3.9/5 (365 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Subaru

Subaru is a Japanese car brand that makes coupes, sedans and SUVs. Read reviews for their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Subaru Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subaru?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subaru?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

The safety features and it's so fun to drive! I really liked how it handled and reasonably priced. They have several models to choose from, but I am partial to the Crosstrek Sport, it has all of the things I am looking for and then some!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I have had 5 new Subaru cars since 2006, all 5 cars were a pleasure to own, 2 Foresters, 2 Outbacks, and 1 Ascent. The cars are all comfortable, easy to drive and come with many extras as standard equipment. Great resale and trade. Highest rated for safety and insurance.Other

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Love my Impreza--it's my second one. Comfortable, feels safe, lots of well thoughtout extras. I researched a few dealerships before buying/servicing--some do it better than others. All in all, would buy another and recommend.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

With a 20+ year old Subaru and a 3 year old one I have unbelievable confidence in this brand. Other than an alternator failure there have been no issues. The number of winter situations they have gotten us through is a start, but the new one's safety features instill security and confidence.

Original review: March 10, 2021

My son bought a 2016 Subaru WRX STI from a Ford dealer. He had problems with it right after buying it. Fast forward to a year later and it needs a new transmission. The warranty that was sold with the car was actually void because the person who traded it to Ford had put aftermarket parts on it and a "tune." We contacted Subaru about the problem and they are going to honor the warranty and pay for the repairs. I am happy to say that Subaru is a great company. There are not many companies that stand behind their products these days. Thank You Subaru!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

These guys don’t care about you, your car, or your experience. Not at all supposed to see the low rating. Thankfully before I submitted my application to be a Subaru of America ambassador, they showed me their true colors and let me know that they were not at all concerned with their customers or with having integrity. I hope I never have to call them for any reason ever again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I used to be a loyal Subaru customer, but will never consider buying a Subaru again. After attempting to purchase my leased Subaru, Subaru Motor Finance could not confirm for over 3 weeks whether they ever received the check in the mail. I called for weeks, always being told that someone would get back in touch with me in 48 hours - no one ever called me back. I have spent over 4 hours on hold over the past weeks without any resolution.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I called Subaru Care team last week after my Son who is in the military 2011 Subaru with 112,000 miles CVT Transmission failed. The car is in my name due to it being purchased when he was seventeen 2 years ago. Also because he has been gone the last year and not driving it due to training in California. The cost for a Transmission to be repaired is close to 8,000. dollars. The part itself costs 6,640 dollars. I called Subaru because my son is only home for 2 months for additional training close to home before he deploys, I asked Subaru being so close to the extended warranty could they assist me in any way with replacing the transmission. Outside of this issue the car is in excellent shape. Subaru America said they could not help me and could only offer me a $1,500 towards a brand new vehicle even though Subaru would not even take the Outback as a trade in and told me to take it to pick in pull.

With my son deploying he won't be home for a few years so a brand new vehicle is not necessary which I told them. $1500 towards the repair and a Subaru staying on the road instead of being totaled due to Subaru's known CVT issue I think would be more beneficial to me and their brand. Incredibly disappointed with Subaru America Care Team for One charging such an astronomical dollar amount to fix a Subaru transmission, Two not caring about rare circumstances like a military individual deploying in two months and not needing a new car but assistance with the repair of their current car so they can drive it until they leave! The Subaru America Care Team obviously follow the corporate log book and do not look at each induvial situation. Their Branding definitely needs to be updated. They obviously don't love to Care the Military!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Extremely disappointed. I purchased a 2010 Subaru Forester from Bloomington in October of 2020 for nearly $9,000. 9 months later it broke down on the road and requires an engine replacement. I spoke with the manager and was told "Sometimes used cars break down. There's nothing we can do." I emailed Subaru directly and received no reply. There are no laws to protect consumers from faulty used vehicles, but good customer service, I think, dictates a $9k vehicle should last more than 9 months. I will not be going back to Bloomington Subaru nor will I ever purchase a Subaru of any kind.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Hi, we have a relatively old Subaru, about 8 years but very low mileage and the a/c failed with a projected cost of $2,500. Seeing as the vehicle has been used very little, the repair amounts to $3 for every hour it has been driven. I asked if this was normal from Subaru and they simply explained that it was out of warranty. So if you want a reliable car that is going to last for years, and you have low mileage, maybe best to look elsewhere, as they appear unconcerned that there are failures despite low usage. Warranty should be time or mileage-based. My first and last Subaru, oh well.

Subaru Company Information