DISH Network

DISH Network Reviews

3.6/5 (1670 ratings)

About DISH Network Reviews

DISH Network Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH Network?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

Original review: March 23, 2021

Our previous service refused to work with our TV service. Refused to send a service tech to our home for inside repairs on cable, charged a sports surcharge when we don't watch sports, raised our price to $50 more a month and told me that TV through cable and satellite are going to be a thing of the past since people are "streaming" everything! We switched to Dish and the next day received a coupon in the mail stating if we signed up we could get a $300 gift card. I called didn't think I would qualify since I signed up the day before and they said no problem they sent me a gift card! We love the service, have so many more channels than the previous service.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

After ten years with the other satellite tv company, and them wanting to raise my cost by $78 per month, I switched to Dish. Apparent immediately was the advanced technology of Dish. The other company doesn't even come close. Dish is far advanced with HD, locals, voice remote, programming packages, and anything else you can name. I haven't needed their customer service yet, so I can't review that, but I have been able to find answers to any questions I've had by going to Youtube. Dish has numerous self help video's available, which sure beats sitting on the phone forever to speak to someone, like the other company. Beautiful picture and ease of use wrap it all up.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Overall, I like the Dish Network. The only thing I have a complaint about would be losing a basic channel like ABC & now CBS. There has some kind of dispute between those channels and my Carrier. I don't have any idea who is at fault. It previously happened with ABC (they finally they came to an agreement) and it was eventually restored. Now it is happening with CBS. I have a favorite program on that channel. It is frustrating to say the least. I'm not sure if other carriers experience the same problem or not.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

DISH network has a great selection of channels and packages. Their pricing compared to other satellite and cable companies is very competitive, and they offer great incentives. We have used Xfinity and Hulu to provide our primary TV channels and packages, and DISH is better priced with more options for packages, and more available content overall. The downside to DISH is that their wireless hoppers do not work consistently. They often lose signal and take several minute to reestablish connection. This is a hopper issue and not an internet issue as all other wireless devices will function even when the hopper goes down. This does not occur with any hardwired DISH box or hopper, only the wireless version.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Dish's customer service is excellent, their equipment is top notch, and modifying your programming is quick and simple. However, I give them a 4 because like most other providers of channels, Dish packages items rather than allowing one to choose only what they want to watch. This means that you are stuck with a myriad of channels that you don't want, but you have to pay extra beyond your "package rate" to get the channels that you do want. Given that issue, Dish still is a cut above every satellite TV provider that I've had in the past.

Original review: July 6, 2021

Random recordings say new all the time, very difficult to tell what really is new. Large icons make it more difficult to review or browse your recordings. The first available program is often skipped and the next one records (with no conflicts). As a whole just do not like the service, just counting down the days remaining on my contract.

Original review: July 5, 2021

This company keep charging fees after canceled. I unfortunately had to move to a different house and I canceled my service but I still getting a bill even when they don't know my address. I call customer service but they didn't do anything about it.

Original review: July 4, 2021

Stay away from Dish Network, they overcharge you on your account and take warranty off your account without your permission. Remove programs from your account. Stay away this company. Stay away. Stay away. Stay away.

Original review: July 4, 2021

I called Dish to get prices on bundle and the Dish sales person says they need to get all my info before he can give me prices. Wow. Hell no I am just shopping, not giving out my personal info just for a bundle price. Red flag. Why so they can go through all my stuff after. Crooks.

Original review: June 29, 2021

I called to informed them that a tree branch had fell on their cable due to the recent rain storm in Detroit. We never had Dish but the previous owners did. DTE and our insurance company told us to have them come out and remove their or secure their cable. The manager was so rude. If ever thought about getting Dish those thoughts left immediately while speaking to the rude manager. No empathy! Just stuck to script, "We don't remove our equipment, you have to pay for someone to come out." Why would I pay for someone to remove their equipment that I never utilized smh? Customer Service is becoming a loss commodity.

DISH author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1980, DISH Network now provides paid TV to almost 14 million subscribers. The company, headquartered in Meridian, Colorado, is the second-largest satellite TV provider in the United States.

• Flexible payment: DISH network accepts Bitcoin as a payment method for those who prefer the cyber currency.

• Fantasy and reality: Subscribers can watch a game and look at their fantasy football stats to chart their team's progress, using DISH Network Hopper.

• Watch from anywhere: DISH Network allows access to recorded shows from anywhere, as long as there is an Internet connection.

• No up-charge on HD: DISH Network offers free HD channels, and it does not charge extra for the high-quality imaging.

• Promotional offers available: DISH Network sign-up promotions allow customers to get extra channels with a 24-month contract commitment.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team