Mitsubishi Motors
3.46/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Mitsubishi

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

193 Mitsubishi Motors Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 6, 2019

My 2016 Outlander was rusting all over the top of the weatherstripping above the windshield and beside the windshield. And they called it stone chips when obviously was no sign of stone chips because it was bubbling under the paint all over the weatherstripping of the windshield. For a company all about their warranty, they really fight not to cover it. I had a VW that had the exact problem and they fixed it next day. Never buying Mitsubishi again seeing as my 3 year old car is now my junker.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I lost one of my 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited keys and needed to have a new one made. I looked for a replacement in several shops locally without any luck. Apparently, the key is non-standard length and has a chip in it. I called the Hub Mitsubishi of Katy dealership and was told that it would cost $140, which I thought was expensive, but I needed the key so I made an appointment to have it made. I went to the dealership and was told that it would cost $140 plus another $95 for the key. A whopping $243, including tax to have a key made. I believe that the cost to have the key made is excessive and unjustified. I told Anthony, the Service Manager, how I felt. I paid for the key and left the dealership.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I submitted a warranty claim last fall concerning rust breaking through on the tailgate of Mitsubishi RVR. As asked by Mitsubishi, I took the car into the body shop to ascertain a quote. The body shop took pictures and noted that the best course of action was to replace the tailgate. Mitsubishi decided to pursue a body shop of their own choosing and further decided to repair vs replace. I advised Mitsubishi that the repair would not hold and that the rust was bound to reoccur. Sure enough, it reoccurred as I had expected it would.

I called Mitsubishi as soon as I noticed the rust breaking through again. I asked them to pick up my car, provide me a replacement car and to replace the tailgate. They agreed to pick up my car and provide a replacement, but then re-nagged on that agreement. I was then asked to take the car into the same body shop of their choosing to have photos taken. I did that and waited and waited and waited for Mitsubishi to call me to outline next steps. As they did not call me to follow up, I ended up calling them about a month later only to be told by them that they would not stand behind the failed re-paint job. Buyer beware!

Original review: March 17, 2019

My newly purchased 2018 Outlander had to be taken into the shop due to excessive rocking of the passenger side power seat. The car was purchased new and has been taken into the shop for this issue 4 time. After two repairs which included complete replacement of the seat track, there is still excessive movement. In fact, service department personnel both agreed that the problems exists while comparing the problem with another vehicle on video! They compared my vehicle to a 2018 and 2019 Outlander which apparently has the same exact seat mechanism as the 2018.

During the most recent service attempt, the regional corporate manager (rep) determined that there is no issue at all, and that operation is normal. He determined this after trying to belittle me with his words. Interestingly, I have been placed in 4 rental cars due to this issue, so I'd say there is a problem. At this time, it seems as if there is no fix, and I am stuck with a new but defective vehicle. I had a Montero in the past, so I went with Mitsubishi this time. I am sorry I did. This is the worst decision I made. I now drive a very expensive vehicle in which the driver side seat rocks back and forth any time I accelerate or break. The seat does not feel secure at all.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I bought a brand new Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV few months ago. And recently I noticed a tiny paint chip in the left side of the car. I contacted Mitsubishi rep through online message and asked if a touch up paint can be sent to me. I was told to take the car to dealership. When I took the car to the dealership, the guy determined it was a "rock chip" without even look at it. And the dealer wanted to charge me hundred of dollars for a tiny paint touch up. The paint chip was less than 1mm in diameter, how could this be caused by a rock? It is definitely a pint defect. I am very disappointed about how Mitsubishi and its dealer treat their customers for such a small issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mitsubishi?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Mitsubishi sent me a safety recall for my Outlander, trying to get an appointment with the nearest Dealer, no appointment available due to unavailability of Mitsubishi tech for a month, called Mitsubishi to find a solution, they told me either go to another dealer 90m drive each way or wait using a car with a major saftey recall. Calling them was a big waste of time.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Last year was a milestone for me, rebuilding my life and credit after many rough years... in short I decided to buy a brand new car to reward myself. I choose the worst company in the world. Mitsubishi. Westborough Mitsubishi in Massachusetts. Do Not BUY. After week 3 of being in my new car, I began to notice stutter in the engine, RPM's going crazy. Called and was told that's the way it runs. Ok. Drive another couple weeks. RPM still going crazy, loss of power, misfiring, stall/stutter in engine... driving on highway feeling like I'm driving in hurricane, but 80 degrees sunny and no wind. Brought it to dealership. Was told they scanned it, no problems. It's a 3 cylinder. It's a CVT transmission. It's how I'm driving, it's how I'm stopping and starting... every reason except that the car may actually be malfunctioning.

A few weeks go by my car starts showing increasing miles on odometer... too many. I start doing math and tests on my own. Car is legitimately tacking in a half mile for every mile I go. I call again. I've taken pics and videos and logs of what it is doing. I offer to email my data. Matt the service manager says (verbatim) “sweetheart, there's no dummy lights... there’s no problem". Ladies... need i say more!!! My head gasket was about to blow. Yes pun intended!!!

So I began to research and keep track of everything the car is doing...beyond simply riding like **. My 3 cylinder brand new car after a year has cost me $5,678 in gasoline alone. It says I've driven 43,000 in one year! Mind you I live in Massachusetts one of the smallest states in America. That means I've had to drive over 800 miles a week every week. That means 124 miles every day 7 days a week 365 days. Ok so I do work full time not driving. I sleep 8 hours a night and do other things besides drive. The average American drives 14,000 miles in one year... I've done the math. It legitimately has added over 20,000 miles I did not drive.

I spent the day at the dealership with a Mitsubishi rep to no avail. My numbers, my proof mean nothing to them. I'm irate to say the least. I am however about to wage war on Mitsubishi... including local news and a lawsuit. There are many other details far too many to detail in this essay. However I would like to extend an invite to anyone else with a 2017/18 Mitsubishi still under warranty with these problems, similar or otherwise to contact me at my email: **.

I believe it's time to look into a class action suit. Fyi. Honda and Nissan were sued for accelerating odometers. Just because your car is new or you believe large corporations are held to higher standards... trust your instincts. You are not a moron and if you feel or have proof your vehicle is faulty then join me and let's make Mitsubishi pay for their unethical business practices because I for one am not letting this go. I've worked too hard and nice things are few and far in between for single working tax paying mothers like me or dads or anyone... It's not ok. Again **.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Finance manager (Joshua @ Jeremy Franklin) who I signed my papers for my car, told me that NEW Cars don't have a title and to use the BILL of Sales to register my vehicle, so almost a months and half later I receive the title in the mail which was dated April 2018 which was pre-owned and signed off by the original buyer. Joshua said this car was new and no title. I purchase this vehicle in June 2018. The salesman (Jesse **) called me to chastise me for giving this car lot a bad review so he informed that the FREE 3 CAR WASH DETAILS that he said I was getting I am no longer eligible.

They also have a referral program if some you refer someone you will get $ 100.00. My relative referred me, they tried to talk their way out of giving her that $100.00 which she just got September. Almost 3 months after I purchased a vehicle from JEREMY FRANKLIN MITSUBISHI KCMO. WILL NOT REFER ANYONE TO THIS DEALERSHIP. FULL OF NO TRUTHS, UGH.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

The down payment that you put down for your car is used as their commission. The manager gets that money and puts it towards raises and his bonus for that month, NEVER towards the payment of the car. They charge you an additional payment that is the same amount that you put down to cover up when they used it for commission. The manager admitted to taking 21-year-olds and younger to court and lie just to get the car back and have them pay for the payments even after they auction it off just to make a profit. The salesperson is told to falsify the application so that it approves it on the lot and then lets you leave without insurance on the car so that they are not responsible for anything that happens.

Then after the seven days that you have the car, the manager calls to let customers know that they weren't approved and takes the car away after having you sign an agreement that you would pay for the car before you leave the lot puts you in the tough situation when they call for the car back. So that how they get their money and trust me I know because I was an intern there. They are ripping people off and making it legal, the cars are not for individual sale and they can take you to court for it even after the car is yours and paid for.

If you have bought a car from them especially the one on Peach Orchard be very careful on what you do with that car. Even after years they can still come after you just because you have money in your wallet. If you have any specific questions on anything that they told you and wants to know if there's a way out of if what they told you were true, I am an attorney for sales and funds on owned business, email me at **. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I've owned 2 brand new Mitsubishi Outlander GT. Sold one and still own the other. First one I sold with about 15000 miles. Second one has 2800 miles as I write this. I've had lots of problems with them. The most severe is on the current one. Brake system failed and experienced sudden brake failure. The ABS module leaked brake fluid and allowed air to enter the system. Brake peddle sunk to floor and almost no brakes. All the brake fluid stripped all the paint on the way down to the floor... including frame and subframe.

All is rusting now and Mitsubishi will not fix it. Upon inspection of the damage, subframe was already rusted in the sections where brake fluid never touched. After researching, this brand has had issues with rusted out frames. I live in S. Florida. Car is 4 month old and is rusted... pretty bad. I've never seen or ever heard of something like this. The subframe hold up the engine and also the suspension control arms. By the way, one of the control arms is rusted also. This will become a safety issue very soon. Besides this issue, all interior parts squeak and rattle after a few months. Engine trips at idle (in both cars). I've sunk a lot of money buying these cars... I have lots of regrets.

Mitsubishi Motors Company Information