Consumer Reviews and Complaints

J.D. Byrider

Verna, it's awesome to hear about your amazing experience! Feel free to give us a call if there's anything else we can do, or come back and see us anytime!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

Best car buying experience ever. Bobby was amazing, he was honest, upfront about everything. Made us feel very comfortable. I would definitely recommend J.D. Byrider to my friends and family... Nice vehicle selection and the warranty is awesome. Look forward to doing business with J.D. Byrider in future purchases.

Zach is very informative and helpful. He helps me out anytime I'm at the shop. The service team works kind of slow sometimes but overall they are good and very skilled mechanics. I appreciate their service. And they keep the customers happy.

I have been with J.D. Byrider for 2 years now and never once had any problems with bringing my car in to get looked at. What I like is the staff are friendly and very respectful. They get you in and out with no problem.

I was actually headed to another car dealership but received 2 phone calls from representatives of the company on my way there so I went into J.D. Byrider on 12/17/2016 and ended up purchasing a car. The car looks really nice and drives okay. I drove the car for 3 days and noticed a horrible squeak whenever I went over a bump. My neighbor happened to hear me pull in and told me that it's the shocks or suspensions. (He's a mechanic.)

Being that I'm a full-time college student and I go straight to work after school, I have not been able to contact them during business hours. Because I am in the middle of semesters, I was able to finally call today and inform them of the problem. I spoke with the salesman that sold me the car and asked why I wasn't informed of the problem when I purchased it. He replied that I was told about the issue. LIE! I have the paperwork saying that there were no issues, once I mentioned the paperwork, he changed his story and told me that there were no issues, and I've been driving it so it probably came from me, and that he'll be happy to give me the number to the Service Department! I am livid! I am paying $20,000 for a car worth $7,000 and haven't had the car a month, and already have to come out of pocket for something that should be covered. Crappy warranty and shady business! I hate that I didn't continue to the other car lot as planned.

Hey Frank,

We're sorry to hear about your negative experience. Please give us a call at 888-240-3595. We hope to come to a resolution. Thank you for your patience.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I went to J.D. Byrider to get me a truck so I could have a vehicle. I put only 300 dollars down. When I went to pick what I wanted they said I couldn't get that. They went inside and asked what I qualified for. REALLY that is crap. You ought to be able to pick out what you want since you're paying the money for it. My fiance put 1200 dollars cash down plus her car and could only get what they said she could. That **. This will be the last time I ever go through them. Then after all the money and the car my fiancee put down she had to make 4 additional payments of 200.00 before her payments goes down. Someone really needs to do something about this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.D. Byrider?

Hey Alondria,

We're sorry to hear about your negative experience. Please give us a call at 888-240-3595. We hope to better explain the budgeting process, and also try to work something out. Again, we apologize for the negative experience and we thank you for your patience.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

Never have I been lied to in my whole life by a car dealership that promised they work with any downpayment. Well 1000.00 is alto but when they did the so-called budget they figured I should give them 2000.00... and the the total down on the car I was looking at had a 4000.00 downpayment. Well needless to say I didn't want that car or do any business with them. They made it seem like they could help and only hindered the car buying process. Again I am a single mother with only 1 job, no extra income and this seemed like a scam to get money from me after the lies they told. I will never recommend anyone to them family or foes. Due to them being so deceptive you can't TRUST J.D. Byrider... However I was warned before even going over there. Please beware of all the scams they run.

Reading, PA has the worst location ever!!! They told me if I refer someone I would get a $100 referral bonus. I referred my sister-in-law. They told me last week the check was on the desk of the owner and waiting to be signed. I called today and they told me we both have to be over our probationary period!! That's not the information I was given last week! They are liars and the cars are horrible. I had mine in the shop 4 times since 11/1. Do not go there!!!

I walked in and asked for Tony specifically. He was nice from the moment we met him. He went through everything and told us about J.D. Byrider and made me comfortable buy a car from him. He showed me many cars, and didn't get frustrated when I was picky even though it was cold.

Thanks, Eric!

We're so glad we could help!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I came into Byrider today to even see if I could be approved. Ted, sean and Stacy was extremely helpful and turns out I got approved for a better vehicle than what I currently own - Overall great experience and I WOULD AND WILL come back again.

Hey Adam,

We're so glad that we were able to help! We noticed you left a 3-star rating. Is there something that we could have done to make your experience better? We appreciate any feedback you may have in order to continually improve or customer experience. Thanks again!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

The staff was extremely helpful. We purchased our car on New year's eve and never felt rushed. They went out of their way to make sure we could leave with our car that day... Totally different than the large car dealerships. Though my situation was too bad to purchase a newer car, but again they made it happen. We went in with no money down, no trade, and 3 hrs later driving home with our new car. If you have a job and need a vehicle, they will help you. Thank you again to all the staff at the Sutton location for making a great start to our new year...

They are the only place where I will get my car fix on. They know what they are doing. They tell you what the problem is before they fix on your car and how much it will cost you too. I will love for everyone to go there soon. It will not cost too much either. I will be back.

I didn't think I was going to drive a car off the lot the same day. I was shocked that I got a car the same day. It had been a while since I had a car, considering my credit is not good. However J. D. Byrider gave me a chance. I will recommend J. D. Byrider to my friend and family.

No response received

"Sherri is amazing!!! She was so nice and helped us with any questions we had. Ask for her!!!" This review was the day I got my car. 3 days later I returned my car on account of not having my job any longer. Horrible luck for me. But to my surprise they basically said screw me. They would not even bother to talk to me and sent me on my way. I could not get my deposit of 3000 dollars back on a car I only drove for 3 days. They said it will be counted as a repossession on my credit score! They are horrible people. I will be back with a lawyer and I will be getting what is rightfully mine. Especially knowing the car I had is back on the lot now ready to be sold again for a whopping 18,000. That's right an 08 with 137,000 miles for 18,000. They are taking advantage of people who have bad credit and saying they care about us and want to help us.

Where was the understanding and the care about ME when I asked to talk to a financial advisor? All they care about is the money in their pockets. Don't believe their bull. I have already contacted Greenville News and they will get what is coming to them. Stay away from this place if this place will even be in business in a few years. And these people sleep just fine at night knowing they take people's hard earned money and screw them and refuse to talk to you. I am going to every website they advertise and put this review on and drag them through the mud. The Internet is everyone's go to. Once people see how they are and get a bad reputation. It will be all over for them. I can not wait to see the day. Be smart people. I was not!

They are always fast and friendly when I bring a vehicle in. They also know what they are doing, I can trust them with my vehicle. I am very, very grateful every time I go in. Thank you very much!! I will tell everyone I know.

Very friendly staff... Got me approved now I'm wanting to make the best out of my opportunity! I'm going to tell my coworkers and friends about them... It's a new opportunity for me. I'm just excited about this journey... I will make the best out of it.

Everyone was extremely courteous and friendly! Jason ** was very helpful and professional and made this the best car buying experience by far. Not to mention, the whole process took no time compared to past experiences with buying cars. Thanks, guys!

Great overall experience. Very helpful in the car buying experience. I've been looking for awhile and finally found what I needed. I have a credit problem with other car lots. Not here. They were able to help me get into a newer lower mileage car. Thank you JD Byrider.

Jason was extremely helpful and great to work with. It's my 4th vehicle with J.D. Byrider and the Medina store and Jason are great. I don't see myself going to any other store when I'm looking for a new vehicle in the next four years. Thank you very much.

I would describe my experience as fast, professional, helpful and thankful to me. The employees were very nice and generous. I will recommend them to others. Nice cars and nice service. Thank you and keep up the good work. I appreciate all the help and detailed information they gave me.

Eric ** was one of the nicest and most helpful salesman I have ever met. He helped me out tremendously. I tried at other dealers and no one was as confident on getting me into a car. I am very satisfied with my purchases. I will spread the word.

This was a great car buying experience! The salesperson was very professional and knowledgeable. The sales manager explained everything clearly and was very nice to work with!! I would send my family and friends to buy a car with JD Byrider anytime!

Factual basis uncertain

Hello Richard.

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. Have you tried calling our customer service team at 888-240-3595? We would like to take a closer look into your account and see if there's anything we can do to resolve these issues you've been having. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your patience and again, we apologize for your negative experience.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

First off, their advertisement "Buy here, pay here" is FALSE! You cannot pay where you buy it. So the first thing you see from them is a LIE! It only gets worse from there. I bought the car and within hours the engine light went on. I took it back to them and they told me the computer said it had something to do with a gas sensor and they would gladly fix it for close to $200. Remind you I HAD THE CAR ONLY HOURS! Of course their extensive warranty didn't cover it and it cost me more like $459 to fix it.

When you call to make a payment you're put on hold for 15 or 20 minutes during which the recording suggests you leave your number and their "autodialer" will call you back. Guess what THEY DON'T! This is a company that sells you a car for 4 to 5 times what it is worth, plunders you with a 24% finance fee, and then will do nothing to work with you if, by chance, you have a problem. Only in America could a company like this exist! In another, these people would be tarred and feathered!

The experience was very satisfying and I would definitely recommend it to any new person looking for a vehicle. I was treated with the highest respect and customer service. They worked with me and did everything to ensure my standards and wants were met.

J.D. Byrider

We are glad we could help you get into a better vehicle! Please reach out to us if you need more assistance.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

We have been going through JD Byrider for the last 2 years. Had an unfortunate event and our car was totaled. After our insurance had taken care of their portion, JD did all they could and were there to help us through the process. They talked us through step by step, and got us into a better vehicle and a better price. Very happy with the customer service we experienced through this stressful time.

J.D. Byrider

Thanks, Bonnie! We appreciate your business!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I cannot begin to express the service at your South Charleston dealership. Mark ** is always so friendly and nice and always takes time to listen. He is a great asset to your company. Service is always done not only in a timely manner but correctly. I highly recommend.

I love the service and precise information that JD Byrider gave us. We were treated with the greatest respect. I would say take a chance and try JD Byrider. It was recommended by a former family member. We had a bad experience at one location and was treated so much better at the Sutton MA Location.

Very fast, precise service and professional, friendly staff. I got my car in green bay but will continue to go to the appleton store. I was able to get an appointment quickly and to fit my schedule. Very pleased with my first experience there!

Great customer care. Very detailed oriented. Took care of my needs and very polite. He was patient with me from first point of contact. Got me in a car quickly. Helped me every step of the way. Very efficient and professional. I am pleased with the vehicle.

I went in J.D. Byrider, thinking that I wasn't going to be approved, but they worked with me to give me a car that I can afford and looks good. J.D. Byrider was very professional. Great and awesome job by sales team.

Before leaving the lot on 12-2-2016 I noticed that my passenger airbag light was off. I went to the service department and 3 guys was sitting in there and they told me to check it myself and if I couldn't fix it to come back next week. I really like my car so I would appreciate this getting fixed. I feel like they should have fixed this for me before I left the lot with my car. Eric ** and Justin helped and got me back into a car after my accident on my previously car I purchased from Charleston. I feel your service department is letting me down and I hate that due to great sales services you offer. Please take in consideration with service department lacking.

J.D. Byrider Company Profile

Formerly Named:
J.D. Byrider
12802 Hamilton Crossing Blvd.
Carmel