Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.75/5

Tracfone sells cellphones and cellular service. It offers phones from LG, Apple, Samsung and Motorola as well as low-cost phones from TCL. Phone protection plans are also available. Tracfone’s plans don’t require contracts, and customers can refill their accounts manually or automatically. Tracfone lets customers use their existing phone to activate one of its plans.

Tracfone Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tracfone?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tracfone?

Original review: April 15, 2020

I have been a customer for 15 plus years. I received a defective phone, they tried to tell me for 3 days I had to wait for it to update. After continuously calling they decided I have a defective phone. I have to send it back and now wait another 3 to 5 business days to get a phone. Now the big question is IF I get a phone. Now they say they have no record of my phone number. So bottom line POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Original review: April 13, 2020

I like the phone service, it always gets out when I need it. Customer service is pleasant and courteous. Good price also. I like my phone also. My phone is also a good color, and is user friendly. It is a Samsung phone.

Original review: April 12, 2020

Like Talking to a Robot. In fact I accused Kenny of being a robot and he replied he was a person. I contacted customer service to correct an order for more data on my account which I had ordered online. After many attempts to convince Kenny that there Was a problem and of how to correct the problem (ie; to cancel an incorrect order and help facilitate a new order) I asked to be put in touch with a supervisor. He told me he would have one call me within 15 minutes. I waited. No call. Reconnected with Tracfone; Genevieve. She answered very briefly and said said she would have the Refund Dept. call me within 15 min. I waited. No call. It's a very easy fix. They seem not to WANT to do it. Meanwhile, I'm trying to buy their product and they won't let me.

Original review: April 9, 2020

TracFone is not for everyone, but is ideal for those of us who do not stay on our phone constantly. With WiFi everywhere internet is almost always available. And for the price it can't be beat. I get the yearly plan and it gives me more minutes, data, and texts than I ever use. And they roll over.

Original review: April 7, 2020

Both my wife and I have used them for many years. I'm able to roll over unused minutes and sometimes my wife does have to buy more data, but their pricing on a one year plan for people who don't spend their entire life on the phone, is extremely affordable with a one year plan. We average less than $10/month for each line.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Well the thing that doesn't work and every time I call customer service they cannot help me out professionally is when I tell them that this phone volume is messed up. I just bought this phone from Walmart about 2 months ago and it's just ridiculous. This is the second phone. I turn back these cell phones I keep getting. Don't work too well so that's bad.

Original review: April 4, 2020

More reasonable pricing than the other cell phone companies. I have my own I6S phone and pay for 1 Year service with 400 minutes plus for less than the others charge for a month. I presently have over 9000 minutes in my account which is more than I use in a year.

Original review: April 3, 2020

Good value for the price. Economical for simple phone service with few frills. Enables one to keep in touch without all of the wham, glam extras. If looking for simple phone service without having to pay for non-essentials, then why pay more?

Original review: April 2, 2020

The phone selection is a little weak but the customer service is excellent. You really can't beat the price for what how much the phone is used. There are few dead spots if you travel a lot but other than that the service is fine and I have never had a problem with any of the phones I have had with them.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I have had Tracfone service for years and thought they were okay. But I ordered a new phone last week because they were having a big sale, and with the $25 discount, it ended up being free. But here we are in the middle of the COVID-19 crisis and they still insist that you sign for your delivery in front of the delivery driver!!! UPS, Amazon and FedEx don't require it, but oh, a free tracfone is worth risking your life for!!! No thanks, they can send it back to tracfone!!!

Tracfone Company Information