Nissan

Nissan Reviews

Find a Best Car Brands partner
1.4(1,120)

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Nissan

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. Read reviews for their many models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Nissan Reviews

Stars Rating

• 10%
  • 90%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?
    Staff

Reviewed July 12, 2024

Today was a great day! Jeff ** and Richard ** are the Best Sales Consultants ever! They were both very knowledgeable and friendly. They both made my transition from one car to a new car smoothly. I couldn’t be more happier. Rockvill Centre Nissan is one of the best in the state. Thanks for always taking care of me.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed July 3, 2024

I have purchased 3 New Nissan products in the last 8 yrs. 2015 Murano, 2016 Sentra and 2020 Infinity Q80. I was very satisfied with the products until my daughter's 2016 Sentra went out with less than 68k miles. $7,500!!!! I did all the right things, purchased and extended warranty, serviced the care regularly, the car was driven less than 10k miles a year. The dealership Crest Nissan in Frisco, TX knew this was a known issue with Nissan, but offered no assistance.

After researching Nissan CVT transmission problems, I reached out to Nissan customer affairs (case# **) and they offered to pay half of cost, which was a nice gesture, but I don’t feel its enough! It was a known issue by Nissan, I received no communication from Nissan or the dealership there was a lawsuit about the Nissan Transmissions failures. I’ve spent over $120K on vehicles with this brand in 8 yrs. You can guess how much more I will spend with this brand in the future, and how many people I will tell about my experience.

Very Dissatisfied Customer

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 26, 2024

We have leased or bought several cars from Woodbury Nissan with very little problems. Until now! On April 29 they ordered a part to fix my air conditioner. As of right now June 26 no part. We have exhausted all the normal avenues for expediting the process. You could say it’s only the air conditioner but while suffering the record heat we still do not have an eta for the part. Oh and by the way Woodbury Nissan does not have a loaner program.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffReliability

Reviewed May 24, 2024

Shame on Nissan! I am not keen on bashing companies publicly, but as people may look to buy cars over the holiday weekend (myself now being one of them), I wanted to get this out there for awareness. I want to make it clear first that every person I encountered at the Chattanooga dealerships have been nothing but pleasant - Corporate, however, is a whole different ordeal. If you get anything out of this post, do NOT buy a vehicle with a CVT transmission. And I would strongly recommend avoiding Nissan; or at least be sure you get a damn good warranty, because you are going to need it.

My transmission initially crashed just shy of 75k miles in 2019 at the same time Nissan was the subject of a class-action lawsuit for allegedly selling cars with defective CVT transmissions. I believe this case settled in late 2019 or in 2020, after my incident. Because of the lawsuit they offered to fix (not replace) at a discount. I come to find out yesterday that the lawsuit settlement resulted in impacted parties receiving 100% reimbursement for their repairs, providing they were done at a Nissan dealership.

Fast forward to today, and here we are again. The model and year of this car should have lasted roughly another 40,000 miles (3.5-4 years, based on my average yearly mileage). I asked two straightforward questions:

1. Only a severely defective transmission would crash at 75k miles, unless it was in an MVC or not maintained (neither of which applies to me). Why did Nissan opt to try to fix it instead of replace it? He advised that it was a judgement call, to which I responded that it was clearly the wrong call. He stated that because the warranty has expired they will not do anything to try to remediate this, the $5,000+ bill to replace it would fall solely on me, and there will be no negotiating.

2. I moved onto the class-action lawsuit and asked him to explain why I was stuck with the $645 bill while others in the same situation received full reimbursement. He incorrectly stated that only applied to customers who had their transmissions replaced and not repaired (gee, wouldn’t that have been nice?). When I corrected him by reading the lawsuit verbatim he backtracked and said that it is too late to request that now and that I should have done it sooner, so no reimbursement for that. In the absence of communication there is no way I could have known about that since my issue was “fixed” before the case settled and would imply that we should all be Googling class-action lawsuits after work every day to see if we are entitled to anything. Hell, maybe we should!

My perception? Nissan had no interest in actually fixing the issue the first time around. Just do some subpar repairs that will last long enough for the warranty to expire then wash their hands from there. While these actions (or inactions) may not be illegal they are extremely unethical and go against Nissan’s mission statement of “…building trust with our…customers.” If you are considering buying from Nissan, I would encourage you to reconsider. As angry as I am for myself I feel especially bad for people who live paycheck to paycheck and have to endure this rubbish.

Price

Reviewed May 23, 2024

Display failed on 2023 Nissan Leaf under 20 months since purchase but 6K miles over the mileage warranty. Consumer Affairs offered to split the repair cost but would not give me a specific cost. Initial estimate was over $2500 for a display replacement but no guarantees that was the issue and could be more. I declined the offer and remain dissatisfied with Nissan's level of support for its customers. I do not recommend Nissan.

Reviewed May 21, 2024

I had a situation that involved a recall on airbag and after car was worked on all of a sudden I had an airbag warning light on my dash. Granted, it is possible that it failed just at the time they did the recall. All of a sudden diagnostic says I need an airbag cable assembly. Is it possible that the recall repair did not create the issue possibly, but I have a hard time believing it. Consumer Affairs reviewed and said nothing they could do. I was not surprised but disappointed that nothing they could do.

CoverageSales & Marketing

Reviewed May 17, 2024

I would give zero stars if that was an option, I have never dealt with a company that treats their customers so poorly, actually I have the actual dealership themselves (Bill Ray Nissan in Longwood Florida). I would never refer anyone to Nissan, we have been mistreated from the beginning, we have full warranty (and extended) but they're finding a way to make sure our repairs are not covered, from offering no help to then offering 80/20 but refusing to show us a break down of the repair and costs, to then providing us with not 1 but 4 different quotes, drive to the dealership to handle the costs due to having our vehicle for over a month, to being told oh we forgot to add in rags and bolts, bringing our total up to the 5th given estimate. I will never purchase a Nissan vehicle again due to this, they're scamming you out of your hard earned money.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

Never buy a Nissan. I got a 2017 Nissan XD Titan. The high pressure fuel pump went out. Now they want 23k to fix. Nissan knew that this could happen and failed to notify consumers. Now my truck is a piece of metal and I have a loan. Nissan thinks they are not responsible.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

Nissan knows their CVT transmissions are faulty. They had a class action suit against them and had to extend the warranty.... but a warranty is just a silent recall. If you are not made aware of this and go beyond the miles they will not repair. I gave my Nissan Altima to my daughter for graduation. Now it's been sitting for 7 months because she can't afford a $6300 new transmission and the dealer says if we would have serviced the car at the dealer's Nissan would have done a "good will" to repair. GOOD WILL would be to stand behind your faulty CVT transmissions.. and since when is GOOD WILL contingent on somebody else doing something? So I say again do not buy Nissan cars with the CVT transmissions. They are selling you junk.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed April 26, 2024

I have been a Nissan customer since the 1990s and have had great experiences both purchasing and driving a variety of models over the last thirty years. Since 2009 I have been leasing vehicles from Speedcraft Nissan in Warwick and found the sales and service folks a pleasure to deal with. They are knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. I have never felt sales pressure or that I’m getting sales hustle. The salesman that I’ve worked with over my last several lease purchases, Lee B., has been terrific to work with and has help me find vehicles that have met my needs. I recently leased a 2023 Rogue and have been very satisfied. I leased four other Rogues before my most recent purchase. I have never had a problem with any of the vehicles…Likely to lease my next vehicle from Lee at Speedcraft in three years.

Nissan Company Information