Optimum IO Cable

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This is quite a sad review to write. Being a third generation Optimum customer and a former Optimum employee, I can honestly say I have never been more dissatisfied with their business practices, customer relations and overall service quality over the past 3-6 months. I haven't been inconvenienced as severely as some of the other customers on this review page but nevertheless the recent changes the company has made has cause many to reconsider their service provider and I'm slowly falling into that trend.

The list goes on and on from un-prorated cancellations to over-exaggerations and lies by sales to false advertising. That’s right I said false advertising. Optimum claims to be providing 400/40 which I checked and is not available in my area. I understand that the city has access to higher levels of speed and that the outer suburbs haven’t expanded to carry more load but I really need it. The internet is flaky already. Recently, the internet has been going in & out non-stop and most of the higher-level TV channels are grainy and hard to watch. After much coax fiddling, I have no idea what the cause is and have no choice but to contact customer service. Which leads me to my next issue.

No matter what time of the day you call you must wait excess of 10+ minutes to speak to someone and normally at this point you are fuming. The automated system hangs up if you fight with it and certain calls you are forced to run troubleshooting steps. The reps who are quite nice have the patience of a saint to hear our troubles all day. I have worked in customer service and ever since one of their call centers, closed it’s been pretty much bedlam ever since and hell has been placed on its employees. Because they have downsized, it’s a whole different atmosphere and it boils down to the customers.

Adding insult to injury, after running all their tests, I must wait 9 DAYS for a service tech to arrive and possibly charge me. (And BTW no credit) I have never seen it get that backed up and quite honestly, insulting to loyal long-time customers. If I can convince my parents to drop TV and just get internet, I’d go with Verizon. Sometimes its quality of quantity. Au Revoir (Goodbye) Altice, I hope to soon get more fiber-optic in my diet.

In 10 years of being an Optimum Online customer this evening (about 5:10 pm EST) we had to call on an account where there were two billing errors, one for an installation fee that was supposed to be waived due to them missing our appointment, and the second charging us for an old account that was previously removed! Immediately the customer assault representative "Tina" from "billing" was extremely aggressive, disrespectful, and even threatened me that if I would not listen to her, and be yelled at by her, she was just going to hang up on me and not provide me the customer service I was seeking. Having no choice, I first listened to her lecture me how I owe the money, how I need to listen to her, how because the account was canceled on the first day of the new month (which it wasn't) I was still being charged for an entire month of service because Optimum charges you for the entire month of service even if you don't use it.

After trying to get a few words in and seeing it wasn't getting anywhere I asked to speak to a supervisor, which made her even more hostile, and she literally started yelling at me. To make a long story short in the end I was correct about being charged incorrectly for both fees, and she still tried to blame me for her unprofessional behavior. Another person on the planet blaming someone else for their behavior, and how they respond to someone else. She was a disgusting person to deal with and I hope Optimum calls me on this encounter (and she stated a supervisor would call me within 48 hours).

I had Optimum like 5 years ago and recently wanted to try their service again. I had an open bill that was never paid since that bill was for service that was not provided at the time I had Cablevision. Now when I wanted to open a new account they advised me I have to speak to the collections agency to pay my old balance and that's what I did. I made a settlement with the collections agency. Then I opened an account with Optimum and paid upfront the installation and first month of service. My bill arrived and realized there was a "recovery charge". When I called to find out what that charge was all about, I was advised that it is the old balance that was not paid 5 years ago.

I explained that I did pay it to the collections agency and made a settlement with them. They are not accepting my response and I never heard of a company claiming back an old bill which they gave over to a collections agency and asking for payment when I did make my settlement with the collections agency and have a zero balance with them. I am very angry and annoyed. I was on the phone with Optimum hundred of hours regarding this issue and every time I spoke to a rep or supervisor I was told they need 5 business days and promised to get back to me but never did. I had to reexplain my situation every time and finally got someone to look into this matter but he was very stubborn and kept on saying I must pay the old balance to Optimum. And by the way it is all of $43. It's not the money that bothers me. It is the bad and horrible customer service they are having.

Called Optimum because of wifi and intermittent tv failure. After waiting for 32 minutes, spoke with technician, he confirmed my home received no signal. Although it was an outdoors failure would not send technician unless we stayed home to give tech access. Both my wife and I work during day and could not hook up with proper timing... So for almost three weeks had no service 'til June 26 when my wife could schedule to be there for technician. The 27th, technician came and confirmed what we knew. The problem was 100% outdoors... Technician even told my wife he could not believe the technicians who were working on the same pole when the original problems showed up (3 weeks before) did not do anything to fix whatever was wrong...

Sorry I forgot to mention the problems with our service started the day Optimum techs were working on the pole behind my house and my wife told them the service was lost and they said they did not touch anything that could affect our service. And they were wrong and lied to her... They just did not want to get involved without a work ticket. Never mind. All of this got me upset but I just spoke with Optimum customer service. I wanted to get credit for not having service for almost three weeks... "In the invoice you can see there was virtually no wifi usage during June" - so I was told that nothing that happened prior to June 26 was in their system so she gave me the corporate line of "Sorry but unless it's in the system I can not..." That's like putting the fox in the hen house. They decide what's in their system and everything I might say is just lies... I can only say that going away from Optimum is one of my priorities in my household in the near future!!!

I have been with Optimum in the past but typically their quality of service used to be average but wasn't disappointing. Unfortunately they had crossed that threshold and graduated from average to worse. Recently I was approached by one of the sales executives from Optimum and was promised an amazing package. I was told that if I switch to Optimum I would get 100 Mbps internet, cable TV with gold package and landline phone with some international minutes for free (only for 119 per month including all taxes). Obviously it was too tempting so I switched. 15 days goes by and I come to know that I don't have gold but silver instead and then behold the bill arrives in mail and to my surprise I come to know the monthly bill is not 119 but somewhere around 150 instead.

I call the customer service and asked them check if this might be in some error but no, as per the amazingly rude customer service representative that is the correct price and I am the one who is a liar here. I thought maybe just maybe this one rep was not nice so I called up again and asked another representative about the same. This one recommended that I should just cancel the service and asked me if she should redirect my phone to their cancellation or retention department.

A word of advice to people who are planning to take Optimum, please make sure to get the details of the offer in official writing especially from that the reps that comes ringing your bell. Also, please make sure to carefully read the confirmation email with the billing and offer details. I really hope that someone from Optimum should consider these issues seriously and improve their quality and bring in good representatives who should work on getting the customer happy and bring in good rating to Optimum.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Optimum IO Cable?

I requested my account be cancelled on May 12, 2017 because I sold my house and was moving out of state. I returned all equipment on May 11, 2017. They sent a bill requesting payment for a entire month from May 7 - June 7. I called and told them I was willing to pay for May 7th through May 12, but they refused. All other utility companies sent us a prorated bill, how is Optimum getting away with overcharging customers? I never saw anything in writing about this cancellation policy. It states in the "Billing Information" section of the bill that you are billed each month in ADVANCE for next month’s service. I did not use the entire month and am disputing these charges. I received a call from a collection company, phone # ** on May 22, 2017 and a letter dated May 20th from CBHV on May 24th. It seems there are many complaints about Optimum and hope this issue gets resolved. Please call if you need any further information.

No internet notice page on screen. Tech diagnostic via phone contact determined modem defect. Suggested service tech come. Result cut and replaced lengthened interior plug wire by cut backing then recapping wire. P.S. The cable was NEW AND SUPPLIED BY OPTIMUM. Estimated time 5 mins. 80. Charge to recap their own new cable??? I'm not convinced that was the problem!!! Recap was window dressing for 80 charge.

Had Triple Play service for 1.5 years. They increased my cost after one year. Service ok but not great. Only good thing is no contract. Fios showed up at my door one day and made me an offer I could not refuse. Same channels, much better equipment (optimum DVR functionality is horrendous), $30 per month savings, $250 Visa card, guaranteed pricing for 2 years and finally zero cost to transfer and install everything, oh and almost forgot, faster internet.

When I went to terminate my Optimum service, that is when I realize who I was doing business with. The agent kept me on the phone for an extended period of time to try convince me not to cancel. Annoying but ok. Fios install was already done. What was not ok was that they started to trash Fios with false statements like: he used to work at Verizon for years and they will increase your cost within 90 days without telling you, my utilities bill will go up 5 to 10% because of their equipment, Verizon charges for tech support, etc... Wow... Did not expect the mud slinging.

When Optimum increased my cost after one year, I called them to ask they restore to initial pricing. They refused. Now that I have actually changed service they are all of sudden willing to lower my bill $30/$50 and I am now supposed take another day off from work to have them reconnect everything. Well that ship had sailed. I could not get the guy on the phone to cancel my service so I told him I would call back to end the call. I then went to one of their stores on my way into work the next day to return my equipment and cancel. The guy there tells me I need to call this other number to cancel and that he cannot cancel from the store.

I call then and there and guess what, I get the exact same mud slinging... That tells me the mudslinging is systematic and not specific to a specific agent. They actual train people to say this stuff. I understand being aggressive to try to keep customers but lying and making stuff is completely different. I can guarantee that no matter what, I will never go back to Optimum.

I have been a loyal customer to them for years. They had charged me 3 times for on demand movies I did not order. Would not credit me for their error!!! First the customer service rep offered to credit me for 2 of the on demand movies I didn't order... then reneged. My bad for not checking my bills over the years. I trusted them. So no credit in any way shape or form!!! Because I didn't realize they were ripping me off and did not notice it until months later. I will take this further. I am quite certain this happens with them all the time.

Where to begin, so when the tech first installed my service, he said he was done and going to leave. I had to say "wait, but my computer is not connecting to the internet" - he blamed my wire. (worked fine with Fios hours before) So I rewired the connection and now we have intermittent internet no connectivity. It only happens on the PC so at least the WiFi is fine. I have called several times and it is not very easy to talk to someone.

Anyway, their router issues they always blame on my computer. Their system will see devices turning on and off in my house even when no one is home and they will argue that your Xbox was just turned on. What? Moving on, so I was supposed to have 2 DVRs. Nope, I have 2 boxes that can record and pause but can't rewind live TV. I need a rewind buffer. Are you kidding me? Then they say that they always install one on the main TV and an additional one will be $1.95/month. Fine, I order one, still not here, but they can't manage to get me a second one. Apparently tech forgot to install, so because their system can't send one out, I gotta drive to Fairlawn and pick up at a store. Again, are you kidding me? Why does the remote take so long to respond? And why are there so few HD channels? I hated paying over $200 with Verizon, but my savings with Optimum are not worth all this pain. I made a mistake, don't make the same one!!!

I accepting a window frame of 2-5 pm so that I can become a first time customer with Optimum. They charged me $110 and said they would be here Sunday June 11, 2017. At 4:40 pm I received a call from a woman stating the technician was running late could they select the window frame of 5-8 pm. I had already been home waiting all day. I could have went grocery shopping. Been at the beach or doing something else. They are a waste of time and it is unacceptable. They need to be reprimanded somehow. What is the point of selecting a window frame a week in advance for them to be late? Now I will find a different provider to install my internet. Thanks.

I received a letter from Optimum thanking me for my years of loyalty and as a result they would increase my monthly bill by $15. I called them 3 times to cancel from the end of May until June 8th. When I finally just stayed on the phone and told them that Fios had just installed their system and that Optimum was out. The customer service representative was pissed I was cancelling and quite nasty on the phone. He told me I would have to pay for the entire month's bill, 6/1 thru 6/30 even though I would be using only 8 days of service. A couple days later I called the billing department and spoke to two representatives, they confirmed that Optimum's policy is to charge for the entire billing cycle regardless of what day you cancel. Word to the wise, if you are an Optimum customer are moving, or want to try Fios, cancel on the last day of your "billing cycle". Shame that Optimum doesn't realize how badly they are damaging their reputation.

The rates are outrageous but Optimum IO is the only game in town so no competition. They offer half the rate in other areas where customers have other choices. Also not happy with customer service. Would switch providers in a heartbeat if we could. Would not recommend under any circumstances to anyone.

I switched to Verizon last week because Optimum internet services and promises didn't work. I bought 200 MB and I was getting 50MB or less, I called many times they didn't care. Also I was paying lot more on my cable, so I switched to Verizon. When I called to cancel, they will not prorate, it's 7th of the month and they want me to pay for the whole rest of the month. They have new thing now, account managers, no supervisors and these account managers are the rudest people on earth. I never had such an experience with a company like that.

I have been with Optimum for 7+ years paying $200+ on monthly basis and today when I call to cancel, I felt like I was talking to Gumbas - MY GOD - I spoke to Shay and Val - rudest girls and extremely impolite. They frustrated me so much they got the worse out of me. Even repeatedly asked to speak to someone else, they will not give me anyone else. No supervisors and yes, I have to pay for 27 days I will not have service from them. I need to share this on social media and other people so they know that Optimum has changed and they are not customer oriented anymore, they are the Gumbas and have no respect for customers.

When the installation team completed hooking up my service they told me they just needed to take a picture of my check and the first months charge would be automatically applied to my account. When my a first bill arrived it showed no evidence of my check ever being received and they tacked on a late charge. I also was promised a sign on bonus of a $200 American Express gift card when I signed up in December. To this day every time I call I told just wait another month or two.

I called them to cancel my service on April 7th because I was transferring to my dad's account. Bill supposed to come as 0$ because I already pay for it time period 03/07 to 04/07. They took modem, router, and cable box when it installed on 04/07 therefore it should cancel my service that day. Now they are charging me from 04/07 to 04/18 because it did not cancel it. They said "Bill is prorated, and you disconnected on 04/18." They charge me 52$ for 10 days. The funny thing is that I did not call to disconnect on 04/18, and they said "You disconnected on 04/18." Called the customer service and they said they won't remove it, supervisor did not help. This kind of ** service they provide. I won't refer anyone to get this provider.

I was a new customer and signed up with the triple play. After reviewing my services, I called because I was now paying $30 more for the exact service with Spectrum (Unfortunately Spectrum was not available where I moved). While my past experience with cable companies was that they were willing to work with you, Optimum did not - Basically the price was the price. Refusing to pay $150/month for services I rarely used, I decided to stream and just keep the internet. Called Optimum and referenced their $39.99 Optimum 100 internet deal. The sales person assured me I would get the promo price because it was less than 2 weeks since I signed up.

Lo and behold, my first bill comes and it's BAM - $54.99!! They charge $44.95 for service PLUS $10 for the "Optional" 100-speed internet! I called customer service to dispute the charge but the gentleman, "Omar" was telling me there was no such deal - I told him to look at the website right now, I'm staring right at it! When I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, he told me no one was available. I repeatedly asked to speak to a supervisor but he refused. I called back again and was able to get a supervisor, "Oddy". Explained the situation to her and after looking she told me I was right. Then she put me on hold and came back on the line saying I wasn't eligible for the promo because I downgraded from the triple play. I told her when I downgraded, I was told they would honor the price since it was less than 2 weeks and not even 1 billing cycle had passed.

Oddy said she couldn't do anything. I am EXTREMELY displeased and will never - ever- ever again work with Optimum and will be switching my business accounts as well. Consumers - There are so many options the monopolies are gone and the cable companies still have not "Upped" their game. Do your research and give your money to a company who shows appreciation for their customers! EarthLink and Exede are options for high-speed internet. FIOS, DSL and Satellite TV. Look into streaming services like Sling, Playstation VUE and DIRECTV NOW that even allow you to stream LIVE TV including local channels. Empowered yourself as a consumer! Good luck.

Since upgrading my wifi a few months ago to the fastest package offered by Optimum I haven't had any issues. All of a sudden last week WiFi comes to a crawl after 9:30pm. So bad we just have to shut everything down and just use our phones' cellular service. It's ridiculous. The service is NOT inexpensive. I should not see packets drop at any time of the day. We've noticed a lot of work down the block from us with Optimum trucks so I HOPE they didn't drop a line or something.

Optimum has refused to remove the charge from my account for doing work inside the house, when all the work was actually done outside the house. The only time he came inside the house was to verify that there was no signal in the beginning and that there was signal after the work he DID. He DID no work inside the house. Previous work orders will demonstrate that when matched up with what is currently inside the house. I have pictures of the 2 splitters Optimum installed outside the house, including the one he added outside the house on the service call. I offered to send them the pictures of the outside splitters and they declined. I suggested that they come by to verify that the splitters are all outside the house, they declined.

They insist on a charge that is easily verifiably false. The tech lied about the work he DID and I have pictures to prove it. I suspect that I am not the only account that they are falsely charging. Please have them remove the charge and review their business practices in this area. Failing that, I will file a formal petition in this matter.

Optimum Cable boxes broke four of my TVs! Three were new and 1 older... All different brands. Be very careful. It's the Samsung Box! I had their old Scientific American box on a TV that was 25 yrs old and it never broke. As soon as they forced me to switch to the Samsung Box the TV broke. I lost an LG, 2 SONYs & a Panasonic. They told me customers need to switch the box every two yrs. Why not notify customers? And you're only trading it in for a used refurbished box anyway. Optimum sucks. And the rate increases for basic are astronomical!

I'd asked for an extension due to my pay cycle. Out of work most of 2015 with very little livable income but always made sure these guys were paid. "WHY", you ask? Because they have no compassion for those who had fallen off budget due to no fault of their own and they're in it for the money. If you're late you are charged a late fee. Don't ask for it to be waived if you've already been give one waived fee in a 12-month period. I'm sure with their new corporate owners that rule of thumb is gone as well. So back to my extension - was told payment due on 21st. I asked for extension till 26th... that's 5 days right? Rep was very nice, said she'd call back. I was patient with her... waiting 1/2 hr for c/b never came - not from her. Instead they fed another robo-call thru (me thinking it was Castenda and it was robolady)... so they nailed me at the question If this is SO & SO press 3..

I called back last night and it rang and rang and rang till someone finally answered. I go through my spiel and she says,"OH I can't help you - I'm troubleshooting customer service, not billing... billing closes at 8pm." I ask for Corporate's phone number/address - she tells me she doesn't have that & I should look on my bill. I was livid. I called this morning again and go through the same scenario... explaining my life away. Valerie tells me, 'good news, they granted the extension... until Thurs the 25th." Are you freakin' kidding me? I don't get paid til 26th which means they will charge me a restore fee... Spoke with retention and they could give two hoots and a holler on my threats to leave them.

We're a customer of Optimum since Cablevision was born and started ripping people off by charging us to watch TV... something was always free. I don't need HBO, Cinemax, et al. Just give me some inane shows to take my mind off the everyday grind. I'm now shopping for a new internet and TV provider. I'm done with Optimum/Altice. They stink big time.

Called in to cancel the service on the 10th of a month, where the billing cycle starts from the 1st calendar day of a month. Optimum refused to refund for the unused 20 days of service. They changed the terms & conditions sometime in 2016 and never notified customers in a meaningful way. They said the new T&C is in the bill sent to customers, but why should customers be expected to read the T&C every time they receive a bill? Ditched them, and will never return to Optimum.

We moved here recently from California, had Comcast there (thought it was so-so), and didn't have the option to continue with them here. Optimum has been nothing but disappointing--from initial billing issues, the inability to ever get someone live on the phone unless I "trick the system" and act as a new customer, to the multiple times we lose WiFi, and have to simply unplug the cords in order to reset it. So annoying, and can't imagine the issues I would encounter if I worked from home, or was always watching TV, or trying to use the internet. I feel sorry for those folks. Again, Optimum sucks and stay clear!! Bring Comcast (never thought I'd say that) to our area!

As many have complained, I am having the same issue - being charged for a month of services even though I have disconnected the services. I disconnected on 05/04/17 and is expected to pay for the entire month of May. I will not. I have filed a complaint with the NYS AG. I suggest everyone to do the same. Here are the links to file a complaint: https://ag.ny.gov/complaint-forms, https://forms.ag.ny.gov/CIS/consumer-complaints.jsp.

Just as many have mentioned, I am being billed for an entire month even though I cancelled my service at the beginning of the month. Optimum billed me for the month of March 1-31st, when I cancelled and returned the equipment on March 7th. They pro-rated my telephone part of the bill, but not the internet and TV. They claim it is stated on the last page of the bill that I am responsible for the entire month. I have spoken to them several times and get the same answer that I am responsible for the bill. This is outrageous and something needs to be done to stop them from stealing from people. I told them one reason I signed up with them was because there was no contract and I could cancel anytime. Well they failed to mention about their billing practice. I don't know how to solve this and don't know if there is a class action suit against them, but I'd appreciate any advise on what to do now.

My bill cycle ended yesterday April 30. I called customer service today just to see if there was a promotion since I am paying too much for Internet (60 Mbps) for $74.00 and I was told that the current promotion didn't apply in my case. The current promotion is 89.99 for the 3 services. They couldn't lower my bill but they tried to sell me the 3 services for $ 125.00. Crazy. I told them that I prefer to cut my service and yes they do that but I have to pay them the next month because the bill was done already. Even though I have returned the router and modem.

Call CS due to some channels disappearing that I had for years and years, was told "Oops sorry" for most 1 or 2 said "Sorry we changed your package. If you want you need to upgrade." Then they say "I can give you a year of free DVR to ease your pain," of course I say ok. Fast forward 18 months or so I look at my auto pay history and see they started charging 15 bucks a month. After 12 months I call to complain.

I NEVER AUTHORISED IN ANY WAY AN UPGRADE. So reimburse me, told no can do, I ask to speak to management and again told no can do... "THIS IS NOT AN ESCALATABLE ISSUE" makes you DESPISE AND WISH EVIL ON THIS COMPANY. OMG what dirt bags, they get away with murder. Unbelievable. PS While I'm at it... Was late on the bill one time way back, did not even know it so rather they notify me of the oversight. After like 20 years of never missing a payment for 2 or 3 different accounts they turn off my video, turn off my Internet Access, charge me $15 for each service to turn it back on. Unbelievable!!!

THEY ARE STEALING HARD EARN MONEY FROM CUSTOMERS!! I called several time to inquire about terminating my service because of the outrageous fee which continue to increase. I was informed to cancel at any time with no fees charges because I had no contract. The representative never offered a better rate. Now Optimum is continuing to BILL me for a full month's worth of service after I told then I switched. They now offered me a deal which I refused and for 3 DAY later into the month I have to pay a full month of service... How sad that you cannot keep customers and have to rip people to survive. It was very unethical not to informed the customers about the ending deadline to cancel service and then expect them to pay for a month of service not provided. I had them for over a decade and will never use them again. I spoke with the supervisor, Omar to tried to rectify the situation, no resolution at this time.

This people are literally the worst I have ever seen. I have a 2 family house and requested the service one year ago for the first floor apartment, but it was installed in reality on the second floor. I then rented that unit to another person that also opened an account. What they did was to immediately cancelled my service just because another account was opened. They didn't call me to ask any question, didn't ask my tenant for proof of residency. My account was in good standing and there were no reason for cancellation. I had to call numerous time to find out what was going. They charged my account $180 for equipment and disconnected my service with the excuse that two accounts can't be open in the same address. Instead of them confirming with me what was going on if I moved, if there were a mistake with the address, etc. they just went ahead.

After numerous calls and hours wasted on the phone, they were supposedly going to fix the problem. What they did now was to transfer my tenant's account to my name in the first floor and leave my real account disconnected. Now, I was going to be responsible to pay my tenant's service while I didn't have any. This is retarded and ridiculous, no call to confirm these changes and no proof of tenancy requested. How you can simply disconnect a current customer because someone else call? Without asking for any proof or not even calling your current customer?

I cancelled my Optimum Triple Play on 3/22. I had previously paid my bill for the time from 3/14-4/14. I returned all my equipment on the 22nd of March at their service center in Nanuet. I explained to the customer service clerk that I was changing to FIOS and I asked how the company handled their refund since I had paid for the time up to 4/14. I was told they credit me a prorated amount after charging me for the days I used which would have been through the 22nd. Well a few days later I received an email saying my account would be credited $12 for the prorated portion of the phone part of the bill but there is no refund for the TV or Internet portion and they bill me the full month. I asked how can they be charging me for the TV and Internet when I returned the equipment and can't access these services.

They told me they sent out a notice to all customers in October of 2016 telling them they will be billed the full month even if they end service prior to their month being up. I spoke to customer service 4 times and was told this is how they do things so I said again how can you charge me for something I dont have ability to use due to fact you have all my equipment that I returned. They are ripping off the customer and charging everyone for full month on TV and Internet but crediting the phone portion of the bill. I was told by supervisor that when returning equipment the customer service rep is suppose to tell the customer they will be billed until end of their billing cycle. First off that doesn't make it right and secondly I was told by the customer service rep that I would be credited the prorated amount for days not used. The whole process is rip off of the customer.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1973 under the name Cablevision Systems Corporation, Optimum continues to serve millions of customers in the New York area. The company offers television, Internet and cable services.

• Business and residential service: Optimum has a full range of telephone, Internet and TV products for the home and office, and it is a good choice for residential or commercial customers.
  • Better channel options: With more than 600 HD channels available, customers in the New York area can experience a variety of programming.
  • Unlimited plans: Customers can get unlimited cell phone, text and data usage, and premium TV services in one package.
  • Internet-based TV: Optimum offers a digital paid TV service.
  • Free package: After signing up for broadband Internet service, the company offers a 50-channel package for free.
  • Best for Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to customers,, households on a budget or staff members and customers with special interests.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers