1.19/5
Based on 254 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

359 OnStar Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 5, 2018

After receiving an email from OnStar/AT&T that my card on file needed to be updated and they were also discontinuing my service until I updated my info I called OnStar. The call really didn't help because they said they didn't see it and to call back tomorrow. I then decided to call my bank and I was told I had 4 $20 pending charges from OnStar all made in the same hour. (I received the email the same hour the charges were made.) I called OnStar today and they say there is nothing indicating the charges, I also mentioned the email I got and he acted like I made it up. I demanded a case # and got one. So I have to send by fax the charges on my bank statement and the email. I called my bank and they are going to handle it which means I also had to cancel my debit card.

Original review: May 12, 2018

When we bought our Chevrolet Cruze at the Young Automotive dealership in Layton Utah they had us set up an account with OnStar as part of a free trial. Shame on me for providing my credit card information. I was promised it would not be charged and that I could cancel my account. I cancelled my account over the phone 2 months ago. I noticed that last month my credit card was charged. I made sure to keep better track of my cancellation number this time. Hopefully I do not have any continued issues. They have poor customer service and I would recommend not using their services.

Get expert buying tips about Roadside Assistance Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2018

We leased a vehicle through GM in October 2017. When I signed up with OnStar I recall them telling me that it comes with a trial period and they would notify me when my trial period was over and that I would be able to renew it at that time if I wanted to. I never received a clear notification and found out today that it was renewed without my knowledge. I noticed a deduction from my bank account.

I called them to ask about the charge and the customer service rep (Leah) that I spoke to was incredibly rude to me and insisted that when I started the lease I asked for them to automatically renew OnStar when my trial period expired. I did not ask for that. We have leased several vehicles and have not done that with any of them as we have never utilized OnStar after the trial period. I asked if my charge could be reversed. I was put on a very long hold, she came back and said they would mail me a check as a one time courtesy and that I should never expect another refund in the future and that it was my fault for giving them a credit card number when I bought the vehicle. Based on other complaints I have seen it looks like they scam a lot of people like this.

Original review: April 16, 2018

My use of "scam" to describe OnStar's business practices was carefully considered and reinforced by the reviews of others here who have had similar experiences. Specifically, when the OnStar trial period ended on our 2017 Buick LaCrosse, we contacted OnStar to terminate their service for which we little use. End of the story...or so we thought.

However, a few weeks ago we discovered we had been billed every month since July 2017 - almost 9. Although we closely check our credit card statements, we didn't catch these billings because OnStar was somehow billing our Kroger credit card. We never use this card or give out its number for anything other than Kroger purchases. The fact OnStar got access to this credit card is highly suspicious. Moreover, during this 9-month period there was no service to our LaCrosse, clearly indicating OnStar wasn't operative. When we contacted OnStar about this sham tactic and requested a full refund of the $270 for the 9 months we shouldn't have paid, they only offered to refund their charges for 3 months. From what I've read OnStar is struggling to stay viable. But this bogus strategy shouldn't be part of their way forward business model.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Just opened my bank account today to find that I had two charges from OnStar that I never agreed to. I call them and they said they were experiencing technical problems and double billed many customers. They also told me that I was sent multiple emails to cancel my OnStar guidance system that I’ve never used. When I told them the only notices I got were for my vehicle maintenance and if I didn’t want it just don’t respond. They said that the OnStar notices were in those emails with the maintenance extension. So I fell misinformed and taken by there sneaky practices. So they used my automatic withdrawals for my in car WiFi and started billing me for the guidance system.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OnStar?

Original review: April 5, 2018

I have been using and paying for OnStar for 7 years. I have never needed it but when I did, with my purse and keys locked in my SUV, in the middle of nowhere, the app on my phone didn't work and how many people carry a card in their pocket with OnStar info. The diagnostic report always tells me my tires are low which they are not. I had many issues last year with my vehicle. OnStar should have picked up and didn't. Just not happy, canceling.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I hate ONSTAR. I want to totally disconnect my 2017 Colorado ZR2 from OnStar, it's not possible on this model. Pull the fuse and you lose HVAC. Unplug OnStar cable and you have no radio illumination. Does anyone have another idea?

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have had OnStar full service and have had a phone service because I'm in the country and the cell reception is hit and miss. I just purchased 2 new vehicles and renewed OnStar on both. Well after trying to store phone numbers on the OnStar phone with no luck I'm told it was dropped when they took on a new carrier. Well I guess I need a Rolodex to look up the numbers. Looks like I'll be canceling all my service when my free stuff is done. Between my insurance company offering me CAA and Google maps and cell phone I don't see much need to stay with this service. Thanks OnStar for the savings.

Original review: March 20, 2018

We have had OnStar service for at least 9 years this time. What "they" count on, is everyone getting too busy & not having the time to either be bothered by their incompetent personnel, well personally I believe they are competent, at deceiving by transferring & delaying, & you know, the same tactics they all do. They want you to just forget it, because hey, for most it's not a large monthly charge. But think, they have millions of customers they do the exact same lack of services for & they're collecting a minimum of what $20 per vehicle per month? For us, they provide nothing & we've been paying almost $27 a month, & I need to go back & check statements to see when they went up again, when should I have caught it? How far back it does go is really going to piss me off, but more at myself for doing exactly what they count on, putting it off.

Not wanting to be bothered by these idiots. Time they know is worth a lot to those of us who don't like spending it on the phone or online trying to navigate, good one, through all their intentional roadblocks. That's a lot of money they are collecting for nothing. Wow, what a deal! This is how they can afford to lose a few... unhappy customers. It's how Spectrum, & T/W, B/house, many security co's, & many other "Services" we pay for & receive absolutely nothing for the monthly fees, that are also automatically renewed for their convenience, not ours & it pays again, them not us. The automatic renew policy is another sham. People take for granted these co's are safe, reliable & you know, honest & trustworthy.

Well please, do not fall for this company or any others that automatically renew! Again, they count on that, they purposefully count on most customers being too busy with every day life & with everything else most people have going on. They count on people forgetting or putting it off until next month, & there goes another charge, an automatic renewal & yes, another higher monthly charge. Amazing how many reviews I read where all of this is true & in common, repetitive. Then I think back regarding other "Services" like this one, & they are all the same. They are also paying out of country personnel for the most part, & that's another reason we never get the services we used to, nor do we get offered refunds or even a reduction for the monthly charges that they've automatically increased, repeatedly, every single year for over 9 years.

Few years ago when I'd catch them by viewing our c/c statement, they'd say "Well ok, we'll take care of that for you". No more. You get transferred to one in Asia, then one in India. I did however get one in country when I'd told them we receive absolutely nothing for the almost $27 a month on a vehicle that is an 07! I told them, at least we used to get a diagnostics & an email once a month. Haven't received any of those in last 3 years, & truly, it's our fault for not taking care of this ourselves before now. But as I read all the reviews from so many other people with the same issues, I am going to cancel.

They've ripped us off long enough. We're fortunate this vehicle barely gets out of the garage, we keep it for convenience, & because it's such a low mileage vehicle & a very large SUV & we have cell phones so we do not need the lousy do nothing service they do not provide. Sad to see, one iconic US name brand after another, be taken over by some "People" who continually outsource their business, & therefore leave the US customers literally out in the cold or the heat. We were & have been paying for nothing, now that's a deal!

But for OnStar not for us. Cancelling after 9 year run. Never will have their do nothing service again. Btw, many security firms/co's & others use the exact same tactics, a way around that is to buy your own systems, & cameras, & maybe have to pay for a limited monitoring. Truly now with ring & a few others, especially years ago when we purchased all of our own equipment, you do save a lot of money. Start going over your statements & see how much money, we are allowing these co's rip us off for... Monthly! For zero services. I've managed to "Find" $60 a month, more we can donate!

Original review: March 19, 2018

Thought I was buying a car with navigation BUT it was OnStar only. Then I realize that there is no map involved - it's turn-by-turn: voice and arrows - after you wait for the operator. I could use my iPhone for maps and the thought of connecting my phone every time I enter the car for maps was not pleasant. Plus I have an iPhone but no data so that will not work. So today, my Equinox is having surgery to remove OnStar with a navigation system. Hurrah.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I have been incredibly disappointed in service received from OnStar. I was thrilled to have an OnStar ready vehicle and decided to take advantage of the unlimited data provided through AT&T. Unfortunately, it stopped working around the beginning of January. I called OnStar and have now been jerked around for the better part of two months. I have been refused a refund because there is usage shown on my data account (I couldn't even stream a song or send text messages, so whatever "usage" was there is beyond me) and have been hung up on, lied to directly, and have gotten to the point where I gave up on the process to have my problem fixed because I was tired of paying for a completely broken service only to be told I was apparently using it (because I seem to have nothing better to do than call OnStar about my car's WiFi?).

I am fully aware this is the very definition of a "first-world problem." In-vehicle WiFi isn't make or break in any sense of the term, and this was simply a luxury I was excited about in my new car. And I rarely comment or review businesses after a bad experience. However, this has been the height of poor customer service standards and internal operations. The advisors I've spoken with have been marginally nice, but it's clear the business practices are created without the customer in mind. At this point, I am asking for nothing. I'm out $40 and it truly isn't a large amount of money. I'd LOVE for the WiFi in my car to be fixed, but I don't think it's worth it at this point. What I AM asking is that this company re-think some of the completely absurd standards of practice they are using, and revise their focus to the customer, not only the bottom line. [Also, I'd like to know if there's a way to rip out the OnStar button from my car.]

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

Got run around trying to get OEM remote start app to work on my vehicle (my Cadillac App). They make you believe they are working on it but guess what... they are not. Probably spent 4 hours in total on the phone talking with customer service and technical department. Explaining myself every time. They told me to contact a Certified Cadillac Service Center which I did and the service center stated that they could not do anything. I went through dis-associating the vehicle, un-installing the app and re-installing and "wa-la"... NOTHING!!!! NO HELP AND NO RESOLUTION. WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY = ONSTAR. Even canceling my trial.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Subscription was cancelled back in 2011 & come to find out they've been deducting a monthly fee out of my account that I used for emergencies all of these years. At first it shows $30 then it doubles in July 2017. I contacted OnStar & they informed me that a subscription for a Colorado was added. We informed them that the truck belonged to my son & not my husband so it shouldn't be on his account that should've been inactive in the first place. They insisted that it was added by the dealership. I told them that was ** & better get credited. After several transfers & numerous explanations I was offered a three month credit. Now I received a letter from them that they will not issue any credit. So I cancelled the service on my son's Colorado & would like to sue them for fraud. Fraud.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

So, I open the mailbox and find a notice that someone with a different first name, with my last name has an account that is linked to my address. I support at **, and to my surprise the office of executive relations denied my call! I spoke to two different reps who could not get to the bottom of this issue. How do dealers not verify the address of a person. There is no one who has ever lived at this address with the name on this notice. Now I believe someone has purchased a car, and OnStar support with my information.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I cancelled my subscription with OnStar in August of 2015 and was given a 10-digit confirmation number for that cancellation. Recently, I noticed that I had been charged every month for the monthly subscription on my credit card since November of 2015. I know, I should have noticed but I didn't. Anyway, I called Onstar today (1/6/2018) to inquire about the charges on my credit card.

The agent first said that they have no record of my cancellation so I gave her the 10 digit cancellation confirmation number that they had provided to me back in August of 2015 and the agent said that this number isn't valid because all of their cancellation confirmation numbers are 8 digits long, not 10 digits long. She also said that I re-subscribed two months later. (Wait a minute, how could I re-subscribe if I supposedly never canceled?) I told her that I want to cancel this subscription (again) so she passed me to another department to do that.

So, I told the new agent that I want to cancel the subscription so she did that. Once I hung up I realized that this moron didn't give me a cancellation confirmation number so I called Onstar back and asked for my cancellation confirmation number so a different agent gave it to me and guess what; the number was 10 digits long, not 8! I told the agent the entire story about my cancellation, re-subscribing and old (but wrong) confirmation number and she said she couldn't help me. I asked her to look up the transaction when I canceled and when I supposedly re-subscribed and she said she couldn't look back in her records that far back; imagine that.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I have a 2015 Impala Limited, my battery needed charging so I "pressed the blue button." Of course I had to wait for the next available agent about 15 minutes with that dumb music, when someone finally answered I told them the problem had to wait again. Finally I got a text saying someone was on the way. Waited another 45 minutes. Still no one came. Called back and they had no record of my first call. Had to wait again, finally someone came out! The reason I even bought this car was because of OnStar. But if this is the service I get I might as well cancel the subscription.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I have had the vehicle for six months. I have been trying to cancel the OnStar service all that time. The website NEVER EVER works, and the wait time on the phone is hours. Forget EVER being able to stop them from debiting your account unless you close your bank account. Push the OnStar button in the car? NOTHING HAPPENS. I am paying month after month for a service THAT DOES NOT WORK, that I DON'T NEED, and that it is IMPOSSIBLE to cancel. I guess I need to find an attorney and sue these people.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Although I love OnStar services and have been a subscriber for several years, it is insulting to be charged an extra $100 to renew because I wish to pay by check rather than provide a credit card. If I provide a credit card, they automatically charge it upon renewal without my prior authorization, which is not acceptable to me. I don't think this policy is ethical or reasonable. I am not happy at having to choose between allowing unauthorized renewal payments or being punished with an exorbitant renewal rate if I want to pay in full by check each year.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

While returning home from Tennessee yesterday we came upon a semi-trailer rig engulfed in flames south of Erwin, TN, on Highway 26. I immediately hit the Emergency button on our OnStar, but they never answered. The incident was reported thru a 911 call, but not Onstar. Today, I called Onstars Sales to let them know I was totally dissatisfied with their Emergency Onstar Service. I connected with a live advisor in approx. 20 seconds. Onstar, I think your priorities are on Sales, not Emergencies. Their Care Department Supervisor today, extended my Onstar Contract 3 months. It's highly unlikely I will renew their service. Onstar, get your act together, place more advisors in the Emergency Department and less in Sales. A life may depend on it!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

What an absolutely horrible false sense of security OnStar provides. I thought my 40,000 dollar truck was safe. I thought if someone took it, OnStar would find it. I couldn't have been more wrong. My truck was stolen 7 days ago at 1 am. At 7:30 am I awoke for work and it was gone. I called OnStar and simply got nothing. After three days they called to tell me they could not locate it. They said, "It appears it was tampered with".

I had always knowing that it could be disabled, obviously as with anything it can be removed but I would have never thought you could simply google "disable OnStar" and find out that it only takes 3 minutes to simply unplug it. I'm also ashamed that my insurance assisted this false sense of security by offering me a discount for having the OnStar tracking. I almost never leave one star reviews, I almost never leave negative reviews without saying something positive but in this case I simply cannot say anything positive. I can't wait for OnStar to tap into me driving when I get my new truck. I'll be sure to rip that rep a new one. OnStar makes me sick to my stomach.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

So I got a new car with 3 GIG FREE WIFI. They get me to sign up for unlimited when free is done. But 2 weeks in get a bill for $20 for unlimited wifi call and they say error, cancel bill, but it cancels my WIFI after 2 30 min calls on phone with Onstar getting transferred around to people who have no idea what they are doing. Say internal technical support must put it back but they cannot figure how. Told times a supervisor will call back. Not no calls back. Now I call back and they say 3-5 business days. Ready to return car and tell GM FORGET I AM GOING BACK TO BMW and MERCEDES CARS.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I live just south east of Atlanta in one of the hardest hit counties in Ga. from Tropical Storm Irma. My power had been out for hours and the cell tower for my network was down. The only resource I had to reach out for assistance during this pounding storm was OnStar. When the very pleasant rep answered, he immediately changed my state of mind from almost panic, to peace. I needed to contact a few people which included my cell provider. He researched, found and connected me the correct contact number and stayed with me until I reached a live rep. While talking with the cell rep., my call disconnected. When I called OnStar back, the new rep. just picked up where the prior one had left off. In no time, I was reconnected with my cell provider rep and my issues were soon resolved. I can't say enough about the excellent customer service I received during such a crucial time! Thanks OnStar!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Between OnStar and or ATT it is a large chore getting online. Not sure what is what but they cannot achieve this because of a errs. So no WIFI and no answer. Much easier to go buy a Verizon jetpack. Or a Ford Pickup.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

After paying for OnStar protection for over ten years my Car broke down on the side of a country road. Ninety degree day. I'm a little unsettled. It just died. I had no electrical so no OnStar push button on the rear view mirror and I think for a few minutes. I am lock in the car. Windows up and getting very Hot. I use my cell phone to call Onstar. I have a card I carry in my wallet with my member number and car phone number. I know my name and home address and phone number but this isn't enough for the guy who answers the phone. He wants my vin #. Well I think I am locked in the car and need him to let me out. I can not see the vin#.

Finally I realize I can push the button (duh!). Wow. Now I am out of the car so I tell him now I need a tow. He transfers me to a girl who has more questions. What address am I near? Well I am on a road right at an intersection. I can give that information but there are no homes or businesses around so this is the best I can do. It takes her forever to get a GPS on me. We have been on the phone 30 minutes by now. She puts me on hold and when she finally comes back says it will be 50-70 minutes for a tow truck! Really?? Never heard from tow truck.

My friend came, jumped my car and ran up the battery. I drove the 2 miles to the repair garage and called it a day. I figure I have spent over $2,000.00 on Onstar protection and this is what I get? I have emailed the company. No response. I told the person who called to check on me several hours after this happen and she said she would file a report. It has been 20 days since the breakdown and I have not heard anything from Onstar.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I purchased a 2017 GMC Denali 3500 HD from the dealer brand new, only 1.5 month prior to this incident. My son and I went to the matinee movie at AMC Camp Creek, we had only been inside theatre 50 mins before returning to vehicle to find it had been vandalized. I reached out to OnStar and got several different excuses. Unbeknownst to the Onstar Rep, I had the full Onstar service she said I was not in the security plan in the package I had chosen, then another person told me I didn't have an emergency contact number, that was a lie because your brand has been calling and emailing me, and the third rep said we contacted you at 1305hrs, that was a lie also.

Folks please stop paying into this scam we call security is false, and you lose much more than what you are paying for. They offered me 3 months free service, but please explain to me why would I still be interested in your service when you didn't perform up to expectations in the first place? To the the current date after several calls no one has called to discuss nor make an offer about my loss of property due to them not notifying for immediate response to theft/vandalism. ONSTAR IS NO GOOD!!!

Original review: July 13, 2017

Bought new GMC last summer. After free subscription I called and cancelled but they not only kept charging but denied they were charging. After 5 phone calls each time they told me they will check it out and call me. They never did plus said there was no record of me calling. Finally my CC company is blocking them. My advice is to stay away from OnStar.

Original review: May 29, 2017

I have been with OnStar since 2000. The problems have been minor up to now. I have 5 cars under subscription. I recently purchased a new Cadillac. GM offers a 6-month service contract free. Talking to my good friends at OnStar, they got my vin # mixed up with a GMC Terrain vin #. They told me I could have the transmitter replaced in the Cadillac & then they can accept me as a customer. Mind you they say there is nothing wrong with my OnStar transmitter. I will be leaving OnStar as soon as I have used up the minutes left on my other cars!!!

Original review: April 8, 2017

I have an OnStar equipped car, however I have never subscribed to OnStar. Suddenly, after almost 2 years of never using, contacting or having any association with OnStar, they started coming on while I was driving. Every time I put the car into drive and park, OnStar would connect and ask me if I wanted to activate my account. One time I honked the horn and got connected to an associate. I could not disconnect the calls myself and when it connected to my car, it shut off the clock, radio and heat.

Now, I live in upstate New York, so the last time this happened, I was driving my son to Boy Scouts and it was 30 degrees outside. I put the car in drive and it asked me to activate my account. Sometimes I could say no, answer a couple other questions and it would disconnect, other times, it connected me to an associate. This time, I got an associate. I asked her to disconnect and hang up. She started in about deactivating my account! I said I have no account, you don't even know who I am, just hang up!! I refused to give my name. She would not disconnect.

I told her she needed to disconnect, OnStar has shut off my heat and it is 30 degrees and she still wouldn't. She did nothing I asked her, which was only to hang up and was on the whole time until I got to Boy Scouts, about 10 minutes. I was beyond mad. After about 5 minutes of no help from her, I couldn't even understand her anymore!! Once where I was going, I told her I am at my destination and am going inside and that she better disconnect and not drain my battery. Since then, less than 24 hours from now, I have not heard from them.

I drive my kids around and they had to listen to that, and my oldest just got his license and wants to drive constantly, and I had to instruct him on how to respond to OnStar so he could drive. I found it very distracting while driving and very upsetting. I will never have OnStar now. I will do everything I can to not even buy an OnStar equipped car ever again. They have access to YOUR car whenever they want even when you don't have them. A horrible company. Horrible customer service.

Original review: April 1, 2017

Purchased new 2016 Suburban in Albany, NY late May, 2016. OnStar free for 9 months. First 3 months, free wifi (3Gigs). I agree to purchase 1Gig extra for $15 per month. No one ever pointed out to me that every time I got in the truck my smartphone was "using" data. My wifi would last very limited amounts of time without me or family even using it. Finally, I get billed the monthly $15 fee on 3/30/17. The same day at 4:39pm I get a text alert: I have exceeded over 80% data usage. I never used the phone in the truck that day. I called OnStar. They gave me the runaround. Technical people gave me different answers on questions I asked regarding data used, etc.

Finally spoke to Supervisor (John in Canada), who gave me even more different answers to same questions. Asked for my money to be refunded. Refused with no explanation. "We won't refund for used data." I explained I never 'used' the data... my phone ate the data without me ever touching my phone. Didn't want to hear that no one ever explained to me how it worked. Different note: January 2017, February 2017, March 2017... I was charged $39.84 per month for OnStar service. I never agreed to this. They tell me it automatically bills on monthly cycle once free period ends. No warning, no prior notice, they just start billing. Never again OnStar.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

I just bought a new 2017 truck with OnStar. Truck came with it. I didn't order it. Had to pay $175. Truck cost $42,650. The "basic plan" is for "5 years plus 3 month service with automatic crash response, navigation & more. Includes 4G LTE WI-FI(R) Hotspot w/ limited data trial & more (subject to terms see onstar.com)". Well, I bought it December 5th and within a month and a half, start getting online requests for money to keep the service. Unsolicited "Spam" in other words. I never gave OnStar any address, much less my email. I responded with: "This is why I loathe giving out my email address to anyone. You want to communicate with me? Do it by US Mail." Sure enough, I got within days a packet FedEx-ed to me. In it, all it basically said was: "To renew, you must go online".

Uh-oh! That's when I did some research and found this ConsumerAffairs site. I read about onstar ripping people off using their credit card information. So, I wrote them online and asked: "I need to renew my subscription. Do you need my credit card number or do you already have it?" Someone responded with something like: "I can't answer that question. You must go to the billing site." Man, they sure want my money! I responded with only: "I'll make a note of it." I know one thing, I ain't "re-upping" my onstar! I just hope they don't lock me in my vehicle when they find out!

OnStar expert review by Lauren Fix

This roadside assistance service comes bundled with GM vehicles. However, consumers can also buy the service separately for their vehicles through OnStar's For My Vehicle (FMV) service.

• Flexible payment options: Consumers can buy annual plans, pay monthly or even pay upfront for several years at a time.

• GPS tracking: OnStar FMV comes with a GPS-enabled tracker to help the company locate your vehicle quickly in cases of breakdown.

• Convenient mobile app: The service comes with a mobile app that tells real-time fuel information and lets car owners control their vehicles remotely.

• On-road real-time support: OnStar's navigation service comes with real-time support from a customer-rep who helps members locate the nearest gas station and lodgings.

• Free three-month trial: The service is available on a three-month trial basis for eligible, pre-owned vehicles.

• Maintenance Reminders: OnStar offers maintenance reminders and helps book appointments.

• Concierge Service: For an extra fee they can book travel, hotels and concert tickets when you purchase the full plan.

• Emergency Service: OnStar has the ability to know if you've been in an accident and can send help after trying to reach the driver. Their state of the art call center can detect your exact location.

• Unlock Service: OnStar has the ability to know if you've been in an accident and can send help after trying to reach the driver. Their state of the art call center can detect your exact location.

• Best for: OnStar is best for adventurers, family travel and multiple drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

OnStar Company Information