Jiffy Lube

1752people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Jiffy Lube :

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

I went to the Jiffy Lube to get my oil changed which I had done before, sometimes earlier than my due time. Normally, I watch from the inside, but this day, I saw an older man under my hood, who was messing with something for a while and had a look of confusion on his face, so I went outside. I asked him if everything is ok. He said yes. Now, If he hadn't broken my dipstick, I think he should have told me then that the dipstick was broken. Then, I saw someone else look, then get the owner or manager of that location to look also. He, the manager, told me that the dipstick was broken. I said "it wasn't broken when I came, and you are the only ones that I allow under my hood." He told me again it's broken, and whatever else he mumbled, then went on his merry way.

I brought my car to Jiffy Lube, because I thought that I could trust them, to properly care for my car, a Chrysler 300, and a friend referred me. I ended up taking my car to a dealer and paying over $200.00 for something that they did to my car. Then they have the nerve to send me a card to come in again for an oil change. Not me! I have lost respect for them. People who have taken care of my car, men, always try to act as if I am totally ignorant, to what is happening, which is why I trusted my friend to send me to a reputable place.

I'm now paying for a repair because Jiffy Lube did not replace the worn oil plug, nor did they even mention it. This is the plug they take off to drain the oil out. Only morons would miss this! I essentially drove off with oil leaking from my car. I used to be a regular customer and always received good service. NEVER AGAIN!

Please DO NOT use Jiffy Lube! There are so many other options, do not risk the untrained employees working on your vehicle. My experience started out by paying $97.00 for an oil change that was to include checking all fluids and topping off. I live in Kansas so $97.00 for an oil change is an outrage. (I was told price after the oil change). None of my fluids had been checked and when I got home, I was low on radiator fluid and power steering fluid. When checking my oil the next day, the oil was a quart high above the line. Also, Im a retired ASE certified technician.

I went to Jiffy Lube in Rocky Point, NY to get an oil change on my Volkswagen CC. The customer service was okay but very expensive ($105.36). A few days later I am going down the street and a huge red oil light comes on in my vehicle stating "Shut Vehicle down immediately." Thank God I happened to be right in front of the auto shop that I usually go to and he looked at the car. There was oil all over, leaking from the oil filter. I called the manager at the shop and he said if I could come there he could help me out. I explained to him, in a stern voice, that I had no intentions of returning to them as they were a good half hour away from where I was and there's no oil in my car, but I would be calling the corporate office.

Long story short I emailed Jiffy Lube's Corporate office, received voicemails but when I return the calls, no answer. Now the manager that I spoke to at Jiffy Lube has been changed. This has been going on for about a month and I have been told by the Volkswagen place that my car needs a list of things done due to the damage, over $5000 worth. I tried for an insurance claim and my insurance company provided me with a vehicle but state that they need Jiffy Lube to respond to them for an inspection as well. This entire thing has been a nightmare... all for an oil change. Please be careful who you let touch your car!!!!!!!

Horrible horrible horrible!!! My $3 oil change turned into a $72 new tire purchase... So they thought! I redeemed my $20 groupon today for an oil change which I paid $3 of the tax at the counter. When they pulled my up to be driven off the guy gave me my receipt and I notice my tire pressure light was on (this light wasn't on when I first arrived) so they drive the car back around to the work area. Then a different guy said they had put air in the tires and the light would go off in time but something didn't seem right so I drove around the corner only to come back with a completely flat tire.

They accused me of something I did and insisted I purchase a new to tire! $72+tax. I told them I didn't have money for that so the manager suggested I put my spare on until I get another tire. I drove to a local tire place where they inspected my tire and said a fresh hole was punctured in there. Wow I was very upset but thank god. They plugged it and I only spent $7 but shame on Jiffy Lube for trying to damage my tire so I'd have to buy a new one. I guess they didn't expect my car to notify me when something is not right! Wow again. Never again at this location and now my car is making a rattling noise...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

This is the most horrible business I ever be. I went to change my oil and when they done I noticed my driver's door won't open and immediately I returned to talk to the person in charge but they are so cowards and don't want to accept their mistakes. Whoever read this please don't go to this place. And that's not all. Next day I notice the engine light of my car was on while I was driving. I take to a trusted mechanic and he told me they screw the carter bolt. Don't go here never ever. Something will happen to your car and they don't going to have enough balls to fix it or repair it. I'm not joking when I said this is the most horrible service a car will receive. Your car can be permanently damaged by those clowns. They don't care about your car, they just care about your money.

Let's see, where do I start? Puddles of oil in vehicle on console. Dripping off doors and backseat. Dirty handprints all over inside of vehicle. Carpet as well!! Down right lies about water level in battery. Saying there was not even enough oil to register on dipstick (my husband took a picture prior to going in as they pulled this crap last time) hands down the worst experience we've had there including the last time.

The truck has never been serviced anywhere else since 2008. Needless to say we will NEVER go back. After reading customer reviews on their website I am clearly not the only customer that left upset saying I was upset/mortified at the mess my truck was in on the inside. I mean really, how does one puddle oil on the console of a vehicle right? We live in a small town. Needless to say I'm telling anyone I know that has done business with them in the past or considering doing business to reconsider. Read the reviews. I'm surprised they are even still in business. Clearly they won't return my calls because it seems they probably get calls such as mine quite frequently. We do have photos but they're not on this mobile device so I'm unable to post at this time.

I distrust and dislike the practices at Jiffy Lube. Though this is my husband's fault for agreeing to buying a new cabin air filter I do not believe that every time you go in for an oil & filter change you need one. It seems like every time you bring in your car with an oil & filter oil change coupon they try to sell you things you do not need. What he thought was going to be a $30.00 bill ended up costing him $80.00. I know I will never ever go back to Jiffy Lube with any of our cars again.

My daughter went to get oil change and radiator flush. They poked hole in radiator and never told my daughter... Car blew up... They offer 3 grand for the car and refuse to fix the motor. She still owe $2700 on the car. Now she has no vehicle.

Today I got online to look at coupon offers from various oil change garages, looking for an oil/filter change. I found a coupon from Jiffy Lube for $15.00 full synthetic so I called them to get the price of a full synthetic oil change for a '16 Subaru Outback. The supervisor quoted me $67.99, which after 15.00 off, would have been 52.99. Since Valvoline had an offer for 54.95, I had no reason to suspect this was incorrect. So I drive right down there and 5 minutes later I pull in. First, they mix up my car with two other cars, then I wait 30 minutes for them to get to me, then that same supervisor tells me my oil change will be 99.00. I tell him I just called to get a quote and he says this price is for "synthetic blend." I remind him that he, 5 minutes earlier, quoted me a price of 67.99 for full synthetic. He looks at me blankly. So I tell him just give me my keys -- I'll get an oil change at Valvoline.

Note they have already begun to take my car apart and he says they have to put it back together. I look out at my car and one of the technicians is sitting in my driver's side seat flossing her teeth using my mirror. I finally get my car back and they have left two big oily stains on my new car. I ask the tech to clean it up, he brushes at it with his OILY cloth, shrugs, and walks away. So now I have 30 minutes I will never get back, plus a permanently stained inside door upholstery. Needless to say I will NEVER use Jiffy Lube for anything ever again. The University City Jiffy Lube is HORRIBLE!

I took my 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 California special to get my oil change. After I got my oil changed my car started running crappy. Found out they only put 3 quarts of oil in it when 8 quartz was mandatory. I figured after I had my oil changed everything was good on my car. Turned out weeks later that my car was low on oil and messed up my motor. Now Jiffy Lube doesn't want to cover anything even though it's their fault for only putting 3 quarts of oil in my car, and they been giving me the runaround even though I took my car to the Ford dealership and I write Jiffy Lube a letter stating that it is their fault. They still do not want to cover it. I recommend for nobody to use Jiffy Lube.

Went to Jiffy Lube store # 2231 in Sandy, Oregon yesterday to get an oil change for a 60 mile+ drive up to 5,000 ft elevation in a remote mountain area. Car was due for a change and I wanted it in good, healthy shape for the trip. Jiffy Lube achieved just the opposite for me with their negligence. I noticed on the way home from my trip that the car was smoking heavily and engine lugging down when starting out from standstill.

This morning back in Portland in the day light, I could really see it was smoking like crazy. Checked the dip stick and it was WAAAY over the top of the "full" marker! Took it down the street to a different local JL #1006. They re-did the job for me and filled to correct level without charging. The manager at store #1006 Powell was helpful and seemed to have good integrity. He says he will call the #2231 store tomorrow and speak to their manager.

I'm hoping my car is not damaged, but will be taking it to a mechanic this week for a check-up to see if any damage can be detected. This time could have been much worse, judging from the stories shared on this site. Hopefully my car will be ok from here and not have minor or major issues because of this incident. If it does, proving it might be difficult to impossible? I'll be worrying now about the engine seizing up, blowing head gaskets, the catalytic converter... whatever else can go wrong when there's enough oil in the system to float Noah's ark!

I usually avoid JLs as a rule because of the stories I've heard from friends. Too bad I made an exception just this one time. In my past visits from years ago, it seemed to me they play on your fears to sell you more services, and talk fast to throw you off and get you keyed up/worried rather than clearly explaining things. I have learned my lesson for good now, absolutely NO MORE JIFFY LUBE VISITS FOR ME!

Damage to my son's car. My son went in for a simple oil change Jiffy Lube Huber Heights and left with a damaged hood and a cracked windshield. Jiffy Lube refuses to pay for any of the damage because they stated they don't touch the hood, pretty sure you have to lift and close the hood to do an oil change. My son lifted it some and then the technician Jason lifted it the rest of the way and placed the bar. Then when Jason closed the hood he could not latch it (no problems prior to visit), so they told my 17-year-old son he would have to figure it out himself. My son had to sit in his car for 1 hour in 90-degree weather until I could get him someone to help him latch it. Somehow in the process of them damaging the hood it also caused damage to the windshield that we now have to replace.

On 3/9/2016 I took my Dodge 3500 4X4 for an oil change as we were getting ready for a vacation. The work was performed at the Jiffy Lube on State Ave. in Marysville, WA. Less than 50 miles was put on the truck before we left on May 25th, 2016. We stopped in Butte, MT that same evening to fuel up and noticed a "wet" spot on the ground at the back of the engine. A trucker looked at it for me and told me it was most likely a blown rear main seal. The needed repairs were done at a cost of $759.97 plus an extra night's lodging. The diesel shop that did the repairs said the rear main seal blew out because "someone" overfilled the oil and they would be willing to verify this with Jiffy Lube. I paid for the repairs and went on about my vacation - with no further problems.

Upon my return home to WA which was on 6/15/2016 I contacted the Jiffy Lube that did the oil change and they blew me off - kind of like the way my rear main seal blew. So on 6/16/2016 I contacted Jiffy Lube Corp. in Houston, TX. Today, 6/28/2016 I was informed that Jiffy Lube Corporate was denying my claim because it was longer than 3 months since the oil change. The oil change was done on 3/9/2016; left for vacation on 5/25/2016 (2 months and 16 days after oil change - which is within the 3 months); incident occurred on 5/25/2016 but since I didn't report it until after I returned from vacation 6-16-2016 it was beyond the warranty. I didn't have my receipt with me, and I don't vacation with my computer. I am disabled due to MS, on a limited income, my family and caregiver who drove me Minnesota for a family reunion, made this trip possible.

Needless to say I am not happy with Jiffy Lube's response to this and I will be pursuing this with and through an attorney. My brother who is a retired Sgt. with LAPD paid the repair bill for me and intends to pursue this on my behalf. I'm sure a multi-billion dollar corporation can afford to spent thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars on tying this up until they think I will go away or financial give up. Well, I've taken on a $1.92 billion dollar outfit for $5,000.00 and won.

Bought a pre-owned 2009 VW Passat from a reputable dealer on 6/17/16. Only 89k miles on car... In great shape and clean. On 6/19/16 I took said vehicle to a very popular European dealership collision center (daughter's employer) to have her technicians that she has known for years and I trust look over the car. A "great buy" is said. No leaks, no lights on, everything good is the end result. Because there was no oil change sticker in the window and almost 90k miles I decided to treat my car to a full synthetic oil change.

