3.66/5
Based on 42 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

399 Buick Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 16, 2018

I purchase my 2017 Buick Verano April 29, 2017 from Hanlee Hilltop Buick in Richmond, CA. The vehicle had under 40 miles on it when I purchase, so I felt that it was a brand new vehicle and with the deal it was great. My problems with the vehicle started in August 2017. I went out to start my vehicle one morning and it would not turn over. All my lights and radio came on when I turned the key. I called roadside service to give me a jump start and the vehicle turned over. I took the vehicle back to the dealership to get looked at and the mechanic stated that nothing wrong with the vehicle. The vehicle started up and I drove off. After that incident my vehicle start acting up again on November 23, 2017.

This time the vehicle wouldn't arm and I had to lock it from the inside. November 24, 2017 the vehicle wouldn't start again. So my vehicle was towed to Lehmer's Concord Buick since they're closer to me. Concord stated that they checked my vehicle thoroughly and they couldn't find anything wrong with the vehicle. December 13, 2017 my vehicle would not start, Buick roadside came out and jumpstart my vehicle. So as of right now I'm fed up, I'm having more problems with this brand new vehicle. The mechanic specialist at the dealership cannot find the issue. Buick roadside service had to come out multiple times to jumpstart my vehicle or tow. Also my neighbors or family members would jump my vehicle.

The service department ask me all the time, are you leaving anything on in the vehicle? No, I'm not. If I was, it's a new vehicle why is it shutting down. I had problem in Feb. 2018, end up getting an jump from a neighbor. My vehicle is still under warranty and I'm afraid that they going find whatever is wrong with the vehicle after my warranty has expire. The wouldn't start on June 10, 2018 at a family event after the vehicle sat for five hours. I had to get a jump from a family member. Again, on June 16, 2018 went out to the vehicle after shopping with my daughter for a couple hours and the vehicle wouldn't start. I took the vehicle to Buick on June 18, 2018. They again look at my vehicle thoroughly and reset some things. Vehicle was running good for almost a month.

July 13, 2018 about 1140 pm I was leaving an event went to start my vehicle and it wouldn't start. I sat on OnStar for three in half hours to try to get someone to tow the vehicle to Buick in Richmond or Concord. I end in Richmond around 430 am on Saturday and had to catch Uber from Richmond to Antioch. My vehicle was left on the streets cause Buick didn't have no open drop off location with a situation like this nor a drop box for keys. I went back to the dealership Saturday morning about 9 am. I was told that it's nothing they can do to my car until Thursday or Friday of the following week. My vehicle would have to stay on the street until Monday morning. As of today I'm trying to use the Buick roadside assist to tow my vehicle from the Buick in Richmond to Concord.

That's hassle, I spoke with a young man at Buick roadside and he stated that someone will give me a call within four hours due to my situation. No callback! I called this morning and received a little help, still waiting for the call back about my tow from Richmond to Concord. I'm going have to take further action, cause I know Buick most likely not going to let me out of the contract. THIS VEHICLE IS A LEMON!!!

Original review: June 28, 2018

The 2003 Buick Century was originally purchased by my mother in 2007. I inherited the car in 2010. At the time the car was purchased, my mother needed a car that was easy to get in and out of with limited mobility. It has been reliable, comfortable transportation for 9 years. The bench front seat has been especially welcome when driving with two small dogs. I've never owned an American car that has lasted so long. However, there is a switch for the heater and air conditioner that corrodes from condensation. The entire dashboard needed to be removed to replace it. They should make something like that easier to access for repairs.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I like the look and feel of the Buick Rendezvous. It was in a price range that I could afford. I think it was a good choice and it's very comparable other models but I do like a lot of the features that this car has. I have a fairly large family and the Rendezvous offered the space that we needed to travel comfortably. With 3 kids space is important. One important feature that I like is it easily accessible for my husband and I to use because he's taller than I am and the seats are just comfortably for both of us. I think I would have preferred 3 row seating instead of two and for some reason by Side mirrors seem to be bigger than most cars. The body of it is big and I prefer it to be a little smaller. But other than that I'm very happy with the purchase.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I really love the car. The gas mileage is the absolute best. The absolute great dynamics of the whole car is my overall experience with the car model. It is the best car I have ever purchased and I plan on purchasing the same type of car next time.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I love my Buick. It has all luxury feature and bells and whistles. I love my back up camera. The color and spaces is amazing, too. Plus having the automatic start in it is even better, especially in the winter months, as well as heated seats. Plus the second row bucket seats too. However, I wish it came with a DVD player and sunroom. Still, I would highly recommend the Buick Enclave to other people. My experience was a great one. It's a nice luxury spacious SUV.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Buick?

Original review: June 25, 2018

The Buick Rendevous is very dependable, durable, and comfortable for long car journeys. The car is very roomy with lots of space to not feel claustrophobic. In addition there are plenty of seats, vents for air, and windows to individually control. All the electronics work and function for my needs with nothing I don't know how to use. However, I'm not a huge fan of the blind spots in the car as I'm sure design wise could have been avoided a bit more. I also wish that the car would have more cup holders in it. I believe there are only 2 for a car that is able to seat up to 5. Lastly, I wish my model had a truck door that could open and close on its own so putting bags and groceries in the car would be easier. Other than that, I like the size of the car being bigger to be able to carry lots of things and match equal in size to other cars on the road. I liked the fact that for a bigger SUV, this car gets great gas mileage as I drive long distances often.

Original review: June 24, 2018

It has been very reliable overall for the most part, and has served me quite well since the initial purchase. The 2016 Buick Verano is quite comfortable and quiet, though it could benefit from more accessible power in the middle part of the RPM range, where it gets a little bit "boggy."

Original review: June 23, 2018

My 2005 Buick Rainier is an older car, but has not given us any problems. It has been very reliable and the only things we have had to do are just considered regular maintenance. I like the leather seats and the wood details such as the steering wheel. I love the amount of space in the back as well as the dual climate control. The only features I would add are a sun/moon roof and maybe a DVD player for the back for long trips. Other than that, I just love the entire look of the car and it is also a very smooth ride.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I've only owned one car my whole life and I loved this car. It was a 1983 Buick Riviera and it was definitely a luxury vehicle. It looked good, it drove well, it had power, and it definitely was a style statement. I like the air shocks, the extra insulation in the passenger compartment to reduce the road noise, and the engine. It was and still is one of the classiest vehicles on the road. Definitely my dream car and if I could find another one I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Car's been a brilliant car. Was great on gas mileage. Smooth ride and is the older model Buick Century. Have had a lot of Buicks in the day and they've all held up great. And they've all been great cars. They are built safe back then and that is what else I like. Its been a real durable car. Deer have ran in it a few times and been fixed and still keeps going. Lots of room to haul passengers and room to haul groceries too.

Original review: June 21, 2018

My Buick LeSabre has been a stable car. In the past couple of years that I have owned it, I have purchased a brake line, 2 new tires, 2 front end ball-joints, brand new radiator and oil changes. It is comfortable, runs fairly well, four-door, good for family, fairly easy on gas and get good mileage. However, the whole underneath is completely rusted out, which causes a great deal of problems such as the brake line busted and the wheel bearings broke completely off. But all and all it's a decent car that gets me here to there.

Original review: June 20, 2018

My Buick Lucerne is very roomy, modern and nice. The ride is smooth and it has a display on the dash that keys you check air pressure, oil life, your estimated fuel mileage so you can plan your next fill up while on the road and other things that need checked regularly. However, it's hard removing the car seats and the back seat just to get to the battery especially when you have small children that are still in car seats. But other than that, I like the heated seats and nice safety features such as an extra little mirror on the side mirrors so you can check your blind spot.

Original review: June 19, 2018

The Buick Enclave is a new SUV, and we love it. We've never had an SUV before, and this new car rides so well. It has Bose audio, great visibility and wi-fi for my tablet, which is truly great when on a long trip. It averages 20 mpg in town and more than 26 mpg on the highway. However, it doesn't have on windshield graphics that tell you how fast you are going. We have that on our LeSabre, and it's a real safety feature. Nevertheless, we've had several Buicks and highly recommend them. They are also American made!

Original review: June 18, 2018

Within two years of owning this vehicle (2014 Buick Verano) we noticed what appeared to be paint looking dull on the hood, roof and trunk lid. The change was gradual and now there is no top coat left - did anyone else experience this with their Buicks? Our car is black. We do not live near the ocean.

Original review: June 18, 2018

This car is meeting all my needs. It is just the right size, sit high up and not too large but big enough and lots of colors to choose from. I like that it has on Star and XM radio. However, the back windshield wiper does not lift up to get the glass totally clean and this really bothers me a lot. They need to figure a way to fix this issue. But other than that, the Buick Encore was the most comfortable car I test drove. It also easily seats five people comfortably. It handles well in all types of weather and is good on gas.

Original review: June 17, 2018

While Toyotas are excellent vehicles, my family has always been pretty loyal to the General Motors line of vehicles. This is the second Buick I have had, and if this one is as good as the first I had, I'll be driving it for a long time. It's a good looking car, and is extremely comfortable to ride in as a driver or passenger. The Lucerne has interior features that are what I use a lot, other than Bluetooth. I could do without that. The interior is leather, with wood accents. It also has the standard AM/FM radio with a CD player. Moreover I really enjoy the air conditioning, as I had no air conditioning in my '84 Camaro, other than windows and t-tops wide open. The body lines are nicely curved, and give a bit of a different flair to it than most others have. Overall, it drives beautifully, it's really comfortable.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Buick Century has been an extremely reliable vehicle, and the only car we have owned in the last sixteen years. We have driven it mostly in town, but have also taken it on several road trips. We like the style, shape, and exterior design of this vehicle, as well as the comfortable, easy, smooth ride. It has a roomy interior, as well as a very large trunk space. It also gets super gas mileage. While it's our favorite car to date, we are not too thrilled about the quality of the car radio as it has aged - the speakers have become quite fuzzy and the volume will not hold steady. Also, a compact disk drive would be nice.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have owned a Buick for over ten years and it has yet to let me down. This is a used car with a few problems from wear and tear. Has always been a well-performing vehicle that has the security and comfort I need with my disabilities. I can get in and out easily, which is a big factor in my choice. Furthermore, It has the durability that I want. It is definitely built to last. The Buick LeSabre is the perfect vehicle for me.

Original review: June 14, 2018

There is nothing to complain about the 2005 Buick Century. It's a good looking 4-door sedan with seats that are comfortable. It rides smooth too. The car has always been dependable and ready to go when I am. Maintenance is minimal and has safe airbags. Bought new tires 1 year ago. It also starts readily in 30 below 0 weather. Moreover, it has a sleek appearance, black interior, electric seats and windows, and color tan. It has very roomy trunk space that is more than adequate. Can open trunk from inside as well. Lastly, heater and air conditioning work excellent.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Rented this car as an upgrade and drove it 250 miles through the mountain like road of Route 17, a twisting drive at 35 to 55 mph as well as in less challenging terrain. I already own two and was amazed at the difference. Handling not great but easy driving on hwy trips. It had electronic shut off at stops, a really smooth ride, quiet, great power at all times but the price at about $50 brand new makes you wonder how it got that high. There are so many buttons on every surface. A driver should take a ten hour course to get ready to try driving it. Had some, a lot, of trouble changing into reverse and solved it by simply parking always where I could get out in drive. Mileage... unbelievable 250 miles and $32 at $4 bucks a gallon. Rich? Get one but old? Take a class. I like mine with same engine but stiffer road and a cost of about $7 grand per car vs $50 grand. Enterprise is the rental agent and they were really reliable...not Hertz which I will review separately.

Original review: May 29, 2018

My full review of this 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir is yet to be made as I've only had it for a few weeks. However, to say I'm completely satisfied out of the box that answer is a big "NO". All the technology on this car can be quite confusing and to make that point try and call the OnStar service to find out about those things that are not clear in the manual and they'll put you on hold to go look in the manual. Really, their support people are poorly trained and somewhat useless when you call. No auto rain sensing windshield wipers which even the salesperson didn't know as he tried to convince me that we had them after I'd called and had to turn them on and off in a rainstorm we'd driven through.

Connect 10 Bluetooth devices including your phone yet if you're using another device other than your phone, then your phone won't answer through the car. Hands free on the phone is one of the most important features a car can have for obvious safety reasons. I'm still working out what I like and dislike about the car but with a car that costs you over $60,000 you'd expect the simple things to be there and to work. On one last thing with Onstar, not sure whether they outsource it or not as have talked to a few who I can't even understand other than not being able to answer simple questions. It's a comfortable ride, quiet and great space when third row seats down but many other cars have that and the above problems not there. Just a bit disappointed.

Original review: May 28, 2018

First of all the six cylinder engine in this car is killing my pockets, it eats gas like you would never believe. When turning the steering wheel all the way it cracks as if something's going to break, the door slam loud noise like cheap car. When car door is open there's no signal lighting to let oncoming cars know that your door is open, transmission stays in same gear too long before changing to second gear. Very cheaply made luxury car. Not worth the money. No way. I'm getting paint chips in front and sides of this car, I'm leasing this car and I wish that I never got involved with this particular car 2017 Buick Enclave. Bad deal. Very bad deal, also when you first pull the car out it sounds like something's loose or mud flapping from the tires, I don't know what that's all about but like I said very cheap luxury car. They really ** up this one. I really want to get out of this lease right now if possible.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Initially you would be blown away. It's so luxurious and comfy inside. Great features. Seems high end. STOP! Don't let that fool you like it did me. Don't believe my review. Just google complaints with Buick Enclaves and thousands of consumers have the same complaints as me. The transmission and powertrain needed to be replaced. Was stuck on highway out of town several times with transmission, powertrain, and StabiliTrak problems. The SUV decelerated to less than 10mph many times on the road... DANGEROUS. That check engine light stayed on. I took it to many many mechanics who could not fix it. Buick wants you to pay to just replace the whole thing... thousands of dollars. If I didn't have an initial extended warranty I would've been out $3k when it 1st happened on natl highway.

The wave plate needed to be replaced then. The valves and hoses constantly break and leak and need replacing. I have spent thousands out of pocket as a teacher and single momma. This car is a money pit! Beautiful, spacious. Comfy, but you will never be able to relax! Passenger airbag light is on and rear backup alert is on. The airbag alone in a passenger seat 800. For what you pay for the luxury car, you might as well drive a cheap car that gives you no problems. GMC won't recall these terrible engine and transmission problems either though they know about it and many consumers complain about it. Rip off. They should spank themselves! They deserve 1 star.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Bought my Buick used with over 100,000 miles on the odometer. It had tires and brakes replaced. Have only replaced one rear wheel bearing, other than routine service since. Has been a very good car.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I have a 2001 Buick Regal and is okay but it have its kinks. Not worth the money and need to be cheaper. Have dashboard gas gauge don’t work. On many it don’t work. Mileage display goes out on most of seen. Hard to fix the issue without getting charge a high mechanic bill.

Original review: April 29, 2018

After buying Buick for many, many years, I bought a Honda - I hated it. It was like driving in a tin can. After one year, I sold it and went back to a Buick - it was a costly mistake.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I have a 2002 Buick LeSabre and it looks as good today and drives like new despite being 16 years old! It one of the cars that is considered as a "do not die" vehicle!

Original review: April 27, 2018

Although 2016 Buick Encore is a small 4 cylinder, it has plenty of power. Enough to get in and out of traffic, fantastic gas mileage. It has a great back up camera, blind spot alert, all wheel drive, Bluetooth, Pandora, etc. Can sign up for OnStar services too. I'm pleased with mine.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Buick Envision has great vision of the road. Safety features, comfortable to drive, electronic capabilities and quiet when running. Leather is great quality too.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Buick Envision Essence - The perfect size SUV, 4 cylinder so not so peppy. Great gas mileage 28.7 both city and highway combined for my first 15k. Roomy particularly the back seat. Have taken long trips with adult backseat passengers. Also love the blind spot warnings and the complete sunroof. Pricey though. My sticker was 40,543 but bot 15% off. Made in China. Not that many on the road.

Not sure about Buick?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Car Dealers for you.

Buick Company Information

www.buick.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business