3.60/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

J.D. Byrider

Been turned down before? J.D. Byrider could help you get into a great used car with affordable payments today. The approval process is easy at J.D. Byrider. We look at your current financial situation--not just your past mistakes. If you're approved, we'll set up affordable payments with a personalized schedule to try to fit your needs. J.D. Byrider's cars all go through an extensive 92 point inspection. Then, they're computer tested, serviced and reconditioned. All our cars have verified clean titles for your peace of mind. Our convenient, on-site service centers can save you time and money, too.

We've sold more than 1 million cars over the past 25 years. We're also the largest network of on-site financing and car dealerships in the United States, with over 167 locations in 34 states. Our satisfied customers around the nation prove we're the way to go for an easy approval process, reliable vehicles and convenient, low-cost service.

*At participating dealers. Programs, pricing, and services may vary. See dealer for details. Each J.D. Byrider location is independently owned and operated.

View More View More

1254 J.D. Byrider Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

The most recent experience I’ve had with J.D. Byrider was speaking to Damon ** while letting him know about my poor customer service with the previous representative. He advised me that it was not a obligation for them to have good customer service, and not to confuse “direct with rude.” The customer service department with the company is horrible! I will NEVER buy, nor refer anyone to this company!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Good experience. Ali was very professional and nice, helped us out a lot with questions and gave us reasonable answers and provided great feedback... The car runs great and we love it a lot. A great choice for us. We appreciate the good hospitality and the kindness he showed when providing us with a beverage because we were a little parched and the popcorn was good. I will recommend this dealership to my family and friends. Thank you again for the great service.

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I’m very happy with the staff and my new car. I will recommended a friend or family to come here. My time here was a real experience and I will come back again and again so with that and my new 2011, I’m great.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

My appointment was for my 1st oil change... Added request to check horn that was previously worked on. Both items completed in timely matter. Staff was courteous. Waiting area comfortable... I did not receive info if there were any areas of concern. Don't know if they checked tire pressure, fluid levels, etc... I was pressed for time once car work was completed.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

This was by far the greatest car buying experience I've ever had, JD Byrider has come a long way, and they are knocking the competition out the box, sales lady (Haneen **) was professional and knew her job. I will definitely be coming back. Thanks for the great car - 2011 Kia Optima, low miles.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.D. Byrider?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Dylan and Lu were great to help get us in another vehicle! They worked hard to find a vehicle we liked and that fit in our budget. They were quick with doing our paperwork and making sure we were taken care of. Highly recommend.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Today was a great experience. I love the car I picked out and everyone was down to earth and help me in every way. They made sure I was good and took their time and made sure I was leaving out of here happy and it was affordable.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I just wanna say thank you to William at the J.D. Byrider as you and Brian there at the finance office they got me and my significant other into a 2008 Hyundai Tucson. And I want to thank you as if it was not for you guys we probably still be looking for a different guy car. You guys even stayed almost two hours late to make sure we got into a car. Thank you guys.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I had purchased a car approximately 2 years ago and was informed that when I had purchased the vehicle that there was a complete and thorough check made on the car. When the sale was completed, the sale representative, Adam, solely dedicated in making the sale versus selling a quality product. Immediately after purchasing the car, there has been continuous issues with the horn and the ignition. This is very unacceptable and no accommodation is provided when there is fault present.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

In November 2017 I purchased a Ford Fusion SEL V6 from JD BYRIDER here in Durham, NC. After I filled out the paperwork online received a call that they would offer $250 towards my down payment. When I arrived at the dealership I was informed that they knew nothing about my the company offering me $250 as part of my down payment. I finally got approved after being in the office from about 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM with them trying to get everything approved.

Fast Forward they said the car had passed inspection and that everything was ok. Well 2 months into the car I had to get new brakes and rotors placed on the car because they were almost gone when they sold me the car which cost me almost $760.00 for parts and labor. When I called to see if they would repair and fix the problem they stated that it was not part of 36 month/36,000 mile warranty. And that for my inconvenience they would offer me $20 off my next service. Oh this is only after I reported them to the Better Business Bureau. And then I missed one payment and when I go to get in my car they came during the night and REPO’ED it.

And when I call to speak to someone about it I was informed that I needed to call tomorrow because there is no one there that can help me and that I will need to send them papers to show their credit committee. This place is a joke. I missed work and they didn’t even let me get my son's car seat, or my personal belongings out of the car. And then when I went to get the belongings they had thrown them in a large black plastic bag.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I have had the best car buying experience of my life. The staff at the Peoria IL store are so accommodating and made me feel very easy they the whole process. Alex ** is an amazing asset to this company. My mother and aunt came with me and my aunt is a diabetic and after sitting here trying to get the deal done, Alex went completely out of his way to get my aunt something to eat and my mother and I drinks. Josh ** is a wonderful person as well. We never sat for more than 10 minutes without Josh or Alex telling us what was happening. Josh made it work for us and I would definitely come back for another car.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I really needed a car and Austin was great through the whole process. He looked at every aspect of my situation, and got me in a car quick and stress-free. I will definitely recommend him to anyone I know looking for a car.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Great experience. The auto mechanic that I worked with was knowledgeable and polite. Everything was fixed properly and in timely manner. The total price was $250. A non J.D Byrider auto shop quoted me at $573. I saved myself a lot of money by choosing to come here! Will definitely be coming back if I experience any other car issues.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Great experience with the people who worked with me. Maria, Dan, Christina did a wonderful job finding exactly what I needed. They were super patient and very professional. I would recommend them to others. They did this in a timely manner as well.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

You guys are ** awesome. I will tell everyone about my great experience here with you guys today. You all were friendly, very informative. For this to be my first ever car note I had a great experience. THANK YOU all very much.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

My battery was bad. I called them and got an appointment the same day. I took it in and they had me in and out with a new battery and I only had to pay my $25 deductible!!! LOVE THEM!!! Everyone should finance from here. They're GREAT!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I purchased a vehicle over a year ago. From about a week after the purchase, repair after repair has been needed on my truck. About every 3 months (currently now 23 pgs total) I was having something repaired, which then began to be the exact same issues I'm currently experience. I experienced poor techs & service managers. My truck as of now has major engine issues, possible transmission issue & is currently not running. It has been almost 2 wks for someone to contact me back after I've sent several emails & I'm currently not receiving any help from them. I wouldn't recommend this Greenville location unless you're able to get the vehicle fully checked before making a purchase. Afterwards it'll be really hard to good quality customer service.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Very nice salesman and was very patient with me. I really do thank him and will refer him to anyone. Great place to buy a car. I was very very pleased with my salesman and the way I was treated. He helped me a lot.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

The sales person - I came to JD Byrider kind of unsure but the gentleman. Dedrick ** was very polite and caring. He told me that I was going to leave with a car and I did. I would gladly recommend anyone to JD BYRIDER!!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I had a wonderful experience. Dave made it pleasant and explained all the steps clearly and honestly. I would recommend J.D. Byrider to friends and family. I was able to purchase a safe, beautiful, dependable vehicle which i love. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The interaction along with the program in its entirety was very desirable compared to other lots. The financing was simple and easy. I have bragged on the warranty program along with having understanding people helping you. Without JD Byrider's help, I would have been without a vehicle and a way to get to work. Thankfully for their staff and cooperation, I was able to have an easier life at an affordable price.

Original review: July 28, 2018

Steve helped me out and very understanding and helped me in every way possible and very patient. He worked with me all afternoon to get me in a vehicle. I was very happy with the service I received and he took me around to meet everyone at the dealership.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I believe everything was handled in a timely fashion manner. The young man I was working with was very professional and taking the time out to explain things very clearly. Also I think the TV prompt is a very good idea. I really was Constant talking with the lady on the prop. She also did a very good job. She made it easy to talk to her and very friendly.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Great customer service, but the computer system is a little outdated and slow. Always have a good experience when I take my vehicle in, and if there is a problem, it is always fully explained to me. I tell my friends about them.

Original review: July 25, 2018

They did my repair in a timely fashion and were very friendly especially the CNAC agent. Vehicle repair was done faster than I expected only 2 hours for my suspension and brake work. Alignment took forever because they had to send it out.

Original review: July 24, 2018

The customer service of some of the staff was great, some others need help in that department. When we got there we filed all the paperwork and 2 days later after getting approved for the car we still had more paperwork to fill out over again. When all that was said was we needed 3 contacts references. Not 12, so needed at pick up time of vehicle had to get more references. The service area personnel, my wipers on new care were backwards, told them when we test drove it. Went next day for paperwork and nothing was fixed on it, for the 3rd day they said it would be fixed. Again nothing was done. The way the wipers were I couldn't see the road very well. Still at pick up the wipers were still wrong. 3 days in a row of traveling 2hrs one way.

Original review: July 23, 2018

The employees at J.D. Byrider were very helpful and showed us the perfect vehicle that fits just right for our family. They were very kind, and straightforward. Overall they were awesome and I would highly recommend my friends and family.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I really appreciate the help. They went beyond their means to make sure I left in a car. Not only was my downpayment low but my monthly payments are low as well. I couldn’t ask for a better place. J.D. Byrider you're the best.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Charles worked hard and stayed late to make sure I got the perfect vehicle at a price that worked for me. I am very happy with my vehicle and never thought I would be able to get one like it with my credit history.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Filled out a preapproval online. They called so I called back working with David. He asked me what do I currently drive so I told him. Said would I be interested in trade in. I informed him it's in my father's name & I was unsure depends on trade value. I'd discuss it with my father. He then said they may require it for financing. I said well I doubt it will get traded in. We can keep it rather than lose money. Why do I want a new car I want something newer & good gas mileage & build my credit.... Go to speak to financing. I inform them of the same thing. Title isn't in my name. Depending on what they would give would depend on what my dad may say but I don't want it listed... So they process everything. David calls me back says it approved they can work with me but I'll need proof of income and my dad to sign the title over.

I said, "I told yall that not a for sure thing and I didn't wanna trade it." He said they are requiring it. "So you're telling me I have to trade my car in order to get a car?" He said, "Yes we don't wanna be someone's second option... We work with those in need of a vehicle, You already have a vehicle we would be just your back up. So you'll have to in order to get a car." I said, "No thanks. Have a nice day..." In other words they only wanna do a deal if you're in a bind can ** you and rap you not if you actually have a car still. They want you to need them. What car lot turns you down on making money cause they don't wanna be a second option and doesn't allow you to have another vehicle!! I wouldn't recommend these people at all!

J.D. Byrider Company Information

J.D. Byrider
    12802 Hamilton Crossing Blvd.
    Carmel