Call toll free
(800) 479-2082
3.42/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Mediacom Communications offers best​-​in​-​class technology across rural America.​ ​With the fastest in-home WiFi, TiVo® DVR, 1 Gig Speed and so much more - customers are guaranteed to have a superior in-home entertainment experience. One of the fastest internet speed providers across their footprint; Netflix® has ranked Mediacom one of the top internet providers in April 2016. As the world becomes more technologically advanced so does Mediacom, investing millions into a nationwide fiber optic infrastructure so small town America will get to enjoy the most advanced Digital TV, High Speed Internet, and Digital Phone service for years to come. Hop on the super speedway and visit ​Mediacomcable.com​ to get the best in TV & Internet service today!

3376 Mediacom Cable Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 13, 2019

Mediacom was what we’ve always had in my house. Me and my hubby separated, and I called and got it turned back on in my name. I had some issues with them that I wasn’t happy with at first but we finally got that resolved last month. When the guy came, turned it on and hooked it up, it was $180. So, I gave him $80 in cash, and then I used my debit card from my work that my paycheck was on. They lost the debit card payment and they couldn’t find it. So, they kept billing me for three months and I was getting frustrated with them. Finally, I found some of my paperwork from when the guy came and installed everything. I found the reference number and they still couldn’t find my payment. I don’t know if they ever found it but it was taken out of my account.

I have no way of getting any printout with my debit card. I can get online and see the payment was taken but there’s no information to tell them what number they applied it to. Last month was the first one that didn’t have that extra payment on it. Everything was good with their customer service. They were nice to me whenever I called and asked them why it was still on my bill. They were professional and friendly with me whenever I talked to them so it wasn’t bad a deal where I had to scream at them. They promised they were trying to find it and they would get it taken care of, and they did. I got the Wi-Fi from Mediacom and installing it was easy. All the rep had to do was bring me a new box, put it in, activate it and he was done. It didn’t take him 10 minutes, so it was an in and out deal. I had to reset my box one time but other than that, I didn’t have any issues.

Good morning Becky,

Upon looking at the account, it looks like all issues have been resolved since 01/24/19. If you need more detailed information you can always call in, we can private message you, or we can call you when you’re available. We do want to thank you for your valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. It is always great to hear that our customer service representatives have been nice and professional since that is what we strive for. If you have any further questions, concerns, or service issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Christian

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I’ve been with Mediacom since 2001. All the other cable and internet companies here suck and Mediacom is just the better of the worst of all evils. I have usage issues every single day. My son is in high school and he has a tablet to do his homework so when the internet is down, he has to go to other people’s houses to do his homework. I've called and I’ve had them come out four times this year. And usually when the techs come in, they don’t tell me what’s going on. They'd just go down and say that everything is fixed and then they leave. They made me feel like I’m in the wrong. They made it seem like they’re coming in for no reason and I don’t know if they’re putting that on the paperwork.

Initially, the techs said the problem was the box. So, they kept swapping out boxes saying that was the key, but it wasn’t. The problem is outside of my house in the cable somewhere and it is getting jumbled up. The problem is usually the wireless internet, not the cable. We get Netflix and we can never get on Netflix because our internet’s down. We don’t even watch Netflix anymore because when my kids watch a TV show, the internet would drop halfway through so they'd get pissed and then they'd blame me. One tech told me that I had to get rid of my TVs so that my internet would work better. But we only use three and I only have one box. So, I only get the stuff that I pay for on one one TV only. The other two only get the basic things. I went to the office and told their rep what their tech said and she laughed. Those are the kind of techs that are sent into my home. They have no clue what they’re doing. There are some really good ones though.

Nevertheless, they have really good people that work for them and they really help. They know that there are issues and that the service is not always perfect. When you go into their office, they are super understanding and they would say, "We get it." I know it’s not their fault. I just don’t like paying money for things that should work properly but aren’t being fixed. The cable is just too expensive. I’m a single mom and I’m paying 150 a month for both internet and cable which is crazy. I wouldn’t mind paying it but it consistently have problems and I got tired of calling so I just left it. If it works, it's okay, if it doesn’t, it's okay too.

Good morning Jennifer,

Thank you for your review and longtime valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We sincerely apologize about any service issues that you might be experiencing. We are not seeing any completed service calls this year. The last one that we see was completed on 08/15/18. Would we be able to setup a service call for you to diagnose the issues you’re experiencing? We look forward to hearing from you.

Christian

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We’ve been a customer of Mediacom Cable for a long time and our experience with the company has been good throughout the years. Back at the time, I didn’t think all of the other internet or cable providers were available and I didn’t know anything about them. My husband is 89 and I’m 86, we don’t have a computer, our phone is with AT&T, and we have just the regular program for the TV that we watch, but the cost of the service has just gone up to $110 for us. On the other hand, my son and his wife have a computer and they have the TV, their phone, and the internet on the same program with Mediacom, but they only pay 130 something. So, it seems to me that for what we get, it's is getting to be very expensive for us.

The cost has gradually gone up. Also, one thing they do that I don’t agree with is that the service fee went up to $105 and there was no notice that it was being raised. Then just recently, with the last bill, it went up to $110. I don’t think it’s a good practice to raise a person’s bill with no explanation. Other than that, the customer service interactions that we’ve had with the representatives were good experiences. Everything was fine and everything went well.

Good morning Connie,

Thank you for your longtime valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We are glad to hear your experience has been good with us. We do apologize about any rate increases. We try to keep our rates as low as possible but it is difficult to do so because of programming costs, re-transmission fees, maintenance expenses, and the increases of taxes/surcharges. Rates will step up annually until a bundle or package reaches full price rate. Any other increases should have been noted in the last 1-2 billing statements. Also, when you bundle with more than one base service, service rates are lower for a 12-month period but after that it will increase. We hope this information helps and please reach out to us to see if we have any available offers to help lower your service rate. Have a wonderful day!

Christian

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Mediacom has provided my family with internet service for about 5 years. Up until about 3 weeks ago, I have been satisfied with it then the company has been weird. Our area was totally devastated by Hurricane Michael. Like all the area Utility Companies (electric, water, phone, and internet) they got things working again within ten days of the storm. I was quite impressed with this response. Mediacom had things working within 3 days of electrical power being available. Granted service was intermittent but as time went on it was getting more and more stable.

Then three weeks ago it went off completely, no signal to our house. The line was dead at the “tap”. I contacted Mediacom and they sent reps out right away. These local guys determined it was “dead at the tap”, and was something they could not fix and put in an order with some other department of Mediacom which got approved. Since then I haven’t seen anyone in our neighborhood working to fix this problem, nor can I get anyone at Mediacom to give me an expected time to fix. When I call or chat the representative empathizes with my frustration and that the technicians are working to solve my problem. Since I don’t see any worker here I have my doubts. All the people I interface with are nice and supportive, but have no information about when my service will be restored. We have been trying to upgrade our service to include TV and phone, but that didn’t happened due to the intermittent service.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I live in the Centerville Lofts and they had the system set up for Mediacom when they built the building. Mediacom is all they will allow us to have and we cannot have any dishes attached to the building. I've had Mediacom before and I've never had any problems with it. So this recent time, I called and told them that I wanted the TV hooked up to Mediacom. They set up a time and a tech came out and hooked it up. For some reason, I have a control board in the laundry room and when he came to do things, he had to go in there and flip some switches. I don't know what it was about but all I do now is turn it on, watch my programs, then turn it off.

I have all three services, the TV, phone and internet but and I do not have a telephone. So, when the phone calls come in on it, I just get the numbers at the top ‘cause I use a separate phone and I have the internet which I said I just finally got it hooked up. I've been trying to do it and I couldn’t do it. Since they came out and hooked the services up in February, I don’t have a telephone and I have not been able to use my computer because I couldn’t get it to work right. So, I've been paying for something I haven't had.

I have the basic cable and I'm thinking about upgrading it to the family system in a month or two because I haven't had movie channels. I like the fact that ION TV and Heroes and Icons got a day full of just one program and they show different episodes. Heroes and Icons also show JAG, which is my favorite program, on Wednesdays. If the TV doesn’t work then I'll be screaming. My health was going downhill and if anybody does something and I don’t like it, they'll hear about it before I was too short not to. If the system has a problem and it's being provided, then fix it or take it out.

Then this morning, one of my neighbors told me that her bill went up because they charged her for Starz. I told her that when one gets hooked up to Starz, they are given a three months trial period. She said that it was six months and she didn’t know about it. I then said that nobody told me I had Starz. So, if it comes up on my bill, I'll be calling somebody because I wasn’t told and I don’t like paying a TV channel which I wouldn’t have been watching because it's movies.

I didn’t mind paying for the computer because I knew I eventually would get it hooked up. I have had several friends trying to help me do it but I still couldn’t get it hooked up or to do anything. So, I called in and a tech came out the day before yesterday and he worked on it for quite a while. He worked on the computer, the TV, and other stuff and got those all set up so that I can use them. I had to put in my email as well and I had trouble doing that, but we finally got it done. Now, I've got to put in my address books and a few websites that I'm going to be using.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

Original review: July 13, 2019

Freezes up all time no matter if you have a faster speed or slow speed neither one plays that good. Now they don’t have the 48 dollar one and always a promotion deal. I hate that so at end of deal get it with a big bill for the same service.

Good Evening Lourania,
Thank you for your feedback. I also want to thank you for taking my call. I have asked you to test the modem directly connected. If it stops freezing we know it is the router. You would have the option to purchase a new router or we can send you a modem that has the WiFi built in. If it doesn't solve the issue my test was coming up equipment issues. We might have to just swap the modem. Please follow up with us and we can continue where we left off. I have noted your account. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I live in a rural area where the only ISP is Mediacom. I subscribe to 100 Mbps internet service they offer. For the first year the service was great with only minimum dropouts or lags. However for the past 3 months the service has declined significantly. I now have daily drop outs and lags. Running a speed test while connected directly to the Modem my download speed goes from 130 Mbps in low use hours to .6 and many time 0 Mbps during peak hours.

Today a technician was supposed to come to my house to check the connection. He was supposed to arrive between 8:00 AM and 12:00 noon. So I took off work for a half day to meet him/her. At 10:30 AM Mediacom calls and says they have to cancel the service call and reschedule. My son who lives a couple miles away has had the same problems. He switched to AT&T and has had no issues since. Unfortunately I do not have that option. I really think giving a 4 hour window for a technician to arrive is ridiculous in the first place and then to cancel after waiting for 2.5 hours is unacceptable. No other business could possibly remain in business with this poor level of service.

Original review: July 11, 2019

The order was not fulfilled. Service technician never showed between the hours of 1:00-5:00pm on the Friday of appointment. I also did not receive a phone call during the appointed time slot letting me know of any cancellations or changes to the service. The item I needed replacing/fixed is still out of service. :(

Good Afternoon Stacy,
I'm sorry to hear we missed your appointment time. I am showing a canceled visit that has a note stating tech left voice message at 2019-06-21 17:23. It is showing it is for a service issue with a cable box not powering on. If you still need assistance if you can please call back to customer care. We would be happy to schedule a new appointment. I have attempted to call but unfortunately just got your voice mail. I do apologize for any inconvenience. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Resolution response: July 12, 2019

Thank you for the response. I was contacted by Mediacom and I was explained different reasons why my modem isn’t working. She also explained how Mediacom updates their equipment and sometimes they come across equipment that has not been exchanged for the updated equipment..I was also told I could buy my own equipment instead of using the rented equipment. (That was new to me. I was never told that.) I am sorry to the lady I forgot her name. Thank you for the response.

Original review: July 10, 2019

We are always having problems with our internet not working. Since we became a first time customer in 2010 they have been to my house about 10 times and it’s been about the internet. The internet is always breaking down. The equipment is always going bad and needs replaced. In the past year they have been to my house 6 times. Last year they replaced our internet Modem cause our other modem just stop working. That modem lasted two years. The modem before that was replaced twice. From January 2019 to June 2019 they been to the house two times. Our cable failed and the box needed replaced. The second time the internet modem failed and needed replaced. That internet modem was installed in 2018 and was replaced in May of 2019. And this internet modem is junk. Will probably need replaced soon..

Sometimes I think to myself is it really worth it to have internet or should I go to the library and use their internet cause it actually WORKS!!!! I will not recommend Mediacom to no one. When I am asked about Mediacom, my exact words Mediacom is a waste of money. One time asked the cable guy why are the internet modems always his opinion he said the internet modem the cable companies have are not built for this much internet usage. He went on to say that most of his day consist of placing internet modems. He also said the other problem he said is that Mediacom does not have new equipment and it’s all refurbished. The cable boxes and internet modems I have in my van are not new. He said he has worked Mediacom for 5 years and has never installed a new equipment.

Good Afternoon Brian and Denise,
Thank you for taking my call today and giving me the opportunity to explain how the modems have changed in the past couple of years. I also gave you options on if you wanted to purchase your own. I am glad to hear your service are working like they should be now. If you have any questions or concerns please never hesitate to call Mediacom. We appreciate your business.

Original review: July 8, 2019

The above number is my account number, I paid a bill May-June 18 June using a debit card, I received a bill recently that said that had June saying I had not paid. l paid that $104.48 which I had using the automated system.

Good Evening Wayne,
I do apologize for the payment not processing. Did it go through on your debit card? If it did you should be able to call customer service and we can give you directions how to make a payment claim. We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Had a situation where a replacement modem wasn't being recognized so I called in after following all the APP instructions for troubleshooting. Person on the phone was great and knew right away that it would take a tech on-site to remedy. He came out, very professional and looked over everything, turned out the unit was completely programmed from the shipping. He did that and checked the entire wiring, saw we had a "weak signal input" from outside and would report it. We saw an Xtream truck in the neighborhood the very next morning and have not had any problems. The Upload/Download speeds are much better than they were 30-90 days ago. They sometimes slip to slower, but are generally good.

Original review: July 7, 2019

While service and reliability have gone down prices have gone up and I am forced to keep a home phone I no longer need or they jack other rates up on internet and cable. I have Mediacom service center less than 1/2 mile from my house and now every time they come out they want to charge me 35.00. My cable messes up constantly dropping signal intermittently. 1 gigabyte internet could be 900 1 min 650 the next. Never has it read 1 gig. I been a customer since 2008 and I am real disappointed. All while prices increase. Nothing like it was.

Good Afternoon Henry,
The promotion that we put you in April 2019 is the same promotional price whether you had phone service or did not have phone service. The base price for both the offers is 131.16 before any additional services and taxes and surcharges. I do show we credited you the 29.00 service charge. Your speeds will vary depending on the equipment your connecting to in your home and how many devices you have connected to your WiFi. Please call customer care if cable is still dropping signal, we would be happy to assist you. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 7, 2019

We thought our internet was not working properly so we called and got the nicest tech, who tried to work through our problem. Since we were unable to resolve it a wonderful tech came to our home. Mediacom has been good to us.

Good Evening Jackie,
Thank you for the wonderful review. I am sorry to hear that you have had problems with your internet service. I am glad that everyone your came in contact with was nice and worked to resolve your issue. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 7, 2019

Ordered service on 6/28 w/ a scheduling date of Sun. 7/7 at 8 - 8:30 AM. Mediacom even sent me a box of the equipment the Friday night prior which was to be installed. Installation Day finally rolls around after 10 days of waiting & of course, naturally, nobody showed nor even called to notify & reschedule. Had to call Mediacom myself 3 hours later, having wasted my entire Sunday morning for some reason naively confident that a technician would ultimately arrive (or at least someone would call or e-mail to communicate the difficulties).

The first operator who answered my request for call back was an American English speaking male, & he immediately hung up in my face once I told him the problem. This has already been not a good first impression of Mediacom, especially considering I’ve already become quite familiar w/ the criminal abuses & practices of another shady mega-telecom company, AT&T/DirecTV, & thus was already almost entirely exhausted & fed up w/ cable altogether anyway.

The second operator was a nice accented Indian woman who did all she could to help given the constraints of the incompetent corporate system, being honestly the only one appearing actually eager to do her job. She explained the dispatcher’s excuse, something to the effect of “thunderstorms” & “lack of manpower” & gave an odd description of all the Mediacom technicians in the area having to work on one pole at the same time. One couldn’t help but laugh at the comical imagery.

She was able to give me a reschedule date of 7/13, over 2 weeks since initially placing the order, & longer than it had ever taken for me to get cable installation in the past, which was usually able to be done the next day or weekend maximum. I thought that, as a new customer, capitalist corporations perceived me as new money & as such their primary drive was to generate new business & profits, but I guess Mediacom as a company harbors a different core mission in regards to its customer service. I immediately & emphatically stated that I just wanted to cancel my service & business w/ Mediacom completely, & that was & ever will be my entire experience w/ Mediacom as a company. So I have no good things to say about Mediacom other than that I thank them for showing me their true colors before I ever even had to spend a penny on their services.

Good Afternoon Cameron,
We do apologize for the inconvenience. The notes on the account stated per management needed to be rescheduled and that someone from our field support did try to call at 10:42 am central standard time and call would not go through. I do apologize we were unable to reach you. The summer months are a very busy season for us so I do apologize for the delay in our appointment times and the lost connection from one of our representatives. If you would like to give us another try we would greatly appreciate it. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 7, 2019

One of our bedroom TVs was not displaying channels. The Service Tech quickly ascertained the problem and fixed it. It did take a home visit to fix it because we needed a new remote and cable box. The automated help obviously didn’t work but Mediacom did provide in home Service after the automated help was unsuccessful.

Good Afternoon Kathy,
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that we resolved your issues. We have times, we send a technician when we are not able to resolve your issues over the phone. We do appreciate you letting us into your home, so we could resolve your service issues. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 7, 2019

The technician came to his appointment at Monday 7/01 at 5:30 pm. Checked some things out. I got the impression that he did not really want to fix the problem (and he did not). I went to the Mediacom office and swapped out for a new modem and installed a new fax machine. I still have transmission problems and the fax call does not complete in most cases. I think that this is utter crap. I would like to have this issue fixed, come on!!

Good Afternoon Mike,
I do show you have an upcoming service appointment. I will follow up with you after the visit to make sure everything is working properly. I'm sorry the last technician did not rectify the problem for you. Your phone is only active in the tel 1 port on your modem. Tel port 2 is not active. I just want to make sure you have checked. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 7, 2019

Installation went very well, service person was helpful and did a great job. Came back next day and install longer wire to hook up my desktop PC. I was completely happy with the service he provided. When the original modem did not work properly he went out and got a new one.

Good Afternoon Curtis,
We are happy to hear that everything went well with you Mediacom installation. We will forward that your technician did a wonderful job to his supervisor. I'm sure he will be pleased to know that you took the time to let us know he did a great job. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 7, 2019

Not sure why I got this. I like the service and overall I like my cable and internet and phone with MediaCom. My only problem is I think the prices are way way way too high. Generally when you call with a problem that they can fix on the phone they are very helpful and polite. But if you need an in-home appointment you have to wait forever. That and the price are two major factors that I don't care for.

Good Afternoon Michael,
Thank you for your review. I am showing that we signed you up for a different plan on March 1, 2019. You do have a few additional channels and an additional cable box that is increasing your monthly price from the promotional package price. We are working on improving wait time for service technicians. Hopefully in the future we can improve the wait time in your area and provider you with a quicker resolve. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I’m used to this as Mediacom hasn’t been very reliable on their word. Shopping other providers currently. I will leaving Mediacom soon as I cannot count on you to provide and bill for the promised service. Thank you very much.

Good Afternoon Jason,
I am sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with your Mediacom services. I see you recently made changes to your plan, so that I can assist you can you be more specific on what was promised so I can assist you. I would like to try my best to rectify the issue. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 7, 2019

Most of my time with Mediacom has been good. I would say their internet system has a 99.9% up time. My speed is very good for my usage. When I have had to call Customer Support their personnel have been knowledgeable, easy to work with, and solved my problem. I did drop their TV for Dish. I would guess I have had more signal outage with Dish, but preferred content.

Good Evening Ed,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you are happy with your internet service. If there were channels that you are now getting with Dish that you would like Mediacom to have, we always welcome channel requests. You can call into Mediacom and we can send over a request for new channels. We always welcome the feedback. Hopefully in the future we can win you back over to cable. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I’m done with MediaCom because I moved. It was an okay service for where I lived at the time because I didn’t have any other choices. It was definitely overpriced, though, and I was never offered any discounts or promotions or upgrades for being a long time customer. Now I have a plug and play Ethernet service that has a month to month tax inclusive flat rate (much lower) and I feel that’s how it should be.

Good Afternoon Marissa,
We are sorry to see you go. We are not a service provider in your new service area. Moving to one of America's largest cities, you have a lot of service options. I am glad you found something that works for you at your new address. Hopefully in the future if you return to a Mediacom territory you will revisit us. We have appreciated your business.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I keep having problems with my front room cable box. Making me having to constantly resetting the box to try and get the same channels to watch. Sometimes it works. Barely! Sometimes it doesn't. When I started my service with Mediacom I was promised a $200 gift card if I had no late payment in a 6 month period. It's been almost a year now that I have my service and still no gift card. Not HAPPY!

Good Afternoon Richard,
I do apologize to hear you are having problems with you cable service staying connected. It looks like we came out and did some work outside of the home in May. If we have not been able to resolve your issues over the phone with your cable box, we can schedule a visit with a technician. You can reach Mediacom's customer service 24/7 we can offer over the phone assistance and schedule a visit if needed. I do see another associate is investigating why you have not received your gift card. We will follow up with you once we have a response on why you did not get your gift card. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I signed up with Mediacom for cable, internet and home phone service. After 3 months the price went up 20% and the available cable channels were cut to local channels only. The first rep told me 'They must have done an audit of your service. You weren't paying for everything [cable channels] you were getting.' So I reviewed the contract, and the price increase was due to the 3 free months of Showtime running out. OK. I get that. But I had signed for the low-tier cable package including channels like AMC, TBS, SyFy, etc. sI called back twice more and spoke with two other service reps. The last rep was not just unhelpful, but openly contemptuous. I had wanted to drop the cable and keep the internet; the rep said it would be cheaper to keep everything. Keep. Everything. When the service has been cut and the price increased. No thanks.

Good Evening Cindy,

If I look at your account, it was started with local plus TV and Showtime. You were getting a Showtime promotion for the first 3 months. If you did not want Showtime we could have removed that for you. There are times that family cable which is what AMC, TBS, SyFy, etc... would fall under bleed through during an install. We do have auditors who go through and check the lines and if they find an error in programming they do correct. We could have removed the cable tv, but your internet would be at full price. You were getting a discount combining the services together. I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you hopefully in the future Mediacom could revisit different offers for you.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I have had my cable TV, internet, and telephone with Mediacom for many years. When my cable TV was acting up, the repair was done well and completely. I have always been happy with customer service from Mediacom and would recommend them.

Good Evening Margaret,
Thank you for the wonderful review. In today's world you seem to always hear the negative and seldom the positive. So we love when someone takes the time to let us know we are doing a great job. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I usually receive good response to issues. However I do not much appreciate the attempt on the online system to help solve whatever issues I have. The system should allow immediate switch to customer support if I so choose. I have few problems or outages. I feel like I pay too much.

Good Evening Dave,
I do apologize, if you ask for an agent it should forward you to an agent. If we do have a high call volume the automated system will try to resolve your issue as much as it can. Today there is an outage in your area on 07-08-19 for internet and phone so if you call in it will automatically give you the service outage message for your area. Please follow up with us on billing issues. You are always welcome to look at promotions we are offering to see if it will save you money. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 6, 2019

When my price got over $65 and CenturyLink had a price for life, I was going to cancel. But the agent offered me $25 for the first year, then $10 each year after that. However, I was bumped up $20 the 2nd year instead. So I called, that agent said I never went over 400 mg and she could move me to a plan for 400mg for $30, but the first month I went over 400 mgs for 3days. So I was charged $30 for that. So I called again, and went back to 1000 mgs. Then I had problems getting reception so I called again, that agent had me unplug everything, then plug it back in. She ran a test for mgs. I wasn't receiving 1000 mgs, so she set up the repairman appointment.

I could not get the tv in the bedroom to recognize internet, so my daughter it set up and put on a new password. When the repairman came he explained the mgs test the agent had me do. The mgs are divided among all my devises. He offered to explain how my daughter found my password. So I was charged for the visit (which was deleted on my next call). In the end I am paying 45.00 and the 1st agent lied to me with the offer of 10.00 a year.

Good Afternoon Bobby,
I do apologize for the misinformation that was given to you. You are correct on the newest statement your monthly amount is 44.99. With the internet usage in your home, this is the best plan we have for you. I did make sure your overage charges were removed, due to the change being a poor recommendation. It is a plan that has no contract and your price does increase 20.00 on the 2nd year. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I called to see if there were any promotions running for internet service and realized that we were paying for internet and phone. We didn't need the phone service so I cancelled that and got a great deal on just internet. I was told that someone would need to come out to the house to check something to do with the phone line and they would be at my house the next day between 5pm and 7pm. I was at my house the entire time and nobody showed up.

Once 7pm arrived I called in to see why nobody had showed up and was told that someone did show up and it was taken care of. It would have been nice to know that I didn't need to wait at home during that time or that the person coming wasn't going to ring the doorbell or notify us that they were here. I was also not told until I called in to ask where the tech was that there would be a charge for the tech coming out. Again, not a huge issue but it would have been helpful to know I was being charged for this. Still happy with Mediacom's service, just some minor inconveniences that could be improved!

Good Afternoon Emily,
I do apologize for the inconvenience and I have credited you for the 29.00 service call. This will be forwarded for training purposes. Thank you for the feedback. We hate to lose your business on the phone but are happy you have chosen to keep internet with us. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to customer service, we are here for you 24/7. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: July 6, 2019

Tech was very nice but unaware it was an installation and our appt was later in the day so he was not prepared to be as late as he ended up being. Tech was rushed to get out and we were not shown how to properly go thru the channels and HBO was not set up. Customer service was helpful.

Good Afternoon Lisa,
I do apologize for the rushed job on your installation of service and time was not taken for you to have a clear understanding of your services. I am glad to hear customer service was helpful to you. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please never hesitate to call. Customer service is here for you 24/7.

Original review: July 6, 2019

Hi. We have had Mediacom for just over one year. We have had many issues with having lost service and and some other issues with wifi. Service tech when they have come were very courteous. Now we were not informed about channel changes or time changes.

Good Afternoon Jeff,
I do apologize for the service issues you have had. When you are talking about channel changes. I have some questions so that I can further assist you. Are you talking about channels that are missing from your line up or channels that have changed station numbers? And time changes are you talking about the appointment itself changing times or when a show is scheduled? If you could please leave me some additional feedback, I would be happy to answer your questions.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I dropped TV and phone from my account at the end of April 2019 when I left AZ for the summer. Equipment was turned in at the local office that day. About a month later I started receiving reminders to turn in equipment, and some other robocalls that ask me to call back. There is NO reason for these calls as I’ve been told several time by customer service reps. There was one instance with my home controller that was resolved perfectly by the technical rep, Clay.

Good Afternoon Susan,
I have sent a ticket for you requesting the automated calls to stop. I will follow up with you in a couple of days to see if you are still receiving calls. I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Mediacom Cable expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Mediacom specializes in bringing the same high level of digital services that residents of major metropolitan areas enjoy to small towns and cities across the United States. They currently serve over 1,500 communities in 22 states.

• Find your local office: Find out if Mediacom is available in your state and locate your nearest office on Mediacom’s website. If there isn’t yet availability in your area, Mediacom can find your local provider for you.

• Xtream: Mediacom’s Xtream home service combines the fastest available in-home Wi-fi with a TiVo® DVR, which allows you to record up to five shows at a time, watch your shows in any room of the house and on any device and set your DVR remotely.

• No contracts: Sign up for service from Mediacom without signing a contract. You can cancel at anytime without paying high early cancellation fees.

• Speed Boost: Supercharge your Internet by adding 100 or 150 Mbps to your Internet for only $10 or $20 per month.

• Free HD: Mediacom’s extensive HD lineup is available for customers to enjoy at no extra charge. In addition, if you already own an HDTV set, then Mediacom will automatically upgrade your Mediacom receiver to an HD receiver.

• Best for: Mediacom is best for families and individuals who live in rural areas where Mediacom offers service.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs