Pure TalkUSA
3.62/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Pure TalkUSA Reviews

Pure TalkUSA offers nationwide coverage with no contracts and no hidden fees. We make the process of switching as simple as it can get. No need to buy a new phone or get a new number; with Pure TalkUSA, you can keep both! Our customer service team is located in the US & is ready to help you at any time. Contact us today to learn more about plans available and how you can switch & start saving!

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Pure TalkUSA Reviews

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

After using multiple other cell phone providers and having issues such as coverage loss, bad customer service, and expensive bills for the services offered, I researched multiple providers and decided to try Pure Talk. My service was activated within 4 hours of the number port. A 20 minute phone call enabled data, with very knowledgeable and polite customer service based in the USA. After a few months of flawless service, I recommended Pure Talk to few friends. They were easily able to keep their numbers, activate Pure Talk, and any customer service call was efficient and resolved the issues.

I feel that the pricing is very fair, and competitive with any other MVNO operating on the same parent service. Some of the features they offer that I don't see offered with competitors is: unlimited throttled data once you've gone over, with no surprise overage bills; free data hotspots; and quality customer service. Would recommend this to anyone looking to switch providers and gain a good provider with quality features and support.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I am generally happy with AMAC affiliated Pure TalkUSA, having come over from ** with their liberal AARP hookup. Now I get unlimited talk and text plus 600MB of data which is way more than I got from ** for a similar monthly cost. However, last Friday I tried to send a text with a photo and found it would not go. Then I realized why, for the initial 2 months of my PT service, I had used 0MB of data: my APN was never set up.

I Googled for the required parameters and found them helpfully posted by BestMVNO along with this interesting sales pitch: "You need help! You're not happy with your carrier because they couldn't even do a simple thing like tell you the right APN! Subscribe to BestMVNO and be happy by getting the latest deals and carrier promotions delivered to your inbox!" OMG, they're right! Beyond transfer of my phone number, I don't recall much introductory help from Pure TalkUSA and certainly no directions w/r/t setting up my APN. As a result, for 2 months I had no access to my 600MB. Better take care lest someone eats your lunch.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 12, 2019

New Phone is very unique & nice. I think it would be more helpful for me if there were more instructions in the booklet for sending text messages, deleting any text messages, adding/deleting/editing contacts, using speakerphone, taking pictures &/or deleting pictures. This is my very first time using a Smartphone.

Hi Sheila,
      We'd love to help you with using your new phone and making sure you are aware of all the features and how to use them. Please send an email with your phone information and we can further assist.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I am a Senior and on a very limited budget. I tried another carrier an by the time taxes and etc. was added on, I was paying a month bill of $26.00 with only 250 mb. data. With Pure Talk I get 500 mb. data that I have in case of an emergency for just over $19.00 per month. No brainer on which plan to use. The service is great and I love the auto pay feature so do not have to think about paying my monthly bill. Thanks Pure Talk for great service and most all, GREAT VALUE.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I recently contacted customer service due to a loss of data throughout. I was not able to even open a webpage or run speed test. I had been on the throttled data rate for most of the month, but this problem was just in the last day. The representative reset my data on the system and I was back up and running. She did not say specifically what had happened, but I am guessing the system turned me off because it thought I had abnormal usage. I pay for 500MB of data each month but have managed to use around 6GB, so I am not overly surprised. I just wish I had received a message to inform me what was going on. Overall experience the last 2 months has been excellent!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pure TalkUSA?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I have been using Pure for a couple of years and their service is okay. They say that they have a referral plan where you refer someone, they join and use Pure for at least two months and both will receive a $20 credit. I did this but they seem unwilling or unable to give us the promised credit?? Are they dishonest or just inept?

Pure TalkUSA response

Hi Larry, we definitely grant each referral reward that meets the criteria as stated on our site. We would like the opportunity to look at your account and see what is going on as to why you may not have received your referral credit. Will you please send an email to social.escalations@puretalkusa.com for further review. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

We had horrible experience with dealing with IT and customer service. I understand having to wait 24 hours for a response, but when you have to constantly follow up with customer service about issues that is a problem. The fact that they do not follow their own refund policy is beyond frustrating. If you are going to state you have 30 days or 500 MG of data or 500 minutes it means as long as you qualify under one category you can still receive a refund. But they have changed and have not updated their policies. So it is ridiculous that you will not honor what you clearly have posted on your site. Will never recommend this service to anyone!

