Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.38/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

181 Good Sam Roadside Assistance Consumer Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 13, 2019

I am not member of Sam's and I was stressed out because my car had broken down and I needed a tow to a mechanic. I called and placed my order, they charged me right away then took 3 hours to contact me. Then finally when they called me they told me they ordered for the wrong equipment and needed to charge me again. I was upset and told them I wanted to cancel the service. They then proceeded to charge me again. This is one of the worst services I’ve ever had!!!! Their customer service is absolutely terrible and they just don’t care about helping people in need.

I never had the service and I I kept getting charged. I definitely had one of the worst experiences and I implore that NO ONE GOES THROUGH SAM ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE when they need help.!!! These people need to be out of out business for how they run their business because they are not genuine and all they care about is making money! Please look other places when you need help with your vehicle! This place is a scam and horrible! Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced!!!!

Hello Wendy,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the experience you have had. Please provide your contact number in a private message. We will look into this matter further.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 12, 2019

As Motorhome owners for many years, we always have had Good Sam Roadside Assistance policies and never had to use it until our last trip. Broke down on I-95 (fuel filter came apart) and needed help. Not only did GS not help, the person actually told us to call 911 and get the RV off the side of the road before she would send anyone or anything. We spent hours try to get help and finally I crawled under the MH and temporized the situation and got it to a truck shop. Once again, Good Sam Roadside Service is worthless, don’t waste your time and money.

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the experience you have had. Please provide your membership and contact number in a private message. We will look into this matter further.

Ella

Get expert buying tips about Roadside Assistance Services delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 9, 2019

Please listen to the reviews, I didn't! And oh my gosh! Don't do it! I got their best "Platinum Complete" because I am handicapped and can't do it myself. Hit road debris and my inside rear tire passenger side went flat. Call roadside assistance at 11:50 AM on Saturday, 3:30 PM no one had come," called back "oops sorry will get some out their in 1/2 hour" they said. Small tow truck showed up in 30 minutes, with only a 2 ton jack, could not lift my 30' C Class. Called back, 2 hours later they said "oops we had it setup for a medium weight vehicle." Really! They have all the information on my RV. They should know it weighs over 20 tons! They redid the order for a heavyweight tow truck, called back, "Sorry we cannot negotiate a price with any tow company, you will have to wait till Monday." Really!

Monday 11am tow truck arrived. Took the spare and replaced the flat tire, Tuesday I drove the RV to the Tire Factory and replaced both tires since the other tire had damage too but did not go flat. Wednesday call Good Sam to see if my tire was covered. They said yes and gave me a number to a totally different company "Soncio". Rep at Soncio said "said do you still have the bad tire?" I said, "NO. It's at the Tire Factory. Do you really expect me to keep and carry it around an old heavy dirty blown up tire?" He replied "sorry you need the bad tire in order for us to reimbursed you". I said, "Well no one told me that. No one at Good Sam roadside assistance gave me any instructions. Who goes to a tire shop and keeps the bad tires? Isn't the receipt good enough?" He said "Sorry. No bad tire I can't help you."

So before you sign up Good Sam will tell you that if you're not happy with the service you can cancel anytime and get reimburse at a prorated rate. LIES! I then called Good Sam and explain the terrible service and said I was not happy that I wanted to cancel it and get reimburse at the prorated rate. Good SAM said "NOPE, since you use the service we will deducted the service call plus prorate your two weeks with us...." Well I am disputing it with my credit card. But save the headache. It is a SCAM like all insurance programs. Go with AAA, much more reputable company. I'm out the $195 for the program, out the $175 for the tire, and I had to wait almost 2 days to get them to replace a tire. I am handicap so I could not replace the tire myself. Reason I got the program. DON'T DO IT!

