T-Mobile

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I just wanted to say that I have worked retail for quite some time. I've worked at two other major cell carriers as a sales person/manager, and also at a very large internet service provider. One of the biggest reason I chose T-Mobile was because of their customer-centric focus and CEO's attitude against the practice of treating customers like dollar signs. I'm very upset with the way that I was treated and that no one will take ownership of the problem that was not caused by me. I was placed on hold 3 different times while the representative looked into the issue, only to be cold transferred to another unsuspecting agent. I spoke with a supervisor who also did the exact same thing to me after he was frustrated that I wanted a decent resolution to my problem. I have never experienced anything like this before; frankly I'm shocked at the lack of ownership or care from the people I spoke with.

On Sunday, March 19th 2017 after 14 months of not taking advantage of my JUMP! On Demand feature, I finally decided to upgrade my new phone. I was pretty excited about the LG V20 and was looking forward to getting the phone as soon as possible because of a trip I have planned later this week. I considered venturing into the nearest store but because I'm handicapped and without a vehicle, traveling to a store entails a special bus that has to come taxi me around and the time slots available usually leave me waiting for quite some time.

I called in to the sales department around 6:00 pm pacific time and was able to complete my order for the V20 in about an hour. If you were to pull the call and listen to it, I explicitly asked for overnight shipping multiple times. She said that shipping would cost 24.99, which I agreed with and asked her to proceed. When it got time to pay the charge came to only 6.99, and she told me that overnight shipping must have been free. I pulled up the email to sign the documents and looked through them quickly, where I saw the charge for 6.99 shipping. I glanced around and couldn't find any information on the shipping other than the cost; there were no details about the logistics of the package.

About 20 minutes after the call was over, I called back to make sure that insurance had been added to the phone, and I also wanted to double check that things had been done properly. They hadn't. UPS ground had been chosen for my order on accident so I asked for it to be fixed. They told me it couldn't be fixed and that there was nothing they could do. The only way I'd be able to get a phone sooner than that would be to go into a store, where they would be able to remedy the situation. I spoke with a supervisor who said the same thing, and eventually got frustrated with me, put me on hold, and cold transferred me somewhere else.

The next gentleman was trying to be helpful, but he also said that there was nothing he could do. He did tell me that if I went into the store that they'd be able to fix things. He was nice enough to credit me 10 dollars after spending 2 hours on the phone but that did little to resolve my issue. The next day I called the store near me to see if they had the phone in stock and if they could, in fact, fix my issue. They said that they would be able to fix things so I reluctantly called up the local Tri-Met handicapped bus service and scheduled a pickup. I also had to setup a return trip, the soonest was 1 hours after the drop off.

When I got to the store and started to explain the issue, I was cut off before I could even finish my story. The manager told me that she already knew that there was nothing she could do to get me a phone today. I asked if she'd please try, that they'd told me if I came into a store I'd be able to get my phone today and simply refuse delivery of the one that would show up 7 or 8 days from now. Customer service had told me that if there was an issue, the store would be able to call them and resolve things. She did eventually call care, and they agreed with her in that there was nothing they would be able to do for me.

I decided to call back into care because I know that there are exceptions for everything and that if someone with authority really wanted to, they'd be able to fix this. The first person I spoke with agreed that there should be a way to fix this and to give him just a second to try and figure things out. He then cold transferred me again while I was on hold. The final two people were kind, and both seemed like they genuinely wanted to help. The last woman I spoke with seemed to try and find a resolution, but it seemed like her supervisors weren't really giving her any options.

Later that night while speaking with T-Mobile through their Facebook page, I received a call from their executive response team. The gentleman was kind and helpful, promising to personally have a device sent to me with overnight shipping, and that it would be taken care of early in the morning on March 21st. I was told that because of the special circumstances, I was to be credited 20 dollars and that I would need to grab a UPS label to send back my Note 5. I was to receive an email with the order information and tracking number sometime in the morning. As of 7:15 PM PST I have not received an email. I asked T-Mobile's through Facebook and Twitter if they'd be able to help me out, and there were no orders or notes created regarding the conversation I had with the gentleman on the phone.

With all of the issues going on, I should have written down the extension he was calling from and his name. After our conversation I felt content about the resolution and really believed everything would be resolved. While talking with T-Mobile about the phantom tracking number, I was browsing the website, looking to pick up some Beats and protection for my phone. I noticed that the LG V20 went on sale and was about 300 dollars off. I have obviously not received my phone at this point and wanted to take advantage of the sale.

I found out that I would need to essentially refuse the shipment, wait until it was received back at the warehouse, and then Reorder (if it was still on sale) so that I could be charged the sale amount. This is absolutely ridiculous and I am EXTREMELY frustrated. I know that my account isn't a big name account with a large MRC, but I'm still a customer - one that was an advocate for T-Mobile up until this point. I'm at a loss for what to do now, none of this makes any sense.

I switched over to T-Mobile One for a few months because I had a trip to Europe and they have unlimited (3G) data in Europe with T-Mobile One. First, the service was better than expected in Europe. I really can't complain about this part. Next, once I got home (USA), the service was terrible. I would constantly have to reset my phone settings over and over to try to find any signal at all. It was an unlimited 4G plan, but I never used more than a 1 GB data in either month because it was impossible to get service.

I am going to back to Europe in the summer, and was planning to keep T-Mobile through that trip, but it was literally like walking around with an iPhone Touch because of how poor their service was. I decided to switch back to a different carrier exactly 2 months after starting coverage with T-Mobile. They were supposed to be the "uncarrier". No fees for cancellation. I placed my order on 12/9/2016, received my SIM in the mail and activated service on 12/16/16. I canceled the service on 2/8/17 and they sent me a bill for the entire next month, charging me for 3 months of service, when they even discontinued online access to my account immediately at the 2 month mark. They sent me harassing letters where they threatened to contact collections agencies to get the extra month of payment.

I called them and explained that I had only been a customer and utilized services for those 2 months. They said they understood, but that because I hadn't ported my number over on 2/7/17 (1 day earlier), that a new billing cycle had been activated and must be paid for a full month. They charged me $81 for a month, where they didn't even allow me access to services. When I called, they told me that logic and rational meant nothing because their policy is to rip people off whenever possible (my words, their policy). After complaining, they told me that they could meet me halfway. They would offer a credit of $40 off of a bill of $81, that I never received services for.

I tried to explain that halfway, isn't charging for 1 month of service (or half a month of service) when you have access to an account for less than 24 hours in a billing cycle. This is a terrible company. I expressed my dismay at their poor business practices, and that my plan (originally) was to switch back to them in June for 2 months over the summer (while back in Europe). Instead, now I'll just get a European sim card when I arrive and do pay as you go over there instead. Beware of this company. It's horrible.

I would have given 5 star service if my process from switching from AT&T to T-Mobile would have been smooth. I went into the retail store yesterday (everyone in the retail store was great including the rep that helped me). He had to call into credit/activations to resume an account that I previously had. I ported three numbers over (which were all voice lines) and I had a tablet which needed a new number, the activations rep ported all numbers but put my wife's number and assigned it to a data line, then cancelled the number and replaced my tablet with a new number. By doing so she cancelled the port that was completed successfully, and sent my wife's number into Limbo.

Several calls with the Number transfer center each one of them tells me they will escalate it and I should have my number back within 4-6 hours. It's been over 8 hours and still don't have it. First rep told me that he's escalating it, but never did apparently. 2nd rep I spoke with at 10pm last night assured me that by 4am the number would be on my wife's device. 6 AM this morning still nothing. Called back and spoke with a rep Luis who said there must have been a technical issue and resubmitted another ticket but promised me my number would be back in 4-6 hours. Definitely not holding my breath on this one as apparently all T-Mobile knows how to do is lie to customers! And make matters worse they didn't even offer me any compensation for their mistake! Shame on them!

I can name countless occasions with T-Mobile. First of all, if you are with another carrier PLEASE, I REPEAT, PLEASE DO NOT SWITCH TO T-MOBILE. The connection was/is so bad.. They said with two lines my bill would be $135 but my first month's bill was $263??? I have a iPhone and J7. Purchased the J7 straight up full price ($239) put $414 ($730 retail) on iPhone. How we owe $956 8 months later?? Mind you they cut the phones off a month ago at $710. But it leaped to the new amount.. They don't care. I will be contacting Fox News and the BBB.. They are a rip off. STAY AWAY!!!

5 days ago I went in and asked to pay off everything, I was changing companies due to poor coverage. Paid what they stated 295.00. Couldn't close the account due to have a signal booster that needed returned. Today I attempted to return the booster. Surprise, I'm told I owe 200 more dollars because the phone was "on another screen in their computer". They rang everything up, I paid the money they requested. Asked for the phone to be unlocked. 25 minutes in the store on the phone with customer service, then they tell me they can't, so it's "been lifted to a higher level". I said "close my account, forget the phone unlock". I want everything with T-Mobile terminated. Surprise, another payment of 240.00 dollars will need to be paid for your "business account" bill.

Apparently they can't get everything to be paid at once, or accept my signal booster because it needs to be mailed. Pass the shipping bill onto customers?? What, that doesn't make sense. I am so frustrated with T-Mobile, their surprise bills, company protocols that aren't helpful to customers and the poor coverage. At this point I will discourage any of my friends, family or anyone I come across from doing business with these (surprise Germany based company) ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Went into store to get a SIM card. Sales girl talked me into utilizing the IPad promo (two free IPADS for the price of $1.11 tax per month with unlimited data), that was in December. I've had to call every single month! First to get the charge removed for cost of IPADs, then to get data charge removed. All of a sudden my card information is not correct in their system and I get a text message about fees and penalties. They've been withdrawing just fine for the past 13 YEARS, but now my info reverted back to an old card?!? Give me a break. I've been with T-Mobile longer than the CEO/COO! Never go to a brick and mortar store!

They keep switching me over and over to reps. Then can't get honest answers from them. Liars!! Scammers. Don't return money that is in account. Now can't find account after I transfer service. Hmm coincidence???

My experience was terrible with T-Mobile. I switched from AT&T and they told me I would be reimbursement my final payments to AT&T. I did everything they asked me to, and all they do is give me a runaround. These people are terrible. It's been more than a month since I've sent my phone I had with AT&T to them. UPS said it was delivered on the 8th of February and they are saying they haven't received it. I sent my final bill 3 times and they say they got it and few days after they call to say they don't have it. I would never recommend my worst enemy to move over to T-Mobile. These guys are out to rip people off.

My Phone does not swim so I was faced with replacing my Samsung S5 that I owned. I currently have 2 S5's and a tablet with another carrier. The promotion at Costco was Switch 2 phones and 1 tablet, "Unlimited data with direct pay" and the bill would be $100.00 including taxes. I would be responsible for the monthly of $15.00 for 24 months for my new Samsung S7!

The kiosk men gave me the sim cards necessary to adapt (I own them) my other S5 and tablet. I changed the SIM cards and voila we were in business. NOT SO! After 4-5 trips back to the Kiosk and many phone calls to T-Mobile I am using my Buyers Remorse Clause! First call was to attempt to get the new SIM card phones compliant with TMobiles systems. The technicians asked "whose phones are these"? "Mine." "No who is the provider". "Verizon"... "Oh these phones are not compatible with our system". "What!" I went back the next day to the Kiosk and they assured me that with some minor changes the phone would be a go. Yes it was. No it wasn't. We could not sent texts with pictures or receive texts with photos. The problems continued to mount.

The second call to T-Mobile a Marcia was Very and I mean Very nice welcoming me to T Mobile. She would send me a welcoming text to attach my last bill so they would take care of it! Mentioned that our old phones would get up to $250 credit towards a new phone, on and on... and to go back to the Kiosk and all would be taken care of as well as the bill...

Well on thing led to the next and I was back at the Kiosk with the old (Verizon) phone. The Kiosk finally realized that nothing they did would make the phone compatible. I said "give me another Samsung S7 and we are good to go". The price changed from $15.00 a month for 24 months to $ 24.00 a month, and the most they would give me credit for my "old phone" was $45.00!!!

At this point I was 1 day past the Buyers Remorse period and when I called TMobile they conveniently would not do anything and seemed to not have the notes on my account promising to pay my last Verizon bill. I escalated it until I was blue in the face but to no avail. The best deal would be for them to take care of the first 3 months and I would be responsible for the remaining 21 months.

"Great" I said "you Guys are good you pay the first 3 months at $15.00 and I am responsible for the next 21 months". "Uhh no sir the 21 months will be at 24.00 a month. The initial deal is off the table." So I said "TMobile is not going to honor a new client with the deal that they lured me in with. I think that is called Bait and Switch". "Well sir I am sorry you feel that way". I said "that's not the point. The point is that when I signed up the boys at the Kiosk said my old phone would be compatible but after 4+ trips back and forth to the Kiosk they threw in the towel and I get the short end of the stick". At this point I have been duped by TMobile and am in dispute of the contract. 15 days in and under dispute. Wow another indication of the Corporate mentality that is get the new customer at all costs and then when they are not looking "stick it to them"!

I recently wanted to change my plan with T-Mobile only to be told that since I have a "Jump!" lease, I owe either the remainder months' lease payments and then return the phone, or pay the remainder months' lease payments and an additional 166.99 to purchase before I can change my phone plan with T-Mobile or even if I want to cancel my phone service with them. I don't want the phone and am returning it, but they say I owe over $307 for future lease payments.

The T-Mobile store I got the phone and plan from told me that I could cancel the lease anytime, no obligation to purchase, and when I went in to talk to a manager about the issue, I was told they don't have managers at the T-Mobile stores. T-Mobile store at 10831 E. Foothill Blvd, Suite 102, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, (909) 948-7162. They disabled my online account, so I can't even send them a 30 day notice of cancellation as they request in the phone contract.

FYI -- There is a class action suit against T-Mobile for the lease fees they still want when you return the phone to either change plans or to cancel phone service with T-Mobile. The T-Mobile Hidden Fees Class Action Lawsuit is Moshe Farhi, et al. vs. T-Mobile USA Inc., Case No. 9:16-cv-80580, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.

I had called a T-mobile store. Independence Plaza Selden NY 631-320-1440. I called this store so many times before someone finally answered. I asked if they had a signal router in stock and she told me I had the wrong number. Then when I called back she picked up the phone and hung up 2 more times. Then I used a different phone number and she answered, and told me I had the wrong number again. I told her it is a T-mobile device signal booster she quickly said they didn't have any. A min ago she didn't know what it was. Now this store is 2 miles away. They might have one but I have to now walk there to find out because of this person whom does not know her job. Thank you. My service over the phone with T-mobile customer service was excellent.

I switched from Cricket to TMobile 2013. But ever since I switched to Tmobile it has been horrible. I have 5 phones and threes line on my account, have paid off two phones. Unfortunately, I called Tmobile rep. to report to them that they are still charging, the lady told me that I need to continue paying so I can own the phone. Have already pay for the phone, but she told me that I should continue with the payment to own the phone. Tmobile is a disaster, is not good at all. I wish I never switched to Tmobile. I will not advise any of my friends, household, relatives or my enemies to use Tmobile. I'm really angry now cause I see no reason why I should pay extra money on the phone.

I was given 4 different amounts for my down payment. Then charged a higher price from my checking account. Next day air delivery and it's been 4 days that they have had my money.They advertise they will pay all your phones off with the other company. But if you have the smartphones they make you downgrade in order to go with T-Mobile. The two sales people didn't know what they were doing. It went from $342.00 to $529.00 then $561.97 was the price I didn't know about. Still have no phones 5 days now. THE WORST EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD. T-Mobile needs to train.

Tmobile is among the worst of the worst cell carrier. I've had them all and they all have one thing in common: money, money, money, bad service, bad service, bad service. They advertise unlimited data but they forgot to tell you that it is not unlimited. They decide to throttle you at their convenience. My bills were unbelievable. I was supposed to be $40 a month for everything on two phones. My minimum bill was in the 200s every month. I have a hotspot that is totally useless. I have nothing much more to say except stay away, beware. I went back to Metro Pcs. That is the best buy for the money service is. Unbelievable. $70 a month for two phones one with 1 GB data, the other with 4 GB data which is more than enough for me to use. I am just waiting for the day where all cell phone companies have to give their services away because of their greediness.

I have a business account which offers 4 lines. I have my daughter and granddaughter on this account. In September the local store had a promotion. It was if you get a phone or iPad that qualify, all you had to do was have the account open for 24 months and you would be credited back for the price of the phone/iPad every month. My daughter took advantage on a Saturday and sent me on Sunday. She got a phone and I got a phone and IPad. We have had to call or go to the store about the bill every month since. I found out today that our phones don't qualify and I will have to pay $15 more each month for my iPad. Is there a lawsuit pending?

T-Mobile has poor customer service. It doesn't provide a good network for the amount of money paid monthly, and the family deals are extremely expensive. The customer support lies about rates. They charge a certain amount one month and increase charges the next. Overall, a lying overpriced cell phone carrier company.

Consumer Increased Rating!
T mobile stepped up and did the right thing. I am now happy and the resolve was mutual for them and myself.

I suggest if you have any issues with T mobile go to the Facebook team!

Christopher of Pasco, WA on

Original Review

Recently we were looking at some family plans. I started with my carrier T-Mobile whom I have had service with for well over 5 years. I was not on a contract.

When we started looking into these plans T-Mobile would NOT let me keep my phone number which I have had for well over a decade, they would allow me to switch and go to the family plans as long as I would relinquish my number. Now all the carriers are coming out with these family plans for around $30 a month per line for unlimited services and I have been paying well over $100 a month for years.

I went to a competitor and they had no problem with me keeping my phone number. Of course if you have any "equipment contracts" they must be paid off before you port your phone over to another carrier which I promptly did. T-Mobile starting sending me texts about the family plan to my phone after I went into the store and they would NOT allow me to keep my number (I don't think it was coincidence). When I called T-Mobile of course THEN I'm a Platinum customer and they want me to speak AGAIN to an account representative and I politely told them there was no need as I have already done that, and they were unable to provide the customer service I required which was to keep my number. REMEMBER I was NOT under contract.

This morning I called T-Mobile to make sure that all service was cancelled and to make sure that all was paid. Well guess what one day of service is NOT prorated contract or not and they are charging me for a full month service as my phone was ported one day after (or so they said)... "So you're not going to even prorate for 1 day of service to a Platinum customer who you refused to let me keep my number and you had first shot to keep my account and who is currently not under contract"? The answer was "NO we are billing you for another cycle" which cost me well over $100.

I'm disgusted by how T-Mobile will offer NEW clients the "WORLD" but not offer existing clients the same offers they extend to new clients. So I hope this review cost T-Mobile 10 fold of the money of what I feel they stole from me. So let's get to the phones. Samsung Galaxy 4 worked just phone but kept saying error of memory full. Well phone said 92% available. Of course the T-Mobile sales guy said "outdated" "you need a new phone" which I reluctantly did (a flip phone would be fine for me) and was sold a LG4 which took me several days to get operational.

Now a while ago I had an Otter case which I dropped and broke. I went into the T-Mobile store which I got the LG4 from like 8 months prior. Of course the answer was "we don't carry that phone or accessories any more. I suggest you get a new phone as the one you have is outdated"... My response was this is a new phone. Frustrated I stopped at a repair shop in the mall... the fellow behind the counter says "call Otter" which Otter promptly replaced the case at no charge (BTW Kudos to Otter). Do you think my T-Mobile guy would have told me, no he wanted me to buy another phone. I ended my call today with T-Mobile after some 15 minutes with a 4 letter word followed by T-Mobile. No customer service, no wanting to keep existing clients.

I move from Verizon to T-Mobile to lower my monthly payments. I got 2 phones from Verizon, Samsung Galaxy 6 and a Droid Turbo 2. I keep the Samsung Galaxy 6 for my son, just get a sim card for it. The Droid was a different story, T-Mobile don't carry that brand. This phone don't have a space for sim card, so I order a used Samsung Galaxy 6 (I pay for it totally) and my Droid gotta no use, T-Mobile give me a option to get a reimbursement for my Verizon phone. I just need to put the phone on the same box they sent me with a Samsung Galaxy 6 (the one I purchase).

They send me a sticker inside the box with address. I wait, no reimbursement. I call like 6 times. One of them told me "we got your phone." Another (supervisor) listen the records of conversations when the deal was made, bottom line no phone, no money, all excuses, not my fault. I move to MetroPCS and the bills still coming (not surprising). Try to cancel account I call, call volume of customers too high. Supposed to receive a call back like before when I was a customer, still waiting. I'm Portuguese, my English it's not the best but always pay my bills on time! Customer service from T-Mobile it's a mess (Droid Turbo 2, 600.00 dollars phone gone)! Don't trust them!

Very poor customer service and communications. I switched phone companies after not being able to resolve problems I was having with T-Mobile. From February 15th through March 5th 2017 their customer service was very unreliable and misleading on multiple occasions. I was told a multitude of answers for the resolution of the problem of paying off my phone lease and purchase of my phone. I never received the same answer twice by any two representatives I communicated with during this entire time at store level or during phone support. I was lied to by multiple representatives that calls would be returned and emails sent for verification's that were never sent as promised.

I was recharged for service that had already been paid. I was told the phone I was leasing had been paid off and that the phone would be unlocked by T-Mobile for use with any other company that sold service with the same smartphone. It wasn't until I threatened to contact my attorney that they finally validated the resolution by email to resolve the issue and it still hasn't been resolved. I will never use T-Mobile again and I have been with them for many years. They are very undependable and misleading. I would never recommend using T-Mobile unless you get every single communication from them in writing.

T-Mobile is not worth it at all. I switched to them from Sprint and now I'm with Verizon. I received my last Sprint bill in the mail for $518.10. I did a trade in with them and everything so I still owe Sprint their money for my old iPhone 6s and I find it very unfair that T-Mobile gets to keep both phones and I also purchased a pair of PowerBeats Headphones and bow. Since my acct is canceled they refuse to take the beats back and they are saying that the Sprint phone is theirs to keep and there is basically nothing they can do about it. But I refuse to let them think they are getting away with this. They need to reimburse me with something!

So we canceled our service with T-Mobile last fall. We called them and paid everything ahead of time and told them of our plans. The representative was cordial and made a half attempt at trying to get us to stay even after I made it abundantly clear we would be starting a new service with another carrier. We didn't have a contract with T-Mobile or one with our new carrier. About two weeks after switching we received a paper bill (which we never received when we had service with them). It was for two times our monthly and some change. We had already called them prior to switching and the new carrier canceled with T-Mobile (which was immediately evident since my T-Mobile login ceased working and I received notice that my T-Mobile service was terminated from T-Mobile).

Now T-Mobile is sending a letter that claims to be a collection agency with the promise at the end of the letter to turn our service back on if we just pay it. This is even more shady than I expected. I'll take the ding to my credit and will more than happy tell the collection agency I won't pay a bill that was fabricated after I switched. I paid for all the services and paid full price for a phone that they had promised would be $200 less when we started with them. Any potential customers be forewarned. What my carrier prior to T-Mobile said was true. We didn't stay with T-Mobile and it was after prolonged horrible service!

I disconnected my line with T-mobile on 12/21 (moved to AT&T). My due date to pay my monthly fee was 12/20. T-mobile charged me a full month (Dec. 20 / January 19) for one day of service. After about 10 calls and spending countless hours on the phone with different people and promises (with refund confirmation # at each call) of a refund in the next 3 business days, today I was told that, "T-Mobile has a policy of charging an entire month worth of charges if you use the service for one day!" Not only I was robbed $58.93 (they refunded 0.42) but every time I called they promised a full refund. I will never ever use T-Mobile again and be aware of this scam!

I went to T-Mobile store and opened an account after being told what the ACTUAL costs would be including all fees and taxes. When the bills began arriving, they were much higher than I had been told. When I complained, T-Mobile told me that the government had just imposed new fees. When I checked that claim, I found that it was wrong.

From the coverage to the "unlimited" data to the truthfulness of customer service and the bill... Not one thing was the truth. I live in a tough area to get good cell service and I was promised better service with more T-Mobile towers in my area (lie #1 it is a dominant AT&T area which they knew I was switching from). I was told unlimited data and if there was no T-Mobile tower, it would use whatever tower available to roam so I would never lose coverage. (lie 2... If roaming for data, you only receive a certain amount of data. In a day and a half my data was shut off unless on wifi).

I was told if I purchase just the sd cards for the 6 lines I want to bring over, I can do one at a time no problem whenever I wanted to switch over. No timeline. I got a 200.00 bill before the first month was up I had not even activated one line yet. This was "credited off" but a month later is still showed I owe in a fraudulent state. I was told by numerous different representatives that I would get 120.00 back to my acct for the sd cards since it was not my fault... Today, the 7th rep, 2nd manager I talked to was rude and also informed me there were no notes stating I was promised a refund and that I was not going to get one. I have requested someone higher up call me back which they stated would be 72 hours. I am not hopeful this will be taken care of and would never recommend this company to anyone.

If you're interested in cutting cost and trying to save money T-Mobile is the wrong company to sign with. I've been getting ripped off since I signed up. They aren't giving you anything FREE!!! They slip it all in on your bill. I've been getting overcharged and charged for items they claimed were going to be free...

Hi, I am very much frustrated with T-Mobile. I was very much happy with AT&T previously. I have switched to T-Mobile. First they have reduced trade in amount for phone lines. Also they have implemented T-Mobile Tuesday service. In the T-Mobile Tuesday they have announced Free line to account. When I called T-Mobile now they are saying I am not eligible for T-Mobile Free because I am already having 3 lines.

On 2/26/17 at approximately 5 pm my daughter and I walked into T-Mobile store 9125 in West Sacramento, California. Upon entrance, three store employees glanced up at us, did not acknowledge us and continued with their customers. No one took our name or even said anything like "someone will be right with you". We sat down and began to wait. Approximately 10 minutes later, a gentleman walked through the door and immediately the female and one male worker greeted him with a "welcome to T-Mobile." I immediately told my daughter "let's go" and we went to the T-Mobile in Natomas.

The experience at the Natomas store was completely the opposite. We were greeted and my name was taking in order to serve customers in the order that they arrived. Jason ended up helping us with all of our needs and he was friendly, informative and very accommodating. Whenever I need to go into a T-Mobile store, I normally go into the Natomas store since we live nearby, but because I was out and wanted to go to the super Walmart and T-Mobile I went to West Sacramento ince they are both in the same shopping center. I will never patronize the West Sacramento store again and I strongly suggest no one else does either.

T-Mobile Customer Service and Store # 1672. First of all I was enticed to the store by an advertisement that turned out to be very misleading. Then, silly me, I continued with a purchase anyway. The Galaxy S7 was advertised as $360 in both in store advertisement and on their website. So I selected the Two line plan for $100/month and then the Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy J7 at $249. I asked for written confirmation of the phone prices and service plan, the salesperson said "You'll get all that after it's rung up." So again, silly me trusted them and continued.

At the check out counter I paid $175 cash and $245 by debit card. They took the cash jammed it into the drawer and then crashed the computer. So the manager said move to this other register. Again tried to ring up the sale. After about 90 minutes I finally get the debit screen to enter my card information, all that was shown to me there was two more additional charges of $20 each "for set up" and the $245 being charged to my card.

Then he and the manager said we can't print out any details of the sale, "computer problems", I pressed the issue and finally saw some paperwork which showed the price of the Galaxy S7 I was charged was $576 instead of the advertised $360. I also noted that the down payment I made of $420 ($175 cash and $245 debit) showed up as ONLY $320. I checked my bank statement online and confirmed the $245 withdrawn so that means that somehow the salesperson pocketed about $100 from the cash.

I asked for an itemized receipt of the charges, they said "Can't print that, computer problems." I said I wasn't paying that much for a phone and told them to cancel the whole sale. The salesperson said "I'll have to charge you a restocking fee of $50 per phone." I said "I haven't even left the register, I'm not paying that either." Knowing there were problems the manager left the store prior to the sale being rung up. I asked them "call the manager." He said "No, can't do that. You'll have to come back Wednesday as she is off tomorrow". Then he said "call the customer service number".

Chapter two of a series of unfortunate events: I called the T-Mobile customer service number, the recording stated "hold time between 33 - 57 minutes press 1 and we'll call you back". Again, silly me still believing did that. I got a callback, voice automated saying "If you are ___ ____ press 1" so I did, then it said again "I __ __ is on the phone press 2" so I did, then the voice automated machine said it again, then said "You have exceeded the number of tries allowed "GOODBYE." I called customer service back again, wait time now 1 hour 12 minutes, didn't fall for the call back trick this time and waited on the phone. Finally got someone, I explained all the problems, she said the phone went up in price, I told her "you have to sell the phone at the advertised price" and that I even took a picture of the price by the phone in the store. Eventually she said I'll send you to customer loyalty to see what they can do.

Chapter Three: I get customer loyalty person on the phone explained everything all over again and when I was done, she disconnected me. Mind you I was a complete gentleman and polite the whole time. So I called customer service back again, this time waiting 1 hour 40 minutes. I think their computer finds your number when you call back and progressively adds wait time to your call to wear you down and discourage you from continuing, but since I'm a Former Marine, that didn't work. So I waited. Meanwhile I thought, thinking positively that all would turn out well, I should charge the new phones. The S7 started charging, the Galaxy J7 would not charge, as if I hadn't had a bad enough experience yet, this was added to the long list of PROBLEMS with T-MOBILE.

I finally got someone, went through all the stuff again with them. I should have recorded my long list of problems and just played it back to them like their automated machines did to me. I don't even remember the number of times I had to start over and repeat the whole long list of issues. Anyway, this lady said she was going to escalate it to higher management and she would call me back the next day. Since I didn't get off the phone with her until about 1:45 am if she meant later that same day or the next day. Either way I am worried now that the tactics being employed are just being used to expire my three day right of return and then end up with getting stuck with $100 cash stolen, about $200 overcharge and a dead phone that won't charge. If they get away with it they will have ripped me off for $539.

I'm still fighting them. It's pretty bad that a company thinks it has to behave this way to make a profit and stay in business. I can only recommend 1) Never pay cash for anything - use debit or credit card, 2) Get everything in writing prior to letting anything get rung up and 3) STAY as far away from T-Mobile as you can especially Store # 1672 in Greensboro, NC.

I've had numerous problems with the company, including an incorrect bill that I had to call to get corrected monthly for near a year. They gave me some reimbursements, but not every agent was helpful, and ultimately it has been very stressful to have to keep monitoring, and repeating the same story over and over, and getting different feedback, different apologies, different results month to month.

More recently, I discovered more incorrect information I was given when I signed up. At the time, I had asked the employee what the repercussions were to stopping my agreement, and he said "nothing-- just give the phones back and you're done." When I recently asked a customer service agent, however, if I could stop my plan, she said that I would have to pay off the phones (not just give them back for not completing payment on them) and that in addition to paying off the "lease" I would need to pay an addition $200 or so per phone--so over $800.00.

So now I find out I'm leasing, not buying the phone, and there's no way I can afford to get out of the plan. Forget that the service doesn't work half the time, that two of the phones are duds with constant problems (and we handed in phones we loved), and the constant billing problems. This idea they sell that you're not tied in to a plan is a lie. Of course, I should have stopped to read the whole several page contract first, but you try doing that in a store with two tired kids shortly after a divorce. I just needed to know that I could in touch with my kids who were going to have to be alone a lot-- but the payments are killing me, and there's no way out. In many ways, T-Mobile is worse than the other big companies, because they advertise how much better they are in terms of not roping you in or slapping you with fees, and it just isn't true.

Old customer. I see a lot of people on here trapped by T-mobile because they have great rates. But you know dang well their service is horrible. Dropped calls all day long. And every accused why your phone keeps dropping. 99% of the time, they try to blame it on your cell phone or they are working on a tower. T-mobile was suppose to link with At&t awhile back, but they it got blocked by the govt. but At&t still had to pay T-mobile all this money. I'm pretty sure it was billions.

So, instead of taking that money and making the towers better. They sunk that money into other useless things like advertising like crazy and store fronts and other dumb crap. You would think that they would put that towards better technology to keep customers happy. But T-mobile has gotten too big to give a crap about customers now. I truly hated having to go to Verizon because I was scared to lose the totally unlimited from t-mobile. But I could take the dropped calls any longer. So my bill only went up $40 more dollars at Verizon. Of course my data was limited but I managed. I'm now glad I got away from T-mobile, I haven't had one dropped call and I get signal in places I never did. And now, Verizon is unlimited as well. And I thought, OH CRAP!! It's going to be like T-mobile now with too many people. But it's not (so far). My data is even faster.

I was a diehard T-mobile since the day they opened. NO JOKE!! And I'm telling you, they will never change. They use to kiss the customer’s behinds on the phone, but now, they have foreign call centers that don't care and sometimes hangs up on you. The service from them has gone in the toilet. They are just advertising more and more, but doing nothing to better the quality of service. Trust me when I say this, JUMP OFF THE T-MOBILE BAND WAGON. Go to Verizon. BTW, T-mobile will go out of their way to make sure there is some kind of charge once you leave them. I had a mysterious charge that they sent right to collections without even contacting me. This is the scandalous crap they are doing now.

T-Mobile Company Profile