1.31/5

1575 Cricket Wireless Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I switched to Cricket one month ago, lowered my bill from $56 to $30, got a $1 for 3 months subscription to Deezer (equivalent of Spotify, instead of $11/month) so I'm really happy so far. When I was out of data, I could still use mobile internet and didn't even feel it was that slow (couldn't scroll through Instagram, which is not critical at all, but could still use maps/Uber/Lyft). Really glad I made the switch and hopefully won't have any issues down the road. Excited to save $350/year on my phone bill.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have had Cricket for almost a year. I had a Fortune phone and the battery was draining VERY fast. It started doing other things I couldn't fix either. So I went into the store and bought a Samsung Galaxy Halo. I originally wanted a different kind but they were out. The woman was very helpful. The only thing I didn't like is after I paid for the new phone I asked her about the old phone if I just gave it to them or what. It was ONLY THEN that she told me that I could've traded it in for a $20 credit. She then offered free accessories for the new phone that costed $20. Other than that, I'm satisfied. I've never had trouble with the billing or my data. I hope this phone lasts LONGER THAN A YEAR!!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

The customer service at this Cricket Store is outstanding. They are people friendly and very attentive to your needs. Thank you Kirby, Alex, and store Managers for always making my experience pleasurable. The 1800 customer service is terrible. I had floor Managers to lie to me, quote me fraudulent fees and spent almost 2 hours trying to get credit for an accessory item that they ask me to dispose. I am going to contact their corporate headquarters to see if I get satisfaction.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I switched from Sprint to Cricket. I haven't ever had a problem with Sprint up until recently when they tried to charge me a 545$ fee for a device that I returned to them in July. I was furious and did not want to deal with a company that did this to me. I also did not want to get my phones shut off, or be reported to credit bureaus... but I was NOT going to pay that fee to them! I was getting nowhere with Sprint (their customer care is atrocious), so I stopped into a Cricket store in Mt. Pleasant, MI. Julia was there to help me set up service and port in my numbers. She was very helpful and pleasant and made the process easy. Service and coverage has been great. We also received free phones, and the bill is about 50$ less per month. I am a happy customer! I am still new to the company, but so far, Julia, the service, the price, and the app to manage my account on my phone are all things I really like.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I moved to Cricket on Feb 23 2018 from T-Mobile. I had great service with T-Mobile. I did not want to pay $60.00 OR $70.00 FOR DATA. Cricket had a great plan for $30.00 with 2 gigs of data. I usually use 1.6 or less of data. I have an LG Fortune works well. Give it a 5 star rating. I give Cricket a 5 star for customer support.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have used Cricket for more than a year. It has been ok. One complaint is that monthly, they send you a text about your upcoming bill. These come at all hours of the day and night. 11 pm, 530 am. They wake me. It is stupid. Recently, I added another line. I bought an iPhone 7 from them for my son and signed up for service. I paid over $350 on my credit card. I have had auto bill pay for a year. The phone arrived and was easy to activate. It all went smoothly the first day. The next day I found that they had suspended service on both lines. They assessed me $1.83 for the first day's service and, instead of telling me about it or charging my credit card, they suspended service.

After a 20 minute phone call to India I understood what the problem was. They wrote off the $1.83, but we were without service until we figured out the problem. It is IDIOTIC to treat your customers this way. It is perfectly fine to charge me for the day's service, but to provide no notice of the charge and SUSPEND service is unforgivable. I wish I had chosen Straight Talk! All of this at the SAME time I had brought them an additional line!!!

Original review: July 19, 2019

I've been an auto pay customer with Cricket for over 3 years. This last month, my payment was taking and 4 days later the phone was shut off. I called the customer service line and they said, "Yes, you did auto pay but the bank took the money back." I was traveling and needed service restored immediately so paid the over the phone extra fee. That was 2 weeks ago. Today again my phone has been shut off, customer service initially (automated) said I needed to pay $45 to restore service. I called again to try to get a human and within a half hour, now I owe $50 to restore service. That's $165 for a month of service???? I think not. It was great while it lasted but I'm am one with Cricket now. Fraudsters.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Yes this is a great deal, only 25 bucks a month for a completely non functional phone. Details: Can't see screen in daylight, doesn't show messages, or missed calls, takes forever to locate a contact, gets stuck on a screen randomly and those are just a few of the features systematically on this wonderful electronic device. Now it is also literally falling apart. My goal is to run it over with my car when and if I can find any other flip phone.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I have been a customer for over 10 years. In my ten years I have had many different phones manufactured from other companies than Cricket. I have been able to use my sim card in all of the phones without a problem. Today I tried to turn on my hotspot on my Alcatel Cricket phone and I was told call 611. I did and spoke to a supervisor because my hotspot did not work. Supervisor told me it is an additional.$10 a month to use the hotspot. Never has any.salesperson ever in my years as a customer there was any additional fee.

I can put my sim card in any other phone and it will work. They were not willing to waive the fee. In return they have lost a loyal customer. I already pay for my data. The $10 gets me more data. I paid for a new Cricket phone which they got the money for so I will just put my sim card in my old phone and get my hotspot for free just like I always have. They say it is policy. Well policy makers need to inform every customer or this made up fee I never have heard of in all my years as a customer with Cricket. Next call is to the BBB. I THINK IT IS IS MISLEADING WHEN YOU BUY A PHONE AND ARE NEvER TOLD OF THIS new policy. This Cricket phone is the only phone that will not let me turn on the hot spot. This is just another way to rip off the customer who keeps this company in business. Shame on you Cricket. You will never get another penny of my hard earned cash.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I purchased an iPhone 6 little less than a month and a half ago. I have never been able to sign into the Apple ID. I've been through tech support several times. I've been to Cricket Wireless several times. Anyway finally took my phone to the Apple store in Sugarland. Well come to find out they had sold me a used phone that will never be able to be used. Tried talking to cricket. See if they would make things right. Of course no management here in Bay City. Nobody knows nothing. Call management at the Lake Jackson store - very rude. She has no business being a manager. She's not professional at all. Well then back to the cricket store I have a letter stating that the phone has been refurbished and they are responsible for it. Well they're not making it right. I'm out $400.

Like I said you can't even stand to be inside the store--the smell of the mold, the filthy floors. I really wish I could take a photo of the letter from the Apple store in Sugarland and post it because they swear they do not sell refurbished phones so I had to switch service, buy a new phone. So I'm actually out more than $400. Trying to find out if there's any way I can take them to court or small claims court to get my money back. All I ask for is to make it right. Give me a different phone.

Cricket Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

• Best for: Cricket Wireless is best for budget-conscious consumers, business owners and parents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs