DISH Network

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Dish provides the best satellite TV experience to date. Over the years I have had many other providers and almost 4 years ago I stumbled upon Dish Network. Despite many calls to DirecTV about TV programming, billing issues, equipment malfunctions, and the inability to upgrade my boxes, nothing ever came of it. I always seemed to be left with the same old equipment and terrible programming options based at an incredibly unfair price. I literally only had two DVRs and I could only record two shows at a time on each DVR, the DVR could only be accessed from the DVR it was recorded on, and I had to pay $15 per box.

After stumbling upon Dish I found that with the Hopper, you could record 5 channels at one time and during the local network prime time broadcast each night, the Hopper would record all local channels in HD on one tuner leaving the other 4 open for other programming! This ensured that you would never miss any network tv programming, including sports since the Hopper is a Smart System that can recognize when live prime time runs over, and most other shows you like on the cable channels. This was a dream come true.

I begged and pleaded with DirecTV to not let me leave. I asked them over and over if they would please just upgrade my equipment to the Genie, which will record 5 shows at one time just not all prime time on one tuner, but would work nonetheless. It was to no avail. They would not budge. After ending one of the longest and most inappropriate retention department phone calls I’ve ever had, I was done. I logged on my computer and applied for credit through Dish Network. For less than I was paying for 2 DVRs, I got a full Hopper home TV/DVR with a box in all 3 of my bedrooms and one in the living room. I was so excited.

So Dish comes and begins to install my new Hopper system, while the Dish Network installer was in my home, my phone rang. It was DirecTV! That was ready to cave. They decided my business was worth an upgrade after 5 years. So rather than continuing to get the same junky DVR equipment replacements and losing my recorded TV every few weeks, I was gonna actually get a new whole home DVR. It was too late. The woman on the phone begged me to not let them finish installing the Dish in my home. I have no idea what they was thinking. I talked to them twice a week for over a month and I was serious. I don’t threaten to cancel my service, even if it’s sometimes not perfect, but I was going to this time. I am so glad I did and got Dish. Then about 18 months ago, I called and got the new Hopper 3!

I got 16 tuners, yup you read that right, 16! So for far less than I was paying DirecTV years ago, I have more channels, more ways to record, Prime Time Anytime (By Dish Only and it auto Hops the commercials not on CBS) and also comes with a companion app called Dish Anywhere! So not only can you record 15 shows at one time while one tuner records all 4 of the networks programming, you can also sign into Dish anywhere and basically add another box for free! So I have an iPad and I use it to watch TV in the kitchen, bathroom, and even on road trips in the car. Yes, you heard that right as well! I literally can take my entire DVR and Home satellite service anywhere. I don’t ever miss a local news broadcast away from home and I never miss any of my shows while traveling. It’s literally the greatest invention in the world.

I’ve come to realize that if you have a problem with Dish, you just don’t pay your bill, or you don’t understand the equipment. A lot of it is that Dish offers such advanced equipment and service that people don’t understand it. It’s not a reason for me to give is only 4 stars because I understand it, but I can see why people stuck in the AT&T/DirecTV Stone Age doesn’t understand it! I am highly annoyed with the reviews here. Dish literally has the best and most friendly people working for them I’ve ever met so I don’t know where that rumor came from either. I will say this, some nights not all, the Hopper does shut itself down at your local time of 1:01am! This usually happens like once or twice a month and it’s sending the local tv commercials to your Dish so that while you are watching tv you see your local businesses.

I love this feature because it brings you local and area specific information just as cable does and not generic market commercials like Directv! Also, if you’re watching from your Hopper it will delay itself and if you’re not it will shut down and update on it’s on. If you don’t want the feature on, simple, go to your settings and change it on your box. It’s very easy. I called just for the heck of it one night and ask them to explain this to me. If you interrupt the process by unplugging your Hopper, it will just continue and continue nighty and sometimes back to back to complete the update. If you would go check the Hopper/Main Box before unplugging it, you’ll see that there is no reason to unplug. Since a Joey is not a stand-alone box, you have to turn your TV on that the Hopper is hooked to in case you get an error or black screen. This is not rocket science and it’s a very good company.

I remember back about two years ago, I had really gotten myself into a bind. I was just in the most awful shape of my life. I had to miss work and my kids was sick and I was already so broke. I called and talked to the retention department and told them I would have to cancel my service. I just asked that they please leave the satellite on for that weekend so the kids could watch cartoons and that way they wouldn’t notice the tv wasn’t working because I could just record them a whole bunch of shows and they wouldn’t be the wiser. I was crying and felt so defeated. I couldn’t believe I had let my bills get behind but 3 kids and one income was rough during the recession. Like I said, I’ve had Dish for a pretty good while. I was crying and felt so sad. I had just enough money for groceries that week and I couldn’t pay my bill.

Well I got a woman named Jessica on the phone. She listened to me cry and she was very kind. I just ask that she just give me a few days before disconnecting me. I always pay all my bills as best I can and I feel lousy if I don’t. I am not the type to just quit paying. I’m too poor to have too bad of credit. I have to have half way decent credit or I couldn’t live. I come from a poor family. They don’t have money to loan out. Well Jessica listened to me cry and she began to cry. I had never experienced this before, and hadn’t since to be honest, but she cried with me. She asked me if she could help me. I was confused and didn’t understand. She said it again. She said, “Do you mind if I help you?” Coming from DirecTV, I couldn’t imagine what she could do to help me at this point. I was just in a bind and was gonna get my satellite cut off for a few weeks. I said to her, while holding back my tears, “Please ma’am.”

She then says to me that while she had me on hold she stopped to pray and God told her she had to help me. She proceeds to tell me that I didn’t have a balance after all and I wasn’t gonna get my satellite disconnected. I was behind on my bill and I was on my last extension. I knew I was getting a service interruption. Nope, she somehow took care of it. I’m crying now even writing this. All she said was that she knew God would bless me and I wouldn’t be late again and that I needed to help who I could when I can. So that’s how I have lived my life ever since. I pay my bills on time and make sure that what she did for me is paid forward. It may be $1 to $5 at a time but I do it. That’s the kind of company Dish Network is, that’s why I won’t trust my satellite service but to Dish Network.

I am loyal and I got one of the highest packages. Although I got one of the highest packages, it’s still cheaper than Directv! I hope whoever reads this finds this review and it helps them. I hope that if Jessica from retention reads this she knows that her kindness is something I never have felt before and it means the world to me. No one has ever been that kind to me. I told her that although satellite seems like a luxury, try telling your 3 kid that they can’t wad her Disney or Cartoon Network! So thank you Jessica! Your small gesture saved us.

I got Dish network in February. Since then I have had not one week where my service has gone out or my programming was interrupted. I've spent nights and weekends on the phone accepting their promises to help me. CSRs make promises, and outright lie. They have left me hanging. All I want is service that works. Dish has done nothing but treated me as if my issues are meaningless. I would tell anyone, no matter what they advertise, they likely are lying. It's like living in Trump-land. They think if they say it, it's true. But really, they care little about really satisfying their customers and about the people they claim to service.

I reviewed my monthly credit card statement and found two fraudulent charges for 26 Jul 2017 - one time charges for $100 and for $50 to DISH NETWORK-ONETIME800-333-3474CO. There was also a third fraudulent charge for AUTOPAY/DISH NTWK800-333-3474CO for $187.54. I tried calling Dish Network on the number listed, but the automatic answering service kept asking for an account number, which I did not have as I have never ordered Dish Network and never will given their horrible customer service. I then called my credit card company and reported the fraudulent charges. They had to lock my credit card and will have to send me a new one.

I finally got instructions after about fourth try that I had to answer the machine with a "1" for English and then wait and not press any more buttons despite any automated instructions. Finally I got a person and asked what location this charge was for. They refused, citing security reasons. They were not that worried about security in charging my credit card. They told me I should report it to the local police department. Since this appeared like an installation charge, I asked, but they would not even tell me what town the charge was for. They said it would take a subpoena to obtain that information. Any good lawyers out there that would like to file a class action lawsuit against Dish Network. There seems to be many folks reporting them.

