1.52/5

1543 Cricket Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have had Cricket for almost a year. I had a Fortune phone and the battery was draining VERY fast. It started doing other things I couldn't fix either. So I went into the store and bought a Samsung Galaxy Halo. I originally wanted a different kind but they were out. The woman was very helpful. The only thing I didn't like is after I paid for the new phone I asked her about the old phone if I just gave it to them or what. It was ONLY THEN that she told me that I could've traded it in for a $20 credit. She then offered free accessories for the new phone that costed $20. Other than that, I'm satisfied. I've never had trouble with the billing or my data. I hope this phone lasts LONGER THAN A YEAR!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I switched from Sprint to Cricket. I haven't ever had a problem with Sprint up until recently when they tried to charge me a 545$ fee for a device that I returned to them in July. I was furious and did not want to deal with a company that did this to me. I also did not want to get my phones shut off, or be reported to credit bureaus... but I was NOT going to pay that fee to them! I was getting nowhere with Sprint (their customer care is atrocious), so I stopped into a Cricket store in Mt. Pleasant, MI. Julia was there to help me set up service and port in my numbers. She was very helpful and pleasant and made the process easy. Service and coverage has been great. We also received free phones, and the bill is about 50$ less per month. I am a happy customer! I am still new to the company, but so far, Julia, the service, the price, and the app to manage my account on my phone are all things I really like.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Happy with Cricket Wireless. 2 GIG for $ 30.00 is all I need. I use very little data when on the road. At home I use WI-FI. Have an LG Fortune works well, but the phones is larger size than I wanted, but needed 16 GIG. This was the best deal. Got the phone for free by switching my number. Have great coverage almost everywhere... Switched on 2/23/2018. I had T-Mobile for voice and text only for $ 25.00 per month. Their lowest prepay plan was $ 50.00 per month. Not going to spend that much for what little data I use. I use about 1.6 GIG per month.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Love Cricket Wireless. We have had them for over 6 years now and I would never switch to anyone else. We always have service no matter where we travel. We have 4 lines on our plan and we all get unlimited talk text and data and my total bill a month is $100. They always have the newest phones the moment they come out. But customer service when you call the 1800 number is not the best. But don't be discouraged if you call the local store near you the customer service is great! It's a wonderful company.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Paying $30/month for unlimited talk and texts and 2gb of data is a good deal. I was paying $35 for 5gb, but I don't need that much. I had to upgrade to the $50 plan for a trip to Canada, but I was able to switch back when I returned, so it was only extra for however many days I was there for. Unfortunately they have no service at all in Bermuda. They only have service in certain countries, so if you are taking a trip somewhere and want to have service, it could be a problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: May 21, 2019

I have had nothing but horrible situations with Cricket customer service. This is my most recent incident. I lost one of my phones and decided to cancel that line as my bill was due. I dropped the call in a bad zone for many carriers while traveling. I decided to make a payment but wanted to talk to someone to adjust the account first. I did try dropping the line using the app. No Luck.

The system would not transfer me to anyone. I assumed as it was late, maybe they were closed. The system suggested that I could make a bridge payment, which is apparently a lesser payment. It said to pay $70. I decided to pay $100 instead as that would cover 4 lines. After the payment was made, I again attempted to contact an operator. Still no luck.

I called that week only to find that they can't ti charge me $10 for this bridge payment service. The auto system tells you nothing about this. To me that's fraud. Cricket may be cheaper but they are operating under unscrupulous rules. I spoke with the Spanish operatives who swear they are in the US. I'm a first generation American, but I am sick of companies not having American supervisors on hand to handle conversation when you get an operator that just wants to read you a paper over and over regardless of what you ask.

The supervisor was the same in descent, although his English was better. He did the same thing though. Refused to answer my questions, read his paper, told me they were in the US but couldn't say what city. So now I have to pay extra because they can't cancel the line and they want that extra $10 despite my 2 previous years of auto pay loyalty. I'll be looking at other options. This isn't as bad as when a store rep added his buddy to my account and used the $20 credit I had. Cricket customer service said they would give me a f20 credit for that. That conversation was like pulling teeth as I don't speak Spanish. In the end I got nothing other than finding out the guy got fired.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Cricket wireless will not unlock your phone and customer service will lie to you all the way, even when you have the proof. Then they will lie saying okay and say they have submitted a request for unlocking but they never do. They just tell you that so you shut up. In the end, they never unlock it leaving you with a useless phone at hand.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Hello. I have spoken with numerous representatives and my problem is not solved. I had been unable to use my phone for the last month after switching to the unlimited services through you guys. I had been unable to contact via phone since like I said my phone could not receive incoming or make outgoing calls. It's very displeasing to say the least. I contacted Apple thinking it was a problem on their behalf since I was unable to make phone calls as well. I was going to buy a new phone. On Thursday while at work I was able to use one of my coworker's cell phones to call you guys. I was pleased with my service. The rep I spoke with was able to restart my phone on your end and since that day I have not had any problem with it.

Since finding out that it wasn't a problem on Apple's end I have requested a credit and have been turned down since I never called you guys which makes NO SENSE AT ALL SINCE I HAVE REPEATEDLY SAID I COULD NOT MAKE CALLS!!! I am completely upset with your service. I always recommend you guys to my friends and family. I didn't want to change my phone provider but maybe it's time because this is something I'm paying my money into and my problem to you guys is no big deal.

If I have to I will make a complaint to the BBB and whoever else I can because I don't feel this is fair to me. I've been a loyal customer for years. I was also told there is no way I could send emails to you guys with the information I received from Apple but here I am emailing you now. Your rep told me to go into a store to show my proof. Another rep is telling me that you guys are able to see that I was able to use your service and that is a lie. I had been able to use the internet and barely got text messages. I PAY FOR UNLIMITED SERVICE. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE EVERYTHING!! This is horrible. Then after sending this email I'm told it's not a real email address. You guys make more than enough money to have real people help resolve real issues in a more timely manner. Makes no sense at all. I wish I could give 0 stars.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Me and my husband got Cricket. Did you give is the way to go. 2 months into us having the service we went to go pay our bill and due to the person behind the counter they did it wrong and put it a BridgePay we had to pay $74 two weeks later to turn our phones back on then it was a mission and a half just to get our money back. It was horrible. I regret ever getting this service. I don't suggest it for anybody. The customer service sucks too because they can't do anything for anybody even though they're called customer service. It's a sorry company and I'm surprised they haven't shut down by now.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I ported my phone# to them 4-1-19. The had my name spelled wrong, and my email wrong, even through I Spelled them several times! Throughout the month of April I had great service, but when 5-1-19 came, I had very little internet service, phone service! Paying $60.00 unlimited everything. The tower I was hooked up to in April went down, (no one told me) so the closest tower now is 8 miles away! They refuse to credit me, so I was forced to find a new provider. Had service from May 5 through May 11 when I ported my phone# and they refused to refund any of that money! This company SUCKS!!

Cricket Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

• Best for: Cricket Wireless is best for budget-conscious consumers, business owners and parents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs