Jeep

Compare Car Brands

Research top Car Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am a doctor working in Kuwait, I was dreaming to drive Jeep Cherokee as one of my dreams. All customer here warning me not to buy in middle east due to bad maintenance after owning the car, and all comments of social media made me hesitate for two years until I took my decision to own one. I have Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (model 2014)... Now I went to first maintenance service (10.000 Km), my car was perfect and everything was more than my expectation... but supervisor told me I have serious problem in my car (front part on left side...) and I should change that part immediately as it's dangerous to drive like that. I had accepted as I was thinking it's his job and they are professional.

I took my car in the same day after (8 hours) and when I went out my car was swerving to the right side with notable vibrations on break. When I call them back they had reassured me and told me that is normal... but unfortunately it was uncomfortable in my driving... Also I asked for the replaced part to see by my eyes... (they did not make me see it... And according to my 20 years experience in different car agencies I'm sure that I have the right to see and take that parts that had been changed)...

I went back on 20.000 service time this month (July-2017)... And I had insisted that the car has problem and not responding to their reassurance words... They after long debate response by sending one of their driver professional to test the car... Who really was honest and told me that I'm true and it's abnormal and that will need to check the car and driving wheels with break parts (and it will take 48 hours to finish replacing all parts).

After two working days... no one call me... I had called them on third day asking about my car situation and why there is no update... They refer me to my car supervisor who reassure me and informed me that I can come on fourth day to take my car and he told me that he will explain everything to me face to face.

On Fourth day... he called me morning and told me they not finish and I have to come on fifth day... I started to be worry about my car... but he again reassure me refusing to explain anything in phone.

On fifth day I called 12 pm on my time to ask... they told me that I can come 3pm to take my car... I went 3:30 pm to find my car not finished yet and the responsible person went home and a new person come to deal with me... who bring my car and told me... that nothing done for the car except normal service (change oil). I was more than angry. Why five days. They tried to absorb me... and it was weekend. They told me that I can take my car to enjoy my weekend and bring it back and they will fix all in one day. When I took back my car... it was more worse and the surprise is fuel near to be ended while I gave them my car with fuel more than half (about 25 liters gone) and when I went my work... after I finished my duty... my car did not work. I tried the number of Jeep service that they gave to me. No one answer for about one hour.

Then because my brother is a mechanical engineering. I called him to diagnosis that was battery insult and he asked me "How your agency can not discover like that...or warning you." I change my battery. Buy new one to can drive the car which cost me more money... That was not all... Add to that I had asked them to change my wheels as I drive long distance in hot weather. Also Jeep agency told me your tires good. I asked for guarantee for their speech but they refused.

Now, I put my car in the service center and waiting for solution with feeling of disappointed as i did not hear experiences of others who deal with that agency.

I'm losing my time... My money with unresponsive and careless people. Hope to find solution from company for that. Jeep as a car I know about it... but you lose your customers and reputation by your Representative persons who have not seen of customer service or care and I feel when I deal or talk with anyone of them by unprofessional.

Purchased a new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee in Florida for $47,000. Vehicle constantly in the shop with multiple issues. Transmission replaced at 8,000 miles. New transmission failed at 21,000 miles while driving across country. Vehicle has been at dealership in Reno, Nevada for a month and a half. Fiat Chrysler Customer Service promised to reimburse us for rental vehicle so we could get back home to Florida, and transport our jeep back after it was repaired. Month and a half later nothing has happened and my vehicle is still 3,000 miles away. Have owned a number of Chrysler products, but would think long and hard before purchasing another.

I purchased a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee on April 12th and on June 6th my car has been in the shop not repaired and getting a run around from all levels of customer Service. The car, after two weeks, a brand new car, came with emblem on crooked, and then there is an electrical short making horrible static noises from speakers, Jeep Dealership Eastchester Jeep in the Bronx replaced speakers but noise still continues. They are now on week 4 waiting for a new radio. Not to mention that the emblem is still not fixed as well. They are not even sure that the radio is the cause of the electrical static. The response today from the customer care person was to disconnect the radio and take the car back until a new radio arrives. This is my 6th Jeep and after this experience I will never buy a Jeep again.

I have always been a Jeep fan, from the time of childhood. I loved everything about them, the look, the engine, the fact that they were American made, and the impression that they took care of their customers. Sadly something as little as an auxiliary cord insert has changed all that. After my auxiliary cord started to malfunction I took the car into the jeep dealership to get it looked at. They sprung their diagnosis fee at me last minute which so happened to be $100 dollars, to look at the radio. They came back to tell me conveniently that this issue couldn't be fixed and that I would need an entire new radio which would be extra, of course. Knowing exactly what happened to the auxiliary cord, I questioned their diagnosis.

So I contacted the company directly, which apparently means to them that I didn't understand what was being told to me at the dealership, so they clarified all the information, (basically a waste of time with ID member **), who also failed to answer my other question of who is supervisor was and how to contact them. What makes matters worse is that I was informed in the waiting room by a fellow customer, how to fix the problem for only $50. I had already agreed to the diagnosis fee, assuming the Jeep Company had their customer's interests at heart. Instead I felt like it was another situation of a big company taking advantage of the little guys, for a small price.

After seeing their reviews, it doesn't surprise me that their customer service rate is so low. It seems as though Jeep is trying to fix that the wrong way. All of the employees were very nice telling me they were unable to fix the problem, but that's not what customer service is about. It's not about being nice. It's about having your customers best interest at heart and that is NOT a Jeep thing.

Further information, I have had the car 2 years and as great as it has treated me, it's not a car I would recommend. I got into a minor fender bender a couple of months back where I hit another car going 10 mph. There was no visible damage to either cars, so we just exchanged information and went our separate ways. The Next day my check engine light went on and my car started to act funky, so I took it into Midas. They told me that it looked like my car hit a metal pole, with all the damage that was created, $900 of internal damages after a hit going 15 mph.

Another issue I've had with the car was its roaders. My aunt drove my car over a parking curb. That one bump created an additional $800 bill because the roaders are not make to support that type of maneuver. (Rolling OVER a CURB.) Jeeps get a fake rap for being tough. That is not the case with the patriot. I am done with Jeeps based on their priorities alone. Take care of your mechanics (who get paid by the customer btw, not the company). Take care of your customers, and maybe your cars.

So I've been reading that this is a problem with the 2014 Jeep Cherokee and even the dealer admits it and can do nothing for me. I've had the Jeep go bone dry and shut down after 5k miles on multiple occasions prior to realizing this was an ongoing issue. This time I had the oil changed 3200 miles ago and the engine seized this morning. If this happened on the highway I could see it resulting in injury or death. The manufacturer does nothing, the dealer (Lester Glenn Jeep, Toms River, NJ) does nothing. I'm told for them to do anything it has to meet lower than whatever the standard were for a vehicle to burn which was something like a quart per 1k miles. I've had 10-20 yr old vehicles that didn't burn oil like that. This isn't normal. This time around it did burn quicker than the allotted quart/mi and I imagine it's not going to be improving. Don't buy this year Jeep and I think 2015 has the same problems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

I bought my Jeep Cherokee in 2014. The first few years were great, aside from a few recalls. However, November 2016 I was driving to the gym, made it about .3 a mile until I got an error saying, "Shift to desired gear". A few seconds later, my car came to a slow stop. Very dangerous as I was in the middle of a busy intersection. The power was still working, however the engine stopped. I brought it to a Jeep dealership and they tried to replicate the issue with no success. After more than 8 hours (and no rental car provided), they told me they couldn't do anything.

