Jiffy Lube

Compare Auto Service and Repair Companies

Research top Auto Service and Repair Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On 4/6/17 I took my 2009 Mitsubishi Galant for a regular maintenance which is an oil change and transmission fluid change. Since that day my Galant has been running weird. I brought the issue to my boyfriend attention so he can look at my car. Unfortunately with his busy schedule he didn't have time to take a look at my car.

A month has passed and is now May 25 and is time for another oil change. I was near mechanic shop so I decided to stop and have the mechanic look at my vehicle. While the mechanic is doing the regular maintenance and since I only came for a oil change the mechanic told me is also time for my transmission fluid to be change. I denied the service and told him I just had my transmission fluid change in April. I asked the mechanic how long does it take for the transmission fluid to be change and the mechanic told me it takes about 1 - 2 years. That is when I said "ok well I just had it done". The mechanic showed me how the the transmission fluid looks now and how it should look when the fluid is fresh. Since is been a month it will not be as pink but a little pink. However in my case the fluid had a smell and was a really dark brown color.

I drove to Jiffy Lube in Rockville asked for store manager and employees there would not give me no explanation or contact information of the manager. Since no one was able to help me I told the employees that I will contact Consumer Affairs if no one is not able to help me. After 10 min arguing back and forth an employee contacted Greg on her personal phone. Greg agreed to met me at Jiffy Lube on May 25 at around 5:30 pm. At 5:45 pm I told the employee if Greg is still coming and that 5:30 pm had passed. The employee called Greg and Greg response was he was on his way but had to pick up his child. I told the employee that I also had personal errands and he agreed on a time that he will be available.

On May 26 around 10:30 am I received a phone call from Greg to discuss about car issue. I told him my issue can't be spoken over the phone and prefer to do so in person. When can we met? I told him. We agreed on May 26 at 4:30 pm. Greg arrived on time and his 1st concern was who told me and where are they located. Not asking "let me look at your car" or none of that. I told him that his 1st concern should have been let me look at your oil and see if they actually did the job wrong. After 5 min going back and forth I told him I wanted a refund to take my car somewhere else but he refuse and walked away. After that I knew we would go nowhere. Since then I have not heard back from Jiffy Lube.

May 10, 1917 went to Yelm, WA. Jiffy Lube for an oil change. Arrived home to a phone message saying that they had an issue with my drain plug and that I needed to call them. Called and was told that there was an issue with my drain plug and they needed to check it. Thank goodness I checked my oil level before I went back because I had no oil. I was upset, this could have ruined my engine. I added oil and went back to Jiffy Lube. Was told that there was a cracked gasket on the drain plug. They refilled my car with oil and fixed the problem with the drain plug which they blamed on whoever did the last oil change.

Got home to another call from Jiffy Lube asking me to come back the next day so the manager could recheck my car. I couldn't make it the next day but did the day after. I was told a whole different story on the cause of the problem by the manager, again blamed on the previous oil change. The manager was so rude!!! Some of his comments were "You're still talking", "You didn't change oil yourself did you, I didn't think so" and when I complained to him about his rudeness he told me I was being rude to him. Scares me how I would have been treated if my engine was ruined.

I visited the Jiffy Lube in Calumet City in February of this year. I don't know what these people have done to my truck, I step on the break and sometimes it's very hard for me to stop my truck. I don't know what is wrong, it seems as though they deliberately done something to my ABS system. When I told them not to clean out my truck, they got a attitude about it, but I intend to do something about this, but JIFFY LUBE WILL NOT GET BUSINESS FROM ME AGAIN. They just have incompetent employees and they trick you into paying for a higher priced oil change, no more JIFFY LUBE FOR ME! (DAMN CROOKS).

I had my transmission serviced at your store located 2020 East Sarah, Las Vegas on 22 April, 2017. You replaced all transmission fluids and filter. My truck was shifting rough so I took it back to the store that did the service, thinking it need a little more transmission fluid. (I had been there a few days prior, but they was too busy to check it.) My transmission dipstick is on the transmission itself, when my truck was pulled into the bay 3 of your techs looked for the dipstick, (ok no problem). I was informed that the transmission pan was loose and that the dipstick was torqued too tight and they couldn't get if off.

Next I was asked for my receipt to prove that I had the work done there. I did not bring it with me thinking all I needed it, I just wanted my fluid level checked, on Jiffy Lube. Checking their computer they was unable to find me showing that I had services done there and that I was a liar, I was told they did not do that type of services at that store and was sent to the store on Charleston to fix the problem. The Charleston store was able to fix the problem. When I got home I found my receipt showing that the score at 2020 East Sarah had indeed done the work. When I returned to the Sarah store with my receipt all my contact information on my truck was wrong and that is why I couldn't be found. If that is the way that Jiffy Lube does business I'm surprised that you are in business, I will not be doing business with you again.

My daughter went for an oil change. She had a coupon for $24.99. At the end they charged her more than 46 dollars. That is $20 more than their asking price. I will never do business with company again, even if they offer a free oil change.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

I had my oil changed at Jiffy Lube and they put in a defective oil filter and all my oil drained out. They came out to my house and replaced it then they cleaned all the oil from under my truck. On my way home my truck stopped running. Contacted Jiffy Lube and they said, "Too bad but we will give you a free oil change." It's been 3 weeks now and still my truck sits in my driveway not running. I've tried to get a hold of the owner of the Jiffy Lube but no response.

Been occasionally going to a local Jiffy Lube in Freeport, IL. Generally the services have been performed OK and it's not really about how well they do their tasks. It's about how much they charge for doing those tasks. Like for example was charged $32 for a air filter which the same brand could be purchased at a local parts store for $18. Or how there is a $5 upcharge for a cartridge filter on a Chevy which fits a lot of current Chevy's. Or the $21 upcharge for semi-synthetic oil. You can easily walk out of a Jiffy Lube with a $100 oil change and not get $50 worth of products. You could go to a dealer and get by much cheaper which I am now doing.

I suspect plenty of people get ripped off by the upsells of a Jiffy Lube. I've seen plenty of expensive bulb changes, wiper blades, and trans flushes of which nobody should listen to a Jiffy Lube recommendation. These people are not technicians and should not be diagnosing problems and trying to fix them selling unneeded services. At best Jiffy Lube is a place to go in a pinch to get a basic oil change and decline all the other services. At least you walk out of there only $30 or so poorer. Believe me, I have learned my lesson and plan to only use a reputable service center that won't overcharge me for parts or basic inspections and fluids.

Getting ready for a road trip, I went to have my oil changed. I had never had any issues with this vehicle before. After my oil was changed, I was driving home. Approximately 5 miles down the road, my vehicle made a horrible noise and I had to pull over. I contact my husband who came to help me. We then contacted the Jiffy Lube center that I had my oil changed at to let them know something had just happened. They sent one of their technicians and a manager down.

They arrived within 15 minutes after our call. They brought along a filter, more oil and tools. The technician got on the ground to check underneath. There was oil on the ground but the technician stated that a rod had been "thrown" and had punctured the oil pan. The manager pulled my oil stick and there was still a lot of oil on the stick (reading high up on the stick). They stated that it must have been an engine issue and there was nothing wrong with the service I received from them. I had the vehicle towed and salvaged b/c it was going to cost too much to have a new engine put in. (This was after a week of calling several places to try and have it fixed.)

A few weeks later, another man I worked with was talking to me and I mentioned the issue I had. He stated that the same exact thing happened to a relative of his. He said that if there was oil on the ground and still a lot of oil in the reservoir, then they must not have drained the old oil out and it over-pressurized and caused it to "throw" a rod. Unfortunately it was too late to prove anything on our end but seeing as it had happened to more than just me, at the same Jiffy Lube, I will never bring my vehicle back there to be serviced and I will warn others.

