National Tire & Battery

National Tire & Battery (NTB)
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.80/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Reviews

Original review: May 27, 2020

I have had some terrible circumstances with NTB. Things like telling me a problem with my vehicles, me paying for the service and then finding out it is totally a different fix. I have thrown hundreds of dollars away due to misdiagnosing my vehicles (all four). I have also been a customer for 12-15 years back when it was Tire Kingdom.

I am sending this message due to a new impression. The NTB in Indian Land, SC has given me hope again. David the Manager there is level above excellent. He's a great communicator, listens to concerns and will stay on top of any situations that are concerning. David's staff is also a level above all the NTB's in the area. This TEAM Should be cloned and sprinkled over every NTB/TK store in the country. Thank you David and Team.

Original review: March 27, 2020

The purpose of my visit was for an oil change. I would not make it to my dealer, so I use this nearest repair shop. The establishment was nearly empty for a Saturday morning due to the shop mostly servicing fleet vehicles for companies. There little, but friendly pleasantries. The service was long, but quick (if you can understand that). Mostly male environment, so TV featured race car competitions and political news. I changed the channel to Hallmark!!

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We called the store at 7p to see if they could squeeze us in to get a headlight replaced. (My wife works in downtown Cleveland and it is dark both when she departs and when she gets back home). They were able to although they didn't really have any open appointments left. We really appreciated that! Joseph ** was very courteous and helpful and in fact had the repair completed earlier then he had thought. Thank you NTB! We appreciate it. : )

Original review: June 22, 2019

I set an appointment about a week before and was going to buy online and they told me a better sell was starting the next week if I could wait. I went ahead and booked appointment and got email on sale of tires. I called the day before to make sure the tires on sale was there, and they didn't have any. The gentleman apologize and said, “Let me see.” Tires were not in Warehouse but said, “I do have this tire but it's better and not on sale.” He only had one tire so he found three other tires on other stores and had Carrier bring them overnight and apologize again and then said, “You can get them on the sale price because we didn't have the other that was on sale.” I've been buying tires from this location for about 15 years and a customer for life.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Chuck and the team at Penn Ave NTB have been taking care of my Hyundai Sonata for a couple years since they opened. He has always been timely and professional with service, and answers my questions with what he would do with his own vehicle. I have never felt ripped off for any service provided because he lays out exactly what is being charged and why, as well as letting me know about seasonal deals. Due to a scheduling error, MY appointment was not registered in the store's calendar, but Chuck quickly remedied this and took me in that same day, as well as heavily discounting the service. Truly the best mechanics and business you can find.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NTB Tires?

Original review: April 6, 2020

Great customer service experience. Went in to change my brakes and rotors and repair time was ok. Would have given a 5 star but I called for a quote and never got a call back from the manager. Facilities are nice. Waiting room is small though. Overall nice people and good service!

Original review: March 29, 2020

I took my car to NTB in Greensboro N.C. to get tires and they recommended a fuel system tune-up for better gas mileage. When finished, my car was jumping and misfiring. They said the computer showed it was a human error and they would fix it the next day. My car would not drive more than 30 mph on the way home. The next day after having it all day, They changed the spark plugs for free (which they were fine when I bought it in) and within 3 minutes of starting the car (after they were suppose to have fixed it) it started smoking and burned the wires and the PCM (computer) went out. They were not at fault and the PCM would have went out eventually.

I took a well running car in and had to have it towed to the dealer. The cost to fix it is $2300 and I have had to have a rental for 3 weeks so far. Corporate is not taking any responsibility for their company's wrongdoing either. I have purchased tires from NTB for many years, but will no longer do business with them if they will not stand up to their work.

Original review: March 18, 2020

Been using NTB (Shrewsbury location) for many years. It's extremely disappointing how much their service and caring has declined. Went to them at least three times to address brake issues (after I had them completely replace it) and they were unable to do so. On top of that, the last time I waited there for three hours only to find out they forgot to take my car into their bays. Talked to their manager, said to bring it one more time - assured me it would be fixed AND I'd be reimbursed for the Uber ride. That was in Sep 2019. To date, they didn't fix it (I fixed it elsewhere) and no reimbursement of UBER ride, or the maintenance plans I have with them...as I will NOT be going to them anywhere. I understand sometimes things take a while to fix...but to forget to take my car in while I'm waiting there and then not to reimburse me is disappointing. I've told everyone I've referred to them to discontinue.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I have been going to NTB for my regular oil changes. Last time they upsold me on the synthetic because they were out of conventional oil, but failed to fill wiper fluid and rotated my tires without asking - I didn't want them rotated because I have new tires upfront, it's a front wheel drive and it's rainy season. I didn't make them un-rotate them and waited until 3,000 passed.

Today when I went in for the oil change I told them to be sure to fill the wiper fluid and definitely rotate the tires. I was told they were out of wiper fluid and their policy prohibited them from rotating my tires because the rear tires had more tread on them than the front ones - they are required to place the best tires on the rear. I asked for the logic behind such a policy as you have better steering, better control. Less likely to hydroplane with the best tires upfront. The response was they don't want your rear end to slide, even though it's a front wheel drive, you still can steer the bad front tires but not the rear, so they want the best tires on the rear.

In my opinion there is only ONE reason for such an asinine policy - to force you to buy 2 new tires before you need them!! I would love to have purchased 4 tires, but it wasn't in the budget and I needed one new one and chose to also replace the next most worn tire at the same time. As for the wiper fluid, I was told to try another store because the manager was newish and had not ordered any since I was last there... And they didn't think it would be ordered anytime soon as they were also out of things like tire weights!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I went into NTB to purchase tires back in October 2019. They upsold me on tires and telling me they are offering a 70.00 rebate on the tires. It is now the end of January, 2020 and I still haven’t received my rebate. I purchased my tires on a Sunday in mid October and submitted my rebate online that Monday. The rebate company TBC has told me they have sent my rebate 4 times and they have verified my address. So they are now submitting the 4th card to me and I seriously doubt I will ever receive it. Biggest scam ever. I would never purchase anything from them again.

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Company Information