3.3/5 (3453 ratings)
Get Pricing on Carvana

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Nissan

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. Read reviews for their many models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Nissan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I have two Nissan vehicles that had expensive repairs. 2017 Pathfinder with 52k miles, the dual radiator fans went out and Nissan customer care did nothing the help out. They said they couldn't do anything because it was 2k out of warranty. Second was a 2017 Altima with 80k miles. The transmission went out and they couldn't do anything to help out with the $6k cost to replace the transmission. I will never buy another POS Nissan. Their cars and service are the worst.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

I bought my 2011 Nissan new and after over 11 years and 113,000+ miles, it is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I've replaced brakes, 2 sets of tires and 2 batteries but that is normal. I have every expectation that I'll get over 200,000 miles out of it. When I purchase another vehicle, it's going to be a Nissan!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Brought a car. Only last for four years. Consumer affairs did nothing to try and help fix transmission problems. Never offered to help pay part of repairs. Just said too bad so sad. Just what a senior needs. Never buy a Nissan again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

I paid off a lease in July 2022. My lease was not over until August. I completed all paperwork and was told to wait for the title and bill of sale in the mail. I wait for a month and nothing, no contact from anyone and my registration was about to expire. I call them multiple times and they tell me wait. After the 3rd call they say they need an odometer document. I provide that, though they should have said that. Weeks go by and nothing. I call and they said there was an issue with the document so they cancelled the request... Are you serious. They don't communicate. They just leave you waiting. At this point my registration is expired. I contact them multiple times for the status of the title and bill of sale to register the car. They send it to the wrong name and the wrong address THREE times. Why would Bank of America's location be an apartment. How dumb can they be?

Every time they have to request a duplicate title it takes another 20 business days. They refuse to follow up with MVA. All they can say is to wait. It's October and my registration is still expired. The bill of sale which they told me would be overnight shipped has been sitting unmailed off for two weeks. I called and they had no explanation. I am so over them. Nissan has a check for a paid off car. Bank of America is getting their money every month from me and I have a car that has bad tags and cannot be driven because of their incompetence.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

Due to health reasons I extended my lease for 3 months or so I thought. Decided to buy the vehicle at the lease expiration. The expiration was 9/25/2022. The dealer salesman told me "You have until the end of September to complete transaction." We go to the dealer on 9/27/2022 to complete the purchase. When Nissan is contacted for the payoff amount they inform me that we are actually renting the vehicle month by month not a lease extension as we were told when we extended.

Also since we were past the maturity date by 2 days they added the monthly payment amount to the payoff amount. They also never sent an invoice for the month of October which lead us to believe we were good until the end of September. Nissan and the local dealer will do nothing to correct this bad faith mistake on both their parts which leaves me no alternative but to complain on social media. Be advised if you think you are extending a lease. You are not. Very disappointed with Nissan and Bowser Nissan. The car is great, the companies don't treat good customers as they should.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I had my car towed to the local dealership because the CVT transmission failed under warranty. That was on 8/17/22. Here it is 9/16/22. Nothing but lies from their consumer affairs division as to when the replacement transmission would be shipped and when a reimbursement check for my expenses would be sent. Dealing with corporate headquarters is a total nightmare. They have had my car for over a month and still no time frame for repair. I have emailed the CEO of the company as well as their alleged "Customer Satisfaction Specialist." No response. They won't transfer calls to anyone in the office, the operator tells you they only communicate by email. I would give them ZERO stars if that was possible.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I paid off my car loan around Marsh, 2022. We're now in September. It's been almost 7 months, and still no title. Every time I call them, they say "Maybe your title is held by the secretary of State". Well, when I was paying off my car loan, I was paying such money to you, not to the Secretary of State. It's your responsibility to make sure my title is mailed to me. You can't just get all your loan money, then ask me to go look for my title somewhere else. It's simple. I pay off the loan, you mail me the title. It's been a very bad experience with you. No more Nissan cars for me.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

Have contacted Nissan many times about a quality issue on a 2022 Nissan Frontier and dealer not responding to fix issue. This has been at least a dozen times over the past month. I have asked this to be escalated many times, have requested to speak to Managers to be refused. And now the case manager Tyler ** is on vacation for a week. This is a very serious matter and he is a total failure. Unacceptable behavior Nissan and Tyler.

Original review: July 27, 2022

I sent a check from my bank to pay off my lease over a month ago. I called and was told to wait a whole month for the check to be processed. Waited and called again and was told check was not received. Waited another week called again and now I am told that check was received a month ago but was sent back to me because it was missing a signature. No courtesy call to let me know it was received or that it was missing a signature. However I get a call from the dealer every day to go and get a new car. Lesson learn. I won't be doing business with Nissan Finance ever again. Awful customer service.

Original review: July 26, 2022

My wife and I live on a dirt road. We are also foster parents. We were in the market for a passenger van. After watching several videos about the ruggedness of the Nissan NV, we decided on it. Their advertisements show not only the NV, but nearly all of their vehicles driving through the desert. Cool, the dirt road shouldn't be an issue then. Not the case. We started having engine issues with the van and Nissan refused to repair it due to dirt/sand/dust. Nowhere in the warranty does it mention not covering repairs due to those things. It does say "other environment conditions" though and Nissan will use that to not honor the warranty. We have gone back and forth with them for nearly a year. It recently got escalated to an "Executive Specialist".

The "Executive Specialist" Jeremy called me back today. Apparently it is acceptable for Nissan to advertise the Nissan NV as having been tested under extreme conditions, driven through the desert and as an extremely rugged vehicle. Apparently there are flaws in Nissan's engine and emission systems that make them extremely sensitive to sand and dirt. Not exactly the most rugged vehicles as they have advertised. This next bit is interesting. Jeremy stated nothing will be covered under warranty, because the warranty doesn't cover environmental issues.

Here is what the warranty states: "This warranty does not cover damage, failures or corrosion resulting from or caused by: Stone chipping, chemical fallout (acid rain), tree sap, salt, hail, windstorm, lightning, flood or other environmental conditions." Notice that there was not a mention of sand, dirt or dust. Apparently Nissan feels they can advertise their vehicles driving through the desert, but consider dirt "other environment conditions" if they think dirt caused an issue. That is hilarious. Stay away from Nissan vehicles.

Nissan Company Information