Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.29/5

T-Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I got on T-Mobile's network around 2013 I want to say. This was a jump after dealing with horrendous service from Sprint (I know they've improved since and merged with T-Mobile). Let me just say the switch was the start of something great. First off, the signal was killing it in my area. I mean, maximum 4G everywhere I went back then. Blazing fast and I never had dropped calls (again, my area). I even sat on a beach in Puerto Rico and had 4g right there on the sand. I'm not sure how well it works everywhere in the world, but it was also phenomenal in Quebec Canada.

So enough of how great the signal is. The plans are also very generous. I got on the plan where it was unlimited everything for 100 flat for two lines. Hard to beat that for as many years as I had that. On top of that, they offer what is called T-Mobile Tuesdays via an app. I don't want to overhype it, but the fact that they do give out offers and freebies weekly to various vendors and websites is pretty astonishing. They don't have to people... Yet they've been doing this for years. I thought it was just going to be a short lived gimmick when I initially heard about it, nope. It makes me wonder why to continue that other than that they do like to give back in some form to its consumers even if you do not take all the offers that they provide. I've had countless offers of free coffees and sandwiches. :)

Now this is a big one for me that set T-Mobile to a new level. When covid-19 hit and I was fortunate to work from home, my internet provider went down for 5 days straight. The only thing I could rely on was my phone as a hotspot. First off, it was part of my service at no extra charge, and my internet was as fast as the fast speed I pay for that didn't work... Let that sink in for a minute. Sure my phone got a tad warm as it was providing me internet all day long for 5 days, but it never failed me. I can't thank T-Mobile enough for that because without it, I'm not sure what I would have done other than packing up and moving to a friend/family's house that had service running.

So I'll end with, with all the horrible large corporate big name companies out there that just count you as another value of revenue filling their pockets, T-Mobile makes you feel like they care a tad more so about you than the norm. At least enough to make me feel good when I need to send in that monthly payment. I can't say I feel Okay with about 90% of my other monthly bills, lol. So yeah, switch to T-Mobile if you want a nice phone package plan/rate with plenty of side perks. Recommended I suppose for Metro-ish areas but the fact that I've yet to lose signal anywhere I've been (my job sends me traveling all around US), I don't think you'll have too much issues with it.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I recently upgraded my phone at T-Mobie to Samsung galaxy S20. Some days passed and I noticed the sun on my phone and it led me to gently rub my finger on the screen and I felt a superficial scratch. I thought that it was just a reflection but I could feel it but not see it. I called T-Mobile to find out what to do. I was initially advised to contact Samsung to get a replacement since it was a brand new $1000 phone!

Samsung could not have cared less! They first told me to go to some repair place (UbreakIfix). They told me they would not be able to get me in for about 2 weeks. I called Samsung back to share information. I was told the best they could do is for me to mail in my phone and I would get it back in 2-4 weeks. What is that?? That is your best?? I called T-Mobile back for advice and spoke to a lovely person named Carmela out of St Louis office. She and her supervisor helped me very graciously and I will be receiving a new phone by mail with return slip to return my defective phone. So thank you a million times to Carmela and T-Mobie for doing Samsung's job and providing OUTSTANDING service! Shame on you, Samsung!

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I actually feel good about the cell phone provider because of making our lives a bit simple and also making the world like a small global village where we can communicate with anyone despite how far he/she is. I'm also able to know what is happening in other continents.. I also appreciate because of the prices are not too high for me even though we consumers we don't lack complains but all I can say about prices is that the services are worth those prices. Generally these providers does very good task because they are making my life simple in that, I don't have to send mails when I need to communicate with someone who is a bit far from me, the cell phone providers have enabled fast services which are very important and also the cell phones themselves are portable and reliable. I feel very good about the cell phone providers.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I've been with T-Mobile for 4 years now and must say with their 24 months plans to pay off a cellphone or having the option to pay it in full right then and there. To just only having to pay for the services and activation fee and yeah cannot forget their cool accessories that you can also buy upfront as well by paying in full or paying the taxes in store and paying small monthly payments also for 24 months. Just shows that Tmobile is a reasonable carrier to be with at the moment. I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, when Sprint merges with tmobile as the prices will change and perhaps increase indefinitely. If that does happen, I will no longer be part of Tmobile and probably would have to improvise on another reasonable carrier or better yet go to Boost Mobile that I have never even been with since they came out. But after this COVID-19 pandemic we shall see.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I like Tmobile because it has affordable services to call abroad, also when I am in Mexico I can call and browse as if I were in the US. The basic service with unlimited phone and good GB per month is about 45 plus 10 dollars for the international fee. I don’t like that their customer service sucks. Every time I call I have to wait a lot to talk to a human and I am never sure if I ever speak to one. They try to sell me products with unclear information and telling me that now they are offering new and FREE updates for clients with my type of contract. Once I bought it and ended up with double the amount in my monthly bill.

I had to fight for endless hours to go back to my cheap contract. They are unhelpful and make any change almost impossible so you give up and stay with the expensive bill. I find this very unloyal, abusive and unfair. I tried to seek clarification in one of their stores but nobody knows and the staff make you call in the store. The wait is also very long when one calls from the store. I’m happy with them as long as I don’t have to deal with their inhuman treatment.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Hello, I set up my account over 6 months ago, when I set it up I was told I have a tier 1 credit with a 4 or 6k EIP limit. About a month ago I added a line for my daughter, and upgraded my phone, along with purchasing a tablet. Everything went good. About two weeks later I brought my wife into the store with me, which is difficult as we both work opposite shifts and I wanted to upgrade her phone. We were told at the store that I did not have enough available credit, my limit was changed to $1800 but everyone I speak with told me that’s not right for all the lines that I have on my account.

I have tried to rectify this several times but each time I am told there is nothing that can be done. I have 7 voice lines, two tablets and two Apple watches. Most of my devices are paid off, I have never missed payments and am wondering why my limit does not reflect the 4-6k as what was originally told to me, and from what all the reps are telling me my limit should be based on the number of lines. They told me I can add a line and that should increase my limit, but I’ve added two additional lines for both my tablets and also added my daughter's line and my limit did not increase?

At this point I am looking at AT&T who already pulled my credit and is giving me a $5000 eip limit. I don’t want to move 11 lines away from T-Mobile, so can someone please correct this for me? Every rep I speak with told me I have the best credit rating with T-Mobile and my EIP should be from 4-8k. Please help me! All I want to do is upgrade one of my other phones.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I bought a phone from T-Mobile ( HTC with plan) which did not work (having issues with connecting to the T-Mobile network itself) changed the phone twice before I came to know they no longer supported the phone so they gave me an option to get a replacement - a Samsung edge which I took. We were with them for the next one year during which the phone had no issues, we cleared the phone balance to unlock and I switched, one month down the line my phone fell and had a crack on the screen, went to Samsung store to get it changed where I was informed that I should first check with T-Mobile if they can unlock it once again if required (international).

Called T-Mobile, went to their store, everything was good they said they will support me. I got the glass changed and worked fine till I went on an international trip where the phone was not responsive, struggled there, came back and called T-Mobile for support. at least 25 calls to them (many of which were disconnected) and a similar number of visits to the store (I have visited every store in my neighboring radius of 20 miles at least once) the store guys would say call customer support and vice versa), they gave me the unlock links which never worked (always asked to wait for 72 hours). 3 months down, I was asked to pay another 100$ for something and the issue will be resolved. I paid and still the thing never got resolved, pissed off I threw the phone and bought a new phone.. WOULD never trust T-Mobile (locked phones in general) AGAIN..

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I switched to T-Mobile in September from Verizon. I switched because It was promised that the network was better and faster with new nationwide 5G and that T-Mobile would pay off the balance remaining from my current device on Verizon. I was told to bring in my final bill and I would get a Visa card to pay it off. I went in with the final bill and learned that I was misinformed and not eligible for the promotion. So I had to pay off my device from Verizon. I spent hours trying to fight this and still there is no resolution. Then there is the network. I am still not able to use apps I enjoy like TikTok unless I’m on wifi. The network is too slow to stream videos. Often it is too slow to even load photos on social media like Instagram. I called many times and there is no resolution.

I often hear the excuse that Covid is the cause of this. Because there are more people at home during the day. I don’t buy that. If you’re using your phone at home, you’re most likely using wifi and not T-Mobile’s network. There is also issues with call quality and sending text messages. People tell me often that when they call my phone does not ring. It goes to voicemail. There is also no resolution to this. I have made many calls and visits to try and resolve these issues. You can also expect long wait times to speak to anyone. Last night it was 2 hours. But that’s because of Covid too. I decided to give T-Mobile another chance and I bought the new iPhone 12 Max Pro, in hopes that the 5g would help with these issues.

I was told that I would get 550 off the cost of the new phone as a promotion for trading in my device. There was also going to be a 380 immediate credit to my account that I could use as I wanted. Again, I was misinformed. The real deal is 550 off in bill credits but over 30 months. The 380 is taken from the 550 and this there is only 170 off the total price of the phone. This is a lot different than what was explained to me. I have spent hours trying to get them to honor what was promised. But again, I am left paying a lot more than expected for service on a shoddy poor network.

The 5g is actually very strong in my area, but it is not any faster unless you use it late at night. All in all, T-Mobile has been a huge disappointment. I am actually going to pay cash for my new device and switch to AT&T. They actually offer a generous discount for doctors and nurses (in addition to teachers, active military, veterans, and first responders!). I would strongly suggest that you do your research before switching to this company. If you google reviews for T-Mobile (wish I had done this) you will be hard pressed to find any independent sites with a 2 star or higher rating for T-Mobile with multiple comments similar to mine.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I am being charged for a premium voice mail at $4 a month that I don't even know what the service is. Once rep explained I told her no service sends my voice mail in text form to me. I asked for credit.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I got T Mobile three days back. I received iPhone 12 Pro Max 256 GB ($1300) as per the plan. And immediately noticed scratch on the front screen. I called to T-Mobile customer service about that scratch and I was told T-Mobile will replace the device. I went to store as per the instructions from first call to verify the device, store representative checked the device and concluded as manufacturing defect and asked me to call T-Mobile about device replacement. I called to T-Mobile customer service again, and I was told phone will be replaced, but cost ($1300) will be charged on my account, I have to return the phone, after phone is returned the amount will be credited, and asked for the signing documents again.

T-Mobile sent me iPhone 12 Pro Max 256 GB with manufacturing defect, I spent three hours on the phone call with customer service, and one hour to store, still not able to fix the problem and asking for pay with return option and asking for the documents sign again. This whole process is crazy and decided to keep bad device. After this experience, I felt I made bad decision to become a T-Mobile customer, and this whole this crazy.

T-Mobile Company Information