3.8/5 (648 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Mediacom Cable

Mediacom Communications offers best​-​in​-​class technology across rural America.​ ​With the fastest in-home WiFi, TiVo® DVR, 1 Gig Speed and so much more - customers are guaranteed to have a superior in-home entertainment experience. One of the fastest internet speed providers across their footprint; Netflix® has ranked Mediacom one of the top internet providers in April 2016. As the world becomes more technologically advanced so does Mediacom, investing millions into a nationwide fiber optic infrastructure so small town America will get to enjoy the most advanced Digital TV, High Speed Internet, and Digital Phone service for years to come. Hop on the super speedway and visit ​Mediacomcable.com​ to get the best in TV & Internet service today!

Mediacom Cable Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

Original review: March 23, 2022

I have a telephone, internet, and television service with Mediacom. For two years, the quality of the service was a real pain. There was always static and the service was always going down. They told me the problem that I was having was not with their service. It was with Pearl River. They had some transformers that needed replacing. It was not a smooth transition, it was intermittent. I needed something smooth to carry the internet, and that wasn't working well.

When they started going through the transition from one service to another, it would always break down and I'd have a problem. I called and asked about it. They'd tell me I have this contract. But I never really had any contracts. But I went on because I didn't have any other options. Then they started doing some things with Xtream. Once all of our services started speaking the same language, things started to work a little better.

I called and I had some complaints about some of the services, they said I'd have to talk to corporate. I said, “Here's the old corporate line.” They asked for my number and said they'd have corporate call me. I said to give me a timeframe. They said within 48 hours. In about seven hours, corporate actually called. I was shocked. I didn't even know what to say then. They had gone through the history of the system and they were telling me, “We see this. We can do this. What do you think?” I said, “Yes, thank you very much.” I was never really displeased with anything in the interactions.

A couple of their representatives lack a few communication skills though. The best person that I had to deal with was an individual that I thought would be hard to deal with. But she was very professional. Everything she did, she explained. She said she had to do something with one of the lines. Her ladder was hanging on her truck, so she couldn't get it. But she said she got to call somebody to help her get the ladder off the truck. I said I could help her. She said, “My insurance won't cover you." Somebody came and she took care of things.

They were easy with a lot of things. At one time, they called and I was a little upset. I told them, if they didn't fix my service, I’m gonna have to move their pole out of my yard. They set up an appointment, but they wouldn't show up. When I called back, they said I cancelled it. I said no, I didn't cancel it. Obviously, the rep canceled it. But when I set up a new appointment, they explained to me what had happened.

Good afternoon Wilmet,

Thank you so much for your review as well as taking our calls. I do apologize for the issues you experience but you did confirm with me today that things are going well. If you do have any questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Jessica

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2022

Mediacom was the only one that offered 1 gig services in my area for internet for my gaming. I like that there's no contract and that I can cancel my service whenever I want to. Every time I call with an issue, they're on it and they get it fixed. As far as their techs go, on the other hand, I've had issues. I know quite a bit about my internet and my setup with my routers. I have to run VPNs and a bunch of other stuff with my system because I game and it's important for me to protect my software, my hardware, and everything else.

I paid for one gig service and the technician showed up and he didn't authorize my house for that one gig service so I was only getting 215 megabytes of internet. He kept telling me that there was nothing I could do about it. He just didn't know what he was doing. He clearly did not have the knowledge he needed to be doing the job. They sent out a different one and it was fixed in 20 seconds. It's just simple stuff like that. He ran it fast and he was out. Some days, there seems to be higher traffic in the area and I'll have lag issues. But what did I expect? I live in a small town in the middle of Wisconsin so I can’t really expect the best of the best. I'd recommend them in this area.

Good afternoon Ryan,

Thank you for taking my call today and for taking the time to write and post your review. Thank you for letting us know in regards to the very intermittent lag spikes. We will check into this on our side a bit further, but do try what I mentioned in regards to the QOS on your router. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Heath

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I have slow internet connection. And there are certain channels that we get and others that we don't. It's the way our apartment is, but our internet is slow. Mediacom should offer a little incentive to make us feel appreciated for being with them. One month free for being the loyal customer, or half on our bill, or any little thing. Because this day, any little thing helps. Me and my husband is just us. So, he didn't want to get the cable. He really just wanted to get the internet and had to order stuff to go on to TV because I have smart TVs in the house. But I wanted the cable because there are certain shows that I like and certain channels that I can't get, like the FXX channel and I don't know why.

Because we get a bunch of channels, I just couldn't pick particular ones off I hated. But we got 4,000 megabytes. We had dropped it down to 1,000, and we wanted to get all of the channels that I wanted to get. And for us to have them many channels, I should have access more to the channels than I have. Also, Mediacom didn’t keep my price at the same price. It keeps sliding up and up. They keep using this Coronavirus to raise everything. You get one step ahead, they put you two steps back. My bill was 181, now, it will jump up to 195. How far else are they gonna go? We thought we had a set price.

My TVBD went up six months ago and my channels, whatever is paid off for a week or two. I asked them to reimburse me and nothing like that. We still pay for it and they got it straight. So, I just let that roll because I can't get it back now. I'll stick with them until they get too high. If they do, then I'll start looking at my own well channels. Other than that, we have been getting good service with them.

Good morning Arcidus,

Thank you for taking my call this morning and for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm quite happy that I was able to help reduce your monthly rates during our phone call. I'm also happy to hear that all of your concerns were also taken cared of. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Heath

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Back in May, I ordered the 360 Wi-Fi booster from Mediacom and the technician came out. He wired everything up and everything looked good and worked out. But when I brought up some of my auxiliary equipment, nothing worked. When I called Mediacom and explained what was going on, they said it's an enclosed system and it's not going to power other auxiliary items that I have on the network. But I have to have the network up and running. So, after we figured out what was going on and the Mediacom technicians on the phone agreed with it, the technician made a service call, came out, disconnected the system, and got everything back up the way it should be. He packed up the equipment and took it away. I asked him to turn it in and get it off my account, and he said it was no problem.

Then, last month, I looked at my bill and it jumped to $20. I saw there was a charge for the 360 for $10. So, I pulled the rest of the bills going back through May and sure enough, the tech never returned the equipment in and never reported what happened. I was being billed $10 a month off until that point in time between May and December. So, I talked to the girl and she said she'd have to turn it in for a review into a committee and the committee would decide whether or not I'd get the credit. I got the bill the day before yesterday for this month and I saw that there was a $9.02 reduction. That was fine but I was looking for a credit for May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December. I haven't called in though. I'll give them another month to clear the system and see if they give me the credit.

Other than that, we're locked in with Mediacom because they're the only one that comes up to our section of the world as we're out in the boondocks. But I noticed that for the last three days, the media truck was out there working on the pole then I found that in the morning, when I came down to start the day, nothing was working. So, I had to reboot the router and I had to reboot the modem. Then everything had come up and worked all right. But the next day, the system had fallen out again. If it continues, I'll go ahead and get a service called. It's probably the modem again.

My neighbor across the street and I are the only two people on the street for 800 meters on either side who are subscribed to Mediacom and it was funny that he was on my utility pole, but he was servicing the house across the street. I haven't talked to my neighbor yet to see what her problem was but it's nothing serious and the world goes on. All in all, Mediacom is doing a good job.

Good afternoon William,

Thank you for taking my call today and for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm glad that I was able to get everything corrected for you with your bill. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Heath

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

During a windstorm I lost cable and called it in. Got the automated system and they said there was an outage in our area and would be repaired by ten fifteen pm. I did not expect that to happen as it was still very windy and was hoping they would not send your crew out in this high wind event. The following day I called again and automated system said outage in my area still so I figured your company had a lot of damage as well so the following day I called the number and just stayed on the phone to talk to an actual person. She was very helpful and she said no outage was no longer reported in my area. She tried sending a signal and said that I was not receiving a signal. First she told me she could send someone out which would probably be three to five days.

I was somewhat disappointed that it could not be done sooner and then she said, "Let me call dispatch" to see if she could get me help sooner and they were able to send someone out within an hour or two to get me repaired. Turns out the wind had somehow unscrewed my connection up on the pole. He reinstalled it and everything was working again and I did not have to go 3 to 5 more days without my service which I was grateful for.

Good afternoon Joe,

Thank you for taking my call today and for taking the time to write and post your review. During our call, I was able to place you in a new promotion that helps reduce your rate. We also spoke about what had took place and I was very happy to hear that our representative went the extra mile to speak with our dispatch department. If you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Used Mediacom in 2013 for a few months, unplugged box and returned for refund. They went away and came back as Xtreme, even worse in 2020. Lied to me about the program and what I would get and programs I would (never) get. Took 2 months (have all dates documented) to get service hooked up and still never worked. Installer used splitters to connect cables, left wires hanging in utility box and walked out during hookup?? Customer service didn't care, said they would send someone out in 2 weeks!!

I'm a disabled senior on a fixed income, my 19.99 special went up on first bill, forced to pay for maintenance fee or they would charge 75.00 every time they came out to fix a service that never worked. I was looking at a round white circle or snow on my TV for 24 hrs, I had to drive down the street to use internet on my phone. They ended up blocking my phone number, texts and email access, while I was making payments, charging me for the equipment before they even asked me to return it. I ended up with over a 700 bill and sent to collections.

I have texts, pictures, copies of bills and recordings to back all this up. DO NOT USE MEDIACOM/Xtreme under any name. Disgusting company, does not care about its customers. I couldn't return their equipment in 2020 and parts of 21 due to Covid closing mailing facilities. Plus between surgeries and hospitalization I have been unable to carry equipment box or drive. I want this box out of my house. Only reason I'm writing now is because they are advertising on TV again. Do not be fooled by 19.99. Use Dish, Frontier or Verizon. Direct TV is part of Mediacom and liars also!! That story is too long to tell here. Thank you.

Hello Theresa,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm sorry to hear that things turned out the way that it did for you. I do see that your account was disconnected about 2 years ago. Please call us at 800-332-0245 as we would love to figure out a way for you to get the equipment back to us that would work for you. If you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

The internet service is really good, and I have never had a negative experience with it. My issue comes with the way that billing works. I always believe I'm caught up, but then I get a letter in the mail, and the next day, my internet gets shut off until I pay the bill. It's supposed to be set up on auto withdrawal and there's always plenty of money in my account. I'm working from home today, and it went out overnight. So, I just popped on my hotspot rather than trying to get on the phone with these folks to figure it out because not super helpful.

Good morning Steven,

Thank you for taking my call this morning and for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you had with initially starting on autopay. Our system does delay 1-2 billing cycles before it starts. I'm sorry for any issues that this may have caused you. I am happy to hear that your internet service from us is good. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Heath

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I've had a very good experience with Mediacom. I love their internet service. I will recommend it to anybody over the others out there, because with a couple of them, if it rains, you get nothing. I don't have any issue with Mediacom. Also, they have some patient people there. Some of the times, I'll be asking, “Well, why is my bill this? Why is my bill that?” and they will calmly tell me, “Hey, the reason why it's so high is because that’s two months bills." In fact, I just went through that today.

Good morning Regina,

Thanks for taking the time for your review. I am happy to hear you are satisified with our services as well as our customer service. We are happy to help anytime. If you have further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Suzzane

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I've been with Mediacom for over 25 years and we have their Internet and cable. The internet is good but the cable seems way overpriced. Historically, my experience with their customer service was not that great. But last year, Mediacom seems to do a much better job on technical support.

Good morning David,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm sorry in regards to pricing and also in regards to your customer service experience. We are actively working on improving this every day. Thank you for sharing your experience. If you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

The installation of our Mediacom went fine. The guy came in and plugged it in. I probably could have done it. But it's always nice to have someone else do it in case there's a problem.

Good morning Thomas,

Thanks for your review. I am happy to hear the installation went well for you. Please feel free to reach out if any problems arise. If you have further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Suzzane

Mediacom Cable author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Mediacom specializes in bringing the same high level of digital services that residents of major metropolitan areas enjoy to small towns and cities across the United States. They currently serve over 1,500 communities in 22 states.

• Find your local office: Find out if Mediacom is available in your state and locate your nearest office on Mediacom’s website. If there isn’t yet availability in your area, Mediacom can find your local provider for you.

• Xtream: Mediacom’s Xtream home service combines the fastest available in-home Wi-fi with a TiVo® DVR, which allows you to record up to five shows at a time, watch your shows in any room of the house and on any device and set your DVR remotely.

• No contracts: Sign up for service from Mediacom without signing a contract. You can cancel at anytime without paying high early cancellation fees.

• Speed Boost: Supercharge your Internet by adding 100 or 150 Mbps to your Internet for only $10 or $20 per month.

• Free HD: Mediacom’s extensive HD lineup is available for customers to enjoy at no extra charge. In addition, if you already own an HDTV set, then Mediacom will automatically upgrade your Mediacom receiver to an HD receiver.

Mediacom Cable Company Information