3.3/5 (1704 ratings)

About T-Mobile

T-Mobile Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: March 11, 2022

I was quite shocked that the service is generally pretty decent as well as the price points offered direct and those offered through MVNOs. The catch is that our older phones literally stopped working one day and we're forced to buy newer phones. We weren't so happy about that, but I guess it is time to move on. With the newer phones we got, they all so far worked flawlessly and T-mobile is the only carrier to have 5G on the phones too. We have sim cards spread out between all the carriers based on level of use so it's as cheap as possible for us overall and I can say that one carrier has great signal, T-mobile has the technology and the other is just there and has wider compatibility, but trails a little on technology. I'm in NYC and always go with pre-paid to cap the cost and surprises that can happen. So far, consistent experience. I wouldn't dare use post-paid because of the taxes and potential surprise bills. It can happen with any carrier, to be fair.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Several years back I gave T-mobile a bad review. I must admit they have come a very long way since then. It was very frustrating back then for my internet never worked when I needed it to most!!! While traveling or even traveling around Houston. One would have expected NOT to have that problem. So it is all fair I re-evaluate them. I am so proud of T-mobile and stuck it out and glad I did!!! All consumers need to be careful with all phone companies…. I learned from trying to switch!!!! T mobile is the lesser evil by far!!!! Just make sure with phone and cable companies you DO NOT trust their employee’s words. Read All the print!!! It is your credit they don’t mind screwing up if they (Verizon) lie and you trust them…. And nobody holds them accountable for their lies.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Well in general all the the staff has been very helpful, an A+. Although you can hear in the back the supervisors, the staff try to help as best as possible but sometimes they get stopped by their superior.... Which at the same time messes the experience. The representatives work great and fast, both chat and phone. Been working with Ali to find the perfect family plan, almost except for some reason T-mobile removed the One-Plus 7 Pro, which is even better than the 8 and 7t Models. Go figure, that messed the final process but working on it.... The supervisor was no help.... Even after a big miss with the first contract, no one came in try to mediate the situation. Still lots of errors on the site but getting better.

Family plan especially the 55+ lowers the cost a lot, plus lots of extras.... Hopefully will have my 3 lines ready to go and just wait for the phone to arrive in November... One tidbit I Did NOT like was that they did NOT price match like that are suppose to. Bestbuy two items I had chosen were each $100 dollars less in the T-mobile section of BB. Not cool. The supervisor probably didn't give one hoop....

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I just spoke with Brittany @ T-Mobile & she was a delight. Professional, proficient, polite and understanding with my hearing impairment. I must use my landline being hearing impaired where an operator must listen then type whom I am talking with. She patiently guided me through each step in changing my verbal passcode and online password. She first made certain that my account had not been affected. She is an excellent representative for T-Mobile and all companies should have such fabulous employees working for them. I am pleased with T-Mobile also because of the free scam shield that prevents scam calls from coming through. I have been with 5 other companies and would not think of changing because of excellent service and 5G that has the best reception of any other cellphone provider. You would do well to change to T-Mobile. Try it. You'll like it. Go and just go for the BEST. 10 STAR RATING WITH ME.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I have been with T Mobile since I had a Cell phone. The service is good and reliable. I have had no drop call. When I was out of the country in the West Indies, I was able to access my email, make calls and do all the things when I was at Home. Also when I went to Alaska, since it was a US state, T Mobile treated my calls as local with no added charges. I am able to call all over the world with low fees. I have family in France and England and we are able to chat a few times a year with low fees. Most people will find the service helpful and user friendly. I intend to stick with the company, as I said before we go back a long way since they were called Voice Stream. My monthly fees are reasonable and they offer me new phones on yearly basis at low fees and my system is easily transferred to the new phone. I would recommend this company to all. Their customer service is second to none.

Original review: June 27, 2022

Associate said I can try the device for 15 days at no cost if I was not happy with it. Obtaining the device at the store was an easy and hassle free experience. Once I set up the device at home, I placed it high up and close to the window as they recommended. Speeds were anywhere between 3Mb to 16Mb download compared to 230Mb with spectrum. I decided to return the device at the store after 6 days of use and testing, and they were charging me $20 return fee. They advised me to call T-Mobile instead to avoid the fee. Once I called T-Mobile they couldn't cancel the device because the associate who setup my account at the store, was the one who set up the 6 digit pin and I did not know the pin. Now I had to go back to the store and verify my identity with my DL to be able to cancel the home internet.

