4.0/5 (649 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Jiffy Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

If you ever need an oil change, please go to Jiffy Lube 5917 Silver Hill Road District Heights MD, 20747 do not be fooled by the location. The employees were very professional and the Manager Mr. **, went up and beyond. They answered all my questions, paid attention to the little details, and it was all done with smile. They really made my day!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

The easiest and most efficient way to keep your vehicle in top condition is to ensure you perform regular maintenance and Jiffy Lube is the place to go. Highest level of service from start to finish! The moment you pull up to the garage bay door a service technician will greet you at your car. After inquiring about your needs they quickly pull your vehicle into the garage and begin their inspection. Then they meet you at their counter to review their finding and provide you with several options according to the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule. Whether you simply need an oil change, new filters, brakes, or even a tire rotation they complete their duties and have you driving back down the road again confident in the quality of the work they performed along with the knowledge of what and when service will be needed next.

We drove away and could hear the car saying thank you. The ride was smoother, our gas mileage improved & the convenient reminder sticker was placed on the window letting us know when we should enjoy a complimentary cup of coffee while reading the news during our next visit. Bring your vehicle to Jiffy Lube today and together they will ensure that your vehicle performs it best for many miles & years into the future.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Very nice people. Very helpful. Don’t know what I'd have done without them. Great service. Thanks for all the help. The car wouldn’t have gotten us anywhere without their help. Not to mention working on Black Friday and very speedy service.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Every once in a while we hear a news story about a popular well-known business exploiting their customers. We are told to beware of the auto mechanic because he or she may try to charge for repairs that are unnecessary. I know I sound cynical but it is not my intention. I have been that consumer that has fallen victim to a dishonest business practitioner of a well-known franchise in the past, but that's not why I am writing here today. I want as many people possible to know that the manager of the Jiffy Lube on NE 82nd (JL going forward), JJ ** and her subordinates are like finding a diamond in the rough.

Yesterday I pulled into the NE 82nd avenue JL to get an oil change for a vehicle I just bought. A young lady named Sydney was helping me; she was very pleasant and professional. I didn't have to wait long at all before I was lead into the car stall. After a couple of minutes both JJ and Sydney had serious looks on their faces as they came toward me. I was expecting to hear bad news but I was wrong! JJ and Sydney wanted me to know that the oil in my van was very clean as in I didn't need to get the oil changed. I am very impressed by both these two individuals Sydney and JJ, so much so that I just had to let everyone know about my experience. JJ could have just had Sydney and her crew to do the oil change to make that buck; instead they saved me the bucks and Sydney washed my windows anyway! Thank you everyone at the NE 82nd Avenue Jiffy Lube!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

My wife took our car in for an oil change and the Jiffy Lube associate charged my wife for an oil change but never actually did an oil change, 1 week later our car broke down due to no oil. On another incident, I took my car in to a completely different jiffy lube for an oil change and I specifically reminded them to check and fill all fluids including transmission fluid, 3 weeks later my car breaks down due to no transmission fluid.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

29 2022 visited Jiffy Lube 1600 Juan Tabo. I'm a long time customer. Everything was normal. Was shown an air filter they said was mine and I replaced it. I think at least I paid for one. Also needed a top off on my antifreeze they said and I approved. I now should have checked. 27 hours without driving my jeep it overheated. I went back to jiffy lube and they acknowledge that they did not check nor top off. My trust was broke. I have scheduled my dealership to check all the work jiffy lube said they did. ** was in the assigned dishonest employee and vi recently promoted to asst. Manager. Beware of store 1399 and all jiffy lube now. You cannot trust them.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

If I could give zero stars I would. Every single time I have North Ogden Jiffy Lube change my oil they have NEVER reinstalled my splash guard on my Chrysler 300 with all the screws, whereas there are only 4 screws. Then I have to order new fasteners that are $10.00 a piece, jack my car up and install the screws myself. One time they just left the splash guard hanging down and it ripped off my car on the first bump in the road, I ordered a new splash guard and installed it. Each time I go back I bring this complaint to their attention. They assure me that they will reinstall my splash guard with all the screws, yet they NEVER do.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Jiffy Lube is saying I'm responsible for my engine having less than 1 qt of oil 400 miles after my oil change, but confirmed there was no leak.... Dipstick was dry.... Now they are refusing to pay for repair costs to my engine and I am out of a vehicle....

Original review: May 4, 2022

Today I went to the service center located at 8215 W. Flagler Street, Miami, FL 33144, Store #1334, to service my car that needed an oil change and tire rotation. The technicians offered me to change my engine air filter as well as the A/C filter that I knew was full of my dog's hairs. They instructed me to use two coupons (promo codes: MY97B2 and XDSMZ2) to lower my costs (which were very high because they charge me $104.99 for 5.5 quarts of fully synthetic oil SAE5W-30 priced no higher than $25 in any store) and I did use them. One coupon was 10% off the whole service and the other one, $15 discount.

The entire bill was gross $266.43; 10% of that, is $26.64. If you add the $15 discount, the discounted amount must be $41.64 but they subtract only $30 and after that, added a $13.83 "State Tax" when they are registered as "Atlantic Coast Enterprises, LLC" and in Florida, LLCs don't pay State Tax. They charge me $49.99 for each filter when the filters cost between $20 and $40 anywhere. They thought that I was a woman easy to predate on and they just did it.

Original review: April 4, 2022

Went to Jiffy Lube then oil changed and Norwell Massachusetts I believe the Store number 343. They told me how much it would be before I started which is totally fine. Had no problem whatsoever. Some reason the mirror and decided that I couldn’t wait to check in the waiting room where I was on the counter that was there. I had to go sit in the car to write out a check at the writing out the check he wanted my license number and he wanted license then he wanted my phone number which I provided. I hand him a check and he refused to take the check stating that the bank would not take the check. I stated it is very difficult. I didn’t know they’d be this much of a problem. I asked him it would be easier for him just to give me back my oil when I leave and go somewhere else. He said he couldn’t do that.

I stayed it I don’t know what to do that maybe I’d have to call the police department. He he told me this is the second time the cops are called to the store. Today was only Tuesday. I don’t know if he meant the day before but anyways I called Jiffy Lube to complain. They listen to my complaint. Told me that The owner of the store would call me. When he called me find me that he already talk to a manager. They have and gave me the impression that I was totally wrong. I got no satisfaction or compassion from him. I stated to him why don’t you ask where I made out the check and try to figure out why I had to sit in the car. But anyways I was totally disgusted with my experience with Jiffy Lube.

Jiffy Lube author review by Lauren Fix

Jiffy Lube was founded in 1979 when it introduced the first drive-through service bay, making it easier for customers to get their oil changed quickly. Now, there are more than 2,000 franchise locations across the United States.

• Jiffy Lube Dashboard: Jiffy Lube customers can create a Jiffy Lube Dashboard account on the company’s website. They can keep track of all services performed at Jiffy Lube as well as receive maintenance reminders, promotions and coupons.

• Franchise locations: All Jiffy Lubes are now independently owned and operated franchises. Consumers support local business owners when they visit a Jiffy Lube. Different locations might have special offers and discounts.

• Recommendations tool: Consumers can view the manufacturer recommended service schedule for their make and model of vehicle by visiting the Jiffy Lube website. They can then see if there are any coupons for recommended services available at their Jiffy Lube location.

• Resource Center: The Resource Center section of the company’s website offers informational articles about maintaining a vehicle. It also has tips for driving safely and making an automobile more fuel efficient.

• Nationwide warranties: Certain products and services come with a warranty. These warranties are honored at locations across the country, so consumers will be covered even when traveling.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Jiffy Lube Company Information