Cox Cable

Cox Cable

3.8/5 (1355 ratings)

About Cox Cable

Cox is a digital cable, telecommunications and home automation service provider. Cox offers packages and deals that you can customize based on your needs. Bundle prices start at $89.99 a month.

Pros

• Multiple plan options
  • Compatible with streaming apps
  • Bundle cable, internet and home phone

Cons

• Rates often increase after intro period

Bottom Line

Cox offers several cable-only and internet-cable bundle packages suitable for most customers. Costs can get high on bigger bundle packages, but Cox has many attractive introductory offers.

Top Cox Cable Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

Verified

Our research of various providers found that COX has the best cost, reliability, service, programs and voice-activated program selection. Their follow up service is exceptional an...

Verified

Have had very few TV issues over the 30 years of service. Customer service has been great helping me resolve all issues with most of them being resolved with a reboot. The only is...

Cox cable packages

Cox offers several options for cable TV, including cable-only options and plans that bundle cable with internet, home phone and smart home automation. If you’re looking for television service, you can choose between traditional cable TV and Cox Contour, which includes additional integration for streaming apps.

Cox Contour

Cox Contour offers a more robust channel lineup and additional features not included in Cox’s basic TV plans.

With Cox Contour, you can use apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube to stream additional content. You still need to have an account with these services to access the content — the subscriptions are not included in the price of Contour. Contour simply allows you to access the apps from your cable TV connection and standard remote instead of switching to an external app like a Fire Stick or Roku.

Cox Contour subscriptions also include popular channels like ESPN, Discovery, History, A&E, TNT and HGTV.

Cox cable plans

For cable-only plans, customers can choose between the TV starter package or the Cox Contour TV package. All packages include local channels, free HD programming and access to the Contour and TV Everywhere apps.

Cox TV StarterCox Contour TV
Starting cost$25/month$69.99/month
Channels75140+
On-screen apps including Netflix
Voice remote with universal search
Cox TV Starter$25/month75
Cox Contour TV$69.99/month140+

Cox pricing

Prices for Cox Cable start as low as $25 a month but can exceed $200 a month depending on the package you select. Cox offers two basic plans:

• TV Starter is Cox’s basic cable package. It includes around 75 channels and costs $25 a month.
  • Contour TV is Cox’s highly customizable cable package. You can customize it with premium channels, channel packs geared to your specific tastes and DVR recording for up to 24 shows at once. Contour TV starts at $69.99 a month.

Cox cable bundles

If you’re looking to bundle service, you may be able to save some money. Bundle packages start as low as $75 per month and have introductory rates ranging from $75 to $180 per month. Plans can include cable, internet, home phone and home automation.

Cox cable and internet bundles

Bundle CostInternetPhoneHome Automation
Cox Bronze, 140+ channels$109.99Up to 150 MbpsUnlimited long distance
Cox Silver, 170+ channels$129.99Up to 500 MbpsUnlimited long distance
Cox Platinum, 250+ channels$179.99Up to 940 MbpsUnlimited long distance
Bundle Cost$55.98$75.98$135.98$64.99$89.99$159.99$109.99$129.99$179.99
CableContour StreamContour StreamContour StreamCox TV Starter, 75+ channelsCox Bronze, 140+ ChannelsCox Platinum, 250+ channelsCox Bronze, 140+ channelsCox Silver, 170+ channelsCox Platinum, 250+ channels
InternetInternet Essential 50Internet Preferred 150Internet GigablastUp to 10 MbpsUp to 150 MbpsUp to 940 MbpsUp to 150 MbpsUp to 500 MbpsUp to 940 Mbps
PhoneUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distance
Home Automation

Cox Cable FAQ

Is Cox Cable available in my area?
Cox cable is available in Arkansas, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, North Carolina, Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and Virginia.
Does Cox charge late fees?
Yes. If you make a late payment, you are subject to a fee of up to $25.
What premium channels does Cox offer?
Cox’s highest-tier plan offers more than 250 channels. A full list can be found on the company’s website, but popular channels include ESPN, A&E, Discovery, History and HGTV. Cox also has premium movie channels included in some packages, such as HBO, Showtime and Starz.
What are Cox TV bundles?
A bundle is when two or more services are combined into one package for a customer. Cox lets you bundle cable with internet, home phone and/or home automation. Bundling services together often comes at a reduced rate.
Are there ever Cox TV deals?
Cox regularly offers special introductory rates. These special rates usually last for the first 12 months of your service and typically require a contract commitment. Prices can, and usually do, go up after the lock-in rate term expires.

Is Cox Cable good?

Cox is one of the nation’s leading providers of cable and internet. It’s widely available in many states and can be a solid choice for your TV needs. We recommend looking at all the packages available to decide what level of package you truly need or want before signing a contract. Snagging an introductory deal is a great way to get affordable service for a 12-month period, but be aware that this price will change. Don’t be afraid to call and renegotiate your bill after the introductory period has ended.

Cox Cable Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Cable?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

Original review: April 30, 2021

I found that 'Cox Cable,' has the best service for my internet. It is super fast and reasonably priced. I have a Mac Desktop and I ran into trouble with my 'Safari Browser.' I kept getting the error response: 'cannot open webpage,' very frustrating indeed! After speaking with private tech support companies, I found it was going to be costly for them to look at it. My Hubby suggested that I call Cox just to make sure we have a good cable connection. The Customer Service was excellent and Miguel helped me reboot my System from his end. He also suggested, for a small fee of $10 a month, I could have Tech Support from Cox, 24/7, what a super offer! Who knew?? I had to try it. Joshua was super!!! He worked hard to resolve the issue and he was successful. I'm very grateful to Cox and Joshua!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Generally, the services provided are well priced and efficient. The most problematic issue has been download/upload speeds that do not match what you are actually paying for though the small print does indicate that it depends on the area. The most positive aspect is actual service as I have had their technician came out was very good at working with me to maximize speeds during covid. He talked me thru the process and provided new parts (modem/booster) through the sliding glass doors. Greatly appreciated his efforts and positive attitude.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Would not give a five due to difficulty getting through, I know all of this is going to be blamed on the virus, all the cable company does is send you the bill. They have no loyalty program to speak of and they never or almost never send you any information informing you that the promotion that you have signed up for is about to expire, you find this out when you get the next bill and your amount due doubles or triples.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Living here in Las Vegas, COX is the only one better to have and their WIFI Internet is very reliable. Although the prices they have are expensive and so every 6 months or so I call their Loyalty Dept. If they have any good deals. I always suggest that prices for Retired Seniors including Veterans should be affordable.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Very happy with Cox. Always willing to assist me when I have an issue about something. The technicians are well trained and eager to assist. I have been a customer for 20+ years....and would never consider changing. Friends of mine have other companies and are always complaining. I have nothing to complain about...Very satisfied with Cox.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Cox Cable is waaayyyy too expensive for the service they give. Constant anxiety with them. The annoying data usage messages in your email. Always the constant reminder and dread of paying your overinflated bill. I pay almost ten times what I paid to Spectrum when I lived in a different city. Spectrum was the BEST service I ever had. $22 per month like clockwork for the exact same amount of GB. Never going over! Every month there's a new overage with Cox! My bill is currently $162.00 for internet Only, with 2 people in the home. Cox is just plain Greedy!

Original review: April 21, 2021

Our household is loyal to Cox for more than 13 years since it is the only provider in our 92114 & 92139 CA area. We constantly check the rates with Cox if we qualify for any promotional discount to cut cost on our financial budget. The discount we avail off got us into a 24 month agreement price discount of around $145.96 but after the 1st year, our bill started to shoot to $157.38 last Jan 2021 then $161.12 this month. I called Cox Communication and asked how much is the early termination fee (EFT) if we will sacrifice this amount to pay to get out of the said agreement. I was told that EFT is $70. I went to check their website to see their current offers for new customers and indeed, the pricing is far cheaper than pricing for existing accounts. I am contemplating of paying the EFT if I can save $50 monthly for the useless cable TV channels that has no interesting shows to watch.

Original review: April 20, 2021

COX just changed my internet service because my modem was old. My modem worked fine. My internet worked fine. Now they changed my plan and, it doesn't work! Constantly having to reboot the modem. And, I'm paying more a month!!! And, they just up and change your internet so you are forced to either go buy a new modem or rent one from them! I wish there was another internet provider in my area that wasn't worse than COX's!

Original review: April 19, 2021

Cox Contour ("Watch TV Online") is useless in the Windows 10 environment. After you log in under your Cox Account (to pay bills) it regularly fails to load Contour and produces "Clear Cookies" errors using Google Chrome and Microsoft's Browsers even after clearing cookies, rebooting the operating system MULTIPLE TIMES. Every 10th try you might get it to load, but that's rare and Contour is unstable and has been doing this on multiple machines.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I've spoken to Cox Cable at least 10 times during the 1.75 years I've had service with them. I ONLY had service with the company because there were no other options. Everything they told me was a lie. My bill was supposed to be kept around $140 and by the end of the less than 2 years, I was paying $201. I called and even told them to take services away, and they said if they do, my rate would go UP. I asked to not have a contract in the beginning and the lady I spoke to said it would be an extra $10. I said ok. They put me in a contract anyway, and made me talk to 100 people before I finally was done with it and gave in to their manipulation tactics just to stop arguing.

When finally closing my account (thank God I moved to where I don't have to have their service), the lady on the phone told me 3-4 times that I would not have any other bills. She lied. Either the employees don't know what they're talking about or doing, or they're all told to lie. Management would not fix the situation, even after telling them to listen to the recording from my last conversation. WORST COMPANY EVER. I WOULD RATHER HAVE NO INTERNET THAN DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Cox Cable Company Information