LG Cell Phones

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am very dissatisfied with LG. It was my first product I used of LG and my life's first expensive thing I bought from my responsibility. It was a great phone according to internet reviews. After a year it stuck into bootloop after updating software. This problem was with many LG G4s. My phone had a little crack on the screen which I got 6 months before the problem happened. LG was taking responsibilities to repair all of the phones but they refused for mine because it had a little scratch on it (according to policy). How funny is this. Yes it had a physical damage, but that doesn't mean this is because of it.

They knew bootloop problem is not because of that physical damage. But as most of the companies out there... Making money and all, asked for 150 dollars + taxes. ** man. Your phone is ** and still who has to pay... Consumer... Who just made a bad decision to choose LG. I will never buy any LG phone. Neither let my friend and family buy. Thank you LG. Life is so good...

Doesn't hold a charge worth spit and lousy keypad for texting-only. Have had it a month. Try getting this company to do anything about it. I bought it at a Metro PCS store. Their service is fine. It is the product that is not good. I have had cheap flip phones that cost less than this one and they worked much better.

I purchased a bluetooth headset in March of 2016. In August of 2016, it just stop working. Since the product was still under warranty, I sent it back to LG with the required information, which was the RA number that was provided to me by LG. LG sent my bluetooth back to me in the same condition that I sent it to them. I called LG and was advised that the technician refused to fix my bluetooth because he didn't have the required information. I spoke with a supervisor of LG who informed me that the systems shows that they received the required information. I filed a complaint with LG. I was supposed to receive a response within 24 hours. That was 4 days ago.

I purchased an LG g4 cell phone from Amazon. The seller stated it had a warranty but 4 months later when the phone completely shut down I found out there was no warranty. They told me to contact LG. LG's customer service is a joke! What company says "there's a known problem but we're not going to fix it unless the phone is under warranty" or they will fix it for a fee. These phones should be recalled. I will never purchase another LG product! Nor would I recommend!

LG has admitted that several weeks ago due to pushing a software update, that many customers have experienced the BSOD. When I called cust serv over the weekend, I was told that although I did nothing wrong, that because my phone is just out of its warranty and I didn't purchase the insurance, that I could either return the phone for an undisclosed repair cost to ME or I could purchase a "like new" phone from them for $150!!! This is ludicrous! Subsequently, I have lost not only the use of my LG device but EVERYTHING that was in it!!! What can I do???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

I purchased this phone from Freedom Mobile. My phone just died and when I called them they said it's past their warranty. Upon googling the problem, it said that most of the LG G4 has motherboard problem. So if this is a factory defect from the beginning, can it not be fixed by LG? I saw that there are thousands of people with similar problem. Isn't there a place a class action lawsuit can be lodged against LG for selling defected phones in North America.

My mother and father purchased the "Best Phone on the Market", the LG G4 with the stylish leather back! Yeah... Pure sales tactic garbage. Due for an upgrade and in dire need of new phones, my parents went to the Sprint store. When arriving, they were greeted and shown around to new cell phones. Of course the phone that they push the hardest is always the best right?

With high expectations and excitement for a new phone, my parents were swindled into buying the new $600 dollar LG G4. Not just one, but two of these phones! Long story short and not getting into dates, my father's went bad 11 months after they bought it. I kindly called and got everything situated. I packed it up, sent it off and everything was perfect. I receive notice that it will be 6-8 weeks. Take in mind, my father travels the country working and my mother stays home alone sometimes. This became a large inconvenience to our family. He went four and a half months without his phone. Not the 6-8 weeks. We called and called again. Finally dad got pretty pissed off and raised some hell. They placed us on the urgent rush list. My dad's phone comes back and it's all good!

My mom's phone goes bad 3 weeks out of their one year purchase warranty. I call and raise suspicion to the fact that both phones took a crap right within a year. The "Best Phone of the Year" right? I call and complain saying it's out of warranty and I want it fixed. Told them it was the same issue as my dad, the motherboard went bad. The man kindly says they have a 15 month warranty for that issue. I get the label created and ready to ship. Takes me a couple days to get it over, but that's because nowhere to drop for FedEx around. I drop it, and receive notice that the label wasn't "Clear enough" therefore making my product become out of warranty by a month.

Now I called to find my situation, and the guy tells me they can't take it and won't send me a label. It's out of warranty and I have to take it to a special place to get fixed. We paid 1300 for two phones that are junk!! Now one is worthless because they will not accept it for repair after I opened the case two months ago!! It didn't start to work again, and his excuse was "well if the product isn't in our facility when the warranty is in effect it's no good".

I asked today to speak with a higher positioned person and am waiting to do so right now. My mom had to go buy a new phone to hold her over, but needs this one fixed. I am practically blown away at this point. I have new 2015 LG washer and dryer, a Lg TV we bought this year, our phones, my parents appliances and TV are LG and the list goes on, but how do they just neglect a customer that spends THOUSANDS!! I know that from this point on, I will be spreading the word that LG is a untrustworthy company with cheap products. I will never buy from LG again and I also advise other people to do the same.

I have the LG inspire gold and it has been giving me issues since the 2nd day of ownership. I purchased the phone 11/14/2016. It is now 12/29/2016. So in this short amount of time the phone has been nothing but a headache. It keeps saying invalid battery even though the battery that came with the phone I never use anything other than the charger it came with but it doesn't stay on. It registers me off my wireless network majority of the time. I would say this device is trash and I wouldn't recommend anyone waste their time or money with LG and from the looks of the reviews I've read it doesn't seem as if the LG manufacturers care that they are distributing faulty products and are doing little to nothing about it to meet customer satisfaction. If a suit is going to be placed against them please inform me. I will be willing to join. This is ridiculously unfair to us as buyers.

In October 2016, I was forced to upgrade my LG G3 to LG G5 due to a malfunction of the LG G3. I received a "NEW" phone on October 7th 2016. On December 20th 2016, the "NEW" phone went black, got hot, and a pink screen which looked like a computer blue screen came up. I took it to our local US Cellular store where I had received it and they could not save it! Everything was lost on my brand new phone. The supervisor said I would receive another phone the next day and I did but found out at that time they replaced my new phone with a refurbished phone!!! AND, I still am paying for a "NEW" phone. I've asked for an adjustment and they responded that LG only replaces with refurbished phones. So, NEW phones crashes in 2.5 months but I have to pay "NEW" phone price for 3 years!!!! No adjustment. No new phone.

I have bought many Bluetooth headsets from LG but over the course of time they only last for 6 months. When you send it in, they either repair it or send you a new one; but as soon as you begin to use it, within the next 3 months, you have to call up the company and tell them it is no good. This constant back and forth of exchanging is wearing me out. Why can't they make their product to last. It seem that this was designed this way so that the consumers have to keep buying their product. I have decided that I will never buy another LG headset again because the workmanship is poor, and the customer service is not helpful. Until I hear that things have change as to the quality of their products, I will never buy any products from LG. I am sending this evaluation out to all who read this review, DO NOT BUY ANY LG PRODUCTS. YOU WILL BE IN FOR A GRAVE DISAPPOINTMENT.

Purchased on the Google w-site in Oct. 2015 and then USBC connector broke in Dec. 2016. Got RMA and dropped phone off with RMA label at FEDEX retail location. Phone never made it onto a truck at the local FEDEX consolidator. LG says they will take care of it but offer no details when pressed. Wild guess is that it takes a month or more to get a phone back from LG.

LG G4. I purchased this phone 4 months ago. It is now stuck in the "bootloop". I have sent it to LG for repair. Between problems with the phone and LG's terrible customer service I am completely dissatisfied with this company. LG refuses to fix this problem after admitting that this has been an issue and that this is a company defect. The customer service representatives have not responded to my inquiries in the promised amount of time and I had to reach out multiple times only to explain the issue over and over again. It has now been 2 weeks since I sent my phone to LG and no solutions have been offered. I will never trust of buy from this company again.

When I first started experiencing the issue, I took it to a local repair place. They identified the issue as the known boot loop issue. I called LG and was told in no uncertain terms that they were aware of the issue and repairing as a warranty issue regardless of the date of manufacture. They send me the paperwork and the label, I send in my phone. Suddenly my phone is 'out of warranty' and the repair is $200. So they're pretty much holding my phone hostage at this point and I'm livid. Just to add insult to injury, the representative in chat insisted that there are no supervisors whatsoever in the building outside of Monday - Friday 1000-1900.

My husband and I purchased the LG3 at the AT&T store. Fourteen months later my LG3 stop working. It kept on stated that the sim card was not valid. So I went back to AT&T and the sale person stated to me that I was the 10 customer that came in that day with the same problem with the LG3. So they replace the sim card twice and still wouldn't work. They told me that I would have to contact LG to see what I should do. At that time I still owed $250. Well Anna (LG customer service) stated that I was still in the manufacturer warranty. She stated to me if the new sim card doesn't work to call them back and they would have me send the phone to them to get fix.

Well when the second sim card didn't work, I called back LG and spoke to this guy who was rude. He then told me that my phone wasn't under the manufacturer warranty. He stated to me that the manufacturer warranty didn't start when I purchased but when the phone was made. WHAT!!! So if the phone sat on an AT&T shelf for months. The consumer is out of luck. LG rep stated that I can mail the phone back and it would cost me to fix it. I couldn't believe it. I still owed $250 on this phone. I was not going to put any more money into it. I was so upset. I called AT&T and told the At&t rep what happen. I told him that I needed a phone and that I will go back to their store and purchased the ZTE phone for $39.00.

Well the AT&T rep put me on hold and came back and told me because I was a customer of AT&T for many years that they would sent me the ZTE phone for free. Which I was grateful for because I needed a phone. I still have to pay back the $250 balance for the LG3 phone that doesn't work. It just makes me sick that LG can do this to customer. I will never purchase 100's of dollars for a phone again. This ZTE phone does everything my LG3 phone did for what I need it to do and the cost is only less than $40. So if It dies then who cares, I would just purchase another one for $40. It's so wrong that consumers are being ripped off. Please if anyone files an action suit please contact me. **. I would be glad to be a part of it. I'm sick as a consumer for being ripped off.

Just got this phone about 3 months ago. I have had all kinds of problems. Overheating, will not keep a charge, can barely hear on it. Have had Verizon a long time never had problems. Cannot get but 2 bars on this phone. Cannot get on it 90 percent of the time. It is the worst phone I have ever had. Going to main dealer to try to get it resolved, but they said they would have to get me the same phone that I do not want. I think everyone should file a class action lawsuit on LG. Tired of getting screw with phone. I want my Apple back. My advice to not ever get a LG.

I have an LG2 Escape phone. It's the worst phone I ever owned. It's thru AT&T. Dropping calls all the time. From day one! I sent it back, the second one acts the same! They keep trying all these troubleshootings, but so far nothing helped. In the meantime I wasted at least 4 hours being on phone or chat with them!

I bought a LG G5, the phone seemed very innovative but I could use it only one month because it could not charge anymore. I tried with another charger but the problem was from the phone. I contacted LG Belgium but they told me that they don't take care about this model that I bought in a Belgium website. I have to contact different LG customer service to found that I have to send it in Hong Kong. I sent it and it seems they fixed it except they don't want to send me it back! I tried to organize the carrying back but of course it is impossible to contact the good service to send them the track to put on the package. LG are thieves and sell bad products with defects and they don't care!!! I will never buy a LG product anymore!!!

As a result of recommendation by Verizon sales rep, bought new LG V-10 in March of 2016. I have had nothing but problems with this phone and Verizon just ordered the 3rd replacement for this phone. That means it will be the 4th phone in 7 months. I tried to get Verizon to give me a different brand and model of Android phone, but they said at this point they could not, but why don't I pay off the 500 balance still remaining and get a different phone. I'd have to have my head examined to do something that stupid. I don't want the damn thing to begin with and I sure as hell aren't going to throw away that kind of money on this piece of crap. Let's see if number 4 is any better than the first three, if not I will write back.

My phone was working totally fine until one day it suddenly got stuck on a reloop boot, where the phone continuously restarts until it finally stopped working completely. I sent my phone to LG, who had assured me it would be fixed, to get it back three weeks later and find out that it is being refused repair due to 'evidence of liquid residue found'. Regardless of this, the problem and reason why the phone stopped working had completely nothing to do with this, and it is a widespread problem throughout LG G4 phones and highly publicized over the internet.

Basically, I understand that although accidental damage may not be covered under warranty, but the liquid residue found has nothing to do with the problem - it couldn't be more irrelevant and it seems totally unfair that they refused to fix/replace this phone for such a widespread problem. LG have lost a customer for life, and I will discourage friends from buying from their brand in future due to such an awful experience.

We purchased 3 LG G5 cell phones on June 24, 2016 through Sprint. We paid $576.00 for each phone plus tax. Within 6 weeks, my husband's LG G5 phone kept rebooting then died. Sprint replaced phone with another LG G5. Within 6 weeks same issues with new LG G 5 phone. We were to we had to send it to LG with $88 dollars for them to repair phone. We mailed phone with payment end of Sept. 2016. Now, 3 weeks later, we are still waiting for phone to be repaired. We keep getting emails to contact them to give Ok to proceed with anti-theft code. Each time we call LG they tell us to ignore email. Our phone is being repaired. We get another email. Same message. Now today my phone same kind of phone, LG G5, is doing the very same as the 2 other phones. Keeps rebooting and overheating. Was working one minute then it didn't work anymore.

These phones are defective and should be recalled and people should be refunded. LG customer service is useless. I will never buy any LG products. I am hearing from people that they too have had issues with LG products and I have seen many complaints on this phone and that LG customer service is useless. My 40 year old son has been without a phone for 3 weeks. We have contacted Sprint they say because it is over 30 days we must go through LG. We have insurance on each phone but just found out the deductible is $150 with Assurance Insur Co. Another highway robbery on customers that should not be allowed to charge customers such as crazy price.

Model # LG-VS986W, FCC ID: ZNFVS986,S/N:505KPDT0016474,H/W Rev. :1.0,imei:357903061444745. This phone died 2 months before the year was up. I filed a claim with LG. They accepted but mysteriously my phone came back only to die 1 week after deadline?

I have 2 LG3 android phones that don't work and both are not even two years old. The first one stop working in July and I tried to have it fixed. When you buy the phone they don't tell you when you buy the extra guarantee for them after the first year you don't just pay 50.00 for them to replace it after the year you have to pay 200.00 to replace it and of course when the year was up my phone stopped working. I should have know because we got the two phone together, my son's phone had to go back the next day because it was broke. Had to wait for the new phone to come in that should have told me to get rid of both of them and get another brand name phone NOT LG. I now have another LG phone my sons and now it is doing the same as mine that I had fixed. The LG3 have defects. I had a lady told me she got one and the next day she took it back.

I will never buy another LG again. The service stinks when you try and get the trouble taking care of they always tell you "phone is no good" so you put the extra money out for another phone. You have to go to their service place that they tell you. "You need another phone and you are past the 1 year warranty." They are very rude people. The guy me and my son dealt with was the rudest person that I ever had, waiting on me he was in hurry to get me out so he could help the next person which he want out from around the counter and sit down with her and you could he was looking her phone over and taking care of her. ALL I HAVE TO SAY DON'T BUY A LG PHONE, THEY ARE NO GOOD.

On September 30 I contacted LG support regarding the bootlog issue with the LG G4 and support immediately said the phone would be replaced and provided me with a FedEx label to ship it from Austin TX to Fort Worth TX. The phone shipped on Oct 3 and was delivered on Oct 4. I have made almost daily calls to the customer service 'no customer service' which is in the Philippines to be told different stories each call. On Oct 10 I rec'd an email stating they had just received my phone when the truth is they didn't know where my phone was from the date of delivery on Oct 4 until after numerous phone calls by me. The Philippines supervisors are of absolutely no help and claim there is not a phone number to talk direct to the repair place. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced from a large corporation.

My LG G3 phone quit working 10 days before one-year warranty expired. I gave them proof of purchase and they wrote me back saying the phone is out of warranty and I must pay to have it repaired even though my phone is CLEARLY under the one-year warranty from date of sale. They are telling me the warranty is one-year from the manufactured date when their warranty states from date of sale. This is a SCAM company!!! I warn you to stay away from LG phones at all costs!!! They will do anything and everything not to repair their phones under warranty. I am a reputable engineer. In my lifetime, I have never seen such a fraudulent company. If I had time I would sue them but it's not worthy my time. I just bought an HTC 10 and will hope for a better experience this time around. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!! Buy LG products at your own risk!

Brought a LG k7 phone. Started charging it. Had it less than 12 hours phone started getting hot as soon as I started charging. I try to bring it back to the store. They give me the runaround. Went to four store in one day. Brought the phone at 6 pm. Tried to return it at 10 am. Was told I could not get new one. Had to wait on one so it can it got hot so it was the battery. Hell to get one.

I sent my phone to LG for repair Sept 2, 2016. The repair was supposed to take 7-10 days. The repair tracking says 6 days to return to me. I was told to go to my carrier and have them 'lend' me a phone. Real life not Philippines scripted life: carriers don't do that. 29 days later I still do not have my phone. The right thing for them to do at this point is to replace the phone or upgrade me and the customer service team is not equipped to service this expectation. I have called them numerous times. Emailed them numerous times and check the status almost everyday with no update.

I had purchased a new phone and the camera did not work. I had to send it in to LG in Fort Worth, Texas. It took them forever when they finally sent it back - stating: THIS PRODUCT IS DAMAGED AND NOT REPAIRABLE. OUR INSPECTION RESULTS ARE AS FOLLOWS: WATER DAMAGE. No. It was a new phone, no water damage. This is an ongoing issue with the LG phones. What happened? Did they not know how to fix it? To make matters worse, now the screen keeps blinking on and off. THEY BROKE IT EVEN MORE. Very frustrating. I tried to reach them through their phone number and after waiting on the phone, trying to get to the proper area - I was hung up on. HORRIBLE SERVICE. Now I have to figure out how to get a new phone when I just purchased one. SL 16923735, MODEL: V588OPPBK.

I'm giving the phone a 1 star because I can't go any lower. I bought the phone at the Sprint store. I hadn't bought a phone for five years, because I loved the Samsung phone I had. But it stopped working the day before I took a vacation overseas. I ran into the Sprint store because I needed help. The phones looked totally different than they had five years before.

The salesman pushed the LG4, and I thought it looked and sounded great. I was to get the phone for free with a two year contract, or pay $600 if that wasn't a deal that was offered. I bought the phone, and left for Bali. The phone didn't work properly there, except for the camera, which worked wonderfully. I thought that it was just because I was overseas. When I returned to the States, the problem continued. I took it to the Sprint store, and was told that I needed a new battery... Long story short, I bought multiple batteries and different kinds of chargers until I demanded to use my insurance to get a new phone, since my phone just wouldn't turn back on.

That's when I was told that insurance wasn't appropriate for a defective phone. It would have to be repaired by LG, and it would take a long time. There would be no break on the payments for the phone, no break by Sprint for the bill during that time, and no loaner phone. So I needed to be sure to pay the bills while I waited for a month or more (which I did - I'm still waiting) to get my phone repaired and back. He also cheerfully told me that some people had to return their phone more than once.

I waited for over a month, then contacted the Oregon Attorney General's office. I have heard back from Sprint, and I got an email from LG saying that my phone is in the mail. I would prefer a new, high quality phone from a less sleazy corporation, and I would like for LG to refund my money that I've paid, and waive the rest since they were never able to keep up their end of the bargain.

I've had 3 LG G4s phones and 2 LG G2 phones. All of them have bricked in some way. My first G4 went into a boot loop after a year and I had to get it warranty replaced. The replacement I had wouldn't even turn on! I ended getting another warranty replacement of the replacement and that just recently bricked after 3 months. The last one was "out of warranty" so I had to buy it outright from AT&T or wait several months with a cheap old phone!! It was absolutely not my fault that it bricked. It locked on the LG logo and then went black and wouldn't respond in any way. I wouldn't ever recommend this company to anyone.

I brought my LG mobile phone from Boost Mobile with insurance. Since the day I brought it, this phone has been overheating so twice a day if not more. I have to turn it off for 30 mins and turn it back on (sometimes 3 times a day). So yesterday it got so hot I turned it off and it completely died. So I phoned Boost Mobile as I have insurance with them. The rep I spoke to was speaking so fast I had to stop her twice. She did not want to replace my phone (so why would I have paid insurance?), told me to get in touch with LG.

I asked to speak to her supervisor as I brought the phone from Boost Mobile shop with insurance. This she did not want to do at all. She kept cutting me off, would not give me her name. Then I got cut off from the conversation. Possibly the worst customer service rep I have ever had to talk to. So now I have a LG phone that does not work insurance. I paid but Boost will not send me a new phone (it's 3 months old!) The phone is in perfect physical condition. I will NEVER go with Boost Mobile ever again.

LG Cell Phones Company Profile