1.47/5
Based on 144 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

153 O'Reilly Auto Parts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

I have spent a lot of money with O'Reilly's. Not only did they ever take care of me on my rewards that I should of had after one day went into O'Reilly's. Spent well over 2000 dollars that day and never seen any rewards for it. Was told call corporate. Got response. Couldn't be rewarded so went back to store. They said that it had two accounts. Anyways never got anything for rewards of anything. Then here it is again on warranties.

Call O'Reilly's for an exchange needed for my 4 x 4. After talking to one store that two people were looking for warranty said didn't have. They would have to order it. I said, "Could you send it to store where I live closest?" Said no. Gave me wrong part number to give. He said I would have to go through the store at Lavernia so I did. They told me that the part is no longer warrantied because I had already got part exchange that they can't and will not warranty it. I said, "But it's lifetime." So another person got on manager. Said, "We warrantied it once then you purchased another one. Because of that it voided your lifetime replacement." I said, "Ok. Never heard of." Then she hung up on me.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I went to O'Reilly to get my car checked out, because the service light kept coming on. This is free, so I didn't expect it to tell me much. It came up as my motor was over temperature. I'm a girl that doesn't really know a single thing about cars and asked if it could be a coolant issue, which I was willing to buy. They told me "I should be good if I have any in it" and that it was overheating because it was hot outside. This should have been a red flag, but to me I guess it made a little bit of sense. The guy told me he had a similar experience, and I would be fine to drive it but just make sure I get it checked out sometime. The next day, I went to start my car, and every sensor light was flashing on and off, I was getting a "STOP SAFELY NOW" warning. My car wouldn't turn on at all.

I tried jumping my car, and it would not take a charge. I then had my car towed to a dealership that has previously worked on my car. That's when I got the worst phone call EVER, about how my electric engine had failed, and had to be completely replaced, which totaled apx. 6,000. I realize that O'Reilly is not a dealership, doesn't necessarily work or fix cars. The moral of my story is to NEVER TRUST THEIR ADVICE. If they didn't know that I would be okay to drive it, don't say that. If you haven't looked at how much coolant is in someone's car, do not tell them they don't need more.

As a woman that lives alone, does not have any family in this state, I unfortunately trusted their judgement, which was obviously a big mistake. I'm sure this store is great for a lot of things, but general knowledge about coolant doesn't seem to be one of them. I will be going to AutoZone from now on, as they have never given me false information if they were not sure about something.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Went in for a fuel pump for a Pontiac Grand Prix GT 3.8 early 2000s. Told him not sure if fuel pump or not yet so if I return it can I if I don't put it in. He said yes. Figured anywhere between $30-$100 max $298.55 he said. I almost ** my pants. I'm like what? I bought one for a German and out of country cars cheaper than that. I said, "You have anything cheaper?" He said, "Yes. $255 but we don't have that one." So I'm like **. If I need it I better get it all parts pretty much same at other places on prices. So on way out we look up fuel pumps. Thirty five dollars same kind delivered next day for $50. That's with overnight delivery and to be so far off just shows your company or that company don't care about the customer just the bottom dollar and that's where all businesses fail.

Mark my words. May not be today or tomorrow but the customer is your money people and if you piss off your customers you think we won't go to the twenty other auto parts stores or buy online. So I return it. I didn't even leave lot. Can't believe that's like four hundred percent increase. Rip off artists. So they reimburse my money on card and I call to see if it's on. It's not. While at store, the manager told me it's up to my card holder to put it on. I said, "No. You reimburse my card. It takes ten seconds for you to receive it and you're telling me you don't know when I'll be reimbursed." Telling me it's up to my company so I called them. They didn't receive it back yet that's hrs ago. Liar thief's and he knew I may be returning and he said nothing about this return policy BS. If they receive it in seconds we should be reimbursed in same amount of time goes right on card.

I will never go there again and I'm also making sure everyone knows their policies are not customer friendly and they charge way too much for their parts. Restaurants are supposed to be the most efficient businesses out there at 100% return. These crooked peeps are going over 400% for the same thing and you can have it sent to your house for way less money for same product. They wonder why they're going out of business and sales dropping. It's not just cause internet, it's because you charge ridiculous prices and your policies on returns and etc are BS and your customer support what customer support. Do you read this O'Reilly.

I'm not rich by no means and most people who go to your stores are not. Otherwise we go to garage. But to charge like a garage would like the snakes some are just shows you that your business needs to be redone from bottom to top cause you all have it ** backwards. Thing is IDK if I've been ripped off, stolen from or when I'll be reimbursed. Them knowing I could be returning it they should of told me their policy and not lie about it and tell me it's up to my company when it's not even reimbursed on my card here which makes me wonder even more. If I took someone's money for something then they returned it and if I didn't pay them then and there I'd be in jail for theft etc. Still didn't tell me their policy on how long it takes either so that's my complaint. Overpricing, no trust makes me feel like they're thieves and I'm on SSSI so that money is my lifeline to them. It's just who cares. Out of sight out of mind is exactly right term for this.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I would like to mark this with zero stars however it will not allow it. Bought a new Ultima alternator and after installing it realized it was not charging and killed my battery. After replacing under warranty the second alternator was charging much because of a faulty voltage regulator and fried my battery. Had to buy a new battery when the one I had was perfectly fine. Took the alternator back for a refund and went to Advance Auto and got a Carquest that works great. Do not Ultima alternators save your time and money and go Advance Auto and get one.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I came to O'Reilly since it was close by. I never actually knew I would be treated well. The gentleman who waited on me was kind. He replaced my headlight bulb. While it only took him 1 minute, it might be took me 10 or so since I am a Woman and I don't know much about cars. I really appreciated his help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about O'Reilly Auto Parts?

Original review: April 18, 2018

I was immediately greeted as I entered. I told Blake my engine light came on and asked if he could find out what was wrong. He happily said yes and grabbed his tool. In 2 minutes I knew what was going on with my car. Luckily it was the gas cap missing yesterday but after replacing it light didn't go away. Blake was very professional and helpful. He deserves a raise.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Well I bought a thermostat their Murray brand and a hose, well in less than 30 days both parts were junk, caused my car to trip the engine light for the thermostat. The radiator hose developed a small hairline crack, not please by this, they did refund the purchase of the defective hose, the thermostat I just threw it away. Went to another parts store, bought a new thermostat and a hose. Haven't had a problem since. They need to stop selling crap made in China.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I just spent $50.69 at O’Reilly Auto Parts store and they gave me a .65 discount. Every time I try to use one of their coupons, it didn’t apply to what I was buying. I’ll never shop there again. There are too many other places that sell the same thing and give me a 10% discount.

Original review: March 20, 2018

They are employing people who can’t order the right part, but then the customer has to wait 3 to 5 days to get their money back, are wait other 3 to 5 days for them to get right part. Everyone of these people need to be fired for their stupidity. I will not be doing business with them again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Originally had an engine replaced in March of 16. Due to my travel schedule I wasn't able to pick the vehicle up until late Jan of 17. Picked it up and it was leaking oil. As soon as I stopped for fuel took back to shop and they replaced the rear main seal, picked back up 3 days later still leaking oil and now a/c wasn't working. Returned to shop for repair. Picked up again and all was well. For about 12k miles started going through tons and tons of oil and knocking. Took back to original shop for replacement and wife went to pick up as shop told her all was well. Before they pulled it out of the shop 2nd replacement blew a head gasket and was pulled out and replaced. New one ordered took a couple days to come in and was swapped.

Wife loaded up daughter and clothes from trip and the 3rd replacement broke down before she got out of city limits. It was some kind of sensor that had to be replaced. Drove up to KY. All was well for about 4k miles then drove to North Dakota in it and started knocking and lost oil pressure on the way up replaced engine once more. This is now engine number 4 and within 600 miles of having this one replaced it's starting to jerk really bad when you let off the gas and the warranty is finishing every excuse to not cover it. Don't waste your money on their parts they refuse to honor warranty and will leave you stick on the road with nothing to show for your money except another repair bill.

I have paperwork to validate all of this so I'm not just a disgruntled person. It was a pure ripoff on their part. I have all of the others but they are at home and I'm out of state again. This is in no way a bad mark against the garage. They went above and beyond to take care of me when I brought them this truck to do a diagnostic on it as per the warranty requirements. So now odds are I need a 5th replacement and O'Reilly refuses to honor the warranty.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018 My experience with O'Reilly Auto Parts. 4530 N Rancho Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89130. I had work done on my 2003 Ford excursion diesel at My Auto Service, 7870 W Ann Rd #170, Las Vegas, NV 89149. They said the work needed was new 8 fuel injectors; and the fuel filter should to be change at the same time. I agreed.

They bought the parts from O'Reilly auto parts on Rancho Drive. The work was done and nothing but trouble since. In the two years following they replaced 22 injectors total. The worst thing that happened, one of the injectors failed, the number one cylinder overheated and my compression went to 0 PSI. A Ford dealership in town checked the issue concluding a new motor would be needed, cost $18,000.00. Using the same injectors from O'Reilly. I don't think so! A set of injectors from Ford cost around $3,400.00.

I sent the bad injector to O'Reilly auto for diagnosis, and three months later they said that the manufacturer said there were particles in the injector that caused the injector to go bad; which would be the fault of the fuel filter. So they didn’t want to warranty the injector(s). Number one: Why didn't they send the part to a third party to be checked; not the manufacturer? So I informed O, Reilly Auto parts that the fuel filter was change out before this all started. With O'Reily auto parts. A filter from your store! They told me to send the filter in to be check out. After waiting three months for the first answer I decided to just sell my 2003 Ford Excursion as is; which I did.

By the way did I say the manager at O'Reilly Auto Part's on 4530 N. Rancho Dr., Las Vegas, NV 89130 told me right of the bat, I was wasting my time. You would think a Company like O'Reilly Auto would stand behind the parts they sell. I looked online and I am not the only person having issue with their parts. My 2003 Ford Excursion only had 170,000 miles on it. For a diesel engine that's nothing. I lost a truck that me and my four kids enjoyed and should have enjoyed for at least ten more years. Now I don't have a truck to pull my boat. I have to rent a truck. Thanks O’Reilly Auto Parts.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Power steering pumps are not good. I paid a mechanic twice to do the repairs. I brought it back to get it replaced. 3 power steering pumps didn't work so I got a return and went to another part store to get the pump. Now my car is running like a champ. Stay away from this store.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I have been using O'REILLY Auto Parts for many years and have always had a very satisfactory experience. Since moving in 2001 to my current location I have used the Warrensburg store numerous times and as always have had a good experience. Their prices are fair and customer service is always top notch. One time I went in looking for a part and didn't know the name but the gentleman that waited on me did and took me right to it. I have had several dealings with Rusty and this guy just goes way above and beyond in helping where he can. I have told several people to seek out Rusty when they go there to buy parts. He is also very helpful if another employee doesn't know exactly how to locate a part. He is an expert at his job, customer service and helping fellow employees. It's always a pleasure in dealing with this store. I know a couple of auto repair shops and they have the same opinion of Rusty and the Warrensburg store.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

For over 10 years I have used O'Reilly Auto Parts in at least eight states literally from coast to coast, North to South, and in the Midwest. I have used at least 19 different locations as well as their online ordering. With only the exception of two individuals, I have found their staff to be very courteous, friendly, professional and helpful. More than likely they have either the great quality part I need or the inexpensive item I want because I'll probably never need it again. They have always readily accepted any item I have tried to return and of course I keep any item I may need to return in good condition. Their database has allowed me to get replacement items under warranty without having to keep track of my sales ticket as they keep track of all my purchases on my rewards account.

Their loaner program has saved me a bundle of money by not having to purchase specialty tools I may only use once or twice a lifetime. If they do not have a part I need in-stock, they will locate a store that has the item and have the other store hold it for me. I have had only good experiences with redeeming the discount coupons they send me automatically by email. The only reason I did not give them five stars is because I can still usually get my oil cheaper at Walmart; however, O'Reilly's is very much my go-to auto parts store.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I am actually getting tired of being asked a million questions about my vehicle. I'm needing a replacement headlamp for a 98 F150. Lariat. I don't feel that engine size or whether its 2 or 4 wheel-drive is relevant when looking for a headlamp.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I bought a Power Torque Rebuilt 5.4 Ford Engine for my 2000 Ford pickup. I had always had good luck with warranties from O'Reilly's in the past and this engine carries a 3 year, unlimited mileage warranty. Immediately after putting it in, it starts making a slight noise. I changed the oil and added a quart of Lucas hoping that the noise was a lifter that had not settled down yet. Needless to say, it just kept getting worse. I finally got time and money to have the engine pulled to send it in for warranty. That's when everything changed. It took almost a month before I heard anything. O'Reilly had me deal with the builder instead of covering the warranty.

Of course the builder said it was not their engine but was caused by engine management. They offered to give me correct price back for the $3000.00 engine. When I tried to discuss the claim, I was told to deal with O'Reilly's. When I did this, they said the engine looked bad and it must be something we did. This was December 4th which, at that time I told them to send my engine back. It sucks. January 3rd and I am still waiting on my engine. Long story short... DO NOT buy a special order engine or transmission... O'Reilly's will NOT honor the warranty. Not to mention it has been more than 2 months and I don't even have the engine back so I can try to fix it.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Have used O'Reilly's for over 25 years! Have used their parts on all my own vehicles and over 100s of others. Had people go there and buy it from them as well so I could repair their cars. I recently bought an alternator, using my O'Reilly's "rewards" card and the same phone number I’ve used for years! Well the alternator went bad on my son's vehicle (after only 6 months) which is not O'Reilly's fault. Stuff happens... So as normal it was lifetime. Took it off and back up to O'Reilly's. Well for whatever reason they couldn’t find it in their system using my phone number so I called the original store I bought from. Still NO luck. This is the second time they couldn’t find it in the system??? The last time I finally found the receipt. It was clearly their alternator. It was theirs, their part number sticker was still on it?

All the other parts stores use different numbers and brands as well. It was theirs! But couldn’t replace it?? Or wouldn’t!! A lot of the employees even know me cuz I frequent them often! So I called back again to plead my case but to no avail! So I went next door to NAPA! They had a new one in stock. I was wanting a reman for the cost so they sold me a new one for the cost of what a reman from O'Reilly's would have cost me! I have used NAPA a few times in the past when O'Reilly's didn’t have what I needed and they always had it! Napa is my new store. If there is a Napa near you. I’d suggest you give them a try. I guarantee it will be your new store as well!!! Napa know how I tried giving them a half star! But it wouldn’t let me. From now on I'll recommend them (NAPA) to everyone I know!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

We have purchased 3 new thermostats in about one year. The last one was purchased about 3 months ago. Problem!!! I am sitting broke down due to overheating yet again, but this time I am 6 hours from home. Was in the middle of the forest in the middle of the night and cold outside. Not safe, I am not buying another product from O'Reilly's again. Poor product, thermostat should last longer. FYI we tested the last thermostat and it was bad. NEED TO FIND ANOTHER SUPPLIER O'REILLY'S. You've almost blew up my car.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

My wife's car broke down in O'Reilly's parking lot in Orange, TX on Dec 9, 2017. Oil had leaked from engine valve cover onto alternator causing it to stall then die. Went in the store one of the employees immediately came outside and checked the voltage with a meter. Half of what it should be. All the employees helped in one way or another. They sold me a new alternator and called a traveling mechanic who had me going back home in a few hours. I was going to call a wrecker and have the car towed to a shop. These people saved us towing charges and the car probably wouldn't have been repaired until Monday maybe. That's what I call really, really good service. Hope they all get raises. The car was a Hyundai Veracruz limited by the way. Alternators should not be mounted close to the ground and under the engine. Merry Christmas and God bless the employees at O'Reilly auto parts in Orange, TX.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Very poor customer service! Will not provide copies of our billing... Will not process labor claims. Do not join certified auto repair program... You will be sorry! Feel free to contact me at ** and I will provide details along with copies of our unprocessed labor claims.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I bought a fuel pump for my truck. After installing I realized there was a short in the wires. There was nothing wrong with the pumps and they wouldn't refund me. Now I'm out almost $90 and I have a part that I'll never need. Buy parts online. You have a wait time but at least it always half the price or better. I'll never go there again.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I recently purchased a double flare tool kit for flaring my 1/4" brake line. When I got home I began to try and flare the brake line, the clamp kept falling off, and actually wore a spot in the holding tool preventing me for flaring any more. The tool came with a year warranty. I return to O'Reilly and they told me they could not refund me because it was used, NOW how and am I suppose to know if it works if I do not use it. Then they told me I could replace it with a new one, Which they did not have one in stock, they took my phone number and told me they would call me when one came in, that was over a 2-weeks ago. 1 replacement will not do me any good, but I will take it. I have not received any call as of 11/10/2017.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I called to see if they had small batteries such as are used on go-carts, scooters, etc. The employee said I had to have a part number for him to tell me if they had them; actually I was calling HIM for the part number. Very rude. Then my wife went in to get a water hose for her Hyundai. He showed her one that was very long, clearly not for her car. He then rudely dismissed her as not knowing what she wanted. May have been the same employee but we have no identification for him sadly.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I purchased a U-joint from O'Reilly of Ottawa Illinois. After a few miles of driving the U-joint busted throwing my drive shaft to the ground and up hitting my transfer case. The transfer case spun and busted the bell housing between the transmission and the transfer case. I turned in all my receipts to O'Reilly because the transmission was rebuilt and the transfer case was replaced. O'Reilly's manager told me to turn in the receipts of all the cost and I did. Upon an investigation into what happened O'Reilly is not going to do nothing. They're 100% satisfaction guaranteed means nothing that is plastered on the front of their buildings. They are not going to satisfy me. They are not going to do anything as far as satisfying the customer. $3,000 worth of damage done to my vehicle and O'Reilly will do nothing to compensate me.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I went to O'Reilly's at 1030 28 Bypass in Anderson. I needed to inquire about the stop leak they had sold me a few weeks before (with 100% guarantee) because it's still leaking. Which requires my buying more fluid. I had noticed that the prices were considerably higher than other local stores all. I pulled up the closest Walmart on my phone with distance and current price. I went to the counter and attempted to speak with salesperson, I was cut short and directed to someone else. The other person informed me that they couldn't do that because the product I had was $9 or higher. I tried to explain that the product I had was in fact $3.99 and the Walmart price was $1.77. Both were Preston and both 12 ounces. I was dismissed because their auto department was closed. The fact that they could see the ad made no difference. I left without purchasing anything.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Working on customer's Toyota Tacoma (2001) doing a front end job. She brings me all the parts purchased from "Her" parts guy in town. Most, if not all of the parts are manufactured by a company called Import Direct. Problem One: Sway Bar Link kits: Right and Left sides take opposing ball-joint type links. I open the boxes (different part #s) to find the exact same parts in each box. I have to return one and order another. This prolongs my job another two days.

Problem Two: While installing lower ball joints, I was confronted with a set of 4 bolts with metric threads and SAE heads. Original bolts had much smaller head size, while these new bolts were much larger but not metric. Opened second box for other side of vehicle and noted that the bolt head size was in fact a 17mm. All bolts stamped 10.9 (Hardness of the steel). Bolts in first box, although they have the correct thread size and count have 5/8" SAE heads.

This is totally confusing and the bolts should all be the same (and metric) regardless of which box I open. These parts on a metric vehicle should be "metric".

Contacted auto parts store that sold her these parts, and was told "Well you just have to have patience when working on any vehicle". Really? I will never buy parts from this retailer, nor will I buy from O'Reilly's Auto Parts since a quick search indicates that Import Direct is owned by O'Reilly's and they primarily produce "Remanufactured" parts. This has been a bad experience all around.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Bought an alternator for my 42 year old vehicle. When I went to install it, the threads were bad and could not tighten the bolt to keep the belt tight. Being this is a seldom requested part, they only keep 1 in stock, and with my vehicle down, was able to find one around the corner at AutoZone. I simply planned to take this one back for a refund. When I took it back, I was immediately blamed for using an impact wrench. First of all, I said, any idiot who tries an impact for this shouldn't be working on vehicles, plus there is no room for an impact anyway. Then he changed his mind and said I cross-threaded it. I held the bolt up so he could clearly see it and stated that this bolt has clearly not been cross-threaded. If the bolt ripped the threads out of the hole, the threads on the bolt would definitely show some damage.

The employee said I would have to deal with the manager, so I asked when he would be there. When I went back, he was not there, only the assistant manager. Apparently, the manager is the only person who can make any decisions, so I had to return another day and finally was able to talk to the manager. Now he tells me the only thing he can do is give me another one, which by now had been reordered, since the one on the shelf had been sold. I told him I had found another so I could get my vehicle on the road. He would not refund my money, so now I am stuck with an alternator I do not need and a 2nd core charge.

When I took the old one back to get my core charge refunded, I didn't have it in a box, as the new alternator, which I no longer needed, was still in the box. They said they have to send it back in the box, and asked if I could get it for them. I said no, the new one that I no longer need is still in the box so I can try to sell it to someone who needs one. I told them I am done with them. I talked with a couple other auto stores and was told I would have been refunded since they too only have 1 in stock. I have done my own auto repairs for 35 years and currently have 5 autos in my household. I will never make another purchase from this chain. The way it looks, I should have read the reviews before stepping foot in their door. The lesson learned is if you buy something, and this would go for any auto parts store, give it a 100% check over to make sure it is good BEFORE you take it out the door.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I had ordered parts on Friday. Called on Tuesday (the day the parts were supposed to be there) a guy called A.J. (wouldn’t give last name). I asked what info he needed to find my parts (I’d already paid for). His answer threw me for a loop. He said if I was going to be rude he was going to hang up on me or I could come to the store and handle this face to face, so, I drove the 16 miles to the store to speak to his manager which did no good. He was still running his mouth at me when I left and the manager just stood there, of course I won’t go back. Ever!! Any business that allows that level of rudeness to a customer.

Original review: July 1, 2017

My disappointment with O'Reilly Auto Parts west Colonial Dr. I call O'Reilly Auto Parts to know if they carry cylinder head bolts for a 2011 Chevy Aveo job I was doing. The person on the phone answered me that they have it in stock for $55.99 and they have Fel-Pro a (supposedly) high class brand. I went the next day and get it along with a head gasket, my total was $107 for both, and they also provide me a copy of the torque specification under my request. The lady at the counter even told me that I have one year warranty. I was disappointed when I opened the box and found 10 rusty bolts in two bags. Since I already bought them, I went ahead and start the installation.

According to the paper she gave me at the store, the torque specs for head bolts are 18 Fefe pounds plus 90-90-90-45 degrees each turn. On my 3rd pass, one of the bolt snapped in the head and there is no way to remove it since the head was completely off and fell into the engine. I chased it with a magnet and brought if to the store with my receipt. The same lady this time told me I have to bring everything back in order to do something and after talking to her "manager" in the back, she change her version to tell me this time it's all my fault. How can it be since I didn't even finished tightening them to specifications when that happened? I consider they stole my $107 and ruined my job. My recommendation is for any reason, don't buy head bolts and/or engine parts (interior) from O'Reilly Auto Parts. You will regret it like me. They sell crappy used parts for new.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Very disappointed that O'Reilly Auto Parts Veterans Memorial Pkwy would not refund for a return car jack with original packing... and receipt... however for some reason the cashier either wanted to get me to debate or was just had a bad mood day. After conversing with a supposedly a manager... it was decided that it had been used and out of warranty... however the jack had not been used by me. And was in my car until it was total. I am trying to wrap my mind around what a refund versus losing a customer would weigh the most. I am sure this company want last... but wanted to let others know what they may face.

O'Reilly Auto Parts Company Information