2.20/5
Based on 74 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 9, 2018

1404 Jeep Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 9, 2018

The Jeep Patriot Sport is not very good as to being soundproof, the lower seating panel is poor quality, broken off on driver and passenger side while getting off and onto seat, sluggish when pulling off. I would not advise friends and family to purchase this vehicle at all.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I wish the shifter up & down was opposite and the auto 4x switch wasn't in the place it is. Other than that Jeep Renegade is fabulous. I couldn't afford a Wrangler and this is the next best thing.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I bought this Jeep Liberty six years ago used. The car had a little more than one hundred fifty thousand miles on it. Now it's over one hundred ninety thousand miles on it. Great car and good gas mileage. I just got lucky and got a great running vehicle.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Few SUVs offer ventilated seats and this model has them and many other amenities in vehicles that are $15k or more higher than this. I.e. Volvo XC90 was at least $61k for the minimum vehicle with ventilated seats. Huge sunroof, great and sharp interior, nice ride and handling. Overall the Jeep Grand Cherokee is reliable, fun, practical and luxurious.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Jeep Cherokee - Traded up from 07 Highlander. [Same size frame.] Jeep is cramped and also with little storage in rear. When cruise on - you can't read the odometer. I also don't like the auto stop and start - would like to turn it off permanently and not every time I get in car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Original review: May 5, 2018

The quality of the Jeep Cherokee is suspect. I have had the Jeep in to the shop on numerous occasions for recalls and problems. This is the first vehicle I have taken a lifetime warranty out on because I suspect there will be expensive repairs down the road. Had to have the radio, which contains the "brains" (GPS and all other controls) replaced early on under warranty. The 4 cylinder is terribly underpowered and as a consequence gas mileage is poor. The 9 speed transmission is cumbersome and jerky. Safety features are impressive and about the only thing worth the money on this vehicle.

Original review: May 4, 2018

The engine and undercarriage of the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon are a step up for sure from Wrangler. But overpriced for the value! Makes no sense why it costs so much new. Not worth it. Buy it used.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I am a staunch Jeep lover, currently drive a 2011 Cherokee which handles great, good get up and go, roomy and nice to look at. Plus better gas mileage than most SUVs.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I liked this car (Jeep Liberty 2012) more the first year than I do now. I bought it in 2013 for 17,000. I have it serviced every year and this year it cost me over 700 because the brakes were worn. I don't like the steering. But I have arthritis, so that may be the reason why it's hard for me. I plan on trading it in this spring.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I love my little Jeep Liberty. I live in an area where there is a lot of snow in winter and the hills are very steep. It is such a trooper, making it up and down those roads!

Original review: May 1, 2018

Jeep Liberty runs great and fun to drive. Great styling and large cargo area. Good visibility and all around vehicle. However a little noisy. But it is a little older model, New ones may be quieter.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I have owned my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited for 4 months and it has less than 7,000 miles on it. The Transmission is leaking and is slipping from 1st to 2nd gear. It is also lagging on acceleration and not wanting to shift.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Fun to drive, looks great but this model has issues with the front end parts and the subframe. Have a 2008 Patriot with only 60k miles that has had almost every front end part replaced, if I did not have an extended warranty I would not have been able to afford all the repairs. I always thought Jeeps were good vehicles, but I will never buy another one.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I recently purchased my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit and love it. Excellent handling. It also can use E95 alternative fuel. Has a beautiful interior and excellent ride, has all the bells and whistles.

Original review: April 27, 2018

My jeep is a 1993 and it's still in good shape. The paint on it is not so good, but the ride is good. I've never had a Jeep Cherokee before this one. It was old when I bought from a person I knew a few years ago. I'm still driving it! The interior is somewhat worn but seat covers took care of that. I will definitely look into buying one when I look for a new car.

Original review: April 26, 2018

The Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk rides surprisingly well for off-road suspension. Interior is well designed, with the use of quality materials. Seating is supportive and comfortable. Controls are well placed. The 4 wheel drive is responsive and sure-footed.

Original review: April 25, 2018

The Jeep Grand Cherokee is the perfect combination of durability, utility, comfort, and appearance. Its timeless style never makes you feel like you're driving a "Late Model". Tried many other of the German and Far East offerings and, although satisfying vehicles, they didn't match the Jeep in dependability in all weather conditions.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I'm still driving my 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee, purchased used the same year with 3000 miles. Always maintained, always garaged, the old gal went from LA to Minneapolis, with snow, ice, salt and gravel, to Atlanta with all the heat and humidity. The car still looks great and runs even better. The biggest advantage is the peripheral vision advantage. SUVs today seem to sacrifice visual safety for style. Although I could buy any car I liked, I will stay with my sidekick until they take away my driver's license.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I purchased a brand new 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude in November 2017 and have had nothing but PROBLEMS since the third day I owned it. The vehicle has a starting problem. I push the button and it does not. Sometimes it takes up to 15 mins for it to finally start after repeatedly pressing the button. I have received absolutely no satisfaction with the dealership. They don’t know how to fix the problem. One person there told me it was a known issue, others are saying they’ve never seen this problem. This non-start issue has continued to this day, 5 months later. I find it very irresponsible that they are selling vehicles their technicians do not know how to fix. This is a safety issue. If I had an emergency and needed to get in my vehicle and go, there is a good chance it would not start and that is RIDICULOUS!

Over the last month more problems have started. The vehicle does not always reverse when shifted into reverse, then not moving at all when shifted back to drive. It takes several turn off and turn back on attempts to get it to move again. The R on the shifter panel flashes. This has almost created large accidents when I have been in traffic situations but couldn’t move because my vehicle is trash. The air conditioner also does not turn on from time to time and the radio volume does not adjust. I have opened several cases with Jeep customer service and was told an Account Manager would get back to me. I never was contacted. I have been calling back to follow up for months. I have tried every way I know how to find a phone number to Jeep’s corporate office, or the office of FCA rather with no luck.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Bought a new JL Rubicon from the dealership. 4 days later the handle falls off. Took to dealership. Waited an hour for them to tell me they needed to order parts. Next day go back and they have wrong parts again. Of course after another hour wait. They couldn't even tell me when the parts will be in stock. Just that it's a new model so could take some time.

Original review: April 9, 2018

The jeep (2015 Jeep Cherokee) is currently in the shop for the second brake booster failure. The first one happened little over a year ago at 26k. This one just happened again at 44k. The dealership has had the vehicle for over a week, and they can't seem to get the problem fixed. Last Jeep we will ever own. Jeep customer service is of no use. Both times this thing went out, my son was in the back seat. At this point I have to question the overall safety of the vehicle.

Original review: April 7, 2018

My 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee is a piece of junk. It only has 70,000 miles. Over the last few years I have put all new brakes twice! All new tires, 2 radiators, complete computer panel that blew and almost killed my son and I. A new thermostat... etc! DO NOT BUY A Dodge! I drive 2 miles to work. Terrible car! Service charged me 900$ to replace the radiator.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018 Trailhawk from the Orange Park Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram Dealership aka DARSCARS OF JACKSONVILLE at 7233 Blanding Blvd (904) 777-5500 on October 21, 2017 under a three year lease agreement with ALLY AUTO FINANCE account ** (1-888) 925-2559. I noticed sometimes a slight hesitation when shifting the gearbox for which I did not give greater concern. I was satisfied with the car and its performance.

On March 30, 2018 with approximately 3700 miles I was at the Gateway Pistol and Rifle Range at 9301 Zambito Ave N in Jacksonville with my friend Charlie ** for pistol shooting. My car was parked outside of one of the steel sheds pointing into the shooting bay. When the rain started we decided to drive my car around and under the shed to load my car outside the rain. I took the car around but couldn't quite make it into the shed and had to back up. When shifting into reverse I heard a strange click and my friend told me later that my rear wheels started spinning, which they are not supposed to do.

When my car was in the right position my foot was still on the brake I shifted to "drive". At this moment the engine roared up and raced forward. I could not stop the car. I steered it into the next empty shooting bay in 1/2 circle into the backstop ending up at the wall which was damaged in the process. All front and side airbags were deployed. The car is presently in the hands of AAA who informed me on April 4, 2018 that my car is a total loss. I believe this is an obvious case of product liability under the lemon law statutes for Florida for which the manufacturer should be held responsible!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I wanted it reported as I see that this is affecting many many owners of this vehicle with the same issue but no recall has ever been issued. This is a safety issue as you cannot open the doors so if you were in a wreck you cannot access the handle to open the door. I contacted the Jeep company but they said no recall so will not repair.

Original review: March 29, 2018

When I bought this car, nobody told me if I don’t regularly drive long distance on the freeway the soot level will build up and the car breaks down and needs to be towed in for service. My commute is only 5 minutes so I don’t have any need to drive long distances over 60 mph as the car required. I have had it break down three times since 2015. Jeep is very clever at dodging my calls and I can’t get anywhere with them. They have about the worst customer service I’ve ever seen. I’ve been told now three years later the car is not a good match for my driving habits and I have to sell. The value has dropped 23k in the three years I’ve had it. I’ll never buy a Jeep again!

Original review: March 20, 2018

We purchased a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland in September 2017 with only 70,000 km on it. If we wanted extra warranty it was going to cost us an additional $4300 on top of the original purchase price of $32,000. The Dodge Dealership in Edmonton Alberta said the Jeep was all looked over and passed inspection. By November there was a electrical pull and killed the battery. That was $700. The computer information system acts up (locks us out so you cannot adjust anything, has the rear view camera come on when going down the highway forward etc.) and is way too expensive to fix. Now the air suspension rear has exploded, both bags!!! Another $2500 to add to the mix. The dealership now claims the transmission fluid need changing, the brake pads need to be done etc. We have been GM drivers for over 25 years and decided to try Dodge. We are never going to drive a Dodge again once we can repair and sell this poorly built vehicle.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I leased a 2017 Jeep Renegade. Since August 2017 this vehicle has failed to start every time and has been in and out of the shop for more than 40 cumulative days. I am very disappointed in the vehicle and at this point accepted the fact that the vehicle is unreliable. The vehicle has had numerous parts replaced by the dealer (eg. harness, fuel injectors, brake switch, etc). I want other people to know what experience I have had as this has not been a fun ride.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I have a 2011 Jeep Liberty Limited. I change oil and everything as required. I noticed it having a little tick in 2015 and took it dealership but it wouldn’t do it on the test drive. Then again in 2016 and they said it was AC kicking in. Well it was a sign of a major problem. It wanted stalled out on me after an hour and in cold weather and then at 140k miles and cold weather engine would not go over 30 mph. Had coil and sensors and plugs change out still didn’t want to get good mileage of take off. Then it started smoking and it was a gasket at 150500 miles. As good as I am with this engine it cost $4000 to put new gasket and catalytic converter on it. Never buy a Jeep again! The engine still wants to die on me but too upside down to trade it in now.

Original review: March 9, 2018

I have a 2009 Jeep Liberty, 2 weeks after I drove it off the lot I noticed that the heater was not working. Took it in and the heater core had blown. Since I had this Jeep it has blown 4 times!!! The dealership (Suncoast located in Florida) and manufacturer will not help with the repairs. How can the same thing malfunction 4 times? How could they not help with the repairs of a part that has malfunctioned 4 times? I was sold a lemon! And will never purchase another Jeep again.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I bought a Jeep in October (2017), not from this location but this is where I brought my car in for repairs. FIRST I NEED TO SAY WARRANTY ISN'T COVERING A WARRANTABLE FIX - let me tell you a bit first... I was leaving for work last Saturday, 3/3/18, and my CV axle/ball joint malfunctioned. I bought my 2015 Jeep Renegade from Centennial location called Prestige Jeep... location (where I will leave a review next) and it was pre-owned. I don't know if this malfunction is due to the vehicle's prior use (clean Carfax though) or due to a bad joint. There were plenty of other Jeep recalls on front drive axles since 2015. Anyhow, I have drive to and from all of my patients' homes, (full-time nurse) and to and from UNLV (full-time student at 18 units!!!!!) and twice to the grocery store and gas each month.

That's where I have drive. This is a 2015 Renegade with 14,675 miles on it and the axle/ball joint is malfunctioning and the vehicle is undrivable. I bought extended warranty but don't waste your time and money doing that because not even the Jeep original warranty (5 years/60k miles) won't cover it. Lol and they had the NERVE at the SAHARA location to call me while my vehicle is sitting in their lot unfixed and ask me if I'm interested in purchasing another Jeep LOL!!! UM ** NO. I'M NOT BUYING ANOTHER JEEP OR ANYTHING UNDER THE UMBRELLA OF JEEP/CHRYSLER.

Jeep Company Information