DISH Network Reviews

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.66/5
Based on 1,701 ratings submitted in the last year

DISH Network Reviews Learn More

DISH Network Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH Network?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

After ten years with the other satellite tv company, and them wanting to raise my cost by $78 per month, I switched to Dish. Apparent immediately was the advanced technology of Dish. The other company doesn't even come close. Dish is far advanced with HD, locals, voice remote, programming packages, and anything else you can name. I haven't needed their customer service yet, so I can't review that, but I have been able to find answers to any questions I've had by going to Youtube. Dish has numerous self help video's available, which sure beats sitting on the phone forever to speak to someone, like the other company. Beautiful picture and ease of use wrap it all up.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Overall, I like the Dish Network. The only thing I have a complaint about would be losing a basic channel like ABC & now CBS. There has some kind of dispute between those channels and my Carrier. I don't have any idea who is at fault. It previously happened with ABC (they finally they came to an agreement) and it was eventually restored. Now it is happening with CBS. I have a favorite program on that channel. It is frustrating to say the least. I'm not sure if other carriers experience the same problem or not.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

DISH network has a great selection of channels and packages. Their pricing compared to other satellite and cable companies is very competitive, and they offer great incentives. We have used Xfinity and Hulu to provide our primary TV channels and packages, and DISH is better priced with more options for packages, and more available content overall. The downside to DISH is that their wireless hoppers do not work consistently. They often lose signal and take several minute to reestablish connection. This is a hopper issue and not an internet issue as all other wireless devices will function even when the hopper goes down. This does not occur with any hardwired DISH box or hopper, only the wireless version.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Dish's customer service is excellent, their equipment is top notch, and modifying your programming is quick and simple. However, I give them a 4 because like most other providers of channels, Dish packages items rather than allowing one to choose only what they want to watch. This means that you are stuck with a myriad of channels that you don't want, but you have to pay extra beyond your "package rate" to get the channels that you do want. Given that issue, Dish still is a cut above every satellite TV provider that I've had in the past.

Original review: June 6, 2020

Very helpful when there is an issue which requires a technician.. will waive fee. The field technicians are absolutely amazing. In contrast, phone Technical support needs retraining, rep was quite rude.. said he was not sending out another technician until 4 days because issues could not be resolved via phone. Strange and complete stupidity. Been complaining about this for years now and NO RESOLUTION.. that payment due notice that pops up 2 days prior to due date in center of tv, DOES NOT go away until approximately 10 days. Paid my bill from the 26th and it’s the 6th of a new month and it’s still a menace. They will tell you, press Cancel button on remote 3 times etc and all the garb and nothing works.. my visitors will think I constantly can’t pay my bill.. ridiculous!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

We sold our home so are moving. We hadn't decided what television provider to go with as our new home won't be available for a month. Pressure was applied to put our service with Dish on hold until we moved into our new home. I didn't want to do that, just wanted to close the account/service. More pressure applied and I said, "Please don't keep asking because I will just say no." Long story short, I was charged a disconnect fee of $30 (not an early disconnect, just a disconnect fee) and, because personally turning in the equipment is not available, I am also being charged an additional $30 for two mailing boxes ($15 each), even though I have the original boxes the equipment came in!!!! To say the least, I am very very mad and will never ever have DISH provide television service!!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I had Dish network in the 90's and they were great then. However, they have become the worst. They claim to have High speed internet, but when they come to install their tech tells you there is no internet. You have to purchase that service recommending CenturyLink. So it's a false claim. I had dish for a little over a year then when covid 19 pandemic hit, I became late with payment and dish shut me down and wanted their receiver back. Customer service called everyday. Telling me how concerned they are about my bill. Customer service is out-service to Indonesian collection service. Now I get better tv through the internet and all of it is free except for the internet provider I use.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Dish is horrible. They lie when you sign up for service and then they say they’re not responsible for what they told you when you signed up because it was a third party sign up even though the flyer offer says Dish all over it and they represent themselves as Dish. What crooks and you can’t get a good signal when it snows.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Having DirecTV for years, I grew tired of their lack of customer service and switched to DISH. Not even close to comparable. 1) Picture quality is worse 2) They add charges once you sign up, so no savings and 3) wireless receivers are limited to 20' from the main hub. You get what you pay for, but I had to just cancel. They also charged me full contract price b/c their only solutions to fixing the wireless receivers was to move it closer to the hub or go wired - again, their engineering is nowhere close to DirecTV and they wanted ME to move my room arrangements for their inferior products that they 'guaranteed' would measure up - embarrassing. I have switched to YouTubeTV and wish I had done it years ago, only $70/month, better picture and my TV are now fully wireless no more boxes & contracts. DISH is TERRIBLE - don't ever do it!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I have had Dish for almost 2 years and have been dissatisfied due to the # of ads. I've enjoyed cable for years but have never experienced so many commercials during a show. It's annoying, I lose interest in the show during the ads some as long as 6 minutes. I plan to switch to internet without cable for a better deal and watch ad-free shows and experience all the other capabilities of internet vs cable.

DISH author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1980, DISH Network now provides paid TV to almost 14 million subscribers. The company, headquartered in Meridian, Colorado, is the second-largest satellite TV provider in the United States.

• Flexible payment: DISH network accepts Bitcoin as a payment method for those who prefer the cyber currency.

• Fantasy and reality: Subscribers can watch a game and look at their fantasy football stats to chart their team's progress, using DISH Network Hopper.

• Watch from anywhere: DISH Network allows access to recorded shows from anywhere, as long as there is an Internet connection.

• No up-charge on HD: DISH Network offers free HD channels, and it does not charge extra for the high-quality imaging.

• Promotional offers available: DISH Network sign-up promotions allow customers to get extra channels with a 24-month contract commitment.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team