Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
National Tire & Battery (NTB)
1.06/5

National Tire & Battery

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

619 National Tire & Battery (NTB) Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2019

If I could leave a -5 star review I would. LADIES BEWARE. They think they can get over on women who take their cars here. I got a set of tires and two weeks later I needed new rotors. I just got my brakes inspected by my dealership last month and I have in writing that my brakes are like new. I called NTB-East-West Connector and told them how strange this is (or was at this point). As I sat there waiting for my work to be complete, I heard the guy on the phone tell several people the same thing- "It's your rotors". They will scam the elderly as well. I will be filing a complaint. After I left, you would think that I should have been told that I needed new rotors (if this is really the case). I mean, what in the world does NTB stand for? To the guys at the shop remember, some people won't bring their cars back to your store. So you lost money - very smart of you! :)

Original review: March 4, 2019

While the employees were nice, they were not very knowledgeable or professional. At my expense, they were guessing at which parts COULD be replaced to fix my daughters car. After getting it towed to someplace else, we were good they were way off about the parts needed and had the car fixed for a fraction of the price. They even called us to tell us it was ready to be picked up, but once we got there, they said it needed ANOTHER part, so it was not fixed. Then they told my daughter she could drive it through the weekend. I wish I could post a picture of what her steering wheel looked like and a video of the noise it made when she tried to drive it. Seemed pretty dangerous to me!! They’re clueless and we will not be returning.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Took in for oil change. I have tires under a year old with under 5,000 miles. Tried to say I needed tires. Gave a long list of suppose issues with my car. They would not give me the list. I informed tires were new... They said the tires were rotated. This was in December 2018. I’m at Discount Tire where I purchased the tires. NTB did not rotate the tires. What else did they lie about... I’m wondering if they changed my oil and filter... Going to have that check.

Original review: March 1, 2019

In short not very impressed, and took a long time. The official response from NTB, "Let me clarify that the lug nuts/studs are not stripped or cross-threaded, they are swollen due to moisture. This is a known issue with Ford vehicles." Goodyear Service confirmed that the lug nuts/studs are in fact stripped due to the service center negligence. I did have to pay for the replacement lugs, as well as the cost to remove stripped lugs. Will start with the positive, the alignment seems fine and the tire was pulled off and installed (minus lug damage) fine.

I brought a car in after a tire blows out on a pothole around 9 am and confirmed with the salesman it would get looked at right away. Just to confirm that it would get looked at scheduled service for 11 am online. At 2 pm called and they had not started looking at the car. From my onboard data system looks like they started looking at the tire around 4 pm. Did not hear from them by around 6:30p so I had to call to get the status, the warranty could have complicated this but still seems long for a flat tire diagnostic.

They did not have the tire I needed but was not a huge deal as I sourced one from Goodyear in Cranberry. The tire was delivered in person to them by 9 am the next day. The car was finished around noon that day. I scheduled a rotation but was not performed due to expanded lug nuts. I know the chrome capped nuts are not friendly. When picking up the car I asked if they just stopped trying to pull the lugs before stripping them and they assured me they did.

