2. Automotive

Tesla

Tesla
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.74/5

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Tesla Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla, Inc.?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I had issues with my Tesla Wall Charger and had previously called twice for assistance and neither one resolved my issue. I called a third time and spoke to Hannah. From the second she answered the phone I knew she was eager to help. She went through the notes that were written from my previous calls and told me we were going to get everything taken care of that evening. And guess what, she did. After being placed on hold for a brief minute, she came back with what I needed to do to take care of my problem. After a few minutes I received a confirmation e-mail that my replacement was being sent. It was such a pleasure to speak to someone that I could not only understand perfectly, but was knowledgeable and pleasant to deal with.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

I was lucky enough to purchase a 2019 S Modal Tesla and though I often dreamed that I would live long enough to see a society progress to imitate the Jetsons Tesla has come very close to achieving my dream, what a car!!!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Most energy efficient high performance vehicles on the market. The technology is next gen and is actually quite impressive. Best part ever is hands free driving with a piping hot coffee and donut. 0 to 60 miles per hour in 3.2 seconds with all wheel drive twin turbos.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Any complaints that I have are probably 100% attributable to Covid-19, so I am understanding. My car was delivered literally hours before the state lockdown. It was downright exciting to buy a car online. As an older woman who’s never bought a car before, I loved not wondering about negotiating a deal, or about a bunch of mysterious options. Everything was clear, it was easy to check the status, and the humans were extremely responsive. I do regret not trading in my old vehicle, as I thought for sure I’d be able to do better on my own. But I think it was a very fair price and I should’ve just done it and gotten that over with. It would’ve been far more convenient and less stressful!

Original review: April 16, 2021

If could give Tesla no stars I would. They do not communicate. They do not keep records well and most importantly they do not support their customers. Rewind to 2018 when I got divorced-I call to get the account transferred out of my ex-husband‘s name and into mine and to change my last name on the account back to my maiden name. At that time I was told that everything was done and everything was settled and I have been receiving my bills and I was under the impression that it was until I went to sell my home and transfer the lease agreement. This was hands-down the worst experience ever. Not only did they not take my ex-husband off of the account, they have record of the request to take him off and change my name and didn’t do either still as of this day!

I cannot count the number of hours that I’ve spent on hold or the number of people that I have spoken to regarding the transfer of the lease agreement to the buyer of my home. Some people told me that my ex-husband was nowhere on the account, some people said that he was in assured me that they had taken them off, and some people even thought that the buyer was the ex-husband.

The day before closing on my home the law office told me they had everything they needed in order to transfer the lease agreement. We went to closing on March 26 without any problems. I now, 20 days later, have a bill for April and May and I’m getting messages about how the solar panels aren’t connected to the Wi-Fi. I reached out via email and was told that it takes 3 to 4 months for the transfer to be completed. Thankfully I want to clarification because of how unreliable this company has been, and I’m glad I did! They do not have the necessary signatures for the transfer of the lease, oh and they still have my ex-husband on the account! As of right now I am waiting for an email to sign the lease agreement. I will never use Tesla for anything again and I would never in 1 million years recommend this company whether it be automotive or solar to anyone! Buyer beware.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I am very disappointed in the customer service and support from Tesla. I have called several times Tesla without a callback. The quality of the car is questionable. I have paint issues and interior problems. For instance, there is a small dent on my hood that I have called several times with no return calls. My steering wheel cover is coming apart and I schedule an appointment. A guy by the name of Jeff called me back and asked for a picture. I sent the picture and he sent me a note back that he was canceling the appointment because the steering wheel is not under warranty. No options just that it's not covered. He was very nice but not helpful. I was thinking about buying a Model S and giving my model 3 to my sister but I am not going to do that now. From the very beginning, the customer service has been horrible. Not a fan anymore.

Original review: April 7, 2021

All I can say is don't accidentally overpay Tesla in any way, shape or form. Because I accidently paid them more than what the vehicle cost and the response I received was" they would send me a check for the over payment in six to eight weeks. I was told that they didn't have the ability to transfer the money into my account or cut me a check on the spot. They have the ability to zap your account immediately for a deposit or transport fee. Don't quite understand. Just beware!!

Original review: April 5, 2021

After a recent tire rotation service for my Tesla Model 3, we took out the car for a test drive to a local store. While driving, we noticed that the right front wheel had flapping sound. After we managed to drive back home, I jacked up the car using my Jeep gears, and looked at the front wheel. Sure enough, the nuts on the front wheel bolts were all loose, and one of them was almost falling off of the bolt. Fortunately I got the toolkits to tighten the bolts, and the car came back to normal.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Purchased a Tesla on 2/11/21. Few questions I asked about the vehicle "Can I adjust the side mirrors when they are in reverse" (hard to see). "Yes you can". The traffic viewing on the screen and yes it comes with the car. Told him I drive to the Bay area a lot, he said the standard range is perfect for that and that Superchargers are everywhere. He showed us the pricing between the Y and the 3. He was adamant about us paying the deposit and holding the car and if we dont we won't get the car in March & are going to have to wait for a few more months, and that "its only $100". I asked about used Model S, was interested in getting one, he said "Tesla doesn't sell used cars". Reserved the 3.

A few days later I go online to check the car progress & I see a used inventory section. I looked through them and saw that there was model S used for the same price as new. I called & the rep at costa mesa said "those cars aren't good cars, you can't test drive them, you have to pay a $500 deposit, they don't have any warranties". I called Newport Beach Tesla. They said, "You can come test drive, the car does come with a warranty, just not as long as the new cars." We just waited for the 3 to arrive, since we passed the 3 days. It was arriving between March 15-30, Was told that a week prior we would be notified. No notifications, no call. Logged on and it said it had arrived. Had to call my credit union & get the check overnighted. Called Tesla, and they said it will only be held till Friday (3 days). This was annoying since the car came in early and nobody sent us any notifications prior. It was a no contactless pickup.

As we left the traffic visualization was not showing. I called and asked, her response was "the car that you drive as a test drive has all the features, yours doesn't". I told her that our rep stated that the car we're driving is the same one that we are getting. She said no & we would have to pay for that. We do get a trial, after a while trial started working. Few days later drove down to Woodland Hills, I live in Costa Mesa, destination is 63 miles, 126 miles roundtrip. Had a full charge on the car at 235, drove the car there. When I got there, it was showing 135 miles. By the time I got back home, 45 miles left. a 126 mile trip drained 190 miles in battery. I had to set a service appt for them to look at the battery. I have had the car for not even 4 days and it's not what I was told. Next day I noticed green tape on the inside, back passenger door panel not on right, rubber around the windows was off.

I had a service appt for Friday, waited that day for them to come, 2 hours in I check the app to make sure & it was a message saying that it was rescheduled without a phone call. I go down to Tesla Costa Mesa & talk with the manager Michelle, explained to her what happened. She apologized about the cancellation of the apt and for the what the sales team told me. She will talk with Brian. Talk and see my options. Told me to go to the service center and tell them I had an appt, I go there and there they can't help me. I go back and she said she doesn't know why he said that. I ended up going to Santa Ana service and see what they can do and I will await her call.

I go to Santa Ana and speak with a rep there, I told him the range issues and he hears this all the time, sales rep are never upfront about the car. He broke it down to me about how the battery works, my car is charging at 80%, Tesla doesn't recommend full charge of 265 (I bought based on this). Supercharging hurts the battery (wasn't aware). I cant adjust the side mirrors in reverse. No phone call next day. I go down and ask for Brian, I explained to him everything and he also apologized and said that he should have offered me that as well, said that he will speak to the regional manager and give me a call. His answer to this "we can't do anything about it". I had to drive down to the Bay Area this past Saturday, I left at 7am a 5 hour trip turned into 9 hour trip with all the charging.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I ordered my 2021 Model 3 on March 5th. It was in stock in Washington, DC about 4 hrs away from Raleigh, NC. After waiting and completing all pre delivery tasks, I was finally notified that my Tesla was on its way to the Raleigh Delivery Center on March 8th. I was then told that my pickup date was March 19th. On March 19th I was notified that my delivery was changed to March 21st because the car was en route. How does it take over two weeks to move a car when it takes 4 hours?

We got to the delivery center on time and waited 30 mins for someone to finally help up. Prior to our pickup date, they asked if the new car should be in both my and my wife's name. I told them yes and sent pics of her driver's license as requested. The guy helping us disappeared for about 20 mins to print out paperwork that should have been done before we got there. When he returned, my wife's name wasn't on the paperwork. So another 20 mins wait for new paperwork.

We signed all the documents and waited until they switched plates from our trade in. Apparently they stripped one of the screws holding the plate on and he and another salesman struggled for a half hour trying to get it off. They were using a drill with a bit to try to remove it. Problem was the drill's battery was dead and they were actually turning the drill by hand to remove the screw. I couldn't bear it any longer and went out and using their tools, removed the screw. They had bent and scratched the license plate pretty badly. They put the plate on the Tesla, handed us two cards and said happy Tesla day and left. We got in the car and the display said ready to install update. Why wasn't it done prior to us arriving?

We pulled out of the lot and got a warning that there was a fault with the tire pressure monitoring system. When I looked at the remaining battery charge, we only had 125 miles of range. They hadn't even charged it. We had a 90 mile drive back home. The tire warning disappeared and we finally pulled into the driveway with 35 miles left. We did not receive and paperwork they said they would send and no owners card. It seemed like a shady "get the buyers out of here asap" situation. I sincerely hope we didn't make a hugely expensive mistake buying this car. Time will tell....

Tesla Company Information