Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
4.03/5

Better World Club

Better World Club Company provides our customers high quality, valuable, and environmentally responsible products and services. From emergency roadside assistance to travel and insurance products and services, Better World Club is dedicated to the customer and being a socially responsible company. When you do business with Better World Club Company, you are not only obtaining quality service, but are also helping us donate towards environmental cleanup and advocacy. Contact us today to learn more about our products and services!

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

40 Better World Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

When I had BWC, I used them twice; one for a disabled battery when the car was in my driveway; the second time was when I got stuck, off the road, in an unfamiliar area. The calls to them when I got stuck were ridiculous. I had to call 3 times before a truck was seen. Today, I mulled over joining then again, but they offer no advantage over triple A. I was specifically looking for discount auto repair, an oil change but the rep said that they offer none. AAA does offer discounts at Goodyear, but the GY shops, where I like are terrible. I'm better off searching for coupons for an oil change, tires, or the like. The BWC rep offered me no incentive to join them.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I renewed with Better World Club and they have a simple renewal process. I did request roadside assistance twice with them. One time, I was locked out of a car and they arranged for a company to come by and help me into the car. I was pleased with their service.

Get expert buying tips about Roadside Assistance Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 14, 2018

I was unhappy with what AAA did when I was in a minor fender bender and Better World is more environmentally friendly so, I decided to go with them. I bought the premium package which goes up to a hundred miles and last fall, when I was out in the Sierras which was 108 miles from Sacramento, our van broke down. I called Better World to file the claim and gave them the information. I arranged to have them pick it up the next morning so we didn’t have to just sit there and wait during the fall colors. And the next day, it was picked up. We only had to pay for eight miles worth so it all worked well. We were pretty happy and I love the fact that they also cover bicycles. I would highly recommend them and encourage them to support a green business because like ourselves since my husband and I are conservation photographers.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Better World Club was an alternative to AAA. Their enrollment process was easy and we have the premium package for two people. Then about five years ago, I had a car wreck and Better World Club towed me. We recently used the land map service a couple of times on a whim and everybody is very courteous and quick. Better World Club has a very nice group and they are pleasant whenever I contact one. Also, the cost I got with the quality of their service seems to be fair and I had a very satisfactory experience with them.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Better World Club has good service and I got the yearly contract with them. My car was not running so I called to file a claim for it and their reps came over and towed my car into the mechanic's place. Better World Club is very honest, they come quickly and I support them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Better World Club?

Original review: July 2, 2018

I’ve been with AAA for a long time and I love their maps, but I didn’t like that they promoted burning fossil fuels. When I heard about Better World, we switched to them six years ago and had our cars insured for road service. Their enrolment process was easy. Then when we had to have a car towed 16 miles to the next town, we just called Better World and they called the tow truck and it got done. We mostly do our transactions online and I had very little interaction with Better World's reps but when I talked to somebody about coverages, it got done and it was taken care of.

The cost seems high but mostly because we haven’t had to use it much. It seems expensive if I look at getting a no charge tow for 16 miles in five years of being part of it. But then, it’s insurance and the idea is that we’re paying a lot of money and never get anything back but we don’t worry. It's fair-based and when I looked at insurances as a whole, it’s a horrible industry because it feeds and lives on our fear but Better World is not doing that. Better World is something we chose to have because my wife commutes under 30 miles round-trip two days a week to another, bigger town, where she works three days a week. And it’s important that she has coverage if something occurs, she can’t get the car started on the way home and if I have to drive 66 miles to jumpstart the car. It makes the cost of Better World a little easier.

In addition, I really appreciate that Better World now has maps which I will get and they are also aware of caring for the environment and the world. I have two pretty new great-grandsons and I’m afraid they’re not gonna have a future, so any company that does something to promote dealing with climate change and environmental things is good.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I got towed one time and I told the company, Organic Transit, which was the ones who sold me the bike and they got in touch with Better World Club and arranged everything. They sent a tow truck out on the bicycle and towed me back to where my home was because I had a flat tire. I was able to fix the tire myself when I got home because I had all the equipment but I couldn't do it on the road. I only had that one transaction with them and I felt like it's worth having them in my back pocket just in case because I didn't know if a regular tow company would take care of a bicycle. Maybe AAA might do that but they're not used to a bicycle and Better World Club specializes in them.

I had an invoice from Better World Club which was for the dues and it had been a couple of years since I have done anything with them. I got a hold of them and let them know that it's a dreck and I'd be paying it from now on. They said it was fine but since it was past due, they wanted to charge me another $10, which I didn't have a big problem with. They already have me on file so I just paid the dues at that point. Better World Club took care of me before but I gotta think about how much they charged. It could be a little excessive for a bicycle. The rate seemed just as a high as an automobile club and it is possible that the automobile club would take care of my bicycle the same way.

Original review: May 30, 2018

After having BWC for several years I finally had to use it (twice) recently. For both instances, I was at home and needed my car to be jumped. On the first occasion I was given a 90 minute ETA. After 2 hours I finally called back and they told me they had sent someone to my house but then had not been able to reach me. I had spent the past 45 minutes with my phone, waiting outside for them, so I am certain they never came, nor did anyone try to contact me. They apologized and told me they'd send someone else. For this one I was given a 1 hour ETA. After 90 minutes they finally arrived. I had a good experience with them, although they did end up breaking my windshield wiper in the process of trying to fix it.

The 2nd time I called was about 2 weeks later, and I had the same issue and needed my car to be jumped. I was first given a 75 minute ETA and after that amount of time I called to check in. They told me it would be another half an hour. Another half hour goes by and so I call again. At this point they say it'll be another 30 minutes. 45 minutes later they finally arrived. I had a good experience with them. Although the actual experience with getting my car jumped twice was fine, the wait times were outrageous. Had I been stranded on the side of the road, waiting for several hours would have been completely unacceptable. As it was, I was at home and the wait time was still entirely not okay.

Original review: May 3, 2018

We received maps for our upcoming trip faster than we expected and the link to Last Minute Travel has saved us a lot of money and time! Keep up the great work! Better World Club gives us help and educates us.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Horrible, I should have never signed with miserable service, they usually take over 2 hours to respond and many time the tow service simply cancel the call after over an hour wait. After 2 years of patience I get a letter of cancellation due to my roommates living in the same household using the service which they have their own card. Vice president of sales finally returned the call said "your billing address is commercial and you might use this for a company". Stupidly said after 2 years of service. She was very horrible for a vice president of sale, maybe she should drive a tow truck instead. Goodbye World Club and hello AAA again.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Called for roadside assistance, was given a one-hour window. Got a call within 15 minutes from driver saying that he was 30 minutes out. 45 minutes later he had not shown up. I called him, and he told me he had been redirected in another direction. I called to the main office. They told me that they would send another driver my way. They never called me to let me know what was going on.

Got a call a little while later from a new driver saying that he was about 30 minutes out. Waited another 45 minutes and no show. Called the office again. They said they would dispatch another driver. Finally 2 1/2 hours later a truck showed up. The office on two occasions told me that they would have customer care call me the following week to attend to my dissatisfaction. Never got a call. Had another need for their service a week later. Once again the person I spoke to assured me that client care would call me to follow up regarding my dissatisfaction. Never got a call. Terrible customer service! Worst roadside assistance company I have ever worked within 50 years.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Anytime we have made any kind of contact with Better World the staff have always been helpful and friendly. I would recommend their services to all of my friends and family. The tow companies they contract with have always been friendly, helpful and timely. I have trusted them with my wife and kids.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have been a member of Better World Club for almost 5 years because I drive a car that is now 17 years old and the car I had when I originally signed up was even older! I was excited about being a member because of the positive things they claim to do and support. After all these years of paying my membership, I finally needed their help. Thank goodness it was no big emergency; my battery had died for some reason while my car was parked in my driveway. I called at 10:55 a.m. to ask for assistance. I was told that I would receive an email from a roadside serve in my area.

I worked at home for almost FIVE more hours and finally called them back. I was put on hold and they finally reached out to a service this time. I do not know why they didn't bother the first time. I got a text almost immediately from Five Star Towing that they would be at my home by 5:08. An hour later I got a phone call confirming they would arrive at my home in 15 minutes. That was one hour ago. It is now 7 hours since my first call and still no help. What if I had been stranded along a highway or in a parking lot nowhere near my home? Count on this... I will NOT be renewing this membership. I cannot trust that you will do what you say you will do. What a rip off.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I needed help changing a flat because the bolts were rusted on. I was at my home, and thank goodness I didn't need to be at work or a pressing engagement (though I did miss a show I had been anticipating that evening) because it was over three hours from the time of call until someone showed up to help me. The guy was nice enough, but he clearly did not have a GPS and I had to talk to him the last five minutes of our call to "coach" him to my fairly-easy to find address. When he arrived, I learned he was sent from a location 1.25 hours from my home, and arrived without a jack! Luckily he had more weight on him than I did and was able to rig what I had here to do the job, but I am glad I wasn't stranded on the side of the highway, waiting, or like I said, had to work. I have been a longtime BWC customer, and expect better.

Original review: April 25, 2017

The driver arrived promptly and was extremely courteous. He had to tow my car because it was not supplied with a spare, just a "kit," and apparently he is not allowed to help with the kit for reasons of legal liability. He drove me and the car home. The next morning I called roadside assistance through Better World again and the driver took me to my mechanic for a tire change. This driver was also courteous and informative. I love Better World Club and recommend it to my friends.

Original review: April 22, 2017

My car's battery died and I needed a jumpstart to get to the dealer. My phone call was met by a friendly and accommodating person who explained the process and after a short exchange of information promised me a text to inform me of the time and specifics of the company I could expect to show up. In less time than what the estimate was, I received a text, as well as a phone call by the gentleman who helped get my car started. The whole process from phone call to being back running took approximately 30 minutes and left a very happy customer!

Original review: April 18, 2017

After several years of having BWC, I finally needed to use the roadside service three times over the past six months. Each time the service was late, leaving me sitting in my car waiting two of those times. The third time I used it I had requested service to my home; rather than calling the guy around the corner to bring my car less than a mile down the road, I had to wait an hour and a half for someone to come from 30 miles away.

Original review: April 18, 2017

I switched to Better World Club almost two decades ago and have always appreciated their service. BWC provides not only roadside service and maps but also service for bicycles. How cool is that? I like their monthly e-news. This is an environmentally conscientious business and I recommend to my friends, family, and colleagues.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Both the person I spoke with on the phone and the tow-truck operator were very friendly and helpful. The tow-truck arrived at my location in less than 20 minutes, and he called to confirm my location a minute or two after I had hung up with the woman who answered my call at Better World. It was one of the quickest towing experiences I have ever had.

Original review: April 16, 2017

I wasn't happy with the things that AAA stand for, and wanted a greener company to provide roadside support. I left AAA for that reason. I've stayed with the Better World Club because their service is very good. I've never waited a real long time for someone to come help. I love that I can have bike coverage too for my husband who bikes to work.

Original review: April 16, 2017

Service man arrived much SOONER than I expected! The young man was knowledgeable. So many service men don't know that the Prius battery is not under front hood; he did know this. He was courteous and pleasant to work with. I don't have service number. He was a tall young black man with medium length dreadlocks. Thank you.

Original review: April 16, 2017

I have needed BWC's Roadside Assistance several times over the past couple of years. Fast responses and very mindful of safety, which gave me peace of mind when my son hit a deer on a freeway far from home. Good job.

Original review: April 15, 2017

Well, I have had a number of Winter episodes on my steep driveway. But the last one was the most exciting - my car slid backwards and missed my wooden porch by inches. Happily the men from the towing services hoisted the back of the car and gingerly pulled it into a position so that I could drive it into the street. They were nice and efficient. I was very pleased not to have my porch damaged.

Original review: April 15, 2017

BWC is faster and better than AAA --no sense of entitlement, dishonesty, or intimidation when they show up. I've had to call in New Haven as well as Western Massachusetts (Monterey), and without fail it's the nicest gal or guy who shows up. My guess is it's all people who are a little more aware of what's going on in the world.

Original review: April 15, 2017

Battery start up. There in 10 minutes. Polite and efficient. Getting a little expensive and they need to increase their partners for discounts. Especially travel partners. An explanation of where eco profits are contributed would be helpful. Thank you, keep up the good work.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I have used Better World several times and have been very pleased with each encounter. This time my car stopped running at the entrance to I-70. The battery was fine so I had no idea what was wrong. It was 9:30 at night and dark. I called Better World and they were so helpful, and the tow truck came in about 20 minutes. I was towed home and then towed to the mechanic the next morning. I am so grateful and would recommend Better World to anyone.

Original review: April 15, 2017

After skiing one day my buddy buried his very large diesel pick up in a snow bank. He had AAA which he called. Their local provider refused to help saying it was too difficult a job and that was all AAA would offer. Then I called Better World and they kept calling local providers until they found one that came saved the day. My friend dropped AAA and now is a Better World true believer.

Original review: April 15, 2017

I had a membership for years, accidentally let it lapse for a few months. Then of course I needed help with my battery. I called and they reinstated the membership with a very small late fee, sent someone out who arrived quickly and took less than 5 minutes to jump the car and fill out the paperwork. I was very happy with the experience and will continue to use BWC.

Original review: April 15, 2017

We have been dealing with the Better World Club in every interaction. Every tow driver has always been professional and friendly. We plan to enhance our account to cover more of our vehicles and family. -Happy in Greenbelt

Original review: April 14, 2017

I had a great experience with Better World Club. You sent a technician from Pop-a-Lock in Oakland, California, who arrived promptly and helped me get my car running. He arrived in about 30 minutes, which made the experience very manageable. Thanks for the excellent service!

Better World Club Company Information