3.7/5 (890 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Mediacom Cable

Mediacom Communications offers best​-​in​-​class technology across rural America.​ ​With the fastest in-home WiFi, TiVo® DVR, 1 Gig Speed and so much more - customers are guaranteed to have a superior in-home entertainment experience. One of the fastest internet speed providers across their footprint; Netflix® has ranked Mediacom one of the top internet providers in April 2016. As the world becomes more technologically advanced so does Mediacom, investing millions into a nationwide fiber optic infrastructure so small town America will get to enjoy the most advanced Digital TV, High Speed Internet, and Digital Phone service for years to come. Hop on the super speedway and visit ​Mediacomcable.com​ to get the best in TV & Internet service today!

Mediacom Cable Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I don't know how in the world I'm paying $82 a month. That's expensive. It may be because I'm paying late charges. And here's an issue that I've been running with the entire time since I got hooked up. The first month bill was late as far as coming to me because I get paper, not internet. And I was coming into the second month that it was due. So, I've been behind this entire time since I've been a customer. And I'm on a fixed income. So, unfortunately, I never get an extra 80 bucks to pump into that so that I can get it caught up. When they send me the disconnection notice, they don't distinguish. They say what the notice says, and I know that you can see one and look at it yourself, but it says that, "You risk interruption of service 24 days from the date of this notice."

So, when I think of risk of interruption, I assume that it just means shut it off. I didn't realize that they supposedly distinguish between a hard shut-off and a soft shut-off and that that was the excuse that the customer service rep gave me about why my service was interrupted, because it was a soft shut-off. I said, "Well, even so, it does not distinguish between which kind of shut off I'm getting on that notice." And without an actual date, except for 24 days from the date of this notice, which is that September 29th, the last I knew. So, that's when I thought that my service would be interrupted.

So, I called there and I was so angry about the way that I was talked to. I have sat here and stewed on it for days because I'm going to go ahead and pay the bill, but I thought about taking my business elsewhere simply because I feel so unimportant to Mediacom. This very same thing happened to me last month and my service was interrupted. It happened 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning and I talked to a technician and explained what was going on. And they explained to me that the service had been interrupted, but she went ahead and turned it back on because of that notice issue and the date, then I went ahead and paid it, just like I said I would, on the date that I said I would.

So, the very same thing happened to me again this month. And they take the hard nose with me about when the payment is getting made. So, it interrupts my service for a week until I get paid on the 29th. That is where we're at. I'm sitting here paying 80-some dollars a month for internet that I struggled to afford as is, then I turn around and get my service interrupted for seven days out of the month anyway. So, I was a bit distraught about that. I live on Social Security disability, so I get paid once a month. I was gonna start trying to pay an extra 20 a month on it so that I could possibly get it caught up. Other than that, the quality of the internet is always good and that's the reason I have always stayed with Mediacom.

Good evening Ty,

Thank you for taking my call today. I appreciate that you took the time to go over all of your concerns with me and I'm glad that we were able to place you on a new plan. If you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Heath

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2021

We have a problem with Mediacom sending all kinds of business crap to this address. My husband is a volunteer for fish and wildlife up in Savannah area. And because he had stuff delivered here to work on it, to take it up to the nature centers that are up there and do stuff with them, they think he's a business. I have tried multiple times to get Mediacom to understand this is a private residence. But they won’t stop. They say they couldn't delete us off their list, and it's ridiculous.

I'm pissed that we can't get channel eight on cable TV. Also, we have four that are the PBS Iowa stations based on Iowa PBS. And we have a local PBS channel that has two channels attached to it. When I'm watching the local PBS show, all of a sudden, it flips to the main PBS channel out of Iowa. And it's really annoying. You're sitting, watching a program, you get to watch half of it. And boom, it switches and there's no way to get back to the channel that I was watching because it blocks it.

I’ve had Mediacom from the beginning of the company that Mediacom eventually became. We've been in this house for 32 years now, and we've had Mediacom the whole time. When they introduced the internet service, we got it when they first had it. But that's the thing that has always happened. I'm curious about what actually is happening. When I initially tried calling customer service, I would get, “Try this, try that.” But nothing worked. Maybe they didn't know what was causing it, or it's just a glitch with the line that comes in here. Who knows?

My husband is computer literate and understands electronics well. So we got our own modem instead of renting one from Mediacom. We were seriously considering getting the landline service but stopped dead cold in our tracks to do it. Because the type of modem that Mediacom requires for the phone would screw up the modem that we need here in the house. It would not be powerful enough for what we need here and what we already have through the internet service. So they need to work on getting a better deal for hooking up the phone service, because we would have probably done it. But we will never do it because of the modem situation that they require for the phone.

Good evening Susan,

Thank you so much for your review as well as taking my calls. I did put in a stop for the mailers that you were receiving, and you confirmed today that you haven't received anymore. If you do have any questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Jessica

Original review: March 31, 2021

I've had Mediacom for the last three years. Their prices are reasonable compared to most of the other competitors. They have the fiber optic, which is great. However, they're ridiculously priced. I had moved to a different area about 80 miles away. In the condo I lived in before had a dish and the only reason I wanted it at that time was that I needed it for when there was a storm. But it went out every time there was a storm. Right now I just have the internet because I'm trying to save. But it would be great if they had a decent package that had internet with basic TV.

Mediacom has some reps that are concerned and want to keep you as a customer. They will discuss and try to help you out. But they also have ones that are not so good. So, it makes for a rough turnover there. I had a good customer experience but my mom, my stepfather, and my aunt did not have such one. So, my mom asked me to call for her which I did and we got hers changed. Now, they're happy.

When I moved where I moved to in January, the ground was frozen. This was last week. So, I was excited. Last Friday, I had two young guys come out. One guy asked if I had a moment to come out and he also asked if it was okay if he would go in our backyard. They said they were going to turn the internet off for a minute and they were very respectful. So they buried the line. The guy put new ends on it. I asked how far and he said 78 inches they thought they buried it. They said that the shortest distance to the line would give us a better reception.

Monday came and I was working. I could see out the window to the front of my house these two guys that had the same kind of machinery where you could bury the lines. The other guys were probably in their late 20s but these guys were probably in their 30s or so. They proceeded to come up by the house. They did not knock and did not come to the door to say what they were doing or ask if it was okay for them to go in the backyard. They walked directly into my backyard. I left my desk and went out. I opened the back door out of my garage and then they were saying that they came to see if the guys buried the line deep enough. They also shut off the line and did not even ask. I was working and so it knocked me out of my system. Then they didn't say goodbye and didn't say anything else. So definitely, Mediacom has some good employees and they have some bad, even their contractors.

Good afternoon Ranae,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you and your family have had mixed experiences with customer service representatives as well as field representatives. We do strive to have a good customer experience and hearing that that isn't the case is unfortunate. If you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We do greatly appreciate your business.

Jessica

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I have the internet through Mediacom and they swore up and down that if I get the cable from them, I wouldn’t have problems because they’re intertwined. But their cable is high compared to mine. I have to pay for the little box but the big box comes free with my cable. With Mediacom, I have to pay for both. It's gonna be a lot more expensive because they're charging me per box and then I gotta have another remote. It’s too much and I'm on a limited income.

I need to get on the internet and learn how to use it as far as looking up my movies as well as looking up how to put my music on there, save it, and put my name there instead of somebody else's name. Whoever tried to hook it up for me got their name on there and that’s not cool. I’d rather have my own name on it because it’s my TV, and it’s my house and family. I would recommend to a friend if they know how to use it and if somebody’s gonna teach them. Every time somebody puts my Mediacom in, they come over, put it in, and they leave. They give me what they call the password and doesn't ask me if I know how to do anything. I need somebody that's gonna be patient with me and has got time for me. I don't know what I'm doing. So, if they want me to use their stuff, it seems like to me that they would take the time to show me how so I can enjoy it. The guys were very courteous, understanding, polite and on time but they left too fast.

I have Mediacom’s phone too. The phone I had was working but I could not see it properly such as to see who's calling. I could not make it allow me to hear what they said on the phone once they left a message. When I switched phones, I caught myself carefully putting the phone into the plug that makes it work and it was not working. The thing is, I have a MedAlert and that's not working with the phone too. So, I'm wasting money consistently because I've not been able to use the phone. I don't even have a dial tone on it. So, I need assistance. With Xtream, I thought I had maintenance to be able to come over without charging me a whole lot of money and nobody's coming. I used to go there and pay my bill directly but I couldn't get in there anymore to do that. Because sometimes, they're there and sometimes, they're not. I don't know what they're doing.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

My house was literally the last house to ever get turned back on because the line was ripped off my house by a neighbor's tree. So I was not happy. It took over a month and I wasn't getting any contact from Mediacom. They sent out that standard email to everybody when it first happened and then I heard nothing. Everybody in my town was on but me. Every time I called, they would say that they were taking care of three states and they kept coming back to getting Kansas City back. I was thinking what it had to do with Davenport, Iowa. These people were just being told what to say and they didn't have a clue. Somebody got to the higher-ups at Mediacom and they finally talked some sense into them.

Mediacom went so far as to send out an email, which made me mad. It said that technically speaking, they were not responsible for damage done by weather. I said that I didn’t care about who was responsible and that I care about the line being restored. They shouldn't have sent that email out because a lot of people were still trying to pick up their yards. On a legal perspective, they were covering themselves. But whoever's making the decisions now is to be commended for their straightforwardness. They not only seem to be on top of it but also seem to be very proactive. If you keep the people informed, that makes them happy. I was not happy that I've been with them as long as I have and I spend as much as I do, and then I felt like I was ignored. But they've completely changed that demeanor and I appreciate that.

In the last several months, they have been very transparent. They've been on top of all the ridiculousness with these other companies charging them so much and being blacked out. I appreciate that instead of ignoring what we all know. I have the phone, the internet and the cable. I also have two TiVo boxes. Back when all these first occurred, everybody in my house was saying I needed to dump them. I said no. I've had Mediacom for as long as I can remember which is at least 15-plus years. They give the best service and they got that new MetroNet. I'm going to stay where I'm at. The service has always been superb and I can't say that from what I've heard about other services.

I had two people in my house who said I needed to cancel them. I said no. They said that I needed to get a big discount. Bu I have every channel I could ever want. I have internet that is fast and I have a home phone that costs me nothing a month. They said that I could do without cable but I don't go anywhere and I don't do anything. So now, I don't even discuss Mediacom with anybody. I like my cable, my TiVo box and being able to record stuff. I like being able to watch something when I want to. They don't understand that we are so incredibly blessed because I don't have a house or car payment and insurance bills to worry about. I have a $200 a month cable bill. In the grand scheme of things, I'm doing good when you consider what it's costing people to just survive today.

There is only one thing that needs to be addressed and that is Mediacom has changed how they do the TiVo and it doesn't make me happy because the suggestions used to be intuitive. When I sit down and I turn my TV on, I go to the suggestions. It used to pick up on what I used to watch and suggest things. I have never in my life watched The Simpsons and I don't need 47 episodes of The Simpsons and suggestions. I don't have children in the house and I don't ever go to those children’s programs. It used to pick up on what I liked and now, it seems to be they're putting in there what they're paid to put in there. I used to count on that little part of the TiVo to tell me what was on that night or what was on that week. When they first started doing it, I was perturbed but now, I just delete them.

Good morning Cheryl,

Thank you for your review. My apologies that it took so long to get your services back up and running. I am glad to hear that there was a turnaround and that things are working for you now. If you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We truly appreciate your business.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

You recently raised the price per month which is fine I know why. But ever since my internet has been inconsistent and pretty laggy. I don't know if my plan was downgraded but it certainly shouldn't have considering I pay more now.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

We could not get a signal. Made a phone call to Mediacom. Brought in the cable box. Got a newer cable box. Then Mediacom said that they would send a technician to look at the wiring out on the pole. Now we have cable again.

Good Afternoon Kimberly,

Thank you for the excellent review! Sorry about the issues you've had. It's great to hear we got them resolved. If you have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

LaVarus

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I have the internet service, and it's good. I like it, and I'm satisfied.

Good morning Melven,

Thank you so much for your review. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the internet service. If you do have any questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We greatly appreciate your business.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

It costs you nothing for my data usage but you still choose to monitor that usage so you can charge me for every 50GBs I go over my allotted data amount. When I get a credit to my account, you guys charge an ”Electronic Change Charge” of $2.00 just because you can. Your sales rep said I would be locked in at my first rate year and yet here we are at $80/mo; $15/mo over my first year rate of $65. My internet is spotty most days and I know it’s you and not me since my neighbors across the street haven’t had internet IN WEEKS. I can’t wait to leave you and go to RACE since at this point Mediacom has not been worth the money and has only proven to be trying to milk their customers as much as they can with data usage monitoring and stupid service charges. RACE by HP is gonna give you a run for your business since clearly there is a market of unhappy Mediacom customers here in the High Desert.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Asked about adding packages and what was stated didn't understand exact reason why. The Representative explained. However I was still not thoroughly understanding reason and/or cost. Was going to jump my bill to more than two hundred dollars. Is not in my budget.. would like better rates for add ons such as kids tv, etc.

Mediacom Cable author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Mediacom specializes in bringing the same high level of digital services that residents of major metropolitan areas enjoy to small towns and cities across the United States. They currently serve over 1,500 communities in 22 states.

• Find your local office: Find out if Mediacom is available in your state and locate your nearest office on Mediacom’s website. If there isn’t yet availability in your area, Mediacom can find your local provider for you.

• Xtream: Mediacom’s Xtream home service combines the fastest available in-home Wi-fi with a TiVo® DVR, which allows you to record up to five shows at a time, watch your shows in any room of the house and on any device and set your DVR remotely.

• No contracts: Sign up for service from Mediacom without signing a contract. You can cancel at anytime without paying high early cancellation fees.

• Speed Boost: Supercharge your Internet by adding 100 or 150 Mbps to your Internet for only $10 or $20 per month.

• Free HD: Mediacom’s extensive HD lineup is available for customers to enjoy at no extra charge. In addition, if you already own an HDTV set, then Mediacom will automatically upgrade your Mediacom receiver to an HD receiver.

Mediacom Cable Company Information