Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.24/5

Optimum

The Optimum brand, available in the New York tri-state area, provides a full in-home connectivity and entertainment experience through high-speed Internet, digital TV, and voice services, plus Optimum WiFi, the nation’s most robust WiFi network. Through its strategic partners, Optimum also offers a

variety of enhanced service and technical support options as well as smart home products to meet the connected home needs of today’s consumer.

View More View More

852 Optimum Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

3 weeks with no cable or internet. One TV works, the first week we called they said there was an outage and refused to fix our service. Clearly, there wasn't an outage as one TV was working. The second week I call and make an appt for someone to come fix my service. They can't come until the NEXT week and specifically tell them I need after 5 PM because I CANNOT work from home because I DO NOT HAVE INTERNET courtesy of them and I am not taking a day off of work. The service day comes. They call me at 9 AM to tell me they're at my house. I have to call AGAIN with their obnoxious system that makes it nearly impossible to get in contact with one of their incompetent employees in some other country that can barely speak English. Finally, I speak to a supervisor who assures me someone will come back to my home 5-8 PM. Never shows up. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

The worst customer service ever, my internet went out and after Optimum tried to troubleshoot I was given an appointment for a tech to come out. The tech replaced a Cable connection on the outside of my apt building. I was then billed $80.00 to my surprise... So I am now responsible for maintenance of their outside wiring??? Upon several calls to Billing and the Retention Dept. I was advised I would need to speak to a supervisor which none were available at the time. Over a week and several additional phone calls I never received a call from supervisor. I called to cancel my service and was advised that now I can even cancel my billing service for another 15 days. Only way they could cancel that day was if I was dead. So now I will be charge for another 15 days of service I do not even have anymore. I will never go back to Optimum.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

When we first got Optimum 5 years ago it was fine. Service was exceptional and bill was good. Now I have no idea what happened but it has all gone down hill. We pay around 250 a month for basic cable, wifi and phone with zero on demand features. The wifi is spotty and it crashes frequently. The first time the wifi went down, we had a technician from Optimum come by. We waited three days for him to come.

When he did come, he didn't do much and eventually said he needs a certain part to fix it and had to come back later that day. 4 hours later, we see his van parked outside the bar next to our complex. Now six hours later from the time he left, he comes back, reeking of alcohol and shuffling around the house. Finally he comes out of the room and says, "Oh I fixed it. It was just a loose wire." Ok. that was the first red flag. It only got worse. The wifi has been spotty since then. Whenever I call to try to understand the bill, or to try and get this horrible wifi connection issue resolved. Nothing ever gets resolved.

Another time, the wifi stopped working, I called. They said they would send a technician out to fix it (Oh great, just like last time, right). One hour after making the appointment, the wifi came back on. I tried to call the number but couldn't get a live person. I tried and tried, all I was able to get was an automated system. When they called me to tell me they were coming, I explained they didn't have to, the wifi is working now. I told them how I tried to contact them but couldn't get a live person. They said, "Ok thanks." We get the bill a month later, they charged us 80 dollars for a missed appointment fee. When I call customer support to dispute, I get nowhere. Their favorite thing to say is "I understand your concern" but they don't care about customer satisfaction.

In conclusion, I am not a mean or disrespectful person. I rarely complain about any services, even when circumstances dictate that I should. But this, this is nightmarish. I've never dealt with this kind of incompetence in my life. As soon as there is another provider in my area, I will choose them because anything has to be better than this.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I ordered HBO with my package, there is a fraction of the HBO content on Altice One compare to Verizon Fios. Tech support told me to go to HBO GO if I want to see the rest of the HBO content (lame). I do not have a Smart TV so that's not happening. I have an older Plasma which I love. Additionally the picture quality is much softer than Verizon.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Being charged service fees for no reason. Being told will look into it and get back to me. OF COURSE NEVER GETTING BACK. Service didn't work till I called a private IT professional. Optimum's technician is still playing Candy Crush...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Optimum?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I was over billed for several months, and when I call, the representative was rude and unprofessional. Worst of all, she used racist remarks when I explain I was over billed. I complain to the executive office, and I was shocked to find out, not only did they refuse to cancel my service, but they told me "YOU WILL NEVER SPEAK TO AN EXECUTIVE." A really horrible experience from a very disgraceful company.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Three times now, in less than a year, Optimum has lost or applied my payments late that were sent directly from Chase Bank. I find out when they suspend my service. I can see that Chase mailed my checks on time, but Optimum hasn't applied my payments to my account. They then charge me $10 for a late payment, which they lie and say they will refund.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

We have been having many issues with our internet service for quite some time. We lose connection at least 5 times a day. We called and a technician was sent. He said he couldn't find anything causing our issues, so he replaced a wire from the pole to our house just because "it was easy enough to do." He informed me of this after he completed the job, with no mention of any charges since nothing was technically wrong with the wire according to him. When looking at our bill, my husband notices an $80 charge for that visit. We have called multiple times about this charge, and each time we are met with frustration. Different representatives give us different reasons for the charge, and, in the end, they all say "it's policy" and end the call.

If the wire was damaged and needed to be changed, then I would understand the charge, but it wasn't. And, to top it off, we're continuing to have issues with our internet service. Why would I want to pay for something that didn't even fix the problem? We will be switching carriers, and recommending that our family and friends avoid using Optimum!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Been customer with Optimum for more than a decade. We moved recently to an apartment and the only mistake we did was we did not utilize the mover's special with Optimum which we were not aware of. We placed new order online with Optimum for the apartment we moved to. Technician's inefficiency on day of installation caused us additional expense of $80 within two days of installation of Optimum in our apartment. Optimum is forcing us to pay $80 when it is not our fault reasoning that we called for service.

We never got service phone/Internet and TV on the day of installation when the Technician came in to install the service. I had to call Optimum back and forth to send someone to fix as the customer service also did not receive any signal confirmation when we re-booted the modem. Customers can pay only for the service agreed and not for Technician's inefficiency to complete the task. How can Optimum rip off its customers. It is not the question of bargaining or pleading to waive the charge, it is question of ETHICS and doing Business at least to an extent to be truthful to your CUSTOMERS.

I kept requesting them to check the trail of calls placed from Day one. They cannot help or even look out for that. I rather move to its competitor with an understanding that they will charge more but they are doing that EVIDENTLY than OPTIMUM. Optimum does not care about its customers... All they need is their company's policy and their customer service knows only that Word. Will their agents pay when they are ripped off???? Definitely NO.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I am still wondering why there is no zero star option because their customer services deserve no stars. I called for a technician because my wifi stopped working. They charged an $80 fee, which is more than my monthly wifi bill, for fixing an outside line problem. I called customer service and complained. They say that the problem came from the house, which is laughable because the technician was outside the house the whole time. I would understand the charges if I was responsible for the damages but no devices were broken. I asked to speak to their manager but they put me on hold for over half an hour. I don't recommend Optimum to anyone.

Optimum Company Information