LG Cell Phones

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought an LG Stylo 2 from Sprint. After only 4 months I have to use speakerphone for anyone to hear me. Of course, Sprint can't fix it. I call LG and they want to send me an email with a postage label. I tell them I have no printer and can't do that. They insist that I can. Sure, I could go to the library to print out the label, Walmart to buy a box, and then make a trip to the post office. THEN, I have to go without a cell phone until they fix it. In 2013 I bought an LG TV. After 18 months the sound card broke. I was out of warranty and replaced the sound card myself, but it still wouldn't work. Total garbage after 18 months. Never again will I buy an LG product. I am done with them!

I have owned 3 LG phones over the years and they all have the SAME problem. LG puts the digitizer on the top layer and if this layer breaks which it always does when the screen breaks you will not be able to use the phone. You have probably seen many phones with broken screens that still work fine. This is not the case with any of the LG phones I have had. One of them I dropped within 10 minutes of receiving and it had to be completely replaced. In my opinion you should never buy an LG phone until they stop putting the digitizer on the top layer.

I started out with the G3, paid $600.00 for it. I loved it. I dropped it and smashed the phone. I have insurance so I received a G4. Went through 5 of them because they would get so hot. I burnt my hand and ear. I just used it to text. I accidentally left it plugged in all night and it burned the holder that it was in. Then I realized that I could have burned my house down. Since I went through so many of them my warranty was still good. I was sent the V20. My sister was calling me because my mother was dying and I should get to the hospital. I never received the phone call.

A week later I called LG and talked to a supervisor named John, I did not want to take it out on a different person. He did nothing for me. I yelled that he could never get this time back to me. I stated that I want a phone that works. NOPE!! I asked why do they keep sending garbage to my carrier? I literally am sick if pairing my phone to my car, downloading my info and my husband wants to get a lawyer. I AM SO DISSATISFIED with LG. I am considering getting a lawyer, but that still won't bring my mother back so I can say goodbye and I love her.

I bought my LG G4 from eBay (Brand New sealed T-Mobile Unlocked ) on April 20 2017 and received it on May 05 2017 and used it for a week until it died. Screen is black and when I called LG customer service they told me, "You are out of warranty. However you can send in the cell phone for repair but there's gonna be charges and fees for diagnoses and repairs!" Obviously I refused to pay more and now looking for a replacement phone. Not an LG phone again! Be aware and don't buy LG phones. They all have problems and LG doesn't want to take care of problem! Worst customer service and customer support ever. They even don't have stores anywhere on US. Only one repair center in Texas which they only repair your part. They don't replace them!

I bought my second LG phone (HG811) as the first one was inoperable after a year. My phone broke in a restart boot. I sent my phone to Texas and had to pay the freight. Three weeks later I get it back and it last one day. I send back again forcing LG to pay the freight. It has been two weeks now and again no phone. Their chat line is canned responses. You cannot call their 800 number as it refers you to their website. Their website refers you to their phone. My husband had a double bypass during this horrible time and LG was not there for my predicament. This is a HORRIBLE company. DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

This is worst crap that is on the market. LG is a piece of **. Do not buy any products of any kind. They break in less than 90 days and no customer service. They do not care about their clients and are worthless. My phone (LG X Power) that purchased on March 22 is fried and will not turn on. It is used for my business. I need my phone.

So I purchased an LG G4 in December of 2015 and I have loved the camera and phone up until my phone stopped working on March 17th 2017. After doing some research I figured out it was the boot loop issue. I went on this website before I sent away my phone and saw all the crappy ways people were treated and I didn't believe it at first. When we went to Costco which is where I got the phone from... they said that it would be quicker to contact LG and get it shipped in... we called LG and they seemed really nice and offered to fix it for free since it was a known issue.

So we get it sent away and then 2 weeks later we get an email that it costed $30 for them to inspect the phone's issue and they blamed the issue on CORROSION! That is DEFINITELY NOT why it broke because I looked after my phone and I was using my phone when the boot loop happened so I know it wasn't from physical damage. They wanted $450 to fix the corrosion!! I'm absolutely enraged at this! It's a scam! I plan on contacting them in the morning but from what I've read on here... that won't do much good! LIFE'S SO GOOD!!! >:( No one go with LG they are pure crap!

LG v10 gets stuck on loading screen, is known as bootloop, a common issues with LG phone. There is nothing you can do to fix the phone yourself and cosmetic damage is not the causes of it. After contacting LG I was inform that although the problem was caused by LG it will take 2 weeks to send me a new phone and that if there was any damage on the screen (such as scratches) the warranty will be void. LG knows they have a problem and want to get around it by screwing their customers. Shame. Will not recommend this brand any longer. Had LG2, LG3, LG4 and LGv10. Google: Class-action lawsuit targets LG over legendary G4, V10 bootloop issues.

I have had my LG phone (LG G4) for under 1 year. Never been hard on it, never had it near water etc. The charging stopped working and I sent it in for repairs under warranty. They returned the phone, unfixed and now cracked (was not cracked before it was sent in). I called them and sent the bill of sale etc. and they tell me that it will not be fixed or replaced under warranty because the warranty is void. Upon reading their warranty further they can deny you warranty because of any wear or scratches, even if it is a tiny cosmetic only scratch. Will never buy an LG phone again. They are cheap and their customer service is awful.

In December I purchased a LG G5 cell phone through AT&T. On the 9th of this month I began having trouble. Took it to an AT&T retail outlet and was informed the hardware was defective. After big hassle with AT&T, I was able to get another one. My problem: I'm paying the cost of a new phone for a refurbished phone. The warranty phone has also been repaired and is not working properly. Tomorrow I will no longer be under contract with AT&T, so I will no longer have this problem. WHAT ARE THE ODDS THAT ONE PERSON WOULD ENCOUNTER TWO DEFECTIVE CELL PHONES BACK TO BACK? Obviously, there's a problem with the manufacturer.

I bought the LG V10 cell phone Dec 2015 in June of 2016. The LG V10 shut off out of nowhere and would not completely turn back on. So I was advised by my cell phone carrier since the phone was not even 6 months old to call LG because it was clearly a manufacturer defect and they're responsible to fix it. I called LG and they sent me a shipping label, asked for me to send a copy of my receipt proof of purchase of the phone and I sent my phone to them. They 'fixed' it and sent it back to me. Now when they sent me back the phone in June 2016 the phone had the sticker on the back of it missing. At the time I didn't think anything of it. I just assumed this sticker had to come off for the repairs that needed to be done just like they told me I had to take off the tempered glass on the front even though there were not working on the front of the phone. They were working with the back of the phone.

I just thought maybe they had discarded the sticker while in the process of working on my phone. I didn't think this was an issue at the time just as long as my phone worked which it did. Fast forward to May 2017 the LG V10 shut off again and won't completely turn on again. So again I call LG but now I'm angry of course since I sent my phone back already to them not even a year ago. Why has this happened again? Are the parts in the phone no good? Did they even fix it right the first time? LG can't answer these questions. Customer service just says "send back the phone and we'll take care of it" as long as it's not because of water damage or from a fall or physical damage that I did to the phone. If it is internal something like a part manufacturer defect they fix it free of charge always. This is what the rep told me on the phone. I said "ok so I got another shipping label".

The rep says "I have all your information already from last time and from what it seems like what you're describing it's the same issue". I said "yes". So I send back my phone, annoyed yes, since I won't have a phone for 2 weeks since LG has no time management whatsoever. But I was happy to know as long as it was gonna get fixed that the company stood by their products and if they had a faulty part they fixed it. Then a week and a half later I received an email saying they were not gonna fix my phone, that I had to pay for it 380 dollars to fix it because the phone was not in warranty. I called and asked what they were talking about, why it was not covered, why I was told it would be and not it's not. Then I was told because the sticker on the back of the phone had been taken off and that voids the warranty.

At that point I was shocked. First off they were the ones who sent me back the phone in June when I sent my phone the first time without the sticker on and second I was told to begin with that no matter what as long as this was an internal damage a manufacturer part/defect which it is, and not water or physical damage like a break or cracked screen or damage from a fall that this would be covered. I told the customer service rep that I had received the phone without the sticker, that it was taken off back in June 2016 from LG and I was told that I should of called and had it documented. Now I had no idea this sticker was a big deal. They make me take off my tempered glass so why would I think anything about the sticker on the back. The rep then says "our techs would never take that sticker off so it had to have been you".

Now at that point I was pissed. I asked this women if she had proof that they sent this phone back to me with the sticker on and she told me no. I tried to stay calm. I talked to a supervisor and again same thing "our techs would never take the stickers off". I said to her "Listen. Mistakes happen. It makes no sense how I'm taking the tempered glass off the front but you leave the sticker on the back. It's an honest mistake. Mistakes can happen. Can you really sit there and say for certain the techs never take the sticker off?" And she said to me "I can't say that it doesn't happen." So now her story changed but then real quick which I couldn't believe that she said this. She said "but you can't prove our tech took the sticker off just like we can't prove you took the sticker off. Can I help you with anything else today ma'am."

I asked to speak to someone else. 7 different people I spoke to that day and no one would help me. I just wanted my phone fixed and these people could care less. I went as far as to email LG cooperate and ask if they could do an investigation since I felt taken advantage of and treated very unfairly and the customer service I received was horrible and that in June 2016 I was sent back the phone with no sticker and I wanted them to investigate that. I received an email pretty much telling me that their records show my phone was fixed, that there was no record of the tech making note that the sticker had been taken off and that without that sticker they won't fix the phone. Regardless if the issue is the fault of a faulty LG part or not no need for an investigation. Said sorry that my phone was broken and told me to have a nice day.

I have never in my life experienced such horrible customer service. Never. It's not even customer service. With customer service they're suppose to help you find a resolution. These people do nothing. I could completely understand if I damaged the phone, if the phone was broken for something I did and they won't fix it. I wouldn't expect them to. But this is a manufacturer defect, a part inside the phone that broke not just once but now twice. Clearly something is wrong with the part and it is a manufacturer defect and they should be liable for it. All I want is for them to do what they promised in the first place and fix the phone. Instead all they want to do is fight with me about a sticker that they took off but won't take responsibility for it and tell me I have no proof that they took it off.

Sticker or not if it is an internal issue they should be responsible to fix it. It is their part that is faulty or they didn't fix it right the first time. This is the worst experience with a company I have every had in my entire life. I will never buy an LG product again. They may have nice, shiny products but they are made cheap and poorly. They advertise well but have no customer service. I will tell everyone I know never to buy their poorly made products. I paid hundreds of dollars for a phone and expected a good quality phone and got a phone that keeps breaking and now won't turn on and LG won't fix. Very disappointing. I have had a lot of cell phones before and never experienced a problem with a company like this. Avoid LG like the plague.

Bought a LG v20 smartphone in December. It died in March. I sent it in as instructed and they said it was unrepairable due to water damage in the charge port. I called them several times and explained I have never dropped the phone in water and I take very good care of it and I rarely use the charge port as I always carry a spare LG battery. They would have none of it. I seriously have bought my last LG product.

I purchased an LG v10 phone, I am a computer IT director and put the case directly into a waterproof secure case. No need as I go from my home to my office and don't take my phone out much anywhere. One day in the middle of a business week while sitting in a meeting the phone rebooted and got locked on the LG screen. I found this happened to thousands of people online and attempted to factory reset to find it was stuck exactly as people described. When I called LG they said "send it in. It is a common problem."

When I did they shipped it back and said it was water damaged, but will not tell me how they could determine this as I personally know this is impossible. I want them to show me and prove it. They refuse to even talk to me now that I have complained on their support site and they are not replying to my messages except with automated emails. LG will not sell another phone to me and I am happy that I buy hundreds of them a year and they will not get any of those sales.

I bought my LG G4 in Jan of 2016. I took it in to my Verizon dealer when it stopped charging. They informed me that my one year warranty had expired the day before but I had taken out the extended so I was still covered. After sending me home to jump through hoops, which are hard on a 66 year old, they finally agreed my phone was not going to work and sent me a refurbished one. This one always had charging issues, since the charging port was loose. It gave out on me in March, when I was about 1,000 miles from home, literally, by myself, and counting on it for directions. They replaced that one, after I got home, after I spent money on a TracFone and minutes.

Now it is May. I'm having lots of trouble charging, have bought countless chargers in the 17 months I've been dealing the these phones and have better luck with the cheap ones, even though they constantly break in, telling me I can charge quicker with the original charger, when in reality, I can't charge at all with it. It does, however, still work with other phones. I so look forward to my 2 year contract being up, if I can stand this stinkin' piece of junk that long.

I had an LG G3 and kept it in immaculate condition in a protected case with the glass screen protector, etc. It was never dropped and never exposed to liquid, only charged with the LG charger. In fact it was often turned off and in airplane mode most of the time. After 2 years I got the dreaded "No SIM Card" error. The phone was erased, factory reset, a new battery was used, etc. The error still persisted. Turns out the manufacturing of the motherboard is done poorly and components eventually disconnect on their own. The still immaculate phone is now unusable as a mobile device. LG had similar complaints with the G4 and V10 models and a class action lawsuit in California. Who knows if the G5 and the G6 will start having the same problems in time. Motorola and HTC smartphones are known to have much better manufacturing processes and build qualities.

Bought this phone (V20) in November of 2016, through Sprint, wow what a disappointment, replaced it once still junk. Only way I can talk on phone is to be outside, sounds is garbled and distorted, I live in area that is supposed to have good reception by Sprint's map. Just came back from Denver. Had to move next to a window to talk. My wife has a iPhone and has no trouble with reception inside. Paid over 700.00 for phone. 2 months later I was offered 90.00 for trade in. Guess that is going price for junk. Do yourself a favor. DON'T BUY LG.

Bought these HBS 850 bluetooth earbuds in August 2016. Repaired in Jan 2017 for the speaker not working. Now at the joint where the little set plug they use has fallen out and now the earbuds are no longer usable. They refuse to repair or replace, saying it's physical damage. I tried explaining it's not a user breakage. It's a manufacture defect. It's not like I sat and plucked out the little black plug. This is in a joint.

My wife and I recently changed Mobile phone providers and ended up getting the new LG X Phones. After just 15 days my phone started to "Lock Up". I was first told by the BOOST Mobile phone sales person where we got the phones from to just let the battery wear down and the phone would shut its self off then recharge it and all would be good. We did that and everything was fine for 2 weeks when it did it again. This time I found out that to "Re-boot" the phone to hold the "Volume Down" key and the "On/Off" key at the same time and it would re-boot. It did and all was fine once more. This had to be done 3 more times in the next 2 weeks. Then one day my phone once again locked up but this time when I rebooted I got a GREEN SCREEN! Then I got a Battery Icon with a RED? in the icon. My Phone is no longer working. My phone ONLY 45 days old no longer works.

LG said to mail it into them and they would fix it and it would ONLY take 2-4 weeks. I am a businessman and need my phone ALL THE TIME and this amount of time not only loses me revenue but loses me valued clients. I asked them to send me a REPLACEMENT phone and when I get it I would mail them back the now PAPER WEIGHT I have. LG REFUSES to comply. WARNING!!! Just because there is a WARRANTY it DOES NOT mean SERVICE. It in no way means that they understand that the loss of your phone will cause severe loss of income. It does not mean that they give a Damn about your business or your value as a customer. I told them I had to have a phone BEFORE 2-4 weeks or it would ruin my business and they simply said "SORRY". I told them I would NEVER buy another LG product.

A similar problem happened a few years ago with my Wife's phone a Samsung, and they immediately sent a replacement phone, no waiting, and I told LG so and still they refused to comply. WARNING!!! DO NOT BUY LG PRODUCTS! Not if you DEPEND on them. LG has NO commitment to satisfy their customer's needs.

My husband has a LG V10. Soon after it stops taking charge and doesn't wanna turn on. When I called T-Mobile they refuse to exchange it. I regret being a T-Mobile customer mostly buying that piece of crap from them.

Most ridiculous obscene disgusting thing I've ever seen. Wait a minute. Most things regarding LG are pretty disgusting. When they using the same battery that came with the phone never having enjoyed the phone's dead and turn back on the invalid battery BS period. So I like a good Trooper went to Amazon and buy another battery. No it did not work. I must say that I did work for about five minutes. They do not honor the warranty this needs to be seen in sued and sued properly.

I bought the LG4 late 2015. The AT&T sales rep gave it highest praise (don't get me started on AT&T). After 13 months with zero exposure to water and I never dropped it, the screen goes blank. I bring it to AT&T and they tell me it's out of warranty nothing they can do. How about you stand behind the product you're peddling like Crack cocaine?

I call LG about a repair and they say to go to their website to request a repair. I enter my model and either #, taken directly from the back of the phone and the website states it's an invalid number and to call customer service. And round and round we go... I Googled LG4 and found out it's a common problem and they aren't doing anything about it. So I signed up as part of the class action suit, so in about forty years I will get my $5. For now I changed my provider to Verizon, pulled out my old Samsung Galaxy and good luck to AT&T and LG on collecting the final $250 owed on your piece of ** phone and awful customer service.

Purchased a Nexus 5x outright from Google in November 2015. September 2016, encountered boot loop error which completely shut phone down. Contacted Google, as it was still under the 1 year warranty. Was sent a replacement in October 2016. In March of 2017, boot loop error returned, phone is a brick. Contacted LG, was told to send it in with receipts. They keep giving me the runaround. They've had it for 3 weeks so far. There is a class action lawsuit pending, for LG's G4, G5, V10, V20, and Nexus 5x.

The LG straight talk phones are crap!! This is the third defective phone that has been sold to me. It will not load anything and claims I have no data even though my data is turned on. We bought the LG rebel two months ago that was defective so we bought these new phones. Luckily we got a warranty this time. It goes back to Walmart tomorrow. When I have memory capacity and storage and plenty of space I can't download any apps or anything on it. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. I sadly believed the third time was a charm. Not when it comes to straight talk. The only worse phone than theirs is AT&T.

Me and my wife both had an LG G4 and experienced the bootloop issues that became common with the phone. Hers was still under warranty and they fixed it with no hassle at all. Mine was past the 1 yr warranty and I figured I would be S.O.L. I sent them an email telling them my issue and stated all I wanted was the phone fixed. That I wasn't looking for anything else out of it. They emailed me back a shipping label and in about a week and a half I received my phone back in perfect working order and haven't had a problem since. Excellent customer support. Was so happy with the service and the continual updates that the G4 had that I just bought the G6 now as well.

Last year January, I was very excited to bring home my LG V10, the camera was amazing, the screen size was huge. Initially I was reluctant to buy an LG phone because my previous phone the LG Lucid 2 glitched out. The software became corrupted. I would turn on the phone Verizon Wireless startup screen with loop around on and off several times and I could not start up my phone. Although I wasn't considering to buy another LG Verizon salesman showed me the V10 which seemed like an enormous upgrade to what I have had and it seemed better than even the Samsung in terms of specs and camera and storage capabilities. I did not expect the phone to my brand new LG V10 to crap out on me the same way my old Lucid 2 did.

Unfortunately my one-year warranty for my V10 had expired 2 months ago and I still need it almost an extra year for a brand new contract through Verizon period. Luckily there was another phone on my account that was due for an upgrade. Mind you I had to pay $70 in taxes and other see you but I was not expecting to pay this year. The Samsung Galaxy 8 comes out later this month. I could have gotten them however I would have close to two weeks ago the phone which I need for work so I had to settle for the 7. What herbs me the most is the LG V10 was a $700 phone and it didn't even last a year. The warranty should be as long as the contract period.

I have a stark suspicion that all the mandatory software update had a malicious intent to bug my phone. Trauma same goes with my old Lucid 2 in which I noticed my phone becoming more sluggish and buggy after the updates. Also from the time that I got an issue we got my LG V10 I went through over 15 charging cables. The original charging USB cables did not even fit my phone properly. The Baywood eventually break and stop working and any other cable that I use would break period. The only cable that seems to have worked without eventually breaking on me were these $5 cables from Dollar General. I see I am not the only consumer with the same complaint.

I refuse to buy anything LG ever again, even my past LG flip phone with just as much of a disappointment. Really great features but the quality and durability of product are not even worth half the price especially considering how much the value of phones depreciate in value. Let's see how long my Samsung Galaxy last now period. I do feel disappointed but I had to downgrade in screen size, internal storage and other great features that my LG 10 had. However I refuse to get the LG V20 considering that this may happen to me again period. Totally not worth it.

I am not understanding why Verizon get away with selling these crappy phones that burn up in less than a year. The warranty is good for one year and guess what the phone burns up again right after the warranty expires. The sad thing about all of this too is I help someone that did not have a phone. Got them one, they were to pay me for the phone, did not so I took the phone back. I tried to get rid of that line to only find out that there is over 400.00 dollars owing on that phone.

These cheap ass phones are not worth 50 cents let alone 400.00 dollars. It is intent to commit fraud, it is selling cheap bad products at a high price. It is not standing behind what they sell... yes you can suspend the line for a short time but still have to pay for the crappy phone. This is highway robbery and needs to be stopped, if I or anyone else sold crap like this to anyone we would be in jail... Verizon needs to get sued for their inferior product. Maybe we should do a class action suit?

LG Cell Phones are the worst pieces of junk on the market. I bought a new LG 10 phone in late 2015 after my Sony Xperia crapped out. The day before I planned on leaving the for vacation, it stopped working. I contacted my cell provider (T-Mobile), & they sent another LG V10 "Like New " Phone. October 2016 that LG V10 stopped working... Again just days before I planned on leaving for vacation. T-Mobile replaced that crappy with another "Like New" LG V10. Today the 3rd LG V10 stopped working. After two hours of the T-Mobile store rep advocating my case, T-Mobile wants to send me another "Like New" LG V10. I DON'T THINK SO!!! Why are there so many "Like New" LG V10s available? As far as I'm concerned, LG and T-Mobile are tied for this year's Piece of ** Award... And I'll tell them where they can stick the trophy!

My LG V10 phone has been replaced now 7 or 8 times in the last year through Verizon wireless. Every phone had the same issue. The charging plug would not stay in the phone, it would when I first got the phones on some then after a week would just fall out or quit charging. One phone that was returned to me had a WiFi connection issue, was told it was the internal antenna. Verizon tells me there are 38 phones in Stock. I will have to go through all 38 till they replace my phone with a different brand. Today my phone has been replaced because it would no longer turn on. Totally dead. Stay away from anything LG!!! OR AT LEAST THE V10 CELL PHONE!

Life's Good has done a No Good job in handling an LG manufacturing problem that's affected thousands of people. Here is what happened to me. Sounds like the same story as a bunch of others: After reading all the reviews it looks like I am just another victim of the same BS. 1st bootloop started in January right after the warranty expired so I factory reset and lost all the contacts. I understand things happen so it really wasn't a big deal. On 3/10 the phone shut down and would go through the same process. After researching how to troubleshoot I noticed thousands of reviews discussing the bootloop problems with the G4 and the V10.

I contacted them through live chat and discussed the problem. I mentioned that it appears that I've been hit with the common bootloop problem and I think LG should repair a manufacturing issue. I also mentioned that I have a small crack on the screen that doesn't bother me and I don't want it replaced. I asked her if that was going to be an issue and her response was it shouldn't be. 11 days later I get a response from LG that due to physical damage I would have to pay $150 to have it fixed. Needless to say I flipped out and called them but Customer Service gives a scripted response. Asked to speak to a Supervisor and was told to call back tomorrow. I told him to ship my phone back because I'm not investing 1 penny into an awfully manufactured device. Full disclosure. I did love the phone before all of this.

I started having problems with my LG4 about 6 months ago and was told by My Sprint dealer that it was caused from a bad charger. Continued to have problems and it finally totally quit last weekend. When I took it back to Sprint they would upgrade me but I still have to pay off $200 for the LG plus my upgrade. Being 71 with a disabled husband I have to have a phone. What are my options? After reading all the reviews I'm glad I didn't try to get it repaired. And it seems all the carriers know about all the problems, don't notify their customers they might be stranded without their phones, and still stick them with the bill.

LG Cell Phones Company Profile