T-Mobile Reviews

T-Mobile
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.21/5
Based on 2,819 ratings submitted in the last year

T-Mobile Reviews

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

If Ragnar the Norse God was born in the 21st century, his name would be Justin ** and he would work at the T-Mobile store in the City Creek mall located in downtown Salt Lake City. I came in several times during one evening after being yo-yo ed by the Apple Store. I had self tanner all over my face and I was bawling my eyes out. It was not a pretty sight, But Justin remained calm and was extremely helpful the entire time. He was able to calm me down and talk me through what he was doing which was 800% more than what the apple store even tried to do. In the end he was able to come up with a solution that was better than I could have hoped for. He was a great employee and I appreciate the time he took with me!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

T-Mobile has always bent over backwards in their customer service. They really are great to deal with if you have a problem. There is one thing you should look out for, though. Over the course of three years they have put additional services I didn't want on my account. This has happened three times...too many to be an accident. When you call them about it, they remove the service and apologize profusely. Great company, but they will try and pull a fast one on you occasionally so review your bill each month!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I was really pleased with the customer service I received at the San Luis Obispo location when visiting from Canada. I had a bad experience with a sim bundle I bought from Best Buy that I was told would work on my iPhone 6 but didn’t and then I couldn’t get a refund after wasting an hour of my time. The next day I walked into T-Mobile and in a couple of minutes I had a working phone with unlimited everything for next to nothing for the week I was in the US. Such helpful and friendly service, T-Mobile is my go to for my next trip south of the border.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I have been with all four major carriers and have never loved my Cellular company until now! I've been with them 3 1/2 years. Not everything has been perfect, I've had some issues here and there. But that has to do with a few sales reps and not the company itself. NOT ONE SINGLE company can say that 100% of their employees are stellar! It would be impossible not to have a few bad seeds squeak through. All in all it has been a great experience.

I had bad credit and after making 12 months of on time payments they financed me a Galaxy S9 no credit check and no money down! No other company cellular or other would give me such a chance to rebuild my credit! Customer Service has been pretty great! Never on hold more than 1-3 minutes, and they almost always can address my needs! I've only been overbilled a few times which they quickly credited me for. I have a signal much better than Verizon's! I had service still camping on Mt. Shasta and even driving through Death Valley! I couldn't believe it! I highly recommend them over any other company! You can't beat their plans, signal strength or customer service!

Original review: July 22, 2019

T-Mobile, from Customer Service, to Technical Support, to Billing, to Supervisors, and Management, Thank you! To current customers and non-customers please take note as T-Mobile is where you want to stay or be in the years to come. They have amazing things coming around the corner and you will want to be a part of it. I know this because they listen to their customers and respond appropriately exceeding my expectations. My experience the last six years from both a personal and business account perspective has been most incredible, most uplifting, and most desirable a consumer could experience. When I switched carriers from Verizon to T-Mobile I was looking for an economical and quality carrier. I not only found that, but much more that exceeded any customer experience in my many decades on planet earth.

I have had some great company experiences in my lifetime and personally I have delivered top-notch Customer Service and Technical Support as well. In Aerospace I received letters of accommodation and recommendation from Japan Airlines and the Boeing Company including a Memorial from JAL. I know customer service and technical support. T-Mobile, hands down the number one company experience in my lifetime. It started six years ago when I was located in an area that had no service by any carrier. T-Mobile found a way to get me at least 2G to my phone. I did not know 2G still existed. No carrier could penetrate this structure, but T-Mobile did. They used engineering and finagled phones until they found the right combination. They never gave up to fulfill my service in a desperate situation. Two years later I switched over to a business account.

Again, out of nowhere they made my experience 100% better by assigning me a team! A team of people available to me 24/7 all seven days a week. This team knows me better than any company has in the past. They are at the meat of my business keeping my operation alive and well. T-Mobile has never wavered. I believe in their customer centric mentality throughout the company. They look at your circumstances and make decisions based on your needs and situation before their own. Their genuine concern and expertise in resolving technical issues is exemplary and unparalleled in the cell phone industry. They have helped me immensely in overcoming a changing economic landscape and every day challenges life can throw at you like theft and technical issues.

At the end of the day their actions are what separates them from any other organization. T-Mobile is behind me, in front of me, and they will be, by my side as long as I buy cell phones. One of the most impressive moments recently was when they got LG on the phone with me. The actual manufacturer. I needed backup completed beyond three phones, to help me with recovery. That was a first as they wanted me to be assured they have no limits to deliver exactly what you ask for. I want to acknowledge my team at T-Mobile with this endorsement. Thank you very much Team!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I ordered an iPhone XR on the phone via customer care and a couple of hours later I changed my mind and called Customer Care to cancel order and instead told her I want to place a new order for an iPhone 11. She then told me they can not cancel it as it’s already in processed for shipping. I was told they are going to send me a return label via email so I can put it over on the original package label then take it to UPS drop off location. She also said I will not be able to get a refund of the tax I paid for it till they get the iPhone XR and get it scanned into the system So I said okay fine... Few days later the IPhone XR got delivered by UPS.. Didn’t open the box as I am returning it. Only time I held it when attaching new return package label sent by T-Mobile. The following morning the Package was dropped off at a UPS drop off location in Houston.

Same day I placed a new order for an iPhone 11 128 gig via Customer Care and paid applicable tax and waited for my package to arrive. Three days later I have a notification from UPS that the iPhone 11 is for delivery. Waited all day ...by 8:15 pm that day I called UPS and told them that I will pick it up at the UPS location the following day. As I got there....UPS told me that they can not locate the package (IPhone 11 128 gig) but the status still for delivery. At that point I concluded It’s missing so I reported it to T-Mobile- I was on the phone with T-Mobile and UPS supervisor for 2 hours. As a summary of this ordeal it was determined that it got lost by UPS and I have to wait for a week to close the investigation before I will get my refund of the tax I paid for it. It never got delivered- got stolen as simple as that.

I ended up getting my IPhone 11 at the T-Mobile store as I don’t trust any more packages in the mail. To this date on the T-Mobile apps still saying that the lost package is for delivery which is ridiculous. So back to the IPhone XR. On December 2, 2019 I received a UPS notification that the tracking number for the XR package had been delivered at their Fort Worth Tx Warehouse. So I called customer care to verify if they received it. I was told by many customer care representatives that they don’t have it yet and that it will take weeks to get it scanned into the system. So I was being patient but it had gotten to a point where I was being lied to many times as to what happened to the IPhone XR package.

I got so fed up of their unprofessional treatments with me as they can not give me a straight answer. All I’m getting from them - "we will initiate the investigation" each time I call. They don’t like to talk to me anymore as if they put a star next to my name in their computer system like here comes the ** she’s calling again. A week before Christmas I called and ask for a supervisor with no result at all. The supervisor named Yvatt was rude and not very helpful at all. Two customer care representatives that I talked to seemed to be a little helpful but there’s nothing they can do to resolve the issue of finding the missing package. Telling me over and over again, "We will continue to look for it." Bear in mind this a week before Christmas and my patience was about to run out. The answers I get each time I call -- They can not find the package that they will continue to look for it.

So by Jan 9, 2020 I called again and I talked to a customer care representative by the named of Bruce who seemed to be helpful at that time. I gave him the tracking information again and told me he will call me in about a week 1/16/20. He never did. So I called him with all the printouts of my tracking information and proof of delivery and who received it. He was extremely rude and unprofessional I was so shocked when this T-Mobile customer care representative Bruce told me that they found the box it’s empty and that I had returned an empty box. He then demanded that I returned the IPhone XR so they can close up the finance account as they were charging me for a device that I don’t have. Plain and simple T-Mobile accused me of stealing it, that I opened the box and keep the phone. I had the package clear taped around it so no one can tamper it or open it.

It took them a month and a half to tell me this. It's beyond belief. They claimed the box was found empty on December 9, 2019 and it took them over a month to give me this information. The fact that this item has been missing for awhile, T-Mobile did not take a picture of the outside of the box but only the inside once they found the package. Common sense to take a picture of the outside of the box to prove there is no tampering of this package. That is a missing package and you throw away the evidence. That tells you T-Mobile is covering up something, telling me they don’t have the box anymore. I can not prove that it was stolen in the warehouse as there is no picture of the outside box being tempered with. In a polite way, they want me to give the phone back to them which I don’t have. They even put a restriction on me to not starting an investigation with UPS as to what happen to the phone. That tells me something is not right.

If you order an iPhone get it at the store so you won’t end up in the same predicament like I did. To this date there is no resolution. The fact is I sent the phone. I have proof of delivery but doesn’t mean anything at all. All they are saying I have the missing phone and I sent an empty box. T-Mobile doesn’t care about customers unlike before when they have loyalty department.

T-Mobile relies their Texas Customers Service people who are very unprofessional. Supervisors are horrible. I can only remember a couple of the customer care representatives who are in a way helpful in the beginning however the rest I gave them a thumbs down. After a total of 15 years with T-Mobile it's time to move on. It’s not worth of my time. I can not deal any more stress with this company. A horrible experienced with them. I would not recommend T-Mobile for a phone provider especially if you lived in Houston, Texas. Customer Care is horrible. Outside Texas maybe okay. Also buy your phone at the store if you are happy with T-Mobile. However do not let them send to you by mail especially via UPS and avoid returning an iPhone to a T-Mobile warehouse Fort Worth if you don’t want to be in the same predicament like I did.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

For the past year the professionalism of the customer care call in people and the tech support people has gone down considerably. I have spent hours on the phone with tech support people trying to get slow data and broken up text messages resolved and still no resolution. After all of my ongoing trouble they recently insulted me by offering a $5 credit to my account.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Manager Rashad has misquoted policies over and over again along with his team. I returned 2 brand new iPhone 11 me in their cases and received UPS confirmation of delivery as well as a returned 7plus with confirmed delivery and I am being told they are investigating locations of phones????

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

It is extremely disturbing that T-Mobile since January 8, 2020 has blocked my access to certain international news sites without any notice, justification, or legality. I have managed to connect to said sites via third party software but this action is a total intrusion on my personal choice regarding being able to access new sites of my choice. I have been with T-Mobile since 2001 and this action has determined me to dump the worthless entity and am more than willing to give my money to a lesser known carrier if need be.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Last month my mother got cell phone service from T-Mobile. She requested auto refill. At the time she complained they gave her no paper work. One month later she gets a message that her service has been suspended. Okay, I volunteered to go to a T-Mobile and find out what is going on. I talk to Yarron at a T-mobile store. He looks the account up and tells me -our account has been suspended, nothing he can do. I inform him that we were on automatic payment. He tells me -no we were not on automatic payment. I tell him that we were messaged by T-mobile that they received our money. He tells me Well, Mom’s account has been suspended. And suggests it was because she didn’t pay on time. I tell him we did pay on time because it was AUTOMATIC. He tells me -no we aren’t on automatic payment. I tell him we are and ask him -Then why/how did an automatic payment go through if we aren’t on automatic payment?

I don’t know what he answered to that exactly but he clearly felt it was either our fault or perhaps the original T-mobile salesperson person.He wasn’t able to

hear me, believe me or understand me. I am not sure which. He stood, immovable and yet I wasn’t satisfied. My Mom paid her money, needed her cell tomorrow and he wasn’t interested in helping us unless we wanted to purchase a new service since the old one was suspended. I asked him to fix the problem and he told me it wasn’t his problem. I was confounded by that and showed my frustration by not accepting it. I said he and T-mobile had to do something. He told me that I was being rude to him. Which threw me. I wasn’t personally being rude to him but I was very frustrated. He told me that there was nothing he could do, there was no manager, that there was no action to be taken and I should leave.

So, here I was, knowing my Mom had paid for a cell service but had no service and was being told by this young man that it wasn’t their problem. I videotaped him from here which bothered him and he stopped momentarily telling me I was treating him badly and I was being rude. Okay so it was highly unpleasant. I went to my car and called T-mobile. I needed a pin, had to change the pin. Was asked for a new pin number of 6 digits. Changed it to a number I know well by the customer service person entering into it. This customer service person was difficult to understand, he mumbled, paused often, very difficult to follow but I think in retrospect he was saying “opted out” a lot. Basically he finally said that my bank or credit card or whatever was no good and I had to talk to the bank. I called my Mother and asked her to call the bank and drove home.

We confirmed the money had been paid by the credit card so we called T-mobile again. We went through the whole thing again (except he wanted our 4 digit pin number, the one I had changed) but it didn't work. Again the whole sending pin numbers etc. Once again we explain the facts, Mom signed up for T-mobile cell service and paid on December 10th. She asked for automatic payment for next month. Which she always does. Her credit card has been charged but the customer service representative Patrick told her that she’d have to wait for 72 hours to get her cell reinstated.

Patrick tells us that my Mom must have: Opted out of the automatic payment. Once again we explain if this was true, then why was her credit card charged. He agrees to look at this and find that yes, there was a payment. He claims WE must have paid the bill so it will take three days to reinstate the cell. We tell him we did not make a payment, that it was AUTOMATICALLY charged to our account because we have automatic payment. He repeats the same thing, up to 72 hours to get the cell back. We ask for a Manager. We get Sam B. He listens and says that we opted out just after we made a payment. We tell him over and over that we did opt out, ever, and we did not make a manual payment, that it was automatic, proving we did not opt out. He tells us that we MUST have opted out because no one at T-mobile could opt out. Okay, we believe him but still, there remains the fact that we also did not opt out.

So what happened? We don’t know and T-mobile isn’t interested in finding out, they just want to believe, somehow, we did opt out but aren’t telling the truth about it. He claims that the automatic charge and payment on the credit card isn’t proof we didn’t opt out. We must have used a refill card to make a payment. We didn’t, we never had a refill card, didn’t know they existed and the payment came from a credit card. We go around and around with Sam, maybe for 40 minutes? No apology, no acceptance of responsibility by T-mobile, no recourse offered. During all this he tells us that several times that T-mobile is undergoing an “unplanned service enhancement.” What the heck does that mean? More importantly, what does it have to do with our situation? Sam B. doesn’t say, he just repeats it like it is information that should clear everything up for us.

He also frequently says that we are not the only people calling today. That lots of people are having trouble and calling. Not as a way of explanation that pertains to anything or within context. Except as a way of inferring we were being inconsiderate, like we were taking up time that other people might need. He kept repeating this, as if being told we aren’t alone meant we shouldn’t be so difficult, like T-mobile was an Emergency Room and lots of people were in pain and we shouldn’t complain since lots of people were experiencing problems due to the “unplanned service enhancement” that their engineers were working on. I asked Sam B. him how T-mobile was going to make this up to us, that my Mom wouldn’t have service for up to 72 hours? Would there be a pro-rated credit? Would they change her start date. "No," he said, "no credit will be issued". So, she is paying for a cell phone service she isn’t getting? That is fraud I think.

He even said that our issue has been noted but when I ask him what his notes say, he tells me his notes will say that he explained the situation to us. They should have just said the truth. What would be so hard about saying something like; “We’re experiencing technical difficulties, we’re working on it, we hope to have everything sorted out soon and we regret any inconvenience this situation might be causing you. If your service was interrupted due to any issues on our end, we will be prorating your bill.” Not try to disguise the issue and blame us for their issues or make us take responsibility for their issues. Just because T-mobile’s system is crashing isn’t our problem. I owe nothing to T-mobile. But T-mobile owes my Mother and I a lot. They promised my Mom cell service. Cell service she paid for. They did not tell us what was going on or even that they didn't know what the issue was. They didn't say they would investigate our issues.

They did not apologize for making mistakes or admit to any mistakes. Instead they told us they were undergoing a “unplanned service enhancement”. This sounds like a way to make their problems sound like a good thing. But it is obfuscation, pure and simple. A way to excuse themselves. A way to not take responsibility but also a way to make customers have to deal with issues that aren’t their problem. We get the run around while I’m told I’m rude, my Mom is told her credit card or bank has no funds, we told (accused) of opting out when we didn’t. We didn’t deserve the run around, the difficulty, stress and wasted time. I didn't deserve to be treated badly by Yarron. Everyone needs serious customer service training

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

T-Mobile Company Information