Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.20/5

Optimum

The Optimum brand, available in the New York tri-state area, provides a full in-home connectivity and entertainment experience through high-speed Internet, digital TV, and voice services, plus Optimum WiFi, the nation’s most robust WiFi network. Through its strategic partners, Optimum also offers a

variety of enhanced service and technical support options as well as smart home products to meet the connected home needs of today’s consumer.

View More View More

894 Optimum Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

After signing up with the new Altice One product, I am very pleased with the upgrades from Optimum. I was wary at first with other reviews but gave it a chance since they offered so many new features. I’m glad I did not listen to the other reviews because this is a very good product. It is easy to use and I love the Netflix button and voice command on the remote control. I also love that the remote lights up when I am near it or touch from the motion sensor. Aside from that, the picture quality is excellent and there are never any freezing or delays like I had before. I spent years with other services but once I tried the new Altice One, I wish I did it sooner because it’s definitely faster internet and easier to use. The router being built into the cable box is beautiful too since I hate the mess of wires. I normally don’t write reviews but I am very happy with the New Altice Optimum and felt like it is deserved.

Original review: April 17, 2019

In lieu of Taking $113 (I think that’s the amount now) out of my Social Security every month for Medicare, with OPTIMUM, they only take out about $25 a month and I get $35 a month over the counter from their brochure, free. I have had x-rays, Dr. visits, blood tests, etc., and for every single thing I had I only paid $20 for an ultrasound of my stomach trying to find a kidney stone. There were no other charges at all. I am very satisfied with OPTIMUM.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I had my Samsung cable boxes upgraded to the new Altice service. The tech was running late but called multiple times to let me know. They then sent a different tech. He was excellent! Our conversion was not simple as the primary modem was being relocated to the other side of the house. Our TV and wifi was up and running very quickly. We kept the old modem until I could run a telephone line to the new location. (now complete). The one thing I never took into consideration was that by changing to a new WIFI ALL of our smarthouse components and computers, printers, thermostats cameras etc. connected to our WIFI had to be re-educated. This took me a few days.

Fortunately I have some techno knowledge because I don't believe that Optimum would do all of that. Finally the last bit was switching the phone line to the new Altice box. I did this via a chat line with one of their techs. All is well at the moment. The network is significantly faster than the old one. The only reason I did not give them 5 stars is it would have been nice to have a heads up about the changes I had to make.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I couldn’t be happier with Optimum. The service is always reliable and if I have a problem there’s always great customer service. I couldn’t imagine overpaying with any other cable company. I’ve been a loyal customer since 2011 and will continue to support them.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I decided to take my time and review all good business. I notice people review business only when they have a problem with that business. Most people that have good experience forget to review how good some business are. I been a customer with OPTIMUM since 1998 and they never failed me. I did switch one time. The reason was my bill went to high. I understood that most cable companies bills go high after some years due to giving other competitors space to do business. Any time I had a problem OPTIMUM helped me, TV, internet or phone. What I learned is buy protection plans from these cable companies solves a lot of problems. Such as no charges for tech showing up to your home and other benefits which I don't remember exactly. This is a 5-star business and they deserve it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Optimum?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I use 5 cable boxes for different locations. One of the boxes died (no lights, numbers, etc). I was told I have too many boxes already to mail a new box to my home and having one delivered will cost $80. The ONLY way to get it replaced is to drive 30 min to the only bricks and mortar location in Southern CT. Last year they charged me $75 for a technician who told me my TV was old and no good and the cable eqpt was just fine. Somehow the old TV worked perfectly when moved to a new location but a new TV did not work with the old cable box — which was obviously broken. They eventually replaced the broken cable box but refused to refund the unnecessary fee. Internet has to be rebooted almost daily also. If only there was ANY other company...

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

After service stopped working, they tell you to keep service on in order to process a refund claim. They charge you in the meantime and don't let you cancel. Which is more than refund request. They keep you hostage and make your life HELL.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

The worst customer service and company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. There’s always a 15 minute wait just to speak to someone. Their customer service reps the people who answer the phone are so unprofessional and rude so when you ask to speak to supervisor they just hang up on you. They send over lazy and unprofessional cable technician to your house when installing their systems. After all this you will try and make a complaint and try and speak with a supervisor but you will never get a call from one. This company knows you need them for their service like internet so they just don’t care????‍♂️ If there was something else I would have done it.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

July 12, 2019, we left Dish to get Altice/Suddenlink and it has been the most aggravating experience we have ever dealt with. I am on the phone now at 8:30am so far 25 minutes. Yesterday we had the 15th Tech come and attempt to fix the problems with the TV. We have to re-boot the system about every 30 minutes on average, sometimes 2 minutes after turning on or 2 hours. The TV freezes up and you can't change channels or for that matter even turn off the box to be able to re-boot. The remote on our main TV won't function, we have checked batteries they are strong. We have to pay the bill until the issue is fixed, then we will get a credit, maybe.

I am disabled in a motorized chair and when I want to lay down and watch TV, it won't work so I have to get back in my chair (that isn't easy) and re-boot. 30 minutes on hold now. All the Techs that have been here are very nice, we learned that if the Techs don't fix the problem ( they answered and the call lasted a total of 58 minutes). The problem with the Techs is they do not get paid until the problem is fixed. I asked the lady on the phone if she was in our town, I was going to see if she was going to a event this weekend. She is not allowed to tell anyone where they are....so, I ask is she even in the USA. I got an appointment number 16 in 5 days.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

My internet keeps going up, almost 80 dollars a month and all I have is internet. Spoke to customer service a couple of times, representative says there is nothing they can do, if I don't like paying the bill I "can turn in the modem". That's your answer? That's customer service when I told you I am leaving to find someone more reasonable? As I was speaking to them I looked online and saw they are offering 24.99 a month to new customers, but Donna lied and said there are No Promotions and could not drop my bill just a little bit to keep me as a customer. They have cornered the market so they can keep overcharging thinking no one will do anything about it. Looking for a new internet service provider right now. Tired of giving my money to these crooks, and the internet has to be Reset just about daily, You suck Optimum.

Optimum expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1973 under the name Cablevision Systems Corporation, Optimum continues to serve millions of customers in the New York area. The company offers television, Internet and cable services.

• Business and residential service: Optimum has a full range of telephone, Internet and TV products for the home and office, and it is a good choice for residential or commercial customers.

• Better channel options: With more than 600 HD channels available, customers in the New York area can experience a variety of programming.

• Unlimited plans: Customers can get unlimited cell phone, text and data usage, and premium TV services in one package.

• Internet-based TV: Optimum offers a digital paid TV service.

• Free package: After signing up for broadband Internet service, the company offers a 50-channel package for free.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs, businesses who provide entertainment to customers,, households on a budget or staff members and customers with special interests.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs