Jiffy Lube

Compare Auto Service and Repair

Research top Auto Service and Repair recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I received my car back from my very first oil change at store #2344 off Camden ave and Hillsdale in San Jose, California on the 26th of January and received it back with major front driver side fender damage. I recommend no one to ever come to Jiffy Lube anywhere for services, better off repairing yourself or through a friend! ** em!

I will start by saying that I have contacted the Jiffy Lube store manager and am waiting for a return call from a district manager. I will update this if the store takes responsibility and holds itself liable for the resulting issues I am now facing. Oil change on my vehicle, second in a row at same facility. Less than one week later my vehicle goes into limp mode an hour from my home. The next day I bring it into my local shop only to find out it is low on fluid and my transmission needs a 2500 dollar repair. No leaks.

I visited Jiffy Lube #35 in Randallstown Md today for an oil change and was informed there is no oil on dipstick, So, I asked how could this be because there isn't any oil on driveway surface and oil light had not come on. I was told he (Kevin) doesn't know. Although, he came back to ask me to get an engine flush, in which I didn't want. Upon finishing the oil change... I was informed that the car has many leaks, oil pan gasket, rear main seal, transmission pan leak and missing shield parts. This info can't be true or the car would be leaking while parked in driveway. In addition, I asked for senior discount...but wasn't given this discount. I was told it's in the price. I've been customer for quite some time, but I think I have to take my business to someone else. The tech was so very unprofessional with me... very negative. At first he doesn't know then, all of a sudden everything is wrong with my car. Unbelievable!!!

After taking my truck to Jiffy Lube for a oil change I discovered I had one gal of antifreeze missing. I took my truck to an auto repair shop. They did a pressure test and found no leak in the cooling system!

Their incompetent, dangerous staff drained my transmission fluid, replaced plug, then changed oil and let me drive away. Not a word of the almost 3 gallons of trans fluid he drained. Returned to shop asking about trans issues, denied any involvement. Towed to dealer, confirmed JL drained trans. Franchisee took 3 weeks to resolve and refused to pay all costs I incurred by making mistake to patronize their business. Avoid any business owned by Atlantic Coast Enterprises out of Connecticut in Florida. They are not good people and don't care about their customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

I have always given Jiffy Lube at Salem NH high compliments until they changed managers. You can check my records and you will see that I have gone here faithfully for may years. I change my air filters both engine and cabinet before I get an oil change. I brought in my 2009 Toyota for its routine synthetic oil change and they showed me a dirty air-filter that had pine needles and leaves in it. Bit confused I told them to change it and cabinet filter was also dirty - I then later the same day I brought my 2011 Toyota for an oil change this time making sure that the filters were clean and they were. There must have been a change again in management someone else was there. Again they took out my filters and they brought me back a dirty cabin filter and the same filter with pine needles and leaves in it. But I knew that air filter would not fit in the 2011.

I asked them if they finished the oil change and they said that they were in the middle of it. I asked them to complete it first before changing the filters. They did and I asked the manager to step outside with me to the car. They said I could not go in because of some kind of regulation, but yet we have to go through there to get out. I told them to open the the overhead door where my car was. They did. Standing outside I asked them to put the filter that they showed me back in the car (See at that time I owned a 2009 corolla and a 2011 Camry which take total different filters) and told them to put it in the car. It did not fit. Actually I don't think it would have fit my corolla either.

I told the manager that I have been coming here for years. There use to be a tall, slanky, bearded manager that the customers loved including myself. He was gone hopefully he was promoted. Needless to say - Since the Summer of 2015 I did not go back. I did take my 2015 jeep there in 2016 and decided I was not doing that anymore either. I use Synthetic which I really believe it was not used in my Jeep.

Took my car in 1/5/17 at 10:56 am. I did not have any issues with my car. It just needed an oil change. They tried to upsell me more service. I told them I would take it into my mechanic since I just got the car from him. A few hours later, I notice my headlights are not working and then my oil pan falls out from under my car! Almost got into an accident with my son. My brother came to help me and we got duct tape but I am returning to JL as soon as they open!!! Very negligent!

I took my family 2 cars for oil change and inspection and maintenance services to Jiffy Lube in Fontana, CA. I paid oil changes, services charges $240 without any bargain so I know that cost of oil changes was $10 for non synthetic and $45 for synthetic oil. Then after few days I noticed my wiper fluid is empty. No complimentary car wash services. I had window glass problem and they do not want to fix it. I was expecting they will help to fix my car problems after discussing with me but I end up with paying lots of money without getting nothing. So be careful with Jiffy Lube.

I took my car to the Jiffy Lube in Olive Branch, MS on June 29th for a simple oil change. At one point, I noticed a guy down on the ground by my front passenger tire and wondered what he was doing. I figured he was checking the tire pressure but I didn't notice any gauges or hoses in his hands. I didn't really think too much about it until the next morning when I went to get in my car to go to work and noticed that tire was flat. I took it to a tire place and was told that it was a leaky valve core. I was inclined to think that the oil change and the flat tire were not related but in my mind I kept seeing this guy stooped down by the tire.

Six months later, December 28th I took my car back in for another oil change and the next morning - a flat tire!!! Same tire as before. Took it back to the same tire place and was told it is a leaky valve core. Now I'm suspicious. Has it been sabotaged or does someone there just not know what they are doing? Because I'm not buying that it's a coincidence. I called Jiffy Lube to complain. The guy said he would look at my history and call me back. Of course, no call back. When I told him I was upset, all he could offer was "I understand". Two people were late for work this morning because of someone's mistake. They have lost my business, but I felt others should know to beware.

I brought my car to BMW dealer and they found that the battery need to be changed, also they recommended to for a flushing cooling system. I changed the battery with them but I decided to bring the car to Jiffy Lube for the flushing, oil change etc. The job was done at Jiffy Lube #1176 on 11/19/16. As per the BMW dealer, the recommendation was flush coolant system and it was clear on they report: NO leak at this time. Because I work from home my car is not moving much, and when it does is for very short distance, that is why it believe the accident does not happened before. Regarding the work at Jiffy Lube, they working as a mess from the beginning.

They introduced the miles wrong in their receipt, 53,549 on 11/19/16. The car at the BMW check and report having 53,825 miles on 11/15/16. When I first brought the car there, the argue was about the miles that I was driving the car, and in addition the person add extra 200 miles to that argue. So he was saying that I drove the car for 800 miles. I knew that it was wrong because I work from home and I do not move the car so much. I came back to prove them, how I can have less mile 4 day after I left the car at the BMW dealer. Resuming I do not drive the car more than 200 miles for two weeks. The person who attending me on Sunday and Morning gave me so absurd explanation.

I called the 1-800 number customer services, I was informed that I have to deal with Victor **, zone manager at **. I called him on Monday morning, he said he will look at the papers (report from BMW dealer and bill for what was done there) that I left at the office and call me back. I called him back morning-afternoon, he does not have the time to look at it. He will call me Tuesday after 10:00 am. I have been calling him the whole day Tuesday and Wednesday and he is not answer my calls. The incident happened on Saturday December 3, 2016 around 6:00 pm.

I was driving from home to BrandsMart USA located at 7260 North Kendall drive. When I arrived I saw a light on the computer screen saying “coolant level is low." I was very surprise as it was done already. So I parked and I started to see a lot of smoke from outside. I step outside I see water running from the car. My cousin came and we put 3 L more of the fluids which was running too. I can’t contacted Jiffy because they were closed. Car was brought to the location, and the nightmare is getting worse. They only gave me an estimate of $500.75 for the work that they do not do properly. I am not having a car from Saturday night. So I am waiting to hear from them. Very disappointed. I went to the location Sunday morning and Monday, I spoke with Victor **, at **. I have been call him every day, he has been return my calls.

Called back Jiffy Lube customer services on yesterday. The person said that Mr. ** will call me back yesterday and she provide a ph. 954-267-9244 Atlantic enterprise to be contact if I did no hear from Mr. **. I called this number and transfer to operator. Only voicemail can be left. VM left. Call back to Jiffy Lube customer services, the operator it is no answer. Call the location at 305-661-9928. The person told me that they will pass the message to Mr. **. Jiffy Lube has been very disrespectful and they need to be handle this situation. Waiting for a better solution in this luckless incident.

I went to Jiffy Lube located at 322 W Main St, Branford Ct for a oil change. A hour after I received the oil my car started smoking; it continued the next day as well then it stopped for a week. Two days ago my car started smoking again as well as the following day. I looked under the hood and seen oil splattered all over my engine. I called Jiffy Lube to let them know they have caused a problem and I need it fixed, he told me to come in for a new oil change or a refund. I arrive and they said it is not the oil change. It is my radiator lining. I made it very clear "I never had a smoking car problem until after I left from receiving my oil change". Of course they try to say it was not their fault. So now I had a busted radiator due to the amateur mechanics at Jiffy Lube who messed up my car. I will NEVER go there again.

I was in Jiffy Lube in silver spring Briggs Chaney road on 10/29/2016 for oil change and on 11/15/2016 my car was making a noise and when I took it to the mechanic he told me there was no oil. I call them. One guy told me to put oil and bring it the next day. It will be Saturday 11/18/2016 when I get there. He checked it and say there was oil and to tell that I drove 2000 miles. Try to make it my fault. Just 2 weeks I did not drive 2000 miles. Jiffy lube is the worse oil changing place. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND JIFFY LUBE TO MY WORSE ENEMY.

I went to Jiffy Lube in Lake Elsinore, for a oil change and mind you my truck was spotless. After they returned my truck there was oil stains and smudges all over the front and I'm thinking they were trying to wipe it off they made a bigger mess and before going there my windshield was spotless. Needless to say who knows what they spilled on there is. Had to take my truck and get it washed. When I had brought to the supervisor attention his reply was "yeah it happens often." Last time I spend over 100$ there and get a oil change. I never had that problem anywhere else. Very disappointed.

Went to Jiffy Lube just after I had the motor rebuilt in my truck. They did an oil change all right but didn't tighten the oil plug. I drove away not knowing this and shortly after truck sputtered and died. My mechanic said engine was seized due to NO oil. I contacted Jiffy Lube and the manager said they weren't responsible and hung up on me. It was going to cost more to take them to court than the truck was worth. Now I'm out $3,500.00 for a new motor that is now toast. I honestly don't know how these dumbasses are still in business.

After reading hundreds of similar reviews it's pretty clear they don't care about their customers except to take their money and screw up everything they touch. I now do my own oil changes. Don't be fooled by their ads that say now under new management because nothing has changed. A few weeks later the same thing happened to my brother and his wife. Come to find out none of their technicians were ASE certified like they claimed and most of them had criminal records. Jiffy Lube is an absolute joke!

I should have checked the reviews for Jiffy Lube first and I would have gone elsewhere. I was attracted by a discount coupon for a $27.99 oil change. I was told that I could upgrade to a synthetic blend for a few dollars more. I did so because I have used synthetic blend before. I was surprised that the "few dollars more" was $64.98 more! Now that I've been fooled once I'll be sure to avoid Jiffy Lube in the future.

Had Jiffy Lube replace brake pads/Shoes/Rotor at store #1305 on 04/20/16 in Raleigh, NC. Invoice # ** at cost of $412.33 minus 30.00 inspection. After taking trip on 04/22/16, brakes continue to heat up and cause damage to brakes at a cost of 622.12 by AAA invoice # **.

I will not take my truck back to Jiffy Lube. I went on October 9 to get an oil change. Now my truck making noise. My truck never made those noise before now every time I go over a hump it makes noise. I went to Jiffy Lube on 20280 NW 2nd Ave. I'm mad now.

I took my 2000 Chevy S-10 extreme to Jiffy Lube for oil change. I know the first few days you might smell burning oil, if they got it on exhaust system. But, it went on for 5 days. Checked oil stick, it is over filled. Plus, a leak from somewhere. So took it back, explained problem. So Jiffy Lube, looked at issue and said my oil pan is leaking. Now my boyfriend has always changed my oil. Never any problems. But, this time I take to Jiffy Lube because boyfriend is working 13 to 14 hours a day and has no time to change my oil. I took to Jiffy Lube, thinking I would get quality work done. Boy was I wrong. Now Jiffy Lube doesn't own up to them causing the problem. So now I have to take truck, to a better mechanic and have them fix oil pan leak. Pray that's what is wrong. Taking their word for oil pan leaking. Will find out when I take to a more experienced mechanic. Unbelievable. Never returning to Jiffy Lube ever.

I went and got my oil changed over a month ago. I leave and hear something Drag on. Thought maybe my tire was flat and that was the noise. That wasn't it. I have a panel underneath my car they did not screwed on correctly so I try to push it up and when I drove away while I was on the interstate it flew off my car. They had already closed so the next morning I called and talk to the manager. He told me to come in. I came in. He asked me if I wanted three free oil changes or wanted it replaced. I said I wanted it replaced. He took all the information of my car and mine, told me he would order it and get back with me. Still have not gotten any call from them.

On the back of the receipt there's a one 800 number to call and talk to someone. They didn't answer so I left a message. They never called me back. So the rest of my panel underneath my car is loose because it's missing its other piece. I am very upset that no one has gotten back to me. They were quick to take my money, messed up my stuff and aren't fixing it! I will never go back to a Jiffy Lube and I will never recommend going there to anyone.

When driving my 2006 Nissan to P.F. Changs with my family, my car sputtered out on the side of the road. The problem was I had had my oil changed at Jiffy lube the day before. When I arrived in my new 2016 Toyota the next day to confer, oil changer ** said he "accidentally" put mobil in instead of castrol in the oil can. I had told him SEVERAL TIMES not to do that, because the car would get totaled if mobil was put in. Then the enraged ** poured oil on my son Alex. Grrrrrr.

About a month ago I went into my local Jiffy Lube. I paid the extra money to get the synthetic oil change and then engine service. Well the very next day a friend of mine needed a ride. So I drove up to Bellingham from Seattle, and on my way back home my engine blew up. I had my truck towed to my mechanic and my mechanic discovered that there was no oil in the engine. Talk to Jiffy Lube. This send out a technician who took samples and now it's a month later and I'm still waiting on word. They did get me a rental truck but now the rental company is hounding for money. Numerous attempts to reach Jiffy Lube corporate office. My claims manager refuses to get it back to me.

Now I'm starting to freak out thinking I'm going to get stuck with the rental bill. I'm at my wits and I've tried numerous times to get ahold of my claims manager but she will not call me back even though her message clearly says she will get ahold of me within 24 hours. About ready to pull what little hair I have left out of my head. Somebody please help. Lol.

Jiffy Lube in Marion Iowa gave the worse service ever. When receiving bill, I addressed the fact that I had watched from window, and that Air filter had not been checked, vacuum floors had not been done, Antifreeze level not checked, windows not wiped/cleaned, Cabin Air filter not checked, and inflated tires way above proper pressure. I told Manager, very poor service, and would never return. Should have asked for money back. Not even sure if I got fresh oil. All this done in less than 15 minutes, no way! I watched the whole time from window.

I filled out my information on a card and entered into the sweepstakes box at Jiffy Lube. I received a voicemail on Sunday afternoon saying I won and they would call me back at 5:40pm. I was so excited! Some lady called and said I had won a $200 Jiffy Lube gift card and a three day trip to Massanutten Resort. Great! She started asking me "survey" questions about my last vacation, then spent the next 10 minutes telling me about how great Massanutten was. (While my dinner got cold.) That's when it started getting fishy. After her clearly rehearsed spiel, she asked for my credit card so she could charge me a $75 deposit that would be refunded once I got to the resort. I told her I wouldn't be doing that and she HUNG UP on me. I can't believe Jiffy Lube would be a part of this. They sold my information and I will never go to them again. NO ONE is honest these days.

This review is for the two workers at the Jiffy Lube! You should both be fired. I went to get air in my tire and I was told no unless I pay a dollar! I could not believe my ears. I was actually being bribed from the employee at the Jiffy Lube. Shame on you. You can bet I will tell everyone around my area about my experience there.

I bought an oil change from Groupon for a regular oil change service for my 2008 Ford F150. When I got there, the assistant general manager advised me that I needed a synthetic blend oil and it was going to cost me approximately $60 more than what the Groupon would cover. Said it was necessary to meet the spec listed for my vehicle and that was the lowest cost one that Pennzoil made per the specs on the box. She then showed me on the screen what the Ford spec was and again stated that the cheapest oil they had that met that spec was the synthetic blend. I need and oil change and she was pressuring need to make a decision. I agreed because I needed the oil change desperately.

While they were changing the oil, I looked up exactly what that spec was and then went to the Pennzoil website and what do you know? They're standard oil meets the Ford spec. When she came back in from the shop area to ring me up and collect, I asked again about the spec. She pulled it up on the screen and showed me and I showed her the Pennzoil website where it said their standard oil met that spec.

I told her I felt like she was ripping me off and that I only agreed because she was pressuring me to hurry and make a decision. She said that they could only go by what was on the box the oil came in and that it didn't say that spec. I told her that I shouldn't be the one to bear the cost of them not knowing the products they were selling. She got a little rude and said she wasn't going to argue with me and that the best she could do was charge me for the regular oil change and the two additional quarts my truck needed. I had expected to pay that anyway so I agreed. I didn't get ripped off but if I hadn't looked it up, I would have. I will never go back to Jiffy Lube again.

Jiffy lube messed up my vehicle and they don't want to be accountable for it. They didn't tighten the drain plug so oil was leaking. Only been to them for the last 3 oil changes. This is the letter i wrote to them.

"To whom it may concern: I haven’t heard anything back from Jiffy Lube and it’s been over a week. Before I started bringing my vehicle to Jiffy Lube, I had no issues. Jiffy Lube is the only place that has serviced my vehicle other than the dealer when I bought it. Jiffy Lube’s mechanic came out and told me to take it to another mechanic and that it wasn’t anything else he could do but confirmed the leak and the knocking noise. I had another mechanic check it out and they also confirmed, due to the unsecured installation at the last oil change with Jiffy Lube the car slowly leaked oil from a loose oil drain plug and loose oil filter that were not securely installed. Therefore, causing interior engine damage.

I have receipts to show you have been the only one servicing my vehicle. My engine needs to be replaced. This has prevented me from getting to work, etc. and caused increased expenses for me and my children. I will also need a rental car to use until my vehicle is fixed. I look forward to hearing from you promptly. Otherwise, I am prepared to move forward with legal action about my 2005 Ford Escape." Will never use them again.

I went to Jiffy Lube for an oil change and they wrecked my car which caused a lot of damages to the car. This happened 2 years ago and the car has still damages from that incident that haven't been taken care of. I filed a BBB complaint against them, but little did I know they pay the BBB a yearly fee to improve their ratings. Despite the arbitrator knowing that jiffy Lube didn't do all it should after wrecking my car, he still didn't compensate me nothing at all. Avoid this company at all cost. It's one thing to mess up because we all do. We're humans. But it's another thing not to take responsibility after messing up. I am never, ever taking my car there and I already told few families and friends about this, and they'll do the same as me.

Engine flush - Took my 07 MKX Lincoln for regular service, vehicle overheated right after leaving. Tech admitted to not burping the system. Result - 3 months in the shop over 5000.00 in damage. My insurance is fighting.

The first time occurred in March. The plug was freely spinning and stripped so I had no oil. They admitted that the person I last saw has had coaching on this and replaced my oil pan. Now my car is at the dealership and I'm told that the same thing happened again. The second time was by a manager trying to mitigate the damage!

Now I am paying $128 on top of the diagnostic which is also $128 just for labor when I just needed an oil change. I am getting all of the documentation from the last 2 oil changes at Jiffy Lube with all of the evidence from my dealership and the other mechanic that showed me this the first time together and posting everything. They have pictures and I have the old oil filter from the last one. I had to replace over the same mistake. They did not place the plug in correctly the first time and never told me. It was stripped and they never told me. The manager that replaced my oil pan and drain plug used the wrong size causing a repeat of the previous issue and did not tell me.

Northeast Philadelphia (Cottman Ave) store - when oil change was finished, I noticed the floors of my car were not vacuumed - this is supposed to be included in the "Signature Service" I paid for. I asked the technician to vacuum. Less than 3 minutes later, I heard no vac running at all, he brought my car back, and the same dirt is still there. He stated, "I can only work with the vacuum I have, Ma'am". I ran an essential errand, then returned, and technician who answered told me he would vacuum the car himself. This time I actually heard the Shop Vac running, and the car was vacuumed. On the THIRD attempt.

While in the Jiffy Lube customer waiting area, the technicians are very polite, though, I did appreciate them escorting all customers in and out, and speaking in a respectful manner. I did not appreciate, however, their restroom which lacked a properly flushing toilet, a soap dispenser of any kind, and had an empty paper towel dispenser. At 11am on a Monday morning - really?? To give credit to the cashier that day, he did call their supplier, who arrived promptly (when I returned for the service recovery) and took care of the missing soap and paper towels. Hopefully the thing flushed well for the next lady.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAutomotive Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix is an automotive expert who earned the title of The Car Coach, and is recognized throughout all forms of media as a woman with in-depth knowledge on vehicles, technology, automotive finance, repair and trends. Founder of Automotive Aspects, Inc., her understanding of automobiles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print and the internet. She writes a column for multiple outlets including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on all the major news and morning shows discussing the latest updates on cars that will help drivers of all ages learn to about cars and make smart decisions.    More about Lauren→

Jiffy Lube was founded in 1979 when it introduced the first drive-through service bay, making it easier for customers to get their oil changed quickly. Now, there are more than 2,000 franchise locations across the United States.

• Jiffy Lube Dashboard: Jiffy Lube customers can create a Jiffy Lube Dashboard account on the company’s website. They can keep track of all services performed at Jiffy Lube as well as receive maintenance reminders, promotions and coupons.
  • Franchise locations: All Jiffy Lubes are now independently owned and operated franchises. Consumers support local business owners when they visit a Jiffy Lube. Different locations might have special offers and discounts.
  • Recommendations tool: Consumers can view the manufacturer recommended service schedule for their make and model of vehicle by visiting the Jiffy Lube website. They can then see if there are any coupons for recommended services available at their Jiffy Lube location.
  • Resource Center: The Resource Center section of the company’s website offers informational articles about maintaining a vehicle. It also has tips for driving safely and making an automobile more fuel efficient.
  • Nationwide warranties: Certain products and services come with a warranty. These warranties are honored at locations across the country, so consumers will be covered even when traveling.
  • Best for Jiffy Lube caters to those who want their vehicles serviced quickly.

Compare Auto Service and Repair