3.5/5 (730 ratings)

About Cricket Wireless

Cricket Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I have been a Cricket Wireless customer for almost two months and before them, I used Metro By T-Mobile & Boost Mobile. Cricket has been phenomenal in every aspect from customer care to coverage. I have a Moto G 5G (2022) and they have been great whenever I needed assistance, had questions or even concerns. My local store(s) are great, and Cricket had just released 5G+ in my area, which is super exciting! I absolutely love Cricket Wireless! Their $60 plan is awesome - best plan to choose and go with because you get unlimited premium data, and HBO Max (with ads) for free, and 15GB of hotspot. I highly recommend Cricket for your next provider because they've been the best carrier I have ever used so far.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I drove to store for assistance on activating a new Cricket phone. The store employee was set against any help and said I had a damage phone and would not touch it. Luckily went home and called the 1800 for assistance. Kind and helpful. She set it up in minutes and it works so well. My favorite phone yet. I should have saved gas and called the 1800 to start with. Don't go for help at the store in Wildwood. Thank you.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 6, 2022

I've used Cricket Wireless for over a year now. Before this I actually used Metro By T-Mobile. When I compare both cellular companies I actually get better coverage almost where ever I go. Although where I live it's kind of slow sometimes but most of the time I'm able to do most of my things. Usually I need to have internet when I go to work in which cricket does the job. 100% of the time it works for me. When I used Metro where I used to work never gave me any coverage meaning that I had no service. In metro they charged me almost $200 for having three phones in my plan. Whereas in Cricket they charge me $130 a month for 3 phones. I personally think Cricket does a better job when it comes to providing coverage wherever you go. Although it may not be the best to load up YouTube videos and play games it still does a better job in coverage than in metro. Prices a a lot more cheaper for plans but it's a good cellular provider where I live.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Rearing assured will be there for future visit. Destiny and the guy man Abdullah were great of everything that they told me. At the end of the day I will be very much appreciative of everything that they told me and let me know about the services of the iPhone and also the inductive prices and comparison of my options inside the options that could’ve been another option since I was actually switching from another option so this would be a good place that I will come to next time for my kids and probably recommend for other people in my extended family and very supportive of.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

I decided against another lengthy commitment and, after some research, decided to give Cricket Wireless a chance. Cricket is a subsidiary of AT&T and having had service with the latter for many years, I knew what to expect as far as coverage, data speeds, etc. I wanted a flagship device which is not something offered by Cricket itself, but since they use the same SOC (System Operator Code, 89014) it is possible to use an AT&T device with Cricket service. I subscribe to the $60/month Unlimited Cricket More plan, using my AT&T Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G.

I have used the service for over 6-months now and continually exceed the 22GB usage threshold. Many reviews I have read state that there are maximum download speeds which may be true on other plans, but not the aforementioned. I have never been "throttled" or slowed-down and get consistent LTE download speeds of 100-200Mbps and am able to stream full HD video. I am still in a 4G market as of writing this review but have noticed my phone switching between 4G/5G for the last few weeks and expect that 5G will be deployed soon. This plan is not for someone who is just going to do basic web-surfing, email, social media, etc., but for someone like myself who uses a large amount of mobile data and expects day 30 to be the same as day 1 of the billing cycle, the Unlimited Cricket More Plan is perfect...

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

I have had Cricket for many years, and I try not to call Customer Service for anything, I do everything online. The wait to get anyone to help is a minimum 1/2 hr. When you get someone, they are not helpful and direct you to the MyCricket app. Try to refer a friend and it's so cumbersome and annoying! I gave up and called CS to ask them to apply a credit and said they could not! The reason I keep this is because it works off AT&T wireless service and works very well for me. The cost is a bit less expensive if you do direct bill to a credit card. I'm sure there are other services out there that I may eventually need to explore.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

I bought a phone to help a friend. This phone company nickels and dimes people. Why sell 30 $ refill cards if it's 40 and if a just service help adds 4.00? People are trying to get back on their feet from being ripped off.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

We paid Our 4 Line account The day before it was due. The next day we find out they’ve shut one of our phones off. Went by store to get it turned back on and employee said we had to buy another SIM card. We refused and told them all they needed to do was turn on the phone they had mistakenly turned off. She refused and called the police on us and had my husband trespassed from the store. So we have a phone paid for until 2/28 that can’t be used. I would give them zero stars if I could and will be changing carriers for all our family phones which are about a dozen in all. We’ve had problems with their service not working right for last 4 months also.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

Getting a line in Cricket is the worse experience you'll ever get. First off, I went to get a 4 line family plan in my area in Delano, CA and the lady there gave me a price of $260 dollars. It's a 4 line family plan which is a plan I had previously, which only suppose to cost $100 a month plus cost of sim card which is 10 dollars each. How the heck was I being charged 260 dollars for it. Activation fee is literally free if you order it online. This lady was clearly trying to pocket that 100 plus dollars. I swear this company is like a cars salesman company. They will never be honest of the real price of their product, instead try to suck as much as they can from you. This isn't my first bad experience either with this company but that's a different topic. I want to talk about their online service.

First off, I tried ordering online for a friend before so I know how ordering online works. This time around I wanted to order the 4 lines online and it was a pain in the **. I was about to check out and pay for the sim cards and the plan, which only cost 142 dollars when it would not accept my credit card payment. To make a long story short, is if your card's billing address is not the same as the shipping address you put in your wireless plan then it will not accept it. It would have been fine if they shipped to a PO box, but no they don't ship to a PO box. All my card's billing address are PO box so how am I suppose to pay this crap? I went to customer service online and they were no help.

I swear this company wants you to buy in store so they can charge you double. I'm just going to have to go Mint Mobile at this point because this crap is the worse phone company I've ever dealt with. In conclusion, this company is not honest. At least the stores, I've dealt with here in my area. Online is where you can get the real price of their plan, but they make it very hard purchase. I would not try to buy from this company again with the experience I have.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

Cricket Wireless customer service is inexperienced and disrespectful and they are thieves. I purchased a phone in September 2022 and returned it and had to fight getting through to the right person to get a refund. They told me wrong information on how to return the phone. I spoke with over 30 agents in 4 months to get a refund. I disputed on my cc card. They lied and sent misinformation my cc company for a phone I returned. Most agents I spoke with were untrained and it was like pulling teeth to get a manager. Let’s not forget the long wait to get to anyone. They cut my phone off twice every time I disputed them with my credit card company and took forever to get answers. I had to pay the fee to get my phone on. Don’t ever buy a phone with them. I was a customer since 2017 and never felt more disappointed and disrespected in my life. In Jan 2023 I left this company. They don’t value loyal customers.

Cricket Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

Cricket Wireless Company Information