1.72/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

T-Mobile

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 16, 2017

4522 T-Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My wife and I were attracted to a plan that T-Mobile has just announced 55+. So we bought two phones yesterday and signed up. My phone had to be ordered. They changed my phone over to their service. Everything was fine until this morning. Tried to call my wife and got a message saying that the phone was suspended. I called. They said they would have it up and running. Also the phone was suspended because I requested it to be? and she said she checked my wife's phone number and it wasn't on what I was told. Waited phone. Never came on.

Called back. Told the same story. Was told that I called and said it was lost or stolen? Told to wait for 15 minutes. Yeah! It came on. Tried calling my wife. Right to voicemail so I called her office. She told me she was unable to power up the phone. I told her to take the battery out and put back in. She said she tried to but that it was an unremovable battery? This is great. What if we needed to replace it. I truly believe that we have gone from bad to worse.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Every time I call about over charges that get applied every month they are rude and they attitude is always that there is nothing they can do... Actually not rude... Just calming tell you there is nothing they can do and they sorry... Never try actually to fix the issue. Plans are good but get ready for month to month aggravation.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

1.0 star rating. 10/15/2017. I have never been treated with such a lack of disrespect and disregard. I went into this store for help due to multiple issues with my monthly bill. The two representatives that attempted to assist me were Juan and Danny. After explaining and viewing my billing information and seeing that I was being billed in advance for services "that had not yet been rendered", I was told that "I SEE YOU LIKE TO ARGUE", with an attitude, and that I should call customer service.

They acknowledged the double billing, but since they had a store full of customers they disregarded my concerns and issues and said that it wasn't their problem and needed to contact T-Mobile Billing myself which I had already done month after month. I have never felt so disrespected as a customer and would never advise ANY friend, relative, or a stranger on the street to visit this store. Steer clear of JUAN AND DANNY their only interest is to customers making new purchases and not to help any current customers with other issues. Store location is 5773 University Drive, Ste 32, Tamarac, Fl 33321. Store# (2041).

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I was with T-Mobile for the longest time. Never suspected that they would be overcharging me for the data I was getting. $109 a month for one V10 and 1gb of 4g data. Super crappy deal. But I thought nothing of it. Kept the V10 in pristine condition until the infamous LG boot-loop had its way with it. Other than the fact that its own software bricked the phone, the phone was perfect. No scratches, no dents, no cracks. Recently moved down to Central Oregon and after the V10 boot-looped I switched to US Cellular where I'm currently using a V20 with unlimited 4g data for only $80 a month along with much better coverage than I ever got with T-Mobile. A much better deal. When I called T-Mobile to cancel my service, they were extremely rude and unprofessional.

I finally got them to cancel my service and they asked me to mail them the V10. I reminded them that it had boot-looped, meaning that the phone was never going to work again. They said that was fine. They just needed it back so I wouldn't get charged. So I mail them the phone. With a sigh of relief I was assured that my horrible experience with T-Mobile was over. But oh boy was I wrong. I get an email about a week later telling me I have to pay $250 because the V10 was broken and wouldn't work. I called customer service to try and figure out what the problem was. I explained that last time I called they asked me to send in the phone, broken or not so that I wouldn't have to pay it off. They say it doesn't matter and because the phone had boot-looped, that falls on me and I have to pay for it.

So let's recap here. They forced me to pay $250, because a phone they issued me had its own software issue, that is entirely out of the control of the user. My whole experience with T-Mobile was the worst I've ever had with any company, including Comcast! I will never ever use or endorse T-Mobile ever again. If you have to opportunity to avoid this corrupt and mismanaged company, do so as soon as you can. You don't want to be sucked into their **. I'm starting to think they only made me pay because they wanted revenge for me leaving them for US Cellular, a much better run, trustworthy company I feel comfortable with.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I have had a pre-paid service with T-Mobile for over 10 years and got to a gold legacy status where you don't need to keep paying monthly as it lasts a year and my balance was well over $100. Recently when I tried to use the phone it said "sim not provisioned". After hours on the phone with people who can barely speak English, I was bounced from person to person (5 times) eventually with their so called supervisor saying my phone is now inactive and they gave the number away and will not refund me my balance.

Not only is that incompetent but in my opinion theft. I have no contract with them agreeing for them to keep my money and so that constitutes theft not getting my permission. On top of which one would think from a customer service standpoint and to keep a customer (I was not looking to close the service) you would at least provide another number and transfer the credit. I STRONGLY ADVISE AGAINST USING T-MOBILE. THIS HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE FOR THE LAST 1 YEAR of other issues which I put up with now leading to this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My LG Stylo 2 operated well for the first 7 months. Then it started intermittently blocking me from using my Cell Phone with "emergency calls only" - Some blackouts are for 5 minutes and sometimes up to 2 hours. When I complained to LG they recommended replacing the Sim card which I did. The fix lasted for 2 days and now I'm back to the same blackout methods. Leaving me to believe it's not the phone, it's the carrier.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I called T-Mobile today to make a payment arrangement, lo and behold I just found out today, after 2 years, that if you make payment arrangement thru a representative you get charged $8. I'm like what? Never heard that before from any representative, never. So I spoke to a supervisor and the only thing I got was a lecture on what to do so you don't get charged. No mention of a refund, nothing. What a joke. They all thieves, charging a customer for helping them. I will not recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Great welcome. Relaxed atmosphere. But I have a business and no access to my two-step verification emails and accounts. I have NO access to ANY of my business accounts. I have no access to my company accounts to MONITOR ANYTHING! Went back to the location - my sims card was wiped clean. WHY NOT wait a complete 24-48 hours or take the phone and offer the customer the ability to TAKE/KEEP their sims card! Based on this as a business person... I WOULDN'T HAVE PURCHASED, RECOMMENDED or have gone to T-Mobile. I have access to none of my websites, none of my company emails. Just HORRIBLE and the internet service isn't the best. My other sim's card gave better reception and it was a T-Mobile service provider.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Apparently the Lawrence, MA T-Mobile store staff do not ask for photo id or even look at the "credit card" used at point of sale, no one in my family is or has ever been or ever will be a T-Mobile customer. Arrest report in the Union Leader of Jammy Alphonse in nearby Londonderry, NH stated that he was in possession of numerous blank cards and a female victim of fraud was reported to have also recently had T-Mobile fraudulent charges on her account. T-Mobile is guilty of conspiracy to commit fraud by not enforcing the confirmation of the identity of customers.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I had the worse experience in my life having a T-Mobile as my carrier for my cell phone. It’s been more than three weeks the issue has not been resolved. The following issues are drop calls, not receiving any calls, no miss calls at all (only voicemails), not able to make calls most of the time, call failed and more and more. I Called customer service numerous times and their response is always the same. They open up another ticket every time I call them. I am very dissatisfied with T-Mobile and very disappointed with their service.

I have 6 family members in my house and they all have T-Mobile and half of the Family members are having same issues but nothing has been resolved. And we been with T-Mobile over 10 years and I live in Palatine (Chicago Northwest Suburbs). I would highly recommend to everyone to NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH T-MOBILE. This company has the worse network in the world. There is no customer satisfaction and T-MOBILE has a very bad service everywhere.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My minutes for my phone were due and since I always pay cash at the T-Mobile store I decided to pay for my minutes early AM although my minutes did not expire until midnight 10/06/17. This review is not for the T-Mobile store, but for the phone customer service that I received during an emergency situation. On 10/09/17 3:30 am my husband and I awoke to darkness and without power. I turned on my battery operated radio and discover that Nevada county had fires in several areas. My husband had to leave for his job, and a half hour later I tried to call him and my phone was dead. The message stated that I had to pay for my minutes.

I called 611 for customer care and was told that I did not pay. I gave her the invoice number, code and everything else, and explained to her that I had no power, no phone and that the fires were getting worst. She coldly explain that she couldn't find where I paid and therefore couldn't turn on the phone. I was so upset that I started crying and telling her that Yes I did pay, Yes I have the receipt and after around 20 minutes she decided to turn on my phone but not before telling me that it was up to me to call after I pay for my minutes. NOT TRUE! I finally called my husband and it turned out that the fires were bad. I was tired, upset, nervous. T-Mobile turned off my phone on the same day that I cashed paid 10AM 10/06/17. I did not have service from Friday night To Monday 10/09/17.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Worst company, ever! I've been using T-Mobile since for the last 4 years, and it was fine until this August when I had to make changes in my plan. It took me more than 5 visits and numerous calls to customer service to transfer from Simple Choice to T-Mobile One. Reps were unable to change my plan on existing account, so they suggested to open a new account, transfer all lines and then close the old account. They couldn't give me a final statement for the closed account right away on Aug. 17, and suggested to wait until it appears on the system so I can pay the remaining balance.

Immediately I ran into minor issues. At first, instead of the family plan for all lines I was put into a separate $70/month plan for each line, so I came back on the next day and it was resolved quickly, however soon after that I discovered that data on some of the lines was not activated. This was also resolved after I've contacted the customer service. But this is really negligible compared to what happened next.

After the old account was closed, I had no access to view my balance for my old account online and I haven't received any closing statement, so around Aug. 25 I have visited a store and paid the remaining balance. I was assured that there is now zero balance on a closed account, however the only written confirmation they provided was that I have made a payment $28 to my old account.

One month after, on Sep. 22 I have received a statement for the old account for Aug 13 - Aug 18, where I was charged monthly fees for total $40 for the last 6 days before the account was closed. The due date for the payment was on the next day, Saturday Sep. 23. Ok, since I had no chance to pay this bill online I have visited a store on Sep. 27, explained the situation, stated clearly that I want to make a payment to my closed account and paid remaining $40.

One week later, on Oct. 02 I have received a notice from a collection agency that my old account has an unpaid balance. It appeared that they have sent my old account to collection on Tuesday Sep. 26, which is TWO business days after I have received a statement in the mail. The same day I called customer service and I was told that my payment somehow was not applied to my old account, but they will fix it right away.

On Sep. 11 I have noticed that this payment appeared on my new account instead of my old account. I have called customer service again and requested that the payment should be applied to the old account, again I was assured that my request will be satisfied shortly. However, after that, over the phone they were not able to verify that my old account finally had no remaining balance due, because (and I am not joking here) I can confirm my identity with 4 digits of SSN only when contacting them regarding my new account, not my old account.

This forced me to drive to the store again, just to get a confirmation that there is no any balance due on the closed account. My request to provide a written confirmation that their balance of my old account is zero was denied with another bizarre explanation that I will receive this confirmation with the next statement in the mail. So I am not sure, that the story ends here.

Summarizing, beware of T-Mobile, you will see the real face of these scammers if you try to close an account. I have all reasons to believe that their procedure to close an account is intentionally made so inconvenient and filled with tricks and catches for the customer. Never believe their claims unless you have received a written confirmation and keep all records when dealing with them.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I wanted to add a cell phone account to my T-Mobile hotspot. Sounds simple, right? Not for T Mobile! Hours and hours on the phone with them. They made one mistake after another. It got straightened out but without telling, they gave me a new hotspot with very low data. Terrible experience with them. Terrible service!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Tried to change my number to Verizon. I have called them at least six times and still they have not let me change my number. Calls have been dropped multiple times and every time they say they are going to do this they fail.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I was with AT&T for over 10 years and decided to switch to T-mobile back in August 2017. I made sure that I confirmed that I am getting the $40 monthly plan per line and was assured that my bill will be $130.00 per month and if I paid via auto pay I will be getting a monthly credit of $10 for doing so and that will bring my bill to a total of $120 + the $20.00 monthly installment on the new phone I purchased bringing it to a total of $140. T-mobile have been billing me $170.00.

I went into the T-mobile store on Jericho Turnpike, Queens NY and asked why my bill it $30.00 more than what I was told. To my amazement I was given so many different explanations that my head was reeling and no one can explain the additional $30 fee which is showing up my as additional services and fees. The worst part was that each time I asked for an explanation my bill keeps going up and never could explanation why I am paying the $30 extra. Called customer service and that is even worse. She was worse than the previous 2 Rep I spoke to. T-mobile employees cannot explain their own billing procedures. No wonder they are tricking unsuspecting customers to switch once you that you are screwed...

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I joined the Kick-Back program on 6/29/17. This program gives you $10 back for every line that used under 2 gigs of data in a billing cycle. I have a business account so T-Mobile does not allow me to control it manually. Their computer software has to automatically credit the account, which it has not done. Every month I called T-Mobile Customer Service and every month I would get a different excuse as to why the Kick-Back didn't take place. All of the customer service reps that I spoke with could see that I am enrolled in the Kick-Back Program, and they could see that all 3 of my lines used far less than the 2 gigs of data, but none of them had been able to figure out how to get my credits.

Today I was finally connected to someone that could authorize credits but would only be able to get 2 months of credits. Personally I think it should be 3 since I signed up 2 days after the billing cycle for June and the credits are calculated from the prior month and put on to the new bill, but hey 2 months is better than none. However, no one has been able to answer why the Automatic Credit is not working for my account and what the date of the month is that the computer is supposed to figure this out. I'm tired of having to call EVERY month and get bounced around. This the same type of run around tactics that Verizon Customer Service Department used and is the reason why I left Verizon. If T-Mobile keeps this up it will be the reason why I leave them as well.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

T-Mobile has best coverage in country is BS. Suckered me in, after listening to sales proclaiming this over and over I signed up. After 3 days of troubleshooting their technical department declared there is "sparse" service at my area. And to top it off after all the hassle and frustration T-Mobile refused to refund the $108 fees for "registration".

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I ordered a REVVL T-Mobile phone on 9/15/2017 on order number ** and paid 163.20 for the phone. They told me the phone was back ordered, so when I received the phone on 9/28/2017, it was an Aristo phone; the wrong model name. What it appeared is that at the point of shipping they covered up the original serial number designation for the Aristo phone with another label for the REVVL phone. I called them and after almost 2 hours on the phone, they said they would ship me the right phone but wanted me to pay an additional $163.20 for the phone, which I consented to do.

When I received the second phone on a new order number ** on 10/2/2017, they once again shipped me an Aristo phone with the same serial number label covered up with a REVVL label. I called corporate and talked to a Michelle ** employee #** and she told me that they once again would ship me an upgraded phone, but once again, for the third time wanted me to pay an additional $163.20, which I refused. Both phones are on the way back to them by UPS. My complaint is not so much that I had to pay for two phones that were never received, but the real point is that there is fraud occurring at T-Mobile, when a person orders and pays for equipment, because the equipment is back ordered, they fraudulently replace the serial numbers on a totally different piece of equipment and ship you the substitute phone. Because this happened twice in a row, I am not the only customer affected in this obvious fraud case.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

After dealing with five T-Mobile stores and countless customer service calls, I will never say anything negative about my 20 year relationship with AT&T again. Like many, I was very enticed by their super low $ bait and switch tactics they use. I tried desperately for 3 weeks to sign up for the 55+ Promotion but they claimed they needed to check my credit so I obliged in lifting the credit freeze I had at TransUnion which is the Credit bureau they initially said they utilized... then it was Experian. I was told four times TransUnion was credit bureau they would use only to be told it after my fifth trip into the store it was Equifax. We all know the issues with Equifax... They don't respond to emails, phone calls or even logging into my Equifax account.

I pleaded with T-Mobile customer service to use TransUnion or Experian to verify my credit and they laughed at me. I realize they say things happen for a reason, truth is I was never meant to be a T-Mobile customer and after reading the reviews on here I will continue my relationship with AT&T... Are they perfect? Hardly but WAY!!! WAY better than T-Mobile. I just want to thank this site and everyone that has written them, at least it gives us some place to vent.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I had been a T-Mobile customer for about 10 years. During that time, I paid extra on my account in order to have a credit balance in the event of unforeseen problems. Well after the Florida hurricane of 2017 I had lost service for about 2 weeks. If I wanted to make/receive a call I had to travel about a mile/mile and a half. When I inquired about the problem after several time I kept being told it was a problem with the tower caused by the hurricane. Yet in my area other phone companies were operating properly. To be fair, I had had some similar problems PRIOR to the hurricane, at first I thought it was my phone BUT AFTER switching and replacing phones the problems continued so this must have been a preexisting problem that was intensified by the hurricane.

Anyway after about 2 weeks without good service and having to travel to make a call I decided to change carriers. I changed to Cricket. When I changed I WAS NEVER TOLD THAT ANY CREDITS I HAD WOULD NOT BE REFUNDED, THE AMOUNT WAS $300.00 and I am denied a refund. T MOBILE is nothing but THIEVES. Nothing but excuses.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I ask for iPhone 7 plus 62 memory. I was told no exist. Ok. I want big one for my work. The lady gave me 32. When I ask is it the big one yell at me, “Yes!” Ok. “How much?” “769.99.” Ok. “How this work?” and start yelling at me. I don’t want to say nothing, I have to pay after 14 days. My coworker tell me is 32. Went to change. The same lady yell. She dont not know nothing, I cant not return. You have to pay 769.99 and now the phone after 4 days is 699. 1st, I feels so bad the way was treated. 2nd was her mistake to gave me what she wants knowing I never ask for 32 and knowing in a few days lower the price. I talked to manager and no help… Really, we have to deal with this. Sad. Very sad, T-Mobile store 7481 Lake Mead. Las Vegas.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

T-Mobile is only opening stores and have aggressive salespeople working on commission to sell you something. When it comes to a problem, THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU. I bought a phone from a T-Mobile store and they sold me insurance. I lost the phone and I went to the T-Mobile store to get assistance and they told me that I didn't have insurance. I let the weekend pass without a phone then visited another T-Mobile store and asked them to use their phone to call insurance and lo and behold I had insurance. I completed the claim and paid deductible and they said they would send next day air.

7 days later and NO PHONE!! I called the Assurant the insurance company and they told me it the phone was not in warehouse and on back order and that NO PHONE WOULD BE SENT UNTIL IT'S IN STOCK BUT WOULD NOT tell me when IT would be in stock. I called T-Mobile 5 different times and they told me all 5 times that they cannot give me a phone. I even spoke to retention and they didn't do anything or care. THIS COMPANY is GOING DOWN. When you don't take care of customer, it will show eventually.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I bought a Samsung J3 Prime from T-Mobile store in Cherry Hill mall. Return 2 cellphones to T-Mobile because of static in the background. The cellphones they gave me were recondition phones. Call T-Mobile to tell them about the 3rd phone with the same issue. The girl told me stop buying cheap cell. This phone that T-Mobile charge me was $150.00. The woman name is Charlene with T-Mobile. Very disappointed with T-Mobile and Samsung products. Hope this doesn’t fall on deaf ears. Need for people to know about T-Mobile and Samsung products that are being sold by T-Mobile store that do not stand behind their products. Please get back to me for more info. I have a receipt.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

They are very good to me and my son in the navy. I have not had any trouble with T-Mobile. Been with them for over ten years. Will not switch. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I have been using T-Mobile for the last 9 years and I think their service is great. No dropped call, interruption in service and customer service is polite and very helpful when I had a situation with a lost phone. From my experience, I highly recommend this company.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Over all T-Mobile is a great provider. I have been with them for years and there are seldom any problems. The only complaint I have is the price of the service. It could be less expensive. I happened to sign up for the unlimited voice data and text when it was available and for me that is the only way to sell cell phone service... Never have to worry about using too much data or text or call time.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

So I live in Southwest Florida and we had a hurricane whip through here and we are still trying to get back to normal down here. I called all my bill providers and T-Mobile for I am with them currently, (not for long) and asked if they would be providing assistance for the hurricane victims. I was told, “Oh, yes absolutely. Anything to help you out.” So I was told not to worry about my bill and it would be resumed business as normal the next month. I said, “Thank you and appreciated the help.”

WELL guess what? Today I get a bill for 2 months. Also was told I was delinquent. Yep. Called and I was told they just pushed the payment out. They weren't providing any help to us down here. WHAT A FRAUD you are TMOBILE. You should be ashamed of yourself. You dont care about people and you certainly dont stand by your here to help routine. Thank you for making an already stressful situation worse. Next time just tell people the truth. You have no intentions on helping people affected by a natural disaster.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

The companies, beginning with Tmobile, are refusing to remove a small charge on my credit reports, or to give me details thereof so I could settle this matter. I have called several times, and get referred back and forth between them.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

So. After arguing with T-Mobile phone reps for much too long, without having anything resolved, and then after discovering that there was an extra 62 pages of our bill, one month, and being sure it was not only one month but every month, it was further researched, and I discovered the following things, along with satisfying my fears and curiosities about the matter.

After becoming educated enough to not allow the people who worked for the T-Mobile company to bully, and victimize, I was able to confidently become more than the chump of the moment for whatever employees may have been taking advantage of the jobs they held, and the availability of personal identifiers of customers. I discovered that there was already, within the T-Mobile Corp, an investigation going on to find out if it was possible that employees were indeed taking advantage of people.

I discovered that, when I contacted the company for consumer issues, those employees who answered the phones were not in any way required nor even allowed to request information such as social security numbers, and personal information. There was a group within the company who were an organized crime ring and they were using the phone contacts to gather the info needed to do everything from petty thefts, to very organized crime. In the long run, T-Mobile nearly went bankrupt, and at one point there was talk of AT&T buying them out, although I am not sure how all that actually went.

I also discovered that the unlimited family plans were being taken advantage of by adding extra people to a plan, without the account holder’s knowledge, so a smaller pocket was adding to the grief of the larger organization. The most important thing I discovered though, was that T-Mobile was still the most usable phone company for my needs and had decent enough services, and that the offerings using monthly account plans were the target, and that the prepaid phone services could not be opened to become vulnerable to the same victimization that the service plans were open to.

And so, we cancelled our monthly account plan, and went to prepaid services. And you know, we have had absolutely zero problems ever since doing that. Problem solved in a way. It’s a way that should not be the only alternative for a consumer to choose, but it does work. And T-Mobile has since, improved their customer service phone assistance dramatically. Good for you, T-Mobile.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Good company. Needs a little bit better coverage in Southern AZ otherwise good service including in Mexico. Have no problems with service most of the time.

T-Mobile Company Information