Pure TalkUSA response

Thank you for your message. We do apologize about the confusion in regards to our risk free guarantee. On our site it does state “Customer has up to until their next bill date, or 500 minutes or 500 MB of data usage (whichever comes first) to contact customer service and initiate the refund request.” So if you end up using the allotted minutes and data you lose eligibility for a refund or if you do not use the allotted service but cancel outside of the 30 days you will still be responsible for your full bill amount.

Up until this point we have not had any customer experience any issues or confusion with how our Risk Free Guarantee process works.

I hope that this clarifies our policy to you and again we do apologize for the confusion and for the time it may have took for you to receive a some additional assistance through our customer service department.

In good faith we have issued a partial refund to your account for one of your lines as we wanted to accommodate you for the issues you experienced.

If you have any more questions or concerns please feel free to send an email to social.escalations@puretalkusa.com.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I lost count at 10 calls trying to get voicemail setup. The directions they provided did NOT work as they said. Finally one person said she'd get an alternate number for us to use, but it would take 20 min and she'd call back. She never did. We called the next day--and tech support always takes 30 min so we entered our number for them to call us back but they never did. Today, we tried several more times; it never worked. The worst is, NONE of the reps seemed to care. Their attitude was horrible. I wanted to use this service to save $ but also so as not to donate to liberal organizations. I am very disappointed...but also disgusted.

Pure TalkUSA response

Hi Monica, we are disappointed to hear about your customer experience with Pure Talk and would like the opportunity to make things rights and assist you. We strive to ensure we provide the best customer service and that you can use your services to their full abilities. Will you please send an email to social.escalations@puretalkusa.com so we can take a look into this issue and further assist.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

First, the only positive to using Pure Talk is dealing with friendly people (which isn't common these days when it comes to customer service). However, the service is sketchy and setting up the phone was extremely stressful. I had no idea I'd have to use data (even when WiFi is available) to send / receive group texts and also photos in texts. So, low data plans are a gamble with Pure Talk if you are in that category. It also took several phone calls to even get that information. Finally, I decided before my trial period was up, I'd better go ahead and switch companies.

I drove 35 minutes to AT&T (since this whole setting up cell service over the phone had driven me crazy with Pure Talk) and they were porting my number over from Pure Talk when literally the Pure Talk porting department closed and I was left in limbo standing there in AT&T. In the midst of a tropical storm rolling into town, by the way. No cell service at all if I wanted to keep my number. I'd have to wait until the Pure Talk porting dept folks went back to work the next morning (and myself drive 35 minutes through flooded streets). I called the customer service dept (who was open) and they said there was nothing they could do. So, while the folks are friendly, if you happen to have any hiccups with this service (or you don't want to use all your data on texting), buckle up and get ready for an unpleasant roller coaster ride. You get what you pay for, unfortunately.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I was excited to be saving money on phone service once switching from Verizon to Pure Talk. However, it so far has not been worth the savings. It took me 5 hours on the phone with customer service to get everything finally activated. 5 HOURS! My husband and I were unable to work for that amount of time because we obviously had to be on the phone and were also without working phones. We are part time self employed so not only did we lose income from our "employer" job due to taking time to figure out our phones, but we have also lost income from our own business since we can't get in touch with our customers due to the poor service dropping our calls or not even letting them go through. It is incredibly frustrating and I plan to switch back once Labor Day weekend is over.

Pure TalkUSA response

Hi Haley we apologize for the issues you have been experiencing and the time it took to resolve. We definitely do not want to lose you as a valued customer. Would you please send an email to social.escalations@puretalkusa.com so we can look into this further. Thank you

Pure TalkUSA expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Pure TalkUSA was established in 2004 and offers both pay-as-you-go and unlimited prepaid plans. The company is headquartered in Covington, Ga.

• Referral program: When a new customer activates a Pure TalkUSA line and lists the phone number of an existing customer who referred them, the existing customer will receive either a $10 or $20 bill credit, depending on their plan.

• Family plans: Those who want multiple lines can set up a family plan with up to four lines. The account owner can give each phone an allowance of minutes so users who need more minutes can have them. Minutes on the family plans roll over from month to month.

• Payment options: Customers can pay for Pure TalkUSA online or by purchasing a refill card at Kmart or Sears. They can also enroll in autopay.

• Social media: Interested consumers can learn more about Pure TalkUSA by following the company on Twitter or Facebook. The website also features blog articles.

• Customer service: Customers with problems or questions can reach a customer service agent or technical support specialist during extended business hours seven days a week. All customer service is based in the United States.

• Best for: Pure TalkUSA is best for temporary users, budget-conscious customers, parents and business owners.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs