National Tire & Battery

National Tire & Battery (NTB)
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Tire & Battery (NTB)?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about NTB Tires?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

** and ** along with the group of gentleman who work at 9255 Berger Rd of Columbia MD, I say Kudos and thank you for your honesty, professionalism and for being concerned about my safety. I bought a 2006 Chevy Colorado, with 53,000 miles, while the body and inside of my truck is in superb condition, however under my truck, my brakes were in shambles, along with other things. The gentleman told me, he could fix the brakes and rotors, but he would feel bad just bandage the problem, which was my bolts, shields, etc. My car was there 4 days, which was worth it, because I feel safe driving my vehicle, and I added value. Thank you for taking care of my first fabulous truck! Look them up in Columbia MD on Berger road.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I went to NTB on 11/9 because my tire sensor was on. They told me I needed tires so I bought 4 new tires. When I got ready to leave the sensor light was still on. I got out and asked the guy why the light was still on. He said it would go off on its own. Week later light still on so I took it back. The guy said whoever told me that was incorrect so he told me to take it around to the garage and the guy will set it.

The guy came out to check it. He came out with some kind of device. Within 5 minutes he tell me I need a rear tire sensor. I asked them why they didn't do that when I brought it in there instead of buying 4 tires. He said he wasn't there that day. Everybody blaming someone else. He told me to go back and talk to the guy inside so I did. I'm asking him why they didn't fix it when I brought it in. That's was the reason I came in for and I probably didn't need no tires them. He telling me how much it was going to cost. At this point I'm pissed. I told him, I had spend all that money on tires. Now you want me to spend more money?" At this point I told him I was leaving before I pull him from behind the counter. Nobody have money to be spending like that. NTB 405 Home Dr. Pittsburgh, PA 15275.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

While waiting outside the NTB before opening I met a very personable service technician named James B. After the doors opened, I waited 10-15 minutes at the service desk while the manager set up the office and got dressed. At 8:10AM James B came back into the shop. Seeing me still waiting at the desk, he politely asked what service I needed. Front end alignment. He took my keys and took care of me right away. I want to express to James B my appreciation for his wonderful friendly customer service. Five stars!!! Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I recently had car trouble and in fact my truck broke down in the parking lot of my local NTB. After checking my vehicle the mechanic determined the cause of the breakdown and said they could fix the issue. The problem was they couldn't get the part for a few days. Normally that wouldn't have been a problem, but on this occasion I had my family including my two large dogs with me and no way to get them home. When I explained my predicament to the stores Manager, Richard, I was amazed at his response. Without hesitation he offered his personal vehicle for me to take my family home. To me he went far beyond the expected service and in fact saved the day! Thank you, Richard I will be a lifelong NTB customer. Highly recommend NTB Chesterfield Meadows, Chesterfield VA.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I have had some terrible circumstances with NTB. Things like telling me a problem with my vehicles, me paying for the service and then finding out it is totally a different fix. I have thrown hundreds of dollars away due to misdiagnosing my vehicles (all four). I have also been a customer for 12-15 years back when it was Tire Kingdom.

I am sending this message due to a new impression. The NTB in Indian Land, SC has given me hope again. David the Manager there is level above excellent. He's a great communicator, listens to concerns and will stay on top of any situations that are concerning. David's staff is also a level above all the NTB's in the area. This TEAM Should be cloned and sprinkled over every NTB/TK store in the country. Thank you David and Team.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Howard and his coworkers were fast and very professional, great customer service, this was the Pflugerville one, will be going back for sure, very satisfied!??. I will recommend this location to my friends, very clean too! Love everything overall!

Original review: March 30, 2021

Took my car in for a simple flat tire. Taken into Harbison site in Irmo South Carolina. Quoted tire price of $65. When went to pay, the price was around 140. They called me from the shop to tell me that I needed a full set of tires, as the current ones were dry rotted and down to metal thread showing. I knew this was not true, as I had had the car inspected about 1000 miles ago, and tires passed inspection, and I had check them before I took them in. Move-in try to upsell me on On numerous services costing an additional thousand dollars. Beware!

Original review: March 3, 2021

My son took my car there on 2/2/21. Got service. One of the workers dropped my vehicle down and caused damage. I am very upset. It is now 3/2/21 a month later and they still have not paid for the damages on my car. An adjuster contacted me on 2/11/21 to come to my home to look at my vehicle. Kevin ** came out on 2/12/21 and inspected my vehicle. I received a call last week from the claims stating they will send someone out to inspection my vehicle. I advised this man it has been done already and it’s poor communication.

I received a call on 3/2/21 from a third party company stating they need to set up an inspection. I contacted the claims to see what is going on. No return call. I am very upset and. Will be contacting my attorney to get this settled. A person at NTB tires damaged my car and I want to be reimbursed for the damages their employee did. I am seeking damages for stress and inconvenience. My car is damaged and I should not have to suffer due to a inexperienced worker. I will never recommended anyone to do service with this company.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

This NTB was in sc. Where there is no longer inspections on cars. I was told from ntb that state law will not allow a plug on a tire that has so much percentage wear. Such a lie just to make a sale. Avoid ntb. They are dishonest. And people should not bring their business to dishonest businesses.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

1) I just received a CARFAX survey. The survey lists the work I had done on my vehicle. I purchased rear brakes and 2 new rotors. However, the invoice indicated they had the rotors turned. I asked about this when I paid the invoice. I was told, "That is how we write up 2 new rotors. It's done so the tech can get paid." I plan to sell my car in the next year. CARFAX has inaccurate information due to your store policy.

2) I brought my vehicle in for a brake check. I was called at home and advised I needed front and rear brakes and rear shocks. The rear shocks needed to be replaced due to a leak. I drove back to the store to see for myself. The tech advised me Toyota recommends replacing the shocks at 85k miles and my car has 87k miles. No leak.

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Company Information