1.28/5
Based on 215 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

493 Optimum IO Cable Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have had a very frustrating experience with Altice (Optimum) formerly Cablevision. They have billed me for two months even after I cancelled my internet service. First I called them just two into my billing cycle to cancel my service and they charged me for a whole month. I was very unhappy but they did not stop there. They billed me for one more month after that saying that the customer service agent put my service on temp suspension rather than cancelling service. I called customer service several times but none of them are helpful.

They have charged me even though I disconnected my equipment, disconnected my service and retuned the equipment. The whole Altice billing and customer department has no regard for customers. Very unethical and dishonest company. Cablevision was such a great company. Altice is ruining the entire reputation of Cablevision. So beware of Altice. Know when your billing cycle starts and make sure you cancel and confirm repeatedly as they really want to milk you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Oh my, first phone call: I would like to switch service from the previous owner into my name and upgrade. Second phone call: I tried to get online to access my account and it still in the previous owner's name can you fix that. They said I needed to fill out a change of name form. We did. third phone call: you billed the previous owners and took the money from their account. Please reverse payment to them I am sending a check. Oh they need to email and advise they wish to no longer have the payment directly removed. Ok they did. Fourth call, maybe, I lost track. Why is the previous still being billed? Oh you must contact your financial institution. Ok ok ok, Wtf already.

Fifth call, I think, please remove all info regarding the previous owners. Still there email on the account. Still billing them. Wtf here. Mmm. Really. This isn't hard. Seventh call, after a charge of $20 to reverse the payment they erroneously took from the previous owners account, twice, to have them remove the charge and I was advised they could not do that. I then asked to cancel service. My next update will be how unhappy I am with there cancellation policy and fees. Should be fun. Wish me luck. Please do not get Altice by Optimum.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I disconnected my service. This company is a bunch of crooks as they don't daily pro-rate for 31 days of service which any other utility company does. For example, If your usage is 1 day into the next billing cycle they charge you in advance for the whole month which in my opinion is illegal. Which means that they're getting paid for 30 days of non-usage after a disconnect. If you pro-rate yourself and not pay for the full month they will more than likely have a collections department involved which will affect your credit. I'm thinking of taking legal action against them if necessary and so should other customers if they want it stopped. I'm infuriated with Optimum by Altice and will make sure to spread the word about the horrible company they are and my horrible experience.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

If I could I would give them a negative star rating, that is how bad my experience was. Thought I would switch services because of cost savings. Did so in May 2018 and for the 2 weeks that I had Optimum/Altice One it was one headache after another. To begin with the tech that came to install my system never told me or gave me any paperwork regarding the system, he came with a reusable shopping bag with the cable boxes and remotes in them. After it was installed, I had to call that day because I couldn't get service. I called almost daily because I did not have service, I even had a service technician show up to check the system, he swapped the remote controls on both my units, that was it. The system continued to fail and as I would get more and more frustrated I cancelled the service after 2 weeks.

The customer service representation is awful as well, I was repeatedly hung up on when I called to complain that I did not have service and when I did get someone to help they were barely knowledgeable and their end response was to reboot the system. After cancelling the service and returning the equipment, I received a bill for $434.00 saying that it was for the REMAINDER of the month of service that I had and failure to return equipment. This invoice did not come until yesterday, this is the first communication that I have had with Optimum since I cancelled. I called and was told that they credited me for the equipment although my account is still showing that I owe them this money and that they had sent me to a COLLECTION AGENCY for non-payment! To anyone that reads this please stay as far away from Optimum as possible, they are nothing but crooks and hacks!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

After receiving numerous mail promotions for Atlice One, a saleswoman came to my door so I spoke with her since I was intrigued. My main problem with Verizon was the picture quality, especially at night, on my 4K TVs. She convinced me the picture would be better since the Altice boxes were newer technology and actually 4K boxes (although Optimum doesn't have 4K service yet). The boxes were also supposed to be better since they have cable box, router, and cable modem all in one box.

I've had the service for about two months and I hate it. Not only am I paying MORE for Optimum (which in truth would have been worth it for me if the picture really was better - which it's not), but I'm getting 1/5 of the internet bandwidth I was getting with Verizon, and HORRIBLE customer service. Nobody knows what they're doing. I sent them feedback on all the problems I was having about 3 weeks ago and received NOTHING. No phone call as a follow up, no email trying to explain the problems, nothing. I sent the saleswoman an email over a month ago relating the same problems and, after she promised to look into the problems for me and get back to me, I'm still waiting for an answer.

Here are the problems I encountered for which I never received an explanation: 1. I have frequent problems with the Altice One boxes and often need to reboot them. 2. There are WAY too many non-high def channels in the Optimum lineup, especially when you're touting (and I'm pay for!) 4K service! It's ridiculous, actually, that so many channels are not broadcast in high def. 3. The Internet service is not a good value at all; much slower service (200 Mbs currently) for the same money charged by Verizon (for gigabit service).

4. Speed of the wireless connection varies greatly depending on my location in the house. I sometimes have to sign on to a different network (_ext, e.g.,) just to get a minimally usable speed. 5. Network is much to slow to stream from computers; there is so much stutter/judder that the video is unusable. 6. Problems with Altice One mini boxes losing wireless connection and/or functioning too slowly (stutter and judder at times on Web-based services).

7. Cannot save favorite channels (except in Altice App) and when I page through favorites, or when I page through on-demand titles, the Altice interface slows down so much it's unusable. The box has to be rebooted. 8. During peak demand times, picture quality deteriorates. This was the reason I switched from Verizon, thinking that this wouldn't happen with the newer Altice technology.

I'm going back to Verizon Fios. Even if the picture quality remains sub-par, at least I'll have gigabit internet service again, a USABLE cable box interface that makes some sense and doesn't hang up all the time, and very good customer service with people that seem genuinely interested in trying to help. All this...for about $30 cheaper per month than what I'm paying for Optimum. Hope this helps you if you're considering Optimum. After their takeover by Altice, the company has gone WAY downhill, in my opinion, from what it was from 2000 through 2014 when I used Optimum. The parent company is obviously interested in profits, not people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Optimum IO Cable?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

No showed for an appointment missed an entire day of work. Optimum gave me an appointment for the entire day Wednesday, August 8, 2018. Not only did they no-show they never bothered to call me when the appointment got canceled in their system for reason they have no idea why. I lost $400 not working waiting for them for absolutely nothing. Yet when I made the appointment, if they show up and you aren’t there they charge you $80. Do I have any recourse? Should I charge them $80? Should I take $80 off my bill and fight it? The only thing they’re able to offer me as an apology which let me tell you how much that is worth, nothing. This is so disrespectful to people. I remember when Time Warner in New York got sued bad for this problem

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

So I had the Optimum cable, internet and phone package but noticed after a while my bill was almost $400 for somewhat reliable service, and premium channels available only at a package upgrade and an even higher bill. Unfortunately Optimum has been the ONLY cable internet company in my area until recently. I quickly jumped at the chance switch to DirecTV but Optimum is currently still the only internet service provider in Brookhaven, NY. As a result I pay Optimum for internet service only. Problem is I have no internet service. The equipment does not work. I spend hours troubleshooting with them at no avail.

There is an $80 charge for someone to come to your home and fix the problem for service I am already paying for and not getting. So to save $80 I take the morning off work to personally go to their location to exchange the modem that does not work for a new one, which I had to install myself and still does not work. This monopoly and lack of options is outrageous but I was told the best way to get the best service is to switch back their complete service package. This is a deliberate monopoly and disgusting practice of taking advantage of people. Still no service, no working equipment, no results. What am I supposed to think?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I disconnected my service due to the sale of my property. This company is a bunch of crooks as they don't daily pro-rate for 31 days of service which any other utility company does. For example, If your usage is 1 day into the next billing cycle they charge you in advance for the whole month which in my opinion is illegal. Which means that they're getting paid for 30 days of non-usage after a disconnect. If you pro-rate yourself and not pay for the full month they will more than likely have a collections department involved which will affect your credit. I'm thinking of taking legal action against them if necessary and so should other customers if they want it stopped. I'm infuriated with Optimum by Altice and will make sure to spread the word about the horrible company they are and my horrible experience.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Optimum not only has poor service, but they have NO customer service. They never answer the phones, don't have email contact methods and outright lie to their customers. Then they discriminate between new and long time customers by giving new customers rates at 1/3 or 1/3 the rates existing customers pay. AVOID Optimum/Cablevision at all costs. Let's all team together and put them out of business and stop the monopolies in this country NOW!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

My mother who is 86 had a notice come up while watching TV to select her package. Apparently her old package ran out. She selected what she thought was the same one but a few weeks later when the bill came she had ACCIDENTALLY selected a package for $100.00 more. She went to the office and there was nothing they could do to take the charge off the bill (bills are for future service not already used by the way). She is living on SS and has been a customer for a long time, she never had that come up on the TV before and it confused her because she had to quickly select. I called on her behalf and even a supervisor said nothing they can do to give her a credit. She never even knew she had these channels. I am getting her an antenna now and have her cancel.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

We switched from Verizon Fios to save money, BIG mistake. First day installation was today. Tech arrived, connected wires then couldn’t get anything to work. Unable to complete installation he said, because of an “outage of the box.” Not the area. The box. It’s brand new so how the hell is it not working? He said the hard part was done. It could be out all day. When it works we’ll see it. WTF. This was 10am mind you. We left for the day then returned around 2pm. Still not working. I called customer service, emailed and a legit full hour later of being on hold 3 times, I’m told they are working on it.

They apologized. I got a $10 credit for a year for my troubles. It’s now 8pm and it’s still not working. We have no cable, internet (other than cell phones) and no house phone. Optimum used to be good. I had them before moving to NJ. Their customer service is awful. AWFUL!!! How do you come out to install a product that doesn’t work and you have no ETA on when it will work? Of course, we also paid the first month prorate as required in order for the tech to even begin work! They “require” payment. We REQUIRE a service that works for that payment. Worst service ever. We have 12mo. After that we’re canceling! Do NOT get Altice One.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Does anybody has Optimum? I've been having problems in which the company cannot fix for a year in a half now. I at first was getting distortion on some channels, on my DVR and On Demand. They fixed the channels but can never fix the DVR and the On Demand. They are under staff and use outside contractors to do maintenance because they cannot do all the jobs. They send the construction team yesterday to do the final touch in rewiring outside. I put on my TV last night and I have the same problem. This is uncalled for. I guess they don't have the time to correctly fix the problem.

Now I'm waiting for the tech to come and see if they fixed the problem which they did not fix. I have to wait from 10 am to 8 pm for them to come or later. Depending on their workload. If I'm not home between those time frame I will be charged for the visit which I believe it's $60. This is the worst services I've ever countered. I told customer services that some type of reimbursement on my billing for their bad services in which I'm getting the runaround.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Probably one of the worst UX/customer service experiences I ever had to deal with. They are quick to set you up and take your money, but when you have an issue and try calling, they are absolutely the worst! I called twice; once because my connection was disrupted out of nowhere. The rep was too casual on the phone to even care to help. He made no sense, telling me 5G is better, trying to sell me some scam of an upgrade, when I know very well 5G is just horribly dangerous to even have set up in any home. Anyway, he veered off the real reason why I called and never helped out in solving the issue. I ended up fixing the issue myself.

Second time, I called just to make an appointment to move my router location and was left bouncing on queue for over 2.5 hours!!! I don't understand how this crap is still in business. Definitely cancelling and warning people... DO NOT SIGN UP WITH OPTIMUM. They will gladly take your money but will not help resolve issues. I can only imagine how far worse it would be for a non-tech savvy person.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I had a installation scheduled for yesterday, the tech came and as quick as I had told him that I needed to make a hole he was gone! He told me I needed to call and reschedule for that work to be done as he didn't have the tools available, understandable but I thought he was going to do the other work in the meantime. Because of our move in not being completed, he didn't install but saw that we had at least ONE TV available and still didn't install anything. If it wasn't for my mom showing up, I would've never known that he had left my property! I called him, since he had called prior to arrival, and he said "Nah, I won't be going back, there's nothing for me to do." I asked if he could at least do the one box and our phone and internet and he said "Nah, I'm already at my next location, I'm too far" mind you he had left TWO MINUTES PRIOR TO ME CALLING!

I call to see if Optimum can have him or someone else come back, they said yes, so I waited and waited and nothing. I call again, they tell me no one will be going, after being told someone will! They call me back and tell me I now have to wait another week before they can send someone back!!! I've had Optimum for many years and I've never had an issue till now.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have been continually misadvised by the poorly trained staff and now, on my most recent calls when I demanded management upon realizing the matters I would told on numerous previous occasions would be addressed were not, I was not given a resolution or even remote consideration. I moved out of my apartment February 1, at which point I contacted Optimum to discontinue service and was told the cancellation process was completed and no equipment needed to be returned.

Approximately one month later, I received a call from an Optimum representative advising me my services had not been terminated until the end of February due to nonpayment on my active account and payment was needed or the equipment needed to be returned. I informed the representative I was not advised during my cancellation call that I needed to return equipment. My cancellation request was not processed nor documented, but she assured me she would have the matter addressed.

I received a letter regarding the balance another month later, at which point I called in and spoke with a male representative who told me he would finally address my balance, as these were errors on the company's behalf. In July, I moved into my new home in and scheduled to have Optimum services installed. When I called in to confirm my appointment date, I was informed I still had a $400+ balance. The male representative assured me he would have my installation time confirmed via text and would escalate the collections issue for waiver to his supervisor with the knowledge that I had been initially and repeatedly misadvised (lied to?), with my numerous preceeding calls to address the matter disregarded.

I called the next day to confirm the balance was waived. I was told I had a $0.00 balance. Apparently, this was not the case - I had a $0.00 balance for the current services on my new home and the previous balance accumulated over months on services for a home I no longer lived in and had repeatedly tried to cancel had been passed on to a collections company.

This is not a resolution - this is underhanded, most especially towards a customer that, despite the previous issues, chose to continue service under the false premise that it was resolved. After (to my surprise) speaking with a collections representative today, I had called Optimum and spoken with Elizabeth. She was the first representative to tell me regardless of being misadvised, she would not waive the balance nor transfer me to a supervisor per my request for further assistance and terminated the call.

I called a second time and spoke with three male representatives - one in customer service, his supervisor, and another supervisor above the former. The first supervisor could not so much as confirm my call from 20 minutes prior occurred and said he saw no call logs other than the one for my installation of new services at the beginning of July and a service call to the address I had moved out of February 1st - however, the service call he referenced was from February 6th (so clearly this service call was not made to an address I no longer inhabited).

The second supervisor I was transferred to could not confirm any call logs, including the one referenced from February 6th by another representative from their company claimed occurred. I did not find a resolution for this matter. Was evidently repeatedly lied to by the representatives today. And received no communication from previous representatives who told me this would be resolved when it was clearly not.

I have sent a letter disputing the charges to the collections company and will be taking Optimum to court as well as canceling my current services immediately. This company is underhanded, deceitful, and the staff is poorly trained with management that does not follow up with resolutions for errors with their staff. Each representative you speak to will give you varying information based on whatever they think will usher you away and get them an unauthorized and undeserved payment. Disgusting.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

THIS COMPANY DOES NOT DESERVE A SINGLE STAR! I don't understand how they train their employees but it is absolutely horrible! I have never in my life been given so much runaround and back and forth in my life. I moved into a new apartment and set up an appointment 2 weeks ago. The day of the appointment 7/30 I called to confirm that the appointment was still on and everything was scheduled to go. Keep in mind their email says that they will contact you within 24 hours if they cannot fulfill the appointment. I spoke with a customer service rep and she informed me that they were still working on the wiring in my building and it would be completed by 8/1. Strike number 1. So I ask why did I not receive a phone call informing me of this information. I took off work to have this service installed. She couldn't provide an answer. Strike number 2.

I call this morning 8/1 and spoke with a gentleman who looked into the matter. He informed me that Optimum has never even touched the building. They don't do business there at all. Strike number 3. I'm highly pissed at this point because this company is inconsiderate and gives you inaccurate information. When I set up the appointment it should have been reviewed immediately and I notified of this same information I was given 8/1. Such a waste of time and energy. I will never work with this company.

Original review: July 31, 2018

If I could give them negative stars, I would! You have to call each month to dispute "charges" they keep you on hold and "disconnect" you after being on hold for a long duration. Then each year I have call and renegotiate my bill. I have two TVs, NO Showtime, HBO, Stars, Cinemax or any fancy channels and my bill with phone and internet including taxes and fees comes out to over $240.00 per month. They are the worst company to deal with. The last thing you want to do after working all day is to come home and open your cable bill that is more than your car note. SURPRISE!! There are so many other cable alternatives. The days of paying that much for cable are over!

Original review: July 31, 2018

For the past 4 days I have woken up to no service; no wifi, no phone, and no tv. It eventually turns on around 10:00 am and I do nothing - it just comes on. Which leads me to believe it is something with your equipment. On Sunday morning the 2nd day it occurred I called and set up an appointment for Monday - all day of course. 10-8 was time I was given. However, on Sunday when the service came on I cancelled the service call because I did not want to be charged $80.00 for them to not find nothing wrong. This turned out to be a big mistake. On Monday once again I woke up to no service and again it came on around 10:00 - called & set up appointment for Tuesday 11-2.

Again it came on around 10:00 however I left the appointment knowing something was wrong. At 3:00pm Tuesday still no service tech - so I called only to be told a supervisor cancelled the appointment - no details were given, I wasn't even given a phone call. (If I didn't call to see where the tech was I would still be waiting.) After waiting around all day I was furious - and was told once again nobody would be able to come out until Thursday and once again given the 10-8 slot. How can a large company like Optimum not have a service person available to come out and why did the supervisor cancel my service call?

What make it worse is that nobody really seems to care when you call - terrible customer service with no regard for your customers. Not to say I am getting killed with my data usage on my cell phone and iPad. To date I have not had this problem fixed. The least that could have occurred was once I called and reported that the appointment wasn't cancelled by me a tech should have immediately been sent out. If not today, Tuesday morning then first thing tomorrow Wednesday morning.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I had some questions on my bill so tried to get their website first to get answers. This website is just endless loop of clicking thru useless and general info. Then trying to call them, this was even more frustrating. Went thru whole bunch of robotic Q/As and still cannot find the answers nor get any human on the call. And in the end of every call, there is a robotic voice says "Good Bye" and hangs up the call even before you have any options to go forward. Basically it's telling you to ** off and there is nothing you can do about it. Definitely looking for a new cable company now... I have never experienced such bad customer service.

Original review: July 28, 2018

There's any human working at Optimum? No matter if Chat, Phone, etc. they just don't answer the phone to their customers, you have to pick 100's options. I wish in order for me to pay my bill I can apply the same system. If you want me to pay taxes, please press 1, if taxes is over 2 dollars press 2, for taxes over 2.03 dollars press 3... For state taxes press 7 and so. Customer services in this company really suck, too bad, is a shame in my area we don't have another choice. Otherwise I will change and stay OUT of this very expensive and careless cable company.

Original review: July 27, 2018

Avoid Optimum. They make it really difficult to cancel their service and after you manage to cancel their service they will bill you for days you are not using their service, according their billing cycle. Very unfair to pay for a service that is not being used.

Original review: July 24, 2018

With them about 20 years. Their customer service, field service and internet service is the worst I have experienced. Try to rectify anything over the phone. Get ready to take a day off for that. So much waiting time, who has time to listen music all day. Will not adjust new offers to existing customers without a contract. It's like I am buying a biting dog. If they cannot resolve your concern they will put you on music and walk away. Routine inside office trick. Poor customer after minutes or hours give up. It really showing no respect to customers. If I have any other choice I will get rid of this outfit any time. Will not recommend to anyone.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I have had a very unacceptable experience with Optimum after recently discontinuing my monthly service, having sold my home. Like many others who have recently written to complain, I was shocked to find Optimum would insist I pay for a full 30 days of service though I only lived in the house for Two of those days, and had turned in the cable equipment at Optimum the day of closing—having no idea it was 2 days into billing cycle-My monthly tv, internet and phone bill was $224! That’s about $8 per day. I asked what I could do or who I could speak to and was given an address in Jericho to put my complaint in writing. I did write. I received a response reiterating that I owed the money and this was the policy now.

The letter was not signed by an individual and only contained a phone number to an automated customer support system. (I have been told that this new full month billing regardless of disconnect date thing was communicated when Optimum took over from cable—but it’s not what I signed up for!) One question I have is that if I stopped my service on my closing date of my home, and still have to pay for service I would not use for the next 28 days, does the buyer who moved in the next day ALSO pay for those days of service??? Isn’t that wrong somehow??? I began receiving calls, up to five in a day! From a collection agency. I explained I am disputing the bill-I’ve asked them to stop calling! I spent hours trying to speak to a human customer service rep. At Optimum On the phone! Forget it! Just an endless loop of recordings that took me to a “payment module” automated system.

Finally did a live chat with a human who was very ignorant of the policies/billing and gave me a “special” number which led me back to the automated payment loop! I’m furious and frustrated. I decided to send in my $16-a pro-rated amount for the 2 days service I did use, and will ignore collection agency calls. I will never do business with Optimum/Altice again. There should be a class action suit if people pay this! How dare you further rake me over the coals after the two decades plus I’ve paid your company every month! There was no other game in town!!! When the service was interrupted over the years due to technical problems I maybe once or twice got a PRORATED credit for the days without service-no one said, “Hey, Mrs. **, we will give you a full month credit For the inconvenience.” It is outrageous that I am risking my credit rating over this but I refuse to pay for service that I did not promise to pay when I subscribed.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Called to disconnect services because of moving. I wanted the services to be disconnected on the last day that I will be residing at the current location. The telephone representative stated that my services will continue to run until the billing date comes to a conclusion, even if I will not be using the services anymore since the last day of the move. I don't think it's fair for me to pay an extra 11 days to Optimum for services that I do not have. NOT FAIR FOR CONSUMERS TO PAY FOR SERVICES THEY DO NOT HAVE! Shame on you Optimum!

Original review: July 19, 2018

People stay far away from Optimum cable. They are trying to cheat of a bill that I just paid the tech to installed cable on July 10. They sent an email saying they receive the payment the day the tech installed my services. Now I got a bill claiming I owe them. Week later after install I think I'm going to get a lawyer. I have proof I paid. They sent me an email confirm they receive it and I have a money order recent to prove I have paid. Call customer service about. They see where the email was sent that I had paid but somehow not noted to my account and they don't have the money order. It's not problem if the tech pocketed the money. I just want my account straight now. They are talking about somebody going to get in contact with 3 to 12 business days that don't make any sense. I am going to talk to a lawyer about this matter. To anybody getting cable from Optimum beware. They will try to cheat you.

Original review: July 18, 2018

This company SUCKS! My internet service went out (again) and I scheduled an appointment - only available in 3 days! They said the person must be at home ALL DAY, from 10 am to 8 pm, otherwise they will charge $80 if you're not there, so I took a day off work to accommodate them. At 7 PM I called them again and was assured that they are still coming but they never showed up. I called after 7:30 and they just said that I'll need to re-schedule. The next appointment is available in 2 days only. What about a day lost waiting for them? What about loss of income because I took a day off? Shall I charge them $80 for not showing up and a day worth of my wages? These people don't care because they own the market. Their customer service is horrible and their products and services are garbage. I wish there was a choice and a fair competition in this market! These monopolies do what they want and are able to get away with it.

Original review: July 16, 2018

My cable TV went down on yesterday July 15 2018. I've called Optimum and after trying few things the representative, she made an appointment for a technician to be here today July 16 2018 between 11:00 am to 2:00pm. Closer to 2:00 pm, I've called Optimum because the technician didn't show up. When I've checked with their system my appointment was moved to 5:00pm to 6:30pm. After talking to a representative, she said the technician had called me, but there was no answer. It was lie, I've had my phone with me all the time and I've got no calls from Optimum technician. I've called them for the third time, a rep, told me someone was going to call me within few minutes.

After waiting 1 1/2 hours, for their call, I’ve decided to call and this time my scheduled appointment had disappeared from their system. I've spoken with a supervisor, and when I've asked I want to write a formal complaint to Optimum, he informed me that Optimum doesn't have a complaint department. So, nothing will happen. This is how Optimum treats their customer? No explanation. I've lost a day of work to stay home and this very unprofessional technician doesn’t show up or make a phone call to explain why he’s not coming, instead kept me home all day for nothing?

Since I can't miss another day at work I've made an appointment for Thursday between 5:00 to 8:00pm. For some, this may be nothing, but it's really frustrated when you can't express yourself to a company who I faithfully pay every month and let me tell you. It's not cheap! I wish I could change to another cable company but Optimum is the only company around here, and I think they feel they can do whatever they want, since they monopolize my area. Expressing my frustration here is the only option I have. I am very disappoint with Optimum for their lack of support and respect to their customers.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Trying to get new Altice. Man came and said need a new connection at pole. He sent a guy an week later. He badmouthed the first guy and said we don't need a new connection. We scheduled a 3rd appt a month later. They gave us a 10 hour window and never showed. They changed our appt without notifying us. We were given a 4th visit date a month after that. They did not show again and when we called they again changed our visit to another day without telling us. I lost 2 days work and they wanted to give me a $20 credit. I used some profane language and the service rep hung up. The entire call we asked to speak to a supervisor and the rep refused. I don't understand why they don't want our $$.

Original review: July 15, 2018

We have tried to cancel the cable TV portion of service multiple times, customer service is terrible. Multiple hangups, dropped calls, or just plain people not understanding. The bill keeps coming without reflecting the cancellation, and threats to cancel the internet and phone which were kept. If you don't pay the bill they send even if incorrect. Four separate 3 hour plus conversations on four separate dates over two months. Then to dispute a bill or error, they say it must be in writing. Then they can't provide an address to write to. Customer service is clueless, their only statement is that they can't give a credit. Only positive I have is that the techs who actually visited were good. If you have any choice for other service I would advise taking that option.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have been with Optimum for well over 10 years. Every time I call it's a hassle. They make it up as they go, unplug this, plug that and I'm so use to it that I unplug everything before I even get on the phone. They love blaming on outages. There was no outage. The cable service does not work if it is not centrally located. I had to move my internet to the central floor to use it throughout my small home. Really.

When I call to ask for a technician they want to charge you $80. I am the technician. Can I get $80. They had the nerves to tell me that if the problem is the wiring or if the wiring is old from when they installed when they built my home, I would have to pay for it. What kind of mess is that. They just nickel and dime you. Shouldn't they rewire old wires for free to keep their service going. Then the Starz nonsense, I don't want to even get into that.

Then the representative just made me even more upset. She had the nerve to mute me while I was talking to her. She wasn't even listening to me. Then she says she needs to reboot the box and ask me for the serial number. I read it to her and she had the nerve to reboot the wrong television while someone was watching it. Then says "I made a mistake and I have to do it again" in her annoying voice. Like I don't have things to do and she was inconvenienced. BUT THEY ARE FINALLY AS I SPEAK INSTALLING VERIZON FIOS LINES. I WILL BE SWITCHING. JUST A MONOPOLY ON CABLE SERVICE.

Not sure about Optimum IO Cable?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Satellite and Cable TV Providers for you.

Optimum IO Cable expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1973 under the name Cablevision Systems Corporation, Optimum continues to serve millions of customers in the New York area. The company offers television, Internet and cable services.

• Business and residential service: Optimum has a full range of telephone, Internet and TV products for the home and office, and it is a good choice for residential or commercial customers.

• Better channel options: With more than 600 HD channels available, customers in the New York area can experience a variety of programming.

• Unlimited plans: Customers can get unlimited cell phone, text and data usage, and premium TV services in one package.

• Internet-based TV: Optimum offers a digital paid TV service.

• Free package: After signing up for broadband Internet service, the company offers a 50-channel package for free.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to customers,, households on a budget or staff members and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Optimum IO Cable Company Information

www.optimum.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business