Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
4.01/5

J.D. Byrider

Been turned down before? J.D. Byrider could help you get into a great used car with affordable payments today. The approval process is easy at J.D. Byrider. We look at your current financial situation--not just your past mistakes. If you're approved, we'll set up affordable payments with a personalized schedule to try to fit your needs. J.D. Byrider's cars all go through an extensive 92 point inspection. Then, they're computer tested, serviced and reconditioned. All our cars have verified clean titles for your peace of mind. Our convenient, on-site service centers can save you time and money, too.

We've sold more than 1 million cars over the past 25 years. We're also the largest network of on-site financing and car dealerships in the United States, with over 167 locations in 34 states. Our satisfied customers around the nation prove we're the way to go for an easy approval process, reliable vehicles and convenient, low-cost service.

*At participating dealers. Programs, pricing, and services may vary. See dealer for details. Each J.D. Byrider location is independently owned and operated.

View More View More

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

1360 J.D. Byrider Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

We bought a Hyundai Elantra in November of 2017. The car was banged up on driver side, passenger door and rear quarter panel, huge scratch down passenger side. If not for the fact we desperately needed a vehicle would not have bought this for $10,000. Now the finance person wants to say we did the damage. The car was a repo sold at auction. This place a huge rip off. We have had nothing but issues with this car since day 1. Will never buy here again. Sales person was pushy and negligent. No longers works there. Not surprising. Now in Manchester NH location they gave finance woman who is rude beyond rude. Horrible customer service. Horrible finance people. Good luck to anyone buying a vehicle at this location.

Original review: March 12, 2019

When I tell you this was the best choice I made, please believe it. Rich was amazing. He assured me that everything will be okay and it was. I was scared but it was all worth it. Thank you guys so much for giving me a dependable ride :).

Get expert buying tips about Car Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: March 9, 2019

Very professional, helped me out tremendously. Even having bad credit and not much of a down payment. And monthly payments on vehicle are fair compared to other dealerships for the type of car that I have gotten from their lot.

Original review: March 8, 2019

They Peoria location and individuals were very helpful! They listened to what I needed and wanted while keeping in mind what I can afford. The service and parts department even introduced themselves and gave me either car in case I ever needed them or had questions. My only suggestion would to go over the paperwork more detailed before you just leave the customer in the room to watch the video. Overall though it was a pleasant experience and I wasn't there for more than a couple hours. Mainly because I did test drive 4 vehicles making sure I really liked what I was trying to get into.

Original review: March 5, 2019

This has been the best car buying experience ever! I am really satisfied with the truck! Even though it's not what I originally wanted I am still satisfied with it! The waiting was a little long but everything worked out great! Thanks JD Byrider!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.D. Byrider?

Original review: March 1, 2019

Thank you Mike ** and the crew at Sutton Ma JD Byrider for the excellent service they have provided me with on my vehicle. I would like to let anyone know that is either looking for a vehicle or service to their current vehicle to try this place.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Updated on 03/04/2019: I wrote a review about our experience at the JD Byrider in North Little Rock and how the car had a squeaking problem with the belt and how they wanted $45 to fix the problem. Got a response back from the owner asking to contact them about this small problem that has turned into a big hassle with them and how they wanted to fix this problem. So I tried once again this morning to go by and talk to them because they said they wanted to resolve this issue. So I wasted my time to go down and try and fix this. Got down there and it was the same thing all over again. No one could help me. The owner was out and would not be in today. If you guys want to resolve this issue since I'm having a problem finding someone up there that CAN help me. Here is my number **.

Like I said before. Car is not a lemon by any means. The car has a belt that squeaks just a hair while it's idling don't hardly notice it. But to me this problem should be fixed by them since we tried to take it back within the 24 hours of purchase. Anyway if you want to resolve this issue now you have my number. And if we can come to a agreement I don't mind writing another review that shows yes they cared enough about their hard working customers to resolve this but if not the way I see it. The review I first posted about this issue can stand as how I feel about this business and our buying experience went with them. But if there is someone that wants to change our experience please contact me.

Original Review: We got a car from there yesterday. They don't let you take their cars on interstate while test driving their cars and only let you make the Warden Road, Landers Road Loop so don't really know how it will drive. We heard a squeak when the car was idling but only here and there. Not too bad. Should be a easy fix. So this morning I took car back. Less than 24 hrs off their lot. They wanted $45 for the deductible on the warranty. So I talked directly to the owner. Figured she would understand that this blue collar just gave all his money to them yesterday to get the car so she would help right? Nope.

They don't care how hard their customers worked for their money they just gave them for a car. She said there was nothing she could do cuz we signed the papers and didn't tell them about the squeak then. But like I said didn't get much of a test drive. But something you think is small quick fix goes wrong less than 24 hrs from getting the car. Owner agreed that the squeak was there before we got the car from them but because we didn't tell them that the squeak was there before we signed they couldn't help their hard working blue collar customer who just gave them all his money yesterday.

They wanted to pull $45 more out of him cuz the money it cost him to get the car wasn't enough for their greedy owner. She couldn't help the little guy. The hard working blue collar guy that just gave all his money yesterday for the car. I feel like it was her way of saying, "I don't care. I got your money so piss off." Yesterday I would have sent anyone I heard that was looking for a car to them. Less than 24hrs later. I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to go get a car from them. The owner obviously thinks she is better than the blue-collar hard-working customer of hers. Yes she agreed the squeak was there but wanted more money for her upper middle class to lower rich class to take home. She don't want to help the little guy.

She wants to take his money then if you miss the payment she gets all your money and the car back so she can set back on her nice chair and do the same thing to the next guy that actually works hard for his money. See if she can piss on another blue collar guy cuz. You signed the paper and didn't put down on the paper that it was there so it's not on them. EVEN THOUGH SHE AGREED THE SQUEAK WAS THERE. No the car is not a lemon by any means. The car is a nice car with small problems but when the owner doesn't respect her hard working blue collar customers enough to say let's get it in there and fix you up right now and take care of this for you. Who would tell the next blue collar to go there to get your car.

If the squeak came 2 weeks after purchase I would understand paying the $45 deductible for the warranty to cover it. But less than 24 hrs and already wanting to eat more of your hard earned money. That's wrong. That's not how you treat people. And if you work hard for your money I would not recommend you to go here. Cuz just in case there is something wrong with it you're gonna have to give them more money. Even if it's the next day. And P.S. there is a tan color 4 door GMC Sierra on the lot and a white Nissan Juke that I seen sitting there this morning while I waited for them to open.

They had a man out there starting all the cars and writing down the mileage out there and I watched those to cars sitting there white smoking for 15 mins or more. Which means a blown head or a head gasket issue. Be careful on what you get. And if you don't know your cars take it to a shop to have them look it over before you sign anything cuz even if the issue was already there. If you don't tell them. They won't fix it. The owner will tell you. "You should have said something before signing the paper." Not very professional for a owner to treat her customers that way. What happened to treating people like you would want to be treated.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I was skeptical about JD Byrider being my last option to get a car but I’m happy I went! Shawn and Rod were extremely nice and worked to get a payment I could afford. I got exactly what I wanted and drove off the lot same day! Their saying is true! They say yes when everyone else says no! I’m on the road to rebuilding my credit and this was a great start!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

If I could give negative stars I would! I am a single mother who is rebuilding credit and went to J.D. Byrider in search of reliable transportation and a way to improve my credit score after my divorce. This company bamboozled me. The same day I purchased the vehicle and signed my paperwork the engine light came on and hadn't gone off in the entire 18 months and after the 12 times I put the vehicle in the shop to rectify the issue. After signing my paperwork for the car the saleswoman at the Austin, TX location (which was closed down a month after I acquired the vehicle) took the car to put gas in it and the engine light came on. She told me and the Sales Manager about the engine light and he instructed me to go to a third party to fix it.

Needless to say 4 months and 3 temp tags later I was still not able to register my car because the engine light is an automatic inspection FAIL! So I contacted J.D. Byrider and spoke to a man named "Ram" who advised me that the issue would get fixed although I had already taken the car to the third party mechanic and Pep Boys 5 times already to fix the engine issue (o2 sensor repair, gas cap replacement etc.) and nothing worked. Ram arranged for someone to pick up my car to get it inspected and promised me (which he now lies about claiming he never said) that he would replace the car if the engine light came back on. They kept my car for 3 weeks and got it inspected and dropped the car back off to me with the engine light STILL on.

I called Ram and he dodged my calls and instructed someone else to basically tell me I was out of luck and that used cars aren't perfect. This company knowingly sold me a car with severe engine issues which left me as a single mother without a vehicle for a total of almost 3 months out of the year and a half I had the vehicle. The cherry on the pie of all this is that the timing belt went out on me in December and I had to once again rent a car and be liable for my car note. After two weeks of paying $300/week for a rental car on top of my car note I was told that the mechanic Sergio did not want to replace the timing belt on an engine with over 150,000 miles on it. So I was told I would have to pay for the engine. $500 down and the other $600 later. I was without a car and drowning financially because of the rental car on top of my other bills. I paid the $500 and deferred the rest of the payment and picked up my car.

One week later the engine light is back on, the engine sounds loose and every time I turn the engine sounds like it is sliding and the temperature light comes on. The day after I borrowed the money to put a down payment on another car with a better company and left the POS car J.D. Byrider sold me at the dealership and instructed them to pick it up... which they still haven't. The car has been there for 5 days. They also have the nerve to tell me every time I call to inquire about them towing the car how this car will negatively affect my credit for the next 7 to 10 years.

This company is by far the worst company you could EVER get a car from! Don't walk RUN away! Buy a car ANYWHERE ELSE I beg you! Save yourself the heartache and financial woe. I plan on filing a lawsuit against J.D. Byrider and if I had the spare time would stand outside for hours each day to boycott their company. CNAC is the finance company that partners with J.D. Byrider to get you financed and they even know J.D. Byrider is a joke and honestly hate the fact that they are partnered with such a disgusting company.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

The car I bought had structural damages that were undisclosed to me at the time of sale. One of the doors was bent by a crowbar prior to my purchasing it, and there is a gap through which air whistles and rainwater drips onto the seats. The people at the company are charging me 23% interest on a 2007 Hyundai, for a price of $11,000 originally, but by the time I pay it off I will have spent $20,000. The key to the car does not have a fob for remote unlocking. While I was waiting in the office for my car to be pulled around, an employee hovered over my shoulder and pressured me into going onto their website and leaving a 5-star review. I left the review because I felt threatened and uncomfortable, but I would not recommend this company to anyone looking to buy a car. They are predators and they will pounce on people who are out of options and desperate for a means of transportation.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I stopped in to the Morse Rd. location to look at a few vehicles that appealed to me. Jared and Austin are very knowledgeable, and friendly. The staff at this location truly want what's best for the customer, they helped me pick the perfect vehicle for my needs. I would definitely recommend a customer to this location.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I purchased a vehicle. I noticed that it look like it had been in a accident so I contacted service to make appointment along with other things that were wrong with the car and I also talked with the manager there and showed him what I saw and he gave me auto check and said they didn’t have any accidents and that they don’t sell cars that’s been in accidents. Well I did my own investigation on the car and I pulled a Carfax on the car and it showed that the car was in accident in 2017 and it was ran into a tree so do your investigation on the cars they sell because it could be a lie. They do sell cars that’s been in accidents.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Great customer service. Didn’t seem rush. Answered any question I had, low payments, paperwork was very understanding, cars are well maintained. I was very comfortable talking to them about my credit history. Very easy access through their websites. Very friendly the whole staff.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

The service manager in Cranston Rhode Island doesn’t answer the phone all day long. Calls you back end of day. Who runs a company like this? Half ** that’s for sure! I bought 4 cars of this place. My salesman is great, Tony **... They need to replace this guy in service, Ray because not doing his job properly. He sucks at what he does! Never buy another car here again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I worked with Caeden **! He made the process very smooth and explained everything to me in a way that I understood. Normally the car buying process is a very annoying process, but he made it an enjoyable one! I will refer everybody to him, he did an awesome job!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

We bought a car from J.D. Byrider in West Dundee in December 2018. The sales process was very unprofessional and agonizing. The sales person sat at their desk with their shoes off the entire time we were there and texted on their phone during the process. We sat there for hours and even had to come back another day because the financing department kept printing out the paperwork for a different car that we were not even buying. The sales person also continues to text my cell phone very unprofessionally by just saying "Hey!" They keep trying to sell me another car and dont even realize we already just bought one.

The finance department is so screwed up and rude it's ridiculous. When the plates came in they gave me plates to another car. Not the one we purchased. Also, our payment schedule is for every two weeks and they have taken the car payment out of my bank account every week thus far for the month of February and not even the right amounts (higher actually.) which has caused my bank account to have issues because we plan for the payments on the date of our schedule that they provided. When you call in they are rude. When you go in person they are rude. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Very disappointed!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Jason and Brandon are great! Very helpful, honest, pleasant, and knowledgeable! These guys will get you in a great vehicle! Overall just a great experience! I would recommend everyone, not just people seeking credit help to stop in and check out the inventory and sit down with these guys! They won’t disappoint!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The Mechanics at JD Byrider service department are phenomenal. They are very efficient and get repairs done in a timely manner. They are very courteous to the customers' concerns and are upfront on any and all issues they find. They are very accurate with estimates.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Let's start by stating the obvious. They prey on people with major credit issues. They then sell them a garbage vehicle, at double to triple its actual worth, at an interest rate that I'm surprised is legal. If you have issues, they tell you that their service department doesn't have a spot open for weeks. In my experience, I purchased a vehicle. On the day after Christmas, I had a major theft of my bank account. I notified them about this. I told them that I had to file a police report, and that I'd be more than happy to share that information with them. The guy on the phone said that I had to make a QuickPay payment, otherwise they could repo the vehicle. I told him that my bank account was frozen due to the amount that was taken out. Every other day I would call them to explain where the investigation was. They would then text me about the non-payments.

Each time they would text, I would text back, and then call. Finally, I had access to another account, and made a payment. No sooner had I made the payment, they had sent a repo truck out and took the vehicle. I called them back to tell that they took the overdue payment, and that I wanted them to allow me to reclaim the vehicle. They refused. They said that since I was in the downpayment phase, that the car would no longer be available to me. So I went to my bank, and had them reverse the downpayment that I made. On top of that, I've been calling the repo company for weeks, and leaving messages so that I could pick up my property from them. Not one call back. I've called CNAC, and complained, and again, no one could seem to help me. At this point, I've gotten the police involved. I'm sure this will be some sort of issue where I'll have to get an attorney to take action. Stay away from JD Byrider and CNAC.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I had such a great experience. I was in need of a vehicle, JD Byrider was accomodating, reasonable, helpful. Just all around great. The service center is fantastic. I highly recommend JD Byrider. I am very thankful for my car and I have JD Byrider to thank!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I told them what I wanted and payment range. They found me exactly what I wanted with the exact payment I wanted. They have been there for all questions and repairs. You can't beat the cost of the oil changes.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Caeden ** was who helped me and he was such a pleasure and polite and funny. I'd definitely recommend him to someone else. Everyone was super friendly and the facility is nice also. I would definitely refer others. And after being turned down at several other dealerships, this was my last resort and it was my first time and they made me happy I came here. I was in need of a car and they made it easy and walked me through it step by step and definitely made it worth the wait.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I've had a rough week with my accident and my car being totaled, not my fault thankfully! I've been in contact with Joe all week and he has been so helpful with expediting my process of purchasing a new car! I shot for the stars and went for something bigger than what I had, and it worked! Joe and Cathy put in the time and effort needed to get me going in my 2012 Ford Escape! I'm more than happy with their customer service and their willingness to work with me through everything! Thanks guys and a very happy birthday to me!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

This was a real treat, and I must admit a little revealing... I just bought a car from J.D. BYRIDER in Bedford on the Bedford Auto Mile, and to say I was treated wonderfully would be underselling it. From the knowledge and professionalism from the staff (sales consultant was April **) to the manner in which the staff went out of their way to make what I had assumed would be a less than memorable experience, into a car buying breeze.

I would like to commend Mr. Scott ** on his ability to have his staff armed with such a grasp on how to take the sometimes unnerving and even scary process of car buying and transform it into a endeavor that left me not only supremely satisfied with my purchase but also being able to recall each staff member for their individual brilliance. They are true Pros. Denise, Ali, Elroy, their GM Mr. ** and the downright impressive Mrs. April **. Do yourself a favor. If in need of reliable transportation, and give the team a visit - you will not be disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Ali was real friendly and very helpful. The atmosphere was real comfortable and professional. I felt well respected and I was very please of him. Ali is a very intelligent, respectable, outstanding person. It was a pleasure doing business with Ali.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

They did a wonderful job fixing my truck. It took awhile because they addressed every issue that came up and it was covered under warranty! Thank You so much. You guys are wonderful. Bedford service department is the best! I really appreciate everything you guys did for my vehicle.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

They were really nice and extremely helpful and it was really good service. They helped me get into a vehicle that I wanted the same day and the sales manager helped me get into the car and they showed me their service center and it was really nice.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I am hoping I have a better experience with this vehicle than I had with the first one. The first one had so many issue that I wanted to give it back...but because they were going to keep my down payment I had to stay with the car. When it would rain the transmission sensor would act up and I would have to pull over ** off the car to reset the sensor. Then 8 months after purchasing the car it caught on fire coming home from a vacation with my family. However due to unfortunate events...I have to go through them again. So far with this experience there is a lack of communication.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

They're very difficult to work with and rude. The cars are garbage and I had a trouble the first week I got not to mention the car they sold me was previous reported stolen which they never got taken care of.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Highly motivated workers. Very moral and full of good, concise explaining of what each step is. Good vehicles, well maintained, from this early vantage point. They do their best to get you the car you. Expect to pay a little more. But, if you have a sub-par credit score and cannot get financed, these are the people to see. Hopefully, the car holds up for a few years.

J.D. Byrider Company Information

J.D. Byrider
12802 Hamilton Crossing Blvd.
Carmel