Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
2.39/5

Jeep

Jeeps is an American car manufacterer that is best known for their sport utility and off-road vehicles. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

794 Jeep Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

If I can save even ONE person from throwing their money away on a Jeep Renegade Sport, that’s great! I have this car under lease. In 2.5 years it has required: a new computer, new AC, new transmission and the thingy that helps with a flat tire does not work, so I had to buy a spare. A conservative estimate of the work needed is about $10,000. I had to cover $2,000 of it myself. Never ever not ever would I recommend anyone buy a Jeep.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

2012 Jeep Liberty Sky rider roof will not stay closed. I took it back to the dealer and they stated that Jeep no longer repairs the Sky Slider roof. Took it to a repair shop and they told me that they could not find parts as Jeep stop making it and there is no after market. I am stuck with nowhere to go. Jeep/Chrysler should do something to help all the Jeep aficionados who have the Sky Slider roof.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Dashboard material is all wrinkled and de-laminating. Dealership not interested, Chrysler Canada not interested in helping with the issue. $70,000 vehicle that now looks like hell. Tires from new only lasted 50,000K and 4 wheel transmission motor failed 2 times in warranty and once costing me $900 just outside warranty. Never will buy anything from Chrysler again.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

The customer service provided by Jeep and its affiliated mother company Chrysler is just plain AWFUL!! I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty and the window regulators on my car have broken THIRTEEN times since I've owned the vehicle. Jeep was willing to repair the first 12 and has since refused to offer to pay the $475 it would take to repair the next broken regulator. Would YOU be naive enough to pay $475 dollars for something that happens THIS frequently? How would you feel if Jeep and Chrysler both said they weren't willing to help you? And, suppose another regulator breaks next week - am I expected to pay $475 AGAIN??? My window is currently held in place with masking tape because the motor that powers it suddenly died (thirteenth time!). People can see how easily they can get into my car now.

The replacement parts are faulty, the service for this takes 3-4 hours at a time, and I've never once gotten an "I'm sorry" or a "thank you for your patience." You do the math - that's 36-48 hours of my life WASTED on THE SAME ISSUE. My time means nothing to these companies and neither will yours. Chrysler doesn't care about you. They've been giving me any excuse they can find to NOT help me! And Jeep has been no help since the issue should have been fixed during THE FIRST REPAIR! My most recent regulator issue broke on 4/7/17 and I've been arguing with Chrysler and Jeep for TWO MONTHS because neither of us want to pay for the ** service. Why should I fix it? Why should I keep my car? Why should I ever buy any Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram products ever again?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I have 2018 a Jeep Cherokee Latitude. Jeep kept cutting off sometimes when I would drive it. When oil gets low motor will shut off. It would stall when making turns. I looked for leaks and didn't find any leaks. I noticed the jeep burns at least 2-3 quarts of oil every 2,000 to 3,000 miles. I called Dealer and Chrysler Corp. They said the same thing. Now I have to fill up with oil between oil changes. Sad, This Jeep burns oil like a old car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I purchased my Jeep back at the end of August. Off and on, a “electronic stability control service” light would come on. I took it into the dealership and it was diagnosed as a vacuum leak. However, the part they needed was backordered and they didn’t know when they would get it. Although still running and driveable, they could not release it back to me for safety. Since it was under warranty, I was able to get a rental, but only for five days. Only could customer care extend that time period. I waited it out as long as possible driving the wife’s car until it became an issue.

I called customer care to make sure I could get the extension and was told a case manager would call me back. 3 weeks later and numerous phone calls, still not a word from customer care. Returned the rental and had to pay the majority out of pocket. Still no Jeep and customer care is silent. Now stuck with a rental car bill for a month old vehicle under warranty with 1,000 miles. I call B/S on that one. I’m pretty sure I’ll be trading in my Jeep if I ever see it again. These guys have terrible customer service and done paying for it.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

As another review said, no matter which way you turn it's a dead end. My Jeep had (transmission) issues due to design flaw since day 1 and they snowball you and snowball you as you rack up mileage and it gets out of warranty. Still with quality issues slipping gears - they DO NOT stand behind their products and mechanic said outright that they are designed terribly. Still awaiting responses from Jeep / Chrysler credit. Again just falls on dead ears. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Having major issues with my Leased Jeep Grand Cherokee 2018. Every person I turn to, is turning me away. I have left several messages with Jeep on my case #** and no one has gotten back to me. I have called into Jeep everyday for the last month. I have names, dates, and no callbacks! Only aggravation! My car contains mold, I have taken my vehicle in for service 3 times already and every service center tells me there is nothing wrong with my car. During this time my car is in service, I had to rent a car (at my expense) because Jeep will not provide me with a loaner. I have been in and out of service centers since August.

As the time goes by the smell is getting stronger and stronger. It has come to a point where I cannot even use the car. Mold is a health hazard and I will not put myself nor my children at a health risk! I do not want this car! I want to cancel my lease agreement and not have to deal with Jeep ever again! This is experience has become a nightmare from Hell! I don't know who else to call at this point! At this point, I will take legal action and file a lawsuit against Jeep!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

To Whom It May Concern, I’m writing this letter to voice our frustrations with the Jeep brand, and express our concerns for other owners of the 2013-present day Jeep Cherokee. In July of 2017, my now fiancé purchased a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4 from Ramsey Motors in Riverside, MO. The vehicle at the time had roughly 24, ** miles, it was a one owner vehicle originally purchased new from Gladstone DCJ & R in 2015.

On approximately June 18th-19th, the car would not start for my fiancé to make her commute to work. She found a ride, and I had MOPAR roadside assistance tow the vehicle to Stateline CDJ&R of Kansas City for diagnosis. On June 21th, a representative of Stateline called to tell me a PRNDL switch was the root of our issue and quoted me to replace. I protested, believing the issue to be caused by a failing alternator, however being ”highly qualified technicians” I agreed, and Stateline followed through with the service. We picked the car up from Stateline on 6/29/18.

The morning on 6/30/18 (yes the next day!) the car failed to start at a gas station in Pittsburg, KS, I instructed my fiancé to take the vehicle to Jay Hatfield DCJ&R in Frontenac, KS. A diagnosis by the service tech that day suggested… a failing alternator! Jay Hatfield apologized for the Stateline’s mistake, quoted me to repair, and promised the car returned to us by the end of the following week.

The next few days were spent communicating with and agreeing to a 50% refund of our service fees done by Stateline, we picked the vehicle back up from Jay Hatfield on 7/6/18, I replaced the battery as a precaution the next day. 19 days, 2 dealerships, over $1,500.00 out of pocket, we finally had our vehicle back and felt comfortable with it again. How wrong was I!

In early September, the vehicle failed to start on several occasions. Being that Jay Hatfield last had their hands on it, and frankly I found them to be honest and straightforward gentlemen, we made the 100 mile trip back to Jay Hatfield with the vehicle for a 2nd diagnosis. Jay Hatfield kept the vehicle for about 4 days, repeatedly stated to me the vehicle started each time they tried, and returned it to me. I felt like the boy who cried wolf! Are these service departs downright over and done with me? We’re not crazy, the vehicle is malfunctioning, we don’t drive 100 miles for a service appointment for fun & games.

We made it through the next 30 days or so without an issue, until the morning of 10/10/18. While leaving a doctor’s appointment and going to work, the car died on my fiancé in traffic. A complete loss of power to the vehicle, no dash lights, no acceleration, nothing. The vehicle was pushed out of traffic, eventually regained power on its own, and driven home where now it sits dead in the driveway. Emergency lights are nice to have when a vehicle is stalled in traffic, my fiancé was not afforded this luxury!

This is the final straw, it is clear as day that Chrysler/Jeep builds an inferior product, and maintains inferior means of training technicians to diagnose the very vehicles they sell to the public. The vehicle is nothing more than a $32,000 lawn ornament. Bringing me to the purpose of this letter, as stated above, we are collectively through with CDJ&R vehicles we want nothing to do with this Jeep Cherokee.

I am writing with hope that somebody of purpose takes notice, and chooses to take the extra steps to address a customer’s complaint even when their technician is stumped. It is clear there is a deep electrical issue with these vehicles that needs to be investigated. A stalling vehicle in traffic, and subsequently pushing it out of traffic in the rain is a terrifying, extremely unsafe, and completely avoidable situation. I urge you all to take this into consideration when the inevitable “next one” arrives on your doorstep, hopefully that situation turns out better for the customer. If you have any questions, or wish to discuss this topic further, I can be reached via email or on my cell @ **. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

On June 7th of this year, and since then I have had to take the Jeep close to ten times. I purchased this Jeep for a rather affordable price compared to other models at the dealership. I soon found out why. Within 24 hours of owning it, the cooling fan stopped working and caused the engine to overheat within seconds of starting the engine. I took it in to the same dealership I bought it from, a certified Jeep one at that, to be repaired and thought that was it. Exactly two weeks later, the check engine light came back on but this time it was because there was a small evap leak with the emissions system. They repaired it and assured me everything was fine. A week later the light came back on and I was told the fuel tank pressure sensor was faulty. Once again that was taken care of and they said everything was fine.

Yet another week went by and the light was back on. The same sensor they replaced the week prior was also faulty. They replaced this and I was hoping everything was finally done having issues. That lasted about two weeks when the light came back on. The dealership said it was being caused by the emissions system, which at this point they had completely replaced the module, but everything was fine. No leaks, no faulty sensors. The light was just on. They cleared it and a week later the light was back on. Only after all this was my Jeep's issues being taken up with Chrysler. I was told that if the light came back on, don't even bother taking it in, just keep driving it like normal. I wasn't having that since the light coming on could have been caused by anything.

The final straw was when I was trying to make a left turn in a busy intersection. I pressed on the gas and could hear the engine revving but the car was not moving forward aside from the normal rolling that happens. I took the Jeep in the next morning and they said it had to do with the ABS system needing an update. I almost was in a car accident over an update? That's unacceptable to me. I cannot wait to be rid of this vehicle as I no longer feel safe driving it and I have grown tired of constantly needing to take it in.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I'm experiencing stalling, shuddering and shaking. I was told by a Jeep dealer I need an Electronic throttle control body. Of course they whipped out the cost but not the solution. They let me leave with the car like that. The next day I received a lightning bolt warning signal and the car stalled in traffic jerked forward and continued moving slowing in ongoing traffic. This is a safety issue and I advise other owners with these problems to report them.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Bought a new 2014 Jeep Cherokee, it was leaking oil and shutting off on the highway. They replaced the whole engine after 24,000 miles, now at 47,000 miles it needs a second engine. Can you imagine to replace 2 engines before it hits 50,000 miles. A complete disaster and failure for the so called JEEP.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

From the moment I purchased this vehicle I have had nothing but problems, constantly. I bought it new off the lot in 2011 and paid an extra $5k for the warranty. Every few months I have to take it to the dealer for repairs: Twice for exhaust leaks caused by broken exhaust bolts, fuel pump, radiator, water pump, rack and pinion, drive shaft, twice for inside fan blower, left motor mount twice, right motor mount, 8! times and counting for a vibration that cannot be determined, even after an engineer from Chrysler flew out, 2 a/c condensers, spark plug coil, exhaust manifold, rear light cover melted from poor design, air conditioning lines, play in the transmission, oil pan replaced... I mean the list goes on. The kicker is that I have never once even taken this vehicle off road. The bottom is spotless!

After endless hours on the phone constantly I have yet to receive anyone at Jeep who wants to resolve the issue. The offered me a CDI number for employee pricing, when I went into the dealership to explore the sales guy laughed at me and told me he has way better deals. I would discourage anyone from buying a Jeep ever. All my friends, family, and coworkers have a running joke about me and my Jeep. So sad, especially when Chrysler was bailed out billions of our tax payer money! In addition, I am a disabled service connected veteran of the US Air Force. And this is how I am treated by a company that touts their support of vets! Beyond disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Just hit 22,000 miles on my new 2017 Jeep Willys, only highway driving, less than two years old. The factory installed tires are in need of replacement. If you are planning on buying a one then request that the factory installed tires are replaced with a more reliable tire. A couple donuts from Dunkin' would last longer than the factory installed tires.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

It's hard to explain it all but in a nutshell -- Jeep doesn't stand behind their product and their customer service is a disservice. In June 2018, my Liberty roof got stuck open. The local dealer was helpful in getting the roof closed but said the part to repair it was back ordered 48 weeks. When the roof started to leak a bit more, I called Jeep/Chrysler to find a solution. OMG. Useless people and baloney answers. The part is in manufacturing. I said, "Good. How many are you shipping next week?" "IDK". "How many Jeeps did you produce with a sky slider roof?" "IDK". "A case manager will call you back." Oh that is not my dealership.

They should be ashamed of themselves to not support a car that is only 8 yrs old and allow the interior to ruined by the rain and not offer a viable solution to protect your investment. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND A JEEP PRODUCT AGAIN and I have had several. Buy a TOYOTA!!! or Hyundai --my second car is GREAT!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Particulate filter, catalytic converter, broken grommet, etc. - I am going on day 70 without my Jeep Grand Cherokee. 3 months of payments, no car. 3 months of Sirius radio payments, no car. Have heard the part is on back order for many months-Today called the Chrysler number and he said he sent messages but the service tech hasn't responded. 1st they put a new employee on my case. TWO days on the job. Come on guys. Really? Not fair to him or me. 2nd His response: “I will call the dealer and see if the part is there.” Duh dude-NO it is not there. (Oh wait, they forgot to give it to the tech). Then we had a tremendous exhaust leak into the cabin of my car. Car smoking like crazy. How do I file for Lemon Law?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Bought the car in 2003, a year old. I wanted a good road car for work and a Jeep for weekends. This car was and is both. Very little trouble. 160,000 miles on original motor and transmission. A few minor problems but overall a great car. Really a great highway car and also great for camping. If the weather is really bad the dog and I can sleep in the back. I am writing because I see that Land Rover has a line of dog accessories. I rescue old, sick dogs, no one else wants. They are nice dogs and we have a good time. As they get old it gets harder for them to get in the Jeep. I cannot find a ramp that they like. I put cheap AstroTurf in the back and would not mind buying a mat that fit. I guess that is it. Happy customer.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

The retractable roof broke and will not close completely... Contacted the dealer and was told it would take a month to get the pieces... That month is now going on five... Was given a number by the dealership to call and put in a complaint. Now I have a case number and a woman who calls me every week telling me they are working on rectifying the problem. I was told today that they are unable to make the replacement pieces at this time because the "mold" for the piece was lost... So now they are in the process of trying to find a manufacturer to make the "mold" to make the piece... then make sure it is safe for the public. REALLY... I call BS. They need to take this car back and return my money. This cannot be legal.

I am making car payments on a car I cannot drive safely... Do they not realize God forbid someone drives their car like this and gets into an accident and is ejected from the car and dies because of a faulty roof. Lawsuits up the butt... This is just ridiculous. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER JEEP EVER. This is such bad business on their part... and I will tell anyone who listens to me to never ever buy a Jee. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: July 24, 2018

After having a tiny fender bender, or flair bender in this case my car needed to have some minor work done. After waiting a month for parts I decided I was tired of waiting. I was going to be proactive and go above the body shop to see if I could get any help. After contacting several dealers who could not answer the simplest questions about the parts, I decided to call Jeep on my own. I used both the listed contact email and phone number from their website. After being put on intergalactic hold on 1st call, hung up on when I asked to speak to a mgr on the 2nd call, the third call and 3 hours of time actually let me start a case claim. I was told their “excellent “ customer service dept would get back to me within 48 hrs. That’s not excellent when you are having issues that have already taken a month to be addressed. I have to be honest when I say I couldn’t wait the 48 hrs and called back after 24.

Again given a scripted runaround statement or “FACTS” as they called it and told that I could keep waiting for my case person to contact me but they were not going to tell me anything different than what she did. Her name was SHAY and she supposedly is the end all be all of customer service at Jeep. She has no boss, no training personnel, or any other contact information to give you. No way to even report the fact that she was extremely belittling. So that’s it! Final answer! Do not pass go do not collect 200 bucks. So in short I have been left in a perpetual waiting period, for some parts out there in the universe.

They may come in they may not. And as for as Jeep is concerned I don’t think they care one bit if you were happy with your purchase, happy with their customer service or about you at all. They will NOT stand behind their brand, or give you any assistance once you drive that car off the lot. I’d be happy to speak with anyone at Jeep other than the call center people who I feel were not only unhelpful but downright rude... But I’m not holding my breath.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I ordered a Trackhawk when they became available and received it November 29th and was present when it rolled off the truck. It has been everything I expected. It is quick, reliable, very well constructed inside and out. My wife and I took it on a road trip from Kansas City to Seattle area and back and really enjoyed the way it performed and handled. Very easy to drive and use all of the options. It is sure footed in poor road conditions and easy to drive in traffic. This is the ultimate sleeper vehicle. I also own a 15 Viper which is also fun and more than capable of outperforming almost anything on the road and also well put together.

Original review: July 16, 2018

My 2016 Jeep Renegade shut off while driving home from work at 9:30pm. It was dark and raining. There was no shoulder to even coast too. I could have been injured if I got hit. I am scared to death to drive my Jeep because I’m terrified this will happen again. Turns out there was no oil in Jeep. Why? I ask. I just had an oil change not even 700 miles ago. I’m already down a quart or more so now what?

Original review: June 28, 2018

My 2006 Jeep Commander is nice and big with 3rd row seat. Great for my big family. Has enough room for everyone to have drinks. I like that my daughter can charge her phone in the 3rd row seat. Leg space for everyone is also good. Overall a very good buy and I am very pleased with it. It has everything I was looking for. If I ever have to buy another car I will be sure to get another Jeep Commander.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I just bought the Jeep Liberty a few weeks ago. I like its automatic windows, 4 wheel drive and the back opens up either just the glass or the glass and the door. And the door actually opens up to the side not downward. However, I would change the outer appearance. I wish the body shape wasn't so round and compact. I don't like the super boxy look either but somewhere between this style and the boxy style would be perfect. But other than that, I love this vehicle. It's a 2006 with 141,000 miles on it, runs like a champ and looks like it's brand new practically.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Jeep Compass is good on gas. I am glad I picked this type of car. It is reasonably priced for an SUV. It has great stereo and the speakers work well. I like the Bluetooth that came with it. It's nice to be hands free. Moreover, the air conditioning works great. The Compass is great, but I wish it had more leg room and reverse camera. It would be a great safety feature. Also, I'd like it if the front window and side front windows had a bit more tint.

Original review: June 26, 2018

With less than 3,000 miles my trans (2018 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4) malfunctioned while on the expressway. I lost all power to the engine. Thankfully I was able to exit safely. Towed for service to the dealership. Valve body harness replaced and said it was good to go. Driving home from the dealership it wasn't shifting correctly and eventually had no gears at all and need to be towed back the next day. My car got a new transmission. The next problem was the front windows wouldn't roll down. Back for service, a corroded module inside the door was the problem. No explanation as to how or why this happened other than it must of been installed that way.

Picked up car the next day and while driving home my HVAC would not switch modes, and the navigation system came up without prompting, returned within 10 minutes from pick up and back in for service. It's been in the repair shop 4x in less than a month and currently in for a week today with latest electrical issue. Thankfully my service department is backing me when I say this car needs to be taken back and I'm currently working with my dealership to make this happen. I have zero confidence in its dependability and am afraid to drive it.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I've always owned cars and I love SUVs. This Jeep Liberty has good gas mileage but had horrible suspension. Engine had to be replaced ball joints twice and locks keep malfunctioning. It does go good in the winter and four wheel drive is tricky but when you get it it works good. Price and the body style was also nice. It is roomy, convenient and I like the color, too. But a CD player, better engines and a better suspension would be nice. And fix the four wheel drive as well.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I've had an overall decent experience. I don't love the Jeep but it's reliable enough. The Jeep's design and features are very appealing. It has heated seats, a sunroof, a lot of extras, and it's nice to look at. There are also chrome rims. It connects my phone through the radio too. It's durable but I bought it certified from the dealer and as soon as the warranty expired I feel like I keep having to replace parts. I've had a lot of little mechanical issues go wrong as well. Also, when my teenagers sit in the back there isn't much leg room and I can't seem to have enough space to bring things. Our leather seats also get cold in the winter, and have some tiny tears now.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Jeep has always been a reliable brand and I love my Renegade. The interior is super roomy and very comfortable. This model also includes a fair amount of cargo space. The only features missing from this particular model are no hatchback and its lack of a cargo hitch. It'd be quite useful to be able to haul a small trailer if need be, as we have motorcycles that sometimes need hauled. But other than that, the safety features are great. As a parent, it makes me much more confident knowing my daughter is the safest she can be. The Jeep Renegade drives very smooth and it's a comfort to know that when the weather turns snowy, that 4-wheel drive can save you.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I was very disappointed cause my Jeep needs a new engine. It has a blown head gasket after 3 months of me owning it and the seller cut the 4 wheel drive shaft out. I wish I could have brought it to a garage to have it looked over cause then I would have had the opportunity to say no or gotten it cheaper or had the seller fix it. He just plainly ripped me off for like 2000. It's just not worth putting that kind of money in it. I also didn't like the center console. It has the window controls there instead of by the window like on the door panel. Even so, I liked the fact that it was an SUV but wasn't huge. It had plenty of space and seemed to have run great. Was also pretty easy to work on and maintain but I didn't really get to drive it all that much.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have great experience with my Jeep Compass. Good on gas, handles well in bad weather, it is a four cylinder engine, and comfortable. Get good gas mileage and parts are fairly affordable, too. It has heated seats, also has four wheel drive, very roomy for size of vehicle, has built in CD player and design is with customer comfort in mind, overall appearance of the vehicle catches the eye and it has a smaller engine which is fuel economy but has the power to get thru anything. However, the Jeep should have a bigger trunk or storage area or should come with a compartment on top of rack for better storage of road side equipment and car maintenance.

Jeep Company Information