AAA - American Automobile Association

87%

Compare Roadside Assistance Services

Research top Roadside Assistance Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

1,596people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with AAA - American Automobile Association:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

Upon referral of a friend who's a AAA member for over 20 years I got AAA Plus membership last year. On 21st of February I was travelling south bound on I-95 when I was close to Winch Rd intersection of I-95 in Maryland I realized my vehicle's lug nut was open so I pulled over right underneath Winch Road bridge on I-95 south bound I believe the town name is Port Deposit MD. I came out of my car suddenly and I didn't realize I locked my car key in the ignition with the running engine. I called AAA around 11:32 PM explained my problem that I need my tire to be fixed plus I'm locked out. I was provided reference number ** for my call. After a while I called again to check the status of my call I was told ROADSIDE SOLUTIONS ELKTON, MD. dispatched a driver for my help.

About 20 minutes later a driver pulled over behind my car in a pickup truck with a yellow light flashing on top of his truck. I explained him my problem I was facing. I realized he was so high he didn't even hear what I said. He ordered me to protect his back while he was trying to open the door so that no car gonna hit his back. As soon as he opened the door and ran back to his truck and locked himself inside the truck. I walked slowly to his vehicle and requested him to fix my tire as well. He opened about 6 inches of his window and yelled "I CAN'T DO THAT" I realized his poor situation he was in. I found it was better to fix the tire myself. I requested him if I could borrow his jack and tire wrench that I didn't have in my car unfortunately that night. He yelled again, "I don't have in my truck." (Imagine a AAA driver for roadside assistance having no jack and tire wrench on a service call for tire problem.)

I again realized he was not in his sense what he was doing. I again requested him to at least stay behind my car for my back up for few minutes at least let me check if I could fix my tire myself. He yelled again I can't stay for long time. He moved his truck at 10 yards behind my vehicle like I was a dangerous person. As soon as I came to my car I realized he was long gone. I called again AAA for help and said what their driver did to me in the middle of the night the operator asked she will call me back with the new dispatch status.

About 5 minutes later I was surrounded by bunch of K9 and state troopers. They said they got complaint from AAA that I ran over their driver with the tire wrench and metal rod and tried to hurt him. I explained humbly to the cops the situation I was facing for the last 90 minutes and I offered them to search my whole car and if they find any tire wrench or any metal rod I'll happily surrender my for arrest. One of the cops was kind enough to understand my situation and realized how AAA was behaving with me. He called another tow truck for my help. I had to pay $175 to take my car to the next exit where I had to pay again to fix my car.

I called again AAA and spoke to Mr. ** AAA midnight dispatcher who refused to help me and said he called cops on me for my help not to arrest me. He also said ROADSIDE SOLUTIONS ELKTON, MD who dispatched the driver might have filed complaint against me. That was the last time I used AAA and will never use in my life again. That was the worst lesson of my life. I recommend everyone not to use AAA especially if you're in Maryland. Drug addicted drivers might put you in trouble instead of helping you out.

Seemed to be a good idea to have road service on our vehicle for travel. I made the mistake of signing up for AAA online in 2014. Discovered after a couple months of being a member that we already had "road service and emergency coverage" thru General Motors extended warranty. Called to cancel our membership for any refund to our Visa card. Unfortunately failed to follow up on that only to discover that we had automatic deductions taken out for a further 3 years.

When it was discovered, and a refund was requested, I was informed that when we failed to "uncheck" the box on the online membership form for automatic withdraw, they legally were under no obligation to refund anything but current year. The agent specified that using "automatic payment" was a legal contract and they were under no obligation to refund anything but current year; regardless as to whether I was aware of the membership or not. Lesson learned: Read the fine print; carefully examine ALL boxes checked or unchecked; because if you are not careful, you may be obligated by law to pay whether you want the service or not. Total loss to me was $ 400.00 for membership we never knew about.

I have been subscribing to AAA Roadside assistance for over 20 years. Recently, I had family visiting us along with small children and we took them out for shopping in Cary Towne Center. While coming out of the mall, we found our car battery had died. I called AAA with my Plus membership number at about 8:00 PM on Saturday August 6th, 2016. They promised to send me a tow truck within one hour. The whole family waited outside until 9 PM and no one showed up. We called again and they said, it could take another 30 to 45 minutes. We found family to be in unsafe condition and had to call one of our friends to come and pick us up. We eventually ended up canceling the service call and managed to take our vehicle next day. But, I lost faith in AAA and they really do NOT appreciate their customers' sensitive needs.

At approximately 7:40 p.m. on Sunday (8/14/16) I called AAA due to a dead battery. The dispatcher advised this wasn't a problem and they would send someone from Affordable Battery by 8:30 p.m. The technician arrived at 8:16 p.m. and was very nice. I mentioned to him, as well as to dispatch, that I had been away for 2 months and my car had not been started during that time. He stated that was no problem, and proceeded to hook up the jumper cables. After a minute (3 or 4 tries) my car started right up. He let it run for a minute, maybe less, and removed one of the cables, at which point my car went completely dead again. I asked what happened, then he reconnected the cable back up to the battery which produced a significant amount of sparks.

The car started up immediately. He told me to turn off the car, which I did, and he proceeded to advise me that my battery was completely dead and I would need a brand new battery. He also claimed that the dead battery in my car had been discontinued. This battery was put in my car in April of 2015, also by Affordable Battery sent out by AAA. I asked the technician why I could possibly need a new battery, when the current one wasn't even 2 years old. He stated that the only way it would be covered under warranty would be due to a manufacturer defect, and 1 or 2 other reasons, and that "severe damage" was not covered under the warranty.

I was told "severe damage" included not starting the car for 2 months, as was my situation. I asked for the price and he rattled that off in a split second, down to the penny. The battery I purchased in August of 2015 was $15.00 less than the one I was told I needed. There was no offer of a prorated amount, or even a suggestion that may be an option. He then realized he didn't have any batteries with him and would have to go get one and come back. He went all the way back to his shop, came back over an hour later, and installed the new battery fairly quickly, took my check, gave me a receipt and his business card, and left. The technician was very nice, but I feel as if I got ripped off.

First of all, when I initially called AAA, I stated it was a dead battery issue. That being the reason for the call, the technician should have ensured that he had the proper battery in his truck. He left around 8:35 or 8:40 p.m., to pick up the new battery. Prior to his leaving, I advised the technician I had an early morning appointment across town and needed the car first thing. He did not return until approximately 9:40 p.m. Completely unacceptable that he arrived without the battery, and that I then had to wait for approximately hour for him to return.

There was a "Limited Warranty" condition circled on my receipt from August of 2015, which I pointed out to him. His only response to this was "we don't make any money off batteries." I find it hard to believe that a subcontractor for AAA doesn't make any money on installing batteries. Why can't AAA send out an actual AAA employee, as opposed to a subcontractor, who clearly has to make money to survive? I have read other reviews this evening, after this experience, and there seems to be a common theme that AAA Affordable Battery is a rip-off.

I have had my AAA membership for approximately 32 years and have barely ever had to use them. However, I will be filing a formal complaint with them and I will be demanding a prorated credit be returned to me. I fully believe that AAA Affordable Battery is a rip-off, and that AAA should stick to sending out THEIR OWN ACTUAL EMPLOYEES for simple things, such as a dead battery, to alleviate the appearance of impropriety and/or price gouging. Obviously, when I tell the technician I need my car for early Monday morning, and it's Sunday night at 8:15, any subcontractor knows they have you over a barrel.

I want to reiterate, the technician was VERY nice, despite my obvious infuriation at the news my battery was completely dead and would need to spend $150.00 to get a new one. Being a female, and not having much knowledge about car batteries, I'm a prime target. And by the way, the battery that was replaced in August of 2015 was over 6 years old, and was a battery that was purchased from AutoZone and installed by a trusted mechanic. The technician who came out in August of 2015 was amazed that the battery had lasted as long as it did. Seems to me AAA Affordable Battery is installing sub-par batteries, in the hopes that they will have plenty of "repeat business". I think a complaint to the BBB will be my next step after my complaint to AAA tomorrow. If I can, I will update this post if additional information, positive or negative, becomes available.

Pros: The benefits were great and came in handy when needed. Unfortunately, due to an employee I sadly have to give 2 stars. She truly ruined my views on the professionalism of this company. Sure sucks. Cons: Unfortunately, I received my first (and only) traffic ticket. Super minor violation. My bill went from $100/month to $180/month. I decided to continue service and pay for my mistake because so far I enjoyed the insurance benefits and the CS team.

After paying $180 for 2 months, my bill went up to $260/month. Curious, I called for an explanation. I was already paying an increased rate due to my one point, so why did it raise again if nothing else changed on my record? Instead of getting answers, I got yelled at by a CS rep. She told me "IT'S MY FAULT." and "That's what happens when you get a point. You got a point... RIGHT?!" Just flat out rude and condescending. I asked to speak to someone else and the rep informed me SHE was helping me and kept repeating it was "my fault, my fault, my fault". If there was a reasonable explanation for my bill I would have been happy enough to continue services. But that I'll never know because she refused to say anything else, and refused to transfer me. I told her I had no issue paying $260 (looking back, I was crazy), but I was going to look around and compare prices because I felt my question wasn't being answered.

The rep RAISED HER VOICE, said "EXCUUUSE ME!" every time I tried to get a word in and told me "Good luck finding anything cheaper. YOU WON'T." Ok so I like a challenge, so naturally I tell her I'll look around for something cheaper. And IF I find something cheaper, I'd call back and cancel. But I'd be happy to keep AAA if it truly was the cheapest. She asks me why I'd want to cancel and I tell her it was because I don't understand my price hike. She then hangs up on me.

A few hours later I call back in hopes of getting someone new... which I did. However, the very nice new rep informed me she showed that I cancelled my insurance 3 hours prior. I explain the situation, said I didn't request to cancel but the other rep must have done it out of anger. The rep explained they close in 30 minutes and unfortunately if I wanted to keep services, I had 30 minutes to decide. She very politely explained why: to avoid insurance lapses, better safe than sorry (advice I'll always remember). I did find a cheaper insurance so I called back and cancelled. I did let the rep know I'd stay with AAA if it weren't for that one employee. The rep said she understood completely and apologized for my experience. I really appreciated that... But sadly, I will never take being yelled. That's my deal breaker.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA?

I accidentally gave the roadside assistance agent my old AAA membership number. He said "Hold on. I'll call member services for you and get your membership number." Once he returned he had the wrong name and person membership number and told me it had expired and I just purchased the membership 2 weeks ago. I then told him "Can you tell me the membership number or name" and he told me "No I cannot give out that information." I was very confused of why he couldn't tell me the name or membership number that came up.

I told him he must have the wrong information. "I found the correct membership number. Can you please enter this." He told me "No you must contact member services. I cannot help you." I told him "I didn't want any help. I want you to input the correct information and send out a tow truck." Once again the guy was very arrogant and did not want to process my membership number correctly then passed me off to member services to be forgotten about. Cancelled the service the very next day. Very disgusted. Then was told refund would be given. Issued a check. Unacceptable. Paid with debit. Credit card payment taken immediately. Refund should be given the same way. Why should I wait 7 to 10 days for my refund when payment was taken immediately. Refund should be given immediately back to my bank card the way it was issued or cash at a Triple A location. Complete **.

On July 21, 2016: I came in for your assistance with Tags and Title after I moved from out of state to MD. I first called and discussed the service with someone. I also made a query online to be sure I had everything required. I was told no appointment was necessary. When I arrived I was referred to the waiting area for 1/2 hour. There were two Tag & Title people there to provide service. One customer. When I was called, the more senior of the two, a gentleman, called me over. He proceeded to waste my time trying to provide me reasons not to use the service. Cost and the fact that I was going to pay by cash seemed the primary objections. I had the distinct impression he thought this would be too expensive for me. Then he started in on how my papers had to be walked over to the Dept. of Motor Vehicle's office due to the car being a 2010 car. New rules apply to more recent cars. You'd think they did not want the business.

Then he involved the trainee. Things went downhill. She gave me the forms to fill out myself. She then whited out the inserts I made in the power of attorney form. Never mind that I am a lawyer. The gentleman corrected that back to what I wrote. Tick tock, folks. I came to save time. Then I was directed to the service counter to pay. There were two cashiers. I approached the gentleman. He looked everything over and then told the other female employee to do it. So I waited while she looked it over. And, yes, I paid cash. The Tag & Title man must have been shocked. I went back and waited while the two people at that desk made copies and had me sign more stuff. Then they directed me to the car service desk. The woman there said her computer was down. She plunked and plunked on it. Then she moved to the next machine. It was working. Still I waited.

She said nothing else to me other than the first remark. I waited ten minutes. Then she took calls that were on hold. One man was asked six times if he had ever been in the store before. He never did answer. But she persisted. I walked out and went to the dealer where I spent well over a thousand dollars on repairs and my inspection. They could have had that business. As I walked out in a huff the cashier who handed my Tag & Title payment to his coworker to handle asked me if I'd like to get an insurance review. That was hilarious! No. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

July 27, 2016: I returned to pick up my tags once they came in. I was told I should return after my car inspection. I was again told no appointment was necessary. The person was polite. August 2, 2016: When I returned to get my permanent tags at 9:30 am on August 2, I was told no one was in at Tags & Title. I could come back in a half hour. Seriously? These folks do this every day but have no cross-training program or a manager who can fill in?

I called their 888 number and went over to the Rockville office. Nothing will convince me to return to the Shady Grove office. The person on duty in Rockville was nice, but when I went to pay at the cashier's desk no one was there. I waited five minutes for that person to return to her desk. What is the point of so many warm bodies doing nothing? There were two men at cashier stations but they only handle automotive matters. I was asked if I wanted a AAA credit card or a AAA insurance review. Hilarious! Again, their commitment to service is terrible.

I called Triple A to jump off a battery on an SUV in the garage. The person finally arrived and performed a diagnostic teddy. Everything was fine except the battery needed to be charged. He suggested driving it around since it had been sitting. I sat in the garage for awhile and just let the motor run. After awhile, I backed the SUV out of the garage. The front door was not locked. The house key was in the key chain with the key that operated the SUV. Since the SUV had been running quite awhile, I turned off the car and locked the front door. When I turned it on the car wouldn't start. I got someone to jump it off. Although it had been running again it seemed like it was about to choke down. I didn't want to risk it on the road so I drove it back into the two car garage where another car was sitting with no battery. I turned off the SUV and went to turn down the garage and the SUV was in the garage, but not enough for the sensors.

I called triple A again and asked if the same guy could come back and jump the SUV off. I explained what happened. That he performed a diagnostic test but the battery still wouldn't work. The Triple A rep told me they would send someone out again, but it would cost me another free call. I didn't think that was right. I spoke with a manager who said the same thing. Do not use a Triple A. They want to rip you off by taking free service calls multiple times on the same call. Very bad customer relations.

Last night I experienced a flat tire. We called the service center and was put on hold for 45 minutes. Once they answered we were told there was a problem with our card. We were put on hold then hung up on. Called again. Put on hold for extended period then hung up on. Third time same result. Finally I change the tire myself. I registered my complaint with AAA numerous times the evening of the flat and twice since. No call back or any sign that they give a damn. Very disappointing. If you have AAA thinking you will be rescued quickly if your car breaks down, time to cancel it!

My son had a flat tire at 5:45 am - he has AAA Road Side Assistance. He contacted AAA and they stated that he wasn't covered but yet he had his card. I contacted AAA as I was confused as our membership is valid until 9/15/16. They told me that my membership was in full force but his was not - I asked why as I paid for it. They stated that his was not auto renewal. I said ok but now what are we to do? I have been a AAA customer since 1992 and told her that this was an emergency. She didn't care, wtf is wrong with these companies? HELLO IT WAS AN EMERGENCY... I contacted membership services and cancelled my membership - they didn't even care so AAA you suck...

I had car insurance with AAA. My policy was $147 a month and I never had a problem. I was never in an accident or had a ticket. Once my year mark came and my policy needed to renew, I got a letter saying my renewal would start July 31st and every month I owed $173. So my policy went up $30 a month for no reason. I didn't even ask them why because I found a policy with another company for $115 a month for the same coverage. I heard some companies used low rates to get you in then raise them, it's possible that was the case. But I am glad I never had an accident to deal with them. Just be careful.

I've been a AAA Plus Member since 1992 and haven't had any complaints in the service until I decided to have AAA install a new battery in my vehicle. Since first new battery was installed, I noticed that in about a week's time the battery would completely lose its charge and at that time I would call AAA to come and charge it and check battery. They have done this now three times which on one occasion the battery could be charged but again only lasts a week. So I called them again and this time they claim that something on my vehicle was draining it but they would go ahead and replace it. Again they replaced my dead battery after a week with what they claim to be a brand new battery.

Each time these batteries have been installed I noticed that when my keys are in the ignition and my door is open that I could barely hear the bell notification sound, it wasn't faint that I have mentioned this to each battery tech and they didn't seem to either care or listen to my complaint. The way I see it is that AAA installs rebuild batteries claiming that they are new OR all the new batteries are bad and have bad cells. Either way I'm sitting here today with yet another dead new battery that I took out of my vehicle and carried into an Auto shop to have them charge it for me. Well not only is it a dead battery but they informed me that it's bad and will not hold a charge. The last AAA Battery Specialist told me that I had a bad alternator and that he could tell just by the way it stalls out immediately after he removes the cables.

So I have my mechanic remove my alternator and I take it in to be tested and they proceed to tell me that my alternator is working fine. I'm so done with this AAA Battery ** and I now want my money back. I've wasted so much time going back and forth with them about their batteries and now even more time and money having my alternator taken out and tested that I'm now seeing RED!

TODAY my vehicle is going in to a shop so that my alternator can be put back in and the dead battery that remains in my vehicle again can be tested. When diagnosed I'm calling AAA to come and take their 3rd bad battery back and I expect a full refund now. I'm not going to have them put another dead draining battery in my vehicle again. I will post on this site the results of my request for a refund on their bad batteries. I have never had any trouble at all with any of my previous batteries until I had AAA Battery Service install a so-called new battery in 2015. A very Dissatisfied, Disgusted, Disappointed and Done AAA Plus Member since 1992.

I have requested, on NUMEROUS occasions, for information regarding the credit amount given when cancelling the Accord LX, and to date, has gone on deaf ears. Being a member of AAA for MORE THAN 30 years, and consequently cancelling my membership due to EXTREMELY POOR service, I thought POSSIBLY someone would respond to numerous other emails. When having cancelled the insurance on the HONDA, I was given a total of 3.00 credit... Why??? With the expiration of this insurance, and an accompanying home insurance at the end of the year, I am seriously contemplating the cancellation of both. Why, after being a member for 34 years, I should be treated in this manner.

On two different occasions I've been on hold for longer than 20 minutes, one of which was for a supervisor. I believe they transfer customers to a dead line to hold indefinitely until we decide to hang up. I've been a customer for over five years. They are aware of my vehicle and home address but refuse to tow my vehicle home because I was not with the vehicle. They claim they will need ID. The vehicle is registered to me and my home address has not changed in five years. I really don't see the problem. Do they think that someone with the exact same vehicle as mine is impersonating me and asking to tow their vehicle to my home? Ridiculous! They just lost a customer.

My daughters were traveling through Florida and broke down near Daytona Beach. It was over 95 degrees in the middle of the afternoon. It took almost an hour and a half for the tow truck to get there and he had a female passenger with him. Once he hooked up my daughter's car, he informed them that it was their policy to have them ride in the towed vehicle and not in the cab of the tow truck. Not being from Florida they thought this was normal business practice and they complied.

Because the battery was dead, they were not able to roll the windows down and quickly the car became unbearably hot and they had no way to communicate with the tow truck driver. By the time they arrived at the auto shop, they were drenched in sweat and sick from the heat. This is very serious and potentially life threatening and I believe illegal to have customers ride in the back of a towed vehicle. They lodged a complaint with AAA and have not received a return call and I tried to lodge a complaint and after being on hold 35 minutes, the line was cut off. This is not what I expect as a AAA member. I have always trusted AAA and now I don't. This is certainly not the customer service I expect.

I've been a AAA Plus member for more than 15 years. Last night my daughter's car broke down on I-75 right before the 217 exit. She called AAA and they said they would be there in 45 minutes. Not only did they not arrive when she called back they said they were "closed" and unable to help her for 3 hours and to call back then. When she called back they said they had no one to help her and no estimate of when she would get help. I called local towing companies and within 10 minutes found several towing companies that could help.

She broke down at 6 pm and was finally towed at midnight...and not by AAA! The whole reason I signed up for AAA was to protect my daughter on the road, afraid of her getting stranded and something bad happening to her! I called to complain this morning and they offered no explanations and a weak apology. I've researched AAA and similar companies and they all pay their towing companies pitifully so that's why the service is so poor. Now I will be using HONK, a new app that finds you quick roadside service like Uber. No fee for the app either. If you have AAA thinking you will be rescued quickly if your car breaks down, time to cancel it!

I have had two experiences with AAA roadside assistance: once in North Florida, and once in Northern Alabama. Both times, something happened to my car unexpectedly. Once related to tires/wheels and the other time the alternator. I called and had less than satisfactory treatment. In North Florida, I was told I didn't have the service, even though I had been paying for it for the last 6 months. I had to continue arguing on a dying phone about it, and had to call friends to get assistance with dealing with the situation. All in all, it took 3 and 1/2 hours for someone to show and tow my car.

In the second situation, I called from northern Alabama after my car quickly shut down after an alert related to the alternator and battery unexpectedly popped up. I was first told that a tow truck was on the way, but this was, in fact, a lie. That truck had gone to Memphis with a car. I was told a second servicer would be on his way to me. 30 minutes later, I receive a notification that the tow truck had just left and would take 20 minutes longer than expected. This was all happening late at night, barely on the side of a dark highway with vehicles going close to 70 mph in the lane about 30 feet from the car. I had no other option (see: rural Alabama) and had to wait. I'm not sure if this is an issue via call centers or some of the locally sourced tow work, but these are two similar experiences in different regions, both with poor results. For what I pay, I expect better.

I call AAA three time and got hang up on all three time. I had blow out on 275 with my baby in the car. The third time I call the lady she told me she can't help me unless I get AAA. I paid 77 dollars. She got all my information then hang up. A man that was driving by help me. AAA never call me back. Poor services.

On 6/25/16 at 11:30 pm my husband called AAA to tow his motorcycle. At 12:30 am they told him that they were having trouble finding a tow company to tow the motorcycle & one that could do a long distance tow. By 2 am still no tow & he was finally told he could call a commercial tow company & AAA "should" reimburse for the tow or he could stay in a hotel & tow it in the morning. He called me at that point.

I called AAA spoke to a supervisor in the road service (RS) department, advised her I had been a AAA member for 25 years & have had premier since it was first offered, she called the dispatch supervisor. When she came back to me she said they were calling all the tow companies again to find us a tow. By 3 am they finally called my husband and told him a tow company would be there in 90 mins. At this point I jumped in our truck & drove down to where he was (45 mins from our home), put the motorcycle in the back of our pickup & got him home. By the time we left we still had not seen a tow truck. Oh & this is not the worst of it. I had the RS supervisor create a complaint claim with member experience.

On Monday morning I called the member exp dept. The guy I spoke there just kept saying they just got the claim & have not had a chance to review or investigate. He wouldn't even get me a supervisor when I requested it. At this point I posted on AAA Northern California, Nevada & Utah Facebook page & tweeted on their Twitter. I also tweeted to ML Doney's (CEO of AAA National) personal twitter account, sent an email to ML Doney & R Darbelnet, the CEO & COO of Operations.

The AAA of Northern CA FB, messaged me asking for my member number & said a manager would contact me. So far I haven't heard from anyone. I messaged on FB again they said a manager had tried to call me, but couldn't get a hold of me. I have check the vm on my cell & home number and there was nothing from a AAA manager. I cannot believe we had to wait 5 hours for NO tow to show up & now they don't even have the courtesy to contact me to resolve this issue. I am so disappointed in AAA.

I called for service at 7:02 pm. Told my car would have wrecker service by 8:05 pm. It is now 10:01 pm and I am still waiting for this tow service. Called AAA. Had to wait 20 minutes on hold for a supervisor to say "do you still want service? We can locate another service to come out." If this was the first time I received this poor service it would of been different story, but in March one of my car broke down on the interstate, my kids were in the car, we were stranded on the interstate from a call to AAA at 11:54 am and the car was finally picked up at after 7:00 pm.

My car did not start, my kids were cold, hungry and in harm's way by this poor service. Now mind you I have been a RV Plus member since 1999 and it is 2016. I have been a loyal customer, went years without using the service but paid my dues. AAA poor service is all I can say and will be putting my loyalty and money with another roadside assistance group. By the way slow texter and still no wrecker.

I went in to AAA, travel on Ray Rd in Chandler, AZ and the person that was supposed to help me was rude, angry and loud. I complain online on AAA and they said they apologize but they do not understand what happen. That person that helped me is a good employee. So what does that mean? I am crazy? Tell me you looked into it and reprimanded the person not you do not know what happen. If a customer complains and gives you feedback you should be thankful. An opportunity to fix something. No wonder why American companies are losing business, do not know how to service customers.

My transmission went out in my truck. I called for a tow. They told me they would be here within an hour but that I couldn't have three passengers which included me and my two sons. So I arranged for a ride for my children because I had to stay with the car. That's what I was told. I called again after the hour. They told me another 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes the tow truck showed up with two men in it. No room for me. So now they take my truck and I'm standing here 34 miles from home. I have no ride because I was told I had to stay with the truck. So now I have to walk all the way walking home. These people are a joke. I won't be wasting my time after my year is up. Thanks for nothing.

We had AAA Roadside Assistance change batteries in both our cars in the past 2 years. Both batteries went bad in the same week. My husband's battery read as bad and AAA replaced it. My battery read as ok, so AAA said something in my car was draining.

Similar to another recent reviewer in Tampa, FL, I encountered an issue with my just under 2 year old AAA battery. My car began experiencing problems holding a charge and got progressively worse over a 4-day period. On the final day (5/26/2016), I was able to get the car started after some difficulty and called AAA battery service expecting them to run a test showing it was faulty. It "passed" the basic test and the tech was not able to override the testing tool to force it to run a full second-level test.

Because it "passed" the test, AAA would not replace the battery under warranty. I then took the car to my local Honda dealer and had them replace the battery and have had no further issues. I submitted a request to AAA Member Services for a reimbursement credit that I could use for future annual road-service membership renewals. They would not provide any form of reimbursement for the failed AAA battery which should have been replaced under warranty. I've been a AAA member for about 25 years and have used the battery service to replace a couple vehicle batteries in the recent past. Frankly, I would've been satisfied with reimbursement in some form for a portion of the total expense I incurred to replace the AAA battery (about $145). Based on this extremely poor customer service I will likely not purchase any other AAA batteries in the future.

Our car broke down and we promptly called AAA. The person assisting had obvious problems with comprehension and spelling. After 30 minutes, my husband was told that the car would be towed but we would have to wait 40 minutes. We contacted AAA 4 times and each time they said it would be another 30 minutes. A towing company called to ask what type of car he would have to tow. He did not have the details because the job had been farmed out to him by the official company that AAA deals with in Milwaukee.

Remains to be seen whether the person who will eventually tow our car is an approved AAA service person. The last time we called AAA the person said that there were 22 comments on this incident file. Also, the police stopped and told us that we should be gone within 2 hours... and that was 3 hours ago. What happens if we get a fine, is AAA guilty of not being able to fulfill their service agreement or do they continue to get away with contemptuous service?

I went to the Redlands AAA office yesterday to renew my car license. The whole atmosphere was cold and hostile. The people who work there were not happy. They were even rude to customers. When I moved to SoCal a year ago, the business was warm and friendly. What happened??? I am considering leaving AAA.

On Father's Day, I broke down approx 10 miles from 48286 Vicksburg Rd., Salome AZ, Exit 31, going West on Hwy I-10 towards California border to Blythe, CA. I called AAA at 4:30 p.m. The temperature was 118 degrees, I'm 55 years old. I sat there for almost 4 hours. I was approx 40 miles from Blythe CA., and 20 miles from Quartzsite, Az. The tow truck showed up at 8:15 p.m. During that time I saw two tow trucks pass me by, hauling nothing and not one DPS Arizona Highway officer drive by. I've been a AAA customer for over 20 years and by the way my tow cost $198.00.

Locked my keys in my car and Cody out of Indianapolis was great!! Thanks so much!!

Purchase a battery for my wife's mini van with the understanding it had a 3 year warranty. The battery is now 2.5 years old and won't hold a charge for more than a day. AAA has been out on 4 different occasions with 4 different people. All tested the battery good but the car has to be jumped to start it. They simply won't replace the battery under warranty because their tester won't show it as being bad. I will go to Walmart this evening and purchase a new battery so my wife does not get stranded again. AAA simply will not honor their warranty!

I rented a car to travel to Lexington, KY. While there, I had to have the car replaced due to mechanical issues. The first wrecker driver tried to convince me that the car was okay to drive. I made him take it anyway. I was far from home and was not taking any chances. The replacement car that was brought to me had expired tags.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

Founded in 1902, AAA is a group of 69 affiliated motor clubs in North America. They have locations in every state and many countries. They offer 24-hour roadside assistance, including assistance for international members in the U.S.

• Trip planning tools: Premium plan holders get access to free trip planning tools through TripTik.
  • Covers members, not vehicles: Members are entitled to roadside assistance services, regardless of the vehicle they are driving.
  • Covers RVs in some states: Apart from covering rental vehicles, AAA also has coverage plans for RVs and trailers in some U.S. states.
  • A huge network: The motor club has been around for more than 100 years, which gives it the advantage of having a vast network of service providers in place.
  • Travel-interruption expenses: Premium members get travel-interruption reimbursements of up to $1,500 if their car breaks down during a vacation.
  • International Travel: Passports and international license services are provided at their locations.
  • Car Repair: Discounted auto insurance is available in many states as well as auto repair centers.
  • Driver Training: A new driver training and insurance discount course are offered through AAA.
  • Best for AAA roadside assistance service is best for multiple-car owners as well as frequent vacationers.

Compare Roadside Assistance Services