Call toll free
4.16/5
Based on 655 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Mediacom Communications offers best​-​in​-​class technology across rural America.​ ​With the fastest in-home WiFi, TiVo® DVR, 1 Gig Speed and so much more - customers are guaranteed to have a superior in-home entertainment experience. One of the fastest internet speed providers across their footprint; Netflix® has ranked Mediacom one of the top internet providers in April 2016. As the world becomes more technologically advanced so does Mediacom, investing millions into a nationwide fiber optic infrastructure so small town America will get to enjoy the most advanced Digital TV, High Speed Internet, and Digital Phone service for years to come. Hop on the super speedway and visit ​Mediacomcable.com​ to get the best in TV & Internet service today!

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 23, 2018

2180 Mediacom Cable Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

A copy of the email I sent to the email I sent to my state's department of commerce. Also the only reason they received two stars from me is that their download speeds have been fairly consistent. I also had more logs of my poor upload speed performance but I reached the maximum amount of files allowed. I saw that you were investigating Frontier for problems and their lack of addressing these issues and I was hoping you would look into Mediacom for the same thing. If you go on their Facebook page you can see a lot of people having problems with their services that are not being properly addressed. They continually do things like resetting your router or sending a technician out repeatedly who will only tell you the problem is on their end and they can't do anything for you and then Mediacom in turn will tell you the technician never reported it when he called right in front of me last time to prove to me that he did.

I am not the only customer with the issue I have seen and it's across a number of states. I have logs of my speeds since before Christmas and I am not getting the speeds I am paying for and Mediacom is doing nothing to correct the issue other than the same cycle that I previously described while the main issue is never actually resolved. I could see this only being a small issue if it was limited to just myself or a small area but if you look at the guest comments on their Facebook page you will see that it is a very widespread issue with many customers effected with the same responses from Mediacom. Thank you for your time and I sincerely hope that you are able to take the time to look into this issue as there are many customers who are paying for a service that they are not fully receiving.

Michael,

Our commitment is to provide consistent reliable service and an exceptional customer experience each time you interact with us. Based on your current feedback, we did not meet this goal. I will personally research your concerns regarding your account and contact you with a resolution.

Don't forget to download the Mediacom mobile care app. It is available on both Android or IOS devices. On the app you can check on outages, troubleshoot service issues, set up a service call, check and pay your bill, and view your internet usage just to name a few things.

Thank you in advance for giving me the opportunity to help resolve your issues. We appreciate your business!

Phil C.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I've had MEDIACOM INTERNET for over 10 years, loved it and hated it over that time. I've been depending on the service because my medical equipment sends messages to my doctor. I'm on disability for a while and money is hard to come by especially on disability. Well I did miss a few payments like I have in the past and always brought it to good standing and I appreciate Mediacom for this, well it happen again but only missed 1 payment and they disconnected me just 1 day ago, I paid today and have to pay not only what I missed which I did but also a disconnect fee of $157.00 dollars. Well I'm not paying that so over 10 years of their service I'm changing to their competitor. Hate to leave them but oh well all they worry about is their income and NOT the customer.

Rusty,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Mediacom. I sincerely apologize if our service did not meet your expectations and appreciate you taking time to share your concerns. I will personally research your concerns regarding your account and contact you with a resolution.

Don't forget to download the Mediacom mobile care app. It is available on both Android or iOS devices. On the app you can check on outages, troubleshoot service issues, set up a service call, check and pay your bill, and view your internet usage just to name a few things.

Phil C.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I live in an apartment and Mediacom told me that they had lines into the apartment building that I moved into. They’ve been real good when I’ve had to talk to anybody. This month I talked to them and they got me a program where I pay $104 a month, whereas before it was $120. When I call, they help me and I’m very satisfied with the way they do it. I would recommend Mediacom to my friends because I'm satisfied with my coverage.

Ella,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Mediacom! Thank you for giving us such an outstanding rating! Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience each time you interact with us. It appears, in your specific case, this was exemplified.

Thanks again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We appreciate your business!

Phil C.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

My husband and I didn't want to have an antenna on top of our house and if we get Mediacom, we wouldn't need one so we got their TV service. So far, I've been happy with it. Recently, I have called them because someone was here and didn't close the box. The reps were good and came very promptly. I had them take care of it before the storm came. I also had a little period when the TV was always off around 5 o'clock. But that was just for a little while and they got that corrected. However, it would be nice if we could choose the channels that we want and not pay an enormous amount of money for it.

Mary,

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Well first of all I don't know why my bill is so high every month. I've been a customer over a year. I've had some financial issues this year. I'm on layoff. My bank returned a payment. I was short 5 dollars from a 270.00 payment I made. I get shut off. I tried calling to make arrangements. Now the lady I talked to was rude saying they don't do arrangements on returned payments. I think that's a total BS, some people have financial issues in life and I've been there way over a year or two and no one can offer me anything. I'll just go to CenturyLink for internet then.

Jayson,

Phil C.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I have been with Mediacom for 30 years and recently, I called because my phone bill kept going up. I didn't want to leave Mediacom so I called to ask if I qualified for any of this new simplified advertisement that they have on TV. Their rep was very helpful and very nice. She upgraded my service and my bill will not be as high. However, I had a problem with my phone after they put the new modem. My phone got very staticky, so I called them and they came out, checked it over and they said that their equipment was fine. My only complaint was that I was told that I would have to get an electrician and they would have to go into the walls in my house and check other phone lines.

However, there has never been any other phone line in this house. My grandson is an electrician so I called him and he came over, went down and checked. One of the wires was loose and he snipped that off, hooked it back on there, screwed it back on and he put a rubber tip over the end of the wiring and the phone has been fine since. I understand that these technicians have a lot of work to do and they are in a hurry, but if they would just slow down a little bit they could avoid some of this confusion. I’m not blaming the kid who was here though. He was very polite and very nice. He checked it and it was back in the corner of my basement and he couldn’t see it even with the flashlight but I’m not complaining about that.

I have always been satisfied with Mediacom and we’ve always stuck with them through thick and thin. I was given the STARZ station for free for so long but I will not keep it because I watch Turner Classic most of the time anyway. But, I appreciate the offer. I have recommended Mediacom to people because I've never been dissatisfied. They always ask me what service I have and I've told them that we've always stayed with Mediacom.

Carol,

Phil C.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We moved here from Michigan and somebody recommended Mediacom to us. I have a TV service with them and our experience with them has been good. However, recently, I had to call because my bill kept going up and I wasn't getting anything more for it. They were able to help but not a lot. Nonetheless, every little bit helps and they've been very kind and considerate. Overall, I'm happy with their service and I'm very pleased with what I have as long as their price doesn't keep going up because I won't be able to afford it. I would recommend Mediacom to a friend.

Cheri,

Phil C.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I lived out in the country and they didn’t have Mediacom there. I moved to town, called them, they came and hooked up a basic TV. I have been using Mediacom for two years now. I've had great service and I have no complaints.

Leonore,

Phil C.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My wife called Mediacom to get service and she was treated respectfully and nicely by their representatives. Since then, we've had Mediacom's TV, internet and phone for about four months. However, we’ve been having some problems with the cable at the house. My wife had the internet a little while on the laptop and now, she has not had internet for two and a half weeks. There’s no network. But, I've had a good experience with them. If we can figure out the WiFi, then even better yet.

John,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I have contacted Mediacom's customer service/tech support 6 times in the last 3 weeks. There have been multiple issues with my cable and internet. Every time I call, I always get the same excuse, "there is an outage in your area". Well my opinion on that is customer service is a bunch of LIARS. Besides that, I can't get internet in any other room in my house besides the living room where my box is at. If I go anywhere else, I lose service. When I had a tech look at it, they told me that the person who originally hooked up my cable and internet did it wrong. How is this my problem? With my cable: First time a tech came out was because every channel kept freezing on me for 20+ minutes at a time. A tech came out, it worked for a day and then started having the same issue.

I called Mediacom again, and of course after waiting on the phone for 20 minutes just to talk to someone, as soon as I got through, they asked for my name and number (said they had to verify just in case the calls gets disconnected). Well guess what, the call got disconnected, and they never called me back. I called again, waiting another 20+ minutes to get through to someone. They told me that they would issue a credit to my account (of $4) and it would be almost a week before someone could get to my house. The tech came to my house, fixed the issue and changed out the cable box. This resolved the issue for the freezing. However now, I don't have DVR. I called tech support last night, told them I don't have DVR and read them the error message. They told me that because of all the issues they would escalate it and have ANOTHER tech come to my house this Saturday.

I received a call tonight from a tech, he troubleshooted the issue and fixed it. Within 1 hour, the message was popping up on my TV (without me trying to even use DVR). I called tech support again, demanding a supervisor this time. After the rep told me that there was not one available and me waiting on hold for over 30 minutes just to speak with a supervisor, they told me that the issue never got escalated yesterday and my appointment for this Saturday was canceled by the tech that called me. So of course, I am now on the list to have a tech come out AGAIN (third time in 3 weeks), but it won't for 9 more days. The response that I got from the supervisor is that "it must not have been hooked up correctly".

I am so sick of the reps blaming the techs for everything. If the techs were trained properly, this wouldn't be an issue. If I am having this many issues with multiple techs, services, reps, and supervisors. There is a HUGE issue! I have asked reps and the supervisor for the phone number to Corporate, and they tell me that they don't have a phone number. I call **! They tell me to go online and submit a form and corporate will call me back. The form actually goes to the reps and the number the reps tell you to call is the customer service phone number, not corporate. If the corporate office won't talk to the people that use their service, what does that say about them. There is absolutely no excuse for the crappy service I have received from this company. 6 phone calls and 3 techs at my house, in 3 weeks is ridiculous!! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO USE MEDIACOM'S CABLE OR INTERNET.

Michele,

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Mediacom's service is great. I use them about 90% strictly for email and I've had very few outages. We had a couple of issues setting up some new emails and their customer service was very helpful, friendly to talk to and was able to get our problems fixed. Mediacom's service seemed faster back when we first started. Nonetheless, I'm very satisfied and we've been getting the reliability that we needed. So far, they work and it’s all we need.

Larry,

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

When my girlfriend and I moved into our new house we found out that the only cable provider in the area was Mediacom. We went with Mediacom. Everything was good. The tech came out. Installed the service. Also showed us how to use everything. We enjoyed it. Then a week into us having service we get a call from Mediacom telling us, "Sorry your payment did not clear the bank." We was like, "Wow. What's going on?" So we called the bank and found out that we had some fraud on the acct. We called Mediacom and told them what was going on. The rep we spoke to was like rude and said, "Sorry we have a disconnect for today" and basically, "There was nothing we could do."

So a few months pass we get the bank account taken care of. Then we call Mediacom and try to get the service back and we are told, "Sorry". We have to pay full price and no discounts and have to pay a reconnect fee. How is this fair? We told you what happened and did what had to be done. And we get screwed. Well now that I paid the full price of the month plus reconnect I am going to keep this service for the month then switch to DISH or DirecTV and will not tell anyone about Mediacom service. Will not recommend them at all. I think it is unfair how I was treated and for the rudeness of the customer service reps.

Jeff,

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I was late on my bill after being a customer for over 10 years. Once I realized my internet was shut off I promptly paid my bill over the phone the same day. Later I still did not have service. I called them back and was told it was cut off at the pole and it would take 2 days to get service back without a having to pay reconnection fee. Now I found out they are charging me the fee and still do not know when they will be back to hook it up. I am now looking at a local internet service provider. Stay away from Mediacom because they will tell you one thing and do the other.

Patrick,

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Mediacom is a prime example of a company having too much power! In the middle of nowhere MN we have very few choices for Internet. I had issues with our local internet company with speed etc., so I researched another option. Mediacom buys a ton of advertising in my area claiming the best and fastest internet. When going to purchase their service the internet was so expensive that it only made sense to get the TV and Phone bundle with it which I never needed. So now I am paying $135 a month for TV that barely gets watched, a phone that never gets used and worse internet service than I had with my local 1300 person town's internet.

When it got installed the tech stayed. For the internet to work properly we will need to get 2-3 range extenders (not explained or suggested during their commercials that claim the BEST internet) and that he needs to set up another visit to run some lines to the house. We waited weeks for this to happen all while having bad service. After the lines were run we have had zero change and maybe worse. I can be in the same room as the box and my WIFI will cut out. I chatted today 2/6/18 with customer service and after typing pretty much my complaint here their suggestion was to give me a link to Walmart to buy extenders.

Needless to say I am HIGHLY disappointed in Mediacom and their employees and customer service skills. I have worked for 30 years in customer service. I have lost a ton of money just to keep my name and reputation clean. I maybe could have accepted the customer service rep to tell me their policies and then ask management how she could help me, but instead my very FIRST response was to tell me to go buy extenders with a link to Walmart (Another stellar company! Not surprising they suggest them). Paying $135 for internet or any needed service is gouging! I would bet their profit and loss would show proof of their price gouging just because they can get away with it. I did not file a complaint as I know that Mediacom will not care! They are big enough to be bullies and tow the fine line of moral and legal ethics! I STRONGLY suggest never doing business with MEDIACOM!!!

Adam,

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I've been with Mediacom since around 2001. I have their phone and TV services. Cedar Rapids is where their main office is for around here and so far, I've had pretty good luck with them. About a month ago, their modem went bad and they had to replace it. Their tech was friendly and he seemed to know what he was doing. I've had good service with them and the people I've been in contact with have been pleasant and outgoing. It's been a really good experience.

Charles,

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

My opinion is that never choose Mediacom if you have other options in the city you live in. At the service setup, they never give a specific time that the technician would come. They will give a range of times, for instance, between 8 AM to 12 PM. Thus, making you cancel your plan for that specific day and stay home waiting for the technician. In my last service request, I stayed home waiting for the technician expecting him/her to call within the range of time that they gave (8am-12pm), but no call and no show up. The technician called at 1:02 and again at 1:04 and my phone was away. Then no call again and no anything! So frustrating!

Also, sometimes the billing isn't accurate or clearly detailed! I remember once they have posted an amount that extremely exceeds the bill I was supposed to pay. So, after calling the company, the collection agent apologized and removed it. It is also very often to have the old (previous) bill still show in my online account, making it very confusing to understand.

Abdelrahim,

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Mediacom's price with the bundling was better than other companies. Moreover, our experience with their salespeople was really good. We have the Wi-Fi and the phone. The installation was uncomplicated. We had a lot of problems with the phone and the internet going out but they finally found out what was causing it and got that fixed. I’ve received fine service.

Rhonda,

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I like Mediacom’s next business day service and their sales process was okay but the implementation process has been terrible. The system has not been installed yet. I’ve been waiting for about three weeks and I still haven’t heard anything. I have had lots of experience with Medicom and the scheduling in getting to the install date was always tough. Once the installer was here though, it went very swift and very good. So the technical people were typically good. But the back-end accounting and communication was not. They have poor communication for being a communications company but technically they have a good product, and the services are good once done. But they could do a lot better.

Jeremy,

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I have been using Mediacom cable TV for years. The salespeople were pretty decent and the installation was good. I watch TV every day and the quality of the service is good. On the other hand, the service goes off the air once in a while. It will go off for about 10 minutes, then it will come back on. If it starts happening, it will be off all day long for around four days, then it would be good. In addition, the price went up recently from $97 to $100 and I can't understand why it cost that much. Mediacom needs to lower their price.

Russell,

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

CenturyLink and I didn’t get along so I switched and Mediacom gives me my internet service. I’ve been with Mediacom since December and it’s better, faster, and cheaper.

Paul,

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Mediacom was furnished where we moved to and it is included in our rent. There are 27 apartments here and they all have Mediacom. We really couldn’t do much else because they wouldn't allow putting a dish on the roof. We’ve had the Mediacom team here a few times when I've told them they had to do some work. I have one guy who comes here and he knows what’s going on and is on top of it right away. We got cable and the quality of the service is good. We use most of it for family time and watch what we want to. We get a lot of channels with Mediacom so I’d recommend it.

William,

Phil C.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I’ve been with Mediacom for a long time and I have telephone service with them. My experience has been good whenever I speak with their team. I didn’t have trouble before, but it seems like something went kaput. My telephone needs fixing because people can’t leave messages on it. I used to always have a lot of messages on there, but I don't have anything now and it has been a couple of months. There was a gal I had talked to but she couldn’t get it fixed. Other than that, they’ve tried to help me with stuff and I’ve been satisfied so far.

Anna,

Insufficient response received
Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I lived Rural and had Frontier. Ok, it works if that is all you can get. So I moved into town and Mediacom was available so I got it instead. Frontier could only offer me 15 megs of down which you get about 2 megs max. WIth Mediacom when it works it is fast. I had a lot of issues and in the first 12 months of service, I had 10 new routers. These routers are junk. I can not access my router at all like the old days. Now you have to use a Mediacom control panel via their website and 99% of the time, their website cannot communicate with the router so you can not change passwords, forward ports or nothing. I called in and got a Japanese lady I think (nothing wrong with that except she could barely speak broken English) and she had no clue what to do to help. So she had me go to Mediacom's control panel and actually had me log in using another customer's login and password! HOLY SMOKES!!! I quickly told her and she was oh no!!!

Needless to say a Mediacom repair guy came out as cool as could be and told me while he was here to fix my TV to get rid of the router and buy my own router/modem and because Mediacom is junk. Lol Nice. So I called and told them I wanted to take their router off rental and give it back and I'll buy my own and to please send someone out to hook up an external MoCA for my TiVo to work. The man actually told me no on the phone. He said I was not forced to use their equipment and to buy my own. I was like but I need MoCA for TiVo and he said the repairman was a liar. External MoCA is no longer available. So in short, I am forced to rent their equipment.

Mediacom, all I want to do is access my router from my own house. Your method sucks really bad. I am an IT graduate and can tell you more about this stuff than your techs can. THere is no need to make me log in to your website to control my router/modem. Please explain to me why a repair man said he hooks up external MoCAs for people yet I was told he is a liar and they are no longer available? As far as service goes, I had all brand new cable installed from down the street to my corner pole, from that pole to my house. Thanks to a hungry squirrel, all cable under my house is brand new as well as all 2 splitters they installed. 10 brand new routers, You blamed my devices for being infected so I formatted everything and started fresh and here we sit still.

I give you 3 stars because it works when it works and is fast when it works and you are 100% better than Frontier will ever be. P.S. On a side note, for the last week, all Wi-Fi in my house has been on and off. I literally watched my router turn itself off and back on 3 times today. The speed is fast as all get out, but is very unreliable. P.P.S. So in short, if you need access to your home network, do NOT count on a Mediacom modem/Router for those needs. If you continue to call over and over to have them do stuff for you, they will consider you a trouble customer and drop you. Yep! I was warned by a tech who came to my house last time that I was real close to a 5 day warning to be dropped. WTF!

Ray,

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I’ve been with Mediacom for a long time. When I have a request or anything or want to change anything the sales reps are always willing to take care of it for me. It’s too expensive but other than that it’s alright. We have the basic service and then we have the family, just the first two items, sports and information channel. The bill is around a $178 a month. To me that’s absolutely absurd with the channels on the TV. There are other places out there advertising $50 a month for 190 channels. It’s competitive but I don’t want dishes and stuff in my house so that’s why I keep it because the wires come in and you don’t have to have junk all over the roof of your house.

The service is fine and the TV is great. The channels that we ordered and we have are good. We enjoy watching them. They have these 9.2 and 9.3 channels that they’ve had for the last couple of years which show old shows and old programs from years ago. They’ve messed us up because they got some stuff on there you can’t even watch. We like to watch a lot of basketball and football and so we got those. We get a lot of basketball games that we’ve been watching on the ESPN stations.

Chris,

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I like that Mediacom is local and up to last week, I was satisfied with the service and the charges that Mediacom was offering. However, they raised the rates. I don’t own a computer, so I can’t take advantage of when they’re giving these 50% off things. As a matter of fact, I just got another offer today. I also am a retired telephone person so I have a concession rate with the telephone company. As a loyal customer, I’ve had service since 1980 and then Mediacom bought that company out in ’89. I also have low vision and so, in order to even read materials, I have a visual aid machine for that. When they raised my rate, I’m already having problems even watching television.

I called after the rate increase came on to see if there was a something right now for the loyal customer, but there isn’t. The young man I talked to gave me about a 10% discount so I went back through again and got someone different. One of them was in Red Oak, Iowa and another was in Columbus. But neither one of them could help me and they couldn’t come up with that rate either so I gave it up. Also, I wish that they could notify me of customer loyalty discounts instead of me having to call and say, “Have you got anything right now?”

When you’re on a fixed income, it doesn’t help matters when they keep raising the rate of things. But I’ll continue this thing with Mediacom. If we lose the cable for any given length of time, I just call and they always give me a credit for the amount of time that we were out of service. We have a service center right here in Knoxville so, it’s always nice to see the trucks going by and know that if something comes up, it’s not very long before they’d be here to find out the problem.

Patsy,

Phil C.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I’m a loyal customer of Mediacom. I have them for a long time and I love them. I get good service from them and my experience with their sales team has been wonderful. They were polite and helpful. The man who did the installation was also wonderful. I have the family package for recreation and I’m entirely happy with everything. My best friend has Mediacom, too, and she feels the same way about it. I would tell others to get Mediacom instead of a dish which could get iced over sometimes so you have to go out and wipe them off.

Marilyn,

Phil C.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I've been with Mediacom for a while now and they are great. They were in and out during the installation, which was good. Their sales team were very pleasant and I got along fine with them.

Charles,

Phil C.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I’ve had Mediacom off and on for almost 20 years. During installation the installers were going to rewire everything and I didn’t want to go that far to do anything. They ended up hooking me up to where I was and put a new coaxial and it works best. The internet service has been pretty good. I had some trouble with the modem thing and the Wi-Fi but it turned out the cable outside was old which they replaced and then it works fine.

Timothy,

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I’ve been with Mediacom for a lot of years. The rep was really nice to me and showed me how to work my TV, the box and the things that I got. We have cable so we had to get the box, and the tech installed it and it was good. He was courteous and professional. He showed me how to do everything like I was supposed to. They also came out on a day they said they were going to. However, sometimes it’s hard to get a hold of people when calling. Nonetheless, I’d recommend Mediacom.

Lloyd,

Insufficient response received
Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I have been with Mediacom for years and had nothing but issues with them. Starting with the cable DVR. It didn't record everything or certain shows when programmed. Internet is slow even at the top speed bundle. Which they say you get 100mbps which is false, come to find out that you share signals with others which can slow yours down. Which is crap if you pay for something you should get what you pay for not half or quarter. Streaming bad even hardlined which really drives me crazy. Last customer service stinks they don't communicate with their tech so had many mix ups. They seem to care at the beginning but soon they just stop giving a rip about their customers. These people lie and care less if your happy about their services avoid if possible.

Chris,

Mediacom Cable Company Information

1-844-274-6753
www.mediacomcable.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use