Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.44/5

Cricket Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: April 22, 2021

I expected to be met with a smile that didn’t quite reach the eyes and gift of gab that flowed like honey. A memorized verse filled with empty promises and strategic omissions. And I was also armed and ready to deflect and dodge. So I can’t begin to describe the dumbfounded look I must have had on my face nor the gibberish I responded with. When I wasn’t met with the typical sales routine! WHAT A CONCEPT!!!! These guys pretty much explained how the entire network of connecting & communication worked. What I would need, and what their service could and could not help me with. AND WHICH PROVIDER COULD further help me. I will be launching my business in the next couple weeks and because these guys character and wisdom my connectivity is set! Thank you! The experience was a pleasure!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I cannot believe how incredible Cricket Wireless is. I have been a customer for 2 years now and have saved hundreds of dollars (at least) using a service that is 100% reliable and I've NEVER had a connection problem. And, Cricket has excellent customer support if there's ever any question about billing or plans. I almost never give excellent ratings on Consumer Affairs...I usually have complaints to express, but Cricket is the only service/company I feel deserves this rating from me.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I have had been a customer of Cricket for about 5ish years now, I pay 80 for two lines. (Unlimited) Never had any issues with them. Upgraded a few times with them as well. And I plan on continuing service with them as long as nothing changes. Overall pleased with their service. Better than paying a 180 bill that fluctuates at T-mobile. I have a same set payment every time and I have never gotten any random charges.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I've been a customer for 1 year now and I'm in love with my service. I live in the Desert and get perfect service. Cricket does have downsides, like no tablets or watches or fun things like that, but their phones work fairly well. I've had the iPhone 7, Stylo 5 & now the Stylo 6. My upgrade is coming up and I'm getting the iPhone XR! :) I recommend this company for someone who is on a budget. If you use hotspot data as much as I do, you'll love Cricket because you can add as much hotspot data as you want! I have 75gb of hotspot data each month! It's a great company!

Original review: May 22, 2020

Today I visited the Cricket store at 1322 Prince Rd. in Tucson, AZ., 85705. I was greeted by **, the available associate, and it was all uphill from there! She was knowledgeable and extremely helpful throughout my entire visit, and because of this, I felt comfortable and safe in making a major change in my phone, and phone service! I highly recommend this store if you are anywhere in this area of Tucson, or even if you're not-truly worth a bit of a drive if necessary!

Original review: May 16, 2021

I had been with Cricket for over 10 months. I bought new phones on Amazon that were 279. They were unlocked. However Cricket Suspended my account when I transferred to the new phone. Note Before I even bought I made sure Cricket worked with this phone and yes they do. It a Galaxy A51. They changed their network sometime in early 2021 that you can only use ones that are Cricket Store bought and told me I'd have to buy a new phone throw them. Same phone they wanted me to pay 549 for it with them. And my new phone that I just bought would be useless. They would not even work with me. The lady was rude and not helpful at all. So I changed to At&t Who accepted my new phone. Note Cricket runs on AT&T networks.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I purchased a hotspot to use with Cricket Wireless service and notified them that I needed the device shipped to a different location. Cricket Customer Service told me to place the order and that they could change the shipping address after the order. I placed the order and then called in to get the shipping address changed and was told that they couldn't change it.

After finally being able to pick up the device 3 months later to the place it was shipped to, I went to activate it and had problems. I ended up having to sign up again and pay again for service. I got the device activated and it stopped working. I had to call into the call center and was notified it was blacklisted. I asked for a refund for the unusable service and was told they can't even issue a refund, that I had to go through my bank. The price may be good and the service may be good, but if you run into any issues, the customer service is inept.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Been with Cricket for a year plus, my two iPhones were stolen. I called and reported them stolen and canceled the lines. Meanwhile I had a major surgery and my bills were on auto pay, for two lines I pay $109. I was being charged $180 for 8 months until I found it on a bank statement. Called customer service and was adjusted for the month of April but all other 10 months were not refundable because it is a pretty paid service. $710 is a lot money especially to give away! I’m angry and disgusted with cricket and its customer service department. Looking for a new carrier as I type.

Original review: April 20, 2021

I've been with Cricket for years. I've switched my sim card to new phones a number of times over those years without trouble. This week when I switched my sim card into a 4G phone, it worked for a day and then Cricket suspended my account, listing the phone being incompatible as the reason. I put my sim card back into the phone which I had been using just prior, and that one is also listed as incompatible. The customer service representatives claimed that the incompatibility is due to 3G being turned off, and one representative warned that re-enabling my phone could "damage the software" on the phone. The customer service representatives and their supervisors refuse or are unable to add my phone's IMEI to the whitelist, and refuse to provide a phone number for me to call so I can request that. So now I have two phones which worked on their network yesterday but are somehow "incompatible" today.

Original review: April 20, 2021

I bought a device that is listed as hotspot compatible on Cricket's website. The hotspot worked for 4 months, then stopped. When I called, they said my phone was not compatible because I didn't purchase it from Cricket. I purchased it from Amazon. Even the IMEI number says it's compatible with Cricket. Their website does not say that you must have a phone from Cricket in order to have a hotspot. Instead, it specifically states that you can bring your own phone - and it made the list of hotspot compatible devices!!! It is intentionally deceptive, and they won't make it right. If I had the money, I would sue them for false advertisement.

I have been a Cricket customer for almost 10 years, brought them lots of business. They used to take care of their customers. I called and spoke with them, then spoke to a manager. After hearing my predicament, the manager actually hung up on me. Unacceptable! I will actively be looking for a new company. We live in the country, and there is no internet available in our area. We used the hotspot exclusively for over a year. Now, we have no access, and my kids have to go to the library to do their school work. I'm disappointed, Cricket. You should do better for your faithful customers.

Cricket Wireless author review by ConsumerAffairs

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team