1.76/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 25, 2018

2125 TracFone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 25, 2018

Tracfone has possibly the worst customer service of any company I have experienced in my 50 years of life. The service frequently has problems and when you contact customer service and let them know for example; (my experience today) where they charged my credit card for added service dates and minutes 20 days ago, but the service never was added to my account. After calling them and going through numerous things, minutes were added to my phone (90 minutes) but only 14 days... This is a 30 day service extension payment. At this point they want to get off the phone because they feel that everything is now correct... I explain, "Wait... You only gave me 14 days..." Then they want to argue. This goes on for 15 minutes where the customer service rep wants to argue that I was given 30 days 16 days prior... Well the phone wouldn't work for this time... She argues that it did... It did not.

Her records should easily show that I was only credited today but charged weeks earlier and have had a phone that would not work for weeks... Apparently this doesn't matter. She keeps repeating the same stuff, never acknowledging the problem of getting less than I had paid for. I ask for a supervisor eventually... She transfers me, not to a supervisor but to another rep... We start over... He also comes to say that it is my fault for not contacting customer service earlier, apparently Tracfone has no obligation to deliver what you pay for 20 days earlier. He admits there is nothing he can do. I simply want to add 16 days to my plan, nothing more than I paid for. He says he will transfer me to the refund department, but first he has to check with his supervisor... I said, "Please let me speak to your supervisor if possible..." He says, "Please hold..." Lo and behold I speak to the supervisor. (Which is nearly a miracle apparently).

She wants to give me the same argument basically, they all seem to have the same accent, my guess is from a country where people are always asking for more than what they are due, so all they tell you is no. I explain to her, "Look, I am not asking for anything more than what I paid for... I paid for 30 days, you gave me 14 days, I have been a customer for years, I can move my service anywhere else... Does Tracfone take any responsibility for when their service does not work?" Finally she agrees that I am owed 16 more days and she goes through a long process to make that happen.

At this point I am no longer thankful, I am frustrated that I had to spend an hour on the phone and get so angry that I raised my voice several times because their customer service is being completely unreasonable. I cannot stress this enough... If you do not want hassles and bad service, run from Tracfone. They are cheap, but their service is horrible.

My account will end soon, I just have over 2000 prepaid minutes on the service right now and it has kept me with them through numerous customer service problems just like this. Yes that is right... This same thing or something similar has happened before. Tracfone never ever owns their end of the bargain... You pay, you get no service... It is not Tracfone's fault... That is their attitude again and again. Other companies would apologize, see their mistake and give you the service and might even compensate you for wasting your time with a credit or a refund... Not Tracfone... They always take the track that it is not their fault and they cannot help you.

Original review: April 24, 2018

My 95-year-old mother in law had a TracFone that suddenly had auto renew added which I discovered after two billing cycles. Called TracFone and talked to hard to understand person who said there would be no refund as they don't do refunds even if they made up the charges. I said give me the money back, take the minutes and days back and we'll cancel the service. Nope. Can't give money back. So I hung up. Then they cancelled the service even though we now had 1795 minutes and 711 days on the phone. Called again today and after talking to three non-understandable people they said no refund and no reactivation of the phone that we had paid for on their fake charges. Really? You can't just turn on the phone instead of ripping me off? Nope. The worst company since Comcast. Go anywhere else but here and I don't mean maybe.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Ordered a phone that was promised to work in our area. Guess what?? It didn't! So they refunded the price of the phone (after about an hour on the phone) but would NOT refund the airtime card price. Please tell me what good an airtime card is on a phone that doesn't work?? We returned the card and the phone and only got a refund on the phone. After many frustrating and infuriating go-rounds with them they would NOT refund it. NO MORE TRACFONE!!!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had my son set up with a TracFone. He lost the phone and I tried to cancel the automatic service - there is no way to do this online. They do not provide a working phone number (the number on their website loops you into an automatic line that hangs up on you every time), and when I finally got a working phone number for customer service from their online chat people, they refused to refund me the automatic charge. BEWARE!! DO NOT USE TRACFONE OR GIVE THEM CREDIT CARD INFORMATION.

Original review: April 17, 2018

TracFone would not allow me to delete my credit card number. I am replacing that card with a new one. I will therefore delete the account. This is the 3rd phone we have transferred from TracFone to another provider.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TracFone?

Original review: April 17, 2018

Short version: Take elevator to highest floor and toss your TracFone! Long version: Junk product. Hours on phone attempting to correct phone issues. Three SIM cards. One month with no phone. Told I need a new phone! Canceled service with eleven hundred minutes remaining! When you call expect non clear English, folks yapping/laughing in background, being put on/off hold for up to one hour. When asked to speak to Supervisor I was transferred to a recorded message concerning phone theft/phone records. No live voice. I have read phone reviews of other phone companies and many have major issues. No phone for me. No charging. No buzzing. No web. No fees. I'll use the money to purchase "happy meals". Press #5 to cancel.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I purchase TracFone's free Samsung Galaxy Stardust Android and received this phone in the mail and the phone was not secure in the box. Then the phone look like it was used but I ignored it. The screen protectors that was sent in the box are not the right size for the phone. Then when I tried to charge the phone because it was not fully charged the charger and cable would not work. I contacted TracFone about receiving a new charger and cable for the phone because I can't charge it. They just sent me a charger in the mail but did not send a cable with it.

I contacted TracFone again to say I received the charger but didn't received the cable with it. Their response was a charger cannot be sent without the cable. I told them only the charger was sent in the mail but they still refuse to believe me and said, "You cannot receive another one." Now the only way I can charge this phone is buy one myself which is sad. The design, the features and battery life for this phone are not good. I would not recommend this phone or their service to anyone because this is the worst experience I've had from a phone company.

Original review: April 14, 2018

When you purchase a new phone you don't know the carrier and some locations require certain carriers. You can explain things to the techs but they won't listen. I have spent up to four hours on the phone and got nothing done. I spent three hours on the phone today with no results and I finally gave up. You can't get anyone with any authority to talk to. I would not recommend them for anyone. They are the most unprofessional people around.

Original review: April 13, 2018

In January 2018, I purchased a phone and air time plan that was valid through May 1. After a dozen texts exchanged with one person, the phone quit working. I contacted TracFone's customer service and they advised I had consumed all of my purchased texts/minutes despite me having proof in my phone I only consumed a dozen text messages. I know of at least one other person who had the same exact problem at about the same time, which leads me to believe there was an issue with TracFone's system at that time.

Regardless of the proof you have in your defense, TracFone's canned and only response to resolution is to tell you all of your texts/minutes have been consumed and your only option is to buy another plan. This "solution" was repeated to me at every personnel level I interacted with. If you need a pre-paid service, I would recommend trying any of the other companies before TracFone. Maybe in this market you will get more of the same, but it's certainly worth a try to go with someone else before settling with TracFone.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I eventually bought a total of 3 of these phones within 24 hours because I needed to provide one to an elderly person. I also bought 2 sets of minutes, one set of which disappeared into nothingness when the first phone was deactivated. These phones do everything except make and receive phone calls. Once activated, when trying to place a call, I got a recording that said "Your temporary passcode to activate your phone has been defaulted to the last 4 digits of your phone number. Press 1 for English." After pressing 1, the recording said "That is an invalid entry." It then said to "Hold while we connect you with a customer support representative," after which the call was disconnected. This happened consistently ALL DAY LONG.

After spending 3 hours with tech support via Chat and 2 phone calls to the 800 number, they said first that it was user error (I wasn't pressing "1" correctly) and that finally, when it became clear that it was not user error, it was a bad SIM card. I took the phone back where I bought it and exchanged the phone for a new one, but when that was done, the minutes I had previously purchased "disappeared." I called customer support before attempting to activate the second phone to be sure I did everything correctly.

After activating the 2nd phone and paying for more minutes, the EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED. Same recordings, and still unable to make or receive a phone call with this phone! I purchased a 3rd phone that was a little bit of an upgrade than the first 2, but wasn't able to transfer the minutes to it. This has been a total waste of time and an absolute exercise in futility. I will NEVER do this again. It has been such a frustrating experience. Save yourself the aggravation. Find something else.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Wanted to upgrade to a better phone so saw a deal on QVC that would do that. Not a lot of money but enough. Called in to activate new phone. Got person who could not speak very good English, of course. Gave information to activate and transfer remaining points from phone I did have. She said I would have to wait till time ran out on old phone before new phone would kick in? I knew better than that so called back again. Got a fairly fluent English speaking person. Said no problem, was gone for long time with my information... Came back and said all set. Next day new phone will be up and running. Next day --- nothing new!

Called QVC and they were nice as pie, very clear English speech, etc. Verified the plan I had paid them for and gave me # to call @ Tracfone cause they couldn't do anything. Has to come from them. Called Tracfone... Got an excellent tech guy. Walked him through problem. Within 10 minutes had my new phone up and running and my triple time for life or so I thought.

Still missing one of the 3 sites I was to get with program. Called you know who again. Broken English, reading from a paper as to what to do, etc. Excused herself for few minutes while fixing the problem. Now listen to this one. She said she had brought up my new phone number and read me the remaining time for phone, text & data. Phone & text were right but she said I had used up over 1200 of my data already. I asked her how that could be when it was never put on my new phone? Said she didn't know but it had been used. Giant rip off they used to sell on QVC program. So be very careful what you are buying from Tracfone from anywhere. You get what you pay for and sometimes you don't get anything. I quit... Will use my text and messages up and never renew with them again.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I purchased a phone as an emergency since the landline where my elderly mother lives was not working. After activating the phone I tried making a phone call and the phone was just stuck in a loop asking me to press 1 for English 2 for Spanish and when I pressed an option saying it was incorrect. I contacted customer support which did not help. I was raised to Level 2 support to have the person tell me I had to follow the instructions and that my phone was active even though I could not make or receive calls after activating. IF I could give this company less stars I would.

Original review: April 9, 2018

They would not let me cancel my auto-refill plan. I was charged twice for the plan I had tried to cancel (the message kept saying that they were updating my phone and as such wouldn't let me make any changes to my account). I wasn't even able to update my payment information so that the charges wouldn't come out of my account. I tried to contact customer service many times but was unable to talk to a human. When I finally got through to customer service (this is after days of trying different avenues), I was told that they wouldn't refund the money that had come out of my account. I spoke with the manager and she said it was company policy not to refund the money. Very disappointed with the lack of available customer service and lack of integrity.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I just called TracFone for the first time to activate a phone. I could not comprehend the service woman due to extremely broken English. When I nicely commented that I could not understand her, she immediately accused me of being a racist. I told her I was Native American and **. She continued to accuse me of being a racist then hung up on me stating I couldn't call again. I could hear it was an offshore call center, jobs that should had went to Americans. Once again, someone or ones within the US government or a pal of theirs, are making big money on these phones offshoring them to lower waged nonAmericans, meaning no taxes paid here. I also noted in the search engine TracFones are government giveaways. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I drive a lot for work so want an emergency phone to stay with my vehicle in case I forget my daily phone as I too often do. I bought the TracFone Alcatel Raven because it's advertised as having "blazing fast" speeds on Verizon's 4G LTE network. I've had the phone a month now. Setting it up was a nightmare--mostly because EVERYTHING on the phone takes so long to execute. I remember the early flip phones (before smartphones) on which accessing the web was a joke because they were just so slow. TracFone is even worse. Tonight I'd forgotten my phone at my office about 100 miles away from where I realized I didn't have it, so I pulled out the TracFone to download an app I needed to do something critical. I started downloading the small app, drove FIVE towns away on the highway, and as I got off the highway I looked at the phone in dismay as it told me only 9% of the tiny app had downloaded.

So I ran some errands to waste time. An hour later I was parked in front of a library with the phone reading less than 50% of the app downloaded. Finally arriving back home, I turned the phone off and threw it back in my glove compartment, the app NOT downloaded. Nothing I do improves internet access speed. It most certainly isn't 4G LTE as advertised. The phone feels, not just cheap, but toy-ish. It fails to recognize touch-input often or is so imprecise touch input is often impractical. And customer support is non-existent. If you don't want to be bogged down by a contract AND you don't want to pay Verizon's or AT&T's exorbitant monthly rates just for a phone you rarely use, there are MANY vastly superior options than TracFone. TracFone is the Walmart of fashion stores. Worse, more like the dumpster-diving of restaurants. Stay away from this product if you at all can.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Before there were smartphones, they were called cell phones or still are today, but that's not the reason I'm posting this. It's about people like me that can't afford to go into phone plans for $40 or more a month so I've had to use Pay-As-You-Go type plans that only cost me $15 to $20 a month. The phone I have is a smartphone that I could barely afford but anyway, when calls are made (incoming, outgoing, or missed calls) it shows me the length of each call, down to the second. I'd never paid much attention to it before but my curiosity got the best of me to start calculating/adding up what was in my call log. To put it best or an actual example, I ran out of talk time minutes from one day to the next, not knowing that I had until I looked on my phone the next morning when I awoke. Had plenty of "Text" & "Mobile Data" left but talk time was "0".

I thought it was kind of strange that I just ran out of minutes all of sudden but the only thing I could do was go purchase another air-time card. The talk time mins. I purchased was for 200mins. It was then, right after I got the new card, I started calculating my minutes. The first two calls was one for 4 mins:56 secs. & the second, 1min.:01sec. That's 5:57 of mins used/added up. Then I get a incoming call, I look at my caller I.D. but I don't recognize the number, so I don't answer it. Three calls total. Shortly after, I look up on my phone to what is shown by my service provider of how many mins I have left. It's showing me that I have 192 mins of talk time. I'm thinking to myself, that can't be right.

That's 2 mins & :03 secs more than what I have totaled. So I go online and do a "Chat" with one of their reps. This is what I found out. Say for instance, 1:01 of talk time = 2 mins. Incoming calls that I don't answer are deducted from my mins. Going back to what I said previously to start, my very first cell phone was a Tracfone and I can remember that I wasn't charged for mins. that I didn't use. That seems fair, right? So if that's the case, then it's damn sure unfair to charge me mins that I'm not actually using, and again, right? I can't understand what's happened from back in the cellphone days till now but I was told after I chatted with one or two of their reps. that it was how the service is or calculated. I was totally appalled and very disappointed in a company that I've been with since cellphones began. The way it makes me feel is like I'm not getting what I'm paying for and I'm being taken advantage of. (Ripped Off).

Original review: April 6, 2018

When my 8 month old phone got stuck at “searching for service”, I spent three days with TracFone’s offshore Customer Service, whose only help was repeating “Let’s try turning it off and on again… again”. They finally decided to replace the phone. The lady was very clear, saying three times, “We will send you a pouch. Do NOT send your phone back until you receive the new one in 3-5 days.” After a week, I called and was told that they will not consider shipping a new phone until they receive my old one. I sat on it for a week at their instruction! I spoke to a supervisor and then his supervisor. Each one simply read me the same policy, word-for-word. Each person there apparently has one, simple instruction. They've been told a thing to say... and they say it. Who knew there was worse customer service than Verizon?

Original review: April 5, 2018

After 5 hours on the phone over a week's time, I gave up on 3 TracFones with over 1600 minutes. Their staff were completely incompetent - unable to transfer minutes from one phone to another, and in the process one of the phones was rendered unusable in my area... a phone that had been working just fine for years. Never again.

Original review: April 3, 2018

We recently moved from FL to TN. Had to give up our AT&T account because of lack of service here, decided to try to save some money and get two TracFones. Let me start by saying, the phones are okay, not great by any means, but okay, the problems started when we had to contact their help center to get a phone number changed.

The first time I called, I talked with a man from India that had a rudimentary understanding of English, I told him I wanted to change my number, he said "you want to change number". I said "yes", without letting me finish, he hangs up on me and next thing I know my phone does not work! I call back, talk to a woman that has even less of a grasp of the human language, talked with her for OVER 3 hours, no lie, at the end of 3 hours, phone still did not work, she said the tech department was now closed, and I would have to call back tomorrow, sooooooo, again, talked with a man that was so hard to understand. I had to keep asking him to repeat himself. After 2 hours I finally have a working phone. My husband recently had a problem with his phone, again, it took HOURS on the phone with people who just are plain hard to understand. We will Never, ever, ever again go with TracFone.

Original review: April 2, 2018

LG Premier LTE (LG L62VL) - My TracFone is only a few months old and the sim card died. Customer service said it could be due to the battery running down, the phone getting wet or being in a low service area. The battery did not run down, the phone did not get wet and I was not in a low service area. CS said I would receive a replacement in 3-5 business days. I told CS that I believe TracFone sent me a defective sim card and should overnight it. CS told me they could not send anything overnight. A supervisor then told me the only way they ship overnight is if you purchase something. I would not recommend TracFone to anyone.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I've had their phones for about 10 years (because I am on Soc. Sec., poor). After initial poor reception & other issues & getting newer model phones several times, I attempted to switch phones a few years ago: they deactivated my old serial # but were unable to activate the new; after a few days of no service, I had them revert to my old serial #/phone. Mid-March I had 73 minutes & service paid thru 5/28/18. When I attempted to buy additional minutes online, my phone # didn't appear. During live chat I was told I had over 800 minutes (I didn't misunderstand, I used snipping tool to save the chat)!!! I tried to use my phone a few days later & found I could not place calls. I had to wait till I could get back to a computer & when I again used live chat, I was told I had changed my #!!!

Of course I had not but the 800 minute claim makes me wonder if my record on their computer had been corrupted. Kyle kept insisting I had changed my # but finally said he could fix the problem. He got the phone so I could make calls & confirmed I had 73 minutes & service thru 5/28. HE didn't tell me HE had just changed my #! When I went back on live chat, Ann said she had no idea why my # was changed! I had paid for service & they messed up. When I call my "old" #, it is not in service, so logic says they should be able to restore it, but they say they can't. They sold it to me, they deactivated it & any reputable business would attempt to correct their error. I've received one call on the new #: debt collector trying to get me to pay my CC bill. I have no credit card & TracFone has given me the # of a deadbeat! I'm old enough that when people call me & hear my phone is not in service, they will think I'm dead. Thank you, TracFone!

Original review: March 28, 2018

After trying to get a phone to work in Maine for 4 months and returning the phones I am still waiting for a refund for the last 4 months. I was told 4 times that the refund was done but still no refund. I'm 84 years old and this is what they do to the elderly.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The service has been terrible. I bought a triple min. phone and then they say after having it a short while, that they don't do that, only double. Now after three months they don't do double at all. They say now I don't have a double min. phone. :( Now I can't get into my account at all and they say I have to update it first. I can't get into it to update... Then they hung up on me while I wait for a so call supervisor. :( Terrrible service. I hate it... Now I need a different company. Any suggestions?

Original review: March 27, 2018

I have a TracFone that works everywhere so upon my recommendation my sister purchased one. She purchased it for Maine (where she lives) but she tried to activate it in Okeene OK (where I live). It didn't activate. So we asked customer service if she had to activate it in Maine. After 30minutes the rep sent me back to the website to do what I already had done and when it didn't work she just said, "sorry." My question was NEVER answered. I guess the answer is, the phone won't work.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I spent 3 hours trying to get my international calling to work. I had never had a problem before. Everyone I talked to was hard to understand and they all told me the same procedure to solve my problem. It didn’t work. Everyone passed me on to someone else. Horrible representatives. No one knew what they were doing, not even a so called supervisor! I learned my lesson. You get what you pay for with TracFone. I wish I could give them zero stars, that is really what is deserved.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I purchased an LG from a shopping network and the SIM card never worked. I was sent a new SIM card. It did not work. I then was sent a FedEx package to return the phone and cards to TracFone fulfillment center which I did. These people have been total jerks. They DO NOT want to give me a new phone OR return my money. I heard one guy tell me how he was going to get the phone returned to me. I did as I was told and followed the directions. Then they ask for this number next time another number. I have tried to work with them. I called them NUMEROUS times. I had an agent tell me, "Did you know you called us X number of times." YUP and you have my phone AND my money so buy your own lunch.

I want either a NEW phone that works or my money returned. It really doesn't take an Einstein to figure that out; believe you me the TracFone is HORRIBLE with their customer service. They lie, they rip people off, and then a person isn't suppose to get mad. When they're backed in a corner and basically too stupid to answer a question they tell you how they're going to release the call and hang up. Try their customer service you will wait AT LEAST 20 mins and get absolutely nowhere with these idiots. Furthermore, I think they're from a different country because they are immensely difficult to understand YET ALONE ATTEMPT to reason with.... Their brains are like a train just on a single track and nothing can be added if you tried.

I am so disappointed in this experience and with this company. Out of all honesty, TracFone has been a HORRIBLE company to deal with. Buy locally and do NOT deal with these dumb idiots... My Blood pressure escalated to an atrociously high number dealing with this business. VERY RUDE, VERY BULL HEADED. There was a few people who were an asset to TracFone but the majority... should be doing something that has nothing to do with Customer Service or take lessons on how to deal with clients. RIDICULOUS the low level of customer service etiquette. This is a definite and accurate review. I have never had to give a company such a low rating. If there would be a -5 this company would receive it. They are atrocious and steal.

Original review: March 22, 2018

You may pay more somewhere else, but it's worth it. If you have a problem with Tracfone... Too bad. No refunds and long awful customer service. They try to be helpful, but you would be so much better off if you could drive to your local phone store and get your problem resolved by an easy to understand individual. You try to save a buck and boy does it backfire. Never again.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I had 2 TracFone and both had over 1k minutes and 1 was deactivated for no reason so I called them and couldn't get any help. They play this game where they ask for a long list of info & then keep transferring (for hours!) Hoping you'll give up. They also go quiet for a long time hoping you'll hang up but don't fall for it or you'll start all over. I got off that call with nothing resolved only to discover they deactivated my 2nd TracFone. I've spent 10 hrs on the phone in 2 days and nobody will reactivate my account, tell me what happened & one I had had for 20 yrs. Asking for a manager or corporate is a joke-you can tell that they too play the game of let's see how to get rid of this call by transferring them to lots of people who will do nothing and transfer you some more.

I've never seen such rude, unhelpful, & unethical customer service in my life. They seem to care nothing about fixing this problem even though what they've done is fraud, you can't just deactivate service, steal minutes and say, "Tough luck". Right now I have 2 phones that I can't use & $200 worth of minutes gone. I would definitely not recommended TracFone. This has been a nightmare!

Original review: March 20, 2018

I have been lied to when I ordered a replacement phone in that my service would stay active. The phone has yet to leave the facility and my service has been cut off. When I called to address this issue I asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to nowhere. I had to call back 6 times to be told that I have no phone service, even though I asked 3 times if my service would remain on and was told yes, my phone is now useless. It contains information that I need now. This company is represented by incompetent fools and liars. DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: March 20, 2018

TracFone is the worst company I have ever encountered. I feel they are very dishonest. I spent many hours on the phone with TracFone trying to get my phone to work. I still have my minutes, 1360, that I have not been able to use. When I call they take the information and want me to call another number. The numbers are 800-867-7183 & 866 667-6470. Same questions over and over again. In the past three days, I spent 9hrs on the phone with them, speaking to about 8 reps. I will tell everyone I know to never buy a TracFone.

TracFone expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TracFone offers prepaid unlimited and pay-as-you-go plans to customers in the United States, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. It was established in 2008. América Móvil, a Mexican telecommunications company, owns the company. The TracFone family of brands also includes Net10, Straight Talk and SafeLink.

• Refer-A-Friend: Current TracFone customers can earn cash when they refer friends who purchase and activate a phone from TracFone.com. When new customers use the link sent to them by an existing customer to make a purchase, the existing customer can receive up to $30.

• Text support: Both existing customers and interested consumers can get answers to their questions about TracFone via text message. They can simply text HELP to 611611. They can also get fast answers by texting specific words, listed on the company’s website, to that number.

• Value Plans: TracFone’s Value Plans are monthly plans that automatically bill customers and add a certain number of minutes to their phone. Customers do not pay an activation fee to set up these plans, and there is no charge for canceling their service.

• International: Customers can receive up to three local, Mexican numbers that will call through to TracFone customers in the United States. This feature means international callers will not be charged long distance fees for calling friends and family in the United States.

• Accident protection: TracFone customers can add an accident protection plan to their phone so they can replace it if it is accidently damaged. The company offers two protection plans.

• Best for: TracFone is best for temporary users, non-cell phone users and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs