Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

206 Maaco Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Maaco ruined my truck. They said I would not see any paint on my trim. Every single piece of trim is partially painted. My grill, lights, bed liner and many under truck components all painted. They got white paint on my leather interior as well. I have never experienced a shop so bad with so little remorse. Despite a 5 year warranty I will not bring my truck in despite the fact a year later pint is peeling off. Wish I could give these guys -100 stars.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Since August Josh was supposed to call to get a supplement. After calling and leaving various emails I found out from insurance he'd never called. Finally got everything sorted out or so I thought, took my vehicle in on a Monday morning. Come Friday I was told insurance still hadn't approved supplement, I went for my truck as they do not work weekends. Several of my sons belonging were missing, belongings that were in the glove box as well, they had no business in the glove box. We were not told to empty out vehicle as they claim and we didn't know they had thieves working for them. At least 10 dollars in change, my sons baseball bat, his iPhone charger and a baseball bat flashlight. Instead of questioning employees they stated it was our fault for leaving belongings in vehicle. And it wasn't even worked on so it shouldn't of been touched, never again.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Less than a year ago I had my 1998 Toyota Camry painted by Maaco. The paint on the bumper is has cracked with lines in it. My husband went on the 24th of September and spoke with Omar, who stated to bring the car back on Monday and they would take care of the problem, as it is still under the one year warranty. We dropped the car off on Sunday, Sept. 30, for Monday job completion. I just called to inquire about the status of the car today at 2:30 pm 10/01/2018, Irving states that my car is not under warranty and that the bumper requires body work and that they never touched my bumper, that they only did the rear passenger door. I asked him several times if he was confusing me with someone else, he stated no.

I told him that they painted my entire car. I also, asked why they had not begun work. He claims they have tried calling my husband several times and he hasn't answered. I informed Irving that I spoke with my husband about an hour ago and he had not received any calls from them. He had no missed calls and that is why I was calling. Irving goes on to say that we have no warranty. I told him I would contact my husband and he will be calling them and that they need to honor the warranty. In the middle of my sentence Irving hung up on me. Total lack of professionalism. I will never use Maaco again. Maaco gives you the runaround and do not stand behind their work. They make excuses and continuous try to charge you extra money. Lucky for me Maaco, I have all my paperwork, even the last one from Omar, so get it right or get ready. And I have no problem sharing this story with any and everybody on social media.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Brought my older truck to get a paint job. It was a flat black with 3 small rust holes. We were told they cannot warranty the paint due to the current paint and they don't strip down. They did state it would be car show quality. To my surprise, they would not only not warranty their paint but they won't warranty their workmanship.

Both the Fridley, MN shop and corporate headquarters would not correct or refund their workmanship flaws. The flaws include missed paint spots, paint chips like a tool hit the new paint and severe paint runs. When I pointed out the paint runs, one worker agreed these were paint runs and would need to be fixed. The store manager argued these were flaws part of my car even though I have pictures showing a smooth body before their work. They agreed to fix the paint chip but really only applied some paint without the sealer or smoothing. For the paint chip, they literally gave me some touch up paint for me to correct myself. When I pointed out the missing sealcoat, their solution was for me to use clear finger nail polish. It really shows me a company who really doesn't respect cars, know what they are doing and don't care for the customer. Think twice before using Maaco.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Car was not ready on time. I was told I would get $50 back if the car wasn't ready after a week's time and it was not given. Brought car back because the driver door and back door were not lined up as promised. Never got my money back. I had to take my car to another place to get the door fixed right. MAACO made car worse. Air and rain coming through. Received attitude and they lied and tried to blame me for the car door. I don't even have the tools to remove the parts. So Maaco ripped me off $150 dollars. They had paint on the door handle and a few spots where it dripped. I paid over $3000 dollars. I don't see the two coats. Rip off. I know it was because I was a woman. Another woman had to bring back her car because it was not done correctly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maaco?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I brought my pick up in for some body work and a paint job. They told me it would take up to 10 days to finish. Also, I was told that I would be upgraded to the best paint job ($700 and change) because they were having a social promotion. Two weeks later I went by to find out what was taking so long. I was told that they needed until Friday to finish. Two days later (Wednesday) they called and said they were through. I went in to find that they had only painted the parts of the truck that were repaired and nothing else. I was told then that if I wanted a whole truck paint job that it would cost much more. I feel duped.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I took my 1990 Buick Reatta to Maaco in myrtle beach for midlevel paint job. When I picked my car up, paid the charge. Upon inspection I noticed that door jams were not painted, I was told that would be an additional $400.00. Door jams are not included in estimate, that seems weird because how do you give an estimate for whole car with door jams not included and why not tell the customer that up front. Once I arrived home I noticed that two spots on front, not hood but that little piece at the bottom (made of rubber or hard plastic) it looked like they had painted over a spider web or something... I immediately called and was told to bring the car back.

On Monday, I took my car back and was told that this is body damage and there would be an additional charge to repair. The manager/owner said that he would not charge for the paint. My question is if this was body damage, why would the technician paint over it, why was it not brought to my attention initially. This makes no sense to me. After leaving Maaco, I stopped in another body shop to get a second opinion. I was told that this is would not have occurred if the car had been buffed properly. I filed a complaint with Maaco corporate office, received a phone call from Manager of Maaco here in Myrtle Beach who stated "I told you what I am willing to do." This is not acceptable to me and to make matters worst, I'm told that the paint cannot be matched except by Maaco. I will advise everyone I know NOT to use Maaco because of their shoddy work and poor attitude.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Went to Maaco in Laurel. They fix the problem but messed up my car, I took it right back. Mike went under my car because he knew what they had done and said they forgot to put it back. I only told him my car was making a noise and I thought it had a flat. He knew. Now they will not fix what they broke. Never go there!

Original review: July 24, 2018

When I took my van to Maaco to get an estimate on painting it, the salesman quoted me a good price after he walked around it. Then told me it will be ready in about a week. He called me a week later to tell me the van is ready but it's going to cost me an additional $160 to fix the broken rear windshield. I told him the windshield wasn't broken when I brought the van to the shop and added that I find it very strange that he’s calling me a week later after they finished painting it to tell me the windshield is broken. In other words, if the windshield was initially broken, it doesn’t take a week to notice it.

After a long argument, he told me he's going to check with his manager. He called me two days later to inform me the van is ready and they fixed the rear windshield. I noticed while I was checking my van that they missed fixing two major dents. When I brought that to his attention, he told me the dents were not covered and fixing them will cost more because they have to redo the work all over. He also said that I never asked him to fix them. When I asked him why he didn’t inform me that they cost more when he checked my van, he kept saying that I should have told him to fix the dents and that they lost money on repairing the rear window!

When I asked him about the cost, it was almost the same as for painting the whole car. He wouldn't even give me a discount because he claimed he lost money on the rear windshield (that they broke and wanted me to pay for). I had to wait another week for him to fix the dents. I finally picked up my van and drove it home. When I opened the truck, glass started falling from inside the body of the trunk. So when I returned to Maaco, they told me they didn't have a long hose to suck the broken glass. I told him they had almost a month to get a long hose. He told me they will get the hose by the end of the week. When I asked him why they didn't vacuum the broken glass, he gave me the worst excuse. He said their job is just to replace the glass and not to vacuum it.

Needless to say, I will never go back to that shop because they lie and have the worst customer service. Plus, they will quote you a low price at the beginning to get me in without telling you what that low price would really cover, then they doubled it when you find they missed some areas. Plus, the painting job was not professionally done.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Long wait - Maaco has my car going 17 days and counting. I wish I would have read all the bad reviews Maaco has before I let them paint my car. My bad. Anyone reading these reviews 98% negative reviews red flags people.

Original review: July 10, 2018

3 years ago, I used the Maaco in Tucker GA. I gave them 5 stars in a Google review. Amazing job. This time, it wasn't good. They did 60% of the job. They didn't answer phone calls. I had to drive over there to talk to people, and it is far for me. When I wanted to get the final 40% of the job finished (after paying), I waited for 30 minutes after opening and I left. Don't work with them. Your time is valuable.

Original review: June 8, 2018

A few months ago I got into minor fender bender. With my insurance company I went to Maaco on Williamson road. They quoted me $1500 and that they could take care of the damage in 5-7 business days. I dropped my car off on a Monday after getting into an accident on a Friday. It took them a month to get my car back to me. When I got my car back there was dirt in the clear coat and multiple areas of shoddy workmanship. They also oversprayed into my engine bay. It was very badly done. I went back and spoke to the manager Robert ** and he informed me that this isn’t their way of doing things and they wouldn’t be in business for 8- 9 years if it was. After talking with him we concluded that he would give me back part of my deductible as compensation and would I not leave a bad review for them and would live with the overspray and the defects.

I was good for about a month and noticed the clear coat on my hood was peeling away. I brought it to my insurance company and they reached out to Robert and asked him to contact me and he did not. I instead reached out to him myself and showed him the issues. He saw them and said he wanted to fix the issues. And that people make mistakes. I told him I appreciated his honesty and was willing to give him another chance to fix it. We scheduled my appt Tuesday of last week and I told him that I would have to take time off without my car and would need it back by Friday and he said they could do that. Friday comes I pick up my car and it looks great except for a new gash exposing a layer of paint on the front passenger door. When I asked Robert about it he said his guys weren’t on that side but they had been on that side replacing an emblem. They even had blue painters tape covering the emblem and he pulled it off and showed me.

I told him I take pics of my car all the time, and the family and I wash and wax it every week or so, I even showed him some pics of the car. His response? “Oh the damage isn’t in THAT picture." I was floored. The person who painted my car came out as well. I showed it to him. He shrugged and walked away. He completely denied the damage and asked me what I wanted to do. After holding my car hostage for a month to do a crappy job and then taking it hostage again for a week and giving me another defect I’m really at a loss as to how these people are continually getting away with doing this to people. I simply told him "Thank you" for the "Work" they did and took my keys and left.

This is my transportation to and from work. This is the car my family and I ride to church in on Sundays, We wash and wax it together as a family, and we know every inch of this car. This damage was NOT there. I also have L.E.D. Projectors that shine on the ground when the doors are opened. Mysteriously, they stopped working as well. But I’d imagine that has nothing to do with them right? After all they don’t know that happened to my car that was in their care for a week, nor how it popped up with the new damage and issues.

My suggestion? FIND A BETTER PLACE TO GO TO GET YOUR WORK DONE. These people obviously don’t care about what they do, and simply do whatever to get by. After looking me in the eyes and telling me that He would take care of an issue THEY CREATED, only to do me dirty and lie in my face, Robert Is wearing the mask of a SHADY BUSINESSMAN to me. And I will tell all who will listen my story, and to stay FAR FAR AWAY from MAACO ON WILLIAMSON ROAD N.W.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Painted out 83' El Camino - We went to the local store in Clackamas, Oregon. A) it was close. B) They quoted a decent price albeit more than we wanted to pay. But C) they said 5-8 days a complete job of "our" choice of paint color. We chose, a Metallic Marrone as was stock, and I had asked to do the door jambs and hood edges tailgate area. We paid extra for a stripe to replace a chrome that was not on the side edges in color of a light bronze.

22 days later, after fully waiting out their rhetoric of why it wasn't ready, we went to pick up. A bright RED car with a yellow stripe down the side!! We complained about that and they said That was the color we chose. NOT so after some talking They mentioned a complete sand down and repaint of OUR color. +1000.00 more and after they called to pick it up it was closer to the color, but it looks like they sprayed it from 10 feet away and there are bubbles and overspray all over the car. These people could not paint a paper bag... Never recommend this shop, or any shop with a Maaco sign on it.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I took my vehicle to Maaco for Change of Color, minor dent repair. My car was Silver. Chose a Smokey Grey for color change, had a finger size rust spot in which they painted over. Didn't smooth out charged extra. Other areas on the vehicle near driver's door just painted over not sanded/smoothed out. They didn't paint inside of doors. Told me after the fact they told me it was extra and I said no, totally untrue because I would have kept my Silver. Upon arrival to pick up car first I paid balance off left to return rental went back. Owner gave me keys stated car was in the back. He didn't bother to go with me for review of car. Saw my car and anxiety kicked in. My car was painted Green. Stayed in area about 15 mins in disgust. He never came to area.

I left to calm myself, got a review on my phone from them gave thumbs down for HORRIBLE paint job. They called and I later returned the call to set up appointment for return per their pamphlet. Within 5 days took off work, went back. Owner was driving off upon my arrival. Was told by female assistant I had to come back the following day. She matched it with the color I chose stated it match and that was Maaco's Color. I said, "You could visibly see it's Green."

Bottom line they refuse to make it right and others need to be AWARE! I took a survey of Strangers asking them what color they see. It ranged from Sage Green, Gauntlet, Blue Green, light Green, Blue etc. No one said Smokey Grey! Before leaving car I told both I had pictures of Smokey Grey vehicles. Was told, "You can't tell with pictures." Asked to speak to the Painter was told No! It's obvious their color chart doesn't match color I wanted. All my paperwork has Smokey Grey but my car is Green! I would not recommend this place. Beware! I Paid 1,186 plus dollars.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I wanted my BMW to have a "New Look". I went through what I wanted. I was very specific. We walked around the vehicle, saw all the dings, scratches, and issues I wanted to be corrected. I was very specific. It's a 2001 BMW and I were spending the funds to make it new again. The car went in suppose to be 5-7 days ended up 23-24 days and they called for me to come pick it up. I was very sad when I saw the BMW, it had NOT been detailed, door dings and scratches were still there, and the car had not been washed for pick up.

Luckily -- so I thought Randy and Scott (suppose to be bigwigs) were there and we agreed to bring the car back. So agreed upon. I brought the car back and 17 days later the car is NOT finished. What am I suppose to do when I have been without a car for 40+ days. Sadly I was referred to this shop for its work when Chuck owned it. It has now become a corporate store. I would not use them. I would not use Maaco, trying to get through corporate numbers were and still is a waste of time. I was on the phone dealing with idiots for over an hour, -- dealing with people who were the gatekeepers and not allowing me to call or talk to someone in charge. I am still waiting for my car. What are the choices? I paid on my charge card, can I get money back, or see them in court.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I took my truck to Maaco for body work and a paint job. The manager went out to look at it to give me an estimate. We walked around the truck in which he asked me about which dents I wanted repaired. I pointed out each one, (none of the dents were big but they were noticeable). So after he wrote up the core of the work, we went back in the office area so he could give me the quote. I looked over the quote and agreed to the price and was told to bring it back the following week. The truck was dropped the next week and a week and a half later I was told I could pick it up.

When I pulled up, I notice something didn't look right. As I approached the truck I notice the dents were still on the truck! They painted over all the dents in the truck! The grill, wheel well and the windows had overspray on them. Then when I asked the manager about it, he said taking the dents out wasn't on the ticket. I asked him why he would think I would want to paint my truck with dents still in it especially when I know we discussed about taking them out. His answer was that they could fix them but it would cost me more money. So now I have a truck with nice shiny paint with dents all over it. I feel they should have corrected this, but they won't, and would never advise anyone to go to them.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Maaco CANNOT do collision repair. They do not have the auto technician training, or diagnostic equipment to do any collision repair. Mathew ** said he could repair my son’s car. The only repair was cosmetic. Maaco had the car 7 days with the dashboard engine light on. They did not tell my son nor make arrangements for qualified mechanics to run diagnostics on the car. Maaco took my son’s $2300, telling him the engine light would go out in a couple days. The car didn’t run for 24 hours, quit in traffic, and was towed to salvage. Mathew ** and Vinh ** use deception and lies of omission to hide the truth from the customer. Maaco hides behind a single line at the bottom of their estimates, “I understand Maaco will not be responsible for mechanical failure or for loss or damage to cars due to causes beyond their control.” Maaco has you sign this document before working on the car!

DO NOT do business with Maaco, Bellingham. They lack integrity, honesty or common courtesy. All cars placed on the road since 1980 have internal computer control units and may have up to 50 microprocessors. ANY collision repair today requires an experienced auto technician run computer and engine diagnostics to properly repair the car. Do not be fooled by the promises of Mathew ** or Vinh **. If you do business then regret the results write the Washington Attorney General’s office immediately. Sooner or later they will have to take action against Maaco’s deceptive, misleading business practices.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Company has not only damaged parts of the vehicle but has also had vehicle for now 2.5 weeks. Images have been taken of work/damages as well. On March 19, 2018 F-150 was dropped off to get a new paint job/repairs to be done due to an insurance claim. Was told the vehicle will be completed and ready for pick up on Friday March 23, 2018. During that time when we dropped vehicle off we asked about decals being put back on. They stated they could get the decals and let us know how much. After not receiving any information for two days we went into a panic and decided to find them our self (had to go to two different Ford dealerships) and delivered them on Thursday Morning at which the truck was outside with minor repairs done before it needed to be painted. Therefore, that already told me the vehicle would not be done the following day as it had not even been started to be painted.

When calling around lunch time to make sure vehicle was ready was told that the vehicle wouldn't be ready until Monday March 26, 2018 due to power outage and employee issues. On Monday March 26, 2018 called to check on vehicle. Was now told it would be Tuesday March 27, 2018 in the afternoon that the vehicle was at that time entering the paint booth. Tuesday March 27, 2018 was told the vehicle would at this point not be ready until Thursday March 29, 2018. At this point, we called corporate to file a complaint due to the fact this vehicle was needed Thursday morning at 5am. Maaco Corporate Reference # ** and that a supervisor within 48 hours would contact us. Went to the actual location to figure out a resolution where we then dealt with Dennis and the District Manager Jeff.

We had fenders that wanted to be done as well (painted and installed) instead of a rental car (which they were only planning to cover for a couple days and that the vacation that the vehicle was needed for wasn't their fault as they stated). We offered to go ahead and let them paint and install the fenders at a discounted rate of $200.00. We stated we would go ahead and leave the vehicle (obviously without a choice at this point) and would pick up vehicle on that following Monday April 2, 2018. We ended up not getting in town until April 3, 2018. After showing up (around 3:30PM) we were mortified over what we saw. The vehicle looked like it had been painted by an amateur company. Not to mention the decals that we paid ($77.00 a piece for and had 2) they were completely bubbled and one of them was crooked and cut.

We showed Dennis and he agreed they looked horrible, immediately took them off before I could even get a picture of them and stated he will order 2 more today. The vehicle seemed it had MAYBE one clear coat applied too and was dull. Not to mention, after inspecting vehicle with Dennis was when noticeable issues continued. Paint sprayed on carpet, wires were left out in front of vehicle (they didn't even put them back), there is a dent that was not there when vehicle was delivered and has a fresh dent along with the fact it was done AFTER BLUE paint was installed showing obvious signs it was done prior to painting the vehicle as the vehicle was black before. The cover plate when drive door was opened, was popped up not even put back along with a good bit of paint sprayed on it.

Along with all of that, truck trim was not replaced back and/or missing. Places on the truck where there was no paint even applied and the original color was still visible. Number keypad entry had been painted and nobody cared to try and clean it off. Plastic trim all along truck included the grill, plastic parts on both mirrors, tail lights, Step boards, and back tailgate had all been sprayed carelessly when those are in fact not suppose to be sprayed. Door handles on truck (all 4) had been barely painted and looked horrible. Dennis stated there was nothing they could do for a rental vehicle. Stated that he couldn't even get the vehicle back in to fix for 2 WEEKS on top of repairing/painting. Now, company will not answer our phone calls. Vehicle was left on property. Still no resolution has been made for a spare vehicle nor next action.

Original review: March 29, 2018

We were blown away at the beautiful job they did. All employees were great. Jason was very helpful and just great at his job. We will recommend them to everyone. It's like a brand new car. Thank you Jason, thank you Maaco.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I went to Maaco paint, to get help with ordering a new bumper through them and then having their employees paint it for me. Paid for the bumper upfront and was told that they would have it finished by the end of the week or early the following week. (This was on a Tuesday). The following week, I had reached out to Maaco to see the updates for my part and they said it should be ready by Tuesday. This is now the second week it's been there. Turns out, when they said it would be ready it wasn't, there has been a lot of runaround with them.

They had messed up on painting the part, one of the employees had told me, it'd be ready a week after. And now, this week 4th week, they have told me that when the part was all finished they were walking outside and a car had come in too fast and one of the employees had dropped the part and the car ran it over. Now, I will be waiting another few days for them to reorder the part and paint it. I would not recommend going to them. This has been a ridiculous last month.

Original review: March 15, 2018

On 10/27/16 I picked up my car. They replaced front bumper and front driver light. When I paid $1334.02 and picked up the car I noticed the light wasn’t fitting properly. Corner was sticking up. They pushed it down trying to make looking better so I picked up my car that way, but in time the light start coming out more being loose and not working anymore. I went back in Feb 2018 and spoke with Daniel ** and Luis **. They refuse to do anything! I have to fix it now with someone else!? This is a nightmare and just because I needed the car back then and because I picked it up like that they don’t care about customers anymore. Please help me in getting some money back or have it fix right by them. I was never told when I dropped the car that if they use aftermarket parts won’t be 100 percent fixed right?!! Light was new. That’s for sure. Note: I had done work somewhere else before and never happened this! Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Maaco 6850 Buford Hwy Suite A Doraville GA. 30340 - Would never, never go back. They did a horrendous job and refused to address my concerns of a sloppy and not finished job. They refused to honor a warranty. They were abusive and threatening. I have all documentation concerning their warranty but they lied and it does not mean anything.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Ranger p/u painting - Paint job was horrible amateur. Overspray on rubber, tires, and windshield. Paid extra to have decals removed for paint job, (375.00 extra). Yet they left portions still on a just painted over. Lost a hubcap, did replace it. But lost the screws for wind deflector and installed with just 2 screws instead of the require 4 and allowing it to band the hood. Had a nail in tire, next day flat. Nice people, but horrendous paint job. Surface was not prepared in areas and allowing bubbles, craters in paint finish. For a company whose main product is painting, they lack skills in pre-pairing, or doing the work paid for. After complaining, they said they would get back to me, 6 weeks later no follow up. Recommendation: Stay away, pay a little more and have a professional do the work.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I chose to go up to the bodywork Maaco (12250 SW 117th Ct, Miami, FL 33186), for the repair of my car, rather than in a private body because I thought that I was the most protected by the guarantee of a big company. On Friday I did see my car to Mr ** who told me that to repair the damage to the driver's door the cost was $400, to return to leave the car week start and that for the work it would have taken 2 days maximum. I returned on Tuesday to leave the car and I met Mr ** that once I was there and I decided to do the work with him I had changed the price of well $87 in more. This was only a first signal that something was wrong with this person who showed little seriousness. After a verbal complaint, having no alternative for the time available decided to leave the car in for repair.

Not receiving any call after a week I used to go to the bodywork to pick up the car and here I stayed open mouth, Mr ** pretended to confer upon me the car with the door painted in half, rough, with painting raised visible even from very far away. Not only Mr ** has devised a system of genuine extortion to the detriment of victims customers. The system provides for the payment only in cash by customers in such a way that once left the car and fallen into the trap for regaining self are forced by the simple fact of being able to get their keys of the car, even if the job has not been performed correctly or was done in a very superficial and not professional. I would like to turn to the competent judiciary to denounce the extortion and seek compensation for damages, to report to the Attorney General of Miami Dade and Florida Dbpr myfloridalicense.com what happened and to write the appropriate reviews on the web.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I was treated very unfairly and discriminated on I went out to meet the adjuster at Maaco Fresno. Arrive at 1 PM met by a worker which I was telling him my car paint doesn't match. Also I have additional 396 extra miles on my car. I was discriminated on and the police was called on me due to voicing my opinion about a paint job they did on my bumper which was Mitch Mack. Once the officer came up he agree with me. I also waited on adjuster her name is Racquel from Viking insurance. She also agree with me. She went into the office got the manager and the paint manager and they both agreed that it was off. All I wanted was a refund to have somebody do my car the correct way.

I am a paying customer. I was treated like very unprofessionally. And now they want me to bring my car back for they can correct it a third time. I Charles ** don't want to get call the police on for being **. This is very racist and discriminated because of my ** and I was right the whole time. Can someone from your corporate office please call me. The guy from Fresno use the alternate number which it was a 707 area code to throw me off... Can someone please help me in upper department. I'm scared and frightened and don't want to ever go back to Maaco paint Fresno ca. I do have pictures. But they on other phone how can I get them to you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I Had car painted at Maaco 3641 Bonny Road, VA Beach, VA 23452 (Center M1533). Painted on 4/17/2015 at a cost of $2,500.00. When I had it painted I said I wanted their best job and I was assured that the $2,500.00 was top of the line. I was given warranty papers that state that the base coat/clear coat is warrantied for full coverage for 36 months. The paint on the front bumper cover has started to bubble and crack and the rear bumper cover has paint cracking and peeling. The person who checked the car said that the front bumper was damaged by something (maybe a collision), he also said the real damage was from a collision of some kind. Other than the paint peeling there is no evidence of a collision, he assured me that because he had been doing this type of work for a long period of time he knew it was a collision by the way the paint was peeling, I asked him to show me evidence of a collision which he could not, no dents, dings, or scratches!

Without evidence of a collision and with me telling him that there had been no collision, his decision was final. I was a bit upset that Maaco would not honor the warranty so I may have had a few heated words for this person. The problem is that what he said was definitive, no person above him to complain to. He just turned around and walked away. It's not worth the cost and inconvenience of getting a lawyer, and I'm sure they know that. ANYONE in the market for a paint job steer clear of this place. If you need warranty work you won't get it! And the Jerk that took my order in the beginning was most helpful as I handed him the payment, however; when I asked for warranty work you would think I had asked him if I could pull his teeth!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

ATTENTION FELLOW SOLDIERS and LOCAL COMMUNITY... Do not waste your money with at this MAACO location. I spent $1,200 to get my truck painted and they done a ** job (excuse my language). SHAWNTEL SHOULD BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY. They did not do the job that was promised to me. There were imperfections all around my truck, but when I asked for them to fix it, they tried to charge me more money. The package I chose clearly came with a 3-4 year warranty, but after the job was complete they told me that my package didn't have a warranty, and only my hood was covered. Then they tried to make me sign for saying I received warranty paperwork that I did not received, and have not received until this day.

I called the corporate office, but since it's locally owned it wasn't anything they can do. The employees are very unprofessional. DO NOT go here for anything. I should have listen to the reviews posted by other customers. I could have saved $1,200. I hate that I wasted my deployment cash at this establishment. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I just got my car back from Maaco, MA. Really a nightmare. If you want to throw your car away and your money away, go to Maaco. I promise after working, you will not love your car anymore. Thousands fish eyes and bubbles on the new painting. And take me 2 weeks. They even did not install the panel in a right way, and broke them! Not only one part. DO NOT GO TO MAACO TO PAINT YOUR CAR. Believe me.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I hope there is enough space for my comments. You might want to get a coke and pop corn if you read my story because you won't believe it. My situation began July 18, 2017 and ended September 2, 2017. I went in on July 18 to get an estimate on the cost to paint my 2011 metallic gold Buick Lacrosse. When I got there I was greeted by ** and I asked him to give me an estimate; so we went out to look at my car. He looked all around the car to assess it. He then asked me if I'm sure that I want the entire car painted; so I asked him why. He said he didn't think it needed to be done, but I said that I want the entire car painted. I said that I wanted the discoloration of the roof on the back driver side repaired and blend the paint so it matches.

** saw where on the passenger side there was a dent to be repaired, the front and rear bumper repaired and painted and the rest of the car had residue of sap from a tree that I wanted removed and painted as well as the hood repaired and painted. So we went in to see which paint I wanted and we decided on the urethane coating which is 699.00 plus tax. He figured it out and scheduled it for Monday August 7 which was the day I started my vacation. I asked him how long it would take to complete and he said Friday August 11. I asked him because I would need to rent a car until it was finished.

So I took my car there August 7 at 7:30 am where ** was waiting for me (I guess). He asked me again if I really wanted to get the whole car painted, so I asked him again why he asked me that. He said that they couldn't match the paint exactly so he reassessed it and came up with the quote of 663.42. I pressed him to confirm that my car would be ready on Friday. So Enterprise came to pick me up and I signed the contract for four days car rental.

So Friday morning came and I haven't heard from Maaco, so I called them and ** answered. I told him who I am and asked if my car was ready and he said no. I reminded him that he told me that it would be ready on Friday, then he said, "We'll get right on it." So I called Enterprise and told them my dilemma and they kindly extended me the weekly rate and said they would charge me only for the extra day(s). I then called Maaco and told them that they are responsible for the extra day. He said that he would have to check with his manager, hence I called the corporate office and I spoke with ** who is the district manager and told her what I had been dealing with.

She assured me that she would look into it for me. I went to pick my car up Monday August 14, a week later. It was raining when I arrived and I couldn't tell what was done. ** came out and I pointed out to him the roughness of the roof and I said that I'd bring it back another day. I called the next day when I felt the quarters of the car and it still had the sap residue and discoloration on the roof. When I got there that Wednesday ** and ** acted annoyed that I brought the car back and treated me poorly. I took ** and ** to my car and showed them; that's when ** disputed me that I didn't tell him about the spot on the roof but he couldn't explain why the sap hadn't been sanded/buffed. So he reluctantly wrote an invoice for the roof because he didn't charge me for that, which I felt I shouldn't have been charged for it since it was his inattentiveness that was the reason it wasn't done. Hence I had to rent another car for this to be done.

So on Saturday August 19 I went in to drop off my car, and ** who knew that I would be coming was at the desk. And without even looking up he curtly said, "We're closed" and I reminded him that I was leaving my car for the repairs to be done. I rented a car for another 4 days and I went to pick it up Wednesday August 23 and the sap is still there but the spot on the roof was done and the roof was painted. I showed them the hood had scratches on it also. I then noticed that my remote to my car wouldn't lock my car so I thought it was just a malfunction.

I took the remote to a jeweler August 25 to see if it needed a battery. He opened the compartment and he told me that it had water in it. I guess someone submerged it in water as my punishment for bringing the car back. Thus I had to go to Buick to get another remote which costs 201.16. I told ** what had happened and she said she would talk with **. I made an appointment to see **, manager Monday August 28 at 1 pm. When I got there everyone seemed annoyed that they had to see me again. So we went out to look at the car where I pointed out the sap, scratches on hood and paint chipping from the front bumper as well as scratches on the rear bumper.

** and ** wanted to blame me for the paint chipping and the scratches on the hood. He verbally agreed to do wet sand, and buff the rest of the car, remove the scratches on the bumper and blend paint. So we scheduled it for Thursday August 31 and I would pick the car up Saturday September 2, so I rented the third car for 2 days. They know that I get off from work at noon and they said that they will stay open until I get there.

I contacted ** again to let her know I was still having problems with them and I would not come to Maaco again even if I had to pay more to get my car painted. So I got there to get my car around 12:29 pm. When I arrived there were no cars in the lot so I went to the door and it was locked. I walked around back where the gate was opened and saw my car parked between two cars, then I knocked on the front door and no one answered. I walked to the back again when I noticed the trunk was open, that's when ** came out and said that I wasn't supposed to be back there where I told him that the front door was locked and I was picking up my car. He then said he didn't know what ** had told me. I told him that they should communicate better.

I texted ** to let her know I was there. ** took his sweet time bringing my car to me. He took at least 15 minutes, and after he brought the car out of the gate he then took his time to take pictures of the car, which he should have done that earlier. I finally got the car and the quarters of the car still felt rough like it did July 18. I decided that I was finished with Maaco. I also discovered that I am not able to open the trunk manually, so I don't know what they did but I contacted ** to ask her to call me because I would not deal with ** anymore. It rained today September 5 and after the rain the quarters felt smoother but not like the other areas that were painted and buffed better.

So to recap I had to make 5 trips there and back, car rental three times and spend 201.16 for a new car remote. I spent over 800.00 for the paint job, 300.00 for car rental. With all of these expenses I spent more for a full body paint that I didn't get, so the moral of this story is to save your money and go to a "reputable" paint and body shop. If you go online you will see many Maaco reviews across the country. This shop is 2450 S Military Trail West Palm Beach FL 33415. Thank you ** for your help, but you can't babysit each body shop.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I brought in my 2000 Toyota Sienna XLE in for a estimate. He comes outside and looks at the car and say, "We don't do body work." In my head I was like, "You guys don't do body work?" Uhmm. So I reply, "Uhmm alright but my car is damaged." He replies, "We can't fix it." And walks back in the building! My car was recently in a car accident in the front where my front reinforce the was bent back to smashed my radiator support. It smashed my hood in and pushed both my fenders back to where the door and fender meets and rub against each other. What type of place calls themselves Maaco Auto Body Work... and can't even fix my car? Uhmm.

Maaco Company Information