T-Mobile

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge in February 2016. I lost the phone in June 2, 2016 and used my Jump and insurance to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S8. Apparently as of no surprise to me because store employees in Essex Maryland are lazy and very much lacking in knowledge when it comes to assisting customers but apparently something was not included correctly from the store and T-Mobile was still charging me for the Samsung 6s Edge that I no longer had which is why I had jumped and purchased the Samsung S7. So I've called countless times and I can't even begin to explain the frustration irritation and just aggravation that I've been experiencing trying to get this situation resolved. And I have been told countless times on the phone by rep and supervisors that say they personally were handling this, that the situation has been resolved.

It even notes it online on my account that the transaction and the payments and everything for the Samsung 6 are completed and resolved. I've even received two months when it first started as far credit towards because I told them that I was only going to pay my bill for my service and for my Samsung 7 and that every month that didn't get it correct I was going to deduct the payment for the six and the taxes for the 6 because I'm not going to pay for phone that I no longer have which I use my insurance to replace. And it's not my fault that however it was supposed to be handled was not handled correctly.

And I should have already paid off my Samsung 7 by now. But because they have not corrected this in their system and I'm tired of calling in on it they have been splitting my payment, putting money towards a phone that I do not already that I do no longer have. And I'm so tired of calling them and repeating this issue over and over and over again and being told that it's being handled, being told it's resolved and obviously it hasn't. They even used without permission my payment method and where I made a payment for as I said my Samsung 7 and my cell phone plan for that month because I had an outstanding balance from all those months that I was told back in September that the situation was resolved.

I was even told that I was going to get a phone call from the Essex Maryland store that from the manager you know basically to apologize for the inconvenience that they caused me, a phone call that I never got and a situation. This still has not been resolved because they're still trying to charge me for a phone that I do not have. I have been with T-Mobile since they were voice stream which was when they first started. So I've been a customer since 2001 and being with them so long you would think that a loyal customer as I have been considering their cell phone coverage is actually horrible. I have thought many times about dropping them and one of the reasons that I remained a loyal customer is because I used to feel that their customer service was actually better than what I had heard horror stories from Friends with regards to their cell phone playing carriers with what they had to go through.

But I also aside from poor cell phone service coverage in less populated areas of US I never had a problem or issue with regards to needing their Assistance or service with something. And the fact that it's been almost a year and I'm exhausted from months and months of being told the situation has been resolved and then I get my bill and it hasn't. I'm done with getting the runaround competence and being reassured by salaried managers that it's been corrected and to not worry. Next bill I receive will have adjustments and I'll be credited this and I'll be caught up all night and I'll be refunded for late fees and blah blah blah because I have exhausted and resorted to every venue that I possibly can to try to correct this on my own.

And it's not like I can get on the other side of the phone and make these people actually do their job and follow the situation through until it actually is taken care of. And I'm done dealing with it because all it does is annoy and frustrate me. And it's been a year and every time I call I get a different story. I get a different way to resolve it. I get it different everything and I'm just done. I've even tried going into the store where the initial error must have been made, the store that purchased and jump from the Samsung 6 to the 7. And because this was the store that I was told that the manager was going to be calling me and speaking to me and he never did. And after I waited over an hr to speak with someone in order to get this corrected I was told that there wasn't anything at the store could do which funny because I was told by a customer service rep that it had to be resolved at the store.

And then I'm told by the stores that has to be resolved customer service. So as I said in confidence and lack of knowledge as far as employees knowing the correct way to address a situation that a customer has and resolve it because someone is not taking responsibility for a mistake that they made for whatever reason and they're trying to make me pay for it and I'm not going to. So the store tells me that when I ask to speak to a manager. How conveniently no one was able to assist me and that again I had to address too. So with customer service on the phone and obviously since I had already spoken with them months and months numerous times and I just am not going through this anymore and I would have liked to have written an email to the powers-that-be at T-Mobile. But it's funny how the only way that you can address them is by a phone or a text and obviously I'm getting nowhere on the phone except screwed.

So a few months after I had upgraded to that Samsung 7s someone stolen my Samsung 7s at a gas station when I stopped to get gas in New Jersey. And my phone was charging on my dashboard and I went into the store to get something and the guy I was pumping my gas. And when I come out next thing you know my phone's gone. And to avoid anymore incompetence as far as from the Essex Maryland store and their incompetent employees and manager not knowing how to do their job correctly since I was still dealing with the stress from my Samsung 6, when someone stole my 1st Samsung 7s a few months later and as I needed to get a new cell phone asap I decided to go to the White Marsh store in Maryland.

And when I explain to that manager my issue with the Essex store they also stated that it was an issue that had to be corrected through customer service regardless of where the air was made. It's something that has to be done within their system and only customer service on the phone is able to handle it. But I still didn't want to deal with the incompetence of it Maryland of the Essex Maryland store anymore so I purchased my used my jump Insurance again. Paid $175. Didn't have the phone to turn in because obviously someone stole it which is what I did when I jump to the Samsung Galaxy 7 the first time I didn't have a phone. I paid $175 and I also even paid money towards the phone and I even took pay money towards my cell phone bill and it was a cash transaction and that should have been it.

I purchased my phone and I was out the door. And then I get a bill and that's when and ever since I've been dealing with the situation. And now that the Samsung 8 is coming out and I would like to jump and upgrade to that phone, I'm actually thinking about switching carriers because not only have they been charging me in late fees I should already have had my Samsung 7 paid off by now. But because I'm not making complete payments and now I refuse to because they decided to take it on their own after I paid.

As I stated I was only paying for my Samsung 7 and my service for that long so I deducted the other ridiculous charges for the Samsung 6 and I've only been paying anywhere from 140 $107 a month. And I made that payment and T-Mobile took it upon himself to take out over $206 which is what they were trying I guess to say that I owed because I was going several months without paying my bill in full and I was trying to make a point. And obviously considering on their website it says that my Samsung 6 has been resolved does not make any sense to me why they're still trying to charge me for it especially considering I don't have it. So FYI I'm sure that T-Mobile isn't alone in the fact that they do not train people properly with all of these situations on how to handle certain things.

But considering they are supposed to leave a note whenever someone calls and they even say there's a chance that the call will be recorded, it would be nice if they were recorded and that the recordings were actually used for something. But apparently not and I'm tired of getting restored with empty lies and I'm even told I've been told numerous times I'm going to have to get someone to call back. Well guess what they never do and it's agitating me. It's making me an agitated person. It's making me really short tempered when it comes to dealing with this because it makes no sense why it's taking them so long to resolve it. And it's funny how they handle all of their problems by a phone.

And it makes you wonder because you can't hold someone to their verbal word but it would be nice if you could actually write an email and then you can have an actual document. But it's funny how T-Mobile avoids that by not allowing anyone to address their customer service with an email because then they would have written proof of the incompetence of their employees when it comes to handling a situation that a customer has. Suck on that T-Mobile because not only do you have crappy coverage in areas where it's not a metropolitan City but you make excuses.

Because it's funny how you called them because your GPS signal on your phone so you really don't know where you are and they try to sell you that they can't assist you until you give them an exact location of where you are. Well if your data plan isn't working T-Mobile and you're lost on the road somewhere because your service is crappy tell me how someone is supposed to know or not Highway at 12 o'clock at night by themselves exactly where they are at considering they actually want a city and a zip code and they tell you they can assist you until they get that. Well if I had that I have service and I wouldn't be calling. So common sense, your customer service reps are idiots and they're incompetent and they apparently are not trained.

And how they do their job correctly because I've been told numerous times by many salaried supervisors that they are going to stay on my case until it's resolved and I'm called and I'm told it's resolved and then guess what the next month that ** still showing up on my bill. So since you didn't want to help me and you can't understand the frustration of dealing with this for so long and every month I hope you enjoyed my business for very long time 2001 - 2017. To shame that you didn't care about the fact that you had a loyal customer even someone who was willing to past the shoddy coverage, cell phone coverage that they had ironically through using a T-Mobile HotSpot that I had to buy separately. Funny how I can get a service using night but I couldn't get the service just using my phone.

And also what they don't acknowledge is that yes T-Mobile has unlimited data, unlimited text and unlimited phone but obviously it's not unlimited data because T-Mobile does put a limit on it. And when you apparently go over that limit how conveniently they shut your data plan down. And unless you find a Wi-Fi or a signal that is in through them you can't do anything with your data plan. And they even send you a message of funny how you have unlimited data but then they send you a message asking you to increase your data. Well if you have unlimited data what are you increasing it to. It should be Unlimited so you know cell phone companies seem to be just scam artist because they pull people in with their Promises of this and Promises of that. And obviously you know they knew the people don't look at fine print or whatever they put in after it.

But my entire situation with them is that no one seemed to be able to, honestly well I should say it was corrected for two months because I was given a credit when I wasn't mean. I didn't make the payment so they are giving me the credit and I was Apologize by numerous supervisors. And but you know words mean nothing. It's all about your actions. And considering it's now been almost a year that I lost my Samsung 6 and purchase my 7 and you've been charging me late fees you took it upon yourself to take money out of my account when you didn't have authorization I'm done.

So maybe instead of trying to get new customers you are also try to keep the ones that you have. Because they're the ones that people ask Will how is your service, House customer service, house this house that people do and they are influenced by what other people say. So remember that when the next me comes along because loyalty is some earned and mobile does not deserve my loyalty as a customer by TMobile. Buyer beware of incompetence and empty words. Get it in writing. Thank you for your time.

T-Mobile is horrible. They weren't my first choice in phone purchases but it was the only place I could afford at the time being straight out of high school with no credit. I added the Jump! On Demand to my plan and was told that with it, you could upgrade up to 3x per year with little down. When the iPhone 7 came out, I went in store and thought I was going to be able to upgrade. I was told I was going to have to pay between 350-500 depending on the phone and GB. I decided to just wait until my lease was up with my current phone to upgrade.

That time has come and I went in the store again and had another disappointment. I was told that I'd have to pay 550 for a iPhone 7+. I've paid most of my bills on time, missed it one time due to starting college and not having being paid in time. I decided to look elsewhere and got the phone with Sprint for 200. I thought already being a customer would exclude me from paying an arm and a leg for a new phone but I was clearly wrong.

When I got in JUMP! On Demand since 2015, the headline was to update to any flagship phone, with zero down, for 3 times per year. So, I took it. When I changed from S6+ to Note 7 they tried to charge me a Down payment, but I explained that I was JOD user and I should not have any down payment. So, they did. Now I am trying to get the S8+ and they want to charge me $130 saying that it's because this phone is more expensive. I have called T-Mobile and every single time the information I get is different. Same thing with Facebook and Twitter Channels. They keep changing agents in the same conversation. You have to start explaining all over again.

I can see over the internet, hundreds of JOD users complaining about the same thing and for some users, T-Mobile is crediting back the $130 on the user's account, so I asked for the same deal and they still say they can't do it. All that I want is to upgrade my phone, the same way I was promised and did few times, using the JUMP! On Demand program. I am really sick of this scams T-Mobile is running like the free phone, and I got it. It happens it wasn't free and T-Mobile says that the problem is that the store that "gave" me the phone didn't check my account was not eligible. So, why offer me in the first place?

Bad reception or none. For two days our phones all T-Mobile have not been working well. Try to call - my husband went to the store and no one is acknowledging the problem. I work in a medical practice - I schedule surgeries. I had problems this morning with 3 patients who have no house phone and only have T-Mobile cell. They could not hear me when I called. This is unacceptable. My line is the only number I have to receive a call. I have my mother in hospice and they cannot call me because your phones are not working and no one is telling us nothing but trying to blame it on the phones. This is not ok.

I was told that you get a new free line and free device. They start charging for the device on my monthly bill. The rep lied to me that device is free. I called the customer care and they said, "It's not free and you would have to pay." Going to pay for my phone and switch to another carrier.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

In December I saw an ad for unlimited data streaming from T-Mobile. I called and explained that I wanted to connect a TV to the service as opposed to a cable or satellite service. The customer service representative told me what I needed was a 6GB (the minimum) plan and a hotspot for $35 a month. I asked if my old Verizon hotspot would work with the SIM and they said they didn't recommend that but they would send an Alcatel hotspot for free. That was the only transaction that was free of problems... Within 4 days of connecting the hotspot to a smart tv the 6GB were gone and the hotspot throttled back to 1x. When I called they said that I could not connect directly to a smart TV. I needed a streaming device like a Apple TV or a Fire stick. They also said I should up my 6GB plan to 22gb (the largest) as a buffer for $60 a month more.

I thought this was strange since I technically shouldn't be using any data if streaming only but I did it. Since I had an old Apple TV I jockey it up and it worked... Sort of. I specifically isolated the TV from everything else and ran it for a month. I used 154gb of streaming data and used up all 22gb of "other" data in 29 days. I called back and was told that hot spots were not supported for the unlimited streaming plan and I needed to use a phone, a tablet or a laptop for it to work. Now pay attention cause it gets interesting here. PHONES AND TABLETS HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON: The sim is plugged directly into the device. I am unaware of any laptop that can accept a SIM card. When I pointed this out to tech support they agreed that the unlimited streaming data plan would NOT work in laptops either.

I filed 2 separate complaints with Tech support and opened tickets both times. Both times I was told someone would be contacting me within 3 days but both times I never received a follow up. In March I switched to an Amazon fire stick to see if I could get through the entire month with my so called "unlimited streaming data" plan and got thru March 15th before the 22GB was used up and the service throttled back to 1x. When I tried to cancel the plan, the real fun began. On March 16 after losing service again I called to cancel the plan. I was told it was canceled, I would receive a month of service refunded and because they sold me a hotspot that was incompatible with the plan I could return the hotspot.

On April 5th I got a new bill auto debited to my account. I called and was told that the cancellation was noted but never placed. The customer service representative I spoke with told me that she would take care of everything immediately and proceeded to explain that since the 15 day buyer's remorse had expired I would be billed for the hotspot. I tried to explain that I was already told I didn't have to pay for it. She said "You are not paying for it." I said "I know but when you cancel the service you just said you were going to charge me for it." She said "That's correct." I said "But when I cancelled the service the first time I was told I could return it with no charge because they shouldn't have sold it to me in the first place." She said "That's correct you are not paying for it." I said "Ok good so cancel the service and send me a shipping label to return the hotspot."

She said "No we will bill you for it after the service is cancelled." I said "Didn't you just say I don't have to pay for it." She said "That's correct, you are not paying for it until you cancel the service." I said "That's what you are doing right now. So if I understand you I don't pay for it at 9 am but at 9:05 once you cancel the service I'll have to pay the full amount?" She said "That's correct." At that point I asked her if she could spell doublespeak and requested to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor Brian (who refused to give his last name) was even worse. Doublespeak, vague, obtuse. When I asked to speak to his superior he said that was not possible. Basically, he said I would be billed for the hotspot, for the month I got only 15 days of service and also for the new month because it showed 1gb of usage while it was unplugged, turned off and in the box!

Here is what I came away with: Customer service is hit or miss. In Philippines or US with no reason. Customer service is untrained and unfamiliar with the plans and their parameters. Supervisors are equally untrained but with a small amount of power and a bad attitude. T-Mobile slapped these plans together without the ability to monitor them. They lack the infrastructure to run these plans. To be more specific that cannot tell if the data is streaming data, uploads or browsing. That's why they can only run the unlimited streaming through an end user's device that can tell them what type of data is being used such as a phone. So, if they tell you it will work with a laptop they are wrong. It will be a repeat of my experience.

If you are considering this plan get it in a phone or tablet with a hotspot feature and screen mirror it to your tv. Or watch tv on your phone or tablet only. But my advice is stay away from T-Mobile because they just don't care about their customers. I have been a Sprint multi-plan user for 30 years. When I have a problem they fix it. T-Mobile seems to view themselves as a discount service provider and the corporate culture seems to mirror that mentality. Their cut rate service plans leads to cut rate customer service and a "you ain't paying for my time or my interest in your problems attitude".

In closing, if you are budget conscious a 6GB plan with unlimited streaming is ok on a phone or tablet if you don't expect anything that resembles customer service or tech support. But plans are dropping every day and unlimited plans is making a comeback. I'm not sure why T-Mobile even bothers with the streaming data only feature since streaming is data intensive. If they charged a little more and opened it up to just plain unlimited, the customers would be happier and they wouldn't have the issues they have now.

Called to cancel my 86 yr old father's account due to his death. I call 611, first person took all of my information and understood why I was canceling but had to transfer to 'customer care', 2nd person asked all of the same information which is horrible especially when they are not listening and asks, "Why will you be leaving T-Mobile?" Geez, is DEATH reason enough!!! So once again I was transferred to a '3rd' person but due to high volume of calls I waited an unreasonable time with countless messages about the high volume of calls. DEAR T-MOBILE, my father is dead and your service is worthless to him. I'm not paying any more bills, so send me an invoice, I will file it in #1 file folder. When you send me the warning notice, I will file it in #2 file folder and when you send me the disconnect notice for Dad's phone I will be able to move forward with more important estate affairs.

Now I'm not so thrilled with the T-Mobile service or any of that but the humanity in the Collection Department was rare and I have only seen companies tack late fees on, try to get money. Well I'm sick and I had turned phone off, and was paying out my bill, and I wrote a note saying, "I'm sorry. I'll send all I can when I can" and I got a response letter. She sent back my ten dollars and wiped my 55 I owed out. Not many companies care if you get cancer or you're budgeting, barely surviving. I was so impressed. Still to this day that gave me some faith in humanity.

I spoke with four T-Mobile reps on three separate calls in my attempt to resolve a matter. The first rep was not forthcoming about a process and did not keep her word about calling back "in a few minutes" and never called back at all. The second rep, Benji, actually hung up on me after I called back and expressed my frustration- and asked to be transferred to a manager. Benji seemed not at all concerned with helping to fix the issue and after spending at least 10 minutes explaining what occurred he asks me "what is the main reason I'm upset?", as if he wasn't listening to a word I said before that. After I was hung up on by Benji, I called back and spoke with Joe but I immediately requested a manager this time. And Joe got me right over to a supervisor who took it from there.

We left off with that supervisor give me a call today 4-12-17 at 5pm to resolve the issue and complete my request, which was to simply purchase an iPad 32 gig for my wife. This is probably one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had trying to purchase something. And I have never been lied to and hung up on by the same company in one day. This is why I gave such a low rating. I hope to never go through that again.

So I had an account with a service provider and switched to T-Mobile because of the advertised cheaper service they offer. In less than a week I was able to realize the data coverage T-Mobile offers is really poor and unsatisfactory! Then I switched back to my former carrier because I need my phone for work etc...

Then I called T-Mobile to make sure there would not be any fees collected since I was told that if I ended service before 10 days' grace period I would not be charged. So Customer service assured me over the phone I owed nothing and would not be charged a penny. That was not really the case!!! A $120 was deducted from my account and I had to call T-Mobile again asking why I was being charged, and they told me that it was a mistake and the $120 would be refunded to my account in 48 hrs. It never happened.

So I called again and was told it would take a month because they needed to end the billing cycle which actually no longer existed because I no longer had T-Mobile as my service provider. Then I waited and called again. Then I received a $7 bill!!! And called T-Mobile once again curious why I was being charged. They said sorry and told I would not be charged the $7 and that $120 would soon be refunded to my account. Today I called T-Mobile again to ask why the money never appeared in my account and they told me they will not refund me the money period. I would like to warn everyone to be really careful when you choose your service provider such this company because you also could be stolen just like I was. I will never ever consider T-Mobile as service provider again for as long as I live! They have terrible phone/data coverage and apparently bad faith practice!

I just changed my kid's cell phone account from Verizon to T-Mobile. The lady in the store explained that I due to the current promotion, I would see a charge for the phones, but then I would also see a credit on the bill offsetting the charge. I just received my bill. There is only charges - no credits. So I call Customer Service. An hour and 30 minutes on the phone. 5 different Customer Service Reps. The 1st hung up on me. Had to call back. Second was nice but couldn't help. Third tried to give me a website for me to file for a credit and hang up. I made them stay on the line. Website did not work. Had them try as well. They then transferred me to CSR 4 as they couldn't get the website to work either. CSR 4 couldn't help but promised to transfer me to the person who could fix my account. This person, after 20 mins. on hold, said I will see the charge but will get a prepaid visa in a couple of months with the $.

At this point I am very unhappy. 5 CSRs. An hour and a half. I ask to speak to a manager. 15 mins. on hold. They say they will have a manager call me back. Which they did. But while explaining my situation, the manager hangs up on me. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Ever. Their promotions are bogus. You don't get what they say you are getting. And then when you call, you get nothing. Maybe in the end you save a couple dollars. Maybe. I've not yet experienced that. But you also get what you pay for. Do not switch to T-Mobile. Stick with any other carrier, these guys suck. (Sorry for any typos and all grammatical errors - I am a little upset at the moment.)

I was a customer for 18 months. The length of time I contracted 2 leased phones and 1 purchased. At the end of the term all 3 phones were cancelled by 2/17/2017, the billing cycle was from the 28th of each month. I bought out the lease on the iPhone, turned in the Galaxy 6 and had purchased the Galaxy 5. On 2/17/2012, I ported my number to Sprint. I just got a bill from T-Mobile for service from Feb 27 through March 27. Additionally they never credited me for the returned Galaxy 6. I tried calling to resolve the issue but the call center is somewhere in India, so it's extremely difficult to explain anything. They routed my call several times and no one could understand or help. Horrible customer service.

I was solicited by a T-Mobile rep. They came into my place of business and solicited me. Made a lot of promises. Had to buy a new phone along with the cell phone mobile to mobile service. The service or reception was horrible. I cancelled before the 2nd month. But, T-Mobile made me by the phone. I didn't need it or want it. Manager was rude and simply told me, "Sorry, you own the phone". It is almost like a bait and switch. They promise the world, but in the end, they are simply selling phones. The reception is horrible. Very very dissatisfied with T-Mobile, and their professionalism.

I am exhausted with T-Mobile. I'm on the phone every month disputing something because I was told prior something completely different. I switched over to them because AT&T were trying to get extra money from me & they said they'd pay ECF's (early cancellation fees). However they also put it in a way that they would pay my last bill. They never did. Lie number 1. AT&T said I didn't have any because I was almost through my contract but still bugged me for an extra $149 which I didn't owe. Said they'd carried it for me for several months. No way I wouldn't have a phone if I owed that. So I jumped from the pot into the fire! Anyway, my complaint is like everyone else. They can talk the talk however when you ask them how much it's gonna cost the lies; double talk & bait & switch is stunning.

I had to change my plan several times because it was outrageous what I was paying. I went the minimum and I was out of data etc less than halfway thru the month, it's diabolical! Went down cheaper only to be hit with a $31 fee which they told me was a charge to change my plan. (Really?) They say now that I'm leasing 3 devices & paying installments because I wasn't on a 24 month plan. That is a complete lie. They say it's because I didn't put down a payment. Is that their "no contract" deal because I'd rather have a contract & be paying for the devices than that! I was told last month that in July, 3 months from now my devices would be paid off. I asked her "this year right, not next." "No this year! Yes," she repeated. Now I'm livid. I can't believe anything they tell me. They are boldfaced liars! Disgusted with them!

Late November 2016 I called T-Mobile's promo line to request two additional lines for free through their Winter promotion. I was promised two additional lines free of charge when I spoke to the customer service agent. They have not honored their promotion since I ordered it in November and have been charging me an additional $95 per month each month until today.

I have called approximately a dozen times to resolve the case. They promise to "escalate" and fix the problem because it was an error on their end. They promise to "call" back with a resolution to reverse the charges. No one has fixed the problem nor called me back. I gave them a call again and they tell me the same thing again - "we will escalate the case and someone will call me back". They promise to "escalate" the case every time I call. In addition I am being charged "extra talk" fees per minutes when my lines are supposed to be unlimited talk. They still have not resolved this problem. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I been with T-Mobile for 2 years. When I open the account, I supposed to pay $140/months. I have been paying $270 every month. Some month even higher with BS explanation. What they do is they promote $100/month then they add $12 for jump on each phone then smartphone and etc BS. I pay for insurance every month and when I bring my phone in for the first time, they said they don't have phone in stock. No store does and if I want to upgrade. This is BS. I went to 3 different T-Mobile store and they all say different thing. One girl who work there tell me to text her in a couple days and see if phone in stock. WTF. I paid $12X25 months for insurance and this is how they play with you. Really doesn't worth it. I no longer want to stay with T-Mobile. I'm going to Sprint. $90/month for 2 lines. Plus insurance and etc will only cost under $140.

We had been using T-Mobile for last 10 years, last year we changed our service provider, before changing our service provider we paid off our phone. So after clearing all the remaining when we asked them to unlock our phone they need a T-Mobile sim (we got another T-Mobile sim) just to unlock. But still they cannot unlock it, their great team of engineers are working on it how to unlock a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 bought from a T-Mobile store.

When I first got with T-Mobile I thought it was pretty good until now. They don't tell you about the hidden fees and they charge you and when it's time to pay your bill, is never the amount it was suppose to be. They never explain anything to you and when you get your bill your sick wondering where the extra amount is from. I should have listened when everyone told me NOT to go with them.

After 7 years and two bait and switch episodes, I finally tried to cut the cord with T-Mobile. I went to store the day after Thanksgiving to pay my current bill, I was deluged with black Friday specials that I was eligible for, beginning with a free upgrade IPHONE 7 with a trade in of an eligible phone, I trade in my perfectly pristine IPHONE 5 which was unlocked and color blue and accepted the offer. Two weeks later I received a text from T-Mobile notifying me that I was no longer eligible for the promotion. When I attempted to return the phone that I didn't need in the first place, and get my phone back they told me it was too late to return phone (14 days) and I couldn't get my phone back. I cancelled my 5 lines.

I've had nothing but horrible experiences with T-Mobile. My most recent experience was the absolute worst and it's not even over yet. Basically I purchased a brand new phone and it isn't staying connected to the wi-fi calling. I've been in the store twice now for this problem and it's still not resolved. No one wants to solve my problem. I was promised an exchange but no one will exchange the phone even though it has problems. Basically T-Mobile is right 100% of the time and the customer is wrong because if the customer was right my phone would have been replaced the first time and definitely the second time. I'm so fed up with the level of customer service.

Oh and my phone costs $200, my boyfriend's costs $200 and our plan is $100 a month. In my opinion with that much money being thrown to T-Mobile they should be WAY more helpful but apparently money is no issue for T-Mobile and I am seriously considering switching carriers and taking everyone with me. Their customer service in person and on the phone is awful, no one cares to actually fix your issues. I've never had any issue with Verizon. They did everything they could to help me and always did. I have nothing but horrible experiences with T-Mobile. It's uncalled for and unacceptable.

I called requesting the free line during the promotional period and was promised the promotion would began in my next billing cycle. Prior to the next billing cycle I called to verify with a representative and was told that my account was not scheduled for the change and that the promotion was no longer available. I then requested to speak with a supervisor who promised me that my fifth line would receive a credit monthly in March 2017 and thereafter. However, when the next bill occurred no credit was applied and I was told that I could not be credited because the same supervisor wrote that I did not qualify for the promotion according manager AMY #** on April 5, 2017.

This not the only time T-Mobile has promised a plan and has not delivered. They claim 4G service in the same areas as Verizon which is also untrue. Majority of the time my phone is on 2G. Due to this grand error I will seek legal representation because all of my conversations were recorded and representatives were notified as such due to inconsistent information provided by multiple representatives and supervisors. STAY AWAY!! You GET what you pay for.

We have been T-mobile customers for more than 4 years. We chose T-mobile because we travel abroad, and want to use unlocked phones so we can swap out SIM cards when we are abroad. Recently we made the mistake of buying a phone from T-mobile. At a T-mobile store, we were emphatic that we needed to unlock the phone within a few weeks of buying it due to upcoming travel. We were willing to buy the phone from Apple or another vendor, but we were told that we could unlock the phone if we made two payments in advance.

Later, we called T-mobile support to unlock the phone, and were given a different story - we needed to pay off the phone. Not a problem, as I said, we were prepared to buy the phone outright from another vendor; and T-mobile gives you absolutely no discount - you pay full retail price. So, we paid off the phone and were told to wait 24-48 hours for an e-mail with instructions to unlock the phone. After more than 48 hours later, we received a message saying that the phone could not be unlocked. We were lied to twice - in the store, and later by customer service. We wanted to return the phone for a full refund, and were told that we could not get a full refund. Bottom line: Assume everyone at T-mobile is lying. Do not give them your business. All we can do is get whatever refund is available and switch providers.

T-Mobile free device promotions is a fraud, they will tell that you get a free device as part of being a loyal customer and later start charging for the free device. It happened to me during 2016 Black Friday promotion, I was told that you get a new free line and free device. Later they start charging for the device on my monthly bill and called and complained. The sales guys lied to me that device is free. I could not believe that he outright lied to me, 3 months later I kept getting the bill of device and new free line. I called the customer care and they said "it's not free and you would have to pay." I am T-Mobile for 4+ years and was largely satisfied with the service but not okay with fraud and lies. I was told that the manager will follow up and dig up the old call and see if that was true. Bottom line never trust any freebie thing from T-Mobile and pay attention to your monthly bill even if you with them for long time.

They turned my phone off because they say I am behind. I was paying over the phone. The money came out of my bank account never post by T-Mobile and they're still charging my every month. I told no service no money so they tried to go into my bank account for 208 but my bank at my request blocked them. So they will not turn my phone. They're thieves.

T-Mobile trade-off is a scam. DO NOT do it. I sent in an iPhone 6 as a tradeoff for my iPhone 7+ that I recently bought. Little did I know, after calling 3 times that I would be told that my iPhone 6 had a crack on it and that it is past the due date to get it back. I called and spoke to numerous representatives asking on my iPhone 6 status and not one person had information to give to me. All they said were, "We don't see your status," "It hasn't arrived at the warehouse yet," "I'll send an email out," (but guess what, no email) etc. Then now when I call (two times) I get different answers. I was shockingly told that my iPhone 6 cannot be returned to me because there was a crack and because I missed the deadline. A notification through email and SMS were sent to me.

First, **. How many times did I call to ONLY be notified about this now? They tell me they received my iPhone 6 back in November and I already called three times? Are you kidding? And none of their representatives knew about this and all were clueless. They led me to think that my iPhone 6 was still on its way there and that I would be credited once they received my iPhone. I checked my email and I am very quick with my email and there were no emails sent out on dates they told me emails were sent out. I get monthly email notifications from you guys, but the 2 emails that were suppose to tell me about my cracked iPhone were missing. How ironic. How unfortunate. What a coincidence.

It's frustrating as a loyal customer that I was never notified about this when I called and was told that I needed to wait and get my account adjusted. CLEARLY none of the representatives took their time and researched on the whereabouts of my iPhone. I was told there was a labeling wrong and that's why all the representatives couldn't see the status of my iPhone. And this is the best... there were no email notifications at all, no emails from the dates that T-Mobile said they sent me an email notification. No SMS notification about the crack. Nothing.

How funny is it that I receive emails from T-Mobile all the time, but not on the iPhone trade off? I didn't even receive 1 out of 2. I know myself and I definitely know I check all my emails promptly. I mean, if you guys got a SMS telling you about your iPhone 6 (which you have been waiting to hear back), wouldn't you think you would remember? Wouldn't at least 1 out of the 3 notifications would have gotten to you?

They couldn't even accommodate and give me more credit back. It's an iPhone 6 that you guys took away from your own customers. I wouldn't be as mad if I didn't try to reach out to them. It's already April 2017 and the trade off was back in Oct/Sept 2016. It's ridiculous that it took this long for me to just receive the bad news.

So in ending, T-Mobile is scamming all of us. DO NOT TRADE IN YOUR IPHONE. DO NOT DO IT. They will take your iPhone, lie and said it was already damaged and not return your phone. THEN you will basically lose your iPhone AND have to pay for the full EIP. What a beautiful scam. And when you call and ask for proof, they basically tell you they can't because of "privacy".

It is clearly better to take your business elsewhere. I never write reviews, but I am so shocked because I feel so betrayed by T-Mobile. If you ask anyone, I recommend T-Mobile to all my friends and family members and to have this happen is so disappointing. You guys can google online about how many cases are similar to mine. Don't go to T-Mobile. They are scamming their own customers.

We transferred from Verizon to T-Mobile based "lower price and better coverage." Both lies. If you are under their tower or somewhere that is loaded with Wi-Fi maybe. Problems started as soon as we tried to transfer my tablet. Took 3 call tech support. We switch will visiting family in Ft Worth, get back to rural middle GA (Thomaston). Did not have a signal in Walmart or Home Depot. Half the time my wife could not be heard on her phone. We have land 60 miles from home I lost service 10 miles from our land. First day I was out there had to drive back almost to Griffin (40 miles) before I got service. Went to a store to see what they could do got the "deer in the headlights" stare and call 611. That was a joke. 8 calls later still no straight answer.

COVERAGE MAP showed should have coverage. Every time I had to call customer service had to talk to 3 different people mail and multiple phone calls. Their switch program sounds good till you have to call on status. After 45 days went back knowledge to Verizon. Now we still have to pay for 2 tablets, 1 smartphone and 2 basic phones. I call them to set up payment arrangements. Thought everything was good then start getting demand letters "pay in full or it goes to collections." Call to make a payment as agreed, discuss and ask about the demand letters. "Oh it will still go to collections even with a payment agreement because we have to secure the account." They are the UN carrier, UN customer service.

I went into the T-Mobile store on Sparkman Drive in Huntsville AL. I wanted to buy a new ZTE phone and give the old phone to daughter to have her service put in. The salesman took it upon himself to change my service. He opened another line for the other phone charged me for opening the new line. I get back home and give my daughter my old phone. A few hours passed and she ask did I put minutes on the phone. I told her no. My daughter informed me that she thought he open another line on my account for her. I call the salesman back. He informed me that it was a better deal for me, to have changed to this plan. My phone bill for my line would only be 50 a month and my daughter's new line would be 50, whereas I was paying 75 a month for just my service. Now I am stuck with paying my 28 year of daughter's phone bill.

I noticed my phone only worked at home or work. It started to be a problem. I went back in the store last week, talked to another gentlemen about the error I was receiving. He informed me that I was never given internet service on my the ZTE. I only was given internet on the new line. I had wifi so that's why it worked at work and at home, but not in my smart car. The gentlemen informed me that he fixed the problem with the internet. He added internet to the ZTE. This happened last Wed. My grandmother died and I went to my family's house and because it was in a remote area I couldn't use my service (internet) so I called the 611 number and spoke to a lady while leaving the grave site. She did some kind of troubleshoot, THAT WAS FRIDAY.

Last night I used my phone for a couple hours put it on charge and went to sleep. I awoke this morning and the ZTE will not even come on period. So I made it to work and call the 611 again and informed the customer service rep that the phone would not power up at all. The customer rep asked a few questions and decided to send me another phone overnight and he said it should arrive at the store by the end of day tomorrow. I am WITHOUT A PHONE UNTIL THEN. TERRIBLE SERVICE I FEEL I HAVE RECEIVED FROM T-MOBILE.

Was on hold for 50 minutes... Did not get any help. If you get someone in the line they cannot help. Tell you to call your local branch because they are located in UK or on other end of world... or you just simply get disconnected??? After waiting for ages. Billing... nightmare!!! They expect you to pay bill 3 week prior to billing even though you already prepared a month... because apparently it does not matter when you sign up you always pay the same time worldwide!!! BS... They promise you the world to sign up and don't deliver on any. If you need to discuss it with someone... you are at the mercy of waiting on hold. Vicious cycle... and customer always gets the short end. Save yourself time, headache and money... Go somewhere else!!

I was a T-Mobile customer and left for another company. I asked them to unlock my phone and they told me no. I would have to be a customer first, then they would. So I left the store. I didn't even buy the phone from them when I signed up. I merely put their sim card into an unlocked phone I bought online. I then wrote a letter to their customer relations department, again asking them to please, unlock my phone. Several weeks have passed with no response. It seems they have kidnapped my phone and am holding it for ransom.

Store manager and associates can talk the talk to sucker you in on anything. Sold me 4 sim cards and when I ordered the phone it came with a sim so now I spent extra money and didn't need to and have extra sim cards I don't need. Manager said, "Keep them just in case one goes bad." Also said service was great. WRONG. Service sucks in my area even with a booster. Terrible reception, dropped calls and can't make calls. Called customer service and they are no help either, had to call numerous times about same issue and talk to numerous departments. Don't know what they are doing. With all these bad reviews I don't know why there isn't a class action lawsuit against these jokers. Instead of building these new buildings and giving free stuff away on Tuesdays... they should really work on cell coverage and service.

T-Mobile Company Profile