3.9/5 (332 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Jiffy Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jiffy Lube?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

On 10/30/21 I received an oil change and tire rotation from the Capital Blvd location in Raleigh, NC zip code 27615. After paying for and leaving the store I noticed while driving that something was right with my front end. I immediately pulled over to inspect my car (2006 Scion tC). I didn't visually see anything wrong. So I pulled off again in traffic (Capital Blvd) to go home. I live less than 10 minutes from the store (6304 Capital Blvd Raleigh, NC 27615). I stopped at the stop light to turn on to Gresham Lake Rd. As I began to turn I felt a sharp shift in my front end. I then pulled over to a service road got out and discovered that my driver side front wheel wasn't tightened properly so I got my tire iron out to tighten the bolts up (5 lug pattern) on both sides.

I returned to my car to go back to the store and could not make it back because I had to pull over a again only to find out that the three of the five passenger wheel lug nuts had come off. having me pull over but not completely. the tail end of my car was in traffic. I called the store to alert them of what was going on and they sent two technicians to assist me. Once they tightened up what lug nuts they could I drove car back to the store. While at the store the store manager (Aiesha **) apologized and gave me two free oil changes.

Last week 1/03/22 I redeemed one of my free oil changes on my 09 Honda Accord with no problem. On 1/09/22 I brought in my wife's 2016 Mazda CX-5 for an oil change in which I was gonna use my second and final free oil change. I told both the service worker and whom I would assume was the assistant store manager before service was rendered as well as I showed my receipt. I was denied service for my wife's SUV without paying out of pocket. On the receipt it did not specify that I had to use it for my Scion tC. So I asked if they could call someone to verify and was given no answer.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

They are criminal. I have brand new tires and get regular services. I needed a quick oil change. Oil life was low and didn’t have time for dealership. Traveling to see sick mom. They don’t care. 104 for simple oil change. Should be shut down.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

Very nice people. Very helpful. Don’t know what I'd have done without them. Great service. Thanks for all the help. The car wouldn’t have gotten us anywhere without their help. Not to mention working on Black Friday and very speedy service.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

THEY ARE TRYING TO ROB YOU OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!! DO NOT GO TO JIFFYLUBE. I brought in my brand new 2020 Honda Civic for a simple oil change. I never had any issues on the vehicle and its was only around 15K miles when I brought it in, drove great. 3 months after the oil change the engine blows. I am not a car guy so I send it to Honda, where it is still under warranty. Honda let me know that whoever did the oil change left my oil drain plug loose and it fell off while I was driving, thus blowing the engine.

For 2 weeks they were impossible to speak with. This morning I got a call saying it's not their fault, they want me to pay for all damages, and they never touched the oil drain plug, they used a special tool. That is a bold faced lie and now I will find myself in court with them. As a fellow consumer I swear to god nobody touched the car outside of Jiffylube in those 3 months, now due to what should be a simple oil change, they are trying to make me pay thousands.

Worst part is the more I tell this story the more common it seems. I have had a few people hear the story and guess that I went to Jiffylube, because nobody else would have this problem. I beg you for yourself, use Midas, Pep boys, Mavis, ANYTHING BUT JIFFYLUBE. It was convenient for me so I used them, take my advice on that being an unnecessary risk. ***Do not use - will try and rob you if they make a mistake, which very possibly can happen due to their amateur and underpaid mechanics.**** *Ps this is the first review I have ever written, this isn't something I do frequently but these thieves needs to be put out of business.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Every once in a while we hear a news story about a popular well-known business exploiting their customers. We are told to beware of the auto mechanic because he or she may try to charge for repairs that are unnecessary. I know I sound cynical but it is not my intention. I have been that consumer that has fallen victim to a dishonest business practitioner of a well-known franchise in the past, but that's not why I am writing here today. I want as many people possible to know that the manager of the Jiffy Lube on NE 82nd (JL going forward), JJ ** and her subordinates are like finding a diamond in the rough.

Yesterday I pulled into the NE 82nd avenue JL to get an oil change for a vehicle I just bought. A young lady named Sydney was helping me; she was very pleasant and professional. I didn't have to wait long at all before I was lead into the car stall. After a couple of minutes both JJ and Sydney had serious looks on their faces as they came toward me. I was expecting to hear bad news but I was wrong! JJ and Sydney wanted me to know that the oil in my van was very clean as in I didn't need to get the oil changed. I am very impressed by both these two individuals Sydney and JJ, so much so that I just had to let everyone know about my experience. JJ could have just had Sydney and her crew to do the oil change to make that buck; instead they saved me the bucks and Sydney washed my windows anyway! Thank you everyone at the NE 82nd Avenue Jiffy Lube!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Took our fleet vehicle (F-250) in for a diesel oil change and while was there they went ahead and suggested an engine air filter replacement as well which is fine except they charged $86.99 which is unbelievable and the air filter was changed only 10k miles previously so it seems like they were just trying to rack up a bill instead of replacing needs. Valvoline and Pep Boys right down the road from location both quoted over $40 difference in price for same filter. Needless to say we have learned our lesson and I will make sure to discontinue business immediately. Unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Sometimes I don't feel like I'm getting the oil that they state I'm getting and paying for, I don't notice a difference in the alignment etc. I also think that the waiting areas could be better. They are small and not exactly comfortable. I would hope in the future they can provide an app that shows what they did so we can create a regularly scheduled maintenance and I can gauge the service levels and feel better about it and return.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

They did not properly reinstall a pan on the bottom of my car. It was dragging all the way home. I had to wire it back up and drive back to Longmont. It cost me an hour on the road but they were not interested in compensating for the gas or offering me a future discount. When I said I would not be returning they cheerfully replied that that was 'My decision'. And I replied that they made a decision not to offer me anything for my lost time and money for gas.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The manager actually came out to check my car, and was very personable. He explained the procedures necessary and with 2 scenarios even! I would steer others to this helpful shop! They always put the customer's needs first!

Original review: July 25, 2021

Bottomline: Do NOT jeopardize your car maintenance by getting service with Jiffy Lube! If reliability of service and risk of damage after service are not your top priority, at least DO NOT get the service done in store #01051 (2310 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608).
Longer version: I had a three day trip to Orlando and Miami, followed by the International flight of my family. We had prepared for the trip.

On Sunday morning (June 20) I took my car (2018 Toyota Sienna) to Jiffy Lube for oil change. I was initially satisfied with how quick it was done. Then right before we left Gainesville, traveling less than 15 miles since the oil change, the engine oil light turned on. I took the car to the closest Jiffy Lube (Tower Road) which was closed. I parked the car there overnight to prevent engine problem.

Monday morning, the Jiffy Lube staff at that store checked the oil and confirmed it’s completely empty. He examined the filter and said the filter gasket has been tightened up too much and thus broken into two halves. He fixed the issue and refilled the oil.
Right after the fix, I took my car to the previous Jiffy Lube store on Archer Road and explained to the manager what happened and said I will follow up after my trip. As a result of the oil change issue, I missed my hotel reservation and was at the risk of missing the international flight, let alone the potential risk of engine break down (several thousand dollars), risk of someone breaking through my car parked overnight at the store spot, and putting my family’s safety in jeopardy.

Once I returned from the trip, I went to the Jiffy Lube store at Archer Road and talked to the manager and assistant manager, more than ten times in person and over the phone. They delayed any response saying they needed to talk to their upper managers, and refused to accept full responsibility for their mistake, by at least refunding me what they had charged for the oil change. They tried their best to refuse by putting all decision making responsibility on higher management, and then not accepting it.

Last time I went there in person to discuss it with the manager. The manager told me to stay in the lobby while he and the other person were working on the cars. From 10:10 AM to 10:40 AM, they worked on 4-5 cars without respecting my time, and refused to talk, so I left. This whole back and forth took 25 days. To conclude that, I will NEVER EVER go to jiffy lube again to get any car maintenance. I discourage you from doing so. What price are you willing to pay and how much risk do you take, in exchange for a little faster service? THINK TWICE!

Original review: July 15, 2021

The minute I pulled in, the workers were so friendly and helpful! They were also super efficient and quick and educational on which oil is best for my car that will last the longest. Will definitely be coming again.

Original review: June 20, 2021

Took my Subaru in for a differential grease drain and refill. They did not put grease in the differentials and my car broke down 2 days later with a destroyed transmission. I had to have a rebuilt trans. installed at a cost of $8400.00. DO NOT GO TO Jiffy Lube, you will be sorry!

Original review: June 18, 2021

I was noticing that my Toyota Aqua was quite jamming when I push the throttle to maximum. The acceleration wasn't efficient as it used to be. I contacted Jiffy Lube's customer support team member to get an advice and he simply asked me to change the engine oil. Jiffy Lube's team came to my house to change the oil and honestly I really feel my car to be as efficient as it was earlier. Thanks to Jiffy Lube for their cooperation and quality service. Moreover, No just this but also I got $5 off discount code for my oil change from **.

Original review: June 5, 2021

On 3/20/21 I took my vehicle to Jiffy Lube location #917 in Deer Park, NY for a simple oil change, the following day I discovered that my lower engine cover was not secured correctly resulting in it being torn off.

Original review: May 20, 2021

I went in and got a oil change in my 2007 Jeep Commander. 2 days later my check engine light came on so I took it to the shop coming back with a code that's saying wrong oil. So I took it back and let them know. The manager kept saying that's not possible.. So I went back and forth and asked for mine managers number. He then agreed change it out... Long story short 2 weeks after this my engine blows. I opened my hood & the cap where you put the oil in and it was up in smoke. Please give me feedback on what I should do the didi take my car to open the motor and start the investigation the district manager called and saying if it comes back not their fault. I have to pay for the diagnosing it. Has anyone been through this...

Original review: May 17, 2021

My back was against the wall! I made my daughter a promise to get her car oil changed BUT misunderstood the date. She took time off to wait for me but after three garages I could not get my car in. I went to Jiffy Lube, Whitby as my last resort. Assistant Manager Mark came out and said they only take appointments (COVID) but "I will not turn you away!" He made arrangements with his staff and half an hour later I was on the road with fresh oil and thorough check of my vehicle. Since then I have taken my vehicles to JL three times. I can't believe the competent staff who seem very happy. This reflects on the management to whom my appreciation will never stop. Thank you Whitby Jiffy Lube!

Original review: April 30, 2021

I would like to know how a $69 Oil Change with a $15.00 credit ends up being $83.26 and you are not told the total until the work is complete. This is a total scam. You can go down the street and get the same oil change for 1/2 the price but, you wouldn't know that until you get the bill. The customer service was excellent.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I have had numerous oil changes done by Jiffy Lube in Hagerstown, Maryland, never a problem. About six or seven months ago I had this same Jiffy Lube replace the front rotors and brake pads on the front of my 2011 Chrysler 200. Approximately two month ago my car developed a hard shimmy when applying the brakes at highway speeds. The shimmy had gotten so bad that it became hard to hang onto the steering wheel when braking. I went back into the Hagerstown Jiffy Lube today for an oil change and to question the brake issue. All they could and would say is “unfortunately, brake rotors tend to heat up and warp.” I advised them that their assertion is especially true when they supply customer with inferior quality rotors that lack the proper thickness to handle even normal heat buildup. They never expressed any indication of a warranty on the parts, nor an apology for the problem.

Reality is I was a long time a mechanic and am capable of performing any level of auto repairs. I switched careers some years ago and now work as an Accountant. The older I get the busier my life becomes, so, reluctantly I take a chance and allow others to service my vehicles, something I really don’t like doing as I don’t trust others to do things the right way. I now have a factory pair of OEM Mopar Rotors on order for my Chrysler and will be installing them next weekend in my own fully equipped garage at my home. Lesson learned, and Jiffy Lube will no longer see my cars, I refuse to work with a business that can’t be trusted to do the right thing.

Original review: April 16, 2021

Jakob D and the other staff were nice, fast, and caring about my car. The Jiffy Lube on Bakerview in Bellingham WA is amazing and I love to take my car there. Thank you for always greeting me and making me feel important as a customer.

Original review: April 12, 2021

My wife took her daycare van to yet a tune up and was charged over $800 saying the spark plug were $26 each from Autozone and when I called autozone the original spark plug price were between $5 and $9. We will never go there again and I will make sure to tell the people I know that they take advantage of women.

Original review: March 28, 2021

I was in and out. They have an amazing staff and great customer service. I never go anywhere else! It is a great atmosphere even in the rain??? They also were very informative on the details of my car.

Original review: March 14, 2021

I was going to go to my usual oil change place, but nobody was there, so I went to the new oil change place, Jiffy Lube in Manitowoc, WI. The first thing I noticed was how clean the oil change bays were. Next I noticed how friendly everyone is there. This is a full-service oil change station, and I highly recommend it to anyone. Everyone is competent, and I liked how they communicated with each other while the oil was being changed. Safety first! I have found a new place, and I will be going there from now on! Excellent customer service is obviously one of their priorities, which is something I greatly appreciate.

Original review: March 7, 2021

I usually go to Midas for servicing my car but today they didn’t have availability. So, I went to my nearest Jiffy Lube. I was impressed at the attention to customer service everyone in the shop had. I felt special. First time and the team made a great impression on me with recommendations, service, and quality of work. Definitely going here from now on.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

On January 9, 2021, I opted to get my oil change and decided to go to Jiffy Lube for service. Two weeks later my vehicle could barely reach 50 MPH. I went back to Jiffy Lube and was somewhat attacked by the staff. They claim no Manager was on duty at the time to speak with. They Literally accused me of lying saying I chose the cheapest oil. I had to pay for a flush and a new oil change that corrected the problem. Never again would I go to a Jiffy Lube again. Three staff members literally attacked me accusing me of lying. I don't know if this is a way of making money or not, but it causes me some money in the end. Blue, one of the employees was there on both occasions. He was the one that told me I would receive my receipt by Email. Still waiting on it. I made sure I got a receipt this time before I left this time.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

Quick drive and is always willing to help out. They make sure the job is done and is done right. The Jiffy Lube on Baymeadows is the only one that I come to. No matter what side of town I live on I will always come to this place. Ken is the nicest person and Aaron always has a smiling face.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

My experience was excellent and Aaron was one of the best technicians I’ve had to deal with. I highly recommend him to anybody. Great customer service and easy to talk to you and knows what he’s doing. And I think he deserves a big raise. He needs to make at least 20 an hour.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

My wife went to the Coventry RI location for an oil change. She called me to let me know she would be a few minutes late, The attendant asked her what she wanted and she told him "an oil change". She said synthetic and then changed her mind and asked for a regular oil change. The attendant was very rude and told her he refused to do a regular oil change, Now I would think that a regular oil change is better than none at all, but he turned her away. Is Jiffy Lube now using bait and switch tactics? Do they refuse to do an oil change unless it is the more expensive synthetic? Sounds to me like the person who is refusing to do an oil change doesn't feel like working today. It is, after all the 1st Wed in January 2021. Great business practice Jiffy Lube! I will be sure to let my friends know how concerned your employees are about performing regular maintenance on a car.

What did we do before synthetic oil? If synthetic oil is so superior to regular oil why do you still advertise it? I am pretty sure that a lazy worker was more the fault than was a concerned employee. I was getting all of my cars serviced here, but I am now going to go to a place that will perform the service I want at the moment instead of being rude and letting me drive off without any service at all. Jiffy Lube is supposed to be a Customer Service oriented company... If you stop offering customer service you haven't got much of a business left... Unless you just decide to sell synthetic oil by the bottle.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I came in to get an oil change and have my brakes checked. They informed me why my brakes were squeaking and offered me a good price. I definitely recommend Jiffy Lube to any one reading this. It also helps that it’s located right next to a restaurants and donut shop.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Oil change, filter and tire rotation done for Chevrolet blazer RS2019, after finishing the job I paid $145, then I went home and got the check engine light on, the second day I took the car to my dealer because he is 60 miles away and they checked it and said evaporative system fail, thank god the car is still under warranty and got it free. Jiffy Lube Winchester, VA would never recommend, will never visit them again. Unprofessional, No knowledge of new cars.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I was in and out in 15 minutes after having them complete a lot of things for me for my registration. They also have coupons that really help with the costs compared to other shops. I was very satisfied and pleased at the service. :)

Jiffy Lube Company Information