Consumer Reviews and Complaints

When everyone else was turning me down I came in and Corey gave me a great customer service. He showed me a great vehicle that fit my needs. Great experience, would recommend. Great body that works out great for establishing credit and I really really like the car.

Sherry and Gil are awesome. This is my second vehicle with J.D. Byrider and I am very pleased. I love the people here from sales to service to CNAC accounting. Everyone is friendly and always willing to help. I have recommended and will continue to recommend new customers for ya'll.

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Brianna. We're so happy we could help!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

My husband and I were in a tough spot and needed a car that was safe and reliable. We had just totaled one of our cars and we didn't know where to turn. Jennifer ** of the Wausau JD BYRIDER treated us with such kindness the moment we walked through the door. She did everything in her power to help us and we left very satisfied. I recommend that anyone visit JD BYRIDER and experience great customer service and professionalism. Thanks Jen!

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Yasmin. I am sorry that you have had a negative experience. It sounds like there is some sort of misunderstanding with your account. Please give us a call so that we can look into this further.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Ok so I got a car which had 1000s of problems but I was fixing them on my own with my own money. But then my motor goes out and this is when all the nonsense starts. So I was told I got my car at 118 thousand miles. I've had it for 1 year and now they're saying I have 250 thousand miles on my car which is literally like impossible unless I was driving about 1500 miles a day which is a ridiculous amount of miles that me as a 26 year old full time employee with a baby could never drive. All I do is go to work and come home and they have the nerve to tell me that I drove 100 thousand miles in a year and that I have to pay for the motor which I didn't find out until after 2 weeks after my car sat at their service dept.

I talked to the manager once after calling every week maybe 2 times a week and my boyfriend also calling and one day he finally decides to get on the phone with me being very rude for absolutely no reason at all. I asked him since he works in the profession he works in do he think that it's possible to drive that many miles in a year and he replied "I don't know. You the one was driving." What type of unprofessional mess is that. He also said that he have spoken to me which was a complete lie and that he tried to work out a plan with me and that I just hung up on him which is another lie. What reason will I have to be rude to someone I don't know and never seen in my life. I am flabbergasted...

I think this was rigged from the beginning. I think that the mileage that's in my paperwork was a complete lie and a set up just in case something like this happens. I have been told I got 126 thousand miles on the car. I have been told I have 153 thousand miles and it's bull and not fair. I think because I am so young and went there with no clue on cars they preyed on me and it's not fair to me as a struggling parent who works my butt off to provide for my family. It's just not fair and I plan on investigating this further with my lawyer.

J.D. Byrider

Lucille, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. We do our best to help our customers to improve their credit. Our program is designed all around this mission and that includes our pricing. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve our program. Again, I am sorry that you have had a negative experience.

Original review: June 8, 2017

They were very helpful, they repaired everything that was wrong with the car right away. Their service dept is great. They take advantage of people in financial difficulty by more than doubling the book value of their cars. You find yourself in need of a car, then not being able to get bank financing, then having no choice but to take them up on their offer for purchasing a car from them. I recently found myself needing a car, because of issues with the car that I had. Due to a past job loss and vehicle repossession, I went to JD Byrider. I also am the primary caregiver for my mother so I needed a reliable car. They sold me a car at just over $10,000 dollars, this car had a Kelley Blue Book value of just under $5,000. More than doubling the price. Yes, I could have walked away, but with my responsibilities and my job requiring a car, I felt I had no choice.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you so much for your review, Cory!

Original review: June 8, 2017

It was a great experience. Everybody was very nice and tried their best to get me what I wanted! I would like to thank everyone at the JD Byrider group in Kokomo, Indiana for all their support and friendliness. I got a Scion TC and it's amazing. The overall condition is an A+.

J.D. Byrider

Courtney, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Can you give us a call so that we can take a closer look into your account? We would like to hear more about this and improve. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Ok I received an email stating I was able for a trade in. I went in today on June 7 to see about this. I was addressed not being behind 33 days and was told that it was best I leave my van and they would find me a ride. I walked out and left with my van $14000 later. I refuse to give up all that money. You all say you're here to help us but I don't see it that way by far!!! I will never do business with J.D. Byrider again.

J.D. Byrider

Annette, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. We do our best to inspect our vehicles before selling, but some issues can be unforeseen. We apologize for these issues. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve this.

Original review: June 6, 2017

After owning the car for less than a year it needed to be fixed and repairs were several hundred dollars. After explaining that we did not have that kind of money for repairs since the car was only 7 months old the customer service department was of no assistance. Since we need the car to get to work and school as well as so pick up our school age children we had no choice but to get the car fixed. JD Byrider fixed the car but then was not willing to work with us on paying for the repairs.

Now we have no car, no money and are being evicted because we made the car payment but could not make the repair payment and they were unwilling to let us pay on it monthly to stay mobile. This is not a good way to do business especially when you sold us a car that needed repairs in the first place. We will be seeking assistance from the attorney general of the state of Texas to get this mitigated so we can either get our money back or be able to make payments for the repairs and keep our car since we will be needing it to find a new home. As a young family with small children, you need to be more upfront about the condition of the cars that you sell.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.D. Byrider?

J.D. Byrider

Steven, thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you!

Original review: June 6, 2017

My wife and I purchased a car from JD Byrider after completing bankruptcy. We needed a 3rd row vehicle for our growing family. About 6 weeks after driving our car home, we began experiencing difficulties with the transmission. We took it in and it was confirmed that the transmission needed to be replaced. This was done at no cost to us, including a part that had to be overnighted to complete the transmission repair work. Nate at the service department went above and beyond by having our repaired vehicle delivered to our home, as my wife had an important medical appointment to keep which otherwise would have required a taxi to arrive in time. Frederick in sales has also been wonderful. When we sat down with him at the time this issue began he assured us that in the worst case scenario he would find us a different car. This is a dealership that takes care if its clients.

J.D. Byrider

Josh, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Can you give us a call so that we can take a closer look into your account? It sounds like your vehicle needs to be checked out by our service team. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Original review: June 5, 2017

When I purchased my car from this company something told me not to go through with it. Who sells a 2004 car with a high interest rate, only JD Byrider. I had my car for two years and all of a sudden my car stops working May 2017. I talked to other people who purchased a car from this company and they stated the same thing. I pray whoever reads this DO NOT PURCHASE A CAR FROM THIS COMPANY. PLEASE LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE. THIS COMPANY IS A RIPOFF!!!

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for your review, Brianne!

Original review: May 26, 2017

Got approved quickly. Felt great about buying. They were amazing about making sure we had payments that fit our financial situation. The salesperson was very attentive and kind, and worked well with us. They were also willing to stay until they ensured our vehicle loan was complete.

J.D. Byrider

Stacey, I'm sorry to hear about the payment issue you've been having. Can you give us a call so that we can take a closer look into your account? It sounds like there could have been a misunderstanding with your payment. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we than you for your patience.

Original review: May 23, 2017

When calling to speak to my account manager, she talks down to me with complete rudeness. I had an extension on my last payment. JD took the money as promised; but now is saying I am missing a payment. Can't get no clarification from my account manager. I refuse to speak to her and will need to speak to her manager because she will not speak to me the way she does. The last comment she had for me was "what do you expect from a 2008 car," I had to reply by saying, "if I am making payments as it was a 2016 car, then I want it to run the same way."

J.D. Byrider

Amber, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. Can you give us a call so that we can take a closer look into your account? It sounds like we could still possibly set you up with a car once you have paid off your car. We would like to make sure that you would not have any trouble with the payments before starting our program. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Original review: May 23, 2017

My experience was VERY HORRIBLE... first thing they made it seem like they could help me over the phone. I told my situation with my car before I got to the location in Bellevue Il. The saleslady Jen called me everyday saying "Come out. We can help. We don't turn down anyone... so I finally get there, sat down with her and we did the application. After we get done she submitted my app to credit and she's like "Well since you still paying on your car, you have to pay that off first. First of all the transmission is going out." I explained that to her before I got there. Why would you people sell me a dream? That was a waste of time. I got off work early and coming from St Louis, MO... don't go here they will sell you a dream!!!!

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for your review, Thomas!

Original review: May 19, 2017

It was a GREAT experience. Here my sale representative was a great guy. Would recommend to anyone and will make sure I come back in the future and send them to Phill ** at the West 4th street location and I look forward to starting to build my credit here at J.D.

Darrell worked his hardest to get me in the vehicle I wanted. He took his time and explained. He along with Theo and Louis made sure I understood everything concerning the car and payments... I'm grateful and thankful for all of their hardwork.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for your review, Kekeocau!! We will continue to do our best to ensure you're a satisfied customer!

Original review: May 19, 2017

Great environment and great place of business. Had a great experience. Just purchased my second car from them and I'm pleased once again! Great people and everyone is always friendly. Thank you guys for your help and placing me in yet another vehicle. Look forward to continuing business with you!

Alyssa ** helped me and she was very informative. I was showed great customer service. I would highly recommend going to them! They have a wide selection and make financing beneficial to you. They don't rush you or force you into a car you don't want. Thanks again!

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for your review, Clayton!

Original review: May 17, 2017

The gentleman that assisted me were very nice, helpful, gave me a great deal and got me in a car I love. They got me a good rate and even matched my down payment and walked me through the process of obtaining a loan very fast. Also while I waited they gave me beverages and charged my phone on top of roping off the tank.

I had the greatest experience at JD. Marty was very helpful, determined to have me leave in the car I wanted and he did, he was super positive. Stacy was also great. I thank you guys so much for helping me out yesterday!

Brian worked hard to find us the truck we wanted and at an affordable price. He kept us informed all the way through the recon on the truck we wanted. It was a very painless process and no BS! Thank you!

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Demarcus! And congrats on your new car!

Original review: May 12, 2017

Very good service!!! Nice people to work with and very understanding. I'm glad I bumped into this company. They have nice good cars to choose from. The best thing is that as you make your payments on time. It also help your credit score. They make life easier. Thanks.

J.D. Byrider

Thank you for the review, Craig! We are so happy that we could help you!

Original review: May 12, 2017

Thanks Rich. I am so happy about my purchase. It went really fast and you got it done like you said you would. A lot of people would not help me out with my credit situation so thanks again. If I know someone in the same situation I will send them your way.

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Paul!

Original review: May 11, 2017

Buying and servicing auto so easy to purchase an auto and servicing it after the sale. They are very trusting and honest and help with all situations that sometime come up. I would recommend them to all the people I know without hesitation.

Hey Barbara,

I'm sorry to hear about the payment issue you've been having. Can you give us a call so that we can take a closer look into your account? It sounds like there could have been a misunderstanding. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we than you for your patience.

Original review: May 6, 2017

We bought a car from J.D. Byrider 5 yrs ago. We thought we were paying it off last month but when we made what we thought was our last payment they told us we owed $1700 in late fee. Wow were we shocked. Ever since then they have threatened us with text msgs and phone calls. What a great disappointment. Life is hard and I am grateful for companies like this but considering the high interest rates that we pay for their service I think these late fees are extremely unjustified.

Hey Lasheeta,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. I know that can being without a car can be frustrating. Can you give us a call so that we can take a closer look into your account? We want to make sure that this issue has been sorted out. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience.

Original review: May 5, 2017

Purchase car on 4/15/17 and still do not have my car. I have had to take the car back 3 different times to JD Byrider. Finally (after the 4th time), they let me take it to Nissan which will be an additional 5 to 6 days for the transmission. I can count on both hands how many days I have driven the car since purchasing it. I've been asking for the GM to call me back since the last week in April only to be told it's a chain of command they have to follow. I finally filed a complaint with their corporate office in Indiana and was advised that can take up to 5 days to review. All while I'm still without a car because the office in Orlando states they can't give me a loaner car or purchase me a rental while my car is being fixed. That is the worst buying experiences I have EVER had!

Hey Alexandria,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. Can you give us a call so that we can take a closer look into your account? Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I bought a 2002 Nissan Altima 3 years ago... The car was total junk. I put down $2,500, and the bill came to $21,000, that's right, $21,000 bucks... They had to change the engine 3 times, the heater stopped working after 1 month... These people should be shut down. I am contacting the PA Attorney General, and filing a report against their company. It cost me? 21,000 dollars, for a piece of junk that they bought at an auction for 3,000.

I love everything about this place. Nothing but good positive things. My car needed minor things done and Cody back in service took care of it right away and made sure everything was A1. Thank you J.D. Byrider. I would recommend this place for everyone.

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Kimberly! We're so happy that you had a great experience!

Original review: May 2, 2017

The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable. They expedited the buying process in a very timely manner. The location was very clean. Customer service was good. Overall very good experience and I would recommend J.D. Byrider to friends and family.

Shop well ran. Got me in and out very quick. Very professional, great work, very friendly. Would give 10 out of 10 on service. Shop foreman was very knowledgeable, goes up and beyond on providing great service, delivers on time. Mechanics very good on fixing problems, would recommend them to anyone.

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Sonya!

Original review: April 28, 2017

Sherry ** is the best salesperson ever... A-one service and honest. I recommend you see her when you go. The atmosphere and low down payments... You can't beat it. Just make your payments on time is all they ask and keep insurance on your vehicle. Your vehicle comes with a warranty and everything.

J.D. Byrider

Thanks for the review, Bryant!

Original review: April 27, 2017

Their service department has gotten me together for over 5 years and are highly recommended. There was never an issue that they couldn't fixed. And they aren't costly like most places. Always willing to work with you and what you can afford to ensure that you come back.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Hey Elizabeth,

We're sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. Can you give us a call so that we can take a closer look into your account? Thank you for your patience.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I bought a car from these guys March 10. They told me to write down everything that was wrong with the car. I explained to them that when I step on the breaks I keep hearing a screeching sound. So they gave me a service appt which when I went I was told that there was nothing wrong with the car. That they had just put breaks on the car and that the noise might always persist because of it. So I been driving the car and the noise just got louder. So I took a look and there are no front brakes at all. Called them again about it. Now they're not as nice as they was the day I got the car. The women I made the deal with won't even say hello when she sees me and not once came and ask do I need any help.

Anyway... I had someone look at the car and turns out I don't have no brakes on all 4 tires. So when I went back to them they saying I have to pay for the brakes because I'm over my warranty miles. I explained that I was within my mileage warranty when I came about the issue and was lied to saying that the back brakes were just recently done and that the noise was because I had new brakes in the back when the car has no brakes at all. A total unsafe car. They don't stand by their brand at all. Every time I come in no one knows anything. Don't buy from them at all. Fraud. Once they get your money they're be the enemy.

It was great. The sales representative was so pleasant to help me get the car I needed. They didn't give up on getting the and the payment I can afford. They so sweet to help me. They went out of their way to help me. Thank you all.

J.D. Byrider Company Profile

J.D. Byrider
12802 Hamilton Crossing Blvd.
Carmel