DISH Network

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Didn't help at all. Runaround... lies... exorbitant price increases. Installers do whatever they want. Will not listen to where you want equipment... where they want equipment even though you had equipment before in same place. Smart A$$. 20 channels of copper clad skillet infomercial at one time.

Ok so this maybe a strange circumstance but that's my point. I sign up for DISH with the idea I will be in this rental house for a few yrs. Turns out I get really unlucky and have to have back surgery/lose my job and I have to move. I contact Dish and try to put it on hold. I finally recover but I have to travel for work and Dish keeps sending me bills. I have them put it on hold and they start it up again without asking. This has been going on now for 2 yrs, I finally get a steady job and have a Dish Tech out to my house... He says I have to expose and no chance of getting service. Dish keeps sending me these bills and now they messing with my credit. Every time I get a hold of them I get an Indian or someone not American. My contract goes on forever because it doesn't count when it's on hold!

I am losing patience and why can't you see I can't get service where I live? They tell me they work out the details and I say, "What cut down trees and blow up buildings so your pathetic Dish can pick up a signal!" Come Dish! Next I will go legal if I can prove they are lowering my credit! They are taking money from me without providing a service... Since when is that legal!?

From the start this company did not provide the services that it promised. They deliberately installed an extra box when it could have and should have installed a cheaper box called a Jimmy that would have provided cable to a bedroom in my home. They said they could provide internet service and they could not and did not. Then their so called On Demand was frequently not working causing great inconvenience to me as a consumer. When I called them on multiple occasions they attempted to pacify me by lying and stating they would correct the problem and NEVER did.

Finally as after the 5th or sixth phone call which was time consuming and irritating due to the condescending tone and attitude of their customer service department I informed them that I was sending them back their equipment and canceling my account. Not only did they say they did not receive their equipment they had the audacity to charge me twice for services that I did not receive. How can you receive service on equipment when it's not connected or in the home?

After several disputes to my bank they collected the money and put a hit on my credit report. My bank then showed me a so called document that had a signature that WAS NOT MINE so I also closed my account. As someone who works and want to be provided a service I thought it was not unreasonable to be able to watch a program on On Demand that was allegedly provided by a cable company when my schedule permitted. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH DISH NETWORK they provide substandard services and have fraudulent business as well as Deceptive business practices. They will do everything to get as much money from you by any means necessary even provide false signatures.

Never will refer or ever get DISH again. I have spoke to their office of the president and they are very unprofessional and rude! They claim they credit my bill the 80$ that was in dispute but with the first claim she sent me a packet with the explanation and the bills in with nothing shows a $80.17 credit. I have called many times and still have got nowhere with dish. They completely steal your money and will never trust this company ever and for further people trying to get dish DON'T DO IT! I’m writing reviews on many sites about them. Please they are not accredited with the BBB. They have so many complaints against them and are NOT A TRUSTED COMPANY! They also STEAL AND LIE! BEWARE.

Have had Dish Network in our motorhome for over 6 years. Had a problem with the actual dome on unit and had made several calls to technical support for answers... Then had several boxes replaced in the unit and now all the sudden got a call from customer service and so called a supervisor that said account suspended and will no longer let you be a customer of dish. Really. I asked why. He said I made too many technical support calls and would not let us continue as a dish customer... They suck. I can only tell you the supervisor was one of the rudest customer service supervisors I have ever spoke to in my life... We own a business and if one of our employees spoke to someone like that they would no longer have a job... Buyer beware. If you use the service for any reason they will cancel you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

I regret signing a 2-year contract with Dish. My TV keeps losing satellite signals. This last time it couldn't be resolved by phone. I have been without my TV for a couple of days now. I'm told it will cost me $95 to have a technician come out to see why it's not working. Why should I have to pay additional money for them to come check their own equipment. I'm already paying for service I'm not getting. I'm now considering just paying all that cancellation fee just to be done with them. Either way I am being swindled out of money.

I have been with DISH Network, roughly seven years. I was a DirecTV customer for twelve years. Until they started charging more, and taking channels away in their packages. Now, DISH Network is doing the same thing. I recently went to their flex pack, and was told that it would not go up, or there would be no loss of channels. Now, they have taken the Reelz network off this package (without notice), and not offered anything to replace it. Customer service very rude!

DISH has turned over a fraud account to collections that was dealt with two years ago. Two years later I get a collection call. I called DISH and have to jump through all kinds of hoops to resolve. This is going to take a long time to resolve. I have had fraud with DirecTV, in the past, for twice as much money and they resolved. Why is this happening again after two years of being resolved and sent to collections. They must be desperate for revenue! I had been thinking of going back to DISH after canceling about 6 months ago. But after this HORRIBLE experience, have rethought and decided against.

My complaint about Dish Network is like all of the others, so I won't need to go into a long detail. They added another wrinkle to not helping us correct the problem we were having. We did cancel our account today because we just had to give up. Just remember to not trust anyone who works for Dish because the customer service person we tried talking to told us that they are an equal opportunity employer and they are not responsible for what their employees tell you. We got stuck with a $380 early termination fee because we were not informed that if we got another DVR they would extend our contract for 2 more years. ENOUGH SAID.

I work from home at this house where I have dish about 10 days a month and I run out of internet every single month. They guaranteed that it would be enough for me, but I always run out. It's basically $70 for not even 10 days of internet. Super bummed out. :/

I am a new customer with Dish. I have the flex pack, and when I asked if that included the music channels they said yes. Now they are charging me $10 for them. They did not tell me that they were about to start a bid war with Hearst, the provider of NBC feed. One week after I started, NBC and all its other channels went off! It's been almost 6 weeks and still no change. When I call to complain, they lie and say they are "working" 24/7 on it. A terrible company!!!

Dish Network's new software package is extremely and intentionally corrupt. What do I mean? Dish has eliminated many options you used to have. For example, you can no longer access most channels' on demand features. An attempt to strong arm their customers into having Netflix, a company they're in bed with financially? Sure could be. As some shows don't arrive on Netflix for months if at all, you have lost many viewing options. Options took from you with no warning. Legal terms. I pay Dish in good faith. They must provide a product in good faith per our legal contract. Now their product is clearly inferior. Without warning or compensation. CLASS ACTION ATTORNEYS, PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA FACEBOOK PM. Others wishing to join, keep watching this review.

Cancelling Dish Network service has been on my to do list for a while. I signed up with them 4 years ago. Initially, my bill was $45 then $65. At the end it was $109 (no change in service level). I was lazy about cancelling because it is an ordeal. I had a Friday afternoon off, so I called on 4/7 to cancel service. On the phone for an hour patiently listening to at least 10 pitches for discounts. Whatever. The guys is just doing his job. Finally, after saying no 20 times, got him to cancel service. He told me 7 to 10 days to receive a box to return my receiver. I never did receive the return package. But I did get a bill for $75 saying "Welcome Back." Apparently, my service was not cancelled.

I called them back on Easter Sunday. The Customer Service Rep said I called 4/10 to re-enlist. She did not believe me when I said no, I did not call to reinstate service. She said that I must to talk to their fraud department before they would cancel service. After 15 minutes on hold transferred to the "fraud representative" who was a sales guy, and started our conversation offering me another deal. That's when the screaming started (my screaming). The guy insisted I called on 4/10 to reinstate service. Basically why would anyone at Dish do that? I don't know, but the only people with access to my account information and PIN are at Dish. And if I did not call on 4/10 and someone at Dish signed me up again to make a quota, that is fraud and identity theft. I think this is something that Dish should be taking more seriously.

Paying Dish bill, I get the bill on the 8-9 of the month, it is due on the 13 of the month. I pay the bill the same day I get the bill. But half the time they cut my TV to nothing, for a short time or for a day or two. Dish will not send the bill earlier, I will not give them any type of card. That is what they want.

Dish is NOT safe at all!! They let somebody use my card without my signature and authorization. Dish has been charging my card with "Autopay" which "I" never done. In that case, my card was stolen and they just let the person use my card to pay whatever the hell they owed them without the cardholder's signature. They charged me for equipment and other things I knew Nothing about.

I called over and over asking why are they charging my acct for something I didn't do and they constantly nagged me about Payments. Dish said they would refund my money, after I spoke with my bank and the next couple of days passed and they said they're Not Refunding because "multiple" payments have already been made... AGAIN something I didn't sign for!!! What I look like checking to see if money disappearing from my acct if I already know what's being taken out from my own hands... I will never in a million years CHOOSE dish. Dish is all about a dollar and they don't care who in the hell they receive it from. I wish I could take it to the business bureau and file a complaint.

If I could give a negative 5 I would. I normally like DISH. So much so, that I've had no other provider since the late 90's. On my most recent move to NC however it's all changed. The setup in my apartment was very tacky looking, with wires everywhere. Screw holes and more holes, and then not used. They were supposed to follow my complex's rules and come back within a week and mount the pole. They never came back. The DISH sat right next to the sidewalk. I had to cancel the service for noncompliance. Of course then I had to jump through hoops doing so. Now I'm having to wait 3 weeks to get refunded over $200 in returned items. Their paperwork states it takes 5-7 business days after receiving said merchandise. Well, apparently they don't follow their own rules. Don't bother with them. Unless you got fight in you.

When one of my DISH NETWORK receivers failed a couple of weeks ago, they wanted me to pay 95 dollars to have a technician come to my house to effect repairs. I told them to come and get the antenna and both receivers and discontinue my service. They wanted to know why and I told them I would not pay for their technician to repair equipment that belongs to DISH. The only thing I own is the televisions but the equipment belongs to DISH and it is up to them to keep it in good working order. They "waived" the charge.

When the technician came to my house, he tried to get me to pay a monthly fee to insure against future failures. I refused for the same reason. I told him he might as well ask me to insure his truck to cover repairs in case it breaks down on the way to my house. I wonder how many old people go ahead and pay DISH to repair their own equipment? I pay DISH a monthly fee to provide a service and it's their responsibility to keep their own equipment in good working order and if they can't, then they are not capable of providing the service and I'll go elsewhere!

The first year they give you a great deal then the second year it increases. Every six months you are constantly calling to reduce your bill. I am writing to square away my balance with Dish. Their prices are tremendously overpriced for TV service. When I began service with Dish, I was comfortable with the amount. After two years I had to call every few months because the monthly charge was just too high just for TV service compared to other service providers. The numbers do not make sense.

They charged me a $7.00 late charge on my final bill because I didn't pay for services in advance because I was moving. $12.00 Equipment Return Box. I never received the box to return equipment. I had to call Dish once again because I did not receive it, so the agent emailed a label to me and told me to use my own personal box. The representative assured me I would not be charged since I was using my own box. $3.99 movie charge - I did not order a movie. $5.80 Courtesy 3 of 6 charge a bogus charge. A total of $134.33 for TV services for 25 days for my final bill. Ridiculous! I have been emailing and calling them and they keep arguing with me they aren't going to remove the charges.

As American consumers I can't believe that Dish Network gets away with operating their business as if they are making their own laws, dictating their own policies and they think they are dealing with uneducated and ignorant families! We like to think that we are good Americans; we pay our bills each month and on time. We follow the laws of our country and give to our communities. Dish Network is by far the worst company we have ever had to deal with. I recommend to all cable TV subscribers never to sign up with Dish because of their illegal business practices, their immoral and unethical philosophies, and their greed which will eventually bring them down as a company. Not to mention their ignorance to loyal customers who keep this company in business! We will never, and I repeat NEVER do business with Dish Network ever again.

On a positive note, we recently became customers of Comcast and we now have our telephone service, our internet service, and more importantly our cable TV service with Comcast. And we couldn't be happier. The programming and choices does not even compare to this "two-bit" cable provider. It's too bad that it took an "early termination fee" by Dish Network that set us free from their tyranny and outrageous lousy customer service and disregard for loyal patrons! Whatever you do, do not do business with Dish Network or you will despise them immensely because of their greed for money and the lax in the laws which allow them to get away with bad business practices!

I got Dish Network for my mom almost 2 yrs ago as she wanted couple of the international channels. They came and installed and my bill came up to $46 each month which was ridiculous but since it for my mom, I let it go. Now, I got DirecTV and for 100+ channels I am only paying $73, so I started inquiring about the Dish bill. I was told that I did NOT have to have a DVR and to request it w/o it as they had tagged along an additional $10 for it. When I reached out the customer support, she told me since I had this plan for almost 2 yrs why didn't I cancel before? I told her because the tech or your company never gave us that option. They said they were sending someone to install it and he brought one box and that was it. I did NOT ask for a DVR. They made it seem like that was the only option I had.

So she suggested that since I don't have the protection, I will pay $95 service fee or I can purchase the protection for another $8.99/mo for min 180 days. Ok, since I was already paying an unnecessary $10 each month either way, I decided to go with it...till she tells me this will be considered a new contract and it will be extended for another 24 months! HECK NO! You guys already RIPPED me off the past year and a half and I AM NOT going to extend my contract with such company who base their business on frauding people. Had they been fair, we might have even looked into having more services with them but since we were paying $46 just for 2 channels we never even looked into their other plans and now I am so glad! DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THIS COMPANY DOES... FRAUDS!

I recently moved to the Jackson area from Cherry Hill and was in need of new cable and internet service. After a Google search I contacted what I thought was Dish Network and I was advised that due to my location cable was not available at my location and I had to use a Satellite Dish service for my cable TV and a local dealer named Hughes for internet service. I understood there was no other option. With that said I signed up. 3 days later I was to have my internet installed only to get a call that they couldn't come due to not having the equipment needed. I waited another week and they never showed up.

My fiance called the local cable provider only to discover cable with internet is available for 100.00 less than Dish and Hughes internet combined. I was deceived by Dish Network telling me cable wasn't available. I called Dish and they want to charge me 480.00 cancellation fee. I was manipulated and deceived by Dish Network by them telling me I had to use their service very well knowing I could get cable from Optimum Cable. Optimum came out same day and connected my cable and internet service. Beware consumer, be careful who you talk to and never order from Dish Satellite TV.

I thought my older company was bad, but I left them to go with Dish and that was a huge mistake on my part. This is the worst. I wish I could list all the headaches they have caused, but I will be brief. Digital TV gets stuck and you have to wait at least 10 min or a little less for it to reboot. I had this happen to me when I cancelled my Protection plan, I mean after all I do not own the equipment. Dish owns the equipment. I am not planning on damaging the box. I received and had new box installed and all was fine for almost 6 months, but once I cancelled the Protection plan I started to have issues with receiver. I called and they did not even try to repair on phone, wanted me to pay $95.00 for a Technician. I am waiting and anticipating the day I can cancel with Dish.

I requested cancellation of my DISH contract on April 8th because it renewed on the 9th. I did this because you cannot cancel giving a future date, (tried that) the coverage is cancelled the day you call. First I was told the cancellation fee was $480.00, which was the same thing I was told last December. When I told them this could not be right since it was the same, I was transferred to someone that told it was $150.00.

When I cancelled on the 8th, I was told it was $130.00 and I had to pay $12.00 for each of the return box to send the equipment back. The total of $156.19. I said fine and went ahead and paid the fee. The same day this amount was taken from my account, the regular monthly fee of $157.42 was also deducted from my account, which I understand as it was too late to stop the transaction. By now I had also received an email from DISH that my early termination fee would be deducted on April 29th.

I called DISH, whose customer service is in the Philippines, and explained that I needed a refund of the monthly fee of $157.42. The agent told me it would take 19 business days to get it returned to my account. I told her this was unacceptable. I asked to be transferred to supervisor, still in the Philippines, and was told the same thing. I asked to be transferred to someone in the U.S. I was transferred to Brian agent code: **, that it would take 19 business days. I had worked with EFT accounts and just could not believe this to be true and was told again 19 business days was their policy.

I then asked why I had gotten the email about the early cancellation fees, when they had already been paid. I was told it was an automatic email that goes out when an account had been cancelled. I asked him if it made sense to him to receive an email saying a fee that had already been paid was going to be deducted from your account on April 29th. He said he understood what I was saying, but the email was automatically sent. Didn't he think this should be re-thought? He just said he would put my refund request in. I do have to admit by this time I was very frustrated and just hung up. Their customer service really needs help!

I'm writing this to let whoever is reading this know about what kind of service you get into when signing up or doing business with Dish or Dish Anywhere for that matter. For days, I've tried to watch online TV using DishAnywhere, and guess what? It doesn't work. I talk to one of the online reps, but it's nowhere, problem can't be resolved. I google online and found that this issue with Dish Anywhere plug in has crashed has happened over a year. What the ** is this company trying to provide. A service that's not ** working and some lame, no good excuses. I have had enough of this bullcraps Dish employees try to talk me into. I'll wait for a few more days and see if they can fix this. If not, I want my money to be refunded. If not, this is a major issue.

I switched from TWC to Dish for television and internet. The promotion sounded reasonable, or so I thought. While the cable TV is working okay, the internet does not work. They contract it out from Century Link. First, the tech only works outside so no one comes into your home for a complete internet installation. It was only after I hooked up the modem/router that I discovered it didn't work. I called and a tech is supposed to be out in the next 2 days (again outside only).

The problem is that the internet goes through the phone lines as opposed to ethernet and wi-fi, which seems out-of-date to me as I've have ethernet/wi-fi for the last 10 years. I was told that if the problem is with the phone lines inside the house, then it's on me. DO NOT EVER GET THEIR SERVICE!!! THIS IS A BAIT & SWITCH COMPANY!! You'd be better off, getting a rabbit-ears antenna and going up to the corner Starbucks to get on their wi-fi. Terrible service, terrible customer service! If anyone out there is putting together a class action lawsuit, count me in!!

Not picking up HD on any local stations. This is a new problem. After going through all their required "reset" steps over the phone with the rep, we were told it was probably the old receiver and a tech would need to come out. The charge for this was $95.00 but they would generously cut in half. After being a customer of 18+ years and never having the receiver upgraded I thought the least they could do was fix the equipment they actually own for free. Could have just sent a new receiver!

After much complaining about this situation, we were told to pay up or we could just find another carrier! Are you kidding me!!! After all these years as a customer they felt the $47.50 was more important than a long time customer. Perhaps we'll end up paying their ransom to get HD up and running but we were shocked. What ever happened to rewarding loyalty?? Now searching for a reasonable carrier so we can tell them this decision is wrong. Not so much the cost, just the principle of it. An extremely poor way to treat loyalty.

Dish Network does not take into account its customer base. We represent and advocate for the senior elderly communities. We expressed to them how great Dish would be, yet despite our support of Dish they have fallen short on the promises provided. Our senior communities are going without channels that mean the world to them. If you were confined to a bed to watch TV and loved certain shows then this would seem nothing less than abusive. I am ashamed to have supported Dish to be the service provider As an advocate for our elder communities it is my responsibility to switch away from Dish. I called to let them know and was received with an apology for the trouble. Not good enough. Goodbye Dish.

I was with Dish for 4 years and after my initial promotion was up I called to either cancel or work with them to keep my promotional rate and keep my service. I was told because I was a valued Dish customer that they could credit my account to keep my promotional pricing and wouldn't require me to renew a contract. After 4 years of being with them and going through this process multiple times to keep my price down (every six months) I called to cancel service and switch providers and was told I would be charged $240 because I was under a contractual agreement. When I asked to speak to the customer service agents manager, I was put on hold for a great while and spoke with a woman named Star (her operator ID was **).

She began to get rude with me when I explained that I was put under a contractual agreement without my knowledge. She said that's impossible and that I had to agree to this or else I wouldn't be under contract! So I asked to speak with her boss and she told me there was no other higher authority I could speak to at Dish. On the surface Dish over the years seemed to have good customer service. But the minute I said I want to cancel service all the sudden I have a contract. So now I'm out $240 for a contract that I never consented to and evidently there's nothing I can do except write my little review to inform others. Buyer beware, Dish is a slimy company. Lesson learned on my end. Good day to you all.

I am so tired of looking at the TV guide on the TV and seeing Mountain Monsters on all day every single day this week. I don't even like that phony show! Where are all the other shows on Channel 194??? This is getting ridiculous!!! We are paying big bucks to watch the same old re-runs over and over again!!!

Upon ordering my Dish system in May 2015 I opened with a 2 year contract for 69.00 per month. Upon installation the installer added 70.00 in charges for electrical units that I denied and told him no and produced my own. When I received the bill I called Dish and complained several times. After 3 months of not receiving the credit for what I did not get I decided to not pay for those items and deducted them from my bill. The next bill I received was for 115.00 and when I called they finally issued my credit but told me that because I decided to take the credit on my own they no longer would honor my 69.00 2 year contract and that I no longer had a contract and would be paying full price. Today I cancelled my subscription as I moved and now they are telling me I have to pay for an additional 2 months as I'm breaking my 2 year contract.

When I went over the fact I had no contract according to my saved emails from 2015 and if in fact they now have changed their mind and are trying to force me to pay based on a phony contract that they owe me 22 months of the difference between the 120.00 I been paying and the 69.00 contract I signed for they owe me 1166.00 in overcharges. The next I heard was "we will transfer you to the office of the president." After being transferred 4 times and sitting on hold for over 1 1/2 hours I never did get the office of the president. What I did get was disconnected. Do not use this company as they rip off everybody they can with false contracts unless they are the ones to benefit. I want my services cancelled as of 4/1/17 and I can't seem to get anyone to acknowledge what I'm wanting, just another "let me transfer you."

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers