TracFone
1.41/5

Get matched with the right prepaid phone service

TracFone Reviews

2309 TracFone Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

I ported my number to TracFone years ago from Verizon. I wanted to port from TracFone to Google Fi and they have made it impossible. TracFone is so stupid that they don't know the account number required for them to accept a port request. Over the past few months, they have supplied at least ten account numbers that I supplied to Google Fi, and then TracFone refuses the port request. You read that right, Tracfone refused the account numbers they supplied me for the purpose. They will not open a ticket because they only open tickets with a successful port request. They absolutely refuse to let my number go. It's heartbreaking because it is the number my mentally impaired husband uses and remembers, and we are going to lose it. I will never do business with them again. Incompetent and unethical. Do not port a number you wish to keep forever to TracFone - you can check out, but you can never leave!

Original review: March 18, 2019

I had TracFone for 10 years - or more - I had years of service time and over 2000 minutes of airtime. I added time and service years as needed. Now I have nothing. TracFone continued to try to charge my credit card despite the time I had not used. I blocked a charge in November 2018 - then they tried to charge me again in March 2019. I offered to send the TracFone emails to them - they said they did not continue to try to charge me - and did not send me emails. Customer service agents refused to provide an email address. The customer service agents read a script based on key words they hear - no comprehension. I do not recommend this company.

Get expert buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have been with TracFone over ten years. Was enjoying the services. Only used it when I had to. I use to recommend the Trac Fone to others but never again after my experience today. I purchased a minute plan from Walmart. Little did I know they had a plan for the regular phone and one for the smartphone. So I tried to call the company to just get my minutes that I paid for but they stated sorry the minutes you purchased was for a smartphone so basically, I am sorry. The supervisor told me, "You just basically gave us your money for free."

I didn't get any minutes nor my money back. I did understand about the non refund policy. But I thought it was very unprofessional of a company to not give a customer nothing and have their money. I can't use that pin. It is no good to me. I will never recommend someone getting a Tracfone ever in my lifetime again. It is a bad company and bad customer service in my book. Thanks for NOTHING TRACFONE PHONE BAD COMPANY.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Stayed on the phone for 30 minutes while this guy (Albert) I'm sure that was not his real name was trying to bring his system up. All I had was was a simple question, that still did not get answered. I did find the Corporate Office number but they was closed. I will try again in the morning.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Coverage is not available in all areas on their map, their green areas are where I only have 1 bar. But you know what this is still slightly more bars than what the liars Verizon and US Cellular have and dont get me started on the other networks. Phoeey. We should just dump them all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TracFone?

Original review: March 11, 2019

On 3/7/2018 my old TracFone crapped out on me. So I bought a ZTE model direct from TracFone. I transferred my old minutes, with which I had purchased many years ago, Double Minutes for Life. I believe the last time one of their phones crapped out on me, which has happened a lot, although I have never sought an RMA, I inquired if my Double Minutes for Life transferred with my minutes to my new phone, and I was told they would. I intentionally bought a year's activation card sometime in fall 2018, just so it didn't get deactivated at an inopportune time. The last time I bought a minutes card, they denied my Double Minutes, stating that Double Minutes did not apply to the particular minutes card I had purchased on their website.

They ain't gonna honor my Double Minutes, I ain't gonna keep their phone. So, I chose to go with another carrier, even though my phone was active through 5/22/2019, and still had 400 minutes left on it. I called in February 2019 seeking an unlock code for my phone that I paid for, and I was told that I had to own the phone for a full year. I call back on 3/11/2019, 369 days after I bought my phone, and they told me I had to have a year's service on the phone to get an unlock code. I told them I did have a year's service on my phone, I had my phone for 369 days in fact. They said I only had 60 days service on my phone?? It took several phone calls to Sri Lanka or wherever to hell to understand that they meant I had to have bought a year's worth of minutes, to unlock my phone, and they wanted to extort a year's worth of minutes, just to unlock their cheap two dollar phone.

I tried a chat session on their website, and he put up their legalise blurb to contact, get this, one of their Fraud Specialists. That's what they call their unlock customer service representatives, FRAUD SPECIALISTS. I asked their chat rep who they were calling a fraud. When I called their unlock hot line, I asked their rep who was supposed to be committing fraud, TracFoney or their customers, for wanting to use their own phones as they chose?

Now hold on sister. The big selling point of TracFoney is the right to use your phone that you buy, as much as you want, when you want, and to buy minutes as you use them, not as some pushy phone company demands you use them. I've been a TracFoney customer for ten damn years. I bought myself a phone, several phones, as they routinely crapped out on me. I bought my wife TracFoneys, I bought my kid TracFoneys. I paid for their damn minutes. I bought activation cards to keep them active just to satisfy the fraudulent demands of what was supposed to be a pay as you go, pay as you please phone service. They decided my Double Minutes didn't apply as they said they would, they decided I wasn't using my phone to meet their extortion demands, and, AND I couldn't use my phone to meet my needs.

When I got through complaining about their crappy service, which to be honest was always spotty at best, and pushy demands, they deactivated my phone on 3/11/2019. How do y'all feel about TracFoney calling their unlock reps: Fraud Specialists? It is high time the FCC pulled TracFoney's license to operate in the U.S. and rescind the licenses of their parent and subsidiaries.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I have spent three weeks, over a dozen calls, multiple attempts to activate with no success. When it first came I tried to activate and after an hour with TracFone they said call back their system was down. I called back a few days later and after four more attempts at the automatic activation it still wouldn't activate. So, I finally get a representative who spoke broken English and he tried to activate it - another hour on the phone with him. I tried again a few days later with another representative and now the phone says no sim card.

Well there is a sim card in the phone when it arrived from TracFone but it wasn't working. They made me buy another sim card and had to wait days more for it to arrive. The phone still said no sim card. After several more attempts to activate it with the robot I finally got another representative. Another hour with him trying to download a software update, to factory reinstall, etc. All to no avail. He then transfers me to a specialist. Another hour with her and she finally tells me that there is no software update available for this phone and that she will have the provider call me today to see what they are going to do about it. No call from them.

I called back again and they make me go through another hour of trying to get it to work for the sixth time in four days. Then they transfer me to a supervisor who also makes me go through the whole process again. Then I tell them I want another phone but a different model. They said they can't do that but will send me another one just like I have now. I looked at the reviews and there are six one star reviews in the last month that all say the same thing. The phone will not connect to the carrier and they can't make calls. So I ask for their supervisor at billing and they said their supervisor does not take calls after six, to call back tomorrow.

All they will do for me is send me another phone of the same model that doesn't work. They are selling a phone that they know is not usable on TracFone. They make you go through weeks of aggravation and I haven't had a cell phone now for the three weeks since I got this phone. If you want ulcers, incompetent customer service reps and a waste of your time then this is the phone for you.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have been a TracFone user since 2007. I only use my phone when I travel, and I have been on their value plan. This incurs a mostly charge of 6.56 on my credit card. This year in January I had to call as my service days didn't appear on the phone. It had to be manually updated. The rep was Katrina and very helpful. When my bank notified me that my credit card was compromised and they were sending a new one, I called TracFone with the new number. The rep assured me it was noted and they would use it for the next billing. Feb 25th. I noticed the days update did not appear as scheduled. I called March 5th and spoke to some one with an accent.

He said my card, (old number), could not be charged and they cancelled my plan. I would have to repurchase and add more minutes to my account. I have 577 minutes. I asked for a Supervisor whose name sounded like Greg. He did not listen to my complaint but only repeated over and over again, that I would have to purchase the plan again along with more minutes. I have not had an issue up til now, but feel they are scamming to raise prices and charge for additional time. I have contacted the corporate office and will have to see what they say.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Still have zero resolution regarding this complaint. Have contacted customer service numerous times both by email and phone. I had a pay as you go account which I canceled prior to going back overseas. I received email confirmation of the cancellation. The account that the money was being drawn from was in the US, which I did not have access to overseas. Unfortunately, I have continued to be charged for the plan. When I contacted TracFone by snail mail (not that they make it easy, especially when overseas) they promised that I would be refunded the $500+ owed back to me. The following day they retracted their statement and claimed that too much time had lapsed.

Their back and forth that occurred over the course of months, with long delays in response by TracFone (which they could not even bother spelling my correctly). Even provided a solid timeline of events and the original email stating that I had canceled the account. TracFone refused to comment on this evidence and sticking to the story that too much time had lapsed. The sad thing is they are in the wrong but have the power to refuse a refund. The customer service manager that I dealt was named Robert. It is extremely pathetic and robbery what TracFone has done. Stay away! If they had done the right thing I would have continued to use them and even recommended them to family/friends. Now I tell everyone I know to NEVER deal with TracFone.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Ordered phone, recommended 6' power cable and minutes card. Tracfone sent the wrong cable, it did not fit my phone. Called TracFone. Was told to return cable. Returned cable to their return location. Got no refund. Called TracFone to discuss. They would not give me a refund because I did not send back the entire order...phone and power cable. And no refund for my return postage for the wrong cable they sent me. Small loss of $$$. They have lost me as a customer and I will never say another good thing about TracFone.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I have had TracFone for years and have NEVER had a good experience with their customer service, which is sourced out to who knows where. They lie about the wait time and there are numerous problems with them. There is NO PLACE to complain about them, either, as they control themselves. The last couple of times I've called, they say they will do something, such as transfer me to a U.S. representative or send me a new password after making my online account unaccessible, and they never do. They "pretend" they have done it, but it never happens. If they get upset by your response to them, they sabotage your account. This has happened to me more than once. I am going to have to spend more money and get a new carrier with a U.S. based customer service, but it will be worth every penny! DO NOT use TracFone. You will be in for a nightmare with Customer Service.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I've used TracFone for years, and while dealing with customer service always been a long, drawn out affair, my problems have always been addressed successfully. This time was different. I purchased a simple flip phone, and wanted to transfer my old Tracfone number. I couldn't do this on their website; I was prompted to call their 800 number.

After jumping through many hoops with and automated system, I finally got to talk to a real person... More or less. After a lengthy question and answer sessions, and many, many long waits, I was told that I would be contacted at a specific time to activate my new phone. After that, I would receive a call to see if everything was OK. I received neither. I finally called again, jumped through the same hoops, but this time was put on hold for "two or three minutes". Fifteen minutes later I was disconnected. Between my initial call, the wait for their contact, and my last call, I wasted around three hours. Customer service with this company was always a chore, but now it's getting downright horrible.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

If I could pick zero stars, I would have. Transferred phone # to new phone. We could not make or receive calls, called Tracfone customer service. Over two hours later we finally spoke to the only person in customer service who knows what they are doing and sent us an update and we could make and receive phone calls within five minutes of speaking with her. The texting still did not work. We called back at a later date since we did not have an extra two hours to waste at that point. Called customer service and transferred several times and got disconnected once. Over three hours later we could no longer make phone calls and the texting issue was not resolved. The customer service is horrible, they don't listen to what your problem is and every time you get transferred you have to start the entire process over. The majority of representatives do not have the knowledge/skill to fix any problem.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Over a month of time dealing with service people to get mim trans from one phone to another. 3 or four SIM cards later finally got some of the time and mim. but lost my number. The reason I wanted to keep number was it is tied into several accounts. They said I could keep my number but by the time all the hoops got jumped through they said they have given my phone number to someone else. This is not good to say the least. Zero stars.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I transferred the phone from TracFone to another carrier because their data plans were outrageous/terrible. 2 1/2 hours after the number was legitimately transferred to the new phone/carrier, TracFone charged my card for another 30 days when Verizon notified them about the transfer WHEN I WAS THERE TO WITNESS IT! Those hypocrites (who could barely speak English), completely denied that the transfer even occurred and denied a refund. Also, earlier I had talked to TracFone about having airtime without having to add minutes because I had 6000 minutes which I didn't need.

Their system was so dysfunctional, they didn't offer any flexibility whatsoever. If you want my advice, pick Verizon, T Mobile, Sprint... Anyone else except for TracFone because how they treat their customers is disgusting. They should be taken to court for customer fraud! If I could have given it -5 stars, I would have, and I'm sure many people feel the same way.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Buyer beware. Their consumer services are useless to say the least. Wasted a lot of time and money with them. NEVER AGAIN!!! Horrible! Not to mention, the people on the other end of the phone have a hard time comprehending American language. Frustrating and infuriating to deal with only to get nowhere.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I decided it was time to upgrade my TracFone. At this point I had over 1000 minutes, 700mb of data and 2000 texts in my account. When I tried to transfer my phone and telephone number the fun began. My time transferred to the new phone but I couldn't make or receive calls. After spending hours with customer service they could not fix the problem. They sent me a new phone but the same problems occurred. I switched back to my old phone but my minutes disappeared. Went back to customer service and they could see my minutes in the account but could not be put back on my phone. Beware of the line. It takes 24 hours to update. That is just their way of getting rid of you. Spent about 4 hours on the phone with them and they fixed nothing.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I bought a Samsung (TracFone) Galaxy J7 Crown and within a month the screen would display colored lines across the screen. It would be an intermittent problem that could last days or hours. The screen wasn't cracked and would correct itself on its own. Restarting the device didn't change anything. I contacted my extended warranty which referred me to contact the manufacturer, so I contact Samsung, and they refer me to contact TracFone. I contact TracFone online and explain my issue and they ask me to return my mobile phone to them for a replacement. They sent me a large FedEx envelope with insufficient packing for a loose phone and charger. Nine days later I get my replacement USPS in a well packed box.

I open the box and discover they sent me a Samsung (TracFone) Galaxy Sky Pro. I checked the specifications for the J7 Crown and the J7 Sky Pro and noticed the J7 Sky Pro processor has 4 less cores than J7 Crown and the J7 Sky Pro has a 5 front and 8 rear MP camera while the J7 crown has 13 front/rear MP camera. I contact TracFone and let them know I am displeased with the replacement phone they sent me and it isn't equal to the J7 Crown that I sent them. They reply that it is the same value. I find that unbelievable. I go to their website and check the prices of the J7 Crown and it sells for $119.99 and the J7 Sky Pro $79.99. How is that equal value besides the obvious number of cores and picture MP? At the time of discussing the return of J7 Crown phone; At no time was it discussed that it could be replaced with a different phone model. I expected the same model, but was floored when it wasn't when it arrived.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Tried to buy texts, and increased the number selected after I had entered my CC info. It billed me for the increased amount, but didn't grant them to me. After a long online chat I was eventually able to get the missing texts, but was not compensated for all the trouble. TracFone never does that, in my experience.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I had been pretty satisfied with TracFone for a few years-- only $15 a month. However, I recently bought a new Samsung smartphone for my daughter, and trying to get the darn thing activated is a nightmare. We have been on the phone with customer service four different times, for hours. (My landline ran out of battery today.) They have you jump through impossible directions and hoops each time, with no different results. She can get on the Internet, but can't make calls or texts! And they just can't seem to figure it out, even though I see several other reviewers had the same issue.

Today, I went on chat and demanded they just send a replacement phone, as we are not willing to spend any more time on this useless exercise. I got a ticket number and they said it has gone to "corporate" and they will call me within 24 hours. I am not holding my breath. I also threatened to report them to the Better Business Bureau, but, again, not expecting much. They should not be in business if they can't even solve what seems to be a recurring problem.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Over the past 5 years, I have had to contact TracFone Customer Service about 3 to 4 times. Each time is like a terrible nightmare. The hassle one has to go through is inexcusable. One of the most dreaded areas I have is the problem of speaking to a representative with virtually no skills regarding speaking the ENGLISH language. You cannot speak to any natural English speaking people. The other area is that the representatives always assumes the customer is computer and cell phone savvy and knows exactly what to do.

Yesterday was my last go around with them over a new phone I purchased. No more will I buy a TracFone phone, but instead will visit in person a company who actually has a location of business. I guess the old saying, "you get what you paid for" is 100% true regarding TracFone. You pay little so you should expect to receive a little, not what they imply via their promotional advertisements.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Be aware of TracFone's "warranty" policy. I know from experience that if you have an LG product and should happen to need warranty service or repair during the original one-year manufacturer's warranty period, you will end up getting a refurb phone back from TracFone that comes with a 90-day warranty attached. It doesn't matter how much of your manufacturer's warranty year may be left, you will end up with 90-days. Not only is this completely unethical and immoral, it can't possibly be legal. I sent them a 2-month old phone and now I'm stuck with a refurb that is only warranted for 90-days. TracFone's customer service is useless, they just tell you "that's our policy, sorry there's nothing else I can do."

I've contacted LG about this issue, but it appears they are completely complicit with this scam and don't really care that consumers with their product are getting ripped off. They just cite "an agreement" with TracFone and defer to them. I believe Apple handles their own warranty in-house, and I don't know if Motorola or Samsung or any other brands would be more protective of their consumers with this issue or not, but I would definitely steer clear of LG products with TracFone.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have been a customer for well over ten years. About a month ago I switched to a smartphone from a flip. Everything switched over just fine without incident. About 2 weeks ago I dropped the phone and the screen shattered. Totally my fault. So I went to TracFone website and bought the same phone again. Once I received it I switched everything from my broken phone to the very same model (refurbished J7 Sky Pro). All my contacts, pics and apps switched just fine. But the phone wouldn't make or receive calls or texts. Contacted tech support 4 days ago. Nothing. They tried solved the issue. Spent over 6 hrs online chat and phone with them. They sent me a new Sim...put that in today...still have exact same issues. Called tech again. On phone for over 3 hrs...still not solved. They even factory reset my phone...losing all my contacts, pics, apps...which I was willing to do, if in the end my phone would work...but it does not.

They have had me turning it off and on more than 2 dozen times, removing and reinstalling sim, etc. Nothing is working. Then they said take card out for 30 min and they will call back. Waited over an hour and they never called back. Got a new person when I called them back again. Began same idiotic process all over again. I live in Indiana and the phone says it's in Arkansas...it's insane. I've spent days trying to just get a working phone. Not to mention half of the tech people I had to speak with barely spoke English. How hard would it be for them to send me a new phone and sim and start the crap over? This is insanity.

This is a Saturday and I've been on the phone and or waiting by the phone for them for almost 4 hours. Not how I want to spend my day off. This should not happen. This is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I have been a customer of TracFone for sooo many years and there have been hiccups along the way for sure...but this is by far the most ridiculous crap I have ever dealt with. They need to change how they deal with these issues...as passing me alone to 5 different techs, all following the same canned speech and "fixes" are totally not working at all. Turning ** off and on over 400 times isn't fixing a thing.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I have been a customer since June 2018 and established auto pay in August. No problems until Jan. 2019 when I received notice that my activation would expire yesterday. I called and they had no record of me being on auto pay so made a one time payment with my debit card. Today I received an email that my service was deactivated because my bank declined payment.

I called my bank and they said they did not receive a payment request so they did not decline any payments. The rep I talked to yesterday said they were having system problems so it is logical that they made an error. I had to reconnect through their call center this morning which meant they treated me as a new customer. I had to pay the higher price and they could not re-enroll me on auto pay until the end of the month. Their service reps are very unhelpful with solving problems or answering questions so I went to their website to chat online with management and they were equally unhelpful.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

They "lost" or "can't see" my transactions in total amount of $113.72 (950 minutes, 1500 texts, and 2.5Gb of data). I can see these transactions in my account on their website in "history of payments", and also in my bank statements, but they "can't". Imagine you paid $250 for service. You are asking to transfer that service from one phone number to another (your carrier claims that they'll do this no problem and for free). However, only about half of that service transferred, another half is gone. They can't find records, that you paid $250 in the first place.

Manager Jorje ** claimed that "it's impossible to fill up benefits partially" while transferring them from one phone to another. Yet their system did fail. Yet about half of the "benefits" (the $113.72) lost during the transfer. I spend 6+ hours trying to reason with them, telling them that $250 is $250, not $125. When I asked Jorje ** of a contact information of somebody in the company who is accountable for issues/errors like this, he said that he IS the highest person in the company. There is no one above him. When I asked what I have to do he said "I understand your concern".

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I thought activating my new TracFone was going to be a simple process since this is what I was told by the Walmart associate which assisted me in selecting a phone and carrier. This could be the farthest from the truth. TracFone was unable to activate and provided me with 3 options to try an navigate a process to get it activated. One of the options was to return to the store and have them re-scan the package. The second option was to take pictures and email verification to them. I don't recall the third option.

I opted to email my proof of purchase and serial numbers etc. 1st problem, the service rep did not provide me with an accurate email and ALL the requirements needed. I had to call back to get the accurate email and info. Once I took my photos and emailed everything, it took 2 days to get a reply only telling me I was missing info. I sent it again, they came back 24 hours later to tell me I am still missing info. This time they said they needed the serial number photo from the setting of the phone. This was the first I heard of this. I had provided them the serial number on the red card that comes with the phone, but now 2 phone calls in, and 3 emails later, I am finding out they need more detail.

It doesn't help that NONE of the representative speak fluent, unbroken English, thus making communication nearly impossible. Their reps do not care about you, the consumer. It is my belief they go out of their way to inconvenience their customers and make doing business with them a total nightmare. I should note this was my second TracFone I purchased and similar experiences were encountered on both occasions - 3 years apart.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I use my TracFone when travelling in the United States from Canada a couple of times a year. I pay a yearly contract then add International calling minutes and data when needed. On October 28th, 2018 I had over 900 minutes of international calling available. On October 30th I had none and did not make any phone calls. We contacted a representative and we were on the phone for over 90 minutes trying to sort it out. We ended up buying another International calling card and chalked it up to a glitch in the system as we were getting absolutely nowhere with the representative. International calling minutes were once again topped up and we were good to go.

I made a couple of calls to Canada on October 31st prior to crossing the border and arriving home. The phone was shut off and put away awaiting our next trip. We went south this weekend and I went to make a call to Canada and had 30 seconds of international calling time available. This was super confusing since we had topped it up on the 30th of October prior to returning home. I called customer service and was on the phone for over 3 hours trying to sort this situation out being passed from pillar to post with no one really caring about what my problem was. Finally, I was told to call back the next day when the "supervisors" were in the office to assist me. What they did tell me was that my International calling minutes were used up when I called the Mali Republic on November 3rd. I told them that this was an impossibility because the phone was turned off and I was back in Canada as of the 31st of October.

I called back to the office the next day and was on the phone for over an hour explaining my situation and at the end of it all was told that they couldn't help me and that I should report this to the police. The "supervisor" then hung up on me and said there was nothing they could do! All I wanted them to explain to me was how my International minutes could disappear twice for calls that I didn't make. I reviewed my calling log on my phone and the last call made was October 31st. I explained this to the representative who said that I was wrong. The last call I made was on the 3rd of November to the Mali Republic and that is where I used up all my calling time. I have now googled Mali Republic... It is in Africa. I have no relatives or friends living in Mali. This company is so shady it is incredible that they are still able to operate!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I got this iPhone SE last week or so with 1300 minutes on it. I already had 2 older TracFone flip phones. One with 600 min. and the other one with 1100 min. I asked if I could transfer the phone number from the 600 min. phone to my new phone. No problem, switched over, although nobody told me the older phone would now be deactivated and I would lose the 600 min. But wait! There’s more! I asked if I could transfer the 1100 min. from my other flip phone and was told "yes, but you will lose the 1300 min. on your new iPhone SE"!! But I already paid for those 1100 min!? I just wanted to use the new iPhone SE and get rid of the older flip phones. They were no help at all... Been with these monkeys a good many years too. Needless to say they are losing my business AND my family’s and my friends too. Talked to two (supposed) supervisors, no luck. Going with a better outfit. You know where you can stick the 3000!! mins. TracFone!!! I could care less!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Had phone a month, then failed. Returned under warranty. Have called service 5 times, (each time talked to an agent in India/Pakistan). Had to repeat my information each time, then on hold for 20 minutes each time! Finally talked to a manager in Miami office, I did better with India! I am out a $120 phone, have lost my phone time, and probably lost my old phone #. The phone was my primary unit (no longer have a landline). Every doctor, business, and personal uses that #. I feel I have been abused by this company!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Why would anyone ever in their right mind purchase minutes TracFone service when they can get unlimited phone calls, unlimited text and at least 2 GB of data for only 15 to $25 at any other company? Plus they could have unlimited data starting at $35 a month. Check around this company is ridiculously priced ($120 for 1500 minutes talk, 1500 texts and only 1.5 GB data.) For $25 you get only 500 minutes, 1000 texts and a measly 500mb of data! Shop around. You can even get unlimited everything including data without throttled speeds for $35 a month. This company is laughable I don't know who would ever purchase a plan from them at these outrageous prices for very little service.

TracFone expert review by ConsumerAffairs

TracFone offers prepaid unlimited and pay-as-you-go plans to customers in the United States, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. It was established in 2008. América Móvil, a Mexican telecommunications company, owns the company. The TracFone family of brands also includes Net10, Straight Talk and SafeLink.

• Refer-A-Friend: Current TracFone customers can earn cash when they refer friends who purchase and activate a phone from TracFone.com. When new customers use the link sent to them by an existing customer to make a purchase, the existing customer can receive up to $30.

• Text support: Both existing customers and interested consumers can get answers to their questions about TracFone via text message. They can simply text HELP to 611611. They can also get fast answers by texting specific words, listed on the company’s website, to that number.

• Value Plans: TracFone’s Value Plans are monthly plans that automatically bill customers and add a certain number of minutes to their phone. Customers do not pay an activation fee to set up these plans, and there is no charge for canceling their service.

• International: Customers can receive up to three local, Mexican numbers that will call through to TracFone customers in the United States. This feature means international callers will not be charged long distance fees for calling friends and family in the United States.

• Accident protection: TracFone customers can add an accident protection plan to their phone so they can replace it if it is accidently damaged. The company offers two protection plans.

• Best for: TracFone is best for temporary users, non-cell phone users and budget-conscious consumers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs