DISH Network

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I don't like dish network, been a customer since 7/16 and I keep having problems with this. I kept losing signal to the point I couldn't watch anything because it kept restarting and even when I record couldn't see nothing. I got at least 5 techs come to the house but still the same - wouldn't recommend this to anybody else.

I have been a DISH customer for over 7 years. The service that they offered continued to get worse over the years. There were service interruptions for hours at a time, even when weather couldn't have been a factor. The past couple months that I was a DISH customer were horrid. They charged me an install for moving (even though you are supposed to have one free install a year). Then, right after they installed my service, everything stopped working. They tried to help me troubleshoot the issues over the phone. They came to the conclusion that my DISH dvr hard drive was corrupted. I asked why that would happen, and they said it's because I had some shows saved for too long. I've never heard of such a thing. So, I lost all my recordings, and scheduled recordings. They said that they would send me a new dvr box. They said they sent it with overnight delivery. I didn't receive my dvr that week.

So, I called to complain, and the manager said that there is no way to send it with overnight delivery. So, I asked for a credit on my account because it was going on two weeks without service. He gave me a whopping $5.00 off my bill. When I finally got my dvr, I called DISH to walk me through setting it up. And, that dvr wouldn't work either. So, they said that there is probably an issue with my TV, some kind of short that is frying out the dvr. So, they sent a technician out 3 days later. He did lot of tests on my TV, and my outlets, and determined that I was sent a faulty box, and that it had nothing to do with anything on my end. So, that technician didn't have a spare box on him (why would he not have that?) so he set me up with another appointment to have a new box installed.

They tried to bill me for having another technician come out. At this point, I was livid. I was out of service for almost 3 weeks now, and they are trying to charge me because of their broken equipment? So, I tried to call customer service again. They said that there was nothing they could do, other than offer me HBO for a promotional price for 6 months. I told them that I don't want HBO for a "promotional price" for 6 months, I'm not giving them any more money. So, they sent my call to a manager, and that manager offered me two free movie codes. Unbelievable. Finally, I'd had enough, so I cancelled my service. I didn't want to pay for yet another installation, when it wasn't my fault that I was sent a faulty DISH box. So, they told me that I couldn't cancel my service until the end of my billing cycle, which was another 2 weeks away.

So I called back on the end of my service date to cancel, and they then told me that I have to cancel before my bill is generated. I explained to them that I called two weeks ago to cancel, and they told me to call back now! They apologized and said that "wasn't in the notes." So, I got charged for 3 weeks in a month that I didn't even have service, plus an entire new month that I didn't have service. They told me that I had to send back my old dvr, and said that they would send me a postage paid box. I never received it. So, they charged me almost 200.00 for an unreturned equipment fee!

So, I called them back to have them resend the equipment box. And he said that it was showing as "delivered at door." I told him that I never got it. So, he said that he can send a new box for 10.00 charge. I asked him if I could just take the equipment to my nearest DISH location in order to avoid that 10.00 charge. And he said no, everything has to be done through the mail. I told him that it wasn't right that I was being charged 10.00 for a replacement box, when they never delivered the first one! He said that, because it's a closed account, there is nothing that can find to waive that.

He then informed me that my last bill is in collections. I asked him how that was possible, because I'm not that far past due! And, all he said was that my bill was sent to a third party collection agency two days ago. That made absolutely no sense to me. But, he said he can take a payment in full right now. I told him I don't have over 300.00 to pay for 2 months of service I didn't have, and a unreturned equipment fee for equipment that I've been trying to return to you! I would not recommend DISH to anyone. They constantly raise their prices, they don't reimburse you for days that you are without service, there are constant service interruptions, and you will see charges on your bill that shouldn't be there. Plus, they charge an arm and a leg for things that other companies would do for free. DISH is terrible company. I have no idea how they are still in business.

I have been with DISH since 2013. I signed up for the $79.99 bundle. After the special was over they removed a couple of channels I liked. I ended up paying an extra $20 to have those channels. During the 2015 NBA playoffs TNT was blocked so we were unable to see the NBA playoff games. I paid an extra $50 to receive the service. I was charged in July for that service. On my Sept. bill I saw where DISH charged me $50 for a NBA League pass. I called and told them I didn't sign up for the NBA league pass and could they remove it. They didn't.

I got my Oct. bill $50 for the NBA for Sept. was still there and four more $50 dollar payments were placed on my account for NBA league pass. I called she gave me a $30 credit, but wouldn't remove the charges only the NBA League Pass from my services which I never saw on TV. They gave me the explanation I never opt out of the program. DUH I never signed up for it. So now I'm stuck with an extra $156 dollar bill on top of my cable. My total bill for Nov. $299. What a rip-off. I've never experienced this type of service with a cable company. I'm finished with this company.

Dish Network keeps raising their prices and I continue to question whether moving to DirecTV is a good thing. Looking at my channels... I am trying to figure out if, in my 250 package, whether I watch the channels on my list or whether new channels have been added. Pathetically, there are NO descriptions of the channels, only names. Dish has admitted THEY DON'T HAVE A DESCRIPTION LIST. They suggested I try looking somewhere on the internet as it may be there. I guess I am supposed to step through all 250 channels and try to figure out their content. That should take about 2 days. Great service, Dish.

I have been a faithful customer for nearly 5 years: always paid my bills, not always on time but ALWAYS. Called at the end of October about my bill since I was never emailed, mailed or sent one across my screen; I always called at the end of the month to set up payment arrangements since I was one month behind on payments. However, I always catched up income tax season. Once I spoke with the customer service agent she assured me that I did not have a bill due for the month. I asked her again and again, and she kept telling me not to worry about the bill, Dish hadn't charged me. I believed her and did not pay the bill, thinking that maybe it was a promo since I had been overbilled lately and had called about it previously.

To make a long story short, since that time, it has been like a nightmare: received a bill from dish last Tuesday for 360.00, which included a past due from Sept. (138.00) which I knew I had, October's bill, and November’s! Wtf? Called immediately about the bill. The first rep I spoke with pulled up my account and confirmed that he saw where I did call and speak with a rep concerning my bill around the Oct.-Nov. Time frame, but that the account notes didn’t read anything like I had said; I became angry and spoke with a supervisor named Gee. He basically told me the same thing, that even though I had called, the account notes did not reflect what I had claimed, and even if it was true, I still had to pay the bill for services rendered and I had to pay that month. Had to argue with several 3 different people all that time!

My husband was lying right beside me in bed and heard the entire conversation; he even asked me why hadn't I switched companies years ago since I had to argue and cry about my bills every month for years with them. Called back the next week after filing the complaints and once more went through hell: this time with Jennifer, and to a lesser extent, Daniel at the office of the president with Dish. I was only trying to leave a complaint, but Jennifer argued with me like I had showed up on her home doorstep trying to steal her dog; I could not get a word in edgewise, and she told me that if I was worried about my bill, that I should've went online "to check" my "account" on my own. They were not to blame. After several more minutes of her trying to explain my bill to me (which I never asked her to do) I finally hung up only to call back several more times to get Daniel.

He was a little more calm and respectful, but he finally showed his true colors and operate the Dish way by telling me that although I did pay my bill every months for five years, Dish was loyal to me as well by providing me service! Had enough of Dish and their arrogant, disrespectful, cheating ways. Filed complaints with the B.B.B (complaint # **) and F.C.C (Ticket No. **); received a call from Christina this morning representing Dish. She claimed she reviewed my account and all taped my conversations, but that she couldn't find the one where I allegedly called back in Oct or the beginning of Nov, that I never called them! Furthermore, she claimed that there were no account notes from that day or conversation! She included that I had a history of late payments, anyway. Wow, unbelievable! All I could do was laugh.

After I had told her the story of why I had called back in Oct (was also to set up the payment arrangement which I admitted to having late payments). Why, after five years of steady payments, would I simply stop paying or fail to set up the arrangement as usual? She had my account history and could not see that? I reminded her that my husband had heard the entire conversation the day that I called and he could confirm it. As usual, like every Dish representative does she became angry, started yelling and accused me of calling her a liar and that they did not "erase tapes ". She said I was accusing them of "fraudulent activity", but they recorded all their conversations and I had not called them concerning any payment arrangements. She said that she would send a letter to me stating that, and they weren't doing a thing about it, to the attorney general and anybody else I contacted.

I have not lied about this. If you read the filed complaints, my story has not changed. Why would I lie about my bill after 5 years with the same company? I even moved and took the service with me. Do you think Dish cares? The only thing that Dish cares about from their faithful customers is money, money, and more money; constant price hikes and lineup drops. Their customer service reps are illiterate, uneducated high school dropouts who're always ready to lie for their company and argue at the drop of a dime. The company is cheap and takes no accountability for anything, be it mistakes their CSR's make or the company makes in general; but they hold their customers accountable for theirs and the companies mistakes. Anyone reading this do yourselves a favor! DO NOT sign up for their service!! As good as they make themselves out to be, Dish is manipulative and practices deception.

Their customer service is the worst in this country if not the world. They lure you in with promises of low bills, then steadily increase the prices and gouge you for any little cost or merchandise that they can. Right now, I am enduring undue stress and a 360.00 bill (128.00 for a month that hasn't been serviced yet! December!) 138.00 I admit is mine, but that’s it. Watch out!

Dish will also debit your account months after your service is done (make sure you've sent back their crappy 1990's receivers, good luck with any bills they claim you owe). Which I am also with Dish: DONE. Please heed this and don't make my 5-year mistake. If there are any other consumers out there also getting the "Dish" treatment, please let me know. I will gladly vouch for and participate in any class action against this company. This is not the only story I have to tell. It’s just the last straw. Will welcome any attorney input as to where I stand against this treatment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

We were good customers for 2 years but when we tried to cancel after price went up, we were treated rudely and the rep immediately turned off our signal. I tried to explain we already paid our bill and she told me to call Windstream. She would not give me a confirmation # and hung up on me after I waited on hold for 15 minutes. We had our Internet bundled with Dish -don't do it! When I called Windstream, they told me I should get a credit on our next bill but if not, we have to call Dish again... Don't get Dish! If you have any issues, they do not reimburse you for the time you were without TV and their customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with.

I was looking at the reviews Dish network has and they are bad. There is one that is what I'm experiencing. I got my text that my next payment is 167.99 and I have a contract for 3 years of 99.99 a month and last week I called that there was a charge of 107.00 and they told me the $7 was insurance I have to pay. Ok that's fine but now today I got a text telling my next bill 59.99 more because someone in my home order a fight on Friday nov 18 at 6:00 pm time and date. We were not home. No one was home and I have proof from my employer and the rest of my family were working too.

So tell me if they are not ripping people off if I'm the first one to get off work at 5:30 work in LA and leave in riverside ca on a Friday it's a two and half hour drive to get home and when I got home no was home. They got home 30 to an hour after I did so no one could have order that fight that we all don't know what's about. Dish say they can't take those charges off. Please I see someone from vegas on nov 20 they have done this to you too. If there is other people come forward. Let's sue Dish network.

Unbelievably Dish Network is worse than AT&T/DirecTV. I had DirecTV installed 3 years ago after AT&T kept raising the price. Everything was great with them until they were purchased by AT&T about a year ago. AT&T has horrible customer service, bad rates, and bad systems. So the price kept going up and the customer service deteriorated to a point that I could no longer tolerate.

Today I switched to Dish Network. When I called in they asked how many TV’s and what package I had. I told them 5 but I only need 4 boxes and the premier package until AT&T bought Direct. The agent who set it up I was told I would get a package that is price locked for 2-years and is somewhere between the Ultimate and Premier pack with Direct. All for $107 + $49 installation but not to worry because I would get $100 visa gift card to cover the install. Also I would have double the DVR space and could split a wireless receiver between the two tv’s, I didn’t realize this here but I already had 2 wireless boxes I could and had been splitting with Direct. That sounded great since I had been paying $150 with Direct.

When the install tech arrived he told her it would be an additional $26 to install the wireless box. She paid it and when I discovered this I asked and was told that it wasn’t on the order and to call in. He finished up the install and left. After he walked out the door I went and checked his work to find that the Dish itself is just sitting in my lawn with wires strewn about waiting to trip someone. Further I notice a giant hole has been drilled through my daughter's upstairs room and when I go outside I see that a wire is just nailed onto my siding and another giant hole drilled through the siding itself. Next I walk into the master bedroom and notice a GIANT box under the TV that matches the bulk of the one in the living room yet here my tv is sitting crooked and cocked to one side due to the box below it. Mind blowing to me to find all of these problems!

DirecTV installed ALL of it in one day including the dish itself AND didn’t have to drill any additional holes upstairs or have wires nailed to the siding or have large boxes everywhere. DirecTV’s 3 year old equipment is more modern than what was installed in my house today! The Dish network equipment looks the same as it did when my mom had the service 10 years ago. I can’t believe that each wireless box is an ADDITIONAL $26. At the end of 2016 here!

After all of this I called and spoke to customer service. I was told that they could upgrade the box to a more modern box. When asked why they didn’t do that before I was told I spoke to a 3rd party to set up their service. Same thing with the gift card I was promised, 3rd party. All they know is it takes one month to get the email and another 2 months to actually get the card, as long as you jump through all the hoops. I tell them to just unwind the whole deal and I’ll hook my old service up. I’m passed to a rude “president’s assistant” and told I’m locked in a 2-year contract that will cost $430 to exit. This was told to me before I had even used any of their services. So clearly this is a business tactic for them. Use a third party for sales, install outdated equipment, blame the 3rd party, and finally, evoke two year contract clause. After going to the review sites I find my story substantiated over and over.

Most people write reviews because they dislike a company and I am one of them but I decided that I am going to write about a company that has given me great service for 5 years. I rarely lose my TV service and it is generally due to a bad storm. Several years ago, after my divorce, I called in the middle of my contract and asked to reduce my services due to financial reasons. Dish was great about it and when I said that other companies were saying "no" or telling me that changing my plan will increase my rate, dish said "we like to keep our customers". I thanked them and I always recommend them to people when they state they are looking for TV service.

I attempted to sign up for Satellite television programming with Dish Network. I specifically requested to have Montana stations not Spokane stations. TVC has applied and been granted a petition for the Eureka, Tobacco Valley area to be excluded from the Spokane DMA and included in the Missoula DMA. MB Docket No. 15-152. CSR 8911-A. This petition was granted on Aug 16 2016. Dish refused to allow me to have local programming from the Missoula DMA. I would like this addressed since our local cable programming is phasing out over the next year and satellite coverage will be the only option for local news and programming. Over the air antenna coverage is spotty at best and non-existent at my address which is **.

After I went through the cancellation of my services, with unusual tactics/persuasion by the Dish agent to keep the service, they still auto charged my credit card for the following month. I called twice to get the refund and was assured I will be getting the money back. No such luck even til now. I chatted on-line and the agent told me that there was no refund on the file. Yet he promised me to issue one. Hoping for the best and that I don't have to dispute the charge. Also, I hope that they send me the return box in-time and not charge me $300 for the equipment. I am so happy that I am cancelling this service!

I called to cancel my account that I've held for over 12 years. The lady tried to convince me with a special offer and I denied. She continued to persuade me and I politely responded I would like to close the account. She went further and I stated she was going way over and requested I would like to stop the conversation and to move ahead with closing. After listening to me, she continued to persuade. I finally raised my voice and asked her to STOP. My experience with DISH cancellation customer service was disgusting, dealing with people who have no ethical values - DISASTROUS.

I waited for almost 10 days for the return box (I was told I had 30 days to return or be charged over $300 for the receiver, LNB, etc.). Just as I was getting ready to call for the return box, I received an email that the box was being shipped - GOOD. The next day I packed and returned the equipment via UPS. Within a week I received a confirmation email that the items have been received - VERY GOOD.

I had inquired about Dish to find out about the service. I was told they could get a signal regardless, of what may block a signal. This is untrue. I went on and decided to get Dish. Since, I had an appointment scheduled at 8-12AM. 12PM came and went no call of what was taking so long for the appointment. They would be out at 2-4, since, this was not my scheduled time for installation service. 4PM, came no show of technician. Received a remote phone call stating they would be out in 20 minutes. No show. Dish showed up at my residents at 6PM. This should have been a red flag of how they operate. After, their technician installed the dish. Okay picture. When technician left my home. The picture froze up, came back on, froze up. Then went completely black. My tv was completely black for 3 1/2 days. I called unable to reach anyone who would listen to my complaint about my tv going out.

Monday, I received 3 phones calls stating they were on their way to repair my TV. After the technician said, my tv was repaired. On the following day, Tuesday, TV went out again. I was furious. I called told Dish, I did not want the service any longer, because of the customer service issues. I was then transferred to someone who claimed to be an executive, and I would be responsible for all charges since I signed the contract. With or without service. I was told on the phone by Dish customer service agents I had buyer's remorse and would not subjected to unsatisfied service. I sent all the equipment to Dish. When I was reviewing my charges on my account to find, Dish had taken a large payment from my credit card. This company needs to be investigated about their customer service practices. Since no one really knows, how the company runs. DON'T USE DISH FOR SATELLITE SERVICES.

3 times since signing up for DISH, we have had less than 1/2 inch of snow. All 3 times we have lost our signal. I've contacted DISH and they tell me I either have to wait for the snow to melt or climb up and remove any snow on the dish!!! This is Michigan, we get lots of snow in the winter. I'm 69 years old and disabled and am supposed to climb on my roof to clean off their dish? We were with DirecTV for 20 years and the only time we ever lost signal was during a severe thunderstorm. If their service doesn't work in snowy areas, they shouldn't be able to sell it. I told them I want to cancel and they tell me if I do, I have to pay the remainder of a 2 year contract. Totally unacceptable!!!

I was with Dish for 17 years. They contacted me and said that they saw issues with my system. They then said they would send a technician to upgrade my receivers because they were over 10 years old. I agreed. The technician found the wiring on the outside of the house old and crumbling and they upgraded the receivers that kept shutting down. Well 9 months later I sold my house to move into a senior complex. The complex offered their own cable. The customer service person I called to shut off service said I would need to transfer the service to my new location, or find a friend that would take over, or pay a $300.00 fee. This is blackmail. Today I received a call from a collection agency. Really a customer for 17 years that was never late on a payment. I have proof I returned all of their receivers. They can collect after I leave this earth!!!

I recently looked at my grandpa's account who is 90 years old and a WWII vet and realized that Dish was still taking payments out of his bank account that was cancelled over 2 years ago. They said I put it on hold then it reactivated. I told them he moved 2 years ago. How can they keep taking it out and say I forgot to cancel or they didn't get the equipment I returned. They owe us over a year's worth of payments. If I don't get somewhere today I'm taking them to court. They told me I should have checked my email. They quit mailing me statements.

I became a DISH customer in September because I wanted to get away from the $221.00 a month I was paying at Cox. This is my third bill and each one has been different. But I was shocked when I saw a one time charge of $4.99 for Purge and $59.99 for UFC 205. I didn't purchase these and don't even know how to do so and wouldn't have because my third bill is $217.00!!! I called because I wanted to know how I would even purchase anything because if I did so accidentally, I don't ever want that to happen. I did online chat and spoke to a real person. Neither one was able to answer my question. The second one wanted to put on parental control - we have no children here!!! I am very angry and because they have my credit card on file, my phone number, account number, etc., how do I know this will never happen again?

Bad system and lied 2 years of agreement. The first 6 weeks with Dish the system shut down more than 20 times. We receive people from the contractor and finally after 6 week with terrible service (no credit). 11 month later they email that they going to increase the monthly payment 102%. To keep the amount that I pay they reduce the package 40%. I canceled the service and cost me $250.00. They big lied company.

Recently signed up for Dish and the "features" that they touted don't exist. After weeks of frustration, finally got someone on the "Chat" line who was as perplexed as I was (for almost an hour) as she tried to solve my problem. Finally said they have had trouble with this main feature and it may take MONTHS to fix it. Avoid Dish!

I have been a Dish customer over 10 years and all was well until recently. I was on auto pay and when the debit card I used expired, they emailed me to update the card info which I did. They also stated that the info might not post before the due date and I would have to make a manual payment. I did that and the next day, they also took out the auto pay. I informed them of the duplicate and they reversed it.

Apparently, the reversal triggered a cancellation of my service which I was never aware of. They must have realized their mistake and restored service the same day. Great! EXCEPT it changed my billing dates so I had to pay for extra days in my next bill. OK, fine, except they took me off of ebill and auto pay too so I didn't know what was happening until they sent me an email about being past due! I talked with 4 people at Dish yesterday that wouldn't listen to me, just kept saying the "bill was right".

I ended up screaming and cussing at most of them which I NEVER have done in my life! I went to the website to change my account back to auto pay to pay the bill and it wouldn't let me for 6 months! I wrote customer service and they apologized but could see my issue was resolved!!! None of this was my doing and as soon as my contract time is up, I'll be moving on. Such a shame too, I liked Dish.

After 10 years as a loyal customer I called 3 weeks ago to inquire about my bill. When they gave me a poor explanation for my increased rate which was now $150/month, I asked if I was currently under any contracts. I was told NO. Throughout this 10-minute conversation, she offered to lower my bill by $40 for some promotion. So, I asked again, "This will not put me under a contract?" She said NO. Yesterday I switched to DirecTV. I called today to cancel. I was then told, "you have a contract for an upgrade you did last year and we are going to charge you $260 early termination fee."

I took my compliant up 3 levels of supervisors. She was rude and said, "It doesn't matter that we gave you incorrect information. You are responsible for remembering when you renewed your contract." I begged for them to pull the recording of the conversation a few weeks ago. They said it did not matter what was on the conversation. I asked them to take even partial responsibility and give me a discount for being a loyal customer for 10 years. I was told no! She did give me the option to stay hooked up at their lowest rate until the contract was done which would have been $430 instead of $260. This is the thanks I get for being a customer for 10 years! I hope AT&T and DirecTV take all their customers. If anyone knows a way to help me, I would appreciate any advice. My email is **. Thank you.

I received an offer from Dish Network for a $49.99 package that seemed way too good to be true so I called and they confirmed that this was indeed the package price PLUS the advertisement offered a $100 Visa gift card after signing up. I have had repeated calls with Dish Network about this. My service went immediately to $69.99 per month and I never received the card. After calling several times and speaking with Dish representatives I have learned that they farm out most of the work and promotional deals. After speaking with again today they gave me a number of a company in Houston, TX. I am in MD.

The little girl that answered the phone told me she was the only one there at the office and that my 60 days had passed and I never filled out a "form" to get the gift card. I tried on another number that Dish had given me and true this young lady answered the call. It's a scam. Don't sign up with them. I'm now stuck for the next year and a half. DirecTV wasn't cheap but they weren't inept either. STAY AWAY!

Account started without my consent. Contract was signed then changed few months later. Falsify documentation with wrong name on customers account. Did not get a copy of my contract signed with company. Dish did not cut the movie channels that was promised only for 3 months. After the 3 months they automatically added to my bill and account. THE PRESIDENT is bad with customer service, talking over customers and gets loud over the phone. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYBODY IN THE WORLD. I am very dissatisfied with this company and the services and if I could would give this company NO STARS.

Sling tv offers through the computer a better way to watch tv. I'm all for it. However. Extremely dissatisfied. There is no customer service. None. One is given the runaround communicating through emails. The app is unattainable. They charge for the service. Even though I contacted them through numerous emails to remove it. Unable to get anyone human.

