1.67/5

T-Mobile Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

5177 T-Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Don't trust T-Mobile after they abused taking money out of my account after being enrolled in auto PPO and took 3 months to fix and never received compensation. Cannot get my phone unlock even though I paid it off but because I purchased 2 new inhale and have not used my old phone it does not qualify to be unlocked. Very frustrated on how they treat local customers that have been active and in good standing for 20 years. I guess it's time we reach the end. I looked at Verizon who have better coverage and same plans as T-Mobile. Same cost. They also unlock your phone when you pay it off. Don't worry about it not being used, they appreciate their customers' purchases.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I called to ask about my uncovered claim. My account is prepaid so in my assumption, this was all handled in a separate department. Since I already exceeded my claim, I simply and politely asked whether it is possible that I can get a refund if I want to cancel the insurance. After 10 minute hold in silence, I was directed to the manager "Chris," just "Chris." He then explained to me the concept of insurance and how it works in a condescending voice. He took 10 minutes implying that I should be grateful for the service. Then he patronizing, asking if I plan to cancel the insurance service right now.

After using T-mobile for 10 years, this experience compels me to write this review. I want to let people know about bad customer service from one single terrible manager. "Chris" refused to give me any direct contact so unfortunately I can't file this complain directly to T-Mobile. I'm not complaining about the claim that I'm not covered. This complaint is about the terrible way to handle a customer's simple question from a manager.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

T-Mobile is one of the worst companies for customer service I have ever encountered. For instance, I bought my iPhone outright from a T-Mobile store, yet 18 months later it took FIVE phone calls to customer service to unlock my phone. T-Mobile had misregistered my iPhone serial number as a Verizon phone. Additionally, T-Mobile made me pay a last bill, even though I had shut down service, then turn around and said I had a $69.85 credit, which I was never properly refunded. When I call their Customer Service about the missing refund, T-Mobile was going to make me call Citibank to reissue the check (if T-Mobile had been willing to give me a credit to my credit card number, WHICH T-Mobile HAD ON RECORD, a check never would have been necessary). Horrible, incompetent customer service. Avoid T-Mobile!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Let the buyer beware of purchasing the phone insurance thru T-Mobile. I purchased a T-Mobile brand LGG3 phone. When I added it to my account, it included phone insurance. Today, my phone has a black screen. Sometimes the base screen will display but will fade to black. T-mobile will not honor their insurance, which I can document in effect since December 2017. When I asked for my money back, I was told that's it is their policy to give bill credit only. When I complained they hurried up and deducted 3 months insurance payments from my bill. I have filed a complaint with the FCC.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

My issue is that they are charging me for things I NEVER used on my account. They had my monthly bill over $315 for 3 lines: 1 iPhone XS, 1 iPhone 7, and an outdated Windows phone... Tell me that's a FAIR PRICE! So after spending 2 hours on the phone with them in the TM store on a Saturday (day off work) I was able to get the billing dept Manager (now I realize he wasn't a manager) to agree to lowering my bill to $220/month (with dropping some features that I would never use, lol!).

This month my new bill is now $285. I am sick of these liars. I have been a customer for 6 years and I guess they don't appreciate having loyal customers. So now I'm leaving for a better deal which won't be hard to find. Businesses these days just lie to you and don't care and have no accountability whatsoever - pass the buck as always. There is nothing new about these technology companies compared to all the past businesses that lied to it's customers for years - they just talk a different game of bait and switch tactics and try to make it sound like they have "empathy"... Please stop with your BS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

T-Mobile customer service is horrible. They have no knowledge of anything. Their store representatives also claims that their customer service is horrible and T-Mobile does not provide any kind of access to the store managers and when you call to the customer service, they will ask you to go to the store. It took 3 hours for me to get my account activated and during this whole process they have kept my call from one representative to another representative. After spending 3 hours on phone, they misspelled my incorrect name and when I asked during the same call that the spelling of my name is incorrect, they asked me to go to the store to get it fixed.

What the heck, you just created my account, you just activated my account. On top of that you just executed hard check on my credit score and during the same call I told you that you misspelled my name, now what is the reason why I need to go to the store to get the correct spelling of my name. Now after spending 3 hours on phone with you now I have to go to the store. I had the same experience in past also with their customer service. Stay away from this company. Horrible customer care.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

T-Mobile could not unlock my phone despite it being paid off and 6 hours on the phone trying to correct it. I finally had to pay over 2k to switch to another carrier as T-Mobile had broken their contract by not unlocking my phone. I explained this to T-Mobile and they agree to discharge my balances still owed and that I owe nothing. I keep getting bills in the mail that I owe 76.00 and I keep calling them and they agree I don't owe anything, until today. I got another bill and now they are saying this is a valid charge despite being told I owe nothing twice, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was on hold for 10 minutes and then they hung up on me! It's like, "Hey you don't owe us anything." Then 3 months later, "Hey just kidding." This is **! I hate T-Mobile. It seemed I had to call them almost every month for some billing error or another for years. I finally switched to Verizon because of it.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

The worst customer service ever. They hung up phones and shooting on customers. Lack of professionalism and respect from your agents. I faced a lot of technical issue and I understand that was an accident. But what I never expected is the lack of professionalism and respect from your agents, I'm requesting you to open a serious investigation about those beginners agent and to take disciplinary actions.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Well it never fails, epic failure on communicating to a customer about changes in your plan. My bill for one line was $56, underneath my nose T-Mobile changed it to $75.00 and forgets to let you know of the changes. Bad business to a customer of over 10 years! Looking into changing service provider! Not happy!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I’m on a cruise for 15 days with my family to Hawaii, I had cell service which I assumed was my 25 cents per minute international calling since I was in international waters. I did not receive a text notifying me what my rate was. I didn’t receive anything from the ship stating what the rate is. I made a phone call I thought was $40, the next morning nearly 24 hours later I get a text telling me my bill is at $973 and I need to call customer service to keep from having my phone turned off.

So I call to find out I’ve been charged $6 per minute. They put me on hold for over thirty minutes at $6 a minute and when I inquired if I was getting charged they said no, that was not true! Then they shut my phone off anyway! Leaving me with no cell service while I was on vacation. I had to spend my first day of vacation finding a T-Mobile store to turn my phone back on, even though I did everything they told me to do and have never fallen behind on payments they shut my phone off anyway.

They told me they’d settle the bill for $620, then charged me almost $1300 then said the best they could do was take off $200, then offered me 9 monthly payments of over $200 per month with a downpayment upfront. I told them it’s not just about the money but about the principle! They blamed me, took no responsibility for all of their misinformation, or for the fact that I was never notified within 15 minutes of my rates as I should have been. In the end I paid $480 to pay off my phone and $1100 for the bill and I’m switching to Verizon. They don’t care. Buyer beware! They do not care about customer service and no one knows anything!! Terrible experience!

T-Mobile Company Information