Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.12/5

Cricket Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: April 9, 2020

My brother has used Cricket for 15 years and six months ago I decided to give them a try. I have the same plan as I did with a bigger company but instead of almost $90 per month, I’m now paying $57! That’s huge when you’re on a budget. I have no contract and pay by the month. The service has been excellent with no dropped calls or any other issues. Customer service is fantastic! The only issue I have with Cricket is there are no payment plans available to purchase a pricey phone (read iPhone or Android). That being said, they do have available many lesser value phones that can be purchased or bring your already paid for phone which is what I did. All in all, the service is excellent and I’m saving $360 a year!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

The best part about a Cricket is the price - 3 lines for $90 unlimited everything. You can get 4 lines for $100. It’s a lot better than Sprint. I paid $189 a month for 2 lines and didn’t get any better service. I will say although I paid Sprint for 2 months after I switched to Cricket but could never get my iPhone 7 to work with Cricket. So I had to buy a new phone. I found the prices of the phones less at Cricket than at Sprint too. So as far as I’m concerned, I’m much happier at Cricket than with Sprint. You can pay online, by phone or at one of their locations. Everything is easy. I like that they don’t try to make you sign a contract to lease a phone like they did at Sprint. No more phone contracts for me- I’m very happy with Cricket.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I personally like Cricket Wireless and services but I would like to add few things when it comes to compare with other prepaid companies like Metro PCS or Boost Mobile. Just like other companies offers unlimited plans for $50 and also offers Amazon Prime membership or Google One but cricket doesn’t offer something like that plus on their $55 plan there is a limit of max 3Mbps internet speed while in other companies there is no restrictions like that and also the last thing want to mention is the phone variety or offers. Cricket offers free phones but not as good as competitors and also they bring new models way before than cricket so these are some things I personally believe if cricket works on those then it can beat any competitors.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Cricket is that company you want to turn to when you are low on cash. They have a variety of plans that are decent to chose from. They have also increased their service area of locations. They have many more telephone options to chose from now and great customer service at a low cost. I turned to them when I hit rock bottom. They were very understanding and they worked with me through my hard financial times. The phones they offer are good quality phones that are comparable to Apple, Verizon or AT&T. The service is just as good for probably half the price. I am from El Paso, TX living in San Antonio, TX. I travel back and forth by car. I always get good reception with service by Cricket in the middle of nowhere and that is what I mean by saying that they are increasing the service of area of locations. They are buying more antennas. Cricket is the way to go economically.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

We have been using Cricket for over 3 yrs now without any problems or issues. If you want a no-frills carriers Cricket is the answer. Voice and data plan with automatic credit card debit is the lowest available. Just recently they are some additional plans are available such as wireless calling, unlimited data and mobile hot spot. Like other carriers new subscribers get a better deal than upgrading a existing plan just like the other carriers. If you want to purchase a phone with a plan the selection is limited so it is best to purchase a unlocked GSM phone from eBay or Amazon or the many other on-line sellers.

There are stores are geographically located near population centers so you do not have to search far to find a location. We have yet had a need to visit a store to resolve any issues. The one we organically visited to activate the BYOD. All that was necessary was change out the SIM card with a Cricket Wireless and activate our account. There are no long waits like the major carriers to pay bills, resolve phone issues and purchase accessories.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

The only company I've ever had to pay $4 to an automated teller to pay my bill. Only I've ever had to pay to get a hotspot $25. In the last company I use more for a month of unlimited and I've used a lot of companies. Are way way out of line with their prices. Cricket is a rip off p e r i o d.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

The company refused to accept my return even though I had not opened the box and I had returned it with my receipt within 24 hours of purchase. The receipt is illegible and the clerk was sarcastic and disrespectful.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

They lost me at least 5 dollars if you're late by a minute and lose a day of service and, "Oh let us mess your phone up too and sell ya junk phones." When I first signed up I had a big issue porting my number and activating my phone. Then if you pay on the 2nd they expect payment on the 1st. They cut you off on the 1st. And if you're late by one minute they want a additional 5 dollars. To me that's not cool during a pandemic.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Gave me the hardest time Ever, just because I wanted to unlock a phone that I paid for, with some ridiculous rules. I was a customer for 7yrs and was treated like crap. I'm glad I switched.. I will Never refer anyone to Cricket.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

This morning I called CUSTOMER CARE due to the fact that they suspended my account, when I still had 5 service days left on my account. They mentioned to me that it was due to adding 30GB of Hot Spot data last night, when I did not. I actually called the automated line and added only 15GB of Hot Spot data and paid for it over the phone and was even given a confirmation number. Still, they wanted me to pay the full amount due on my account, which was my normal plan, plus pay for the additional hotspot they added to my account without my approval. The CSR claimed she could not do anything about it, so in order to cut my service back on, I had to be placed on their Bridge Pay and forced to pay half of my bill that was supposed to be due on the 26th.

If this is how they trick people into paying for their mistakes, then it's not a good company to get involved with. They could have fixed their mistake, but chose not to. They'd rather make their customers pay additional services against their wishes by suspending their customers account and giving them no other option but to pay for their plan way before their bill is even due. Terrible phone provider, no different than Metro PCS. Will be switching providers due to how they treated this situation. Very shady, and not a trustworthy company to get involved with.

Cricket Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team