Accredited Partner

Pure TalkUSA Reviews

Pure TalkUSA
Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5

Pure TalkUSA offers nationwide coverage with no contracts and no hidden fees. We make the process of switching as simple as it can get. No need to buy a new phone or get a new number; with Pure TalkUSA, you can keep both! Our customer service team is located in the US & is ready to help you at any time. Contact us today to learn more about plans available and how you can switch & start saving!

Pure TalkUSA Reviews Shop Now

Pure TalkUSA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pure TalkUSA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pure TalkUSA?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

The conversion from our previous carrier to PureTalk was seamless. We have not noticed any difference in reception. The only difference we noticed was our voice mail does not show who called. We are grateful for the price reduction from our previous carrier.

Greetings, Jim! We are happy to hear this! The Visual
Voicemail feature is now turned on automatically for iPhone model 6
users and above. We have added the visual voicemail feature to both
lines on your account. This should allow you to see who has left a
voicemail message for you. If you do not see that the feature has been

added, please restart both of your devices. We appreciate your feedback!

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

First agent i ever talked to was great and knowledgeable. The 2 agents since then not as good as the first. You could tell in their voice they didn't want to be there.

But they were able to help me get done what I needed to, although kinda slowly and not so friendly.

Greetings, Christopher! Here at Pure Talk, we strive
    to provide optimal Customer Service at all times. We sincerely offer our

apologies if this was not your experience. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I've been with PureTalk USA going on three months. I did have some trouble with the initial set up but was able to get the technical help I needed. Since then, I get as good as or better service than I did with my old carrier but for half the price.

Greetings, Brian! We are happy to hear that you are
    enjoying our service at half the price of your previous provider! We

appreciate your feedback!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I love your service! I left VERIZON after many, many years! I was constantly getting overcharges & a higher & higher bill. The service on my calls was horrible, calls dropped, apps not working. Since I switched to PURETALK USA, my service is perfect and my bill is very affordable. Thank you PURETALK USA!

Pure TalkUSA response

Thanks, Rachel! We are happy to hear your service has improved by making the switch to Pure Talk. Happy savings!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Pure Talk uses AT&T and I get service where my Verizon friends do not. This is the best service out there for the price. No sense in paying more when you can get AT&T with puretalk for less. You will not be sorry if you use this service.

Pure TalkUSA response

Greetings, Robert! We are happy to hear you are enjoying the service and the price of Pure Talk. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: July 31, 2020

Customer service and technical support are located here in the USA, and they are friendly, patient, knowledgeable, and speak fluent English. My rates dropped tremendously over my previous AT&T bills yet my phone signal is strong and consistent = no “dead zones”. (Not to mention I got a much more elaborate/larger monthly plan with PureTalk). Couldn’t be happier with PureTalk USA!

Pure TalkUSA response

Hi, Linda! We are happy to hear that your monthly bill has dropped by making the switch to Pure Talk. We appreciate your feedback!

Original review: July 20, 2020

I absolutely love the pricing. It is worth being on Puretalk. Why do I mean worth it? Two main things. I was originally on AT&T and have noticed a decrease in coverage, though I still live in the same area as before. I occasionally have no service when this never really happened on the AT&T plan. The other major issue is with contacting phones that are not iPhones. I have problems with group texts and sending GIFs. This may be a phone issue although I don't think it is. It started when I went to pure talk. Otherwise, I am very happy with PureTalk and would have recommended it to several people although no one has taken me up.

Pure TalkUSA response

Greetings, Levi! We are happy to hear that you enjoy our pricing. If you are experiencing issues with sending group texts or MMS messages you may need to reset your network settings. We will list the instructions below if you would like to reset them yourself. We will also have an agent reach out to you for further assistance. We appreciate your feedback!

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Edited 7/23/2020:

Greetings, Levi! We are happy that we were able to assist you in getting the issue reported resolved! Thank you for being a Pure TalkUSA customer!

