2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

3.9/5 (741 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Buick

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Buick Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Buick?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Buick?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I purchased my 2021 Buick Encore on 7/29/21 with only a few miles on it. In less than 2 months, I have paint chipping off the hood of the vehicle. I went to the dealership who said that it must be rocks or maybe I hit something. I drove the same route to and from work for the last 3 years in my previous vehicle, a BMW 328i and never had problems like this. Also the last area that has begun chipping off started after the Encore was washed and while I was wiping the water off with a soft towel. The paint just began chipping off. The dealership stated to me on 9/22/21 that they weren't sure if it would be covered under the warranty. Unbelievable! I chose to purchase a GM product due to my dad being a retired GM employee and my sister a 36-year employee of GM. If they do not do something about this issue, I will never purchase another GM product.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I purchased a brand new 2021 Buick Encore GX AWD just back in February 27th, 2021 with 12 miles on it at signing. As of May 14th, 2021 it has been at the Belleville, IL Cardinal Buick dealership shop due to a check engine light that occurred that day. After 5 days they've yet to call me to tell me what's going on nor how long it will take to fix or replace. I only drove 960 miles and filled the tank twice since I got it. The car upon starting made a rumbly sound shaking the left side of the car violently and the check engine light went on immediately after. Not to mention the car was sounding like a 20 year old car a few weeks prior to that but no light ever went on for that reason. I never even had that car running above 3,000rpm so it's not like I was abusing it.

I figure it was just because it's a 3 cylinder. It sounds like a rattling can after starting it. Way too loud for a new car. I noticed there was a bolt missing on the turbo block which when I checked to see if anything liquid was leaking under the hood from the rumble. The shocks and struts are terrible, too. You go over a slight asphalt repair in the road at 10 miles per hour and you're glad you got a seat belt on. Imagine what it's like on the highway. They also sold me one with a flawed paint job with poorly done spot touch ups. There's a huge scratch that looks like some moron scratched it with a key or snow scrapper by the driver-side rear window and a huge notch by the hood like a mechanic dropped a tool on it. Why a mechanic would be under the hood of an unpurchased car with 12 miles on it is something to wonder. Makes me think some previous test driver messed it up and they tried to fix it.

I didn't see any of this when I test drove it due to the dealership holding us hostage there for 8 hours with our credit credentials. By the time we actually got to test drive, it was already getting dark. This is a common theme for this dealership I later found out. I asked if they could give me a replacement when I took it in to have it looked at and they said they can't because it's already financed. Translation: "We know we sold you trash, that we tried to mask a previously damaged car as new that we failed to report to carfax or authorities, and we're not taking it back because that admits guilt and we can be legally liable and subject to possible civil or criminal charges punishable by fines or imprisonment". They didn't even give me a loaner car while it's being in their shop.

I'm stuck paying $25,000 on this overpriced garbage thanks to the useless Lemon Law of Illinois because it has to break a certain number of times in a 12 month period. New cars shouldn't be failing at all...period. If it breaks early on that means somebody at the factory didn't do something right and there's obviously more problems lying in wait soon due to lack of quality control. I don't want it back. I only made two payments on it and it failed. I don't trust any of their products or dealerships now. Maybe I can sell it to an art museum if I'm stuck with it. "Experience Buick...The Trash of the Future...Today" now showing at the St. Louis Art Museum.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2021

For the past 8 months, I have only been able to drive my Buick for 2 weeks at a time without having serious issues. The engine light will come on and I get the following error messages: reduced engine power, max speed 32 mph, traction control off, service StabiliTrak. The first time this happened, I was on the interstate driving 75 mph! Since the end of July, I have had my car in for service multiple times at several different service centers. It has now been at Todd Wenzel Dealership in Davison, MI since January 6th (today is March 22nd), with no diagnosis. Today I was told they cannot diagnose it until the vehicle gets worse and that I should drive it until another symptom develops! They said since they cannot replicate the problem, they don't deem the car unsafe to drive.

I have kept records that detail the issues I have been having and the attempts that have been made to fix it. If I did not still owe $12,000 I would have gotten rid of this car by now. I have been told: "Total customer satisfaction is important at Buick." If this is truly the case, then Buick/GM should step up and make this right: either figure out the problem and fix it, or give me a replacement vehicle worth what I still owe. This is just not ok and I am at my wit's end.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I purchased a 2019 Buick Enclave $32,000 in March 2020. My vehicle has now been in the shop for 5 months with airbag problems and Buick can not give me a date of when the part will be shipped and my car repaired. Every week the advisor said she can not give a date and no updates. I have only driven my new car for four months, I'm still making the high payments, paying the insurance etc. I ask them to buy the car back and they refused. I would never recommend Buick and they do not care about their customers.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I bought my car a year ago. Both interior door panels on right side are damaged. They said they would order them and replace both. I have literally called them every month and there’s some excuse! I still have never gotten a follow up call from anyone! All the managers in all departments know me because of how many times I’ve been in. Now my engine light has been on 3 days! I’ve left 7 messages between my service guy and his manager. I need to make service appt. No one will call me back! It’s horrible service. I asked to please let me know even if they are too full to fit me in. They just ignore me. Maybe I’m being too nice??? I would never buy a Buick again!!!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

My car ran fine from 2016-2019 - I barely drove it. It had 40,000 miles on it after 3 years and since I take the train to work and the car was inexpensive and seemed to run well, I figured why not take over the lease. As soon as I did, the turbo boost failed. So I brought it to the dealership and they fixed it. When I got it back, the ENGINE EXPLODED. After having it towed to the dealership, they told me that it was irreparable. When I asked Buick for help, they said that there was sludge in the engine which must mean I never changed the oil, which is patent nonsense – how would I pass inspection three years in a row with an unmaintained vehicle? Not to mention I had my service station pull receipts from as many oil changes they could find (7) and sent those as proof but they replied "those were written in pencil and so are not valid." That is nonsense.

But even still, I dug deeper and found another receipt, an original carbon copy on the yellow paper, typed out. They just ignored that, as they also ignored the OnStar system report showing a robust maintenance history with oil changes at about every 5000 miles. No matter. They closed the case. I still owe $15,000 to GM Financing. Why do they think I'm going to pay it? I will get justice and have my credit repaired despite their evil tampering. And I will sue for damages too. And I've started a Facebook Group for other people who have had problems with (what I've come to learn) their notoriously awful, neglectful, careless, thoughtless, ignorant, unjust, and bullying "customer service." This company should be gutted and replaced with a newer generation of younger executives who understand today's customer as well as the power of social media.**

Original review: March 5, 2020

Have made multiple contacts to Buick Customer Assistance Center with no resolution. I sent a certified letter with pictures of safety issue with Buick Regal seat belt. No one contacted me even though they signed for the letter. I made numerous calls to them with continuous run around on their part. I have already had to have part of the seat belt replaced once and it is still something wrong with it. You would think they would care about safety issue but it is apparent they don't care. They just tell me to take the car back to the dealership and wait. I like my car overall but after the lack of care from the Customer Assistance Center, have second thoughts. I am not asking them to fix the radio or an optional feature. It is a law to wear seat belt while driving motor vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Let me start by saying that up until now I have enjoyed my Enclave, and was looking forward to buying a newer model but after today I will never buy a Buick again. I got in my car Christmas Eve to go to work and found my headlight pointing down only casting light 10 feet in front of the vehicle. I called the dealership and made an appointment only to find out the entire headlight assembly needs to be replaced at a cost of $1753.00 that’s right almost 2 thousand dollars for one headlight, so I called corporate saying in so many words, "Sorry you're on your own."

You would think that a part as expensive as a new transmission might have the warranty cover such a ridiculously expensive part as long as the drivetrain. Alas no. So of course not knowing if the other one is going to go in six months I would not in good conscience ever recommend buying this vehicle due to the cost of just maintaining it’s drivability. Save your money buy the Acura with more power and reliability just for your own peace of mind when a headlight on the vehicle can put you in the poor house.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

In the 3 years I have owned my Encore I have not had one problem. Great size, easy to handle, stable on the highway and easy to park. It is also practical because you can lower the back seats to carry large items. The back door allows for easy access to the cargo area.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

My Buick Lucerne is a great car. Large enough, sturdy, much better on gas than I anticipated, and a very comfortable ride. It's actually a 2006 that had decent mileage and a great price when I bought it. It had been years since I had driven a Buick and now I remember why I always liked them.

Buick Company Information