3.6/5 (775 ratings)

About Cricket Wireless

Cricket Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: July 6, 2022

I've used Cricket Wireless for over a year now. Before this I actually used Metro By T-Mobile. When I compare both cellular companies I actually get better coverage almost where ever I go. Although where I live it's kind of slow sometimes but most of the time I'm able to do most of my things. Usually I need to have internet when I go to work in which cricket does the job. 100% of the time it works for me. When I used Metro where I used to work never gave me any coverage meaning that I had no service. In metro they charged me almost $200 for having three phones in my plan. Whereas in Cricket they charge me $130 a month for 3 phones. I personally think Cricket does a better job when it comes to providing coverage wherever you go. Although it may not be the best to load up YouTube videos and play games it still does a better job in coverage than in metro. Prices a a lot more cheaper for plans but it's a good cellular provider where I live.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Rearing assured will be there for future visit. Destiny and the guy man Abdullah were great of everything that they told me. At the end of the day I will be very much appreciative of everything that they told me and let me know about the services of the iPhone and also the inductive prices and comparison of my options inside the options that could’ve been another option since I was actually switching from another option so this would be a good place that I will come to next time for my kids and probably recommend for other people in my extended family and very supportive of.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2022

After waiting for approximately 45 mins to talk to a live person. Cindy from customer service pickup. She was very cheerful and had great enthusiasm. My goal was to help my son save money by paying his bill online which I had tried to do earlier that day. She was very clear and precise while she walked me through the process, I did complete earlier. She answered any and all questions I had. Thanks for your help Cindy 3/5/22 6:22 pm.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

I decided against another lengthy commitment and, after some research, decided to give Cricket Wireless a chance. Cricket is a subsidiary of AT&T and having had service with the latter for many years, I knew what to expect as far as coverage, data speeds, etc. I wanted a flagship device which is not something offered by Cricket itself, but since they use the same SOC (System Operator Code, 89014) it is possible to use an AT&T device with Cricket service. I subscribe to the $60/month Unlimited Cricket More plan, using my AT&T Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G.

I have used the service for over 6-months now and continually exceed the 22GB usage threshold. Many reviews I have read state that there are maximum download speeds which may be true on other plans, but not the aforementioned. I have never been "throttled" or slowed-down and get consistent LTE download speeds of 100-200Mbps and am able to stream full HD video. I am still in a 4G market as of writing this review but have noticed my phone switching between 4G/5G for the last few weeks and expect that 5G will be deployed soon. This plan is not for someone who is just going to do basic web-surfing, email, social media, etc., but for someone like myself who uses a large amount of mobile data and expects day 30 to be the same as day 1 of the billing cycle, the Unlimited Cricket More Plan is perfect...

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I've been with Cricket for a year in November and they've been a good company. I gave 5 stars because I've not had any issues with them. They have good service, they have hotspot data that you can replenish if you run out, they have the newer phones so you're not stuck with an older, cheaper phone but they also have cheaper phone options, you can bring an unlocked phone over without having to pay to register it, and there's much more. I've only had one issue with them last month, but aside from that, they've been amazing.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Owned by Verizon. 1st MISTAKE. Phone made in Viet-nam. 2nd MISTAKE. Piss poor customer service most of the time by employees who know, little or nothing about the company or service. Empty promises about having a lost phone under optional insurance plan. Hoping to drop Cricket A.S.A.P.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Lakisha and Noah on Washington Rd in Augusta, Ga. were very helpful and courteous. I tried to port my number thru the helpline, which was a joke and they could not understand my needs and were very unprofessional. Thank Goodness for these 2 individuals that saved the day! Cricket needs more folks like them.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

Does anyone's account get notated? Issue started 9/9. It is now 9/20. Still unresolved. They will not credit my account after 1 of the 15-customer support agents that I had spoken to. One said they would credit my account 10 dollars for a sim card I had purchased and was link to the wrong phone. Another agent said they could not do anything until I had a phone connected to the account. Very displeased and unsatisfied. All I heard was buy a sim card. Buy a phone. But couldn't resolve the issue at hand. Money hungry company. Should've stayed with Boost Mobile.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I been with Cricket for over 12 years and I will never go back. They treat and talk to their customers like they're stupid so I recommend anyone who thinking about joining cricket wireless not to. They will cut off your access to the My Cricket app just to get extra fees when you call to pay. Their 7 day bridge pay is false. It's not a week. It's only 6 days from the time you pay. That being said they know how to get over on the people they serve.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

He worked extensively on getting my device to work and he did just what he was there to do. After I have taken my phone around town to see if they could get it to work no go. Jacob did his thing. Thanks again Jacob you're also a great d.j. Kudos to you.

Cricket Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

Cricket Wireless Company Information