4.14/5
Based on 667 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Mediacom Communications offers best​-​in​-​class technology across rural America.​ ​With the fastest in-home WiFi, TiVo® DVR, 1 Gig Speed and so much more - customers are guaranteed to have a superior in-home entertainment experience. One of the fastest internet speed providers across their footprint; Netflix® has ranked Mediacom one of the top internet providers in April 2016. As the world becomes more technologically advanced so does Mediacom, investing millions into a nationwide fiber optic infrastructure so small town America will get to enjoy the most advanced Digital TV, High Speed Internet, and Digital Phone service for years to come. Hop on the super speedway and visit ​Mediacomcable.com​ to get the best in TV & Internet service today!

Read More Read More
Last updated: April 25, 2018

2383 Mediacom Cable Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 24, 2018

I got tired of DISH always shutting off in the storm and Mediacom kept right on going. But I’ve shut Mediacom off too. All I was getting were three stations anyway. Why pay $50 for them? Otherwise, everything was okay and the service was great. I’d tell others to hook up to them. I just needed to cut down on some bills and Mediacom was one of them.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2018

The Mediacom salespeople were very good. The service is also very good and I’m liking it. But you have to watch the price. Our previous company kept upping our price so we chose Mediacom but when their price gets too high, we would go to DirecTV.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I've had Mediacom for 15 years now. I watch cable everyday. They have good service and everyone's been really nice.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I just moved to my parents' house and I've only been in here for three weeks. I was going to be calling Mediacom because I went down to go and pay my bill and they said my bill was $400 and some. And I paid my bill every month, so I don't know why it's that much. Since I had just recently moved I realized we pay a month in advance and I understand that but how does my bill get to be that high when I paid my complete bill every month so I'm not happy right now. They're doing crappy. This was a transfer. I took all of my old equipment and all they did was come and hook it up.

So I've had problems with the billing part. There were glitches in the system but they always fix it. I have my landline, internet, my Wi-Fi and my TiVo, which I love.I love Mediacom service. I watch a lot of television and the HD service. I never had that before I had my Mediacom TiVo installed. I've had Mediacom ever since my kids were babies. My oldest child is 40 years old now so that's how long I've had stayed with them. This went from Hawkeye, Heritage and I've been with them through the whole thing. Every time they changed names, I still stuck it out and so does my mom and dad.

Plus the installation guy was nice. I love the quality of the service. It can rain and snow and blizzard outside and I still have me some Mediacom. I tell my friends about them. I've got a friend right now. It rained and snowed the other day and he said, "I ain't got my DirecTV!" I said, "I told you to get Mediacom." He was being hardheaded. "See! Now, you can't even watch TV." Their service has been wonderful.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Mediacom charges too much. I'm looking into getting another company. And then we had a follow-up visit where we had another outbreak in a different room and they came out and took care of those. I would have stayed with them. I have TV, but I don't watch it that much and I can't afford to pay a $100 just for the regular thing. And when I do, I just watch certain stations. Nevertheless, everything else was fine. Whenever I had any problems, they were very nice and they would help me. That was why I stayed with them. They always took care of that. The installation went fine, too. They come and update it when they had wires and they've changed it and fixed it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

Original review: April 19, 2018

With Mediacom, you can get the phone, the internet and the cable bundled. They are also more local over other companies. It’s right up the street from me too. The cable has been getting so high lately and when we switched over, the lady who works in our local office helped us out a lot. She got us into a really good low plan and we got it to a lower price which I really like. We have a lot of cable channels but we didn’t go crazy with them. We got the main, basic and family cable, and we have to order the other ones if we want them but we like everything else with it. There are a lot of good channels. I also like this one because we got stars with it. We got Encore too.

I like the package except for some of the things that we have to pay for like the regional sports deal and that other thing that’s gone up again. It just kicks us off that we have to pay for them when we don’t even watch them, ever. Mediacom can improve and get more customers by keeping their prices low. Everybody that I talk to says cable’s been going up and up and constantly adding on these little regional deals on us and sports channels that we don’t even watch. We also have issues with Mediacom sometimes but not like they do with satellite. We have a friend who has Dish and he said that every time it storms, thunders or strikes lightning, the service always goes out on him. Also, Mediacom usually resolves the issue and I was satisfied and happy that they finally got it fixed. They also give us a credit if service was out for over a day.

Original review: April 19, 2018

We moved into a retirement home and we were setting up the system. I had one fellow from Mediacom telephone put in a modem. I called them and the office made the appointment. The man came on time. We had a little trouble hooking up the telephone because I had mixed some telephones. He told me what to do and then he left. That was satisfactory. We also watch television every once in a while but the system is not very good here. The television is completely different here from what I’m used to. I’m not very happy with the cable. But Mediacom is the only thing we can get here and I wish I had a different service.

Original review: April 18, 2018

We didn’t have many cable or internet companies 35 years ago when they came to town and the kids agreed that I hook up with Mediacom. I can't afford what they were going to charge and when the customer service rep looked up how many years I’ve been there, they worked with me. But other than that, if it goes up for some reason again, I told them I'm just going to have to cancel because I'm up there in age where I really don’t need it, so things are going to start dropping for me. But as long as they work with me, I'll try and hang on. So they’ve been real good. I have the TV and I don’t have a big selection. It’s more than what I need and when summer comes, I would be watching TV hardly at all because I’m outside. During the winter, I still have to go out and do chores.

People got to understand, with the weather, the wind, the cold, sometimes the TV doesn’t work all the time. Well, that happens. I have a neighbor. She just hates that. But we haven’t had a problem with it since that bad time. I was without it for a week but that was a nice storm so it didn’t bother me and I got the line put back up. When something goes wrong in the TV, I don’t call the number all the time. You don’t talk to anybody anyhow. It's on a recording or whatever. But sometimes I wonder how anybody knows about this or if anybody else is up. But other than that, I'm happy with them and I would tell people to go for it if they ask.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Come in to house and went to work, with mins. Figured out the problem and everything back in order. Thanks. Great service. Have not had any trouble since. Gave us codes to try, and we call anytime problem occurred. Big thanks for services. Customer service on phone was great. They tried help me through problem, then made the appointment for the next day. Thanks to everyone at the services center.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Mediacom is the only cable company I’ve ever had. I’ve had them for 20 years. I'm 79 so I watch a lot of TV right now because I don’t move around too much. I have the cable in the two rooms and the DVR in the living room where I can record programs. I had trouble with my bedroom and I let it go for about a while because I really wasn’t using it. I couldn’t sleep on the queen-sized bed since it was too hard and it hurt my hips. Then the church that I used to go to helped me get a twin bed. I called Mediacom and they came and helped me get the TV fixed. Then later, not too long ago, this TV went out. They came out and fixed it so I've got my TV going. Whenever I've needed help, they’ve come right out and helped me.

I also have a phone that has my Lifeline with it. When I had trouble with it, they came out and put a new modem on. I have arthritis real bad and when my phone goes out, I have to unscrew the cable and unplug it for two minutes. I told the technician when he came out that I have trouble with that cable screwing it in. Last time, he put a big knob on the cable. I noticed that must be for my arthritis because I can turn that knob a lot easier to screw the cable in, which I haven't had to do, but I looked on there and that looks like what it’s there for. That was very nice he did that and I haven't had any trouble since then.

I'm having a little trouble with the TV now but I heard there are storms in the area. It acted up last night, and I was telling Meals On Wheels that I figured there were storms in the area because the TV has gone out. It just stops for a while, and then it comes back on. I'm sure of what I thought because I checked my bedroom. When I had trouble with this one before, my bedroom one worked fine. So I called on this one and it was a cable. They had to put a new cable on it. When I looked at this one this time, my bedroom is doing the same thing, so I know it's something in the air. I've learned to check both my TVs. If they're both doing it, it's something in the atmosphere.

Original review: April 17, 2018

My daughter has an account with Mediacom and she is happy about it. She has cable, which she watches from mostly in the evening, and the internet with them in her house. The installation and the guys were all good.

Good afternoon Vicky,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review. We greatly appreciate the feedback and your valued business! Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns, have a wonderful day.

Thanks,

Christian

Original review: April 16, 2018

I finally got Mediacom and was very disappointed. It took three service calls to get everything fixed. I would have dropped Mediacom, but the last service guy was excellent. He needs a raise! The rest of your customer service people suck, they have no clue what they are doing!

Jayne,

Our commitment is to provide consistent reliable service and an exceptional customer experience each time you interact with us. Based on your current feedback, we did not meet this goal. We will personally research your concerns regarding your account and contact you with a resolution.

Don't forget to download the Mediacom Mobile Care app. It is available on both Android and iOS devices. On the app you can check on outages, troubleshoot service issues, set up a service call, check and pay your bill, and view your internet usage just to name a few things.

Thank you in advance for giving us the opportunity to help resolve your issues. We appreciate your business!

Original review: April 16, 2018

People that I know of told me about Mediacom and my kids also have them. When I was living with my daughter, she had Mediacom, still does, and when I moved into my own place, I stuck with them. I have cable television and I have so many channels. The service has been pretty good so far. If I have a problem, I call and I'm pretty sure they're going to do what's right. I'm also going to have my daughter hook up the phone service for me. I'm satisfied with Mediacom and if one of my friends ask about it, I would tell them to get it.

Original review: April 15, 2018

A long time ago, I had DISH. And every time the wind would blow, I would lose my TV. So I decided to go to cable so it would be more stable. I recently moved. And on the day I moved, Mediacom was supposed to be here to hook up my cable that afternoon. They said to bring all my equipment down here with me, which I did. But then they never showed up.

Then when I got a hold of them again, they said, “We tried to call you.” And I said, “My phone was down here that I unhooked up, waiting for you to come and hook it up.” So then, I was without a phone or a TV for nine days and that was bad because I’m handicapped and I have a MediMate. And so, with the phone not working, that’s not working either. And I live alone so that was a scary thing. But we finally got it all straightened out.

I have my phone, TV, and internet all with Mediacom. And the day before they finally got it hooked up, I got a big box in the mail with all the new equipment stuff in it. And then a young guy came and hooked it up. But then I didn’t have the right phone number, and I had a hassle with that. But otherwise, my TV is very plain. And if we’re going to have storms tonight, I have no fear that I’m going to lose my TV and not knowing what’s going on or anything like that. I like Mediacom and they have a technician right here in town that’s really smart and knows what he’s doing. I’d recommend them any time.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I've had Mediacom before and I liked their business. They're good. The sales guy did everything he was supposed to do, asked me the right questions he was supposed to ask, and did everything right. One thing I didn’t like though was when I got transferred over to the apartment I'm at now, the subcontractor guy that came and put my stuff in stole $195 from us by not turning it in to the company and forging my name. He didn’t give me a receipt or sign any papers. The only papers that got signed were him signing my name to their papers. That’s what I'm dealing with right now and it's really irritating.

Mediacom said that they were gonna get it resolved and deal with it. The guy has worked for them for 10 years and they had no problem with him before at all that anybody has reported. But when he forged my name, that was a bad thing to do because that’s felony forgery. I could put him in jail. I still just might do that anyway just for what he did to me to begin with. Nobody needs to sign anybody else’s name to any paperwork at all. But other than that, I had no other problem with Mediacom. They just gotta watch who they hire to go to work. Don’t give an independent contractor any money.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: April 14, 2018

I didn’t want to go with Mediacom but my two sons were with them and they kept on, so we finally went with them. Once a week for the last six months, there's an outage that comes in and it would be from three to maybe sometimes five hours, and I got tired of calling. The last time I called, they said, “Well, there was a complete outage” and it took another hour or two for the TV to come back on again. They're nice on the phone. They say, “Check this, and check that” and I kept telling them, “I do this every time and it's always on your end.” We also have the phone. It's our landline phone which we rely on a lot and it goes out with everything else, the same way with the internet. If things don’t get better, I'm gonna go back to what I had before.

Original review: April 13, 2018

All I got was internet and a landline and my shows freeze constantly, my tablet won't even connect and whenever my phone is hooked up to the wifi, it freezes so I KNOW it's Mediacom's service. Terrible terrible terrible??? The guy who set it up was very polite. Funny actually. But he's about the only good thing about your company and I can't even remember his name??? But he's the only reason I'm giving 2 stars instead of one.

Charly,

Original review: April 13, 2018

The place we live in provides Mediacom cable for free, and we only had to pay for the box. One time, they had these little boxes that we didn’t have to pay for. Those little boxes weren’t worth a tinker’s damn, and I went back to the big box which works a lot better than the little ones. The tech came out and gave me the box, and when he did, they mailed me another one so I had two boxes. I was supposed to mail it back in, but when I saw the technician that gave me the box, I just handed him the second one. He was friendly and he understood what I was going through. Now that I got this box, I’m fine. I get to watch my favorite show on Friday, and the other two favorite shows that I have on Monday and Tuesday. The service is fine, but we don’t have Game Show Network through Mediacom and I wish they’d get that back. I’m satisfied overall and I’d recommend it.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I've been using Mediacom since 1983 and over the years, they have provided good service. Currently, I have the telephone, internet and cable bundle through them. Their customer service team has always been very helpful. Any trouble I’ve ever had, they jumped right on it. I had a recent experience wherein the station was not coming in clearly. I called them and got the robotic part first before getting to the customer service. They were going to send somebody come out within 24 to 48 hours, which I thought was decent. But then, the station cleared up so I called them back and told them they didn't have to come out anymore. And while we've got outages like any other cable provider would have, Mediacom has been prompt with the service and I'm pleased with that.

Original review: April 12, 2018

When the internet works it works great but there are a lot of times that it will just go out on us and during these times it’s very frustrating! I paid for the best internet offered in my area and it sucks and it doesn’t consistently work all the time. I have even talked to neighbors who have the same problem with it just going out.

David,

Original review: April 12, 2018

I’m in a building where the only cable service I can get is Mediacom. With them, I get a lot of channels and the cable service has been fine. All my experiences with their customer service team have been good too.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Mediacom has too many outages and speed is much slower than advertised. We had to increase our bandwidth package to a more expensive plan just to get consistent speeds of the lower level package which was barely enough to hold a webinar conversation. My employer has me work from home and I had to pay more than I should have to accomplish that. I repeated asked for credit for outage time but only received it once, when the service was out for almost three days.

When we moved away, Mediacom lost record of receiving our equipment and tried to send us to collections for the cost of the equipment. They also refused to turn service off on the date I requested and insisted on shutting off at the end of the billing cycle. We got a prior balance bill, but never got a detail of the final bill with dates of service. To make sure we weren't overcharged, we requested a detailed bill three times. Each time we received a bill that stated only "Prior Balance Due" and no detail of the "prior balance". We couldn't even look online because one day after shutting down service, our online account was deleted and logging in was met with messages indicating we'd never been a customer at all and no account existed. Customer service is mediocre at best.

Erika,

Original review: April 11, 2018

Mediacom was available when we moved down a couple of years ago. The hook up was already there, so we just called and said I wanted to take the service, and they came and hooked me up. The installation was good and the sales team was excellent. However, the rate is too high. I pay $70 for the first year and now it's around $100. We got cable TV and the quality of service was excellent. I use them at night when I get the news and my wife watches a lot during the day. Mediacom has excellent service.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Years ago when I had Mediacom, I really enjoyed the service and I had no problems. I switched back because I went to DirecTV and it was lousy. I don't get reception when it rains or snows. But I had to be under their contract for two years. After 20 months, I dropped it. I told them I'll pay the difference when they are out but I'm gonna pay them monthly, which I did. But now I don't care for Mediacom's service because for the first year that I had it back, they were over here 11 months out of 12 and either the internet or one of the TVs went out. When they installed it they had the service up and running but then the next month they had to come back out because the Internet went out. So the next month they had to come back out because the TV didn't work. I let one of my grandkids watch TV in one of the bedrooms. This happened more than once and they came out and fixed every single month for 11 months.

Also, the prices are steadily going up. I love the services as far as the channels that I can watch and I enjoyed it, but I don't enjoy the price. I also don't enjoy that when I call, it's negative. If my service goes out and I have to wait a week, I don't appreciate it. It's not like it used to be. I never had a problem when I had it from 2006 up until 2016. Now that I have to have this cable thing it's too expensive for me and each time when I tell them that I want to take things off, they tell me, "You have to wait until June." Then when I go down there to pay the bill, they say, "We could take this off, we could take that off." If they want to take things off, I'm no longer in a plan and the price is higher.

Also, I could turn to On Demand and go to a movie that I recorded and it won't give me the movie. Last March I had my grandkids over and I recorded one of the cartoons for them so that they can watch it later. But when I went to watch, it only gave me 30 minutes instead of two hours. So I called the Philippines because it was late. She said, "I'm gonna see what I can do." I said, "Excuse me. You don't talk to me that way." "Were you complaining?" I said, "I'm complaining because the service, that I'm not getting my picture." "Okay, I tell you what, I'm gonna do a troubleshoot. In 15 minutes your service will be on." I said, "Okay. Not a problem." I waited half an hour but they didn't call after that. It came back on to a half hour.

So I called back and the guy that I had that time, still from the Philippines, said, "Well we're not gonna troubleshoot it again because it might take turning TV off." I said, "No. It's not gonna turn the TV off because I have kids here." "Well there's nothing we can do. We'll have somebody come out there." I said, "Okay now, when?" "Three days." I said, "Okay. My grandkids won't even be here in three days." And so when he came out, he was like, "I really don't know what the problem is." I'm like, "I can't believe it. I've never had problems with them before but now all of a sudden I'm having problems."

The prices shouldn't be so high. Even if I just go down to internet, that's $80 plus tax. My bill now is $165 dollars. I can't afford that. If I drop the phone, that only takes $10 off of my bill. I'm like, "What the hell?" You can't win. I don't want to get rid of the service but it's too high now. A lot of people are telling me, "You should go with Hulu and Netflix. You still have the Internet." Mediacom is the worst.

Original review: April 10, 2018

My father was in assisted living and Mediacom was just what was available to them. The installation of the digital box went very smoothly. Then the assisted living home decided to go ahead and pay for the service for the residents through Mediacom, so he still had the service. Everything has been fantastic. Mediacom is the best and their service is really good and I will tell my friends to get them.

Original review: April 9, 2018

The technician was very friendly and professional in explaining all of the features that I had ordered. However, my memory is short and I could not find follow-up instructions in the guide or online for TiVo. I am experimenting and may need to call if I cannot figure out all of the features.

Original review: April 9, 2018

We called customer service to get help with our channel guide. They were completely understanding when I told them I did not want to try to fix it over the phone. They scheduled a technician to come out and troubleshoot. When he arrived he checked it all out, found the problem and fixed it. J.D. even called the next day to make sure all was good. Thank you for sending JD. Friendly customer service.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I was with DISH and every time it snowed and rained, I couldn’t watch television. I went with Mediacom to get a more stable service. I have both the phone and the internet and the salesman that was here sold me the package. Then, they installed and they did a good job. They gave me a guide of what channels were the different numbers were and I have the sports package but when I look in the paper for a certain game being on, I can never find it in the cable. But other than that, I always had nothing but good experiences whenever I had to deal with Mediacom.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Apparently Mediacom has gotten so big that they can't serve their customers properly. I had a Mediacom telephone and got rid of it due to poor service. My phone went dead, I informed customer service of the problem and they gave me all kinds of reasons why it wasn't working. I purchased my own telephone modem when I started with the phone service. Their pricing keeps going up on the modem rentals and that is where they make their money. In January 2018, my phone service stopped due to a problem with Mediacom. I called the service representative and a week and a half, they sent two service techs out to my home. I spent approximately 1 1/2 hours attempting to get my phone service back. First they told me that my personal modem was bad and put one of their modems on. Nothing. They said, they must have a bad modem and put another modem on my phone line. Again, nothing, line dead.

They finally said that they didn't know what the problem was and would have to put in a repair ticket. When they left my place, they still had their modem connected to the cable line and my telephones. Several days, my phone still did not work and I took the Mediacom modem to their office to turn it in. I got a receipt for their modem and told the customer service representative that I did not want their phone system as I was canceling it. Since 11 January 2018 when I turned the modem in, I have received two monthly bills for their Mediacom modem rental. I talked to several of their customer services and explained the billing problem.

I finally called their total care office (888-847-6228) and talked to a representative who said the problem would be taken care of. I even e-mailed a copy of my receipt for their modem to them. As of today 8 March 2018, I have no idea if the problem has been taken care of. I will NEVER do business with Mediacom for any phone service again. Very poor communication between all their offices and have the dumbest people working for them. I have heard from other Mediacom customers dealing with their phone service and they aren't happy with the service either.

Robert,

Original review: April 8, 2018

Back in January 2018 I returned my equipment to Mediacom, it contained a TiVo, DVR and a modem/router. Before returning the modem/router I had gone to a local non profit thrift store and purchased modem that was similar if not exactly like the one I had been renting Prior to activating the device I purchased for only $10.00. I called and spoke to tech at Mediacom to make sure that the device was not one that belonged to Mediacom, and that I would be able to use it without incurring any monthly charges for the usage. I was told it was fine and it was not an unreturned device and I could activate the device.

When I received my statement for next month, I noticed it contained a charge for modem use $10.00 plus fees for local broadcasting, 24.00 to be exact. I called Mediacom and explained my situation, and I was told, "You still have our modem," I told them, "No I do not, I returned all the equipment to the local office. I am using a modem I purchased," the reply I got was I was still using a modem that was Mediacom's. He told me to go into the local office and show them the receipt, which I did. The clerk there kept saying my account showed I was using a Mediacom modem. I tried to explain that I did not get my modem that I was presently activated from Mediacom, that I purchased it, she kept arguing with me, and I could not understand what she was talking about, since I knew we had returned their modem and I only had the one I bought at the thrift store.

After some heated conversation it came out that we were had two modems, and only returned one, I said, "NO, that is not true, I was only issued one modem by Mediacom, and I returned that one, and the one I am using is mine and prior to using it I called to make sure it was not stolen or unreturned, which I was told it was free and clear to use." I did the right thing because if it had been reported as unreturned I would have gladly given it back to Mediacom.

The manager as well as the clerk, were rude, impolite and not very customer service oriented. He, the manager actually said to me, "Well you should not have bought." What the heck does that mean? I was trying to meet them halfway, eating the 10.00 plus 1/2 the charges I had incurred with the use of this "modem". The manager said he could not do that. I said, "Fine." I tried to do the honorable thing, here I am trying to cut costs thinking I am using my own modem, when I try to explain the situation, no consideration is taken into account.

Here is the big question, if the device was not returned by whomever it was issued to before I bought it at the thrift store, would not that customer who the device was issued to (because it was not issued to me) have be charged for it? Would the first thing to do or one of the things to do would be to find out who it was ISSUED TO??? Since it was never issued to me, and when I activated the device and supplied Mediacom with the serial no etc that they needed to activate, why wasn't I told at the time that it belonged to Mediacom? And why would I returned a device only to activate another exact device?

None of my issues were even given any thought or consideration. Sometimes it just does not pay to be the honest and honorable one. I was told by the manager that I would be charged for the device, why would he not check to see if the customer who did not return it already was charged? It doesn't pay to be nice not to these guys. The clerk in their office is one of the rudest, uncooperative customer service reps I have ever encountered, not to mention, that her manager condones her horrible behavior as well. Shows you why this company has one of the worst customer service ratings.

Grace,

Our commitment is to provide consistent reliable service and an exceptional customer experience each time you interact with us. Based on your current feedback, we did not meet this goal. We will personally research your concerns regarding your account.

Mediacom Cable expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Mediacom specializes in bringing the same high level of digital services that residents of major metropolitan areas enjoy to small towns and cities across the United States. They currently serve over 1,500 communities in 22 states.

• Find your local office: Find out if Mediacom is available in your state and locate your nearest office on Mediacom’s website. If there isn’t yet availability in your area, Mediacom can find your local provider for you.

• Xtream: Mediacom’s Xtream home service combines the fastest available in-home Wi-fi with a TiVo® DVR, which allows you to record up to five shows at a time, watch your shows in any room of the house and on any device and set your DVR remotely.

• No contracts: Sign up for service from Mediacom without signing a contract. You can cancel at anytime without paying high early cancellation fees.

• Speed Boost: Supercharge your Internet by adding 100 or 150 Mbps to your Internet for only $10 or $20 per month.

• Free HD: Mediacom’s extensive HD lineup is available for customers to enjoy at no extra charge. In addition, if you already own an HDTV set, then Mediacom will automatically upgrade your Mediacom receiver to an HD receiver.

• Best for: Mediacom is best for families and individuals who live in rural areas where Mediacom offers service.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs