1.38/5
  • 1 star
Based on 125 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 28, 2017

134 O'Reilly Auto Parts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Very poor customer service! Will not provide copies of our billing... Will not process labor claims. Do not join certified auto repair program... You will be sorry! Feel free to contact me at ** and I will provide details along with copies of our unprocessed labor claims.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I bought a fuel pump for my truck. After installing I realized there was a short in the wires. There was nothing wrong with the pumps and they wouldn't refund me. Now I'm out almost $90 and I have a part that I'll never need. Buy parts online. You have a wait time but at least it always half the price or better. I'll never go there again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I recently purchased a double flare tool kit for flaring my 1/4" brake line. When I got home I began to try and flare the brake line, the clamp kept falling off, and actually wore a spot in the holding tool preventing me for flaring any more. The tool came with a year warranty. I return to O'Reilly and they told me they could not refund me because it was used, NOW how and am I suppose to know if it works if I do not use it. Then they told me I could replace it with a new one, Which they did not have one in stock, they took my phone number and told me they would call me when one came in, that was over a 2-weeks ago. 1 replacement will not do me any good, but I will take it. I have not received any call as of 11/10/2017.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I called to see if they had small batteries such as are used on go-carts, scooters, etc. The employee said I had to have a part number for him to tell me if they had them; actually I was calling HIM for the part number. Very rude. Then my wife went in to get a water hose for her Hyundai. He showed her one that was very long, clearly not for her car. He then rudely dismissed her as not knowing what she wanted. May have been the same employee but we have no identification for him sadly.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I purchased a U-joint from O'Reilly of Ottawa Illinois. After a few miles of driving the U-joint busted throwing my drive shaft to the ground and up hitting my transfer case. The transfer case spun and busted the bell housing between the transmission and the transfer case. I turned in all my receipts to O'Reilly because the transmission was rebuilt and the transfer case was replaced. O'Reilly's manager told me to turn in the receipts of all the cost and I did. Upon an investigation into what happened O'Reilly is not going to do nothing. They're 100% satisfaction guaranteed means nothing that is plastered on the front of their buildings. They are not going to satisfy me. They are not going to do anything as far as satisfying the customer. $3,000 worth of damage done to my vehicle and O'Reilly will do nothing to compensate me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about O'Reilly Auto Parts?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I went to O'Reilly's at 1030 28 Bypass in Anderson. I needed to inquire about the stop leak they had sold me a few weeks before (with 100% guarantee) because it's still leaking. Which requires my buying more fluid. I had noticed that the prices were considerably higher than other local stores all. I pulled up the closest Walmart on my phone with distance and current price. I went to the counter and attempted to speak with salesperson, I was cut short and directed to someone else. The other person informed me that they couldn't do that because the product I had was $9 or higher. I tried to explain that the product I had was in fact $3.99 and the Walmart price was $1.77. Both were Preston and both 12 ounces. I was dismissed because their auto department was closed. The fact that they could see the ad made no difference. I left without purchasing anything.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Working on customer's Toyota Tacoma (2001) doing a front end job. She brings me all the parts purchased from "Her" parts guy in town. Most, if not all of the parts are manufactured by a company called Import Direct. Problem One: Sway Bar Link kits: Right and Left sides take opposing ball-joint type links. I open the boxes (different part #s) to find the exact same parts in each box. I have to return one and order another. This prolongs my job another two days.

Problem Two: While installing lower ball joints, I was confronted with a set of 4 bolts with metric threads and SAE heads. Original bolts had much smaller head size, while these new bolts were much larger but not metric. Opened second box for other side of vehicle and noted that the bolt head size was in fact a 17mm. All bolts stamped 10.9 (Hardness of the steel). Bolts in first box, although they have the correct thread size and count have 5/8" SAE heads.

This is totally confusing and the bolts should all be the same (and metric) regardless of which box I open. These parts on a metric vehicle should be "metric".

Contacted auto parts store that sold her these parts, and was told "Well you just have to have patience when working on any vehicle". Really? I will never buy parts from this retailer, nor will I buy from O'Reilly's Auto Parts since a quick search indicates that Import Direct is owned by O'Reilly's and they primarily produce "Remanufactured" parts. This has been a bad experience all around.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Bought an alternator for my 42 year old vehicle. When I went to install it, the threads were bad and could not tighten the bolt to keep the belt tight. Being this is a seldom requested part, they only keep 1 in stock, and with my vehicle down, was able to find one around the corner at AutoZone. I simply planned to take this one back for a refund. When I took it back, I was immediately blamed for using an impact wrench. First of all, I said, any idiot who tries an impact for this shouldn't be working on vehicles, plus there is no room for an impact anyway. Then he changed his mind and said I cross-threaded it. I held the bolt up so he could clearly see it and stated that this bolt has clearly not been cross-threaded. If the bolt ripped the threads out of the hole, the threads on the bolt would definitely show some damage.

The employee said I would have to deal with the manager, so I asked when he would be there. When I went back, he was not there, only the assistant manager. Apparently, the manager is the only person who can make any decisions, so I had to return another day and finally was able to talk to the manager. Now he tells me the only thing he can do is give me another one, which by now had been reordered, since the one on the shelf had been sold. I told him I had found another so I could get my vehicle on the road. He would not refund my money, so now I am stuck with an alternator I do not need and a 2nd core charge.

When I took the old one back to get my core charge refunded, I didn't have it in a box, as the new alternator, which I no longer needed, was still in the box. They said they have to send it back in the box, and asked if I could get it for them. I said no, the new one that I no longer need is still in the box so I can try to sell it to someone who needs one. I told them I am done with them. I talked with a couple other auto stores and was told I would have been refunded since they too only have 1 in stock. I have done my own auto repairs for 35 years and currently have 5 autos in my household. I will never make another purchase from this chain. The way it looks, I should have read the reviews before stepping foot in their door. The lesson learned is if you buy something, and this would go for any auto parts store, give it a 100% check over to make sure it is good BEFORE you take it out the door.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I had ordered parts on Friday. Called on Tuesday (the day the parts were supposed to be there) a guy called A.J. (wouldn’t give last name). I asked what info he needed to find my parts (I’d already paid for). His answer threw me for a loop. He said if I was going to be rude he was going to hang up on me or I could come to the store and handle this face to face, so, I drove the 16 miles to the store to speak to his manager which did no good. He was still running his mouth at me when I left and the manager just stood there, of course I won’t go back. Ever!! Any business that allows that level of rudeness to a customer.

Original review: July 1, 2017

My disappointment with O'Reilly Auto Parts west Colonial Dr. I call O'Reilly Auto Parts to know if they carry cylinder head bolts for a 2011 Chevy Aveo job I was doing. The person on the phone answered me that they have it in stock for $55.99 and they have Fel-Pro a (supposedly) high class brand. I went the next day and get it along with a head gasket, my total was $107 for both, and they also provide me a copy of the torque specification under my request. The lady at the counter even told me that I have one year warranty. I was disappointed when I opened the box and found 10 rusty bolts in two bags. Since I already bought them, I went ahead and start the installation.

According to the paper she gave me at the store, the torque specs for head bolts are 18 Fefe pounds plus 90-90-90-45 degrees each turn. On my 3rd pass, one of the bolt snapped in the head and there is no way to remove it since the head was completely off and fell into the engine. I chased it with a magnet and brought if to the store with my receipt. The same lady this time told me I have to bring everything back in order to do something and after talking to her "manager" in the back, she change her version to tell me this time it's all my fault. How can it be since I didn't even finished tightening them to specifications when that happened? I consider they stole my $107 and ruined my job. My recommendation is for any reason, don't buy head bolts and/or engine parts (interior) from O'Reilly Auto Parts. You will regret it like me. They sell crappy used parts for new.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Very disappointed that O'Reilly Auto Parts Veterans Memorial Pkwy would not refund for a return car jack with original packing... and receipt... however for some reason the cashier either wanted to get me to debate or was just had a bad mood day. After conversing with a supposedly a manager... it was decided that it had been used and out of warranty... however the jack had not been used by me. And was in my car until it was total. I am trying to wrap my mind around what a refund versus losing a customer would weigh the most. I am sure this company want last... but wanted to let others know what they may face.

Original review: May 2, 2017

For the last year + you can't get in & out because of poor service. You can't buy a quart of oil & Check out without waiting in line for others to order parts. Why come here & wait... & wait... Marshall store is badly understaffed or just poorly managed. I've done business with you since1997. But have to change due to the service. Only want to keep a good store & I truly mean to help correct a problem that could lead to a closure of a business I have depended on for a while. Thank you for the opportunity to shine a light on a problem that can be devastating to a customer base. Have many times in the past been grateful for their help, so just want to save a convenient location. Please have a check out for off the shelf sales that does not include waiting for parts to be hunted while in line.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I recently purchased an ignition switch from the store. I was never even able to use the part. The car I needed to install it on, I couldn't even uninstall the old one off of it. Therefore, I had no need for the part. I took my receipt and the part back, and the guy said it had "definitely been used". Referred me to come back and talk to his manager in an hour, as there was nothing he could do. I've been a manager for a store before, so I know sometimes you DO need a manager's approval. I came back and the manager said the same thing. I never even opened it. When I called about buying the part in the first place, they had warned me that "it had been sitting on the shelf for a long time, and it isn't going anywhere any time soon", but I honestly thought I needed the part.

I informed the manager, as well, that I didn't even get to use it because I couldn't uninstall the original one so I never even took it out of the box except to verify it was even in the box. He insisted that it must have been used (obviously, never tested it, just by 'looking' at it). I informed him that this simply was not the case. Then he said my mechanic must have tried to, when I never even brought the part to my mechanic! I had to have the car towed there, and kept the part at my house on the table. Then he asked, "Well, did someone have dirty hands" while holding/touching it?! Tried to show me the difference in the parts how it should look cleaned versus how it does look. But the condition I tried to return it in is the condition I bought it in.

I'm HIGHLY disappointed. My girlfriend tries to use O'Reilly ONLY, even when they may cost a little more, and have made it her "first stop". She has had a couple of their locations work with her (let her borrow tools when she broke down) and help her as much as they are allowed to. I don't find the way they handled it, rejected my return request, or the whole ordeal worth ever going back to. Neither does she. Honestly, we'll stick to ANY OTHER company if that's how they handle the ordeal or if they could accept an unused (by me) part and just don't want to. I'll at least definitely stick to only the O'Reilly stores that have treated her 'right' if this is a special case. She's unconvinced in returning at the moment, however.

Original review: April 8, 2017

I usually shop at Advance Auto Parts. But on this day I decided to give O'Reilly's a try since a brand new store opened the same distance from my house as Advance. The only thing I needed was tire dressing. I went in the store, said hi to everyone, the tire dressing was in the first aisle so I went right to it. I knew what brand I wanted, did a quick scan, found it, turned to make my way to the cash register and there was a worker just getting to the aisle, looking at me while reaching for an (what's on sale) flyer. I followed him back to the register. He took the flyer and put it away (under the keypad). Tells me he didn't need it. That really made me feel uneasy, like I was some sort of criminal. I never use the (race card) but it feels like I should use it this time. My first and my last time in this store.

Original review: April 6, 2017

On March 27th purchased a couple of perfect match duplicator paint spray in Chatsworth California, the paint was not the correct color. When I hold the cap against the car, they were not the same. On March 28th I returned the spray paint and the cashier "MARITZA **" said the credit of $17.38 goes back to your card. And I had to order the paint on line. Well, I got my credit card statement: I have been charged 3 times $17.38 for 2 can of spray paint. The credit slip that she said will go back on your card was another charges.

Good thing is I kept my credit receipt to file a dispute with the card company. Then when I went online, Noticed that my "Rewards has been Expired" as well. They make you do business with them to get the reward. But they wont tell you; If you do not use your rewards within 3 months they will expired. They have incompetent Employees or this is a Crooked Co. I don't know which. But I will not shop at O'Reilly Auto Parts store again.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Bought torque converter from O'reilly's in Azle Texas, went bad less than year. Got another under warranty, went bad less than a year later. It damaged the stator shaft on my transmission. Now entire transmission torn down and needs cleaned and new stator shaft. Asked O'Reilly's to provide new stator shaft, new gaskets and seals because their part damaged my car but they refused. Said it was only one year warranty on the original torque converter so they are not liable.

The box my torque converter came in says Power Torque. Power Torque's website says they have a 3-year warranty. Scott ** at O'Reilly's says Pro King makes the torque converters for Power Torque. Sounds like a way to get out of standing behind your product to me. From what I understand Power Torque is owned by O'Reilly's. I am not asking for monetary payment, just the products to repair my car. They have a rebuild kit they could provide to me. I will not buy another thing from O'Reilly's Automotive.

Original review: March 21, 2017

Unsatisfactory. My husband and I went to the store to purchase a few items. We waited in line for about 20 minutes and was not attended by any employee which there was an employee working on something other than his customers. I heard someone call him Mario. I don't appreciate the wait when there are staff not attending the customers. We did not make the purchase.

Original review: March 14, 2017

Went into local O'Reilly's in need of ceramic brakes for my car just to find out they are $56 for the front no rear available. Was stuck with getting the generic metallic ones for $46 front and $46 rear. Just out of curiosity, I went on Amazon and they had my brakes AC Delco ceramic for $26. Never again will I use an auto parts store to get what I need. Shoot it's worth the wait for shipping if I can get something better with a name brand at a better price. Thinking of returning these back and just going with Amazon.

Original review: March 9, 2017

So since I do not like going to the Howell store due to the employees looking at you like you're stealing something, I went to the Brighton store and bought a mini circuit for my truck. Well turns out it was the wrong size, reluctantly I went to the Howell store to return it. Now understand this is a $7.00 item, and I had my receipt and paid cash. The girl at the desk wanted my full name, my full address, and my phone #. "Really" I said!! She said, "Yes, it's company policy." What a joke. For 7 bucks? I will NEVER go into another O'Reilly.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Purchased a new motor from O'Reilly Seymour Indiana and the first one was a bad motor $3500.00 later. Was giving a runaround and said they would order a new one. Been almost a week and still hasn't came in. Now why would the first one that was bad only take 2 days and the replacement one still isn't here after a week. Everyone is giving us the runaround. I'm without a car after a month and I've had to pay for a rental car out of pocket and that's not cheap. The right thing to do is at least try to compensate me something toward my rental car. They have already been paid do they could care less. This has been the worst customer service I've ever seen!!! Never will I use them again after this!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Whenever I walk into O'Reilly Auto Parts I always get the feeling like the people working there think I'm a shoplifter. I don't mind people coming up and asking if I need help, but I don't always get the feeling like they're asking for that reason. My other gripe with O'Reilly is that everything is way overpriced. I have noticed this to be true even with cheap Chinese knock-offs they sell. This sounds crazy, but I think I would rather buy my auto parts from Amazon because I can look at the product for a longer amount of time and then buy a better product for less money!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Went into our local O'Reilly's and found what I needed. While waiting in line there were 3 other employees standing around talking not very quietly. One was the manager with 2 male employees laughing. When I heard her say, "I can't wait to get rid of the ** lazy ass that work here," I sent an email to corp. They said someone would get back to me. In a return email NEVER HAPPENED. So I go in again to tell the one guy who always got my stuff right what I heard and to let him know to watch his back. Well guess what, she fired him. I will never shop at O'Reilly's again.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Placed an order for emplacement heads for a 99 Blazer, was told they had 1 I could get next day and 1 that would take 3 days. Or I could pay additional 30 something dollars to get in 2 days. The 2 day extra money option is what I took. Parts were supposed to be there Friday 1-27-2017, but were not there. So I asked to find out if they could tell me when they would be there, counter person called somewhere they have shipping info., said they told him they would be there Saturday.

Well they weren't, so I called a different store who told me that there was no option for expediting parts from a warehouse and only from Mfg. shipped orders can that be done. To call Area Manager Monday to find out what was going on there and that he would correct the issue. Monday 1-30-2017 now after talking to Mr Tracy ** was even more unhappy that this man had straight out lied to me, by telling me that UPS don't tell them when a delivery date. Trust me I order thousands of dollars worth of parts for Corvette from many sources, when UPS picks up and assigns a Tracking # it tells you what day it will be delivered. So whomever counter person called either didn't look it up or he didn't want to tell me Monday.

In any case Tracy told me it would be in Today and they would call as soon as it came in. I then called customer service # on web page to report issue who said he would check into it. Store called, I went to pick up. I am just down the road from store so didn't take long, I get there and plastic shipping container was on the floor in front of counter (straps cut off and nowhere in sight). Last shipment straps were still on container when I got there. As counter people were busy I lifted the lid to look... And what did I find inside A USED head. Not a rebuilt but someones core. Put the lid back on and waited. Manager comes over, opens it up, says "You got to be ** kidding me, this was an expedited order from last ** Wednesday. I will see who has 1," gets on computer says "I will have it shipped from California and have here tomorrow."

Really I was willing to pay extra last week to get 1 ASAP. Now you can do an overnight and what about his language, I should have been the 1 dropping F bomb, not him. No, "I am sorry" or anything like that just a "will have it tomorrow." Told him "never mind. Been waiting long enough going to Advance just about a tenth of a mile down the road." Wish now I would have started there, they said will have 1st thing in the morning. Hopefully they are going to have it when promised. Came home mad as heck, missed work again for this poor, poor service. Called customer service to let them know it went even farther south than it already was, Finally got the "I'm sorry this happened", that I should have got Fri., Sat. and this morning.

Just want everyone to know if you are dealing with their store on Waycross Rd. in Cincinnati and you have to have something shipped to them, Don't Hold Your Breath till it gets there. Watched same store manager refuse a return on a battery, Man said his Grandmother bought it for him and he wanted to return it, Manager told him "No cause you can't return items after installed". I can see that, unless it's for an exchange for bad battery, but the man insisted it had not been installed.

Manager had picked up this battery several times to inspect it, finally told man there was dirt on the bottom of it from being in his moped. That's when I chuckled, cause he had been putting this battery on the dirty counter several times to get it dirty. He didn't say "look here you can see on these lead terminals scratch marks" (where if installed there should have been some) but instead the dirt on bottom of battery. So man was very upset. He had basically been called a liar and a cheat. Just be careful when you deal with this company. The only good note was the person at other store I spoke with on Sat. and the 2nd person I spoke with today from Customer service from their online #. Who said he would send a coupon to hopefully make up for some of it. Will have to wait and see if that is true or not.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

This review is about a comedy of errors. I hope this serves to illustrate how a simple experience can go dramatically south, and leave a bad taste in your mouth. And, I hope you learn, as I did, that the best response may be to use mouthwash. Most are familiar with O'Reilly Auto Parts, and I have had nothing but good experiences with them. My company has a commercial account with them. Our operations manager deals with the local O'Reilly, gets good service, gets good pricing through our commercial account. Personally, I use the O'Reilly nearest me which is another town, I don't live near our company's headquarters. I don't use the commercial account for my personal needs. For my personal needs, I'm a retail consumer, and I pay rack rates. I'm not judging others. I think most would agree that it's okay to take advantage of a pricing plan available to you. I'm not saying it's wrong, but it would be wrong for me.

Enough background, and jabbering. Here's the story. I needed a part for a friend's car. An odd relay VW uses in some of its TDI. It's a Friday, and, assuming the local O'Reilly won't have the odd relay in stock, I get online to order the part. The parts place in Massachusetts I use has the part, and I can have it the following Tuesday, but I'd like to put it on during weekend, so I make a call to the local O'Reilly, and they don't have it in stock, but they can have it by 2:00 in the afternoon that same day. Great, it's ordered, and I go in at 4:00 in the afternoon.

I'm presented with a box for the part which, from the appearance of the box has traveled to someone's garage, been opened, then returned in less than perfect condition. I opened the box to make sure I'm holding the correct relay. One glance at the relay's blades confirmed that the part was not the correct relay. It wasn't even close. It had 5 connectors rather than 4. The box originally contained the correct relay, being labeled as such, but the relay now contained within was a stowaway.

This wasn't the stores fault. however, they couldn't get another relay that day. In fact, the fellow said that being a holiday weekend, at this point they couldn't have the part until the following Tuesday. Online the part is $9.95 plus shipping of $2.64 for a total of $12.59, and O'Rielly's price is $18.99 plus tax, so a little under $21.00. So, I leave to order the part. Now the story gets better. On the way home my son who is in college calls to let me know he can't come home for the weekend, so I agree to meet him halfway or so for dinner Sunday.

The following morning I call an O'Reilly in a larger town about an hour away, and none can get the part until Tuesday. But, the store employee states that the distribution center in the town has two and I can pick one up if I get there by 4:00pm. I call the distribution center to be safe. The answering system informs me that they are closed on the weekends. Now, I think the store guy meant that I could come in and buy the part then go to the distribution center to pick it up, meaning that while the administration folks are not available on the weekends, there are staff who make parts runs on the weekends for the stores, but that wasn't the explanation I received from the store representative.

The next morning I call a few O'Reilly along my intended route to have dinner with my son, and find one which says they can have the part by 3:00pm that day. Great. That afternoon, away I go. I ask my phone to take me to O'Reilly in the small town where the part should be. Only having one location in that town, I follow the GPS guidance, and go to the wrong store. Close, but the wrong store. After a bit of confusion, the nice counter associate discerns that the store fifteen minutes away has the part, and, after consulting her monitor, confirms that they have one in stock. Must be mine. Again, not O'Reilly's fault. But, irritating.

I arrive. I go in and am helped after a very short wait. The fellow helping me looks through the two boxes which have come from distribution. Several times. Then, once the other counter person is free, hands me off to him. I'm told that the part is not there. It should be. It's on the master sheet detailing the contents of the containers. It has been signed for by the person receiving the shipment from distribution, but, it's not there.

He calls the distribution center, and after a short conversation, hangs up. He tells me that the relay did not get put in the container, it's still on the shelf, and he was looking at it. I said that I was two and a half hours away, and I told him what had already happened over the last couple of days, and that I could have ordered the relay online for less. He interjected that they couldn't match online prices. I said that I wasn't asking him to do that, I just wanted the relay. I told him I'd be in town for a couple of hours and could come back by. He said he could get the part the next day. At that point I was dumbfounded. I was looking into a void. I replied by saying, "I live two and a half hours away." He said, "well that's all I can do." I asked if he was sure that that was his best. He said that I should call customer service.

At that point I had had enough. I knew that I was going to order the part from Massachusetts, and I needed to, at least try to make a point. I thought I, at least had earned that. I thought that what I was about to say was going to fall on deaf ears, and I needed to find out how good the training department at O'Reilly is with respect to customer service. So, I carefully said to the guy behind the counter, "I not going to call customer service, I want a relay. You have already told me you can solve the problem by tomorrow. You have my name and phone number," which he confirmed that he did. "All you have to do is call the store that is near me [and, I told him which store it is], and have them get the part from their distribution center; I know that that distribution center has two more of that relay, or at least the boxes for them, and to call me when the relay arrives and I'll go pick it up." His reply was that I needed to call customer service.

Now I was angry. I then said that, to be clear, I was not mad at him, just the whole ordeal, but, that I think I've done enough, and have them call me when the part arrives. At that point he smiled, and I knew the part wasn't going arrive, ever. It was the kind of smile that is both defiant and full of fear, and I realized I was too angry to just walk out. So, I said, "Again, to be clear, this is only directed at this situation, but I think you can understand it this way, this has been handled in a completely ** incompetent manner. Then I threw a smirk his way, so he could go home, call me names, and show me by not making a simple phone call. The part didn't arrive, but will be here in a couple of days from the online store.

O'Reilly is a good auto parts store. They generally have helpful staff, their prices are a bit higher than can be found in other local parts stores, but they are generally able to have the not so esoteric parts for the VW TDIs that I tinker with in a timely manner, for a little more money. Paying a bit more should come with a bit more customer service to add to the value of the exchange. In my opinion, and it's just that, this experience is just a comedy of errors. How many circumstances had to come together to give me an experience I'll be able to tell for years. I'll still use O'Reilly, with lowered expectations.

I don't blame the the guy in the first distribution center who didn't have the experience to look in a tattered box, when he had two others to choose from, to make sure the correct relay was indeed in the box. Hopefully, now that he has experienced that, he can apply that in the future making that a part of his "common sense." I don't blame the guy in my local store, he likely thought that the guys in the distribution center are trained to double check ratty boxes to make sure the correct part is contained within. I don't blame my phone for taking me to the wrong store, it's a small computer. I know I need to double check the information it spits out. That one's on me. I don't blame the first guy that helped me. He bailed when he realized he needed help. I don't blame the guy in the second distribution center, it's just a mistake.

I don't blame the second guy behind the counter who had to listen to me tell him, to his embarrassment how simple the solution was. He had been left in charge on a holiday weekend by a manager who just wanted to spend some time with his family. I blame myself. What I mean by that is that I'm not talking about a relay. I'm talking about my reaction to this befuddled guy, who just wants to do as good a job as he can. I shouldn't have gotten so frustrated that I became angry. Customers, like me, have to remember that it's the human interaction that's important.

I wanted to take the time to write this review, and convey my experience to illustrate two points. First, I dare say, not many people can say that they have had a less pleasurable experience with O'Reilly, and with that, everyone writing a review should take the time to try to accurately relate their experience, not just tell their biased viewpoint. Second, retailers should examine where the real problems in their system are, and work to solve the small contributing factors that can grow into a huge comedy of errors. Best regards, thanks for your time. Side note: I have not proofread the preceding review, so please forgive the spelling, syntax, and word usage.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

After getting 7 remanufactured starters (in a row) that were suppose to be new they gave me a starter that didn't fit. Blamed it on a bad batch they said. Not the first time this has happened. Autozone is your best bet.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Really bad service. The last two or three times I have been in the Jacksonville Texas store they have a bunch of employees there that know nothing about parts or customer service. It is sad that we have to drive 30 extra miles to get good parts service at the price of gas.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I went to O'Reilly because I had thought about buying stock in your company and had read a good review. I needed brake pads for my 2012 Toyota Tacoma truck. I wanted my brake rotors turned and I purchased brake pads. Truck has about 40000 miles and brakes worked perfectly (absolutely no pulsation or problem) but I needed new pads. Rotors had very little wear and were about .065" over min. I requested your "technician" take a cut to just clean up rotors to give smooth surface. No gouges just minor wear with maybe .005 variation. I'm sure a cut of .010 an each side would have more than cleaned them up. Rotors after your "clean up" were .007" to .015" BELOW MIN thickness. Your "expert removed about .036" per side or a total of .072". I was concerned so I set the passenger side rotor up in my lathe to check run-out. IT WAS MORE THAN .020". Max should be .0015 to .003". In summary the ROTORS ARE SCRAP.

I called the O'REILLY customer service number and was told the district manager would call me back. It's been 3 hours and I need my truck. I am headed to the Toyota dealer to buy new rotors at about $190 because O'REILLY RUINED MY ROTORS and their customer service provide no customer service. I'm really upset.

I will NEVER go to O'Reilly again and will do everything I can to keep other people from making the mistake I did. I certainly will not buy stock and based on my experience a short sell might be in order.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

I usually don't do reviews but I really wanted to do one this time. I went to the O'Reilly's on 83rd and Union Hills in Peoria, AZ. I bought a headlight for my truck, the gentlemen that work in the store were very helpful. When I got the headlight, they offered to put the light in for me. This really impressed me, and I wanted to show my appreciation. They went over and above the call of duty and I think this is excellent customer service. It is nice to see that there are still places like this. Thanks guys.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

I don't appreciate being told that if I had any problems with the battery come back and give my phone number and that no questions asked it would be replaced by the assistant manager. When I did I was told that the battery was good. I brought back my receipt and was told I could not return the battery. The ** guy that worked on 10/13/16 was very rude and was not willing to help me. I will no longer purchase any parts from O'Reilly. He needs to be fired immediately. No customer experience. I will let anyone I know not to do business with Williamsburg.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

In November 2015, I bought a car cover from O'Reilly Auto Parts store in Woodruff, SC. It had a seven (7) year limited warranty. By the summer of 2016, the car cover was brittle and easily torn apart. In September 2016 after finding the receipt for the car cover, I took it back to the O'Reilly store in Newberry SC. First they looked on the shelf for the replacement cover which was empty. Upon discussion with the attendant and then with the manager, they determined there had been a recall on this particular car cover. Their advice was to go back to the original O'Reilly store for satisfaction.

Since Woodruff was some distance from Newberry, I called the store and spoke with the manager. Keep in mind, the folks in Newberry were not very helpful at all. However, the manager in Woodruff was forward-leaning and stated he would call the store in Newberry for further clarification since he wasn't aware of any recalls on this car cover. The manager in Newberry had stated he had pulled all the affected "recall" covers off the shelves and would be sending them back to the company. Well, it wasn't thirty minutes later that I get a call from the Newberry store stating they had a replacement cover. Once I returned to the Newberry store to pick it up, the attendant advised the cover replacement was the final action they would take since it was under recall.

Now my action will be to further search out the company's name which manufactured the defective cover in the first place and see if there is any other corrective actions I can pursue since this replacement cover obviously will only be effective for six months as well. I will never shop at any O'Reilly store again, lousy service for a known defective item.

O'Reilly Auto Parts Company Information