Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

81 Tesla Motors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We have an earlier production model VIN 72XX and have been quite pleased with it. We did have an issue with the glove box popping open but a quick visit by a mobile technician fixed that. Very easy and painless process.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Love the car, absolutely hate the customer service. Our car is in the shop since Dec 6th 2018 and no date in sight for when it will be ready. No answer from Tesla than an email. No customer service antiquates when you call the dealership. We have 2 Lexus vehicle in our home and Tesla definitely need to learn a lot from Lexus in regards to customer service. Here is hint for you Tesla service guys... When someone buys a 100+K vehicle, they don't expect to make an appointment for 3 to 5 weeks from the current day. They just walk into the dealership and expect it to be taken care of right away or walk away with a same model loaner. Don't believe me, go to a Lexus or Mercedes dealership and try it yourself. (They wont' put you in a beater WV from Enterprise like Tesla did one time when we went to get it fixed.)

I can go on and on, but I'll just say this, they have a lot of catching up to do in regards to customer service and parts distribution. My Model S was in an accident in 1st week of December 2018 and as of this afternoon (6 weeks later), the body shop is still waiting for the parts to arrive from Tesla before they can even start the work. Now what caused me to take the time and write this review here, I found out that Tesla parts distribution center has put the hold on accepting any parts order until Mid Feb. So basically once they open up after Mid Feb, then my order will go in and then God knows how much time it will take them to send the parts. So basically, I'm looking at at least 45 - 60 more days from today.

I bet if this was Elan's Tesla, it would've been fixed in a couple of days... And yes, that's what Tesla has to learn, you have to treat all your customers like they are your founder. If you have not realized it already, it's the customer service ERA. You WILL lose business if you don't get your act together sooner than later. I can be reached at ** if anyone is interested in investigating the issue. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Tesla is a nice car. No doubt. But their service sucks. Our car is in the repair shop after an accident for more than a month now. Tesla cannot even give us an approximate date of delivery of parts! No one answers the phone. You cannot talk to anybody. Tesla Parts representative simply emails, "Tesla is non-customer facing" so you have to email me. The number that appears at the bottom of his email goes nowhere other than a few automated options. I am stuck with one parts person who simply keeps emailing me. I cannot even talk to a responsible manager who can listen to our dilemma and find a solution. I hope this review will find its way to someone responsible at Tesla. Based on this experience, I will not consider a second Tesla for our family.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Every person was either extremely defensive, or indifferent. Had to deal with 6 or more people, each indifferent or became defensive if challenged. Every person. Not just one or 2 of them. Every. From the test drive person, to the salesperson, through delivery. HOW IS THIS UNNOTICED BY MANAGEMENT? Baffling. They suck at returning calls, getting information accurate, and not one person was consistent with their product or process knowledge. Quite nervous about any problems we may have down the road.

Wish I hadn't assumed these reviews seemed petty. They're true, from experience. Noted Tesla sent a survey, one question, "would you recommend Tesla" to friends. It should read "would you recommend A Tesla" to friends. Yes, Tesla is a great product. Process to get one, dreadful. It is set up to be a cool experience, yet fails in execution. Doomed if change is not implemented to create CUSTOMER focus, rather than Tesla focus. Wow, the egos on them. Every single one.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I do feel sorry and sympathize with those who had such bad experience with Tesla Motors. We now have two Tesla cars in the family, 2018 Model 3 and 2016 Model S. We absolutely love them, although sometimes one could feel after all this is a new technology and young car company, and desire some improvements especially in the service and customer support area. It took a while to get used to the simplicity, no more bells and whistles that we used to see in a car, no need to turn engine on and off, just get in, drive, and leave afterwards. :)

All the updates are done over the air, some improvements are obvious and some subtle. No more trips to gas stations - we charge Model 3 at home (We do have solar panels installed, not from Tesla as a local company offered better deal), or at work occasionally. We charge the battery between 25% to 90% in order to extend the battery lifespan (8-year warranty), so we get about 180-200 miles between charging, not a problem at all for my wife who drives 10-15 miles round trip to work.

I drive to office once a week. It is 70 miles from home, but there are 4 Tesla Supercharging stations along the way, charging speed at 250-350 miles/hour. So I drive the 2016 Model S that has lifetime unlimited supercharging, plus I can use carpool lane! (To use the carpool lane, one does need to get stickers from DMV for $22 in California.) The car is so responsive and fun to drive. Because of energy regeneration system, one rarely uses brakes. Some owners reported no change of brake pads till 90K miles! Only thing that might need to be replaced more often are the tires. We do keep one gas car at home for emergency or airport use (2014 MB E350), driving it reminds us how primitive automobiles used to be. :):)

We had no issues with the Model 3 so far. The 2016 Model S had a warning for one of the 12 parking sensors. I used Tesla app in my phone to schedule an appointment. A service rep called beforehand to address my concerns. The service center in San Diego is very nice, everything went smoothly. While they were working on the sensor, I was provided with a complimentary loaner car (2018 Model S with 3000 miles).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Previously owned a Lexus. Tesla needs to learn from them. Almost impossible to contact by phone. No response to multiple emails. Service failed to correct the problem. Complaints and request for call back ignored.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Worst experience from any purchase I did in my entire life. I ordered my vehicle Model 3 last week of Nov. 18, expecting to be delivered before 12/31/18, to take advantage of tax rebate. But very very bad communication, no responses to the emails by representative on timely manner, nobody picks up the phone, delivery schedule already postponed twice, even after confirming the delivery... I regret spending my money and time for this type of service... I don't know how to make Tesla to understand the Customer Service is the most important for people who were purchasing their vehicle without seeing and even without test-driving and Tesla already secured the money for the vehicle... By the time Tesla understand this, it may be late... A great concept but worst execution. I wish I had a better experience.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

With 240k miles I can say this is the most reliable car I have ever had. The only issues I had was to do with the door handles but Tesla fixed it for free. Drives as well today the same it drove the first day. Amazing that the car improves with time with software updates. I love it.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Tesla has the worse service. We put a down payment on our car in October. We waited with no word for two months, then finally got a delivery date. Took off from work to be here. Delivery cancelled the night before. Rescheduled for today, took off work again, no car ever delivered. No word, text or e-mail as to its whereabouts. No one answering phones at Customer Service. Guess they don't need our money...

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

We purchase our S class 1 1/2 years ago and the service center in Burbank has been a nightmare! We have gone there 8-10 times for the same problem AC/Heater not working and for the first 4 times they did nothing, not one thing. Of course spoke with the GM about the issues and he gave the same thing we hear all over, "We are sorry and we will fix the problem, I promise." Lies!!! We took the car back for the same problem another 3 times and the same thing, not fixed. Then they told us to fix the issue they needed to take out the HEPA filter. They did but when we got the car back all kind of odor were coming into the cabin. We took it back and told them to put the HEPA filter back in and the GM said yes. But we still had the odor in the cabin.

We took it to another dealership that was far away from us and they told us they never put back the filter. The worst part is the guy who said he was the GM was not and when I tried calling the GM of the Burbank store he never got back to me. For 2-4 months I have been trying to make a formal complaint but nooo one at corporate will help. FYI the HEPA filter cost is almost $1,000. When we purchased the car the additional cost was approx $3.000. The stress and aggravation we have gone through for something very small that should have been fixed the first time. Never will I purchase another Tesla again in my life!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Bought Model X in 2016. Ordering to delivery was easy and efficient. Ordered Model X in 2018. It is like a different company, ordering was a fiasco. Random calls from all different dealerships from Nevada to New York (I am in Delaware so Devon closest). Told about available car. Barely used they said. Wouldn’t tell me why returned. Charged $2000 to transport but got lost so didn’t arrive date they told me. Drove 280 miles for nothing. Then sent all paperwork. Waiting three hours for delivery which was, "Here is a key (one key only on a string). Goodbye." Drove 140 miles home. Car is totally unsafe braking and swerving randomly. Wrong speeds, no driver's manual, no radio, rain and wind coming in window.

Five visits (all round trip 280 miles) same. No difference. Now have car three months driving on expired temporary tag and told registration being handled in Nevada (I am in Delaware). Just waiting to get pulled over but then I try not to drive this unsafe car. Spent a fortune on rentals and hours trying to get through to someone. No one takes responsibility. Told no general managers. Each department has their own manager and they leave as soon as you establish any relationship. Aha a lot about the company. I LOVED MY FIRST CAR. Now can’t wait to get rid of this one. Looking into lemon law. What a shame. Was such a good company but doesn’t have infrastructure to support all the cars they are making and selling. Tesla please get it together. You have great potential and people who want to be loyal but you are pushing them away.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Mistakes in your order, if you can not fix it on the website, have to wait on the phone on hold for more than 30 minutes to talk to someone, Mistakes in your trade in value, hard to fix even when you send them a picture of their prev email, mistakes in your payment method or amt, again 30 to 45 min waits to call and fix. Mistakes on your delivery date! More calls. Even when you have proof of money transfer to their Wells Fargo account, they have a hard time confirming it. Incompetence and mistakes seem to be the norm. Be ready for a lot of frustration and time spent to get your car. Don’t care attitude is pervasive in their call center in Nevada. If I didn’t love my wife, she wanted the car, I would have canceled my order. Beware.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I enjoyed buying the Model S 2014 and ranked it as a good experience so I naturally came back to buy a 2018 Model S. I have bought several cars thru the years and this was the worse experience. Some facts: If you trade in your car, get quotes that will be different when you go to sign. Make sure you watch fine print. You have to deal with 5 folks during the process. Sales, Sales Support, Delivery Specialist, Delivery coordinator, and finally the dealership to pick up car. None understand the whole picture. You have to be your own Project Manager. If you call them, you will wait 25-35 minutes and you might get hung up on.

If you ask for what they owe you, expect to have to work to get someone to do something. I recently picked up car, only one key was delivered. I was promised that the second key would be sent to my home right away. So far, I have left four messages and nobody even responds. Looks like I will have to waste a day and travel to dealership. On the trip home, tires needed air. The car was the worse detailed car I ever got. The person at dealership had to actually get a rag to clean it. SUMMARY - The experience was one of the worse to the point I wanted to write this review and hope others avoid buying Tesla or at least be willing to endure a very bad and painful customer experience.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I ordered a Tesla model 3 and the user experience has been a nightmare from the start. The website when ordering the car is very vague and it is very difficult to find details such as what features are included on the car. I called up Tesla to find out what features are on the car I ordered and they could not tell me. I finally found out by hunting long enough on the site. Prior to delivery you have to pay for the car however it does not tell you when or how. I called Tesla once again (takes about 1/2 hour to get someone on the phone and they said that within 24 hours of delivery they will send me a contract with the amount and ACH info. I got an email saying the information was online in my account but it wasn't. I called Tesla again (another 1/2 hour wait) and they said there was a technical glitch and they can email the information.

I paid for the car in full one day prior to delivery and mentioned that I need to get the car because I am taking the day off to receiver the car scheduled for 2:00. Tesla never showed up but I got a call at 5:30PM from Tesla asking to reschedule because I never "showed up" and I explained that it was a delivery and they never came in which they said, "Oh yeah you're right". I said they need to bring it by now because I took the day off from work and they said ok. They never came and never called back.

I called the local Tesla dealer and asked them to help. They said they are looking into it and trying to track down the car. I called them the next day and they said they found the car and are prepping it and I can come by and pick it up at the dealer. I got another call saying that they found a problem with the car and they found me another one but my insurance company is now closed so they can't change the VIN number until next week. I am not trying to cancel the order and get my money back. This has been a complete nightmare. Stay away from Tesla!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

My experience at the Tesla showroom in Charlotte is the just simply the worst car buying experience. First it is only a showroom, the sales is handled by Raleigh.

I went to check out the Model S, they have people standing around and don't even bother to offer to help you while you try to figure out the features of the car. I placed an order online for a inventory vehicle, paid a deposit of $2500 for a car that was located in Massachusetts, transportation charge was $1000 on the website. I was told by the owner advisor guy in Raleigh that it is actually $2000. Then I was told because of some tax issue they are moving the car further south at no cost.

