Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.95/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

OnStar Reviews

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I have been paying $320 per year for this service. Today I called to cancel and they offered me $120 per year because "I had been paying their retail price" and they had a better offer for me! So, I've been ripped off for years and now they have a better offer??? I canceled my services. I am disgusted with them! I will get AAA Plus for $100 per year instead. Don't fall for this con company. They are seriously overpriced and have no appreciation for their long-time customers.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

Dec 14, 2019. I have waited 3 1/2hrs to get my car towed 5mins from where I stay. They made me miss my ride to pick up my battery and was not willing to assist me in getting it. The battery was only 5mins from the dealership. NarTowing was suppose to pick me up at 1st and didn't call when they were running behind. OnStar then switched me to Superior 2hrs later because of the wait. I explain I missed my ride to pick up my battery and Trisha said they would not pay the additional $8 to pick it up, even though it was their fault. Superior said they had no problem taking me and OnStar would need to approve the additional mileage or I would have to pay. Well, I wind up paying it. OnStar has not held up to the service they use to provide and I am cancelling my service. Oh, they also couldn't help Wed Dec. 11th when I was in my car due to my battery. The lady couldn't even tell me where my pocket transmitter to use my phone key. Terrible service.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I waited over 3 hours for someone to show up to help fix my tire. No one came. Customer service called me many times telling me the driver would be coming soon but no one ever showed up. They then tried to tell me they would have to re dispatch someone to help me and would take another 45 minutes. A young girl should not have to wait in the dark and rain for almost 4 HOURS for someone to come and help them. Ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

This service is great... in theory. However, it is overpriced and is nothing that isn't already provided by a basic cell phone. Accident assistance is provided free of charge so what are you paying $35 a month for? This does not include the wi-fi, an additional charge on top of the ridiculous monthly fees. An OnStar trial was included with our truck purchase, an already overwhelming affair. There was no notice that the free trial had expired. We called immediately once I realized that my credit card was charged. After being transferred twice, we sat on hold for 15 minutes while they cancelled the account. Today I received a notification that I was credited $1.18 by OnStar. It boggles my mind as to how that math works but unless you call, they will not explain charges or allow you to dispute any. It's absolutely ridiculous and an antiquated, overpriced service. Spend the money on AAA instead.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Nothing but the Truth stated: I am a former General Motors employee with GMISCA/EDS over Ten years when General Motors was the real GM, however today this FIRM is history. I have always purchased or leased GM cars and SUV’s and my spouse retired from GM as the same summary and purchases as me (myself). So, when I make the following statements below are 1) TRUE, 2) REAL, 3) TRUTHFUL, 4) BELIEVABLE and not to be ignored! I also firmly believe that the United States and Canada should not have bailed them out and should have left them go out of business. Just look what they have done since the “BAIL OUT” (Plant closings, Benefits taken away, OnStar, GM Financial, etc.).

STATEMENTS: On Star Comments

1: Acts like they own General Motors in a dictatorial role and enjoy passing the “Buck” to other GM divisions as well as for the GM Dealers too! They may have a good service, but on a corporate level they suck at doing business with GM, GM Dealers, and GM customers. This is making it bad for GM Car Sales and Dealers.

2: Our last three vehicles we have Leased “On Star” they do it their way and will not comply to GM customers, GM Dealers, etc. Our last GM Lease On Star totally mess up in transferring “On Star” services to lease turn in to our new GM lease vehicle, and on the emergency names and telephone numbers were wrong and they just did what “On Star” wanted to type in for our emergency persons and telephone numbers.

3: On the day I picked up this new GM lease I pressed the “On Star Blue Button” and the “On Star” employee told me they will do everything like transfer service to our new leased vehicle, etc., however, three days later I found out that my online “On Star” account still showed my old lease car was still active and did not show our new lease car. Also it showed our Saturn vehicle of five years ago still active. Also the “On Star” employee did not release the “On Star” call properly making the radio not to work properly.

4: Called “On Star” Wednesday to get this fixed. Spent over four and a half hours and now “On Star” on our vehicle is totally messed up.

5: As I started online to create our GMC rewards account “On Star” had totally messed up the section where emergency contacts and I could not change their messed up information and I called “On Star” to try to fix their issue (keep in mind I was not completed with the GMC rewards program online) they told me to LOG OFF in which I did and know GMC reward is messed up as well.

Summary: That is enough. I can go on and on about “On Star”, but what is the point above is enough for you to understand that “On Star” services is BAD and customers are going to other vehicle manufactures for cars, SUV’s, Trucks, etc. What a way to do business!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OnStar?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Free trial is nice, but I would never pay more than $5 a month for the safety, turn by turn nav, and remote access combined... Either myself or a person passing by me can call 911 and it's free, my phone has GPS with a full map and numerous other features and to be honest you can get cell phone service for $35 a month anymore. I really don't know what OnStar or GM is thinking still installing these units in the vehicles when anymore no one wants to pay that much for something that can't even come close to competing with a cell phone, I do like that they offer hot spot. I may activate it for one month for my kids next vacation, but then again, my cell phone also turns into a hot spot soooo there's that...

Onstar really needs to give up on their steep pricing. It's outrageous and unfair. In fact I think I will just go for a Ford next time because the whole onstar thing is just that useless and looking at my pretty touchscreen knowing it depends on onstar to function is sad. At least ford comes with a navigation DVD and you don't have to pay monthly for a gps service on top of a car payment, Oh one more thing, don't assume that because the car you're buying has a nice touchscreen in it that it has gps like any other car with a touchscreen, mine did and I was under the impression it had navigation but nope. No map. Nothing. Just turn by turn, yes simple basic arrow on this fancy little touchscreen and the only way to activate that is to pay onstar... It's literally a marketing trick... Can't stand onstar and now I can't stand gm either.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I had a brick thrown through my window, had my vehicle ransacked for the tire lock, all four tires were stolen and on star never sent an alert. The next day the insurance appraiser showed up without my knowledge. He reached into the vehicle through the broken window and unlocked my vehicle. Onstar immediately sent me an alert that my vehicle was being stolen. They didn’t notify me when it was broken into, but notified me when it wasn’t being stolen. They did an investigation as to why I wasn’t notified and said I didn’t have onstar connected to my windows or interior movement. So my question is why did it work when the insurance adjuster opened the door but not when the thieves opened it.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Untrustworthy. If you're having issues cancelling OnStar, just notify credit card company and file lost card, keep in mind though if you have other monthly charges on the same card, just update the ones you're keeping, with your new issue credit card. This is the only way you can keep OnStar honest and keep them from charging months after you cancel the subscription.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Activated for a long road trip to the desert. Not only does this service have trouble connecting the advisors don't even take the time to give you proper directions. Tried getting directions to Petrified National Forest and the advisor put us on hold for over 5 minutes and then proceeded to give us directions to our home address over a thousand miles away. We also asked for directions to a specific address which I was very clear on and the advisor sent us to an intersection off the expressway on the other side of town. We ended up getting lost for over half an hour trying to figure out where he sent us. The advisors don't speak clearly, listen or even give you the chance to answer. Google Maps and Waze are better and free! I was certainly glad we didn't rely on them for emergency services as I don't think they would have been reliable.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

COSTLY! Poor “Hot Spot” Service. Can not stop vehicle tracking or push button contact even when service is cancelled. GM dealer says the Onstar module can not be disconnected without detrimental effects.

OnStar Company Information