Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
National Tire & Battery (NTB)
1.08/5

National Tire & Battery

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

599 National Tire & Battery (NTB) Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Spent $280.27 on two new tires for my 1926 Nash. I took the tires and wheels to the location since I do not trust many places with my one-off hot rod. Got them and mounted on my car when I noticed one of my chrome valve caps missing. I called and told them that one cap was missing and they to come back and pick one up. I went to my garage the next day to take the car out and found both new tires flat. Appears, according to the manager that the valve stems were not changed. I was told to bring the tires back, another hour of my time wasted because someone could not do their job properly.

When I took off the left rear wheel, the new weight that been put on, fell off. When I got the tires and wheels back to the job, I had to wait over an hour and a half to the job done right. On top of all that, when looking at my bill, the driver's license is not mine. Sterling service guys. Next time I will wait at your competitor how ever long it takes to get the job done right. Sorry, sad service.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I needed winter tires and I decided to go with NTB. I gave them a call and was told I could come on Saturday morning, I would not need appointment. I just would leave my car with them. They told me that they had Michelin tires. I came at 9 am to NTB in Monroeville PA. I left my car there, I was told everything was OK, they had tires and they would call me when done. All work was supposed to be finished around 6 pm. I called NTB at 5 pm to see how it was going. They did not have car even inside but they told me that they were taking the car in.

After 6 pm I got the call from NTB employee Jessie that they had only two Michelin tires, remaining two were defective. He suggested Sumitomo tires, which I did not know. So I said that I wanted Michelin and if they did not have them I would go for service somewhere else. He said he would order for me two remaining Michelin winter tires. I approved and then waited three days. Then I called to check if the tires came. The men who worked there did not have any phone etiquette. Anyway after one week and no tires I canceled order. I seriously doubt they even ordered them. I ordered new tires at Sears-Auto and the tires were in the shop in two days and put on my car the same week.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

2013 F250 front wheel bearing assembly needed to be changed. NTB quoted 1600. Note, I saw the computer and the cost they were paying for the part (426.00) and then they were charging me 950.00 for it. 100% mark-up. I took my vehicle to the Ford dealership who is replacing with OEM for a total out the door price of 760.00. Who says the dealerships are the ripoffs?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I took my car for an oil change/tire rotation as a result of a coupon given at the grocery store. Showed up for my 2 o’clock appt and 2 hours later - still not finished. Thinking that maybe it was a busier than usual day I decided to give them another chance this past week at a different location for the same services. Again scheduled an appt- again 2 hours waiting. Only this time when I arrived to pick up the vehicle I overheard a conversation between the mechanic and the desk clerk that he didn’t know he was supposed to do a rotation on my vehicle and he really didn’t have time.

The clerk told him that if the “meat” looked ok then not to worry about it. When the clerk realized that it was my vehicle he wanted to take me out to “show” me that the tires were fine and didn’t need rotation. His words “this guy is a master mechanic he would know if they need a rotation”. Nevermind that it’s been 10-12,000 miles since my last rotation. The reason they are wearing even is BECAUSE I don’t allow them to wear before rotating. I don’t know what their policy is regarding appointments vs. walk-ins but it clearly needs to be revamped. There’s a reason customers make appointments! In the end, I paid twice the price of the coupon and didn’t get the rotation - which was included in the coupon. Will not go back.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I’ve been taken my cars to the NTB in Scott Township, PA for a long time. I took my husband's car Thursday and when I got it back I noticed that evening my husband's stuff was stolen from his glove box. I called and spoke with the manager and he said he would get in touch with the employee who worked on our car and call us back. When he called back he said he got our stuff and the man was fired. When we got our stuff back from NTB it wasn’t given back the way it was taken. Our things were damaged. I WILL NEVER GO BACK. I will make sure everyone I know doesn’t go there either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NTB Tires?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

My 89 year old mother who suffers from macular degeneration and has a difficult time reading, brought her car to an NTB to have a flat tire replaced. The car only had 20,000 miles on it and had been driven very carefully with minimal tire wear. Even though she was purchasing the exact same tire that was already on the vehicle, she was convinced to buy two tires rather than one, then in addition to the normal mounting and balancing charges, she was up charged for lifetime balance and rotation, and flat repairs and road hazard warranty for the life of the tire none of which she requested or authorized.

Finally, she was charged for replacement of two TPMS repair kits which do not even exist on this model Honda vehicle (2016 HRV). They then continued to upcharge by replacing the cabin air filters which she also did not request. In the end she paid $545 for what realistically should have been less than $200 for replacement of one tire. I called the store to protest and was told that the manager had personally "taken care" of my mother.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I changed my old battery in December 2016. The car started to give trouble while starting, so took it to NTB shop who installed the battery two years back. They replaced faulty battery with a new one because it was under warranty and it was less than 24 months. Fine with that. Next, they billed me for installation charges to replace battery under warranty. Next, the new battery does not come with a warranty of its own, although it is a new battery. They told me the warranty of old battery will remain valid, which means although they fitted a new battery yesterday, the warranty will be only till beginning of December 2018, which is just one more month! Weird way, but may be I am new to this type of coverage and the installation fees. I will next time go to a shop who will have better warranty terms.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

How I go and paid almost 500 to fix my tire only to have it come off while driving. Smh. I could've died. Now it's being held at Seiberts and will cost 700+ to get out. I'm definitely suing them because they should've owned up to the bad labor work and paid 150 to get it out when I called. Now I have to wait till payday to do it and it's been almost 2 weeks. This company literally ruined my life. I have rent coming and I haven't been able to get to work since. I will see them in court if they don't fix what they've destroyed. I never had a tire come off before. Then I take it to the so-called pros and they didn't put it back together properly. When I called the guy he had an attitude and said he's not paying anything. All of this is their fault and had I not gone there, I would still be driving and enjoying my life. Instead my life has been hell since. Smh. Worst place ever.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Made an appointment to take my car for an oil change. I got there 5 minutes early. Handed my car key and was told it will take 1.5 hours for the oils change. I told them that I will wait. Appointment was make for a conventional oil change. 40 minutes after waiting, I was approached and told that they have to use synthetic oil. Change will cost me $40 more than what I made the appointment for. I asked them for conventional oil change as per my appointment but they refused. I took my Keys and left.

I don’t understand why they made me wait 40 minutes. They could have told me that when I got there. Even better, when I made the appointment. I told them year and model of my car when I made the appointment a day before. So, they made me drive all the way there and made me wait 40 minutes before they tell me that they want to charge me more money. All I can say, it’s a horrible service. If you go for oil change, they tend to tell you that you need additional services. Those services will close you $500-$800. Don’t trust them. It happened to me before and what they told me was false.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Today I took my car in at 2:30pm for a 3pm appt. It needed its 56k service, along with the washer fluid pump not working. When I brought it in, I told the person working at the counter that it was a fleet vehicle and he was visibly upset and said, “Well, this is going to take me an hour to write up!” Wow sorry to give you my business! I called the shop at 6:45pm as I had not heard anything yet and asked if my truck was ready. He put me on hold then stated it was.

I arrived about 10 min later and asked Logan what they found with the pump. He stared at me confused and didn’t know what I was talking about. He looked on the paperwork and it was clearly written on there. He said he didn’t know and the tech was no longer there. I asked why it took so long and he didn’t have an answer. He was clearly lost and had no idea what he was doing. This is the 3rd time I have taken a vehicle and have never gotten a call it was ready. I don’t even know if anything was done!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

$2,200.00 spent, vehicle was not repaired. - Because we had an NTB credit card, we went to the Plano, Texas branch to get our non-working A/C diagnosed. We were told it was (and I quote) "Worst case scenario." But were told it could be fixed. After excusing ourselves for a private discussion on whether the fix or trade-in, we decided to fix. Words can't begin to describe the frustration that followed.

They had the vehicle for a total of 12 days. Each time we picked up the vehicle, the A/C never worked more than ONE DAY! I missed 8 days of work and made numerous calls to corporate to seek options. To be fair, I understood that the work was WAY beyond their area of expertise but as a vendor they should tell you that instead of taking the money first. At least refund the payment. For goodness sake, they are a multi-million dollar company taking money from families. They could certainly take the hit more than we could. In the end the Lead Technician shrugged his shoulders and said he was stumped. Needless to say, THEY DID NOT REFUND OUR PAYMENT either! I will never, NEVER go there again and will tell anyone that asks how HORRIBLE my experience was.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

This letter is to complain about service I recently received from a National Tire & Battery (Merchants) customer service representative named Ari who is an entry level technician who’s been there less than a month. I received a call from National Tire & Battery on 10/20/18 in the afternoon to find out my wheel lock key was missing. I was blamed for not providing the key at the time of warranty service being done on the vehicle. The warranty service that was being done on my vehicle only included a patchwork for a nail, and a rotation/wheel balance.

After I was accused of not providing the wheel lock at the time of service I was told my car would not be repaired today on 10/20/2018. Ari the entry-level technician who’s been there less than a month addresses me on the phone in a very disrespectful manner. I had to explain my problem to him several times because he did not seem to be listening and therefore asked me the same questions repeatedly. Ari shows no customer service skills when it comes to addressing an upset customer about a situation that did not need to be escalated. Ari who’s been there less than a month was very rude and disgusting while handling the situation on the phone. He used a hostile tone when handling my request not understanding the fact why I was upset. I explained to him numerous times that my wife who dropped off my car at 2 pm provided the wheel lock.

She explained to Julie the store manager three times that my wheel lock was in the vehicle. The front desk representatives seem to be confused regarding where my wheel lock has been placed. After the disturbing call from Ari, I had put my shoes on and got ready to have my friend Rushabh drive me to pick up my vehicle. At this point I was very upset knowing my lock was in my car the night before and now suddenly missing again. This happened already once at the same location when I got my tires installed where the front desk personnel lost the key.

I was not upset the first time as it was the first case incident I had with dealing with this location. I’m fighting with my wife now trying to figure out if the wheel lock was lost by her. When I get to the location around 3:30 pm the technician name Fermelis advises me that my wheel lock was found. Keep in mind no one has called me while I am heading over to the location to notify me of the mistake.

Being an upset customer and being told his lock was not provided at the time of service in which it was while handling the behavior with Ari was very unprofessional. I practically believed my wife was at fault and this location was telling me the truth in the matter. It was Ari who misplaced the key but wouldn’t explain where he located it. When we arrived at the location, Ari did not want to speak with me during the incident. He was hiding in the service bay claiming that he did not have any time since he was working on a vehicle.

Ari at this point is demonstrating poor communication skills when dealing with customer who is upset about a situation he caused from the beginning. When waiting around trying to locate who the entry level technician named Ari was at the time of arriving at the Woodfield location. My friend spotted him in the back and confronted him outside while he was playing busy. A question was asked to Ari where the wheel lock was misplaced. Ari’s response “are you really going to come at me this way”. Ari demonstrated poor customer service skills again in person with my friend Rushabh.

I felt a high level of disrespect with the poor response given from Ari. He never once apologized for his mistake regarding the matter and only ignited the tension he brought between my wife and me. Since Ari was showing poor accountability for his mistake we spoke only with Fermelis. We could not even get two words in without Ari interrupting us by standing behind Fermelis instigating the situation. He continued to start a rant which led up a loud scene, at this time. I did not use any words towards Ari due to his incompetence in lack of professionalism in this situation. I called Ari an idiot to Fermelis who I was dealing with at the time where Ari overheard and continued to become combative at this point.

I never yelled nor used any violent words to cause Ari to feel uncomfortable. He only became more childish at this point and continued a lengthy and difficult struggle to battle Rushabh and myself. We only wanted to deal with Fermelis due to his professionalism the whole time during the experience. Ari was so challenged mentally for his mistake that he had made so he stuck around the whole time when speaking with Fermelis. He wanted to overhear every part of the conversation that we had and caused a noisy disturbance.

Ari stated he is a manager which two other employees in that location stated he is not. Ari at this point resembles a compulsive liar and continues to become more like a kid when handling this conversation. He pointed out that Rushabh is acting like a 5-year-old and that I was not reasonable when speaking with him. Keep in mind, Ari never once came over to speak with us in a professional way about the situation.

My friend and I waited over after 6:00 pm when the shop was closed to get my vehicle out. The official time when the vehicle was brought to me was at 6:30 pm. Ari did reach out to his manager Julie on the occasion and explained to her his side of the story with not even asking us what our side was. Julie the manager at this location never spoke with us or asked for our side of the story but made a decision on her own. Julie’s unprofessional decision was to kick us out of the shop which was around before 6 pm from when the shop closes. She was not present at the shop when everything took place but assumed that we should no longer be waiting in the building from what Ari advised her.

She must have thought we were a threat in which she decided on kicking us out. While the vehicle is being serviced my friend Rushabh and I are waiting in the cold for completion of the vehicle around 6:40 pm. Keep in mind the vehicle was only under warranty work which the drop off was at 2 pm and ended up leaving out of the store around 6:40 pm. This is very unprofessional and extremely rude behavior that your establishment is running. I have never received such poor service ever in my life with the way this situation was escalated. I am writing to you with regards of feedback and compensation due to what a customer goes through under a new establishment called NTB.

I really believe that Ari and Julie are poorly skilled in the position they uphold and need to be properly trained to succeed in this field. I have been dealing with customer service for over 25 years in all positions I have had in the past. Never once in my life have been treated like this ever. I will be escalating this case up the chain and will never return to this location again for my needs. I will also cancel my NTB credit card with you all to show you I will never do business with such unprofessional and disrespectful management team. If you take my advice, the Gaithersburg location is in desperate need of restructuring of a new management team that takes the time to listen to one’s complaints.

I expected a much higher level of service from your company, and I am quite disappointed. For such a popular company like NTB taking over Merchants you would think the management team be professionally trained in the areas in which are critical. In this case this location has lost my trust with you all due to the horrible experience I encountered on Saturday. Whatever happened to the phrase “the customer is always right”? When did we start treating people poorly by their color and how do you kick out customers from your building when they are paying your salaries.

These are huge critical conditions that really need attention at this moment. I also want to address why you have a technician claiming to be an onsite manager laughing about the matter and continually pointing out “You will not a get a refund” “there is no compensation for your time lost” and just plain laughing when kicking you out of the building. Why I did not fight with the words being used was I was in no way to be acting at his level at this point. We have a serious matter here folks in regards to the employees you hire and how they are trained to assist with problems when they created them in the first place.

Key Points:
1. Ari is very rude and disrespectful when dealing with customer service complaints.
2. Ari has a hard time listening to the concerns vs battling with the customer for HIS faults.
3. Ari’s negative body language and lack of communication resemble poor advertisement to NTB.
4. A couple of technicians I spoke with today (10/02/2018) agreed that Ari is not profession at all.
5. Julie shows lack of trust with demonstrating poor management skills by kicking out customers she has not spoken with not being present.
6. Why was my car not taken in priority for the mistake that was on your behalf? Why was I the last customer to leave your shop at 6:40pm for your mistake?

7. Why was I harassed by your acting manager (Ari)?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I purchased tires for my Mercedes R350 from NTB in Feb 2018. Took the vehicle TO NTB located at 5890 Brook Rd. Richmond, VA 23227 on 9/14/18 for a tire rotation. Upon leaving the shop, my ABS indicator came on. I had ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES with ABS prior. NTB staff did not inform me of my ABS indicator nor did they document in paperwork of ABS indicator. NTB failed to take responsibility for the incident that occurred. Diagnostic was performed by Mercedes Dealership and confirmed my "RR speed sensor" was damaged and needed to be replaced.

Claim was escalated to "Sedgwick Claims Management." The claims adjuster reported a code from when the vehicle had 25,000 miles on (which was covered under warranty). They are refusing to take responsibility based on receiving "the stored history of the vehicle's repairs" rather than current, updated information. IT SHALL BE NOTED that a "simple tire rotation" SHOULD NOT damage the speed sensor; however IT IS POSSIBLE because of where the sensor is located. I WILL NEVER CONDUCT BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Went in for an 11 am appointment for 4 new tires and told that I needed front brakes. I had to wait. Just the front brakes ending up costing over $500.00. Nothing done on the rear brakes. I was told 2-3 hours. I waited 7 hours until it was done at 6 PM. Should never take that long. When I asked why, I was told that the mechanic was going between two cars. Mine and someone else's. Shouldn't they do one car at a time? Then when I went and paid, I was so tired of waiting that I forgot to ask about the rebate. Do you think that the representative mentioned it? Nope, I realized the next day. Long wait, overpriced, and very deceptive on what needed to be done. I was having no issues on the brakes before this. I took their word for it. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Inexperience employees. Very lazy, not looking to take that extra step to help customers. Went for a wheel alignment, was told it would cost extra because a certain tool was need. When asked what tool was needed it seemed he made it up. I then left, went to Sears and was very satisfied with the service, and was told there was NO tool that cost extra to use for the job being done.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I purchased 4 new tires from NTB and was told use a NTB card and get 50 Visa card if over 500. My total came to 503 with taxes so I completed the rebate form at the store personnel request. When I checked the status it states denied. I was wondering why. The response was it have to be over 500 before taxes. Really. What a ripoff.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Went in to get an oil change and tire rotation. Had gotten a state inspection the previous day - at the time, the battery tested fine; they didn’t need to but they did. After the oil change I was told my battery was low and could be replaced right away if I wanted to fork over about $220. I said no, came home and the next day the car wouldn’t start. Battery is barely 1.5 years old and had never given me problems before. I guess the MO is to drain someone battery and then get them to replace it for a hefty fee. Crooks.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I booked my oil change for 4:30 at NTB and arrived about 10 mins beforehand. When the rep tried to pull up my appointment, it was nowhere to be found even though I had a confirmation email. Since there weren’t many customers there, I decided to wait for 45 mins anyway. During my oil change, the rep came back and strongly suggested that I get all brand new tires, a new CX Axle, and pay upwards of $1000+. I checked my tires and axle afterwards and found NO issues. Yes, a tire was mildly worn but the other three were in great condition still.

When you come to get a $30-$60 oil change, you don’t really expect for a rep to come out and strongly advice you spend $1000 more for stuff you don’t need to fix at the moment. Another thing I’ve noticed... out of all the times I’ve been to NTB to have an oil change done, none of the reps look happy or enthusiastic to listen to your issues or help you. It is pretty much “ok what do you want? Ok. That’s an hour wait. Sit over there.” From here on, I will be looking for another business to tend to my car needs. One that has more enthusiastic employees who are there to listen, help, and provide excellent customer service a business needs to thrive.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I recently made an appointment to have four new tires installed on my vehicle. At the time I made the appointment I was informed that the installation would take approximately 1.5 hours. When I arrived at my appointed time I was informed that the installation would take 3 hours. I decided to leave the facility and come back 3 hours later. When I arrived, the vehicle was on a lift with all fours tires removed and no signs of activity around the vehicle. When I inquired as to the delay, I was informed that since I decided to leave and come back later, they had interpreted that they had more time for the install.

They informed me that they had been extremely busy and had other unexpected repairs come in. Moral of the story, I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease at that business. They finished the job four hours later at the close of business and I was their last customer of the day. I have read some other poor reviews of this company and while my experience was not as devastating as some others, it was very annoying to say the least and if they do not improve their customer experience, they may be soon out of business.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I had towed my blown tire truck down to the NTB in Baytown. The manager Jeremy ** was a complete racist arrogant jerk. When I asked him if he can please replace the tire, very negative almost like he didnt want to service my truck, then I told him That I didnt bring the lugnuts lock obviously I couldn't go all the way home, and he start laughing and said he couldnt do it without the key (we all know shops got their way to a key rim to get the lugnuts out when they want it).

Then I asked if I could leave the truck in there for a couple of hrs after they leave as I had to get a ride and come back and I may not make it on time before they close, and I may have to take the tire out myself, bring it to get it repair to another shop that would be open and come back to get my truck and go home, he said I couldnt do that because It may get towed, shop is in a little mall... After all the trouble he gave me on top he charge me all the possible extras fees for one tire $55 tire price went up to $81.68 and no; no road hazard or life balancing or rotation at all... Jerk Jeremy **.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Took my truck in for a simple coolant leak. They charged me 250$ to replace the upper hose which takes 5 minutes. I didn’t mind paying to make sure it was done right... Huge mistake because 2 days later my truck was making a knocking noise, stalled out. So immediately I popped the hood, checked my radiator fluid level which was completely empty!!! NTB paid for tow to their shop to tell me I blew the head gasket!!!

They told me it wasn’t their fault... What a joke... The regional manager screened my calls and didn’t return any of the calls I made to him which was about 50. They sent in an insurance adjuster of their choice just to tell me they’re not at fault. Make a long story short a simple repair turned into a ruined vehicle. I have 4 young daughters and a wife that depends on me to provide for them and this was my only form of transportation in the line of work I do. Extremely upset, aggravated, and angry at the same time, just praying the lord will provide me with another truck so I can take care of my family! Thanks NTB! Great service!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Went to buy 4 tires they advertised. NO they said. Have to buy installation package at a ridiculous price. This company is not customer oriented. They are money money money oriented. Don't go there. No no.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Took my vehicle in this past weekend for oil change and tire rotation. Had to drop it off with them. They said they would call when done. Never heard anything the rest of the day. Decided to call the next morning and they said it was ready. Picked it up the next day. Was looking out the window of the house and noticed something hanging down under the front of the car. Went out to take a look. This vehicle has a cover that lays under the engine up front. It was not fastened to the chassis on the passenger side. Two bolts should be holding this up. I assume they had to remove this for the oil change? Get up the next morning to take it back to them and it won't start. Have lights but engine won't crank. Called them and basically there's nothing they can do. I have to drive it to them or pay for a tow to get it to them. This is unacceptable to me. I will never do business with NTB again!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I went to NTB in Raleigh to get quotes for changing my tires. I was surprised to see the extra fees appended to the quote which were outrageous. In Costco or Discount Tires, there is a single installation charge per tire and government taxes & fees which includes lifetime balance and rotations. For NTB, there are mount & install charge, one time balance fee, lifetime rotations of tires fee, TPMS repair fee (which is weird as you don't see it in others), tire disposal charge, etc. They sum up to be almost twice more expensive than others for basic installation that does not include the lifetime balance and rotation. The installation that includes lifetime balance & rotation (they call it Value Installation Package) ends up to 4 or 5 times more expensive than the competitors. I don't understand how they are still in business unless customers are ignoring to look at the details of their bills.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

First of all, they refuse to install tires that are not bought from them. Then, they charge minimum $25 installation PER TIRE if you do buy from them. Worst of all, they will send you a "deal" to lure you in but then when you look at the price of all the worthless but mandatory extras to qualify for the deal you will see it actually costs more!!! Horrible business.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Had appt. scheduled for a 2005 Crossfire for spark plugs and brought a new rim to be installed on driver's side front tire. Brought car in at 9:00 am, came back at 3 and the mechanics were unaware the Crossfire has 12 spark plugs not 6. Aren't car mechanics supposed to know these things?? At 6:00 pm drove home to find out these same genius mechanics put the new rim on the wrong tire. Went back this morning before they could throw good rim away and was met with a HOSTILE manager. Raleigh, NC. STAY CLEAR of this facility.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I was traveling and had to have a tow to the nearest facility. I told them exactly what the problem was... Starter had failed. The starter was replaced for $505 dollars. I was charged $303 for a starter I could get for $125. I was charged $109 for a 30 minute job. Plus shop fees whatever that means of $35. I will not recommend them if there's another choice.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I'm from out of state and had a nail in my tire. They said they'd patch it but I had to leave it. I came back seven hours later and not only had they not patched it, they didn't even fill out a work order for it. I took my tire and left.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Omg. I drove 5 miles only because I have coupon 19.88 oil change. Today is 8/1/18 hour 11:35 2819 N Central ave. Chicago. and the supervisor told me, "Sorry but I can accept your coupon today." If I want to come back Saturday it is ok. But no today. Omg. Mexican supervisor.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I went back to NTB because my less than 3 year old battery I purchased there died. They replaced my alternator for nearly $1000. Two days later, had to replace the battery. Next day, check engine light was on. Went to my trusted mechanic. A sensor near the alternator was unplugged. My mechanic would have charged half that amount, assuming the alternator in a 5 year old Toyota with 84,000 miles was bad to start with. I’ll always wonder if the sensor was left unplugged intentionally. Staff was very friendly, but they apparently saw a single female coming and took advantage. I’ll never go back and will warn everyone.

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Company Information