toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My daughter has Mediacom and every time she's had problems they've been right out there to fix it. The sales team was very good but the rep must have been new because she didn't quite explain everything, which was, nevertheless, fine. When they installed it, the service and everybody that I talked to there were very nice. Then I got like a pamphlet about faster internet service and it was only $79 a month for the first year. I wanted to change to that but I didn't want to pay the installation fee and so I left it the same.

The person we who helped us over the phone was very kind and helpful. We aren't into technology, so he explained and was very patient with us. Also, like the fact that we were talking to a real person and not a recording. Thank you very much.

Lance,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Mediacom. I sincerely apologize if our service did not meet your expectations and appreciate you taking time to share your concerns. I will personally research your concerns regarding your account and contact you with a resolution.

Original review: March 16, 2017

We feel the approximately 150$ a month we pay for basic tv and high speed internet is too steep for a vacation home that we only get to occasionally, and we are actively looking for alternatives to Mediacom. The service itself is fine though.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: March 19, 2017

I files a case with the BBB and after talking yet again to a manager at Mediacom looks like we have the issue resolved. I have an email saying the mark will be removed from my credit record. Now I wait and see if they do it.

Original review: March 13, 2017

We cancelled our account last year due to available service. Otherwise we were happy with Mediacom at that time. A technician came by, inventoried the equipment and gave me a receipt. I started getting collection notices about a month later. I called in and sent them a copy of the receipt and they said they would take care of it. About a month or a little more later I got a notice that a bad marker had been placed on my credit account by the collections department they use in Dallas. I called there but it is completely automated and I could not talk to a person. I called Mediacom again and they said the numbers on my receipt did not match the numbers they had on file so it was never cleared. I explained my account, said I had a TIVO, a modem and three minis and my receipt said I had returned a TIVO, a modem and three minis so odds were they had the numbers mixed up. They said they would look into it.

I called about 8 times over the course of three months and got everything from "The numbers don't match and you still owe us" to "Yeah this happens a lot and we will take care of it and remove the marker on your credit". I noticed later that the account had been written off on my credit instead of removed so I called in again. They said that since the numbers didn't match, even though I had a receipt showing I returned the same numbers and kind of equipment, they were not going to remove it from my credit. I have been told twice that a manager would call me back and he never has. No one there seems to use any common sense and see that I likely did not have extra Mediacom equipment with different numbers laying around and returned that just to keep the other. Ridiculous. They can't seem to think.

So now I have a bad marker on my credit and we're trying to buy a house. I did everything I was supposed to and have the receipt to prove it and they don't seem to care beyond "The number don't match. Sorry you are screwed." Last time I deal with them and I plan to spread the work as far as I can. Incompetent, incapable of common thought and couldn't care less who they hurt.

Nick,

Our commitment is to provide consistent reliable service and an exceptional customer experience each time you interact with us. Based on your current feedback, we did not meet this goal. I will personally research your concerns regarding your account and contact you with a resolution.

Original review: March 13, 2017

Be careful when you agree to a package. When they install it you will find that it did not have what you asked for them to have on it. I signed up for internet and cable. Told them I needed WIFI and the fastest internet they had. When they installed it, they didn't give me WIFI. It is going to cost me $3.95/month more. Then when they installed the cable TV, they didn't give me the channels that I requested. All I got was the basic channels. When I called them they said it was going to cost me $50 more per month!!! I then called and canceled my cable and went to just internet and AGAIN told them that I had to have WIFI and after they changed it, I don't have WIFI. They are charging me an extra $3.95 per month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

Peggy,

Original review: March 12, 2017

I would rate the overall service we've had over the many years we've been Mediacom customers as poor. Numerous times when we've had service issues, signal issues, etc. we either get a tech that is complacent or seemingly unknowledgeable about the problem, or they can't find the problem. The cable box outside is uncovered most of the time and after repeated notifications by me remains the same. The cable in the ground coming to the house is uncovered in many spots due to erosion and I believe not burying it deep enough to begin with. The services provided seem to continually become less yet the price either stays the same or increases. Why then, you may ask, do we remain customers of Mediacom? Good question. I hope to remedy that very soon. The problem is that all the local cable companies are not much better. It's quite a racket you people have going. So I am continuing to search for better options. Hope to find one soon.

Jerry,

Original review: March 12, 2017

I was told when Mediacom installed cable/etc, that the cable outside would be buried within 2-3 weeks. The initial install was done on Jan 5. When is the cable going to be buried? I had other issues along the way which I have call customer support. There were other smaller issues (activating all lines in my home) which were never completed.

Christie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Mediacom. I sincerely apologize if our service did not meet your expectations and appreciate you taking time to share your concerns. I will personally research your concerns regarding your account and billing, and contact you with a resolution.

Original review: March 11, 2017

Not happy with horrendous prices and channel selection. I call frequently to get my bill down. If I can't keep my bill down, I will be cancelling in the near future and going with antenna tv, as are a lot of my friends.

Mediacom has proven to me that they are a great company. I have been with them since 2013. I had Directv for 6 years and recently moved to Mediacom Cable TV. Since AT&T has bought out Directv, their prices are going up, the policies are tightening, they no longer price match or give discounts to long term customers. AT&T is really only concerned about the bottom line. Mediacom, on the other hand, provides great Internet and TV Service. I get the same channels with Mediacom that I had with Directv, but pay half as much. I had four devices with Directv, and I now have four devices with Mediacom. The crazy thing is that I literally pay the same rate (within a few cents) to Mediacom that I paid with Directv. However, my Mediacom bill covers TV and Internet!!! I have the fastest Internet I can get where I live; 200Mbps down and 20 Mbps up. All-in-all, I could not be happier with Mediacom.

Arrived when he said he would. Was friendly and pleasant. Fixed the problem in a short period of time. This in contrast to former (past experience some time ago) where show up time never happened, repairman, while not grouchy, just not as pleasant as this one.

I just moved into my own apartment in Washington and the apartment complex that I live in prefers Mediacom because we cannot drill holes outside the building. I set up a time for someone to come out and hook me up and the installers worked good. I got cable, with over 832 channels, internet and home phone. Before I had the services, I was going down to my neighbor’s apartment to watch TV and running my computer off her internet downstairs.

I watch TV at night before I go to bed, use my house phone 24/7, and usually am on the internet all night. Mediacom's connection is good and doesn't break up when I’m on Facebook or when I’m talking to somebody on video chat. But when I was using my neighbor’s internet and I was video chatting, the internet would drop.

I am very happy with the service. I have a big problem with the dvr. I had DIRECTV for years but their price and dependability fell off so I switched to Mediacom. The DIRECTV dvr was simple to use. The Mediacom is not so much. My biggest complaints are when you fast forward and start play again it doesn't back up a few seconds like DIRECTV does. You miss some of the program. When you go to record from the guide you have to push several buttons to get it done. DIRECTV was just push the record button once to record and twice for the series. Simple!

Programming is the same way. Way more procedures than need to be. When they add channels they automatically add them to the channel list. Then you have to go in and remove them. They are always some obscure channels that no one watches. I would think these could be corrected with software updates. If Mediacom had DIRECTV's dvr and their own customer service they would be perfect. Mediacom customer service is great.

I signed up directly with Mediacom and it was good. The process was smooth and easy. I had cable, phone and Wi-Fi installed and the kid who did it was good. I had it renewed and I was happy with it so I stuck to it. It all worked great.

Linda,

Original review: March 10, 2017

The communications among installation and customer service are deplorable. I arranged for service to be moved to a newly purchased home. I was told during the buying process before I made an offer on the home by Mediacom and the builder that Mediacom would be available at the new home. The customer service person made the arrangements for an installer to come to the new home and again assured me that Mediacom was available. When the installer arrived, he could find no Mediacom box or any type of service for Mediacom. The installer and I spent three hours on the phone trying to resolve the issue to no resolution.

When I called Mediacom the next Monday, I was assured by that customer service representative that the problem had been resolved and another installer was being dispatched to set up Mediacom service. When that installer arrived, he too could find no way to install Mediacom. He and I spent another three hours on the phone where we were subjected to rudeness and a response that basically said nothing could be done and no one knew how to fix it.

The next day I contacted another customer service representative who reiterated that nothing could be done. When I demanded my money back (I had paid in advance), I was referred to a customer service manager who offered no solutions. In further research, it appears that Mediacom does not provide service to the home that I have purchased. I am now stuck with a two year contract with DirecTV and CenturyLink - neither of which provides the service I want. To add insult to injury, Mediacom promptly turned off my service on January 27 at 5:00 a.m. but yet charged me for the days I did not have any service whatsoever from Mediacom because no installer could figure out how to install service. I was subjected to rudeness and a complete lack of knowledge by customer service representatives. They should have known there was no service available on my first inquiry before I even purchased the new home.

Jon,

Our commitment is to provide consistent reliable service and an exceptional customer experience each time you interact with us. Based on your current feedback, we did not meet this goal. I will personally research your concerns regarding your account and services, and contact you with a resolution.

Original review: March 10, 2017

My tv package subscription has been nothing short of horrible. I was given wrong rates, promises of free premium packages to make up for errors, sent proof of the switch and save promotional pricing that I should have qualified for and never received the credit even after discussing with multiple operators. Constantly was told I don't qualify and that there's nothing I can do about it.

I have tried numerous times to get Mediacom to change my address from Apt. B to Apt. C without success. The City of Mexico Beach reversed the order of the four units several years ago. Every time I have a service call, the service person at first refuses to come in because my account has "B" and my unit has "C" above the door. Also, long waits for service.

Sally,

Original review: March 9, 2017

A rep called to sell me a plan and gave me an amount of 107.68. Then called back and said "Good news. You will also get a discount of $15 for one year" because I was switching from DirecTV to Mediacom. So monthly bill would have been 92.68 for 1 year then go up $10 each year. I received the bill and was considerably higher. I called customer service and was told the bill would be $140 per month. I explained I was told the above amount. She said "I am sorry you were misinformed" but nothing they could do. She also stated this happens a lot. I have filed a complaint against Mediacom and will also file a complaint with the BBB. But not ending there because firstly this is deceptive practices and secondly Mediacom and I were under a verbal contract when I accepted the terms during the initial phone call. Thankfully I have the phone records from the initial call.

I've signed up with Mediacom for cable service in the first year they came out. Everything went fine with their sales team. The TV is on from 6 o'clock in the morning until 8 o'clock at night. I never had a problem all these years except when we were without it for well over 24 hours and I've got a mentally handicapped granddaughter living with us who went nuts. But it was storming that time and the line was taken down. I have a great experience with Mediacom and I have no desire to go with one of those satellite dishes.

Mediacom was the least expensive cable provider and there was a dish at the apartment place that was already hooked up and all we had to do was connect it. Signing up was real easy. They gave us prompt service after we called and hooked up the cable in just a couple of days. I ordered the service for my brother who was at that residence and the channels that he had were good for him. But he died so I called to have it disconnected. I was helped right away and got real nice service.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Larry,

Original review: March 8, 2017

A rep changed my service and I thought I was told I could remove Starz at the time but if I wanted to I could reinstate it if I called back after review. When I called back they said I couldn't reinstate it until after 3 months. Then I called again and was told I could reinstate it but for 1 year at 6.95 and then at current rate. Not at my previous rate of 4.95 which wasn't what I understood. They should have been more accurate at the time of change and I wouldn't have removed it.

Well I like to buy local first off. Second I like the deal they hounded me about for Whole home 99 bucks a month. My bill however has gone up after 2 years or more with Mediacom. I have had to replace 2 TiVo boxes and even the 3rd one don't work right. But I am tired of tweeting and calling about it. I do not think it is fair for a new customer to come along NH and get a better deal than me though. I have been a loyal customer for a long time with only a few outages which they compensated me for.

However my contract has been up for a few weeks now and I am pondering decreasing my plan to a more manageable one. I am on a fixed income and since I can not pay as much as I do now I am considering other options. I have a free home phone line through Mediacom as well as really fast internet. So we'll see what happens. I would recommend Mediacom over other choices that are out there but next time I believe I will choose what I want instead of going for the cheap price for two years then have it go up. I think I will be negotiating with them to lose my bill. Go local. Go Mediacom.

I called to complain about slow internet service because Mediacom said they were increasing the speed and I was having trouble. A very nice gentleman at Mediacom reviewed the setup from his office in Florida and determined that my modem was old and then said to replace it (free). He did and things now work better. Very pleased with his action and result.

David,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Mediacom. I sincerely apologize if our service did not meet your expectations and appreciate you taking time to share your concerns. I will personally research your concerns regarding your account and services, and contact you with a resolution.

Original review: March 8, 2017

Cable is not running as advertised. Paid for upgrade to higher level and still no change. Technician came out and said that it's not my equipment or connection. I would like to be compensated for my inadequate internet connection. Considering whether or not to keep service.

Liked the phone support we received on a recent maintenance issue. Especially liked the on-site technician that came and helped resolve the maintenance issue and answering our questions. The technician's name is Tyler **. Thanks Tyler. What I wasn't impressed with was the original issue that caused us to call was explained as a maintenance update that caused us to not receive certain channels for 24 hours... It started at prime time watching and continued. No other outage report in the area. All I could do was to log a request for a technician and wait.

The scheduled time was a few days later. I let the person know that I was not happy about that turn around time. The original issue cleared itself at about 24 hours later. We received a call to confirm if the issue was resolved. It was. However, went ahead and had the technician to come and make sure we didn't have any contributing issues at our end. In summary... not happy with the turn around time for resolving issues, but happy with the support and professionalism.

Due to the upgrade that you are doing to gigabit speeds, I was notified via a browser window to call Customer support. When I called I was told that I was running an older modem and that I needed to switch out the modem, otherwise once you make the switch I would not have internet at my home. Since I live close to the repair office I drove and swapped out my modem. I did have a few issues once I returned with getting everything re-setup, but a quick call to support and I was back in business. I then did a speed test and the test came back with roughly 80 meg download and 6 meg upload. I have talked to a few other friends to find out if they have upgraded their modems yet.

Good afternoon,

Original review: March 8, 2017

Recently made a call for my business account. Explained the trouble I was experiencing at the time and that it has been an on-going problem. Tech showed up the next day, promptly and I explained to him the problem and pointed out a small bare or tattered part of a line coming into my office. He fixed the line and we had good connection and signal... However as I explained to both the rep on the phone and the tech at my business a previous tech had pointed out the fact that because of running 4 TV's, phone and high speed internet the line coming to the house/office was not the proper size.

My House/Office is located within 100 yards of the busiest freight rail line in the state and if you are trying to connect while there is train traffic then it becomes a problem. Even after the first tech explained on the phone to (I'm guessing) his supervisor the need for a new main line nothing was done. We still have problems and it has at times been very inconvenient.

Jacob,

Original review: March 8, 2017

We haven't even been customers for an entire month yet and have already experienced two internet outages. The first one lasted more than 24 hours while the second one was much shorter, thankfully. The speed (150mbps) and the pricing ($75) are good. It's just that neither of those matter if you can't even use the internet.

Somebody from Mediacom tried to show me some stuff once. I told him that I’m legally blind and can’t have the internet. But I got Mediacom for cable. I pay a little additional to my rent and they take care of the bill. It's been a pretty good experience, and I would recommend Mediacom.

Insufficient response received

Brian,

Original review: March 8, 2017

I couldn't tell you about the service. I couldn't get delivery set up. Scheduled for a Saturday because I work, they tried to say it was scheduled for Friday. Rescheduled for Saturday and called to confirm, they lost the appointment. Tried to schedule it for the following Saturday, they said they had no availability for 21 days. Hmpf, resigned with our dish provider. Oh and I have Mediacom for my internet provider. I've had to set up my online account three different times. I went in there today, and I'm locked out again.

Cody,

Original review: March 8, 2017

Mediacom's prices are too high considering what content they have to offer. There aren't a lot of channels to choose from. The customer service is good, there just needs to be more content and lower prices. The quality of the internet is also good.

Mediacom Cable Company Profile