1.43/5

T-Mobile Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

5208 T-Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

Please do not go with this company. I was tricked into thinking I was on a soiled plan. My bill was suppose to include my phone and bill but I found out when I got ready to buy out my contract that even when I’m done with my contract my phone will still need to be paid off??? Like wtf. Why wasn’t I told this at the store I purchase this phone from. I set up a payment arrangement and got charge a $30+ Fee for what I don’t know stick with the big company. These people are full of hidden fees and tricks to get you out of more money. Keep in mind you don’t own your phone until your contract is up and you pay $300+ dollars to own the phone. Please don’t go to this company. Next month is my last month and my contract is up and I promise I’m leaving this company. It’s sad???

Original review: March 18, 2019

On December 16th, 2019. I opened up an account with T-Mobile because I was traveling overseas and needed the international plan. Prior to opening up the account I spoke to the online reps concerning the prices. They told me that it's $50/month for the international plan. I asked how much in total? They told me I would only be paying for the international plan since that's what I'm using. Fast forward in the T-Mobile store. I opened the account. My bill came to $120/month! I was angry because this wasn't what we discussed online. BTW, I had my own T-Mobile phone already. They only told me the price AFTER I signed all documents and gave my bank information. I cancelled the account the very minute they told me that nonsense.

Two months later I saw my bank statement on February 20th from T-Mobile for the amount of $245!!! I called them immediately for a refund. After 24 hrs my refund would be declined. According to them, the account has to be cancelled for over 30 days before a refund can be issued. Just imagine, I cancelled on the same date it was opened. But T-Mobile waited until February 11th to cancel the account officially. Why?? So now the 30 days is up and it's time to get my money back. T-Mobile told me I have to wait a full billing cycle before I can get my money back!! And the games never end!!! Don't go to T-Mobile... Trash company with a bunch of thieves!!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 16, 2019

A terrible company and I’m switching back to Verizon. But they won’t unlock my phones to allow me to switch. They are holding me hostage instead of going ahead releasing phones to allow Verizon to port in.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Recently became an iPhone user. Researched all plans and went to the stores to clarify. T-Mobile was offering new iPhone to new customers (commercial every twenty minutes). Other carriers were offering free older model iPhone at the same time. My goal was to get lowest monthly plan. I signed with T-Mobile and got a free iPhone which turned out to be an iPhone 7. I qualified for 55 unlimited. The price was 55 a month 50 with autopay. I have now been getting calls from T-Mobile that my plan does not exist. The cost is actually $89 a month. I am now required to pay for free promotion phone at price I could have paid for new phone from other carriers at lower amount. According to their retention department there is also a data fee and unlimited means something else. I explained the plan I signed up for and they said it does not exist and it is too late to opt out of service and therefore their no contract claim is false.

T-Mobile continues to call me telling me my plan is 89 dollars a month. Apparently there was an error the plan and promotion I received does not exist. I now am stuck with their error and have to pay 89 a month. Not only am I being forced to pay for their error and false advertising. I missed out on two promotions for service at lower cost from two other carriers. In addition to the harassing phone calls I am forced to watch their fraudulent commercials every twenty minutes. Beware the 55 one unlimited plan does not exist! Do not accept a free phone on promotion they will charge you! They charge the agreed amount for first two months and then start the increase. I did catch it last month but store manager said it was a website thing. Customer service said someone gave me a manual credit although he denied.

Original review: March 15, 2019

My ZTE Zmax Pro acted possessed randomly scrolling. Discussed manufacturer warranty and they refused. Many drop calls. 12 people spoke to me in 2 hours of talk-clarify-hold-can't help talk to... The LG STYLO 4 goes black screen when you send calls. All buttons disappear. I called LG and sent the 2nd bad phone in. LG was not made aware of the dark screen. T-Mobile sent me a broken new phone to replace a broken new phone. I'm furious!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: March 14, 2019

NEVER EVER trust them to buy a phone with their stupid trade in promotions! You will never heard back from them. I trade in an iPhone for a new iPhone XR, they never gave me credit for that phone I sent them. Contacting them several times they do not have an answer.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Don’t believe a word they say about paying off your current contract!!! They make you practically give an arm and a leg, tell you they have everything they need and you’ll get an answer in 45 days. Conveniently for them, that puts you outside the 90 submit timeframe and then they claim they were missing information from you so now you’re not eligible. TOTAL SCAM!!!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I switched to T-Mobile because of the promise of Good service. They promised to buy my phones, and promised to buy out Verizon, and pay me to switch. Their service was terrible. The phones did not work in most areas around southeast Ohio and my son took his phone across the country to California and had poor to no service most of the time. They stole our Verizon phones and never paid me. They did not pay us to switch. When we left and went back to Verizon, they made up charges; like stating that I did not return their phone, even though I have tracking information to prove that I did return it. They have harassed me for over a year and even turned me in to collections, which I then had to prove that I did nothing wrong to fix my credit. T-Mobile is a terrible company. Don't trust anything they promise to you.

Original review: March 12, 2019

If I could give 0 stars I would. I rarely get irked enough to write a review for anything. They are going to shut off my current line because I've been in roaming range " too much." I live in Maine, an area with limited T-Mobile service, and as such I almost never use data. I only use WiFi, unfortunately the few text messages I send when not on WiFi seem to be enough for them to threaten to shut off my line.

Honestly their customer service was very polite albeit unhelpful but that isn't really their fault. If anything this is a deeper issue with a company that won't expand coverage or have a reasonable solution to having customers in remote areas. It doesn't help that on top of paying out the lease on my phone (to unlock it) there is another $160+ fee. I will never be doing business with T-Mobile again, I suppose one positive to take away from this is don't lease your phones and don't do business with T-Mobile. For those of you who read this far, I'm switching to Google Fi. As always Google is the "nicest" of the megacorporations.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I was a T-Mobile consumer for over 10 years, it was my first phone plan! I used the services in college because it was affordable, although I had bad service: drop calls, and no service in certain areas in Upstate NY. Now in NYC the service is worst and just not worth it!

T-Mobile Company Information