3.99/5
  • 1 star
Based on 679 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Mediacom Communications offers best​-​in​-​class technology across rural America.​ ​With the fastest in-home WiFi, TiVo® DVR, 1 Gig Speed and so much more - customers are guaranteed to have a superior in-home entertainment experience. One of the fastest internet speed providers across their footprint; Netflix® has ranked Mediacom one of the top internet providers in April 2016. As the world becomes more technologically advanced so does Mediacom, investing millions into a nationwide fiber optic infrastructure so small town America will get to enjoy the most advanced Digital TV, High Speed Internet, and Digital Phone service for years to come. Hop on the super speedway and visit ​Mediacomcable.com​ to get the best in TV & Internet service today!

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 13, 2017

2002 Mediacom Cable Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

The person who came: Joe, was very patient and helpful and not only took time to help reset our remote but then re-instructed us in TIVO use. We have had a number of calls since joining Mediacom this summer and the phone helpline was always helpful and the people were friendly.

James,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Mediacom! Thank you for giving us such an outstanding rating! Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience each time you interact with us. It appears, in your specific case, this was exemplified.

Don't forget to download the Mediacom mobile care app. It is available on both Android or iOS devices. On the app you can check on outages, troubleshoot service issues, set up a service call, check and pay your bill, and view your internet usage just to name a few things.

Thanks again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your business!

Phil C.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I have had the service for about 4 months and have had only one problem. I am satisfied with the service overall however. The only time I ever had an issue was when trying to stream The Walking Dead on my laptop from my hotel room. For some reason I couldn't get it to work and spent about an hour on the phone until I just gave up.

Aaron,

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Been with Mediacom since 2013 (internet) & 2014 (triple play). During this time, I've had 3 major hardware issues: - Internet signal strength. - Main TiVo DVR failure. - MoCA network failure. All have been resolved, but said resolution took a fair amount of my own technical expertise. Basically Mediacom is great if you're tech savvy, know what you're doing, and patient. On the software side, TiVo service hasn't been as good as desired, but TiVo themselves have been good at improving this.

Judah,

Phil C.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

FINALLY. A real Mediacom tech that not only knew what he was doing but cared about actually solving a problem! Mediacom is STUPID for using contractors. We had no shows, late shows, and “I don’t give a **” guys out here when we moved last month. They reflect very poorly on Mediacom and greatly harm the brand. We were one last visit away from switching service. Cory saved your ass.

Robert,

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

We are happy with the cable viewing service itself, BUT we are unable to take advantage of all of the extra services because we cannot get our login account fixed. We have called MULTIPLE times to try to get all of our log-ins aligned with passwords to no avail. We cannot log in anywhere!

Barbara,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Mediacom. I sincerely apologize if our service did not meet your expectations and appreciate you taking time to share your concerns. I will personally research your concerns regarding your account and contact you with a resolution.

Thank you in advance for giving me the opportunity to help resolve your issues. We appreciate your business!

Phil C.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Was without phone & internet, until I told them to take their equipment. They still owe me money. Paid 120.00, only had it for 3 weeks. Could not get phone calls or pay my bills. Really not happy customer.

Duane,

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I recently changed from Verizon to Mediacom -- and I'm so glad I did. Verizon had recently removed all local stations (CBS and Fox) due to a dispute. I decided this was the last straw with Verizon. Now, with Mediacom I get more local stations, the weather channel.. and much more than I did with Verizon at the same cost. The Tivo Box is much more user friendly and customizable so you can remove stations you don't watch (instead of strolling through hundreds and hundreds of stations you never use). Mediacom staff with professional and friendly, and everything through the transfer went smoothly. Thank you Mediacom!

Eric,

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Great customer service. Good service - seemed to lose internet every day from 4:00 - 7:00 pm. Poor equipment quality (router, modem) - router had to be reset multiple times each day. Was told it was old but that they didn’t have newer ones for me to swap with. Slow response time for major repairs (downed lines took too long to get repaired).

Angie,

Our commitment is to provide consistent reliable service and an exceptional customer experience each time you interact with us. Based on your current feedback, we did not meet this goal. I will personally research your concerns regarding your account and contact you with a resolution.

Don't forget to download the Mediacom mobile care app. It is available on both Android or IOS devices. On the app you can check on outages, troubleshoot service issues, set up a service call, check and pay your bill, and view your internet usage just to name a few things.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

We have had Mediacom for years and it's a real shame that there is no other competition in the area. I'm not sure who paid to have most of the reviews on here but some of them are from areas I've never heard of. They either live next door to Mediacom or haven't had their service long enough to see how completely unreliable it is. It is advertised as "always faster internet". We currently pay for very high speeds (1G down and 50+ up I believe) and for the last 30 hours I've had about 40Mbps down and about 2Mbps up at most. This is a very regular and ongoing problem we've had for YEARS.

Every time we call their answer is to send a tech out. We've probably had roughly 30 calls to come out to our home to "work on" the problem. The result is the same every time: it’s not on our end. They come out, it works for 1 day to 2 weeks and then it's back to complete garbage speeds again or not working at all. I had better cable internet service 20 years ago I think. It was way more reliable and only about $50 a month for speeds that – averaged - better than I get with Mediacom. So we pay for high level internet that is supposedly the fastest, but it never works for long and is incredibly unreliable.

I honestly don't know what to do. I feel like a trapped and forced customer to pay for complete garbage service. I don't know how they get away with it. You'd think they would have enough common sense to think if it's the same result every time they come out here for the same problem, that it's something they need to address to satisfy their customer and earn their respect. I'm on the verge of looking for ADSL through CenturyLink or something instead and I recommend you do the same if you don't want to constantly babysit this company's service and do half of their job for them free of charge. Again, I don't know who paid who for all the excellent reviews they have received but I can guarantee it's not coming from this area that I am in.

Jason,

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I called Mediacom to set-up an appointment and was set for December 7th, which was a week away. This was fine and I could wait that long. When the day came I waited in the 8am-11am the time frame. It was 12 pm and nothing, no one was here or contacted me. I call Mediacom to get an idea of why no one is here. They said that there wasn't a technician in my area to set up the internet. What was the point of an appointment if you cant send someone to fulfill that request? They then said that a week from now, December 14th would be the next appointment. This is ridiculous. How is this a problem?

Jackson,

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Since we changed to Mediacom we have had minimal downtime with our Internet. When there was an issue the tech department was helpful to get everything back up and working. The cost is much more affordable too. This is one of the best decisions we have made.

Karen,

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

The cable is really messed up, the screen freezes while I'm watching TV. The cable box turns off while watching shows, really irritating. The cable does both of these things at least three to four times a day! The internet is supposed to be high speed but is really slow as well. When trying to watch Netflix the modem turns off in the middle of my show, like a reboot, and then has trouble connecting there after. My cellphone data (internet connectivity) is faster than the internet in my own home? I'm in the process of looking for a different more reliable service from a different provider. Because this is ridiculous with Mediacom.

Kenneth,

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Starting with walking into our local Mediacom store and receiving a long-lost-family-member welcome, then signing for a truly great package deal (I did shop around first, this is THE best deal). Then watching the world's greatest technician completely wire me up for five separate TVs, then stumbling through the remote as he patiently and very, very thoroughly taught me how to use it - my entire experience with Mediacom has been truly, incredibly, wonderful.

Rolf,

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I ordered an HD Box two weeks ago. The young lady said the delivery would be 2-4 days. Well over a week went by and nothing. I called, was told they don't know what happened and they have been busy. So order had to be retaken. Still waiting. Should receive tomorrow? It's just the point is I was lied to. It's not that Mediacom is too busy to send one HD box, it's the disrespect of a lie. Been a customer a long time and just recently switched my phone service to you. Just basically very disappointed with Mediacom.

Helen,

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Everything went fine with installation. Had lines in the TV. Internet would not stay connected to even use it. PHONES WE ONLY GOT GARBLED VOICE YOU COULD NOT UNDERSTAND. Had service call 4 times in a month and still. Had all the same problems.

Randall,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I use Mediacom's phone and I like watching a few shows on their cable. They had more channels and it doesn't go out during the rain or snow. Their reps get right on with my concern when I call. They're very prompt, very polite, and courteous. Also, the installation was really good. Their team told me step-by-step what they're doing. I like Mediacom, overall.

Merlyn,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

The installer wouldn't install the router where I asked. This caused problems with the signal. I am more aware of my homes "wifi" layout than the tech. The tech spent too much time talking, telling stories, and cutting up. The tech reassured me if the router didn't work where he placed it, then he would come back out and move it for me. I requested the tech come back out and was "put on the back burner" for several weeks. I had managers hang up on me. I was promised call backs with info upon when my tech would be here without a return call. I even tried the online chat help... these folks couldn't even get my first name correct. I wasn't notified if the tech was going to be late or not even show up. After 3 days of dealing with this I gave up and went back to Dish Network.

Stacey,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I do not know how to describe it other than we have barely intermittent internet. And no one seems to care or is able to remedy this situation. We have had Mediacom for 2-3 months and it has been a total nightmare.

Mark,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Worst cable company I have ever had. I am a brand new customer. I have had the service for three weeks. I have yet to have a single day that the televisions allow a show to play in full without interruption. Constantly re-booting, losing the signal etc... I have called for service once a week and nothing has changed, in fact, got worse. I will cancel my service this week if not completely fixed.

Craig,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We have had people here several times and they have seemed to fix the problem of tiling for a few days, but then it comes to black. We are not happy with having to call several times. The problem still is not fixed. We believe they will have to replace the wiring outside.

Francis,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I have been pleased with both the service level of the internet itself as well as with the customer service I received when fixing issues. I have found everyone from the installation technicians to the phone support staff to be competent and helpful. The wait to get service installed took about 30 days, but is understandable considering they had to bury a cable under our neighbors driveway. Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Basically happy with Mediacom experience. Love the extreme (TiVo) cable experience. Internet WiFi for logging on to internet is not as fast as I would like for the cost. I had faster speed with my own router than with the built in wireless with the newer modem. Service has been better and high marks for the staff answering the service calls!

Kathleen,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Technician was excellent. Cable is good. But my internet service is still slow, not reliable, and very unsatisfactory. If I had other options, I'd use them. This is very expensive compared to options available in Champaign, so I had hoped for better.

Amy,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

My internet service keeps going down. This is my third attempt to fill out this form because the internet goes down and I have to start over. Mediacom has had five different service techs provide service for this issue, but it still is not working properly. I wish I could give them no stars, their service does not deserve any.

Orville,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We were very pleased with the outcome and great serviceman James. We had lots of questions and he answered them all. Made two foreign exchange students far from home very happy. It was his first time installing this type of equipment and he got it right!

Kathy,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

The speed of service is advertised as 100 GB with superior Wifi. The wifi modem couldn't stay connected and required a reboot 2-4 times a day for first 7-10 days until replaced by a previous generation modem, which cuts speed in half according to 3rd party measuring of both modems. The old modem doesn't require rebooting. Nobody has communicated a plan or timeframe for delivering what I am paying for. I am unable to login to your website. I currently have Mediacom at MN and FL locations.

Dane,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Our Mediacom service has been excellent with video, phone, and internet. I would be interested in possible a la carte pricing for sports and family channels. What is the possibility of adding Game Show Network to the lineup? Also, extra digital channels of Springfield broadcast stations should be added to the lineup.

Stephen,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Fast, friendly service the people are always super friendly! This is the best company that I have ever dealt with! I wish more companies gave service like this... my last cable provider was Comcast and they were the worst company I have ever dealt with!

Craig,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

The price I was sold on was for 49.00. for the internet service, unlimited. It has went up after about 3 month service to 66.00 now and seems to have leveled off at this level. I am not pleased with the way that was handled. Also tech is hard to get a hold of when there are outage or lost internet problems. Overall I'm happy with Mediacom.

Michael,

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

For the 1 1/2 years that I received Mediacom I was very pleased with the television choices and the internet service was some of the best I have dealt with than any satellite service. The quick and responsive service was spot on, the tech's very friendly and professional. No complaints in any way from this brief use of service. Thank you.

Janice,