Call toll free
3.85/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Mediacom Communications offers best​-​in​-​class technology across rural America.​ ​With the fastest in-home WiFi, TiVo® DVR, 1 Gig Speed and so much more - customers are guaranteed to have a superior in-home entertainment experience. One of the fastest internet speed providers across their footprint; Netflix® has ranked Mediacom one of the top internet providers in April 2016. As the world becomes more technologically advanced so does Mediacom, investing millions into a nationwide fiber optic infrastructure so small town America will get to enjoy the most advanced Digital TV, High Speed Internet, and Digital Phone service for years to come. Hop on the super speedway and visit ​Mediacomcable.com​ to get the best in TV & Internet service today!

3191 Mediacom Cable Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 13, 2019

Mediacom was what we’ve always had in my house. Me and my hubby separated, and I called and got it turned back on in my name. I had some issues with them that I wasn’t happy with at first but we finally got that resolved last month. When the guy came, turned it on and hooked it up, it was $180. So, I gave him $80 in cash, and then I used my debit card from my work that my paycheck was on. They lost the debit card payment and they couldn’t find it. So, they kept billing me for three months and I was getting frustrated with them. Finally, I found some of my paperwork from when the guy came and installed everything. I found the reference number and they still couldn’t find my payment. I don’t know if they ever found it but it was taken out of my account.

I have no way of getting any printout with my debit card. I can get online and see the payment was taken but there’s no information to tell them what number they applied it to. Last month was the first one that didn’t have that extra payment on it. Everything was good with their customer service. They were nice to me whenever I called and asked them why it was still on my bill. They were professional and friendly with me whenever I talked to them so it wasn’t bad a deal where I had to scream at them. They promised they were trying to find it and they would get it taken care of, and they did. I got the Wi-Fi from Mediacom and installing it was easy. All the rep had to do was bring me a new box, put it in, activate it and he was done. It didn’t take him 10 minutes, so it was an in and out deal. I had to reset my box one time but other than that, I didn’t have any issues.

Good morning Becky,

Upon looking at the account, it looks like all issues have been resolved since 01/24/19. If you need more detailed information you can always call in, we can private message you, or we can call you when you’re available. We do want to thank you for your valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. It is always great to hear that our customer service representatives have been nice and professional since that is what we strive for. If you have any further questions, concerns, or service issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Christian

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I’ve been with Mediacom since 2001. All the other cable and internet companies here suck and Mediacom is just the better of the worst of all evils. I have usage issues every single day. My son is in high school and he has a tablet to do his homework so when the internet is down, he has to go to other people’s houses to do his homework. I've called and I’ve had them come out four times this year. And usually when the techs come in, they don’t tell me what’s going on. They'd just go down and say that everything is fixed and then they leave. They made me feel like I’m in the wrong. They made it seem like they’re coming in for no reason and I don’t know if they’re putting that on the paperwork.

Initially, the techs said the problem was the box. So, they kept swapping out boxes saying that was the key, but it wasn’t. The problem is outside of my house in the cable somewhere and it is getting jumbled up. The problem is usually the wireless internet, not the cable. We get Netflix and we can never get on Netflix because our internet’s down. We don’t even watch Netflix anymore because when my kids watch a TV show, the internet would drop halfway through so they'd get pissed and then they'd blame me. One tech told me that I had to get rid of my TVs so that my internet would work better. But we only use three and I only have one box. So, I only get the stuff that I pay for on one one TV only. The other two only get the basic things. I went to the office and told their rep what their tech said and she laughed. Those are the kind of techs that are sent into my home. They have no clue what they’re doing. There are some really good ones though.

Nevertheless, they have really good people that work for them and they really help. They know that there are issues and that the service is not always perfect. When you go into their office, they are super understanding and they would say, "We get it." I know it’s not their fault. I just don’t like paying money for things that should work properly but aren’t being fixed. The cable is just too expensive. I’m a single mom and I’m paying 150 a month for both internet and cable which is crazy. I wouldn’t mind paying it but it consistently have problems and I got tired of calling so I just left it. If it works, it's okay, if it doesn’t, it's okay too.

Good morning Jennifer,

Thank you for your review and longtime valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We sincerely apologize about any service issues that you might be experiencing. We are not seeing any completed service calls this year. The last one that we see was completed on 08/15/18. Would we be able to setup a service call for you to diagnose the issues you’re experiencing? We look forward to hearing from you.

Christian

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We’ve been a customer of Mediacom Cable for a long time and our experience with the company has been good throughout the years. Back at the time, I didn’t think all of the other internet or cable providers were available and I didn’t know anything about them. My husband is 89 and I’m 86, we don’t have a computer, our phone is with AT&T, and we have just the regular program for the TV that we watch, but the cost of the service has just gone up to $110 for us. On the other hand, my son and his wife have a computer and they have the TV, their phone, and the internet on the same program with Mediacom, but they only pay 130 something. So, it seems to me that for what we get, it's is getting to be very expensive for us.

The cost has gradually gone up. Also, one thing they do that I don’t agree with is that the service fee went up to $105 and there was no notice that it was being raised. Then just recently, with the last bill, it went up to $110. I don’t think it’s a good practice to raise a person’s bill with no explanation. Other than that, the customer service interactions that we’ve had with the representatives were good experiences. Everything was fine and everything went well.

Good morning Connie,

Thank you for your longtime valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We are glad to hear your experience has been good with us. We do apologize about any rate increases. We try to keep our rates as low as possible but it is difficult to do so because of programming costs, re-transmission fees, maintenance expenses, and the increases of taxes/surcharges. Rates will step up annually until a bundle or package reaches full price rate. Any other increases should have been noted in the last 1-2 billing statements. Also, when you bundle with more than one base service, service rates are lower for a 12-month period but after that it will increase. We hope this information helps and please reach out to us to see if we have any available offers to help lower your service rate. Have a wonderful day!

Christian

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Mediacom has provided my family with internet service for about 5 years. Up until about 3 weeks ago, I have been satisfied with it then the company has been weird. Our area was totally devastated by Hurricane Michael. Like all the area Utility Companies (electric, water, phone, and internet) they got things working again within ten days of the storm. I was quite impressed with this response. Mediacom had things working within 3 days of electrical power being available. Granted service was intermittent but as time went on it was getting more and more stable.

Then three weeks ago it went off completely, no signal to our house. The line was dead at the “tap”. I contacted Mediacom and they sent reps out right away. These local guys determined it was “dead at the tap”, and was something they could not fix and put in an order with some other department of Mediacom which got approved. Since then I haven’t seen anyone in our neighborhood working to fix this problem, nor can I get anyone at Mediacom to give me an expected time to fix. When I call or chat the representative empathizes with my frustration and that the technicians are working to solve my problem. Since I don’t see any worker here I have my doubts. All the people I interface with are nice and supportive, but have no information about when my service will be restored. We have been trying to upgrade our service to include TV and phone, but that didn’t happened due to the intermittent service.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I live in the Centerville Lofts and they had the system set up for Mediacom when they built the building. Mediacom is all they will allow us to have and we cannot have any dishes attached to the building. I've had Mediacom before and I've never had any problems with it. So this recent time, I called and told them that I wanted the TV hooked up to Mediacom. They set up a time and a tech came out and hooked it up. For some reason, I have a control board in the laundry room and when he came to do things, he had to go in there and flip some switches. I don't know what it was about but all I do now is turn it on, watch my programs, then turn it off.

I have all three services, the TV, phone and internet but and I do not have a telephone. So, when the phone calls come in on it, I just get the numbers at the top ‘cause I use a separate phone and I have the internet which I said I just finally got it hooked up. I've been trying to do it and I couldn’t do it. Since they came out and hooked the services up in February, I don’t have a telephone and I have not been able to use my computer because I couldn’t get it to work right. So, I've been paying for something I haven't had.

I have the basic cable and I'm thinking about upgrading it to the family system in a month or two because I haven't had movie channels. I like the fact that ION TV and Heroes and Icons got a day full of just one program and they show different episodes. Heroes and Icons also show JAG, which is my favorite program, on Wednesdays. If the TV doesn’t work then I'll be screaming. My health was going downhill and if anybody does something and I don’t like it, they'll hear about it before I was too short not to. If the system has a problem and it's being provided, then fix it or take it out.

Then this morning, one of my neighbors told me that her bill went up because they charged her for Starz. I told her that when one gets hooked up to Starz, they are given a three months trial period. She said that it was six months and she didn’t know about it. I then said that nobody told me I had Starz. So, if it comes up on my bill, I'll be calling somebody because I wasn’t told and I don’t like paying a TV channel which I wouldn’t have been watching because it's movies.

