1.75/5

1447 Cricket Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Cricket sucks up data on my 5mg plan to force customers into buying more 'unlimited' data. I have proof of the usage Cricket pulls data during the wee hours of the morning (while I'm on my home internet and sleeping). How is that even possible? Every month my data is used up 3-5 days before my plan renews. I don't have any social media apps on my phone or other misc apps that drain data. I barely use my phone's data, just for emails, Pandora and occasional Facebook (I'm never on Facebook more than 10 minutes in a day or every other day).

There is NO WAY I'm churning through 5mg of data in a month. I don't watch videos on my phone, don't have Instagram, Snapchat or anything like that. I've complained to Cricket and they are never able to give an explanation why massive amounts of data is pulled from my account during the wee hours of the morning, while I'm sleep and connected to my home Wi-Fi. I will be checking into a class action lawsuit concerning this!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Horrible service. Canceled after 3 days of service and they kept my money. Said they considered the 3 days as excellent service and I should have stayed with them. Horrible company out to steal your money with terrible customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Went to local store in Kingwood, TX, to add a new line. Cricket didn't have any record about store payment and two days later they suspended my service. Call to Cricket solved the problem only after I made additional payment. They would not honor store payment and told me to go to store with a receipt to solve this. Completely unprofessional service. I would advise staying away from Cricket due to their customer service, or lack of it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Sitting at home I got a message on my phone that my pin code was changed, not by me of course. Customer service explained that if a person physically has my phone they can change my account pin code. The person who did it even left her name, which was not on my account, but costumer service changed the code on the account anyway. What is the point of security codes and subsequent security questions in case you forget your pin code, if they aren't required to access the account. After fingering with their representatives her explanation is "some people forget the code so we just change it for them, per policy". NO SECURITY AT ALL... COMPLETE WORTHLESS CUSTOMER SERVICE... Don't even need to be a customer to mess with a person's account, just their name and number.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I purchased a new Samsung from Cricket that turned out to have Bluetooth issues. I went back to the store 8 times attempting to troubleshoot. Soft reset, factory restore, delete partition cache and still would not work! Made a warranty claim and returned phone through UPS. Next day I received a refurbished one with no SIM card, battery or rear cover. I have a box of useless parts. Cricket told me I have to buy a new card myself and that it was my fault for not removing these items prior to shipment. Now I am out $150 for nothing. PLEASE do yourself a favor and DO NOT sign up for service with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I got Cricket back in Feb. 2018, service was great, now 7 months later if I'm lucky I get one bar as far as a signal and I was told today that there wasn't anything they could do. I highly discourage anyone going to Cricket Wireless. It's not worth the money!!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Their data plan is total crap. You blow through 20 gigs in a few days without even using it much. That was in the first month. Now I don't even get through half of my data before it cuts off completely, especially when using mobile data which costs an extra $10 which makes no sense at all. Total scam. Verizon was better.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I went in to take advantage of the sale, bring your number get free phone. After the rep called ATT together my account number. And after charging me 126.47. Told me they couldn't give me a phone or service. I was already on their tower. I was told money would be back on my card after midnight. It wasn't. When I filed. Complaint with bank they canceled my card. Told me to contact Cricket. To get refund. So now my money is frozen until I get new card. I have no money to even eat. If they take my money in a few seconds, they should return it in a few seconds.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I switched from Sprint to Cricket. I haven't ever had a problem with Sprint up until recently when they tried to charge me a 545$ fee for a device that I returned to them in July. I was furious and did not want to deal with a company that did this to me. I also did not want to get my phones shut off, or be reported to credit bureaus... but I was NOT going to pay that fee to them! I was getting nowhere with Sprint (their customer care is atrocious), so I stopped into a Cricket store in Mt. Pleasant, MI. Julia was there to help me set up service and port in my numbers. She was very helpful and pleasant and made the process easy. Service and coverage has been great. We also received free phones, and the bill is about 50$ less per month. I am a happy customer! I am still new to the company, but so far, Julia, the service, the price, and the app to manage my account on my phone are all things I really like.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I was looking for a less expensive cell service. I had been with my previous one for 12 years. Cricket's representative promised me all the bells and whistles my old provider did. Visual voicemail does not work and the tech did not know how to fix it. I uninstalled, reinstalled, updated, etc. Whatever. It does not work. NADA! I do not get notifications for text and voicemail on my icons. I cannot upload more than three pics at a time. This service is more suited for a government oriented program for people that need a cellphone service. This service is not targeted for people that depend on a NEED BASIS for business. If I had been informed of the lack of regular cell service limitations, I would never have chosen Cricket.

Cricket Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

• Best for: Cricket Wireless is best for budget-conscious consumers, business owners and parents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs