National Tire & Battery (NTB)

National Tire & Battery

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NTB Tires?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

NTB must thinks its customers are stupid. First they tell me that my tire can’t be repaired because of dry rot. Then they process to say all four tires have dry rot. The tires only have 20,000 miles in them and they aren’t that old. Anyway, they give me a quote to replace all four for over $1,000… seriously! After I tell them that I’m only replacing the one, magically the only tire they have in stock is the most expensive one for $141. But nooo, that’s not the real cost. There’s another $45 for what I think is a bunch of **. They didn’t try and offer any explanation, when I asked questions they could hardly explain anything, and to top it off they just weren’t that friendly. NEVER EVER COMING BACK!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I brought my car in 1/14 for a routine oil change at 9:30AM. 5 hours later I am still here because ** “accidentally” drained my transmission fluid in my Hyundai instead of the oil. Apparently not only did they mess my car up, they don’t have the proper machines to fix it. They went next door to another shop to ask them if they could help put the transmission fluid back in the car. The other shop told them I would have to wait until 5PM until they are able to help me. I will be pursuing legal action especially since my transmission was drained without my permission as well as the fact NTB is no longer able to service the vehicle. This is at 14814 Baltimore Avenue Laurel Maryland 20707.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

I reserved time and dropped my car at 9:00 AM. I got my car at 7:30 PM. For scheduled maintenance. No explanation no follow-up calls why it takes that long. When I called in myself- only answer, "We will have your car ready end of the day by 6 PM." At 6:00 PM, I went to pick up my car - it was not ready. They gave me keys at 7 PM. I asked if they change the Oil, front desk person said no. To my question, "Didn't you check your computer records what my car is due for." He said, "It does not work that way." I demanded to change oil- they rush changed oil in record 20 minutes? It takes longer than that just completely flush old one. Thus I suspect, they did poor job. To my concern that it took too short and I am not sure if they did good job, this person told me "next time you come, I'll decline you". I said, "You won't have to - you just lost a customer." I had high opinion about NTB, but one person ruined it.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

I recently used this company's website to locate and schedule the installation of two tires. There were 2 options for continuing to schedule service - one was pay in store, and the other one was contactless payment, which is the option I chose, since I wasn't going to be with my husband when he went for installation. I had to input my credit card information, though the website does state that the card won't be charged until service is complete.

Today, my husband went to get the tires installed and the local NTB told him they didn't have my credit card information on file and that I would have to call them and give them that information over the phone once the tires were installed. I see zero reason for having to put that information into this company's website if it's not going to be processed when the service is complete. Now I'm going to have to turn around and give out this information over the phone, to someone working in the local store. Save yourself the time and just deal directly with the local store and skip the website!!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I went to the Nolensville Rd NTB and was in and out in no time, the staff was professional and friendly.. I'd recommend them to all my family and friends.. You won't be disappointed with the prices...

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

I took my vehicle to the National Tire and Battery shop located in Houston, Texas for a simple oil change. A couple of days later all the oil in my vehicle leaked out resulting a total destruction of my engine. I spoke with the NTB manager and she contacted a claims adjuster with a insurance company named Sedgwick. Since then I have heard very little from NTB or Sedgwick, and when I finally heard anything from them it was via an email in which Sedgwick's claims department stated that they do not share inspection reports with anyone (including the actual customer) and as a result I am left without transportation through no fault of my own. I warn anyone if they are thinking about bringing their vehicle to NTB for a simple oil change.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Booked a 1:00pm appointment to have 4 tires put on vehicle. 2:30 and vehicle hasn’t even been touched and there is no one else waiting for service. Don’t waste your time at this location, they are obviously in no hurry to do any work but willing to overcharge you.

Original review: July 8, 2022

If I could give this store in Marion Ohio a -5 I would. As someone who works in the people field I would recommend highly HIGHLY staying away from this store. I ordered from Tire Rack and had 4 brand new EXPENSIVE tires sent to this store as I am from out of town and didn’t know which “service provider” in Marion from another. I NOW know Katz Tires is the place to go!!

In short I met my daughter at my Mother/Brother-in-Law's place (who live in Marion) to get my tires put on. As well because I was meeting my daughter there WHO also has her own car. I thought it would be a great time to get hers in and have the tires rotated AND to fix a leak in one of the tires. Mmmm? NEVER AGAIN! I actually went in to the store in person the day BEFORE the appointment and asked them if they could simply rotate my daughter's tires and check for the leak. Their famous last words… "Sure! Bring it in and leave it and we will be happy take care of that for you." So suffice to say more than two days later and numerous calls and check backs….I finally was able to pick it up on the FOLLOWING morning. They assured me it would get done.

So I go the next day….(giving them until 11:00 am July 08, 2022.) So I get there and they assure me…”all fixed and ready to go”——It was not. Come to find out they simply rotated the tires and put them back on. After leaving we notice all the ABS lights and tire pressure light on….Good grief!! Turned it around and asked them to FIX what they told me they had fixed that morning. They checked the tire in question and sure enough it was 10 pounds low AFTER they gave it back to me and told me everything was “good to go.”

When I asked them if they did what I had asked them two of them started arguing with each other and questioning IF it got done. Final conclusion—- it did not. So here’s the rub….I would have never written this review but even after all that….they refused to pull me in and fix what they said they had already fixed. After waiting outside in the rain for nearly 30 minutes I went in and asked WHEN they were going to get it in. The young man at the counter (didn’t catch his name but had a partial beard) proceeded to tell me I didn’t have an appointment and that was the reason I had to wait!?!? What!?

I did get agitated with him and raised my voice. However I never swore or was nasty to him but he quickly yelled back at me….”Look give me 5 minutes and I’ll get to it”….I asked him if he understood my frustration which he continued to say I didn’t have an appointment. Good Grief! He actually told me to time him….5 minutes he said. After 30 minutes I just left and took it to Katz. Thank GOD for Katz….Within 10 minutes that had me in found that it had a bad sensor and replaced it. It is obvious the people you have working at this store just do NOT care about quality and/or the customer in any way.

Original review: April 11, 2022

#NTBsucks. 9:30 appointment for brakes and oil change. Car didn’t even get looked at till almost 1:00. 4:00 and car is still not done yet because they overbooked appointments. Even the person working the front of the store admitted their online system caused them to overbook. And all corporate 800# would do it offer me $150 coupon, and tell me, “I’ve had to wait for my barber appointment because he gets backed up, it happens.” Except your barber doesn’t have your transportation, you can leave.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I tried to do my homework before getting new tires installed on my truck.. Per the NTB website they had tires that were $200.00 per tire.. This was an acceptable amount so I requested two be ordered and set an appointment for a week later. The Thursday before my appointment I was called and advised that they didn't have the tires in and none were available in my area.. I asked what was available? After some research an off website brand was offered.. I thought at the same price.. The only tires that could be found now were $375.00 each.. This was a serious gouge to my wallet. They offer "price matching" but that was no where near the same amount as the increase in tire cost.. Then there was the tire pressure sensors that were installed but not set?? Low Tire Pressure warning is still going off.

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Company Information