1.43/5

479 LG Cell Phones Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 18, 2019

The LG Stylo 4 is the worst cell phone I've ever owned. LG tech support and their administrative people could give a damn after you bought it and doesn't and didn't address the extremely sensitive keyboard that types gibberish if you even get close to keyboard. So now it's out of warranty and offer no resolution to this 300 dollar piece of garbage. If there is a class action lawsuit I want a part in it. This company is getting away with theft and not one thing is being done to stop it while people are losing their hard earned money. Enough said. I'm done!

Original review: May 15, 2019

I always choose an LG when I'm buying a new phone. I personally find them to have an easy interface, they are of good quality, and a reasonable price. I have less issues with LG than any other brand. They seem to last so long that I'm only purchasing new phones just to have a diff model, not because of any technical issues. Sometimes I'm ready for something new but it's always an LG. Plus they have a large variety and pretty stylish too. My favorite so far is my LG Stylo 4. I highly recommend it. I love mine!!! I find it very convenient to stick a popsocket on them as well. It allows you to have so much more freedom with your hands without having to set your phone down.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I hate this damn thing. The screen locks up and the only way to get it working is to reset it. It's just like my zte phone which did the same crap. I wish I had never got it. I like everything about it except the screen issues.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Overall I like the Stylo 4. I have large hands and this phone fits well. I have had the same make & model with both both Mobile and Sprint. Both have done the job well. The Only drawback is the design of the Stylus. The plastic top always breaks off! I have spent more money on stylus replacements than on phone payments which is very sad because I really do like the phone.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I bought this phone as a temporary 1-1.5 yr phone until Samsung's new 5g Note came out. I had a Samsung2, very old but loved it...and wanted the Note but didn't want to pay $1,000 that didn't have the 5g built in. Ever since I bought this phone I have one disappointment and frustration after another. Settings change on their own. New hoops to jump thru occur... Tonight it cut off at 10pm deciding to go to sleep... which, I never set!! I have about 6 mo left to wait on new phone but I'm not sure I can stand it this long! If you are accustomed to Samsung, you probably won't like this phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: March 25, 2019

Can't stand my LG phone. Hard to hear the conversation, dropped calls, and it seems to re-program itself to make using it even more difficult than it originally was. I will not buy another one of these.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

My LG/Aristo Cell phone from T-Mobile is deleting phone #'s - After listening to the CEO of Google, recently testifying before the U.S. Congress... And in recent years, being a struggling senior citizen with health issues, I started paying attention to the harsh reality that Google, Facebook, Instagram, and many other huge global corporations are using and abusing our personal information that they are literally suck up all of our most important facts, bank account info, etc. and they are stealing it... Whether we like it or not! I made the mistake of trying to limit my 'info sharing' with them... Just a few years ago I thought that Google was huge company that was primarily a search engine specialist and information co.

I tried to turn off their info feed and force stopped a few built in apps... But I discovered after the various warning windows that opened up by Google's operating system... They deleted some of my most important phone #'s and was on the phone with a lesson in futility that my carrier; T-Mobile was totally unhelpful and stated they can't do anything... And to add insult to injury... They would not stop my service or would charge me anyway til Mach 4... But worst, neither LG who stated they have no idea and implied I was lying to... Then transferred me to a Google play rep. Who stated she has no idea what I'm talking about then hung up on me...

Called back to T-Mobile who disrespected me verbally and stated they would not stop my service til March 4 even though she could shut off my service now but will still charge me for the rest of the month!?? What does a poor old good citizen do on a fixed income??? Some of my families and life long friends are in various different states and I have to go thru all sorts of trouble to regain those #'s... and T-Mobile is trying to bribe Trump now as they stay at Trump's hotel in Washington... For the Sprint merger... They all suck if you are poor and old.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have had this piece of junk G7 for 2 months now and every day its a new disappointment. Settings seem to change on their own, you have to turn it off when you wanna charge it otherwise it doesn't detect the charger. When going online, the screen dims and gets brighter. On phone calls the screen either stays on and my ear drags down the quick access menu and does things I don't want it too or the screen goes dark and won't come back on and I'm not sure if the call has ended or not. Simply put don't buy LG phones, save yourself the pain and just have the salesperson kick ya in the nuts instead. I sure do miss my old broken phone.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I have never purchased a phone I was more dissatisfied with. The LG Stylo 4 is horrible. The sound is very low on any video you try to watch. It's hard to get back to home screen, as you have to bring up and press the back key several times. THE BATTERY LIFE IS NOT EVEN 8 HRS (The 1st phone had to be sent back due to only a 2 hr battery life). All the cords were supposed to be uniform and this is not - have to buy new chargers. Was not told battery was not accessible. I had a LG Stylo 2. That was great. Do not waste your hard earned money on this phone. If I could return it for a full refund I would.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

If I would tell that 'There is nothing I can say good about this phone other than its potential use when scooping the dog droppings' I would still be crediting a good compliment for this LG4. The product has no quality. It is very fragile. Three months after I have purchased it, it fell from 50cm, right on to its screen. It was padded with a body protector and a screen protector. It was simply fell from 50cm. Nothing more. When I peeled the smashed looking screen protector, I noticed that the original screen was way more smashed than the protector. Do you guys manufacture it from a candy? Anyway, I made the screen to be replaced. It cost me around 200 CAD, and the screen is still not intact, it is a very poor structural design. Apparently, it is designed not to last long, or to be repaired and maintained. It is just a shiny junk.

The DATA and WIFI reception quality is almost next to zero. I used the phone in the city, the city of Toronto. It had the slowest DATA and WI-FI receiving Android phone at all times. It is not only with the service supplier believe me, even at home connected to WI-FI my wife's 4 years older Samsung was quite ahead of this poor LG4 right after a fresh restarting on a completely cleaned phone (cleared out of all unnecessary apps, even though wife's was loaded with many).

Who the hell designed the software, especially the language features such as auto-correction. I am a native Turkish speaker, and English and Romanian. I may understand that you may be incompetent to design for including a genuine keyboard for Turkish and Romanian alphabet. But who the moron that created the language library in the most stupid course that it still force to correct very common words in Turkish -figuratively such as 'for'- to something completely irrelevant words every each time -figuratively such as 'ksy'. After 2 years of using it still didn't learn my name (Tunay) and still forces to something else. Writing at LG4 is like peeing upward while laying down.

Poor hearing quality. In addition to very poor reception quality, it has the worst hearing quality. I can communicate way better with my old S4 active which I used harshly. Believe me, I've tried two phones (S4 active and LG4) at the same location, for the same receiver, with the same service suppliers, and almost a minute or two apart. S4 active just sounds very clear on both ends while your LG sounds like a cat scratching the carpet.

GPS consumes battery excessively. I mean if I put GPS on for about 10 minutes, it sucks my battery by 20%. Therefore, it is literally not a short statement if I say that LG4 sucks. It has a GPS feature, but you better not use it if you don't have a power back-up. LG4 is a prank and class-1 prank... How come I forget to surprises of jack sign?

LG4 is always prone to bring surprises to you because the LG4 may unexpectedly pass to earphone jack mode, and let you wordless and deaf. Unfortunately, it takes some time to understand that it just became mute and deaf. You may understand only when the other end of the communication didn't give an answer to your question - if not hang-up yet. It is totally absurd, right? However the - so-called phone - gadget is meant for communication - by means of talking and hearing since the times that Graham Bell has invented it, LG invented to make the phone mute and deaf... I kept using it because I bought it on a plan (FIDO-which is another scam) and I accepted this as a curse which I have to keep using it until the term ends. If I ever purchase an LG phone for any purpose other than to scoop dog poop, I better be cocked.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

This features fall way short to the SAMSUNG! You can't schedule text messages to be delivered at a set time. The photos come out HORRIBLE, blurry you can't adjust focus and you CANNOT take clear close ups. The sound quality is so low that you must use an external speaker to enjoy any movies. I'm SO SORRY I bought this phone 4 months ago. I absolutely hate this phone. I will be faithful to SAMSUNG in the future at ANY COST!!! When my duration of my lease nears I WILL BE DROPPING THIS LOSER!!! Sprint too! Their service is not high-speed like they claim.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Moisture charging problem returns with REPLACED port! I live in Costa Rica and 2 days after the initial warranty ended, I took it to the only LG authorized service center. They replaced the port for $50. Four months later the same problem, occurs. The only way I can charge it is to turn it off, press both volume buttons simultaneously until 2 barcode looking symbols appear. But you have to remove after 3 hours, or it starts to discharge. What crap!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Got an LG phone with my new contract. After 9 months, I started having problems with the phone and after 10 months it died. Sent it in for repairs which took almost 4 weeks. When it came back, it had all the same problems including not being able to use it even when it was plugged in. Sent it in a second time for repairs. Some of the problems were fixed but not all. Contacted LG who promised to replace it.

8 days later, no phone so I called. No callback. But I got an e-mail that they would send out the phone. Tried calling the next day and Faten ** (the person I had been dealing with) still refused to call back and sent no e-mail. All I wanted was a guarantee that the new phone would be covered in case of problems but Faten ** refuses to communicate. Some customer service - or rather lack of it. I was told by someone at my service provider that LG products are the worst and that so many of them have problems.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

This the second LG Stylo phone I bought. The first one was LG stylist 2 this here is a LG Stylo 4. I just got this phone about 2 or 3 months ago. The speaker dont work. It will automatically add aids to the phone. It will make calls without you having it in your pocket. The phone wont hang up when you try to end a call. I paid too much money to be having all these problems out this phone. Lg Stylo 4 is junk phone. Pictures dont come out right when you take them. I can go on and on but you get the picture. I would like for LG to STOP selling junk phone. Give us our money back or give us a better phone!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I bought 2 4 Stylo cell phones 10/26/18. Both phones started giving me problems. The drop call speaker go on and off, dials on it's by itself, lagging, must charge all night and by 12 noon battery is at 5%. They won't send me to new phones. They want me to send me my phone, be let with no phones for 2 weeks. If they knew these phones are lemons why are they still selling them!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

LG G6 touts an IP 68 water resistant certification along with other Mil hardened certifications. That sounds great except if the phone water resistance fails. After six months the phone developed a problem where the SIM wasn't being read. Everything else with the phone worked properly. LG voided the warranty because the phone showed the inside had been exposed to moisture. I do not understand how a water resistant phone has water in it. So if the phone fails to perform to the IP 68 standard it is not a failure of the phone but of the user. Tried talking to a second level support supervisor and the only response is that since they do not know how the water got in the phone they will not assume responsibility. Apparently the certifications are only good as long as they work.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I live in Nigeria and delighted in LG products. My LG G3 began to shut down and restart by itself few months beyond warranty period and finally did not come up again. Also my LG V10 had similar problem, it just went off by itself and never turned on two months after warranty. Lastly I purchased LG X-POWER which lasted a year and six month before shutting itself off and on. I took it to LG service centre but I was told that the phone was no longer under warranty. Now I have decided never to use LG phone again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

3 in one year. All crap. First off this is the only phone that takes a correctly spelled word and changes it to a word that does not exist. Doesn't remember crap, slow, shuts off with battery at 90%. Slow, screen shatters easily... Stylus is the only thing ok. The settings for keyboard are next to space bar... WTF!!!! Talk to text is a pain to get to. Takes 4 steps to make a call but will call and video chat when I put it in my pocket. I wish I could torture this phone and its family. Wal-Mart $29 phone was better.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I had my phone for 2 years. About one month after a forced upgrade the phone froze, I shut it down it came back up and stayed frozen. It gave a demigod kernel crash warning. After long searches online I found the solution but I can only resolve on my own if I live in another country. Here LG forces an upgrade that breaks the phone and you must pay to send it to Texas and pay to have it fixed. It is a common problem with LG phones and for LG 4 they will fix for free but not the same problem on any other phone.

My last phone worked for 6 years, still works but of course was out of date. I would never buy an LG since nobody can assist you to fix the issue unless you send and spend. It is an easy fix that I could do right from home but they won't allow us to have the software. Other countries bargained for them to allow the software be available to self fix. LG told me it was a motherboard issue but 9,000 people online have fixed with software updates. But not here in the US.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

LG phones, like HTC, are garbage. Super cheap made phones, sold at an exorbitant prices. And just like the HTC phones I had, the LG phones are nothing more than major technological flaws. Not even being able to get through the first month of new ownership, these things start with all the usual problems: Won't turn off. Turns itself off in the middle of talking or texting, or something else. Automatically dials someone on your phone list without ever having to be near or touch the phone. Doesn't DO ANYTHING when touching an icon to make a call or go to any function. Does something completely different besides the function you are wanting it to perform. Turns itself back on "high volume" when you set it to "low or no ring".

The camera flips back and forth between selfie mode and video mode without even touching it. Camera takes about 10 pictures all in a row, without touching anything. Camera won't record when pressing the record icon. Camera won't STOP recording when pressing the stop icon. Camera goes out of focus in the middle of a shot or in the middle of recording. Camera stays "blurry" until you reboot the phone. Calls won't end when you hang up or press the stop icon, you have to reboot the phone to get it to hang up. Phone doesn't respond to personal settings, like turning off the auto-correct or auto-word program.

Camera won't take picture or record video instantly, it starts about 10 seconds later… after the image you want has already passed. Geez, I could go on for hours on this. Don't waste your money on this piece of garbage. Don't waste your money on HTC either. The only two RELIABLE brands I've ever had were Kyocera and Blackberry. Unfortunately, you can't pick your own phone and pick your own carrier. You have to pick what the carrier has, which is usually garbage.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I purchased a LG Tribute phone, through Boost, that after 6 months quit charging. I had phone insurance through Boost but when I inquired with Brightstar, the company referred me to call LG, to use the manufacturer warranty, because the device is under a year old. LG says they can repair the phone but will not provide a loaner phone. Which means the customer has to pay for a month of phone service and only have the device half the month. Seems like LG is in on screwing people over.

After speaking with customer service today the guys were actually very nice and understood the issue. I feel bad for the workers, that LG would choose to work with Boost to screw over customers to their advantage and make them answer the phone to tell the unsuspecting victims that they are getting screwed by 3 companies!! Simply because they refuse to work together to figure a way to help people in my situation! I don't know anybody that is willing to send their only, daily use phone, in for repairs for two weeks and not get a loaner. ESPECIALLY since I pay for the phone insurance every month!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

The LG V10 which I purchased has a problem where the screen flickers, goes dark and at the same time, the touchscreen doesn't work. I went to the LG website and was in a chat with an LG representative. He was quite rude and exited the chat on me.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I bought first LG G4 and it lasted two years and one month and after that stopped working and screen won't turn on. Tried different repair shops but no one could fix it, so I threw it in garbage and bought another LG G4 from a private dealer... but the phone got same issue like the first phone in less than 15 months, and again no shop could fix it... I have Sony phone and Samsung for at least 8 years, but they are still working.... my advice, never buy any LG PHONES.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Yesterday, I brought my old cellphone into a place I thought was a Verizon store but it was Cellular Sales. I thought well you know Bill make good since I have a Verizon contact on my broken screen protector that allegedly had a lifetime replacement. No, I had to have the old screensaver which was in pieces and it's a way to have them replace it. How convenient. So they told me they could you know get me into a new phone which I didn't want but I in a moment of weakness let them do and they gave me a really good deal.

Now I know why LG and Motorola give good deals and Samsung doesn't. This phone is a piece of trash. When I try to type on the keyboard it keeps going to nothing. It just stops and I find myself on a blank piece of page. Then I have to try and get the keyboard back and it's a mess. Also, I can't walk around my house without it cutting out. I have to sit in one position and it's not a comfortable position, either. I hate this phone, I would recommend No One by this phone and no one by LG. They used to be a good phone but that was years ago. They have become absolute trash!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I bought an LG phone. My daughter put the phone on the ground at an angle and it cracked. However, the phone still worked. About 2 months later LG required that I download an update. The update shut down my phone and would not let it work. When I called the company they were unable to help me over the phone. They asked me to send in the phone and they would fix it. I received an email saying that they were going to charge me $160 to fix the phone. I told them that I just wanted to have the software fixed that they required me to download. They said that they would not be able to do that without fixing the screen and charging me because the warranty had been voided when my daughter cracked the screen. I pointed out that the software was required by them to download and that nobody else could fix the software. They responded that they do not do partial fixes.

I am upset because they are the ones that caused the issue. They put the software issue on Google and said that it was their issue. My question is how can all of these companies fix a car or computer over the internet but LG requires you to send in your phone. Why can they not fix their own operating system? It seems very shady of this company not to stand behind their own products. If I required you to do something shouldn't I stand behind or be required to fix the problem if one was created. LG does not stand by their own products and blames Google for their software issues. How can you trust a company like that? I can't. I would highly recommend not buying an LG phone. That is something that I feel I can stand behind.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Horrible customer service - purchased V20 in April 2017. By Feb 2018 the phone was not charging properly. Phone got replaced under warranty at that time. Now, Aug 2018 battery is not holding a charge again. Verizon states I need to go through LG to get battery replaced. Spoke with LG today, after rounds of going back and forth (they claimed that my year warranty only applied to original purchase - April 2017 therefore my warranty replacement which is 6 months old does not qualify for warranty battery replacement) supervisor then agrees to replace the battery under warranty.

But wait I have to send my entire phone into LG to get battery replaced and that will take 2 weeks!! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to replace a cell phone battery. I even offered to pay for the battery to get a new one until my old battery was deemed under "warranty". $ 700 + phone 16 months old - replaced once already. Now another issue in that same time frame. I will never buy any LG product ever again!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I got the LG G6 (H871) phone through AT&T. It had a one year warranty. The phone lives in my left front pocket. On the 13th month I started getting a "Moisture detected at USB" message. This kept alarming and would not let me charge the phone. The phone has not been in water, maybe some sweat for when I was working around the yard. I found nothing on LG website and AT&T says LG does not work on the phones if they are water damaged. (It isn't water damaged, the phone just says it is.) AT&T tried a total reboot and load. Same problem. AT&T says I will have to buy a new phone. My opinion is that there should be a switch to shut the feature off if it is going to be that unreliable. This was my first LG phone, probably will be my last. I had great cellphones in the past, Nokia, Motorola, even the darn Windows phone lasted longer w/only minor problems. Not being able to charge my phone is a major problem.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I purchased an LG Fiesta smartphone from Walmart back in mid-March of 2018. It was very reasonably priced and it said T-Mobile on the box. The warranty is for 1 year and written by LG. Unbeknownst to me they assign their warranty to other companies like TracFone who are offshore businesses. I had a problem with the USB cable not the phone. When I submitted a report for warranty both LG and TracFone said the other was responsible for the USB cable.

TracFone doesn't even carry the USB cable or know what the part number is. TracFone is a Philippines owned company and that's where their help desk is located so you don't get anybody who can speak English properly or understand as far as what the problem is. I told him that a problem with Walmart Family Mobile up until now when they transferred me from being billed by T-Mobile to being billed by TracFone even though T-Mobile is the cell phone Communications carrier. If you want a real run around as far as getting Satisfaction by a LG phone you will be very disappointed. Again this has nothing to do with the product. It has to do with the warranty and the lack of physical and corporate responsibility to the consumer. Remember LG is a Korean-based company not in the United States.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I have a Nexus 5X (made by LG). I have a bootloader issue. I bought the phone on eBay. They refuse to fix the phone because it was bought on eBay. LG is responsible for this problem, and they do not want to solve it. I will NEVER EVER IN MY LIFE buy an LG product... And I will tell every friend and family to not buy anything from LG. I am not surprised the average is one star. It would be 0 if it was allowed. Don't ever buy an LG device. They are not the best at anything. A big mediocre company.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I paid $249 for this LG phone in November 2018. By June 2018 I had shipped it back for repair twice for the same problem - the on/off button wouldn't respond. It came back three days ago, supposedly fixed. It lasted three days for the problem to reappear. I am getting the run around from LG. This company doesn't appear to stand behind its products.

LG Cell Phones Company Information