Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

896 Jiffy Lube Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

As long as I’ve could remember, Jiffy Lube has done free Veterans Day oil changes. I went to the one in Hermiston, Oregon today and said that’s the reason I was there and was told they weren’t doing it and they weren’t told about it. The manager spoke to me and repeated the same thing without checking or anything. Not a big deal they wouldn’t do it, but would’ve have at least liked him to go check on it.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I went in to have an oil change. Two months later my car loses power on the highway at 55 mph. After having the car towed to the dealership and a costly diagnostic, I was informed that one quart of oil too much was put into the car. $600.00 later because my car is a hybrid, I contacted Jiffy Lube and the GM - Mark informed me that my claim for reimbursement was denied. I filed a complaint with corporate, who contacted their franchisee to resolve the issue. The owner, Mark phones and says that he wants to speak with the dealership before he makes a decision. Three days later I phone him for him to explain that they are denying the claim. Go to Jiffy Lube Kensington, MD at your own risk and know that they will not be responsible for any damage they cause to your vehicle and you will get to pay for both the oil change and the damage they cause.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

11/6/18: I took my 2013 Nissan Altima to the Jiffy Lube located @ 1704 Woodlawn Dr, Gwynn Oak, MD 21207 Phone: (410) 944-1582 on 11/4/18. My car is in AWESOME condition, NEVER had any issues or needed repair other than brake pads, rotors and an oil change, the basic wear and tear on a car. I decided to take my vehicle to Jiffy Lube and has always gone to them and have never had an issue. I am not here to bash them or make them look bad, but to inform the public of my experience. I noticed that my passenger side front wheel was making a weird noise and stopped in to Jiffy Lube to have it looked at, I was informed that my wheel bearing and hub needed replacing. I was quoted a price of $300, $100 for the service and $186.00 for the part. Right there was a red flag, wheel bearing/hub only cost $100-$129.99, but nonetheless I agreed to have the service performed.

I sat at that service station for a total of 6 1/2 hrs for them to come and tell me that they could not get the wheel bearing off and that they broke the grove of the bolt as well as my sensor while trying to get the wheel bearing & hub off. I was a lost for words and highly upset. I was told that they will fix my car free of charge. I was without my car the entire weekend. I missed work and had to cancel all scheduled appointments that I had. One of the mechanics had to drive me home, take me to work and pick me up. I got my car back on 11/5/18, and when I test drove my car to make sure that everything was ok, I heard a grinding noise while driving, and was told that it was my rotors, my car was NOT making that sound prior to me bring it to Jiffy Lube. They are very careless and incompetent, now my front lights are extremely dim and only one of the two come on.

I am very upset and will NEVER go back to Jiffy Lube, then the boss of the shop had the audacity to tell me to take my vehicle to a Nissan dealership and have them look at it... HUH??? They are a RIPOFF for sure. I advise ANYONE who need your car repaired DO NOT GO TO JIFFY LUBE, THEY DAMAGE YOUR VEHICLE, overpriced quotes for parts and do not want to accept the blame for their actions. That place is HORRIBLE. I do not recommend anyone to go to Jiffy Lube!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I went to the Jiffy Lube on Wesel Blvd in Hagerstown, MD for a simple oil change and tire rotation. Shortly after leaving the service center I began to hear a grinding sound coming from my left tire (no sound before rotation service). When I called the Jiffy Lube to report the noise I was told to return the car and that the problem would be corrected or they would rotate my tires back to their original position on the car. When I took it back for correction I was told to take my car somewhere else to figure out the noise with proof that they caused the issue. They never even rotated my tires back to the original position as promised. I think they should simply stick to changing oil. Avoid this company whenever possible. Unprofessional and poorly trained.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

They start on the oil change before I know the price. I paid $100, for something that is normally $60 everywhere else! They broke my mirror controller out of the door. I asked what happened here! Never go to this place! NEVER!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

When I got to the place, the guy came up and said, "What are you here for?" I told him an oil change but I also want to know how much it would be before they changed my oil. The guy just said, "Come in here," and the guy at the desk could tell me. So they pulled my car into the bay. When I got in there, the guy was talking to someone else. I waiting about 10 minutes to talk to the guy and by that time, they had started to drain my oil. I didn't know they had started until the guy in the office said that it was 92 dollars. They had already started my oil change. The guy in the office said with tax it was going to be 119 dollars. I couldn't believe it. I was so mad. I showed him the coupon I had for 25% off. He said it was only 15 dollars off. I said no it's not. But he wouldn't refuse to give me the whole coupon. I was so mad. It should have been $89.75 but it wasn't. I am so mad. I will never go back here again. They are out to get your money.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I went to the Jiffy Lube on Greentree Road in Pittsburgh and paid for the service package that included an oil change and a tire rotation. The invoice indicated that all of the work for which I had paid had been completed. However, when I got home, I noticed that the tire which was missing a wheel cap before I took my car in for the tire rotation was still in the same place on the car, reflecting the fact that a tire rotation was not actually performed, even though they claimed that it was. This, quite simply, is FRAUD! Their deceit also causes excess and uneven wear on the tires, which is the reason why you should get your tires rotated in the first place. If you believe that this service has actually been done, then you ignorantly continue to drive around, prematurely wearing out those same tires that you were trying to protect. It was only because I happened to be missing this wheel cap that I noticed the situation.

I can only imagine how many other times I, or any of Jiffy Lube's other customers, have paid for a service that was never actually performed. And who knows WHAT service they claim to do which doesn't actually get done? Do we really know if fresh oil is being added... or if that new air filter which they claimed was necessary truly was?

Years ago, at a different Jiffy Lube, after paying for a similar service, one of my wheels LITERALLY fell off the car about 200 yards from the service center after I left from there. Needless to say, that incompetence could have had a tragic ending. (But at least they began the process of performing the tire rotation... setting aside that forgetting to tighten the lug bolts thing.) Years later, I gave a different Jiffy Lube location another chance, thinking that my experience was probably a rarity. (By the way, I couldn't give the same Jiffy Lube location another chance because... wouldn't ya know... they went out of business.)

When I spoke to the manager at the Jiffy Lube to tell him that my tires were not rotated, even though they had claimed that they were, he offered to provide

for "free" the service that I had already paid for, if I brought my car back in. How wonderful... that they are willing to have me inconvenience myself by bringing my car back to them so they can perform for "free" the service for which I had already paid, and which was fraudulently not performed. I am not one who typically writes negative reviews. If I'm not happy, I simply take my business elsewhere. But in the case of Jiffy Lube, after (at least) twice having experienced potentially criminal "service" of different types, I felt it to be my civic duty to write a review that lets the readers know about the type of business that they'd be dealing with if they go to Jiffy Lube.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Went in for my emissions test and they wouldn't even look at my car just because I had a check engine light on... They wouldn't even change my oil because of the light. I went to the location highland and 48th and the one on 45th in Utah. Worst service ever, never going to any Jiffy Lube location again. I have already went to two different Jiffy Lubes to do my emissions test and had the same experience. Jiffy Lube has lost my service.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Trying to stay out of Jiffy Lube, after bad experiences (oil leak, soiled spots in the car else) but recently had to use one near my house on my way to work at 9630 Medlock Bridge Rd (near Waffle House) Duluth, GA 30097. Earlier this year replaced filter and air filter. After I left in the mid-way to work the engine begin making loud banging noise with every accelerator pedal push, dropped the power. I manage to slowly drive to my mechanic shop who found the rubber tube of the filter housing off the engine air intake (I have RAV4 2011). Simple thing, they did not secure the rubber tube on the inlet and it came off. I did not charge any complaints.

Few months after that, pressed on time I had to stop by the same location on my way to work to do another scheduled oil change. The same crew, young black girl, lovely and smiling was acting as a manager and few young guys, mechanics around. I had my doubts but did not have an alternative. After work was done I wanted to ask "manager" girl on the quality and any issues, mention my last experience with them and whether the same person worked on my car. However, her personal cell phone went off and she grabbed it and stepped out for more important conversation.

I left the place. The oil began dripping next day, but more and more with the days, so I returned. After mechanic inspected the leak, which was coming directly from the filter, she came to me and announced that it was an "original manufacturer's gasket" that was found broken and now will be replaced. When I ask what original gasket, and should the gasket come with the filter, she said she has no idea and that's what mechanic said to her. After that went out dancing, practicing some moves outside (lovely girl!) I insisted talking to a mechanic who actually found what was wrong, and he showed to me the O-ring that was jammed by the thread. I thanked him for honesty and not ** me and left.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I went to the location out in Salt Lake City, Utah on 400 East and 700 S on September 17th. I knew that I had to get an oil changed and my brakes fixed. The guy I spoke with told me that both front and back brake pads need to be replaced and that it would cost $530. He even suggested me to go to my credit union and ask to put this on credit as I didn't have money to fix it. I didn't want to put this on credit as I'm not able to afford it. Also, I'm a petite woman in her 30's and they were also trying to sell me the best quality oil but for expensive. They wanted the money then and there. I told them that I have to make some calls and see what I could do and that I would let them know.

I ended up talking to my guy friend and my bishop and they both told me that brakes shouldn't cost that much and just get the oil change. My friend told me that he would fix my brakes for cheaper. The brakes were $70 for both front and back and for the labor $20 an hour. He also told me that he could build brakes for how much they are selling me for the brake pads.

Today my friend fixed my brakes and told me that it was just the front brakes not the back. When he came to get me at work I saw my car and it ran just like new. He also said that he would recommend Jiffy Lube to people he doesn't like and was saying not to go there to me. I'm grateful for my guy friend who was willing to take the time to fix my brakes and be honest with me.

I would never recommend anyone to go here and if there were a rating lower than a 1 star I would rate it like that. The mechanics there only want your money and will take advantage of you even when you can't afford it. In my own opinion, they saw a petite woman who doesn't know much with cars and tried to take advantage of her.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We took our vehicle to Jiffy Lube at 300 E. 17th Street, Costa Mesa, California on 9/15/18. While our car was in for service the technician wrecked our car while they were parking it. We noticed the damage when we returned home and went back to the store immediately. When we returned we could see our paint from the vehicle on the building and the paint from the building on our car. The technician denied it and the manager denied the damage also. We asked for the district managers phone number and when we spoke with him it was a hostile situation. The district manager was the rudest person I have ever dealt with and basically told us he hoped we took pictures because we were going to need them. We will never use Jiffy Lube again!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I own 2 vehicles. Ram 1500 and Jeep Renegade. Jiffy Lube changed oil in Ram. Ram due for new oil change and I did myself. Jiffy tech had installed a Renegade oil filter in my Ram. I won’t be going there again.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I went today 9/1/18 to the branch from 3936 W 5400 S, Kearns, UT, because my brother had told me that they have a new crew and they're nicer than the previous crews and managers. I was impressed and happy!!! I definitely saw that the young people working now over there including the assistant manager are polite and are not trying to rip you off with shady deals. In the past I stopped going to this store because the workers and the managers were rude, and trying to overcharge me with different fees for services I didn't ask for, or by using low-grade oil when I would actually pay for highest grade.

The past crews also pretended they changed my oil for my big 2014 XLT truck, in less than 5 min, and they would lie in my face thinking that I may be an idiot who doesn't know that it takes at least 10 minutes to drain the oil and put a new one back in. Thank God because now these new people are super!!! Thank you for your good social skills, you guys and for your super work ethics.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Today I arrived at JL on 9736 S Dixie HWY, it was no many cars so I waited around 20 min and the lady called me. Asked me to changes car filters and oils and I told her I would like to charge my AC. She told me yes. It takes 10 minutes and she asked for 150$ for this. I accepted, then she left me and go to take her lunch and after 40 minutes from waiting I asked the guy who working in the back. He told me it is never 10 min. At least one more hour. I told him OK I have to go right now, so lady come back from her lunch and asked me to pay for AC and come tomorrow to charge it. I felt she doesn't respect my times and only she want to take my money. I will never go back again.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I was on Marbach Rd. on 8/13/2018 and decided that I had to get my truck inspected so I pulled into the Jiffy Lube on Marbach Rd. I was asked what I needed and told them I needed an inspection. The guy whoever he was said to wait in the waiting room and walked me there. The waiting room was filthy and the bathroom was disgusting! Well, I failed the inspection because I had smoke tint headlights. The inspector could not show me the regulation but could not. The next day I went back in the morning and asked to speak with the manager.

A man came out. NAME = Ernest was all he would give me. And I introduced myself and proceeded to tell him that I had data that disputed failing due to tinted headlights. He said that he was not going to stand there for an education and told me if I had any questions to call DOT. I asked what the DOT's contact name was and he said Bill! NO LAST NAME or Phone #. He is very lucky that he was not my employee because I would have fired him on the spot! If this disrespectful individual is what represents Jiffy Lube, my business along with many others will be taking our business anywhere else but this dump! I am a retired San Antonio Water System Environmental Investigator / Army Sgt. I will pass the word wide and far to stay as far away as possible from these dumps! Oh ya, I will be taking my vehicle somewhere else to finish my inspection and you can keep the $7.00.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I went into a location in Ontario for an oil change and a tire rotation - the oil change was never done. I called the local manager and she couldn't help me. Please do not go to this Jiffy Lube location or any other. They rip people off.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

This is the 2nd time I've had problems with Jiffy Lube! The first time I had them rotate the tires and they didn't tighten the lug nuts! I could have literally been killed!

The most recent complaint is with the oil leak I have because they didn't tighten the oil filter! I will never go to Jiffy Lube again!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

On April 27th, 2018, we brought our car into Jiffy Lube in Beaverton to have the brake pads checked. We were told the rear brake pads were in great condition, but the front brake pads needed to be replaced and the brake fluid in the front of the car flushed. We also had our oil changed and all other recommendations by the jiffy lube staff completed that day. Less than two months later our brakes were making noises again. We brought the car back in to the same Jiffy Lube on 7-20-18 and were told that the rear brake pads were in such poor condition they were basically metal on metal. Jiffy Lube staff were able to tell us this without even taking the wheels off of our vehicle and gave us a repair estimate of $500. We explained that the rear brake pads were fine in April and we were apologized to and given coupons for oil changes.

I called to speak to a manager that same day to discuss reimbursement for the damage to our brake pads and was yelled at by the manager. He then told me we “probably couldn’t afford to have all four brake pads done at the same time” and that’s why our rear brakes were now in such poor condition. He also said he didn’t work at that location at the time of our repairs so he didn’t know. He said he would have another manager call me. An hour later, Deandre called me, profusely apologized and promised that someone from corporate would call me within the hour. If I didn’t receive a phone call, he assured me I could call him back. I never received a phone call. When I called him back, I spoke to a staff member who told me Deandre was taking his second lunch of the day and would not be returning. I never received any return calls.

On 7/21/18 we took our car into Brake Lodge. After inspecting it, they found that our rotors were damaged and our calipers had frozen due to brake fluid not being flushed and brake pads not being replaced. The repairs cost $602. I called Jiffy Lube and spoke to Ted who told me I was not telling the truth about the services I received at Jiffy Lube on April 27th. After calling me a liar, Ted rudely told me to bring in my Brake Lodge invoice and nothing would probably come of it. He refused to give me the number of someone else I might speak to. We brought our paperwork into Jiffy Lube on July 27th and I received a phone call from the regional manager of Jiffy Lube.

Again, I had a conversation that can only be described as unprofessional and borderline rude. I was told that he tried to check camera footage of the day of April 27th but found nothing and there was nothing he could do. After a few minutes, he refused to speak to me or answer my questions. I was told his boss was out of town and would get back to me when he could. We eventually submitted a complaint with the BBB, but Jiffy has refused to make things right.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I accidentally drove too far into the docking bay and the first mechanic greets me with eyerolls and patronizes me about how obvious the signs were and how I should have known. He kept cringing and smirking with raised brows at his coworker in between addressing me as he directed me to another docking area. The manager then comes in to where the first mechanic, Ryan according to the receipt, directed me to sit, and also talks down to me about my mistake. I thought at first he was just joking with me until he also insisted that I must have seen the signs. I told him at that point that I did see that the signs said "Caution," but all welcome signs pointed into the bay areas and none directed traffic to stop short of them. He insisted I should have known better and I then told him I'm never returning to this Jiffy Lube. So rude and unprofessional. I just wanted an oil change!

Original review: July 24, 2018

My experience with Jiffy Lube has left me feeling very sadden. I went to Jiffy Lube (1116 Independence Blvd Virginia Beach, VA 23455) for an oil change after a car inspection. ** an employee of Jiffy Lube tells me that my brakes were severely dangerous (metal to metal, no padding left, red zone) and he don’t know how the state inspector missed telling me that. Now the state inspector told me I needed tires and headlight restoration only brakes had passed no problem. A non-state inspector ** at Jiffy Lube tells me a certified state inspector did not do his job correctly and I needed brake immediately.

I have been a loyal customer of Jiffy Lube for decades so I trusted their employees to be honest people. So I scheduled an appt. for the brakes to be serviced, I get there and an older employee tells me that my brakes ARE NOT in the red zone but yellow zone and would pass inspection no problem. That’s why the certified inspector did not fail me for brakes. I will never again go to Jiffy Lube, its employees like ** who lie to loyal customers and try to steal your money for services that are not needed at the time. I do plan to tell everyone I know not to go to a car service facility (Jiffy Lube) where employees lie in order to make money. Without any regard for their loyal customers and being honest with them, they only care about the money and profit. In this day where competition for your business is high I will pay more for honesty than dealing with a liar when it comes to my car being serviced.

Day 2... So today the District Mgr ** calls me to insult me saying that he was not concerned about what I experienced. Because he perceived, he perceived. This district manager lacked customer service skills and is not qualified to resolve issues. That is a big problem when the whole management team lacks integrity, and the skills to resolve liars, and cheats in their organization. I would never go to Jiffy Lube for service. People go to car repair organizations that respect you as a person and can resolve issues without justifying their lying employees. I’m a senior citizens and I have had cars all my life. I have never experienced anything like this before, not even at a car dealership.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Went for oil change. They said antifreeze low but would fill for 12 dollars. I will do it myself at home (required less than one cup). Very slow. On the way home the engine made a noise so I took it to another auto shop who changed oil and said wrong oil used. Car quit running. Jiffy Lube was informed and said nothing was their fault. I sold the car to a junkyard. I would NOT use Jiffy Lube ever again. Do not go there!

Original review: July 19, 2018

Jiffy Lube Oil Change 1219 Concord Ave (925) 687-5332. Go to Jiffy Lube. Said I wanted the $44.95 oil change. Jiff said they could not do the $44.95 oil change on my car. I had buy the $64.95 oil change but the total would be $79.81 and said no and was going to take it to place down the road to get my oil change but Jiff had started the $79.81 oil change without my ok. And they put 5 qts of oil in my car instead of 6, did not top off anything and told the power steering fluid was low and did not top that off. The only way to stop them is to stop going. RIPOFF, FRAUD, SCAM.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I went to a local Jiffy because I needed a quick oil change AND I had a coupon. When I pulled up the first thing the girl told me is that I absolutely had to have a synthetic oil change for my 2018 Kia Sorento. Then she said that since my car had 9000 miles it was definitely time for a tire rotation and then lastly, came in with a dirty air filter from my 6 month old car to tell me I needed a new one of these as well. So $200 later... Yes. $200 for what was supposed to be just an oil change. Btw, I called my vehicle lease company and asked about the oil afterward and they said “no, you do not have to have synthetic oil in this vehicle“ so I was blatantly lied to. Gonna reach out to BBB next and then who knows.

Original review: June 16, 2018

We took our car a Nissan Maxima 2014 for a oil change, it was 5:00 pm. They took the car in, told me that I needed the air filter changed, the cabin a/c filter, windshield wipers, oil cleaner to clean out the black gunk in the oil, this is the only thing we wanted done (oil cleaner???). I told them I will do the other things myself. We went for a walk (about 15 minutes). And they called us back to come get the car that it was ready. And while we were walking back I noticed that one of the tech was still in my car doing something (unknown what he was doing). We drove the car home. About a week later it started smoking puffs of white smoke every now and then, we also noticed a loss of power also.

I took it back and complain about the smoke, and was told that it was a lot of black gunk in the oil, but they changed it, and it still is doing the same thing. Now we have to take it to a dealer to find out what is wrong. This car had nothing wrong with it until after we went to Jiffy Lube in Pembroke Pines, on Pines Boulevard. I did found a hose from my PCV valve (and I still have it) that looks to me to be cut. And no one has been under the hood but me, and Jiffy Lube before then. The car has only 56,000 miles on it, for it to be there the second time.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I took my car at the Irmo, SC branch in for a regular 29.00 oil change. No special oil PT Cruise, had it change before, at the same place, the history of my car was in the computer. Never pay over 30.00 for an oil change, my bill was over $50.00. I asked for a regular oil change, nothing else. Just beware. I will state the oil change I want, and ask the price prior.

Original review: June 5, 2018

RIPOFF CITY! FRAUD WARNING! Called ahead, asked the price of an oil change for my make and year: they said $35 and change. Took the car in; when I picked it up they demanded $105+. If you take your car to a Jiffy Lube after reading this, you’re a dumb ** who deserves to ripped off for every penny you have!

Original review: June 3, 2018

I went to the Jiffy Lube on Main Street in Hesperia. I pulled up. Said I needed an oil change, they told me to go have a seat in the office, didn't ask me what kind of oil change or what kind of oil. I sat there a good 20 mins. Before I asked a guy what are they doing with my car. He said something sarcastic, anyway the guy finally comes walking in and says, "You didn't have any oil in your car," I said, "You're kidding," then he brings in my dip stick and shows me, then he wants to sell me this engine saving stuff. Needless to say I was not going to pay him 80.00 for an oil change.

I can almost bet my life on they being the one who drained my oil just to make more money, because when I went out there they had everything tore out of my car, filters, a cover that had to be screwed back on, they got in my glove compartment and took my air cond. filter out. All I wanted was a 29.99 oil change and with an hr. wait I left with no oil in my car. I've since put in 3 qts. Checked for any leaks, or any burning of the oil, like a grayish smoke coming out of tailpipe and nothing. They had to have drained my oil so they could sell me that engine saving fluid, and upgrade the oil. The more I think about it the madder I get.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Took our car to Jiffy Lube in November for an oil change. First they tried overcharging by $50. However, after working out this dispute our motor blew 80 miles later. Barely got it home. We put a complaint into Jiffy Lube immediately and after 5 months of waiting for an insurance claims expert to help resolve this issue, they decided to have it finally towed to a garage. However, it does not end there. We have had this looked at and explained that Jiffy Lube never completed all the work, as per their receipt and this is why the car probably blew an engine. But, they had their own inspector look at it and say it wasn't their fault. Bottom line, I would not trust either Jiffy Lube or their corporate executives.

Since this car now sat all winter, because of their laziness to have it checked out, there is probably further damage due to the freeze (we live in northern Vermont). We know they'll just say that THEIR DELAY of 5 MONTHS is not the issues. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS ESTABLISHMENT, NOR WILL I EVER GO BACK!!!

Original review: April 21, 2018

Jiffy Lube Hudson NY... Went in for a NYS inspection and oil change. They said we needed to change coolant and injector fluids. They did not tell us the cost and we unfortunately never guessed that the bill would be ridiculously high. The job took about 20 minutes and we ended up with a bill of $297.44! We were shocked! The mechanic was unmoved and had no response. We believe that we were ripped off! If the cost were stated beforehand, we NEVER would have consented. Do we have any recourse?

Original review: April 12, 2018

I should have went with my gut instinct and scheduled oil change at my Honda dealer. My car was in and out in under 15 minutes at Jiffy Lube. It cost twenty dollars higher than my dealership but I needed it done prior to our road trip to Florida a couple of days later. Once I hit the highway going over 70 I noticed a strange noise coming from under my car. I stopped. Didn't find anything unusual. Noise continued periodically and little black chunks kicked out from under car or car in front of me? Had no clue.

Get out looked again, it's obviously the motor cover hanging and dragging. Coincidence? I don't think so. I took car back to Jiffy Lube after we got back from vacation. He removed what was left of engine cover and denied any wrongdoing. He said the "clips" could have shifted. Funny because I know they're attached with screws. He said the engine covers are expensive and unnecessary. Said if I bought a new one they'd put it on for free! No thanks!!!

Jiffy Lube expert review by Lauren Fix

Jiffy Lube was founded in 1979 when it introduced the first drive-through service bay, making it easier for customers to get their oil changed quickly. Now, there are more than 2,000 franchise locations across the United States.

• Jiffy Lube Dashboard: Jiffy Lube customers can create a Jiffy Lube Dashboard account on the company’s website. They can keep track of all services performed at Jiffy Lube as well as receive maintenance reminders, promotions and coupons.

• Franchise locations: All Jiffy Lubes are now independently owned and operated franchises. Consumers support local business owners when they visit a Jiffy Lube. Different locations might have special offers and discounts.

• Recommendations tool: Consumers can view the manufacturer recommended service schedule for their make and model of vehicle by visiting the Jiffy Lube website. They can then see if there are any coupons for recommended services available at their Jiffy Lube location.

• Resource Center: The Resource Center section of the company’s website offers informational articles about maintaining a vehicle. It also has tips for driving safely and making an automobile more fuel efficient.

• Nationwide warranties: Certain products and services come with a warranty. These warranties are honored at locations across the country, so consumers will be covered even when traveling.

• Best for: Jiffy Lube caters to those who want their vehicles serviced quickly.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Jiffy Lube Company Information