Mitsubishi Motors

Mitsubishi

4.0/5 (385 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Mitsubishi

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Mitsubishi Motors Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mitsubishi Motors?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mitsubishi?

Original review: June 27, 2022

I bought a brand new OUTLANDER 2022, in less than a month with less than 3000km the engine has started HEATING UP, it's been 10 days since my car is parked At Dilawri Mitsubishi regina. I still do not know when the part will arrive, I believe it's coming from space, in return Mitsubishi does not give you a RENTAL or a loaner vehicle, it's a blunt no even if you ask them. MITSUBISHI CANADA has very bad CUSTOMER SERVICE, please buy toyota or honda. PLEASE DO NOT BUY A MITSUBISHI. IT'S BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: June 23, 2022

We bought a brand new Mitsubishi Outlander last fall; however 2 months later it's catalytic converter was stolen. It took 4 months to get a replacement. When I asked them what options I had to protect it in the future, they said they had no Mitsubishi approved devices to protect a converter and had no idea when they would. They told me any additions or alterations could affect my warranty. 6 days after we finally got our car back, the converter got stolen again! The converters are too easy to steal. The cost of repairs is ridiculous and it's not covered under any warranty because it is a theft/vandalism. So not only are we out thousands, it will be another 4 months before we get our car back. Also, customer service was terrible. In all the conversations I had with them, only one person took the time to fully and competently explain things, like warranty.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I am having a problem with my brand new 2022 Mitsubishi outlander less than 6 months of owning. Last friday December 03/2021 my wife drove her car normally to a parking garage building in Kitchener Ontario, she left her car for approximately one hour and when she return the car won't start. It wasn't even cranking the engine and not releasing the electronic parking brakes, all the lights, radio and everything else were working. The car got an error message on the dash and service light was on. We called the roadside assistance and got our car removed after 5 hours of waiting to our closest dealer since the tow that was sent to us couldn't handle the car weight. We dropped the car at Kitchener dealer very late around 2am.

Next day on saturday December 04/2021 we drove to the Kitchener dealer to drop off the keys and explain the problem and for our surprise they said we shouldn't have dropped the car on their parking lot during the night because they were having some theft issues in their dealer and they couldn't be responsible for my vehicle if we left it there. We then called the Cambridge dealer and asked if they could have our car there to check what was wrong with the car and they said ok. We contacted the Mitsubishi roadside assistance again to request a new tow for the Cambridge dealer and for our surprise the roadside assistance asked us to pay for the tow because customer service wasn't working saturday and they couldn't pay for it.

When the car was moved to the Cambridge dealer we asked them if they had a car that we could use while our car was being fixed but they didn't have any car to lend us and we had to rent a car and pay from our pocket. To summarize we bought a new car to avoid having headache and having the benefits of roadside assistance and warranty, but we had to pay for the tow truck from our pockets, we are paying for our lease and we can't use the car and we are paying for a rental car too. If I have a regret is to have bought a Mitsubishi vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

22 months into covid and the only adaption made by Mitsubishi is to use covid as an excuse for poor customer service. A driver opened their car door on my mitsubishi in June 2021 and I am still awaiting for mitsubishi parts in November 2021. Their first lie is all the car companies are this slack, the second excuse is parts have to come from overseas (according to them Australia doesn't keep common parts such as bumpers and spare keys in stock), the third lie is it has to come from Melbourne and that takes 8-10 days (not withstanding the fact I am in the same city as them and I can easily get things sent from Melbourne overnight). They literally just make up lies that are not based in reality at all.

When you complain to head office you get a patronising reply that does nothing to address the complaint. They are misogynists in the king of misogynistic car industry and have made their cars unreliable just by not getting parts for female drivers in a timely manner. DO NOT BUY A MITSUBISHI, it is Japanese for misogyny and poor service.

Original review: April 29, 2021

Having this extended warranty saved me so much money! Right at the end of the regular warranty my drum brakes had to be replaced & the labor on that was crazy high! After getting the quote, I remembered I had the extended & called, they said good thing I called-Or else it wouldn't had been covered (one of those small print items). Mine was & I was very happy!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

Received a map update card for my 2017 Outlander Sport. The screen asked for authentication key. Went thru all my paper work to find a 13 digit number. (My dealership closed.) My whole system is now locked up. Called Mitsubishi, they told me to take it to a dealer 1 hour away, did that. They told me to order a card from HERE, a map company. Long story short. I have been to Dealership 2 hours away twice. Still not fixed. Mitsubishi not returning my calls. What can I do now?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

I have a 2017 Outlander Sport the paint on the Hood is cracking and peeling off. First they told me I must have wrecked the car. If I had wrecked the vehicle I think I would have known. No other marks on the car. I heard today that they have had an issue with bad paint. I looked into having the hood fixed myself. It would be over $1000.00. I bought this car brand new and they refuse to fix my car. Anyone else have this problem?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I bought my 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE new. Right away it had a problem with the air conditioner, which was fixed by the manufacturer before I got the car. Things were OK with the car until recently. 9/2019, I was driving on the freeway and got a symbol on the computer screen that I did not understand. The car lost power and fortunately I was able to safely pull over and the car was then towed to the dealer. Something was wrong with the transmission, which fortunately was fixed under my power train warranty. Now three months later, the engine light keeps going on and off. The code is for catalytic converter. I took it to the dealer who said it is no longer under warranty even though it only has 79,000 miles on it. My warranty was eight years or 80,000 miles for bumper-to-bumper. I have talked to several mechanics who said they never heard of a catalytic converter going bad with this kind of mileage.

Mitsubishi will not do anything about it because they said my warranty is expired. This was my first new car and I maintained it and took good care of it. I was told these cars should go 200,000 miles and I was hoping it would. But now in the past three months it has needed two major repairs apparently. I am afraid of what might go wrong next. I think Mitsubishi should be covering the catalytic converter, but they refused. One mechanic said this is a factory defect because it is too soon for it to go bad. I am thinking of getting rid of this car now and getting another one and it will never be another Mitsubishi.

I also did not like the customer service when I took my Lancer in to have the code checked. I asked to talk to a couple salesman about a new car while I was waiting. One said he could not help me because his desk had too much sensitive information on it. Another one came to help me, but when he asked me how to spell Lancer, I was so shocked I did not want to deal with him. The service manager gave me such a bad migraine that I took three Vicodin after I got home and it still didn’t get rid of it. He told me I needed a new catalytic converter, but on the drive home, the service engine light went off. Now I am not sure what to do. I called Midas and they said I will have to pay them again for a diagnostic fee if I want this checked out. I did not expect to have this kind of aggravation on a car with only 79,000 miles.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

The purchase was easy. Found the car, did app over the phone, went in, test drive, was out the door in an hour. The car is amazing. Handles awesome in all weather. Not too big, not too small. Good on gas. Lots of bells and whistles.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Similar quality and amenities to the Toyota Camry without the high purchase cost on the used market. I have one with 267K and other than routine maintenance + one alternator no issues. Can't beat that.

Mitsubishi Motors Company Information