Cox Cable

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

First off all my service with COX has been HELL since I started with them. I was told deposit of 67.00 for to start service but I was told 150.00 by a rep once I called with a different issue. Cox has added fees and unknown charges to my account since I started making my bill almost 200.00 each month. I've been on maternity leave and I needed a courtesy of just a few more days to make a payment in full. The agent in collections was so nasty and rude, wasn't customer friendly whatsoever and refused to help and chastised me about not paying my bills in full but making half payments here and there, regardless bill was still being paid. COX is a horrible service I will never use again and I do not recommend. I'll be damned paying 200 a month for basic cable and internet. ** COX. COME GET THIS ** EQUIPMENT.

Cox has been monthly raising rates on every part of our bundle. Now I see that they offer the same things I receive in my so called "bundle" but call it a different bundle name for $40 dollars less and will not let me change to this package. Been with this company 12 years. How dare them? They are a very very Corp. business... "None for all and all for them."

We set up a simple internet service account with Cox in Gainesville, FL. All was good until the end of the promotion, which was NEVER discussed in the account setup discussions. The price per month doubled. We called and were told that everything goes increases in cost like that, so don't worry about it, it is normal. We also were told that we could not qualify for another promotion because we were existing customers. Since our Gainesville home is a second home, we were ready to cancel and they suggested that we put the account on "vacation" at $5.99 per month, and when we return to Florida we can simply take the best promotion and they will turn on the internet again.

We paid six months and yesterday I called to find out what the new promotional rate would be. Then, and only then, they told me that the promotional rate was $2 less than the rate they were raising it to prior to wasting the $36. And, no, we can't get another promotion because we are already customers. They transferred me to "account rescue" and I got another runaround, but not anything close to a significant discount.

I closed the account and enrolled with a competitor at half what Cox wanted, which is a promotion rate for non-customers that will last a year... then we will play their game and go another provider for a new promotion time, then switch when that is up. I refuse to twice as much because I am a "loyal" customer. Cox internet service was ok, but their customer service is slick, telling you half truths and leading you into spending more than you wanted. Don't need that. Cox is officially on my list to NEVER again do business with!

It has happened to me couple of times. Every few months, for example, before March 2016, Cox increased my Internet bill without notifying me. When I called and complained, they refunded me the difference of the months they overcharged me. Then in October 2016, they increased again. I didn't notice that until this time, they increased the bill one more time in March. I don't want to keep calling to complain and ask for a refund. I am ready to disconnect to service. There are other better companies with better ethic than this one.

In the last 3 months, my bill has gone from 289 to over 525 a month, and it is totally ridiculous that we can't get other services because of them, something with the rules that another cable provider can't come into a arena. Totally crap. I think that is what they call a Monopoly!!! Quality hasn't changed in much in over 5 years but billing has gone sky high. Internet speeds went from 250 meg to 500 meg and the bill went from 49.95 to 129.95 and for what. Still slow speeds and equipment that is 2 to 5 years old. Come on get real Cox!!!

This is total BS, but yet the Cox supplies the stadium with this big elaborate system to televise the game over the internet and yet homeowners have to put up with old equipment and slow internet speeds and same old tv service that went out in the 80's!!! I have the HD channels and yet there is no difference in the HD channels versus the standard channels. The only thing different is the price. I'm so fed up with Cox I can't see straight. So tired of the high prices and poor quality tv channels!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

I rely on streaming movies and online gaming for my entertainment, so when it comes to choosing an cable/internet service package, I prefer 45 mbps or better without any cable channels. Anything I want to view is easily found on Netflix, or in my DVD collection. My first year with Cox was decent. When I lived in Buffalo, NY, Time Warner was far better, but Cox was a decent alternative for when I relocated to San Diego, CA. I didn't want the cable channels, but it came with the internet package with the high-speed internet at a price that I was okay with, so I stuck with it.

A year later, my monthly bill doubled. I called Cox to make adjustments to the service plan, because if I wasn't going to watch cable TV, then there was no reason to pay that much more money for it. The Cox customer service rep had explained to me that my first year with their services came at an introductory rate, and that even if I changed the plan to high-speed internet only, it would still cost a little more than what I was used to per month, and talked me into keeping basic cable in my package, seeing as how it was only a monthly difference of $5, which I was okay with. Shortly after, I suffered greatly from connectivity issues. I had to give up on online gaming altogether, after just buying a $1200 computer to enjoy it on. I was still able to stream online movies, but I noticed more buffering pauses than I did before these changes were made to my services package.

All this while, I had thought that it was simply my geographic location, as there are spots around the building in which my cell phone wasn't capable of connecting. This changed when I moved into my new residence across town just yesterday. A Cox field technician visited to get me set up, but he when he attempted to test my internet quality, he said, and I quote, that my service package "wasn't provisioned correctly". I asked if this meant that I had been paying for 50 mbps while only getting 15 mbps, at which point, he suggested that my router may require replacement. He then offered to help me move some of my furniture from the U-Haul truck outside, which basically told me that he was trying to avoid a confrontation as best he could, which I can understand.

This morning, I attempted to speak with a Cox representative via their online chat forum, and when I addressed the issue, the chat rep told me that the area was experiencing outages. When I asked if these outages can last to up to five months (since my service changed in September), the rep told me that it was best to send a field technician to examine further. The field technician was just at my new residence yesterday, and this online chat rep simply didn't have a canned response to that.

I could tell that she was filling the chat window with default text and scripts that related to my questions. She then asked if I had any other questions, and did not give me adequate time to respond. She quickly closed the chat, and I was prompted to participate in a survey. I expressed my frustrations, but at the end of the day, I'm still paying top dollar for bottom-level service, and there are no other cable services providers that operate within this neighborhood.

I don't know WHAT happened to this company, but I originally was with them in '87 to '11. When I moved back & got reconnected, EVERYTHING went wrong from day one. Was not given the correct bundle that I was promised & I called EVERY month for the 1st 3 months. Well, they ended up charging me almost $30 more than what I was promised, but then, after 3 months, the bill inches up 10.00 or so & they have no answer. I was supposed to get gift card of $200 but they had some ridiculous reason why I missed out on that. I finally was able to get that toward my bill. Then the 1st yr of promotion ends & right before, they connected me to "loyalty" dept to see about getting bill dropped.

They guaranteed it was be $158.11 for next yr & I even had them connect me to billing to make sure they were on same page, as this price ALWAYS is different... and they did, $158.11 for next yr... within 2 wks, my bill went to $204.24! These people are cruel, relentless, money hungry, dishonest, etc. I cannot wait till my next yr is up. NEVER NEVER NEVER go with these people. I used to really like them. Directv is 100% better than they are. Now here is the final straw...I had been arguing & trying to deal w/ them for 2 days. We finally agree to numerous different things, one being that the $8.50 HD box would be taken out of bedroom & replaced w/ the mini box, meaning just basic.

The guy would be out the next morning 8:00 AM. I go to bed, & no service. They disconnected it, even tho I still had my box! They refused to reconnect because that would make the deal I made w/ "loyalty" null & void & I'd have to deal with them all over again in the morning!!! I cannot believe this company. I have been on the phone w/ them at least every month about something & then it's always 45 min to an hr. How can we start a class action lawsuit with these people. I know my blood pressure was sky rocketing. I'm on a budget (retired) & they could care less. I thought I was going to have a heart attack!!!

As a 63 old retired individual went to Cox Cable and requested the basic cheapest service I could afford. They placed in a 2 year $86.00 a month. I bill went up to high $80, then low $90, then 96, then 97, and finally to $117. All within a year. After calling and visiting the store on tropical ave, in Las Vegas. They kept blaming the person that handle the account last. After putting in complaint with the BBB, a representative from Arizona called and said after reviewing the account he was going to waive the increase and that the was going to stay at $97 for the remaining of the contract.

The bill for the next month $97.00. The following month back $117. Went back to store the manager told me. "You didn't get the service here cause the store wasn't open a year ago". Lied. Even after showing him the receipt. He told me, "these are your choices channel 1 thru 19, for same money. Or keep the service you have for $150 a month". No respect. And yes I'm in the process of another BBB complaint. These is the worst cable service I had since cable TV was invented. People stay away from this terrible service. You will save a lot of brain cells.

I had Internet & phone services with Cox and was very satisfied. So when I moved on Aug 29th 2015, I was offered a 2 Year Bundle which included the Sports Package. Nowhere (I have the contract I signed) was I informed that the price would increase after 1 Year. I was paying $107.24 but after September 2015 the price went up to $128.53, was given $10 credit and told it would only be $10 extra for the package. However come October/November it went up to $141.90 and I was rudely told on the phone that "Cox could not negotiate a contract with the NFL". Really with Arthur Blank on their Board that sounds odd. Since I cannot cancel my contract I am now stuck paying $ 141.90. The reason I am filing this complaint today is that I saw an ad for a two year contract in the AAA magazine again not mentioning that the Sports package can change. There is no proper disclosure to the Consumer.

I have had nothing but issues with this company since I signed up with them. I got the cable, phone & internet bundle. I was told I would be receiving at least 20 channels that I "conveniently" never received. Had to call customer service & fix it, they tried to charge me more for it. Finally fixed it after 5 phone calls & speaking to several managers. My other huge problem is billing. I have always paid through the automated system & seemed to have no issues. January 13th I made a payment, they didn't take the fees out until 3 weeks later after sending me a confirmation number saying it had been paid. They over drafted my bank account by $80 because they tried taking a payment out 3 times. Then added other charges to my account in the meantime. Now they say I owe them $400.

They wouldn't help me out at all & all they said was that they could submit a form to have the charges taken off, but yet they want me to pay the past due amount to "avoid disconnecting services." I was in the phone with a representative, transferred several times & then hung up on when transferred to collections. Needless to say, I WILL be switching services & I'm sure anybody is better than Cox. Please think twice before signing up with them.

I have been with Cox Communications on and off for years. Off when I moved out the State or Country for work. I came back with Cox Feb 1, 2016. Always pay my bills on time. My husband passed April 27, 2016. I soon moved to another location. Again paid my bill, returned my equipment from previous location. I called to reconnect. Got me hooked up within a week. Paying my bills with them soon as I get them. I was viewing my credit report!! Bam! Says I owe Cox $62.00. No way. I brought the equipment back and called them telling them I currently am a customer. When I shut off service at last location I brought equipment in, paid my final bill. They couldn't understand why if I didn't bring the equipment back it would only be $62.00. I said exactly one point.

The next point is I called and got service in a new location. Explained my husband had passed. Everything. Told them the day I returned the equipment they were showing Muhammad Ali's funeral on their tv's as I waited for help with customer service. I even went into detail why would COX put me back on with an account if I was not in good standing. They would have made me or any customer pay if they owed a bill of any sort. Cox has been known to do this return of rental equipment to many many people. That actually return their equipment and months later find on their credit report they owe over $700.00. This has been a problem for many Cox customers. My problem is I pay my bills, I like many returns my equipment. Mine is suspicious due to the fact they are trying to claim I owe $62.00 which is very cheap for their equipment not being returned. Which it was returned.

I will dispute and fight Cox for one reason. I do not owe them. I returned my equipment. I have ask them to get their security surveillance. The day I brought the equipment back. ACCORDING to Cox they are trying to do that but it takes time!! Really 7 months, and they are in the security business???? Wow. Cox sucks. I am sorry to say I pay them between $189.00 and $203.00 per month as I speak. Every month. But why would they allow me service if I owed an equipment bill. According to them they can't answer that.

I am looking into another reputable company that can provide service. Cox sucks in billing wrong bills. Cox service sucks. Where I live there aren't many options. Soon as I can find another service. Go to hell Cox. You take people's money and lie. Oh by the way Cox has problems all the time. Tonight for example everything is on an outage. Gave me time to tell the truth about my life with Cox... Please people this company does many many people wrong. Some of us as me have no other choice at the moment. Please tell your story about your Bad experience with Cox.

BAD SALESMANSHIP - POOR zero STAR rating... MISINFORMATION.. LYING... Recently, initiated a vacation suspend service disconnect, following several days circumstance changed to reconnect original service, when the guy at the Cox onsite location advised me that Frontier phone no longer is providing phone service, and that I needed to switch to cox phones, and that package included internet, etc. Well the entire sales pitch is a bunch of lying crap... Frontier is still in business, commission sales trying to make a buck on a 93 year old... Cox your sales staff needs retraining, no longer will be using cox.

I am so sick of dealing with Cox Cable! They are money hungry and do not care about their customers whatsoever. My bill goes up every couple of months. I've asked if there's anything I can do about this and I'm always assured that I am getting the best rate possible. I don't understand why I have to pay more money every couple of months for the exact same service. I only subscribe to Internet and phone and it's now up to $125 a month and steadily rising. That's only the midgrade Internet and phone with no extra options on it. Ridiculous! What has really set me off though is the fact that we recently moved to a new address and I had the service transferred. The house we moved into was already cable ready so Cox did not even need to come out and install anything. They were able to do everything from the office with the push of a button. All I had to do was move my equipment and plug it in.

Well I got the bill today and the bill is $222. There was a one time fee of $100 plus another $25 for surcharges, taxes and fees. I was told that there would be a "small" one time fee would appear on my bill for the move, but I had no idea that it would be $100 along with another $25 worth of BS surcharges and fees. $100 is not a "small" fee to me, but I guess it is to Cox. We get our TV through DirecTV and they sent a technician out to install the satellite and set up all of our equipment completely free of charge after the move - yet Cox is charging $125 for pushing a freaking button! First thing tomorrow morning I am going to see what my other options are for Internet and phone. I am really sick of dealing with this money hungry company. They screw people out of their hard-earned money left and right and don't lose an ounce of sleep over it. I wish another company would come in and run them straight out of business!

I absolutely had to write about how Cox cable has its subscriber choking from high cost and poor customer service. I can't count how many times my service has been disrupted with no apparent reason, and what's worse, they can't seem to determine why. I've been a customer for 21 years and I can't take it anymore. My bill is steady going up! New customers pay less than I do!

I called Cox and requested assistance in lower my bill and the only thing I got in return is maybe you should turn in some mini boxes and let the only channel my husband like go to reduce cost. They really value their customers uh! I've put up with higher cost, rude workers and poor quality tv. It is my wish that people should avoid Cox cable at all cost. You certainly don't get what you are paying for. I'm going through a rough patch right now and I only wanted assistance to help cut cost - but they could care less, 20+ years customer and never miss a payment. I put a lot into them, but nothing into the customer.

Do your research before signing a contract with these jerks. I signed up for the bundle (phone, internet and cable) way back in June. Right from the start it hasn't worked right and the customer service is abysmal. I come home from work the first week to collections calls from Cox threatening to shut off my service for non-payment of the previous customer that had the recycled number. When I called them back on the Cox phone I was asked to call them back from a landline because the connection was so bad. At which point I explained it was the Cox landline. I was also informed I would need to speak to collections about having the number removed from the collections list. This process can only be compared to the Inquisition. You would think they would remove the number from their collections list before recycling the number. But alas, that would be good customer service.

The internet, cable and phone seldom all work. We have had multiple techs out and the house rewired. It still doesn't work. I called today because I am seriously tired of paying so much money to watch pixelated shows, a phone no one can hear me on and rings nonstop with collection calls for the previous customer and no internet and 2 service calls with no show technicians. Today I have been transferred 3x, got yet another guy to "reset" the box as if that is the problem. He tells me to hold on the line so he can transfer me to billing for a credit. I sat on hold for 39 minutes and the call disconnected. If Verizon were available this would have been disconnected in July. We will investigate alternatives to this abusive monopoly.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I have had a terrible experience with bundling with DirecTV and am back to Cox Cable. I wish I had never left them. Their price may be a bit higher, but at least you get the services. DirecTV did not provide me with all the services.

E. of Scottsdale, AZ on

Original Review

I have had Cox Cable for 20 years, including their bundle, and I finally have arranged to switch to DirecTV bundle for approximately $50 less per month than Cox plus I will be given a $150 gift card to Walmart. When I called Cox to arrange a discontinue date for all Cox services, Chevella of Cox was polite but very insistent to keep me and try to match the DirecTV price. Couldn’t do it no matter how she did figures and deals, and could only reduce the monthly amount by $10 and she admitted she can’t offer a gift card. She immediately began to read off a script about the negatives of DirecTV (and it was obvious she was reading from a script) and I finally stopped her and said DirecTV notified me of all of that, and I have already signed a contract with them. She said oh and in a few seconds began the negative script about the 2 year fee that I would have to pay DirecTV if I canceled, and at that time I quoted her the price I would have to pay for that cancellation.

That seemed to stop the negative script. I felt like Cox didn’t realize that they also provide contracts to customers that have cancellation clauses too. She wanted to know why I was cancelling and I told her that Cox is not competitive price-wise with other companies and they should be providing better deals to keep their long-time customers. She indignantly said Cox is certainly competitive (and I had just proved to her that Cox was NOT competitive with at least DirecTV).

By that time I was just wanting the discontinuation of services and to set the date for the termination of services. I have the switch effective from both Cox and DirecTV scheduled for the beginning of next month and I’m hoping that the DirecTV bundle will work out because price-wise it is so much cheaper than Cox. I know I’m a senior, but don’t use a script about other companies as a sales trick to try to keep customers, and it is about time for Cox to be honest that they also have cancellation of contract clauses and not to be indignant when someone answers politely why they are switching from Cox.

Years ago we had Cox & seemed like every month the bill was more. So we gave At&t/U-verse a try. It was fine but the internet seemed to be getting slower so thought we would try Cox after hearing they had improved. Big mistake! Compared to Cox At&t/U-verse is like the difference between the 1st & last in a marathon. Since starting in April 2016 with Cox it has been one problem after another. The DVR will not record by "all episodes" except for about 4 programs & even then it may not record all of them. It has to be done one episode at a time & it will occasionally record a program from another channel that was not selected. Now it stops recording before the end of the show. I did double check everything including extending the time period for the start & stop, enough space & no conflicting recordings.

Did call numerous times but always get the same. Reset this, reset that. After doing the same thing each time, it obviously is not going to help the next 5 times either! AT&T would have already replaced the box the 1st time. Also the internet is extremely slow most of the time & is very erratic. Was not informed of their voice mail account but finally figured it out when not receiving all messages on the home VM. All I am waiting for is my husband to choose from other options but if not by today, I WILL choose!

As I read the other complaints about the customer service level of Cox, I realize I am not alone with the frustration I have with Cox. Back in November 2016, Verizon was soliciting for our business. We have been a customer with Cox for over 20 years. We called Cox and asked if our monthly bill could be reduced since the Verizon offer for new clients was significantly lower. They told us they wanted to keep our business and quoted us a reduced rate over the phone. My husband quoted the monthly fee back to the customer service rep and verified the amount.

Since our monthly payments are automatic it took until January to realize we were not receiving the new rate. We experienced a runaround when contacting customer service by the rep attempting to review our service and recommend service cuts to get the monthly fees down and could not reconcile to the earlier quoted fee. I talked to several reps and continued to get the same answer. We kept asking for a supervisor which they ignored the request. The rep checked the service order from Nov and said a change request of services was entered but no indication of adjusted reduced fees and that reps do not have the authority to guarantee the reduced rate. Either the Nov rep was not competent or just wanted to get us off the phone.

Finally our stress level (mainly my wife) escalated to anger and demanded to talk to a supervisor because we know the support calls are recorded. If they quoted us a price they should honor it. Of course no luck getting one to the phone. I guess they are exempt from talking to consumers. We were told we would get a callback within 72 hours but guess what? A week has passed and no response. I honestly think Cox has gotten too big and arrogant to care about their customers specifically home accounts. They need to realize people with home accounts work in corporations and some of those people are responsible to make the decisions to utilize Cox as a service provider for the corporation. We are moving to Verizon.

Every month I pay my bill at Cox. Every month the due date changes with a previous charge added after I have paid my bill then I have to call as always to talk to them about being over charged and also 2 different due dates and one in red that says account past due when I paid it and I know I paid it because I mail the bill from the post office. I have been with Cox for more than 8 yrs. now and they know this and everyone I talked to says that Cox done them the same way.

I am really mad right now so I will end this now but there is so much more I would like to add. But last I would like to say that, There has got to be some way that these crooks will have to go to jail for ripping off the elderly and disabled and the American people who work so hard for what they have and for crooks like this to create false statements should be punishable by law. I will end with this... Does anybody out there know any reasonable tv internet phone providers other than Cox or AT&T? They are another story... but Cox knows that they are the only ones in certain areas so they pull this kind of legal/illegal billing on Americans the has got to change or else.

On Friday, Jan 13 at 10 at night Cox Cable came out to my backyard to fix some problem with their box and when they did that my phone service was cut. I live with my 89 year old grandma who is disabled and during the day she is home alone while I work. We have called every day since the phone was cut and they all say that this is a top priority and it will be fixed asap. Here it is Tuesday night and still no service. I just called Cox and talked to a rude person and he said they will be out tomorrow and there is nothing else he can do. He argued with me non-stop about the phone service being cut on Friday night and wouldn't take ownership of his company's wrongdoing.

So Cox does not care about their elderly disabled people. Cox has cocky people that work for them and doesn't care that a disabled 89 year old doesn't have service. If there is an emergency my grandmother does not have a phone to use. She does not have a cell phone because she has home service. If the Cox workers had not come to my backyard on Friday to fix something, we would still have home phone service. I'm lost for words and don't know when they will come out to fix the problem they caused.

I live in Eureka Springs, AR and this entire town is being held hostage, so to speak, by Cox Cable. Our town has no other choices for internet providers and Cox Cable knows it, so they don't feel like they have to do anything to change the horrible connections here. Our internet and everyone else's in this town goes out up to 14 times a day. Credit card machines don't work, internet goes down, everything is sluggish at best when it is working. They could spend the money to fix it, but since they have no competitors here, they won't. Local businesses go hours without being able to use their credit card machines on a daily basis. Everywhere you go here you can hear tales of woe about the evil tyrant Cox. Definitely one of the worst companies I've ever encountered.

Automatic bill pay is a JOKE with Cox!! Payment was set up to be deducted 01/06, as 01/09 2 payments of the same amount (totaling over $1,000) was deducted and as of today 01/16 payment has not posted and they interrupted my service!!! When I call to advise they told me I would have to send a copy of my bank statement showing the deductions. OK no problem, but then tells me it can take up to 5-7 business days to complete research and then another 5-7 to have ADDITIONAL DEDUCTION credited back to MY account, until then service cannot be restored!!! I'm beyond livid, and hate that they are the only internet provider in my area!!! I'm definitely leaving them this time!!!

Once again Cox increased my bill for an internet/tv/phone bundle. I go through this billing increase on an average of once/3 months. This time I spoke to the both a customer service agent and a "loyalty" program customer service rep (we have been with Cox for 31 years) and they were adamant that there is nothing they can do other than downgrade my services. I feel that Cox has downgraded their services already. My internet is slow (technician confirmed after modem reset) and some of the TV channels that we used to have are no longer aired on Cox.

It is a shame I have to leave Cox but since AT&T has moved into my area, I get can get better services, phone with voicemail, fiber optic internet, all of the premium channels, and a $200 gift certificate (I have my cell phone with AT&T) for less money for 24 month contract. I confirmed prices with AT&T. I called Cox again and asked when the best time is to put in the disconnect notice, they gave me the date. They said "goodbye", not even a cursory "sorry that you are leaving Cox". If Cox does not do something in the customer retention arena they will not survive the competition.

COX TV, internet and phone services are way too expensive. They have monopoly in Louisiana and can do whatever they want and they do: every 6 months "promotion" expires and prices are going up on average 15%. This is white collar gangsterism, not business. No other company is so consistently increasing prices for their services as Cox. Is there way to stop them and who can do this? Thanks.

While waiting for Jerry Seinfeld to go from one show to the next. There was seven minutes of the remaining show that was used for various advertisement. Then when the next show came on, there was another three minutes of advertisement before that new show came on. Then another seven minutes of advertisement before that was over. The fact is seventeen minutes out of twenty see advertisement. This took place on the twelfth of January, 2017 at 5:30 PM. I realize that advertisement is necessary for expensive necessities, but enough is enough!! Is there a guide to limit by law and if so please give me the information.

Last week I made a payment arrangement with Cox to pay 269.00 to continue my service. It's high due to return check which I've never argued about as that my fault. My social security hit once a month. They took the 269.00 payment, turned off my service an hour after the payment was made. Now are holding my account hostage until I pay another 215?!? So you make a payment arrangement with a customer then take the payment and turn off the service! What kind of payment arrangement is that? I've never in my life had a company lie to me to get a payment. Then they take it, turn off my service and tell me I have to pay 215 then I have to wait 10 days to have services turned back on? Is this the way companies trick you into a payment then hold your account hostage?

I am 55 and live in the Seattle area. My folks live in San Diego and are in their 80's. I help them with their TV programming as my Father is hard of hearing and my Mother has dementia. I signed them up for Cox service protection $6.99 per month in Nov 2016 which covers service calls on all equipment. Shortly after that they needed some help programming a remote. One month later I get a call from my Dad saying Cox had cancelled CBS and my Mother was having a panic attack from not being able to see her shows (Price is Right/Let's make a Deal).

If you have ever seen the movie (Rain Man) you know what I mean. I called Cox to see what was going on and they told me it was because of negotiations and if I don't like it to switch carriers. So we switched to AT&T and upon closing my Dad's account they charged a $75.00 fee for closing the account within 3 months of enrolling him in their service plan. I don't know how these corporate millionaires sleep at night taking advantage of people with no respect to anyone!! I have never felt so powerless against something I knew was abuse of power and wrongful billing by a Mega Giant!! SHAME ON YOU!!!

A month ago I moved to an existing house and wanted to transfer my Cox cable/internet to my new house. I have now had 5 technicians come out in a month and they have all told me that I need a new underground cable to be placed under the street. I don't need to be told the same thing 5 times. I just need it done. The city permit has been approved so that isn't the hang-up. There is absolutely no accountability. Of all those technicians, apparently no one actually placed the work order. I have been told 4 times that they will "escalate" it. I've never been so frustrated before!!!

I originally wanted to determine if switching to the package deal of internet/phone/cable and Homelife would be more economical. We called to determine and they assured us of no hidden charges. When the technician came to install it, he had no idea of what he was supposed to do. Then he added on extra features that were not in the Plan. A camera that was not covered in the cost, more Cable channels etc. We tried for 2 months to figure out why the bill was so much and kept getting comments that they were still working on it. After calling for 2 months, they tell us that there is an additional service charge for the camera, more for the additional channels and also hidden installation charges. I regret opening the letter with the deal. If I had not, then I would never be stuck with such a raw deal from COX. After two years will never go back to them... Very disappointed customer.

I am very very upset with your cable technician Stephen ** from Pensacola, Florida. He went to my wife's house to install cable and internet. He was extremely rude. Actually cussed at her. Then when he left 200 dollars was missing from her purse. I cannot tell you how furious I am. I told my wife to contact you about this. It is serious but she is afraid to. This guy creeped her out that bad. I hope you get rid of him. He doesn't need to be in people's houses not to mention he did a crappy job. She has to call and have someone come back out.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers