Tracfone

TracFone Wireless
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.59/5

TracFone Wireless is a budget-friendly cell phone service provider that lets customers keep their own phones, customize their plans and enjoy the flexibility of a prepaid plan. Customers never have to sign a long-term contract and can carry unused minutes, text and data over to the next month. TracFone offers simple, transparent plans that don’t include overage charges or hidden fees.

TracFone Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TracFone Wireless?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about TracFone Wireless?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

Beware of this company if you travel to and from US. You cannot access your account once you leave the US. You can't access it online if your ISP is outside of the US as well. I was trying to top up my account and they block all isp's outside the US. Last minute now I am looking to port my US number because I have it for my special needs brother when we visit the US.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I spent 15 plus hours on the phone with these jerks trying to get my new phones activated. Talked with 14 different people to transfer my phone over to the new network and new phones they had sent me in that time went through all the activations time and time again yet nothing. These morons don't know a damn thing. Stay away from them as far as you can, their customer support and tech stinks.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

I was a Tracfone customer for almost a decade without issue. Recently, I needed a new phone, so purchased a (supposedly) new J7Crown for $69.99. I was sent a refurbished phone (cost $39.99). I called and spoke to a manager who agreed the phone was used. He told me to send it back, with a FedEx label they provided, and they would send me a new one. I sent the phone back. They not only sent me another refurbished phone -- which was not even in a Tracfone box, but instead a white cardboard box with a huge REFURBISHED sticker on it, with the pamphlets just thrown inside.

I called for a refund. It was the seventh time I called. And just as many other reviewers stated, I got the run-around for an entire week of having to call India and getting absolutely nowhere, with several rude customer service reps, to boot. I am disgusted with this company and will NEVER do business with them again. I guess they think because they're not in the US, they can get away with ripping us off. Well I am here to tell you to NEVER do business with Tracfone -- they are THIEVES with no business ethics and no morals -- horrendous and horrible!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

This company took my money, took my order, then sent me a message that I never placed an order. I talked for over 2 hours with call centers, so that they could tell me to call my bank. Now I have to report a fraudulent charge to my bank, tomorrow, and I'm out the money that I need to order my kids Christmas presents. They stole my money and told me it's my problem. BEWARE, THIS COMPANY IS A DISASTER!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy A20 smartphone from TracFone two months ago. Immediately out of the box the phone's software wasn't working properly. From day one I called for tech support on an average of 3+ hours a day for several days. Some of the issues were resolved and some were not. After 4 days of back and forth calls I gave up and dealt with the issues....basically, ignored the other issues. Today my phone started acting up again. Another software issue. I called TracFone again and spent 3.5 hours trying to resolve the issue, to no avail again.

I was told by TracFone that they couldn't fix it and that because it is still under manufacturer's warranty that I need to call Samsung, which is what I did. Upon calling Samsung for support I was advised that they could not help me because they have a "contract" with TracFone whereas they (Samsung) are not obligated to fix phones under warranty and that I need to call TracFone. In all I have spent over 4.5 hours on the phone making a total of 6 phone calls back and forth between TracFone and Samsung. TracFone pushes responsibility on Samsung and back-n-forth.

I asked TracFone to replace the phone since it is still under warranty. They refused. I paid $180.00 for this phone just 10 weeks ago and now I'm stuck with a lemon. No one wants to help. This is so wrong. I am a disabled senior citizen on a fixed income and cannot afford to throw away $180.00. This should not be happening with a major carrier and manufacturer. I have a phone under full warranty but no one will fix it or replace it. Shame on them.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

On November 6, 2020, I paid for another 365 days that included 1500 minutes/1500 texts/1500 MB data. This plan costs $125 + tax. I used a promo code to take $50 off the $125. The order confirmation that I printed showed $80.77. Three days later I logged into my Tracfone account and it showed that they charged my credit card $134.62 And my credit card company showed a pending charge for $134.62. My mom had the same thing happen two years ago. She used a $15 promo code but ended up being charged the full amount. This sort of cheating has never ever happened with any other company. Once I confirm a purchase, the amount is always the same. I initiated a dispute with my credit card company. Tracfone are cheats. Beware.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

This is a terrible company. I accidentally paid my bill for 3mths for a 1mth plan. Can't get reimbursed. Passes you through multiple agents just to hang up on you. Representative will take your credit card information and commit fraud. They will take your monthly payment but never turn your phone back on either.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Returned an unused/unactivated phone and service plan purchased directly from TracFone. The Tracfone CS Rep. in the Philippines acknowledged the company's receipt of the phone and she told me a credit was issued to my Amer. Express credit card account. What was not credited was the NY State Sales Tax! She stated it was not Tracfone's policy to return sales tax paid for returns. This was a first for me for ANY return to any retailer. Tracfone does not make it easy or desirable to do business with them especially with their customer service group located in Asia. As always, "Let the buyer beware!"

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

As advertised on eBay, I purchased a $29.99 BYOP Sim card and combo airtime package consisting of 1200 airtime minutes, 1200 text messages and 3 gigs of data from Tracfone. Received sim card starter kit on 10/17/2020. Per instructions loaded sim card and documented all information required to activate service. During the next step of activation, I was asked, do you have an airtime pin OR do you need to purchase a plan. I never received an airtime card or pin with my package. I was under the assumption that all airtime, text and data would be loaded on sim card and automatically activate.

I researched online and I was amazed to find all the complaints that had been made concerning the same problem I had with the same purchase on ebay. I immediately requested a return and was sent via email a return slip from ebay. No way was I going to pay $30.00 for a $1.00 sim card. Normally before I purchase a product I do extensive research and look at reviews. I've never had any problems with purchases from ebay so I figured this purchase was legitimate. Failed to do my homework and got burned. I have been a Tracfone customer in the past and planned on returning but due to this scam, they have lost my business forever.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

Not sure why this company advertises 'rollover minutes' when they are useless (well, to me anyway.) Tello is no longer pay-as-you-go, so I thought I'd check TracFone out. I figured I'd pay for the lowest plan ($15 for 500 min/text/data). I hardly use my phone at all, so I thought I'd pay for the plan and refill when I needed to. Nope, you have to purchase an air card every 30/60/90 days (whichever one you chose) in my case 30 days, which makes it a monthly plan. It would take me around 5 months to use the amount of service on the $15 card, which means I just rack up minutes I don't use and they expire in 6 months. What a pointless waste. I'd say this service is NOT for users with very limited needs.

TracFone Wireless Company Information