Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.73/5

Tracfone sells cellphones and cellular service. It offers phones from LG, Apple, Samsung and Motorola as well as low-cost phones from TCL. Phone protection plans are also available. Tracfone’s plans don’t require contracts, and customers can refill their accounts manually or automatically. Tracfone lets customers use their existing phone to activate one of its plans.

Tracfone Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tracfone?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tracfone?

Original review: May 11, 2020

I was a relatively happy Tracfone user for about 15 years. Due to the structure of their plans, I always purchased more minutes than I needed and had accumulated over 3000 minutes. When my old phone died and I activated a new one, they claimed there were no minutes on my old phone to carry over. I could get nowhere with their customer service reps. In searching online, I found this is not uncommon but they never admit they are in error.

Original review: May 8, 2020

I have been a Tracfone customer for ten years. I have two Tracfones with 6,000 minutes left on them. My latest experience trying to get Tracfone to fix my problem was enough to make me walk away from the whole stinking mess and find another prepaid phone company. Absolutely the WORST ** customer service I have ever seen. Spent two days trying to get a new phone, either buying an upgrade or getting a free replacement for a broken phone. Their eCommerce site kept declining my credit card, and my bank said they never saw the transaction, the issue was with Tracfone. One tech said he would send me a replacement phone for free, and transferred me to another one who refused to do it.

In all, I spent ten hours over two days, called back eight times, and talked to ten customer service reps and a supervisor, each time having to repeat the same damn story from the beginning, and I still couldn't get anyone to solve my problem. About half of the customer service people could barely speak English, and the other half were morons who made me jump through hoop after hoop after hoop, only to wind up at a dead end. Bottom line: If you want a cheap phone with rollover minutes, get anything else EXCEPT Tracfone. If you don't listen to me and get a Tracfone, if you ever need customer service for anything, forget it -- better off just sticking a hot needle in your eye. Tracfone is not worth the cost in time wasted and aggravation from dealing with morons who couldn't care less about keeping your business.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I have had TracFone for more then 10 yrs. I upgraded my wife's phone to an iPhone last week. They wiped all her data and text off the account. After 5 days and 5 different people I have finally given up and will go over to Cable phone!

Original review: May 2, 2020

Second time, ripped off for air time. Tried a new phone DEC. 2019. Never got service. Lost $35 bucks returning phone. Jan 25 2020 I buy 400 min for my Nokia phone. Min never added, twice I was told min were added. Never showed up on phone, I had over 200min at that time, when 200 min ended so did service. I could not get C/S to get the fact that if min do not show on phone it goes dead. 15 years I had great service. C/S says it was added but can't show me when over 600min were used. We never use more than 60 min a month. Watch out consumers. What was a great phone co. has now gone, we don't care.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I've been a TracFone customer for over 8 yrs and have always been happy with this business. On 4/15/20 I purchase a reconditioned Samsung Galaxy J7. Out of the box, the phone had issues. Battery does not hold a charge for long. Yes, I did charge the phone as suggested for 4 hours. The speakers on the phone are damaged. The volume while playing music is very low, I have installed an app for sound boosting, but that doesn't help. While putting earbuds into the outlet, the buds have to be held the entire in order to hear the music threw them.

I called customer service. They were slightly rude. Which has never been an issue. I was told that I have to ship or mail the phone back. (I have to pay shipping costs) They can't send me another phone for an exchange. Then I will be refunded to purchase the phone again. The Live chat person told me I had 90 days warranty on the phone, when I called, I was told it was only a 30 day warranty. Even if I did want to purchase the same phone, it's no longer available on their site. Sadly, I'm out some money over this phone. BTW, I have only had the phone for less than 2 weeks.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I had a bad experience with a few of the customer service representatives at Tracfone/Safelink wireless. The individuals were very rude, clueless and obtuse to say the least. I felt as if I was talking to a 12 year old over the phone. I wouldn’t recommend this company to any human being on God’s green earth!!!! Be aware of this company!

Original review: April 15, 2020

I have been a customer for 15 plus years. I received a defective phone, they tried to tell me for 3 days I had to wait for it to update. After continuously calling they decided I have a defective phone. I have to send it back and now wait another 3 to 5 business days to get a phone. Now the big question is IF I get a phone. Now they say they have no record of my phone number. So bottom line POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Original review: April 13, 2020

I like the phone service, it always gets out when I need it. Customer service is pleasant and courteous. Good price also. I like my phone also. My phone is also a good color, and is user friendly. It is a Samsung phone.

Original review: April 12, 2020

Like Talking to a Robot. In fact I accused Kenny of being a robot and he replied he was a person. I contacted customer service to correct an order for more data on my account which I had ordered online. After many attempts to convince Kenny that there Was a problem and of how to correct the problem (ie; to cancel an incorrect order and help facilitate a new order) I asked to be put in touch with a supervisor. He told me he would have one call me within 15 minutes. I waited. No call. Reconnected with Tracfone; Genevieve. She answered very briefly and said said she would have the Refund Dept. call me within 15 min. I waited. No call. It's a very easy fix. They seem not to WANT to do it. Meanwhile, I'm trying to buy their product and they won't let me.

Original review: April 9, 2020

TracFone is not for everyone, but is ideal for those of us who do not stay on our phone constantly. With WiFi everywhere internet is almost always available. And for the price it can't be beat. I get the yearly plan and it gives me more minutes, data, and texts than I ever use. And they roll over.

Tracfone Company Information