T-Mobile
3.37/5
Based on 2,843 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

T-Mobile Reviews

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

T-Mobile Reviews

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

T-Mobile has always bent over backwards in their customer service. They really are great to deal with if you have a problem. There is one thing you should look out for, though. Over the course of three years they have put additional services I didn't want on my account. This has happened three times...too many to be an accident. When you call them about it, they remove the service and apologize profusely. Great company, but they will try and pull a fast one on you occasionally so review your bill each month!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I was really pleased with the customer service I received at the San Luis Obispo location when visiting from Canada. I had a bad experience with a sim bundle I bought from Best Buy that I was told would work on my iPhone 6 but didn’t and then I couldn’t get a refund after wasting an hour of my time. The next day I walked into T-Mobile and in a couple of minutes I had a working phone with unlimited everything for next to nothing for the week I was in the US. Such helpful and friendly service, T-Mobile is my go to for my next trip south of the border.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I have been with all four major carriers and have never loved my Cellular company until now! I've been with them 3 1/2 years. Not everything has been perfect, I've had some issues here and there. But that has to do with a few sales reps and not the company itself. NOT ONE SINGLE company can say that 100% of their employees are stellar! It would be impossible not to have a few bad seeds squeak through. All in all it has been a great experience.

I had bad credit and after making 12 months of on time payments they financed me a Galaxy S9 no credit check and no money down! No other company cellular or other would give me such a chance to rebuild my credit! Customer Service has been pretty great! Never on hold more than 1-3 minutes, and they almost always can address my needs! I've only been overbilled a few times which they quickly credited me for. I have a signal much better than Verizon's! I had service still camping on Mt. Shasta and even driving through Death Valley! I couldn't believe it! I highly recommend them over any other company! You can't beat their plans, signal strength or customer service!

Original review: July 22, 2019

T-Mobile, from Customer Service, to Technical Support, to Billing, to Supervisors, and Management, Thank you! To current customers and non-customers please take note as T-Mobile is where you want to stay or be in the years to come. They have amazing things coming around the corner and you will want to be a part of it. I know this because they listen to their customers and respond appropriately exceeding my expectations. My experience the last six years from both a personal and business account perspective has been most incredible, most uplifting, and most desirable a consumer could experience. When I switched carriers from Verizon to T-Mobile I was looking for an economical and quality carrier. I not only found that, but much more that exceeded any customer experience in my many decades on planet earth.

I have had some great company experiences in my lifetime and personally I have delivered top-notch Customer Service and Technical Support as well. In Aerospace I received letters of accommodation and recommendation from Japan Airlines and the Boeing Company including a Memorial from JAL. I know customer service and technical support. T-Mobile, hands down the number one company experience in my lifetime. It started six years ago when I was located in an area that had no service by any carrier. T-Mobile found a way to get me at least 2G to my phone. I did not know 2G still existed. No carrier could penetrate this structure, but T-Mobile did. They used engineering and finagled phones until they found the right combination. They never gave up to fulfill my service in a desperate situation. Two years later I switched over to a business account.

Again, out of nowhere they made my experience 100% better by assigning me a team! A team of people available to me 24/7 all seven days a week. This team knows me better than any company has in the past. They are at the meat of my business keeping my operation alive and well. T-Mobile has never wavered. I believe in their customer centric mentality throughout the company. They look at your circumstances and make decisions based on your needs and situation before their own. Their genuine concern and expertise in resolving technical issues is exemplary and unparalleled in the cell phone industry. They have helped me immensely in overcoming a changing economic landscape and every day challenges life can throw at you like theft and technical issues.

At the end of the day their actions are what separates them from any other organization. T-Mobile is behind me, in front of me, and they will be, by my side as long as I buy cell phones. One of the most impressive moments recently was when they got LG on the phone with me. The actual manufacturer. I needed backup completed beyond three phones, to help me with recovery. That was a first as they wanted me to be assured they have no limits to deliver exactly what you ask for. I want to acknowledge my team at T-Mobile with this endorsement. Thank you very much Team!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

At 76 years old, I am a confused person in this electronic world, so their personal approach in the salesroom was relaxing and interesting. Nice discounts and great phone. Insurance is cheap, and they gave me a case, which is good, I never buy them. What amazed me was that my call to customer service was instantly answered, and not just one time, many calls were magically answered right away. It turns out they are in Colorado Springs. I imagine just waiting for me to call lol. I think they are the next platform in the low price market, and the higher priced products will have to move up to them. This is the first time I have written a review that was not a complaint, but I do think they have achieved an ethical model at a fair price... Old school!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

T-Mobile charges me 25 c a minute for WhatsApp calls when I am overseas, even though I have an unlimited data package with them over 2G! Is that even legal?

It feels like a real scam. I am ok with paying 25 c if I call using GSM, but not when I am using calls over the internet. How can this be justified?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

First of all, when I opened my account with T-Mobile, they ran my credit without my approval then they pretended it was a soft inquiry. What turned out to be false.

Second their services bad that in some areas it was impossible to even make a call and I live in Washington DC. It took me to stop by their store to have them configured my internet connection on my Note 8. And finally when I finally decided to move on with another telephone company, they tried all tricks to keep me. I always paid my bills ahead of time at the beginning of the month for my plan, and when I canceled my plan (before the beginning of my monthly payment and cycle), they still charged my credit card 1 extra month.

I called them several times to ask about it, but they said I was enrolled in auto pay that why that happened, But the truth was that I canceled the auto payments 4 months earlier, so there was no reason for that last charge. And They never returned me a call and nor the money. After all I tried to login to my T-Mobile account to save some proof but they locked me from getting access to the account. They are the worst ever...

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I had no issues with T-Mobile until the end when we were trying to cancel our account because we were planning on moving. First of all, I had to pay over $100 just to cancel (this was not including paying off my phone or Apple Watch, I had already done that). Second, after we were cancelled for about a month we got an auto withdrawal for the same monthly amount as usual. When we called they said that since we canceled on the same day as the new cycle began, we had to pay for the whole last month instead of just the day use. If that’s a policy then fine but at least tell me that when I cancel! The amount was also including payments for items that I previously paid off to cancel! I told them it was a mistake but they said there was nothing they could do after talking to 2 different managers. Why am I still paying for devices I already paid off?!

We thought that was the end of it but today, 3 months later we got another auto withdrawal from T-Mobile!! We called customer service AGAIN & they said that apparently the tablet we got for free (as a promotion a while ago) wasn’t paid off & needed to be paid off!! So why did they tell me I paid everything off months before & why are they making me finish paying for it if it was free over a year ago??? I haven’t had to make any payments on it in over a year!! Overall, just to cancel we ended up paying over $500 AFTER paying off our devices. This company cares about you until you want to cancel & then they don’t care. Their service is horrible & the company we are with now, we are paying less for 2 phones than we were with T-Mobile for 1 phone. Will never go back.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Five times on the phone to Tech Support and Customer Service about their so-called "upgrade" that has been going on for months with dropped calls, can't get voicemail unless you download their buggy application that looks like a monkey programmed it (I think the monkey would do a better job). Go on Google Play and look at the reviews there for the visual mail app for T-Mobile. Pathetic!

Tech support (as it is laughingly called) appears to be populated by people who don't know how to problem solve and have a hard time reading from their little script and spend time trying arguing how good their service is (how they can do that with a straight face is beyond me). They didn't even let their customers know they were doing an upgrade and when you asked them how long it would take beyond the three months they have already been screwing things up and the answer I got was "I don't know". Well T-Mobile doesn't know a lot of things it seems. The biggest is properly testing your software BEFORE you release it and that means cross-platform QA testing on all phone models you supposedly support to make sure it works.

If there was a way on this site, I would post all the phone call recordings detailing the issues that I have had with T-Mobile and their sub-standard products and services. Strongly suggest people Use another carrier that has their act together because T-Mobile certainly doesn't. There has been over 50 people in my company alone that has dropped their personal T-Mobile service because of their incompetence and I suspect there will be more. My company has also dropped T-Mobile as a vendor for our cell phone services and good riddance. Went to another carrier and have no problems now with calls or voicemails and my current plan is less expensive with more service and options than T-Mobile. The "un-carrier"? Try the "non-carrier" for a tagline T-Mobile, it better fits how you operate.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

They try to charge me for a signal booster, which I received for $25 S&H. Some untrained T-Mobile person put a wrong statement in my file, saying that I moved or cancel service. None of that happened. But my bill is now $375.94 and I having the Customer service people telling me, they can’t hear. Even the supervisor telling me, they don’t know how. I will cancel this service with T-Mobile, because their promises are faig: free is not free,! And their service people can’t help because they are not trained at all and have a bad attitude.

I go back to AT&T, which I had 12 years without any problems, like I have in 4 months with T-Mobile. I am a German citizen and I am ashamed about their business behavior in the US. And By the way: the 99% covering America is also a lie. I have no signal between my house and work, and need a signal boost to get even some bars at my house. And it’s slower than AT&T. Never had that ugly, disrespectful, lying, fraudulent service and fees in 12 years before, signing up with AT&T. Don’t sign up with T-Mobile. Sign with AT&T or Verizon, if you need quality and customer oriented service. T-Mobile is the worst you can do for yourself.

T-Mobile Company Information