LG Cell Phones

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Just got this phone about 3 months ago. I have had all kinds of problems. Overheating, will not keep a charge, can barely hear on it. Have had Verizon a long time never had problems. Cannot get but 2 bars on this phone. Cannot get on it 90 percent of the time. It is the worst phone I have ever had. Going to main dealer to try to get it resolved, but they said they would have to get me the same phone that I do not want. I think everyone should file a class action lawsuit on LG. Tired of getting screw with phone. I want my Apple back. My advice to not ever get a LG.

I have an LG2 Escape phone. It's the worst phone I ever owned. It's thru AT&T. Dropping calls all the time. From day one! I sent it back, the second one acts the same! They keep trying all these troubleshootings, but so far nothing helped. In the meantime I wasted at least 4 hours being on phone or chat with them!

I bought a LG G5, the phone seemed very innovative but I could use it only one month because it could not charge anymore. I tried with another charger but the problem was from the phone. I contacted LG Belgium but they told me that they don't take care about this model that I bought in a Belgium website. I have to contact different LG customer service to found that I have to send it in Hong Kong. I sent it and it seems they fixed it except they don't want to send me it back! I tried to organize the carrying back but of course it is impossible to contact the good service to send them the track to put on the package. LG are thieves and sell bad products with defects and they don't care!!! I will never buy a LG product anymore!!!

As a result of recommendation by Verizon sales rep, bought new LG V-10 in March of 2016. I have had nothing but problems with this phone and Verizon just ordered the 3rd replacement for this phone. That means it will be the 4th phone in 7 months. I tried to get Verizon to give me a different brand and model of Android phone, but they said at this point they could not, but why don't I pay off the 500 balance still remaining and get a different phone. I'd have to have my head examined to do something that stupid. I don't want the damn thing to begin with and I sure as hell aren't going to throw away that kind of money on this piece of crap. Let's see if number 4 is any better than the first three, if not I will write back.

My phone was working totally fine until one day it suddenly got stuck on a reloop boot, where the phone continuously restarts until it finally stopped working completely. I sent my phone to LG, who had assured me it would be fixed, to get it back three weeks later and find out that it is being refused repair due to 'evidence of liquid residue found'. Regardless of this, the problem and reason why the phone stopped working had completely nothing to do with this, and it is a widespread problem throughout LG G4 phones and highly publicized over the internet.

Basically, I understand that although accidental damage may not be covered under warranty, but the liquid residue found has nothing to do with the problem - it couldn't be more irrelevant and it seems totally unfair that they refused to fix/replace this phone for such a widespread problem. LG have lost a customer for life, and I will discourage friends from buying from their brand in future due to such an awful experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

We purchased 3 LG G5 cell phones on June 24, 2016 through Sprint. We paid $576.00 for each phone plus tax. Within 6 weeks, my husband's LG G5 phone kept rebooting then died. Sprint replaced phone with another LG G5. Within 6 weeks same issues with new LG G 5 phone. We were to we had to send it to LG with $88 dollars for them to repair phone. We mailed phone with payment end of Sept. 2016. Now, 3 weeks later, we are still waiting for phone to be repaired. We keep getting emails to contact them to give Ok to proceed with anti-theft code. Each time we call LG they tell us to ignore email. Our phone is being repaired. We get another email. Same message. Now today my phone same kind of phone, LG G5, is doing the very same as the 2 other phones. Keeps rebooting and overheating. Was working one minute then it didn't work anymore.

These phones are defective and should be recalled and people should be refunded. LG customer service is useless. I will never buy any LG products. I am hearing from people that they too have had issues with LG products and I have seen many complaints on this phone and that LG customer service is useless. My 40 year old son has been without a phone for 3 weeks. We have contacted Sprint they say because it is over 30 days we must go through LG. We have insurance on each phone but just found out the deductible is $150 with Assurance Insur Co. Another highway robbery on customers that should not be allowed to charge customers such as crazy price.

Model # LG-VS986W, FCC ID: ZNFVS986,S/N:505KPDT0016474,H/W Rev. :1.0,imei:357903061444745. This phone died 2 months before the year was up. I filed a claim with LG. They accepted but mysteriously my phone came back only to die 1 week after deadline?

I have 2 LG3 android phones that don't work and both are not even two years old. The first one stop working in July and I tried to have it fixed. When you buy the phone they don't tell you when you buy the extra guarantee for them after the first year you don't just pay 50.00 for them to replace it after the year you have to pay 200.00 to replace it and of course when the year was up my phone stopped working. I should have know because we got the two phone together, my son's phone had to go back the next day because it was broke. Had to wait for the new phone to come in that should have told me to get rid of both of them and get another brand name phone NOT LG. I now have another LG phone my sons and now it is doing the same as mine that I had fixed. The LG3 have defects. I had a lady told me she got one and the next day she took it back.

I will never buy another LG again. The service stinks when you try and get the trouble taking care of they always tell you "phone is no good" so you put the extra money out for another phone. You have to go to their service place that they tell you. "You need another phone and you are past the 1 year warranty." They are very rude people. The guy me and my son dealt with was the rudest person that I ever had, waiting on me he was in hurry to get me out so he could help the next person which he want out from around the counter and sit down with her and you could he was looking her phone over and taking care of her. ALL I HAVE TO SAY DON'T BUY A LG PHONE, THEY ARE NO GOOD.

On September 30 I contacted LG support regarding the bootlog issue with the LG G4 and support immediately said the phone would be replaced and provided me with a FedEx label to ship it from Austin TX to Fort Worth TX. The phone shipped on Oct 3 and was delivered on Oct 4. I have made almost daily calls to the customer service 'no customer service' which is in the Philippines to be told different stories each call. On Oct 10 I rec'd an email stating they had just received my phone when the truth is they didn't know where my phone was from the date of delivery on Oct 4 until after numerous phone calls by me. The Philippines supervisors are of absolutely no help and claim there is not a phone number to talk direct to the repair place. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced from a large corporation.

My LG G3 phone quit working 10 days before one-year warranty expired. I gave them proof of purchase and they wrote me back saying the phone is out of warranty and I must pay to have it repaired even though my phone is CLEARLY under the one-year warranty from date of sale. They are telling me the warranty is one-year from the manufactured date when their warranty states from date of sale. This is a SCAM company!!! I warn you to stay away from LG phones at all costs!!! They will do anything and everything not to repair their phones under warranty. I am a reputable engineer. In my lifetime, I have never seen such a fraudulent company. If I had time I would sue them but it's not worthy my time. I just bought an HTC 10 and will hope for a better experience this time around. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!! Buy LG products at your own risk!

Brought a LG k7 phone. Started charging it. Had it less than 12 hours phone started getting hot as soon as I started charging. I try to bring it back to the store. They give me the runaround. Went to four store in one day. Brought the phone at 6 pm. Tried to return it at 10 am. Was told I could not get new one. Had to wait on one so it can it got hot so it was the battery. Hell to get one.

I sent my phone to LG for repair Sept 2, 2016. The repair was supposed to take 7-10 days. The repair tracking says 6 days to return to me. I was told to go to my carrier and have them 'lend' me a phone. Real life not Philippines scripted life: carriers don't do that. 29 days later I still do not have my phone. The right thing for them to do at this point is to replace the phone or upgrade me and the customer service team is not equipped to service this expectation. I have called them numerous times. Emailed them numerous times and check the status almost everyday with no update.

I had purchased a new phone and the camera did not work. I had to send it in to LG in Fort Worth, Texas. It took them forever when they finally sent it back - stating: THIS PRODUCT IS DAMAGED AND NOT REPAIRABLE. OUR INSPECTION RESULTS ARE AS FOLLOWS: WATER DAMAGE. No. It was a new phone, no water damage. This is an ongoing issue with the LG phones. What happened? Did they not know how to fix it? To make matters worse, now the screen keeps blinking on and off. THEY BROKE IT EVEN MORE. Very frustrating. I tried to reach them through their phone number and after waiting on the phone, trying to get to the proper area - I was hung up on. HORRIBLE SERVICE. Now I have to figure out how to get a new phone when I just purchased one. SL 16923735, MODEL: V588OPPBK.

I'm giving the phone a 1 star because I can't go any lower. I bought the phone at the Sprint store. I hadn't bought a phone for five years, because I loved the Samsung phone I had. But it stopped working the day before I took a vacation overseas. I ran into the Sprint store because I needed help. The phones looked totally different than they had five years before.

The salesman pushed the LG4, and I thought it looked and sounded great. I was to get the phone for free with a two year contract, or pay $600 if that wasn't a deal that was offered. I bought the phone, and left for Bali. The phone didn't work properly there, except for the camera, which worked wonderfully. I thought that it was just because I was overseas. When I returned to the States, the problem continued. I took it to the Sprint store, and was told that I needed a new battery... Long story short, I bought multiple batteries and different kinds of chargers until I demanded to use my insurance to get a new phone, since my phone just wouldn't turn back on.

That's when I was told that insurance wasn't appropriate for a defective phone. It would have to be repaired by LG, and it would take a long time. There would be no break on the payments for the phone, no break by Sprint for the bill during that time, and no loaner phone. So I needed to be sure to pay the bills while I waited for a month or more (which I did - I'm still waiting) to get my phone repaired and back. He also cheerfully told me that some people had to return their phone more than once.

I waited for over a month, then contacted the Oregon Attorney General's office. I have heard back from Sprint, and I got an email from LG saying that my phone is in the mail. I would prefer a new, high quality phone from a less sleazy corporation, and I would like for LG to refund my money that I've paid, and waive the rest since they were never able to keep up their end of the bargain.

I've had 3 LG G4s phones and 2 LG G2 phones. All of them have bricked in some way. My first G4 went into a boot loop after a year and I had to get it warranty replaced. The replacement I had wouldn't even turn on! I ended getting another warranty replacement of the replacement and that just recently bricked after 3 months. The last one was "out of warranty" so I had to buy it outright from AT&T or wait several months with a cheap old phone!! It was absolutely not my fault that it bricked. It locked on the LG logo and then went black and wouldn't respond in any way. I wouldn't ever recommend this company to anyone.

I brought my LG mobile phone from Boost Mobile with insurance. Since the day I brought it, this phone has been overheating so twice a day if not more. I have to turn it off for 30 mins and turn it back on (sometimes 3 times a day). So yesterday it got so hot I turned it off and it completely died. So I phoned Boost Mobile as I have insurance with them. The rep I spoke to was speaking so fast I had to stop her twice. She did not want to replace my phone (so why would I have paid insurance?), told me to get in touch with LG.

I asked to speak to her supervisor as I brought the phone from Boost Mobile shop with insurance. This she did not want to do at all. She kept cutting me off, would not give me her name. Then I got cut off from the conversation. Possibly the worst customer service rep I have ever had to talk to. So now I have a LG phone that does not work insurance. I paid but Boost will not send me a new phone (it's 3 months old!) The phone is in perfect physical condition. I will NEVER go with Boost Mobile ever again.

I got the suggested insurance through Verizon, Asurion. My LG G4 stopped working back in July. I called Verizon, they asked if it had any water damage. Yes it did from 6 months ago. My phone just quit working that day. I was sent over to Asurion. I was sent a refurbished phone and had to pay $150. My friend's phone did the same thing the next week. She did not have water damage, she had to pay $350 to upgrade her phone. I did some research and found out that this is a known problem with these phones. Last Thursday the replacement phone just quit working for no reason. No water damage. I called Verizon, the person I spoke with told me, "Oh yeah the G4 and G5 are known for this problem." If LG had any kind of ethics, they would recall all of these phones.

Yesterday afternoon my LG G4 decided to stop working. Locks up at the LG logo and then goes black. I went into the local Sprint store who acknowledged that the LGs were having this problem and customers were coming in constantly with the same problem within past 3 months. That being said, Sprint will only upgrade my phone for $200. When I contacted LG last night, they reluctantly admitted that their phones were having this problem, but indicated I need to send my phone to them so they can determine if I have damaged the phone. They sent me a ground FedEx shipping label. By the way, they only give you a label for ground shipping. They indicated to me that this will take up to two weeks.

I have a business that runs to my phone. Not to mention I do not work in an office, but from my car and off-site with clients. I use my phone to run my business during the day. I am beside myself that LG thinks that not immediately replacing their defective equipment is acceptable. Even Asurion sends phones to their consumers immediately and then have you send them the broken phone.

I am disgusted that yet another company does not care about their consumers nor the product they put out on the market. IF THEY CARED, THEY WOULD RECTIFY THE PROBLEM TO KEEP THEIR CUSTOMERS SATISFIED. I will take their phone until I can get my free upgrade. I will never buy another LG product again. I am tired of dealing with a Corporate America who could care less about their customer's satisfaction. They should be recalling this phone to avoid more customer aggravation, but instead they're playing innocent!!

Phone had battery issues but still functioned. Then woke up (one month after warranty expired) to find phone had reset itself. This was a hard reset, which WIPED ALL MEMORY. LG CUSTOMER CARE COULD NOT CARE LESS. Russell was asked to refer call to supervisor, two days later no call. I have no phone numbers of friends, business contacts, doctors, nothing. No stored contact information. Nothing. Store was able to find pictures fortunately. Would not recommend LG going forward.

I have had nothing but issues with my g4 AT&T h810 since I purchased it. It will heat up so hot it is uncomfortable to keep in my pocket. My other g4 was just replaced 8/25 due to the electronics actually burning up and the replacement device has the same issue. I have not even said anything about the poor reception from the internal antenna and the issues with Bluetooth. Please do not purchase this phone. It is not worth the trouble and poor quality.

Bought a LG 4 at T-Mobile on Dec 4th. The phone was fabulous until July 28th 2016. The phone boot loop problem that LG is aware of but didn't recall. T-Mobile would not let me upgrade because the phone didn't start but I still have to make the payment. I left without a phone and it's been 10 days. I know they can't get a phone because this problem is widespread and there aren't any that work. LG does not care about consumers.

Bought the phone in March 2015, started having problems with it almost immediately. Verizon store helped as much as they could. When I entered the hospital for open heart surgery this past spring, phone would not charge. Had it taken back to Verizon store who no longer offers repair or tech assistance. Contacted LG upon release from Hospital and Convalescence home, and LG tells me warranty expired! Tried to explain circumstances to no avail. Agreed to pay for repairs, and was told to remove battery and send in. Agreed to repair estimate. Informed it required a new board, and there would be a delay in shipping since board was back ordered.

Finally got it, and installed the battery but note appeared that "Phone requires a card in order to work." Looked and saw the card was not included in the returned repair package. Called immediately on 9/5/16 and requested they send me the card that was in my phone. Was told "not their problem." Refused to let me speak to a manager. I advised that I am stopping payment on credit card and challenging it since they failed to provide all the component parts back to make it function.

I had pre ordered the flex 2. Worked for 11 months and software crashed. I am STILL paying on this phone and lg will do nothing about it! I ended up getting an lg g4 had that not even 2 months and it did the same thing. Sprint tells me lg will do nothing about it unless I have protection plan or pay to fix it. Been having rounds with lg to fix the problem that is on THEIR end! I will never buy another lg again. Extremely disappointed in their phone products.

This is by far the worst of the worst phone I am ever unfortunate to use. It's completely useless and unreliable. Phone keeps restarting for no reason at all 'til the battery drains out. It's the most unreliable phone ever. It's sloppy and worst touch with huge latency issues. Imagine phone crapping out on you when you are in middle of 911 call. This phone should not be manufactured at all. LG3 + android + t-mobile is the worst combination ever made. It's marriage made in hell to torture innocent customers. Please Please for god sake Google stop developing such crappy android OS and Please Please T-mobile stop wrapping more crap on top of android crap and LG please stop making such crappy phones with crappy batteries and touch. Yuckiest experience ever. Thank god I switched to iphone. I think if LG t-mobile and android continue this way, Apple don't need to do marketing at all, people gonna buy those.

I have been with T-Mobile and currently own 3 LG devices; LG G3, LG V10 and LG Pad 8 F. I paid off my LG G3 and pampered it like a baby. One month after I paid it off it would not boot and encountered the blue screen of death. I called LG and they said it wasn't under warranty. I could send it in for a motherboard repair. More than the phone is worth. T-Mobile said they would replace it for a restock few at a Corp store. I went to a T-Mobile and asked them if they were Corp, they said yes and refused to do what T-Mobile on phone said they would do. I then sent it for a motherboard repair. Phone works ok, however it will not get on the cell network. The phone reads the SIM. However T-Mobile's service will not recognize the device.

Bought (through the payment plan they have) my LG G4 from AT&T last July for close to $600. Didn't have any issues other than it was not as fast as before but thought since there was so much info/pictures it slowed it down. Fast forward - have my phone for 8 months. The knock screen stopped working. Not really an issue. I just turned it on with the back button. Occasionally it would be really warm as it is being used. About 2 weeks later I plug my phone and leave it on the table to charge. When I come back the screen is cracked top to bottom!!

Went to AT&T, they tell me they have seen this issue but they can't do anything it is now damaged (even though I didn't physically do it) and has to go through LG. Contact LG. They don't want to help. Phone is out of warranty, of course it is. Well I continue to use it with a broken screen, within 2 weeks completely shuts off and now is a useless piece of junk. I keep contacting LG in hopes they will stand behind their products. I mean the LG means life's good, right?

Finally they a free to check out the phone. After I have to buy a prepaid phone so I can continue to have a phone for my business. Send it back. They tell me it's out of warranty and damaged! Yes I know it's damaged but I only charged it which caused the damage. Keep in mind I only have been paying for it for 9 months out of 24. Sure they will repair it if I pay them $160 for repairing the damage I didn't cause!! I told them, "No way". That would mean my phone would be close to $800!! Not on your life. Needless to say I am still paying on this piece of junk LG phone and am using an old Samsung S4 with a cracked screen that my daughter had laying around. NEVER PURCHASE AN LG PRODUCT!! Very disappointed in AT&T nor LG would step up.

Their phones are nice when you first get them, big screen, good picture, lots of memory, but they break, A LOT!! And all anyone can do to repair them (this includes my crappy service provider SPRINT) is to factory reset. No one even tries to fix them any more they just factory reset. Hey I know you have hundreds of photos of your children and friends, and lovely places you have been, calendar events, passwords etc, but we are going to erase all of it, is that ok? WTF try fixing it FIRST. This is the lazy way out, (again SPRINT is waaayyy worse than LG because they are like that with every single type of phone they sell) but I have purchased the LG G2, G3 and G4 figuring they would do better... They don't. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM if you have other options!!

I purchased a LG G4 mobile cell phone on Amazon. After using it for about 9 months, the cell phone went into a boot loop and I couldn't get the cell to start. I contacted LG to get them to repair under manufacturer's warranty. They refused, because they said that the phone I had was manufactured outside of the US. But I had purchased the phone on Amazon brand new in the US. I don't understand why I should care where they manufacture the phone. Most of the products in the US are manufactured in places like China and India, but all companies I've ever dealt with had always honored their warranty. I had submitted a complaint to the BBB hoping for a resolution, but LG obviously doesn't show even respect for the BBB and have lied in their response saying that I wasn't the original purchaser of the device even though I had provided my Amazon receipt.

LG even made a statement earlier this year that they acknowledge that there is a hardware defect on this phone and that they will repair the affected devices. I guess that was lie too. Buyers beware of this company! They claim to have quality products like other Korean companies like Samsung, but I've never had a Samsung device break down on me within the warranty period. It is very obvious which company is superior.

I bought a LG G3 and I received a update. I thought it would do something special to my phone but it ruined it by causing the screen to fade and lose track of where it is. I still owe a lot of money on that phone and LG refuses to replace the device after they ruined it with their update. I still have that phone to pay off. I wonder if a class action lawsuit would be in order?

The phone stopped working after a run. Did it get a bit sweaty? It was in a sandwich bag and a neoprene case, but maybe. But still - no water protection. Under warranty. Sent it back. FedEx lost it. I have been on the phone with LG customer service in the Philippines 10 times. They admit that they are wrong in not getting me a new phone. They admit they will be paid for the phone by FedEx someday. They even admit that company policy is wrong. They still won't give me a new phone. I will never buy anything from them again.

LG Cell Phones Company Profile