After giving me the runaround for a month I was told I have to pay $1000 for them to move the car to New Jersey. Such sneaky deceptive people. I asked for my deposit back and now I guess it going to be a battle to get my money back, I will engage an attorney if needed. My experience has left a very bad taste and I will NEVER buy a product from TESLA or any company associated with it and neither will my extended circle of family and friends. Elon is trying to change the world but my experience with Tesla car buying in Charlotte/Raleigh is the worst in the industry. Going to get another Lexus, reliable car and great service!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I cancelled my order on August 02 2018. Today November 26 2018 I still don't have my deposit of $1000 back. After multiple phone calls I was told that I have to wait. Now when I call they just hang up on me. I DON'T KNOW HOW AND IF I'M GETTING MY MONEY BACK ANYMORE.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

The not a way to the future. I bought this heap of crap. It spent more days in the "shop" in 1 month than I used it. I used it a total of 3 days before it had issues then drive 5 miles and more issues. Lemon law for sure. I'll stick to my gas guzzling vehicle that gets me from A to Z. Dangerous POS that Tesla was. I want my kids safe not in Harm's way. Please save yourself. Look at other companies Electric cars first.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We own both model X and model 3 and both are experiencing problems of different kind. We continue to have quality issues with Model X that requires servicing. Very frustrating to set up service appointment, take time from work to drive to service center and then to pick up the car. Worst, the fix only last 5 days and the problem "Surround vehicle display limited" came back. In addition, I was very unfortunate to have been rear ended 2 months ago.

My car has been in the Tesla certified repair shop since Sept 25th. As of today, My repair shop still have not received all the necessary parts. Some missing parts are common parts like rivets. I called the parts department couple of times and no one answered, email no reply. If Tesla can build 5000 model 3 per week, there is no reason I have to wait more than a week for parts. The only viable explanation is they do not care about providing good after sales customer service once they sold you the car. This is not the way I expected to be treated. So I am very dis-satisfied with Tesla service, and regret we have 2 Tesla. Tesla need to urgently improve their service before they damaged their reputation beyond recovery.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Great car, model 3, love it, but Tesla need to address service immediately. Called Tesla roadside service and found a wait time of 30 minutes to talk to anyone. Fortunately this was for a minor problem. But I am dreading the day when I have a flat tire or the car will not start in a isolated remote location and I have to wait 30 minutes just to register my call for help. Called for parts today for a key fob and got a voice recording to leave my info. Waiting for a callback. This is just to talk to the parts dept at the local dealer. I love the company and how they are disrupting the auto industry with innovations, and totally wish that they succeed. But Tesla please fix your service. This is not the formula for success.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Terrible customer service. I had to wait over 2 hours to pick up my car (I had an appointment) and the rep only had 10 minutes to show me it worked. The hands free system does not work. I can't answer the phone while it is in drive only in Park. The internet in the car doesn't work. I took the car for service and they couldn't fix it either. They actually told me that my car is not equipped with internet and I had to tell them that it does. The service center said they had contacted engineering about all of my issues with the car. I didn't hear from them and after 1 week, I called them to get an update and they just said they haven't heard back from engineering. This type of service is just unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I have loved my Tesla S and had planned on getting a new one in 2019 until the events of this weekend. When I went to start my car Sat. morning a warning went up. My 12v battery needed service or replacement. The car would not start. I called emergency roadside service and a recording told wait time was 30 min. After the outrageous wait I was told that someone would contact me in the next 24 - 48 hours! I have been left with NO CAR for the entire weekend. Calling again Monday morning - same wait - I was told to hold while they connect me to Emergency service. Still holding. This is totally unacceptable. TESLA is seriously understaffed and unable to help you in any EMERGENCY.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

If we didn't love the car, we would be outraged BUT Kevin ** (our salesperson) and presumably all the Tesla salespeople have misleading sales practices. The car does not even come close to the estimate range of 237 miles (we are lucky to get 200) but the charging time is longer than the 30-45 minutes they claim (not once have we charged the battery for less than 1.5 hours). Had we known this we probably would have opted for the 100D but not at $17,000 more for a measly 60 miles extra. And don't let them coerce you by telling you they only have free supercharging until a certain date, that date will pass and will still be free.

Finally, the only supercharging station near us is the William Vale. Kevin told us it's only $6 to charge and 30 minutes when it is actually $16 (they charge $5 extra for SUV) and takes 1.5 hours to 2 hour charge. I am not excited about spending 1.5 hours and $16/week at the William Vale. Furthermore, we are still waiting for our tow hitch that was supposed to be included. So what happened when I confronted Kevin and other people at this showroom? NOTHING! They flat out ignored me and did nothing. Bottom line, you are on your own. Don't believe anything they tell you and buyer beware. The customer service is lousy, no one knows anything. They tell you different things and you can't get any answers. For a $100,000 car this is unacceptable.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I ordered a Model 3 online, very easy process and I received a screen message that my car could be delivered to my home or a Tesla Store. I live about 20 miles from a showroom that is handling a high volume of deliveries. About 2.5 weeks after my order, I was told I had a car, and it was ready for me to pick up in Fremont where the cars are manufactured. I said I was told I would have the car delivered or I could pick up at a local showroom and I wanted to pick up in Rocklin. My deliver rep said that Rocklin is no longer taking deliveries and that I had to pick up in Fremont otherwise a delivery date was unknown.

I emailed the delivery manager in Rocklin and he responded that they are doing deliveries and lots of them and that I could have my car delivered there. Ultimately decided to change to the 19" wheels so, I gave up that car but told the deliver rep, I wanted delivery to Rocklin. Fast forward to Thursday, I get an email advising my car is ready for pickup in Fremont. I went thru the whole story about the delivery again and was told once more that delivery was not available and that they would not deliver my car to Rocklin. The rep stated that if I did not go to Fremont, delivery date was uncertain and that the price could go up.

The trucking industry is short drivers and there are not enough transports and N. CA customers are getting screwed. We are paying a destination charge of about $900 which covers delivery but are being told we must pick up the vehicle ourselves otherwise a delivery date is uncertain. They know very well that many buyers made purchases to take advantage of the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit but in order to get the tax credit, you must take delivery by 12-31-18. If you get mad and decide you are just going to not buy the car, you lose your $2,500 deposit.

Tesla does not want to incur the shipping costs and are taking advantage of the fact that year end is looming and need to take delivery to get the credit. They are being purposely vague with respect to delivery dates if we do not drive in an effort to create a sense of urgency and get us to pick up the vehicle. If they offered a credit for the destination fee, I would say it might be a fair tradeoff, but I have asked for a credit and have been told no. I asked for details on how it was decided which customers were going to be told they had to pick up and the question was dodged. I asked if there was an internal memo telling deliver reps to advise customers they had to pick up and once again a vague response. Checking with the AG's office, DMV and FTC about this practice.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have always liked Tesla and support the concept of clean electric cars. Elon Musk is a visionary and I want to see this brilliant idea succeed. When my wife performed a test drive recently, the local Tesla representative in Salt Lake City touted how they do things differently from other manufacturers. I took that as a positive, but as it turns out from my sister's recent experience, it is the opposite. They are more deceptive than other automakers. When I was visiting my sister in LA at the end of September, after months of deliberation and driving an 18-year-old Lexus, I talked her into ordering the Model 3. While normally she is not impulsive, she went online, designed her new Model 3 and could not wait to get her BRAND NEW CAR.

Two days ago, on October 19, instead of getting a brand new car delivered to her, Tesla delivered a service loaner with over 2100 miles on it, with scratches, dirty interior and expected her to accept the delivery. If this is not worse than a cheap used car dealer bait-and-switch, dirty tactic, I don't know what is. The guy delivering the car even asked her if she knew that the car had over 2100 miles on it and her answer was "of course no." She tried all day calling her sales consultant but got no answer with a voicemail that was so full that would not accept any new voicemails.

If anyone from Tesla is reading this post (her reservation number is **), please correct the situation or the bad press that I will spread will be my mission in life. And I will not shy away from spending my money to do so. My sister works much too hard for her money to deal with this kind of downright dishonest, deceptive, dirty car sales tactic. TESLA... I expected better from you. I am having a really hard time believing that something like this can happen and am truly disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Inside 14 hours of taking delivery of my Tesla 3 performance package. Got a call from the delivery manager PJ saying I no longer was going to get the car I ordered and had a VIN number for. Also had secured insurance for already paid for. She tells me she is sorry and goes on to offer me a different color than I ordered and a different date or my order will start all over again from CA. So very disappointed in Tesla as a company. How is it even an option for her to offer me a different colored car. It would have been my first ever brand new car. AJ ** | Associate Delivery Manager from Tesla had no answers to why or what had happened to my car. I got a delivery confirmation on Oct 2nd and yet a call from PJ a day later saying that it would not be here, SUPER DISAPPOINTED in PJ and in Tesla.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

This is a customer of Tesla model 3 car of Tesla. I Booked car and paid $1000 for booking then $2500 another when everybody got emails to pay another amount and what Configuration to build your own car. I did too and around 20 days before I got a Call from Mr. Rodney ** to me that my car is ready for delivery. "Wire us the money." I said, "Let me go to bank and file the loan paperwork and will wire the money." I filed my loan and it got approved. I put the Nationwide Ins also on the same VIN No. Then my bank needed some proof of title to put their name on it. I made Mr. Rodney a call and he said all of a sudden the car is pulled out from the system and no VIN No. exists of the number provided before. Then he sent me message for another VIN No. ready to get ship to me.

I did the same thing and again on the same point of providing me the Proof of title with a lien of my bank name on it, he said me the same thing again the car VIN No. disappeared from the system. These TESLA people are just a stress givers giving their customers stress and creating problems for them. They just making fools of their customers by making them fake calls and making them IDIOTS to go to banks and fill the forms and taking insurances on fake VIN Nos. I will never recommend anybody to buy a TESLA. It will be a big trouble for everybody according to my experience.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I have ordered a Tesla Model S. In an email they indicated that the delivery date is 9/26. Then on 9/25, they asked whether I am late for picking up the car. They entered the wrong date in the system. They then offer to deliver the car to my home. They promised to call 30 minutes before arrival. They missed the whole time window without any calls. No one in their delivery department reply to my calls or text messages. Then there is no number to call to find out what happened. The company seems to be able to handle the volume of sales or they are just keen to push their product out to make their quarters.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

So disappointed in Tesla today. I just cancelled my order for a Model 3 due to dishonest salespeople, poor management, and even poorer logistics. If you are even considering buying a car from Tesla GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING. I was told I would get Free Supercharging... even though I had it in a text message and covered with all of the "recorded phone calls".

I was a little concerned with my sales reps nonresponsiveness regarding the website being down so I called to ensure they received my free supercharging for life. Again another sales rep told me to be safe email my link to their referral line. No response... They tell me my car is to be delivered and I respond that their website is down and I need to confirm my free supercharging... No response. They took my $2,500 and left me chasing down the specifics on what I was actually spending $70k for. When I questioned management she said she needed it in writing or it didn't happen. My text messages weren't enough. I am so mad right now and it doesn't help they treated me like I was a burden to deal with as a customer.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Buyer beware!!! Model 3 cars delivered with damages to the bottom of car and when discovered 2.5 weeks later since normal people do not inspect bottom of the car. I found huge long scratches to on passenger side of bottom of car, and ball size dents to metal trim, tears in the rubber and scratches to battery unit. When taken into the support center and showroom in Fremont, they claim nothing can be done as they stated that I could have ran over a very high-speed bump. Please keep in mind that I had about 100 miles to the car, drove it 4 times, and given it is a brand new car, nobody in the right mind would run over high-speed bump at high speed to cause such damage (ball size hole in the metal part???).

The customer service department did not even consider the possibility that it could have been damaged when car was built or during delivery. I am completely disappointed and angry that I have to pay for any repairs and live with this damage for a brand new car. Plus, there are many complaints about quality already so Tesla is not willing to fix problems for their customers? Please inspect every part of your car if you buy Tesla, or maybe reconsider buying another car!!!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Given the shape of the X, there's no way to look over the back and see your exact distance from an object. Unlike the excellent front warning system ("STOP" at 12"), there is none when backing up. Although you will see an object in the large center screen from the camera, there's no way of judging just how close you are. Carefully backing into a charging station, a low pole was visible but only a car 22" to the side registered in the warning system. Carefully backing in, I bumped the low pole and creating a crease in the rear door. The estimated repair cost from Tesla's preferred body shop: $8,300! I had tried to use the AutoPark function to no avail.

Here's a few things I've learned: AUTOPARK will never work unless you've turned on AUTOSTEER. That fact doesn't appear in any owners' manual or anywhere else! Once activated, AUTOPARK works if at all in very limited situations. Among other things, there has to be autos on both sides. As for the rear camera and parking guides, it won't recognize very low, old curbs. Angry at refusal of Tesla to acknowledge these problems with the X and the failure of customer literature and representatives.

Tesla Motors Company Information