T-Mobile
3.33/5
Based on 2,827 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

T-Mobile Reviews

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

T-Mobile Reviews

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

If Ragnar the Norse God was born in the 21st century, his name would be Justin ** and he would work at the T-Mobile store in the City Creek mall located in downtown Salt Lake City. I came in several times during one evening after being yo-yo ed by the Apple Store. I had self tanner all over my face and I was bawling my eyes out. It was not a pretty sight, But Justin remained calm and was extremely helpful the entire time. He was able to calm me down and talk me through what he was doing which was 800% more than what the apple store even tried to do. In the end he was able to come up with a solution that was better than I could have hoped for. He was a great employee and I appreciate the time he took with me!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

T-Mobile has always bent over backwards in their customer service. They really are great to deal with if you have a problem. There is one thing you should look out for, though. Over the course of three years they have put additional services I didn't want on my account. This has happened three times...too many to be an accident. When you call them about it, they remove the service and apologize profusely. Great company, but they will try and pull a fast one on you occasionally so review your bill each month!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I was really pleased with the customer service I received at the San Luis Obispo location when visiting from Canada. I had a bad experience with a sim bundle I bought from Best Buy that I was told would work on my iPhone 6 but didn’t and then I couldn’t get a refund after wasting an hour of my time. The next day I walked into T-Mobile and in a couple of minutes I had a working phone with unlimited everything for next to nothing for the week I was in the US. Such helpful and friendly service, T-Mobile is my go to for my next trip south of the border.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I have been with all four major carriers and have never loved my Cellular company until now! I've been with them 3 1/2 years. Not everything has been perfect, I've had some issues here and there. But that has to do with a few sales reps and not the company itself. NOT ONE SINGLE company can say that 100% of their employees are stellar! It would be impossible not to have a few bad seeds squeak through. All in all it has been a great experience.

I had bad credit and after making 12 months of on time payments they financed me a Galaxy S9 no credit check and no money down! No other company cellular or other would give me such a chance to rebuild my credit! Customer Service has been pretty great! Never on hold more than 1-3 minutes, and they almost always can address my needs! I've only been overbilled a few times which they quickly credited me for. I have a signal much better than Verizon's! I had service still camping on Mt. Shasta and even driving through Death Valley! I couldn't believe it! I highly recommend them over any other company! You can't beat their plans, signal strength or customer service!

Original review: July 22, 2019

T-Mobile, from Customer Service, to Technical Support, to Billing, to Supervisors, and Management, Thank you! To current customers and non-customers please take note as T-Mobile is where you want to stay or be in the years to come. They have amazing things coming around the corner and you will want to be a part of it. I know this because they listen to their customers and respond appropriately exceeding my expectations. My experience the last six years from both a personal and business account perspective has been most incredible, most uplifting, and most desirable a consumer could experience. When I switched carriers from Verizon to T-Mobile I was looking for an economical and quality carrier. I not only found that, but much more that exceeded any customer experience in my many decades on planet earth.

I have had some great company experiences in my lifetime and personally I have delivered top-notch Customer Service and Technical Support as well. In Aerospace I received letters of accommodation and recommendation from Japan Airlines and the Boeing Company including a Memorial from JAL. I know customer service and technical support. T-Mobile, hands down the number one company experience in my lifetime. It started six years ago when I was located in an area that had no service by any carrier. T-Mobile found a way to get me at least 2G to my phone. I did not know 2G still existed. No carrier could penetrate this structure, but T-Mobile did. They used engineering and finagled phones until they found the right combination. They never gave up to fulfill my service in a desperate situation. Two years later I switched over to a business account.

Again, out of nowhere they made my experience 100% better by assigning me a team! A team of people available to me 24/7 all seven days a week. This team knows me better than any company has in the past. They are at the meat of my business keeping my operation alive and well. T-Mobile has never wavered. I believe in their customer centric mentality throughout the company. They look at your circumstances and make decisions based on your needs and situation before their own. Their genuine concern and expertise in resolving technical issues is exemplary and unparalleled in the cell phone industry. They have helped me immensely in overcoming a changing economic landscape and every day challenges life can throw at you like theft and technical issues.

At the end of the day their actions are what separates them from any other organization. T-Mobile is behind me, in front of me, and they will be, by my side as long as I buy cell phones. One of the most impressive moments recently was when they got LG on the phone with me. The actual manufacturer. I needed backup completed beyond three phones, to help me with recovery. That was a first as they wanted me to be assured they have no limits to deliver exactly what you ask for. I want to acknowledge my team at T-Mobile with this endorsement. Thank you very much Team!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I left T-Mobile approximately 4 months ago. All my fully paid phones are locked and I can't use them anywhere. I have been in touch with T-Mobile for the last 3 days (multiple phone calls). Today, I have been on hold with T-Mobile for 2 hours. When my account was closed (my choice), all bills were paid in full (no outstanding balance). I returned their complementary signal booster equipment and T-Mobile confirmed receipt of this equipment.

* What other cellular providers are telling me is that T-Mobile (and all carriers) have an unlock code and it's really a simple process. T-Mobile told me 3 days ago that they have to put in a trouble ticket and my phone will be unlocked in 24-48 hours (that ended yesterday which was a normal business day). I believe that T-Mobile has no priority or interest in helping former customers. ** I am requesting that T-Mobile pay for the phone that I can not use anymore (only 1 Phone is currently un-usable and I have paid another cellular carrier 3 days ago to get this phone "on-line"). I have lost that money also. This huge company has no desire to help me with a block they placed on phones which I own 100%.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Without a doubt, I have been taken to the cleaners to have tried T-Mobile! Worst service that I have ever experienced! Can't use in my house (large city) without going outside and walking to or three houses. Store wants to sell me more expensive phones, as they say that will do the trick. Please reconsider T-Mobile, so bad!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I am very aggravated with T-Mobile, I purchased a iPhone watch last year to my son, did not realized I was been charged twice for one watch, there was a glitch in the system where, when you paired your phone incorrectly it with charge you two lines even though you purchased only one line. T-mobile you will missed me and my family and friends trust me!!!! You are letting me go for just 100 dollars you overcharged me. So sad!

Resolution response: Dec. 13, 2019

Pending resolution, company has reached out.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I moved to T-Mobile as Sprint got too expensive. I chatted online, gave all my information, discussed my corporate discount, and all things said and done I'd be getting 3 brand new iPhone 11's for a grand total of right around $135.00, needless to say I was very happy with this and ready to switch. I was told the corporate discount was an easy process, that they match existing ones, and to call and give them the information, cool. The rep told me there would be some sort of fee per line to switch, but then I wouldn't get a bill for over a month, sounds good.

The fee up front was $60.00, I paid that. Then the new phones got shipped to me, the setup process and moving them from Sprint was all seamless. I wasn't told how to get my old existing phones back to T-Mobile for the reimbursement, so I had to call yet again, someone was helpful. Took down the info and said they'd be sending the shipping label. I then had to buy my own box which wasn't a big deal, but they mail it off.

Then I wanted to get the corporate discount squared away. I called again, and was told no, they need a copy of the old bill showing the discount and to bring it to a branch. I do so and I get told I need to submit it to a certain website. The website I was directed to made no mention of uploading the document, only to visit a store. I call again and they said I need to explain it to the branch better and to go back. Great. I go back a second time, to be told I don't have the magenta plan, and the discount could not be applied. Awesome.

I call back and explain my whole deal, also what I was promised by the sales rep I chatted with originally, the $135.00 as the total bill, they were pretty surprised by this amount I was expecting but said once the old phones are received and the credits and everything issued we'll revisit it. A week or so goes by and I see a charge about about $120 as a bill. I call and they say it is to establish the monthly due date, well, that's not what I was told, especially since I hadn't had the phones for over a month, I would at least think it would be prorated, but this was before anything was setup. They waived this bill, which was very helpful.

Now, it's been about a month and I really wanted to ensure I was getting what I was promised for the total monthly bill, so I called and they said they'd try to find my original chats where I was told this. I waited three days and got a call back saying they could not be found. So now I'll be paying them more than I was paying Sprint, at least $190, when I was promised a great deal, none of it happened. Beyond livid from the experience and now I need to figure out how to leave.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

For over a year the hotspot has dropped and I use little internet. Have continued to call and be assured "we will escalate it" which never happens - NEVER HAVE GOT A CALL BACK - as assured. Had a Sprint AirCard - that never let me down in 10 years of use - Sprint just said they wouldn't support it and slowed the service down as I didn't want to give it up.

T-Mobile Company Information