Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.67/5

Jeep

Jeeps is an American car manufacterer that is best known for their sport utility and off-road vehicles. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

816 Jeep Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Finance manager screwed up our lease so bad that he had to drive to Rockford to have us re-sign a new lease. He processed the original and didn’t send in the new one. I had been making payments on the account number I received and not the one he sent in. In the end, we ended up with 5 inquiries on our credit score, a new alias as he misspelled my last name, dealing with proving my payments with bank statements, a harassing phone call from the dealership wanting payment over the phone, a repossession notice/Chrysler saying we were current, and a GM that wouldn’t return our calls. Luckily, Chrysler Finance has been the only one that has been helpful and straightened things out for us.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I have had nothing but issues since I leased my Jeep Renegade in 2016. The most recent issues required for a part to be replaced, that was already replaced a year ago; as well as a second new replacement of a different part. I took the car back and forth 6 times in one month and the car had less than 30,000 miles on it. I contacted Jeep asking them to terminate my lease (10 months remaining) and they refused because it didn't meet the Lemon Law for the State of Massachusetts. They rather have me in an unsafe and unreliable car than do what is right for the customer and try to keep a Brand loyal customer. I will never drive a Jeep ever again. I would NEVER recommend Jeep to any friends or family.

Get expert buying tips about Car Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

That my 2019 went up in smoke and to this day they have no idea why and they are not investigating why it happen. Thank god I was not driving and they have the worst customer service. No one gets back to you.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I am a lifelong Jeep owner. Only ever had 2 cars that were not Jeeps. Always been a big fan, until my last two. I have had nothing but problems with my last two cars, which were purchased new. The defects have been ongoing since purchase. They have all kinds of electrical problems, all warning lights coming on for no reason at all, including the check engine light. The car will often not start or turn over at all, even though all the lights come on when I turn the key. The back gate on my last Jeep snapped for no reason at all. They fixed it 4 times and each time it would snap again immediately after being fixed. When I take the car in for service they tell me they can find nothing wrong, over and over again. I even have video, but it does me no good. They know that Jeeps keep selling, so they do nothing to help. After repeatedly taking my Jeep in for service and getting no help, I am selling it and will not buy a Jeep again. It is 2 years old.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I travel a lot and had my oil changed out of state. Come to find out the dealership didn’t seal my oil filter properly and has been dripping oil. I contact the dealership in Albany Ny to only find out they want me to drive 3 hours to have my oil changed there again. First off why would I go back when they did it wrong the first time. Secondly it’s a 3-hour drive with dripping oil. So I contact Jeep directly only to find out there is absolutely nothing they can do for me. Seriously, I have had owned other cars and dealerships have always been great offering any help in anyway. All I’m looking for is 1 free oil change so I don’t have to pay $150 in a month for 2 oil changes. I’m really starting to rethink buying a Jeep. Especially knowing how they can't help me at all. They couldn’t even get a hold of the dealership to even speak to them. That right there should tell you how great they are. If I could have given it a zero or even lower I would have.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Original review: July 5, 2019

I was one of the very first to sign up and order an all new Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition. It has been a botched launch ever since the beginning. The website pre-order not working correctly, promised a "white glove" concierge experience with no contact from them, the factory pumping out Jeeps for orders that were placed months after mine, and now delivery...As I type this it sits in a lot waiting on truck to bring it two hours to the dealership..for an entire month it has been sitting there. The chat is of no help and my salesman says FCA won't let him send someone just to pick it up. Starting to wonder why I am buying this if this is how Jeep treats its customers.

Original review: June 28, 2019

Jeep Extended Warranty Scam! If you just bought a New Jeep and you opt for the Lifetime Warranty then you have just been SCAMMED! Here is what happened to me, to prove my point. I bought a New 2017 Jeep Renegade on Jan 2018. After some thought and searching for an Extended Vehicle Protection plan, I decide to go with Mopar’s Vehicle Protection (MVP). So, I called Mopar, and the salesman told me that as soon as the Manufacturer Warranty ends then, the Extended Warranty would kick in!

Well, Folks, This Was a Major Lie! The salesman NEVER said that this replaces your Manufacturer Warranty the Day that you buy it! AND it will automatically insert itself back to the date that you bought the vehicle! So, basically, you are paying for the Manufacturer Warranty! How stupid do I feel? I feel very stupid at this point! Who in their right mind would pay for a warranty that is FREE for 5 years? I know if I was told that this warranty would take the place of the Manufacturer Warranty from the time you bought it, I would say, “Hell-NO!” This is a Major SCAM People!

So, I called Mopar (800-521-9922) and asked to speak to Admin to tried to explain that the Salesman at Mopar lied to me by not telling me that this Warranty would run Concurrent with the Manufacturer Warranty (Take its place) and that I would be paying for my warranty from the get-go! Now I don’t know about you folks, but who in their right mind would pay for something that is given to them for FREE? So, I tried to explain this to “Danu”. I don’t know the spelling of his name, but that is how he said it when I talked to him on June 28, 2019, @ 12 PM Mtz. He told me that this is correct and that I will get a refund back minus $1000 for the time that I was on this Extended Warranty Protection plan from Mopar, even though, Mopar (Jeep) was already given me for 5 year or 60,000 miles for free!

I asked to speak to a supervisor of Manager and he said there isn’t any and then transfer me to a survey on how well this call went! LOL, of course, I gave the LOWEST possible score that I could give him! And, I kissed my $1000 goodbye! Needless to say, Jeep has just put another unhappy customer on the street to tell the masses what is going on behind the curtain of deception! So, people if you feel like being SCAMMED And throwing your money down the ** then just opt into the Jeep Lifetime Warranty Program!

T. **

Colorado

Original review: June 2, 2019

I have been dealing with many ongoing issues with my 2006 Jeep Commander 3.7 6 cylinder. I have called them & emailed the company on several occasions about my dash lights just coming on & losing all power as I am driving. It's very scary because I always have my 13 yr old in the vehicle. No code comes up on the scanner when I have brought it in several times to the garage. Jeep Chrysler says they have not heard of this issue. I have found many many people with this issue online. Very discouraged with the same issue. There is so many wires & control panels in this vehicle it makes me nervous that some of these wires are fried & nobody can find it.

I am exhausted with paying out of pocket with this vehicle. Yes it's a 2006 but I can not afford anything else & I have had it for 5 yrs now. These issues started about 1 1/2-2 yrs ago. I loved this vehicle & with me driving everywhere for my daughters sports it's worked. Now I get nervous & I don't trust it. Which makes me very sad. This vehicle has made me stopped doing stuff that I used to. That's no way to live. I love Jeeps but this is making me not want to buy a Jeep again. It's something I can't keep putting money into.

The issue I also have is the service engine light. That's the catalytic converter. My mechanic told me to check with Jeep because it is something well known for breaking in them & there could be a recall. I did check & again they didn't know what I was talking about. This is the 2nd converter I've put in the vehicle in 5 yrs. The paperwork from the 1 previous owner had also done it 2 yrs before I purchased it in 2014. Which in my previous vehicle that I had for 10 yrs not once did I put a catalytic converter in. After reviewing several reviews from Jeep Commander owners I decided to write a review out of frustration. I really would like to think Jeep would do the right thing especially with our kids always in our vehicle & future Jeep buyers deciding to not buy another Jeep. Thank you.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My husband and I have been lifelong Jeep owners, until now. We decided to upgrade our 2013 2 door Freedom Edition to a 2019 Mojito Wrangler 4 door Rubicon. We special ordered it exactly the way we wanted. Spent months researching and looking at Jeeps so that we would get the perfect car. We sold our 2013 outright about 2 weeks before ours was delivered. We waited almost a month for it to come into the dealer. Not ideal but ok it takes awhile to put a car together right? Dealer finally called us and we drove two hours to pick up our new toy. It was pouring when we got there which was disappointing, but now looking back that was a godsend.

During inspection we found scratches all over interior panels, and spots on the doorsills where the paint was chipped down to bare metal. Could get over that.

Then during the test drive the car pulled to the right, and had thunking noise upon breaking, along with huge dent in the steering wheel at the top right where you put your hand. (We're told it was a manufacturer defect.)

But the final straw was when we pulled it in and found the Sky One roof leaking in the back and discovered the carpet in the back was soaked. Further inspection found that on the passenger side the Sky One roof was not smooth but wrinkled and had a piece of the frame/metal pushing up thru it. For an almost $60,000 vehicle this was not acceptable and we did not take delivery of what was supposed to be our dream Jeep. It was heartbreaking to us as we were so excited to get this car. Dealer tried to place an order for another car but it is no longer available to order. What????

Now we are dealing with Jeep Cares. (Really should be called something else.) Two weeks of the runaround of someone will call you - no calls, we assigned a manager they will call - no call. You get the picture. Now finally after many hours on the phone someone finally called us. What we have been offered is talk to your dealer and have them place an order - well they can't. Then we can fix the car they have and you can have that one. Why in the world would I want a car with 8 miles on it that has to be taken apart and rebuilt to fix issues that should never have been there. This feels like they just want to pass off the problems to us; because let's be real here... there will be nothing but problems with a vehicle like this.

We have searched other dealers nationwide and have not been able to find a Jeep dealer with the color and options that we wanted; they either have $5,000 more of options or are missing options that are important to us. Final piece is during the time this has all taken we have had two incentives from Jeep expire with no way of recouping the $1,500 for those offered either. At this point we are waiting for them to come up with something other than accepting a Jeep that is subpar. Overall not a great experience not anything that would make me want to do this ever again with Jeep.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Jeep does not takes care of their customer in all fairness. I purchase a 2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude back in November 2016 at Suresky in Goshen NY. In the beginning of 2018 I started getting an issue with my car. I had oil consumption issue. Engine light would come on and the car would feel like as if it’s going to shutdown. Every time I would take to get my oil change, the mechanic would tell me that I have barely have any oil. So I took it to where I purchase the car and explained to them that my issues are with my car. So they did their inspection and testing and at the end they told me that the oil consumption was normal. Mind you I had 45,995 miles and still under warranty.

April 29 2019 my car started blowing white smoke out of my tailpipe. Was unable to drive the vehicle home. Following day I took it to the nearest Jeep dealer around my job Croton Auto Park, Croton on Hudson, NY. They did a diagnostic and found #3 cylinder misfires, all my spark plugs are full of oil, a piece of spark plug was found inside the engine and a piece of the piston was to found inside the engine. I called the Jeep FCA opened a case. One of the representatives that helped me open my case told me that my issue with my car was common. She has handled a few of the same issues. The service Manager at the Croton Auto Park also told me that these are very common with the model of my car. I was told that to fix the car it would cost $12,000.00 and the Jeep were only willing to pay $8000 and I have to come up with the other $4000 out of pocket.

Now I am 67,000 miles (7000) over the warranty and was told that this is their last offer. I believe that I should not have to pay for any of this because if this was addressed when I brought it in the day that I was still covered under warranty and below the mileage I wouldn’t need to pay anything. This is a manufacture defect. A 2 1/2 year old car having this kind of issues is unheard of. I provided proof of maintenance records. I am a loyal customer with Jeep. I had a 2003 and 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2016 Jeep Wrangler and now 2018 Jeep Renegade Latitude. I have never had a bad experience with Jeep till now. This is the worst experience I ever had. I am going to continue to post all this in all social media until I am heard and acknowledge.

Jeep Company Information