Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.42/5

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Maaco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maaco?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Maaco?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

If I could give half a star I would!! Do not use this company if you are wanting a good paint job or any damages repaired. I spoke with a woman on the phone and given a couple price suggestions so we decided we’d give them a try. Brought our vehicle to them (Rockwell location okc). Right off the bat the man in the office took over and was rude the entire time. Quoted us a price that we agreed on. The man tells us, "Pick it up in a week. We will call you in a couple days to let you know how it’s all going." Mind you we are switching from white to black and having about three small dents repaired. I also told the guy that I didn’t want anything to happen to my wheels. They were brand new and didn’t have any others to put on to get the vehicle painted so told them about 10 times please don’t spray my wheels. No call.

A week goes by and they tell us our hood was too damaged and we needed to replace it so we call another company upon their recommendation. Another couple days goes by And they tell us our vehicle is still not ready because the hood we paid for is way too damaged to use on any vehicle and that’s where I start getting so upset because we were reassured from the other company that it was like new. We get the company we got the hood from to replace the hood for free thankfully.

We are told to pick up our vehicle a couple days later (a week later then promised to begin with) and I let them know I will be there when they open to pick it up. I got there at 8:30 am and my vehicle was sitting in their parking lot in pieces!! There was white spots all over it that they missed there was orange peeling all over it and pain drips all over my vehicle, scratches under the paint which tells me they didn’t do ANY prep work. I told them I was not happy especially since I had to sit there for 3 hours for them to put my vehicle back and touch up the spots they missed. They got over spray all over my brand new wheels and ruined them. They didn’t care whatsoever about what they did. They have no customer service and two months later the paint is peeling up all over it!

I called customer service to let them know since we have a 4 year warranty on the paint job and they didn’t do anything just said, "Well oh well. It is what it is," take it back in and they will see if it’s covered. The whole experience was absolutely miserable. There is just so so much more about the whole thing but just don’t ever use them. We have a few vehicles that need painted but I will NOT use this company. Save yourself the time/headache/ money and look elsewhere. DO NOT USE MAACO!!! You have been warned. They don’t care. They’ll take your money and move on to the next sucker. Don’t be their next sucker!!!!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Inside side mirror's rough and spotty paint. Around side door chrome near back seat.. See old paint underneath and looks like it will flake off. Lots of tiny bumps under the paint and some have white tops... Car is red. Ridge of paint at the trunk where it was not open and the paint smoothed. old layer of paint shows underneath new paint on very bottom of car side panels

Kept my car for 6 days. When I picked it up the seat was almost set to the backseat for a really tall person around 6. The radio station was set to some strange station. The AC was set as low as it would go. The outside of my car was filthy as if it had been painted days ago. Also my Check engine light was own (comes on when I hit below a 1/2 tank of gas for just a short while (not a major problem) but it means that my car had been running a while to use up gas.

They refused to fix the paint problems. The manager was very rude and thought it was funny that he had a clear piece of glass leaning on a table in his lobby that I almost tripped over when I showed him the paint job that I had requested and told him that I had paid two hundred dollars extra for resurfacing to go with it (a total of $1510.00.) I have had a total hip replacement, and if had I fell over that clear sheet of glass it could have really hurt me. I am almost 60 years old. His remark was just, "Break my glass." He refused to take the money for payment and let me have my car unless I signed a paper about their work. He also had fun making me sign my own copy that was not attached to his before he would let me have my car.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I took my 2008 Mustang in to get it painted a specific color. I went with the most expensive estimate with all the extras. I initially provided them with the Ford factory paint code and the PPG paint code so they would get the color right. After two trips back and forth to straighten this out and after I had told them that both of the spray out samples were wrong, I provided them with a $38.00 can of factory match paint in the color I requested. When I complained to the BBB the company lied in their response and said that I had approved the color and completely omitted the fact that they were provided a sample of paint the correct color.

The car was painted the wrong color even after I provided a $38.00 can of paint the correct color. In short I paid over $2400.00 dollars to get my car painted a color I do not care for and the total nonchalance with which I was treated when I pointed this out infuriates me. I would not recommend these unprofessional individuals to paint an automobile unless you just don't care what it looks like when you get it back.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Potential customers at Maaco are encouraged to make an appointment online and even get an estimate for the work they want done on their vehicle. I made an appointment for the Maaco at 63 Polk Avenue in Hempstead for 10 am on Monday, August 24th. While doing this I decided to get an estimate for the work I wanted done on my vehicle? When I entered the work I wanted done I got an estimate between $750 and $1250. I drove over to this Maaco in Hempstead. After parking the car, I went inside to let someone know that I was there and I had made an appointment online.

This big burly bald head guy came out and looked at the car. First he asked why I wanted to paint the car. Then he went started rambling on about having to do this and do that and his initial estimate then came to $2000. He then went on to talk about more of the work he will have to do and then by the time he was finish he was at $4000. BIG difference from the estimate I got online!!!! Then I said, "Ok, what if you do the bumpers." He said it would be $400 to do a bumper but I would have to wait another 2 weeks!!!! I thought my appointment was that day!!! I get the sense that if I was willing to spend the $4000 for the job that those 2 weeks would have turned into RIGHT AWAY!!!! This was a bad experience.

Maaco is false advertising where customers put in their information for an appointment and the work they want done only to get there and experience quite the opposite. When this guy came out to look at my car I thought I ended up somewhere other than Maaco. The guy was unprofessional, pushy, and made the whole encounter about the money he is to receive rather than listen to and respect what I wanted! My advice? Stay away from Maaco, in particular the one at 63 Polk Avenue, Hempstead Long Island. Unless you're willing to spend 2 mortgages with this joker, you will be wasting your time!!! Absolutely the worst!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

Well this isn't an attractive review. Maaco 2550 Mountain Industrial Blvd in Tucker GA 30084 is holding my car for ransom because they say that I didn't tell them that it was an insurance repair claim which is a lie. But that's what they told the Geico adjuster. Now geico won't pay the full repair costs and now maaco wants $1300 from me that I don't have and won't release my car until I pay them. I even tried to compromise with the owner and she said no. They don't care about peopie just money. I feel like I got played. But I'll never go back to any maaco establishment ever again. This could've been a simple fix between maaco and geico but they've both chosen to make it a living hell for me. I'll never do business with either of them again. And I share my experience with everyone every chance I get.

Original review: July 23, 2020

Maaco advertised that they will paint for $499, basic charge is over $900. The Vallejo office workers are liars. Don’t ever go there. Painting is also sloppy around the edges - total rip-off! They lie.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Me The,,,Customer not satisfied with MAACO PAINT JOB,,East Craig Road Las Vegas,, Nv, looks like they prepped parts of my truck and the parts they didn’t prep shows in the finish results,, My tailgate finish is dull. Not shiny like the rest of the truck,, Possibly ran low on paint in the sprayer GUN,,,,the right fender of the truck shows several nicks and Pits that should of been easily addressed before painting, this type of prep work was listed in the procedure,, They just ignored it and or overlooked it,,,no prep at all,,,the other side of the truck is beautiful,,,, I complained before taking delivery,,Robert at the front counter,,refused listen or to understand my concerns,, I called Maaco Customer Service Number,,,USELESS,,,,so I understand it’s you get what you pay for,,, but it’s my money and I’m not completely satisfied,, They painted over simple nicks and blemishes and it now stands out after the paint job has dried,,

I believe they take in too many jobs at once, and not sending out quality work,,making your car stay in their shop longer than necessary frustrating the customer,,go to a different paint shop for better results,, or I could of painted it myself and got better results,,,,maybe it’s because I asked for a Senior Discount!!?? 5 Thumbs Down.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I had a wreck with damage to the front drivers side. I was swamped with work, but took a day and took my cars to several repair shops and just didn’t feel comfortable with any of them. It was 5 pm when I called Maaco and they stayed late to look at my car. When I got there the lady came straight out and I instantly felt like family, like I was in good hands!!

I dropped my car off and it was ready on Wednesday!! They did an excellent job in a super timely manner!! Felicia is great at her job and so honest and trustworthy!! I just moved here to the Fort Smith, AR area and had no clue where to take my car!! I am so grateful for Maaco and Felicia!!! If I have any other issues with my car I will only have to go to ONE shop!! And that ONE shop will be Maaco in Fort Smith, AR!! People!! Don’t waste your time shopping for the right shop to take your vehicle to!!! Just go to Maaco and get the best service EVER!! Thank you Maaco and Felicia for ALL your help!!! Y’all are AWESOME!!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Front different color than sides of car. They used the wrong color to replace front of my car. When I pointed it out, they refused to change it. Just said it's a different material. When I bought the car the colors were the same. The car is only 2 years old so age is not the problem. Maaco in Durham NC made no attempt to fix the problem they created. ....cheaper work is sometimes poor work. I'll not use them again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Dropped off my 2006 F150 for a paint job plus a clear coating $400 extra. Leave it with ** (office manager). After 2 weeks calls and messages they said to pick up the truck. DISASTER! Fisheyes and bubbles everywhere! He said sorry. To leave it for another 3 days. 1 week goes by and nothing. Contacted owner (**). Very unprofessional. Said he was going to personally speak to paint guy to leave truck spotless. 3 days after got a call again.. Big disappointment. Truck half done, battery dead, coming smoke out of engine, check engine lights on. In order for me to take my truck had to pay $1,282 cash cause they don’t accept credit cards. Need the entire truck to be painted properly or my $ back NOT at this location! 12250 sw 117th ct Miami Fl 33186. Please someone at corporate or customer service manager contact me!!!! Someone have to report this issue to authorities!

Maaco Company Information