Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.62/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

181 O'Reilly Auto Parts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 10, 2019

I purchased a starter from O'Reilly's because they said it was guaranteed for life. The starter failed in the state of Kansas and there was no O'Reilly's available, and as you know you need a starter to get out of town. I went to the nearest auto parts store and they sold me a starter and installed it for me also. Several miles later, I found a O'Reilly's in another state. I went in and talked to the store manager, he stated I have two choices after showing him my receipt. 1. A new starter for back up, or 2. Cash from your receipt. I took the cash and will continue to shop at O'Reilly's. Floyd

Original review: March 13, 2019

Matt and Jodi were the best. Went above and beyond. Knew exactly what I needed. Saved me a lot of stress. Thanks guys for your hard work and customer service. Will always recommend to everyone that is needing help. Have everything you will need for your vehicle and if not in the store can get it.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

On November 17, 2018, I had two O'Reilly employees assist me with a car antenna problem on my 1999 Monte Carlo. Their expertise was amazing, not to mention their patience! Thanks, Kendall and Alan. Above and beyond the call of duty!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I am a single mom who moved to CA from the Aloha state of HI. I do not have relatives here or friends to help me when I have problems with my Chrysler 300C & my Acura TL. Derek, Brad & Jonathan have helped me feel comfortable asking questions & assisted me with all my questions! They provide excellent customer service and more importantly, knowledgeable about my cars’ needs. I will never shop online or anywhere else because I completely TRUST the products and parts recommended. I truly commend Derek & Brad for going above & beyond to assist me by literally coming out to the parking lot so I can show them what I am talking about because I know nothing about cars! Thank you, thank you for hiring such patient, kind, knowledgeable & fun employees! They are truly an asset to O’Reily’s. They are the front line for customers & the “face” of the company. I am a loyal customer thanks to them! O’Reily’s in Mira Mesa, San Diego, CA.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I recently visited my local store in Springfield, IL. Looking for exhaust parts, I was assisted by the store manager. It took probably 20 minutes to accomplish what we were doing. In the end they did not have all of what I needed to do my job. The manager gladly explained what was needed for this and how he was going to get what I needed. He did exactly what he said he was going to do, got my needed parts and tools and all in the same day. I think he did a great job and will recommend his store and O'Reilly's to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about O'Reilly Auto Parts?

Original review: May 3, 2019

I called O’Reilly Auto Parts for part # MOOG 6187T (Idler Arm). O’Reilly matched the price and I said I’ll be in. Upon entering the store I asked for the part and someone brought out a Master Pro idler arm. I was just ready to pay when I looked at the box and it said Master Pro. I said I asked for the MOOG. Then, the counter person said that will be more money. I said I specifically made mention of MOOG and the part number to the counter person via the telephone. The manager said he could not match the price given him.

I wasted my time, gas and lost money in not being able to receive the correct part. I filed a document online to O’Reilly and never heard from them. I called also in speaking with Stephanie as she said the district manager would be in touch with me within twenty-four hours. Never heard from anyone, nor did any ever address this issue. I can corroborate every word verbatim for all my calls are logged. We shall not be bringing any customer support to O’Reilly. This is the classic bait and switch method.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I bought a one foot 2.5 inch rubber hose that was made in Mexico. The hose is poor quality, and they charged me about $26 for a hose they most likely paid less than $5 for. This is highway robbery! I won’t be doing business with this company that does not charge fair prices!

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was recently disabused of my illusions that O'Reilly was any better than any of the other operators out there. My kids bought a Super Start Extreme battery for their car a couple of years ago in Minnesota for around $130 carrying a 3-year replacement warranty. The battery had a sticker on it that said M6, indicating that it was built in 2016 according to the worker in the retail store.

When it crapped out this week, I took it to an O'Reilly and I unfortunately found out they didn't have the receipt. Unlike Walmart, which will warranty battery even without a receipt based on their sticker showing the date of manufacture, O'Reilly only warranties the battery (even though they know the date of manufacture) if you have your receipt or you are in their Rewards Club. And, somehow, they don’t have my kids’ phone numbers in their system either. Convenient. So my kids get to pay full price for a replacement of a battery that crapped out after 2 years. Oh, and don't bother calling O'Reilly customer service. I left my phone number for them after waiting on hold for 30 minutes and they never called back. Walmart will get my business from now on.

Original review: April 12, 2019

We ordered a flex pipe for a 2010 Kia Soul at our local store. My fiancé asked them more than once that it was the right part. They kept reassuring him it was. Tonight when he tried to put it on it wouldn’t fit. He brought our old flex pipe and the new one to the store and come to find out it was for the Kia Soul 2.0 not the 1.8 so there goes 175.00 down the drain. Then he asks them to order the one we needed and they can’t order it!!! They told him it was going to be 435.00 for the one we need! The flex pipe didn’t even come with the bolts and they couldn’t answer him when he asked for the bolts. Told him to try to guess about it!! Wouldn’t even help him find the bolts. Never ever will I go back to them and give them my business.

Original review: April 3, 2019

So I ordered an Ultima starter for a 2008 v6 Ford Mustang. I was given the wrong part. The manager made sure that this was the correct part. Was told there is no return after it's been installed. How did I install the wrong part? Well one electrical connection is on the wrong side of the starter. So the cable barely had enough length to fit ON THE WRONG SIDE. This store at 47250 Vandyke Utica Michigan has terrible service. Anyone with basic knowledge of auto parts should know that was the wrong part. Disgusted.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I recently bought a $35 serpentine belt for my car. They now refuse to take it back. They claim that it’s used which is far from the Truth. I refuse do business with them again. They are crooks. The location is Hwy 31. Hartselle, Alabama 35640.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Saturday the 16th of March was a less than stellar experience for me at your store in Red Oak, TX. Since you have everything I do to a phone number you may want to check **. Here is my story. I had a $5.00 coupon and used it to purchase a product that was discounted to around $7.23 (?) and the salesperson told me to keep my coupon in case it does not work. The part did not work so I brought it back. I also decided to buy 2 more items and get credit for my coupon toward my new purchases--but no. The manager said I could not use the coupon again and I told him if the since the coupon was validated at the first sale I expect to be credited the $5.00 on the new sale and he said NO! So now I have used a coupon to purchase a non-working part and still paid full price minus an .80 cent discount for the second visit to return the first item and buy more.

I feel like this manager had a bad attitude and could not figure out what I was trying to explain to him. I may not be the biggest customer but if you look up my number you will get the feeling I've been pretty loyal to your company. He kept saying, "You can't use the coupon twice" but there still should be a credit given. There are other places for me to go and the response I get from this letter will pretty much make my decision. Thanks.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Went to O'Reilly's to get a replacement blower resistor for my 2008 Trailblazer. Two different counter people and 20 minutes later, I still waiting on someone to get the part. Both sales reps walked away; one to help another customer; the other to help another O'Reilly employee. This is extremely poor customer service. Took my defective part and went to AutoZone and bought what I needed. O'Reilly's needs to close their doors and train their employees how to care for customers.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I purchased a top end super start battery in December for my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Now in February it was slow cranking and did not have the proper energy to keep the car running. Took it to my local O'Reilly's in Woodland Park Colorado. They did a quick test, said it was good and needed a charge. I explained I had tried that but it still was not good enough to keep car running. They said they would have to charge it then see if it worked. I informed them that it was a faulty battery and wanted a new one. Said they had to follow procedure. I to left and went to AutoZone and got a new battery. Eliminated problem, will not shop O'Reilly's for any car parts in future. Truly disappointed in their treatment of customer and warranty process.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

On January 28, 2018 I went into an O'Reilly store that had recently opened near me at 2050 Pensacola, Blvd. Cantonment Florida (Pensacola). I purchased 4 brake rotors for my Granddaughter's 2008 Honda Civic. I had shopped around other auto parts stores and the price quoted at O'Reilly's was good. I was waited on by a young man named **. according to my receipt. I asked if he offered any discounts for seniors or retired military and he said yes, and I asked to receive it. He agreed, rang up my order. When I got home I started thinking that my purchase should have been less than I was charged. When I looked at my receipt I noticed that the discount was for 3.32 off of 165.95 (Roughly 2%).

I called back to the store and spoke to ** and he said "the discount varied from product to product depending on the item and its mark up or profit" Now that sounded like BS to me so I called 3 other O'Reilly stores in the area and was told the discount is 10%. So I called back and spoke to ** again and this time he told me that senior discount is 2% and military discount is 10%. He then said rather sternly "you didn't ask for military discount so you didn't get it" I reminded him that I had asked and his response was "Whatever, so what do you want me to do about it." I said I wanted to receive the Military Discount. When we finished talking he slammed the phone down very hard.

I went back to the store this morning with my receipt and spoke to the mgr. ** a short heavyset woman who spoke to with total disrespect almost as bad as when I was in the Marine Corp, and definitely as bad as some of the people I came across while serving in law enforcement. She berated me, chastized me and talked down to me very rudely and was very disrespectful. I'm 77 years old and don't have to put up with that kind of behavior. No one should! She did give me a refund but in the process she cheated me out of .51 cents. My recommendation is to go some place else that appreciates the customer and respects former military and elderly people. Theres 2 other auto parts places just down the street.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

On Christmas Eve I bought a rebuilt brake caliper (they don't sell new ones) that had a very expensive core charge. I also bought a new brake hose for the same vehicle, buying both with a check. I've been a customer there for years and have used cash, checks and credit cards at various times. I discovered that the hose didn't fit my truck and recalled that counter person said it had to be one of only 2 possibilities, the one I bought or another whose picture was obviously different. So, on the way back to O'Reilly's today, I stop at another store and buy the correct hose and proceed to O's to get my core charge back as well as a refund on the hose that didn't fit.

It wasn't until then that I was advised of the O'Reilly Auto Parts policy of having to wait 7 to 10 days for my check to clear before issuing a refund. Oh, the hose that didn't fit was result of counterman's mistake, looking up wrong application. He said the store policy required him to refund in the same manner I paid originally. I said "Fine, cut me a company check and I'll be happy." Nope, it had to be a store gift card. I told him I can't afford to hold an auto parts gift card for $70.00, I want something negotiable anywhere I need to shop, just like my personal check can do. I was given the return merchandise back and told to come back in "7 to 10 days". I told him that will be the last time he sees me. Houghton Lake is not a large metropolitan area, but there are too many other auto parts stores to patronize one that treats faithful customers like this.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Within one year all four of my replacement brake calipers for 2010 Subaru Forester failed. Started with right rear, then left rear two weeks later, followed by both front calipers 2 months later. I've been replacing brake pads and calipers for decades and never seen an issue like this. Go to a foreign auto parts store and get quality products.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Bought an alternator (ULTIMA) - Brought it to a garage to put in. It was bad. Had to pay twice to have another one installed (garage bought a preferred one). ULTIMA advertises on the O'Reilly web site that parts are "100% tested to ensure years of reliability"... I filed a warranty claim with O'Reilly for the labor charge - $260.00. They wrote a check for $80.00. Said they pay $40.00/hr for failed parts. Asked them how they come up with that amount. Was told they just decided to pay that amount.

Decided to investigate why the alternator from O'Reilly failed. Called the Manufacturer to ask for the testing results. Gave them the serial number. Was told no testing results were available. Called O'Reilly Corporate offices. Spoke with a claims representative. Asked why they don't test parts. Here's where it gets bizarre. The Rep said: "They do not test every part that goes out the door". He claimed EVERY Manufacturer only spot checks parts. I was blown away. I am currently trying to get a response from the regional manager. I left 2 messages and have not heard back. I'll try and update when I hear.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

O’Reilly’s Hondo, Texas - Ordered a part. A simple $6.48 power steering pump cap. Paid in cash, in full, at counter. Got a call the next day from “Phil” the salesperson, "Your part is in, buddy." was the voicemail. I drove 17 miles, after work, after dark, on the coldest night of the year into town, as I need that cap on my pump. No record found, no part found. I asked for a refund and presented my valid, paid cash receipt for $6.48. “We cannot refund your money without physically seeing the part.” So, I pay and order a part. You fail to perform your end of the bargain, then provoke me (a life long customer that you know and recognize) by saying "You can’t just come in here and get mad at us."

