C Spire Wireless

formerly Cellular South

C Spire Wireless
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.42/5

C Spire Wireless Reviews

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Been with C Spire since they were Cellular South. However I am switching to Verizon, I have no out of state coverage, they have made countless mistakes to my account, rude trolling reps, and have recently reduced data plans from 50 GB to 25GB without any notice. Verizon offers 75gb for 60.00 a month....so long c spire. You only rank 7th in the Nation anyway. Verizon ranks #1 .

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I’ve been a customer of CSpire since 2015. At the moment I had two (2) lines zero balance on my account and both lines currently out of contract. While at work I damaged my phone so severely that it was not in working condition.

I went to the web to upgrade my phone line and saw that there was an offer for $100 discount on any upgrades of the iPhone 11. After searching I could not find any options to pay online and pick up in store, only delivery. Instead of waiting I went into the Clinton store location. Explained my situation to the store workers and to my amazement I was told I could not upgrade my phone in store with the $100 discount, they would have to charge me the full price, (monthly payments). They did say I could choose the option to pick up in store. "Ok, so can you place the order for me?" "No," they replied, well I don’t have a device to use, how can I place an order, I need a phone today versus waiting. They instructed me to call customer care.

So, I’m inside the store at this point using a display phone to call customer care. The phone that’s attached to the wall with a wire keeping you from walking away. Finally, a customer service representative answered the phone. I explained my situation and again was told that they did have a few phones in store available for me to purchase and pick up in the store. "Ok, can you process the information and just charge it to my account or I pay for the device over the phone." "Yes", she replied. "But I would have to charge you full price versus the $100 discount."

I explained to her that I already tried to complete a store pick up online and did not see an option and at the moment I currently do not have a phone to utilize. All I’m wanting to do is purchase a phone with the $100 discount and leave. Remind you, I’m inside a C Spire store on wall display phone with customer care!

No one, could help me. Only inform me of upgrading, paying full price. I truly believe the employees tried and did everything in their powers to help but they were so scared of going against policy that there was nothing that they could do. Basically telling me if they allowed me to use their computers or if they used their computers in store to order the phone that they would be fired, literally!

I left the store and went 2 miles down the street to AT&T. I can proudly say I now have (2) new Iphones and my account with Cspire has been terminated! Cspire says they have the best customer service, this experience was so far from the truth! I will now spread the word to all my families and friends, LEAVE CSPIRE, the hassles are not worth it. This complaint may fall into death ears, but as a long term customer and the thousands that I have paid for services and products over the years meant nothing! I’d rather take my business to someone who appreciates the customer and long tenure. This is how you looe a customer of five (5) years. ✌

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I have 3 lines with C Spire. 1 of them stopped working, and the other 2 I have to restart them 3-4 times a day to receive calls or it goes to voice mail (lots of missed calls). My data does not work in the lte coverage area on the cspire website. They opened a ticket, strung me along for a week and told me nothing is wrong. I call customer service, because I wanted to end my contract. They told me I had to pay in full for the 3 phones that didn't work if I wanted out. Then they told me in a nice way "We don't care if your service works, you signed the contract, you're stuck with it". When this is done I will go to att. PLEASE DO NOT USE CSPIRE. YOU WILL BE UNHAPPY.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

C Spire is an ripoff. I have a total of 5 lines and only get okay on 1 line. I have been with them since Cellular South days and my service has gotten worse. C Spire do not care about the customer. Please don't use this service. You it not worth it.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

They are putting down new lines on Meadow Pointe Cv in Brandon, Ms. Doing so they are destroying peoples yards and have cut 2 gas line and water lines. I hope they have someone to come out and resod our grass for our yards. When AT&T did their's they were very neat, not this bunch.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cellular South?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

My spouse passed away in June 2019. Since then I have paid off the phones that had amounts owed on them. So technically I own the phones, or rather my dead spouse does. I have tried to get the numbers transferred to another provider and I was told by both C Spire and the other company that I was committing fraud even though I had death certificate, account numbers, etc that would be needed to make the transfer possible. It is now September and the account will be closed in about a week's time. I want the phones unlocked but I am still trying to get information on how to make that happen after the account closes and cannot. They won't share and they won't help. DO not USE THIS COMPANY! They will not help you with anything important.

