2.73/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 19, 2018

366 Buick Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

Just purchased our 2015 Verano with 26k miles. After driving for a few days I noticed when it shifts into 2nd gear car shudders and shakes. No lemon law on used cars. We purchased this car from a Toyota dealer. As the story goes. AS IS. It has a warranty from Buick but I have a sick feeling this is not going to go well... 16k spent on the car and now I'm stuck taking it to hope it can be fixed. Meanwhile my reliable car is gone so now I'm going to have to rent a car... I will update when I find out what I'm told. Anyone else have a shake, shudder feeling when driving?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

We have a 2011 Buick Regal with 60,000 miles. Transmission went this summer. Got that fixed. Now the timing chain is broke. Because the timing chain broke the motor went. The car is an absolute lemon and we are told nothing is covered. I wish I knew how GM could get away with this.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I own a 2012 GMC Enclave and I have the same problem with the timing chain. The problem is not with the timing chain but rather with the motor. Every model of GMC auto that has this motor has the same problem. After several conversations with the executive customer service department I came to the conclusion that they will not acknowledge this problem unless we force them to. If everyone that has experienced this problem begin by writing unto their state consumer protection dept we can begin to put pressure on the company to acknowledge the problem. If this does not work then there are other steps we can take.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I purchased my 2012 Buick Verano when Buick introduced the new series in 2012. It was fairly loaded with many options and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed that car. However I did have several manufacturer issues. In the first 2 years I had to 1. Force dealership to replace windshield because there was literally a full hand print within the windshield (during manufacturing someone touched either the glass or the safety plastic that's inside before glass was finished or fused together. It was right in my line of sight. Dealership went round and round finally they admitted they could see the issue and agreed to replace under warranty.

2. Rear window replaced. A strip in the heating element stopped working. Dealership had nerve to ask me if I could live with it... REALLY?? It's unset warranty of course I want it replaced. The factory paint job was sub par. I didn't realize it at first but it became obvious quickly. The bottom part of rear wheel wells behind where you catch ask the runoff and splash from tires started fading right away. Hood, bumper, roof all chipped way too easily... Regardless of these things I loved the Verano. It was totaled in an accident in 2015. I immediately bought a 2015 Verano. This one was way better, loved the build in wifi/ 4G LTE. It also came with advanced safety features and improved touchscreen infotainment.

Only had 1 flaw that I didn't even realize. When I had it at a different dealership for oil change, I was going to buy touch up paint. The service manager was looking at my car and noticed few spots not quite right. Turned out after they flew someone from their GM headquarters out to Portland Oregon. He confirmed that my car was one of a select batch that had defective paint jobs. So they put me in a loaner for almost 3 weeks and my Verano had to be completely repainted. Since they contract that out, I was lucky enough to get a way better paint job than manufacturer. So as of just 2 months ago I finally got the car I always wanted but it's usually way too expensive for my taste lol.

I saw a 2014 Buick LaCrosse fully loaded and a premium pearl diamond paint job heads up display. This car was $47, 000 brand new. It was a one owner lease and had incredibly low miles on it. It still looked and smelled new. They were selling it for $21.000. I didn't hesitate I knew it wouldn't last long.. So far I'm in heaven with my LaCrosse. I really can't find anything wrong with it. It's powerful, very quiet, feels sporty as well as elegant and comfortable... FINGERS CROSSED! So, obviously I've had opportunity to change brands but I really do like Buick. I had never driven or owned one before 2012. Unless Buick introduces another great model I really want. I may most likely change to a different look and feel. I hope this helps anyone with questions or doubts.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I'm absolutely in love with my vehicle’s quality & performance. I've only had one problem due to my ignorance. I live in Northern Manitoba Canada. We experience extreme temperatures and I didn't allow the vehicle to run long enough to warm up. Thus resulting in the power steering hose to fail. I searched around for a garage that would fix it at a fraction of what the dealer would cost. Turns out the dealer had a better price and warranty. Despite new ownership, I received my customer loyalty price. I've replaced my tires and it's like driving a brand new Enclave. I've fell in love all over again. My first ever experience with Buick in all my years and I have nothing but good to say. I highly recommend 2013 Buick Enclave.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Buick?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

These cars should be took off the market. I paid 17000 for this 2009 Buick Lucerne, low mileage, but had not made 3 payments and this? Relay box burning, could catch vehicle on fire. I will not let my grandchildren ride in my car. Buick needs to take all of these vehicles off the road, and the car company they bought it from needs to offer them another vehicle so no one can be burnt up!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

2012 LaCrosse - Heating/Cooling issues on the driver side... i.e. air conditioning on in the car, heat blasting out of driver side. Touch screen no longer works. Clear coat has failed in several spots. I have detailed cars for 25 plus years and I keep my cars paint protected better than most and I have 6 locations on the bumper where the clear coat has peeled off, and now a new 2 inch piece of clear coat missing on the driver side front fender.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I bought a 2014 Buick Enclave. One of the most best rides, safest, great looking, affordable and best vehicle I have ever bought. I have had no problems with this vehicle, great service at dealership and overall satisfied with my choice.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I have a 2013 Buick Verano. The paint on the hood and roof is fading. It's Ebony Twilight Metallic. I love my Verano and plan keeping this car for a long time. Was wondering if anyone else is having this trouble or what can be done about it.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I own a 2013 Buick Verano. It is garaged and it only has 22.000 miles on it. The clear coat on the hood and roof is dingy and almost not shiny at all. I was in a parking lot the other day and took a pic of a Buick Verano with the same problem! Has anyone else complained about this?

Original review: July 23, 2017

Wrong head rests on Envision. Sales lady promised the Capital Buick in Edmonton could fix the problem. Now that we have signed the lease and have the vehicle she denies saying they could resolve the issue. The Envision is unsafe to drive, with the present head rests and we are stuck with a SUV that is extremely expensive. Paddy is wild with rage and is planning on taking the Envision back to Capital Buick and demanding they cancel the lease. We are considering a Mazda, as our friends recommend the SUV and the service people. Now I know why there are so few Buick on the streets.

Original review: July 20, 2017

We recently bought a 2017 Buick Encore and the first time it reached about 115 degrees my acceleration became nil. I'd press down from a stop light and the car would barely move (1000 miles on it then). Then coming home from work my wife was getting on the freeway, she pushed down, hardly did anything, had to "punch it". When she did it moved, but the AC turned off altogether. We contacted Buick about this problem (acceleration) and they said "put higher octane gas in it, it might solve the problem". REALLY!!! Come to find out after many phone calls that the Turbo in the Buick Encore can't take the higher temps and will hesitate badly when pushing down on the gas. They're "working on it" so they say.

I've even spoken with people in Detroit who say the Engineers are working to find a solution. Yet, they are still selling these cars without telling anyone of the consequences. I believe the Engineers and top Exec knew of this problem and just told the dealers to sell them anyway. We will never buy a Buick again. In closing let me say that many don't realize how many days over 100 degrees we have in AZ, NV, CA, TX and a few other states. Last year we had 99 days over 100 degrees. This year is expected to be more and yet even at 100 or 105 this car "acts up". The other thing many don't realize is that here in AZ like many other western states our humidity is only about 5-15% most of the time. That's extremely "Dry" and means that Sun is hotter. We don't have any moisture in the air to speak of. This is very telling on the cars and people. This is why Buick needs to DO SOMETHING NOW!!!

Original review: July 9, 2017

What a waste of cash paid out of pocket!!! LEMON LEMON LEMON!!! Future I will buy foreign! Just after purchase wheel bearing out - dealership replaced the part and new tires. Engine out before 60,000 miles-necessary towing from interstate. Trunk release had to be replaced... fixed with key chain. Transmission out before 80,000 miles- towing necessary broke down in parking garage. 3 windows would not work up or down- replaced. 4th window out- someone suggested replace door panel unit to operate windows which Buick knew was a problem rather than previously spent $400 per window.

AC problem - have constantly had to add Freon every season and now for second time since 2 months ago needs it again... LEMON!!! Bag of trouble! Now 104,000 miles from since I bought it and seals need to be replaced. I have to rent a car to drive any distance since afraid I will break down again! Not dependable at all!!! Women DO NOT BUY BUICK BECAUSE IT IS NOT RELIABLE!!! Contacted Buick 7 years ago but no response! Horrible experience and expensive to replace all these parts and towing!!! Attorney may contact me if you take it out of the winnings! Think still have original receipt... in SUV.

Original review: June 26, 2017

2017 Buick Enclave - 2nd Enclave we have owned. Has dangerous problems with blind spots. Almost "0" visibility on both sides. We had to add spot mirrors on side mirrors. The worst problem is with the Navigation system that Buick is aware of, but is not making any effort to correct. Nav sys will tell you to make a "U-turn" where there is no place to make a U-turn within 10 miles in the middle of the freeway. Used Nav Sys to get to an appointment, set it for our home address on the way home, told us to take a freeway going south instead of East--would have been in the middle of downtown Los Angeles had we followed the directions.

We have contacted Buick - about 3 weeks ago and requested that they buy the automobile back from us and let us get on with our lives. However, we have heard nothing from either GM or the dealer we bought the car from. WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER GM CAR AS LONG AS I LIVE! Will encourage everyone I know not to buy GM. It is unconscionable that they refuse to even talk with us!!! Dealers service person advised us that the Nav Sys is a problem with this model and there is no indication as to when or if they will have it resolved.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I will never purchase a General Motors vehicle again. Purchased this Buick 2013 LaCrosse Touring used with 25K miles. Has been in the shop 13 times since I purchased. GM will not replace or buy back the auto. All I have gotten from them is LIP Service. The car is a nice car, but the longevity of service is the pits. If you have ANY opportunity to purchase something other than a GM Car, you had better do it.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Why would a company install heated seats and not have a heated steering wheel. In winter, in Canada, a heated steering wheel would be preferable to heated seats. I would like to hear an explanation of why the arrangement is preferable.

Original review: April 18, 2017

I went from a Toyota to a Buick because I wanted to buy American. BIG MISTAKE. This Enclave Premium is going into the shop for the 2nd time in 800 miles The Toyota never went in for anything in 60000 miles

Original review: March 31, 2017

I purchased a Buick LaCrosse Flex Fuel vehicle and have been having issues with my fuel system since using E85 gas. I was told that I could use regular gas or E85 because it's Flex Fuel. I had my fuel pump replaced, had to have my fuel drained, lines cleaned and because of the E85 gas I used I'm still having issues. The dealership advised me not to use E85 again. GM has a bulletin out since Jan. 30, 2017 saying E85 is damaging these vehicles but REFUSED to help me when I filed a complaint. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM GM. They will not back up their product ESPECIALLY since this is a mistake on their part! I will be contacting legal help concerning this matter.

Original review: March 30, 2017

Buick commercials joke about the lines' new and sleek look but the appearance is no joke. My car is a showstopper and I love seeing it parked outside stores. It offers a wide variety of models, offering a good fit for any family looking for a bigger car or retirees looking for classy elegance. It has plenty of space for my bulky car seats and wider passengers! Good trunk space too. Car seat and groceries fit, a big win in this mom's book! Various upgrade and personalization options include sunroof and leather. You name it and you can get it in your new Buick. The extra touches show how Buick goes the extra mile for customers.

Original review: March 30, 2017

There are several different vehicle types and it made considering other options beneficial. I had never looked into crossovers before, and after looking at the model first hand, I was able to weigh the benefits. There were also many many upgrade and personalization options to choose from. I was able to customize the vehicle to my specific needs, and not have ones that were not ideal. The cars are sleek, modern, and stylish. They're also very ideal and comfortable. The designs weren't inconsiderate to my daily needs and uses. Having a child and expanding my family, the vehicles offered plenty of space for everyone to feel comfortable while we travel together.

Original review: March 29, 2017

I love the Encore and the convertible Cascada which is an awesome car but I'm sure its insurance will be really high. It has great handling that's both quiet and smooth. I love the color which is a beautiful chocolate brown and they have very sleek designs and styles, leather seating and are now more stylish instead of the older style bodies. I choose leather interior with heated seats, rear view camera, Sirius XM radio and as always, I absolutely had to have my OnStar. No exceptions!! The seats are extremely comfortable. Being that the ride is quiet, my passengers never have a complaint. Roomy, spacious and plenty of seating for me and the kids.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I liked my car and I recommend this style. It holds six people very comfortably. It has two door with nice car seats, seatbelt, nice stereo, compact, gas saver and great motor. Buick also has very modern cars in variety of colors. They are always coming out with new styles.

Original review: March 27, 2017

The Buick Skylark is like a sedan and sports car blend. Buick has been in business for many decades. I myself prefer the classic Buicks however the new styles are just as elegant. Buicks are conservatory priced and easily outclass more expensive car manufacturers. Buicks are classic sedans. The Skylark is a 2 door hard body sedan and is fast as a rocket on 4 wheels. For the passenger’s capacity, there are six seatbelts but you better hope everyone is very, very thin otherwise the driver will not have any elbow space to turn the steering wheel without breaking the ribs of whoever is unlucky enough to be riding in the front center seat. I would definitely recommend Buick to my children and grandchildren.

Original review: March 26, 2017

Buick is very reliable. I have been very happy with the cars I've owned, looking into buying a new vehicle very soon like a Volkswagen Jetta or any Sedan or a SUV. I love the Volkswagen Jetta appearance throughout the years. It's always been a very adorable car and its features have been getting better with the years. They offer a lot of features with the new vehicle. It does get pricey but honestly it's cheaper than most brand new vehicles out there and they are very reliable cars. They are very comfortable and spacious. They are differentially the type of luxury I'm looking for. Besides, a SUV would be more room for everyone in my house.

Original review: March 25, 2017

Buick comes pretty much standard with all that comes on ANY new car in this day and age. Electronic locks and windows, sleek, almost space time looking, nice four tires and rims, four-door sedan model with boot assist trunk for when your hands are full, looks incredible and we love it. There was plenty of room for 3 adults in back or 2 full-size car seats or boosters plus room in the middle for a third passenger.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I liked my Buick. They offer a vast variety of cars, I had a hard time choosing between a Buick LaCrosse and a Buick LeSabre. I ended up getting the LeSabre. My Buick LeSabre was red with red interior wood panelling on the dash with a wood steering wheel. It was an automatic and it drove smoothly. My Buick LeSabre had seating for six, three in the back seat and three in the front seat. There was bench seats in it and it sat each of my family members comfortably. I choose to upgrade the radio to a CD player, windows to power windows and locks to power locks upgraded to anti-lock brakes.

Original review: March 24, 2017

Buick does not have too many models, which might be a good thing, since you don't get confused. And the models cover most of what you really need. It was white and actually the biggest car I have ever driven. The interior is pretty roomy with three sets of safe belt in front seat, so I guess it can take three people. Never seen this in other cars. It is a sedan holding six people. This is the only car I have seen with such high capacity. Although maybe you need some pretty slim passengers.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Buick makes luxury sedans, suvs, and other vehicles. They are top of the line and I was very satisfied with my purchase. The car I own is an suv that has performed very well over the few years I have owned it. They offer automatic transmission, keyless entry, and push to start. I enjoyed their other features as well, such as power reclining seats and leather seats. You can purchase leather seating, and much more. I bought the 4G LTE Wifi which I use for business. It is very reliable and worth the extra money. They offer plenty of room and many ways to make extra space for added passengers. My sedan is very roomy and has no issues as far as space goes.

Original review: March 23, 2017

I really enjoyed all of the variety of cars that were available to me. Not only are there different companies of cars but Buick always seemed right. They have many kinds of cars that will fit any different lifestyle. I'm always amazed how many compliments I get on my Buick. It looks so snappy and elegant. I like all of the features like the sunroof and the seat warming because it makes me feel superior. It was really great that I was able to choose what I wanted from the car. I am planning on having a bigish family. I wanted to have enough room in my new car to be able to grow into. And I think that Buick's passenger capacity is just right for me.

Original review: March 23, 2017

From color to design, each one is a little bit different which made it hard to choose. But I finally did and I love my choice. Buick offers many options from window tint to wheels and rims. There is protective coat on the paint and special stuff to prevent stains inside. It is roomy, has good gas mileage, nice interior and I love the storage area. There is enough room for the whole family as well as baggage and stroller. It is able to fit 7 people total. It’s amazing because I have two kids and I am married so I can also take other kids with me if needed and have plenty of room without squishing people.

Buick Company Information