DISH Network

DISH Network Reviews

3.7/5 (1937 ratings)

About DISH Network Reviews

DISH Network Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH Network?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

Original review: April 6, 2022

Great customer service support & Easy install. They have great pricing. I get signal in thunderstorms, with my previous company I didn't. I love how the remote control lights up as soon as you touch it. You can auto tune your whole night & day of shows. DVR included and many more features that I didn't get with my previous company. I was with another company for 15+ years and this month they wouldn't give me a loyalty discount. I could not afford $115.99 a month for TV service. Decided to try Dish and I'm glad I switched. I highly recommend Dish!

Original review: July 18, 2021

We have been quite surprised with the reception and quality of Service from Dish. What is really nice is when we have a storm Dish automatically switches from HD to SD. Obviously the quality of the picture is not up to HD but we can still watch the program. When we have had to speak with Dish the Customer Service has been very good. Dish is significantly better than DIRECTV our previous provider.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2021

The technician who set up our Dish was very knowledgeable and friendly. The technician actually dug the ditch for the wiring to be underground. Other companies made us have the ditch dug before they got there. We also love the fact that if our satellite goes out due to bad weather we can still watch our recorded movies.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I've been happy with them for over 10 years. There's a good selection of channels and it's much less expensive than Comcast. The service doesn't go out and the remote makes it easy to navigate. I can also record more shows than I'd ever need to. I have a joey for the 2nd TV and the box for that is really small.

Original review: July 13, 2021

From the sales pitch to the installation, Very informative and professional. We have had Other Satellite services, and differences are amazing. Instead of trying to Upsell and over charge, DISH actually went to work to find every possible discount (break) they could find. The salesperson even recommended a specific installer, Who I personally would recommend, this person went beyond his scope of installation, and made sure that we were not just satisfied, but informed on every feature, discount and every question was answered in detail. Who does this these days? Just DISH. Our old Satellite provider (Direct TV), upsells and makes promises that they conveniently forgot to put into writing, installed bad equipment (which they have had to replace at least 5 times because it was faulty), they had constant rate increases, AT&T owns DirecTV but hasn't combined them with their billing, so you have to go on a search just to pay a bill.

DISH TV IS THE ONLY COMPANY I WOULD RECOMMEND. They are a Premium Company that is priced for the average American family. I have Zero complaints and nothing but High Praise and good things to say. They do not have hidden charges and a company that Seriously Is for the Customer. If you have an issue with your services, They Will Fix It very promptly and to your satisfaction. GUARANTEED!

Original review: May 10, 2022

So, my parents got a contract in 2020, but both passed away within 3 weeks of each other about a year later. After the house was cleaned out, I (as their surviving son) was unable to find any equipment to return and was charged $500 even after writing them explaining the situation (I probably could have bought equivalent used gear on eBay for about $150, but the serial numbers would not have matched). If I could give ZERO stars, I would.

Original review: May 9, 2022

After almost 5 years with Dish we were forced to cancel due to ever increasing monthly cost. I cancelled on April 21st and was told at least three times I would receive a credit of $63.95 and NO FURTHER CHARGES would be taken from my auto pay through my bank account. Now they have deducted $75.11. Calls are recorded and I asked for a playback to verify what I was told. You have to get a subpoena to hear the recording!! DO NOT believe what they tell you. Warning!! This company is deceitful. I will NEVER do business with them again.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I had Dish for 3 years, 9 months. Best overall television experience. Easy to use and follow. I had to cancel following a death in family and fall that kept me from working. I paid auto pay each month. Because I canceled two months early on contract they still want to charge me 41.00 early termination fee. Make sure you are aware of what you are signing up for because they will not help at all.

Original review: May 6, 2022

DO NOT SIGN UP WITH DISH!!!! Since the minute I signed up I have had one problem after another. Too many to list here. I should have known when the guy who signed me up put my name wrong and then proceeded to tell me he couldn't change it. What the hell?? I have spoken to 10 people, multiple depts., hours on the phone and no one can get the wrong name off my acct. I finally got MY name added but this other name can't be removed. I am now told it's a joint acct.!!! This company is a nightmare!!!!

Original review: April 30, 2022

Guys please be extra careful with Jordan the person I talked to. He is extremely pressurizing to sign you into contract by providing limited information. It's 24 months contract. They hide the information. I was told multiple lies during my conversation with Jordan. He couldn't verify how long I have my account paid for. I was told I have prorated charges, early termination fee. So anything to change your mind. He will not stop till he gets what he wants. Lot of companies are going in that direction. Extreme pressure sales withholding information. Don't not let up and back down on your stand. Don't give your payment information. Don't sign up for anything right away with Dish as well as any other company in today's world.

DISH author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1980, DISH Network now provides paid TV to almost 14 million subscribers. The company, headquartered in Meridian, Colorado, is the second-largest satellite TV provider in the United States.

• Flexible payment: DISH network accepts Bitcoin as a payment method for those who prefer the cyber currency.

• Fantasy and reality: Subscribers can watch a game and look at their fantasy football stats to chart their team's progress, using DISH Network Hopper.

• Watch from anywhere: DISH Network allows access to recorded shows from anywhere, as long as there is an Internet connection.

• No up-charge on HD: DISH Network offers free HD channels, and it does not charge extra for the high-quality imaging.

• Promotional offers available: DISH Network sign-up promotions allow customers to get extra channels with a 24-month contract commitment.

DISH Network Company Information