National Tire & Battery (NTB)

National Tire & Battery

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Tire & Battery (NTB)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NTB Tires?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

I took my vehicle to the National Tire and Battery shop located in Houston, Texas for a simple oil change. A couple of days later all the oil in my vehicle leaked out resulting a total destruction of my engine. I spoke with the NTB manager and she contacted a claims adjuster with a insurance company named Sedgwick. Since then I have heard very little from NTB or Sedgwick, and when I finally heard anything from them it was via an email in which Sedgwick's claims department stated that they do not share inspection reports with anyone (including the actual customer) and as a result I am left without transportation through no fault of my own. I warn anyone if they are thinking about bringing their vehicle to NTB for a simple oil change.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Booked a 1:00pm appointment to have 4 tires put on vehicle. 2:30 and vehicle hasn’t even been touched and there is no one else waiting for service. Don’t waste your time at this location, they are obviously in no hurry to do any work but willing to overcharge you.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 8, 2022

If I could give this store in Marion Ohio a -5 I would. As someone who works in the people field I would recommend highly HIGHLY staying away from this store. I ordered from Tire Rack and had 4 brand new EXPENSIVE tires sent to this store as I am from out of town and didn’t know which “service provider” in Marion from another. I NOW know Katz Tires is the place to go!!

In short I met my daughter at my Mother/Brother-in-Law's place (who live in Marion) to get my tires put on. As well because I was meeting my daughter there WHO also has her own car. I thought it would be a great time to get hers in and have the tires rotated AND to fix a leak in one of the tires. Mmmm? NEVER AGAIN! I actually went in to the store in person the day BEFORE the appointment and asked them if they could simply rotate my daughter's tires and check for the leak. Their famous last words… "Sure! Bring it in and leave it and we will be happy take care of that for you." So suffice to say more than two days later and numerous calls and check backs….I finally was able to pick it up on the FOLLOWING morning. They assured me it would get done.

So I go the next day….(giving them until 11:00 am July 08, 2022.) So I get there and they assure me…”all fixed and ready to go”——It was not. Come to find out they simply rotated the tires and put them back on. After leaving we notice all the ABS lights and tire pressure light on….Good grief!! Turned it around and asked them to FIX what they told me they had fixed that morning. They checked the tire in question and sure enough it was 10 pounds low AFTER they gave it back to me and told me everything was “good to go.”

When I asked them if they did what I had asked them two of them started arguing with each other and questioning IF it got done. Final conclusion—- it did not. So here’s the rub….I would have never written this review but even after all that….they refused to pull me in and fix what they said they had already fixed. After waiting outside in the rain for nearly 30 minutes I went in and asked WHEN they were going to get it in. The young man at the counter (didn’t catch his name but had a partial beard) proceeded to tell me I didn’t have an appointment and that was the reason I had to wait!?!? What!?

I did get agitated with him and raised my voice. However I never swore or was nasty to him but he quickly yelled back at me….”Look give me 5 minutes and I’ll get to it”….I asked him if he understood my frustration which he continued to say I didn’t have an appointment. Good Grief! He actually told me to time him….5 minutes he said. After 30 minutes I just left and took it to Katz. Thank GOD for Katz….Within 10 minutes that had me in found that it had a bad sensor and replaced it. It is obvious the people you have working at this store just do NOT care about quality and/or the customer in any way.

Original review: April 11, 2022

#NTBsucks. 9:30 appointment for brakes and oil change. Car didn’t even get looked at till almost 1:00. 4:00 and car is still not done yet because they overbooked appointments. Even the person working the front of the store admitted their online system caused them to overbook. And all corporate 800# would do it offer me $150 coupon, and tell me, “I’ve had to wait for my barber appointment because he gets backed up, it happens.” Except your barber doesn’t have your transportation, you can leave.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I tried to do my homework before getting new tires installed on my truck.. Per the NTB website they had tires that were $200.00 per tire.. This was an acceptable amount so I requested two be ordered and set an appointment for a week later. The Thursday before my appointment I was called and advised that they didn't have the tires in and none were available in my area.. I asked what was available? After some research an off website brand was offered.. I thought at the same price.. The only tires that could be found now were $375.00 each.. This was a serious gouge to my wallet. They offer "price matching" but that was no where near the same amount as the increase in tire cost.. Then there was the tire pressure sensors that were installed but not set?? Low Tire Pressure warning is still going off.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I would give them 0 stars if I could. Took car in for safety inspection and they told us we needed new tires, brakes, and rotors all around. They were not expecting my husband (who is an engineer) to do it himself because the brakes and rotors were well within acceptable limits (published by PA DOT). We told the technician and showed them the old brake pads. No plausible explanation for the inspection failure was provided. They agreed they were within limits but came up with excuses like "they are allowed significant discretion in failing the brakes" (they can fail good brakes). They also claimed they removed all the pads for inspection which is very suspect for a $40 inspection. These inspections are being falsely rejected due to incompetence or to drum up business. It cost us money and time to put on new brakes that did NOT need to be done. We gave them a chance to rectify the situation but they failed to do so.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Bought new tires for motorhome. At install there was poor work done and had to go back. One tire went flat with only 6000 miles. Took back to original store with appointment. Over 2 hours later rude employee stated tire was road hazard. I drove the vehicle and did not hit anything. When challenged the "Service Writer" just walked off. Never spoke with a manager but they had me. I had to buy a new tire. Alton, IL store is bad! I will never buy another tire from NTB or have any service!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

We have been going to the local NTB in East Brainerd, Chattanooga, TN for years. These guys are not only reliable but honest and have never tried to screw us over. The place is always clean and tidy and they take respect in what they do.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Not honest. They refused to do oil change because they are super busy and since I had an appointment they wanted me to do a check engine light first. I had many oil change at this store with engine light on my 2 odyssey’s and one accord. Not trustworthy store especially the manager. Will never come back again or recommend people to use their service.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The overall service regardless of the location is not what it once was. No professionalism or company customer service training is apparent. There is no consistency in how the service advisors communicate and you never know who is in charge or who the store manager on duty is. I recently purchased a new set of tires and the next day found a missing lug nut and 2 other lug nuts that needed to be torqued. I called and they ask me to bring it in to check the torque for safety but denied the loose lug nuts and did not own up to the missing lug nut. They also don't have adequate records on file for your registered vehicles. I'm a long time customer and spend thousands with NTB yearly. I'm looking for a new service provider.

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Company Information