About 2 months later, the same thing happened again. I brought my car to a different Jeep dealership, who tried to replicate the issue but couldn't. They sent me on my way with no explanation. It then happened again 4 months later, so I had it towed to a different Jeep dealership. As you can guess, they tried to replicate the issue but couldn't. To get a second opinion, I went to two separate local mechanics who were outraged Jeep couldn't fix it, because clearly something was wrong. There is no consistent pattern when this happens, therefore it could happen at any time.

I'm VERY disappointed with Jeep and its product. It's a shame because I really wanted to like Jeep/Chrysler. I've always had either a Toyota or Honda due to their reliability, but was hoping this would work out. However, because they can't give me an answer or offer a solution to my problem, I am trading it in for a Toyota Rav4 or Acura. What kind of reputable business has a problem, but does offer to find a solution?! Especially when lives are at stake? DO NOT BUY THIS CAR. It is simply not safe.

My husband and I purchased '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee from Autoland 170 Route 22 Springfield, NJ on April 11,2016. This is a certified pre-owned vehicle. On Friday, April 7, 2017 the vehicle completely stopped and turned off without a warning in the middle of Sherman Ave. and Wright St. in Newark, NJ. The insurance company towed it to back Autoland in which I was given a rental until the repairs was made. The repairs was never made to my defective engine. Fiat Chrysler said the engine is not covered under the 3yr/30,000 limited warranty. We then proceeded to see if the National Dispute Settlement Center could assist us in the repairs. No they denied it. Not covered under the 5yr/100,000 warranty.

I had this car for 361 days before it shut down. I have been walking and using public transportation for the past three months because I cannot afford to replace a engine at 6000 dollars and keep my end of the deal with the loan payments. It will be a class action lawsuit very soon. Too many consumers suffering while Fiat Chrysler are not being held accountable for producing defective products and selling trash for top dollar.

What a horrible experience!!! I bring my jeep 2017 Cherokee in for check engine light. The service writer (Amitol I think was his name, west Indian gentleman) tells me it shouldn't be a problem. Around 3 still no response so I called in and he tells me the car was in an accident and they won't replace the automatic grill sensor!! Accident?? What accident? I get there and the mechanic tells me, 'You were sold a lemon. That's why I don't buy my cars from these dealers especially this one because they all lie.' I didn't buy my car there anyway due to all the negative reviews. He shows me the car is missing some plastic clips that as far as I know were always there. Now they're missing and broken piece of plastic way at the bottom. With those two pieces of information he concludes the car was in a wreck and they won't replace the part.

Later he tells me this is a pain in the neck job because he has to take everything apart in the front to find out if the sensor is bad, basically he doesn't want to do it. Then he says in his notes car was in a wreck and they won't fix it. The manager Maria I believe who supposedly approved his notes, was nowhere to be found. Then it took another 30 minutes to get the car out of there because my service writer was too busy chit chatting on his personal phone. I took it elsewhere and of course the sensor is bad, no wreck, and they are fixing it. These people are a bunch of lazy people who don't care if you are upset or not. And Anita? Ha! I ask for her and nowhere to be found. The worst part that upsets me is stating my car was in a wreck. How dare they deny me service if it's under warranty and no body damage!!! Had it been in a wreck the part would have been destroyed!!! STAY AWAY.

My experience with buying and owning a Jeep Patriot. I bought a Jeep Patriot Sport with a manual transmission in 2011. Bought it new (zero miles). I now have only 33000 miles on the vehicle. It has never been off-road and has never pulled or towed anything. Recently, I noticed a noise coming from the powertrain. Took it to a mechanic who advised me that I probably needed a clutch replacement (clutch, throw-out bearing and pressure plate). I contacted Chrysler/Jeep about the situation and asked if they would cover the repairs on the powertrain. Their response was as in this e-mail response:

"Thank you for contacting the Jeep Customer Assistance Center. It is understandable that you would like to know if you have warranty coverage prior to getting your vehicle repaired at an independent repair facility. As per your warranty booklet, manual transmission clutch parts are not covered at any time and the pressure plate throw out bearing was only covered for 1 year and 12000 miles so there would be no factory warranty coverage for these repairs. I also want to let you know that the Powertrain warranty expired on September 30, 2016. While looking into this matter for you, I also see that you have 1 incomplete recall. The S61- OCCUPANT RESTRAINT CONTROLLER recall does not yet have parts available but the parts are expected to become available in June. Once the parts become available you can get that repair completed by scheduling an appointment at your local dealership.

"I would like to add you to the special tracking so that you receive an email when those parts become available. You also have an extended warranty for your (X69) FRONT/REAR CROSSMEMBERS. You are able to have a free annual inspection for the Cross Members and if they are deemed to be corroded any time prior to September 30, 2021, they will be replaced free of charge as well. Thank you again for your email. Should you require additional assistance, or have any new information to provide, please reply to this email message or call 1-877-I-AM-JEEP (1-877-426-5337)."

In 2011, when I purchased this vehicle (new) I had every expectation that it would last a long time. I have kept up on the maintenance and, as evidenced by the low mileage, I have driven it reasonably. I certainly did not expect that there would be two safety recalls, (one of which they cannot correct because they don't have the parts to resolve the issue). I certainly did not expect that there would be a potentially serious issue with corrosion of FRONT/REAR CROSSMEMBERS, to the extent that Jeep extended the warranty on these parts only. And I certainly did not expect that the powertrain would go out on me so soon, at only 33000 miles.

In retrospect, upon examining the warranty information more closely, it seems that there must be a reason Chrysler/Jeep offers such an inadequate warranty on their product. Could it be that they know they are selling an inferior product that would probably fail in a relatively short time? One can only guess. I must conclude, from my experience, that Chrysler/Jeep has produced and sold an inferior product (as described above) and that further, they appear to be unwilling to back up their product with an adequate warranty plan. It is my intention to NEVER purchase another of their products. Furthermore, I cannot, in good conscience (based upon this experience) recommend that anyone else purchase any of their products. Since it is evident that Chrysler/Jeep is not going to do anything to resolve the situation, I guess that I am left without recourse. Lesson learned. Don't buy a Jeep. Caveat emptor.

I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport with 46000 mile. I take it to an oil change place every 3000 mile. I have the paperwork. I took it to get my oil changed. When I got it back I noticed a knock from the engine that it didn't have before. I took it back to the oil change place. The sound was louder. They said it sounded like the lower end of the engine was coming apart and recommended I take it to a Jeep dealer. I had it towed there. They said for 250 dollars they would check it out. They did and said the motor was blowing up. They checked with Jeep with all my oil change paperwork in hand. They said Jeep might cover it.

They checked with Jeep and they said, nope not covered. I talked with Jeep Headquarters. They said the same thing. The main guy at Jeep checked to see if he could get a crank and found there was none in the U.S.A. and no aftermarket. He said they would have to replace the complete engine at a cost of 5600 dollars. I talked with Jeep Headquarters again to see if they would help with the cost, again nope. This is my daily driver back and forth to work. Never been out four wheeling. They could tell it's been taken care of. I have had 3 Jeep Wanglers in my life with not one problem just normal wear and tear. I had a new engine put in by another company for 4800. This is the last jeep for me.

I purchased a 2014 Grand Cherokee Diesel in the spring of 2014, right away the catalytic converter failed. To Jeep's credit they bought the car back, and I purchased a replacement. There were some problems, another catalytic converter, water pump, and some other problems, all covered by warranty. The real problems started last fall, overheating while pulling a trailer. Each month from September till February I had overheating problems that were never solved culminating in Bakersfield where the dealer finally discovered a blown head gasket. It took them 6 1/2 weeks till I got it back. I gave up at that point when the car leaked coolant 6 blocks from the dealership. I'm selling the turkey. It was so discouraging, when it ran it was terrific, but so unreliable. I would be ashamed if I worked for that company.

I bought a Renegade 2015 and allegedly sold me a warranty against MECHANICAL MISTAKES; I signed a paper that says "INSURANCE OF MECHANICAL FAILURES"; It turned out to be a guayazos insurance and wash the seats if they are stained. The collection of the policy was $895.00 and the insurance has an invoice of $240.00 which I have a copy (MAPFRE IS THE INSURER AND THE INSURANCE IS CALLED AUTOGUARD). I can say that the Renegade Jeep is a crap is only aesthetic and the warranty is very short combined with the dealer who cheated me, not even gave me carpets or accessories any further, they promised change of oil for 2 years or 8 changes of oil but As the Renegade uses synthetic oil they only honored me only 4. I have already invested around $1000.00 and right now I am without a car until possibly on Monday the vehicle be repair.

I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with a manual transmission. The clutch went out at approximately 52500 miles. I had it replaced and come to find out that I no longer have a 5th gear. I contacted Jeep to see if it was still under warranty. They said it was no longer under warranty and I would have to replace the transmission. I'm very disappointed that it was slightly out of warranty. I have owned Jeeps for several years now and have never had a problem to this extent. I have read many reviews on the 2010 Jeep regarding the engine and transmission. This year has several complaints. I would like for Jeep to reconsider honoring a warranty for a known issue on this vehicle.

Bought a brand new Cherokee in December of 2015. One year and two weeks with less than 10,000 miles later the transmission starting acting up (locked in 4th gear). Dealer reflashed computer and acts like it is normal maintenance. On the drive home (less than 10 miles) the problem repeats itself. A new computer was ordered and three weeks later it arrived and was installed. Three weeks after that the transmission locks up again and I was told it would take 2 more weeks to get the valve body to replace. Contacted Jeep customer care and after finally getting in touch with a person they agreed to a rental car. Well I get a call today saying that on the test drive the transmission went out (blocking an intersection) and had to be towed back. Now the transmission will be replaced in about 2 weeks.

While Jeep seems to be "trying to fix the problem" I feel like I am just being strung along until the warranty runs out and will then be stuck with repair bills. I bought a new car so I don't have to worry about these problems, instead I have a $30k unreliable and unsafe vehicle that I cannot drive. Mark my words. This car is going to cause the death of someone before long the way the transmission gives out. Maybe then FCA will do something to correct the problem for good.

My 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee has started stalling on me for a few months now and it is scary as well as frustrating. I have spent about 2k in repairs and it still is stalling. Is this a problem with Jeeps and is there a solution?

My husband got a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee a year ago and it seems as the times goes by the car is giving us more and more problems. Initially during the 90 days warranty we had we did a service on it to align the sunroof, couple months after that the car start dripping water from the side driver pillars, we brought it back to the dealer and they realigned it one more time but it didn't work. Now recently the control board was showing low pressure on the tires, we changed the tires and now 2 days ago the heat is not working. I don't know what we should do or who can help us with this. It's obviously manufacture defect. Anybody, help please.

I bought a used 07 Wrangler. Worked fine at first. However, I have had multiple issues starting about 6 months after purchase. Continuous electrical issues. Turn signals and brake lights work when they want to. Electrical door lock works when it wants to. The passenger side window does not work anymore. Also, the gear shift bushing had to be replaced several times, we are using a zip tie now and it works better than the bushings. We have had to replace the radiator due to a crack, replaced brakes and pads as well as 2 calipers due to the caliper piston not retracting after releasing the brake. Finally, something I consider a total manufacturing error, the WCM does not work properly. I have original keys but the module does not always recognize my key and will lock me out from starting my vehicle. I have to remove the fuse to reset it in order to start my car. Not happy. Will not purchase another Jeep again.

A great deal of vibration at stoplights. When it is in gear and you break for a full stop... stay there, OMG it is bad. So bad my feet go numb after a 1/2 hour of driving The Jeep. When using the defrost or AC it makes the Jeep shake more. Jeep told my serviceman they know it is rubber in the motor mounts causing it. But not willing to fix it. They wont fix it. Jeep says there is nothing wrong with it. I have had it to the dealership twice now.

My brand new Jeep Renegade has a loud whistle noise coming from window... it is louder than the radio. I asked dealership in Brooksville FL 3 times to fix it. They keep the car all day and at 5 pm they tell me they could not fix it. Remember that I take the day off work because they do not allow me to have a rental. Really bad customer service. Don't ever buy a Jeep.

I bought my 2016 Jeep Renegade new. I have had it since March of 2016. I am VERY dissatisfied with it and the Jeep experience. I started having problems with it around July of last year and it has literally been in and out of the shop since. I lose gas power while driving, it just does not go. Jeep's reasoning behind no gas is "the transmission is trying to find a gear." This is NOT acceptable. A car should go no matter what when you push the gas pedal down.

I have had a few close calls because my car chooses when it wants to go. I have also been told "turn your traction control off and this should fix the problem." I am not sure why this should fix my problem, my car should go when I push the gas down. I asked why I have to manually put my car in first gear, their response is "First gear is for four wheel drive." Well, there is your problem. That's why it "can't find a gear" when I am rolling forward, or turning and trying to go. Maybe it needs first gear. This is the WORST car I have EVER driven. I love how the excuses of why it drives so horribly just flow like a river. I should feel safe when I drive my car, and I don't because I don't know when it is going to happen. The problem has happened to my husband and my son.

Lemon Law help with 2016 Jeep Latitude 3.0 FWD: I bought a new Jeep from Nyle Maxwell Chrysler Dodge in Austin, Texas. From the get go, they allowed each bank to pull a hard pull credit instead of pulling one and telling banks it was a soft pull. This tanked my credit, but I digress. From the start, the wipers failed during a storm. They came loose and grabbed the other wiper and I couldn't see past 100 yards on a one lane toll! Only by the grace of God did I not crash. I found the closest Dealership and called, but service didn't care that I was traveling through Houston. They told me to leave it overnight.

I tried Rivercity location and the service manager saved the day when another service guy laughed at me when I told him I nearly could have crashed. Betty, the Service manager told me to come right in. The rain was less violent by then. Because it was a new version of Jeep, they had no parts and took the wipers off a new vehicle. A month or so later, there was a recall on wipers, which my Dealer handled when I took my Jeep in for a cruise control problem. The cruise control would not maintain a 2-3 mile range after going down even a low grade hill. It would go up to 12 miles more, and then attempt to slow, but it wasn't a smooth transition. It was Jerky, but not dramatic, but unacceptable.

They updated the computer, installed new wipers and told me that maybe the cruise control would fix by update... but it did not. I would add that I was given a rental car, but find it unacceptable that you make an appointment, and they can't look at it for 4-5 days! There seems to always be recall backlogs! The second time I took it in, I allowed a guy in service to "test drive" it home and back. My advisor drove it, too, but because no "codes" came out on computer, they couldn't do anything. Both also said that the cruise worked fine... so, I go pick it up and bam! It still does the same thing going on a hilly area in San Antonio, but not huge hills, just low to medium grade hills.

As a side note, I use my car to earn money, and each time they "test" it and give me a rental, I am without any way of making bank! My first oil change was a normal one, averaging 21 mph, but since then, I use full synthetic and it went to 24 mph. I came to work in Austin, and the auto stop and on feature stopped working. This affected the RPM, which now never goes down to zero anymore. I've burned through a tank of gas after only 150 miles, getting 19 mph! Of course this was on a Friday afternoon, too. So, I can't earn what I need, defeating the purpose of coming to Austin, and next week SXSW travelers begin to arrive. I CANNOT AFFORD TO MISS IT, YET CANNOT AFFORD TO DRIVE THIS LEMON!

The other issue is when the auto stop feature was off and I would go down a steep hill, the brakes would come on and slow me down! This sounds like a transmission problem, too! Is Chrysler waiting for the warranty to expire? I've got nearly 25,000 miles now and need help to get rid of this lemon. There is a lemon law, right? Angry and broke!

JEEP PATRIOT 2008 many suspension problem control arm tie rod, turn signal blinking fast and return to normal. It does this in wet or very damp periods, just received a notes for from FCA front and rear crossmember for certain 2008 -2012 Dodge Caliber Jeep Compass and Patriot for severely corroded P.S Be very vigilant with having your windshield change. Make sure that they don't damage the paint like they did to me and I have a rust problem.

I bought my 2015 Jeep Cherokee with 24 miles on it. From early on it has had an issue with the transmission. It basically "clunks", literally falters between gears at times during which it doesn't accelerate. Started just between 3rd and 4th but now does it between other gears. Have noted this everytime I take the vehicle in for service. Repeatedly told that until the check engine light comes on and the computer tells them what is failing, they aren't allowed to fix it. I will NEVER buy a Jeep again. So discouraged. I bought the "top" of the line, Limited Jeep Cherokee with the 3.2 engine and while it's got great bells and whistles, I hate to drive the car and I'm still paying for it. I still owe more than what I can get to trade it in, I won't sell it to a friend because of this issue.

The Service Manager at my local dealership in Wichita KS has told me and now my fiancee, because we needed to be sure I wasn't getting the talk to the hand because I'm a woman, that Chrysler is fully aware of this issue, that there are at least 2-3,000 out there doing the same thing due to the 9-speed transmission, and they continue to sell this product. Not ever to me again. I hope this stops someone from buying a Jeep and potentially getting a lemon like I've got. My concern is that I'm now at 35K miles and almost out of the warranty period and that darn light will probably come on at 37 or something. That will not be a fun day.

Third Jeep Grand Cherokee and third Jeep with electrical problems! Our current Jeep has 50,000 miles and is having problems with the door locks not working. Out of warranty (3 yrs) and will cost $1000 to fix. Internet research shows this has been a problem with Jeeps for MANY YEARS. Tell me how they are not accountable for a defect that they are continuing to produce KNOWINGLY? IS THIS NOT FRAUD? JEEP IS ENDANGERING PEOPLE BY THIS FEATURE NOT WORKING. Safety depends on being able to get into your car quickly and lock your doors quickly!

Check Engine Light/Software Updates - To begin with I am glad that you are reading this, on the other hand I am sad. Simply because you would not reading this unless you have had problems with your vehicle. I bought a new 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailblazer, bad mistake. This is the fifth Jeep I have owned and let me quite frank about it, it is a piece of garbage. If I had known the thing had been made in Italy I would not have bought it, much less traded my 2010 Jeep Liberty for it. At this date it has less than 20,000 miles on it and I have the records to show that it has had over 20 software updates done to it. Lemon law, right, the only thing that is yellow here is the Jeep representative that will not return my calls, and at this point the service manager at the dealership will not return my calls either. They know the vehicle is a piece of (well you know what).

Right, I am pissed, but who cares out there? I am writing this just to blow some steam off. Vacation time comes around and I'm afraid to go anywhere far in it. That's sad, new vehicle and no trip anywhere. Now, let me say this. I have found out the motor of this thing was designed by the same man who designed Maserati's, (or so I have been told), well he might know fast motors, but he dang sure is not an electronics guy. Really, JEEP should take pride in the fact that they used to be made in America and that they have served in many wars and stand up for the American people that bought their products. By doing so, Mr. JEEP guys, just take this piece of heap that you call a vehicle and stick it. Just pay off the remainder of my note. And in return, I promise you, I that I will never make my driveway look that bad again, by having a Jeep parked in it. If anybody out there, has any suggestions, feel free to comment about it.

Awful!!! Bought a new 2017 Grand Cherokee limited. Less than two months old and we had to have the top half of the motor rebuilt after developing a bad engine tick. My GC was in the dealership shop for 21 of my first 76 days of ownership. They were nice enough to give me a $ 15k Hyundai to drive while my $ 46k GC was in the shop. Going back to the dealership again tomorrow because the heated seats do not work, we cannot regulate the temperature inside the cabin. It will roast me one second and freeze you the next. Cannot control phone calls from the steering wheel. This vehicle is not even three months old yet. My first and last new Chrysler product.

Clock radio in jeep does not work correctly. Every other week it loses time. Time has to be adjusted. Shameful that a simple clock can't keep time properly. Other issues and has less than 25,000 miles.

No wonder used Jeeps are being sold just under the warranty expiration for such a cheap price! GOOGLE any used Jeep and you'll think you're getting a deal. Bought this vehicle from Duluth Dodge Chrysler, it was a 2014 used with 29,000 on it. It seemed to start to have odometer issues and so the odometer was replaced under warranty. It would reset miles traveled so I couldn't get exact mileage on it. I hadn't problems with it until it hit 87,000 miles, and suddenly an obscure diagnosis from the dealership, considering, Jeep and most Chrysler products have had this problem for years. First the ETC (throttle control light flashed) while traveling 30 mph uphill and then car sputtered and almost stalled out. Situation didn't happen again for another week, just after having new brakes, and rotors on the rear. The brakes didn't wear evenly either, but not much of a concern over that at the moment, considering the car is now undrivable.

While leaving a parking garage, the attendant left the vehicle run, and when I got inside, the ETC, the Engine Light, and ESC lights stayed on. Car, stalled, I followed directions by shutting car off according to the owner's manual (which is a dead giveaway Chrysler has seen this issue before) -- however, I had to inch my way home with several stops, stalls, and at one point the car jumped while I had my foot on the brake at a stoplight nearly hitting a pedestrian, because it idled so high, the entire instrument panel lit up like a Xmas tree. It just went to the dealership which I could only afford a one hour scan $220 bucks to have them say it must be an electrical issue and they had all kinds of codes come up.

I mentioned to them that this issue is fairly common with Jeeps but again, they are covering their ears and perhaps it's a problem they cannot fix because they have no idea how to repair it. They called and said, they'd like to see if they can save me money and perform some type of pigging back wire connection to the throttle. They said it was the throttle that wasn't getting enough juice, but there must be a short somewhere, but it could get expensive trying to find it, so here was their short-cut alternative.

I've read other posts here about the wires shorting out because they're too close to the camshaft or catalytic converter... I wouldn't know -- but I do know that Chrysler has been STALLING ON A RECALL for this problem for years. Had this happened on the highway and if it happens on the highway, somebody could get killed, and I'm sure there's been a few that have. Chrysler needs to have a class action lawsuit brought against them. This is a life and death situation that doesn't have to happen.

Purchased 2014 (new) Jeep Patriot from Nielsen Jeep/Dodge in East Hanover NJ Route 10. Computer on vehicle failed twice costing us hundreds in rental car fees as well as the inconvenience. The dealer does not cover the rental car and each time we drop the car off we have to wait almost a week before they will even look at it. We are also forced to pay an initial fee to determine that it is in fact a warranty issue. The computer is covered, but not the initial evaluation fee or the rental cars. I would think Nielsen/Chrysler would stand behind their product. We now have a car that is unreliable and we don't know where to turn. Is the computer going to fail again and strand us on a dark road in the middle of nowhere?

The worst vehicle that I have ever own. No... the worst investment that I have ever made. This vehicle has given me nothing but issues. I think that I may stop parking it in the garage and just park it at the mechanic every night. At 30000 the thermostat failed; at 50000 miles the water pump failed; soon after the head gasket blew; then the head itself; then the water pump again; the heat; the alarm would go off when driving; had two batteries die due to a draw somewhere; the camshaft had to be replaced; the cam sensor; oh... let's not forget the oil sender sensor and now back in the shop because it randomly stalls at speeds over 40 miles an hour. I feel like I am driving a Yugo.

Jeep Company Profile