toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I needed help changing a flat because the bolts were rusted on. I was at my home, and thank goodness I didn't need to be at work or a pressing engagement (though I did miss a show I had been anticipating that evening) because it was over three hours from the time of call until someone showed up to help me. The guy was nice enough, but he clearly did not have a GPS and I had to talk to him the last five minutes of our call to "coach" him to my fairly-easy to find address. When he arrived, I learned he was sent from a location 1.25 hours from my home, and arrived without a jack! Luckily he had more weight on him than I did and was able to rig what I had here to do the job, but I am glad I wasn't stranded on the side of the highway, waiting, or like I said, had to work. I have been a longtime BWC customer, and expect better.

The driver arrived promptly and was extremely courteous. He had to tow my car because it was not supplied with a spare, just a "kit," and apparently he is not allowed to help with the kit for reasons of legal liability. He drove me and the car home. The next morning I called roadside assistance through Better World again and the driver took me to my mechanic for a tire change. This driver was also courteous and informative. I love Better World Club and recommend it to my friends.

My car's battery died and I needed a jumpstart to get to the dealer. My phone call was met by a friendly and accommodating person who explained the process and after a short exchange of information promised me a text to inform me of the time and specifics of the company I could expect to show up. In less time than what the estimate was, I received a text, as well as a phone call by the gentleman who helped get my car started. The whole process from phone call to being back running took approximately 30 minutes and left a very happy customer!

After several years of having BWC, I finally needed to use the roadside service three times over the past six months. Each time the service was late, leaving me sitting in my car waiting two of those times. The third time I used it I had requested service to my home; rather than calling the guy around the corner to bring my car less than a mile down the road, I had to wait an hour and a half for someone to come from 30 miles away.

I switched to Better World Club almost two decades ago and have always appreciated their service. BWC provides not only roadside service and maps but also service for bicycles. How cool is that? I like their monthly e-news. This is an environmentally conscientious business and I recommend to my friends, family, and colleagues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Better World Club?

Both the person I spoke with on the phone and the tow-truck operator were very friendly and helpful. The tow-truck arrived at my location in less than 20 minutes, and he called to confirm my location a minute or two after I had hung up with the woman who answered my call at Better World. It was one of the quickest towing experiences I have ever had.

I wasn't happy with the things that AAA stand for, and wanted a greener company to provide roadside support. I left AAA for that reason. I've stayed with the Better World Club because their service is very good. I've never waited a real long time for someone to come help. I love that I can have bike coverage too for my husband who bikes to work.

Service man arrived much SOONER than I expected! The young man was knowledgeable. So many service men don't know that the Prius battery is not under front hood; he did know this. He was courteous and pleasant to work with. I don't have service number. He was a tall young black man with medium length dreadlocks. Thank you.

I have needed BWC's Roadside Assistance several times over the past couple of years. Fast responses and very mindful of safety, which gave me peace of mind when my son hit a deer on a freeway far from home. Good job.

Well, I have had a number of Winter episodes on my steep driveway. But the last one was the most exciting - my car slid backwards and missed my wooden porch by inches. Happily the men from the towing services hoisted the back of the car and gingerly pulled it into a position so that I could drive it into the street. They were nice and efficient. I was very pleased not to have my porch damaged.

BWC is faster and better than AAA --no sense of entitlement, dishonesty, or intimidation when they show up. I've had to call in New Haven as well as Western Massachusetts (Monterey), and without fail it's the nicest gal or guy who shows up. My guess is it's all people who are a little more aware of what's going on in the world.

Battery start up. There in 10 minutes. Polite and efficient. Getting a little expensive and they need to increase their partners for discounts. Especially travel partners. An explanation of where eco profits are contributed would be helpful. Thank you, keep up the good work.

I have used Better World several times and have been very pleased with each encounter. This time my car stopped running at the entrance to I-70. The battery was fine so I had no idea what was wrong. It was 9:30 at night and dark. I called Better World and they were so helpful, and the tow truck came in about 20 minutes. I was towed home and then towed to the mechanic the next morning. I am so grateful and would recommend Better World to anyone.

After skiing one day my buddy buried his very large diesel pick up in a snow bank. He had AAA which he called. Their local provider refused to help saying it was too difficult a job and that was all AAA would offer. Then I called Better World and they kept calling local providers until they found one that came saved the day. My friend dropped AAA and now is a Better World true believer.

I had a membership for years, accidentally let it lapse for a few months. Then of course I needed help with my battery. I called and they reinstated the membership with a very small late fee, sent someone out who arrived quickly and took less than 5 minutes to jump the car and fill out the paperwork. I was very happy with the experience and will continue to use BWC.

We have been dealing with the Better World Club in every interaction. Every tow driver has always been professional and friendly. We plan to enhance our account to cover more of our vehicles and family. -Happy in Greenbelt

I had a great experience with Better World Club. You sent a technician from Pop-a-Lock in Oakland, California, who arrived promptly and helped me get my car running. He arrived in about 30 minutes, which made the experience very manageable. Thanks for the excellent service!

I'm so glad that I found Better World Club. Not only do they support better causes than that major automobile club, their customer service is superior and their roadside assistance is just as good. And the fact that they cover bicycles is fantastic.

I have had 2 roadside service requests. For each I was told to expect a 1 hour wait but I had to wait 2 hours and 3.5 hours, respectively. The delays were blamed on the local service providers but Better World Club is still the responsible party for contracting with those providers and not holding them to their obligations.

I received assistance within 45 minutes of getting off the phone. Tire was inflated enough to allow me to drive to have it repaired the same day. Very pleased with the service. Would recommend Better World Auto Club to anyone looking for a green alternative.

I've called for assistance twice in my two years in this club. Both times, the wait was well over two hours, even though I was told it would be under an hour. In both cases, I got a call saying the truck was on its way, then a second call stating the truck should have arrived. In both cases, the first company never showed up and a second service company had to be called. A subsequent call did not make clear why the first company never responded.

My truck wouldn't start at a nearby store - I called and Better World arrived within 30 minutes, while updating me via text - then jumped the battery. A few weeks later I locked my keys in the truck at another store. Again Better World arrived in about 30 minutes, with text updates, and was on my way after he opened the truck. All good.

For those who use and enjoy paper maps, Better World's service is great. The maps arrive in a timely fashion and having them gives me a 'big picture' look at various routes. They have been very helpful on road trips since I have a full look at a region or district without having to flip through multiple screens.

Ever since I discovered Better World Club, I have enjoyed their awesome road service and service to the world's environment! They are affordable, flexible, kind and expert at what they do. From AAA, I've had slow and rude service, and problems getting refunds when a police tow truck came before AAA did, rigidity and callowness. The fact that AAA spends millions or more to FIGHT public transportation bills is disgusting. They don't deserve a penny. I tell all my friends to switch to BWC, and that they will gain on all levels.

I had the unfortunate opportunity to use the service recently. All worked without issue except that since I was nearly 130 miles from home, I had to pay a significant amount to get my car home over the 100 miles that I was covered (additional $190). Otherwise, it worked out well.

Tow truck arrived promptly and on time. Driver was courteous and professional. Telephone dispatcher was courteous and professional. Total time from initial call to tow truck arriving was about 1 hour and it was unfortunately a heavy traffic time. These people will take care of you when you need it.

We called & told the BWC agent that we were not with the car but could be whatever time she said. She said that was OK & the repair guy would be there in an hour. But ten minutes later the repair person called and said he was there & since we weren't with the car, he was leaving (this actually took multiple calls back & forth between me, the repair guy, & the BWC agent). So we went to the car and called again. This time it took about two hours for the repair person to show up. Overall a very long and frustrating experience.

Better World Club Company Profile