While it is true these capped lugs are not the best and do require more TLC, it would be something a professional tire shop should be able to handle. If these FORD or other manufacture capped lugs are that much of an issue you should offer a warning when purchasing service from your locations before stripping the lug nuts. Furthermore, once this mistake was made it would have been nice to see actions taken to resolve the issue rather than deny the actions and hope the customer goes away so you do not have to deal with the issue. Asked them to look at them and resolve the issue but never heard back. Figure at this point I will cut my losses and take it elsewhere or finish the job myself.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Telegraph Rd. Woodbridge, VA, United States 22192 - Made appointment several times for a car inspection at the Glen Allen, VA NTB for my 2015 Chrysler 200C. Manager lies about guy not being available because they don't want to do it. Don't make money off inspections, just $7. Rather put tech/mechanic to work on other things that's generating money. If you don't want to be bothered with inspection, then stop advertising that you do them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NTB Tires?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Wheaton IL NTB. During the recent winter snowstorm in our area I needed 2 new front tires, as I am not planning to keep the vehicle much past the spring I didn't want to put 4 new tires on. Made the online appointment for 4pm, gentleman at front counter had difficult time figuring out my order. This is the big issue. They didn’t get my car in until 5 pm, asked what tires I wanted replace, told them fronts and they proceeded to tell me they would then rotate them to the rear. I asked to keep them on the front and they said store policy was to put them on the rear for better traction. I have a FWD vehicle I need traction in the front. Needless to say we went back and forth and I finally told them to not touch the vehicle and get it off the lift as I was leaving. If it was a recommendation the tires be installed on the rear that’s one thing, but they would not put the tires in the front as I requested.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Location: East west connector in Austell, Ga. I also told them to rotate the tires and they neglected to do it. The bathrooms were filthy No toilet paper. I made an appointment and they put other people ahead of me. It took 2 hours. You have to watch them like a hawk to do the job. Slow and poor customer service.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Took my car for a vehicle inspection at the NTB in Jamestown, NC which took two hours (for a 2017 Lexus with 10000 miles). That is bad enough, but they lost my car key and were lackadaisical about it and refused to even search. Pathetic. I contacted the home office in Florida. At first they promised to help me if I would search again for the key. I called the Jamestown NTB twice and made two repeat trips there to search. After all this, NTB stated they could not help because I “could not prove they lost my key”. When I inquired what proof would be necessary, the reply was “find your key in our store”. Lol. Bizarre and incompetent. Stay away.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have tires replaced by NTB and got protection insurance. I got front driver side tire flat. Set appointment to get flat tire fix. Took them 2:00 hours and told me all tires need to be replaced with new TPMS kit. Will cost $98.00 but they will do it for $38.99. I told them I do not have problem with other tires but I agree for them to change. After they change they come back and told me one of TPMS sensor is bad. Will cost $120.00 but they will change for $65.00. I agree. Total it took them more than 4:00 hours. I paid nearly $112.98 to get me out.

Next day I got TPMS engine light on. They reset. Took them more the 2:00 hrs. I drive car less than 20 miles and TPMS engine light came back. I went back. Keep me there for 3:00 hours and told me there is another main sensor I have to take car to dealer. They took my money for doing nothing. How can I get my money back and how can you trust company like this. All mechanics are train to rob people’s. Do something please.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

NTB quoted us a price of $1055.00 to replace trailing arm bushings on the right rear of our vehicle. Then they said the left front inner tie rod was bad. We took it somewhere else and they charged us $500 less to replace the trailing arm bushings and there was NOTHING wrong with the left front inner tie rod. we will NEVER go back to NTB because of their price gouging and they always tell you there are more things wrong with the vehicle than there is. Also, the wait is ridiculous. When we were there, they said there was a 2 1/2 hour wait to put 2 new front tires on. We were confused, because they were not busy and all of the bays were empty.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

Let me first start with that I wish there was less than 1 star rating that I could give them. The problems with the store: 1. They don't honor appointments made online. Thrice I made appointment online, only to get call from the store just couple hours before the time asking to cancel it. The store suggestion, call on phone or visit in person to make an appointment. 2. Store visit for simple oil change and tire rotation takes 2+ hours. This after setting up appointment with them on the phone.

3. Parts markup 110%. I was told that I will need new brakes. The quote that I was given for aftermarket parts was 110% than what is available online store. 4. Borderline lying. I asked if the parts they will replace are original car manufacturer's and was told yes. I asked repeatedly that if the quote has original car parts and again the gentlemen (won't give his name here) said yes. When I confronted that my car (Benz) does not put Napa rotors and Akebono brake pads, the person admits that it's "...not original but same as original." 5. Poor technical competency. I had oil change on my Benz and the mechanic told me he does not how to reset the oil change message on the dashboard. He is asking me to google and do it myself! The only reason I went to this store is because I bought tires (regret) and have paid for lifetime rotation. I would not recommend to anyone - poor service, indifferent attitude and incompetent personnel.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Horrible experience at this location. Made an appointment this morning with Marlon, he had a very uncaring and unwelcoming phone attitude but against my better judgment. I spent my lunch hour going there to have my tire looked at and what a mistake that was. From the moment I walked in the building I was greeted with a negative attitude. The man behind the counter greeted me with a "Yep." I said to whom, "Excuse me," and then and only then did he say, "What can I do for you."

I proceeded to tell him that I had a 1:30 appointment and he didn't respond but instead started typing on the keyboard and then said, "Infiniti?" I yes and his response was, "Miles?" With my dumb look on now, I said, "I don't know, you want me to get you the miles?" I go to the car get the miles and said, "101196." He and gives me another one liner, "Nope." I'm like, are you kidding me? He said, "When the car was last here it had 131K on it." I lost it then and said, "Well you all have messed up in the system and additionally, now my Carfax will be wrong. How are you going to fix that?" And he say, "I don't know." STAY AWAY FROM THIS LOCATION! Horrible and lack of any type of customer service. If I owned that location and thank God that I don't, I'd fire both of the people that I encountered. I couldn't imagine any of my employees treating our customers like that.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I purchased Michelin tires from NTB (partially owned by Michelin) and paid for premium mounting, protection, etc. My tires failed due to premature dry rot. I had to call Michelin to get an adjustment because NTB didn't retain the purchase/service ticket in their system (it's been updated and they lost it, so they say). Michelin adjusted the tires, but NTB wants over $100 in addition to the cost of the adjustment to install them again. Why but the first warranty if it doesn't apply to defective tires? Next time it's Costco or a reputable dealer. Local staff is great, NTB Corporate office is worthless.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

This place is the worst excuse for a business. Do not go to this business. They overcharged me $200 compared to other tire shops, plus tried to add on more services. They did not honor their advertised specials of buy 3, get 1 free. They said the tire was not in stock for the special and NTB Corporate backed them. It was their fault the tires were not in stock, not my fault. The special could have been honored with the tires in stock. Go to Discount Tires or Brothers Tires in Kannapolis. I wish I had went to another shop. They charged me fees of 161.51 that they did not tell me about. All other tire shops give you a quote that is all inclusive. I was stupid for not looking but needed tires and had to leave to go to work. I am asking for a refund of 161.51, but corporate said I could not get it. Does not honor low price guarantee at store or corporate.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I wanted to share my feedback from my appointment in the Saugus location this morning. I was returning to purchase a second set of tires from NTB. I chose the Saugus location this time because the tires that I wanted to purchase were not available in Danvers. I live in Ipswich (16 miles from Saugus) and this was not a more convenient scenario by any means but I was happy to compromise due to the outstanding service I received in the past.

Upon my arrival, I discovered the doors were locked. I called the store location and there was no answer so I moved on to the 800# where the representative also attempted to call the location and manager and had no luck. He was professional and as helpful as he could be. He offered to see if the tires could be shipped to Danvers later today and directed me to customer relations for any complaints. He took my phone number and told me a representative from Danvers would give me a call in 5-10 minutes. Again, not exactly convenient for me given the fact that this is not a quick job causing me to have to have someone follow me so I could drop my truck off while the tires were being replaced. This cost me both time and money.

While waiting for the call, the representative in the Saugus location unlocked the doors so I went inside. I was not greeted. She continued to type on the computer for a minute before saying “can I help you?”. I was not expecting an extravagant apology but a simple apology or explanation would have gone a long way here. I explained to her I was there for my 8:30 appointment (it was now 8:50 and the store was supposed to be open at 7:30). I asked if there was someone in at that time to complete my transaction and she told me she was going to if “I gave her a minute.” I explained to her that considering the circumstances I just wanted to be sure I was not waiting even longer for no reason. She informed me that “she did not start until 9”. Next, her computer would not log in.

While waiting I received the call from Danvers stating they could have the tires by 1:00 today so I requested to keep that appointment because I was uncomfortable and uneasy with the entire experience in Saugus. Again, the Danvers location is commended. When mentioning to a colleague that I was purchasing tires this time, I was referred to Town Fair Tire for better quality Continental tires at a reasonable price. Instead, against my better judgement, I chose to continue my business with NTB. This entire disappointment probably could have been avoided or drastically less severe had the representative in Saugus been pleasant. I do understand that things happen but that does not justify poor customer service. I won’t just “not recommend” NTB in Saugus in the future, I will strongly advise against it.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Had great experiences, sure long wait time. I’ve had it like the rest but you’ll have that. Lots of walk in customers they serve so wait times can vary. My issue and will be my last issue with them is simple. They allowed someone without proper qualifications to do my oil change. It’s a oil change - how qualified do you have to be? Not much. Sunday I get the oil changed. Monday I went to get an air filter myself to change. Usually I don’t do these jobs but I figured I can do It. Open the hood and OMG half the stuff is real shiny. Why is it real shiny? Because some noob decided to pour oil all over my engine and transmission. I know this only because they didn’t even try to clean it up.

My brand new 6000 mile old transmission which is normally all aluminum and shiny now has FRESH oil sitting on it. In some spots where there are crevices you can actually see pools of oil. Such a bad company to allow someone without minimal skills to touch my 16k vehicle. Guys make sure you go to a reputable shop. Don’t go to Walmart for oil changes and def not this place. They did tons of oil changes fine but it’s this one that mattered. Oil on the motor poses a serious fire hazard risk if you are driving long and parts get hot. It only takes for a few drops of oil to hit the exhaust manifold and your whole car's on fire. Beware.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I made an appointment three days in advance to have my tires rotated and balanced. The appointment was for 10am. I came in 15 minutes early to make sure my Truck gets in on time. Now this is suppose to be about a 10-minute job. And an hour and half later I am still sitting in the waiting room. I get up to ask the service desk how much longer and he tells me about another 20 to 30 minutes. This is poor service. Why make an appointment if you have to wait nearly 2 hours to have a 10-minute job done. Why make an appointment if this how a customer gets treated.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I had a flat tire on a tire that was under their warranty. They took it in and put it up on a lift and left it there for 4 hours without touching it. That was 2 weeks ago. Today I had another flat tire. They are open till 7pm, I went to one store and called 2 others. They were open but they were not working on cars. They said they did not have any employees to work. I said, "Why? You are open for 3 more hours." They said people have families, they have lives, they take off from work. Well I have a family too, I am an old woman with a tire with a nail in it. So I guess the road hazard warranty is like this "we will fix it if and when we want." I would rather have anyone work on my car than these people. I hope they go out of business very soon.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I made an appointment on Saturday to have four tires put on my car on Monday. My appointment was at 9:00 A.M. I dropped my car off at 8:30 and told the repair would be done. I called at 11:00 and was told they STILL have not looked at the repair. I called back at 3:00 and was told they STILL have not worked on it, I told them I am coming to get the car because I needed it for work. When I got there I was told they only have two people working. STAY AWAY. This place is a JOKE.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Decided to replace run-flat tires with an all season tire, for a smoother ride. Upon leaving my BMW Z4, NTB called me to inform me that the car needed brake replacement and that the battery was low on the meter. When the job was done, I went to pick the car up and started it up, only to find that the work done had caused multiple warning lights to appear lit on the dashboard (tire, ABS, brakes, etc), all that were related to the work that was just done by NTB, CAMFIELD St Charlotte NC.

When I went inside to have this problem corrected, they informed me that the computer had to be reset, but they did not have the tool to do it. The car was inspected a month earlier by them and now I need brakes, battery and when I asked the service writer what the battery’s CCA was, she didn’t know what cold cranking amps were.

Long story short, after driving for 1 hour to the BMW dealer, I was handed a estimate to repair damage that was done at NTB while installation of the brakes that were “needed”. It seems that the sensor next to the brakes was damaged during the service performed and that the battery replaced by NTB is the wrong battery. What started out as just looking for a smoother ride and costing well over $1000, also cost me +$200, to reset the computer and another $1772.89 to replace the sensor that was damaged. After sending the paperwork to customer service (NTB) in Florida, they finally called me, and a representative named George (no last name given) called me and said the damage that was done to the sensor was not related to the work done by NTB. What kind of automobile mechanics does this company hire?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Spent $280.27 on two new tires for my 1926 Nash. I took the tires and wheels to the location since I do not trust many places with my one-off hot rod. Got them and mounted on my car when I noticed one of my chrome valve caps missing. I called and told them that one cap was missing and they to come back and pick one up. I went to my garage the next day to take the car out and found both new tires flat. Appears, according to the manager that the valve stems were not changed. I was told to bring the tires back, another hour of my time wasted because someone could not do their job properly.

When I took off the left rear wheel, the new weight that been put on, fell off. When I got the tires and wheels back to the job, I had to wait over an hour and a half to the job done right. On top of all that, when looking at my bill, the driver's license is not mine. Sterling service guys. Next time I will wait at your competitor how ever long it takes to get the job done right. Sorry, sad service.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I needed winter tires and I decided to go with NTB. I gave them a call and was told I could come on Saturday morning, I would not need appointment. I just would leave my car with them. They told me that they had Michelin tires. I came at 9 am to NTB in Monroeville PA. I left my car there, I was told everything was OK, they had tires and they would call me when done. All work was supposed to be finished around 6 pm. I called NTB at 5 pm to see how it was going. They did not have car even inside but they told me that they were taking the car in.

After 6 pm I got the call from NTB employee Jessie that they had only two Michelin tires, remaining two were defective. He suggested Sumitomo tires, which I did not know. So I said that I wanted Michelin and if they did not have them I would go for service somewhere else. He said he would order for me two remaining Michelin winter tires. I approved and then waited three days. Then I called to check if the tires came. The men who worked there did not have any phone etiquette. Anyway after one week and no tires I canceled order. I seriously doubt they even ordered them. I ordered new tires at Sears-Auto and the tires were in the shop in two days and put on my car the same week.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

2013 F250 front wheel bearing assembly needed to be changed. NTB quoted 1600. Note, I saw the computer and the cost they were paying for the part (426.00) and then they were charging me 950.00 for it. 100% mark-up. I took my vehicle to the Ford dealership who is replacing with OEM for a total out the door price of 760.00. Who says the dealerships are the ripoffs?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I took my car for an oil change/tire rotation as a result of a coupon given at the grocery store. Showed up for my 2 o’clock appt and 2 hours later - still not finished. Thinking that maybe it was a busier than usual day I decided to give them another chance this past week at a different location for the same services. Again scheduled an appt- again 2 hours waiting. Only this time when I arrived to pick up the vehicle I overheard a conversation between the mechanic and the desk clerk that he didn’t know he was supposed to do a rotation on my vehicle and he really didn’t have time.

The clerk told him that if the “meat” looked ok then not to worry about it. When the clerk realized that it was my vehicle he wanted to take me out to “show” me that the tires were fine and didn’t need rotation. His words “this guy is a master mechanic he would know if they need a rotation”. Nevermind that it’s been 10-12,000 miles since my last rotation. The reason they are wearing even is BECAUSE I don’t allow them to wear before rotating. I don’t know what their policy is regarding appointments vs. walk-ins but it clearly needs to be revamped. There’s a reason customers make appointments! In the end, I paid twice the price of the coupon and didn’t get the rotation - which was included in the coupon. Will not go back.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I’ve been taken my cars to the NTB in Scott Township, PA for a long time. I took my husband's car Thursday and when I got it back I noticed that evening my husband's stuff was stolen from his glove box. I called and spoke with the manager and he said he would get in touch with the employee who worked on our car and call us back. When he called back he said he got our stuff and the man was fired. When we got our stuff back from NTB it wasn’t given back the way it was taken. Our things were damaged. I WILL NEVER GO BACK. I will make sure everyone I know doesn’t go there either.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

My 89 year old mother who suffers from macular degeneration and has a difficult time reading, brought her car to an NTB to have a flat tire replaced. The car only had 20,000 miles on it and had been driven very carefully with minimal tire wear. Even though she was purchasing the exact same tire that was already on the vehicle, she was convinced to buy two tires rather than one, then in addition to the normal mounting and balancing charges, she was up charged for lifetime balance and rotation, and flat repairs and road hazard warranty for the life of the tire none of which she requested or authorized.

Finally, she was charged for replacement of two TPMS repair kits which do not even exist on this model Honda vehicle (2016 HRV). They then continued to upcharge by replacing the cabin air filters which she also did not request. In the end she paid $545 for what realistically should have been less than $200 for replacement of one tire. I called the store to protest and was told that the manager had personally "taken care" of my mother.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I changed my old battery in December 2016. The car started to give trouble while starting, so took it to NTB shop who installed the battery two years back. They replaced faulty battery with a new one because it was under warranty and it was less than 24 months. Fine with that. Next, they billed me for installation charges to replace battery under warranty. Next, the new battery does not come with a warranty of its own, although it is a new battery. They told me the warranty of old battery will remain valid, which means although they fitted a new battery yesterday, the warranty will be only till beginning of December 2018, which is just one more month! Weird way, but may be I am new to this type of coverage and the installation fees. I will next time go to a shop who will have better warranty terms.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

How I go and paid almost 500 to fix my tire only to have it come off while driving. Smh. I could've died. Now it's being held at Seiberts and will cost 700+ to get out. I'm definitely suing them because they should've owned up to the bad labor work and paid 150 to get it out when I called. Now I have to wait till payday to do it and it's been almost 2 weeks. This company literally ruined my life. I have rent coming and I haven't been able to get to work since. I will see them in court if they don't fix what they've destroyed. I never had a tire come off before. Then I take it to the so-called pros and they didn't put it back together properly. When I called the guy he had an attitude and said he's not paying anything. All of this is their fault and had I not gone there, I would still be driving and enjoying my life. Instead my life has been hell since. Smh. Worst place ever.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Made an appointment to take my car for an oil change. I got there 5 minutes early. Handed my car key and was told it will take 1.5 hours for the oils change. I told them that I will wait. Appointment was make for a conventional oil change. 40 minutes after waiting, I was approached and told that they have to use synthetic oil. Change will cost me $40 more than what I made the appointment for. I asked them for conventional oil change as per my appointment but they refused. I took my Keys and left.

I don’t understand why they made me wait 40 minutes. They could have told me that when I got there. Even better, when I made the appointment. I told them year and model of my car when I made the appointment a day before. So, they made me drive all the way there and made me wait 40 minutes before they tell me that they want to charge me more money. All I can say, it’s a horrible service. If you go for oil change, they tend to tell you that you need additional services. Those services will close you $500-$800. Don’t trust them. It happened to me before and what they told me was false.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Today I took my car in at 2:30pm for a 3pm appt. It needed its 56k service, along with the washer fluid pump not working. When I brought it in, I told the person working at the counter that it was a fleet vehicle and he was visibly upset and said, “Well, this is going to take me an hour to write up!” Wow sorry to give you my business! I called the shop at 6:45pm as I had not heard anything yet and asked if my truck was ready. He put me on hold then stated it was.

I arrived about 10 min later and asked Logan what they found with the pump. He stared at me confused and didn’t know what I was talking about. He looked on the paperwork and it was clearly written on there. He said he didn’t know and the tech was no longer there. I asked why it took so long and he didn’t have an answer. He was clearly lost and had no idea what he was doing. This is the 3rd time I have taken a vehicle and have never gotten a call it was ready. I don’t even know if anything was done!

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Company Information