1.80/5
Based on 233 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Cricket Wireless

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 23, 2018

1333 Cricket Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

After being frustrated with the lack of memory and the expenses I was shelling out with my current phone, I looked at my options. Cricket and Metro PCS seemed to be about the same ratings-wise and price. I ultimately went with Cricket because I had read about their phone recycle program which Metro did not have. The two guys at the store I went to were great. I ended up spending an hour there. Much longer than I had anticipated. I had no issues on that end. However, when I looked at my bill, it showed that the amount due was the 8th of March even though I got the phone on the 9th of February. The built-in application made it seem simple to change the due date. All I needed to do was move the day one forward. I tried doing it through chat but I was told to do it via the phone.

I called the phone number, bypassed the option to speak Spanish and got someone who had a thick accent and apparently did not understand English too well. It also sounded like she was chewing gum. She told me they were unable to move the due date and I would be dropped from the program and suggested I try another program. All I wanted was to move it from the 8th to the 9th. How was that so difficult? I couldn't understand all that she was saying and got annoyed. I mean I only signed up because of the reviews. I could have easily gone with Metro. I said "Thank you" and hung up. However since then, I have been getting multiple text messages from Cricket in Spanish. My call with them ended at 1:20 and I have gotten over fifteen messages in the span of four minutes telling me it is not necessary to respond. This seems like spam to me.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

According to the Ralph the c.s. supervisor he is now the person who signs everyone's paychecks at Cricket. He refused to let me speak with anyone else above him, stating he was the highest. So I asked him if he signed the paychecks because if not then there is someone else I can speak with. Then of course crickets... He disconnected the call. Signed up for new service and order was cancelled because Cricket won't take symbols in the address that matches credit card billing and they won't take orders over the phone and told me to use a different card or try it again after they just took out 409.00 for a new phone and service that I now will have to wait to get credited back to me. I was told by the supervisor because of my address that I would not be able to ever have service with them unless I change my address. I just want my money back and never deal with them again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 22, 2018 I was with Cricket for nearly a year and up until a couple days ago I had nothing bad to say about them. Now I have canceled my service and am selling my phone. I needed a new phone because my old phone would not receive phone calls in my basement, yes it was a software issue and not an issue with service.

I went into a physical Cricket store near me and was wanting to look at the LG Stylo 3. They had a replica on display, it was a dummy phone that I couldn't actually test out before I bought it. I went online and the reviews for the phone were phenomenal so I decided to go with it. When I got back home to check out my new phone I liked some things about it but there were a few things that I couldn't live with for the next 2 years which is how long I typically keep my phones. It was a "cheaper" phone so I wasn't sure what to expect.

So I wanted to upgrade my phone, I wanted a better camera, sound, screen, etc. Than the Stylo 3 had and something I was used to. Don't get me wrong the Stylo 3 was nice. So I decided to return the phone a day later. Upon returning the phone I was told that I would be charged a $25 dollar restocking fee which was not listed on the return policy posted on the checkout counter... What was posted was a policy of being able to return merchandise within 7 days if returned in like new condition. The lady said that it was printed on the back of the receipt that was printed out after I had already purchased the phone. Now this one I was not really upset about even though it seemed unethical. She then tells me my total that would be refunded to my card and it was $50 less than what I had paid a day earlier.

I asked her about it and she said that I was charged an "upgrade" fee and it was non-refundable. I told her that that didn't seem right as in ethical, and she assured me that it was a policy set by corporate. Mind you, I actually downgraded my phone. Now I know $50 dollars isn't a lot of money, especially for Cricket Wireless after taking in all that dough from unethical business practices, but it was the idea that I wanted to continue service with them and change phones and was hit with unnecessary fees. I called Cricket and they said that it was non-refundable. So now I'm voicing my opinion. I understand that fees may be necessary but I think $50 dollars is a little absurd especially on my $130 phone.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

In December 2017 I left Verizon Wireless due to billing and service problems. A friend of mine recommended Cricket wireless and after talking to a few more of my friends and how they love the service I decided to go with Cricket. When I signed up I had to buy a phone from Cricket because I still owed money on my Verizon phone. So I bought a phone for 10.00 because I knew as soon as my Verizon phone was paid off I was going to put on my Cricket service. Upon signing up with Cricket I told them what I was going to do with the phones. They told me that it wouldn't be any problem. Well that was a big lie.

A week ago I switched phones on my account so that left me with my 10.00 phone I purchased from their company. Thinking that since I paid for the phone it is mine to use however I wanted to. Well that was not the case. Yesterday I tried to put the 10.00 phone on my friend's TracFone account because she wanted to upgrade her phone and since I had this extra phone I didn't see why she couldn't use it. Well to find out the phone is locked I cannot use it for any other provider except Cricket Wireless even though it is paid for. I spoke to four different managers. Well at least that is what they told me but they all was foreign so who's to say, with one Cricket wireless company and I got from them telling me I have to have my account for 6 months before they could unlock my phone.

Then they read the terms and conditions and policies to me. So I got another Cricket phone number. The company is located in Georgia and I spoke to a customer service and she told me the same thing. I could not get the unlock pin until I been on my service plan for 6 months. So after arguing with her and listening her reading the policies and terms and conditions to me over and over I asked speak to a manager. Oh dont let me forget the woman said she could not bend the policies because she would lose her job.

I told her, "As a customer service person you should lose your job for not helping your customer and trying to keep your customer happy." After she put her supervisor on and again I was read the terms and conditions and the policies. And on top of that I was told that the 10.00 phone has to be on my account for 6 months for it to be unlocked.

My reply was, "I have a 600.00 phone which is better than the 10.00 phone and I was told upon signing up with your company I could use my Verizon phone with no problem. Now you're telling me I have to use the phone I bought from your company for 6 months to have it unlocked and leave my 600.00 phone lay around and not use it" and her reply is yes. I told her that I was going back to Verizon. At least they will work with their customers and help them and her reply was, "Well am sorry but that is your choice. There is nothing I can do for you." So again she read the terms and conditions and policies to me again. Their Customer service sucks as well. They are liars.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Our phone was not connected to the service even though we were getting billed. When I called they told me to take out the battery. The battery was hardwired into the phone and it ruined it taking the battery out. They refused to replace it even though they acknowledged responsibility. It is a cheap 100 dollar phone. All I wanted them to do was send another phone. They said it was a warranty problem. Ha. They broke my phone and I'm so mad. Refused to give me last names. All were overseas phone calls. Then he said I knew the phone would break if I followed the techs instructions and I had no insurance. He said that with no insurance he could not help that the tech broke the phone. Finally got Randy on phone who is escalating the problem... I'll let you know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I've been a Cricket customer for about 3 months now. I live in the Tampa area. My first experience switching to cricket from Boost Mobile the young lady charged me 25.00 more for something I didn't buy. My husband and I have 2 phones. We were switching to the 80.00 plan. The girl told me she couldn't give me change back because her manager wasn't available so I would have to pick an accessory for my phone for 25.00. After a brief argument, I asked her to credit my account. Again she couldn't because her manager wasn't there. Yet she was texting back and forth with her manager.

Finally after an hour of my time she said ok. No record of this was kept. I asked her to write it on my receipt in case she wasn't there the following day due to being fired. Quit. Etc. I asked if she could sign it after she wrote it. Because anyone could write it. She argued that her name was on the receipt. Not acceptable. End result I did get credited. 2nd month paid. Young man was great. 3rd payment north Armenia girl was too busy texting to give me her attention while trying to take my contact info and money. I had to ask for verification on my account to make sure it was actually my account. I gave her 85.00. My bill was 79.50. 3 dollar service fee for paying my bill. She gave me 2.00 back.

I asked, "What was the payment again?" She replied, "I don't have change in my drawer so I didn't give you your .49 cents back". I said, "Can it be credited to my account then?" She replied replied, "Oh? My manager isn't here. When she gets back I'll ask her". What's going on with Cricket? They keep taking my money. No respect. I am ready to give Cricket a big HORRIBLE review & switch back to boost where they are more professional. Cricket seems to not care about their customers. They continue to take money from me and it's getting tiresome

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I had many unpleasant experiences with this horrible phone carrier up till now. Their customer service reps are horribly rude and most even lie about the status of their connection. The area where I live is a dead zone for over a block, I have to walk far just to make a phone call. Their reps often state nothing is wrong but one stated the towers are deteriorating and would work on fixing the problem. Days passed I am still with the same problem. I get yet another rude customer service rep saying she doesn't have to explain anything once I confronted them about the issue and hangs up. Now it turns out every time I try reaching them an automated response states their offices are closed, no matter what time of day I call. I'm not having this, I'll never go back to that carrier and I'll probably just sue for customer negligence and malpractice.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Every time I call customer service I get someone in India or The Philippines that I can barely understand. The person will repeat everything you say back to you and still doesn't get it right. They are extremely incompetent. The local store is better. But, on those day when you just don't have time to go in it would be nice if they could help you on the phone quick and efficiently. #CheapLabor???

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I bought ZTE Blade phone, from Cricket 10/2017, two week the phone turn off, I went to the store. They told me. there is nothing they can do, the phone turn back on about 4 hrs, it went back off again, how can they get away selling bad stuffs and get away, I am at home no phone.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

We tried Cricket Wireless for a month, price is good but the connection sucked. After paying for the second month bill, 12 days later we switched back to Verizon. I called the 1-800 number to speak with a representative, she informed me that because I had not called in about my connection issues, they would not be refunding me for the rest of the month that I did not use!?? So they are basically stealing from unhappy customers. This is not right. For a company to claim they are just as good as Verizon and they have no contracts needed, this is so wrong!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I switched to Cricket Wireless because I was convinced by the staff that it was the better wireless carrier. Well, they lied! The ONE thing I use my phone for is being able to be notified via text by my bank and being able to register my phone for text notifications with a TON of other things. As it turns out, Cricket Wireless does NOT support those types of things. So, when my checking account is being hacked by someone who stole my purse, I don't get a notification saying my account is being used! Also, the service for wifi/data is ALWAYS crummy, like... 1 bar crummy.

Oftentimes the ones I talk to, cannot hear me because there's a glitch with my phone. I'm mainly just irritated that Cricket Wireless phones cannot receive text alerts from banks, schools or anything else I need alerts from. It's pitiful to lie in order for your products to make money... just a shame. Since I'm on a rant, maybe if your employees knew what the heck they were talking about when selling a phone, you wouldn't have so many ticked off customers. I'm switching back to T-Mobile next month. It might be pricey, but it's worth the money.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Cricket Wireless is junk. They screen everything you do on your phone I also thought I would get some type of break with resigning back up with Cricket. Was I wrong. I paid $175.09 for almost everything and 2 days later the phone locks up. I called them to see if they could like help me out. They asked me if I had phone insurance. I said no they said they could not help me out. I said I do have the receipt still they again said they could not help me. I am not very happy with this service. Did not get a break at all in signing back up and the service is bad as well. I do think they should shut this service down for neglect on poor service and not backing up their junk phones. Come next month this service is history. Never again with this company. They have lost me for a customer and I do know other customers who have changed their services as well. I rate this company 1 to 10 1 being the worst I rate it a 1.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I received a text stating that my credit card was refused and to please update. I went to the link provided on the phone and updated my credit card to pay the bill. Two days later, the phone was cut, no service. I called to find out why and they offered to reconnect the line after the bill was paid. She told me there would be a $3 charge to do this. Why? They are helping me to do vs. me doing this myself online. I tried to pay the bill online but their system would not accept so I am asking for assistance to pay and put the phone back online. The $3 charge was not refunded even though I've have done all my transactions online up to this point. It's only $3, but it's just the principle of them nickel and diming you for "call in" service. I get the idea of doing everything yourself online, but when that does not work, it's important to be able to call customer service to resolve the issue. Customers should not have to pay when requesting for assistance.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I went to their 131 Colonie Ctr shop to buy a phone that I could use for my international travel. I clearly stated what I needed and where I was going on vacation. They sold me a phone that they knew would not work. I got to my destination and tried to use the phone and it didn't work. I called their customer service and they took more money from me then told me after that the phone will not work outside the USA. I have gone back to this store and called customer service and both tell me they can't do anything to get my money back. This is clear fraud. I should not pay for services I did not receive.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I paid my bill 1 day late and to my surprise they tack on a $10 late charge. I never encountered a prepaid cell company that tack on late fees until now. What Cricket does not realize is customers are not under contract. They have no representation to charge late fees. Customers should be free to stop and start services without incurring late fees on any prepaid plan.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I've been with Cricket for just over 3 years now. When I went in to the Cricket store expecting my bill to go up because I needed to change one of my lines to unlimited data I was thrilled to be told that not only would I be able to get unlimited data for all 5 of my lines but that my monthly bill would be going down. The service and support I rec'd was superb, I have been toying with leaving Cricket because of some issues I had been having with support but they hooked me completely back in with this one.

NOTE - you need to find a Cricket store that is not a franchise and is fully supported by Cricket, the one I have found helps me every single time without question. YOU WILL NEVER GET THE SERVICE YOU SHOULD FROM ONE OF THE FRANCHISES, they are too worried about pulling money in and never about your needs especially if it involves refunds of ANY type.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I called to pay a friend's bill & was told I had to pay $71 to reactivate the phone, which is a $26 difference from what he was paying. I told him so he called to see what the extra fees were for. After a while of talking to customer service & hearing the options they gave him; which included buying a SIM card from Wal-Mart, I told him just pay it to keep his number. Ben-** from customer service told him now he has to pay $76. Bad business Cricket!!! Would never recommend.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Sold me a phone that you couldn't put a new sim card in then made me pay full price for a new phone then no refund on the two weeks I had no phone. Went to Cricket in Appleton WI. Got told by the manager he couldn't do anything to help me so I called the number he rudely gave me. They told me to send it back so I tried and there is no damage to the phone but it was sent back to me anyways still broke. I have 4 phones with them now but I'm going to Sprint. I will pay a bigger bill but I was treated with respect and the phones are way nicer then Cricket. Then they took away the rewards program.

The guy at Cricket should be terminated asap. He doesn't belong in customer service. As for Cricket as a corporation should be ashamed for letting good people get hosed by the overpriced phones and terrible service. I will be posting a copy of this on Twitter and Facebook. Prepaid phones were meant to help people get a phone that can't afford it. Now we can't even afford your garbage because of these problems you seem not to care about.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I purchased over $800 of products from Cricket online including iPhone 8 and cell phone insurance. I went to check my usage and noticed insurance was not on the phone. After over 11/2 hours on the phone they said that the insurance was added incorrectly by Cricket but since it had been more than two weeks SINCE I NOTICED THEIR ERROR, it is too late to add the insurance. (I took my phone into the store to show it is fine. The store verified this.) After searching the internet for possible solutions I see this has happened to others. I have disputed this charge on my credit card and if they cannot correct their error and add the insurance correctly I guess I'm on my way back to AT&T. STAY AWAY FROM CRICKET.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I called Cricket Wireless & inquired diligently if they had service at 89445 to which I was assured that they did. Purchased a sim card (since I had an unlocked phone) & activated the service one day before I travelled to said zip code. I had service until approximately 15 miles to my destination & for two weeks 'not registered on network' is the message I keep getting. Talked with customer service throughout those two weeks & issue has not been resolved. Upon request for a refund because the service is not working where I need it, I was informed that a SIM card is an accessory hence cannot be refunded. I enquired if I can get the refund of $50 less the sim card & was denied. 2 stars for great service when it works.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I purchased a phone (ZTE Blade X Max) for $129 because I was not a new customer! I noticed that when I would receive or send a notification the speaker would make a static sound. So I was told to bring it back and they would exchange it for a new one since the phone was defective. So I went to the store that's located on Epps Bridge in Athens GA and was quickly told it was passed my 7 days so they wouldn't exchange the phone. I was told I would have to pay the $40 insurance deductible to get another phone! So I was really paying $169 for the phone that was defective from the day I bought it! Wow that's great customer service right there! I wouldn't recommend their service to my dog much less anyone else!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I was trying to switch my service to Cricket Wireless. I purchased a phone and service. I was using my old number from Straight Talk to transfer, was not supposed to touch the number until I got the phone. Well they did, my order was canceled and my old number would not work. I called customer service (horrible service and a nightmare). They said they couldn't fix my service to my old phone cause it was my fault that I had to call Straight Talk. I called Straight Talk (bless their heart).

She was online with me for two hours trying to fix my phone but said Cricket Wireless owns the number now. So I ended up having to get a new phone number and sim from Straight Talk. And I was supposed to get my refund back from my cancel order within 3 business days. I am now on a week still waiting for it. I would never recommend Cricket Wireless to anyone. Horrible customer service can't understand what they are saying, and when you call it is Africa that you are calling. DO NOT GO WITH THEM!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I paid 180.00 to connect 4 phones but only one was connected because it wasn't locked. The other 3 phones were locked. I feel that they should've let me know that the other 3 phones were locked before I paid. I feel that I should get a refund. They didn't even give me a receipt because they said the printer was out. This happened in a store in Ridgewood NY on Myrtle Ave.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Cricket Wireless ripped me off. I submitted my T-Mobile prepaid phone IMEI number into their website and they told me my phone was unlocked so based on this tremendous lie I purchased a SIM card and paid for their phone service and waited to get my SIM card in the mail. They claimed all I had to do was put the SIM card in my phone and activate it through their website. THIS WAS A LIE!!! My phone was locked and I could not activate their service. I spent 2 hours going through their customer service talking to people who did not understand what I was saying and kept transferring me to wrong lines. I decided then I did not want to pay for this service and wanted a refund since it had been so much trouble.

Paying $20 more a month using T-Mobile is totally worth not having to deal with all this nonsense! So much time had passed since when I had called Cricket to get this sorted out. I really just needed phone service so I paid my T-Mobile bill. I don't live in the safest area. I needed to have access to a working phone. I was no longer interested in Cricket Service. I just wanted a refund because their website lied to me and had me pay for a SIM card and phone service I COULD NOT USE! So I walked to the nearest Cricket Wireless store and the guy said my phone was locked by T-Mobile but his system said my phone was unlocked, which by the way is something that shouldn't happen and was physical evidence that Cricket Wireless owed me a refund!!!

He asked if I wanted him to spend the time getting in contact with T-Mobile to unlock my phone and I said no because T-Mobile is honest and reliable, a little pricey, but they don't rip me off. All I know is that their website lied to me, their customer service was the worst I have ever experienced in my entire life, they refused to give me a refund even though they clearly and undeniably ripped me off, and I will go onto every review page of Cricket Wireless on the internet and let everyone know how absolutely terrible and dishonest they are.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Cricket retail on S. Nevada very unprofessional - This Cricket location apparently hires crazy people with personal issues who don't know how to be professional at work for their management positions. I was nearly attacked by a female manager at this location simply because she had a personal issue with a friend of mine in the past. I live in the neighborhood so I walked in to purchase a phone as I have been a Cricket customer for some time, and was ignored by the employees after waiting about 30 minutes for assistance. When I finally got the attention of one of the employees I was told that he was told not to help me. I asked why and the manager or supervisor whom I had met before at a previous job but never had words with told me to leave.

I asked her why and she began to come towards me in a threatening manner. Luckily my fiance was there to stop her from attacking me but had he not been there witnessing her coming towards me I believe she would have hit me. I left pretty upset that I can't even visit the closest Cricket location to me simply because of this crazy lady's personal issues that have nothing to do with me and everything to do with the way she conducts herself at work. She should be fired. She is a liability to this Cricket location.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I purchased a phone on Dec.20. Returned to the Store Dec.27. They told me it was 8 days. The day I buy the phone is a day lost. (Not what the refund policy says.) On Dec. 25 they are closed for business (you can't COUNT a business day IF you're not available for customer service). I have a defective phone and they don't want to exchange the phone. I was told to go the UPS Store let them inspect the phone then wait 2-3 days for my phone. I would lose more days and business without a phone. I prepaid for a month of service and that will now be altered because they don't want to honor their policy.

I talked to at least 5 representatives. This call highly stressed me. They took my money, gave me a phone that don't operate correctly, ask me to lose service days and won't honor their policy. If you thinking about going with this company look at MANY REVIEWS. AWFUL, DISHONEST AND THEY ARE PART OF AT&T. Unbelievable. This phone is still in the seal!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I think it is ridiculous that active duty military men and women who are out of the country on deployments can not suspend service without having to continue to pay every month. What is even the point of suspending the service if you still have to pay for it? All other phone companies offer benefits to our military and will suspend service with faxed or emailed orders of deployment.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Porting 5 lines over, worst experience I ever had and most painful. I continue to call and it is always my fault or the company I am porting from. Not worth the savings at all, they will not accept any fault or compensate for time list since activation or cancellation is port.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

If I could give Cricket a 1/2 star I would. Ordered a phone on Friday at 7:30 AM. Was told would get it the next day because I ordered before 2 pm. No phone received. Worst part it was a Christmas gift... THE Christmas gift for my daughter. Person from the offshore call center tells me you won't get it until Tuesday. She then tells me she is going to call UPS and then call me back. No callback. Next guy I speak to tells me she told me that to get me off the phone. Wow! Basically I was told there is nothing they can do. "We don't deliver the phones. That's up to UPS." If these first dealings with this company is any indication of their ongoing service... I will be canceling. Switching back to my old service.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Cricket sucks. My phone stopped working and because insurance was bought for it I thought I would get it in the 3 to 5 days like they said. Wrong. It's been over a month and they haven't sent it to me. We've been on the phone for hours trying to get this new phone and it still hasn't arrived. My brother's phone broke after mine and he got his sooner because his phone was under the manufacturer's warranty, while I was basically punished for keeping my phone for over a year. The first phone they sent after 2 to 3 weeks was under my mother's phone number and the one they just sent us and we just got (that we had to send to an alternate address because they've tried to send the correct phone to us twice now) was under my father's number. They can't get me my phone and I'm damn tired of it. Never trust these people and never get insurance for your phone from them.

Cricket Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

• Best for: Cricket Wireless is best for budget-conscious consumers, business owners and parents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Cricket Wireless Company Information

www.cricketwireless.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use