Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I would take Mediacom hands down because I've dealt with the other ones and they totally have it. I have their cable service and quality of service is great. I've used their service before and then I ran out of employment and money. I got a past due balance to pay them today. I got no problem with them. They have the best service in town because, if the wind is blowing or it's snowing, or raining too hard, their service is not interrupted. The installers did a good job and took them probably 45 minutes. I'm happy with Mediacom.

My daughter has Mediacom and every time she's had problems they've been right out there to fix it. The sales team was very good but the rep must have been new because she didn't quite explain everything, which was, nevertheless, fine. When they installed it, the service and everybody that I talked to there were very nice. Then I got like a pamphlet about faster internet service and it was only $79 a month for the first year. I wanted to change to that but I didn't want to pay the installation fee and so I left it the same.

For the most part, I was satisfied with the service I received from Mediacom and never had too many complaints. Unfortunately, I shut it off because I moved out of my apartment, but I plan to go back with them.

I couldn't get one company to install cable and internet service in my apartment complex, so I went with Mediacom. The sales rep I talked to was pretty nice, knowledgeable and answered my questions. The installer was very knowledgeable and on time. At first, I got the television and now, I have Wi-Fi. Everything has been good with Mediacom.

I’ve had Mediacom Cable for 30 years ever since I've been in Eureka. I have the basic channels because we’re both in our late 80's and we just watch mainly the local news. I had cable problems once in a while but everything's been well once they got these new connections and boxes straightened out. I'd recommend them. I've been satisfied with their services and the basic cable that we get.

I had Mediacom in a previous address and I was satisfied with the results I got from the problems I had. So I thought I’d stick with them when I moved to this new place. The only thing is they got busy so I had to wait a week before I finally got installation. I wasn’t too pleased with having to wait too long, but so far the quality of service I'm receiving has been good. One time, I went out of town for a week and when I got back, all my recordings were messed up, so I called Mediacom. Their repairmen came out, updated everything and fixed it for me at no charge.

Jeffrey,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Mediacom. I sincerely apologize if our service did not meet your expectations and appreciate you taking time to share your concerns. I will personally research your concerns regarding your account.

Don't forget to download the Mediacom mobile care app. It is available on both Android and iOS devices. On the app you can check on outages, troubleshoot service issues, set up a service call, check and pay your bill, and view your internet usage just to name a few things.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

MediaCom is Terrible. Their internet is not reliable and when you call them you get the same canned response. They want the bill paid but I have not had a month of service where I haven't had my internet drop. I'm surprised they haven't faced legal action yet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

I’ve had Mediacom for years and I have their cable and internet services. They're a good company and everything is good. I got more than I need and I need to talk to them about getting rid of some of the stuff. My wife passed away, so I have no need for it and I've been thinking about canceling. I've had good service with them. They're the best and I'm very happy with them.

Hi all, So I have had Mediacom Xtreme Cable and TiVo for a few months now. Everything seems to work great except the WiFi which I already know that's because it's in the bedroom. I woke up this morning to go out and watch my recorded shows on the TiVo and saw there was no power to it. After a little bit of an investigation I discovered the power cord was not in the back of the box. I followed the cord only to see the reason it was unplugged is that it got so hot in the back of the box it melted. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem. I'm just putting it out there for fair warning to everybody that it does happen and could happen and probably is some sort of extreme fire hazard.

I guess I'm posting this just for the fact that there's some sort of documentation. Mediacom handled alright. They are sending out a technician with a new box in about 5 days from now... in any case for all you bloggers out there that do read these reviews this is now out there for the whole world to see. Don't get me wrong people I get excellent service and I love my Mediacom.

I've never had satellite before so I tried to get it when I moved in at my current place but the satellite company wanted me to buy their equipment for $400 because I didn’t have any credit established. They also wanted the money upfront and didn’t work with me. I went with Mediacom and they billed me the equipment over a three-month period. I got their cable, the free phone and the internet. I’m very pleased with sales representatives and had no problem with the installation. The guy came in, hooked it up, was done in a few minutes and off he went. Mediacom's service has been good and I’d recommend them.

Paul,

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Installer performed his job very well, and was courteous the whole time. However, he was not able to get the system to work properly stating that as a subcontractor, he does not have access to MEDIACOM's junction box across the street. Installer stated that MEDIACOM would have to come out and 'Boost the Signal' which would help, but they would eventually have to run a new Optic line under the street. Well, it's been 2 weeks, MEDIACOM has not 'Boosted' the signal and we still have the same issues since Day One: Pixellation; Picture Freezing; 'Black Screen' - sound but no picture at all; and Stuttering Picture and Sound.

Called the Installer again yesterday but they can't do anything except remind MEDIACOM, which sounds fair since they only do the install. Overall, a Very Very DISAPPOINTING experience. I DO NOT recommend MEDIACOM.

Mediacom Cable is the only option other than DirecTV, DISH and local channels. Their sales reps were friendly and very professional. They answered all my questions and it was a very good experience. They have excellent customer service. I got residential internet for some streaming and cable HD for watching TV. The installation was excellent and though there were some issues, they got everything resolved in signal stream. The quality of their service is excellent.

I have the cable and the quality of service is very good. There's been a few times it's been out and I couldn't seem to get things back on but 90% of the time, I'm satisfied with Mediacom. I've been with them a long time, probably 20 years, and overall Mediacom is a pretty good outfit. I'm quite happy with them and I'd recommend them.

I was very happy with technician who came out. I had an absolute cable modem - he fixed that, made sure I was able to get on the internet before he left and answered my questions regarding general router versus cable modems, etc. He was also very friendly and patient. THANK YOU!

Almost six years ago, I got basic TV from Mediacom since they're the only one that's in town. The quality of service is okay and I like that they call up on me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The service Tech installed the upgrades but didn't explain the new system and was in a hurry to get out of town it seemed. After he left we played with the new control trying to figure it out finding that we couldn't receive but a few of the channels we should have as well as couldn't even rent anything thru On Demand. I called CS and that person sent a "ping" or two to the new box but did nothing. He set an appt. for another tech a few days later. Over the weekend a couple of days after all of this, I called back to CS and got someone who obviously knew what he was doing. He instructed me to sign on to my computer and to see if Tivo had loaded properly (which it hadn't). After further instruction from him everything seemed to be working as it was supposed to. I thanked him and he was very kind and courteous.

Brenda,

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I am not satisfied but have no choice. I have been with Mediacom for long time. I have the extreme. When it works properly it is good but I have had many got come out many times. Everyone does something different. The last time he put a filter on it which they did that before. I have been told it is because I live in a apartment. The wiring one min it works fine then it could go out anytime. When messing up the TV in den says cannot be found. I have to reboot the computer and TV box for it to work. My computer is slow. As much as I am paying it it way too much for the quality of service I am getting. Thank you.

Mediacom is the only one in town and I have basic service and movie channels. The quality is good as well as their service. When there is an issue, they get there when they say they will and get it fixed.

Mark,

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

We have had service with Mediacom for 3 months now. We got one of the fastest internet speeds but still have problems with it, we don't get signal in our bedroom. And they still have not came back to bury the cable cord in our yard.

I live in town and Mediacom is available there and they gave me what I wanted. I have basic cable and Mediacom provides good service. I like it.

Jason,

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I am still waiting on a response from customer support in regards to changing the billing date for my Mediacom Internet. I have not heard from them in regards to the account being setup to have billing in the middle of the month. Now for some reason I see the billing cycle was adjusted and I am now being billed at the first of the month. After speaking with customer support they were going to investigate the issue and a manager was going to get back to me, but even after providing the email I have heard nothing. I am starting to think the old CRM is coming back.

I'm very satisfied with Mediacom. I also had them when I lived somewhere else. I'm 88 years old, so I liked the older shows and I can get 8 and 2 or 3 and 2, and 13 and 3 with Mediacom. I liked the extra couple of channels. I was just moving in and they came the next day and they were very good about hooking it up and doing what they were supposed to do. I got a basic service and then the next tier up.

Once in a while, I get a little break on the amount I pay per month because they have a special. I’m a subscriber all these years and I'm always saving a bit which I’m appreciative of. The only real problem I have is when somebody is operating machinery, my service goes out. Other than that, the service is excellent, they're excellent when they visit and I'd recommend them to anyone.

Kevin,

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Lower my cost for all services I get Please. I am facing a cost reduction in my budget hate to change providers. There has to be a way to lower charges and lower corporate profits and share savings with your customers.

I live in a gated community and Mediacom is their server, so it's worked into my apartment. Their sales team has been very nice and accommodating. The installers came, hooked it up and there were a few comments and pleasantries. I have their cable and the phone services. It runs smoothly and I've been pleased with their service. My experience has been very satisfactory.

Arthur,

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

My connection daily goes off. I have to re-boot it each time. It was never fixed. Some days it goes off multiple times. I think I may need a new modem. Your repairman said - no. But then he could not fix it.

I've always had Mediacom and I haven't had any problems with the service. I'm 99 years old and I'm not a big television watcher but my daughter is. She watches television all the time. She stays up half of the night watching TV. Some of the things that are on there are violent or sexy and it's just not for me, but I watch some news.

Floyd,

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I am helping my father get a new TV and wanted him to have HD service not just digital. We went to the office on Ingersoll in Des Moines and picked up a unit. The lady at the counter said she would give him 3 months of free DVR service to use and see if he liked it. Well, got home, hooked everything up, and got great HD pictures. But NO DVR service. We called and they said nope there was nothing on record. Even called again days later. By then my dad changed his mind and didn't want to use DVR. Not good!!! Very grumpy lady at office counter.

The Agent was ever so helpful. She was courteous and professional. She was patient and guided me through everything. The problem was resolved efficiently. She also made me feel like a valued customer. I would recommend Mediacom to anyone. The service is always friendly and efficient.

Having Mediacom Internet Service is most of the time wonderful!! It is fast speeds and most of the time is at 100%, the customer service is good. I would say the price is a little high and that is all the criticism I have for this company.

Nancy,

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I feel that it should be an option for a Mediacom tech to come install this modem free of charge. It is way too complicated even though I feel somewhat confident in this area. As a result I will not install it myself at this time.

I was extremely satisfied with my internet Service for over 2 years. I had to move to a different part of the state not serviced by Mediacom and that is the only reason for disconnect. Returning equipment was super easy.

We have been happy Mediacom customers for many years now. Mediacom constantly adds features and channels, often with no increase in fees. Their installers/technicians are uniformly punctual, effective and friendly. The same is true of their tech support. In other words, they do things RIGHT! We appreciate their efforts.

Mediacom Cable Company Profile