1.19/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

462 LG Cell Phones Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I live in Nigeria and delighted in LG products. My LG G3 began to shut down and restart by itself few months beyond warranty period and finally did not come up again. Also my LG V10 had similar problem, it just went off by itself and never turned on two months after warranty. Lastly I purchased LG X-POWER which lasted a year and six month before shutting itself off and on. I took it to LG service centre but I was told that the phone was no longer under warranty. Now I have decided never to use LG phone again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

3 in one year. All crap. First off this is the only phone that takes a correctly spelled word and changes it to a word that does not exist. Doesn't remember crap, slow, shuts off with battery at 90%. Slow, screen shatters easily... Stylus is the only thing ok. The settings for keyboard are next to space bar... WTF!!!! Talk to text is a pain to get to. Takes 4 steps to make a call but will call and video chat when I put it in my pocket. I wish I could torture this phone and its family. Wal-Mart $29 phone was better.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I had my phone for 2 years. About one month after a forced upgrade the phone froze, I shut it down it came back up and stayed frozen. It gave a demigod kernel crash warning. After long searches online I found the solution but I can only resolve on my own if I live in another country. Here LG forces an upgrade that breaks the phone and you must pay to send it to Texas and pay to have it fixed. It is a common problem with LG phones and for LG 4 they will fix for free but not the same problem on any other phone.

My last phone worked for 6 years, still works but of course was out of date. I would never buy an LG since nobody can assist you to fix the issue unless you send and spend. It is an easy fix that I could do right from home but they won't allow us to have the software. Other countries bargained for them to allow the software be available to self fix. LG told me it was a motherboard issue but 9,000 people online have fixed with software updates. But not here in the US.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I purchased a LG Tribute phone, through Boost, that after 6 months quit charging. I had phone insurance through Boost but when I inquired with Brightstar, the company referred me to call LG, to use the manufacturer warranty, because the device is under a year old. LG says they can repair the phone but will not provide a loaner phone. Which means the customer has to pay for a month of phone service and only have the device half the month. Seems like LG is in on screwing people over.

After speaking with customer service today the guys were actually very nice and understood the issue. I feel bad for the workers, that LG would choose to work with Boost to screw over customers to their advantage and make them answer the phone to tell the unsuspecting victims that they are getting screwed by 3 companies!! Simply because they refuse to work together to figure a way to help people in my situation! I don't know anybody that is willing to send their only, daily use phone, in for repairs for two weeks and not get a loaner. ESPECIALLY since I pay for the phone insurance every month!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

The LG V10 which I purchased has a problem where the screen flickers, goes dark and at the same time, the touchscreen doesn't work. I went to the LG website and was in a chat with an LG representative. He was quite rude and exited the chat on me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I bought first LG G4 and it lasted two years and one month and after that stopped working and screen won't turn on. Tried different repair shops but no one could fix it, so I threw it in garbage and bought another LG G4 from a private dealer... but the phone got same issue like the first phone in less than 15 months, and again no shop could fix it... I have Sony phone and Samsung for at least 8 years, but they are still working.... my advice, never buy any LG PHONES.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Yesterday, I brought my old cellphone into a place I thought was a Verizon store but it was Cellular Sales. I thought well you know Bill make good since I have a Verizon contact on my broken screen protector that allegedly had a lifetime replacement. No, I had to have the old screensaver which was in pieces and it's a way to have them replace it. How convenient. So they told me they could you know get me into a new phone which I didn't want but I in a moment of weakness let them do and they gave me a really good deal.

Now I know why LG and Motorola give good deals and Samsung doesn't. This phone is a piece of trash. When I try to type on the keyboard it keeps going to nothing. It just stops and I find myself on a blank piece of page. Then I have to try and get the keyboard back and it's a mess. Also, I can't walk around my house without it cutting out. I have to sit in one position and it's not a comfortable position, either. I hate this phone, I would recommend No One by this phone and no one by LG. They used to be a good phone but that was years ago. They have become absolute trash!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I bought an LG phone. My daughter put the phone on the ground at an angle and it cracked. However, the phone still worked. About 2 months later LG required that I download an update. The update shut down my phone and would not let it work. When I called the company they were unable to help me over the phone. They asked me to send in the phone and they would fix it. I received an email saying that they were going to charge me $160 to fix the phone. I told them that I just wanted to have the software fixed that they required me to download. They said that they would not be able to do that without fixing the screen and charging me because the warranty had been voided when my daughter cracked the screen. I pointed out that the software was required by them to download and that nobody else could fix the software. They responded that they do not do partial fixes.

I am upset because they are the ones that caused the issue. They put the software issue on Google and said that it was their issue. My question is how can all of these companies fix a car or computer over the internet but LG requires you to send in your phone. Why can they not fix their own operating system? It seems very shady of this company not to stand behind their own products. If I required you to do something shouldn't I stand behind or be required to fix the problem if one was created. LG does not stand by their own products and blames Google for their software issues. How can you trust a company like that? I can't. I would highly recommend not buying an LG phone. That is something that I feel I can stand behind.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Horrible customer service - purchased V20 in April 2017. By Feb 2018 the phone was not charging properly. Phone got replaced under warranty at that time. Now, Aug 2018 battery is not holding a charge again. Verizon states I need to go through LG to get battery replaced. Spoke with LG today, after rounds of going back and forth (they claimed that my year warranty only applied to original purchase - April 2017 therefore my warranty replacement which is 6 months old does not qualify for warranty battery replacement) supervisor then agrees to replace the battery under warranty.

But wait I have to send my entire phone into LG to get battery replaced and that will take 2 weeks!! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to replace a cell phone battery. I even offered to pay for the battery to get a new one until my old battery was deemed under "warranty". $ 700 + phone 16 months old - replaced once already. Now another issue in that same time frame. I will never buy any LG product ever again!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I got the LG G6 (H871) phone through AT&T. It had a one year warranty. The phone lives in my left front pocket. On the 13th month I started getting a "Moisture detected at USB" message. This kept alarming and would not let me charge the phone. The phone has not been in water, maybe some sweat for when I was working around the yard. I found nothing on LG website and AT&T says LG does not work on the phones if they are water damaged. (It isn't water damaged, the phone just says it is.) AT&T tried a total reboot and load. Same problem. AT&T says I will have to buy a new phone. My opinion is that there should be a switch to shut the feature off if it is going to be that unreliable. This was my first LG phone, probably will be my last. I had great cellphones in the past, Nokia, Motorola, even the darn Windows phone lasted longer w/only minor problems. Not being able to charge my phone is a major problem.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I purchased an LG Fiesta smartphone from Walmart back in mid-March of 2018. It was very reasonably priced and it said T-Mobile on the box. The warranty is for 1 year and written by LG. Unbeknownst to me they assign their warranty to other companies like TracFone who are offshore businesses. I had a problem with the USB cable not the phone. When I submitted a report for warranty both LG and TracFone said the other was responsible for the USB cable.

TracFone doesn't even carry the USB cable or know what the part number is. TracFone is a Philippines owned company and that's where their help desk is located so you don't get anybody who can speak English properly or understand as far as what the problem is. I told him that a problem with Walmart Family Mobile up until now when they transferred me from being billed by T-Mobile to being billed by TracFone even though T-Mobile is the cell phone Communications carrier. If you want a real run around as far as getting Satisfaction by a LG phone you will be very disappointed. Again this has nothing to do with the product. It has to do with the warranty and the lack of physical and corporate responsibility to the consumer. Remember LG is a Korean-based company not in the United States.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I have a Nexus 5X (made by LG). I have a bootloader issue. I bought the phone on eBay. They refuse to fix the phone because it was bought on eBay. LG is responsible for this problem, and they do not want to solve it. I will NEVER EVER IN MY LIFE buy an LG product... And I will tell every friend and family to not buy anything from LG. I am not surprised the average is one star. It would be 0 if it was allowed. Don't ever buy an LG device. They are not the best at anything. A big mediocre company.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I paid $249 for this LG phone in November 2018. By June 2018 I had shipped it back for repair twice for the same problem - the on/off button wouldn't respond. It came back three days ago, supposedly fixed. It lasted three days for the problem to reappear. I am getting the run around from LG. This company doesn't appear to stand behind its products.

Original review: July 9, 2018

This is my 3rd Aristo cell phone but I will never have another. They are easily cracked... Just by being in your pocket and sitting down!! Plus always says virus and can't view much of internet even straight out of box!!!

Original review: July 2, 2018

While my LG phone was charging sitting on my chair like any other day, Jordan was climbing to get balloons she was playing with and started screaming and crying in pain. While myself and my friend was trying to figure out why he had grabbed the phone to move it amidst a crying 3 yr old so it didn't fall and he was also burned but not anywhere close to the severity of Jordan's burns. Charger port melted. I never would have thought it could happen to me or my family. You hear of these cases happening rarely but watch out for these electronic especially LG. I loved my LG but after this experience I will never buy another LG product again. My poor baby was severely burned and traumatized to even want to hold one of her favorite things to play with and steal from mommy.

I have emailed LG directly and my carrier is Boost. LG sent an automated response back wanting more info so we will see what happens. EDIT TO ADD. It was the original LG charger that came with the phone when purchased. I also have 2 other lines belonging to my grandmother and my oldest daughter (10 yrs) on my account of the exact same phone and recently they had been experiencing higher temperatures while charging but didn't think anything of it at the time.

Original review: June 26, 2018

This LG X phone is terrible. It shuts off all the time. Gets hot... It's not worth the money... This is terrible. 129.00 at Walmart is a total waste. At Walmart you only have 14 days return policy then they act like it didn't come from there. It's a waste for your hard earned money... Terrible.

Original review: June 16, 2018

When I disconnect my car's Bluetooth, for some reason the phone makes calls or games on its own even with being shut off and in my pocket. I had to buy another phone.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Have had three LG "Smart" Phones starting with the V10 which I chose after switching to T-Mobile and finding that the store I was in at the time didn't have any Google Nexus phones in stock (V10 was closest to a Nexus they had). I liked the V10 and was going to keep it until the dreaded boot loop glitch killed it. Wanted the V20 at that point, but wasn't going to pay 800 plus bucks for a V20 (no phone is worth that kind of loot in my book period), so opted for the G5. From the get go, noticed that the phone got VERY hot and battery life was basically not sustainable. With the G5, I experienced pretty much all of the complaints documented in this review blog about LG phones, overheating, poor performance, screen freezing, etc., and basically it got SO bad that I went to T-Mobile to find a way out of it as it was basically unreliable. I mean, wants to pay for a "premium phone" with a premium service and not get what they paid for?

T-Mobile was gracious enough to work with me (Verizon wouldn't work with me on such matters, hence my switch to T-Mobile) and by this time, the price of the V20 was much more reasonable, so I got it. Was very pleased with the phone at first and honestly, had no issue until after a couple of OTA updates were installed and BAAAM! The V20 began acting like its little sibling, the G5! WTF says I!!

Me being a techie guy who has rooted Android phones before, but was trying REAL hard NOT to root the V20, decided it was time to root the phone so I could at least install Greenify to kill any runaway processes automatically when a factory reset or two didn't do the trick. Well, it turns out the current firmware version of my V20, 10t, is not conducive to current rooting exploits and a flash to an older KDZ is needed therefore. As I was concerned about "bricking" my phone, thus having no phone at all, I opted not to do that (but I did unlock the boot loader in the process).

So with rooting the phone with its stock OS was not an option, decided to try LineageOS (the successor to CyanogenMod) which WOULD give me root access in the process and upgrade the phone to Android Oreo. Nope! Not happening as LG has disabled the flash command on the V20 and to get it back would require downgrading the KDZ which I was trying to avoid for fear of bricking the phone. At this point I decided my best course of action was to live with the POS until early next year and then upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy S whatever and have done with it.

But wait, there's more! Did some further research on LG "Smart" Phone overheating issues and on the XDA Developers BLOG happened upon a post by a very competent fellow who simply stated, "Remove the FaceBook app and FB Messenger and simply use Chrome to access FaceBook and you'll be fine". Knowing that the FB app at best is "buggy" and that it has been responsible for many an issue on mobile devices, I took the gents advice and VOILA!! The V20 has been WELL behaved since doing so and the battery life has become quite acceptable for such a large device.

Am still going to switch to Samsung next year as I've read repeatedly that LG does not stand behind their Smart Phones and will even charge a customer 20 bucks to have the "paperweight" shipped back to said customer, which I find NOT COOL. Also, I have quite a few family members, friends and associates that have Samsungs and they love them, so there ya go! Bottom line, late model LG Smart Phones are ALLERGIC to FaceBook!

Original review: May 20, 2018

I had 3 LG Stylo 2 phones in the span of 2 years. They are cheap (good for my budget) but they suck. They over heat fast, battery drains fast and charges slow (I always thought it was because I bought bad wires) and the keyboard freezes up all the time. Not to mention out of all Android phones I ever had for some reason LG is highly susceptible to viruses and malware. I decided to look at the iPhones since my cousin uses them exclusively and found for my needs it is better than any Android out there. But do research for yourself.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Same issue as another review. My LG G5 went into a bootloop. I contacted LG and they said they could fix it. If I changed my mind then the diagnostic fee is 19.95 plus tax. I sent my phone in and then they claimed that there was physical damage and that the phone doesn't qualify for warranty service, both of which I doubt. They never offered to repair the phone for any price, nor did they diagnosis what needs to be repaired, or if it can be repaired.

My two options are to give them the phone, or pay $20.00 to have them mail a useless phone back to me; without me learning anything more than when I sent it in. As far as I can tell they aren't going to fix it, or they can't fix it. (Great Repair Service.) It seems to me to be almost like a scam. They don't provide any real service, they don't provide any specific information as to what the problem with the phone is, and then they take your property when you don't want to pay them for doing nothing. This is the last LG product I will ever buy.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My LG V10 went into a boot loop and wouldn't work. LG said it was still under warranty and that they would fix it for free. I sent it in for repair and they claim it has water damage and can't be fixed. Now they want $20 to send my broken phone back to me. I know for a fact that my phone has no water damage. It's not even up for debate. LG is completely unwilling to make things right and now are holding my phone hostage unless I fork over money. I will never support LG ever again!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I had my bad experiences with LG phones over the years and I must state their Aristo line doesn't get any better. The Aristo 2 still suffers from a lousy slippery screen interface which most of the time will act on its own or refuse to act at all. As I'm typing this I'm having VERY difficulty to do so. It also overheats a lot and glitches like no other. Why keep this line of phones around if problems will replace existing ones.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I had two payments left on my LG10 with Verizon when my phone quit on me. I took it to Verizon and the agent looked at it and said it was defective due to manufacturers error. I had to leave town on business and they gave me a LG6 replacement and I thought at the time there was no charge and then got a bill for the LG6. They knew this phone was defective and should have been replaced free of charge. They said it was out of warranty and I would have had to send it back to see if it could be repaired but I had to have a phone.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I purchased this LGL61AL cell phone thinking LG was a good phone. After about 6 months I started having problems with the phone starting to slow down to almost a stop. Then after about 8 months it has started to lock up. I lost a sale of my condo because of this phone. It was locked up for 2 days and the buyer could not contact me, so they went back home and contacted me later telling me they tried to call me over 15 times without any luck. Just today (3.17.18) it has locked up 4 times and I had to take the battery out each time to make the phone work. BUT... That's not the bad part, I was witness to a car accident and could not call 911 because the phone locked up. Thankfully someone with another brand phone was there and called.

Original review: March 12, 2018

LG V10 - I had 4 of these phones, 4! In less than a year and a half. EVERY one of them had the same issue, software. It's junk. I'm sure the 20 and 30 are too. T-Mobile will keep replacing them, and are happy to charge you each time. I switched to Verizon because of this phone. I'm back to Samsung. No replaceable batteries, but none of them have them anymore, anyway. The Note 8 is world's better than LG garbage.

Original review: March 9, 2018

My wife's LG V20 stopped working. Brought it back to Sprint told me it was a software/motherboard problem and was covered under warranty by LG. Contacted LG was told to send it back. Would be repaired if the phone was not damaged. They contacted me and told me the warranty was void because of water damage. There was no water damage. I called LG and told them that the water damage indicator was white, they said the water came in through a side button. I accused them of lying and they said they would send pictures of the water damage. I asked them how come the Sprint tech and 2 independent techs said nothing about water damage. They told me they did not know where to look. Apparently water damage is the go to answer they give the customer when they have a software issue. Bad business. Bad company. LG satans for lies good.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

LG Stylo - I purchased my phone in JANUARY 2016! NOT ONE SINGLE ISSUE with my phone EVER! I can truthfully say I have dropped my phone ALMOST daily from my car to where it LITERALLY slid underneath it and I've dropped it to where it's fallen apart (that's how hard it hit the floor/ground) and I'm here to say not ONE scratch on it!!! I have been trying to Google what kind of screens they are made with as I bought this new out of the box and never put anything on it... And the phone works like day one updating automatically three times to the current android (Oreo)! I'm scared that when it finally goes I'll NEVER find another phone as reliable and durable! I've owned many, many phones this is definitely the longest one I've ever seen last this long!! Kudos to LG for this as I am more than satisfied! I'm grateful!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I bought the phone in the latter part of May 2017. It kept overheating, flashing screen and freezing up. I finally took it into T-Mobile after I paid the complete 725.00 at purchase and had them look at it Sept. 13, 2017. They were no help at all, just saying they would replace for $5.00. I explained the phone is too hot. I am afraid it will blow up. They just wanted to replace it. I had to go out of town so I just kept it. Another phone was ordered but I was not in town to pick up. Jan.2018, I am in the same spot. The phone is just pure garbage. Frustration is not the word and I have to rely on GPS as I am new to the city. The screen changes when the wind blows. This time I am stuck with getting another phone with the possibility of paying an additional 175.00. I plan on contacting the Better Business Bureau as I feel I have been sold a defective product and only choice is to replace with a refurbished defective product. Don’t buy this garbage. You will be sorry.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Purchased new #LG 58VL cell phone at Wal-Mart under the #Straight Talk wireless service. Phone failed Christmas Eve. No data - text or phone call capacity. Wal-Mart will not help after two weeks from purchase. Straight Talk techs made me go through 5 techs in five hours plus. Three weeks later I did received not a new phone to replace the 60 day old new defective phone. Instead I received a used reconditioned phone.

The reconditioned phone is bowed - curving screen side out. I can set it face down on a flat surface and spin it. Battery is bowed and also spins on flat surface. Straight Talk is sending new battery. Straight Talk requires that you ship your phone in before they send you a replacement which is a used reconditioned phone. That means at least two weeks without phone service and lost data - again. Both LG and Straight Talk are problematic. Are there recalls on LG58VL? On Straight Talk Facebook there are a number of similar complaints.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

The LG G5 isn't intuitive at all. The sound quality is horrible. Battery drains very quickly for being a newer phone. I needed a new phone ASAP, because my HTC One M8 was biting the dust. (The charging port was worn out and battery wasn't holding the charge.) I needed a new phone for work and thought I would receive a new phone for free. Verizon doesn't offer that anymore. I'm stuck with this horrible G5, now and I want to throw it at least 5 times a day.

LG Cell Phones Company Information