4.0/5 (703 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Jiffy Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

My wife went to the Coventry RI location for an oil change. She called me to let me know she would be a few minutes late, The attendant asked her what she wanted and she told him "an oil change". She said synthetic and then changed her mind and asked for a regular oil change. The attendant was very rude and told her he refused to do a regular oil change, Now I would think that a regular oil change is better than none at all, but he turned her away. Is Jiffy Lube now using bait and switch tactics? Do they refuse to do an oil change unless it is the more expensive synthetic? Sounds to me like the person who is refusing to do an oil change doesn't feel like working today. It is, after all the 1st Wed in January 2021. Great business practice Jiffy Lube! I will be sure to let my friends know how concerned your employees are about performing regular maintenance on a car.

What did we do before synthetic oil? If synthetic oil is so superior to regular oil why do you still advertise it? I am pretty sure that a lazy worker was more the fault than was a concerned employee. I was getting all of my cars serviced here, but I am now going to go to a place that will perform the service I want at the moment instead of being rude and letting me drive off without any service at all. Jiffy Lube is supposed to be a Customer Service oriented company... If you stop offering customer service you haven't got much of a business left... Unless you just decide to sell synthetic oil by the bottle.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I came in to get an oil change and have my brakes checked. They informed me why my brakes were squeaking and offered me a good price. I definitely recommend Jiffy Lube to any one reading this. It also helps that it’s located right next to a restaurants and donut shop.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Oil change, filter and tire rotation done for Chevrolet blazer RS2019, after finishing the job I paid $145, then I went home and got the check engine light on, the second day I took the car to my dealer because he is 60 miles away and they checked it and said evaporative system fail, thank god the car is still under warranty and got it free. Jiffy Lube Winchester, VA would never recommend, will never visit them again. Unprofessional, No knowledge of new cars.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I was in and out in 15 minutes after having them complete a lot of things for me for my registration. They also have coupons that really help with the costs compared to other shops. I was very satisfied and pleased at the service. :)

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

DO NOT USE THEM!!! Jiffy Lube doesn't protect their customer's private info!! They gave out our info to some random customer without verifying who he was. They gave our name, number, and address to some crazy guy who started to threaten and harass us after Jiffy Lube added this guy's vehicle to our vehicle history list by mistake. When we called Jiffy Lube, they shrugged it off as no big deal. Now, some psycho has our address and I have kids at home that he could hurt. Jiffy Lube will not accept responsibility for giving it out either. Their customers' safety doesn't seem to matter. Will never use them again!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

When I drove up, I specifically asked if a lube was included. When I got home, I looked under the truck and saw that the lube was not done. I returned to the shop and they claimed all their lube guns were broken. COME BACK IN TWO WEEKS! Half a job at full price.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Recently got my oil changed at Jiffy Lube #3306 2436 E Bakerview Rd, Bellingham, WA 98226. A few days after my service I got a call from my work telling me my car was leaking too much oil and to please remove it from the parking lot. Got home with the car and found that after it was warmed up the oil was a pretty constant drip from around the drain plug. Finally got the car jacked up high enough to crawl under it and found that the oil pan drain plug had not seated and the Technician wrote GAY on the the oil pan. Submitted a complaint and was told they could credit my oil change and that was all they would do. Don't use Jiffy Lube. They don't care about anything but your money.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Simple oil change. I .5 hrs later when I left my car was stalling. It died. Smoke coming out and oil light came on??? The kid gave me a mechanic's number? No. They need to fix it, reimburse, and fire kid!! I can't drive for work tonight. Wth.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Sharing my experience with Jiffy Lube 3090. I brought my 2016 Volkswagen Tiguan in for a simple oil change. The car wasn't drivable after the worker changed the engine oil. I could hear the gear sliding against each other, and the RED warning of "oil pressure low" was on the whole time. Therefore, I brought my car back again, and your worker tried to re-fill the oil again. However, that doesn't solve the problem at all. Then, your worker told me it's the engine problem and blah blah blah because the oil wasn't going to the engine which caused the RED warning. I explained to him that I could drive the car just fine before I even brought the car in, and the oil pressure warning has NEVER popped up before. The worker here insisted that had nothing to do with them and rushed me out.

The car wasn't drivable, so I had to bring it in to the dealer, Ontario Volkswagen, to determine the problem. After the diagnosis, the dealer was able to determine that the engine wasn't getting the oil because "oil filter housing was missing the internal shaft" which Jiffy Lube failed to put in back after the oil change. We called Jiffy Lube #3090 again, and they couldn't find the shaft. For your mistake, I needed to spend additional $157 for the diagnosis and another $187.51 to just purchase a new shaft which could've all avoided if you just put the shaft back at the first place.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

My son took in a 10 year old car with a lot of miles for an oil change. They pushed the most expensive synthetic oil, and charged him $92 for the oil and managed to push up the bill for unneeded things like tire rotation and the cabin air filter for a total of $162. They were just exploited a kid's inexperience with shade-y garages. Now to make it worse, they put in a claim to my insurance company for a windscreen repair that we did not request, need or approve. It is not on the receipt, but now I have to deal with the insurance company to deny a false claim. The rep at my insurance company said Jiffy Lube does this a lot. I'd recommend avoiding Jiffy Lube altogether, or only go with skepticism and an eagle eye to make sure you are overcharged.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I Patronize this business always and for the first time I witnessed an incomplete inspection of the vehicle and received paperwork or receipt stating inspection satisfactory. I bring my service truck here and my personnel vehicles. Not sure anymore.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Went to get my oil change and car fix. Told them the problem is the car pushing forward when not moving. They said it was the control arms problem. Got it fixed with the control arm, serpent belt, alignment, oil change, labor and taxes added up to $1200. The next day I'm still driving with the same problem and I noticed the oil was empty in my engine, they didn't fill oil or even change it. I was very unsatisfied and I would never in my life go to this place again and would not recommend anyone I know go there.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I went to this location to get an oil change. A young man (Hispanic between 5-6 ft) took my car in. In about 5 minutes him and Linda came to me and stated they couldn't service my vehicle because the plug was stripped. Linda told me to take it back to the Jiffy Lube that last serviced my vehicle. I had to drive from Elmhurst to Chicago, 1230 S. Western Store #3017. I explained to the manager what was said to me. The tech went down and had the plug off in less than a minute. He said it wasn't stripped and I need to report whoever told me it was. I called Store #191 and spoke to Linda and she then allowed me to speak to Zulma. I explained to Zulma what happened, and she was very concerned and upset that I had received such service. I don’t know if the gentleman didn’t want to service my vehicle or he was in a hurry. I have used Jiffy Lube for many years never had this problem.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Visited store #839 in Chicago on Lincoln Ave (northside). The store manage approached me and explained the timing belt on my 2016 Honda Odyssey van needed its timing belt replaced per the service manual recommendations. I told him no thank you and he glared at me. I went online and found that Honda's recommendation begins at 60,000 miles. My van has just over 40,000 miles. I leave this as an example to customers to beware service at this Jiffy Lube store.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Here is my story - you be the judge about whether or not this store is to be trusted. I called beforehand for a price on an oil change and gave the man my car's year, make and model. He quoted $39. I drove there and when I asked beforehand, I was quoted $91. I was flabbergasted. I explained that I had called ahead of time and gave the man all my details and got that $39 quote. This guy's amazing reply was, "Well, we always quote that price no matter what. Then, when you come in, we give you a price based on looking at your car. Your model takes synthetic." I explained that I had given the man my car's details on the phone. Why didn't he quote the right price based on that? Again, the man repeated that this is the price they always quote over the phone.

I left, of course, because they obviously couldn't be trusted. A waste of a trip. This was not an ethical business practice. This is a classic bait and switch, in my opinion. The Jiffy Lube location was in West Ashley, Charleston, South Carolina, Highway 61. I hope the owner reads this, and I hope Jiffy Lube corporate reads this, because I will never trust Jiffy Lube again, based on this.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Horrible experience at the location in the NE just off of Country Hills in Calgary, AB. My wife went in for a $40 oil change, and she left there paying over $160! Up selling and pressuring customers is apparently their specialty. I am a loyal customer who serviced with them prior, but will look elsewhere. Their pitch was they couldn't use conventional oil, only fully synthetic. Not only that, an oil flush was mandatory. I believe in both services, and if explained(not pressured) I would gladly accept or decline. With so many options out there for Service, save yourselves the time and look for a place where you'll be treated with honesty.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Went to Jiffy Lube on Ogden ave is Westmont, Il. and I will NEVER go to another Jiffy Lube again. I was charged $106.83 for 5 quarts of oil and a filter, nothing else. I had a $10 online coupon but they said they could not apply it because the internet was down, but it was working to charge my debit card. No windows were cleaned, and only the tires on the drivers side got checked for air pressure, oil was spilled on my engine but not wiped off, just all around sloppy work for an outrageous price. The technicians were all wearing masks, which was appropriate because I feel I got robbed. My local Chevy dealer does an oil and filter change, vehicle inspection, and tire rotation for $60, thought Jiffy lube would be cheaper for just an oil change, but I was wrong, won't make that mistake ever again.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I went in last week for a regular oil change. It was my first time going to the Long Beach location. The guys seemed nice enough; however they did not put filter on right and it ended up cause serious damage to my car. A total of $465.83. I took it back into a jiffylube in AZ first and they told me my entire engine was blow and it would cost 4,200.00 to replace engine. Good thing I have a trustworthy mechanic at home.

Original review: June 15, 2020

I requested and paid for an oil change, tire rotation, new air filter, and wipers + tune up for road trip. I was polite and everything seemed fine during my visit. However, they disconnected the grounding wire from my car's starter, stranding my family on the road the next day, which cost me hundreds of dollars between towing the car and troubleshooting to find the issue. There was no reason for this behavior and it put my family in danger and ruined our trip.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I was about 1000 miles overdue for an oil change and I did not want to deal with it so I took it into Jiffy Lube in Wheeling on Dundee Rd. I went in there and they put my car up right away and they tried to pull their usual tactics of trying to get you to spend way more than you need to. They told me my coolant was low and it was only an extra $6 to top off. The most costly $6 I have ever spent because my perfect air conditioner was messed with and now, after refilling the coolant, cold air does not come out. I called to speak with the manager who I saw while I was there and the "Assistant Manager" claims they have no manager. How can you be an Assistant Manager if there isn't even a manager! Lies on lies and all he said to me was bring it in I'll look at it for you even though I told him multiple times I will never be coming back. What a terrible business, they should be shut down. I did not realize this was there business plan until I googled them after they broke my AC. NEVER EVER GO TO JIFFY LUBE!!!!

Original review: May 19, 2020

I never paid $100 for an oil change before ever, and they never told me that it’s gonna cost me that much, until after they swiped my credit card. And they refused to refund me $34.99. They have the highest oil change cost nationwide. Is it made of gold or what? Not recommended at all.

Original review: May 18, 2020

On April 10, 2020, I drove in to get an oil change. I requested full synthetic oil change, air filter and top off washer fluid. The total cost was $94.20. The service was fast, since there were 3 employees and no other cars were there to be serviced. The invoice showing itemized work shows that I declined window washing and vacuuming floors. They did not ask if I wanted it done, they just put down Customer ''DECLINED". I believe this was a dishonest thing to do. They should have offered the complimentary services. And should not have reported on their invoice that I "declined".

Original review: May 11, 2020

Went to Jiffy Lube in Murray, Utah and had my brakes checked. They checked them and of course they told me I was almost metal to metal and that the rotors were ruined. Needed to replace front and rear. At the tune of 925.00. Told them to put it back together. I had to get tires also so took it to the tire shop and asked them to check the brakes and they said they were great shape. Hmmm, that's odd. Jiffy lube #1025 Murray Utah said I needed to do.

Original review: May 10, 2020

I went for an Oil change yesterday, in first place it bothered them that I stood outside to watch what they do, so they closed the big rolling door, which is rude. Then they came up with a filter I have never seen in my car, they said they found it behind the glove box, they just ripped out my glove box without to ask permission, I did never give anyone permission to go through my glove box, most items I had in my glove box ended up under the passenger seat and they left it there, I need to check if something is missing, I don't trust people who do things to my property without to ask, they will never see me again, they are not professional,

The women who works there was throwing the air filter from my car around like crazy, I told her "It is not dirty and does not need to be replaced", they have no respect for someone else's property, they are disgusting and did not seem to know what they are doing. I hope they lose more customer, but the employees there don't care anyway, they thought because I have an accent and I am an older women they can run all over me, wrong. I am more than disgusted, which they will find it funny.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Go to Jiffy Lube for an oil change if you want no oil in your car one week later. They stripped my oil plug and all my oil was drained within one week. They would not fix the problem stating one lame excuse after another. Never go to Jiffy Lube unless you want you engine to blow up.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I drove into the site and asked the employee how much for an oil change? He said $45. I asked about the high mileage one. He said $20 more. I was charged $69 for the high mileage change, they overfilled the oil pan, after advising fluids would be topped off - they weren't. I was told the high mileage oil change would last longer than a normal one. Finally the wrong mileage was entered for the next 3000 mile checkup. Also told I needed a radiator flush at a cost of $145+. My mechanic advised it was unnecessary.

Original review: April 6, 2020

At Jiffy Lube in Alhambra, CA, I was able to get my oil and filters changed right before our road trip. It was fast and easy. The price was fair. The employees were all friendly and helpful. They have a large waiting room with plenty of seating. There's a fast food restaurant next door, making the wait feel even shorter. I was in and out in about 45 minutes. That was with about 5 people ahead of me. My vehicle ran smoother for our outing.

Original review: April 2, 2020

The service was prompt with a general expected wait time of less than 45 minutes. The pricing was higher than expect - 30% above my general pricing totaling to $135. I decided to go forward with service due to impending inclement weather. Customer representatives explained all services, inquired about the need of any additional and were pleasant.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I needed my car inspected for Uber and I also needed an oil change, I was in and out in less than 30 minutes and all of my fluids and filters were filled and replaced, my windows were clean and my car was vacuumed, all the paperwork was ready and in place at check out. I needed my tires rotated but they could see there was a problem with my psi computer and wouldn’t touch the tires because it would void my warranty, they saved me a lot of money.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I purchased a Groupon to get an oil change on my 2017 Chevrolet Cruze. After refusing to pay more than the Groupon, they confirmed they would honor the coupon. Come to find out, they never changed the oil filter. The next time I changed the oil, I found it was the exact same oil filter I had accidentally marked prior to going to Jiffy Lube. Total scam. Very, very dissatisfied.

Jiffy Lube Company Information