2.37/5
Based on 592 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

T-Mobile Reviews

4957 T-Mobile Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 19, 2018

T-Mobile force to change the password for account login every few month without asking if I want to change it or not. And there no work around. I do not want to change my password so I don't have access to my account. So now every time I need to change something, I have to call T-Mobile so they change it for me. Need to change the option to allow customers to choose if they want to change password or not.

Original review: July 19, 2018

After signing up for T-Mobile to facilitate my frequent European travel, but also experiencing years of paying too much for shoddy US coverage, I decided to dump T-Mobile and switch to AT&T. I was then surprised to find that the phone I had paid off nearly a year ago was still locked. I called T-Mobile to have it unlocked and was assured this would happen in 24-48 hours. After 5 days of no confirmation I called again to check status and was told the phone was unlocked. I then proceed to open an AT&T account and had the number ported over, only to find that the phone had NOT been unlocked! At this point AT&T could not proceed, and in the process my account at T-Mobile was discontinued and no one at T-Mobile could give me a firm commitment of when my phone would be unlocked. Some said 24 hours, others said perhaps a week.

I am now going on day 2 without a cell phone or voicemail which I use routinely for personal and business. I must have spoken to half a dozen T-Mobile customer service people, if you want to call them that. My experience is that 90% of them read off of sheets and couldn't give a rat's ** about something as inconvenient as a customer. Only one tech was brave enough to give me his ID number while all the others hid under first names like ** actors. I even stopped into my local T-Mobile shop in Westford, MA where I met two people behind the counter in an empty store. They clearly had no interest in me or my problem and I was finally told there was nothing they could do.

It is obvious T-Mobile has made a big push to compete with the dominant players in the industry even though their coverage sucks in comparison. They like to lie about that also. I've had to rent signal boosters in my 'good coverage' zone to use my phone at home. But the latest antics holding a customer's phone hostage in order to cling to an account should be a criminal offense. They have cost me hours, and nowadays of lost time and aggravation, who knows how much business, and personal stress. Is there no recourse for such gangsterism?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 19, 2018

I just paid 164.00 dollars to get my 68.00 dollars a month bill paid off. I've paid well over a 100.00 a month for the past 3 months. Remember my bill is supposed to be 68.00 dollars. Why have I paid this? Trying to get my credit back. T-Mobile is definitely a ripoff. The agent told me my bill for August would be 68.00 dollars. Today they text me and said my bill was a 190.00 dollars for August.

Original review: July 19, 2018

We were with T-Mobile in the past and did not have very good coverage. The last straw was when one of the specialist switched the auto pay from my son's card to my bank account without our knowledge or permission. When we heard that the 600 and 700 mhz service was good in rural areas we decided to give them another try. Two months in and I have spent half my life trying to work with the office of the president to no avail. When we went into the store we were told that they would pay our switching fees from our old carrier. I even asked them to "double check" and was assured we would be paid for all four of our devices. My son and daughter live in another state and the salesperson at that store sold him a phone which apparently deducted 310.00 off switching fees which was never explained. My daughter turned in an Essential which we still to this day have not been reimbursed for.

When we asked for the phone back since they were not going to pay what they promised they will not return! Basically they hijacked the phone. We waited as we were instructed for the last bill from our previous carrier. We turned it in only to have them tell us a phone was reimbursed the last time we were with T-Mobile, however, my daughter never turned in a phone and the two of the specialist verified that no phones were turned in. Consequently, I wrote the Better Business Bureau and the Office of the President has now given us different information. They claim a phone was turned in and a card was issued for it in in the past, however, they sent the card to someone other than the account holder. They are so disorganized at the expense of an innocent consumer. This has been going on for a month and now it puts us past the 14 day return period.

Bottom line is that T-Mobile sales associates lied to us and gave us bad information over and over until it was too late to change our minds. Had they given us correct information to begin with; we would never have switched back. Nobody at T-Mobile has access to the proper information to give to consumers to base their decisions on. This is very deceptive and should not be allowed. They "took" my daughter's phone and will not return it and haven't reimbursed what it was worth. We would have turned the phone back to the previous carrier and gotten more than what we were given for the phone had the T-Mobile rep given us accurate information.

We are senior citizens now stuck with a huge bill from our previous carrier we were not anticipating based on lies told to us by several T-Mobile employees. We will have to pass on needed medical appointments in order to pay our previous carrier. We could never recommend T-Mobile to anybody. They lie to the consumer and they took our phone without reimbursement. T-Mobile has been a NIGHTMARE for us and we wish we never switched back.

