1.68/5
  • 1 star
Based on 90 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 6, 2017

495 Subaru Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I leased a new Impreza from Ganley Subaru of Bedford, OH, three weeks ago and have been there for service four times already with still more safety issues hovering over my head. I discovered (the hard way) that all Imprezas have at least these problems: 1) The wheels are wobbly causing shakes and vibration. I have been to service three times to get them fixed, though it got better, it is still shaky. 2) The automatic unlock switch cannot unlock any door if the lock key at the door is in mid-way position. This is a severe safety risk in case of accidents if a person has to exit the car quickly after fire or flooding.

3) The information gauges for gas mileage and distance of travel are practically useless and are off by 50% or more which means you can run out of gas if you rely on these gauges. 4) The advertised gas mileage of 32 MPG is questionable, since all information gauges give you the wrong readings. 5) After parking, the steering wheel gets jammed and locked and requires some wiggling effort to unlock it.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I bought a used 2016 Subaru Forester with only about 20k miles on it, still under warranty. I was okay at first, now I notice how harsh the ride is. I can feel every bump in the road! Is there something wrong with the shocks? Are the shocks adjustable? Is there someone with the same vehicle experiencing the same thing?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

My vehicle is out of warranty and software on my head unit is out of date. There is a TSB to update it and fix multiple major bugs and in addition to allow mobile devices to connect. Some bugs can even be considered safety issue (e.g. backup camera lag - it takes 8 seconds for camera to turn on when car put in reverse). Based on "Exemption to Prohibition on Circumvention of Copyright Protection Systems for Access Control Technologies" act passed in 2014 car manufacturers cannot block car owners from updating their car's software on their own. I understand that such updates are done at my own risk and can possibly void warranty, which I don’t have any longer, so warranty coverage is unrelated to this case.

3 other makes I own since 2014 allow owners to update head unit software and make all of the update downloads public. Subaru of America also had updates published and available to public until they removed it few month ago. I sent multiple inquiries to Subaru HQ and received a reply that I MUST go through authorized retailer service in order to receive updates. When I contacted retailer they stated that such updates can only be done for a fee and they can’t provide update media to a customer even when I agreed to pay for it.

This is direct restriction of customer’s rights and it is done only for the purpose of making it impossible for customer to update their software on their own, forcing people to go through retailer services so Subaru can make more money. I love the company and this is 2nd Subaru vehicle I own, but this new business model is just unacceptable. It shows how Subaru as a company cares less about laws and its customers.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

My 2016 Subaru Forester's CVT transmission failed catastrophically at 42,000 miles with no prior warning. Vehicle would not move and made grinding sounds. Had it towed to the dealer and was told it is still under warranty. I asked about the failure and was told by the service techs that they had never heard or had a problem with the transmissions before. When I told them that Subaru has had numerous problems with the CVT over the years I was told that I did not know what I was talking about and that they never had a problem. I had researched the CVT problems quite a bit beforehand and was upset by the way I was treated. I now have a vehicle that I no longer trust and a dealer that will not ever get my business again.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

The 2017 Outback is a comfortable, roomy, economical and attractive vehicle for daily use and trips. When you add its bad weather and off-road capabilities, it becomes in a class by itself!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subaru?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

My 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX consumed excessive oil, resulting in bearing pieces being circulated throughout the engine ruining it. This was my first Subaru and my last. I called Subaru but was told the car was out of warranty. Even though the engineering was defective the company would still not stand behind its product. I am currently having to pay over $8,000 for a new engine & labor. Have never been more disappointed in anything that I have bought ever. If a company knows its product is defective you would think they would have an obligation to offer pay for at least part of the engine. Awful, awful experience. I'm going back to my German built autos, never one problem with them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I bought my 2017 Outback in May of 17 and for two weeks worked good. Almost no problems. Then all of the sudden EyeSight started malfunctioning and then the anti collision auto braking started up when no other vehicles were even around or in sight. The blind spot detection started going off and lighting up both mirrors. Again no vehicles around within at least a mile on a two lane road, at the same time it would suddenly brake with no alarm or any sort of notification. Then eyesight would turn off and not allow me to switch to cruise control (not adaptive cruise control).

Then almost two weeks to a month after that I started getting noise from center console/front of vehicle area. So I took it to the dealership and they said it was bad tires. So I went and bought a new set, well that didn't fix the problem. Took it back in immediately and they continued to look over it and came back that they transmission, transaxle, and wheel bearings were all bad, so after almost two weeks in the shop I got it back and it worked fine for about a month. Then the infotainment system went bad, then blindspot again, then it started stalling out with AC on coming to a stop, which brings me to now. Now the noise at the beginning is coming back and the blind spot is acting up again and this time only near railroad equipment.

I forgot the windshield broke a month after having it, not due to any rocks or anything of that sort. Just randomly popped and cracked all the way across staring from the passenger side. I bought the car with 4 miles on it. Now it has 56k and is always highway driven and never driven hard at all. The fastest the has ever been pushed was 85 mph passing semi trucks. I have started to notice GPS seems to constantly lose connection, but that could be because of the area I live in. There seems to be a lot of GPS problems up here so not that big of a deal.

I have been in contact with Subaru of America throughout the whole ordeal and all they say is take it to the shop. Seriously no **. I thought I might try to fix it my self and void the freaking warranty. Subaru fan base seems to be loyal to the company no matter what even if they absolutely are freakin terrible. They have offered no solutions to the problems but besides take it to the dealership's shop and they will have to recreate the problem. Most times they fail to do so because it's either not driven far enough to recreate it or it's just not looked at that in-depth.

Now I am seeing if Subaru will either compensate for time out of my work and having the car constantly in the shop and them selling a lemon, or just filling for lemon law. I am currently looking for options. I will never buy another Subaru ever again. I am done with being treated like an idiot from S.O.A. and being told to just take it to the shop. It's already in the shop once a month for oil changes which are outrageously expensive and tire rotation.

When people tell you they are reliable don't believe them. Also when you drop almost $37k on vehicle you expect it to work, and on top of that I drive for my job and if I don't have a reliable and safe vehicle for work I won't have work for long. Anyway be very careful buying a Subaru and I advise if you do stay away from eyesight systems. Pretty much the only thing decent about the car is the looks somewhat. The only reason I bought the damn thing is because I trusted what people said about them being reliable and the amount of interior room and interior cargo space it had, but never again.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

We have owned the Forester for only about 8 months so I have tempered my ratings accordingly. I am favorably impressed with the overall performance of the Forester. It has enough "get up and go" for me even though we do not have a turbocharged model. With more than 6000 miles of driving, we are averaging almost 29 mpg combined city and highway. Leg and headroom are ample. Customer service, at least at our dealership (Sangera, in Bakersfield, CA) has been extraordinary, so far - we have only been there once for scheduled maintenance but they went above and beyond our expectations to accommodate us.

I have had the vehicle off road once and was quite impressed. While not a "rock crawler" it handled the ups, downs and sand easily. We have very few complaints and they are minor: Air conditioning fan is loud, but we live in the desert so it is operating in the top three speeds most of the time. Visors are on the small side. While front to back legroom is ample, side to side is a little tight. Bottom line, we are satisfied with our purchase, though if I had to do it again I think I would opt for white instead of silver and I might look a little more closely at the Outback.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I am having a terrible issue with my 2011 Subaru Outback paint rusting. It is only on the top of my car and the top of the hatchback. I have owned many cars for this long and never ever had an issue with paint. I have spoke with the dealer and Subaru and they will not do anything about it. I live in the south where the weather is mild.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I was sold on Subaru after spending time in Colorado, Wyoming and Montana and seeing so many Subarus on the road. I traded my LR3 for the Crosstrek. Small, simple, sporty little car. I had been drawn in to the commercials selling love and tradition and warm and fuzzy emotions. I was told at purchase that the powertrain/drivetrain was lifetime. Besides the incredibly loud road noise and lightweight size of the vehicle it got great gas mileage. It was easy to zip around town and fit in any parking space. The look was sporty and cute.

At 58000 miles both rear wheels had bearings go out, the alternator had to be replaced, the battery had to be replaced and I had just put new set of nice tires on it. Contacting dealer I purchased from I was told all under warranty except for battery. Upon taking to Subaru, told nothing under warranty. When purchased I was told this car would hold its value like a Jeep. I traded it yesterday and I owed 18577 on payoff and multiple dealers valued at 11,000. This was the most costly vehicle I ever owned and the most stressful. You do not want to drive near large pickup trucks or 18 wheelers. I was suckered in like a Hallmark card on a cold winter day.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Okay, first off I'd like to comment that generally the 2017 Subaru Outback is an excellent vehicle. Now on to the real subject. The Fujitsu-10 navigation system Subaru installs in these vehicles is Dysfunctional and pretty much AWFUL. I purchased two 2017 Subaru's, one Outback and one Crosstrek, in the later part of 2016; both have the NAV system and I think they are both the same. Shortly after purchasing the Outback I began to notice that the nav system, which I use all the time, tends to provide inaccurate directions. I first picked up on the inaccurate directions because no matter what address I plugged into the nav system, 95% of the time the system tells me I have reached my destination when, in fact, I could be 3 to 4 blocks to as much as 1/8 mile from the final destination. So I began to watch more closely.

To my amazement I realized that some of the directions, not all but maybe 20%, given by the nav system were–I cannot say this in a politically acceptable manner–not intuitive, stupid and dysfunctional. Two examples are 1) it tells me to exit a major highway, go through a toll booth, then get back on the same highway, and 2) to make a right hand turn it told me to go around the block in a counterclockwise direction when, in fact, there was nothing preventing me to simply turn right.

I first reported the erroneous navigation performance to the Service Manager at Bath Subaru in Bath, Maine in May 2017. They took a look and reported the Service Tech could not find anything wrong. The Service Manager asked that if happens again I should document exactly what happened. The issue continued so I documented almost each and every occurrence, some including pictures of the nav screen. In June the Service Manager sent an email asking that I bring the Outback in on June 22, 2017, so a Subaru Field Service Engineer could take a look and provide a remedy. Vehicle went in on June 22 and it was reported per Subaru’s Field Service Engineer, “I am ordering you a new radio head unit. There seems to be a hardware failure making your navigation fail intermittently." Great… or at least I thought so at the time.

At the end of July 2017 the new Head Unit was finally installed. The Service Manager said the new head unit will resolve the nav failure and asked that should any further incidents of erroneous performance occur I clearly document them and email them to her. The new head unit did not resolve the defective nav performance and a week later, on August 8, I sent 5 different examples to her. Thereafter, I continued to send her 3-5 different examples for several more weeks. Fact was, the new head unit made the problem worse.

Here are two examples: 1) I needed to travel south on Route 95. This is a major highway, not some obscure road in nowhere Maine. The nav unit directed me to enter into the Rt 95 northbound exit, against exiting traffic, drive over both the northbound and southbound lanes on an imaginary overpass that clearly didn't exist, then travel on an imaginary Rt 95 southbound entrance ramp that also did not exist, and get on Rt 95 south. Quite dangerous! 2) In order to get to my final destination the Subaru nav system instructed me to turn right into a field having no road, travel off-road for 2 miles across this roadless field, and meet up with another road on the other side of the field. The Subaru handles different terrains fairly well, but not that well.

On or about August 15, 2017 the Service Manager at Bath Subaru asked Subaru of America to step in. I received an email from Subaru of America in which a Subaru representative apologized for my navigation "concerns" and asked for some time to review the problem. On September 20 I received a follow-up email stating "At this time, our Quality Assurance team is still in the processing of reviewing the concerns you are experiencing with your navigation unit with the units vendor, Fijutsu-10. There is no updated feedback that has been provided."

It is now October 16th. I took the Outback in for routine service during which time I spoke to the Service Manager about the nav issues. I was told by the Svc Mgr that she has a number of other reports of the same problem, all waiting for Subaru of America and/or Subaru's Quality Assurance team and/or Fujitsu-10 to identify the cause of the dysfunctional navigation system and re-mediate the problem.

Six months in passing and Subaru cannot provide an answer to the AWFUL and sometimes dangerous performance of the Fujitsu-10 navigation system. Although the performance of the 2017 Subaru Outback is very good, I would never purchase another Subaru, not only because the navigation system is defective and/or dysfunctional and/or dangerous from time to time but because Subaru seems unable or unwilling to fix the problem with the navigation system which I paid upwards of $2,000 for. Buyer beware!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My first car was a 2005 Subaru STi. I drove it throughout college, about 100 miles a day, from work, school and back home again. It never let me down, and I drove the crap out of it. I sold it right before I got married and got a brand new 2013 Crosstrek for the wife (future) and a used 2010 Outback for myself. In just about one year I began noticing how low the oil level was when changing the oil on the Crosstrek. I change my oil every 3500 miles with full synthetic oil and a OEM filter. It was never low enough to set off the oil light, but I would have to add about 1.5 quarts between oil changes, which is not normal for any low performance naturally aspirated car. I brought it to the dealer and they said oil consumption at that level was normal. So I accepted the fact that I would just add 1.5 quarts between my 3500k mile oil change interval.

At 30K miles on the Crosstrek, the blower motor started acting up, there was a hard start issue (probably crank sensor) and passenger rear wheel bearing was noisy. The dealer did not want to replace any of the parts under warranty. They did not even want to diagnose it. At that point I did not want this car anymore. Who knows what else might go wrong another 30k miles later. So I traded the Crosstrek in for a 2017 Forester Touring. Now the CVT on the Forester is acting up at highway speeds.

I am waiting to see what the dealer has to say about this issue. Whether they are going to dismiss it and say its normal, or actually look into the service bulletins issued to see if something is applicable. This is quality and service I did not expect from what-used-to-be my favorite car manufacturer. So in short, the three (3) stars is for my old 2005 STi and my 2010 Outback. Everything Subaru produced after that is and was Junk. I will never purchase another Subaru again. Back to Honda/Toyota.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I used to think Subaru is a good and reliable brand name, but I change my mind now after the transmission failed after only 6 yrs on the road. The mileage is just around 98,000. Luckily that Subaru has extended the powertrain warranty that I don't have to pay a costly repair. This failure on CVT transmission should be a recall rather than giving out extended warranty. They said that the reason for this warranty extension is that it is not a safety concern!! Really??? What if my outback got stalled on a highway, would this cause an accident. For sure in my opinion. What if my car transmission failed just after the warranty expires?

I own a 2011 Subaru Outback, by the way. I also own a 1998 Sienna van from Toyota. And the transmission is still fine. Toyota has put money in Subaru, I think they should reconsider their take. And luckily that last summer I bought a second hand Toyota RAV4 for my daughter instead of Subaru. I was looking for a used Subaru, but thank God I changed my mind for a Toyota. NEVER BUY A SUBARU AGAIN!!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

My 2013 Subaru Outback needs the transmission replace at Subaru's expense. All I'm getting is comments that because there are so many vehicles with this problem they do not have enough transmissions to fix the problem. At first we were told it would be 7-10 days for the necessary parts. Then we were told it would be 4-5 weeks. We have surpassed that time frame with no idea when my car will be fixed. I am not able to use it as I need. This is totally unacceptable. Pressure from various agencies needs to happen now.

Resolution response: Oct. 9, 2017

They still wouldn't fix the rust but i got a better deal on a new 2018 STI. i guess its all a number of sales verses happy customers. If the car didn't rust i would still have it.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

9/28/2017 went to the dealership that I've been to since I bought the car Oct 2014. 0 mile STI. The trunk vents are rusting, and the paint on the roof is bubbling and rusting through. SUBARU ISN'T COVERING THE REPAIR COSTS. I have 40k on the car and it's only 3 years old. GREAT JOB SUBARU!!! YOU have now lost a multi Subaru owner. Will never buy another one...

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

We purchased a used 2011 Outback with 175K miles from a private party. Higher mileage for sure, but at a decent price and we needed an AWD vehicle. We were told how great Subarus were, especially for snow. After a few months the car started sputtering from a stop, and multiple warning lights would come on... Blinking A/T temp light (even though it wasn't driven far enough, or hard enough to overheat), cruise control, & brake lights, and the CEL would stay on!!

After some research I came to the realization that this seems to be a problem with Subaru CVT's. So much so that Subaru extended the warranty on them, but did not do a recall. Great for buyers that fell within the time/mileage limit, not so much for everyone else that have these issues later on. The transmission shop is trying to find a solution that is (relatively) inexpensive. Because the price for a new, or rebuilt CVT is around $7,500, getting transmission issues on anything but a newer model (which would still be under warranty) would mean the car is basically a throwaway unless you want to buy a transmission that cost as much as the car is worth.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

On December 2017 we leased a 2017 Subaru Forester. A few months later and many trips to my dealer, I discovered that the radio system is not working. I contacted Subaru Corporate headquarters and I am getting the run around. They are refusing to fix the issue.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I have a 2016 Legacy Premium 2.5 engine. I experienced a trembling being felt on the driver seat, floorboards and on the passenger seat. I've had it in four times. This didn't happen last year when I bought the car and during the summer when using the A/C. Now this year when I use the a/c and the cooling fans go to high speed you feel this trembling. I went to the dealer for where I bought it and the mechanic said that that was normal. He even felt the trembling. He then said to switch to premium gas.

I took it to another dealer and the mechanic felt the trembling also. He then said he would look into it. He called me back and said he sat in a similar 2016 Legacy and with the approx. same mileage and said it did the same. So he even said it was normal. If it is normal why didn't it do the same thing last year. Subaru of America said that there was nothing they could do because the mechanics said it was normal. It feels like you are sitting in a vibrating chair. They say it is normal then Subaru needs to fix this problem. What you pay for the car it should run smooth. I am very dissatisfied with the car and the service. There is something wrong with the fans or engine or trans. Does anyone have this issue.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Before you decide to purchase a Subaru, be sure to check ALL areas of the car to make sure it has been COMPLETELY painted. YES I did say painted! Under the hood should NOT be just primer, it should be painted and have a clear coat on it. Look closely at ALL of the seams, inside the door jams, the bottoms of the doors, the hinges of the hatch or trunk, the gas tank lid. My Crosstrek only has an overspray or primer on these areas. For those who don't know, primer is grey and a clear coat is what makes your paint shiny.

Subaru is NOT giving their cars away, you're paying FULL price so, you should be getting a FULLY painted car! Check out other car manufacture paint jobs before you enter a Subaru dealership. The affordable Kia has an excellent paint job as does my VW beetle and my VW Sportwagen, Chevy also does an amazing job. Look under the hoods of these other automakers' cars and you'll be rethinking about the so called "quality" that Subaru delivers.

You're paying a lot of money for top quality so, why settle for less than mediocre? You know it's a bad paint job when you bring your car to have it detailed and the detailer recommends that you get rid of the car before it rusts! And I thought I was buying quality, boy was I wrong! Don't make the same mistake that I did. I am currently working with Subaru and it does not look favorable. If they do decide to help me out I will update this post.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Purchased 2015 Subaru Outback... Wonderful car!!! Except for the SCREEN on the sound system (radio). Over time, the screen becomes filled with squiggly lines (looks like ^^^^ hieroglyphics). When any bright light strikes the screen, it becomes almost impossible to view... Everything. Had replaced by dealer, but the problem returned. Dealer says it's "Common with this car." Is anyone else having this problem? Did anyone else get a 'fix'? I can definitely say that this issue will STOP my wife and I from getting another Subaru.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

We purchased a 2016 Forester in October 2015. In June 2017 we were hit on the passenger side causing our Subaru Forester to be totaled in an accident that also resulting in an emergency c-section. We paid $24,000 to buy a brand new model and drove it less than 2 years before accident. During the accident I hit my head hard against the side and no airbag deployed. I have had painful headaches since and am seeing a physical therapist for head and neck pain. The body shop that inspected our vehicle told us the airbags should have deployed based on the fact that we were hit directly on the passenger side where the side sensor was. We waited over 6 weeks for Subaru to inspect the vehicle and get back to us with an answer about airbags. They gave us a very generic response that because we were hit at an oblique side angle the airbag may not always deploy.

The next vehicle we buy brand new and spend $24,000 on will certainly have working airbags in any situation. It is federal law to have airbags in vehicles, to have a scenario in which the manufacturer can declare the airbag may legally fail is baloney to put it nicely. Before the accident we absolutely loved our Forester and I truly wanted to be able to say that the Subaru company was helpful to us during a rough time. I felt we were ignored and all of my husband's attempts to discuss our situation were handled without care. I would have liked for someone to have spoken to us on the phone directly instead of feeding us generic emails basically saying there was no answer and we had to wait. I would have liked to have known the $24,000 vehicle we invested money into might have bought us more care when being in an accident and being left without our car with a newborn.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

After driving a 2001 Forester we were so happy to get a newer version. We bought ours in February, it is a manual (2013 Forester) which we felt would only extend the life of a vehicle that has a reputation for a long life. Last week we got stranded, the clutch would not work, it would not go into gear. We had it towed to our mechanic who told us it was a "common" issue with manual Foresters where a part of the clutch breaks within the transmission and destroys the transmission. Subaru knows this is an issue because they have part that you can buy and install to prevent this from happening to the next clutch and transmission you put in your car. Wait, yes I said it... They have not FIXED THE ISSUE. They put a band aid on it and only AFTER you put a different transmission in.

The Subaru is past the powertrain warranty of 3 years or 50,000 miles and we didn't want to pay $400 to get it towed an hour away at the nearest dealer so we had our mechanic fix it... Who by the way fixes TONS of Subarus. You would think Subaru would care about the little guy that helps them sell the reputation of their brand, the customer who shares the reputation of their brand, or THEIR BRAND! I called Subaru and they told me they would not talk to me, let me write a letter, review my situation, NOTHING because I didn't tow it to the dealer 45 minutes away when I didn't even know what was the issue. "We can't do ANYTHING to help you" is what I was told.

I am thoroughly disgusted that they know they have an issue they don't fix and just keep taking our money. Instead of me telling everyone what a wonderful brand Subaru is, I will be telling them this story... You would think they would give me the money I paid for the used transmission just to shut me up and keep me as a customer.... But I guess they have enough customers and don't need me. Your loss Subaru.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

We are Seniors and have bought cars since 1960. Bar none. Subaru 2013 Outback is the BEST and most dependable car we have ever owned. The car is 4 years old and looks like it just came off the lot! Also, after 4 years of ZERO care other than Maintenance and tires and a battery there has been no additional cost. After driving Cadillacs (2 at a time) for years we never knew it was possible to have no repair costs. Other family members are now purchasing their own Subarus for themselves based upon our rating.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I love my 2013 Subaru Impreza and had no issues up to now. I know I'm part of a class action suit, and I reviewed it and saw it was not only for oil issues but also for CVT transmission problems. My car is 62,000 and I've done all of the services. After my 60,000 check up, where everything checked out fine, I heard an odd grumbling noise and was told I needed a new transmission, which luckily is still under warranty. However, there are simply no parts available in all the USA and it could take weeks or months due to back order. I was told it was "safe" to drive, but I live alone and drive country roads and was told it could stop at some point. To me that's not safe. I find it unacceptable that a car so popular should have such a serious issue. I've been in touch with the customer service hotline and someone keeps promising me he'll try to expedite getting the part, but there's been no action.

I can't even get a "guesstimate." I've been offered $500 for a rental car, but that's only 10 days and that will not even begin to cover that it could take "weeks." So, it's worthless right now until I can even get an estimated arrival date. I'm beginning to think I need to trade in the car, but after this, not sure I want another Subaru. Buying a new car is hard work and I'm not in the mood for all of that. I don't like driving around with a faulty major part of the car. I'm disgusted and angry. I'm going to write a letter to the Chief Operating Officer at their headquarters to see if I can get some action.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

We bought a 2015 Outback 3.6R Limited while it was on the train to Dellenbach in Ft. Collins, CO in Dec of 2014. My wife drove all the way up there in the snow from Littleton to avoid the poor reputation dealerships in the metro area. My wife's father totalled our old car and I talked the wife out of buying the 4Runner we both truly wanted for something a little more economical. Our teenage son was still driving my moms old 1999 Impreza Outback with 330k on it, so reliability didn't seem to be as much of a factor as much as the safety. While we lived in CO, not many issues aside from a windshield that is paper thin and cracks if you spit on it and snow gets wedged in the wheel wells just as bad as the old Subaru.

Then spring came and we started having issues with the rear lift gate. The not so friendly or helpful employees at a particular stealership on Arapahoe and Dry Creek were defensive and accusatory trying to say we had the memory set. Take it up there and get a recall on the ridiculous eyesight programming, just for them to tell us they can't duplicate the lift gate failure. Of course not! You just unhooked the battery which resets the system! We just put up with the occasional rear gate for a year, I keep the oil and filters fresh and we move to the heat of AZ. The rear gate has been getting worse to the point that it rarely ever works no matter what pattern or manual intervention you do. Now our rear gate is completely useless. The dealership in Chandler is great and has noticed the latching being brisk and misaligned. BUT of course, they can't do anything about it until their body shop opens. Enough.

First Bru purchase from us but many in the family over the years, this will be the final. All of the others have been traded or sold, we can't wait to get out of this car as well. We don't care about the electronics or the gimmicks, we wanted a reliable and functional vehicle like we had with our Camry. We will be driving back to CO to sell this car where we can get a better price for it and go shopping. Toyota quality has degraded over the years, it looks like the influence by Toyota Motor Corp is starting to show in Subaru's product lines. Too bad, we wanted to like this super ugly car, it is comfy, drives ok for a boring CVT and the mileage is amazing. Cheap parts, poor assembly and lack of customer service makes our Subaru feel like a Chevrolet. Love. Its what makes Subaru owners wish they had their old cars back.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

For a long time, I wanted a Subaru Legacy car, being fascinated primarily with the reliability of the Japanese cars and also with this brand (studying the history of the brand, the beginnings, the technology, ...) and now I managed to buy one In second hand (because I could not afford a new one, though, with that money, I could have bought another car brand almost nine). I took it from a known, serious person, knowing the history of the car. It's a Legacy, a 2008, 2.0-liter, 150cp diesel boxer that has 220,000 km. Series: ** / 2008. Nr. Identification: **. Engine: Tip EE 20; Series **. I was glad that the person she bought her took care of her, he invested heavily in her (at that moment thinking he was unlucky), but it seems that bad luck continues to me and not only, But to all who have this Subaru model;

After I was interested in the Romanian specialty forums, I found out that all the owners of this model are talking about a serious problem with this type of engine and even if it had a proper use and proper maintenance, none have ever reached More than 200,000 km without total engine failure. The mechanics say there is a fault in vibrochen, which breaks and it in turn destroys the entire engine block, and the whole engine becomes unusable.

This is what happened with more than 90% of these market engines in Romania. I, even though I have not bought it for too long, have rectified the turbine, replaced an injector and it seems that I will have to replace the other injectors, including the turbine again (repair kits are not in Romania, as well The other parts, special mechanics, are no longer there, there is only one representative in the capital city of Bucharest and which does not represent the interests of the clients, let alone the authorities) and yet the engine is not heard at all and I am Afraid to go a long distance with her (I do not have the courage to leave the city), for fear of happening to me the same way, to break the vibrochen and to stay who knows where in the field... discouraging!

