Cox Cable

Cox Cable
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

Cox is a digital cable, telecommunications and home automation service provider. Cox offers packages and deals that you can customize based on your needs. Bundle prices start at $89.99 a month.

BOTTOM LINE

Cox offers several cable-only and internet-cable bundle packages suitable for most customers. Costs can get high on bigger bundle packages, but Cox has many attractive introductory offers.

PROS

• Multiple plan options
  • Compatible with streaming apps
  • Bundle cable, internet and home phone

CONS

• Rates often increase after intro period

Top Cox Cable Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

Our research of various providers found that COX has the best cost, reliability, service, programs and voice-activated program selection. Their follow up service is exceptional and leaves nothing to guess for customers. Without a doubt COX has been the best overall reliable provider that we have eve

Have had very few TV issues over the 30 years of service. Customer service has been great helping me resolve all issues with most of them being resolved with a reboot. The only issue I have is the cost. At $196 per month, I feel this is very high. I wish they had a discount for seniors and long time

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Cox cable packages

Cox offers several options for cable TV, including cable-only options and plans that bundle cable with internet, home phone and smart home automation. If you’re looking for television service, you can choose between traditional cable TV and Cox Contour, which includes additional integration for streaming apps.

Cox Contour

Cox Contour offers a more robust channel lineup and additional features not included in Cox’s basic TV plans.

With Cox Contour, you can use apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube to stream additional content. You still need to have an account with these services to access the content — the subscriptions are not included in the price of Contour. Contour simply allows you to access the apps from your cable TV connection and standard remote instead of switching to an external app like a Fire Stick or Roku.

Cox Contour subscriptions also include popular channels like ESPN, Discovery, History, A&E, TNT and HGTV.

Cox cable plans

For cable-only plans, customers can choose between the TV starter package or the Cox Contour TV package. All packages include local channels, free HD programming and access to the Contour and TV Everywhere apps.

Cox TV StarterCox Contour TV
Starting cost$25/month$69.99/month
Channels75140+
On-screen apps including Netflix
Voice remote with universal search
Cox TV Starter$25/month75
Cox Contour TV$69.99/month140+

Cox pricing

Prices for Cox Cable start as low as $25 a month but can exceed $200 a month depending on the package you select. Cox offers two basic plans:

• TV Starter is Cox’s basic cable package. It includes around 75 channels and costs $25 a month.
  • Contour TV is Cox’s highly customizable cable package. You can customize it with premium channels, channel packs geared to your specific tastes and DVR recording for up to 24 shows at once. Contour TV starts at $69.99 a month.

Cox cable bundles

If you’re looking to bundle service, you may be able to save some money. Bundle packages start as low as $75 per month and have introductory rates ranging from $75 to $180 per month. Plans can include cable, internet, home phone and home automation.

Cox cable and internet bundles

Bundle CostInternetPhoneHome Automation
Cox Bronze, 140+ channels$109.99Up to 150 MbpsUnlimited long distance
Cox Silver, 170+ channels$129.99Up to 500 MbpsUnlimited long distance
Cox Platinum, 250+ channels$179.99Up to 940 MbpsUnlimited long distance
Bundle Cost$55.98$75.98$135.98$64.99$89.99$159.99$109.99$129.99$179.99
CableContour StreamContour StreamContour StreamCox TV Starter, 75+ channelsCox Bronze, 140+ ChannelsCox Platinum, 250+ channelsCox Bronze, 140+ channelsCox Silver, 170+ channelsCox Platinum, 250+ channels
InternetInternet Essential 50Internet Preferred 150Internet GigablastUp to 10 MbpsUp to 150 MbpsUp to 940 MbpsUp to 150 MbpsUp to 500 MbpsUp to 940 Mbps
PhoneUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distance
Home Automation

Cox Cable FAQ

Is Cox Cable available in my area?
Cox cable is available in Arkansas, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, North Carolina, Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and Virginia.
Does Cox charge late fees?
Yes. If you make a late payment, you are subject to a fee of up to $25.
What premium channels does Cox offer?
Cox’s highest-tier plan offers more than 250 channels. A full list can be found on the company’s website, but popular channels include ESPN, A&E, Discovery, History and HGTV. Cox also has premium movie channels included in some packages, such as HBO, Showtime and Starz.
What are Cox TV bundles?
A bundle is when two or more services are combined into one package for a customer. Cox lets you bundle cable with internet, home phone and/or home automation. Bundling services together often comes at a reduced rate.
Are there ever Cox TV deals?
Cox regularly offers special introductory rates. These special rates usually last for the first 12 months of your service and typically require a contract commitment. Prices can, and usually do, go up after the lock-in rate term expires.

Is Cox Cable good?

Cox is one of the nation’s leading providers of cable and internet. It’s widely available in many states and can be a solid choice for your TV needs. We recommend looking at all the packages available to decide what level of package you truly need or want before signing a contract. Snagging an introductory deal is a great way to get affordable service for a 12-month period, but be aware that this price will change. Don’t be afraid to call and renegotiate your bill after the introductory period has ended.

Cox Cable Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Cable?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Our area was impacted by hurricane Sally 20 days ago. So for 20 days we have had no service and I fully understand what the hurricane messed up. We were told early on when the power got fixed they’d be right there and we’d be fixed. My issue is this company will NOT keep their word. Every single person on my street has service except for us. Was supposed to be fixed on the 2nd but it wasn’t. My husband had set up an appointment for October 5th. 4 or 5 days AFTER the storm had hit so we figured ok they lied but the 5th is 3 days away so what can we do but wait??

I find out today my appointment was changed to a later date without my knowledge! Had I not gotten ahold of someone I would’ve been waiting here all day for nothing. It’s bad enough the things we lost during Sally but to get continuously lied to Throughout all this and no one even attempting to help us just piles on more frustration. Now all I can do is impatiently count down the days until this contract is OVER so I never have to deal with them again.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

The prepaid service is a great solution if you don't want to be in a contract and if you're not on the computer or tv all day every day. It gives you freedom of access. However, Cox employees and supervisors are unable to assist with overbilling. You can lose money. They claim to have no way to reimburse you so the supervisor suggested I file a fraud claim with bank. BEWARE. No technical or billing support available for this product. Suggest try $4 for 2 hours first then go to $8 for 1 day next to minimize your losses.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I called sales a year ago to inquire about their internet bundles. And so I was told I'll be on a contract for 2 years and that my rate is locked. Maybe just for sales purposes that's why they're giving me all the good stuff I wanna hear. After 1 year, my rate went up by $20. That's not what was explained to me. I signed for them because of the good deal I was offered otherwise I would have gone to other providers. Not even loyalty manager can help me reduce my rate back to how it was or waive the ETF to look for a better deal. So now, instead of keeping me as a customer and look into waiving ETF so they can sign me up for a new bundle to help me reduce my bill, they didn't offer that rather they'd rather steal $100 ETF from me and lose me as a customer. NOT FAIR.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

One star because there is no option for zero stars. We are forced to use Cox as there is no other option here besides DirecTV. If you have ANY other option, choose that over Cox. If you need customer Service, or even Worse Customer Loyalty just run as fast as you can head first into a brick wall, the effect is the same. If you want to be really frustrated and not accomplish anything, give them a call. I just wasted another hour of my life on top of the hour and a half two weeks ago. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Last month when contract expired I called & talked with loyalty and got new contract and was told bill would be 243.36 monthly which included all taxes and fees. Got an email confirmation which was different, called them back and got different guy who gave me the exact same info, guaranteed bill would be 243.36, not to worry. I did say I would believe it when I saw it as it is always higher. They also both told me I should only pay 240.66 on the current bill of 245.89.

This months bill comes in at 278.46 which includes 7.39 not paid on last bill and a tax adjustment. So I call again. Get a really rude girl named Sandra who says internet/phone expired and caused this to be higher but doesn't the whole contract expire at the same time and not part this month and part last month but she won't listen when I question this? So she says she can get me a price of 253.46 including tax and gives me a credit of 16.59 which is a partial month charge for the contract that expired and tells me to take that much off this bill and not pay it. So I ask her about the charge for what I didn't pay last month and she says she can't help me as I owe that even if they told me not to pay it. So I asked if next month they will come back and bill me for the 16.59 she has just told me not to pay? Because that is exactly what happened this month.

I ask how am I supposed to believe the price and credit info she is telling me when just last month two different guys told me something else. I finally just hung up as she was really rude and I was too as she was not even willing to listen to my concerns about the conflicting info I received and why I was very skeptical of what she was telling me. Now I have a headache that just won't quit. I called back and talked to a very nice lady who didn't want to put me through to loyalty again (probably a note on the account about the hangup). She did talk with me at length and tried to smooth the situation but could be of no real help other than just listening.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

Can't believe this company is allowed to exist. Try calling. Wait times? Well, they are so busy they just tell you to call back. Even the call back option is not available. Is the computer that backed up? Go on line you say? Ask for tech help. Not getting it. Hit the CHAT button. It's a computer that only offers you limited options and tells you it doesn't understand the question. Need to cancel a service? Can't do it online. HAVE TO CALL!!! Need to add service? No problem, you can do it online!!! Need someone to come to your home to put in a cable outlet? Can't be done. Told it's not an essential service and (literally), I'm not a priority at this time. Really? You are a CABLE company!! How is putting in a CABLE outlet (for cable and internet) NOT an essential service for your company??

Representatives, if you can get one on the phone, are always polite, but the 45 minutes plus on the phone (since call back is not available) in NOT worth the wait. It really is one of the the most frustrating , time wasting , aggravating, and maddening things you'll do. I suggest you call the DMV to have a better experience. Can't believe this company is allowed to exist. Inefficient, and time consuming. Please give us other options than Cox!!!!! I have to deal with Spectrum for business and it's not overly pleasant, but light yrs ahead of Cox. Airlines get in trouble for complaints, why don't Cable companies? Save yourself and pretend that internet and cable don't exist instead of dealing with Cox. You'll be MUCH happier.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Once a week or sometimes few times a week, either internet or cable stops working. I either have to reset the system or wait for few hours before I can start using it again. And nobody available to file a complaint. Seems that nobody cares about Cox customers at Cox.

Resolution response: Aug. 6, 2020

I finally reached a customer service person with COX. Both the reconnect fee and late charge were reversed. That's good news! Still doesn't excuse the poor customer service and lack of responsiveness from Jeremiah!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Working with our Knights of Columbus COX business account. We had to do a seasonal shutoff due to COVID-19 and being closed. We were told we could hold on to the boxes until we turned cable back on. We did maintain phone and internet. Had a rep call and say boxes needed to be returned, which was different that what we were originally told. We then began receiving a bill for $1125.00 for the 5 boxes we had in our possession and were told we could hold on. I then spoke with Jeremiah from COX at 1-757-222-7632. We agreed that if I turned the boxes back on by July 6th, we would be OK and not owe the $1125.00.

We turned the boxes on and received a $35 electronic reconnect fee, which is ridiculous. Didn't realize it was that difficult for COX to flip a switch!! Also received a $30 late fee - assuming for the boxes?? Cannot reach anyone at COX and Jeremiah is not returning my calls; I've left him several messages. Terrible customer service - not the way a non-profit should be treated! I want the late fee removed and the reconnect fee subtracted from our next bill.

Original review: July 28, 2020

So I return to Florida after a five month contract assignment in Phoenix where I used Cox Cable. I returned my cable box and requested that both my TV and internet service be cancelled at the end of June. In later July Cox charged me $294 whereas my normal monthly cost was around $136. I contact them and they tell me I was charged an additional $190 for "early termination" and this could not be reversed. No one at Cox had ever told me about this fee. And then I find out that they never cancelled my internet service as I had requested. I communicated all this thru their online chat where their representatives were somewhat rude but definitely of very little help. If you can avoid Cox, do it!!

Original review: July 16, 2020

July 16 2020 I returned my equipment to COX because I finally cut the cord after 14 years. The representative told me I still had two mini boxes on my account that were not returned. I told him I returned those last year when I downgraded my service and I distinctly remember doing so because there was a line when I arrived. He said he would complete a form that would have them look for the mini boxes in their warehouse but if they weren't found I would be charged $57 for each of them. The person I returned the boxes to obviously didn't apply them to my account and now I may be charged $114. Are you kidding me? They are so screwed up I'm no longer surprised by their shortcomings only more furious with their lack of completion. Don't sign up with COX.

Cox Cable Company Information