3.8/5 (802 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Mediacom Cable

Mediacom Communications offers best​-​in​-​class technology across rural America.​ ​With the fastest in-home WiFi, TiVo® DVR, 1 Gig Speed and so much more - customers are guaranteed to have a superior in-home entertainment experience. One of the fastest internet speed providers across their footprint; Netflix® has ranked Mediacom one of the top internet providers in April 2016. As the world becomes more technologically advanced so does Mediacom, investing millions into a nationwide fiber optic infrastructure so small town America will get to enjoy the most advanced Digital TV, High Speed Internet, and Digital Phone service for years to come. Hop on the super speedway and visit ​Mediacomcable.com​ to get the best in TV & Internet service today!

Mediacom Cable Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

Original review: March 23, 2022

I have a telephone, internet, and television service with Mediacom. For two years, the quality of the service was a real pain. There was always static and the service was always going down. They told me the problem that I was having was not with their service. It was with Pearl River. They had some transformers that needed replacing. It was not a smooth transition, it was intermittent. I needed something smooth to carry the internet, and that wasn't working well.

When they started going through the transition from one service to another, it would always break down and I'd have a problem. I called and asked about it. They'd tell me I have this contract. But I never really had any contracts. But I went on because I didn't have any other options. Then they started doing some things with Xtream. Once all of our services started speaking the same language, things started to work a little better.

I called and I had some complaints about some of the services, they said I'd have to talk to corporate. I said, “Here's the old corporate line.” They asked for my number and said they'd have corporate call me. I said to give me a timeframe. They said within 48 hours. In about seven hours, corporate actually called. I was shocked. I didn't even know what to say then. They had gone through the history of the system and they were telling me, “We see this. We can do this. What do you think?” I said, “Yes, thank you very much.” I was never really displeased with anything in the interactions.

A couple of their representatives lack a few communication skills though. The best person that I had to deal with was an individual that I thought would be hard to deal with. But she was very professional. Everything she did, she explained. She said she had to do something with one of the lines. Her ladder was hanging on her truck, so she couldn't get it. But she said she got to call somebody to help her get the ladder off the truck. I said I could help her. She said, “My insurance won't cover you." Somebody came and she took care of things.

They were easy with a lot of things. At one time, they called and I was a little upset. I told them, if they didn't fix my service, I’m gonna have to move their pole out of my yard. They set up an appointment, but they wouldn't show up. When I called back, they said I cancelled it. I said no, I didn't cancel it. Obviously, the rep canceled it. But when I set up a new appointment, they explained to me what had happened.

Good afternoon Wilmet,

Thank you so much for your review as well as taking our calls. I do apologize for the issues you experience but you did confirm with me today that things are going well. If you do have any questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Jessica

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I have slow internet connection. And there are certain channels that we get and others that we don't. It's the way our apartment is, but our internet is slow. Mediacom should offer a little incentive to make us feel appreciated for being with them. One month free for being the loyal customer, or half on our bill, or any little thing. Because this day, any little thing helps. Me and my husband is just us. So, he didn't want to get the cable. He really just wanted to get the internet and had to order stuff to go on to TV because I have smart TVs in the house. But I wanted the cable because there are certain shows that I like and certain channels that I can't get, like the FXX channel and I don't know why.

Because we get a bunch of channels, I just couldn't pick particular ones off I hated. But we got 4,000 megabytes. We had dropped it down to 1,000, and we wanted to get all of the channels that I wanted to get. And for us to have them many channels, I should have access more to the channels than I have. Also, Mediacom didn’t keep my price at the same price. It keeps sliding up and up. They keep using this Coronavirus to raise everything. You get one step ahead, they put you two steps back. My bill was 181, now, it will jump up to 195. How far else are they gonna go? We thought we had a set price.

My TVBD went up six months ago and my channels, whatever is paid off for a week or two. I asked them to reimburse me and nothing like that. We still pay for it and they got it straight. So, I just let that roll because I can't get it back now. I'll stick with them until they get too high. If they do, then I'll start looking at my own well channels. Other than that, we have been getting good service with them.

Good morning Arcidus,

Thank you for taking my call this morning and for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm quite happy that I was able to help reduce your monthly rates during our phone call. I'm also happy to hear that all of your concerns were also taken cared of. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Heath

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Back in May, I ordered the 360 Wi-Fi booster from Mediacom and the technician came out. He wired everything up and everything looked good and worked out. But when I brought up some of my auxiliary equipment, nothing worked. When I called Mediacom and explained what was going on, they said it's an enclosed system and it's not going to power other auxiliary items that I have on the network. But I have to have the network up and running. So, after we figured out what was going on and the Mediacom technicians on the phone agreed with it, the technician made a service call, came out, disconnected the system, and got everything back up the way it should be. He packed up the equipment and took it away. I asked him to turn it in and get it off my account, and he said it was no problem.

Then, last month, I looked at my bill and it jumped to $20. I saw there was a charge for the 360 for $10. So, I pulled the rest of the bills going back through May and sure enough, the tech never returned the equipment in and never reported what happened. I was being billed $10 a month off until that point in time between May and December. So, I talked to the girl and she said she'd have to turn it in for a review into a committee and the committee would decide whether or not I'd get the credit. I got the bill the day before yesterday for this month and I saw that there was a $9.02 reduction. That was fine but I was looking for a credit for May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December. I haven't called in though. I'll give them another month to clear the system and see if they give me the credit.

Other than that, we're locked in with Mediacom because they're the only one that comes up to our section of the world as we're out in the boondocks. But I noticed that for the last three days, the media truck was out there working on the pole then I found that in the morning, when I came down to start the day, nothing was working. So, I had to reboot the router and I had to reboot the modem. Then everything had come up and worked all right. But the next day, the system had fallen out again. If it continues, I'll go ahead and get a service called. It's probably the modem again.

My neighbor across the street and I are the only two people on the street for 800 meters on either side who are subscribed to Mediacom and it was funny that he was on my utility pole, but he was servicing the house across the street. I haven't talked to my neighbor yet to see what her problem was but it's nothing serious and the world goes on. All in all, Mediacom is doing a good job.

Good afternoon William,

Thank you for taking my call today and for taking the time to write and post your review. I'm glad that I was able to get everything corrected for you with your bill. As always, if you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Heath

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I don't know how in the world I'm paying $82 a month. That's expensive. It may be because I'm paying late charges. And here's an issue that I've been running with the entire time since I got hooked up. The first month bill was late as far as coming to me because I get paper, not internet. And I was coming into the second month that it was due. So, I've been behind this entire time since I've been a customer. I'm on a fixed income. So, unfortunately, I never get an extra 80 bucks to pump into that so that I can get it caught up. When they send me the disconnection notice, they don't distinguish. They say what the notice says, that "You risk interruption of service 24 days from the date of this notice."

So, I assume that it just means shut it off. I didn't realize that they supposedly distinguish between a hard shut-off and a soft shut-off and that was the excuse that the customer service rep gave me about why my service was interrupted, because it was a soft shut-off. I said, "Well, even so, it does not distinguish between which kind of shut off I'm getting on that notice." And without an actual date, except for 24 days from the date of this notice, which is September 29th, the last I knew. So, that's when I thought that my service would be interrupted.

So, I called there and I was so angry about the way that I was talked to. I have sat here and stewed on it for days because I'm going to go ahead and pay the bill, but I thought about taking my business elsewhere simply because I feel so unimportant to Mediacom. This very same thing happened to me last month and my service was interrupted. It happened 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning and I talked to a technician and they explained to me that the service had been interrupted, but she went ahead and turned it back on because of that notice issue and the date, then I went ahead and paid it, just like I said I would.

The very same thing happened to me again this month. And they take the hard nose with me about when the payment is getting made. So, it interrupts my service for a week until I get paid on the 29th. I'm sitting here paying 80-some dollars a month for internet that I struggled to afford as is, then I get my service interrupted for seven days out of the month anyway. So, I was a bit distraught about that. I was gonna start trying to pay an extra 20 a month on it so that I could possibly get it caught up. Other than that, the quality of the internet is always good and that's the reason I have always stayed with Mediacom.

Good evening Ty,

Thank you for taking my call today. I appreciate that you took the time to go over all of your concerns with me and I'm glad that we were able to place you on a new plan. If you do have any further questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Heath

Original review: June 19, 2021

We have a problem with Mediacom sending all kinds of business crap to this address. My husband is a volunteer for fish and wildlife up in Savannah area. And because he had stuff delivered here to work on it, to take it up to the nature centers that are up there and do stuff with them, they think he's a business. I have tried multiple times to get Mediacom to understand this is a private residence. But they won’t stop. They say they couldn't delete us off their list, and it's ridiculous.

I'm pissed that we can't get channel eight on cable TV. Also, we have four that are the PBS Iowa stations based on Iowa PBS. And we have a local PBS channel that has two channels attached to it. When I'm watching the local PBS show, all of a sudden, it flips to the main PBS channel out of Iowa. And it's really annoying. You're sitting, watching a program, you get to watch half of it. And boom, it switches and there's no way to get back to the channel that I was watching because it blocks it.

I’ve had Mediacom from the beginning of the company that Mediacom eventually became. We've been in this house for 32 years now, and we've had Mediacom the whole time. When they introduced the internet service, we got it when they first had it. But that's the thing that has always happened. I'm curious about what actually is happening. When I initially tried calling customer service, I would get, “Try this, try that.” But nothing worked. Maybe they didn't know what was causing it, or it's just a glitch with the line that comes in here. Who knows?

My husband is computer literate and understands electronics well. So we got our own modem instead of renting one from Mediacom. We were seriously considering getting the landline service but stopped dead cold in our tracks to do it. Because the type of modem that Mediacom requires for the phone would screw up the modem that we need here in the house. It would not be powerful enough for what we need here and what we already have through the internet service. So they need to work on getting a better deal for hooking up the phone service, because we would have probably done it. But we will never do it because of the modem situation that they require for the phone.

Good evening Susan,

Thank you so much for your review as well as taking my calls. I did put in a stop for the mailers that you were receiving, and you confirmed today that you haven't received anymore. If you do have any questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Jessica

Original review: May 14, 2022

I'm having problems with my TV. The guide keeps getting screwed up and then it gets stuck and I can't get anything. The only way I can get to a channel is if I manually use the remote. And when they set up the box, they didn't put my Starz. They just put in the regular HD and the regular channels. When I try to go to the Starz and 400 numbers, it says no information. I've reached out to them and they reset my box, saying it would work alright for a while but I can't get to the 400 numbers. Other than that, the quality of the internet is good and I'm satisfied as long as everything's working.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I wasn't able to log in to your website for my account even with trying the billing site password and also the password for my main MediaCom e-mail address. This was taken care of and it was nice. She was so helpful

Good evening Kirby,

Thank you so much for your review. We apologize for the confusion with the online site but glad we were able to get it resolved. If you have any questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Jessica

Original review: May 11, 2022

Trying to lower the cost of cable. Got rid of one small package and the box for the 2nd TV. We’re still over $180 a month. Would like to be able to give you a list of what channels we want and make it a customized package so we will see and pay for our wants. Many have urged us to go with other choices that stream the shows we enjoy. Would rather stick with Mediacom but may need to change due to cost.

Good morning Marlene,

Thank you so much for your review as well as taking my call today. We were able to find you a new promotion to get the bill lowered down and went over how we unfortunately can't pick and choose channels. If you do have any questions or concerns, please call Mediacom customer service or text Molli at 66554. We appreciate your business.

Original review: May 6, 2022

Internet speed to slow! Internet and TV and phone seems to off several times weekly! TV reception is spotty at most times. We pay a lot of money for this. Should Be Better! Should be a refund for lack of outages!

Original review: May 6, 2022

The reps are all polite and friendly. I’ve had a good experience with them. But the prices are too high so I’ve changed my service with Mediacom to internet only. It costs me $97 a month just for that and the service is not as great as it should be. I get a lot of hit and misses. My internet goes out and then, it comes back on. They’ve rebooted at the office and it comes back on.

Mediacom Cable author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Mediacom specializes in bringing the same high level of digital services that residents of major metropolitan areas enjoy to small towns and cities across the United States. They currently serve over 1,500 communities in 22 states.

• Find your local office: Find out if Mediacom is available in your state and locate your nearest office on Mediacom’s website. If there isn’t yet availability in your area, Mediacom can find your local provider for you.

• Xtream: Mediacom’s Xtream home service combines the fastest available in-home Wi-fi with a TiVo® DVR, which allows you to record up to five shows at a time, watch your shows in any room of the house and on any device and set your DVR remotely.

• No contracts: Sign up for service from Mediacom without signing a contract. You can cancel at anytime without paying high early cancellation fees.

• Speed Boost: Supercharge your Internet by adding 100 or 150 Mbps to your Internet for only $10 or $20 per month.

• Free HD: Mediacom’s extensive HD lineup is available for customers to enjoy at no extra charge. In addition, if you already own an HDTV set, then Mediacom will automatically upgrade your Mediacom receiver to an HD receiver.

Mediacom Cable Company Information