2.07/5
  • 1 star
Based on 649 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 13, 2017

4655 T-Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Explained I was terminating my account. Was told to pay $666 which I did. Now I have a bill for $164 even though I had paid for my equipment. T-Mobile claims I owe it based on their fine print and that they don't have a resolution department. If I don't pay they are sending me to bill collectors.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

It’s a scam! I’m very unhappy! I have spoken to reps regarding paying for the phone for my daughter! It’s a JUMP! On Demand, so I paid the phone! Now I want to buy the phone outright! At no time speaking to Reps, did they say that if I didn’t pay off the full amount of $93.99 and I opted to pay $10.00 something in change that I wouldn’t be able to change to pay the rest of the money off and that now I would be held to pay off the remaining balance of 9 payments! That is just another way for me to have to stay with your company! Why isn’t this disclosed and told verbally? You record conversations, and I want told this during any of the texted conversations or verbal conversations! Instead I’m held liable because I signed a contract that I was able to read! I now know that T-Mobile owns Jump on demand! I will never buy another phone gain with T-Mobile! There is no reason to sneaky! Be honest and truthful!

I wasn’t trying to not use T-Mobile, but underhanded schemes like this is not sitting well with me! The supervisor I spoke to was nice, but wasn’t able to resolve the conflict because there is no resolution to my conundrum! The man I spoke to previously was rude and condescending! Well, that’s how I felt! He asked me why I wanted to pay off the fee, I was gobsmacked, why does it matter why? I just wanted to pay it off! You all record conversations, but not telling customers the truth verbally is hiding the truth! I wasn’t not trying to get another phone company, but I am now considering it!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I called customer to see about more towers in my area because the service sucks and I asked for my account number so I can switch carriers and told the rep I wasn’t paying my bill because of service so this representative says, “Well sir I can cancel your account or I can get you over to Verizon.” So she puts me on hold and she terminates my account after I told her not to. Wow T-Mobile this is how you train your representatives I will be taking me and my nephews service to a different carrier.

This was the last straw. My feelings are hurt. What if I would have had an emergency? My mom is a diabetic and I have to check on her every couple of hours. If she would have died that would have been on the company. It was wrong of the employee to snatch my phone off. Just think if your parents or siblings or family had this happen to them. I brag about the company on my YouTube channel. I blog about the service. I also take care of adults and teens with disabilities. Just think if I couldn’t call anybody if something happened to them so what will be the resolution to the rep not listening to me?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I have been a loyal T-Mobile customer for 20 years with no changes and scheduled timely online payments. The moment I cancelled, their service went to hell. I turned in all the equipment and even received a letter stating so, yet they kept billing me. I called each month and no one could help me. I paid a small balance they said I owed just to get them off my back, but yet received a larger bill stating they were sending me to collections. I called again, was passed around to six different people, no one knew a thing about my account until one of them just hung up on me. This service is completely unacceptable and I hope something is done about this very soon. I will NEVER use them again and will not let anyone I know use them either if I can help it.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

First, I had a T-Mobile account. I was finished with my contract and they continued to bill me after I canceled with for months. They continued to send me bills which I had explained to them I was not liable for. They then preceded to report this to the credit agency. I filled out forms and would get the charges removed because T-MOBILE had No documentation to prove I owed them money. Then sell the charges to another company and thus far I have had to dispute (successfully T-Mobile charges on my credit report # times).

Now I am married and my husband had T-Mobile and I always told him, "Watch out when you cancel. They will continue to bill". Well now the same thing is happening to him. I overheard him cancel and now we are getting bills for months after his cancellation. And we call the company and they said there is no record of him canceling the service. THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST CELL PHONE CARRIER! If you enjoy companies falsely reporting negatively to your credit report... Continue with T-Mobile.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I have been with T-Mobile for about 5 years now. Cancelled my account with T-Mobile last week and they just billed me today for the next month. Called earlier and the representative said this was in their T&C because the phone number was ported. I asked her to send me a copy of where it says that in the T&C but she couldn't so I looked it up but couldn't find it and called back and the lady just kept saying that "I don't have to worry about another bill... that was the last bill they will send me." I asked what my billing cycle is for the charge and SHE HUNG UP ON ME! What in the world! The first lady told me that the bill was for Dec-Jan. The second told me it was for the previous month Oct-Nov. I wish I could remember her name. Absolutely hate T-Mobile after these experiences.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

This is the worse company of all, I wish I could give them no stars at all. I have a paid iPhone but they will not unlock my iPhone because it does not show on their records that the phone has ever been used. My son used for over a year until I got him a new phone two days ago.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I upgraded to a refurbished iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile website in July 2017. I have been a customer since 2011. After getting the phone, I transferred my data and set it up and all was fine. After a couple days I noticed the phone was acting erratic and apps would open on their own and the unit would start calling people in my recent call list and would not allow me to control the screen or the apps including writing text on its own - gibberish, of course. I called T-Mobile and complained. It was a random problem that would happen and then stop. Seems something is wrong with the screen but I could not seem to get the issue across to the rep. I decided to go into the store. I arrived with phone in hand and met with a young man who looked at the phone updated the software and it seemed fine. I explained the situation and we waited around for it to start acting up. It never did, so I left and said I would be back.

The phone once again started to act up in the middle of the night... calling people at random on my recent list - embarrassing. It still does this and I have to shut it off to keep it from taking over. To make a long story short, I have not been able to take it to the store to show them the problem and they never said they would do anything until they could see the issue. Long after the 90 days warranty, I have decided to switch to Sprint who sent me a new iPhone X for a new line and package and tried to give T-Mobile one last chance to make this right and last night they pretty much told me I am stuck with this phone. Sprint is going to pay off the $475 for the piece of junk. But I am really unhappy about how they dealt with me. They should have had someone who could speak English first of all. The reps on the phone had no clue what I was trying to explain.

Second, they should have just sent a replacement phone without making me prove the issue. Third, they could have, on this last attempt, simply given me the same deal as Sprint, but they treat new customers like Gold but their existing ones like crap when an example like this surfaces. Does not make any sense to me at all. I am closing my account next week and while I like the basic costs and so forth, their customer service is terrible and they do not stand behind the products they peddle. There is no reason I should be stuck with a phone that calls people at all hours of the day and night and not give a damn about it or my issue.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I signed up for their program where they buy you out of your contract. I closed my account with AT&T in Feb 2016, mailed in my two iPhone 6s Plus to T-Mobile along with my final bill. I paid off AT&T. T-Mobile told me months later that they lost my phones. I have contacted them every two weeks looking for my rebates. They tell me every time that they will be in contact in 2 days with a resolution. They never call back. Here it is now December and they are telling me that because it's been so long, my rebate is no longer valid, even though they acknowledge it's their fault. So, I have no phones and no rebate, yet I PAID OFF THE PHONES. T-Mobile steals phones and does not care about their customers. If anyone can offer legal help concerning this, please help.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

T-Mobile is the worst company ever! I did a warranty exchange and I returned the phone. After 3 months later, T-Mobile decided to bill for an unreturned phone charge for 750 dollars. When I saw it I was upset because I know I sent it and I even took a pic of the shipping label. I been calling T-Mobile for almost two months. No one's been able to help me. The representatives mocked me over the phone multiple times.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Clearly, the absolute worst mobile carrier when it comes to their Billing Method and Customer Service. T-mobile likes to play games with their "billing due date" process, which is noticeable when a customer enters their on-line site to pay an amount past due. T-Mobile will identify a "past due" amount, which may be accurate but suggests a customer can simply pay that past due amount. However, when the customer attempts to pay that amount on-line, by using a Debit or Credit Card, an entirely different amount is billed to the customer. Such as, TWICE what was identified in the past due amount.

The T-Mobile scam is to PREVENT the customer from paying a past-due amount, and bill the customer that precise amount PLUS another billing which would have occurred in the future month. When the customer notices that scam, by looking on-line and clearly seeing what T-Mobile has done, it makes no difference to place a call to T-Mobile. When the customer complains, T-Mobile simply says they will take care of it -- BUT they don't take care of it.

In fact, when I personally visited my Bank and complained about the T-Mobile (suspected fraudulent billing practice and their incorrect billing), my own Bank official contacted T-Mobile but was met with an exasperating conversation with a T-Mobile representative who abruptly "hung up" on my Banking official. The solution: My Banking official simply disputes the charge in writing, contacts T-Mobile, (receives no response), and then my Bank puts the improperly-charged funds back into my Bank Account. A hassle, of course, but effective.

Just avoid T-Mobile. T-Mobile is well known to have billing schemes and even worse customer service when their scheme is detected. T-Mobile has already received attention by the Federal Consumer Protection Bureau on numerous occasions. It's unfortunate that the Feds have not yet indicted T-Mobile for fraudulent practices, although I'm certain T-Mobile will be indicted soon.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

T-Mobile is Satan & Hell all in one. This company is nothing but lies and dishonesty and their service is crap. They gave me service that never worked properly and they never made any efforts to repair the service. Plus the customer service would add things onto the account without my authorization and they would remove credits off the account without my consent making false accusations that I made international calls that I never made.

Also the corporate office make promises that they never keep to give you free cell phone cover and a free phone and credits. All of this crap. Nothing but lies on top of lies. Plus they falsely reported to TransUnion on my credit report falsely accusing me of fraud... If anybody is a fraud it's T-Mobile not the customer. T-Mobile should report itself for being a rip-off company that goes around screwing their consumers. Now T-Mobile wants me to pay $150 that I have no intentions of paying cuz I never agreed to all this crap to have international calls on my service and all this other nonsense. Stay away from this evil T-Mobile company of Satan.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Started Plan with T-Mobile over a year ago. We were suppose to receive buy 1 get 1 S7 Samsung with a 2 year contract. We did all that and were never told that we have to go online and register in order to get the second phone free. When we called and complained because they were charging us they just gave us the runaround. We called a couple months later and a supervisor told us they would fix the problem for us and give us credit for the one phone. Then two months later nothing happened again so we called back and this time we were told they started a special department and would get it taken care of. It has been one year and we are still making payments on both phones. 1 more year and T-Mobile will have lost another customer. They are by far the worse cell service in the country and should be investigated for fraud.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I had a one phone account with T-Mobile for over 15 years. Never had any contact with them, just paid monthly with no changes. Then I wanted to add my spouse's phone to my account. She previously used a prepaid T-Mobile. From my very first call to do this they had a problem because my line plan was no longer offered to add a line to it. So it was my phone only and they couldn't match my rate for my spouse's phone. They came up with a proposal to add the line for a little more than double what my account was. Ie. $32 a month to $70 a month. I agreed and they added the line. My first bill was $89 so I called. They couldn't explain it but assured me the next bill would be the agreed upon price. The next one was $74 so that was close enough. The following bill was back to $89 so another call to them. They couldn't explain that again to they offered a senior plan for $60 and I agreed to that.

The agent assured me that my next bill would be $60 with no added fees or taxes. Next bill $85. I would go for no more lies. These people lied to me 4 or 5 times. When I called to cancel they couldn't understand and was so sorry to lose me after 15+ years. I switched companies kept the same number and didn't hear anything from T-Mobile. So I called to find out what terms the cancellation would be processed and was told that there would be no proration of the monthly bill but that I would be charged a full month. I believe I had just started a new billing cycle like just a few days before. The phone service was fine as I had it for 15 years but the personal conversations I had with their agents were nothing but lies. I wrote this review along with telling my friends of my experience not because of the dollars I lost with this but solely on the lies they tell in every conversation with no explanation for their lies.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I had a sent a iPhone 6 16 GB phone for trade in of a Costco offer buy iPhone 7 get a $300 MasterCard after device trade in. After the offer got processed they sent me only $218 instead of $300 and when I called them why I received $218 they told me that the trade device is damaged and couldn't process the trade in amount, but the device I sent was working very nicely. After arguing with them on phone for 40 min they told me to file complaint against USPS for damages but not T-Mobile. How I can file complaint against USPS who just delivered my phone. T-Mobile folks are not at all listening what I am saying. They simply arguing harshly.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

T-Mobile customer service is outstanding overall. Company seem like a caring, positive, fair and reasonable company. They really seems to attempt to change, response seems legitimate, adds more towers, but of course towers don't grow overnight!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

T-Mobile state you can bring your current phone to their network. What do don't state is, most other carriers phone do not work well with their network. The promotions in signage appear legitimate, however "read the fine print" is definitely true when dealing with this company. My AT&T phones rarely have more the 3 bars. I often miss text messages and even e-mail. A problem I did not have when my Galaxy S7 Edge was with AT&T.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I have had issues with T-Mobile from the beginning. Switching my home phone number to their pay as you go plan took almost a week. I had not used the phone in over 100 days they told me. This cell phone and plan was meant to be an emergency backup phone for me so I did not expect to use it ever. Anyway when I called them to see why it stopped working they said they deactivated it. They never sent me any notice that the plan would be deactivated. Be warned.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

T-Mobile's customer service is top-notch. Other companies out of US can't compete. In the past they have used United States-based call centers. That is one of the biggest reasons I support them. If that were to change my expectation of them would also change as non-US centers have been frustrating to work with.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Ordered a iPhone 7 plus. Didnt receive it... Provided the company with the tracking info for the phone, they confirmed with UPS it wasn't delivered to me but T-Mobile is charging me for the phone monthly... I've spoken with several different people at the company and no one can help me... I've been with them for years and their service has gone down considerably!! How can a company make a consumer pay for products they didn't receive? I'm furious.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I was a T-Mobile customer with an iPad for more than six months. My payment was tied to a high corporate credit card. I then purchased a new iPhone X from them. With the same company credit card almost 1k. Now because I bundled the iPad with my new phone and am paying 30 a month more I am a bad credit risk and had to pay a extra deposit. What? Even though my account is still tied to the same credit card. It was good enough for an iPhone X and good enough for my previous account but not good anymore. Who makes these decisions??? Elves?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I recently converted my carrier to T-Mobile and within a 2 days it was apparent that I will need to change my carrier again soon. Before I switched I asked about number portability and asked what if the number is deactivated for a day. I was told it should be okay, I went to their store and I was told the same thing that it shouldn't be a problem since it’s just a day. After getting the new lines, I was told it might take up to 2 hours to get the number ported from previous carrier. After 2 hours I called their customer service and I was told it can take up to 24 hours. Called again after 24 hours was told another 2 hours, called after 2 hours I was told 9AM EST.

When I called at 9am EST next morning and told them that I am not getting offline till I have my old number. They checked and called my old carrier. Turns out you cannot transfer deactivated number. So I had to pay to reactivate my old number although T-Mobile says they will credit my account with $35 but I think I will have to fight for that. In short the lack of knowledge by T-Mobile customer service representative are amazing, it costed me $35 and 2 days without my number and this is for a new customer. I wonder how they treat their old customer. I am not recommending it to anyone and looking forward to changing it as soon as possible.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I have been a T-Mobile customer for over 15 years. Great value, but customer service is not good anymore and not the best coverage. Multiple phone calls and hours on the phone trying to resolve billing issues. They were resolved in the end, but it was a nightmare to get it done.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I call T-Mobile "Third-World Mobile", because of the laughable signal service. First, I don't exactly live in a remote area. I can literally SEE NYC from my apartment, but even outside, I feel like I'm in the backcountry. On a daily basis, I literally have 4-5 dropped calls while driving (using hands-free device). EVERYDAY. Then, if I am lucky enough to get a stable connection, I can expect half of that time, the other party cannot hear me! I have absolutely NO signal anywhere in my workplace, which is a problem, since we use our phones to stay in contact across the plant, and I am basically the only one with such a pathetically unreliable phone. I have unfortunately been stuck with Third-World Mobile for many months, but I plan to jump ship very soon! I cannot even begin to imagine how this kind of snake-oil service is acceptable in 2017.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I've been a client for 4 years and have tried others. My experience with T-Mobile has been phenomenal. Other companies could not get me service in the hills of Los Angeles. T-Mobile was right there!!! Clear as a bell. Phone delivered by UPS. Customer service reps so nice and happy. I even thought about joining the company. I once rang a supervisor just to thank T-Mobile for outstanding service. The bills do come in at a higher rate than stated... Sometimes too much. That is my only criticism. But if you feel your bill is excessive they can reduce it or forgive you for a mistake. One cool company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Hi. Have bought 1 iPhone 7 and as per offer if I trade one phone, I will get 300 USD gift card. I have traded iPhone 5 and it's more than 3 month I haven’t receive my credit yet. I followed multiple times, they just says sorry and say I will receive credit within 7-10 days, it’s 3 month. I called them 8-10 times and no gift card yet. Really fed up with follow ups and thinking to move out of T-Mobile. I also have another iPhone, requested them to unlock and it’s not yet unlocked even when I paid off.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I like smaller companies, you tend to get lost in ones like AT&T and etc. I have been there. T-Mobile has a fair price for a better service, I have had very little trouble, and their store is nearby. I can go in with anything I need changed or transferred.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I have the bad experiences with T-Mobile. They have worse customer services. I bought a cellphone from them with insurance. My phone was broken and t mobile insurance sent me to refurbish cellphone with wifi problem. After several calls, they finally accept to take care of that problem and it's take 3 months to send me a new cellphone. The phone they send it have microphone problem in this time and they did not accept it and I still have a problem with my cellphone.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

We tried to purchase a new phone at T-Mobile local store, they didn’t have in stock so they order for us online on T-Mobile website, when we received the phone it was not working properly so we went to store to return it (local store). They told us that they couldn't received back because this was bought online. (Even though they order for us because they didn't have on stock), that we need it to return by mail, so we did. We received a confirmation of the item was deliver and signature of who received it, this is more than a month ago. Every time that we call to see the status of our credit or refund they said that they haven't find our phone and that it's still our responsibility, even though we have a signature, copy and picture.

Last time we call on 11/19/2017 the girl that answered said "well we received it but we don't know what was inside the box." Really? We are going to keep a phone that doesn't work. I did some investigation with the postal service and they told me that this T-Mobile return service warehouse have moved from the address that it's on the prepaid label that T-Mobile gave to the customer, that they haven't change the labels to the new address.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I have been with T-Mobile for almost 20 years and these last few years have been horrible when something with my phone or my mom's phone happens we have to pay out of our asses to get a phone. We are still paying on a phones that we don't have because T-Mobile feels like you should pay for phones you don't have any more! I have a son who has medical problems and I have to have a phone constantly and only 1 person out of about 20 people were willing to help me with getting a phone! With my kid having medical problems. And they not understanding that I am not going to constantly pay for a new phone to upgrade or pay the taxes every time I go in is crazy!

I am very displeased with T-Mobile and their customer service they have. The stores won't help with anything and they expect me to pay for every time I go and get a new phone! I just wanted to be able to go in and get a phone for free with the insurance swap and I can't. I will definitely be changing companies soon. I do not recommend T-Mobile anymore!

T-Mobile Company Information