Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.08/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Jiffy Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

Original review: April 6, 2020

At Jiffy Lube in Alhambra, CA, I was able to get my oil and filters changed right before our road trip. It was fast and easy. The price was fair. The employees were all friendly and helpful. They have a large waiting room with plenty of seating. There's a fast food restaurant next door, making the wait feel even shorter. I was in and out in about 45 minutes. That was with about 5 people ahead of me. My vehicle ran smoother for our outing.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I needed my car inspected for Uber and I also needed an oil change, I was in and out in less than 30 minutes and all of my fluids and filters were filled and replaced, my windows were clean and my car was vacuumed, all the paperwork was ready and in place at check out. I needed my tires rotated but they could see there was a problem with my psi computer and wouldn’t touch the tires because it would void my warranty, they saved me a lot of money.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Jiffy Lube at 5110 J F Kennedy Blvd in North Little Rock, AR. Just did an oil change for us on our Honda. They greeted us, quoted us a price, honored my coupon, held the door open for my wife and me to a clean waiting room. The bathroom was clean. Checked fluids and topped off. Aired up tires and vacuumed out our car. Each and every employee spoke to us, thanked us, held the door open for us both out of the waiting room and into our car. Maybe 10 minutes at the most. I was very impressed. It was the most pleasant and smooth oil change I have ever had in North America. I wish I had caught the manager’s name because he had his Guys on the ball. Attitude was perfect and extremely pleasant. Didn’t try to hard sell me anything I didn’t need. I complimented him on his team and he shook my hand and sincerely thanked me. We are in our 70’s and this was the best.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Today is November 29. I went into location 2590, Salem OR. I initially went in for the $24.99 but saw what was offered and upgraded. It was all explained to me what was available and I chose the Signature Service Synthetic. The guys there were professional and friendly. I enjoyed talking with them at a personal level. Ismael, Steven, David, Devin and Kyle were great to work with. They made the visit a great experience. I will definitely be back.

Thanks for your friendly service,

Rick

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Today I went in for an oil change and received excellent service at the Jiffy Lube location on 6603 FM 78 SATX 78244; they did my oil change found out my sensor was unplugged from the last time I had my service done and reconnected it; they told me my belt and brake fluid need to be taken care of soon and how much that will be when I get it done, plus gave me $25 off when I do bring it in. Before I was about to leave they noticed that I was missing screws for my air filter. Ashton said he will order them and to return next week. Conrad gave me a detail description about what I needed. Overall great experience in a very long time.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Here is my story - you be the judge about whether or not this store is to be trusted. I called beforehand for a price on an oil change and gave the man my car's year, make and model. He quoted $39. I drove there and when I asked beforehand, I was quoted $91. I was flabbergasted. I explained that I had called ahead of time and gave the man all my details and got that $39 quote. This guy's amazing reply was, "Well, we always quote that price no matter what. Then, when you come in, we give you a price based on looking at your car. Your model takes synthetic." I explained that I had given the man my car's details on the phone. Why didn't he quote the right price based on that? Again, the man repeated that this is the price they always quote over the phone.

I left, of course, because they obviously couldn't be trusted. A waste of a trip. This was not an ethical business practice. This is a classic bait and switch, in my opinion. The Jiffy Lube location was in West Ashley, Charleston, South Carolina, Highway 61. I hope the owner reads this, and I hope Jiffy Lube corporate reads this, because I will never trust Jiffy Lube again, based on this.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Horrible experience at the location in the NE just off of Country Hills in Calgary, AB. My wife went in for a $40 oil change, and she left there paying over $160! Up selling and pressuring customers is apparently their specialty. I am a loyal customer who serviced with them prior, but will look elsewhere. Their pitch was they couldn't use conventional oil, only fully synthetic. Not only that, an oil flush was mandatory. I believe in both services, and if explained(not pressured) I would gladly accept or decline. With so many options out there for Service, save yourselves the time and look for a place where you'll be treated with honesty.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Went to Jiffy Lube on Ogden ave is Westmont, Il. and I will NEVER go to another Jiffy Lube again. I was charged $106.83 for 5 quarts of oil and a filter, nothing else. I had a $10 online coupon but they said they could not apply it because the internet was down, but it was working to charge my debit card. No windows were cleaned, and only the tires on the drivers side got checked for air pressure, oil was spilled on my engine but not wiped off, just all around sloppy work for an outrageous price. The technicians were all wearing masks, which was appropriate because I feel I got robbed. My local Chevy dealer does an oil and filter change, vehicle inspection, and tire rotation for $60, thought Jiffy lube would be cheaper for just an oil change, but I was wrong, won't make that mistake ever again.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I went in last week for a regular oil change. It was my first time going to the Long Beach location. The guys seemed nice enough; however they did not put filter on right and it ended up cause serious damage to my car. A total of $465.83. I took it back into a jiffylube in AZ first and they told me my entire engine was blow and it would cost 4,200.00 to replace engine. Good thing I have a trustworthy mechanic at home.

Original review: June 15, 2020

I requested and paid for an oil change, tire rotation, new air filter, and wipers + tune up for road trip. I was polite and everything seemed fine during my visit. However, they disconnected the grounding wire from my car's starter, stranding my family on the road the next day, which cost me hundreds of dollars between towing the car and troubleshooting to find the issue. There was no reason for this behavior and it put my family in danger and ruined our trip.

Jiffy Lube author review by Lauren Fix

Jiffy Lube was founded in 1979 when it introduced the first drive-through service bay, making it easier for customers to get their oil changed quickly. Now, there are more than 2,000 franchise locations across the United States.

• Jiffy Lube Dashboard: Jiffy Lube customers can create a Jiffy Lube Dashboard account on the company’s website. They can keep track of all services performed at Jiffy Lube as well as receive maintenance reminders, promotions and coupons.

• Franchise locations: All Jiffy Lubes are now independently owned and operated franchises. Consumers support local business owners when they visit a Jiffy Lube. Different locations might have special offers and discounts.

• Recommendations tool: Consumers can view the manufacturer recommended service schedule for their make and model of vehicle by visiting the Jiffy Lube website. They can then see if there are any coupons for recommended services available at their Jiffy Lube location.

• Resource Center: The Resource Center section of the company’s website offers informational articles about maintaining a vehicle. It also has tips for driving safely and making an automobile more fuel efficient.

• Nationwide warranties: Certain products and services come with a warranty. These warranties are honored at locations across the country, so consumers will be covered even when traveling.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Jiffy Lube Company Information