3.35/5
Based on 1,900 ratings submitted in the last year

T-Mobile Reviews

5252 T-Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 24, 2019

In Jan 2019 we elected to switch from AT&T to T-Mobile at the deal that was offered to us by their salesperson. When the time came for us to obtain our rebates for the 4 phones we traded in, $1800, we received only $750. After much back and forth with the store and online support, it turns out that the salesperson did these things to get us to sign with no intention of the company following through on her promises. Now she claims to have no memory of our account. Odd because just one week ago she was very clear. In the presence of us and her boss, she did not speak, she said she didn’t know what we were referring to. You make the guess at what kind of scam they and she are playing. T-Mobile refuses to honor her guarantees and we are out $1,100. Buyer beware.

Original review: April 24, 2019

February 2018 I moved to Ecuador. I kept T-Mobile until I could establish phone service in Ecuador. When I visited the States last October, I called T-Mobile customer service to cancel my service. My daughters were on my account, so I gave permission to transfer their lines to them and gave permission for them to make changes (set up their own accounts with their existing phone numbers). I was told that because the billing cycle did not end until November the cancellation would not go into effect until then. The account was never cancelled by T-Mobile and T-Mobile continued to bill my credit card. My credit card was billed in December for the November bill. However, when T-Mobile continued to bill my card in January and February, I made a call from Ecuador at my expense and was on the phone for quite a long time talking to customer service, who assured me the account would be cancelled and even reimbursed me for the January billing.

Upon arrival in the US for another visit, I had mail waiting for me stating my phone service had been terminated for lack of payment and that I had a total balance of $380.76 and threatening to turn me over to a credit collections agency. I called T-Mobile and the customer service representative wanted to talk excessively instead of just taking care of my problem. When I complained to her about this, she got even more talkative and very defensive. I did not call her to be her friend, I just wanted my problem solved. I lost confidence that she knew what she was doing and repeatedly asked to speak to someone else or to a supervisor. She denied each request.

I have NO confidence that my account has been cancelled and I am VERY upset that my account has been tagged as cancelled for lack of payment. I did my part to cancel this account. T-Mobile did not do theirs. It leads me to think that T-Mobile is hoping to prey on customers that do not check their credit card statements closely. Bottom line, I will never use T-Mobile again, even though I was a customer for NUMEROUS years. Their customer service representatives are poorly trained OR their electronic system is extremely messed up.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2019

This is the poorest store experience I've ever had. It would be dangerous to use T-Mobile if you ever need your phone for any kind of emergency service. T-Mobile service would might not be reliable if your child was in an accident or your parent or grandparent had a cardiac event. I recommend any other reliable service such as Verizon and most other service and product providers. The Reston, VA 1837 Fountain Drive store is only available to sell products. The manager at that store, **, is unable to do the simplest maintenance or provide even the simplest information on T-Mobile services or products. Not only is there no customer service, the products are overpriced and of very poor quality. Three or four people work in the store but only ** is able to answer even very simple questions.

Original review: April 24, 2019

T-Mobile has the most deceitful practices, bad signal, I lost many assignments as a result of not getting the message and voice messages on time, would get my texts after 2 days and when called about it, they don't seem to care at all. I can write a book on how bad this company is. I had auto pay and they kept charging me for insurance coverage even after I cancelled over the phone, inside store. Some reps didn't even save the notes that I called.

I have had headaches and chest pains trying to get my point across to their reps. One rep promise he would cancel, he would remove insurance charges and will call me but no one called me. For the 4th time I called again, after charging and robbing me of my money for a year at 10+ bucks a month. Almost $110.00. They refunded 24 bucks only in words not really reflecting in any of my billing statements. There isn't enough space or time for me to write bad review on this Horrible and deceitful shameless company!!!

Original review: April 24, 2019

Be careful, they will block your cell phone even when you pay off everything, and you decide to go to another company. They do this, to force you to go back with them. This happened to me. When I move for another company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: April 23, 2019

I have had T-Mobile for several years because they made it impossible to switch. Made me pay for a phone I couldn't use because they refused to take a cracked phone back without making me pay to replace the whole phone. That was with the iPhone 7. Now I Have an iPhone 10S Max and my screen protector cracked. I go to replace it and there is no one in the entirety of Fort Worth who has the screen I need and that if it's not the same screen I can't get my guaranteed replacement. I asked them if there was any stipulations or requirements to get the screen replaced at time of purchase and they said no. Now I've had to wait a few days for their shipments to get there just to see if they will have something in stock for me.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Before signing any agreement with T-Mobile, make sure you are aware that should you decide to change carriers, they will lock your phone. Doesn't matter if your phone is paid for. Doesn't matter if your account is current. Should you decide to change carriers, understand that it may take several days before they decide you can use your phone again. Evidently, if you've ever used their service, they think they own your phone. Should you call their customer service, they'll put you on the phone with an arrogant condescending jerk. My advice is to think twice. There are plenty of other options available.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I have been a customer of T-Mobile for one reason, and one reason alone: I need roaming data and SMS because I travel abroad frequently and for longer periods. It has worked relatively well for years, however, this December I left the US for Asia, and I was simply blocked by T-Mobile for the duration of my trip! The moment I landed in China for my transfer flight further I opened my phone and it did not work. At first I thought it was the Chinese airport that did not allow phones for security reasons or something, but when I still could not get network at my final destination (Bangkok, not exactly a remote and uncovered area!), I called T-Mobile, and from then on I spent almost a week calling them for hours at a time.

Customer Service seemed endlessly patient with me and advised me to do all kinds of things to my perfectly good phone, until they concluded that it "must be my SIM" card, or my phone was "too old" (exactly 3 yrs since I bought it from T-Mobile!). So, I spent the entire trip dependent on wi-fi - until I landed back in the US, at which point my SIM card "miraculously" accessed network within seconds of landing. I sent the final email to the Customer Service associate who had been lying to me since the beginning, that I knew they were lying to my face and were deliberately blocking my phone - and received neither an apology, nor a denial of my accusations. I am traveling again soon, and should this ever happen again I am going to lose T-Mobile momentarily, without a second thought.

Original review: April 22, 2019

It's very upsetting that T-Mobile's voice activated system is programmed to advise customers of due dates, upcoming payments, past due payments, make payment arrangements, take payment information, and make payments. But for some reason the system can't be programmed to give a customer a due date to advise when their services will be suspended for non-payment so that customer can make arrangements to avoid the $20/ per line service suspension fee. T-Mobile claims to care soooo much about their customers, but they just can't seem to care enough to enable their customers to avoid their overpriced suspension fee. T-Mobile's representatives go into a long introduction and ending per call thanking a customer for being such a valued customer, but on the backend they are deliberately withholding a piece of valuable information in an attempt to unscrupulously make money and overcharge their customers.

Original review: April 20, 2019

For more than a year I have been experiencing really bad service with T-Mobile. I can't make calls when I want to. My calls are not being received. My text messages are delayed. When I call T-Mobile they always troubleshoot & then transfer me to technical support. The problem is never found or resolved. At the end all they say is everything looks like it's working fine on our end. We can't explain or see what is going on. I have heard from upgrading towers, to getting my own cell spot, my own tower at home... Nothing helps or works....Terrible service.

T-Mobile Company Information