3.46/5
Based on 2,855 ratings submitted in the last year

T-Mobile Reviews

5310 T-Mobile Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Walked in with an unlocked phone purchased elsewhere, requiring setup and transfer of data, etc, etc, etc. Jose was absolutely unbelievably helpful. And the entire staff was equally friendly and accommodating. In fact this is the best we have ever been treated in any phone provider store including T-Mobile. Really. I will always drive the extra miles for this kind of service. Left with a new working phone, and info on what and how to proceed for the future. Fabulous!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

At 76 years old, I am a confused person in this electronic world, so their personal approach in the salesroom was relaxing and interesting. Nice discounts and great phone. Insurance is cheap, and they gave me a case, which is good, I never buy them. What amazed me was that my call to customer service was instantly answered, and not just one time, many calls were magically answered right away. It turns out they are in Colorado Springs. I imagine just waiting for me to call lol. I think they are the next platform in the low price market, and the higher priced products will have to move up to them. This is the first time I have written a review that was not a complaint, but I do think they have achieved an ethical model at a fair price... Old school!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I recently switched my phone service from Verizon to T-Mobile at Rochestet Hills, MI 48309 Store location. The gentleman Evan ** greeted us and within few minutes started the process after inputing necessary information. It took around 30 minutes to get all my lines switched and before I left the store all my numbers were actually ported and functional. I was thinking it would take couple hours to Port the numbers but it was just minutes.

Evan was professional and knowledgeable and also quite patient with me and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. And it has been two weeks now and have no problems with service. Everything is working as expected and I get the signal everywhere I have been to date and data download is quite fast better than I expected. T-Mobile has made quite a lot of changes and upgraded their Network. Great job T-Mobile and of course Evan **.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Every time I've talked to a T-Mobile team member, I have had the absolute best customer service. People are friendly, local, and genuinely seem to care. On top of that, I haven't had to deal with a bunch of high pressure upselling and I've gotten calls from them just checking to make sure my service was working okay. People are more than willing to give you their business card and send you a text with a code so that they can be held personally accountable for the information they've given you, which I think is fantastic.

My biggest complaint with previous companies was one person giving me some wishy washy explanation and then the next person I talked to had a completely contradictory answer and then the bill would reflect something that didn't match either. The bills and plans and payment options to make payments directly on your device are much simpler than other companies I've experienced, and I really do feel like most team members know what the heck they're talking about. Things are easy and simple to do both on the website or via phone call. Plus, they have cool promos and they're affordable. I feel like the company is doing the right things and they've definitely earned my business.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I have not had many issues with my T-Mobile service except for a few charges that should not have been showing up on my bill repeatedly. I complained about charges appearing on my bill, albeit I should have caught earlier, but T-Mobile only credit back 3 mos. even though it was their mistake. This happened 2X for the exact same issue and trusting CS agent to follow through just doesn’t work, so now I escalate issues that arise immediately.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: June 22, 2019

I have been with T-Mobile for 6 years. A few times over the years T-Mobile deactivated my account because of a billing error on their part. I have auto-pay and T-Mobile has my information so they can deduct the monthly service fee. My checking account has never been low on funds, so if there are errors in deducting the monthly amount, it is not My problem, it is T-Mobile’s inability to connect. But instead of working on the problem, T-Mobile simply cuts off my service and turns off auto-pay to try next month. Therefore, I’m without service for a month. No communication! When I figure that out, I contact T-Mobile and they are unable to do anything except take my authorization to pay over the phone.

What’s the point in having auto-pay, if it doesn’t work!!! This has happened at least 2 times in the past 3 months! I had to authorize payment again today after speaking with several CS reps and being on hold for a billing supervisor for over an hour. He tried to get an answer about why this is happening, but alas, as with all the other times, no one can answer. No one I contact seems to have the tools they need to answer the question!

Original review: June 20, 2019

Have had T-Mobile for over 15 years and it has gotten so bad I am quitting once my contract is over, I would quit now but I'm stuck. Contract for "One

All In" with jump on demand for 2 lines. Contract was not explained correctly when I signed it. Was supposed to be around $100 with phones, I am paying over $200 a month! I don't even get to keep the phones that I have been paying for over the past 18 months unless I pay additional money (over $400 for 2 phones) at the end of the contract. I have spent MANY HOURS (MORE THAN 6) on the phone with their support because contract was not correct and items were not available and/or delivered. Support did cover my bill for one month, at least showing effort, but it just hasn't been worth the effort, time, and grief on my side.

My daughter has one of the lines and is near Indianapolis IN, and she is constantly dropping calls and having reception problems. She wants to move to different carrier, but we are stuck in this contract, and she can't use her phone unless I pay additional money (over $200) when the contract is finished. I also am required to pay for insurance for the phones, or am required to pay for any damages incurred, even though I don't own the phones. It states all over their website and also under my account, that Netflix is included for free with the One Plus program. I am told it doesn't include me because I have this "Jump on Demand" option. When I login to my account, it says it is included with One Plus, it says I have One Plus, it has this on multiple pages! But again I am told it doesn't apply to me because of Jump on Demand. I don't want this Jump on Demand, but am stuck with no way out.

My hotspot is getting turned off and made unavailable, and my data speed is made slower because I use too much data. This was put in a notification I received. I am supposed to have unlimited data. It says I have thousands of HD minutes to use but it doesn't retain the selection to use it in my profile. Therefore, regardless of how many minutes of it I have, I can't use them. They updated the Visual Voicemail so that you have to use theirs instead of the native application. I received over 20 voicemails and was unaware because their app didn't notify me. The visual voicemail and regular voicemail no longer syncs, and I am not notified when I have a regular message.

I feel like I was conned into this contract so they could get my money. The phones have bad reception, I am not getting the data speed and amounts I am supposed to, and I am stuck without even owning the phones when it's over. T-Mobile sucks. After 14 years, I have had enough and I'm done getting scammed by their offers that are misleading and aren't what they seem to be. False advertising!

Original review: June 18, 2019

T-Mobile sent me the last bill of more than $700, with undue charges of two signal booster and one time charge of disconnection fee that I never requested. I contacted customer services to solve the problem but nobody is listening. I requested to give me the bill detail, but they sent me the total bill amount only without any detail. What T-Mobile will do? They will send the bill to the recovery department and finally will try to spoil the credit score. I request to all T-Mobile customers to careful, and new customers not to try this customers unfriendly company.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Do people really go to Consumer Affairs to leave a positive review? The Billing went from $80 a month to over $200. I finally switched out to Google Fi and my bills and below $30 a month same service same service coverage. I closed the account exactly as described by the consumer support agent at T-Mobile to eliminate any extra charges, but I got hit anyway with a full month of service charge, even though service was switched out. They setup fake new numbers and applied them to my account. It was a disaster trying to eliminate that, which took almost a month, and in-house network booster I forgot, added up to me owing them $250 for the boosted unless I returned it, so here goes another month of trying to get away from T-Mobile.

Finally I think everything is done. I call again and initiate the final bill, and it only started cause I called them on it. Every month for 6 months now I get a final bill with a -214.50. Again I have to chance them around and call last week, saying when is the refund going to be applied to my card, like magic only cause I called them they initiated the refund. Today refund comes in and guess what, even though the girl said they made a mistake in the amount it's really $250 for whatever reason, the amount came in at $174. At this point I don't care. I just didn't want to see another thing from T-Mobile in the mail again.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Bought an iPhone XR a few months ago. Beautiful phone. Issues from the start with internal problems, including audio, service and connections... T-Mobile service reps were kind, doing their jobs, however, because it was an INTERNAL issue with the phone and the only insurance offered which is what was purchased was for COSMETIC issues, I was told the only options I had were to either travel several cities over to an Apple store for support OR submit an $800 deposit and send my iPhone in for Apple to look at. I get that it is likely the contract Apple has with their carriers.... However, I went with T-Mobile because I am a single mom doing it alone, and T-Mobile offered a payment plan.

I didn't have the time or gas to drive several hours away nor did I have the extra cash lying around to get the problem fixed. So with my chosen $70/mo service plan plus insurance and monthly installment fees... I was paying $101 for a phone I could NOT use. I ended up paying off what I was told was my balance only to find out two days later that the balance I paid off to get out of their service plan was NOT accurate and I still owed more money! And the helpful people of T-Mobile just wanted to mock me that they gave me a pay off that was as updated as they have in their system and didn't show what I actually owed. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER AND SO GLAD I SWITCHED!!!! WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!!!!

T-Mobile Company Information