T-Mobile

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a LG phone. Paid cash 270.00. After three months dissatisfied with phone. Offered $14.00 for trade in. This company is so full of ** you could fertilize a whole planet. This company don't give a damn about its subscribers.

I've been with TMobile for 3 yrs. Not all good but this last one did it for me. I'm going to Apple. So long losers. My prepaid less than a year old cool pad phone broke. Still under warranty so I called tmobile. They said send it to them and I'll get a new replacement. So I sent it in. Two weeks go by and it comes back same old broken phone. They gave me wrong address. So I send it again and it arrives in ten day to the return center in texas I have tracking number and verification from post office it arrived. BUT TMOBILE won't accept that it arrived. They say post office is lying. HA WHAT A BUNCH OF BULL. So I call after 6 transfers and finally a supervisor we make a three-way call to post office that say yes it was delivered but again they refuse to accept that answer.

They canceled my account. When I asked why they said because they can't reach me by phone. AAAAGGHHH. Hello my phone is broken and at your warehouse. That's why you can't reach me... Took me 5 calls to get the light to come on and they reinstate my account. So next it's can't find my phone, then, need my tracking number then they said it was not under warranty. No reason given today. I went to the store to see if they could call and help BUT NO THEY CANT DO THAT.

THEY LOOKED ON THEIR COMPUTER AND NOW IT SAYS MY PHONE IS STILL IN USE!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME. No money in the prepaid account to use and they have the phone... so if it's being used it's by them not me. What a joke. Runaround and still no phone or compensation for my loss of a $200 phone. I'm done tmobile. YOU SUCK!! Apple here I come. If I could give no stars it would still be too much. Don't buy TMobile. Go anywhere but there. Save yourself the grief. Trust me. You will regret it if you go TMobile!!

Today August 9th, 2017, I talked to a customer service representative for the 15th time. The Representative change my OLD number to a NEW number with out permission. (My son's line was the one that needed the change NOT mines. I need my OLD number back ASAP as this is a BUSINESS LINE, the first representative told me that the process length would be during the first 24 hours through an email that I should follow. Because I did not receive this mail, I called one more time and the second representative told me that this process length would be done in 3 HOURS!!! As a loyal customer during the last 7 years, I can tell that I will not recommend this company to anyone!! PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM and GIVE ME MY OLD NUMBER BACK. THIS IS A HUGE MISTAKE by your Company.

I switched from ATT to T-Mobile after they assured me I would get service where I lived. Wrong... No service and pretty much lousy service all over. I switched back and asked for credit. They gave me 10 bucks big whoop! What good is unlimited data plan if you can connect anywhere. Ripoff T-Mobile.com.

I shouldn't have taken the horrible service of the so called top service network provider T-Mobile. I ordered for 2 new connections along with 2 new phones, on 8/6/2017 they took the order. By the time I am going to pay the bill they said that the billing section is closed. We will continue the next day. I got a call on 8/7/2017 and they sent me a document of the proof which I signed and made the payment for both phones and new connections too. They took my shipping address on both the days while filling the application form. As courtesy for making my billing late they did a 1-day shipping.

I got a mail on 8/8/2017 saying that my order is been shipped, when I checked the shipping details the order is shipped to wrong address. When I contacted T-Mobile customer service they are saying that the order is already placed and call the Shipping services UPS to change your shipping address, when I called UPS they said that we didn't received the order yet call T-Mobile to change the shipping address. I again called T-Mobile. After 50 minutes in call they simply said that create a account in UPS My Choice and change delivery address, after creating account in UPS My Choice also I was unable to change my shipping address. The order is going to be shipped by 8/9/2017 by 3 pm itself, what I have to do if that shipment is shipped to the wrong address.

On single day for almost 2 hours I am in call with both T-mobile and UPS to rectify my problem from my side itself but it didn't worked. I think that to rectify a problem that T-mobile has created to me I should take a day off from my work, lose my one day pay and talk with them from morning to evening, but still these will not respond to the issue the customer is facing. I paid my bill, but still I am not getting a basic service like shipping the product also from T-mobile even for the new customer also. How can I expect these people will do correct billing in future, now I have to stick to this horrible T-mobile connection for 24 months from now on wards.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

There was a promotion on Black Friday and I bought 2 phones one being a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (I traded in a S5 for it) and a iPhone 7 (Which also had a S5 traded in for it). Every month in my statement there was supposed to be a credit, they did it for a few months then they stopped. They said I didn't qualify when I called them I'm not sure why. On my statement I'm still paying a full phone. I call many times and everyone has a different story, they have no idea how to work. Plus, now they want to change my plan and I refuse to do so.

I am going to Canada next week for a two week stint and am currently with US Cellular. Yesterday was my last day off before I leave. While in Canada I will not have access to wifi or landline phones. I wanted to be able to communicate with my family without it costing $0.60/MB. I saw the ad for T-Mobile saying they'd pay off your current phone if you switched service, and that they had free voice/text/data roaming in Canada. I also saw that they had the new Galaxy S8 and there was a deal where if you bought two they'd give you a $750 gift card. I called customer service that morning to inquire whether I could use both promotions (the phone payoff and the $750 gift card) and they assured me that I could. I also confirmed and reconfirmed the plan would be what I needed. I asked the other general questions about porting the numbers, how long it takes to get the gift card, etc. My questions were answered satisfactorily at that time.

Feeling optimistic, I called the closest T-Mobile Store which was an hour away. I verified that they had two S8's in stock and let them know that I would be down once my wife got out of work. They told me everything would be good to go, and that once I paid we would submit for the gift card before we left the store. Fast forward to just before 6pm. I had picked up my wife and we were at the T-Mobile store which closes at 8pm, along with our 4 month old son. The person I had spoken on the phone with (who was the asst. manager) had noticed me and acknowledged why we were there - so far so good. There was a couple in line ahead of us, so we waited, again, no problem. Finally it was our turn. The process went very slowly which I attribute to the employee being new. The employee then mis-explained a thing about wifi calling which my wife then interpreted as something more of a full time "hot-spot" that we couldn't shut off.

It was a slight annoyance, which I assured to my wife was not the case. Then the employee tried to sell me on the next higher plan, kudos to him, but he made it sound like the Canada and Mexico roaming was not available on the first level of the plan (which it absolutely is). Okay, fine, new at the job I get it. At this point I'm a little annoyed, but hanging in there. Meanwhile another couple was dealing with the other new employee - having about as much luck as we were. We had been there for nearly 40 minutes at this point. Then the first issue, they couldn't process the credit report to get the financing for the phone... They had entered my SSN incorrectly. Okay, typos happen, no biggie. That took about 15 minutes to fix. At this point the assistant manager left and it was just us, the two new-ish employees and the other couple that were trying to buy a phone.

Finally, with the credit bit fixed and having to state my SSN out loud in the store no less than 13 times, and writing it down for them, it was time to bring out the phones. The first phone wouldn't activate, it took 10 minutes before they realized the sim card doesn't come installed. SIM card is now installed. My number gets ported over... But there's an issue, my wife's number had been added to my SIM as a virtual line - another call out to customer service, another wait, and then start the process over. Suddenly, a lady bursts in the store asking for a cell phone charger and jumps ahead of us mid-transaction. Rather than have the lady wait her turn, all of our stuff was put on hold, while she tried out several different chargers and couldn't get them to work. Now it's almost closing time, and my number is ported over, and it's time to do my wife's number - sorry, can't do it.

My wife was devastated, we've each had our numbers for over a decade and this was the first time EVER that we had any issue porting the number over. She reluctantly agreed to get a new number. Finally, the phones were all set - kind of. Time to redeem the code for the gift card - account not found. Tried it again using a different PIN (not the one I set up), account not found. Again with the SSN - account not found... Another call to customer service, "sorry, but we can't process that. You'll have to wait 24 hours and try again." No thank you. I don't have any more time off. At this point we've been in the store for two hours. My baby is hungry and starting to get fussy. I tell them that the gift card is a deal breaker and I want to cancel the entire transaction. They said they couldn't do it. I told them that my wife and I were willing to wait while they found a way. Needless to say, they could do it, but they didn't want to.

I asked them to refund my credit card the nearly $200, and they gave me a refund receipt that was more than $80 less than what I had been charged. I brought the issue up and they told me not to worry about it. I'm a pretty reasonable guy, but at this point I had developed a trust issue. I asked that they write their name and employee number down on the receipt and annotate that I was supposed to receive a refund in the total amount. Now, for whatever reason, maybe just a coincidence, the employee decided to write his name and employee number down, then use a different color pen to write the difference due back. Could be a coincidence, but based on how this transaction has gone thus far I'm not taking any chances. They decide to call the manager. Now it's well past closing time, my 4 month old is balling his eyes out because he's hungry. This has gone on too long.

I talk to the manager who made it a point to say that I was wasting my time and could be like him and be at home with my family rather than standing my ground. He said he was doing me a favor by not charging the restocking fee and he guaranteed me that I would get the full amount refunded. (I would later overhear him tell the employee to just do a reset and treat the phones as new, sorry future customer that gets a phone with my prints all over the screen.) I explained to him that a verbal guarantee meant absolutely nothing without written proof, especially based on the events so far. His attitude on the phone was rude, insulting and inconvenienced. At this point I asked him how it worked that as a manager, he would leave the store to be run by two new employees. He said he had done all he could do and that I should just leave and there was no reason for him to come in.

I asked for a statement or anything from the finance company that showed that I was not responsible for paying the $1500 for the two S8's, "Sorry we can't do that." - Yeah right, try again. This resulted with more phone calls to customer service while we waited, simply trying to get our account canceled. I asked for the district manager's contact information at this point - this is when I was made aware that the employees never hung up with the manager and that I had secretly been on speaker phone the whole time. It's funny how the tune changes from "We can't do that" to "Here you go sir" the second you mention a district manager. The manager actually decided that he would drive in and assist his team at this point. He was there within 5 minutes. After we had been waiting for 3 hours, he was there in 5 minutes. It took him about 2-3 minutes to get the documentation that I had requested and we were on our way.

Fast forward to today. I'm at work, can't leave and my phone still isn't working because T-Mobile hasn't released my number for the port back to US Cellular yet... I can tell you that I prepared as much as possible to know exactly what I wanted before even heading to the store. I called ahead and made sure everything was all set and did my best to be the easiest customer they could ever want. I hate being "that guy," I can count on one hand the number of times I've been this upset with any customer service of any type in the past 15 years and two of those experiences are with T-Mobile (the other being about 10-15 years ago). I now remember why I left, and cannot for the life of me understand how they could be rated number 1 in any type of customer service. If they competed against swine flu, I would vote for swine flu over them.

This company is a complete joke. Mindless sheep who could care less about reality, or justice, in the T-Mobile world all that matters is company policy and how best to take advantage of their own customers. I've been a customer for almost 2 years, recently I got myself a new phone, actually my 3rd phone. So I head over to the T-Mobile store to pickup a sim card and this thing going... I should've known better, for a simple trip to the cell phone store always turns into a walk thru of a new car sales lot... Blah blah blah blah these reps are really trying to sell me a new phone, when I have one in my hand trying to turn it on... Finally I get the answer I'm looking for...."Yes we have a sim card for sale, and the price is $50." WTF I think, $50 for a sim card, yup trying to get over on me... I should've known better... I head home, get online and within 2 minutes I'm in the check out cart with my new sim, for only $10... That's $40 savings, wow T-Mobile is a bunch of **!!

