DISH Network

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers

Research top Cable & Satellite TV Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered Dish Network service while at the San Diego County Fair. The technician came today to install, and stated that he could not install the internet since I "don't have the right kind of roof". There were no alternatives for internet service and so I cancelled the whole thing. I called the customer service number to get a refund for the 64.98 charge they billed me, and they stated they could not find the charge. I asked to speak to someone higher up about the issue and the rep hung up on me. I called again, explained that I wanted to speak to a supervisor, and was hung up on a second time. I went online to customer service and the idiot I got said she was “sorry” and said nothing else. I had to call my bank to dispute the charge. Do not trust Dish Network, they are a bunch of idiots, and the customer service must be based in the Philippines.

Signing up, they will drop your credit score if you change your mind after picking packages, holding leverage over you. You don't get it you lose credit score. They don't tell you that when signing up. A minus 10 would be better.

Ebill has gone from $50.00 to $123.00 for no reason except co is hungry. We have been with Dish for several years. We have had a problem, for a long time now. Have been 10 techs out to solve the problem. Still no help. One of the Supervisors suggest to my wife to find someone else to do business with. But also they don't mind taking money for support.

I have been with Dish for barely a year... they have messed up my bill on several occasions. Service is always out... bill goes up and up. DISH NETWORK SO FULL OF COMPLETE **... SORRIEST SATELLITE/CABLE COMPANY I KNOW. I HATE DEALING WITH THIS COMPANY. Too many complaints as well. They need to be shut down completely... Very rude customer service.

On June 9, 2017, I called Dish to cancel my account. I have no contract or obligation to continue paying this account. During my calls, things got weird, unpleasant, unhealthy and unacceptable. My call was handled by two representatives indicating I had renewed my contract with Dish for 2 years on May 2, 2017 because I "agreed" to a price lock. I agreed to nothing of that sort. I've always thought my bill was too high and I've contemplated cancelling this account every single month because I have no contract! The only activity I made to my account on May 2nd was a payment towards my bill. Submitting my payment committed me to 2 additional years? I don't get it!

I did not commit to a price lock that they are saying I committed to on May 2nd. I got a final bill from Dish today June 11, 2017 and it shows the early termination fee. I paid my bill on June 9th and it was for the period of May 22, 2017 to June 22, 2017. I overpaid them since I terminated my services on June 9th. The overpayment is being deducted from what they claim I "owe" them which is their "$240.00 early termination fee". I have old equipment. I have paid Dish over $3,400 these last 2 years. During the time I've had this account I more than doubled that amount! I committed to no price lock.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DISH?

ALL BEWARE!!! Information that is given to you by the customer service representatives is not provided in full details. I just got my bill from a new Hopper Installation and my bill is $260 and that was a free installation. I now have $22 per month just to have equipment in my home and that doesn't begin to discuss the service game they played. I have been a 10 plus year customer and feel so taken by this company. :-) Will plan to look at other options after I serve my 2 yr time of my new agreement. So sad that I feel I now have a crappy service and a large bill to gravel about every month. There should be some type of correct by the FCC on how these communication services are taking American $$.

I just finished a 2 year contract with Dish and was so happy when it was over and I could tell them to shove it. After multiple billing issues, surprise charges, and poor customer service I cancelled. When trying to cancel they drag it out over the phone and offer you so many discounts to continue ripping you off. This company will surely be out of business soon with poor business practices and the increase in Internet TV. I have switched to PlayStation Vue for my cable TV and could not be happier. Plans form $29.00 per month with absolutely no fees. I personally get everything I need from that plan including ESPN. No I do not work for this company, I'm just happy to see someone doing it right.

Back to Dish... worst customer service you will find. They applied a free baseball package to my bill that I did not ask for, and once it was up they began charging me for it. I didn't notice I had the package because I don't watch baseball. The lady called me a liar. How would I know I have a channel I do not watch? Think about it. $45 bucks a month for 4 months is what they charged. After many arguments finally gave me a credit in year 1, just to repeat the entire process again in year 2 because they kept renewing for baseball season after I asked not to. I probably spent 10 hours of my life on the phone with Dish in 2 years, I hate this piece of ** company. That's my review.

My parents have Dish TV. They are, unfortunately, in a rather remote area where cable lines aren't installed. They rely on satellite services for TV. They had to switch to Dish from DirecTV because they weren't able to receive their signal due to tree growth. They are elderly and live on a limited social security income. With mounting health cost, their bill doesn't get behind. It happens. It's life. Recently, going on a week now, their service was stopped for nonpayment. They paid on Monday of this week and told service would be back on after 24hrs. Ridiculous, but whatever. After 24 hrs, still no service. After multiple phone calls to Dish who transferred the call to Frontier (it's a bundled package with this company) who in returned passed the buck back to Dish.

We were told that Dish did not receive the payment in excess of $200. Wednesday, the bank had to fax confirmation to Frontier and Dish that INDEED payment was made. NOW, we're told it will be another 48 hrs until service is restored. This is just absolutely ridiculous! The company seems to want to "punish the consumer" for late payment. Why should they have to wait any amount of time for service to be restored. And why do these two companies seem to have such a difficult time working together to process payments?

I have been a Dish customer twice, probably totaling 10-15 years. During that time my bill has crept up and up, and their service has gone down and down. I often can't get local stations, as promised. Today was just another frustration. It's a sunny, slightly breezy day here in Charlotte, yet I have not been able to watch even one show, across all Dish channels, without frequent "Complete Signal Loss" message, followed, of course, by the "Partial Loss of Signal." Over & over & over again! This has been going on for a long time.

When I call to complain, I get the rigamarole about weather, etc. When I ask if I could have my bill reduced, the only answer is to drop the equipment insurance.

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO THINKS THAT THERE COULD BE A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST DISH? I see multiple negative reviews from all across the country.

I have been a Dish (cable) subscriber for over 10 years. In December 2016 I subscribed to their internet. BIG MISTAKE!! The service is bad. Kept getting dropped and the internet would stop working. When THEIR installer came to install the internet dish he put it in the center of the front of my house on the second story roof beam. While he was up there he dropped his drill (the kind with a base to stand it up) off the roof and it hit my tiles as it was falling off the roof. I picked the drill up from where it fell and gave it back to him. When he was done with the installation, the internet didn't work. Someone came back a week later to troubleshoot why it wasn't working and got it to work.

In the beginning of this year (2017) we had a lot of rain. I had developed a leak in the ceiling of my garage, below the area where the equipment was installed. When I contacted Dish they sent me to their claims department. I spoke to several people there. Both employees, one who was extremely rude, told me their employees WERE NOT ALLOWED TO WALK ON TILED ROOFS. They sent someone out to take picture and he took picture from the edge of the front and side of the house. He told me it was the DISH policy that no one walk on tiled roof. They told me in order to consider the claim I would have to hire a roofer to give them a roofer’s statement, which I did. The roofer found cracked tiles below where the dish was installed.

I also requested the dish be removed. They refuse to remove the dish saying their employees are not allowed to walk on the roof for safety reasons, yet, it's on my roof in the center of my house. I'm the consumer. Why is this my responsibility to remove the dish that was negligently placed. They hired these people who came to my residence in a Dish truck to install the Dish equipment. This has been a nightmare! All I want is my roof fixed and the equipment off the roof that they put up there!

Literally, the worst service and WORST customer service of any company I've dealt with - and that says A LOT. Every bill has a new charge, every call gets you a different answer, and ultimately - it's extortion if you get fed up and ask to discontinue service, because it's so BAD...NOPE! It's pay up or into collections with you. Just don't do it. I don't care what they offer - they're lying! Don't care how much you want TV - it's NOT WORTH IT!!! Read the other reviews and the amount of complaints. I wish I had.

DISH Network in rural America has become essentially a monopoly. DISH claims that 50g is the limit for rural users yet they market their "bundle" package with TV/Internet combination but fail to warn you that 50g is wholly insufficient to support viewing, recording and Internet service. Currently, my Wife uses a computer for Facebook and I use another computer for publishing articles and research. Halfway through the billing cycle, almost to the day, we're mysteriously out of gigs. Now, I'm required to wait for off-peak hours in order to do any research or work on my computer and after a number of calls to DISH to solve the problem, they could care less. I was told that AT&T possibly served my rural area contingent upon a land-line which I do not have. DISH also advised that if I disconnected the DISH Internet service, I probably would not have the opportunity to reestablish it again. How am I using 50g of Internet service in 15-days?

I have been a DISH network customer for years. Recently I upgraded my internet and the internet runs slower than ever. I complained to the FCC and they did nothing about it. DISH has turned my cable off in the middle of the month saying I owe money when I paid my bill. This company is a JOKE and so is the FCC!

The problems with DISH keep piling up. Let's start with a big one. Every time there is a heavy rain in the area, you lose signal. This is the big problem with satellite TV. Rain attenuates the signal. DISH needs to use a bigger dish or better receiver. Instead, the DISH answer to this problem is to avoid answering any complaints about loss of service. They don't REALLY care - they know there is nothing they are willing to do about it. Which brings us to problem number two. For many months, several prime channels were off the air because they failed to negotiate a deal with the providers. Channels disappear all the time with DISH because they don't negotiate deals with the providers. Their on-air notices make it sound like the customers are at fault.

Problem number three is the price. The price was competitive the first year, but you have to sign a two years contract. The second year price is nearly double, not the "small increase" they promised. AND there are little "extras" the customer has to pay. If you're expecting DISH to maintain their equipment for free, think again. It's $99.50 for a service all. Did you know that the customer has to pay DISH to disconnect service and send their equipment back? Even the box to ship it in will cost you $12.50. And of course there's an early termination fee if you want to watch TV in the rain and want to cancel before the two years are up. Which brings me to problem four - terminating service.

When I terminated service, they DIDN’T. Instead, they ADDED a "maintenance plan". It took me two more calls and another hour on the phone to get them to actually terminate service - the two previous service representatives had not actually completed the "termination of service" procedures. And then I had to make yet a 4th call, because the $12.50 box did not come with packing materials or address labels, and DISH will charge several hundred dollars for their electronics if it isn't returned safely. On that call, their customer service presumed that I was calling to turn my service back on. It's a costly, time consuming, and frustrating experience for a customer to terminate service from DISH. The best answer is never to sign up.

My apartment complex rent includes an upgraded Dish package, but does not include DVR capability. I understood that I would have to be personally billed for the additional service. In order to get DVR I was required to pay a $200 fee, having gone through bankruptcy 5 years ago. Not a deposit -- a non-refundable fee for the privilege of paying them an extra $15 per month for my DVR! This is really wrong! A deposit, I could understand, but a $200 fee? Of course Customer Service service just reminded me I had obviously agreed to it. But it's only on reflection I've realized how unfair it is. My apartment covers the basic service. I'm hardly a risk!

We had Dish since 2012 and we decided to cancel in 2016 due to poor Internet service. WE made our payment in Jan. and was told since we canceled we would receive a $73.00 refund to our card that was used from direct payment to them the whole time we had them. In June, we called to see why we haven't received it and was told that it was sent to a credit card that wasn't our??? We spoke to 3 customer service people then to a supervisor that told us we needed to collect from the card that they sent the refund to. Now is that crazy or what? They sent it to the wrong card holder and we have to collect. You are kidding me.

Dish made the mistake. They should collect not us... We ask to talk to someone beside the 3 we had spoken to and was told there was no one else and they would not collect the money they sent to the wrong person and that was final. Rude people and NO customer service. Will not EVER go back to Dish and will not recommend them. Poor business if you ask me!!!

Have called into schedule appointments and appointments were made and confirmed and have lost 1.5 days of work waiting on the technician, and the excuse from customer service is they called the number we have on file. Asked what number they called and we have never had the number that the customer service person read out.

Today the customer service person said the technician left a door hanger but while on the phone never found one. Appointment was suppose to be between 4 and 5 pm and supposedly the technician came at 12:30 pm. Husband was home and said no one came. Customer service manager was rude and technically called me a liar. Cable outside needs to be replaced, doesn't need to get inside. Now we have scheduled a 3rd appointment. The guy suggested them coming on Sunday and me miss church. How rude and disrespectful. Will be calling the State of NC Attorney General office and the local news media to let them know what is going on. They want their money but think it is a joke that people take off from work and lose pay for their technician to not show up.

Dish is the worst company ever. Call to repair my receiver, they replace it but without my knowledge, renew my contract day for 2 years again. They dont want to fix. Now I have to wait 2 years more, so I have to continue to pay. Plus I'm not using this service anymore for a year already. Still want my money. No way I can get out of this company if I paid them 500.00dl, because of the new date. They do not want to help the customer at all. Please stay away of this contract. There are plenty of company that they dont deal with contract today and have a better customer service. I will be leaving to work out USA and still have to paid them for no service at all. Stay away. You never know what 2 years brings plus check all the bad review they have already.

I started with Dish TV June 17 2015. On June 19th I decided to add internet. I was told it would be through HughesNet. When I got my first bill they had prorated my internet bill so that my service dates ran through the 16th of the month for BOTH my Dish TV and my internet. After just a few months several of the channels in my package were discontinued. When I called to complain I was told that they had the right to discontinue stations or replace stations at their discretion. Apparently it's in the very small writing in the terms and conditions. Basically it says Dish can do whatever it wants and there's NOTHING you can do about it. Arbitration is the only remedy. Arbitration is pretty much someone else telling you that Dish can do whatever it wants and there's NOTHING you can do about it. Arbitration ends up costing YOU. Well I had decided that although Dish doesn't feel the need to honor their commitments I did.

So fast forward to tonight when I called to have both my internet and TV cancelled. I had just paid the last month of my 24 month commitment. First I was told that I cannot cancel them both at one time?? If I cancel the TV on the 16th then I can call and cancel the internet AFTER that. Or Vice Verse. If I cancel it before that then I have to pay the 20 dollar early termination fee even though I am already paid up till the 16th. So either I end up paying a 20-dollar early termination fee or an extra few days of internet service. RIDICULOUS!! Oh and the box they send me to return my receiver, remotes, etc. costs 12 bucks to mail back. And I'll have a second box to return my internet modem. Another 12 bucks return postage. The lady in customer service was just nasty once she realized they weren't gonna be able to sucker me into staying.

My cable TV service was started with a Dish antenna on the roof of the three story senior building I had just moved into. The company kept promising for three weeks that they would install the phone and internet. I had to buy a cell phone after the first week. I spent a lot of time sitting in the lobby waiting for the internet and phone. They kept telling me there was a problem freeing that up because of a problem with the previous tenant who had died three months previous. After being without service for three weeks, a manager suggest I call Century Link in Denver, Colorado. They told me the previous tenant's bill wasn't paid. And they would not release the line until it was paid or they were sent a death certificate.

Anyone considering should be aware they will cease even when you're dead. I had to go to another cable company for phone and internet. Dish never apologized for may lies, but offered me a guaranty 2 years of cable for $39.95 a month if I would keep the cable TV service. I should never have trusted them. I never signed any contract because all of their advertising at the time said there was no contract. When I decided to drop their service after four storm related losses of service at the 1 year 2 month point, they told me the Dish could be adjusted and that would no longer happen!

Why would I trust them again? When talking to the second person and they realized I was not continuing cable they became very abusive. They sent me a copy of a contract with squiggles for signatures. If I had seen this I would never have signed it. I understood there was not contract per their advertisement and their salespeople, there was not a contract offered. They want $180 for quitting early. They didn't even get my phone number right on the contract. They told me I had tried to back out in July of the previous year. Pure fiction. I may be 69 but I haven't lost my long tern memory.

I have been a DISH customer for over 20 years and until recently I have been very satisfied with DISH. First off they canceled stations without any notice. I call their customer service and am told they sent out an email but I have no record of it nor do they. Then my receiver goes out and after almost two hours on the phone with a supposed technician I am told it can't be fixed from their end. I am told I will be contacted shortly to schedule a technician to come to my home. No one contacts me. I call again the next day and am told it will be at least a week till a technician can come to my home so I make an appointment. I am given a 3 hour window when the technician is supposed to show up. The technician calls about 10 minutes prior to the end of the 3 hour window and says he won't be at my home for at least another 2 hours. He finally arrives and can't fix the problem.

I am told I will have to reschedule another visit with another technician that knows more about it than him. I schedule yet another appointment for 3 days later and the same technician shows up again and is unable to fix the problem. I reschedule again for 3 days later and finally the problem is fixed. I call customer service and ask for a discount on that month's bill because I was unable to view DISH programming for almost 3 weeks. I am told they can offer me a 5 dollar discount on my next 3 months of service. I tell the customer service rep that that will not be sufficient and ask to speak to a supervisor. After waiting for over 10 minutes I am transferred to a supervisor who is very rude. I explain that I have been a DISH customer for over 20 years. She acts like that doesn't matter and says they can do nothing for me.

Fast forward and I lose my NBC affiliate with no notice for over month. I call yet again and am given the runaround. Then tonight I am scanning my program guide for something to watch and on HBO I see the movie Raging Bull. I hit the info button and it describes a pornographic AKA hardcore movie with a very graphic descriptions. I am horrified and embarrassed. I call DISH use my smart phone and set up a chat with customer service and am connected with a customer service rep and apprise them of the situation. I am told to call HBO on my own dime. No toll free number given. I call HBO and they tell me they don't control what DISH does with their program description.

I contact DISH yet again this time I take a picture of the pornographic description about group and anal sex. I forward it to them and ask to speak with the supervisor. I finally am contacted by supervisor who now states that they had other complaints about the wrong movie description. I am told nothing can be done. It was a programming error on their part. I again explain how long I have been a DISH customer and am offered a $5.00 discount on this month's bill. You have to be kidding.

I have had Dish Network since Oct 2016 and have nothing but problems with the signal. Called on May 14 to complain about signal problems and the person at Dish had me unplugging and plugging equipment in but with no results. Was told they would send a technician out but would have to pay for the visit. I set up the appointment but cancelled because I figured since I was leasing the equipment I shouldn't have to pay for it. Last night May 23, 2017 came home from work and no TV again. Called to terminate my service and pay the early termination fee. Figured it was worth it since I didn't have TV a lot of time. Also was promised a gift card when signing up and never got that either.

When initially speaking with the Dish representative, I stated that I wanted the Military History channel. I also said I was currently able to record six shows at once, to which he replied that with them I could record up to eight shows at once. After installation and signing a two year contract I found out that I do not get that channel and they do not offer it. I also found out I could only record up to three shows at once. Every time I spoke with someone, I was told something different. I wanted to just cancel service, but to do so, I would incur a substantial early termination fee.

So at this point I have no choice but to ride it out and cancel at the end of my two year term. Even though I got the person's name and employee ID number, they didn't want it and they didn't care other than to say "I'm sorry and I understand your concerns". Well that doesn't do me any good. Get whatever you think you're getting in writing FIRST before signing anything! They will lie to you. I will not be recommending them to anyone!

Sales quoted me a package and a price. I did not receive that package and when I called to complain they said I would have to pay considerably more money. I told them I would go back to DirecTV. Within a few days I reconnected with DirecTV who gave me the channels I requested for the lower price and service from Dish. I disconnected Dish. Now Dish wants me to pay $500 for disconnecting service. I will not pay this because I did not receive service as promised and Dish customer service was rude and refused to help me. I was threatened when I called to disconnect.

On May 19th 2017 we have the Dish installed. It seems that I was given or should I say lied to. I wanted the dish that would allowed us to record. We are a new CUSTOMER. Paying the extra $10.00 a month was what we agreed to. The wrong box was install. NOW you want us to pay extra for the correct box. This is a sham. It's not our fault. It is yours. I want the correct box with NO EXTRA fees. I am retired and money is tight but do you care? I GUESS NOT. I doubt that you will take this seriously. Oh well, WE JUST may have to take action. Maybe call the TV STATIONS here to let every on know you stink. Maybe it will be newsworthy maybe not.

Installation seemed to be okay but shortly after installer left we noticed our internet was down. Dish should not have touched the internet service. I noticed that we could connect to our wireless modem but did not have internet connection. I called the internet provider and they ruled out what they could on their end. I told the internet provider that Dish had just changed my TV service and had made changes to the box on the side of my home to accommodate their service. I walked out to the box and saw that they had cut the original cable that was in the box and inserted a new one from the dish.

I called Dish support and indicated my internet was down. The Dish rep said they do not do internet and essentially dismissed anything I tried to tell them. He said, "Call your internet provider." I told them I had done that and the issue appeared to be the work the Dish installer did. After much discussion and persuasion, the Dish support staff said he would do a 3-way call to the internet provider. Shortly after the connection the Dish support staff member excused himself from the call. I continued the call with the internet provider support member and came to the same conclusion that we had come to previously - the Dish installer caused the problem.

The internet provider support staff member contacted Dish support. After more go-arounds with Dish which equated to about 4 hours on the phone, and through primarily the work of the internet provider support staff member, the internet provider got Dish to agree to pay for reconnection (but it sounded to me that Dish wanted me to pay for it). After a couple of hours of research and phone calls, the internet provider got Dish to set up a service claim but that option was not really ever offered to me.

I waited until today to express my desire to terminate my business with Dish based on my very frustrating experience with them. That is: Setup was done incorrectly and caused an issue and the Dish support experience was one the worst I have ever encountered. I went to the office to which I had contracted for the Dish network and told them of my experience and also my desire to terminate the service. The store manager sounded like he completely understood the basis for termination. That manager contacted Dish and stepped away for the conversation. He returned not looking pleased and handed me the phone. The lady on the phone indicated something to the effect she was with the office of the President of Dish and asked me to explain the issue. I did so and she informed me that I must pay a $400 early termination fee because I had signed the contract.

I told her repeatedly that Dish did not fulfill the contract and based my experience with them I did not want to be a subscriber. She repeatedly tried to indicate to me that the contract was binding even though Dish caused some issues and did not provide a correct install and the resulting frustrating customer support experience. They had my credit card info and she indicated she was charging that fee to the card. I am pursuing challenging the charges with the credit card company. The Dish representative indicated that she was aware that it was caused by Dish and that the support staff could have been better but that I did not give them time to resolve the issues. My concern is that I gave them time and could not get them to acknowledge the problem and to take action without the internet provider stepping in.

In addition, I did not want to be tied to a company that cannot get it right the first time, provided very poor support and would not acknowledge there was an issue with their work even with multiple contacts to their support department. Message sent to me is that Dish does not care about their relationships with the customer. So I am out $400 for getting very poor services from Dish.

About 7 yrs ago in 2010 Dish Network required me to purchase the receiver before they could hook me up, so I paid over $200 to purchase the receiver. Fast forward to January 2015 and I called them to get a technician to hook up the second TV I paid for because I had moved across state and I could only get one of the TV's. At that time the lady on phone told me they would be switching my box out as they no longer service those. It was not broke, it worked fine. I only had issue with wiring in the house.

The lady did not tell me that the box they would be bringing is not mine but theirs and would have to be returned. They never gave me option of what I could do like: to purchase another box just like I did first time or tell me they now would lease one to me because now I had good standing with them for 5 yrs. (No credit was why I had to purchase in beginning). I was just told they were switching boxes so I presumed, "Hmmm ok. Well guess I own this one since they physically are taken my box that I owned."

Now jump to today... I go to cancel service because I'm sick of prices going up and up. The lady informs me she will be sending box for the receiver... so the receiver I now have does not belong to me and the one that belonged to me Dish Network basically stole because they didn't give me options on my first box. I paid well over $200 on a piece of equipment that Dish Network decided they were taking it from me and handing me something they own. I should been given choices on what to do if I needed to get new receiver but my receiver was getting TV and was not broke so exactly why did I need to get it till one of those happened.

After multiple people and speaking with one of the presidents from Texas I was told it was part of agreement to trade my box in for a leased on... Knowing that was not true I asked him to email me a copy of the agreement with the part highlighted that tells me that. Obviously he can't provide that without a subpoena. Excuse me. It's my paperwork. I'm entitled to it. He then informed me it's not that one but would have been over the phone with the lady I called to get technician out. I can promise you she never said anything about trading the one I owned for leased one or that I could purchase another one. She just said they would be switching box out.

It's theft. Dish Network did not explain things and they straight stole my box I paid for and now they telling me it's part of contract but wasn't a contract I signed. I can file a police report if that's what I really think is all he could say. Yes Dish Network. You stole a piece of equipment. You didn't give me anything for what I paid for nor did you ask me if I wanted to trade it in. Don't go with Dish Network. They will charge you to buy a receiver then take it back from you. BS. I should be able to shot the box I purchased if I want to.

Dish processed an auto payment for over double the amount I usually pay. The first representative told me he would cancel the payment and I had until the 30th to pay it, but the next day it was taken out of my account. The next day, 3 representatives and 1 manager told me they can't credit my account because that's what I owe. I'm upset because I can't afford this double high payment now and Dish certainly didn't help me. They even disconnected one of my calls?!

I just joined Dish Network and we purchased their Flex Pack. The installation was fast and we had it installed the next day. Their online advertisement says you can select one free pack so we chose our local stations and the News Pack. The ad is a scam and we are paying for both of them. I've tried to straighten out this with Dish but they claim I'm being charged correctly. I signed up for E-AutoPay and they gave me a price of $34.99 but the discount disappears on the bill and we are back to $39.99 again.

I was told I would receive a free activation but was charged $49.99 processing fee because we live in Kentucky and I feel we were ripped off there too. I hope somebody starts a class action lawsuit on this company because they are very crooked. I have a very good package to watch in high definition and I cant terminate my service without paying a big charge for two years. I never signed a service agreement but they said I did and since nobody cares about my overcharge of about $5.00 to $10.00 I am forced to pay it. This company is terrible. Don't get service from them!

When I called them, it was because we say you have upgraded your service. You owe us for 16 months service. Their equipment doesn't work and they replace and it is my fault, is not acceptable. Then if you ever add a room they think they can sign you up for another 24 months of a contract. It will be a cold day... before I pay them a dime beyond the service I had enjoyed. The service before this was what was promised for my area, if a bit expensive. But trying to use boilerplate officious language to extend contracts, has made them someone I will consider criminals for all of time.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1980, DISH Network now provides paid TV to almost 14 million subscribers. The company, headquartered in Meridian, Colorado, is the second-largest satellite TV provider in the United States.

• Flexible payment: DISH network accepts Bitcoin as a payment method for those who prefer the cyber currency.
  • Fantasy and reality: Subscribers can watch a game and look at their fantasy football stats to chart their team's progress, using DISH Network Hopper.
  • Watch from anywhere: DISH Network allows access to recorded shows from anywhere, as long as there is an Internet connection.
  • No up-charge on HD: DISH Network offers free HD channels, and it does not charge extra for the high-quality imaging.
  • Promotional offers available: DISH Network sign-up promotions allow customers to get extra channels with a 24-month contract commitment.
  • Best for Television fans who watch a range of programs and households on a budget.

Compare Cable & Satellite TV Providers