I didn’t mind paying for the computer because I knew I eventually would get it hooked up. I have had several friends trying to help me do it but I still couldn’t get it hooked up or to do anything. So, I called in and a tech came out the day before yesterday and he worked on it for quite a while. He worked on the computer, the TV, and other stuff and got those all set up so that I can use them. I had to put in my email as well and I had trouble doing that, but we finally got it done. Now, I've got to put in my address books and a few websites that I'm going to be using.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

Original review: May 24, 2019

Should be rated #1 on the Gulf Coast. Very prompt response time, professional service techs and installers and great signal strength. They keep you informed every step of the way while they are resolving your inquiry and don't stop until you are happy. Keep up the great work Mediacom!!!

Original review: May 24, 2019

The main reason I chose Mediacom is for the speed. I think the service is overpriced. In order to get a better rate, I have to do a trial of additional services which try to "sucker" me into a higher rate in the future for services I do not want. I definitely will search for other suppliers if I have no choice in receiving lower rates.

Good Afternoon Daniel,

We our sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the structure of our packaging. We have reviewed your account and notice that at this time you are in a no contract offer, and you are paying a lower price than if you just had internet service. Our company provides these offers so customers can do a trial run on our other products we offer. For example with having the local plus TV, you have access to local networks, and with the weather we have had throughout the United States we feel it's a great feature to be able to provide to our customers. At any time, you are not getting these services at a price that would not save you on internet service. You can remove the products and just keep internet.

Original review: May 24, 2019

My internet is supposed to be the step just under the 1gig service yet I do not receive those seeps in reality never got modem upgraded when I upgraded also why the same set of channels multiple times. I only want the H.D. channels I hate being forced to get them in other languages and in standard and s.d. when all I need and want is the HD. I'm forced to take audio music stations that I don't need or want. Mediacom gets away eith charging the outrageous prices they charge by forcing you to take on unneccesary items in your channel lune up just yo get the actual networks that you do want. I go back and forth every day weather ir not to switch to Dish because 200 dollars a month is outrageous to pay for internet and cable with DVR service which is something that should be provided automatically anyways because everyone else gives you the ability to do this without the additional charge for equipment to make this service possible.

Good Afternoon Michael,
Our deepest apologies that you are not getting the speed of internet you are requesting. Reviewing the account, we are showing your internet signals look good. We would love to have the opportunity to check things for you and issue a trouble call if necessary. We did research the modem, and with the speed showing on your account, the modem should support the speeds you are currently paying for. Regarding your television service, if we were to sell our channels a la carte the cost by station would be at a higher cost than the television packages we have set up for our customers. We live in a country of diversity. We have many customers with different tastes in programming. We do try to offer a little something for everyone in our television packaging. In your service area you do not have to have equipment to view digital programming. We do have customers that do not have equipment and watch television programming. That is one reason our digital format is still there. We do have a way to assist you if you would like by selecting the favorites on your Tivo DVR so you have quicker access to your favorite programs. If we can assist you with any of these issues, please reach out to us. We are here for you 24/7.
With Warmest Regards,

Beverely Hiett

Original review: May 23, 2019

The women that helped me set up this new account was very friendly and accurate. She explained everything to the fullest. We have had your service at 454 4th St. SW prior to our move. Our service ended August 2018. I had internet for 6 months at a different account that we just closed to start this account. I think we will again be happy with Mediacom.

Good Evening Linda,

Well you have us beaming with happiness, Linda. Thank You. In a world of negativity, it is an honor to have someone take the time and let us know our staff treated you with great customer service. We will strive to keep improving our services to provide for great customers like yourself. We our only a phone call or text away 24/7. Thank you for choosing us for your provider Linda.
Warmest Regards,

Beverley Hiett

Original review: May 23, 2019

The installation and consistency of the service/product was poor. My modem was switched 3 times. The cable and wifi went out for no reason all the time. They sent out subcontracted technicians who were really nice but seemed to be in a hurry all the time.

Good Evening Michelle,
We apologize for the problems you have had with our internet services. I reviewed your account and noticed you have moved to an area we do not service. If you ever return to our service area, I hope you will give us a second chance. We are truly sorry that you had a bad experience with our services, we wish you were still available to try and work with you.
Warmest Regards,

Beverley Hiett

Original review: May 23, 2019

Really happy to have wifi for home use but our connection is interrupted often. Since we got the internet we've also had problems with uploading. The service interruptions were not easy to understand. I wasnt sure if my service was taken away, or if something technical had happened.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have been very impressed with service at Mediacom. All of my interactions have been pleasant and my calls have been answered quickly. The employees are professional and helpful. My service has worked great! It is a little pricey but overall I am very impressed with MediaCom.

