1.34/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 22, 2018

869 Jiffy Lube Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 22, 2018

Took our car to Jiffy Lube in November for an oil change. First they tried overcharging by $50. However, after working out this dispute our motor blew 80 miles later. Barely got it home. We put a complaint into Jiffy Lube immediately and after 5 months of waiting for an insurance claims expert to help resolve this issue, they decided to have it finally towed to a garage. However, it does not end there. We have had this looked at and explained that Jiffy Lube never completed all the work, as per their receipt and this is why the car probably blew an engine. But, they had their own inspector look at it and say it wasn't their fault. Bottom line, I would not trust either Jiffy Lube or their corporate executives.

Since this car now sat all winter, because of their laziness to have it checked out, there is probably further damage due to the freeze (we live in northern Vermont). We know they'll just say that THEIR DELAY of 5 MONTHS is not the issues. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS ESTABLISHMENT, NOR WILL I EVER GO BACK!!!

Original review: April 21, 2018

Jiffy Lube Hudson NY... Went in for a NYS inspection and oil change. They said we needed to change coolant and injector fluids. They did not tell us the cost and we unfortunately never guessed that the bill would be ridiculously high. The job took about 20 minutes and we ended up with a bill of $297.44! We were shocked! The mechanic was unmoved and had no response. We believe that we were ripped off! If the cost were stated beforehand, we NEVER would have consented. Do we have any recourse?

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I should have went with my gut instinct and scheduled oil change at my Honda dealer. My car was in and out in under 15 minutes at Jiffy Lube. It cost twenty dollars higher than my dealership but I needed it done prior to our road trip to Florida a couple of days later. Once I hit the highway going over 70 I noticed a strange noise coming from under my car. I stopped. Didn't find anything unusual. Noise continued periodically and little black chunks kicked out from under car or car in front of me? Had no clue.

Get out looked again, it's obviously the motor cover hanging and dragging. Coincidence? I don't think so. I took car back to Jiffy Lube after we got back from vacation. He removed what was left of engine cover and denied any wrongdoing. He said the "clips" could have shifted. Funny because I know they're attached with screws. He said the engine covers are expensive and unnecessary. Said if I bought a new one they'd put it on for free! No thanks!!!

Original review: April 8, 2018

Took my car into Jiffy Lube for crankshaft sensors on 04/05/2018 and the wait was over 4 hours. The technician didn’t know what she was doing. I inquired about what is taking so long and was told, "Everything is fine. It’s just taking a little time, we want you to be satisfied." When they gave me my car back it drove really bad. I barely left their property and it jerked and shook seriously. I called back immediately and was told to bring it back in. On 04/08/2018 I brought it in and waited another 4 hours. This time the tech was working under the hood. The other one worked under the car. Almost forgot on the way there something fell out from under my car.

They still could not fix my car. Me and one of the techs had a heated discussion about me getting my money back. He started telling me about a lot of things was wrong with my car, which wasn’t true. He told me it was my transmission, starter and that I needed a tuneup. I asked him to put required work needed on a Jiffy Lube paper, he said he couldn’t do it. I asked, "Why not, you just diagnosed problems with my car." I called the police because I wanted all the money I spent on a job they’re not qualified to do. He only wanted to give me some back. Now my car won’t start unless I turn the ignition and press the gas at the same time. They damaged my car. Will be calling corporate in the morning.

Original review: April 6, 2018

They don't care about your car, only getting a paycheck. They put the wrong oil in my car (I use synthetic) and then broke the cover to my air filter, neither times did they tell me about it. I will never go back.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

Resolution response: April 14, 2018

I would like to update my review.
As of today's date (4/14/2018), I am completely satisfied with the response I received from the Jiffy Lube owner in Hayden, Idaho. Once the owner became aware of my dissatisfaction, he contacted me by email, and backed it up with a personal phone call. He was very apologetic and was also very sincere about making things right. He offered to pay for the repair of the air filter housing, to refund all or part of the cost of the oil change, and to even give me a coupon for a free future oil change. This, in my opinion, was far more than anyone would ever expect!
After some research, I learned that the amount I was charged for the oil change was typical for the North Idaho area (I'm from Oregon where we're spoiled by much lower oil change costs). I checked into the repair costs of the broken housing (it was only a clip on the casing that was broken), and found out that fixing the broken part would cost nearly $200 at the Toyota dealership. It was then that I realized that the dealership should be the one I was writing the negative review for! What they were charging was insane and I refused their services.

I wrote back to the Jiffy Lube owner and said there would be no need to accept any of his generous offers. My daughter said she is fine with leaving the air filter housing as it is since it does not appear that the broken clip will cause any problems with the function of the air filter itself. The owner of the Jiffy Lube spoke to his employees and I think all has been settled nicely now. This is one business owner that was willing to bend over backwards to make his customers happy. I now thank him and hope others on this site will have a happy ending like me! :o)

Original review: April 6, 2018

This was my first time to Jiffy Lube in Hayden, Idaho (4/02/2018 @10:13 am). Someone greeted me outside and took the car into the bay. I went into the empty waiting area. No one was at the desk. I waited alone at the desk for 5 minutes. Finally, a serviceman came in with the oil cap, and two dusty filters and laid them on the counter then tells me the car must have synthetic oil put in it. It was my daughter's car, and she had specifically told me to put in "regular" oil. I explained this to him. He argued. I texted my daughter and told her what he told me. She said to tell them to put in regular oil. I turned the phone around so he could see the screen. He took the phone from my hand and started to text her back, but couldn't spell "manufacturer" so gave up and gave me back my phone. Then said he would have to make a note on the invoice. I didn't even have a chance to find out how much they charged before they started.

For the oil change ONLY, it came to $51.77! Thank God I had coupon, but I still paid $44.11! It was too late to change my mind. I didn't notice the last line on the note they wrote on the invoice until I got home. It said "Air firlter housing broken on arrrival" (misspellings are his). What?? They never said a word about a broken air filter housing! I immediately texted my daughter and asked if her air filter housing was broken before I brought the car in? She said, 'No it was not broken and that they probably did it because they were mad'. Very poor service. Very poor communication. Possibly dishonest workers. Way over-priced. Never going there or to ANY Jiffy Lube ever again.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I had my oil changed and they must have let a bolt or seal lose and now I am trying to buy an engine. I had contacted Jiffy about this issue and they turned the issue backed to me. I made the mistake of letting someone take the oil pan off before speaking with Jiffy, BIG MISTAKE! Regardless, they did not tighten the oil pan correctly and the oil leaked out and it caused my engine to blow!!!

Original review: March 19, 2018

Repairs on my 2007 Nissan Sentra. I was charged $150 dollars to replaced the motor mount, but to my disappointment they replaced motor mount and car drove rough and bounce like a ball, I went to a real mechanic and got issue fixed. If I have the choice of a worst rating (like zero stars) I would do it.

Original review: March 13, 2018

RIPOFF! (store # 2530) 11965 SE 82nd Ave Happy Valley, OR 97086. I am a senior 84 years old, I have had oil changes at this particular address for several years (price then was $15.95 for regular change of oil). Fairly recently I was in for an oil change, and was informed the PRICE was now $25.00, after examining the mileage I was informed I did not need an oil change, and was told to come back in when the mileage was met. I thought was very good of the serviceman to inform me. That was 2 months ago January-2018. Today March 12th/2018 I brought my vehicle in for an oil change, and was informed that the price would be $45.00. This I accepted simply because I was there!

I also informed the serviceman that I would like coolant added to my working air conditioner, the serviceman noted this, and informed me that the price for that was $80.00, again I accepted, and at the same time I felt I was being RIPPED OFF! At this time they had not touched my vehicle after being in the bay for 45 minutes! Again the serviceman appeared at my vehicle window, and informed me that the COOLANT charge was now $100.00, with a bunch of MUMBO JUMBO! At this time was becoming quite agitated, but again TIRED, and not feeling well. I again accepted the price just to get it over with! Again after another 30 minute wait, and still NOTHING DONE for my vehicle!

The serviceman reappeared at my window, and INFORMED ME THE PRICE WAS NOW $200.00, this was the straw that broke this almost a sucker's back! This IS A USED CAR LOT WAY OF DOING Business. I refused the serviceman's price of $200.00, and then was asked how much was I willing to pay for the coolant, still not one thing had been done to my vehicle. This was when I informed the serviceman that I would take my business elsewhere! I was then directed out of the bay with not too happy looks, they had just lost a potential sucker! I INTEND TO INFORM, AND POST ONLINE. DO NOT FRATERNIZE THIS RIPOFF JIFFY LUBE AT (store # 2530) 11965 SE 82nd Ave Happy Valley, OR 97086. Talk about greed. This business coined the WORD!

Original review: March 9, 2018

I came in to have my oil changed on my vehicle. The oil change was taking longer than usual. After I received my vehicle I looked it over quickly and got in to leave. When I got home I checked the vehicle over once again and found that my front skid plate was missing hardware. I then called to confront the store and was asked to come back in. The manager resolved the issue but it caused a complete inconvenience to me by wasting my time and making me come twice to the store. The manager was not willing to compensate me for my time and inconvenience and still asked me to pay for the service that they failed to execute properly.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Went in with a coupon for emissions. Tried to sell me on topping off my coolant for 9 bucks, seeing me two air filters, cabin and engine. Charged me ten dollars for on the spot renewal without asking if I would like them to. Miserable to do business with, in it for their money and nothing about your convenience. Charged $48.00 for emissions only, I don't know the going rate but that seemed very high to plug my 2016 Sonata in for five minutes.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Overdue for an oil change, and not having the time to wait at the dealer or even a place like Firestone. I went to the Fairhaven, MA location, 2/22/18, on my way home from work, as the location is right around the corner. When I arrived an employee came out and said, "Get out and leave it running." I said, "Excuse me," she replied, "I will bring it in," my response was, "No you can direct me in." The "manager" said it's company "policy" "we drive in you drive it out". So I agreed. He drove it in.

I went through the waiting area and opened the door to the shop, and said, "I would like to sit in my car." "Manager" response was, "That is what the waiting room is for." I said, "Excuse me... I frankly don't trust "you" not saying "you" will steal anything, but I want to keep an eye in what is going on, and don't want to checking things that I did not ask to be looked at." "Manager" response was, "It's company policy that you remain in waiting area, we will come tell you what you need and we will check what we want." He then proceeded to say..., "Because you said that you don't trust us, I refuse to service your car. Leave!"

I said, "Are you serious, because I am more comfortable sitting in my car in an "Instant Oil Change" business than a "waiting room" like a dealership/"Firestone" and that I don't trust you are not going to recommend services that don't actually need to be done or were not asked for. Since when has it been the policy that I can't sit in my car," he and three others said, "Like 3 years!" My reply was, "It must have just changed since the last time I was in," because that was about 3 years ago and I was allowed to sit in my car. Needless to say I did as they said and left!

Now I will further this as it relates to another Jiffy Lube location going back about 12 years ago. Went in for an oil change, topside tech did his checks... not completely paying attention but close enough, I say him pop the air filter box and open the cabin air filter panel then presented me with both of them. They were black and disgustingly dirty. He recommended that I replace them! I replied, "There is NO way those are from my car." He said, "I assure you they are." "Nope. Sorry those are not mine. I have K&N air filters and I actually just cleaned them that past weekend. I can show you what mine look like if you like," and started to get out. He responded with, "Ok we won't change the air filters then."

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

What a rip off the Elk River MN store was. Was up charged 20 bucks because my vehicle was 4 wheel drive. Never heard of such crap. Oil change has nothing to do with 4 wheel drive. Will never use Jiffy Lube again even if the oil change is free. I'm taking all my business back to Valvoline. Very shady when I question why it was so much was told because it was 4 wheel drive.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I was in the Cincinnati area visiting my mother on February 2, having driven from Mount Gilead, north of Columbus. My 1995 Mercedes S320 was overdue for an oil change, so I took the vehicle to Jiffy Lube on Cooper Road in Blue Ash, Ohio. The entire Jiffy Lube staff provided excellence in service throughout the visit. They changed the oil and also added antifreeze, which was a good bit low. In addition they replaced a burned out headlight.

Next, they brought me the old air filter and it clearly needed replaced, being full of dirt and feathers. The air filter was ordered so that it would arrive the next morning. I came back around noon and learned that because the vehicle is somewhat of an older model, the parts depot didn't have one in stock. So the office manager by the name of Earl arranged for the part to be available for installation closer to my home in Mount Gilead. He was very professional and courteous, even making the effort to follow-up later with a phone call to make certain that I would be able to get the air filter installed at the Jiffy Lube store nearest to my location.

Earl also explained each charge on the bill and applied a discount where appropriate. It is refreshing to have had such a positive experience, and be sent away with a better running vehicle as the result of exemplary service during the entire visit. There should be more professionals like Earl, who exhibits integrity, consideration, and care for customer satisfaction. As a result, I would recommend Jiffy Lube to anyone I meet.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

This is the letter I wrote to Jiffy Lube after they Ripped Me Off!! I went to Jiffy Lube in Myrtle Beach today for an oil change. # 3340. The man knew I was disabled because I told him I didn't want to bend over to look under the car because I was disabled. When he was listing things I needed, the price on his computer was 299 something. When I went up to pay the price was 726.76!!! That is Outrageous. I am Disabled. I only get paid once a month and now I have Zero Money Now!! They should show AND tell you what the price is every single time they add something on!!!~ If he had Ever Told me the price was over 700.00 I would have said "No, Thank you" and brought my car to my mechanic!!!

This entire situation is WRONG. I was ripped off and I had No Clue until I had to pay the bill. What if I didn't have 700.00??? I am going to go file a claim against you in small claims court on Tuesday. Do I file a claim against Jiffy Lube in General or that specific store? I am angry and appalled that I was taken advantage of. What was done to me is Not Right. I am going to copy and paste this on Yelp and any other place I can find to let others know how I was Ripped Off Completely.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Went here to buy a battery and the salesman upsaled me a 5 year warranty I didn't want but he promised it was a good value so I got it. I come back 3 years later and of course they can't honor the warranty. They told me they don't do 5 year warranties anymore. Thats it's only 3 years now but how is that my problem? If I purchased a 5 year warranty that's what I should get. I told the manager I wouldn't be going back there and all he said was "ok". He did not care one bit. Very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Stay away from Jiffy Lube Fuquay Varina. They took an hour when there was no other cars there, charged me for tire rotation, did not honor my coupon, I paid $108 for an oil change, had to leave after an hour to get to work. I watched the employees stand around while my car sat there. The person who refilled my windshield wiper fluid spilled it all over my engine, which was clean, and it is corrosive to at least rubber. I was so angry I tore up the receipt. It was 12/7/17 I arrived at 1 pm, left at 1.57 pm.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Took a 2015 Chevy Malibu to Jiffy Lube located on New Halls Ferry in Florissant, Missouri for oil change, tire rotation and emission. The tire rotation and oil change was completed first. The service guy proceeded to drive my vehicle outside as though it was completed. At that time my vehicle was struck by object in Jiffy Lube bay area. One of the service guy went to the driver and stated very frantically that he had scarred my vehicle on the passenger side lower bottom. So when the driver started to come back in to complete the emission he squirms around trying to avoid coming back in the way he went out so that I wouldn't see the damage that was done.

I immediately ask what happened and everyone just froze inside of the bay area. I suggested, "Well did he forget to put the emission sticker on?" I repeatedly asked that and one of the service guy repeatedly stated that no it wasn't that. I been going to this location since 2002 getting service on another Chevy Malibu and never had any problem so it didn't prompt me to think that anything was wrong like this to my vehicle. I immediately call and spoke to Mike that didn't seem to be concerned. He didn't even ask my name or what type of vehicle. He just told me to call back on Friday to speak to the general manager Tim. I called back this past Friday. Was told that Tim, the general manager, would not be in and the guy was very rude. He repeatedly stated, "What's the problem? What's the problem?" So, I just hung up. Sorry, for the inconvenience that this might cause you.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Jiffy Lube (Lawrenceville and Grayson, GA.) has issues with causing oil leaks after they do an oil change. I own a 2017 Hyundai and have had my oil changed on three occasions where it resulted in an oil leak in my garage. Twice it was a result of the oil plug being replaced incorrectly and most recently with a "faulty oil filter". In addition, when my car was brand new, they got oil on the visor and cloth ceiling. They fix it every time but it causes unnecessary/time consuming revisits and oil on my garage floor. I will no longer be a customer of Jiffy Lube. Strike 3, you are out! I will go to the Dealer!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I went to Jiffy Lube on Hendersonville Rd in Asheville, NC. Although the people were nice I left with an oil leak and faulty breaks that I didn't have before and their explanation is maybe it's my gaskets and cv boots... Five days ago, I replaced my spark plugs and O2 sensor at Organic Mechanic and my car was in great condition and had no oil leak. Now I can't go home for thanksgiving.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Spent over 4 hours waiting for our car to be fixed. First they started work without clearing the job with me, then they didn't have the correct tools. All the employees did was stand around and smoke or make out with their girlfriends. Horrible horrible service.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

3 different chances and bottom out on all 3. 1st my Explorer had no problems. Just needed oil change and inspection. No problem right? Well no. They said they couldn't inspect because it was gushing oil when I drove up (wish I would've asked to see the oil on the ground). Anyway taking it to mechanic the oil filter was stripped. Meanwhile my driveway is clean. Forgive??? Took our car in August 2017 for oil change. Drove from Arlington TX to Pennsylvania. Had oil checked in Pennsylvania at Jiffy Lube and was told it was a quart over which could cause problems.

September 2017 had oil changed on car. Woke up this morning to oil stains all over our brand new parking slab. Took it up to Jiffy Lube and apparently there's a plastic piece that we need to make sure they clean up on our car??? Ok that is beyond ridiculous!! When asked if they were going to clean our parking space?? The question was met with laughter and my thought was being called a SUCKER. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

It seems this company is more interested in gouging you out of your money than providing honest service. Jiffy Lube was not always like that. When they first started out or when I first started going there, there was nobody trying to hard-sell you on additional services you didn't need. You got your oil change for the $39.99 they advertised then you left. Now the basic oil change costs $69.99 and not only that, you never know what type of oil you are getting. The other day I went to a Jiffy Lube for a basic oil change and when I left I was not really impressed by how my car was behaving. Usually I can tell if my car is running better or not, but when I left that Jiffy Lube I could not tell the difference.

As soon as you get into a Jiffy Lube these days, the clerks there rush you into some waiting room without getting much info on what you really need. Out of sight, they are able to do what they want with your car. When I looked at the receipt, Jiffy Lube had poured some "out-of-season" winter oil in my car in the middle of the summer! I drove the car like that for about 2 weeks until I finally stopped at a gas station, bought me a pint of oil and poured it into the car. The difference was like night and day. Now my car drove quietly like it was supposed to. I doubt if I'll ever visit this Jiffy Lube again. For $69 they can do better than that!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I needed an oil change before heading to Baltimore Md, car way overdue and on a time crunch. I know Jiffy Lube is quick so I wanted to go to the location in Hagerstown Md off Halfway Blvd b/c it's on the way. The rep told me my oil change was going to be $79 b/c I needed special oil, I have a 2012 Nissan Altima, not a $300,000 sports car. I told him that the DEALERSHIP was less. I left went to Sharrett Service Center in Hagerstown MD. Was only charged $37. They even worked with me to not take as long knowing my short availability. The rep at Jiffy Lies lied about needing a special oil. I've never and will never pay that much for oil change nor give them my business.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

They locked my keys inside the car and the manager had an attitude of I don't care. I rank this store the worst of the worst. I am recommending all my friends who used to do oil change at this store to stop as soon as possible. I will make that campaign to all the people I know. Good with that manager his name is Kevin.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Jiffy Lube is very unreliable. You will pay for one type of oil. They will charge you for what you want and put the cheapest oil in your vehicle, I know for a fact they have been putting gasoline engine oil (conventional oil). I had to send my BAD oil to a specialist oil lab and the corporate office Ryan does not want to take responsibility for the negligence of his employees and compensate me. So now I'm going to FIGHT tooth and nail to get this matter handled. Keep your cars out of jiffy lube because they are so unreliable it's disgusting and disturbing. So court it is.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

They did an oil change on Saturday, ran fine, went back home. Car was parked all day yesterday, drove it to work today then when I went to lunch the oil light came on and the car shut down completely & started making a clinking noise. I had to leave my car stranded because I was afraid to mess it up. My husband checked it... THE WHOLE FILTER WAS GONE AND THE OIL WAS DRAINED. NOTHING LEFT IN CAR. The oil was all spilled over the inside of the hood. We even took a picture... It's making a lawn mower sound when you gas it, I called Jiffy Lube and they said for me to take car back and put some oil in it and the noise would go away, we had to buy our own filter and 4 quarts of oil at O'Reilly's to put in ourselves just to drive it back to Jiffy Lube??? The guys there said it should be fine now and we asked to speak to a manager. I think my motor is shot.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I had a oil change at Jiffy Lube on June 24, 2017. Two days later I saw something wet on the street. I wasn't quite sure what it was. I spoke with the man at Jiffy Lube that did my oil change. He said that he didn't tighten the plug. My husband check out the oil but it was low and it shouldn't been. By the fourth day there was no oil. Another employee from Jiffy Lube went where my 1999 Infinity Qx4 had broke down and put a plug on and left four quarts oil, for us to put in the SUV. Instructed us to drive it to Jiffy Lube on Trolley Rd in Charleston, SC. Oil was all over the engine so we couldn't drive it. All I want is my engine replace. Respectfully requests.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I have gone to Jiffy Lube (Riverdale Utah 84405) to get my safety and emissions done now 4 different years, failed only safety every time!! First time was one of my tires supposedly had an issue. I went to Big O tires in Roy Utah. They assured me all my tires were fine. Second time my gas cap was bad so I went and bought a new one and threw the old one in the trunk, good thing I did I had it tested by another safety licensed shop. IT WAS FINE!!! The third time my passenger side wiper had a centimeter tear on the end. Of course they offered to fix it. The last time in they failed me saying my brake pads on the rear are too worn down, so I had them replaced, not at Jiffy Lube! The shop said they were only half way worn!!! The other thing is the guy before me also failed because his engine mount was worn???

When I confronted the employee about my brakes he said nothing other than he goes by the book, if so why were my brakes bad and I also asked him how many cars he failed that day. He said 2 of 14. So it was the guy before me and me that supposedly failed, and it was 5:30 pm. Ya right!! I wish someone would take these guys to court and have their records checked to see how many they fail in a day. I'm sure this is one of their tactics to sucker people into fixing things that do not need fixed. Very unprofessional. I hope people will see this and start to question them next time they say something needs fixed!!

Original review: June 16, 2017

I went to Jiffy Lube located on Coors Road SW Albuquerque NM. I told them my brakes were squeaking. If they could check them. A man came back promptly and said that I needed new brake pads. I said ok and trusted them. It would take 3 hours, so I walked across the street with my kids to eat. When they were done it was also closing time. I drove off and soon after come to find my brakes were still squeaking. I thought maybe because of the new brakes. But the noise did not stop. I call Jiffy Lube and say I'm taking back my car because the squeaking is still there. When I drive up this supervisor comes out, I tell him I called and why I'm there. He immediately says "Oh, I remember this car. Your brakes were squeaking because of too much grease." I said "Well that's new. No one told me that when I came. If that was the problem then what did I pay $200 for?" I asked.

This other guy pulls my car intakes off my front brakes, he walks up to me and say "Your problem is hairline fractures in the front brakes, but it's perfectly safe," he said. So I ask him "Are those my original brakes I came in with," he said "Yes". That they don't carry those brake pads, theirs are ceramic. I asked, "So my front brakes were not fixed." He said "NO". I go back inside and pull out my receipt I signed for, and asked the supervisor why were my front brakes not done when my receipt says front brake repair $200. He laughed and said "Awww we made a mistake. Your back brakes needed repair." So I say, "Oh ok, so you guys just get to fix whatever you think is needed." I paid for my front. Not to mention I didn't even need front brakes either. He tried to say I went into the area where they fix the cars, which I never did. I said "Pull out your recordings. I never went in there, you guys never came to show me nothing, I took your word for it."

He then said "Oh, you walked around our parking lot." I said "Ok, and what, am I suppose to know what you know." I then told him, "First you said it was because of too much grease on my front brakes when I pulled up with my complaint, then this other guy that obviously wouldn't lie for you comes to me and showed me it was hairline fractures in my front brakes. I then told him 'You never really checked my brakes did you?' Because you just lied about the problem when I first pulled up. I said 'You didn't even check the brakes did you???'" The store Manager calls me 4 days later and admits they did not look at my brakes properly and apologies, that they just looked at them while still on and assumed. But it still don't count for me paying for front brakes and I still have my original brake pads. The store Manager tells me they made a mistake and if I take my car back in they will do my front brakes.

For one, I feel cheated, taken advantage of because I'm a woman. Two, if the squeaking was coming from the front brakes because of hairline fractures but my brakes are good, they should have told me the truth. I don't have $200 Just to spend. If the noise and the brakes were bad, well ya, but they should have given me that option if I wanted them changes. Three, my signed receipt says I paid for front brakes, it's not my fault if they made a mistake and did the wrong ones. Four, How can any company just say "Sorry, we made a mistake but you did need back brakes." These people just can't fix something and say "Sorry you needed it and you got to pay now." Because that was what the store Manager said to me. Was "Sorry, but your back brakes were at 10%." But the supervisor admitted they were at 50%.

All they have done is lie, a lie after a lie trying to justify what they did. But their lies disprove one other. When I noticed my brakes were still squeaking I went there prepared and video recorded all their lies. The store Manager said the only thing I can do is to take my car back and they will do my front brakes. But I got to pay for the brake pads. I said "I ain't dishing out more money, and won't go back." He said that's all he can do. Meanwhile I paid for front brakes they didn't fix, I'm still having to use my car, the other guy said my brakes are safe. They won't return my money so I can go get them fixed if I choose to.

I AM NOT GOING TO LET THIS GO. IF ANYONE READS THIS AND HAS ANY THOUGHTS ON WHAT I SHOULD DO. CONTACT ME AT **. I have four small kids. I can't just keep it my car parked because they won't reimburse me. All I can do is hope my brakes are safe as the tech claimed. Maybe they ain't all liars. Maybe go and protest is a thought of mine, with my videos to all their customers. A friend said that Jiffy Lube was investigated by Barker And was on the news. They sent in a woman with a camera, and they did the same thing. They told her things were wrong and needed fixing when it didn't. And also just found out, they get a commission when they do extra repairs or sell extra parts. I didn't know that. I will not give up and will file a small claims judgment on them. Will continue to post my story.

Jiffy Lube expert review by Lauren Fix

Jiffy Lube was founded in 1979 when it introduced the first drive-through service bay, making it easier for customers to get their oil changed quickly. Now, there are more than 2,000 franchise locations across the United States.

• Jiffy Lube Dashboard: Jiffy Lube customers can create a Jiffy Lube Dashboard account on the company’s website. They can keep track of all services performed at Jiffy Lube as well as receive maintenance reminders, promotions and coupons.

• Franchise locations: All Jiffy Lubes are now independently owned and operated franchises. Consumers support local business owners when they visit a Jiffy Lube. Different locations might have special offers and discounts.

• Recommendations tool: Consumers can view the manufacturer recommended service schedule for their make and model of vehicle by visiting the Jiffy Lube website. They can then see if there are any coupons for recommended services available at their Jiffy Lube location.

• Resource Center: The Resource Center section of the company’s website offers informational articles about maintaining a vehicle. It also has tips for driving safely and making an automobile more fuel efficient.

• Nationwide warranties: Certain products and services come with a warranty. These warranties are honored at locations across the country, so consumers will be covered even when traveling.

• Best for: Jiffy Lube caters to those who want their vehicles serviced quickly.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Jiffy Lube Company Information