3.3/5 (1871 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

About Jeep

Jeeps is an American car manufacterer that is best known for their sport utility and off-road vehicles. Read reviews for their models:

Ready for a new vehicle?

Take advantage of high trade in values today with Carvana!

Get your offer

Jeep Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Original review: June 23, 2022

I have 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L that was bought back in January of 2022 drove it up til April 17th. My wife was pulling of a parking lot and the transmission went into limp mode. Had it towed to the dealership 3 days later got it back and they said they did software updates. Drove it for a week and while my whole family was in it and taking a turn from a stop sign when they got up to 15mph it through itself in park and the transmission clicked loudly. Had it towed again to the dealership where it sat there for 56 days before getting it back with a new transmission.

I called Jeep customer service several times and got a case manager involved. I only heard from her one time on May12th. I have asked for the vehicle to be bought back under Lemon Law which states that if your vehicle is in the shop for 30 days or more within the first year or same defect of the vehicle at least 3 times they buy it back. I would have to say I will never buy another FCA unit again. The dealership had no communication with me nor did the FCA customer service. When I called to talk to a supervisor they would never send me to one or have one call me back. The dealership didn’t want me to take back my vehicle on a 3 1/2 hr trip because they didn’t want me to break down again. So either they aren’t sure it was the transmission or they aren’t sure the new one will hold up.

Original review: June 10, 2022

We recently bought a 2022 Jeep Gladiator, after four days of owning it problems started. It has been at Kindle dealership (cmch) numerous times and every time they tell us it's fixed it's not. They have replaced numerous parts and still having issues. The dealership itself is awful and I'm upset we even chose to go there. Service is awful, they never answer phones, rude customer service, and absolutely no respect or concern for our situation. JEEP says they started the buy back but it's going nowhere.

My husband is getting deployed in two weeks, we are moving to a new state with four kids and three animals. We needed this Jeep to help us with the move. How can service be so bad? How can you expect people to drop a massive amounts of money on vehicles that don't work or even give them the service they deserve. This has been so stressful for us and not to mention financial hardship. We are paying for a brand new broken vehicle and having to get rentals twice now just so we can function as a large family.

Jeep needs to do better for their customers and I don't not recommend Kindle dealership at all. Please someone see this and light a fire under someone's butt. We leave in two weeks and my husband will be on a boat. I will not have time to deal with this on my own with everything else going on. Jeep you have a massive problem on your hands! Do something please!!!!

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Where do I begin. Long story short, I purchased a 2021 Jeep Gladiator which I started off loving. I've leased Acura's most of my life. Here we are today, not even a year later and my Gladiator has left me stranded on the Turnpike. It's still under warranty but it's as good as nothing. They towed it to 2 different dealers because first dealer was telling me that they will not have anyone to look at the Jeep until AFTER 30 days and no rentals/loaners available and second dealer told me same but they had a rental they could provide. Transmission was declared damaged. On a BRAND NEW Jeep. We can all say that we purchase nee vehicles to avoid problems like this right? Well, not in my case. I have never owned a brand new car, or even old cars; that have given me these issues.

I have been in contact with Jeep and no one there has been helpful at all. I keep getting that my case manager will call me back and no calls at all. I have called them 5 times today and have gotten re-routed to an incorrect department, 5 times today. Keep in mind that I am still paying a loan on this vehicle and that I am also paying for a very expensive MOPAR service that I am not even using. I would not recommend Jeep to my worst enemy!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I have waited 3 years for a dash pad to be replaced under warranty part was ordered then after 3 years manufacture canceled order still not completed. I have lost value. I cannot use my defrosters. Dash is pulling on air bag. Now vents are being pulled out. When I call customer service I get the run around. 1 Star too much for this review.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Bought a 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon in July of 2021 for $63,000. Within a few months rust started to form on top of the rear bumper around the mounting bolts and streaming a rust stain around the rear steel bumper. The dealer declined repairs so I contacted Jeep customer service and opened a case and claim. They also denied the claim stating the rust was from "outside influence" whatever that means. I am furious that they would let a simple repair like this leave a customer furious and hating the car because of this. There are several others online with similar issues and a class action suit has been launched. My theory is it shouldn't have to come to this when paying a TON of $ for this car. I am still willing to speak to Jeep about coming to an amicable outcome.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Berthod Motors in Glenwood Springs, CO and its corporate affiliates left my wife and I stranded for the holidays. After having paid out of pocket for a PCM replacement on our Jeep Grand Cherokee that also fried our battery and alternator last December, my Jeep began exhibiting the same issues as before at the beginning of this December. The PCM failed and fried a battery. I contacted Berthod Motors only to be told that while the part was still under warranty, it would be 2 weeks before a mechanic could even look at our vehicle to assess if it was truly the PCM that had failed again. Without option, we booked an appointment.

I had our Jeep towed to Berthod the night before our scheduled appointment. The day of the appointment came and went with 0 contact from the dealership, although I had tried to call and left multiple messages. I had been left with no idea that the vehicle had even made it to the dealership. I was finally contacted by the service manager the following day saying that it was in fact a PCM failure, but due to not having one in stock, it would be another week before the repair would be made. It has now been 2 weeks with no end in sight.

After once again not being contacted by Berthod Motors with an update to the status of the repair, I stopped in and was informed that the PCM is on backorder. The EARLIEST that the part could be available is mid January, 6 weeks after the vehicle broke down due to a faulty part being installed by Jeep. I was told by Jason, the service manager, that his hands were tied as far as not being able to make the repair any quicker or providing a rental car in between. Jason directed me to Jeep's direct customer service to see if they could be any help. I contacted Jeeps Corporate customer service line on Monday of this week. I explained my wife and I’s situation to the representative and while she was very kind, she informed me that she would have to escalate the situation and that she didn’t have the resources to actually help.

It took another 48 hours for a different representative to call. Without hesitation the representative told my wife and I that there isn’t even a chance that Jeep would be willing to help us with a rental car and we would be so lucky to get the replacement PCM any quicker than what we were quoted from Berthod. This will be my wife and I’s last vehicle from General Motors. My wife, a teacher, has been a huge fan of Jeep since she has had her driver’s license. She has personally financed over 5 different models of Jeep Cherokees since our marriage. Already last week she suggested that we move over to a more dependable brand such as Toyota after this debacle.

As a plumber in this valley, I could never stay in business, let alone stay employed if this is how I treated my clients. I would never think of or have the audacity to install a faulty part in a client's home and then leave them without water or heat after the part failed. Regardless of backordered parts. This has truly been one of the worst examples of customer care that I have seen in my life. This review will be updated as the situation progresses.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

My Grand Cherokee is one of the best vehicles I've had. The seats could be a lot better far as comfort and the replacement parts are expensive. But I like the design of the whole car in general. My Jeep has been great. Just keep up the maintenance on your vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Owned car since July 2021. Today 11-4-21 it sits in shop again for bad Uconnect screen/controls. No reliable screen means no climate control, radio, nav, phone connection. Service appointments are 3-4 weeks out and they won’t fix it. No loaners. Nightmare and I’m not sure based on documented visits they aren’t trying to avoid lemon law issues. Won’t say it’s same issue on paperwork???

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I currently own two Jeep vehicles. One I purchased new is a 2013 Grand Cherokee. It has been the most dependable, reliable, stylish vehicle that I’ve owned. Jeep has stood behind any issues I’ve had, which have been few. My second Jeep is a 2018 Wrangler Sport that I purchased used with 8,000 miles and under warranty. It’s also a great vehicle, easy to tow behind my motorhome, and fun to drive on adventures. I’ve had no issues at all with it.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I leased 2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4xe couple months back from Stoneridge (Livermore) where started facing an issue with hybrid sign at odometer after couple months. Meanwhile, I went to close by dealership i.e. ELK Grove Jeep where they recognized or analyzed an issue with electric wiring needs to replace because those got burned out due to engineering or mechanical issue. Beside, they gave an estimate first for 1 week from fixation perspective and now they are keep on ignoring since September 2021.

Moreover, I also talked to Jeep Customer service and also raised the case includes escalation where case Manager is careless as well and not responsive because they never reached out to me even single time about the status or any feedback. I'm literally fed up and stressed because they are harassing and ignoring customer instead of helping. Also, I requested them that my health is not good and I can't bear stress due to lung infection after covid19 impact but I want to state here on public side as well and manifest there carelessness about team services. Please, help me to resolve my matter asap otherwise Ii need to step-up for case filiation. Thanks & Regards.

Jeep Company Information