Find an Auto Service and Repair partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Jiffy Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Every once in a while we hear a news story about a popular well-known business exploiting their customers. We are told to beware of the auto mechanic because he or she may try to charge for repairs that are unnecessary. I know I sound cynical but it is not my intention. I have been that consumer that has fallen victim to a dishonest business practitioner of a well-known franchise in the past, but that's not why I am writing here today. I want as many people possible to know that the manager of the Jiffy Lube on NE 82nd (JL going forward), JJ ** and her subordinates are like finding a diamond in the rough.

Yesterday I pulled into the NE 82nd avenue JL to get an oil change for a vehicle I just bought. A young lady named Sydney was helping me; she was very pleasant and professional. I didn't have to wait long at all before I was lead into the car stall. After a couple of minutes both JJ and Sydney had serious looks on their faces as they came toward me. I was expecting to hear bad news but I was wrong! JJ and Sydney wanted me to know that the oil in my van was very clean as in I didn't need to get the oil changed. I am very impressed by both these two individuals Sydney and JJ, so much so that I just had to let everyone know about my experience. JJ could have just had Sydney and her crew to do the oil change to make that buck; instead they saved me the bucks and Sydney washed my windows anyway! Thank you everyone at the NE 82nd Avenue Jiffy Lube!

Original review: June 18, 2021

I was noticing that my Toyota Aqua was quite jamming when I push the throttle to maximum. The acceleration wasn't efficient as it used to be. I contacted Jiffy Lube's customer support team member to get an advice and he simply asked me to change the engine oil. Jiffy Lube's team came to my house to change the oil and honestly I really feel my car to be as efficient as it was earlier. Thanks to Jiffy Lube for their cooperation and quality service. Moreover, No just this but also I got $5 off discount code for my oil change from **.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2021

My back was against the wall! I made my daughter a promise to get her car oil changed BUT misunderstood the date. She took time off to wait for me but after three garages I could not get my car in. I went to Jiffy Lube, Whitby as my last resort. Assistant Manager Mark came out and said they only take appointments (COVID) but "I will not turn you away!" He made arrangements with his staff and half an hour later I was on the road with fresh oil and thorough check of my vehicle. Since then I have taken my vehicles to JL three times. I can't believe the competent staff who seem very happy. This reflects on the management to whom my appreciation will never stop. Thank you Whitby Jiffy Lube!

Original review: March 14, 2021

I was going to go to my usual oil change place, but nobody was there, so I went to the new oil change place, Jiffy Lube in Manitowoc, WI. The first thing I noticed was how clean the oil change bays were. Next I noticed how friendly everyone is there. This is a full-service oil change station, and I highly recommend it to anyone. Everyone is competent, and I liked how they communicated with each other while the oil was being changed. Safety first! I have found a new place, and I will be going there from now on! Excellent customer service is obviously one of their priorities, which is something I greatly appreciate.

Original review: March 7, 2021

I usually go to Midas for servicing my car but today they didn’t have availability. So, I went to my nearest Jiffy Lube. I was impressed at the attention to customer service everyone in the shop had. I felt special. First time and the team made a great impression on me with recommendations, service, and quality of work. Definitely going here from now on.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Took our fleet vehicle (F-250) in for a diesel oil change and while was there they went ahead and suggested an engine air filter replacement as well which is fine except they charged $86.99 which is unbelievable and the air filter was changed only 10k miles previously so it seems like they were just trying to rack up a bill instead of replacing needs. Valvoline and Pep Boys right down the road from location both quoted over $40 difference in price for same filter. Needless to say we have learned our lesson and I will make sure to discontinue business immediately. Unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Sometimes I don't feel like I'm getting the oil that they state I'm getting and paying for, I don't notice a difference in the alignment etc. I also think that the waiting areas could be better. They are small and not exactly comfortable. I would hope in the future they can provide an app that shows what they did so we can create a regularly scheduled maintenance and I can gauge the service levels and feel better about it and return.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

They did not properly reinstall a pan on the bottom of my car. It was dragging all the way home. I had to wire it back up and drive back to Longmont. It cost me an hour on the road but they were not interested in compensating for the gas or offering me a future discount. When I said I would not be returning they cheerfully replied that that was 'My decision'. And I replied that they made a decision not to offer me anything for my lost time and money for gas.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The manager actually came out to check my car, and was very personable. He explained the procedures necessary and with 2 scenarios even! I would steer others to this helpful shop! They always put the customer's needs first!

Original review: July 25, 2021

Bottomline: Do NOT jeopardize your car maintenance by getting service with Jiffy Lube! If reliability of service and risk of damage after service are not your top priority, at least DO NOT get the service done in store #01051 (2310 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608).
Longer version: I had a three day trip to Orlando and Miami, followed by the International flight of my family. We had prepared for the trip.

On Sunday morning (June 20) I took my car (2018 Toyota Sienna) to Jiffy Lube for oil change. I was initially satisfied with how quick it was done. Then right before we left Gainesville, traveling less than 15 miles since the oil change, the engine oil light turned on. I took the car to the closest Jiffy Lube (Tower Road) which was closed. I parked the car there overnight to prevent engine problem.

Monday morning, the Jiffy Lube staff at that store checked the oil and confirmed it’s completely empty. He examined the filter and said the filter gasket has been tightened up too much and thus broken into two halves. He fixed the issue and refilled the oil.
Right after the fix, I took my car to the previous Jiffy Lube store on Archer Road and explained to the manager what happened and said I will follow up after my trip. As a result of the oil change issue, I missed my hotel reservation and was at the risk of missing the international flight, let alone the potential risk of engine break down (several thousand dollars), risk of someone breaking through my car parked overnight at the store spot, and putting my family’s safety in jeopardy.

Once I returned from the trip, I went to the Jiffy Lube store at Archer Road and talked to the manager and assistant manager, more than ten times in person and over the phone. They delayed any response saying they needed to talk to their upper managers, and refused to accept full responsibility for their mistake, by at least refunding me what they had charged for the oil change. They tried their best to refuse by putting all decision making responsibility on higher management, and then not accepting it.

Last time I went there in person to discuss it with the manager. The manager told me to stay in the lobby while he and the other person were working on the cars. From 10:10 AM to 10:40 AM, they worked on 4-5 cars without respecting my time, and refused to talk, so I left. This whole back and forth took 25 days. To conclude that, I will NEVER EVER go to jiffy lube again to get any car maintenance. I discourage you from doing so. What price are you willing to pay and how much risk do you take, in exchange for a little faster service? THINK TWICE!

Jiffy Lube author review by Lauren Fix

Jiffy Lube was founded in 1979 when it introduced the first drive-through service bay, making it easier for customers to get their oil changed quickly. Now, there are more than 2,000 franchise locations across the United States.

• Jiffy Lube Dashboard: Jiffy Lube customers can create a Jiffy Lube Dashboard account on the company’s website. They can keep track of all services performed at Jiffy Lube as well as receive maintenance reminders, promotions and coupons.

• Franchise locations: All Jiffy Lubes are now independently owned and operated franchises. Consumers support local business owners when they visit a Jiffy Lube. Different locations might have special offers and discounts.

• Recommendations tool: Consumers can view the manufacturer recommended service schedule for their make and model of vehicle by visiting the Jiffy Lube website. They can then see if there are any coupons for recommended services available at their Jiffy Lube location.

• Resource Center: The Resource Center section of the company’s website offers informational articles about maintaining a vehicle. It also has tips for driving safely and making an automobile more fuel efficient.

• Nationwide warranties: Certain products and services come with a warranty. These warranties are honored at locations across the country, so consumers will be covered even when traveling.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Jiffy Lube Company Information