Cox Cable

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

When we moved out temporarily for a year, we were promised by Cox a voicemail box and our number to be kept intact, which I need for my business, and so I can have the same service after I come back in a year. Instead, they completely disconnected the service, and did not even put a voice message with a number change or anything. I lost a lots of business opportunities, and it messed up my contact info I sent out everywhere, etc. Numerous calls to customer and tech support did not result in anything. They always promised to resolve the issue in 24 or 48 hours and have it back, but nothing ever happened. What a bunch of incompetent morons!

I remember, when establishing the service, it took them over a year to have our phone and internet running without glitches. AND THEY ARE SO EXPENSIVE! They should be sued by the federal government or have a class action lawsuit on behalf of consumers and put out of business (or better yet to jail)! And I will at least try to take them to court myself.

We have had Cox telephone, internet and TV for over 4 years, and are supposedly premier customers. Our neighbor inadvertently cut our Cox internet line over a month ago when putting in a pool. When we called Cox about the interruption of service, it took them about a week to come out. The "repair person" they sent out looked around but could not figure out what happened? I suggested the new pool next door cut the line. He said he could not make that determination, and I had to wait for another appointment with two more repair people 3 weeks later.

They came out, apparently with no information about our previous communication, and then I was told that this would take another work order! Then nothing, after calling every day. I had to 'escalate' the claim, which seems to have created a new level of complexity for Cox. They finally figured out that they could put in a temporary line until they got a city permit to fix the underground line. Days go by again, and the first day I leave town, they call up and say they can only make it that day (Saturday). I tried to call back and of course nobody picked up. After calling another 5 different numbers I finally got someone, spent 45 minutes to review the account information, but finally he said he could not help me. By way, we are getting billed for internet, telephone and TV this entire time.

I've been with Cox in Phx., Az. for 13 years and have never experienced outright lying and consumer fraud. It started about 9 mons. ago beginning with late fees of $8 plus when I wasn't late. They would double my bill and charge me month after month even after I had called, complained, and thought everything copacetic. They had been mailing offers to increase my internet speed, add a phone, bundle this and that. Two weeks ago I needed to retrieve some saved emails for a pending court case and my internet was down, not the cable, just internet. I called to inquire what was happening and the rep. was lost. He first asked "just the internet?" then put me on hold came back and said yes it was out, I asked when, why, where, and how long and the only question he was able to answer was 8 hrs and to call back then if not back up.

8 Hrs. later no internet, called and spoke with with female rep who first said she had no idea what I was talking about, put me on hold for 5 min. came back and said my three yr. old modem was bad and when the outage was corrected it shut down my modem. I told her that was BS. Long story short Cox turn off my internet at 50Mbps and told me I had to buy a new modem because they had upgraded me, without my knowledge or permission to 100 Mbps.

This is blatant consumer fraud and service manipulation and/or theft. They increased my monthly bill and because I was under the gun for the claim had to go out at 8 p.m. the night before my court date and purchase a new modem. I've never experienced this kind customer mistreatment and manipulation. Cox and their employees are out of control. I spoke with three different reps. and two supervisors and they did nothing but lie themselves or cover for the others lies and misinformation and their apathetic attitudes, rudeness, and open contempt for their customer was painfully apparent.

Cox double talkers they sold me a 2 years contract that 1 year later they tell me is only good for a year. The contract (you to them) is 2 years but the pricing is only good for 1 then BOOM you get a $30 dollar increase, oh by the way in my case base price $165.00 then 2nd year up charge $30 = $195, right? NO NO NO. Cox math makes it $208.55 and no one at Cox can tell you why. I can tell you they are double talking masters. Please use anyone but Cox. This company are not capable of telling the truth.

I have had the WORST experience with Cox compared to EVERY other provider I have used. The company creates unnecessary expenses to feed their shameful greed. They have MONOPOLIZED Hampton Roads and I am even considering taking it into my own hands to create competition. They use their coverage as a trap since they service almost everywhere and no competitors are anywhere to be found. This company is responsible for causing me to pay $4080 more on my vehicle. Unrelated, you say? How could they have accomplished such a task? I will tell you! They set service up at an address I have never lived at or been to. Not only that but this was done without my consent. This resulted in a petty $40.00 delinquency on my credit (which at 23 hasn't been established) since the equipment wasn't returned.

I called and spent several hours on hold going back and forth with everyone, from customer service representatives, to finance managers, and the credit bureau to have this corrected. It wasn't done in time for the purchase of my vehicle leaving me declined for every loan applied for. In need of a vehicle I had to take it out on a lease first which cost me an extra $4080 after everything has been applied. Lack of funds to take legal action has stopped me from perusing justice from what has been done to me. Which brings me to today, it has been well over a year since I have had Cox services. I attempted to give them another shot at winning my business today since I really don't have another option aside from not having internet at all. I purchased my equipment so I own it. They required a Profession Technician to install my device since nobody had service here in a year. This is an additional $75.

When I questioned the obligation they offered a $25 credit however I was proposing a different approach. Since I already have all the equipment I need and I have personal experience with being a technician, that I set it up myself and that Cox simply just activate service. Then if there were problems to arise that I would call for a technician at that time. They tried to insure that the mandatory Pro Install was there for my benefit, when really I'm paying $75-$50 for something I am able to accomplish myself. On top of all of this their connection is not reliable! I have received so many outages as well as the signal not reaching my entire house, even after an upgrade. I have a strong hate for this company and pray for the day it runs to ruin. Unfortunately after a year of keeping Cox out of my life I have failed to maintain evidence to verify my authenticity.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

I had my service suspended in July 2017. When I got a new job I resumed services in August 2017. I just had my services resume August 21 with a monthly bill of 126. I received a email for a bill of 672 dollars. This is Rhode Island. Cox employees are so ** incompetent, instead of fixing the bill they shipped me a new modem which I already have. Don't even bother with them. As the quality of service is good the customer service is not and it will surely be at your expense. My contract is a two year contract. There's no way they should be harassing me for nearly 700 that I don't owe them. I just bought into these con artists in April 2017.

Last November we signed up with Cox Cable TV. We chose a variety pack of mostly low-demand networks, such as Hallmark, ID, History, Animal Planet, NatGeo, etc... No movie channels. We started out at $47 a month and the price has continuously hiked. Now we were paying $158.00 a month and it hasn't been but 10 months! So today I called to get the price lowered as there was no just reason given for hiking the price. They didn't even wait a year. The price was hiking from the get go and they don't tell you that as soon as you sign on with a doable price per month, it will be raised like a mountain in no time.

The guy I talked to was a jerk. He even made a remark about Cable being a luxury and if we can't handle it, then we shouldn't have it. No! They need to keep to the agreed price or inform new customers that they will be hiking the price up constantly. It's called "i-n--t-e-g-r-i-t-y". Businesses like this, are training their employees to lie, double-talk, and swindle people. And it's all "okay" to do. The end justifies the means, as far as Cox is concerned. It used to be that businesses bent over backwards to please the customer. The customer was always right. Those over 40 will remember. I would gladly go back to rabbit ears, when TV reception was free.

DO NOT get COX communication unless you love to spend time on the phone calling them every month to resolve ongoing issues. Upon moving to CT and getting COX I have learned very quickly that they do not stand by their word or even what's black and white on paper. As a new customer I received an offer for new service that was a contract for 24 months with no increases. After 1 year the contract price went up by $55 and after about 10 calls and 3 trips to their store showing them the offer in the mail, I was informed that nothing can be done on the price as at time of my new contract the customer service rep used a code that had price lock for 1 year vs 2 years and since that offer is now gone nothing can be done.

Another issue was at time of purchasing the internet the modem was weak and faulty and did not provide appropriate wifi strength to my brand new LG TV. Instead of offering to come to my house to resolve the wifi issue I was told that my new smart TV was broken and I needed to deal with LG. After about 8 months of this going back and forth, I finally had a service rep come to my house and admit and replace the modem to one that is needed for smart tv. Just recently I decided to make changes on my cable so decided to downgrade to standard cable and remove the HBO/Showtime package. After 4 calls and about 6 transfers I was inform that I can't lower my package as I'm locked into a 2 year contract, yes the same contract that they said they can't honor as the customer service rep used the wrong code.

After several calls with managers they finally agree to lower my cable service to standard and delete the extra channels as long as I return the fancy cable box. So I return the cable box but 2 billing cycles go by and no change to my price of the monthly bill. Turns out someone never finished my order on the other end. So 3 calls later I am informed that they can't close out the work order as I need to come in and exchange the modem to the lower one. Yes, you got it to the lower one that did not work with my smart TV. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. Long story short, in the past I had Direct TV, Charter and Comcast and over 20 years of service. Never in 20 years did I ever had so money issues as I had with COX the last 16 months.

If there ever was an issue they knew how to compensate the customer and make things right. COX only knows how to push back, transfer you to 5 different departments and say sorry but not really mean it. They have never offered to compensate me for any of the problems or refund me any money for the service that I ordered and yet did not have. STAY AWAY!!!! Seek other companies!

Well I call myself going back to COX cable but when they came out to install the services this is what I got. You be the judge??? Had a work order to secure the wires and reconnect my security camera that was taken a loose. The guy that called said, "Oh we don't come behind someone else and fix their work nor do we reconnect security camera." I'm like really??? Come get y'all ** out of my house. Please share. Sometimes the grass is not greener on the other side.

I had been a loyal customer of Cox Communications in Orange County, CA for more than 7 years. I stopped my service in October of 2015 when I moved to Bakersfield California, and turned in their digital box to their Lake Forest, CA store. About a month later I received a communication from Cox that I still owed them $300 for an old cable box from back in 2014. I went to the Cox Lake Forest, CA store to try to resolve this charge and I was treated extremely rude by their customer service representative in front of other customers. He demanded that I prove that I returned their unit from 3 years ago.

I told him that I had returned the old cable box to their Irvine, CA store and could not find the receipt after this length of time. I was so humiliated that I left the store. On August 10, 2017 I received an alert from my credit bureau that Cox has reported me delinquent in the amount of $300 on the old cable box. I have been trying for the past week to resolve this issue to no avail. I will pay them their $300 charge, to clear my credit, but is this the way that Cox Communications a $15 billion corporation treats their past loyal customers? Feeling frustrated and abused!

On April 3, 2017, I order cable from Cox. The representative that I talked to, scheduled me for installation for April 9th. I called on the 9th, to confirm that they are still coming. I found out on the 9th that a deposit was required and a 3rd party verification had to be done, that the representative did not tell me about so my appointment was canceled. Called back on Friday, April the 11th and paid the deposit. The representative took payment for the deposit and scheduled me another installation date for April 16th. I called and found out that it had been canceled again, because the representative did not transfer me to the 3rd party verification again. Then I found out that they had me down to pay another deposit in the amount of $225 for I already paid $100 deposit.

I have been without cable for 2 weeks because Cox employees are incompetent to do their jobs correctly. And all they offered me was $20 for my inconvenience. Stay away from Cox. This is the most incompetent company that I have ever had to deal with. They don't care anything about their customers and we are the ones that are making them the money to stay in business. I gave them a one star, only because I had to give a star. They really don't deserve a star. I think they should be sued, and put out of business for good.

Upon paying for access I was told I would receive 300.00 after 90 consecutive days 3 successful payments not late. At 90 day mark I was then told I can submit it and waited another 2 weeks only receiving 200.00 gift card. Called the main office they said there was a mistake. I should have received 300 and they would notify finance to look into. Would take 7 to 10 business days.

Waited 2 wks heard nothing so called main line to speak with finance and was told they have no record of anyone contacting them when I talked w/ local store. Took my information and said I should have Received 300 and will have an email from finance in 2 days to state how long and case what's happened. No email or phone call ever came and that was 2 wks ago. I am grateful for the 200 however either they are lying w/ cost or don't communicate in departments... Cox Cable is the worst cable company I have dealt with in a long time. Unfortunately I live in an area where there are no other providers.

After about an (arrived 10:44, left maybe noonish) hour for to install new bundle service, the tech left. The phone didn't work. He couldn't set up a Cox email account, and couldn't tell me how to change my Wi-Fi password to get a secure one. He said contact the router co. They said they didn't have any info on that model - it's old and to contact Cox Cable. The tech said he'd be back the next morning at 8 am with his supervisor. No one showed up. We still don't have a phone. I chatted with Cox and found out that no work order existed. He never planned to show up and fix these problems. No one can come out today but I am supposed to have a tech come out tomorrow. Will he know how to fix this?

Day 1: Signed up for Cox because there was a $55 dollar promo online for my zip code. Got a notification that my house was already serviced and my order couldn't be processed. Called Cox who told me that the previous owner had not paid off his account and I had to go to a service store to show proof of ownership. Since this is a Saturday, I can't go to the store until Monday. Day 3: Show my proof of ownership at the store. The store can't look up my order. I call Cox who pulls up my order and tells me the promo was a glitch. I still sign up for internet anyway. I complete my order over the phone and pick up my modem there at the store. Install the modem - won't work. Call Cox 2x to reach someone who tells me the store needs to physically activate my modem since they have the proof of ownership.

I called the store 8x to get a hold of someone, but all the supervisors are gone so the agent can't activate my account due to permissions. Call Cox, who tells me only billing can activate my account now. But billing is closed so I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Agents sound more helpful and knowledgeable than Comcast but still largely useless, despite friendly service.

Your customer service and technical departments together are incompetent and excruciatingly frustrating. To solve a technician no show today, who was supposed to replace the wrong cable box he installed earlier in the week, the customer service department insisted my cable box problem couldn't be solved without me renting the new Panoramic Wifi Modem for an additional $120 a year. (A page from Wells Fargo's playbook?) I escalated my frustration to a customer service supervisor, who casually described this strong-arming as an incorrect statement that an "overly enthusiastic" representative made. After more than an hour on the phone with them, the final resolution was for me to go to a Cox store in person and replace the wrong boxes myself. My experience with your company over the past week has been nothing short of miserable.

I wish I can give a "0" star. It is outrageous monopoly of COX that every few months, they increase the rates and scam customers with so called "Promotions". Attorney General should be notified of COX's unethical practice. I started my cable internet service three years ago with $55. The following year, without my knowledge, they increased it to $95 and auto billed me, which I did not check for few months. The second month, my bill went up from $95 to over $100. I did not check my credit card statement for few months since I was out of town. When I returned, I called them and I was told that the "Promotion" expired and I have been charged a normal rate. Then when I told them that I want to discontinued service, they offered another promotion, increasing the rate from $55 to $70, $15 more. I had no choice because in my area, they have monopoly and there is no other service available.

After six months, my bill went up to $102. When I called, I was told my promotion expired (BTW, COX promotion is a scam, where they never disclose their regular price and discounted price anywhere in any contract of the amount). When I called again, I was told that they offered me another promotion and now I will be charged only $80.00. However, then I noticed my credit card was charged $102.39. So, I called again and I was told that my new rate will be $87 and not $80 (In three years, my bill went up as $55, $70 and now $87).

Every time I called, I was placed on hold for hours, first Billing dept., then Floor Supervisor and then Customer Retention Department. My last call today, they put me on hold and gave me run around from person to person for two hours, without finally helping or settling the matter. They know, who has time and people are going to get frustrated and give up. So, this is another strategy they use. I will be definitely reporting this matter to Attorney General and I need support from other COX customers. Perhaps, we can file a class action law suit. I am sure there are thousands of dissatisfied customers. We must break the monopoly of COX and AT&T and request FCC to make other providers' service available just like cell phones without contracts and free to get any service.

Does not respect their customers' time. I was given a 2-hour window when a tech would show up to install service. Tech never came. I called and was told that no appointment had been set even though I still had a voicemail from Jay ** at Cox stating the exact opposite. A new appointment had to be set, which further delayed installation.

First, I would not recommend cox to anybody! They are full of it and not a company with morals or truth. I was told to pay a deposit for my service to be connected and did so only to wait about 3 weeks for my service to be installed. Okay, now I was trying to pay my bill and was informed that I owed another deposit of 110 which no one informed me of until I was actually trying to pay my bill. I was transferred 4 times spent 2 hours on the phone only to be told I had 24 hours to prove I paid my deposit that I paid! CSR all but 1 were very rude and even told me they would end the call and no I was not cursing them. I wanted an explanation as to why I had to pay 2 deposits. Point blank nothing good since I got the service. I would suggest anybody besides this unprofessional company. Think they pick their employees from the gutter and they are not trained to treat customers with respect.

Prices on their website are misleading. Tons of hidden fees that the employees are unable to explain. Internet speeds fluctuate constantly. Find another company... I've never had such a terrible experience with any cable company.

On the phone with them for over an hour to resolve a debt collection. They didn't help at all. Ended up paying the total amount of $623.18 for two boxes that were returned back in 2013. Even though it's 2017 and they said they couldn't find the boxes. They wouldn't negotiate. But I recommend not using them because half the people I spoke with had no clue what they were talking about or who to transfer me to. What a waste of my time and money. I will never use Cox Cable again.

Billing department is inept at Cox, not capable of billing at the correct times, not capable of making account changes, and if you move to close your billing and try to charge you twice. Tv service is subpar, takes too long to load channels, blocky, phone service had constant issues, internet now drops connection. Used to recommend over AT&T but now cannot.

First I want to start off with the install with Cox Cable. The technician that they had sent out was in the basement hooking up cable lines and was cursing the whole time. I was not home but my girlfriend said he was cussing the whole time with kids in the house. Then he had drilled a hole through the dining room wall and did not inform us of this. Have called into the office and ask to talk to a supervisor and never received a phone call back. I informed the lady on the phone what had happened. Upon his completion he did not inform them on how to use the cable boxes or anything like that. Had just been like okay and left.

So we had the Cox cable for a while then our cable wasn't working and ask someone to come out. They said they would come out and inform us before they arrived. I got a call from the tech saying he was in the driveway. Told him if he could give me 20 minutes I would be there. He said. "No. I'm not going to wait." So I called into the office and they wanted to schedule me three days out. So with numerous problems from Cox Cable I switched to Dish and had nothing but great experiences with them. They're very responsive when you call and very helpful. Cannot say that about Cox Cable. Their customers come last.

Cox Cable is a reliable company with really good employees but they are not always accurate with their work on service calls, several more visits from techs are needed to get the job done correctly. Also... Cox Cable will FEE you to death with their fee charges. July 2017 bill had $24.51 in fees & surcharges, excluding tax.

BEWARE OF THEM!!!!

From late installation, to lying about pricing I have yet to this day received a correct bill. I have spent hours upon hours trying to figure out what's going on only to get a different story from every representative. They have to send representatives out every month to fix my internet yet I'm supposed to pay full price for a service I hardly get to use? At this point I rather watch DVD's and read books than deal with this nightmare every month. How this company manages to stay in business blows my mind.

I will NEVER understand how Cox can legally charge you a month in advance. I pay late fees on a service I have yet to fully receive. My bill is due July 4th for cable/internet that I wont receive until July 11th-Aug 4th. If I don't PRE-PAY them by July 10th, I get another 8.95 tacked on my account for the late payment charge... ok cool but I haven't received the "full service" yet so how am I late to pay you for something I have yet to receive? What if I cancel my services early? Do I get Pro rated and my money returned for the days I didn't have cable? In which case I'm still being penalized 8.95 for not Pre-paying you. This is a SCAM just like everything Cox does... they have been raping people for years but because they have a monopoly on cable they do what they want or you get a Dish. Shame on Cox. Hookers should be the only ones allowed to charge before they service you. Not a third rate company!!

Cox is one of the worst cable tv service in the world. Change from DirecTV to Cox, was told my bill would be appx. 124. plus taxes, total. They took 2 months to try and connect internet and phone, one problem after another, never was sent a bill. I would call in AM. Had to talk to 8 or 9 customer service dumbell, everyone said the same thing, "I can help you." First bill was 307.00. They had installation, service call, was not given bundle price, no one knew why. Finally in June my phone and internet was connected, then bill went down to appx. 207.00. One service rep told me if I was not getting a bill call the post office. That was not her problem.

Monday call again, was told who ever set up my bundle service, did it wrong. Then was given a credit, now bill is 100.00. Ok finally bill came. Bill is 307.00, no one knew why, and a rep. don't know the answer. They hang up on you, and very rude. My service was cut off last week, but if I paid the 95.00, it could be turn on immediately. I did, but now my monthly bundle would be 198.00 but Cox would do me a favor and reduce it to 168.00. I live off of social security. Why would I want to pay 168.00 a month to watch tv a couple of hours a day. They made a mistake not me, rep. # ** didn't know jack **, connect to a **. Again still no help. I give this Cox a minus 0 and will leave them.

On July 4, 2017 I ordered phone service with Cox. This was an add-on to my account. The sales individual provided me an install date of July 8, 2017. I selected the time between 1-3 p.m. The install day arrives no installer. I have been without phone service. I go on the chat line and encounter employee after employee that refuse to tell me why my service was not installed. Long delays on hold. It was a chat that never accomplished a thing. The individual unbeknownst to me selects an install date of his own. July 13, 2017 between 8-10 a.m. I told the rep during the chat that I had other pressing matters to handle the week of July 10, 2017. I would not be available. Why should I wait beyond the promised date for the phone install. There was time on the afternoon of the 8th to send someone immediately out for the install that I am certain takes only a few minutes. But this was not done.

I phoned back several hours later because it was imperative I have my phone installed as promised. The individual promised me an e-mail later that evening with the time of the install now on Sunday. No e-mail was ever sent. No installer scheduled for Sunday either despite the promise. It is now late Sunday evening and still no word. Are we as customers with pristine accounts paid in full supposed to accept this treatment? I will add that my family has been a customer since Cox begin. Cox went door to door giving away cable boxes to get customers. That was 55 years ago. This situation with me is a tragedy. It involves some serious issues in my life that need attention immediately. I have no cell phone. I shouldn't nor will I go to a pay phone. So I ask again where is the phone installer??? Some customers are telling the truth. Cox employees let's exchange lives for a few minutes... Now you might understand how I feel.

Instead of paying $145 per month I got a bill for $244.21. When I looked at the bill it showed I ordered a fight cost $64.99 with additional charges totaling $55. I called to dispute the charges. They were very rude. They said there is nothing they can do. I kept insisting I did not order the fight. How the hell can this happen. They kept throwing one spin after another. I was very disgusted. I will cancel cable TV and phone. I bet they will charge me an arm and a leg for internet. They are a bunch of crooks.

My experience is very similar to Baron in Scottsdale, AZ. They get you locked in at a bundled rate and then you get a sticker shock bill after a period of time. You then call in to complain about the massive increase and you are given another bundled rate, only the new bundle is priced higher than before. Rinse and repeat. I have been a customer of Cox Communications for over 5 years. On or around May 22, 2017, I called their technical support line because I was having a technical issue with my DVR box. The representative, unsolicited, told me about a customer loyalty package that she wanted to offer me because I had been a customer for over 5 years. Ultimately, I was quoted at $124.99 plus tax for internet, television, and phone service. This would have amounted to a reduction of approximately $40 from the bill I was paying for television and internet.

I EXPLICITLY asked her to confirm that my other services, such as DVR and HBO, were included in this $124.99 plus tax quote. She acknowledged that yes, it did. When I went to pay the bill, I was shocked to see that the total charges were a staggering $232.05. The amount I was paying previously was about $185 per month. Clearly, I never would have consented to a change in services for any increase in price. I accepted the change because it would result in a reduction in my monthly bill. Thus, I called Cox to resolve on July 5th and 6th. I spent well over 2 hours on the phone talking to 5 different representatives. The first two acknowledged seeing the notes on my account regarding the quote. The second rep collected the $145 payment from me, which was the rough estimate of the $124.99 plus taxes and fees. However, upon being transferred to the billing and then to the "Loyalty/Retention" departments, Cox took a very different tone.

They stated that the $124.99 was the base rate and did not include the DVR and other services that I already had. They refused to reduce the bill or even restore my services to the way they were prior without penalties and fees. Furthermore, they said they could not bring my monthly charges back to the $185 I was paying before this whole thing even happened, saying that the rate that I had before was now lost and gone forever. In fact, I was told that my charges would increase to $245 if they were to remove the pointless landline telephone service, and I would have to pay an $88 termination fee. This was a classic bait and switch. They made fraudulent representations to me in order to get me to consent to making changes in my services and now they will not honor the quote nor will they let me go back to the way things were before.

Even more infuriating is that if I were to simply cancel service altogether, they are going to goon me with a bunch of termination fees. Be warned! Don't accept any offers made verbally by their representatives over the phone. If you must deal with this crooked company because it has a monopoly in your area, I suggest signing up for packages strictly online. Print each page so you have a record. That way, they won't be able to go back on their word. Better yet, just get Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime! To hell with them! ESPN will have its own streaming service soon enough as well.

So yesterday morning my husband's bank account was automatically wiped clean of $412.00 by the automatic pay which was NOT authorized by myself or my husband. I called Cox customer service and spoke to 2 different representatives who said they put request into the back office for a refund which never happened. I explained to them that we have zero balance in our account and we have a family of 5 and we NEED our money back. The last Representative I spoke to said we would have a refund within 24 hours.

So today is the 4th of July, still we are at zero balance. I called Cox Customer service again and once again excuses why the refund has not happened. Left me very disappointed being that this payment was NOT authorized by myself or my husband. No thanks to COX they SUCK! I will be canceling my service with them. Very disappointed and I will never refer anyone to COX Communications EVER! They were no help at all and we did not have a good experience. So thanks for nothing COX. I would've given NO STARS for this review however this site requested a star in order to submit this review. But in my heart they get NO STARS!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1962, Cox Cable serves more than 6.2 million residential customers each year. As the first cable company to offer business-centric products, it also offers businesses paid TV, telephone and Internet services.

• Take control of more than just the TV: Cox offers the service, Homelife, which allows users to remotely set the thermostat, turn lights on and off, and lock or unlock doors.
  • Low-cost solutions: Cox offers television, telephone and Internet services bundled at comparably low prices.
  • 24/7 support: There is no scheduled downtime for Cox Cable technical support. Tech support is available day or night.
  • Custom programming bundles: Instead of paying for unwanted content, Cox allows subscribers to customize their channel bundles, which includes programming like extra movie content or in-depth sports coverage.
  • Bundle services: Cox bundles high-speed Internet, digital phone service and digital cable services.
  • Best for Businesses who provide entertainment to customers, households on a budget or staff members and customers with special interests.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers