Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Research top Roadside Assistance Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Record a review about your experience with Good Sam Roadside Assistance:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Reviews & Complaints

[First: This is the original review I posted on campingworld in June 2016 where I purchased the membership. 4 weeks later campingworld decided to delete ALL reviews and stop the review system, so they can hide any bad experience. It was replaced by Q&A page. This is hilarious. Instead of any help or making their system better, they just deleted all the bad customer reviews. Check out google - it is very very hard to find any REAL customer reviews by people, you only find paid reviews from bloggers, where you are not allowed to comment.]

Here is my review: I have Good Sam Roadside assistance for RV and travel trailers. My trailer had a problem on the campground, the leveling system would not work, so I could not hook it up to my truck again to tow it by myself to a repair station. I called Good Sam. My call took 45 minutes - I was waiting in the line at least for 30 minutes alone, while the guy was trying to find a service that can help me. They said they wont tow me, they will only find a service that comes, makes my trailer level and then I tow it to the repair. Ok.

I had to call them back 2 times, because he did not find such a service. In the end, after 1:30 hours I got a call back from Good Sam: They will only pay for a service driving to the campsite. Then it will cost $150 an hour, and take around 2 hours, for leveling my trailer. So it would cost $300, just to hook the trailer to my own truck and tow it into town (by myself). I gave up on them, may too expensive. I drove back and extended the leveling jacks by hand (took me one hour with a wrench and 5 blisters on my hand - with the right tools from a service mechanic it would be a job of 10 minutes). I am not going to sign up for good sam ever again. They are useless. The only service you can get from them is a jump start or tire change.

Sent someone to change two tires that had blown out on our RV. We were stranded out a small town and it took a long time for the person to show up. When he did, he was very proficient in changing the tires. The RV had sustained some damage to the outside and he helped us to fix that also until we could get it professionally looked at. When we were stranded with tire trouble, we called Good Sam and found out our policy had lapsed. However, as soon as we got reinstated, they helped us. Although it took some time, our tires were finally fixed and we were on our way.

Good Sam offers varying types of coverage depending on what you need for your RV. You can get a basic coverage or a premium coverage that pretty much covers anything that could go wrong when you're traveling. We've only used Good Sam services once while traveling. Since we were so far away from a metropolitan area, it took quite a while to get service. I feel confident that if we had been in a more populated area, the service would have been faster.

Their after hour rates were comparable to other company's rate, while their day time services seemed a bit higher depending on what you needed. Their agent that helped was very polite and helpful and held a conversation with me while He was working and I was just standing there watching. They could have offered a ride to a destination or offered to take you to a rental car location or garage. I had to find my own ride which was a bit of an inconvenience. They have provided assistance to me both during business hours and after business hours. They arrived earlier than they said they would which was a bonus.

I thought it would be much more expensive than it was. It ended up being rather cheap actually. The driver was also especially nice. He ended up being incredibly friendly and comforting. The service overall was just stellar. The lady on the other end of the phone when I called was really, really nice. She took my information and assured me that they would take care of everything. It was a big relief to speak to someone so helpful. It seems like the price was covering everything I needed taken care of. The standard of care I received was above what I was expecting at that point in my adventure. They were not only available, they had my information and were on the way within minutes. They made every effort to get to me as quickly as possible and even apologized for the wait when they got there.

The value was very cheap for what was offered. I was surprised and very happy to realize that. Most companies charge a lot more. I would highly recommend it. Customer support was great. Talked to a nice lady that was very helpful and wanted to make sure all my needs were met. I was happy. All my problems were fixed and I was a very happy customer because of it. There is tons of coverage options, and I was very easily able to find one a coverage that fit me and my family. I was able to pick as much coverage as I needed and as less as I wanted also. Which I felt was great. It was easily available and had no issues about where I lived. I'm glad they were available also because they were the only good company around. While I was looking I saw they were available in most states.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?

Having it is a great assurance in the back of your mind, but you hope you never needed it. When did, it made me feel less worried about future problems. The employees are all nice. They are all wonderful and I never had a single person treat me badly or made me feel unimportant or not valuable to them as a customer. My coverage gave me peace of mind. My vehicle isn't always as up to par as it should be and being stranded on the road is a horrible feeling but with roadside assistance I don't have to worry if I have a flat tire or lock myself out or run out of gas. This service is available 24/7 and it's a great feeling knowing that there is someone there for you in your worst moment of vehicle failure and a friendly face.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

Known for its roadside assistance services for RVs, boat trailers and motorbikes, apart from standard passenger vehicles, Good Sam Roadside Assistance offers support in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.

• Unlimited towing miles: Members can get their vehicle towed to the nearest repair shop without worrying about towing miles.
  • Travel-interruption expenses: If a vehicle breaks down 100 or more miles away from home, the service pays for expenses like food and lodgings.
  • Automatically family coverage: All membership plans come with automatic coverage for spouse and children below 25 years of age.
  • Discounts: Members are entitled to discounts at repair shops, car rental services and at more than 7,000 lodgings.
  • Medical help: The service helps members find medical and legal help in case of emergencies on the road.
  • Best for Good Sam Roadside Assistance is best for families with multiple drivers, frequent vacationers and adventurers. It is designed for RV owners too.

Compare Roadside Assistance Services