3.68/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Jeep

Jeeps is an American car manufacterer that is best known for their sport utility and off-road vehicles. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Jeep Reviews

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

My son purchased a used 2011 Jepp Liberty with the sky slider roof in 2017. The car was in excellent condition when we purchased it in 2017. Low miles, clean and in great running condition. However no one ever notified us of the horror that was about to happen with the sky slider roof. As cool as it looks and opens, the roof is a piece of garbage.

One warm summer night my son decided to open the roof to get some fresh air in the car only to find once he got home that the roof was never to close again. We tried and tried but to our dismay the roof would just not close. SO then the next step was to call Jeep. We just about got laughed at on the phone, with the service men telling us they no longer make the parts for the 2011 Jeep Liberty and basically we were screwed. Hmmm a 2011 and no parts. How can you explain that.

Now what do we do with this car??? We can not sell it, we can not trade it in, we ARE STUCK!!! Now we have contacted an auto body shop that can possibly take a roof from a Jeep Liberty with the same sky slider roof, that was in an accident and put it on my son's vehicle.... for $3,000 dollars. So now, my son still owes $7,000 on the car and we HAVE to invest another $3,000 just so he can drive the damn car. I will never ever buy another JEEP in my life. This car has been nothing but a headache and the Jeep dealers are horrific people.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I have a 2015 Jeep Rubicon with 30K miles. I have the Life time Mopar protection, which in the case does me no good. The Jeep stalls about 2 times a week. I have brought it in for this twice now and they say they cannot find anything wrong because when is stalls it does not send any codes to the computer. I called the factory and they said they can not do anything. At this point I am very frustrated and they cannot replicate the problem. I am not sure how much effort they put into it. I am no afraid of sending my daughter off to college with this Jeep. It is a really nice vehicle and cost a lot. Not sure what to do now.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I bought a 2018 Jeep Renegade August of 2018. This past year I have been paying for oil changes every 2500 miles or so. (Should be 5k with synthetic.) That's 116$ bill. I honestly thought the place I had doing my oil changes was gypping Me on oil. I took it to a few different places. After the vehicle started displaying oil pressure low on the screen and shut off, while on a major highway doing 57 mph with my 6 & 2 years old boys in the back. This happened a few times while driving.

A mechanic at Valvoline told me the renegades were having this issue and the engines are bad.. funny.. Would have been nice if Jeep or Chrysler had sent out a warning or recall! They knew this was happening and have ignored warning their good paying customers. So for the past YEAR I have been paying 721$ (on time!) a month for a vehicle that was a lemon, paying for twice as much oil, and being legitimately in harm's way every time my family and I got in this car.

They are replacing the engine. Have me a loaner for the week... I expressed how uncomfortable I am now driving this vehicle and everything that I've been through. And I'm sure the other countless renegade drivers out there with no idea! Jeep is just going to wait until someone gets fatally hurt to issue a recall on the engine. I will not be dismissed. That's what they keep doing! When I call Jeep or go to the dealership. I am a person, this is my hard earned money and I will NOT BE IGNORED. I hope people see this and get their car checked. I want to be heard. You wronged me. Get it together Chrysler Jeep!!!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Finance manager screwed up our lease so bad that he had to drive to Rockford to have us re-sign a new lease. He processed the original and didn’t send in the new one. I had been making payments on the account number I received and not the one he sent in. In the end, we ended up with 5 inquiries on our credit score, a new alias as he misspelled my last name, dealing with proving my payments with bank statements, a harassing phone call from the dealership wanting payment over the phone, a repossession notice/Chrysler saying we were current, and a GM that wouldn’t return our calls. Luckily, Chrysler Finance has been the only one that has been helpful and straightened things out for us.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I have had nothing but issues since I leased my Jeep Renegade in 2016. The most recent issues required for a part to be replaced, that was already replaced a year ago; as well as a second new replacement of a different part. I took the car back and forth 6 times in one month and the car had less than 30,000 miles on it. I contacted Jeep asking them to terminate my lease (10 months remaining) and they refused because it didn't meet the Lemon Law for the State of Massachusetts. They rather have me in an unsafe and unreliable car than do what is right for the customer and try to keep a Brand loyal customer. I will never drive a Jeep ever again. I would NEVER recommend Jeep to any friends or family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

That my 2019 went up in smoke and to this day they have no idea why and they are not investigating why it happen. Thank god I was not driving and they have the worst customer service. No one gets back to you.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I am a lifelong Jeep owner. Only ever had 2 cars that were not Jeeps. Always been a big fan, until my last two. I have had nothing but problems with my last two cars, which were purchased new. The defects have been ongoing since purchase. They have all kinds of electrical problems, all warning lights coming on for no reason at all, including the check engine light. The car will often not start or turn over at all, even though all the lights come on when I turn the key. The back gate on my last Jeep snapped for no reason at all. They fixed it 4 times and each time it would snap again immediately after being fixed. When I take the car in for service they tell me they can find nothing wrong, over and over again. I even have video, but it does me no good. They know that Jeeps keep selling, so they do nothing to help. After repeatedly taking my Jeep in for service and getting no help, I am selling it and will not buy a Jeep again. It is 2 years old.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I travel a lot and had my oil changed out of state. Come to find out the dealership didn’t seal my oil filter properly and has been dripping oil. I contact the dealership in Albany Ny to only find out they want me to drive 3 hours to have my oil changed there again. First off why would I go back when they did it wrong the first time. Secondly it’s a 3-hour drive with dripping oil. So I contact Jeep directly only to find out there is absolutely nothing they can do for me. Seriously, I have had owned other cars and dealerships have always been great offering any help in anyway. All I’m looking for is 1 free oil change so I don’t have to pay $150 in a month for 2 oil changes. I’m really starting to rethink buying a Jeep. Especially knowing how they can't help me at all. They couldn’t even get a hold of the dealership to even speak to them. That right there should tell you how great they are. If I could have given it a zero or even lower I would have.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I was one of the very first to sign up and order an all new Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition. It has been a botched launch ever since the beginning. The website pre-order not working correctly, promised a "white glove" concierge experience with no contact from them, the factory pumping out Jeeps for orders that were placed months after mine, and now delivery...As I type this it sits in a lot waiting on truck to bring it two hours to the dealership..for an entire month it has been sitting there. The chat is of no help and my salesman says FCA won't let him send someone just to pick it up. Starting to wonder why I am buying this if this is how Jeep treats its customers.

Original review: June 28, 2019

Jeep Extended Warranty Scam! If you just bought a New Jeep and you opt for the Lifetime Warranty then you have just been SCAMMED! Here is what happened to me, to prove my point. I bought a New 2017 Jeep Renegade on Jan 2018. After some thought and searching for an Extended Vehicle Protection plan, I decide to go with Mopar’s Vehicle Protection (MVP). So, I called Mopar, and the salesman told me that as soon as the Manufacturer Warranty ends then, the Extended Warranty would kick in!

Well, Folks, This Was a Major Lie! The salesman NEVER said that this replaces your Manufacturer Warranty the Day that you buy it! AND it will automatically insert itself back to the date that you bought the vehicle! So, basically, you are paying for the Manufacturer Warranty! How stupid do I feel? I feel very stupid at this point! Who in their right mind would pay for a warranty that is FREE for 5 years? I know if I was told that this warranty would take the place of the Manufacturer Warranty from the time you bought it, I would say, “Hell-NO!” This is a Major SCAM People!

So, I called Mopar (800-521-9922) and asked to speak to Admin to tried to explain that the Salesman at Mopar lied to me by not telling me that this Warranty would run Concurrent with the Manufacturer Warranty (Take its place) and that I would be paying for my warranty from the get-go! Now I don’t know about you folks, but who in their right mind would pay for something that is given to them for FREE? So, I tried to explain this to “Danu”. I don’t know the spelling of his name, but that is how he said it when I talked to him on June 28, 2019, @ 12 PM Mtz. He told me that this is correct and that I will get a refund back minus $1000 for the time that I was on this Extended Warranty Protection plan from Mopar, even though, Mopar (Jeep) was already given me for 5 year or 60,000 miles for free!

I asked to speak to a supervisor of Manager and he said there isn’t any and then transfer me to a survey on how well this call went! LOL, of course, I gave the LOWEST possible score that I could give him! And, I kissed my $1000 goodbye! Needless to say, Jeep has just put another unhappy customer on the street to tell the masses what is going on behind the curtain of deception! So, people if you feel like being SCAMMED And throwing your money down the ** then just opt into the Jeep Lifetime Warranty Program!

T. **