O'Reilly Auto Parts

Compare Auto Service and Repair

Research top Auto Service and Repair recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Went into our local O'Reilly's and found what I needed. While waiting in line there were 3 other employees standing around talking not very quietly. One was the manager with 2 male employees laughing. When I heard her say, "I can't wait to get rid of the ** lazy ass that work here," I sent an email to corp. They said someone would get back to me. In a return email NEVER HAPPENED. So I go in again to tell the one guy who always got my stuff right what I heard and to let him know to watch his back. Well guess what, she fired him. I will never shop at O'Reilly's again.

Placed an order for emplacement heads for a 99 Blazer, was told they had 1 I could get next day and 1 that would take 3 days. Or I could pay additional 30 something dollars to get in 2 days. The 2 day extra money option is what I took. Parts were supposed to be there Friday 1-27-2017, but were not there. So I asked to find out if they could tell me when they would be there, counter person called somewhere they have shipping info., said they told him they would be there Saturday.

Well they weren't, so I called a different store who told me that there was no option for expediting parts from a warehouse and only from Mfg. shipped orders can that be done. To call Area Manager Monday to find out what was going on there and that he would correct the issue. Monday 1-30-2017 now after talking to Mr Tracy ** was even more unhappy that this man had straight out lied to me, by telling me that UPS don't tell them when a delivery date. Trust me I order thousands of dollars worth of parts for Corvette from many sources, when UPS picks up and assigns a Tracking # it tells you what day it will be delivered. So whomever counter person called either didn't look it up or he didn't want to tell me Monday.

In any case Tracy told me it would be in Today and they would call as soon as it came in. I then called customer service # on web page to report issue who said he would check into it. Store called, I went to pick up. I am just down the road from store so didn't take long, I get there and plastic shipping container was on the floor in front of counter (straps cut off and nowhere in sight). Last shipment straps were still on container when I got there. As counter people were busy I lifted the lid to look... And what did I find inside A USED head. Not a rebuilt but someones core. Put the lid back on and waited. Manager comes over, opens it up, says "You got to be ** kidding me, this was an expedited order from last ** Wednesday. I will see who has 1," gets on computer says "I will have it shipped from California and have here tomorrow."

Really I was willing to pay extra last week to get 1 ASAP. Now you can do an overnight and what about his language, I should have been the 1 dropping F bomb, not him. No, "I am sorry" or anything like that just a "will have it tomorrow." Told him "never mind. Been waiting long enough going to Advance just about a tenth of a mile down the road." Wish now I would have started there, they said will have 1st thing in the morning. Hopefully they are going to have it when promised. Came home mad as heck, missed work again for this poor, poor service. Called customer service to let them know it went even farther south than it already was, Finally got the "I'm sorry this happened", that I should have got Fri., Sat. and this morning.

Just want everyone to know if you are dealing with their store on Waycross Rd. in Cincinnati and you have to have something shipped to them, Don't Hold Your Breath till it gets there. Watched same store manager refuse a return on a battery, Man said his Grandmother bought it for him and he wanted to return it, Manager told him "No cause you can't return items after installed". I can see that, unless it's for an exchange for bad battery, but the man insisted it had not been installed.

Manager had picked up this battery several times to inspect it, finally told man there was dirt on the bottom of it from being in his moped. That's when I chuckled, cause he had been putting this battery on the dirty counter several times to get it dirty. He didn't say "look here you can see on these lead terminals scratch marks" (where if installed there should have been some) but instead the dirt on bottom of battery. So man was very upset. He had basically been called a liar and a cheat. Just be careful when you deal with this company. The only good note was the person at other store I spoke with on Sat. and the 2nd person I spoke with today from Customer service from their online #. Who said he would send a coupon to hopefully make up for some of it. Will have to wait and see if that is true or not.

This review is about a comedy of errors. I hope this serves to illustrate how a simple experience can go dramatically south, and leave a bad taste in your mouth. And, I hope you learn, as I did, that the best response may be to use mouthwash. Most are familiar with O'Reilly Auto Parts, and I have had nothing but good experiences with them. My company has a commercial account with them. Our operations manager deals with the local O'Reilly, gets good service, gets good pricing through our commercial account. Personally, I use the O'Reilly nearest me which is another town, I don't live near our company's headquarters. I don't use the commercial account for my personal needs. For my personal needs, I'm a retail consumer, and I pay rack rates. I'm not judging others. I think most would agree that it's okay to take advantage of a pricing plan available to you. I'm not saying it's wrong, but it would be wrong for me.

Enough background, and jabbering. Here's the story. I needed a part for a friend's car. An odd relay VW uses in some of its TDI. It's a Friday, and, assuming the local O'Reilly won't have the odd relay in stock, I get online to order the part. The parts place in Massachusetts I use has the part, and I can have it the following Tuesday, but I'd like to put it on during weekend, so I make a call to the local O'Reilly, and they don't have it in stock, but they can have it by 2:00 in the afternoon that same day. Great, it's ordered, and I go in at 4:00 in the afternoon.

I'm presented with a box for the part which, from the appearance of the box has traveled to someone's garage, been opened, then returned in less than perfect condition. I opened the box to make sure I'm holding the correct relay. One glance at the relay's blades confirmed that the part was not the correct relay. It wasn't even close. It had 5 connectors rather than 4. The box originally contained the correct relay, being labeled as such, but the relay now contained within was a stowaway.

This wasn't the stores fault. however, they couldn't get another relay that day. In fact, the fellow said that being a holiday weekend, at this point they couldn't have the part until the following Tuesday. Online the part is $9.95 plus shipping of $2.64 for a total of $12.59, and O'Rielly's price is $18.99 plus tax, so a little under $21.00. So, I leave to order the part. Now the story gets better. On the way home my son who is in college calls to let me know he can't come home for the weekend, so I agree to meet him halfway or so for dinner Sunday.

The following morning I call an O'Reilly in a larger town about an hour away, and none can get the part until Tuesday. But, the store employee states that the distribution center in the town has two and I can pick one up if I get there by 4:00pm. I call the distribution center to be safe. The answering system informs me that they are closed on the weekends. Now, I think the store guy meant that I could come in and buy the part then go to the distribution center to pick it up, meaning that while the administration folks are not available on the weekends, there are staff who make parts runs on the weekends for the stores, but that wasn't the explanation I received from the store representative.

The next morning I call a few O'Reilly along my intended route to have dinner with my son, and find one which says they can have the part by 3:00pm that day. Great. That afternoon, away I go. I ask my phone to take me to O'Reilly in the small town where the part should be. Only having one location in that town, I follow the GPS guidance, and go to the wrong store. Close, but the wrong store. After a bit of confusion, the nice counter associate discerns that the store fifteen minutes away has the part, and, after consulting her monitor, confirms that they have one in stock. Must be mine. Again, not O'Reilly's fault. But, irritating.

I arrive. I go in and am helped after a very short wait. The fellow helping me looks through the two boxes which have come from distribution. Several times. Then, once the other counter person is free, hands me off to him. I'm told that the part is not there. It should be. It's on the master sheet detailing the contents of the containers. It has been signed for by the person receiving the shipment from distribution, but, it's not there.

He calls the distribution center, and after a short conversation, hangs up. He tells me that the relay did not get put in the container, it's still on the shelf, and he was looking at it. I said that I was two and a half hours away, and I told him what had already happened over the last couple of days, and that I could have ordered the relay online for less. He interjected that they couldn't match online prices. I said that I wasn't asking him to do that, I just wanted the relay. I told him I'd be in town for a couple of hours and could come back by. He said he could get the part the next day. At that point I was dumbfounded. I was looking into a void. I replied by saying, "I live two and a half hours away." He said, "well that's all I can do." I asked if he was sure that that was his best. He said that I should call customer service.

At that point I had had enough. I knew that I was going to order the part from Massachusetts, and I needed to, at least try to make a point. I thought I, at least had earned that. I thought that what I was about to say was going to fall on deaf ears, and I needed to find out how good the training department at O'Reilly is with respect to customer service. So, I carefully said to the guy behind the counter, "I not going to call customer service, I want a relay. You have already told me you can solve the problem by tomorrow. You have my name and phone number," which he confirmed that he did. "All you have to do is call the store that is near me [and, I told him which store it is], and have them get the part from their distribution center; I know that that distribution center has two more of that relay, or at least the boxes for them, and to call me when the relay arrives and I'll go pick it up." His reply was that I needed to call customer service.

Now I was angry. I then said that, to be clear, I was not mad at him, just the whole ordeal, but, that I think I've done enough, and have them call me when the part arrives. At that point he smiled, and I knew the part wasn't going arrive, ever. It was the kind of smile that is both defiant and full of fear, and I realized I was too angry to just walk out. So, I said, "Again, to be clear, this is only directed at this situation, but I think you can understand it this way, this has been handled in a completely ** incompetent manner. Then I threw a smirk his way, so he could go home, call me names, and show me by not making a simple phone call. The part didn't arrive, but will be here in a couple of days from the online store.

O'Reilly is a good auto parts store. They generally have helpful staff, their prices are a bit higher than can be found in other local parts stores, but they are generally able to have the not so esoteric parts for the VW TDIs that I tinker with in a timely manner, for a little more money. Paying a bit more should come with a bit more customer service to add to the value of the exchange. In my opinion, and it's just that, this experience is just a comedy of errors. How many circumstances had to come together to give me an experience I'll be able to tell for years. I'll still use O'Reilly, with lowered expectations.

I don't blame the the guy in the first distribution center who didn't have the experience to look in a tattered box, when he had two others to choose from, to make sure the correct relay was indeed in the box. Hopefully, now that he has experienced that, he can apply that in the future making that a part of his "common sense." I don't blame the guy in my local store, he likely thought that the guys in the distribution center are trained to double check ratty boxes to make sure the correct part is contained within. I don't blame my phone for taking me to the wrong store, it's a small computer. I know I need to double check the information it spits out. That one's on me. I don't blame the first guy that helped me. He bailed when he realized he needed help. I don't blame the guy in the second distribution center, it's just a mistake.

I don't blame the second guy behind the counter who had to listen to me tell him, to his embarrassment how simple the solution was. He had been left in charge on a holiday weekend by a manager who just wanted to spend some time with his family. I blame myself. What I mean by that is that I'm not talking about a relay. I'm talking about my reaction to this befuddled guy, who just wants to do as good a job as he can. I shouldn't have gotten so frustrated that I became angry. Customers, like me, have to remember that it's the human interaction that's important.

I wanted to take the time to write this review, and convey my experience to illustrate two points. First, I dare say, not many people can say that they have had a less pleasurable experience with O'Reilly, and with that, everyone writing a review should take the time to try to accurately relate their experience, not just tell their biased viewpoint. Second, retailers should examine where the real problems in their system are, and work to solve the small contributing factors that can grow into a huge comedy of errors. Best regards, thanks for your time. Side note: I have not proofread the preceding review, so please forgive the spelling, syntax, and word usage.

After getting 7 remanufactured starters (in a row) that were suppose to be new they gave me a starter that didn't fit. Blamed it on a bad batch they said. Not the first time this has happened. Autozone is your best bet.

Really bad service. The last two or three times I have been in the Jacksonville Texas store they have a bunch of employees there that know nothing about parts or customer service. It is sad that we have to drive 30 extra miles to get good parts service at the price of gas.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about O'Reilly Auto Parts?

I went to O'Reilly because I had thought about buying stock in your company and had read a good review. I needed brake pads for my 2012 Toyota Tacoma truck. I wanted my brake rotors turned and I purchased brake pads. Truck has about 40000 miles and brakes worked perfectly (absolutely no pulsation or problem) but I needed new pads. Rotors had very little wear and were about .065" over min. I requested your "technician" take a cut to just clean up rotors to give smooth surface. No gouges just minor wear with maybe .005 variation. I'm sure a cut of .010 an each side would have more than cleaned them up. Rotors after your "clean up" were .007" to .015" BELOW MIN thickness. Your "expert removed about .036" per side or a total of .072". I was concerned so I set the passenger side rotor up in my lathe to check run-out. IT WAS MORE THAN .020". Max should be .0015 to .003". In summary the ROTORS ARE SCRAP.

I called the O'REILLY customer service number and was told the district manager would call me back. It's been 3 hours and I need my truck. I am headed to the Toyota dealer to buy new rotors at about $190 because O'REILLY RUINED MY ROTORS and their customer service provide no customer service. I'm really upset.

I will NEVER go to O'Reilly again and will do everything I can to keep other people from making the mistake I did. I certainly will not buy stock and based on my experience a short sell might be in order.

I usually don't do reviews but I really wanted to do one this time. I went to the O'Reilly's on 83rd and Union Hills in Peoria, AZ. I bought a headlight for my truck, the gentlemen that work in the store were very helpful. When I got the headlight, they offered to put the light in for me. This really impressed me, and I wanted to show my appreciation. They went over and above the call of duty and I think this is excellent customer service. It is nice to see that there are still places like this. Thanks guys.

I don't appreciate being told that if I had any problems with the battery come back and give my phone number and that no questions asked it would be replaced by the assistant manager. When I did I was told that the battery was good. I brought back my receipt and was told I could not return the battery. The ** guy that worked on 10/13/16 was very rude and was not willing to help me. I will no longer purchase any parts from O'Reilly. He needs to be fired immediately. No customer experience. I will let anyone I know not to do business with Williamsburg.

In November 2015, I bought a car cover from O'Reilly Auto Parts store in Woodruff, SC. It had a seven (7) year limited warranty. By the summer of 2016, the car cover was brittle and easily torn apart. In September 2016 after finding the receipt for the car cover, I took it back to the O'Reilly store in Newberry SC. First they looked on the shelf for the replacement cover which was empty. Upon discussion with the attendant and then with the manager, they determined there had been a recall on this particular car cover. Their advice was to go back to the original O'Reilly store for satisfaction.

Since Woodruff was some distance from Newberry, I called the store and spoke with the manager. Keep in mind, the folks in Newberry were not very helpful at all. However, the manager in Woodruff was forward-leaning and stated he would call the store in Newberry for further clarification since he wasn't aware of any recalls on this car cover. The manager in Newberry had stated he had pulled all the affected "recall" covers off the shelves and would be sending them back to the company. Well, it wasn't thirty minutes later that I get a call from the Newberry store stating they had a replacement cover. Once I returned to the Newberry store to pick it up, the attendant advised the cover replacement was the final action they would take since it was under recall.

Now my action will be to further search out the company's name which manufactured the defective cover in the first place and see if there is any other corrective actions I can pursue since this replacement cover obviously will only be effective for six months as well. I will never shop at any O'Reilly store again, lousy service for a known defective item.

I got a distributor for my truck, got it under my boss' commercial account... This was 11 months ago... Since then my truck has been broken down every week. Had to have it towed home 3 times... The ignition module went out... Replaced the distributor again. Now I found out what is wrong with my truck... Can you guess what it is? I have no intermittent injector pulse... Yup it's a p.o.s. distributor. Called O'Reilly's. They can't find the warranty... My girlfriend was on the phone with them and I told them to go ** themselves. I threw the distributor and smashed it... I will go to advanced auto... I will be bringing all my parts back to o'Reilly's and they can shove them so far up their **... I wanted to throw it through their window. It wasn't me. You told me I never bought one... I really hate o'Reilly. I will never go back.

Car wouldn't start this morning. With phone support from my husband, I was able to get it jumped. Stopped first at NAPA Easley, SC and was told they don't install batteries. Moved on to O'Reilly's. They sold me a battery and installed it. No questions asked. Customer service really appreciated! I'm sure it's not complicated but I didn't have the tools to get it done. Thank you O'Reilly Auto Parts Easley, SC for a job well done.

Most of the time, I go to O'Reilly because it's the closest parts house to me. However, I've decided I'm going back to Auto Zone and NAPA for parts, because O'Reilly stocks poorly built parts that don't hold up long, at least some parts anyway. Case in point: I bought a remanufactured alternator for my truck from them. A couple weeks later, my battery was down. Nothing was left on. Since the battery, which I purchased from Auto Zone 4-5 years ago was getting old, I went to them and just bought a new one with high CCA's like the old one, assuming it was time.

Two days later, IT went down, just like the other did. I remembered a trick someone showed me, where you take the negative clamp off the battery and just barely touch the post with it. "HMMM, see a little spark there, something is pulling my battery down!" I thought. I disconnected the hot wire from the alternator and tried again. NO SPARK. The alternator is the culprit! I took it back and told them I wanted to upgrade to a new one. They swapped it for a new one with no hassle. I paid only $15.00 more for the new one. So far, no problems. Another example: I bought a motor mount for the same vehicle just 3 years ago to replace the original that had come apart after 20-plus years. This one has already worn out! A mount should last far longer than 3 years. So I went to NAPA this time, for a new left side motor mount, AGAIN! From now on, it's just oil, filters and bulbs when I do business with O'Reilly. As for parts, I'll go with A.Z. or NAPA.

I bought a 800 watt inverter in May. When I went back to the same store that I had bought it at I told the man at the counter that my accountant had my receipt. He told me that the system would not let him go back to May. Which was 4 months ago. Something smells BAD. My wife depends on it to keep oxygen concentrator running. Do they care? NO.

Went to get water pump. At O'REILLY'S AUTOPARTS AT 2540 E Avenue S Palmdale, CA 93550 and want to say the girl by the name of ** was great. She did her best to help us with everything we needed and had a smile through the whole thing. We, me and my wife, were very pleased with the customer service there and would more than happy to be a return customer at that location. Thank you again.

Took back brake pads and rotters. First thing he says these are cheap pads and that a rock might have damaged them then tell me my brake fluid leaked on them. I got new calipers and rotter and drove 2,400 miles in 3 days. No way they were leaking. I tried to apologize for first misunderstanding. Then rather rudely he says, "You will be back in a week for the same problem". I offered to bring vehicle back to show any leaks he said, "No all warranty it but you will be back in a week again to fix same problem". There were cracks in brake pads and groves in rotters granted I replaced calipers.

So I asked for manager his response (Andy asst manager), "YOUR MOMMA IS". Then I lost it dropped some F bombs. He then offered to take me out back and kick my ass. I have never been threatened like that or talked to that by a retailer ever. I have done customer service for 35 plus years and never talked to anyone like that. They need to fire him. The assistant manager already has lots of bad reviews. I would have been fired. I also had all my paper work and he offered to replace but his comment was way over the top. You should not threaten customers like that.

Be warned the remanufactured ac compressor NO GOOD. I put four on my 95 s-10 all of them the clutch burned up due to wrong air gap... And the store blamed it on me. Called home store three times no response back. They service suck. They parts suck... Dumb counter people. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PART FROM THEM FREAKING CLOWNS.

When I go in there with a part number and I give that part number to your cashier. He scratches his head - tries to look up the part number - scratches his head a few more times asked what my vehicle is. I tell him. I tell him it has a aftermarket distributor. I tell him the part number of the distributor. He continues to scratch his head. Long story short kid can't look up the part - can't find the part doesn't know what I'm talking about. I'm sure it's not his fault. It's the way management labels of their parts and O'Reilly isn't alone about this issue all the major so called parts - stores are ran ass backwards.

I called for prices and was told 2 items would need to "be ordered", then went to the store to order the parts, and was told I would have to pay shipping from California for the parts. I asked why I wasn't informed before I made the trip to the store. I received a barrage of flimsy excuses ranging from "You didn't talk to me" to "it is our policy." I ordered my stuff from RockAuto, paid shipping and a core deposit for $5.00 less than O'Reilly (and will get it sooner). So much for shopping locally. I don't want these people in my "locality", they belong in a big city where that can treat customers like excrement and get away with it. With service like this, maybe they won't last long here.

So in the last month I have spent about 1000.00 bucks at O'Reilly's. Every part that I have replaced on my truck has failed within 2 to 3 days... If that long... 5 pcv valves because they gave me the wrong vacuum hose. The hose would warm during operation and cause it to pull just enough air by to open valve and allow oil into my intake manifold. In doing so the truck shuts off because it's not meant to run on 40w engine oil. Spark plug wires have been replaced 3 times in a month due to faulty insulation from factory. 3 Throttle position sensors in a 2 days because the manufacturer only sealed top of housing and not the bottom so it literally separates from the harness at running temperature... which also causes shut down at highway speeds as well as vacuum issues and shifting problems. The ignition coil has been replaced 3 times. First was unsealed with the resin dripping out of the box.

2nd coil failed ohm and continuity test out of the box. The third worked for a week and now failing. I've had a rewards account since 2012. Supposedly all my records have been misfiled or missing or CPU says incomplete data. This was not the case yesterday when we reviewed my account to verify receipts warranties and rewards. Fuel pump was damaged out of the box. Was told I dropped it or broke it. It was in the box sealed with cellophane and had 6 or 8 giant staples holding it closed. I brought box back to show no damage and not one bubble was popped on bubble wrap. Was told "Sorry take it up with the manufacturer." 2-year warranty never valid. 345 bucks pissed into the wind. 2 idle air controls because the first didn't even have the seal or plunger on the IAC. Took it back, had to stay in store for an hour and a half to get replaced. Sold me wrong pigtails. Sold me wrong harnesses, sold me wrong fuel regulator.

When brought up I was told by an obnoxious teenager who's never turned a wrench that I gave him the wrong info or wrong truck. Been working on cars longer than he's been alive. Mmm I've only rebuilt my truck from the ground up and had it 7 years. So sure I just forgot what I was driving and I must like buying the wrong parts or unusable parts due to malfunction or improper manufacturing. I have receipts and all parts were on my account yesterday. I physically seen them with the manager. Now all that's gone and they won't accept a receipt. Pulled part numbers to see when and where they were bought but can't prove I bought them even though my card matched card on receipt. Was told it happens all the time. It's a program or CPU issues that's been happening for years. Told me today after 3 hours at 2 locations that they were sorry and couldn't help me.

So needless to say I hope they go out of business soon. The customer service is garbage. They blame the customer for everything... and are selling the bottom of the barrel parts from jackleg vendors. I will take every dime I have elsewhere. They offer only one brand of parts and some of those they can't order or get. Auto zone 10 plus vendors. Advanced 6 plus vendors. Carquest, NAPA and Pep Boys all multiple vendors. The aftermarket selection looks like my first cold air intake and fisher price toys. Can't even get Accel performance 8 mm wires. Or E3 plugs. Hell not even Bosch split fire platinum plugs. Lmao. Wal-Mart sells those. These guys even gave me the wrong gas cap and was told I must have changed my gooseneck or tank. Lol. Gooseneck is 2 piece and doesn't go up that far to threads of cap.

Was giving an AC relay for my ASD and when I called kid out on it he said "What they look the same bro! It should work." Yes it does fit but doesn't have the resistance needed for ASD which is automatic shutdown if I lose oil or fuel pressure. This company is garbage. The parts are garbage. The service, warranties, and excuses are garbage. I sat in the parking lot for over an hour repinning, wiring and gluing brand new sensors together while employees smoked cigarettes and talked on their phones watching me after they refused to honor their own policies. Never again. I will go to NAPA or Autozone or Carquest. Hell I'll go to ** Wal-Mart before I go back to O'Reilly's. If you're reading this take warning. They will rob you, lie to you and then blame you for all issues maybe not the first time but IT WILL HAPPEN. GOOD LUCK AND STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS.

I bought a brand new fuel pump for my truck. It was a mechanical fuel pump. Not electric. It was not a reman pump but brand new. It was bad straight out of the box. Although I was able to exchange it I find it ridiculous that O'Reilly cannot source better parts to sell. It was quite a hassles to diagnose that a brand new pump out the box was defective. Not to mention the time, effort and expense to replace it for a second time. This is the second part that I have purchased within 4 months that was defective right out of the box. The other was a starter that was defective. I am writing this review in hopes that someone at O'Reilly take notice to what is happening. I will never shop at O'Reilly ever again for anything. Period.

O'Reilly Auto Parts just isn't what they used to be! I was happy to hear that O'Reilly was opening up down the street from me. I used O'Reilly for the bulk of my business, years ago when I had another business. They were great. Too bad they are nothing like they once were. I called the new store on a Friday to see what I would need to open a commercial account. The commercial sales person told me he would be by to see me that weekend, Monday at the latest. Close to two weeks later he shows up with his boss. Told me that he didn't drop the ball..... must have been miscommunication, I overlooked that.

I ordered two parts from the store. On the second delivery, I noticed there was tax charged on the part. I told the driver to have the store manager call me. That never happened. I waited until the next day and called corporate. That person said he'd get on it immediately and take care of it that day. Never heard a thing about it again.

I finally called the manager on the 1st of April and he said he would refund the tax money and have the core picked up that day. Never heard from him again! On the 8th of April, I called corporate again. Again, I was assured it would be handled. Here it is the 12th of April, a conversation with the store manager, three calls to corporate, and I have yet to deal with one person that hasn't completely dropped the ball. The core that they were supposed to pick up is still sitting beside my desk. Looks like I'm going to have to return it myself and eat the tax money too.

Update: Never heard from corporate, never heard from the store manager. They sent a driver with a cash refund on the taxes and core. The days of business owners and management making things right is long gone with this company. I guess they go on averages now. Most people these days are sheep, they'll continue to do business with businesses that don't care about their customers. I never thought I'd see the day that O'Reilly's became worse than Autozone, that day has come! DON'T even THINK of DOING BUSINESS with these PEOPLE. They treat paying customers like dirt and apparently don't have anyone they have to answer to.

We spent the entire day trying to get our car fixed. Long story short. Paid to have first alternator put on. Went off, got stuck again. Had to go back, BUY another one, had pay someone to loan us his car to drive across town to get part from another store, pay to have it put on second time. They would not pay for second install. Did not know it was a refurbished part. They never offered me a new one.

Entered store at 8:00AM, spent 150.00 for tune up parts and brake parts, ask counter person about resurfacing drums, he said takes about an hour. Left store, removed drums, installed brake parts, returned to store at 11:00AM. There were four employees in store, one on telephone and being able to see to rear of store, I saw three employees gathered around one computer screen. One on telephone said "be with you in a minute bud". Stood around waiting, walked toward rear of store attempting to get attention of other employees. They look at me, continued to hover over each other. Person on phone hung up phone and went to rear of store to speak to the three in rear, came back to counter and ask me if he could help me find something.

Needless to say, but now I'm pissed. I stood there chewing the inside of my lip, and said I would like to get these drums turned but I wanted them done today. He told me it would be about three hours, so, pissed I left. Went and removed their parts from my truck and returned them for my $ back saying this, "I will never go into another O'Reilly Auto Parts store." I am an auto tech by profession and I will tell everyone who will listen, stay the hell away from O'Reilly Auto Parts. I could go anywhere and be treated like crap, why go to O'Reilly's?

Ordered an axle for our car, and the wrong axle came into their shop. They identified that the axle was without ABS feature, but went ahead and sold it to our mechanic anyway. Very angry! We didn't say that was a thing we wanted to do. Both the mechanic and the shotty salesperson are at fault, and this could have easily, Very easily been avoided if O Reilly's had an ounce of honesty. I will NEVER recommend them and will actively dissuade people from using OReilly for anything. Dishonest Shop!

Ordered a new radiator for my car on Sunday morning and was told it would be in the next day, (Monday), at 10:30 AM. Went in around noon on Monday and was told, "Oh no. You were told wrong, our orders come in on Tuesday and Thursday." I went back Tuesday and the radiator was there, in an opened box and clearly damaged. Why someone did not take the initiative to identify this radiator as damaged, order another radiator and call me and let me know of the situation? Oh no, they waited for me to show up at 5:20 PM to tell them the radiator was damaged and they needed to order another one. So, I went back Wednesday at 5:30 to pick up my radiator and guess what, they ordered the wrong radiator. Refund time and time to go to Advance Auto. Yep.

My son couldn't get a Costco battery for his car so we went to O'Reilly's in Eureka, CA. The guy at the counter was pleasant and encouraging. He told us we could return the very expensive 2 year battery if for any reason it didn't work out. He also managed to get us to buy some very overpriced little foil packages of grease and I bought the tail lights for my car. The battery return price $18 seemed high too.

So we go back in there and this other guy is being negative, shaking his head the minute he saw us, saying "That's a used battery. That's a used battery. I can't take that. It's against company policy." The original guy is nowhere to be found. That other guy was just so darned rude. I returned the other stuff (I'll probably just get the tail light bulbs on Amazon) and I will NEVER go there again. There's an Autozone in Eureka now. I don't know if they are just as bad or not. But I'm not giving that corporation another cent of mine. Ugh. It's just too bad Costco didn't have the battery. Whatever happened to "The customer is always right?" Costco exemplifies this and that's why I continue to spend money there. Not the case with O'Reillys.

I bought a water pump, that exploded after 2 day. Installed by a professional mechanic. I returned the water pump and filed a labor claim, for $1,900 damage. The store manager said in his words, "The part was defective and would be checked." Well after months of waiting, O'Reilly Auto parts concluded that the other parts were defective and caused the water pump to fail. OK but I also bought them from them, now that I made them understand this. You won't believe this, O'Reilly says they do not have anything to do with parts being defective and to take it up with the Manufacturer. So what O'Reilly is saying is that they sell defective parts, so please listen and shop elsewhere. Regret.

Went to the O'Reilly Auto Parts store in Huntersville NC to return a unused part. Had receipt of purchase and part which was in a unopened package with factory seals still on box. Counter person was rude and initially wasn't going to accept part even though it was obviously not opened. I demanded a refund on my debit card and he then threatened to call police on me. I asked for manager and he refused. He removed his uniform so I couldn't get his name to complain.

I own a successful auto repair facility and they have been asking for my business for years. I decided to try them out before I set up account. I definitely will not set up account even though I finally got my refund. I have never in my life been treated with such disrespect as I was today. I plan on filing a formal complaint with corporate office. I do auto repair for disabled veterans which this part was for free, including the parts. I don't need to put up with such bs from their employees. I recommend you go somewhere else before you deal with this company.

December 2014, purchased a battery from O'Reilly's and after 3 weeks my truck would not start. So I took it to O'Reilly's and they tried to tell me that it's not the battery, there is a problem with my truck. So I got mad and finally they admitted that the battery was faulty and gave me a new one. Now the battery they replaced it with is not working either! I'm getting a Die Hard battery and never dealing with O'Reilly's again! In the past I had a Riviera that needed a fuel pump and my car was at the shop next door and I went to O'Reilly's 3 times because all 3 fuel pumps were defective and my mechanic said people been complaining about their parts and their products are no good!!! Never purchase anything from O'Reilly's again!

My husband bought ball bearings. Got them home and got the old ones off the truck and opened the new ones. They are the exact same ones in each box but labeled wrong. Called the manager and he didn't want to own up to it, and it wasn't their mistake. "Life happens" is what was said. I will never go back.

O'Reilly Auto Parts Company Profile