C Spire Wireless

formerly Cellular South

3.8/5 (182 ratings)

About C Spire Wireless

C Spire Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about C Spire Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cellular South?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

Stay away from C Spire! They're completely unethical about their Unlimited Data plans. I switched my plan to their More Unlimited through chat, which offered "Unlimited High-speed Data" compared to my 100GB of High-speed data. The rep then texted my phone and said they changed my plan to another plan without my authorization on my account and I would be charged the differences of the unauthorized charges. I will be filing a Police report for unauthorized use and filling a complaint with the FCC & BBB.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I have been a customer of C Spire since 2006 when it was Cellular South. Since then it has "spiraled" out of control. They advertise everybody deal, but that is most emphatically not correct and when confronted it was very matter of fact, "you have a better price because you are grandfathered, so you have to have a higher new phone price, unless you change your plan" So you want me to go for the new plan which is $30 more a month for a 5.00 phone charge per month which ultimately becomes 25 unless I change. What an insult. Stupid I am not. Absolutely hate C Spire for the insult.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Back when C Spire was Cellular South, everything was fine. Now that they have new management, the quality of services has diminished. They used to have really good plans and phone deals; that has all gone away. The cell service has all but becomes impossible to use, every other cell company has a rapid upgrade option (C Spire does not as of today), C Spire used to have an option to end your service if you are moving or not getting good service. They would allow you to turn in your phone for no charge so that you can get with a company that provides better service in your area (that old news now). It seems that like most of Mississippi C Spire has fallen behind. I can't wait to pay these devices off so I can change to a more modern cell service.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

I call customer service. They told me That the lphones cords only had 14 day to return. The cords was design to last 14 days. My iPhone cords went bad in 2 months. Walmart iPhone Cords last a long time. So don’t buy iPhone cords from C Spire.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I have been with C Spire since 2006 when they were Cellular South. When currently setting up travel out of the US, their fees are overly excessive. $0.50 a min for calls and $0.10 a text, with no option like AT&T for a flat rate plan per day.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

For a year, my husband, myself and others in our area have had horrible cell service. Keep in mind, after Hurricane Katrina, CSpire was the only service up and running for several days so they were good at one time. I have been calling, having trouble tickets opened with no resolve. I finally got someone at CSpire willing to talk to me today and they said the towers in our area are NOT LTE so most phones will not work well in our area. I asked when they would be updated and I got the standard “CSpire is always working on updating and improving the towers in MS”.

I am sure we are like the rest of you and pay a lot of money for phones that do not work. CSpire’s work around is use WiFi calling when you are at home to which I asked why do I have to pay for 2 services to maybe get my phone to work? Apparently, CSpire has other high priority areas other than South Mississippi. I would not recommend this company to anyone. To expect people to pay for service they do not receive should be illegal! I am beyond upset with the lack of response or correction from CSpire.

Original review: July 8, 2021

On my fifth trip to the Madison store in an attempt to get my new phone/service to work I asked to see the Manager, Lauren. She refused to see me but sent her assistant to talk with me. After an hour of working on my problems the assistant manager fixed them. I told him I would be letting Corporate know she refused to see me. He told Lauren this and then she had the nerve to come out and ask if I wanted to see her. Can’t say about other stores but stay away from Madison.

Original review: April 4, 2021

I paid my bill the day it was due. The machine I paid it on said $59 dollars. That's what I paid. They turned my phone off the next day. Then going to tell me I needed 99 more cents. But the minimum I could pay was $15. I think that's **. I will never recommend them to nobody.

Original review: March 24, 2021

When I signed up, I was promised a $100 rebate. I never got it. I called repeatedly to the number C Spire gave me to contact because the website had no information on it and was useless. The automated message on the call said "due to CoVid, we cannot take your call", and it hung up. This happened over and over for months on end. I finally contacted customer service about it, and they gave me an email address to send my complaint to. After many weeks, they finally replied, saying that because it had been over 12 months, they could no long honor the rebate.

If a company will not honor their commitment to their clients, then I will not do business with them. Plus, the service was horrible. If I wasn't on Wi-Fi, it was impossible to pull up any websites on my phone. So, I transferred my cell service to another carrier, and afterwards called C Spire to cancel my account. My automatic bank withdrawal had just gone through the day before. I was told there was no refund available for my canceled service. I wanted C Spire to be a good company to do business with since they are based out of my home state, but I did not have a good experience with them at all.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I had been with C Spire since 2008 when I started experiencing problems in mid January 2021. People on the other end of my calls from my home kept telling me my phone was cutting out and they couldn't hear half of what I was saying. I was told by customer service that that day they had sent an update adding voice over LTE. I turned off my wifi and discovered data speeds of about 2mbs. For about a month following that date I was assured they were working on it. During that time they billed me twice for service that could be best described as undependable. At the end I was informed that they could not correct the problem and was given a credit of 50 of the 145 dollars I was charged while the problem was going on. I switched service to Verizon and the difference is astounding. My average data speed is 50 mbs.

Today I received a final bill from c spire that showed an amount owed to pay off the phone (which I paid) and then an amount that showed a partial month charge. When I called their customer service the first person told me it was a charge for porting out my phone (canceling service and taking my phone with me). When I said I would not pay that, I was put through to a manager who told me it was an additional payment I owed on the phone not a charge for porting out. The charge is less than 20 dollars but after being strung along and billed for a month and a half I think it takes a lot of gall to apply this charge. I have read other reviews of long term c spire customers who have related the same story, when a problem arises with the service c spire keeps billing while they "work to fix the problem " and in the end when they can't still expect payment for the period when their service was substandard.

C Spire Wireless (formerly Cellular South) Company Information