T-Mobile Reviews

T-Mobile
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.18/5
Based on 2,809 ratings submitted in the last year

T-Mobile Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Daniel at T-Mobile in Towne Lake Hills is the BEST!!! Daniel was a consummate professional! Knowledgeable, articulate, personable, and efficient. ABSOLUTELY THE BEST purchase transaction have experienced in a great many years. I actually thought I would never experience the level of service Daniel provided again in my life. Truly assumed it was a thing of the past! Kudos to T-Mobile for having such a stellar individual amongst your ranks. Give him a raise; a promotion, or both!! By the way...T-Mobile has come a long way in recent years. I was a 20+ year Verizon customer, and I'm very happy to be part of the T-Mobile family!!! Thank you Daniel & T-Mobile????

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

If Ragnar the Norse God was born in the 21st century, his name would be Justin ** and he would work at the T-Mobile store in the City Creek mall located in downtown Salt Lake City. I came in several times during one evening after being yo-yo ed by the Apple Store. I had self tanner all over my face and I was bawling my eyes out. It was not a pretty sight, But Justin remained calm and was extremely helpful the entire time. He was able to calm me down and talk me through what he was doing which was 800% more than what the apple store even tried to do. In the end he was able to come up with a solution that was better than I could have hoped for. He was a great employee and I appreciate the time he took with me!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I was really pleased with the customer service I received at the San Luis Obispo location when visiting from Canada. I had a bad experience with a sim bundle I bought from Best Buy that I was told would work on my iPhone 6 but didn’t and then I couldn’t get a refund after wasting an hour of my time. The next day I walked into T-Mobile and in a couple of minutes I had a working phone with unlimited everything for next to nothing for the week I was in the US. Such helpful and friendly service, T-Mobile is my go to for my next trip south of the border.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I have been with all four major carriers and have never loved my Cellular company until now! I've been with them 3 1/2 years. Not everything has been perfect, I've had some issues here and there. But that has to do with a few sales reps and not the company itself. NOT ONE SINGLE company can say that 100% of their employees are stellar! It would be impossible not to have a few bad seeds squeak through. All in all it has been a great experience.

I had bad credit and after making 12 months of on time payments they financed me a Galaxy S9 no credit check and no money down! No other company cellular or other would give me such a chance to rebuild my credit! Customer Service has been pretty great! Never on hold more than 1-3 minutes, and they almost always can address my needs! I've only been overbilled a few times which they quickly credited me for. I have a signal much better than Verizon's! I had service still camping on Mt. Shasta and even driving through Death Valley! I couldn't believe it! I highly recommend them over any other company! You can't beat their plans, signal strength or customer service!

Original review: July 22, 2019

T-Mobile, from Customer Service, to Technical Support, to Billing, to Supervisors, and Management, Thank you! To current customers and non-customers please take note as T-Mobile is where you want to stay or be in the years to come. They have amazing things coming around the corner and you will want to be a part of it. I know this because they listen to their customers and respond appropriately exceeding my expectations. My experience the last six years from both a personal and business account perspective has been most incredible, most uplifting, and most desirable a consumer could experience. When I switched carriers from Verizon to T-Mobile I was looking for an economical and quality carrier. I not only found that, but much more that exceeded any customer experience in my many decades on planet earth.

I have had some great company experiences in my lifetime and personally I have delivered top-notch Customer Service and Technical Support as well. In Aerospace I received letters of accommodation and recommendation from Japan Airlines and the Boeing Company including a Memorial from JAL. I know customer service and technical support. T-Mobile, hands down the number one company experience in my lifetime. It started six years ago when I was located in an area that had no service by any carrier. T-Mobile found a way to get me at least 2G to my phone. I did not know 2G still existed. No carrier could penetrate this structure, but T-Mobile did. They used engineering and finagled phones until they found the right combination. They never gave up to fulfill my service in a desperate situation. Two years later I switched over to a business account.

Again, out of nowhere they made my experience 100% better by assigning me a team! A team of people available to me 24/7 all seven days a week. This team knows me better than any company has in the past. They are at the meat of my business keeping my operation alive and well. T-Mobile has never wavered. I believe in their customer centric mentality throughout the company. They look at your circumstances and make decisions based on your needs and situation before their own. Their genuine concern and expertise in resolving technical issues is exemplary and unparalleled in the cell phone industry. They have helped me immensely in overcoming a changing economic landscape and every day challenges life can throw at you like theft and technical issues.

At the end of the day their actions are what separates them from any other organization. T-Mobile is behind me, in front of me, and they will be, by my side as long as I buy cell phones. One of the most impressive moments recently was when they got LG on the phone with me. The actual manufacturer. I needed backup completed beyond three phones, to help me with recovery. That was a first as they wanted me to be assured they have no limits to deliver exactly what you ask for. I want to acknowledge my team at T-Mobile with this endorsement. Thank you very much Team!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Always had a good experience with T-Mobile. I even stuck through the hard customer service times when their customer service was in India. Only reason I cancelled back in 2017 was because I went into the military and where I was stationed happened to have no service anywhere. 3 years go by and I receive a phone call that I was sent to collections by t-mobile and if I dont pay they it will hurt my credit. Which is fine but really? 3 years without notifications and I was told I didnt owe when I closed my account. I called t-mobile I dont understand how a company could be so organized and screw their customers like this. I will NEVER AGAIN do business with T-MOBILE. They received their money but will never receive another penny from my family or myself.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Deactivating my T-Mobile account and resolving my final payment has been the most difficult and frustrating experience that I have ever experienced. I deactivated my account and ported my number over to a new carrier on December 23rd, 3 days into the new billing cycle. When I received my last bill, I noticed that they had charged me for the entire bill cycle up to January 19th, not just the 3 days the service was active. I called and spoke to a representative who confirmed that this was a mistake and that It should be a prorated amount for 3 days. She told me to disregard the current final bill and that I would be receiving an updated final bill in about a month. 2 weeks later I receive a mail notice from a collections agency for the inaccurate amount.

I call T-Mobile AGAIN and they tell me that the amount is correct because they have a policy that you will be charged for the full billing cycle regardless of canceling and deactivating your service and that I won’t be receiving a revised bill. I have NEVER in my life heard of a company with such a policy and have never received notice from T-Mobile that this is their policy. I asked to speak with a supervisor since I was being told two completely different things and because they had the audacity to tell me to disregard the final bill but then sent it to a collections agency. The manager said, "We will review the recording and look more into this, we will let you know what we come to in a week."

This has been a horrible customer service experience, they should honor what the original representative of T-Mobile told me without drawing this out even more. However, given my experience up to this point, I’m not confident that they will. I strongly advise against going with T-Mobile, there are far superior providers with better deals. And if you do go with T-Mobile, be prepared to deactivate your account on the last day of the billing cycle unless you want to pay for days of service that was not used or active.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

If you try to leave Tmobile, they will give you the run around. We ported our phone numbers to another company and requested our phones be unlocked, called several times and spent hours and every time they would say “it will be 24-48 hours”. Days would pass and I would call back and they had no idea what I was talking about and had no record of the previous call.

My service with them ended Jan 9th and I received two more bills after that, one for an entire month of service! I called and they said they would process a refund. How can you morally and ethically charge someone knowing they no longer use your service. We gave up on them unlocking our phones after weeks and ended up buying new phones. Also, I am still waiting for them to pay back the money they stole from me. Leaving this company has cost me several hours of time, $300 for new phones, and $140 in charges AFTER we already cancelled. I will never go back, and will never recommend these scammers.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I hated the reception and chose to switch back to Verizon. My son’s phone was T-Mobile so I asked to switch him to his dad's account. Agent said I had done everything to release him and I told his dad. When he called they gave him such a run around that he just got a new phone and new SIM card and I was stuck with his old number still being charged on my auto pay that I can’t access because, as a cancelled subscriber, I no longer have access to my online account. Didn’t even know I was still paying until the end of December! And I was being charged for a family plan with that one phone! Now, after their poor service, they won’t give me any refund. I will NEVER use them again and NEVER recommend them!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Let me say, my experience was not optimal with TMobile. Saturday was my birthday and my wife for months has been talking about new phones. We went to T Mobile to switch carriers and upgrade our phones. I told my wife of meeting a young lady who was working at the Harden Street Columbia SC store and wanted to go there to look her up and check T Mobile out. Our experience was excellent and received great service and decided to switch. We updated out phones, ordered them, and bought some accessories. We were told the phones would be delivered Tuesday or Wednesday. All was well. Then the problems began. Received email that order was shipped. Tried to check it but was unable to get to the link in the email to track. Tuesday one phone delivered. Didn't know if one was not delivered and the other stolen so I called Customer service. 800 number first kicked me off the two times I called.

The CSR named "Hannah" who seemed from an overseas call center said she would investigate and call me back either in 30 minutes to an hour. NO CALL. I tried the 800 number again and was kicked out of the system with a busy signal given after I made my selection. I called the store I dealt with and one of the associates I had met tried to help but gave me the option to be transferred to their CARE group. I told her that would be fine.

The CSR this time tried to help but kept giving me bad information. First that the phone were processed on different dates, then she found something and saw where they were processed at the same time but one was still not shipped. I asked for information and she said it should ship either later that day or the next. I should get the phone by Saturday the 15th at the latest. I asked about the tracking of the status email and she said I needed to register with "My TMobile". Then she said that the phone didn't ship due to their promotion of buy one get one and the second was the promotion phone. I waited the rest of the day and until noon the next day to see if I would get another email stating that the phone had shipped. Nothing.

I packed up my stuff and headed for the store. Then things really went wrong. The store associates were again great, but the CARE folks were not. I was then told that the phone was backordered, and they could not tell me when it would be sent. I told the store associates that I wanted to cut my losses. I would just cancel my order, and would just take my refunds. I was told that I couldn't do anything until the other phone was received. Meanwhile, I'm out $300, waiting on a phone that cant be told when I'll get it, paying both my old carrier charges, and TMobile service.

I want to say, the store associates have been great but the CSR's even when asked for their names were non responsive to the customer. I was offered $20 of credit for all my trouble. I asked for a District or Regional Manager to call me. I looked up the corporate number 1-425-***-400x to call and no answer for 3 minutes I was on the phone. I wanted to voice my frustration to someone who would be able to help customers like me affect some change. I hope that this post will prompt some sort of contact with a concerned executive that honestly believes in there motto of Caring about customers. Thanks for letting me rant!!!!

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

T-Mobile Company Information