Cox Cable

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

While waiting for Jerry Seinfeld to go from one show to the next. There was seven minutes of the remaining show that was used for various advertisement. Then when the next show came on, there was another three minutes of advertisement before that new show came on. Then another seven minutes of advertisement before that was over. The fact is seventeen minutes out of twenty see advertisement. This took place on the twelfth of January, 2017 at 5:30 PM. I realize that advertisement is necessary for expensive necessities, but enough is enough!! Is there a guide to limit by law and if so please give me the information.

Last week I made a payment arrangement with Cox to pay 269.00 to continue my service. It's high due to return check which I've never argued about as that my fault. My social security hit once a month. They took the 269.00 payment, turned off my service an hour after the payment was made. Now are holding my account hostage until I pay another 215?!? So you make a payment arrangement with a customer then take the payment and turn off the service! What kind of payment arrangement is that? I've never in my life had a company lie to me to get a payment. Then they take it, turn off my service and tell me I have to pay 215 then I have to wait 10 days to have services turned back on? Is this the way companies trick you into a payment then hold your account hostage?

I am 55 and live in the Seattle area. My folks live in San Diego and are in their 80's. I help them with their TV programming as my Father is hard of hearing and my Mother has dementia. I signed them up for Cox service protection $6.99 per month in Nov 2016 which covers service calls on all equipment. Shortly after that they needed some help programming a remote. One month later I get a call from my Dad saying Cox had cancelled CBS and my Mother was having a panic attack from not being able to see her shows (Price is Right/Let's make a Deal).

If you have ever seen the movie (Rain Man) you know what I mean. I called Cox to see what was going on and they told me it was because of negotiations and if I don't like it to switch carriers. So we switched to AT&T and upon closing my Dad's account they charged a $75.00 fee for closing the account within 3 months of enrolling him in their service plan. I don't know how these corporate millionaires sleep at night taking advantage of people with no respect to anyone!! I have never felt so powerless against something I knew was abuse of power and wrongful billing by a Mega Giant!! SHAME ON YOU!!!

A month ago I moved to an existing house and wanted to transfer my Cox cable/internet to my new house. I have now had 5 technicians come out in a month and they have all told me that I need a new underground cable to be placed under the street. I don't need to be told the same thing 5 times. I just need it done. The city permit has been approved so that isn't the hang-up. There is absolutely no accountability. Of all those technicians, apparently no one actually placed the work order. I have been told 4 times that they will "escalate" it. I've never been so frustrated before!!!

I originally wanted to determine if switching to the package deal of internet/phone/cable and Homelife would be more economical. We called to determine and they assured us of no hidden charges. When the technician came to install it, he had no idea of what he was supposed to do. Then he added on extra features that were not in the Plan. A camera that was not covered in the cost, more Cable channels etc. We tried for 2 months to figure out why the bill was so much and kept getting comments that they were still working on it. After calling for 2 months, they tell us that there is an additional service charge for the camera, more for the additional channels and also hidden installation charges. I regret opening the letter with the deal. If I had not, then I would never be stuck with such a raw deal from COX. After two years will never go back to them... Very disappointed customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

I am very very upset with your cable technician Stephen ** from Pensacola, Florida. He went to my wife's house to install cable and internet. He was extremely rude. Actually cussed at her. Then when he left 200 dollars was missing from her purse. I cannot tell you how furious I am. I told my wife to contact you about this. It is serious but she is afraid to. This guy creeped her out that bad. I hope you get rid of him. He doesn't need to be in people's houses not to mention he did a crappy job. She has to call and have someone come back out.

So my fiancee and I recently wanted cable and internet service installed so she called and set up an appt. to come out to our home. The appt. was made 2 days out which she informed them that she would be at work at that time and that I would home. They said that would be fine as long as someone 18 or older was present at the time. So the appt. was between 10 a.m. and noon that day for installation. Mind you we have a newborn in the home and very busy schedules. Not only did they not show up as I was home but no call, no nothing. When I called to find out if they were coming or not I was on the phone over a half hour only to be told that they could not discuss anything with me because I'm not the account holder. So I informed them that "it should be common sense and standard practice for your people to inform the account holders that if they are at work and there is an issue they can only talk to them."

Funny thing is they wanted her to call from her work. Yeah o.k. like people can just do that. Mind you I was passed between 3 people until I was on the phone with a Randy supervisor of sales and retention for as he put it for the entire nation. Well Mr. Randy had no solution for me and I was told he could not speak with me. So that's real nice have someone waiting around all morning for nothing without using common sense to get to the solution to find out where your driver is and if anyone is coming or not or to tell someone upfront "if there is any type of issue ma'am that day of installation you would have to add your fiance to the account in order for us to speak with him or you have to be able to use your phone at work." Lol. Ridiculous! However they can install service in my home, take my money and come into someone's home and speak to them as humans do while installing service, just not about the account, just the service in the home of the account. Lol.

Anyway Mr. Randy and his solution are horrible and all they did was confirm for my fiancee and I that we should have went with Dish or Verizon in the first place and that they don't care about their customers or have any type of good communication or any type of compassion or respect. Very disrespectful on and off the phone. Horrible service just flat out horrible. Put such a bad taste in my mouth and I'm usually not the type to even email or comment. However this pushed me over the edge. They should be ashamed of their service this day as they didn't show up to begin with then handled it very poorly in all areas and lost a customer that can really care less about. They are in fact a 1 star operation 2 at best. Disgusted!

If there was a lower number I would give them that. Here's a quick synopsis of issue we've been dealing with since 12/9/2016. We got a letter stating my SO was going to have her email account deleted because her account was no longer active for 90 days. Sort of true... It had not been active for 2 years since she moved in with me. Letter stated, "You could add it to another active account to avoid this"... great. We call Cox, 30 minutes later they cannot add it and suggest going to a local Cox store, we do that the next day.

As soon as the person at the counter realized we were not there to buy anything he was done, said the manager would have to do this on Monday, it was a Saturday, took our info, said the manager would call. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday come and got no call. We call Cox again, Tier 1 says we need to speak with Tier 2 Support, on hold, no lie, 42 minutes.

Douglas from Tier 2 finally answers, work on issue and realizes he cannot do this but says it needs to go to the Provisioning Team in Atlanta, not sure why since it was not a new account but ok, says he'll personally check and call back in 2 to 24 hours. Guess what? No call back. 2 days later call back, person in Tier 1, name escapes at this time but have it written down somewhere, tells me "Let me tell you how this will work for you, it can't be done." I explain the letter, what I have been told previously, and offer to forward the letter so he can see. His answer: "No need. I already told you how it will work for you."

Ok I lose it, not the best thing but nonetheless I ask to speak to a supervisor. I get Jaketra, nice lady tells me after putting me on hold for 10 minutes we were correct. It can be done but we need to speak with Tier 2. I told her I did not want to hold again for 40 minutes. She offers to call me back. About an hour goes by. She calls back and hands me over to a Tier 2 person, I tell them the whole story again. They tell me the original request was denied because Douglas did not fill it out correctly, they take the info and transfer me back to Jaketra who tells me it could take 2 to 24 hours, and she will call back at 6 PM next day. Yep sure you will. Next day comes, 6 o'clock goes by, I am waiting like a fool by the phone... no call.

I call Tier 2 at 7 PM as I know the drill now all too well. Wait is only 10 minutes. I get Barbara, wonderful lady explain everything. She's pretty apologetic, sets up the accounts as they have now deleted mine as well, rebuilds the accounts, and we only lose a few things, we can live with that. We thank her profusely as she's been the only one in 6 calls to even help. Two days go by, guess what? They delete most of my SO's stored email folders and she gets a second notice email they will delete her email in 1 week. She goes to the Cox store today, as there is one right next to a grocery store she was going to, they tell her the account was never added, and add it.

Do I believe for 1 minute come January 11th her email will work? Not at all. I have never experienced such a lack of service, conflicting answers, and downright being lied to. The products Cox offers are no better or worse than others yet charge a premium, we pay $228 a month for cable, internet, and phone service, you can match or beat that price all day, everyday in Southern California.

Why am I still a Cox customer today? Who knows why? Probably because we've had our email addresses for 20 years and don't like change. Really I would love someone from Cox to call me and explain how all this was even acceptable service. It took 2 weeks to even get an answer with calling every 3rd day. Never again, I'm telling everyone look elsewhere. The products are okay but the service is abysmal. Cox you need to fix this.

