Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.47/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

952 Jiffy Lube Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 29, 2019

To start light checked fine but I know my headlight is out. Oil was full but that morning I checked and it was low. The next day I took it to another place for diagnostics and was told I needed oil change. Which they offered to do for free so not making a profit by lying. Horrible experience with 2576 shop in Puyallup!

Original review: June 25, 2019

I took my Mazda 3 in on 05/19/2019 to Jiffy Lube #2345 on 884 Blossom Hill Road, San Jose, Ca 95123 for an oil change. I remember being surprised at how fast they finished the filter and oil change. Less than 5 mins after walking in the door, I was given an estimate at 1:38 asking what kind of oil I wanted and if I wanted the air filter changed. The time stamp is on the estimate. The final receipt says I paid for the service at 1:54. There were three other cars in the bays being serviced, so the fact the my car was finished from the time I parked it outside the bay, walked into the store, and paid for it when they deemed it was done was maybe 20 mins.

Fast forward three weeks later to 06/15/2019, I took my car in to a 76 station to have the brakes done. When I picked up my car, Ben with 76 said they did an oil change because the oil and filter were filthy and I had hardly any oil. He did not charge me for the oil change. (I have had service here before and this is the quality of their customer service.) I told him I just had my oil done at Jiffy Lube a few weeks earlier. He commented something about Jiffy Lube's reputation for not actually doing the services they claim. I decided to go to Jiffy Lube and confront them.

**, the manager at Jiffy Lube, told me I would have to bring the filter in for him to see, so I went and picked it up from the 76 station. I verified it was the same model of filter as noted on the Jiffy Lube receipt, before leaving the 76 station. When I went back with the filter seeping dark brown oil, the manager was gone for the day and I was told he was the only one that could authorize a refund. The person I talk to agreed the oil was pretty dirty and didn't look like it had been changed.

I went in today, June 24, 2019 to speak with the manager and get my refund. He made plenty of excuses and claimed the guy who changed it wrote the date on the oil filter proving he changed it, however, that proves nothing because he could have written the date on the one that was put on when I brought my car in February because it was the same model of filter. The receipt states what filter is used and I have both receipts. In the end, the manager claimed he could not authorize a refund.

I am bringing this to whoever will listen. They did not change my oil or filter by the looks of the filter removed and the color of oil seeping from it. They charged me $61.87 that I wanted refunded. This is the third incident of significance that I have had at this Jiffy Lube in over 10 years. I keep going back every couple years thinking that their quality of service will get better since employees cycle through there. Obviously my reasoning is flawed and I should have filed a complaint against them when the previous issues happen after I have discovered they have proven previous violations.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I went to the Tucker, GA Jiffy Lube to get my differential and transmission fluids changed. That's it. Three hours -- and less than 20 miles later, my engine was blown, due to there being no oil in it. I drove my truck in there, leak-free and full of clean oil. I left, nearly having an accident, and was billowing smoke and shaking on the freeway at rush hour -- less than 20 miles of driving after my service, when this happened. I phoned their dubiously monikered, "service representative line" to have them replace said engine. At my insistence that they made a mistake and caused this to happen, their completely unhelpful corporate offices began what can only be described as a Kafkaesque "investigation".

Ryan, a customer service representative, (and again, I use that term loosely) in Raleigh at Lucor --which is NOT Jiffy Lube corporate headquarters, but the franchise location for the SE, (which includes GA ) - Ryan wouldn't give me any information at all, stonewalling me on everything from who owns the franchise, to what is the name of their inspector, to who is the CEO of Lucor. I was not even allowed to contact a supervisor. I got nothing except attitude. First, Ryan (and his unnamed minions) insisted the oil loss was a coincidence because my truck was old. Their technician insisted he hadn't done anything wrong. Then they hired an inspector to look at the engine. It was determined that the engine blew due to lack of oil--which they insist was not their fault. My mechanic and theirs both agree that engine damage was due to no oil. They just won't entertain the possibility that within less than 20 miles of driving, they actually might have caused this.

And I'm NOT allowed to even get a copy of their inspector's report. For them this is a closed case. For me, just the beginning. They completely destroyed my truck. Everyone agrees that no oil caused my engine to blow. They just don't admit their hand in this. It is NOT a coincidence. My truck was leak-free --- they would have told me immediately if I was leaking or empty. They gave me a printed list of future service recommendations. Nowhere did it mention oil loss or leakage. I maintain that their technician --accidentally-- loosened something causing the oil loss. This is just not right or fair. They need to replace my engine. This is simple cause and effect. My truck was fine until they handled it. Now it needs a new engine. SHAME ON JIFFY LUBE! The only thing I did wrong was go there in the first place, and I won't make that mistake ever again. They ruined my truck. Don't let them ruin yours.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Had my oil changed here and two months later my car broke down (my car is only 4 years old). Had it towed to dealership. They told me there was virtually no oil in my car and the oil that was in it was jet black so there was no way the oil had been changed. Called Jiffy Lube, they said to come by. When I did they told me they had to take the oil change sticker off my car! Obviously they were trying to hide an evidence of an oil change. The damage to my car is over $3,000.00! They sent an inspector out and he claimed it was a faulty engine. Apparently to avoid paying for the damage he went on the internet to search out complaints against my particular car and came up with the bogus idea that it was a faulty GM engine (there are currently no recalls on the engine). Unfortunately I am going to have to resort to filing a lawsuit against Jiffy Lube.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Quoted 80.00 to replace plugs. Manager added labor. Came to 297.2. This place is at 350 Main Street in Hendersonville, TN. Buyer beware. (And any jokes you want to make about this place and the jerks who run it are welcome.) We have used Jiffy Lube since they opened because we found them to be dependable and trustworthy. At the end of my visit this morning, the manager gave me a coupon book "for next time." Trust me, there will not be a "next time."

He suggested we get our spark plugs changed and told us he would have to get a quote for us on that. He stated it would be 80.00. When I got the bill for the oil change and spark plugs it came to over 400.00. The manager then explained it was 75.00 an hour to replace the spark plugs, something he did not tell us before we agreed to it. They have blocked my complaints on Facebook and sent me to voice mail when I tried to call their corporate office. I am taking this to the appropriate consumer protection offices since they don't seem willing to answer my complaint.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

Original review: June 4, 2019

The most dishonest service location I have ever been to. The Jiffy Lube at 1812 Pulaski Highway, Edgewood, MD, 21040 is staffed with a dishonest individuals who only want to get paid for providing no service. First they are always trying to convince you to get service that you don't need. Maybe that is how they make money so I can maybe forgive that.

Went in on Friday because my AC was not working. After they serviced the AC, they asked me to sit in the car before leaving to determine if the issue was resolved. I told them there and then that the AC was still not working and the temperature is still the same as before. The service tech told me that I need to drive it around a bit as the car was sitting in the heat and that is why I was not feeling the coolness. I told him I did not want to leave without it working. I asked him, if that does not work do I bring it back and have them fix it. He said yes. I asked the same question when I went to pay for the service and I got the same response.

The drive around had no effect and after a day I went back. As soon as the service tech saw me I said "Know why I am back right?" He asked "The AC is not working?" I was glad cause at least he remembered. I explained to him that the temperature never changed. Then he said "We don't do warranty on AC service and you have to pay for us to do it again." His manager then came out and after explaining to him he started shouting at me and said "You can call who the ** you want cause I can't help you." Lesson learnt. Please use another service provider so you are not ripped off as I was. After a $200.00 payment I still have a hot car in the middle of summer.

Original review: June 3, 2019

After an oil change on May 24, oil pressure became very erratic, dropping to near zero. Towed it to the dealership, who said an O ring was not installed with the filter, causing the loss of oil pressure. I still don’t know what damage was caused or how much life was lost from my car engine. RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN FROM JIFFY LUBE!

Original review: May 30, 2019

Went to Jiffy Lube on Valley Central way in Lancaster CA for a simple oil change on my new car. I get in my car when they are done, which is already turned on and waiting there, and the check engine light is on! I immediately get out and tell them the check engine light is on now, and can they please make sure they filled everything correctly and connected everything correctly. The 4 men there - Angel, Jonathan and 2 others refused to look at the car! Told me the hybrid battery was dead and ignored me for 2 hours until I got it towed away. It was towed to the Toyota dealership where they tell me someone overfilled it with oil and it went into the intake valve, engine and shorted the car out!! I missed work, paid hundreds to get my car fixed, on top of the $90 they charged to just dump oil all over my car! There is no way of knowing if this will cause permanent damage! This place is awful! They refuse to contact me or acknowledge their wrongdoing.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I pulled up to the bay and the worker took my car into the bay and was told to go into the office. About 8 mins later, I assume the manager came into the office and told me the type of oil my car uses and how much it would cost to change it. At that time I told him to pull my car out of the bay. It was too expensive and I will take it to another location to have the oil changed. He said it was too late. They started the oil change. He did change the oil but was treated like I stole something from the store. They did not put a sticker on the window or even a thank you, NO PROBLEM but sorry don't start a job without telling how much it's going to cost to do the JOB. POOR EXCUSE FOR A COMPANY TO be honest. OH yeah the manager said it's company policy to start the job before telling the fee. Shame on you Jiffy Lube.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Last week I took my car for an oil change. The technician showed me my air filter and suggested I get a new one. I politely declined. Yesterday on my drive to work my car died. I was barely able to drive it to the dealership bc it kept dying if I went under 20 miles per hour. The Nissan service dept told me they forced my air filter in upside down and backwards and as a result my engine has a bunch of dirt and debris in it which needs to be flushed, the parts replaced and I have a $937 bill. I’m going to take them to small claims court if they don’t cover the repair.

Jiffy Lube Company Information