AAA - American Automobile Association

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About AAA - American Automobile Association

AAA sells a wide variety of insurance types, including auto insurance, home insurance and life insurance. AAA doesn't participate in the InsuraMatch program. If you'd like help selecting the best insurance policy for your needs, contact InsuraMatch to get quotes from their partner insurers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

AAA - American Automobile Association Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

My name is Natalie ** and we had a tire blow out on the road. My son was in the car and has Autism so any stress can make him panic and have a stressful meltdown but he said, "Mom that man was so nice and made me feel so comfortable with his personality and how quick and easy the whole thing went making it a wonderful experience during a stressful time." This happened behind Fred Hunters on S University Dr. in Davie Fl on Nov,1,2022 at approx 1:45 pm. He is a asset to your company and more workers should be as personable, and knowledgeable like him. He was amazing and we Thank him again for his great service.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I have been a AAA member since college and only used its services when my car had issues. They were always reliable when I would call. Some days I would need to wait longer for their services due to high demand but they would always be there and never not showed up. My fiance and I were planning our honeymoon and my mother suggested we use AAA travel service, she said it was free for members. Well, we contacted AAA, and set up an appointment, they asked us where we were traveling and what dates, etc.

By the time we got to our appointment the travel agent had everything taken care of, a variety of flights and times for us to choose from, places to stay to choose from, prices, and papers printed off for things to do. All we had to do was pay for our plane tickets, rental car, and hotel rooms. After we left the travel agent kept in contact with us letting us know of changes and telling us what we should do with said changes. It has been great and I highly suggest using them next time you decide to go on a trip!

Get buying tips about Roadside Assistance Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2022

On snowy winter night I called Triple A for a tow. I got flat tire on hwy and pulled off the tow was prompt but the tow co. didn’t want to tow me to Pennsylvania so they opted for tire change. Strangely the tow driver call over radio for help in changing tire from his co. RONS towing. Between the two of them they didn’t tighten the lug nuts so ten miles later my wheel came off on hwy. I called Triple A and they told me to call 911 since I was in middle of hwy my vehicle was totaled from this, however Randy from Triple A north and Alisha from New Jersey Triple A helped me file a claim and I was reimbursed by them for damages the towing company caused I’ve always used Triple A and for my loved ones they come faster too.

Don’t just think that your roadside service from your insurance company is enough. It’s the times slower and you don’t get the miles covered like AAA does. Triple A is the best for you and your family! Thanks AAA for your reliable coverage I’ll always use them.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I had gone to the grocery store, only to come out and find that my car wouldn’t start. It was late at night and I was beat. I called AAA and in 30 minutes a gentleman named Koffi arrived to assist me. He tested my battery, determined that it was dead and told me that he could replace it there and then. I was ecstatic, but it gets better. He called AAA to see if my new battery would be covered by my membership and it was. Doubley ecstatic. He could had just charged me the $189 and kept on moving, but he took that extra step and it saved me a lot of money. He is an asset to the company. Many thanks, Koffi!!

Original review: March 11, 2022

In the past week, I've needed to call AAA on two occasions: for a dead battery and to tow my car that had a flat tire. In both incidences, I received excellent service on the phone, in the quick responses, and in person. The battery was quickly analyzed, determined it was dead and a new battery installed! The tow truck driver was most helpful and got the spare tired inflated so I could drive it to the tire store. I've had AAA for over 30 years (in Arizona, California, and Minnesota). Even though I have rarely needed to call them, when I have needed help, I've always received courteous, helpful, and quick service. Thank you to all who work at AAA - from those who take the phone calls, to those who meet with the customers to help solve their car problem!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Was told a tow driver would be available within 60-90 minutes. 2 hours later a tow driver called and said his dolly was broken and would schedule another driver which never happened. Was told I would have to be there on site for a tow. It was getting late and cold when the driver scheduled me for 9pm after the first call for service was placed at 1pm. I first requested a rollback as the distance was long and to have a dolly driver be scheduled was the first miscommunication, having to call several more times through the automated system after several hours.

One of the representatives hung up on me and was exceedingly rude. It was getting late and cold and could have been a dangerous situation for a family to be asked to wait so many hours for assistance. I had to leave the the vehicle as the temperature was 30 degrees and falling. After the terrible experience that day I have decided not to renew my membership after so many years and referring friends and family to the benefits of AAA.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

#PSA @AAACares for roadside assistance uses #misleading advertising. #lawyers should pay attention. Signed up for #membership, got web confirmation & email indicated membership is active immediately, got cards. YET go to use it, 72 hr wait period so charge you $$$ equivalent to another membership. Not even in fine print. Can you believe any offer?

Most people don't know they will charge you the cost of your membership if you call road side assistance within 72 hours of paying and activating your membership. No active consent like a check box acknowledgment. It is a link buried in the fine print at the bottom of the page. Then AFTER you have paid and received web confirmation with cards to download. The subsequent email confirmation with additional links to download your card says EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY.

Last I checked, "immediately" wasn't 72 hours. Buried in the footer in small print is the 72 hour notice. And call in to get a refund, thinking it was an error, all you get is a big HAND in your face saying THAT'S THE POLICY (not even a sorry for burying it and not letting you know at your time of purchase). On the positive...Initially they told me my wait was going to be 2 hours. I'm like I'll figure out how to change my own tire in that time frame... But then they called back and I had someone helping me in 20 minutes.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

We have been members for several decades. We have a commercial vehicle. AAA referred an affiliate to insure it. We had a catalytic converter stolen. Their referral will not pay the dealership to repair it.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Our truck had to be towed. AAA sent out their recommended McCarty's Pro Towing. McCarty's Pro Towing delivered our truck to our local mechanic. Upon picking up our truck, the truck bed cover was gone. Camera photos from the pickup location show the bed cover is on the truck bed and the camera of the tow truck at the mechanics shop show the bed cover gone. McCarty's would not take responsibility for the loss. We contacted AAA to file a complaint and they only spoke to McCarty's and did not get our evidence or ask any questions and closed our case. Beware of who AAA recommends. What a disappointment after being a AAA member for 12 years.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I needed a simple jump start at my home in a city on a weekday morning. First told they would come in 90 min. Then 2 hours. Then radio silence. No one showed up and no explanation given. I deeply regret buying this membership but thankfully I only purchased one year basic. I wish I had read these reviews before wasting my money. I found out later that you can purchase roadside coverage with your car insurance which is generally much more reliable.

AAA author review by Lauren Fix

Founded in 1902, AAA is a group of 69 affiliated motor clubs in North America. They have locations in every state and many countries. They offer 24-hour roadside assistance, including assistance for international members in the U.S.

• Trip planning tools: Premium plan holders get access to free trip planning tools through TripTik.

• Covers members, not vehicles: Members are entitled to roadside assistance services, regardless of the vehicle they are driving.

• Covers RVs in some states: Apart from covering rental vehicles, AAA also has coverage plans for RVs and trailers in some U.S. states.

• A huge network: The motor club has been around for more than 100 years, which gives it the advantage of having a vast network of service providers in place.

• Travel-interruption expenses: Premium members get travel-interruption reimbursements of up to $1,500 if their car breaks down during a vacation.

• International Travel: Passports and international license services are provided at their locations.

• Car Repair: Discounted auto insurance is available in many states as well as auto repair centers.

• Driver Training: A new driver training and insurance discount course are offered through AAA.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

AAA - American Automobile Association Company Information