1.26/5
Based on 39 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

882 Jiffy Lube Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I was on Marbach Rd. on 8/13/2018 and decided that I had to get my truck inspected so I pulled into the Jiffy Lube on Marbach Rd. I was asked what I needed and told them I needed an inspection. The guy whoever he was said to wait in the waiting room and walked me there. The waiting room was filthy and the bathroom was disgusting! Well, I failed the inspection because I had smoke tint headlights. The inspector could not show me the regulation but could not. The next day I went back in the morning and asked to speak with the manager.

A man came out NAME = Ernest was all he would give me. and I introduced myself and proceeded to tell him that I had data that disputed failing due to tinted headlights. He said that he was not going to stand there for an education and told me if I had any questions to call DOT. I asked what the DOT's contact name was and he said Bill! NO LAST NAME or Phone #. He is very lucky that he was not my employee because I would have fired him on the spot! If this disrespectful individual is what represents Jiffy Lube, my business along with many others will be taking our business anywhere else but this dump! I am a retired San Antonio Water System Environmental Investigator / Army Sgt. I will pass the word wide and far to stay as far away as possible from these dumps! Oh ya, I will be taking my vehicle somewhere else to finish my inspection and you can keep the $7.00.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I went into a location in Ontario for an oil change and a tire rotation - the oil change was never done. I called the local manager and she couldn't help me. Please do not go to this Jiffy Lube location or any other. They rip people off.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018 This is the 2nd time I've had problems with Jiffy Lube! The first time I had them rotate the tires and they didn't tighten the lug nuts! I could have literally been killed!

The most recent complaint is with the oil leak I have because they didn't tighten the oil filter! I will never go to Jiffy Lube again!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

On April 27th, 2018, we brought our car into Jiffy Lube in Beaverton to have the brake pads checked. We were told the rear brake pads were in great condition, but the front brake pads needed to be replaced and the brake fluid in the front of the car flushed. We also had our oil changed and all other recommendations by the jiffy lube staff completed that day. Less than two months later our brakes were making noises again. We brought the car back in to the same Jiffy Lube on 7-20-18 and were told that the rear brake pads were in such poor condition they were basically metal on metal. Jiffy Lube staff were able to tell us this without even taking the wheels off of our vehicle and gave us a repair estimate of $500. We explained that the rear brake pads were fine in April and we were apologized to and given coupons for oil changes.

I called to speak to a manager that same day to discuss reimbursement for the damage to our brake pads and was yelled at by the manager. He then told me we “probably couldn’t afford to have all four brake pads done at the same time” and that’s why our rear brakes were now in such poor condition. He also said he didn’t work at that location at the time of our repairs so he didn’t know. He said he would have another manager call me. An hour later, Deandre called me, profusely apologized and promised that someone from corporate would call me within the hour. If I didn’t receive a phone call, he assured me I could call him back. I never received a phone call. When I called him back, I spoke to a staff member who told me Deandre was taking his second lunch of the day and would not be returning. I never received any return calls.

On 7/21/18 we took our car into Brake Lodge. After inspecting it, they found that our rotors were damaged and our calipers had frozen due to brake fluid not being flushed and brake pads not being replaced. The repairs cost $602. I called Jiffy Lube and spoke to Ted who told me I was not telling the truth about the services I received at Jiffy Lube on April 27th. After calling me a liar, Ted rudely told me to bring in my Brake Lodge invoice and nothing would probably come of it. He refused to give me the number of someone else I might speak to. We brought our paperwork into Jiffy Lube on July 27th and I received a phone call from the regional manager of Jiffy Lube.

Again, I had a conversation that can only be described as unprofessional and borderline rude. I was told that he tried to check camera footage of the day of April 27th but found nothing and there was nothing he could do. After a few minutes, he refused to speak to me or answer my questions. I was told his boss was out of town and would get back to me when he could. We eventually submitted a complaint with the BBB, but Jiffy has refused to make things right.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I accidentally drove too far into the docking bay and the first mechanic greets me with eyerolls and patronizes me about how obvious the signs were and how I should have known. He kept cringing and smirking with raised brows at his coworker in between addressing me as he directed me to another docking area. The manager then comes in to where the first mechanic, Ryan according to the receipt, directed me to sit, and also talks down to me about my mistake. I thought at first he was just joking with me until he also insisted that I must have seen the signs. I told him at that point that I did see that the signs said "Caution," but all welcome signs pointed into the bay areas and none directed traffic to stop short of them. He insisted I should have known better and I then told him I'm never returning to this Jiffy Lube. So rude and unprofessional. I just wanted an oil change!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

Original review: July 24, 2018

My experience with Jiffy Lube has left me feeling very sadden. I went to Jiffy Lube (1116 Independence Blvd Virginia Beach, VA 23455) for an oil change after a car inspection. ** an employee of Jiffy Lube tells me that my brakes were severely dangerous (metal to metal, no padding left, red zone) and he don’t know how the state inspector missed telling me that. Now the state inspector told me I needed tires and headlight restoration only brakes had passed no problem. A non-state inspector ** at Jiffy Lube tells me a certified state inspector did not do his job correctly and I needed brake immediately.

I have been a loyal customer of Jiffy Lube for decades so I trusted their employees to be honest people. So I scheduled an appt. for the brakes to be serviced, I get there and an older employee tells me that my brakes ARE NOT in the red zone but yellow zone and would pass inspection no problem. That’s why the certified inspector did not fail me for brakes. I will never again go to Jiffy Lube, its employees like ** who lie to loyal customers and try to steal your money for services that are not needed at the time. I do plan to tell everyone I know not to go to a car service facility (Jiffy Lube) where employees lie in order to make money. Without any regard for their loyal customers and being honest with them, they only care about the money and profit. In this day where competition for your business is high I will pay more for honesty than dealing with a liar when it comes to my car being serviced.

Day 2... So today the District Mgr ** calls me to insult me saying that he was not concerned about what I experienced. Because he perceived, he perceived. This district manager lacked customer service skills and is not qualified to resolve issues. That is a big problem when the whole management team lacks integrity, and the skills to resolve liars, and cheats in their organization. I would never go to Jiffy Lube for service. People go to car repair organizations that respect you as a person and can resolve issues without justifying their lying employees. I’m a senior citizens and I have had cars all my life. I have never experienced anything like this before, not even at a car dealership.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Went for oil change. They said antifreeze low but would fill for 12 dollars. I will do it myself at home (required less than one cup). Very slow. On the way home the engine made a noise so I took it to another auto shop who changed oil and said wrong oil used. Car quit running. Jiffy Lube was informed and said nothing was their fault. I sold the car to a junkyard. I would NOT use Jiffy Lube ever again. Do not go there!

Original review: July 19, 2018

Jiffy Lube Oil Change 1219 Concord Ave (925) 687-5332. Go to Jiffy Lube. Said I wanted the $44.95 oil change. Jiff said they could not do the $44.95 oil change on my car. I had buy the $64.95 oil change but the total would be $79.81 and said no and was going to take it to place down the road to get my oil change but Jiff had started the $79.81 oil change without my ok. And they put 5 qts of oil in my car instead of 6, did not top off anything and told the power steering fluid was low and did not top that off. The only way to stop them is to stop going. RIPOFF, FRAUD, SCAM.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I went to a local Jiffy because I needed a quick oil change AND I had a coupon. When I pulled up the first thing the girl told me is that I absolutely had to have a synthetic oil change for my 2018 Kia Sorento. Then she said that since my car had 9000 miles it was definitely time for a tire rotation and then lastly, came in with a dirty air filter from my 6 month old car to tell me I needed a new one of these as well. So $200 later... Yes. $200 for what was supposed to be just an oil change. Btw, I called my vehicle lease company and asked about the oil afterward and they said “no, you do not have to have synthetic oil in this vehicle“ so I was blatantly lied to. Gonna reach out to BBB next and then who knows.

Original review: June 16, 2018

We took our car a Nissan Maxima 2014 for a oil change, it was 5:00 pm. They took the car in, told me that I needed the air filter changed, the cabin a/c filter, windshield wipers, oil cleaner to clean out the black gunk in the oil, this is the only thing we wanted done (oil cleaner???). I told them I will do the other things myself. We went for a walk (about 15 minutes). And they called us back to come get the car that it was ready. And while we were walking back I noticed that one of the tech was still in my car doing something (unknown what he was doing). We drove the car home. About a week later it started smoking puffs of white smoke every now and then, we also noticed a loss of power also.

I took it back and complain about the smoke, and was told that it was a lot of black gunk in the oil, but they changed it, and it still is doing the same thing. Now we have to take it to a dealer to find out what is wrong. This car had nothing wrong with it until after we went to Jiffy Lube in Pembroke Pines, on Pines Boulevard. I did found a hose from my PCV valve (and I still have it) that looks to me to be cut. And no one has been under the hood but me, and Jiffy Lube before then. The car has only 56,000 miles on it, for it to be there the second time.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I took my car at the Irmo, SC branch in for a regular 29.00 oil change. No special oil PT Cruise, had it change before, at the same place, the history of my car was in the computer. Never pay over 30.00 for an oil change, my bill was over $50.00. I asked for a regular oil change, nothing else. Just beware. I will state the oil change I want, and ask the price prior.

Original review: June 5, 2018

RIPOFF CITY! FRAUD WARNING! Called ahead, asked the price of an oil change for my make and year: they said $35 and change. Took the car in; when I picked it up they demanded $105+. If you take your car to a Jiffy Lube after reading this, you’re a dumb ** who deserves to ripped off for every penny you have!

Original review: June 3, 2018

I went to the Jiffy Lube on Main Street in Hesperia. I pulled up. Said I needed an oil change, they told me to go have a seat in the office, didn't ask me what kind of oil change or what kind of oil. I sat there a good 20 mins. Before I asked a guy what are they doing with my car. He said something sarcastic, anyway the guy finally comes walking in and says, "You didn't have any oil in your car," I said, "You're kidding," then he brings in my dip stick and shows me, then he wants to sell me this engine saving stuff. Needless to say I was not going to pay him 80.00 for an oil change.

I can almost bet my life on they being the one who drained my oil just to make more money, because when I went out there they had everything tore out of my car, filters, a cover that had to be screwed back on, they got in my glove compartment and took my air cond. filter out. All I wanted was a 29.99 oil change and with an hr. wait I left with no oil in my car. I've since put in 3 qts. Checked for any leaks, or any burning of the oil, like a grayish smoke coming out of tailpipe and nothing. They had to have drained my oil so they could sell me that engine saving fluid, and upgrade the oil. The more I think about it the madder I get.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Took our car to Jiffy Lube in November for an oil change. First they tried overcharging by $50. However, after working out this dispute our motor blew 80 miles later. Barely got it home. We put a complaint into Jiffy Lube immediately and after 5 months of waiting for an insurance claims expert to help resolve this issue, they decided to have it finally towed to a garage. However, it does not end there. We have had this looked at and explained that Jiffy Lube never completed all the work, as per their receipt and this is why the car probably blew an engine. But, they had their own inspector look at it and say it wasn't their fault. Bottom line, I would not trust either Jiffy Lube or their corporate executives.

Since this car now sat all winter, because of their laziness to have it checked out, there is probably further damage due to the freeze (we live in northern Vermont). We know they'll just say that THEIR DELAY of 5 MONTHS is not the issues. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS ESTABLISHMENT, NOR WILL I EVER GO BACK!!!

Original review: April 21, 2018

Jiffy Lube Hudson NY... Went in for a NYS inspection and oil change. They said we needed to change coolant and injector fluids. They did not tell us the cost and we unfortunately never guessed that the bill would be ridiculously high. The job took about 20 minutes and we ended up with a bill of $297.44! We were shocked! The mechanic was unmoved and had no response. We believe that we were ripped off! If the cost were stated beforehand, we NEVER would have consented. Do we have any recourse?

Original review: April 12, 2018

I should have went with my gut instinct and scheduled oil change at my Honda dealer. My car was in and out in under 15 minutes at Jiffy Lube. It cost twenty dollars higher than my dealership but I needed it done prior to our road trip to Florida a couple of days later. Once I hit the highway going over 70 I noticed a strange noise coming from under my car. I stopped. Didn't find anything unusual. Noise continued periodically and little black chunks kicked out from under car or car in front of me? Had no clue.

Get out looked again, it's obviously the motor cover hanging and dragging. Coincidence? I don't think so. I took car back to Jiffy Lube after we got back from vacation. He removed what was left of engine cover and denied any wrongdoing. He said the "clips" could have shifted. Funny because I know they're attached with screws. He said the engine covers are expensive and unnecessary. Said if I bought a new one they'd put it on for free! No thanks!!!

Original review: April 8, 2018

Took my car into Jiffy Lube for crankshaft sensors on 04/05/2018 and the wait was over 4 hours. The technician didn’t know what she was doing. I inquired about what is taking so long and was told, "Everything is fine. It’s just taking a little time, we want you to be satisfied." When they gave me my car back it drove really bad. I barely left their property and it jerked and shook seriously. I called back immediately and was told to bring it back in. On 04/08/2018 I brought it in and waited another 4 hours. This time the tech was working under the hood. The other one worked under the car. Almost forgot on the way there something fell out from under my car.

They still could not fix my car. Me and one of the techs had a heated discussion about me getting my money back. He started telling me about a lot of things was wrong with my car, which wasn’t true. He told me it was my transmission, starter and that I needed a tuneup. I asked him to put required work needed on a Jiffy Lube paper, he said he couldn’t do it. I asked, "Why not, you just diagnosed problems with my car." I called the police because I wanted all the money I spent on a job they’re not qualified to do. He only wanted to give me some back. Now my car won’t start unless I turn the ignition and press the gas at the same time. They damaged my car. Will be calling corporate in the morning.

Original review: April 6, 2018

They don't care about your car, only getting a paycheck. They put the wrong oil in my car (I use synthetic) and then broke the cover to my air filter, neither times did they tell me about it. I will never go back.

Resolution response: April 14, 2018

I would like to update my review.
As of today's date (4/14/2018), I am completely satisfied with the response I received from the Jiffy Lube owner in Hayden, Idaho. Once the owner became aware of my dissatisfaction, he contacted me by email, and backed it up with a personal phone call. He was very apologetic and was also very sincere about making things right. He offered to pay for the repair of the air filter housing, to refund all or part of the cost of the oil change, and to even give me a coupon for a free future oil change. This, in my opinion, was far more than anyone would ever expect!
After some research, I learned that the amount I was charged for the oil change was typical for the North Idaho area (I'm from Oregon where we're spoiled by much lower oil change costs). I checked into the repair costs of the broken housing (it was only a clip on the casing that was broken), and found out that fixing the broken part would cost nearly $200 at the Toyota dealership. It was then that I realized that the dealership should be the one I was writing the negative review for! What they were charging was insane and I refused their services.

I wrote back to the Jiffy Lube owner and said there would be no need to accept any of his generous offers. My daughter said she is fine with leaving the air filter housing as it is since it does not appear that the broken clip will cause any problems with the function of the air filter itself. The owner of the Jiffy Lube spoke to his employees and I think all has been settled nicely now. This is one business owner that was willing to bend over backwards to make his customers happy. I now thank him and hope others on this site will have a happy ending like me! :o)

Original review: April 6, 2018

This was my first time to Jiffy Lube in Hayden, Idaho (4/02/2018 @10:13 am). Someone greeted me outside and took the car into the bay. I went into the empty waiting area. No one was at the desk. I waited alone at the desk for 5 minutes. Finally, a serviceman came in with the oil cap, and two dusty filters and laid them on the counter then tells me the car must have synthetic oil put in it. It was my daughter's car, and she had specifically told me to put in "regular" oil. I explained this to him. He argued. I texted my daughter and told her what he told me. She said to tell them to put in regular oil. I turned the phone around so he could see the screen. He took the phone from my hand and started to text her back, but couldn't spell "manufacturer" so gave up and gave me back my phone. Then said he would have to make a note on the invoice. I didn't even have a chance to find out how much they charged before they started.

For the oil change ONLY, it came to $51.77! Thank God I had coupon, but I still paid $44.11! It was too late to change my mind. I didn't notice the last line on the note they wrote on the invoice until I got home. It said "Air firlter housing broken on arrrival" (misspellings are his). What?? They never said a word about a broken air filter housing! I immediately texted my daughter and asked if her air filter housing was broken before I brought the car in? She said, 'No it was not broken and that they probably did it because they were mad'. Very poor service. Very poor communication. Possibly dishonest workers. Way over-priced. Never going there or to ANY Jiffy Lube ever again.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I had my oil changed and they must have let a bolt or seal lose and now I am trying to buy an engine. I had contacted Jiffy about this issue and they turned the issue backed to me. I made the mistake of letting someone take the oil pan off before speaking with Jiffy, BIG MISTAKE! Regardless, they did not tighten the oil pan correctly and the oil leaked out and it caused my engine to blow!!!

Original review: March 19, 2018

Repairs on my 2007 Nissan Sentra. I was charged $150 dollars to replaced the motor mount, but to my disappointment they replaced motor mount and car drove rough and bounce like a ball, I went to a real mechanic and got issue fixed. If I have the choice of a worst rating (like zero stars) I would do it.

Original review: March 13, 2018

RIPOFF! (store # 2530) 11965 SE 82nd Ave Happy Valley, OR 97086. I am a senior 84 years old, I have had oil changes at this particular address for several years (price then was $15.95 for regular change of oil). Fairly recently I was in for an oil change, and was informed the PRICE was now $25.00, after examining the mileage I was informed I did not need an oil change, and was told to come back in when the mileage was met. I thought was very good of the serviceman to inform me. That was 2 months ago January-2018. Today March 12th/2018 I brought my vehicle in for an oil change, and was informed that the price would be $45.00. This I accepted simply because I was there!

I also informed the serviceman that I would like coolant added to my working air conditioner, the serviceman noted this, and informed me that the price for that was $80.00, again I accepted, and at the same time I felt I was being RIPPED OFF! At this time they had not touched my vehicle after being in the bay for 45 minutes! Again the serviceman appeared at my vehicle window, and informed me that the COOLANT charge was now $100.00, with a bunch of MUMBO JUMBO! At this time was becoming quite agitated, but again TIRED, and not feeling well. I again accepted the price just to get it over with! Again after another 30 minute wait, and still NOTHING DONE for my vehicle!

The serviceman reappeared at my window, and INFORMED ME THE PRICE WAS NOW $200.00, this was the straw that broke this almost a sucker's back! This IS A USED CAR LOT WAY OF DOING Business. I refused the serviceman's price of $200.00, and then was asked how much was I willing to pay for the coolant, still not one thing had been done to my vehicle. This was when I informed the serviceman that I would take my business elsewhere! I was then directed out of the bay with not too happy looks, they had just lost a potential sucker! I INTEND TO INFORM, AND POST ONLINE. DO NOT FRATERNIZE THIS RIPOFF JIFFY LUBE AT (store # 2530) 11965 SE 82nd Ave Happy Valley, OR 97086. Talk about greed. This business coined the WORD!

Original review: March 9, 2018

I came in to have my oil changed on my vehicle. The oil change was taking longer than usual. After I received my vehicle I looked it over quickly and got in to leave. When I got home I checked the vehicle over once again and found that my front skid plate was missing hardware. I then called to confront the store and was asked to come back in. The manager resolved the issue but it caused a complete inconvenience to me by wasting my time and making me come twice to the store. The manager was not willing to compensate me for my time and inconvenience and still asked me to pay for the service that they failed to execute properly.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Went in with a coupon for emissions. Tried to sell me on topping off my coolant for 9 bucks, seeing me two air filters, cabin and engine. Charged me ten dollars for on the spot renewal without asking if I would like them to. Miserable to do business with, in it for their money and nothing about your convenience. Charged $48.00 for emissions only, I don't know the going rate but that seemed very high to plug my 2016 Sonata in for five minutes.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Overdue for an oil change, and not having the time to wait at the dealer or even a place like Firestone. I went to the Fairhaven, MA location, 2/22/18, on my way home from work, as the location is right around the corner. When I arrived an employee came out and said, "Get out and leave it running." I said, "Excuse me," she replied, "I will bring it in," my response was, "No you can direct me in." The "manager" said it's company "policy" "we drive in you drive it out". So I agreed. He drove it in.

I went through the waiting area and opened the door to the shop, and said, "I would like to sit in my car." "Manager" response was, "That is what the waiting room is for." I said, "Excuse me... I frankly don't trust "you" not saying "you" will steal anything, but I want to keep an eye in what is going on, and don't want to checking things that I did not ask to be looked at." "Manager" response was, "It's company policy that you remain in waiting area, we will come tell you what you need and we will check what we want." He then proceeded to say..., "Because you said that you don't trust us, I refuse to service your car. Leave!"

I said, "Are you serious, because I am more comfortable sitting in my car in an "Instant Oil Change" business than a "waiting room" like a dealership/"Firestone" and that I don't trust you are not going to recommend services that don't actually need to be done or were not asked for. Since when has it been the policy that I can't sit in my car," he and three others said, "Like 3 years!" My reply was, "It must have just changed since the last time I was in," because that was about 3 years ago and I was allowed to sit in my car. Needless to say I did as they said and left!

Now I will further this as it relates to another Jiffy Lube location going back about 12 years ago. Went in for an oil change, topside tech did his checks... not completely paying attention but close enough, I say him pop the air filter box and open the cabin air filter panel then presented me with both of them. They were black and disgustingly dirty. He recommended that I replace them! I replied, "There is NO way those are from my car." He said, "I assure you they are." "Nope. Sorry those are not mine. I have K&N air filters and I actually just cleaned them that past weekend. I can show you what mine look like if you like," and started to get out. He responded with, "Ok we won't change the air filters then."

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

What a rip off the Elk River MN store was. Was up charged 20 bucks because my vehicle was 4 wheel drive. Never heard of such crap. Oil change has nothing to do with 4 wheel drive. Will never use Jiffy Lube again even if the oil change is free. I'm taking all my business back to Valvoline. Very shady when I question why it was so much was told because it was 4 wheel drive.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I was in the Cincinnati area visiting my mother on February 2, having driven from Mount Gilead, north of Columbus. My 1995 Mercedes S320 was overdue for an oil change, so I took the vehicle to Jiffy Lube on Cooper Road in Blue Ash, Ohio. The entire Jiffy Lube staff provided excellence in service throughout the visit. They changed the oil and also added antifreeze, which was a good bit low. In addition they replaced a burned out headlight.

Next, they brought me the old air filter and it clearly needed replaced, being full of dirt and feathers. The air filter was ordered so that it would arrive the next morning. I came back around noon and learned that because the vehicle is somewhat of an older model, the parts depot didn't have one in stock. So the office manager by the name of Earl arranged for the part to be available for installation closer to my home in Mount Gilead. He was very professional and courteous, even making the effort to follow-up later with a phone call to make certain that I would be able to get the air filter installed at the Jiffy Lube store nearest to my location.

Earl also explained each charge on the bill and applied a discount where appropriate. It is refreshing to have had such a positive experience, and be sent away with a better running vehicle as the result of exemplary service during the entire visit. There should be more professionals like Earl, who exhibits integrity, consideration, and care for customer satisfaction. As a result, I would recommend Jiffy Lube to anyone I meet.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

This is the letter I wrote to Jiffy Lube after they Ripped Me Off!! I went to Jiffy Lube in Myrtle Beach today for an oil change. # 3340. The man knew I was disabled because I told him I didn't want to bend over to look under the car because I was disabled. When he was listing things I needed, the price on his computer was 299 something. When I went up to pay the price was 726.76!!! That is Outrageous. I am Disabled. I only get paid once a month and now I have Zero Money Now!! They should show AND tell you what the price is every single time they add something on!!!~ If he had Ever Told me the price was over 700.00 I would have said "No, Thank you" and brought my car to my mechanic!!!

This entire situation is WRONG. I was ripped off and I had No Clue until I had to pay the bill. What if I didn't have 700.00??? I am going to go file a claim against you in small claims court on Tuesday. Do I file a claim against Jiffy Lube in General or that specific store? I am angry and appalled that I was taken advantage of. What was done to me is Not Right. I am going to copy and paste this on Yelp and any other place I can find to let others know how I was Ripped Off Completely.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Went here to buy a battery and the salesman upsaled me a 5 year warranty I didn't want but he promised it was a good value so I got it. I come back 3 years later and of course they can't honor the warranty. They told me they don't do 5 year warranties anymore. Thats it's only 3 years now but how is that my problem? If I purchased a 5 year warranty that's what I should get. I told the manager I wouldn't be going back there and all he said was "ok". He did not care one bit. Very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Stay away from Jiffy Lube Fuquay Varina. They took an hour when there was no other cars there, charged me for tire rotation, did not honor my coupon, I paid $108 for an oil change, had to leave after an hour to get to work. I watched the employees stand around while my car sat there. The person who refilled my windshield wiper fluid spilled it all over my engine, which was clean, and it is corrosive to at least rubber. I was so angry I tore up the receipt. It was 12/7/17 I arrived at 1 pm, left at 1.57 pm.

Jiffy Lube expert review by Lauren Fix

Jiffy Lube was founded in 1979 when it introduced the first drive-through service bay, making it easier for customers to get their oil changed quickly. Now, there are more than 2,000 franchise locations across the United States.

• Jiffy Lube Dashboard: Jiffy Lube customers can create a Jiffy Lube Dashboard account on the company’s website. They can keep track of all services performed at Jiffy Lube as well as receive maintenance reminders, promotions and coupons.

• Franchise locations: All Jiffy Lubes are now independently owned and operated franchises. Consumers support local business owners when they visit a Jiffy Lube. Different locations might have special offers and discounts.

• Recommendations tool: Consumers can view the manufacturer recommended service schedule for their make and model of vehicle by visiting the Jiffy Lube website. They can then see if there are any coupons for recommended services available at their Jiffy Lube location.

• Resource Center: The Resource Center section of the company’s website offers informational articles about maintaining a vehicle. It also has tips for driving safely and making an automobile more fuel efficient.

• Nationwide warranties: Certain products and services come with a warranty. These warranties are honored at locations across the country, so consumers will be covered even when traveling.

• Best for: Jiffy Lube caters to those who want their vehicles serviced quickly.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix

Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Jiffy Lube Company Information

www.jiffylube.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business