2.84/5
Based on 128 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 20, 2018

444 LG Cell Phones Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 20, 2018

I had 3 LG Stylo 2 phones in the span of 2 years. They are cheap (good for my budget) but they suck. They over heat fast, battery drains fast and charges slow (I always thought it was because I bought bad wires) and the keyboard freezes up all the time. Not to mention out of all Android phones I ever had for some reason LG is highly susceptible to viruses and malware. I decided to look at the iPhones since my cousin uses them exclusively and found for my needs it is better than any Android out there. But do research for yourself.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Same issue as another review. My LG G5 went into a bootloop. I contacted LG and they said they could fix it. If I changed my mind then the diagnostic fee is 19.95 plus tax. I sent my phone in and then they claimed that there was physical damage and that the phone doesn't qualify for warranty service, both of which I doubt. They never offered to repair the phone for any price, nor did they diagnosis what needs to be repaired, or if it can be repaired.

My two options are to give them the phone, or pay $20.00 to have them mail a useless phone back to me; without me learning anything more than when I sent it in. As far as I can tell they aren't going to fix it, or they can't fix it. (Great Repair Service.) It seems to me to be almost like a scam. They don't provide any real service, they don't provide any specific information as to what the problem with the phone is, and then they take your property when you don't want to pay them for doing nothing. This is the last LG product I will ever buy.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My LG V10 went into a boot loop and wouldn't work. LG said it was still under warranty and that they would fix it for free. I sent it in for repair and they claim it has water damage and can't be fixed. Now they want $20 to send my broken phone back to me. I know for a fact that my phone has no water damage. It's not even up for debate. LG is completely unwilling to make things right and now are holding my phone hostage unless I fork over money. I will never support LG ever again!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I had my bad experiences with LG phones over the years and I must state their Aristo line doesn't get any better. The Aristo 2 still suffers from a lousy slippery screen interface which most of the time will act on its own or refuse to act at all. As I'm typing this I'm having VERY difficulty to do so. It also overheats a lot and glitches like no other. Why keep this line of phones around if problems will replace existing ones.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I had two payments left on my LG10 with Verizon when my phone quit on me. I took it to Verizon and the agent looked at it and said it was defective due to manufacturers error. I had to leave town on business and they gave me a LG6 replacement and I thought at the time there was no charge and then got a bill for the LG6. They knew this phone was defective and should have been replaced free of charge. They said it was out of warranty and I would have had to send it back to see if it could be repaired but I had to have a phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: March 18, 2018

I purchased this LGL61AL cell phone thinking LG was a good phone. After about 6 months I started having problems with the phone starting to slow down to almost a stop. Then after about 8 months it has started to lock up. I lost a sale of my condo because of this phone. It was locked up for 2 days and the buyer could not contact me, so they went back home and contacted me later telling me they tried to call me over 15 times without any luck. Just today (3.17.18) it has locked up 4 times and I had to take the battery out each time to make the phone work. BUT... That's not the bad part, I was witness to a car accident and could not call 911 because the phone locked up. Thankfully someone with another brand phone was there and called.

Original review: March 12, 2018

LG V10 - I had 4 of these phones, 4! In less than a year and a half. EVERY one of them had the same issue, software. It's junk. I'm sure the 20 and 30 are too. T-Mobile will keep replacing them, and are happy to charge you each time. I switched to Verizon because of this phone. I'm back to Samsung. No replaceable batteries, but none of them have them anymore, anyway. The Note 8 is world's better than LG garbage.

Original review: March 9, 2018

My wife's LG V20 stopped working. Brought it back to Sprint told me it was a software/motherboard problem and was covered under warranty by LG. Contacted LG was told to send it back. Would be repaired if the phone was not damaged. They contacted me and told me the warranty was void because of water damage. There was no water damage. I called LG and told them that the water damage indicator was white, they said the water came in through a side button. I accused them of lying and they said they would send pictures of the water damage. I asked them how come the Sprint tech and 2 independent techs said nothing about water damage. They told me they did not know where to look. Apparently water damage is the go to answer they give the customer when they have a software issue. Bad business. Bad company. LG satans for lies good.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

LG Stylo - I purchased my phone in JANUARY 2016! NOT ONE SINGLE ISSUE with my phone EVER! I can truthfully say I have dropped my phone ALMOST daily from my car to where it LITERALLY slid underneath it and I've dropped it to where it's fallen apart (that's how hard it hit the floor/ground) and I'm here to say not ONE scratch on it!!! I have been trying to Google what kind of screens they are made with as I bought this new out of the box and never put anything on it... And the phone works like day one updating automatically three times to the current android (Oreo)! I'm scared that when it finally goes I'll NEVER find another phone as reliable and durable! I've owned many, many phones this is definitely the longest one I've ever seen last this long!! Kudos to LG for this as I am more than satisfied! I'm grateful!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I bought the phone in the latter part of May 2017. It kept overheating, flashing screen and freezing up. I finally took it into T-Mobile after I paid the complete 725.00 at purchase and had them look at it Sept. 13, 2017. They were no help at all, just saying they would replace for $5.00. I explained the phone is too hot. I am afraid it will blow up. They just wanted to replace it. I had to go out of town so I just kept it. Another phone was ordered but I was not in town to pick up. Jan.2018, I am in the same spot. The phone is just pure garbage. Frustration is not the word and I have to rely on GPS as I am new to the city. The screen changes when the wind blows. This time I am stuck with getting another phone with the possibility of paying an additional 175.00. I plan on contacting the Better Business Bureau as I feel I have been sold a defective product and only choice is to replace with a refurbished defective product. Don’t buy this garbage. You will be sorry.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Purchased new #LG 58VL cell phone at Wal-Mart under the #Straight Talk wireless service. Phone failed Christmas Eve. No data - text or phone call capacity. Wal-Mart will not help after two weeks from purchase. Straight Talk techs made me go through 5 techs in five hours plus. Three weeks later I did received not a new phone to replace the 60 day old new defective phone. Instead I received a used reconditioned phone.

The reconditioned phone is bowed - curving screen side out. I can set it face down on a flat surface and spin it. Battery is bowed and also spins on flat surface. Straight Talk is sending new battery. Straight Talk requires that you ship your phone in before they send you a replacement which is a used reconditioned phone. That means at least two weeks without phone service and lost data - again. Both LG and Straight Talk are problematic. Are there recalls on LG58VL? On Straight Talk Facebook there are a number of similar complaints.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

The LG G5 isn't intuitive at all. The sound quality is horrible. Battery drains very quickly for being a newer phone. I needed a new phone ASAP, because my HTC One M8 was biting the dust. (The charging port was worn out and battery wasn't holding the charge.) I needed a new phone for work and thought I would receive a new phone for free. Verizon doesn't offer that anymore. I'm stuck with this horrible G5, now and I want to throw it at least 5 times a day.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

My wife and me Bought 2 NEW LG V10 from AT&T. Miami, Fl. After 1 year both failed, "Boot loop" - famous problem of LG phones. No recalls, no replacement, long repair... We got so much inconvenience, we're few weeks without connection. Never buy this LG crap again.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

After buying the LG Stylo 3 I purchased a case for this product at Washington Square Mall. A few days later I stopped at a place and got out of my car and the phone fell out of my front pocket and after I picked it up I saw cracks in the lens. Later I took it to the cellphone store where I recently established service and they looked at it and told me that the screen was cracked. I went to a cellphone repair shop and they said that the screen would cost approximately $100 and the labor cost was $50 plus parts. So the replacement cost was nearly as much as the phone originally cost me brand new. I am very disappointed that the screen cracked the very first time. I had another phone that I had dropped several times and it never cracked because of it. I am very disappointed in this phone because of it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I have contacted the LG warranty department (Boost Mobile) in regards to my LG Stylo 3 cellphone overheating in addition to blackouts and severe screen freezes. I had this phone for less than a year. The agent asked if my Data Usage and WiFi is on together in which makes no sense. Those two operations are mostly required for function of your cellphone nor should it cause overheating. There has been no notification from the phone indicating that the memory is full or too much data usage.

She threw random reasons to me in question form. The operator proceeds to offer that the phone be sent in for repair (of the unknown). How do you fix something that you do not know what the problem is? It will take two weeks after receiving the cellphone before it will be returned. I am one of the few that need their phone for work purposes as mentioned to the rep. and stated that I will need a loan phone. Loan phones are not offered and I will need to go to a service center as per the rep.

In rebuttal I stated that an approval will still be needed by the warranty office and the rep. said they cannot do that. There was no diagnostics ran for the phone, no history check for defects or common complaints. I even inquired if the phone was refurbished which should have been an automatic check by the rep. LG provides no accommodations nor empathy for their customers. There is no practice of customer satisfaction modeled. This is very displeasing.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Do not buy LG Aristo! A few months ago I needed a new phone but did not have much money. The sales lady gushed about this model and it was on sale so I bought one. It worked great but then began lagging and freezing so thinking it was a virus I used the security app that came with the phone but it seemed not to work and the problems were getting worse. Then the other day the phone refused to turn on and after some time I realized the battery was hot. Six months and already broken I was pissed but figured I would buy a new battery.

The company that sold me the phone didn't have a battery nor any other store. Once again in need of a phone and still not having much money the lady told me the Aristo was now $10 cheaper and so I bought another. Day two of this new phone it's super slow, keeps freezing, keeps turning off, and dies even if it's charged. This company is selling low income people cheap phones and getting the money back by creating problems that is not covered in their warranties or selling products that you cannot get parts for unless you mail it in and then they hold hostage 'til you pay a fee. This company should be shut down.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Will just talk about my most recent support request since that is the most ridiculous. The battery on my phone is draining a little fast, so I contacted support to get a replacement under warranty. They want me to send in my original battery BEFORE receiving a replacement. Effectively going 2 weeks without a phone. Does this make any sense??? Also, had to have my phone repaired twice because they didn't fix the issue they were supposed to fix the first time. This resulted in me being without a phone for almost a month! When I asked to see if I could just get a replacement I was told that it is against policy.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I bought my LG Stylo 3 Plus in August of 2017. Within a week, I discovered that the flashlight on my phone gets far too hot and it will burn my skin if it's left on or turns on randomly as it sometimes does. I have burned myself multiple times because your phone physically harming you isn't what comes to mind when you actually use it. I have lots of small circular scars, same size as the led light on the phone. I contacted LG fairly quickly after learning this happens because I have small children and I need to get rid of this phone obviously. I called and when someone got back to me, it was to tell me to mail in my phone and then they'd send it back as soon as they received it.

Well for 1, this leaves me without a phone and I am on call at work for a good portion of the time. For 2, I don't want another LG phone! This is my first experience with LG phones and it's not great. They didn't contact me back for months and that was because I sent angry emails. I have wanted communication. I wouldn't be submitting this review if they actually cared about their customer. Most recently I was calling everyday for over a week, just to find out the status and to get someone to call me. It seriously took them over a week (probably closer to 2) to ONLY EMAIL me. Still no phone call of course. They basically told me I'll get an LG phone back after I mail this one and they will review what I think I should have after testing the phone.

I've been told this since the beginning but they just don't care that I'll be without a phone and possibly lose my day job due to their procedures. They literally can't bend rules at all whatsoever. It's not enough that I lost my contract with a prestigious photographer to shoot for free in exchange for my portfolio. Portfolios are expensive. I lost out on a great opportunity because of scarring from this asinine company, that creates dangerous devices and would rather let people get hurt than to have to spend a few bucks more than they deem necessary. I emailed about getting in trouble with my job having to wait for a terrible replacement. Guess who contacted me back right away? Definitely not LG! Terrible customer service, policies and lack of care for their loyal customers and awful devices.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Bought the LG G4 and had the bootup issue. Contacted LG who said the phone would be fixed and the issue was known and phone under warranty. I sent the phone back and they contacted me to say the phone is not under warranty and I needed to pay for diagnostic fee before they sent me back my broken phone they sold me with known bootup issues? This is legal robbery and I will never buy LG again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I have had several LG phones and can tell you that they are ALL junk! They have all had multiple issues and no matter how much you upgrade the same problems come up over and over again. They also all seem to die at around the one year mark. I have heard others with the same problems no matter how expensive the model they bought. They have multiple problems that drive you nuts and then at about a year they have a catastrophic failure and die! The batteries charge SLOWLY and discharge fast. The screen shrinks for no reason then goes back.

You’re on Google it clicks back to the home screen, repeatedly. It's like having a gremlin inside of your phone. The older the phone gets the worse it gets until ultimately it dies! But not before it drives you crazy. It's just one thing after another and then you are FORCED to buy a new one. Right now no one can hear me when I make calls but then sometimes they can and now the voice typing won't work. So I know it's going to die soon. Please don't buy one of these worthless pieces of junk! Not if you value your mental health. Trust me I know.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I have been with AT&T for more than close to 20 years, enjoy the iPhone and I'm used to them but recently had to get an LG Phoenix due to financial reasons knowing that it would be temporary hopefully. I bought one that was around 50 bucks on their month by month option. The first one I bought lasted eight hours after being activated. I dropped it maybe 2 inches from the asphalt barely had no idea I'd be cracks at all. I was getting a ride finally from Uber cuzI was stuck in you know. You can't call over without your cell phone and it was not only cracked like it had been run over the screen but the whole phone was broken and the button on the bottom was extremely hot to the touch. So I just pulled the battery out before caught on fire... who knows.

I went down there at the next day. I said how come my iPhone that I had you know this so beat up looking holes in crashed my bike (but also knew this battery was going to die soon on this phone and I was going to have to get a new one) but it still work. The LG broke after 8 hours after activated. Barely hit the ground and cracked and broke. Doesn't work at all. What's the deal. My hands are tied though. I need a cell phone and wasn't going to buy the $20 version of this thing and like I said knowing hopefully this phone is temporary and I get another one in a month something better and went ahead with it and got another LG same model and I have never encountered so many issues of being ask to do things by Google employees in my life. Their banners pop up everyday telling me to fix this fix that.

Some apps recognize my emails. Google has some sort of bad news for me everyday usually related to my email account. One day they wanted me to change my password again which I already had for them. They kept telling me to do this 10 times one day. I did finally that same day then I noticed an hour later they disabled my account because my password was changed and if I didn't get a hold of them and explain why it was changed it was going to be disabled permanently. I got a hold of them by email the only way I could and said, "You wanted me to do this. What I don't understand." So then finally they put it back up, turn it on or whatever. Most of the time they don't.

One day they kept telling me to change my password for my email 10 times after I've already changed. For the many other times I did change it my account was disabled, my password was changed because I did it for them and if I didn't get a hold of them and explain the reason they would not have it turn back on at all which is ludicrous to me. I did not get it. Never heard of that. My point is everyday there is some sort of issue with this phone. The text I can't hear it when I'm actually getting a text but it makes texting sounds when nobody's trying to get ahold of me. The email is a joke and now this is been two weeks after I got the second phone what do you think last night I dropped this phone or slid on a bench the screen is cracked but I don't know why it didn't actually break. The whole phone is still working but I advise anybody do not buy this phone unless you like to be frustrated or you have no other option.

I've never encountered a phone that had so many weird problems everyday so I'm going to have to go down there again tomorrow due to the fact of the phone being cracked and also reading on this site about other people with the same issues and people around town. I heard a couple I ran into have the same cracked screen issue so I'm not the only one. Oh yeah and I also don't understand why customer service at AT&T is excellent when I have my iPhones there. They're knowledgeable, know how to fix things right away. Since I this LG phone it the customer service at AT&T same store/company etc they're Rude, mean, say everything's fine and if they do help me fix something and will take an hour or two literally. And as soon as I hang up the problem comes back. I don't get it I don't.

I would only buy his phone if you extremely had to. I've had phones from gas stations in the past that are 50% better probably more than that so beware. Hopefully my review is understandable. I'm speaking into the phone. I cannot type into it since the screen is cracked. I cannot see really what the word you're saying. Hopefully everybody gets the gist of it. Do not buy this phone unless extremely necessary. It's very fragile and it will only make you want to rip your hair out. Seriously I had high hopes for it but I guess you get what you pay for.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Wish I never bought this LG G4. I've always bought LG products. But this phone has been nothing but a disappointment. All my electronics are LGs. And because of the problems with my cellphone I will not buy any more LG products. They don't stand behind their products. Other people have been complaining about the LG G4 cellphone.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I bought an LG G4 H815 international unlocked cell phone from Amazon. I contacted them via phone call and they told me that they don't fix this kind of LG G4 phone but if I send it in they would fix the phone and send me a phone locked to T-Mobile which is my carrier. I felt like a hostage in my own country. Well it's been over a Month. I have sent the cell phone back twice as they keep sending me an LG G4 locked to AT&T and not a T-Mobile phone. Today I just received another phone with the AT&T logo and probably locked to them. I am tired of calling to this address in Texas and them not understanding what I am saying. Them company is LG 800-793-8896. There are lots of Americans like me who are fed up with the government and the FCC allowing these types of companies to rip us off. I had talked to the Attorney General who had advised me to work with them, well that has not helped me here in Tacoma Washington State.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Try as I might I have given LG every break possible yet every single phone I have ever had from them has a very strange thing that always seems to happen. It just dies. The screen cracks through no fault of my own. I can barely afford to replace them. Now this phone situation is with Boost Mobile. In my opinion maybe they're selling inferior phones to Boost and they're passing them up is good phones new phones but the case is not good for them.

I attempted to get a refund back from Boost because of a defective phone Optimus F7 LG and was told I had to contact LG. I sent the phone back to LG. According to their timestamp they had it like 3 or 4 minutes sent it back to me saying the phone was unrepairable. The board was dead. I couldn't believe it so I called the manager their customer service and he basically told me that this phone was a disposable phone. To $300 I put was a disposable phone and they were not going to honor the warranty.

I was Furious I couldn't believe it. So I took it to a reputable cell phone repair technician who looked at it and said that they totally lied that everything they said and showed on that board was a lie and wrong. In fact he called LG to get the part that he needed and they refused to sell it to him. He wouldn't bought three or four different phones to find this one piece for me and actually fixed it. LG warranty services is corrupt deceptive and they should be punished.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Bought a phone - ONLY positive is that it is lightweight and so far I have not run out of memory. It has a lag so most times words are spelled wrong in text. After less than 6 months phone was stuck on - could not turn the screen off (or put in lock mode) the volume turns up and down on its own... Per LG I was still in warranty but per LG I would have to send in the phone - be without a phone for 2 weeks. There is no other solution for customer assistance but to send in the phone and be without for weeks. I don't understand who that helps - as a mother of 2 I need a phone and to simply say be without is not an option especially because the phone I bought is defective of no fault of my own.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I really like the LG Android however its battery life is not long enough. It is supposed to have 10 hour battery life and I am finding that I need to recharge it at least 3 times a day.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

This phone is 1 month old. It gets hot all time and battery won’t hardly charge and when it does it runs out extremely fast. The sorriest phone I’ve ever had. Will be changing on first of the month.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The battery life suck. Haven’t had it for long when the battery had to be charged more and more often. And I didn’t use my phone much. Have to move and metro sucked still and so I upgraded but no good.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I like my LG phone but sometimes it wants to freeze up on me. Also, cell phone service in my area is very poor. I can't receive calls on my phone at my home because of the service.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I always purchase LG phone. Never had any problems and they are a lot cheaper than other phones. My husband and children purchase the iPhone and Samsung phone and always seem to have problems.

LG Cell Phones Company Information