2.09/5

T-Mobile Reviews

5013 T-Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

If you bought a device from T-Mobile, make sure you unlock it as soon as it is eligible. Otherwise, you will have to get all the frustration coming from the unlock process. When I requested to unlock my iPhones, the process was so easy. I accidentally mentioned the reason I wanted to unlock because I want to change my carrier. It is probably the reason leading to all the problems. Within 12 hrs, I received an email with unlock reference and unlock instructions (just plug in non-T-Mobile sim card and that's it). I thought T-Mobile was so nice, but it's not. The unlock didn't work. I called back and forth like 10 times. They push responsibility to Apple, but Apple insist that they do nothing with lock/unlocking devices. It must be done from the carrier.

After the last call, there is a lady called me back and convinced me to go to T-Mobile store for physical assistance. I already insisted that it's not necessary. But she insisted that she would be on the phone, and both representatives would be able to fix the issue within the day. She told me to call her back or she would call me back in 30 mins. An hour later, I didn't receive her call back, and I'm not able to reach her. The current representative could identify who called me earlier but refused connecting me to her. And then this representative started a new request. It is like starting everything over again while this has been done a week ago. So I insisted to talk to the previous representative, and then she told me that the previous lady asked me to go to Apple store, not T-Mobile store.

I was like wtf??? She fooled me to waste more time, because I was an annoying customer? In 10 calls I made, they all mentioned that I should have my phone unlocked by 24 hrs. Probably they had to say that because of the law. But seems that they want to keep me for another billing period or as long as possible. I'm going to report them right now.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

The broken English staff is borderline incompetent and confusing at best. The staff does not know the products nor do they know how to correct the problems. If you like spending hours on end to correct a situation you should definitely sign up with T-Mobile. Be prepared to get jerked around and have money sucked out of your wallet, because that's what they do best. I would rather slam my ** into a sliding glass door than have to talk to one of the representatives again.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I am from India. For 3-4 months I am using T-Mobile. But in the last billing cycle, I have paid $648.80. Upon investigating such an unexpected bill we found out that some days back they have stopped my international calling feature without texting or informing me. We called customer care regarding it, but they told us, "You have urged for it." As we asked for the audio transcript of our conversation but they have denied. I have never ever seen such a bad service in my life.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

We were T-Mobile's customers for 14 years! That's right. 14 years. We weren't under any contract, nor were we satisfied with their customer service, we were just too busy to switch. In June of this year, we moved to Europe. We weren't under any kind of contract with T-Mobile, but we notified them a month in advance that we are leaving the country. They said, "No problem, we have to bill you in advance, because of our billing cycle, but then we will refund you."

Instead of them refunding us for a month, they made up a debt of 2.5 times our monthly bill and sent it to collections. My husband even talked to them twice on the phone, and both times they promised a refund, but instead they sent this made-up sum to collections, potentially damaging our credit and wasting our time, not to mention that they still owe us money. They charged us for a month we cancelled and were in Europe not using their services. We will definitely be using another provider when we move back to the States.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

As of this second, I have been on hold waiting for someone from T-Mobile's customer department to pick up for 2 hours and 57 minutes. I simply want to change my rate plan and pay my bill. The first time I called, I was put on hold for about 2 hours and 15 minutes and the phone disconnected. I called back and requested a manager because I did not want to be on hold for another 2 hours and I was again put on hold and now it has been 3 hours. Last month I called and selected the option to be called back in 2 hours and 45 minutes only to receive a call back and be put back on hold for another HOUR! I only want to switch my plan back.

T-Mobile is the WORST!! I am definitely switching service providers at the end of the week. GOOD RIDDANCE T-MOBILE. THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE THAT I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED! Also, the reps are not able to understand you or convey what they are saying clearly because most times they don't speak ENGLISH!!! Awful awful awful!!! I wish I could T-Mobile a 0 for customer service because that is what they deserve. I am going to tell everyone about my horrible experiences with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

T-Mobile intentionally blocks incoming call if using non-T-Mobile: Based on conversation with T-Mobile store clerk, T-Mobile intentionally send incoming calls to voicemail so that you can't receive calls. My experience has been it is indeed the case. A class action lawsuit should be file against T-Mobile.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I called T-Mobile customer service department to inquire about switching providers to them. I went through the whole process and told the person what phones I wanted, so she went through quickly on the prices and I was very confused and every time I had a question she would put me on hold and then come back to continue the process without answering my question. Then finally at the end with none of my questions answered she told me she would send me emails that would answer everything in detail and when I saw the emails they had no information. They were just my order confirmations. Then when I got home from work I called again to find out the specifics about my order. I found out my order was all wrong. The phones she ordered for me were not the ones I asked for and if I wanted the other phones I would have to pay more money.

At that point I asked to speak to a manager and when he got on the line he said all he could do was apologize and that they are working on making sure this doesn't continue to happen but that this was an issue for them. The customer representatives push orders through just to meet quota and they do not tell you the truth on the phone just to get you to agree but when you receive your order it's wrong and when your bill comes it is nothing like they say. It's always more. So be careful if you are going to purchase anything from T-Mobile...

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Website would not allow a payment made (again) unless automatic enrollment. I didn't want automatic payments so called them (worst support EVER). They charged my card and thought I was paid up, 3 days later another charge on my account. Called them again (worst support EVER). They said they would refund the charge, next day another charge on my account. Called today (worst support EVER), demanded to speak with supervisor (same broken English - doesn't understand a single thing). Now my checking account in the last week has been charged almost $300 for a $77 a month bill. I'm certain that by Monday, another charge will be on my account and soon my checking account will be $0. I wouldn't recommend this service to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

On 9/4/18 I called T-Mobile regarding a deal posted on their website for the iPhone 6S for $99 for present customers. However, upon speaking with 2 representatives one of which was in the "Customer Satisfaction Department", I was still left as an unsatisfied customer, and told that the promotion had expired and that the web department needed to remove the ad. However, the representative originally indicated that since the deal was still posted on the website with no expiration date notated, they would need to honor it.

However, by the end of the call I was told that since they don't have any phones presently in stock they could not give me the deal. I pointed out that the ad gave the option to find the phones at the "nearest store" as well, however, the representative was unwilling to contact them on my behalf in order to get the deal processed. I was instead offered a higher family plan as well as a more expensive option iPhone to purchase. Misleading customers with the bait and switch game is beyond dishonest and deserves to be reported which is why I am doing so, since T-Mobile obviously does not value my longtime business with them enough to honor their word, ads or promotions.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

T-Mobile is a scam. We ordered phones - took like 7 hours because the first person taking the order couldn't figure out how to put an order in. Paid for phones. Pretended to ship and they recalled them.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Had T-Mobile for a long time because I trusted them, until recently when the phone started to drop calls and text messages wouldn't send, didn't think much about it. Took it to local store, they too didn't know what caused it, so I finally upgrade a Galaxy S6 to a S9 Plus with a exchange of the S6 and I would get a $250 rebate on my next bill. At this time I also upgraded from a 2gig data to a 6gig for another $10/month.

When my bill statements arrived, I looked thru it meticulously, viewing every details and flaws when I noticed my $250 on S6 wasn't credit as promised, and my $35/month payment on the new phone was charged a extra $5/month for taxes so does the $5 for the extra data I also upgraded. They told me they were sorry for not credited the old phone, but it will be credited next month. Next month came. Still nothing happened, I told them I'm tired of the games and all the extra fees they were charging. I finally switch to ATT and all the problems went away, I did pay $20 extra but I got unlimited everything. It's really worth switching. I'm so pleased with ATT.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I would give a 0/5 if I could. All I ask for is how to assess old bills which are older than 18 months online, so that I can print them right away at home without having to pay any additional charge. Since T-Mobile charges $5/each ground bills. The staff and supervisor Mark (#**) from Oklahoma Center offer no help at all, but create more mess for my current situation. Even though they still speak in nice manner, they want to remove my name from the bills, which affects my current paperwork and is extremely UNNECESSARY. It turns out that it is because T-Mobile forgot to scan my SSN 2-3 years ago when adding my name in the account. But it is T-Mobile staff's fault, why I need to suffer from that. I hope T-Mobile higher-ups can offer a better solution and represent the brand better. Other phone lines don't make it that much difficult to assess just some old bills and don't create extra crazy mess. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I have been on hold a total of 11 hours with 21 transfers and zero customer service. The most recent I was on the phone for 3.5 hours and then it disconnected. The last person swore she would not put me on hold again then she did. I never received a phone number after paying $10 for my SIM card. They tell me it is on reserve status. Three times they put in a work ticket and I never heard back from them. It is amazing this company still exists with this amount of lousy customer service. Really, really poor service.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

T-Mobile is the absolute worst! I've only had my service for one day and this experience is awful! I go to purchase my phone, the guy Theordore who works at the Carolina Pavillion location did not set up my sim card, so I couldn't make calls. He also entered my pin wrong so I had to deal with that, and not to mention I was on hold for almost 3 hours trying to get a representative only to be told my pin number was incorrect! I'm over this damn company. Do not use T-Mobile! I will be going back to boost!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

21 hours in the store before we had working phones... Because the phones that we brought over were perfectly fine until the service switched and we had to spend $1,600 on 2 new phones if we wanted to talk on them... the data worked fine... (Sarcasm) Then, we walked out of the store and had "NO Service". Not one bar. Back into the store they explained that there was poor service in that area. Now, we can't make calls from our home or receive calls over wifi or through the cell network. I get voicemails after the phone never ringing or any notification of an incoming call. 1 out of 5 calls go through. 1 out of 3 - 5 text go through and I'm 5 feet from a working router and internet service!

Cell coverage is terrible. I travel throughout the day and have to wait to get to my office and call everybody back from a landline to complete the calls. In metro communities, I can't complete a call and it is frustrating for me and my clients! I'm losing business because of the terrible coverage and as soon as I can pay off these phones. I'm going to??? I was with Bell Atlantic and then Verizon for over 20 years. Never had these types of problems. Unfortunately, the $1,600 phones won't work on the Verizon network. But GOODBYE T-Mobile. That's for sure!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I have had a terrible experience with the business reps and then customer service. If you have a business account with T- Mobile you are given a rep who will call and/or send emails with "special offers" of "free" products with either a low or no data fee (eg tablets.). I have even been told when I said I wouldn't use it "why not get it anyway; you can give it away as a gift". I fell for this and for the emails that have FREE IN BOLD TYPE. I even asked specifically if this would cost anything and was assured it would not.

Now fast forward a year - I find that I am being charged monthly for the device and for service. I contacted the new rep (they turn over regularly) who was going to look into it and never got mad. The next time I was contacted by still another new rep I explained the problem. This one directed me to customer service. I finally, after a lengthy conversation got her to agree to refund the data fees but not the cost of the tablets. She also claimed she couldn't even find one of the offers. A subsequent call to the new rep was never returned. In June I called and canceled my service. I now find they only canceled the phone line but continued to charge data usage for the tablets! A friendly customer service rep arranged to refund the past month but not the previous month. I freely admit that I was not scrupulous in monitoring bills so I didn't catch these errors in a timely way. I claim naiveté and trust that businesses charge what they claim. Stay away from them!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

On Friday, August 24, 2018 I decided to get T-Mobile service for the wireless phone so I called their customer service. He told me that my sim cards will be mailed to me since I did not want to wait. I ask him if I can go to the T-Mobile store and get sim cards. He told me that they will charge me $25 for sim cards and activation fee so it’s not good idea unless I wanna pay activation fee so I agreed to wait and get my sim card in the mail. When I received my sim cards I called again customer service. They told me that my account is a fraud. Now I don’t know.

How long it’s gonna take for them to resolve this problem. I fax them social card and driver license. It’s not a good feeling. When I stop by T-Mobile store and ask them about what is activation fee and sim card fee they said there is no sim card fee only $25 activation fee so he lied to me. Don’t call customer service to get service. As I read many people complain about how poor their tech-support it’s another warning I don’t think I should fax them my social security number and my driver's license. I don’t think anybody should do this!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have tried 3 times, totally 3 hours, to get T-Mobile technical support to unlock my phone. During the 3rd call which took 1 hour, the manager finally admitted that T-Mobile records mistakenly listed my iPhone's IMEI # as a Verizon phone. The manager put in a ticket to "another dept" for this AND MY PHONE IS STILL LOCKED, despite the fact my phone is paid for and I have belonged to T-Mobile almost 18 months. Horrible and incompetent customer care. I must have my phone unlocked because I am moving out of the US, and this company - who locked the phone by the way - can't figure out how to do it quickly and properly. I have spent at least 3 hours and 3 phone calls AND MY PHONE IS STILL LOCKED.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Three weeks of dealing with literally dozens of reps, supervisors, and supervisors of supervisors failed to solve even simple problems. Every one gave different info, said the previously suggested fixes were impossible, and NEVER called back when they made appointments to call. Policies are bizarre -- e.g., different account passwords for online account and calling in, all of which mysteriously disappear every time they are reset and without which no one can even speak to you. Reps say go to a store and store reps say call customer service and tech support. No one solves the problems.

They sent a replacement phone that become too hot to hold when trying to transfer data. Took up the entire 2 wk return period with appointments to call me back that never happened and day after day on hold on the phone, starting over and over with new people who had no history of the case and couldn't solve any problems. Not the first Kafkaesque experience with T-Mobile. Is this a COMMUNICATIONS company?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I will save the details of many phone calls to the support that lasted on average 1+ hour and did not help at all. I have an account in good standing, paid money, used my phone and then found that people cannot reach me. For 5 days I can make calls but cannot receive and have no data, the support answers like that: You do not have an account (!??!!); Your account encountered an unusual error, we submitted a ticket, it will be resolved in 24 hours (that passed long time ago); Just getting disconnected after an hour. I have never encountered worst customer service before. I will do my best to stay away.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I've been a T-mobile customer for several years now and I am having a worst experience so far. My office is in the middle of the city and INSIDE their network area and it doesn't give me a single network signal. I'm going to lose these guys now.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I signed up with T-Mobile 2 weeks ago. Found out someone was using my social security # on an account already. Was told it would be looked into but they could not give me a phone number to the fraud department. Made many calls but never got a callback. Finally, I'm told I have to fax my soc sec # to the fraud department so to this point nothing has been done.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

When I switched to T-Mobile 2 months ago I was so impressed with everyone. Today that changed. Initially was told I’d get a $50 referral for signing up my son. Was told since I didn’t register him too bad.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

On 4/7 I was offered buy you out of your contract, 4 lines at #140, Netflix, & buy one Samsung Galaxy S9 get the second one free. I was sent the wrong phone & billed for both. After an apology, receiving the right phone & returning the wrong one, I was billed for 3 phones. I spent 3 months arguing & was then told I couldn't have the rebate & buy one get one free. I settled for the buy one get one free but it's 2 months later & I'm still being billed for 2 phones. The 4 lines for $140 was also denied, I was advised the sale ended 3/31 & the sales rep was wrong. T-Mobile refused to honor the deal or to even look into it. A rep even said the sales dept will do anything for a sale, but won't honor the quoted price even though it was their error.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I signed up with T-Mobile because of these 5 star reviews which now I do not believe are legitimate AT ALL!! It took me nearly a year to finally drop T-Mobile. Anytime you call, it's an automated system and there is always a problem with talking to a person that can solve any problem. The people are ALWAYS in India and try to hide their thick accents. I finally was able to switch to my present phone service and now two months later... I get a letter saying I have a 4 cents credit. But, at the bottom it says I have a 4 cents PAST DUE bill!!! I call and call and as usual it's a part time job for anyone to talk to me and of course it's an Indian dude who can't help me because my acct is closed and my code doesnt work. TWO MONTHS LATER AND I'M STILL TAKING TIME FROM WORK TO DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE!! I now have Verizon and I will NEVER go back. NOT EVEN THEY OFFERED TO PAY ME FOR USING MY PHONE!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

On my 3rd visit to finally start the process of leaving ATT I was confronted with previously undisclosed details which caused me to keep my ATT account with 3 cell phones. The manager claimed I had been told that one could only choose one special when in fact his salesman offered the pricing detail with the special on the phone. Had they agreed I would have saved $45 a month versus my ATT using the fact that I was a military veteran. Good deal gone sour, the $45 savings gave me new phone when I did not need them so really there was no savings. Just a slide of hand.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

T-Mobile great deal till phones wouldn’t work. Customer service. Wow, answered phone right away, the 3 days I called. Only one I could really hear and understand and I’m not hard of hearing. Phones were fixed till you hung up. No stores within 100 miles. Went to store. Treated rudely. Same thing. Quit working. Doesn’t matter how fast they answer phone if they can’t fix the problem. Doesn’t matter how cheap the plan if you have 2 phones that don’t work. Funny both phones worked fine for a few weeks. This was not just a dead spot but everywhere. Offered to drive 100 miles for different phones, ha. Decided to drive 20 miles to different cell phone company. Summary - Cheap plans. Customer service stinks. No stores in most areas.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Don't ever do business with T-Mobile! I have had a business account with them. I had to switch to Verizon because T-Mobile doesn't have service in my area. So, I was disconnected from T-Mobile yesterday. Now they say it will take 72 hours to unlock my phones. So in the meantime, I have no phone service for my business! This is a BUSINESS account!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I bought a K20 that I loved. Unfortunately broke the screen. Requested a new phone. It was not working properly so I went into the store and they talked me into an upgrade. K30. First day I had the upgrade the phone did not work properly. Did not take my fingerprint properly. Made phone calls when it wanted to. I will be leaving this company because I was treated poorly because their device wasn't working properly. They gave me the run-around. Told me, "Let's put you in a new device." I don't want any new device. I want the device that I have to work. I am paying way too much money for my phone not to work.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I am being charged 4.33$ by T-Mobile's auto pay system and I don't even have T-Mobile service. I use AT&T. I tried calling customer support and the representative says he can't do anything about it. I get routed to a supervisor and she says she can file an incident report, but when I ask about getting reimbursed for the auto pay charge, the connection 'suddenly' disconnects. The supervisor explicitly asked for a callback number but I haven't received a call back after the phone call disconnected. Very horrible service from a company that I don't even use. Ironically, on the same day T-Mobile announced their "team of experts that will handle your issue from front to end."

T-Mobile Company Information