1.93/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 18, 2017

1290 Cricket Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I will never recommend Cricket to anyone. They have the worst service. Sometimes it takes days before I get messages and gmails. I never have 4G internet like I should and their BridgePay is a joke. I ended up paying $40 for 7 days of crappy service then had to pay the full bill again. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THEM.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

They let you unlock their phone after 6 months of using. After 5 months of using I asked them to unlock it because I was traveling abroad for 4 week. Request denied. (When in past I asked the same thing in T-Mobile, they were happy to assist me). Different provider, different priorities. So I could not use my iPhone in Europe. Great. I got back to States and asked again. The answer was: "We cannot unlock your phone now, you have to wait another 2 days as it has not been 6 month already. In two days you synchronize your phone with iTunes and it will be unlocked."

After 2 days nothing happened. Next online chat followed: "We cannot unlock your phone, you have to use your phone 6 months, but it has been 5 months only." -- I got furious. Made them double check...: "No worries, you are right, it is gonna take 3-5 business days to unlock." After 5 business days still locked!!! Online chat again: "We cannot unlock your phone, you have to use your phone 6 months, but it has been 5 months only." I got furious (again!!!). Made them double check...: "No worries, you are right, it is gonna take 3-5 business days." I really don't know what to do when they tell me some ** next week again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We cancelled an account on December 2016. They said it was completely cancelled and would no longer active. Today Nov. 16th, 2017 we saw an unauthorized payment in the bank account for Cricket Wireless when we haven't had them in almost a year. We called our bank to dispute it and they advised we call Cricket too, and we did. The first customer agent told us the account was cancelled and that he couldn't look up anything without the phone number which is you can imagine no one remembers a number they cancelled a year ago. So, I asked to speak to his superior and he was able to find it with our bank information and told us he couldn't give us any information without the phone number because they couldn't see the phone number but the account came up as active and that only two payments were charged, one for Oct. and November.

That's when I looked deeper into the account and realized they never stopped charging since January 2017. He said he couldn't do anything without the phone number and told us we were still going to keep getting charged to anything and that we were still going to be charged automatically because we had agreed to it at one point. Even though we had cancelled it, he insisted it wasn't cancelled but that they had only charged us twice when it wasn't true. And he ended up telling us that someone could've committed fraud and activated it with our card and exact info from our previous account even though our account was under a different name than our card. We find it hard to believe someone knew that. They finally said to contact our bank because they weren't going to stop. Don't go to Cricket ever. Just go with Straight Talk if you're looking for something affordable.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have five lines with Cricket because, a year ago, they had the cheapest plan, and to me, phone service is phone service. It always works. Except with Cricket. Never in 45 years have I had to dial every call three times because the signal is too weak in a major suburban area where I live. And, like every other low-budget operation, there is no one at any telephone number that takes responsibility for poor signal strength. I've had dozens of important dropped calls, dozens of messages that came hours later, and hair-pulling frustration.

I finally spoke with a Cricket rep who admitted that there are technical problems with a tower in my geographical area. I am sure every cell company has "problems" with their equipment, but this one has lasted two months and the rep was unable to commit to a return to normal service date. MAYBE Cricket is leasing its equipment or bandwidth from AT&T and maybe AT&T has decided to mess with Cricket customers to drive Cricket out of business. That would be par for the course in a recently deregulated competitive market. But it's not an excuse. I got better reception in the jungles of a southeast Asian country when I lived there. In this instance, you get less than what you paid for.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Paid $30 for monthly service and the SIM card that came with the phone in the box didn't fit. I returned the phone. Wanted my $30 back for monthly plan. They refused to return and said dispute with my bank.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The customer service is wonderful. Reliability is just okay as you can't always find good service for the phone. They don't have cell towers in all places and sometimes roaming doesn't work out.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I pay for 4g but when I'm on my phone it always says lite except when I'm inside a Cricket store. Phone is a few months old and we have 2 Idol 3 in our account.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I wish I would have never switched to Cricket. Ever since we have been with them we have had nothing but problems. I have talked to multiple different people at customer service to change my billing due date due to our pay periods changing and they completely refuse to do it. I asked to speak with a manager and after being put on hold for 10 min they hung up on me. I would never recommend this cell phone company to anyone. All they are is a prepaid company that treats their customers like **. I would rather pay a little extra for good cell phone coverage. NOT TO MENTION THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE AND THEY ARE VERY RUDE TO CUSTOMERS. I think the good reviews of Cricket that are on here are from people who work for them, because this is not a good company. If I was able to rate this company below a 0 I would. Good luck to those who decide to go through them for service.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

VERY DISAPPOINTED. This company changed its offerings so quickly I was left with a useless SIM, unable to add my college daughter to our family plan because it was no longer available. Now our free 5th plan is an extra $40 a month, and I’ve paid for a SIM CARD I can’t use, say nothing of all the hassle of changing the account only to be told at the very end about the price increase. She’ll be staying with Puppy Wireless. At least I can get the same rates I signed up with 3 years ago.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

One on one help with no rush. Shared what phone would fit my lifestyle. Told all the perks Cricket has and my grace period to return phone if not happy.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Cricket has been okay. I do have a Cricket phone and it's not of the best quality and not good at all, but the young people that have helped me with the problems with it have been very nice. The service area is also good but using the automated service is really not. If I had some more money I would buy a better phone.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I bought two phones from Cricket that overheated. One was a LG and the other a Samsung. I called both manufacturers and got no help so I thought calling Cricket would do the trick but no!!! Cricket had no idea what was wrong and could not tell me anything about the phones. They then went on to say I should buy another phone and then charged me for the SIM card and a $25 fee for service and my bill was just paid.

I had just bought the first phone in March and the second phone in November 2017. They will not give me a refund and they know the phones will cause a fire and blow up on the customer. They are not accredited by the BBB so reporting them may not work either. I have been a customer for years and the customer service is the worst and so are the phones!!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I have had Cricket for a couple years now and the cost is very good. I have not had any problems with them at all. I would recommend this to everybody.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Sometimes I have a fantastic customer rep. Very knowledgeable, courteous and willing to help. Then you get someone who has had a bad day. But 90 percent of the time they're great! Service great!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Cricket is very good company and being really taking care of us every time we go there and the phones are very good. I'm very happy with their service.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I have a limited income, so Cricket's low monthly charge works great for me. Just wish I could have a strong signal 24/7. I asked customer service if I could upgrade my phone and they could not answer this simple question.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Cricket service could use a lot of work. I have to go outside to get bars to make a call and the data doesn't last. I wouldn't tell anyone to use Cricket and I'm sorry but it's bad.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

The customer service is terrible. You're put on hold forever and they don't answer your questions very well and when you go to the office they are just too busy talking to each other to help you.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I was supposed to get 25.00 per line for referring a new customer to Cricket. Two lines were moved to Cricket because of my referral. They were supposed to each get 25.00 credit after 60 days and I was supposed to get 25.00 for each line I got 1 credit and 1 of them got their credit. They wouldn't honor their promotion for either of us. I left Cricket with 35.00 on my account and another 25.00 owed to me. I think I should get 60.00 sent to me and the customer I referred should get their money as well.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I ordered the Sim Card on a Friday. Cricket Is advertising next day delivery. I ordered it late Friday so I figured delivery would be on Tuesday. WRONG! Got notified by UPS that it would be delivered Wed. I was counting on that Sim on Tuesday. Cricket debited my account when they shipped it and now it's going to be late. Not happy. The progression of UPS delivery shows it was ready on 10-30-17 at 12:45AM. It apparently wasn't picked up until 26 hours later 12-31-17 at 2:33 AM. Don't know where the delay was, but Cricket better investigate because I see they have several 1 star reviews and customer problems. Thank God there is no contract. I have already threatened to cancel.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Bought an Alcatel android phone at a Cricket Wireless store December 2016. Not even one year later, again without a cell phone, (and my contacts, etc)! While for the second time, phone had to be sent back to the shop. Every month, my internet/safari is completely cut off once my data is gone, and I have had to spend a day on the phone with them each month ("we have no records of your conversation with us"), arguing for them to turn safari back on: "supposed to be unlimited data!" (Just throttled down in speed, NOT cut off!)

They don't offer hotspot like Metro, unless you buy higher priced plan, and of course, every month they shut off the internet, this you are forced to hear them try to upsell you (when there is already no noticeable difference in 1-2 gigs vs...). You can get 10 gigs with another provider right now for less than 50$/month. It's been a hell of a year, way too stressful for me. And a lot of the cricket stores (like the one in Gallatin Tn) just plain rude.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I had to call customer service when I first received my phone. Something wasn't working correctly with the phone so I called customer service. I was transferred to 4 different people then was told someone would call me back but that never happened.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I had been a loyal Cricket customer since 2011. I wanted to continue my business with them, but they have made it absolutely impossible. I was out of consistent service for 2 weeks! I was more than patient, kind and persistent in trying to maintain my account with Cricket. I had to call Cricket customer care daily to get service back on my phone, only to have it removed a few hours later. Just lots of transferring, blaming other departments, speaking to supervisors, hang-ups, and no permanent solution to the problem. I spoke to at least 15 different customer service representatives, and would have to repeat the whole situation every time. I eventually had to give up and go to another carrier because I got sick and tired of not having consistent service. It just seems like the customer service representatives enjoy giving bad news and not helping you. Good riddance Cricket! Tired of your games. No more money from me.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I have never had a problem but I know that insurance you pay every month is a joke. When you make a claim, you have to jump through so many hoops. Most people would give up trying to make their claim.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

It seems to work but I suspect not always. Used Boost for years, they worked but would not activate my unlocked G6, eyeing T-Mobile. Always had a weak signal at home, have a signal booster and worked with Boost Mobile but not so much with Cricket.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

My cellphone-still under warranty-stopped working. Unlike just about any other product, you couldn't just return it to a Cricket dealership. You had to ship it back. They had to inspect it. They shipped back a replacement. That took a week. No phone in the interim. Then, to get it activated was a nightmare. Long time on the phone, with representatives from foreign countries, whose English abilities were "basic," at best. Even after a number of attempts, my phone was never activated. Cricket used to be a smaller, friendlier company. Now it is pure corporate. No soul.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I don't really like Cricket and thinking of changing carriers. Data is way too slow and overall just not good. My bill is always changing. Phones they have are cheap. And hard to understand customer service.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Customer service is excellent. Service is great, and you get twelve gigs of data for 50.00 per month! I've been with Sprint, AT&T, Verizon, Metro PCS and had a TracFone but none of those compare to Cricket!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Cricket uses the AT&T network. Fast and reliable. Great customer service in Crickets stores!! Phone support SUCKS!!! Overall, I am really comfortable with the Cricket company. Phones are reasonably priced as well.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

This is to me the best company I have had so far. I have five lines and only pay one hundred dollars, for unlimited calling and texting and internet. What more could I ask for?

Cricket Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

• Best for: Cricket Wireless is best for budget-conscious consumers, business owners and parents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs