Accredited Partner

Pure Talk
Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.55/5
10% off single line plans for the first 2 years*
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Pure Talk offers nationwide coverage with no contracts and no hidden fees. We make the process of switching as simple as it can get. No need to buy a new phone or get a new number; with Pure Talk, you can keep both! Our customer service team is located in the US & is ready to help you at any time. Contact us today to learn more about plans available and how you can switch & start saving!

Pure Talk Reviews Shop Now

Pure Talk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pure Talk?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pure Talk?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I would like to share what I believe is an extremely important detail that first time Pure Talk customers should be made aware of before beginning the activation process to Pure Talk. One of the instructions given is to not cancel current cell phone service until after the completion of the Activation process. This is what I did. Unfortunately, the moment the activation to Pure Talk completed, and my number ported over to Pure Talk, the effect was that my AT&T account automatically "cancelled" as a consequence. At least, that's what AT&T has repeatedly insisted to me was the case, even though I had not requested a cancellation from them yet.

The reason this may be problematic for new customers like myself is that if an automatic payment to AT&T has occured before service activation to Pure Talk, then AT&T will claim that due to porting over to Pure Talk, that the account with At&T has cancelled and additionally claim that, as in my case, the account information is purged in such a way as to prevent them from refunding any automatic payment (In my case $86.00) that they have withdrawn from the customer account. I don't think this reflects in any way on Pure Talk. I am very happy to be a new customer. But I do believe the aforementioned details I have shared could serve as a very important precaution to former AT&T customers before they switch over to Pure Talk.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Ruben! We appreciate you for sharing your experience with making the switch. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your Pure Talk service. Thank you for your feedback!

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

We're *thrilled* with our switch to PureTalkUSA! This switch included multiple & significant upgrades for us-- from very simple LG models (years old & definitely not "smart"!) to iPhone 7's (so many bells & whistles & we're still learning the devices). But in addition to a GREAT deal on the phones themselves, the BEST things are the excellent coverage & reliability AND the great plan price options with PureTalkUSA.

The representatives with whom we've dealt were knowledgeable & professional. After decades with our previous carrier/service provider, we anticipated lots of "issues" & problems. There were NONE! Additionally, we're thrilled that PureTalkUSA doesn't "redistribute" any portion of our payments to institutions or causes that we don't support morally, nor would we support financially. For us, that's a HUGE benefit.

Shortly after acquiring my phone, I drove through the mountains of "wild, wonderful West Virginia" where service can drop at any time. My conversation, lasting well over 30 minutes through the middle of nowhere, never faltered. I'm not saying there's total coverage state-wide, but I was duly impressed with the reception through the areas I was travelling. I'm sure I sound like a commercial script but we truly have had a terrific experience and only regret not switching WAY sooner. We've been telling friends & family about PureTalkUSA & hope to hear that some (ALL!) of them have made, or will make, this smart move soon. We'd tell everyone to switch ASAP!!

Pure Talk response

Hi there, Andrea! We are pleased to hear of your great experience with Pure Talk thus far! We are happy that you are enjoying your new iPhone 7 and that you are receiving great coverage. As you have experienced, our Customer Service department is always eager to assist you with any questions or concerns that you may have. Be sure to let the friends and family you refer to Pure Talk know that we offer a referral credit that benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. We thank you for your feedback!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Updated on 11/07/2020: My Nokia 4.2 has a problem. It won't send pics or GIFs via the SMS (text). This is ongoing! One of your agents tried to help me with the problem. During our phone conversation he lost audio on his end and said that he would call back. He never did!

Original: I'm somewhat disappointed in my Nokia phone... It won't let me send pics via messaging. I haven't really researched the problem yet, so I don't know what's going on (i.e. whether Pure Talk is restricting data usage or there is a setting in my phone that needs changing).

Pure Talk response
    Greetings, Randy! It sounds like the APN settings within your device need to be reset. We will list the instructions below if you would like to try to update them yourself, we will also be sure to have an agent reach out to you for further assistance.

We appreciate your feedback!

Android APN Configuration
    1. Settings
    2. Connections (Mobile Network)
    3. Access Point Names OR APN
    4. 3 Vertical dots (Reset to default)
    5. + OR new APN OR add
    Fill ONLY these:
    Name: PT
    APN: RESELLER
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy OR Multimedia Message Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS Port OR Multimedia Message Port: 80
    APN Type: default,mms,supl
    5. Save (More OR 3 Vertical Dots)
    6. Reboot Phone
    7. Select "PT RESELLER"

***to ensure data is working: turn off Wi-Fi AND data on***

Edited: 10/14/2020

Greetings, Randy! We attempted to contact you via phone and email, but were unable to reach you. If you are still in need of assistance, please reach out to us at 1-877-820-7873.

Original review: July 14, 2020

I love the option of cellphone service from American Seniors Association. I have enjoyed strong signal strength most of the time and so for a small cell company I feel that that is good and is very adequate for my and my wife's needs. There are times though when we text, especially with pictures that they do not go through. We turn off the phone and try again and they usually go through. As far as the cost goes again I am very satisfied with the cost, but it could be more competitive.

Overall we are a very satisfied customer, but what would make my rating a 5 star rating is 1. Better coverage, stronger signal, and 2. and this is probably the biggest, less money. I despise AARP's politics so because we are retired and will not have anything to do with them, I wish you would compete with them, (AARP). They seem to get the best of all deals and I wish that ASA and Pure Talk would at least match their $20.00 per month plan. Again I am very satisfied with Pure Talk less what I mentioned.

Pure Talk response

Greetings Mark! We are happy to hear that. Welcome to Pure Talk! If you are ever having trouble sending or receiving picture messages, you may want to try and update your APN settings. I will list instructions below if you would like to insert them yourself. You may also contact our Technical Support department, and they will be happy to walk you through the steps!

Android APN Configuration
    1. Settings
    2. Connections (Mobile Network)
    3. Access Point Names OR APN
    4. 3 Vertical dots (Reset to default)
    5. + OR new APN OR add
    Fill ONLY these:
    Name: PT
    APN: RESELLER
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy OR Multimedia Message Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS Port OR Multimedia Message Port: 80
    APN Type: default,mms,supl
    5. Save (More OR 3 Vertical Dots)
    6. Reboot Phone
    7. Select "PT RESELLER"

***to ensure data is working: turn off Wi-Fi AND data on***

Resolution response: July 15, 2020

Update: Pure Talk credited my account the amount I would have received from the Ramsey discount code. I really appreciate that gesture, ya'll! I have already recommended them to a few people because this is a great company with affordable service.

Original review: July 11, 2020

The service is amazing! Love the price. The speed is quick. The reception is perfect. I heard about them from the Dave Ramsey financial show. For some reason Pure Talk did not let me have the discount by giving the code 'Ramsey' or whatever the code was. I still don't know why. Anyway, other that that, my experience has been great!

Pure Talk response

Hi there, Sarah! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying your service and are loving the price! We are sorry to hear that you were unable to obtain the promotion for Dave Ramsey when you signed up for service. It looks like your initial order was placed online and unfortunately, there was no promotion attached to the order. We would like to assist in resolving this issue and are sending you a private message.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I switched to PureTalk due to a recommendation from a coworker. She switched to save money monthly and was very pleased. I had been struggling with some issues with my provider and decided to give PureTalk a chance. Initially, I had trouble with my phone (which I did not purchase through PureTalk). When I called customer service they were friendly, professional, and easy to talk to. They were knowledgeable and did all they could to assist me. I have more data on this plan than my old one, along with better service and a cheaper bill. Nobody can complain about that!

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Debra! We are so happy to hear of your experience with Pure Talk. Our Customer Service department is always happy to assist you with any questions or concerns that you may have. Thank you for your feedback. Happy savings!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I switched from Verizon to Pure Talk about a month ago and was very happy to have equal to or in most cases better service at less than 1/2 the cost! I have referred many friends and family to check out Pure Talk!

Pure Talk response

Hi there, Amy! It's great to hear that you are saving about half the cost on your monthly service bill by making the switch to Pure Talk! Be sure to let the friends and family that you recommend to Pure Talk know that we offer a referral credit which benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Happy savings!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Generally good reception. Would like to find a way to be able to call my family in Denmark. Overall satisfied with the reception, however, for the past week the data network has been extremely slow, but that might be due to overusage.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Frederik! Pure Talk does offer international calling. You may call our Customer Service department to purchase an international PIN for $10. This would allow you to make calls to your family in Denmark. If you'd like to check your data usage, you may do so by logging into your account portal online at www.puretalkusa.com. If you are experiencing trouble using your data, please contact our Technical Support department, as they will be more than happy to assist you. Thank you for your feedback!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I was with another big carrier for 16 years, they called me and tried to keep me and they were unable to match the price for the same service I have now with Pure Talk. I have not seen a thing different from the big guys. I am so happy and no contract was the best.

Pure Talk response

Greetings, Tim! We are happy to hear of your satisfaction. Be sure to let the friends and family that you recommend to Pure Talk know that we offer a referral credit which benefits both parties on your monthly service bill. Happy savings!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I am so pleased with PureTalk, I can hardly believe it took me so long to switch. I was paying almost double per month with the other 3 letter carrier and getting only 16 GB to share amongst 6 devices. We almost always went over leaving us with snail-paced data for the last part of each month. Now we get 20 GB each on 2 phones, 4 on another and 2 each on 2 other devices, for a total of 48 GB for 5 devices. We are one happy camping family!

Pure Talk response

We are so happy to hear this, David! We are thrilled that you are saving money on your monthly service bill by making the switch. We appreciate your feedback. Happy savings!

Pure Talk author review by ConsumerAffairs

Pure TalkUSA offers pay-as-you-go and unlimited prepaid plans in addition to no contract, low-cost cellphone plans. Its network is available across the U.S.

• Referral program: When a new customer activates a Pure TalkUSA line and lists the phone number of an existing customer who referred them, both parties receive a $20 bill credit.

• Unlimited plans: All Pure TalkUSA plans have unlimited talk and text. The amount of data varies by plan.

• Payment options: Pure Talk phones and plans can only be purchased online.

• Customer service: Customers with problems or questions can reach a customer service agent or technical support specialist during extended business hours seven days a week. All customer service is based in the United States.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team