2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.05/5

Jeeps is an American car manufacterer that is best known for their sport utility and off-road vehicles. Read reviews for their models:

Search local inventory and find your next vehicle on Rydeshopper.com

Jeep Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You
        Get Pricing on Rydeshopper

Jeep Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Original review: May 11, 2021

I have 2 Jeeps. One is a 2012 Jeep Patriot that has minor issues that haven't cost a ton. The other is a 2017 Jeep Compass that has had major financial issues recently. I have an extended warranty on the 2017 Jeep as I bought it used. I took it to my local Jeep dealership when it started hesitating and engine lights went on. They claimed it was a spark plug, maintenance issue that cost me over 500 dollars.

Then less than 2 months later same issues same lights on. I took it back to dealership and they diagnosed it with a throttle body problem that was going to cost me an additional 700 dollars (not under warranty). I towed it away but had to pay the 130 for the diagnostic problem they should have seen/fixed the first time. My 2012 Jeep has a 4wd light on ever since I took it to same dealership to fix a recall problem. My honest mechanic said the dealership pinched the wires when they fixed the recall problem. I will never buy another Jeep or go back to Newport Jeep for anything.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I have owned several Jeeps. Affordable 4 wheel drive vehicles, many options available, no shortage of available dealerships if in need of service. I love them for winter driving. Very stable and sturdy on snow or ice. Many options for purchasing.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

DO NOT BUY JEEP! Please look into other credible vehicle brands. Please believe ALL the reviews about their terrible service! First of all, let me first say initially my car is fairly new. It is still under warranty, and it started stalling. Well I find out via mail it’s a recall on the electric system that starts the issue ok... "Well my car isn’t driving properly. Can you all pick it up?" "Well let us get back with you.. Yes we can." My car gets to the dealership. They won’t service my car unless I sign some paperwork. "Understandable. Can you do e-docusign?" "No." "Can you pick me up?" "No." "Can you bring the papers to my home?" "No." I had to hire an Uber to jeep and back $40.

"When will my car be fixed?" "We don’t know." Dealership calls back.. "Can’t fix your car ma’am. We are backed up 4 days." "Can you provide a loaner car?" "No." "Why?" "Corporate says it must be a service that requires at least 48 hours. Your service only takes 20 minutes." I spent almost a wk getting a Uber back and forth to work $100.

A week after my car is fixed, car stalls out again on a major highway. I’m almost killed! At this point I’m ANGRY. Same thing. No loaner car, I can’t get to the dealership to sign off, I spent OVER $200 on appointment cancellations, Uber rides, and food delivery services! No rentals are available in my area. "We gave you a case manager. She’s not available until Monday morning. You will have to wait..." Guess who will be doing Uber again on Monday morning?? DO NOT buy Jeep. The customer service is terrible. I get better service buying a $3 chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-A than I have buying a 32,000 vehicle!! I’m filing a suit, giving bad reviews until the day I die! I’m that angry over these selfish, greedy, unreliable, jerks!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I want to start off by saying that I come from a family of multiple Jeep owners (husband, mom, dad, brother, mother-in-law, etc.) as we all love Jeep. More so, I was looking forward to purchasing a second vehicle for myself (of course a Jeep) because they have been reliable cars, or so I thought, and I had faith in the Jeep Company. That was until my unfortunate and super expensive experience that has kickstarted my 2021 year. While driving back home shortly after New Year’s Day, my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with only 66K miles, suddenly decided not to turn back on after stopping for gas. Fortunately, I was able to tow it to the nearest Jeep dealership, where I only go to for car service. Since it was the holidays, there was a delay in my car's diagnostic.

After 4 days of being at the Jeep dealership, I was finally informed that my fuel pump and wiring had to be replaced for about $1,500 plus tax because nothing that needed repair was covered under warranty. Now, let's add $1,500 plus tax to the total cost that I have been incurring with rental car, stay, food, etc. since my 2015 Jeep, with only 66k miles, stopped working while I was 4 hours away from home. I decided to call the Jeep warranty customer care to get clarification on what is covered in my warranty. After speaking with several customer care agents, they all shared that my fuel pump is covered under the manufacturer’s warranty for up to 7 years or 100K miles, which conflicted with what the Jeep dealership shared. Additionally, I was told that I had trip interruption protection for up to 100K, which would help with all the costs I was incurring being 4 hours away from home.

Unfortunately, the Jeep car dealership and the Jeep warranty customer care were not agreeing, which caused additional delays in my car getting fixed. After speaking with various customer care numbers for 2 days that were being provided to me by each representative, it was finally confirmed that my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee’s fuel pump and wiring was not covered under any warranty. Additionally, the trip interruption plan that I was told I had, was indeed not true. Now I understand that rules are rules. However, this experience has left me with 2 burning questions: 1) How reliable are Jeep cars to break down at only 66K miles? 2) How reliable is the Jeep Company with ensuring proper employee training so that customers are not misled? -Sincerely disheartened by Jeep!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I bought this car brand new and have now had it for 2 years. It has been the worst car I have ever had in my life. The windshield is a magnet for chips and you can tell that it is bad quality, have had two chips and one crack already driving on paved roads. The paint is also cheap as it chips very easily with normal driving. And the biggest issue other than all the recalls, is that my car takes the most expensive oil which is full synthetic and for some reason it is empty at 3,000 miles. Have taken it to the dealer and even called Jeep and nobody seems to be able to fix the issue. They just tell me to keep adding oil because these cars are notorious for doing that.

It is a safety issue because the car stalls while driving since it is constantly running out of oil, but neither the dealers or jeep seem to care. That's not to mention all the problems I had with the radio trying to get Android Auto to work properly, jeep kept telling me that the problem was I needed new usb cable but in the end I found out on my own that the actual problem were the apps on the radio. Basically jeep never has answers to anything, you have to figure it out on your own like you are the one getting paid to do the job. Best thing I can do now is get rid of this jeep and never do business with them again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I have a 2016 Jeep Patriot that I've owned for not even 2 years. On July 31st the engine blew up on me and I have contacted Jeep and was told even though my Jeep is barely over the warranty coverage....I'm out $4000 on a new engine!!!! Im a disabled unemployed Iraq war veteran, but hey apparently Jeep doesn't care about the soldiers and veterans to even remotely make it right or do anything to help.... I shouldn't have to foot this bill for a new engine in such a new vehicle.... Absolutely garbage customer service and helpfulness in a persons time of need.... Don't waste your time with a vehicle that will blow up not even before its next oil change after the warranty expires.... Get you a vehicle with 100k mile warranty and actually be covered....

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I purchased a brand new Jeep Compass in September 2015. I owned jeeps previously but not a compass and never had problems like I am having now. At 3 years old my compass radio went out and needed to be replaced the car has 30,000 miles on it but the radio was not covered under warranty. It cost me 450.00 to replace it. In 2019 at 4 years old I needed a new wheel bearing and had to replace front and back breaks rotors and pads to the tune of over 800.00. Car had 35,000 miles on it. In June of 2020 a sensor for the battery went and car would not start. I had to have it towed to the dealer for 200.00. The sensor cost 12 dollars but I was charged 300.00 for 2 hours of labor. Now the 4wd, traction control light and ABS light all came on.

When I took it to my local mechanic he said the wiring for these sensors was all corroded and would need to be replaced. He did not give me an estimate but told me it would be very expensive. The car has 42,000 miles on it. I am very disgusted and would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. I called Jeep and they told me they Couldnt help as my warranty ended Sept. 9 2020. Nice Company!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I feel bad I have to write this but....I bought a Jeep Compass back in March 2019 from the Route 46 Jeep Dealership in Little Falls, NJ. DO NOT GO TO THIS DEALERSHIP!!! IT IS TERRIBLE. I had to wait over an hour until they found the vehicle I was inquiring about. Then the finance guy, Alex **, was awful in giving me all of the details of my loan. Very rushed and basically didn't care about what was best for me. I was told the Compass was certified and when i went to sign the papers, it was not for the amount quoted online as the sales price. I had to pay an additional 1200 for the certified fee! This was not disclosed or mentioned in any paperwork until I sat down with the finance person at the last minute. Very unprofessional. I waited to speak to the manager of the dealership before I left, but he was conveniently unavailable for over an hour.

Next issue-had car serviced at the Morgantown, WV dealership in October 2019. Then in June 2020, the car stalls out on me. I had vehicle towed to a White Plains, NY dealership. Issue was that the Morgantown dealership left screws of the torque plate in the car and they punched a hole in my motor and transmission. Now I find out the parts are not coming in until October 2020. I have been without a vehicle from June 2020 and will not get my car until October 2020. Jeep is not helping me at all! Issue was Jeep's fault and they are doing nothing to help me. Very frustrated. Will never buy a Jeep again.

Original review: June 16, 2020

Bought a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited 6 cyl. in Oct. 2018.. Biggest mistake Ever.. From the first week issues started. As the months passed the issues became more and more serious..and ONLY A COUPLE ISSUES HAVE BEEN RESOLVED, LEAST FOR THE TIME BEING... AND TODAY ANOTHER ISSUE.. CAN'T PUT GAS IN IT!! IT SPITS IT RIGHT BACK ON ME!! SO I called the dealership and in a week or so I can have it "looked" at..so I called CS at Jeep and got the same reply.. I think sooner would be a nice thing!!

Everyone I have spoken to says theirs too, is a total nightmare.. Just "DO NOT BUY ONE".. I NEVER WILL AGAIN!! JUST CALLED MY CHRYSLER dealer who I bought my 300s from. They'll get me in tomorrow.. Yay..Chrysler Of Waseca Mn. Best dealership around!! Issues include..paint lift, no working seatbelts, lock out, lockdown, screen went blank then horizontal lines, jerking, won't start, won't accept gas, radio on and off.. I have asked right away for Jeep to take it back when I had no working seat belts on day one but no reply.. They did repair the seatbelts... I'm glad I have my old 1995 Chrysler Lebaron convert ...much more reliable than this 2019 JEEP!!

Original review: June 12, 2020

2017 Jeep Renegade, problem car: 56,000 miles power steering went out, belt is intact, Power steering module is bad, must purchase steering rack (not sold separately) with module. Repair cost about 2014$ plus tax. Will not be purchasing another Jeep product. Had Dodge Journey with 89,000. Did not have any problems.

Jeep Company Information