toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

When I first moved here, Mediacom was what they had in the building. I just had two people come in and got Mediacom and I've been happy with it ever since. When the installers first came though, somehow the box that connects my phone and the TV weren't working right. So they brought me out a smaller box, put in, and I haven't had a bit of problem since.

I always get a lot on TV with Mediacom since in order to get the channels I want, I had to get a specific package. There are channels on it which I don't watch, but I do watch the channels that I like. I get a lot of sports. I also want my music channels, Western channel, and History channel. I also watch the biblical channels. I usually watch TV a little bit in the morning, from 7:30 sometimes up to 8:39. Then in the afternoon, if I'm up there, I'll turn it on and I'll listen to something while I'm doing something else. But usually my TV is mainly in the evening, from 7:00 up to bed time.

Most of their people have been very friendly and down-to-earth with me. The only issue I had was with one guy when I called the company a while back. My bill went up quite a bit so I called to see if I could lower it somehow. The guy said that they didn't have any programs at that time. So I then called one of the company's top women and they got it settled for me. I still got the same program but I had to sign a new contract for two years. But other than that, I have not had any problems with Mediacom's people. I still have my Mediacom because they always work with me. I'm very satisfied and I'd recommend this company to anybody.

Mediacom Cable

Thank you for your feedback Margaret!

We greatly appreciate your longtime service. It's customers like you who have made everything we've done as a company possible. Thank you. Hopefully we can have another great 20 years!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

A number of years ago I had DIRECTV and I didn't have television for a couple of weeks. I was thoroughly disgusted, dumped it and came to Mediacom. I have them for 20 years now. Their reps were great and very professional. Any of the repair people that I’ve called for some kind of service over the years have done their job, explained whatever was wrong and and left within a short period of time. I'm happy and satisfied with the service. However, I got a little problem right at the moment. When I'm switching channels, the number eight does not want to come up on the handset. I have to jock it around a couple of times to get it to come in. I would really appreciate if somebody could look at it. It's irritating.

Mediacom Cable

Thank you for your feedback Jonathan!

We truly appreciate the 40+ years of service you have had with us. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

The service men were thorough and capable. They diagnosed the problem and had to do the job in more than one day because the lines were all old and needed to be replaced. They were efficient and respectful. Thanks for a job well done and improved services at my home!

My experience is great. However, there could be more cheap deals for someone who just wants to have cable and internet. I feel most of the offers are for bundles and telephone lines. Also, there was an increment in my internet bill which it was not surprising but felt uneasy.

Christie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Mediacom. I sincerely apologize if our service did not meet your expectations and appreciate you taking time to share your concerns. I will personally research your concerns regarding your Internet services and contact you with a resolution.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Our internet connection keeps losing connection. At least one time a week we have to go restart the modem. When this happens we are unable to use the TiVo or watch any shows we have recorded. As far as the installation process I was satisfied with the service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

My tech was incredible. He had done 14 other homes and didn't complain at all. He was great. He had to go under my trailer which I won't even do. He was so polite and answered all my questions with ease. I really did feel like was a good guy. So I think you guys should give him a raise.

Mary,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Mediacom. I sincerely apologize if our service did not meet your expectations and appreciate you taking time to share your concerns. I will personally research your concerns regarding your account and contact you with a resolution.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I realized everything goes up but my bill has increased $25.00 throughout this last year. A representative told me to call in Sept. 2017 to re-negotiate my contract. She was very nice and helpful. All in all I like Mediacom. I do wish there were more free movies.

I have been a Mediacom customer for at least 15 years. There are many other providers out there competing against them. My experience has been that Mediacom has been a stable, progressive, interested in providing good service company. I have been very happy with their interest in solving problems that I may be having with any area of the "bundle" contract I have. I listen to many complaints that others have about different services, and I am grateful that I have stayed with Mediacom.

We got the package that includes a house phone, internet, and cable from Mediacom. Their sales team was real nice and the techs did okay on everything. Mediacom is doing a pretty good job except when the weather's real bad. It screws up a little but it comes back on, too. So, we don't worry about calling.

Eddie,

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I have Q-See security cameras. I need to view them remotely via the internet. They worked fine with my Netgear router/modem. The modem failed and I rented a router/modem from Mediacom. I am told the Mediacom (Cisco) modem cannot be configured so that the cameras can be viewed remotely. If this is true Mediacom needs to fix the problem!

Hello Alfred,

Our commitment is to provide consistent reliable service and an exceptional customer experience each time you interact with us. Based on your current feedback, we did not meet this goal. I will personally research your concerns regarding your service issue and contact you with a resolution.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

For eight years I have had problems with my internet connection. This entire time the problem has never been completely resolved. Actually seems to have gotten worse. Service from Mediacom is not worth mentioning. Very disappointed in every aspect of their company. Pathetic.

Hello Sam,

Our commitment is to provide consistent reliable service and an exceptional customer experience each time you interact with us. Based on your current feedback, we did not meet this goal. I will personally research your concerns regarding service issues and contact you with a resolution.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

I switched from AT&T U-verse and DISH network service in May 2016. U-verse internet and Dish network for TV. Both services were always on with good quality. My internet service with Mediacom is intermittently out like today it was off for around 15 minutes around 3pm. When needing to use the internet you never can count on it being up but it will generally be up in 15 to 30 minutes. Mediacom cable is almost always a question if the station tune in will work or will the picture be broken up completely or just part of the picture with several lines through it. Some channels work most of the time. When trying to watch a program on Hulu the show will stop somewhere during the show for 1 to 3 minutes and about 15 percent of the time you will have to exit Hulu and restart the show. This never happened with U-verse and Roku. With Mediacom it's like living in a third world country. If it was not for the discounted price of Mediacom I would be gone.

Dawn,

Our commitment is to provide consistent reliable service and an exceptional customer experience each time you interact with us. Based on your current feedback, we did not meet this goal. I will personally research your concerns regarding your account and contact you with a resolution.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

October 24, 2016 I called to try to lower my Mediacom bill for Internet & telephone service. I have been a customer since 2002. My account then was under Terry & Dawn ** and we lived in Clearlake Oaks, CA. Terry passed away in 2014. So your Customer Service Rep told me I could save money if I added TV in my guest room. (I have Directv in other rooms) So the tech arrived, said they didn't send all the equipment I needed. So I called and your C.S. Rep said the TV would end up costing me MORE so she cancelled it for me and lowered my bill. That part was great. But the tech left all of the equipment that was mailed to my house spread all over my kitchen & dining room & I have been waiting for someone to pick up this stuff ever since, I live in a small house. I had to CLEAN UP his mess!!! And I had to work around all that stuff during my THANKSGIVING with my family!

Finally Martin ** came today & picked it all up. He was great and apologized for the mess that was left and the amount of time it took to get picked up! Finally an APOLOGY from someone! You cancelled the first appt to pick up the equipt at 5 pm after I waited all day, you rescheduled an appt I was not asked but I missed the precall for pick up. So I had to wait between 8AM to 8PM on all 3 appt days. Totally unacceptable.

I am a disabled Veteran and NO ONE should have had the experience with your company that I had to have. I have been with you for almost 15 years and you put me through the wringer! I will no longer recommend Mediacom to any of my friends because of your customer service! And none of this would have happened if the first CS Rep had NOT tried to sell me a service that I didn't need and promise it would save me money when in fact my bill would have gone up a lot. If that 1st CS Rep knew what she was talking about I would not have been in this mess!

Shileen,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Mediacom. I sincerely apologize if our service did not meet your expectations and appreciate you taking time to share your concerns. I will personally research your concerns regarding your services and contact you with a resolution.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

We are very upset about your internet. We lose our connection all the time and my son's room won't even stay connected. We are going to be leaving your company and going to another one because this is what we have had to deal with since 7/25/2016. Plus we can get all channels and phone and internet for cheaper than we are getting it from your company. I'm just tired of having to have techs come out and they don't even know why my internet stinks. My address is **.

Montalvo,

Our commitment is to provide consistent reliable service and an exceptional customer experience each time you interact with us. Based on your current feedback, we did not meet this goal. I will personally research your concerns regarding your services and contact you with a resolution.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Ever since I had Mediacom service I have had problems with the internet service going out. Just recently I had a tech come out and he explained to me that the tech who eventually did the job, that everything was old and out of date and splitters were placed in areas they shouldn't have been. If you take a look at my call in history you will see. Not one time have I received a credit, it's always "we will get a tech out". I know losing 1 customer won't affect Mediacom business. So if the issue hadn't got resolved I was leaving Mediacom. The tech that came out recently was great and did a great job and explained things in a way that I could understand instead if doing rush work.

We switched to Mediacom for our cable, internet & phone. So far we have been very pleased. Not only with the installer that came but we had them come back to install TiVo on our other 2 tvs. I am thrilled with the internet and wifi service. My other was horrible so now just so happy with that.

Robert,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

When service was lost they made appointment. Tech care said there was nothing he could do, drove off. Call in again. Said they would call back, did not happen. About 3 other time they sent same tech out again. He check line, said had get someone, he would stop back, let us know and said we would be back up before thanksgiving which did not happen. Set appointment for a month later. Said if wasn't fix before that they could pick up the equipment, I would go elsewhere.

15 min later they show up, found the problem and repaired it, made sure everything was working. John ** and Andrew ** save us as a customer. Also the last person we talk to on the phone, she was the only one that said she call back that did. Sorry, I didn't get her name but she did a lot to get us services. One other thing, they sent a non Mediacom person to fix the break which he connect but did not check to see it was working. We have a number of month that the service was less than steady in and out but the one tech always someone else fault and left poor service. Sorry that it bad, but that is it.

I am happy with Mediacom's services for my area. I have had nothing but good things from them the internet is strong fast and stable. I want to call to cancel my cable service when I was on the phone with the representative she mentioned to me there was a new deal going on where I can get a hundred fifty mag plus 2 terabyte of data a month for no extra cost. I was really happy with that offer and for the team that keeps it all going.

I am happy with my experience with Mediacom, particularly signing up and cancelling my subscription. Both calls were handled efficiently and courteously. The only reason I did not rate 5 stars is because there were not many service appointments available when I needed one, so I was a bit inconvenienced. Otherwise I'm very pleased.

Dana,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Mediacom. I sincerely apologize if our service did not meet your expectations and appreciate you taking time to share your concerns. I will personally research your concerns regarding your services and equipment, and contact you with a resolution.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I have been unable to see my shows on my upstairs tv for over a month now, closer to 2 months. I called and ordered this adapter over a month ago and never received it. On that date, the rep gave me credit for a month of service b/c, #1 cable not working, TIVO not connecting to headquarters. #2 have never received directions on our TIVO box, she said directions were being sent, still have not received them. #3 I needed this adapter! I have a service call for Dec 15th. NOT HAPPY. I quilt UPSTAIRS!!! I watch tv UPSTAIRS! Husband watches sports DOWNSTAIRS!

Kayla,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I moved into my apartment approximately a year and a half ago. On doing so, I was informed that my sole option for internet was through Mediacom. I searched for reviews of the company and found them to be almost overwhelmingly negative. But, as it was my only option, I begrudgingly obtained the service. The customer service members were polite and helpful, the costs are high compared to the quality of service but aren't unreasonable, and the technician who set up my service was friendly enough to make the experience pleasant.

The service itself is decent enough. The speeds are not as promised and certainly not what I pay for, but repeated attempts to contact customer service to get the issue resolved have failed. Additionally, there will be days where the service cuts out continuously, where resetting the modem will work for only short periods and then require additional attention to repair.

On one occasion the hardware that I had been given upon setting up my service ceased working entirely and customer service informed me that I needed a replacement part. On exchanging my part with the new one, I was informed that the hardware I initially was given was very old and out of date. The fact that I had been given a part that was already out-dated was not pleasant to hear, to be sure.

My home is a Mediacom cable home... my brother and I love this company, if there's an issue with my phone or cable tv or internet, it may take a week but they do their job and it gets done thoroughly.

Mediacom has been fine. I've had it for many years. My one complaint is they don't even offer the MLB Network. In most cases people just switch to Dish to get it which I have considered. Why not do a survey of customers and see how many would be interested?

When the service (high speed internet) worked, it was great. The speed was excellent. Customer service experience was very poor. The website / customer portal is very difficult to use and navigate. It was very difficult to set up automatic payments. Whenever my service was disrupted or down, it took an unreasonable amount of time and effort to get Mediacom to restore the service, and the general level of troubleshooting skill by their average customer service personnel was very poor. Disruptions to the service were infrequent, but when they happened it caused enough pain to leave a lasting negative impression.

Your customer service department was recently very positive. I got a letter from MediaCom advising my internet speed would be upped to 100 mbps from 50 mbps without charge. This didn't happen. When I called about the letter, I was advised I would have to upgrade. I'll stick with the 50 mbps for now. I still frequently get loss of service from time to time.

Chose Mediacom for internet access because we get a faster download speed. When we would try to download something it would buffer. Figured out, we may have 50 mbs but we were only receiving 25-30 because of an old router. Received new one.

The representative was professional and courteous. She answered my questions accuracy and with a great attitude. I came away 100% satisfied. When the changes took place on my service, they were just as I thought they would be... no surprises. Great Service!

Jeremiah,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

Total mess every step of the way. From canceling appointments without permission to slowing down internet plan from 100 mbps to 50 and taking a week to fix it and to make matters worse we got horrible overage charges that wouldn't have happened had they fixed the internet plan in time.

The collections person was very helpful and was agreeable to my solution. I was treated with respect and courtesy. I really don't have anything more to say and think it is pretty silly to insist on 40 words. In the future, I will not answer these surveys if that is your criteria. Hope that makes sense to you.

Overall Mediacom is definitely better than its competition. Customer service is good. Product is reliable (other than a few glitches, which they are good to fix). My only complaints are really minimal and are as follows:

When I ordered I didn't get a special but was told I could call back after 6 months and get one. After 6 months they told me I could only get one as a new customer. When I ordered TIVO, months later, I had problems with it dropping connection, over and over. But, they did come out and fix it. They don't run cables inside the house for you. I wish their FREE On-Demand movies were better organized. A couple years ago, you could go to one place and find them all. Now you have to go to the individual channel folders to find them. I HATE this!!! It takes FOREVER and I'll find a movie I like, look a little longer, and can't remember where the one I liked was. HATE HATE this. Otherwise, I am very happy with everything, including responsiveness and quality of service.

Mediacom Cable Company Profile