C Spire Wireless

formerly Cellular South

3.6/5 (91 ratings)

About C Spire Wireless

C Spire Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about C Spire Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cellular South?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I've been a satisfied customer of C Spire for 20+ years. I have 3 cellular lines and a home phone. They have always been the only provider that offered coverage at my home & in the areas my husband traveled to for work. In the past year I have been anything but satisfied. I literally have to walk around in the yard to find enough signal to make a call. The areas that used to have great reception notes have none. I have spoken with customer service multiple times only to be told they haven't changed anything & don't know why I'm having problems. I even upgraded my phones, which did not help at all, I'm not under contract, just loyal I suppose.

However, I'm to the point that something has to change. I won't continue to pay for a service that clearly they are not capable of providing. And that's unfortunate. I really wish they'd just provide the service that they once did. The service they promote & I pay for. And if they can't provide the service, they could say least be honest about it.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I have Galaxy 22 Ultra and service is poor. I am always losing signal and I've called and always get same routine. Problem still not solved. And get deal you have be 3 year deal. I never had get deal with 3 year service. To me it's gimmick so you use them just get discount. ATT don't even do that.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Stay away from C Spire! They're completely unethical about their Unlimited Data plans. I switched my plan to their More Unlimited through chat, which offered "Unlimited High-speed Data" compared to my 100GB of High-speed data. The rep then texted my phone and said they changed my plan to another plan without my authorization on my account and I would be charged the differences of the unauthorized charges. I will be filing a Police report for unauthorized use and filling a complaint with the FCC & BBB.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I have been a customer of C Spire since 2006 when it was Cellular South. Since then it has "spiraled" out of control. They advertise everybody deal, but that is most emphatically not correct and when confronted it was very matter of fact, "you have a better price because you are grandfathered, so you have to have a higher new phone price, unless you change your plan" So you want me to go for the new plan which is $30 more a month for a 5.00 phone charge per month which ultimately becomes 25 unless I change. What an insult. Stupid I am not. Absolutely hate C Spire for the insult.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Back when C Spire was Cellular South, everything was fine. Now that they have new management, the quality of services has diminished. They used to have really good plans and phone deals; that has all gone away. The cell service has all but becomes impossible to use, every other cell company has a rapid upgrade option (C Spire does not as of today), C Spire used to have an option to end your service if you are moving or not getting good service. They would allow you to turn in your phone for no charge so that you can get with a company that provides better service in your area (that old news now). It seems that like most of Mississippi C Spire has fallen behind. I can't wait to pay these devices off so I can change to a more modern cell service.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I call customer service. They told me That the lphones cords only had 14 day to return. The cords was design to last 14 days. My iPhone cords went bad in 2 months. Walmart iPhone Cords last a long time. So don’t buy iPhone cords from C Spire.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I have been with C Spire since 2006 when they were Cellular South. When currently setting up travel out of the US, their fees are overly excessive. $0.50 a min for calls and $0.10 a text, with no option like AT&T for a flat rate plan per day.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

For a year, my husband, myself and others in our area have had horrible cell service. Keep in mind, after Hurricane Katrina, CSpire was the only service up and running for several days so they were good at one time. I have been calling, having trouble tickets opened with no resolve. I finally got someone at CSpire willing to talk to me today and they said the towers in our area are NOT LTE so most phones will not work well in our area. I asked when they would be updated and I got the standard “CSpire is always working on updating and improving the towers in MS”.

I am sure we are like the rest of you and pay a lot of money for phones that do not work. CSpire’s work around is use WiFi calling when you are at home to which I asked why do I have to pay for 2 services to maybe get my phone to work? Apparently, CSpire has other high priority areas other than South Mississippi. I would not recommend this company to anyone. To expect people to pay for service they do not receive should be illegal! I am beyond upset with the lack of response or correction from CSpire.

Original review: July 8, 2021

On my fifth trip to the Madison store in an attempt to get my new phone/service to work I asked to see the Manager, Lauren. She refused to see me but sent her assistant to talk with me. After an hour of working on my problems the assistant manager fixed them. I told him I would be letting Corporate know she refused to see me. He told Lauren this and then she had the nerve to come out and ask if I wanted to see her. Can’t say about other stores but stay away from Madison.

Original review: April 4, 2021

I paid my bill the day it was due. The machine I paid it on said $59 dollars. That's what I paid. They turned my phone off the next day. Then going to tell me I needed 99 more cents. But the minimum I could pay was $15. I think that's **. I will never recommend them to nobody.

C Spire Wireless (formerly Cellular South) Company Information