Mitsubishi

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have owned this 2000 mirage LS coupe for 16 years and it just passed 260000 miles on odo. Even at 260k miles, the car still drives strong. Over these years, I have replaced struts, outer tie rod, front brakes pads, timing belt, water pump (once), drive belts, valve lifters, valve gasket, 2 motor mounts, O2 sensors, spark plugs, wheel bearings, filters, manual transmission fluid, tires, and engine oil. There's one time the car died with no reason and it's one of the connector was not good, but other than that, the car has been really reliable and it always starts and goes. It still has original clutch and rear brake shoes after 16 years of owning, and I live in california. The paint on the body still shines except the paint on the plastic parts. My co-worker won't believe my car is 16 years with 260k miles when he saw the car recently. I would definitely recommend my friend for a Mitsubishi if the company can survive.

I have a 2011 Mitsubishi Endeavor and when my car was off it lock the doors by itself and speed forward rapidly fast moving forward down the hill but got stuck at the tree and then try to speed faster pass the tree then stop and caught itself off. I know there was problems before that happen like this before last car year was 2010. Someone please look into this because it could happen do anyone. I'm still bless to be alive!

I bought a 2014 Outlander from Tricity Mitsubishi with 45500 km mileage and with a price of $30600. Of course with $5000 dead payment from my old car 2014 Lancer. After one week, I called the agent who sold me the car and talked to him about the noise and the vibration, they gave me an appointment, I went and an expert there who doesn't work with them anymore, told that there is a problem of vibration that they will fix. They got the car for 2 days, and he fixed the problem but he asked to come back if the vibrations comes back.

Yes, the vibration came back and I called them, however that person left the job and when I called today, the service department responsible, without any respect asked me to go to complain to Mitsubishi Canada as this is how the car was made by Mitsubishi "with noise and vibration and we have nothing to do for you as our experts saw your car" and said it has nothing since that noise is part of the car that I'm paying its loan till 2021. Please, is there anyone who can help me with this very big problem that my dealer ignores and let me down this way?

I own 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport that completely failed at less than 60k miles. I call the roadside assistance card that was provided by the dealership when I purchased this vehicle NEW. Anyway, my vehicle wouldn't start so I tried trouble shooting myself (filling with gas, getting battery for key fobs, jump starting it) with no success.

I then call 1-888-648-7820 which is the number (card) that was provided to me by the dealership and it was horrific experience. They offered to tow it to the nearest dealership but that dealership was booked for two weeks being they are so small. I three-way called the dealership and mitsubishi informing Mitsubishi that they were booked hoping they would tow it to the next closest dealership so it could be serviced. They refused to come up with a resolution to help me. They expected me up tow my vehicle and wait two weeks for them to look at it or me pay for the tow. I've had Toyota and countless GMC and Ford vehicles and anytime I needed assistance they were more than helpful. I will never buy another Mitsubishi based on the principle that their customer service is lousy. Their loss!!

I have owned several Mitsubishi Automobiles since the 1990's. My most recent Mitsubishi cars have been a 2016 Outlander and 2015 Mirage. And I still own a 1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max truck. I have also owned other brands but hands down I've had better service out of my Mitsubishi Automobiles. The operating cost is extremely low. Example: oil changes. My Mitsubishi dealer charges 39.99 for a fully synthetic oil change, 27 point inspection, computer diagnostics, and tire rotation. And after two oil changes the third is free! And they don't use cheap oil. The oil is OEM Mitsubishi oil made by Eneos and has the highest quality rating! I've used both Eneos and Amsoil and the Eneos oil is far superior. My friend owns a Honda Fit and he pays 69.99 his synthetic oil changes at his Honda dealer and no diagnostics, inspection or tire rotation is included.

The gas mileage for my Outlander is averaging 28mpg city, 33mpg highway and the amazing Mirage gets minimum 38 mpg city and 48mpg highway but I often get as high as 52mpg! All 2016-2017 Mitsubishi cars have more standard features than any other brands and Mitsubishi's prices are lower! Who would complain about getting more features for less money and low ownership cost with excellent gas mileage? Oh, and 10 year 100,000 mile warranty! Oh yeah and 5 years Free Road Side Assistance.

Researching other cars I found most had manually operating windows and way less features than a Mitsubishi for the same price. There's no way I would pay $18,000 for a car with plastic hubcaps, roll up and down windows, keyed ignition, am/fm radio with NO CD, and non-painted mirrors, door handles etc. My 2015 Mirage cost $12,244 and is fully loaded! Push button start, pass keyless entry, Bluetooth, CD radio with USB input, wireless steering, wheels (no hubcaps), integrated turn signals in the side mirrors, all mirrors & door handles color matched to paint, fog lights, splash guards also painted to match the paint, electric windows & locks and much more! Mitsubishi cars drive great and have given me many years of excellent service.

I don't understand why people want to give a one star rating and complain about rocks breaking a windshield. The rock is to blame not Mitsubishi! And others complain after driving 160,000 miles the car is not perfect. Give me a break. You must maintain any car and the better you maintain the longer your car will last. Don't blame Mitsubishi because you didn't maintain your car or that you did no research and got shafted by a dealer. Do research and if the dealer won't budge on price find another dealer. I look up other dealers online and force the dealer to match or beat prices. It's also a good idea to get approval before you go so dealers won't charge you a exaggerated finance rate. You have to do some work but it really pays off. Mitsubishi builds very reliable, stylish, excellent automobiles!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mitsubishi?

I have a Mitsubishi Montero 2013 with mileage less than 20000 km currently. I complained about failure of hydraulic break booster system to the United Motors Srilanka (local agent) one month ago. There was no proper response whatsoever. Since then they advised not to drive because it is dangerous to driver and the pedestrians. Their response is that mother company wants to investigate that matter. This is very clearly manufacturer fault which is nothing to investigate rather than free replacement.

I bought the Best Ever Triton in 2015 and it's plated 2016. Within 2 months of owning this Triton my nightmares had begun and I'm still living them. Faults So Far: Engine light, Loss of power, Heater vent broke, stitching came out of drivers seat, interior light, central locking, 4WD drive (brakes locking on), tow bar recall (twice now), overheating. At idle my Triton doesn't get hot so when I drive off the heater doesn't work. I read that guy person complained of his set servicing bill, you should be thankful that at least your car seems to be faultless unlike mine.

The Good Points To The New Triton: You get to make more friends through RACV Roadside Assist, you get to take photos of your Triton being towed on numerous occasions. I've now got a photo album which all my RACV roadside reports, photos and times it's broken down. When my Triton is being fixed I get to experience driving other Mitsubishi Vehicle like the ASX, Duel Cab Triton, Single Cab Petrol Triton and when the Dealership doesn't have a loan car because my Best Ever Triton is so unreliable, you get to experience A RentaBomb all paid by me of course as the Triton is being repaired again. This Best Ever Triton Financially could send you broke if you're a Subcontractor as I am due to its unreliability. Don't fear as Mitsubishi are all about fixing your Triton (no matter how much it costs you the consumer, for loss of wages, lost income, loss of work). Good Luck To You All!!

Had organized to have my Mitsubishi Triton 30k service organized for the 13/5/2016. At the time of purchasing we were informed that all servicing would be capped for 5 years, no detail or other information given to us or discussed. First service was $300.00 so I assumed that was the capped price. When I rang up to organize the service to be scheduled for the 13/5/2016 I specifically asked the person at Mitsubishi Mornington as it was a major service would it still be the same price? And was informed a definite yes. After completion of the service on the 13/5 I went to pick up my vehicle and was informed that it would be $595.00. As I was under the impression that it was capped I only had funds for $300.00 on the day.

The person at Mitsubishi Mornington then informed me that the price was $295.00 more than I had on me. I again reiterated that I thought it was capped for the 5 year period particularly after checking this on the phone when I booked the service. The person informed that there was nothing she could do and would get the manager. The manager then came out and was exceptionally rude to me from the beginning, and was most aggressive and nasty. I tried to explain to him that we were never really made aware of the terms and cond1itions of the capped pricing and was happy to discuss. He then informed me in a very rude and condescending manner “that I obviously did not understand the meaning of capped pricing”.

He then informed me that there were numerous brochures in the showroom explaining the capped pricing schedule. I then asked him if I could see the brochure. He then said he could not locate any within the store but later provided me with a photocopied piece of paper with the information. I once again said to him that I did not have the additional funds and he then informed me that I would not be able to get my car and would have to find my own way home. He then continued to demean me further, by making the statement on several occasions in front of staff and other customers “that people like you will never pay.” I tried to diffuse the situation with him several times saying I would definitely make the additional payment as soon as I could. After much time had passed and I was suitably upset he agreed to give me the keys to my car and I left.

I of course will pay the additional money to Mitsubishi as I have never reneged on a payment to anybody in my life. Since the episode on the 13/5 I have done my own research on Mitsubishi Capped pricing, and now understand the difference in the costs re minor and major service and to repeat again at time of purchase this was never explained nor a brochure provided on the day of sale. My complaint is two fold. Mitsubishi should make the details of their capped price servicing very clear when the vehicle is being purchased which did not happen then or when I booked the service and clearly they were only interested in getting the sale on the day when they sold me the vehicle.

The treatment I received at the hands of the Manager at Mitsubishi Mornington was humiliating and embarrassing. As I work within the service industry I was shocked at his method of dealing with an issue. Not once did he ask me to come and discuss the matter privately, but instead seem to take great pleasure in carrying out the problem in front of a large audience. I am severely disappointed in the way the matter was handled and would look forward to a response from Mitsubishi.

We bought a Mitsubishi Montero Sport. The engine is great! When driving it, it feels like I'm holding the reigns to a very powerful beast! The only thing about it is the rumors of the SUA (Sudden Unintended Acceleration). Looking at the bright side, driving in the metro traffic is easier because other vehicles move out of the way when they realize that it's a Montero sport driving behind them, with the fear of being a casualty of an SUA. lol.

We purchased a brand new Mitsubishi Outlander in March 2016 in white. We have had loads of marks appear all over the car which look like chips on the doors, seals, and bonnet. It's only done 3000 miles. This car is on a 3 year lease and I think come the end of the 3 years it will look like it's had chicken pox and need a full re-spray which I am not willing to foot the bill for. Has any one else has these issues as thinking of backing the car to the dealer due to faulty paint work. Thanks in advance.

I bought my 2010 Lancer back to the very end of 2011 and got 165K in five and a half years by now. Up until last year the car drove and felt absolutely fine. I did have two of three official Mitsu-Lancer recall issues: heat sink, resulting in heat coming in, and gas belt wearing some pulley, resulting in the loss of power. Didn't experience the third one - had to do with ECU causing wipers and lights going on and off randomly or something like that.

Apart from these known (two out of three) recall problems, the exhaust manifold gasket cracked, but they did replace it free of charge in the dealership. In general, the road noise started to bug me the big time after three years I've been driving the car. It means Mitsu did a very lousy sound-deadening job, if any. Not cool at all. Also, my windshield cracked almost right after I bought the car from a flying stone, not even so big, judging by the sound it made hitting the windshield. I later found out - that's another weak Lancer's spot. Their windshields tend to crack a lot. There is, obviously, no warranty on the windshield though, so I ended up replacing it with some after market one in a random garage.

Apart from the mentioned above, the car drove pretty good, always started and didn't cause any major problems or had any annoying hiccups for about four years. And past about this time... it just turned into a pile of crap. It became very sluggish at take offs and even during the acceleration, giving me the feeling that it just doesn't go. And that's for not CVT or even AMT, but MT car! I had to replace BOTH left-side tie rods - outer and inner (which is quite untypical, if I understand it right), both rear wheels rotors and brake pads, which I guess is alright given the millage, but then again, struts and spring coils are not good anymore. The clutch disk is almost worn out, judging by the way it engages and the front brakes. I guess both pads and rotors will need to be replaced very soon, judging by the way the car brakes.

All of this seems totally legit on one hand, on another - it totally seems the car just flipped from being a good and pretty reliable to just a pile of crap just after four years. I don't know... It doesn't seem right to me. Usually cars deteriorate slower and by pieces. With mine one it feels almost like: year one/two/three/four - great, no problems... BOOM!!! GARBAGE... And it's hard to accept the fact that it takes only four years for a car to turn into a garbage and not even gradually, but sort of at once. To conclude this rather lengthy story of my personal experience with Mitsu Lancer 2010 - I won't go with another neither Lancer, nor any other Mitsu car again. Don't recommend to anyone as well. It's not a good combination of price and quality, not even near.

Recently purchased brand new 2016 Outlander, with less than 300 miles on it started to notice missing paint areas. Upon washing the car for the second time the whole hood and top of vehicle had multiple paint chips. We bought car for the bumper to bumper warranty. So with about 1100 miles finally was able to get Mitsubishi rep to look at it and their response was chips were due to impact and not covered!!! We live in PA and had vehicle out in the snow twice, most likely road salt made the chips. I have had several cars and lived in PA all my life, never had paint chip off of a brand new car. Dealership virtually did nothing to help, said we should get a lawyer and go after Mitsubishi. DO NOT BUY MITSUBISHI JUNK!!! If these reviews saves one person from making a mistake by buying one it will all be worth it!

I purchased a Mitsubishi Mirage about 4 months ago. Today the same model and same year brand new Mitsubishi mirage is offered by dealers for 40 % less of the cost of original cost I paid for the car 4 months ago + Tax. I still have huge loan on my existing car and the car's market value is less than 50 % because the same category brand new vehicle is offered for 40 % less of what I paid for because of the rebates offered by Mitsubishi. Because of the factory rebate the existing customers like me are suffering to a great extent because of the car's huge depreciation in a span of 4-5 months. Whoever is planning to purchase a brand new Mitsubishi vehicle should be prepared to accept huge loss in few months.

Hi. My name is Bailey. In 2012, I got into a huge car wreck. I used to live in San Diego, CA and one night I was on the highway on my way to pick up my boyfriend from work, I was getting off on an exit. I was the only person on the highway at that time. While merging, a car flew from a street on a hill about 10 feet above me, and landed on top of my car. My car flipped and barrel-rolled about 3 times. I landed on the wheels somehow and hopped out of the car. The only door that would open was the driver's side door. I didn't have one scratch on me. The ONLY reasons I lived were because I was wearing my seatbelt and the side airbags reacted. If it wasn't for the type of car I was in, I would have died. So yes this car can be a pain sometimes but it saved my life so I'm not complaining.

Suspension falls apart while driving with near accident & possible injury and Mitsubishi Canada refuses to cover service for repair or admit there is an issue with product. The vehicle had less than 1000 KM over the 200,000 warranty provided where the coil spring in front cracked in three different places while driving the vehicle. Almost total loss of control forces to pull aside. Informed cost will be over $1200 and Mitsubishi Canada refuses to admit there was an issue nor provide any $ support to cover the fix despite the local dealer agreeing with our situation. The coil was not rusted. It simply cracked in 3 different places. This was a vehicle we purchased for our daughter and are now quite worried with the quality of core components.

We reached out several times to Mitsubishi Canada who, despite our request for support for the faulty item, were informed that they will do nothing to support us and that this was a normal situation. Normal? A suspension exploding? We tried talking with them directly but they refused. We then followed up through the Better Business Bureau of Ontario, this forced their hand to reach out to us where they stated they would reconsider but wanted proof of warranty maintenance and asked why we did not go to their local dealership for service. We informed them that it was because their service was never done properly (Forgot to order parts, had to return to have the issue fixed many times as work not done properly). We provided them with detailed records proving that all maintenance as per warranty requirements was followed. We had to send this several times as they claimed they were not getting any info from us and wanted to close the case.

