Cox Cable

Cox Cable

3.6/5 (638 ratings)

About Cox Cable

Cox is a digital cable, telecommunications and home automation service provider. Cox offers packages and deals that you can customize based on your needs. Bundle prices start at $89.99 a month.

Pros

• Multiple plan options
  • Compatible with streaming apps
  • Bundle cable, internet and home phone

Cons

• Rates often increase after intro period

Bottom Line

Cox offers several cable-only and internet-cable bundle packages suitable for most customers. Costs can get high on bigger bundle packages, but Cox has many attractive introductory offers.

Top Cox Cable Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

Verified

Our research of various providers found that COX has the best cost, reliability, service, programs and voice-activated program selection. Their follow up service is exceptional an...

Verified

Have had very few TV issues over the 30 years of service. Customer service has been great helping me resolve all issues with most of them being resolved with a reboot. The only is...

Cox cable packages

Cox offers several options for cable TV, including cable-only options and plans that bundle cable with internet, home phone and smart home automation. If you’re looking for television service, you can choose between traditional cable TV and Cox Contour, which includes additional integration for streaming apps.

Cox Contour

Cox Contour offers a more robust channel lineup and additional features not included in Cox’s basic TV plans.

With Cox Contour, you can use apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube to stream additional content. You still need to have an account with these services to access the content — the subscriptions are not included in the price of Contour. Contour simply allows you to access the apps from your cable TV connection and standard remote instead of switching to an external app like a Fire Stick or Roku.

Cox Contour subscriptions also include popular channels like ESPN, Discovery, History, A&E, TNT and HGTV.

Cox cable plans

For cable-only plans, customers can choose between the TV starter package or the Cox Contour TV package. All packages include local channels, free HD programming and access to the Contour and TV Everywhere apps.

Cox TV StarterCox Contour TV
Starting cost$25/month$69.99/month
Channels75140+
On-screen apps including Netflix
Voice remote with universal search
Cox TV Starter$25/month75
Cox Contour TV$69.99/month140+

Cox pricing

Prices for Cox Cable start as low as $25 a month but can exceed $200 a month depending on the package you select. Cox offers two basic plans:

• TV Starter is Cox’s basic cable package. It includes around 75 channels and costs $25 a month.
  • Contour TV is Cox’s highly customizable cable package. You can customize it with premium channels, channel packs geared to your specific tastes and DVR recording for up to 24 shows at once. Contour TV starts at $69.99 a month.

Cox cable bundles

If you’re looking to bundle service, you may be able to save some money. Bundle packages start as low as $75 per month and have introductory rates ranging from $75 to $180 per month. Plans can include cable, internet, home phone and home automation.

Cox cable and internet bundles

Bundle CostInternetPhoneHome Automation
Cox Bronze, 140+ channels$109.99Up to 150 MbpsUnlimited long distance
Cox Silver, 170+ channels$129.99Up to 500 MbpsUnlimited long distance
Cox Platinum, 250+ channels$179.99Up to 940 MbpsUnlimited long distance
Bundle Cost$55.98$75.98$135.98$64.99$89.99$159.99$109.99$129.99$179.99
CableContour StreamContour StreamContour StreamCox TV Starter, 75+ channelsCox Bronze, 140+ ChannelsCox Platinum, 250+ channelsCox Bronze, 140+ channelsCox Silver, 170+ channelsCox Platinum, 250+ channels
InternetInternet Essential 50Internet Preferred 150Internet GigablastUp to 10 MbpsUp to 150 MbpsUp to 940 MbpsUp to 150 MbpsUp to 500 MbpsUp to 940 Mbps
PhoneUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distance
Home Automation

Cox Cable FAQ

Is Cox Cable available in my area?
Cox cable is available in Arkansas, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, North Carolina, Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and Virginia.
Does Cox charge late fees?
Yes. If you make a late payment, you are subject to a fee of up to $25.
What premium channels does Cox offer?
Cox’s highest-tier plan offers more than 250 channels. A full list can be found on the company’s website, but popular channels include ESPN, A&E, Discovery, History and HGTV. Cox also has premium movie channels included in some packages, such as HBO, Showtime and Starz.
What are Cox TV bundles?
A bundle is when two or more services are combined into one package for a customer. Cox lets you bundle cable with internet, home phone and/or home automation. Bundling services together often comes at a reduced rate.
Are there ever Cox TV deals?
Cox regularly offers special introductory rates. These special rates usually last for the first 12 months of your service and typically require a contract commitment. Prices can, and usually do, go up after the lock-in rate term expires.

Is Cox Cable good?

Cox is one of the nation’s leading providers of cable and internet. It’s widely available in many states and can be a solid choice for your TV needs. We recommend looking at all the packages available to decide what level of package you truly need or want before signing a contract. Snagging an introductory deal is a great way to get affordable service for a 12-month period, but be aware that this price will change. Don’t be afraid to call and renegotiate your bill after the introductory period has ended.

Cox Cable Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Cable?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

Original review: July 15, 2021

When it comes to speed for the internet and a home phone Cox is the way to go. We have had no problems with the service that they provide. I would tell people to try them out because they have a talking remote for cable which is really helpful.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Overall service is ok. Very expensive since there is no other cable service locally. Tech support is good if you have problems. Channel select is good, phone service is awesome, internet the fastest in the area and home life security is good.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2021

We use Cox for internet as we have a bunch of local and free channels plus we have one inexpensive service with about 65 channels. Cox has changed rates a couple times but overall they are ok. I do recommend purchasing your own router/modem that is compatible with their system otherwise you rent their equipment which is already paid for. They may try to discourage you, did me, as that is just profit for them.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I found that 'Cox Cable,' has the best service for my internet. It is super fast and reasonably priced. I have a Mac Desktop and I ran into trouble with my 'Safari Browser.' I kept getting the error response: 'cannot open webpage,' very frustrating indeed! After speaking with private tech support companies, I found it was going to be costly for them to look at it. My Hubby suggested that I call Cox just to make sure we have a good cable connection. The Customer Service was excellent and Miguel helped me reboot my System from his end. He also suggested, for a small fee of $10 a month, I could have Tech Support from Cox, 24/7, what a super offer! Who knew?? I had to try it. Joshua was super!!! He worked hard to resolve the issue and he was successful. I'm very grateful to Cox and Joshua!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I signed up for a 1 year contract for internet for $20 a month. In my second month they raised my rates to $89 before tax and when I called them about it I got so mad that they cancelled my contract I cancelled them and they charged me $100 to cancel even though they broke my contract.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

I have had Cox for 6 years now and unfortunately, they are the ONLY service provider in my area. Every year at the end of the year, I have to call them several times to try to resolve a billing issue where my bill suddenly goes up (without warning) $50. Every year, they send me to the customer loyalty department and work with me to get my bill back to what it was. It is good for a month and then suddenly, my bill skyrockets again and I have to call them. This year was the same things. They fixed it, but didn't tell me they removed a feature I use often. I called them back and they were able to reduce back down to almost what it was with an additional $13. One month went by and it was fine. Got my bill again, and it is back up to over an additional $50. No consistency or honesty about their services or what they are really doing. 6 years I have had to deal with this. No integrity.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Fragmented customer service and WiFi.. horrible experience. There was no resolve for interrupted service due to their connectivity in the neighborhood. I wasted hours on the phone with a virtual chat rep.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Signed up for Cox Internet and TV to go in our new home. Five days after setting up the internet a service technician disconnected our cable at the main junction box "on accident." We have now gone an additional FIVE days with no internet or TV due to their own error and they are in no hurry to send anyone out to correct their mistake even after six calls to their service department.

Like many these days, my job is 100% reliant on internet access and I am unable to work due to their error, but they don't care and just keep giving the same scripted speech about how we have to wait our turn while they carry on with other appointments until they can "eventually" get someone out here. Absolutely horrific service! Any company that has any true sense of customer service would have gone out of their way to send the technician back out to immediately correct the error they caused. We are actively looking for other internet options even if they don't have the download speeds. At this point, anyone is better than Cox!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

Worst communication company, after 25 years. We are treated like ** with these new management that has single handedly destroyed the company. It's outdated, terrible customer service and bad management. I have a collection for 132 dollars which I don't owe them at all after switching to ATT fiber which is cheaper and faster. Screw these guys!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

They are lying and playing with me. The sales representatives are dumb and totally untrained. They cannot see the need for me to order a technician to come by for the installation of my modem. I was advised that this is the case by talking to three customer support "specialists". I scheduled an appointment. However, despite that, they are "trying" to accommodate my free time with the availability of the techs, at some point they rescheduled twice my appointment. The first time they even did not bother to send me an email. It was an act of revenge, since I was so pissed that Cox does not have any integrity-doing what they claimed will do. After 4 reschedulings of tech visitation, now I am sitting at my home, actually enjoying a day off, so I can meet the tech, but nobody's here. The tech was supposed to be here between 8-10 on the 18th of August and now it is 10:41. Why? Why? Why?... Maybe because COX HAS NO COMPETITORS!!! That's why!

Cox Cable Company Information