U.S. Cellular Reviews

U.S. Cellular
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.48/5

U.S. Cellular Reviews

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

US Cellular advertised $65.00 unlimited with no hidden fees. This is not true. They charge a $10 'line charge' in addition to the advertised monthly price. I have spoken with US Cellular about this bait and switch and they refuse to remove the hidden fee. Just spent over $700 on a phone switching from another cell company based on US Cellular and and information from sales clerk in store, only to discover 'no hidden fees' was all false information. Bait and switch.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I changed from Verizon to US Cellular because I was added to a plan. Price was higher at US Cellular. Bad move! My US Cellular provider had absolutely horrible problems. Bad reception - none in any basement of any home. No reception up north & central Wisconsin. Text messages received an hour after they were sent, voicemail left but phone did not ring (yes, ringtone turned up) and totally misses calls & texts when sender/caller proved they DID call/text me. I'm now back with Verizon and my reception is great! Works in basement, elevator, even up north AND I'm getting all calls & texts. Never leaving Verizon...and by the way, it's also about $50 a month cheaper!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

The website was updated and I am unable to log in. I tried all the normal troubleshooting and even called customer service. Very inconvenient having to call to pay bill. Might be time for new carrier.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Won’t even discuss the Dropped calls and lack of coverage in my home area right now. This topic is about US Cellular’s updated website. For months, since they updated it, I have been unable to view my bill online, or log in to pay. Every month I have to call and pay my bill. Customer service is SO not helpful, and treat me like an idiot. Yes, I have cleared cookies. Yes, I have tried to log in on multiple devices and multiple browsers. Nothing will even bring up the log in page. Their site is the ONLY one I am unable to log in to pay bills. No real answers have been given. Shouldn’t a company be held by law to produce your bills also? Not a happy customer at all. Would not recommend. If you have a problem, be prepared to be treated like an imbecile.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I live 15 minutes outside of a major metropolitan area. Once again I had 5 dropped phone calls while attempting to call my father. For some reason every morning when I get up my phone shows I have no signal. Sometimes driving through certain areas in this major metropolitan area my phone drops calls constantly. My wife and I took a road trip this summer and used Google maps and consistently lost coverage while trying to use it. We finally had to purchase a roadmap. We had Verizon for 15 plus years and experienced maybe a few dropped calls the entire time. I am seriously considering paying the early terminations charge just to get rid of them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

My husband has been charged three times for the same bill, Eve. Though the website said an error occurred and the payment didn't go through. He has now been without phone service for a week due to the fact that US Cellular seems to have lost two payments of $127 which have both cleared our bank. Even with confirmation numbers. It has now taken five phone calls, three different fax numbers, one online chat, and three different proofs of payment through our bank... Still currently unresolved at the time of this review.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I have had US Cellular for about a year now. I travel in the lower or southern part of NH for work and need the phone to make calls or send text. Sad part is, as I'm in all the major southern cities I do NOT have phone reception and cannot make a normal phone call or hold a conversation without losing service. I have taken screenshots of my locations to show where I am to prove I'm not in remote locations but the company still says the service is good where I am. I'm hesitant to buy another phone because why spend another $1000 to have service that doesn't work???

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

My first issue with US Cellular was just trying to pay my bill. Their website stopped recognizing my device, even though it was the same one I had already used to pay their bill numerous times. Then they emailed me a passcode, which of course their own website wouldnt accept. Then I went to their local retail store to pay the bill, and was told Id have to wait in line for about an hour to do so. Why they wouldnt have someone working just to accept payments is beyond me.

Next I tried calling Customer Service on my phone. The phone they sold me, and their robot couldnt accept my credit card number, whether I typed it in, or verbally read it off. Then finally they connected me with an Agent whose Indian accent was so bad that I couldnt understand him. And just so you dont think this is a one-time situation, I've gone through this paying my monthly bill going back the past 3 months. They are AWFUL. Find another cell phone company. ANY other cell phone company.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

This service ONLY gives deals for switching. Me and my family have been with them for YEARS and now a few of us want more phones and noticed there is NO good deals for existing members. iPhone 11 for $0/month? only for people who switch. Want 50% off the latest phones? You have to switch. There is a deal for the Pixel but that’s not a popular brand of phone. They only care about people who are switching from other carriers and not existing customers.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Asked if there were late charges if you pay the bill late and was told no there are no late fees. THAT IS NOT TRUE. If you need an extension on your due date they will charge you $5.00 per line and not put the charge on your current bill but will rack it all up and if you leave the company or switch plans they hit you with it all at once. I went from a 12G plan to an unlimited plan. Bill is supposed to be 197.00 with 2 lines 2 financed iPhones with insurance. My bill is 328.00 because apparently that is 6 years of late charges racked up. Was also told by three different reps in store that I had to pay off my current phones and start a new plan to get unlimited. That is also false. You can change plans at any time even if you have financed phones.

If you have a question about anything with them I recommend asking 4 or 5 people because the answer will change every time. Very poor customer service. This is the third review I have ever left on a company in my entire life. I am not one to complain or care enough to take time out of my day to write this big of a review but this is one of the worst most dishonest companies ever. They are good until you need help from customer service or are a single mom and need a little extra time to pay a bill and they rack up late fees for years and years and don't tell you or just tell you no if you ask.

U.S. Cellular Company Information