Original review: July 18, 2018

You can't leave T-Mobile before paying for services you no longer use even after closing that account. On May 8th 2018, I closed my T-Mobile account and asked them if there were any charges and they mentioned that I had already started another billing cycle. I paid my balance off. On June, I received a notice that I had a bill to pay. I called them once again and paid the bill and the customer representative assured me that I will have no other bills to pay. That it was the last one. Well, I got another one today July 18th saying that I have a debt to pay. I don't know when this will stop but T-MOBILE IS A SCAM.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about T-Mobile?

Original review: July 17, 2018

I am with T-Mobile for almost 10 yrs. Not sure why I am with them so long! Today I called many times and I am on hold for 25 min almost. No one came online. It's Tuesday, not weekend or Christmas. They all should get fired!

Original review: July 11, 2018

They would rather fight costing in the end costing 1000 then return 100, stupidity. They refuse to honor their own credit note of 148,62, & charged late charges because their system is horrible. Billing 2 contracts at once before contract 1 ended, I hate TM!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I've been waiting 2 months to get reimbursed for switching to T-Mobile. Every time I call I get a different answer. I called again today about where my prepaid card is at And they told me there was a problem with it. They can't even tell me when they can send it out. I was transferred to another rep and he told me that I was getting a virtual card and not a physical card that will come in the mail. Seems to me that they are hoping that I forget about it so they won't have to pay me.

Original review: July 10, 2018

My experience with T-Mobile has been mostly good, but lately, it has been so awful. I have been a loyal customer of theirs for almost 15 years. I have brought them so much customers and business and I've been doing that for free. Yes, FREE. During a hard time (hitting rock bottom with two kids to feed and bills to pay) in my life, I thought, "Why not get paid for what I'm already doing - which is pushing the company's name to different people?" I thought to apply, send my resume online, and even check up on my status. T-Mobile decided not to move forward with my application with no contact except to tell me... "T-Mobile decided not to move forward with my application." Then I've decided to move on and try a couple of the independent stores utilizing the same brand.

One store tells me to fill out the application using Indeed. I did just that and never heard back from them. The other store (which is located in the same town I reside in) only had TWO employees which dropped to ONE employee after the store manager left. When the store manager was there, I heard excuse after excuse on why I haven't been hired yet and when he was gone leaving the roster to ONE employee in that store, nothing got any better. I had to listen about how they lost their district manager to the store manager leaving to store managers aren't responsible for hiring people; but no phone call, no interview, not even one bit of communication from a "communication company." No loyalty whatsoever and no one to talk to about this problem.

I had T-Mobile's back when it came to pushing their name for almost 15 years and when it came down to working for them, I feel like a heavy door just keeps being slammed in my face over and over. I went back to the store in my town and over a short few days including a weekend, they have managed to hire one new person who was one of the rudest sales associates I have ever seen and talked to. So, the company decides to go with someone else based on experience from what I am hearing and seeing instead of hiring someone brand new or (my personal favorite) bringing in both parties seeing as the entire store only had ONE associate.

T-Mobile decides to leave one to hang dry and hire the worst kind of sales associate. I do hear a lot of smokescreen talk like what corporate stores and independent stores do and how they are ran differently, which is complete trash, not that it's true or false, but that it is complete trash and a fail-safe. You are given a brand to represent, yet everyone is on a different page. This is why stores are one brand like T-Mobile one day and tomorrow, the same building is an AT&T store.

Hiring should be done in a process which ALL stores utilize. Also, store managers should be in charge of hiring. Having to go through an extremely busy district or VP manager that would forget their own head if it wasn't attached due to how busy they may be makes for a bad way to fill a store with much needed and good associates. At this point, I am undecided on whether I even want to stay with a company that isn't even willing to at the VERY LEAST speak to me about employment. I completely understand checking on the status of an application, but when I FEEL LIKE I am now harassing the store for a conversation or an interview just to have the store tell me to go to another store in another town and apply there is a problem in itself.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I opened an account with T-Mobile in April, 2017. I tried to use their service for a few days, but the reception was horrible at the place I work and at my house. I returned the phone, paid the restocking fee and asked them to cancel my account. They said they took care of it, but I notice in August I had been billed two $100 payments. I called them and told them their error. They said they would refund my money and close my account. They refunded me $100 and still owe me $100 and only remove my credit card from the account, they did not close it. Since then I have received a bill saying that I owed them more money, a letter from one collection agency and then a second collection agency. After receiving each of these, I called T-Mobile to get this taken care of and ask for my $100 dollars. Each time, I wasted four or five hours being passed from agent to agent until one finally lied to me and said it was taken care, only to find out it was not.

Original review: July 8, 2018

My husband suggested that we change cell service from a competitor to T-Mobile. Worst decision, EVER! We are now in the transition phase of going BACK to your competitor! The T-Mobile Tuesday deals, where we have only ever won a free ice cream cone... is not worth the bad service. I can afford an ice cream cone, if that’s what I wanted. I drop phone calls (and these are important calls involving my sick mom. The doctor had to call me back because I dropped the call 5x), I have “No Service” when my daughter, who is a customer of your competitor... has 4 bars worth of service, etc.

I will no longer put up with the horrible service and I’m tired of dealing with T-Mobile’s horrible customer service! Thank you, but no thank you. We are in the process of becoming long term customers of your competitor! I suggest that if T-Mobile spews the lies of, “We are the second best cell service provider!” “We offer great service!” Do your research, T-Mobile is like going back in time 20 years... They have very little cell towers and the cell towers they’re using are from a competitor! That’s why their service is crappy! Well, that’s my advice. DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!

Original review: July 7, 2018

Left T-Mobile in good standing. Paid every month on time every time, left the company and every few years we get a bill for 10 or 15 dollars with the threat of being sent to collections if we don't pay. I am in the military so this sucks as I never know when the next one is going to hit, will I be home or deployed, will it ruin my credit? Then trying to get through to anyone to get this resolved takes hours and the last time I just paid it. I cannot get away from them.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Customer service is about as bad as one can imagine. 40 minutes on hold before someone picks up the phone, and then you get people who are trying to read from a computer screen when they can't even speak English. I've had the local T-Mobile store try to call for me, and they are even more frustrated than I. The people in the store are great, but their ability to provide decent customer service is always hampered by the people that we speak to when we call.

Original review: July 5, 2018

First they let someone walk into a store and buy a bunch of new iPhones on my account, no need to check ID or get my verification code, that makes sense. Since then my bill has been wrong every time and now the app won't work on my phone and they will only let me make payments over the phone. I have been a customer for more than 5 years with zero late payments and they are making it so I have to do extra steps to pay my bill. I have wasted hours of my life on hold and waiting for them to resolve issues only to be told there is nothing they can do, or that it is fixed and it is not. Avoid at all costs, not worth the headache.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Set up two accounts for us, charged us for new phones on both, now we cant buy groceries. They STOLE from us and their response is "Sorry, we can't cancel those orders and refund the money because they are downstairs waiting to be shipped and we cant cancel them."

Original review: July 2, 2018

My mobile phone died so I went into their closest store. The sales guy wanted to sell me a Fitbit & a tablet. I asked if this would effect my monthly bill. He said that I would actually see a decrease in my monthly bill. Of course nothing works this way. Next bill $40 over previous plan. Returned items. Then my phone ran out of storage within a year. Kept removing pics, apps, etc. Only manufacturing apps left on phone other than my banking apps. Went into store to have an additional SD storage card installed for $53. Never worked. Went into store to have rep demonstrate how SD Card is utilized for extra storage. He played with it. Didn't know either. Wasted $53. Canceled after 5 years. Just got a bill for the month I no longer had the service.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I was given a phone by a relative who used it to develop apps, and he never bought a sim card in it or used phone service on it. I wanted to use it while in Korea, but found out it was locked to T-Mobile. I called customer service, they checked to make sure it was not stolen, etc, and told me I could unlock it if I bought a sim card and had service with them for 40 days. So I bought a sim card from them, and signed up for service. After 40 days, I called back, but was then told I could not unlock it because there was an unpaid balance on it from before I had it. I thought this was very very unlikely, given what my relative told me of its history, and asked if I could simply pay the balance owed and get it unlocked. Nope, they wouldn't consider that, nor would they tell me anything about the balance.

Since my relative got it new, and never activated it, there is no previous owner I can contact about the balance. So customer service basically said there was nothing I could do to unlock it. I then asked for a refund of the money I paid for the sim card and 40 days of service, but they refused. I pointed out that the only reason I bought the sim card, and signed up for service, was because they told me if I did so I could unlock the phone. Furthermore, I didn't use the phone at all during those 40 days; not a single phone call. Even though the agent seemed to admit that I'd been misled, she said that I'd had service for 40 days (even if I never used it) and needed to pay for that.

To the agent's credit, she seemed to realize that I'd been treated badly, but she wouldn't do anything to make it right. I would not have complained if I was told in the beginning that it couldn't be unlocked, but they checked the IMEI number of the phone in the beginning and told me there would be no problem unlocking it if I got a sim card and got service for 40 days. Needless to say, I'm never using T-Mobile again, if this is how they treat customers.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Just bought a Moto Z Force about 7 months ago and it stopped working recently. I got sent out a replacement that stopped working the next day. I called again to correct the issue and the gentleman I spoke with didn't understand what I was trying to explain to him about the phone and when we were finally on the same page he sends out the wrong phone. I tried to call again to get the issue fixed and had to speak with 3 different reps who could fix the problem. The next morning I called again and was finally able to get the right phone sent out and the man who I spoke with said he waived the delivery fee which he didn't. Case in point I still don't have and the in store reps at both stores I went to we're very unprofessional and rude. Even after being an 11 year customer they still treat you like crap.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I have not had many issues with my T-Mobile service except for a few charges that should not have been showing up on my bill repeatedly. I complained about charges appearing on my bill, albeit I should have caught earlier, but T-Mobile only credit back 3 mos. even though it was their mistake. This happened 2X for the exact same issue and trusting CS agent to follow through just doesn’t work, so now I escalate issues that arise immediately.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Me and my wife were traveling overseas and we asked T-Mobile to unlock our phone so we can use other carrier services overseas. We called 611 from our phones first and a customer service rep told us that she will submit a request for unlocking our phones; we should get an email with unlock instructions. After 24 hours, we did not receive any email, so we called again, another customer service rep then told us that it is going take 72 hours (rather than 24 hours) to unlock our phones and we should still wait for the email to arrive.

We told the customer service rep that we called earlier and was told it was going to take only 24 hours, then she replies: "Oh yeah, I can give you an exception and it will take just 24 hours". So, just to validate what the 2nd customer service rep said, we called the 3rd time, this time the customer service rep told us she could not find any record showing that we have requested unlock our phone, and she will need to submit a new request. Our experiences with t-mobile customer services clearly show that either t-mobile CRM/Support systems have issues or the customer service rep just do not know what they are doing. It is really a frustrated experience that customers need to make multiple calls to straight things out.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Just a month ago I switch over from Verizon because it was getting to expensive. So I switched to T-Mobile. Worst mistake I think I ever made... Not only does the service suck, I can't upload videos as quick as I did with Verizon, my calls drop way more often than with Verizon. My video chats are the worst... And waiting to speak to a representative on the phone takes about 40 minutes. Then they all take you through the same troubleshooting steps just to be back at square one again. One representative told me it was my phone and not their service. I just had Verizon a month ago and my phone was fine. I hate T-Mobile and am planning on terminating my plan. Not worth a dollar y'all. Please do not sign up with them... Currently still on hold with them and hopefully the call don't drop before I get to speak to a representative.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Customer service is always pleasant but offshore support is often inept. Have spent many hours of time trying to resolve issues they created themselves. Example: suddenly I can’t receive authentication texts from my bank. After it gets fixed the problem repeats itself a few month later. Call in... Many other issues.

Original review: June 30, 2018

On 6/18/2018 I enrolled in an unlimited plan for Military/Veterans with a monthly cost of $100 for four lines. Upon registering at My T-Mobile a few days later I observed my rate was $170 per month, not the $100 I was quoted. Additionally, the service area map I was shown by the retail store rep showed "excellent" coverage at my home address, there was in fact no cellular T-Mobile service at my location. I made many calls and spent huge amounts of time with customer service trying to get my plan corrected, to no avail.

On 6/29/2018 I cancelled my plan with T-Mobile and was told that for the ten day period I would owe a payment of $170... plan never got corrected to the T-Mobile Military/Veteran plan. I signed up for my plan at the retail store and the representative somehow managed to totally screw up her data entry and enroll me in the incorrect plan, this was even with another, seemingly, more competent rep helping her by telling her what to enter... he said the right plan but somehow the managed to enter the incorrect plan.

Customer service is also worthless, not being able to correct anything for you. My advice to anyone is to shop Verizon or AT&T. I have had both, and yes they are more expensive but their service area is large and their representative are much better equipped to handle questions from customers. My short experience with T-Mobile revealed to me what a joke of an organization T-Mobile is.

Original review: June 27, 2018

So sad- something dishonest is going on in T-Mobile. I have been with this company for 10 years and have so appreciated their customer service- even when coverage was poor I dealt with that because they were such a great company. But no more. So sad. I got scammed when I went in to work out upgrades- too long to get into it all here but it was slick- wear consumer armor when you go in the store! I called customer service about my latest bill which is too high and it was absolutely terrible- they could not answer my questions and they could not resolve the issue. This is so sad and kind of frightening. I hope a watchdog group checks into what is going on 'cause my instincts tell me something is seriously wrong with T-Mobile's current policies- CONSUMER BEWARE.

Original review: June 27, 2018

We switched my wife's and my phones to T-Mobile in January because they had a senior discount. I told the rep we plan to spend a lot of time at our condo in McCall when my wife quits teaching in June. I specifically asked him about coverage in McCall, and he assured me we would have no problems. After school let out the first week of June, we went and stayed at our condo in McCall. We couldn't make or receive calls from our condo. When we came back to Boise I called T-Mobile and told them we can't use our phones from our condo. The guy on the phone seemed to know they have spotty service, but if I were to switch carriers I would have to pay a $1900 cancellation fee. I told him we'd gladly give them back our phones. Now we're stuck with crappy service for 19 more months, or we face a huge bill. Had they told us up front their service sucks in McCall, we would never have switched.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I've been a T-Mobile customer for over 5 years and made a mistake of not making payment arrangements and was handed down a terrible $90 late fee for no payment. I have children to feed and children to raise and for the one time they cannot waive this 90 late fee. Ridiculous!!! Spoke with supervisor Mathew rep ID # **. He so arrogant. He does represent T-Mobile. Ugly evil terrible person. Could not get past his 90 late fee. He sounded the type of professional that is like WALL OF STEEL. Cannot get through the **. Terrible. Sad but real.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Since T-Mobile merged with AT&T, the service has gone way down. Tried to unlock my phone and the lady that helped me shut down my phone and cleared my account. All customer service phone calls are routed to India so there's definitely confusion when asking for a simple task as unlocking a phone. This person not only cleared my account, she completely messed up my account so bad, now it's under a person named Jose. Say what!!!??? I had to pay $100 to reconnect my phone trying to get my old number back now. It's been the worst experience ever!!! Stay clear away from AT&T and T-Mobile!!! The only reason I gave them two stars is due a Jesus who did his best help out. I’m posting this on every social media that I can find till they get it right.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Poor customer service. They take payments without consent and prior to the due date. They never honor payment arrangements. I need my phone. I am permanently disabled. The phone was not working. They could not fix it after months of complaining to them. Finally they gave me a refurbished phone that has the same problems. They lie all the time. Phone strength is very low a lot of the time. Very slow. Cannot wait until my contract is over!!!

Original review: June 24, 2018

Paid $75.00/month for unlimited data and only got 200 megabytes because T-Mobile has no cell towers in this area. Called and rep said he would switch me to their $25.00/month plan with no data. That was late May. On June 9th I switched service to AT&T. On June 19th T-Mobile bills me another $75.00 (takes it out of my account). Call and they say they couldn't switch during the billing cycle. Yet they have charged me $75.00 for the UPCOMING billing cycle! So T-Mobile has charged me $150.00 for 2 months of "Unlimited" data service and I've gotten a total of 200 megabytes of data! I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO T-MOBILE!!!

Original review: June 23, 2018

Tried to file a claim for my phone (mechanical failure) but T-Mobile and Assurant went around in circles on who was responsible in replacing my phone. It was because my phone was already a year and a half yr old. It passed the warranty. However I took the insurance that way, when something goes wrong they can replace it. Apparently they won’t because I originally got the phone from another carrier. I got passed around so many times (between T-Mobile/Assurant/Apple). There’s even one rep (lady) that she said she will put me on hold to verify info, then she just hanged up. Maybe because she did not want to hear me because I was so frustrated (who wouldn’t)?... can you just imagine how I got more frustrated when she did that. It meant I needed to call T-Mobile again and wait another time to get in touch again.

T-Mobile needs to improve their customer service. Every time I call T-Mobile CS it usually takes 5-10-15 minutes before someone picks up the phone. Then after customer rep answers the phone she again transferred me to another department. Then another then another. Back and forth between T-Mobile, Assurant, and Apple tech dept. literally, it took 5 hell long hours to resolve the issue. T-Mobile sucks big time when it comes to customer service. So much to write but I am so tired from the 7pm called I made from T-Mobile and it finally ended at 11:55pm.

T-Mobile Company Information