LG Cell Phones

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have purchased LG10 V from AT&T; I have it for about 15 months when it suddenly stopped working. It won't turn on and has Bootlooped. I called LG support unfortunately my warranty just expired this January first as per the technician. I told her that I found many other customers with the same problem on the internet while trying to figure out what was wrong with my phone and she told me that they never had a complaint. This is a fault of LG. They should fix the problem for the customer without an extra charge. I am not happy with LG. Loved the phone while it lasted but hate that it only lasted a little over one year for the price that I paid.

This phone is absolutely the worst. Period. System UID's out of hack to no fixable solution. This was the worst purchase ever. Not ever again will I make this mistake. My memory card has been wiped twice now, and that in itself is worthy of all the hate and venom I can ever possibly come up with to say regarding LG phones. This is not the first LG phone I've had problems with, and this purchase took 29 months for me to decide due to the prior dissatisfied experience. Thank you.

3 months after receiving my refurbished LG g4 phone I started having problems. I would not be in control of my settings. Either it would be blocked out or not be there at all. My phone would download things all the time even if I tried to stop it. I would receive fake lg legal agreements. My phone would turn off when I would try to record it with my other cameras. I would get redirected to fake websites as well as fake 1 800 numbers. It would turn on repeatedly when I would try and factory reset. It would have this vibrating pulse about every 3 seconds that would drain my battery extremely fast. It would delete any photos or videos that I would record of it. It would know when I was about to make calls or report this to someone and turn off my phone before I could dial number, as if it could see my every move. Amongst a few other things that happened in last 30 days them are just a few.

I'm 100% convinced that someone was remotely controlling my phone and was able to see through the camera because it would stop me from doing something seconds before I could dial number or record it or anything of that nature. It could change setting right in front of my me and had total control of my phone. After 3 factory resets nothing would stop this hacking attack to my phone. I cannot google things now because I won't agree to the google agreement. I'm limited to phone calls and texts. Of which I had never received missing texts and tech support said it showed texts leaving their phone but would never make it to mine for starters etc...

If anybody else believes they were actually hacked and not just victim to malfunctions of the phone please let me know. I'm not going to give them my phone back for refund after reading in the reviews what a nightmare that will be. I'm going to get a different phone and never buy anything lg again. I might try to find a tech who can inspect it carefully and see if he can detect any tampering with because I'm 100% know I was a victim of a hacking scam.

Purchased an LG4 January 2015 - 2 weeks after the 1 yr. warranty the phone has completely died. I'm still paying $300 for a phone I can no longer turn on. Bought a battery thinking that was the problem. I'm very upset that I have now lost photos, contacts and other information. I will never purchase another LG. Thank you for nothing LG- Life is not good.

LG G4 phone still on lease program will not reboot after one year and one month. Sprint rep made us aware of LG G4 issues, told us to go directly to LG. After sending phone back for inspection LG claimed not under warranty due to damage. I have never dropped the phone and have always kept the phone in an Otterbox for protection. The only damage the phone has is a cracked camera lens from my carrying in back pocket. The phone has been able to be used with the lens cover damage.

LG said they could fix for $85 for the lens and $185 for the other issue. Having contacted LG support and speaking to someone from? The rep was on script and kept saying “Due to damage your phone is not under warranty. You can pay to have phone repaired.” After continually asking if a diagnostic had been run to verify a software issue has been done and asking if there is a known issue she reluctantly admitted there was an issue of people not being able to boot up beyond the LG screen.

We researched and noticed many complaints about this phone have indicated that numerous persons have and are experiencing the exact same problem. I just asked for them to repair the software issue, don't worry about the lens I can get a replacement for $13. They are sending the phone back as I sent them. I am S.O.L. and having to continue paying for a defective phone. Out of frustration some have tried repairing themselves. Some have found that by taking a hair blower and heating the chips so they will fall back in place can sometimes repair the phone.

How can a company out of good conscious knowing there is an issue continue to treat a consumer in such a manner and stay in business? How can we as consumers come together and file a suit against LG??? To make an issue right? The attempt to contact LG has been impossible after having missed the call from Alabama after I complained the previous weekend. I get caught in a loop and am unable to make contact with a real live person... Only having to hang up…

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

My LG G4 headset icon is stuck to on even when the headset is unplugged. I don't know why. This is the 2nd time it happened to me. The first time I've sent it in for repair, the phone worked for 1 1/2 month, the 2nd time, I've exchange it for a replacement phone. Hopefully, this will resolve the issue. I've noticed this happened after I dropped the phone, however, I have a case to protect the phone, so, shouldn't be an issue, but who knows. If it happens again, I'm done with the LG G4. When It's stuck with the headset icon on, the speakers are not working, I can't hear people when they call, I can only talk to them when I put them on speaker. I wonder if anybody else have a similar issues.

I have a LG TV. After 4 years of use, it started to show different type of failures. I searched the web, many people encountered the similar problems. By baking the PCB (main board, or the IO board) can fix the issue, sometimes it will work for a few months. In my case, different issues popped up. I baked it again and fixed it. I am a computer HW engineer and this points to the flow soldering issue during manufacturing. Apparently LG does care because when this showed up, it would have passed the warranty.

In Oct 2015, I purchased their flagship G4 phone. After 14 months of use, the phone is in endless boot loop during power up. Again, many people complained about this. Youtube showed user how to bake the phone. Again, this is the manufacturing SMT soldering issue. I baked the phone and able to get it to work for 24 hours. After a full backup, the phone died again. It is out of warranty. I shipped that back to LG yesterday, and I am not sure how much it will cost to fix it. THE BOTTOM LINE IS: I will not buy any LG products.

Will never own a LG phone again. I bought the beautiful LG G3. Was an amazing phone that was simple yet packed with features. I was a big fan of the phone. I woke up one morning to find that my G3 had bricked. It was stuck in boot loader. I had the phone for little over two years, so it was out of warranty. I ended up buying a new LG G4 for $350.00 (even though the G5 was out). Not even a full year later, my LG G4 bricked. It stays on the LG G4 boot loader screen. Supposedly it's a hardware / mother board issue. Saying that I'm very frustrated is an understatement. These phones are expensive to fix out of warranty, not accounting for the time it takes to fix them. Save yourself time, pain and money, and just stay away.

My LG Nexus 5X was affected by the bootloop issue. One evening it just randomly began restarting, and then never turned back on. I had the phone for 8 months. I had to send it out to LG to be inspected and possibly repair. About 2 weeks later I was told it could not be fixed. They offered to "upgrade" me to a G4, which I didn't not want as it has no fingerprint sensor. They then agreed to ship a G5 instead. About 3 weeks later (one month after my phone died) I get a package that has a refurbished G4 in it. I called and was told a new order will be shipped out with the G5 and I can then send the G4 back. During this whole time, I had to go out and purchase a new phone.

About two weeks later and no G5, I called Customer Support who had no record of the G5 ever being shipped and was told they could do nothing about it. I emailed Customer Support and only get generic "Sorry for the inconvenience" emails back, but nothing is being done each time I call for an update. It 100% safe to say I will never purchase another LG product again. I am glad this happened before me and my wife purchased some new LG washers and dryers we were looking at just before this.

Well at times my LG4 for some reason would recycle itself. Then on Sunday 01\29\2017 it just stopped working. I went to AT&T and I got dumb looks, Till I told them there was a ongoing problem. The nice clerk did some checking and then told me to contact LG. Well time for doing something I LOVE nagging companies that did not let others there was a problem. Well first on to Facebook to contact AT&T and LG and posted in the open about my problem. AT&T was so helpful and told me that LG will take the phone back and fix for free. I got the nice agent's name after telling them that I was thinking of just going to another carrier after 14 years.

Next step. Contacting LG, I went a few rounds and I got the info on how to get the phone serviced for free. Granted it will be almost a month before I get it back. Oh they do tell you to pull your SIM card and extra Memory as they toss them in the trash if it is sent to them in the phone. Granted It took me almost 3 hours. Then I got in touch with AT&T and did an early upgrade. In the morning I will be getting my Kyocera DuraForce XD. Once the LG gets back it will be use it as my UBER only phone. It was worth the fight.

I have read countless stories online from LG customers whose phones have experienced a boot loop failure. LG has publicly acknowledged the issue is a design defect. They have lied to customers and held on to phones for months. I have asked LG to send me a replacement or refund rather than be another who ends up with no repair, no replacement, and no refund. LG customer service will not move my call up the chain. They simply hang-up.

When I first got the LG smartphone I thought it was a pretty decent device. But then a few years later I found that the phone started boot looping and I was unable to fix it. I tried a hard reset but that did not work. Taking it to a repair shop won't do me any good since the warranty has expired. LG customer service is a joke.

Summary: Paid $72 to have phone repaired and back within 5-7 business days. 25 business days and counting with no phone. Details: I sent my LG G Flex 2 to LG Electronics for out of warranty repair in December 2016. It was received on 12/19/16. It was diagnosed on 12/20/2016 as "Power Completely Off/Components on Board" at fault (This is technically incorrect as I noted it does communicate via USB with a PC and registers as a "Qualcomm 9008" device - physical components were fine, only the software was wiped from memory. Nonetheless LG diagnoses the whole motherboard as faulty and charged $72 to swap it without replacing any housing).

I paid $72 by phone on 12/22/16 at the number provided. Payment was accepted. I verified on my banking app during the call and the service representative verified payment on their end. She stated it'd be "3-5 days for the repair" and I'd get a FedEx tracking number when repair was complete. The email from LG Electronics Alabama, Inc. also stated, "You will receive your repaired unit within 5 to 7 business days from the date we receive your payment." I received no calls or emails and the "Track Repair" page on LG's website still read "Repair In Progress" as of 1/11/17. I called again and the same representative told me the board was on back order and would be available on the 13th. Repairs would begin then, and it'd be 5 more days after that to wait on repairs.

A week later on 1/20/17, I receive an email from LG saying to contact them, that repairs could not be made at this time. This email was sent late business hours Friday afternoon, so I was unable to contact until the following Monday, 1/23/17. The phone number was different, apparently Customer Service division. The previous calls were with the Physical Damage/OOW repair department. The email address was verified as LG.

After half an hour or so of this new representative checking my account, he tells me the board for my phone is actually on back order until March. I informed him that wait is not acceptable because I was already told the part was available as of the 13th by the repair department representative, because the original statement is "receive repaired unit 5 to 7 days from date of payment" and it was a whole calendar month later and because, more practically speaking, I'm moving mid-February and phone is at risk being permanently lost/delayed in mail. He apologizes and offers a refurbished LG G4 instead of my G Flex 2 if I do not wish to wait any longer.

I refused, stating the G4 was well-known to have boot loop issues, not reliable and expressed I preferred my G Flex 2. He then offered a G5. I was unaware of anything defective with that model at the time of the call so I did accept a refurbished G5 to replace my G Flex 2. I was given a second authorization # to track the G5 with and told I would not be receiving my G Flex 2 back. I asked for a FedEx tracking number and - you guessed it - was told I will be sent one by email in 5-7 more days (In retrospect I should have pointed this statement as being an unacceptable wait too, but I maintained the same politeness I've had in all these calls. I felt the issue would be resolved soon).

As of this morning, 1/30/17, my tracking page for my G Flex 2 still reads "Repair In Progress" over a month later. The tracking page for the second number I was given on 1/23/17, to track the G5, has read "Awaiting Customer Shipment" for one week. This is the only message it has said since the representative gave me the tracking number. 1/22/17 when payment was made until today, 1/30/17, is 25 business days. I paid $72 to "receive your repaired unit within 5 to 7 business days from the date we receive your payment." I have made three phone calls to two representatives from different LG departments and don't even have a shipping tracking number yet. I am following up with another phone call during business hours today to try and escalate and expedite my case with LG. This wait is unacceptable and is bordering on unbearable now. Will update with details here moving forward.

I purchased a LG phone in Sept. of 2015. I had to replace it July 2016. Today 1-27-2017 this phone stopped working. I have to pay to replace it. I am very frustrated because I may not be able to retrieve my data. I feel that you should be told at the time of purchase that this may happen. I have read many reviews from LG customers that have had the same experiences with their LG phones. Why do you keep selling these defective phones? It makes no sense to pay for a phone that doesn't work. I will not be purchasing a LG phone again. I will pay this phone off and purchase another brand.

LG G4 phone just died. What a customer service nightmare!! Manager "Andy **" how do you even have a job??? Phone triage with Verizon to LG no notes documenting call, still owe 150. On a phone and "free repair" promised not honored due to agent's poor service. Not located in the US.

We purchased the LG G5 phones December 2016. Had constant problems with the batteries with this phone. Had constant problems with the phone having to reboot. Once the warranty is up within two weeks both phones to completely crashed and shut down. Took the phones back to T-Mobile. They say nothing they can do. Want to charge you $300-$500 for a new phone depending on which one you want. They say to contact LG. LG has had several complaints regarding this phone. They are doing absolutely nothing about it. This is a complete scam. LG is aware of what they are doing with these telephones and that everybody is having the same problem. They need to reimburse people for all the money that you paid on the so-called leases of these phones. There's going to be a class-action suit if something is not done immediately. I too have contacted LG and filed a complaint.

LG G4 a trash. Just stay away from this phone (or probably all LG phones). I bought this phone 15 months ago, and recently, it stopped working (problem of Boot Looping). I called the service repair and they said "you have to send your phone for servicing" (payable, of course). Firstly, I don't get it from people who are willing to send their phone loaded with private stuff to unknown person for repair. Secondly, why LG did make the solution (repair kit, firm download) available on their website? This problem of boot loop was discovered sept. 2016, and LG representative acknowledged the problem later, and said that all the phone with this issue will be fixed. Here I am now with almost a dead phone loaded with important photos (can't transfer them to PC, USB does not recognize the new drive), and can't send it to a stranger to fix it. Very disappointed.

I am very dissatisfied with LG. It was my first product I used of LG and my life's first expensive thing I bought from my responsibility. It was a great phone according to internet reviews. After a year it stuck into bootloop after updating software. This problem was with many LG G4s. My phone had a little crack on the screen which I got 6 months before the problem happened. LG was taking responsibilities to repair all of the phones but they refused for mine because it had a little scratch on it (according to policy). How funny is this. Yes it had a physical damage, but that doesn't mean this is because of it.

They knew bootloop problem is not because of that physical damage. But as most of the companies out there... Making money and all, asked for 150 dollars + taxes. ** man. Your phone is ** and still who has to pay... Consumer... Who just made a bad decision to choose LG. I will never buy any LG phone. Neither let my friend and family buy. Thank you LG. Life is so good...

Doesn't hold a charge worth spit and lousy keypad for texting-only. Have had it a month. Try getting this company to do anything about it. I bought it at a Metro PCS store. Their service is fine. It is the product that is not good. I have had cheap flip phones that cost less than this one and they worked much better.

I purchased a bluetooth headset in March of 2016. In August of 2016, it just stop working. Since the product was still under warranty, I sent it back to LG with the required information, which was the RA number that was provided to me by LG. LG sent my bluetooth back to me in the same condition that I sent it to them. I called LG and was advised that the technician refused to fix my bluetooth because he didn't have the required information. I spoke with a supervisor of LG who informed me that the systems shows that they received the required information. I filed a complaint with LG. I was supposed to receive a response within 24 hours. That was 4 days ago.

I purchased an LG g4 cell phone from Amazon. The seller stated it had a warranty but 4 months later when the phone completely shut down I found out there was no warranty. They told me to contact LG. LG's customer service is a joke! What company says "there's a known problem but we're not going to fix it unless the phone is under warranty" or they will fix it for a fee. These phones should be recalled. I will never purchase another LG product! Nor would I recommend!

LG has admitted that several weeks ago due to pushing a software update, that many customers have experienced the BSOD. When I called cust serv over the weekend, I was told that although I did nothing wrong, that because my phone is just out of its warranty and I didn't purchase the insurance, that I could either return the phone for an undisclosed repair cost to ME or I could purchase a "like new" phone from them for $150!!! This is ludicrous! Subsequently, I have lost not only the use of my LG device but EVERYTHING that was in it!!! What can I do???

I purchased this phone from Freedom Mobile. My phone just died and when I called them they said it's past their warranty. Upon googling the problem, it said that most of the LG G4 has motherboard problem. So if this is a factory defect from the beginning, can it not be fixed by LG? I saw that there are thousands of people with similar problem. Isn't there a place a class action lawsuit can be lodged against LG for selling defected phones in North America.

My mother and father purchased the "Best Phone on the Market", the LG G4 with the stylish leather back! Yeah... Pure sales tactic garbage. Due for an upgrade and in dire need of new phones, my parents went to the Sprint store. When arriving, they were greeted and shown around to new cell phones. Of course the phone that they push the hardest is always the best right?

With high expectations and excitement for a new phone, my parents were swindled into buying the new $600 dollar LG G4. Not just one, but two of these phones! Long story short and not getting into dates, my father's went bad 11 months after they bought it. I kindly called and got everything situated. I packed it up, sent it off and everything was perfect. I receive notice that it will be 6-8 weeks. Take in mind, my father travels the country working and my mother stays home alone sometimes. This became a large inconvenience to our family. He went four and a half months without his phone. Not the 6-8 weeks. We called and called again. Finally dad got pretty pissed off and raised some hell. They placed us on the urgent rush list. My dad's phone comes back and it's all good!

My mom's phone goes bad 3 weeks out of their one year purchase warranty. I call and raise suspicion to the fact that both phones took a crap right within a year. The "Best Phone of the Year" right? I call and complain saying it's out of warranty and I want it fixed. Told them it was the same issue as my dad, the motherboard went bad. The man kindly says they have a 15 month warranty for that issue. I get the label created and ready to ship. Takes me a couple days to get it over, but that's because nowhere to drop for FedEx around. I drop it, and receive notice that the label wasn't "Clear enough" therefore making my product become out of warranty by a month.

Now I called to find my situation, and the guy tells me they can't take it and won't send me a label. It's out of warranty and I have to take it to a special place to get fixed. We paid 1300 for two phones that are junk!! Now one is worthless because they will not accept it for repair after I opened the case two months ago!! It didn't start to work again, and his excuse was "well if the product isn't in our facility when the warranty is in effect it's no good".

I asked today to speak with a higher positioned person and am waiting to do so right now. My mom had to go buy a new phone to hold her over, but needs this one fixed. I am practically blown away at this point. I have new 2015 LG washer and dryer, a Lg TV we bought this year, our phones, my parents appliances and TV are LG and the list goes on, but how do they just neglect a customer that spends THOUSANDS!! I know that from this point on, I will be spreading the word that LG is a untrustworthy company with cheap products. I will never buy from LG again and I also advise other people to do the same.

I have the LG inspire gold and it has been giving me issues since the 2nd day of ownership. I purchased the phone 11/14/2016. It is now 12/29/2016. So in this short amount of time the phone has been nothing but a headache. It keeps saying invalid battery even though the battery that came with the phone I never use anything other than the charger it came with but it doesn't stay on. It registers me off my wireless network majority of the time. I would say this device is trash and I wouldn't recommend anyone waste their time or money with LG and from the looks of the reviews I've read it doesn't seem as if the LG manufacturers care that they are distributing faulty products and are doing little to nothing about it to meet customer satisfaction. If a suit is going to be placed against them please inform me. I will be willing to join. This is ridiculously unfair to us as buyers.

In October 2016, I was forced to upgrade my LG G3 to LG G5 due to a malfunction of the LG G3. I received a "NEW" phone on October 7th 2016. On December 20th 2016, the "NEW" phone went black, got hot, and a pink screen which looked like a computer blue screen came up. I took it to our local US Cellular store where I had received it and they could not save it! Everything was lost on my brand new phone. The supervisor said I would receive another phone the next day and I did but found out at that time they replaced my new phone with a refurbished phone!!! AND, I still am paying for a "NEW" phone. I've asked for an adjustment and they responded that LG only replaces with refurbished phones. So, NEW phones crashes in 2.5 months but I have to pay "NEW" phone price for 3 years!!!! No adjustment. No new phone.

I have bought many Bluetooth headsets from LG but over the course of time they only last for 6 months. When you send it in, they either repair it or send you a new one; but as soon as you begin to use it, within the next 3 months, you have to call up the company and tell them it is no good. This constant back and forth of exchanging is wearing me out. Why can't they make their product to last. It seem that this was designed this way so that the consumers have to keep buying their product. I have decided that I will never buy another LG headset again because the workmanship is poor, and the customer service is not helpful. Until I hear that things have change as to the quality of their products, I will never buy any products from LG. I am sending this evaluation out to all who read this review, DO NOT BUY ANY LG PRODUCTS. YOU WILL BE IN FOR A GRAVE DISAPPOINTMENT.

Purchased on the Google w-site in Oct. 2015 and then USBC connector broke in Dec. 2016. Got RMA and dropped phone off with RMA label at FEDEX retail location. Phone never made it onto a truck at the local FEDEX consolidator. LG says they will take care of it but offer no details when pressed. Wild guess is that it takes a month or more to get a phone back from LG.

LG G4. I purchased this phone 4 months ago. It is now stuck in the "bootloop". I have sent it to LG for repair. Between problems with the phone and LG's terrible customer service I am completely dissatisfied with this company. LG refuses to fix this problem after admitting that this has been an issue and that this is a company defect. The customer service representatives have not responded to my inquiries in the promised amount of time and I had to reach out multiple times only to explain the issue over and over again. It has now been 2 weeks since I sent my phone to LG and no solutions have been offered. I will never trust of buy from this company again.

When I first started experiencing the issue, I took it to a local repair place. They identified the issue as the known boot loop issue. I called LG and was told in no uncertain terms that they were aware of the issue and repairing as a warranty issue regardless of the date of manufacture. They send me the paperwork and the label, I send in my phone. Suddenly my phone is 'out of warranty' and the repair is $200. So they're pretty much holding my phone hostage at this point and I'm livid. Just to add insult to injury, the representative in chat insisted that there are no supervisors whatsoever in the building outside of Monday - Friday 1000-1900.

LG Cell Phones Company Profile