I disconnected my DISH service after 11 YEARS of loyal service because the internet service was so terrible. I bargained with them for one year to improve the internet which in turn they offered to "drop my rate" by $10 a month. When I finally cancelled my service I got a bill for the comped service! The same say I got an email saying I had not returned all the equipment, which I had and was charged $99! But when I called them out on it they miraculously "found" the equipment and dropped the charge.

The very NEXT day I got a call from DISH saying I had a charge $98 for "past due services" and charges for returning the boxes of equipment! $12 per box! When they send me self paid boxes to return THEIR equipment!! I was LOYAL TO DISH FOR 11 YEARS and may have gone back when internet improved but they lost my business forever over bogus charges. Stay away because they are not loyal to their customers, just out for blood. DIRECTV ALL THE WAY FOR US NOW!!

I received an email from GoDish offering some decent promotions. I am moving Sept. 1st, and have been debating on going with a different TV provider. I called to see what they could give me for a price, and then proceeded to setting up an order to have the payment taken out of my bank account and the installation done on Sept. 1st. The rep I spoke to "pushed the wrong button" and had the payment taken out of my bank account right then. He said we could leave it as is and continue with the installation on Sept 1st, or cancel the order and the payment and redo a new order. I chose to cancel the order and payment, and start a new order, as I had payments set up to come out of my bank account in the next few days, so the money I had in the account had to be there.

I was assured by this rep that the order was cancelled and the money would not be taken out of my account. He then set up a new order, telling me that the payment was scheduled to be withdrawn from my account at 3 am Sept. 1st, with installation scheduled for 8 am-noon the same day. Yesterday, I called to cancel, as my current provider gave me a better deal to continue service with them. I was told that there was nothing set up for a payment to be made on the first, and no installation scheduled, that I would have to call to authorize the payment to be taken out, and they could then schedule installation for a different day. I told them I wanted to cancel the order, and was told it was cancelled, and assured nothing would be taken from my account.

Now on to today - I checked my bank account this morning, and there was $166.38 withdrawn from my account by Dish, with another $49.99 charge pending on my account to be taken out by GoDish. I called Dish, and was first asked if I wanted to cancel my current order, which I was told was cancelled yesterday. I was then told that a refund was issued today, when I was told multiple times that there would be NOTHING taken out of my account, so there should be no need for a refund. I was also told it would be 7 days before I saw the money back in my account. I asked what they expected me to do now, since they took money out of my account that they weren't supposed to, after telling me multiple times nothing would be taken out, so now I will have my car insurance payment, that was already set up to come out, returned, and an overdraft fee on my bank account.

The rep I was speaking to said they could reimburse me for the overdraft fees, then went back and said he couldn't, because the overdraft fee was only "indirectly" caused by them. I explained again that if they had not taken out money that they were not supposed to, and that they told me would not be taken out, this would be a non issue, because my money for my already set up insurance payment would still be in my account.

He said all he could do was apologize, and then turned around and told me that the returned payment I will have on my insurance and the overdraft fees were my problem and I just had to deal with it, because they weren't going to do anything about it even though they screwed up. I haven't even had service with them, and their sales/customer service reps have already made me decide to NEVER have service with them. I will pay more money through another provider before I will call GoDish/Dish Network again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

About three months ago I called DISH to tell them to turn my $120+ per month service off... The Customer Service took my request, then transferred me to someone else, who told me they could cut my service in half, still give me the channels I wanted, for only $58 per month... I told him I did NOT know if I could afford that. Next month I call them back to turn off my service again, telling them I just don't have the money... Again a transfer to another representative and he tells me he can't turn it off until NEXT Saturday, and for me to call back next Saturday.

My cell phone got let out in the rain and ruined, so I had to go to a friend's to call DISH and tell them to turn my service off - send me a box to return their equipment - and my final bill... Again I got the run around that they couldn't do that, and I would have to call another number in Texas (?) to request a turn off, box, and final bill. I've sent DISH three (3) emails posted as "LEGAL NOTICE," demanding they turn off my service, send me an equipment return box, and a final bill... and if I have to I'll file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office and the Better Business Bureau. Then they send me an email saying "my service" has been "interrupted" and if I don't pay the bill they are going to turn off my "service" August 23rd... DISH is never getting my business again! And believe me, this isn't over yet!

They promise me a "special" rate for a minimal package without an expiration, and then I pay the agreed amount for a month before they raise it right back to where it was. They claim there is no record of my conversation and then they want to tack an extra month on when I try to close my account. I will NEVER use DISH again, it is the sat TV from hell.

Wanted to move the TV to a different wall & needed 20 additional feet. I called up & did chat, to find out how to get 20 more feet of (RG6) coaxial cable since we wanted to move the TV to another wall. They seriously wanted me to PAY $55 for a service call (& by the way add 2 yrs to my contract). I asked if they could just mail it to me. No can do. They are such rip off artists!! I bought 25 feet for $6 & free shipping online!

After cancelling DISH after 6 years I found the return of equipment very difficult. For one, every piece of junk mail received from DISH has my correct mailing address. However, after giving them the correct address upon cancellation, I received an e-mail that indicated they sent the return boxes to a different address. So I called and spoke with a rep who made the correction and boxes were to be sent out. Ten days later after receiving junk mail from DISH I realized I still hadn't received the return equipment boxes so I made another phone call. Once again a rep indicated that the return address was incorrect so a correction was made.

She said she would be mailing me out labels and that I would now be asked to purchase my own boxes to get the equipment mailed back. I asked her to adjust the 30 days and she said the notes would indicate that this was their fault and I would not be billed. I will respond back and let you know how this in fact is handled and if I'm billed. Seems to me DISH makes it very difficult to return equipment. After reviewing comments on this site I'm not the only one who experiences this and would strongly seek another provider should I want cable service again.

Dish Network has the worst customer service ever! I had an installation done and the service technician damaged 2 walls in my home by drilling over 20 holes in my walls without my permission. I called customer service advised such and they sent out a crew to examine and they were to follow up to have my walls repaired. After 2 weeks nobody ever called, I called advising and cancelled my service this was 3 weeks in. They advised me of termination fee when they damaged my property and never followed up. It's been over 30 days and still not resolved. Today they charged my card $480 plus my I had to pay a contractor out of my pocket $405 to repair what they done to my walls (covering holes on 2 walls and repainting my walls) I still haven't gotten this resolved. They only transfer you around, nobody listens. I contacted my attorney. Do not use them. Worst Customer Service EVER!!!

After having a horrible experience with Mediacom, I called to have Dish installed in my new home. The tech called to make sure it was ok with us if he arrive early, we told him "sure"! When he arrived he introduced himself and proceeded to boot covers over his shoes. He then asked me a few questions in the house and then went outside with me to see where I would like the dish, based on where the satellites are in the sky. He told me how he would run and hide the cable and even asked if we had any HOA restrictions on where the dish could/not go.

After reviewing the HOA paperwork, he took to the install. When he was done outside, he came back in and again put on his shoe covers. When everything was hooked up he explained how to use the remote and the DVR system. He answered all of our questions, and was very courteous, even though I am sure he has heard them a million times. Before he left he made sure I was happy with the way he hooked everything up inside and out. He even doubled checked that he had picked up all of his trash. I have to say it was the best install of any service I have ever had. Thank you Dish for doing a great job!

I am an extremely dissatisfied customer of dish which is why I am switching to DirecTV as DirecTV actually has customer service. You push a button on your dish remote control and nothing happens, usually several attempts to change a channel are required before the channel will change, the entire set up and actual workings of dish is pathetic. I would never recommend dish to anyone. Better to go without tv service than to go with dish. Simply the lowest functioning service/company I've ever had to deal with in my life and I live in a seniors community so I've dealt with a number of companies and services in my lifetime. I could go on for at least 20 or more paragraphs of incidents I've experienced with dish (all bad) but I don't want to spend one more second of my life even thinking about this sorry excuse of a TV service company. Simply put, dish sucks the big one and they can kiss my off **.

We had problems from the beginning - when the wind would blow or if it would rain a little our DISH would go out. The final straw was when we finally got tired of them and found DirecTV had better prices - they informed me I had signed a 24 month contract. They never told me about that in the initial sales pitch or when the technicians were out here to put in the equipment. Make sure, if you are still silly enough to go with them, get everything in writing!!

So, I just got DISH with the new hopper, 1st of all it's very difficult to navigate. DirecTV can be navigated with maybe a 5th grader level, with DISH you may want to have graduated high school, and/or be kind of tech savvy, a week into it and my wife still can't really watch tv alone. They claim you can record 6 shows at once, however, you can't choose which boxes record what, so, for instance, I'm recording 2 shows now, but the DVR decided to record both on the living room box, so if I wanna watch live tv I have to go in another room, never had this issue with DirecTV until I reached the max 5 recordings.

Bottom line is, yes DISH is cheaper than DirecTV, yes it can store more hours of recordings, it may have a few other features too, but I'm not one to use those features, I watch tv at home, on my tv, not on the road or on my phone. I almost instantly regretted the decision to switch, and now I'm stuck for 2 years. I've never had much use for customer service so don't know why there's much importance placed on that, but since I got it I have done the chat help, and it was terrible, I never got my issues resolved and it almost felt like I was chatting with a selling robot, they were listing all the great features and capability of the new hopper, and completely ignoring my question.

Oh, and let's not forget that you're not going to qualify for all the great deals you will see on their website, we have pretty good credit and here was our deal, 3 TVs for $170 down, to add the 4th would have been $355 down, say what! Ya it's true! And No free Amazon Echo Dot. Overall I am sick to my stomach that I made the switch and to get out of it will cost $480.

I have been a Dish customer for several years. I have had a Hopper receiver since my service was first installed. My service has been working ok for the time that that I have had it. Recently June 2017 Dish did an online software upgrade. I saw messages on my TV screen telling me about the forthcoming upgrade. I was not given an option to not accept the upgrade. Ever since the upgrade was completed I have had problems. The problems that I am experiencing are; I am not able to get the TV shows or programs to fill my screen There are now TV Programs that are being recorded that I have not requested or selected and I am not able to remove them the recording schedule. I have contacted Dish customer service numerous time and have requested to speak with a manager. I have been connected to a "a Manager" several times.

Later on when I spoke to another customer service agent and request that I speak to the manager (by name) that I previously spoke to I would then be told that that person isn't a manager. In all of my calls I have never been offered a technician to come out and observe the problems that I am experiencing. I have also requested that my monthly fees be refunded to me until the problems are fixed. No one has offered to discuss or act on my request.

While talking with one of their Customer Service "Managers" I informed him that I will take Dish to court. The Manager said that I would have to speak with someone in their corporate office. He stated the following; He would have to transfer me to the corporate office. He went on to say that I shouldn't be on hold too long before the answer. I requested that he request that someone from the Corporate Office call me and he then said "the people in the corporate office can't make outgoing calls.” This is the worst company that I have ever done business with and the worst customer service. They just don't care.

Great job, DISH. You force an upgrade without having tested the functionality. Both of our Joeys stopped working with the upgrade that occurred in July, 2017. Third phone call to DISH today and I finally have a complete reset on the system but we'll see if it lasts. Agent readily admitted that "most DISH customers" are having the same problem. The Hopper updated but unless the Joeys were on standby at that time (few would be), then the upgrade messed up the system. I asked for a 2 week credit for service since we have been unable to successfully use the TV. Was told "no" but they would give me free services... Which I would have to call in and cancel in 3 months. That's just a play for more $$ since most people won't call in. So, so, so sick of companies that only care about profits - screw customers.

I called to cancel service due to the fact that we were moving out of the state and of course was sent to someone who didn't want to cancel service but wanted to offer putting it on hold. After I told her I didn't even know if we could get service through Dish in our new area and not even having a new address yet she still talked me into it! My mistake completely! Apparently after the 9 month hold time they automatically just restart your service no matter if you’re using it or not! Never once did anyone contact me by mail, phone, email nothing to inquire about their equipment or anything.

When I called to inquire about it 2 times now, they are telling me that I will need to pay for services that I have not even been using since last year or they will send me to collections! The second time I called they had no record of the first call. When I spoke with someone about how to get them their stuff back, when I gave them my new address and gave them my email address nothing! No record at all of me speaking to anyone but they sure were positive that I was told that service was just going to automatically be restarted after the 9 months! So infuriating!!!

If I had known the headache I was going to be causing myself just putting service on hold I would have refused that option!!! Save yourself the hassle of dealing with the worst company ever and get TV service through anyone but DISH!!! And when we did use their services we had so much trouble with the equipment always needing to be reset and the DVR just randomly recording shows that we didn't set it to record. But they don't have remote access to your equipment! Sure they don't!

First of all, I want to say that Dish Network is the first TV service plan I have ever gotten that costs exactly what I was told it would cost by the customer service representative I spoke with. I found the installer to be prompt, professional, knowledgeable and courteous. Our install was not typical but the problems were dealt with perfectly. The service is great but I do find it difficult to find channels and certain programs because of the exceptionally long TV line up channel. Overall, highly recommend.

After canceling my service I received a 170.00 early termination bill. Have had the service for many years until the bills began to go up 3 months in a row. I did not know what the code was just the last 4 of the social which they LOST. They refused to give me access to do anything without a code. Even though I canceled the account they kept sending a bill.

I tried to speak to the highest level department office of the president, they also said without a code they won't do anything. I said "how can I give you a code if I do not remember? I'm not calling the president of the United States trying to get classified information! I have a copy of all the bills. I can tell you every month that the bill went up. I can tell you the date I canceled the service. I can give you any information you want except for a code."

I have spent endless hours on the phone speaking to all different people to no avail. I still have an outstanding early cancellation fee bill. Why would I keep the company that gives me such a hard time on my own account? I have a PERFECT credit score they are going to ruin it unless I pay this which I shouldn't owe I didn't have a contract!

First, the service they provide looks much better on paper than it does in reality. Once everything gets added in, you're not getting any kind of deal. Admittedly, I was used to our previous cable provider. Their On-Demand had more programming and was much more user friendly. To rent an On-Demand movie, you have to click on the movie you want and get a code, then call or text Dish and provide the code to watch the movie which also costs more than my previous cable provider. The entire process is more cumbersome. Then to top it off, you lose signal if it rains very hard.

The one time I really want my television is on rainy days. I was just getting into a movie when it lost signal. I was told by the installer that it would take several feet of snow to block the signal. Of course that isn't in the contract. So, I decided to cancel and was reminded of my two year contract which they held me to. The contract is their way of holding customers who would otherwise cancel, but there is nothing in the contract about the quality of their service. I'm eating the penalty for early termination because it is worth it to get rid of this horrible service.

I haven't had service since last night 7.22.17 and they tell me they can't get a technician out to my house until 7.30.17. So I have to wait 8 days for someone to fix my service. Very unacceptable. DISH lacks customer service skills. They should be training and providing better knowledge/problem solving to their people. 8 days to fix an issue! Maybe instead of all the money they use for advertising. False advertising that is, they need to invest in new customer service skills for their employees. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, well let's just say that never happens. Ugh. Very frustrating and bad business on their part! Worst mistake was ever getting DISH!

I called Dish today for maybe the 50th time in the last 2 yrs bc my husband and I decided since it's raining all weekend "let's binge watch Game of Thrones." Well we watched 2 with no problems. On episode 3 it started buffering so we reset our router then we reset our receiver but again it stopped about 28 mins in and started buffering so I called Dish. What does dish say? The usual "it's not us it's HBO." So he tries to offer me Epix which we just did away with 3 weeks ago when I called last about issues.

I tell him this and said "you know what how about this, my husband wants to see Kong Skull Island. How about you give us that and hopefully after HBO we'll have Game of Thrones up and running?" He tells me he can not do that bc of the order he has to put in and I said "so you would rather lose a customer than let us have a free movie bc once again it's your Network that's messed up and ruining our evening." Finally I just said we're switching back to Comcast bc Dish is not worth the money or frustration.

I had their service for 12 years with international channels. When I discontinued they charged $24.00 for return shipping boxes. Also compelled me to climb up the ladder to retrieve some parts of the dish to return. No, they would not send any technician after the divorce. They asked me to pay the $24.00 and within a month sent this to a collection company who are now threatening to report to credit report agencies. In 12 years I paid almost $10,000.00 but they could not waive this $24.00.

We have been a customer of Dish for over 20 years. 2016 we upgraded to the Joey from the old box. The joey was a headache, TV constantly going out. January 2017, we were supposedly getting replacement for the Joey to a better box Hopper 3. The TV constantly goes off in the middle of watching a program. Things, pop up Error, Broadband Connection Loss, Looking up Hopper. Dish Network TV has gotten so hard to watch. Technicians have come out, chatted with Tech Support on line, and called tech support numerous of times and the problem has not been resolved.

We tried cancelling but due to a contract we have to pay 350.00 which is 20.00 per month based on the Contract. Dish is coming today to put in a new hopper. However, if this problem persist we will eat the cost and switch to DirecTV. I had to go to the Office of the President. When I asked to speak to the President I was told Dish did not have a President. Make sure if you replace your Hopper with Dish they are replacing your bad hopper and not giving you the New Hoppers for a upgrade. The very old boxes was never a problem with Dish. I would not recommend Dish to anyone until they straighten out these problems.

I signed up with DISH through Frontier. I was promised a certain price and I didn't get it. Both companies kept blaming each other, which was a complete headache. I even called a few times to complain about my TV service. I cancelled both companies because it was a headache going back and forth between the two and I was told I could cancel without any issues. I cancelled with Frontier without any issues, but now I'm being told by DISH that I have a cancellation fee. I wasn't even a customer for two months. I only paid ONE bill. The Dish is still on the side of my house as well after I asked for it to be removed. The miscommunication is unacceptable because I heard different things from different representative each and every time, and I've contacted Dish about 4-5 times and they won't even let me see my contract.

I have had DISH TV for seven and a half months. At least once a day, sometimes more my receivers reset themselves. I have jumped through their hoops to no avail. Techs have been here 3 times. The last one made the problem worse. They have wanted to charge me for the tech to come to my house. So far they have not charged me. I have to argue that I pay for service and they are not furnishing the service. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will have to buy the supplies and fix it myself. I have tried to tell them what is wrong and then they do everything else.

I haven't had a remote since July 1 2017. When I downloaded the new system old remote wouldn't work. Hard to get someone... hang up. And now they are saying the antenna. Gave them a bank card. Said it was invalid. Good card....wouldn't take my bank number. For 10.49... wouldn't let me put on my account. When it rains lose my signal... No DISH! Until the rain passed. Receiver doesn't let me record 3 channels like they say. The service isn't no good. You got to call for everything but when you do be prepare to stay on phone for a while. Wish I could get cable here where I live.

These services are not good at all, the agents are not helpful, they stay on the phone to collect money and lie to ur face... They are all about money. I have called in for 5 months straight on my bill and they keep saying the changes have been made, but the same thing keeps happening over and over, I wouldn't recommend these services for a 90 year old woman because they definitely don't keep their word. These services are a waste of time and they don't care about their customers.

I'm in a 2 year contract and once my contract is up I will change providers. TV loses signal EVERY TIME it rains!!! I now understand why they insist on a 2 year contract because they would not have any customers otherwise. So whenever it rains or storms I have no access to watch the weather.

I transferred my service from one address to another after I was told that to cancel would cost $240. They sent out an installer who was at my house for 6 hours to install one outlet. After 5+ hours he said that he could not put it on the interior wall where AT&T had my modem for internet. I had tickets to a play and could not wait on him any longer. He told me he would have to put it on the exterior wall where there was an existing coaxial wire which he could have attached to and pulled through the wall. Instead he drilled two new holes through my soffit, which I had just had repainted after my tenants moved out and drilled a hole through my brick exterior and drilled a hole through my recently repainted sheetrock. Before he left, he dropped and punt kicked my VCR across the room. This was back in February.

I had pressing matters and did a 3 week bout with the flu, so when I contacted them I told them all I wanted was a credit on my bill for the two months that their equipment sat on my floor in a pile of sheetrock dust and the insulation tracked out of my attic. They sent out a claims adjuster Brandon who attached their wire to the existing AT&T wire and pulled it thru the wall and the same outlet. He said that Andrew, the original installer was new and inexperienced. Did he pull the AT&T outlet of the wall, blah, blah, blah. It was done in under 2 hours. I videotaped his visit commencing at 9:11 am on April 19 for the first 11:47 minutes of his visit documenting the damage and our conversation where he explained about team leaders and coaches (code for supervisor) and how the compensation for the destruction of my property would be taken out of Andrew's paycheck. (Wait, you penalize installers for insufficient training?)

He took my destroyed VCR and pictures of the mess that I provided to him to file my damage claim. Dish's pathetic sub-contractor Integrated Electronics representative Christy told me that I said I did not want compensation for the damages, never gave me a claim number for reference, etc. After numerous calls with Dish's billing and credit departments and being referred to their subcontractor about the dispute I get transferred to Jesse in the executive resolution team who gave me an 866 and 800 toll free number to call and two (251) numbers to Integrated Electronics. I left several messages for Christy, no reply. I finally receive a voicemail from Molly on June 15th, "the office of the president" saying the subcontractor had been trying to reach me (this was the first time I was given a claim number for my dispute #**). She was professional.

In this day of cellphones we have call logs. I can prove that I called the number she left on June 6th and 8th with no reply. Anyway, in the interim they called my daughter which is the alternate contact # for my account to tell her that I was in collections and they have done their best to ruin my credit rating. I have made partial payment every time they have threatened me, telling the billing department that I have an open dispute. I have pre and post installation pictures and was trying to avoid going to small claims court, I am a paralegal and notary who keeps good notes. I asked Jesse to just send me a box to send their equipment back, cancel my contract and call it a day back on June 2nd. I just got a bill yesterday for $168 saying way past due for service they turned off over a month ago.

My last call with Christy the rep of the subcontractor who did the installation wants to send out another claims adjuster, for what? You have the destroyed equipment, pictures of the damage, etc since April 19. I have the affidavit of my handyman who had just repaired the house between tenants. How about an email address for me to send my evidence to? Apparently I am not the only one with this experience, with 484 negative reviews and a 1.2 star rating out of a possible 5. Thanks Entergy for recommending ALLCONNECT who misrepresented and got me set up in this mess to start out with (totally facetious)!!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1980, DISH Network now provides paid TV to almost 14 million subscribers. The company, headquartered in Meridian, Colorado, is the second-largest satellite TV provider in the United States.

• Flexible payment: DISH network accepts Bitcoin as a payment method for those who prefer the cyber currency.
  • Fantasy and reality: Subscribers can watch a game and look at their fantasy football stats to chart their team's progress, using DISH Network Hopper.
  • Watch from anywhere: DISH Network allows access to recorded shows from anywhere, as long as there is an Internet connection.
  • No up-charge on HD: DISH Network offers free HD channels, and it does not charge extra for the high-quality imaging.
  • Promotional offers available: DISH Network sign-up promotions allow customers to get extra channels with a 24-month contract commitment.
  • Best for Television fans who watch a range of programs and households on a budget.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers