C Spire Wireless

formerly Cellular South

C Spire Wireless
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.40/5

C Spire Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about C Spire Wireless?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cellular South?

Original review: May 12, 2020

I had the pay to go plan with C Spire and I switched to another carrier on May 5th. On April 30th C spire sent me a text to make a payment or my service would be turned off, I sent them the minimum of 15.00. Then on the morning of May 2nd, they requested additional payment, so I sent them another 15.00. Then, on the morning of May 3rd, they sent me a text suspending my phone service with the exception of text messaging. I unlocked my phone per new carrier on 5/5/20, and requested a partial refund from C spire, and they refused to give me any of the 30.00 back. So, I was charged 15.00 per day for phone service.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I live on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi where C Spire (formerly Cellular South) is based. On I-10 in Gulfport, calls are frequently dropped. Service is almost always at 1x. I keep up with the newest phones, currently using iPhone X. Their service cost more than the competitors and service is spotty at best. Do not sign a contract with this horrible company.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Very poor wireless service. It is slow and unreliable on the Gulf Coast of MS. Recently traveled to Orlando and Port Canaveral to get 1x or no service at all on the Interstate en route and in the cities (not in rural portions). Not sure what "customer inspired" the poor service. Will not continue service after contract is complete, and may even buy the contract out at some point.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

We have been customers of CSpire since 2009, but I searching for our next wireless company. Without any warning our high speed internet was reduced from 50GB to 25GB. How is that even right? I can’t just choose to start paying them half as much as I signed a contract for, so how can they just choose to give me half of what I’ve been paying for this whole time? This is a quick way to get rid of loyal paying customers.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Been with C Spire since they were Cellular South. However I am switching to Verizon, I have no out of state coverage, they have made countless mistakes to my account, rude trolling reps, and have recently reduced data plans from 50 GB to 25GB without any notice. Verizon offers 75gb for 60.00 a month....so long c spire. You only rank 7th in the Nation anyway. Verizon ranks #1 .

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I’ve been a customer of CSpire since 2015. At the moment I had two (2) lines zero balance on my account and both lines currently out of contract. While at work I damaged my phone so severely that it was not in working condition.

I went to the web to upgrade my phone line and saw that there was an offer for $100 discount on any upgrades of the iPhone 11. After searching I could not find any options to pay online and pick up in store, only delivery. Instead of waiting I went into the Clinton store location. Explained my situation to the store workers and to my amazement I was told I could not upgrade my phone in store with the $100 discount, they would have to charge me the full price, (monthly payments). They did say I could choose the option to pick up in store. "Ok, so can you place the order for me?" "No," they replied, well I don’t have a device to use, how can I place an order, I need a phone today versus waiting. They instructed me to call customer care.

So, I’m inside the store at this point using a display phone to call customer care. The phone that’s attached to the wall with a wire keeping you from walking away. Finally, a customer service representative answered the phone. I explained my situation and again was told that they did have a few phones in store available for me to purchase and pick up in the store. "Ok, can you process the information and just charge it to my account or I pay for the device over the phone." "Yes", she replied. "But I would have to charge you full price versus the $100 discount."

I explained to her that I already tried to complete a store pick up online and did not see an option and at the moment I currently do not have a phone to utilize. All I’m wanting to do is purchase a phone with the $100 discount and leave. Remind you, I’m inside a C Spire store on wall display phone with customer care!

No one, could help me. Only inform me of upgrading, paying full price. I truly believe the employees tried and did everything in their powers to help but they were so scared of going against policy that there was nothing that they could do. Basically telling me if they allowed me to use their computers or if they used their computers in store to order the phone that they would be fired, literally!

I left the store and went 2 miles down the street to AT&T. I can proudly say I now have (2) new Iphones and my account with Cspire has been terminated! Cspire says they have the best customer service, this experience was so far from the truth! I will now spread the word to all my families and friends, LEAVE CSPIRE, the hassles are not worth it. This complaint may fall into death ears, but as a long term customer and the thousands that I have paid for services and products over the years meant nothing! I’d rather take my business to someone who appreciates the customer and long tenure. This is how you looe a customer of five (5) years. ✌

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I have 3 lines with C Spire. 1 of them stopped working, and the other 2 I have to restart them 3-4 times a day to receive calls or it goes to voice mail (lots of missed calls). My data does not work in the lte coverage area on the cspire website. They opened a ticket, strung me along for a week and told me nothing is wrong. I call customer service, because I wanted to end my contract. They told me I had to pay in full for the 3 phones that didn't work if I wanted out. Then they told me in a nice way "We don't care if your service works, you signed the contract, you're stuck with it". When this is done I will go to att. PLEASE DO NOT USE CSPIRE. YOU WILL BE UNHAPPY.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

C Spire is an ripoff. I have a total of 5 lines and only get okay on 1 line. I have been with them since Cellular South days and my service has gotten worse. C Spire do not care about the customer. Please don't use this service. You it not worth it.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

They are putting down new lines on Meadow Pointe Cv in Brandon, Ms. Doing so they are destroying peoples yards and have cut 2 gas line and water lines. I hope they have someone to come out and resod our grass for our yards. When AT&T did their's they were very neat, not this bunch.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

My spouse passed away in June 2019. Since then I have paid off the phones that had amounts owed on them. So technically I own the phones, or rather my dead spouse does. I have tried to get the numbers transferred to another provider and I was told by both C Spire and the other company that I was committing fraud even though I had death certificate, account numbers, etc that would be needed to make the transfer possible. It is now September and the account will be closed in about a week's time. I want the phones unlocked but I am still trying to get information on how to make that happen after the account closes and cannot. They won't share and they won't help. DO not USE THIS COMPANY! They will not help you with anything important.

C Spire Wireless (formerly Cellular South) Company Information