2. Automotive
  3. Car Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.94/5

Jeeps is an American car manufacterer that is best known for their sport utility and off-road vehicles. Read reviews for their models:

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Jeep Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep?

Original review: May 10, 2020

Cute car but piece of crap. 2019 Jeep Compass. In Aug of 2019 I complained about engine noise a month after when backing up and was ignored. 5/9/20 car started and would move two ft and cut off and parking break & engine light comes on. Now my truck with 10,000 miles on it is sitting at a dealership. This is a damn safety hazard because I was pulling on a busy street when it cut off. I’m going to get rid of it somehow.

Original review: March 12, 2020

Do not buy a Compass. 2.4 litre motor burns 1qt of oil per 2000 miles and that meets Jeeps criteria for a good motor. Back up camera worthless if car driven on other than dry pavement and no back up sensors. Gears 8 & 9 will not maintain speed even on flat roads. Rear window defroster fails to clear window as melt builds up on the wiper making it worthless. Snow slush and mud build up on the tire causing all wheels to become unbalanced. Who pays for a at of oil every 2000 miles and why isn't that fact listed in specs? My second Jeep - first and last. What car would you buy knowing it'll use a at of oil every 2000 miles? No support from Jeep and a sad sad car the Compass is.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Crooked Dealership! Lemon Cars Stay Away!! If I Could Give Negative stars I Would! ...So less than 2 months ago I purchased a 2012 Jeep Compass with 123k miles. Financed through Pronto Finance out of Schaumburg, Illinois. 1st month in vehicle stalled out while pulling up to a stop sign. Just this week the car has stalled out 6 times all while driving on the freeway! One of those times with my 5 year old daughter making a U Turn during rush hour! Car in the middle of the road! Every time this happens, it literary takes 5 or more minutes to start back up again! Did some research online and apparently this is a known issue with other Compass owners and Chrysler intends to do nothing about it until someone gets killed in an accident!

I called the salesman "Jorge" and he told me to call the finance company because he "thinks" it has a warranty? Hello! I bought a used car as is. Of course it has no warranty!. Just getting the runaround from everyone but rest assured I'm taking matters into my own hands. I'm going to make a special YouTube Channel to document every time this vehicle stalls out or goes into "limp mode". Going to put them all on blast until this matter is corrected or that crooked dealership shuts its doors for good!!! I know very well the power of the internet and social media and I'm going to use it to MY advantage. They knew I was desperate for a vehicle and they preyed on me like the snakes they are! I'm a hardworking customer making payments on time! You Tube Link coming soon!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I purchased a 2019 brand new Jeep Compass in October 2019. The car radio which has all my controls on it went out on 1/14/2020. They are unable to fix it until the second week in February. Jeeps are junk and the service turn around sucks. I would never buy another Jeep again. If you are wondering if Jeep is the way to go I will gladly remind you, they are terrible on gas as well. DO NOT GET A JEEP!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I own a 2015 Renegade with 47k miles and it has been in the shop three times in the last 45 days. It is currently in the shop now going on 31 day and it is still not fixed. It is have a power and drive issues that they have pointed at electrical as the main issue. I have opened a case with Jeep Corp and they have not done anything to assist the dealership and the case manager David and his manager Samantha have done nothing but hang up on me and not give a ** about me the customer. I have made two payments for a car that I can’t even drive and they won’t give me a loaner for more than the first 10 days. I am screaming at the top of my lungs get off your ** and send or get the right person on the phone with the dealership to fix my Jeep. If anyone wants to get any further info and you are from Jeep call Xtreme Dodge in Jackson Michigan and they will know my case.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

This vehicle is a great medium size SUV. Bought to pull behind an RV. It served that purpose and as a great car for a couple. Very versatile and reliable. No problems and love the diagnostic monthly report.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Sunday my Jeep 2019 Compass 13,000 miles wouldn’t start because of “software malfunction.” Got roadside assistance Monday morning to get it towed from a shopping center the car stopped at to dealer. Next day they gave me the car saying it’s fixed. Next morning same thing happened. I was in school so I arranged the car to get towed from my school. No one came for an hour so I called back and roadside said it was no records of it. I created another request of roadside around noon. They promised to pick it up within 60 min. At 7pm I called the dealer to see if it was dropped off and they had no record of it. I called back roadside assistance and the pick up was cancelled. No one called or texted to let me know. Then they said sorry. They arranged for my towing. It will be there in 60min.

It’s 8pm. I still don’t know if my car has been picked up, towed, stolen (because they tell you to leave the keys inside the car). God knows what would happen. There you have it, Jeep Warranty roadside assistance. It’s been 8hrs and I have no idea what’s going on with my car. I could have been stranded on the side of the road with a baby and they wouldn’t know I need help. Seriously baffled at how a huge multimillion dollar company has such third-rate unacceptable customer service and emergency response team.. Mind you that is a warranty issue. NEVER BUYING A CHRYSLER IF ITS THE LAST CAR STANDING.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

My Jeep Compass is a nice small SUV. Good on gas but don't recommend driving it on turnpike in bad weather. I took my car on the turnpike Thanksgiving day. The wind was bad that day. I was scared and nervous. The wind had my car swirling. I need me a bigger suv.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Bad experience w/ the dealership, so that's 1 negative rt off (honesty should count). A roughly $30k car 4yrs ago should buy a solid warranty. Not at Jeep. New vehicle gets only a 35k mile or 3 yr! Currently at 31k miles, the car itself has been reliable, no breakdowns, only regular maintenance (so far).

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Third Jeep I've owned: 2 Wranglers and this Liberty. Liberty has too many issues, too many repair problems: heater/air conditioner, leather seats ripped, front shocks, door locks, radiator. Like Jeeps, but wouldn't recommend the Liberty.

Jeep Company Information