U.S. Cellular

U.S. Cellular Reviews

3.6/5 (348 ratings)

About U.S. Cellular Reviews

U.S. Cellular Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I have had U.S. Cellular for several years and not once in that time have I had a problem with connecting with anyone or any dropped calls. I have traveled from the Midwest to the East Coast to the West Coast and down to Florida and never had a problem. When I have a question about my phone they are always very helpful. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

U.S. Cellular provides a no frills, very inexpensive access to phone, text and internet access. Their bills are very clear and consistent. They also make it easy to convert your existing phones from other vendors.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Great service and the people that work in the stores the friendliest people ever. Never does my billing differ from month to month. Thank you U.S. Cellular. No matter where you're at you always have service. I took a trip with my friend and at the time I was with a different carrier. There was so many times I couldn't do anything but my friend that had us cellular always had service and that is why I switched. I'm still pleased with their service.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I have needed a new phone now for a while. I was thrilled with my experience with Britley. She was over the top helpful and I I have no complaints. She made it a lot less stressful going through the process.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Currently using US Cellular and I really disappointed. It's the only cell service in the area and I have a 4G but half the time I'm actually roaming and I'm in the area. Can I get service inside my home and I have to stand outside in the rain whenever I want to talk on the phone and every time the internet service is comes and goes. You go into the office to get an explanation as to why you're roaming and the service being disrupted you get told you have to call customer service. No help at all.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

Details about my experience are a 1.04 download speed and a .16 upload speed…. And as for a 5G experience I can’t review… cuz my real life US Cellular speeds are not even realistic to what the company advertises…. There’s no reason in this day and age that one of the top cellular companies should have such POOR SERVICE in a town the size of Iowa City…. It’s SAD for what you pay for.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

They do great with new customers. But, they don't offer much for their existing loyal customers. The coverage of it isn't very widespread. It does great in most of the midwest but if you travel it doesn't cover most of the US.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

5 g plan is actually less than one percent of U.S. Also told Bill would never increase, another lie. Also told complete service, another lie. No phone service often throughout the day at times for hours. Was told this phone service reliable for medical needs. Lies, lies, lies.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

First off let me add that initially my service was amazing. I had perfect signal and my data was fast... SO basically once this company had me under contract it became a dumpster fire. I have everything from dropped calls, texts won't go through, photos won't send. Oh but they want their money. What a money grubbing nasty corporation. My grandma passed away and I completely missed calls and messages about that. Then you have customer service. Okay they have the sense to put normal sounding humans on the phone... but guess what?! They don't know what is wrong. They do not know why your service is bad. I have heard and I am not joking everything from we are going to 5g, to reset your phone, to the leaves... yep the leaves on the trees oh and corn fields. Wow... 160$ a month for a brick... DO NOT GO THROUGH THIS! Avert from this company. They do not fix anything and they do not care.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I left US Cellular due to their unwillingness to help with my son's unfortunate circumstance. I started having problems at that very moment. Being told one thing by the call center but something else in store. The fact that I cancelled in March and I'm writing this review now should say something. We paid ANOTHER "final bill" last month (again, canceled in March). Anyways my dad was sent to collections over a 99.00 bill that was PAID last month. They finally found his payment today but I truly hope they can reverse the damage now on his credit for THEIR mistake. Absolutely ridiculous. I was a little upset having to even have to go somewhere else at first, but now I'm actually happy I changed companies because of this months long experience. I know with all certainty I will never return as a customer and certainly will not recommend anyone to them either.

Original review: July 28, 2021

The manager at this store has terrible social skills. She gives out misleading information to everyone.. One day she’s okay with things next she’s not doing it.. I absolutely dislike this store & how they handle things...

Original review: July 17, 2021

Their service is HORRIBLE! I wouldn't give it 1 star if I didn't have to! You can be extremely close to one of their towers and not have any Network at all! Along I-40 between Checotah and Shawnee you can't make calls because it never has any Network Service Available! Constantly getting Dropped Calls! Between Quinton and Wilburton, we have came upon wrecks and there's NO SERVICE! I am currently checking into other Carriers because this is the WORST service ever! When you're on Pre-Paid, you don't get the same network as Contract plans! It's Crazy!! I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND US CELLULAR to anyone!

Original review: July 10, 2021

The assistant at this particular cellular store did not want to help me in any way or shape or form, I called and asked for help about switching my services but they declined and hung up for no good reason but for the fact that they weren't gonna get money from me anymore, sorry to tell you but acting like a little kid isn’t going to make me want to stay on your services any longer so goodbye U.S. Cellular, hello Straight Talk, no disrespect towards all us cellular employees but nobody wants to pay for a service that doesn’t provide what they inform you with in the first place, it’s misleading and I’m sick of angry coworkers not being able to get a hold of me, have a good day.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Poor to no reception. If you use their service you need a 5G phone. I did not expect to have to replace 2 newer phones or buy signal boosters. When I buy a service I expect it to be reliable. They were in the past, but haven't been for several months now.

U.S. Cellular Company Information