US Mobile

Compare Prepaid Phones

Research top Prepaid Phones recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It was affordable. It had good coverage. It was very user friendly unlike some phones these days. I would definitely recommend it to someone with low income. It is very good as an emergency phone. I bought the forty dollar plan which fit my needs. As far as I know, the privacy was fine. I did not keep the phone long. I sold it to someone because I was very broke and needed money. However, for the time that I did own the phone, I had no issues with privacy. The signal was very good. There were never any dropped calls which was great. I could hear the other person clearly during a phone call. The texting was also fully functional which is convenient. I was extremely satisfied with the phone. No complaints here.

The price was good. I can afford it. Because I buy mobile on offer with latest technology. And I can do whatever I want in my mobile. It is the good price overall. I can have lot of option in my mobile. Bluetooth technology, high resolution camera, 64 GB ram size, front & back cameras available. I can use net, text, video call everything I can do. I can make a pattern, I can set pin, password mix of numbers and characters. I can have lot of privacy option with in-builted features. Good performance. No hanging. I can use lot of mails, application, social networking sites. I can't live without my mobile. I'm very happy with my mobile.

My overall experienced is that I'm happy using this phone. And the price is affordable that time. And I'm contented with it. Recommended to my friends and family. There are lots of options. Privacy is good enough. Performance is good enough.

Price is good, sometimes faced issue with signal, rest is fine. This I have used when I came to US on a business trip. For a limited time this service is ok. I got the internet as well as the unlimited talk. 1500 min talk, 28 days validity, 16 $, / 5000 min talk, 28 days, 21$. Good privacy. Performance is ok. You can rely on it if you are looking for a short term.

Easy to use. Great prices, no hidden fees, know what you are using and what you need. Happy with how this works. No guessing when you use prepaid minutes as your usage. I don't remember what the plan options all are. But if I do remember the options were all useful ones that were easy to use anytime you needed. Clear to understand and use. Good privacy features that are useful and good to have in this day when everyone wants to take someone else's information from them. Peace of mind knowing there are privacy features. Features are those found on almost all kinds of phones these days. Features that are easy to understand and use. Common features everyone already knows how to use.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Mobile?

I am rather a cheap person, and I am happy to say that the price did not make me wince. Also the customer service was fairly understanding. There were a couple of plan options, though I only went for the cheapest, so cannot speak thoroughly on the others. The cheap option was good for me, and I am satisfied with what it came with. The privacy features seem somewhat thorough, though granted, I did not read them very carefully (bad habit, and for which I am sure I will be deeply sorry for some day). Probably not the best, but it was a good price so I won't quibble over littler things. Sometimes it does go a little slow, but maybe that's because I'm running too many apps.

Was inexpensive enough to not have to worry about keeping the phone for years. Minutes seemed to cost more, but didn't have the expense of buying a different phone. Basic phone features. Don't expect them to be fancy, with all the options and features of the new phones. Plain, basic design. Much smaller in screen size. It performed as I expected it would when I was within city limits. I did have some dropped calls, and some static, or not good reception on some calls.

The price was unfair and it always messed up. Couldn't do anything on it like how I can on my new phone... I was very disappointed in the prepaid phone, always having problems trying to get the phone with minutes because it would say invalid code after I purchased the code for minutes after 6 tries it would finally go through. It wouldn't let me put the code for the minutes and tell after 6 or 7 tries, my service always went fast, didn't allow you on the internet, didn't let you check your account. It would shut down fast.

The privacy was OK. Never had a problem with the privacy of the phone. Or the company privacy act on the prepaid phone account. But I did have problems with everything else about the phone company. The performance I was very disappointed that with because every time I would call for help I wouldn't get the help I need. I would have to call back a few times before I could get the phone to work the right way.

I think that the price is fair for a product of this kind. I think that this is important so people of all economic levels can communicate with one another. I think that plan options are important. I think that it is important for people to decide how they want to use all of their voice and data options. Privacy is important. You have to go through a variety of different steps to register these devices. Passwords are included as part of the registration process. These phones are pretty solid. They end up lasting a long time if you take care of them. I always suggest getting a case but I suppose that is a personal preference.

It's really good price and can't wait to use it and I would recommend it again. It's not too expensive and it's just the right price for someone that needs a phone. They have a good plan option available and I think it would be good for different people of all ages and they can pick whatever plan they like. I didn't have a problem with their privacy feature and they are helpful and very good. I think everyone could use it and try them if they want to. Performance wasn't that bad. I had worst and all things considering they was not bad at all. It could be better but it's ok. I guess I think it needs a little work.

I think that the price was really good and I thought it was a good thing. It was not too expensive but at the same time not too cheap. The pay options they had were amazing. They had somewhere you paid monthly and then they had some that you made payments on. It was a great deal. The privacy features are really good. They have locks and never sells any of your stuff and it is really cool and nice. I think it's a really good idea. The prepaid performance is amazing on this phone. I liked it a lot and I can take really good pictures. I can't wait and see what else it has.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

US Mobile offers only pay-as-you-go plans to help customers choose and pay for only what they need. The company is headquartered in Connecticut and launched in 2014.

• Plans: All customers build their own plan at US Mobile. They select the number of minutes and text messages they want as well as the amount of data. These are selected separately, so the plans are highly customizable.
  • Alarm system SIM cards: US Mobile sells 2G, 3G and 4G SIM cards that can be used in some home security systems. Customers can choose which types of service (talk, text or data) their alarm system needs and then only pay for that service.
  • Student discount: US Mobile will send a free SIM card to any U.S. college student. Some universities have partnerships with the company, so students can pick a SIM card up on campus. Visit the website to see a list of partner schools.
  • Blog: Interested consumers who want to learn more about US Mobile or prepaid plans can visit the company‚Äôs website to read its blog. They can also follow US Mobile on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
  • Customer service: US Mobile customer service representatives are available 24/7. They can be reached by phone or e-mail, and the company reports most e-mails are answered within 10 minutes.
  • Best for US Mobile is best for budget-conscious consumers, temporary users and non-cell phone users.

Compare Prepaid Phones