Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

DISH Network
3.16/5
Based on 2,183 ratings submitted in the last year

DISH Network Reviews

ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

6186 DISH Network Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 27, 2019

My mother's television was showing no signal and so she called for tech support. The first person who answered, she didn't get his name, didn't listen to her and kept saying there was nothing he could do to help because it was obviously a problem with her TV. I called back for her and spoke with a lady named Joy and, yes, it did turn out out that the TV was on the wrong setting, but she took the time to listen and helped us figure out what the actual problem was. I don't know if this will get back to her employers but I really appreciate her patience and her taking the time to help with kindness.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have to say after reading so many bad reviews on here I was really hesitant to have Dish installed at my home, but I decided to go ahead and sign up for service and make the switch from cable and I am very glad I did. I have 1 hopper 3 and 2 joey 3.0s installed in my home and they work extremely well with no issues. The technician arrived promptly on time right at the beginning of my appointment and he did an excellent job on the installation. He was highly experienced. Not to mention he did the install on a very cold day, about zero degrees outside with 30 mph winds. I did not want the Dish mounted on my brand new roof and he was able to accommodate my request. He was able to install on a pole in my yard with clear line of sight and strong signal. He was also able to connect to the existing coax ports in my house which was awesome.

Overall the Hopper 3 and Joey receivers are great with excellent picture quality. Since the install, we've had heavy snowstorms and ice storms and very high 40 mph wind gusts in Michigan (here the weather is terrible 90 percent of the time) and have not had any issues with my picture. The service hasn't even blinked one second and my TVs run 24/7 in my home. The technician really made sure I had great signal, and I guess it also helps that I do not have many tall trees in my yard. I was really reluctant to get Dish after reading about the many problems people have the signal, but I've had none and customer service was great as well.

I made the switch from AT&T U-verse and I'm glad I did. The U-verse TV would go out frequently on a weekly basis for me. I could have gone with Comcast or WOW for cable, but I've had them both before in the past and both were bad experiences for me. The only one I've never had until now was DISH and so far it's the best experience I've had so far and they have the best technology in my honest opinion compared to what I've had so far. Honestly before I made the switch, I thought I would be taking a step backwards switching from cable to satellite but that is not the case as service is very reliable. I am just an honest customer. I am not paid for this review. I had many bad experiences with AT&T, Comcast, and WOW. I've had them all and neither were good.

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Would love to just have channels I want without having to pay for packages and foreign language channels. It is pretty bad when we have to pay Dish to watch tv and Comcast for internet cause we can't bundle so my cost is well over 200.00 a month and I have to pay for 2 packs to get 1 channel on each. And now we don't get HBO my main channel we watched. If not by April I will change co. I don't want to miss GOT or continue missing John Oliver and Bill Mahr. Very disturbed about having to pay, my other option is go cableless and check out movies in library.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Dish has kept its prices stable and has great follow up on customer questions. They also stand up to the network’s demand for higher costs. The signal is rarely interrupted in my experience and the picture quality is great. I'm not happy with ESPN forcing you to buy their package to watch most of the football bowl games. What happened to competition?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Dish. They offer good deals, from time to time you have a few days in which you have access to subscription channels for free. The bill does not go up like it used to do with Time Warner Cable. If you ever have a problem, they fix it fast and efficiently. Customer care is excellent. If I go on vacation, I get to put it on hold easily. I have had Dish for 5 years and love them!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Our dish went out and completely lost signal, we have tried for days to get through to customer service. Wait times are 40+ minutes, then when you finally get through to somebody was disconnected not once but twice and no one called us back. Finally, got through to someone and set up a service appointment, rearranged my schedule so someone could be here, waited that morning and got an email that said it wasn’t scheduled until the following Tuesday, have gone a week and a half without service and it will be another week until we can get somebody to come out to our home. They claim to work 24/7 But, yet never have any availability for someone to come out for service.

We left one network to go with the Dish Network because we heard how good they were, The hopper has to update every day in the middle of your shows, it’s just such a huge inconvenience and I’m so disgusted. "There’s nothing we can do" is what I’m being told, they make you give them a rating so I had to pick a star but I would give them ZERO about of 5 stars...I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I MEAN anyone.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I cancelled my service in May 2018, have returned all equipment at that time. Today August 15, 2019, I received an email stating that the smart card has been received, and two emails saying my service has been cancelled and they will be sending boxes to return my equipment. I have not paid since I have cancelled my service, and the credit card I used has been cancelled, so I know it can’t be charged. But I wonder about a company that takes over a year to acknowledge receipt of equipment and still has my account number showing up when I cancelled over a year ago. I now use Hulu live and have all channels I want and can cancel anytime.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I would not recommend Dish to anyone. I was lied to from the start. Before I signed I asked for the customer service phone #. I wanted to make sure I was calling a USA phone & would talk to an English speaking AMERICAN as I was told I would be able to do. That did happen with that number & was the last time I was able to understand anyone. I need a new remote but that has prompted being on endless being on hold with never resulting in speaking to any one that was in the correct department. I have well over 2 hours invested in a simple problem.

I was also told that there was very little downtime with this service yet with the slightest weather passing thru it goes off. The salesman who came to the door told me he talked to my neighbor who was supposed to of had Dish service for a while & was told she said she had no weather problems. Another lie. He never talked to her about this and she said she did not say anything of the sort. It has been the worst tv service I have ever had. Do not fall for their lies and horrible service....

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Switched to Dish 6 months ago. Been very unhappy since. They screwed up the installation first, had to go 3 days without TV. The stinking thing has to update every single day, in the middle of your shows. Tried to reset the time to middle of night and it won't update. Now we are going to lose our local channel we depend on for news and weather. Pandora that we have on constantly shuts off every 2 hours, with a message that asks if you're still listening and that they pay for us to listen. I DON'T THINK SO! Worst choice we ever made. I think we need a lawyer.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I have been a DISH customer for over 10 years and just called them to cancel my service and was informed that I would have to pay an early termination fee! Besides being grossly overcharged for monthly rental fees for THEIR equipment, now this! Not to mention that I have to box up all of the equipment to ship back to them...option to just take equipment to a local office isn’t an alternative. Refer a friend?!? I would only refer someone that I REALLY didn’t like.

DISH expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1980, DISH Network now provides paid TV to almost 14 million subscribers. The company, headquartered in Meridian, Colorado, is the second-largest satellite TV provider in the United States.

• Flexible payment: DISH network accepts Bitcoin as a payment method for those who prefer the cyber currency.

• Fantasy and reality: Subscribers can watch a game and look at their fantasy football stats to chart their team's progress, using DISH Network Hopper.

• Watch from anywhere: DISH Network allows access to recorded shows from anywhere, as long as there is an Internet connection.

• No up-charge on HD: DISH Network offers free HD channels, and it does not charge extra for the high-quality imaging.

• Promotional offers available: DISH Network sign-up promotions allow customers to get extra channels with a 24-month contract commitment.

• Best for: Television fans who watch a range of programs and households on a budget.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs