3.2/5 (1153 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?

Original review: April 26, 2022

My wife and I purchased roadside service for our RV and we planned to be on the road for a while. We were stranded on 3 occasions. The 1st time we were in San Francisco with a radiator leak. We called roadside assistance and they told us they will find someone to help us out and would call us back. When they called us back 4 hours later, they said we should be getting a call when the service provider is on the way. After an hour, we called the service provider and they told us they were coming out on Monday and not today (Saturday). We were not able to get any service on the same day and had to stay for an additional 2 days. Which I had to fix the issue myself.

The 2nd time we got stranded in Louisiana with a fuel leak, again we called roadside service and they were not able to locate a service to come out and assist us, we had to drop our jeep off the RV and drive 2 hours one-way to find the part to fix my RV. The 3rd time we had a tire blow out which damaged a second tire (dually), called for service took them 3 hours to get service and back on the road. After I filed a claim for 2 tires that I paid for as per my service agreement and was denied after providing all required documents. This has been 1 nightmare after another. The worst roadside assistance service I have ever had. I do not recommend them for anyone. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GO ELSEWHERE...

Original review: March 29, 2022

This is the first time using good Sam roadside assistance it was recommended by several people to me so I decided to try it. I will be dropping my service. I was on the side of the road for 1 1/2 days before good Sam was able to get my travel trailer towed. I had my 4 Year old out there to just horrible I have triple AAA as well and they came within a half hour for my vehicle. I will now be adding my RV towing to triple AAA. Good Sam has worst service I have ever had to deal with csr took my information wrong put weight as 33000 pounds when my trailer is 7000 this is probably why I was unable to be towed until the next evening.

Get buying tips about Roadside Assistance Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2022

My initial experience wasn't terrible. Requesting assistance for a flat tire was a little strange - you call them, then they text you a link to complete it online. Okay, did that. And people did show up to fix my flat tires - but it felt a little sketchy. The service providers arrived in unmarked sedans, no uniforms or anything indicating they were in business. The biggest issue arose, though, when I used the service I paid for. I paid for 3 years in advance, but Good Sam cancelled my membership after the first year because I used the service for 3 flat tires within that year. Apparently you can buy the membership & stay a member as long as you don't use the service you paid for. I'm not sure how that makes sense, but I couldn't get back to AAA fast enough. Never again!

Original review: March 14, 2022

To start, initial call prompts are misleading. I called 3 times before I just picked wrong answer for me, so I could get a live person. This person led me to an automated prompt. I filled in the blanks and received a message that my request had been submitted and I would be contacted shortly. Shortly turned into 2 1/2 hours (6:18 p.m. - 8:55 p.m.) I called back and the person I talked to stated that she had no record of my request being submitted. She initiated a new request. I had to pay $40.00 for a towing fee for a distance of 5.8 miles (4.8 miles over the limit of 1 mile), but membership states unlimited distance towing and said nothing about to the closest shop. I received another message about 9:30 p.m. that a tow service was on the way and would arrive in about 90 to 120 minutes. The tow truck driver did arrive about 11:30 p.m. after coming from 2 hrs. away.

He was very pleasant and apologized stating he had just received the call. I called Good Sam service on Monday after the incident. That's when I was told about the unlimited distance applies to the closest shop. I wanted to cancel the service, first I was told the coverage would be pro-rated, then I was told I would not receive any refund because I used the service, not taking into consideration that I also paid $40 for the towing fee. I feel that Good Sam service is dishonest all the way around. I went on another roadside service club website and thought I was getting that one and it turn out to be Good Sam. When I called to verify what I had signed up for Good Sam's rep stated that they pay for that site. Go figure. I have to say though, all of the people that I talk to during my whole experience with Good Sam were very pleasant, but I give the service TWO THUMBS DOWN!

Original review: March 3, 2022

This is NOT Triple A (AAA) or anything like it. A search for AAA on Google puts this company at the top of the search results because they pay to be there. After signing up in October of 2021, I found out how inferior they are in November when they did not answer or return a phone call to their 800# for assistance. I tried again today (March 2022) and I'm wondering if they still exist. The pre-recorded messages are in various voices and no one has come to the line after 30 minutes.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

After reading a number of reviews I appear to have been very lucky. Stuck on i40 outside of flagstaff with a 35 foot diesel pusher. It was on the hook within 3 hours as it takes a good hour to just hook up. Towing company were very knowledgeable and helpful.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

RV broke down 2:30PM on a Friday. Called for assistance from our Good Sam Roadside Service. After talking to several agents throughout the night, we realized we would be sleeping on the side of the highway that night. No one was able or willing to help. Saturday, the calls resumed. Still no help. The final call from Good Sam was to inform us, "You are on your own (exact words)".

Fortunately, a State Employee happened by about noon and stopped to help. He rounded up a mobile mechanic and got us temporarily back on the road. We submitted a claim and were told that Good Sam would cover no part of the claim. Again, we were on our own. Not sure what you pay for with the "Roadside Service". Not any service at all. If you plan to travel anywhere besides large metro areas, find a service that actually cares. Camping World should be ashamed of partnering with this shoddy company. Zero stars to both.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Jan 6, 2022, flat tire on my motor home, cold and windy in Ardmore, OK. 80 years old. Called Good Sam, they texted help is on the way and gave a phone number. An hour later I called the number, they said nope, help is not on the way. Called Good Sam, said they would text when help is on the way. I started work on it myself. I have a bottle jack, spare tire, compressor, generator. Never got a text, didn't get another word from Good Sam. Several hours later I had done it all myself. My daughters were incensed when they heard my story and called Good Sam who promised to follow up. Jan 17 and no word. I think an appropriate remedy would be for Good Sam to buy me a subscription to AAA.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

I hired Good Sam to tow my newly remodeled, 36 ft RV. I was very clear that it absolutely had to be towed on a little boy flatbed and did not on a wrecker tow truck because of the weight in the back from the remodel. I'm not sure who they outsourced the transport to but they completely and recklessly annihilated every inch of my RV! I had just, weeks before hit the 15,000 mark on the restoration and remodeling of the RV which included reinforcing the entire interior to house a rooftop garden/bar. The first thing the tow truck drivers did was rip off the entire roof including plastic lawn furniture that was bolted to the roof along with AstroTurf I pick it fence Pink flamingos etc, and threw them off to the side of the road where they picked up my 18,000 lb RV on a wrecker and dragged it 35 miles before getting it stuck in the road and ripping off the drive line then just abandoning it there.

There were actual chunks of the road/asphalt wedged up in the rear bumper, and the entire hitch receiver on the back of my RV is sheared off along with the all of the plumbing and septic lines underneath. The front end is severely damaged from the tow truck jackknifing and ripping the grill off and puncturing the radiator. As awful as this sounds, it gets worse because when I found my RV to be a heap of trash, I filed a claim with Good Sam who referred me to Agero, their insurance company..who is giving me the runaround now for over 6 months while my RV sits without a roof in the rainy season which is now completely destroyed all of the hardwood flooring and interior of the RV because the tow truck drivers ripped off the roof.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Bought into the program mainly for my motor home but figured I cover my wife and kid's cars as well. Over 700.00 invested for 5 years, paid in full. Used the service twice in about 6 months for my son's jeep and they cancelled me and said I used it too much. Even better they said I only paid to have it towed to the nearest garage and charged me 300.00 more to bring it to my house 50 miles away. Really a great service as long as you don't use it.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance author review by Lauren Fix

Known for its roadside assistance services for RVs, boat trailers and motorbikes, apart from standard passenger vehicles, Good Sam Roadside Assistance offers support in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.

• Unlimited towing miles: Members can get their vehicle towed to the nearest repair shop without worrying about towing miles.

• Travel-interruption expenses: If a vehicle breaks down 100 or more miles away from home, the service pays for expenses like food and lodgings.

• Automatically family coverage: All membership plans come with automatic coverage for spouse and children below 25 years of age.

• Discounts: Members are entitled to discounts at repair shops, car rental services and at more than 7,000 lodgings.

• Medical help: The service helps members find medical and legal help in case of emergencies on the road.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Company Information