Whatever I press purchase, and my auto notification goes off. Money has been debited from my card... But...T-Mobile has come up with some dumb error... Call the 800 number... So I do just that, and after literally being passed 5 different times, I learn that some stupid error happen that nobody can explain, and that I can't make this purchase online, I have to go back to the store... "Wait," I say, "so you're saying I'm gonna have to spend $40 extra dollars for no reason just cause you guys have some stupid glitch you can't explain... You gotta be kidding me..." Well long story short, I'm passed around literally 6 more times till finally someone just puts me out of my misery and hangs up on me... As it stands now. I went on to Amazon and bought my $10 sim, however unbelievably T-Mobile mislabeled my package and now it's lost... They lost a one day ship Amazon prime ship... Unreal... So now they still haven't cancelled my online order, or refunded my money...

They still won't let me buy anything online, and maintain that I must buy from the store... Soooooo I cancelled my account and walked... Took my 3 cell phones, 3 tablets, 4 hotspots to a competitor... And now in my off time I write rants about how crappy T-Mobile is, and how I've taken up T-Mobile bashing to anyone that will listen as a hobby... If I could turn it into a full paid profession I would... There is no company with worse customer service, and worst general logic than this band of idiots... If it wouldn't put many people out of work, I'd be the first one on the charge to have them fined and disbanded for crimes against intelligence...** T-Mobile... This is post 287 and counting... Maybe I'll slow down around a thousand...

Today July 31, 2017, I talked to a customer service representative ONE MORE TIME to unlock my phone. I need to do this before August 3 because otherwise I would need to pay the month. However, the first representative told me that the process length would be during the first 24 hours through an email that I should follow. Because I did not receive this mail, I called one more time and the second representative told me that this process length would be 14 days!!! Folks, I feel depressed and unsatisfied. As a loyal customer during the last 2 years, I can tell that I will not recommend this company to anyone!!

TMobile continues to amaze me on how they stay in business with the worst customer service ever in history - period! The agents are unwilling or untrained to help solve issues. They look at their own customers as a threat and rather than help, they make the interaction as difficult as possible. Can they please be sent to courtesy school, for starters?

I have been with T-Mobile since 2002 and relocated. Unfortunately there is no signal to stay with them. I have to disconnect their service. They gave me cheap free phone as promotion. They charge me all phones that was the said it was free. I called customer service and transferred to different departments with no help. I end up paying over 600 dollars. Plus every month they charge me few dollars and increase my bill and I had to call them. I do not recommend to any one to use their service.

T-Mobile has sent my balance to collection without informing me or presenting me with a final bill and I figure they are just being spiteful because I switched to Sprint. I requested a final bill as I inform them that I had switched to Sprint and no longer require their service. Instead of sending me a final bill they sent it to their collection and I was only aware of it when I saw it on my credit. Immediately I called T-Mobile and paid the amount with my credit card on the phone and after over 4 months it's still on my credit report and T-Mobile and their collection agency refuse to give me a detail final bill so Sprint can refund my $430 or to have it removed from my account. Until today I'm not sure why and what I paid for. All they are now telling me is that there is a 00 balance on my account and they no other record. THIS IS CERTAINLY HIGHWAY ROBBERY.

I have been a T-Mobile customer for numerous years. I would always tell them how awesome they are, called them every month to make a payment. NOW, I believe they have been outsourced. The last two months have been crazy. Last month, I tried to pay my bill via phone, she barely spoke English, very hard to understand. I never got my text confirmations like I used to get. THEN, today I wanted to make my usual payment, they wanted $9.00 for the fee on top of my payment! They now charge a fee for a phone call payment. I believe everyone deserves a job, but not to our detriment. Still haven't received a confirmation of payment text. Unreal. I will be changing carriers. What happened in the last two months is unacceptable. I am very disappointed in them.

I had T-Mobile well over 10 yrs, had to cancel due to no reception in Tx. Upon canceling T-Mobile gave me a hard time when asked if they would unlock my phone so I could use with another carrier, I spoke to several people and was told to give them 10days. Upon calling back they said I had never called when I had it on my recent calls with time and that they didn't know why I was told. Then I cancel my last line and was told that my final bill would be 128. When I didn't receive a bill I called and they had the wrong address and then was told I owed over 200.00 and that they do not know nor should I have been told what my final bill would be.

They would not reverse nor lower the bill because the account has been closed. Their customer representatives are never the same and in the evenings and early morning they are out of the country and never know who they really are or their supervisors. When you do talk to a supervisor you will be told nothing can be done or that you never called. After 10 years and 5 lines I will never get their service again nor will I recommend them.

Fourteen years with T-Mobile always hoping I would have coverage in most major areas of this country. It was not to be. T-Mobile confirmed I would have coverage in Europe as well; never happened. With regret I have moved to another carrier. The final insult - although the last service was a mere seven days, T-Mobile indicated they do NOT prorate service and charge for the entire month. This should be reported as fraud on the consumer! Happy to have left this low level company.

I moved to Las Vegas NV over a month ago. I have been trying every week to get T-Mobile to change my phone number to a Las Vegas area code. Every time they say that there is an error with their system and they can not change it. This is unacceptable to me.

I've been noticing other people have been writing about similar experiences and I agree their insurance policy is a complete fraud and scam and this needs to be exposed because what they're doing is despicable! My daughter got a brand-new iPhone 6 for her birthday which she lost so I had to get a replacement phone through the insurance policy that I bought for the phone and then on top of that I had to pay a $275 deductible. So they sent her a Phone and it starts overheating and starts draining battery. So we take it to an Apple store and they check it out and informed me that the phone had missing screws in the taptic engine and that pieces of the phone fell out when they opened it and it had a third-party battery. And then later the phone just died.

I call T-Mobile customer service so they could replace the replacement phone so they send the phone to a T-Mobile store which, by the way, had one of the most rudest, Incompetent managers I've ever seen who actually even tried to threaten and intimidate me. So the replacement of the replacement starts overheating immediately and they tell me it's because it's downloading all the apps. But one of the girls that works there who is actually the only nice person there says if there's a problem to call T-Mobile customer service and then come back.

So as soon as we leave the store the battery starts draining. I call T-Mobile customer service after 2 1/2 hours of being switched from T-Mobile customer service to AppleCare and back again and having to tell this ridiculous story to about six different reps they want to send me another refurbished phone. But What I want to know is how is it OK to send a refurbished phone to replace a brand-new one that was lost? And after sending two defective refurbish phones why would you even consider sending another refurbished phone. I mean when does it end? It's a ridiculous scam and I hope they're exposed for it.

I paid for service I did not receive for more than 2 years. Where I live and work was and still is not a 4g lte area it's 2g - 3g. I was lied to from the beginning. They said for more than a year that a new tower is in and will be active and then said it is active. The tower is 100 yards away no one has worked on it. My phones don't connect to it. I received 1 free month of service out of the 2 plus years. My neighbor has the same service and has received 13 months of free service now he has recorded a rep telling him that T-Mobile has been lying to him that the tower is not scheduled to go online till the end of July 2017 to receive 4g.

I feel that T-Mobile owes me a refund of 2 years of half my payments at least. They have lied and ripped me off for a lot of my hard earned cash and don't care. Customers need to know how they operate first hand. T-Mobile is the worst provider and they will rip you off. All they care about is money. I myself am going to take them to court and I will win.

I have had T-Mobile for about 8 months. I started their service on black Friday (Nov 26, 2016). There were advertising $35/line and you need to have 4 lines (total $140). I had insurance on one line for $12/per month. At store they told me my monthly bill will be $152 + tax. Well for the last several months we have been in dispute about incorrectly billed charges. The customer service fix the billing issue for the month but they never fix the problem. Now they been charging me $194/months and telling me either to take it or leave it. I have spoken to several people in retention department about removing these extra charges permanently from my bill, but I have had no luck. T-Mobile is fraud. Please do not believe their advertisement, you will pay much more down the road.

T-Mobile has got to be the worst network there is. I wonder how they are still in business. A few weeks ago, I started having issues accessing my data. I called T-Mobile and they apparently couldn't figure out what was wrong. They said there may be an outage in my area and to give it a couple days. I gave it a week and still no luck. I reached out to T-Mobile again and they suggested resetting my phone to factory setting, I did but still didn't fix the issue. They suggested changing my simcard - again still didn't resolve the issue. I finally went to an actual T-Mobile store after 2wks+ with this issue and was told that T-Mobile had updated its towers and my phone is no longer compatible.

They wanted me to upgrade my Samsung note 4 to a Samsung galaxy 6. They wanted to sell me a phone in order to remain on their network, ha! I went to AT&T and guess what, my phone was "compatible" with their network. The plan was even cheaper than T-Mobile and AT&T has MUCH BETTER SIGNAL than T-Mobile! I'm more mad that I wasted 3yrs with T-Mobile but I am glad this happened otherwise I would have remained with this miserable network. Oh and the customer service is not helpful at all.

I made International through WhatsApp from my PA, USA on 07/16/17, T-Mobile considered it as a Regular Emergency International Call & Charged $111.00 Plus Taxes & Fees $16.42 (Total $127.42) for 37 minutes of Talk. I called them, CR says it is Valid charge & they are NOT responsible for Apps call even if Data was ON & used. If we call from another country to US then T-Mobile charges for $0.20 per minute but from US to another country is $3.0 per minute. Which is ridiculous amount & ripping off customers.

T-Mobile has not unlocked one of the iPhones. The request to UNLOCK the phones was put in on Saturday. Today is Thursday, I was just now told it would take an additional 24-72 hours to unlock the phone. Signing up for T-mobile, we were told for every smart phone we turned in we would be given $300 off the price of a new iPhone 6. Also we could exchange the iPhone 6 for the 6S when it arrived. Wrong on both accounts. We exchanged three smartphones for three new iPhone 6S'. When the bill was higher than expected I called T-mobile on four separate occasions. At first they told me about how much money I was saving. The original contract was so confusing. Needed a Wacker Drive lawyer to understand it. How were bills of $286 a month saving me money?

After a second call I was told we were saving only $200 per trade in smartphone. So that's why the bill was higher than expected. For these discussions people I spoke with were rude, telling me I was getting a good deal while I was paying way too much for T-Mobile phones and service. Two of the iPhone 6 models were upgraded to the 6S. I was told in the T-Mobile store at the time of upgrade no additional cost would be added. Wrong again. They added more months of payment to the plan. The iPhone 6 cost $649 in total between monthly payments and a buyout price of $163 (not including tax & etc.). Two iPhone 6S each cost $784 with the monthly payments plus the buyout. (Total buyout costs with tax & etc. $413.39 for the two 6S phones.) Total cost for phones (3 iPhones, 1 used Samsung) $2517. Not including Tax. Total cost for 23 months With T-MOBILE ~ $6,000. So glad to leave T-MOBILE.

A little good news, the last three customer service people I spoke were professional, understanding, much improved over the customer service folks I spoke to during the first nine months or so. I paid the money and I've feel ripped off. Never to go on any monthly plan with new phones again. Signed up with Cricket Wireless for $100/month, unlimited text, talk & 4 gigs of data. Total cost taxes and etc. included in the $100. No Contract! Way to go Cricket Wireless. T-Mobile has offered me a similar plan. NO Way!!

Since T-Mobile merged with Metro PCS they are so under powered you can't keep a phone call going. At least with Wifi calling I could get around that because there wasn't service in my neighborhood... until I bought my own phone off Amazon (unlocked) and suddenly my Wifi calling was gone! Now I have no service and their lousy service wouldn't let me use the Wifi calling that was in my new phone. Bummer. (They don't like it when you don't spend hundreds of dollars on their phone. The LG I bought and paid for with T-Mobile was replaced twice for breaking down so I bought a phone I wanted for $200 off Amazon and I love it.)

We left and went to ATT where my phone works fine and has Wifi calling again but the worst was yet to come! My husband's iPhone was paid for and we wanted to unlock it and move the service to ATT. It took them 2 WEEKS to unlock his phone. The first week was spent with us requesting an unlock every day and every day they said it would happen. Nothing. The next week we repeatedly ask for an unlock and come to find out they were refusing to unlock until we paid our closing bill of $132. Had nothing to do with the phone, they just wanted us to close out the bill. We were hostage to T-Mobile but never again.

Disappointing to receive a text message from T-Mobile that I have 5 dollar discount for each account upon enrolling to autopay. Today I was notified that I'm not eligible for a nonsense reason. Why would you send a notification that you can honor? Fake information is not business!!!

My nephew has his cell phone service with T-Mobile. Almost 3 years ago I bought him the iPhone 5S which he had for almost 3 years. His mother had him on her T-Mobile account and was paying $7.99 for the phone insurance coverage. During this past winter, his cell phone started freezing up, the corner of the glass started lifting up (a common problem with iPhones I guess because for a while Apple was replacing them for free), etc. So, I filed a claim for him through Assurant. They replaced the phone March 31 with a refurbished model along with a $175 deductible. Total cost: $240 paid in issuance plus $175 deductible for a total of $415.

Less than 3 months after receiving the refurbished phone, it too started acting up. Screen freezing, would dial random number on its own, white lines down the left hand side of the screen, etc. I emailed Assurant about the problem. Their answer: "We show your device is still in the 180 warranty, so please contact the T-Mobile warranty line at 800-937-8997".

So I called T-Mobile. One and one-half hours later, after being switched to 4 different people repeating the saga over and over, the 4th and final rep (who was a T-Mobile Apple specialist) said he was sorry, but I had to contact Assurant for a replacement. Called Assurant again, and after 30 minutes with them was told they werent responsible for their replacement phones unless there was physical damage and if there was that would be another $175. I picked up my nephew the following day and had him with me when we tried Assurant again by phone. Another half hour while the rep checked with her supervisors and came back with the same story. Take it to T-Mobile.

So on to T-Mobile. Went to a T-Mobile affiliate in Weymouth, MA and was told sorry, they couldnt do anything. It was Assurant's problem. The next day I took his phone to an official T-Mobile company owned store in Braintree, MA. After waiting to talk to someone, the rep was very helpful and said, based on looking at the phone, they would replace it at no charge, BUT (big BUT), after another 30 minutes decided the real problem was that after the replacement phone was sent out in early April, my nephew had gone to prepaid with T-Mobile so the system wouldnt let him replace the phone.

The rep was great and talked to multiple people at the great T-Mobile office in the sky. Even though he had my nephew's phone in hand, saw the problems, corporate couldnt/wouldnt do anything because he had switched plans and now it was up to the store manager who wouldnt be in until that afternoon. The store rep took my info and cell number and promised the manager would call me that afternoon. 2 days later I am still waiting.

What I dont understand is, the warranty is for the phone, NOT the calling plan. Seriously, what difference does the calling plan have to do with a defective phone as long as you are still with the same carrier? As far as I am concerned, these phone insurance plans and the way they are handled are essentially legal extortionist scams to bilk consumers. After getting over $400 in monthly payments and deductibles over 2 and a half years, now they wont even replace a defective refurbished phone that hasnt lasted 3 months!

My nephew will soon get a new phone with a birthday coming up, but it will never be with T-Mobile. And I personally will never have anything to do with T-Mobile. With customer service like T-Mobile, you should run, not walk, as fast as you can from this company. I dont know if there are any federal regulatory agencies which handle these complaints, or compile them, but that will be my next step. It is not the amount money involved, which in the great scheme of things isnt huge, but the principle that a responsible company should have an obligation to treat its customers with respect and stand behind their products and services. In this case with T-Mobile, that was a big fail.

I have been a T-Mobile customer since 3 years and although it's never been the greatest experience, I have always kept being their customer. However, recently (one year to today) their service started to really perform badly. My data doesn't work well most of the time and it has a speed that it is so slow that often fails to load the simplest web page. After contacting them, they have been literally playing with my patience for 3 months, where every couple of hours of support they would switch assistant and we would need to start all over. This for THREE MONTHS. It's been insane. I asked them to fix my service, and they didn't and I asked them to get a refund since I was paying for a service that they didn't provide. To this day, there is been no help from them and my service keeps performing badly. It's not been a couple of week. But 1 year. Worst carrier ever. T-Mobile is ruining my life.

Here is my latest issue w/ T-Mobile: In June 2017, called to ask if I can UPGRADE two lines to Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus and get the buy one get one free offer. Rep on phone claimed "ABSOLUTELY". I double checked, "UPGRADE right? I don't need any new lines." Rep confirmed. Completed the transaction, paid for both phones in full. Expecting to get cost of one phone back via pre-paid card in a few weeks. Got a text the next day congratulating me on adding two new lines!!! I called T-Mobile right away. The rep on the phone said the new lines are TEMPORARY and indeed I am in the process of upgrading and they will go away after upgrade. I said "OK, call over."

Two weeks later, I get the preliminary bill. Lo and behold, two new lines are still on there!!! I call T-Mobile again. This time I am told that there was no UPGRADE offer... it was always an offer to buy 1 get 1 phone free if I ADD lines!!! At this point I am mad. They transfer me to customer loyalty. I get the same story. I asked how this will be resolved... I am told I need to keep one new line active, they will cancel the other one - but if they cancel both lines - I won't get the $790 rebate!!! Oh and I also learn that I had to actually visit some website and enter a promo code and APPLY for the rebate. The rep that processed the FAKE UPGRADE never informed me of this so I would have been waiting for weeks to get the rebate and never receive it - all while paying for a bogus line that I never asked for in the first place!

Beware, of these dishonest business practices by T-Mobile reps. Didn't Wells Fargo get in trouble for doing this sort of stuff - creating new accounts for customers that never asked for them. If anyone from T-Mobile reads this and wants to dispute my statements, please review the call recordings from my calls. The rep that processed the fake upgrade should be reprimanded or fired. If rep was just doing what management was driving - other significant steps should be taken to remedy.

I'm a single mother and have two children that although they were too young to have their own phone I got them each one anyway since it would give them the freedom to call their father or myself when they were going back and forth. For 13 months I had automatic payment set up and without fail they would shut down their lines. I invested so much time each moth to correct this and finally had to make a decision if we would continue or go elsewhere. After talking to their departments for over 2 hours I decided to give them an opportunity to see me show them LOYALTY and see if it made a difference. I was very clear on those details AND IT SADLY DIDN'T MATTER AND NOW WE ARE IN A BIGGER BIND THAN EVER. I can't imagine how they keep their customers and I feel very sorry for the great employees since their only as good as their company and T-Mobile could care less.

They offer you a cell phone that is supposedly free, but not. You pay a financed phone, but it turns out not, it's just rented. Before purchasing any product with this company, carefully review what you sign, they will cheat you of any form.

Went to my local store to receive a quote, they automatically pulled my credit to let me know I did qualify for the service. They went ahead and gave me the price quote for 3 lines. We didn't decided to do anything at the moment. Left. 2 months later I receive a huge bill of $310.00 when we never received or agreed to their services or bought any phones. When I received the bill I called the **. Was transferred 6 times to different people. Was the phone for 1 whole hour. Never recommend T-Mobile to anyone! Horrible company!

T-Mobile Company Profile