Product is very poor. TV will cut in/out and freeze at times. Customer services and tech services just apologizes but no solution or results. Tried cancelling tv service and keep the internet but was told the price would be the same either way. Tried cancelling entire service after few years but was denied. Cox wouldn't accept account credential that we had, so it will become lifetime commitment to Cox since we won't be able to cancel service ever. I highly recommend seeking alternative services. Would not recommend to anyone. I have been hearing everyone is dropping Cox services, and now I understand why.

I purchased cable & internet package from this store. The Solution Specialist, Martin ** took my order and assured me that my cable would be installed on a date we agreed on which was over a week away. On the day of the install, I tried to reach Mr. ** only to discover the store on Tropical does not accept calls. I did reach the Cox Customer Service Dept for Las Vegas and was informed that Martin ** never completed the order and no install date was scheduled, and no install date could be scheduled for several days!

I went back to the store, spoke again to Martin ** who assured me he would take care of the problem and the install would be done as scheduled, however it never happened. Several phone calls later, and after speaking to customer service in Arizona and ultimately in Wichita, I was able to get an install the next day. Spent over 2 hours on the phone, lost two days of work, and made two trips to the Cox store on Tropical, before I finally got my cable. I was given a $30 credit on my account by a supervisor in Wichita, which was nice but in no way compensated me for my headaches.

This company is the worse so far and the customer service are mean. I been charged extra rate saying that I was in promotion and expire. I'm paying $78 for the slowest internet only can't even watch video and the problem no other providers in the area so they are taking this market and you're stuck with them. When you complain the customer service said, "Why you crying?" Anyone live in Alexandria VA be aware of this scammers called Cox. They rip you off with all the extra fees and charges and slow service.

Cox Communications, the day you are past due, expect to be added to the automatic collections dial machine. As a result, I have blocked their number and pay my bill after my service gets cut off. Their stupid automated collection dialer called me 3-4 times when I was at my dad's funeral. Last year, I cut off the cable TV and got Dish. I go to turn in my box and the rep at the retail store could not find my account. I finally just gave up and mailed in the box and told them to cancel the cable TV. If there was another option for decent internet access, I'd drop them like a hot potato. Before I blocked Cox, I would get 2-3 automated calls per day reminding me to pay my bill. There are no words that can describe how much I HATE COX.

If I could give zero stars I would. Cox was my only option when I moved to Rhode island, and I wasn't excited because I've only heard bad things. In under 6 months with Cox I had NO wifi for two whole weeks, causing my cell phone bill to increase with data usage. The tech on the phone did a speed test and told me I had terribly slow wifi and needed a new router, so I had to take time off from work and wait 4 hours for a tech to come. Now all this week every night I have to call Cox and get my cable box reset. Very annoying to deal with.

I now have Fios in my area, so I called Cox to switch today and despite how terrible the service (I know they can see how many times I've had to call/ how many issues I've had) I STILL have to pay a termination fee. Why is it my fault that they suck and shouldn't be in the cable/internet/phone business. I've never complained about any services until Cox. Huge waste of $151 every month.

I have been a Cox customer since November 2016 and have already experienced so many problems with their service. My tv freezes up several times a day. The picture becomes distorted. Error messages that pop up on the tv screen. I have to physically get up and unplug the cord from the outlet and plug back in to reboot the system. My internet service isn't any faster or better than my previous internet provider, yet I lay $99.99 per month for this so-called "High Speed" Internet.

In the first month of having Cox I had called customer service at least 10 times to complain about the service. They would send a technician out to resolve the problems but apparently the techs didn't know what they were doing! The last technician that came to "fix" the problems found things that were not wired properly from the start. He also got the internet issue resolved. As of now however, I'm still not getting the high speed that Cox told me I would get. Cox fails to tell you that in order to get the highest speed that you have to purchase a card to insert inside of your computer. This will upgrade your computer in order to really get the high speed that you are already paying a butt load for!

Cox is misleading people into thinking that you are going to get this exceptional speed when in reality you are not. Speaking with Customer Service is a freaking joke as well. They are rude and have been sarcastic with me. They tell you that there is an outage and that they can't say how long you will be without service and Internet. I went for 2 days without being able to watch tv due to this so called "Outage". This is a total crock and seems to me that their system is flawed in a big way, but of course they aren't going to tell the customer that.

