3.8/5 (532 reviews)
3.8(532)

Overall Rating3.8 out of 5

About Mediacom Cable

Mediacom Communications offers powerful internet, television and phone technology across 22 states.​ ​With fast in-home Wi-Fi, 1-gigabit internet, TV, phone and home automation, customers experience a superior in-home entertainment experience. Mediacom has invested millions of dollars into a nationwide fiber-optic infrastructure so rural America can enjoy advanced digital TV, high-speed internet and digital phone service.

Mediacom Cable Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?
Original review: May 5, 2023

I got rid of my Dish satellite and started streaming. I decided to take the extra money that I was paying for the satellite service and put that into my internet. I looked at some of the streaming packages that the younger generation is doing, and when I upgraded, Mediacom upgraded me for the same price for a year. Based on an email, I just upgraded from a 300-meg service up to a one-gig service, and I didn't have to pay any extra at all. The rep found a couple of extra discounts and applied them, and I was very happy with that. She went above and beyond.

Mediacom rebooted the modem over line, then they said that I should see it within half an hour or so. I've never gotten a one-gig service, but I've gotten 600 a couple of times. I've been with Mediacom for quite a while now. They're a good deal, but I'm not gonna say that I won't look at Google or somebody else if they pop in and offer their service.

Good morning Wes,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. I am happy to read about how we were able to help you make the switch to streaming. If you are only reaching 600Mbps for download speeds, this is usually a limitation of the WiFi on the device that is being used. The WiFi we provide is capable of WiFi 6, but it can only reach those higher speeds if the devices that you are using are also capable of WiFi 6. Please feel free to call us to troubleshoot, as we can likely help you find the cause. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Heath

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2023

Mediacom did the installation in two hours. If I wanted information, they gave it to me if they had it. However, towards the beginning, everyday as soon as it heated up, I didn't have any phone or internet. I complained about it. It went on for three weeks. The people on the phone kept trying to think that I didn't have it plugged in like it was my fault. I understand they didn't have to believe me the first time, but that got repetitive.

Finally, they sent somebody out here. They tried throwing a booster in there. That worked for a little while then they had to do something else permanent. Eventually, they got around to it. They gave me money back on my bill but it took a while for them to straighten that out and they should have given me more back on that. I use internet for work. But I had Cox Cable for years, and it ain't as good as Mediacom. Everything's good other than how much the service costs. They don't seem to want to give no matter how I paid my bill. There was one time I wanted something that they should’ve given me but they didn't do it. It irks me.

Good afternoon Warren,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. I am sorry to read in regard to the service issues that you have experienced. I am quite pleased to see that the service issue was resolved. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Heath

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

Ordering took time but Ricky was thorough and patient. Kimberly reassured me I should not follow Molli advice to drop CL until at least Tues. Had buzzing and hard to hear issues on phone from Friday till Tues. afternoon. Brett was hardworking and outstanding installing equipment to stream new TV and set it up, replaced outdated outside and inside wiring, set up new modem and got computer and wifi network up and running. Chase was excellent checking on continuing phone issue till number was ported on Tues. Also tried to help figure out why my HP printer still wouldn't print though all diagnostics and information indicated all is in order and on wifi.

Only negative was not being able to figure out problem with printing from computer though Dell and HP and the wifi on printer indicated everything in order while print error continued to appear and say printer offline when it was obviously on the network. I gave up and ordered a new HP printer to install which is suppose to be compatible with the Eero WiFi 360 Pro. Hope that takes care of that one last remaining issue. Otherwise, everyone has gone out of their way to be helpful--online ordering; in house set up; Teresa and Tracie at the Keokuk Mediacom Office. Glad to have all tech with Mediacom now.

Good morning Julia,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. I am so glad I was able to speak with you and confirm your services are all working well since our technicians were out and able to resolve any outstanding issues. I am also happy to hear your printer is now up and running. We sincerely value your feedback. If you have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you.

Suzzane

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

It took 2 Technician visits to get the new 1GB connection to operate at more than 40% capacity. First Technician claimed it was my hardware or setup that was the issue. I found and installed software to test the hardware and network to verify it was working to full gigabit capacity. Then called back and requested another different Technician come work on the installation. He spent several hours plus replacing the modem to get gigabit performance.

I feel 4 stars is generous considering the amount of time I had to spend getting this to work, plus having to call back and explain that my system proved to operate at gigabit speed and request a second visit.. Really gripes me when the excuse for not working to specified speed is claimed to be my network or hardware when I know it's up to spec. I feel that is a cop out phony excuse and have no confidence in first Technician's abilities. Second Technician was much more thorough and diligent, I commend him for his efforts. I have spent many years working in Information Systems at a hospital, supported 700+ workstations with network connections. I know when someone is feeding me a line regarding network & workstation issues.

Good morning Mark,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm sorry to hear about the service issues that you have experienced. I am glad I was able to speak with you today and confirm our services have been working well for you since our last technician came out. If you have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Suzzane

Original review: July 5, 2022

I got Mediacom satellite and I didn't want satellite because you pay for more channels than you really need. But I had no problem with Mediacom’s service or reception until this year. When my big screen gets hot, it gets distorted. Aside from that, I lose most of my channels sometimes and the TV says, “Be with you momentarily.” And last night proved that I was right and the certificate at Mediacom is wrong because when this rainstorm hit, the TV just came on like somebody flipped a big switch. Something in their system was getting hot and when it started thundering, the TV all worked right.

My aunt in Harlan, Iowa also has Mediacom and her service technician said that when the sun hits the satellite right, it'll sometimes disrupt channels and make them cause issues like the one I'm having. But when I told the lady at Mediacom about that, she disagreed. She said there was no sense in replacing the cable box and that if she took it out, she was going to give me the same cable box that I have.

Then, when the tech guy came out, he didn't take the cable boxes. He changed the main service box and some connections that were old. He thought he fixed the issue but he didn't. He said that the cable box doesn't really affect my cable TV and that the issue I was having has to do with Wi-Fi and internet mostly. He replaced a couple junction boxes outside that we thought maybe were old and which caused that. But when something's acting up in your home, it doesn't only act up during the day and work fine at night. You don’t have to be a technician to know that.

Good morning Stanley,

Thanks so much for your review. I am glad I was able to speak with you today and and hear that our services have been working well for you since our previous technician came out. If you have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: May 17, 2023

For about 2.5 months, I kept telling everybody I had this VPN but nobody cared about it. I've called Mediacom, Norton 360, and Amazon but nobody figured it out. Then Josh finally figured out that the problem was the VPN all this time. Nobody even tried to help me before. I love Josh. He was the only one that's been able to solve my issue. It took some time, but he got it all figured out. He was great. He stuck with it. But overall, Mediacom was not the problem. When I called in, they have been here usually the next day. I pay Mediacom $120 a month and I use about 20% of my internet, so the cost is way too high. But if I lower it, then I don't get the speed and I lose everything. So there needs to be another tier. Instead of going from the $39 plan to the $89 plan, there needs to be something in between.

Good morning Brenda,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. I am very sorry to read in regards to the internet issues that were being caused by your VPN provider. I am, however, quite happy to read in regard to Josh and his efforts in trouble shooting to get you back up and running at good speeds. I have passed this along to their manager. Thank you for sharing. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: May 17, 2023

I have the internet and phone with Mediacom. But I'm not so happy with the phone. It acts weird. The biggest thing is the phone just loses the call. They're also supposed to switch the number to my phone, but they didn't do it yet. But the internet is okay. It went out a couple of times. Their price is a little high. But I'm not worrying about that because other places have the same speed but it's way more money. Their customer service has been very good. If I call and there's a problem, they'll try to help me or send out the technician between 24 to 48 hours.

Good afternoon Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you have had with your phone service. Please give us a call at 800-332-0245 and we would be happy to help. If you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: May 17, 2023

Everything with Mediacom was good. The service is good. I'm not a big computer guy, but it loads up fast enough for me. It's not like I'm waiting. It just opens up and away I go. They were pleasant, easy to work with and any questions, they seem to take care of it.

Good afternoon Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. I am quite happy to see that you are pleased with the service that we are providing you with. Thank you for sharing. As always, if you do have any questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: May 17, 2023

It's been excellent with them. The reps are very professional and friendly. Last time, service would cut in and out and every other day,I would have to unplug the modem and plug it back in. It's been better since they put the new 360 system in which is what they said I needed.

Good afternoon Jo,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. I am sorry to read in regard to the service issues that you have experienced. I am, however, happy to see that your service is working as it should now. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Heath

Original review: May 15, 2023

Representative I talked to was very helpful in my request to return the equipment of my 2nd TV that I no longer need. I received a FEDEX free return label in a few days and was able to return my Mediacom equipment so they could take the amount charged for the extra tv off of my bill.

Good afternoon Leila,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. I am happy to see that our representative was helpful in getting you a shipping label at no charge to you. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Mediacom Cable author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Mediacom specializes in bringing the same high level of digital services that residents of major metropolitan areas enjoy to small towns and cities across the United States. They currently serve over 1,500 communities in 22 states.

• Find your local office: Find out if Mediacom is available in your state and locate your nearest office on Mediacom’s website. If there isn’t yet availability in your area, Mediacom can find your local provider for you.

• Xtream: Mediacom’s Xtream home service combines the fastest available in-home Wi-fi with a TiVo® DVR, which allows you to record up to five shows at a time, watch your shows in any room of the house and on any device and set your DVR remotely.

• No contracts: Sign up for service from Mediacom without signing a contract. You can cancel at anytime without paying high early cancellation fees.

• Speed Boost: Supercharge your Internet by adding 100 or 150 Mbps to your Internet for only $10 or $20 per month.

• Free HD: Mediacom’s extensive HD lineup is available for customers to enjoy at no extra charge. In addition, if you already own an HDTV set, then Mediacom will automatically upgrade your Mediacom receiver to an HD receiver.

Mediacom Cable Company Information