2.95/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

Jeep

Jeeps is an American car manufacterer that is best known for their sport utility and off-road vehicles. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

779 Jeep Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Particulate filter, catalytic converter, broken grommet, etc. - I am going on day 70 without my Jeep Grand Cherokee. 3 months of payments, no car. 3 months of Sirius radio payments, no car. Have heard the part is on back order for many months-Today called the Chrysler number and he said he sent messages but the service tech hasn't responded. 1st they put a new employee on my case. TWO days on the job. Come on guys. Really? Not fair to him or me. 2nd His response: “I will call the dealer and see if the part is there.” Duh dude-NO it is not there. (Oh wait, they forgot to give it to the tech). Then we had a tremendous exhaust leak into the cabin of my car. Car smoking like crazy. How do I file for Lemon Law?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Bought the car in 2003, a year old. I wanted a good road car for work and a Jeep for weekends. This car was and is both. Very little trouble. 160,000 miles on original motor and transmission. A few minor problems but overall a great car. Really a great highway car and also great for camping. If the weather is really bad the dog and I can sleep in the back. I am writing because I see that Land Rover has a line of dog accessories. I rescue old, sick dogs, no one else wants. They are nice dogs and we have a good time. As they get old it gets harder for them to get in the Jeep. I cannot find a ramp that they like. I put cheap AstroTurf in the back and would not mind buying a mat that fit. I guess that is it. Happy customer.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

The retractable roof broke and will not close completely... Contacted the dealer and was told it would take a month to get the pieces... That month is now going on five... Was given a number by the dealership to call and put in a complaint. Now I have a case number and a woman who calls me every week telling me they are working on rectifying the problem. I was told today that they are unable to make the replacement pieces at this time because the "mold" for the piece was lost... So now they are in the process of trying to find a manufacturer to make the "mold" to make the piece... then make sure it is safe for the public. REALLY... I call BS. They need to take this car back and return my money. This cannot be legal.

I am making car payments on a car I cannot drive safely... Do they not realize God forbid someone drives their car like this and gets into an accident and is ejected from the car and dies because of a faulty roof. Lawsuits up the butt... This is just ridiculous. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER JEEP EVER. This is such bad business on their part... and I will tell anyone who listens to me to never ever buy a Jee. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: July 24, 2018

After having a tiny fender bender, or flair bender in this case my car needed to have some minor work done. After waiting a month for parts I decided I was tired of waiting. I was going to be proactive and go above the body shop to see if I could get any help. After contacting several dealers who could not answer the simplest questions about the parts, I decided to call Jeep on my own. I used both the listed contact email and phone number from their website. After being put on intergalactic hold on 1st call, hung up on when I asked to speak to a mgr on the 2nd call, the third call and 3 hours of time actually let me start a case claim. I was told their “excellent “ customer service dept would get back to me within 48 hrs. That’s not excellent when you are having issues that have already taken a month to be addressed. I have to be honest when I say I couldn’t wait the 48 hrs and called back after 24.

Again given a scripted runaround statement or “FACTS” as they called it and told that I could keep waiting for my case person to contact me but they were not going to tell me anything different than what she did. Her name was SHAY and she supposedly is the end all be all of customer service at Jeep. She has no boss, no training personnel, or any other contact information to give you. No way to even report the fact that she was extremely belittling. So that’s it! Final answer! Do not pass go do not collect 200 bucks. So in short I have been left in a perpetual waiting period, for some parts out there in the universe.

They may come in they may not. And as for as Jeep is concerned I don’t think they care one bit if you were happy with your purchase, happy with their customer service or about you at all. They will NOT stand behind their brand, or give you any assistance once you drive that car off the lot. I’d be happy to speak with anyone at Jeep other than the call center people who I feel were not only unhelpful but downright rude... But I’m not holding my breath.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I ordered a Trackhawk when they became available and received it November 29th and was present when it rolled off the truck. It has been everything I expected. It is quick, reliable, very well constructed inside and out. My wife and I took it on a road trip from Kansas City to Seattle area and back and really enjoyed the way it performed and handled. Very easy to drive and use all of the options. It is sure footed in poor road conditions and easy to drive in traffic. This is the ultimate sleeper vehicle. I also own a 15 Viper which is also fun and more than capable of outperforming almost anything on the road and also well put together.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Original review: July 16, 2018

My 2016 Jeep Renegade shut off while driving home from work at 9:30pm. It was dark and raining. There was no shoulder to even coast too. I could have been injured if I got hit. I am scared to death to drive my Jeep because I’m terrified this will happen again. Turns out there was no oil in Jeep. Why? I ask. I just had an oil change not even 700 miles ago. I’m already down a quart or more so now what?

Original review: June 28, 2018

My 2006 Jeep Commander is nice and big with 3rd row seat. Great for my big family. Has enough room for everyone to have drinks. I like that my daughter can charge her phone in the 3rd row seat. Leg space for everyone is also good. Overall a very good buy and I am very pleased with it. It has everything I was looking for. If I ever have to buy another car I will be sure to get another Jeep Commander.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I just bought the Jeep Liberty a few weeks ago. I like its automatic windows, 4 wheel drive and the back opens up either just the glass or the glass and the door. And the door actually opens up to the side not downward. However, I would change the outer appearance. I wish the body shape wasn't so round and compact. I don't like the super boxy look either but somewhere between this style and the boxy style would be perfect. But other than that, I love this vehicle. It's a 2006 with 141,000 miles on it, runs like a champ and looks like it's brand new practically.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Jeep Compass is good on gas. I am glad I picked this type of car. It is reasonably priced for an SUV. It has great stereo and the speakers work well. I like the Bluetooth that came with it. It's nice to be hands free. Moreover, the air conditioning works great. The Compass is great, but I wish it had more leg room and reverse camera. It would be a great safety feature. Also, I'd like it if the front window and side front windows had a bit more tint.

Original review: June 26, 2018

With less than 3,000 miles my trans (2018 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4) malfunctioned while on the expressway. I lost all power to the engine. Thankfully I was able to exit safely. Towed for service to the dealership. Valve body harness replaced and said it was good to go. Driving home from the dealership it wasn't shifting correctly and eventually had no gears at all and need to be towed back the next day. My car got a new transmission. The next problem was the front windows wouldn't roll down. Back for service, a corroded module inside the door was the problem. No explanation as to how or why this happened other than it must of been installed that way.

Picked up car the next day and while driving home my HVAC would not switch modes, and the navigation system came up without prompting, returned within 10 minutes from pick up and back in for service. It's been in the repair shop 4x in less than a month and currently in for a week today with latest electrical issue. Thankfully my service department is backing me when I say this car needs to be taken back and I'm currently working with my dealership to make this happen. I have zero confidence in its dependability and am afraid to drive it.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I've always owned cars and I love SUVs. This Jeep Liberty has good gas mileage but had horrible suspension. Engine had to be replaced ball joints twice and locks keep malfunctioning. It does go good in the winter and four wheel drive is tricky but when you get it it works good. Price and the body style was also nice. It is roomy, convenient and I like the color, too. But a CD player, better engines and a better suspension would be nice. And fix the four wheel drive as well.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I've had an overall decent experience. I don't love the Jeep but it's reliable enough. The Jeep's design and features are very appealing. It has heated seats, a sunroof, a lot of extras, and it's nice to look at. There are also chrome rims. It connects my phone through the radio too. It's durable but I bought it certified from the dealer and as soon as the warranty expired I feel like I keep having to replace parts. I've had a lot of little mechanical issues go wrong as well. Also, when my teenagers sit in the back there isn't much leg room and I can't seem to have enough space to bring things. Our leather seats also get cold in the winter, and have some tiny tears now.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Jeep has always been a reliable brand and I love my Renegade. The interior is super roomy and very comfortable. This model also includes a fair amount of cargo space. The only features missing from this particular model are no hatchback and its lack of a cargo hitch. It'd be quite useful to be able to haul a small trailer if need be, as we have motorcycles that sometimes need hauled. But other than that, the safety features are great. As a parent, it makes me much more confident knowing my daughter is the safest she can be. The Jeep Renegade drives very smooth and it's a comfort to know that when the weather turns snowy, that 4-wheel drive can save you.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I was very disappointed cause my Jeep needs a new engine. It has a blown head gasket after 3 months of me owning it and the seller cut the 4 wheel drive shaft out. I wish I could have brought it to a garage to have it looked over cause then I would have had the opportunity to say no or gotten it cheaper or had the seller fix it. He just plainly ripped me off for like 2000. It's just not worth putting that kind of money in it. I also didn't like the center console. It has the window controls there instead of by the window like on the door panel. Even so, I liked the fact that it was an SUV but wasn't huge. It had plenty of space and seemed to have run great. Was also pretty easy to work on and maintain but I didn't really get to drive it all that much.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have great experience with my Jeep Compass. Good on gas, handles well in bad weather, it is a four cylinder engine, and comfortable. Get good gas mileage and parts are fairly affordable, too. It has heated seats, also has four wheel drive, very roomy for size of vehicle, has built in CD player and design is with customer comfort in mind, overall appearance of the vehicle catches the eye and it has a smaller engine which is fuel economy but has the power to get thru anything. However, the Jeep should have a bigger trunk or storage area or should come with a compartment on top of rack for better storage of road side equipment and car maintenance.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I purchased a 2017 Jeep Renegade in April 2018. The car died on me and shut itself down while in motion 3 times. The car was diagnosed with a fuel pump issue. I have now been without my vehicle for 3 weeks and the part will not be released for at least another 3. Jeep will not provide me with a loaner or rental until my vehicle is repaired and if I pay for one myself I won't be reimbursed. So basically buying a Jeep with a manufacturer defect is just my bad luck. Customer service at Jeep has been condescending and frustrating. I will never again buy a Jeep and will inform everyone of my problems with the car and the company.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I love my Jeep Renegade but I wish it had more features. The dealer did not know anything about the Jeep and was very misleading. I was upset once I signed the paperwork. I should've test drive it as well. Don't have Uconnect and the dealer led me to believe I would. I also would improve the price. I still think I was paying for the name Jeep and overpaid on the car. Nevertheless, having a Remote start is by far the best. I Love starting it 10 mins before I leave in the morning remotely. I also love power windows and having tire pressure gauges.

Original review: June 20, 2018

This is the first Jeep product I have owned and so far, I am really happy with my purchase. The Jeep dealership was super. Great service and friendly staff. I can see all of my future vehicle purchases being Jeep products also. My only problem I have encountered is that my kids are way too close to me and each other. I'm used to a minivan and the distance between us makes long drive a more bearable. Lol. But other than that, I like that the Jeep Renegade is at a very fair price. I also like the touchscreen stereo, which is standard in most vehicles these days but still appealing to me.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My Jeep Patriot is good and reliable. I drive easily to work every day, over 50 miles, and get around on my rural gravel roads, which can get really wet or slick in the winter and spring, and don't always get plowed quickly. Plus they are hilly, so I need 4 wheel drive often after bad weather. The engine is good, but not very powerful. I would like to feel a bit more power when I press the gas pedal. I also got bigger tires for my jeep, as the original tires were kind of small, and I wanted more powerful looking tires. Other than that, I like that it's an SUV, a 4 wheel drive, has lots of room in hatch, leather seats and is comfortable. I really wanted a Jeep, as I had a Jeep in the past that I loved, with the classic Jeep look.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I love my Jeep Patriot. It is extremely reliable, and in wonderful condition. Since my car is front wheel drive, it is common for my front tires to skid in the rain if going at a fast speed. I love the color of my vehicle, and the shape of it. The trunk of my car is very spacious, I am able to fit a lot of things back there. Also, the back seat of my car is spacious. I enjoy having cloth seats because it is hot where I live, and leather seats would burn me. The only complaint I have in regards to my vehicle would be concerning the middle seat in the back row. It is uncomfortable to sit in that seat because there is not much space to put your legs. Sometimes I wish the car was a little more technologically updated, but other times I love the simplicity of my car. Less technology, less problems.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The Jeep Compass has proved to be good. I have not had any issues with the make or model of the car. The crossover style is good for my current lifestyle and needs. The seats fold in to create extra space for moving or transporting large items. It also allows me to have space and to feel safer on the road because of the size. I dislike the radio that it came with initially. However a new one could be installed easily enough with the proper tools. I also dislike the handles on the backseat doors as they are a little hard to open.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The Jeep Patriot is by far one of the best vehicles we have owned. It gets great gas mileage and does awesome in snow. This past Christmas my family went to visit family in Jamestown NY and ran into blizzard like conditions and if it wasn't for the 4 wheel drive I don't know what we would have done. The Patriot had no problems getting us through the snow storm. We like the 4 wheel drive. It gets up and goes with no problems. There's plenty of room for the family and groceries. We like all the other features as well. But we find it hard to look both ways when there's a passenger or you're by yourself and it's hard to see down the road cause of the door frame. Other than that we don't have any complaints. My family loves the Patriot and was sad to hear that they are stop making them.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My Jeep Liberty has been a safe, reliable vehicle that has required only routine maintenance. It's got a great capacity in the rear for its size. Convenient when I've bought small furniture items. I also like the four-wheel drive. We could tow this car behind our RV, and it would support the lift for my husband's mobility scooter without dragging. However, the seats could be more comfortable.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have had my 2013 Jeep Patriot for almost 5 years now. I like this car because it gets good gas mileage, it has a satellite radio, heated seats, heated mirrors and radio controls on the steering wheel. Also it has a sunroof that I enjoy a lot. I like almost everything about my Jeep Patriot. The only thing I dislike a little is that it is a bit hard to tell how close you are getting to objects. But other than that, it has been a very reliable vehicle and all I have had to do is have it serviced.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Check engine light is a problem and after going to the dealership and paying 500+ to fix the problem, it still came on. I like the car overall but the remote start feature is deactivated when check engine light is on. The radio also doesn't have CD player and only plays sat radio or iPod/phone. The gas mileage isn't that great and could be better. Also, most of the repairs are very costly. Nevertheless, I like the look and color of the vehicle. It has heated seats and remote start which was what I was looking for in a vehicle. The sunroof is an added benefit as well.

Original review: May 9, 2018

The Jeep Patriot Sport is not very good as to being soundproof, the lower seating panel is poor quality, broken off on driver and passenger side while getting off and onto seat, sluggish when pulling off. I would not advise friends and family to purchase this vehicle at all.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I bought this Jeep Liberty six years ago used. The car had a little more than one hundred fifty thousand miles on it. Now it's over one hundred ninety thousand miles on it. Great car and good gas mileage. I just got lucky and got a great running vehicle.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I liked this car (Jeep Liberty 2012) more the first year than I do now. I bought it in 2013 for 17,000. I have it serviced every year and this year it cost me over 700 because the brakes were worn. I don't like the steering. But I have arthritis, so that may be the reason why it's hard for me. I plan on trading it in this spring.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I love my little Jeep Liberty. I live in an area where there is a lot of snow in winter and the hills are very steep. It is such a trooper, making it up and down those roads!

Original review: May 1, 2018

Jeep Liberty runs great and fun to drive. Great styling and large cargo area. Good visibility and all around vehicle. However a little noisy. But it is a little older model, New ones may be quieter.

Jeep Company Information