Look, you ignorant thieves. You robbed a valuable customer for a petty $6.48. Outrageous! I will never go back, as I have been disappointed over the years a few times, but remained loyal to this store. This is an intolerable consumer rip off. NAPA Auto Parts is just down the street, and I am tired of all The O’Reillys Rewards spam anyway. You will never see me again - good riddance.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I ordered a product online to be picked up in store by one of my employees. Over an hour later, I was still on the phone with Corporate because they would not charge my BUSINESS credit card because my legal name did not match what was on the card. Isnt that the purpose of a BUSINESS CREDIT CARD? And then because an employee of mine was in the store trying to pick it up they thought I was a fraud and insisted on running a 'check' to make sure I was authorized to use MY COMPANY CREDIT CARD. All of this hassle over 193.00. You better believe if I could rate them NEGATIVE one million stars I would. I will never EVER use this company for personal or business needs ever again. After 20 years working with customers, I would never treat someone the way they treated me! Absolutely shameful on their manner of handling me.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Needed a 1998 Nissan Frontier radiator fan blade. Priced one at O'Reilly's at $95.00 and ordered it. I was stunned at the price but they had it and knew we needed it. Checked RockAuto and it was right at half that amount ($47.95) but had to order and could not wait. Sure ream you when you have to have it. I would expect some price markup when available but 100%. They think they are on par with the AMA. Will not see me there again.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Stay away from O'Reilly go anywhere else. They do not stand behind what they sell and their Items are cheaply made and do not stand up. Batteries are the cheapest and don't even last 3 years of use. They offer nothing but words when it fails, not even a discount on next battery. I will never shop or buy anything from O'Reilly again will take the time to go to AutoZone, Napa, CARQUEST or any other Auto Parts store even over the Internet. Stay Away From O'Reilly.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Three days ago I broke down near an O'Reilly's in Cynthiana, KY, bought a fuel pump, installed new pump. Today it went out. Again I was near the same store, tore it down, installed another new pump. Drove about 12 to 15 miles and was stranded, again the pump. I call. Talked to the manager, same man who sold me the previous two and explained my problem and ask if someone at his store could deliver another pump to me, I would be happy to pay for the service. I was informed that he had never seen or heard of anyone having this problem and that I needed to take my car to a mechanic and have the wiring troubleshoot. But I could bring the pump back and he would give me a refund but not another pump.

So I took it off. Hitchhiked 12-15 miles to an AutoZone across the street. Bought a pump, they gave me a ride back to my car, installed the pump. Went back. Got my refund. And am having zero problems with my new shiny pump. I can't say I won't ever use O'Reilly's again, I've never had a problem with any of their products before. But I absolutely will not use the Cynthiana store. And a huge thank you to AutoZone for their willingness to help someone who was stranded!!!

Original review: July 26, 2018

Motorcraft battery has a Nationwide warranty. O'Reilly refused to replace because they did not sell it. I say they should change to halfway parts house. Am done with them. Thankful to Marshal Mize Ford who I did not buy from either since I am from out of town did check and replace it immediately.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Over a three year period purchased one engine and two transmissions from O'Reilly. A transmission went out with less than 1000 miles and two years left on warranty. O'Reilly state they cannot find the paperwork etc but their corporate office located everything needed. It has been going on seven weeks and no updates. They will not returns calls, will not provide any follow up only to be told that my transmission is in Memphis and the shop is not speaking to them. Reporting Monday theft of property across state lines and take action. Do not, Do not purchase any item from O'Reilly.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I went to O'Reilly in Buckeye, AZ. My tail light was out, there was a young very professional guy who assisted me. He came out changed my tail light. I had questions about my alternator, he said he would check it for me. I had to wait a few minutes while he checked out another customer, no problem. Then he checks my alternator and tells me it was draining my battery. Needs to be replaced. We go inside to get price quotes. When I went to leave my car would not start. I returned to the same young man who said he would give me a jump. I waited 10-15 minutes. He came out, jumped my car and was asking me how far I needed to go, due to the fact that my battery was very low a 4. As we were talking an older, grumpy, unprofessional co-worker of his came out and said "what's going on here". The young man responded, "She (me) needed a jump", my car had started, and he was looking at any lights that had come on.

Then the old, grumpy, unprofessional man said, "Well I need you back in the store, unhook/disconnect it." Can't remember his exact words, "and get back inside." The young man was embarrassed, and apologized at least 3 times for how rude this grumpy, old, unprofessional man was. The old, grumpy, unprofessional man stated "the store is full of customers. I need you back inside". This pissed me off, am I not a customer, this man should of been taking care of customers himself, since that is what the young man who was assisting me was doing. His job. I will go out of my way, and pay more for better treatment. Here I come AutoZone. That's thanks to the old, grumpy, unprofessional man for showing great customer service. Has anyone else had the pleasure of being felt like you didn't matter at O'Reilly Auto Parts in Buckeye, Az. My money spends like everyone else's and will be appreciated and accepted at AutoZone.

Original review: July 11, 2018

The O'Reilly Auto Parts in Sanger, California has two unprofessional and rude employees that didn't want to help get a part I order and paid for. It should have been a quick in out thing but was dragged out to a 40 min wait of them telling me my parts not there only to find out it was the whole time. All they had to do was walk ten feet back and a look to find the part I ordered which I was told to just drive over there that part would be there. They made what should have been a pleasant experience frustrating. MARIO AND GERARDO of the SANGER, CA O'Reilly Auto Parts were very rude and unprofessional to the very end.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Very rude store management, talked down to me as if I was at fault for having received 2 faulty alternators in 5 days time at O'Reilly. I waited for 50 minutes past delivery time for my 2nd alternator to arrive. I asked for it to be tested and Dennis (manager) acted as if it were a physical pain for him to test. He then said it couldn't be tested on his alternator testing machine and would have to be installed on the vehicle to be tested (which is a huge job on my Ford Edge). I went to Advance Auto, had the alternator tested on the same type of machine and it failed. I went back to O'Reilly and told Dennis I would like my money back. He laughed in my face and said, "There's no way 2 alternators were bad. I'm going to test it."

I said, "You told me it couldn't be tested on your machine. I would like to be refunded please." He ignored me altogether and continued trying to test the alternator. Another associate, Carissa, began refunding my purchase, but had to wait for Dennis' managerial credentials to complete the refund. After a couple more minutes, he came and entered his information, never even acknowledged my presence, and just walked away. Carissa completed my refund and I left the store. I will NEVER use O'Reilly Auto Parts again! I do NOT recommend this company to anyone. Advance Auto is definitely the way to go if you desire quality parts AND respectful service. Attached are the pictures I took at Advance Auto of the alternator failing the test that Dennis from O'Reilly Auto said could not be done.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I have spent a lot of money with O'Reilly's. Not only did they ever take care of me on my rewards that I should of had after one day went into O'Reilly's. Spent well over 2000 dollars that day and never seen any rewards for it. Was told call corporate. Got response. Couldn't be rewarded so went back to store. They said that it had two accounts. Anyways never got anything for rewards of anything. Then here it is again on warranties.

Call O'Reilly's for an exchange needed for my 4 x 4. After talking to one store that two people were looking for warranty said didn't have. They would have to order it. I said, "Could you send it to store where I live closest?" Said no. Gave me wrong part number to give. He said I would have to go through the store at Lavernia so I did. They told me that the part is no longer warrantied because I had already got part exchange that they can't and will not warranty it. I said, "But it's lifetime." So another person got on manager. Said, "We warrantied it once then you purchased another one. Because of that it voided your lifetime replacement." I said, "Ok. Never heard of." Then she hung up on me.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I went to O'Reilly to get my car checked out, because the service light kept coming on. This is free, so I didn't expect it to tell me much. It came up as my motor was over temperature. I'm a girl that doesn't really know a single thing about cars and asked if it could be a coolant issue, which I was willing to buy. They told me "I should be good if I have any in it" and that it was overheating because it was hot outside. This should have been a red flag, but to me I guess it made a little bit of sense. The guy told me he had a similar experience, and I would be fine to drive it but just make sure I get it checked out sometime. The next day, I went to start my car, and every sensor light was flashing on and off, I was getting a "STOP SAFELY NOW" warning. My car wouldn't turn on at all.

I tried jumping my car, and it would not take a charge. I then had my car towed to a dealership that has previously worked on my car. That's when I got the worst phone call EVER, about how my electric engine had failed, and had to be completely replaced, which totaled apx. 6,000. I realize that O'Reilly is not a dealership, doesn't necessarily work or fix cars. The moral of my story is to NEVER TRUST THEIR ADVICE. If they didn't know that I would be okay to drive it, don't say that. If you haven't looked at how much coolant is in someone's car, do not tell them they don't need more.

As a woman that lives alone, does not have any family in this state, I unfortunately trusted their judgement, which was obviously a big mistake. I'm sure this store is great for a lot of things, but general knowledge about coolant doesn't seem to be one of them. I will be going to AutoZone from now on, as they have never given me false information if they were not sure about something.

O'Reilly Auto Parts Company Information