Against better judgment (had problems a couple years ago at the same location), I pulled into Atlanta Lubes Two, LLC DBA Jiffy Lube #2103, located 5772 Peachtree-Industrial Blvd Chamblee, GA 30341. The employees were friendly and smiling (different people from years ago who were obnoxious and rude). I asked the cost of an oil change and was told $89 for my car and an additional charge of $15 to top off coolant because the "red" (warning not hazard yellow) coolant low light had come on during inspection (always thought that was free of charge).

Anyway, agreed to spend as I was in a good mood and I love my car. My car is in the bay and one tech comes in and asks for another to help him with respect to my car. I am now at the glass looking. The older fast talking tech comes in and explains something about my filter but said "all is ok." I know it is because I just bought the car. So, after 40 min (kind of long I was only one there and 4 techs hovering around my car), I go to pay and it's over $100 but am given a $10 coupon. Geee. Thanks!! Still expensive but I pay and leave.

The 26th of June, I pull my car out to leave the garage and all of my coolant (green slippery stuff) is on the garage floor. All of a sudden, I have a serious leak. Hmmmm... So, I call the location and of course they're excited about my coming back to them. So, instead, I take it to the same techs as before and he confirmed sabotage (a puncture in a line that he said was not there when he inspected the car). I make an online complaint and some arrogant ** from corporate is getting smart, over talking me, basically trying to avoid dealing with the issue.

Crooks, thieves, dishonest, unethical business practices. Realizing I am wasting my time (I can see why the Jiffy Lube culture is poor) I get so frustrated over his unprofessional and almost bullyish demeanor that I say ** you and before I can disconnect the call the representative from "CORPORATE" says, "You as well!" Lesson learned... Jiffy Lube nor any of the other quick lubes will NEVER get another dime from me.

I just experienced the worst customer service at the Laredo location on Del Mar. I walked in and stood at counter waiting to be acknowledged. The manager ignored me and went on to help another customer. He then gave the customer the wrong keys. As I stood waiting, he then got on the phone and turned his back to me. Once he was finished with the phone he ignored me yet again to speak to a new customer that had just walked in. When I got upset, he told me I was rude when all I said was "really".

Went in for a oil change on 4/2/2016. A guy came out from the back and asked me if I wanted them to check the air filter (don't they do that automatically?). He said "the reason I ask is that it is hard to get to, and I just want to make sure you would replace it if it needs it." I said "yeah, if it needs it I probably would." Comes back out 2 minutes later with air filter and looking at it, I told him I would wait until next time. Then, as I was getting ready to pay my bill, they told me that they had a special on wiper blades, Buy 1 get one free. I told him that mine were fine (I had just replaced them not long ago). Paid my bill and drove to a restaurant to have lunch (this is about 12:30).

When I came out to get back in my car, I noticed that one of my tires was very flat. I drove to a gas station several yards away and attempted to put air into it. When I took the cap off air was coming out like crazy and it would not hold air. I called a service station and after talking with them a couple times, figured out that the valve stem sensor was broken off. I was told that this doesn't just happen on its own and that whoever filled it with air last had to know it was broken because air would be leaking out very fast. Well things were starting to fall into place... I called Jiffy Lube 3 or 4 times and they would not answer (I believe they saw the caller ID and knew it was me calling). I knew then that this had been done deliberately because I didn't buy the air filter. So I had to call for a tow truck to take my vehicle to a tire store and have it fixed. About $100 for the tow and another $100 for the broken sensor. This is how I spent my Saturday afternoon.

I waited until Monday and talked with an area supervisor. He told me they have had problems with that location and that they would reimburse me for the towing and replaced sensor. A couple of days later when it started raining I turned my wipers on and heard a terrible noise. One of my wipers had a about a 4" tear. Now I know why they asked at the last minute if I wanted my wipers replaced. It was not like that before I went for my oil change. So I called the guy back and let him know. So now I had to go and purchase a new wiper blade and install it myself.

Looking at my receipt, it says that I declined to have my tire pressure and air filter checked. (REALLY??) Since then my stereo has been cutting in and out and my windshield cracked. I can't help but wonder if these things were also caused by Jiffy Lube. I did finally get a check for $190.22 to cover the tow and sensor, over two months later. I guess I will never know what all was done to sabotage my vehicle while I was there.

They are bunch of crook. They charged me $40.00 for air filter which cost $12.99. I understand charge for labor, but 350%??

As soon as I walked in this location on South Frontage I-35 (Austin, Tx), I noticed the employees were super unpleasant. The inside was all dingy and the chairs ripped/stained. That didn't even come close to my main problem with this place. I went in to get an oil changed and a week later I learned that they never put the coolant cap back on. As a result, my car overheated on the highway, I needed to have it towed, and needed my thermostat replaced. That was my 1st and only experience going to Jiffy Lube. I only went there because I had a coupon and got an oil change for $29, but in the long run it cost me $251 (would have been over $500 but did not get the hoses replaced yet). I am very upset with my decision to go there in 1st place and will NEVER return.

Public Service Announcement. BE AWARE!!! Re: Jiffy Lube # 1463 3000 Capitol Ave Sacramento, CA 95816. BAR #ARD256518. EPA #CAL000335141. Owner: Donald Fowler/Broadbase Inc. I've been a customer for 4 yrs. I've repeatedly informed JL that my $1000 aftermarket performance ball joints have grease zerks and require lube. When I went in for an oil change today, I verified with the front desk, that they know about the zerks. The technician showed me they had a notation on my account, that they were aware, and that they would take care of it. At post inspection, they showed me my coolant was a quart low? I checked under the vehicle and showed them that the zerks had not been touched. They pulled the vehicle back in, and I asked to speak with the mgr **.

During our conversation, I negotiated for them to top off the coolant at no cost, as a show of good faith. After filling the coolant reservoir, the tech said my ball joints were torn. I stated that they shouldn't be, unless they are not competent to do that service. When I got home, I crawled under the vehicle, to check that the oil filter had been changed, and to inspect the ball joints for damage (there was none... just a sloppy lube job). I opened the hood to verify that the coolant had been topped off. What I found, is that the tech disconnected a vacuum line from my air filter to the engine, when he was topping off the coolant. I am no longer a Jiffy Lube customer, and I have filed a complaint with Bureau of Automotive Repair.

I had an oil change and transmission service done at the Jiffy Lube at 5915 100th street in Lakewood, WA on 3/17/16 and after a couple of weeks of oil leaking on my garage floor I returned the car to Jiffy Lube and they stuck a vacuum cleaner to my oil filler hole and messed with my car for over an hour. They explained the guy that changed my oil used an old oil washer and that's why it leaked. Two weeks later my low-pressure oil light came on and I had to take the car to the dealer. The dealer called me and informed me that whoever changed my oil last had removed my oil pressure switch and stripped the threads when they tried to put the switch back in. They had smeared sealer around it seal it. It failed and that's why the light came on. He also explained that someone had stripped the threads on the oil pan and installed a piggyback plug which was also had been stripped, and had a red sealer on it to keep it from leaking.

He said I needed a new oil pan. I called the general manager a Jiffy Lube and he denied they ever touched the oil pressure switch and that he had even looked it up on the computer to see where it was located. He informed me that he couldn't be held responsible until he inspected the damage himself but would not go look at the damage at the dealer. I had the dealer put the old oil pan back on and took the car to Jiffy Lube. The manager said no oil was leaking out the stripped threads so I was out of luck, but he would rethread the oil drain and put a yet larger plugin. My wife said they couldn't touch her car again so we took it back to the dealer for a new oil pan.

The store later called me and said they would refund my money for the oil change and transmission service but refused to fix my damage. The total for everything was $1,500. I contacted the BBB and Jiffy Lube gave their pet answer that they didn't do it. The car has only had service at the dealer and that Jiffy Lube and the dealer verified that Jiffy Lube had done the damage. No one from Jiffy Lube management has contacted us wanting to see the parts or even discuss the matter or see the documentation. No choice but to sue them.

I went to Jiffy Lube to get a oil change. The guy told me I had a dirty fuel filter and showed me some dirty gas that came from my car that I had no idea how he came up with. He recommended a fuel flush and after he went on and on I reluctantly agreed. They took my car out of my view behind the building for about 20 minutes. I had an odd feeling and walked out there to check on my car. I found two employees sitting in my car and three more standing around it. They were messing with my radio and not working on my engine at all. I asked him to get out of my car and I got in and drove up closer to where I could keep an eye on it. I paid my bill and drove off. The car ran no different after this mysterious fuel treatment flush. Total cost $249 down the drain. I will avoid Jiffy Lube from now on.

Took my brand new vehicle to Jiffy Lube for its first oil change. They stripped drain plug without telling me about it. Tried to take it to Wal-Mart for the next oil change. Wal-Mart would not service the car due to the stripped drain plug. Brought back to Jiffy Lube. They told me to replace the part they damaged. Tried to call customer service, put on hold forever. My call dropped and when I tried to call back they started putting on their answering machine like they can't be bothered to speak to their own customers on their customer service call center during their hours of operation! Seriously? I try calling back later the same day, now they put me on hold for 30 minutes, and at the end of the 30 minutes I get the answering machine again. Terrible company. Avoid at all costs.

Oil change for 43.00. Simple. They failed to lubricate my joints. They said while I watched they would add water to my wipers plus special stuff, fix my suspension $400, flush transmission 179.00, etc. They charged me a fortune for oil change and filter. The rest was to throw them away. Oh I complained and got 14 off so for one oil change 29+, 5+ tax disposal a what happened to a LUBE. This is the new Jiffy Lube. You are getting your money taken. In a jiffy!

In October of 2000 at the Jiffy Lube on Randleman Rd., Greensboro, NC I took my 1996 Chevy Cavalier into the shop to receive an oil change. The manager of this station informed me that I needed a radiator flush because my antifreeze was brown because of rust. Jiffy Lube performed the service and I paid the bill. I drove less than a mile and my temperature gauge in my car went off of the charts. The car overheated way beyond being measurable by the gauges. I drove the car back to Jiffy Lube and informed them that there was something wrong.

They inspected the car and realized they put the wrong antifreeze in the car. They replaced the antifreeze with the correct stuff. However the damage to my engine had already been down. A few weeks later the engine block cracked. Since, I have never used Jiffy Lube. I tell all of my friends and family to never use this business. The "technicians" have the bare minimum training and perform substandard work. NEVER EVER USE THIS BUSINESS.

I had my RX 350 served for oil change for a few times there, and one day, when I opened my hood, I was surprised to find the cap for engine coolant gone, and the coolant tank is completely empty!! I had never done anything to my car except oil change at Jiffy Lube. So I drove to their store and talked to their manager, and the manager told me that he had told me about it and I didn't want to do anything! OMG, I can't imagine they could come up with such a lie!! I am wordless. So be aware!! Stay away from Jiffy Lube if you don't want to have trouble!!!

I had just had my brakes done a few days ago and they had been working great for the days after. I drove on over to a Jiffy Lube to have a simple oil change. The manager brought me out of the waiting room and showed me my air filter, then said he had seen worst and recommends I have it changed on my next oil service. He also said I had a turn signal out. I said "Yes go ahead and replace it."

When everything was finished he brought me up to the counter and said everything was fine. I paid and he gave me the print out that showed all that they did and checked. One of the things on there read "Brake Fluid Check", across from that reads "Sensor OK". He leads me to my car and puts the sticker on the windshield and closes the door after I get in. As soon as I take off and the put my foot on the brake pedal it felt different from how it felt when I drove there. I thought well maybe it's because they put air in my tires. As I was driving home which was about a four-mile ride I could tell my brakes were not as strong as they had been with brand new pads and rotors just put on a few days ago.

Well when I parked the car I noticed this air sound as I pushed the brake pedal. I went in the house and googled that air sound, then went back out to the car and brakes were completely gone pedal to the floor. Luckily I made it home just in time or I might not have made it home alive. Well I looked under the hood and the brake fluid was just about empty. Walked over to DG and bought some but it just leaked out. I could see the drip under the bottom by the tire. I'm going to have a shop pick it up tomorrow. I will never trust Jiffy Lube again.

I took my car April 23 to the Waldorf location for an oil change. I advised the mechanic the air conditioning wasn't working at all and if he could take a look. They told me they could fix it for $140.00 and I told them to go ahead and complete the service. That Saturday was raining and when I left didn't turned the air conditioning on. I assumed they tested and fixed. I realized the AC wasn't working Sunday, a day after the service and I called to let them know. I took the car back to the Jiffy Lube at the Waldorf location and after checking they advised me that in order to fix the AC they needed to order a part and to complete the service would cost me $740.

They never fixed the AC at the original service. The bill specified they found the AC leak detection, but if they really completed the job at the first time, they would have found the other leak too. I request a refund or for them to complete the job. They didn't want to give me a refund and the only solution they wanted to offered me is to complete the AC repair for $740 and they would discount the $150 for that amount. This is bad service. The mechanic never completed the job and I was charged for the service. I request a refund. I complain for this service and I want this matter to be fix immediately.

I went to Jiffy Lube to have my brakes done about a yr and half ago and they charged me 625.00$ for broken rotors and drums and brakes. Well I started hearing noise when I stopped and I called and they said my warranty was up. Well I continued driving because I'm a single mom and I don't have much money. I had to get it smogged and when the gentleman smogged it he said "you know your brakes are metal to metal." I said "well I just had the brakes done last yr." He said "there is no way your brakes were replaced."

I called Jiffy Lube again. They said "well we have new management." What should I do? They want me to bring it back in but I'm afraid they will cause me more problems because I am complaining. I don't know anything about cars. Never go to Jiffy Lube. I'm afraid to drive now. Every time I brake there is a very loud noise and I can feel rubbing and grinding. I'm afraid to take my daughter in the car. But I don't have any money. I need help.

My husband brought our brand new 2016 Subaru Crosstrek to Jiffy Lube on Hempstead Turnpike in Bethpage for a quick oil change. This was a major error on our part!! First after the oil change we left the house to go out to dinner. An hour later and the oil light goes on. My husband checks the oil and there is none!!! Then we call to say we are bringing the car back and the "manager" Derron says "I remember that car, we put oil in it". When we got to the center and showed Derron that there was no oil in the car he did not even so much as apologize. Great "managerial" skills. Then he proceeds to put TOO MUCH oil in. Then he says he has to take some out and redo it. Well after waiting a significant time and having to deal with Derron's uncaring attitude my husband checks and it is still overfilled. Really? You're an oil change business and you cannot change the oil properly? Still no apology.

In addition, when my husband first brought the car Derron was annoyed because my husband didn't want a $70.00 ultimate oil change!!! When my husband at the end of the ordeal suggested that he should be given a refund Derron told him to "come back tomorrow". This may indicate he wasn't the manager after all duh!! So disgusted! Absolutely no regard for other people's stuff and no work ethic whatsoever. Goodbye Jiffy Lube. The best thing that can happen is you go out of business!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Jiffy Lube was founded in 1979 when it introduced the first drive-through service bay, making it easier for customers to get their oil changed quickly. Now, there are more than 2,000 franchise locations across the United States.

• Jiffy Lube Dashboard: Jiffy Lube customers can create a Jiffy Lube Dashboard account on the company’s website. They can keep track of all services performed at Jiffy Lube as well as receive maintenance reminders, promotions and coupons.
  • Franchise locations: All Jiffy Lubes are now independently owned and operated franchises. Consumers support local business owners when they visit a Jiffy Lube. Different locations might have special offers and discounts.
  • Recommendations tool: Consumers can view the manufacturer recommended service schedule for their make and model of vehicle by visiting the Jiffy Lube website. They can then see if there are any coupons for recommended services available at their Jiffy Lube location.
  • Resource Center: The Resource Center section of the company’s website offers informational articles about maintaining a vehicle. It also has tips for driving safely and making an automobile more fuel efficient.
  • Nationwide warranties: Certain products and services come with a warranty. These warranties are honored at locations across the country, so consumers will be covered even when traveling.
  • Best for Jiffy Lube caters to those who want their vehicles serviced quickly.

Compare Auto Service and Repair