2. Automotive

Tesla

Tesla
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.35/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Tesla Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla, Inc.?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Ordering my Model 3 was exciting, and I felt in control for most of the process. I felt the initial customer service person was excellent... very respectful and seemingly knowledgeable. Then a week before our agreed upon delivery date, I got a call from a pushy inventory guy in Portland (the car had to be shipped there first). He said they will deliver it the next day. This would have been great had it not been that I was out of town for another five days (they knew that). They wanted me to change my plans so they could get it off their lot was the reason I was told. It's a long story, but luckily my wife was able to be home from work to receive the car two days later.

The option of delivery for our area is a wonderful thing, and was a huge relief even though things that I was told would happen didn't actually happen: 1. The driver didn't call to say his arrival time. 2. No registration documents included with car. 3. No bill of lading from the driver. 4. No instruction by the driver on how my wife could drive it if necessary, but nicely, he drove it inside the garage for us. When I got home, I emailed the other customer service guy in Portland and explained our dismay with the delivery process, and asked for the registration documents. He seemed empathetic.

The DMV registration process worked out fine. One little note: do not stick the temporary registration over the defogger elements on back window. In conclusion, I love my car (no gas, quiet, comfortable, high-tech, hauls ass, helping people breathe easier). However, there is a lot to learn... read Tesla's website, watch YouTube tutorials by them and Tesla owners, and see if you get rebates/tax credits. The latest thing I'm doing is getting a ceramic coating on the exterior (the original finish seems soft and scuffs too easily).

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I have just picked up my new Model3 from the dealer. The entire precess has been amazing and flawless. However when I got home one of the first things I tried to do was program my garage door opener. After considerable time online with Tesla I was informed that I need to spend $300 to purchase an additional add on and to add insult to injury this has to be installed by Tesla at their service center.

This has soured my entire experience. How can you sell a $50,000 vehicle with all the most amazing technology but without the ability to open your garage when you get home? The salesperson did not even mention this or offer it to me when i purchased the car. So in addition to the $300 garage door opener I need to waste two hours of my valuable time taking the car back to Tesla.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

This vehicle is amazing. It drives beautifully. The take off is out of this world. I wish I would have gotten into this vehicle sooner. The technology inside the vehicle sets it apart from any other vehicle I have ever owned before. It is truly a work of art, not just by its design but by the technology and the easiness that brings to my drive. I had my doubts about fully electrical cars but owning this vehicle for over 3 years now, ha won me over and I doubt I will ever try a different brand. One of the things that sets it apart is that it was design from the ground up to be what it is. Rather than using an existing framework and try to adapt a prior model or vehicle to fit the needs.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Tesla Model X, more Maglev than a Car. I live in France and our Model X is my 23rd car as our large family always had multiple cars. I initially did not want to buy a Tesla because of (-) media coverage and Musk's various unprofessional comments. I ordered a Volvo XC90 hybrid that Volvo failed to deliver on time so having multiple kids we desperately needed a family vehicle. I had test-driven most 7 seaters including Citroen C4 Picasso, Ford S-Max, Renault Espace/Grand Scenic. Having owned a 7 seater LR Discovery in a different country and not liking this car, I went to the Tesla showroom as a last resort and took a test drive because ... I had nothing to lose.

The test drive dropped my jaw as the Model X was simply fantastic so we ordered one. I had multiple questions and some worries about buying an electric car such as the charging concept and whether Tesla would be a reliable car. Thus I first bought a used Ford S-Max as a backup/utility car that our gardener also drives around and afterwards I ordered a Model X. I would rather prefer to buy a used Model X but I could not find any reasonably priced Model Xs, all were rather expensive indicating a significant demand. My Model X was delivered in Aix-en-Provence on 27 September so the car is still pretty much new. My review is limited to the first two months of ownership and it is not a long term, multi-year review. I would gladly rank my Model X much higher than any cars I have owned. My rating would be 20 out of 10.

The car is astonishing. Let me tell you why:

1. The design philosophy is totally original so the interior but especially the front panel is super coolly designed. The car is probably the best ever UX design among any car, any time. I would definitely rate my Model X as the "Best vehicle UX design of all-times".

2. The car has far superior performance and range. I was worried about how and where to get the car recharged and so on but these have been no issues. The driving is super cool, silent and feels like you are floating. This car is so advanced that I feel I have my own silent, super fast and comfortable "magnetic levitation" maglev train. I often see Bentleys and Rolls Royce's in Cannes and I feel sad for the owners for spending so much money into those dinosaur vehicles.

3. Tesla has no dealers and you buy directly from the company. There is no haggling or the act of being sold unnecessary accessories at high costs.

4. As you probably know, Tesla cars are awarded the highest safety ratings of any cars, ever built. In France, it is legal to use autosteer on highways and I regularly use this feature with my kids in the car. No one has ever honked at me so far. It has been almost perfect. The autosteering once made an error on the safe side. It braked slightly when I saw no need for it. Autosteering is great not only at high speeds but especially during very slow traffic.

5. The car is expected to have much less maintenance work than ICE cars. Time will show.

6. Tesla has given me good after-sales support. They called me directly to ask if all was fine and I could reach them directly if I have any needs.

7. If you love even a bit of tech, Tesla will make you so happy. The car is tech-wise perfect and offers multiple jaw-dropping features. I have a pin code so my kids can’t accidentally drive the car. If I lose my key, I can start the car with my mobile phone. I can choose how many amperes to charge my car with. The car even has a ‘biological attack protection feature’ explained on its website. Tesla says Model X is “hundreds of times better” than other cars in terms of its ventilation system so they were curious if the car would protect against a military biological attack. So they test it and found that it really does due to the super quality ventilation system. Your Tesla can open and close its doors without you touching them… if you want. This car is the epitome of tech and still it succeeds in giving you a perfectly usable UX with so easy menus. There is so much offered tech wise with zero frustration.

My Model X is two-generations ahead of any other vehicles including my old 2017 Land Rover Discovery. One extra remark, we did not have any problems but still feel a bit cautious about the falcon doors that are rather easy to use especially in tight spaces. Many public garages in France have low ceilings so it is not very easy to use these doors. My overall two-month experience has been fabulous. I have one simple suggestion to potential owners: Have your own test drive and see for yourself. Be cautious with the media coverage. I am grateful to Volvo for delaying their delivery by two months and making me a Tesla owner. Thank you all at Tesla, you have literally created the future of the automobile. Just for information purposes, Tesla has no automobile competitors. Its next target should be to beat the MagLev train :-)

Original review: July 30, 2019

Mobile Service TESLA Tech, Elias, was BEYOND Amazing, Super friendly, knowledgeable, patient and dedicated. He seemed to love TESLA as much as I do!! My Model 3, Elektra, was initially serviced at the Syosset service center for minor cosmetic work. Service was satisfactory. However, part of the work done was unsatisfactory. I asked for my next appointment to be made with Mobile Service. Best decision! Elias happily, carefully and competently fixed my issues, realigning tail light and charger door. He also made sure to thoroughly answer all of my questions and I had a lot! I HIGHLY recommend scheduling your next service appointment with Mobile Service. If you're on Long Island, hopefully you'll get Elias! Hope you found this review helpful! P.S. He even told me Elektra's birthday, March 19, 2019!!!

Original review: July 7, 2020

Tesla service is pathetic and unreasonable. They had my car which broke down again for about the 20th time and did not even call me 24 hours after it was towed to their shop. Tesla is the worst company I ever had to deal with and this car was not worth close to 92K. It is a joke and I lost my car for over a year with them dealing with battery problems, service part and more immature handling of such a large company. Elon Musk is a true idiot, immature, and a pot smoker fool that should not be in charge of a company. He is a true loser in every way.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I was trading in my 2018 model 3 for a model Y. Tesla offered 43k for my model 3, I accepted the offer. Delivery week finally came, and 3 days before delivery they decided to re evaluate my model 3 and change the offer to 39k. This gave me no time to sell the car myself. Seems like they were pulling a bait and switch. I cancelled the order. I can't believe how I was treated and how unprofessional that is.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Most energy efficient high performance vehicles on the market. The technology is next gen and is actually quite impressive. Best part ever is hands free driving with a piping hot coffee and donut. 0 to 60 miles per hour in 3.2 seconds with all wheel drive twin turbos.

Original review: June 23, 2020

We are buying a house that has an existing SolarCity contract. SolarCity is owned by Tesla and the representative has a Tesla email. The prior seller had solar panels installed and in exchange for free panels agreed to a 20 year contract, gave the company rights to either solar power tax credits, pays SolarCity for energy generated at market rates that only increase each year, pays all related upkeep costs, and can only leave the contract by paying the "fair market value for the panels".

As buyers either we assume the contract or the seller is liable for the remaining value of the contract or paying to move the panels to the new house. We have tried to contact our representative to get questions answered and they have not acknowledged our emails or calls besides to send us paperwork to sign and take on this contract. Overall, this has been the worst customer service I have experienced in years and we have not even officially became a customer yet. The contract provides no benefit to the customer and all to the company. I would advise anyone looking into solar panels to stay away from SolarCity.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Any complaints that I have are probably 100% attributable to Covid-19, so I am understanding. My car was delivered literally hours before the state lockdown. It was downright exciting to buy a car online. As an older woman who’s never bought a car before, I loved not wondering about negotiating a deal, or about a bunch of mysterious options. Everything was clear, it was easy to check the status, and the humans were extremely responsive. I do regret not trading in my old vehicle, as I thought for sure I’d be able to do better on my own. But I think it was a very fair price and I should’ve just done it and gotten that over with. It would’ve been far more convenient and less stressful!

Tesla Company Information