Find a Roadside Assistance Services partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?

Original review: April 24, 2021

I honestly don't know how I didn't find this company years ago! So much money is saved and they are the fastest company at getting the help I need. Reliable, safe, trusting, and for the price is ridiculous the amount you save with them. 10 stars for sure!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I have had Good Sam Roadside Assistance in the past and had very good luck with them. I had to call them one night at around 11:30pm and they had someone out to assist me within 30 minutes. I had another company prior to Good Sam and they took so much longer to get someone to assist me.

Hello Andy,

Thank you for sharing your experience, we are pleased your are satisfied with Good Sam Roadside Assistance.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Get buying tips about Roadside Assistance Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Broke down on a Sunday afternoon in Southern Arizona (18 miles east of Eloy and 45 miles west of Tucson). This area is better known as the middle of nowhere. Wife and 3 young children in our 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Coasted to a suitable place to pull over and immediately called Good Sam. The rep (Niesha) checked my coverage and said our 50 mile tow would be 100% covered! Unheard of. Amazing. Niesha texted me the names and tel numbers of both the tow company and the repair facility my Jeep would be towed to. She’s said the tow would arrive in an hour. They arrived in 30 minutes. Again - Unheard of. Amazing. Good Sam’s 3 letter competitor cannot match this; cannot touch this; not even close. GS just earned a member for life!

Hello Phillip,

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

First time I had to use Good Sam, I was not able to - no fault of Good Sam's. I broke down (Diesel pusher motorcoach) in a bad location and hired a local mobile tech when Good Sam's referral was 90+ minutes away. It turned out that the mobile tech was unable to fix it and I had to have it towed to the nearest Caterpillar dealer; again, I was unable to use Good Sam as it was crucial to get it to Caterpillar before they closed and the mobile tech knew a tow company. Needless to say, the HD tow bill was painful! Since I didn't even TRY to use Good Sam for the towing ahead of time, I figured they probably would not honor my claim submitted after-the-fact. But, I was wrong: they paid the full amount of my towing! This is the right way to do business, and I am a member for life.

Hello Carl,

Thank you for sharing your experience, we are pleased your are satisfied.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: July 4, 2020

We have a 2018 40’ Class A Motorhome, pulling a 20’ aluminum trailer with a side-mounted full-size Harley Davidson & a Jeep. We did have roadside coverage for the MH through our auto insurance, but we were leery of what would actually occur should we ever need a tow. As a result, we decided to get the complete Good Sam package. Fast forward to two weeks ago.... We were driving through CO mountains, on our way to Utah, up from South Texas. We stopped to get fuel in a small town. My husband went to do his routine tie-down check, where he discovered we had (presumably very recently) experienced an explosion of oil — all over the engine bay/compartment, the trailer, his motorcycle, and the front of my Jeep. The oil dipstick was dry.

Called Freightliner, as we were under our warranty period. Freightliner informed us that Cummins actually warranties the engine separately, and not Freightliner, therefore they could not offer us a tow. Called the nearest Cummins dealers, about 95 miles away. Cummins only offers warranty-related towing the 1st year. Additionally, it wasn’t certain that the oil loss would actually be a warrantable issue. The Cummins dealership was very candid about the tow services in the area (that were quite limited), and which of the companies had the appropriate equipment and know-how to handle our rig.

Uugh! Oh, and to complicate matters, we forgot the hitch that fits to the Jeep, plus the Jeep does not have the 7-way electrical, so no way to use the Jeep to tow the trailer. Near-panic mode sets in to have to try to coordinate a complex tow on our own, never having actually having had to utilize the Good Sam service up to this point, and having to see about both the MH, and the loaded trailer.

Called Good Sam. Other than some difficulties actually getting the call to go through/connect (in a reasonable cell service area), and some misrouting, the agent that we received was extremely polite, attentive, and responsive. I explained all of the peculiarities, that we needed to get to the nearest Cummins dealership as we did not know the cause or extent of the oil/engine trouble, that we needed both a large MH in addition to a loaded trailer towed, that the small town we were in did not have adequate service facilities, and that of the available tow services in the small town we were in and the city we needed to get to, only one had the optimal equipment to properly handle our MH without removal of the driveshaft.

The agent noted all of the information, and informed me that she needed to verify the service availabilities and pricing, and that she would call me back, no later than 30”. She was true to her word, and called back with the good news that both the MH and loaded trailer would be towed (requiring two tow rigs) to the Cummins dealership and by the tow company Cummins strongly recommended...all covered by our Good Sam policy. I called back Cummins to update them and to work on getting the trucks dispatched, since the main driver was “on the other side of the mountain towing another MH” and was 2 hours away once he got back with his current call. They informed me that Good Sam had already given them the credit card information and authorization, and that the tow driver had been contacted! A+ Good Sam. Thank you!

Hello G,

Thank you for your time and sharing your experience with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. We are pleased you are satisfied and were assisted promptly.

Have a good day and safe travels.

Resolution response: June 7, 2021

After I wrote this review. I called Good Sam again. The service rep. got right to work in solving my issue. That was 2 days ago (Saturday). Today (Monday) I got a call 1st thing this morning from Good Sam telling me they had arranged to pick up my RV and tow it to the first Truck repair place it was originally supposed to go to. Needless to say I was impressed. The tow is supposed to happen today. While this has been tough to deal with, at least Good Sam is making an effort to correct the mistakes that were made. I'll update this review if a monkey wrench gets thrown into this new arrangement. I do want to thank Good Sam for this follow up.

Original review: June 5, 2021

I don't know where to begin. My Motorhome broke down 3 weeks ago in the middle of nowhere. I have the unlimited mileage package to a place that will repair it. I found a truck repair shop and Good Sam first agreed to tow it there, then refused. They said they found another place closer. It has been at that place 3 weeks and it is not an RV/Truck repair shop. That place just looked at it yesterday (after 3 weeks!). I'll have to pay to tow it to a Truck repair, 90 miles away. Good Sam Roadside assistance is a Joke! I spent over 5 hours on the phone with different customer service representatives while broken down. How does this service give me peace of mind? (It doesn't.) I am still in disbelief over this entire incident. I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

Original review: June 2, 2021

We got Good Sam RV and Roadside Assistance about 6 weeks ago. This morning my daughter got locked out of her running car in Tacoma, WA. I told her to call Good Sam Roadside Assistance. She was told the wait time would be 55-85 minutes. I called because that is not an acceptable amount of time since she's in Tacoma, not in the middle of nowhere. They told me that the company was having problems getting a driver and said they would be there in 30 minutes, which would have been an hour after the call was put in. I called again after 90 minutes after she put in the call. I was told it was going to be another 15 minutes. When they finally showed up 110 minutes after her call, the guy said they had just gotten the call. My guess is they had to switch companies. So my daughter missed over 2 hours of work.

Original review: May 30, 2021

Going Camping with my RV on May 24, 2021, I had a blowout on the 5th wheel 6 miles from Scottsdale AZ. at 10:06 am. Called Good Sam Roadside Assistance to get help to install spare tire. They said I would hear back from someone as soon as help was arranged. I received 3 text messages over the next hour saying they were sorry for the delay. I called back and they said they could not find a service provider but would keep trying. Finally I received a text from a towing company saying they would be there in 2 hours.

After another hour and a half I called the towing company and they said that Good Sam never really authorized them and so they could not respond. I called Good Sam and they seemed very confused and the lady said she could not help. It had to be a supervisor. Finally talked to a supervisory and he got it straightened out. At 4 pm the tow truck arrived to change the tire. Over 5 hours waiting in Arizona heat just about put me over the edge. The Tow Truck driver that came said Good Sam screws it up a lot and recommended AAA which I used to have and never had an issue.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I have been a member of Good Sam for a few years and have used their service 3-4 different times. Each time, it has been way more frustrating than it needs to be. You call them and the first thing they ask is, "Where are you?" I am holding a phone with a GPS built in, and I have to explain to them verbally where I am. They discontinued their mobile app instead of using it as the means of communicating with them. I SHOULD be able to go to their app (that no longer exists), hit a button calling for help, and have them TELL ME where I am. (The Uber driver knows what airport door I am standing at!)

I should be able to track the tow truck driver coming to me (like I can track my groceries coming via Insta-Cart). When I was charged automatically to renew, I went to the website to cancel. No way to cancel on the website. The "contact us" button returned an error. I called the number for "assistance" and waited several minutes because "all our operators are busy." To their credit, I was finally able to talk to someone and cancel.

It COULD be so good, with the right technology, but the execution is so poor. They need to hire that "Profit" guy to come in and overhaul their entire business. (In case you don't know, he happens to be the CEO of Good Sam. Amazing, huh.) A service like this needs to be easy to use. It needs to have tracking built in. It needs to make use of the common technology that would make it great.

Instead, Good Sam is stuck in a time warp, using phones and verbal directions (when you blow a tire on the interstate, you generally have no idea what town you are technically in or where you are, unless you happen to be right next to a mile marker.) Oh, and once you join, they will continue to charge your credit card year after year after year until you explicitly cancel. I even changed credit card numbers after losing my card, but they figured out how to charge the new one.

Original review: May 22, 2021

I cancelled the service after a year. They kept charging my credit card and acted like I never cancelled it. Completely unbelievable company! Do they think people don't check their credit card statements or something.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance author review by Lauren Fix

Known for its roadside assistance services for RVs, boat trailers and motorbikes, apart from standard passenger vehicles, Good Sam Roadside Assistance offers support in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.

• Unlimited towing miles: Members can get their vehicle towed to the nearest repair shop without worrying about towing miles.

• Travel-interruption expenses: If a vehicle breaks down 100 or more miles away from home, the service pays for expenses like food and lodgings.

• Automatically family coverage: All membership plans come with automatic coverage for spouse and children below 25 years of age.

• Discounts: Members are entitled to discounts at repair shops, car rental services and at more than 7,000 lodgings.

• Medical help: The service helps members find medical and legal help in case of emergencies on the road.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Company Information