The Jiffy Lube on Aramingo Ave do not follow the checklist that is given. I had to watch them to make sure they were doing their jobs. Their whole objective is to try and sell you things that aren't needed to up the price. I've brought multiple vehicles to this place and had to do the same thing. Once I sent my wife and they didn't put the oil cap back on. It was just under the hood on the side. I had to take it back and had them check everything in front of me. They are some crooks and I don't recommend and women to go to this place by yourself. Today was and is the last time I spend any money at jiffy lube period.

Took my 1996 Toyota in for an oil change and tire rotation. When I got the truck back, I noticed a hubcap on the passenger side floorboard. Brought it to the attendant's attention and while he was struggling to get it on, I noticed one of the back caps was missing. Brought that to his attention and he said, let's go look for it. Looked in the work area to no avail. Attendant said cap might not have ever been on the truck. I asked to see or talk with a manager. Talked to Adam ** who promised he'd look at security photos to see if the cap was on the truck when it came in. He's not been available since. I've e-mailed him three times. No response.

The caps were original caps and had been on the truck for more than 150,000 miles. I take it in for a tire rotation and all of a sudden I'm minus two rear caps. The front caps were improperly installed and would have fallen off had I not pulled them off and put them inside the truck. Really sloppy work and a truly dishonest attitude. Really a shame. The Devine Street location has always been a reliable shop. I've been there a number of times and they've always been quick and efficient. I know I'll struggle to go back and I'll tell this story to anybody who'd care to listen.

April 22, 2017. This was the second and last time I have my Honda serviced at Jiffy Lube. It's not enough to simply bring your vehicle in for an oil changed - but each time, I'm told I needed all these additional services. I will Never have my Honda serviced at Jiffy Lube again.

Jiffy Lube way overtighten my oil filter and my oil pan drain plug. They did not use any oil on the gasket seal that was on my oil filter. That's why it made it almost impossible to remove the oil filter. I'm surprised it did not strip anything? They lost one more.

I was taken advantage over priced for a oil change... 75.00 ridiculous prices. I have never paid for an oil change that much. I was quoted 44.99 and they also have hidden fees. They don't let you know you get charged on top of that labor fees. In the end, I got screwed with 65.00 with a 10.00 discount. And 4 days later I had to retake it back 'cause it was leaking. Didn't do the job right. I will never ever go to this place. I'm gonna tell everyone that I know never to go there. I'm gonna post it on social media never to take it to Jiffy Lube on 27th Ave and Bethany home. The worker that attended us was a native man. Really rude.

On 01/30/17 my private info was "hacked" at the Jiffy Lube in Carson City, NV. I received a letter of apology from the company (not the franchise) and 2 coupons for free oil changes. When I went to redeem the coupons in Metairie, LA, 7212 Veterans Blvd. store # 536, they would NOT honor the coupons. The coupons were not expired and valid for ANY Jiffy Lube! I will never use Jiffy Lube again!!! If you use Jiffy Lube - pay in cash and give no personal info.

Skip this place altogether. They failed my vehicle saying I tampered with the exhaust system. I have passed emission testing for the last 10 years in this vehicle with the same exhaust it had since the I bought it. Of course you still have to pay even if you fail. They charge 50.00 for a safety and emission test. Went to another emission shop, and passed no problem. The other shop had to verify with the local health department about my exhaust because the jackass at Jiffy Lube flagged my vehicle in the DOT system.

I took my truck in for a oil and filter, I explained I wanted it done from the bottom. They kept avoiding a price quote. 10 minutes later, ready to pay. They charged me over $100 I looked under the hood, oil everywhere. They had reached way down. Removed the filter, started the engine, turned it off, new filter, oil was 10.99 a quart 8 quarts on a 4.6L. They started making excuses, then something clicked and they called me a **, drug addict, I felt so vulnerable.

I didn't sign the charge, Dan forced his signature and charged me. I always check prices before I get work done, I get 2 quotes if it doesn't jive. These 3 guys Dan, Chris, Glen all creeped me out, don't go alone and I realized if I was a man they would have done the job right, as I specifically asked, if I was a man and had a issue I wouldn't have been called crazy **, I'm appalled. I can't imagine my daughter being safe waiting, her car held hostage. I'm sickened, upset and there should be posted background checks for employees so women can feel safe.

For those using Jiffy Lube, beware! This was my 2nd visit. I went to the Federal Rd Jiffy Lube location with my 2016 Acura yesterday. The first time a few month ago they told me I needed additional services and I trusted them and accepted them. I took. I went there yesterday and they did the same thing. They charged me $94.99 for the oil change, synthetic oil where at Acura I paid $59.95. Then they told me I needed a radiator flush for $109.99 and added fluid for another $39.99. I only have 22,000 miles on the vehicle. I went to the Acura dealer and they told me I DID NOT need a flush & coolant and that was way too much for an oil change. I did not need an air filter with only 22,000 miles.

I then Googled jiffy lube only to learn that many other people had the same problem. One guy sent his son to have his oil changed and the son came home with almost $700.00 worth of work done on his car. I will never go back to Jiffy Lube again. Beware, maybe just kids and women that they do this to? I would suggest you check the blogs on this location, this happens often there. What a rip off even with the coupons which still brought me to MORE than if I had the work done at Acura. Now I wonder if they even used the right oil. I am sticking with Acura, big mistake.

Antifreeze is not washer fluid!!!! I had an oil change and fluid top-off at the Jiffy Lube in Dorchester, MA. This was in anticipation of a business trip to Central Pennsylvania. I needed my wipers once I got there, and was shocked when I couldn't see out of my windshield. It was thick and greasy and I almost got in a very serious accident on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. I will never return to any Jiffy Lube again. Anilia refunded my money, but that's not the point. There's a huge difference between the colors green and blue.

I was not informed about how much my oil change was gonna be. I said I would not do it but they told me they already drained the old oil. I talked to the manager and he gave the oil change for free. They still did not check fluids and did not put the sticker for next oil change. I will never go to that location again. They did not give me any information of what they actually did. Location is store #1334, in Miami, Fl.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. These people put a hole in my radiator, denied doing in and refused to pay for the fix. I will never use this or any other Jiffy Lube for the rest of my life -- that is for sure.

Went in for a semi-synthetic oil change. Normally pay around $50 for this service. Had my cabin filter changed as well. Total cost was $130.00 with a $10.00 discount. Totally ripped off, and will never use this service again.

This was far and away the WORST customer service experience ever! They overcharged us by several hundred dollars and were totally unwilling to correct the situation. Don't GO unless you want to give your money to pirates.

I can't express how upset I am with their service and disregard of people's feelings. I went in for an oil change and they blew my engine. They have not given me a loaner because at their fault I will not pay to replace it. I will never and I mean never recommend or go to them again!!! I'm truly keeping my comments PG. My car was completely fine and well maintained until they got a hold of it... I feel shafted!!! How is that fair that they can get away with it??? I was even told that if I tried to sue them that I would lose... If I could submit this review with 0 stars I surely would.

They forgot to put the sticker in my window after my oil change, so I went back in. It took 10 minutes for the kid to hand-write a new sticker. He pulled my information up on the computer and asked, "Which one?" I looked at the screen and saw what I deduced were different oil-change packages and answered, "I don't know. Whichever's standard." After he placed the new sticker, I said, "Oh, no. That's the mileage on the last sticker." "Well, I asked you!" he shot back. We went back and forth for a second before I gave up and went home.

I called the manager, who never once acknowledged the way I was treated. "That doesn't sound like him" was all he said. Four times. "You don't tell me about your employee's character. You apologize for the customer service experience I had," I complained, to which he replied, "I'm sorry IF that that happened." "I heard that," I said, whereupon he admitted that he was "having a hard time believing [me]." I responded, "I didn't say the kid was screaming and pounding his chest. He raised his voice and got mad at me when he couldn't understand a simple task. It happened." Nothing. "Wow," I replied. "You're calling me a liar." He denied it. I hung up. Still don't have a sticker.

This has been the best experience I've ever had with Jiffy Lube. I've been coming for years at a different location. This location is the best. Customer service is excellent. Mark at the desk was great in explaining everything. Even though I have one closer to home I'll make the longer commute to start coming to this one. Thanks.

Do not! I repeat do not go to Jiffy Lube! I went for an oil change, and my car started ticking. I took it back to them and said what the hell. They argued with me, they did nothing for me other than tell me they took pics, and to top that off they said they would fight me tooth and nail because they did nothing wrong. They were right about that, they didn't put all the oil back in my car which caused the ticking. It's about 4 qts low. They showed me a full dip stick, but they had already put the stick in, and didn't wipe it off and do it again in front of me. Didn't think anything of that until there were issues with my car. I will never use their services again. They could have blew my engine. Do not use them.

Have had oil change performed at various Jiffy Lube locations. Last time talked into replacing cabin filter; charged. Toyota dealer inspection showed dirty cabin filter and engine air filter after the fact. Toyota gave this customer old filters as evidence. Additionally what Jiffy Lube stated that fluid levels were in good range untrue; had to have considerable amount of fluids replenished at additional cost in addition to cost of filters. Verify the work is done and parts replaced by obtaining old parts and make sure they are from your vehicle. Lack of business ethics, employee misconduct, poor auto repair service, and bad overall customer service. Will never use Jiffy Lube again. Trying to resolve situation, issues, obtain refund for fraudulent misrepresentation, service not performed and parts not replaced in addition to improper assessment of fluid levels.

I received my car back from my very first oil change at store #2344 off Camden ave and Hillsdale in San Jose, California on the 26th of January and received it back with major front driver side fender damage. I recommend no one to ever come to Jiffy Lube anywhere for services, better off repairing yourself or through a friend! ** em!

I will start by saying that I have contacted the Jiffy Lube store manager and am waiting for a return call from a district manager. I will update this if the store takes responsibility and holds itself liable for the resulting issues I am now facing. Oil change on my vehicle, second in a row at same facility. Less than one week later my vehicle goes into limp mode an hour from my home. The next day I bring it into my local shop only to find out it is low on fluid and my transmission needs a 2500 dollar repair. No leaks.

I visited Jiffy Lube #35 in Randallstown Md today for an oil change and was informed there is no oil on dipstick, So, I asked how could this be because there isn't any oil on driveway surface and oil light had not come on. I was told he (Kevin) doesn't know. Although, he came back to ask me to get an engine flush, in which I didn't want. Upon finishing the oil change... I was informed that the car has many leaks, oil pan gasket, rear main seal, transmission pan leak and missing shield parts. This info can't be true or the car would be leaking while parked in driveway. In addition, I asked for senior discount...but wasn't given this discount. I was told it's in the price. I've been customer for quite some time, but I think I have to take my business to someone else. The tech was so very unprofessional with me... very negative. At first he doesn't know then, all of a sudden everything is wrong with my car. Unbelievable!!!

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

Jiffy Lube was founded in 1979 when it introduced the first drive-through service bay, making it easier for customers to get their oil changed quickly. Now, there are more than 2,000 franchise locations across the United States.

• Jiffy Lube Dashboard: Jiffy Lube customers can create a Jiffy Lube Dashboard account on the company’s website. They can keep track of all services performed at Jiffy Lube as well as receive maintenance reminders, promotions and coupons.
  • Franchise locations: All Jiffy Lubes are now independently owned and operated franchises. Consumers support local business owners when they visit a Jiffy Lube. Different locations might have special offers and discounts.
  • Recommendations tool: Consumers can view the manufacturer recommended service schedule for their make and model of vehicle by visiting the Jiffy Lube website. They can then see if there are any coupons for recommended services available at their Jiffy Lube location.
  • Resource Center: The Resource Center section of the company’s website offers informational articles about maintaining a vehicle. It also has tips for driving safely and making an automobile more fuel efficient.
  • Nationwide warranties: Certain products and services come with a warranty. These warranties are honored at locations across the country, so consumers will be covered even when traveling.
  • Best for Jiffy Lube caters to those who want their vehicles serviced quickly.

Compare Auto Service and Repair