3.1/5 (62 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Maaco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maaco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maaco?

Original review: June 21, 2022

Took truck for minor rear bumper repair, dropped truck of on Monday, was lied to 3 times by the nasty girls in office, demanded truck back 9 days later, truck repair not even started. Overcharged $100.00 for part they ordered and was told he had to pay to get his truck back!!! Horrible place, nasty rude employees!

Original review: June 18, 2022

After 30 years of using my 1993 Mercedes 300D, it looked pathetic. The paint, damaged by the sun and time, was peeling and discolored. I visited numerous paint shops, but the proposed prices could have ruined my retirement budget. Finally I found Maaco in N.Chelmsford, MA. The boss, Richard Russo. A charming, athletic, extraordinary expert, he captivated me with his culture and professionalism. He offered a price that was acceptable. When I told my family and friends about it, they agreed. "Cheap price means cheap quality."

What was my surprise when after a week (well, three days more) I picked up a shiny, meticulously pampered car! I have seen restored classic cars many times, but never so beautifully! All the losses due to (fortunately) slight corrosion just disappeared. It's been a long time since I was so satisfied. Thank you Richie. You are the best on the East Coast! As a farewell, I sang a song to Richard, which my father learned from Gen. Patton's soldiers during the Second World War. Open the door, Richard. Open the door and let me in. Open the door, Richard. Richard, why don't you open that door.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2022

On 3/25/22, my daughter and I visited the Maaco on Greenville Blvd. in Greenville NC to discuss having my daughter's 2016 Toyota Prius painted. During discussions my daughter and I agreed on a paint level that we were told would involve some overspray onto trim and mouldings. We weren't looking for perfection, so we felt that a little overspray was acceptable, especially when the employee showed us examples of what to expect on a recently painted vehicle in the parking lot. We made an appointment and on 3/28/22 I dropped the car off. I was told it would take 2-3 days, but for reasons unknown, it took 8 days and on 4/5/22 I was able to pick up the vehicle.

On 4/5/22 I arrived at the office to pick-up the vehicle with my wife and was handed a piece of paper and asked to sign it. I asked if we should go and inspect the vehicle first and he agreed and we walked out to inspect it together. Upon inspection I noticed numerous areas where the paint ran, numerous areas where paint appears to have "Globbed-up" especially bad around the roof antenna and damage on the front passenger fender and rear bumper that wasn't there before and had been painted over. I inquired about the damage and was offered no apology or explanation.

I asked the employee to fix the glob on the roof, the runs on the back of each of the rear doors and the damages to the rear bumper and front fender, the employee agreed and we made another appointment to have this done on 4/11/22. I was told when I dropped it off on 4/11/22 that the work should be done by 4/14/22. On 4/14/22, I called and was told that it wasn't ready, but should be ready the next day on 4/15/22 and again it wasn't. After not hearing from them for 5 days, On 4/20/22 my daughter called and was told the car was ready and we could come get it, this was great news because our truck had broke down on us in VA and we needed the car, so we began driving a rental car from VA to go pick up my daughter's car, several hours into our drive, I called just to confirm the car would be ready and was told that it wasn't.

5 more days passed without a word so on the morning of 4/25/22 I called and was told that the car should be ready for pick-up that evening. I picked the car up on the morning of 4/26/22 and as the employee drove it around, it could be seen to have blue painters tape holding the hybrid emblem on the repaired fender. The employee explained that they had just applied the emblem and that it would be dry by the time I got it home and I could remove the tape then. The employee got out of the car, said "Thank you for your patience", while handing me my key, then left me with my car without an offer to inspect anything.

As I walked around the car, I saw the fender was fixed and looked good, but the runs on the doors looked like someone just cut them off with a razor, the blob on the roof was still a blob, but now had a sanding mark on the top with some dark color showing, (Primer?). The rear bumper damage which had been a small curled sliver of plastic that had been painted over had been cut off with no attempt to fix the damage. Finally there was new damage to the rear bumper where something had pressed against a piece of trim and pushed it inward out of alignment. I just left. I was disappointed and just tired of dealing with these people. I would not recommend taking your vehicle here. They don't communicate at all and they apparently lack any form of quality control. I will be contacting their corporate office and trying to work out a resolution that doesn't involve my vehicle going back to that particular shop.

Original review: April 6, 2022

Do not recommend this place one bit. Customer service not good! Lies to customers about progress with their cars and joy rides customers' car. Not professional and I do not recommend anyone go to the one on Manheim Pk in Lancaster, PA. They did nothing to help just lied. Went to another place after them, got a way cheaper quote and they helped do a simple fix on my car until the part came in.

Original review: April 5, 2022

I had a vehicle painted at Maaco at the Rancho Cordova Ca location, I didn't expect a show-quality paint job but I never expected this... They did almost no prep, even though the work order specified light sanding. All they did was wipe it down with a green scotch pad, then they painted right over dirt. There are pinholes in their primer which was so thin the only way I knew they used primer was all the overspray. I had the glass removed after I dropped it off there and they failed to sand or prep around the opening so now the paint is already lifting about the rear window. There are numerous runs in the paint and bubbles due to lack of prep... I was told they would use a heavy primer that would fill any light imperfections, that was a blatant lie.

I was also told there would be no warranty since I did some body work in a few spots, funny thing is the paint laid down fine there. The problem areas are on factory paint where there hasn't been any previous work... This was obviously way more than that shop could handle... I was told they can keep their prices low because of their technique and volume, that is a huge lie! They keep it cheap because they do almost no prep work and use extremely poor quality products... When there is so much dirt under the paint that pretty much tells the story...

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

The bumper of my daughter in law was not well painted. We claimed to the manager this issue and he came with the story that the new paint never match the car because the new paint is always brighter than the old one, **, the fact was that he has a lot time with the car and when we claim about the car he just repaired very quick to get rid of us. Take my advise. It doesn't worth to go to this shop, you really will regret with the dirty job they do, besides they gave your car back all dirty. They don't watch at all after painted.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I really wish I would've paid more for a less reputable business. As a birthday present, I took my mother's car into Maaco in Tucson AZ for a full car body paint job. The price was really good, but that should've been the first red flag. The GM Brian took some general information down including the color, which was medium gray, but when my mother took her car in, he had the color down as black. That's quite the difference in tone especially since that is the color my mother was changing from. My mother caught the error, and she picked the medium gray color that she wanted and assumed GM Brian was capable of writing it down correctly. He wasn't. Not only did he write down the WRONG COLOR, he broke the nozzle to her window wash and had to replace it....twice. This put a delay in picking up the car.

When I did pick up the car, the nozzle still hadn't been replaced, (which my mom had to later take the car in when it finally did arrive), but that wasn't even the worse part. We expected to leave with a medium gray car, we left with a GREEN CAR. GM Brian showed me the color swatch because I questioned the color, and just by looking at the swatch, I knew it wasn't the color my mother had picked. Still, on the form was MEDIUM GRAY, but here is a green car. She never would have picked that color. It is blatantly GREEN! I received even more affirmation when I drove up in her car and saw her face drop, not in delightful admiration, but in absolute dumbfounded confusion. GM Brian wrote the wrong number down! She didn't want to call him back because she couldn't afford the time to get her car repainted. She needed her car for work.

Now, forward to a month later, she is still trying to convince herself that she's ok with the color, but on top of that, she gets stopped by the police on her way to work. These MAACO car body paint "professionals" painted OVER the lights that shine onto her license plate. She tried scraping as much as she could off, but it still looks horrible. I called the capable GM Brian and he did suggest taking the car in so he can "clean it up". Do I trust him touching my mother's car AGAIN? No. I asked if he could just order the replacement and I would get someone else to install it because it's been one issue after another with him, but he said he wasn't going to buy it, he would just clean it up. That's not good enough.

The trust in his abilities is zero. He showed his "skills" when he broke the nozzle AND couldn't write proper numbers down, which his laborers also agreed he is less than capable of, why would I trust him with a washrag? At this point, the only way this can be repaired is to receive a full refund, nothing less. To anyone thinking about taking your car to this location, trust me, pay the high price elsewhere. Save yourself the time and headache. You'll thank me.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I dropped my car off to get 2 small spots touched up on my bumper. The clear coat was chipping off. On my way to pick it up they called me saying they pulled the tape off and it messed up paint on other parts of my car and that it was 250.00 per panel to fix it but they would split the cost with me. My portion would be 125. I said no, the owner was rude. I told him I was going to report him to the BBB and he said, "Go ahead I own this shop." 9407 Old staples Mill Rd was the location.

So to recap Monday morning at 10am I dropped my car off. Tuesday they called me to report the damage, Wednesday ** called saying he would repair it if I paid for the paint. At first I said no, but I really needed it back because I had to borrow a car all week so they told me Friday the car was ready to had to pay it to get my car back, corporate called me and said because it was privately owned I had to try to settle with them? It was raining yesterday and today so it's hard to really see how the car looks. I do have pics of my car before and after!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

When I took my car into an Indiana Franchise, the owner was $1,000 over Maaco's online estimate. He was more interested in the fleet business. The guy really wasted my time. Go somewhere else, other than Maaco.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Replacement of rear tail light lens plus body work to right passenger door plus front hood and front hood repair of rust and dings. Repainting of front bumper and hood plus clear coating and left front quarter panel with original factory paint granite gray. All areas were immaculate. Vehicle is 2014 Jeep Compass Latitude. Damage caused by major weather storm 8/10/2014 in Milwaukee, WI.

Maaco Company Information