2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.94/5

Jeeps is an American car manufacterer that is best known for their sport utility and off-road vehicles. Read reviews for their models:

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Jeep Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The Jeep is sturdy, strong, reliable and handles very well. It is comfortable to ride in, hauls my pets and Craigslist finds - and when washed is beautiful and elegant. A win win all around. I enjoy the 'little' things like heated seats, back window wiper, easy-to-pull down back seats and durable leather interior. It is three years old so it is relatively modern in style but it is sleek and gets the job done!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Overall a great car, especially for New England weather. Great handling and control in snow! Very comfortable interior with plenty of space. Holds more than expected when I moved, which was a great surprise. Only issue is once they hit about 9 years old, the repair bills start and come often and at an up there price tag. If you don't have a trusted mechanic, you'll want to find one once that 9 year mark hits.

Get buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I own or I should say paying to own my Jeep. I have had it for 3 years. So far it has been dependable. Not a fan of how the transmission works. It shifts but not always when it needs to. Been that way since the day I bought it. Since I have had it we have not had any real expensive repairs. We had to take it to the dealership to have a wheel sensor replaced. Other than tires and a realignment its been trouble free. I would recommend a Jeep Compass.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I buy Jeeps and have had four in my life. It's a fun car to drive and it's sexy too. It keeps the cool in style look and sense cars are so expensive today costing more than the lower 80% of Americans even make enough money to pay to own. This one is a little better or easier to buy. One problem is the transmission on all four of my jeeps breaks down after the 3500 mile warranty expires and it's a major fault in jeeps.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

This vehicle we have had been great for us for the last 5 yrs. The only issue is the motor. We had the lifters and rockers replaced under warranty just under the 100 000 miles but they went bad again and we don't have the money to repair it again. The only problem with the 2014 Jeep is the motors have issues that we believe Jeep knows about but have not said anything. I have heard the 3.6 is not a good motor.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I bought this car brand new and have now had it for 2 years. It has been the worst car I have ever had in my life. The windshield is a magnet for chips and you can tell that it is bad quality, have had two chips and one crack already driving on paved roads. The paint is also cheap as it chips very easily with normal driving. And the biggest issue other than all the recalls, is that my car takes the most expensive oil which is full synthetic and for some reason it is empty at 3,000 miles. Have taken it to the dealer and even called Jeep and nobody seems to be able to fix the issue. They just tell me to keep adding oil because these cars are notorious for doing that.

It is a safety issue because the car stalls while driving since it is constantly running out of oil, but neither the dealers or jeep seem to care. That's not to mention all the problems I had with the radio trying to get Android Auto to work properly, jeep kept telling me that the problem was I needed new usb cable but in the end I found out on my own that the actual problem were the apps on the radio. Basically jeep never has answers to anything, you have to figure it out on your own like you are the one getting paid to do the job. Best thing I can do now is get rid of this jeep and never do business with them again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I have a 2016 Jeep Patriot that I've owned for not even 2 years. On July 31st the engine blew up on me and I have contacted Jeep and was told even though my Jeep is barely over the warranty coverage....I'm out $4000 on a new engine!!!! Im a disabled unemployed Iraq war veteran, but hey apparently Jeep doesn't care about the soldiers and veterans to even remotely make it right or do anything to help.... I shouldn't have to foot this bill for a new engine in such a new vehicle.... Absolutely garbage customer service and helpfulness in a persons time of need.... Don't waste your time with a vehicle that will blow up not even before its next oil change after the warranty expires.... Get you a vehicle with 100k mile warranty and actually be covered....

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I purchased a brand new Jeep Compass in September 2015. I owned jeeps previously but not a compass and never had problems like I am having now. At 3 years old my compass radio went out and needed to be replaced the car has 30,000 miles on it but the radio was not covered under warranty. It cost me 450.00 to replace it. In 2019 at 4 years old I needed a new wheel bearing and had to replace front and back breaks rotors and pads to the tune of over 800.00. Car had 35,000 miles on it. In June of 2020 a sensor for the battery went and car would not start. I had to have it towed to the dealer for 200.00. The sensor cost 12 dollars but I was charged 300.00 for 2 hours of labor. Now the 4wd, traction control light and ABS light all came on.

When I took it to my local mechanic he said the wiring for these sensors was all corroded and would need to be replaced. He did not give me an estimate but told me it would be very expensive. The car has 42,000 miles on it. I am very disgusted and would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. I called Jeep and they told me they Couldnt help as my warranty ended Sept. 9 2020. Nice Company!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I feel bad I have to write this but....I bought a Jeep Compass back in March 2019 from the Route 46 Jeep Dealership in Little Falls, NJ. DO NOT GO TO THIS DEALERSHIP!!! IT IS TERRIBLE. I had to wait over an hour until they found the vehicle I was inquiring about. Then the finance guy, Alex **, was awful in giving me all of the details of my loan. Very rushed and basically didn't care about what was best for me. I was told the Compass was certified and when i went to sign the papers, it was not for the amount quoted online as the sales price. I had to pay an additional 1200 for the certified fee! This was not disclosed or mentioned in any paperwork until I sat down with the finance person at the last minute. Very unprofessional. I waited to speak to the manager of the dealership before I left, but he was conveniently unavailable for over an hour.

Next issue-had car serviced at the Morgantown, WV dealership in October 2019. Then in June 2020, the car stalls out on me. I had vehicle towed to a White Plains, NY dealership. Issue was that the Morgantown dealership left screws of the torque plate in the car and they punched a hole in my motor and transmission. Now I find out the parts are not coming in until October 2020. I have been without a vehicle from June 2020 and will not get my car until October 2020. Jeep is not helping me at all! Issue was Jeep's fault and they are doing nothing to help me. Very frustrated. Will never buy a Jeep again.

Original review: June 16, 2020

Bought a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited 6 cyl. in Oct. 2018.. Biggest mistake Ever.. From the first week issues started. As the months passed the issues became more and more serious..and ONLY A COUPLE ISSUES HAVE BEEN RESOLVED, LEAST FOR THE TIME BEING... AND TODAY ANOTHER ISSUE.. CAN'T PUT GAS IN IT!! IT SPITS IT RIGHT BACK ON ME!! SO I called the dealership and in a week or so I can have it "looked" at..so I called CS at Jeep and got the same reply.. I think sooner would be a nice thing!!

Everyone I have spoken to says theirs too, is a total nightmare.. Just "DO NOT BUY ONE".. I NEVER WILL AGAIN!! JUST CALLED MY CHRYSLER dealer who I bought my 300s from. They'll get me in tomorrow.. Yay..Chrysler Of Waseca Mn. Best dealership around!! Issues include..paint lift, no working seatbelts, lock out, lockdown, screen went blank then horizontal lines, jerking, won't start, won't accept gas, radio on and off.. I have asked right away for Jeep to take it back when I had no working seat belts on day one but no reply.. They did repair the seatbelts... I'm glad I have my old 1995 Chrysler Lebaron convert ...much more reliable than this 2019 JEEP!!

Jeep Company Information