Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
4.07/5

J.D. Byrider

Been turned down before? J.D. Byrider could help you get into a great used car with affordable payments today. The approval process is easy at J.D. Byrider. We look at your current financial situation--not just your past mistakes. If you're approved, we'll set up affordable payments with a personalized schedule to try to fit your needs. J.D. Byrider's cars all go through an extensive 92 point inspection. Then, they're computer tested, serviced and reconditioned. All our cars have verified clean titles for your peace of mind. Our convenient, on-site service centers can save you time and money, too.

We've sold more than 1 million cars over the past 25 years. We're also the largest network of on-site financing and car dealerships in the United States, with over 167 locations in 34 states. Our satisfied customers around the nation prove we're the way to go for an easy approval process, reliable vehicles and convenient, low-cost service.

*At participating dealers. Programs, pricing, and services may vary. See dealer for details. Each J.D. Byrider location is independently owned and operated.

View More View More

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1330 J.D. Byrider Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Highly motivated workers. Very moral and full of good, concise explaining of what each step is. Good vehicles, well maintained, from this early vantage point. They do their best to get you the car you. Expect to pay a little more. But, if you have a sub-par credit score and cannot get financed, these are the people to see. Hopefully, the car holds up for a few years.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Nice, wonderful people, good at helping and like what they do, good at helping with your budget too. Nice cars, very helpful and fun and patient on helping you find what you are looking for, really good place to go if you are looking for a new car.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I bought an 03 Malibu. The sales were very nice and helpful. It's when you have to deal with service it gets tricky. Have had my car for a while and was very happy until major problems began happening. Before moving my car quit running. I had no choice but to have them come get it for repairs as I was starting a new job on a few days. I left on a Saturday. They did not even pick it up from former residence until the following Thursday. It was supposed to be Monday. They had it a month and said they could not find anything wrong. It had to be jumped to get it here. It was taken to a regular shop not theirs and they discovered the ignition switch was bad. 300$ for new switch and labor.

Service said they would cover cost to send invoice. Have not gotten credit nor reimbursed. It is taken to an outside vendor as there is not a JD close. Long story short I have shelled out 800 plus in repairs that warranty was supposed to cover. Was told it would be and lo and behold I'm stuck. 93 point inspection? Right. Last repair was a water pump. Over 400 for that. There is a pulley that does not go on that car! It finally gave up. Took out water pump serpentine belt another pulley. First they said it was not an internal part so no warranty. Changed their minds and said sometimes they miss something. Really. Take it. Fix it. Right.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

April was one of the nicest people I’ve spoken to while trying to find a car. I am so happy! She got me into a 2009 Malibu and no one else could get me into any car, let alone a car I love. I’m so thankful for her and her attitude.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Although I did purchase my vehicle thru JD Byrider my experience was unsatisfactory. I think it was very impersonal and often I was left stand or sitting for a long period of time. The person I was to meet with had to leave early and I had to meet with some else who really did not know what I was looking for. After finally deciding to purchase a vehicle and going thru paperwork I was told I had to do automatic withdrawal with my payments. But looking over my payments I notice, I had a choice. My vehicle has no car mats, no owner manual, and there is a small part in the trunk that goes to something and I have no idea to what. I ask about features on the car and was told to look at the sticker on the window.

The overall experience was just not what I expected. It’s not my first car purchase. Also for some reason that has not been explained to me, my credit report was inquired 2x on two different days. I was approved on one day and two days later I noticed there was another inquiry in my credit report from the dealership and no one has explained the reason why to me. So although I did end up purchasing a vehicle, I was not happy with my overall time and experience with the dealership.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.D. Byrider?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I walked out a new man with a new car. I loved the service. I will definitely recommend to my family and friends. I walked with little to no hope on getting a new car and my sales rep April was so nice and kept my spirit high. Thank You JD Byrider.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Their service is amazing and very deaf friendly with me. Explain very clear that what I am ask for and make sure everything good before ready to go. High recommend for to go this place to get car plus great service too!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Brake light fixed. They were very friendly to me while looking at my car. I have never had a bad experience here. Would recommend this place to friends and family. My only issue is the parking lot is way too packed. I had a hard time getting my car out of the parking spot.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

My daughter who is 18 yrs old purchased a vehicle from JD Byrider. The vehicle is a piece of Junk and overly priced to be a 15yr old car. The vehicle has multiple problems. They are charging her 3 times more than book value. They helped her find liability insurance to drive off the lot that day, only to be drop by that insurance company 2 weeks later. Now her note is due and she has no insurance. JD Byrider targets young people. Their vehicles are trash. Stay Away!!!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I got my car fixed at the Bedford location and the service was amazing my car run smoothly and so far everything looks great thank you so much to your team you guys are amazing literally a lifesaver. Every question I ask the staff was amazing with answer my questions making sure I understand what was going on with my vehicle and educate me on how to maintain the quality of my work that had just been done.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

My car needed headlight replacement & an oil change... Not only were they ready for me with professionalism and expediency the fact that they were working that day made me feel very happy I purchased my vehicle through them. Sometimes you buy a vehicle and the handshake stops there, these guys were certain to make sure I was happy with the service my car received. Extremely impressed and HAPPY NEW YEAR to the crew at the McKnight road location .

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I went in and it was very fast and very efficient. They have a very helpful and very knowledgeable staff. We got through the process very quickly and painlessly. I would recommended them to anyone looking for a good reliable car with a great warranty.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I was so pleased with my experience with Austin and everybody here. We were in a really tight spot... Scott was so helpful running through financials with us. Austin worked with us and got us a van which we didnt even think we would qualify for. It did take a minutes because we called and showed up same day and we also had our two kids with us 3yrs and 8months... and they we so understandable about my three year old needing run around. Austin played with her to pass the time by. It was more than I expected. Definitely Family Recommended.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Brian was a tremendous salesman to work with from beginning to end. Tiffany made the paperwork a breeze and explained each document. Good variety of vehicles, and an unheard of warranty for used cars, however prices were a little high. Although I would definitely recommend J.D. Byrider to anyone in need of a vehicle and an opportunity to improve their credit...one of the best car buying experiences I've had!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

As a team J.D. Byrider really did an awesome job getting me in the vehicle I wanted as a kid. I will definitely come back and also reference business moving forward. Thank you to the whole team in Hermitage.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

When to purchase a new car. Staff was incredibly determined to get me in a new car. They worked with my not so good credit and new job. I am extremely pleased with the service and the warranty. April and Ali were wonderful.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

My experience was very good time. Was taken to ensure that I understood every detail and that I was very comfortable with vehicle choice. Donny also explained the process thoroughly. However the tedious repetition was made the process very lengthy as he explained very well so to have to listen to the recording was unnecessary.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Very pleased with the amount of work put in to get me driving home the same day in the vehicle I wanted. Would highly recommend to anyone in need of a vehicle. Thank you guys so much for all your hard work.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

The service department is fantastic. Got my truck in and got it fixed with no problems. Went well above and beyond explaining exactly what was wrong and working with my schedule to get the truck in and repaired in my one week day that I have off.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

During my visit today I got my second vehicle from Donny the sales manager. As always the whole team was very helpful and fairly quick. I am happy with the service they provide and would recommend my friends to come and get a vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Dealing with the staff at J.D. Byrider of Hermitage was very easy to do. Explaining everything down to a tee could not have asked for a better experience. Would recommend Hermitage J.D. Byrider to others. I have yet to deal with the service department but as far as if I found anything wrong they were happy to take care of anything that I had found after I bought my auto.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

My experience today was at the least superb. The whole process was excellent, the staff was kind and eager to help me get into the perfect vehicle for me. Never felt pressured or disappointed while even picking out my car. I would recommend any person looking to purchase a car to you guys. THANK YOU!!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I was opportuned with an Infiniti EX35 with 135K miles at a price of 13,795 and the interest rate is 21% (with a co-signer that has credit of high 600’s.) They didn’t take into account my preferences. I said AWD, not full sized and not small. They offered me a Mercury Milan, a Toyota Camry, and an Avalon. I immediately told them those were fwd small vehicles and was told that I needed to put a thousand dollars down because my “stability” wasn’t high enough (not sure how.) They insisted on washing the car after I repeatedly told them not to, did not provide me with car fax information and did not tell me the service history of the car upon request.

If it was not for my need to have a vehicle I would definitely have went elsewhere and hopefully I can stay away from that location and pay the car off in full well before my term is up. I am dissatisfied with how my deal was arranged at 412$ a month, but I understand it’s because of my non-existent credit. Although, with my mother co-signing for me, I shouldn’t have gotten a 21% APR. That is absolutely ridiculous and I will make sure to tell everyone I know NOT TO go to JD Biryder in Hermitage. Also, the salesman who did my deal, left before I was even able to drive the car off the lot. Very unprofessional and should not have happened. He did not mention leaving to us, we found out once we finished doing the E-Signing on all of the documents and went to find him. Once again, 0-10. I will never recommend anyone buy a car here, ever. I’ve seen better used car lots being functioned out of personal garages than this corporate establishment.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Jake was an amazing sales person. He had An amazing attitude. Very polite. Definitely makes you smile. I’d definitely recommend a friend to come talk to Jake and buy a car from JD Byrider. Thank you guys for all you’ve done to help me.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Very good customer service, knowledgeable and such a very nice guy, Jake - very accurate and friendly, explained everything very well. The place was clean, everybody nice and I would definitely recommend a friend. Will let everyone I know be referred there. J.D. Byrider is awesome.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I've had dealings with the particular location in Sutton for almost a year now. Every time I go for service on the vehicle I purchased there, it is done quickly. The quality of work is great and the prices are better than most other mechanics.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

She was amazing, she had a lot of people doing 1000 things at once. But she was getting it. I will refer people to this place. Tam keep doing a great job. Thank so much for everything. You were very patient with me. Very patient with all the customers. YOU ROCK! Thank y'all so much.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

The people working are so professional and nice, from the time you talk to them on the phone until you sign your contract. They explain everything to you so you understand what you are buying and that is covered in the warranty. They also explain your payment plan from down payment to your final payout.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

They were very helpful and went out of their way to get me in the car I liked. They had excellent customer service. Alex ** and the sales manager did an amazing job. They worked with me regardless of my credit and stayed late to help me get my new car.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Just make sure you make all your payments on time. Because they will call you early in the morning on the date your payments is due and will continue to call. And make sure you do pick up all their phone calls because next step they will be rude and call all the people on your reference list. They did to me: mind you my payments is due today and today is not even over. They called my sister asking for me and telling her I did not make a payment. They were really rude to her.

J.D. Byrider Company Information

J.D. Byrider
12802 Hamilton Crossing Blvd.
Carmel