The T-Mobile associate at the store was more than helpful in getting the device canceled and returned via shipping. Four days passed and they charged me $50 for using the device for 6 days. Calling T-Mobile to request a refund was unsuccessful because I did not know the 6 digit pin. Once I arrived at the store, they verified my identity again to request a refund. After waiting a couple of days, I was returned a partial refund of $38, now I will have to go back to the store to verify my identity again and request the remaining refund amount. 15 day test drive at no cost was a lie, a refund if returned within the timeframe was a lie, and sending me a partial refund is shady at best. I've had a horrible experience returning the device between calling T-Mobile and going to the store. Just horrible TMobile!!!!

Original review: June 24, 2022

Beware T-Mobile's keep and switch SCAM! They don't actually reimburse you, they only give you a run around until you finally have to give up! I have 3 hours of phone calls into them, and all they do is give me a different excuse every time! If you call, you'll get numerous people that barely speak English, and only want to argue! I asked 10 times in one phone call to speak to a supervisor, and I was not allowed to. Switching to T-Mobile was the biggest mistake I've made in a long time!

Original review: June 24, 2022

I contracted the Hotspot 5G home internet service in early May 2022 because my house was under construction and we couldn’t have cable brought to it. What I was told: (1) you have 100Gb with 5G per month. When you reach the 100Gb, you revert to 4G unlimited; (2) if you discontinue your service, you can simply return the MiFi hotspot device and you are not responsible for the balance on it (they are approximately $300).

What really happened: (1) once you go over the 100Gb on 5G you have zero, nada,…no wifi service whatsoever. For a household with three kids and two adults, that happened within one week; (2) when I tried to return the MiFi device after I discontinued my service, they made it so difficult that I made it over the ‘buyers remorse’ grace period and now I am on the hook to pay the balance on a useless device that I can’t use.

So I call customer service to see if I can get a courtesy extension so that they take the device. They are completely inflexible, bordering rude, and refuse to help me. The words of the supervisor were something like: “what is apparently not clear to you is that we are NOT marking an exception for you in this case.”. Wow, what happened to the customer is always right? Very disappointing behavior and customer care. I’ll have to pay the $180-plus left on the device, but you’ve lost a customer forever and I’ll be badmouthing T-mobile to my friends and colleagues for the rest of my time.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I had Sprint for many years, decades in fact, and was very satisfied. Since I was forced to switch my Sim Card to the T-Mobile sim card, I've dropped multiple calls in previously covered areas. Service is very spotting. Interrupting my music in the car. If I was to rely on this mobile service for my home I would be even more dissatisfied. Coverage at night is even worst. Starting to consider looking for new carrier if issue is not resolve. Trying to contact customer service is difficult and also dissatisfying. This reduction in services has forced me to write my very first public negative review.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I received an offer from T-Mobile stating I was pre approved for service so I went to the nearest T-Mobile store and attempted to get new phones for my fiancé, my daughter, and myself, and port our numbers over. We went through nearly the entire process but at the end the representative said that she could not complete the transaction due to her having issues with her tablet. She said I could either wait until the other representative was done so we could use his or I could come back at another time. I asked if we would have to start the process all over again if we used his and she said I would. I told her that I would have to come back because I didn’t have time to do it all over again. Our numbers never got ported over and we left with no phones.

For some reason I get a bill a couple of months later for $233.54 saying my service is now suspended for non-payment. When I called, a representative named Precious refused to give me any information on what was supposed to be my own account and asked me to just forget about it. She stated that there was some confusion and they would just get rid of the bill. I explained to her that I would like to speak to a supervisor and that it was very unprofessional for her to ask me to just forget about an account that was opened in my name which used 233.54 dollars worth of service. She stated that the supervisor was on a call so he wouldn’t be able to speak to me for the next three hours. I asked her if there was another supervisor available and she said no.

I told her that I didn’t mind putting the phone on speakerphone and waiting the three hours until he was available. I asked if I could be connected to the fraud department and she said, "Sorry there’s no one else I could speak to about it." She refused to escalate the issue, she just wanted me to forget all about it. After explaining to her that the call was being recorded the supervisor was mysteriously available. He put me on hold while pretending to escalate the issue but wasn’t able to provide me a confirmation number or any other verification that the issue was escalated.

He then told me to go back to the store that I originally attempted to get service and ask for answers myself. Then to top it all off he asked me to give the representative a good rating because she was a single mother and was still on probation at T-mobile and my response to the survey on her would be the deciding factor on whether or not she would be able to keep her job there. Smh. I decided to call back and check on the escalation and there was no record of it…

T-Mobile Company Information