2. Automotive

Tesla

3.9/5 (577 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Tesla

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Tesla Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla, Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I was at a complete stop awaiting the traffic light to go from red to green when a Range Rover SUV slammed into my back end doing between 50-60 mph. She told the police "I just wasn't paying attention." Needless to say, my Tesla Model 3 was totaled. Her vehicle drove what was left of my trunk all the way into my back seat. My only injuries are minor - bruised hands from the impact of the airbags. Even the insurance adjustor commented on how the impact must have been tremendous. Extremely grateful to Tesla for building such a safe car.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Tesla cars are one of the best cars in the world. To begin with, Teslas are electric cars so it helps the environment. Because they don’t use gas and instead of putting gas you charge them. Also, when you don’t wanna drive you can put the Tesla into self drive mode. Elon Musk announced that Teslas have a self drive mode which allows the car to self drive without any assistance. Critics may say that the Tesla is a bad choice in a vehicle because it's expensive; however, you can pay 20% of the price of the vehicle as a down payment.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Very capable of performing their job. Took time to explain details to consumer about work being done. Explained purpose of inverter panel and gave consumer choice about location. It was very obvious that the quality of work was excellent.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Excellent customer experience. Smooth installation. Very happy with the professionalism of the onsite staff. Finished their work within a day for a complex installation. Would recommend to others without a doubt.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I had issues with my Tesla Wall Charger and had previously called twice for assistance and neither one resolved my issue. I called a third time and spoke to Hannah. From the second she answered the phone I knew she was eager to help. She went through the notes that were written from my previous calls and told me we were going to get everything taken care of that evening. And guess what, she did. After being placed on hold for a brief minute, she came back with what I needed to do to take care of my problem. After a few minutes I received a confirmation e-mail that my replacement was being sent. It was such a pleasure to speak to someone that I could not only understand perfectly, but was knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I ordered a model Y in June 2021 and waited for 3 months. On 9/22 my account notified me to pay the down payment and insurance and scheduled the delivery on 9/24. Then I waited a whole day that day but no one showed up with my car. I then tried to contact the advisor but she went dark on me. The system then moved my delivery day to 10/4, and again wasting of my whole day. No live person I can reach out to. And system again moved my date to a week after. I'm still waiting for any live person from Tesla to confirm my delivery, and even filed BBB complaint. Elon Musk, I know your car is popular, but if you do not improve your customer service team, you will lose the business.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I ordered two Teslas in January of 2021, a model X and a model S. Both were originally scheduled for delivery in April. I finally received my S Sept 26 and the X they are saying next February. I picked up the S on Sept 26 and drive home three hour turnaround. The next day the display on the dash would not come on. I called the service line and they led me through a series of trials. Finally they asked me to reboot the computer by holding down both of the scroll keys, that worked so I hung up. For the next three days it would continue doing the same thing so we would have to reboot the car every time we wanted to use it.

Finally after a bunch of calls they set up an appointment for me to return to the service center (another 3 hour trip). It has been there since Monday the 4th, a day and a half to upload new firmware the. They changed the display and now they are telling me that they need to replace the computer. I send the tech a text and he responds the next day. I call and the people I speak with (not at the service center) are sarcastic and act like they are doing me a favor, then there are no supervisors ever available to talk to. So a 92,000 dollar purchase and the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Since I picked it up brand new on the 26th I only had one day that it worked that was the drive home. I have had the car 12 days of which 5 have been at the dealer so far.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

The plastic covering to my headlight cracked from a stone, allowing moisture to get in and the lamp failed. The Tesla Service Center cancelled my appointment 4 -- yes 4 times -- the day before my scheduled service. After 5 weeks without a functioning headlight, $1300 to get it fixed. Yes, 1300 US dollars for a headlight. That's a mortgage payment. Buy a different car.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

AC not cooling making a hum. Took the car into service. AC has never cooled the car comfortable. Started making a hum noise so I took it in. Service adviser said it covered under warranty unless they find outside influences. That should have been my warning I was going to get burned. Sure enough they call wanting $900 to fix it. They won't honor warranty because of dust. I asked how could dust get into it. He didn't know. Implied I put it in there. Ask how I could put dust into it don't even know where it's at. His response well they didn't deliver it in there. Worst company I ever dealt with.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I was so excited about ordering my Tesla and today was pickup day. I was schedule to pick up my Model Y at 5544 Okeechobee Blvd, in West Palm Beach Fl. When I walked in the showroom I was not welcomed or treated nicely instead the person behind the desk a young man gave me attitude and ask in a condescending tone if I am sure I had an appointment. Now why would I show up for a car without an appointment. He then proceed to ask me if I already paid, and accept the terms. Now if he had look up my account I am sure he could have seen all this information. By now everyone had stopped to stare at us. He then said, "Ma'am please log into the Tesla website to accept delivery" so I did. He then said, "Open the app and go find your car in the parking lot." No one walked me to my car or help me to find the car.

My husband and I went scouring the parking lot to find my car as he said my name would be in the car. Minutes later we found the car and the app would not open the car. After about 5 minutes trying the app I saw a guy at the door of Tesla on his phone so I had to wait until he was finished with his call. He came over and was unable to unlock, he said, "Hold on ma'am, I am going to have to call it in and give the VIN to get them to remote unlock the car." By now I have been standing next to the car over 10 minutes, he was able to get the CS to unlock the car and left. Here I am sitting in the Tesla not sure how to even turn it on, OMG, no one to ask after all the money that I spent and waiting over 3 months to get the car. No one to walk me through the basic features and functions, at that point I was contemplating if I need this car.

This is the worst buying experience and to make it worst the car was parked in the sun and the black leather seats were piping HOTTTTT. I don't know which part of my experience is worst - feeling like I was in the wrong dealership or the lack of support to even figure out the car. I am so disappointed with the service I received. I am also disappointed that the windows are not even tinted. If I could give 1/2 of 1 star that is I would give this service. Elon Musk needs to have his team do better, no matter who the buyer is **, **, hispanic or latino, they need to be given top-level customer support. The service is one of the worst I have experience in a very long time. HORRIBLE!

Tesla Company Information