2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

4.0/5 (563 ratings)
Get Pricing on Rydeshopper
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Jeep

Jeeps is an American car manufacterer that is best known for their sport utility and off-road vehicles. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Jeep Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Original review: June 24, 2021

I purchased my 2014 Hero Latitude in Oct 2015. I have had nothing but issues with this vehicle. I purchased it with a little over 35 thousand miles. I have had a new transmission in about Feb or March in 2016. I have had a transmission mount replaced I. 2017 and another in -Oct 2020. I have had the shifter replaced or repaired about 2016. I’m having an issues once again with the shifter. I have had the throttle replaced in 2020. I current have over 76 thousand miles on my vehicle because I’m too afraid to drive too far. I will not even take a road trip for that reason.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I have 2 Jeeps. One is a 2012 Jeep Patriot that has minor issues that haven't cost a ton. The other is a 2017 Jeep Compass that has had major financial issues recently. I have an extended warranty on the 2017 Jeep as I bought it used. I took it to my local Jeep dealership when it started hesitating and engine lights went on. They claimed it was a spark plug, maintenance issue that cost me over 500 dollars.

Then less than 2 months later same issues same lights on. I took it back to dealership and they diagnosed it with a throttle body problem that was going to cost me an additional 700 dollars (not under warranty). I towed it away but had to pay the 130 for the diagnostic problem they should have seen/fixed the first time. My 2012 Jeep has a 4wd light on ever since I took it to same dealership to fix a recall problem. My honest mechanic said the dealership pinched the wires when they fixed the recall problem. I will never buy another Jeep or go back to Newport Jeep for anything.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I have owned several Jeeps. Affordable 4 wheel drive vehicles, many options available, no shortage of available dealerships if in need of service. I love them for winter driving. Very stable and sturdy on snow or ice. Many options for purchasing.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

DO NOT BUY JEEP! Please look into other credible vehicle brands. Please believe ALL the reviews about their terrible service! First of all, let me first say initially my car is fairly new. It is still under warranty, and it started stalling. Well I find out via mail it’s a recall on the electric system that starts the issue ok... "Well my car isn’t driving properly. Can you all pick it up?" "Well let us get back with you.. Yes we can." My car gets to the dealership. They won’t service my car unless I sign some paperwork. "Understandable. Can you do e-docusign?" "No." "Can you pick me up?" "No." "Can you bring the papers to my home?" "No." I had to hire an Uber to jeep and back $40.

"When will my car be fixed?" "We don’t know." Dealership calls back.. "Can’t fix your car ma’am. We are backed up 4 days." "Can you provide a loaner car?" "No." "Why?" "Corporate says it must be a service that requires at least 48 hours. Your service only takes 20 minutes." I spent almost a wk getting a Uber back and forth to work $100.

A week after my car is fixed, car stalls out again on a major highway. I’m almost killed! At this point I’m ANGRY. Same thing. No loaner car, I can’t get to the dealership to sign off, I spent OVER $200 on appointment cancellations, Uber rides, and food delivery services! No rentals are available in my area. "We gave you a case manager. She’s not available until Monday morning. You will have to wait..." Guess who will be doing Uber again on Monday morning?? DO NOT buy Jeep. The customer service is terrible. I get better service buying a $3 chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-A than I have buying a 32,000 vehicle!! I’m filing a suit, giving bad reviews until the day I die! I’m that angry over these selfish, greedy, unreliable, jerks!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I want to start off by saying that I come from a family of multiple Jeep owners (husband, mom, dad, brother, mother-in-law, etc.) as we all love Jeep. More so, I was looking forward to purchasing a second vehicle for myself (of course a Jeep) because they have been reliable cars, or so I thought, and I had faith in the Jeep Company. That was until my unfortunate and super expensive experience that has kickstarted my 2021 year. While driving back home shortly after New Year’s Day, my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with only 66K miles, suddenly decided not to turn back on after stopping for gas. Fortunately, I was able to tow it to the nearest Jeep dealership, where I only go to for car service. Since it was the holidays, there was a delay in my car's diagnostic.

After 4 days of being at the Jeep dealership, I was finally informed that my fuel pump and wiring had to be replaced for about $1,500 plus tax because nothing that needed repair was covered under warranty. Now, let's add $1,500 plus tax to the total cost that I have been incurring with rental car, stay, food, etc. since my 2015 Jeep, with only 66k miles, stopped working while I was 4 hours away from home. I decided to call the Jeep warranty customer care to get clarification on what is covered in my warranty. After speaking with several customer care agents, they all shared that my fuel pump is covered under the manufacturer’s warranty for up to 7 years or 100K miles, which conflicted with what the Jeep dealership shared. Additionally, I was told that I had trip interruption protection for up to 100K, which would help with all the costs I was incurring being 4 hours away from home.

Unfortunately, the Jeep car dealership and the Jeep warranty customer care were not agreeing, which caused additional delays in my car getting fixed. After speaking with various customer care numbers for 2 days that were being provided to me by each representative, it was finally confirmed that my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee’s fuel pump and wiring was not covered under any warranty. Additionally, the trip interruption plan that I was told I had, was indeed not true. Now I understand that rules are rules. However, this experience has left me with 2 burning questions: 1) How reliable are Jeep cars to break down at only 66K miles? 2) How reliable is the Jeep Company with ensuring proper employee training so that customers are not misled? -Sincerely disheartened by Jeep!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I bought this car brand new and have now had it for 2 years. It has been the worst car I have ever had in my life. The windshield is a magnet for chips and you can tell that it is bad quality, have had two chips and one crack already driving on paved roads. The paint is also cheap as it chips very easily with normal driving. And the biggest issue other than all the recalls, is that my car takes the most expensive oil which is full synthetic and for some reason it is empty at 3,000 miles. Have taken it to the dealer and even called Jeep and nobody seems to be able to fix the issue. They just tell me to keep adding oil because these cars are notorious for doing that.

It is a safety issue because the car stalls while driving since it is constantly running out of oil, but neither the dealers or jeep seem to care. That's not to mention all the problems I had with the radio trying to get Android Auto to work properly, jeep kept telling me that the problem was I needed new usb cable but in the end I found out on my own that the actual problem were the apps on the radio. Basically jeep never has answers to anything, you have to figure it out on your own like you are the one getting paid to do the job. Best thing I can do now is get rid of this jeep and never do business with them again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I have a 2016 Jeep Patriot that I've owned for not even 2 years. On July 31st the engine blew up on me and I have contacted Jeep and was told even though my Jeep is barely over the warranty coverage....I'm out $4000 on a new engine!!!! Im a disabled unemployed Iraq war veteran, but hey apparently Jeep doesn't care about the soldiers and veterans to even remotely make it right or do anything to help.... I shouldn't have to foot this bill for a new engine in such a new vehicle.... Absolutely garbage customer service and helpfulness in a persons time of need.... Don't waste your time with a vehicle that will blow up not even before its next oil change after the warranty expires.... Get you a vehicle with 100k mile warranty and actually be covered....

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I purchased a brand new Jeep Compass in September 2015. I owned jeeps previously but not a compass and never had problems like I am having now. At 3 years old my compass radio went out and needed to be replaced the car has 30,000 miles on it but the radio was not covered under warranty. It cost me 450.00 to replace it. In 2019 at 4 years old I needed a new wheel bearing and had to replace front and back breaks rotors and pads to the tune of over 800.00. Car had 35,000 miles on it. In June of 2020 a sensor for the battery went and car would not start. I had to have it towed to the dealer for 200.00. The sensor cost 12 dollars but I was charged 300.00 for 2 hours of labor. Now the 4wd, traction control light and ABS light all came on.

When I took it to my local mechanic he said the wiring for these sensors was all corroded and would need to be replaced. He did not give me an estimate but told me it would be very expensive. The car has 42,000 miles on it. I am very disgusted and would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. I called Jeep and they told me they Couldnt help as my warranty ended Sept. 9 2020. Nice Company!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I feel bad I have to write this but....I bought a Jeep Compass back in March 2019 from the Route 46 Jeep Dealership in Little Falls, NJ. DO NOT GO TO THIS DEALERSHIP!!! IT IS TERRIBLE. I had to wait over an hour until they found the vehicle I was inquiring about. Then the finance guy, Alex **, was awful in giving me all of the details of my loan. Very rushed and basically didn't care about what was best for me. I was told the Compass was certified and when i went to sign the papers, it was not for the amount quoted online as the sales price. I had to pay an additional 1200 for the certified fee! This was not disclosed or mentioned in any paperwork until I sat down with the finance person at the last minute. Very unprofessional. I waited to speak to the manager of the dealership before I left, but he was conveniently unavailable for over an hour.

Next issue-had car serviced at the Morgantown, WV dealership in October 2019. Then in June 2020, the car stalls out on me. I had vehicle towed to a White Plains, NY dealership. Issue was that the Morgantown dealership left screws of the torque plate in the car and they punched a hole in my motor and transmission. Now I find out the parts are not coming in until October 2020. I have been without a vehicle from June 2020 and will not get my car until October 2020. Jeep is not helping me at all! Issue was Jeep's fault and they are doing nothing to help me. Very frustrated. Will never buy a Jeep again.

Original review: June 16, 2020

Bought a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited 6 cyl. in Oct. 2018.. Biggest mistake Ever.. From the first week issues started. As the months passed the issues became more and more serious..and ONLY A COUPLE ISSUES HAVE BEEN RESOLVED, LEAST FOR THE TIME BEING... AND TODAY ANOTHER ISSUE.. CAN'T PUT GAS IN IT!! IT SPITS IT RIGHT BACK ON ME!! SO I called the dealership and in a week or so I can have it "looked" at..so I called CS at Jeep and got the same reply.. I think sooner would be a nice thing!!

Everyone I have spoken to says theirs too, is a total nightmare.. Just "DO NOT BUY ONE".. I NEVER WILL AGAIN!! JUST CALLED MY CHRYSLER dealer who I bought my 300s from. They'll get me in tomorrow.. Yay..Chrysler Of Waseca Mn. Best dealership around!! Issues include..paint lift, no working seatbelts, lock out, lockdown, screen went blank then horizontal lines, jerking, won't start, won't accept gas, radio on and off.. I have asked right away for Jeep to take it back when I had no working seat belts on day one but no reply.. They did repair the seatbelts... I'm glad I have my old 1995 Chrysler Lebaron convert ...much more reliable than this 2019 JEEP!!

Original review: June 12, 2020

2017 Jeep Renegade, problem car: 56,000 miles power steering went out, belt is intact, Power steering module is bad, must purchase steering rack (not sold separately) with module. Repair cost about 2014$ plus tax. Will not be purchasing another Jeep product. Had Dodge Journey with 89,000. Did not have any problems.

Original review: May 10, 2020

Cute car but piece of crap. 2019 Jeep Compass. In Aug of 2019 I complained about engine noise a month after when backing up and was ignored. 5/9/20 car started and would move two ft and cut off and parking break & engine light comes on. Now my truck with 10,000 miles on it is sitting at a dealership. This is a damn safety hazard because I was pulling on a busy street when it cut off. I’m going to get rid of it somehow.

Original review: March 12, 2020

Do not buy a Compass. 2.4 litre motor burns 1qt of oil per 2000 miles and that meets Jeeps criteria for a good motor. Back up camera worthless if car driven on other than dry pavement and no back up sensors. Gears 8 & 9 will not maintain speed even on flat roads. Rear window defroster fails to clear window as melt builds up on the wiper making it worthless. Snow slush and mud build up on the tire causing all wheels to become unbalanced. Who pays for a at of oil every 2000 miles and why isn't that fact listed in specs? My second Jeep - first and last. What car would you buy knowing it'll use a at of oil every 2000 miles? No support from Jeep and a sad sad car the Compass is.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Crooked Dealership! Lemon Cars Stay Away!! If I Could Give Negative stars I Would! ...So less than 2 months ago I purchased a 2012 Jeep Compass with 123k miles. Financed through Pronto Finance out of Schaumburg, Illinois. 1st month in vehicle stalled out while pulling up to a stop sign. Just this week the car has stalled out 6 times all while driving on the freeway! One of those times with my 5 year old daughter making a U Turn during rush hour! Car in the middle of the road! Every time this happens, it literary takes 5 or more minutes to start back up again! Did some research online and apparently this is a known issue with other Compass owners and Chrysler intends to do nothing about it until someone gets killed in an accident!

I called the salesman "Jorge" and he told me to call the finance company because he "thinks" it has a warranty? Hello! I bought a used car as is. Of course it has no warranty!. Just getting the runaround from everyone but rest assured I'm taking matters into my own hands. I'm going to make a special YouTube Channel to document every time this vehicle stalls out or goes into "limp mode". Going to put them all on blast until this matter is corrected or that crooked dealership shuts its doors for good!!! I know very well the power of the internet and social media and I'm going to use it to MY advantage. They knew I was desperate for a vehicle and they preyed on me like the snakes they are! I'm a hardworking customer making payments on time! You Tube Link coming soon!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I purchased a 2019 brand new Jeep Compass in October 2019. The car radio which has all my controls on it went out on 1/14/2020. They are unable to fix it until the second week in February. Jeeps are junk and the service turn around sucks. I would never buy another Jeep again. If you are wondering if Jeep is the way to go I will gladly remind you, they are terrible on gas as well. DO NOT GET A JEEP!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I own a 2015 Renegade with 47k miles and it has been in the shop three times in the last 45 days. It is currently in the shop now going on 31 day and it is still not fixed. It is have a power and drive issues that they have pointed at electrical as the main issue. I have opened a case with Jeep Corp and they have not done anything to assist the dealership and the case manager David and his manager Samantha have done nothing but hang up on me and not give a ** about me the customer. I have made two payments for a car that I can’t even drive and they won’t give me a loaner for more than the first 10 days. I am screaming at the top of my lungs get off your ** and send or get the right person on the phone with the dealership to fix my Jeep. If anyone wants to get any further info and you are from Jeep call Xtreme Dodge in Jackson Michigan and they will know my case.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

This vehicle is a great medium size SUV. Bought to pull behind an RV. It served that purpose and as a great car for a couple. Very versatile and reliable. No problems and love the diagnostic monthly report.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The Jeep is sturdy, strong, reliable and handles very well. It is comfortable to ride in, hauls my pets and Craigslist finds - and when washed is beautiful and elegant. A win win all around. I enjoy the 'little' things like heated seats, back window wiper, easy-to-pull down back seats and durable leather interior. It is three years old so it is relatively modern in style but it is sleek and gets the job done!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Overall a great car, especially for New England weather. Great handling and control in snow! Very comfortable interior with plenty of space. Holds more than expected when I moved, which was a great surprise. Only issue is once they hit about 9 years old, the repair bills start and come often and at an up there price tag. If you don't have a trusted mechanic, you'll want to find one once that 9 year mark hits.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Sunday my Jeep 2019 Compass 13,000 miles wouldn’t start because of “software malfunction.” Got roadside assistance Monday morning to get it towed from a shopping center the car stopped at to dealer. Next day they gave me the car saying it’s fixed. Next morning same thing happened. I was in school so I arranged the car to get towed from my school. No one came for an hour so I called back and roadside said it was no records of it. I created another request of roadside around noon. They promised to pick it up within 60 min. At 7pm I called the dealer to see if it was dropped off and they had no record of it. I called back roadside assistance and the pick up was cancelled. No one called or texted to let me know. Then they said sorry. They arranged for my towing. It will be there in 60min.

It’s 8pm. I still don’t know if my car has been picked up, towed, stolen (because they tell you to leave the keys inside the car). God knows what would happen. There you have it, Jeep Warranty roadside assistance. It’s been 8hrs and I have no idea what’s going on with my car. I could have been stranded on the side of the road with a baby and they wouldn’t know I need help. Seriously baffled at how a huge multimillion dollar company has such third-rate unacceptable customer service and emergency response team.. Mind you that is a warranty issue. NEVER BUYING A CHRYSLER IF ITS THE LAST CAR STANDING.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

My Jeep Compass is a nice small SUV. Good on gas but don't recommend driving it on turnpike in bad weather. I took my car on the turnpike Thanksgiving day. The wind was bad that day. I was scared and nervous. The wind had my car swirling. I need me a bigger suv.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I own or I should say paying to own my Jeep. I have had it for 3 years. So far it has been dependable. Not a fan of how the transmission works. It shifts but not always when it needs to. Been that way since the day I bought it. Since I have had it we have not had any real expensive repairs. We had to take it to the dealership to have a wheel sensor replaced. Other than tires and a realignment its been trouble free. I would recommend a Jeep Compass.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Bad experience w/ the dealership, so that's 1 negative rt off (honesty should count). A roughly $30k car 4yrs ago should buy a solid warranty. Not at Jeep. New vehicle gets only a 35k mile or 3 yr! Currently at 31k miles, the car itself has been reliable, no breakdowns, only regular maintenance (so far).

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Third Jeep I've owned: 2 Wranglers and this Liberty. Liberty has too many issues, too many repair problems: heater/air conditioner, leather seats ripped, front shocks, door locks, radiator. Like Jeeps, but wouldn't recommend the Liberty.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I buy Jeeps and have had four in my life. It's a fun car to drive and it's sexy too. It keeps the cool in style look and sense cars are so expensive today costing more than the lower 80% of Americans even make enough money to pay to own. This one is a little better or easier to buy. One problem is the transmission on all four of my jeeps breaks down after the 3500 mile warranty expires and it's a major fault in jeeps.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

The Gladiator is just fun to drive. All the controls are in a nice position. The seats are very comfortable and adjustments are place you in a great driving position. With a longer wheel base over the Wrangler the ride and handling are enjoyable.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Jeep Renegade is really underpowered, really heavy and bulky. Has a lot of blind spots. Seats are semi comfortable. Not worth the value in my opinion. Rides and handles with really smooth. Could be better on gas mileage.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I love my Jeep, however, when one thing needs to be fixed. 2 or 3 things follow. It is trail rated, but be the rust consumes the bottom sides. Everything is very expensive to fix also. I've always wanted a Jeep since I could drive. I just got one. 47 years later, lol. Just wish I could of gotten a good one.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I love my 2018 Jeep Compass but I am having issues with the back up camera. I have had the camera replaced once. This didn't resolve the issue so the radio was replaced. It started having a black screen again. Finally the dealership was able to see this issue and they are ordering yet another radio Another issue I am having is the driver's side seat panel keeps popping out. No I'm not morbidly obese. This has been fixed 4 times. I just picked my truck up the Friday after Thanksgiving and it is now back broken. Was told by the dealership these issues are known issues and that I am going to keep having them.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I bought my 2017 Jeep Renegade Limited in January 2018. Less than 2 years old.. My problem started around 16k miles. (I'm now at about 23k). Friday I go in for my 3rd consumption test. I'm burning oil. Getting to the "dangerous" part of the dipstick after 1000 miles, I didn't buy a new car so I have to babysit the oil level in it.. It's not the 1970's! Why should I burn 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles? Other newer cars can go 10k miles between oil changes, I feel duped and cheated. I also think there's something wrong with the low oil sensor, it only comes on when I take extreme turns and doesn't stay on. I'm busy with my eyes on the road taking the turn, not watching my dash.. I had to have a passenger point it out to me!

Jeep Company Information