I did manage to get a $210.00 credit off of my first bill because of all the problems and frustration I went through. Which I feel is only fair and just in my case. But then Cox had the nerve to charge me $135.00 for some outside rewiring that had to be done because it wasn't done properly to begin with, along with a service call fee. In my anger and frustration I ended up calling the Cooperate Office to get to the bottom of things. I spoke to a very nice woman that was helpful and got these charges off of my bill. I did let her know that I was very frustrated and tired of having to deal with these cable problems every day, and for the amount of money they are charging me for their service, or lack of I should say, that I should NOT have to deal with rude customer service. If I am paying for a service, I expect to get it without any attitude from their employees!

I am still not 100% satisfied with Cox and am still experiencing problems at least once or twice a day. I don't know if I am going to stay with Cox or not, for I have been trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, but my patience is running out very quickly! I didn't even want to give a one-star rating but it required a rating to write the review. My advice to people in the fence and trying to decide between Cox or another provider, DO NOT GO WITH COX!!!

I scheduled an appointment with Cox to install my cable internet. Individual came out and could not access my panel without a larger ladder and said he will be back out the next day between 1-3. I took off from work to meet up. I waited and no one showed. I then called the company and they said they rescheduled for the next week without informing me. I then asked if someone can come out sooner and they said no. I then asked to speak to a manager. Did this same thing with at least 4 customer representatives who would NOT transfer me to a manager. This is totally and utterly wrong and not a way to deal with PAYING customers. I'm out a few hundred dollars from taking off work and still do not have internet.

I requested that my movie channels be cancelled. I call a week later to find out they were never cancelled. I called to order NBA league pass and spent an hour on the phone trying to get it to work on my TV. I was told support would call me and come to my house they never did and I had to call 3 more times only to go through the same exact process and told the same exact thing. I decided to not go through the hassle and cancel NBA league pass so I did.

I called back a week later, it wasn't cancelled so I requested it again and requested an email confirmation. I never received one so I called again to find out. It was never cancelled again. I'm on the phone with them now again going through the same thing. Horrible customer service, they're so unorganized, and it looks like they have no idea what they're doing over there. Avoid this company at all cost. If it weren't for my apartment requiring us to only use Cox then I would have gone with a different company like AT&T.

So after I called to find out why my bill had increased 10.00 within a 6 month time period. I was told that there was a loss of discount and then a service increase. The Cox representative said I would save money by going with a different service that includes TV online. I thought I could offset the increase by getting rid of one of my other online TV services. As it turns out the online TV through Cox doesn't even work during peak times. I am super frustrated with the constant increases, I hope to find another internet service provider but like many of the other reviews, Cox has a monopoly on internet service. How much money is enough?? The representatives seem to always omit the additional fees and charges when they upsell too. Cox is just a terrible company to have service with but many times there is no other option.

The problem I am having with this company is that I am being charged for services that were stopped. I got Cox services Aug. 8, 2016 and returned the boxes before the 30 day period and told them we do not want the services but they kept sending me a bill. Now I received a collection notices for $643.00. We went to the Cox office to talk to them, but they say I need to talk to the people that sent the collection notice. My account did not suppose to go to collections in the first place. It is bad that they do people like this, now it will be going on my credit as a bad debt.

Please think twice before you use Cox Cable. I moved to Kansas and contacted Cox. I told them I did not want a 2 year contract because I knew I would not stay in an apartment. I agreed on a bundle that included a landline which I did not use. So, we agreed on a price. The next day a salesman from Cox calls me. He tells me that I can have the security system instead of the phone, and if I have a two year agreement either the phone or the security system can follow. I told him I had no intention of getting into a two year agreement with a security system since I didn't know where I was going to live. He told me point blank that I did NOT have to take the security system, I had the option of doing the security OR the phone. I once again reiterated that I did not want to be tied for 2 years to a system I didn't know if I would use or not. He assured me that if I didn't want the security system, I could take the phone. So, I agreed.

Two months later I buy a home that has a security system. I call Cox to transfer my internet, cable and opt for the phone instead of the security system since I already have one. I was told they absolutely could not "use the phone instead of the security system" and there is a $500.00 cancellation fee since I am not taking it with me. I argued the fact and talked to numerous "managers" but to no avail. Obviously this company is a lot like Wells Fargo in their honesty and integrity. They have people putting out information just to make a deal. This company is dishonest! Stay away from them.

I signed up for Cox services last October 2016 and wanted the $99.99 bundle. First bill never arrived but then I got a call from Cox for past due balance and had to call in to verify amount I needed to pay. To my utter shock and disappointment, my bill came out to be $1,000 for the first month and $350 for succeeding month. Apparently, the sales representative who took care of my account failed to bundle my service and charged me for installation fees and equipment fees which were all supposed to be free. After several calls and transfers to different departments in the span of two months my bill was adjusted but the $99.99 bundle has turned into a $230.00 monthly fee. Recent customer representative from Retention and Loyalty department even refused to help me now. BEWARE AND DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THEIR SERVICES!!!

Wanted to give 'No Star' but it is not allowing me. I'm having worst experience with the Manchester Connecticut Retail Manager - Jeremy. I couldn't catch his last name. Spoke to customer service for 4 hours (in few days) and got an offer for $83 (150 MBPS Internet & Basic TV). They asked me to go and collect the Receiver from COX retail store. I went there and the representative told me they could not offer me the offer they gave me over the phone and I would end up paying $117 with other option the person told me. I left the store without taking the offer.

Next day, this guy Jeremy called me and told he is the Store manager and he can offer me the $83 price for 150 mbps and basic tv with HBO & Starz free. I confirmed the price and details twice. He scheduled an appointment for the installation on Tuesday. After installation, when I checked I got more channels than they promised me. Immediately I called this guy - Jeremy who did not pick up my call. I got a text stating he is at a funeral and will be back in the evening and will contact me. But I've not any call. Same day I called, left a voicemail in the evening. Next day I called, he did not pickup. Thursday morning, we came out for our vacation for 10 days.

When I spoke to customer care today about this, they told me they cannot do anything and I'll end up paying $150 for this month. I'll be going to the store next Monday and return my receiver. Please do not believe even a single word they speak to you over the phone unless you see the confirmed order. I do not have any proof on the promises they gave. I found out when I spoke to the customer service that there is no order on what they promised.

I haven't had cable in a couple of years. Decided to get it for the house. Cox very high overcharged customers so much money. Bill was high as 500 dollars. Then the bundles don't seem to be the prices they falsely advertise never tell you billed a month in advance. Customer Service are very rude. Everyone tell you different answers to get you off the phone. I wish we had another cable provider besides Cox. They overcharge the customers. There are no bundles. Your bill never the same. Different each month. Why do we have to pay such high bills to watch tv? Cox are a very bad cable company. I don't understand 15.99 each month for DVR box 8.50 for each contour box. I have 2 boxes was being charge for 3 15.99 for HBO. Can't afford it. You pay one bill the next one they're due to a month in advance. Are this legal?

I called Cox to discuss my insanely huge bill for just internet & phone, they ended up talking me into contour tv. The guy has wires going across my house leaving them out for my pets to bite into or get hurt with. I had a lot of things in the way but still he could of tucked them behind the things or hung them up. I can't even find the 150 channels I was promised. Most the shows are double or triple repeats. I can't find any of the shows I like or channels. HSN is about the only thing to watch and their prices are through the roof & un-affordable to the average person. When I was watching the news, they were on the previous day, yesterday's news and it was 5 am and they said 9 am on previous days news. What in the world? Box was left where it blocks some of my view to see tv. I canceled my netflix when I ordered this service and really wish I had not as this is a complete rip-off.

When I do find a show to watch it's X-Files from the 1990's or shows that are really old. Get with the current years' movies people. My internet modem constantly shuts off & has to be reset in the middle of my work online. Not to mention the bills are through the roof for these services and when I mentioned it they talked me into adding another feature which increases the bill even more. I was given no paperwork to show how to work tv shows or what shows I have, or no instructions besides "here's the remote, here's the on & off button". I am very unsatisfied and wish I had just stayed with Netflix.

Before I start, is there a "NO star option"? Satisfaction isn't an option with this company. Scale of 1-5, this company is a -1 with a sad face emoticon. The subject say it all. This is a terrible company. The service is terrible, their customer service is terrible, the prices and fees are terrible. We pay for pretty high end internet speeds, we have a high end router, the two computers in the house are both new with excellent hardware, one computer is direct connect, and we still have terrible internet. My roommate is direct connected and still gets terrible lag, we get disconnected all the time from the internet, our wifi stays up though (our hardware actually working). We are told we get a certain speed but any speed tests reports FAR FAAAAR below what we pay for. Our download speeds come in at a trickle. If someone turns on netflix on one computer the other computer is teleported to 2001 AOL speeds.

Our account keeps getting messed up because Cox managed to establish 2 separate accounts for my roommate, one he can view online and pay for (don't worry, that isn't the one that matters), and one that we have NO access to that he has to call in to make payments on that we receive no information on. Apparently it takes an act of congress to remove an account that NO ONE USES but somehow shared all his information and billing info. I would go with AT&T but they are not much better.

If you had an option to go with Cox or not, I suggest creating your own company with whatever knowledge you current posses about establishing a internet service provider and do it, because you will probably do a better job than the people at Cox. Also, let me know when you start up because I want to be your first customer. HAND TO GOD, SWEAR ON THE BIBLE, THE CONSTITUTION AND MY MOTHER'S LIFE. While trying to hit submit on this, my internet went out.

We are so over Cox Communications. They pretty much have a monopoly on service in Wichita, KS. No other internet in our part of town is available yet. Been Cox customers for over 20 years and never missed a payment nor even been late on one. Every year we get rid of more and more services, less channels, slower internet but every year our bill keeps increasing. You can't get on their website and see prices per service/equipment to actually see what else you can get rid of to lower your bill. Nothing is listed separately price wise and they make you call if you want to lower or get rid of services. New customers pay 1/2 of what existing, long-standing good customers pay.

The reason they don't list cost for services separately is they have so many bundles and tiers and plans that everybody pays something different. We don't use 1/4 of the lowest internet service so we are paying for those who use too much. We watch 4 or 5 channels of TV but these of course are available only in the higher cost packages. We're older and on a fixed income; we don't need the "contour" junk, home phone, special equipment or any of the other bells and whistles but they've still just about priced us out and they don't really care. Guess it's time to "cut the cord" like others are doing. Cox can set these prices just as high as they want and no one regulates it and no one can compete with them. The City of Wichita gets their cut though so they aren't going to regulate it either. Wish they'd come up with a plan for people like us but I guess they figure they don't have to.

Shortly after my husband, John, passed away, I called COX to change the account to my name. Later in the day, when realized I hadn't received expected call backs, I checked my phone and the line was dead. I called COX on my cell phone and spent about an hour with a young lady & her supervisor doing everything in their power to reconnect me. Finally, it was decided a technician would have to come out the next afternoon. That morning, I wondered if I was going to be charged a Service Fee for the technician's visit. I called COX, again, and spoke to Christian and he said "Yes, there will be a Service Fee". I didn't feel that I should have to pay for what I felt was a mistake on COX's part. Christian and his supervisor were able to give me a temporary line & put in a request to get my phone # of 30 yrs back.

Christian said he should have the information back on Mon, Nov 15th and he would call. I have to admit, the Doubting Thomas did rear its ugly head, several times! I wondered if I'd hear back from Christian and or get my old # back. When the phone rang, Mon morning & Christian identified himself with the Good News about my old #, I could hardly talk! I was so overwhelmed that Christian had followed thru and was a man of his word. It's more than obvious that Christian has excellent work ethic & his Customer Service is definitely 5 Star. You do not meet the caliber of people, like Christian, every day! Be grateful COX that you have such an outstanding employee representing your company! KUDOS, Christian! Thank you for renewing my Faith!

We moved into our new home on 11/7/16. I called Cox residential on or around 10/7/16 to set up a Cox installation appointment hopefully prior to 11/10/16 so I could have all Cox services installed and ready for an 11/11/16 Geek Squad tv/printer/internet appointment so all services could be tested. I was trying to be proactive so Cox services would be in my new home shortly after moving in. Three ticket numbers, 5 weeks, and 5 people later, ** with Mike at 405-607-6767, ** with Angela at **, Brittany ** (contacted directly by the developer of the new subdivision, and a conversation with a technical supervisor related to the first ticket number referred to me by Mike mentioned above, who never called me back just like Mike who also never called me back over a two/three week period until he picked up directly this past week.

The bottom line problem as I see it is that your engineering contact, Steve, for this new subdivision (North Ridge Estates in Southington, CT 06489) is not putting the new street addresses in your system so sales can set up the new service appointments. As I went thru this process it seemed very clear to me that this new construction/no address issue is a common occurrence and well known by the sales staff in your organization. You also have a problem with your staff returning phone calls and e-mail status update requests. This problem is very frustrating since other people in this subdivision do already have Cox services and it also took them 4-8 weeks after moving in to get an installation appointment.

I am retired but during my working career I was a COO and a CFO in two different companies. If sales told me that this problem existed and new revenue dollars was not being realized and even jeopardized because engineering was not doing their job, I would have addressed this condition immediately and rectified the problem quickly and effectively. To be fair, I must also tell you that I called again today and was connected to a Rebecca @ 757-224-9391 ticket # **. She was outstanding in trying to rectify this problem for me. She gave me her direct line and e-mail address and told me to check with her on the status of this situation anytime I wanted to. She said she would try to get my problem resolved because she has had experience dealing with several similar situations.

In my opinion, Rebecca is someone Cox does not want to lose because she has outstanding customer service skills and she can easily and effectively relate to the customer and their concerns. I felt for the first time, in this month long process, that someone in Cox is really trying to resolve this problem. As an fyi, I was a Cox customer for over 25 years prior to selling our previous home in September, 2015 and this experience has completely changed my opinion of Cox services. Thank you in advance for your attention on this matter.

I am so tired of monthly increases when I am told that I am locked in since I call to complain the month before. I have been with them for over 13 years. Now having to pay an extra 2.99 per month per tv for HD. I feel that they can give those boxes as a good gesture and not charge for them. I am retired and it is getting to the point where I am going to have to cut them off and go somewhere else. Cox has no consideration for its customers and it is all about money. I wish they would take notice of all these reviews and make it right.

I do not like writing bad reviews but I am extremely upset with Cox and decided that I should share my experience with others. I have been a Cox "valued customer" for 3 years. In May of 2016 Cox contractor tech came to my house to install a cable TV for my and while he working by the cable box out the side of my house he left a 3 cable splitters on the grass and left the next day. I cut my grass and when I got to the spot where he left the splitters which is I didn't see them until one of them went inside my lawn mower deck and damaged my lawn mower engine so I called Cox and made claim. NO one called.

I called them 6 times. Nothing until October I got called from some sorry women who work for American Cable (Cox sub-contractor). She asked me if I still have the lawn mower. I told her “No I throw it away because I was tired of look at it.” First she offer me $50. I told her no because I paid $350+tax at Home Depot for this lawn mower so she said “Let me call you back and I will let you know.” Then she called me after a week saying that she denied my claim because I don't have the lawn mower but I told her I have the pictures and the splitters. She said no.

We have one mini box already and just wanted to add a second one. You would think that would be easy enough but the Cox web store is pathetic. After logging in and going to the 'add TV equipment' tab, the store shows the option to add everything but a mini box. This is different than what I was told by the chatroom rep.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1962, Cox Cable serves more than 6.2 million residential customers each year. As the first cable company to offer business-centric products, it also offers businesses paid TV, telephone and Internet services.

• Take control of more than just the TV: Cox offers the service, Homelife, which allows users to remotely set the thermostat, turn lights on and off, and lock or unlock doors.
  • Low-cost solutions: Cox offers television, telephone and Internet services bundled at comparably low prices.
  • 24/7 support: There is no scheduled downtime for Cox Cable technical support. Tech support is available day or night.
  • Custom programming bundles: Instead of paying for unwanted content, Cox allows subscribers to customize their channel bundles, which includes programming like extra movie content or in-depth sports coverage.
  • Bundle services: Cox bundles high-speed Internet, digital phone service and digital cable services.
  • Best for Businesses who provide entertainment to customers, households on a budget or staff members and customers with special interests.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers