1.73/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1473 Cricket Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have been a customer for years. Went in to cancel my line and be added to my husband's account, the rep didn't cancel my old number so I got charged for it the next month and they wouldn't refund it. Also the rep added a third line to our account unknowingly and they will not refund any of the $ we were charged over the last few months for it. They also put the insurance plan on the new phone I bought on the empty third line and when my phone broke they wouldn't honor the insurance. Very poor service!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I can't never get help when I go in the store. Really useless representatives that work for company. My phone not working because of storage issues. I bought a extra sd card that doesn't work with my phone so I spent money on something that doesn't work also. They want me to buy new phone instead of trying to fix the problem.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Cricket has bad customer service. They would give me a credit for a mistake they made! First they didn’t tell me about adding a 6 line to my account would be $150 more. I asked them to take the line off and place it on my mothers line. They only give me a credit for $55! Where is the rest of my money? All this happened in a day, and nobody not even the manager would credit the account for the right amount. Now I’m out of $144!! I never say this but I ABSOLUTELY HATE CRICKET!!! I will post that everywhere so they will get the point! Terrible customer service...

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I switched to Cricket one month ago, lowered my bill from $56 to $30, got a $1 for 3 months subscription to Deezer (equivalent of Spotify, instead of $11/month) so I'm really happy so far. When I was out of data, I could still use mobile internet and didn't even feel it was that slow (couldn't scroll through Instagram, which is not critical at all, but could still use maps/Uber/Lyft). Really glad I made the switch and hopefully won't have any issues down the road. Excited to save $350/year on my phone bill.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I've been with Cricket over six years. I've never been able to get more than two bars anywhere I've ever been. I get unlimited internet and I can't half the time even get web pages to pull up because they throttle you back after 8 g's and half the time they claim you have use your hotspot up but I have unlimited internet so when they claim you've use it even with unlimited internet on your phone they cut what internet you use on your phone back to the point that it's hard to even read emails. It takes 10 mins to pull up a link because they have slow you down to next to nothing. Unlimited internet is a joke. There is no such thing with Cricket Wireless and since started to use attached lines they have become even worst and throttle you back. That's what they mean throttle you back to nothing.

You call them, nothing ever gets resolved and they have never ever at any time been able to resolve any of the issues I've had with them. And since they've started using ATT lines their service has faded and so has their support. Quality of the equipment in the phones they sell seem cheap. I've not had one phone last a year yet and not for breakage it software and battery life and they seem to have taken the business practices of AT&T and rob you blind. I pay 70 dollars a month for a service that is far below par. I will be moving to a new service after this month. Can't deal with them no more and will never recommend Cricket to anybody and in fact I will tell them not to waste their money with them. Go to somebody else. Anybody else has got to be better!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We are seniors trying to get the best deals on cell phones and I had Cricket Cellular as a carrier. I saw that another carrier had the same coverage but $15 less, thru AARP which I am a member. I tried calling Cricket where I purchase the plan about 9 am, no answer and passed by. The light was not on trying to see if they would match the rate. Since no one there, I went to Target to get the plan. The young lady said, "Wait until later and the phones will kick in or tomorrow morning," so we left with the phones. It was about 3:30 pm and the phones were locked so I chatted with the other carrier and they told me phones were on, call Cricket. I found out that even though they have no contract, you have to wait 6 months from the day you started with them to be able to switch to another carrier, this was unknown to me.

I went to Cricket to see what I could do. The guy that was there said, "You have to wait 2 more months to change, keep paying." We went back to the other carrier and canceled. They told us, "You have to go to Cricket to go back to them," so we went back to Cricket. They even called the owner that was in Miami to see if he would give us a break, he did not. They told us to go back. We had to pay all the installation fees $101.96. We decided to go back to the other carrier and buy new phones which they were $169.58. At this time it was around 8 pm. Almost the whole day back and forth, tired without eating dinner, more debt instead of being better off, and we have to go back today because it was late and all the data information didn't transfer from the phones at the other carrier.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have had Cricket for almost a year. I had a Fortune phone and the battery was draining VERY fast. It started doing other things I couldn't fix either. So I went into the store and bought a Samsung Galaxy Halo. I originally wanted a different kind but they were out. The woman was very helpful. The only thing I didn't like is after I paid for the new phone I asked her about the old phone if I just gave it to them or what. It was ONLY THEN that she told me that I could've traded it in for a $20 credit. She then offered free accessories for the new phone that costed $20. Other than that, I'm satisfied. I've never had trouble with the billing or my data. I hope this phone lasts LONGER THAN A YEAR!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

So my husband had planned to get me the Galaxy 9 for Christmas since the website shows half off. First off my husband goes in store where he's told the deal's only online and good till the 20th. Well he goes online and everything possible keeps him from ordering that phone, call after call to the office and just get the runaround. Well last night he tried again and he gets all the information in and all it does is load, processing your number transfer with a loading sign and yes we tried this on two different phones and both done the same so I know it's the site, not to mention they moved the sale end date to the 3rd now. I have 7 children. Needless to say if the issue isn't resolved by sale end date Cricket will be losing plenty of my business!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Cricket billed my debit card after I closed the Cricket account and refuses to give me a refund. I talked with Customer Service and then to the Customer Service Supervisor who said they could not refund my money. They do not have a policy in place to allow them to issue a refund. I understood that when you close an account, everything attached to that account is null and void. Apparently not my debit card and not with Cricket. This debit overdrew my checking account. Now I am jumping through their hoops. Good customer service would have immediately issued the refund.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I tried to pay my bill just one day early tonight. Have never had a problem before. But when I entered my phone number they informed me that I couldn't pay on my number. Cricket is beginning to be very shady.

Cricket Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

• Best for: Cricket Wireless is best for budget-conscious consumers, business owners and parents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs