2. Automotive

Mitsubishi

3.9/5 (462 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Mitsubishi

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Mitsubishi Motors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mitsubishi Motors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mitsubishi?

Original review: April 29, 2021

Having this extended warranty saved me so much money! Right at the end of the regular warranty my drum brakes had to be replaced & the labor on that was crazy high! After getting the quote, I remembered I had the extended & called, they said good thing I called-Or else it wouldn't had been covered (one of those small print items). Mine was & I was very happy!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Received a map update card for my 2017 Outlander Sport. The screen asked for authentication key. Went thru all my paper work to find a 13 digit number. (My dealership closed.) My whole system is now locked up. Called Mitsubishi, they told me to take it to a dealer 1 hour away, did that. They told me to order a card from HERE, a map company. Long story short. I have been to Dealership 2 hours away twice. Still not fixed. Mitsubishi not returning my calls. What can I do now?

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I have a 2017 Outlander Sport the paint on the Hood is cracking and peeling off. First they told me I must have wrecked the car. If I had wrecked the vehicle I think I would have known. No other marks on the car. I heard today that they have had an issue with bad paint. I looked into having the hood fixed myself. It would be over $1000.00. I bought this car brand new and they refuse to fix my car. Anyone else have this problem?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I bought my 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE new. Right away it had a problem with the air conditioner, which was fixed by the manufacturer before I got the car. Things were OK with the car until recently. 9/2019, I was driving on the freeway and got a symbol on the computer screen that I did not understand. The car lost power and fortunately I was able to safely pull over and the car was then towed to the dealer. Something was wrong with the transmission, which fortunately was fixed under my power train warranty. Now three months later, the engine light keeps going on and off. The code is for catalytic converter. I took it to the dealer who said it is no longer under warranty even though it only has 79,000 miles on it. My warranty was eight years or 80,000 miles for bumper-to-bumper. I have talked to several mechanics who said they never heard of a catalytic converter going bad with this kind of mileage.

Mitsubishi will not do anything about it because they said my warranty is expired. This was my first new car and I maintained it and took good care of it. I was told these cars should go 200,000 miles and I was hoping it would. But now in the past three months it has needed two major repairs apparently. I am afraid of what might go wrong next. I think Mitsubishi should be covering the catalytic converter, but they refused. One mechanic said this is a factory defect because it is too soon for it to go bad. I am thinking of getting rid of this car now and getting another one and it will never be another Mitsubishi.

I also did not like the customer service when I took my Lancer in to have the code checked. I asked to talk to a couple salesman about a new car while I was waiting. One said he could not help me because his desk had too much sensitive information on it. Another one came to help me, but when he asked me how to spell Lancer, I was so shocked I did not want to deal with him. The service manager gave me such a bad migraine that I took three Vicodin after I got home and it still didn’t get rid of it. He told me I needed a new catalytic converter, but on the drive home, the service engine light went off. Now I am not sure what to do. I called Midas and they said I will have to pay them again for a diagnostic fee if I want this checked out. I did not expect to have this kind of aggravation on a car with only 79,000 miles.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The purchase was easy. Found the car, did app over the phone, went in, test drive, was out the door in an hour. The car is amazing. Handles awesome in all weather. Not too big, not too small. Good on gas. Lots of bells and whistles.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Similar quality and amenities to the Toyota Camry without the high purchase cost on the used market. I have one with 267K and other than routine maintenance + one alternator no issues. Can't beat that.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I like my new car. Easy on fuel. For an entry-level subcompact it's got plenty of interior room, especially in the backseat area. Well laid out inside and out.

Handling is a little twitchy. Braking is responsive. Overall good value for the money.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I feel this vehicle is safe and reliable and has all the features you would want in an suv that is affordable to the average consumer. It also has 4 wheel drive. The interior is spacious and accommodating. The one drawback is the radio media center.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I bought my Eclipse in 2006 brand new. It's been a reliable vehicle the entire time I've had it. The only damaged it's ever received is either from another driver or me. The only bad thing I can say about it is that the blind spot is terrible. Because of that, I back into a lot of things and I have to be very careful when backing out. It has minor wiring issue with the map light that I did by simply jiggling the wire. Parts of the numbers on the radio screen have begun disappearing. Basically, I don't know if my volume is at 11 or 15. No biggie. Other than those minor issues, this car has been completely reliable. Which I need when I have 3-4 hour drives to visit family. When I buy another vehicle, it will be another Mitsubishi.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I bought my 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage in 2016 from Hertz. The price was excellent... as well as the value. I would have preferred a larger, more solid car. However, I am retired and only drive to the stores and doctor visits, so it is perfect for me. I absolutely Love it!! I am out and about quite a bit and a tank of gas lasts me 3 full weeks! I could not be happier with my purchase.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

BUYERS BE WARNED! Stay away from Mitsubishi cars.The radiator sensor broke in my Outlander, and it will not smog with the engine light on in California! As a result, I can't register my car. Mitsubishi only sells the sensor and radiator together for $1,500! This is a total rip off, as there is nothing wrong with my radiator! The DMV said to junk it for $1,000. I guess they are saying Mitsubishi is junk? I don't have this kind of money. What am I supposed to do Mitsubishi?

Mitsubishi Motors Company Information