DISH Network

DISH Network Reviews

3.5/5 (1676 ratings)

About DISH Network Reviews

DISH Network Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH Network?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

Original review: July 13, 2021

From the sales pitch to the installation, Very informative and professional. We have had Other Satellite services, and differences are amazing. Instead of trying to Upsell and over charge, DISH actually went to work to find every possible discount (break) they could find. The salesperson even recommended a specific installer, Who I personally would recommend, this person went beyond his scope of installation, and made sure that we were not just satisfied, but informed on every feature, discount and every question was answered in detail. Who does this these days? Just DISH. Our old Satellite provider (Direct TV), upsells and makes promises that they conveniently forgot to put into writing, installed bad equipment (which they have had to replace at least 5 times because it was faulty), they had constant rate increases, AT&T owns DirecTV but hasn't combined them with their billing, so you have to go on a search just to pay a bill.

DISH TV IS THE ONLY COMPANY I WOULD RECOMMEND. They are a Premium Company that is priced for the average American family. I have Zero complaints and nothing but High Praise and good things to say. They do not have hidden charges and a company that Seriously Is for the Customer. If you have an issue with your services, They Will Fix It very promptly and to your satisfaction. GUARANTEED!

Original review: March 23, 2021

Our previous service refused to work with our TV service. Refused to send a service tech to our home for inside repairs on cable, charged a sports surcharge when we don't watch sports, raised our price to $50 more a month and told me that TV through cable and satellite are going to be a thing of the past since people are "streaming" everything! We switched to Dish and the next day received a coupon in the mail stating if we signed up we could get a $300 gift card. I called didn't think I would qualify since I signed up the day before and they said no problem they sent me a gift card! We love the service, have so many more channels than the previous service.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

After ten years with the other satellite tv company, and them wanting to raise my cost by $78 per month, I switched to Dish. Apparent immediately was the advanced technology of Dish. The other company doesn't even come close. Dish is far advanced with HD, locals, voice remote, programming packages, and anything else you can name. I haven't needed their customer service yet, so I can't review that, but I have been able to find answers to any questions I've had by going to Youtube. Dish has numerous self help video's available, which sure beats sitting on the phone forever to speak to someone, like the other company. Beautiful picture and ease of use wrap it all up.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

DISH network has a great selection of channels and packages. Their pricing compared to other satellite and cable companies is very competitive, and they offer great incentives. We have used Xfinity and Hulu to provide our primary TV channels and packages, and DISH is better priced with more options for packages, and more available content overall. The downside to DISH is that their wireless hoppers do not work consistently. They often lose signal and take several minute to reestablish connection. This is a hopper issue and not an internet issue as all other wireless devices will function even when the hopper goes down. This does not occur with any hardwired DISH box or hopper, only the wireless version.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Dish's customer service is excellent, their equipment is top notch, and modifying your programming is quick and simple. However, I give them a 4 because like most other providers of channels, Dish packages items rather than allowing one to choose only what they want to watch. This means that you are stuck with a myriad of channels that you don't want, but you have to pay extra beyond your "package rate" to get the channels that you do want. Given that issue, Dish still is a cut above every satellite TV provider that I've had in the past.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I signed a 1 yr contract. 1 month later my local channels were removed. I called to complain they said they were working on getting them back. I said I want out of my contract they aren’t holding up their end on providing the local channels I’m paying for. They said no. I had to pay to get out of my contract after 2 mo. w/ them. Why am I required to pay for a service I was not provided???

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Dish constantly keeps taking channels away from its customers. We just recently signed a 1 yr. Contract with them. Then Bam. Some of our local channels. Were taken away. No concern for their customers. Some of us, use TV as our Entertainment. That includes LOCAL CHANNELS. Since we originally signed up with Dish we lost HBO we lost FX channels, for extended time, CW and now some of our locals. Plus they have discontinued some channels. Whatever happened to taking care of the customer. We pay for the service. We expect to get all the channels we pay for. It's all about Money not the customer. This review gets a 1 star to post. I give 0000. For my personal review.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Dish continues to profit from contract negotiations with channel providers. The channel/content is removed from the customer, but the customer sees no reduction in bill. This should be illegal charging for a product or service not being provided.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I have had DISH tv and internet service for 20 plus years. It is reliable and fast at a very reasonable price. I highly recommend this service for your internet needs. Their customer service is also outstanding.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I had actually been relatively happy with Dish Network. Then right before the NBA season starts, they drop AT&T Sports network. This is one of the main reasons I pay for TV, so that I can watch the Utah Jazz games. Dish Network is relatively useless to me now, and I will be switching providers when my contract is over. Maybe I'll even suck it up and pay the early out fee.

DISH author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1980, DISH Network now provides paid TV to almost 14 million subscribers. The company, headquartered in Meridian, Colorado, is the second-largest satellite TV provider in the United States.

• Flexible payment: DISH network accepts Bitcoin as a payment method for those who prefer the cyber currency.

• Fantasy and reality: Subscribers can watch a game and look at their fantasy football stats to chart their team's progress, using DISH Network Hopper.

• Watch from anywhere: DISH Network allows access to recorded shows from anywhere, as long as there is an Internet connection.

• No up-charge on HD: DISH Network offers free HD channels, and it does not charge extra for the high-quality imaging.

• Promotional offers available: DISH Network sign-up promotions allow customers to get extra channels with a 24-month contract commitment.

DISH Network Company Information