1.37/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Cricket Wireless

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Cricket Wireless Reviews

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I love Cricket because I used to have AT&T. Now that’s a pain in the neck and charge me 125 a month and not much service. And prepare to wait until you going into labor if you are pregnant. AT&T is the worst of the worst and they were about to go bankrupt until iPhone use their only company to Apple phone buyers and boy were they cocky. And I hate AT&T and I would use payphone before I use AT&T. Is really a ridiculous company SO I SWITCH to CRICKET and was I grateful. And still now I pay 95 for 2 lines and unlimited internet use. And sometimes it will slow down a little when overused so no worries as long as I get there.

And AT&T offers 4 GB for 125. If I don’t use it it will not roll over and still pay the same price. I freaking hate AT&T. And I had cricket for 3 years now and never have issue with payment to connection to customer service. Always very short wait and the people at cricket was helpful and patient especially to Edwin who had helped me reset my network when I suddenly lost internet connection on my phone. CRICKET love and all of you should give it a try. But yet I afraid if cricket getting too big it will become another AT&T SO CRICKET don’t change. And I like cricket just the way it is and always.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

My most recent experience was on October 7, 2019. Unfortunately, I had just lost my phone. This was the first time. I went into a local shop located at 30-29 Steinway Street, Astoria (Queens) New York. There I was greeted by **, the store manager. I explained my situation and ** assisted me in ing another phone. The phone I had was a Samsung S9. I was not looking for any particular brand this time, I just wanted one that would prove reliable. ** showed me a LG Stylo 5 which he said was being offered through Cricket for considerably less than what it was being offered for in a larger store, Best Buy.

I was not familiar with the LG smartphones, although I actually have other large LG products at home: refrigerator and television. He showed me the stylus (hence, "Stylo") feature which was attached to the phone. I think that was the feature which made me particularly interested in purchasing the LG. In addition, the price was reasonable and price, of course, was the number one factor. ** was efficient, professional and quite pleasant. He took time to get the new phone set up with a new SIM card. He was able to retrieve and restore my contacts, texts and photos from the lost phone. I was very happy about that because I had been concerned that they may have been lost as well. I was quite satisfied with the customer service I received from ** and left feeling content with a new phone.

As for Cricket itself, I have had no issue with the service. I switched to Cricket when it was just moving into my neighborhood, the store I went into was just being put up. I wanted to switch from other carriers with the main problem being that other carriers I had were not able to provide service where I traveled often, about 4 hours outside of New York City. I decided that if the service from Cricket functioned in that area then I would gladly switch and become a customer.

The pricing was good and I was able to save $5 per month by using the automatic payment. This works well for me because I do not have to be concerned with going into a store or mailing off a bill to make a payment and there is no chance of having my service terminated should I forget to do so. I have told many friends and relatives to consider switching to Cricket when they have told me about problems they experience with their providers. I cannot understand why anyone would choose to sign a 2 year contract and have high monthly payments.

Actually, there is one change that has been made since Cricket has expanded and now has many more customers. This is an important subject. The thing that really stood out and impressed me when I was new to Cricket was that when I called for information, there was an ACTUAL PERSON who answered the call! I used to tell folks about how nice that was and that it made me really want to continue as a Cricket customer. Sadly, that is not the case anymore. Cricket has, unfortunately, gone the way of most others by having an automated answering system with a menu. However, I continue to recommend Cricket as a good choice for a cellular service provider.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

This company has never raised their price on me. I was told my 5 phones would be $125.00 with unlimited data. Although it does not have service in some areas that Sprint which is overpriced and steals your money even having proof that you paid them the bill they still take your money from you and God help if you ever pay Sprint with a credit card. Getting out of Sprint is almost impossible. They keep taking your money even after they send you a Zero Balance forward bill.

Thank God for attorneys. Sprint is making a settlement offer to me at this time not sure how much I'm going to get. But Cricket also has phone service in places that you don't get with Sprint. I believe that Cricket has a bit less service but where you get it you also get internet. With Sprint just cause you may have phone service you don't always get internet and they consistently raise the price of your bill. With Cricket I've never had a bill any different than what I was told I would pay. The price of Cricket is well worth it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I have been a Cricket customer for over 3 years. I have not had any problems. Their service is the most reliable prepaid service I have used, even when I go to rural areas. I didn't like that they cap your data at 8mbs. But since they came out with the Unlimited Extra plan last year that isn't the case anymore. I am constantly getting speeds well over 60mbs. I don't have any experience with any of the phones you can buy from their stores or online. I have always used my own phone that I buy unlocked. Autopay has always been the way to pay for me. I've never had a problem with them not taking a payment. I know when it's coming out and to make sure the money's available. In the 3 years I've been a customer I've only had to call customer service a handful of times and my problems were resolved quickly. I would highly recommend Cricket to anyone looking for prepaid wireless.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have had Cricket for almost a year. I had a Fortune phone and the battery was draining VERY fast. It started doing other things I couldn't fix either. So I went into the store and bought a Samsung Galaxy Halo. I originally wanted a different kind but they were out. The woman was very helpful. The only thing I didn't like is after I paid for the new phone I asked her about the old phone if I just gave it to them or what. It was ONLY THEN that she told me that I could've traded it in for a $20 credit. She then offered free accessories for the new phone that costed $20. Other than that, I'm satisfied. I've never had trouble with the billing or my data. I hope this phone lasts LONGER THAN A YEAR!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cricket Wireless?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Tried to have my number ported/transferred to Cricket. Coming from a Tracfone and all they go by is the MEID (no account # or pin#). Cricket says must have this info before order can be completed and Tracfone says do not have. Consumer caught in the middle when both claim they cannot do anything about it. Good luck if you are coming from Trac Prepaid to Cricket and want to keep your phone number.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I was very disappointed in the service that I received at Cricket 1651 NE 8th St Homestead, Florida location. I brought in with my own phone. I ask sales associate/manager could a phone I already had in my possession be connected, how much to connect service and etc.. The sales associate inserted a chip and assured me that my phone could be used with Cricket service. I was told to pay $25 activation fee and first month of service, taxes, fee etc... which was about $96.

To make a long story short, right after paying my money I was told that my phone could not be connected to service due to a carrier block and I could not receive a refund. After requesting refund from manager several times, I was denied. I called customer service and they were not very helpful in my situation. They told me to dispute charges if I paid with debit/credit but I had paid in cash. Cricket customer service told me that manager would have to make that decision for cash. Robbery!!!! I will never use Cricket service or purchase products from Cricket again.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

On the date of November 7, 2019, I stopped by a Cricket Communications store in Aurora, Colorado (Crossroads shopping center) to have my phone looked at regarding ongoing service problems I have been experiencing, not only was the service provider rude to me as I walked in the store, and rolled her eyes at another employee working there, but refused to problem solve any issues I was describing with my cell phone service, informed me that my phone was 'old' and told me my only option moving forward was to purchase a new phone, I walked out of this specific store feeling insulted and none of my phone concerns were resolved! What horrible customer service!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I called 611 to get help because the store said to. 611 said to call the phone manufacturer then hung up on me before I could get out my entire issue! I'm so tired of the lack of customer service! This is shameful!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I had two lines. I had horrible coverage that would cut out. I was paying almost 140 a month! So I switched to Verizon which is cheaper a month and better coverage. The day we switched the 2nd line to Verizon; Cricket posted a payment from my account! When I called them up to get a refund of my money they said I needed to call my bank to have them stop or reverse and when I called my bank they are like, "We can’t do that. it’s on them to refund you!" Both customer service reps that I talked to gave me the ring around so here I am with no refund! They Stole my money!!!

Cricket Wireless expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Cricket Wireless was founded in 1999 and became a subsidiary of AT&T in 2014. It offers only prepaid unlimited plans and has over 5 million customers.

• Coverage: Cricket Wireless offers 4G LTE across most of the United States. Interested consumers can see a coverage map on the company’s website.

• Rewards: Cricket Wireless customers can sign up for mPLUS rewards and earn points for downloading apps, playing games and other activities. Rewards points can be used to purchase gifts cards and other merchandise as well as to make charitable donations.

• Plans: Interested consumers can choose from multiple plans from Cricket Wireless. Plans are available for basic mobile devices and smartphones. All plans have unlimited talk and text, and some have unlimited data access.

• BridgePay: Cricket Wireless offers consumers the chance to break their monthly payments into two bills when they need to do so with the BridgePay program. Customers may use this program as frequently as once per billing cycle.

• Free phones: Cricket offers new customers new phones at discounted prices when they switch from another carrier. Phone types and discounts vary, so consumers should check the company’s website for the most recent offers.

• Best for: Cricket Wireless is best for budget-conscious consumers, business owners and parents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs