Jiffy Lube

Compare Auto Service and Repair

Research top Auto Service and Repair recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was in Jiffy Lube in silver spring Briggs Chaney road on 10/29/2016 for oil change and on 11/15/2016 my car was making a noise and when I took it to the mechanic he told me there was no oil. I call them. One guy told me to put oil and bring it the next day. It will be Saturday 11/18/2016 when I get there. He checked it and say there was oil and to tell that I drove 2000 miles. Try to make it my fault. Just 2 weeks I did not drive 2000 miles. Jiffy lube is the worse oil changing place. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND JIFFY LUBE TO MY WORSE ENEMY.

I went to Jiffy Lube in Lake Elsinore, for a oil change and mind you my truck was spotless. After they returned my truck there was oil stains and smudges all over the front and I'm thinking they were trying to wipe it off they made a bigger mess and before going there my windshield was spotless. Needless to say who knows what they spilled on there is. Had to take my truck and get it washed. When I had brought to the supervisor attention his reply was "yeah it happens often." Last time I spend over 100$ there and get a oil change. I never had that problem anywhere else. Very disappointed.

Went to Jiffy Lube just after I had the motor rebuilt in my truck. They did an oil change all right but didn't tighten the oil plug. I drove away not knowing this and shortly after truck sputtered and died. My mechanic said engine was seized due to NO oil. I contacted Jiffy Lube and the manager said they weren't responsible and hung up on me. It was going to cost more to take them to court than the truck was worth. Now I'm out $3,500.00 for a new motor that is now toast. I honestly don't know how these dumbasses are still in business.

After reading hundreds of similar reviews it's pretty clear they don't care about their customers except to take their money and screw up everything they touch. I now do my own oil changes. Don't be fooled by their ads that say now under new management because nothing has changed. A few weeks later the same thing happened to my brother and his wife. Come to find out none of their technicians were ASE certified like they claimed and most of them had criminal records. Jiffy Lube is an absolute joke!

I should have checked the reviews for Jiffy Lube first and I would have gone elsewhere. I was attracted by a discount coupon for a $27.99 oil change. I was told that I could upgrade to a synthetic blend for a few dollars more. I did so because I have used synthetic blend before. I was surprised that the "few dollars more" was $64.98 more! Now that I've been fooled once I'll be sure to avoid Jiffy Lube in the future.

Had Jiffy Lube replace brake pads/Shoes/Rotor at store #1305 on 04/20/16 in Raleigh, NC. Invoice # ** at cost of $412.33 minus 30.00 inspection. After taking trip on 04/22/16, brakes continue to heat up and cause damage to brakes at a cost of 622.12 by AAA invoice # **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

I will not take my truck back to Jiffy Lube. I went on October 9 to get an oil change. Now my truck making noise. My truck never made those noise before now every time I go over a hump it makes noise. I went to Jiffy Lube on 20280 NW 2nd Ave. I'm mad now.

I took my 2000 Chevy S-10 extreme to Jiffy Lube for oil change. I know the first few days you might smell burning oil, if they got it on exhaust system. But, it went on for 5 days. Checked oil stick, it is over filled. Plus, a leak from somewhere. So took it back, explained problem. So Jiffy Lube, looked at issue and said my oil pan is leaking. Now my boyfriend has always changed my oil. Never any problems. But, this time I take to Jiffy Lube because boyfriend is working 13 to 14 hours a day and has no time to change my oil. I took to Jiffy Lube, thinking I would get quality work done. Boy was I wrong. Now Jiffy Lube doesn't own up to them causing the problem. So now I have to take truck, to a better mechanic and have them fix oil pan leak. Pray that's what is wrong. Taking their word for oil pan leaking. Will find out when I take to a more experienced mechanic. Unbelievable. Never returning to Jiffy Lube ever.

I went and got my oil changed over a month ago. I leave and hear something Drag on. Thought maybe my tire was flat and that was the noise. That wasn't it. I have a panel underneath my car they did not screwed on correctly so I try to push it up and when I drove away while I was on the interstate it flew off my car. They had already closed so the next morning I called and talk to the manager. He told me to come in. I came in. He asked me if I wanted three free oil changes or wanted it replaced. I said I wanted it replaced. He took all the information of my car and mine, told me he would order it and get back with me. Still have not gotten any call from them.

On the back of the receipt there's a one 800 number to call and talk to someone. They didn't answer so I left a message. They never called me back. So the rest of my panel underneath my car is loose because it's missing its other piece. I am very upset that no one has gotten back to me. They were quick to take my money, messed up my stuff and aren't fixing it! I will never go back to a Jiffy Lube and I will never recommend going there to anyone.

When driving my 2006 Nissan to P.F. Changs with my family, my car sputtered out on the side of the road. The problem was I had had my oil changed at Jiffy lube the day before. When I arrived in my new 2016 Toyota the next day to confer, oil changer ** said he "accidentally" put mobil in instead of castrol in the oil can. I had told him SEVERAL TIMES not to do that, because the car would get totaled if mobil was put in. Then the enraged ** poured oil on my son Alex. Grrrrrr.

About a month ago I went into my local Jiffy Lube. I paid the extra money to get the synthetic oil change and then engine service. Well the very next day a friend of mine needed a ride. So I drove up to Bellingham from Seattle, and on my way back home my engine blew up. I had my truck towed to my mechanic and my mechanic discovered that there was no oil in the engine. Talk to Jiffy Lube. This send out a technician who took samples and now it's a month later and I'm still waiting on word. They did get me a rental truck but now the rental company is hounding for money. Numerous attempts to reach Jiffy Lube corporate office. My claims manager refuses to get it back to me.

Now I'm starting to freak out thinking I'm going to get stuck with the rental bill. I'm at my wits and I've tried numerous times to get ahold of my claims manager but she will not call me back even though her message clearly says she will get ahold of me within 24 hours. About ready to pull what little hair I have left out of my head. Somebody please help. Lol.

Jiffy Lube in Marion Iowa gave the worse service ever. When receiving bill, I addressed the fact that I had watched from window, and that Air filter had not been checked, vacuum floors had not been done, Antifreeze level not checked, windows not wiped/cleaned, Cabin Air filter not checked, and inflated tires way above proper pressure. I told Manager, very poor service, and would never return. Should have asked for money back. Not even sure if I got fresh oil. All this done in less than 15 minutes, no way! I watched the whole time from window.

I filled out my information on a card and entered into the sweepstakes box at Jiffy Lube. I received a voicemail on Sunday afternoon saying I won and they would call me back at 5:40pm. I was so excited! Some lady called and said I had won a $200 Jiffy Lube gift card and a three day trip to Massanutten Resort. Great! She started asking me "survey" questions about my last vacation, then spent the next 10 minutes telling me about how great Massanutten was. (While my dinner got cold.) That's when it started getting fishy. After her clearly rehearsed spiel, she asked for my credit card so she could charge me a $75 deposit that would be refunded once I got to the resort. I told her I wouldn't be doing that and she HUNG UP on me. I can't believe Jiffy Lube would be a part of this. They sold my information and I will never go to them again. NO ONE is honest these days.

This review is for the two workers at the Jiffy Lube! You should both be fired. I went to get air in my tire and I was told no unless I pay a dollar! I could not believe my ears. I was actually being bribed from the employee at the Jiffy Lube. Shame on you. You can bet I will tell everyone around my area about my experience there.

I bought an oil change from Groupon for a regular oil change service for my 2008 Ford F150. When I got there, the assistant general manager advised me that I needed a synthetic blend oil and it was going to cost me approximately $60 more than what the Groupon would cover. Said it was necessary to meet the spec listed for my vehicle and that was the lowest cost one that Pennzoil made per the specs on the box. She then showed me on the screen what the Ford spec was and again stated that the cheapest oil they had that met that spec was the synthetic blend. I need and oil change and she was pressuring need to make a decision. I agreed because I needed the oil change desperately.

While they were changing the oil, I looked up exactly what that spec was and then went to the Pennzoil website and what do you know? They're standard oil meets the Ford spec. When she came back in from the shop area to ring me up and collect, I asked again about the spec. She pulled it up on the screen and showed me and I showed her the Pennzoil website where it said their standard oil met that spec.

I told her I felt like she was ripping me off and that I only agreed because she was pressuring me to hurry and make a decision. She said that they could only go by what was on the box the oil came in and that it didn't say that spec. I told her that I shouldn't be the one to bear the cost of them not knowing the products they were selling. She got a little rude and said she wasn't going to argue with me and that the best she could do was charge me for the regular oil change and the two additional quarts my truck needed. I had expected to pay that anyway so I agreed. I didn't get ripped off but if I hadn't looked it up, I would have. I will never go back to Jiffy Lube again.

Jiffy lube messed up my vehicle and they don't want to be accountable for it. They didn't tighten the drain plug so oil was leaking. Only been to them for the last 3 oil changes. This is the letter i wrote to them.

"To whom it may concern: I haven’t heard anything back from Jiffy Lube and it’s been over a week. Before I started bringing my vehicle to Jiffy Lube, I had no issues. Jiffy Lube is the only place that has serviced my vehicle other than the dealer when I bought it. Jiffy Lube’s mechanic came out and told me to take it to another mechanic and that it wasn’t anything else he could do but confirmed the leak and the knocking noise. I had another mechanic check it out and they also confirmed, due to the unsecured installation at the last oil change with Jiffy Lube the car slowly leaked oil from a loose oil drain plug and loose oil filter that were not securely installed. Therefore, causing interior engine damage.

I have receipts to show you have been the only one servicing my vehicle. My engine needs to be replaced. This has prevented me from getting to work, etc. and caused increased expenses for me and my children. I will also need a rental car to use until my vehicle is fixed. I look forward to hearing from you promptly. Otherwise, I am prepared to move forward with legal action about my 2005 Ford Escape." Will never use them again.

I went to Jiffy Lube for an oil change and they wrecked my car which caused a lot of damages to the car. This happened 2 years ago and the car has still damages from that incident that haven't been taken care of. I filed a BBB complaint against them, but little did I know they pay the BBB a yearly fee to improve their ratings. Despite the arbitrator knowing that jiffy Lube didn't do all it should after wrecking my car, he still didn't compensate me nothing at all. Avoid this company at all cost. It's one thing to mess up because we all do. We're humans. But it's another thing not to take responsibility after messing up. I am never, ever taking my car there and I already told few families and friends about this, and they'll do the same as me.

Engine flush - Took my 07 MKX Lincoln for regular service, vehicle overheated right after leaving. Tech admitted to not burping the system. Result - 3 months in the shop over 5000.00 in damage. My insurance is fighting.

The first time occurred in March. The plug was freely spinning and stripped so I had no oil. They admitted that the person I last saw has had coaching on this and replaced my oil pan. Now my car is at the dealership and I'm told that the same thing happened again. The second time was by a manager trying to mitigate the damage!

Now I am paying $128 on top of the diagnostic which is also $128 just for labor when I just needed an oil change. I am getting all of the documentation from the last 2 oil changes at Jiffy Lube with all of the evidence from my dealership and the other mechanic that showed me this the first time together and posting everything. They have pictures and I have the old oil filter from the last one. I had to replace over the same mistake. They did not place the plug in correctly the first time and never told me. It was stripped and they never told me. The manager that replaced my oil pan and drain plug used the wrong size causing a repeat of the previous issue and did not tell me.

Northeast Philadelphia (Cottman Ave) store - when oil change was finished, I noticed the floors of my car were not vacuumed - this is supposed to be included in the "Signature Service" I paid for. I asked the technician to vacuum. Less than 3 minutes later, I heard no vac running at all, he brought my car back, and the same dirt is still there. He stated, "I can only work with the vacuum I have, Ma'am". I ran an essential errand, then returned, and technician who answered told me he would vacuum the car himself. This time I actually heard the Shop Vac running, and the car was vacuumed. On the THIRD attempt.

While in the Jiffy Lube customer waiting area, the technicians are very polite, though, I did appreciate them escorting all customers in and out, and speaking in a respectful manner. I did not appreciate, however, their restroom which lacked a properly flushing toilet, a soap dispenser of any kind, and had an empty paper towel dispenser. At 11am on a Monday morning - really?? To give credit to the cashier that day, he did call their supplier, who arrived promptly (when I returned for the service recovery) and took care of the missing soap and paper towels. Hopefully the thing flushed well for the next lady.

A few months ago I had an oil change. An employee backed my Corolla into the bumper of a Jeep causing a hole in my bumper and breaking a clip that secures the bumper. They wrote on the receipt to get an estimate and they would have it fixed... still no check. I have spoken to a regional manager and he said a check would be sent, but still nothing. I'm about ready to call the police.

Took my car to Jiffy Lube 8/10/16 for an oil and filter change. On 8/11/16 my car broke down at approximately 1330 while driving down a Texas highway from Austin to San Marcos. My engine was knocking. I checked the oil stick and there was no oil in my engine and the oil cap was missing. They also sold me an air filter that I did not need but was on the final tally of fees. **, District Manager, is refusing to take responsibility for his technicians ruining my engine. Also the technician admits to not being trained prior to working on my car. This store is at 127 Long Street, San Marcos TX. They also blew up another engine on 8/3/16 by not replacing the radiator fluid after the customer paid to have it flushed. Untrained staff should not work on cars.

I got my oil changed at Jiffy Lube on Forest Dr in Columbia, SC. It not only was the fastest service but the service was on spot. The employees were very friendly and polite and I was there about 20 min. I was sooo happy. I will definitely return and recommend this location to get your car services. Even if it took longer, I would still have been happy. I have been here twice and both times were great.

I went to the Jiffy Lube to get my oil changed which I had done before, sometimes earlier than my due time. Normally, I watch from the inside, but this day, I saw an older man under my hood, who was messing with something for a while and had a look of confusion on his face, so I went outside. I asked him if everything is ok. He said yes. Now, If he hadn't broken my dipstick, I think he should have told me then that the dipstick was broken. Then, I saw someone else look, then get the owner or manager of that location to look also. He, the manager, told me that the dipstick was broken. I said "it wasn't broken when I came, and you are the only ones that I allow under my hood." He told me again it's broken, and whatever else he mumbled, then went on his merry way.

I brought my car to Jiffy Lube, because I thought that I could trust them, to properly care for my car, a Chrysler 300, and a friend referred me. I ended up taking my car to a dealer and paying over $200.00 for something that they did to my car. Then they have the nerve to send me a card to come in again for an oil change. Not me! I have lost respect for them. People who have taken care of my car, men, always try to act as if I am totally ignorant, to what is happening, which is why I trusted my friend to send me to a reputable place.

I'm now paying for a repair because Jiffy Lube did not replace the worn oil plug, nor did they even mention it. This is the plug they take off to drain the oil out. Only morons would miss this! I essentially drove off with oil leaking from my car. I used to be a regular customer and always received good service. NEVER AGAIN!

Please DO NOT use Jiffy Lube! There are so many other options, do not risk the untrained employees working on your vehicle. My experience started out by paying $97.00 for an oil change that was to include checking all fluids and topping off. I live in Kansas so $97.00 for an oil change is an outrage. (I was told price after the oil change). None of my fluids had been checked and when I got home, I was low on radiator fluid and power steering fluid. When checking my oil the next day, the oil was a quart high above the line. Also, Im a retired ASE certified technician.

I went to Jiffy Lube in Rocky Point, NY to get an oil change on my Volkswagen CC. The customer service was okay but very expensive ($105.36). A few days later I am going down the street and a huge red oil light comes on in my vehicle stating "Shut Vehicle down immediately." Thank God I happened to be right in front of the auto shop that I usually go to and he looked at the car. There was oil all over, leaking from the oil filter. I called the manager at the shop and he said if I could come there he could help me out. I explained to him, in a stern voice, that I had no intentions of returning to them as they were a good half hour away from where I was and there's no oil in my car, but I would be calling the corporate office.

Long story short I emailed Jiffy Lube's Corporate office, received voicemails but when I return the calls, no answer. Now the manager that I spoke to at Jiffy Lube has been changed. This has been going on for about a month and I have been told by the Volkswagen place that my car needs a list of things done due to the damage, over $5000 worth. I tried for an insurance claim and my insurance company provided me with a vehicle but state that they need Jiffy Lube to respond to them for an inspection as well. This entire thing has been a nightmare... all for an oil change. Please be careful who you let touch your car!!!!!!!

Horrible horrible horrible!!! My $3 oil change turned into a $72 new tire purchase... So they thought! I redeemed my $20 groupon today for an oil change which I paid $3 of the tax at the counter. When they pulled my up to be driven off the guy gave me my receipt and I notice my tire pressure light was on (this light wasn't on when I first arrived) so they drive the car back around to the work area. Then a different guy said they had put air in the tires and the light would go off in time but something didn't seem right so I drove around the corner only to come back with a completely flat tire.

They accused me of something I did and insisted I purchase a new to tire! $72+tax. I told them I didn't have money for that so the manager suggested I put my spare on until I get another tire. I drove to a local tire place where they inspected my tire and said a fresh hole was punctured in there. Wow I was very upset but thank god. They plugged it and I only spent $7 but shame on Jiffy Lube for trying to damage my tire so I'd have to buy a new one. I guess they didn't expect my car to notify me when something is not right! Wow again. Never again at this location and now my car is making a rattling noise...

This is the most horrible business I ever be. I went to change my oil and when they done I noticed my driver's door won't open and immediately I returned to talk to the person in charge but they are so cowards and don't want to accept their mistakes. Whoever read this please don't go to this place. And that's not all. Next day I notice the engine light of my car was on while I was driving. I take to a trusted mechanic and he told me they screw the carter bolt. Don't go here never ever. Something will happen to your car and they don't going to have enough balls to fix it or repair it. I'm not joking when I said this is the most horrible service a car will receive. Your car can be permanently damaged by those clowns. They don't care about your car, they just care about your money.

Let's see, where do I start? Puddles of oil in vehicle on console. Dripping off doors and backseat. Dirty handprints all over inside of vehicle. Carpet as well!! Down right lies about water level in battery. Saying there was not even enough oil to register on dipstick (my husband took a picture prior to going in as they pulled this crap last time) hands down the worst experience we've had there including the last time.

The truck has never been serviced anywhere else since 2008. Needless to say we will NEVER go back. After reading customer reviews on their website I am clearly not the only customer that left upset saying I was upset/mortified at the mess my truck was in on the inside. I mean really, how does one puddle oil on the console of a vehicle right? We live in a small town. Needless to say I'm telling anyone I know that has done business with them in the past or considering doing business to reconsider. Read the reviews. I'm surprised they are even still in business. Clearly they won't return my calls because it seems they probably get calls such as mine quite frequently. We do have photos but they're not on this mobile device so I'm unable to post at this time.

I distrust and dislike the practices at Jiffy Lube. Though this is my husband's fault for agreeing to buying a new cabin air filter I do not believe that every time you go in for an oil & filter change you need one. It seems like every time you bring in your car with an oil & filter oil change coupon they try to sell you things you do not need. What he thought was going to be a $30.00 bill ended up costing him $80.00. I know I will never ever go back to Jiffy Lube with any of our cars again.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

Jiffy Lube was founded in 1979 when it introduced the first drive-through service bay, making it easier for customers to get their oil changed quickly. Now, there are more than 2,000 franchise locations across the United States.

• Jiffy Lube Dashboard: Jiffy Lube customers can create a Jiffy Lube Dashboard account on the company’s website. They can keep track of all services performed at Jiffy Lube as well as receive maintenance reminders, promotions and coupons.
  • Franchise locations: All Jiffy Lubes are now independently owned and operated franchises. Consumers support local business owners when they visit a Jiffy Lube. Different locations might have special offers and discounts.
  • Recommendations tool: Consumers can view the manufacturer recommended service schedule for their make and model of vehicle by visiting the Jiffy Lube website. They can then see if there are any coupons for recommended services available at their Jiffy Lube location.
  • Resource Center: The Resource Center section of the company’s website offers informational articles about maintaining a vehicle. It also has tips for driving safely and making an automobile more fuel efficient.
  • Nationwide warranties: Certain products and services come with a warranty. These warranties are honored at locations across the country, so consumers will be covered even when traveling.
  • Best for Jiffy Lube caters to those who want their vehicles serviced quickly.

Compare Auto Service and Repair