Call toll free
4.15/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Mediacom Communications offers best​-​in​-​class technology across rural America.​ ​With the fastest in-home WiFi, TiVo® DVR, 1 Gig Speed and so much more - customers are guaranteed to have a superior in-home entertainment experience. One of the fastest internet speed providers across their footprint; Netflix® has ranked Mediacom one of the top internet providers in April 2016. As the world becomes more technologically advanced so does Mediacom, investing millions into a nationwide fiber optic infrastructure so small town America will get to enjoy the most advanced Digital TV, High Speed Internet, and Digital Phone service for years to come. Hop on the super speedway and visit ​Mediacomcable.com​ to get the best in TV & Internet service today!

2987 Mediacom Cable Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Every time I talk to Mediacom's customer service team, they do really good. I got their cable and internet services, and the quality is very good. I had their tech out twice, and the second time is they master route my internet, but they did really good. We never had any problems with them.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I was looking at a couple of ads that came in the mail, and Mediacom seemed to have the best deals going on at the time that I needed. I went ahead and called Mediacom and they were more than willing to come out at a certain time. I work overnight and the technician was able to come to my house at whatever little timeframe that I had, so that kind of made me pretty happy. They were kind and helpful, and wanting to know exactly what I wanted in a package. They were willing to work with me and find the best deal for me.

I've got the silver package with the internet, cable and phone package. I get a clear picture with my cable. It hasn't gone out at all, so I'm very happy with it. The installation was quick. The technician that disconnected the previous cable just cut the line. So when my new technician came in to install everything, he just pulled up and repaired the line outside, and then came and knocked on the door. It took maybe 30 minutes for him to get everything set up, and he was out the door. Everything's great.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Mediacom is the only one that's allowed to provide the service in the apartment building that I have. The service quality is okay except I'm a night person and in the middle of the night when I'm watching TV, it goes off so they can do their maintenance. Also, my bill just went up another $15, and I'm not gonna pay it. I'm a little upset over the cost factors. I live in an apartment complex, we're all senior citizens and low income budget and things just keep raising.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I called last week and the week prior. I was advised that a supervisor would call in 48 hours. It did not happen. My concern starts with a $22.43 upcharge on December 23 billing. When I inquired about services, I was quoted $126.48/month for 2 Tivos & 4 tvs plus $6 for 5th tv plus $10.50 for 3rd Tivo. I was told that after 1 year the listed price would go into effect and I would need to renegotiate. I am paying the upcharge under protest. I expect the courtesy of a personal response.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My telephone goes off and on because it’s connected in the television and a technician was supposed to come and look at it but nobody ever showed up. I stayed home all day long too. All in all, some days are good and some days are not bad with Mediacom. I’m satisfied most of the time because they come when they’re supposed to but when they don’t, it’s discouraging.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I was up in Iowa doing a job and one of the guys I was working with got service through Mediacom. He said he liked the price of the bill or it was cheap enough and the service seemed decent, so I went with them too and I was happy with it. There were three of us in the house and we were all using internet off our phones and streaming movies through Netflix. We had one issue with the router, but that was a simple fix. I told them what my problem was, they walked me through what I needed to do and everything went smooth and easy. They, over the phone, satellite or somehow, updated the router and then we never had any trouble after that. After we got the job in Iowa done, I moved back home, so I canceled my service, but I had it for three months and I loved it.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

After about a dozen tech support phone calls made everyday during December, tech support could not fix the problem of my email account constantly locking me out. The process was always the same. Change the password, log in, and everything was fine. Two hours later, could not log on. Efforts to clear browsing history, cookies, on all devices (laptop and desktop) did not fix the problem. Trouble ticket to level 2 tech support was opened. They called me twice and left voice mail, to call back if still needed assistance. When calling back I don't get level 2 on the phone. I only get level 1 who says we will have to refer you and they will call within the next 24 hours.

I have given up. In my opinion there is something wrong with Mediacombb.net servers. I dropped mediacombb.net two years ago for this problem and also because my emails weren't being delivered, telling me falsely that my IP address was on a blacklist. I followed up and learned that it wasn't my IP address that was on a blacklist. It was Mediacombb.net ISP that was blacklisted. This was the final straw for me.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I had service for almost 1 yr every time I had to have someone come out to install or fix the wait time was at least 7 to 10 days. Nobody seems to know what the other team member is doing. I thought price was too high. I am disabled and when your only phone depends on your internet service it better work. Hope to never be a customer again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I called Mediacom customer support as I was trying to help a friend retrieve her Mediacom e-mail, which had suddenly stopped showing up in her Apple Mailbox. It was a very frustrating 30 minutes as your support person, Victor, I think freely admitted that "he knew nothing about Apple products" and when I would ask him a question, his most frequent response was "I have no idea". He never offered to pass me off to someone more knowledgeable, and threw the problem back in Apple's lap - something we determined to not be the case.

We finally solved the problem by consulting another friend with comprehensive Apple experience. If I could give Mediacom zero stars for the "help" I would. Complete waste of time talking to your tech support. Similar to when I called them for my poor internet service and they told me I needed to buy a new cable modem and hub (cost me $265) only to have a technician on the ground determine the problem was your service cable to my house.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We had our services turned back on and paid over a hundred dollars to do so and then we were charged that same amount on the same day, this mistake caused our bank account to overdraw and they made several overdraft charges and our rent was not able to be paid within the correct day of the 10th of the month so we have been given a 60$ charge from our Landlord as well...just because of this mischarge by your company. It also took the tech hours to set up and disrupted us from our routine as we work the overnight shifts.

We were able to get this straightened with both your office to refund this charge and the bank will refund the overcharges when you get that 113$ back into the account... However we have not been able to pay our Landlord his complete rent as of the 10th of the month and thereby, even after knowing this all happened as a mistake, he will charge us a 60$ late fee. This is not fair and your company should be responsible for paying him his late fee due to it being your mistake which caused this whole mess in the first place!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I needed TV and I signed up with Mediacom's service. I pay my bill every month and it serves me well. My experience has been good and I'd recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I am upset that my cable bill went up by $23.04 per month. I was told last year that I was not on a contract and that my rate would not increase. I called in and talked to Carl at Mediacom, badge # **. Carl was not amicable (rude and unprofessional) and I felt intimidated when he spoke to me. He did not listen and repeatedly stated that I was under contract and the rate is the rate. He told me my only choice was to: 1. Cancel my Family Cable and only go to Local plus. 2. Cancel my service but would be assessed a cancellation fee. I felt threatened by Carl. I am a 20 year + Mediacom customer. You would think they would want to retain existing customers by treating them good. I guess you don't have to if there is no competition. I can't wait for Mediacom monopoly gets some real competition.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We've been with Mediacom for so long, and I'd recommend them. It's been so long since their technicians installed those little black boxes, and they were efficient in doing it, but they said they really didn't know that much about them yet. I've had some remotes go bad on me. I walked up to the office and I talked to the lady up there, and she's been very helpful. She replaced the remotes with no questions asked. She gave me some instructions one time and I had to call for a technician, and I just got an operator because she didn't help me. But my son-in-law came over and did it for me. The only thing is I wish they have the game show channel. Still, I'm fine with the overall quality of their service. It doesn't get interrupted by the weather. So, that's a big thing instead of having the dish on my house.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Internet connectivity is glitchy. We recently upgraded our service and we also installed a new modem and WiFi router. Even after all of this we continue to have days where our service is intermittent which is extremely frustrating since we work from and stream all video content for tv.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I am a bit dissatisfied because two separate times now, my local Fort Wayne area/Auburn IN channels such as CBS/ABC/FOX/NBC have been unavailable on weekends, and ironically (or purposefully?) they went 'out' before noon on Saturday and stayed down for 3-4 days. Right through the NFL Playoffs and some NCAA Bowl games. Convenient. I work third shift and a tech came which I totally forgot about but he was understanding and quickly explained that this happens sometimes...unplanned and unexplained service interruptions. He was saying what he is told to say...I hold no malice towards him.

If this happens one more time during peak hours, because Mediacom can neither manage its bandwidth or signal strength very well, I am switching to Satellite. The previous owners already tried both so Dish and DirectTV equipment are already on my roof. Just saying! Then I will use SMTA for my ISP. They cost a little more, but have fiber to the HOME...not the Node...and then a coax drop in. Better watch out...competition exists in Hicksville Ohio despite Telecommunication companies efforts to make all areas proprietary.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

We are very satisfied with the Mediacom internet. We tried other internet providers and we were very disappointed. Mediacom internet has been the best and most reliable. It has fastest download speeds and it never crashes. All the Mediacom people have been very nice and supportive. Thank you.

Good afternoon Michele,

Thank you very much for the review and your valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. It is good to hear that you’re satisfied with our service and that is has been reliable. If you have any problems at all just let us know and we are always here to help. Have a wonderful weekend!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have only been a Mediacom customer for 3 months, but so far my service, (Internet only) performance, speed has exceeded my expectations. Also customer support has been amazing, patient and professional. I always get through in a few minutes and get to talk to a live person.

Good afternoon Douglas,

Thank you for your valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. It is great to hear that the internet performance speed has exceeded your expectations and that out customer support has been amazing, patient, and professional. We hope we can keep exceeding your expectations and keep providing you a positive experience. If you have any issues at all please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a wonderful weekend!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

We recently moved and needed service established in a room that had not had internet service. It took two visits but ended up being satisfactory. There was some electrical work that could not be done by Mediacom installers. I have found the service people to be willing to teach me the things I need to prevent unnecessary calls by doing it myself.

Good afternoon Alice,

We are happy to hear that everything got going after a few visits. We always strive for a 1-visit and/or 1-call resolution so we apologize about that. I will make sure to relay the feedback to our teams and if you need any assistance at all please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. You can also visit our answer center page if you need to troubleshoot anything. That website is: http://mediacomcc.custhelp.com/. As always, thanks for your time, review, and valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Honestly, your prices have gone too high. We have internet and basic tv and are looking at competitors to possibly change for a better price that seems fair. It appears you offer new customers a much better deal than existing "loyal" customers. That seems backward to us.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I'm on a 3 month trip, which is no vacation. I called to put to put cable on vacation mode and was told that I had to do it for at least 2 months. My concern is my health and may be able to come back home earlier. I've been with Mediacom since 1989 in one house and 1994 in another. I've not had much trouble and if I did you were always helpful. So it's on vacation mode til end of March, but what do I do if I want to come home early. I'm a senior and tv gives me comfort, as I am alone all the time. It's like having company. Please help.

Good afternoon Patti,

Thank you very much for your long time valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. If you come back home early I will have a Supervisor override it so you will be fine. I hope your health improves and wish you the best. If there are any issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. I will notate the account so if you call in our representatives should know what to do. Have a wonderful weekend!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I was quoted a price of $127/month, when I received my first bill, it was $138/ month. I contacted customer service and was told that marketing department would contact me. NEVER HAPPENED. I was also told I have 30 days to cancel, if not contacted by 10th. I'm going to cancel!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

My husband and I decided to come back to Mediacom after 2 years with Dish Network. I liked Dish, but my husband had a hard time finding anything to watch that he liked. So, to keep the peace, I made arrangements to come back to Mediacom so he would be able to watch television to his liking. I have not been disappointed. I have been able to watch all the stations I had watched on Dish except for the Game Show Network. But I do have a bit of a crab to give you regarding our installation. The main box is in the living room.

My husband and I each have our own bedrooms at opposite ends of our mobile home. Installing my set was fine, but it took three tries of different technicians to get my husband's television so it worked right. I didn't ask for a break on the price during this 3 week problem, but don't think I didn't think about it seriously. I have resigned myself to Mediacom for right now, and appreciate how easy it was to from Dish Network and Century Link to Mediacom. Thank you.

Good afternoon Fern,

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you chose us again as a service provider. We are sorry about the service issues and will make sure to credit your account for the down time. Is everything working properly now? If so that is great, but if not please let us know and we can escalate the issue. I will also send the feedback to our teams about the Game Show Network on hopefully acquiring it in the future. If you have any further questions, concerns, or issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a great weekend!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Many problems. Seem to be fixed but within a day or two always have that or another problem comes up. Have to reboot at least once a week and sometimes more. It is very discouraging to try to watch tv with many outages. Have a disabled husband that spends most days watching tv. I have many things to do besides work on Mediacom. Also, I need wi-fi to do my work when needed.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Not one Mediacom phone representative is on the same page, my Video on demand has never worked even after numerous calls, they say they will open a ticket and never fix it. The billing is always screwed up and we have constant service outages and issues with individual channels going in and out or channels not working that I am subscribed too. I will say this if I had another option I’m tv internet service I would absolutely take it.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I mistakenly paid twice in the same day. Noticed it and called in to have them remove one, but they said they could not do that. A lot of payments allow you to remove one but you don't. Was sad about that but won't have to pay this month. But maybe you would put in a place to remove a payment in case they do something like I did.

Good afternoon Janet,

We sincerely apologize about the experience. If a customer makes a mistake and pays multiple times via check they can either try to cancel the transaction with their financial institution or wait 10-business days before a refund is processed. This allows time for the check to clear the customer’s bank account. Unfortunately, a refund can take approximately 2-3 weeks beyond the 10-business day waiting period to be received. I will relay the feedback to our teams and if you have any other issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Thanks for your time, review, and valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Install cable box - First install guy was rude and unpleasant. Said he wasn't gonna do the job due to spiders, it's 8 degrees outside... The second guy was amazing, super nice and friendly... He didn't get it set up right but the 3rd guy was able to solve the problem.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Called to move cable outlet, quick service. He also programmed the remote for basement TV quickly. Bought TV after cable was installed and could never program it with codes shown moved from FL bundle with TV. Internet and phone is cheaper than what we were paying for cable/internet. Plus did not have caller ID. But we did have Nat Geo wild and history channel so don't know if that is separate package. Wish they had plan to just get channels you watch w/o having to get in a package with networks you never watch but overall satisfied.

Good afternoon Dodd,

We are happy to hear the service call was quick and that the tech helped program a remote for you. Upon looking at the account, you’re subscribed to National Geographic and The History channel. Nat Geo is channel 208 SD/ 849 HD and History is channel 41 SD/ 848 HD. If you’re not getting these channels then we would want to send a tech out to your location to find out what is going on. We look forward to hearing from you, have a wonderful day!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I recently was trying to save money on my monthly bill, so I canceled the unused television part of my plan but kept telephone and cable internet. My bill actually went UP in total... What is the deal with that? If I did not live in a rural area where the ONLY fast internet option was Mediacom, I would be shopping around for a new service provider as I type this. Also, providing a cable internet box that someone MUST use then charging extra for it is at the least a sneaky way to get extra money.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

After establishing service, it has been an absolute nightmare receiving communication from Mediacom. I paid the technician upfront, for one months internet service, and received an email acknowledging my account. Then, I tried to communicate with Mediacom - online - and Could Not. Over and over, I tried to set up an Account and at the same time, although I had not set one up, it appeared one had been, so I requested 'lost password' retrieval, and the website responded by saying an email would follow, which would provide instructions to access my online account. No emails ever arrived in that regard.

Eventually, an email arrived letting me know I should pay my bill - online - and instructions on what to expect were included. I watched the instructional video and was dismayed to learn that not only was my account considered 'past due' and consequently had outstanding fees, But I still could not get onto my online account. Frustrated, I called Mediacom and had matters handled via that phone call. I have to say - it seems rather ridiculous, that the company I retained for internet service does such a terrible job of being reachable via the internet - hence the one star!!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I woke up and found that the internet was not working, and checked and the phone was not working as well. I called and went through a series of automated questions which ended up with an message saying they were aware of my outage and should be back up in a couple of hours. Left home and checked when got back home 3 hrs later and it was back up.

Good afternoon Lance,

We apologize about the outage. When we detect one, our network teams and field teams are engaged. This also prompts our automated system to notify our customers when they call in. Outage durations can vary but we try very hard to get issues resolved as quickly as possible. We are glad that your services are back up and running. If you have any further issues please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Thanks for your time, review, and valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. Have a good weekend!

Mediacom Cable expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Mediacom specializes in bringing the same high level of digital services that residents of major metropolitan areas enjoy to small towns and cities across the United States. They currently serve over 1,500 communities in 22 states.

• Find your local office: Find out if Mediacom is available in your state and locate your nearest office on Mediacom’s website. If there isn’t yet availability in your area, Mediacom can find your local provider for you.

• Xtream: Mediacom’s Xtream home service combines the fastest available in-home Wi-fi with a TiVo® DVR, which allows you to record up to five shows at a time, watch your shows in any room of the house and on any device and set your DVR remotely.

• No contracts: Sign up for service from Mediacom without signing a contract. You can cancel at anytime without paying high early cancellation fees.

• Speed Boost: Supercharge your Internet by adding 100 or 150 Mbps to your Internet for only $10 or $20 per month.

• Free HD: Mediacom’s extensive HD lineup is available for customers to enjoy at no extra charge. In addition, if you already own an HDTV set, then Mediacom will automatically upgrade your Mediacom receiver to an HD receiver.

• Best for: Mediacom is best for families and individuals who live in rural areas where Mediacom offers service.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs