Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Tesla Motors
3.22/5

Tesla Motors

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

118 Tesla Motors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

Purchase process was a breeze. Ever since then the car has been getting better and better. Every couple weeks there's a new feature out that makes the car even better than before. Have not have any quality or reliability issues. You're getting a lot for what you pay. If you're going to complain about a 1 mill difference in panel gaps, then go buy a Mercedes. But if you want the most fun to drive car with the coolest tech imaginable, then Tesla is for you. You don't realize you need it until you are in one and then it's game over. No other car comes close. It feels like it's from the future. Just smarter, faster and more convenient than any car I've driven before. While also being the cheapest to operate and maintain. It's been almost a year now and we've spent $0 on maintenance. Also, we estimate our electricity cost is 1/3 of what gas would cost for the same miles driven.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I took delivery of my Model 3 on Sept 21, 2018 - delivered to my home by covered 18-wheel tractor trailer (2 other Model 3's were also on board for delivery after mine). Communication was very good, especially from the driver of the delivery truck. I've used the mobile service twice: Once for additional 'credit-card style key' for the car, and another time for tire rotation. Easy to set appointment, and service was excellent.

The driving experience is unmatched. All electric with 310 miles of range is plenty. We went to FL from NC over Thanksgiving of 2018 with only 2 stops a Superchargers each way. 40 minute charge time each stop. Cost per mile of electricity is $0.03/mile, whereas cost of gas alone (not including oil, filter, radiation fluid, trans fluid, etc that my EV does not need!) is ~3x at $0.10.

We charge at home about every other night very easily overnight with a 220V NEMA 14-50 plug. The Model 3 can pull up to 32A from that and charges at 28 miles of charge per hour added to the battery with that current. To prolong battery life I usually dial the current back such that it'll get to the charge level I set (about 80%, or ~250miles) about 1 hour before we need the car the next morning, so between 12 and 18amps usually. Batteries lose some charge in cold weather, but it's very manageable. They say up to 30%, but I've seen maybe 20%. Simple to plan for though.

Autopilot and Navigate on Autopilot are amazing! Too much to say, but this is the best car I've ever owned, period. No shifting, not transmission, just smooth continuous acceleration, and great torque from 1rpm with dual electric motors. Immediate response at any speed. Beautiful car inside and out, and the experience is the thing that is so amazing. All glass roof, minimalist dash with all controls on the 15inch touch screen, two control knobs on the steering wheel, a turn signal lever and a gear stalk. However, those things are somewhat customizable also, and changed function based on what mode you're in. If you're parked (in "Park"), and playing the include Atari video games, the knobs on the steering wheel and the steering wheel itself become controls for the video games!! Wow!

Ok, I could go on an on, but you get the idea. It's really hard to go back to driving our other cars now: Toyota Sienna Van, and Honda Accord. Can't wait to get our next Tesla vehicle. I don't see every buying another brand if I can afford it. And I'll certainly buy used if I end up with another gas car, but I may buy a used EV before I do that if the need comes for another car when the Toyota or the Honda needs replaced.

Oh, I must talk about the regenerative braking! I hardly ever used the brakes - usually only from 15mph to zero, maybe a little sooner if I'm coming in quicker, but one can basically drive with the accelerator pedal and regulate both speeding up and slowing down in most normal driving situations. What does this mean? ... well, of course, that brakes hardly ever wear out! Another savings versus a gas car.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

The feeling I get from owning the Model 3 is unsurpassed by any vehicle I’ve ever owned. I received my Model 3 (Blue, Long Range, AWD, black interior) in November of 2018 and it has been my daily driver since day 1. I have installed a charger in my garage. Also, I own and have owned other premium luxury automobiles such as my 2016 Audi S3 which I could choose to drive any day I wanted. I’ve put less than 10 miles on the S3 since I have received the Model 3, and those 10 miles, used to keep the engine warm, become more and more shocking each time I have to drive it around the block for maintenance purposes. It’s just so horrible compared to the Model 3.

The infotainment is so far ahead of the competition that it is incomparable - as if we hit fast forward a decade or more. The Tesla touchscreen and navigation work so well that they replaced my iPhone as my navigation source. I’m not a safety expert, but I can say that the AWD version is hard to lose control of. The 2nd day I had the vehicle my city, St. Louis has 9 inches of snow and the Model 3 gobbled it up. Since then other snows or ice events have occurred and I’ve found it to be the most stable sedan I’ve ever driven despite not purchasing winter tires.

I am no audiophile, however; the sound system exceeded my expectations. Driving the vehicle is pure joy. Or glee. Both. It is so quiet yet so responsive. I simply laugh when getting behind the wheel of other vehicles now - they all feel so outdated and cumbersome. Having the Model 3 accelerate quietly, quickly, and on demand is such a game changer and driving with 1 foot while relying on regenerative braking for deceleration simplifies the experience. Tesla truly made the world better by introducing the Model 3 as everybody benefits from the increase in attention every new vehicle on the road will receive in order to compete. Based on my experience there is no competition as far as driving dynamics and infotainment. Everybody will have to improve.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased our Model 3 in September 2018 and took delivery 6 weeks later in Mid-October. I know a lot of folks have had horrible experiences with the delivery process (mostly with delays) but I cannot complain of mine. I was proactive and did make a number of calls to Tesla and was promptly transferred to someone who did some inventory match checks. I was told to text every week or so to have them search for matches and after a few weeks, they found mine. From then I started working with the Kansas City service team and they were terrific. They were professional and responsive each time I called.

As far as reliability, I've had no issues with the car and I must say its been the most enjoyable car I've ever driven. Nearly 4 months of driving now and I love it as much now as the day I drove it home. I think the issues that people complain about are temporary as Tesla is a new car company and every new company has growing pains and they are not solved overnight. You can't compare Tesla to Mercedes or Lexus who are legacy car companies who have had years to perfect their service. Best car I've owned.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I do feel sorry and sympathize with those who had such bad experience with Tesla Motors. We now have two Tesla cars in the family, 2018 Model 3 and 2016 Model S. We absolutely love them, although sometimes one could feel after all this is a new technology and young car company, and desire some improvements especially in the service and customer support area. It took a while to get used to the simplicity, no more bells and whistles that we used to see in a car, no need to turn engine on and off, just get in, drive, and leave afterwards. :)

All the updates are done over the air, some improvements are obvious and some subtle. No more trips to gas stations - we charge Model 3 at home (We do have solar panels installed, not from Tesla as a local company offered better deal), or at work occasionally. We charge the battery between 25% to 90% in order to extend the battery lifespan (8-year warranty), so we get about 180-200 miles between charging, not a problem at all for my wife who drives 10-15 miles round trip to work.

I drive to office once a week. It is 70 miles from home, but there are 4 Tesla Supercharging stations along the way, charging speed at 250-350 miles/hour. So I drive the 2016 Model S that has lifetime unlimited supercharging, plus I can use carpool lane! (To use the carpool lane, one does need to get stickers from DMV for $22 in California.) The car is so responsive and fun to drive. Because of energy regeneration system, one rarely uses brakes. Some owners reported no change of brake pads till 90K miles! Only thing that might need to be replaced more often are the tires. We do keep one gas car at home for emergency or airport use (2014 MB E350), driving it reminds us how primitive automobiles used to be. :):)

We had no issues with the Model 3 so far. The 2016 Model S had a warning for one of the 12 parking sensors. I used Tesla app in my phone to schedule an appointment. A service rep called beforehand to address my concerns. The service center in San Diego is very nice, everything went smoothly. While they were working on the sensor, I was provided with a complimentary loaner car (2018 Model S with 3000 miles).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla?

Original review: May 21, 2019

From the get-go of placing an order it has been the worst experience for purchasing a car. Not expected from a luxury car for sure. Each salesperson gives a different account and the customer is impacted in the long run. Yet no one takes accountability because the misinformation isn't their department's issue. An extremely poor customer experience as a result.

(1) Multiple visits - almost had a daily visit to the showroom for 5 consecutive days to apply a referral code. Every salesperson assured me that it could be done easily and short end of the long story is that it took them so long to figure out that this was not possible once the order was placed.

(2) Submitting a "Case" via website lands in a black hole - there are no notifications or follow-ups to assure that your concerns have been lodged.

(3) Although a delivery advisor was assigned after 2-weeks, there was minimal follow-up on next steps or required information. I seemed to be more interested to purchase than Tesla wanting to sell - so I relentlessly followed up to ensure all items were checked and delivery was on-track.

(5) I receive an out of office notification from delivery when I tried to confirm my delivery schedule. Department is closed on weekends, so have to wait until Monday.

(6) ONE day prior to delivery when I finally got someone on the phone, I find out that the delivery is pushed out by a week, and that a new delivery advisor has been assigned. When I demanded to know why was I not informed, the customer service rep responded that the new rep is on vacation and doesn't even know that she has a new case assigned to her. REALLY?!!!

As far as pushing out the delivery date - rather than fessing up that they missed it, they now try to convince that it was due to state laws in TX (check had to be mailed prior to delivery). For a company that is so far along in technology you'd expect the system to recognize that this customer is in the state of TX and not provide misleading information as seen below on my account. "Payment Method. Pay the final balance with an ACH transfer prior to delivery, or bring a check from your financial institution on delivery day. We will prompt you after this step." So here I am - with a cashier's check in hand expecting to hand it over to the advisor at the time of delivery. AND I had confirmed this on the phone earlier that this indeed is the process!

I have no idea of when the car will be delivered. The scheduled date on the site is of no value. It got pushed out from a 2-week to 3-week to now 4-weeks. And my trust is gone away completely. Tesla needs to get their act together - manufacturing and car delivery isn't rocket science. At least push out notifications to the email on file when there are changes.

Lastly it is hard to believe that none of the employees or the managers are empowered to help with making sure the user has a good experience. I am still upset that I can't use my referral credits and Tesla continues to miss the mark repeatedly as I keep getting tossed around in their policies and procedures. I can see so many opportunities for them to make amends and help users with a better purchasing experience.... and I haven't even received the car yet! Hope my driving experience is better than what I've dealt with so far.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Worst customer service ever. Especially the Tyson Corner location. $115,000.00 car and customer service is the worst of all... I wouldn't recommend this place or brand to anybody ever. I want my money back for real.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We just bought a Tesla Model 3 by delivery service to our home. However, the person who delivered the car was so rush and did not help us much to know the car's function. On the second day, we decided to drive the car to the Tesla Centre in Dublin CA, because there was charging problem with our exist home charging system, and many questions about auto parking and auto driving etc. Fortunately, we met Suzanne in the sale department of centre. She was very warm and tried hard to solve the charging problem, and also patiently show us how to use the auto parking functions and to teach us the auto driving on freeway. Previously, we read many negative reviews about Tesla service. Thus, we did not expect such helpful person in the Tesla Centre. I would not hesitate to recommend my friends to buy Tesla from the Dublin Centre in the future.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Absolutely love driving my S P85. Unfortunately, a Tesla should never be owned by anyone who who doesn’t have a second car to drive. Getting parts from Tesla can take the better part of a year! After hitting a curb and getting flat tire in February the repair shop told me Tesla was not even accepting parts order of 4-6 weeks. Unfortunately, once the order is placed it will take months for all of the parts to be shipped. This is not a new problem. It’s May now and I have no hope of getting my car back anytime soon. On top of that, calling the Rockville Service Center doesn’t get you anywhere. The automated system says, “No one is available to answer the phone and the mailbox is full.” That’s the way they leave it!

Original review: May 2, 2019

On March 15th, 2019, there was an incident with my Tesla 2017 Model S. Was parking my car in front of my garage, let it creep (going about 5 mph) when I hit my brake so to put it in park. At that point, the car took off with incredible speed through the garage into the house. I have been driving my Tesla for almost 2 years and have no doubt that my foot was on the brake. I was so grateful that no one else got hurt or killed. It took Tesla about 6 weeks to reply to my many phone calls and emails. Of course they claim it was my fault but I know that it was not.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Purchased the model 3 on 3/31/2019. Originally put down a deposit on it back on 2016. The issue with the customer service started from the start! The rep misinformed on how to order Tesla with reference code my friend kindly gave me. So now neither of us got 1000 free miles. I have a record that the rep said they will apply 1000 miles to my account but then later after going back and forward claimed they will NOT because it was ordered wrongly. Why would you do that?! Lie?!

Next the issue was with the car on delivery - it didn't have air valve cap, and the rest were different colors! On my request to get all the same - they fought with me over it for like 20 minutes! I bought a new car?! I want to have it right! Next I recorded multiple issues that model 3 had, they forgot to mention it had to be put down in system at the delivery! I am not buying Tesla every day?! So instead of going into service right away it took 10 days! But wait! Why would a new vehicle needs service right away?! I had issues like mis-alignments, microphone doesn't work, lights burned out, nick on the door, missing important parts, list goes on.

Ok, so it’s in service. We come to pick it up and boom NEW SCRATCHES! Misalignment even WORSE! Paint job done terribly - the front lights have paint all over on edges. My snow white interior is messed up!!! The driver seat is ruined! Brand new car is a freaking Frankenstein and NOT NEW! I am paying for something I do not drive! So they take it back for service, again... And I am so mad, and I cannot return it! I want to return this vehicle! It was not what was promised to me! What I bought! Aside from all of the above issues, the customer service is NON existent! Emails, calls to moon - nobody replies back! The manager at the physical location just ignores! I had to drive myself and waste my time back and forward - with NO result! Stay away from TESLA - Technology is there, but the rest doesn't exist!

Original review: April 19, 2019

Had a nice visit to the store and test drive. Very helpful and experienced salespersons and lovely experience! Everything went smoothly and would any recommend anytime. Model 3 was beautiful and joyful to drive.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I’ve had my Model 3 since October. Love it. Love it. Love it. It is so much better than the Audi S4 it replaced. The Audi sat in my driveway untouched for 5 months after I got the Tesla. My wife begs me to drive it as well. The drivetrain is light years ahead of all ICE cars. It’s not perfect, and Tesla has some growing pains, but I’d buy it again in a second.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I really wanted to love Tesla and my Model 3. I stood in line overnight March 31st, 2016 and put down my deposit. I assumed I was reserving a 35K car, with the same level of service and support that Tesla was then known for. The reality was, the base model wasn't available then (and still isn't) and I ended up paying $14K more, plus $9K for EAP and FSD, because I was told by Tesla that the price for these packages would only go up if not purchased with my car. Well, that was a lie.

Tesla later dropped the price to only $5K for people who bought their car at the same time I did, but didn't purchase EAP+FSD. People, including myself, were understandably upset: I hadn't even received FSD (still haven't), and Tesla dropped the price and didn't offer me a refund of the difference. But Tesla did offer to invite everyone who purchased FSD to their Early Access Program. That was 1 1/2 months ago. Since then, I have contact Tesla several times, by phone and email, and asked them to confirm if I would be invited to this program. Not when, just IF. Would Tesla really at least keep THIS promise. At first, they denied the promise was made.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Tesla’s mobile service is excellent. Had a minor issue to fix a rattle from autopilot camera. I was going to be on vacation when they were available to fix, and provided garage code. They came and fixed issue and communication through text was great. Highly recommended and change the old way of vehicle repairs.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Today I broke the record! Normally for getting in conversation with a customer service representative and tells you wait about 15 minutes, which is already faaaaar toooo long. Today we made it to 35 minutes. Absolutely unacceptable. What about putting some more people on the line to avoid this endless waiting time? Do they understand that we have a life beside Tesla customer service???

Original review: March 25, 2019

The worst Sales staff ever. You can call in anytime and talk to to anyone but their answers and tone will be the same with the same attitude in their tone. Including: Will not answer calls. Will not return calls - AT ALL, not just late. Extremely rude. Completely unaware of their own products and services. (For ex. I asked one of the salesman if their superchargers have a time limit on them, his reply - "I don't know". Those charges are in front of them, ALL THE DAMN TIME. And he doesn't know if his facility has a limit on it and is not interested in figuring it out for me).

Give one piece of information and then completely backtrack and lie to our face saying "no we never said that". Our own salesman who sold us the car, would pick up my calls after 3 days of trying and his answer would be 'you're not my only client'. Keep up the good work and soon there will be none. People go to Tesla for their cars, otherwise no one would step into such a ** for this kind of customer service.

Original review: March 25, 2019

My Tesla Model S was involved in a small accident about 3 months ago, has been in body shop since then, body shop has been waiting for body parts. Tesla says "out of stock". For a new car built in 2018... they have no parts for repair.... This so far has been a horrible customer service experience. There is no one who can expedite the repair process and the body shop support email response staff just sends standard response saying "part is not shipped...will update when it does." This means nothing. Where are the parts?

Original review: March 19, 2019

BILL ** call me to sell me a car Tesla used for $50000 dollars and I say need to see the car and he say, "NO. Please pay and after that you can see." TESLA stock is lose 100 points last 3 weeks - 360 now is 260. I UNDERSTAND WHY. CUSTOMER SERVICE TERRIBLE.

Original review: March 19, 2019

We signed up to purchase a Model 3 that was available in their inventory. The sales person explained to us that if we get the delivery of the vehicle before end of March, we will get what is known as "extended autopilot" for the price of regular autopilot ($3000). Extended autopilot is supposed to include self-park, lane change feature etc.

A couple of days later, I was told that "you haven't ordered autopilot" and later, they reneged on their "extended autopilot" promise. I ended up canceling the order on the spot. The attitude of the people who work there is unacceptable. Elon Musk would be much better off closing the sales stores who are actually making it worse for the customers. They are claiming that their car buying experience is different - they are right -- its is WORSE than anything i have experienced in the past 25 years with Lexus, Acura, Audi and BMW. I can TOTALLY relate to the reviews on this forum. I experienced it first hand. NEVER AGAIN! They said I will get my refund in 7-10 days. Hoping that doesn't turn into a new nightmare (fingers crossed).

Original review: March 17, 2019

Nothin' is luxury about Tesla X. Cheap interior. Seats are uncomfortable. Making all kinds of sounds while driving. I don't feel I am driving a luxury SUV like Lexus and Mercedes Benz. Falcon doors are messed up.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I ordered a new model X. Three days before I was scheduled to pick it up Tesla reduced the price by over $8,000. As Tesla does not negotiate on price and "everyone pays the same" per their sales pitch I of course said I was willing to purchase the car at the new establish price by Tesla. What did they want? For me to pay more than market and suffer an immediate loss and depreciation of my new car beyond what one would expect in the market. Crazy, they did offer the usual, complete the sale, pay us an additional $115,000 and cancel the order and we will refund you 100% within 4-6 weeks which by reading the online forums from other victims it could be over 6 months if at all. Let's get this straight, to get my $2,500 deposit back I would have to put up 46X that number and hope that I see my money again before they go BK, and it gets better. I don't have a car or anything to show from it, yeah right.

The day I went down to the delivery center to pick up my car and assuming they would of course adjust the price to what Tesla just came out with it was a disaster. My appointment was for 10:30 am, I arrive and they tell me "we weren't sure you would be coming" huh? I already confirmed. Later I realized it was because so many people had been cancelling their orders after the price adjustment and Tesla telling everyone with active orders to go pound sand. They then told me to come back after 2pm because it was still sitting in some lot somewhere and they never brought it over to the delivery center. Even without all the other problems Tesla is having you would think if you're paying over $118,000 for a car you would get the red carpet treatment and everything would run smoothly, not Tesla.

It's obvious this company is going BK and soon. I thank my lucky stars I didn't get stuck with this piece of crap and a soon to be BK company and no warranty etc. I'm now working with my credit card company to get my deposit refunded, I understand American Express has been very good to its customers, well see how Visa/UBS handle my issue, I'm hopeful.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I saw the car for the first time in the newspaper yesterday, over the years I have driven many different types of cars. Which most of them were Mercedes. My grandson is a car fanatic and he recognises any car companies and its models. As I design houses I have taken over my son's idea on taking in the different appearances of the cars and how they can be changed. I saw an image of the Tesla Model 3 in the newspaper (slightly thinking it was out of a kids' cartoon programme) I asked my grandson to give his opinion on the car and his view is the same as mine! We have both decided that the Model 3 has no character as the bodywork is too smooth and lacks design e.g no grill or sharp edges which of course you do not necessarily needed for cooling purposes etc. It is needed for appearance.

The interior also does not need the bright and overpowering screen which will constantly distract the driver. I also do not agree with the speedometer in the centre of the dash as it is not easy to see as you have to take your eyes fully of the road. I like to see physical buttons on a car so you don't have to scroll through pages and pages of settings just to change something. I could go on and on saying why Tesla's are poorly designed and you should change/sack your complete design team and start again to create a successful company. If not the car will take the company into liquidation and Tesla will not be a car company for long.

However from experience and from the point of view from a test drive or from a viewing, I have only seen images of the different models. This has given me no desire to test drive or purchase one of the Tesla models and I don't feel I will be unless the design of the car is changed. I could go even further with discussing this but I am sure this will give you an insight in how I feel about the design of the Tesla. Reducing the price will not necessarily to sell more cars as the design and looks of the cars is more important than the price.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I bought a new Tesla X 12/18/18 at approximately 5 pm and drove it directly from Tesla Pickup Center in Coral Gables to Naples, FL. I gave sales rep a check made out to "Tesla" for the full amount. I found that the battery was insufficient for the highway drives I had to do, so I took it back. Tesla policy notes that a new Tesla can be returned within 24 hours for full refund. I returned this Tesla X to Tesla in Coral Gables before noon the next day, 12/19/18, well within the 24 hour window.

The sales representative then told me that I could not use these monies to buy another car and that my check would be cashed and the funds would be held by Tesla for 30 days, then returned to me. I subsequently bought another Tesla on 12/29/18 for which I paid with another check, as the funds from the previous check could not be used for this purchase. As of this date, 3/3/19, over 2 months after purchase, I have received no refund from Tesla. I have called Tesla multiple times and been told they would get back to me. No one has called back.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Tesla Topanga is one of the most unprofessional and dishonest dealerships I've ever encountered. They have lied to me from day one. They pushed and pushed to sell me a car right before the Christmas holiday. I explained that I didn't want to leave a deposit because I had read the horror stories of trying to get your money back. Sales rep Oliver ** along with 2 others repeatedly assured me that they would refund the deposit if I chose to wait 2 or 3 months. After getting my money I saw that all the reviews I had read were correct. The customer service falls off a cliff. I repeatedly called and sent emails requesting my $2500 deposit back but heard from no one.

Finally after 2 months I cancelled the charge with my credit card company and continued to follow up. Still nothing until I refused to stop calling and they had some clown tell me that if I committed to a solar system on my home he would refund my deposit. I laughed and asked for his name which he mumbled and refused to spell. After I hung up on him, I immediately called back and spoke to Roman the assistant manager. He fluffed off the clown who tried to coerce me in a solar system and refused to divulge his name.

After repeated attempts to find out who this clown was I finally contacted the district manager Adam ** and explained that his team were dishonest and unprofessional. Oh and then I tried to reach a representative at the corporate level and they told me there are no phone numbers to call and I would have to send an email or go to Tesla chat? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? WHAT A JOKE!! If you really want a Tesla I would highly recommend you purchase it online from Tesla or go to a different dealership. Oliver ** is a lying, spineless weasel.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I bought Tesla Model 3 three months ago and its screen crashes several times daily in the first week. It took us 3 services appointment right away and lot of patience to get to the current stable state. The service tech are nice but clueless and they often lies without checking into details. At the end, we have to use my own video recording and work with a competent engineer remotely to find out that the MCU is faulty and Tesla agrees to replace with a new MCU unit to fix the problem. For several other small problems, Tesla either fails to order parts or show up with wrong parts. They never call us back for many promises they made. If Tesla continue operate the service in this way, it will lose customer's confidence.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

The paperwork Tesla sent to the DMV mistakenly listed the purchase as financed through my credit union, despite 3 pre-delivery phone calls from Tesla where I confirmed I would pay cash. Tesla refused to cover the additional $93 for the new title fee.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I'm pro-EV and I'm sorry I bought this car. It's very clear that Tesla's attempt to mass market cars is resulting in them skimping on quality and rushing. Car has been in for service almost as much as I've had it. There are still problems like water entering the trunk and a weird white residue it leaves on my garage, Tesla has a 2 month wait just to look at it. This is not worth it, I would sell this but I feel bad putting it on another buyer. Will be looking into lemon law soon.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

My Tesla Model 3 was purchased in January of 2018 so, I have over one year of ownership. In that time, I have driven over 20,000 miles without any problems. The Model 3 performs like no other car I've ever owned. Smooth, very quick acceleration, precise handling and a lot of cargo space. One of the best features of Tesla is their ability for over-the-air software updates. I've had 4 updates since buying the car and with each, it is a better car than before. The Autopilot feature makes long drives much more relaxing since it follows along with traffic and advises me when to change lanes for passing.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

The Tesla Model 3 is simply not comparable to any other vehicle (besides another Tesla). Certainly, no other car I have driven is even in the same ballpark. It’s truly revolutionary. The only way an electric vehicle stood a chance to survive against established automakers, oil companies, dealer networks, etc., is to make a car that is better in every single way. That’s what they did with the Model 3. It’s better in ways you haven’t even thought of, and will continue to get better through software updates. I could talk about the performance, phenomenal safety ratings, autopilot, superchargers, etc., but I’m sure you’ll read that elsewhere. All you need to know is one thing... Whatever your concerns might be with this vehicle, they have it figured out. And it’s better than you can imagine.

Tesla Motors Company Information