AAA - American Automobile Association

Compare Roadside Assistance Services

Research top Roadside Assistance Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am a AAA client for more than 10 years. First in Tennessee then in Texas. Today was the third time that I needed them (I don't need them very often) and they never showed up. I'm cancelling my membership because why should I pay for a service that I never get. They made me wait almost two hours at a Walmart parking lot (my car ran out of battery. All I needed was a simple boost) and never came. A good Samaritan just came over and offered me help. Hard to believe in Texas! Anyways, going back to the AAA experience, it was real bad. It was 2 in the morning when I got home.

I have been a member of AAA for 36 years. I have had my cars insured through them for around 30 years and my home insured through them for around 18 years. Over the years AAA has cut back on the free services they offer. Mostly this didn't bother me since I didn't use those services much anyhow. However, recently I got a letter in the mail for AAA telling me that they won't be renewing my home owner's policy because our Jacuzzi didn't have water in it. The problem with this is that my Jacuzzi always has water in it. So I called AAA up and told them that my Jacuzzi always has water in it. Plus I didn't recall anyone calling to come to our property and inspect it. Sometimes AAA will send someone to look at a property and take photos.

I also pointed out that it would be impossible for someone to stop by our property and see the Jacuzzi because we keep the gates to our back yard locked. So the rep contacted the underwriter and asked about it. Turns out the person at the underwriter looked at a satellite photo of our property and because she could not see water in the Jacuzzi, she assumed there was none. Last time I checked, water is clear. It is typically impossible to tell of something contains water unless you get very close to it. Obviously you cannot tell from a satellite photo. Plus I pulled up the satellite photo and not only could I obviously not tell if there was water in the Jacuzzi, the photo itself had to be a minimum of two years old!

This is the most unprofessional conduct I have seen in a long time. The underwriter was too lazy to make an appointment to see the house and too ignorant to realize water is clear and you can't see it from a satellite photo. AAA did send someone to my house to photograph the Jacuzzi. However, I still have not been told if this is cleared up. So as long as I can match their price or beat their price, I have decided to cut all ties to AAA. It has been my policy all my life to blacklist companies that demonstrate such incompetence or irresponsible customer service.

Additionally, so far it's looking like dropping AAA will actually save me some money. For so many years I just renewed my policies without shopping around. I think that was a mistake. Also, the AAA membership is not really worth all that much. No more than I use the services, I'm money ahead. Plus there are so many other roadside assistance services out there. Do your homework, even some credit cards offer the service. In fact you might have another service and not even know it. AAA has gone downhill quite a bit.

NO STARS: When backing out of a driveway, the driver side rear wheel went into a ditch. AAA sent this company out and a young man completely connected the chain wrong to my car resulting in a bent tie rod, need for 2 new front tires, and an alignment. The driver quickly jumped in his truck and didn't even give me sheet to sign. I escalated this through AAA corporate. The owner called once, said he would talk to driver next day and call me back. He NEVER called me back even after I have left messages. This cost me $500 and they should be reimbursing me for the damage they caused to my car. Do not use their services. I had to call AAA again to find out claim denied by owner. Driver LIED and said we asked to use his chains and not put on rollback. The owner would not even call me back himself after multiple attempts and messages I have left.

The owner finally called me back 11/18. He was very condescending and called me a liar without saying the exact words. He stated AAA closed the ticket multiple times and he was tired of dealing with it. That AAA doesn't own his company and he was told he doesn't have to do anything to rectify this situation. He belittled me and called me a liar in 3 ways. This is not a professional. He was so rude. I have logged multiple complaints. AAA issued a ticket, hasn't resolved, and also didn't contact me that a claim has been "denied". They just put me in touch with the tow company they sent out. No one is taking responsibility. This has been going on for over a month without any resolution.

My truck broke down 2 nights ago and it took AAA over an hour to come out. I get towed to the station, which informs me they are closing in 30 minutes and couldn't do anything with my car till the next day. Wasted tow. Call AAA again and said I wanted a long distance tow, since I was in Timbuctoo, and had nowhere to go. They attempted to discourage me from using a long distance tow, telling me it would be several hours before they could make it out. I insisted on the tow and they were there within an hour. Nice! I get towed in at 9:30 in the evening to my home.

Two days later, I call AAA for a tow to the Chevy dealer with my truck. They inform me that since I was already towed, they will not tow this vehicle any longer. Since I had a 200 mile tow and 3 100 mile tows, who the hell do they think they are, telling me how to use my tows? I now have to call a tow truck and pay out of pocket. I won't be renewing. ** triple A! The attitudes and trying to talk me out of this and that. I will sign on with another service. At 200.00, AAA isn't cheap at all and they can keep their attitudes and lack of service.

The receptionist is not very friendly or courteous. In my opinion I find her to be rude to unreceptive. Which is weird since her job has to do with greeting people. She is the first impression of the AAA organization as we walk in the door. However, she has that look on her face that says "I HATE MY JOB." Not sure if her previous jobs were at the DMV or some other hostile place like a prison reception. She never wears a name tag. I would really like to know her name so that the right person can be addressed. I can only describe her as short, medium build, light complexion, black curly hair shoulder length. No accent, maybe Hispanic or Middle Eastern descent. The other staff are very nice, courteous, and friendly. Thinking some customer service training is in order. If it is personality driven I would not want her representing my company. When I see her as the only person at the counter I dread going to the desk.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA?

The worse customer service ever! They lack the tools needed to provide at least the minimal amount of service! Uncoordinated and untrustworthy! Waited for over 3 months to resolve an issue that was suppose to be resolved within 30 days, according to one of their employees. To make a long story short, I submitted a reimbursement form before I went on a three week vacation. I called the day I left and they said it was being process, that I had to wait 30 day. On returning in mid-August I figure I'll give them a courtesy call. When doing so found out that it hasn't even started to be processed, to give it a 7-10 days. After that I called again, and they said they couldn't find the paperwork, to give it another week or so. From there they keep giving me the "call next week" excuse. This keep on going for weeks and spoke to several of people, and it's like no one knew what the hell was going on. It became very ** frustrating.

Started to think they were doing deliberately. So I figure why, stress, and wait it out. Now it's mid-November. I finally got my refund, instead of refunding me the full amount like stated from the beginning, or as a courtesy because of all the lies, **, and incompetent service that was provide I was refunded 51% of refund. It's better than nothing, but now I know for next time "IF" there ever was to be a next time. I don't know what else to say but with technology these days it shouldn't have taken that long. My suggestion is when planning a service plan, I believe more emphasis should be put into proper training and communication. FYI the waiting wasn't the problem, the unreliability, untrustworthy, and the lack of communication within AAA's Mid-Atlantic Customer Relations caused the issue.

I have been a member for 19 years. Called for a change of tire. After 90 minutes called back. Nobody came. They assured me 40 minutes that someone would be there. I am sitting here for close to 3 hours. The agents are nasty and then when I get mad they tell me to calm down. Jenelle and the boss Al were short and abrupt. They put me on hold so I had to call back. If you do not have AAA, then don't buy. Ridiculous.

I got a flat tire traveling back home with my wife and our 2 dogs. We were still a ways out so I called AAA for a tow (I am paying for the service so why not). I was checking on the car when the AAA finally answered. My wife talked to the CSR and told me he was rude and tried to make her feel as if she didn't know where she is at. She told him we were southbound on I25 a mile north of exit 257. He kept telling her that she was northbound. I finally talked to him and said I needed a flat bed for my AWD car. He told me someone was being dispatched.

One hour goes by and no update. I call again and speak to a different rep. He tells me that a driver will be at my location in 20 minutes. I asked for the trucking company's name and he said he didn't know which one it will be. To me this meant that no one was even on their way until I called again. 2 hours go by before I receive a call from the driver.

He asks me if I was south of 257. I told him that the AAA rep was wrong and that we were north of 257 in the southbound lane. The driver finally arrived and if it wasn't for his great personality and willingness to help I would have canceled my AAA later that night. I have used AAA many times before and this is the first time that I had a bad experience with the CSR's over the phone. If the trend continues I will definitely be looking for AAA alternatives.

I tried 3 times to get my car towed!!! All three times I waited over 2 hours and they never showed up!!! Then I find out that for one of these calls AAA charged me for a tow!!! They never touched my car!!! I had to leave for work after 3 hours and they say they showed up after 4 hours!!! This is a scam!!! They do everything to avoid towing your car!!! Never use AAA!!!

On 11/1 I called at 2:07 pm for a tow due to flat tire. I received a confirmation text for service at 2:20. Then I received a text my truck was dispatched at 3:22 with an ETA of 3:54. But mind you I was on I71 on shoulder where no one goes 65, they fly by 75, 80. The first 2 agents stated they agreed I was in an UNSAFE AREA... that I was a "priority". Then at 4:06 I received a call from a AAA NUMBER stating his driver can't locate me. 2 HOURS AND YOU CAN'T FIND ME. BS. THEY NEVER TRIED. I GAVE THEM MY LOCATION BETWEEN EXIT 25 AND 26... I was the only car broke down with hazards. Then he says, "Well we had car accidents before you so we are behind." Then he hung up. I call back...

Fast forward to 6:30 a police officer pulled up behind and I showed him all my texts from AAA and phone call logs. He said, "Lady they are not coming. It is dangerous for you to be here on the highway by yourself. I can't believe you have been here over 4 hours." Then AAA tells me I have to pay a private tow company and they will reimburse me. Then at 6:56 a supervisor calls named, "Alex"... and says "I am so sorry didn't anyone tell you, DISPATCH IS DOWN!!!" I said "don't you think if I would have know 5 hours ago you were not coming because dispatch is down I would have called a private company, towed it to tire discounters and then gone home in 2 hours vs. 5 1/2 hours and no resolution.

So now I have to miss a half days work... call AAA again to be towed to tire discounters on 11/2. Do not waste your money... especially if you are a woman. They lie to you and say you are next, a priority and say they feel bad that the highway is unsafe. Remember current AAA customers that these calls are all recorded. Spread the word. I will be cancelling my membership tomorrow. The only good thing that happened, a kind police officer got me a tow truck in 20 minutes with 1 call.

I've been a member of AAA for years and have never needed their service. In fact I was thinking of canceling my membership. Then earlier this month the steering on my wife's truck failed and we needed a tow. And yesterday on vacation our battery died and we needed a new one. In both cases the very first question I was asked was: "Are you safe?" Yes. In both cases help was dispatched quickly. Both times our troubles were sorted out quickly turning potentially major issues into minor inconveniences. Companies like AAA hear a lot of negatives when people are mad because they didn't get their way but people rarely take the time to tell them when they're doing a good job. Thank you AAA for jobs well done. And extra kudos to Andrew ** from AAA Orlando for a great job changing out our battery in the parking lot of our hotel. His courteous and friendly manner is an asset to AAA and its members!

On October 17, 2016 I had a flat tire - the sidewall was torn. So when AAA showed up I was hoping for him to put on my spare and I would go to my mechanic to have what needed to be done for a new tire. The driver of AAA told me that my spare could not be put on because it was rusted around the lug nuts and it was against AAA policy to put it on and he called a tow truck...the tow truck came and I was towed to my mechanic.

My mechanic told me that was complete BS that the first AAA person did not put on my spare to only drive 3 miles. I was furious with the way this all went. It was aggravating and I was totally inconvenienced. Then I called AAA back that afternoon to complain about this experience and the girl connected me to a supervisor of which I left a voicemail and I HAVE not heard a word from anyone to talk to me about my awful day. Thank you AAA. I thought after all the years and my first complaint that I would receive better service than I got. I need answers to why this driver would tell me a fabricated story of why he could not put my spare on...and then wait some more for a tow truck. Very dissatisfied.

Called AAA with a dead battery at 1:38 pm. Dispatcher told me they would be there by 2:20 pm. At 2:25 pm, got a text they would be here by 2:50 pm. Called to find out why eta had changed, and it would now take over an hour. Rep said they were busy, but she assured me they would be there by 2:50. At 2:50 pm, someone from AAA called and said it would be another 10 - 15 minutes. Called AAA back and asked to speak to a supervisor. She didn't even state her name and acted totally uninterested in what I was telling her. What a terrible company AAA has become!

My best friend and I were at a football stadium parking lot and after the game discovered he had a bad battery. He also discovered that triple A does not service vehicles in stadium parking lots and vehicles on the interstate and bridges. I did not know this but now that I do I will cancel my membership and save the yearly fee in an envelope each year.

I have been a AAA member for over 8 years and used the service twice over this time period. I make on time payment and should receive the service and respect I deserve from Collen in the Washington DC customer service area and all the other customer service reps. Customer service is zero. I had my keys and documents locked in the car, and called for help since I did not have my spare key with me at the time. I did not have all my information because it was looked up in the car, the representative was so rude and definitely not helpful at the time I needed help. I was transferred several times and ended up staying on the telephone for 50 minutes before I was told they would get me assistance in another 2 hours. I eventually got some help but I am going to cancel my roadside membership and use my regular insurance company's offer for roadside assistance.

In 2014, we decided to get AAA due to age of our vehicles and never knowing when something might arise that we would need a tow. Lo and behold during a snow storm in early 2015, our minivan was stuck. We called AAA for a tow. They refused saying if we were stuck, they may get stuck and therefore would NOT send someone out. I told them I highly doubt that a towing vehicle, with its weight, would get stuck in a few inches of snow, as our AWD SUV was just fine. We ended up having to use our SUV (without a tow hitch) to pull the van out of the stuck spot. While on the phone and telling them how disappointed we were in their response they needed to go ahead and cancel our service as obviously it was doing us no good. Fast forward to today.

As I'm looking at our bank account, I notice a payment to AAA on the 1st for renewal. I go back to October of 2015 and see the same charge. I call them asking why we are being charged when we never renewed? Was told by Lexie that I chose the auto renewal option. She will refund this year, but last year is too bad because I didn't call then. I told her under no circumstances have I EVER checked anything for autorenewal and I'm quite certain is was a prepopulated check somewhere in the fine print that I never saw. I asked repeatedly to speak to her manager. After the 10th time I had to ask if she was stupid or deaf? Lexie ended up hanging up on me.

The rep I spoke to when I called back was nicer but still somewhat rude and refused to rebate the 2015 charge because there was no note in the system from that call in early 2015 that I wished to cancel, and surely their "brilliant" 10th grade educated morons would write that in the notes. AAA was fantastic in the 80's and early 90's. Obviously based on the horrible reviews I've seen here, I am not alone in thinking they need to be investigated and put out of business. I fully intend to contact BBB as well as the local news investigation teams to have them look into this. AAA is shady and they are thieves.

Called AAA. They said we are in dangerous spot, would make our roadside call a priority. An hour later I called them back. They put me through to another AAA office and they said “We are backed up but will be there soon.” Another hour of waiting on side freeway in hot sun called again. The dispatcher said "Well we will get there when we can." Tow guy said he passed us a few times but just received call. It's been over 3 hours no one has come to help? Called again. They gave us more runaround... still don't know if anyone is coming.

I am extremely disappointed in your "service". I phoned on October 1st at 11:45 AM to ask for someone to come out and jump start my battery. I was initially told it would be 1 hour. After 11/2 hours, I phoned again, was placed on hold, and finally told that the towing company (METRO) was running late and would be at my residence in 30 minutes. After waiting another 45-60 minutes, I phoned again and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told that the towing company (METRO) would be at my home "soon" (car was in my garage). Finally, at 4:00 PM, I receive a call from a METRO driver, who was VERY rude, telling me he'd be there soon.

A few minutes later, I receive a call from another towing company you work with (ADVANCED); this driver was at my home in 15 minutes. Interestingly, the METRO driver finally did drive by, saw the other tow truck, drove down to the end of a long cul-de-sac, waited for ten minutes, turned around, and left. No word to me. Ironically, ADVANCED is located in my county (Nassau), about 15 minutes away from where I live. METRO is in Jacksonville, approximately 45 minutes (without traffic) from my home. The ADVANCED driver informed me that this was the second such incident of the day (METRO was called by AAA, didn't show up for 3 hours, customer lived in Nassau County)! Obviously, AAA should have contacted ADVANCED first. Additionally, AAA should have been in contact with whomever the towing company was to be used. You never did. I was never contacted by METRO or AAA.

I would like a phone call. I would like to know that your company cares about customers. What would have happened if I had been on the side of a road somewhere?! I have always associated AAA with customer care and diligence; I trusted you and was, apparently, very wrong in doing so. Do you value me as a customer? If so, how will you reflect this value? I would expect much more than "We won't count this as one of your four yearly services" - especially given that with my "premiere" membership, battery charges don't count as a tow service at all! The car was NOT towed! I have sent this complaint directly to your company via the AAA page I log into. I expect something more than what I've received from your supervisors - "I'm sorry".

Called October 1 SPECIFICALLY asked for a tow truck. Customer service began asking questions and then insisted I tell her the sound the car makes when it would not stop. I said I do not know. I said this like 5 times. I said "just send the tow. All I need is a tow and I will pay the extra charge." I get a call from a SERVICE CAR not a tow truck. I got someone to help and they started the car so I call AAA to tell them I do not need them but I also. Then I call and ask for supervisor. This person named Randy comes and begins to argue with me that a service would helped since the car started.

I am the customer - if no one came and helped or if the car just would not start I would need a tow. I rather wait for a tow than wait for service and then wait for a tow. I should get what I ask for and what I pay for. I hate them. I file a complaint with BBB and I won't stop until I get guaranteed. They won't mess with me like this again or I want my money.

AAA is blatantly a rip-off when it comes to battery replacement! Our battery was less than one year old when it died. They came out to test it, jump started the car and left. We drove the car for about an hour thinking it should charge it back up enough to take it in for charging as they had suggested. Charging system was fine they said. Their meter read that it had 495 CCA. Next day I could not even jump it. I could have taken it in (if I could have jumped it) but thought about the possibility that the next day it would not start... I cannot afford to be without this car!

I then read the many reviews and realized it was a mute point... The AAA dealers are told to not replace anymore than 11% of their batteries or possibly lose their franchise! Went and bought my own... car starts just fine. AutoZone tested AAA battery... It had 9% that following morning! Heads up... DON'T BUY AA BATTERIES! Not worth it! BTW... I have a 2013 Chevy... Bet they won't want to reimburse me the 125.00 bucks for the bad battery they sold us! READ REVIEWS!!!

4.30 pm yesterday I called AAA due to a flat tire and I couldn't remove the bolts to change it, The 1st operator took my location which was Queens Blvd between 55 ave and 55rd, he took my cell number 2 times as he read it back wrong the 1st time, "help will be there in 50 mins at the latest". He said. 5.40 pm. I call again, 2nd operator tells me that they cancelled it because I didn't give them an exact address and that I wasn't answering my phone, He said it would be at least another hour to wait and it was my fault for not picking up the phone and not telling them the exact address of where I was parked. 6.00pm I call 3rd operator and ask "what cell number do you have for me?", it was the wrong number, so operator #2 didn't even bother to check if they had the right number, just laid all blame on me, I was then told help will be there in 30 mins.

7.00pm I call operator #4 (George), "Is your car a Chrysler PT Cruiser?" he asked, "Well that's your problem right there" he said, WOW!, so on top of total incompetence, rudeness and blame shifting I get an amateur comedian to make fun of the situation, excellent. 7.30pm mechanic arrives and takes 5 mins to get me on the road again. In 15 years as a member I have used them twice and both times they made a total mess of the situation, 100% failure rate. I will definitely be cancelling my membership, I will use my insurance company from now on.

Triple A is a joke. Yesterday 9/22/16 I called AAA for roadside assistance. My ignition was broke. So I told them I need a dolly truck because that's what I needed a week before with same problem. They say "Ok it will be a hour wait and you have to say with car until they get there." First guy comes, rude attitude and don't take car cause owner isn't there to sign waiver. Then we call back. They tell me it's $119 to tow 22 miles to my house. That is only like 18 miles but whatever. Then $95 to tow to shop where I purchased car from. It's 6 miles from where I broke down at. Me my sister and customer service rep all using Google maps. We get 6.1 to 7.5 miles. He gets 13 miles. "What. Hell no. Get manager." Manager says he know miles are showing up wrong but there's nothing he can do about it but send someone out then the tower can calculate miles.

Then a towing guy calls about 45 mins. unto the hour wait time to see what exactly was going on, I explained. He said it would be 45 mins. wait cause he has a trip before me. He wanted to send someone out to see if they can start it. Ok a tower named Tony comes out. Nice guy btw. Hooks car in 10 mins. then charges me $14 for the 3 to 4 extra miles that I wasn't covered for. Now what map were they using to get $95 for a $14 trip. Straight crazy. Oh and I wanted to upgrade to unlimited tow or whatever it's called for $40 extra bucks but it wouldn't start til 7 days later. What kind of crap is that. So they want you to pay 40 more dollars plus however much a tow is to your location plus wait up to only God knows when for them to come. They're undercover scammer to the fullest. Will not be dealing with them ever again. Will get towing option with my car insurance company. Btw first call was at 2:15 pm. Didn't leave til 7 pm.

License renewal - my experience was horrible. AAA members were given priority but when other people came in AFTER me I protested that I was next since the newest entries were not AAA members. NEVER AGAIN. Go to your local DMV. At least they are honest!!!

For some reason the app won't allow me to choose my account. When I try to go to the website on my PC it won't load at all. So I called the after-hours automated line to make a payment but it only gives me the option to use my checking account. Folks I have a feeling AAA is showing signs of financial problems. Is it just me or did everyone that had 100 deductible got kicked down to 250 deductible? They are losing me fast. I have 2 cars, earthquake insurance, renter's insurance, and Premier Roadside. For the cost of insurance this crap shouldn't happen. I even referred my brother 8 months ago and I was to get a pair of movie tickets. I still had not received them so I called and they said, "Sorry, it's only 1 movie ticket." I will be going in the office tomorrow and tell them what has happened, and go to GEICO. Has this happen to anyone else?

I recently switched to AAA Auto thinking it was cheaper than paying for tow service through my insurance company. It was cheaper but when I actually needed them the wait for a tow was ridiculous. On Sept 12 I had a flat tire coming out of the gym and when I called them they quoted me a time frame of 2:39 pm, I called it in at 1:39 pm. I thought an hour was long but whatever. 20 minutes later I get a call saying the original company they dispatched was not able to assist so they would dispatch another tow company. The time frame now is 3 pm.

A little annoyed, I waited inside the gym and as it got closer to 2:59. I get a call saying it's going to take another 30 minutes!! Absolutely ridiculous. Because I have to get home to get my son from school, I decided I would drive on my flat tire all the way home. Thank goodness I made it home. I then receive a call at 4:45 pm and the tow driver left a message saying they are in the parking lot looking for my car. Now I have to laugh because their commercials is a joke. I pray I never need them again.

My tire went flat coming home from work. I had a spare but for some reason it would not fit even though it came with the car. I called AAA and told them my situation. After hanging up with them I noticed the text they sent me for tracking. It had me in a totally different part of town. I told them, "I am between city X and city Y on highway XX." Simple, I'd think, but they got it totally wrong. Then after calling them back and telling them they had the wrong location they said "OK, we'll fix it." Then I didn't hear back from them so I didn't know if they were coming or not. All I needed was a spare that fit or a tire plug, they insisted on a tow even though I was 9 miles out of my 3 mile tow range. That would be 36 dollar by the way. $4/mile!!

The thing that really upset me was the lady didn't know if the guy coming was going to be able to patch my tire because "All trucks are equipped with different tools..." Well, how hard is it to have a tire patch AAA? You think AAA would do stuff like that... Well, an hour and a half passes (even though they said an hour), and what smells to be a totally drunk tow truck driver shows up. His breath stank of alcohol. By that time, I had already been helped by 2 good seminarians, one who helped me jack it up and the other who happened to have a spare that fit my car. I was basically good to go at this point except for the fact that my battery was dead from running the blinkers for 2 hours. The guy that came for AAA didn't have jumper cables either. And to boot he acted half way mad because my car was almost ready to run. The guy who gave me the spare tire jumped my car off and I left for home. Needless to say I am less than happy with AAA.

On or about August 11, 2016 I contacted Triple A Portland, Oregon to make arrangements for 3-day excursion from the central Oregon Coast to Salinas, California and back. My needs were specific. A SUV that could accommodate a king size latex mattress, and hotel reservations. Stephanie, researched the dimensions of several vehicles, recommended and booked the vehicle, then emailed trip tik maps to me, and helped me to assess where I would be staying and looked for hotel rooms. Stephanie looked at the reviews of the hotels before she recommended anything.

There were some problems with getting the vehicle at a convenient location, which she tried to resolve and dug deeply enough to find out why. I ended up not taking the vehicle because I found that folding the mattress would not damage it. So, the Sonoma truck with a canopy would work fine. I also ran ahead of schedule and had to cancel one of the reservations north bound. Stephanie, telephoned me at the end of my trip to ask how things went. She has since assisted me in booking a longer term stay across the country, and because I had a budget, spent above an average amount of time to do so. I am very happy with my hotel. Stephanie has a can-do attitude that serves the membership of Triple A Portland, well. Thank you Stephanie. You are priceless.

I moved from Nevada to California, renewed my membership through phone with the California code, and paid of course. The guy who helped me made a mistake and charged me like I lived in Nevada (which is a higher price) and sent me cards with Nevada's code. I called again and the second person who helped me told me to "cancel your Nevada membership" (which I did). "We will refund your money, and pay for the California membership", which I did. That was two months ago, I'm still waiting for the refund! Called twice again, and the assure me they will refund it, again they never have. So as of now I paid twice! So disappointed. I will write a complaint in BBB page.

Phoned Triple AAA 11 o'clock p. m, was informed not to expect anyone until 1:50 a.m. which is 2 hours and 50 minutes later. AAA, what a joke. I am stranded in an area I know nothing about. I have had guys circle my car because I am a female in here alone. To be sitting in a dark empty parking lot until 2 o'clock in the morning is unheard of and I am terrified. It is now 1:28 am, I am on pins and EXHAUSTED. AAA has really gone to the dogs. AAA is now a joke!!!

Called AAA because my truck wouldn't start. I called NC where I created the membership. I gave the guy all the info. He then afterwards say he needs to transfer me to TX since I am there. Why waste my time. I get another guy who ask the same questions. I tell him I am going to car toys. He says car toys doesn't fix cars. I can't tow it there... I was like what. Then he goes reciting some **. Then I tell him I have a breathalyzer on my truck and they are going to fix it. He then authorizes the tow but I have never been refused because of location... The first guy asked me all the same questions and didn't have an issue. What a waste of time.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

Founded in 1902, AAA is a group of 69 affiliated motor clubs in North America. They have locations in every state and many countries. They offer 24-hour roadside assistance, including assistance for international members in the U.S.

• Trip planning tools: Premium plan holders get access to free trip planning tools through TripTik.
  • Covers members, not vehicles: Members are entitled to roadside assistance services, regardless of the vehicle they are driving.
  • Covers RVs in some states: Apart from covering rental vehicles, AAA also has coverage plans for RVs and trailers in some U.S. states.
  • A huge network: The motor club has been around for more than 100 years, which gives it the advantage of having a vast network of service providers in place.
  • Travel-interruption expenses: Premium members get travel-interruption reimbursements of up to $1,500 if their car breaks down during a vacation.
  • International Travel: Passports and international license services are provided at their locations.
  • Car Repair: Discounted auto insurance is available in many states as well as auto repair centers.
  • Driver Training: A new driver training and insurance discount course are offered through AAA.
  • Best for AAA roadside assistance service is best for multiple-car owners as well as frequent vacationers.

Compare Roadside Assistance Services