Original review: July 14, 2020

I love the option of cellphone service from American Seniors Association. I have enjoyed strong signal strength most of the time and so for a small cell company I feel that that is good and is very adequate for my and my wife's needs. There are times though when we text, especially with pictures that they do not go through. We turn off the phone and try again and they usually go through. As far as the cost goes again I am very satisfied with the cost, but it could be more competitive.

Overall we are a very satisfied customer, but what would make my rating a 5 star rating is 1. Better coverage, stronger signal, and 2. and this is probably the biggest, less money. I despise AARP's politics so because we are retired and will not have anything to do with them, I wish you would compete with them, (AARP). They seem to get the best of all deals and I wish that ASA and Pure Talk would at least match their $20.00 per month plan. Again I am very satisfied with Pure Talk less what I mentioned.

Pure TalkUSA response

Greetings Mark! We are happy to hear that. Welcome to Pure Talk! If you are ever having trouble sending or receiving picture messages, you may want to try and update your APN settings. I will list instructions below if you would like to insert them yourself. You may also contact our Technical Support department, and they will be happy to walk you through the steps!

Android APN Configuration
    1. Settings
    2. Connections (Mobile Network)
    3. Access Point Names OR APN
    4. 3 Vertical dots (Reset to default)
    5. + OR new APN OR add
    Fill ONLY these:
    Name: PT
    APN: RESELLER
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy OR Multimedia Message Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS Port OR Multimedia Message Port: 80
    APN Type: default,mms,supl
    5. Save (More OR 3 Vertical Dots)
    6. Reboot Phone
    7. Select "PT RESELLER"

***to ensure data is working: turn off Wi-Fi AND data on***

Original review: July 14, 2020

I had 2 encounters with tech support. One, the technician attempted to help me unlock my phone. When we were unsuccessful he provided the number to Nokia. It was necessary to return the phone for repair. Because I couldn't back up my phone files since it was locked, when I got the phone back I needed to reset everything.

I called tech support and was connected to Kevin who was the most patient person I think I have ever encountered. He went through the settings step by step. After almost 2 hours, the phone still didn't work, he thought it may be a sim card problem. He emailed the set up instructions and ordered a new sim card. He was pleasant and courteous throughout the complete phone call, When it arrived, I called customer service and spoke with Madison who was very pleasant and activated the new card. I now have cell service for the first time in a month. I just need my sister to visit and enter all of my contact phone numbers. Because of high call volume, I had a lengthy wait I wish I could have avoided but the pleasant service I received more than compensated for the wait. If you have an employee of the month, Kevin would be an excellent representative.

Pure TalkUSA response

Greetings Jeannie! We are happy to hear that we were able to assist you with getting set up. We appreciate your feedback!

Resolution response: July 15, 2020

Update: Pure Talk credited my account the amount I would have received from the Ramsey discount code. I really appreciate that gesture, ya'll! I have already recommended them to a few people because this is a great company with affordable service.

Original review: July 11, 2020

The service is amazing! Love the price. The speed is quick. The reception is perfect. I heard about them from the Dave Ramsey financial show. For some reason Pure Talk did not let me have the discount by giving the code 'Ramsey' or whatever the code was. I still don't know why. Anyway, other that that, my experience has been great!

Pure TalkUSA response

Hi there, Sarah! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying your service and are loving the price! We are sorry to hear that you were unable to obtain the promotion for Dave Ramsey when you signed up for service. It looks like your initial order was placed online and unfortunately, there was no promotion attached to the order. We would like to assist in resolving this issue and are sending you a private message.

Pure TalkUSA author review by ConsumerAffairs

Pure TalkUSA offers pay-as-you-go and unlimited prepaid plans in addition to no contract, low-cost cellphone plans. Its network is available across the U.S.

• Referral program: When a new customer activates a Pure TalkUSA line and lists the phone number of an existing customer who referred them, both parties receive a $20 bill credit.

• Unlimited plans: All Pure TalkUSA plans have unlimited talk and text. The amount of data varies by plan.

• Payment options: Pure Talk phones and plans can only be purchased online.

• Customer service: Customers with problems or questions can reach a customer service agent or technical support specialist during extended business hours seven days a week. All customer service is based in the United States.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team