Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

DISH Network
3.02/5
Based on 2,199 ratings submitted in the last year

DISH Network Reviews

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

DISH Network Reviews

Original review: May 27, 2019

My mother's television was showing no signal and so she called for tech support. The first person who answered, she didn't get his name, didn't listen to her and kept saying there was nothing he could do to help because it was obviously a problem with her TV. I called back for her and spoke with a lady named Joy and, yes, it did turn out out that the TV was on the wrong setting, but she took the time to listen and helped us figure out what the actual problem was. I don't know if this will get back to her employers but I really appreciate her patience and her taking the time to help with kindness.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have to say after reading so many bad reviews on here I was really hesitant to have Dish installed at my home, but I decided to go ahead and sign up for service and make the switch from cable and I am very glad I did. I have 1 hopper 3 and 2 joey 3.0s installed in my home and they work extremely well with no issues. The technician arrived promptly on time right at the beginning of my appointment and he did an excellent job on the installation. He was highly experienced. Not to mention he did the install on a very cold day, about zero degrees outside with 30 mph winds. I did not want the Dish mounted on my brand new roof and he was able to accommodate my request. He was able to install on a pole in my yard with clear line of sight and strong signal. He was also able to connect to the existing coax ports in my house which was awesome.

Overall the Hopper 3 and Joey receivers are great with excellent picture quality. Since the install, we've had heavy snowstorms and ice storms and very high 40 mph wind gusts in Michigan (here the weather is terrible 90 percent of the time) and have not had any issues with my picture. The service hasn't even blinked one second and my TVs run 24/7 in my home. The technician really made sure I had great signal, and I guess it also helps that I do not have many tall trees in my yard. I was really reluctant to get Dish after reading about the many problems people have the signal, but I've had none and customer service was great as well.

I made the switch from AT&T U-verse and I'm glad I did. The U-verse TV would go out frequently on a weekly basis for me. I could have gone with Comcast or WOW for cable, but I've had them both before in the past and both were bad experiences for me. The only one I've never had until now was DISH and so far it's the best experience I've had so far and they have the best technology in my honest opinion compared to what I've had so far. Honestly before I made the switch, I thought I would be taking a step backwards switching from cable to satellite but that is not the case as service is very reliable. I am just an honest customer. I am not paid for this review. I had many bad experiences with AT&T, Comcast, and WOW. I've had them all and neither were good.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Would love to just have channels I want without having to pay for packages and foreign language channels. It is pretty bad when we have to pay Dish to watch tv and Comcast for internet cause we can't bundle so my cost is well over 200.00 a month and I have to pay for 2 packs to get 1 channel on each. And now we don't get HBO my main channel we watched. If not by April I will change co. I don't want to miss GOT or continue missing John Oliver and Bill Mahr. Very disturbed about having to pay, my other option is go cableless and check out movies in library.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Dish has kept its prices stable and has great follow up on customer questions. They also stand up to the network’s demand for higher costs. The signal is rarely interrupted in my experience and the picture quality is great. I'm not happy with ESPN forcing you to buy their package to watch most of the football bowl games. What happened to competition?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

The only problem I see with this provider is the same as DirecTV. They are always wanting to increase billing rates. I feel like the price is too high already. They go up without providing anything new. I would like to stay with one provider from now on without having to negotiate a lower fee every few months.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Dish network gives you a fixed price for two yrs to join. It is bs. After 6 months your bill goes up $20 for insurance cause they don’t stand behind their own equipment. A tech after 6 months had to repl1ace our hopper. He said they don’t last over a yr usually, so you have no choice but pay the extra $20 a month.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Without notice, DISH canceled HBO last year and FOX this year. We did not find out until we tried to watch shows and football games on those stations. When we tried to get more information, the customer service representatives did not take responsibility for DISH's part in the dispute. A main reason we have cable is to watch football, and DISH has no timeline for when the service will resume. We canceled our service because the contract is null and void. DISH did not uphold their end of the contract.

We asked them to take the satellite dish off our house. They refused and instructed us to hire a contractor to remove the equipment. As we removed the equipment, we noticed multiple unnecessary holes were made in our siding as well as a custom shelf in our home. My husband called to report the damage, and their response was they consider the satellite dish a "lifelong addition to the home." DISH does not uphold their end of the contract and expects customer to pay for their mistakes.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Dish does not care about their customers. I chose Dish Network in order to watch OKC Thunder basketball games in Kansas City MO. The Dish rep found a package that offered the games. I really have no other need for cable. Now the season is here and Dish is in a disagreement with Fox Southwest and will not be airing any of the games. When I called to find some type of reconsolidation they told me I could spend $200 more for NBA access or cancel my subscription and pay $240. Dish did not try to work with me in any way. Dish does not care about their customers.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

After being a Dish customer for years, the way they pay back at good customers is to lie them at the time of renewing new contract. I sign up for other 2 years contract with the "same package" I was currently having but I later realized they took local channels off so how is the "same package" then. When I call them to fix the issue, just got an stupid answer (12 dollars extra,12 dollars extra charge....). That's the way they run business with good customers that always pay on time.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Dish pushed out a software update that screwed up my system. After 50 minutes on the phone they agreed to send someone out three days later between 4:00 and 6:00. I left work early to meet my end. As I sat home I thought it weird I hadn't heard anything so checked online to see that they should be there between 6:15 and 7:00 but from experience I know that means they won't show up at all. I then called and was offered $10 off my bill for the three hours of my life lost. I've never dealt with a company that cared less about their customers. Oh, and did I mention that I didn't have the Big 10 network for a couple of weeks while they pressured them for concessions? Horrible horrible horrible.

DISH expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1980, DISH Network now provides paid TV to almost 14 million subscribers. The company, headquartered in Meridian, Colorado, is the second-largest satellite TV provider in the United States.

• Flexible payment: DISH network accepts Bitcoin as a payment method for those who prefer the cyber currency.

• Fantasy and reality: Subscribers can watch a game and look at their fantasy football stats to chart their team's progress, using DISH Network Hopper.

• Watch from anywhere: DISH Network allows access to recorded shows from anywhere, as long as there is an Internet connection.

• No up-charge on HD: DISH Network offers free HD channels, and it does not charge extra for the high-quality imaging.

• Promotional offers available: DISH Network sign-up promotions allow customers to get extra channels with a 24-month contract commitment.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs and households on a budget.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs