2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.70/5

The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a roomy SUV that's great for off-road adventures. Read more Jeep reviews to learn about other models.

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Grand Cherokee?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

On February 12, 2020, I was in a major accident that should have cost me a lot more than a vehicle. I was hit in the driver's door by a dump truck at 60mph. Thankfully I was in my Jeep! The frame took the force of the blow and it slid 50 yards before it came to a stop beside an electrical pole. While my Jeep was totalled, I was lucky enough to walk away with only a few scratches and bruises. I think I have sold all my friends and family on how safe Jeeps are. My son has asked for one for his 16th birthday and I think it's a wonderful idea. Just wanted to say Thank you, had I been in our van I wouldn't have made it.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee is a fantastic car. It has great power and is very comfortable especially for those of us that are taller. The only thing I have an issue with is the engine turning off when you come to a stop sign then turning on again when you go. I keep the button pushed to turn that option off all the time. I can haul my gardening stuff as well as my grandkids. Beautiful red color too.

Get buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Overall very satisfied. Large enough to accommodate anything we ask it to do yet luxurious enough to never feel like you're in a 4x4 type vehicle. Gas mpg is acceptable as well. Very quiet ride, plenty of power with the V6.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

This is an excellent vehicle. Handles very well, excellent acceleration. Very Comfortable interior and Ride. 5 people can fit comfortably. Like the Car Play user interface for connecting iPhone. Minimal Service so far. Can drive in any kind of weather with confidence.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Decent SUV, nice features, Jeep is usually always overpriced but resell doesn't usually lower either. Maintenance is usually always needed. Check engine lights usually always on. Leather seats, pano roof and weather tech is nice, and I like that even my Grand Cherokee has options to make it more customizable.

Original review: May 14, 2020

We are now on our 4th radiator in our 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The dealership states no damage to the radiator other than leaking at the seams. I contacted Jeep and they opened a case. I spoke to the RUDEST Senior Case specialist named Phyllis. All I wanted to know is why we keep having this issue. All she would tell me is that they buy their parts from a third party vendor. She needs another job other than dealing with the public. I will think twice before ever buying a Jeep product.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Relatively new, 6000 miles, Jeep Grand Cherokee. 3 different occasions did not start. Towed to dealer, they kept 9 days. Could not solve it. Told me to come get the car, they could not fix. They said could be this, could be that. I said well start with theory one and replace the part. Dealer informed me Jeep will not let them do this, they must know for sure.

I said so late one night I could be stranded again. Wait 1 1/2 hours forJeep to show up to tow again. Back to square one then. They said yes. Jeep will not stand behind their product so who knows how many times I will be stranded before they find exact cause. I am a retired gentleman in middle of Covid 19 pandemic and Jeep will not stand behind their product. PLEASE, PLEASE do not make same mistake I did. Buy another, dependable brand.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I love the way the Jeep Grand Cherokee Looks and drives. I have had several issues, that some might overlook in the car buying mindset, however will come to bite them in the end. They include, Eco Engine Failure (had to replace engine - $5,000), computer issues (multiple) some would leave me stranded because I could not start Jeep. Cannot replace headlights without removing front bumper, dealership will replace for $300. Battery placement is under front passenger seat. Finally, dash looks great but cannot handle Texas heat, Jeep will not replace dash as it is not covered are a recall item. If you like flashy then Jeep is your car. If you like dependability, you might want to reconsider. If you like keeping your money, find a different vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Beautiful, comfortable smooth driving Jeep. This is my first Jeep & I am impressed. Love the large navigation screen. The Jeep keeps me in my lane & it has lots of safety features. There is nothing I don’t like.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

It's a very good SUV, very spacious, good looking, good power. The only issue I face is with the electronics. Sometimes the central console wont start, sometimes the traction control won't be accurate.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Company Information