1.81/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

4573 T-Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I have the bad experiences with T-Mobile. They have worse customer services. I bought a cellphone from them with insurance. My phone was broken and t mobile insurance sent me to refurbish cellphone with wifi problem. After several calls, they finally accept to take care of that problem and it's take 3 months to send me a new cellphone. The phone they send it have microphone problem in this time and they did not accept it and I still have a problem with my cellphone.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

We tried to purchase a new phone at T-Mobile local store, they didn’t have in stock so they order for us online on T-Mobile website, when we received the phone it was not working properly so we went to store to return it (local store). They told us that they couldn't received back because this was bought online. (Even though they order for us because they didn't have on stock), that we need it to return by mail, so we did. We received a confirmation of the item was deliver and signature of who received it, this is more than a month ago. Every time that we call to see the status of our credit or refund they said that they haven't find our phone and that it's still our responsibility, even though we have a signature, copy and picture.

Last time we call on 11/19/2017 the girl that answered said "well we received it but we don't know what was inside the box." Really? We are going to keep a phone that doesn't work. I did some investigation with the postal service and they told me that this T-Mobile return service warehouse have moved from the address that it's on the prepaid label that T-Mobile gave to the customer, that they haven't change the labels to the new address.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have been with T-Mobile for almost 20 years and these last few years have been horrible when something with my phone or my mom's phone happens we have to pay out of our asses to get a phone. We are still paying on a phones that we don't have because T-Mobile feels like you should pay for phones you don't have any more! I have a son who has medical problems and I have to have a phone constantly and only 1 person out of about 20 people were willing to help me with getting a phone! With my kid having medical problems. And they not understanding that I am not going to constantly pay for a new phone to upgrade or pay the taxes every time I go in is crazy!

I am very displeased with T-Mobile and their customer service they have. The stores won't help with anything and they expect me to pay for every time I go and get a new phone! I just wanted to be able to go in and get a phone for free with the insurance swap and I can't. I will definitely be changing companies soon. I do not recommend T-Mobile anymore!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Just recently I received a new phone from T-Mobile and they forgot to put the charger in it. Just recently I called them to inquire about getting a charger and also having problems with my new phone because it would cut in and out while talking on it to other people so I troubleshooted it with T-Mobile and they told me that it was probably defective and that I should probably do a warranty exchange. They told me that because I was now a prepaid customer that I would have to send it in first and wait like 5 days and I told them that I got my new phone while I was a postpaid customer.

A supervisor told me that to save me troubles he would open my postpaid account backup even though I owed $330 and that he would put $150 down and that I would be eligible for a new upgrade with no money down. He opened my account but never deposited anything or even added any notes to it so I was stuck with my phone.

Mind being back open and with the promise of it being able to get a new phone upgrade and nobody knows anything about it and I've sent talk to like 7 or 8 T-Mobile customer service and supervisors and been lied to, been rude to multiple times and I requested an investigation and for them to listen to phone conversations to prove that their employees lied to me and offered to even pay my phone bill off because of compensation for rude customer service. And every time I call to ask him if they are going to fix it they keep making things up or say they're going to investigate it when it doesn't take that long to listen to a phone conversation.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Overcharged my payment and I explained my issue and they hung up on me. I called again and they said the amount that was charged was not refundable. I really don't recommend anyone to use T-Mobile. To me this is like stealing. Overcharging a customer is should be a crime. And customer service wasn't helpful. Definitely won't use T-Mobile ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

My identity was stolen in March of this year. The same month, the identity thief tried setting up an account with T-Mobile. This resulted in a fraudulent hard inquiry on my credit report with TransUnion. After countless phone calls to T-Mobile, entering many disputes with TransUnion, I was advised that the only way to get the fraudulent hard inquiry off my credit report was to obtain a "Letter of Deletion" from T-Mobile. After many phone calls and being given the runaround, I was told to send my information, identity verification, drivers license, social security number, police report and etc to their legal department. I did so 3 times. Each letter was answered by telling me that any disputes must be resolved by the credit reporting agency. I am still waiting for the letter after 7 months of suffering phone calls and sending copies and letters! Disgraceful! Shameful!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Overall I really like T-Mobile. The pricing is very competitive, great phones & plans, etc. However, the reception is a little spotty in & around Atlanta, and poor when indoors. I'm waiting to see how the new bandwidth they invested in works out.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My experience with T-Mobile has been one in which they have provided Fair to adequate service but not as consistent and solid as their competitor Verizon. I've experienced drop calls and text as well as calls and texts that will not transmit. Since my needs are not that great the value is sufficient with T-Mobile and their service level good but not great. Definitely room for improvement.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

T-Mobile offers the most flexible plans, especially for those of us who have little to no data streaming. For three phones with unlimited text and phone calls as well as 2 GB of monthly data I pay approximately $100 per month with all taxes and fees included. I have noticed no degradation of service wherever I travel within the continental United States. T-Mobile more than satisfies my cellphone requirements.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We have been with T-Mobile for over 12 yrs and they have always treated us well. We had lived in a small town with less than 1000 people and never had phone trouble. Then 4 yrs ago moved to next bigger town of about 4000. Have had a little bit trouble with service issues, but getting better. Through the yrs. We have looked at other companies, but price-wise nothing has compared. As long as we continue to get good service and lower payments than any other, we will stay with T-Mobile!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I have been with T-Mobile for two years, recently I paid off my Samsung Galaxy S6 and switch my service to AT&T. In doing so T-Mobile had unlocked my phone for 30 days and when I called and asked why numerous customer servers said that they didn't know why because the phone was paid off. I go into 3 different T-Mobile stores and they all tell me to call customer care.

I spoke to 5 different supervisors and 1 told me that I needed to return the signal boosters that they have given me due to the poor internet connection in my area. I had return the signal boosters. They had receive it on November 6,17 and once again I was told that everything was paid off and I should be able to unlock my phone. They had sent me numerous emails that was suppose to allow me to unlock my phone. None in which worked.

Yesterday, November 14,17 I called T-mobile and was told to wait 24 hours to unlock my phone and not to my surprise I wake up to unlock my phone with the T-Mobile unlock device app and the phone is still locked. It has been over two months of having a locked phone, that is completely paid off. I owe T-Mobile no money, my account balance is zero, yet my phone is locked and I feel helpless because there seems to be no one that can help me.

T-Mobile is an unprofessional, money scheming company and doesn't show any loyalty to their long term customers. Not one person that I spoke to ask to reimburse me the full amount of money that I paid for the phone in exchange of them receiving the phone, or an exchange for an unlocked phone. Something to compensate me for paying T-mobile for two years only to be stuck with a locked phone.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My mother and I went to the T-Mobile store to see if they could troubleshoot my phone that was having problems displaying images. Though we realize T-Mobile stores generally do not fix phones, we previously had a good experience in which they managed to fix my mother's phone that had a similar problem. We had a five minute wait for an employee to help us. And when she did, Stephanie (I don't remember her name), the associate manager, barely had a plastered fake smile to present us while she asked what we needed today. As I was trying to explain my phone's issues she continued to interrupt me and had the worst scowl on her face. She kept insisting that there was "nothing they could do" because things like this should be handled through the phone's insurance. Personally I felt that she did not even know about my phone's problems since she considerately interrupted me every five words to shoo us away from the store.

My mother is not very fluent at English and the associate manager took the opportunity to cut her off as she tried to think of the right words to use, ironically for the purpose of allowing the manager to understand my situation. At that time, there were barely any customers within the store. Additionally, I had gotten some mild support from their twitter support account about soft-resetting my phone - so much for T-Mobile not being able to do "anything", at least someone over the internet could give some suggestions!

I had enough of her rudeness and just asked to see someone that was willing to help me transfer my sim card over to another phone. The man that helped us was a lot more patient, understanding, and took the time to troubleshoot my broken phone without asking any questions or insulting remarks. The process was efficient and he offered to some phone repair shops around the area that could assist me (even honestly estimating it would ~$200 to fix), but the disrespectful attitude of their associate manager still stings. Her behavior was clearly unnecessary and unprofessional to the point that I would much rather go to another T-Mobile store or switch carriers.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I was on T-Mobile website and was there to order a new pre-paid phone and plan. I chose T-mobile after 2 weeks of research on most other carriers and decided that T-mobile offered the best plan and phones that suited my needs. While on T-Mobiles website, I decided to ask a few questions via the chat option, regarding specials I was told about a pre-paid special which was a great offer! I was very excited and was ready to move forward with the order.

I was asked for a phone number for what I guess was a sales representative to place and complete the order, when the sales rep called she informed me that the previous rep gave me the incorrect information. I was pissed really pissed. The sales rep asked if I wanted to move forward with a order, I told the sales rep, "No Thank you," and graded the chat as very dissatisfied.

Then, I decided to send email correspondence to T-mobile regarding the terrible experience I just had and also pasted the whole chat into the email. To my surprise, T-Mobile called me and offered me a great deal. I was and am very impressed with T-mobiles follow up with me. I was contacted by Stephanie **, she was awesome, professional and friendly, She made everything Great. I am now happy with T-Mobile and am looking forward to being a T-Mobile customer. I got a new LG Stylo 3Plus!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

The T-Mobile sales/customer service staff have no clue when it comes to canceling an account. They told 5 totally contradictory things on how to go about canceling my account. They did some bait and switches. Told me I could unlock my phone and keep it. That's a lie! They don't unlock your phone even though by law they must! And when they do unlock it- you can only reactivate your phone at T-Mobile or AT&T. That's NOT an unlocked phone! I asked to cancel my transaction when I finally got the real story on my phones lack of future use, they refused. Then once the transaction goes through, they cannot cancel it and credit me back or refund. Thank God I called the fraud department for my credit card and the charge was cancelled. I loathe this company!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

The T-Mobile customer service told me I was using my JUMP! to upgrade to a new phone. I received the new phone without a box to mail my old phone back in with. So I called T-Mobile and they assured me that all I had to do was bring my phone to any T-Mobile store and I could hand in my phone. I went to T-Mobile and they told me that’s not the case that I’m paying for both phones and JUMP! was removed from my plan.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Bought two Samsung Note 8's and an iPhone for my daughter. After three trips to the T-Mobile store, still had the same issue and was not given a new phone. Dropped T-Mobile for Verizon. T-Mobile refused to unlock the iPhone that we had outright purchased. The customer service line is a joke. When asked to be transferred to a supervisor, the same representative attempted to act like she was someone else twice. When returning the phone to the T-Mobile store I bought it from, the manager stated he couldn't waive the restock fee, but customer service said he could. Customer service also claimed they didn't have supervisors or a corporate office. Never again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I feel very disrespected by T-mobile and I will NEVER ever recommend anyone this service. It’s a huge cellphone company, yet they are very inconsiderate and very unprofessional. Long story short, my brother Adam was a T-Mobile customer service rep, and he passed away on July 13. Since August, I have been trying to communicate back and forth with T-Mobile representatives because my brother still has a balance on his phone therefore we can’t sale or get rid of it.

I was told since the beginning that we didn’t owe anything and the balance was cleared out completely and that we were able to use the phone or sale it. Since they had told me that, I cleared out everything, deleted everything the phone had and reset to brand new. I tried to use the phone and I couldn’t because the balance was still there, for weeks I went back and forth with T-Mobile trying to understand why they lied to me and why the balance wasn’t cleared out. Again, the 4 different representatives told me that the problem was fixed and the balance was cleared and it wasn’t. Now we're in November and today I called again, still remaining calm and respectful and the first representative told me that the balance is now in the hands of a collection agency and he told me that I had to clear it out with them and he gave me the number to call.

Although, I was frustrated and fed up I agreed and thanked him and hung up just like I did with the other representatives. I called the suppose Collection Agency and it was fake it was the T-Mobile customer service number. So again I got transferred to another representative who connected me with some man not sure if he was a manager but he told me that T-Mobile doesn’t send balances to collections in situations like this. So in that case I’m responsible for my brother’s balance and there is a lock on the phone until I pay it. I am so angry and hurt because the phone isn’t even worth that much money as the balance and if that was the case I could’ve kept my brother's phone with all of his personal stuff in it.

Now I have a useless iPhone 6s Plus that I have here that hurts to see when all I wanted to do was get some money for my family to cover some of the funeral cost. My brother also had life insurance with T-Mobile but because of the way he passed they didn’t give it to us. This was very inconvenient for me I wish I was told since the beginning the actual truth. This is the way they pay back their own coworkers. My brother was so proud working there and if he was here knowing this happened to someone else I know he wouldn’t look at this company the same. T-Mobile is really about “Integrity”.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I attempted to become a customer of T-Mobile. I decided to go online after finding out I didn't have to turn my cell phones in. This information was given to me in the two stores I visited. The gentleman online said he often heard this. The employees in the store work on commission and the employees online do not. So I enrolled online with the gentleman acknowledging my Sprint contract didn't end until September, that was ok. I was given three sim cards and the cell phone ordered.

Meanwhile I received a bill for $140.00. I thought I was being billed for the phone. I called after my bank account was charged and I was going to be sent a refund. I never received the refund, and I never used this account. Now in September I received another bill for $176.00. I called asking for the $140.00 and why I have billed again this time $176.00. I was transferred eight (8) times and spent over two (2) hours on the phone before hanging up.

The next day I went into the T-Mobile store. The gentleman called customer care. He said a lot of um hmm's which made me very angry. He then hung up the phone and told me they would contact me by letter with an answer and credit if I was owed any money. I then called again a lot transfers and then I was told I would be receiving a check in the mail and the young lady would call me back to confirm my refund in three days. This never happened. I have recently received another bill for a statement credit of $176.00 and a new balance owed for $34.00. I HAVE NOT received a check for the refund of $140.00, $176.00 or $34.00. Can someone help me with information on where I should take this legally. I have been extremely patient and civil with T-Mobile and to think I really wanted to be a customer.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

T-Mobile got me two years ago with their Jump On Demand program, where I could have a new phone every 3 months at no extra charge (just monthly equipment payments). That was fine until iPhone X, where they all of the sudden wanted $270 to upgrade. Sorry guys, you can't change the rules in the middle of the game. I went to Verizon and got my iPhone X for $0 down, no gimmicks. And, the service is way, way better.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Sent my new phone to the wrong address - their error. Won't send it to the new address unless I place another order which means paying again! I have spent 5 hours between chat and Facebook messenger and I still can't get anyone to deal with it. They just keep saying that is the system, you have to wait for 30 days for your money back. I am going to another provider. Disgusting service.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Two and half years of being a loyal customer and just finished paying off an iPhone 6 with them. They are demanding a $750 down payment for an iPhone X because I made one late payment (three days late!) in the two and a half years with them! This is how they treat their loyal customers?? Sprint went down in flames because of their horrible customer abuse and now T-Mobile is cavalierly treading the same path.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Unable to make or receive calls on 2 of our 5 lines for 1 1/2 months only to be told now that new tower will not support our phones. We all have Galaxy Samsung S5 phones but 2 are Verizon. Horrible tech dept and customer service!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

T-Mobile acknowledges rep applied trade-in wrong and after many phone discussions and payment quotes on how credits will be applied won’t adjust EIP to represent final quote. I’m totally at odds with the business of being told one thing and forced to be held to contract that is one sided. T-Mobile not honoring many quotes from phone representatives regarding trade-in evaluation. In the end I got two EIP contracts (my choice) according to T-Mobile, fairly promised $300 credit applied not the quoted "your monthly payment will be" over 24 months... The switch and bait to applying JUMP program to divert trade-in program.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Ported our phones out to a different carrier. Bank account was debited even though service was cancelled. Was told it was but bill was already going out and they would correct it on the next cycle. They not only kept the money, they say I owe money! If you have no service you can't log in and make any changes or modifications obviously, so you have to use Facebook messenger. What a joke. I left because of coverage, I will stay away because of pitiful customer service.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

On July 24th 2017 I made a change to T-Mobile. I was informed as a consumer that I would be billed in 30 days. I have been with Sprint for 17 years and NEVER HAD major issues as I have had with T-Mobile in 3 months, I hate them. All of their staff has the inability to adopt, in 11 days they took out monies not owed doubled by the bill. They are really stupid including the DM of the Akron Summit mall. They are all DUMB. I have been disputing this since 8/14/17 and Chase also is stupid. It’s very SIMPLE, DO NOT GO WITH T-Mobile or Chase. They practice unethical consumer issues and will steal from you. All of their staff in the Akron Area made jabs at Sprint but as a long time Sprint consumer, Sprint will tie rings around them.

The Wallhaven store has simply stupid folks working for them as well as Ray at Summit Mall. They are idiots. Their service absolutely SUCKS! DO NOT GO WITH THEM is the best advice I can give to you. Please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to inform you of the stupid incompetent management and team members all the way around. Run as fast as you can as they are simply a debacle and a below average company in all aspects. Vincent here and the DM as well as the store in Wallhaven 44313 sucks and Summit mall a corporate store sucks as well. DON’T SWITCH!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Customer service and coverage area is excellent. Service overseas in covered countries is great. They give clear explanations and text to assist you. Only thing I liked better is when you were able to upgrade your phone after a couple of years. Contract never bothered me because I like their service.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I have been using T-Mobile for a few years now. On June, I bought a Samsung Galaxy S8 at a store in Huntington Beach. They recommend buy 1 get 1 free program which I have to open a new line. Then I get that new line for my Dad and have been paying for the extra service. They also mentioned the rebate card for the second phone will be mailed within 4-6 weeks. Two months later, I have not received anything but still have to pay for the second phone (including the service fee). I came back to the store and figured out the staff had not submitted my order yet (but he let me pay the down payment for that phone on the very first day).

This time this guy told me he helped me to submit it and I must have got the card within few weeks. I kept on waiting. On Oct 25th, I called the customer service, they sent me to the rebate team and this guy told me there was something wrong while they submit my order. He told me he would mail the card immediately and I would be able to received it within 7-10 days. And today is Nov 7th, have not heard from them yet. I actually do not know how to deal with them cause it took a lot of time and effort to handle this situation while I do not feel like they are supporting me at all.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

It's like pulling teeth to get somebody on the phone and then once you do there are no help at all. They take entirely too much of your time just to tell you they can't help you. All I'm trying to do is get all four of my lines to be Auto paid the same day every month with the same plan but every time I call they tell me I have to call back next month. Next month comes around and my phone gets shut off because all the phone lines are not on the same date then it's all over again starting. This will be the last month they get my business.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

The only good customer service is when they sign you up. Buyer BEWARE!! My spouse and I signed up for the 55 and older plan as it was cheaper than ** and had better data plan. Within a few weeks, after a trip to PA, we found out we had areas of spotty or no service. We went back to the store and were told "maybe it's your phone settings." My spouse had purchased a Samsung phone from T-Mobile when we signed up and the phone was paid in full. After less than a month, we decided to cancel and go with another company. Shortly after that, the Temporary Unlock (unknown to us) that was on his phone, was now locked! My spouse was on travel at the time and was told by the 800# Reps that he would have to go to a T-Mobile store.

When he returned from travel, he went back to the local store where the phone was purchased and the store reps told him he had to call customer service. WTH? I might add, since he was past the 14 day limit to return the phone, they had us in a bind and they would not give an inch for the sake of a happy customer. Promise after promise - calling the T-Mobile 800 number only to get someone in the Philippines and to get a US based agent (they weren't any more helpful) required hanging up and redialing in hopes you would get someone in the US. Rep from Philippines lied and said they would note our issues and contact the local store for us and all my spouse had to do was to go back to the store and they would take care of the issue. Guess what? Store said they had no record of this and "no one called us".

I am not exaggerating when I say I spent at least 4 hours over several weeks calling only to have to explain the story over and over. Finally I got a US based agent, who said she would see what she could do to get his phone unlocked. Everyone told me, including her, that to unlock the phone would take 3-5 business days. Say what? She acted like she was not sure, but she would try to get it unlocked and after about 30 minutes on the phone with her, my spouses phone was magically unlocked. Shameful company!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

My service was spotty - I stuck it out for over 10 years. When I changed to Verizon finally, they charged me pro-rated charges and a higher rate then monthly charges. So, 12 days service cost me the same as my usual 20-day service. RIP OFF. No one told me when I called to cancel that I would be billed this way or I would have closed my account the last day of my billing cycle. They don't care - I was told a customers of 10 years should already know that. That is what I get for my loyalty. Please don't buy their service.

T-Mobile Company Information