ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.78/5
Based on 2,129 ratings submitted in the last year
Visit Website

Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

DISH Network Reviews

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

A QA review of my chat with a CSR led DISH reaching out to me. I am a longtime good customer. My life was turned upside down by an instant stage 4 cancer diagnosis. I am pretty much confined to my home. When I got a COLA raise in January of 2020 of $23.00 the government then took away $150.00 worth of food stamps. The person who contacted me was able to work with me to keep my service (it's ALL I have besides wondering when my cancer re-activates). The personal concern and care are there-it's not just a big stone building. Humans with hearts work for Dish. Thank you Dish. Tears of gratitude and will ALWAYS recommend you.

Original review: May 27, 2019

My mother's television was showing no signal and so she called for tech support. The first person who answered, she didn't get his name, didn't listen to her and kept saying there was nothing he could do to help because it was obviously a problem with her TV. I called back for her and spoke with a lady named Joy and, yes, it did turn out out that the TV was on the wrong setting, but she took the time to listen and helped us figure out what the actual problem was. I don't know if this will get back to her employers but I really appreciate her patience and her taking the time to help with kindness.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have to say after reading so many bad reviews on here I was really hesitant to have Dish installed at my home, but I decided to go ahead and sign up for service and make the switch from cable and I am very glad I did. I have 1 hopper 3 and 2 joey 3.0s installed in my home and they work extremely well with no issues. The technician arrived promptly on time right at the beginning of my appointment and he did an excellent job on the installation. He was highly experienced. Not to mention he did the install on a very cold day, about zero degrees outside with 30 mph winds. I did not want the Dish mounted on my brand new roof and he was able to accommodate my request. He was able to install on a pole in my yard with clear line of sight and strong signal. He was also able to connect to the existing coax ports in my house which was awesome.

Overall the Hopper 3 and Joey receivers are great with excellent picture quality. Since the install, we've had heavy snowstorms and ice storms and very high 40 mph wind gusts in Michigan (here the weather is terrible 90 percent of the time) and have not had any issues with my picture. The service hasn't even blinked one second and my TVs run 24/7 in my home. The technician really made sure I had great signal, and I guess it also helps that I do not have many tall trees in my yard. I was really reluctant to get Dish after reading about the many problems people have the signal, but I've had none and customer service was great as well.

I made the switch from AT&T U-verse and I'm glad I did. The U-verse TV would go out frequently on a weekly basis for me. I could have gone with Comcast or WOW for cable, but I've had them both before in the past and both were bad experiences for me. The only one I've never had until now was DISH and so far it's the best experience I've had so far and they have the best technology in my honest opinion compared to what I've had so far. Honestly before I made the switch, I thought I would be taking a step backwards switching from cable to satellite but that is not the case as service is very reliable. I am just an honest customer. I am not paid for this review. I had many bad experiences with AT&T, Comcast, and WOW. I've had them all and neither were good.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

My husband and I purchased a house in Crystal River, FL. It was sold with 2 Dish Satellites on roof and a HDTV box in house. I did not want to use their services, so I contacted Dish. After being transferred to multiple Customer Service Reps – Who Only Wanted to sell me their Dish Service - I was given places, which recycle their Satellites. Dish Would Not come to our Property and remove their old satellites. We must go on our roof and remove their Dish Garbage – We would Never Use their Services!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I have been having Dish for years because of my parents, but I regret it.

1. They give you one amount and later charge you another.
      2. They put you in long contracts for 2-3 years and prices go up.
      3. Do not do automated payments because they will be taking more than agreed from your account and will charge all kinds of fees.
      4. One time I was making a payment and during the transaction I received a call. So I went back and continue my payment. When I look at my account I noticed that I had 2 payments made to dish 2 minutes apart. I did not click submit payment the first time for it to go through. I called to request a refund and they refused.

5. My money was taken out my account without my permission for a delayed payment. That's not right. I could have paid the fees myself, but they did not had the right to take again refused to returned my money.

I have been very unsatisfied with Dish Latino service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

The Dish Network is ok but customer service sucks. Every time you call them they never can do anything to fix the problem. Having problems with remote dying. All the idiots could say is change the batteries. You ain't suppose to change batteries 2-3 times a month. They say, "If you have more problems call us back." Why so I can get more aggravated by a bunch of foreign speaking people who you can't even speak to?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

These people are thieves. Dont do it! They were unable to install dish at my house 31 days ago. Took my 158 dollar deposit and after waiting 7- 10 business days 3 times I am now told 7 business days again! If anyone else has experienced this issue please IM me. There are 12 of us now and we are moving forward with a class action lawsuit starting 2/10/20.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

The Billing changes with NO NOTIFICATION, customer service are all foreigners, channels are repeated and storms interrupt services. Not worth the money. NONE OF THESE SERVICES ARE WORTH PAYING FOR ANYMORE.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I had, the operative word being “Had” here, an account with Dish Network. The programming didn’t work. After several calls for service, they tried to fix the problem and couldn’t. I Quit! They said you can’t quit! Dish then threatens to charge me for quitting. So they bill me for $480 dollars. I try to reason with them to no avail. I write the BBB, to no avail, I contact the Attorney General of California. No help.

I filed an arbitration clause and their Manager calls to tell me that they are dropping the $440 dollar early termination fee off of my credit report, but then they also slap on a charge for $ 27.14 on my credit report. Then they ask me to sign a non disclosure form, then they will drop the phony charge. I didn’t sign the non-disclosure agreement because I Don’t Like To Be Swindled! These guys are downright crooks, with a legal team to come after you whether your service works or not. They also lied to the BBB about a report I wrote to the FCC. I am still fighting them. I now have to go to small claims court to finish the process. Buyer Beware!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

When I came into the contract Dish carried FSSE and I could watch the Braves play. Last year they dropped Fox Sports and I missed nearly the whole season. Now I can’t get out of contract without paying 350.00 dollars. Thanks for nothing dish.

Not sure about DISH Network?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right satellite or cable TV provider for you.

DISH expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1980, DISH Network now provides paid TV to almost 14 million subscribers. The company, headquartered in Meridian, Colorado, is the second-largest satellite TV provider in the United States.

• Flexible payment: DISH network accepts Bitcoin as a payment method for those who prefer the cyber currency.

• Fantasy and reality: Subscribers can watch a game and look at their fantasy football stats to chart their team's progress, using DISH Network Hopper.

• Watch from anywhere: DISH Network allows access to recorded shows from anywhere, as long as there is an Internet connection.

• No up-charge on HD: DISH Network offers free HD channels, and it does not charge extra for the high-quality imaging.

• Promotional offers available: DISH Network sign-up promotions allow customers to get extra channels with a 24-month contract commitment.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs and households on a budget.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team