T-Mobile

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I went to T-Mobile for a promotion that included a free line of service and I upgraded two lines, in which I traded two phones for the credit. The salesperson told me my final bill was going to be $261 every month. When I received my first bill it came up $385. I went to the store again and was there for two hours, they called headquarters and went through my plan right in front of me, and told they made a mistake and everything was fixed. They charge me only $220 for the first bill supposedly because of my troubles. Second bill came again now $353 plus they the balance transfer of the first bill since they said I did not pay the total amount.

Mind you I have direct payment so I can get the discount. I'm tired of calling to fixed the issue since they only give you the runaround. I told them I never agree to paid almost $400 per month for service since they never gave me any prove stating what they told me my bill was going to be is my word against them. I feel taken advantage of and a sense of impotence since I don't know what else to do. If I don't paid they would ruined my credit, someone needs to do something. I don't recommend T-Mobile and if you are planning to upgrade or get new service get written prove of the amount you are supposed to paid, so if they try to overcharge you, is not just your words against theirs.

Store representatives are rude, call center reps are rude! They LIE, they are seriously crooks and the service sucks!!! They lost my business today and I will tell everyone I know to NEVER do business with this company.

T-MOBILE UPGRADED THEIR TOWER FROM 4-G TO SOMETHING ELSE. I complained, that we were having trouble with our phones, several times. After about a month of complaining, they informed me, that our phones needed to be upgraded, to work with the new tower set up. They said they would credit my account, BUT I received a bill for what they say I owe. I called T-Mobile again, and the person I was talking to, said that was the bill, and she could not do anything for me. They were slow and little help with my phone and phone transfer to Consumer Cellular. Sorry to end a long history with T-mobile, with such crappy service at the end.

I have been marketing my business for weeks using my phone number front and center for contact by possible new clients. So today I find out from an email from a former colleague that some guy is answering my phone and says he doesn't know me. So it seems T-Mobile has been my forwarding calls and voice mails from my phone number to another unrelated phone number. How is this possible when I didn't ask or want for this? Did some random employee punk me anonymously? I never set up the forwarding and never intended that my business calls go to a complete stranger. Is it possible T-Mobile is just too big that it can no longer manage the needs of a small business. I feel harmed. I feel duped. I am angry I wasted so much of my time, energy, and money trying to growing my business that didn't have a chance to work because of T-Mobile's negligence forwarding my number in error.

I paid my cell bill timely and in full and I deserve better care, service, and treatment from this company just on general principle. It is so obvious that T-Mobile doesn't care at all for their customers. The two phone calls I had to make to T-Mobile to try to sort this out (The first call T-Mobile nicely disconnected me after leaving me on hold for 22 minutes - a good way to escalate things, wouldn't you say?) is also proof of their lack of regard for customers. I feel so angry about such poor service and bias, poor customer service and lack of even meeting minimum expectations of adequate cell service - receiving calls. T-Mobile lost a long time customer today and another 6 related lines.

We never received notification our govt discount was expiring until the bill came. Called and they told us they would not revise the current invoice but to renew our discount online and it would apply to the next bill. Next bill came around (still no discount) and we were told that it was because we renewed in the middle of the cycle and it would show up next month. Another month rolls around (no discount) and we were to try renewing again. See a pattern here? Then next month rolls around - same crap about it showing up on the next pay cycle. Called today as the next bill came out once again with no discount and they told us to renew again. BEYOND frustrated with them. Do not recommend if you have a discount you want to use - they are not willing to take responsibility if they mess up on their end and will not fix the bill.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

When I went on my account it said I bought a PRE CERT PHONE which I did not ask them to prove that I did not and they could not. So I broke my phone called and went to T-Mobile. Got 5 different answers from 5 different reps about the insurance. For 2 days I was going back and forth with them. I was, and stress WAS, a customer for 9 years. I was told I had it through the JUMP program then was told I did not have insurance through that jump program then I was told yeah put a claim in and it was denied. THEY SUCK. Incompetent, deceitful, need retrained to do their jobs right. I went to SPRINT and love it.

The experience with Tmobile is terrible after my attempt and tried talking to 3 Tmobile Customer Service Rep. I was tossed 3 times in a row after explaining 3 times that I had made a settlement with AmSher Collection back in November of 2016 and now here is January 2017 they have blocked my phone and they are still trying to charge me a balance of $98.00 and some change after 3 months of a paid in full settlement.

I saw a free upgrade on my device and signed up online for the free upgrade. However I saw a trade-in value of 0$ when I was processing it, and called in to the T-Mobile agent. They assured me, I would get full value for my trade-in, so I went ahead and processed it. On completion, I received an email again saying that the trade-in value was 0$... Which worried me again, so I called in and talked to another customer rep to cancel my trade-in and they assured me again that I would get full value and that there was no need to cancel it.

When I shipped my old device back after receipt of the new one, I received a trade-in value of less than full amount in the form of a statement credit (around 25% of full value)... And I continued getting bills for payments on both phones since I was on a monthly payment plan. So, effectively I paid 175 % value for a new phone + use of the old phone for a few months. And was duped on the trade-in value by their agents. Never doing business with them again!!

When we switched over to T-Mobile, it seemed like a great deal. We were promised the same bill amount every month and great coverage. LIES. The actual cell service was awful, calls were constantly dropped, and on top of that our bill climbed higher and higher every month with hidden fees and customer service claimed they had a right to add fees any time, regardless of the fact we were promised that would not happen.

We got tired of the ever increasing bill, so we decided to go to ATT. They had a great promo running, so we traded our phones to them and got a switcher offer. We then contacted T-Mobile to get a final bill to send to ATT. It was $750. We sent that in, then several weeks later we got a notice saying T-Mobile sent our account to collections and that our final bill was not $750, but $2200. They claimed we went several months with an unpaid bill (lies), and then tried to charge us the full retail amount for our phones even though they were very close to being paid off. This company is dishonest, and they should be shut down. We have never had such a horrible experience before this, and people should be warned not to deal with T-Mobile.

Well, first of all. I had emailed the owner of T-Mobile and had not gotten a response as of yet. But I had an account with them and was not able to pay. Mind you, I couldn't pay because of financial hardships. I called the collections department to come to and agreement on the amount I need to pay. It was $ 379.00. The customer service agent would not connect me with anyone and was trying to out talk me. And had a heavy accent so I could not really understand what she was saying. So she hung up. I decided to get my credit report instead. Come to find out I have two other accounts the are on there as well. And I would like to know how is there two other accounts when I only had one that was past due the other two are over 700 dollars a piece. WOW! How is that even possible? I am really angry. All I wanted was to pay off my bill and start new service. But what can I do with all this other stuff going on?

I used T mobile for my iPad traveling for two months. That worked well, but when I returned home, I had miserably slow service and streaming was impossible. This was in my home in a good size town. They said they'd send me a free booster. That turned into a big mess as they couldn't get the booster to me. I had also tried the phone. That lasted two days without service unless I stood on the curb in front of my house and I called and cancelled service. Aside from inadequate service, the customer service has been bad. Several instances of saying they would do something and not doing it. I just called to question why I'm still being billed for the phone I cancelled 2 months ago, and the girl was useless as the rest. The only help I've gotten that was dependable was from the local T-Mobile store. If you use them, I'd definitely go for live help instead of calling.

I ordered two LG Stylo 2's on December 12 over the phone. I quickly changed my mind about the phones and called in 1 hour after I had placed the order. I was told the orders have already gone through and they cannot be altered or canceled. I was advised by a representative of T-Mobile to refuse delivery of the phones when UPS arrives.

On December 19 UPS arrived and I refused the order. On December 28 I get a bill in the mail for the two phones I had ordered. I then place a call to T-Mobile Customer Care and am told they have not received the devices and once they do receive them, they will cancel, refund me the amount owed for the phones. On January 2nd I called UPS to see where the phones are as the tracking number that was originally given to me just says, "Customer refused delivery, package en route to original sender." UPS then gives me another tracking number that shows the package as delivered on December 22 and signed for at the docks of T-Mobile shipping facility. When I called T-Mobile Customer Care, I was told they cannot issue me a refund until they locate the devices. T-Mobile is a scam. Stay away.

This is a total scam. They received on my trade in iPhone 6 and I received a credit of $150 on 10/18. I've been getting charge $30 without any credits. I called every months to ask for the credits and representatives kept telling me that I should received them the following month because it takes at least 2 months cycle to show up. I called again before Christmas and the lady said she will look into and call me back in 7 days. She called me back on 12/30 and said that I should get $30 credits each month and get the credits back for the previous months. However, I received a bill few days ago and credits still not showing. I called in again today and talked to a supervisor and she told me that I will NOT get any credits beside the first initial $150 because my phone has water damage.

This is ridiculous! My iPhone 6 was in perfect condition and never been dropped or touched water. How can they tell me that my phone has water damage after they hold over my phone for almost 3 months from 10/18/16 to now? How do I know if their workers didn't do anything my phone or maybe that's not even my phone?? I feel that I am being rip-off. They just tell the world that the iPhone 7 will be free when we trade in the iPhone 6. Then they turn around and say that our phones are damage so you don't have to give us the credits.

The carrier has over charged us on our phone lease for 1 year now. They have not corrected and it appears won't be correcting. Approximately 1 year ago we jumped from Sprint to T-mobile. We received $800. In gift cards to compensate for the cost of terming Sprint. We went with three 6s and one 6s plus; lease payments were $14 for 6s and $19 for the plus. To date they have charged us full lease price. I sent a payment in indicating they were in breach of contract; and until the billing was fixed I would not pay. Well they disconnected our service twice, 120 fee twice and they still won't fix the lease fees.

When I changed from iPhone 6 to 7 no one told me that lease will again be for another 18 months, So I am paying since July 2015 and will pay till April 2018 just for one iPhone. This is pathetic, they fool people and don't give relevant information. DON'T GO FOR T-MOBILE - they are hopeless.

November 20, 2016 at T-Mobile Store in Utica, Michigan. Like many marketing strategies, T-Mobile had a promotional offer for additional two lines for free with extra two devices (cell phone and iPad) which you pay for $328 & $239.99 respectively. You get statement credits for the devices each statement bill. Our original plan was the family and friends plan with 6gb data plan and unlimited text and call within US & Canada. According to the store representative, we only have to pay one time for the two SIM starter kit which is for $40 and add $10 extra for the two lines on our regular monthly subscription. Our regular monthly bill was for $112 which we expect to only change to $122 with the extra $10 for the upgrade to T-Mobile One plan. As told by the representative, the new plan has unlimited text, unlimited data and unlimited call in 150 countries.

Canada and Philippines are among the 150 countries that we can utilize the unlimited calls. Upon receiving our bill for December 2016, it was very upsetting to see the bill was for $613.43. According to the billing statement, the total bill was for a recurring charges of $233.44 and international calls for $379.99. We would not use the international call service had we known about its per minute charges. We called at least four times since no one could provide us with a satisfactory explanation and empathy on the sudden high surge of our monthly bill.

As we spoke with various associates, we received different responses. For example, we were told by the customer service representative that because of our upgrade, we should only be charge $0.20 cents per minute for international calls. Next, I found out that they also charged a separate bill on my bank account for $21 & $63.40 which was not reflected on our T-Mobile statement. What's it for? So when We asked about it, we were told it was taxes for the devices we bought that were not disclosed during the purchase of the devices at the store. The representative then told us that we don't get the $0.20 cents per minute for international call instead we should pay $1.99 per minute since the plan does not cover discounts on international call.

There are three root causes of our poor customer experiences: First, the misleading and deceptive marketing offers. Second, the pressure on sales representative to sell the offer or meet their goals that forced them to sell without disclosing important details that could impact long term relationship with their customers. Third, the miscommunication between billing department, marketing and customer service that translates to poor customer experience.

We are cancelling our T-Mobile service, after all our queries and complaints no one offered the best alternative nor even respond to our request to help us with the bill since there was obviously a miscommunication to what the promotional offer should be. T-Mobile uses a switch and bait marketing where if you don't want the service, you're going to pay the whole cost for the device and end up like you have a two year contract just to get the statement credit for the device that you paid for.

The no contract advertising is false, don't get overwhelmed or too excited with some promotional offer. In addition, if you want to go back to the old plan, it is no longer available but they'll offer you with something you have to pay extra. This company is all about numbers and not about building a long term relationship with their customers. Unless they changed their strategies and build a stronger support for these impactful division or department, it will be next in line to go downhill.

Here it goes: I ordered a BOGO offer for Galaxy S7 on December 24-2017 and for sure nothing is without a catch. I added the extra line and they charged me the downpayment on both phones and told me the phones will ship separately in 2 orders between Dec 26 and Jan 3, which wasn't a problem. On Dec 26 I got 2 emails that the shipping labels for the orders was created. I followed the tracking the day after and saw updates on one of them but not the other. On Dec 28 I received one of the phones (the free phone, because the color was different) and still no tracking updates on the paid phone and new line, so I called T-Mobile. And since Dec 28 till today Jan 5 I have been calling T-Mobile daily, went through all the different departments from sales to customer service to loyalty to everyone and still can't get a solution.

They exhausted all the excuses in the book: "we still have time for shipping" or "the color is not in stock till Jan 3." I waited and called on Jan 3. They said the order might have been misplaced and they want to open an investigation and it will need 24-72 hrs to be resolved. So today after the 72 hrs were exhausted they tell me they want to do further investigations that will take 7 to 10 business days making the waiting time from placing the order till the end of the investigation about 1 month. This is horrible, why should I wait this long if you know the device wasn't shipped?! Why don't you ship me another device and you take care of the internal stuff yourself?! Why should the customer pay for a mistake that happened somewhere in your chain?!

And till this day I have been calling for more than 10-15 times spending more than 30-45 min each call to explain to each rep what the issue is and being bounced back and forth and getting nowhere. Called AMEX and they said they can dispute the charge and refund me my money but I am afraid if I do so I'll have to pay the full charge for the phone I received and not get the free one. In the end I am not willing to pay 700-800$ for one phone but if it were 2 that would be more reasonable...

We have had T-Mobile for 6+ years. The services don't work or work poorly randomly. When called they said the problem was their towers. Then towers were fixed and equipment doesn't work with towers. They never notified customers. We went to store and they told us this problem after years of calling Corp T-Mobile to no avail. We contacted T-Mobile when we found out true issue. T-Mobile refused to replace defective equipment but has always expected payment for all services even when they don't work or work right. T-Mobile is corrupt.

Friendly, courteous, helpful customer service representatives. Problem solvers. Lost/temporarily misplaced my cell phone manual, needed instructions to accomplish task for downloading photo album to desktop -- walked me through instructions and waited to ensure it worked properly.

Don't buy their insurance. They send you back a used phone, not a new one like you lost or was stolen. That's their policy to screw you. I am leaving T-Mobile, and buying 2nd party insurance from now on.

T-mobile has been consistent with pricing and reliability. I give them high marks for their call center customer service except getting transferred too many times. Billing is straightforward. The website drags and my homepage doesn't show all accounts. Irritating. I have been with Tmobile since 2005. I have always been happy with the price and reliability in the last few years has been excellent even while traveling to Montana. Low point is buying a phone from them or any service provider. It's better to buy phone outright not get into the deceptive lease thing.

After being a customer with T-Mobile I decided to move to another company. And for doing so they charged me the whole month for one day of service. That is stealing and an injustice from their part. I do not recommend T-Mobile. Sooner or later they will take money out of your pocket.

I traded in my iPhone 5S for the iPhone 7 and was told I would get the $400 credit towards the iPhone 7. I did everything as they asked and mailed in my phone. 3 months later and I had not received my credit so I contacted T-Mobile. After their "looking into the issue" I am now being told I do not qualify for the credit. I am told there is water damage. The phone I sent in was in amazing condition. I took great care of it and always had the case on as well. The phone looked practically brand new and everything worked great because of the care I took.

Please beware not to fall for this scam as they will try and come up with any excuse not to give you the credit. Also read the fine print before trading in as they will not return your phone. They offered to give me a $29 credit!!! It's a joke!! I will be paying off the phone and leaving T-Mobile. I never had any issues with my previous cell company and wish I had stayed with them... I do not want to stay with a company I cannot trust.

The service is not good. I pay my money every month for subpar communication limitations. Recently someone has been hacking into my hotspot. I have their IP address and Tmobile insists I gave them my password. That sounds silly especially since I am calling to complain to them about it. They informed me there is nothing they can do so I'm stuck looking at everything from my phone instead of my tablet where I can more easily see it. Every service we receive here sucks and none of the companies care because there are only other bad companies that produce worse service. They don't discount bills or anything just continue to dish out sorrier, and sorrier service every month. There is nothing as a consumer I can do if I want service except pay and be dissatisfied EVERY MONTH.

I decided to go to T-Mobile when they had a promotion of 4 lines for $120.00, unlimited data, texting, and calling. HUGE mistake ever! Since then, I've had my service interrupted on all 4 lines after only days of connection, then billed $20.00 per line for a reconnection fee; inaccurately billed every amount except the $120.00 plus tax I expected to pay.

Upon contacting them, I've wasted countless hours (minimum 2 hours per call, at least 10 calls the 1st month of service) between two departments (both departments located in different countries) trying to find a resolution. I've cried at least on two occasions from the frustration and even attempted to cancel services, only to be convinced that the customer care department finally gave me a resolutions and made the accurate adjustments to my bill, then come to find out that the bill adjustment were carried over to the next billing cycle and I am still expected to pay them. This has to be the most frustrating experience I ever have encountered in all my 25 years of owning a cell phone. T-Mobile is the worst company ever.

I currently use T-mobile and aside from signal strength from area to area, it works great in my city and the prices are great as well. My final thoughts on the company are only positive. The customer service which I have used many times were always 100% positive and they were always extremely friendly. They would help me with all my questions and I think their pleasant demeanor is what makes my experience with them positive.

Poor coverage in NYC, NY as well as NJ!! Their customer service people are just rude as well as condescending!! They act like they are paying you for the service!! I had moved recently and T-mobile would not change my mailing address, after a couple of months I called customer service and they told me I would have to go to a T-Mobile store and have them make the change. When I politely challenged that with the fact that the nearest location was 45 min from my home the representative started throwing attitude at me like I was a dirty peasant and ruining her day!! Plus she refused to do it!! The change came months later as I continued to changed my address on the back of the monthly billing statement.

I authorized a 1 time payment to T-Mobile using my debit card. The next month that the bill became due T-Mobile charged my card again. I called and talked to someone that took the charge off but 5 days later another charge appeared. After battling with T-Mobile for more a few more days the charge was reversed. Because of this issue I had to call the bank and get another debit card.

Well... a few months went by and when a payment was late T-Mobile then charged another one of my debit cards that I used over 6 or 7 months earlier. When calling T-Mobile the customer service person could not explain why or where the debit card was charged but went on to tell me that because the payment was late if I didn't leave the card attached to the account the phone would be turned off. Not only have they used a card that they were not authorized to use but caused me to be overdrawn on my checking account. I have gone back and looked over both of my accounts that T-Mobile has taken unauthorized money from and they have caused me over $200 in overdraft fees. I find that they are a horrible company, customer service is awful and makes threats with saying they will turn the phone off. They are just horrible. I would not refer them to my worst enemy.

Crooked billing policies! I was out of town on business and needed a mobile phone service. T-mobile family thru Walmart seemed like a good choice. When I called to cancel the service, they didn't cancel it. When I discovered I was still being billed, I called them and they told me they had no record of me canceling the service. I told them I wanted it canceled and I paid the bill. However, they are still billing me even though my account shows that I have not used the phone. Hope they hold their breath until I pay it!!!

Been with T-mobile for years... have never had a problem. Customer service via phone or in-store has always been excellent. When phone lost or stolen, replacements have been no problem... currently happy with the service, and not ready to change.

T-Mobile Company Profile