When they finally admitted they had received the necessary paperwork, they returned with an answer stating that they would not support us in the cost as it was over warranty. This is not acceptable given this is obviously a known and defective item installed on their vehicle given the extension in the first place. Further, having to go to another certified dealership to ensure that the repairs were performed correctly should not have an impact as by law, we are allowed to do so. We are merely asking for a supposedly reputable company to stand by its products and customers, especially given the safety concerns on an substandard part installed on a vehicle sold to the public. Will never buy or recommend this product/company to anyone.

My 2005 Mitsubishi Endeavor is my life. That car works better than anything I owned even though cylinder 3 misfires and costs too much to fix. It runs strong for 4 years now. 190,783 km and it starts up and everything works. Only noticeable problem is that the oil runs out and I have to fill it up but it's worth it. Also the black paint peeled off all over but I don't care. I love my car and never want any other. Only reason I didn't give it 4 stars is because I know most people see the oil thing as an issue but it doesn't bother me.

I bought it 2005 Mitsubishi Gallant. I read the handbook which said they change the motor every 5000 miles. I had a real oil changes done to the car and the motor blew on me when I brought it to Mitsubishi. They said that I didn't have enough oil changes and there was sludge in the motor. Every mechanic I talk to says that shouldn't happen. They refuse to honor the warranty. I was forced to buy a used motor from a wrecked car and have it put in. I will never buy Mitsubishi again.

Recall on Mitsubishi Spiders Eclipse - Mitsubishi send a recall on Mitsubishi Spiders about brakes problems with those cars because if that is not fix, we can end on a accident. That was in July. They send the second letter saying the same on August. When I call the company today they told me that they don't have the parts and they don't know when they will. So if I do have a accident they don't care.

Be advised - do not buy a car from here or Mitsubishi at all. Short story - bought a Lancer this January 2015 and last week my sunroof shattered out of nowhere and Mitsubishi headquarter of North America said no they will not cover me. I find this upsetting because when I bought this car, I was told my warranty is bumper to bumper. So if you want to deal with insurance and be lied by the dealer, then go ahead and give your business to them and your hard earn money.

In 2006 the most beautiful car caught my eye at a local dealership. It was a Mitsubishi eclipse in the most stunning color I had ever seen... a beautiful sunset orange pearl color. 5 years later I purchased a top of the line used one. I felt like a million every Time I got in or out of it. A year later I noticed the paint on the roof starting to bubble and chip. It has now spread across the entire roof and has become white and chalky looking as well. My dream car has become a total embarrassment and judging by what I have been reading... Mitsubishi is well aware of this problem and is not offering any help getting a new paint job.

I have had many cars and NEVER experienced anything like this. I would not expect a reputable company like Mitsubishi to do such an inferior job on their cars and then not take responsibility for what I can only hope was a MISTAKE... and not them PURPOSELY using inferior products just to save a buck. I am extremely disappointed and will not be purchasing another car from this company. And having to drive around displaying this hot mess of a car should be a good advertisement on what to expect if YOU buy one. In a nutshell... class action lawsuit.

I own a 2003 Mitsubishi evolution, 160,000 miles and still running strong.

Mitsubishi Eclipse Spider Convertible - I'm sure Mitsubishi is aware of the convertible tops leaking. The leaking has gotten so bad when it rains my car gets puddles. I cannot afford to keep replacing the tops, per the repair shop, replacing the tops is only a temporary fix as this will happen again. Just so upset I've put so much money into this vehicle & all I can do is sit back & watch the rain ruin it. Even covering the car when it rains doesn't work. Please work on this issue.

In March of 2014 I purchased a 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer to build my credit. It has been a year since I had the car. I went back to Shad Mitsubishi in Buford GA, were I purchased the car. They pulled the credit, and said it was not on the credit reports. I did understand why and they did not believe me. I told them I have done business with them before.

It was a heated moment. So they told me to take my business somewhere else. I went to another Mitsubishi and they said the same, it was not on the credit report. So I decided to take it to and outside dealer, such as Nissan, and Toyota dealerships. They pulled the credit, and it was located on the Transunion report. Somehow, Mitsubishi is playing games. They do not want to take this car back. When I purchased it, the price was $21,000. The car appraised for $11,000. No one will trade it, not even Mitsubishi and top it off, my payments are $520 amount. I will never in my life purchase anything else from them. They are dirty, and they do not care about the customers. Believe me, they will be closing soon.

I had this beautiful 2006 Eclipse in sunset orange. After about five years I noticed some light spots in the paint. Checking more carefully, I realized that the clear coat was talking off. The problem only seemed to get worse as time went on. I took the car in to a auto body shop, got a estimate to repaint. The cost was around 1700 dollars. The body shop person told me he seen this problem before on certain Mitsubishi models. I'm very disappointed. They never had a recall to correct this problem. This affects the resale value of my car. I hope Mitsubishi reads this.

11/5/15 my radiator of a 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander was damaged by road debris. Vehicle has 150,809 miles. This part, radiator, has been on Back-order since 11/5/15. Customer Service has changed the Estimated Time of Arrival, ETA, 4 times. Mitsubishi has informed me that my warranty does not have provisions for rental car and therefore cannot provide any assistance for the inconvenience this 5 month back order has caused.

Mitsubishi has NOT followed up with status and/or returned 5 of my 6 inquires to status and support of rental car options. Mitsubishi has refused to provide me senior management information to elevate this issue. ** are my Claim Managers - Claim **. They have "closed" my previous claim (same issue) to avoid any excessive OPEN claim metric! (Case number - **) Customer Service and Claim Managers (**) have not only raised their voices but have fabricated claims of submitting authorization for Rental cars and Offset cost relief on repairs.

Over the course of the last 2 months, my fiancee and I have taken our 2012 Galant in for a repair over 4 times for the same issue of a noise/vibration from the front end. Each time, after less than an hour, they said no issues were found or they just threw a part at in hopes that it corrected the issue. 2 weeks ago when I took my car into them for the issue, they told me it was my tires. And that I needed to get 2 new ones and an alignment. I had this work completed by another tire dealer. Not even a week later, the same issues are still present.

Two days ago after taking the car to them once again, they replaced the front left wheel bearing. They said, "This should fix it and if it doesn't, let us know." Well not more than a day later, it is still having the same issue. Finally furiated, I called and spoke with the GM of the dealership. He kept trying to tell me how it was and what he thought I wanted to hear. He also tried telling me that it was my fault that the tires needed replaced and that having the car serviced by them would have prevent the issue I'm having.

As of today 03/06/15, after taking my car to them yet again, they informed me that nothing was wrong with my car and that it was completely safe to drive. The service consultant stated that they know there is something wrong with the front end but can't tell where it's coming from. He then stated that the problem will only get worse with time until then that there is nothing they can do until something or a part fails. So he pretty much told me that there is a problem and that they won't fix it until they can clearly identify it?! So they expect me to keep driving it and hope that something major goes wrong? They are putting not only my life in danger but also my kids and fiance's life.

Ordered on Black Friday this year new ted Lancer Se w/ winter package (remote start etc), lip spoiler on trunk, premium package, and Katzkin leather. Dealer had to order car from out of state dealer but I had to pay immediately to get discounts being offered. Picked car up next Saturday, 12/6, in pouring rain. Saw immediately NO lip spoiler. Was told was in back order and I will be called when it comes in and have to bring car back for install. Ok, not a big deal. Asked where remote for the Remote Start was and was told dealer who shipped car did not include it and they will get it by time lip spoiler comes.

Now, it was raining hard when I looked car over outside but already signed for it previous week. Remember and they made me sign to get discounts. Well today is 24 hours after picking car up and is not raining. Paint is bubbling and peeling in large spot on roof. Factory defect. In trunk, under the winter rubber floor mats (winter package) was the unfilled out Customer checklist Dealer is supposed to fill out when they go over car before giving it to customer. So they never looked car over or saw paint and said screw it.

Sunday, 24 hours after picking car up and dealership closed, I emailed general manager and out call into lawyer again so if Mitsubishi does not handle this or first attempt to fix paint is not to factory new car standards I will proceed with Lemon Law and let lawyers handle it making Mitsubishi buy car back. They have 3 tries to fix problem then they are OUT and not just buy car back but pay ALL the huge legal bills.

I had to use 1-800-my-lemon 9 years ago against Subaru dealership for an issue that affected value of car. New car with paint peeling off roof on day 2 affects vehicle value. Sunday, dealership closed and 24 off hours since car was picked up. Will see how dealership in PA handles this issue. Lawyers likely will have to take over I am afraid. I hope for paint to be rectified properly as I stated in my email to dealer gm. Roof needs to be sanded, prepped, painted and clear coated just like factory.

I don't want to give my true identity because despite this location are dragging their feet in fixing my car, I don't want them to really try to mess me up. I finance a vehicle from them 2 weeks ago and since I signed the paper work, they have been saying that they ordered the part and since then that's all I've been hearing "it's coming, it's coming"; in the meantime I have to drive the vehicle still. Seems to me that all they are concerned about is making a sale (even a salesperson lied about the "real" price we had to put down for a down payment) and not concerned in the follow up on a "CUSTOMER". I plan to be a thorn in their side cause they crossed the wrong person!!!!

I confirmed the purchase of a l200 Walkinshaw in August 2012, which I collected as soon as it was available in October 2012 from the Main Dealer Harratts in Barnsley. One of the front tires seemed to have a slow puncture and after a few weeks of blowing it up I decided to have it repaired. When the tire was removed from the wheel, it was evident that it had a rip on the inner wall that could only have been there from new. The next fault I experienced was paint coming off the wheel centers so I was obliged to take the vehicle back in again to the Main Dealer for that to be rectified. Shortly thereafter, I next noticed paint coming off the wing mirrors and the door handles, so it was back in to the Main Dealer again. The next fault that surfaced was the powder coating coming off the wheels, so back in to the Main Dealer once again. Then the front bumper paint started to peel so I took the vehicle back to Main Dealer yet again. This was all in the first 12 months!!

Then, having read the advertisement in the Main Dealers that boasted the towing capability of the vehicle, I had a tow bar fitted by them and it seemed fine until I started towing. After approx 1 month of occasional towing of half the advertised weight the engine overheated, so I was back to the Main Dealer yet again who kept the vehicle for X days and then told me it was o.k. However, only 6 weeks later while towing a light load, the engine overheated again, so I was back to the Main Dealer, who supposedly fixed the problem and it was fine for a while but as I was not then towing there were no problems. The next thing that happened when I started towing again was that I observed the gearbox overheating rather than the engine. So I took the vehicle back to the Main Dealer. They got me back on the road again this time after about 5 days and I started to tow again but the same problem with the gearbox, overheating occurred again so it was back to the Main Dealer yet again.

They kept it in a bit longer than normal this time. I could be forgiven for thinking that might be to attempt to assure me it's going to be right this time but no, about 8 weeks later, on 21/10/2014, the gearbox overheating light comes on so its back to the Main Dealer and I'm without the vehicle once again. These l200 engines don't seem very good at all, although the warning lights are brilliant!! The after sales care and service at this Main Dealers is disgusting and I have had to travel from Bolton to Barnsley each time the vehicle has had to be taken in and invariably get myself home because they don't even seem able to coordinate the replacement hire car properly. Is there any Solicitor out there who can act for me on a no win no pay basis because the losses I have incurred due to the failure of this Main Dealer to deal effectively and efficiently with the recurring problems that I have experienced with the new vehicle they sold me are crippling my business?

I have got a Mitsubishi lancer since April 2013 so my car still in the guarantee. two months ago I heard a voice in the right front wheel and by investigating in the official agent in my country Egypt, the engineer told me that we have to change part in the suspension system - ''am really don't know this part name in English''. also he told me that we don't have this part. I made a request and the agent told me just ten days and they will bring this spare part. until now they didn't bring me this part and I made a lot of complaints at their complain department but with no reaction.

Mitsubishi Motors Company Profile