Tesla

Tesla

3.2/5 (301 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Tesla

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Tesla Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla, Inc.?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I called because the Tesla App on my phone had just updated itself and seemed to be running very slowly. The rep suggested I restart my phone and if that didn't help, uninstall and re-install the app. The restart worked.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Very good job. All the guys were great extremely hard working. It looks good. They were very professional and fast. I would recommend them to anyone. They finished in one day. Thank you for all the hard work.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2022

They are not only the best solar panel/battery company but an excellent roofing company. We are off the grid and have a great new roof. Please go with Tesla. We are now selling power back to the grid.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I was at a complete stop awaiting the traffic light to go from red to green when a Range Rover SUV slammed into my back end doing between 50-60 mph. She told the police "I just wasn't paying attention." Needless to say, my Tesla Model 3 was totaled. Her vehicle drove what was left of my trunk all the way into my back seat. My only injuries are minor - bruised hands from the impact of the airbags. Even the insurance adjustor commented on how the impact must have been tremendous. Extremely grateful to Tesla for building such a safe car.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Tesla cars are one of the best cars in the world. To begin with, Teslas are electric cars so it helps the environment. Because they don’t use gas and instead of putting gas you charge them. Also, when you don’t wanna drive you can put the Tesla into self drive mode. Elon Musk announced that Teslas have a self drive mode which allows the car to self drive without any assistance. Critics may say that the Tesla is a bad choice in a vehicle because it's expensive; however, you can pay 20% of the price of the vehicle as a down payment.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

While I cannot say enough great things about the car itself, the customer support department from beginning to end is the very worst I have ever experienced. They screwed up the delivery date, then wouldn't honor my trade in. They won't talk to you (no phone customer service) and it takes days if not weeks to respond to any inquiry that is not sales oriented. Their 3rd party payment process doesn't exist (such as if you want to get a loan to buy the car), or is broken. Their documentation management system fails MOST of the time and critical legal documents are not available.

Finally, when I attempted to purchase the car, there was no documented way to see the transaction, look at my bill, or even understand how to get the title. Then, once again, nobody to talk to. They presume that the IT automatic menus are perfect and understandable, and they are not. Complete fail. Once Tesla loses their monopoly on superchargers, I will be gone that very same day. God help you if you need help on a complicated issue, or need a person to talk to.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

We own a Tesla Model 3 2022 for about 9 months now. The car itself is good so far. The problem is on customer support. My wife got a flat tire today at 7pm at night, and she called me. At first I told her to call AAA. But then I googled, to my surprise, Tesla cars do not have spare tires. The roadside support page sent us to "roadside assistance" option on the app. The app responded "help is on the way", but we sat and waited for 50 minutes before they responded with a text. (There was no sign on the app that our request for assistance progressed anywhere, or if anyone is tending the request at all, during that entire 50 minutes. We got impatient and looked for a phone number to call, but there was not any live person to help anywhere!).

An agent responded (on text, after 50 minutes) asking for the size of the tire (shouldn't they know the size of the tire for the car already?). I asked my wife to look for tire size (took her a while to get the size) and texted back to the agent. He/She responded back with "If Tesla come and patch the tire, if it's patchable, it would be $121, or if the tire is not patchable then the tire is $355 to replace". OK, I said, "How long would it take for you to come and fix the tire." "About 1 hour", they responded. "Then tow the car home for us," I asked. "Also about an hour", they responded.

At this time my wife had already waited for more than 1 hour, the time was 8:20pm. I won't bore you with the rest of the evening, but you get the picture. If Tesla decides not to put spare tires in their vehicles, then their roadside assistance has to be much better than this. Having to wait 2 hours at night to resolve a simple flat tire is just unacceptable. If I am to extrapolate my experience to other services provided by the company, I would think twice about buying their cars.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I leased a Tesla Model 3 (**) from Tesla, and after returning the vehicle on August 23, 2022, Tesla still charged my bank account $568 for September as if I had not returned the car. I have sent about 30 emails and called many times, but Tesla does not have a real person that answers any of their phones, and I had to leave voicemails.

In reply to one of my emails, I finally received a return call from Giselle Acosta, a Lease Maturity Specialist, and she explained that there was some kind of mixup in their system, and when I returned the car, my billing account did not get automatically closed as it should have and that is why I got charged for another month. She said she could not refund me for the $568 charge until the billing department closed my billing account. A week later, I still had not heard anything from anyone at Tesla, and I got another email saying they were going to charge my account again on September 23, 2022, for another $568.

I called and left another voicemail but could not speak to a real person, and no one called me back. I sent another email saying I want my money back immediately because it's not my fault they made some kind of mistake and I need the money. I got a reply email saying this: "Any overpayment will go towards your excess wear and tear as well as your end-of-term charges." I replied and said it was not an overpayment! They fraudulently charged me for a car I had already returned, and I want my money back now.

I have not heard back or received my refund, and I still can't talk to anyone at Tesla about all of the problems. It's hard for me to believe it is legal for a company to charge me $568 for something I didn't get, and while I do understand mistakes happen, the fact that I cannot talk to anyone about the problem on the phone and they have not refunded me makes the whole thing look very scammy.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I ordered a Tesla and because I'm salesman at a car dealership and they refused my sale after I sent them $106,000. It's been 3 months and I haven't gotten my money back. Every day is a new excuse to call back if I don't get my money in 48 hours. I do not recommend buying from them. There is a lot in the market and that's where I'm going.... Salesperson was also very ignorant and unprofessional.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I have owned a Tesla for 4 years so I have a lot of experience with the service centers. First, you are unlikely to have one near where you live. For me the closest is 30 miles away and it used to be even farther. Second, you can ONLY schedule and communicate with them via texting within the Tesla app. This makes communication cryptic and challenging at best. Reps almost never identify themselves by name so no accountability. They typically only give morning appointments and tell you it will be ready at or near closing time. They only provide loaners when the work is under warranty but even then only based in availability. They do offer “mobile service” which comes to your home.

They have done that multiple times for me but in all but one instance the mobile tech was unable to repair and had to schedule a second appointment at the service center. One time I asked for a tire rotation and balance. They scheduled me for mobile service, rotation only. I asked about balance and the response was they couldn’t do that with mobile service. They didn’t even offer to reschedule at a service center so I canceled the appointment and went to a local tire store. Whenever I deal with them they are always arrogant and unapologetic even when thing go sideways. I guess none of this should be surprising considering the example set by the CEO.

Tesla Company Information