3.64/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Jeep

Jeeps is an American car manufacterer that is best known for their sport utility and off-road vehicles. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Jeep Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I bought my 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited in January 2018. Less than 2 years old.. My problem started around 16k miles. (I'm now at about 23k). Friday I go in for my 3rd consumption test. I'm burning oil. Getting to the "dangerous" part of the dipstick after 1000 miles, I didn't buy a new car so I have to babysit the oil level in it.. It's not the 1970's! Why should I burn 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles? Other newer cars can go 10k miles between oil changes, I feel duped and cheated. I also think there's something wrong with the low oil sensor, it only comes on when I take extreme turns and doesn't stay on. I'm busy with my eyes on the road taking the turn, not watching my dash.. I had to have a passenger point it out to me!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I bought my 2017 Jeep Compass brand new, the 8th month in I was driving on a busy street when my oil sensor went off and caused my car to slow to a stop and my steering wheel to stiffen. Mind you, the oil light went off 3 days prior and Jeep's response when I took it in? “It burns oil every 3k miles, this is normal according to their standards and that’s just a sensor”. Flash forward to a radio repair, back up camera repairs (needs to be replaced again) and multiple oil issues and it has now been declared a lemon. To say the process even with an attorney has been simple would be a lie. It has been a total nightmare to get Chrysler to take back THEIR defective vehicle. If you are looking for a car for yourself or family I would highly suggest doing your research and never, ever buy a Jeep/Chrysler vehicle. If I could rate 0 stars I would have.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I have had the radio in my Jeep replaced for the third time. I got a call from the dealership saying my new radio was in. I took my jeep in and had the radio replaced with the new one when I called XM to have it activated and the radio ID belong to a different name and address so it could not be activated because the radio ID belong to somebody else which means the radio was not new. It came out of another vehicle. I cannot believe this is the way that FCA does business and I’ve had to take my jeep then at least eight times for issues since I bought it new and I’ve had it for 13 months. I am never going to trust FCA again. I am going back to General Motors.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I paid $3000.00 for a lifetime warranty on my Jeep. I have never missed an oil change and I check all of my fluids but my Jeep Liberty does not have a dip stick for the transmission fluid. My transmission went out in my Jeep. I was so happy that I purchased the lifetime warranty until I took my jeep in and found out that they will not pay for my transmission because they said the oil pan rusted and the transmission fluid leaked out. The jeep dealership never mentioned any rust or leaks when I got my oil changed, there is no light that comes on on the dash to indicate low fluid and no dip stick to check the fluid. I paid an extra $3000 for that peace of mind but now I have to pay another $3000 for a new transmission.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I purchased my Sahara in Dec 2018. It was the first 2019 on the lot. I started having issues with my middle console latch. It was replaced until it broke again and I had to wait for Jeep to make a new part. Then I started having issues with my seat. The worse part comes March 2019 when I started to experience death wobble. Violent shaking of steering and the front end goes crazy after you hit any imperfection. This is on a stock vehicle.

They put a steering damper on it. Was told this is a band aid fix but I figured for the motor trend suv of the year the dealer knows what they are doing. Nope. Having the same issue. This time going 70 mph on the highway with my kids in the car. Almost had an accident. What does Jeep wanna do? Put another steering damper on it. They refuse to buy the car back so I’m stuck with a $50k car I can’t drive over 45 mph. Please please don’t purchase these cars. The FCA only will throw a band aid at it if they are threatened with a lawsuit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

My son purchased a used 2011 Jepp Liberty with the sky slider roof in 2017. The car was in excellent condition when we purchased it in 2017. Low miles, clean and in great running condition. However no one ever notified us of the horror that was about to happen with the sky slider roof. As cool as it looks and opens, the roof is a piece of garbage.

One warm summer night my son decided to open the roof to get some fresh air in the car only to find once he got home that the roof was never to close again. We tried and tried but to our dismay the roof would just not close. SO then the next step was to call Jeep. We just about got laughed at on the phone, with the service men telling us they no longer make the parts for the 2011 Jeep Liberty and basically we were screwed. Hmmm a 2011 and no parts. How can you explain that.

Now what do we do with this car??? We can not sell it, we can not trade it in, we ARE STUCK!!! Now we have contacted an auto body shop that can possibly take a roof from a Jeep Liberty with the same sky slider roof, that was in an accident and put it on my son's vehicle.... for $3,000 dollars. So now, my son still owes $7,000 on the car and we HAVE to invest another $3,000 just so he can drive the damn car. I will never ever buy another JEEP in my life. This car has been nothing but a headache and the Jeep dealers are horrific people.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I have a 2015 Jeep Rubicon with 30K miles. I have the Life time Mopar protection, which in the case does me no good. The Jeep stalls about 2 times a week. I have brought it in for this twice now and they say they cannot find anything wrong because when is stalls it does not send any codes to the computer. I called the factory and they said they can not do anything. At this point I am very frustrated and they cannot replicate the problem. I am not sure how much effort they put into it. I am no afraid of sending my daughter off to college with this Jeep. It is a really nice vehicle and cost a lot. Not sure what to do now.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I bought a 2018 Jeep Renegade August of 2018. This past year I have been paying for oil changes every 2500 miles or so. (Should be 5k with synthetic.) That's 116$ bill. I honestly thought the place I had doing my oil changes was gypping Me on oil. I took it to a few different places. After the vehicle started displaying oil pressure low on the screen and shut off, while on a major highway doing 57 mph with my 6 & 2 years old boys in the back. This happened a few times while driving.

A mechanic at Valvoline told me the renegades were having this issue and the engines are bad.. funny.. Would have been nice if Jeep or Chrysler had sent out a warning or recall! They knew this was happening and have ignored warning their good paying customers. So for the past YEAR I have been paying 721$ (on time!) a month for a vehicle that was a lemon, paying for twice as much oil, and being legitimately in harm's way every time my family and I got in this car.

They are replacing the engine. Have me a loaner for the week... I expressed how uncomfortable I am now driving this vehicle and everything that I've been through. And I'm sure the other countless renegade drivers out there with no idea! Jeep is just going to wait until someone gets fatally hurt to issue a recall on the engine. I will not be dismissed. That's what they keep doing! When I call Jeep or go to the dealership. I am a person, this is my hard earned money and I will NOT BE IGNORED. I hope people see this and get their car checked. I want to be heard. You wronged me. Get it together Chrysler Jeep!!!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Finance manager screwed up our lease so bad that he had to drive to Rockford to have us re-sign a new lease. He processed the original and didn’t send in the new one. I had been making payments on the account number I received and not the one he sent in. In the end, we ended up with 5 inquiries on our credit score, a new alias as he misspelled my last name, dealing with proving my payments with bank statements, a harassing phone call from the dealership wanting payment over the phone, a repossession notice/Chrysler saying we were current, and a GM that wouldn’t return our calls. Luckily, Chrysler Finance has been the only one that has been helpful and straightened things out for us.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I have had nothing but issues since I leased my Jeep Renegade in 2016. The most recent issues required for a part to be replaced, that was already replaced a year ago; as well as a second new replacement of a different part. I took the car back and forth 6 times in one month and the car had less than 30,000 miles on it. I contacted Jeep asking them to terminate my lease (10 months remaining) and they refused because it didn't meet the Lemon Law for the State of Massachusetts. They rather have me in an unsafe and unreliable car than do what is right for the customer and try to keep a Brand loyal customer. I will never drive a Jeep ever again. I would NEVER recommend Jeep to any friends or family.

Jeep Company Information