Sling tv should hire people to communicate with well meaning customers. Joining a service should be enjoyable. Not aggravating or having to jump through all types of different access points. Confusing the consumer. This should be an easy process. We all have subscriptions to television. We all sign up. Sling tv sends you on different paths. Only to find that when you give them your card info, one cannot access the app. One cannot sign in. They have your info. You cannot watch the service. Then they charge you. Unacceptable. Then no customer service to speak with.

Folks be very careful when you give your credit card number to Dish. They believe that they can charge you whatever they want as long as they have your number. I was on a service hold from March 2016 onwards as I was travelling quite a bit. Dish charged me for all these months I was on pause and when I asked that they credit me back for the months they charged me (and I did not have service during this time). The most unpleasant, rude lady comes on the phone and tells me "You are getting nothing". Never had any agent speak so rudely to a customer. It makes me mad! A company that STEALS 200+ dollars from a customer and has the gall to yell at their customer!!! They should get taken to court for their malpractices.

After being a loyal customer of Dish since 2005 I was treated like they could care less if I was a customer or not. I moved to a new house and contacted Dish first thing to hook up my service. I left the service at my old house on for a month so people who were still living there could have TV. When I called to cancel my service at my old house, they charged me $300 for early termination - even though I have Dish at my new house. That is what you get for being a loyal customer of Dish Network!

6 year Dish customer. Equipment never upgraded. Paid protection plan $8.00 per month never used. Equipment is failing. Dish won't provide new equipment without a 2 year commitment even though I have now paid 600 dollars in protection plan fees. And been a 6 year customer. I told them I wouldn't commit to a company who won't commit to me. They are horrible.

We were promised a $100 Amazon gift card upon signing up. After 3 months and 2 phones calls NOW they need a "number" to go along with this card. Marcie who works for the President was extremely RUDE and I hope she gets fired. Dish is worthless. As I see from your reviews, the world thinks the same!!! You guys suck.

Recently ordered satellite TV for my ailing father-in-law. At the time I raised the concern about him surviving long enough to complete the two year agreement. The answer was "No problem, just contact customer service." My father-in-law passed away 3 months later and guess what? Customer service would only allow me to pay the early termination fee of $420. My DirecTV contract was finishing up at my home and Dish TV agreed match the cost of my DirecTV but for only 2 versus 3 digital signals. But when they showed up the hardware (which was 7-10 years out dated) would not support two digital output so the second TV was standard definition and the remote had to be able to communicate with the first TV location.

The first box was supposed to be able to at least record two shows simultaneously but you could not watch a third show. The volume control did not even work on the main TV remote. So back to customer service. Their solution, spend more per monthly for upgraded hardware. They shouldn't even use the obsolete equipment. This time I was furious about the lies and deception and cancelled the service two days later at the outrageous $420 cancelation fee.

I am having the same problem as F from Baytown, TX, on October 25, 2016. In July, we had a Joey that we weren't using so we cancelled service on it but kept our receiver and regular service. A couple of weeks ago we had another box mailed to us and when I informed them that we had already sent it back, they told me to disregard it, it was sent in error. Now, they have added over $250 to our bill and are telling us we need the tracking number. I don't have it anymore. They told me to call the shipping company because they would have it. They didn't keep track of my address because I dropped it off at the shipping store.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1980, DISH Network now provides paid TV to almost 14 million subscribers. The company, headquartered in Meridian, Colorado, is the second-largest satellite TV provider in the United States.

• Flexible payment: DISH network accepts Bitcoin as a payment method for those who prefer the cyber currency.
  • Fantasy and reality: Subscribers can watch a game and look at their fantasy football stats to chart their team's progress, using DISH Network Hopper.
  • Watch from anywhere: DISH Network allows access to recorded shows from anywhere, as long as there is an Internet connection.
  • No up-charge on HD: DISH Network offers free HD channels, and it does not charge extra for the high-quality imaging.
  • Promotional offers available: DISH Network sign-up promotions allow customers to get extra channels with a 24-month contract commitment.
  • Best for Television fans who watch a range of programs and households on a budget.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers