1.95/5

T-Mobile Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

5071 T-Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The last patch from Samsung disabled Bluetooth on my S9+. I just wanted to report the bug. It took 30 minutes to get to the right level and that person could not follow simple instructions. I have 9 phones on my personal plan, you would think they would want to keep me as a customer.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I signed up with T-Mobile and wanted to take advantage of their free Netflix with service promotion. I was told since I already had an account that T-Mobile can take over my subscription and it would be a smooth transition. Fast forward FIVE MONTHS later... I've been paying for my Netflix subscription. T-Mobile said there is a problem with their communication with iTunes and could only credit me $25.00. Their customer service is terrible. Sign up with them if you are prepared to wait months of paying for Netflix before they take over payments. False advertisement - period.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I recently switched my phone service from Verizon to T-Mobile at Rochestet Hills, MI 48309 Store location. The gentleman Evan ** greeted us and within few minutes started the process after inputing necessary information. It took around 30 minutes to get all my lines switched and before I left the store all my numbers were actually ported and functional. I was thinking it would take couple hours to Port the numbers but it was just minutes.

Evan was professional and knowledgeable and also quite patient with me and answered all my questions to my satisfaction. And it has been two weeks now and have no problems with service. Everything is working as expected and I get the signal everywhere I have been to date and data download is quite fast better than I expected. T-Mobile has made quite a lot of changes and upgraded their Network. Great job T-Mobile and of course Evan **.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Extremely poor service and technical skills from their first line agents to their supervisors. Waiting time over the phone... some hours! The worst part is when you finally get someone you have to repeat and repeat and repeat your story because they are unable to solve the problem and they transfer you to someone else. But each are so unprofessional. Unless you want to buy something, they don't care of you. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. Choose another company to spend your money.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Cannot talk to a live person. I waited on hold for 2 hours without anyone answering. If you can do everything on the website you might be okay but if you have to talk to someone, forget about it. Wish I could give then 0 stars. Will look for another carrier now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I am a FORMER T-MOBILE customer. Having recently switched to another carrier to save a lot of money each month, I have been TRYING to obtain my credit for unused service. Trying to get through to an agent (they call themselves SPECIALISTS) but are NOT! I have dealt with snarky people on the phone, and most recently in PERSON at my local T-MOBILE store. Because I was given conflicting information by phone, and by mail, I decided to visit a store to see if someone could find out EXACTLY what has transpired. After telling the agent what my issue was, he looked at me like I was BOTHERING HIM, and wasting his precious time because I wasn't buying a $900.00 phone.

He resisted all of my questions and finally called customer care, but acted like I was a low life fool. His tone, demeanor, and very CONDESCENDING & aloof manners were very RUDE & INSULTING to me. I am a life long retail sales and management professional. If I treated my customers the way he treated me, I would DESERVE to be reprimanded. I will refrain from mentioning the store. However, I CAN say that it was a T-MOBILE store in East Lakeview in Chicago. Based on several NEGATIVE phone experiences, and this in person experience, I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND T-MOBILE. I am relieved to be a former customer. Think twice about it!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

So many months ago — Around June/July... I saw their limited-time “Switch from AT&T to T-Mobile” promotion. So, I decided to switch over my 4 iPhones and 1 other phone. So 5 lines in total. I was promised over $200 for every iPhone line that I switched to them. So I wait. And wait. Today I call them about what their hold up is and get this — whoever signed me up over the phone never made mention of my promotion. So that promotion is over and nor will not be honoring it because it wasn’t even mentioned in the memo of my account. Hahahah. What a scam. Keep in mind, it cost me out of pocket money just to switch during that time period from AT&T. My goodness. I feel so scammed right now. All because some low paid customer service rep was too lazy to write down the promo when my account was first opened. T-Mobile is such absolute garbage.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

T-Mobile refused to unlock my phone saying they sent an email to the manufacturer Samsung for the unlock code, I spoke with Samsung on the phone, they said they are not the ones to unlock a phone, I repeatedly called T-Mobile and they kept telling me the same lie, even the team from Twitter, Mr. Legere team, they finally confirmed there was no such correspondence of email to Samsung, but that they have a special team that has communication with Samsung who will be getting the unlock. They have lied and done nothing to unlock my phone.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

This is a telecommunications company that has truly lost its vision. Currently T-Mobile provides an average wait time of 15 minutes before one can reach an agent, a 30 minute hold time, and a language barrier that is obviously originating from an outsourced foreign contractor. Extremely poor product, service and technical skills from their first line agents to their supervisors. As a corporate executive, I have yet to speak with even a middle manager. This company cannot handle its merger, volume and customers. And its senior leaders and management don't care. If you are a smart consumer you would do well to spend your money elsewhere. After 15 years of service with this company, the service is appalling, and I'm redirecting my dollars elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I came over to T-Mobile in March 2018. I went to their store on June 1st to take advantage of the Buy One Get One on the Galaxy S9s. Now initially I had bought the phones with the T-Mobile telesales department but when I called days later to check where the order was I was told it was a system error and it got stuck and never shipped. No one called me, but my money was pulled from my account for more than $900 (because even though the other phone is free you still have to put the deposit down but you get it back). So they canceled the stuck order and told me I could go in the store and pick it up same day and they would waive activation fees. I activated a new line and upgraded the other to get the promo. When I tried to test out the new line it didn't work. I was told it would be active in a couple of days, the line was listed on the contract but was put in reserve.

Long story short after at least 50-60 calls to customer service they finally activated the line in 2 months later in August. I was told the adjustment would be made so that the added line's phone would be free. It is now November and the other phone was never credited. T-Mobile is now saying they can't do anything for me because of the timeframe. I called them weekly to correct the issue. This entire situation is beyond me and once the lines are paid for I'm just going back to my previous carrier. It's not worth saving money monthly to get taken advantage on other things. Verizon may be high but honestly I was never had an issue like this and customer service was always on point. I wish there was an option to leave no stars but 1 will have to do.

T-Mobile Company Information