2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.21/5

Jeeps is an American car manufacterer that is best known for their sport utility and off-road vehicles. Read reviews for their models:

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Jeep Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The Jeep is sturdy, strong, reliable and handles very well. It is comfortable to ride in, hauls my pets and Craigslist finds - and when washed is beautiful and elegant. A win win all around. I enjoy the 'little' things like heated seats, back window wiper, easy-to-pull down back seats and durable leather interior. It is three years old so it is relatively modern in style but it is sleek and gets the job done!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Overall a great car, especially for New England weather. Great handling and control in snow! Very comfortable interior with plenty of space. Holds more than expected when I moved, which was a great surprise. Only issue is once they hit about 9 years old, the repair bills start and come often and at an up there price tag. If you don't have a trusted mechanic, you'll want to find one once that 9 year mark hits.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I own or I should say paying to own my Jeep. I have had it for 3 years. So far it has been dependable. Not a fan of how the transmission works. It shifts but not always when it needs to. Been that way since the day I bought it. Since I have had it we have not had any real expensive repairs. We had to take it to the dealership to have a wheel sensor replaced. Other than tires and a realignment its been trouble free. I would recommend a Jeep Compass.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I buy Jeeps and have had four in my life. It's a fun car to drive and it's sexy too. It keeps the cool in style look and sense cars are so expensive today costing more than the lower 80% of Americans even make enough money to pay to own. This one is a little better or easier to buy. One problem is the transmission on all four of my jeeps breaks down after the 3500 mile warranty expires and it's a major fault in jeeps.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

This vehicle we have had been great for us for the last 5 yrs. The only issue is the motor. We had the lifters and rockers replaced under warranty just under the 100 000 miles but they went bad again and we don't have the money to repair it again. The only problem with the 2014 Jeep is the motors have issues that we believe Jeep knows about but have not said anything. I have heard the 3.6 is not a good motor.

Original review: June 16, 2020

Bought a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited 6 cyl. in Oct. 2018.. Biggest mistake Ever.. From the first week issues started. As the months passed the issues became more and more serious..and ONLY A COUPLE ISSUES HAVE BEEN RESOLVED, LEAST FOR THE TIME BEING... AND TODAY ANOTHER ISSUE.. CAN'T PUT GAS IN IT!! IT SPITS IT RIGHT BACK ON ME!! SO I called the dealership and in a week or so I can have it "looked" at..so I called CS at Jeep and got the same reply.. I think sooner would be a nice thing!!

Everyone I have spoken to says theirs too, is a total nightmare.. Just "DO NOT BUY ONE".. I NEVER WILL AGAIN!! JUST CALLED MY CHRYSLER dealer who I bought my 300s from. They'll get me in tomorrow.. Yay..Chrysler Of Waseca Mn. Best dealership around!! Issues include..paint lift, no working seatbelts, lock out, lockdown, screen went blank then horizontal lines, jerking, won't start, won't accept gas, radio on and off.. I have asked right away for Jeep to take it back when I had no working seat belts on day one but no reply.. They did repair the seatbelts... I'm glad I have my old 1995 Chrysler Lebaron convert ...much more reliable than this 2019 JEEP!!

Original review: June 12, 2020

2017 Jeep Renegade, problem car: 56,000 miles power steering went out, belt is intact, Power steering module is bad, must purchase steering rack (not sold separately) with module. Repair cost about 2014$ plus tax. Will not be purchasing another Jeep product. Had Dodge Journey with 89,000. Did not have any problems.

Original review: May 10, 2020

Cute car but piece of crap. 2019 Jeep Compass. In Aug of 2019 I complained about engine noise a month after when backing up and was ignored. 5/9/20 car started and would move two ft and cut off and parking break & engine light comes on. Now my truck with 10,000 miles on it is sitting at a dealership. This is a damn safety hazard because I was pulling on a busy street when it cut off. I’m going to get rid of it somehow.

Original review: March 12, 2020

Do not buy a Compass. 2.4 litre motor burns 1qt of oil per 2000 miles and that meets Jeeps criteria for a good motor. Back up camera worthless if car driven on other than dry pavement and no back up sensors. Gears 8 & 9 will not maintain speed even on flat roads. Rear window defroster fails to clear window as melt builds up on the wiper making it worthless. Snow slush and mud build up on the tire causing all wheels to become unbalanced. Who pays for a at of oil every 2000 miles and why isn't that fact listed in specs? My second Jeep - first and last. What car would you buy knowing it'll use a at of oil every 2000 miles? No support from Jeep and a sad sad car the Compass is.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Crooked Dealership! Lemon Cars Stay Away!! If I Could Give Negative stars I Would! ...So less than 2 months ago I purchased a 2012 Jeep Compass with 123k miles. Financed through Pronto Finance out of Schaumburg, Illinois. 1st month in vehicle stalled out while pulling up to a stop sign. Just this week the car has stalled out 6 times all while driving on the freeway! One of those times with my 5 year old daughter making a U Turn during rush hour! Car in the middle of the road! Every time this happens, it literary takes 5 or more minutes to start back up again! Did some research online and apparently this is a known issue with other Compass owners and Chrysler intends to do nothing about it until someone gets killed in an accident!

I called the salesman "Jorge" and he told me to call the finance company because he "thinks" it has a warranty? Hello! I bought a used car as is. Of course it has no warranty!. Just getting the runaround from everyone but rest assured I'm taking matters into my own hands. I'm going to make a special YouTube Channel to document every time this vehicle stalls out or goes into "limp mode". Going to put them all on blast until this matter is corrected or that crooked dealership shuts its doors for good!!! I know very well the power of the internet and social media and I'm going to use it to MY advantage. They knew I was desperate for a vehicle and they preyed on me like the snakes they are! I'm a hardworking customer making payments on time! You Tube Link coming soon!

Jeep Company Information