Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.77/5

J.D. Byrider

Been turned down before? J.D. Byrider could help you get into a great used car with affordable payments today. The approval process is easy at J.D. Byrider. We look at your current financial situation--not just your past mistakes. If you're approved, we'll set up affordable payments with a personalized schedule to try to fit your needs. J.D. Byrider's cars all go through an extensive 92 point inspection. Then, they're computer tested, serviced and reconditioned. All our cars have verified clean titles for your peace of mind. Our convenient, on-site service centers can save you time and money, too.

We've sold more than 1 million cars over the past 25 years. We're also the largest network of on-site financing and car dealerships in the United States, with over 167 locations in 34 states. Our satisfied customers around the nation prove we're the way to go for an easy approval process, reliable vehicles and convenient, low-cost service.

*At participating dealers. Programs, pricing, and services may vary. See dealer for details. Each J.D. Byrider location is independently owned and operated.

View More View More

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

1400 J.D. Byrider Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 29, 2019

I have been happy with JD Byrider since 2006. This is my fourth vehicle with the company and each vehicle has lived up to the company's promise. I have always had affordable payments and if I was very late due to financial challenges, they were able to work with me to keep me in my vehicle. My salesman Will ** was the best. He has a very positive and helping attitude. He was able to turn a not so favorable situation into a favorable one, and he always maintained a smile. He also reached out to me with information about several vehicles that would work for me, and he followed up when necessary.

Original review: March 8, 2019

They Peoria location and individuals were very helpful! They listened to what I needed and wanted while keeping in mind what I can afford. The service and parts department even introduced themselves and gave me either car in case I ever needed them or had questions. My only suggestion would to go over the paperwork more detailed before you just leave the customer in the room to watch the video. Overall though it was a pleasant experience and I wasn't there for more than a couple hours. Mainly because I did test drive 4 vehicles making sure I really liked what I was trying to get into.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

This was a real treat, and I must admit a little revealing... I just bought a car from J.D. BYRIDER in Bedford on the Bedford Auto Mile, and to say I was treated wonderfully would be underselling it. From the knowledge and professionalism from the staff (sales consultant was April **) to the manner in which the staff went out of their way to make what I had assumed would be a less than memorable experience, into a car buying breeze.

I would like to commend Mr. Scott ** on his ability to have his staff armed with such a grasp on how to take the sometimes unnerving and even scary process of car buying and transform it into a endeavor that left me not only supremely satisfied with my purchase but also being able to recall each staff member for their individual brilliance. They are true Pros. Denise, Ali, Elroy, their GM Mr. ** and the downright impressive Mrs. April **. Do yourself a favor. If in need of reliable transportation, and give the team a visit - you will not be disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I was so pleased with my experience with Austin and everybody here. We were in a really tight spot... Scott was so helpful running through financials with us. Austin worked with us and got us a van which we didnt even think we would qualify for. It did take a minutes because we called and showed up same day and we also had our two kids with us 3yrs and 8months... and they we so understandable about my three year old needing run around. Austin played with her to pass the time by. It was more than I expected. Definitely Family Recommended.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I have had the best car buying experience of my life. The staff at the Peoria IL store are so accommodating and made me feel very easy they the whole process. Alex ** is an amazing asset to this company. My mother and aunt came with me and my aunt is a diabetic and after sitting here trying to get the deal done, Alex went completely out of his way to get my aunt something to eat and my mother and I drinks. Josh ** is a wonderful person as well. We never sat for more than 10 minutes without Josh or Alex telling us what was happening. Josh made it work for us and I would definitely come back for another car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.D. Byrider?

Original review: June 20, 2019

Amy was very helpful and great customer service. She made sure I got a great deal and made sure I got what I needed for a affordable price. Very helpful and reliable. Very attentive with all services. Very nice people that run the establishment.

Original review: June 19, 2019

My experience was really good. Caeden, really helped me out when my previous car got totaled. The wait was a little long but that was so they could get me the best possible deal they could, an I'm driving off in a new car to me with no money down.

Original review: June 18, 2019

This has been the worst experience ever. Purchased my car over a year ago and this have been money pit. When issues arise it's hard to get someone in the line then if they do answer they are rude and nasty. They start repairs before authorization then quote you outlandish prices. I wouldn't encourage anyone to purchase here. Just a horrible experience. I've had to bring my car in 3 times in the last 4 weeks and collectively each visit has totaled $2500. The customer service has been horrible and they need to learn how to speak to people. If not for us you would have NOTHING!!!

Original review: June 15, 2019

Run fast as you can, I bought a car from them and had to take to their repair shop. I lost my job because the car kept breaking down on me and the final straw was when my car broke down on me again at 11 o'clock with a baby in the car, my grandchild. J.D. Byrider had eventually closed down here in Tampa, and final the salesman who sold me my car, on that day as I got there to buy a car, he was smoking weed on the side of the building on his break I assume. Not a good company to do business with.

Original review: June 11, 2019

** and ** assisted me at the Cleveland location located at 15200 Lorain Rd Cleveland, Ohio 44111 and they went above and beyond to make sure I was approved for a car. Both men were very patient and I am very appreciative to have been able to deal with both of them.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I had a stabilizer bar repaired and heat shield fixed. I am very pleased with the work they do. They can have my business anytime. The people are very friendly and sociable. They let you know what needs done and how long it will take them to get it done. I had to make two trips today, but it was well worth both trips.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Great service Craig was terrific. Helpful staff easy process. Car was great like the service plan that comes with it. No early payoff penalty. Would have no problem buying here again and recommending JD Byrider to others.

Original review: June 2, 2019

Do not go here to get a vehicle or to have them do any work on your vehicle. They are scam artists and do not care about the customer at all! Falsifying paperwork, and telling the customer that they are lying and don’t know what they are talking about! I recommend going to Carmax. If anything at least if they don’t properly fix something they WILL MAKE IT RIGHT AT NO COST TO THE CUSTOMER!

Original review: May 29, 2019

These folks are horrible! They tore up my car when I brought it in for repair and they don’t wanna give me my money back! I have a small claim against them! I would walk before I refer someone to them or buy through them!

Original review: May 29, 2019

Our salesmen was awesome and very good. Love them???? My grandkids really ❤️ it and no more using my son's car. Thank You???? The team at this place is awesome and very knowledgeable in everything and love them.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Elroy took the time to help us get our Cadillac CTS. I had a issue with my pay stub but Elroy was patient with us and he take care of some personal business. He gave us excellent customer service. He took the time to explain some things and We appreciate that.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I had Caeden and had a very good experience shopping for a car. He made us very comfortable and did not push us into anything like some do. They got what I needed. Thank you Caeden and JD. Bob **

Original review: May 25, 2019

When my fiance and I went to go look at vehicles and possibly purchase one Charle ** was very helpful and very knowledgeable about the vehicles. Cathy ** the financial rep helped out a lot as well and walked us thru everything with a doom process.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Everyone was so helpful and nice and when nobody else would approve me, they did. I’m very happy with my car buying experience through them and would recommend them to anybody having trouble getting approved. I love my new car.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Great place that will work with you to get the repairs needed. They are always very helpful and friendly and have a great warranty program. They have been very accurate with price estimates on various repairs. I will definitely use them in the future for repairs on my vehicle. Thank you!

Original review: May 20, 2019

I had gone into J.D. Byrider about a month and a half ago, I walked in, was greeted by Conrad at the SLC State Street location. He was very helpful, funny, gave me a good buying experience. I had purchased a 2008 Chevy Equinox. No check engine. It ran great.... About 2 to 3 days later my check engine comes up on my way to work, and overheats on me in the middle of the freeway between Park City. I didn't drive the car for a whole week until I was able to get it to the service center, again no issues. I gave them my car and they gave it right back to me. I had it for about a couple days and it goes back to overheating, and dropping tons of antifreeze everywhere. I take it back to the service center where they tell me "Oh it shouldn't be doing that and we'll get it checked and back to you."

I get a call about 5 days later to go pick it up. On my way there the car overheats on the test drive, at this point I'm frustrated because I have been missing work and losing money from having to get a ride here and there from work. Once I talk to them about what they are gonna do they go and get a whole new engine for me, but soon find out that it was a faulty engine, so I'm sitting here 3 weeks without the car, CNAC is up my ** trying to get a payment from me when I haven't had the car for weeks.

About a week ago I got contact from Theodore the CNAC manager, and he tells me, "If you like we can give you your refund and give you the car and we'll go our separate ways." So I said, "Yes let's do it," I put about 1,200 to 1,300 on the car and they want to give me back 300, I get a message from Theodore saying "You still have to pay for the time you had the vehicle. The fact that I am letting you out of the contract you should be happy man." They have not only screwed me over on my own money but shown that it's not about the customers. Most of these comments are written beforehand to make them look good but don't be fooled. Definitely regret coming here...

Original review: May 18, 2019

Richard **. J.D. Byrider, 800 North Avenue, Glendale Heights, IL 60139. (630) 403-3800. GET OUT!!! Do not believe any good comment you see. All lies. PLEASE NEVER BUY A CAR From this place. Here is what I was sent in a email. Effort: "I’ll do everything in my power to get you the vehicle and financing you need and a payment you can afford. And, I'll work with you to show you how YOU can get on the road to improving YOUR credit." Courtesy: "I will do everything I can to make your buying experience as pleasant and positive as possible." Respect: "No matter what your credit situation, you deserve to be treated with the utmost respect!" Discretion: "Your private financial situation will be kept confidential."

Once you sign your name they treat you like crap. Also the service department never fixes your car!! I got a car from them in August 2017 and Every other month I had the car I was taking it back and forth to the service department. STAY AWAY PLEASE.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Brandon was extremely helpful. He went above and beyond to ensure I got the perfect vehicle to Fit my needs. Thank you so much for all. Of your help. I would recommend you to anyone. Can’t wait to drive home???

Original review: May 9, 2019

Don't talk that much but what I seen so far everything was good. Would I do it again. Yes because how everything was handle. The service was good. Clear on everything there. One thing I think need a better selection.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Service done in timely manner. The ladies in the payment department are always helpful. Thanks for all the help. Look forward to working with J.D. in the future. I have told friends and family to shop here. Sincerely Jordan ** and family till next time.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Tried to charge me $10,000.00 for a car worth at best $2,200.00. I do realize they specialize in bad credit, but that is just taking advantage of people. Car was supposed to go through 91 point inspection. Yeah ok it wasn't safe to be on the road.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Thank you for all your help with getting me a vehicle today. And a great price as well. I would send all my friends and family this way. I would not have been able to get a car without you. Thank you again for all you have done.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Honesty, and wonderful customer service. Mr ** did everything to make my dream came true!! He never gave up and stayed on the up and up with me and helped me find a dependable vehicle. THANK YOU J.D. BYRIDER FOR A CHANCE.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Brett made it easy and painless to shop for a car. He helped me and even with my situation, he tried his hardest to get me into a car. I thank him for it. Look for Brett in East Dundee when struggling and shopping for a car.

Original review: April 30, 2019

The service quality & customer support was fairly good. Some of the office employees are very stand-offish. Almost rude! I noticed that on the sales side complementary coffee is extended, but not on the service side. People like to be appreciated rather buying or getting service. A WiFi station will be an excellent addition as well.

J.D. Byrider Company Information

J.D. Byrider
12802 Hamilton Crossing Blvd.
Carmel