2. Automotive

Tesla
Shop on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.55/5

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Find a Dealer Near You

Tesla Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tesla, Inc.?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

From the moment I contacted Tesla for my solar panels, I’ve been nothing but impressed with everything. From their customer service to their regular updates, I couldn’t ask for more. I had a lot of solar companies approach me, and one of them actually told me that Tesla would not be able to do what he would be able to do. Well, he was right. They did better. My sub-panel failed the city inspection, and a Tesla tech was out the very next day to fix it so it could pass inspection. They scheduled everything in a timely manner. Plus their price is really unbeatable. It makes it make sense to go solar. I will definitely be referring them to my friends and clients.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Most energy efficient high performance vehicles on the market. The technology is next gen and is actually quite impressive. Best part ever is hands free driving with a piping hot coffee and donut. 0 to 60 miles per hour in 3.2 seconds with all wheel drive twin turbos.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Any complaints that I have are probably 100% attributable to Covid-19, so I am understanding. My car was delivered literally hours before the state lockdown. It was downright exciting to buy a car online. As an older woman who’s never bought a car before, I loved not wondering about negotiating a deal, or about a bunch of mysterious options. Everything was clear, it was easy to check the status, and the humans were extremely responsive. I do regret not trading in my old vehicle, as I thought for sure I’d be able to do better on my own. But I think it was a very fair price and I should’ve just done it and gotten that over with. It would’ve been far more convenient and less stressful!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Ordering my Model 3 was exciting, and I felt in control for most of the process. I felt the initial customer service person was excellent... very respectful and seemingly knowledgeable. Then a week before our agreed upon delivery date, I got a call from a pushy inventory guy in Portland (the car had to be shipped there first). He said they will deliver it the next day. This would have been great had it not been that I was out of town for another five days (they knew that). They wanted me to change my plans so they could get it off their lot was the reason I was told. It's a long story, but luckily my wife was able to be home from work to receive the car two days later.

The option of delivery for our area is a wonderful thing, and was a huge relief even though things that I was told would happen didn't actually happen: 1. The driver didn't call to say his arrival time. 2. No registration documents included with car. 3. No bill of lading from the driver. 4. No instruction by the driver on how my wife could drive it if necessary, but nicely, he drove it inside the garage for us. When I got home, I emailed the other customer service guy in Portland and explained our dismay with the delivery process, and asked for the registration documents. He seemed empathetic.

The DMV registration process worked out fine. One little note: do not stick the temporary registration over the defogger elements on back window. In conclusion, I love my car (no gas, quiet, comfortable, high-tech, hauls ass, helping people breathe easier). However, there is a lot to learn... read Tesla's website, watch YouTube tutorials by them and Tesla owners, and see if you get rebates/tax credits. The latest thing I'm doing is getting a ceramic coating on the exterior (the original finish seems soft and scuffs too easily).

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I have just picked up my new Model3 from the dealer. The entire precess has been amazing and flawless. However when I got home one of the first things I tried to do was program my garage door opener. After considerable time online with Tesla I was informed that I need to spend $300 to purchase an additional add on and to add insult to injury this has to be installed by Tesla at their service center.

This has soured my entire experience. How can you sell a $50,000 vehicle with all the most amazing technology but without the ability to open your garage when you get home? The salesperson did not even mention this or offer it to me when i purchased the car. So in addition to the $300 garage door opener I need to waste two hours of my valuable time taking the car back to Tesla.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I've been very patient with this company. I'm on my third Tesla and absolutely love the car. I understand the growing pains of a new company and have that consideration in this review. My first Tesla was a used 2015 Model S 85D, back when I bought it, Tesla provided pictures of the car and showed the car's defects. The car was located 370 miles away from me and took a considerable effort on my part to take delivery. After driving 7 hours to the car's location, they attempted to deliver the car to me with paint and body damage along with a malfunctioning hood lock. I refused delivery and had to rent another car to drive the 370 miles back home.

It took Tesla 5 weeks before they could get the car fixed and delivered to me. The entire 5 weeks, I had to find a way to get my own transportation as I had already sold my former car and paid for my Tesla in cash. Most Tesla employees I dealt with didn't care about the inconvenience they were causing me and saw nothing wrong about delivering a damaged car and expecting me to just take it.

A while later, I purchased a 2018 Model 3 Long range rear wheel drive for my wife. The car was 340 away in Las Vegas. Again, we took the long drive to take delivery of the car. Upon arrival, I noticed that car had hard water residue that had etched into the paint and it is still there to this day. I was told that a service center would fix this, but that would never happen. Also, two blocks down the road after taking delivery, the tire pressure monitor warning system came on. I stopped at the nearest gas station to check the tire pressure, 3 out of 4 tires had low pressure. What kind of inspection are they doing when they can't even make sure the tire pressure is with specifications?

Fast forward 18 months and I wanted to upgrade my 2015 Model S 85D with a newer Model S equipped with full self driving. I once again purchased a used car from Tesla and was able to find a car just 50 miles away. The delivery was delayed multiple times the car had headlight issues. When it was finally fixed, I took delivery of the car at the Marina Del Rey location. I noticed immediately that the car did not have full self driving installed. I was told that it's my problem to get it scheduled and installed at a Tesla service center. They will not refund your down payment if you refuse to take the car even though they are selling you a car that is not as advertised.

Two weeks later, I was about to wash the car for the first time and noticed a crack on the glass roof. I did not see this crack because the Marina Del Rey location delivers the cars outside under direct sunlight which causes a lot of glare on a glass roof making it hard to spot cracks. I reported the problem immediately but was ignored. I had to reach out to a Tesla representative in the Bay Area to get any sort of response.

Long story short, after purposely delaying their response to my request of fixing the glass roof crack and seeing the repair estimate from one of their own service centers, they stated that it took too long for me to contact them about the problem and would not fix the glass roof. I absolutely love their cars, even though its not the best quality and has its own problems but they are the most technologically advanced and I believe in their goal. However, I have yet to meet a Tesla employee except for two technicians in a service center, that have any integrity or even care about customer service. My third Tesla will be my last, I've given this company so much patience (and money) and got unprofessional dealings in return.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

If there were negative rating I would have given that. They are unable to be reached. Poor customer service. This is a prime example of how they make everything more difficult so they don’t get a bad review. It is not allowing for me to post unless is a long review. Hoping that you give up at some point.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

The Model Y is great, but... I purchased the car in Raleigh, NC (no dealers here in SC). Temporary tag good till 12/18/20 TODAY. No paperwork, impossible to try to get someone on the phone. Reached out to the salesperson that helped me at the dealership. She got back to me on Wednesday saying she'd look into it. Still nothing, REALLY! Still tried various ways of contacting some till I finally got someone on the phone today. Did I mention I left a voicemail at the dealership days ago. It "appears" the paperwork never went out and now there are 3 people looking into it. So is that what I tell the police if/when I get pulled over? Oh, once the paperwork is received I have to make an appointment at DMV. NOT a great experience. They have to work on their customer service.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

We are getting Tesla tiles for our home. The way Tesla is bragging about it despite of quite a big amount of financial investment we decided to start this project with them, we were so excited! Project suppose to start in September, so we can take advantage of solar Roof during winter time in New England. Tesla contractors came 7 weeks ago and started project with tearing our old roof apart. 2nd team of installer did not start their work on time and whole roof started leaking from rain water from attic to 1st floor.

So during thanksgiving break we had 4 dehumidifiers and 8-10 fans running in the house and made it impossible to stay in the house for 5 days with young kids in the house, It also caused some irreversible damages which we are still struggling to get reimbursed from company. Now it’s been 7 weeks and they still have not been started installing roof, Piles of material in front of garage has made it impossible to maneuver our vehicles around garage and day to day life. Worse thing is when we try calling them, no one took any accountability! They stated diverting us to the new person and has no Clue what’s happening. Would appreciate any help or tips from anyone what to do?? I would not recommend roof work from Tesla! They might have technology but very Unexperienced workers and work flow!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I placed an order online for an used $80,000 car without real pictures then noticed it has a rear center console which I don't like and requested to change my order for another one without that and credit the deposit towards the new car, I was told that the $1,000 deposit is not refundable or transferable, that is completely unreasonable and unaccepted. Super bad experience.

Tesla Company Information