Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.44/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

O'Reilly Auto Parts Reviews

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I've been pleasantly surprised by what they have in stock. They have knowledgeable and pleasant employees as well. Great place!! Headlight switch for a 25 year old Dodge Ram pickup? In stock! Battery for a 10 year old Harley? IN STOCK!!!! They know what they're doing!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Recently, my transmission has started to leak, to the point that my transmission would heat up after a short drive. I decided to get a replacement pan and gasket in an attempt to solve the problem. However, while the replacement pan was almost identical to the original, there was one difference, which proved to be all the difference. While the bolt pattern matched, one part of the pan was shaped in a way different than the original that caught up on the filter and the bracket inside of the transmission. After a lot of screaming and cursing, I decided to return to the store to return and solve the mystery. Scott was able to find a part that would require special order from the factory, but helped me for a solid twenty minutes in order to find what was right.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: June 13, 2019

My thanks to Danny at South Carson for diagnosing my alternator. I went to all the auto part stores including O’Reilly and was referred to Reno. When I went to pick up the alternator to go to Reno Danny said he could do it if I had the wiring schematic. I did and the results was the alternator was good. This helped me to move on with the project on my much needed tractor on my Ranch. This service will bring me a already good customer into dedicated and grateful.

Tom

Original review: April 10, 2019

I purchased a starter from O'Reilly's because they said it was guaranteed for life. The starter failed in the state of Kansas and there was no O'Reilly's available, and as you know you need a starter to get out of town. I went to the nearest auto parts store and they sold me a starter and installed it for me also. Several miles later, I found a O'Reilly's in another state. I went in and talked to the store manager, he stated I have two choices after showing him my receipt. 1. A new starter for back up, or 2. Cash from your receipt. I took the cash and will continue to shop at O'Reilly's. Floyd

Original review: March 13, 2019

Matt and Jodi were the best. Went above and beyond. Knew exactly what I needed. Saved me a lot of stress. Thanks guys for your hard work and customer service. Will always recommend to everyone that is needing help. Have everything you will need for your vehicle and if not in the store can get it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about O'Reilly Auto Parts?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

The O'Reillys on Stan Schlueter Loop, Killeen, TX is not my choice to shop at. We tried to purchase batteries with a credit card and their card reader wouldn't accept the chip so we asked if they could type the number in and they said no even when we offered ID. They told us we must have exceeded our credit limit which had nothing to do with the chip. They lost a $200 sale. We went to the OReillys on the access road of US14 and bought the batteries within 10 minutes. Had no problems running the card. This is probably the 4th time in the Loop store and every time we've been very disappointed and left. I have shopped at the US14 store for years and never had problems.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I purchased a battery from o’Reilly in NM a year ago. It went bad, so I went in to O’Reilly's in Midland because it was still under warranty. The store in Midland was busy, so I waited. When, it was my turn, I explained and was told that a young man would help me. The young man went into the back, so I waited and waited, and waited. After about 20 minutes I asked the Smart Alec behind the counter if that young man was going to help me. The smart Alec said “maybe he disappeared”. I asked I if he would reappear. The smart Alec replied ”I don’t know”.

Finally about 25 minutes later the young man appeared and attempted to help me. He couldn’t find the right wrench (I did). The battery was dead, so he took the receipt I had and warranty and looked me up. It didn’t show up on computer, so Smart Alec said he couldn’t help. Well, I decided not to buy a battery there and returned the tools we had used. The Smart Alec behind the counter said to me “now it is time for you to disappear”. I left and purchased a battery at another store and they were polite and helpful. I sure won’t shop there ever again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Went in on Sunday Morning Nov 3, 2019. Needed to find out where my rear defroster fuse was located. After waiting in line about 15 min, the young lady printed out a schematic to locate the fuse. Wasn't sure as it might be the relay. Wanted me to buy it before I even knew if it was the relay or actual fuse. Said the Older bald headed man could test it. Waited another 20 minutes while every customer was checked out and taken care of. The older bald headed man finally said, "I can't test this." "Okay, why did you make me wait all this time then?" No Response. Advised I would never step foot in there again. Older bald headed man replied, "Have a good day." This is so disgusting. Senior citizens deserve better treatment than this. Went down to road to Auto Zone, who helped locate the correct fuse, and correct the issue immediately.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Consumer Beware! around 2 years ago I purchased 2 of O'Reilly best batteries ($294.38 each) for a total $566.06 with a 3 year warranty. A few days ago they stopped keeping a charge. So I take them back to store #738, and was told they had to make sure they were bad...that's fine, so they were left overnight. The assistant manager, Omar was very rude the next day when I came back, and at first advised they would not help me at all...and told me I had to make an additional trip to a different store! So I gave store #4389 a shot. The clerk didn't know how to exchange my batteries without a phone number from 2 yrs ago. Wow! I used to spend anywhere from $800-1400 a month at O'Reilly Auto Parts, but not anymore. I will go to AutoZone in the future.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Last year I purchased a new battery from the local O'Reilly. It was purchased three years prior and they informed me the warranty had expired. I accepted that to be true and purchased the new battery at full price. Today that battery went bad and I returned it to the store where I purchased it. They said they couldn't find where I had purchased this battery and that it was dated 2016. And that T needed a receipt prove I bought it last year. I did not save the receipt therefore I had to purchase another new battery. I have purchased several thousand dollars in parts from O'reilly in the past but TODAY will be my last purchase from this company. The people working there couldn't care less about their customers and this should be an indication that this store is in trouble.

O'Reilly Auto Parts Company Information