National Tire & Battery (NTB)

National Tire & Battery

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NTB Tires?
Original review: May 23, 2023

Obtained an inspection of my AC for my truck. Was provided input on the repair and costs. I agreed to the repair and took the vehicle home. Noticed the next day that the AC was not working and that the outside breeze was cooler than my AC. Brought the vehicle back only to be told that they basically missed $600 in cost and they wouldn't charge me for the recharge of the coolant.

I can't fathom how something this incomplete and this expensive could have passed inspection. Then zero real concern that they made that big of a mistake. NTB should have eaten the cost of installation of parts because they failed to perform on the first engagement. I can't trust people like that and won't ever be back, I see zero advantage to using them.

Original review: May 14, 2023

NTB store location on 22180 Farris Green Rd in Porter, TX 77365. Run from NTB and their leadership. District Manager ** would not return my call after 3 requests on 4-13, 4-17, and 4-19. I spoke with Manager ** on two of the occasions. My wife experienced a flat tire on 4-11 and drove to NTB. Associate ** told her the tire was ruined and could not be fixed because the object was on the sidewall. ** tried to sell her a new tire. When rejected, ** put the spare on.

I took the tire to Discount Tire because it was under warranty. I witnessed the object in the tire. It was not on the sidewall! It was clearly 3-4 inches from the edge of the tire and was easily repaired. There was no other damage to the tire. Associate Read should be terminated. The unethical practice and low image of NTB and the lack of professional service in not returning my calls will be stated on social media for others to learn. The agent knew my wife was in a predicament and tried to take advantage of her. Dishonest company and employee.

Finally spoke with the Distr. Mgr on 5-9-23. He did not take my concern seriously and never apologized for his staff’s unethical practice. He actually stated that he “did not care” when I offered to send a picture proving the tire was not damaged anywhere close to the sidewall. I have communicated all this to the NTB Corporate Complaint Department. The District Manager, who is over at least 13 store locations, should be sent to "white glove" training or be terminated for refusing to care.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2023

I submitted to Corporate & received this response back: They received the email and they opted to take internal actions. Rebeca ** Customer Service Specialist. – - Not even sure what “Corporate opted to take internal actions” means?? • I have been a customer of NTB for 25+ years. We went to PW Co location for 15+ years. We received excellent service for all of our family vehicle needs. We moved & have gone to another wonderful NTB location for the past 10 years. Always receiving very personable caring customer service.

I recently called for price for an oil change, cabin filter & air filter change. I was told the rates had gone up & the cost is $315, including a coupon. I thought this was high & I called around to get cost estimates from other local car shops. I called 6 different shops to realize that the cost for the same services was $180-$215. $100 less than NTB. I was very shocked & disappointed to learn this. I understand that NTB has their set rates. It is very discouraging as a long-time customer to now have to find a new shop due to your cost being considerably more than others. I would hate to see your company lose the business of other loyal customers who realize how much more expensive you are. I am a happy valued customer, & I prefer I did not have to leave your company due to the cost of 'basic maintenance'. ~ (The ‘above’ from customer service was their feedback. Whatever that meant?)

Original review: Feb. 11, 2023

Customer Service SUCKS!! JUST HORRIBLE!!! On Tuesday, Feb 7, 2023 I walked into NTB on 45N & 1960 Road in Houston, TX around 5:00pm. Two ladies were sitting at computers when I walked in and neither one of them ever looked up nor did they acknowledge me. I mean they NEVER EVEN LOOKED AT ME!! One of them even picked up her cell phone and read a text. I stood in line for a few seconds realizing no one was going to acknowledge me NOR help me. I turned right around and walked out the door!!! HORRIBLE!! I WILL NEVER GO IN ANOTHER NTB again. I have told at least 10 people about that experience and will continue to tell others NOT TO EVER GO THERE!!! Think they did that because I am a ** woman! That is why I believe they refused to help me!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

NTB must thinks its customers are stupid. First they tell me that my tire can’t be repaired because of dry rot. Then they process to say all four tires have dry rot. The tires only have 20,000 miles in them and they aren’t that old. Anyway, they give me a quote to replace all four for over $1,000… seriously! After I tell them that I’m only replacing the one, magically the only tire they have in stock is the most expensive one for $141. But nooo, that’s not the real cost. There’s another $45 for what I think is a bunch of **. They didn’t try and offer any explanation, when I asked questions they could hardly explain anything, and to top it off they just weren’t that friendly. NEVER EVER COMING BACK!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I brought my car in 1/14 for a routine oil change at 9:30AM. 5 hours later I am still here because ** “accidentally” drained my transmission fluid in my Hyundai instead of the oil. Apparently not only did they mess my car up, they don’t have the proper machines to fix it. They went next door to another shop to ask them if they could help put the transmission fluid back in the car. The other shop told them I would have to wait until 5PM until they are able to help me. I will be pursuing legal action especially since my transmission was drained without my permission as well as the fact NTB is no longer able to service the vehicle. This is at 14814 Baltimore Avenue Laurel Maryland 20707.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

I reserved time and dropped my car at 9:00 AM. I got my car at 7:30 PM. For scheduled maintenance. No explanation no follow-up calls why it takes that long. When I called in myself- only answer, "We will have your car ready end of the day by 6 PM." At 6:00 PM, I went to pick up my car - it was not ready. They gave me keys at 7 PM. I asked if they change the Oil, front desk person said no. To my question, "Didn't you check your computer records what my car is due for." He said, "It does not work that way." I demanded to change oil- they rush changed oil in record 20 minutes? It takes longer than that just completely flush old one. Thus I suspect, they did poor job. To my concern that it took too short and I am not sure if they did good job, this person told me "next time you come, I'll decline you". I said, "You won't have to - you just lost a customer." I had high opinion about NTB, but one person ruined it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

I recently used this company's website to locate and schedule the installation of two tires. There were 2 options for continuing to schedule service - one was pay in store, and the other one was contactless payment, which is the option I chose, since I wasn't going to be with my husband when he went for installation. I had to input my credit card information, though the website does state that the card won't be charged until service is complete.

Today, my husband went to get the tires installed and the local NTB told him they didn't have my credit card information on file and that I would have to call them and give them that information over the phone once the tires were installed. I see zero reason for having to put that information into this company's website if it's not going to be processed when the service is complete. Now I'm going to have to turn around and give out this information over the phone, to someone working in the local store. Save yourself the time and just deal directly with the local store and skip the website!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I went to the Nolensville Rd NTB and was in and out in no time, the staff was professional and friendly.. I'd recommend them to all my family and friends.. You won't be disappointed with the prices...

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

I took my vehicle to the National Tire and Battery shop located in Houston, Texas for a simple oil change. A couple of days later all the oil in my vehicle leaked out resulting a total destruction of my engine. I spoke with the NTB manager and she contacted a claims adjuster with a insurance company named Sedgwick. Since then I have heard very little from NTB or Sedgwick, and when I finally heard anything from them it was via an email in which Sedgwick's claims department stated that they do not share inspection reports with anyone (including the actual customer) and as a result I am left without transportation through no fault of my own. I warn anyone if they are thinking about bringing their vehicle to NTB for a simple oil change.

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Company Information