T-Mobile Reviews

T-Mobile
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.73/5

T-Mobile Reviews

Original review: May 22, 2020

I recently upgraded my phone at T-Mobie to Samsung galaxy S20. Some days passed and I noticed the sun on my phone and it led me to gently rub my finger on the screen and I felt a superficial scratch. I thought that it was just a reflection but I could feel it but not see it. I called T-Mobile to find out what to do. I was initially advised to contact Samsung to get a replacement since it was a brand new $1000 phone!

Samsung could not have cared less! They first told me to go to some repair place (UbreakIfix). They told me they would not be able to get me in for about 2 weeks. I called Samsung back to share information. I was told the best they could do is for me to mail in my phone and I would get it back in 2-4 weeks. What is that?? That is your best?? I called T-Mobile back for advice and spoke to a lovely person named Carmela out of St Louis office. She and her supervisor helped me very graciously and I will be receiving a new phone by mail with return slip to return my defective phone. So thank you a million times to Carmela and T-Mobie for doing Samsung's job and providing OUTSTANDING service! Shame on you, Samsung!

Original review: March 31, 2020

I've been with T-Mobile for 4 years now and must say with their 24 months plans to pay off a cellphone or having the option to pay it in full right then and there. To just only having to pay for the services and activation fee and yeah cannot forget their cool accessories that you can also buy upfront as well by paying in full or paying the taxes in store and paying small monthly payments also for 24 months. Just shows that Tmobile is a reasonable carrier to be with at the moment. I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, when Sprint merges with tmobile as the prices will change and perhaps increase indefinitely. If that does happen, I will no longer be part of Tmobile and probably would have to improvise on another reasonable carrier or better yet go to Boost Mobile that I have never even been with since they came out. But after this COVID-19 pandemic we shall see.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I like Tmobile because it has affordable services to call abroad, also when I am in Mexico I can call and browse as if I were in the US. The basic service with unlimited phone and good GB per month is about 45 plus 10 dollars for the international fee. I don’t like that their customer service sucks. Every time I call I have to wait a lot to talk to a human and I am never sure if I ever speak to one. They try to sell me products with unclear information and telling me that now they are offering new and FREE updates for clients with my type of contract. Once I bought it and ended up with double the amount in my monthly bill.

I had to fight for endless hours to go back to my cheap contract. They are unhelpful and make any change almost impossible so you give up and stay with the expensive bill. I find this very unloyal, abusive and unfair. I tried to seek clarification in one of their stores but nobody knows and the staff make you call in the store. The wait is also very long when one calls from the store. I’m happy with them as long as I don’t have to deal with their inhuman treatment.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I have been with all four major carriers and have never loved my Cellular company until now! I've been with them 3 1/2 years. Not everything has been perfect, I've had some issues here and there. But that has to do with a few sales reps and not the company itself. NOT ONE SINGLE company can say that 100% of their employees are stellar! It would be impossible not to have a few bad seeds squeak through. All in all it has been a great experience.

I had bad credit and after making 12 months of on time payments they financed me a Galaxy S9 no credit check and no money down! No other company cellular or other would give me such a chance to rebuild my credit! Customer Service has been pretty great! Never on hold more than 1-3 minutes, and they almost always can address my needs! I've only been overbilled a few times which they quickly credited me for. I have a signal much better than Verizon's! I had service still camping on Mt. Shasta and even driving through Death Valley! I couldn't believe it! I highly recommend them over any other company! You can't beat their plans, signal strength or customer service!

Original review: July 22, 2019

T-Mobile, from Customer Service, to Technical Support, to Billing, to Supervisors, and Management, Thank you! To current customers and non-customers please take note as T-Mobile is where you want to stay or be in the years to come. They have amazing things coming around the corner and you will want to be a part of it. I know this because they listen to their customers and respond appropriately exceeding my expectations. My experience the last six years from both a personal and business account perspective has been most incredible, most uplifting, and most desirable a consumer could experience. When I switched carriers from Verizon to T-Mobile I was looking for an economical and quality carrier. I not only found that, but much more that exceeded any customer experience in my many decades on planet earth.

I have had some great company experiences in my lifetime and personally I have delivered top-notch Customer Service and Technical Support as well. In Aerospace I received letters of accommodation and recommendation from Japan Airlines and the Boeing Company including a Memorial from JAL. I know customer service and technical support. T-Mobile, hands down the number one company experience in my lifetime. It started six years ago when I was located in an area that had no service by any carrier. T-Mobile found a way to get me at least 2G to my phone. I did not know 2G still existed. No carrier could penetrate this structure, but T-Mobile did. They used engineering and finagled phones until they found the right combination. They never gave up to fulfill my service in a desperate situation. Two years later I switched over to a business account.

Again, out of nowhere they made my experience 100% better by assigning me a team! A team of people available to me 24/7 all seven days a week. This team knows me better than any company has in the past. They are at the meat of my business keeping my operation alive and well. T-Mobile has never wavered. I believe in their customer centric mentality throughout the company. They look at your circumstances and make decisions based on your needs and situation before their own. Their genuine concern and expertise in resolving technical issues is exemplary and unparalleled in the cell phone industry. They have helped me immensely in overcoming a changing economic landscape and every day challenges life can throw at you like theft and technical issues.

At the end of the day their actions are what separates them from any other organization. T-Mobile is behind me, in front of me, and they will be, by my side as long as I buy cell phones. One of the most impressive moments recently was when they got LG on the phone with me. The actual manufacturer. I needed backup completed beyond three phones, to help me with recovery. That was a first as they wanted me to be assured they have no limits to deliver exactly what you ask for. I want to acknowledge my team at T-Mobile with this endorsement. Thank you very much Team!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: May 29, 2020

T-Mobile customer service is terrible, I placed an order for an iPhone 11 & case, took about 30+ mins., phone to be overnighted. Phone did not show up, bank account charged. I am on my second day of being on hold for over an hour, the people working at T-Mobile have no clue what they are doing! Had to laugh, the one guy trying to help me told me I was cutting out, yes I was using T-Mobile phone and T-Mobile service,

Original review: May 26, 2020

We ordered 2 T-Mobile phones in December that we were going to give our children for Christmas. As I looked around, I found Verizon had a better deal, so I called T-Mobile and gave them the opportunity to match the Verizon deal. They would not, so I requested the return information, and sent the phones back to T-Mobile using their label. I ended service with T-Mobile and switched to Verizon. In March I began receiving emails that I owed $1513.99. I have called them at least 7 times. During the first 5 calls I was told the box was on the dock (it apparently sat there for 3 months). The only reason I got that far is because I kept the shipping receipt. During the next 2 calls they told me the phones were missing. They have the IMEI number. They can locate the phones is they are turned on. They can shut down the phones if they are turned on. THIS COMPANY LIES.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I have been with T-Mobile for many years. I went to upgrade one of my iPhone 8 to (11 Pro - it cost $999.99). This transaction occurred at 4143 Baldwin, Auburn Hills, MI 48326. Somehow wife does not like the phone because it has too much yellow color when taking photo and even you look at someone else photos in Facebook and many other webs. I was gonna exchanged it to a S20 Samsung and the lady said the stocking fee will be $50. So that made me felt like getting ripped off. I end up stopped buying the S20. I don't know what T-Mobile is thinking about their stocking fee, to me that is too much, I can see 15-20 dollars but not $50. For now on I will not buy any phone from T-Mobile due to their stocking fee. I will buy them directly from either Samsung or Apple.

Original review: May 22, 2020

The Tmobile store on 1498 Union Ave. Memphis TN 38104 has the worst customer service I have experienced in years. Went into the store last week to purchase the new Iphone and the salesman wondered out of the back room 5 minutes after I started shopping only to snap at me that they were not going to open for another 5 minutes. So being that I did NOT appreciate his attitude I went home and ordered the phone through Amazon. A few days later I go back to the same store to activate my new Iphone, only to be greeted by a Tmobile lady sitting in the front of the store arrogantly barking at me that I need to wear a mask. I stated that I chose not to wear one and her partner jumped up also arrogantly saying then you can't come in the store. This is shameful customer service and it seems like all the employees at this store have a remarkably horrible attitude. I will never return to this store again.

Original review: May 21, 2020

In November of 2019, my wife and I were in the market for new phones. A T-Mobile Sales Rep offered us two free phones, if we switched service plans. We told him we were paying Boost $110 per month for three lines, but were planning to drop our son from the account in a couple of months. After doing some research, he said he could beat that price at $105 per month. The only thing we had to do to secure that discounted amount is sign-up for automatic payment. So, we purchased the phone service in November, and then signed up for automatic payment in early December, as well as dropped our son from the plan. This dropped our bill to $84 for the month of December. Great! Everything was going as expected. However, in January, we no longer received the discounted pricing, raising our monthly cost to $98 for two lines.

In addition, in late January, for some unexplained reason, we were dropped from auto-pay. So, our February bill jumped to $108. We re-established the auto-pay and the bill, subsequently, returned to $98 per month. I spoke with CS Rep., Mark, at length on April 22nd in an effort to reset my bill to an amount in alignment with what the Sales Rep sold us - approximately $84 per month for 2 lines. I spoke with the CSR at length. He spoke with his supervisor that gave him approval to make all of the necessary adjustments. He said everything will be adjusted 1 week following the May bill of $98. Well, 10 days prior to the May bill due date, I called T-Mobile just to make sure we're all on the same page. Well... CSR Mark never documented anything from our conversation and when questioned by another CSR, he denied everything.

To make a long story shorter, I spoke with multiple reps over the next three days, including Supervisor Jose and Manager Matthew - all from the El Paso. TX Customer Service Center. I discovered that the service plan I was placed on cost $108 for 2 lines, minus the auto-pay discount of $10, bringing us to $98 per month (taxes and fees included).

The $105 for 3 lines was a special only good for one month - which is exactly what happened to us - we were just never told. We were made to believe it was their standard rates. So, the Supervisor Jose informed me there was no other option for us, except to pay more for a different plan and if we decided to go to another service provider, we would have to pay the remaining cost of both phones. Wait a minute! What remaining cost? I thought they were free for switching service providers. Wrong again! I found out there is an $8.34 charge for each phone per month that they credit us for... unless we choose to leave T-Mobile. If then, we would have to pay the remaining balance of the phones - ultimately several hundred dollars.

Supervisor Jose was kind enough to say he will follow-up with complaints to the supervisors for CSR Mark for lying and to the Store Manager of the Sales Rep. I have no way of confirming that actually happened. I continued to escalate my issue to Manager Matthew. His attitude was very careless and left me with the mindset that anything that can be done has been - which was absolutely nothing at all. I called back the next day and asked to speak to whomever Manager Matthew reports to.

About an hour later, Matthew called again and he seemed a little upset that I was calling again and attempting to go over his head. I told him that in my world, when a company's representatives make grave errors, the company takes the hit for those errors - not the customer. In this case, it's the opposite. I, also, told him I was unwilling to accept that there was nothing T-Mobile can do about two of their reps lying to their customer. So, instead of offering solutions, he began questioning me, in a not-so-nice manner: "Well, what do you want? What is it going to take? Give me an amount?" - as if I was wasting his time. So, I told him that though T-Mobile does not have a suitable plan in the price range I sold on, T-Mobile could make an adjustment that accounts for what the Sales Rep sold us.

I find it sad that after all the people I spoke to over the previous three days, let alone the 10 other times I called before than - the customer had to come up with a reasonable solution to satisfy the customer. Manager Matthew agreed to the solution and hung up the phone. He never once apologized for the behavior of the T-Mobile Sales Rep or CS Rep. I believe the El Paso, TX Customer Service Center is flawed in their approach due to bad leadership.

T-Mobile Company Information