LG Cell Phones
  • 1 star
Based on 173 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

LG Cell Phones

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

429 LG Cell Phones Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Do not buy LG Aristo! A few months ago I needed a new phone but did not have much money. The sales lady gushed about this model and it was on sale so I bought one. It worked great but then began lagging and freezing so thinking it was a virus I used the security app that came with the phone but it seemed not to work and the problems were getting worse. Then the other day the phone refused to turn on and after some time I realized the battery was hot. Six months and already broken I was pissed but figured I would buy a new battery.

The company that sold me the phone didn't have a battery nor any other store. Once again in need of a phone and still not having much money the lady told me the Aristo was now $10 cheaper and so I bought another. Day two of this new phone it's super slow, keeps freezing, keeps turning off, and dies even if it's charged. This company is selling low income people cheap phones and getting the money back by creating problems that is not covered in their warranties or selling products that you cannot get parts for unless you mail it in and then they hold hostage 'til you pay a fee. This company should be shut down.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Will just talk about my most recent support request since that is the most ridiculous. The battery on my phone is draining a little fast, so I contacted support to get a replacement under warranty. They want me to send in my original battery BEFORE receiving a replacement. Effectively going 2 weeks without a phone. Does this make any sense??? Also, had to have my phone repaired twice because they didn't fix the issue they were supposed to fix the first time. This resulted in me being without a phone for almost a month! When I asked to see if I could just get a replacement I was told that it is against policy.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I bought my LG Stylo 3 Plus in August of 2017. Within a week, I discovered that the flashlight on my phone gets far too hot and it will burn my skin if it's left on or turns on randomly as it sometimes does. I have burned myself multiple times because your phone physically harming you isn't what comes to mind when you actually use it. I have lots of small circular scars, same size as the led light on the phone. I contacted LG fairly quickly after learning this happens because I have small children and I need to get rid of this phone obviously. I called and when someone got back to me, it was to tell me to mail in my phone and then they'd send it back as soon as they received it.

Well for 1, this leaves me without a phone and I am on call at work for a good portion of the time. For 2, I don't want another LG phone! This is my first experience with LG phones and it's not great. They didn't contact me back for months and that was because I sent angry emails. I have wanted communication. I wouldn't be submitting this review if they actually cared about their customer. Most recently I was calling everyday for over a week, just to find out the status and to get someone to call me. It seriously took them over a week (probably closer to 2) to ONLY EMAIL me. Still no phone call of course. They basically told me I'll get an LG phone back after I mail this one and they will review what I think I should have after testing the phone.

I've been told this since the beginning but they just don't care that I'll be without a phone and possibly lose my day job due to their procedures. They literally can't bend rules at all whatsoever. It's not enough that I lost my contract with a prestigious photographer to shoot for free in exchange for my portfolio. Portfolios are expensive. I lost out on a great opportunity because of scarring from this asinine company, that creates dangerous devices and would rather let people get hurt than to have to spend a few bucks more than they deem necessary. I emailed about getting in trouble with my job having to wait for a terrible replacement. Guess who contacted me back right away? Definitely not LG! Terrible customer service, policies and lack of care for their loyal customers and awful devices.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Bought the LG G4 and had the bootup issue. Contacted LG who said the phone would be fixed and the issue was known and phone under warranty. I sent the phone back and they contacted me to say the phone is not under warranty and I needed to pay for diagnostic fee before they sent me back my broken phone they sold me with known bootup issues? This is legal robbery and I will never buy LG again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I have had several LG phones and can tell you that they are ALL junk! They have all had multiple issues and no matter how much you upgrade the same problems come up over and over again. They also all seem to die at around the one year mark. I have heard others with the same problems no matter how expensive the model they bought. They have multiple problems that drive you nuts and then at about a year they have a catastrophic failure and die! The batteries charge SLOWLY and discharge fast. The screen shrinks for no reason then goes back.

You’re on Google it clicks back to the home screen, repeatedly. It's like having a gremlin inside of your phone. The older the phone gets the worse it gets until ultimately it dies! But not before it drives you crazy. It's just one thing after another and then you are FORCED to buy a new one. Right now no one can hear me when I make calls but then sometimes they can and now the voice typing won't work. So I know it's going to die soon. Please don't buy one of these worthless pieces of junk! Not if you value your mental health. Trust me I know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I have been with AT&T for more than close to 20 years, enjoy the iPhone and I'm used to them but recently had to get an LG Phoenix due to financial reasons knowing that it would be temporary hopefully. I bought one that was around 50 bucks on their month by month option. The first one I bought lasted eight hours after being activated. I dropped it maybe 2 inches from the asphalt barely had no idea I'd be cracks at all. I was getting a ride finally from Uber cuzI was stuck in you know. You can't call over without your cell phone and it was not only cracked like it had been run over the screen but the whole phone was broken and the button on the bottom was extremely hot to the touch. So I just pulled the battery out before caught on fire... who knows.

I went down there at the next day. I said how come my iPhone that I had you know this so beat up looking holes in crashed my bike (but also knew this battery was going to die soon on this phone and I was going to have to get a new one) but it still work. The LG broke after 8 hours after activated. Barely hit the ground and cracked and broke. Doesn't work at all. What's the deal. My hands are tied though. I need a cell phone and wasn't going to buy the $20 version of this thing and like I said knowing hopefully this phone is temporary and I get another one in a month something better and went ahead with it and got another LG same model and I have never encountered so many issues of being ask to do things by Google employees in my life. Their banners pop up everyday telling me to fix this fix that.

Some apps recognize my emails. Google has some sort of bad news for me everyday usually related to my email account. One day they wanted me to change my password again which I already had for them. They kept telling me to do this 10 times one day. I did finally that same day then I noticed an hour later they disabled my account because my password was changed and if I didn't get a hold of them and explain why it was changed it was going to be disabled permanently. I got a hold of them by email the only way I could and said, "You wanted me to do this. What I don't understand." So then finally they put it back up, turn it on or whatever. Most of the time they don't.

One day they kept telling me to change my password for my email 10 times after I've already changed. For the many other times I did change it my account was disabled, my password was changed because I did it for them and if I didn't get a hold of them and explain the reason they would not have it turn back on at all which is ludicrous to me. I did not get it. Never heard of that. My point is everyday there is some sort of issue with this phone. The text I can't hear it when I'm actually getting a text but it makes texting sounds when nobody's trying to get ahold of me. The email is a joke and now this is been two weeks after I got the second phone what do you think last night I dropped this phone or slid on a bench the screen is cracked but I don't know why it didn't actually break. The whole phone is still working but I advise anybody do not buy this phone unless you like to be frustrated or you have no other option.

I've never encountered a phone that had so many weird problems everyday so I'm going to have to go down there again tomorrow due to the fact of the phone being cracked and also reading on this site about other people with the same issues and people around town. I heard a couple I ran into have the same cracked screen issue so I'm not the only one. Oh yeah and I also don't understand why customer service at AT&T is excellent when I have my iPhones there. They're knowledgeable, know how to fix things right away. Since I this LG phone it the customer service at AT&T same store/company etc they're Rude, mean, say everything's fine and if they do help me fix something and will take an hour or two literally. And as soon as I hang up the problem comes back. I don't get it I don't.

I would only buy his phone if you extremely had to. I've had phones from gas stations in the past that are 50% better probably more than that so beware. Hopefully my review is understandable. I'm speaking into the phone. I cannot type into it since the screen is cracked. I cannot see really what the word you're saying. Hopefully everybody gets the gist of it. Do not buy this phone unless extremely necessary. It's very fragile and it will only make you want to rip your hair out. Seriously I had high hopes for it but I guess you get what you pay for.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Wish I never bought this LG G4. I've always bought LG products. But this phone has been nothing but a disappointment. All my electronics are LGs. And because of the problems with my cellphone I will not buy any more LG products. They don't stand behind their products. Other people have been complaining about the LG G4 cellphone.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I bought an LG G4 H815 international unlocked cell phone from Amazon. I contacted them via phone call and they told me that they don't fix this kind of LG G4 phone but if I send it in they would fix the phone and send me a phone locked to T-Mobile which is my carrier. I felt like a hostage in my own country. Well it's been over a Month. I have sent the cell phone back twice as they keep sending me an LG G4 locked to AT&T and not a T-Mobile phone. Today I just received another phone with the AT&T logo and probably locked to them. I am tired of calling to this address in Texas and them not understanding what I am saying. Them company is LG 800-793-8896. There are lots of Americans like me who are fed up with the government and the FCC allowing these types of companies to rip us off. I had talked to the Attorney General who had advised me to work with them, well that has not helped me here in Tacoma Washington State.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Try as I might I have given LG every break possible yet every single phone I have ever had from them has a very strange thing that always seems to happen. It just dies. The screen cracks through no fault of my own. I can barely afford to replace them. Now this phone situation is with Boost Mobile. In my opinion maybe they're selling inferior phones to Boost and they're passing them up is good phones new phones but the case is not good for them.

I attempted to get a refund back from Boost because of a defective phone Optimus F7 LG and was told I had to contact LG. I sent the phone back to LG. According to their timestamp they had it like 3 or 4 minutes sent it back to me saying the phone was unrepairable. The board was dead. I couldn't believe it so I called the manager their customer service and he basically told me that this phone was a disposable phone. To $300 I put was a disposable phone and they were not going to honor the warranty.

I was Furious I couldn't believe it. So I took it to a reputable cell phone repair technician who looked at it and said that they totally lied that everything they said and showed on that board was a lie and wrong. In fact he called LG to get the part that he needed and they refused to sell it to him. He wouldn't bought three or four different phones to find this one piece for me and actually fixed it. LG warranty services is corrupt deceptive and they should be punished.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Bought a phone - ONLY positive is that it is lightweight and so far I have not run out of memory. It has a lag so most times words are spelled wrong in text. After less than 6 months phone was stuck on - could not turn the screen off (or put in lock mode) the volume turns up and down on its own... Per LG I was still in warranty but per LG I would have to send in the phone - be without a phone for 2 weeks. There is no other solution for customer assistance but to send in the phone and be without for weeks. I don't understand who that helps - as a mother of 2 I need a phone and to simply say be without is not an option especially because the phone I bought is defective of no fault of my own.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I really like the LG Android however its battery life is not long enough. It is supposed to have 10 hour battery life and I am finding that I need to recharge it at least 3 times a day.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

This phone is 1 month old. It gets hot all time and battery won’t hardly charge and when it does it runs out extremely fast. The sorriest phone I’ve ever had. Will be changing on first of the month.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The battery life suck. Haven’t had it for long when the battery had to be charged more and more often. And I didn’t use my phone much. Have to move and metro sucked still and so I upgraded but no good.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I like my LG phone but sometimes it wants to freeze up on me. Also, cell phone service in my area is very poor. I can't receive calls on my phone at my home because of the service.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I always purchase LG phone. Never had any problems and they are a lot cheaper than other phones. My husband and children purchase the iPhone and Samsung phone and always seem to have problems.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Previously, I used a Samsung Galaxy, but found that the battery kept on overheating causing the phone to become warm. In addition battery live diminished and I would have to recharge my phone twice a day, so I switched to LG and have had no problems.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I really like LG phones, this is my 2nd one. I like the pictures I get with the camera which has several cool features. The screen is just the right size and it fits comfortably in my hand. Images are clear although I don't use a screen cover, there are no Scratches on the screen. It's also very durable. I've accidentally dropped it a few times and it still functions perfectly.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

This phone works like it's been refurbished. Most things don't work well or right. Thank god I only use when I go out. I MUST SAY IT IS THEIR CHEAPEST MODEL.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I've had this LG 4G LTE phone for more than five years never given me any problems and still have original battery. The battery holds up even when in the red. It really last and I would not trade it for another brand. It has moved me to try out some other products of theirs.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Forward to more of this type. Now there are more cell phones vs traditional home phones. Options for new phones are so much greater in the past 3 years.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I loved the LG G3 but the G4 was horrible, I went through 5 phones with the warranties. Then they sent me a LG V20. This is my second one. So far no problems. Their customer service is horrible.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I love my LG. This is my 3rd LG phone. It is easy to use and the screen is large enough. I will buy another when needed. It is worth every penny. It did not cost an arm and a leg.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I bought an LG G5 phone. To date, I love it. It’s not perfect but I'm happy with my purchase. Got a $200 gift card to boost. Easy to use. Battery life is ok. I bought a backup battery. The #1 reason I bought the phone was the fact that I can buy a replacement battery. I would recommend!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I have attempted to use an LG phone but after using iPhones for so Many years I found the Android platform confusing. I was not satisfied by the lack of upgrades and security of iPhones.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My phone tells me what number or who is calling or texting me! Stays charged for more than a day! Easy to navigate around, change screens, lock and home. Stores a lot of info.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Phone is slim and light weight. Apps sometimes can require several touches in cold weather. But what is amazing about this particular phone is its durability. After a head on crash in my car, while the phone was on the passenger seat, my car flipped over on the roof and was considered a total loss. While going through the car in the wrecking yard I found the phone with nary a scratch on it and it worked flawlessly. Pretty tough little unit.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Slow and overheats. Takes forever when trying to pull up information and it freezes up in the middle of typing a lot. The battery life is almost nothing.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Been using an LG past 6 yrs and find them very reliable. I'M on my 2nd one. The clarity is very good and the reception is great from one end of the valley to the other.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

In selecting the phone that I have now, there were specifics that I was looking for and I got everything that I need with LG. This phone rates right along with Samsung but for a lower cost.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

This phone has performed well for me, I use it primarily when I am away from home. I have used it extensively when traveling, and have not experienced any problems. I do not have to purchase a contract, therefore I do not encounter large cell phone bills. I have all the functions that most phones have, and my minutes are reasonably priced.

LG Cell Phones Company Information