Consumer Reviews and Complaints

When everyone else was turning me down I came in and Corey gave me a great customer service. He showed me a great vehicle that fit my needs. Great experience, would recommend. Great body that works out great for establishing credit and I really really like the car.

Sherry and Gil are awesome. This is my second vehicle with J.D. Byrider and I am very pleased. I love the people here from sales to service to CNAC accounting. Everyone is friendly and always willing to help. I have recommended and will continue to recommend new customers for ya'll.

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Brianna. We're so happy we could help!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

My husband and I were in a tough spot and needed a car that was safe and reliable. We had just totaled one of our cars and we didn't know where to turn. Jennifer ** of the Wausau JD BYRIDER treated us with such kindness the moment we walked through the door. She did everything in her power to help us and we left very satisfied. I recommend that anyone visit JD BYRIDER and experience great customer service and professionalism. Thanks Jen!

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for your review, Patrick! Congrats on your new car!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Very pleasant team of works. Matt ** the salesman was awesome. Would recommend to my friends and family when looking for a car. Second car bought with J.D. Byrider. They helped with every part of getting the car ready for us to drive away today. Couldn't ask for a better group of people.

This was a wonderful experience! I would definitely refer my friends and family! They have a friendly staff and great hospitality! I now have a newer car to call my own! Proud driver of a 2009 Toyota Camry! Greg ** is a great salesman and very precise!

Resolution In Progress

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Melissa. I apologize for the vehicle issues you are experiencing. With your situation, we may be able to help you sooner. Please give us a call so we can discuss what we can do to help.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I am very upset after purchasing a vehicle in which I paid way more than the value of to get my credit back on track and I'm appreciative of being able to get into a car but the warranty offered I believe is a joke and the statement they have good cars is fictitious. I have had door handle panels fall off after one day and have no brake lights or turn signals now just after 1 day.

Also has an idle issue not sure but they fixed it after test drive for it to come back a day later. Of course they will fix under warranty for 36$ deductible but after calling all 3 local locations it can't be looked at until over three weeks later which interferes with driving as I don't want a ticket or to be rear ended for not having brake lights. Oh and if you get one with a sunroof be prepared to pay to fix that as they disable them at auction and JD Byrider will not enable them when you purchase it either and they don't tell you that until afterwards. Very disappointed in my experience. I'd really hate something serious to go wrong if something like taillights take over 3 wks just to get looked at.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for your review, Shaquita! We also appreciate the suggestion!

Original review: July 19, 2017

The service was prompt. The people were courteous and helpful as usual. I appreciate that I can come in and get an oil change for free. However, I would like for appointments to not be so far apart. I have to wait almost a month to get my car checked on.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for your review, Tacarra! We're happy to help!

Original review: July 19, 2017

I had a great experience since this was my first time buying a car. l wanna thank the team for all they did. Mr. ** and the nice lady who was there were so helpful. Sorry can remember her name but she was great. Thanks a lot for the first time great experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.D. Byrider?

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for your review, Chanetta! We are happy to see that you had a great experience!

Original review: July 17, 2017

The service department is under new management and I love it! They got my car and looked at it and had it done in a day! Before they worked on it, they called to get my approval on the estimated price it would cost and details on what exactly was wrong. Before, I would sit all day and they would never tell me what they were doing or fixing until after it was completed. The new team were professional, friendly, and efficient. I am very happy with them.

J.D. Byrider

Jacob, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry that you had a negative experience with us. Please give us a call so we can look into your experience and improve. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Original review: July 16, 2017

Went on 7/11/2017 at 10 am CST at J. D. Byrider on Fort Smith, Arkansas. Fill out applications, advised me what car I wanted, advised them I wanted a SUV or a truck with payments for 200. Told I was approved and advised me to come back to drive vehicles. Arrive on 7/12/2017 came into establishment. Told me to test drive car so I do. Advised them it had popping noises in the front end. They me it had no issues. They told me it was covered under warranty but refused to fix front end and wanted me tell anyone about the issues. Then they advised on contract could not refinance it was not their policy. They stated on their warranty to fix front issues but refused and refused to give me key fob due to laziness. I will never buy a vehicle from them ever again due shady contract due and poor customer service.

J.D. Byrider

Yolanda, thank you for your review! We're always here to help!

Original review: July 12, 2017

Staff was great and everyone was so nice and professional. My salesperson was Vanessa and she did an outstanding job working with me and the general manager Mrs. ** is absolutely amazing and did everything she could to help me get into a vehicle! Thanks.

J.D. Byrider

Alejandro, thank you for your review!

Original review: July 11, 2017

I had a great experience buying my car from JD Byrider in Glendale Heights. My sales men was honest with me when it came to the process and the things that I need it to bring. When they told me I was approved I couldn't believe it. I make payments every two weeks instead of every month and I like that because my payment doesn't feel heavy on my finances. Thank you JD BYRIDER!!!

J.D. Byrider

Molly, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize that you have had a negative experience with us. It sounds like this instance could have been a communication error. We will have to look into this to be certain. We do our best to give customers low down payments, but everyone's circumstances are different. Please give us a call so we can look into your experience and improve.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I live nearly an hour away from any J.D Byrider lots. I called the lot in a city where I needed to do other errands. I called prior to making the jaunt to see if the Fourth of July $4 down promo would still be valid. I was told it would be extended and would be valid for me on that day. I asked if there were exceptions to the promo. The answer was a very definitive no, not unless we had extremely unique situation or were looking at extremely over priced vehicle. After driving an hour to get there, and a long wait, we were told it would take $800 to get into a car. Heard 2 other customers told the same thing. Really?! Then why when I asked if there were exceptions to the $4 down was I told it was a rarity!? Statements like that are why used car dealers get called liars.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for the review, Wanda!

Original review: July 8, 2017

Drew was a fantastic salesperson. Made it happen. Process was not all day. I will recommend Drew. Anybody need a car go to Drew. Good and straight up. Thank you from Mr. and Mrs **. We I say he got us in and out finance dept. Got ball rolling. All staff was awesome to us. Thank you so much.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for your review, Lisa! We truly appreciate it!

Original review: July 8, 2017

Lee ** was wonderful, knowledgeable, patient, and friendly. Enjoyed my visit and the customer service of everyone. Jessica and Shelly were wonderful as well. The process was quick. Everyone was very friendly even the gentlemen and ladies I didn't have the pleasures speaking with.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Lisa. I'm sorry that you did not have a great experience. Our mission is to help our customers build their credit so it is very important to us that payments are made on time. We do not want to see our customers hurt their credit. Please give us a call so we can look into your experience and improve. Again, I apologize for these issues and hope we can help.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I went to JD Byrider December 2016. I had been without a car for months and was catching the bus in the snow. My credit was poor and I had a repo on my credit. They stated they work with customers with bad credit to rebuild credit and to help them get a vehicle. They seemed so nice and helpful. I was sold a 2009 Kia Rio for close to $14000 which I was shocked at the cost. The first 5 payments or so I was on time. I was 6 days late on a $195 payment and they were threatening to repo. They contacted many people I had placed on my reference list. When they did call they explained I was late on my payments and told my private info. They removed the fuel box from under the hood so the car would not start and I was not made aware until they brought them back. The very next day after the payment is due they start calling at 9am and continue to call.

I have had the vehicle less than 7 months and had to return it 3xs for repair. Twice for coil packs going out and once for the motor in the blower stopped working so I didn't have heat. I explained when I made the payment that I have been back and forth out of the hospital due to health problems and I have issues with my cell service so I am not intentionally ignoring them. But I still get the most unprofessional calls. I asked that when they call my references to not give details. She advised they are third party and when I provided those names I gave them permission to discussion personal info. Also I was not aware the shop was only open Mon-Fri and it can take weeks to get you in. 1 day late is bit much to start calling you and your contacts for a payment and threatening repo in less than a week. That is not helping customers. You can not trade in their vehicles because the interest rate is 24%. So you are stuck or eat a repo.

In June of 2016 I had some Unforeseen credit issues and was unable to finance a new SUV. I went to J.D. Byrider in October of 2016 and saw a SUV that was in decent shape. I purchased it even though it was about $9,000.00 overbook on it. I had no choice. I went in and saw the rep from CNAC and explained what happened to me and the loan was put through immediately. From sales to service they have been incredibly amazing to me!! You may pay more for the vehicle but make your payments on time and they will not not bother you just like any other finance company.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for your review! We're always here to help!

Original review: July 1, 2017

I would recommend anyone to J.D. Byrider. They are so nice and friendly and easy to work with. The process is easy and there's no hassle. Was stress-free and very reasonable. They work well with you to make sure they have what you're looking for and make sure that you are satisfied.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for your review, Porsha!

Original review: July 1, 2017

Even though they weren't able to get me into a vehicle the service was great. The staff that was there was very polite, would definitely recommend to friends and family and will be returning with items I need to purchase!

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for your review, Cory! We truly appreciate it!

Original review: June 30, 2017

J.D. Byrider Augusta: The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful when I came in. They made me feel like I was apart of the family! Vanessa and Brittany assisted me in understanding the process and benefits of choosing J.D. Byrider. I will send my friends and family members there.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for your review, Lillian!

Original review: June 30, 2017

My sales gal Jenni was very friendly, very knowledgeable and helpful. I would recommend her and JDB to anyone! I was in and out fast. The process was very professional. The cars that were available were nice and clean. Again great place to get your car.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for your review, Tabitha!

Original review: June 27, 2017

The employees are very helpful. This place works with you and your budget as well as helping you establish credit. The sales agent Mr. ** helped with everything from start to finish. I would recommend them to anyone on a budget and who needs help establishing their credit. Really great company.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for your review! We are always here to help!

Original review: June 26, 2017

The guys there are fun and professional. I took my van in and it had a leak. They fixed it and when I had a question on something else. The service manager had his guy check it out before I left to make sure everything was good to go. Thank you.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you so much for your review, Sylvia!

Original review: June 23, 2017

Very helpful and friendly. Willing to work with payments and fast response. Same day car and many cars to choose from. Would send any of my friends or family members here if needed to get a new vehicle and is nice to have someone local to be able to do any repairs.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Apple. I am sorry that you did not have a great experience with us. Our program is built to thoroughly inspect our customers so that we can determine if we can help them build their credit or not. The last thing we want is for a customer to miss payments and decrease their credit. Please give us a call so we can learn from your experience and improve.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I sat down with a financial advisor and he tells me he can't finance me because I transferred my job and my pay doesn't add up. Then have the nerve after to question me about my job. Then the neck is a job verification for. Do you know how to do your job. They don't ask you if you want water or anything. The lady who took care of me was on her phone. This isn't a real dealer. DO NOT GO HERE. HIGH MILES WITH FLOOD CARS.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you so much for your review!

Original review: June 21, 2017

Thank you for all the help getting me into a wonderful and safe vehicle. The warranty is great! It came with a 3-year/36000 mile warranty and payments are something that I can afford. Thank you Matthew for the help.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you so much for your review, James!

Original review: June 17, 2017

I went in to J.D. Byrider to purchase a vehicle and was helped by Mr. **. I was very pleased with ** level of professionalism in assisting me with all that was needed to closeout the purchase of the vehicle. ** explained all that I needed to know about the car down to the $5 oil change. I would truly recommend anyone who in need of a vehicle to stop by and leave smiling...

J.D. Byrider

Thank you so much for your review!

Original review: June 16, 2017

Great experience, great warranty, low downpayment. Go see Mr. Greg ** when you're looking for a vehicle, tell them Tre sent you and he'll get you on the road. Low payment as well, accept nothing less if you need a ride.

J.D. Byrider

David, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry that you have had a negative experience. We do our very best to help customers build their credit, but we need our customers to do their part and make their payments on time in order to make our process work. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if there is any way that we could improve this process.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I don't write reviews but this was such a horrendous experience I feel obligated to warn people to avoid this place at all costs. I created an account just for this purpose. My girlfriend had financed a car at this place. She let her son take the car on a cross country road trip for a couple weeks. While the kid was gone they checked the GPS on the car and assumed wrongly that the owner had left without paying. She was told by Dane that they had tried numerous times to contact her about the car being out of state. Only none of the numbers they had on file were contact numbers for her or her kid.

Not only was there no phone contact but there wasn't any attempt to contact by email either. So the kid gets back into town, and not an hour later they come and repossess the car. The payment was six days late. All their stuff was still in the car so we went over there to get it all. 50.00 storage fee to get their stuff, and they mysteriously lost some expensive items too. They won't even allow her to make the payment to get her vehicle back. She has always been on time with her payments, but instead of working with her they would rather be **.

They are absolutely the worst car dealership in town. It's a scam to prey on people who don't have good credit. They even bragged about screwing another customer over twice and were reselling that person's vehicle. DO NOT BUY A CAR HERE. Tell anyone you can to not buy here either because they are dirty rotten crooks. Snakes waiting to squeeze whatever they can out of you.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Kuame. I apologize that you have had a negative experience. Unfortunately, there can be unforeseen issues with vehicles. We do our absolute best to stay on top of this. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve our business and your experience.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I bought a car here and three days after I bought it 2004 Buick LaSabre I had to go to the shop and repair the gas line. Within three months I had to go to the shop again for a bad gas pump and two other times for engine service. After the engine service the check engine light came on. Even though some the repairs were covered by warranty the pain of having to go back and forth to the shop and paying for repairs not covered by warranty and the car payment too does not add up to a good experience and my friend and former coworker told me not to buy here. I should have listened to him.

Now my credit's even more messed up because of crooks like JD Byrider. Honestly, I don't know how they been in business so long and how they are still in business. Hopefully future ratings will help them improve or go out of business. CNAC was another pain. High interest. Never again will I finance at the dealership's in house financing. That should be done through a separate financing entity.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Isaac. I apologize for your negative experience. Please give us a call or come into the store so that we can learn from your experience and improve.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I purchased a car from the J.D. Byrider store in Cleveland, OH in December 2016; on June 1, 2017, the car stalled on a freeway exit, I had to get the car pushed off the road and finally towed to the dealer for repairs. As of today (June 15th), I have been getting the runaround about the car. I have a family to support, I have lost money paying for rental cars to get back and forth to work. And I am still paying J.D. Byrider for a car I haven't been able to drive for two weeks - I cannot in good conscience recommend anyone to buy a car from J.D. Byrider if this is how they treat customers. To anyone who reads these words and are considering buying from J.D. Byrider - DON'T!

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Mckenna. I'm sorry you did not have a great experience. We should always put our customers first. Please give us a call so that we can look into your experience and improve.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Two weeks ago I went to the Fairfield, Ohio location of the J.D. Byrider stores. I had received a voucher for $500 off the retail price of a car, which would in the end equal to two car payments. The salesman (Dan) who had been assisting in the process of finding the perfect car was amazing. He explained everything to the best of his ability and he made sure I wouldn't get my hopes up by allowing me to be approved before showing me any car. Once I had been approved and decided on a car I went to the general manager to sign all the papers and he had acknowledged my $500 and had told me that it was applied to my payments. So I got the keys and before I drove away I made sure to tell Dan that we had already noticed a problem with the car. He was very helpful and told me to make an appointment with the service center.

After going home and looking at all the paperwork we realized the $500 had NOT been applied to my payments. I had called multiple times to reach the general manager (who is the only person who can rewrite my payment plan) and I didn't get a call back. We also sent an email to him and he never acknowledged the money aspect of it but he did acknowledge the rest of the message. I had to take the car to the service center twice to fix the same problem that had started before I left the store and both times while waiting for it to be fixed me and a few of his employees had tried to reach him and no one was able to get ahold of him.

Now the second trip I made to the service center they didn't have enough time to fix the problem so we had scheduled for the upcoming Sunday night I would drop the car off and it would be fixed and returned the following day. However I received a call the next day and they had told me they broke my windshield. So I wouldn't be able to get my car back until Tuesday (today). So after receiving that call, frustrated and angry, I called the main store demanding to talk to Kevin the general manager and the associate on the phone hung up on me.

So in response I called the corporate office who then forwarded me back to the same man who had hung up on me and he had started screaming at me and making a total fool of himself. When I started to say this was horrible customer service he then said, "Here she goes again" and proceeded to hang up on me again. I've been with the company two weeks and am already regretting my decision to sign a contract. My windshield is being replaced and the salesman I was originally in contact with has been very helpful with getting that rewrite, however I am very unsatisfied with the horrible service.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Yasmin. I am sorry that you have had a negative experience. It sounds like there is some sort of misunderstanding with your account. Please give us a call so that we can look into this further.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Ok so I got a car which had 1000s of problems but I was fixing them on my own with my own money. But then my motor goes out and this is when all the nonsense starts. So I was told I got my car at 118 thousand miles. I've had it for 1 year and now they're saying I have 250 thousand miles on my car which is literally like impossible unless I was driving about 1500 miles a day which is a ridiculous amount of miles that me as a 26 year old full time employee with a baby could never drive. All I do is go to work and come home and they have the nerve to tell me that I drove 100 thousand miles in a year and that I have to pay for the motor which I didn't find out until after 2 weeks after my car sat at their service dept.

I talked to the manager once after calling every week maybe 2 times a week and my boyfriend also calling and one day he finally decides to get on the phone with me being very rude for absolutely no reason at all. I asked him since he works in the profession he works in do he think that it's possible to drive that many miles in a year and he replied "I don't know. You the one was driving." What type of unprofessional mess is that. He also said that he have spoken to me which was a complete lie and that he tried to work out a plan with me and that I just hung up on him which is another lie. What reason will I have to be rude to someone I don't know and never seen in my life. I am flabbergasted...

I think this was rigged from the beginning. I think that the mileage that's in my paperwork was a complete lie and a set up just in case something like this happens. I have been told I got 126 thousand miles on the car. I have been told I have 153 thousand miles and it's bull and not fair. I think because I am so young and went there with no clue on cars they preyed on me and it's not fair to me as a struggling parent who works my butt off to provide for my family. It's just not fair and I plan on investigating this further with my lawyer.

J.D. Byrider Company Profile

J.D. Byrider
12802 Hamilton Crossing Blvd.
Carmel