3.69/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Buick

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

409 Buick Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Bought my 2017 Buick Cascada new and had no problems until June 29, 2019. Since then nothing but problems. Four attempts to repair at one dealership between June 30 and the middle of July. The dealership claimed they fixed/replaced crank shaft and can shaft three times and the issues were unrelated. Returned car to me leaking oil. Second dealership has had car since first week of August with turbo part 30 to 60 days out. GMC representative informed me that’s a parts issue not theirs and since they plan to repair it they are upholding their end of the deal. I thought the deal was a quality car?!?? Apparently the deal is provide bare minimum and expect consumer to be happy. I expected more from Buick. Should have stuck with Nissan. Less flash but a lot more reliable!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I purchased this brand new 2019 TourX and drove it home in March of 2019. Within a month I notice the paint job was not holding up. I don’t live on a dirt road, but saw many stone chips. The dealership ended up repainting the hood. I’m really concerned about the topcoat on this vehicle. My paint is actually stained from a maple trees droppings. This was in a small but high traffic road where street parking is the parking of choice. I have never had anything like this happen. I’ll be going back to the dealership to see what their explanation might be on this. Has anyone else dealt with this paint job disappointment? Thanks.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I purchased a 2015 Encore in 2016. I took it in for regular service at the dealer from which I purchased the car. Didn't have any problems with it until this year. We were taking a cross country trip to Albuquerque. On 6/23, we were about an hour out of Albuquerque when there was suddenly a loud noise coming from the engine. I immediately took it off cruise control and the noise stopped. I reengaged cruise control and the noise started again. So I disengaged cruise and every time I tried to accelerate, that noise started again. I took the car to the dealer the next day, and was told that the turbocharger was gone. Then the bad news got worse. They told me there were no spare turbochargers in the country. They put it on national backorder and couldn't tell me when one would be available.

After nearly a week, the dealer told me that they had made arrangements for a one-way rental which I would have to turn in when I got back home. They also told me that I could then rent another car until mine got fixed, and then they would ship it to me here in Maryland. They also told me I could submit the rental car bill to GM and MAYBE they would pay it. I decided to buy a new car instead, primarily because I had no idea how long I would be driving a rental car and there was no guarantee that GM would pay the bill. Now my brand new 2019 Encore is in the shop with a broken charge air plate. No idea how long it will take to get the part. Meanwhile I'm in another rental. What happened to quality control??

Original review: June 15, 2019

Gets stuck in first gear. In the shop over 30 days. GM cannot fix it. Car a lemon from day one. District Manager doesn’t get back to you. Very poor customer service. The interlink system shut off all the time. GM cannot fix that as well. Need to give me my money back. Also dealers keeps damaging the car when they try to repair the car. GM need to take the car back. Case open Since February. All I can say is this is ridiculous. Don’t buy GM.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I've had nothing but problems with my 2015 Buick Encore. Radio crackles, paint is flaking, seats are impossible to get clean, and now the turbo charger needs replaced. I will never buy another Buick again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Buick?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I purchased a 2018 Regal TourX in August of 2018. On December 8th while parked the car was hit from behind. My hatch was damaged. That week the dealership requested parts. We received a call from the dealership stating that A new hatch was not available and there was no known date for delivery of the part. They asked if I wanted to have them bump out the dents and do a body and paint repair. I said no, it was a brand new car. I wanted the new part. I didn’t want to deal with corrosion down the road.

The first of January the dealership called and suggested we escalate our problem to Buick Customer Service. We did. It took 2 weeks to speak to someone at customer service. She stated she would called me back within 3 business days. She didn’t. After 5 days I started calling her. I could not reach her. I left several messages over the next week and finally heard from a ‘Senior Care representative. She took the details again and said she would call me back in two days. She did not. After 3 I started calling her and leaving messages. I finally spoke with her after a few days and told her that I wanted to talk with someone higher up the chain than her. She said I could not speak with that person directly but she could. She said she would speak to him and then follow up with me within two business days. She did not.

I called her and left messages. I finally spoke to her yesterday and she had this follow up information for me: the Manager she spoke with said I had been offered a repair at the dealership that was adequate and I chose not to take it. Because of that and the fact that this is not a warranty issue it’s not a high priority for Buick and they would not release a part from production for the repair. The part is on backorder indefinitely. We’ve owned 7 Buicks in the course of our marriage as well as 5 Pontiacs and a few Chevys. We build vehicles for the emergency rescue vehicle market. I can not imagine delivering a message like that to any customer. Buick, I am so disappointed in you.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My 2015 Buick Encore's engine blew at 40,000 miles on Christmas eve. It is all under warranty. They're replacing the engine and that took a few weeks for the Buick dealer to get because there were problems getting the correct engine from GM. Then, when they installed it, it had a wrong part. The dealer had been trying to get that part from GM for weeks but no idea when they will get it. The dealer asked me to help by calling Buick Customer Service to escalate the problem of getting parts to the dealer.

I have left messages every other day for over a week now and twice requesting a Supervisor but I still haven't received a response from Buick. My car has been at the dealer a month and a half now, I have no car, no loaner, and still no response from Buick customer care. I recommend choosing a car made by a different company because what good is a warranty when they can't get parts to fix your car and nobody cares enough to return a phone call. Not a good company.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Replaced my very problematic 2014 Honda CR-V. Customer service at Buick was great purchasing this wonderful underrated vehicle. Love the styling, mpg, fit and finish is beautiful. Would highly recommend this vehicle.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I have a 2011 Buick Regal that I bought in 2013 with low miles. Transmission went out at 61,000 miles and the repair bill was $2800.00 plus rental car cost. Two months later it went out again and is now in the shop again for transmission failure. The previous work was guaranteed but they are having trouble fixing the problem and I have once again incurred rental expenses. The shop is well known and they state that Buick puts in cheap transmissions. I contacted Buick by email and got no response. So I will not be purchasing another Buick and would advise the same for you.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Paint is worn off in 4 spots on my 2017 Buick Enclave. Not stone chips, but 2 sections of paint missing. I have pictures of another Enclave in for service at the dealership that has paint missing in the same exact spots. Buick won't cover this, saying that it's because we drive it on a dirt road. So, buyer beware... If you live on or drive on a dirt road - BUICKS ARE NOT TO BE DRIVEN ON DIRT... DO NOT BUY ONE. (Our Chevy Cruze and 2 different GMC Acadias that had 75,000 miles on it never had any paint missing.)

Buick Company Information