1.35/5
Based on 155 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Maaco

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 5, 2017

178 Maaco Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I hope there is enough space for my comments. You might want to get a coke and pop corn if you read my story because you won't believe it. My situation began July 18, 2017 and ended September 2, 2017. I went in on July 18 to get an estimate on the cost to paint my 2011 metallic gold Buick Lacrosse. When I got there I was greeted by ** and I asked him to give me an estimate; so we went out to look at my car. He looked all around the car to assess it. He then asked me if I'm sure that I want the entire car painted; so I asked him why. He said he didn't think it needed to be done, but I said that I want the entire car painted. I said that I wanted the discoloration of the roof on the back driver side repaired and blend the paint so it matches.

** saw where on the passenger side there was a dent to be repaired, the front and rear bumper repaired and painted and the rest of the car had residue of sap from a tree that I wanted removed and painted as well as the hood repaired and painted. So we went in to see which paint I wanted and we decided on the urethane coating which is 699.00 plus tax. He figured it out and scheduled it for Monday August 7 which was the day I started my vacation. I asked him how long it would take to complete and he said Friday August 11. I asked him because I would need to rent a car until it was finished.

So I took my car there August 7 at 7:30 am where ** was waiting for me (I guess). He asked me again if I really wanted to get the whole car painted, so I asked him again why he asked me that. He said that they couldn't match the paint exactly so he reassessed it and came up with the quote of 663.42. I pressed him to confirm that my car would be ready on Friday. So Enterprise came to pick me up and I signed the contract for four days car rental.

So Friday morning came and I haven't heard from Maaco, so I called them and ** answered. I told him who I am and asked if my car was ready and he said no. I reminded him that he told me that it would be ready on Friday, then he said, "We'll get right on it." So I called Enterprise and told them my dilemma and they kindly extended me the weekly rate and said they would charge me only for the extra day(s). I then called Maaco and told them that they are responsible for the extra day. He said that he would have to check with his manager, hence I called the corporate office and I spoke with ** who is the district manager and told her what I had been dealing with.

She assured me that she would look into it for me. I went to pick my car up Monday August 14, a week later. It was raining when I arrived and I couldn't tell what was done. ** came out and I pointed out to him the roughness of the roof and I said that I'd bring it back another day. I called the next day when I felt the quarters of the car and it still had the sap residue and discoloration on the roof. When I got there that Wednesday ** and ** acted annoyed that I brought the car back and treated me poorly. I took ** and ** to my car and showed them; that's when ** disputed me that I didn't tell him about the spot on the roof but he couldn't explain why the sap hadn't been sanded/buffed. So he reluctantly wrote an invoice for the roof because he didn't charge me for that, which I felt I shouldn't have been charged for it since it was his inattentiveness that was the reason it wasn't done. Hence I had to rent another car for this to be done.

So on Saturday August 19 I went in to drop off my car, and ** who knew that I would be coming was at the desk. And without even looking up he curtly said, "We're closed" and I reminded him that I was leaving my car for the repairs to be done. I rented a car for another 4 days and I went to pick it up Wednesday August 23 and the sap is still there but the spot on the roof was done and the roof was painted. I showed them the hood had scratches on it also. I then noticed that my remote to my car wouldn't lock my car so I thought it was just a malfunction.

I took the remote to a jeweler August 25 to see if it needed a battery. He opened the compartment and he told me that it had water in it. I guess someone submerged it in water as my punishment for bringing the car back. Thus I had to go to Buick to get another remote which costs 201.16. I told ** what had happened and she said she would talk with **. I made an appointment to see **, manager Monday August 28 at 1 pm. When I got there everyone seemed annoyed that they had to see me again. So we went out to look at the car where I pointed out the sap, scratches on hood and paint chipping from the front bumper as well as scratches on the rear bumper.

** and ** wanted to blame me for the paint chipping and the scratches on the hood. He verbally agreed to do wet sand, and buff the rest of the car, remove the scratches on the bumper and blend paint. So we scheduled it for Thursday August 31 and I would pick the car up Saturday September 2, so I rented the third car for 2 days. They know that I get off from work at noon and they said that they will stay open until I get there.

I contacted ** again to let her know I was still having problems with them and I would not come to Maaco again even if I had to pay more to get my car painted. So I got there to get my car around 12:29 pm. When I arrived there were no cars in the lot so I went to the door and it was locked. I walked around back where the gate was opened and saw my car parked between two cars, then I knocked on the front door and no one answered. I walked to the back again when I noticed the trunk was open, that's when ** came out and said that I wasn't supposed to be back there where I told him that the front door was locked and I was picking up my car. He then said he didn't know what ** had told me. I told him that they should communicate better.

I texted ** to let her know I was there. ** took his sweet time bringing my car to me. He took at least 15 minutes, and after he brought the car out of the gate he then took his time to take pictures of the car, which he should have done that earlier. I finally got the car and the quarters of the car still felt rough like it did July 18. I decided that I was finished with Maaco. I also discovered that I am not able to open the trunk manually, so I don't know what they did but I contacted ** to ask her to call me because I would not deal with ** anymore. It rained today September 5 and after the rain the quarters felt smoother but not like the other areas that were painted and buffed better.

So to recap I had to make 5 trips there and back, car rental three times and spend 201.16 for a new car remote. I spent over 800.00 for the paint job, 300.00 for car rental. With all of these expenses I spent more for a full body paint that I didn't get, so the moral of this story is to save your money and go to a "reputable" paint and body shop. If you go online you will see many Maaco reviews across the country. This shop is 2450 S Military Trail West Palm Beach FL 33415. Thank you ** for your help, but you can't babysit each body shop.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I brought in my 2000 Toyota Sienna XLE in for a estimate. He comes outside and looks at the car and say, "We don't do body work." In my head I was like, "You guys don't do body work?" Uhmm. So I reply, "Uhmm alright but my car is damaged." He replies, "We can't fix it." And walks back in the building! My car was recently in a car accident in the front where my front reinforce the was bent back to smashed my radiator support. It smashed my hood in and pushed both my fenders back to where the door and fender meets and rub against each other. What type of place calls themselves Maaco Auto Body Work... and can't even fix my car? Uhmm.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I took my car to Maaco to repaint my driver side of the door, which required buffing down scratches before painting. I dropped my SUV off Tuesday at 12:30. They told me it would be done by Thursday, I called Thursday and they said it will be done Saturday by 12. Therefore, I put in a request to keep the rental car until Saturday. I was called Friday 1 1/2 hours before closing to come and pick up my SUV. I told them that wasn't enough notice to run up there (30 min away) so they said "be here Saturday by 9 am." I was there Saturday at 8:30. At 9 the young lady told me my car wasn't done and that they needed another 30 min. I waited, and they drove the car up while I went inside to pay. When I came out my wife was upset. White stuff was all in the inside on the floor and on the seats. It looked like they buffed the SUV while the windows were down.

Nothing was put on the floor to protect my floor mats. There were footprints on the driver side, the passenger side and back floor. The paint job was horrible. The dark black is not the same as the black on my SUV. My SUV has a black tone with small sparklers in it. You can see the different color black. Still I was like, "Okay we will just get it painted again somewhere else."

Then my wife got in the car and noticed my front window was busted. We called the lady out and she said maybe we brought it in like that. WE DIDN'T. She said she will have to look at the camera to see if we brought it in like that, I said great. However, they didn't really have cameras directed at the angles she said. She told me to go home and they will contact me. I refused to leave without calling my insurance company who said to also make a police report. I heard nothing from corporate or this lady re-guiding my busted window. The only thing I can do now is pay for my window and sue them in small claims court. I guess I wouldn't be this upset if someone acted like they cared. No calls no nothing, as if this never happened.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

Brought my Honda Accord to get painted. After a couple of months paint fell off entirely. Asked about the paints warranty was told we had none as the current manager was different now. Was being cheap and brought my truck there for paint. Paint bubbled, Truck is now rusting and besides the areas not painted the roof is rusting as well. Wasn't before either. I have nothing to stand on as they all talk out of both sides of their mouths. Rip off artists. Shady as a Palm Tree. Mr Maaco obviously doesn't give a rats ** about his name on the franchise.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I used Maaco to repair the front bumper of my car due to collision, that was in February / March, 2017. They charged the insurance company a lot of money ($3028.94), claiming they are ordering original parts to fix it. It includes replacing the bumper and painting it to the original color of the car. They got fully paid. After Repair, they told me that their repair have a lifetime warranty. In less than 6 months, I noticed the paint is already coming off. I took it back to them for repaint of the part coming off, they were so ferocious and rude, boasting they would not repaint it. It was the worst customer service and breach of warranty that I ever know. Please NEVER take your car to this people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maaco?

Original review: July 18, 2017

Took my 99 CR-V to the Maaco shop in Glen Allen, Va. Lakin, the store manager admitted to me that his employees had damaged the roof rack on my car when reassembling it after a very poor paint job. Said he would fix it and find parts to repair it with. When he found out that he would have to replace the rack because parts were not available, he stopped answering my calls and now a month later has done nothing to correct the matter.

Original review: July 8, 2017

The Negative: After inspecting the issues with my car after a full paint job, here is a full list of feedback: overspray on lower fog lights, overspray on right front turn signal, overspray on top hood channel inlets, overspray on left driver rear view mirror plastic, 2 inch deep scratch in black driver door window panel, masking tape left in various places, slightly bent $250 key fob, key fob no longer closes properly, full overspray on the 2 front radiators, not just a little paint but completely covered in thick paint causing radiators to absorb less air through fins which can potentially overheat the car, the left passenger door has a 2 x 2 foot clear plastic film (to protect from small rocks) that was painted over and looks terrible.

When we went over the initial estimate, Maaco clearly mentioned they do not paint over plastic surfaces (exact wording, not "plastic bumpers" or anything different). This led me to believe they would not paint over this plastic film. Unfortunately, they painted over it so now it looks completely different than the rest of the car. Cracked and bubbly.

Have attempted to approach the owner on 2 occasions regarding the plastic film issue. He mentioned he can fix the plastic surface for an additional charge.

In my opinion, this is unreasonable and should have been initially addressed. With Maaco's experience, one would expect they have encountered these small clear plastic films in the past. Matter of fact, the owner confirmed they have seen these before once I approached him. And knew they look terrible when painted.

Knowing this, you would think a paint shop would at least contact the customer before painting over it. I would have been happy to pay additional charges before to remove the plastic film. It would have taken exactly 3 minutes to heat it up with a blow dryer and peel it off, then wipe the glue off. After discussing the issue with the owner, he mentioned they left the film on there because I did not specifically ask for it to be removed. As I am not a licensed paint engineer that knows how surfaces react to paint, I was leaning on them for expertise and advice for the money they got paid.

The owner (Josh) also seemed upset when I asked for the issue to be corrected and if possible to speak to the franchise owner. The exact reply was: "I am the owner. You come in here trying to go over my head over something you should have known?!" A reasonable person would have reviewed the work order and seen that "remove clear plastic film" was not on there, and asked for it to be removed if wanted. What are you gonna do, sue me? Go ahead." This response leads me to believe this is not the first time they do this. Before going here, I strongly encourage you to read the many other negative reviews on www.consumeraffairs.com, ** , Facebook and **.

The Positive: other than the issues listed above, rest of paint looks good, the Preferred MAACOVER paint job has a 3 year warranty, they completed the job within 4 business days, they provided the paint job at a lower price initially (however, he did quote $400 for 8 hours of prep work to remove the hood and top, which seems high for something that would take 1 hr). Overall, a lot of time, money and energy wasted, for the car to look less than desired / what was paid for. Have two friends that needed to get their cars repainted and will not be recommending this place.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I took my car to MAACO in Stockbridge Georgia. I was told to drop it off on Monday and it would be ready on Friday. I needed the left fender, rear bumper and spoiler repainted. The left fender and spoiler looked ok. The rear bumper was repaired, but wasn't painted entirely. It was like they did a rush job. They also chipped my front bumper and said it was like that once I brought it in. There was also over-spray on the driver side bumper.

The worst part was their customer service skills. One lady did not want me to inspect my car back. She said it was hot outside. Once I spoke to the manager, she was complaining that her husband had an emergency and needed to get off the phone. Let's see what it's going to look like when they finish. However up to this point, I am not impressed. Furthermore, you cannot file a complaint with corporate because the voicemail is full. I see why. Please do yourself a favor and try someone / anyone else because you will be disappointed. I guess you get what you pay for. Cheap price for cheap service.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I live in the San Antonio, TX area and had my 2002 Ford F150 painted by Maaco. Now mind you my truck is an 2002. I did not expect perfection on my truck. Just a decent paint job. My truck's roof was delaminated and past the primer. It had rust and I was worried that eventually it would rust all the way through and water would start getting in causing worse problems. This is my daily driver. Now my truck was in pretty bad shape paint wise. All original paint from the manufacturer. It was a two tone paint job from the manufacturer. To keep it cheap I decided to go one color... All white. It was white with a bottom beige color.

I paid $1300 even. They did a decent sand job and fixed some dings it had but not all of them. My main concern was the rusted roof area and a scrape that some person did at Walmart. A hit and run. I went with a urethane with clear coat mixed in not the urethane + IC. I am satisfied big time compared to the way the truck looked. I wasn't going to pay $3,000-$6,000 for a paint job. In that case I would just buy another used car. I would never take a 2010 or newer vehicle to Maaco.

In my situation it worked out. The age of my truck and the way its paint job looked Maaco did a fantastic job with my truck. It looks good all white and in way better shape than before. I went in knowing Maaco doesn't do perfect paint jobs. I removed almost all black plastic trim that I avoid over spray. I got lucky that they did a really good tape job. Could they have done a better sanding and paint job... Sure but I've gotten many good compliments since being painted. Plus all the black trim I removed I cleaned and painted black myself before reinstallation. So my truck looks really clean now. I'm satisfied.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I got an estimate for rust repair and paint work from the MAACO franchise on Highway 78 in Loganville, GA on May 30th, 2017. They told me to bring it in the next day, they'd have to have it for 6 calendar days. They also told me they'd call and keep me updated on progress if for some reason they could not meet the time frame. I was okay with that, but after 8 days when I hadn't heard anything, I called and was told it would be painted that day and available that evening. Which it wasn't. I was told they'd call to confirm that it'd be ready that evening - they didn't.

Over the next two weeks, I was told at various times that they'd painted the base coat and were waiting to paint the clear coat (I had only bought a one-coat, cheaper job), that they needed to re-sand and repaint due to scratches, that the metallic ran in my paint and it would need repainted, and told on three other occasions that it would be ready that evening - which it never was. I asked at each of these contacts (which I made myself as they never called me unsolicited) that they call me and let me know of progress and when I could pick it up - they never did.

After 21 days without my car, I called corporate and spoke to Jasmine, who said she'd look into it. I got a call shortly after from the franchise, telling me my car would be ready the next day. I told them I would not accept the car back without a 25% discount off the bill, which they agreed to. My car wasn't ready the next day, but was ready the following day. They didn't call me, again I had to call them. When I went to pay, they attempted to give me $50 off the bill, when they'd agreed to $210. They finally adjusted the 25%, and my car initially looks okay. It's not the right color, too light, doesn't appear to have ANY metallic in it at all, and they did not replace the pinstripes. But I'm tired of all this business by now, just want my car back and to get out of there, so I get in it to start it. And it turns out that, while they've had it, they tripped the anti-theft alarm in the car and it has to be towed to the dealer.

The manager, a young rude kid, tried to tell me it wasn't their responsibility - I told them it HAD to be. If it was like that when I brought it in, I couldn't have brought it in! They refused to help with the towing, or even to recommend anyone that maybe they deal with so I could get a break - nothing. Fortunately, I was able to get the anti-theft bypassed, had a friend jump my car (they couldn't even do that!), and was able to get out of there.

Heart of the matter is, don't use this MAACO location in Loganville, Georgia. It is a newer franchise, don't know who owns it but I only ever talked to and saw young, early 20's kids, who are irresponsible, unaccountable and have literally no customer service skills or concern for a customer. They do not care about your car, your job or your needs. If you elect to have work done there, I'm sure you will regret it. By far, the worst customer service experience I've ever had in 58 years. Spend a little more and get real quality work done... someplace else.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I did an inspection on my car to learn it was just put back together. I have parts missing refurbished parts that I thought were going to be new. I am puzzled how this is satisfactory and acceptable. I would like a full refund of my money. I am a dissatisfied customer. I highly recommend BBB investigate this business. I would not recommend this business to anyone. Any future accidents, I will take to dealership.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I called Maaco in Gainesville Florida to have my pickup truck painted. I was told to come in on Saturday before 12pm to get an estimate. When I got there around 11pm, they were closed. I went back on Monday and the owner and the secretary kept saying "There was nothing to do so we closed." I then explained I had an appointment at their shop and it was a forty mile round trip wasted. Once again they just laughed it off saying "There was nothing to do so we closed the shop and went home"... disgusted... to be continued!

Original review: May 26, 2017

First they drove my car around without my consent. I took pictures of odometer before and after dropping it off for painting. Second they turned my ac and music on blast and left it. Third they left a piece from someone else's vehicle in my car. I'm hoping it's not from my own vehicle. The bumper paint job doesn't really match the rest of my vehicle as I was promised and paid for. I would never recommend them to anyone and will discourage all my friends and family to go elsewhere. I was rear ended by an uninsured driver and had to pay out of pocket for the repairs just to get burned on the paint job as well. I'm a very unhappy camper right now. Lastly they broke the key fob. It's going to cost me for replacing key fob on top of another paint job in the near future.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Since your customer service submission form doesn't seem to work I will be sending this here and requesting it be forwarded to the proper department for review and response. This was our first and very last experience with Maaco. My boyfriend and I dropped our car off on May 11th in Pawtucket, RI, they told us a week ahead of time that it typically takes 3 days to do what we needed done to our back bumper on our new car. Due to my boyfriend's schedule they promised us they could get it done in two days as long as we were able to drop the car off first thing in the morning on May 11, so we did. We planned on picking the car up Friday right before closing time. We heard nothing all day Friday, so we called and they said it should be finished around 3. We finally received a call around 3:30 saying someone was hurt and the car was unable to be finished and we couldn't pick it up until Monday.

So what was initially supposed to be a 3 day job went from being a 2 day job and ultimately ended up being a 5 day job. This chain of events lead to my boyfriend not being able to work his 6 hour shift at work on Friday, a loss of about 80 dollars. We then had to rent a car for two days so he could get to work Sunday and Monday. Maaco did cover the cost of our rental which is helpful but what happens next is why I'm writing this message. When we finally got to pick the car up on Monday not only were we out 80 dollars from his missed shift but we had to pay a family member to drive all over the place to bring him to and from the rental place, his house, to Maaco twice.

We pick the car up Monday and the battery is dead, WHY? What we needed done was body work. The car was literally purchased a month ago. Never had a battery issue and is a certified 2014 Camry. If the battery was no good they would have replaced it when we purchased the car ONE MONTH AGO. Anyways, we take the car home finally and my 11 year old daughter had left THREE dollars in her little cup holder area in the back and it was gone. Seriously? Someone had to steal 3 measly dollars out of the back of our car? I feel stupid even complaining about it but I feel like I need to because all of this has been such a bad experience but I cannot believe someone would take 3 dollars from someone's vehicle. Totally ridiculous.

I will forever forbid him from bringing out car there for anything ever again. So disappointed in all of this and just at a loss. It was the most frustrating and disappointing experience. And now I will have to find another place to do body work since we planned on having the hood of the car painted after the summer. But not here, no way. Wish I could give ZERO stars.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Dropped my car off to have urethane paint with clear coat over urethane paint. This is a more expensive paint job thus making car look better. Fast forward to day of pick up. When I picked up car I was informed that my car had received a lower quality paint job. This was done without my consent. Also I am aware that there will be some overspray but it was excessive on my vehicle's wheels which I had just purchased prior to have car painted. I was also told that my car could be picked up SAT between 10 am - 12 noon. When I arrived the business was closed. When I called on Monday to inquire about this the response was there was construction blocking the entrance. This was NOT true as I and several other customers were waiting to enter the business at opening. Needless to say my experience with Maaco was not a pleasant one and will not return as a customer nor will I recommend them to anyone else.

Original review: March 23, 2017

The guy at the front desk (** guy with scruffy beard) didn't care if I got car fixed there or not. Was rude gave me a bogus quote 3 hrs for a door replacement. It only took 15 min to take off. I'll never do business with him EVER. I got a quote that was cheaper for a paint job than the quote he gave. If you don't like your job quit.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

Jefferson Davis HWY Richmond Va - My husband and I came in for a total change color on his car. The 2 men at the desk were great. They answered our questions and provided great customer service. However, once we went to pick up the car, we had a few issues. 1st they couldn't find his license plates. Ok no biggie. Things happen. Then when the guy working on the car put them on, they didn't put on the rear license plate cover. Ok wait, wait, wait for them to find that and get that put on. Next, his back seats had muddy footprints all over the outer edges. I don't know about car painting so maybe they need to get into the backseat for easier access to whatever they cover up not being painted BUT the footprints were very noticeable on the leather seats so why don't you use shoe covers or at the very least, clean the seats!!

The footprints were hard to miss. When we got into the car, we noticed the CD had been changed. He has a 6 cd changer and when we dropped off the car the day before he had just bought a cd and had been listening to it...now there was another CD in the changer. Also alarming was that when we turned the car on, the stereo was blasting which was not how we left it. Yes the radio was left "on" when we turned the car off but it was certainly NOT with the stereo blasting. As we drove off from picking up the car, we noticed the speakers now had a rattle to them and were not clear. Thought maybe something shifted when they moved things around for the paint job so we went on home. Later that day when we went to drive the car, the speakers continued to rattle and the music was distorted.

As of yesterday, the speaker does not work! However the CD was mysteriously changed and the volume mysteriously put on blast, caused the speakers to go out. These are good quality Bose speakers and nothing wrong with them before we went to MAACO. I bring this to your attention as you may want to reiterate the importance of not messing with customer's things, just do the job they are paid to do. I can't prove MAACO did it. I realize this but I know the condition we left the car, the cd player and the speakers and now we have to replace the speakers because one doesn't even play. We made an appointment to bring my car in to have the color changed at the beginning of the month but seeing that now we have to spend unnecessary money to buy new speakers, we will get my car painted somewhere else once we get the speakers replaced.

Yes, you offer a great deal with 50% paint jobs, but it is a great deal when we have to buy a new Bose speaker which ultimately costs more than the 50% we saved from the paint job? We are just one set of customers in the bigger picture of your yearly business so my issue may not be considered significant to a big corporation but to us, you have lost future business, as my husband owns several trucks for his business that need bodywork and paint jobs which will not be brought to MAACO nor will we refer anyone. Again, one customer may not affect your bottom line but I thought it important to bring this to your attention.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

Bought in a simple paint job. Marietta, Georgia location store #M2390 1350 S Marietta PKWY SE 30067. The estimator was not confident in what he was doing. The 2009 crown vic needed simple fill in on left quarter panel and was written up to restore to good looking condition. The shop called and said the car was ready for pick up. Inspecting the car found heavy overspray to the right wheel/hubcap (all wheels were like new condition when vehicle dropped off) and heavy gouges to the front header panel and the quarter panel was never worked to the right up. The car was painted with repair not done and surface was rough. I Regret ever using MAACO. What a mistake that was Marietta, GA location shop .Could not accept the poor work performed and car was left on Maaco paint property. ** the shop manager has not resolved the poor work performed yet. I would not use them. Never again. BAD experience.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Repair of a 94 Jeep Cherokee took 2 months, 4 times longer than 'promised'. I had to provide parts they couldn't find, they installed wrong parts, they tore the headliner and refused to fix, claiming I couldn't prove it. 'Jeep' and 'Cherokee' logos were missing when told jeep was ready, and engine and inside of jeep were dusty from paint, again promised to be clean when picked up. The salesman is a pathological liar. DO NOT USE MAACO!!!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I had my 2003 black Kia Spectra painted black at Maaco. It was an $800.00 paint job on special for $400.00. It ended up being $723.00 after the primer and sanding the bumpers. They estimated taking out the dents at $1000.00 which I declined. It came out beautiful!!! I am very pleased! The dents hardly show and it looks like a brand new car. Thank you Maaco. Also they estimated it would take 3 days and it did.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

In August I took my 1995 Toyota Avalon to have the dents removed and painted. I had to take my car back on 3 different times due to the work not being done properly. On August 23rd, I took my car back because one of their employees spilled white paint on the trunk of my car and as a courtesy the owner at the Hensley location in Richmond rented me a car from Hertz rent a car on San Pablo Dam Road. Since then I've received a bill from Hertz in the amount of $32.55 where MAACO didn't pay the bill. In addition, the manager there has the worst customer service ever. She never returns calls when she says she will and staff has a poor attitude. I will never use them again!!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I took my 2005 Explorer in to have the roof painted and a rear panel painted and put on. The paint job was horrific and the panel was not glued properly. I brought the vehicle back three times. This place is a chop shop! I was charged too much for the job which was to this day not done properly. The owner goes along with his employee (Tom) which is a liar and con. They overcharge and cannot put a car back together after they take them apart. I won my complaint with BBB. Read the reviews on the Maaco website. The company hires someone to control what is put on their reviews. I could not put a complaint on their website. Do Not take your car there!!!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

I came here to have the whole front half of my car painted. The website states "With our attention to detail, you'll fall in love with your car again." Well, on the contrary, here's how they pay attention to detail: there was overspray on headlights and other parts of the car because no masking was done, when we checked the bumper it was painted on the face front but they forgot to paint the top, sides, and lower part of the bumper (I mean it. It's 3-D and you HAVE to paint all angles of it) and so many other details were passed over that I could have done the same job but better in a painting booth. I am very unsatisfied and deeply disappointed in the quality of work that I received at Maaco. I will NEVER have them paint my car again and I will NOT recommend Maaco for any painting service to anybody that I know. I actually "fell out of love with the car" after I saw the paint work.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

Recently had my car (2010 Cadillac) painted at the Modesto, CA location. When I initially obtained an estimate, I was shown a vehicle that had just been painted as an example of the quality of work that I would receive. The resulting job had several air bubbles and or dust particles all over vehicle. When my concerns were brought to the attention of the owner, I was quoted the "imperfection clause" and that all cars are not the same. The paint job was totally unacceptable and I will pursue legal action. When I picked up the vehicle, the smell of alcohol was on the owner. Do not patronize this establishment.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

I received an insurance claims check and took it to Maaco. The price was less 500 for my repairs meaning I should have been refunded. They initially told me that it would take 3 days to fix my car, they had it for 7, which left me carless. The owner kept telling me I would receive my refund in 2-3 business days. That time passed, no check. Over the next 4 weeks I was in contact every week and they kept giving me the runaround. Making promises every week that my check would arrive. 10/27/16, they told of my payment wasn't in the mail by the weekend to come in 10/31 and they would give me cash. I went and of course there was another excuse. I was once again told that the check would be cut and I would have it by today. Guess what? No check.

It's been a month and no one can tell me where my money is. The check cleared weeks ago. The work is great, but the unethical practices are absurd. I will be filing a lawsuit against Maaco. They are liars and crooks. Please pay in cash, with the correct amount and not a penny over. I also ended up calling the police who didn't help any, and the store manager started calling me horrible names. I was patient and kind. That was very upsetting as a customer. I will never do business with them Again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

Was quoted a price that doubled and then some. Found runs in new job plus dirt under the paint, worse job I've ever seen. Was told "let paint dry then runs could be fixed better after it dried." Never had to let paint dry before from other shops. The owner also lost my key 175.00 key! Never go to Maaco in Salisbury, Maryland. Good customer service but, poor paint job and extremely expensive. Give part of my money back I'll give order number. Had to pay 3,359.59 cash per owner so I was inconvenienced by going to bank.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

Paint - Maaco sucks. How can it take you 3 days to paint 2015 Toyota front bumper? Then you call to find out what's going on. This guy name Michael ** with attitude trying tell me he's doing me a favor.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

First off I'll point out I work in the automotive industry and am very familiar with paint and body work. I purchased a factory spoiler for my car and brought it to Maaco to have it painted. They called me the following day and told me it was done. When I got there the service advisor (maybe owner) asked me to unlock the car so he could load the wing in it. I thought he was going to bring it out through the front but for some reason he brought it out the back and started trying to load it in the car without me knowing.

I went out and immediately noticed the paint had blisters in it that popped while pressing them. I asked about them. He told me "that's normal, it's because it's a aftermarket wing." I told him that was unacceptable and explained it wasn't a aftermarket wing anyway. He said "well we can take it inside and talk to Peter, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing he's going to do".

As we got inside his temper started to show as he was swinging the spoiler around like it was a yoga ball. He ended up hitting a desk with it chipping the paint. As that happened Peter came out and asked what's up then said "oh well that wing needed a lot of body work done which he didn't ask to be done". (Keep in mind this wing is a factory wing which was primered it needed absolutely no body work).

When he was informed it was now chipped due to the advisor they agreed it would need to be redone. Two days later I receive a call that it was done. I go to pick it up. He has me sign the paperwork before releasing the wing. I receive the wing and immediately noticed runs on the bottom of it. Not feeling like another argument I load it in the car and bring it to the shop to install it when I noticed they managed to break the mounting bolt on the inside of the wing. I resolved that issue and mounted it then noticed the runs in the paint were so low that it was hitting the paint on the car. The pressure caused the paint to Crack and start peeling off the wing.

I brought the car to them to show them this time. I spoke to someone else who acknowledged the problem and asked me to drop the car off and let them remove the spoiler paint it and put it back on. I didn't feel comfortable going that route and so we agreed I could just bring the spoiler back the next business day and have it repainted.

The following day I bring the spoiler back and deal with the first service advisor who immediately brings me outside away from the other customers. He asked me what was wrong. I showed him the run. He looked at it then picked it off with his fingernail and said "that wasn't a run, in the paint." I then said, "Look. Here's another one." And again he grabs the cracked part of paint and breaks it off then tells me "oh that wasn't a run either, that's the fiberglass breaking off the wing."

I reminded him it wasn't a fiberglass wing then asked him to look at the spot. He just pulled off to see it was smooth primer not broken fiberglass. I then told him I was told to bring it in and have it redone. His response was "the only way that's getting done again is if you have it prepped and ready to be painted, and if you have a complaint after that I'll never spray anything for you or your business." Then handed the wing back to me turned around and walked inside.

I called maacos main number to find out if I could go to another location to have it looked and fixed. They asked me what happened. I explained. They told me they would get back to me within 2-3 days with a answer on another location. A week passed and so far the only call that was received was from the service advisor who called me employment to harass my boss about the whole ordeal. In the end I took it to another body shop to have it done. Don't throw your money out, go to another body shop.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

We took our son's car to Maaco to have some small body work done, paid to have the best paint job they offer done, and to have a new windshield put in since the seal was leaking on the one in the car. We paid a total of $2,000+ for everything and they had the car for almost 3 weeks. When we picked the car up, it was raining so we couldn't see any flaws. Got home, got out of the car, shut the car door, and the windshield cracked. We called Maaco right away and they told us to bring it in the next day.

The next day when there was no rain we looked the car over before we took it back to Maaco and noticed that there was a thumbprint in the paint on the rear bumper, there were places all over the area around the wheel well where the paint did not adhere, 2 spots on the driver's side front fender where the Bondo was showing through the paint, and swirl marks all over the trunk, plus we noticed that they never put the Honda civic EX logo back on the car. My husband went to put the key in the door to open it and the entire lock assembly fell inside the door! We took the car back to Maaco and showed the manager, Anthony, all the spots where there were bad flaws on the car. His response was, "Well, Safelite put the windshield in and obviously didn't put it in right so they will have to come fix it, and Maaco will repair the thumbprint, swirl marks on the trunk, and Bondo spots, but will NOT fix the marks near the wheel well.

He told me outright that HIS PEOPLE didn't clean the oil off the area right, which made the paint not adhere, they call it fisheye, but refused to fix THEIR mistake. After telling him that I will file a lawsuit to have it fixed he agreed to fix it. We went to get the car back AGAIN, and the paint was somewhat fixed because there were still clearly visible swirl marks in the paint, some little popped paint bubbles that left marks... When we asked about the door lock and the Honda logo, we were told that they didn't do that to the door lock, even though it was fine when we took it there and they DID take it out to paint it. We were told that the car never had Honda logos on it so we showed him pictures of it when we dropped it off which clearly showed it did have them on. We, out of complete frustration, just left and my husband fixed the lock and bought new Honda logos.

We had the car for less than 1 week, my husband checked the oil, and when he closed the hood, NOT slammed it, closed it normally, a big chip of paint fell off of the hood lip. AGAIN, we had to call Maaco. The manager said it was our fault... My husband, an ASE certified auto tech for over 15 years, told him, the paint should never just crack and fall off from closing the hood and has never happened to him in all the years he has worked on vehicles. After acting like we did something wrong, they agreed to fix it.

By this time, we had the car to them 4 times and were fed up with their horrible work. My son had the car about 7 months and then sold it, and at the time of sale, the paint still had swirls all over it, bubble spots, large pieces of paint cracked off around headlights, and cracks in the paint. I will NEVER take anything to Maaco to be painted and will NEVER recommend them to anyone! Save yourself the hassle and go somewhere else if you want a quality paint job.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

Ordered 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander painted a cream color with the urethane upgrade. Original color was silver. Hood and front of roof had to be stripped as the original coating had cracked. Roof and side panel painting was satisfactory. However, the hood exhibits many small bumps and almost pinhole type imperfections. You can feel it when running your hand over the hood and viewing the vehicle under the garage lights. How long is it until the hood paint needs a redo? So much for the $220.00 worth of prep work.

We wanted the door jams to remain in their unblemished silver colors as they match all the interior trim and seating surfaces and look nice with the new exterior color. From the hood to the rear lift gate the masking was done with precision. The door jams were fully protected from overspray. However, when the tailgate is opened the interior silver rear-facing panels were the victim of callous overspray of the new exterior color. It is tacky and reduces the value of the vehicle. There was no reason for this and, obviously, there is no quality control. No one cared.

I didn't sign the customer completion satisfaction certificate. We were not able to fully inspect all the work at the Maaco shop as the first waves of Florida's first tropical storm of the season were fast approaching. We discovered the shoddy work as soon as we garaged the car and were able to do a full inspection. It is obvious that the incomplete surface prep work on the hood was not an oversight. It just wasn't completed. Given the care taken in the masking of the rest of the vehicle it is puzzling why the rear panels were so carelessly sprayed (they are now two-tone) and no one cared. We should have read the many revealing reviews before leaving our nice vehicle in the hands of Maaco. Yep, they got our money, we got an inferior job.

Maaco Company Information