Original review: May 23, 2019

When I called in originally I made sure to wake 4 different times if Disney Jr was included so my toddler can watch her toons. I was told that it was and she was looking right at it, come to find out Mediacom does not have the channel at all! Called in to voice my concerns and was told “sorry”. Then they were supposed to come within 2 weeks to bury the line, install was in November, they finally showed up in March to bury the line. No call or anything just showed up.

Good afternoon Brandon,

We sincerely apologize about your experience and about the concerns you mentioned. Upon looking at the lineup for your area, we have PBS Kids, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, and the Disney Channel from what I can see. I apologize if I missed any other networks that are suitable for children and that you were told Disney Jr was part of the lineup since I don’t see it available for your area. I will put in a channel request in hopes we can acquire it in the near future and also apply a $20.00 promo credit onto your account as a courtesy for the discrepancy. If you have any other questions, concerns, or service issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: May 22, 2019

We are dealing with an outage once again. One day it was down for 3 days. I work from home and it is very upsetting when I am not able to work or I lose a call because the service is not reliable. They gave me a 10.00 credit once for the inconvenience but do they realize all the money I lose when I am unable to work. Not hardly!!

Good afternoon Dawn,

We sincerely apologize about your experience. We try our best to provide our customers with consistent and reliable services. Unfortunately, there are a lot of variables that can cause services to go down. Once we can pinpoint why an outage is caused, please rest assured we reach out to all parties to get a fast and efficient resolve. If you do work from home and the internet service is used for making income, I would suggest a business account for faster turn around times and advanced support. Please keep in mind though, if it’s a fiber cut or power outage, the services will still be down. We hope the information helps and if you have any further issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a good day!

Original review: May 22, 2019

I have had the "bundle" for 6 years. I have experienced numerous outages, tiling, no caller ID, which is a free service, On Demand movies that never televised, and 2 years ago lost all communication for one week with no resolution from Mediacom. Their reasoning was that not enough residents in this 1200 household development call in for service.

Good afternoon Thomas,

Thank you for your long-time valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We do want to apologize about any service issues that you have or are experiencing. Upon looking at the account, the cable units are all active, signal quality from the modem is in range, and the up-time of the modem is around 22+ days. If you’re still having issues, may we schedule a service visit for you to check things out further? We look forward to hearing from you, so we can acquire a full resolve and address your concerns.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Mediacom is bit expensive but I am grateful they gave me leniency on an unpaid bill from the past. I have no complaints as far as connectivity. We have had very few problems with the service. I am satisfied as a customer. Thank you.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Was allowed to change to a cheaper service with zero hassle and updated discounts were applied to my bill immediately. Quick customer service. Technicians who came out were knowledgeable and helpful and not trying to upgrade service. Never pushy. Highly recommend!

Original review: May 22, 2019

Internet has frequent problems with low speeds and Tivo sometimes refuses to work. Contract pricing scheme is unfair and not competitive with other providers. Everyone on my street has different prices for the same services. I will switch to other companies at the end of my contract. Possibly before then to save money and get better service.

Good afternoon Steven,

We sincerely apologize about your experience and any service issues that you’re still experiencing. Upon looking at the account, it looks like one of our representatives named Richard followed up with you on 05/16/19 where it was indicated that all service issues have been resolved. If you’re still experiencing service issues, please let us know so we can create a follow up service visit and reach out to our field team for assistance. We hope to retain your valued Mediacom business. The people on your street may have more or less digital units, higher or lower internet speed, and a different level of cable service. It also depends on their start date and such. We will always try our best to keep service rates low while providing great quality services. We look forward to hearing from you to address any service issues that are still occurring and any other concerns that you may have.

Original review: May 22, 2019

There are too many outages. Your rates are too high. I am seriously considering canceling my service. There is nothing fit to watch on tv anymore. I would like to have only the local channels and Fox Business.

Good afternoon Virginia,

We sincerely apologize about your experience and any service issues that you might be experiencing. If regular troubleshooting is not resolving your issues, we would like to send a service tech out to your residence if we may, so we can acquire a full resolve. Would you like us to set that up for you? What days and time frames work best around your schedule? Also, it looks like you’re not under a contract offer. If you would like to downgrade services, modify services, or opt-into a contract offer you always can. Please let us know if we can schedule a service visit and if you would like to know what offers we currently have. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I've tried Mediacom for three years now, and have not been happy with the reception on my tv's, nor the in and out consistency of my internet with them. Two technicians for them have come out and told me Mediacom will not repair the infrastructure that is causing the problem, but there is no consideration offered by them. Now 1/3 of my watched channels have been removed with no explanation or a reduction in price. I am looking for a more honest and reputable company now. Will terminate soon.

Good afternoon Brent,

We sincerely apologize about your experience. As long as the issues are not being cause by inside wiring which requires an electrician, then we should be able acquire a resolve. What specific things did the techs say they would not be able to repair? The more information we know the better. Upon looking at the account, your channel subscription level remains the same. You are at Local Plus TV. What channels are you missing? Please refer to the channel lineup for your area with the link below. Please keep in mind you only subscribe to Local Plus TV. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I've had Mediacom for years and have no desire to ever change. I use internet, cable, and phone and I rarely have issues, beyond an occasional service outage or slowdown. Even those are seldom. Any time something does pop up, it is always handled quickly and efficiently.

Good morning Michael,

Thank you very much for your review and longtime valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We are happy to hear that you’re pleased with the services, that you rarely have any issues, and that our representatives have always been able to resolve things in a quick and efficient manner. If you have any issues at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Original review: May 22, 2019

It took 6 weeks and 5 techs to finally fix my problem. So what I was paying for. I didn't get. Could not get Premium Channels. I don"t understand why it took soooo Long and my Frustration was getting worse daily.

Good afternoon James,

We sincerely apologize about your experience. We don’t want any of our valued customers to experience any service issues. We do really appreciate your patience and for working with us to fix the intermittent service issues. It looks like our agents did credit you for the time without proper working services. I will make sure to cover any other time frames that we might have missed. If you have any further questions, concerns, or service issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: May 22, 2019

I switched back to Mediacom after being with ATT for well over 10 years. With the major increase in internet speeds ATT could not keep pace with outdated phone lines and no fiber upgrade in my area. I also switched to internet TV so wanted at least 100mbps speed which ATT didn’t even offer at my address. I was skeptical but have been pleased with connection speed and reliability so far. The equipment originally installed by Mediacom was horrible and after a few months switched to a Netgear 600 modem I purchased and an older Apple Airport which still provides a great WIFI router capability. The poor equipment offered is why I rated four stars. I had no problems with them removing the monthly charge and the customer service center in Gulf Breeze were friendly and helpful. If the current reliability of connection and speed remains I have no plans to switch service.

Good morning Craig,

Thank you very much for your review and for choosing us as your preferred internet service provider. We are glad to hear that you’ve been pleased with the connection speed, that the service has been reliable, and that our customer service representatives have been helpful. We do apologize if you had a disappointing experience while using our equipment since we have other customers that have no problems with it. I will relay the feedback to our teams, so we can make improvements. If you have any questions, concerns, or service issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a good day!

Original review: May 22, 2019

It took 3 trips for your sub-contractor to agree that our house was 'serviceable' even though customer service said it was after the first appointment. Your sub-contractor was not customer service orientated - no creative thinking about how to make this work. You then sent out another person who worked with my husband to get the cable to our home. Service is great. We just need you to bury the line in case of a storm. Thank you.

Good afternoon Keith,

We sincerely apologize about your experience and will relay the feedback to our teams for improvements. We are very glad that we were able to finally get services to your home and that the service quality has been great. I will put in a request for a bury drop so we can get that line buried. If you have any further questions, concerns, or service issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I felt blindsided by yet another HUGE increase in my bill.. This time it was a $100 increase. Sorry that your representatives have to be subjected to our dissatisfaction. It was a week and a half before they could bring a new piece of equipment to "change" my service. The serviceman was OUTSTANDING..prompt, polite, and patient to explain the new remote.. Please become more open about your pricing..

Good morning Gretchen,

We sincerely apologize about your experience. The main goal of a bundle/package is to eventually reach full price rate. It does this by increasing in price after each annual year. Once a bundle/package reaches full price rate, the customer always has the opportunity to repackage, opt-into a contract, or downgrade services. Upon looking at your account, it looks like the bundle/package reached full price rate and all discounts expired. It also looks like an agent repackaged you, so you can get back down to a lower service rate. I will relay the feedback to our teams about the concerns you mentioned. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Original review: May 22, 2019

We have signed up for paperless statements, and wanted an actual copy of our bill. I followed the instructions from the website, but did not have the "4 digit pin" that was needed to achieve this task. Between the computer person then having a live person via the internet, the time was close to 45 minutes to achieve what should have been a very simple request. During the live chat, there were time lapse of 3-4 minutes between the chat time. It was resolved, but I feel too long to time for this simple item to be taken care of.

Good morning Peggy,

We sincerely apologize about the experience and the time it took to acquire a resolve. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide the 4-digit CPNI number over the phone or service chat. Our agents should have offered to manually mail you out a hard copy of your paper statement which has the 4-digit CPNI number on there. I will relay the feedback to our teams about your experience, so we can make avoid scenarios like this. If you have any other questions, concerns, or service issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: May 22, 2019

It seems practically impossible to talk to a real person when there is a problem. I have been having problems receiving incoming calls for over a month and all I get is reboot the modem. I finally have an appointment with a technician to come out late this afternoon. We will see if anyone arrives and if the problem can be corrected. I am very close to cancelling the phone service or lack thereof.

Good morning Donald,

We sincerely apologize about your experience. I will re-check all the coding on the account, the phone registration, and phone settings on our end to make sure everything is proper. The modem might reset for a brief moment. We will get this resolved for you and hope we can retain your longtime valued Mediacom business.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I would just like to say that the service I have received from my local Mediacom service technician has been amazing. Whenever I have had issues with my internet, he has resolved the issue with speed and professionalism. His name is Taylor **, and I can say, with confidence, that he is the only reason I am still a customer. The prices I pay are more than I would prefer, but the outstanding service when things are not working correctly justifies the bill. I wish IPV6 was given to all customers, but I'm sure this will be available in time.

Good morning Joseph,

Thank you very much for your review and valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We are really happy to hear that our local service technician Taylor was amazing, professional, and that he helped our company retain your valued business. We will make sure to put in a compliment for him. We will always make sure to relay your feedback to the proper teams. If you have any other questions, concerns, or service issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: May 22, 2019

Very nice people, but often not able to assist or pinpoint/confirm a specific problem. Our overall experience has been good with a few issues that were difficult to solve, but ultimately were. We are still adjusting from 30 years with ATT in Dallas area, to Mediacom in Gulf Shores (no ATT in area yet), but product is good overall!???

Good morning Rebecca,

Thank you for your review and valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We are happy to hear our representatives have been nice, that they have been ultimately able to resolve your issues, and that you enjoy the services. What problems or concerns do you have that we may be able to address? Please let us know so we can acquire a resolve. We look forward to hearing from you.

Christian

Original review: May 21, 2019

As a whole I would and have referred the service to my friends and co-workers. My first run in with customer service (sales department I believe) was horrible. This happened before I even had my service installed. I work from home so Internet is extremely important and the speeds offered are exactly what I need to work so I couldn’t cancel without having back up service. But after having my service and the my experiences (after my first contact mentioned above) with the customer service center department I am very satisfied!

Good morning Quanisha,

Thank you very much for your review and valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We sincerely apologize about any bad experiences that you’ve had with us before. We are really happy that our customer service representatives were able to turn those experiences around and that you’re very satisfied with our company now. If you have any questions, concerns, or service issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a good day!

Mediacom Cable expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Mediacom specializes in bringing the same high level of digital services that residents of major metropolitan areas enjoy to small towns and cities across the United States. They currently serve over 1,500 communities in 22 states.

• Find your local office: Find out if Mediacom is available in your state and locate your nearest office on Mediacom’s website. If there isn’t yet availability in your area, Mediacom can find your local provider for you.

• Xtream: Mediacom’s Xtream home service combines the fastest available in-home Wi-fi with a TiVo® DVR, which allows you to record up to five shows at a time, watch your shows in any room of the house and on any device and set your DVR remotely.

• No contracts: Sign up for service from Mediacom without signing a contract. You can cancel at anytime without paying high early cancellation fees.

• Speed Boost: Supercharge your Internet by adding 100 or 150 Mbps to your Internet for only $10 or $20 per month.

• Free HD: Mediacom’s extensive HD lineup is available for customers to enjoy at no extra charge. In addition, if you already own an HDTV set, then Mediacom will automatically upgrade your Mediacom receiver to an HD receiver.

• Best for: Mediacom is best for families and individuals who live in rural areas where Mediacom offers service.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs