Jeep

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I bought a 2016 Jeep Patriot a year ago this month. Since the day we drove it off of the lot the XM Satellite Radio has not worked properly. It loses the signal every 1/2 mile or so and fades in and out constantly while driving, and it doesn't matter if we're in town or out in the middle of nowhere. I have complained and had it in the shop repeatedly for this problem and all I ever get is lied to and called a liar because they can't duplicate the problem, even though I've shown them no less than four videos of the radio losing its signal. My wife finally took the service manager at our dealership on a ride-along and proved to him that the radio is a piece of junk, to which he agreed. Corporate still WILL NOT REPLACE THE RADIO with one that actually WORKS.

Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram SUCKS! I have own three brand new Hyundais, all with XM, and NOT ONE SINGLE PROBLEM, EVER! We have a so-called Case Manager from Uconnect who is about as worthless as ** on a boar hog. He whines that he's not authorized to have the radio replaced. Then why has he been wasting my time, dragging me down to the dealership time and again only to be told Im a liar and they cant help me. I may have an arbitration agreement that I was forced to sign, but it only precludes class-action suits. Im getting my own lawyer and I am going to sue Jeep under Nevadas Lemon Law. And its going to cost them a whole lot more than a radio by the time its over. Also, I will NEVER buy another Jeep, or anything else this fly-by-night outfit makes. Screw buying American, I'm going back to the Koreans for my next ride.

The vehicle (2014 Jeep Latitude) is not worth the money. I drove it off the lot and immediately had issues with the transmission shifting hard. Took it back. They said it was because it was new. 16,000 miles later had to put a new transmission in. Today took it in because it's still shifting hard and was told "All the motor mounts are bad and need replacing. We are still working on trying to do the updates to the computer for the transmission. We will let you know." Never again will I buy a Jeep!! Nothing but issues with the transmission and other stuff. Oh yea I have taken it in many times on the AC not working. You will be driving and all of a sudden it will start heating. They still haven't fixed that issue. Nothing but junk and oh yea the power train doesn't cover the motor mounts. That's 1300.00 that I have to pay outta pocket. This should be on their dime for all the trouble I have had with this piece of crap!!! Don't buy one. You will regret it in the long run!!

2017 Jeep (4 Cyl) - Rented one from Enterprise while on vacation and drove it about 200 mi over three days in San Fran and Napa. Flat out not bad but has so little power on hills (drive back roads of Napa/Sonoma that it had less power than the K cars of the 80's which had 110 HP engines). I mean on steep hills, floored you couldn't get more than 25 MPH. Door locks did not work so had to press them down by hand and car had overall cheap feel to it. Would never buy one and if this is what AMC is turning out, it's back to the 50's for that car company. Oh, the noise inside is about the same as take off in a 727!

I have never had as many issues with a brand new car as I have with used cars. All my previous cars I bought used can put well over 150,000 miles on them and never had any issues except regular maintenance. I decided to buy a brand new jeep and have only owned it 2 years. Nothing but issues, and no help when I take it in to get it fixed. I keep trying to tell them my transmission is slipping, but they keep telling me it’s just the computer. Definitely not... Jeep sucks as a manufacture and business. Horrible customer service.

Jeep Cherokee Latitude battery/electrical failure. I switch all lights to NOT turn on when getting in and out of car. However, at 8,000 miles I've needed 3 jumps within 24 hours. This is first American car I've bought in 20 years. BIG mistake. I'm making less money than I did when 30 years old. Now, 59 considered "overqualified" for a US job which Visa illegals are obtaining the PROFESSIONAL JOBS now. I'm in HR/Recruiting so I see it first hand. I'm living in the back of the Jeep Cherokee to keep up payments and credit. Only working part-time on 1099 because companies won't hire full-time and pay benefits for someone over 50. I bought the NEW car to avoid issues of used car because I'm sleeping in the back of the Jeep. But, big mistake buying American car: NEW or USED.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Had a 97 that I still miss. I hate that Jeep understands their mistakes and recalls but push it with manufacturing the recall parts in the hopes people will sell their Jeeps to the next ignorant owner. I just got my airbag recall dealt with after years of the part not being available on my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee and did sell my 1997 with total disclosure to the airbag recall and stalling out while doing 60 on the highway!

I am very disappointed in the Jeep product. The past 2 Jeeps we have had have had problems before 42,000 miles. The 2015 Jeep Compass had a transmission issue at 21,000 miles. When it was tested, the dealership said nothing was wrong because the computer did not record the issue. We were stranded on the highway in limp mode on vacation! We traded it in because we did not feel safe. These should have been recalled because I see more and more reviews online with the same issue.

The 2016 Jeep Cherokee also has issues. At 42,000 miles, the battery is not holding a charge because the battery sensor is damaged plus the battery cables are damaged. How did that become damaged? We have had issues with the start and stop for a month before it almost left my husband stranded. Luckily, he broke down at home. It costs and arm and a leg to repair this even though the part online is under $100. I feel as if Jeep is taking us for a ride. We will never buy their product again and will trade this in as soon as we can because we do not feel safe in it. BUYER BEWARE! This product used to have a quality name. Now, it needs some serious quality control before being sold off the lot. We feel scammed.

I bought my first 2014 Jeep Overland and within 3 years my Jeep would just die while driving. Took the vehicle in and they could never figure out what was wrong. I drove it for a couple more months and the same thing would happen that I eventually was so scared to drive my vehicle, more so with my grandkids in the car that I decided to trade it in for another Jeep. I really like the look and feel of the Jeep that I just thought I had a lemon and would buy a new one.

So I buy a brand new 2017 Jeep Summit. Has 2000 miles on it and now this one starts to shift gears when it is coasting or coming to a complete stop. I now have been told I need a new transmission in my Jeep. Just so frustrating and really sad that I now have gone through 2 brand new vehicles with Jeep! My dealer has been very reasonable with helping me. I know it is not their fault but what is happening to the Jeep. Wish I would have learned the first time!!

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM them! I bought a brand new 2015 Jeep Cherokee and it has already given me two major problems! Mind you my Jeep hasn't even hit 33K miles. The first problem was a transmission problem and the second, a defective shifter! I have not only had to deal with an unsafe vehicle but the terrible customer service! The people who work here are very unknowledgeable and the last guy I talked to was very rude and implied I was a liar because he kept saying "He'd check the last phone call" because he didn't believe I had been told my rental car would be reimbursed. It has been an awful experience dealing with this agency and the only advice I have to say is do your research before buying any Jeeps because you'll probably end up dealing with defective cars and horrible customer service!

I always wanted a Jeep, so finally got my Grand Cherokee Overland 3.0L diesel, year 201 model, used but in good condition like new, it was only 55 000 km on odometer, excellent car it was, silent, powerful, good off-road features. And year later it all started, just after I changed brake discs on 70 000km suddenly appeared strange hammering noise in engine, so I went to official dealer with this and they said it's a engine problem and it must be replaced, because repairing will be much expensive. I'm confused, car is only few years old, driven only 70 000 and engine is broken! WTF Jeep??? Dealer dont even know what was the cause of this failure, they sent review of this to manufacture but it will not help me I guess. I'm very disappointed, because I loved this car, and it failed me. So if someone from Jeep is going to read this, know that you got a very disappointed customer!

I have a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Yesterday I had trouble trying to start it. It was acting like it was fuel starved. I had it towed into the local Jeep dealership. They called me this AM and said it was the fuel pump module. They said, and this was confirmed by Jeep, that it was not covered by the powertrain warranty. Now the powertrain warranty is for 60k and my Jeep is only 59k... But they say no this part isn't included even though it's part of the engine. This is the 2nd warranty issue I've had. Last year I had a vibration in the rear end and they said that the driveshaft was damaged... They claimed it was road damage and wasn't covered. Excuse me... But isn't Jeep supposed to be a 4-drive vehicle? Someone told me that JEEP stood for Just Extra Expensive Parts... Boy were they right. This is the first... AND LAST... Jeep I'll ever buy. Jeep = JUNK!

I bought my 2017 Jeep Cherokee (2.4 liter with the 9 speed transmission) last November 2016 and so far it has been in the shop 3 times for the same issue: problems with the transmission. The car will not shift down when going up hill. It jerks into gear and sometimes it just will not get into drive or reverse. Going up a hill on the freeway, I'm doing around 45 and when i try to pass someone I have to press on the gas almost all the way to the floor. The engine revs to about 4500 rpm red line is at 6000 and with a clunk the car shifts down to a lower gear so i can pass. The dealer just keeps on reprogramming the transmission computer every time and to no effect. Soon it will be my fourth time with the same problem and then I will be applying for the LEMON LAW. This car is a REAL LEMON.

I bought a 2017 Jeep Rubicon 2 months ago. It has 3000 miles on it. We were driving along a driveway @ 15mph 2 days ago and the back window of the Jeep EXPLODED shattering into hundreds of pieces (as it's designed to do). We checked around the vehicle and could find nothing that would have caused it to shatter. We are traveling in CO, so took it to the nearest Jeep dealer who, indicated to my husband that they could not even LOOK @ it for another MONTH. They then referred us to the local auto glass company for repair.

When we asked about warranty, the dealer said it would be our insurance - not warranty. When I outreached to Jeep/Wave, they indicated that, without a jeep dealer's "diagnosis" they could not provide warranty coverage so we would have to use our insurance to repair it. They also indicated that they could not "force" their DEALER to perform the diagnosis in a more timely fashion. All this leaving us to pay out of pocket for the replacement OR drive around CO for the next month waiting for the dealer to find the time to diagnose our window. Shoddy warranty coverage Jeep. Shame on you!

I am a doctor working in Kuwait, I was dreaming to drive Jeep Cherokee as one of my dreams. All customer here warning me not to buy in middle east due to bad maintenance after owning the car, and all comments of social media made me hesitate for two years until I took my decision to own one. I have Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (model 2014)... Now I went to first maintenance service (10.000 Km), my car was perfect and everything was more than my expectation... but supervisor told me I have serious problem in my car (front part on left side...) and I should change that part immediately as it's dangerous to drive like that. I had accepted as I was thinking it's his job and they are professional.

I took my car in the same day after (8 hours) and when I went out my car was swerving to the right side with notable vibrations on break. When I call them back they had reassured me and told me that is normal... but unfortunately it was uncomfortable in my driving... Also I asked for the replaced part to see by my eyes... (they did not make me see it... And according to my 20 years experience in different car agencies I'm sure that I have the right to see and take that parts that had been changed)...

I went back on 20.000 service time this month (July-2017)... And I had insisted that the car has problem and not responding to their reassurance words... They after long debate response by sending one of their driver professional to test the car... Who really was honest and told me that I'm true and it's abnormal and that will need to check the car and driving wheels with break parts (and it will take 48 hours to finish replacing all parts).

After two working days... no one call me... I had called them on third day asking about my car situation and why there is no update... They refer me to my car supervisor who reassure me and informed me that I can come on fourth day to take my car and he told me that he will explain everything to me face to face.

On Fourth day... he called me morning and told me they not finish and I have to come on fifth day... I started to be worry about my car... but he again reassure me refusing to explain anything in phone.

On fifth day I called 12 pm on my time to ask... they told me that I can come 3pm to take my car... I went 3:30 pm to find my car not finished yet and the responsible person went home and a new person come to deal with me... who bring my car and told me... that nothing done for the car except normal service (change oil). I was more than angry. Why five days. They tried to absorb me... and it was weekend. They told me that I can take my car to enjoy my weekend and bring it back and they will fix all in one day. When I took back my car... it was more worse and the surprise is fuel near to be ended while I gave them my car with fuel more than half (about 25 liters gone) and when I went my work... after I finished my duty... my car did not work. I tried the number of Jeep service that they gave to me. No one answer for about one hour.

Then because my brother is a mechanical engineering. I called him to diagnosis that was battery insult and he asked me "How your agency can not discover like that...or warning you." I change my battery. Buy new one to can drive the car which cost me more money... That was not all... Add to that I had asked them to change my wheels as I drive long distance in hot weather. Also Jeep agency told me your tires good. I asked for guarantee for their speech but they refused.

Now, I put my car in the service center and waiting for solution with feeling of disappointed as i did not hear experiences of others who deal with that agency.

I'm losing my time... My money with unresponsive and careless people. Hope to find solution from company for that. Jeep as a car I know about it... but you lose your customers and reputation by your Representative persons who have not seen of customer service or care and I feel when I deal or talk with anyone of them by unprofessional.

Purchased a new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee in Florida for $47,000. Vehicle constantly in the shop with multiple issues. Transmission replaced at 8,000 miles. New transmission failed at 21,000 miles while driving across country. Vehicle has been at dealership in Reno, Nevada for a month and a half. Fiat Chrysler Customer Service promised to reimburse us for rental vehicle so we could get back home to Florida, and transport our jeep back after it was repaired. Month and a half later nothing has happened and my vehicle is still 3,000 miles away. Have owned a number of Chrysler products, but would think long and hard before purchasing another.

I purchased a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee on April 12th and on June 6th my car has been in the shop not repaired and getting a run around from all levels of customer Service. The car, after two weeks, a brand new car, came with emblem on crooked, and then there is an electrical short making horrible static noises from speakers, Jeep Dealership Eastchester Jeep in the Bronx replaced speakers but noise still continues. They are now on week 4 waiting for a new radio. Not to mention that the emblem is still not fixed as well. They are not even sure that the radio is the cause of the electrical static. The response today from the customer care person was to disconnect the radio and take the car back until a new radio arrives. This is my 6th Jeep and after this experience I will never buy a Jeep again.

I have always been a Jeep fan, from the time of childhood. I loved everything about them, the look, the engine, the fact that they were American made, and the impression that they took care of their customers. Sadly something as little as an auxiliary cord insert has changed all that. After my auxiliary cord started to malfunction I took the car into the jeep dealership to get it looked at. They sprung their diagnosis fee at me last minute which so happened to be $100 dollars, to look at the radio. They came back to tell me conveniently that this issue couldn't be fixed and that I would need an entire new radio which would be extra, of course. Knowing exactly what happened to the auxiliary cord, I questioned their diagnosis.

So I contacted the company directly, which apparently means to them that I didn't understand what was being told to me at the dealership, so they clarified all the information, (basically a waste of time with ID member **), who also failed to answer my other question of who is supervisor was and how to contact them. What makes matters worse is that I was informed in the waiting room by a fellow customer, how to fix the problem for only $50. I had already agreed to the diagnosis fee, assuming the Jeep Company had their customer's interests at heart. Instead I felt like it was another situation of a big company taking advantage of the little guys, for a small price.

After seeing their reviews, it doesn't surprise me that their customer service rate is so low. It seems as though Jeep is trying to fix that the wrong way. All of the employees were very nice telling me they were unable to fix the problem, but that's not what customer service is about. It's not about being nice. It's about having your customers best interest at heart and that is NOT a Jeep thing.

Further information, I have had the car 2 years and as great as it has treated me, it's not a car I would recommend. I got into a minor fender bender a couple of months back where I hit another car going 10 mph. There was no visible damage to either cars, so we just exchanged information and went our separate ways. The Next day my check engine light went on and my car started to act funky, so I took it into Midas. They told me that it looked like my car hit a metal pole, with all the damage that was created, $900 of internal damages after a hit going 15 mph.

Another issue I've had with the car was its roaders. My aunt drove my car over a parking curb. That one bump created an additional $800 bill because the roaders are not make to support that type of maneuver. (Rolling OVER a CURB.) Jeeps get a fake rap for being tough. That is not the case with the patriot. I am done with Jeeps based on their priorities alone. Take care of your mechanics (who get paid by the customer btw, not the company). Take care of your customers, and maybe your cars.

So I've been reading that this is a problem with the 2014 Jeep Cherokee and even the dealer admits it and can do nothing for me. I've had the Jeep go bone dry and shut down after 5k miles on multiple occasions prior to realizing this was an ongoing issue. This time I had the oil changed 3200 miles ago and the engine seized this morning. If this happened on the highway I could see it resulting in injury or death. The manufacturer does nothing, the dealer (Lester Glenn Jeep, Toms River, NJ) does nothing. I'm told for them to do anything it has to meet lower than whatever the standard were for a vehicle to burn which was something like a quart per 1k miles. I've had 10-20 yr old vehicles that didn't burn oil like that. This isn't normal. This time around it did burn quicker than the allotted quart/mi and I imagine it's not going to be improving. Don't buy this year Jeep and I think 2015 has the same problems.

I bought my Jeep Cherokee in 2014. The first few years were great, aside from a few recalls. However, November 2016 I was driving to the gym, made it about .3 a mile until I got an error saying, "Shift to desired gear". A few seconds later, my car came to a slow stop. Very dangerous as I was in the middle of a busy intersection. The power was still working, however the engine stopped. I brought it to a Jeep dealership and they tried to replicate the issue with no success. After more than 8 hours (and no rental car provided), they told me they couldn't do anything.

About 2 months later, the same thing happened again. I brought my car to a different Jeep dealership, who tried to replicate the issue but couldn't. They sent me on my way with no explanation. It then happened again 4 months later, so I had it towed to a different Jeep dealership. As you can guess, they tried to replicate the issue but couldn't. To get a second opinion, I went to two separate local mechanics who were outraged Jeep couldn't fix it, because clearly something was wrong. There is no consistent pattern when this happens, therefore it could happen at any time.

I'm VERY disappointed with Jeep and its product. It's a shame because I really wanted to like Jeep/Chrysler. I've always had either a Toyota or Honda due to their reliability, but was hoping this would work out. However, because they can't give me an answer or offer a solution to my problem, I am trading it in for a Toyota Rav4 or Acura. What kind of reputable business has a problem, but does offer to find a solution?! Especially when lives are at stake? DO NOT BUY THIS CAR. It is simply not safe.

My husband and I purchased '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee from Autoland 170 Route 22 Springfield, NJ on April 11,2016. This is a certified pre-owned vehicle. On Friday, April 7, 2017 the vehicle completely stopped and turned off without a warning in the middle of Sherman Ave. and Wright St. in Newark, NJ. The insurance company towed it to back Autoland in which I was given a rental until the repairs was made. The repairs was never made to my defective engine. Fiat Chrysler said the engine is not covered under the 3yr/30,000 limited warranty. We then proceeded to see if the National Dispute Settlement Center could assist us in the repairs. No they denied it. Not covered under the 5yr/100,000 warranty.

I had this car for 361 days before it shut down. I have been walking and using public transportation for the past three months because I cannot afford to replace a engine at 6000 dollars and keep my end of the deal with the loan payments. It will be a class action lawsuit very soon. Too many consumers suffering while Fiat Chrysler are not being held accountable for producing defective products and selling trash for top dollar.

What a horrible experience!!! I bring my jeep 2017 Cherokee in for check engine light. The service writer (Amitol I think was his name, west Indian gentleman) tells me it shouldn't be a problem. Around 3 still no response so I called in and he tells me the car was in an accident and they won't replace the automatic grill sensor!! Accident?? What accident? I get there and the mechanic tells me, 'You were sold a lemon. That's why I don't buy my cars from these dealers especially this one because they all lie.' I didn't buy my car there anyway due to all the negative reviews. He shows me the car is missing some plastic clips that as far as I know were always there. Now they're missing and broken piece of plastic way at the bottom. With those two pieces of information he concludes the car was in a wreck and they won't replace the part.

Later he tells me this is a pain in the neck job because he has to take everything apart in the front to find out if the sensor is bad, basically he doesn't want to do it. Then he says in his notes car was in a wreck and they won't fix it. The manager Maria I believe who supposedly approved his notes, was nowhere to be found. Then it took another 30 minutes to get the car out of there because my service writer was too busy chit chatting on his personal phone. I took it elsewhere and of course the sensor is bad, no wreck, and they are fixing it. These people are a bunch of lazy people who don't care if you are upset or not. And Anita? Ha! I ask for her and nowhere to be found. The worst part that upsets me is stating my car was in a wreck. How dare they deny me service if it's under warranty and no body damage!!! Had it been in a wreck the part would have been destroyed!!! STAY AWAY.

My experience with buying and owning a Jeep Patriot. I bought a Jeep Patriot Sport with a manual transmission in 2011. Bought it new (zero miles). I now have only 33000 miles on the vehicle. It has never been off-road and has never pulled or towed anything. Recently, I noticed a noise coming from the powertrain. Took it to a mechanic who advised me that I probably needed a clutch replacement (clutch, throw-out bearing and pressure plate). I contacted Chrysler/Jeep about the situation and asked if they would cover the repairs on the powertrain. Their response was as in this e-mail response:

"Thank you for contacting the Jeep Customer Assistance Center. It is understandable that you would like to know if you have warranty coverage prior to getting your vehicle repaired at an independent repair facility. As per your warranty booklet, manual transmission clutch parts are not covered at any time and the pressure plate throw out bearing was only covered for 1 year and 12000 miles so there would be no factory warranty coverage for these repairs. I also want to let you know that the Powertrain warranty expired on September 30, 2016. While looking into this matter for you, I also see that you have 1 incomplete recall. The S61- OCCUPANT RESTRAINT CONTROLLER recall does not yet have parts available but the parts are expected to become available in June. Once the parts become available you can get that repair completed by scheduling an appointment at your local dealership.

"I would like to add you to the special tracking so that you receive an email when those parts become available. You also have an extended warranty for your (X69) FRONT/REAR CROSSMEMBERS. You are able to have a free annual inspection for the Cross Members and if they are deemed to be corroded any time prior to September 30, 2021, they will be replaced free of charge as well. Thank you again for your email. Should you require additional assistance, or have any new information to provide, please reply to this email message or call 1-877-I-AM-JEEP (1-877-426-5337)."

In 2011, when I purchased this vehicle (new) I had every expectation that it would last a long time. I have kept up on the maintenance and, as evidenced by the low mileage, I have driven it reasonably. I certainly did not expect that there would be two safety recalls, (one of which they cannot correct because they don't have the parts to resolve the issue). I certainly did not expect that there would be a potentially serious issue with corrosion of FRONT/REAR CROSSMEMBERS, to the extent that Jeep extended the warranty on these parts only. And I certainly did not expect that the powertrain would go out on me so soon, at only 33000 miles.

In retrospect, upon examining the warranty information more closely, it seems that there must be a reason Chrysler/Jeep offers such an inadequate warranty on their product. Could it be that they know they are selling an inferior product that would probably fail in a relatively short time? One can only guess. I must conclude, from my experience, that Chrysler/Jeep has produced and sold an inferior product (as described above) and that further, they appear to be unwilling to back up their product with an adequate warranty plan. It is my intention to NEVER purchase another of their products. Furthermore, I cannot, in good conscience (based upon this experience) recommend that anyone else purchase any of their products. Since it is evident that Chrysler/Jeep is not going to do anything to resolve the situation, I guess that I am left without recourse. Lesson learned. Don't buy a Jeep. Caveat emptor.

I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport with 46000 mile. I take it to an oil change place every 3000 mile. I have the paperwork. I took it to get my oil changed. When I got it back I noticed a knock from the engine that it didn't have before. I took it back to the oil change place. The sound was louder. They said it sounded like the lower end of the engine was coming apart and recommended I take it to a Jeep dealer. I had it towed there. They said for 250 dollars they would check it out. They did and said the motor was blowing up. They checked with Jeep with all my oil change paperwork in hand. They said Jeep might cover it.

They checked with Jeep and they said, nope not covered. I talked with Jeep Headquarters. They said the same thing. The main guy at Jeep checked to see if he could get a crank and found there was none in the U.S.A. and no aftermarket. He said they would have to replace the complete engine at a cost of 5600 dollars. I talked with Jeep Headquarters again to see if they would help with the cost, again nope. This is my daily driver back and forth to work. Never been out four wheeling. They could tell it's been taken care of. I have had 3 Jeep Wanglers in my life with not one problem just normal wear and tear. I had a new engine put in by another company for 4800. This is the last jeep for me.

I purchased a 2014 Grand Cherokee Diesel in the spring of 2014, right away the catalytic converter failed. To Jeep's credit they bought the car back, and I purchased a replacement. There were some problems, another catalytic converter, water pump, and some other problems, all covered by warranty. The real problems started last fall, overheating while pulling a trailer. Each month from September till February I had overheating problems that were never solved culminating in Bakersfield where the dealer finally discovered a blown head gasket. It took them 6 1/2 weeks till I got it back. I gave up at that point when the car leaked coolant 6 blocks from the dealership. I'm selling the turkey. It was so discouraging, when it ran it was terrific, but so unreliable. I would be ashamed if I worked for that company.

I bought a Renegade 2015 and allegedly sold me a warranty against MECHANICAL MISTAKES; I signed a paper that says "INSURANCE OF MECHANICAL FAILURES"; It turned out to be a guayazos insurance and wash the seats if they are stained. The collection of the policy was $895.00 and the insurance has an invoice of $240.00 which I have a copy (MAPFRE IS THE INSURER AND THE INSURANCE IS CALLED AUTOGUARD). I can say that the Renegade Jeep is a crap is only aesthetic and the warranty is very short combined with the dealer who cheated me, not even gave me carpets or accessories any further, they promised change of oil for 2 years or 8 changes of oil but As the Renegade uses synthetic oil they only honored me only 4. I have already invested around $1000.00 and right now I am without a car until possibly on Monday the vehicle be repair.

I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with a manual transmission. The clutch went out at approximately 52500 miles. I had it replaced and come to find out that I no longer have a 5th gear. I contacted Jeep to see if it was still under warranty. They said it was no longer under warranty and I would have to replace the transmission. I'm very disappointed that it was slightly out of warranty. I have owned Jeeps for several years now and have never had a problem to this extent. I have read many reviews on the 2010 Jeep regarding the engine and transmission. This year has several complaints. I would like for Jeep to reconsider honoring a warranty for a known issue on this vehicle.

Bought a brand new Cherokee in December of 2015. One year and two weeks with less than 10,000 miles later the transmission starting acting up (locked in 4th gear). Dealer reflashed computer and acts like it is normal maintenance. On the drive home (less than 10 miles) the problem repeats itself. A new computer was ordered and three weeks later it arrived and was installed. Three weeks after that the transmission locks up again and I was told it would take 2 more weeks to get the valve body to replace. Contacted Jeep customer care and after finally getting in touch with a person they agreed to a rental car. Well I get a call today saying that on the test drive the transmission went out (blocking an intersection) and had to be towed back. Now the transmission will be replaced in about 2 weeks.

While Jeep seems to be "trying to fix the problem" I feel like I am just being strung along until the warranty runs out and will then be stuck with repair bills. I bought a new car so I don't have to worry about these problems, instead I have a $30k unreliable and unsafe vehicle that I cannot drive. Mark my words. This car is going to cause the death of someone before long the way the transmission gives out. Maybe then FCA will do something to correct the problem for good.

My 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee has started stalling on me for a few months now and it is scary as well as frustrating. I have spent about 2k in repairs and it still is stalling. Is this a problem with Jeeps and is there a solution?

My husband got a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee a year ago and it seems as the times goes by the car is giving us more and more problems. Initially during the 90 days warranty we had we did a service on it to align the sunroof, couple months after that the car start dripping water from the side driver pillars, we brought it back to the dealer and they realigned it one more time but it didn't work. Now recently the control board was showing low pressure on the tires, we changed the tires and now 2 days ago the heat is not working. I don't know what we should do or who can help us with this. It's obviously manufacture defect. Anybody, help please.

I bought a used 07 Wrangler. Worked fine at first. However, I have had multiple issues starting about 6 months after purchase. Continuous electrical issues. Turn signals and brake lights work when they want to. Electrical door lock works when it wants to. The passenger side window does not work anymore. Also, the gear shift bushing had to be replaced several times, we are using a zip tie now and it works better than the bushings. We have had to replace the radiator due to a crack, replaced brakes and pads as well as 2 calipers due to the caliper piston not retracting after releasing the brake. Finally, something I consider a total manufacturing error, the WCM does not work properly. I have original keys but the module does not always recognize my key and will lock me out from starting my vehicle. I have to remove the fuse to reset it in order to start my car. Not happy. Will not purchase another Jeep again.

Jeep Company Profile