Tesla

Tesla

3.6/5 (465 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Tesla

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Tesla Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla, Inc.?

Original review: April 25, 2022

I placed an order for the Model Y back in Oct 2021 and they promised to deliver the car to me by April 2022 the latest. I contacted Tesla back in Feb to check on the status of the delivery and they pushed it to June 2022 again. I contacted them again by the end of April and they pushed the delivery again to November 2022. At this point they are playing games with most of their customers because I asked to purchase one of the cars in their showrooms and they refused to sell me the car with the same price that I ordered it for with the same specification which it was $56,000 and said, "If you want the car you will need to pay an extra $12,000." I am very disappointed, I have been waiting to get the Car since Oct 2021 and until now I can't get the car. The dept of consumer affairs should investigate their behavior and stop them from cheating their customers.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Purchased the 2014 Tesla Model S 60. It's advertised to get 208 miles. That is FAR from accurate. The max charge at 100% is 147 miles. The ACTUAL miles that I get while driving it is 110-120 miles. Their "warranty" says that it falls under the 8-year, 125,000 miles. I brought it into Tesla asking them to replace it. They said that they would not, that the battery is at 94%. I showed them photos and video showing the digital and actual miles. Still no battery. Completely useless warranty. STAY AWAY FROM TESLAS.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I went for a test drive after a 2 weeks waiting period. A young staff who was going to give me the key emphasized that the test car has no insurance from Tesla at all. Neither can I buy insurance or transfer an already car insurance to it and would be 100% liable for any accident. I said if police takes me over and ask for insurance during test drive what should I reply, he said he did not care and everybody else wanted to have a test drive would be in the same condition. I found his statement irrational and asked if I could meet the manager. He said he was the manager himself.

After some talks he changed his words and brought a paper disclaimer which was not exactly what he said in the beginning and apparently he was not telling the truth. I had recently a test drive with Subaru and did not have such a discussion. I decided not to drive the Tesla with that risk. The Tesla store manager immature behavior made me think again about potential customer service issues and irrational attitudes in future if I purchased.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I bought 2 Cyberquads that arrived damaged. I have emailed them on 5 occasions now and been unable to obtain a contact phone number or chat bot. After the first email, they didn't address my question and have yet to respond to any follow ups. This is now going on for over a month.

Original review: April 15, 2022

We had the same bad experience getting delivery as everybody else, so no need to beat that horse. Our Y right off the bat had twitchy steering, normally a new car is different, so it takes some time to get used to, but we have suffered with it for almost a year. It has such severe oversteer you can never relax, the smallest touch and you are in the next lane. Called them numerous times but the old song and dance is the same and you can rarely speak with an actual person. Maybe the alignment is off they suggested but I have spoken with 3 other Y owners and they all report the same thing. I also drive an NSX which should have quick steering, but it's nothing like this.

Also, the car runs comfort control whether you want it to or not while it is sitting idle which runs the battery down. Tried everything to shut it off but there seems to be no way to do that. Constantly getting alarms going off while driving saying something like take control, but the lettering is so small and it goes away so quickly you cannot read it. Like to turn that off also.

Today it locked us out from Bluetooth entry. Just cut us out of the account, no amount of trying to sign back in works, tried on both phones. Asked to send us new password, nothing ever came. I know the info is correct because we can log into the website on our PC but not on the phones. Have to use the credit card key now. Lots of things to love, except for freeway steering handles curves really well, acceleration is great, great sound system, very quiet, solid feel, very good visibility.

Original review: April 8, 2022

To whom it my concern. Hello everyone, I had purchased a 2017 Model 3. When I first bought it had a lot of scratches on the Tesla. They were great by fixing it. On February 1 2022 at a four way stop sign car took off itself. Stopped at the middle of intersection for no reason since February until today. No answer as of yet. Then my park sensor fills out. I only had the car for four months. Tesla told my to make a appointment. Yesterday then they cancel again. On the app you load pictures they did not get it. Crazy. Now I have to pay $91.00 to fix it. Their customer service is very rude. Also why they do not record their calls because they are hiding something. If I can give 0 star I would.

Original review: April 4, 2022

I live in Texas and have owned a 2021 Model Y for about 6 months. I am using FSD. FSD is completely different from what is known. It's a scam. In particular, FSD cannot be used locally. I'm ready to die and I don't know if I'll use it, so it accelerates without reducing speed in sharp braking cornering. Recommended if you like roller coasters. Just buy life insurance.

Turn left and turn right??.. like a slug walking... Then, suddenly, it accelerates and, most importantly, it goes well, and then suddenly the brake suddenly becomes bright. Even when there is no car in front of you. If you happen to have a car behind you, the fear is immense. I almost got into an accident with the car behind me, so I can't use it at all. The brake brightness is not just a sudden brake, it is bright enough to blow the body forward. It's not just me, it's the same for everyone around me who uses FSD.

People who are Tesla YouTubers get really sick of it... It's all lies. Mileage is different from indicated and very short. The Model Y Long is marked over 300 miles, but... Actual usable distance on the highway without regenerative restart is less than 250 miles. To conserve battery life at the low and high capacity limits, the usable range is actually around 150 miles. Therefore, it is very inconvenient to travel long distances because it needs to be charged frequently. I don't know the mileage using regenerative regeneration locally.

Original review: April 3, 2022

I booked my Tesla in Sep of 2020. Initially my car was supposed to delivered in Nov...then it got pushed it to December... Each month it gets pushed without any notice or update... They don't commit to a single date... They keep pushing. Now we are in April. Today I get an update that my delivery will be August .. When I call their sales team it is like "TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT". The worst customer experience ever... After shelling close to 70k should we experience such a bad customer experience??? It's time to think and look for other cars...I say this again. We must raise our voice and we must all put similar message on every public platform to make TESLA understand that customers cannot be taken for "GRANTED"!!!

Original review: March 29, 2022

I own a Tesla Model X and when it functions, it is a great vehicle. The issue is when something goes wrong. There is no easy way to contact their service department. The phone lines automatically ask us to handle anything via the app. And the app frequently closes tickets that aren't even resolved. I had paid for an extended warranty on my vehicle and it has been more than 7 weeks and it is yet to be applied to my account. I have spent hours of time trying to reach someone "responsible" who can provide me an update, ETA and/or resolution on when the warranty would be applied to my account. End result - zero progress.

If I call their 1-800 number, they have started not even taking my calls. By chance, if someone picks up, they ask me to contact the service center for updates. And by change if I get someone from the service center on a phone, they either ask me to call their 1-800 number or tell me they are actively working but have not updates or ETA and cannot keep me updated either. And over all of that, they claim to be a non-luxury car company. No car company can claim that and charge upwards of $100k for a vehicle. This is simply outrageous!

Original review: March 29, 2022

I bought my 2013 Model S from its 2nd owner at 98k miles after lots of research reaffirming that maintenance cost was low and reliability was high. I actually loved my car, drove smoothly and quietly, but then I didn’t even reached 120k miles on it when the high voltage battery completely died on me. I parked one day at work with 80% charge and got out from work to find the battery completely drained to the point of not even starting or being able to put into neutral to push it to a charging stall. I left the car plugged in using 3 extension cords for the entire weekend (still at my job’s parking lot) and it didn’t take any charge at all and never turned back on again. I towed it to the nearest Tesla service center and after over a week they told me the battery had completely died and it needed full replacement to the tune of $23k (the car’s average value in the best condition possible and long range trim is ~$26k).

I asked about warranty coverage and they told me I was out (over 100k miles and just at the 8 year mark). I asked hypothetically if I had the money for the repair what their warranty would be and they said 50k miles on the battery only. The message is: DON’T BUY USED TESLAS but if you do make sure you’re still within the warranty period. GET RID OF THE CAR BEFORE THE FACTORY WARRANTY EXPIRES, after that all bets are off, it may very well become a bottomless money pit. DON’T EVER BUY A TESLA WITH NEW BATTERY thinking that it’s like buying a new car - it isn’t, you’re only covered for 50k miles on a fresh battery - completely wasteful and senseless.

It’s a great, fun, and classy car while the warranty lasts (service is great and at no cost for warranty covered items, no questions asked). But once out of warranty you’re all on your own. They wouldn’t even buy it back from me for parts - terrible customer service (when things went south) that leaves much to be desired from such reputable brand.

Tesla Company Information