Hello Terri,

Thank you for your time, I apologize for the experience you have had with Good Sam Roadside Assistance and Sonsio. Please provide your membership and contact number in a private message. We will look into this matter further.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 8, 2019

Long story short ... we had a nail in a tire which they would reimburse us for later with several pictures. The best part was in order for them to come out to help us was over 2 hours labor estimated so more than $200 out of pocket to actually take the tire off our travel trailer. In other words it's a scam. I should have listened to all the reviews. At least I could get my money back for the "tire and wheel protection." Please avoid these guys!

William,

We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the experience you had. Please provide your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number in a private message. We will look into this matter further.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 5, 2019

Told my daughter to limp along a major highway in the middle of nowhere to a “certified tech” and a “campground”. They did so, tech was high or drunk, RV park was completely unacceptable and scary. Tech changed a filter. Said they’d be fine, they died one mile later and Good Sam said they would tow them back to the SAME tech. You mean the one that took their $100 and did nothing? When she demanded to be towed to a reputable place, Good Sam refused and said “That’s all we’ll do, Ma’am”. Hundreds of dollars a year for 6 years and this is what we get? She’s still waiting for a tow for which we’ll pay over $700.

Hello Diane,

We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the experience your daughter has had. Please provide her roadside assistance membership number and the best contact number in a private message. We will look into this matter further.

Ella

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 3, 2019

Updated on 07/03/2019: So to follow up on my previous review, we finally got a call and were told we would need to wait at least 6 hours for a service person. Not acceptable, then were told to go to an rv repair place and we would need to pay the bill. Again, NOT acceptable. How is Good Sam going to make this right?

Original Review: This is the second time using Roadside after just getting our camper 2 weeks ago and this is horrible. Have been sitting along the road in 100 degree weather with kids for over 2 hours and still no one has contacted us about a service truck coming. Totally disgusted with the price and service.

Hello Angela,

Original review: July 1, 2019

Updated on 07/04/2019: This is a follow up to a post I made on July 1, which detailed the failure of GOOD SAM ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE to provide a jump start to my family and I, within three hours of calling them on a Saturday afternoon. I missed a call from their "investigator" Ella calling from ** yesterday after 4 PM EST. I made several return calls and was disconnected once, then another call I was told I could cancel my membership but there was no way I was getting a refund then hung up on. I then finally spoke to someone named "David" after being on hold for fifteen minutes, who assured me a partial refund of my membership dues would be refunded. This was after far too many phone calls and being put on hold for far to long. They did their best to try and make me feel like I was making this up.

I am not holding my breath on the partial refund of dues, as I have yet to see the credit. Bottom line, I will never use GOOD SAM, CAMPERS WORLD, OR ANY AFFILIATED BUSINESS again. More so, I will attempt to steer everyone I can from your poorly run business. It's one thing to fail in service, but your treatment after the fact is awful. What a shame Good Sam, what a shame!

Original Review: After numerous years with AAA, showing up when requested (even in rural areas), I have never waited over an hour. In an urban area, always close to 30 minutes... jump, lockout, or tow, whatever. Decided to go with Good Sam last year because of the reasonable cost to cover RV trailers, which ended up being a very bad decision.

My wife, two children, and I pulled over along a 4 lane highway less than 5 miles from the city limits of a north GA town with a population of nearly 30k. After shutting the car off, then trying to restart, realized the battery was too weak. I immediately called Good Sam and after a 10 minute conversation was told I would receive a "confirmation" text within a few minutes that my wrecker was responding. This was on a Saturday afternoon and soon realized after 15 minutes with no text, I needed to call them. That's when I learned the original operator made some mistake(s) and no wrecker was being ordered. After 32 more minutes on the phone with the second operator, I was told they could not find anyone and would call me back when they did. Yup, that's it, "we can't find anyone to respond." I actually paid money for this service. Keep in mind this is about 45 minutes after my first call.

Ten minutes later I was finally notified (just about 1 hour after original call) they finally found someone, coming from a smaller town nearly 2 hours away. Yes, looking at 3 hours for a jump start now. I made some calls myself and quickly found a wrecker who was available (2nd one I called), less than 5 miles away, but wanted $125. I called Good Sam back and received conflicting information about paying out of pocket and being reimbursed. I did end up taking care of getting a jump start on my own and were finally on our way after nearly 2.5 hours. At just about the 3 hour mark from my original call, I received a call from the Good Sam dispatched wrecker driver letting me know he was "almost there." He also informed me he was going to get his $125 from Good Sam either way... how ironic, the same price the local wrecker drivers charge. What a shame.

So now I asked for a refund of my annual dues and to cancel my membership. Since they failed and have never used them before. I was told it needed to be "investigated" by listening to all the calls made, because they "record" all calls. Amazing, it was insulting that there is a reference to me making this whole situation up to get a refund. Another shame. Their "investigation" would take "something" like a week. Another shame. Good Sam.

I contemplated about waiting to start posting reviews but it is a shame you claim you do not have enough information in front of you to give me a refund now. I called for a jump and you failed, failed miserably. Good Sam, the right thing would be to refund me immediately due to your failure. Based on my personal experience, I have no confidence in your organization and hopefully I can dissuade someone from risking their family's safety by choosing Good Sam for roadside assistance.

Double N,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam. I am very sorry to hear about your experience with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. Please send a private message with your membership number and your phone number so I can assist.

Original review: July 1, 2019

This is the second time we have used this "service". The first time my wife waited in 100 degree weather while they sent various tow trucks that could not tow a Subaru. In the episode yesterday with a Prius that quit on the Highway 99 they said to ask the gas station if I could leave the car there. The gas station said it would be towed away. Then they said they would tow to somewhere close. There is no service with this company. They are the worst. Expect to be on your own.

The car started after a while and I figured out that it would run a while and then quit. I managed to make it the 60 miles home after many episodes of stopping and starting on my own. I cancelled the Good Sam "help". Stay away from this company. They are no good and you will be on your own. The money you pay is for nothing.

Hello Lawrence,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the experiences you have had with roadside assistance. Please allow me to forward your experiences to our leadership team for review and follow up. Please provide your contact and membership number in a private message.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 30, 2019

Twice now over two years I have had tire issues with a small, one axle travel trailer. Could not be towed because the tire was blown out and they didn't have that size tires to replace. Once in Delaware and now in New York. Couldn't find tow truck or tires, told us to disconnect camper from tow vehicle. Leave on side of highway and go to Walmart. Really. I pay for this service. You should get a tire and bring it or not accept my membership fee when I told you what type of camper I had. All tow trucks for what we needed in NY were put off their network. I'm guessing their network is only 50 miles from their headquarters. Don't waste your time or money with them. They lead you on thinking they can help then hours later call and say that you have to search for a provider. Helpful when broken down on the side of the highway with 2 small kids. Never again. Canceling membership tomorrow.

Hello Jennifer,

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 28, 2019

Our (almost new) RV got hit by lightning damaging numerous sensors, computer modules, etc. Delicate, sophisticated electronic stuff. They would only cover a 20 mile tow to Premier Boat and RV, a boat dealer that peddles some used RVs. I had extremely qualified mobile techs decline the work because it needed a top level shop. Pathetic. The supervisor I elevated it to was argumentative and knew less about the subject than the kid who took the call initially. DON’T waste your money, absolutely worthless! PS: 1st claim ever.

J,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam Roadside Assistance. I am very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. Please send a private message with your Good Sam Roadside membership number and your phone number.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 23, 2019

I am deeply upset as we've had membership for 3 years with 2 automobiles and an RV covered, not using it but once in the first 2 years and since the last 6 months have had to call 3 times (last time because of transmission problems). Now Good Sam is not so good, as they have cancelled our membership....because they say that our usage falls outside of their normal guidelines (averages)?? Well nobody knows when they will breakdown. I just want people to be aware what can happen!

Hello Sherma,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experience. I apologize your membership has been cancelled. Please send a private message with your Good Sam membership number and contact phone number.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 17, 2019

We were towing our fifth wheel RV and had a spring hanger break on one of the axles. After 20 minutes of trying to educate the young woman on our issue, she still could not relay the information to the technical support person. She could not understand that a tow truck was not what I needed. After wasting 2 hours of our time, on a Saturday afternoon, she called a tow truck. I called the tow truck gentlemen and explained that I needed a mobile welder and he said he could not help me.

I again called Good Sam and got another agent who was more familiar with what we needed but after an hour she called back to offer a tow truck. I did the research myself and in about 20 minutes found 2 mobile service companies that provided roadside welding and were within 20 miles of my location on I-80, Grand Island, NE. The welder showed up in 30 min, got us fixed and back on the road. It is now Monday & I am still waiting for the Good Sam agent to call me back with a solution. Bottom line - my 6 hour roadside breakdown could have been 2 hours if I would not have wasted my time with Good Sam! Never making that mistake again!

Hello Terri,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and apologize for the delays you have experienced. Please provide additional details in a private message along with your Good Sam Roadside membership number.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Because my membership will soon relapse I called to renew. I was told it would take up to a month to send me a new card. I am leaving in three weeks. I was told a membership number could be given me, I could print a paper card and that it would be recognized by campgrounds, Camping World Stores and certain gas stations offering a discount. Having been told that two years ago, I knew from experience that the paper card and membership number would not be accepted at gas stations and most campgrounds. Pat, the Sam's Club representative I talked with, said that expedited card delivery could not be arranged.

My experience over three years suggests that Sam's Club's focus is on selling services for which they are often not able to provide - discounts, towing, free assistance in sales, etc. I believe Sam's Club exists more to make money for the owners than to help travelers. That they call themselves "good Samaritans" is an insult to those who truly are.

Hello John,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and are sorry to hear that standard was not met with your interaction with us. Please provide your Good Sam membership number in a private message and we will expedite the delivery of your cards. We can also assist with renewing your membership.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Seems that all the company own by Marcus Lemonis has the worst customer service. Roadside assistance has a computer system that look for a towing company one at a time. They commit to the first company that accept. Last night I spend 4 hours waiting. First company cancel after a three hour wait. Second company I cancel because I got tire of waiting. Good Sam says unlimited towing but is not unlimited. If you tow a car to a place and you need to tow it to another place you have to pay for the second towing.

Same type of customer experience I got with Camping World. Never got my item fixed because the Warranty company - Good Sam would not approve repairs. You pay for a warranty, they don’t deliver. The have catchy titles VIP service by like I said if is own by Marcus Lemonis. They don’t fixed or the customer experience is the worst. We negative stars for reviews. We should have a way to provide negative stars.

Hello Jose,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and are sorry to hear that standard was not met with your parents interaction with us. Please send a private message with your Good Sam membership number and contact phone number.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: June 7, 2019

We left the lot with our brand new trailer, it was installed incorrectly on the wrong size ball hitch by an associate, 10 miles down the road, the trailer bounced off the hitch. The piece that raises and lowers the hitch was damaged and thrust up through the electrical system of the hitch. We called for assistance to raise the trailer so we could put in a new hitch with the right size ball and take it back to camping world for repair. TWO HOUR PHONE CALL and we were told there was no one in our area available or even had the right equipment to help us. We were in the middle of OKLAHOMA CITY.... ridiculous!!!!

T,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam. I am very sorry to hear about your experience with Good Sam Roadside Assistance and would like to look into this. Please send a private message with your Good Sam Roadside membership number and your phone number.

Original review: May 30, 2019

After 13 years of service on 5-31, I was notified of a tremendous price hike. In addition, the service plan was to be cut. My experiences were very similar to F of Livingston, La. on the same date. At the same time of the price hike I called Good Sam about their new introductory offer for new members which was much cheaper than my exorbitant renewal cost. They reward new members with an excellent price and charge long term members a ridiculous increase. Sam, you have forced me to drop you and look elsewhere where I have found an excellent rate for my coverage.

Ella, Stacy, et. al: Are you going to give me your form letter response too as you have done with everyone else? Tell me about how you are committed to good service and how you want to look into this. Also, tell me how you want me to contact you so that you can look into this. And then do not reply so that others can see how you resolved this and other's problems. You have a great technique for problem avoidance. Everyone gets the same form letter response that solves absolutely nothing. Perhaps you should change your name from Good Sam to Good Scam.

Paul,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam Roadside Assistance and providing your feedback. We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with our service prices. Please send a private message with your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Our membership is up for renewal this month (May 2019). I phoned in April and requested a discount to renew; no go. The company is apparently interested only in acquiring new members, not rewarding and retaining its current members. Secondly, after reading the reviews, it appears that GS Roadside Assistance has gone down the toilet, in terms of customer service. If we need assistance, I expect a prompt, courteous response, and it doesn't look as though that's what we would get. Bye-bye, Good Sam; we will find another company who values its customers.

Hello F,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your concerns. We set a high standard for ourselves and are sorry to hear your thoughts after reading reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance. Please send a private message with your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number. We will also look into your renewal concerns.

Ella

Original review: May 28, 2019

We've had Good Sam for 2 years, finally needed to use it yesterday for a blow out tire on our RV. All we needed was someone to come change it to our spare tire or replace the tire (we were flexible). We waited 5 hour in 100 degree heat (with 2 small children) to get the run around from everyone from Good Sam. It was Memorial Day, so I understand it being difficult to find a technician, but no one ever called us back, we had to continue calling for them to tell us various excuses for why no one was coming, or why no one called us back. Finally had to get a hotel room, but would have been nice to do that earlier in the day instead of waiting 6 hours. This morning we called Progressive and they got someone out in 20 minutes, and we're kicking ourselves in the butt for not calling them yesterday, and having paid for Good Sam for 2 years. Very displeased with their lack of organization and communication in a situation where it counts.

Hello Tara,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and are sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Please send a private message with your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number. We will look into this matter further.

Ella

Original review: May 22, 2019

My elderly parents purchased the roadside assistance thinking the coverage would apply in any collision. There is a technicality stated in the fine print that you must be in a collision with another vehicle for assistance to apply... Single vehicle accidents are not covered. They hit a guard rail in bad weather and were stranded. Good Sam Customer Service was 0% help and rather rude. UGH. I am happy my parents were not injured but sad that they wasted their money on this insurance. Read the fine print before you purchase and understand exactly what you are getting... Most likely you won't want this product. I would never recommend it.

Hello,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and are sorry to hear that standard was not met with your parents interaction with us. Please send a private message with their Good Sam membership number and contact phone number.

Ella

Original review: May 17, 2019

The steps on our motorhome would not come in so we thought it unsafe to drive like that. We called Good Sam at 11:30 am. We were not given an arrival time. After an hour we called back and were told it would be another 2 hours. Finally 2 1/2 hours later he came. No problem. We knew we would pay labor and parts. There were no parts as all he did was disassemble the step. Again no problem. He was there about 1/2 hour. At some point he told us he has a minimum 2 hours labor charge of 100.00 per hour. We were stuck in this situation. So all in all for 1/2 hours work it cost us 207.26. 7.26 for using a credit card. Plus according to the invoice Good Sam's paid 150.00. So if you use this service be sure to get costs up front. We have used this service in the past with no problem but we will not be renewing after this.

Bonnie,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue. We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. Please send a private message with your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and your phone number.

Stacy

Original review: May 10, 2019

Called for service at 1045. Service provided at 1030 at night after multiple phone call to call centers. Requests to talk to supervisors never happened. Kept on hold for 45 minutes while agent working on case then call dropped. Called back and told no one working on issue. Been member for over 3 years and this is first time I used Roadside assist and probably will be last.

Hello Donna,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam Roadside Assistance and providing your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. Please send a private message with your Good Sam membership number and your phone number.

Ella

Original review: April 29, 2019

I have had a Good Sam Platinum membership for five years and as I recall, I have used the roadside assistance program four times. Today I unexpectedly received a Notice of Cancellation. The notice is dated six days ago, and my membership is to be cancelled ten days from the date of the notice, which means four days from now. Good Sam is cancelling my Platinum membership because they say my membership costs have significantly exceeded their average.

My first call to Good Sam was during the first year of my membership, when I was on a cross country trip and needed help finding someone who could repair my faulty trailer hitch wiring, which was a matter of one phone call from me to Good Sam and one phone call that Good Sam promptly returned. No roadside assistance was requested or required.

The second was a year ago, when my alternator failed far from home and I needed a tow to a garage that was within five miles of the breakdown. The third was a simple tire change last summer. Most recently (two weeks ago) my trailer became hung up on a large rock at the fringe of a parking lot and a tow truck was called to lift the back of the trailer and winch out the rock.

I have no complaints about how Good Sam has answered or handled my emergency calls. In each instance, the person at Good Sam that I reached on the phone was knowledgeable and courteous and promptly dispatched excellent help when I needed it as well as kept me informed about the status of my requests. Whenever I call Good Sam to request help, I try to be very clear and detailed about the circumstance that prompts me to call. I assume (perhaps wrongly?) that the person I talk to is familiar with the coverage my membership includes and will only authorize and dispatch help that is covered by my membership.

But now I find that this is probably not the case and instead, if I am not covered by Good Sam for a particular emergency but still Good Sam dispatches help that solves my problem, Good Sam will, without offering me any chance to discuss the situation or any options or alternatives or ways to retain my membership, simply notify me that I am costing them too much money and cancel my membership. The letter I received today is signed by Robert **, Claims Department, Good Sam Roadside Assistance. Mr. ** did not include a phone number or even a physical address for himself or for anyone at Good Sam who might be available to help me resolve this very disappointing situation.

Jennifer,

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 26, 2019

Updated on 04/28/2019: I wrote a review of Good Sam Club. I stated I signed up for three years of membership with Good Sam Club (not road service) at Gander Outdoors. They replied that they were sorry I had a bad experience with Good Sam Road Service (true) and Gander Outdoors (False). Gander Outdoors were the people who offered the Good Sam Club membership - They did n o t h i n g wrong - so for Good Sam to say I had a bad experience with them is total wrong.

Everyone should know it is only Good Sam I had problems with. They want me to do a private message with my address. They already know my address. I'm not replying via private message. I will say the last time I called, I finally got someone who knew what was going on and, hopefully, she is right about my $50 rebate coming any day now. I am writing another review for Gander Outdoors because they are tops in knowledge, helpfulness, etc. etc. etc.

Original Review: I used Good Sam for years and felt safe knowing they were there when I needed help. But in 2014, I needed a tow. They couldn’t “find help”. I called a company that towed me once before and found they didn’t deal with Good Sam, anymore, due to payment disputes. I wrote Good Sam, emailed them, called them - I never got an apology and worse, I begged for assurance this would never happen again. Nothing. No reply at all.

I severed ties and told them after that Horrible experience with them. It was like losing a family member I liked them so much. It used to be a good company - Not Anymore!! Now for the current problem. Now Camping World came close to me, calling themselves Gander Outdoors because they handle ALL outdoor needs, including Archery, guns and fishing needs. So I joined only the membership that gives me a 10% discount at Camping World. That was April 8.

I was supposed to get $50 refund in the form of a merchandise certificate as well as $25 for winning a bean toss. I received an offer for some type insurance from Good Sam very soon after joining. On April 26, 19 days after joining (email was required when signing up), the lady said my email address was not showing up. I had to give it to her again. She couldn’t tell me the membership card and my merchandise credit was on the way, but said they would send it right out and it would be 2-3 weeks. No expediting - but I did get a “sorry” from her. NOW I have to wait 2-3 weeks MORE before I get my merchandise credit and membership cars. Nothing has changed.

Sharon,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam. I am sorry to hear about your experience with Good Sam Roadside Assistance and Gander Outdoors. Please send a private message with your mailing address and phone number so I can assist you.

Stacy

Original review: April 20, 2019

Called Good Sam when I was stranded. The tow truck came and told me the dispatcher sent the wrong truck. He said I would need "Dollys". I waited, no truck came. I called back Good Sam, they stated I would have to pay for another truck to show up because I sent the first one away. They believed towing company!!! You get what you pay for. Good Sam: Please don't ask me for a phone number and contact info to make yourself look good in front of people that dont know you! Y'all need to stop all the flim flaming!

Hello Steven,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about this issue.

We set a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that standard was not met in your interaction with us. If you would like us to look into this matter further, please provide your Good Sam Roadside membership number in a private message.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing today to complain of the poor service and rude service. On April 11th - we had a blowout on our camper - called for service, waited, waited, and waited - called them back still working on dispatching someone to assist us. Meanwhile after waiting a few hours, around 8:30 an TDOT assisted my husband on changing the tire. Then I called back and CANCELLED service for that evening.

The next morning, getting back on the road about 25 miles or so we had another blowout (which was caused from the previous blowout - we found out later, the rubber from previous blowout had wrapped around the axle etc and caused everything to get hot). I called for roadside assistance again - they started arguing with me about having service the night before which I kept trying to explain that the service call was cancelled!!! After being transferred several times and then hung up on - called back (by this time we have been sitting on the side of the road for couple of hours), a lady called back requesting size of tire - my husband kept trying to explain to her the size, ply etc. and she just kept getting rude with him. WELL after another couple of hours, not only no callback - still no service. Stating that I had service the night before - I CANCELLED that service call the night before - finally they sent someone out and put on a new tire, which we paid for $441.00...

I am so disappointed in this roadside service - I fully understand that there are others to be serviced but please stay in contact with the customer that is stranded on the side of an expressway AND not be so rude to customers that are already in a discomfort of the situation. I will be cancelling this service - and I will spread the word about this roadside assistance being horrible. By reading the previous reviews we are not the only ones disappointed in this service.

Virgil,

Original review: April 16, 2019

Acutal # of stars would be ZERO but it forces you to select something!! The GoodSam Roadside Assistance dispatch is awful. First problem- We were towed to a facility to only find out when the RV was placed in the wrong location and needed to be moved that it was initially taken to the incorrect facility. The GoodSam agent on the phone accused US (the consumer) of telling the tow driver the wrong location?? How ignorant does that sound and how would that be feasibly possible when we were stranded and didn't have any knowledge of anything in a city foreign to us.

I tried to tell the agent, I think her name was LaWanda or LaShanda (in dispatch), that she was not being compassionate at all considering. It's frustrating to break down and need roadside assistance to begin with and secondly for her to now accuse us of giving the tow driver the wrong address to take our RV. She remained condescending with her tone and she continued to talk over me. Instead of listening to her accusations and continued disrespect, I disconnected the phone call. This childish agent proceeds to call my number back, wait for me to answer, and then hang up on me.

Sounds pretty petty if you ask me and confirms a level of incompetence that you would so rudely treat your customers this way. I am very disappointed with the customer service I received during a time when everything was upside down. My time is valuable and I don't feel my concerns were met with the appropriate responses. Instead, I received unprofessionalism and was falsely accused of giving alternate directions to the tow driver... which doesn't make sense... because if the driver is directly dispatched from the company, wouldn't you think he would listen to the dispatcher (who is paying him for the job) and not the stranded client???? HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED!!

Treva,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam Roadside Assistance. I am very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. Please send a private message with your Good Sam membership number and your phone number.

Stacy

Original review: April 15, 2019

I was getting ready to leave on our trip, everything loaded and the RV was running. I shut and locked the rv while getting ready to leave, went back to the rv and the lock would not open top nor bottom. My husband called for assistance at 7:00 pm on a Saturday, Sunday came around and still no callback. So I went out to see if it would unlock would not, so I kept working with the lock and finally got it open. I locked it back again still did not open, waited a while went back and I finally opened it back up. I decided I would leave for my trip and lock the deadbolt and bungee cord the door till we got to our destination in Georgia.

Called. Spoke with someone again, no help still, called back again and spoke with a lady and she told us to take it to a rv service place and was accused of hitting the door that it was my fault that I broke the lock, I did not appreciate it at all. I will never take out a roadside assistance again, and I will inform the camping world that I got the rv just how I was treated and what we were told.

Hello Nancy,

Original review: April 8, 2019

April 2nd 2019 I had a tire that blew out on my 5th wheel. Called the 800 number and told the lady that I'm handicapped and needed someone to remove the blown tire and place the spare on it. She told me that she would text me with the provider and eta. After 1 1/2 hours had passed, she called me from this number (817-355-3405) and asked me what size tire. Never received a text from her. After another 2 1/2 hours had passed, I called the 800 number again and he placed the order again. It took four hours to get help. I am very agitated about this event. Then when I returned home in Indianapolis I was mailed an invoice for the annual dues. I think I'll put this on hold until someone gets back to me. If you need additional information from me please make contact. Respectfully, Lloyd **.

Hello Lloyd,

Original review: April 8, 2019

I have had Good SAM for a couple years. I never do automatic pay with anything. Good Sam decided to charge my credit card without my consent. I called to get money credited back to my credit card. Was told it will take 10 days. 10 days have passed NOTHING. In the processes of doing so. I was told my account was canceled. I never canceled my account. I give my account # to person on phone. They say Mr. **. I'm not Mr. **. What's going on here???

Hello Mike,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam. I am sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this. Please send a private message with your Good Sam membership number and your phone number.

Ella

Original review: April 2, 2019

This coverage is fantastic!... if you don't need it! They are very good at charging your credit card, not so good at covering you! While on vacation, my credit card was charged for renewal, when I contacted them by phone to ask a question, I was informed that my coverage had been cancelled! It's a good thing I didn't need roadside assistance as they mail the notification (which I still have not received, today is April 2nd, 2019, they say they mailed it February, 2nd, 2019) instead of notifying by telephone or e-mail, so I never would have known had I not called for an unrelated query.

When I called their membership question number, I found that the person(s) answering these calls can't help in any way. I have been a member for several years and until this past year, I have rarely used this service (once in 5 years) for anything. This past year, my husband and I purchased a classic vehicle, had a number of problems while on vacation in Florida. This vehicle required 4 tow services in 18 months. So, to bring you up to speed, that's 5 tow services in 6.5 years, but, because there was an increase in usage in a relatively short period of time, cancellation was the route they chose to take.

So, beware, if you need to use the service you pay for, they will cancel it WITHOUT any real notice. If you are on vacation, they will send it to your home address, fair enough, but, if you are like me, I have this coverage BECAUSE I am on the road. At the very least, they should e-mail you so that you are not stranded in the middle of nowhere. Deplorable service, I cannot wait to find a service that is reliable. I'm not sure if the company is aware that we now live in the age of social media, I will sure be sharing my experience!!

Deanna,

Thank you for contacting Good Sam. I am sorry to hear about your experience and would like to look into this for you. Please send a private message with your Good Sam membership number and your phone number.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance expert review by Lauren Fix

Known for its roadside assistance services for RVs, boat trailers and motorbikes, apart from standard passenger vehicles, Good Sam Roadside Assistance offers support in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.

• Unlimited towing miles: Members can get their vehicle towed to the nearest repair shop without worrying about towing miles.

• Travel-interruption expenses: If a vehicle breaks down 100 or more miles away from home, the service pays for expenses like food and lodgings.

• Automatically family coverage: All membership plans come with automatic coverage for spouse and children below 25 years of age.

• Discounts: Members are entitled to discounts at repair shops, car rental services and at more than 7,000 lodgings.

• Medical help: The service helps members find medical and legal help in case of emergencies on the road.

• Best for: Good Sam Roadside Assistance is best for families with multiple drivers, frequent vacationers and adventurers. It is designed for RV owners too.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Company Information