3.7/5 (1069 ratings)

About Cricket Wireless

Cricket Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

After being gone from my residence for a couple weeks due to Domestic Tranquility issues and not having my phone with me. Rex, in the Fairmont shop, was a Magician. He was able to recover approx 90% of the apps I had been using. Like everyone else, my world was in my phone. Finances, contacts, my Calendar, etc. He was able to recover most of the data. At least enough for me to work with. I just happened to go to the Cricket shop when Rex was working. I don't believe anyone else would have been as understanding, willing to help, and compassionate given my situation. I would highly recommend this local Cricket Shop to anyone who needs help with a new phone or retrieving lost data due to whatever reason. Rex will be my "Go to" guy from now on!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I have had very few dropped calls within the ten plus years that I have been with Cricket. My monthly payment has never gone up, no hidden fees and no contracts. I don't use my phone the way most do, I am pretty simple and do not need a lot of data and their plans fit perfectly in my budget. They also have great plans that will fit in your budget if you use a lot of data, like my daughter. The phones they offer are good, but would be nice to see more of a variety. I have done some comparing with other mobile companies, and their phones that are the same brands are a lot less expensive. I have had no problems with the phones I have purchased through them. The only thing I do not like about them is I cannot block spam emails sent via text, only phone numbers.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 31, 2021

If you are in the market for a cellular phone plan of any kind, I highly recommend you check out Cricket Wireless. Currently, their cheapest plan gives you unlimited calling, unlimited texting, and 2 GB of high speed data, all for $30/month. After you have used up your high speed data, it will be slowed down, but you will absolutely never be cut off. This is amazing because it ensures your phone will always be working 100% of the time no matter how much or little you use it. Cricket runs through AT&T's cellular network, so you get great coverage almost no matter where you are. There is also absolutely no contracts. You pay month to month and are able to cancel at any time you please. I have been using Cricket Wireless for over a year now and their service just keeps getting better and better.

Original review: April 22, 2021

I expected to be met with a smile that didn’t quite reach the eyes and gift of gab that flowed like honey. A memorized verse filled with empty promises and strategic omissions. And I was also armed and ready to deflect and dodge. So I can’t begin to describe the dumbfounded look I must have had on my face nor the gibberish I responded with. When I wasn’t met with the typical sales routine! WHAT A CONCEPT!!!! These guys pretty much explained how the entire network of connecting & communication worked. What I would need, and what their service could and could not help me with. AND WHICH PROVIDER COULD further help me. I will be launching my business in the next couple weeks and because these guys character and wisdom my connectivity is set! Thank you! The experience was a pleasure!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I've been a customer for 1 year now and I'm in love with my service. I live in the Desert and get perfect service. Cricket does have downsides, like no tablets or watches or fun things like that, but their phones work fairly well. I've had the iPhone 7, Stylo 5 & now the Stylo 6. My upgrade is coming up and I'm getting the iPhone XR! :) I recommend this company for someone who is on a budget. If you use hotspot data as much as I do, you'll love Cricket because you can add as much hotspot data as you want! I have 75gb of hotspot data each month! It's a great company!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

If in the market for some economical hotspot, stay away from the Turbo Hotspot 2 from Cricket. Purchased a new one since had the 5 cellphone plan for over 5 years and been working fine. Decided to stay with cricket and opened a new account for the hotspot. Didn't work since day 1. After couple days of retrying, resets, etc. went to store for replacement and they made me go through the online warranty process. After 2 days I got a refurbished one so figure that out. The refurbished one was worst than the new one so here goes the phone calls again. They kept transferring me to the warranty department that states they will call back and nothing.

Next day I come from work to sit on the phone again calling for support. Long story short, I paid 79.99 + 25. for activation fee and never got any type of compensation, account credits or anything. Ended up purchasing an unlocked CUDY dual band on Amazon for 129 and works perfect. Called again to confirm that the unlocked device is working perfect and still nothing. I don't think this is a way to treat a customer that been with them for 5+ years on auto pay without ever missing a payment. Beware, there is no such thing as customer loyalty anymore.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I recently just found out after over 10yrs of being with Cricket that my plan was changed to the grandfather plan. Now when I got with cricket the highest plan they had was $50 unlimited with a hotspot. Now the 50 dollar plan is more like the 40 dollar plan but I have been paying 50. Instead of giving me the 55 dollar plan they downgraded me to a plan 10 dollars less than the original. Funny how they wouldn’t give a over 10yr customer 5 dollars but felt dropping me 10 was ok without notice.

Trying to figure out now how long has this been going on because cricket owe me ten dollars a month extra since they downgraded my plan to a plan only worth 40 dollars not unlimited data like my old plan, but I have been paying 50 like it was still unlimited. Wonder exactly how many people they have done this to. Not my fault y’all went up on prices for new customers, but doing this to 10yr plus customers that is already locked in with the original unlimited 50 dollar plan was unethical and sneaky.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I called at 9:10am to place my account in Bridgepay. I got a representative after waiting 30 to 45 minutes. In the process of doing the Bridgepay, the call disconnected. I was unable to call back from my phone. I had to borrow a phone from someone and wait another 20 to 30 minutes for another agent. This agent did complete the Bridgepay but could not figure out why my phone was not working. She had me remove my sim card 3 separate times; restart the phone twice; I then had to find someone to read her the numbers off the sim card which I could not see. She still did not fix my issue. I asked for a supervisor. I was placed on hold for another 30+ minutes, and then the call disconnected. I had to call back a 3rd time!!

This agent finally explained that the 1st agent deactivated my sim card because I had an order pending for a new phone. I explained that it has NOT been delivered. I do NOT have possession of the new phone. He explained that Cricket cannot reactivate my sim, and my phone would not work and there was nothing that could be done. I was VERY angry. I work from home and have to log into my company's system. The system sends a security code to my phone for verification in order for me to log in. Without my phone I could not log in which means I could not work. I was scheduled to work 12 hours, 10 hours at $20.25 an hour, and 2 hours at $30.38 an hour for overtime. I lost a whole day's wages plus overtime. What happened was UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

While out of town, we purchased a hotspot unit for $165 from the local Cricket store. We were told that we had 6 days to return it. It would not hold a charge or give us the internet connection we needed. We took it back the next day. They would only refund $85 because they have a policy of no refunds on usage. Ok, but we couldn't use it because it didn't work! They said "call this complaint number." So we did. For 4 days. On hold forever. When we would finally get a person on the line, we'd tell our story and get "disconnected."

Finally, we got someone who said she couldn't help but she'd have a supervisor call us back. never happened. Finally, I powered through and got a supervisor who said "Cricket is a no refund company. To set your expectations, you will not get a refund no matter what you do." He also said his upper management did not have phones or email addresses!!! I wish I'd checked BBB first. It is full of experiences just like ours. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I switched from T-Mobile to Cricket wireless. T-Mobile 4g Later speed tests had my phone at 72mbps. Cricket 5g is running between 1mbps - 32 Mbps. On avg Cricket 5g is around 30 Mbps. Terribly slow by 5g standards. I highly recommend another 5g service.

Cricket Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

Cricket Wireless Company Information