Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.49/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

944 Jiffy Lube Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 20, 2019

Great place for an oil change. **, at Jiffy Lube, 164th Ave., Mill Creek, was exceptionally polite and helpful. His team did a great job and were quick to satisfy me as a customer. I would highly recommend this Jiffy Lube to all in the area - great job!!!

Original review: April 4, 2019

I had a issue with my car having the wrong plug in my oil pan. The Jiffy Lube that I normally attend push my issue off on another location the last serviced my car. But once I arrived and to the General Manager (Jerry **) he had no problem at all fixing the issue at hand. Plus him and his team went above and beyond to make sure the the problem was fixed, and most of all that I left a SUPER happy customer. From here on out this will be the only location that I'll attend, based off the fact I will receive 5 STAR service. I want to say Thank You for the great service Mr. **.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Came in and got out in about 30 minutes. Checked my oil before I went in and after to make sure they performed the services I requested. They did not push any unnecessary services this time around which was nice. This visit and location seemed very good. 2414 Southern Blvd Rio Rancho, NM.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Chris and Caleb Outstanding Customer Service - I have never been in and out in less than 15 minutes... WOW!!! THANK YOU FROM CUSTOM SINS CHOPPERS As well as UBER!!! I will be back to this location from here on out! You have a great team of workers!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I went today 9/1/18 to the branch from 3936 W 5400 S, Kearns, UT, because my brother had told me that they have a new crew and they're nicer than the previous crews and managers. I was impressed and happy!!! I definitely saw that the young people working now over there including the assistant manager are polite and are not trying to rip you off with shady deals. In the past I stopped going to this store because the workers and the managers were rude, and trying to overcharge me with different fees for services I didn't ask for, or by using low-grade oil when I would actually pay for highest grade.

The past crews also pretended they changed my oil for my big 2014 XLT truck, in less than 5 min, and they would lie in my face thinking that I may be an idiot who doesn't know that it takes at least 10 minutes to drain the oil and put a new one back in. Thank God because now these new people are super!!! Thank you for your good social skills, you guys and for your super work ethics.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

Original review: June 25, 2019

I took my Mazda 3 in on 05/19/2019 to Jiffy Lube #2345 on 884 Blossom Hill Road, San Jose, Ca 95123 for an oil change. I remember being surprised at how fast they finished the filter and oil change. Less than 5 mins after walking in the door, I was given an estimate at 1:38 asking what kind of oil I wanted and if I wanted the air filter changed. The time stamp is on the estimate. The final receipt says I paid for the service at 1:54. There were three other cars in the bays being serviced, so the fact the my car was finished from the time I parked it outside the bay, walked into the store, and paid for it when they deemed it was done was maybe 20 mins.

Fast forward three weeks later to 06/15/2019, I took my car in to a 76 station to have the brakes done. When I picked up my car, Ben with 76 said they did an oil change because the oil and filter were filthy and I had hardly any oil. He did not charge me for the oil change. (I have had service here before and this is the quality of their customer service.) I told him I just had my oil done at Jiffy Lube a few weeks earlier. He commented something about Jiffy Lube's reputation for not actually doing the services they claim. I decided to go to Jiffy Lube and confront them.

**, the manager at Jiffy Lube, told me I would have to bring the filter in for him to see, so I went and picked it up from the 76 station. I verified it was the same model of filter as noted on the Jiffy Lube receipt, before leaving the 76 station. When I went back with the filter seeping dark brown oil, the manager was gone for the day and I was told he was the only one that could authorize a refund. The person I talk to agreed the oil was pretty dirty and didn't look like it had been changed.

I went in today, June 24, 2019 to speak with the manager and get my refund. He made plenty of excuses and claimed the guy who changed it wrote the date on the oil filter proving he changed it, however, that proves nothing because he could have written the date on the one that was put on when I brought my car in February because it was the same model of filter. The receipt states what filter is used and I have both receipts. In the end, the manager claimed he could not authorize a refund.

I am bringing this to whoever will listen. They did not change my oil or filter by the looks of the filter removed and the color of oil seeping from it. They charged me $61.87 that I wanted refunded. This is the third incident of significance that I have had at this Jiffy Lube in over 10 years. I keep going back every couple years thinking that their quality of service will get better since employees cycle through there. Obviously my reasoning is flawed and I should have filed a complaint against them when the previous issues happen after I have discovered they have proven previous violations.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I went to the Tucker, GA Jiffy Lube to get my differential and transmission fluids changed. That's it. Three hours -- and less than 20 miles later, my engine was blown, due to there being no oil in it. I drove my truck in there, leak-free and full of clean oil. I left, nearly having an accident, and was billowing smoke and shaking on the freeway at rush hour -- less than 20 miles of driving after my service, when this happened. I phoned their dubiously monikered, "service representative line" to have them replace said engine. At my insistence that they made a mistake and caused this to happen, their completely unhelpful corporate offices began what can only be described as a Kafkaesque "investigation".

Ryan, a customer service representative, (and again, I use that term loosely) in Raleigh at Lucor --which is NOT Jiffy Lube corporate headquarters, but the franchise location for the SE, (which includes GA ) - Ryan wouldn't give me any information at all, stonewalling me on everything from who owns the franchise, to what is the name of their inspector, to who is the CEO of Lucor. I was not even allowed to contact a supervisor. I got nothing except attitude. First, Ryan (and his unnamed minions) insisted the oil loss was a coincidence because my truck was old. Their technician insisted he hadn't done anything wrong. Then they hired an inspector to look at the engine. It was determined that the engine blew due to lack of oil--which they insist was not their fault. My mechanic and theirs both agree that engine damage was due to no oil. They just won't entertain the possibility that within less than 20 miles of driving, they actually might have caused this.

And I'm NOT allowed to even get a copy of their inspector's report. For them this is a closed case. For me, just the beginning. They completely destroyed my truck. Everyone agrees that no oil caused my engine to blow. They just don't admit their hand in this. It is NOT a coincidence. My truck was leak-free --- they would have told me immediately if I was leaking or empty. They gave me a printed list of future service recommendations. Nowhere did it mention oil loss or leakage. I maintain that their technician --accidentally-- loosened something causing the oil loss. This is just not right or fair. They need to replace my engine. This is simple cause and effect. My truck was fine until they handled it. Now it needs a new engine. SHAME ON JIFFY LUBE! The only thing I did wrong was go there in the first place, and I won't make that mistake ever again. They ruined my truck. Don't let them ruin yours.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Had my oil changed here and two months later my car broke down (my car is only 4 years old). Had it towed to dealership. They told me there was virtually no oil in my car and the oil that was in it was jet black so there was no way the oil had been changed. Called Jiffy Lube, they said to come by. When I did they told me they had to take the oil change sticker off my car! Obviously they were trying to hide an evidence of an oil change. The damage to my car is over $3,000.00! They sent an inspector out and he claimed it was a faulty engine. Apparently to avoid paying for the damage he went on the internet to search out complaints against my particular car and came up with the bogus idea that it was a faulty GM engine (there are currently no recalls on the engine). Unfortunately I am going to have to resort to filing a lawsuit against Jiffy Lube.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Quoted 80.00 to replace plugs. Manager added labor. Came to 297.2. This place is at 350 Main Street in Hendersonville, TN. Buyer beware. (And any jokes you want to make about this place and the jerks who run it are welcome.) We have used Jiffy Lube since they opened because we found them to be dependable and trustworthy. At the end of my visit this morning, the manager gave me a coupon book "for next time." Trust me, there will not be a "next time."

He suggested we get our spark plugs changed and told us he would have to get a quote for us on that. He stated it would be 80.00. When I got the bill for the oil change and spark plugs it came to over 400.00. The manager then explained it was 75.00 an hour to replace the spark plugs, something he did not tell us before we agreed to it. They have blocked my complaints on Facebook and sent me to voice mail when I tried to call their corporate office. I am taking this to the appropriate consumer protection offices since they don't seem willing to answer my complaint.

Original review: June 4, 2019

The most dishonest service location I have ever been to. The Jiffy Lube at 1812 Pulaski Highway, Edgewood, MD, 21040 is staffed with a dishonest individuals who only want to get paid for providing no service. First they are always trying to convince you to get service that you don't need. Maybe that is how they make money so I can maybe forgive that.

Went in on Friday because my AC was not working. After they serviced the AC, they asked me to sit in the car before leaving to determine if the issue was resolved. I told them there and then that the AC was still not working and the temperature is still the same as before. The service tech told me that I need to drive it around a bit as the car was sitting in the heat and that is why I was not feeling the coolness. I told him I did not want to leave without it working. I asked him, if that does not work do I bring it back and have them fix it. He said yes. I asked the same question when I went to pay for the service and I got the same response.

The drive around had no effect and after a day I went back. As soon as the service tech saw me I said "Know why I am back right?" He asked "The AC is not working?" I was glad cause at least he remembered. I explained to him that the temperature never changed. Then he said "We don't do warranty on AC service and you have to pay for us to do it again." His manager then came out and after explaining to him he started shouting at me and said "You can call who the ** you want cause I can't help you." Lesson learnt. Please use another service provider so you are not ripped off as I was. After a $200.00 payment I still have a hot car in the middle of summer.

Original review: June 3, 2019

After an oil change on May 24, oil pressure became very erratic, dropping to near zero. Towed it to the dealership, who said an O ring was not installed with the filter, causing the loss of oil pressure. I still don’t know what damage was caused or how much life was lost from my car engine. RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN FROM JIFFY LUBE!

Original review: May 30, 2019

Went to Jiffy Lube on Valley Central way in Lancaster CA for a simple oil change on my new car. I get in my car when they are done, which is already turned on and waiting there, and the check engine light is on! I immediately get out and tell them the check engine light is on now, and can they please make sure they filled everything correctly and connected everything correctly. The 4 men there - Angel, Jonathan and 2 others refused to look at the car! Told me the hybrid battery was dead and ignored me for 2 hours until I got it towed away. It was towed to the Toyota dealership where they tell me someone overfilled it with oil and it went into the intake valve, engine and shorted the car out!! I missed work, paid hundreds to get my car fixed, on top of the $90 they charged to just dump oil all over my car! There is no way of knowing if this will cause permanent damage! This place is awful! They refuse to contact me or acknowledge their wrongdoing.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I pulled up to the bay and the worker took my car into the bay and was told to go into the office. About 8 mins later, I assume the manager came into the office and told me the type of oil my car uses and how much it would cost to change it. At that time I told him to pull my car out of the bay. It was too expensive and I will take it to another location to have the oil changed. He said it was too late. They started the oil change. He did change the oil but was treated like I stole something from the store. They did not put a sticker on the window or even a thank you, NO PROBLEM but sorry don't start a job without telling how much it's going to cost to do the JOB. POOR EXCUSE FOR A COMPANY TO be honest. OH yeah the manager said it's company policy to start the job before telling the fee. Shame on you Jiffy Lube.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Last week I took my car for an oil change. The technician showed me my air filter and suggested I get a new one. I politely declined. Yesterday on my drive to work my car died. I was barely able to drive it to the dealership bc it kept dying if I went under 20 miles per hour. The Nissan service dept told me they forced my air filter in upside down and backwards and as a result my engine has a bunch of dirt and debris in it which needs to be flushed, the parts replaced and I have a $937 bill. I’m going to take them to small claims court if they don’t cover the repair.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Don't ever come here. They sell old tires. I had a very bad experience with them. They sold me old tires and charged me a lot of money for 2 tires which they claimed they are brand-new. I found out later they are two years older. What a scam. Ask them to see the tires manufacturing date cuz they don't write in the invoice so you don't see it. Don't trust them if they say they are brand new!! Ask them to see the date first. Very bad service.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I took my Focus to get back tail light replaced and oil change. I was on my way to work and didn't want to be pulled over for my light. The guy said Ford won't let any oil be put in their cars but this brand that would either cost me $59 or $79! I told him I have never had to either put this expensive oil in my car or ever pay that much. Because I was in a hurry, I had it done, but I will NEVER go there again!

Original review: April 30, 2019

Went to Jiffy Lube in Ogden, Utah with my $19.99 coupon and 30 minutes later went to pay my bill. The charge was $37.23. I asked why the price was so high and he told me the coupon was for a 5 quart change; mine took 6 quarts. Stay away from Jiffy Lube. I guess it was my own fault, because I had been warned about Jiffy Lube and their deceptive practices, but I went there anyway. Foolish me. Never again.

Original review: April 15, 2019

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. Instead of being directed to which bay I should pull into, the staff just stared at me and continued to converse. When I asked for prices she directed me inside. I commented that I just wanted a quote on the oil change. She told me he could offer me coupons. I waited 36 minutes as they lifted the hood of my car and "investigated my issues." He called me over to the computer told me, he didn't offer discounts and that my car was in desperate need of transmission flush, rotation of tires, coolant, air filter and fully synthetic oil change. I advised him that had he enter my name correctly in the computer he see that I had all of that done by them 90 days ago when I was there last!

"Just the Synthetic oil change how much?" He have me a price and within minutes came back in to tell me that my engine is larger than they anticipated and they already started the work, "it would be $35 more." Really? Is this the first time the 5 of you have ever seen a Highlander? 41 minutes later they drove my vehicle out but, didn't call me up to pay, so I asked, they truly said to me they were too busy to cash me out. I waited another 17 minutes, was brought to my car and told by the tech that as a courtesy they vacuumed out my car. NO, there was oil streaked all over my driver side carpet. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Ps, they never turned off my oil change light.

Original review: March 29, 2019

This store stripped my plug in my oil pan and refused to do anything about it. Now I am forced to go to Jiffy Lube with a temporary plug each time now. I can't go anywhere else to get a oil change. My only alternative is to spend $500+ for a new pan. The corporate office of Jiffy Lube refused to do anything even though local store managers no exactly what happened. Stay away from this store and Jiffy Lube!!!

Original review: March 27, 2019

Stop by and requested a transmission service, transfer gear box along with oil change. The attendant informed that I need to buy all the required fluid from BMW dealer and come back. I spent over $142.00 on fluid and came back the next morning. The next morning, the so called MANAGER stated that they do not perform any of these services. I pointed out that, at the store they have big flyers state and advertises transmission, gearbox and oil services.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Had an oil change at Jiffy Lube and the oil was clean after. So they decided to do that. I then checked my oil filter and they just wiped the old one down to make it look like it was replaced, but it was the same one that I went in there with. They never use that brand so I went from 99-100% sure that it was never replaced. I told the manager and to only his credit. He came back and told me his worker admitted he never changed it. I guess the extra couple of minutes to change the oil filter were too much for him. Unbelievable. Anyway, never again.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I took my car here for a routine oil change 3/08/2019. On Sunday 3/16/2019 I was on the highway and the hood flew open. Thankfully nothing happened to me or my daughter. I reported this to Jiffy Lube. ** the manager came out to inspect my vehicle. All he did was lift the hood, saw some rust and that the hood wasn’t lining up and said it wasn’t their fault! How can the hood line up when it was just flown open almost off the hinges? He then says it took my tech 3 tries to make sure the hood was secure because it kept popping up. I was not told this!

It’s their responsibility to inform customers of these things so this wouldn’t happen if I knew. I have 2800 bucks of damages and they don’t want to pay but will help me with my deductible if I file with my insurance which I’M NOT! This is your fault! Fix my car! Do not go here. They don’t care about their client’s safety. Do Not Trust JL on 3630 N. Elston Ave Chicago, IL 60618.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I recommended my friend go to Jiffy Lube in Norman OK to change the oil in her older Ford Explorer because of their advertised prices. When she went in she requested the cheap oil change $23.** and their response was "No problem". After performing the service and attempting to sell her a brake job and various other "services" they told her she owed $56.**... my friend is young and inexperienced in the way mechanics treat women so she paid and left.

When she told me what happened and how much they charged her I called and spoke with the manager, he defended his serviceman's actions and said she hadn't brought the requisite $30 off coupon to get that price. I protested their actions loudly and promised a scathing review but was answered with "It is what it is"... Lord have mercy... For some reason twenty minutes later the manager called me back and apologized asking if my friend could come back and get a refund. This was the right thing to do, however, how many people don't complain? How many people just roll over and say "It is what it is"? Shame on you Jiffy Lube!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I drive over an hour to come get the service in Chesterton Indiana! Jerry has knowledge and customer service and has what it takes to make return customers!! Thank you Jerry, Bri, Niki!! You all rock!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I went into Jiffy Lube to get an oil change and tire rotation. The guy stripped my bolt then began yelling and saying awful things when I returned to report the damages. I went to tires plus to find out how much to replace the lug nut and oh my God! $125.00, I will never visit another jiffy lube as long as I live. That was the worst experience I have ever had to deal with from a car repair place.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I took my car to change the oil on the morning of March 11, 2019, at Jiffy Lube, 15121 Frederick Rd, Rockville-MD. After five minutes of analysis, the employee came to tell me that it was necessary to change the oil tank that was leaking. And that additional cost would be $100 for this service. There was no apparent leakage in the car, which was in the body shop recently. I did not accept the service. Half an hour after, I discovered the Jiffy Lube employee had lied. The oil exchange was done at a Shell near my house by an honest person who assured me that there was no hole in the oil tank. How long will these places treat women as ignorant misleading us that way? What a shame!

Original review: March 2, 2019

On 2-26-19 I had my oil change done at Jiffy Lube. I am a long time customer. Two days later my skid pan came off when I was driving. The technicians had failed to secure it. When I spoke to the area Manager, two different times, these are the memorable quotes. "When I fly on a plane I hope that the pilot can land the plane, that doesn't always happen." The second quote was "If someone wants to sabotage their own skid pan to get a free oil change then so be it." These are the kind of unprofessional and immature young men that represent this company. I should note that they eventually fixed the problem with a zip tie and some of the screws. Stay away at all cost. They are dangerous.

Original review: March 1, 2019

Went to get a brake job that Stefen had offered during a previous oil change. After informing me that the rotors would need to be replaced, IN TIME, he went ahead and replaced the pads as agreed. After one and a half months, I brought the car back for the store to fix the constant brake squealing that began after they replaced the pads. After again, informing me that the rotors would need to be replaced, IN TIME, Stefen informed me the brakes were fixed and that if the squealing persisted it should go away in a few weeks. After giving the benefit of the doubt, and allowing for a NUMBER of weeks for the squealing to go away, I ultimately went to AAMCO to have the brakes worked on properly. Granted, AAMCO resurfaced the rotors as well, but Jiffy Lube never informed me the rotors were of such immediate importance.

After contacting Jiffy Lube for reimbursement, and speaking with Stefen's manager Mike, they informed me that they would not reimburse my expense as I WAITED TOO LONG to address the matter. Waited too long? I first addressed it after only one and a half months or 45 days, well within normal warranties! Mike further stated that he had worked with Stefen for a number of years and that Stefen had no reason to lie that he had informed me of the importance of replacing the rotors immediately and that declining the replacement was against his advice. No reason to lie? How about covering his own **!

Essentially, this implied that I was the one that was lying! So much for customer service! This advice not only was not given to me at the time the job was done, neither the first nor second time, it was purely given to Mike in hindsight for purposes of CYA. Oh well, I can't force them to do something they don't want to do. But, I can advise to SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY if you are thinking of having your brakes done here. My wife ran into a similar brake issue with this store about 6 months ago that also went unfixed after an additional visit for them to remedy the mistake. Lo-and-behold, this also had no bearing with Mike. GO ELSEWHERE. You will likely be going elsewhere later anyhow. Save yourself the time and money!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Very dishonest personnel at the 7406 W Central Ave, Wichita, KS. Went in for an oil change with Jiffy Lube coupons for two cars. Called first asking if it would be honored for both car, providing year and make and whether coupons would be honored and was that the total cost per coupon. They assured me that the coupons would be honored for my two cars. Again, before taking the cars in, I was assured by the attendant that the coupons represented the cost.

After waiting over an hour and a half, the attendant comes out advising that the coupons would not be honored and the cost of the oil change would be at least double the coupon price since both cars held more than 5 quarts. I decided I was not going to be ripped off by their facility and left without any service. If they were honest up front, I would probably have had both cars serviced as I needed brakes as well. But since they lied by omission and attempted to defraud me, I would not ever go to any Jiffy Lube. While waiting in the waiting room, other customers were complaining that they were told that they needed additional services that they knew were not correct. STAY AWAY ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A WOMAN.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I went to Jiffy Lube today 2/11/2019 for an oil change because they list various other services included with this. The first on the list is they check transmission fluid. When they were finished and were reviewing what they did I asked if my transmission fluid was low. The man said he didn't know as they couldn't check it. When I asked why as it was included on their list he stated they can only check dip stick transmissions and my jeep has a cap and they don't have the equipment. Really? Maybe that should be posted that cannot check any Jeep tranny fluid. After I paid $50.96 cents for an oil change I now have to go to the mechanic to have tranny fluid checked and pay for that. Had I known this in advance I would have just had the mechanic change oil when checking tranny fluid and only had to pay once! Very Unhappy!!!

Jiffy Lube expert review by Lauren Fix

Jiffy Lube was founded in 1979 when it introduced the first drive-through service bay, making it easier for customers to get their oil changed quickly. Now, there are more than 2,000 franchise locations across the United States.

• Jiffy Lube Dashboard: Jiffy Lube customers can create a Jiffy Lube Dashboard account on the company’s website. They can keep track of all services performed at Jiffy Lube as well as receive maintenance reminders, promotions and coupons.

• Franchise locations: All Jiffy Lubes are now independently owned and operated franchises. Consumers support local business owners when they visit a Jiffy Lube. Different locations might have special offers and discounts.

• Recommendations tool: Consumers can view the manufacturer recommended service schedule for their make and model of vehicle by visiting the Jiffy Lube website. They can then see if there are any coupons for recommended services available at their Jiffy Lube location.

• Resource Center: The Resource Center section of the company’s website offers informational articles about maintaining a vehicle. It also has tips for driving safely and making an automobile more fuel efficient.

• Nationwide warranties: Certain products and services come with a warranty. These warranties are honored at locations across the country, so consumers will be covered even when traveling.

• Best for: Jiffy Lube caters to those who want their vehicles serviced quickly.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Jiffy Lube Company Information