National Tire & Battery

National Tire & Battery (NTB)
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.05/5

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Tire & Battery (NTB)?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about NTB Tires?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

While waiting outside the NTB before opening I met a very personable service technician named James B. After the doors opened, I waited 10-15 minutes at the service desk while the manager set up the office and got dressed. At 8:10AM James B came back into the shop. Seeing me still waiting at the desk, he politely asked what service I needed. Front end alignment. He took my keys and took care of me right away. I want to express to James B my appreciation for his wonderful friendly customer service. Five stars!!! Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I recently had car trouble and in fact my truck broke down in the parking lot of my local NTB. After checking my vehicle the mechanic determined the cause of the breakdown and said they could fix the issue. The problem was they couldn't get the part for a few days. Normally that wouldn't have been a problem, but on this occasion I had my family including my two large dogs with me and no way to get them home. When I explained my predicament to the stores Manager, Richard, I was amazed at his response. Without hesitation he offered his personal vehicle for me to take my family home. To me he went far beyond the expected service and in fact saved the day! Thank you, Richard I will be a lifelong NTB customer. Highly recommend NTB Chesterfield Meadows, Chesterfield VA.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

In June 8, 2020 my tire was slashed and someone strategically placed sharp tools by the rim of my tire where I parked. I was at Sam's Club in Montgomery when I discovered it. It was 6:05 pm and NTB was closed (but the entrance was still open). Their assistant manager, Corrine, came out and replaced the tire with my spare tire. (He put in air at first but the tire got flat in a few minutes - large hole.) Thank you Corrine!

Original review: May 27, 2020

I have had some terrible circumstances with NTB. Things like telling me a problem with my vehicles, me paying for the service and then finding out it is totally a different fix. I have thrown hundreds of dollars away due to misdiagnosing my vehicles (all four). I have also been a customer for 12-15 years back when it was Tire Kingdom.

I am sending this message due to a new impression. The NTB in Indian Land, SC has given me hope again. David the Manager there is level above excellent. He's a great communicator, listens to concerns and will stay on top of any situations that are concerning. David's staff is also a level above all the NTB's in the area. This TEAM Should be cloned and sprinkled over every NTB/TK store in the country. Thank you David and Team.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We called the store at 7p to see if they could squeeze us in to get a headlight replaced. (My wife works in downtown Cleveland and it is dark both when she departs and when she gets back home). They were able to although they didn't really have any open appointments left. We really appreciated that! Joseph ** was very courteous and helpful and in fact had the repair completed earlier then he had thought. Thank you NTB! We appreciate it. : )

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

Went to NTB for repairs because my normal mechanic was out sick. The repair is around $500 in this area. The 1st NTB estimate was for $ 487. They called me at home and said oops it's really $ 1,087. I balked, they said OK & backed down to $ 557. They called back again and said oops, it's $750. I balked again, they asked "What would I (the customer), pay?" They finalized at $520 and I agreed. All figures are approx. NTB tried to trick me into paying more than 2x the original cost. If I wasn't street savvy I would have fallen for the con. NTB staff were very rude to me when I showed up. Not all people are rubes. Go to a dealer, or local shop but not NTB. The former have to be honest, the latter want to do a good honest job for repeat business. I tried to cancel and go to the dealer but it was too late - the car was on the rack.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

NTB tire claims they offer a military discount. That's not true. You cant use a military discount if there any other discounts even though they may be a manufacturer discount. Sounds like they should say offer a military discount sometimes.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Had tires rotated and tech left EIGHT lug nuts loose. Thankful to have made it home alive. Car wasn't driving/riding smoothly so went back to get it rechecked. Bad tire, so bought four new ones. The original guy, Dan, who we dealt with, was pleasant to work with and got us fixed up. Then a guy name Buddy overcharged me. I had to go back up and get it fixed and was treated quite differently by him while getting a credit for the overcharge. No apology for HIS mistake, and a surly attitude. We will not return to NTB because of this.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

NTB, deceiving tire company, their policy is to take as much money they can, I purchased 4 tires with road hazard, 2 years later I had a road hazard on one tire. They want $112 to replace it FOR A TIRE WORTH $150, also they prorate after 12 months, Discount Tire charges ONLY THE ROAD HAZARD POLICY ($30) for the same situation and POLICY is good for 3 years. NO PRORATION. I will never do any business with NTB again, BE AWARE. READ THE POLICY.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Where do I start? I went to National Tire and Battery on South Kingshighway for simple oil change at my appointment time at 12 p.m. on Sunday August 9th 2020. Never completed. After 4 hours tires were not rotated as offered. I would not even have gave this place a star but it was required. Absolutely pathetic. Will never do business at this location again.

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Company Information