National Tire & Battery (NTB)

National Tire & Battery Reviews

Find a Best Auto Service and Repair partner
3.6(765)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

About National Tire & Battery (NTB)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

• 1%
  • 4%
  • 31%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NTB Tires?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NTB Tires?

Reviewed July 10, 2024

The manager/supervisor for the Battleground store in Greensboro, NC, provided excellent customer service. He greeted me outside, asking what he could do to help. When I explained that I was early for my appointment, he invited me inside and immediately took my information for a tire pressure check. At check-out, I mentioned that I had bought a warranty for the tires at the time I purchased them from an NTB in Concord, NC, in case the tire repair just completed was covered.

Despite not being able to access that information in a computer check, this manager/supervisor said he believed me and did not charge for the work completed. I promised I would bring my record of the warranty when I next brought the car for service, and if the tire repair was not covered, I would pay for it then. He said, "You're good." However, he did not have to take my word for this, especially since I was unsure of what my plan included. I very much appreciated his good faith/good business practice decision and will most definitely continue to bring my car there for servicing.

Reviewed May 10, 2024

I am very pleased with this place, Red got me in and out with just a little wait! Very professional and a great attitude. I also had a question about something else on my vehicle and in 2.5 seconds he had an answer for me insuring me that it could be fixed with no problem. I wouldn’t go any place else. I highly recommend NTB for your oil change, the in and out doesn’t get any better and if you are looking for professional employees with a great attitude and on the job ASAP. Don’t walk, RUN, they got you.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Staff

Reviewed April 28, 2024

The service was courteous and honest. We had an issue with all of the console lights coming on and not clearing. The NTB techs were able to diagnose the issue even though the machine didn't give a direct error code. The techs did not try to upsell unnecessary procedures or offer services that they were unable to provide. They explained what we needed to do and how to go about doing it. Great service!

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2023

I come to NTB for all my tire issues and alignments. They take good care of everything in the car and treat my car with care. They are fantastic at their job and very friendly. I typically go to them after I get a quote from my dealership and of course, they are wanting a lot for two tires so after I get a quote from them, I call and see what NTB and see what their quote is and it always surprises me of how their prices are reasonable.

Reviewed July 28, 2023

I brought my car NTB in Mandeville to get an oil change and tire rotation. When I called to make my appointment, the lady over the phone asked me if my information in the computer was still correct. I explained I no longer had that vehicle, gave her the correct vehicle, I also explained that I had a coupon on my phone, asked her if I needed to print it out or just show it to her. She said I could show it. When I got to NTB and Mandeville Matthew, the store manager checks me in, Ask me if I still have my Solara (which was two cars before this one). I proceeded to explain that I have a different vehicle, I also show him my coupon. He proceeds to tell me that I need to use the coupon online. I then explain to him that I had just spoke to the lady on the phone and she said it was fine Matthew, the store manager has the nerve to tell me that I’m lying, but he’s going to do it this one time. The time is 2:03 PM.

I tell him I’ll be back to pick up my car later because I need to go to work. He said he would be done in 15 minutes. I ran to the bank. While I’m at the bank at 2:19 PM Matthew called me to tell me my car is ready to be picked up. When I go to pick up my car I said, "That was fast. I don’t know how you did it in 15 minutes." When I looked at my receipt, he put 3.17 quarts of oil into my car. My car takes 3.5 quarts. So I called to ask him about it. He tells me that the computer tells him to only put 3.3 and that 3.17 is equal to 3.3. Now I’m not a math magician but I’m also not dumb. The next day I called him. Now at this time I did not know Matthew was the guy who changed my oil so when I called, he answered the phone as Matthew. I go to ask him if he was there on Wednesday he responds with, "I know exactly who this is. What can I do for you." So I start to explain how it doesn’t look like he put enough oil in my vehicle.

He tells me I could come back and we could look at the dipstick together. I said I don’t need him to look at the dipstick. I can do that then I ask him for corporate number. He proceeds to tell me that he has no idea. Have a good day and hangs up. So I call NTB in Covington. I explain my issue. He tells me I can make an appointment and he will check everything out for me. (Jeremy Covington store manager). I also reach out to corporate to explain what happened. They apologized, offered me to go to another store to get it checked out. By this time I had already made an appointment. The customer service lady tells me that someone will reach out to me by Monday or Tuesday. Not an hour later, I get a phone call from corporate, apologizing and willing to resolve the issue even offered me to make an appointment at the Covington one for me so I can get it looked at.

I came to NTB and Covington walked in. Everyone was very welcoming, friendly and willing to answer any questions I had, got me checked in right away. While I was checking in Jeremy (store manager) is already pulling my car around to the back. He is one of the nicest people you will meet. This was the quickest oil change I’ve ever had. Even five minute oil takes 30 to 45 minutes at least for me every-time I go. When he was done with my vehicle, he actually came out and talked to me told me I was good to go. Everything looks fine except I had too much air pressure in my tires so he took some out for me.

The Covington one might be a little further, but it is worth it. Everyone there was so helpful, nice and friendly. Mandeville is not welcoming/not friendly but it is closer to me. After the last experience, I’ve had at Mandeville he will never get my service again nor will I recommend anyone to that location. You need your tires rotated, and a oil change. Take that drive, go to NTB in Covington and see Jeremy and the rest of his crew. I promise you won’t be disappointed.

Customer Service

Reviewed July 10, 2024

John from the Lake Ridge, VA store gave excellent customer service. Order a tire and I had same day delivery. Where I original purchase the tire for my Audi they told me it would take up to two days. I can't Thank him enough!

Price

Reviewed July 10, 2024

Good service and kindness in Ntb East Market street York PA. Ryan and Sharline they helped me with everything. I recommend them and the prices very low. The place clean and very fast in the service change oil.

PriceStaff

Reviewed June 22, 2024

Great experience! There was a lot of people to come help me get my quad tires and rims changed out. It took them no time at all and they were more than happy to change them for me and it was even a really good price!

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed June 21, 2024

I took my vehicle in to the NTB on Western Blvd in Jacksonville, NC for a FREE air conditioning check based on what was on the website. Appointment was at 11am, they didn't pull it into the bay until 1135. Were done at 1145, I'm watching through the window from the customer waiting area and NO ONE touched my vehicle the entire time it was in the bay. The Tech that pulled it in opened the hood and went and grabbed some wiper blades for another vehicle then proceeded to enjoy a cup of noodles. Desk attendant to me it was my AC Condenser and it would be around $700 to repair (but no one checked anything). Told him I'd think on it and may reschedule to get it done.

Left and was called back by desk attendant to come back because he hadn't given me my copy of the paperwork, go back and he's saying there's a $192 charge for the AC check that's supposed to be free!!! Told him to look at the sign they have posted with the hourly rate for labor ($145), so why do I owe you for something that was free based on website AND you had my vehicle in for 15 minutes while your Tech was eating Ramen Noodles. So NTB....you guys tell me what's wrong with this???

Verified purchase
      Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed June 18, 2024

STAY AWAY from NTB! We have spent over $4K in the past two months for tires and brakes in two different vehicles. Everything they did has had to be replaced. They gave us cheap tires that didn't last from April to July. They broke the calipers so the brakes were grinding within 60 days. Both sets of rear brakes and rotors in both vehicles have had to be replaced within 60 days. This includes damage to the calipers that occurred while they were fixing the brakes. They put damaged calipers back on the vehicle. In both vehicles the brake pads wore out within 60 days.

Additionally, only 3 clips were holding the underneath panels onto the vehicle. We used a lanyard in a roadside emergency and they inspected the vehicle but never fixed nor mentioned the lanyard. 16 clips were missing and one entire panel was missing. We have had to pay a second mechanic to fix the errors and let us know about all the mistakes. It is apparent that the cheapest parts possible are being used while charging customers top dollar. My emails to NTB customer support have been ignored.

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Company Information