2. Automotive
  3. Car Models

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.76/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

The Jeep Grand Cherokee is a roomy SUV that's great for off-road adventures. Read more Jeep reviews to learn about other models.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

The 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee is a fantastic car. It has great power and is very comfortable especially for those of us that are taller. The only thing I have an issue with is the engine turning off when you come to a stop sign then turning on again when you go. I keep the button pushed to turn that option off all the time. I can haul my gardening stuff as well as my grandkids. Beautiful red color too.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Overall very satisfied. Large enough to accommodate anything we ask it to do yet luxurious enough to never feel like you're in a 4x4 type vehicle. Gas mpg is acceptable as well. Very quiet ride, plenty of power with the V6.

Get expert buying tips about Car Models delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

This is an excellent vehicle. Handles very well, excellent acceleration. Very Comfortable interior and Ride. 5 people can fit comfortably. Like the Car Play user interface for connecting iPhone. Minimal Service so far. Can drive in any kind of weather with confidence.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Decent SUV, nice features, Jeep is usually always overpriced but resell doesn't usually lower either. Maintenance is usually always needed. Check engine lights usually always on. Leather seats, pano roof and weather tech is nice, and I like that even my Grand Cherokee has options to make it more customizable.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Beautiful, comfortable smooth driving Jeep. This is my first Jeep & I am impressed. Love the large navigation screen. The Jeep keeps me in my lane & it has lots of safety features. There is nothing I don’t like.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I love the way the Jeep Grand Cherokee Looks and drives. I have had several issues, that some might overlook in the car buying mindset, however will come to bite them in the end. They include, Eco Engine Failure (had to replace engine - $5,000), computer issues (multiple) some would leave me stranded because I could not start Jeep. Cannot replace headlights without removing front bumper, dealership will replace for $300. Battery placement is under front passenger seat. Finally, dash looks great but cannot handle Texas heat, Jeep will not replace dash as it is not covered are a recall item. If you like flashy then Jeep is your car. If you like dependability, you might want to reconsider. If you like keeping your money, find a different vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

It's a very good SUV, very spacious, good looking, good power. The only issue I face is with the electronics. Sometimes the central console wont start, sometimes the traction control won't be accurate.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Bought a brand new 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee. From day 1, the vehicles jerks and searches for a gear when reducing the speed through town. Under 40 mph. Brought to dealer and he indicated everything checked out as normal diagnostics and all software upgrades up to date. Also indicated that the car is operating as designed or programmed. Very poor design by Chrysler. Other buyers have also complained to the dealer regarding the transmission programming. Called customer service and they were no help. Just told me to keep checking with the dealer for possible software updates. Glad I leased it, but wish I didn’t even do that based on my experience. I’ll never buy another Chrysler or Jeep product again. I will probably buy a Honda next time.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

My husband and I thought that the 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Unlimited would be the perfect SUV. I was wrong. We purchased our Jeep certified pre-owned in June 2018 with 29,000 miles. In August 2018 my transmission went out, as I was driving up the a hill in the middle of the night. In April 2019 my transmission went out again for the second time as I was driving in the freeway. Now my driver side seat belt is not working.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Wow, I thought that the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee unlimited would be a great family car. I was wrong. We bought our Jeep certified pre-owned with 30,000 miles. We have had the Jeep for 3 years and 20,000 miles. The touchscreen went out and can not be replaced 3rd party like car toys, has to be done at Jeep dealership. Cost $1,400. When we asked why this happened they had no clue, I asked, "What’s gonna stop it from happening again?" They said, "Nothing. It just might." The passenger window cracked for no reason down the length (no impact mark). Also not covered and had no knowledge why it happened. In the back seats there is controls for air, heated seats and a 110 outlet. All of those stopped working ($600). When asked why they stopped working again the answer was, "We don’t know."

Now the Jeep makes weird noises from engine bay oh also the 4wd SUCKS!!!! Couldn’t handle the slightest mud! It even had some gravel in there, still got stuck. And I had decent tires on it too! I just can’t get past the fact when I took it in for the problems the sales tech asked if we bought the extended warranty for the Jeep, I said, "No I figured a $34,000 suv would have decent reliability." He looked up and smiled “Oh you should’ve”.... Wow Jeep just wow. Will never ever buy a vehicle from them as long as I live! You figure a company would stand behind their vehicle right? Well NOT JEEP! Save yourself the hassle. Get a Toyota!

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Company Information