2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.34/5

Subaru is a Japanese car brand that makes coupes, sedans and SUVs. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Subaru Reviews

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

First of all, I love my Subaru Crosstrek. Since it is an all terrain vehicle I was surprised to hear the vibrating and rattling in the unit. Subaru replaced the unit once, but unfortunately the rattling noise came back. Wondering if anything else can be done with the unit to stop the noise. It even rattles on the open highways. Please let me know.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Because of all the driving I do (picked up my Crosstrek August 17th, 2019 as on 1-6-2020 I have 11,555 miles) I specifically purchased a Subaru. According to the website and window sticker, miles were averaged between 27/33 per gallon. Now I know that 33 is only under extreme optimal conditions. But I thought 27 wouldn't be an issue to average at all. That being said, my car has never averaged over 26.5 on any long road trip. I'd never buy another Subaru and wouldn't recommend their vehicles to anyone!!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

2013 Outback P2764 code. Dealership advised contacting corporate and I was offered $750 toward new car! Seriously, 125,000 miles, known transmission issue with extended warranty to 2022 but not mileage? Vehicles are meant to be driven! Beware of Subaru! Not so giving!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Not only do I love my Subaru, but I sincerely appreciate Subaru’s commitment to their customers. Of course I’m not talking about the dealers, but Subaru Corporate HQ In NJ. Whenever I’ve hit a snag with the dealership, HQ has been there to help. ❤️

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Very expensive repairs, poor gas mileage, the battery was a major issue, left us stranded at least 10 times in 2 years! Finally replaced by Subaru, but frustrating. There is no vent in the back so the backseat is sweltering during the summer. The service department at the dealership is great, the best part of owning the car!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Subaru?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I have owned Subarus since 1972. Of course, then you had to shift into AWD. I have had a 1996, 1999, 2011, and 2017 Outbacks and a 1998 Forester. My son has had two Subarus Impreza sport, and a Forester. and my daughter has a Forester. We all feel safe in these and love the way they drive and handle. Presently my wife and I have the 2011 and 2017 models that we bought after they we turned in off lease by other owners. Both cars have been trouble free.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

This car is the best car on the road. It holds its overall value and is most certainly dog tested and approved. I have hit a deer a couple of years ago and there was hardly any damage to my car. It gets great mileage and proven itself in various weather conditions.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Right size car. Comfortable for five. Plenty of storage. Good mileage. Great safety features. Adaptive cruise control, auto dimming headlights, lane departure all make for easy driving. The AWD and good ground clearance make for good visibility, safety and handling. We would recommend this car for comfort, economy and safety.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Love my Subaru???? Great car for the value. Feel safe every time I get behind the wheel. Especially when it comes to bad weather. Snow sleet driving rains can't keep me off the roads. Would recommend to everyone.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Beware Subaru Starlink's incompetence. I've had an incredibly dissatisfying customer billing experience... 6 months and counting! At the conclusion of my first year's trial of Starlink, they auto-renewed my subscription, which I'd already asked them not to. I immediately contacted them about the error. They suspiciously weren't able to reverse the charge on my credit card. I was told that a refund check was in the mail. 6 MONTHS LATER, I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY MONEY BACK. I call every 3-4 weeks, and each time they tell me they're sorry (!), and that THIS time the check is in the mail. Again and again and again. Needless to say, I don't believe them, and could not be more disappointed. Gimme back my money, Starlink!

Subaru Company Information