Tesla

Tesla

1.9/5 (125 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Tesla

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Tesla Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla, Inc.?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I had a grand mal seizure with my eight-year-old daughter in the car. Thank goodness I had it on auto pilot on the freeway. The car pulled over after a few minutes with my eight-year-old in the backseat scared to death. If it wasn’t for this car who knows what would’ve happened!!! It was truly a blessing to have a Tesla. Anyone who has seizures in their past history should have one, this hasn’t happened to me in over seven years.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I called because the Tesla App on my phone had just updated itself and seemed to be running very slowly. The rep suggested I restart my phone and if that didn't help, uninstall and re-install the app. The restart worked.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Very good job. All the guys were great extremely hard working. It looks good. They were very professional and fast. I would recommend them to anyone. They finished in one day. Thank you for all the hard work.

Original review: May 24, 2022

They are not only the best solar panel/battery company but an excellent roofing company. We are off the grid and have a great new roof. Please go with Tesla. We are now selling power back to the grid.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2023

My wife and daughter bought Tesla model x and they have nothing but dangerous problems left and right at this point we wish we could take this cars back to the dealer and buy a regular car. I’m not sure how can others deal with this problem. We would like to get advice.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

Updated on 01/31/2023: So after new car with under 200 miles back to shop and getting attorneys involved I finally got call from service manager who is to say the least is terrible with customer relations. I was told car should be ready. I can come pick it up which is three hours from my home. I was told they would deliver car back to me. Now they are saying no they will not. I will never buy another Tesla product or recommend.

Original Review: I purchased a New model in late December 2022. On the trip home we had trouble with doors not unlocking. We reported problem and were told it would get better as we drove car. With 163 miles on car charger locked in car and doors would not unlock. Tesla picked up car now Feb 6th will be 30 days in the shop with very limited communication from service department. We are now seeing on service site car may be ready Feb 11 2023 which I doubt. This is the worst experience I have ever had dealing with a car manufacturer. I have not looked into hiring a attorney to get my new car serviced.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

Placed an order for a Model Y off what Tesla rep explained the deal would be. The day before taking delivery got a text and none of the numbers matched up. Tried to call multiple times to get this addressed. Was on hold multiple times for 30min or more. Did finally get the chance to talk to someone who couldn’t help and said I would get a callback… Call never came through. Had to cancel the order due to no contact. Tesla still charged me the $250 order fee! When I called to address this I got the same runaround. Finally was able to speak to a Customer Service representative and was told there is nothing they will do.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

This is my first purchase of a Tesla and will be my last. Never again. Customer service experience was the worst. I knew I should not have went thru with this. I thought they would be really organized. I did not hear anything from Tesla until the last business day before my delivery and then they started asking for a bunch of stuff. I was at work and they keep saying it may delay your delivery. I was at work and cannot take off at the last minute. I knew that the car would not come with accessories to charge it. So I ordered it when I ordered the car. They stated on the website they will ship it when it gets closer to the delivery date.

I now have a $55,000.00 car that I can not use. Still waiting for a charger to be shipped. Tesla does not have any phone numbers for custormer support. If you do call, they will put in a message for you. They do not respond to those messages. I know I can travel to a supercharger to charge it, but it is 45 minutes away. I purchased it and planned on charging it at home. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

Tesla insurance ignored me for several months. It has taken 6 months for my adjuster to set an appointment for repairs after several emails phone calls and escalation to management. Finally, I had my friend who works at Tesla reach out internally. I have had an extremely difficult time reaching customer service in a reasonable time frame for general issues. The app does work well for some needs but overall it has been a nightmare getting in contact for different issues. The only time I was able to reach an agent promptly was when they needed me to move forward with purchase and delivery. Unfortunately, I have lost all trust in this company through these experiences. They must be terribly overworked and understaffed.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

For the cost of the Tesla X, I expected better. The glass roof does not have visor to protect against the glaring sun. The Tesla app offers a tacky ineffective sun shield for $80 which you can get on Amazon for $40. The sun visor is tiny & useless. The hack steering wheel is clumsy to use. The turn signals are buttons that you press many time and don’t work consistently. The driver seat cannot be adjusted up & down, which is a feature on most standard SUVs. The drive and shift is bumpy. The electronic controls are erratic and don’t work consistently, for example, the close and open door features don’t work consistently. The side mirror is tinted and this difficult to use at night. There are now reports that the auto drive may be dangerous thus I am not inclined to use it. In the building that I live in it costs $18 to charge the Tesla X after every use and the same trip costs about $12 buying gas from Costco on my hybrid Prius.

Tesla Company Information