National Tire & Battery (NTB)

National Tire & Battery

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about National Tire & Battery (NTB)?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about NTB Tires?

Original review: April 11, 2022

#NTBsucks. 9:30 appointment for brakes and oil change. Car didn’t even get looked at till almost 1:00. 4:00 and car is still not done yet because they overbooked appointments. Even the person working the front of the store admitted their online system caused them to overbook. And all corporate 800# would do it offer me $150 coupon, and tell me, “I’ve had to wait for my barber appointment because he gets backed up, it happens.” Except your barber doesn’t have your transportation, you can leave.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I tried to do my homework before getting new tires installed on my truck.. Per the NTB website they had tires that were $200.00 per tire.. This was an acceptable amount so I requested two be ordered and set an appointment for a week later. The Thursday before my appointment I was called and advised that they didn't have the tires in and none were available in my area.. I asked what was available? After some research an off website brand was offered.. I thought at the same price.. The only tires that could be found now were $375.00 each.. This was a serious gouge to my wallet. They offer "price matching" but that was no where near the same amount as the increase in tire cost.. Then there was the tire pressure sensors that were installed but not set?? Low Tire Pressure warning is still going off.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I would give them 0 stars if I could. Took car in for safety inspection and they told us we needed new tires, brakes, and rotors all around. They were not expecting my husband (who is an engineer) to do it himself because the brakes and rotors were well within acceptable limits (published by PA DOT). We told the technician and showed them the old brake pads. No plausible explanation for the inspection failure was provided. They agreed they were within limits but came up with excuses like "they are allowed significant discretion in failing the brakes" (they can fail good brakes). They also claimed they removed all the pads for inspection which is very suspect for a $40 inspection. These inspections are being falsely rejected due to incompetence or to drum up business. It cost us money and time to put on new brakes that did NOT need to be done. We gave them a chance to rectify the situation but they failed to do so.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Bought new tires for motorhome. At install there was poor work done and had to go back. One tire went flat with only 6000 miles. Took back to original store with appointment. Over 2 hours later rude employee stated tire was road hazard. I drove the vehicle and did not hit anything. When challenged the "Service Writer" just walked off. Never spoke with a manager but they had me. I had to buy a new tire. Alton, IL store is bad! I will never buy another tire from NTB or have any service!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

We have been going to the local NTB in East Brainerd, Chattanooga, TN for years. These guys are not only reliable but honest and have never tried to screw us over. The place is always clean and tidy and they take respect in what they do.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Not honest. They refused to do oil change because they are super busy and since I had an appointment they wanted me to do a check engine light first. I had many oil change at this store with engine light on my 2 odyssey’s and one accord. Not trustworthy store especially the manager. Will never come back again or recommend people to use their service.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The overall service regardless of the location is not what it once was. No professionalism or company customer service training is apparent. There is no consistency in how the service advisors communicate and you never know who is in charge or who the store manager on duty is. I recently purchased a new set of tires and the next day found a missing lug nut and 2 other lug nuts that needed to be torqued. I called and they ask me to bring it in to check the torque for safety but denied the loose lug nuts and did not own up to the missing lug nut. They also don't have adequate records on file for your registered vehicles. I'm a long time customer and spend thousands with NTB yearly. I'm looking for a new service provider.

Original review: July 24, 2021

I felt compelled to leave this review because of the horrible customer service I received from the manager name ** from the 5890 Brook Rd. 23227 location today. I ordered 4 tires from a merchant on Ebay and purchased the installation service from Ebay as well via NTB. The wrong tire size was ordered incorrectly by me. The manager acted like he wanted to assist me with returning the tires via FedEx so he took pictures of the tires, email them to me and printed out the return shipping label. I noticed a few weeks had gone past but the tires hadn't reach the original merchant so I called the manager again. He says the tires have been sitting at his store for 2 weeks and he didn't know what to do with them.

I ask him politely why he didn't just give them to FedEx. He said it wasn't his job to contact FedEx for the return pickup. The manager knew I was not in the state but acted like it was too much trouble for him to make sure the tires got shipped. Fedex and UPS drop off packages at his store daily but it was too much like right to just gave them to next Fedex pick up driver. I'm sure they do this all the time for their customers. After all this I still took the responsibility and called Fedex and schedule a pick up the next day but when I called the store manager back he then again blew me off and lied that FedEx never came by to pickup the tires. At this point I was extremely upset that this manager didn't care or take any responsibility to help me. He then tried to blame FedEx and hung the phone up on me.

I called NTB location not far from his location and they said normally they contact FedEx for the customer which sounded exactly what I expected and explained what happened at the other location and this manager was very sorry for what occurred. I ended up having to get my 80 year old Mom to go by and get my tires and reschedule a pickup from her house. Totally unacceptable customer service from NTB management at 5890 Brook Rd. 23227. I also contacted the district manager Mr. ** about this horrible ordeal. Never again will I use NTB!

Original review: June 14, 2021

Caylin one of the staff/managers was helping us with the diagnosis. While explaining things to me we touched on a warranty issues and he suggested, to check out my warranty and find if the engine problems might be covered. I checked and found out that the intake and exhaust solenoids were covered by my warranty and the Chevy dealer also found that the timing and balancing chain were also bad and needed to be replaced also covered by warranty. I can't thank Caylin enough for suggesting that I check on the warranty. Also Amanda working the front desk, was so busy and working basically alone but she did it with grace, professionalism, finesse.

Original review: June 13, 2021

So, I had a tire emergency in Anderson, SC. I took my vehicle in for a new tire installation. I dropped the vehicle off for the service. Shortly after, I received a call from the store. My wheels have security lugs on the rims and they needed the special socket to loosen the lug nuts. I told them it was either in the glove box or in the rear storage compartment. The store closes at 6 pm and I received a call that it was ready around 5:45. I went to pick the vehicle up, was rushed out because it was bordering on 6 pm. I paid for the service and proceeding to leave. I stopped for shopping and as I was closing my vehicle up, I noticed something. What I noticed was black grease all over the inside of my beige leather interior... driver's seat, passenger seat, glove box front, armrests, carpet and door handles...

I immediately called the store. The employee just told me to get it detailed and they would cover it, that he didn't have time to deal with it....a somewhat nice gesture but I have kept the interior of this car in near mint condition for the five years I have owned it. I have been assured by a professional detailer that while the grease will probably come off the leather, the stitching will be permanently stained. This is far from over with NTB. If you live in the Anderson area, please beware...

National Tire & Battery (NTB) Company Information