3.9/5 (332 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Jeep

Jeeps is an American car manufacterer that is best known for their sport utility and off-road vehicles. Read reviews for their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Jeep Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

My Grand Cherokee is one of the best vehicles I've had. The seats could be a lot better far as comfort and the replacement parts are expensive. But I like the design of the whole car in general. My Jeep has been great. Just keep up the maintenance on your vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I currently own two Jeep vehicles. One I purchased new is a 2013 Grand Cherokee. It has been the most dependable, reliable, stylish vehicle that I’ve owned. Jeep has stood behind any issues I’ve had, which have been few. My second Jeep is a 2018 Wrangler Sport that I purchased used with 8,000 miles and under warranty. It’s also a great vehicle, easy to tow behind my motorhome, and fun to drive on adventures. I’ve had no issues at all with it.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2021

I've now owned five Jeeps. Two Grand Cherokees and three Wranglers (two JK models and one JL model). While I've had a hiccup or two, Jeep has been great about making things right and the vehicles have been reliable. The reliability and versatility have kept me a loyal Jeep customer. Recently, and unfortunately, we were the victims of an F-250 Super Duty red light running hit-and-run driver that hit us and ran totaling the vehicle with only 4980 miles. Me, my wife, daughter, and son, all walked away the kids with zero injuries and my wife and I with minimal airbag related injuries. To say I am thankful is an understatement. I'm so bummed that I lost so much of what I invested in my Jeep and am having trouble finding a replacement, but at the end of the day, we all walked away from a collision that had we been in a smaller vehicle, there would have likely been severe injuries or even death. Thank you Jeep!

Original review: April 12, 2021

I have owned several Jeeps. Affordable 4 wheel drive vehicles, many options available, no shortage of available dealerships if in need of service. I love them for winter driving. Very stable and sturdy on snow or ice. Many options for purchasing.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Berthod Motors in Glenwood Springs, CO and its corporate affiliates left my wife and I stranded for the holidays. After having paid out of pocket for a PCM replacement on our Jeep Grand Cherokee that also fried our battery and alternator last December, my Jeep began exhibiting the same issues as before at the beginning of this December. The PCM failed and fried a battery. I contacted Berthod Motors only to be told that while the part was still under warranty, it would be 2 weeks before a mechanic could even look at our vehicle to assess if it was truly the PCM that had failed again. Without option, we booked an appointment.

I had our Jeep towed to Berthod the night before our scheduled appointment. The day of the appointment came and went with 0 contact from the dealership, although I had tried to call and left multiple messages. I had been left with no idea that the vehicle had even made it to the dealership. I was finally contacted by the service manager the following day saying that it was in fact a PCM failure, but due to not having one in stock, it would be another week before the repair would be made. It has now been 2 weeks with no end in sight.

After once again not being contacted by Berthod Motors with an update to the status of the repair, I stopped in and was informed that the PCM is on backorder. The EARLIEST that the part could be available is mid January, 6 weeks after the vehicle broke down due to a faulty part being installed by Jeep. I was told by Jason, the service manager, that his hands were tied as far as not being able to make the repair any quicker or providing a rental car in between. Jason directed me to Jeep's direct customer service to see if they could be any help. I contacted Jeeps Corporate customer service line on Monday of this week. I explained my wife and I’s situation to the representative and while she was very kind, she informed me that she would have to escalate the situation and that she didn’t have the resources to actually help.

It took another 48 hours for a different representative to call. Without hesitation the representative told my wife and I that there isn’t even a chance that Jeep would be willing to help us with a rental car and we would be so lucky to get the replacement PCM any quicker than what we were quoted from Berthod. This will be my wife and I’s last vehicle from General Motors. My wife, a teacher, has been a huge fan of Jeep since she has had her driver’s license. She has personally financed over 5 different models of Jeep Cherokees since our marriage. Already last week she suggested that we move over to a more dependable brand such as Toyota after this debacle.

As a plumber in this valley, I could never stay in business, let alone stay employed if this is how I treated my clients. I would never think of or have the audacity to install a faulty part in a client's home and then leave them without water or heat after the part failed. Regardless of backordered parts. This has truly been one of the worst examples of customer care that I have seen in my life. This review will be updated as the situation progresses.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Owned car since July 2021. Today 11-4-21 it sits in shop again for bad Uconnect screen/controls. No reliable screen means no climate control, radio, nav, phone connection. Service appointments are 3-4 weeks out and they won’t fix it. No loaners. Nightmare and I’m not sure based on documented visits they aren’t trying to avoid lemon law issues. Won’t say it’s same issue on paperwork???

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I leased 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4xe couple months back from Stoneridge (Livermore) where started facing an issue with hybrid sign at odometer after couple months. Meanwhile, I went to close by dealership i.e. ELK Grove Jeep where they recognized or analyzed an issue with electric wiring needs to replace because those got burned out due to engineering or mechanical issue. Beside, they gave an estimate first for 1 week from fixation perspective and now they are keep on ignoring since September 2021.

Moreover, I also talked to Jeep Customer service and also raised the case includes escalation where case Manager is careless as well and not responsive because they never reached out to me even single time about the status or any feedback. I'm literally fed up and stressed because they are harassing and ignoring customer instead of helping. Also, I requested them that my health is not good and I can't bear stress due to lung infection after covid19 impact but I want to state here on public side as well and manifest there carelessness about team services. Please, help me to resolve my matter asap otherwise Ii need to step-up for case filiation. Thanks & Regards.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

7/1/21 I was in a terrible car accident on the interstate. 28k damage to my Jeep Wrangler! I had no airbags nor did my seatbelts lock, we were violently thrown into dash, my husband has facial fractures even. Jeep did a inspection and denies any liability. So never ever spend 45k on a jeep wrangler unless it your preferred coffin!

Original review: June 24, 2021

I purchased my 2014 Hero Latitude in Oct 2015. I have had nothing but issues with this vehicle. I purchased it with a little over 35 thousand miles. I have had a new transmission in about Feb or March in 2016. I have had a transmission mount replaced I. 2017 and another in -Oct 2020. I have had the shifter replaced or repaired about 2016. I’m having an issues once again with the shifter. I have had the throttle replaced in 2020. I current have over 76 thousand miles on my vehicle because I’m too afraid to drive too far. I will not even take a road trip for that reason.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I have 2 Jeeps. One is a 2012 Jeep Patriot that has minor issues that haven't cost a ton. The other is a 2017 Jeep Compass that has had major financial issues recently. I have an extended warranty on the 2017 Jeep as I bought it used. I took it to my local Jeep dealership when it started hesitating and engine lights went on. They claimed it was a spark plug, maintenance issue that cost me over 500 dollars.

Then less than 2 months later same issues same lights on. I took it back to dealership and they diagnosed it with a throttle body problem that was going to cost me an additional 700 dollars (not under warranty). I towed it away but had to pay the 130 for the diagnostic problem they should have seen/fixed the first time. My 2012 Jeep has a 4wd light on ever since I took it to same dealership to fix a recall problem. My honest mechanic said the dealership pinched the wires when they fixed the recall problem. I will never buy another Jeep or go back to Newport Jeep for anything.

Jeep Company Information