3.6/5 (35 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

NAPA AutoCare Center Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NAPA AutoCare Center?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NAPA AutoCare Center?

Original review: March 30, 2022

I called Napa Truck Center in Nashville IL and spoke to Jered the Service Manager and told him I had a vibration and pull to the right and was told I needed hinge pin bushing in left side. Was told you do them in pairs and got an estimate on Monday for 2 hinge bushings and alignment for 1620$. I agreed and was told it had to be there Wednesday morning to be done Wednesday night. Dropped the truck off at 7pm Tuesday night, post trip showed left front steer tire 10/32 on outside 5/32 on inside right steer tire 10/32 across tire. Work order for truck wasn't written up until 1235 Wednesday afternoon, I got a call around 4pm saying they had good news. I only needed one hinge pin and it was the right side not the left so it would be a lot cheaper than expected and may not need alignment, since I knew the condition of driver side tire I knew I did need an alignment but thought these guys are professionals.

The naked eye can see the excessive tire wear on the driver side inside edge. I got a call at 830 Wednesday night saying truck would not be done, parts were incorrect and was told it would be early to mid afternoon before it would be done. I got a call at 832pm Thursday night telling me it was done. The total was around 1120$ and they did not do an alignment. Go to pick the truck up and they adjust the bill to 941.22$. I asked if the truck was test driven and was told yes. I got 740 miles down the road and driver steer tire was down to secondary rubber on inside. So now I waste more time putting on a tire and alignment 800$ later.

This shop cost me a 2200 dollar load I had booked plus a mark on my company since they did not let me know until 8pm that night and had to cancel load with short notice. Service manager didn't see a problem with any of this. They did 1 hinge pin bushing according to their estimate should have been 675$ and was going to charge me 1120$ until I chew his ** for 20 minutes then dropped the price to 914$. An estimate legally should be within 10-15% accurate and if not need customer approval. Shop is a total rip off. Truckers beware.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

The guys at my local NAPA Auto Parts store do really good job. Every one there is always very courteous and professional. Whenever I need a part of any kind, either for one of my vehicles, for my tractors or parts or belts for any of my equipment or implements, they never disappoint. I can count on NAPA to quickly supply me with quality parts at a very reasonable price.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I have had work done at this Napa Auto Care Center in Summerfield on several occasions and have been very pleased with the quality of work and fairness of the cost. I have found it to be less than some mom and pop shops in the area. I highly recommend this service Center. Ask for Doug.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

My oil pan was replaced a little over a year ago. I called NAPA 1800 # and customer service first notion towards me was why was are my miles so low compared to when I got my repair complete, as if I tripped my miles (insult one). I have three cars so it's rarely driven which says a lot about NAPA parts or workmanship. After going through the extensive questions I finally was able to take it for a repair. Here's the second insult, after the job was complete I had a balance from NAPA. They paid the shop 490 and I paid that plus more for repairs the first time. However, I still had an outstanding balance after my so called warranty was fulfilled. NAPA are Some crooks!

Original review: April 30, 2019

Bought a belt for alternator with a lifetime warranty and coming to notice after a few short months it failed. The owner(s) RUDELY refused the replacement or refund and henceforth I stopped to patronize them for good.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Water pump installed Aug 2018 failed Jan 20th. At 1:00 am Jan 22nd told being checked. I had to stop 3:00 pm next day, never received update call. Told they just got test result showing pump was bad. But no replaced. After loudly voicing my disappointment owner followed me outside and started using F word at me and said they had to order pump & "what did I want him to do pull one out of his **". Told me I had to wait 5 days to replace it.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

2005 Chevy Equinox was overheating after driving 3-5 miles. I was told I needed a water pump & new spark plugs and wires & serpentine belt. Picked up car after repairs & it overheated after driving 3 miles. I noticed they never drove car after repairs. Returned car to garage. They called me later to say they think the radiator needs replaced but they didn't have equipment to flush or test radiator. I had car towed to another garage & they said the radiator was the problem. They replaced it and car runs fine now. Napa charged me $650 for repairs that did not repair car. To add insult to injury they charged me $300 for parts that were in stock that I could of bought for $139 right there. A $161 additional mark up on parts already marked up. Never again!

Original review: June 25, 2018

There is no shortage of parts stores near my home. Within 5 miles there is 3 O'Reilly Auto Parts stores, 2 Advance Auto Parts stores, 2 NAPAs and a Pep Boys. And within 10 miles there's probably 20 different parts stores. NAPA has EARNED itself to being an ABSOLUTE last resort for my parts needs. It doesn't matter which NAPA store I'm in, I walk in and am never greeted and will often stand there for 15 minutes before being greeted with "What do you want?" I walked into NAPA on several occasions and the guy at the counter is doing something on the computer with no customer in front of him and nobody on the phone... and he doesn't even look up and acknowledge I'm there for 10 minutes.

I understand that they need to fill order etc for local shops etc... but at least say "Hi, I'll be right with you" or something. That particular NAPA store recently went belly up. Good riddance! They never answer the phone at NAPA either. Seems to me that with so much local competition they would have made some sort of effort. Oh, and they give you the wrong part at least 50% of the time. Their slogan is "NAPA know how!" More like "NAPA's gone now" cause their stores are disappearing one by one all around the city. Lol.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

BEWARE!!! Dishonest crooks who took my money and did not fix my brakes as promised but created brake issues I did not have before. I took my car to them for service. I was BURNED and BAMBOOZLED by a dishonest business, Willard Garage. Willard Garage is just out to make money off of gullible customers. I believe, that Willard Garage is biased in their treatment of certain customers and does not treat every customer the same. Customers whom they feel are vulnerable and an easy mark, they take advantage of to make extra money. I think they are charlatans that charge ridiculous prices on car repairs.

I first took my car to Willard Garage on 06/29/17 because of problems when trying to start my car. Also asked them to service my brakes because I felt it was time for new brakes. Willard called me back with ‘other’ suggested repairs costing $1,473.51. I trusted them and took their word that my car needed these ‘other’ repairs so I had the additional suggested repairs done, paid for the repair services and picked up my car.

I had to take my car back to Willard Garage on 07/14/17 because, at highway speeds of 55-60 mph and above, my car would shake violently when I applied the brakes, and this was not happening before I took my car to Willard Garage. When I picked up my car, I was not charged for this repair. I drove my car for a few weeks and was still having the same issues. Wanting to see if it might be a tire issue, I took my car to Costco on 08/12/17 but having my tires rotated still did not fix the problem.

On 08/16/17, I took my car back to Willard Garage. Willard Garage then claimed that Costco was at fault for the problem due to improper torque of my tires. I went to Costco on 08/17/17 and filed a claim. The very next day on 08/18/17, I picked up my car from Willard Garage and was charged an additional $405.77 to fix the brake issues which should have been covered under the 24,000 miles/2 yr., warrantied NAPA auto parts for the original services performed.

Subsequently, Costco denied my claim saying they never had any such complaints from other customers because they have torque guidelines which they strictly adhere to for all cars serviced, foreign and domestic. I then took my car for a second opinion to All Pro Service Center who looked at the brakes and found that there was no way the problem could have been a tire torque issue. All Pro Service Center has been in business over 25 years and has six (6) locations in the Des Moines metro area.

I told Willard Garage I wanted my money back because Costco denied my claim because, after review, they found it was unfounded and I also paid for a second opinion from All Pro Service Center which also said it was not a tire torque issue but a brake service issue; therefore, it had to be due to faulty repair work by Willard Garage. The manager from All Pro Service Center even called Willard Garage to discuss their findings but Willard Garage still would not give me back the $405.77 I paid to fix the brake issues that they had caused in the first place.

I had Costco install new tires on my vehicle on 08/02/14 and have had my tires rotated on a regular basis and have never had any such braking issues. I also had brake service done on my car on 12/8/2015 by Acheson Auto Works and have never had any such braking issues. When I told Willard Garage that I feel I was wrongfully charged for corrective repairs that should have been covered under the original service warranty they refused to give me back the $405.77 I paid. He stated if I wanted my money back I would have to take him to court. I took Willard Garage to court. The judge ruled in favor of Willard Garage despite my solid evidence and the testimony of All Pro Service Center stating that my braking issues could not have been caused by improper torque of my tires by Costco Tire Center. I received no amount in reparation. My court case was ‘denied with prejudice’.

I feel the judge was biased because he did not make his decision based on the facts alone but made his decision just because the business owner stated he was in aviation for over 25 years, which has nothing to do with working on cars that do not fly, and his auto mechanics were ASE certified. Had I known I needed to give my work history and establish my character, I wouldn’t have bothered bringing a witness to court or present so much evidence. I just would have discussed my job experience.

Original review: June 7, 2017

The gentleman introduced himself and asked what I was looking for. I walked with him down an aisle where he pointed out what I was looking for. He asked me what my price range. He even showed me products that were cheaper but just as good as the name brand product I was buying. I really would have liked it if they could have installed the wiper blades I bought. I would gladly pay for this service if it were available in my local area.

NAPA AutoCare Center author review by Lauren Fix

NAPA is well-known for its quality parts. Many stores offer NAPA AutoCare Centers repair facilities. Their ASE certified technicians can perform all types of maintenance, from routine maintenance to major repairs. NAPA offers a Nationwide Peace of Mind Warranty, which is backed by a 24 month, 24,000-mile warranty with coast-to-coast support.

• Repair estimator: If you want to be sure how much a repair will cost you, this estimator is a quick and easy way to get the cost for most common repairs.

• Know your vehicle: Know your vehicle offers information on preventive maintenance, which is the best way to make sure your vehicle is running properly.

• Nationwide warranty: A warranty is offered on parts and labor for qualifying repairs and services for 24 Months/24,000 Miles. Saving the receipts is important for any repair work.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Advisor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

NAPA AutoCare Center Company Information