2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (597 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Subaru

Subaru is a Japanese car brand that makes coupes, sedans and SUVs. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Subaru Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subaru?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subaru?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Love my Subaru???? Great car for the value. Feel safe every time I get behind the wheel. Especially when it comes to bad weather. Snow sleet driving rains can't keep me off the roads. Would recommend to everyone.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Beware Subaru Starlink's incompetence. I've had an incredibly dissatisfying customer billing experience... 6 months and counting! At the conclusion of my first year's trial of Starlink, they auto-renewed my subscription, which I'd already asked them not to. I immediately contacted them about the error. They suspiciously weren't able to reverse the charge on my credit card. I was told that a refund check was in the mail. 6 MONTHS LATER, I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY MONEY BACK. I call every 3-4 weeks, and each time they tell me they're sorry (!), and that THIS time the check is in the mail. Again and again and again. Needless to say, I don't believe them, and could not be more disappointed. Gimme back my money, Starlink!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I trade up my Subaru every 3 years, and have done this for at least 10 years because I feel it is very reliable, comfortable, safe, economical, and a great value. I don't think I will ever own a different brand!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

All of the bells and whistles leered incorporated into the Touring model. The convenience options make the car a pleasure to drive. On the open road I’m averaging 26 mph and handles well in all weather conditions.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Well I finally got to drive my 2019 in a descent storm that came through the Sierra Mountains on Saturday the 12/7/19. We started in a downpour and ended in a downpour and snowing in between, I am talking approx 1" of rain per Hour and heavy snow going over the Echo Summit. I have been living in the snow area for about 40 years so I considered myself kind of an expert with snow driving. What I dealt with so far -- First of all the car itself handle excellent on the snow didn't even have to put Crosstrek in XMode.

Know for the downfalls -- 1.) Headlights kept getting blocked by snow accumulation. I had to stop twice during the 80 miles through the snowing drive part and clean them off. 2.) Eyesight stopped working which didn't affect the car driving. 3.) The temp gauge was stuck on one temp probably due to the snow build up on the front of vehicle. 4.) the Fog lights were not an option due to snow accumulation on the front of the vehicle. 5.) Right side of windshield got snow build up due to the wiper wasn't built to clean that far over to the right.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Excellent car for the value. Also the safety rating in the Subaru Crosstrek with its all wheel drive tops most competitors in its class. After test diving all most cars, we kept on coming back to the Subaru Crosstrek.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

There’s so many to choose from but our Forester has truly been exceptional! The safety features are phenomenal, the price was the best option, the ride is smooth, and the company treats you like family.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I have an Outback...It is a fantastic car. Lots of room and no major blind spots. It has the power needed for highway driving and passing. A feature many miss is the luggage rack with the crossbars built right in! Helps the aerodynamics for fuel consumption which by the way is very good. It is interesting to note that the outback has more towing power than the Forester. The only dissatisfaction with Subaru is their packages - confusing and not always making sense.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I love my Subaru Legacy. It handles like a much more expensive car. The color is awesome and the overall look sleek and modern. It gets compliments wherever I drive it. 3 y/o and 113000 miles and it doesn't feel broken in yet. Go Subaru!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I brought my Subaru pre-owned and had a question about my extended warranty. After going through several layers of press the number for your particular question, the option that I chose could not be acknowledged by the automated system. I went through this a few more times before I hit a different option hoping to be connected to where I wanted to go. That worked, but the person who I got on the other end transferred me to the automated system again, which of course still was not working properly. I finally decided to send an email and who knows how long it will take for a response.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Comfortable seats, ample leg room, great visibility, sufficient power for my needs, ample interior space for passengers and storage, reasonable mileage, stability on the road, good range of color choices, could be a little quieter inside the cabin. Roof rack provides additional storage space.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

This is the best car I've ever owned. Although it's an SUV, it rides very well - not hard like my Jeep Renegade did. Passengers in the back seat tell me it is very comfortable. I have the "Limited" model, so it has some great features like Subaru's Eyesight. That feature is a game-changer for driving. I will never own another vehicle without that. I feel much safer since it keeps me from drifting into another lane, can brake quickly in an urgent situation and, best of all, driving on the highway with cruise control, the system adjusts your speed so that you never creep up too close to another vehicle. It's a must have for long distance driving. I love the fact it's all wheel drive. I feel much safer driving in rain and snow. Traction is awesome.

I'm super happy with my gas mileage, too. Average driving around town is usually upper 20's. On the highway, it's always in the mid to upper 30's. I tested it one time on an open flat interstate -- no hills, steady speed of 63 mph with the AC on. The computer readout showed 44 mpg. I've compared the computer read-out to the old-fashioned way to determining mpg's and it's usually off by about 3. That means I got over 40 mpg with the Crosstrek!

The Crosstrek has a CVT transmission (continuously variable, not gears) and, although a good number of people in Crosstrek social media groups complain about it, I've never had an issue. It's smooth and even feels like a regular automatic. The other typical complaint is that the engine doesn't have enough power. Is it the fastest car I've ever driven? No. Does it have incredible pickup? No. But it gets the job done. I've never had an issue, for example, pulling out onto a highway. Overall, 5 stars for this vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

This car has so many safety features. I can’t imagine driving without them. It fits my lifestyle and I can drive on any terrain without an issue. I am very happy with the amount of space this vehicle has also.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I love this car with all of its safety features. This is my first Subaru and happy with my purchase. This car has enough speed for me. People say they need more speed, not me. I am not a race car driver. This car is rather stylish to be a Subaru. I can honestly say I did not want the average car Honda, Toyota, etc because I am not ordinary. I do not like being like everyone else.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

We were impressed that our car insurance went up only $3 on a brand new car! This is due to the safety features. One design flaw is the gap at the door sills collect dirt and mud and make it impossible to get in and out of the Outback without getting dirty. The Customer Service at 5 Star???? Subaru in Oneonta, NY has been pretty good.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Issue with headlight freezing, building up while driving when it is snowing. Not suitable for long driving or out of state especially when it is snowing (I mean not even continuous snowing). Very dangerous so do not ever do that. Gas tank keeps freezing, again when it snows, just a little cold temp outside and it always happens every time. Very inconvenient and unreliable as you have to fix that before you can put gas. Snows build up underneath. This snow should clear up or melted away already as the car's been driven 40 miles 2 way already. I have 2 2004 cars and one is a 2005 Subaru STI and never experienced any of this issue with the WRX LTD.

Contacted dealer when it happened a month after driving it in October and was just advised to just pour water or use credit card to take out the ice build up around the gas cap and put w40 or wipe with it on both headlights when driving in snow or when you know it will be snowing later... The headlight I can figure that out because it is all LED and it was flushed inside and not mounted so this should be recalled and fixed. It just like the stoplight here in Illinois that they have so much issues when they all get replaced with LED. Not enough heat to melt the freezing snow (snow and wind), it caused accident because drivers could not just see it.

I wrote Subaru like 5 times already about this. All they said is check with the Dealer??? They are both incompetent dealing with the customers once you purchased the car but they will answer all your questions when you are still buying it... Just buy something else. For reliability I have a 2004 Subaru STI and a 2004 Toyota Sienna LXE LTD AWD that are still on the road. Probably cars built in the past last long than newer ones. I'll trade this overpriced car and will just start leasing...

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

We bought a new 2019 Subaru Crosstrek. It has the Worst gas mileage we have ever seen in a vehicle. It's getting 13mpg. We have owned it now for 3 months. Now the dealership has says it will get better the long we own it!! We would like to file a lawsuit against Subaru and the dealership for false advertising this product. It does not get Nowhere what they are advertising. Maybe we bought a bad one. If so we would try another Subaru.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Today I dropped my 2019 Subaru Sport off at Subaru in Turnersville, New Jersey for a second time and for the same issue. The tailgate stops working completely. The tailgate latch will not open the back and neither does the button on the starter key or the inside automatic button. There is no way to open the tailgate unless you have a screw driver and can crawl into the back to open up a manual switch. This exact problem occurred in the summer too.

My appointment was for 11 AM. After contacting Subaru for updates a couple of times I finally got a text stating at 4 PM someone was just now diagnosing the problem. Why bother to make an appointment if Subaru service doesn't plan on looking at my car for 5 more hours. I still have no car and no answers. To top the matter off the service department CLOSES at 5 PM which is in 15 minutes. At 4:55 PM I got a call that my vehicle was repaired and Subaru had already contacted service departments regarding this issue, so they actually had the part they needed to make the repair. So if purchasing a Subaru Sport keep this in mind as well as the disappointing service experience.

In speaking with the service man who signed in my Subaru, he told me that 11 AM was my drop off time, but they have all day to work on the cars. If I had opted to stay and wait for the repair I seriously doubt I would have had to wait 6 hours. Moving forward the lesson I learned when having your vehicle serviced at this Subaru would be to always tell them you are staying and waiting rather than leaving. You likely will have a better chance of getting your vehicle serviced in a more efficient and timely manner. Better yet how about if this Subaru just honors actual appointments.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Bought car from a Subaru dealership that had very bad dealing with taking care of my vehicle, contacted the dealership. It took about a week to to finally get the car repair, when it was repair I notice I could still smell oil burning, I contacted both Dealership and Subaru of America. Made several complaints but nothing was done about it, I was assured that the problem was fixed and it was done right.

I have maintain and service that car, I was told by the dealership and Subaru of America that all was repairs was done correctly and I did notice that the car was losing oil every 3,000 miles but I was told by the dealership that was normal and nothing to worry about. But I was told to maintain the proper oil changes approximate every 3000 miles and since it was a new car and there was free oil change for 2 years I did just that.

Recently I learn that it was not normal about the oil leaking and that this engine in this model car. The Company knew of this problem and had tried to hide it from the consumers to keep a better profit for its shareholders, a class action suit took Subaru of America to court and the details was disclose about the engine losing oil and that the company knew and tried to hide it. The court order them to fix it but I am seeing they are not really living up to the deal made to the courts. What they have done is put in place a scam that makes the consumer to pay for repairs to be able to take the test showing that the engine is faulty which cost about 2500 dollars, but if you fix the problem then the test they want to run dealing with the oil consumption will pass cause the leaks is fixed.

But that not the end of this nightmare, I also found out the Subaru of America sued the Dealership that I bought the car from for filing out positive report that the customers said how great the service and how please they were with this car when they were not please at all, and the owner of at this dealership, made people to lie about the engine and the car by filing reports. With the bad experiences they had received like me. This dealership close its doors and the records of how many times I was there for service was lost along with how many times I complained.

Do you think that when I came back to Subaru of America since I had found a honest mechanic which told me that I needed a engine repair and point all of this problem to me and also told me that this was a common problem with this engine. So the mechanic advise me to return to Subaru dealership and let them know and see how this was going to be handle. I made several call. Got different quotes just to bring it in to be looked at. But finally the dealership of Irvine where most of the repairs and really I am very happy about most of their service but Subaru of America customer people in charge that I was put in contact with has lied to my face over the telephone that there was nothing wrong with these vehicles 2012 to 2016 I think I was told.

But later after a few days the person came back with a offer of 1000 dollars off to help in the repairs of this vehicle, which I was told they was doing me a favor. I was also told that my car never had any reports about oil engine leaks by the person I was dealing with to get this matter resolve and I found out that was not the truth. He was telling me cause the Dealership of Irvine underline that their computer show that the right side was repair for a engine problem and the codes were on the papers showing it needed to be repaired again. But the person never shared that with me and the Corporate America knew of the bad dealing of this dealership where I bought this car and why they went out of business and that they had sued them in court and won.

This is what big company do. They find ways not to hold up to their responsibility or try to find ways to appease the consumer by either showing they have little concerns and honor, so they give as little as possible to maintain higher profit. I wrote back to the gentleman which I was assigned but also email Subaru of America my concerns and I know they should fix my car for free instead of paying a small portion or the other offer was 1000 dollars off of a purchase of a new car from them. Now don't you find this to be a real big joke and insulting to anyone who has been scam by dealerships selling their product telling you that they maintain the highest standards and guarantee doing business as well as warranty of excellents.

I'm still waiting. It's been over a week and no reply from the emails I have sent to all parties not even a phone calls. What is sad is the hours and time spent, researching and being frustrated by employees that are told to lie, not to have compassion, and find any possible way to not honor their commitment. I live in Fountain Valley, I was at the dealership on 10/25/19 customer no. **.

Now that is if Subaru of America or anyone want to check but I feel what needs to be checked is the class action suit claims what was discovery first and the outcome which was addressed and then find out there is a charge by most dealership for about 137.00 dollars just to check to find out and you can't get the consumption test until the repairs are done, which is about 2500 dollars. And that cost is also at the consumer dime, even if the test shows that it is a problem you are still out this large amount of money, but what even more funny is the Company has extended the warranty of this engine to 8 years but the cost is still on the consumers.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I have owned a 2014 Outback since 12/2013. I am the only owner and have kept the car meticulously maintained. It is really a nice ride and handles well.

Two weeks ago I had a “rumble”. I thought it was a tire but tires were fine. I called a tow truck and had it taken to my local mechanic, a Subaru trained mechanic. Turns out that the VALVE SPRING BROKE!! Damaging the rocker arm and camshaft. $2455 and two weeks later I have the car back. Subaru of America will do ABSOLUTELY nothing for me. I have 124,800 miles on the car and planned on driving it for quite a while longer. This damage happened due to no fault of mine. There is a defect in the 2014 Outback engine.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I bought a new 2014 Impreza in Richmond Hill. Paint defects appeared within 5,000 km all over my front bumper and hood. Both the dealer and Subaru Canada stepped back from repairing the defect under warranty and I had to file a claim in small claims court against both the dealer and head office. They eventually settled and paid. The issue is clearly experienced by many people all over the internet who also claim Subaru denied them any warranty. They lost me forever as a customer. They also asked me to sign a non disclosure prior to settlement that I declined. If I had then just writing this review would have landed me back in court. I have this entire disgusting experience fully documented. Shame on Subaru. Beware!!!!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Bought a 2019 Impreza Sport with manual transmission from Granite Subaru (Hudson NH) in April of this year. The car was great until I took it to the dealer for its first service on 07.13.2019. Once I left the dealer the car started bucking/stalling/losing power in any gear at 25,000 RPM. Suspicious, I checked the oil and found it to be overfilled way past the fill line. After draining it the dealer said the car wasn't right and had to keep it for a few. The service manager called the next day and said it was magically fixed.

Next day the problem comes back but worse. The salesman I bought the car from says call SOA. Subaru of America then asks me to take the car in multiple times to have it looked at. I comply, only to be denied there is an issue and Virgil at SOA offers me $700 to drop the case. After having to beg SOA to give me a loaner because the car is unsafe, they have me miss more time off of work to meet with their field engineer. This guy seemed to be more on the lookout to find something to accuse me of rather than actually diagnose the problem. He agrees that something is wrong. A few days later they tell me that that added 93 octane gas from a "IRVING" station and that is was fixed.

As expected it was not. After more of a headache, SOA agreed to repurchase the car... but of course they are now trying to take $2,500.00 from me (originally $9000) for using the car for three months, claiming that they can not refund the loss from 3rd party warranties that the dealer sold. Granite Subaru is claiming SOA is responsible and SOA is saying the dealer. Neither the dealer or SOA are good at communication.

I am now fighting for the rest of my money to be added to the settlement letter, and in the meantime the service manager from the dealer keeps calling to say he didn't make a mistake. The owner of Granite Subaru is also the GM and refuses to reply to requests for a call or meeting. This is 2nd BRAND NEW Subaru that has been junk. I purchased this Impreza after my 2015 decided to die after a faulty dealership short block exchange. Please look into other brands and stay away from Granite Subaru in Hudson NH.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Outback owner since 1995. Purchased 2013 outback in February of 2013. Began burning oil at 50,000. Dealer told me was normal due to thin oil. Now using a quart of oil every 2000 miles. Just found out there was a class action lawsuit in 2016. Too late for me to join and receive compensation. Called Subaru and asked to be compensated for excess oil usage and was denied. Never notified me of this manufacture defect. No longer trust this company.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I bought STARLINK at a promotional price when I purchased my Outback. I received an email saying it would auto renew unless I called to cancel. I called to cancel because it was too much money for something that I had not used even once. I was told I would lose the last 45 days of service unless I called the day before it renewed. Really? This must be the only company that can’t figure out how to cancel auto renewal and fulfill the remainder of the paid contract. After having that conversation and canceling because I don’t want to deal with a company that can’t figure out how to fulfill a contract and cancel a renewal, the agent offered me the service for half off. Why not just offer this in the first place? If I hadn’t been so angry that I was losing the last 45 days of the contract I probably would have paid half price. Oh, he did give me a refund of the unused (forced out of) promotional price—$5.00. Really too little, too late.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

As soon as my 2016 Subaru Legacy reached 28k miles it began to consume oil. The new dealer has done oil consumption test 3 times. And agree there is a consumption problem. But based on Subaru 1 quart consumed every 1200 miles is acceptable. They can't do anything unless my vehicle fails the consumption test. Interestinly that the threshold is 1200 miles when my car burns a quart of oil approximate 2k miles. And getting worst. I have lost all faith in Subaru... I wouldnt buy their products or recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

My first purchase, the one that instantly catapulted me into adulthood was my purchase of a brand new 2015 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited. I had researched the car ad nauseam. I had gone to many many dealerships around my state (MA) until I found the dealership that was able to make all this work come to fruition, Singer Subaru in Plaistow NH helped me sign on the dotted line and now I was the proud owner of a blue 2015 Subaru Impreza Sports Limited with black leather interior. I adored her. As it happens though a million devils follow the thing you love most, so a highway pothole claimed my first tire, so back to the dealership I went needing to replace the tire and the disk. And these past 3 years have followed suit with issues, a recall or two and more money spent on this love of mine. My dealership was bought by AutoFair and relocated to Haverhill MA.

This past August I took the car in for a heck up and aside for the regular filter replacement and oil changes, it also needed its CVT transmission changed. Today, 3 weeks later I wake up to a check engine light on. And I was beyond upset and worried. I bought a brand new car however I feel like the money I have spent for maintenance and fixes has taken a toll. Facing another bill in the hundreds for a pressure valve, I called Subaru Customer Care at 800-782-2783 to just voice my frustration and basically have someone hear me out. The lady was AMAZING, I wish I had remembered her name. She was beyond patient and kind and UNDERSTANDING. She said she would look into the issue and see if she could help me. I was happy to hear that I could be getting a discount but honestly having someone on the other line hear you out was amazing.

An hour or so later someone from customer loyalty department called me back and informed me that they had reached out to my dealership and would be helping alleviate the burden. I am glad I chose Subaru 4 years ago, and I will gladly be their customer for many years to come. I will pass this vehicle on to my father so he can finally retire his 98 Ford Windstar. Thank you Subaru!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Purchased my Subaru Forester in Greenwood, IN, a little more than three hours away from me. I didn't mind the distance because I thought I had found a good deal on a vehicle that I could depend on and would last me a long time. In the beginning of being a proud Subaru owner, I had all of my maintenance done at Gurley Leep Subaru in Mishawaka. When I brought up the excessive oil consumption of my car, I was told it was common for Subaru to consume more oil. They would always try to sell me unrelated maintenance whenever I was there. Eventually I stopped going there because I simply didn't like them. I brought up my oil consumption again at the new mechanic. They did a consumption test. Eliminating other causes, they determined it was something internal and were unable to perform the repairs because they didn't have the special tools unique to Subaru. So I went back to Subaru Mishawaka with the information.

I took my car in as soon as I figured out transportation while my car was in the shop for the day. A shuttle bus to town was the only option Subaru provided for me. I received the call with the expensive diagnosis. Fortunately, I had added an extended warranty on my car when I refinanced. They covered some of the work. A new cylinder head gasket was the primary diagnosis. This time-they had a courtesy car for me. The tech was also kind enough to call and ask me if I wanted them to replace my plugs, wires, timing belt, ball joints, etc. while they were at it. He told me it would only cost me parts and not labor because they were already in there doing work, "you'll have a whole new setup under there". I agreed. I asked him about my sway bars. He told me they were fine. Ironically, this is one of the parts they told me needed to be replaced when I was in for my oil change.

When I got my car back, nothing seemed different. I contacted Subaru again- I was told (again) that oil consumption was common in Subaru. I had a check engine light come on, I took it back to Subaru Mishawaka. They hooked it up to the machine, and said my catalytic converter starting to go bad. This was not under warranty. They changed my headlight and I was on my way. I returned to my local mechanic for maintenance. My car was driving funny and the light came on. The machine indicated I had a bad plug. I explained that I had recently had them change. The mechanic told me that it was the original spark plug to the vehicle, according to him, there is a marking on them when they come off the assembly line. This threw up major flags for me. I decided to go the Subaru Portage (which is just over an hour drive) and pay to have them check the head gasket to see if it was even replaced.

I explained my situation, oil consumption, etc. They determined the head gasket appeared to be new. I returned for them to diagnose my car. They found another $2000 worth of work that needed to be done in order to stop the excessive oil consumption. The tech replaced: oil pump, crank seal, a/c belt, idler pulley, time belt tensioner, and PVC valve. My warranty was out by this time. I pick my car. I don't even make it through an oil change cycle and my oil light is on. I check my oil- nothing on the dipstick. I call Subaru Portage right away. I add oil as directed/ take my car back. They find oil pressure sensor and leak behind Lh camshaft seal front cover. I asked why this wasn't fixed when my car was in there 3 weeks prior. They did the repairs. I pick my car up again and AGAIN my oil is extremely low- I, again, hadn't even made it through an oil change cycle. I called, and went back.

The tech wanted to do another consumption test. He wanted me to contact him in 1200 miles. During this conversation he asked me, "what color is your exhaust smoke?" What? I have no idea. I don't look at the back of my car when I'm driving. My car has been here 4 times, and you're asking me what color my smoke is. I didn't understand this. He told me that I would either need to get a new motor or a new car. He didn't tell me why.

I called him once my oil started getting low, which was before the 1200 mile mark. He restated that I would need a new motor or new car- that I wasn't leaking oil, I was burning it. I informed him Of this the very time first took my car to Portage Subaru. He said the piston rings sometimes go bad on these things, allowing the oil the slip through. So all this money that I spent fixing around the problem, I should of spent to pay off my car. Instead I owe on a car that is worth nothing. Instead, I have a car that failed to be dependable and last a long time. I feel that I was completely taken advantage of by Subaru.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I don't think I will purchased car Subaru again after I had a bad experience with Subaru located in Troy, MI. They had an advertisement said that if you had a test drive at their location, you earned $50 gift card, no purchased necessary. So I and my husband decided to go to have a try with this brand name at their location instead the dealership on Hall Rd. We went there, did a test drive, even purchased their car. After 1 hour, I asked them about the $50 gift card. They said they would mail it to my house. It has been 2 months now after I made the purchase, I received nothing. I called the salesman, emailed him, left voicemail, nothing, no response. I called his manager and left a voicemail, no response either. I think we did purchase the car, they don't care about what they promised and their customer anymore. I should never trust them. Worst service ever. Never come back.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

We bought an '18 outback last year October. It was in the shop nearly every month for various things that was wrong with it but mainly the radio unit wasn't working properly. After about 6 months of taking it in and them trying everything to fix it, they replaced the radio unit. Still had problems. The service manager told me that the best thing to do is set up a claim with Subaru of America. They were incredible. They offered me either an even trade of the car or a buyback. We chose the buyback. It took a while, but that was my fault as we were out of town a lot. They were patient with me and today they took the car back after inspection.

I would buy another Subaru because the car drove well, there was just other issues that couldn't be fixed with that particular vehicle. But mainly I would buy another one because of the way we were treated by them. They were so nice and helpful, it would be worth it just for the customer service. I hope they treat everyone like this.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I own a Subaru XV sport. Bought in 2016. Performance is good. Bad experience and disappointed. Recently found that the air cond Cooler Coil leak and the music player shorted. Spend large amount of money to replace both at the same time. Never in my life I have such an experience after owning about 10 cars throughout my 20 years. What a let down. I check with the sales guy and found out that I am not the 1st. Means there are flaws. Both is out of warranty. Also.. I Cannot imagine that major problem could have occurred in a Japanese car with a short period of time. Even Proton which is famous of problems does not have such major problem. Sincerely hope that the management to seriously look into such problem. What a let down.

Subaru Company Information