1.9/5 (14 ratings)

About US Mobile

US Mobile is a cellphone carrier with prepaid plans and no contracts. You can choose from various plans, including unlimited talk, text and data plans, or a build-your-own-plan option. You can also switch from a different provider and use your existing phone and number by ordering US Mobile’s $3.99 SIM Starter Kit. US Mobile has 5G and 4G LTE coverage and gives you a 14-day risk-free trial. Customer service is available 24/7 by phone or chat.

Pros

• Affordable, no-contract plans
  • Use your existing phone and number
  • 5G service where available
  • 24/7 customer service

Cons

• Online presence only
  • Unused base plan doesn’t roll over

Bottom Line

US Mobile offers prepaid, contract-free cellphone plans that let you use your existing device and number. Choose a plan or build your own. Its networks cover 99% of Americans. You can try a plan risk-free for up to 14 days.

What is US Mobile?

US Mobile is a cellphone service provider with pay-as-you-go plans and no contracts. Customers can choose from talk, text and data plans that cost as little as $6 per line per month or customize a plan for as little as $4 a month. You can change a plan or cancel it anytime. Use your existing cellphone and phone number with the US Mobile Starter Kit, or buy a phone from US Mobile’s online store.

US Mobile doesn’t have physical locations or sell its products in stores. You can sign up for service online and speak to customer support by phone or chat 24/7. Plans include a 14-day risk-free trial: If you are not happy with your plan, you can get a refund.

How does US Mobile work?

US Mobile is a prepaid cellphone service. There are no contracts; customers pay ahead for 30 days of service based on the plan they choose. After 30 days, you can renew your plan, choose a new one or cancel.

US Mobile says it’s easy to switch from another carrier. If you want to keep your phone and number, you can purchase the US Mobile Starter Kit and change your service in as little as two minutes (as long as you have an unlocked phone with a SIM card slot). You can also purchase a phone from US Mobile’s online store.

Once you sign up for US Mobile service, you have access to a dashboard where you can manage your phone lines and track your usage. If you’re running out of minutes, texts or data before your plan ends, you can add “Top Ups.”

US Mobile plans

US Mobile has plan options for individuals, families, businesses and more. You can choose either a specific plan or design your own.

Plans types include:

• Unlimited talk and text
  • Unlimited talk and text plus 1 GB of data
  • Unlimited talk and text plus 5 GB of data
  • Unlimited talk and text plus 12 GB of data
  • Unlimited talk and text plus 18 GB of data
  • Unlimited talk and text plus 30 GB of data
  • Unlimited All, with unlimited talk, text and data
  • Build-your-own plan, with custom numbers of minutes and text and data amount

US Mobile also offers shared data plans for multiple devices, with each line getting unlimited talk and text. International roaming plans are available as well.

US Mobile pricing

US Mobile charges the following monthly prices for its plans:

• Unlimited talk and text: $8 for one line, $7 each for two lines and $6 each for three or more lines
  • Unlimited talk and text plus 1 GB of data: $12
  • Unlimited talk and text plus 5 GB of data: $15
  • Unlimited talk and text plus 12 GB of data: $20
  • Unlimited talk and text plus 18 GB of data: $25
  • Unlimited talk and text plus 30 GB of data: $30
  • Unlimited All, with unlimited talk, text and data: $45 for one line, $30 each for two lines and $25 each for three or more lines
  • Build-your-own plan: $0 to $8 for minutes, $0 to $6 for texts and $0 to $26 for data, depending on numbers and amount chosen

Unlimited All plans include taxes and fees, while other plans have a $2 service fee and a regulatory cost recovery charge of $1 to $5 per line.

US Mobile also has shared plans, which cost $9 per line and $2 per GB, plus a regulatory cost recovery charge of 48 cents per line.

International data up to 10 GB is included at no extra cost for those on Unlimited All plans. Roaming rates vary by country for those with other plans.

The US Mobile Starter Kit, which includes SIM cards that allow you to use your existing phone, costs $3.99.

US Mobile FAQ

What network does US Mobile use?
US Mobile uses the Super LTE network and GSM LTE network.
Does US Mobile have monthly fees?
For all plans except Unlimited All plans, in addition to the monthly plan cost, there is a $2 service fee and a regulatory cost recovery charge of $1 to $5 per line. Shared plans have only a regulatory cost recovery charge of 48 cents per line.
Does US Mobile have Wi-Fi calling?
Yes, US Mobile plans come with Wi-Fi calling on the GSM LTE network.
Where can I buy a US Mobile SIM card?
US Mobile SIM cards are available for purchase on the company’s website.

Is US Mobile good?

US Mobile is worth exploring if you are looking for a contract-free, prepaid cellphone plan. You can use your current phone, keep your phone number and customize a plan based on how many minutes and texts and how much data you need. You also get a 14-day trial: If you don’t like the way US Mobile works, the company will give you a refund. Customer representatives are available 24/7 by phone and chat to provide support.

US Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about US Mobile?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2022

The phone service itself is not too bad. The calls drop a little more often than AT&T service, but, as I said, not much. Sometimes reception is garbled, sometimes the other caller can't hear you well. AS I said, worse than AT&T but very little. They are significantly cheaper, though. Where they are horrid is their customer service. For example, they do NOT tell you when your plan that you paid for will expire. When I asked them to put me on autopay, they said they did, but they did not, and I was left without phone service as NOBODY told me, via email or anything else, that my plan had expired. ZERO communication.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

Perks they advertise as part of the plans are too much trouble to get monthly credit for (you have to give your first born), they will push you out of your plan a year or two out as they want to change them to make more money. They advertise that esims or certain phones/esim work but they do not. Tested on international plan. Never worked. They add unlimited in front of everything making it super confusing or super Unlimited super confusing.. They were better off keeping it simple like a few years ago would have been better... one unlimited plan + other plans..

Get buying tips about Prepaid Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

After shopping 12 different Cell Services, I chose US Mobile. The price is a Tiny Bit higher than the cheapest I could find but the (almost) instant HELPFUL customer service made my decision. FREE Try.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

US Mobile 10gb international data false advertisement, I trusted Us mobile international data service and it's not working. Finally I purchased Local data, I spent almost hour time US Mobile customer service but it's not resolved the problem, US Mobile advertising 10GB international data is included. What's the point if it is not working.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

I have had US Mobile a few times over the past years. I'm not sure why I keep returning. This most recent time was the absolute last time. Every time I get a SIM card with them, it has problems out of the box. This time, my hotspot didn't work. I spent over an hour on chat with customer service, also emails and a phone call. Then my wife's SIM data did not work at all, even after another hour on chat. So I tried to cancel both sim cards. They only refunded my wife's fee since it had never been used. They refused to refund the starter SIM card fee. And for my phone, even though I only used it 1 week and couldn't get hotspot to work, they refused to refund anything.

The customer service is absolutely terrible. The previous time I used it, my data would turn off and on multiple times during the day. After several phone calls they were unable to figure it out. So, they sent me a new sim card which I had to wait several days for. I have switched to Mint Mobile. These 2 sim cards arrived quickly and worked immediately upon inserting them on my phone. I like their service and recommend them. Please stay away from US Mobile.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

We have been with US Mobile now for 3yrs and have not had any problems with their service. We use 30g of data each a month on the unlimited plan. The data speeds do slow down in congested areas such as big cities. Also, have not had any issues with customer service.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Data speeds are really a joke. I was on a vacation trip I did not want super fast speeds. Just browsing. And it was really slow all over Orlando metro area. Four different phones/SIM cards. Customer service is a joke. Really slow on the chat. In the end, they renewed my plans BEFORE the date and I am having trouble to get a refund. Go elsewhere. They are cheap but does not worth it!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Yesterday I just open my new phone and the new SIM card, I port my number from mobile, I install the SIM card and when I look the data said 4550mb, I pay for 5GB, ok, maybe for the install and configuration they used my data, but iPhone always ask for you connect your wifi, this morning for my surprise I had just 3483 mb left, they said I had used 1171 mb, but the iPhone have this information to, but much less!!! I used the data from US Mobile just for check the speed and connection to the tower, and I used my wifi! I'm my iPhone said than I have had used 970 mb of data between cell data and wifi!! I have screenshots to prove that, if anybody want to see, I can send to you! Don't port to this company, they are liars! One more thing, with Tmobile I never had used more the 3 GB per month!

Original review: July 14, 2021

Unlike most people, not only I subscribe to a company for their prices, but I also am looking for good customer service. Unfortunately, US Mobile is not known for that! The person that was helping me is rude! I was gonna go through with setting up my phone number through US Mobile; but, after what felt like an awful service from a horrible representative, I told them I’ll stick with my current carrier even though I have to pay more at my current carrier. It’s not worth it! If you want a cheap carrier, go through Mint, don’t select US Mobile. Don’t let the company’s name fool you! All of their representatives are telemarketers from India!

Original review: June 8, 2021

US Mobile provides an amazing price, with a very limited customer service. Be aware that service beyond a very basic phone and SMS is limited. I had to travel to Mexico, and wanted to purchase some plan to Mexico. Amazingly, you cannot use your phone in Mexico with US Mobile. If you take your phone to Mexico, you can't get calls or text messages. I'm not talking about answering calls or sending messages. In other words: if you 8 days in Mexico with US Mobile, your U.S. phone number is down for 8 days. They do provide data only plan for Mexico. Customer support spent hours with me in order to configure the data plan for Mexico. The process took a few hours, although I have one of the newest Google phones. If you will never leave the U.S., then US Mobile is for you.

US Mobile Company Information