3.4/5 (1509 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

This joke of a company will come up with whatever reason on a whim to catch you with your pants down and side blind you with any excuse NOT to tow your RV after paying for the most expensive and elite 5th wheel RV roadside assistance and TOWING plan possible. Even after reading all the small fine print details, they will even come up with some off the wall reason to avoid towing your RV.

It's honestly embarrassing to see them scramble and challenge you at all costs and at every angle possible that they can come up with AFTER stringing you along all dayyy by saying they're dispatching a towing company out to you only to find out from the DRIVER of the tow company to inform you that Good Sam is saying they're not going to cover it so you call to find out what is going on and get pushed off to a superior they must train to get on the phone at the end of it all only to tell you that you're not eligible for whatever reason they pull out of their ** after studying some kind of handbook and train by role playing every situation possible that they can come up with to tell a customer that they're not eligible for a tow and basically tell you, "Tough luck and leave. You **."

Even after challenging them back and outsmarting them on whatever first reason they gave you and outsmarting them on the second reason why, they will come up with a third, fourth and so on.. They're a SCAM and it's a shame and quite disappointing that Good Sam Roadside assistance is even acknowledged and known as a top brand named company when it comes to Roadside Assistance! I thought I did my homework on researching for a good quality Roadside Assistance plan for my 5th wheel RV by reading all the small fine print from each top brand Roadside Assistance companies and in they're brochures and by reading reviews but after experiencing what I've experienced, is when I finally found the REAL reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance. That is why I am writing this review in hopes to help any fellow RV'r NOT to purchase a plan from this dud of a company! Seriously, take my word!

You will be completely let down time and time and time again and will regret it! Good Sam SUCKS. If I could be more vulgar I would be but I'm sure my review wouldn't make the cut but that is what they truly deserve and the truth needs to be spoken and learned about this sham they're pulling! I don't even care to get some generic apology response from them so please save it because I have heard enough of your rehearsed **! It makes me sick. They know exactly what they're all about. And believe it or not, this is probably the first review I've ever written about anything ever because I am not the type to even send food back when it's not right or whatever so take this as a notion how dead serious I am about every word and feeling towards Good Sam Roadside Assistance! THEY. SUCK.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

I mistakenly bought the service thinking that I could rely on it. I called for a tow and waited 8 hours for them to arrive!! I called the toll-free number only to be switched back-and-forth between departments. Then they wanted to charge me an extra $50 to tow the car to the shop only 3 miles away. Trust me don’t waste your money, you’ll end up frustrated.

Get buying tips about Roadside Assistance Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

I broke down on the side of the road and I called Good Sam and this was my first time using Good Sam and my last. EXTREMELY LONG WAIT, Horrible, Horrible experience. C.S. didn't listen when I said send tow truck. Guy in van left me stuck, no water, hot, hot sun, he did not CARE.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Yesterday, I called Good Sam for roadside assistance. I waited for 3 hours and I never got any texts for when anyone was on the way. I called back during that time and their agents did not understand basics like the term southbound and that my GPS was picking up a residential neighborhood next to the very very very busy interstate I was stuck next to (southbound Interstate 77) in North Carolina. I ended up paying $110 for a tow truck I found on my own. This was a terrifying and terrible experience and I will be cancelling.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I have used them 2 times over the last 4 years once for car lockout and once for a very large class A RV lowboy tow. Both times they came through just fine. The RV tow would have cost me a ton 3-4k. Yes I'm happy and I would recommend them. The RV tow was very difficult to find someone to do the job, but took a while. Good Sam came through for us. Also fast good service on the lockout.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

When I got Good Sam Roadside Assistance, I was happy that they covered RVs and tow trailers. But the first time I needed them was for a bad transmission on our truck. It took them so long to respond that we took an Uber home, and we were home for hours before they picked up the truck and towed it home. Then the next day we had it towed to a transmission shop only 5 miles away, but their mapping program said it was farther, and they charged us extra mileage fees.

Then today I had a blowout on a brand-new trailer tire, and I have been waiting for 4 hours now and the text messages keep saying "We apologize for the delay. We are still working to secure service for your vehicle's needs, you should hear from us again shortly." Now mind you, I am broken down on a major highway in metropolitan Portland, OR. So, there should not be a delay. I am really frustrated, and tomorrow I am going to go back to AAA. Good Sam Roadside Assistance is a waste of money.

Original review: July 9, 2022

What I wrote to the company: "We broke down in Parker AZ with 115 degree hear. We called for assistance. After four hours we were told none was available but would be there at 0800 in the morning. No one ever called....ever. What if I was elderly? I'd be dead. I had to find my own mechanic and drive.my tow vehicle to find parts. No one has still called to check on us. I'm ending my service with you. I am going to find every RV forum and Google review and make sure to share the word." Stay away from Good Sam. Your safety depends on it. Your service is awful and you should be held accountable for it.

Original review: July 5, 2022

Warning...stay away from this company! In addition to RV coverage, we paid extra for pickup truck coverage and RV/truck tire coverage with roadside assist. Air in our truck tire was low and needed more air to prevent tire failure. The only roadside coverage they provide is towing the RV to the closest 'Camping World' and guess what...they are closed on Sundays and holidays with limited daytime hours. We were on our own on fixing the truck tire, so we ended up calling AAA which we also maintained coverage with and at least they showed up with an air pump to pump in enough air to get us home (2 hours away). They also notified Florida Road Rangers if we needed more help. Must check if I can cancel and get a refund on remaining contract. Either way... we will be looking for better company!!! We will definitely keep AAA!

Original review: June 21, 2022

My RV Trailer broke down in NW Georgia. Bad wheel Bearings on the left side. I thought I was lucky to be off the road and very near a Trailer repair shop. Unfortunately they could not do the work so I called Good Sam. I was connected to a mobil Mechanic service and told I needed a credit card and would be charged for a minimum of two hours of service at a rate of $132.50 per hour. Thankfully we were allowed to park in the shop’s lot. All Pro Diesel in Franklin GA. We waited about five hours or more all the time being told someone would be there soon. Good Sam had hired someone from MO. A very long way away.

Long story shortened, Good Sam washed their hands off the deal, they were finished and could do no more for me. Eventually by late in the afternoon of the next day we were fixed, sort of! We headed home the next morning cutting our trip short by one week. Today I called Good Sam to explain how bad their service was. The first person I got on the phone was only interested in telling me he could do nothing for me. Good Sam only contacted a repair service and from there on it was my responsibility. I explained to him that Good Sam should want to know that the people they had contacted were crooks. That is just my opinion.

I was overcharge for parts and labor but he could care less. Finally, he agreed to put me through to someone to take my complaint, probably to just get rid of me. At least that is how I felt! I did speak with another lady and she did take my complaint, but nothing will come of it. I still have to fight it out with the Interstate Truck Center. I am going back to AAA.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Good Sam: Our F250 broke down in Bennett Colorado along the highway. My wife/I researched and found the best rated Ford Service Dealership (39 miles away). I called Good Sam at 10:44 am. They said, the closest service station was 20 miles away, therefore, I had to pay $160 for our truck and trailer to be towed the additional 19 miles. About 2 hours later, the tow company called and said they needed $320 to tow the truck and trailer.

I called Good Sam again. The second Good Sam person said, the first GS person set up the order incorrectly. It should have been $320. The second GS person cancelled the first order and created a new order. Then, she said, she needed to speak to her supervisor. After an extended period of time, she returned saying the second order was completed and the additional costs would be $160. I asked, it is not $320, why? She did not have an answer, other than it is just $160. She said, everything was completed and a tow service would contact me soon.

2 more hours later, 4 hours since my first call, still no tow service. I called Good Sam again. The 3rd GS person reviewed the 2 orders and apologized for the 4 hour inconvenience. The GS person assured me she was on top of the situation and would get it resolved immediately. She said, 2 different tow services would contact me. One service for the truck and another service for the trailer. They would be towed at different times. I begrudgingly said ok.

2.5 hours later, 6.5 hours since my first call, still neither tow service had showed up. I called Good Sam and told them to cancel the tow services. I also asked them to cancel the remaining 18 months of our 5 year Good Sam Roadside Assistance. The 4th GS person said, she would have to transfer me to a different department to cancel my membership. I said, "You have to be kidding..."

Good Sam provided the worst service I have received from any company in my life. I am a seasoned 61 year old RV person. I called a highly rated local tow service without using my paid GS membership. In less than 30 minutes, our truck was on a flat bed and the trailer being pulled behind. Giner's Towing from Aurora Colorado was top notch. 5 stars.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance author review by Lauren Fix

Known for its roadside assistance services for RVs, boat trailers and motorbikes, apart from standard passenger vehicles, Good Sam Roadside Assistance offers support in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.

• Unlimited towing miles: Members can get their vehicle towed to the nearest repair shop without worrying about towing miles.

• Travel-interruption expenses: If a vehicle breaks down 100 or more miles away from home, the service pays for expenses like food and lodgings.

• Automatically family coverage: All membership plans come with automatic coverage for spouse and children below 25 years of age.

• Discounts: Members are entitled to discounts at repair shops, car rental services and at more than 7,000 lodgings.

• Medical help: The service helps members find medical and legal help in case of emergencies on the road.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Company Information