1.7/5 (6 ratings)

About US Mobile

US Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Mobile?

Original review: July 14, 2021

Unlike most people, not only I subscribe to a company for their prices, but I also am looking for good customer service. Unfortunately, US Mobile is not known for that! The person that was helping me is rude! I was gonna go through with setting up my phone number through US Mobile; but, after what felt like an awful service from a horrible representative, I told them I’ll stick with my current carrier even though I have to pay more at my current carrier. It’s not worth it! If you want a cheap carrier, go through Mint, don’t select US Mobile. Don’t let the company’s name fool you! All of their representatives are telemarketers from India!

Original review: June 8, 2021

US Mobile provides an amazing price, with a very limited customer service. Be aware that service beyond a very basic phone and SMS is limited. I had to travel to Mexico, and wanted to purchase some plan to Mexico. Amazingly, you cannot use your phone in Mexico with US Mobile. If you take your phone to Mexico, you can't get calls or text messages. I'm not talking about answering calls or sending messages. In other words: if you 8 days in Mexico with US Mobile, your U.S. phone number is down for 8 days. They do provide data only plan for Mexico. Customer support spent hours with me in order to configure the data plan for Mexico. The process took a few hours, although I have one of the newest Google phones. If you will never leave the U.S., then US Mobile is for you.

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

COVID has been a god awful time. Due to loss of income, we could not afford our full bill, but my partner is disabled and needs a phone for his constant doctors visits. We contacted customer service, and they helped us set up a plan with the company to at least pay something towards our bill so that the phones would stay on. We checked in with Customer Service twice a month to keep them updated of our situation, and if we were able we paid more than our minimum to get more of our balance taken care of. Everyone was nice, understanding, and worked with us. At first. We had travelled out of town for a specialist appointment, and this was a new appointment at a new place. Four hours away from home and our appointment finished, we found our phones had been shut off and we could not even access the internet for GPS to find our way home.

My partner called to figure out what was going on, and they had decided, without any notification whatsoever, to terminate our payment plan and expected us to pay in full to get our phones turned back on. All paperwork on our situation and payment agreement had mysteriously "disappeared", and they tacked on a bunch of extra charges on top of that. After two hours and three supervisors, they temporarily turned our phones back on so we could get home and said to call back in the morning to pay in full. We called in the morning to explain once again, and were told there was nothing to be done because there was "no documentation" on our hardship, even thought everything had been submitted and filed months ago and we had no issues previously.

One sympathetic representative told us that, since we own our phones and they were unlocked, we could get a pay as you go plan if we let the contract plan run out and go to collections, but that could take three months. Otherwise, with the phones unlocked, we could take our business elsewhere. So we did. My partner is in store, switching plans, and as you would called US Cellular to confirm that he was the account holder and to get the account information needed to switch companies. They claimed that if we wanted to get our account information, we had to travel to a store two hours from our house and get it in person.

EVERY other phone company I've ever done business with, if you can confirm you are the account holder, they give you any information you need over the phone. I find this company to be dishonest in their practices, and the way they spoke to my partner any time her tried to better the situation? It could even be considered borderline harassment. Run away from this company and do NOT give them your business if you value your money, for they do NOT value their customers.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

Don't waste your time & money!!! After 2 days of trying to activate the Super LTE network with various reps doing different settings they said my phone was not compatible, even after their own system said it was...so I was told to activate on the GSM network, after set up completion around 8:30 pm I did a few test to ensure everything was okay, verified that internet connection was up and running, afterwards I turned my Wi-Fi back on, the next day before 9 am my internet stopped working, I called CS again and was told you guess it...I was out of data... I had used 2.5 gb in less than 13 hours, mostly overnight, in my sleep! They provided me a "report" of my data usage that showed 20mb being used about every minute...weird right????

My previous plan was 20 gb...never have I used more than 8 to 10 gb in a month...but somehow I can use 2.5 gb overnight on Wi-Fi? The best part was when I wanted to port my number back to my old carrier, I chatted with CS to get my account # and pin...CS...after a few mundane and smartly postponing remarks his answer..."I can’t give you that information, I will send you a email." So I called CS, after answering 20 questions..."I can't give you that information, we will send you a email!" So I had to move out of my spot on my carrier until the email arrive since the place was packed and I felt it was not right to keep other customer waiting... The service itself had a few dropped calls which I had never experienced with my real carrier and the phone would read "Emergency Calls Only" which seems to me it was losing network connection. If you want a Headache...Go Ahead!!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Shady business practices. Offered a $400 off promotion for bringing over a new iPhone XS that by their terms was good until the end of November. By mid-October it was "sold out" even though they were still advertising it on their website. Others have reported entering the $400 off promo code only to be told later after signing up that no promo code was entered. Does not inspire confidence in US Mobile that they refuse to honor their own policies & promotions.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Apparently, when I activated the new sim they are advertising as their great new service, it is in beta and not functional yet, so now I have no phone or web access for 3 days until they send a sim card for a lesser option. I have no way to make or receive calls in an emergency. The person on live chat was not able to offer any help. Completely unprofessional and unacceptable.

US Mobile author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

US Mobile offers only pay-as-you-go plans to help customers choose and pay for only what they need. The company is headquartered in Connecticut and launched in 2014.

• Plans: All customers build their own plan at US Mobile. They select the number of minutes and text messages they want as well as the amount of data. These are selected separately, so the plans are highly customizable.

• Alarm system SIM cards: US Mobile sells 2G, 3G and 4G SIM cards that can be used in some home security systems. Customers can choose which types of service (talk, text or data) their alarm system needs and then only pay for that service.

• Student discount: US Mobile will send a free SIM card to any U.S. college student. Some universities have partnerships with the company, so students can pick a SIM card up on campus. Visit the website to see a list of partner schools.

• Blog: Interested consumers who want to learn more about US Mobile or prepaid plans can visit the company’s website to read its blog. They can also follow US Mobile on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.

• Customer service: US Mobile customer service representatives are available 24/7. They can be reached by phone or e-mail, and the company reports most e-mails are answered within 10 minutes.

US Mobile Company Information