U.S. Cellular Reviews

U.S. Cellular
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.20/5

U.S. Cellular Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Cellular?

Original review: May 8, 2020

I've been a customer for several years and never have had issues with anything major. My only gripe is calling themselves US Cellular is a bit misleading as they are not located throughout the US. Prior to my purchase I was told Arkansas was covered but after my purchase Arkansas became a place I would roam consistently and constantly. Other than that they are great and always helpful.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I've been with U.S. Cellular for over 20 years. They had fair service before I switched to a pre-paid plan, now it SUCKS. No one told me that the service would be half as good or less on prepaid. Even with 5 bars I get a recording "enter the area code and number you're calling" OVER and OVER. They jacked the price up on their plain until I can't afford it. They don't care about keeping their old customers.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Ive been with US Cellular for almost 15 years. For close to 10 my bill has been $300+ for the past 2 years. I've been getting fraudulent charges, they have made arrangements, they scammed my mom into buying these tablets, they weren't honest about the amount, they then told me they didn't have insurance, they all broke right away, they did in fact have insurance, they shut us off over 10 times and charges me 200-500 every time they turned us back on. They have been charging me all these prorated charges and reconnection fees when we were shut off or when we had arrangements, they shut us off 3 times in 2 weeks and charges me 1000 in reconnection fees, they charges me hundreds of dollars in these prorated and reconnection fees when we had arrangements, and when we weren't even shut off.

When I've called to ask they run me in circles until I'm so confused I can't argue the amount, they have credited me 100-200 a few times, but when they charge me $300-1000 a few times a year that is nothing. Last year I got them to cancel the tablet monthly amounts, they were supposed to just stop billing me instead they added 300 to my next bill. They've been charging me reconnection fees for lines that were suspended. There's handfuls of charges, this has been going on for years, I'm only interested in the last year. It would be too much to go over the entire 15 years. I have more bills, and I need to explain there's so many charges, and you can't see where the disconnections are, it would be easiest to call me, you also dont know which lines are the tables, etc.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I have used several providers, was unhappy with all of them. US Cellular is the only one that I've been satisfied with. The service is excellent, I walk into the store with a problem and it's solved, I call with a problem and it's solved, The price and plans are something I can afford. They are always friendly and helpful and the only one I have wanted to stay with.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Overall they are pretty good but we’re in a cellular service desert here where they are the only viable option available. I am looking into finding some other source of cell service because I’m just not over all that impressed with them.

Original review: April 9, 2020

I have been with US Cellular for over 10 years, and have no intention of switching. They have kept my monthly contract amount to around $40.00, and I don't think there is another provider that can do that with all the options that I have. When I have had issues with my phone or service, they have usually resolved to my satisfaction. I am very happy with them.

Original review: April 5, 2020

Terrible reception unless you are in direct range, service drops all the time through western part of the ME state, lies about free phones to lock you into a plan, no reception at all while traveling through CT.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I have an iPhone 6s through US Cellular. When I stay mainly stay in town, it works fine. However, when I travel to a different nearby state (10 minutes away), I don’t have any phone reception!!! In town however, the reception in very good; even in the old brick building I work in. Many of my colleagues, who have different providers, must stand near or out of the exit door in order to get reception at work. I don’t have that problem. I pay approximately $80 a month, which is WAY TOO HIGH for my budget. I’m looking to switch to another provider, if I can get a lower monthly rate.

Original review: April 3, 2020

The company's commitment to customer satisfaction is stellar. Area coverage is very good. The network experiences very few dropped calls and call/connection quality generally good. The company has stepped up in a major way during the virus pandemic to assist its customers with connectivity.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I have been with US Cellular since 2018. I got a new phone and was paying it off. I had a plan for $55 unlimited calls and texts with 2GB of data. That along with the $10/mo I should have been paying $65+taxes. However I was paying $90. Each month. Some months they wouldn't put my payments towards the phone but just took my money for whatever reason. I just paid it off last month. When it should have been paid off a year ago.

Come to this year, my bills for a $55 plan has been over $100. $109, $200, etc. for ONE line. That is a scam. And when I asked why, they just apologized but never gave the reason. It's about $36-$40 in "other charges." I increased my plan to $60 a month because for $5 more I got unlimited data. Now my bill is $94/mo. Not including whatever additional charges they've applied to make it $140 next month. They have so many hidden fees and "service fees" when I don't call them for maintenance, or use any of their services. Yet I'm always charged. For a month, my service was disconnected because I was in between jobs. And ever since, for the past year or so I've had a "suspension" fee for $25. Does that make any sense?

It's been over a year and half and I'm still being charged for it. When I pay my bill on time, they make it update on your account AFTER your billing period so they can hit you with a late fee. And disconnect my account until I pay EVEN MORE money just so they can hit me with another suspension fee. I never knew one of the top mobile carriers would be such a scam and false advertisement.

U.S. Cellular Company Information