Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.39/5

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Good Sam Roadside Assistance?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I have had Good Sam Roadside Assistance in the past and had very good luck with them. I had to call them one night at around 11:30pm and they had someone out to assist me within 30 minutes. I had another company prior to Good Sam and they took so much longer to get someone to assist me.

Hello Andy,

Thank you for sharing your experience, we are pleased your are satisfied with Good Sam Roadside Assistance.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Broke down on a Sunday afternoon in Southern Arizona (18 miles east of Eloy and 45 miles west of Tucson). This area is better known as the middle of nowhere. Wife and 3 young children in our 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Coasted to a suitable place to pull over and immediately called Good Sam. The rep (Niesha) checked my coverage and said our 50 mile tow would be 100% covered! Unheard of. Amazing. Niesha texted me the names and tel numbers of both the tow company and the repair facility my Jeep would be towed to. She’s said the tow would arrive in an hour. They arrived in 30 minutes. Again - Unheard of. Amazing. Good Sam’s 3 letter competitor cannot match this; cannot touch this; not even close. GS just earned a member for life!

Hello Phillip,

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Get buying tips about Roadside Assistance Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

First time I had to use Good Sam, I was not able to - no fault of Good Sam's. I broke down (Diesel pusher motorcoach) in a bad location and hired a local mobile tech when Good Sam's referral was 90+ minutes away. It turned out that the mobile tech was unable to fix it and I had to have it towed to the nearest Caterpillar dealer; again, I was unable to use Good Sam as it was crucial to get it to Caterpillar before they closed and the mobile tech knew a tow company. Needless to say, the HD tow bill was painful! Since I didn't even TRY to use Good Sam for the towing ahead of time, I figured they probably would not honor my claim submitted after-the-fact. But, I was wrong: they paid the full amount of my towing! This is the right way to do business, and I am a member for life.

Hello Carl,

Thank you for sharing your experience, we are pleased your are satisfied.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: July 4, 2020

We have a 2018 40’ Class A Motorhome, pulling a 20’ aluminum trailer with a side-mounted full-size Harley Davidson & a Jeep. We did have roadside coverage for the MH through our auto insurance, but we were leery of what would actually occur should we ever need a tow. As a result, we decided to get the complete Good Sam package. Fast forward to two weeks ago.... We were driving through CO mountains, on our way to Utah, up from South Texas. We stopped to get fuel in a small town. My husband went to do his routine tie-down check, where he discovered we had (presumably very recently) experienced an explosion of oil — all over the engine bay/compartment, the trailer, his motorcycle, and the front of my Jeep. The oil dipstick was dry.

Called Freightliner, as we were under our warranty period. Freightliner informed us that Cummins actually warranties the engine separately, and not Freightliner, therefore they could not offer us a tow. Called the nearest Cummins dealers, about 95 miles away. Cummins only offers warranty-related towing the 1st year. Additionally, it wasn’t certain that the oil loss would actually be a warrantable issue. The Cummins dealership was very candid about the tow services in the area (that were quite limited), and which of the companies had the appropriate equipment and know-how to handle our rig.

Uugh! Oh, and to complicate matters, we forgot the hitch that fits to the Jeep, plus the Jeep does not have the 7-way electrical, so no way to use the Jeep to tow the trailer. Near-panic mode sets in to have to try to coordinate a complex tow on our own, never having actually having had to utilize the Good Sam service up to this point, and having to see about both the MH, and the loaded trailer.

Called Good Sam. Other than some difficulties actually getting the call to go through/connect (in a reasonable cell service area), and some misrouting, the agent that we received was extremely polite, attentive, and responsive. I explained all of the peculiarities, that we needed to get to the nearest Cummins dealership as we did not know the cause or extent of the oil/engine trouble, that we needed both a large MH in addition to a loaded trailer towed, that the small town we were in did not have adequate service facilities, and that of the available tow services in the small town we were in and the city we needed to get to, only one had the optimal equipment to properly handle our MH without removal of the driveshaft.

The agent noted all of the information, and informed me that she needed to verify the service availabilities and pricing, and that she would call me back, no later than 30”. She was true to her word, and called back with the good news that both the MH and loaded trailer would be towed (requiring two tow rigs) to the Cummins dealership and by the tow company Cummins strongly recommended...all covered by our Good Sam policy. I called back Cummins to update them and to work on getting the trucks dispatched, since the main driver was “on the other side of the mountain towing another MH” and was 2 hours away once he got back with his current call. They informed me that Good Sam had already given them the credit card information and authorization, and that the tow driver had been contacted! A+ Good Sam. Thank you!

Hello G,

Thank you for your time and sharing your experience with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. We are pleased you are satisfied and were assisted promptly.

Have a good day and safe travels.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have dealt with cops taking bribes in Mexico who had more honor than these clowns. Sara ripped our company off for 250 dollars by lying about the mileage of a trip we did for them. Took 3 days to get what little we received. I have blocked their numbers and would shut my business down before I'll ever do business with these clowns!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

The claims department works hard, but not for the member. They work hard for the company. When I submitted my claim, I was required to submit information as many would be expected to. It started when I called the dispatch while traveling through Oklahoma. The representative was very flustered and didn’t seem like he knew what he was doing. He had a heavy accent which gives me the impression that this is outsourced overseas. He said to take some pictures of the tire, then take it to get repaired. Once repaired send Good Sam the pictures and invoice and they will reimburse you up to 900 dollars for a tire and wheel if necessary.

I took the RV in for repairs and once the repairs were complete, I took the RV to the nearest recommended tire shop. I had the tire replaced along with a tire on the truck which required repair from a nail. There was no charge for the truck, but the tire for the RV was replaced. I submitted that information to Good Sam and they denied my claim stating that they were not able to determine if it was road hazard related.

This is not about the money. This is about how they treat members. I have been a member of Good Sam and never had to use their insurance. The one time I did, they gave me the **. I have calculated over 600 dollars in membership, not to include many of their other services. This was a bad experience from the beginning, and I will never give another dime to Good Sam again. Even though I have a house in the city, I have been a full-time RV’r for almost 3 years now. I will make sure that every person I talk to knows my experience with Good Sam.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I told myself I would not do any negative reviews on any businesses I dealt with due to the pandemic and everyone being stressed. But yesterday 29 Dec 2020 I had to clutch my pearls at how disgustingly rude I was treated by two people on the phone and then I was hung up on both times. I actually had to tell the rep that I am the CUSTOMER and He should not raise his voice at me. No matter the issue I presented, it did not warrant the treatment I received as a paying customer.

My husband has also been talked to very disrespectfully when we tried to get assistance while on the road. Before any rep can come and discredit me, listen to the recordings that I had to agree to. I want no one's job to be impacted but this company needs some serious training in customer relations. Also, to clarify I stopped my payment to them because the last 3 times we tried to file a claim so small issues, we were denied. I wanted ask if my current situation is covered before I made my payment by phone and that's when I was treated with no respect, when they saw my payment was rejected. Thus....the reason I called to get assistance. I’m sure I won’t get my situation corrected now but I will let others know how awful I was treated and I will take my hard earned $200 a month to another company.

Hello Leaka.

We apologize for the experiences you have had with Good Sam Roadside Assistance. We would like to look into these matters further. Please provide your membership and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

As a subscriber I thought info about our RV would be in the system. It was not. Dispatcher could not find our location, insisted we did not know where we were, 2 block from home. After 16 min we gave up.

Hello,

Thank you for providing your feedback and letting us know about your experience. We set a high customer service standard and apologize for the situation you have had. Please allow us an opportunity to look into this matter further. Please provide your Good Sam Roadside Assistance membership number and contact number in a private message.

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

After more than 10 phone calls and they'll be there at 5:48, they'll be there 9:30, they'll be there at 12:20am. I am still waiting for help. It's been almost 15 hours. They keep saying, "We'll "expedite" your claim." It's 4:30am.

Hello Marsha,

Good Sam Customer Care Team

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

STAY AWAY: I just had my 2015 Tiffin towed 52 miles to a Cummins dealer. It broke down in an area that I had no cell service, had to walk to use a landline. The call I made was to a towing service not Good Sam. With using someone else's phone is the issue of calling them and GS having to call back many times to get this done. And the possibility of the wrecker not showing up and having to walk back to use someone else's phone. Long story short by me not calling GS first they REFUSED to pay the towing bill. As it says in the program details call WITHIN 24 hrs and I did this. FYI- Tow bill was $1500.00 for a 42 ft motorhome.

Hello Matt,

Good Sam Roadside Assistance author review by Lauren Fix

Known for its roadside assistance services for RVs, boat trailers and motorbikes, apart from standard passenger vehicles, Good Sam Roadside Assistance offers support in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.

• Unlimited towing miles: Members can get their vehicle towed to the nearest repair shop without worrying about towing miles.

• Travel-interruption expenses: If a vehicle breaks down 100 or more miles away from home, the service pays for expenses like food and lodgings.

• Automatically family coverage: All membership plans come with automatic coverage for spouse and children below 25 years of age.

• Discounts: Members are entitled to discounts at repair shops, car rental services and at more than 7,000 lodgings.

• Medical help: The service helps members find medical and legal help in case of emergencies on the road.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Good Sam Roadside Assistance Company Information