Call toll free
4.29/5
Based on 605 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Mediacom Communications offers best​-​in​-​class technology across rural America.​ ​With the fastest in-home WiFi, TiVo® DVR, 1 Gig Speed and so much more - customers are guaranteed to have a superior in-home entertainment experience. One of the fastest internet speed providers across their footprint; Netflix® has ranked Mediacom one of the top internet providers in April 2016. As the world becomes more technologically advanced so does Mediacom, investing millions into a nationwide fiber optic infrastructure so small town America will get to enjoy the most advanced Digital TV, High Speed Internet, and Digital Phone service for years to come. Hop on the super speedway and visit ​Mediacomcable.com​ to get the best in TV & Internet service today!

2664 Mediacom Cable Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We're using Mediacom's cable services. The team from Mediacom was okay, and the installation of our equipment was fine. The only thing is that every year, the price seems to go up with no more benefits and it got to the point where I don’t think I can afford them anymore. It started out at $50 and now, it’s a $106.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Got machine everytime I called. Helped but problem back in 15 mins and I would have to start all over again. Took forever to get a HUMAN to help. Not a happy person -- this went on for two 1/2 days. Why can't we just get a HUMAN to help?

Barbara,

Our commitment is to provide consistent reliable service and an exceptional customer experience each time you interact with us. Based on your current feedback, we did not meet this goal. We will personally research your concerns regarding your account and contact you with a resolution.

Don't forget to download the Mediacom Mobile Care app. It is available on both Android and iOS devices. On the app you can check on outages, troubleshoot service issues, set up a service call, check and pay your bill, and view your internet usage just to name a few things.

Thank you in advance for giving us the opportunity to help resolve your issues. We appreciate your business!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I have internet services with MediaCom. The service is okay. That's closest to get to the due date. The services start being slow. It constantly goes in and out and for the amount of money that I am paying for Internet service through Mediacom it should be faster, more reliable and work properly.

Sheritta,

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Great install, very polite and answered my questions. But provisions were not done. Phone wasn’t ported at time of install and 2 TVs wouldn’t work, had to have 2 additional service calls to fix all issues. But we do love the internet and cable now. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Here is what you should expect when you sign up with Mediacom. Uninterrupted service, courteous customer support, and timely response to your inquiries and concerns. They will literally become one of the reasons you don't want to move to a place they don't provide service to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I returned my Mediacom modem mid July as I purchased my own because paying $10/month to rent one is ridiculous. It was returned in the box provided by Mediacom after I called requesting a return. The rental charge has yet to be taken off my bill or a credit been issued. Every time I call they say I will get a response in 24-48 hrs, not once has that happened. I am however quite happy with the quality of the internet service. Stable with no outages or issues whatsoever.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I am happier with you. AT&T was awful. Service went out nearly every day. Bill differed every month although nothing changed as far as usage. It's very easy to reset when it does go out as well. I'm happy with service.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

This was cancelled because we’re finally fed up with all the different tech service people coming to our house, telling us the same thing over and over, changing the modem, and still not fixing the problem. No one is willing to find out what the real problem is or they know what the problem is but can’t fix it. We’ve already made the decision to leave Mediacom and will advise everyone we can to do the same because there is absolutely no continuity or concern about following through to make sure everything is working properly.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

The service is average and most comparable to COMCAST. Same kind of disconnect rates and outages. I also had a few months of problems initially that caused a bit of a headache. The service, however, was not my major problem with the company. My "promo" period ended and I called up to negotiate my rate seeing as it now went up by over 50%. I could understand $60 is a promo price but now paying $100 a month feels awfully excessive. I called them to offer to meet them in the middle and pay $80/month for the same service.

First, I'll say that both Mary and Nancy were very nice and professional. However, they were not able to do anything but repeat what seemed to be a script. They reiterated that there was nothing they could do about the cost of my bill even though there are competitors in the area with fairer pricing, I know it's not the support rep’s fault but an exec somewhere that makes these decisions. I find it hard to believe that the company's bottom line would be hurt so much by a $20 reduction in cost (after previously offering $40 reduction) that it is worth it to lose a customer with good payment standing.

In the end, I will have to terminate my account at the end of the billing cycle and sign up with a competitor. It's a bit more of a headache but I will save $300 the first year and was told they are willing to renegotiate the rate after the first year to keep my business if I switch. I'm sure they liked the idea of getting a competitor's customer. If Mediacom was willing to work with me I probably would stay with the service so I might try to get a manager but it doesn't seem like they are interested.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I come home in summer from Florida and I have Mediacom. It's too expensive because the only thing I get is regular TV but I don't know how to fix the TV, so I have to go ahead and use it. Also, I have trouble every year. Every time I get home, I never have TV. I always call and tell them to reinstate it and they say it has already been reinstated. And it's only vacation for so many months and I start paying the higher price when I'm not here. Other than that, the service is okay. I go to Florida every winter and so, I get on the phone before I go and make arrangements to have it turned off. Then, I get back on the phone before I come home and make arrangements and hope I have it turned on when I get here.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Originally, Michael bought a house one block over and by that time, DirecTV was here and he went ahead and went with DirecTV. Then, it wasn’t long he was with Mediacom because I was having no problem with Mediacom and he was having all kinds of problems with DirecTV. The installers came when they said they were gonna come and they fixed it all up. I had to have them come back once. It was during the storm and all the wires came down and they came right out that afternoon when I called. Michael has handicaps and pretty much all he does is watch the television and so it was really nice that they came so fast. Everything is good with Mediacom.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Mediacom's deal was pretty good so I took it and have been with them for many years. I've got the TV and the phone which were installed nicely. And so far, the service has been really good. I use them quite a bit in the daytime.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I have TV and phone services from Mediacom and I like the service. Occasionally, it goes down for repairs but the quality of service has been good overall. My experience has been satisfactory.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I’ve had Mediacom for 15+ years and several locations. Having called for service has been a challenge at times because of waits, but the difficulties have always been achieved. I have neighbors who have other suppliers and have heard their complaints. I will stick by Mediacom as I now have ‘Extreme’ and love it. I have phone, email and TV service - so I have a package deal.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Mediacom originally had the wrong address down. I had to call several times and finally the right address was put on file. I have yet to receive my first bill in the mail as they sent to the wrong address so I am still unable to set up my online account. This has made paying my bill a hassle with having to guess as to when to call and pay my bill over the phone.

Mitchell,

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

The modem given to me only provides 12 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up. I constantly have to power it down and then back up in order to even get a connection. When I call Mediacom, they say a technician has to come out. We do that and then Mediacom calls and texts about a million times to confirm it. And then the day before the appointment, I get a text telling me it's been cancelled, with no explanation. I can't wait til we switch to Comcast in the fall.

John,

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

We have cable, internet and a phone with Mediacom and compared to other companies, they were cheaper The salespeople were all good but there was one thing that pissed me off. When I set up an appointment, I let them know what time I got off work and they said, “Okay. No problems.” But then they showed up way before I got off work. I called and asked what was going on and they said they couldn't get back out to me for another two weeks. So I wasn’t too happy about that in the beginning. But ever since then, if I’ve had an issue, I’ve called and everything’s been settled and set up good.

The installation was also good. The guy came in and replaced a couple of lines even though he really didn’t need to replace them. But he said that brand-new is better so I said okay. The only thing I have really had an issue over now is my Wi-Fi. If I’m at the back of the house, it wants to cut out a lot. It’s not like my house is so huge. Otherwise, the service has been decent.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I let Dish because they raised my prices and now your company is doing the same thing! Not happy with the increases. Is it time for me to shop around? A Dish rep has been going door to door because my neighbors are reporting increases.

Lindy,

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Repairman was punctual and affable. Very nice all around. Always explained clearly what he was doing. However, my computer still keeps getting kicked off the internet. I rented a modem/router from Mediacom just so I would know that it wasn't either of those. But the extra expense doesn't seem to have helped. This is the third time someone has come out to fix the problem, but the problem still persists. Every time I sit down to my computer I have to unplug the router/modem and wait until I am hooked up again. Even when I am working it very often goes out on me. I need this problem fixed for good or I will switch to another provider. I don't blame the repairman; I blame Mediacom.

Michael,

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I love Mediacom and I wouldn’t go anywhere else. I had Verizon and they weren’t sending me any bills. I would ask them why they wouldn’t send me bills and I’d have to call them to see how much my bill was, and I wouldn’t wanna go and be stressed out over that. I have dealt with Mediacom in May and it was good. I enjoyed talking to them. When the installer came, it was also good and really nice. I got the phone, internet, and cable, and the quality of service is good so far.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

It is a pleasure working with Mediacom, great customer care and support. John the technician went above and beyond to secure the cable service set up. However, I still do not have internet service. I have not had time to call back about it.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We've had trouble since installation with occasional loss of connectivity. This was our third or fourth "intervention" call to Customer Service without getting a resolution. However, it appears that this time the Rep found a problem with the original, initial installation and fixed it, and hopefully now we've reached a final, permanent solution.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Wanted to change plan to local channel package only while retaining internet. This was offered not too long ago. Evidently other subscribers must have wanted it too so Mediacom dropped the option. So much for what the customer wants.

John,

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Mediacom overcharged me when I vacated my lease and would not even begin to help me fix my problem with them! I asked for my cable services to be disconnected upon my lease termination date. Mediacom failed to discontinue the Billings and I was charged in error! I disputed the bill to no avail and it was sent to collections agency where I was forced to pay it in order to clear my credit!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We have cable and internet with Mediacom and we've had it for years. Our experience has been reasonably good, but we've had some issues with the cable boxes that they got. They said they were gonna replace 'em and we'd get new cable boxes, but I'm paying $2 a box and they want $6 a box for the new one. It's like they got me hooked on and then they want to put a new box, and they wanna charge more money when we're already paying too much. We should be dropped at least 20% from what we're paying. The service is jumping around and you don't know what they're gonna give you.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Mediacom is my only option for service because I'm only here temporarily. I have lived in many states/locations and I can not really say a single positive thing after three months with them. I was never getting the internet speed I was paying for so they finally decided to switch out my modem a week ago. The tech that I called to set it up was less than competent. Internet still isn't working correctly so they scheduled a tech to come out, I confirmed the appointment via text message.

After the window had passed for the show up time, I called to say my appointment had passed. They rescheduled for 8am-8pm. Who in the heck is going to wait around for 12 hours for a appointment. I support the military as a contractor and if I told them I'll fix their equipment sometime today, I'd get fired. I just moved here three months ago and from what I gather, there is no quality cable/internet service in the area. I definitely won't be staying here. I lived in Tampa and Bright House Networks is a 10! If you move to central Florida, I highly recommend them.

Dale,

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

My niece was using Mediacom and I got a better offer. The guy who came out to do the installation was very nice and he was dressed very nice too. When he knocked the vase over as he was moving stuff around, he offered to pay for it but I told him it was okay. When people have had to come out or do anything, they've been very nice people as well. The Mediacom service has been real good. I've got the internet and all the programs that I need. I like the ones that I'm watching, like the old movies and the Cowboy one, and I have both the channels for older movies and for western movies. Plus I can get to them real good.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I fully enjoy Mediacom. I wish their rates weren't so expensive. Be nice if they would offer their dedicated customers special bonuses like they do new customers and like a free month of cable like every 3 years of dedication. Other than the cost they are awesome. Customer service is on top. Whenever I needed someone to come out the field service guys are very nice and curtious.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I'm happy with Mediacom. The phone service is good and I also have cable with them. I usually watch sports and my package definitely has a lot of sport channels. I watch football, basketball and baseball. Every now and then we have a little trouble but they seem to get it cleared up. Once they said there was something around here that was off and our local stations were off for four days but I have enough channels so I can watch something else. Mediacom people have also been here twice and they were friendly and professional. Overall, I'm satisfied with the company.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I've had the other providers and now that I have Mediacom, I think all three of them are lousy. If the weather changes, you lose your services but they don’t subtract that from your bill when the service comes back on. When they do subtract it, they only subtract a dollar even when your service had been off for four hours. So I don’t think they are doing a very good customer service. Mediacom's representatives aren't very professional or friendly either. And although the installation went okay, people came out some other day when I wasn’t home and didn't clean up after themselves. They repaired the wire that went from my house to the pole and left the old wire in my driveway. Otherwise, the quality of service is fine.

Mediacom Cable expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Mediacom specializes in bringing the same high level of digital services that residents of major metropolitan areas enjoy to small towns and cities across the United States. They currently serve over 1,500 communities in 22 states.

• Find your local office: Find out if Mediacom is available in your state and locate your nearest office on Mediacom’s website. If there isn’t yet availability in your area, Mediacom can find your local provider for you.

• Xtream: Mediacom’s Xtream home service combines the fastest available in-home Wi-fi with a TiVo® DVR, which allows you to record up to five shows at a time, watch your shows in any room of the house and on any device and set your DVR remotely.

• No contracts: Sign up for service from Mediacom without signing a contract. You can cancel at anytime without paying high early cancellation fees.

• Speed Boost: Supercharge your Internet by adding 100 or 150 Mbps to your Internet for only $10 or $20 per month.

• Free HD: Mediacom’s extensive HD lineup is available for customers to enjoy at no extra charge. In addition, if you already own an HDTV set, then Mediacom will automatically upgrade your Mediacom receiver to an HD receiver.

• Best for: Mediacom is best for families and individuals who live in rural areas where Mediacom offers service.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Mediacom Cable Company Information

1-844-274-6753
www.mediacomcable.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business