Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.41/5

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

926 Jiffy Lube Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

I took my car here for a routine oil change 3/08/2019. On Sunday 3/16/2019 I was on the highway and the hood flew open. Thankfully nothing happened to me or my daughter. I reported this to Jiffy Lube. ** the manager came out to inspect my vehicle. All he did was lift the hood, saw some rust and that the hood wasn’t lining up and said it wasn’t their fault! How can the hood line up when it was just flown open almost off the hinges? He then says it took my tech 3 tries to make sure the hood was secure because it kept popping up. I was not told this!

It’s their responsibility to inform customers of these things so this wouldn’t happen if I knew. I have 2800 bucks of damages and they don’t want to pay but will help me with my deductible if I file with my insurance which I’M NOT! This is your fault! Fix my car! Do not go here. They don’t care about their client’s safety. Do Not Trust JL on 3630 N. Elston Ave Chicago, IL 60618.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I recommended my friend go to Jiffy Lube in Norman OK to change the oil in her older Ford Explorer because of their advertised prices. When she went in she requested the cheap oil change $23.** and their response was "No problem". After performing the service and attempting to sell her a brake job and various other "services" they told her she owed $56.**... my friend is young and inexperienced in the way mechanics treat women so she paid and left.

When she told me what happened and how much they charged her I called and spoke with the manager, he defended his serviceman's actions and said she hadn't brought the requisite $30 off coupon to get that price. I protested their actions loudly and promised a scathing review but was answered with "It is what it is"... Lord have mercy... For some reason twenty minutes later the manager called me back and apologized asking if my friend could come back and get a refund. This was the right thing to do, however, how many people don't complain? How many people just roll over and say "It is what it is"? Shame on you Jiffy Lube!

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 19, 2019

I drive over an hour to come get the service in Chesterton Indiana! Jerry has knowledge and customer service and has what it takes to make return customers!! Thank you Jerry, Bri, Niki!! You all rock!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I went into Jiffy Lube to get an oil change and tire rotation. The guy stripped my bolt then began yelling and saying awful things when I returned to report the damages. I went to tires plus to find out how much to replace the lug nut and oh my God! $125.00, I will never visit another jiffy lube as long as I live. That was the worst experience I have ever had to deal with from a car repair place.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I took my car to change the oil on the morning of March 11, 2019, at Jiffy Lube, 15121 Frederick Rd, Rockville-MD. After five minutes of analysis, the employee came to tell me that it was necessary to change the oil tank that was leaking. And that additional cost would be $100 for this service. There was no apparent leakage in the car, which was in the body shop recently. I did not accept the service. Half an hour after, I discovered the Jiffy Lube employee had lied. The oil exchange was done at a Shell near my house by an honest person who assured me that there was no hole in the oil tank. How long will these places treat women as ignorant misleading us that way? What a shame!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

Original review: March 2, 2019

On 2-26-19 I had my oil change done at Jiffy Lube. I am a long time customer. Two days later my skid pan came off when I was driving. The technicians had failed to secure it. When I spoke to the area Manager, two different times, these are the memorable quotes. "When I fly on a plane I hope that the pilot can land the plane, that doesn't always happen." The second quote was "If someone wants to sabotage their own skid pan to get a free oil change then so be it." These are the kind of unprofessional and immature young men that represent this company. I should note that they eventually fixed the problem with a zip tie and some of the screws. Stay away at all cost. They are dangerous.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Went to get a brake job that Stefen had offered during a previous oil change. After informing me that the rotors would need to be replaced, IN TIME, he went ahead and replaced the pads as agreed. After one and a half months, I brought the car back for the store to fix the constant brake squealing that began after they replaced the pads. After again, informing me that the rotors would need to be replaced, IN TIME, Stefen informed me the brakes were fixed and that if the squealing persisted it should go away in a few weeks. After giving the benefit of the doubt, and allowing for a NUMBER of weeks for the squealing to go away, I ultimately went to AAMCO to have the brakes worked on properly. Granted, AAMCO resurfaced the rotors as well, but Jiffy Lube never informed me the rotors were of such immediate importance.

After contacting Jiffy Lube for reimbursement, and speaking with Stefen's manager Mike, they informed me that they would not reimburse my expense as I WAITED TOO LONG to address the matter. Waited too long? I first addressed it after only one and a half months or 45 days, well within normal warranties! Mike further stated that he had worked with Stefen for a number of years and that Stefen had no reason to lie that he had informed me of the importance of replacing the rotors immediately and that declining the replacement was against his advice. No reason to lie? How about covering his own **!

Essentially, this implied that I was the one that was lying! So much for customer service! This advice not only was not given to me at the time the job was done, neither the first nor second time, it was purely given to Mike in hindsight for purposes of CYA. Oh well, I can't force them to do something they don't want to do. But, I can advise to SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY if you are thinking of having your brakes done here. My wife ran into a similar brake issue with this store about 6 months ago that also went unfixed after an additional visit for them to remedy the mistake. Lo-and-behold, this also had no bearing with Mike. GO ELSEWHERE. You will likely be going elsewhere later anyhow. Save yourself the time and money!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Came in and got out in about 30 minutes. Checked my oil before I went in and after to make sure they performed the services I requested. They did not push any unnecessary services this time around which was nice. This visit and location seemed very good. 2414 Southern Blvd Rio Rancho, NM.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Very dishonest personnel at the 7406 W Central Ave, Wichita, KS. Went in for an oil change with Jiffy Lube coupons for two cars. Called first asking if it would be honored for both car, providing year and make and whether coupons would be honored and was that the total cost per coupon. They assured me that the coupons would be honored for my two cars. Again, before taking the cars in, I was assured by the attendant that the coupons represented the cost.

After waiting over an hour and a half, the attendant comes out advising that the coupons would not be honored and the cost of the oil change would be at least double the coupon price since both cars held more than 5 quarts. I decided I was not going to be ripped off by their facility and left without any service. If they were honest up front, I would probably have had both cars serviced as I needed brakes as well. But since they lied by omission and attempted to defraud me, I would not ever go to any Jiffy Lube. While waiting in the waiting room, other customers were complaining that they were told that they needed additional services that they knew were not correct. STAY AWAY ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A WOMAN.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I went to Jiffy Lube today 2/11/2019 for an oil change because they list various other services included with this. The first on the list is they check transmission fluid. When they were finished and were reviewing what they did I asked if my transmission fluid was low. The man said he didn't know as they couldn't check it. When I asked why as it was included on their list he stated they can only check dip stick transmissions and my jeep has a cap and they don't have the equipment. Really? Maybe that should be posted that cannot check any Jeep tranny fluid. After I paid $50.96 cents for an oil change I now have to go to the mechanic to have tranny fluid checked and pay for that. Had I known this in advance I would have just had the mechanic change oil when checking tranny fluid and only had to pay once! Very Unhappy!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

This wasn't the first time I used the Mai St location in Summerville, SC but it will be my last time. When I was there I noticed they called the Manager down under my car, given your only allowed to sit inside the lobby you can not hear or see what goes on. I finished up paid what I thought was too much and left, by the time I had driven 1 mile I could smell oil burning from under my car. I waited a couple days thinking it was nothing more than spilled oil, however, it did not stop so I took it back thinking maybe something was loose. I noticed he got my tag number and went back into my file and was typing, when he came out he said "I told you there was a leak under there, I even wrote it on the ticket!" When I told him there was NO Leak when I came here, he did NOT tell me there was any leak when I left I could see he was going to continue to lie so I left. I would NOT use this place for service of any kind!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I went to Jiffy Lube #780 on January 2, 2019 to get new wiper blades. While their the worker told me I'm due for an oil change also. I agreed to have the oil change also. The worker returned to the waiting room where I was at and informed me that my rear brakes are going bad. I informed him that I'll take care of that another day. The worker returned and told me that the air pressure was low in tires and that he'd fill them. When they were done with my car they moved it outside and then charged me $180.15. After paying the price I was given an invoice and my car key.

The invoice had the signature that I used on the credit card swipe machine transposed on it. I left and got into my car and noticed that the windshield was cracked. I informed the worker at Jiffy Lube and he said it cracked prior to service and that it's written on my invoice. I stated that it wasn't cracked when I drove my car to the Jiffy Lube shop and handed it over to them. I asked why wouldn't they mention it to me if it was cracked prior to service. The worker stated that their procedure is to document it on the invoice. This is the same invoice that they create after the service is done and is given to the customer after they pay the bill.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I changed my car batteries after advice from a Jiffy Lube associate even though the original battery did not have any major issue. There was a minor delayed cranking before the Car started that the associated attributed to a Battery issue. The original battery lasted 6 years and the car never had to be jump started. This new battery lasted only 1 year and 25 days. It had to be jump started twice after the 1 year mark. They install inferior batteries that only last the lifetime of the warranty and has only that much Acid inside to last that long. After the 1 year mark they do not support and just say Sorry. Absolutely no customer service for a dissatisfied customer. This happened at the Jiffy Lube at 300 W Plaza Dr, Mooresville, NC 28117.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I took my car to Jiffy Lube for an oil change and two days later when I started driving my car it stopped in the middle of the road. I have never had an issue before with my car. Took the car to service by a dealership and was told that Jiffy Lube put the wrong oil in my car and had to pay again for them to pull the oil and do a new oil change. I went back to Jiffy Lube to get at least refunded for their stupidity and they refused. They have messed my car up and will pay for it. Beware!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

The top price rated for an oil change using synthetic, is a $70.00 service total. The most expensive antifreeze is about $14.00 a gallon,(which I had just serviced) but they said was low. The pricing I used above is including labor in most shops locally. We have been Jiffy Lube customers for years, but $109 service cost is a little steeper than what they used to charge, and they got the wife on using synthetic - instead of the mix which I prefer. Trust is the big factor for me, and I will be thinking twice before visiting Jiffy Lube again.

Resolution response: Feb. 17, 2019

**UPDATE** JiffyLube Corporate Office based in Texas recently contacted me requesting me to e-mail them the invoices for the repair of my car and they sent me a check to reimburse my expenses.

I'd like to express my appreciation for D'Evelyn and Ron of JiffyLube Corporate office for settling my case and restoring some of my faith to JiffyLube. Of course, I would also extend my thanks and gratitute to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services for mediating this process and also to Atty. Mike Sechrest who tried to contact the Gainesville JiffyLube franchise managers negotiating for the reimbursement, however, as expected the local franchise managers said there was nothing they could do but escalate my case to the corporate office, shame on them.

Upgrading my star-rating from one to two star.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I went for an oil change on 1/12/2019, everything seem to be ok when I drove the car home after that, however, couple of days after when I was driving on my way to work around 6am when it was still dark, I noticed that my car front lights were getting dimmer and to my horror they all went out and the steering wheel was getting harder to maneuver. I was very lucky that I did not figure in an accident and made my way to my office and half-way through the parking area my car totally died out.

Around 10am my colleagues who were knowledgeable with car mechanics helped me check what had happened with the car and found out that the hood pole melted on the positive transmission of the battery. Apparently, the Jiffy Lube guy who changed the oil on my car did not properly place the pole hood properly so when the car was running it was displaced and landed on the battery. I bought this car sometime June 2018 and never had issue with this car, I drove it from home to work and on one occasion to Orlando (130 miles from Gainesville) and I never had any problem. I contacted Jiffy Lube directly and told them what happened and after their manager took a look at the car they decided that it was not their fault since the pole hood holder was broken in the first place.

Now this claim is contentious because if it were broken before I brought the car to their service station I would have experienced this issue long time ago. Most likely what happened is the repair guy broke the pole hood holder while he was doing something with the car and did not advise me. Since they will not own up to their negligence or lend partial support to fix the issue I have filed an official complaint to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Currently checking with my lawyer due to life endangerment due to their lackluster service. Avoid going to Jiffy Lube if you can, there are other more reliable and competent service centers around. They will just leave you hanging in the air something happens to your car due to their negligence.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I arrived at Jiffy Lube to a seeming nice gentleman saying he would get my oil change done as soon as they could, this was the ONLY good experience from this facility. After telling them I only wanted a basic oil change this same gentleman proceed to argue with me about what I previously put into my car and how what I'm choosing to put in now isn't good for it... WELL THEN why do you offer that?!? Not only that but why would ANYONE pay over $40 for an oil change??

I really wish this was my only issue with Jiffy Lube but it isn't. After they were done the oil change they asked me to come out to discuss my level from the tests they ran... Tests which I did not ask for nor did I consent to them doing. According to them I needed a new battery, new windshield blades, new filters (with the whole song and dance about how it is bad for you and for your car), all my fluids were extremely low and my tires needed to be replaced... YOU ARE JIFFY LUBE NOT A TIRE PLACE.

At this point I am beyond annoyed and call my husband because all I wanted was a basic oil change. I explain what they are wanting me to pay for (knowing full well I will not be paying for any of that). He proceeds to tell the guy where to go and he shot back, "Well if your car breaks don't call us..." WHAT THE HECK?!? $60 later I can assure you I will not be back NOR will I ever recommend anyone to go to a Jiffy Lube. Moral of this review go to Canadian Tire, get the oil and a new filter and do it yourself..

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

My husband and I went to Jiffy Lube for a rear drum brake job, and left with misdiagnosed oversized drums, which they tried to blame on my master cylinder, and no hydraulic pressure, which I assumed was from the brake line that they cut. I picked up my car, and almost crashed in their parking lot. They have only refunded me what I had paid in their services, but that doesn't include the tows, and extra repairs, such as the line bleed. Oh... I am also banned from Jiffy Lube.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Took my car in for ONLY oil and filter change. As usual, I refused to purchase new air filter. As I wait, I notice several customers are getting new radiator caps. Radiator caps? That's strange. Then, manager shows me MY radiator cap. Says it failed their pressure test. Well they chose the wrong person to pull that trick on. I know cars, and I know radiator caps. And I knew my like knew radiator cap was not bad. They shrugged to indicate I was making a terrible mistake for not buying their new cap. After I left, I checked the radiator cap - it was fine and held pressure as it should. OK, maybe their test equipment was faulty and they were not aware. That is not likely. But otherwise, they were just scamming their customers.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

So I usually do my own maintenance on my vehicle for this reason. I have the flu and my truck needed an oil change, I had already bought the oil and filter. So when I left the doctor's office there was a Jiffy Lube across the street. So I told them just want a oil change with my oil and when they get done, they still charge me $31.99. That’s what I paid for the oil. So if I was you and you have your own oil and stuff go anywhere else and it will be $10-$15.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

When I arrived to the Jiffy Lube on Marks St in Henderson, NV. I asked if they could repair my driver rear tire, that my engine light was lite and wasn't and that my trans fluid was low. Well after my oil change, I asked if my tire was repaired and the tech started they didn't do that and I could go to Discount Tire. I asked if my trans fluid was filled and the man stated yes. Well on the print out it stated low for trans fluid and not fluid added. I noticed they never filled that trans fluid. The only good part was going to Discount Tire for new tires but I had to get trans fluid from O'Reilly and fill my own trans fluid. This is the second time they didn't stop off fluids. Last time my brake fluid was low and never filled it. I will never go back to Jiffy Lube and you are lucky my car never had a problem due to your inept service. You are overpriced and do not provide a good service. I am dumbfounded by how awful your service is and I will never be back.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I went to Jiffy Lube recently and asked for an oil change only. I was charged 104 dollars which is outrageously exorbitant. All kinds of unnecessary services were added, possibly to pad bill. Some of these added services included "checking windshield washer fluid level, checking light bulbs" just to name a few. Terrible business model. Do not use.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

My daughter brought my car here the begin of Nov. and that was basically the end of my car. She Paid 76. dollars for the oil change which is crazy, but they didn't put the oil plug back correct and it blew my engine. Store Manager would not even phone me and let me know where I stand. Thank you to Heartland Automotive, They Jumped in and got my engine replace and sadly that engine was knocking after just a few days. They sent my car back to the same shop. They use a individual shop for their engine replacement and then second engine blew, that is what the Mechanic told me. Jiffy Lube is standing by their claim it was my starter. They had given me a rental, but later retro canceled it without notice. VERY disappointed with my entire experience. 2 Months have passed and I have NO car.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I'm serious when it comes to reviews. I've been waiting for this moment for a long time. Here is my review of the Jiffy Lube. I visited in Tucson across from Holy Hope Cemetery on Oracle over 10 years ago. I went in for an oil change and afterwards I was harassed about fixing everything else that was wrong with my car. I told him to give me my car keys or I would call the police. There I said it. I felt awful and I felt taken advantage of. I can only imagine the crap that females have to go through with pushy knuckle dragging salesman/mechanics...

Go to Midas instead. I told the Midas guy what happened and he said; "Oh no. We don't do that, we give you a list of what's wrong with your vehicle and it's up to you if you wanna fix it or not." The moment he told me that after giving me my receipt and diagnostic info I walked out of Midas with a spring in my step and a smile on my face.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Last year my husband took our 1969 Ford pickup to Jiffy Lube before he stored it for the winter. In April of this year he went to get it out of storage and all the oil was on the floor so we took it to our regular mechanic. He found that they had cross threaded the oil pan plug and it could not be repaired. It took a while to find a replacement oil pan and it ended up costing us $800 for parts and labor. Jiffy Lube mgmt sent the request for reimbursement into corporate in May 2018. After repeated calls, they tell us it’s up to Corporate to respond. It’s almost Christmas and no response. Do NOT take your vehicle to Jiffy Lube. They do NOT stand behind their work.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

My wife took her car to Jiffy Lube after I warned her it wasn't a good idea. I had a previous bad experience there. A week after her oil change she noticed her oil light come on so she put more oil in. A week later the same thing. The following week she put in more oil twice in one week before saying something to me. I told her that doesn't sound right so went out and checked. As soon as I looked under the car I could see the oil dripping off of the oil filter. I reached under and was able to tighten it at least a full turn. No more oil leak. I can't believe a professional business would make such a simple mistake. You are better off taking it to a place that employs mechanics.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I went to Jiffy Lube for an oil change. The technician told me they had a special. For a few more dollars I could get a free oil change and three car wash tickets. When I checked out I asked them where was my free oil change. I questioned them why I was still being charged for the oil change if it was free. He told me it was in the $49 becoming off the bill. When I went home I noticed the $49 was still charged to me. I called the corporate office. A store manager called me and told me that there was no free oil change but two free car washes. He also told me if I brought the car wash tickets back to the store he would adjust my bill. I wonder how many people they scammed with this deal.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

HR-V Honda 2016. Hi there... There was a mistake in the emission paperwork given to me. Can you please make sure the new one is correct? I spent gas and the emission fees. Should be covered by Jiffy Lube.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Time in 8:30 am. I stopped in to have a couple exterior lights replaced, a tire rotation, windshield wipers replaced, and of course an oil change. After having four people doing what they do, oil changes. One comes to me and says they can’t change the bulbs on the top. I watched them try different screwdrivers Before the man came to talk with me. I said, "That’s fine I will change them myself. So now it’s windshield wipers, oil change, that hasn’t been finished yet, and a tire rotation.

The hood is down there cleaning and taking off their mats from my vehicle, so the oil change's done. One starts to change the windshield wipers. One starts the vehicle and looks around and says something isn’t working right. The light is still on, Another says oops I have to put this back on. OK I know what you’re thinking, at least they open the hood to put it back on, it’s orange in color and about an 1 1/2 long. I don’t mind. Good, good job for taking the initiative and reinstalling the part that was removed from my vehicle, thank you.

So now it’s this part and tire rotation. The young man cannot get it Reinstalled. As I’m watching and listening one sees that I am watching in stands between the glass in my vehicle with his back towards me as so I cannot see the struggle. He asks his boss for help and tells him that he can not get it screwed back on. His boss says OK, and never comes to help him or addressed the situation with him. 10 minutes later the hood goes down. His boss is billing somebody out. So I waited patiently for the customer to leave the building and I spoke up and asked the boss what was going on with my vehicle. There have been for guys trying to get on a part, what part was it that he is having trouble with? He said he was just about to go find out. I said thank you as he is going to walk out the door.

Then he turns to me and says, "You don’t need to talk to me that way. It is belittling! I was just about to go see what the problem is! Don’t talk to me like that!" And he literally turned around and got in my face, And then proceeded to say, "Talk to me like a man." Wow. I’m sorry. What, me asking a question about my vehicle while there are four young men trying to get something back on to my vehicle. If I wasn’t a business owner, I’m sure it would have played out a bit differently. I wouldn’t have waited for the customer to walk out of the building, I would have belittled him, I would’ve gotten back in his face when he raised his voice.

He comes back in 30 seconds later and says the snorkel to the air filter he couldn’t get back on. Then walks away quickly. I didn’t even have time to respond to it. Angie the cashier, she was pleasant with me. I think it’s time for Jiffy Lube to re-train or better yet train their staff on how to be, I don’t know honest, maybe how to have some integrity. So an oil change, windshield wiper blade and a Manager having horrible customer service. I still don’t know what the part was. I guess I’ll have to figure that out while I'm rotating tires and replacing light bulbs. Time out 9:40 am.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

As long as I’ve could remember, Jiffy Lube has done free Veterans Day oil changes. I went to the one in Hermiston, Oregon today and said that’s the reason I was there and was told they weren’t doing it and they weren’t told about it. The manager spoke to me and repeated the same thing without checking or anything. Not a big deal they wouldn’t do it, but would’ve have at least liked him to go check on it.

Jiffy Lube expert review by Lauren Fix

Jiffy Lube was founded in 1979 when it introduced the first drive-through service bay, making it easier for customers to get their oil changed quickly. Now, there are more than 2,000 franchise locations across the United States.

• Jiffy Lube Dashboard: Jiffy Lube customers can create a Jiffy Lube Dashboard account on the company’s website. They can keep track of all services performed at Jiffy Lube as well as receive maintenance reminders, promotions and coupons.

• Franchise locations: All Jiffy Lubes are now independently owned and operated franchises. Consumers support local business owners when they visit a Jiffy Lube. Different locations might have special offers and discounts.

• Recommendations tool: Consumers can view the manufacturer recommended service schedule for their make and model of vehicle by visiting the Jiffy Lube website. They can then see if there are any coupons for recommended services available at their Jiffy Lube location.

• Resource Center: The Resource Center section of the company’s website offers informational articles about maintaining a vehicle. It also has tips for driving safely and making an automobile more fuel efficient.

• Nationwide warranties: Certain products and services come with a warranty. These warranties are honored at locations across the country, so consumers will be covered even when traveling.

• Best for: Jiffy Lube caters to those who want their vehicles serviced quickly.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Jiffy Lube Company Information