Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

186 Mitsubishi Motors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Finance manager (Joshua @ Jeremy Franklin) who I signed my papers for my car, told me that NEW Cars don't have a title and to use the BILL of Sales to register my vehicle, so almost a months and half later I receive the title in the mail which was dated April 2018 which was pre-owned and signed off by the original buyer. Joshua said this car was new and no title. I purchase this vehicle in June 2018. The salesman (Jesse **) called me to chastise me for giving this car lot a bad review so he informed that the FREE 3 CAR WASH DETAILS that he said I was getting I am no longer eligible.

They also have a referral program if some you refer someone you will get $ 100.00. My relative referred me, they tried to talk their way out of giving her that $100.00 which she just got September. Almost 3 months after I purchased a vehicle from JEREMY FRANKLIN MITSUBISHI KCMO. WILL NOT REFER ANYONE TO THIS DEALERSHIP. FULL OF NO TRUTHS, UGH.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

The down payment that you put down for your car is used as their commission. The manager gets that money and puts it towards raises and his bonus for that month, NEVER towards the payment of the car. They charge you an additional payment that is the same amount that you put down to cover up when they used it for commission. The manager admitted to taking 21-year-olds and younger to court and lie just to get the car back and have them pay for the payments even after they auction it off just to make a profit. The salesperson is told to falsify the application so that it approves it on the lot and then lets you leave without insurance on the car so that they are not responsible for anything that happens.

Then after the seven days that you have the car, the manager calls to let customers know that they weren't approved and takes the car away after having you sign an agreement that you would pay for the car before you leave the lot puts you in the tough situation when they call for the car back. So that how they get their money and trust me I know because I was an intern there. They are ripping people off and making it legal, the cars are not for individual sale and they can take you to court for it even after the car is yours and paid for.

If you have bought a car from them especially the one on Peach Orchard be very careful on what you do with that car. Even after years they can still come after you just because you have money in your wallet. If you have any specific questions on anything that they told you and wants to know if there's a way out of if what they told you were true, I am an attorney for sales and funds on owned business, email me at **. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I've owned 2 brand new Mitsubishi Outlander GT. Sold one and still own the other. First one I sold with about 15000 miles. Second one has 2800 miles as I write this. I've had lots of problems with them. The most severe is on the current one. Brake system failed and experienced sudden brake failure. The ABS module leaked brake fluid and allowed air to enter the system. Brake peddle sunk to floor and almost no brakes. All the brake fluid stripped all the paint on the way down to the floor... including frame and subframe.

All is rusting now and Mitsubishi will not fix it. Upon inspection of the damage, subframe was already rusted in the sections where brake fluid never touched. After researching, this brand has had issues with rusted out frames. I live in S. Florida. Car is 4 month old and is rusted... pretty bad. I've never seen or ever heard of something like this. The subframe hold up the engine and also the suspension control arms. By the way, one of the control arms is rusted also. This will become a safety issue very soon. Besides this issue, all interior parts squeak and rattle after a few months. Engine trips at idle (in both cars). I've sunk a lot of money buying these cars... I have lots of regrets.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I own a silver 4-door midsize sedan Mitsubishi Lancer. I bought it in 2010 brand new from Gillman Mitsubishi. I like that it's quick, sleek, trendy, came with system performance tires, tinted black windows, devilish looking front-end, honest looking rear end. It goes at 1:20. I've gotten as high as 1:15 truth be told. I picked it because it was my price range but it fit my personality. It also has a great trunk space, came with a full-size spare tire and a really good warranty. If there was to improve, I would add a sunroof, spoiler with fans maybe, have it maroon is color. Maybe if you added a decorative air intake, rice burning muffler, if you add it blue halogen lights, fog lights on standard.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I've been very satisfied with my 2011 Mitsubishi Galant. It handles very nicely and gets good fuel mileage. It is also very attractive and comfortable to drive. I also like its size. The features I most enjoy are the sun/moon roof, the 6-CD stereo, satellite radio accessory and the touch- screen information center, including navigation. Although I enjoy the Bluetooth availability for hands-free calling, I do wish I could also utilize other features via Bluetooth such as my music players or having my text messages read.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mitsubishi?

Original review: June 26, 2018

Mitsubishi Lancer is a small car and a perfect fit for my family. Fits car seats good, it's good on gas, and fast. It has good steering and has a nice sunroof but it isn't working right now. It's a nice car that runs great and it has good interior but I wish it was all one type of interior design and not mixed of leather and fabric. I also wish there was more leg room in the front seats and the car sun roof in my car opened.

Original review: June 24, 2018

My Lancer's color is beautiful. My family and friends love the outside and interior design. Very comfortable to take long distance trips, also very very economic. And the seat's design is ergonomic for tall and short people. Not super noisy and relaxing to drive. It is fast and it feels very light when you driving in long distance highways. The space is fair for a small family like mine, suitable for pets and kids. The GPS system that comes with it is very simple to understand. Also the stereo design is incredible updated. Everything it has is perfect for my boyfriend and it has even the sunroof.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Decent size Lancer sedan, lots of room in the trunk, awesome gas mileage, easy to get in and out of, rides easy, car seats fit easily, great car for the price... Bluetooth is a great feature as well. However, if you are driving with no music on the sound from outside is very noticeable. I would also like power seats and would improve the radio system, it can be confusing to navigate in the beginning.

Original review: June 22, 2018

My Mitsubishi Eclipse was inexpensive and had plenty of trunk space. I also liked the aftermarket radio installed and the manual sunroof. The heater was also very warm. However, it was used and the performance of the alternator assembly and its belts left me high and dry on the highway. The alternator assembly and belts need tightening. The sunroof should've been powered and a better sound system should've been put into it. Also, the air conditioning should've been cranking out very cold air.

Original review: June 17, 2018

So far so good, although the Mitsubishi Galant is a little big for me. I wish it were a manual transmission. I don't really care for the "turbo" option and the heater gets really hot and seems to warm up quickly. I don't like that the parking brake is in the center. It sticks up way too far and I always bump it when I reach over to grab something on the passenger seat. But I like how comfortable my car is. And it was the best used car available in my price range. It rides smooth and like it but I really don't love it.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I HATE THIS CAR!!! I purchased this 2002 Mitsubishi Galant in 2015 with 120,000 miles. I have only put 10,000 miles on it in three years and things that NEVER broke on other cars I've owned with 200,000 miles on them are breaking on this car. The bigger problem though is that the car is so poorly designed that no one even wants to work on it. For example, one month after I purchased the car the horn broke. Three mechanics refused to work on it because THE HORN IS INSIDE THE AIR BAG!!! To fix the horn would require replacing the airbag! So I have no horn. Another thing that broke is the flywheel, which means the car won't start. Have you ever heard of a flywheel breaking at 130,000 miles???

The real problem, however, is the flywheel does not come off separately on this car like it does on other cars. Therefore, the necessary part is NOT IN STOCK ANYWHERE, and has been on back order for a week. So I've been without my car for a week!!! Also, something I did not notice when I bought this car is that there is no keyhole on the passenger side. I have dogs that ride to the park every day, so if I want the dogs to be able to safely jump in, I must park this car with the steering wheel against the curb. This means I'm going against traffic when pulling away from the curb. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER MITSUBISHI!!! I repeat, I HATE THIS CAR!!!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Mitsubishi is great. It has been getting me to point a and point b. I love this car very much and it is my baby. I wouldn't trade it or sell it for the world. I love most of the interior and also the seats and leather. I feel so comfortable when I drive. It drives really good and really smooth. I haven't had a problem or any type of issue with my car. Mitsubishi could improve on the wheels, color and interior. I would love for it to be more roomy and also have tv and a better stereo and automatically start.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I have an open case with Mitsubishi Motors, as of today 5/22/18 it has been 30 days. 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage DE - The first case manager was Lupe who was helpful and responsive, but soon as issues escalated, and the case was handed over to Yafre, I rarely got a call back, and despite my asking for calls back to inform me on the status of the case, Yafre has been horribly uncommunicative and avoiding calling me. The district manager, Mr. **, with whom I spoke only once, and with a promise to call me back, never called me back at all. I asked the main customer service line to alert Yafre's direct supervisor regarding his lack of communication, they could not, letting me know that Yafre is the only one who address the situation with his superiors.

You can clearly see the problem here, I am getting poor customer service and I cannot get ahold of anyone to help resolve the case or give me an update on the matter at hand. Although no one at an area dealership is to blame for this matter, I have no confidence in the Master Technicians with 30+ years of experience who have assisted on the same issue back in February 2018, the warrantied work did not resolve the issue, it was the incorrect repair. Now that it has been in the shop again for 30 days, Mitsubishi believes that they have resolved the issue finally, but how am I to trust the work, when the same "Master Technicians" failed the fix the first time around? I do not want the car, and I do not want the responsibility/guilt/bad conscious of reselling the car to someone knowing the issues with the car that I do not trust. Asked for a buyout, and although they did not dismiss the idea, they are not moving on a decision. Horrible.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The Eclipse is a great car. I bought mine brand new in 2007 and the only thing major I had to do was getting a timing belt replaced. It still runs like a champ!

Original review: May 5, 2018

Gas mileage unbelievable, very comfortable seats, and cold AC. Effortless steering and great turning radius. Some road noise and a little short on power but the trade off is well worth it. Averaging over 40 mpg. Very satisfied with Mitsubishi Mirage.

Original review: May 4, 2018

The only thing I like is that the Mitsubishi Gallant was great on gas with a 2.5 liter engine, style was pretty decent but lesson learned, right now can't stand cars. They are too low from the ground up and they have no space, they are uncomfortable and will never purchase a car again. People will wake up and stick with SUV's and Crossovers cause they are tall and high and much more comfortable and are taking the world by storm and will save your knees from bending too much as you get older. My next toy would be Acura MDX...!!

Original review: April 28, 2018

Purchase brand new Mitsubishi Lancer ES 2002 and now has 260,000 plus miles on it and I'm still getting on the freeways between 30 and 31 miles per gallon. This has been the most durable car I've ever purchased. Repairs have been minimal and it's very roomy, takes turns well, and just a joy to keep on driving.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I have a 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander that I purchased brand new. In December 2017 it began shaking and was taken to Hamburg Mitsubishi for service. After a week of testing the dealership told me I needed a new engine and they were negotiating this with corporate. 4 weeks later, still negotiating the issue my vehicle was sent to interstate Mitsubishi in Pennsylvania (I live in NY). After a few more weeks they told me it was fixed and gave it back. I had it a week or so before I had to return it for ongoing issues. It was “fixed” and returned to me numerous times, all the while I kept having to drive to PA. Finally, I was told by corporate to take it back to the original dealership as they had changed hands. They had it a week or two before returning it to me again. This time it does before I even made it back to my house.

At this point I was finally told I was approved for a new engine, but it had to come from Japan and would be another month or longer. Mind you it is now April. This past Thursday I was told the engine was in and it was good to go. Today, after leaving work early to rush to an apt. I got in my car and it would not start, won’t even turn over. Throughout this process I have been without a car several times, stranded on numerous occasions. I have had numerous conversations with “Ovid” my customer service rep at corporate. I have been hung up on and told that there is nothing they can do because I’m outside the limits of the lemon law. As someone who has purchased multiple brand new Mitsubishi vehicles I cannot believe the way I have been treated. I am beyond disappointed, upset and dissatisfied and am going to tell everyone I know about my experience and encourage them to NEVER buy a Mitsubishi.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I purchased a 2016 Outlander in June of 2016. I have had four safety recalls in less than 2 years. One of those recalls being an issue with the transmission, and have had to take my vehicle in 5 times regarding this. Keep in mind I don't live in the same town as the dealership. I have to drive an hour each time I go and lose a whole day's worth. They've change management in their service department 3 times so I've had to deal with 3 different managers, and each time they just kept giving me the runaround or trying to play it off as not a big deal. To me it is a big deal because I am constantly on the road between school, sports, and work.

When my children are in danger because I am a sitting duck on the highway, "Momma bear is not happy!!" Mitsubishi has definitely ruined my car buying experience. I never had any issues with my vehicles before and actually the only reason I purchased a new vehicle was because I was getting a lot of miles on my previous and didn't wanna start running into issues. It has been an ongoing nightmare for the past almost 2 years in a brand new vehicle, this is stinkin' ridiculous. Unless Mitsubishi steps up and helps rectify this issue, I will never again purchase a Mitsubishi nor recommended. Too bad some of my coworkers have already purchased a Mitsubishi at the same dealer.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I went to Des Moines Mitsubishi Kia-Ford in Iowa to buy a t/stat and radiator cap for my Eclipse 2003. The mutt at the parts counter tells me - after diddling the PC for 20 minutes HE HAD TO ORDER THEM 3 DAY TURNAROUND - now this dump has about 25 service bays in the back - so NO ONE EVER NEEDS A T/STAT OR CAP?

Original review: April 8, 2018

I have worked for GM for years 25 +... My family has owned Mitsubishis for years, no problems at all!!! My son beat the hell out a Eclipse, it still hauls ass. Great cars. You never hear the good reviews only the bad. Look up Chevy and read all the bad reviews! It sounds like a lot of bad dealer experiences.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Mitsubishi dealership in Waukesha on Highway 16 in WI 53186, has my 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage car and the transmission is out. The service manager Marvin told me it was covered under normal warranty. Up to 60,000 miles. Now he is doing multiple questionnaires and tests that aren't covered to confirm the problem. I am up to 500 dollars and they're considering sending my car home to see if a trannie flush will kick in. I have been paying for a rental and they are committed to not to putting in a transmission but to try everything else. Probably to go over 60,000 miles so they can wash their hands of this.

I am so upset. I have 2.5 years of payments and the car is out of commission. I need help. They are giving it to me bad. They are at 262-506-3150 Marvin. Service Manager. Please help. I don't want to look for a lawyer etc. Just fix what is right and let's be honest. They have had car for a week so far and if they drove it they would know it's out. I had it confirmed with Oak Creek Auto 7984 S 27th St. 4147613250. They are going to put on new tires and this happened and their mechanic told me no doubt transmission is out doesnt go into gear when accelerating. Please restore faith in my life and someone look into this situation.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

We have had very good experiences w/ Mitsubishi in the past so we didn't hesitate to recommend one to our daughter for her 1st vehicle. We were pleased w/ the purchase of her new Outlander but as soon as we drove off the lot she noticed that the Bluetooth (telephone) wasn't working properly, or should I say as it has customarily; it only came out of passenger door speaker; way down by the floor. Worse yet was that it had a very limited volume unlike the radio, etc... so there is no way to hear it properly w/out leaning over the passenger seat (while you're driving...). I contacted the dealer & spoke w/ the shop foreman, he informed me that "yes" it was designed this way as a safety precaution. Seriously??? How do they justify this?? I immediately contacted corporate Mitsubishi NA and spoke w/ a customer service rep (I won't mention the name, they were very cordial).

Upon 1st explanation of the problem the rep immediately agreed that this is not normal and stated that they would contact the foreman to rectify the issue, it was even stated that 'of course the sound should come out of all the speakers' & even quoted page # and verse in Owner's Manual. The rep put me on hold and pursued a higher authority & then contradicted previous statement indicating that this indeed performs as was designed; also quoting 'safety' as the reasoning. I inquired as to how this could possibly increase (rather than decrease) safety as the driver would always be distracted trying to hear their caller; especially if there was a package/bag or other item on the floor blocking the speaker or, more likely, a passenger's pant leg???

It was indicated that the reasoning was that Mitsubishi wanted to make sure that the driver would be able to hear any oncoming emergency vehicles. I then inquired if Mitsubishi had any plans to rectify this and was told "no". This is not acceptable and the Bluetooth is not something one normally 'test drives'. Why are we the only ones bringing this to public attention?? This needs to be rectified and shouldn't cost them as much as it would when someone gets into an accident because of it... I can think of several inexpensive ways to fix this. The volume control is fine (if they seriously think this is an issue...???) but the caller should be able to be heard on all speakers. But seriously though, if you can't hear the caller should you have to pull over for a conversation? Then what's the point of having Bluetooth??? This is absurd.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

At Mitsubishi, we’re so confident in the quality, re not honored. 2014 Mirage car only 3 years old. Warranty requires 4 oil changes prior to 40000 km. I have records of 4 changes and cannot locate the 5th. Only 35000 km on car. Requires a piston rebuild for $5000. Supposed to have a 5 year 100000 km warranty but dealer claims oil should have been changed 7.4 times and refuses to honor the warranty. I am thoroughly disgusted. Repair represents 25% value of the car new and 53% of the cars current value. As always I find you get what you pay for.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Bought a 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer. First time buyer, it only had 16,000 miles. Was driving on the highway. Felt like I was in a plane. Clocked my ears. Turn off the car to find out what was wrong. Saw nothing. Get off the highway, axles fell off front right wheel. Getting the run around. This happen on July 3 2017. We are now in 2018 and still the car is not fix, pay a monthly payment of $491.00 and insurance $212.00 and no car. What is a consumer for, or a warranty of a new car if there is no help for customers. Need help fast. Got Lemon Law involved but it taken too much time. Still Owe until 2020. What a shame.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Bought new 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander loaded out with all the bells and whistle to include the FCM system. This feature have never worked on my vehicle or my sister's. I opened a case with Mitsubishi and they are of no help. Please go to YouTube and check out how this feature should work. This system is an accident avoidance system.

I am very disappointed with how this company refuses to repair stuff that's not working properly on their vehicles. The caseworker appointed to me was very rude and their rep saw no problem with the vehicle... really!! I recommended my sister to purchase the very same model vehicle without prior knowledge of problem. FCM system does not function in her SUV either. Wish I knew then what I now know. I will eventually trade this SUV and will never buy or recommend this manufacture to anyone. Customer service is everything and this company has NONE! I know there are others with this problem. It has to do with camera system mounted behind rear view mirror. If we don't speak up they will do NOTHING!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I got 2012 Outlander Sport I got new. After 5 years my car start getting rust on the hatch door. I still cover by the warranty but Mitsubishi give hard time to take care and didn't wants to provide me with a rental. 10 year warranty and 84 months of corrosion warranty not worthy, never again buy a Mitsubishi.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Never got a call back when car was fixed. Took it in November, got cuzzed at, were very rude. Bad experience. It's December now and car is still not fixed. I will never buy a vehicle there again. Worst experience ever, unprofessional, awful.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I have a 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback. Ever since I bought it, the car sometimes has to turn multiple times to start. This happens at least twice a month and I had Mitsubishi review my car a couple years ago and they said everything was fine. It's an annoyance I learned to deal with. Today my car starter died and I needed a tow out of my garage. The tow was with Mitsubishi Roadside Assistance and they towed my car to the wrong location-a farther away location by about 15 miles. I just wanted it towed 1 mile. They said I would be on the hook for the tow back to where I wanted it (at my expense). Then I find out that my economical $20k new Mitsubishi requires a special dealer part only for the starter and the cost was over $830. The average new starter at Auto Zone costs around $150.

Why would Mitsubishi make a model that requires a special starter? At the cost nearly 6 times what the average starter cost is? Because the roadside assistance through Mitsubishi towed to the wrong location, my mechanic could not complete the work and I will have to keep my rental another day-$77 more. If this is the type of engineering Mitsubishi requires of consumers-to have a special part that is ridiculously expensive and to make a mess of the tow service they promised would help (at no charge)... They have lost me as a loyal customer today. I have driven Mitsubishi since 2003. My next car will not be a Mitsubishi.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

A nightmare! 17,800 for a 2014 Mirage! Drove it off the lot it depreciated in half! The cabin smelled like sulfur. The car slipped out of gear while trying to go up a parking garage and once on a decline it rolled forward while it was in reverse gear! Thank God nobody was in front of it! And it was a automatic! The windows whistled. The tires on the road sounded like they were grinding into the pavement! The motor was equal to a leaf blower. Horrible. AND DANGEROUS! My payments were 350 through Ally. What rip-offs! I paid off 12,000. They repossessed it and sold a 2014 with 9000 miles for 6,800. They took it and drove it lot to lot on its real wheels! And auctioned it off! They want 8000 more off me. They're crazy! Horrible! I want my money back Mitsubishi!

Mitsubishi Motors Company Information