TracFone

94%

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

4538people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with TracFone:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

I was a loyal customer for years, using a Tracfone only as an emergency phone while I stockpiled minutes over time, using special sign-ups and coupon codes to amass 6900 minutes of talk time as I used the phone maybe 8-10 times a year, if that. On 8/5/15 I went to their support forum to ask about a problem with the minutes as the system did not allocate the proper numbers based upon the promise of purchasing a one-year card. The rep, "Shannon", was the chat rep online and she was so rude and indifferent, stopping communicating with me with no notice, leaving me online for 17 minutes with no response.

The next day I went to the support forum to post a blog about the experience with Shannon. The next day my ENTIRE BALANCE WAS ZERO; she had wiped my records of the phone clean as though it had never had minutes as a retaliation. I contacted the so-called direct response line to complain and to demand to file a complaint against Shannon since this was obvious retaliation. The rep, "Donna" assured me that this was a "Computer glitch" and that Loss Prevention would restore my minutes.

Well, you can guess the ending of this story. If you couldn't, the next day, the rep contacted them and Loss Prevention refused to issue me a single second, citing that there is no record of there being any time on my handset! Furious, I asked them how in the world could a major company not have records of all transactions in their database and he responded, "Sir, we don't have the tools here to check usage." At this point I was livid and demanded to speak with his supervisor, "Edwardlina" who stated that Loss Prevention was the last word and they will not give me any more minutes; this being after purchasing a one year card three days earlier which would have guaranteed that I would have at least 1200!

Contacting the national office was futile as they sided with the rep and Loss Prevention despite my sending them a copy of the transcript showing how Shannon had provided no customer service, a copy of my blog post and a notation that my minutes were deleted the following day. Tracfone's bottom line is dollars so they would rather lose a long-time customer rather than give them back their rightful minutes. At rough estimation they are stealing 500 dollars from me in taking my minutes. Karma is real and they will lose much more. Take heed and if you are considering Tracfone, I would suggest that you find a much better alternative; a company who tries to care and do the right thing. Tracfone is not that company.

Not one of their devices have the latest OS on their devices and they give the run around to not even do it at all. They tell you to go to the device manufacturer and then the manufacturer says it is the network that does it. They ** all suck and kiss my ** on this. I am from now on getting a unlocked phone. They suck so bad, my mouth is tasteless and want nothing anymore. They make me so sick to think that companies are this bad.

Nougat to be released on the 22nd of August and Marshmallow is a year old and not one single device of theirs has Marshmallow, and that even their Flagship Galaxy Samsung S6 has Lollipop that is a two year old OS. What is up with them? Two years behind the time and I got this ZTE Citrine v717vl that was release the beginning of 2016. Almost a whole year after Marshmallow and no Marshmallow on it. They keep saying they have nothing to do with it. It is ZTE that does this and ZTE say they have nothing to do with it. I know Tracfone does but they just suck so bad.

Not a damn English speaking person to talk to. They are all Indian. If they screw my account up and data, minutes, and text. I am going to be so pissed off. More than I am now. Great budget service for emergency phones but terrible and worst customer service to even be dealt with. So many horror stories with these guys. I read maybe a few good stories to a trillion horror stories. That is very sad. How are these guys still around? Must be all Indians using this service to keep them alive. All I know is no matter what I am trying my ** off to get a unlocked phone from now on so I can choose any network I please. Then these guys can literally kiss my **. Oh well, bastards like this, should never have a business. Money grabbing vampire suckers.

I purchased a TracFone online on May 31, 2016. Phone arrived on June 3rd after being on the line with several customer reps, I could never get the service to work. I informed them that I was returning the phone back for a refund. The return slip that was included on my package did not have a scan bar so FedEx could not pick up the package. I called customer service, after being on the line with them for several minutes, the rep sent me another packing slip, however it had a different return address than what was on the first return slip.

I returned the phone using that slip on June 10, it was delivered on June 13th. I called about my refund several times. I was told that the phone was sent to the wrong place and they had to request the phone from their own Product Recovery Office. I called on July 28th, was given a confirmation number and told that I would received my refund after they received the phone. I called on August 18th, was told that I should received my refund within 30 days, however it only took 1 day to charge my credit card.

I have had an android phone through tracfone for a while, the phone does not have much memory. You can not add very many apps to phone. My sister bought one earlier this month, and she is not happy with it. Her phone has very little memory on it. She even deleted all the app and it still does not have much memory. Very disappointed with this company.

I have been a very satisfied customer for many years until now. I was notified recently by TracFone that my 2G phone would need to be replaced by a 3G phone and it would be free of charge. After receiving it and activating it I noticed I was missing my calls when my phone was in my purse due to very faint ring tones. After talking to customer service and trying to find a louder tone, I was told that if I wanted a phone with a louder ring tone I could PURCHASE one! I told her that sounded like a SCAM to me! Are the tones intentionally made soft on the free phones so you will be forced to purchase a phone that actually does what it is supposed to do??? I have deactivated my account and will be going with a dependable, principled, and customer oriented provider.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TracFone?

For years I have been very happy with my $10 TracFone. I get picked on constantly - but I was fine with my little flip phone! LOL. Never had an issue with it. This year TracFone forced me to replace my 2G. I chose to have them send me one of the "Free" comparable phones. I have had NOTHING but issues. It will not connect to my Bluetooth system, I can't get calls to go through, even in areas that have very good coverage. Texting is a nightmare on this thing. When I attempted to contact TracFone using their "Chat" option. There was obviously NO human on the other end. Received obvious computer generated responses. Sorry to say, they're forcing me to get out of the TracFone program. My advice - Don't bother.

I was a loyal and satisfied TracFone customer for 4 years until May of this year, when TracFone’s service basically fell apart on me. Since then, I've had nothing but grief with Tracfone. Here is a timeline of the problems I've experienced, one after another. I received a new 3G compatible phone, but it crashed after about a week (Two calls to customer service). I was without service for one week. New replacement phone arrived, but it failed to activate (Four calls to customer service totaling about 6 hours). Phone was finally activated, but in the process I mysteriously lost 200 minutes of prepaid airtime. Customer service gave me only 10 minutes to compensate me for the loss of 200 minutes. Overall, I was without phone service for two weeks.

My phone has been working fine for two months but when I purchased a prepaid card at a local retailer yesterday, my troubles began again. When I tried to add the time/minutes on my phone, I received a message that said, "System unavailable. Try again later." After several failed attempts to add the minutes, I called customer service for assistance (My call with three different service representatives lasted more than two hours). No help there. In fact, my problems multiplied.

I was told my phone number did not match the serial number on my phone because my phone number had been changed without permission or notice; my long-time phone number could not be reattached to the phone, meaning that I would have to contact multiple parties such as doctors and banks that have my phone number in their records, not to mention friends and relatives; they informed me that the TracFone phone card that I'd purchased at a local retailer had an invalid PIN, so it could not be used to add minutes and time to my account; to recover the $99.99 plus tax that I spent on the card, I was told by customer service that I'd have to return it to the retailer, with no guarantee from TracFone that I'd get my money back.

The next day, I went to the retailer who said the airtime card was non-refundable. I called TracFone customer service again and was told that they had a policy against reimbursing customers either in minutes or cash for bad cards. I would have to eat the $100 loss. I truly feel that TracFone is doing everything it can, short of cancellation, to get rid of me as a customer.

Wanted to add minutes. Needed to update credit card info to new address. After entering the info, and hitting Submit, it came back with an invalid billing phone number. I used their live chat. She said I would have to talk with a customer service rep. Called and she said to try it again. I did, got the same thing. Then she said to add a new credit card. I did, and got the same thing - everything correct except it shows the same invalid phone number - a Rhode Island 401-** number. I live in TN. She could do nothing. Totally putout with whatever is going on at TracFone. Not sure what to do now except cancel my phone.

I've had TracFone for years. I use to buy a 60 minute card. It made 120 minutes last for 1.14 days then I got a new Treasure phone. Had 1350 minutes on it. Only had it 3 months out of time cut my phone off. I sent to Family Dollar. Got a 60 minute card which supposed to x by 3 making it 180 minutes it to cut off. I called fussed. They said, "we'll put 100 minutes on your phone." Well guess what it's cut off again. I'm tired of TracFone's **. I'm out of the cost of my new Treasure phone but they're out of a longtime customer.

I was on the phone for three hours trying to add minutes. I ask for a supervisor the lady said she was a supervisor. I do not think she was. When I asked a question I would waiting to answer me. I would wait a few minutes and have to say hello. This went on and on every time I asked a question. I got sick of her not saying anything. I asked if she have a supervisor. I was on hold for a hour and ten minutes. I ask if she could have a supervisor call me. I told her asap then she said I would have to give her a time and date. I called their HQ at 1-800-339-9345. And I got a lady that could enter my credit card number right. They have very poor service.

I tried to add minutes to my TracFone this morning, but they never showed up. So I called them and was told that my phone would no longer work and they'd send me a new one... this is of course after I already spent money to add airtime to the old one. I could not understand much of what the first person I spoke with was saying, she kept saying "Give me a moment". She said that at least 10 times before she told me my phone wouldn't work any more. I asked to speak with someone else and again couldn't understand what they were saying. They both had accents that were very heavy.

Finally she tells me that in 10 days I'll get a new phone and will have to call back to activate it. I asked if I would be getting a phone either as new or newer than the one I have, she told me whatever was in their warehouse! I told her if it was an old flip phone they'd get it back and I'd find another cell provider. She then told me "I can assure you that EVERYONE got a letter". REALLY? I talked to 6 TracFone users and only 2 of them got letters. When she assured me that everyone got letters and I told her I didn't she had no answer. I'm sure there will be all sorts of problems with and if the new phone comes. Thank God I have a house phone. I am so dissatisfied with this company and their customer service. I may just go to another provider and forget about TracFone forever.

Tried to change my wife's Android to an iPhone. I couldn't get it to work after spending 3-4 hours on their chat session, getting 3 ticket numbers, and 3 sim cards in the mail. The net result was that her phone got unlisted because TracFone made a computer error, and is unable to fix it. The worst service I have ever seen...and you can't call them, because you are put on HOLD often (while they handle another customer) and are charged for the call. BEWARE of this cheap company. It's not worth it!!!

My husband and I use TracFone Family Value Plan. It's cheap and works for our needs. I pay by Credit Card using their Automatic Payment option. A day before our next automatic payment, I received a notice from our Bank telling me that our credit card had been compromised. They cancelled it and ordered us a new card. I had to wait for the new card in order to add it to our TracFone account. As luck would have it, the payment to TracFone was due the next day after my card was closed. I received an email from TracFone to call them to make my payment. I called when I received our new card, a day later. She put me through a long and involved security check... name, address, phone, zip code, country, card info., security question etc etc. she did this... TWICE... while also putting me on hold several times! She told me she was adding the card to the account (except she didn't).

Once that was done, I asked her to make the payment for our August Family plan. She said she would take care of it (except she didn't). I double checked with her at the end and asked her if she had remembered to use the Family Value Plan and to be sure BOTH phones were on it... she said she had us set up correct (except it wasn't). My husband's phone rang to tell him his minutes were added. My phone never rang. I went to our credit card account to see if the payment had posted. It had, but it was for the wrong amount! So, I called AGAIN. Same process. I couldn't have been clearer.

She told me that my husband was signed up for the 50 min value plan. I told her that this was wrong and asked her to PLEASE cancel that plan and set up the Family Plan with both of us on it. She said she took care of it (except she didn't). My phone never rang. Our Credit Card had not been charged for my phone. I gave up. I couldn't deal with it anymore. Note: I tried to take care of this myself, online, before calling them... forgot to mention this earlier. I was not able to add the card and both of our phones showed "blocked from value plan"???

Today I went into our account, saw that she had NOT changed my husband to "Family Value Plan". I also saw that neither one of the cust service reps had added the new card to our account. SO, what were they doing the whole time they had me on the phone? Why put me through that and do nothing (except one thing and it was the WRONG thing). Don't they have access to our history or notes about our card not being accepted? It seems all I should have needed to do is call to make a payment and add our new card to our account.

I was able to add the new card today thankfully. I also went in and cancelled my husband's plan. And I was also able to access the Family Value Plan and sign up for the new service. Apparently they had, at least, unblocked us from using the value plan, making it possible for me to take care of things myself. Why we were blocked I do not know. Very frustrating!

This month when I went to add more minutes to my phone... it would NOT allow my info to add the minutes. I was told that the phone I had would no longer work and that I would get a new phone to replace the old one. I had been told before that the old phone would NOT work past Dec. 2016. OK... so I call and was told that I needed a new phone (they had already sent one). I told them I had the new phone and someone said I would have to get a SIM card to activate it. I was told I would get it by Wednesday. I received a package on Saturday... which contained another new phone... (so why another new phone instead of the SIM card like I was told)... anyway my daughter got on the phone to get all of this fixed. She was told the old minutes could NOT be transferred but was told she could go buy another card for more minutes in order to transfer the old minutes (WHAT?) Eventually the phone agent HUNG up on her.

I told her that I would take care of this problem. After about 45 minutes and several transfers I finally was sent to a SUPERVISOR. I had 341.50 minutes left on the old phone. I was told several times that they could only give me 150 minutes... NOPE... I wanted what was left on my phone. Eventually Lewis did some research and got the minutes transferred to my new phone. Had I known this was going to be such an ISSUE then I would NOT have bothered with it to begin with. I have had this phone several years now. One would think that people would be TRAINED correctly to be able to do their job. TRACFONE CUSTOMER SERVICE STINKS. I did NOT like spending my Sunday afternoon talking to these people trying to get something which was mine to begin with. So I have the phone for 3 more months... perhaps I will do something else by the time 3 months are up. I do NOT need any more hassles in my life to deal with.

Phone quit working during warranty period. I was enrolled in autopay. I returned phone in FedEx envelope that was sent to me. I got the replacement phone and called to activate it. I was told the my phone number was deactivated. They could not activate with the old phone number and minutes. After several minutes of discussion I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that they would tell me the same thing that she was trying to "educate" me on. I insisted on speaking to a supervisor which I was placed on hold for several minutes.

Finally a man came on and told me that he could activate the new phone with the old number but all minutes, data etc. would be lost. While the old phone was in transit to them my autopay date had occurred, my card was not charged and therefore the phone deactivated. I could not sign up with the same autopay rate since my phone was deactivated but they could give me the old number. So I had to pay a full price plan and then he enrolled me in autopay to start 3 months later at the discounted rate I was previously getting.

You get what you pay for - cheap service which equates to horrible customer service. My advice to tracfone - Explain to people what your procedures are and "educate" your customer service reps in politeness. If they are polite customers will be polite too. If they are rude, customers will be rude. Also you may want to teach them that women are ma'ams not sirs.

Five weeks ago I bought a Motorola Moto E smartphone to with my TracFone service. I've been Tracfone customer 10+ years, but previously with basic/feature phones. A week ago I discovered my voice minutes were decreasing without calls being made, nor received. I started with 1550 minutes, and now showing only 1050. I'm on vacation and rarely called out of the phone, and only received a few calls, so this was easy to spot. I called & reported the problem, and was advised to keep a journal to better support my claim. I did that. Over the 3 days I checked my balance every morning and found call minutes decreasing each morning, tho no call activity to or from my phone. Each day they tried to 're-activate' the phone. Each day the loss of mins continued.

On the 3rd day the tech had me text to myself on the phone. After the text my call mins decreased by 86! He was quite surprised as was I. He changed some acct settings and had me re-activate the phone. The following morning my acct had decreased by 33 call minutes, again with no calls made, nor received. Yesterday I transferred remaining minutes back to my old basic phone. I started with 1550 mins with the Moto E smartphone. I'm now at about 900 mins on my old phone and overnight no call minutes disappeared. If I hadn't been on vacation, I would've never caught this THEFT.

I've completed 3 'experience surveys' initiated by TracFone, detailing my experience. Although I've asked them to follow-up with me, I've not heard back. In more than 10 years with their service, I've never had such poor service, nor apathy on their part. They just don't care. When my call minutes get lower, I'll be looking at all carriers for my area. They've probably lost my business, as they don't seem to care.

I had over 300 minutes on my phone, but when another 120 were added from a TracFone card, my previous minutes were deleted. They keep telling me I had no prior minutes, but I did. I have talked to different people and got NOWHERE, so I just threw my money away. What has happened to TracFone? They used to be good, but now, I warn people to stay away, and I am going to AT&T or another company. I make too much money to qualify for Safe Link, but those of you who are low income may want to check that out. I am checking AT&T (unlimited service for $45 monthly) which my son has after leaving TracFone, or Consumer Cellular, Jitterbug, or another company similar to them. I empathize with each of you.

I have been having many issues with this company for a very long time. The first issue was that it would only let certain people call me and get through so when I called to talk to someone about this they basically told me that there was nothing that they could do, even though this was not a problem for years before this December. So I kind of said whatever and continued with the service then all of the sudden I go to add minutes and the bank denied it.

So I talked to the bank and they said that TracFone was not sending the expiration date with the order. So I called to talk to customer service and told them exactly what my bank said and they just kept repeating "you need to call your bank" and were very rude about it. We went back and forth for about a month and still nothing was done. So now I tried it again and it is still a problem, after about 4 months. So now I have been sitting without a phone for months. I do not even have a house phone. I'm very disappointed with this service and it used to be so good. WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU GUYS!!!

"This account does not have enough money?" **! So according to my minutes, I have 276.5 minutes left and 149 days of service left. However, they're trying to tell me that I have "no money" left on my account. What kind of garbage is this? I bought this phone to try to save money, not to have my phone tell me that I suddenly can't ** use it without spending more. ** you and your ** service, TracFone. I'm livid about this **.

I was notified about TracFone changing one of their phone providers. The phone I had was impacted and I was told that I would get a new phone with comparable features. My old phone had blue tooth and a camera. The new one does NOT. To me this is not comparable. I tried to correct this with the customer service people. NO luck. I was told I could buy a new phone with what I wanted and they would help me switch the service around and keep my same phone #. I filled out a complaint with BBB.

Took TracFone a while to get around to me. I gave them all the info I had and it seemed that it was going to be corrected. I got a rude E-mail saying that I rejected the offers which is NOT true and they said I could buy a phone with what I wanted same as before. SO NO NEW offer, they then lied to the BBB and said they went out of the way and rejected the offers. NOT TRUE. This is really sad as I have used this product for many years. You would think they would want to be a long time customer happy.

Phone broke within warranty period. Was returned to TF as requested. Was promised new phone upon receipt of old one. This did not happen. Called TF many times... canned irrelevant answers to questions. Complained to FCC... that got their attention. I urge all on here to CONTACT THE FCC ABOUT UNRESOLVED TF ISSUES - THIS is the most viable option you have. I believe that TF will be investigated by the FCC once a critical mass of complaints is received. It does not take long and is the right thing to do.

Been a TracFone customer over 20 yrs but my recent issue with them makes me very unhappy and regret that I have to continue using them. My original TracFone needed to be replaced and they sent me a replacement. The big problems started when attempting to transfer my units and phone number. WHAT A NIGHTMARE! The rep had an accent (naturally) and had no patience at all. For whatever reason my old number could not be transferred but later in the conversation she said it was. Total time for this call including wait time was over an hour.

Once off the phone thinking I was all set my phone number was not an active one. Called them back and elected to have someone call me back within 30 minutes. After an hour I did get the return call and before I could even speak to a human I was placed on hold. Very disgusted so I hung up and went to the website. Heard a beep on the replacement phone and realized I was assigned a new phone number. I hate this company!

My phone rarely rings. Sometimes I get voice mails 15 hours after the message is left. If I die in two weeks because I am homeless because I couldn't get a job because every employer who calls me on the phone can't get through, I guess I won't be able to sue TracFone, because I'll be dead. Maybe I should file a motion today, before I am dead. I will consider it.

Everything was fine until they switched from 2G to 3G. I had my TracFone account for approximately 10 years without problems, until 1 day last April/May 2016. I was over 100 miles from home and purchased a card to add minutes. The phone would not update and instead supplied a 1-800 phone number to call. About an hour of conversation, (on the store phone where I purchased the card) amounted to a change in network that would render my phone unusable and they were offering a replacement phone (Free of charge).

My complaint with the way this was handled, deals with the near daily sales offers on my phone and not once was this important change or adjustment even mentioned. I was forced to stand in the store, giving personal information (that was already information of record) on the store phone (in a public setting). I had already tried using my cell phone to call the 1-800 number. It was charged to my phone as a call, used up the last remaining minutes and cut-off. Away from home, I had no other way to call them.

The replacement phone arrived about 2-3 weeks later and required a phone call, to set up (Which was expected), and which I did. But When I purchased the next phone card, minutes would not add, and I found myself standing in a gas station, trying to learn what the problem was. Another set-up of some sort was the reason given. My question then and now... why did they not send a text message, to alert of a potential problem and/or a need to do anything additional, prior to the purchase of the minutes? Also, why is there no way to call Tracfone without a fee or use of minutes on the phone that they supplied. I asked this question, and was supplied with another number - and it also charged my phone.

After that episode, I called Tracfone to complain about a peculiar buzzing that seemed to happen every time I used the phone and also to complain about the lack of a “block caller” ability (An important feature on tracfone, as all incoming calls cost minutes). My previous phone had a call-blocker feature and this replacement phone did not. After close to an hour, the customer service agent indicated that she thought the phone might be defective and would send a replacement. I asked if it was to be another phone like the first as I did not want a duplicate like the phone that was giving me trouble.

The agent informed me that was all that she could do and then told me I would no longer be able to use the phone, she was cutting it off. "Nooo", I told her I did not want that to happen. What I wanted was a phone with the same functions that I had prior. Eventually, she told me that a phone would be sent, but she had no way of knowing what it would be. She promised that she would not disconnect the phone I was using.

While waiting for the new phone, I discovered a blog where others were complaining of the same mysterious buzz on the same phone model. As it turns out, it was a default setting that is designed to alert you when the call you placed has been answered. Very annoying feature, if you have not used it on a previous device and are unaware that it is a default setting, or even aware of what it is intended to be. So at least that problem was solved. Still suffering with-out a call block capability, but at least the vibrate feature was found and disabled (no thanks to tracfone). About 2 weeks pass and the replacement phone arrives. It is identical to the one I am using, and certainly did NOT want. Knowing switching would require at least 2 hours of communications and a loss of the phone numbers recorded, I ignored the phone.

No doubt, you can about guess what happened next. Once again, I am over 100 miles from home, and purchased a phone card, that would not apply. I stood for over an hour, using the Dollar General’s store phone, trying unsuccessfully to get minutes applied to the phone. I went through the first agent trying to set up a new account (in a Public place) to which I kept refusing to disclose information in a public place, that they already had as record. The second agent insisted I could not apply minutes to the phone in hand, because it had been closed. The third insisted that a new sim card would be needed to use the phone.

At this point I expect another 3-6 hours in phone calls trying to set up and use a phone with Tracfone. They have made it abundantly clear that they have no intentions of giving me any sort of phone capabilities until I wait for a new sim card and set up yet another new account. In addition, I spent $20.00 on minutes that were NOT available for use then or even now. None of which makes sense, not to mention, it has left me without the use of a cell phone and cell number that I have been using for years, forced to wait until either a sim card is shipped or I set-up the third phone, or purchase another new phone. To be honest I am not even certain exactly, what needs to happen.

Worst of all, no communication to alert of pending changes either by text message or USP mail. These nasty turn-of-events, are only communicated at the time of a purchase of minutes, (that once purchased can not be returned, or redeemed) and are often purchased in a place or destination that is near impossible to resolve, putting the user at an extreme disadvantage, both mentally and physically, asking for personal information in a public setting, without any way to avoid or handle in a private setting (Their answer to this problem is to gain a credit card number and charge minutes over the phone, or email account set up and charge via internet). Possibly, they are trying to discourage the purchase of minutes from a retail store, so by making it difficult, customers will either change their purchase method or change carriers, not sure the intended goal here.

As of today, I have unused minutes and no cell service. Very upsetting. Customer service communications have largely been repetitive, with lots of “I’m sorry you are having this difficulty. Thank you for your patience. May I put you on hold???” Then repeated instructions read from a script that neither help or solve the problem. On some level, they have to be aware they are disrupting service. It raises the question of intent, as the only way for me to have service on the number I have been using for years, is to go purchase another phone today or wait 2-3 weeks, and hopefully be able to either set up the sim card or the other phone. Very uncertain, at this point.

Having already tried to purchase a tracfone smart phone, that is mostly unusable, I am not keen on this solution either. It also raises the question of why, they are waiting until after the purchase of a card to notify of issues relating to service. Having used tracfone for years, without problems, I am very disappointed by these events. As of today, I do not have cell service and uncertain when this will be fixed.

Notified by TracFone that my existing phone was being upgraded to the newer 3G network. I have tried for over 3 weeks to activate the new phone by web & the standard landline and Nothing happens except I'm told to call back in 15-30 minutes. Done this so many times I lost track of the number. Still no service on the 3G phone but they keep warning me by email and text messages on the old 2G phone that I will lose all of the minutes I already paid for.

The first call took some time before actually talking to someone & she finally said she would have to send a new Sim card & call back after I received & installed it from another phone, which I did, from my home phone which cost .10 a minute when calling out (just use internet). I finally got someone & after all the information she said she would have to transfer me. OK. After doing this all over again with another person she said she would need to transfer me again. So this time it was a guy in which all info again. I told him what I was trying to do so he told me I needed to add a code to the phone. After doing so I looked at my phone number which was not my old one but another like came with the new phone. Long story & $5.80 later I'm waiting on another new Sim card & try this all over again. When I changed from Verizon to Straight Talk in the past it was a LOT less time & did it over the phone right then to keep my old number.

Even though I've had minutes on my phone, over a 10000, they keep disconnecting my service. I've spent hours on the phone, yes hours, trying to get this corrected. The last person I talked with started to flip me to someone else and I told her I was tired of their incompetence and after 20 years I'd had enough. I picked up my phone a couple of day later and it was working fine. Today it's not working again. Over 20 yrs, this has been their record with me. Complete arrogance, don't know, don't care and well developed sense of rudeness.

I called TracFone and spoke with the Unlocking Department. I found phones for a very good price and wanted some for friends etc. When spoke with the Unlocking Department, I gave them the IMEI numbers of the phones I was interested in. The guy I spoke with told me the phones were Unlocked. I purchased the phones and tried to put in a SIM from a different carrier and the phone came up as "NETWORK LOCKED". I called back Tracfone and they were NOT NICE. I spoke with the Unlocking department and they quoted locking policy. I repeatedly mentioned to them the previous agent has stated the phones were UNLOCKED. The associate got nasty with me. I asked for a manager and they refused. I said that Tracfone had "LIED" to me stating the phones were unlocked when they were clearly LOCKED. The girl got angry and hung up on me.

I called back. I asked for a manager immediately. They refused. They again routed me to the Unlocking department where I spoke with a guy the 2nd time. Basically long story short, the exact same conduct happened. TracFone refused to acknowledge that they had been DISHONEST and MADE a FALSE CLAIM. They threatened to hang up. They quoted Unlocking policy. They did anything but attempt the resolve the issues of TracFone making false claims about their products.

TracFone is NOT a USA company. They are owned SOUTH of the border. This is my first experience with business south of the border. I am not impressed

and they have a reputation for a reason. TracFone is getting bad reviews for a reason. TracFone doesn't seem to be interested in providing Accurate Information about their company, business practices, products or customer service. It is too bad TracFone is this way so I will be switching to FreedomPop ASAP. I do NOT recommend TracFone or any of its other companies, Net10, StraightTalk and more. Telecommunication companies are becoming increasingly more competitive and prices are dropping. It is too bad there are companies like TracFone with such horrible customer service. I am not impressed.

The due date for 'top-ups' for minutes never changed before. I've had a TracFone for several years now. Suddenly, in the past couple of months, if my due date says the 10th of the month and I top-up on the 8th my new due date is the 7th or 8th. The original due date always remained the same. I spoke with a rep. and go nowhere. I asked to speak to a supervisor... Got nowhere, again! I know they are instructed to repeat the same story over and over again, but when a customer has had their product for years, they should realize that they sound ridiculous! I am now switching to a regular cell phone company. I know it will cost more but I doubt if there will be any cheating!

I had no idea the account info showing my available minutes was inaccurate. I ran out of text minutes without knowing. My account showed 857. I got fired from my job because I missed a message about a meeting. Couldn't access my account online. Called customer service from my landline, putting it on speaker for the one hour+ wait. When the foreigner finally came on I started to explain that I lost my job because I unknowingly ran out of minutes and can't access my account for that info from anywhere. He kept repeating some script answers then disconnected me! Customer service from this company has devolved to Third World insanity. Nothing we can do about it. If, like me, you can't afford cell service from a real provider you're at their mercy. Unless you're willing to put up with never knowing your balance and having no one to speak to for answers or help you should spend your money elsewhere.