Cox Cable

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Cox Cable is a reliable company with really good employees but they are not always accurate with their work on service calls, several more visits from techs are needed to get the job done correctly. Also... Cox Cable will FEE you to death with their fee charges. July 2017 bill had $24.51 in fees & surcharges, excluding tax.

BEWARE OF THEM!!!!

From late installation, to lying about pricing I have yet to this day received a correct bill. I have spent hours upon hours trying to figure out what's going on only to get a different story from every representative. They have to send representatives out every month to fix my internet yet I'm supposed to pay full price for a service I hardly get to use? At this point I rather watch DVD's and read books than deal with this nightmare every month. How this company manages to stay in business blows my mind.

I will NEVER understand how Cox can legally charge you a month in advance. I pay late fees on a service I have yet to fully receive. My bill is due July 4th for cable/internet that I wont receive until July 11th-Aug 4th. If I don't PRE-PAY them by July 10th, I get another 8.95 tacked on my account for the late payment charge... ok cool but I haven't received the "full service" yet so how am I late to pay you for something I have yet to receive? What if I cancel my services early? Do I get Pro rated and my money returned for the days I didn't have cable? In which case I'm still being penalized 8.95 for not Pre-paying you. This is a SCAM just like everything Cox does... they have been raping people for years but because they have a monopoly on cable they do what they want or you get a Dish. Shame on Cox. Hookers should be the only ones allowed to charge before they service you. Not a third rate company!!

Cox is one of the worst cable tv service in the world. Change from DirecTV to Cox, was told my bill would be appx. 124. plus taxes, total. They took 2 months to try and connect internet and phone, one problem after another, never was sent a bill. I would call in AM. Had to talk to 8 or 9 customer service dumbell, everyone said the same thing, "I can help you." First bill was 307.00. They had installation, service call, was not given bundle price, no one knew why. Finally in June my phone and internet was connected, then bill went down to appx. 207.00. One service rep told me if I was not getting a bill call the post office. That was not her problem.

Monday call again, was told who ever set up my bundle service, did it wrong. Then was given a credit, now bill is 100.00. Ok finally bill came. Bill is 307.00, no one knew why, and a rep. don't know the answer. They hang up on you, and very rude. My service was cut off last week, but if I paid the 95.00, it could be turn on immediately. I did, but now my monthly bundle would be 198.00 but Cox would do me a favor and reduce it to 168.00. I live off of social security. Why would I want to pay 168.00 a month to watch tv a couple of hours a day. They made a mistake not me, rep. # ** didn't know jack **, connect to a **. Again still no help. I give this Cox a minus 0 and will leave them.

On July 4, 2017 I ordered phone service with Cox. This was an add-on to my account. The sales individual provided me an install date of July 8, 2017. I selected the time between 1-3 p.m. The install day arrives no installer. I have been without phone service. I go on the chat line and encounter employee after employee that refuse to tell me why my service was not installed. Long delays on hold. It was a chat that never accomplished a thing. The individual unbeknownst to me selects an install date of his own. July 13, 2017 between 8-10 a.m. I told the rep during the chat that I had other pressing matters to handle the week of July 10, 2017. I would not be available. Why should I wait beyond the promised date for the phone install. There was time on the afternoon of the 8th to send someone immediately out for the install that I am certain takes only a few minutes. But this was not done.

I phoned back several hours later because it was imperative I have my phone installed as promised. The individual promised me an e-mail later that evening with the time of the install now on Sunday. No e-mail was ever sent. No installer scheduled for Sunday either despite the promise. It is now late Sunday evening and still no word. Are we as customers with pristine accounts paid in full supposed to accept this treatment? I will add that my family has been a customer since Cox begin. Cox went door to door giving away cable boxes to get customers. That was 55 years ago. This situation with me is a tragedy. It involves some serious issues in my life that need attention immediately. I have no cell phone. I shouldn't nor will I go to a pay phone. So I ask again where is the phone installer??? Some customers are telling the truth. Cox employees let's exchange lives for a few minutes... Now you might understand how I feel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cox?

Instead of paying $145 per month I got a bill for $244.21. When I looked at the bill it showed I ordered a fight cost $64.99 with additional charges totaling $55. I called to dispute the charges. They were very rude. They said there is nothing they can do. I kept insisting I did not order the fight. How the hell can this happen. They kept throwing one spin after another. I was very disgusted. I will cancel cable TV and phone. I bet they will charge me an arm and a leg for internet. They are a bunch of crooks.

My experience is very similar to Baron in Scottsdale, AZ. They get you locked in at a bundled rate and then you get a sticker shock bill after a period of time. You then call in to complain about the massive increase and you are given another bundled rate, only the new bundle is priced higher than before. Rinse and repeat. I have been a customer of Cox Communications for over 5 years. On or around May 22, 2017, I called their technical support line because I was having a technical issue with my DVR box. The representative, unsolicited, told me about a customer loyalty package that she wanted to offer me because I had been a customer for over 5 years. Ultimately, I was quoted at $124.99 plus tax for internet, television, and phone service. This would have amounted to a reduction of approximately $40 from the bill I was paying for television and internet.

I EXPLICITLY asked her to confirm that my other services, such as DVR and HBO, were included in this $124.99 plus tax quote. She acknowledged that yes, it did. When I went to pay the bill, I was shocked to see that the total charges were a staggering $232.05. The amount I was paying previously was about $185 per month. Clearly, I never would have consented to a change in services for any increase in price. I accepted the change because it would result in a reduction in my monthly bill. Thus, I called Cox to resolve on July 5th and 6th. I spent well over 2 hours on the phone talking to 5 different representatives. The first two acknowledged seeing the notes on my account regarding the quote. The second rep collected the $145 payment from me, which was the rough estimate of the $124.99 plus taxes and fees. However, upon being transferred to the billing and then to the "Loyalty/Retention" departments, Cox took a very different tone.

They stated that the $124.99 was the base rate and did not include the DVR and other services that I already had. They refused to reduce the bill or even restore my services to the way they were prior without penalties and fees. Furthermore, they said they could not bring my monthly charges back to the $185 I was paying before this whole thing even happened, saying that the rate that I had before was now lost and gone forever. In fact, I was told that my charges would increase to $245 if they were to remove the pointless landline telephone service, and I would have to pay an $88 termination fee. This was a classic bait and switch. They made fraudulent representations to me in order to get me to consent to making changes in my services and now they will not honor the quote nor will they let me go back to the way things were before.

Even more infuriating is that if I were to simply cancel service altogether, they are going to goon me with a bunch of termination fees. Be warned! Don't accept any offers made verbally by their representatives over the phone. If you must deal with this crooked company because it has a monopoly in your area, I suggest signing up for packages strictly online. Print each page so you have a record. That way, they won't be able to go back on their word. Better yet, just get Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime! To hell with them! ESPN will have its own streaming service soon enough as well.

So yesterday morning my husband's bank account was automatically wiped clean of $412.00 by the automatic pay which was NOT authorized by myself or my husband. I called Cox customer service and spoke to 2 different representatives who said they put request into the back office for a refund which never happened. I explained to them that we have zero balance in our account and we have a family of 5 and we NEED our money back. The last Representative I spoke to said we would have a refund within 24 hours.

So today is the 4th of July, still we are at zero balance. I called Cox Customer service again and once again excuses why the refund has not happened. Left me very disappointed being that this payment was NOT authorized by myself or my husband. No thanks to COX they SUCK! I will be canceling my service with them. Very disappointed and I will never refer anyone to COX Communications EVER! They were no help at all and we did not have a good experience. So thanks for nothing COX. I would've given NO STARS for this review however this site requested a star in order to submit this review. But in my heart they get NO STARS!

Cox is the worst company ever! I came from a state where I had Xfinity, which is awesome. However Xfinity is not available to me in my new location. But Cox told me they purchased Xfinity so I was pleased, knowing the level of customer service I was already familiar with. I was fooled. They gave me one remote you speak into, then two low budget remotes! I was very specific when I said I wanted no premium channels because I am an avid Netflix user. I told them I wanted to be able to watch Netflix on any tv at any time. They assured me this would happen... NOT! I can only watch on one tv, and the option to watch a show in one room, pause it and continue viewing in another room does not exist!

I placed over 11 calls to Cox. They sent signals to boxes, guided me through, connecting and disconnecting wires. Around the 10th call I was told that the Netflix feature was not available yet?! What the hell, as many times as I asked I was told yes we offer that only to be told after multiple calls that "this particular feature is coming sometime this year." What a ripoff. How can they represent Xfinity and not offer the same services. I wasted so much time with Cox. It is ridiculous, the only good thing I can say is the home life tech was wonderful. He was professional and very efficient. Cox uses contractors so you should never trust what they say and be prepared to call the customer service number right away because the contractors will NOT answer any questions. Don't even waste your time. I am now setting aside time to switch out Cox for a different cable company!

Because of the continuing increase of Cox's TV service I recently cut back to the Starter package. Now less than a year later they have removed one of the channels (Lifetime) and moved it into the next higher tier package. There was no notice. This is unethical... to keep whittling the package down after one subscribes to it, and trying to force people up to a higher cost service. The only reason I stay with them is because there are no competitors and I want our local news which we cannot get from an antenna. All the other channels on the Starter package are government access or infomercials. THIS IS A TERRIBLE COMPANY WHO IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT THERE ARE NO OTHER COMPANIES IN OUR AREA.

Less than 1 month ago I replaced my rented modem with one self purchased. I turned in the old rented modem and registered my new modem. I was promised my data speed for an additional fee of $5.00 my data speed would double to 600 from 300. It did not. The speed was much worse than the original 300. My service interruptions were horrible. They had a service technician come out, and within 24 hours, the interruptions returned. I wanted to wait until the next billing cycle to change my service, but instead of my bill being an additional 5.00, it was doubled stating I used over 1 TB of data for the month. I cannot do use 1 TB of data if I cannot use the internet. This company should be fined for this practice. BUYER BEWARE.

When my wife and I were approached at our local Wal-Mart, we stressed how disappointed we were with our experience with CenturyLink. We explained the issue with the Cox agent, our bill was much higher than quoted because of taxes, surcharges and such. We were assured that Cox would not do that. He wrote out our services and informed us our total bill would be 117.00. We asked more than once, "does that include all charges including taxes?" We were assured it was. We happily made the change. Our first billing was incorrect, they wanted 147.00. I called and spoke with billing and they applied a credit and assured me it was taken care of. Now this month we're back to the same story. Now they tell me that I can downgrade my service, but it'll cost more than what I have now. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. I've requested a phone call from the company, we'll see.

I have become very suspicious of the data usage policy. I as a 1 person household having exceeded my limit 2x in one month, my billed jumped over $60. Desperately looking for other alternatives. Almost ready to cut cord completely.

I have been experiencing poor reception and poor picture for several months. I am on my third service call now and I still experience reboots and non HD picture when watching anything on Netflix. I scheduled another service technician and apparently showed up but did not knock or ring the doorbell. I have a dog that barks when anyone is close. I stayed close to the door as well. I received a couple of phone calls but no message was left. When I called to ask where the technician was, the rep after checking his notes said they showed up and called and left a card on the front door. I received calls but no message was left and the number unidentified. Hey Cox, knock and or ring the doorbell and I will answer. To reschedule, I have been on the phone on hold for 20 minutes. We have other options.

Cox has and will always be one of the worst companies in the telecommunications business that there is. If you make a visit to the Warner Robins location they are always short staffed. The workers are like zombies. They don't greet you or acknowledge that you have walked into the store. They simply allow you to walk up to the counter and begin your transaction without even asking why you made the visit in the first place. The prices are terrible. You only qualify for new customer rates if you have one service or no services. It is beyond ridiculous.

I've been a customer of Cox Communications for 21 years and I've been battling scam pricing from Cox for several years now. The only service I need or want is the Internet yet to keep my bill under control Cox is constantly forcing me to buy bundling services that last six months or a year and when that "deal" is up my bill skyrockets and I end up calling them again and being sold another bundling service I don't need or want. Each time my price increases more than 10%. First I get a sticker shock bill, then they fix me up with another bundle and my bill falls back but is always higher than before plus I have to pay a prorated portion of the huge increase for that month. Add it up and Cox is clipping me for an added 15% per year!

My bill in 2015 was $51.20 per month and as of today it is $76.45. I didn't even discuss the bundling this time as I don't use it and don't care. It has only involved their internet phone service anyway and I use my cell phone. So figure that price increase out. That's $25.25 in two years or 49.32%. Inflation is running less than 2%. Cox Communications is a MONOPOLY and they are giving MONOPOLY's a bad name! Our only other choice is CenturyLink which is not a true competitor. It's like a choice between a car and a scooter. I see thousands of people complaining about Cox. Isn't there an attorney out there who can round us all up in a class action law suite? What about our shiftless politicians who I'm sure Cox donates to their re-election campaigns. I am going to get in the face of my Mayor and City Council. I already have a call into our Mayor. I'll be contacting our Governor and other officials next.

It's easier for me because I already know them and I'll tell you one thing I've learned about politicians. They will lie to your face and they are scared to death of not getting re-elected. So get in their face. Let them know you are recording their answer. Other than contact my Mayor today this is only the second thing I'm doing but I am going to keep at this and lodge complaints everywhere I can. I'm going to look into the FCC next. It's time to put a stop to Cox and their behavior.

I am paying 210 a month for internet, TV and phone. I tried to remove the premium packages and they said that would raise my bill to 292 a month due to the bundling discounts I receive. I said the bundle discounts are for having phone, TV and internet, not specific channels. I was told I am incorrect. So I said cancel everything but the internet then and then they said I would have to pay a 240 early termination fee, for my contract. I pulled out the original paper work that says no contract required for this deal and they still refuse to cancel my services without charging me a 240 early termination fee.

This is one of the most crooked companies out there. The sad thing is the FCC is letting them get away with it and unfortunately for some people COX is the only option. Sounds like to me the FCC is receiving kickbacks from these ** cable companies. You can bet your ** that when October gets here, I will no longer have COX service of any type, ever again.

I have had bad experience with the Cox Cable. When you call to keep in good with the company the phone operators are very rude. I have paid my bill every month but now they are charging me as if I haven't made payments. Instead of Cox getting better they are worst. Maybe it is the employees or maybe it is the CEO who knows but Cox is becoming a bad company rating it from one to ten as ten being very good and one very bad I would give it a one and a half.

We have had more than our share of issues with Cox and their services since moving here 3 years ago and being loyal customers ("suckers" is more appropriate) for over 25 years prior. This last dealing is nearing the last straw! The tech solved the issue by the time he left, however, the issue re-occurred later that same day. More hours on hold and finally had to return the box to a retail location and do a self-install. Lost ALL my recorded shows. To add insult to injury my request for compensation resulted in an attempt to RAISE my monthly bill by $71.00. I had to negotiate to get it "down" to $190!! So, instead of a discount reward/compensation for being customers over 25 years, we were insulted. We are definitely looking for alternatives to COX. Very disappointed in the attitude of your retention people and the lack of value we seem to have as long-time customers who have NEVER been late with a payment in 25 years.

I have made several complaints to the BBB from Cox. Every time, I have been right and they have taken 100's of dollars off of my bill, as the charges were bogus! However, I was told that I can have certain channels at a certain price, the executive office confirmed that I was in fact told this, but they would not honor it. The fees and added surcharges and taxes are RIDICULOUS!!!

This company is basically stealing money from people. Who the hell wants a $200 cable bill every month. It's absurd. They charge a "franchise fee" just because they can. Also, I was told that they cannot guarantee any price. It can increase month over month and there is NOTHING anyone can do about it. Calling their call center, there is not enough space on here to explain how stressful it is. I have left work because of it before. They lie, the blind transfer, they let you talk to a "Sup" then they transfer you without you knowing. You have to start all over. They hang up on you. Most of them you can't understand. It is the absolute worse customer service experience I have EVER encountered. Ever. For that reason, I would rather not have any cable at all. I'd rather stare at the ceiling for hours on end then to deal with Cox and get to watch cable. COX IS A RIPOFF.

So, for a year having problems with DVR service and have had signals sent, technicians out, cable replaced, new equipment... finally decide to get rid of them and they "give" me everything under the sun I want right? WRONG! I take the box in for the new Contour with DVR because they said the one I had was soon to be obsolete and the problem I was having was a known issue with the older models. Mind you this is after several phone calls and about 8 hours and 3 times being hung up on while on hold. This guy was so stoned, and stunk of weed- oh and he was the manager. So they give me a Contour after going over all the spiffy new things like talking to your remote you can do and off I go. I get home, install it and pull out the remote... not the right remote, not the right box!

So I call and 4 hours later I get a new bundle with an extra discount and a tech will be at my house by 7 with new stuff! NOPE, they rescheduled the guy for 3 days out and didn't call me to tell me. So the long holiday weekend goes by with no service and I take box in yet again and get new one, the guy at the store is stoned out of his freaking mind yet again. Get home, box won't work. Have to get signal sent - still won't work. Tech will be out next Wed they say. This box and all its contents are about to be tinder for my fire pit! If I could get Fios where I live, I would but COX has the only option for internet. Bad service, bad training, bad managers, bad everything- this company is disgusting.

We ordered cable for my 70 year old mom, she only has one TV and internet. She lives in a 400 sq foot apartment. When she got her first bill they put her at the highest level even though she told them she only wanted the basics. Mind you, they tell everyone they have to get a phone line or their bill will be higher. So I called and asked them to switch her to the 'silver level' and asked repeatedly, "What will her final bill every month?" I was told around $120 which was somewhat reasonable. Next bill she gets is over $200, she goes in person and explains to them that we changed the plan and this is too high and that we called and changed the plan. They said "Well the request did not go through" but they so they didn't call us and tell us??

The girl at the counter is extremely rude. My mom asked to talk to the boss, he told her there's nothing they can do that a plan with the basic channels and internet, the minimum plan is $220, this is insane, how could this be?? They are breaking the law by telling you one price over the phone and then changing it to whatever is the highest amount they can charge people. They are also taking advantage of elderly people. They need to be reported. We are canceling today and going with AT&T Uverse/DirecTV.

For 16 days I was going back and forth with Cox to get my internet fixed. It started with the first tech coming out and telling me I need ACC to come rewire everything due to the wires being bare and falling apart. I waited for a call from ACC (that never happened). I did an online chat with a rep who did not know anything and had an attitude, so I called and spoke with 2 more reps and a manager, the manager then stated that the first tech did NOT do the proper paperwork to get a contractor out there to fix my wires. So he then said he would send me another tech to come and re-look at wires to submit the paperwork (the second tech was the ONLY one who tried to help). So the second tech came and put in proper paperwork and told me give them time, they will call and come out.

So I waited until Monday, I never heard anything so I again spoke with another online rep who stated they would be coming out that day between 3-5 so I waited, the tech who came out WAS NOT with ACC but another Cox tech who was BEYOND RUDE. He said "what's the problem", I asked him he did not have all the notes of what I have been going through? They said the next person to my house would know everything? He then said that he COULD NOT fix my wires and the proceeded to ask me where the box was and why was he even there? First of all it not my job to tell the techs where the box is. I just moved in and hell I don't even know, so I told him "Don't worry about it. If you can't fix it no need to be here, I'll call Cox back" and then I closed my door, he then proceeds to take a hammer and bang on the box and my wall waking my sick 4 month old up!!!

I then call Cox and spoke with a wonderful lady (who heard my child screaming and the tech slamming on my outside box and walls with a hammer). She then asked me to put him on the phone, in which he became rude to her and she asked him to give me the paperwork for ACC, he did not give me the correct paper but gave me a what to expect paper. She then spoke with a manager and informed him of that tech and made a complaint on him so now, she said that she made sure the ticket was going through and my wires would be fixed this week, and noted my account very clearly with all the issues. So now at 10 pm my internet goes completely off (just so happens after the complaints). Now I pay 100$ a month for premium internet, I am supposed to be able to run 7 devices, I can barely run 1 on Netflix with my ethernet cable connect to my TV and modem right next to each other.

So I then call and speak with another rep, who started to lie to me saying she does not know why my modem is not connecting to anything. She is showing all green bars, so I told her "Please stop. DO Not finish your lie. You are THE ONLY REP AND TECH OUT OF 7 THAT HAS EVER SAID THAT" and when I try to check my internet speed, my T.V's cannot even find the modem (also on your Cox internet check tool it could not find it either), she then "looks at a different screen" and say "oh no sorry, you're in all red, I think it's your modem", now I rent a modem from Cox, and never had a problem with it but now I am??? So she then says she will send another tech, I honestly did not want another tech, she then tells me no one could come for another 3 days, so again I told her "stop your ** and lying. I just spoke with an online rep who informed me of an appointment the next day."

So she then all of a sudden finds an 3-5 on Sunday (amazing). I SAT ALL DAY SUNDAY WAITING and for some reason NO tech shows, I was out front of my house at 4:45 walking my dog, I came inside to a missed call saying I was not answering my door, I call back and said "how did I not answer?? I am out front??? He then tells me "Oh no." When I just called the tech was really there 30 min ago, now please explain why I would sit at my house and wait all day and answer my door for UPS and every other tech but not the one just switching out my modem??? So I then call Cox again who says they do not see the tech ever coming... so they send me to another tech to see where he is, ohh now he can't come till 5-7. Now I have sat home all day waiting, I moved my plans to wait for the 3-5 and he never showed so no I will not have him come back at 5-7.

So I then get sent to ANOTHER manager who says it looks like he only waited 4 min and never opened his van door and they are sorry he did not give me time or opportunity to get my box, I told them to cancel the tech. I'll go in store. Now Monday I speak with another rep online who states ACC is coming out to fix my wires today. Do not worry it will be done. I left work at 9:30 am and sat ALL DAY and no tech came, I took pictures of my wires and all conversation from the last 2 weeks saying it will be fixed almost every day, but yet when I speak to the online rep today Tuesday and ask why no one showed??? MY ticket was magically cancelled??? Why??? How??? NO one knows why it was cancelled so even though I spoke with the rep and confirmed them coming out (I took pictures of our conversation saying it will be fixed) DO NOT WORRY, I left work LOSING MY MONEY, and no one came????

I then proceed to call and speak to a manager today, the rep then tell me my husband cancelled the ACC tech, I said "no we were both on the phone we cancelled Sunday's tech for the modem and I spoke with the rep yesterday and confirmed for Monday to be fixed" (and gave them times and names). She then says "oh I see", so then I speak with a manager who does not know what he is doing at all, he tell me the ticket is closed. I asked him how I have a picture of my wires from today (Tuesday). He said there are no notes only ANOTHER ticket for someone else, so I ask who and when are they coming, he did not know and could not tell me anything, he could only tell me that is was not assigned. I was sitting in a "pool" he said I should contact Advocacy because there is nothing he can do!!!

So I then to go online and find some contacts for Cox in the higher up department, amazingly I get a call that afternoon from ACC for an appointment on Thursday, and then the person I emailed called to verify my appointment, so now I am to be credited for the whole time my internet is out (16 days) and I had 3 different managers give me credits of 25$. So now today Friday I call to let them know my internet is fixed, please fix my bill so I can pay ( due on the 30th). I am told my bill is 172$!!! Now my reg bill is only 95$ and I'm supposed to be credited. What do you mean, they tried to charge me my full 95$, 25$ for self installation, 50$ for a tech installation (how did I install it myself, but a tech did too? So I'm being charged for two installs and a modem deposit, (now I just moved and brought the same modem with me so how can you charge me for a new modem I never got?

So I inform the rep I am not paying for a whole month when my bill cycle is from May 10 to June 10th and I'm only getting 2 weeks of service. My internet did not work from 5-10 through 5-25, So I'll pay for my 2 weeks and installation, so HE does the math for my two weeks I should pay 43$ and some change. He then says "Oh I'll take the tech installation off but I have to leave yours", I said "What about my 25$ credit?" "Oh that's already applied" ... so then after we both did the math for 2 weeks at we will say 45$, he then tells me "OK your bill is 103$". WTF. Where did you even get that from? I AM NOT PAYING 103$ TO TURN AROUND AND PAY 95$ IN TWO WEEKS, MORE THAN MY MONTH OF SERVICE AND I AM ONLY GETTING TWO WEEKS!!!! I have every screenshot and conversation and lie in my phone. This is beyond ridicules and I'm over it!!! I will be hunting for someone new and leaving. This company has went to **.

I think I have everyone beat on the worst experience with Cox. I made a payment online last month for my $170 bill and they then processed that payment for $50,917! No joke or lie, I have screen shots and my bank statements to prove it. I call them and of course got no explanation how their system did this. One of their managers apologized profusely and tells me that I will not be charged anything and I will be receiving free services and no fees will be charged, yet somehow since last week they say I owe them over $1,200 which include fees for a returned payment of $50,917 I NEVER MADE and threats of disconnecting my service if I don't pay. I have only had their service for 2 months! No way I would ever owe them that money. Like I said, that $1,200 they claim I owe them now is mostly fees for a fraudulent returned payment they tried to charge me. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.

It is illegal for them to process a payment I never made. And this happened on May 11th. After numerous phone calls the day it happened and talking to a couple managers I was told that the charges would be removed and I would receive credit for a couple months of service (which never has happened). But my account wasn't fixed timely, oh no, they filed paperwork with their corporate office to clear my account and that process takes 7-10 days. Ridiculous! I finally call yesterday, May 24, because my account still says I owe over $1,200 and they told me that their corporate denied the request to clear the erroneous charges. The excuse for this I was told was because it was an "online error". NO KIDDING. An error by Cox. When I go into my account and opt to pay amount due which states $170.99, that is what you think you're paying. Not $50,917!

After again going around and around, I spoke to a manager who I dealt with since this began. She said that they talked to corporate and they would be removing the charges. Yet here we are, a day later and they are still on my account! I have contacted a lawyer and will sue them if they do not get this fixed, fast! BEWARE OF COX COMMUNICATIONS. They are a ** company who tries to rip people off, doesn't take responsibility for their mistakes and does not fix their mistakes.

I have been with Cox for over 20 years, on and off. I went to other services for a while, now that I have purchased a new home, at this location there are no other services. I have no choice to stay with Cox. Cox is the worse company ever to deal with. They charge you a lot of money and provide you with crap for services. Internet is always slow, even on the highest package speed. What a ripoff!! As soon as another provider becomes available, I will be canceling Cox ripoff company. Cox should be sued for the services that they are not providing for the price you are paying.

COSTS TOO MUCH. TOO MANY ADD ON TAXES. TOO MANY ADD ON UNWANTED Channels as part of the "Cable Package Deal." And, too many service outages due to poor signal or cable tampering by cable thieves!

Please be very careful when you use Cox Communications. We have moved 3 times and I was supposed to be locked into a rate of $110 a month then. Now since moving they tried to pull a fast one and charge me $242 a month for internet and cable, so 2 days go by I get a bill for $484 for internet and Cable. At this point my ego is sky high and I am livid and so I called. The lady said all late fees would be waived since I was a day late and that they could not get my payment back to $110 as it was a promotion. Mind you for 8 years it was $110 a month and boom I move and it skyrockets but the lowest they could get it was $223 a month. I told them "Stick it where the Sun don't shine". She says "Ok please hold". Comes back 30-45 minutes later and says "Well the best I can do is $122.00 a month", so even at $122 your service sucks for the price I'm paying.

I'm lucky to get 100 channels and my daughter can't even watch cartoons or PBS Kids. If I want to add these two thing it will take my bill to above $200 a month. Cox has their ways of putting it to you and I'm a very dissatisfied customer and do not know that I will be staying with Cox. One of their workers told me over the phone they lose 10 to 20 customers a day because they raise people's bill for nonsense stuff and they have no permission to. And by law can be punishable especially when I signed a contract that said I agreed to pay $110 a month, so I will be going to a Cox Communication system to get a box and return my equipment.

As I am writing this at around 10pm Wednesday night my cable and internet was shut off without notice previously. When called I was told by a representative that they give you 30 days from the last billing date to pay. I am 3 days from the last billing date which is no problem but the fact that they completely cut services and obviously lied and didn't stay true to their word after months is crappy and not mention their "24 hour" number is not 24 hour. Cox is a rip off and I will soon be looking for another cable provider that stays true to their word!

My experience with Cox Communications is the worst business transaction experiences I've ever had in my life. Do not do business with and in them. Salesperson came to my home and quoted me $105 a month for the next two years. This was written in a contract. Two months afterwards the rate went up $145. This is without any explanation. I had to call six times to get the price adjusted then a month after they would go back up to $145. I just tried to cancel and they said they will charge me early termination fee. It is the worst experience. I know dealing with the cable service is not fun but dealing with Cox is worse than getting a root canal.

Your internet is slow as ** and is far from being high-speed internet. More like slow speed internet. Your cable is **. Always raising prices after stating you have a set plan. The cable cuts off at certain times of the day. If you're someone thinking about getting Cox simply don't. Buy a fire stick. It's way better than their cable. Also get a different company for internet. If I could rate Cox lower I'd give their service a 0.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers