warranty. I'm pretty sure I'm out the $250.00 for the device which is a piece of crap. I've cleaned it too... with toothpicks, brushes, rubbing alcohol, canned air. I've done hard resets, I've wiped it and started over, I've bought 2 new cables and wall blocks. Nothing works. I got screwed on this deal and I cannot wait to get rid of this piece of crap iPhone and Virgin Mobile once and for all.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

This was the best helpline, tech support etc that I have ever had. This lady, Miss Leonda was fantastic. Extremely knowledgeable and so friendly I felt like I was talking to a close friend. She had great patience as I am not especially tech savvy. While solving my problem she took the time to explain things to me and educate me on a number of things. I was trying to get my new iPhone set up and save all my info from old phone. With no clue how to do this and forgotten passwords and many other limitations on my part, Leonda calmly walked me through everything. She even made it a pleasant experience.

Many people are quick to write negative reviews when they have a bad experience. It's easy to let a good experience go by unappreciated but this experience was exceptional. I am so grateful to have gotten her on my call. My hope is that this review will find its way to her supervisor and she will be recognized for her outstanding work. Thank you Leonda!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

This iPhone 6 has been a nightmare. Initially I thought it was a network problem. I contacted Sprint customer service and I was assured that the problem was not a network problem after some tests they ran. I’ve been experiencing drop calls, delayed or not receive texts and notifications. I went to the Apple store twice already hoping they can find a solution and of course they didn’t. After reading the reviews on this page I know now that it’s a hardware and software problem; it’s an Apple problem. Going forward I’ve been also having issues with the battery, some functions on the homepage, not being able to send a texts while on a call, which wasn’t a problem before. So yes it’s progressively getting worse and worse. What a mistake it was purchasing this phone. I will be going to the Apple Store tomorrow and I will get a new phone. Hopefully that’ll solve the issue.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Hello everyone. Apple phone is one of my best and most used device so far and I would really say I am enjoying the uses of it, but nowadays I don't know why my iPhone suddenly stopped working and also the charging point won't work anymore unless I switched off the phone.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I have iPhone 6 and I updated with new iOS 11.2.1 but the after downloading the performance has been very slow response. I contacted Marlton, NJ store and they said I need a new iPhone. My wife has the same phone but without the updated software and works fine. There was no warning that once we download the new software the cellphone will performance will be compromised. They also said Apple cannot reinstall the old software. Very disappointed???

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Had a perfectly good iPhone 6 worked great, was sent a update, downloaded update, change some functions of phone, then they send another update which were claimed to fix last issue, made more issues, sent another update suppose to fix more bugs, WRONG! Made things even worse, now the latest updates have home screen options doing totally other functions, they flubbed my perfectly fine phone and turned it into the most frustrating piece of crap in the world.

Some examples, try sending your location and the screen turn to trying to send a new text message and blank screen. But if you press Share Location right after you hit the camera button you fool it and it goes to Share Location. Or trying changing from one text to another, you have to hit the text icon on corner 12 times before it changes. But when it changes it go to the edit text page. Or go to camera, wait about 15 seconds for camera to load, take picture and instead it goes back to home page and miss that life moment. The phone now has a mind of its own!!! YEP THIS MUST BE CAUSED BY OLD BATTERY. BS. Now I see on the news this and they are trying to turn the BS back onto the consumer and sell a $80 dollar battery for the $750 dollar problem to cover up that they have screwed us. There was nothing wrong with my battery until this recent push, obviously caused by Apple.

They need to definitely be hit with a lawsuit to replace and or upgrade all these customers that were affected by this. They deny doing this to force you to keep buying new, which is BS, Apple has become greedy reaping billions off us consumers, they do make great products, however their technology obviously got ahead of themselves with updates focused only on the new phones. I WANT A NEW PHONE without all the stress. It is a known problem, stand behind it, don’t expect to sell a $80 battery to me to fix your caused problem. SO DISGUSTED FOR CHRISTMAS!!! Thanks??? You are falling far from the tree rotten and full of worms.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

We were asked (by the phone) to update the iPhone 7. After the update the phone would not work. It would not come on or receive calls... You could not call out... Great security here!!! When we finally talked to Apple we were informed there might be a charge to fix THEIR phone after THEIR requested "update" caused the phone to crash and quit working!!!! There is not an Apple store near us so we need to drive, 2 hours, to get THEIR phone fixed after THEIR requested update and we were told there might be a charge to fix THEIR phone after THEIR update was requested by THEM. Good luck getting paid Apple if you sell junk you shouldn't get paid by your customer to fix YOUR problem. We are not the only person with this problem... We were told by the Verizon store that they have dozens of people come in with the same problem.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I finally decided to ‘upgrade’ to an iPhone after 5+ years with a Virgin Mobile LG Tribute (which still works by the way). What a mistake. I bought 2 of the newest versions (iPhone 7) in November, 2016 through Verizon and one year and one month later, (one month out of warranty, go figure) one phone starts with “No service.” It will not receive or make calls or texts. Verizon customer service tries switching the SIM card which does nothing, so they tell me to contact Apple. Apple tells me to reset the phone to factory setting. When we do that, the phone has two factor authentication to reset where it sends you a text to the phone to verify it is really you, however, the phone was not receiving texts so we had to wait 3 days for a code to be sent to the other phone on the account. All this for the phone to still have no service.

I called Apple support again and again they tell me to do a factory reset. I talked to 3 reps who knew nothing and could provide no explanation. Once again, no change to the phone. No one can tell me why this is happening to a like new phone in pristine condition. They must already know that the phones are of poor quality. I take the phone to an Apple repair store. They provide a loaner phone for $25 and say they can send it off to Apple to fix it (mind you they still can’t tell me what is wrong with it or indicate that I have done anything to cause damage to the phone).

There is a cost...of $300! I’ve paid off the phone by half and still owe $330 and now I have to pay $300 to repair it and, get this, they can’t guarantee it will be fixed for good! How can I possibly feel confident in buying another Apple product after this? A $660 phone will not last past one year after taking great strides to ensure that it does not get damaged? What do I have to do? Keep it locked in a bubble and never touch it to keep it new? Seriously though, if I pay $660 for something, I expect it to last, at least until I pay it off. Apple needs to take responsibility for their shoddy products and offer a recall. I can’t wait until I get rid of both of these shoddy pieces of technology and never have to deal with another Apple product ever again. Apple, you have lost me as a customer and I will use every platform I can to spread the word.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I confronted battery problem with my iPhone 6, on October 20th, 2017 and directly reached to AppleCare Senior Advisor in Istanbul, Turkey. I got quite a satisfying reply, with a Case Number for my problem and got a solution offer immediately. I learned that there was a confusion in my iPhone serial number with another customer caused by APPLE technical service, previously. So, the AppleCare Senior Advisor proposed me to change my iPhone with a new one in 3 weeks. The advisor was quite helpful and quick to find the solution, she followed me up till I filled out the questionnaire about her service on October 25th.

But, since October 25th – the last time she called me, I got neither an email nor a call as a reply to my emails. I think the reason she gave such a generous service at the beginning was to get the best reply from the customer for the questionnaire of her service evaluation. Is this normal? My case is still pending and waiting for an immediate return with solution before the year end, which actually told to be solved in 3 weeks as of September 20th. Waiting for the high standard APPLE customer service set worldwide... Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Between my wife and I we went through five iPhone 6+ phones. AT&T charged us $1300 for a refurbished phone after it was sent to our home but didn't work upon delivery. This was all due to the touch disease (Grey Bar). I'm now with Verizon and purchased an iPhone 7+. What a mistake that was, I'm on my second iPhone 7+. The newest one, which is less than two months old is unresponsive. Apple wants me to drive 3+ hours away for service or be without a phone while I mail it to a certified service location. I'm calling Verizon in the morning and will see what I need to do to just be rid of the Apple.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have nothing but problems, the NEW iPhone 7 Plus, does not hold a charge and gets worse with it's all around performance every time Apple suggests a new update! I never hated anything as much as I do this lousy phone.

Apple iPhone Company Information

Apple
www.apple.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use