3.8/5 (595 ratings)
Learn More
Call Center Open

About Mediacom Cable

Mediacom Communications offers best​-​in​-​class technology across rural America.​ ​With the fastest in-home WiFi, TiVo® DVR, 1 Gig Speed and so much more - customers are guaranteed to have a superior in-home entertainment experience. One of the fastest internet speed providers across their footprint; Netflix® has ranked Mediacom one of the top internet providers in April 2016. As the world becomes more technologically advanced so does Mediacom, investing millions into a nationwide fiber optic infrastructure so small town America will get to enjoy the most advanced Digital TV, High Speed Internet, and Digital Phone service for years to come. Hop on the super speedway and visit ​Mediacomcable.com​ to get the best in TV & Internet service today!

Mediacom Cable Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

Original review: July 5, 2022

I got Mediacom satellite and I didn't want satellite because you pay for more channels than you really need. But I had no problem with Mediacom’s service or reception until this year. When my big screen gets hot, it gets distorted. Aside from that, I lose most of my channels sometimes and the TV says, “Be with you momentarily.” And last night proved that I was right and the certificate at Mediacom is wrong because when this rainstorm hit, the TV just came on like somebody flipped a big switch. Something in their system was getting hot and when it started thundering, the TV all worked right.

My aunt in Harlan, Iowa also has Mediacom and her service technician said that when the sun hits the satellite right, it'll sometimes disrupt channels and make them cause issues like the one I'm having. But when I told the lady at Mediacom about that, she disagreed. She said there was no sense in replacing the cable box and that if she took it out, she was going to give me the same cable box that I have.

Then, when the tech guy came out, he didn't take the cable boxes. He changed the main service box and some connections that were old. He thought he fixed the issue but he didn't. He said that the cable box doesn't really affect my cable TV and that the issue I was having has to do with Wi-Fi and internet mostly. He replaced a couple junction boxes outside that we thought maybe were old and which caused that. But when something's acting up in your home, it doesn't only act up during the day and work fine at night. You don’t have to be a technician to know that.

Good morning Stanley,

Thanks so much for your review. I am glad I was able to speak with you today and and hear that our services have been working well for you since our previous technician came out. If you have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Suzzane

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2022

I have a telephone, internet, and television service with Mediacom. For two years, the quality of the service was a real pain. There was always static and the service was always going down. They told me the problem that I was having was not with their service. It was with Pearl River. They had some transformers that needed replacing. It was not a smooth transition, it was intermittent. I needed something smooth to carry the internet, and that wasn't working well.

When they started going through the transition from one service to another, it would always break down and I'd have a problem. I called and asked about it. They'd tell me I have this contract. But I never really had any contracts. But I went on because I didn't have any other options. Then they started doing some things with Xtream. Once all of our services started speaking the same language, things started to work a little better.

I called and I had some complaints about some of the services, they said I'd have to talk to corporate. I said, “Here's the old corporate line.” They asked for my number and said they'd have corporate call me. I said to give me a timeframe. They said within 48 hours. In about seven hours, corporate actually called. I was shocked. I didn't even know what to say then. They had gone through the history of the system and they were telling me, “We see this. We can do this. What do you think?” I said, “Yes, thank you very much.” I was never really displeased with anything in the interactions.

A couple of their representatives lack a few communication skills though. The best person that I had to deal with was an individual that I thought would be hard to deal with. But she was very professional. Everything she did, she explained. She said she had to do something with one of the lines. Her ladder was hanging on her truck, so she couldn't get it. But she said she got to call somebody to help her get the ladder off the truck. I said I could help her. She said, “My insurance won't cover you." Somebody came and she took care of things.

They were easy with a lot of things. At one time, they called and I was a little upset. I told them, if they didn't fix my service, I’m gonna have to move their pole out of my yard. They set up an appointment, but they wouldn't show up. When I called back, they said I cancelled it. I said no, I didn't cancel it. Obviously, the rep canceled it. But when I set up a new appointment, they explained to me what had happened.

Good afternoon Wilmet,

Thank you so much for your review as well as taking our calls. I do apologize for the issues you experience but you did confirm with me today that things are going well. If you do have any questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Jessica

Original review: March 2, 2022

Mediacom was the only one that offered 1 gig services in my area for internet for my gaming. I like that there's no contract and that I can cancel my service whenever I want to. Every time I call with an issue, they're on it and they get it fixed. As far as their techs go, on the other hand, I've had issues. I know quite a bit about my internet and my setup with my routers. I have to run VPNs and a bunch of other stuff with my system because I game and it's important for me to protect my software, my hardware, and everything else.

I paid for one gig service and the technician showed up and he didn't authorize my house for that one gig service so I was only getting 215 megabytes of internet. He kept telling me that there was nothing I could do about it. He just didn't know what he was doing. He clearly did not have the knowledge he needed to be doing the job. They sent out a different one and it was fixed in 20 seconds. It's just simple stuff like that. He ran it fast and he was out. Some days, there seems to be higher traffic in the area and I'll have lag issues. But what did I expect? I live in a small town in the middle of Wisconsin so I can’t really expect the best of the best. I'd recommend them in this area.

Good afternoon Ryan,

Thank you for taking my call today and for taking the time to write and post your review. Thank you for letting us know in regards to the very intermittent lag spikes. We will check into this on our side a bit further, but do try what I mentioned in regards to the QOS on your router. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Heath

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Mediacom Cable was the better option over a mom-and-pop company called CenturyLink. And Mediacom has been decent until recently. We recently upgraded our services with them to a larger gigabyte amount and a bigger speed. And since updating, our Internet has just not worked well. Since we paid and upgraded, it has been spotty. It drops out all the time. And we hardly ever had drops prior. So, that's concerning.

I've had little to no help. And I've had extraordinary help with people. The lady I dealt with recently who upgraded us went above and beyond because we had an issue with my card had expired. So, we had an issue with the billing. But in the past, it has been hard to get help at times for different things, outages or whatnot. Also, the technicians that we have dealt with have been great. There was a scenario where we had a tree removed from our property, and one of the limbs that they cut down had knocked the line out coming from the power pole to our house. And they had a technician out quick to solve that issue. So, we were quite pleased with that. It was during the pandemic. My wife is a teacher, and she had to have internet because she was teaching from home. So, they jumped on it and took care of us, which is why we chose to stay with them versus going with AT&T.

Mediacom could do a bit of a better job with customer service. Also, it seems like in the areas where they're the premier, like when we lived in Loxley, they were the better of the two, so their prices were higher. Because it’s either go with the crappy company, the mom-and-pop, or go with them. So, their pricing could have been a bit better than what it was.

Good afternoon Chris,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the service issues that you have experienced. We have tried to contact you to try to resolve the issue, but haven't been successful in reaching you. Is there a better number or time of day? If you have further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Jessica

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I have slow internet connection. And there are certain channels that we get and others that we don't. It's the way our apartment is, but our internet is slow. Mediacom should offer a little incentive to make us feel appreciated for being with them. One month free for being the loyal customer, or half on our bill, or any little thing. Because this day, any little thing helps. Me and my husband is just us. So, he didn't want to get the cable. He really just wanted to get the internet and had to order stuff to go on to TV because I have smart TVs in the house. But I wanted the cable because there are certain shows that I like and certain channels that I can't get, like the FXX channel and I don't know why.

Because we get a bunch of channels, I just couldn't pick particular ones off I hated. But we got 4,000 megabytes. We had dropped it down to 1,000, and we wanted to get all of the channels that I wanted to get. And for us to have them many channels, I should have access more to the channels than I have. Also, Mediacom didn’t keep my price at the same price. It keeps sliding up and up. They keep using this Coronavirus to raise everything. You get one step ahead, they put you two steps back. My bill was 181, now, it will jump up to 195. How far else are they gonna go? We thought we had a set price.

My TVBD went up six months ago and my channels, whatever is paid off for a week or two. I asked them to reimburse me and nothing like that. We still pay for it and they got it straight. So, I just let that roll because I can't get it back now. I'll stick with them until they get too high. If they do, then I'll start looking at my own well channels. Other than that, we have been getting good service with them.

Good morning Arcidus,

Thank you for taking my call this morning and for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm quite happy that I was able to help reduce your monthly rates during our phone call. I'm also happy to hear that all of your concerns were also taken cared of. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Heath

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

The Mediacom technician was good. The quality of service is good, too. However, I'm having problems with going from show to show. The TV doesn't want to switch off. And sometimes, the internet stops.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Mediacom has been very helpful. My husband passed away a year ago and Mediacom keeps going up. So I called them to see what could be done. I eliminated ESPN and some other ones. So I'm saving about $19 a month and that helps. The rep that I talked to was very, very helpful and very understanding. Most of the time, the service is really great. During the storm you still have reception. Once in a while, it couldn't connect on all channels. They had to reconnect. It took about 20 minutes and finally it all come back on again. So once in a while, that gets a little frustrating. There have been times where it's been off for a whole day. I would call Mediacom and they would say it was a problem somewhere and they were dealing with it. So that gets a little frustrating. But so far, it hasn't been during the time when I really wanna watch this one show.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

My experience with them has been good. I thought about changing because the bill is so expensive. But my husband likes the cable.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

The installation team seamed to be preoccupied with a couple of other jobs they were doing at the same time. It was hard to follow what they were trying to tell me. Other than that, it's been satisfactory with Mediacom.

Good morning James,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm sorry that our technicians during installation seemed preoccupied with other work. If you do happen to have any questions, please feel free to call us. I am happy to read that the service has been satisfactory for you. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

I have basic cable and the TiVo box program and my monthly bill is usually over $115 a month. I wish it was much cheaper than what I have to pay month to month. I hope within the next few months, it won't get any higher. Also, sometimes the internet is slow when I'm on my tablet. I sometimes have to pause and wait to let it catch up. But overall, I'm pleased with my Mediacom services. They take care of whatever my needs may be in a timely manner. I would recommend them.

Good morning Tarnetta,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm sorry to read that the prices are on the high side there. I did review your account and found that switching to Access 100 for your internet would save you a good amount. If interested, and if you are still having speed issues with your internet, please feel free to call us and we will be happy to help. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service at 800-332-0245 or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Mediacom Cable author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Mediacom specializes in bringing the same high level of digital services that residents of major metropolitan areas enjoy to small towns and cities across the United States. They currently serve over 1,500 communities in 22 states.

• Find your local office: Find out if Mediacom is available in your state and locate your nearest office on Mediacom’s website. If there isn’t yet availability in your area, Mediacom can find your local provider for you.

• Xtream: Mediacom’s Xtream home service combines the fastest available in-home Wi-fi with a TiVo® DVR, which allows you to record up to five shows at a time, watch your shows in any room of the house and on any device and set your DVR remotely.

• No contracts: Sign up for service from Mediacom without signing a contract. You can cancel at anytime without paying high early cancellation fees.

• Speed Boost: Supercharge your Internet by adding 100 or 150 Mbps to your Internet for only $10 or $20 per month.

• Free HD: Mediacom’s extensive HD lineup is available for customers to enjoy at no extra charge. In addition, if you already own an HDTV set, then Mediacom will automatically upgrade your Mediacom receiver to an HD receiver.

Mediacom Cable Company Information