Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
3.85/5

J.D. Byrider

Been turned down before? J.D. Byrider could help you get into a great used car with affordable payments today. The approval process is easy at J.D. Byrider. We look at your current financial situation--not just your past mistakes. If you're approved, we'll set up affordable payments with a personalized schedule to try to fit your needs. J.D. Byrider's cars all go through an extensive 92 point inspection. Then, they're computer tested, serviced and reconditioned. All our cars have verified clean titles for your peace of mind. Our convenient, on-site service centers can save you time and money, too.

We've sold more than 1 million cars over the past 25 years. We're also the largest network of on-site financing and car dealerships in the United States, with over 167 locations in 34 states. Our satisfied customers around the nation prove we're the way to go for an easy approval process, reliable vehicles and convenient, low-cost service.

*At participating dealers. Programs, pricing, and services may vary. See dealer for details. Each J.D. Byrider location is independently owned and operated.

View More View More

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1286 J.D. Byrider Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Kennan was incredible. Very patient and a lot of help. He gave my kid crayons and helped me pick out a very good car. The process was fast and he got my payments to be good and not too high. I recommend him to everyone. Thank you for everything!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Steve ** was the salesperson for my mother and while working with her I saw his care for the customer and his patience. He walked me through the entire process and stayed positive when I was nervous! He was able to place me in the vehicle of my choice. Steve even came in to help me Finish the process on his day off! Great customer service and I will be recommending him to others!

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The guy with the bow tie was great with getting me approved and back on the road. Fast, easy process. Was referred by a friend. Made it to work on time after paperwork was signed, drove off happy. Thank you, guys.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My experience at JD Byrider in Bedford was great. Ali ** was very helpful in getting me into a vehicle and it was the vehicle that I wanted to get into - a 09 Saturn. I have no problem letting people know I got a vehicle from JD Byrider.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Magic Mike did great wonders helping me out with a car. I have a loan already and he still got me another one. He did everything that he could do to get this for me. They was suppose to close at 6 and they worked over till 8 to get the paperwork done. We are completely satisfied. I would recommend Magic Mike to anyone I know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.D. Byrider?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

First they force you to buy a $1600 warranty deal then when you take your car in they refuse to fix it. Said they couldn't find anything wrong. Took it to a real mechanic and 5 minutes later told me it's the transmission going bad. DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM THESE CROOKS!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

The best ever. I really enjoyed the vibe when I came in. There is many people that made this a great and wonderful experience for me. I had a great conversation and connection with the sales representative and great customer services.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

They were taken care of. Took longer than we were told it would. They told us why that they did not have enough lights. They should have called and let us know that was what was going on instead of us calling. We would have said thanks for calling but they did not. We had to call them.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

The maintenance techs got my car in and out, no hassle. Steve got me in a car and I’ve been living the dream ever since. Thanks JD Byrider for coming through when it mattered the most. Truck runs great and gets me everywhere I need to be.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

The team were very understanding of my credit situation and my desires for a vehicle and worked to get me in exactly what I was looking for. I’d definitely recommend JD Byrider for anyone looking at an opportunity to drive comfortably and re-establish their credit.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Unfortunately the process took over 6 hours from the time we arrived to leaving with vehicle. And a few things we have to go back for the vehicle. No major issues. Pleasant employees. The video closing is a little redundant. But overall experience was good. I would refer friends and family to this establishment. Very happy we were able to get the vehicle we had our eyes on. I am very happy with it.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Back in July I had car trouble and they found nothing wrong. Then I had same problem again and drop my car off today and tells me that it is battery need to replace and charge me too much... And I felt like it is rip off...

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Everything about my car purchase went very well. From the sales people to the financial services everyone was so helpful and nice. And I also like the car that I picked. Steve the salesman was great. He help me understand everything about my purchase from start to finish.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

With a $5 no hassle, no upselling oil change deal, it really make it easy to love. They are also taking care of a minor issue and a special request because they are awesome! I always recommend JD Byrider and I always will!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Anthony and the service were amazing helping me get my car fixed. I had been to another location previously and that wasn’t my experience. He treated me with a sense of urgency and got me road ready in no time. Definitely appreciate this location (J.D. Byrider Colerain).

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

The process was way easier than I had expected and I felt like they really had my best interests in mind. I would definitely recommend JD Byrider, and would purchase here again in the future. I love my new car, and so do my children.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Purchased a car from their Durham Nc location. Had to bring car into shop after just 4 days. They kept the car for about 3-4 days. Missed work for them to tell me that the gas was low so it drained the battery which caused the battery to go dead as I was coming down a busy highway at 7 in the morning. Didn’t make not one payment on the car. Took it back within 30 days. Now I have a repossession on my credit. I’m beyond pissed with this company not to mention the car was a flood car.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Donne was my salesman. I picked out one type of vehicle and was very set however he suggested I try a different vehicle in which I was extremely happy with and still am. When a person can match you up they know what they are doing!!! I am very happy and would come back again.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

My husband and I have some not too great credit lol, but they stayed confident I would be approved and got me in the exact car I wanted. They were nice and friendly the whole through. Thanks Chris and Marc!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Thanks to Chris ** I had a very positive time at JD Byrider. He worked with me and I didn't have to wait all day to get behind the wheel of a new vehicle... so thank you Chris **. This man should definitely get a raise or something.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I got a Chevy Malibu from your store in Bedford Ohio. The car was running fine. I had no complaints till out of nowhere the car died on me while I was on freeway. I had it towed to your shop and the next day was told I need a new engine. I just got it back yesterday and now the check engine light is on and the climate control is not working. I'm locked into this car for the next 4 years. This is not cool.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I'm satisfied with the service at JD Byrider. They got me in fast and kept me informed about what was happening at every point. I wasn't in the dark. I would recommend them to anyone. Once again great job. I'll continue to be a loyal customer.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

My name is Andrew **. Me and my fiancee came in to JD Byrider service center in Florence Kentucky today at 8 am this morning and got our mounting brackets on our 2011 Dodge Caliber Mainstreet and the vehicle is running better. No rattling sound now but still an unsatisfied customer because of their wait time and the warranty on the vehicle and the store hours sign needs to be fixed. I couldn't even the hours of business so someone needs to fix that. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Everyone very courteous and helpful. Got me into a very nice car when no one else would... Thanks JD. You saved my life. The car is clean and after a little trouble with the alternator, which they fixed, all is great. Love it love... thanks again.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have used J.D. Byrider for multiple purchases. Sean ** has always been amazing and quick. They work hard to make my experience amazing. The vehicles there are amazing and the service department is always quick to get your vehicle maintained.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

The mechanic said he fixed several things on my car but he didn't. It's overall too many things to name from my heating and AC system down to my brakes. The place is a rip off and unfortunately no one warned me. I never really write reviews but I had to this time. I'm really concerned about where my money is going as well because when I look at my receipt my balance looks as if I was never making payments!!!

Update: if you were truly sorry when I took my car back everything would have been rectified! But it wasn't! My car is making this terrifying noise and it sounds like a deathtrap!!! I was told it's going to sound like that until I get matching tires??? Are you kidding me! All of my tires are the same exact size!!! And my heat still does not work!!! I live in the NEPA where it is freezing and my heat nor AC has worked since I had the vehicle!!! Everything is covered under warranty and I still hate bringing my car here! I rather pay out of pocket and take it to another mechanic to insure that the work will be done properly! So what does that tell you!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

The entire staff was really helpful in getting me in a vehicle that is affordable for me. Sherry was phenomenal with her skills in really taking the time to help me. I am very thankful for the experience here and will recommend friends.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Great service. Antonio was great. He was working by himself for hours and it was busy but he never showed it. He still was friendly and helped everyone. He got us approved and got us on our way. Will definitely refer.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Very friendly and professional staff. They really care about their customers. Everything is thoroughly explained. Great service! Just purchased my 3rd car from them and am happy to have such a reliable dependable company to work with. Thank you guys for all your great service and friendships.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

It was wonderful to have a 2nd chance in buying with J.D. Byrider. I was able to upgrade my trade in with no issues as promise. I was very please with the service I received from sales to manager on site. Thank you JD Byrider.

J.D. Byrider Company Information

J.D. Byrider
12802 Hamilton Crossing Blvd.
Carmel