Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.77/5

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Jiffy Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

Went to get my oil change and car fix. Told them the problem is the car pushing forward when not moving. They said it was the control arms problem. Got it fixed with the control arm, serpent belt, alignment, oil change, labor and taxes added up to $1200. The next day I'm still driving with the same problem and I noticed the oil was empty in my engine, they didn't fill oil or even change it. I was very unsatisfied and I would never in my life go to this place again and would not recommend anyone I know go there.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I went to this location to get an oil change. A young man (Hispanic between 5-6 ft) took my car in. In about 5 minutes him and Linda came to me and stated they couldn't service my vehicle because the plug was stripped. Linda told me to take it back to the Jiffy Lube that last serviced my vehicle. I had to drive from Elmhurst to Chicago, 1230 S. Western Store #3017. I explained to the manager what was said to me. The tech went down and had the plug off in less than a minute. He said it wasn't stripped and I need to report whoever told me it was. I called Store #191 and spoke to Linda and she then allowed me to speak to Zulma. I explained to Zulma what happened, and she was very concerned and upset that I had received such service. I don’t know if the gentleman didn’t want to service my vehicle or he was in a hurry. I have used Jiffy Lube for many years never had this problem.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Visited store #839 in Chicago on Lincoln Ave (northside). The store manage approached me and explained the timing belt on my 2016 Honda Odyssey van needed its timing belt replaced per the service manual recommendations. I told him no thank you and he glared at me. I went online and found that Honda's recommendation begins at 60,000 miles. My van has just over 40,000 miles. I leave this as an example to customers to beware service at this Jiffy Lube store.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Here is my story - you be the judge about whether or not this store is to be trusted. I called beforehand for a price on an oil change and gave the man my car's year, make and model. He quoted $39. I drove there and when I asked beforehand, I was quoted $91. I was flabbergasted. I explained that I had called ahead of time and gave the man all my details and got that $39 quote. This guy's amazing reply was, "Well, we always quote that price no matter what. Then, when you come in, we give you a price based on looking at your car. Your model takes synthetic." I explained that I had given the man my car's details on the phone. Why didn't he quote the right price based on that? Again, the man repeated that this is the price they always quote over the phone.

I left, of course, because they obviously couldn't be trusted. A waste of a trip. This was not an ethical business practice. This is a classic bait and switch, in my opinion. The Jiffy Lube location was in West Ashley, Charleston, South Carolina, Highway 61. I hope the owner reads this, and I hope Jiffy Lube corporate reads this, because I will never trust Jiffy Lube again, based on this.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Horrible experience at the location in the NE just off of Country Hills in Calgary, AB. My wife went in for a $40 oil change, and she left there paying over $160! Up selling and pressuring customers is apparently their specialty. I am a loyal customer who serviced with them prior, but will look elsewhere. Their pitch was they couldn't use conventional oil, only fully synthetic. Not only that, an oil flush was mandatory. I believe in both services, and if explained(not pressured) I would gladly accept or decline. With so many options out there for Service, save yourselves the time and look for a place where you'll be treated with honesty.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Went to Jiffy Lube on Ogden ave is Westmont, Il. and I will NEVER go to another Jiffy Lube again. I was charged $106.83 for 5 quarts of oil and a filter, nothing else. I had a $10 online coupon but they said they could not apply it because the internet was down, but it was working to charge my debit card. No windows were cleaned, and only the tires on the drivers side got checked for air pressure, oil was spilled on my engine but not wiped off, just all around sloppy work for an outrageous price. The technicians were all wearing masks, which was appropriate because I feel I got robbed. My local Chevy dealer does an oil and filter change, vehicle inspection, and tire rotation for $60, thought Jiffy lube would be cheaper for just an oil change, but I was wrong, won't make that mistake ever again.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I went in last week for a regular oil change. It was my first time going to the Long Beach location. The guys seemed nice enough; however they did not put filter on right and it ended up cause serious damage to my car. A total of $465.83. I took it back into a jiffylube in AZ first and they told me my entire engine was blow and it would cost 4,200.00 to replace engine. Good thing I have a trustworthy mechanic at home.

Original review: June 15, 2020

I requested and paid for an oil change, tire rotation, new air filter, and wipers + tune up for road trip. I was polite and everything seemed fine during my visit. However, they disconnected the grounding wire from my car's starter, stranding my family on the road the next day, which cost me hundreds of dollars between towing the car and troubleshooting to find the issue. There was no reason for this behavior and it put my family in danger and ruined our trip.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I was about 1000 miles overdue for an oil change and I did not want to deal with it so I took it into Jiffy Lube in Wheeling on Dundee Rd. I went in there and they put my car up right away and they tried to pull their usual tactics of trying to get you to spend way more than you need to. They told me my coolant was low and it was only an extra $6 to top off. The most costly $6 I have ever spent because my perfect air conditioner was messed with and now, after refilling the coolant, cold air does not come out. I called to speak with the manager who I saw while I was there and the "Assistant Manager" claims they have no manager. How can you be an Assistant Manager if there isn't even a manager! Lies on lies and all he said to me was bring it in I'll look at it for you even though I told him multiple times I will never be coming back. What a terrible business, they should be shut down. I did not realize this was there business plan until I googled them after they broke my AC. NEVER EVER GO TO JIFFY LUBE!!!!

Original review: May 19, 2020

I never paid $100 for an oil change before ever, and they never told me that it’s gonna cost me that much, until after they swiped my credit card. And they refused to refund me $34.99. They have the highest oil change cost nationwide. Is it made of gold or what? Not recommended at all.

Jiffy Lube Company Information