NAPA AutoCare Center

Compare Auto Service and Repair Companies

Research top Auto Service and Repair Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The gentleman introduced himself and asked what I was looking for. I walked with him down an aisle where he pointed out what I was looking for. He asked me what my price range. He even showed me products that were cheaper but just as good as the name brand product I was buying. I really would have liked it if they could have installed the wiper blades I bought. I would gladly pay for this service if it were available in my local area.

I was greeted fairly quickly & was asked if I need help. I needed assistance finding what I needed, & the man who helped me was so helpful & patient and answered all my questions. Everything I needed was easy to find & in stock, so I didn’t have to place an order & make an extra trip. Excellent customer service towards a woman who needed extra help!! However, I think there should be 3 people on staff. When I was being helped, it took quite a bit of time and that made me feel somewhat anxious because there were other customers who needed help. Another staff member went outside with an elderly man to look at something under the hood, so both guys were busy. But overall, it was pleasantly easy & worthwhile.

I was looking for a specific, pretty generic part. They had it so I have no complaints. The salespeople were pleasant and were present when I needed to ask a question. However, I don't like that they are too corporate, too much advertising and the not as small town as I'm used to. It's close to my house though so I'm inclined to acquiesce to visit this establishment. Plus, prices within my budget. If I need a basic item, they generally have it. It is clean and organized, brightly lit, flashy and colorful.

Went in knowing what I needed, a part for my car but wasn't sure what type. The guy helped me find the exact part and saved me money and provide information on how to install. They were informative and helpful. Shopping went quick and easy. They ran a scanner on my car and told me what was wrong. It was more pricey than wanted but they were helpful and informative so was worth paying more.

They have affordable prices compared to other auto parts stores. They also have some things that is hard to find at other stores. I like to shop around for the best price. What is important to me is that the store employees are knowledgeable and will take the time to assist me with finding the parts I'm looking for as well as advise me on my purchase choice. But it was not as convenient to shop there as other stores because the other stores have more locations.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NAPA AutoCare Center?

I absolutely love NAPA AutoCare! The time they take and the care they have for each and every customer is absolutely astounding. I've never seen anything less than exemplary work ethic from my NAPA employees. I had to figure out what was going on with my lights, an employee came out to my car, figured out how to take it all apart, figured out what size light and what not I needed and got everything together for me. He was so kind and went waayyy far out of his way to help me. I wish more people could have the encounter in car services that I have in dealing with your company, but I haven't seen too many NAPA auto parts stores around and it's not so very well known.

I went in to get my brakes switched out, because my old ones were bad. It was very very important that I got them fixed within the hour because I was on my lunch and had to head straight back to my workplace... They overcharged me for changing my brakes and completely screwed up!!! They also said my vehicle had a bunch of problems it did not have at all. I ended up catching an Uber home because it took them 3 days to switch my brakes!!! Changing breaks does not take a few days, I was very, very unhappy. This was a ridiculous experience for me and a waste of my time! I did not like it at all. Overall, the service here was mediocre at best. Everyone, including the lady at reception, was extremely rude. Never taking mine or my family's business here again.

When I owned my 1990 Plymouth Duster I went to NAPA Auto Parts to buy a battery and alternator. I spoke with a guy there and he was very helpful and treated me well. Their prices were very sufficient for the parts I needed that day. I in fact very much enjoyed my visit at NAPA Auto Parts. I told them what I needed and they didn't second guess me just because I was a girl.

The last few experiences I have had with Napa have been really good. I bought a new car battery there and some bearings for my back tire but I bought them at separate time and both times the service was great and made it a very easy purchase for me. They seemed to care even though I am a woman. However, I think they need to hire more counter people to help because there is usually a long wait for service. I’ve went into the store before when there are a lot of people waiting to be waited on and there is only 1 counter person working. And I don't like the smell, too. Also, they could get more things for women for their cars like pretty things in more vibrant colors.

Other than that, very nice service people, friendly and helpful with your purchases. They always try to get the right part the first time. They will exchange the part if it’s not right and they will check your battery and starter if you need them to. They will also give you a jump and loan you tools for the parking lot if you need them.

When I visit Napa Auto Parts and ask an employee what they would recommend, most of the time they won't need to open the book to find out. They are so knowledgeable in what they do and it's amazing! Every time I need to go Napa the employees also are very happy and seem as though they enjoy what they do. Although some of the pricing on some of the products are more expensive than what they should be... for example, a replacement light for an older 1980's/1990's vehicle. Other than that, I love visiting Napa Auto Parts.

The first time I visited Napa I was looking for brake pads for my car. I am not that knowledgeable about car parts and was not sure exactly what to expect. The guy behind the counter immediately greeted me and asked if he could be of help. I told him I needed some brake pads and he was very helpful in finding me exactly what I needed. He asked a couple questions about the make and model of my car and found me the pads I needed. He rang me up and was very friendly. All in all it took me ten minutes to get in the store and leave with the product I had come for. No hassles and a very fair price. I was pleasantly surprised about the whole transaction.

One of the things I like most about Napa is that it is very conveniently located near me. I don't have to go very far to get the auto parts I need. I like the people there and have always gotten good customer service. Every time I have been there the people working there have always been very helpful and attentive to my needs. They have helped me find exactly what I'm looking for and have also recommended me other products I had not considered before. I like that they have a variety of parts and accessories for my vehicle at fair prices and I don't have to go to multiple stores to get what I need. Most of the experiences I have at Napa have been very positive. At times the store is a little dirty but it is not excessive so it does not bother me too much.

They are nearby and it's easy to get to. The service was excellent and they had all parts I needed for the job I was doing on my car. I bought breaks and rotors and some break fluid. I also got a little etc stuff I could use. The parts are very very good. And they are well known. The prices could be a little less though. The store I go to could be a little newer looking and more friendly environment. The part counter could be more visible and the works more friendly. And I wish they would sell tires.

They have a convenient location, a good inventory of parts and knowledgeable staff. Never make me feel unintelligent and no question is too silly. Their hours are convenient and also open on weekends when most of my auto disasters occur. As a female even the smallest repairs are confusing. I needed windshield wipers and it's very hard to determine what size and type were needed but the staff helped me figure this out. They are always patient and helpful and explain fully all my questions or address my concerns. I would like the prices to be lowered, though.

The parts were great because they were really quite affordable and they had a wide variety of parts so I didn't have to worry that they wouldn't have what I needed for my vehicle since they have such a large selection. They did have everything in the stockroom that I needed in order to get my car running again which was really very great because it helped me not be stressed and I was able to get back on the road quickly. Everything was great. They were able to quickly locate which part number I needed and then send them out directly to the mechanic so I could get them to work on my car and fix it. I needed the part on Friday and it was here by Monday and fixed by Tuesday and I was back in business by Wednesday.

When I was able to live in a town that had Napa AutoCare Center I had excellent customer service. They had friendly workers who were experienced (older) and had a good knowledge on cars that they could help me with the automotive issues that I was having. If I ever had to come back for the same issue more than once they always helped me figure out the problem. They usually but not always had the parts I needed for my vehicle. I was pleased. But some of their automotive products the prices are higher than their competitors. Unlike some automotive stores they aren’t in every town or city so it is harder to stick with their brand and I think they should have them located in places other than larger towns and cities.

Overall, okay experience. I do feel as though there are more qualified and knowledgeable auto part & repair stores that may make better options. They did not have the parts that I needed every time I went there. And they should offer to match prices or beat them with other competitors.

I like the fact that they are close to my residence, and that the parts and accessories are always dependable and guaranteed. I also like the customer service. The people working there were very attentive, they were also very helpful and concerned about what I needed and they helped me obtain whatever I had to in order to get whatever I needed to get the job done. I have had nothing but good service and good experiences from this establishment, and would highly recommend them to my friends and everyone else.

The staff always seems knowledgeable and helpful with what I need so it reduces my stress from fixing my car. They are always reasonably priced and always have the products I need in stock. Replaced a car battery, they helped me not only find a good battery, at the price I wanted to pay, but also removed my old battery and installed the new one for me... Now that is great service! I wish they would hire more women, and it would reduce the intimidation for other women to approach and find what they need for their vehicle. And the cleanliness at the counter is pretty gross.

The people at NAPA are very knowledgeable and friendly. The staff is willing to go above and beyond what is asked of them. They have the products I need, or are able to get them quickly. The prices are reasonable. The customer service is great. But the NAPA stores in my area are run-down. I would shop at these stores more often if the store looked newer and were cleaner and more modern.

The employees are wicked friendly. They are knowledgeable and very informative. The waiting room is spacious and clean and inviting looking, makes waiting for my car repairs a bit more relaxing. The store usually has what I need. If not, they will order it and have it there within the day. The employees are friendly and we are on name basis. I enjoy seeing them every time I go in. I would like to see their hourly rates improve. Yes, I understand people need to make a living but charging $60 to $70 an hour is a bit much granted the work is always great quality but still.

I really like the professionalism and the quality of the parts as well as the employees were very well informed and in tune with what I needed for my Toyota Highlander and my Honda Accord. So that was useful and convenient. I would improve the prices and how they kept trying to sell me stuff which I had informed them specifically what I needed and didn't want ANYTHING else. But they pressed me for other things that I didn't want. It's like, "Okay, enough." But the customer service was good, the employees very knowledgeable which is good but I am a woman so they kept trying to sell me stuff that financially I wasn't really ready for and even though I explained that they still pushed me to do it which is really annoying in my eyes.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

NAPA is best known for its quality parts. Many stores offer NAPA AutoCare Centers repair facilities. Their ASE certified technicians can perform all types of maintenance, from routine maintenance to major repairs. NAPA offers a Nationwide Peace of Mind Warranty, which is backed by a 24 month, 24,000-mile warranty with coast-to-coast support.

• Repair estimator: If you want to be sure how much a repair will cost you, this estimator is a quick and easy way to get the cost for most common repairs.
  • Know your vehicle: Know your vehicle offers information on preventive maintenance, which is the best way to make sure your vehicle is running properly.
  • Nationwide warranty: A warranty is offered on parts and labor for qualifying repairs and services for 24 Months/24,000 Miles. Saving the receipts is important for any repair work.
  • Best for NAPA Auto Centers is best for commuters, parents, used car buyers, budget-conscious consumers, car enthusiasts and car owners with warranties.

Compare Auto Service and Repair