Tesla

Tesla Reviews

Find a Best Car Brands partner
1.7(563)

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Tesla

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

• 2%
  • 7%
  • 75%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla, Inc.?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla, Inc.?
    PriceOnline & AppEase of Use

Reviewed May 5, 2024

I did it! I traded my 2001 Toyota Corolla for a 2O24 Tesla Y! The drivability is off the chart! It’s a one pedal driving. You don’t use the brake! When you lift off the accelerator it starts slowing the car down to a complete stop at a stoplight. The Torque is off this chart. You don’t know what real Torque is until you drive a Tesla. It makes driving way easier. I’m a person who is not good with driving cars that I'm not familiar with. When I drove this car it was a natural fit for me. This car is very intuitive and user friendly! Tesla made it really easy to buy through the app. I also purchased Tesla insurance. It's way cheaper. The time of purchase in the app, the government incentive was applied to my purchase. I’m in awe of the Tesla experience!

Reviewed March 17, 2024

Have owned Hybrids since 2003, so going EV was the next step! Leased a long range model Y and am well pleased so far. Generally, I like the roomy interior, the techno gadgetry and the performance. Not too concerned with range anxiety since I still have a Hybrid Highlander for our travel car! Feel like the auto pilot, and the feel of their system is not quite as sophisticated as my Highlander or Venza and really feel the Tesla needs a digital rear view mirror and heads up display! Otherwise I like the drive and feel of the Tesla. It feels a little more sports car’ish and is generally very comfortable, quiet, and refined.

The technology is not an issue for me but I can see where many drivers might be intimidated by it! Love the storage, the pre-conditioning of the cabin and the cameras and auto pilot display and the general feel of the car! It could use ventilated seats but the seats are generally comfortable! So far I am really liking the Tesla and being able to charge at home and the availability of supercharges while on a trip! So far in 1200 miles I have only use a supercharger one time during a day tip and even then I could have not charged and made it home! But since we needed to stop for lunch I wanted to see how well the supercharges worked! It was easy/peasy and was charged up before we finished lunch! So far I am really liking my Tesla and the EV world!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Price

Reviewed March 13, 2024

I bought a new Tesla Y LR in September of 2023. As of this writing I have 10,500 miles on it. I was already aware that the actual range will differ from the stated range based on speed and weather. The majority of my driving is within 100 mile range so charging at home is inexpensive and convenient. It is a well built car that fun to drive. 2023 saw a refresh of the Y with better suspension and noise reduction. The $7500 fed tax incentive plus the $2500 state incentive made purchasing this new Tesla a no brainer.

Profile pic of the author.
      Verified purchase

Reviewed Feb. 19, 2024

I love our 2023 Model 3, best car I have ever owned, with one exception: My 2017 Mazda 6 and my former Hyundai 2018 Sonata had something that Tesla lacks and has promised for years. THERE IS NO REAR CROSS TRAFFIC ALERT SYSTEM! Despite 10 cameras on all sides and inside the cabin, I cannot rely on a system of alerts for this purpose that I have had on my 7 or 8 year old vehicles and Elon Musk I understand promised several years ago, despite the great ability to send out regular software updates! WHY??

Steven **

Customer ServicePriceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed July 15, 2024

I have a 2015 Model S Tesla. Low mileage 68K. Recently many issues. AC broken and got "fixed" at Portland Tesla for $1915. A few days later in Seattle, AC still wasn't working and APP said over 1 month for apt at Seattle Tesla, so I drove car to Seattle Tesla. They found another separate "problem" that required repair and it cost $1005. They tried to charge me "diagnostics" even though I had been charged for this evaluation at Portland Tesla. They stated Seattle Tesla was not Portland Tesla! Finally after I argued, they "waived" this charge. Eight days later I got car back (in evening in a parked lot via the app, shop closed), the right-side door handles no longer "presented" to open and the right side mirror wouldn't fold or tilt. All of this worked fine when I had left car for repair.

Back to Tesla in Seattle and they said there was another problem! It ended up costing less than their estimate, only $685 and took 5 days. So hard to communicate with anyone there and using APP is frustrating. They are understaffed, can't call anyone. Can't get a good explanation about what is going on and hard to trust the repairs and SO overpriced. Tesla very much needs some competition. I wouldn't buy another Tesla at this point! Very frustrated.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 13, 2024

If only I could give zero stars for their customer service. My temporary license plate is expiring tomorrow (Sunday), and I have not received my license plates. No one to speak with, and no one provides any status update. You are at a mercy of some joker texting you every few days later saying not to worry without understanding how can I not worry when my car will be in drivable starting Monday. How the hell will I get to work?

Staff

Reviewed July 12, 2024

Customer support and repair service is NON-EXISTING...very long wait time!!!! Extremely long wait to talk to live agent. Service and customer support will give many reasons why the vehicle is "normal" and do not need repairs. Phone agent will get you to other departments to get you off the phone. The support is basically non-existent! It is painful to get problems resolved!!!!

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed July 11, 2024

Many things must change with Tesla before purchasing a vehicle being with a their sales agreement very one sided and not agreeable if read. How to cancel the agreement is not explained and no live person to help by phone. Tesla seeks to make money on sales not earned with a $250 nonrefundable order fee to compensate them for what? I have no agreement with Tesla regarding the order fee yet the manager seeks to keep the money and now I must complain to everyone that this company is a cheat.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 10, 2024

Tesla has poor customer service. It is almost impossible to do anything with human like other car dealers. I ordered a 2024 Model Y online because they did not have one in stock. I was not happy with the car when it arrived so I asked if I could transfer my deposit to a different car, but they refused.

Reviewed July 3, 2024

Took my car in to get a new headlight, under warranty. The GM at Tesla Rancho Mirage refused to reimburse me for the transponder to get in my gate at my community since it was adhered to my headlight and no longer usable. I have to now pay more money to get a new one. All I was asking for was $30.

Tesla Company Information