Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.55/5

Cricket Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

We have been using Cricket for over 3 yrs now without any problems or issues. If you want a no-frills carriers Cricket is the answer. Voice and data plan with automatic credit card debit is the lowest available. Just recently they are some additional plans are available such as wireless calling, unlimited data and mobile hot spot. Like other carriers new subscribers get a better deal than upgrading a existing plan just like the other carriers. If you want to purchase a phone with a plan the selection is limited so it is best to purchase a unlocked GSM phone from eBay or Amazon or the many other on-line sellers.

There are stores are geographically located near population centers so you do not have to search far to find a location. We have yet had a need to visit a store to resolve any issues. The one we organically visited to activate the BYOD. All that was necessary was change out the SIM card with a Cricket Wireless and activate our account. There are no long waits like the major carriers to pay bills, resolve phone issues and purchase accessories.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I love Cricket because I used to have AT&T. Now that’s a pain in the neck and charge me 125 a month and not much service. And prepare to wait until you going into labor if you are pregnant. AT&T is the worst of the worst and they were about to go bankrupt until iPhone use their only company to Apple phone buyers and boy were they cocky. And I hate AT&T and I would use payphone before I use AT&T. Is really a ridiculous company SO I SWITCH to CRICKET and was I grateful. And still now I pay 95 for 2 lines and unlimited internet use. And sometimes it will slow down a little when overused so no worries as long as I get there.

And AT&T offers 4 GB for 125. If I don’t use it it will not roll over and still pay the same price. I freaking hate AT&T. And I had cricket for 3 years now and never have issue with payment to connection to customer service. Always very short wait and the people at cricket was helpful and patient especially to Edwin who had helped me reset my network when I suddenly lost internet connection on my phone. CRICKET love and all of you should give it a try. But yet I afraid if cricket getting too big it will become another AT&T SO CRICKET don’t change. And I like cricket just the way it is and always.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

My most recent experience was on October 7, 2019. Unfortunately, I had just lost my phone. This was the first time. I went into a local shop located at 30-29 Steinway Street, Astoria (Queens) New York. There I was greeted by **, the store manager. I explained my situation and ** assisted me in ing another phone. The phone I had was a Samsung S9. I was not looking for any particular brand this time, I just wanted one that would prove reliable. ** showed me a LG Stylo 5 which he said was being offered through Cricket for considerably less than what it was being offered for in a larger store, Best Buy.

I was not familiar with the LG smartphones, although I actually have other large LG products at home: refrigerator and television. He showed me the stylus (hence, "Stylo") feature which was attached to the phone. I think that was the feature which made me particularly interested in purchasing the LG. In addition, the price was reasonable and price, of course, was the number one factor. ** was efficient, professional and quite pleasant. He took time to get the new phone set up with a new SIM card. He was able to retrieve and restore my contacts, texts and photos from the lost phone. I was very happy about that because I had been concerned that they may have been lost as well. I was quite satisfied with the customer service I received from ** and left feeling content with a new phone.

As for Cricket itself, I have had no issue with the service. I switched to Cricket when it was just moving into my neighborhood, the store I went into was just being put up. I wanted to switch from other carriers with the main problem being that other carriers I had were not able to provide service where I traveled often, about 4 hours outside of New York City. I decided that if the service from Cricket functioned in that area then I would gladly switch and become a customer.

The pricing was good and I was able to save $5 per month by using the automatic payment. This works well for me because I do not have to be concerned with going into a store or mailing off a bill to make a payment and there is no chance of having my service terminated should I forget to do so. I have told many friends and relatives to consider switching to Cricket when they have told me about problems they experience with their providers. I cannot understand why anyone would choose to sign a 2 year contract and have high monthly payments.

Actually, there is one change that has been made since Cricket has expanded and now has many more customers. This is an important subject. The thing that really stood out and impressed me when I was new to Cricket was that when I called for information, there was an ACTUAL PERSON who answered the call! I used to tell folks about how nice that was and that it made me really want to continue as a Cricket customer. Sadly, that is not the case anymore. Cricket has, unfortunately, gone the way of most others by having an automated answering system with a menu. However, I continue to recommend Cricket as a good choice for a cellular service provider.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

This company has never raised their price on me. I was told my 5 phones would be $125.00 with unlimited data. Although it does not have service in some areas that Sprint which is overpriced and steals your money even having proof that you paid them the bill they still take your money from you and God help if you ever pay Sprint with a credit card. Getting out of Sprint is almost impossible. They keep taking your money even after they send you a Zero Balance forward bill.

Thank God for attorneys. Sprint is making a settlement offer to me at this time not sure how much I'm going to get. But Cricket also has phone service in places that you don't get with Sprint. I believe that Cricket has a bit less service but where you get it you also get internet. With Sprint just cause you may have phone service you don't always get internet and they consistently raise the price of your bill. With Cricket I've never had a bill any different than what I was told I would pay. The price of Cricket is well worth it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I have been a Cricket customer for over 3 years. I have not had any problems. Their service is the most reliable prepaid service I have used, even when I go to rural areas. I didn't like that they cap your data at 8mbs. But since they came out with the Unlimited Extra plan last year that isn't the case anymore. I am constantly getting speeds well over 60mbs. I don't have any experience with any of the phones you can buy from their stores or online. I have always used my own phone that I buy unlocked. Autopay has always been the way to pay for me. I've never had a problem with them not taking a payment. I know when it's coming out and to make sure the money's available. In the 3 years I've been a customer I've only had to call customer service a handful of times and my problems were resolved quickly. I would highly recommend Cricket to anyone looking for prepaid wireless.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I purchased the cheapest plan they offer so I wasn’t expecting a lot. I don’t care about data speeds (hence why I purchased the cheapest plan). But I expect to be able to make a phone call and have people on the other end understand what I’m saying. That didn’t happen. No matter where I am or who I call they cannot understand me. They all tell me that I’m cutting out really bad. I do not live or work in a rural area and I have a newer phone that was working absolutely fine with my previous carrier (AT&T). Cricket supposedly uses the same service as AT&T but my service has been so bad that it is useless for me to even have a phone. Ridiculous.

Original review: July 10, 2020

We're calling in to request the cancellation of service from the next billing cycle which is 22 days later and voila they cancelled it within the next 5 mins. I've been given the run around of a lifetime! After 5 hrs of haggling, still no service all because somebody somewhere didn't do his job right and no one at the store or anywhere is able to restore service.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Our Cricket store in Missoula Mt has terrible management and. The manager is cocky when speaking to you so we pay our bills via phone and while trying to Make my last payment the phone skipped and blanked out a minute. Ended up taking two payments from my bank and now I'm having to wait for a refund that nine days later hasn't posted to my account. They even verified that it was a computer glitch on their end and one representative who it happened to be her last week working there said it happens often. Time to leave cricket but we want our money back. Dirty business all around.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I purchased a cricket smart phone and a unlimited plan on July 2nd. The phone has inadequate RAM memory. I was told by the sales person it can be updated. Today, I went to purchase additional memory but the sales person sold me a memory card for storage. I returned to the store only to find they could not refund my money because there was no manager. I called customer service and was told I could return the phone with a $25 restocking fee that they would not refund the money on the card the idiot in the store sold me, and that they would not return or pro rate the monthly charge I just paid. If you are buying a phone, buy a phone anywhere else. The Reps are clearly untrained and I am now waiting for over an hour for a customer service manager to call me to resolve this. IMO, Cricket Wireless just sucks.

Original review: June 23, 2020

They altered my plan without my knowledge. I have recorded conversations. They turned off my service. Their support is in India. Poor English. DO NOT USE Them. They will screw you. They put an unusable imei number in my phone so I can't transfer it. I hate them.

Cricket Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team