Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.89/5

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Jiffy Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

Original review: April 6, 2020

At Jiffy Lube in Alhambra, CA, I was able to get my oil and filters changed right before our road trip. It was fast and easy. The price was fair. The employees were all friendly and helpful. They have a large waiting room with plenty of seating. There's a fast food restaurant next door, making the wait feel even shorter. I was in and out in about 45 minutes. That was with about 5 people ahead of me. My vehicle ran smoother for our outing.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I needed my car inspected for Uber and I also needed an oil change, I was in and out in less than 30 minutes and all of my fluids and filters were filled and replaced, my windows were clean and my car was vacuumed, all the paperwork was ready and in place at check out. I needed my tires rotated but they could see there was a problem with my psi computer and wouldn’t touch the tires because it would void my warranty, they saved me a lot of money.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Jiffy Lube at 5110 J F Kennedy Blvd in North Little Rock, AR. Just did an oil change for us on our Honda. They greeted us, quoted us a price, honored my coupon, held the door open for my wife and me to a clean waiting room. The bathroom was clean. Checked fluids and topped off. Aired up tires and vacuumed out our car. Each and every employee spoke to us, thanked us, held the door open for us both out of the waiting room and into our car. Maybe 10 minutes at the most. I was very impressed. It was the most pleasant and smooth oil change I have ever had in North America. I wish I had caught the manager’s name because he had his Guys on the ball. Attitude was perfect and extremely pleasant. Didn’t try to hard sell me anything I didn’t need. I complimented him on his team and he shook my hand and sincerely thanked me. We are in our 70’s and this was the best.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Today is November 29. I went into location 2590, Salem OR. I initially went in for the $24.99 but saw what was offered and upgraded. It was all explained to me what was available and I chose the Signature Service Synthetic. The guys there were professional and friendly. I enjoyed talking with them at a personal level. Ismael, Steven, David, Devin and Kyle were great to work with. They made the visit a great experience. I will definitely be back.

Thanks for your friendly service,

Rick

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

Today I went in for an oil change and received excellent service at the Jiffy Lube location on 6603 FM 78 SATX 78244; they did my oil change found out my sensor was unplugged from the last time I had my service done and reconnected it; they told me my belt and brake fluid need to be taken care of soon and how much that will be when I get it done, plus gave me $25 off when I do bring it in. Before I was about to leave they noticed that I was missing screws for my air filter. Ashton said he will order them and to return next week. Conrad gave me a detail description about what I needed. Overall great experience in a very long time.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

My son took in a 10 year old car with a lot of miles for an oil change. They pushed the most expensive synthetic oil, and charged him $92 for the oil and managed to push up the bill for unneeded things like tire rotation and the cabin air filter for a total of $162. They were just exploited a kid's inexperience with shade-y garages. Now to make it worse, they put in a claim to my insurance company for a windscreen repair that we did not request, need or approve. It is not on the receipt, but now I have to deal with the insurance company to deny a false claim. The rep at my insurance company said Jiffy Lube does this a lot. I'd recommend avoiding Jiffy Lube altogether, or only go with skepticism and an eagle eye to make sure you are overcharged.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I Patronize this business always and for the first time I witnessed an incomplete inspection of the vehicle and received paperwork or receipt stating inspection satisfactory. I bring my service truck here and my personnel vehicles. Not sure anymore.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Went to get my oil change and car fix. Told them the problem is the car pushing forward when not moving. They said it was the control arms problem. Got it fixed with the control arm, serpent belt, alignment, oil change, labor and taxes added up to $1200. The next day I'm still driving with the same problem and I noticed the oil was empty in my engine, they didn't fill oil or even change it. I was very unsatisfied and I would never in my life go to this place again and would not recommend anyone I know go there.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I went to this location to get an oil change. A young man (Hispanic between 5-6 ft) took my car in. In about 5 minutes him and Linda came to me and stated they couldn't service my vehicle because the plug was stripped. Linda told me to take it back to the Jiffy Lube that last serviced my vehicle. I had to drive from Elmhurst to Chicago, 1230 S. Western Store #3017. I explained to the manager what was said to me. The tech went down and had the plug off in less than a minute. He said it wasn't stripped and I need to report whoever told me it was. I called Store #191 and spoke to Linda and she then allowed me to speak to Zulma. I explained to Zulma what happened, and she was very concerned and upset that I had received such service. I don’t know if the gentleman didn’t want to service my vehicle or he was in a hurry. I have used Jiffy Lube for many years never had this problem.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Visited store #839 in Chicago on Lincoln Ave (northside). The store manage approached me and explained the timing belt on my 2016 Honda Odyssey van needed its timing belt replaced per the service manual recommendations. I told him no thank you and he glared at me. I went online and found that Honda's recommendation begins at 60,000 miles. My van has just over 40,000 miles. I leave this as an example to customers to beware service at this Jiffy Lube store.

Jiffy Lube author review by Lauren Fix

Jiffy Lube was founded in 1979 when it introduced the first drive-through service bay, making it easier for customers to get their oil changed quickly. Now, there are more than 2,000 franchise locations across the United States.

• Jiffy Lube Dashboard: Jiffy Lube customers can create a Jiffy Lube Dashboard account on the company’s website. They can keep track of all services performed at Jiffy Lube as well as receive maintenance reminders, promotions and coupons.

• Franchise locations: All Jiffy Lubes are now independently owned and operated franchises. Consumers support local business owners when they visit a Jiffy Lube. Different locations might have special offers and discounts.

• Recommendations tool: Consumers can view the manufacturer recommended service schedule for their make and model of vehicle by visiting the Jiffy Lube website. They can then see if there are any coupons for recommended services available at their Jiffy Lube location.

• Resource Center: The Resource Center section of the company’s website offers informational articles about maintaining a vehicle. It also has tips for driving safely and making an automobile more fuel efficient.

• Nationwide warranties: Certain products and services come with a warranty. These warranties are honored at locations across the country, so consumers will be covered even when traveling.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Jiffy Lube Company Information