What is the value of the description on the official website? "This engine is not just a new evolution of diesel models - it's a revolution! It's the first time that a diesel engine with horizontal roller mounted is installed on a SUBARU BOXER DIESEL"... the revolution lies in the fact that it does not last (while other manufacturers guarantee these km) more than 200,000 km. The answer I received from the representative was that "I did not document myself before, I did not know what I was up to!" The guarantee is 200,000 km, which she does not guarantee “and we All the owners had to change their engines or give them old beasts, losing money!”

I would have liked to have sent a letter of appreciation to represent Romania or to Europe or directly to Japan (where it is impossible) and to express my gratitude for having this brand and the joy to lead it but I have spent More time in repair centers than to use it, but it seems that things will not stop here, as it is already compromised. I would have liked this mail to be sent directly to Subaru Corporation, the Customer Consumer Division, or in the worst case to the Romanian authorities, not to you, but no email address is available for you. Japan and send to the Romanian representatives, proved to be equal to ZERO. If you can help me with a Subaru Corporation mailing address, Customer Consumer Division, to find a compromise solution.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

About 5 minutes after I left the Subaru dealership I knew that my 2014 Forester that I owned for 3 years was not running properly. Eventually I found out the dealership upgraded some software because of an imaginary idle problem. Now I'm left with a car with much less acceleration and power, and to boot a 20-30% reduction in mpg. There are several other problems too. Subaru's was response was not acceptable: Nothing we can do. The person handling the case had no interest from second one. In the past they have helped with serious issues. This is their software, they are responsible for getting the car back to the previous running condition.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Outstanding vehicle. There is no better symmetrical all wheel drive vehicle in this price range. Approximately $30,000. Handles brilliantly regardless of road condition.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

January 2017, I decided it was time to upgrade my Subaru. I went to Dick Hannah and found a 2015 Subaru WRX (certified Preowned) still under the factory warranty. Sold. The car was wonderful... for about three weeks. Then it was downhill for the next 6 months. The check engine light came on and was of course taken to Dick Hannah's service department to be repaired. They claimed to have fixed it and a week later, light comes on again. So I go back and forth about 8 times (about 3-4 months, same light same problem) and I finally go to the general manager and see if this is a lemon.

Apparently I missed that by about a month. Okay cool. Now what? I am treated poorly by them and there is nothing they can do. I moved on to Gresham Subaru, and at this point I get Subaru of America involved. Gresham claims to fix the car... same light, same problem a week later. Now we are at 9 visits to the shop for the same problem. As if I'm not frustrated enough... I cannot get a hold of anyone at Subaru for probably two weeks. Their customer service reps would say "okay 24-48 hours and you will get a call from a supervisor." Never happens and I continue to call and wonder what is going on.

So it doesn't qualify for a lemon OR a buy back - no explanation, just "no it doesn't qualify" - I'm wanting a collateral exchange at this point... 7 months later, 10 visits for the same check engine light issue, the techs are literally scratching their head at my car. And everyone at Subaru of America is beating around the bush. Won't answer my calls, keeps saying that they won't know anything until their engineers take a look at my car, they keep ordering and replacing and testing parts and I feel like I am a victim of a scam. This is the most awful experience and Subaru is showing their true colors and do NOT stand behind their vehicles when there is a problem. Clearly the 1 and half stars by everyone else explains enough. I HAD to rate this as one star but it doesn't even deserve that.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I live on a gravel drive about 1/3 mile long and my Subaru keeps getting gravel up in the undercarriage. It is easy to remove but of course you need to take it to a dealer to do it and thus a service call of about $100. I have never had a car where living on a gravel road is a problem but Subaru says there is nothing they can do. I am selling my car and getting something else because I can't keep going to the dealer to get rocks (gravel) removed from my undercarriage. PS - the rocks sound like the car has a loose exhaust system.

Subaru Company Information