Consumer Reviews and Complaints

When everyone else was turning me down I came in and Corey gave me a great customer service. He showed me a great vehicle that fit my needs. Great experience, would recommend. Great body that works out great for establishing credit and I really really like the car.

Sherry and Gil are awesome. This is my second vehicle with J.D. Byrider and I am very pleased. I love the people here from sales to service to CNAC accounting. Everyone is friendly and always willing to help. I have recommended and will continue to recommend new customers for ya'll.

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Brianna. We're so happy we could help!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

My husband and I were in a tough spot and needed a car that was safe and reliable. We had just totaled one of our cars and we didn't know where to turn. Jennifer ** of the Wausau JD BYRIDER treated us with such kindness the moment we walked through the door. She did everything in her power to help us and we left very satisfied. I recommend that anyone visit JD BYRIDER and experience great customer service and professionalism. Thanks Jen!

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Demarcus! And congrats on your new car!

Original review: May 12, 2017

Very good service!!! Nice people to work with and very understanding. I'm glad I bumped into this company. They have nice good cars to choose from. The best thing is that as you make your payments on time. It also help your credit score. They make life easier. Thanks.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for the review, Craig! We are so happy that we could help you!

Original review: May 12, 2017

Thanks Rich. I am so happy about my purchase. It went really fast and you got it done like you said you would. A lot of people would not help me out with my credit situation so thanks again. If I know someone in the same situation I will send them your way.

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Paul!

Original review: May 11, 2017

Buying and servicing auto so easy to purchase an auto and servicing it after the sale. They are very trusting and honest and help with all situations that sometime come up. I would recommend them to all the people I know without hesitation.

Hey Barbara,

I'm sorry to hear about the payment issue you've been having. Can you give us a call so that we can take a closer look into your account? It sounds like there could have been a misunderstanding. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we than you for your patience.

Original review: May 6, 2017

We bought a car from J.D. Byrider 5 yrs ago. We thought we were paying it off last month but when we made what we thought was our last payment they told us we owed $1700 in late fee. Wow were we shocked. Ever since then they have threatened us with text msgs and phone calls. What a great disappointment. Life is hard and I am grateful for companies like this but considering the high interest rates that we pay for their service I think these late fees are extremely unjustified.

Hey Lasheeta,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. I know that can being without a car can be frustrating. Can you give us a call so that we can take a closer look into your account? We want to make sure that this issue has been sorted out. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Purchase car on 4/15/17 and still do not have my car. I have had to take the car back 3 different times to JD Byrider. Finally (after the 4th time), they let me take it to Nissan which will be an additional 5 to 6 days for the transmission. I can count on both hands how many days I have driven the car since purchasing it. I've been asking for the GM to call me back since the last week in April only to be told it's a chain of command they have to follow. I finally filed a complaint with their corporate office in Indiana and was advised that can take up to 5 days to review. All while I'm still without a car because the office in Orlando states they can't give me a loaner car or purchase me a rental while my car is being fixed. That is the worst buying experiences I have EVER had!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.D. Byrider?

Hey Alexandria,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. Can you give us a call so that we can take a closer look into your account? Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I bought a 2002 Nissan Altima 3 years ago... The car was total junk. I put down $2,500, and the bill came to $21,000, that's right, $21,000 bucks... They had to change the engine 3 times, the heater stopped working after 1 month... These people should be shut down. I am contacting the PA Attorney General, and filing a report against their company. It cost me? 21,000 dollars, for a piece of junk that they bought at an auction for 3,000.

I love everything about this place. Nothing but good positive things. My car needed minor things done and Cody back in service took care of it right away and made sure everything was A1. Thank you J.D. Byrider. I would recommend this place for everyone.

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Kimberly! We're so happy that you had a great experience!

Original review: May 2, 2017

The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable. They expedited the buying process in a very timely manner. The location was very clean. Customer service was good. Overall very good experience and I would recommend J.D. Byrider to friends and family.

Shop well ran. Got me in and out very quick. Very professional, great work, very friendly. Would give 10 out of 10 on service. Shop foreman was very knowledgeable, goes up and beyond on providing great service, delivers on time. Mechanics very good on fixing problems, would recommend them to anyone.

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Sonya!

Original review: April 28, 2017

Sherry ** is the best salesperson ever... A-one service and honest. I recommend you see her when you go. The atmosphere and low down payments... You can't beat it. Just make your payments on time is all they ask and keep insurance on your vehicle. Your vehicle comes with a warranty and everything.

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Bryant!

Original review: April 27, 2017

Their service department has gotten me together for over 5 years and are highly recommended. There was never an issue that they couldn't fixed. And they aren't costly like most places. Always willing to work with you and what you can afford to ensure that you come back.

Hey Elizabeth,

We're sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. Can you give us a call so that we can take a closer look into your account? Thank you for your patience.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I bought a car from these guys March 10. They told me to write down everything that was wrong with the car. I explained to them that when I step on the breaks I keep hearing a screeching sound. So they gave me a service appt which when I went I was told that there was nothing wrong with the car. That they had just put breaks on the car and that the noise might always persist because of it. So I been driving the car and the noise just got louder. So I took a look and there are no front brakes at all. Called them again about it. Now they're not as nice as they was the day I got the car. The women I made the deal with won't even say hello when she sees me and not once came and ask do I need any help.

Anyway... I had someone look at the car and turns out I don't have no brakes on all 4 tires. So when I went back to them they saying I have to pay for the brakes because I'm over my warranty miles. I explained that I was within my mileage warranty when I came about the issue and was lied to saying that the back brakes were just recently done and that the noise was because I had new brakes in the back when the car has no brakes at all. A total unsafe car. They don't stand by their brand at all. Every time I come in no one knows anything. Don't buy from them at all. Fraud. Once they get your money they're be the enemy.

It was great. The sales representative was so pleasant to help me get the car I needed. They didn't give up on getting the and the payment I can afford. They so sweet to help me. They went out of their way to help me. Thank you all.

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Anthony!

Original review: April 20, 2017

It was a great experience. J.D. Byrider has helped me with any auto repairs and really been a blessing with lower cost for vehicle payment and repairs. I would recommend friends and family to this company. I am buying my second car from J.D. Byrider. Every SUV I have bought has been in good shape and has drove great. I also had a really good salesperson. She has really helped me.

Sherry was amazing. She went above and beyond to help me get a good car that was a good fit for me. She wasn't just concerned about the sale. I would recommend to someone else just simply based off the customer service I received from Sherry. She is a great employee.

Hey Shannon,

We're sorry to hear about this issues you've been having with the vehicle. Can you give us a call so that we can take a closer look into your account. We hope to resolve this as soon as possible.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Ever since I bought this lemon of a car. I've had nothing but problems with it. I took my car to service 4/17/17 after shaking from my motor and my check engine light being on, the guy reset my check engine light and said it's fixed, next morning doing the exact same thing. Motor and transmission is still under warranty, I think they are buying time so my warranty is up. I will never recommend nor ever buy a car from them again. I will write reviews all over the internet if I have to, and if I have to sue them then I will. Don't ever buy from J.D. Byrider on I55 Jackson.

Hello Richard and Linda,

We're sorry to hear about the money problems with the vehicle. After a contract is voided, in no way would we expect you to keep paying on a vehicle that you don't have. I think there may be some sort of misunderstanding. Can you give us a call so we can look closer into your account? We hope to resolve this as soon as possible.

Original review: April 14, 2017

We turned in the car because of money problems. They insist that we pay the entire loan even with having the car back. To our knowledge this is against the Michigan law, as well as calling us twice a day and calling our references twice a day (which they said they would never do).

Thanks, Brionna!

Original review: April 14, 2017

I enjoyed the whole process. Everyone was very professional and after being told no everywhere else I got approved here. I would definitely recommend them to friends and family. My prices for overall are very comfortable and I look forward to working with them.

I really enjoyed the people working here and giving me the opportunity to purchase a vehicle here. I love my new van. I want to thank Kyle, Mike and Travis for helping me through my purchase and Amy for explaining all my documentation clearly to me.

Let me tell you-my credit is poor, low down payment but still drove car home. These people are lifesavers. Cindy, Antonio, and Anthony I am so glad I came to see you guys. I would still be using Uber or Lyft making others benefit. No anymore!!??

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Rainey!

Original review: April 10, 2017

I was helped by Angie at the South Holland location. She was very helpful and concerned about helping me get a car. She made sure she was able to give me an affordable car with low payments. She also helped with picking the right insurance company.

Cory from JDB was an awesome guy, full of energy and very knowledgeable. This guy even gave my 2 1/2 year old son a dollar for the vending machine. Cory if you read this keep that energy going and expect a lot of customers. My wife and I were turned down from known dealerships, but at JDB it was completely different. All the negative reviews about this location are crap. Thanks again JDB.

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Tiffany!

Original review: April 8, 2017

Austin was fabulous from the start! Made me zero promises & was very helpful during the process! So happy I was able to walk away with car of my choice! Only issue was GPS optional service charge. Was not told it was optional until too late.

Professional service. Taken in a timely manner. Waiting area clean. The procedure was explained to me to see if I had any questions. Question us. My vehicle was returned to my clean. Received copy of my invoice with the same explanation of the procedure done to my vehicle.

The salesman Darnell **, was very helpful, and knowledgeable of the vehicles and programs they offered. I would highly recommend that gentleman to someone else. Especially if they had trouble getting financed traditionally, and was looking to build their credit.

J.D. Byrider

We're glad we could help, Emmanuel!

Original review: April 6, 2017

I really enjoyed my time getting a car from you all. It was quick and Mrs.Juanita ** and Jennifer ** was very nice and helpful... I was recommended anyone to you all. They got me out in time to make it to work... they always came and checked on me while I was waiting.

Brandon and Nick were very helpful and friendly. Made my purchase very easy to get. Everybody at the Canton store was helpful and friendly. Thanks for being such a good place of business. I will recommend that store to anyone who needs a good vehicle with friendly service.

Every time I come here it's a low stress experience. Everyone is kind and professional. Making my car. Buying something. I don't have to fear. This was our fourth experience and each time has been better than the last. Thank you J.D. Byrider!!!

Mr. ** really helped me out. He took me through every step. He provided good service and explained everything to me so I can understand it. I've been there before and Mr. ** been the best help yet. Even though my credit is not the best, he still helped me find a vehicle. Awesome job.

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Kandi!

Original review: April 3, 2017

Excellent service from when I walked in. I explained my situation and my past experiences and They helped me get my car and I was very pleased with everything. Everyone was so nice and friendly. Excellent teamwork. Customer service was excellent. I would recommend people there.

J.D. Byrider Company Profile

J.D. Byrider
12802 Hamilton Crossing Blvd.
Carmel