Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

164 O'Reilly Auto Parts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I am a single mom who moved to CA from the Aloha state of HI. I do not have relatives here or friends to help me when I have problems with my Chrysler 300C & my Acura TL. Derek, Brad & Jonathan have helped me feel comfortable asking questions & assisted me with all my questions! They provide excellent customer service and more importantly, knowledgeable about my cars’ needs. I will never shop online or anywhere else because I completely TRUST the products and parts recommended. I truly commend Derek & Brad for going above & beyond to assist me by literally coming out to the parking lot so I can show them what I am talking about because I know nothing about cars! Thank you, thank you for hiring such patient, kind, knowledgeable & fun employees! They are truly an asset to O’Reily’s. They are the front line for customers & the “face” of the company. I am a loyal customer thanks to them! O’Reily’s in Mira Mesa, San Diego, CA.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I recently visited my local store in Springfield, IL. Looking for exhaust parts, I was assisted by the store manager. It took probably 20 minutes to accomplish what we were doing. In the end they did not have all of what I needed to do my job. The manager gladly explained what was needed for this and how he was going to get what I needed. He did exactly what he said he was going to do, got my needed parts and tools and all in the same day. I think he did a great job and will recommend his store and O'Reilly's to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I ordered a product online to be picked up in store by one of my employees. Over an hour later, I was still on the phone with Corporate because they would not charge my BUSINESS credit card because my legal name did not match what was on the card. Isnt that the purpose of a BUSINESS CREDIT CARD? And then because an employee of mine was in the store trying to pick it up they thought I was a fraud and insisted on running a 'check' to make sure I was authorized to use MY COMPANY CREDIT CARD. All of this hassle over 193.00. You better believe if I could rate them NEGATIVE one million stars I would. I will never EVER use this company for personal or business needs ever again. After 20 years working with customers, I would never treat someone the way they treated me! Absolutely shameful on their manner of handling me.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Needed a 1998 Nissan Frontier radiator fan blade. Priced one at O'Reilly's at $95.00 and ordered it. I was stunned at the price but they had it and knew we needed it. Checked RockAuto and it was right at half that amount ($47.95) but had to order and could not wait. Sure ream you when you have to have it. I would expect some price markup when available but 100%. They think they are on par with the AMA. Will not see me there again.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Stay away from O'Reilly go anywhere else. They do not stand behind what they sell and their Items are cheaply made and do not stand up. Batteries are the cheapest and don't even last 3 years of use. They offer nothing but words when it fails, not even a discount on next battery. I will never shop or buy anything from O'Reilly again will take the time to go to AutoZone, Napa, CARQUEST or any other Auto Parts store even over the Internet. Stay Away From O'Reilly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about O'Reilly Auto Parts?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Three days ago I broke down near an O'Reilly's in Cynthiana, KY, bought a fuel pump, installed new pump. Today it went out. Again I was near the same store, tore it down, installed another new pump. Drove about 12 to 15 miles and was stranded, again the pump. I call. Talked to the manager, same man who sold me the previous two and explained my problem and ask if someone at his store could deliver another pump to me, I would be happy to pay for the service. I was informed that he had never seen or heard of anyone having this problem and that I needed to take my car to a mechanic and have the wiring troubleshoot. But I could bring the pump back and he would give me a refund but not another pump.

So I took it off. Hitchhiked 12-15 miles to an AutoZone across the street. Bought a pump, they gave me a ride back to my car, installed the pump. Went back. Got my refund. And am having zero problems with my new shiny pump. I can't say I won't ever use O'Reilly's again, I've never had a problem with any of their products before. But I absolutely will not use the Cynthiana store. And a huge thank you to AutoZone for their willingness to help someone who was stranded!!!

Original review: July 26, 2018

Motorcraft battery has a Nationwide warranty. O'Reilly refused to replace because they did not sell it. I say they should change to halfway parts house. Am done with them. Thankful to Marshal Mize Ford who I did not buy from either since I am from out of town did check and replace it immediately.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Over a three year period purchased one engine and two transmissions from O'Reilly. A transmission went out with less than 1000 miles and two years left on warranty. O'Reilly state they cannot find the paperwork etc but their corporate office located everything needed. It has been going on seven weeks and no updates. They will not returns calls, will not provide any follow up only to be told that my transmission is in Memphis and the shop is not speaking to them. Reporting Monday theft of property across state lines and take action. Do not, Do not purchase any item from O'Reilly.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I went to O'Reilly in Buckeye, AZ. My tail light was out, there was a young very professional guy who assisted me. He came out changed my tail light. I had questions about my alternator, he said he would check it for me. I had to wait a few minutes while he checked out another customer, no problem. Then he checks my alternator and tells me it was draining my battery. Needs to be replaced. We go inside to get price quotes. When I went to leave my car would not start. I returned to the same young man who said he would give me a jump. I waited 10-15 minutes. He came out, jumped my car and was asking me how far I needed to go, due to the fact that my battery was very low a 4. As we were talking an older, grumpy, unprofessional co-worker of his came out and said "what's going on here". The young man responded, "She (me) needed a jump", my car had started, and he was looking at any lights that had come on.

Then the old, grumpy, unprofessional man said, "Well I need you back in the store, unhook/disconnect it." Can't remember his exact words, "and get back inside." The young man was embarrassed, and apologized at least 3 times for how rude this grumpy, old, unprofessional man was. The old, grumpy, unprofessional man stated "the store is full of customers. I need you back inside". This pissed me off, am I not a customer, this man should of been taking care of customers himself, since that is what the young man who was assisting me was doing. His job. I will go out of my way, and pay more for better treatment. Here I come AutoZone. That's thanks to the old, grumpy, unprofessional man for showing great customer service. Has anyone else had the pleasure of being felt like you didn't matter at O'Reilly Auto Parts in Buckeye, Az. My money spends like everyone else's and will be appreciated and accepted at AutoZone.

Original review: July 11, 2018

The O'Reilly Auto Parts in Sanger, California has two unprofessional and rude employees that didn't want to help get a part I order and paid for. It should have been a quick in out thing but was dragged out to a 40 min wait of them telling me my parts not there only to find out it was the whole time. All they had to do was walk ten feet back and a look to find the part I ordered which I was told to just drive over there that part would be there. They made what should have been a pleasant experience frustrating. MARIO AND GERARDO of the SANGER, CA O'Reilly Auto Parts were very rude and unprofessional to the very end.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Very rude store management, talked down to me as if I was at fault for having received 2 faulty alternators in 5 days time at O'Reilly. I waited for 50 minutes past delivery time for my 2nd alternator to arrive. I asked for it to be tested and Dennis (manager) acted as if it were a physical pain for him to test. He then said it couldn't be tested on his alternator testing machine and would have to be installed on the vehicle to be tested (which is a huge job on my Ford Edge). I went to Advance Auto, had the alternator tested on the same type of machine and it failed. I went back to O'Reilly and told Dennis I would like my money back. He laughed in my face and said, "There's no way 2 alternators were bad. I'm going to test it."

I said, "You told me it couldn't be tested on your machine. I would like to be refunded please." He ignored me altogether and continued trying to test the alternator. Another associate, Carissa, began refunding my purchase, but had to wait for Dennis' managerial credentials to complete the refund. After a couple more minutes, he came and entered his information, never even acknowledged my presence, and just walked away. Carissa completed my refund and I left the store. I will NEVER use O'Reilly Auto Parts again! I do NOT recommend this company to anyone. Advance Auto is definitely the way to go if you desire quality parts AND respectful service. Attached are the pictures I took at Advance Auto of the alternator failing the test that Dennis from O'Reilly Auto said could not be done.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I have spent a lot of money with O'Reilly's. Not only did they ever take care of me on my rewards that I should of had after one day went into O'Reilly's. Spent well over 2000 dollars that day and never seen any rewards for it. Was told call corporate. Got response. Couldn't be rewarded so went back to store. They said that it had two accounts. Anyways never got anything for rewards of anything. Then here it is again on warranties.

Call O'Reilly's for an exchange needed for my 4 x 4. After talking to one store that two people were looking for warranty said didn't have. They would have to order it. I said, "Could you send it to store where I live closest?" Said no. Gave me wrong part number to give. He said I would have to go through the store at Lavernia so I did. They told me that the part is no longer warrantied because I had already got part exchange that they can't and will not warranty it. I said, "But it's lifetime." So another person got on manager. Said, "We warrantied it once then you purchased another one. Because of that it voided your lifetime replacement." I said, "Ok. Never heard of." Then she hung up on me.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I went to O'Reilly to get my car checked out, because the service light kept coming on. This is free, so I didn't expect it to tell me much. It came up as my motor was over temperature. I'm a girl that doesn't really know a single thing about cars and asked if it could be a coolant issue, which I was willing to buy. They told me "I should be good if I have any in it" and that it was overheating because it was hot outside. This should have been a red flag, but to me I guess it made a little bit of sense. The guy told me he had a similar experience, and I would be fine to drive it but just make sure I get it checked out sometime. The next day, I went to start my car, and every sensor light was flashing on and off, I was getting a "STOP SAFELY NOW" warning. My car wouldn't turn on at all.

I tried jumping my car, and it would not take a charge. I then had my car towed to a dealership that has previously worked on my car. That's when I got the worst phone call EVER, about how my electric engine had failed, and had to be completely replaced, which totaled apx. 6,000. I realize that O'Reilly is not a dealership, doesn't necessarily work or fix cars. The moral of my story is to NEVER TRUST THEIR ADVICE. If they didn't know that I would be okay to drive it, don't say that. If you haven't looked at how much coolant is in someone's car, do not tell them they don't need more.

As a woman that lives alone, does not have any family in this state, I unfortunately trusted their judgement, which was obviously a big mistake. I'm sure this store is great for a lot of things, but general knowledge about coolant doesn't seem to be one of them. I will be going to AutoZone from now on, as they have never given me false information if they were not sure about something.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Went in for a fuel pump for a Pontiac Grand Prix GT 3.8 early 2000s. Told him not sure if fuel pump or not yet so if I return it can I if I don't put it in. He said yes. Figured anywhere between $30-$100 max $298.55 he said. I almost ** my pants. I'm like what? I bought one for a German and out of country cars cheaper than that. I said, "You have anything cheaper?" He said, "Yes. $255 but we don't have that one." So I'm like **. If I need it I better get it all parts pretty much same at other places on prices. So on way out we look up fuel pumps. Thirty five dollars same kind delivered next day for $50. That's with overnight delivery and to be so far off just shows your company or that company don't care about the customer just the bottom dollar and that's where all businesses fail.

Mark my words. May not be today or tomorrow but the customer is your money people and if you piss off your customers you think we won't go to the twenty other auto parts stores or buy online. So I return it. I didn't even leave lot. Can't believe that's like four hundred percent increase. Rip off artists. So they reimburse my money on card and I call to see if it's on. It's not. While at store, the manager told me it's up to my card holder to put it on. I said, "No. You reimburse my card. It takes ten seconds for you to receive it and you're telling me you don't know when I'll be reimbursed." Telling me it's up to my company so I called them. They didn't receive it back yet that's hrs ago. Liar thief's and he knew I may be returning and he said nothing about this return policy BS. If they receive it in seconds we should be reimbursed in same amount of time goes right on card.

I will never go there again and I'm also making sure everyone knows their policies are not customer friendly and they charge way too much for their parts. Restaurants are supposed to be the most efficient businesses out there at 100% return. These crooked peeps are going over 400% for the same thing and you can have it sent to your house for way less money for same product. They wonder why they're going out of business and sales dropping. It's not just cause internet, it's because you charge ridiculous prices and your policies on returns and etc are BS and your customer support what customer support. Do you read this O'Reilly.

I'm not rich by no means and most people who go to your stores are not. Otherwise we go to garage. But to charge like a garage would like the snakes some are just shows you that your business needs to be redone from bottom to top cause you all have it ** backwards. Thing is IDK if I've been ripped off, stolen from or when I'll be reimbursed. Them knowing I could be returning it they should of told me their policy and not lie about it and tell me it's up to my company when it's not even reimbursed on my card here which makes me wonder even more. If I took someone's money for something then they returned it and if I didn't pay them then and there I'd be in jail for theft etc. Still didn't tell me their policy on how long it takes either so that's my complaint. Overpricing, no trust makes me feel like they're thieves and I'm on SSSI so that money is my lifeline to them. It's just who cares. Out of sight out of mind is exactly right term for this.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I would like to mark this with zero stars however it will not allow it. Bought a new Ultima alternator and after installing it realized it was not charging and killed my battery. After replacing under warranty the second alternator was charging much because of a faulty voltage regulator and fried my battery. Had to buy a new battery when the one I had was perfectly fine. Took the alternator back for a refund and went to Advance Auto and got a Carquest that works great. Do not Ultima alternators save your time and money and go Advance Auto and get one.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I came to O'Reilly since it was close by. I never actually knew I would be treated well. The gentleman who waited on me was kind. He replaced my headlight bulb. While it only took him 1 minute, it might be took me 10 or so since I am a Woman and I don't know much about cars. I really appreciated his help.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I was immediately greeted as I entered. I told Blake my engine light came on and asked if he could find out what was wrong. He happily said yes and grabbed his tool. In 2 minutes I knew what was going on with my car. Luckily it was the gas cap missing yesterday but after replacing it light didn't go away. Blake was very professional and helpful. He deserves a raise.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Well I bought a thermostat their Murray brand and a hose, well in less than 30 days both parts were junk, caused my car to trip the engine light for the thermostat. The radiator hose developed a small hairline crack, not please by this, they did refund the purchase of the defective hose, the thermostat I just threw it away. Went to another parts store, bought a new thermostat and a hose. Haven't had a problem since. They need to stop selling crap made in China.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I just spent $50.69 at O’Reilly Auto Parts store and they gave me a .65 discount. Every time I try to use one of their coupons, it didn’t apply to what I was buying. I’ll never shop there again. There are too many other places that sell the same thing and give me a 10% discount.

Original review: March 20, 2018

They are employing people who can’t order the right part, but then the customer has to wait 3 to 5 days to get their money back, are wait other 3 to 5 days for them to get right part. Everyone of these people need to be fired for their stupidity. I will not be doing business with them again.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Originally had an engine replaced in March of 16. Due to my travel schedule I wasn't able to pick the vehicle up until late Jan of 17. Picked it up and it was leaking oil. As soon as I stopped for fuel took back to shop and they replaced the rear main seal, picked back up 3 days later still leaking oil and now a/c wasn't working. Returned to shop for repair. Picked up again and all was well. For about 12k miles started going through tons and tons of oil and knocking. Took back to original shop for replacement and wife went to pick up as shop told her all was well. Before they pulled it out of the shop 2nd replacement blew a head gasket and was pulled out and replaced. New one ordered took a couple days to come in and was swapped.

Wife loaded up daughter and clothes from trip and the 3rd replacement broke down before she got out of city limits. It was some kind of sensor that had to be replaced. Drove up to KY. All was well for about 4k miles then drove to North Dakota in it and started knocking and lost oil pressure on the way up replaced engine once more. This is now engine number 4 and within 600 miles of having this one replaced it's starting to jerk really bad when you let off the gas and the warranty is finishing every excuse to not cover it. Don't waste your money on their parts they refuse to honor warranty and will leave you stick on the road with nothing to show for your money except another repair bill.

I have paperwork to validate all of this so I'm not just a disgruntled person. It was a pure ripoff on their part. I have all of the others but they are at home and I'm out of state again. This is in no way a bad mark against the garage. They went above and beyond to take care of me when I brought them this truck to do a diagnostic on it as per the warranty requirements. So now odds are I need a 5th replacement and O'Reilly refuses to honor the warranty.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

My experience with O'Reilly Auto Parts. 4530 N Rancho Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89130. I had work done on my 2003 Ford excursion diesel at My Auto Service, 7870 W Ann Rd #170, Las Vegas, NV 89149. They said the work needed was new 8 fuel injectors; and the fuel filter should to be change at the same time. I agreed.

They bought the parts from O'Reilly auto parts on Rancho Drive. The work was done and nothing but trouble since. In the two years following they replaced 22 injectors total. The worst thing that happened, one of the injectors failed, the number one cylinder overheated and my compression went to 0 PSI. A Ford dealership in town checked the issue concluding a new motor would be needed, cost $18,000.00. Using the same injectors from O'Reilly. I don't think so! A set of injectors from Ford cost around $3,400.00.

I sent the bad injector to O'Reilly auto for diagnosis, and three months later they said that the manufacturer said there were particles in the injector that caused the injector to go bad; which would be the fault of the fuel filter. So they didn’t want to warranty the injector(s). Number one: Why didn't they send the part to a third party to be checked; not the manufacturer? So I informed O, Reilly Auto parts that the fuel filter was change out before this all started. With O'Reily auto parts. A filter from your store! They told me to send the filter in to be check out. After waiting three months for the first answer I decided to just sell my 2003 Ford Excursion as is; which I did.

By the way did I say the manager at O'Reilly Auto Part's on 4530 N. Rancho Dr., Las Vegas, NV 89130 told me right of the bat, I was wasting my time. You would think a Company like O'Reilly Auto would stand behind the parts they sell. I looked online and I am not the only person having issue with their parts. My 2003 Ford Excursion only had 170,000 miles on it. For a diesel engine that's nothing. I lost a truck that me and my four kids enjoyed and should have enjoyed for at least ten more years. Now I don't have a truck to pull my boat. I have to rent a truck. Thanks O’Reilly Auto Parts.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Power steering pumps are not good. I paid a mechanic twice to do the repairs. I brought it back to get it replaced. 3 power steering pumps didn't work so I got a return and went to another part store to get the pump. Now my car is running like a champ. Stay away from this store.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I have been using O'REILLY Auto Parts for many years and have always had a very satisfactory experience. Since moving in 2001 to my current location I have used the Warrensburg store numerous times and as always have had a good experience. Their prices are fair and customer service is always top notch. One time I went in looking for a part and didn't know the name but the gentleman that waited on me did and took me right to it. I have had several dealings with Rusty and this guy just goes way above and beyond in helping where he can. I have told several people to seek out Rusty when they go there to buy parts. He is also very helpful if another employee doesn't know exactly how to locate a part. He is an expert at his job, customer service and helping fellow employees. It's always a pleasure in dealing with this store. I know a couple of auto repair shops and they have the same opinion of Rusty and the Warrensburg store.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

For over 10 years I have used O'Reilly Auto Parts in at least eight states literally from coast to coast, North to South, and in the Midwest. I have used at least 19 different locations as well as their online ordering. With only the exception of two individuals, I have found their staff to be very courteous, friendly, professional and helpful. More than likely they have either the great quality part I need or the inexpensive item I want because I'll probably never need it again. They have always readily accepted any item I have tried to return and of course I keep any item I may need to return in good condition. Their database has allowed me to get replacement items under warranty without having to keep track of my sales ticket as they keep track of all my purchases on my rewards account.

Their loaner program has saved me a bundle of money by not having to purchase specialty tools I may only use once or twice a lifetime. If they do not have a part I need in-stock, they will locate a store that has the item and have the other store hold it for me. I have had only good experiences with redeeming the discount coupons they send me automatically by email. The only reason I did not give them five stars is because I can still usually get my oil cheaper at Walmart; however, O'Reilly's is very much my go-to auto parts store.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I am actually getting tired of being asked a million questions about my vehicle. I'm needing a replacement headlamp for a 98 F150. Lariat. I don't feel that engine size or whether its 2 or 4 wheel-drive is relevant when looking for a headlamp.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I bought a Power Torque Rebuilt 5.4 Ford Engine for my 2000 Ford pickup. I had always had good luck with warranties from O'Reilly's in the past and this engine carries a 3 year, unlimited mileage warranty. Immediately after putting it in, it starts making a slight noise. I changed the oil and added a quart of Lucas hoping that the noise was a lifter that had not settled down yet. Needless to say, it just kept getting worse. I finally got time and money to have the engine pulled to send it in for warranty. That's when everything changed. It took almost a month before I heard anything. O'Reilly had me deal with the builder instead of covering the warranty.

Of course the builder said it was not their engine but was caused by engine management. They offered to give me correct price back for the $3000.00 engine. When I tried to discuss the claim, I was told to deal with O'Reilly's. When I did this, they said the engine looked bad and it must be something we did. This was December 4th which, at that time I told them to send my engine back. It sucks. January 3rd and I am still waiting on my engine. Long story short... DO NOT buy a special order engine or transmission... O'Reilly's will NOT honor the warranty. Not to mention it has been more than 2 months and I don't even have the engine back so I can try to fix it.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Have used O'Reilly's for over 25 years! Have used their parts on all my own vehicles and over 100s of others. Had people go there and buy it from them as well so I could repair their cars. I recently bought an alternator, using my O'Reilly's "rewards" card and the same phone number I’ve used for years! Well the alternator went bad on my son's vehicle (after only 6 months) which is not O'Reilly's fault. Stuff happens... So as normal it was lifetime. Took it off and back up to O'Reilly's. Well for whatever reason they couldn’t find it in their system using my phone number so I called the original store I bought from. Still NO luck. This is the second time they couldn’t find it in the system??? The last time I finally found the receipt. It was clearly their alternator. It was theirs, their part number sticker was still on it?

All the other parts stores use different numbers and brands as well. It was theirs! But couldn’t replace it?? Or wouldn’t!! A lot of the employees even know me cuz I frequent them often! So I called back again to plead my case but to no avail! So I went next door to NAPA! They had a new one in stock. I was wanting a reman for the cost so they sold me a new one for the cost of what a reman from O'Reilly's would have cost me! I have used NAPA a few times in the past when O'Reilly's didn’t have what I needed and they always had it! Napa is my new store. If there is a Napa near you. I’d suggest you give them a try. I guarantee it will be your new store as well!!! Napa know how I tried giving them a half star! But it wouldn’t let me. From now on I'll recommend them (NAPA) to everyone I know!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

We have purchased 3 new thermostats in about one year. The last one was purchased about 3 months ago. Problem!!! I am sitting broke down due to overheating yet again, but this time I am 6 hours from home. Was in the middle of the forest in the middle of the night and cold outside. Not safe, I am not buying another product from O'Reilly's again. Poor product, thermostat should last longer. FYI we tested the last thermostat and it was bad. NEED TO FIND ANOTHER SUPPLIER O'REILLY'S. You've almost blew up my car.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

My wife's car broke down in O'Reilly's parking lot in Orange, TX on Dec 9, 2017. Oil had leaked from engine valve cover onto alternator causing it to stall then die. Went in the store one of the employees immediately came outside and checked the voltage with a meter. Half of what it should be. All the employees helped in one way or another. They sold me a new alternator and called a traveling mechanic who had me going back home in a few hours. I was going to call a wrecker and have the car towed to a shop. These people saved us towing charges and the car probably wouldn't have been repaired until Monday maybe. That's what I call really, really good service. Hope they all get raises. The car was a Hyundai Veracruz limited by the way. Alternators should not be mounted close to the ground and under the engine. Merry Christmas and God bless the employees at O'Reilly auto parts in Orange, TX.

O'Reilly Auto Parts Company Information