O'Reilly Auto Parts

Compare Auto Service and Repair

Research top Auto Service and Repair recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I usually don't do reviews but I really wanted to do one this time. I went to the O'Reilly's on 83rd and Union Hills in Peoria, AZ. I bought a headlight for my truck, the gentlemen that work in the store were very helpful. When I got the headlight, they offered to put the light in for me. This really impressed me, and I wanted to show my appreciation. They went over and above the call of duty and I think this is excellent customer service. It is nice to see that there are still places like this. Thanks guys.

I don't appreciate being told that if I had any problems with the battery come back and give my phone number and that no questions asked it would be replaced by the assistant manager. When I did I was told that the battery was good. I brought back my receipt and was told I could not return the battery. The ** guy that worked on 10/13/16 was very rude and was not willing to help me. I will no longer purchase any parts from O'Reilly. He needs to be fired immediately. No customer experience. I will let anyone I know not to do business with Williamsburg.

In November 2015, I bought a car cover from O'Reilly Auto Parts store in Woodruff, SC. It had a seven (7) year limited warranty. By the summer of 2016, the car cover was brittle and easily torn apart. In September 2016 after finding the receipt for the car cover, I took it back to the O'Reilly store in Newberry SC. First they looked on the shelf for the replacement cover which was empty. Upon discussion with the attendant and then with the manager, they determined there had been a recall on this particular car cover. Their advice was to go back to the original O'Reilly store for satisfaction.

Since Woodruff was some distance from Newberry, I called the store and spoke with the manager. Keep in mind, the folks in Newberry were not very helpful at all. However, the manager in Woodruff was forward-leaning and stated he would call the store in Newberry for further clarification since he wasn't aware of any recalls on this car cover. The manager in Newberry had stated he had pulled all the affected "recall" covers off the shelves and would be sending them back to the company. Well, it wasn't thirty minutes later that I get a call from the Newberry store stating they had a replacement cover. Once I returned to the Newberry store to pick it up, the attendant advised the cover replacement was the final action they would take since it was under recall.

Now my action will be to further search out the company's name which manufactured the defective cover in the first place and see if there is any other corrective actions I can pursue since this replacement cover obviously will only be effective for six months as well. I will never shop at any O'Reilly store again, lousy service for a known defective item.

I got a distributor for my truck, got it under my boss' commercial account... This was 11 months ago... Since then my truck has been broken down every week. Had to have it towed home 3 times... The ignition module went out... Replaced the distributor again. Now I found out what is wrong with my truck... Can you guess what it is? I have no intermittent injector pulse... Yup it's a p.o.s. distributor. Called O'Reilly's. They can't find the warranty... My girlfriend was on the phone with them and I told them to go ** themselves. I threw the distributor and smashed it... I will go to advanced auto... I will be bringing all my parts back to o'Reilly's and they can shove them so far up their **... I wanted to throw it through their window. It wasn't me. You told me I never bought one... I really hate o'Reilly. I will never go back.

Car wouldn't start this morning. With phone support from my husband, I was able to get it jumped. Stopped first at NAPA Easley, SC and was told they don't install batteries. Moved on to O'Reilly's. They sold me a battery and installed it. No questions asked. Customer service really appreciated! I'm sure it's not complicated but I didn't have the tools to get it done. Thank you O'Reilly Auto Parts Easley, SC for a job well done.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about O'Reilly Auto Parts?

Most of the time, I go to O'Reilly because it's the closest parts house to me. However, I've decided I'm going back to Auto Zone and NAPA for parts, because O'Reilly stocks poorly built parts that don't hold up long, at least some parts anyway. Case in point: I bought a remanufactured alternator for my truck from them. A couple weeks later, my battery was down. Nothing was left on. Since the battery, which I purchased from Auto Zone 4-5 years ago was getting old, I went to them and just bought a new one with high CCA's like the old one, assuming it was time.

Two days later, IT went down, just like the other did. I remembered a trick someone showed me, where you take the negative clamp off the battery and just barely touch the post with it. "HMMM, see a little spark there, something is pulling my battery down!" I thought. I disconnected the hot wire from the alternator and tried again. NO SPARK. The alternator is the culprit! I took it back and told them I wanted to upgrade to a new one. They swapped it for a new one with no hassle. I paid only $15.00 more for the new one. So far, no problems. Another example: I bought a motor mount for the same vehicle just 3 years ago to replace the original that had come apart after 20-plus years. This one has already worn out! A mount should last far longer than 3 years. So I went to NAPA this time, for a new left side motor mount, AGAIN! From now on, it's just oil, filters and bulbs when I do business with O'Reilly. As for parts, I'll go with A.Z. or NAPA.

I bought a 800 watt inverter in May. When I went back to the same store that I had bought it at I told the man at the counter that my accountant had my receipt. He told me that the system would not let him go back to May. Which was 4 months ago. Something smells BAD. My wife depends on it to keep oxygen concentrator running. Do they care? NO.

Went to get water pump. At O'REILLY'S AUTOPARTS AT 2540 E Avenue S Palmdale, CA 93550 and want to say the girl by the name of ** was great. She did her best to help us with everything we needed and had a smile through the whole thing. We, me and my wife, were very pleased with the customer service there and would more than happy to be a return customer at that location. Thank you again.

Took back brake pads and rotters. First thing he says these are cheap pads and that a rock might have damaged them then tell me my brake fluid leaked on them. I got new calipers and rotter and drove 2,400 miles in 3 days. No way they were leaking. I tried to apologize for first misunderstanding. Then rather rudely he says, "You will be back in a week for the same problem". I offered to bring vehicle back to show any leaks he said, "No all warranty it but you will be back in a week again to fix same problem". There were cracks in brake pads and groves in rotters granted I replaced calipers.

So I asked for manager his response (Andy asst manager), "YOUR MOMMA IS". Then I lost it dropped some F bombs. He then offered to take me out back and kick my ass. I have never been threatened like that or talked to that by a retailer ever. I have done customer service for 35 plus years and never talked to anyone like that. They need to fire him. The assistant manager already has lots of bad reviews. I would have been fired. I also had all my paper work and he offered to replace but his comment was way over the top. You should not threaten customers like that.

Be warned the remanufactured ac compressor NO GOOD. I put four on my 95 s-10 all of them the clutch burned up due to wrong air gap... And the store blamed it on me. Called home store three times no response back. They service suck. They parts suck... Dumb counter people. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PART FROM THEM FREAKING CLOWNS.

When I go in there with a part number and I give that part number to your cashier. He scratches his head - tries to look up the part number - scratches his head a few more times asked what my vehicle is. I tell him. I tell him it has a aftermarket distributor. I tell him the part number of the distributor. He continues to scratch his head. Long story short kid can't look up the part - can't find the part doesn't know what I'm talking about. I'm sure it's not his fault. It's the way management labels of their parts and O'Reilly isn't alone about this issue all the major so called parts - stores are ran ass backwards.

I called for prices and was told 2 items would need to "be ordered", then went to the store to order the parts, and was told I would have to pay shipping from California for the parts. I asked why I wasn't informed before I made the trip to the store. I received a barrage of flimsy excuses ranging from "You didn't talk to me" to "it is our policy." I ordered my stuff from RockAuto, paid shipping and a core deposit for $5.00 less than O'Reilly (and will get it sooner). So much for shopping locally. I don't want these people in my "locality", they belong in a big city where that can treat customers like excrement and get away with it. With service like this, maybe they won't last long here.

So in the last month I have spent about 1000.00 bucks at O'Reilly's. Every part that I have replaced on my truck has failed within 2 to 3 days... If that long... 5 pcv valves because they gave me the wrong vacuum hose. The hose would warm during operation and cause it to pull just enough air by to open valve and allow oil into my intake manifold. In doing so the truck shuts off because it's not meant to run on 40w engine oil. Spark plug wires have been replaced 3 times in a month due to faulty insulation from factory. 3 Throttle position sensors in a 2 days because the manufacturer only sealed top of housing and not the bottom so it literally separates from the harness at running temperature... which also causes shut down at highway speeds as well as vacuum issues and shifting problems. The ignition coil has been replaced 3 times. First was unsealed with the resin dripping out of the box.

2nd coil failed ohm and continuity test out of the box. The third worked for a week and now failing. I've had a rewards account since 2012. Supposedly all my records have been misfiled or missing or CPU says incomplete data. This was not the case yesterday when we reviewed my account to verify receipts warranties and rewards. Fuel pump was damaged out of the box. Was told I dropped it or broke it. It was in the box sealed with cellophane and had 6 or 8 giant staples holding it closed. I brought box back to show no damage and not one bubble was popped on bubble wrap. Was told "Sorry take it up with the manufacturer." 2-year warranty never valid. 345 bucks pissed into the wind. 2 idle air controls because the first didn't even have the seal or plunger on the IAC. Took it back, had to stay in store for an hour and a half to get replaced. Sold me wrong pigtails. Sold me wrong harnesses, sold me wrong fuel regulator.

When brought up I was told by an obnoxious teenager who's never turned a wrench that I gave him the wrong info or wrong truck. Been working on cars longer than he's been alive. Mmm I've only rebuilt my truck from the ground up and had it 7 years. So sure I just forgot what I was driving and I must like buying the wrong parts or unusable parts due to malfunction or improper manufacturing. I have receipts and all parts were on my account yesterday. I physically seen them with the manager. Now all that's gone and they won't accept a receipt. Pulled part numbers to see when and where they were bought but can't prove I bought them even though my card matched card on receipt. Was told it happens all the time. It's a program or CPU issues that's been happening for years. Told me today after 3 hours at 2 locations that they were sorry and couldn't help me.

So needless to say I hope they go out of business soon. The customer service is garbage. They blame the customer for everything... and are selling the bottom of the barrel parts from jackleg vendors. I will take every dime I have elsewhere. They offer only one brand of parts and some of those they can't order or get. Auto zone 10 plus vendors. Advanced 6 plus vendors. Carquest, NAPA and Pep Boys all multiple vendors. The aftermarket selection looks like my first cold air intake and fisher price toys. Can't even get Accel performance 8 mm wires. Or E3 plugs. Hell not even Bosch split fire platinum plugs. Lmao. Wal-Mart sells those. These guys even gave me the wrong gas cap and was told I must have changed my gooseneck or tank. Lol. Gooseneck is 2 piece and doesn't go up that far to threads of cap.

Was giving an AC relay for my ASD and when I called kid out on it he said "What they look the same bro! It should work." Yes it does fit but doesn't have the resistance needed for ASD which is automatic shutdown if I lose oil or fuel pressure. This company is garbage. The parts are garbage. The service, warranties, and excuses are garbage. I sat in the parking lot for over an hour repinning, wiring and gluing brand new sensors together while employees smoked cigarettes and talked on their phones watching me after they refused to honor their own policies. Never again. I will go to NAPA or Autozone or Carquest. Hell I'll go to ** Wal-Mart before I go back to O'Reilly's. If you're reading this take warning. They will rob you, lie to you and then blame you for all issues maybe not the first time but IT WILL HAPPEN. GOOD LUCK AND STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THESE CROOKS.

I bought a brand new fuel pump for my truck. It was a mechanical fuel pump. Not electric. It was not a reman pump but brand new. It was bad straight out of the box. Although I was able to exchange it I find it ridiculous that O'Reilly cannot source better parts to sell. It was quite a hassles to diagnose that a brand new pump out the box was defective. Not to mention the time, effort and expense to replace it for a second time. This is the second part that I have purchased within 4 months that was defective right out of the box. The other was a starter that was defective. I am writing this review in hopes that someone at O'Reilly take notice to what is happening. I will never shop at O'Reilly ever again for anything. Period.

O'Reilly Auto Parts just isn't what they used to be! I was happy to hear that O'Reilly was opening up down the street from me. I used O'Reilly for the bulk of my business, years ago when I had another business. They were great. Too bad they are nothing like they once were. I called the new store on a Friday to see what I would need to open a commercial account. The commercial sales person told me he would be by to see me that weekend, Monday at the latest. Close to two weeks later he shows up with his boss. Told me that he didn't drop the ball..... must have been miscommunication, I overlooked that.

I ordered two parts from the store. On the second delivery, I noticed there was tax charged on the part. I told the driver to have the store manager call me. That never happened. I waited until the next day and called corporate. That person said he'd get on it immediately and take care of it that day. Never heard a thing about it again.

I finally called the manager on the 1st of April and he said he would refund the tax money and have the core picked up that day. Never heard from him again! On the 8th of April, I called corporate again. Again, I was assured it would be handled. Here it is the 12th of April, a conversation with the store manager, three calls to corporate, and I have yet to deal with one person that hasn't completely dropped the ball. The core that they were supposed to pick up is still sitting beside my desk. Looks like I'm going to have to return it myself and eat the tax money too.

Update: Never heard from corporate, never heard from the store manager. They sent a driver with a cash refund on the taxes and core. The days of business owners and management making things right is long gone with this company. I guess they go on averages now. Most people these days are sheep, they'll continue to do business with businesses that don't care about their customers. I never thought I'd see the day that O'Reilly's became worse than Autozone, that day has come! DON'T even THINK of DOING BUSINESS with these PEOPLE. They treat paying customers like dirt and apparently don't have anyone they have to answer to.

We spent the entire day trying to get our car fixed. Long story short. Paid to have first alternator put on. Went off, got stuck again. Had to go back, BUY another one, had pay someone to loan us his car to drive across town to get part from another store, pay to have it put on second time. They would not pay for second install. Did not know it was a refurbished part. They never offered me a new one.

Entered store at 8:00AM, spent 150.00 for tune up parts and brake parts, ask counter person about resurfacing drums, he said takes about an hour. Left store, removed drums, installed brake parts, returned to store at 11:00AM. There were four employees in store, one on telephone and being able to see to rear of store, I saw three employees gathered around one computer screen. One on telephone said "be with you in a minute bud". Stood around waiting, walked toward rear of store attempting to get attention of other employees. They look at me, continued to hover over each other. Person on phone hung up phone and went to rear of store to speak to the three in rear, came back to counter and ask me if he could help me find something.

Needless to say, but now I'm pissed. I stood there chewing the inside of my lip, and said I would like to get these drums turned but I wanted them done today. He told me it would be about three hours, so, pissed I left. Went and removed their parts from my truck and returned them for my $ back saying this, "I will never go into another O'Reilly Auto Parts store." I am an auto tech by profession and I will tell everyone who will listen, stay the hell away from O'Reilly Auto Parts. I could go anywhere and be treated like crap, why go to O'Reilly's?

Ordered an axle for our car, and the wrong axle came into their shop. They identified that the axle was without ABS feature, but went ahead and sold it to our mechanic anyway. Very angry! We didn't say that was a thing we wanted to do. Both the mechanic and the shotty salesperson are at fault, and this could have easily, Very easily been avoided if O Reilly's had an ounce of honesty. I will NEVER recommend them and will actively dissuade people from using OReilly for anything. Dishonest Shop!

Ordered a new radiator for my car on Sunday morning and was told it would be in the next day, (Monday), at 10:30 AM. Went in around noon on Monday and was told, "Oh no. You were told wrong, our orders come in on Tuesday and Thursday." I went back Tuesday and the radiator was there, in an opened box and clearly damaged. Why someone did not take the initiative to identify this radiator as damaged, order another radiator and call me and let me know of the situation? Oh no, they waited for me to show up at 5:20 PM to tell them the radiator was damaged and they needed to order another one. So, I went back Wednesday at 5:30 to pick up my radiator and guess what, they ordered the wrong radiator. Refund time and time to go to Advance Auto. Yep.

My son couldn't get a Costco battery for his car so we went to O'Reilly's in Eureka, CA. The guy at the counter was pleasant and encouraging. He told us we could return the very expensive 2 year battery if for any reason it didn't work out. He also managed to get us to buy some very overpriced little foil packages of grease and I bought the tail lights for my car. The battery return price $18 seemed high too.

So we go back in there and this other guy is being negative, shaking his head the minute he saw us, saying "That's a used battery. That's a used battery. I can't take that. It's against company policy." The original guy is nowhere to be found. That other guy was just so darned rude. I returned the other stuff (I'll probably just get the tail light bulbs on Amazon) and I will NEVER go there again. There's an Autozone in Eureka now. I don't know if they are just as bad or not. But I'm not giving that corporation another cent of mine. Ugh. It's just too bad Costco didn't have the battery. Whatever happened to "The customer is always right?" Costco exemplifies this and that's why I continue to spend money there. Not the case with O'Reillys.

I bought a water pump, that exploded after 2 day. Installed by a professional mechanic. I returned the water pump and filed a labor claim, for $1,900 damage. The store manager said in his words, "The part was defective and would be checked." Well after months of waiting, O'Reilly Auto parts concluded that the other parts were defective and caused the water pump to fail. OK but I also bought them from them, now that I made them understand this. You won't believe this, O'Reilly says they do not have anything to do with parts being defective and to take it up with the Manufacturer. So what O'Reilly is saying is that they sell defective parts, so please listen and shop elsewhere. Regret.

Went to the O'Reilly Auto Parts store in Huntersville NC to return a unused part. Had receipt of purchase and part which was in a unopened package with factory seals still on box. Counter person was rude and initially wasn't going to accept part even though it was obviously not opened. I demanded a refund on my debit card and he then threatened to call police on me. I asked for manager and he refused. He removed his uniform so I couldn't get his name to complain.

I own a successful auto repair facility and they have been asking for my business for years. I decided to try them out before I set up account. I definitely will not set up account even though I finally got my refund. I have never in my life been treated with such disrespect as I was today. I plan on filing a formal complaint with corporate office. I do auto repair for disabled veterans which this part was for free, including the parts. I don't need to put up with such bs from their employees. I recommend you go somewhere else before you deal with this company.

December 2014, purchased a battery from O'Reilly's and after 3 weeks my truck would not start. So I took it to O'Reilly's and they tried to tell me that it's not the battery, there is a problem with my truck. So I got mad and finally they admitted that the battery was faulty and gave me a new one. Now the battery they replaced it with is not working either! I'm getting a Die Hard battery and never dealing with O'Reilly's again! In the past I had a Riviera that needed a fuel pump and my car was at the shop next door and I went to O'Reilly's 3 times because all 3 fuel pumps were defective and my mechanic said people been complaining about their parts and their products are no good!!! Never purchase anything from O'Reilly's again!

My husband bought ball bearings. Got them home and got the old ones off the truck and opened the new ones. They are the exact same ones in each box but labeled wrong. Called the manager and he didn't want to own up to it, and it wasn't their mistake. "Life happens" is what was said. I will never go back.

As I left work today, headed to make the deposit for work. I heard my back right tire pop and my tire pressure monitor showed the pressure dropping fast. I managed to pull into O'Reilly Auto Parts, thinking someone there could help me. Walked inside and asked, a couple of guys came out and looked and said "Yeah, it's flat!" (Uhm, ya think?). I called Royd who was working a few miles away but would be there shortly to help. I decided to go ahead and start changing it myself. I mean my daddy taught me how to do this when I was 15.

It's pouring rain, I get the car jacked up, get the spare out, unlock the lugs and am getting the tire off when an employee comes out and offers to help! By this time two others had already came out for smoke breaks and were watching me! I will NEVER and I mean NEVER buy so much as a piece of gum at that store in Flowood!!! It's a sad world we live in when a man will watch a woman change a flat in the rain and not offer to help! It may be some type of company rule but if that's the case that makes their company even more sorry to me! Rant over!!! #oreillyautopartsstinks

We purchased 4 struts and sway bar links for our 2000 Ford Taurus around 2008. Had to have 2 of them replaced when we got home. Had someone call store about our warranty but no one at store or home office could find our warranty. Their employees don't do their job for warranty items by putting the info in their computer like they are to do which was stated to me by a manager! I went to BBB but they don't help. Don't buy from their store. If you bought it there just return it now because if you have warranty they will lose your info for it!

About three weeks ago my car died. Time for a new battery I thought. Installed a brand new battery and the very next day my car died again. Ok, time for a new alternator. Took my car to the shop and sure enough it was needing to be replaced. Everything seemed to be working just fine until I was 300 miles away from home and my battery light turned on. This lasted about a day until my car completely shut down on me. Unfortunately my car was out of state and so was I. I had absolutely no one to help me or come pick me up and I was stranded in a big city away from home with a dead car. Took me three days before I could finally figure out that what was wrong was a bad alternator installation.

Last night I was finally able to pick up my car and head home. I got about 300 miles and sure enough the newly second alternator went bad again. Car battery turned on and we ran some tests this morning and sure enough the "new" alternator they installed yesterday was actually bad. I have now missed three days of work. Been stranded in another city in a different state all because O'Reilly's has sold me 2 faulty alternators in a three week time span. I am LIVID. It has cost me WELL over a thousand dollars not to mention not being able to return to work.

I do not feel safe being a 29 year old female BREAKING down on the side of 1-5 at 11 o'clock at NIGHT knowing I am 300 MILES AWAY from home because O'REILLYS cant get their crap together. This should be resolved. I am lucky I still even have my job! I am completely outraged and cannot believe the amount of stress, money and trouble this has caused. I am about a day out from contacting a lawyer or writing up a HUGE complaint to the company. This is completely unfair to me.

Purchased a battery with lifetime warranty a year ago. Have had trouble the last 2 months keeping it charged. Took it into their store to have them test it... They said it was fine so they checked the alternator... This "kid" tested it for less than 10 seconds and immediately said the alternator was bad. Took it to my mechanic and he said there was nothing wrong with the alternator and told me to take the battery back and have them test it again. I retired the alternator which they weren't happy about and then asked the guy to take my battery off to be tested. He just looked at me and said I had to remove it due to their liability policy... It was a battery they sold me and installed but they tell me they can't take it off... Asked them to loan me a wrench and he proceeds to tell me they aren't allowed to do that either. Their customer service sucks!!! I will NEVER purchase anything from them ever again!

I needed a water pump for my 97 Honda Civic. I went to get the water pump, three months later my pump has busted and is cracked so I will never buy parts from this parts store because all of my part are going out just as soon as my warranty is up.

My friend owns a auto shop and has been working overtime replacing brakes purchased at O'Reilly. O'Reilly is aware of his suffering and says the problem is due to a bad batch of brakes they got in. O'Reilly has been to my friend's shop while he is working overtime and was made aware of the financial burden along with the owner's overtime hours taking him away from much needed time with his family. The shocking thing is that O'Reilly has still not paid their bill for the faulty parts and the complaints and repairs at the shop's expense is still ongoing. In my insurance with homeowners insurance this might come under double indemnity. I am surfing for past victory cases regarding auto parts. These types of cases deal with companies that do not pay their bills timely and cause financial loss to the plaintiff. If you know of any help please email to **.

O'Reilly Auto Parts Company Profile