4.11/5
Based on 261 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Pure TalkUSA Reviews

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

This company pays a monthly fee to participate in the ConsumerAffairs accreditation program and we may receive compensation for any referrals. Learn More.

288 Pure TalkUSA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

I love my Pure Talk service. I have had it for 10 yrs or so now and I get great service everywhere I go. I don't get dropped calls like some of the other services do. I would recommend Pure Talk USA to anyone wanting a good phone service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 17, 2018

I own a phablet and get service even on top of the mountain. There are not many cell phone services that work on the mountain but we have very good luck with Pure Talk. Some days we have a bit of a problem but not usually.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have been with Pure Talk for a few years now. I really love your service. I wouldn’t change. Also love the great low price for my package. I have called customer service several times for help. Very friendly. I also love the That that if I choose to upgrade it is not a huge cost.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I get all the text and talk I need for a very low price. I'm very satisfied with the service. I just wish yall would add wifi calling to your plan. I live in a rural area without cell service so I cant use my phone at home. I would even pay extra for the service.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have been with Pure Talk for about 10 years. I have always encountered serious knowledgeable customer service reps to answer my questions and help me with my account. I Also I have never had an issue with my billing. Good job. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pure TalkUSA?

Original review: July 16, 2018

I live in an area where cell phone service leaves a lot to be desired... I have the best reception by far for a lot less money, than anyone else I know who lives here. Above that, I love Pure Talk's customer service. When I have a question, I am always greeted by a perfectly English speaking representative who is not only friendly and knowledgeable, but very helpful and thorough. Thank you PureTalk - you are awesome!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I've been very happy with the service I've received. Any time I've needed customer service, I've always been pleased. They are super helpful and easy to understand. Some phone companies I've dealt with in the past are so hard to understand. Keep up the great work.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have been a customer for over a year, and PureTalk has had the best coverage for my phone than when I had plans with Verizon or T-Mobile. PureTalk rarely drops calls. I work in an urban area and live in a rural area and the calls come through clearly. Not so with the previous carriers. I also enjoy the family package - the cost of our phones and phone plans do not break the bank, and we are so grateful for PureTalk for this! We are not huge data users so having the expensive plans from other networks didn't make sense. PureTalk allows us an option to fit our family's needs.

Original review: July 16, 2018

We have had Pure Talk service for about a year. I have no complaints thus far. Service area is broad, sound quality is great and the price is very good for the service on our 2 phones. I believe our service is about 38 dollars a month.

Original review: July 16, 2018

A very affordable prepaid cell service that has a plan for anyone. Works anywhere there is cell service in CONUS and is very simple to activate, with all sim card sizes covered. Thanks. I would recommend this service to anyone who wants to save on their cell service! I've been using it for several years now and the auto pay plan is nice as you don't have to think about your monthly payment.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Great system. Made an adjustment to auto pay. Wanted to make early payment, went as expected. Great feature, great service. No interruptions on my phone even in Alaska. I am one very happy customer. Keep up the great service and performance.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I've been using Pure TalkUSA through 3 phones. Calls are clear as can be, no drops, compared with when I had AT&T, and when I've needed to call customer support, billing or service, the person on the other end was always knowledgeable and helpful. Most of the problems I have with the phone are because it's been dropped too many times and ought to be replaced, but as long as my service is predictably solid, I can deal with occasional issues from the phone itself. In fact, I just added my husband's phone a few months ago, and he's happy with the improved quality and service.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Pure Talk USA has been a great provider for the past 6 years for me. The number one plus for the company is that their price includes taxes and fees so that when they tell you your cost is X that is what you will be billed without adding any more costs. Use of the AT&T tower system makes the coverage great, even in the middle of nowhere Texas. Good value for the money.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I've had nothing but great service - no dropped calls - better reception than my old service & at less than 1/2 the price! A great service for anyone looking to save money &/or change service for any reason. Have recommended it to friends & family & I'm not one to do that often!

Original review: July 15, 2018

I have been with Pure TalkUSA for approximately 5 years and have no intentions of switching to another carrier. Pure Talk gives my wife and I the cell service that is right for us and at a reasonable price. We recommend Pure Talk to others every chance we get. Thank you Pure TalkUSA for the great service that you provide.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Love your price for using your Pure Talk service. Very reasonable price also. Never lets me down. And love your roll over limits. I always recommend your phone service to all of my friends and relatives. Keep up the great work.

Original review: July 15, 2018

When I received the PT text that my account would be closed at 8 pm, I tried to reach customer service. I found it upsetting that on Sunday there are no humans to help. Finally I got one of my children to walk me thru the many steps of the online site and was able to enter the new card #. It seemed difficult but worked out ok at the end. Since the original card had been scammed, I was already anxious.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Pure TalkUSA has never let me down in the few yrs I have been with them. Consistently excellent customer service. They are there ready to assist you. So easy to join and set up plus any concerns are easily addressed with their awesome staff.

Original review: July 15, 2018

We live in almost a dead zone for half the year. In Rapid City, SD we get great service. Called AT&T about improving the Sebastian service but we have gotten nowhere with them. It would be nice to have a little backup support on that issue.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I have never had a problem with picking up a signal, and any help I needed from the company has been dealt with quickly and efficiently. I would recommend Pure Talk to anyone. I am not technical nor computer savvy. It serves my needs as a customer.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I am most pleased with the competitiveness of PureTalk to other services. Other companies just keep your plan as it was until you complain or upgrade. PureTalk is always trying to up service when they can. Thanks for the great service.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Customer service is the best I've experienced in a long time and so is the service I receive from Pure Talk. I have NEVER had a dropped call and I've had both Sprint and Verizon. Dropped calls were the norm with them but not Pure Talk. I am thoroughly pleased with this company and recommend you to anyone who asks.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Was referred to Pure Talk by my sister. Was attracted to the monthly fee ($10)/ month) but then I couldn’t call out when I was outside. When I talked to the people in your office, I was told that I had to pay another $10 to be able to call out. You have different plans for every customer you have?

Original review: July 14, 2018

We have been with Pure Talk for more than three years and saved A LOT! Simple to sign up, simple billing, and GREAT customer service. What more can one ask from a wireless provider. Hope to be a customer for many more years!

Original review: July 14, 2018

PureTalk discontinued the data plan I'd been using. I let coverage lapse and needed help setting up internet access on my phone with a new plan. I have an old phone and I'm not tech savvy. It took a couple attempts before it worked but the customer service representative was very patient and helpful.

Original review: July 14, 2018

My issues have been stated/reported previously and no one bothered to call or follow-up... DO NOT pretend to care about me now as a customer. I have always had courteous agents but the lack of follow-up is disappointing to say the least.

Original review: July 14, 2018

The Pure Talk plans I've used have met my phone usage needs at a reasonable price and usually talk is good except in some rural areas. Even then text messages work ok. I have recommended PTUSA to others. Customer service has been good, but would like a faster response sometimes.

Original review: July 14, 2018

If you are looking for great service and great rates, this is the plan you are looking for. I have used this plan for years. I did not get the data plan, I just used wifi. Then my plan was automatically updated. No additional cost, they added 3 gigs of data. I love Pure Talk USA, and very happy with them.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Interfaced with customer rep. She was very professional, courteous, and spoke clearly. She listened to me patiently, then told me how she could help me and proceeded to do what she said. Call took about seven minutes with most of it being me talking. Could not ask for a better experience.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Expect to get your text messages hours, sometimes days after they were sent and some messages you won't get at all. You will frequently get error messages when composing text messages when not connected to WIFI. Group text does not work. Terrible!! People will make fun of you and tell you your phone sucks! The low cost of this plan is NOT worth the frustration of dropped calls and lost messages.

Pure TalkUSA expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Pure TalkUSA was established in 2004 and offers both pay-as-you-go and unlimited prepaid plans. The company is headquartered in Covington, Ga.

• Referral program: When a new customer activates a Pure TalkUSA line and lists the phone number of an existing customer who referred them, the existing customer will receive either a $10 or $20 bill credit, depending on their plan.

• Family plans: Those who want multiple lines can set up a family plan with up to four lines. The account owner can give each phone an allowance of minutes so users who need more minutes can have them. Minutes on the family plans roll over from month to month.

• Payment options: Customers can pay for Pure TalkUSA online or by purchasing a refill card at Kmart or Sears. They can also enroll in autopay.

• Social media: Interested consumers can learn more about Pure TalkUSA by following the company on Twitter or Facebook. The website also features blog articles.

• Customer service: Customers with problems or questions can reach a customer service agent or technical support specialist during extended business hours seven days a week. All customer service is based in the United States.

• Best for: Pure TalkUSA is best for temporary users, budget-conscious customers, parents and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs