Cox Cable

Cox Cable
Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Cox is a digital cable, telecommunications and home automation service provider. Cox offers packages and deals that you can customize based on your needs. Bundle prices start at $89.99 a month.

BOTTOM LINE

Cox offers several cable-only and internet-cable bundle packages suitable for most customers. Costs can get high on bigger bundle packages, but Cox has many attractive introductory offers.

PROS

• Multiple plan options
  • Compatible with streaming apps
  • Bundle cable, internet and home phone

CONS

• Rates often increase after intro period

Top Cox Cable Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

Our research of various providers found that COX has the best cost, reliability, service, programs and voice-activated program selection. Their follow up service is exceptional and leaves nothing to guess for customers. Without a doubt COX has been the best overall reliable provider that we have eve

Have had very few TV issues over the 30 years of service. Customer service has been great helping me resolve all issues with most of them being resolved with a reboot. The only issue I have is the cost. At $196 per month, I feel this is very high. I wish they had a discount for seniors and long time

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Cox cable packages

Cox offers several options for cable TV, including cable-only options and plans that bundle cable with internet, home phone and smart home automation. If you’re looking for television service, you can choose between traditional cable TV and Cox Contour, which includes additional integration for streaming apps.

Cox Contour

Cox Contour offers a more robust channel lineup and additional features not included in Cox’s basic TV plans.

With Cox Contour, you can use apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube to stream additional content. You still need to have an account with these services to access the content — the subscriptions are not included in the price of Contour. Contour simply allows you to access the apps from your cable TV connection and standard remote instead of switching to an external app like a Fire Stick or Roku.

Cox Contour subscriptions also include popular channels like ESPN, Discovery, History, A&E, TNT and HGTV.

Cox cable plans

For cable-only plans, customers can choose between the TV starter package or the Cox Contour TV package. All packages include local channels, free HD programming and access to the Contour and TV Everywhere apps.

Cox TV StarterCox Contour TV
Starting cost$25/month$69.99/month
Channels75140+
On-screen apps including Netflix
Voice remote with universal search
Cox TV Starter$25/month75
Cox Contour TV$69.99/month140+

Cox pricing

Prices for Cox Cable start as low as $25 a month but can exceed $200 a month depending on the package you select. Cox offers two basic plans:

• TV Starter is Cox’s basic cable package. It includes around 75 channels and costs $25 a month.
  • Contour TV is Cox’s highly customizable cable package. You can customize it with premium channels, channel packs geared to your specific tastes and DVR recording for up to 24 shows at once. Contour TV starts at $69.99 a month.

Cox cable bundles

If you’re looking to bundle service, you may be able to save some money. Bundle packages start as low as $75 per month and have introductory rates ranging from $75 to $180 per month. Plans can include cable, internet, home phone and home automation.

Cox cable and internet bundles

Bundle CostInternetPhoneHome Automation
Cox Bronze, 140+ channels$109.99Up to 150 MbpsUnlimited long distance
Cox Silver, 170+ channels$129.99Up to 500 MbpsUnlimited long distance
Cox Platinum, 250+ channels$179.99Up to 940 MbpsUnlimited long distance
Bundle Cost$55.98$75.98$135.98$64.99$89.99$159.99$109.99$129.99$179.99
CableContour StreamContour StreamContour StreamCox TV Starter, 75+ channelsCox Bronze, 140+ ChannelsCox Platinum, 250+ channelsCox Bronze, 140+ channelsCox Silver, 170+ channelsCox Platinum, 250+ channels
InternetInternet Essential 50Internet Preferred 150Internet GigablastUp to 10 MbpsUp to 150 MbpsUp to 940 MbpsUp to 150 MbpsUp to 500 MbpsUp to 940 Mbps
PhoneUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distanceUnlimited long distance
Home Automation

Cox Cable FAQ

Is Cox Cable available in my area?
Cox cable is available in Arkansas, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Missouri, North Carolina, Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island and Virginia.
Does Cox charge late fees?
Yes. If you make a late payment, you are subject to a fee of up to $25.
What premium channels does Cox offer?
Cox’s highest-tier plan offers more than 250 channels. A full list can be found on the company’s website, but popular channels include ESPN, A&E, Discovery, History and HGTV. Cox also has premium movie channels included in some packages, such as HBO, Showtime and Starz.
What are Cox TV bundles?
A bundle is when two or more services are combined into one package for a customer. Cox lets you bundle cable with internet, home phone and/or home automation. Bundling services together often comes at a reduced rate.
Are there ever Cox TV deals?
Cox regularly offers special introductory rates. These special rates usually last for the first 12 months of your service and typically require a contract commitment. Prices can, and usually do, go up after the lock-in rate term expires.

Is Cox Cable good?

Cox is one of the nation’s leading providers of cable and internet. It’s widely available in many states and can be a solid choice for your TV needs. We recommend looking at all the packages available to decide what level of package you truly need or want before signing a contract. Snagging an introductory deal is a great way to get affordable service for a 12-month period, but be aware that this price will change. Don’t be afraid to call and renegotiate your bill after the introductory period has ended.

Cox Cable Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox Cable?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

In my location, Spectrum and AT&T were available only so spectrum was much superior than at&t by far in overall. Despite its best, sometimes there was slow internet issues and regularly shut out on both internet and cable which frustrated. Local store was the best and great customer service and assistance.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Generally, the services provided are well priced and efficient. The most problematic issue has been download/upload speeds that do not match what you are actually paying for though the small print does indicate that it depends on the area. The most positive aspect is actual service as I have had their technician came out was very good at working with me to maximize speeds during covid. He talked me thru the process and provided new parts (modem/booster) through the sliding glass doors. Greatly appreciated his efforts and positive attitude.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Would not give a five due to difficulty getting through, I know all of this is going to be blamed on the virus, all the cable company does is send you the bill. They have no loyalty program to speak of and they never or almost never send you any information informing you that the promotion that you have signed up for is about to expire, you find this out when you get the next bill and your amount due doubles or triples.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Living here in Las Vegas, COX is the only one better to have and their WIFI Internet is very reliable. Although the prices they have are expensive and so every 6 months or so I call their Loyalty Dept. If they have any good deals. I always suggest that prices for Retired Seniors including Veterans should be affordable.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

Very happy with Cox. Always willing to assist me when I have an issue about something. The technicians are well trained and eager to assist. I have been a customer for 20+ years....and would never consider changing. Friends of mine have other companies and are always complaining. I have nothing to complain about...Very satisfied with Cox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

We moved to AZ about a year ago and decided to use Cox for our Internet and TV service. Since that point in time we have nothing but issues with their phone customer service for Internet issues and TV reception. For example: Today, January 14th 2021, I called to ask why for the past month, between the hrs of 10:30am and 11am we lose our Internet connection. The person I spoke with couldn't understand my question/issue possibly due to the fact he didn't speak American English very well. He ended up hanging up on me.

We also have had issues with their Third Party vendor service when I have asked for a TV technician to come to our home to review our various connections and boxes being used. In my opinion these Third Party vendors have very little experience; I have asked a couple of them about their experience with Cox and they said they only had been hired and trained recently, so they had very little field experiences to assist them with their review and completion of work I requested. Apparently Cox is the only game in town for high speed Internet service. I would think the Phoenix area would have more competition for this type of service for people living in the area. Everyone reading this review....Stay Safe out there!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

The service is horrible. My internet goes down at least 4x a day! You call for assistance and the rep will always read the same script, unplug your modem, restart your modem, reinstall your apps. Then will ask did this help? No as I have to do this every day and it is so annoying. Then the rates are increased while the service has decreased. They won’t come out to check the lines unless they Show an Outage AND!! when there is an Outage they don’t inform us Customers. The service is HORRIBLE!! It’s really bad when the surrounding neighborhoods will ask on an app if anyone's having issues with COX! We all say YESSSS!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Quality of product and content is good. Big issue is that rates continue to go up. In order to keep your expense in line, you must give up something. Recommendation is to always ask for promotions and when they expire, renegotiate!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

It's terribly expensive and service is terrible. It gets disrupted often and they give us old equipment. We are cancelling our service for Roku. Our bill is going from over $300 a month to $70 and our service is better.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Cox provides a very reliable service. Their customer service is very nice, they try going above and beyond to help customers. We get our internet/phone/cable service with 99% uptime. We are using this company for a little more than 22 years.

Cox Cable Company Information