Find an Auto Service and Repair partner

Help me decide
National Tire & Battery (NTB)

National Tire & Battery

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Tire & Battery (NTB)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NTB Tires?

Original review: June 14, 2021

Caylin one of the staff/managers was helping us with the diagnosis. While explaining things to me we touched on a warranty issues and he suggested, to check out my warranty and find if the engine problems might be covered. I checked and found out that the intake and exhaust solenoids were covered by my warranty and the Chevy dealer also found that the timing and balancing chain were also bad and needed to be replaced also covered by warranty. I can't thank Caylin enough for suggesting that I check on the warranty. Also Amanda working the front desk, was so busy and working basically alone but she did it with grace, professionalism, finesse.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

** and ** along with the group of gentleman who work at 9255 Berger Rd of Columbia MD, I say Kudos and thank you for your honesty, professionalism and for being concerned about my safety. I bought a 2006 Chevy Colorado, with 53,000 miles, while the body and inside of my truck is in superb condition, however under my truck, my brakes were in shambles, along with other things. The gentleman told me, he could fix the brakes and rotors, but he would feel bad just bandage the problem, which was my bolts, shields, etc. My car was there 4 days, which was worth it, because I feel safe driving my vehicle, and I added value. Thank you for taking care of my first fabulous truck! Look them up in Columbia MD on Berger road.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I went to NTB on 11/9 because my tire sensor was on. They told me I needed tires so I bought 4 new tires. When I got ready to leave the sensor light was still on. I got out and asked the guy why the light was still on. He said it would go off on its own. Week later light still on so I took it back. The guy said whoever told me that was incorrect so he told me to take it around to the garage and the guy will set it.

The guy came out to check it. He came out with some kind of device. Within 5 minutes he tell me I need a rear tire sensor. I asked them why they didn't do that when I brought it in there instead of buying 4 tires. He said he wasn't there that day. Everybody blaming someone else. He told me to go back and talk to the guy inside so I did. I'm asking him why they didn't fix it when I brought it in. That's was the reason I came in for and I probably didn't need no tires them. He telling me how much it was going to cost. At this point I'm pissed. I told him, I had spend all that money on tires. Now you want me to spend more money?" At this point I told him I was leaving before I pull him from behind the counter. Nobody have money to be spending like that. NTB 405 Home Dr. Pittsburgh, PA 15275.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

While waiting outside the NTB before opening I met a very personable service technician named James B. After the doors opened, I waited 10-15 minutes at the service desk while the manager set up the office and got dressed. At 8:10AM James B came back into the shop. Seeing me still waiting at the desk, he politely asked what service I needed. Front end alignment. He took my keys and took care of me right away. I want to express to James B my appreciation for his wonderful friendly customer service. Five stars!!! Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I recently had car trouble and in fact my truck broke down in the parking lot of my local NTB. After checking my vehicle the mechanic determined the cause of the breakdown and said they could fix the issue. The problem was they couldn't get the part for a few days. Normally that wouldn't have been a problem, but on this occasion I had my family including my two large dogs with me and no way to get them home. When I explained my predicament to the stores Manager, Richard, I was amazed at his response. Without hesitation he offered his personal vehicle for me to take my family home. To me he went far beyond the expected service and in fact saved the day! Thank you, Richard I will be a lifelong NTB customer. Highly recommend NTB Chesterfield Meadows, Chesterfield VA.

Original review: June 13, 2021

So, I had a tire emergency in Anderson, SC. I took my vehicle in for a new tire installation. I dropped the vehicle off for the service. Shortly after, I received a call from the store. My wheels have security lugs on the rims and they needed the special socket to loosen the lug nuts. I told them it was either in the glove box or in the rear storage compartment. The store closes at 6 pm and I received a call that it was ready around 5:45. I went to pick the vehicle up, was rushed out because it was bordering on 6 pm. I paid for the service and proceeding to leave. I stopped for shopping and as I was closing my vehicle up, I noticed something. What I noticed was black grease all over the inside of my beige leather interior... driver's seat, passenger seat, glove box front, armrests, carpet and door handles...

I immediately called the store. The employee just told me to get it detailed and they would cover it, that he didn't have time to deal with it....a somewhat nice gesture but I have kept the interior of this car in near mint condition for the five years I have owned it. I have been assured by a professional detailer that while the grease will probably come off the leather, the stitching will be permanently stained. This is far from over with NTB. If you live in the Anderson area, please beware...

Original review: May 18, 2021

NTB in Port Royal is experiencing a workforce shortage, I was not going to sit for hours and wait, and was going elsewhere; It is only thanks to Tin **’s professionalism and management that work was done in a reasonable time frame. He did a great job balancing the shortage and adapting to customer’s needs. It takes brains and a lot of work ethic to succeed. I hope management appreciates him, I can't say that in 20 years of coming over to NTB I have had such professional treatment.

Original review: April 27, 2021

It was my first time there to get a oil change. I had a great experience. The store was clean, great customer service, professional, very detailed and they take pride in their work. The staff is friendly as well.

Original review: April 25, 2021

This is what I just put on Facebook about our work truck ok. Had NTB change 4 tires aligner the work van on Thursday. Shook real bad. They rec'd it at 11 this morning. I called at 3:40. They close at 4. They were just taking it back in the shop. Not a sound. Bad review to say the least! They are a real bad store. Will update after I get the truck back! Bet is is not today. I do need it tomorrow.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Howard and his coworkers were fast and very professional, great customer service, this was the Pflugerville one, will be going back for sure, very satisfied!??. I will recommend this location to my friends, very clean too! Love everything overall!

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Company Information