2.76/5
Based on 278 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

381 Buick Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

Within two years of owning this vehicle (2014 Buick Verano) we noticed what appeared to be paint looking dull on the hood, roof and trunk lid. The change was gradual and now there is no top coat left - did anyone else experience this with their Buicks? Our car is black. We do not live near the ocean.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Rented this car as an upgrade and drove it 250 miles through the mountain like road of Route 17, a twisting drive at 35 to 55 mph as well as in less challenging terrain. I already own two and was amazed at the difference. Handling not great but easy driving on hwy trips. It had electronic shut off at stops, a really smooth ride, quiet, great power at all times but the price at about $50 brand new makes you wonder how it got that high. There are so many buttons on every surface. A driver should take a ten hour course to get ready to try driving it. Had some, a lot, of trouble changing into reverse and solved it by simply parking always where I could get out in drive. Mileage... unbelievable 250 miles and $32 at $4 bucks a gallon. Rich? Get one but old? Take a class. I like mine with same engine but stiffer road and a cost of about $7 grand per car vs $50 grand. Enterprise is the rental agent and they were really reliable...not Hertz which I will review separately.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2018

My full review of this 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir is yet to be made as I've only had it for a few weeks. However, to say I'm completely satisfied out of the box that answer is a big "NO". All the technology on this car can be quite confusing and to make that point try and call the OnStar service to find out about those things that are not clear in the manual and they'll put you on hold to go look in the manual. Really, their support people are poorly trained and somewhat useless when you call. No auto rain sensing windshield wipers which even the salesperson didn't know as he tried to convince me that we had them after I'd called and had to turn them on and off in a rainstorm we'd driven through.

Connect 10 Bluetooth devices including your phone yet if you're using another device other than your phone, then your phone won't answer through the car. Hands free on the phone is one of the most important features a car can have for obvious safety reasons. I'm still working out what I like and dislike about the car but with a car that costs you over $60,000 you'd expect the simple things to be there and to work. On one last thing with Onstar, not sure whether they outsource it or not as have talked to a few who I can't even understand other than not being able to answer simple questions. It's a comfortable ride, quiet and great space when third row seats down but many other cars have that and the above problems not there. Just a bit disappointed.

Original review: May 28, 2018

First of all the six cylinder engine in this car is killing my pockets, it eats gas like you would never believe. When turning the steering wheel all the way it cracks as if something's going to break, the door slam loud noise like cheap car. When car door is open there's no signal lighting to let oncoming cars know that your door is open, transmission stays in same gear too long before changing to second gear. Very cheaply made luxury car. Not worth the money. No way. I'm getting paint chips in front and sides of this car, I'm leasing this car and I wish that I never got involved with this particular car 2017 Buick Enclave. Bad deal. Very bad deal, also when you first pull the car out it sounds like something's loose or mud flapping from the tires, I don't know what that's all about but like I said very cheap luxury car. They really ** up this one. I really want to get out of this lease right now if possible.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Initially you would be blown away. It's so luxurious and comfy inside. Great features. Seems high end. STOP! Don't let that fool you like it did me. Don't believe my review. Just google complaints with Buick Enclaves and thousands of consumers have the same complaints as me. The transmission and powertrain needed to be replaced. Was stuck on highway out of town several times with transmission, powertrain, and StabiliTrak problems. The SUV decelerated to less than 10mph many times on the road... DANGEROUS. That check engine light stayed on. I took it to many many mechanics who could not fix it. Buick wants you to pay to just replace the whole thing... thousands of dollars. If I didn't have an initial extended warranty I would've been out $3k when it 1st happened on natl highway.

The wave plate needed to be replaced then. The valves and hoses constantly break and leak and need replacing. I have spent thousands out of pocket as a teacher and single momma. This car is a money pit! Beautiful, spacious. Comfy, but you will never be able to relax! Passenger airbag light is on and rear backup alert is on. The airbag alone in a passenger seat 800. For what you pay for the luxury car, you might as well drive a cheap car that gives you no problems. GMC won't recall these terrible engine and transmission problems either though they know about it and many consumers complain about it. Rip off. They should spank themselves! They deserve 1 star.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Buick?

Original review: May 2, 2018

Bought my Buick used with over 100,000 miles on the odometer. It had tires and brakes replaced. Have only replaced one rear wheel bearing, other than routine service since. Has been a very good car.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I have a 2001 Buick Regal and is okay but it have its kinks. Not worth the money and need to be cheaper. Have dashboard gas gauge don’t work. On many it don’t work. Mileage display goes out on most of seen. Hard to fix the issue without getting charge a high mechanic bill.

Original review: April 29, 2018

After buying Buick for many, many years, I bought a Honda - I hated it. It was like driving in a tin can. After one year, I sold it and went back to a Buick - it was a costly mistake.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I have a 2002 Buick LeSabre and it looks as good today and drives like new despite being 16 years old! It one of the cars that is considered as a "do not die" vehicle!

Original review: April 27, 2018

Although 2016 Buick Encore is a small 4 cylinder, it has plenty of power. Enough to get in and out of traffic, fantastic gas mileage. It has a great back up camera, blind spot alert, all wheel drive, Bluetooth, Pandora, etc. Can sign up for OnStar services too. I'm pleased with mine.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Buick Envision has great vision of the road. Safety features, comfortable to drive, electronic capabilities and quiet when running. Leather is great quality too.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Buick Envision Essence - The perfect size SUV, 4 cylinder so not so peppy. Great gas mileage 28.7 both city and highway combined for my first 15k. Roomy particularly the back seat. Have taken long trips with adult backseat passengers. Also love the blind spot warnings and the complete sunroof. Pricey though. My sticker was 40,543 but bot 15% off. Made in China. Not that many on the road.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I really like this car and hardly any problems with it. It's my second Buick LaCrosse I have had and it has been a real good car for me. Lots of room, safe on the road and childproof locks in Windows.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Just purchased our 2015 Verano with 26k miles. After driving for a few days I noticed when it shifts into 2nd gear car shudders and shakes. No lemon law on used cars. We purchased this car from a Toyota dealer. As the story goes. AS IS. It has a warranty from Buick but I have a sick feeling this is not going to go well... 16k spent on the car and now I'm stuck taking it to hope it can be fixed. Meanwhile my reliable car is gone so now I'm going to have to rent a car... I will update when I find out what I'm told. Anyone else have a shake, shudder feeling when driving?

Original review: April 18, 2018

The 2007 Buick Lucerne is not much of a car but it rides nice. Has given me very few problems but gets good gas mileage and is great for long trips.

Original review: April 17, 2018

The Buick Enclave for my family of six has given me nothing but problems. My check engine light would stay on majority of the time. It use to sound like something up under the vehicle was loose because it would rattle really badly. Whenever you started the truck up, it would make a loud roaring sound and grinding when making a left hand turn. My heat/air went out. All of the warning signals began lighting up. My front driver tire would always go low; but I was told by the dealership that the passenger back tire sensor needed to be replaced. The list goes on and on, but now it has been inoperable and parked in front of my garage since May 4, 2017.

I had just got the vehicle used from a car lot; that had just purchased it from the dealership next door to them that morning. The downside was that it was purchased AS IS and with no extended warranty. The worst part is that it was purchased to replace a car that I had just lost, due to a total loss of being in an accident where I was not the at fault driver. I went months without a vehicle after being forced to turn in the rental.

Now, my family has to endure being without a running vehicle now for almost a year. It is extremely unethical on GM's part because they were already aware of many of their plethora of models/years before they even started. Now, my family has been going in debt to pay for a vehicle that we cannot drive. I have been forced to turn down temp jobs because the strain of lack of multiple public transit routes not coinciding with job schedules. Most people in social media groups have been bragging about at last getting rid of their money pit vehicles. I wish that was even an option for me. However, if I was even able to afford to get it fixed, I would still be taking a major loss with the $4000 that I put down plus the loan payments that we are currently still making in addition to when I was still making full coverage insurance payments. That could have been going towards the loan payments, repairs, or even another vehicle.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

We have a 2011 Buick Regal with 60,000 miles. Transmission went this summer. Got that fixed. Now the timing chain is broke. Because the timing chain broke the motor went. The car is an absolute lemon and we are told nothing is covered. I wish I knew how GM could get away with this.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I own a 2012 GMC Enclave and I have the same problem with the timing chain. The problem is not with the timing chain but rather with the motor. Every model of GMC auto that has this motor has the same problem. After several conversations with the executive customer service department I came to the conclusion that they will not acknowledge this problem unless we force them to. If everyone that has experienced this problem begin by writing unto their state consumer protection dept we can begin to put pressure on the company to acknowledge the problem. If this does not work then there are other steps we can take.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I purchased my 2012 Buick Verano when Buick introduced the new series in 2012. It was fairly loaded with many options and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed that car. However I did have several manufacturer issues. In the first 2 years I had to 1. Force dealership to replace windshield because there was literally a full hand print within the windshield (during manufacturing someone touched either the glass or the safety plastic that's inside before glass was finished or fused together. It was right in my line of sight. Dealership went round and round finally they admitted they could see the issue and agreed to replace under warranty.

2. Rear window replaced. A strip in the heating element stopped working. Dealership had nerve to ask me if I could live with it... REALLY?? It's unset warranty of course I want it replaced. The factory paint job was sub par. I didn't realize it at first but it became obvious quickly. The bottom part of rear wheel wells behind where you catch ask the runoff and splash from tires started fading right away. Hood, bumper, roof all chipped way too easily... Regardless of these things I loved the Verano. It was totaled in an accident in 2015. I immediately bought a 2015 Verano. This one was way better, loved the build in wifi/ 4G LTE. It also came with advanced safety features and improved touchscreen infotainment.

Only had 1 flaw that I didn't even realize. When I had it at a different dealership for oil change, I was going to buy touch up paint. The service manager was looking at my car and noticed few spots not quite right. Turned out after they flew someone from their GM headquarters out to Portland Oregon. He confirmed that my car was one of a select batch that had defective paint jobs. So they put me in a loaner for almost 3 weeks and my Verano had to be completely repainted. Since they contract that out, I was lucky enough to get a way better paint job than manufacturer. So as of just 2 months ago I finally got the car I always wanted but it's usually way too expensive for my taste lol.

I saw a 2014 Buick LaCrosse fully loaded and a premium pearl diamond paint job heads up display. This car was $47, 000 brand new. It was a one owner lease and had incredibly low miles on it. It still looked and smelled new. They were selling it for $21.000. I didn't hesitate I knew it wouldn't last long.. So far I'm in heaven with my LaCrosse. I really can't find anything wrong with it. It's powerful, very quiet, feels sporty as well as elegant and comfortable... FINGERS CROSSED! So, obviously I've had opportunity to change brands but I really do like Buick. I had never driven or owned one before 2012. Unless Buick introduces another great model I really want. I may most likely change to a different look and feel. I hope this helps anyone with questions or doubts.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I'm absolutely in love with my vehicle’s quality & performance. I've only had one problem due to my ignorance. I live in Northern Manitoba Canada. We experience extreme temperatures and I didn't allow the vehicle to run long enough to warm up. Thus resulting in the power steering hose to fail. I searched around for a garage that would fix it at a fraction of what the dealer would cost. Turns out the dealer had a better price and warranty. Despite new ownership, I received my customer loyalty price. I've replaced my tires and it's like driving a brand new Enclave. I've fell in love all over again. My first ever experience with Buick in all my years and I have nothing but good to say. I highly recommend 2013 Buick Enclave.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

These cars should be took off the market. I paid 17000 for this 2009 Buick Lucerne, low mileage, but had not made 3 payments and this? Relay box burning, could catch vehicle on fire. I will not let my grandchildren ride in my car. Buick needs to take all of these vehicles off the road, and the car company they bought it from needs to offer them another vehicle so no one can be burnt up!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

2012 LaCrosse - Heating/Cooling issues on the driver side... i.e. air conditioning on in the car, heat blasting out of driver side. Touch screen no longer works. Clear coat has failed in several spots. I have detailed cars for 25 plus years and I keep my cars paint protected better than most and I have 6 locations on the bumper where the clear coat has peeled off, and now a new 2 inch piece of clear coat missing on the driver side front fender.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I bought a 2014 Buick Enclave. One of the most best rides, safest, great looking, affordable and best vehicle I have ever bought. I have had no problems with this vehicle, great service at dealership and overall satisfied with my choice.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I have a 2013 Buick Verano. The paint on the hood and roof is fading. It's Ebony Twilight Metallic. I love my Verano and plan keeping this car for a long time. Was wondering if anyone else is having this trouble or what can be done about it.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I own a 2013 Buick Verano. It is garaged and it only has 22.000 miles on it. The clear coat on the hood and roof is dingy and almost not shiny at all. I was in a parking lot the other day and took a pic of a Buick Verano with the same problem! Has anyone else complained about this?

Original review: July 23, 2017

Wrong head rests on Envision. Sales lady promised the Capital Buick in Edmonton could fix the problem. Now that we have signed the lease and have the vehicle she denies saying they could resolve the issue. The Envision is unsafe to drive, with the present head rests and we are stuck with a SUV that is extremely expensive. Paddy is wild with rage and is planning on taking the Envision back to Capital Buick and demanding they cancel the lease. We are considering a Mazda, as our friends recommend the SUV and the service people. Now I know why there are so few Buick on the streets.

Original review: July 20, 2017

We recently bought a 2017 Buick Encore and the first time it reached about 115 degrees my acceleration became nil. I'd press down from a stop light and the car would barely move (1000 miles on it then). Then coming home from work my wife was getting on the freeway, she pushed down, hardly did anything, had to "punch it". When she did it moved, but the AC turned off altogether. We contacted Buick about this problem (acceleration) and they said "put higher octane gas in it, it might solve the problem". REALLY!!! Come to find out after many phone calls that the Turbo in the Buick Encore can't take the higher temps and will hesitate badly when pushing down on the gas. They're "working on it" so they say.

I've even spoken with people in Detroit who say the Engineers are working to find a solution. Yet, they are still selling these cars without telling anyone of the consequences. I believe the Engineers and top Exec knew of this problem and just told the dealers to sell them anyway. We will never buy a Buick again. In closing let me say that many don't realize how many days over 100 degrees we have in AZ, NV, CA, TX and a few other states. Last year we had 99 days over 100 degrees. This year is expected to be more and yet even at 100 or 105 this car "acts up". The other thing many don't realize is that here in AZ like many other western states our humidity is only about 5-15% most of the time. That's extremely "Dry" and means that Sun is hotter. We don't have any moisture in the air to speak of. This is very telling on the cars and people. This is why Buick needs to DO SOMETHING NOW!!!

Original review: July 9, 2017

What a waste of cash paid out of pocket!!! LEMON LEMON LEMON!!! Future I will buy foreign! Just after purchase wheel bearing out - dealership replaced the part and new tires. Engine out before 60,000 miles-necessary towing from interstate. Trunk release had to be replaced... fixed with key chain. Transmission out before 80,000 miles- towing necessary broke down in parking garage. 3 windows would not work up or down- replaced. 4th window out- someone suggested replace door panel unit to operate windows which Buick knew was a problem rather than previously spent $400 per window.

AC problem - have constantly had to add Freon every season and now for second time since 2 months ago needs it again... LEMON!!! Bag of trouble! Now 104,000 miles from since I bought it and seals need to be replaced. I have to rent a car to drive any distance since afraid I will break down again! Not dependable at all!!! Women DO NOT BUY BUICK BECAUSE IT IS NOT RELIABLE!!! Contacted Buick 7 years ago but no response! Horrible experience and expensive to replace all these parts and towing!!! Attorney may contact me if you take it out of the winnings! Think still have original receipt... in SUV.

Original review: June 26, 2017

2017 Buick Enclave - 2nd Enclave we have owned. Has dangerous problems with blind spots. Almost "0" visibility on both sides. We had to add spot mirrors on side mirrors. The worst problem is with the Navigation system that Buick is aware of, but is not making any effort to correct. Nav sys will tell you to make a "U-turn" where there is no place to make a U-turn within 10 miles in the middle of the freeway. Used Nav Sys to get to an appointment, set it for our home address on the way home, told us to take a freeway going south instead of East--would have been in the middle of downtown Los Angeles had we followed the directions.

We have contacted Buick - about 3 weeks ago and requested that they buy the automobile back from us and let us get on with our lives. However, we have heard nothing from either GM or the dealer we bought the car from. WILL NEVER OWN ANOTHER GM CAR AS LONG AS I LIVE! Will encourage everyone I know not to buy GM. It is unconscionable that they refuse to even talk with us!!! Dealers service person advised us that the Nav Sys is a problem with this model and there is no indication as to when or if they will have it resolved.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I will never purchase a General Motors vehicle again. Purchased this Buick 2013 LaCrosse Touring used with 25K miles. Has been in the shop 13 times since I purchased. GM will not replace or buy back the auto. All I have gotten from them is LIP Service. The car is a nice car, but the longevity of service is the pits. If you have ANY opportunity to purchase something other than a GM Car, you had better do it.

Buick Company Information