Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.72/5

Jeep

Jeeps is an American car manufacterer that is best known for their sport utility and off-road vehicles. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

809 Jeep Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Bought the car in 2003, a year old. I wanted a good road car for work and a Jeep for weekends. This car was and is both. Very little trouble. 160,000 miles on original motor and transmission. A few minor problems but overall a great car. Really a great highway car and also great for camping. If the weather is really bad the dog and I can sleep in the back. I am writing because I see that Land Rover has a line of dog accessories. I rescue old, sick dogs, no one else wants. They are nice dogs and we have a good time. As they get old it gets harder for them to get in the Jeep. I cannot find a ramp that they like. I put cheap AstroTurf in the back and would not mind buying a mat that fit. I guess that is it. Happy customer.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I ordered a Trackhawk when they became available and received it November 29th and was present when it rolled off the truck. It has been everything I expected. It is quick, reliable, very well constructed inside and out. My wife and I took it on a road trip from Kansas City to Seattle area and back and really enjoyed the way it performed and handled. Very easy to drive and use all of the options. It is sure footed in poor road conditions and easy to drive in traffic. This is the ultimate sleeper vehicle. I also own a 15 Viper which is also fun and more than capable of outperforming almost anything on the road and also well put together.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2018

My 2006 Jeep Commander is nice and big with 3rd row seat. Great for my big family. Has enough room for everyone to have drinks. I like that my daughter can charge her phone in the 3rd row seat. Leg space for everyone is also good. Overall a very good buy and I am very pleased with it. It has everything I was looking for. If I ever have to buy another car I will be sure to get another Jeep Commander.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I just bought the Jeep Liberty a few weeks ago. I like its automatic windows, 4 wheel drive and the back opens up either just the glass or the glass and the door. And the door actually opens up to the side not downward. However, I would change the outer appearance. I wish the body shape wasn't so round and compact. I don't like the super boxy look either but somewhere between this style and the boxy style would be perfect. But other than that, I love this vehicle. It's a 2006 with 141,000 miles on it, runs like a champ and looks like it's brand new practically.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Jeep Compass is good on gas. I am glad I picked this type of car. It is reasonably priced for an SUV. It has great stereo and the speakers work well. I like the Bluetooth that came with it. It's nice to be hands free. Moreover, the air conditioning works great. The Compass is great, but I wish it had more leg room and reverse camera. It would be a great safety feature. Also, I'd like it if the front window and side front windows had a bit more tint.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Original review: June 2, 2019

I have been dealing with many ongoing issues with my 2006 Jeep Commander 3.7 6 cylinder. I have called them & emailed the company on several occasions about my dash lights just coming on & losing all power as I am driving. It's very scary because I always have my 13 yr old in the vehicle. No code comes up on the scanner when I have brought it in several times to the garage. Jeep Chrysler says they have not heard of this issue. I have found many many people with this issue online. Very discouraged with the same issue. There is so many wires & control panels in this vehicle it makes me nervous that some of these wires are fried & nobody can find it.

I am exhausted with paying out of pocket with this vehicle. Yes it's a 2006 but I can not afford anything else & I have had it for 5 yrs now. These issues started about 1 1/2-2 yrs ago. I loved this vehicle & with me driving everywhere for my daughters sports it's worked. Now I get nervous & I don't trust it. Which makes me very sad. This vehicle has made me stopped doing stuff that I used to. That's no way to live. I love Jeeps but this is making me not want to buy a Jeep again. It's something I can't keep putting money into.

The issue I also have is the service engine light. That's the catalytic converter. My mechanic told me to check with Jeep because it is something well known for breaking in them & there could be a recall. I did check & again they didn't know what I was talking about. This is the 2nd converter I've put in the vehicle in 5 yrs. The paperwork from the 1 previous owner had also done it 2 yrs before I purchased it in 2014. Which in my previous vehicle that I had for 10 yrs not once did I put a catalytic converter in. After reviewing several reviews from Jeep Commander owners I decided to write a review out of frustration. I really would like to think Jeep would do the right thing especially with our kids always in our vehicle & future Jeep buyers deciding to not buy another Jeep. Thank you.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My husband and I have been lifelong Jeep owners, until now. We decided to upgrade our 2013 2 door Freedom Edition to a 2019 Mojito Wrangler 4 door Rubicon. We special ordered it exactly the way we wanted. Spent months researching and looking at Jeeps so that we would get the perfect car. We sold our 2013 outright about 2 weeks before ours was delivered. We waited almost a month for it to come into the dealer. Not ideal but ok it takes awhile to put a car together right? Dealer finally called us and we drove two hours to pick up our new toy. It was pouring when we got there which was disappointing, but now looking back that was a godsend.

During inspection we found scratches all over interior panels, and spots on the doorsills where the paint was chipped down to bare metal. Could get over that.

Then during the test drive the car pulled to the right, and had thunking noise upon breaking, along with huge dent in the steering wheel at the top right where you put your hand. (We're told it was a manufacturer defect.)

But the final straw was when we pulled it in and found the Sky One roof leaking in the back and discovered the carpet in the back was soaked. Further inspection found that on the passenger side the Sky One roof was not smooth but wrinkled and had a piece of the frame/metal pushing up thru it. For an almost $60,000 vehicle this was not acceptable and we did not take delivery of what was supposed to be our dream Jeep. It was heartbreaking to us as we were so excited to get this car. Dealer tried to place an order for another car but it is no longer available to order. What????

Now we are dealing with Jeep Cares. (Really should be called something else.) Two weeks of the runaround of someone will call you - no calls, we assigned a manager they will call - no call. You get the picture. Now finally after many hours on the phone someone finally called us. What we have been offered is talk to your dealer and have them place an order - well they can't. Then we can fix the car they have and you can have that one. Why in the world would I want a car with 8 miles on it that has to be taken apart and rebuilt to fix issues that should never have been there. This feels like they just want to pass off the problems to us; because let's be real here... there will be nothing but problems with a vehicle like this.

We have searched other dealers nationwide and have not been able to find a Jeep dealer with the color and options that we wanted; they either have $5,000 more of options or are missing options that are important to us. Final piece is during the time this has all taken we have had two incentives from Jeep expire with no way of recouping the $1,500 for those offered either. At this point we are waiting for them to come up with something other than accepting a Jeep that is subpar. Overall not a great experience not anything that would make me want to do this ever again with Jeep.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Jeep does not takes care of their customer in all fairness. I purchase a 2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude back in November 2016 at Suresky in Goshen NY. In the beginning of 2018 I started getting an issue with my car. I had oil consumption issue. Engine light would come on and the car would feel like as if it’s going to shutdown. Every time I would take to get my oil change, the mechanic would tell me that I have barely have any oil. So I took it to where I purchase the car and explained to them that my issues are with my car. So they did their inspection and testing and at the end they told me that the oil consumption was normal. Mind you I had 45,995 miles and still under warranty.

April 29 2019 my car started blowing white smoke out of my tailpipe. Was unable to drive the vehicle home. Following day I took it to the nearest Jeep dealer around my job Croton Auto Park, Croton on Hudson, NY. They did a diagnostic and found #3 cylinder misfires, all my spark plugs are full of oil, a piece of spark plug was found inside the engine and a piece of the piston was to found inside the engine. I called the Jeep FCA opened a case. One of the representatives that helped me open my case told me that my issue with my car was common. She has handled a few of the same issues. The service Manager at the Croton Auto Park also told me that these are very common with the model of my car. I was told that to fix the car it would cost $12,000.00 and the Jeep were only willing to pay $8000 and I have to come up with the other $4000 out of pocket.

Now I am 67,000 miles (7000) over the warranty and was told that this is their last offer. I believe that I should not have to pay for any of this because if this was addressed when I brought it in the day that I was still covered under warranty and below the mileage I wouldn’t need to pay anything. This is a manufacture defect. A 2 1/2 year old car having this kind of issues is unheard of. I provided proof of maintenance records. I am a loyal customer with Jeep. I had a 2003 and 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2016 Jeep Wrangler and now 2018 Jeep Renegade Latitude. I have never had a bad experience with Jeep till now. This is the worst experience I ever had. I am going to continue to post all this in all social media until I am heard and acknowledge.

Original review: April 19, 2019

My husband and I bought a 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk the year it came out. Since then, we've had several issues pop up. One of the major issues is that the car is sluggish and won't accelerate fast enough. There's an under-powered engine and a transmission that's clunky and seems to jump gears. For example: When the car slows down it jumps gears. I can foresee that this could be a major safety issue at some point.

At about 20,000 miles or so, we had to bring the Jeep into the dealership to get fixed because the remote start wouldn't work properly, the paint was already chipping off of the Trailhawk emblem and the seatbelt wasn't installed properly and was clicking. Jeep had this car priced at around $30,000 with all of these issues. My husband and I wanted to trade in the Jeep and they were only going to offer a trade in amount of about $15,000. My father always said that a car is nothing but a pit to throw your money in. Some pits are a lot deeper (cough cough: JEEP!). And this one you're better off just passing by.

Original review: April 16, 2019

We bought a 2018 Jeep Wrangler. The Stabilizer shock went out at about 6,000 miles. The rear end went completely out at 12k miles. Never been off-roading either. Been at the shop for two months now. Cannot get parts. Keep getting the runaround and parts not expected for another two months. Got a Wrangler rental, stabilizer shock went out at 6500 miles on the rental... I wish I could get my money back. I do not recommend them at all.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I got a 2018 Jeep Wrangler that is trailer rated. I paid $42,000 for it for the fact that I like to go off road. On New Year's Eve my wife was coming home in a downpour on the highway when the jeep just stop running. She pulled over to get out of the way. She tried starting it a couple of times and nothing. I went and picked her up 150 miles away and had it towed to my house. I called the dealer and had to wait 14 days before they could look at it.

Two days later I got a call that water got into the motor and it would be $12,000 for a new one. I asked what about my 7 year 100 mile warrant they said it is not covered. I called Chrysler and they said no good. I looked up what trail rated stood for and it said that the jeep could go in water up to 19 to 30 inches. When I said that to them they said that does not mean rain. So to fix my jeep I had to go through my insurance. I will never buy a Chrysler again and have told my friends not to use that dealer or buy a Chrysler. P.s. I work in a company where there 46,000 employees and I posted this on their website.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I leased a 2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk in February 2018. 2 months later I had to take it back to dealer for the paint peeling. Of course they were asking me stupid questions... Maybe it's the sun?? Maybe it's from a carwash... really??? It's a defect.... THEN... it started jerking. I would come to a stop sign or a red light and it would jerk upon acceleration. One time I actually thought someone had hit me from behind. Took it back to dealer... can’t find anything wrong... Then last month I took it to another dealer... they found a cylinder misfiring... yeah sounds safe to me. Started doing it again after getting the car back for 3 days. Dropped it off again and they once again find nothing wrong. I will NEVER buy another Jeep product. I just want OUT Of this lease... Oh, and by the way... I have 8800 miles on it.

Original review: March 13, 2019

In Jan my Jeep Patriot with 13,000 miles suddenly stopped on the highway. Dealer could not find a problem. On March 3, a 150 miles from home, it happened again. Nearly got crushed by a tractor trailer. Engine light came on. Had it towed the nearest Jeep dealer. Had to rent a car to get home. After three days dealer could not find the problem and suggested I call Jeep customer service. I did on March 6th. Customer service gave case # **. Said they would assign the problem to a case manager and she would call me on March 7th.

I would also get an email from them confirming case number and their agreement to pay for the rental car. Neither happened on March 7th. I have called customer service 4 times since then and left messages for the case manager to call me. No callback. I emailed the Jeep executive office on March 8 to ask for help. No response. The dealer still has my car a 150 miles from home. It is now 10 days. I would suggest you think twice before buying a Jeep.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I bought a new 2018 Jeep Renegade. At three months/4,200 miles it kept stalling out. I called the dealership for suggestions. They stated that I needed to check my oil level. I was very confused by that being a new vehicle. It was over 5 quarts low!! No check engine or oil lights ever came on at any time! How is that possible?! How long have I been driving without oil in my engine? After some online research, I am seeing this has been a big issue with this model with no recalls. NOT ACCEPTABLE!! Buyers beware!!!

Original review: March 11, 2019

I own a 2010 Jeep Liberty with the sky slider roof- reason I bought the car! It is broken & Jeep has stopped making parts to fix! Shame on Jeep for not supporting their product! I have contacted Jeep but they tell me to look in salvage yards- REALLY? I have searched for parts to no avail! My vehicle is 8 years old, low mileage & in great shape except for the main attraction- the sky slider! Therefore making the car worthlessness!

Original review: March 7, 2019

My 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk with 19,000 miles on was great right up until the Power Transfer Unit failed which in turn cause the transmission to catastrophically fail. Jeep is refusing to cover the $13,000 repair bill under warranty. As I was coming to a stop at a rural intersection, I got hung up on a small snow drift. After about 30 minutes of getting in and out of the car while trying all the different 4x4 modes and shoveling, everything exploded. By exploded, I mean I was picking up shrapnel off the ground and transmission fluid was pouring out. This happened while the transmission temp gauge was no higher than 180f.

When a person is stuck in the snow, it usually requires spinning the tires a bit, trying to go both forward & reverse, etc. I won't say I was babying the Cherokee, because I wasn't, but I was not revving it up to redline or being overly hard on it. Jeep of course is trying to say it's all my fault but as of this moment, they have not released any specific details to me on exactly how it was my fault or what the criteria is for it being my fault. I do know that after buying a brand new $40,000 Jeep vehicle, I won't ever buy an FCA product again. Don't believe the "all weather capable" hype, the photos I have prove that it isn't!

Original review: March 2, 2019

This is the third car I own, my first two cars were Honda and now I am currently driving a 2018 Jeep Compass. I have been driving this car since August, on 2/26/19 around 1:30pm I was driving for about 2 minutes when I stopped at a red light and my automatic stop/start turned my car off, I pressed the button and my car started again normally. As the light turned green I moved my foot from the break to the gas and my car did not move. I pressed the auto again and I still did not move, continued to put my car in park and nothing would work. I had to restart my car twice before it would move. This all happened while at a green light with cars behind me.

On 2/27/19 at 2:45pm I started my car and while I was still driving pressed the auto stop/start, I get about 200 feet further before my car starts slowing down on its own and shut off. I waited some time before restarting my car. On 3/1/19 at 2:30pm I did not have auto stop/start on, I was driving for some time and my car started to slow down again so I pushed on the gas to accelerate, it would not accelerate and I was able to pull over to the side when my car came to a stop on its own and the emergency break light came on on its own. I waited some time again before restarting my car. I do not feel safe driving this car as it is dangerous to just stop on its own. **Please note the vehicle has approximately 2965 miles on it as of 3/2/19.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I have a terrible experience with this car. I bought it with 17000 miles on it a year ago and had only been able to put 3000 miles on it due the I can’t use it because it has to be covered every time it rains or all the interior will get over a gallon of water. I had called multiple times Spartanburg Jeep dealer for help or a warranty and they just ignore me.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

2009 Jeep Patriot - Stalling issues, mechanics dont know and can't fix because there is no warning lights, the Jeep is dangerous to drive, too many others complaining of the same thing. Chrysler doesn't seem take care about putting people's lives at risk.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

At 41,000 my service light came on. Took to the dealership and was charged $803 to replace the $71 thermostat. Talked to customer service and they told me to submit my receipt and they would file a claim. We know of 2 other people who own the same vehicle and both had to have their thermostats replaced at similar mileage, so INDEFINITELY A KNOWN PROBLEM. After a 45 day wait they call and tell me that my claim is denied because I am out of warranty. Obviously I told them that from the get go, so why have me file a claim? Also, back door handle fell off. What a piece of junk! We bought this vehicle new. We've always bought Hondas and other than oil changes, brakes and new tires we've never spent a penny on repairs. Live and learn. STAY AWAY FROM JEEP.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

If I can save even ONE person from throwing their money away on a Jeep Renegade Sport, that’s great! I have this car under lease. In 2.5 years it has required: a new computer, new AC, new transmission and the thingy that helps with a flat tire does not work, so I had to buy a spare. A conservative estimate of the work needed is about $10,000. I had to cover $2,000 of it myself. Never ever not ever would I recommend anyone buy a Jeep.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

2012 Jeep Liberty Sky rider roof will not stay closed. I took it back to the dealer and they stated that Jeep no longer repairs the Sky Slider roof. Took it to a repair shop and they told me that they could not find parts as Jeep stop making it and there is no after market. I am stuck with nowhere to go. Jeep/Chrysler should do something to help all the Jeep aficionados who have the Sky Slider roof.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Dashboard material is all wrinkled and de-laminating. Dealership not interested, Chrysler Canada not interested in helping with the issue. $70,000 vehicle that now looks like hell. Tires from new only lasted 50,000K and 4 wheel transmission motor failed 2 times in warranty and once costing me $900 just outside warranty. Never will buy anything from Chrysler again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

The customer service provided by Jeep and its affiliated mother company Chrysler is just plain AWFUL!! I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty and the window regulators on my car have broken THIRTEEN times since I've owned the vehicle. Jeep was willing to repair the first 12 and has since refused to offer to pay the $475 it would take to repair the next broken regulator. Would YOU be naive enough to pay $475 dollars for something that happens THIS frequently? How would you feel if Jeep and Chrysler both said they weren't willing to help you? And, suppose another regulator breaks next week - am I expected to pay $475 AGAIN??? My window is currently held in place with masking tape because the motor that powers it suddenly died (thirteenth time!). People can see how easily they can get into my car now.

The replacement parts are faulty, the service for this takes 3-4 hours at a time, and I've never once gotten an "I'm sorry" or a "thank you for your patience." You do the math - that's 36-48 hours of my life WASTED on THE SAME ISSUE. My time means nothing to these companies and neither will yours. Chrysler doesn't care about you. They've been giving me any excuse they can find to NOT help me! And Jeep has been no help since the issue should have been fixed during THE FIRST REPAIR! My most recent regulator issue broke on 4/7/17 and I've been arguing with Chrysler and Jeep for TWO MONTHS because neither of us want to pay for the ** service. Why should I fix it? Why should I keep my car? Why should I ever buy any Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram products ever again?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have 2018 a Jeep Cherokee Latitude. Jeep kept cutting off sometimes when I would drive it. When oil gets low motor will shut off. It would stall when making turns. I looked for leaks and didn't find any leaks. I noticed the jeep burns at least 2-3 quarts of oil every 2,000 to 3,000 miles. I called Dealer and Chrysler Corp. They said the same thing. Now I have to fill up with oil between oil changes. Sad, This Jeep burns oil like a old car.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I purchased my Jeep back at the end of August. Off and on, a “electronic stability control service” light would come on. I took it into the dealership and it was diagnosed as a vacuum leak. However, the part they needed was backordered and they didn’t know when they would get it. Although still running and driveable, they could not release it back to me for safety. Since it was under warranty, I was able to get a rental, but only for five days. Only could customer care extend that time period. I waited it out as long as possible driving the wife’s car until it became an issue.

I called customer care to make sure I could get the extension and was told a case manager would call me back. 3 weeks later and numerous phone calls, still not a word from customer care. Returned the rental and had to pay the majority out of pocket. Still no Jeep and customer care is silent. Now stuck with a rental car bill for a month old vehicle under warranty with 1,000 miles. I call B/S on that one. I’m pretty sure I’ll be trading in my Jeep if I ever see it again. These guys have terrible customer service and done paying for it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

As another review said, no matter which way you turn it's a dead end. My Jeep had (transmission) issues due to design flaw since day 1 and they snowball you and snowball you as you rack up mileage and it gets out of warranty. Still with quality issues slipping gears - they DO NOT stand behind their products and mechanic said outright that they are designed terribly. Still awaiting responses from Jeep / Chrysler credit. Again just falls on dead ears. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Having major issues with my Leased Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018. Every person I turn to, is turning me away. I have left several messages with Jeep on my case #** and no one has gotten back to me. I have called into Jeep everyday for the last month. I have names, dates, and no callbacks! Only aggravation! My car contains mold, I have taken my vehicle in for service 3 times already and every service center tells me there is nothing wrong with my car. During this time my car is in service, I had to rent a car (at my expense) because Jeep will not provide me with a loaner. I have been in and out of service centers since August.

As the time goes by the smell is getting stronger and stronger. It has come to a point where I cannot even use the car. Mold is a health hazard and I will not put myself nor my children at a health risk! I do not want this car! I want to cancel my lease agreement and not have to deal with Jeep ever again! This is experience has become a nightmare from Hell! I don't know who else to call at this point! At this point, I will take legal action and file a lawsuit against Jeep!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

To Whom It May Concern, I’m writing this letter to voice our frustrations with the Jeep brand, and express our concerns for other owners of the 2013-present day Jeep Cherokee. In July of 2017, my now fiancé purchased a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4 from Ramsey Motors in Riverside, MO. The vehicle at the time had roughly 24, ** miles, it was a one owner vehicle originally purchased new from Gladstone DCJ & R in 2015.

On approximately June 18th-19th, the car would not start for my fiancé to make her commute to work. She found a ride, and I had MOPAR roadside assistance tow the vehicle to Stateline CDJ&R of Kansas City for diagnosis. On June 21th, a representative of Stateline called to tell me a PRNDL switch was the root of our issue and quoted me to replace. I protested, believing the issue to be caused by a failing alternator, however being ”highly qualified technicians” I agreed, and Stateline followed through with the service. We picked the car up from Stateline on 6/29/18.

The morning on 6/30/18 (yes the next day!) the car failed to start at a gas station in Pittsburg, KS, I instructed my fiancé to take the vehicle to Jay Hatfield DCJ&R in Frontenac, KS. A diagnosis by the service tech that day suggested… a failing alternator! Jay Hatfield apologized for the Stateline’s mistake, quoted me to repair, and promised the car returned to us by the end of the following week.

The next few days were spent communicating with and agreeing to a 50% refund of our service fees done by Stateline, we picked the vehicle back up from Jay Hatfield on 7/6/18, I replaced the battery as a precaution the next day. 19 days, 2 dealerships, over $1,500.00 out of pocket, we finally had our vehicle back and felt comfortable with it again. How wrong was I!

In early September, the vehicle failed to start on several occasions. Being that Jay Hatfield last had their hands on it, and frankly I found them to be honest and straightforward gentlemen, we made the 100 mile trip back to Jay Hatfield with the vehicle for a 2nd diagnosis. Jay Hatfield kept the vehicle for about 4 days, repeatedly stated to me the vehicle started each time they tried, and returned it to me. I felt like the boy who cried wolf! Are these service departs downright over and done with me? We’re not crazy, the vehicle is malfunctioning, we don’t drive 100 miles for a service appointment for fun & games.

We made it through the next 30 days or so without an issue, until the morning of 10/10/18. While leaving a doctor’s appointment and going to work, the car died on my fiancé in traffic. A complete loss of power to the vehicle, no dash lights, no acceleration, nothing. The vehicle was pushed out of traffic, eventually regained power on its own, and driven home where now it sits dead in the driveway. Emergency lights are nice to have when a vehicle is stalled in traffic, my fiancé was not afforded this luxury!

This is the final straw, it is clear as day that Chrysler/Jeep builds an inferior product, and maintains inferior means of training technicians to diagnose the very vehicles they sell to the public. The vehicle is nothing more than a $32,000 lawn ornament. Bringing me to the purpose of this letter, as stated above, we are collectively through with CDJ&R vehicles we want nothing to do with this Jeep Cherokee.

I am writing with hope that somebody of purpose takes notice, and chooses to take the extra steps to address a customer’s complaint even when their technician is stumped. It is clear there is a deep electrical issue with these vehicles that needs to be investigated. A stalling vehicle in traffic, and subsequently pushing it out of traffic in the rain is a terrifying, extremely unsafe, and completely avoidable situation. I urge you all to take this into consideration when the inevitable “next one” arrives on your doorstep, hopefully that situation turns out better for the customer. If you have any questions, or wish to discuss this topic further, I can be reached via email or on my cell @ **. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

On June 7th of this year, and since then I have had to take the Jeep close to ten times. I purchased this Jeep for a rather affordable price compared to other models at the dealership. I soon found out why. Within 24 hours of owning it, the cooling fan stopped working and caused the engine to overheat within seconds of starting the engine. I took it in to the same dealership I bought it from, a certified Jeep one at that, to be repaired and thought that was it. Exactly two weeks later, the check engine light came back on but this time it was because there was a small evap leak with the emissions system. They repaired it and assured me everything was fine. A week later the light came back on and I was told the fuel tank pressure sensor was faulty. Once again that was taken care of and they said everything was fine.

Yet another week went by and the light was back on. The same sensor they replaced the week prior was also faulty. They replaced this and I was hoping everything was finally done having issues. That lasted about two weeks when the light came back on. The dealership said it was being caused by the emissions system, which at this point they had completely replaced the module, but everything was fine. No leaks, no faulty sensors. The light was just on. They cleared it and a week later the light was back on. Only after all this was my Jeep's issues being taken up with Chrysler. I was told that if the light came back on, don't even bother taking it in, just keep driving it like normal. I wasn't having that since the light coming on could have been caused by anything.

The final straw was when I was trying to make a left turn in a busy intersection. I pressed on the gas and could hear the engine revving but the car was not moving forward aside from the normal rolling that happens. I took the Jeep in the next morning and they said it had to do with the ABS system needing an update. I almost was in a car accident over an update? That's unacceptable to me. I cannot wait to be rid of this vehicle as I no longer feel safe driving it and I have grown tired of constantly needing to take it in.

Jeep Company Information