1.70/5

T-Mobile Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

5144 T-Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I had a grandfathered plan of the Simple Choice with the added 4g LTR 6 gb of data. Music streaming is supposedly free. BingeOn was enabled and according to the advertisement, explanations, and FAQ, BingeOn should not affect the 4g LTE 6gb of data and that I can tether my phone to my laptop and watch streaming qualifying streaming video without it affecting the 6gb. Great. I get a text message two weeks into the billing cycle saying that I’ve reached my limit. Wtf. So I go to check my data usage and apparently they had been deducting my from my 6gb for the “free BingeOn” video streaming and on top of that the WIFI usage. I’m using WiFi. Not the ** data. Utter bull.

So I call customer service and she basically steers me to the T-Mobile ONE plan saying that I have 50gb of 4g LTE data I can use and I won’t need the BingeOn and I can watch all the video streaming blah blah blah. Great. So I switch. Also, she explained that when using the WiFi, the phone will automatically switch to data if the connection is weak, which I found out later that my phone has the function disabled so it should’ve only been using WiFi. Anyway, not only am I unable to watch any streaming while tethered to laptop now, I can’t even load ANY streaming sites on my phone and I haven’t even gotten near to using half of the 50gb.

I called customer service and they explained that ya, when you tether you get throttled to 3g service, which explains why I can’t even load the pages. I didn’t even know at the time when I spoke to CS that streaming wouldn’t load on my phone. They also tried to upsell me the ONE Plus plan for $15 more which would allow me to tether up to 10gb. Something very suspicious about that. In any case, I demanded to have my old grandfathered plan back and had them confirm that the BingeOn should not affect my data usage etc etc. It’ll take 1-2 days to go back into effect. So I’m still waiting on that.

As I’m researching the internet it turns out there are many others who switch to the ONE plan, whether it’s military or not, and are experiencing the same issue of not being able to load any streaming sites from their phone using data (WiFi it works fine). One customer said they had the ONE Plus plan and it worked fine. The streaming worked for the worker who switched their SIM card into the customer's phone. So basically, they sell you on the ONE plan saying you get 50gb of 4g LTE and you can stream movies from your phone from the streaming sites (YouTube, Hulu, Netflix) but the problem arises that you can’t even load the sites on your phone. Then they try to upsell you getting the more expensive plan so that the streaming will work. It’s a huge scam and I don’t even know if people are realizing this and it seems to be a prolific problem with this company. Something needs to be done to stop this.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Omg. I feel like I have been overcharged and misled. I am being forced to pay over 400$ in two weeks and no mercy. Absolutely none. Very despondent. Miserable. Can't wait to get out. Will never go back and will be here refer. God help Sprint customers moving to this carrier. For heaven's sake no matter what they tell you don't use your phone whilst travelling. It's a set up...you will get a huge bill several weeks after you return. That's what happened to me despite the fact that I kept calling to check on my bill. All of a sudden smack down huge bill pay now or else.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I upgraded because I was told I'd have 20g of 4G LTE Hotspot mobile tethering. This includes HD streaming. In the description it states you can stream HD videos through your mobile Hotspot. This is a scam. After only a few days of streaming a few TV shows each night my actual data plan shot through the roof. On my T-mobile app it shows I've only used 2.2gs of my 20g mobile hotspot allowance. However in my phone's data usage log it show my hotspot has been using 30gs of mobile data. This a scam because sure they give you an allowance of 20g of mobile Hotspot they fail to mention that you'll never reach that because you'll somehow use 30gs of mobile data for every 2gs of Hotspot data. I'm sick of these carriers calling themselves "uncarriers" and advertising unlimited data plans. There is no point in having a data plan if you're throttled to 64kbps after 50 gigs. It's absolutely useless at these speeds.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We had T-Mobile for a little over two years. During this time we never had good service and called every single month when a bill came out due to erroneous charges. At first their way of fixing it was to simply throw money at our bills. When we told them we would rather pay the bill and have service they still never actually fixed the issue. We were constantly waiting on tech support or someone to call us back, which they never did and the problem was never resolved. Finally I asked them to just get rid of the lines and send us a bill for the equipment charges that were left over. We did not have a contract with them so there should not have been any further charges after our last bill. We never received a bill from them for the equipment.

Fast forward six months and they had sent us to a credit collection agency for an outrageous bill that we had never seen! When I asked the credit agency about it they said the company stated it had been sending us notices for 6 mos to a made up address, and the email on file for us. Since the email on file was actually correct we went to check it, there was nothing from them since our last bill that we called about prior to cancelling service. No notices, not other bills, nothing. This company instead used the shady practice of debt parking and just sent this final charge straight to a debt collector.

We are now trying to get this resolved and I am spending more time and energy on something that I should have never had to deal with in the first place. I cannot begin to explain the amount of frustration this company has put us through. This was the biggest scam and waste of my life ever. Please learn from my mistake and do not use T-Mobile, you will regret it.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Ordered a family plan end of November with international calling and unlimited internet. After activating 2 lines, started receiving international call charges notifications. So called them. Reported the issue, so customer rep accepted the mistake and gave a waiver for international calling for 1 month accepting their mistake. I received a bill with $ 700+ for 2 lines this month, while I called them they are stating that, "Waiver was applied only to one line and not the other line because you called and mentioned about 1 line and not the other line." It's completely ridiculous, while I complain about international charges, how they can add waiver for 1 line and not my account.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

For your corporate store in Waimalu Shopping Plaza in Aiea, Hawaii, I would rate this store a "0". I had to wait 17 minutes to do a 1 minute transaction and that was to pay my bill. I started to take pictures of my experience in the store and this finally got the manager's attention. I think his name was SAM. He was more concerned about me taking pictures and said that he would ask me to leave the store. He told me that I can't take pictures and replied I certainly can. Poor customer service is needed to be shared with everyone. Having been in business operations myself having a customer wait that long for a transaction of this type is poor customer service protocol or business objective. And instead of taking my payment I was asked to leave the store. I have been a loyal customer of T-Mobile for years now and find this type of treatment as hostile and is a result of poor management at this store.

I had to travel 5 miles to another T-Mobile store where I know has better customer service to pay my bill. The Beretania store near Safeway promptly helped me as soon as I walked in. I was out in 2 minutes. I would rate this store a "10". Your employees should learn to multitask when someone needs to pay a bill. This transaction is not time consuming. Making a customer wait is an exercise in negative goodwill. Your company has taken the convenience of using the pay machines out of the stores so your customers have to go to the counter. Please make this experience more efficient by setting it up as a goodwill priority for your PAYING CUSTOMERS. All customers need to be serviced in a timely manner. A satisfied customer will tell about 10 people about their good service; a dissatisfied customer will tell a 100; and a customer like me will tell 1000's...

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

We ordered 2 phones that were supposed to be on the Equipment Installment Plan and then all of a sudden I get a text saying our lease is ending and we will be responsible for the full remaining amount. I contacted Customer Service and they said there is nothing they can do. Very poor customer service!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I've been with T-Mobile for 4 years. We have spoken with customer service over a dozen times - online & in-store. They always tell us what we want to hear, but when the bill comes, nothing EVER matches up. $40/line (3 lines) no matter what phone you have doesn't equal $216/month. The phones don't even keep up with new updates for a year. All I ever get is "oops, something went wrong". No **, Sherlock.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I moved to T-Mobile after seeing their coverage map showing my normal travel area was completely covered. Once I switched I found that many areas had no coverage at all and the rest one bar on my phone. This is in a well populated area in Southern Lancaster County Pennsylvania. You cannot believe their coverage map in our area.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Not only the service is the worse but the quality of customer service are so bad. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE THIS COMPANY. The amount of charge for a very low quality of service. Not only calls drop but also customer service is no good and if you not careful they will overcharge you for things you not even aware also careful.

T-Mobile Company Information