3.3/5 (706 ratings)

About T-Mobile

T-Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I love T-MOBILE! It's fast and I love the unlimited data. I used to have another plan with a different company that would slow the speed of data once it reached a certain amount. I could start loading something and walk away several minutes and come back and it would still be loading. My daughter, son-in-law, and I share a T-Mobile plan together and it's cheaper this way. MUCH cheaper than the snail service I used to have!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Well, our bill is not that bad at all, we been with T-Mobile for the last 4 years and it has been a good experience, we have 3 lines and at the beginning we started with only 2, and for the last year or so, I switch jobs and had to get a phone for myself so that’s how we end up with 3 lines, if it was on my power to do it, I would like to lower the price for customers that stay with their phone providers for less monthly charges per line or per package, it would be great if we get compensated for been loyal to a phone company regardless if is AT&T, T-Mobile or whatever provider you feel more comfortable, also may be some perks for people over 50-years or 55 so it can be more affordable for us, we don’t have to have all the latest technology and don’t have the help to learn all the new features on the new phones.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

My experience with Rachel at the store in Palm Harbor, Fl. was awesome, never have I come across a customer service rep with such appeal. Her knowledge about the product, its needs and my personal needs were incredible, she carried herself like a true professional, but with a human side, we're both from Ohio so maybe that might of been part of the chemistry. I will forever recommend my family and friends to Sprint/T-mobile services and products. Definitely a 10. Great employee award to Rachel W. Johnny **.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I got on T-Mobile's network around 2013 I want to say. This was a jump after dealing with horrendous service from Sprint (I know they've improved since and merged with T-Mobile). Let me just say the switch was the start of something great. First off, the signal was killing it in my area. I mean, maximum 4G everywhere I went back then. Blazing fast and I never had dropped calls (again, my area). I even sat on a beach in Puerto Rico and had 4g right there on the sand. I'm not sure how well it works everywhere in the world, but it was also phenomenal in Quebec Canada.

So enough of how great the signal is. The plans are also very generous. I got on the plan where it was unlimited everything for 100 flat for two lines. Hard to beat that for as many years as I had that. On top of that, they offer what is called T-Mobile Tuesdays via an app. I don't want to overhype it, but the fact that they do give out offers and freebies weekly to various vendors and websites is pretty astonishing. They don't have to people... Yet they've been doing this for years. I thought it was just going to be a short lived gimmick when I initially heard about it, nope. It makes me wonder why to continue that other than that they do like to give back in some form to its consumers even if you do not take all the offers that they provide. I've had countless offers of free coffees and sandwiches. :)

Now this is a big one for me that set T-Mobile to a new level. When covid-19 hit and I was fortunate to work from home, my internet provider went down for 5 days straight. The only thing I could rely on was my phone as a hotspot. First off, it was part of my service at no extra charge, and my internet was as fast as the fast speed I pay for that didn't work... Let that sink in for a minute. Sure my phone got a tad warm as it was providing me internet all day long for 5 days, but it never failed me. I can't thank T-Mobile enough for that because without it, I'm not sure what I would have done other than packing up and moving to a friend/family's house that had service running.

So I'll end with, with all the horrible large corporate big name companies out there that just count you as another value of revenue filling their pockets, T-Mobile makes you feel like they care a tad more so about you than the norm. At least enough to make me feel good when I need to send in that monthly payment. I can't say I feel Okay with about 90% of my other monthly bills, lol. So yeah, switch to T-Mobile if you want a nice phone package plan/rate with plenty of side perks. Recommended I suppose for Metro-ish areas but the fact that I've yet to lose signal anywhere I've been (my job sends me traveling all around US), I don't think you'll have too much issues with it.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I recently upgraded my phone at T-Mobie to Samsung galaxy S20. Some days passed and I noticed the sun on my phone and it led me to gently rub my finger on the screen and I felt a superficial scratch. I thought that it was just a reflection but I could feel it but not see it. I called T-Mobile to find out what to do. I was initially advised to contact Samsung to get a replacement since it was a brand new $1000 phone!

Samsung could not have cared less! They first told me to go to some repair place (UbreakIfix). They told me they would not be able to get me in for about 2 weeks. I called Samsung back to share information. I was told the best they could do is for me to mail in my phone and I would get it back in 2-4 weeks. What is that?? That is your best?? I called T-Mobile back for advice and spoke to a lovely person named Carmela out of St Louis office. She and her supervisor helped me very graciously and I will be receiving a new phone by mail with return slip to return my defective phone. So thank you a million times to Carmela and T-Mobie for doing Samsung's job and providing OUTSTANDING service! Shame on you, Samsung!

Original review: April 30, 2021

I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile about 8 months ago. I have to call almost monthly for service issues. Technical support has no help and do the same thing every time. I was suggested a cell booster which they do not provide and I had to locate one to buy. I still have connection issues with my tower and data is slow. My tower is only a few miles from my house and it has constant issues with needed repairs. I have used different brands of phones which I am paying for thru their company after suggested it was my type of phone. I am mostly bed bound and need reliable service for assistance when needed. My calls are delayed and calls come thru several minutes later after I have already hung up. Messages that I have sent to others have taken hours to be received. Documentation is not reliable or noted for review of my account. If I could put zero stars I would.

Original review: April 28, 2021

Been having a issue with voicemail. Seems a recent post confirm they know about it but they won't admit it. Get hung up on a lot and most of their reps don't answer anything, some just repeat same script. Ticket was made but ignored by them. Get several excuses on it i.e was cancelled, can't find it. Seems if they deny it or get you to give up calling having your time wasted it just fixes itself. The corporate office contact no better. Can't asks a question or get answer. Think customer deserve better.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I've had it. I have been with T-Mobile since I first got a cell phone back in 2006. Over the years, I always defended them when everyone else said that "they are a mobile service for peasants". It's becoming clear to me now that those people are right. Time after time, T-Mobile has failed me. Multiple times a day, daily, I'll have full bars (on Wi-Fi & Mobile) and texts will get the spinning wheel and not send. The other day, I got a text, from myself...that I didn't send. People tell me that my side of the line sounds muffled when I talk to them on the phone. I'm in sales and miss business calls because they simply don't come through.

I've tried and tried and tried to make this work. These issues really started about 2 years ago. To make things worse, they require $500 upfront for a new phone because they finance "up to $750". I called AT&T and they financed my phone ($1300) and got me a new line for $140 down. After calling T-Mobile to tell them I was leaving - they said that they couldn't do anything. I'm severely disappointed. Beyond frustrated. And will be vocally hating on T-Mobile to everyone that I speak to about phone service from now on. You guys failed me and lost a lifelong and loyal customer. Not that you care.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I WAS a customer for 13 years with T-Mobile. I decided to switch because another company had a much better plan and the same phone offered by both companies was cheaper with my new provider. I received the last bill from T-Mobile and they did not prorate the bill. I called to speak to a manager about this and they state they do not prorate and I should have waited until the end of my cycle to make the switch. They expect me to pay for 2 weeks of services through T-Mobile that I did not receive. I left mid way through my billing cycle.

This has never been an issue when I switched before and I did not have a contract with T-Mobile (it was month to month service). These people are crooks who expect to be paid for 2 weeks when they did not provide a service. I moved my number to the new provider so the T-Mobile phone no longer functioned, but they still expect payment for those 2 weeks. RUN, as fast as you can from T-Mobile. They have very shady business practices and are greedy. They expect you to pay for services they did not render and I was under no contractual obligation to pay.

Original review: April 24, 2021

Transferred to T-Mobile from another provider that uses the T-Mobile network. Switchover was fine except I now find out there is an issue with T-Mobile's system allowing you to use the native voicemail app. Basically, you can't. So by pressing and holding 1 you can set up your voicemail, but it will not show up in the app and you will have no notification that you have a voicemail. You can press 123 to get access to the voicemail, but there is no way to know you actually have a voicemail. The tech told me this is a known issue, but there is no resolution. What I find difficult to understand is that the small provider I previously was using (Tello) was able to solve this problem (their voicemail system worked fine with iOS), while T-Mobile cannot. Worst of all, they know this is an issue, but no one mentioned it to me when I signed up-if I had known, I would not have gone with T-Mobile.

T-Mobile Company Information