Resolution response: Aug. 14, 2019

I spoke with a representative today and we discovered that there was a billing error in the system. I only owed my normal monthly charges for my final month with them. I feel much better about the situation now.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I have been using C Spire since the company was Cellular South in 2005. It is the only company I have ever used. I've put up with the lack of service and remained a loyal customer. I had an unlimited plan that cost me a total of $68 per month and OUT OF NOWHERE my bill jumped to $171 in one month. I figured this was impossible because A) I have UNLIMITED B) I stay on wifi everywhere and mostly converse within network people I go so this shouldn't be an issue.

I called to complain and they reassured me that this was correct and I should update to a newer unlimited plan for $5 more a month. I waited until my data cycle was over, paid my next bill in advance and quit services the day my data cycle ended to avoid any other bills. I confirmed that I wouldn't receive anymore bills after cancelling because of my timing with THREE associates. I cancelled services in June and all of a sudden I get hit with a $233 bill. $171 is "past due" from June 19-July 19 (I didn't use services then, I already ported out) and an additional $50 for "usage fees" along with "late fees".

I went to check my online profile to see where the charges were coming from and it won't let me see anything because I'm not a customer anymore... lol. So I randomly get this paper bill in the mail and when I went through the online chat I was told that the amount was correct and that I needed to pay it. I won't be paying this, I am livid that I was told something different and now I have to pay 4x the amount that my bills were supposed to be. I would have continued to use services for the month that I cancelled if I knew that I would be charged that amount anyway. I absolutely don't deserve to be paying this amount ESPECIALLY because I was told that I left with a clean slate by three associates. Do not choose C Spire.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

This is our 3rd year of C Spire service. There have been very few problems and only a couple of glitches that were quickly resolved. The overall rating is based on our experience of using many of C spire’s services thus far. We have encountered a few low signal areas in more remote rural and fringe coverage areas, but this is to be expected. We also use a mobile hotspot router for secure connections when traveling and that has also has worked well for our applications and purposes. Overall, we are, and have been very satisfied with the provided services and equipment thus far. From our experience in the U.S. geographic areas covered we would highly recommended this company.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I pay over $200/month for mine and my kids' phones and rarely ever have 4g/LTE no matter where I am. I barely have 3g and live less than 10 minutes from the C Spire store. Year after year the internet service on my phone has gotten worse and worse. Every time I have had complaints, it's never their service. They suggest it is foliage, my phone or my roof. They know they have the monopoly in South Mississippi so instead of using the millions of dollars they make off of us towards building new cell towers, they are obviously wasting it to pad their pockets. The warranties are a joke, the service is pathetic and they will NOT do better until something is done about it by someone other than their customers.

Original review: July 15, 2019

This company takes full advantage of the fact that they offer the only cell and internet services that work in some parts of Mississippi. In some areas, there is no competition that their customers can turn to, so they offer the absolute worst customer service. I had been struggling to find a service that worked in my area, after moving to rural coastal Mississippi. After trying all the name brand people (including Verizon and T-Mobile), none of which worked, I decided to take the plunge and try C-Spire.

When I signed up, I explained my situation, and asked about the hotspot they were selling me, as the solution to my internet problem. I was told by the sales person that he had never had anyone complain about connectivity with the hotspot. But that I could return it if I did have problems. Unfortunately, he did not stress the fact, that I only had a 4 week window to return it in.

I set it all up, had sporadic internet service only, which I decided was better than none. It was only one month later, when I had to do my tax returns online, that I found out just how bad that service was. I had not had to work online with the hotspot until then, so I did not know that I could not connect to Turbo Tax, or other types of websites, for extended periods, because the connection was just too bad.

I immediately went to the store I'd used, and told them that I'd had no way of knowing that I was not going to be able to connect to do online work until I'd had to do my taxes, and I was told that was just too bad, I should have done my taxes earlier within the 30 day return window. And that I was still going to have to pay the remaining $110 balance on the hotspot. I took the issue to the supervisor at the customer service number, and got the same response. When I had tried Verizon at the beginning of the year, and found out that they also did not work at all here at my location, I was refunded everything. They waived the fees because there was no connectivity, taking responsibility for that fact themselves. THAT is good customer service.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

C Spire Wireless (formerly Cellular South) Company Information