Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
National Tire & Battery (NTB)
3.48/5

National Tire & Battery

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Reviews

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I had a nail in my tire when I was out of town. I called the Metairie LA store on Veterans Hwy and Clearview Pky. The manager, Mr. Rosario ** was very helpful. He located a N.T.B. store close to where I was and told them I was on my way. My tire was repaired in no time. Thanks for the great service!

Original review: June 22, 2019

I set an appointment about a week before and was going to buy online and they told me a better sell was starting the next week if I could wait. I went ahead and booked appointment and got email on sale of tires. I called the day before to make sure the tires on sale was there, and they didn't have any. The gentleman apologize and said, “Let me see.” Tires were not in Warehouse but said, “I do have this tire but it's better and not on sale.” He only had one tire so he found three other tires on other stores and had Carrier bring them overnight and apologize again and then said, “You can get them on the sale price because we didn't have the other that was on sale.” I've been buying tires from this location for about 15 years and a customer for life.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Chuck and the team at Penn Ave NTB have been taking care of my Hyundai Sonata for a couple years since they opened. He has always been timely and professional with service, and answers my questions with what he would do with his own vehicle. I have never felt ripped off for any service provided because he lays out exactly what is being charged and why, as well as letting me know about seasonal deals. Due to a scheduling error, MY appointment was not registered in the store's calendar, but Chuck quickly remedied this and took me in that same day, as well as heavily discounting the service. Truly the best mechanics and business you can find.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Unprofessional and disrespectful to customers. ** store manager (5580 Highway 6 North, Houston, Tx 77084) hates veterans and what they stand for. Bans from his shop. Because he is the manager and he can do what he wants. Very disrespectful to his elders. Ups the price on material need for the job. Does unnecessary work on your vehicle.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I am surprised at 3.5 stars...should be 1 or 0. Here’s why. I tried two nearby stores Waltham, MA and Cambridge MA.

1. Appointments with them has no meaning esp. done online. At times store refuse to honor appt. made online or will make you wait 2 hours for oil change or tire rotation citing that they have other appts. done at the store. I took picture of the screen in the store showing appts. and it did not show overbooking as claimed by the store manager

2. Incompetent. The mechanic after changing oil did not how to reset message on a C300 Benz!!! Also I had tires changed and within 6000 miles and 9 months they did It pass inspection. After Blake game and threat to sue, the site admitted that they put wrong tires. AND this is the tire company!

3. Liars. I asked them to replace authentic original brake pads for my Lexus. The store manager looks at me and said yes. When I challenged that the part is from AutoZone he then tries to cover up by saying “...yeah it’s original equipment...”

In general I would it use and trust them for anything. I am stuck for now as I have warranty for rotations and balance for the tires. Once the tires are done, I am done with NTB. BTW, complaining with corporate office does little other than giving some coupons which is not worth wasting your precious time with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NTB Tires?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

Went in for an oil change and inspection at the Lewisville Texas location. The check engine light was on due to the truck needing an oil change. We told the associate twice to make sure the oil change was performed first as we knew it would not pass inspection with the light on. They said it would take about 4 hours for an oil change. We came back about 3-4 hours later and oil change had not been done but the inspection was and of course it failed.

We told them this was worthless and wasn't what we asked. We were told we could bring it back within 15 days but it must be driven for at least 50 miles as they had some probe that checks history and it would not let them do the inspection again on the same day. We left after the oil change and sure enough, the light was no longer on. Took it to a Firestone, got it inspected and passed. Also had asked for new wiper blades and the technician had to come up and ask what we wanted as the associate had written down 2 different types of blades on the order. We're done. No more NTB.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

One of my employees from Ohio had a coolant leak in Tennessee. He ended up at a NTB store where they told him it was hoses. $524 for2 hoses that cost $60. They did the work but didn't run it and inspect it after. 15 miles away the van started to overheat. He added water and went back. Where they charged another $600+ for a $140 water pump. The employee didn't have a choice but to pay it to get home. I am going to dispute the charges with the credit card company until NTB decides to get real on their price.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I was 2 hours away from home at my granddaughter's softball tournament when my brake pedal went to the floor. I took my Tahoe to the NTB in Shelby NC because it was less than 3 miles away, along with being open on Saturday. After a quick inspection, I told the folks at NTB that I believe I need my caliper replaced. (This was after an extensive wait at the counter, because the gentleman working was either very inexperienced or very incompetent.)

So they put my truck up and quoted me $755.00... Telling me I needed the caliper, pads and the rotor. I work at AutoZone and am quite familiar with parts prices. So I told the guy that that was an obscene estimate, given that the parts would run me less than $200. An experienced mechanic with all the high tech equipment could do the job in an hour or so. I feel that $500/hour for labor is a little (ridiculously) excessive.

So my husband drove 2 hours and fixed it in the parking lot next door to NTB. After my employee discount, it cost us $136 in parts (and they were right, I needed the caliper, pads and rotor). He did it in about 2 1/2 hours on the ground (no hoist or power tools). NTB has absolute disregard for how hard the average American works to earn their money. To inflate prices to that degree is nothing short of highway robbery. My 1st and last visit to NTB.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I brought a Ford Edge 2011 to NTB for tires, and brakes. I paid the sum of $2222.44. My vehicle was not making noise. However, after nearly 4 hours, my vehicle was handed back to me. Few months later I start to hear a high pitch sound and took the vehicle into two Ford dealerships, they indicated the brakes were on right but looked like an inferior product. NTB claimed they placed the best disc brakes and rotors on the market. Then tried to sell me Springs. The noise is still there and I'm waiting over 3 hours for 4 tires to be rotated and balanced. NTB in Oak Lawn Illinois.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I recently went to the NTB store located at 6405 Baltimore National Pike, Catonsville, MD, to get a wheel alignment. I have a five year alignment plan. I really went in to make an appointment, but the service person said that he would take it right away. I had been waiting about 45 minutes when the service person came into the waiting room to tell me that I needed 4 new tires and a front shock and strut assembly for a price of just over $1,000. I declined the service. He said that he would have my car completed and I could go. I waited another 45 minutes before I went to see what the hold-up was. I saw that my car was out of the shop and parked in front of the store. The service person was working with another customer. I waited approximately 30 minutes until he finished with that customer.

I was standing at the counter by this time. Instead of him coming to me, he started doing something else. I said to him, "Sir, I need to get out of here". He turned to me and said nastily, "I'm the only person working here". I asked him what was I waiting for because I wasn't buying anything. It was just a matter of him handing me my keys which he could have done at least 45 minutes ago. It would have only taken a few seconds. Also, on two occasions I have gone in for a prepaid alignment and was told that I needed other work and both times the price was in excess of $1000. I find this very suspicious. I've purchased several sets of tires from NTB over the years, but I will not be using them again.

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Company Information