DISH Network Reviews

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

DISH Network Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH Network?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I have had DISH NETWORK for 12 years and have about had it! They continue to get into contract disputes with networks and my local and/or movie channels are removed. A local channel may be removed, yet, I am still being charged for it! This time, they cannot come to an agreement with SCRIPPS and I cannot get NBC and haven't been able to for a month. I was given one day's notice and then it was gone. I totally lost HBO a couple of years ago and never did get that back.

In addition, I once paid my bill on time, as I always do, and the next bill I received had a late fee. I contacted my bank and the bank reported that, in fact, DISH NETWORK, had withdrawn their payment before the due date. I had to call several times to get these charges removed before I had to actually copy my bank statement to prove to DISH NETWORK they had been paid timely. Furthermore, a cloud in the sky, and I lose my programming for who knows how long! Finally, I have a remote that isn't working properly and am afraid to contact DISH NETWORK for fear of them requiring further contracts from me. I am sick and tired of their poor customer service, instability with channels and weather related events and overall lack of compassion. I wouldn't recommend DISH NETWORK to anyone and will be changing networks when my contract expires.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Horrible experience with installation to start with. Tech was in a bad mood and threw his ladder all over the place including over my side fence which could have hit my dogs or anyone here. I had to help him move my entertainment center. Told me he didn’t watch tv and couldn’t show me the remote. He left right away for me to put everything back! Worst service ever!! Google on the remote works 50% of the time and I have to reset my box for internet weekly. I have Comcast internet and it never goes out. This company is crap. Should have paid double and stayed with Comcast for tv -20 stars

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I have been with Dish Network for 10 yrs. With the exception of one year, they have raised my rates every 6 months, after 10 years. I spend much more money for far fewer stations now than when I started with them. I called them close to 4 weeks ago about losing ABC and asked for a discount for not having ABC and was told they would not give me a discount. And now after a full month I am still not getting ABC which I pay for and Dish has done nothing to resolve this situation.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Dish and direct are priced the same.. With the smallest package offered is %9.95 per month for over 100 channels. Senior retired citizens only want/need basic channel compliment and live in rural areas where over the air broadcasts are not available. With fixed incomes, a $25-30 monthly price point would be affordable/reasonable for a limited number of channels. So many just don't subscribe and forced to pay for a package of channels that will never be watched.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

Was overcharged for over a year 60.00 a month then asked for help getting FOX news that I'm sure I'm paying for that was dropped. They told me you could get this kit to get it thru the hopper. One rep told me 49.00 dollars so I called back and now it's 79.00. I have overpaid by 720.00 + and the want to stick it to me again. When my times up I will be changing unless there customer service changes and they start thinking about the customer more than how much they can get out of you. I think they have made enough off me over 720+ and still want a little more. The installers were the best and the DishNet were very dishonest. Watch them.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Had to cancel service with Dish Network due to bad equipment. Technician wanted to wire my whole house with new wires. I stated that wasn't going to happen. He wasn't going to drill holes into my house. He went ahead and installed the equipment and was throwing it all over the place. He broke wires in the wall and had to fix them. He left in our reception was terrible. We had broken up pixels and had to restart the receiver several times.

They tried everything to fix it and couldn't get it to work right so they sent out a new technician. He added some parts that made it work a little better but the Joeys would restart during the middle of a movie. The pixels were constantly breaking up. So we canceled the service which we had a 2-year contract which was prorated and they ended up charging me 300 dollars because I didn't fulfill the contract for bad service. They became very rude and demanded their money. We were with dish for 15 years and got treated like crap after Covid-19 started up. They got money hungry. We will never go back to Dish again.

You can watch better programming off the internet and stream it through apps on a smart TV. We pay only $12 a month for programs we have with no contract. We have several channels way above what we had with dish that work great much better than dish could ever offer us. So I suggest that you buy a smart TV and use the internet and save yourself thousands of dollars. We have so much more options than we had with Dish. Steer away from Dish Network. Trust me. They will do to you what they did to us.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Horrible customer service tried to change my account to vacation tueb. They charged me full price when I came back online. Held me captive on the phone to cancel. People were rude and took 30+ minutes each time in the phone.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I was told from one of their customer service reps that he didnt care if I was dissatisfied. They offered a 100.00 gift card that never came but was told by rep that I had to call Comcast to get my card. Why would I need to call a different cable service for a card that's from Dish. I am totally unsatisfied. I should have stayed with DirecTV. I cant cancel this dish junk because it will cost 480.00 to cancel.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

Terrible customer service. Terrible business practices. I have been with them for three years. My bill continues to go up. I have been supposed to have a $40 bill credit but have yet to see it. When asked they know nothing about it.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Customer service with this company is the worst. First I was on hold for 20 minutes then another 25 minutes reviewing my complaint and still, nothing was resolved. I would not recommend this company. They get an F.

DISH author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1980, DISH Network now provides paid TV to almost 14 million subscribers. The company, headquartered in Meridian, Colorado, is the second-largest satellite TV provider in the United States.

• Flexible payment: DISH network accepts Bitcoin as a payment method for those who prefer the cyber currency.

• Fantasy and reality: Subscribers can watch a game and look at their fantasy football stats to chart their team's progress, using DISH Network Hopper.

• Watch from anywhere: DISH Network allows access to recorded shows from anywhere, as long as there is an Internet connection.

• No up-charge on HD: DISH Network offers free HD channels, and it does not charge extra for the high-quality imaging.

• Promotional offers available: DISH Network sign-up promotions allow customers to get extra channels with a 24-month contract commitment.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team