DISH Network Reviews

DISH Network
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5
Based on 1,679 ratings submitted in the last year

DISH Network Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH Network?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

Original review: March 23, 2021

Our previous service refused to work with our TV service. Refused to send a service tech to our home for inside repairs on cable, charged a sports surcharge when we don't watch sports, raised our price to $50 more a month and told me that TV through cable and satellite are going to be a thing of the past since people are "streaming" everything! We switched to Dish and the next day received a coupon in the mail stating if we signed up we could get a $300 gift card. I called didn't think I would qualify since I signed up the day before and they said no problem they sent me a gift card! We love the service, have so many more channels than the previous service.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

After ten years with the other satellite tv company, and them wanting to raise my cost by $78 per month, I switched to Dish. Apparent immediately was the advanced technology of Dish. The other company doesn't even come close. Dish is far advanced with HD, locals, voice remote, programming packages, and anything else you can name. I haven't needed their customer service yet, so I can't review that, but I have been able to find answers to any questions I've had by going to Youtube. Dish has numerous self help video's available, which sure beats sitting on the phone forever to speak to someone, like the other company. Beautiful picture and ease of use wrap it all up.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

DISH network has a great selection of channels and packages. Their pricing compared to other satellite and cable companies is very competitive, and they offer great incentives. We have used Xfinity and Hulu to provide our primary TV channels and packages, and DISH is better priced with more options for packages, and more available content overall. The downside to DISH is that their wireless hoppers do not work consistently. They often lose signal and take several minute to reestablish connection. This is a hopper issue and not an internet issue as all other wireless devices will function even when the hopper goes down. This does not occur with any hardwired DISH box or hopper, only the wireless version.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Dish's customer service is excellent, their equipment is top notch, and modifying your programming is quick and simple. However, I give them a 4 because like most other providers of channels, Dish packages items rather than allowing one to choose only what they want to watch. This means that you are stuck with a myriad of channels that you don't want, but you have to pay extra beyond your "package rate" to get the channels that you do want. Given that issue, Dish still is a cut above every satellite TV provider that I've had in the past.

Original review: June 6, 2020

Very helpful when there is an issue which requires a technician.. will waive fee. The field technicians are absolutely amazing. In contrast, phone Technical support needs retraining, rep was quite rude.. said he was not sending out another technician until 4 days because issues could not be resolved via phone. Strange and complete stupidity. Been complaining about this for years now and NO RESOLUTION.. that payment due notice that pops up 2 days prior to due date in center of tv, DOES NOT go away until approximately 10 days. Paid my bill from the 26th and it’s the 6th of a new month and it’s still a menace. They will tell you, press Cancel button on remote 3 times etc and all the garb and nothing works.. my visitors will think I constantly can’t pay my bill.. ridiculous!

Original review: April 12, 2021

Before you upgrade to The Hopper, check with your internet provider. The Hopper is an internet hog. I called Dish because I kept getting buffering, I could not access my Roku and I had to reset my system many, many times. Of course, this wasn't their fault. It was my internet. Now I have to get different internet service or not use any of the features that were promised. Or find an ethernet cable and plug the hopper directly into my Hopper box. And all of this cost me more money. I have been with Dish for over 20 years. They stopped using the system I had so the only option was to pay more money and upgrade. Feeling very frustrated and it all costs me more money. What a joke! Really wishing I never upgraded.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I called to get Dish, and was promised Showtime, Starz and The Movie package free for 3 months and a $125 gift card. I didn't get ANY of that. I called, after installation and was given Showtime for only 2 months, but the other two for 3 months I was told that the $125 gift card would be mailed to me in 6 to 8 weeks. No card ever received. I called and was told that I was supposed to fill out forms and mail them back in order to get the gift card. First I heard of that. They said that the offer expired. No gift card for me. A week after Dish was installed, they stopped carrying two of my favorite channels: CBS, and the CW. I contacted Dish and was told that I could get those channels if I buy an antenna. All of my dealings with Dish made me wish that I never got it in the first place. Please save yourself aggravation and money by looking for a different tv provider.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Bill is always different. Best channels are gone. Can’t wait for my 2 years to be up. I’m paying for platinum package and for what. Can’t watch the Warriors because they removed the channel. You guys need to get your ** together before you have no subscribers.

Original review: April 3, 2021

I signed up just two months ago. I was so displeased with the service I spent $500 just to cancel it. Horrible horrible horrible. You’ll regret it. Go somewhere else. They promised me a bundle and went back on their promise. Then had me pay more for the channel. A month later they removed it.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Been with Dish Network over 25 years. They worked with us on programming, moves, equipment and we were satisfied. A year ago, our older system failed, and they installed newer equipment. Recently they terminated most of the channels we watched. When I called to work out some arrangement to correct the problem, they could not help, and kept reading to me from press releases rather than offering any sort of compensation or a deal. So we moved to a competitor. Now they are charging an outrageous fee against a presumed contract for equipment we didn't ask for or want that they recommended to fix the failure. I used to promote Dish because they treated us right; now I know: they are a zero on the star scale, and there's no chance they will improve soon.

DISH author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1980, DISH Network now provides paid TV to almost 14 million subscribers. The company, headquartered in Meridian, Colorado, is the second-largest satellite TV provider in the United States.

• Flexible payment: DISH network accepts Bitcoin as a payment method for those who prefer the cyber currency.

• Fantasy and reality: Subscribers can watch a game and look at their fantasy football stats to chart their team's progress, using DISH Network Hopper.

• Watch from anywhere: DISH Network allows access to recorded shows from anywhere, as long as there is an Internet connection.

• No up-charge on HD: DISH Network offers free HD channels, and it does not charge extra for the high-quality imaging.

• Promotional offers available: DISH Network sign-up promotions allow customers to get extra channels with a 24-month contract commitment.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team