Cox Cable

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I had Internet & phone services with Cox and was very satisfied. So when I moved on Aug 29th 2015, I was offered a 2 Year Bundle which included the Sports Package. Nowhere (I have the contract I signed) was I informed that the price would increase after 1 Year. I was paying $107.24 but after September 2015 the price went up to $128.53, was given $10 credit and told it would only be $10 extra for the package. However come October/November it went up to $141.90 and I was rudely told on the phone that "Cox could not negotiate a contract with the NFL". Really with Arthur Blank on their Board that sounds odd. Since I cannot cancel my contract I am now stuck paying $ 141.90. The reason I am filing this complaint today is that I saw an ad for a two year contract in the AAA magazine again not mentioning that the Sports package can change. There is no proper disclosure to the Consumer.

I have had nothing but issues with this company since I signed up with them. I got the cable, phone & internet bundle. I was told I would be receiving at least 20 channels that I "conveniently" never received. Had to call customer service & fix it, they tried to charge me more for it. Finally fixed it after 5 phone calls & speaking to several managers. My other huge problem is billing. I have always paid through the automated system & seemed to have no issues. January 13th I made a payment, they didn't take the fees out until 3 weeks later after sending me a confirmation number saying it had been paid. They over drafted my bank account by $80 because they tried taking a payment out 3 times. Then added other charges to my account in the meantime. Now they say I owe them $400.

They wouldn't help me out at all & all they said was that they could submit a form to have the charges taken off, but yet they want me to pay the past due amount to "avoid disconnecting services." I was in the phone with a representative, transferred several times & then hung up on when transferred to collections. Needless to say, I WILL be switching services & I'm sure anybody is better than Cox. Please think twice before signing up with them.

I have been with Cox Communications on and off for years. Off when I moved out the State or Country for work. I came back with Cox Feb 1, 2016. Always pay my bills on time. My husband passed April 27, 2016. I soon moved to another location. Again paid my bill, returned my equipment from previous location. I called to reconnect. Got me hooked up within a week. Paying my bills with them soon as I get them. I was viewing my credit report!! Bam! Says I owe Cox $62.00. No way. I brought the equipment back and called them telling them I currently am a customer. When I shut off service at last location I brought equipment in, paid my final bill. They couldn't understand why if I didn't bring the equipment back it would only be $62.00. I said exactly one point.

The next point is I called and got service in a new location. Explained my husband had passed. Everything. Told them the day I returned the equipment they were showing Muhammad Ali's funeral on their tv's as I waited for help with customer service. I even went into detail why would COX put me back on with an account if I was not in good standing. They would have made me or any customer pay if they owed a bill of any sort. Cox has been known to do this return of rental equipment to many many people. That actually return their equipment and months later find on their credit report they owe over $700.00. This has been a problem for many Cox customers. My problem is I pay my bills, I like many returns my equipment. Mine is suspicious due to the fact they are trying to claim I owe $62.00 which is very cheap for their equipment not being returned. Which it was returned.

I will dispute and fight Cox for one reason. I do not owe them. I returned my equipment. I have ask them to get their security surveillance. The day I brought the equipment back. ACCORDING to Cox they are trying to do that but it takes time!! Really 7 months, and they are in the security business???? Wow. Cox sucks. I am sorry to say I pay them between $189.00 and $203.00 per month as I speak. Every month. But why would they allow me service if I owed an equipment bill. According to them they can't answer that.

I am looking into another reputable company that can provide service. Cox sucks in billing wrong bills. Cox service sucks. Where I live there aren't many options. Soon as I can find another service. Go to hell Cox. You take people's money and lie. Oh by the way Cox has problems all the time. Tonight for example everything is on an outage. Gave me time to tell the truth about my life with Cox... Please people this company does many many people wrong. Some of us as me have no other choice at the moment. Please tell your story about your Bad experience with Cox.

BAD SALESMANSHIP - POOR zero STAR rating... MISINFORMATION.. LYING... Recently, initiated a vacation suspend service disconnect, following several days circumstance changed to reconnect original service, when the guy at the Cox onsite location advised me that Frontier phone no longer is providing phone service, and that I needed to switch to cox phones, and that package included internet, etc. Well the entire sales pitch is a bunch of lying crap... Frontier is still in business, commission sales trying to make a buck on a 93 year old... Cox your sales staff needs retraining, no longer will be using cox.

I am so sick of dealing with Cox Cable! They are money hungry and do not care about their customers whatsoever. My bill goes up every couple of months. I've asked if there's anything I can do about this and I'm always assured that I am getting the best rate possible. I don't understand why I have to pay more money every couple of months for the exact same service. I only subscribe to Internet and phone and it's now up to $125 a month and steadily rising. That's only the midgrade Internet and phone with no extra options on it. Ridiculous! What has really set me off though is the fact that we recently moved to a new address and I had the service transferred. The house we moved into was already cable ready so Cox did not even need to come out and install anything. They were able to do everything from the office with the push of a button. All I had to do was move my equipment and plug it in.

Well I got the bill today and the bill is $222. There was a one time fee of $100 plus another $25 for surcharges, taxes and fees. I was told that there would be a "small" one time fee would appear on my bill for the move, but I had no idea that it would be $100 along with another $25 worth of BS surcharges and fees. $100 is not a "small" fee to me, but I guess it is to Cox. We get our TV through DirecTV and they sent a technician out to install the satellite and set up all of our equipment completely free of charge after the move - yet Cox is charging $125 for pushing a freaking button! First thing tomorrow morning I am going to see what my other options are for Internet and phone. I am really sick of dealing with this money hungry company. They screw people out of their hard-earned money left and right and don't lose an ounce of sleep over it. I wish another company would come in and run them straight out of business!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

I absolutely had to write about how Cox cable has its subscriber choking from high cost and poor customer service. I can't count how many times my service has been disrupted with no apparent reason, and what's worse, they can't seem to determine why. I've been a customer for 21 years and I can't take it anymore. My bill is steady going up! New customers pay less than I do!

I called Cox and requested assistance in lower my bill and the only thing I got in return is maybe you should turn in some mini boxes and let the only channel my husband like go to reduce cost. They really value their customers uh! I've put up with higher cost, rude workers and poor quality tv. It is my wish that people should avoid Cox cable at all cost. You certainly don't get what you are paying for. I'm going through a rough patch right now and I only wanted assistance to help cut cost - but they could care less, 20+ years customer and never miss a payment. I put a lot into them, but nothing into the customer.

Do your research before signing a contract with these jerks. I signed up for the bundle (phone, internet and cable) way back in June. Right from the start it hasn't worked right and the customer service is abysmal. I come home from work the first week to collections calls from Cox threatening to shut off my service for non-payment of the previous customer that had the recycled number. When I called them back on the Cox phone I was asked to call them back from a landline because the connection was so bad. At which point I explained it was the Cox landline. I was also informed I would need to speak to collections about having the number removed from the collections list. This process can only be compared to the Inquisition. You would think they would remove the number from their collections list before recycling the number. But alas, that would be good customer service.

The internet, cable and phone seldom all work. We have had multiple techs out and the house rewired. It still doesn't work. I called today because I am seriously tired of paying so much money to watch pixelated shows, a phone no one can hear me on and rings nonstop with collection calls for the previous customer and no internet and 2 service calls with no show technicians. Today I have been transferred 3x, got yet another guy to "reset" the box as if that is the problem. He tells me to hold on the line so he can transfer me to billing for a credit. I sat on hold for 39 minutes and the call disconnected. If Verizon were available this would have been disconnected in July. We will investigate alternatives to this abusive monopoly.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I have had a terrible experience with bundling with DirecTV and am back to Cox Cable. I wish I had never left them. Their price may be a bit higher, but at least you get the services. DirecTV did not provide me with all the services.

Elaine of Scottsdale, AZ on

Original Review

I have had Cox Cable for 20 years, including their bundle, and I finally have arranged to switch to DirecTV bundle for approximately $50 less per month than Cox plus I will be given a $150 gift card to Walmart. When I called Cox to arrange a discontinue date for all Cox services, Chevella of Cox was polite but very insistent to keep me and try to match the DirecTV price. Couldn’t do it no matter how she did figures and deals, and could only reduce the monthly amount by $10 and she admitted she can’t offer a gift card. She immediately began to read off a script about the negatives of DirecTV (and it was obvious she was reading from a script) and I finally stopped her and said DirecTV notified me of all of that, and I have already signed a contract with them. She said oh and in a few seconds began the negative script about the 2 year fee that I would have to pay DirecTV if I canceled, and at that time I quoted her the price I would have to pay for that cancellation.

That seemed to stop the negative script. I felt like Cox didn’t realize that they also provide contracts to customers that have cancellation clauses too. She wanted to know why I was cancelling and I told her that Cox is not competitive price-wise with other companies and they should be providing better deals to keep their long-time customers. She indignantly said Cox is certainly competitive (and I had just proved to her that Cox was NOT competitive with at least DirecTV).

By that time I was just wanting the discontinuation of services and to set the date for the termination of services. I have the switch effective from both Cox and DirecTV scheduled for the beginning of next month and I’m hoping that the DirecTV bundle will work out because price-wise it is so much cheaper than Cox. I know I’m a senior, but don’t use a script about other companies as a sales trick to try to keep customers, and it is about time for Cox to be honest that they also have cancellation of contract clauses and not to be indignant when someone answers politely why they are switching from Cox.

Years ago we had Cox & seemed like every month the bill was more. So we gave At&t/U-verse a try. It was fine but the internet seemed to be getting slower so thought we would try Cox after hearing they had improved. Big mistake! Compared to Cox At&t/U-verse is like the difference between the 1st & last in a marathon. Since starting in April 2016 with Cox it has been one problem after another. The DVR will not record by "all episodes" except for about 4 programs & even then it may not record all of them. It has to be done one episode at a time & it will occasionally record a program from another channel that was not selected. Now it stops recording before the end of the show. I did double check everything including extending the time period for the start & stop, enough space & no conflicting recordings.

Did call numerous times but always get the same. Reset this, reset that. After doing the same thing each time, it obviously is not going to help the next 5 times either! AT&T would have already replaced the box the 1st time. Also the internet is extremely slow most of the time & is very erratic. Was not informed of their voice mail account but finally figured it out when not receiving all messages on the home VM. All I am waiting for is my husband to choose from other options but if not by today, I WILL choose!

As I read the other complaints about the customer service level of Cox, I realize I am not alone with the frustration I have with Cox. Back in November 2016, Verizon was soliciting for our business. We have been a customer with Cox for over 20 years. We called Cox and asked if our monthly bill could be reduced since the Verizon offer for new clients was significantly lower. They told us they wanted to keep our business and quoted us a reduced rate over the phone. My husband quoted the monthly fee back to the customer service rep and verified the amount.

Since our monthly payments are automatic it took until January to realize we were not receiving the new rate. We experienced a runaround when contacting customer service by the rep attempting to review our service and recommend service cuts to get the monthly fees down and could not reconcile to the earlier quoted fee. I talked to several reps and continued to get the same answer. We kept asking for a supervisor which they ignored the request. The rep checked the service order from Nov and said a change request of services was entered but no indication of adjusted reduced fees and that reps do not have the authority to guarantee the reduced rate. Either the Nov rep was not competent or just wanted to get us off the phone.

Finally our stress level (mainly my wife) escalated to anger and demanded to talk to a supervisor because we know the support calls are recorded. If they quoted us a price they should honor it. Of course no luck getting one to the phone. I guess they are exempt from talking to consumers. We were told we would get a callback within 72 hours but guess what? A week has passed and no response. I honestly think Cox has gotten too big and arrogant to care about their customers specifically home accounts. They need to realize people with home accounts work in corporations and some of those people are responsible to make the decisions to utilize Cox as a service provider for the corporation. We are moving to Verizon.

Every month I pay my bill at Cox. Every month the due date changes with a previous charge added after I have paid my bill then I have to call as always to talk to them about being over charged and also 2 different due dates and one in red that says account past due when I paid it and I know I paid it because I mail the bill from the post office. I have been with Cox for more than 8 yrs. now and they know this and everyone I talked to says that Cox done them the same way.

I am really mad right now so I will end this now but there is so much more I would like to add. But last I would like to say that, There has got to be some way that these crooks will have to go to jail for ripping off the elderly and disabled and the American people who work so hard for what they have and for crooks like this to create false statements should be punishable by law. I will end with this... Does anybody out there know any reasonable tv internet phone providers other than Cox or AT&T? They are another story... but Cox knows that they are the only ones in certain areas so they pull this kind of legal/illegal billing on Americans the has got to change or else.

On Friday, Jan 13 at 10 at night Cox Cable came out to my backyard to fix some problem with their box and when they did that my phone service was cut. I live with my 89 year old grandma who is disabled and during the day she is home alone while I work. We have called every day since the phone was cut and they all say that this is a top priority and it will be fixed asap. Here it is Tuesday night and still no service. I just called Cox and talked to a rude person and he said they will be out tomorrow and there is nothing else he can do. He argued with me non-stop about the phone service being cut on Friday night and wouldn't take ownership of his company's wrongdoing.

So Cox does not care about their elderly disabled people. Cox has cocky people that work for them and doesn't care that a disabled 89 year old doesn't have service. If there is an emergency my grandmother does not have a phone to use. She does not have a cell phone because she has home service. If the Cox workers had not come to my backyard on Friday to fix something, we would still have home phone service. I'm lost for words and don't know when they will come out to fix the problem they caused.

I live in Eureka Springs, AR and this entire town is being held hostage, so to speak, by Cox Cable. Our town has no other choices for internet providers and Cox Cable knows it, so they don't feel like they have to do anything to change the horrible connections here. Our internet and everyone else's in this town goes out up to 14 times a day. Credit card machines don't work, internet goes down, everything is sluggish at best when it is working. They could spend the money to fix it, but since they have no competitors here, they won't. Local businesses go hours without being able to use their credit card machines on a daily basis. Everywhere you go here you can hear tales of woe about the evil tyrant Cox. Definitely one of the worst companies I've ever encountered.

Automatic bill pay is a JOKE with Cox!! Payment was set up to be deducted 01/06, as 01/09 2 payments of the same amount (totaling over $1,000) was deducted and as of today 01/16 payment has not posted and they interrupted my service!!! When I call to advise they told me I would have to send a copy of my bank statement showing the deductions. OK no problem, but then tells me it can take up to 5-7 business days to complete research and then another 5-7 to have ADDITIONAL DEDUCTION credited back to MY account, until then service cannot be restored!!! I'm beyond livid, and hate that they are the only internet provider in my area!!! I'm definitely leaving them this time!!!

Once again Cox increased my bill for an internet/tv/phone bundle. I go through this billing increase on an average of once/3 months. This time I spoke to the both a customer service agent and a "loyalty" program customer service rep (we have been with Cox for 31 years) and they were adamant that there is nothing they can do other than downgrade my services. I feel that Cox has downgraded their services already. My internet is slow (technician confirmed after modem reset) and some of the TV channels that we used to have are no longer aired on Cox.

It is a shame I have to leave Cox but since AT&T has moved into my area, I get can get better services, phone with voicemail, fiber optic internet, all of the premium channels, and a $200 gift certificate (I have my cell phone with AT&T) for less money for 24 month contract. I confirmed prices with AT&T. I called Cox again and asked when the best time is to put in the disconnect notice, they gave me the date. They said "goodbye", not even a cursory "sorry that you are leaving Cox". If Cox does not do something in the customer retention arena they will not survive the competition.

COX TV, internet and phone services are way too expensive. They have monopoly in Louisiana and can do whatever they want and they do: every 6 months "promotion" expires and prices are going up on average 15%. This is white collar gangsterism, not business. No other company is so consistently increasing prices for their services as Cox. Is there way to stop them and who can do this? Thanks.

While waiting for Jerry Seinfeld to go from one show to the next. There was seven minutes of the remaining show that was used for various advertisement. Then when the next show came on, there was another three minutes of advertisement before that new show came on. Then another seven minutes of advertisement before that was over. The fact is seventeen minutes out of twenty see advertisement. This took place on the twelfth of January, 2017 at 5:30 PM. I realize that advertisement is necessary for expensive necessities, but enough is enough!! Is there a guide to limit by law and if so please give me the information.

Last week I made a payment arrangement with Cox to pay 269.00 to continue my service. It's high due to return check which I've never argued about as that my fault. My social security hit once a month. They took the 269.00 payment, turned off my service an hour after the payment was made. Now are holding my account hostage until I pay another 215?!? So you make a payment arrangement with a customer then take the payment and turn off the service! What kind of payment arrangement is that? I've never in my life had a company lie to me to get a payment. Then they take it, turn off my service and tell me I have to pay 215 then I have to wait 10 days to have services turned back on? Is this the way companies trick you into a payment then hold your account hostage?

I am 55 and live in the Seattle area. My folks live in San Diego and are in their 80's. I help them with their TV programming as my Father is hard of hearing and my Mother has dementia. I signed them up for Cox service protection $6.99 per month in Nov 2016 which covers service calls on all equipment. Shortly after that they needed some help programming a remote. One month later I get a call from my Dad saying Cox had cancelled CBS and my Mother was having a panic attack from not being able to see her shows (Price is Right/Let's make a Deal).

If you have ever seen the movie (Rain Man) you know what I mean. I called Cox to see what was going on and they told me it was because of negotiations and if I don't like it to switch carriers. So we switched to AT&T and upon closing my Dad's account they charged a $75.00 fee for closing the account within 3 months of enrolling him in their service plan. I don't know how these corporate millionaires sleep at night taking advantage of people with no respect to anyone!! I have never felt so powerless against something I knew was abuse of power and wrongful billing by a Mega Giant!! SHAME ON YOU!!!

A month ago I moved to an existing house and wanted to transfer my Cox cable/internet to my new house. I have now had 5 technicians come out in a month and they have all told me that I need a new underground cable to be placed under the street. I don't need to be told the same thing 5 times. I just need it done. The city permit has been approved so that isn't the hang-up. There is absolutely no accountability. Of all those technicians, apparently no one actually placed the work order. I have been told 4 times that they will "escalate" it. I've never been so frustrated before!!!

I originally wanted to determine if switching to the package deal of internet/phone/cable and Homelife would be more economical. We called to determine and they assured us of no hidden charges. When the technician came to install it, he had no idea of what he was supposed to do. Then he added on extra features that were not in the Plan. A camera that was not covered in the cost, more Cable channels etc. We tried for 2 months to figure out why the bill was so much and kept getting comments that they were still working on it. After calling for 2 months, they tell us that there is an additional service charge for the camera, more for the additional channels and also hidden installation charges. I regret opening the letter with the deal. If I had not, then I would never be stuck with such a raw deal from COX. After two years will never go back to them... Very disappointed customer.

I am very very upset with your cable technician Stephen ** from Pensacola, Florida. He went to my wife's house to install cable and internet. He was extremely rude. Actually cussed at her. Then when he left 200 dollars was missing from her purse. I cannot tell you how furious I am. I told my wife to contact you about this. It is serious but she is afraid to. This guy creeped her out that bad. I hope you get rid of him. He doesn't need to be in people's houses not to mention he did a crappy job. She has to call and have someone come back out.

So my fiancee and I recently wanted cable and internet service installed so she called and set up an appt. to come out to our home. The appt. was made 2 days out which she informed them that she would be at work at that time and that I would home. They said that would be fine as long as someone 18 or older was present at the time. So the appt. was between 10 a.m. and noon that day for installation. Mind you we have a newborn in the home and very busy schedules. Not only did they not show up as I was home but no call, no nothing. When I called to find out if they were coming or not I was on the phone over a half hour only to be told that they could not discuss anything with me because I'm not the account holder. So I informed them that "it should be common sense and standard practice for your people to inform the account holders that if they are at work and there is an issue they can only talk to them."

Funny thing is they wanted her to call from her work. Yeah o.k. like people can just do that. Mind you I was passed between 3 people until I was on the phone with a Randy supervisor of sales and retention for as he put it for the entire nation. Well Mr. Randy had no solution for me and I was told he could not speak with me. So that's real nice have someone waiting around all morning for nothing without using common sense to get to the solution to find out where your driver is and if anyone is coming or not or to tell someone upfront "if there is any type of issue ma'am that day of installation you would have to add your fiance to the account in order for us to speak with him or you have to be able to use your phone at work." Lol. Ridiculous! However they can install service in my home, take my money and come into someone's home and speak to them as humans do while installing service, just not about the account, just the service in the home of the account. Lol.

Anyway Mr. Randy and his solution are horrible and all they did was confirm for my fiancee and I that we should have went with Dish or Verizon in the first place and that they don't care about their customers or have any type of good communication or any type of compassion or respect. Very disrespectful on and off the phone. Horrible service just flat out horrible. Put such a bad taste in my mouth and I'm usually not the type to even email or comment. However this pushed me over the edge. They should be ashamed of their service this day as they didn't show up to begin with then handled it very poorly in all areas and lost a customer that can really care less about. They are in fact a 1 star operation 2 at best. Disgusted!

If there was a lower number I would give them that. Here's a quick synopsis of issue we've been dealing with since 12/9/2016. We got a letter stating my SO was going to have her email account deleted because her account was no longer active for 90 days. Sort of true... It had not been active for 2 years since she moved in with me. Letter stated, "You could add it to another active account to avoid this"... great. We call Cox, 30 minutes later they cannot add it and suggest going to a local Cox store, we do that the next day.

As soon as the person at the counter realized we were not there to buy anything he was done, said the manager would have to do this on Monday, it was a Saturday, took our info, said the manager would call. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday come and got no call. We call Cox again, Tier 1 says we need to speak with Tier 2 Support, on hold, no lie, 42 minutes.

Douglas from Tier 2 finally answers, work on issue and realizes he cannot do this but says it needs to go to the Provisioning Team in Atlanta, not sure why since it was not a new account but ok, says he'll personally check and call back in 2 to 24 hours. Guess what? No call back. 2 days later call back, person in Tier 1, name escapes at this time but have it written down somewhere, tells me "Let me tell you how this will work for you, it can't be done." I explain the letter, what I have been told previously, and offer to forward the letter so he can see. His answer: "No need. I already told you how it will work for you."

Ok I lose it, not the best thing but nonetheless I ask to speak to a supervisor. I get Jaketra, nice lady tells me after putting me on hold for 10 minutes we were correct. It can be done but we need to speak with Tier 2. I told her I did not want to hold again for 40 minutes. She offers to call me back. About an hour goes by. She calls back and hands me over to a Tier 2 person, I tell them the whole story again. They tell me the original request was denied because Douglas did not fill it out correctly, they take the info and transfer me back to Jaketra who tells me it could take 2 to 24 hours, and she will call back at 6 PM next day. Yep sure you will. Next day comes, 6 o'clock goes by, I am waiting like a fool by the phone... no call.

I call Tier 2 at 7 PM as I know the drill now all too well. Wait is only 10 minutes. I get Barbara, wonderful lady explain everything. She's pretty apologetic, sets up the accounts as they have now deleted mine as well, rebuilds the accounts, and we only lose a few things, we can live with that. We thank her profusely as she's been the only one in 6 calls to even help. Two days go by, guess what? They delete most of my SO's stored email folders and she gets a second notice email they will delete her email in 1 week. She goes to the Cox store today, as there is one right next to a grocery store she was going to, they tell her the account was never added, and add it.

Do I believe for 1 minute come January 11th her email will work? Not at all. I have never experienced such a lack of service, conflicting answers, and downright being lied to. The products Cox offers are no better or worse than others yet charge a premium, we pay $228 a month for cable, internet, and phone service, you can match or beat that price all day, everyday in Southern California.

Why am I still a Cox customer today? Who knows why? Probably because we've had our email addresses for 20 years and don't like change. Really I would love someone from Cox to call me and explain how all this was even acceptable service. It took 2 weeks to even get an answer with calling every 3rd day. Never again, I'm telling everyone look elsewhere. The products are okay but the service is abysmal. Cox you need to fix this.

Product is very poor. TV will cut in/out and freeze at times. Customer services and tech services just apologizes but no solution or results. Tried cancelling tv service and keep the internet but was told the price would be the same either way. Tried cancelling entire service after few years but was denied. Cox wouldn't accept account credential that we had, so it will become lifetime commitment to Cox since we won't be able to cancel service ever. I highly recommend seeking alternative services. Would not recommend to anyone. I have been hearing everyone is dropping Cox services, and now I understand why.

I purchased cable & internet package from this store. The Solution Specialist, Martin ** took my order and assured me that my cable would be installed on a date we agreed on which was over a week away. On the day of the install, I tried to reach Mr. ** only to discover the store on Tropical does not accept calls. I did reach the Cox Customer Service Dept for Las Vegas and was informed that Martin ** never completed the order and no install date was scheduled, and no install date could be scheduled for several days!

I went back to the store, spoke again to Martin ** who assured me he would take care of the problem and the install would be done as scheduled, however it never happened. Several phone calls later, and after speaking to customer service in Arizona and ultimately in Wichita, I was able to get an install the next day. Spent over 2 hours on the phone, lost two days of work, and made two trips to the Cox store on Tropical, before I finally got my cable. I was given a $30 credit on my account by a supervisor in Wichita, which was nice but in no way compensated me for my headaches.

This company is the worse so far and the customer service are mean. I been charged extra rate saying that I was in promotion and expire. I'm paying $78 for the slowest internet only can't even watch video and the problem no other providers in the area so they are taking this market and you're stuck with them. When you complain the customer service said, "Why you crying?" Anyone live in Alexandria VA be aware of this scammers called Cox. They rip you off with all the extra fees and charges and slow service.

Cox Communications, the day you are past due, expect to be added to the automatic collections dial machine. As a result, I have blocked their number and pay my bill after my service gets cut off. Their stupid automated collection dialer called me 3-4 times when I was at my dad's funeral. Last year, I cut off the cable TV and got Dish. I go to turn in my box and the rep at the retail store could not find my account. I finally just gave up and mailed in the box and told them to cancel the cable TV. If there was another option for decent internet access, I'd drop them like a hot potato. Before I blocked Cox, I would get 2-3 automated calls per day reminding me to pay my bill. There are no words that can describe how much I HATE COX.

If I could give zero stars I would. Cox was my only option when I moved to Rhode island, and I wasn't excited because I've only heard bad things. In under 6 months with Cox I had NO wifi for two whole weeks, causing my cell phone bill to increase with data usage. The tech on the phone did a speed test and told me I had terribly slow wifi and needed a new router, so I had to take time off from work and wait 4 hours for a tech to come. Now all this week every night I have to call Cox and get my cable box reset. Very annoying to deal with.

I now have Fios in my area, so I called Cox to switch today and despite how terrible the service (I know they can see how many times I've had to call/ how many issues I've had) I STILL have to pay a termination fee. Why is it my fault that they suck and shouldn't be in the cable/internet/phone business. I've never complained about any services until Cox. Huge waste of $151 every month.

I have been a Cox customer since November 2016 and have already experienced so many problems with their service. My tv freezes up several times a day. The picture becomes distorted. Error messages that pop up on the tv screen. I have to physically get up and unplug the cord from the outlet and plug back in to reboot the system. My internet service isn't any faster or better than my previous internet provider, yet I lay $99.99 per month for this so-called "High Speed" Internet.

In the first month of having Cox I had called customer service at least 10 times to complain about the service. They would send a technician out to resolve the problems but apparently the techs didn't know what they were doing! The last technician that came to "fix" the problems found things that were not wired properly from the start. He also got the internet issue resolved. As of now however, I'm still not getting the high speed that Cox told me I would get. Cox fails to tell you that in order to get the highest speed that you have to purchase a card to insert inside of your computer. This will upgrade your computer in order to really get the high speed that you are already paying a butt load for!

Cox is misleading people into thinking that you are going to get this exceptional speed when in reality you are not. Speaking with Customer Service is a freaking joke as well. They are rude and have been sarcastic with me. They tell you that there is an outage and that they can't say how long you will be without service and Internet. I went for 2 days without being able to watch tv due to this so called "Outage". This is a total crock and seems to me that their system is flawed in a big way, but of course they aren't going to tell the customer that.

I did manage to get a $210.00 credit off of my first bill because of all the problems and frustration I went through. Which I feel is only fair and just in my case. But then Cox had the nerve to charge me $135.00 for some outside rewiring that had to be done because it wasn't done properly to begin with, along with a service call fee. In my anger and frustration I ended up calling the Cooperate Office to get to the bottom of things. I spoke to a very nice woman that was helpful and got these charges off of my bill. I did let her know that I was very frustrated and tired of having to deal with these cable problems every day, and for the amount of money they are charging me for their service, or lack of I should say, that I should NOT have to deal with rude customer service. If I am paying for a service, I expect to get it without any attitude from their employees!

I am still not 100% satisfied with Cox and am still experiencing problems at least once or twice a day. I don't know if I am going to stay with Cox or not, for I have been trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but my patience is running out very quickly! I didn't even want to give a one-star rating but it required a rating to write the review. My advice to people in the fence and trying to decide between Cox or another provider, DO NOT GO WITH COX!!!

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers