3.3/5 (3456 ratings)
Find a Car Brands partner

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Nissan

Nissan is a Japanese manufacturer of cars, trucks, SUVs and electric cars for every lifestyle. Read reviews for their many models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Nissan Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nissan?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I've been a loyal Nissan customer since 2005. Every 3 years I lease a new Nissan. I'm on my 6th and my LAST. The tires have been a problem from the beginning, wearing extremely and unnaturally quickly. Fast forward thru 2 more Altima's and 3 Rogues. I currently have the 2021 Rogue SV. I have had it for 1 year and 15,900 miles and I recently learned at my oil change/tire rotation that the tires are basically bald. The service dept didn't even rotate the tires, they were so bad. On a side note, they checked off that they filled my coolant, but they actually didn't and it's an inch below the line. Now I have to go buy some and do it because they are too far for me to just pop in. The tires...thru a few employees my husband and I learned some very useful info.

1. The service dept has been seeing A LOT of this problem, this is just the Gates GMC Nissan in Windham CT, one location, imagine nationwide. A million complaints online. 2. Apparently, they put these shiny pretty tires on the cars to help sell them, but they are very soft, so they don't last. 3. When they put the tires on these cars they only have 9/32 of an inch of tread but if you buy the tire new, they have 12/32. My car has 3/32 at 15,900 miles. In winter in CT. They knowingly sell these cars like this and then charge you $800 in tires you shouldn't need. The end result after going back and forth with Gates...they will sell us the tires for $600 and that's supposed to be a deal because they are $1000 tires! What?!? I drive a Rogue not a Mercedes!! So we are doing on our own and never using Gates or buying Nissan again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

What is the point of consumer affairs if they only side on the decision of the manufacturer? Oh wait, they are paid by them so why does it matter? When you go in for a claim on a defective part and they deny you because they came up with some ** to make it your fault to deny your claim. Last time I buy their product.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I am not a happy consumer with Nissan currently. I can’t say it is the brand Nissan more than it is the dealership where I purchased the vehicle from. I have owned many Nissan products and I love Nissan the Brand but not particularly the dealership. This dealership I have had issues with is ORR Nissan organization. They have three dealership that are all located in Oklahoma City. They are Nissan East, Nissan West and Nissan Central. At the current moment, the issue is with ORR Nissan Central.

I mentioned all three dealerships I have had problems with all of them one time or another. I recently was involved with vandalism and my windshield, rearview mirror, Radio and LCD screen are damaged. My insurance company has authorized that I take my vehicle to my preferred location to have these items fixed. I chose Nissan because I was under the impression that my vehicle is Nissan and taking it to the Nissan dealership would provide a better experience for me. I took my vehicle to ORR Nissan Central on December 5, 2022, because they assured me that they can get the parts and repair my vehicle as soon as possible.

The Service Manager Brad ** never communicate with me to provide updates. My insurance company USAA also informed me that Brad never communicated with them and provide updates to them either. My vehicle was just parked in their lots for almost 30 days and no work has been completed. My insurance company released the payment to the dealership now they are not in any hurry to complete the repairs. The other person at the dealership is the parts manager, Louis **. When I call him for a status update on the parts he ordered for my vehicle, I only get excuses that he was out of the office, he was at lunch, and he would check and call me back with an update. I never get the call. They lie in my face constantly. They are tarnishing the Nissan Brand. I don’t think that I will continue to be part of the Nissan family.

This negative experience is irreparable. I gave the dealership ample time to correct this issue, but they have not. I was told that the windshield was shipped but instead it was accidentally shipped to Dallas, TX. When the parts manager contacted Dallas for a status report, he was told that the part is missing. Several days passed by and Dallas, TX still is unable to locate the windshield. Now the parts manager must reorder the windshield which will take additional days to ship and arrive to OKC dealership. I do not want to hear it is because of the chip shortage and the COVID pandemic that is the culprit for these issues. We are on 3 years now since these problems arise. Some improvements should have been made at this time.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I have two Nissan vehicles that had expensive repairs. 2017 Pathfinder with 52k miles, the dual radiator fans went out and Nissan customer care did nothing the help out. They said they couldn't do anything because it was 2k out of warranty. Second was a 2017 Altima with 80k miles. The transmission went out and they couldn't do anything to help out with the $6k cost to replace the transmission. I will never buy another POS Nissan. Their cars and service are the worst.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

I bought my 2011 Nissan new and after over 11 years and 113,000+ miles, it is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. I've replaced brakes, 2 sets of tires and 2 batteries but that is normal. I have every expectation that I'll get over 200,000 miles out of it. When I purchase another vehicle, it's going to be a Nissan!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Brought a car. Only last for four years. Consumer affairs did nothing to try and help fix transmission problems. Never offered to help pay part of repairs. Just said too bad so sad. Just what a senior needs. Never buy a Nissan again.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

I paid off a lease in July 2022. My lease was not over until August. I completed all paperwork and was told to wait for the title and bill of sale in the mail. I wait for a month and nothing, no contact from anyone and my registration was about to expire. I call them multiple times and they tell me wait. After the 3rd call they say they need an odometer document. I provide that, though they should have said that. Weeks go by and nothing. I call and they said there was an issue with the document so they cancelled the request... Are you serious. They don't communicate. They just leave you waiting. At this point my registration is expired. I contact them multiple times for the status of the title and bill of sale to register the car. They send it to the wrong name and the wrong address THREE times. Why would Bank of America's location be an apartment. How dumb can they be?

Every time they have to request a duplicate title it takes another 20 business days. They refuse to follow up with MVA. All they can say is to wait. It's October and my registration is still expired. The bill of sale which they told me would be overnight shipped has been sitting unmailed off for two weeks. I called and they had no explanation. I am so over them. Nissan has a check for a paid off car. Bank of America is getting their money every month from me and I have a car that has bad tags and cannot be driven because of their incompetence.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

Due to health reasons I extended my lease for 3 months or so I thought. Decided to buy the vehicle at the lease expiration. The expiration was 9/25/2022. The dealer salesman told me "You have until the end of September to complete transaction." We go to the dealer on 9/27/2022 to complete the purchase. When Nissan is contacted for the payoff amount they inform me that we are actually renting the vehicle month by month not a lease extension as we were told when we extended.

Also since we were past the maturity date by 2 days they added the monthly payment amount to the payoff amount. They also never sent an invoice for the month of October which lead us to believe we were good until the end of September. Nissan and the local dealer will do nothing to correct this bad faith mistake on both their parts which leaves me no alternative but to complain on social media. Be advised if you think you are extending a lease. You are not. Very disappointed with Nissan and Bowser Nissan. The car is great, the companies don't treat good customers as they should.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I had my car towed to the local dealership because the CVT transmission failed under warranty. That was on 8/17/22. Here it is 9/16/22. Nothing but lies from their consumer affairs division as to when the replacement transmission would be shipped and when a reimbursement check for my expenses would be sent. Dealing with corporate headquarters is a total nightmare. They have had my car for over a month and still no time frame for repair. I have emailed the CEO of the company as well as their alleged "Customer Satisfaction Specialist." No response. They won't transfer calls to anyone in the office, the operator tells you they only communicate by email. I would give them ZERO stars if that was possible.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I paid off my car loan around Marsh, 2022. We're now in September. It's been almost 7 months, and still no title. Every time I call them, they say "Maybe your title is held by the secretary of State". Well, when I was paying off my car loan, I was paying such money to you, not to the Secretary of State. It's your responsibility to make sure my title is mailed to me. You can't just get all your loan money, then ask me to go look for my title somewhere else. It's simple. I pay off the loan, you mail me the title. It's been a very bad experience with you. No more Nissan cars for me.

Nissan Company Information