3.2/5 (1715 ratings)

About T-Mobile

T-Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: March 11, 2022

I was quite shocked that the service is generally pretty decent as well as the price points offered direct and those offered through MVNOs. The catch is that our older phones literally stopped working one day and we're forced to buy newer phones. We weren't so happy about that, but I guess it is time to move on. With the newer phones we got, they all so far worked flawlessly and T-mobile is the only carrier to have 5G on the phones too. We have sim cards spread out between all the carriers based on level of use so it's as cheap as possible for us overall and I can say that one carrier has great signal, T-mobile has the technology and the other is just there and has wider compatibility, but trails a little on technology. I'm in NYC and always go with pre-paid to cap the cost and surprises that can happen. So far, consistent experience. I wouldn't dare use post-paid because of the taxes and potential surprise bills. It can happen with any carrier, to be fair.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Several years back I gave T-mobile a bad review. I must admit they have come a very long way since then. It was very frustrating back then for my internet never worked when I needed it to most!!! While traveling or even traveling around Houston. One would have expected NOT to have that problem. So it is all fair I re-evaluate them. I am so proud of T-mobile and stuck it out and glad I did!!! All consumers need to be careful with all phone companies…. I learned from trying to switch!!!! T mobile is the lesser evil by far!!!! Just make sure with phone and cable companies you DO NOT trust their employee’s words. Read All the print!!! It is your credit they don’t mind screwing up if they (Verizon) lie and you trust them…. And nobody holds them accountable for their lies.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Well in general all the the staff has been very helpful, an A+. Although you can hear in the back the supervisors, the staff try to help as best as possible but sometimes they get stopped by their superior.... Which at the same time messes the experience. The representatives work great and fast, both chat and phone. Been working with Ali to find the perfect family plan, almost except for some reason T-mobile removed the One-Plus 7 Pro, which is even better than the 8 and 7t Models. Go figure, that messed the final process but working on it.... The supervisor was no help.... Even after a big miss with the first contract, no one came in try to mediate the situation. Still lots of errors on the site but getting better.

Family plan especially the 55+ lowers the cost a lot, plus lots of extras.... Hopefully will have my 3 lines ready to go and just wait for the phone to arrive in November... One tidbit I Did NOT like was that they did NOT price match like that are suppose to. Bestbuy two items I had chosen were each $100 dollars less in the T-mobile section of BB. Not cool. The supervisor probably didn't give one hoop....

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I just spoke with Brittany @ T-Mobile & she was a delight. Professional, proficient, polite and understanding with my hearing impairment. I must use my landline being hearing impaired where an operator must listen then type whom I am talking with. She patiently guided me through each step in changing my verbal passcode and online password. She first made certain that my account had not been affected. She is an excellent representative for T-Mobile and all companies should have such fabulous employees working for them. I am pleased with T-Mobile also because of the free scam shield that prevents scam calls from coming through. I have been with 5 other companies and would not think of changing because of excellent service and 5G that has the best reception of any other cellphone provider. You would do well to change to T-Mobile. Try it. You'll like it. Go and just go for the BEST. 10 STAR RATING WITH ME.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I have been with T Mobile since I had a Cell phone. The service is good and reliable. I have had no drop call. When I was out of the country in the West Indies, I was able to access my email, make calls and do all the things when I was at Home. Also when I went to Alaska, since it was a US state, T Mobile treated my calls as local with no added charges. I am able to call all over the world with low fees. I have family in France and England and we are able to chat a few times a year with low fees. Most people will find the service helpful and user friendly. I intend to stick with the company, as I said before we go back a long way since they were called Voice Stream. My monthly fees are reasonable and they offer me new phones on yearly basis at low fees and my system is easily transferred to the new phone. I would recommend this company to all. Their customer service is second to none.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Without a doubt the worse cell phone company. Customer service is horrible with hold times exceeding an hour. And customer service is not in the USA so they have strong accents which makes it very hard to understand. Their coverage maps are fake and do not represent their true coverage. They will lie to you about prices and bill you differently from what they tell you.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I recently picked up T-Mobile service on the advisement of a friend before my trip to Europe. I went to two different T-Mobile stores to ask associates about it and Googled information on the service provided in Europe. Everything I was told was conflicting. After returning home I wanted to cancel my service, I used the account for 3 days only for the first month of the billing cycle. I requested to cancel my plan 4 days into the new billing cycle and T-Mobile refused to prorate the service cancellation.

The customer service representative I spoke with had a terrible attitude problem and gave me the run around multiple times. It was definitely the worst phone call to a customer service center I experienced to date. This is the first review I have ever written and hopefully my last but I have never experienced anything quite like this. I hope you choose any other carrier than T-Mobile in the future. Every other provider I have tried has treated me much better than they have and I will not forget this.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

As a business customer that counts on my service to work T-Mobile has increasingly failed to keep my service working. Some of the worse non-expert customer service ever. At the moment my business service has been down for over 2 days without a single reason why. T-Mobile doesn't mind making me lose money, but they sure want theirs. Most recently retaliation from T-Mobile for filing an FCC Complaint over the bad service. It looks like a visit to a Court Room for massive damages of lost business revenue. If you're a business don't choose T-Mobile!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I went to upgrade my phone at the store in the mall and was told there's a 50% off on tablet since I'm buying a new phone. Of course I was thrilled with that. What I wasn't told was that if I cancelled the data plan on the tablet I would have to pay the full price of the tablet. Not good customer service I have been with T Mobile for a long time and don't take their promotions since I didn't need them until the offer on the tablet. So I called customer service trying to cancel the tablet data and that was when I was told, I then have to pay full price if I cancelled the data. Not a happy t-mobile client anymore.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

For a year now they've been sending me these messages that I may qualify for an Link or ACP monthly discount on my bill. Which are for qualified low income people who receives Medicare, Medicaid, SSI, SSDI, SNAP, VETERANS etc.etc. All I would have to do is fill out the application for the eligibility. I receive SSI & SSDI from cancer. My rent is 1200 and my check is 850.00. So I know I qualify. I've filled out this application 3times. 1 time by myself and the other 2 Metro by Tmobile employees have done it. All 3 times they have told me I should be receiving my discount by next payment. AND NOTHING!! This has been going on since Dec 2021. I am soo tired of the false advertisement. I have too much stress already to keep having my leg pulled by a company that is well known. It's MESSED up. I'm stressed out! I'm switching over to another company.

T-Mobile Company Information