DISH Network

DISH Network Reviews

Last updated: April 20, 2018

5537 DISH Network Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

A little over a week ago I contact DISH Network with regard to faulty/failing equipment and the size of my bill. The consumer service person was very nice, he said my equipment would be changed and he could give me a much better rate for 2 years. I agreed to it and signed electronically. I then called Century Link (this who I pay Dish through as well as cable and phone). While discussing how I could lower my bill for computer and internet I explained the deal I had got through DISH. The representative told me she could do way better if I would be willing to use a different provider. I told her I had already signed up but she said it wasn't an issue as long as I called right back to cancel. She was able to get me all 3 services for about half of what they had been. Immediately upon the conclusion of the call I called DISH back and told them I didn't want to proceed with the plan at this time. They cancelled the installation of new equipment and I thought all was good.

Today I called DISH, they politely explained that I only cancelled the installation not the contract and they were charging me a 250 fee for early termination. I got up the ladder a few rungs but evidently not high enough. I tried explaining that I called and cancelled within 30 minutes but they didn't want to hear it...went up to another supervisor with similar results and finally to the last supervisor who told me she was as high as I was getting. The initial cancelation was done through a rep named Jose, verification number **.

Today I spoke with Erin ** and Adriana **... I guess they have secret codes and can't tell you their full names. SO I supposedly have been referred to the executive team. This has got to be the most incredible idiotic process I have ever been through. A company that I loyally paid for almost 9 years, that I left only because the prices had grown excessive and their equipment was terrible...now would like another 250 dollars for an early termination... Please do yourselves a favor. AVOID DISH NETWORK at all costs. They are no better than common criminals.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I have had nothing but issues with this company. I have called them numerous times due to different people telling me different things over and over again. I was stressed by this for days and my cardiologist called me and said they needed to see me due to my Pacemaker sending in bad reports for the days I was talking to these people. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 18, 2018

We enquired about DISH in Feb of this year, online via chat. I was given a quote of 112.00 including our TVs and movie channels. This was suppose to be for 2 years. DISH requires a way to charge your account monthly. I complied. The technician installed DISH but it did not work properly so after calling DISH to schedule a tech coming out. In the mean time, we got our bill from DISH for $184.00. So I called DISH explaining our situation that we are not satisfied with our service with DISH and want a way to return their equipment. The customer service rep said we are not fulfilling our contract and they will be taking over 400.0O out of our bank account. I said, "Hold on and let me talk to my husband". I went in my bank and cancelled that card! They cannot get our money! They are thieves!

So, I called several times asking for boxes so I can return their equipment and get told I have to pay 400.00. Well, we aren’t giving them anything. Do not use DISH. DirecTV will work with you, they lowered our bill 90.00. I found the address for their corporate office in Colorado and will be sending a letter asking, once again, for boxes. We shall see.

Original review: April 16, 2018

DISH told us we would get the NHL playoffs and we did not as they are blacked out in Las Vegas (Knights games). When we complained, they said we could purchase additional service for the LV Knights playoff games. We purchased it and could not get the games. They are still blacked out. DISH lied to us twice. They said we would have to pay $350 to cancel all of DISH. We told them we would think about it. When we hung up, our service went out completely. DISH is a fraud and service is ALWAYS intermittent. It goes out every night for 10 minutes or so. By the time we can call, the service comes back. So we never successfully get them to do their jobs.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I switched from DirecTV to DISH last fall (2017). At that Time I purchased the CenturyLink modem as long term. It is less costly. I have been charged a rental fee for the modem ever since I signed up and when I called the DISH I spoke with several people for over an hour and ended up getting charged for another modem AND having some sort of line insurance for 2 years added on at a price of $100. So for this company has robbed me of $200 plus rental fees since September of 2017. The customer service people all say they want to help but so far I have been unable to get one with enough common sense to understand what happened. I strongly recommend you have nothing to do with DISH TV and especially do not use them if CenturyLink is involved. CENTURYLINK AND DISH TV IS A PARING OF BUSINESS MADE IN HADES!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

Original review: April 15, 2018

I have been a customer of DISH for over 17 years. I am finally fed up. The automated scheduling of phone call-back for support seems great, but doesn't work. After scheduling a call-back in 15 minutes, I actually had to call back an hour later due to no call AND wait another 14 minutes. Then, I spoke with a rude supervisor 'Mick' (ID **). He did not care that I stated that I wanted to cancel my account and did not apologize for the failures of the initial rep to answer questions about my account nor the service received.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Since day one we had issues with The Joeys cutting off and had many service tech coming and never solving a damn thing. We decided to cut the services and they offer us the same services we had for $50 a month for 12 month under contract and if we cancel we would have to pay $10 a month for the remaining of the contract, which we are fine with. After a while we decided to cut off the contract (we have been in services between WA and CA for about 15 years) so they charge us 11 x $10 then put our monthly fee to regular price and charge us $15 per box to return the equipment for a total bill of $180. The service suck and they really don't care about you if you decide to leave, After giving them my money for 15 years I can only say that I will never be a DISH Network customer for the rest of my life and after this experience I would gladly pay more somewhere else before I would ever get back to them.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I've been with Dish Network for about 2 months now and I'm not impressed with the quality of service. The Hi Def is not hi def quality, the picture is choppy and has cut out especially when watching Netflix. The movies stop after loading and I have to restart, it buffers then I have to restart the movie. Spectrum was a little expensive, but the quality was so much better!

Original review: April 12, 2018

After being with them about 1 month, I received a letter today that was extremely confusing. First of all I was not even aware I had been signed up with them for a month. It then goes on to say that because of a report "from one or more consumer reporting agencies" that "you did not qualify for our best offer due to one or more of the following reasons." It then gives 4 lines of possible reasons referring to NCTUE, whatever that is.

Thinking that meant I was going to pay the full rate and not the special rate for 24 months, I called them and found out that I was going to get the special rate for 24 months and that person could not explain the letter. I was supposed to check with Equifax to find out what the problem was. Come on, give me a break. The person I spoke with could not give me a sensible reason for the letter. Good way to offend and confuse new customers. I nearly told her to cancel the account and I would ship their equipment back. Letter was totally unnecessary and confusing.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I discontinued my Dish service on 3/11/18. I received a e-mail stating I would receive boxes for shipping back equipment. These boxes were never received. Then on 4/09 I received an email stating my account would be charged for the equipment because they never went back. When I called today 4/10/18 they said it was my job to call if boxes were not received. I told rude associate that it wasn't my job to secure this equipment and they should have followed up. I asked for a receipt for shipment of boxes to me she said she couldn't do that. So I stated because someone at your company didn't follow up I get charged. Please do yourself a favor and never hook up with this company. They don't care about ruining your credit and just make false charges. Tell all people you know not to buy this product. Once they have your information they got you. Even if it's not your fault.

Original review: April 9, 2018

After 18 years as a customer, I couldn't stand DISH anymore! My television went blank, and after calling and waiting forever for technical support, they refused to send a tech out or even to send me a replacement HDMI cord, which is what the problem was. They wanted to charge me for the cord because it was "part of your television, so it is your expense." I pointed out they had installed both the receiver and the cord at the same time, and my TV did not need the HDMI cable, and all Dish equipment is the property of Dish and needs to be maintained by Dish. The guy refused to do anything for me. I called back the next day and got someone who said they would send the HDMI cable right out at no charge. They never did. I ended up with no service from Dish, they wouldn't fix the problem, they wouldn't send the replacement equipment, but they still sent me bills! That is the best way I know to get rid of a long-term customer.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I suspended my DISH service for six months at the suggestion of a customer service rep. They didn't tell me that after six months my account would be re-activated and I would start receiving charges, even if I didn't request it. That's what I get for being a 10 year loyal customer with direct bill pay. When I discovered they were charging me for the service I called them and requested a full refund, or credit if I reinstated my service that day. A nice girl put me on hold several times to try and get a resolution for me from her supervisor. No deal. They would only agree to refund $40 out of $260 they withdrew from my checking account. I never got the refund and how can I dispute that? I stopped service and I no longer have an account number. I'm done with corporate media thugs.

Original review: April 6, 2018

There was a false account created under my information. When I called DISH they offered very little assistance and they stated that they don't even require ID to open an account. Poor business practices!!!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I have been a Dish customer for over 3 years and never ever late with payments. I must have inadvertently renewed my subscription when I went on to take off services to lower the costs and took off the local channels, which they charge $10 to have, not including fees and taxes and in doing so I inadvertently renewed and didn't mean to but we wanted to cancel the service because we just don't watch TV much anymore & on limited income.

When I called to cancel my service, the customer Service guy named Leo argued with me over and over and over for literally 90 minutes. That was after I have made 15 calls to get it canceled and could never get in touch with them because the operator would say the lines were busy and call back. Leo the customer service guy would not let me cancel without a fee and wore me down to agreeing to suspending the service for a $5.95 dollar a month fee and informed me that if I cancel they will take out the cancellation fee with or without my approval because they keep your financial information and will deduct it from your bank account in 20 days, like it or not. I don't think it's right that Dish TV can just deduct from your account a cancellation fee, instead of sending a bill.

I can't afford that, we are on a set income because we are retired and that amount will come off of our food budget or cause us not to be able to pay another bill like the electric bill or insurance. I also asked that the suspension start on Friday and when I turned the TV on, he had already put the suspension on and I already had an extra $10 added to my bill. So I had to call back again and ask that the suspension begin on Friday. The customer service guy name Shak was nice. He turned my service back on until Friday. I don't think it's right that Dish just takes that money out all at once, I was going to make payments on the cancellation fee but Leo said, "Too bad." Before we moved to my current address over 3 years ago, we had DirecTV and they let me cancel early without a fee because I was a great customer. I'll never get Dish TV again now. If I get TV again, it will be DirecTV.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I received a marketing call at 7:06 am. When I asked to be removed from their call list, they hung up on me with no response. I called Dish's customer service line 6 times to confirm removal from the call list. The CSR who answered 3 of my calls was the one who spam called me. Each time I asked to file a complaint or speak with a manager, they immediately transferred me back into their phone menu loop. I have yet to speak with someone who can help me and am writing this review while still on hold.

Original review: April 3, 2018

My suggestion is that for any complaints you have you should contact: the Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Communication Commission and your State Attorney General. Up until today we had TV Japan, without notice they changed the service to a crappy Japanese Channel that programming dates back to the 1970 and 1980's. We are being charged for TV Japan for $24.99 per month therefore we are now being charged for a service we did not order.

I am going to look for another provider and then cancel my service and notify them to come and pick up their equipment and if they don't pick it up I will charge them rent for holding it. In addition I intend to contact the FTC, the FCC and the Nevada State Attorney General as a complaint for the provision of a service we did not order of which they are charging me for. The new Japanese Channel is not TV Japan which is what we are suppose to be receiving of which we have paid for. Dish never informed us of any change in programming. Therefore they are in violation of National Trade through the rules of the FTC.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I had DISH service for over 10 years and was reasonable happy except for the ever increasing price and outages in storms. I was moving to a new area and there were other options for me so I decided to cancel the service. I went through what I thought was the cancellation process, confirmed that they did not want the old equipment back, and then was transferred to another service representative for final processing. He kept trying to push transferring the service to my new address and then he wanted to put the account on hold for a $5 a month fee. I told him I didn't need the service anymore and didn't want to pay $5 a month for something I didn't need, but he kept pushing and I must have given in to the hold with the understanding that I would be contacted to see if I had changed my mind about hooking up service at my new address.

I forgot all about it until I received a bill for services from the company that I had the bundled services with and included DISH, which I was not using since at no point did I ever have them hook it up at my new house. I never received notification about the hold being over and that DISH would automatically start charging for services. After talking with a couple of representatives, I got the service cancelled again but have a significant bill due, plus one of the representatives was asking about returning the equipment that I leased. I told her that I already went through that when I cancelled the first time and she said since the account was put on hold that I was still responsible for returning the equipment.

Now I am afraid that they will add charges for the equipment that I was told was worthless and did not have to return. She also said that I would have been contacted about the account being put on hold and prior to the removal of the hold but it was an automated system. All I can figure is that they either called the landline that was part of the services I had disconnected or sent e-mails that went into my spam folder. I never got the notice about my account being put on hold or the notice about the hold being turned off. I never had a chance to confirm whether I might want the reinstate service. I know there is no way I would ever consider DISH again after all this hassle.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I have been with DISH for 7 years and everything fine till I call to cancel. They informed me that I was in contract and could not cancel. I told them it should not be. I never agree to it. The one I talk to told me I could agree without knowing. That wrong if that what happen. I think that is bad business. Can some please help with this?

Original review: March 30, 2018

I moved and do not get the free move. They told me if I want to have my Dish installed at my new location it will be 100.000. They also told me I called customer service too much so my account has a mark against it and I won't qualify for any offers and moreover I shouldn't even call Dish because no one will help me. I only called a couple times to verify things about my move. Dish: pull down your Property Brothers' commercial. It's all a lie!!!

Original review: March 29, 2018

We had DISH for 5 years, after the initial two years they kept raising the price up and gouging us. You have to call in and beg for a better price and accept less in programming than what you had from the very beginning to keep a reasonable price. We decided to cancel 03/29/18 with 24 hours left that we prepaid for. They charge you $15.00 to return their old outdated boxes. We call it a cancellation fee. To put the frosting on the cake they turned off our DISH tv signal only 5 3/4 hours into the last day, keep in mind we had Prepaid for the entire day up until 11:59 PM.

Based on our treatment by the rep get me on the phone for over 30 minutes when I called in to cancel, they most definitely don't want customers to go back to them so that's they burn the bridge by treating long-time loyal customers horribly. THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO FOR YOURSELF IS TO STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM CALLING THAT DISH PHONE NUMBER FOR SERVICE. Just another badly treated formerly Loyal Dish customer.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I was Dish Network customer since 2004 but every six month I have to call customer service to reduce my bill, every other six months they said promotion ends now your bill is 50 % more. Finally I close account today. Nowadays Sling, Netflix, YouTube are best option to watch TV episodes.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I've been with Dish for many years, that is until today. Every month for the last 5-6 months I noticed my bill was different. Some months it was higher by $5, some month by $10, and some months it was higher by $15. So I began contacting the customer service group to get answers and to get it resolved. Each month they would tell me that it was all taken care of and it won't happen again. That is until the next month's bill arrived. It's a shell game with Dish. They tell you that some credits have come off and that some have been added. It's their way of controlling your account fees and increasing your bill. Although their technical support group that deals with the internet and other technical areas was good, the television side is very unethical.

Original review: March 28, 2018

First, a big "Thank You" to DISH network for many years of excellent TV -- both at AFFORDABLE prices, and the current ridiculousness ($130+/monthly!) --even WITH constantly, inflating charges. Rural living dictates minimal services, across the board, so it's nice to have options with TV. There are, however, valid reasons why I might actually have to "unplug," going with streaming, or without, in the near future. DISH charges are too high. I don't think this needs explanation. Odd how 2018 cost-of-living wages stagnate at 1990 levels, but COSTS seem to rise exponentially. Really -- WHY does it take $130 a month to WATCH, FRIGGING TV, programmed by... DISH versus the viewer?

Next -- I DO NOT WATCH SPORTS! EVER! MAYBE the Olympics, but even then minimally. Why, then, does the "250-package" CRAM sports channels (and "trash" channels, i.e. filler channels you don't watch) into this, seemingly, generous package, when, in reality, you're getting more crap JUST to see what you want to see, WHEN you want to see it? Also -- DISH had a HUGE senior-base. "Boomers" are aging, if not already "there." Boomers are used to more, expect more, and are experienced in demanding same. Unfortunately, many are/will be on fixed-incomes, whose COLA increases do not keep pace with DISH increases. Recommendation: How about a senior-discount, that does not fluctuate or change unless the customer desires? DISH would not only nurture a healthy "bottom line," but would likely increase revenue as this demographic takes advantage of your program.

Finally -- enough with "dropped" channels! DISH departments need to communicate. After setting up my package, I "lost" channels because the promotions ran out. Premium channels are not too expensive, especially with promos. I called DISH who tried giving me the lost channels again AT INCREASED COSTS TO ME, AFTER I'd already made arrangements TWO WEEKS EARLIER! We finally got it straight, but what happens to those unwilling to confront, or those afraid to ask? Come on, DISH! As exhausting as you think us customers, we think it exhausting to constantly ask for the services we have/and have had, for years. How in the world did my viewing not change, but costs went from $60/mo. to $130+/mo.?!? You don't think about it, but the seeing the numbers is sobering. A more than 50% INCREASE from our first DISH payment!

DISH: If you want loyal customers, try being loyal to your customers. Unplugging might be necessary...because DISH is not the company it purports to be. And I like my movies! 3-stars for historical excellence, quite diminished in 2018. 3-stars for still negotiating monthly charges. I would recommend, however, searching all other options before signing with DISH.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I just had an unbelievable day with people at DISH Network. Absolutely the worst experience of my 64 years on this planet. I have been a customer for many years and I am considered a 5 star customer. I put my program on pause while I sold my house and bought another. When I went to set up the new house I called and talked to a rep about the service I needed including Internet. He was a hard sell and I didn't trust him so I called back and got another person who told me the last person was wrong on what Internet I could get and told me I could get a certain one only. Well different info from 2 different people so I decided to call a third. I was then told I could not get any internet at all. I knew that was wrong so I talked to a supervisor who said the person was wrong but I could only get satellitte internet.

I knew this was also wrong so I called another and this person seemed to know more than the rest so I signed up to move my system with him to my new home. I was able to get DSL through DISH partnering up with CenturyLink. HughesNet is horrible and I didn't want it again. When he got to the info for CenturyLink he asked for my Social Security number so they could run a credit check. I said I am closing on the house in a week and a half and I don't want my credit to drop with an inquiry and maybe cause an issue as I know the VA in Oregon will check it to make sure I didn't take on any new obligations and that I still kept up with my bills. The DISH guy said... "They don't have to run one. Just make sure you don't owe them money and they can do that by your drivers license number" and I said, "Ok just as long as they don't run a credit check. If they have to I will wait 2 weeks until after the house closes." This is all on a recorded line.

Later this afternoon I get an alert that someone has checked my credit and thinking it was the VA I was surprised that it was CenturyLink. So this idiot gave them my Social even after I said no. He looked it up because I was already with DISH and did this to get his sale. That I believe is breaking the law. I never gave approval. In fact I said, "Do not do it or else I will wait." This is the most underhanded company of all time. I will cancel everything with them. I could never trust them again. I ended up talking to 11 different people including 3 supervisors and I was told I needed to write a letter and mail it to them with my Social Security number and what happened and the will see if they can remove it from my credit. The damage is done. It will take a month to get this off. DISH you really suck.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I signed a 2 yr contract with DISH. Dish installed a Hopper (main) receiver and 1 Joey (slave) receiver along with the satellite dish. This was a new learning experience on how their programming worked, it took a little time to master. Once we started to use some of the options such as downloading shows, movies, etc. and how to record shows/movies, this is when all the trouble started. Dish advertised 'Watch Shows/Movies ON DEMAND', immediately I thought, didn't know it may take up to 15 minutes (depending on the program) to download, a little false advertising in my opinion.

Another problem was when I recorded a program from the Joey receiver, the program that was being watched on the Hopper would be replaced with the recording show. That is not what should happen. I guess I'm paying extra for this great feature. Upon complaining, the Joey was replaced with a Super Joey, for an additional monthly fee. I was told by the Dish customer service that the extra fee would be waived. This was not the case, I was still billed, and the problem was not resolved. Dish customer service associates were not willing to correct billing and/or problem. This was totally frustrating to me and my family so 1 month into Dish services I called and cancelled services with an end date (one month from the call date). Dish proceeded to suspend my TV services the very next day.

I do agree to breaking the signed 2 yr Terms and Conditions contract, but in my opinion I was not getting the services I signed up for. The cancellation cost was $20 per month of the remaining months of contract from date of cancellation in which totaled $460. I've also tried to get my account reinstated as to avoid the cancellation fee, customer service were rude and reluctant to reinstate my original contract, they push a new contract with higher costs. I wonder how many more families fell into this trap, poor service, people cancelling and Dish making a huge profit without furnishing any service.

Another issue I experienced with Dish was automatic bill payment issues. I agreed to an automatic bill pay to Dish via my credit card. Upon experiencing the issues as stated above, I placed a "stop payment" on my credit card. Little did I know that Dish was not the bill pay collecting company but some other 3rd party. Since the 3rd party was unable to collect payment, I assume they reported this to Dish who in turn went and charged my credit card, it seems their legal team did their homework. We consumers cannot fight with the big corporations who have endless resources. They should be accountable in delivering the service as advertised.

Original review: March 27, 2018

My 94 year old mother-in-law had to be moved to an assisted living facility that already uses Spectrum. I called DISH and was told that they couldn't stop the service until I completed the following: Send a letter containing account number, account name, point of contact, desired disconnection date, an address where they should send a box to return their equipment and a letter from the facility explaining why she couldn't continue to use DISH. I asked the representative, "Are customers not allowed to cancel DISH for whatever their reasons without these requirements?", she replied, "We are required to do this and to prove you spoke to me here is your confirmation number 1212570307." I requested the service be cut off June 19, 2017.

My mother in law did not have a contract and she received the DISH service through AT&T. I was to send the letter to Littleton, Colorado, which I did on June 23, 2017. I must admit I became busy with my 94 year old mother in law and my 88 year old aunt. The phone service in the house had been switched to the facility, yet when I checked the bill, they were still charging $57 per month to an empty house.

I spoke to Dish customer service on November 20, 2017 and asked why the service had not been cancelled. I was told that the letter was received but did not have satisfactory information from the facility. I told them I was very aggravated because no one bothered to advise me regarding the letter and that I expected a refund for the five months they had illegally charged her for services and asked to speak with a supervisor and was told there wasn't one available. I was asked to write another letter. I would receive no refund without it.

I requested a letter from the administrator of the facility and laughed at me and said in her twenty years there she had never received such a request and told me she didn't think the request was legal. Wanting to receive the refund for her, I gave DISH a copy of the page my husband and his mother signed in order for her to become a resident and a current copy of the receipt from the facility showing that she was still living there. They sent me the box, I returned the equipment and waited for a refund.

Again, no one called me and I noticed on her AT&T bill, they charged her $51 for all the months after June. I called and spoke with Mark, OP ID: IDZ, explained the situation and he went "to the back" to talk with an accountant? When he returned, he showed me on the bill were the September charge had been credited back in October. I asked about the other months and he said he was told I should contact AT&T if all of the credits were not showing up on the bill. He gave me the AT&T number and I spoke with a Holly and she assured me that AT&T had nothing to do with DISH billing and vice versa which I myself thought. I called DISH back and asked for a supervisor, and Mark told me they had already done all they could do for us and that the supervisor was unavailable.

I feel insulted and powerless. First, when a customer asks to end service with them, that request should be enough. Asking for information regarding where my mother in law lives was very intrusive and unnecessary. The corporate office never contacted me regarding the first letter and I am sure they did that so they could continue to charge her until the equipment was turned, knowing they would not refund the service charges. I found it appalling that I was not allowed to speak with a supervisor and that rather than doing their job, they tried to blame AT&T and I know they knew how inappropriate it was to refer me to them. I have copies of everything and that DISH does this because they can get away with it. If they were the last provider on earth I would not do business with them again.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I have been have problems with my Dish equipment. The dvr would not record. I couldn't watch anything on demand because something was wrong with the box. Also prices would change without a notification. I called Dish to see when my contract was up. They told me I was no longer under a contract. So I switched services. After I switched I called Dish to disconnect service. They told me I had an ETF because of my contract. After I told the rep I called a week earlier about my contract, he told me that the system was pulling up all of my information. Because I was provided the incorrect information I had to call my new provider and cancel service with them, because it was after 24hrs, I had to pay an ETF with my new provider. I wouldn't had the issue if the rep would have taken the time to pull up all of my information.

Original review: March 26, 2018

They tell you are being charged one thing (on phone), and actually do another. Been overcharging me for a long time. One month charged me about $200.00. This month already paid $85.00 (supposed to be $84.09 a month for 2 years). Claim I owe another $50.00. Never missed a payment, rarely if ever late. Long time customer, but I may end up leaving them soon. Tired of it.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Don’t get DISH SERVICE!! The quality of television is very low, the video will come back pixelated and skip forward when freezes. You CANNOT record more than 5 shows at once, you are obligated to watch one while others record “PrimeTime Anytime” which NOBODY watches. If the receiver is slow it WILL shut down on you and start from when it finally restarts and powers on. You cannot rewind at that time. Even on recorded shows the screen will black out and not come back until you reset the receiver AGAIN. I have very unhappily stuck with this cable company with promises that things would get better but rather I am charged for every question I ask. I am very obligated to turn this off and be on Netflix & Hulu.

Original review: March 26, 2018

We have 3 Dish accounts. 1 is 11 years old, the one for my 92 year old mother who has around the clock sitters is 9 1/2 years old and both are bundles with a phone company. The other is a single TV, single box at a rental property, not a bundle, different town service address. The oldest acct has a Hopper and 5 TVs. My Mom's acct originally had 2 TVs but a few months after opening it had 1 TV was turned off and I was assured it could be turned on with a simple call at any time.

A month ago we got a 2nd TV and called to have it turned back on. I told person #1 how old the acct was and all pertinent info. I was repeatedly having to clarify which account. I was told the 2nd TV was turned on. A month later and 5 separate calls, repeated emails and confusion the TV is still not on. I was told today that the new remote sent out was actually for the Hopper account. Last night the sitter called Dish and was told that it would require a new piece of equipment and my mother's account would have to be extended by 2 years.

A person who was supposedly going to calm the situation called yesterday and he argued about how difficult the 3 accounts are to tell apart until I finally said 'since you are going to argue as well I'm hanging up'. He emailed this morning. I complained about the fact that unless God miraculously changes the situation my mother will not live 2 more years and the only way he could remedy the situation was to have a service tech come out, get the TV on, NOT AT MY MOTHER'S EXPENSE and not add a day to her contract. Unbelievably he sent a reply addressing the fact that he had looked at the notes from the original person I spoke with, who told me the TV was on, and that I deserved consistency! I also told him that I was about to open a 4th account, which was 100% true, but would in fact cancel all 3 current accounts if he did not handle it today. WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE???

DISH expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1980, DISH Network now provides paid TV to almost 14 million subscribers. The company, headquartered in Meridian, Colorado, is the second-largest satellite TV provider in the United States.

• Flexible payment: DISH network accepts Bitcoin as a payment method for those who prefer the cyber currency.

• Fantasy and reality: Subscribers can watch a game and look at their fantasy football stats to chart their team's progress, using DISH Network Hopper.

• Watch from anywhere: DISH Network allows access to recorded shows from anywhere, as long as there is an Internet connection.

• No up-charge on HD: DISH Network offers free HD channels, and it does not charge extra for the high-quality imaging.

• Promotional offers available: DISH Network sign-up promotions allow customers to get extra channels with a 24-month contract commitment.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs and households on a budget.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs